Windows Support Forum

Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen

Q: Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen

Hey Ok well it starts black windows of drives, both loading Two copy screen with XP, after hard screen same off with me managing to either corrupt windows or the hard drive on my original hard drive and when ever I try Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen to boot off there I get to the windows loading screen with logo and little green sliding bar and then it restarts and keeps doing that Tried booting in safe mode and from disc but I cannot do anything with it in terms of booting So Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen what Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen I decided to do was get a second hard drive and install XP onto there and then plug my second hard drive in and see if I can transfer files off there to the new one I got XP installed fine on it but when it came to booting with both hard drives plugged in I came to problems I set which hard drive is the priority one in the bios as there is no pins on the back of this new hard drive and it got to the windows loading screen with the new installation i know this because the loading screens are different for both hard drives After the loading screen my monitors go black and nothing happens Windows loads fine when it is just the new hard drive plugged in even if the old hard drive is plugged in and set to disabled it goes to the black screen If anyone is able to give some advice on what to do or what could be wrong I would be really grateful Thanks Matt nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Two hard drives, both with same copy of XP, black screen after windows loading screen

Sounds like the old hard drive is faulty to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-hard-drives-both-with-same-copy-of-xp-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.90318/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey need some help yet again Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but Login screen and BEFORE Screen 7 Windows Black logo/loading! AFTER what is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading! WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Attached is a log of my most recent scans Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Hi your problem can best be addressed in the security section of the forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-before-login-screen-and-after-windows-7-logo-loading-516244.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello I'm new to the Screen Cursor Screen w/ Loading Windows Black After forums but I find myself coming to this site a lot to fix my windows computer so heck why not join Problem Recently my computer starts up windows and after the loading screen it just sits at a black screen forever with a cursor and it doesn't even make it to the log in screen I have tried safe mode with the same results What I've Done So Black Screen w/ Cursor After Windows Loading Screen FarTried to Repair Startup with Windows DVD Tried to use sfc scannow at boot Says pending changes and needs to restart Tried logging into my Ubuntu partition and virus scanning None found Tried copying Reg Files from Regback into config while I was in Linux Tried to Repair Install But I can't log into Windows Tried to bootrec fixmbr fixbot RebuildBcd Which destroyed my dual boot linux grub but I was desperate And still nothing Interestingly though after I do RebuildBcd command it says something like quot Found Windows Installations quot Tried to System Restore Gave me an Error wouldn't you know At this point I'm not to confident that this can be fixed If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to try Or if you have any snazzy suggestions on how I could fix it using another computer I have a different Windows Pro x computer that I can put the HD in if there's someway I can save my data fix it repair install from there I just don't know how Edit I finished the chkdsk and there were no bad sectors though it did give me a message quot Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status quot I did a Windows Defender Offline scan with no viruses and I'm currently scanning with Kaspersky Rescue disk I don't believe it is a virus I think it's a corrupt registry at this point I had just cleaned my registry with CCleaner before the shutdown that led to this gt lt Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen w/ Cursor After Windows Loading Screen

Do you have any external drives connected by usb? I had a similar problem, and found that I had to turn off the usb drives when I re-booted. I still do that whenever I re-boot for any reason.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220859-black-screen-w-cursor-after-windows-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I am posting on behalf of my friend because he cannot get on but he has a cracked versions of ms office 07 and his dad accidently installed the office genuine advantage and Office SP1 and now this has happened. We have tried booting in safe mode, booting off the windows vista disk and restoring the bios back to system defaults but neither of these have worked. He has Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and his computer is an ACER Aspire.

I will be updating him with any information posted.

All help is highly appreciated.

A:Windows Vista loading screen then screen goes black

Looks like WGA got another one.
I think a format is in order.

As a side note dont put the cracked software back on.
Cheaters never prosper.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-loading-screen-then-screen-goes-black-375655.html
Relevancy 92.88%

So here's the deal screen Black Windows [SOLVED] after screen loading starting from the beginning Note I've been away for about a year and I just got back today I'm pretty psyched about Starcraft so I tried to install it a couple hours ago [SOLVED] Black screen after Windows loading screen The software failed to connect to the Internet to validate the installation At the suggestion of a member of another forum I ran ComboFix exe It totally fixed the problem I could have [SOLVED] Black screen after Windows loading screen stopped there but I was a little greedy I then installed Windows Updates on my computer up to but not including XP Service Pack I did this because SC II more or less asked me to I restarted upon completion and the problem began After the Windows loading screen the screen becomes black Shortly afterward there is no more input to the monitor it turns off I hear a beep every seconds from my computer but nothing else This continues until I restart Safe Mode and Last Known Configuration do not work I have the Recovery Console installed but I don't know what to do with that Unfortunately I disabled System Restore quite a while ago to save space I am fairly certain the culprit is these Windows updates What I would ideally like to do is well uninstall them I don't know how to navigate the text workspace of the Recovery Console though and I don't even know if it can be done I'd really appreciate any help at all It's so unfortunate that my computer worked great after a year of sitting idle and then I went and messed it up in an hour

A:[SOLVED] Black screen after Windows loading screen

Use an XP Installation Disk to run chkdsk, and hope your problem is HD errors.

If Safe Mode, Last known good configuration and System Restore are all not working, the only thing left is a Repair Installation.

Do you have a XP Installation disk ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen-503256.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hey; When I try to boot to Win 7, I get the logo and then a black screen. I have tried all the repairs and nothing works. Win 8.1 is fine. Help and thank you.

A:black screen on win 7 - dual hard drives win 8.1 on other

Boot the Windows 8.1 DVD/USB disk or Repair USB disk.
System Recovery Options - Boot to in Windows 8
Open> command prompt.

Use the Rebuild BCD in this tutorial:
Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38326-black-screen-win-7-dual-hard-drives-win-8-1-other.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello I've just recently encountered a problem with my pc I'm running Windows xp service pack on a machine with a p ghz proccessor gig ram and a GeForce GS video card After the bios screen the computer appears to load normally with the windows xp loading bar appearing but after this screen all I receive is Loading Screen Windows Black after Screen a black screen with a cursor I can move the cursor around however I can't access anything I also can't issue any commands from this screen I've tried loading last known good configuration to no avail I only get the same screen When I enter in safe mode I get the safe Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen mode text on the corners of the screen but still only a black screen and cursor When I enter in VGA mode all I get is a low res cursor icon I've booted from a windows recovery disk with the same results as a regular boot I quot ve also physically removed the video card and booted the machine without it to only have the same thing happen As far as what happened before this occurred I'm not exactly sure I know that my mom was attempted to install Norton anti-virus and she said after doing a reboot this is what happened Since then I can't get the pc to do anything else I don't know what else I could do to try to resolve this Any help would be greatly appreciated Please help

A:Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

I would think, at this point, your best bet would be to do a repair install using a Windows XP install disc.

More information can be found here. .
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen-279869.html
Relevancy 91.16%

attach txt dds txt gmer txt So yea my screen goes black after the loading screen sometimes I had a c A blue screen or was it a And this all happened right after a scheduled CHKDSK And removing the infected files didn't help at all either I'm at a loss here Thanks in advance for the help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - Disabled Outdated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost goes loading Screen screen xp after black Windows exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe Pseudo HJT Report mStart Page hxxp www xfinity com cid xfactiv eg self main mWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mWinlogon UIHost c program files tgtsoft stylexp logon CurrentLogon EXE mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent mRun Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun TkBellExe quot c program files real realplayer update Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen realsched exe quot -osboot mRun EKIJ StatusMonitor c windows system spool drivers w x EKIJ MUI exe mRun Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbamgui exe quot starttray mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun openvpn-gui c program files ultravpn bin openvpn-gui exe mRun Memeo Instant Backup c program files memeo autobackup MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui mRun Seagate Dashboard c program files seagate seagate dashboard MemeoLauncher exe --silent --no ui mRun Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup logite lnk - c program files logitech setpoint SetPoint exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file C WINDOWS Java classes xmldso cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces CC E E-C - E-B - BB C C A DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces D AF- - -A E - B EE E DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces B CE -CB C- C -B FB- A F AB DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces F DF F F-C E- -BEC -C F DhcpNameServer Handler grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - c program files microsoft office office GrooveSystemServices dll Notify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dll Notify LBTWlgn - c program files common files logitech bluetooth LBTWlgn dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll SEH Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook b a f -dda - -b ba- e cd - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings administrator application data mozilla firefox profiles n ffvd a default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Hotspot Shield Private Search FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp search hotspotshield com g c h FF - prefs js keyword URL - hxxp search hotspotshield com g results php c s amp q FF - component c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing mozillaaddon components hpClipBook dll FF - component c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing mozillaaddon components hpClipBookDB dll FF - component c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing mozillaaddon components hpNeoLogger dll FF - component c program fil... Read more

Relevancy 91.16%

While browsing screen went black and audio froze loud high frequency repeating noise Restarted system and windows suggest to perform startup repair before loading Performed it but it says it cannot fix all errors Windows screen after screen Black windows loading will show the loading screen but Black screen after windows loading screen it never logs on screen turns black and keyboard lights are not responsive num etc Created a system repair disk on another computer ran Black screen after windows loading screen repair from there but it did not solve the problem I can enter windows in safe mode writing this from there No new hardware added or software installed before this happened My uninformed assumption is that the -year old SSD is failing What is the best route to take Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr x c Windows Product Key N A hr x c Windows Product Key Hash N A hr x c Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Volume MAK Windows OS version ID B ECC -E - -AE - A C D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser N A hr x Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B ECC -E - -AE - A C D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BBBBB lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP EliteBook w lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt SVD Ver F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E C C FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition run 'slui exe x a x C' to display the error text Error x C Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Not Registered - x c HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current LgAAAAIAAQABAAEAAAAAAAAAAwABAAEAln cLAIRdxZa zopIH wkRKFGlkucw OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BI... Read more

A:Black screen after windows loading screen

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
I would guess it would be a graphic's card driver if safe mode with networking is working.

Remove the graphic's card after uninstalling the driver
Connect using on board graphic's and see what happens.

Either way safe mode with networking uses minimal drivers and installed software
Post a uninstall a program screen shot here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389233-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 91.16%

When i boot up the computer it seems alright upon till the loading screen. u don't even get to see a loading screen it just goes black. Can i please get some advice on how to fix the computer with the windows disc. ive put it in and ran the boot up from cddrive. i just have no idia how to fix it from there lol. when i ran it in safe mode it stopped 5 lines down. plz help me out would really appreciate it =).

A:Black screen before windows loading screen

Which windows disc (Xp? Vista? another OS?)

Is this a laptop or PC?
Are you running an addon Video card (well this is PC only question)

We need to know more specifications about your computer to help you

At a guess I would suggest to run CheckDisk from your Windows CD on the Recovery Console ie chkdsk c: /f (Try that)

Oh and please put your System Specs information in your Profile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-before-windows-loading-screen.114159/
Relevancy 91.16%

Windows XP service loading Screen xp screen goes after black Windows pack This happened after a scheduled chkdsk My screen stays completely black and doesn't let me choose a profile to log on to Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen I went into safemode and did a scan under administrator with malwarebytes and spybot S amp D And I did find a BUNCH of trojans I couldnt find if I went onto my regular account Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen Malwarebytes Free anti-malware anti-virus and spyware removal download Database version Windows Service Pack Safe Mode Internet Explorer PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Userinit Hijack UserInit - gt Bad C WINDOWS system userinit exe C Windupdt winupdate exe Good userinit exe - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c program files Cain Abel exe HackTool Cain - gt Not selected for removal c program files Cain Abel exe HackTool Cain - gt Not selected for removal c program files Cain Cain exe PUP Passwordtool Cain - gt Not selected for removal c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c system volume information restore c b -a b- - ab- e dfe RP A exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Cain and able is obviously mine But Aside from those I removed one that was a quot hijack intuit quot lt --- Hijacker tho I tried a system restore which restored the viruses back and I was able to log on again but with very slow performance And I'm not sure how or what to do to repair it Am I forced to format Thanks in advance

A:Screen goes black after Windows xp loading screen

hi,

follow this NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum and post the logs here Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-goes-black-after-windows-xp-loading-screen-594762.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Just started happening last week on my friend's laptop It sticks on the loading screen for ages like minutes then just goes black without ever showing the login screen It's running Windows Home Premium bit Works in safe mode and have done a virus scan using AVG and couldn't find anything Done a memory check but that seems to be fine Tried updating windows in safe mode but the Windows Update won't open Tried doing a system restore but it failed Tried using sfc scannow in safremode but that said there was nothing wrong Tried disabling the graphics card but Screen loading after Windows Black screen. that didn't make a difference The computer didn't come with a windows cd so tried downloading quot Windows Home Premium x SP U media refresh quot Windows Direct Download Links and then doing a Repair Install using the this guide Repair Install but on step it says quot to upgrade you need to be running windows with service pack installed quot Any help would be much appreciated

A:Black Screen after Windows loading screen.

joshhunt,

See if any of these links are of help...

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231195-black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 91.16%

My stats Win XP ECS k S A motherboard AMD ghz Radeon Pro PS w Envision -e quot flat screen I started screen black screen windows after loading getting a black screen after the windows loading screen about months ago So you understand the black screen is AFTER the windows splash screen not before At that time I was running Win ME and had a RAdeon mb DDR I can t say for sure but I black screen after windows loading screen think this started very soon after I got the RAdeon I could temporarily fix it by logging into safe mode then restarting I was having a motherboard problem at the same time where it would reset my bios settings about once a week So after about a month of the black screen issue I returned my motherboard for a new one same model and reformatted upgrading to XP Ok things go well for about a month then start getting the black screen I reformat XP again to fix it and it happens AGAIN So I went out and bought RAdeon Pro thinking the video card was to blame Just to note the HD light is not on when the black black screen after windows loading screen screen comes up also it does not eventually log me on it stays a black screen forcing me to restart manually on front of comp Radeon Pro did not fix it I have reformatted different times now and the black screen seems inevitable I have latest video drivers AGP drivers XP SP DirectX was doing it on dx as well Everyone tells me it s a driver issue but I m thinking it s the motherboard now I have a backup GeForce Mx I pop it in and it works flawless everytime Am I having a motherboard ATI conflict I had found a quick fix where I could just uninstall then reinstall the video drivers and it would boot up again but as of today that stopped working for me Please please please help me Thanks nbsp

A:black screen after windows loading screen

try using a lower resolution and a lower screen refresh rate on the graphics card
It's quite possible your monitor can't handle the higher settings.

This is very likely if everything works ok with a geforce 2mx 200 which has lower top resolution than a radeon 9000

Derek

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.114752/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello,

Recently, after one week of not being used, my computer has been giving me problems. After being turned on, the computer goes to the loading screen with the bar and loads but immediately after goes to a black screen. If booted in safe mode, the Welcome screen becomes unfocused and as the cursor is moved, the screen progressively becomes more so. I have never encountered this problem before and do not know what to do. Thanks a lot.

A:Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

What kind of computer ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-loading-screen-260510.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello!

I have a problem with Vista. When I start my computer, it displays a black screen for a couple of minutes before starting to load Vista. I don't really know what to say more, since I'm totally clueless with this one.

What I've tried to do, is to update my drivers. I've also updated my BIOS. What should I try next?

Thanks in advance!

A:Black screen before loading Windows

Is this before or after the loading bar?

Do you have a DVD in the drive?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195316-black-screen-before-loading-windows.html
Relevancy 85.57%

When the WIndows XP loading screen with process bar finishes the screen goes black. The mouse is still visible but nothing happens. I tried running it in Safe Mode and still the same thing.

I put this topic in here cause it might be the video card. I saw a post from someone else but they said it was after their login.

Should I be right about the video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-loading-screen-goes-black.152536/
Relevancy 85.57%

Last night my video went all screwy as I was using my computer I got interference and snowy stuff all over the screen I restarted the computer and the screen went black completely black no flickers after the Windows XP splash screen While on the Windows splash screen there are rows of blue colored rectangles across the screen I have an older nVidia GeForce Ti agp on a Dell and financially cannot upgrade to a loading after goes Screen black Windows XP new comp at this time I restarted in safe mode uninstalled my video drivers restarted and had video windows detected my uninstalled video card So I downloaded Screen goes black after loading Windows XP and reinstalled my drivers but when I restarted it went to black again I also tried installing the newest version of directx and I rebooted to the last known good configuration neither worked I opened the case took the card out it Screen goes black after loading Windows XP looked fine not dusty and it was not hot I reseated the card turned the comp on Screen goes black after loading Windows XP and the fan was working I haven t yet gone to the reformatting reinstalling windows step I m wondering should I reformat or is this more likely a dead video card nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

System Screen loading after Windows Black ECS K S A SiS chipset motherboard AMD Ghz Radeon Pro MB Win XP PS w Envision monitor model -e I m having a problem with a black screen after showing the windows loads screen It stays Black Screen after Windows loading black and I have to restart in safe mode Does not show the HD light on while on black screen so I assume that nothing is trying to load up I have reformatted different times to fix this It always works fine for a while week to a month but goes back to the black screen problem eventually This last time I upgraded me power supply from w to w No problems for about a month then this morning I get a black screen All monitor drivers are updated video an AGP I had resolution set at x hz refresh With all the stuff I have messed with this has been going on for about months now it seems that the monitor might be the problem Also was having a little problem here lately before the black screen came back System would boot up but the monitor would never actually come on the light would stay yellow Everytime I restarted it would come on and boot up fine so I didn t worry too much Please help me nbsp

A:Black Screen after Windows loading

Closing duplicate, please post only once.....

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109274

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-loading.109273/
Relevancy 85.57%

Yesterday my PC worked fine and when I wanted to turn it off it didn't work by start menu so I turned it off manualy by holding the power button. Today when I got up I turned my PC but it doesn't work. Everything works fine untill the after the windows loading screen. It loads and then when I'm suppose to see users the screen goes black and all I can see/move is the mouse. Two weeks ago uptill now Avira Antivir was detecting viruses named something like a2r442rfwa244rt65t43 but I always blocked or qaurantined them. So things that I tried to do are: I tried to run safemode-same problem. I tried using windows repair instalation and it finished without problems but i still get the same problem. I don't know what to do. Please help me!

A:Black screen after windows XP loading

Anyone? Please? I really need to get my PC fixed i have a lot of work to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-xp-loading.869602/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, not sure if this is the right spot but here it goes.

So a couple of weeks ago I turn on my PC like normal, it loads into windows etc. After about 1 min or so I get a black screen and nothing works. Turn PC off and back on works fine.

This week however it happened again, except it won't work after turning off and and again. The only way I can find a "fix" for this so far is by removing my GPU and connecting direct to motherboard. 

I had tried updating Graphics driver but this didn't work.

Not sure what else to try, is this a GPU issue or windows?

Any help much obliged.

Matt

A:Black screen loading windows.

If removing your graphic card...resolved the problem...I'd interpret that as a signal that the card is on the fritz.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578075/black-screen-loading-windows/
Relevancy 85.57%

I?ve bought new hardware and install it. I got I all to work with Windows XP (SP1) but after running the system for a about a day, the system became unstable.

Now it gives me black screen after windows load.

The system is:

Asus Reppublic of gamers, formula Maximus (x38)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR2 PC2-8500 2x2 GB

SEAGATE BARRACUDA ES.2 SATA2 500 GB

Club-3D GeForce 8800GTS 512MB

I?ve formatted the hard drive and reinstall Windows (from my old computer, as I could not get windows to reinstall on new system)

I suspect that it might be the RAM or the CPU that?s the problem, but I don?t know how to find with one or the other or if it is a completely different problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Black screen after windows loading

Try a cold boot to SAFE MODE, by pressing the <F8> key repeatedly about once per second until it boots. If nothing on the screen then, you likely have a bad video graphics card. If you get something on the screen that is low resolution, you likely have a bad driver.
You might try any other video card to see if you get a screen, which tells you a lot about your card.
If it is booting, and you can hear it work, then it is probably not the memory.
Usually the problem is not eh CPU unless you have it installed improperly without enough thermal paste, or too much thermal paste.
How did you format the hard drive and install Windows if you could not see the screen.
If you used a hard drive installed on any other computer, then that is your problem, as Windows Antipiracy will prevent it from working on your computer without a repair install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-windows-loading.107977/
Relevancy 85.57%

hi all sorry for the long post but i have tried a few things i have hp pavillion laptop with vista home after windows black screen bar loading premium i was playing brothers in arms earned in blood when i came out i git a pop-up black screen after windows loading bar telling me nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recoverd all was fine then played another game for about mins coming out of that i got the same pop-up but could not do anything other thenmove the mouse pointer so i had to hard restart it got the post screen then a black screen so i turned it off left it a minute and tried again this time i got a start windows normaly or fix start-up so i went for the fix got into windows but it kept flashing black screen with just the taskbar showing or the background with white icons i managed to get into control panel and tried to rollback my graphic driver but it would not do it when i shut down i started in safe mode which went in fine but i have very very little knowledge in this matter can someone help me please i could not even get into safe mode yesterday black screen after windows loading bar until i remembered that the first time i didn t have my wireless turned on when i turned it off i could get into safemode every time i ran a virus scan but found nothing i then run search and destroy which found a few things cleaned them then thought what the hell and restarted and windows loaded i got a pop-up which said nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recoverd or times so i restarted more time and windows loaded normal i then shut down for a few minutes and tried again worked but every time i got the same pop-up then i switched wireless back on and now it has gone back to loading to a black screen but i can t seem to load windows even with wireless back off thankyou for your time nbsp

A:black screen after windows loading bar

Post your system model and specs please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-windows-loading-bar.727840/
Relevancy 85.14%

I was having trouble starting my computer like many other people it seems - it would hang just after the quot starting windows quot screen appeared I had a completely black blank screen no mouse pointer nothing The only way to overcome the issue was by powering down and restarting windows which always seemed to get it running but very frustrating none the less I tried several fixes from this forum without success Thinking about it though I realised that my problem only began after I had reinstalled windows which I had done several times because of faulty memory - everytime I got the same screen after Solved black "loading screen windows" startup problem I know that advice from this forum frequently referred to ensuring all drivers were up to date so I checked mine via Device Manager All showed that they were the latest drivers according to Windows Update However I decided to manually reinstall the motherboard drivers from the ASUS website I had already done so for the chipset namely the SATA and LAN drivers To my delight this seems Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen to have returned my Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen computer to its correct working state with no startup issues Just thought I would post this info in case it is of use to anyone trying to overcome a similar problem

A:Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen

Hi ColWar,

Thanks for posting your solution! Hopefully this will be of use to someone else. I will flag this thread to be marked 'Solved'.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79331-solved-black-screen-after-loading-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS AS IM GETTING EXTREMELY DESPERATE NOW I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL After partially partitioning my hard drive using Active Partition Recovery programme was stopped half way through Black Windows + genuine' screen after is 'This 7 copy Partitioning not partition I found that all desktop icons and apps had disappeared The start menu became unresponsive and I knew I had seriously messed up the system I immediately restarted the computer and logged in with the normal account only to come to a Black screen with nothing but a white cursor and the message Windows 7 'This copy is not genuine' + Black screen after Partitioning 'This copy of windows is not genuine' in the bottom right of the screen It is genuine though as I forked out my hard earned cash to buy it from the local computer shop Anyway ive been surfing the web all day for fixes to this problem and have managed to make small progress by starting Task manager and creating a 'New task' for 'explorer exe' However this brings up a few Icons and the old desktop but I get the message 'You have been logged on with a temporary profile' and as such - I cannot access Windows 7 'This copy is not genuine' + Black screen after Partitioning any folders and any changes I make will be deleted at next login I eventually found the option to transfer administrative privellages from 'TrustedInstaller' to 'Andrew' my account but I get the error 'Cannot access control editor The system cannot find the path specified quot Ive tried 'chkdsk' command prompt - which took a few hours - to no avail and when I try to open any applications I get the message 'no such interface supported' So Ive obviously corrupted the profile or screwed up the registries when I tried to bloody partition the hard drive but im not sure what to do now Im very hesitant to do a complete utility restore because I have so many important work related documents stored on there as do my parents family photos etc and I know they are still there as I can see all the folders are still in place and take up room on the hard drive but I cannot access any files within them and the system cant seem to locate the file path of certain apps - thus I cannot make backup copies of anything For example iTunes is one of the few applications that comes up on the desktop on this temporary profile but when I try to open it I get the message 'Apple application support was not found' Just to add insult to injury however - Paint calculator and notepad seem to function fine on the temp profile the only drawback being that they are next to useless applications On a sidenote the nd profile that mum uses wont even log in whatsoever it just logs back out straight away Also safe mode is not much different I can run certain tasks as administrator but I cannot access any files or control panel Im not very tech savy so I probably shouldn't of tried that partition in the first place which ironically was to recover files off a damaged external hard drive but all that means is that I have no clue what to do now Should I try inserting the win disk that came with it running a system repair changing the boot order in BIOS or deleting the corrupt profile s and making a new one - or will that cause all data to be lost Im still holding onto any hope of recovering the files on the computer but that hope is dwindling and I have a major assignment - among other things - that I had written which is in the bowels of this bloody machine im using a mates computer at the moment So basically I don't have a clue in hell what to do next If any of you have encountered similar problems or can suggest a solution thanks in advance and A SINCERE THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS THROUGH Needless to say if I do manage to get my data back -- ill sure as hell be making backups of everything

A:Windows 7 'This copy is not genuine' + Black screen after Partitioning

Hi lets try a start up repair Startup Repair - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-this-copy-is-not-genuine-black-screen-after-partitioning-704525.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everyone, I have one little concern and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas..

I recently (as in one hour ago) re-installed Windows. I completely wiped my hard drive and started from scratch. Everything runs fine, all the programs work, blah blah blah, but one thing that drives me absolutely crazy is after the Windows Loading Splash Screen, (the one with the little green bar that goes back and forth) I get a black screen with no next for about 30 seconds before Windows actually loads. There is no external hardware plugged in that might be causing an error. This has never happened before, and although it isn't crucial, it's really annoying how slow Windows Loads! Does anyone have any idea?

My computer specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz processor
1 gig of Ram
aTI Radeon 9600

Thanks so much

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-pause-after-windows-loading-screen.651366/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all I have desktop. loading not Windows XP black, screen welcome hard disks Gb and gb which are both compatible with the rest of the computer The OS was initially installed in the GB drive and was working fine till I got a message on startup saying it had failed the S M A R T test and crash was imminent So I loaded Windows XP welcome screen black, not loading desktop. XP onto the the GB disk and removed the GB disk Everything was working fine except on start up I Windows XP welcome screen black, not loading desktop. was given two OS to boot from the second one now obsolete since the disk was removed So I entered the System Configuration Utility and using the quot Check All Boot Paths quot made a system restore point Windows XP welcome screen black, not loading desktop. before this deleted the option that no longer was in use and rebooted the system Except that upon loading desktop it rebooted within a minute I tried restoring using system restore but the same problem continued So I tried repairing my installation using the Windows XP CD After it did a repair and upon boot and installing in place of the Welcome screen the screen turns black However I have control over the mouse pointer But Ctrl-Alt-Delete Ctrl-Esc or right click nothing of this sort works Even booting in safe mode leads to the same result except the black screen has Safe Mode written in the corners Kindly advise nbsp

A:Windows XP welcome screen black, not loading desktop.

First pull out the 80 gig hard drive, and see if it boots with just the 500gb drive by itself, If not, Insert the windows CD, reboot press a button to boot from CD. Skip the first repair option the next time it talks about repair do that one. You should see two partitions, a big one and a smaller one, select the larger of them to repair. The computer will fix the os and then reboot this time do not press the any key and just let it boot. I think what you may have happened is you had an backup windows on the 500gig, and pointed the boot to boot that os. Also if you have a damaged Hard drive, and even if you are not booting from it, having the corrupt or laggy hd will lead to boot issues,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-welcome-screen-black-not-loading-desktop.983664/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have hard disks Gb and gb which are both compatible with the rest of the computer The OS was initially installed in XP welcome Windows not desktop. loading black, screen the GB drive and was working fine till I got a message on startup saying it had failed the Windows XP welcome screen black, not loading desktop. S M A R T test and crash was imminent So I loaded XP onto the the GB disk and removed the GB disk Everything was working fine except on start up I was given two OS to boot from the second one now obsolete since the disk was removed So I entered the System Configuration Utility and using the quot Check All Boot Paths quot made a system restore point before this deleted the option that no longer was in use and rebooted the system Except that upon loading desktop it rebooted within a minute I tried restoring using system restore but the same problem continued So I tried repairing my installation using the Windows XP CD After it did a repair and upon boot and installing in place of the 'Welcome' screen the screen turns black However I have control over the mouse pointer But Ctrl-Alt-Delete Ctrl-Esc or right click nothing of this sort works Even booting in safe mode leads to the same result except the black screen has 'Safe Mode' written in the corners Kindly advise using Windows XP Media Center Edition

A:Windows XP welcome screen black, not loading desktop.

It sounds like your system is already set to boot from CD. Perhaps you should try reinstalling Windows on the new drive. That way your MSCONFIG issues would be settled, the OS would now recognize your new configuration, and it sounds like you might have a video issue although it could just be a corrupt install. I'd suggest trying a reinstall of XP.

Good day.

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-welcome-screen-black-not-loading-desktop-554639.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I am having trouble with my Dell XPS i lately It has served me well all these years and I would like to squeeze a few more months out of it if possible while I wait on the second gen k iMac refresh this year hopefully So here is my problem My monitor goes black after booting up past the windows loading screen and the fans slow down soon after power save mode The only way I have been able to get past this is to Windows black loading goes Monitor 7 screen after power off and remove a stick of ram so that the computer recognizes a change on the next startup only then will it move past the loading screen and work flawlessly But now that doesn t seem to work anymore either So I am back to a black screen after the Windows loading screen The monitor is new and I should mention that my computer does not beep on startup although I m not sure what that signifies or if it is important at all I am hoping that since my Monitor goes black after Windows 7 loading screen computer is so old it might need the motherboard lithium battery replaced but I have not been able to extract it on my own without taking out other components that are in the way So before I dig in and manually destroy my computer trying to take out the lithium battery I thought I d ask first in hopes that there s some easy fix I am missing Any leads or help would be appreciated thanks

A:Monitor goes black after Windows 7 loading screen

Edit: Some of these are for black screen after login, you can still try them (if applicable)

To be honest I have no idea why this is happening. You can search for "black screen of death" in forums, there are countless threads about the subject.
Some solutions:
- Boot with Last Known Good Configuration (F8 menu)
- Restore to a prior date (System Restore) - System Restore
- Scan for malware (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free)
- Try a clean startup Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
- Check if explorer.exe is running and start from CTRL+ALT+DEL (task manager - new task)
- Verify in registry: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsot\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon to make sure 'shell = explorer.exe'
- Follow SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
- Try loading defaults in BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375072-monitor-goes-black-after-windows-7-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everyone, I have one little concern and I was wondering if anybody has any ideas..

I recently (as in one hour ago) re-installed Windows. I completely wiped my hard drive and started from scratch. Everything runs fine, all the programs work, blah blah blah, but one thing that drives me absolutely crazy is after the Windows Loading Splash Screen, (the one with the little green bar that goes back and forth) I get a black screen with no next for about 30 seconds before Windows actually loads. There is no external hardware plugged in that might be causing an error. This has never happened before, and although it isn't crucial, it's really annoying how slow Windows Loads! Does anyone have any idea?

My computer specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz processor
1 gig of Ram
aTI Radeon 9600

Thanks so much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-pause-after-windows-loading-screen-195106.html
Relevancy 84.71%

hi i recently had a virus on my computer did numerous scans and did a restore that made my computer go into a continously restart loop on stuck loading cursor on with screen screen after black bootup ive managed to fixed that with couple recovery console commands and finally did a windows xp pair with the disk had some problems installing some drivers after the installation repair was finished computer rebooted but then the screen would be stuck on a black screen with a cursor in the middle stuck on black screen with cursor after loading screen after the windows logo with loading bar the login screen doesnt show ive tried numerous ideas from ctl alt delete and shift f ive hit shift times and i heard a noise but nothing pops up for sticky keys ive booted in safe mode and it shows all the files loading then it gets stuck with the black screen with the quot windows professional quot thing on the top and bottom with the cursor im guessing it has to do with the video card driver i need help thanks oh and im running on windows xp professional thanks edit okay so i decided to do the xp repair again to see if it would fix it and did shift f to bring up command prompt and typed sysdm cpl to see what drivers were missing there was a yellow explation mark on the following Display adapters - Video controller VGA compatible Modems - PCI modem Network - Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Sound video and game controllers - Multimedia audio controller System devices - Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver Universal Serial Vus controllers - SiS PCI to USB enhanced Host Controller note when i right click proporties and update driver then click on quot install from a list or specific location quot then click on quot dont search i will choose the driver to install quot it lists drives model Sis and SiS M the problem is i couldnt install or update the drivers because i dont have the disks how can i install these drivers would i have to go to on another computer download all the needed drivers and load em into another disk then locate the file on the disk when needed for installation so right now ima stay put at the xp setup screen with drives selection

A:stuck on black screen with cursor after loading screen

Does it boot in safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310853/stuck-on-black-screen-with-cursor-after-loading-screen/
Relevancy 84.71%

First post, but I have tried to uninstall video drivers, system restore, random registry fixes, and so forth. I also did a virus scan, showing 17 Trojans (I know, very bad). I am guessing that is how this happened, not sure though. Uninstalling the video drivers helps, until I need to restart it due to new software. Then I can sometimes get to the log in screen, but even after that, It just goes black after a few seconds. I have searched and searched all over, and have not found a fix. Any help?

A:Laptop with Vista has black screen after loading screen

Hi Hackrtanman,

firstly welcome to the forums

Can you post detailed specs of your system.

And can you try to boot into safemode and disable the video card drivers on the system from Device Manager and then restart the system and check.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/296826-laptop-vista-has-black-screen-after-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My Windows 7 background hasthis black background. At the bottom it says "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of windows is not genuine.

This problem started about 8 months ago when my hard drive ended up going bad I got the hard drive replaced, but ever since then I have been getting messages saying "invalid serial number", and it wants me to enter the correct serial number. its really starting to bug me. My windows 7 serial number won't work for some reason.

Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] This copy of windows is not genuine + black screen on background

Hi Aloriss,

May I ask is your copy of Windows 7, a LEGITIMATE copy?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-black-screen-on-background-566001.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Was infected with a screen block virus yesterday (ukash) but was able to use safe mode to run AVG and MBAM to clear. Normal mode was accessible again and screen no longer blocked so ran MBAM again but kept sticking. Ran again overnight but now have black screen (no taskbar, no option to ctrl+alt+dlt). Safe mode was running normally until I followed advice to edit the drive names in regedit.exe as a solution. Since Safe Mode is also now a black screen so can run no diagnostic tools. Can ctrl+alt+dlt in safe mode, no other functionality.

I am running Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio laptop less than a year old. Came preinstalled with Windows. I have license key but not discs.

Help!!!!

A:Black screen - this copy of Windows is not genuine - post virus

Is the reinstall partition on the hard drive still intact?
Tapping F10 while booting should get you to the factory restore partition but you will lose all data(files and programs added since new) currently on the drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-post-virus-702743.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey, I was doing some maintenance to my computer (updating drivers) and as per my routine, I used driver sweeper to remove my AMD display driver to install the latest version. After the reboot when the display driver was removed, the windows logo loads normally and after that it goes into black screen. I've since tried all the other options - safe mode, repair, last known good config and I'll go to a black screen everytime past the windows logo/load bar.

I'm at at total lost on what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:HELP! Black screen after loading past windows logo

Ugh looks like it has something to do with my monitor just blacking out after being Not Optimum Mode for a minute, got it fixed

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/240037-help-black-screen-after-loading-past-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I just drivewashed my s-ata wd harddrive 3 passes,and got to installing the controllers to the harddrive s-ata which was fasttrak100 lite windows xp driver and the promist fasttrak etc.. controller,it goes on to say install windows xp professional when i have the disk already in there...the whole windows installation reaches partitioning the hard drive,then it asks one more time for the hard drive controller driver off the floppy,so i insert that it installs more....then it says "computer will now restart,take floppy out"...but when the computer restarts this time,it goes into the normal windows loading black screen with the blue dots moving left to right at the bottom center,then suddenly it just freezes..ive tried reinstalling windows but i have no clue whats going on.

A:Windows XP Freezes at black logo loading screen!:(

What mobo are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-freezes-at-black-logo-loading-screen.42039/
Relevancy 83.85%

Dear Tech support members,

I have recently installed a fresh copy of windows XP on my vaio VGN-SZ770N, everything was goin smooth untill i installed SP3, after installing SP3 and tried to restart my laptop, the laptop was on "Windows is shutting down" blue screen for like 30 mins, so i turned it off manually and turned it on again, now it stops on the black screen with windows XP logo and the loading animation and never get passed that, i can use it in safe mode only, the reason of me installing a win xp is that i had exactly the same problem when Vista was installed on the laptop, it wouldnt get passed the black loadin screen as well, im wondering if this is a hardware failure ?

Also before installing SP3 i had the Form1 window that pops whenever you start your computer
Any suggestions is highly appreciated

A:windows wont get passed black loading screen

Form1 is probably malware, and installing SP3 on a computer that has malware usually results in problems.

I suggest running a full scan with Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and let it fix everything it finds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-get-passed-black-loading-screen.877198/
Relevancy 83.85%

hi everyone i have bumped into a little problem well i hope it is a little problem to fix as i have tried a fair few things ok this is what im getting when i load my windows theres no background or login image and also when i was restarting my computer it done the same thing black background with the windows logo on the bottom Windows screen 7 HELP loading upon login to URGENT Black while shutting down restarting quot iv attached the image quot now want i done was since i wanted to revert my icons back to stock i had these files in my backups for awhile and i replaced them with the current Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP ones in system imageres dll imagesp dll shell dll zipfldr dll this is the last Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP thing i done till this happened now Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP i have tried to run repair but wont detect anything and says you hardware attached etc and i can't run system restore since i don't have it on if this helps i also running dual boot win and xp atm im on xp so i can access the win system files please i really need help thanks

A:Windows 7 Black screen upon loading to login URGENT HELP

Try this:

1. Reboot while holding down the F8 key.
2. Choose safe mode with networking.
3. Google for the latest driver for your video card.
4. Download and install the new driver after uninstalling the old one.
5. Reboot your computer.

Also, you could try the repair option two or three times.

I don't want to nag, but when you're up and running, turn system restore back on - you know it makes sense.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/172094-windows-7-black-screen-upon-loading-login-urgent-help.html
Relevancy 83.85%

it has been sticking on the loading screen for about a month now so i reinstalled windows and it came on to the desktop i started downloading the drivers for mobo and i had to restart twice on the second time it got stuck again then i turned it off it came back on and asked me to system restore so i did it got stuck again i tried repairing with the windows disk it said it couldnt repair really stuck on this help would be appreciated thanks

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi when i start my PC i see the circle dot loading That goes fast to the next step and then my screen goes black for seconds My keyboard and mouse are off then Sometimes is can happen that the keyboard goes on still the black screen stays The black screen is not as back as when the screen is off You see light trough it I'm using Windows and tried - Checked error log in event gt could not find anything - Remove AMD drivers gt Black after loading for 20 screen picure seconds Windows same issue - Unticked all non-windows services - Unplugged mouse and Black screen for 20 seconds after Windows loading picure keyboard gt same issue Where can i see what is making i load so slow I worked Black screen for 20 seconds after Windows loading picure fine yesterday only this morning the problem started Specs i K GB RAM AMD SSD from crucial installed Thanks for the help Joao EDIT So this is quite embarrassing I found out that Bitdefender could not be removed from non-Windows services so i completely removed Bitdefender and the issue is resolved

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55009-black-screen-20-seconds-after-windows-loading-picure.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello BleepingComputer forums Laptop HP ProBook s OS Windows x Bit Warranty Didn't buy from HP bought from a guy that was selling the laptop Yesterday my explorer got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button i turned it on and then Startup repair appeared i is after at black "Windows files" Stuck screen loading left it to complete and then i went to sleep The next day i woke up Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" i opened my laptop and then Windows is loading files appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work Such as Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" -Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for seconds -Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery I cannot access safe mode using F I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff If anyone can help i would be grateful because ill probably pay and up UPDATE I just found out that i have the recovery disk so when i put it in the menu dosen't show up System Recovery and Startup repair etc But when i put the disk in i can now access Advanced Boot Options including the safe mode and all the other things So now that i can access the safe mode is there any way that i can have any access to my laptop

A:Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

for hp PC's you can start a system recovery (fresh install of the OS) by pressing the f11 repeatedly when booting up the pc, it will take you into the recovery manager in there you can do a system recovery with or without backing up files

you can alternatively go into f2 for a diagnostic test to see what is failing (run all the tests)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617834/stuck-at-black-screen-after-windows-is-loading-files/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a problem with Windows Vista, after the loading bar the screen goes black then the monitor goes on standby. The monitor turns on and works fine in Safe mode. I've tried to boot the computer with another monitor and the monitor turns on. All both of the monitors are CRTs.

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista black screen after loading bar

Quote:

I've tried to boot the computer with another monitor and the monitor turns on

This is kinda confusing.

Does startup work with One monitor and not the other?

Do you haveyour Windows Vista CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-black-screen-after-loading-bar-677143.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello HP forumsYesterday, my explorer got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button, i turned it on, and then, Startup repair appeared, i left it to complete and then i went to sleep.The next day i woke up, i opened my laptop, and then "Windows is loading files" appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever.I read many solutions but none of them seemed to workSuch as:-Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for 40 seconds.-Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery (I cannot access safe mode using F8)I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff.If anyone can help, i would be grateful because ill probably pay $200 and up.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Stuck-at-black-screen-after-quot-Windows-is-loading-files/td-p/5660568
Relevancy 83.85%

i get the black screen with the blinking cursor every morning when i open the pc but when i restart it again it works ... however when i shutdown the pc for few hours i dont get this problem ...

here is the things i did but nothing worked well

-repaired windows (didnt get the problem for 1 week then it got back)

-bios fix with repair disc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517760/black-screen-with-blinking-cursor-before-loading-windows/
Relevancy 83.85%

I recently upgraded from an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro to an x850 Pro, and problems started up from when I've first started trying to use it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, tried to fool around with it all...but to no avail. After installing the drivers off of the CD or the latest Catalyst/Omega drivers off of the internet, and restarting the computer...after loading XP it just goes to a black screen with a small gray line on against the white side of the monitor. I'm not quite certain what is causing this, or how to fix it...Help, pwease? >.>

The motherboard the card is in is an Asus P4S800.

Relevancy 83.85%

I have a HP Envy that I got about a year ago, recently (yesterday) it has been not booting up. What happens is when I press the power button it loads up and goes past the hp loading screen, but when it gets the the first windows loading screen, it kinda flickers from that to a black screen, also the on screen keyboard will pop up and go down all the time. Really not sure why it is doing this, can't even get on my computer. One last thing, if I wait long enough it will pop up with an error saying "LogonUI.exe - Application Error. The exception Breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFD23A5C753. Click ok the terminate the program" if I click ok it just start flickering again or just goes to a black screen.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-10-Not-booting-and-Flashing-black-loading-screen/td-p/5803076
Relevancy 83.42%

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS AS IM GETTING EXTREMELY DESPERATE NOW I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL After partially partitioning my hard drive using Active Partition Recovery programme Temp after partition of Windows genuine acount Black not Screen,Copy + was stopped half way through partition I found that all desktop icons and apps had disappeared The start menu became unresponsive and I knew I had seriously messed up the system I immediately restarted Black Screen,Copy of Windows not genuine + Temp acount after partition the computer and logged in with the normal account only to come to a Black screen with nothing but a white cursor and the message 'This copy of windows is not genuine' in the bottom right of the screen It is genuine though as I forked out my hard earned in cash to buy it from the local computer shop Anyway ive been surfing the web all day for fixes to this problem and have managed to make small progress by starting Task manager and creating a 'New task' for 'explorer exe' However this brings up a few Icons and the old desktop but I get the message 'You have been logged on with a temporary profile' and as such - I cannot access any folders and any changes I make will be deleted at next login I eventually found the option to transfer administrative privellages from 'TrustedInstaller' to 'Andrew' my account but I get the error 'Cannot access control editor The system cannot find the path specified quot Ive tried 'chkdsk' command prompt - which took a few hours - to no avail and when I try to open any applications I get the message 'no such interface supported' So Ive obviously corrupted the profile or screwed up the registries when I tried to bloody partition the hard drive but im not sure what to do now Im very hesitant to do a complete utility restore because I have so many important work related documents stored on there as do my parents family photos etc and I know they are still there as I can see all the folders are still in place and take up room on the hard drive but I cannot access any files within them and the system cant seem to locate the file path of certain apps - thus I cannot make backup copies of anything For example iTunes is one of the few applications that comes up on the desktop on this temporary profile but when I try to open it I get the message 'Apple application support was not found' Just to add insult to injury however - Paint calculator and notepad seem to function fine on the temp profile the only drawback being that they are next to useless applications On a sidenote the nd profile that mum uses wont even log in whatsoever it just logs back out straight away Also safe mode is not much different I can run certain tasks as administrator but I cannot access any files or control panel Im not very tech savy so I probably shouldn't of tried that partition shit in the first place which ironically was to recover files off a damaged external hard drive but all that means is that I have no clue what to do now Should I try inserting the win disk that came with it running a system repair changing the boot order in BIOS or deleting the corrupt profile s and making a new one - or will that cause all data to be lost Im still holding onto any hope of recovering the files on the computer but that hope is dwindling and I have a major assignment - among other things - that I had written which is in the bowels of this bloody machine im using a mates computer at the moment So basically I don't have a clue in hell what to do next If any of you have encountered similar problems or can suggest a solution thanks in advance and A SINCERE THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS THROUGH Needless to say if I do manage to get my data back -- ill sure as hell be making backups of everything

A:Black Screen,Copy of Windows not genuine + Temp acount after partition

Do you have another Administrator account ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301166-black-screen-copy-windows-not-genuine-temp-acount-after-partition.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I'm running Windows XP SP with all updates current The computer itself I built myself about years ago The hard drive After goes [SOLVED] black. screen loading screen, with XP on it is less than years old Whatever else you need to know about it please ask and I'll tell you When I try [SOLVED] After loading screen, screen goes black. to start my computer everything looks and sounds normal until the XP loading screen is done Where I should be seeing my log in screen instead I see a black screen No flashing cursor or anything But the problem started a little before this About four hours ago I put my computer on standby I normally do this when I expect to return shortly and haven't had any problems before I have it set up so that I can press any key and the computer wakes up Well when I came back my computer fans were running the screen was black and the light on my monitor was amber instead of blue One of my cats was sitting in my computer chair so I thought she had walked across the keyboard I hit the 'space' key expecting to wake the monitor up but it didn't I pressed a few more keys moved the mouse pressed more keys and still no response Pressing the reset button was my next move My computer fans went silent which hasn't been what occurred in the past when I pressed reset then they came back on After about five seconds everything shut off again for about two seconds then on for five seconds and it continued this off and on cycle I pressed and held the power button which normally forces the computer to shut down It did not On one of it's powered off cycles I turned the switch on the power supply off About two minutes later I turned the power supply on I waited a moment to see if it continued it's power cycling It didn't so I turned it on as usual I booted it into safe mode opened MSCONFIG selected 'diagnostic start-up' and restarted It booted normally through the loading screen then black screen again I went back to safe mode reset everything to normal restarted and got the same results I disconnected that computer set it aside and connected my spare PC The only other information I can think of is that the mouse keyboard monitor and UPS are all working fine because I'm using them right now You guys have been awesome in the past and always helped me find a solution So I thought I'd start by asking for some input rather than try a bunch of things first and possibly make things worse Also I hope you're all having a Merry Christmas Happy Hanukkah and or enjoyable winter holiday of your choosing

A:[SOLVED] After loading screen, screen goes black.

Greetings roger97338 Merry Christmas,

Have you tried booting into the 'Safe Mode' screen and selecting Last known Good Configuration?

Try this and post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-after-loading-screen-screen-goes-black-680913.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I m having probs with my Laptop I was listening to music then a blue screen popped up saying your computer needs to restart to protect files After restarting it went to another blue screen XP Screen Black Options Not Loading past Advanced Windows and a message said Windows Check disc needs to Windows XP Not Loading past Advanced Options Black Screen check your computer and files It went through different process and at the rd part of the Checkdisk it said it was deleting various files folders but it froze for over an hour so I just restarted the laptop Upon restarting it went to the black screen which says Safe Mode Safe Mode with Command Prompt etc I pressed Last Known Good Configuration it went to restart but said Unable to Boot Internal HDD error and then went back to the F Options screen I then try every option but upon getting to the Windows XP sign when loading it just restarts and goes back to the F Options screen When it s loading up I tried F Options also but nothing works Once it did say something about the Bootable source and the options were Internal HDD Floppy DVD DVDR etc but I have no idea what has happened I m a student and broke otherwise I would take it to a computer repair shop Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-not-loading-past-advanced-options-black-screen.938226/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello all- I will be the first to admit that I am in no way tech savvy so I hope you can understand my issue the way that I am attempting to explain it Last night the battery of my laptop an HP Pavillion died while Windows was starting up I didn't think anything of it so I plugged in my charger and turned the laptop back on Much to my dismay it prompted me to perform quot Startup Repair quot After doing so I was prompted to restart the computer for the repairs to take effect I did so Now when I turn the laptop on it goes from the HP Pavillion loading screen directly to a black screen that looks like this- Windows Error Recovery Battery While Death? Loading of Windows... Died Screen Black Windows did not shut down successfully etc Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Start Windows Normally No matter which option I select I am taken to a Battery Died While Loading Windows... Black Screen of Death? black screen with nothing but my cursor on it I can move the cursor and it sounds like the computer is trying to load Windows but it never progresses past that point I have let the thing sit for over an hour but to no avail Please help P S I Battery Died While Loading Windows... Black Screen of Death? do not have the startup disks for the laptop They are in the possession of my -ex who I was with for three years There Battery Died While Loading Windows... Black Screen of Death? is no way that I can obtain them

A:Battery Died While Loading Windows... Black Screen of Death?

See if you can boot into the recovery partition itself. Most systems = press F10 during boot-up.

You can order a replacement set of HP recovery DVDs. I did so in 2008 - cost was under $30, including S&H.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00810334

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/battery-died-while-loading-windows-black-screen-of-death-463555.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey folks, I booted up my computer this morning and it wasn't looking so hot. Bios prompts appear, and goes into the typical Windows XP loading screen. Once it appears it's done loading, next should be the password login screen, but the monitor just sits blank. I'm almost positive that it's malware or a virus as I've seen something similar before.

I've attached a hijackthis log for your reference. I TRULY do appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks again, -Jeff

A:After loading windows xp logo, screen goes black... hijack included.

So I have a small update.

I logged into safe mode to try and do a system recovery from a few days ago and see if that works. It does it thing, but it doens't appear to work. On my next boot up, instead of loading windows, I get

"Windows could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"

So, it suggests that I try and repair using a copy of Windowx XP cd-rom. I boot that up, and sometimes it won't load saying there is an error, but every now and then it will get to the menu. I select repair, and it immediately states that I don't have any hard drives. I am using RAID, so I'm thinking that's the issue.

I remember that it asks if I have any third party drivers, and I do have some disks for the RAID drivers, however, my floppy is unplugged because when I left it in, it would just hang when I tried doing the repair setup. Unplugged that, and it loaded the repair menu. But now I can't install the raid drivers. Not sure if that would work anyway. Thoughts? Thanks again folks, I am seriously stuck here.

PS to mods, feel free to move my post if think you ness as it seems to be a slightly different issue then malware now. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-loading-windows-xp-logo-screen-goes-black-hijack-included.927260/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi there I have just started having this problem Everything was running fine previously I hadn't changed anything except for a couple of recommended settings given by system mechanic which I've had on my system for a couple of years now When I boot up the computer directly after the Microsoft logo and green progress bar it hangs for up to mins on a black screen The mouse arrow is the only thing visible The HD activity light is off black before startup screen hangs loading windows at Slow After that windows loads The computer behaves as normal after that I reinstalled windows and all other software which seemed to sort Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows the issue until I installed sp which has now brought me back to square Computer is running xp pro media centre with sp I am using Avast free Anti-virus Comodo Dragon Firewall and Malwarebytes Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows pro which I've been using for more than years I also have ccleaner and spywareblaster again for more than years Any help would be much appreciated Ali

A:Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows

Please download MiniToolBox --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Check all of the boxes and then click on Go. When you get the report, please attach it here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492138/slow-startup-hangs-at-black-screen-before-loading-windows/
Relevancy 82.99%

I cant get Windows to load.. when I try safe mode it goes through a list of files then hangs on...

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys

I have tried to do a repair install following instructions from Microsoft but when I press 'R' on the page that lists the partitions, nothing happens. It doesn't give the option to press R either.

Please help

A:Problems loading Windows XP... black screen... hangs on agp440.sys

see if this helps
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324764

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-loading-windows-xp-black-screen-hangs-on-agp440-sys-184636.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys i've got a problem thats driving me mad i got my new system in the mail and was stoked to be playing new games on maximum settings untill 64bit loading screen black 7 mode in windows at normal i got a blank screen while loading windows on the rd day of owning black screen at loading windows 7 64bit in normal mode it Sometimes the screen will even turn off after i've entered my password and pressed enter or even go a blueish black screen at loading windows 7 64bit in normal mode green colour with no text or mouse cursor i did a little trouble shooting and think i've narrowed it down to the graphics card which is a xfx radeon hd xxx edition which was abit of a shock because it's only been used for about days it will display fine on safe mode i can load all safe modes with no problems then i disable the video device and can log into windows normal mode i've got the latest driviers installed and tried unistalling them and installing the ones that came with the card to no avail i tried the windows repair but i think all it did was a system restore which didnt fix anything either any ideas on how i can pin point the problem so that i've got my homework done for when i talk to the manufacturer

A:black screen at loading windows 7 64bit in normal mode

Quote: Originally Posted by Bigdannoz

Hi guys,
i've got a problem thats driving me mad. i got my new system in the mail and was stoked to be playing new games on maximum settings untill i got a blank screen while loading windows on the 3rd day of owning it. Sometimes the screen will even turn off after i've entered my password and pressed enter. or even go a blueish green colour with no text or mouse cursor.

i did a little trouble shooting and think i've narrowed it down to the graphics card which is a xfx radeon hd 5850 xxx edition. which was abit of a shock because it's only been used for about 3 days... it will display fine on safe mode.

i can load all safe modes with no problems, then i disable the video device and can log into windows normal mode, i've got the latest driviers installed and tried unistalling them and installing the ones that came with the card to no avail..

i tried the windows repair but i think all it did was a system restore which didnt fix anything either..

any ideas on how i can pin point the problem so that i've got my homework done for when i talk to the manufacturer?

Probably the video driver. Have you gone to the mfr site for the newest video driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/79121-black-screen-loading-windows-7-64bit-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hi im a new member and ive had a really bad computer problem this year When i open restarting Computer the loading Windows black boot keeps screen ---> cant at my computer it loads normally up until the black windows loading screen pops up It stays on it for ages and doesn t load after about - minutes it automatically restarts and the problem starts all over again I ve tried all the booting options e g safe mode and i have also formatted my Computer cant boot ---> keeps restarting at the black Windows loading screen computer times in months As you can probably work out it Computer cant boot ---> keeps restarting at the black Windows loading screen has happened this year on about once every months this year I ve had this problem Computer cant boot ---> keeps restarting at the black Windows loading screen once before but it has never repeated since now I have also tried system restore but it does not seem to work I have also checked if my computer is overheating and it doesn t seem to be the case as there is no dust in my fans or anywhere else inside the computer Can anyone offer me some help please Thank you very much nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-cant-boot-keeps-restarting-at-the-black-windows-loading-screen.151391/
Relevancy 82.56%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

Whenever i start my pc, after the window loading screen, my monitor will go into standby black screen mode although my cpu is still running. So i push the reset button and sometimes it will show disk boot failure and thus i push reset again. This time i succesfully load into the windows blue screen but it seemed to become extremely laggy which even the windows loading music sounds distorted. I reset for the 4th time and finally go into normal loading to windows.

I had to go thru all these steps recently and i not sure if the cause of the problem is due to my power supply unit, hard disk, RAM or mother board. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Specs: P4 2.4 GHz, Win XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-disk-boot-failure-laggy-loading-to-windows.580504/
Relevancy 82.13%

This is ridiculous After over a week and thinking I had all my problems solved in my other thread driver verifier iomanager violation BSOD loop on starup it's even worse now This time my BSOD came from having chrome open while rendering in Premiere It would do this every time so I turned off chrome while rendering and I wouldn't get any I never had any problems with games I did notice Chrome would stutter with Facebook open but nothing else would cause issues The last render windows System Screen BSOD loading and Black Service Exception while I did rendered out I then opened chrome and my computer froze I System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows tried to boot in and it froze after I loaded in to the desktop I then set the BIOS to default settings and turned off AMD cool and quiet and AMD turbo Now after the ASUS System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows splash loading screen pops up it goes to a black screen Rebooting a million times and trying to repair did not work The other monitor doesn't even get a signal Leaving the computer off with no power for awhile did not work either which always fixed it before checking the disks everything seemed fine Safe mode blue screens everytime too within a minute if it even boots up to begin with I really have no idea what is going on

A:System Service Exception BSOD and Black Screen while loading windows

From the title of the previous thread it appears that you have enabled driver verifier there. Is it still enabled? Make it sure that it is not.

Originally Posted by Arc

Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV. [/warn]

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.
Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

Driver verifier can cause this situation by its own virtue.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41522-system-service-exception-bsod-black-screen-while-loading-windows.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm new here.I couldnt find any solution for my problem anywhere and i thought i can find it here.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and im trying to install it for about 6 months.

I installed it once but after one week,os is gone and stuck at classpnp.sys

Here are the steps i followed when trying to install;

Selected Boot Menu > CD/DVD

Seen windows is loading files.

Seen Starting windows but its gone before the 4 colored windows logo comes.

And endless black screen.

I also tried to boot from dvd in safe mode.It hangs at disk.sys

I checked rams.

I have 1 gb x 2 rams.There is blue and brown sockets for rams on my motherboard.

Both of rams connected to blue ones.When i disconnect one of them pc opens but same issue.

When i disconnect one of them and connect it to brown socket pc didnt opened.

Please help.

A:Windows 7-Setup hangs after windows is loading files with black screen

Quote: Originally Posted by Vyron Vass

I'm new here.I couldnt find any solution for my problem anywhere and i thought i can find it here.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit and im trying to install it for about 6 months.

I installed it once but after one week,os is gone and stuck at classpnp.sys

Here are the steps i followed when trying to install;

Selected Boot Menu > CD/DVD

Seen windows is loading files.

Seen Starting windows but its gone before the 4 colored windows logo comes.

And endless black screen.

I also tried to boot from dvd in safe mode.It hangs at disk.sys

I checked rams.

I have 1 gb x 2 rams.There is blue and brown sockets for rams on my motherboard.

Both of rams connected to blue ones.When i disconnect one of them pc opens but same issue.

When i disconnect one of them and connect it to brown socket pc didnt opened.

Please help.

Hi and welcome

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7&#63;

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/184532-windows-7-setup-hangs-after-windows-loading-files-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I try to reset my laptop to factory it said it was able to reset, ok, but it wouldn't go to the home screen it would load the hp logo than into a black screen I waited 1 hour it was still the same I try resetting it again but the same thing happen than I try the safe mode still a black screen I also try the troubleshooting nothing work can someone help me please. (Pavilion 15)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Loading-Screen-and-Black-Screen/td-p/5766556
Relevancy 79.98%

hi! today my pc gives me a problem when e try to turn on , before the loading screen my pc screen goes black and stays black and if i push just one time the shutdown button it shutdowns imediatly.
pls help what to do

A:screen goes black before the xp loading screen

Does it get to the Windows Splash Screen?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357460/screen-goes-black-before-the-xp-loading-screen/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello Hope someone here can help me out A few months ago I got a new motherboard installed because my old one fried itself and the pc was reformatted and windows was reinstalled Since then it was working fine The start-up time had also lowered considerably and it was working perfectly for once This problem started a couple of days ago One thing that s been happening for a while my computer started taking not extremely Hard-drives slow. PC loading. not Windows loading HELP! properly. longer to start-up I figured it was just all the programs etc I have installed Then I have this one external drive that I got connected internally There were times where it wouldn t recognize this drive it wouldn t show up on My Computer Otherwise it was perfectly fine Now two days ago this started happening If I Hard-drives not loading. PC extremely slow. Windows not loading properly. HELP! didn t skip the disk checking blue screen it would start checking a disk and get stuck there Secondly the screen where it says windows is starting up it started taking really long for the profiles to show Then once I would log in it would take extremely long for windows to completely load There d be a weird blue long where my quicklaunch bar is and no programs would open unless opened directly through ctlr alt dlt-- Hard-drives not loading. PC extremely slow. Windows not loading properly. HELP! gt file -- gt new task that s how i m accessing firefox right now When i double click on my computer none of the drives show up it takes really long for them to and the kicker one of my most important drives E has been missing for the last days it hasn t shown up even once and i m really worried i ve lost data and need to recover it asap please advise me regarding what the problem is and what needs to be done thanks alot looking forward to a quick response cheers nbsp

A:Hard-drives not loading. PC extremely slow. Windows not loading properly. HELP!

Hello,

Sounds like a bad hard disk, remove the second disk you installed, and try it out. Does it behave better?

If so, you should reinstall the drive and either:

1. Boot and run 'chkdsk' on the drive. Open a command prompt and type 'chkdsk E:\ /r', assuming the second drive mounts as "E:\", verify this before you run this command, and change as appropriate. Keep in mind that on a particularily large and errored disk this can take hours or,

2. Run the diagnostics that the manufacturer offers on it's web site and test the drive (do a long verify test...not a short one). Fix any errors you encounter. It's best if you get a bootable floppy (or like) version rather than a tool that you install in your windows.

(also a very long test, 500GB SATA2 Seagate's with the 'Seatools for DOS' for example take nearly 4 hours!)

Using chkdsk is very good at keeping your data intact, using Seatools is not, and could corrupt filesystem data (FAT, NTFS, etc.) when you affect a repair, however it is important to fix any errors you encounter to ensure good performance and life of the drive.

If the drive won't repair or BSOD's (crashes) during these operations I would try to backup any data from this drive in your normal setup and then get rid of the drive.

Post back any results from the steps you followed.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drives-not-loading-pc-extremely-slow-windows-not-loading-properly-help.731134/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello everyone First of all I will divide my statement by sections so it would be easier to read Section The problem - description of it Section How I manage the problem "loading cursor" Black no on screen and screen with login Boot. Section Things and methods that I have tried - all unsuccessfully Section My own findings to help with further analysis So here we go Section Whenever I start windows it will boot normally up Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot. until Windows logo screen where balls meet to form windows logo at this logo screen I can already notice slow pace as it stays in it for a good minute Afterwards it will be just black screen for a minute Then mouse cursor will appear with faster sensitivity than my usual and it will transform into a loading wheel cursor after another minute And now it reached state in which it can stay for hours Only black screen and loading mouse wheel note that it is always spinning and I can always move it it is not frozen Section So the only way for me to login is to leave it be for at least about hours and it will start itself Usually I do this overnight and in the morning it is already at the desktop and works like nothing ever happened I can do whatever then everything will work perfectly fine Crysys works fine YouTube works fine - no trace of any problem So while I can always just Hibernate and sleep my PC I need to restart it sometimes EDIT Now after those hours or more it will simply display ordinary mouse pointer on a black screen and act as if I am in login screen For example it will sleep after mins of no movement and instantly wake up on activity Section So far I have tried those methods Clean boot All of F advanced boot options Only safe mode and repair windows work sfc scannow in Safe Mode Uninstalling video card driver and reinstalling with the latest compatible CCleaner while in normal mode Other anti virus and malware softwares Windows restore no back up point Deleting network drivers Reinstalling them Disabling all network related devices in the Device Manager Section While Fail Safe mode works neatly Fail safe mode with networking support loads but freezes after about seconds And won't unfreeze only mouse will be movable but everything will be irresponsive and will give me errors like shown on the post here below in the replies It appears to be happened after I downloaded windows update for Virtual machine support During the update I went away from my laptop when I left it was restarting itself to apply updates and when I came back hour later I found my laptop on the same black screen with loading mouse cursor I waited minutes more and forcefully restarted it And it was black screen again Since then I have uninstalled everything regarding that update and virtual machine through programs and features in the windows updates tab There were few times when I saw a BSOD after black screen stood for about hours But was unable to read them fast enough Sometimes the laptop monitor will change its brightness during black screen The laptop will restart itself after about hour of black screen and go into it again --- EDITs Sorry for the edits guys I am using Android to write this and I want my post to look both informative and easy to read --- I usually solve problems like this myself through hardcore researching and analysis but I fail on this one Thank you everyone who will try to help and suggest anything Thank you for your time ExacT

A:Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot.

It sounds like something is trying to load and run in the background.
Download DDS from one of these links:
DDS.com
DDS.pifDisable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. You can post both logs as attachments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344159-black-screen-loading-cursor-no-login-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I upgraded my laptop hard drive to randomly hangs hard windows screen 7 drive, on loading Upgraded start a hitachi Upgraded hard drive, windows 7 hangs randomly on start loading screen gst travelstar tb rpm on - - This morning - - laptop started hanging on the windows loading screen with hard drive activity from a cold boot It's done this total of times it's random most of the time it boots up fine After min of waiting I hold the power button down to turn it off that's the only time the health drops Currently my laptop is running great no problems at all Looking at hd sentinel it shows hard drive health at and it says 'the drive tried to examine and reallocate data sector s times The examined data area is perfect At this point warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible only if the health drops further ' Surface disk check from HD tune and easeUS partition master reported zero bad sectors all green Raw read error rate is at the time is started It's been at so far I've created a full image with macrium reflect on an external hd and I downloaded WD data life guard and will perform a disk check with that later in the next couple days While upgrading I lost one of the screws that holds it into the enclosure I'm really worried this never happened before

A:Upgraded hard drive, windows 7 hangs randomly on start loading screen

It is possible that without the screw the hard drive is not making good contact with it's interface and that could cause these kinds of intermittent problems. So your first task is to replace that screw.

If that produces no joy then you might try running chkdsk on the drive. Be sure to have backup of your personal files before running any hard drive diagnostic.
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291475-upgraded-hard-drive-windows-7-hangs-randomly-start-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi!

Ive had this problem since yesterday and it's driving me mad!

After the loading bar (before the usual vista logo is supposed to show) my screen stays black. I've also tried to boot up in safe mode, but then it hangs on "Loading Windows Files". I've tried to boot up the Vistax64 recovery disk, but it wont show me more than the mouse and the vista background. It doesn't give me any options to actually do anything.

Please help :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-loading-bar-453330.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

I was hoping that some of you guys could help me with a problem. As the title says, my screen goes completely black after the loading screen with the green loading bar, but before the usual windows vista circle is supposed to appear.

I have also tried to use a vista x64 recovery disk. Here I only get the blue background a mouse I can move around on the screen, meaning I have no options to choose from.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? And if so, how to possibly fix it?

---
Zwkc

A:Black screen after loading bar

It might be the BSOD. Follow these instructions to post a dump file. Then we can go from there.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266851-black-screen-after-loading-bar.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I ve got a laptop and Windows XP and twice now within the not XP screen! loading, black last week when I try to turn it on it loads a little Centrino picture think it s Centrino then when it should display the loading information the white text stuff before going into the Windows loading screen it simply doesn t load it All I get is a black screen with a little horizontal flashing white line Like it s waiting for an instruction Both times I ve put the XP CD in and pressed Repair then when it tells me to pick an installation of Windows I pick it It s my D drive then it comes up with D WINDOWS After that I ve typed help to get the list of commands and then found the one I needed both times can t remember which one it was off the top of my head but it was something about getting the computer to load that installation of Windows then I type exit take the CD out and turn it off then on again and it loads Windows Why is this problem happening though I ve never had it before and it s happened twice not sure if it s a coincidence but both times it s happened after connecting to the internet which also says something about an invalid security certificate Can anyone help or at least tell XP not loading, black screen! me what s likely to be wrong and whether a new computer seems like it might be necessary

A:XP not loading, black screen!

Next time, try booting the computer from the CD. select "R" instead of "enter" when "Setup" starts. Load the Recovery Console and when in the command prompt type in chkdsk /r. Let this run and it will fix any errors on the hard drive which is what I think is happening here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24807/xp-not-loading-black-screen/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I restored my windows on my laptop a few weeks ago an last night the laptop just loads to black screen so I switch it off then back on again and it sakes me to do a start up repair this happens all the time and I get up today and it's still doing it any ideas what it could be and how to fix it thanks
Root cause found

Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem

Session details
System disk = \device\hardisk0
Windows directory = D:\windows
Autochk run = 0
Number of root causes = 1

A:Loading to black screen

I saw this when it said it was posted "2 seconds ago", but I didn't know what to tell you, so I decided to wait and see what someone else says. Now it says "2 hours ago" and nobody has responded yet, so I'll jump in.

When you say that "you restored your windows on your laptop", I'm wondering what method you used. Did you buy a Windows CD and do a "clean install"? If so, I disagree with that method. Why do it that way when you have a hidden partition on your laptop that can restore your laptop to it's "out-of-the-box" condition and have everything working as it should? That's what I think you should do. After all, when you buy a laptop, the manufacturer has everything finely tuned so that it doesn't crash on you. It's what you do with it after you buy it that makes it crash.

How do you start your factory settings recovery process? That's a good question, because it varies with each manufacturer, so since you didn't say what make and model your laptop is, I can't tell you. On my son's ASUS, he has to press the hotkey, <F9> at startup, on my Acer Aspire 5739G, the hot keys are <Alt> + <F10>, and on the Toshiba Satellite that I just helped someone with, it's <F12> at startup and then he had to look for the option called, HDD Recovery. If you have any other brand, then you need to go to thier website, click on "Support" then go to "Downloads" but instead of looking to download drivers, you're going to download a manual--the full manual, not just the Quick Start. Then look for how to do the factory settings recovery at startup.

You are supposed to have made a set of recovery DVDs when you bought the laptop, so ir you have done so, then great! Use those instead. That is your best option. For example, on my computer, if I use the hot key method, I have to do some things that I don't like doing, like typing in the serial number for Windows and going through the activation process. When I use my recovery DVDs, everything is already done.

So try that and let me know what happens.

Don't forget to backup all your data first!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218103-loading-black-screen.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello all I just bought a new video card Diamond Radeon HD XT PCIE MB GDDR I physically replaced my old card and loading, XP not Screen Black then put in this one All goes well and then I turn on the power and nothing loads Immediately after I turn on the power the three lights flash quickly on my keyboard once and then nothing happens My monitor doesn t receive a signal and nothing happens I XP not loading, Black Screen see the lights on the actual PC lighting up and it seems to be loading but it just stays on the blank black screen Since then I figured that perhaps I need to update the drivers on my motherboard since it is a DX card and it must be failing to recognize it all So I commence to reinstalling my old video card thinking things will load as normal and I could get started with my updates How wrong I was install of the old card went fine turned PC back on and nothing I get the same thing Just the black screen keyboard lights up instantly and fades but it just sits there I left the backing off of the PC to check the fans since a friend told me that my motherboard may have crashed and I would know if I heard beeping or if my fans weren t working all fans were working the power supply one the one attached to the mobo and the one on the video card I can t enter BIOS honestly wouldn t know what to do if I could and I can t get it to work at all period I ve tried to check everything I know how to do but still getting nothing My only thing now is i ve left it off for over an hour going to turn it on now to see what happens same thing nothing at all I ve also moved the monitor over to the slot on my motherboard and the one on my video card nothing from either of those I can hear the PC on but other than the fans blowing it does nothing Is my PC shot or is there a way for me to fix this Any help would be appreciated so close to retiring this machine I m a gamer and this is killing me Should I just get a new PC Going to keep it on overnight and hope in the morning all is well Windows XP Home Edition Compaq Presario SR NX AMD Sempron nbsp

A:XP not loading, Black Screen

I've fixed this by going to the HP site. All I did was reset the power, by holding down the power key for 5 secs. Come to find out power was not being distributed correctly throughout the PC, so a quick reset helped out. The new video card is in place and now i'm installing the software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-not-loading-black-screen.111077/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys, I've recently got attacked by some sort of virus malware and my AVG instantly asked me to reboot. After I rebooted and loaded the green loading bar, my entire screen turned black without the windows badge.When I clicked on the restart button, I'm able to get inside safe mode, network and command prompt but not start windows normally.. I've also tried chkdsk command but it showed 0 bad file.

I'm still working on vista sp1 32bit

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance and pardon me for my bad english.

-r4zE

A:Black Screen after loading.

Hello r4zE,
Boot in to safe mode and run the file checker.
Follow this tutorial.
It could be that whatever caused the problem messed up your video driver so you may have to re-install that too.

System Files - SFC Command

If you have the Vista disk try this too.

Repair Install For Vista

Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261690-black-screen-after-loading.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, I need help
The problem is every time i reboot my pc, i get a plain black screen for 10 minutes and then window xp loading sign comes up..
what is the problem.. i even tried to reformat my computer.. it keeps doing it.. i need help T.T

A:Black Screen before XP Loading

Sounds like a hardware problem download DFT from the link below and burn the

image onto a cd then boot off of the cd run a full system test. Also download

memtest from the link below and burn the image onto a cd and then boot oof of it

let it run for at least 7 passes. Post back results

Drive Fitness Test

memtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-before-xp-loading.108285/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a desktop running vista basic. When I boot up everything goes alright til the welcome screen comes up, then the screen goes black and the only thing I see is the pointer which I can move around with the mouse. After 4 or 5 min the desktop starts to load then everything is back to normal.This makes such a long load time. Any answers?

A:Black screen on loading.

In Vista when it is finally loaded.

Go to "Start" type in CMD located CMD.exe right click on CMD.exe then select "Run As Administrator" at the command prompt type in then hit enter...

CHKDSK /R
type in Y for yes then manually reboot.

Also go here PC Running Slow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-on-loading-639834.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

I have to Vista laptops I'm trying to fix but am a bit stuck. The problem is no matter how I load them (safe mode, normal etc) I get the windows loading bar, or save mode loads the drivers but then it just sits there with a block screen! The mouse courser is shown and can be moved.

They have no disks for these either and no recovery partitions. The first one I am looking at is an Asus AW-785 /AR5B95

Anyone have any helpful advice on this please?

Relevancy 76.54%

My receptionist's PC stopped working this morning after a standard Monday morning reboot and I found that the hard drive wasn't being recognized The hard drive was making some interesting noises so I figured it was bricked Some background Six months ago the hard drive that came with this computer started having errors so I backed it up and created a restore point and installed a new hard drive which I restored to Everything has been fine since that I got a drive failure, restore screen Windows boot. after black hard 7 after new hard drive today and installed it I booted to a windows rescue boot CD and was able to restore to last Friday's restore point without any errors Once the Windows restore finished and rebooted it began printing to a dot matrix printer we use for invoices I paused the printer and went to look at the PC to find a black screen It appears to be running evidenced by the printing from whatever was left in the printer spool but I was Windows 7 restore after hard drive failure, black screen after boot. getting nothing on the screen I rebooted and the CMOS comes up and outputs to the screen but once it goes to boot into windows it blacks out again after the Starting Windows animation I rebooted to the rescue CD and that boots fine outputs to the screen without a problem I understand that all of this points to a graphics issue on-board graphics card which has not changed since purchasing the PC I've tried every variation of booting to safe mode and booting normally I'm now running the restore again took two hours last time Just looking for some pointers on what I might be doing wrong This computer has all of my company's Quickbooks data on it along with a lot of other important company information Any idea how to fix this Thank you

A:Windows 7 restore after hard drive failure, black screen after boot.

FWIW:  Actually, I think QB stores all customer data online from what I've seen...the customers seem to only have the program and some shell files but I believe the actual data is at the QB site.  See Online Backups .

As to your video issues...I would do the normal test of first replacing current monitor with a different one.  If that one reflects nothing visual, then you know that the problem is the system, not the monitor.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539544/windows-7-restore-after-hard-drive-failure-black-screen-after-boot/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I have an XP OEM with latest updates including SP plus tons of software installed on an old computer I'd like to copy this install to my laptop but PC result to black another copy death screen Trying is of the to XP and activate it with another license key Trying to copy XP to another PC but the result is black screen of death I have wasted lots of hours trying Trying to copy XP to another PC but the result is black screen of death to make this to work but the result is ALWAYS the same a black screen with a blinking cursor or just a black screen Safe mode and command prompt does not work either the result is always a black screen after I chose those options The install is pretty much clean I've made only this registry hack HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM WPA PosReady Installed dword This allowed me to download latest updates I have tried so far - sysprep - fixmbr fixboot - FIX hdc from UBCD Win - checked boot ini - resetted IDE drivers from the old computer before making a disk image - deleted HKEY CURRENT CONFIG gt SYSTEM gt CURRENTCONTROLSET gt ENUM - tried to test the image also in Virtualbox didn't work My hdd image software is DriveImage XML The image seems to work only in the old computer When I choose safe mode i can see some drivers being loaded on bottom of the screen After seeing text gagp kx sys the screen turns into completely black with a blinking cursor Any ideas what to do next

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622066/trying-to-copy-xp-to-another-pc-but-the-result-is-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all,
My computer is freaking out and i cant figure out why. I try to start it normally and it posts and I see the green loading bar for windows at the bottom of the screen and then the screen goes black. I can load into safemode but that is all. I can not restore sucessfully. Any ideas as to cause and repair of this problem. Any idea are welcome. thanks

A:black screen while loading into window?

What happened prior to this ? ?
Any new software/hardware installed ? ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277043-black-screen-while-loading-into-window.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I need help

I was working on Ms office word and suddenly pc crashed and didnt respond at all even ctrl alt del
I finally did a hard restart and since that it is not loading at all
I have windows 7 pro on desktop core2duo 8gb rams
When I turn it on now it gives me normal F2 or f10 page, then it moves to loading page but suddenly it fades away giving black screen
Some times it takes me to the loading page and the loading bar keeps working forever
I tried these:
Unplugging everything
Mouse and keyboard
Reseating cables inside and reattaching them
Resetting Bios to default

Nothing worked plz help

A:Win7 not loading with black screen

Hi,
You might try this to recover your personal files,
Emergency Kit - save your files from a dead OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/374740-win7-not-loading-black-screen.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there, i have got a dell 630m laptop but when i switch it on, it shows the windows vista green bars moving then it changes to a black screen. After that i can't do nothing, waiting 1 hour but still stays on black screen. Also i think my hard drive is gone so i wont be able to reinstall or install a new operating system. Please correct me if im wrong. Please help. Thanks

A:Black Screen After Loading Bars

rooney222

Hi,

Not sure if it is applicable in your case but I had the exact same problem last week on a Dell XPS Lappy.

Vista loading progress bar ... then nothing.

I was able to start in safe mode with networking, and surf - but never got the desktop to boot in normal mode.

If you wish then check back through all my posts by clicking this link, to take you to the thread I started on 20 Oct.

http://forums.techguy.org/search.php?do=finduser&u=41448

I thought it was a hardware fault, I was given guidance on things to try - but the only thing that got me up and running was a factory restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-loading-bars.872480/
Relevancy 76.11%

A few days ago my display settings would not save and each time I restarted my computer they were different. I thought it would not get any worse however now when i start my computer the screen goes black just after the green loading bar. The computer is still on because it makes hard drive noises and my quickplay buttons are blue but the computer does not respond. It starts in safemode but it won't start normally. I have Vista Home Premium 32 Bit with Service Pack 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get rid of this black screen. Thanks in advance.

A:Black Screen After Green Loading Bar

Originally Posted by baghb14

A few days ago my display settings would not save and each time I restarted my computer they were different. I thought it would not get any worse however now when i start my computer the screen goes black just after the green loading bar. The computer is still on because it makes hard drive noises and my quickplay buttons are blue but the computer does not respond. It starts in safemode but it won't start normally. I have Vista Home Premium 32 Bit with Service Pack 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get rid of this black screen. Thanks in advance.

Check your windows error logs. Also check your device manager for problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255039-black-screen-after-green-loading-bar.html
Relevancy 76.11%

First time post here at TSF glad to be here and I hope I can find some support for my problem with my computer Okay let me tell you the whole story I woke up one morning as usual had my coffee had my shower and etc and went to my Screen Problem; (But Black XP Loading) computer Turned it on and everything seemed fine but it restarted by itself It kept doing this over and over again and it would never get to the Windows XP Home Edition loading XP Problem; Black Screen (But Loading) part XP Problem; Black Screen (But Loading) When this was happening my router modem had an orange light which is where my Internet connection port from the router modem is connected to the computer which means it wasn't working for it to be working it usually is green I thought this was strange I did research on my laptop as I have wireless Internet My best options were to save my hard drive information to a backup disk and reformat my computer or do a Windows XP repair I decided to go with the repair I did the repair about an hour ago seemed to go fine all was well and it was finished Turned off my computer took my Windows XP disk out of the computer and put it back in its case and turned the computer on This time when I turn my computer on everything loads fine the Windows XP Home Edition loading screen pops up and it seems to work perfectly Now when it finished that it goes to a lighter black shaded screen loading the login welcome screen but it just fades slowly to black I move my mouse and the mouse comes up and the screen goes to a lighter shade of black as if it is loading the login welcome screen but it isn't If I move my mouse off to the side it goes to a pitch black screen Every time I move it back on-screen it goes to the light shade of black and every time I click the computer makes a beep noise Very odd can you give me some suggestions or support Every reply is much appreciated thank you

A:XP Problem; Black Screen (But Loading)

see if you can boot into safe mode maybe you have a display driver issue....post back with results if you can get into safe mode with a safe mode desktop then maybe you can manually correct the display driver by downloading the proper one on another pc and saving it to a thumb drive then transfer to the problem laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-problem-black-screen-but-loading-461097.html
Relevancy 76.11%

A few days ago I was using my computer perfectly normally when I started up a game If it matters the game that I was playing was after nothing !HELP! !HELP! screen Black works. Win. 8.1, loading Rust I have a decent computer with a Radeon graphics card and can run pretty much every game fine on high settings All of a sudden the game got extremely laggy and random chunk of green purple red and more started flashing around the screen It was completely random and I can't think of any specific action that may have triggered it Navigating my way through the fog of the randomly colored pixels I ALT !HELP! Black screen after loading Win. 8.1, nothing works. !HELP! TABBED and restarted my computer I turned it back on Windows is loading and right when it's supposed to hit the login screen nothing happens It goes black Nothing works Important information - I don't have a disc - Windows - I overclocked my graphics card Radeon a week or two before this happened I'm wondering if this caused all this - I can't revert back to a previous state in the advanced options area when the computer starts up because it gives me an error and says !HELP! Black screen after loading Win. 8.1, nothing works. !HELP! there was a problem - Nothing happens on the black screen It's completely unresponsive CTRL ALT DELETE doesn't do anything PLEASE HELP I've looked far and wide all over the internet and I just can't find anything that helps I've also been trying to figure out a way to un-overclock my graphics card and set it back to default settings but that seems impossible as well Any information that you can provide would help me greatly and I thank you in advance

A:!HELP! Black screen after loading Win. 8.1, nothing works. !HELP!

From your description of the your problem and the timeline, it may be that you have 'cooked' your graphics card.

The simplest way to test this is to try your computer without the video card - using the on-board video if your computer has this is simplest -  or by substituting another known good card for the Radeon that is in your computer at the moment. Since you are only interested in a substitution test, almost any video card will do. If you don't have one you may be able to borrow one off a friend.

If your computer starts working with a different video source then you can be fairly sure your Radeon is a late Radeon. If of course you still have no video when you try this post back and include details such as make and model on your computer.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563354/help-black-screen-after-loading-win-81-nothing-works-help/
Relevancy 76.11%

Please help I have an HP A N desktop puter and as soon as I try to start it I get a black screen with error loading OS and that is all I have tried starting using F F amp F but OS) (error Black Screen loading cannot get it to do anything Originally it had Win XP as the OS had to Black Screen (error loading OS) instal Win XP Pro aprox - years ago from a friend It worked fine till aprox a month ago and all of a sudden it came up with the black screen Is there anything available from somewhere other than HP as they claim it isn't avail thru them I cannot afford to buy a new OS or new tower so if I can't find something i'm without a system For now I am borrowing a laptop from my daughter but it is only temporarily Thanks in advance for any and all help Harry PS if of any use please contact me via e-mail or post a reply here

A:Black Screen (error loading OS)

I removed your personal Email address to avoid you getting spam. People can Personal Message you here anonymously.
Boot off of the XP CD or restore disc and get to the Recovery Console here type chkdsk /R and press enter. the Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-error-loading-os-563085.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys I got a problem with my PC windows vista -bits I was playing a game and suddenly my PC froze I pushed the reset button but after the windows loading screen I got a black screen and was not able to enter Vista However I am able to enter vista in safe after screen loading starting, PC black not mode which i am doing right now On a normal boot-up I am getting a black screen as soon as the loading screen is gone and my computer is making a lot of noise the noise PC not starting, black screen after loading of a fan that is rotating very fast I opened my PC to make sure that all cables were plugged in firmly and I noticed another odd thing as soon as I put my power cable in my pc the fan of my power supply starts to blow while the pc is still turned off and after - seconds it stops again As soon as I start the pc the fan starts to blow again like it should Any ideas what can be the problem Kind regards Tilkas

A:PC not starting, black screen after loading

still did not manage to find the cause, any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-not-starting-black-screen-after-loading-399386.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I can t get onto my computer at home It loads up shows the HP screen then shows that windows didn t restart properly No matter what I click on including last good configuration it goes to a black screen Originally it went to a chkdsk screen and checked for errors but once it completed and said it found errors I ve gotten the black screen ever since and can t get anywhere near the desktop Just the windows xp loading screen then nothing but a black screen Oh and on after window xp. screen Black loading safe mode won t work either If I click safe mode a page full of white script comes up and won t go any further Now I do have the option Black screen after loading window on xp. of doing a HP system recovery either that or destructive recovery from the blue screen that shows up first but I m really concerned about losing everything It s not backed up and even though it says during it s default recovery I won t lose data files I m still nervous about proceeding So any ideas on what I can do I m at a loss and right now I m not even home I m on a computer up at my campus So if there s a large gap in reply it s because I had to leave Urgent help needed Thank you nbsp

A:Black screen after loading window on xp.

It's not backed up, and even though it says during it's default recovery I won't lose data files, I'm still nervous about proceeding.Click to expand...

One option is to use a Linux Live CD as a rescue disk to copy your data to CD, USB flash drive, external drive, etc., before the "Recovery." My suggestion is Puppy Linux. It's about a 100 MB download, and will run completely in RAM, allowing you to use the CD drive to copy data to if desired.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-loading-window-on-xp.848904/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, yesterday I have installed a game called "Apache air assault", evrething was ok, then I have tried to play and the computer get stack. Then I rebooted the computer And it shows "Windows 98 loading", but when it finished loading the screen gets full black, I canīt see the desktop. But it seems that system was loaded, i can move the mouse a click it and I hear that itīs working ok, but I cant see anithing.
Then I reboot meny times but its always the same, so I reboot the computer in safe modee and then I could see the dektop, so I unistalled the game, and reboot again, but the problem is still there, I caīn not see anithing, the screen gets full black when the system finished loading th win 98.
My pc is an IBM Thinkpad a21m;PIII 800Mhz;64MB ram

please help me, thanks!!!!!!

A:Black screen when win 98 finish loading

Did you set your resolution too high after trying to play the game? It's possible that the refresh rate or the resolution you have selected is too high for your monitor to handle.

Try booting in safe mode by holding the CTRL key before Windows 98 loads. See if your screen will come back after that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-win-98-finish-loading.9930/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a no-activation volume license version of XP Pro My friend used this exact "Loading Hang... screen black at Boot XP" XP Windows CD burned from an ISO to upgrade one of his computers from winME to XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" XP I have gone through hell with it Long story short the installation goes fine and when its all done on the first boot I see the black quot Loading Windows XP quot screen that usually appears for a very short time The XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" progress bar moves about halfway across actually not a bar its just blue blobs but it works the same way the lights on my keyboard numlock capslock scrollock flash and it hangs I can then turn numlock on and off but not capslock or scrollock Ctrl-alt-delete doesn t work I can boot into safe mode I have tried reinstalling it even gone to the point of reformatting my drive Still no go I KNOW that XP will work on this machine as I ran a beta of it hitch-free for days until I had to activate My machine is more than powerful enough Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello Sevenforums Notebook HP ProBook s OS Windows x bit Did not buy from hp bought from a guy at loading Stuck "Windows files" black screen is after Yesterday my explorer Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button i turned it on and then Startup repair appeared i left it to complete and then i went to sleep The next day i woke up i opened my laptop and then quot Windows is loading files quot appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work Such as -Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for seconds -Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery I cannot access safe mode using F I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff If anyone can help i would be grateful because ill probably pay and up Im extremely sure that this problem happened because of AVG free antivirus that i installed i installed the antivirus about week ago and i never restarted the pc until then only putting it into sleep mode But this time it got restarted with some strange things happening when it was restarting and it mentioned some of the AVG files deleting stuff I dont know im really in need of help

A:Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397527-stuck-black-screen-after-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys, i use a sony vaio laptop, model VGN-NR11S/S, with windows vista home premium installed. I noticed that when booting with a CD in it, it stops at the loading bar screen (black screen) and does not continue booting except i remove the CD.

The problem now is that it does not boot beyond the loading bar screen anymore with or without a CD in the system. I cant use the system again, i need suggestions to get the system functioning. Thanks.

A:windows vista not booting to logon screen, stops at loading bar screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-booting-to-logon-screen-stops-at-loading-bar-screen.868579/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys I just fixed a CRAZY virus I think its a virus I had that changed my userinit exe files and I fixed it by replacing these files using my friends userinit exe files Now I m getting a blue screen with an error that reads STOP x E x xF xF windows its loading after but screen Virus partially screen left damage...,Blue fixed A c xF A Also it says something about BIOS to either upgrade it or disable conflicting components About the quot Virus Trojan or something quot Just so you know I downloaded this file lt http isohunt com torrent details ip tab summary gt if anyone is brave enough to download it and see if their antivirus detects it because I don t have an antivirus so I still don t know the name for this I guess its a virus or trojan when I double clicked the file quot iphider se exe MB quot it automatically installed a quot Windowspcdefender quot and started scanning It looked like a really fake virus scanner so when I click X to close it Virus partially fixed but left its damage...,Blue screen after windows loading screen I got a blue screen and was forced to restart my pc Then the problem was that windows would load to the Welcome screen and I clicked on my user account to log in no password required Then my desktop would appear AS IF it was ready to Virus partially fixed but left its damage...,Blue screen after windows loading screen load up but then it would automatically go back to the Welcome screen This happened Virus partially fixed but left its damage...,Blue screen after windows loading screen even in Safe Mode so I had to put my drive as a slave drive on ANOTHER PC It took me HOURS to somehow figure out the userinit exe files may have gotten corrupt or rewritten by this virus So since my drive was a slave I just copied the userinit exe files from the MASTER drive which was running the PC I then put my drive in MY FRIENDS PC alone of course now its the master drive and it worked perfectly The problem is now for some reason it doesn t work on MY PC and its only on my PC I get this error message Blue Screen but works in safe mode I was thinking maybe it messed up my BIOS or motherboard or something because its only on my PC that the problem lies now not the hard drive If you need to know the exact message from the blue screen please let me know The only way I m using the PC is by using safe mode with networking I was noticing this in my hijack log O - Winlogon Notify iifdarqh - iifdArQH dll file missing Maybe the problem Here is my Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride plimus com www plimus com regnow com www regnow com O - BHO IEocx Class - ec - - a-a -c bc - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Fil... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-partially-fixed-but-left-its-damage-blue-screen-after-windows-loading-screen.814662/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I tried reading the forums but I didn't quite get information on the exact problem I have When I boot I use Windows Home Premium bits I initially got an error message that said I needed the NET Framework version or above in order to use a program called Soluto I click accept and the computer takes me to the user logon screen After start up, at screen Black can't drives access I enter my password I get a black screen so I started troubleshooting I first tried running on safe mode and I got the black screen again so I tried ctrl-alt-del to see if I could open the task manager I was successful From there I managed to run explorer exe as a new task At this point I can see all my files using Black screen at start up, can't access drives the search bar on the start menu by writing their addresses as in d randomfolder example jpg but I can't open them by clicking on them nor can I run any application that is pinned to the task bar by clicking on them because I get different errors such as visual c runtime error r and a comment saying something along the lines of quot incompatible shell quot and I get mixed Black screen at start up, can't access drives results from the task manager However I can open regedit exe from the task manager although I did not use it at all All of this happens even after I tried a clean boot I know the hard drive works because I dual boot Ubuntu on this machine and I can open the files on my C drive from there So I just decided to copy every file in the drive and try other options My fist choice was to go to a restore point using the tools in my laptop but my computer couldn't find any I then tried to use my backup partition to wipe the C drive and reinstall windows with factory settings and the computer couldn't find the drive I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be exactly and I'm not knowledgeable enough to try to solve the problem via the task manager registry editor I would appreciate any help that would lead to having windows running as intended Right now my best guess would be to back up every partition in my hard drive then wipe everything out and start from scratch but there must be a better way Any thoughts Thanks in advance Update I managed to open firefox through the task manager and I can browse the web with it but when I try to download anything it gets cancelled I tried downloding the executable on the BSOD thread but I don't even have the option to run it

A:Black screen at start up, can't access drives

Quote: Originally Posted by pantabulosin

Hi. I tried reading the forums, but I didn't quite get information on the exact problem I have. When I boot (I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits) I initially got an error message that said I needed the .NET Framework version 2.05 or above in order to use a program called Soluto, I click accept and the computer takes me to the user logon screen. After I enter my password I get a black screen, so I started troubleshooting.

I first tried running on safe mode, and I got the black screen again, so I tried ctrl-alt-del to see if I could open the task manager. I was successful. From there I managed to run explorer.exe as a new task.

At this point I can see all my files using the search bar on the start menu by writing their addresses (as in d:/randomfolder/example.jpg) but I can't open them by clicking on them, nor can I run any application that is pinned to the task bar by clicking on them because I get different errors (such as visual c++ runtime error r6034 and a comment saying something along the lines of "incompatible shell") and I get mixed results from the task manager. However, I can open regedit.exe from the task manager, although I did not use it at all. All of this happens even after I tried a clean boot

I know the hard drive works because I dual boot Ubuntu 10.04 on this machine and I can open the files on my C: drive from there. So I just decided to copy every file in the drive and try other options.

My fist choice was to go to a restore point using the tools in my laptop, but my computer couldn't find any, I then tried to use my backup partition to wipe the C: drive and reinstall windows 7 with factory settings, and the computer couldn't find the drive.

I'm at a loss as to what the problem could be exactly, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to try to solve the problem via the task manager/registry editor. I would appreciate any help that would lead to having windows 7 running as intended. Right now my best guess would be to back up every partition in my hard drive, then wipe everything out and start from scratch, but there must be a better way. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

From task manager try running control.exe and using that to create a new user account. Use task manager to log out and then login as the new user.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152962-black-screen-start-up-cant-access-drives.html
Relevancy 75.25%

So I'm basically computer illiterate and I'm not sure where exactly this should go because it might not be a Vista issue but (lots of rambling short) I could use some help.

My eight year old laptop is still running Vista, and recently started having this issue. After going through all the normal boot up screens and sequences, but after the login screen it opens on a black screen, but my cursor is still active. There's nothing to click on, but ctrl alt del works, and when I start the task manager it works, but shows nothing is on. However, when I boot up in safe mode everything is there. All my icons and background and stuff.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, even if it's just telling me where this should actually go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/loading-to-a-black-screen-but-not-in-safe-mode.1169517/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,

I got a problem. I have to load the safe mode for installing Steam after a crash. So I entered the advanced boot menu and chose Safe Mode with Networking. It started loading some .sys files. After a lot (I think it was loaded correctly) of .sys files my screen froze and after 3 seconds some weird blue dots appeared and (Left upper corner. Every dot was like 10x30 pixels) after some more seconds my screen turned black. No cursor, no login screen. How can I log in to the safe mode?!

~ Netra