Windows Support Forum

random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors

Q: random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors

windows xp pro bit- refurbished gb hard disk gb ram avg antivirus ad-aware malwarebytes system mechanic noscript wot failed screens(no ups, black freeze displayed), errors pointer delayed random write better privacy until about three weeks ago everything was fine was looking at firefox add-ons and the screen went totally black since then random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors i moved to a different part of town and had the internet service transferred the room that my computer is in has no cable hook up so the service men ran random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors a foot coax to my room i used a splitter from there to my computer and tv since then i have been getting random black screens and freeze ups blue screens and delayed write failed errors on freeze ups and black screens i have to use the power button to turn the computer off and then reboot i have since disabled write caching on the disk and have gotten the delayed write failed error only once since then when trying to repair disk errors with system mechanic but i still get freeze ups and black screens randomly i have been to other forums and ran combofix once the helper said he saw no malware or viruses so i thought it was fixed i read that a microsoft update was causing some problems in xp and vista causing black screens is this a possible cause also could the cable hook up be causing some of this i have only managed to copy one of the blue screen errors kernel stack inpage error x f x x A A x A A CC x C C A beginning dump of physical memory there are several different delayed write failed errors that i have copied do you need these i appreciate any help i can get thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors

From http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm:0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATIONOne of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.My guess (nothing but) would be that your hard drive is failing, but put no reliance on that.Since it seems that your system still boots...I suggest booting into XP and taking a look at two things: a. Do a search for any .dmp files which were generated. These usually reflect the detail of various BSODs/STOP errors.Start/Search...type *.dmp as the search name...you want to search all files, including system/hidden files. b. Do a review of Event Viewer, looking only for errors. If you see any errors indicating a problem with a drive or disk, post the content in your next post.How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295384/random-freeze-ups-black-screensno-pointer-displayed-delayed-write-failed-errors/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
This is my first login and first topic , I see on this category thousands of topic at this time , my problem is error message "The disk is write protected" , I am wondering what is this mean and how to solve this error?
Sincerely Yours,
Have a wonderful day

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/write-protected-drive.217334/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am seeking help either immediate help or as soon as someone gets a chance... please.

I bought a usb flash drive (my laptop recognizes it as a generic usb mass storage device) from the library... cheap I know... anyways I was using it prepairing to restore my pc... I removed it without clicking on the safely remove button and now it says cant remove files because its write protected... and it wasnt before... did I mess it up if not then how do I remove a write protection if I have no lock/unlock switch deal? I scaned it for viruses/malware etc... I can view all the files but cant delete them and I wanted to clear them off so I can use it for another purpose... can anyone help please...

A:How to remove write protection of USB mass storage with no visible lock/unlock

insert the USB device, then

control panel->Admin Tools->Disk Management

Your boot drive will show as C:\ and under
Layout will be Partition
File System will show NTFS

How does your USB show up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-remove-write-protection-of-usb-mass-storage-with-no-visible-lock-unlock.177267/
Relevancy 33.54%

Intel has led the desktop processor market for the last decade, dominating in price and performance nearly without challenge since the introduction of the Core 2 chips in 2006. However, as of late the challenges of improving silicon chips has...

Read more

A:Intel's 10nm 'Cannonlake' delayed, replaced by 14nm 'Kaby Lake'

"Devil's canyon" take two

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intels-10nm-cannonlake-delayed-replaced-by-14nm-kaby-lake.215777/
Relevancy 29.67%

Not too much info on the card, as it isn't mine. But it is a 16 gig Samsung Class 2 MicroSDHC card. Previously used in an AT&T Samsung Android phone (has big touch screen... don't know model).

Anyway, card has somehow become write protected. Obviously, since it is a MicroSD, there is no lock switch. Data can be read from the card, but nothing can be written to it nor can it be formatted, either from Windows, the Panasonic SD Formatter, or my other Samsung phone (Samsung Reality). How on Earth does this happen??? Can anyone give insight on how to fix it?

A:MicroSD is write protected

I have no idea how this has happened but, reading through a few other forum threads it seems the trick is to cover the slot on the side of the card so when it goes into the adapter the tab in the adapter cannot drop into the slot.

Another suggestion I saw was to put the card in a digital camera and use that to format the card.

I did get this information from other peoples suggestions so sorry if it does not apply to your reader or card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsd-is-write-protected.164198/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 23.22%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660 with a blank screen. The laptop starts up and goes through its boot cycle fine, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

I've read through tons of forums, but nothing seems to work.

I did the whole removal of battery, power supply and holding the power button for 60 secs... still blank...

When plugging in an external monitor it works perfectly fine, so this eliminates any issues with the CPU / GPU / RAM / HDD, etc.

I re-installed windows 7, which would hopefully eliminate any software issues.

Next logical step was to check the LCD backlight, inverter and ribbon cable... So I replaced the screen, but still blank screen. Just as a side note, the backlight lights up with both old and new display, but no picture.

This leaves me to think that it might be something in the BIOS?

Any suggestions / ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-black-screen-problem.208461/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Packard Bell Easynote TE69KB laptop and the screen is either black or very dark, sometimes at the right angle you can just see the graphics, This started after the 18mth old son hit the top of the screen yesterday. I have tried adjusting brightness without change, with an external monitor plugged in it works fine, which is OK if I'm working at home but no good when I'm out. I am thinking I'm going to have to change he screen or can you make any other suggestions?

A:Very dark or black laptop screen

Your son has probably damaged or loosened the screen inverter. That is what lights up the screen and is a separate part. It can be found under the screen bezel. I don't think that this will cost much to fix. If you DIY read up about the job first because removing the bezel (frame) needs to be done carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-dark-or-black-laptop-screen.208064/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone I m having a problem that I cannot understand at all with my old Acer AL W monitor As I turn on the screen it shows whatever it is recieving for about one second then goes black but still getting the goes black Monitor signal The only thing that makes it show anything again is to turn it of then on again and the same thing happens It shows what it s recieving for a second and goes back to Monitor goes black black It has not shown any messages of not recieving a signal but the screen stays black I can t even use the monitors own menu since that is blacked out too I don t wan t to replace it Monitor goes black though that s what I think must be done in the end so I had to post it here for all of you who know much more than I do Here s what I ve tried so far with no luck the same problem in every scenario changed port on GFX Changed cable Tried connecting it to another GFX the onboard port and another PC Tried disconnecting power to monitor and holding the power button before retry Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Monitor goes black

Looks like u need a new monitor, I say it is worn out. do not get me wrong some can last for 10 to 20 years and others will fail in a year.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.208011/
Relevancy 21.07%

Now I got a new problem on my dell Latitude E6410, I install windows 7 ultimate 64bit, and instal all upadates, its works fine, but when I plug in or plug out charger pin there is appear total black screen for a moment, I tried power settings and so many things about graphics but fail, if anyone have a solution then tell me, I'll be glad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6410-black-secreen-on-charging.207887/
Relevancy 21.5%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 24.51%

Please somebody help me asap I tried to change the public Dns to google's one but failed to do so now I cant reverse it I clicked auto obtain IP and Dns but still cant connect to my router, I beg you somebody help me.

A:DNS change failed

I'm far from an expert on anything internet, but I had a similar experience when Verizon changed servers on me, and my router failed to track it.

I called Verizon tech support and they reconfigured the router for me while I was on the phone.

You can also try opening a command box and type, "ipconfig/release", wait a few moments and type, "ipconfig/renew" (obviously without the quotes). That will only work if the issue is with the computer, but not the router.

Don't despair though. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about could be along any minute...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-change-failed.207375/
Relevancy 21.93%

I run two displays. When I got up this morning, one of them is on but black. When trying to adjust my display settings, it comes on briefly (maybe 3 seconds) and goes right back off again.

System specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 255 45 C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
eMachines EL1352 (CPU 1) 49 C
Graphics
VE205 ([email protected])
VE205 ([email protected])
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-22V1A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 48 C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

Using Sabrent USB-DH88 USB Display Adapter also

I have checked all drivers and windows shows they are up to date. Both displays were fine as of about 1 AM this morning, and to my knowledge no updates or downloads were done during this time.

Any help would be appreciated; I work from home and having dual monitors is almost critical.

A:2nd display black screen

Try changing cables first, by some chance the cable has gone bad.

Sounds like it could be a lighting issue within the monitor. If it is a backlight issue, the monitor will still be displaying an image. You will not be able to see the image without some kind of lighting. If you can use a flashlight to expose the image, you would at least know it is a backlighting issue. I've been able to use this technique on phones as well as monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-display-black-screen.207214/
Relevancy 21.07%

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.

A:Titan black or GTX 780 + Quadro K4000 for 3d modeling/gaming

boagz said:

So I recently purchased a gtx 780 SC with the intention of gaming and doing 3d modeling work and game development with maya/blender/unreal engine 4. Originally, I was thinking of starting with the 780 and maybe a little later get the mid range quadro k4000 to use specifically for the 3d modeling work. I was wondering if just purchasing a GTX titan black with its double precision floating point performance would be a better option? Doing this would be around 100-150 cheaper and I would be able to game and do 3d modeling work with one card. I guess my main question is does the titan black compare with the quadro card mentioned above in terms of 3d modeling? I know the K4000 is a mid-ranged card so I wasn't sure if the titan maybe would do even a little better than the k4000? Any help appreciated.Click to expand...

As far as 3D modeling goes, the biggest thing you will need is ram on the card for the blender and 3D modeling aspect. Some programs are specifically limited to the Quaddro series of cards which means you will have to check if the programs you use will work with any GPU.

Basically, I would say either just get a 780ti 6gb edition (Being released this month I believe) if your programs will all work fine on the GTX series of cards. Or if that won't work, you should be fine with the 780 and grabbing a Quaddro series card to go with it. I would say only get Titan black if you really need the extra compute performance it brings because otherwise its expensive and still would end up being better in my book just getting an K4000 with your 780 since you already own the 780.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/titan-black-or-gtx-780-quadro-k4000-for-3d-modeling-gaming.201518/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello all,
Most of memories, RAM, ROM, HDD, DVD-RAM and others are
random access. What are some non random access memories please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/non-random-access-memory.206101/
Relevancy 21.5%

Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use.
Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 25 C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0) 30 C
Graphics
L204WT ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD) 28 C
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SSD) 28 C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 30 C
Optical Drives
CZYJMF MJW5MF4 SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-221L
Audio
Sound Blaster Z

I had an EVGA 780TI working great. My 980 arrived so I swapped. All I got was a black screen. After taking the card out and putting it back in a few times nothing changed. Giving up I put my 780ti back in and now that just gives me a black screen too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: My mobo gives the code A0 which is normal so I don't think it detected anything was wrong.

A:Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use

If your not getting an error code its probably booting up normally. It maybe defaulting to the integrated card for some reason so I would try plugging onto the on board video when booting to see what happens.

If that is the case you will just have to go into the bios and change your default video card to the PCIE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-980-now-all-i-get-is-a-black-screen-no-matter-what-gpu-i-use.205925/
Relevancy 21.5%

This build will be for my 77 year old mother who lives in another state and I am trying to build this as stable and problem free preventative mode as best as I can with the understanding that any hardware can fail at any time.

Anyway, NewEgg is having both their Blue and Black WD 1TB hard drives on sale that goes off of sale after tomorrow. I know Black is often the choice due to build quality and 5 year warranty. However, the Blue would really help budget wise because every dollar counts and it sees many people have had good success with the Blue.

She does MS Office, email, surfing plus she has an online business that keeps her very busy along with uploading a lot of photos.

Thanks.

A:New Build: Western Digital Blue or Black?

Blue. Because of her work tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-western-digital-blue-or-black.204928/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so I got this computer it works great! until I try to game the only game that works is Fable TLC (it works for all games) all other games the monitor goes black for a few seconds so I cant play any games really. how do I fix this without spends tons of money on parts? everything works fine even others have no problem see things thru remote access im the only one that's having the issues. brand new tower and monitor.

A:Monitor goes black for a few seconds

Can you give us your hardware components such as the make and model of your power supply and the watts, amount of RAM, your cpu, and video card? Is this a new system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds.204797/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey,

I don't know what read means. I transferred some file to and from a USB 3 thumb drive. Files transferred much faster from the thumb drive to a hard disk. Looking at the image it seems that read means transfer to the hard drive but that doesn't make sense to me because in my thought process the thumb drive isn't reading it's writing to hard drive. Could someone explain to me what I am failing to understand? Thanks

A:Diskmark read/write

The data (on the thumb drive) has to be read by the OS. The OS is writing what it read from the thumb drive to the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diskmark-read-write.205029/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Dell Latitude E6400. When I'm not using it for a while the screen goes black (like into a sleeping mode) like all computers and laptops do. But if it stays black for a little while, and when I go to get back on it and move the mouse around or press the keys the screen won't turn back on but the computer is running because the light on the keyboard are lit up and I can hear the fan running. The only way I can get the screen back on is if I shut it down by pressing the power button on my keyboard and turning it back on.

Can anyone please tell me what to do or what is wrong with it. That would be much appreciated. Thank you

Being thirteen doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latitude-e6400-screen-goes-black-after-not-using-and-wont-turn-back-on.204671/
Relevancy 50.74%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 19.78%

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

A:Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 22.79%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 22.79%

Good day chaps, yesterday night I was casually playing a game (Aion > mmorpg) and I decided to put some music on(it was on browser, YouTube), when I pressed alt+tab to change it it started flashing telling me the exact issue : AMD DRIVER CRASHED AND FAILED TO RECOVER.

I got a bit scared when it gave me a blue screen, so I thought of asking for any tips or clues why it does that~

For unkown reasons, I can't upload the .dmp file saying either its empty, or The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Hope you can help me and thanks a buck!~

A:Dell Inspiron 3512 AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M crashed and failed to recover

Upgrade the driver and see if this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3512-amd-radeon-hd-8500-8700m-crashed-and-failed-to-recover.203323/
Relevancy 21.93%

Earlier I was surfing when the monitor went black & the laptop shut down. Simple as that/ I booted it up & no problems till a few minutes ago it happened again. Both times I had two tabs open. I'm going to save what needed in case I do a factory restore.` Vista Home Premium

A:Black screen twice on my Vista

Overheating..? Download Speedfan and tell us temps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-twice-on-my-vista.202144/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I just finished a new build and am having a strange issue with my monitor and am at a loss The monitor will randomly just go black power stays on pc is still running fine its done it mid game as well as just sitting idle I have disabled sleep modes The new build is a a k and a asus a x - plus mobo radeon r gamer series ram MHz WD black gig hd raidmax watt PSU Now if I hook monitor up to my old video card radeon hd I have no out goes Monitor black of ideas issues but when I plug it into the motherboards VGA I have problems Now here is whats giving me problems I have hooked my wifes monitor into my new computer her monitor works fine with the onboard vga and my monitor works fine on her pc Also if I plug my tv into onboard hdmi I have no issues I would test dvi but I don t have a converter I do have updated bios and drivers and am running windows Things I have tried so far reinstalled windows and all drivers swapped monitors tried separate gpu adjusted refresh rate tried hdmi my tv instead of monitor instead of vga so far the only issue I can come up with Monitor goes black out of ideas is maybe my monitor is just not compatible for some reason Monitor and a AOC swl btw which from what ive managed to find about it there shouldn Monitor goes black out of ideas t be any compatability issues nbsp

A:Monitor goes black out of ideas

Did you ever figure this issue out? I'm having the exact same symptoms with my beautiful Dell 27" LED screen, but unfortunately, I'm starting to believe it's the monitor, which is just over the one year warranty. The sad part is, I was having this problem for over six months now, and had switched to the VGA cable to avoid the issue when it first started happening, but finally tried to troubleshoot it now, and I'm discovering that it may be a hardware issue and if I would have done something when it started, it was still under warranty.

Anyway, the only thing I haven't ruled out yet is the DVI cable, as that is still a possibility, however it seems unlikely that a DVI cable would go bad by itself after a few months of use. And looking at the cable, I see no signs of damage or broken/bent pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black-out-of-ideas.202016/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all

I recently upgraded the CPU in my laptop (the specifics aren't important). It runs better than it ever has before! Well, at least it does for around 30 minutes. It's developed a lovely habit of randomly and unexpectedly shutting off.

Now, I know that the CPU is compatible with the motherboard; the fact that my laptop actually runs proves this.

I'm wondering what the issue could be?

My main suspicion is heat. The laptop is running at about 50-55 degrees on average; is this normal? I've cleaned out all of the airways and the fan; it's all running normally and the fan varies in speed depending on workload and temperature. This leads me to believe that the problem might lie somewhere else.

I've searched nearly every forum going but everyone just yells about overheating. Could someone please advise me to any theories they may have and help me fix the problem

A:Random Shut offs

Sounds pretty much as heat issues to me. I have also once upgraded a laptop cpu and even tho the clock speed increased by only 300MHz it got heat issues. I had to have a separate notebook cooler for that to run.
Anyways, the specs would help us to find what sort of temps your comp. should run on...and does it just randomly die when you idle or does it die after you have been using it for a while?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-offs.201598/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a friend with a compaq presario 6350us and it will not burn a cd. I' ve switched the cd with a known good one from another computer. It gives an error message that says that no cd is inserted and to inserted a writeable cd but I've tried a couple of them. The os is wxp.

A:Cd won't write

Sounds as though the cd/dvd rom is on its way out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-wont-write.201472/
Relevancy 21.5%

Guys plz help me..ma dad wont let me game..so I cnt upgrade ma pc..I myself cn afford a pci vga..cn it run latest games?

A:Can I play Black Ops 2 on a PCI card like Nvidia 6200?

If that's your graphics card, then the rest of the system must be ancient. I'm gonna go with 'NO'.

To test: download Steam and Team Fortress 2. Turn resolution and all settings to minimum. Does the game run acceptably?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-play-black-ops-2-on-a-pci-card-like-nvidia-6200.201428/
Relevancy 23.22%

New laptop Whenever I try to map network a windows drive in my laptop to windows laptop I get the following error that the spelling may not be correct but this is not true Can t find quot computer c quot May be spelling I have checked Win 8.1 Win between and 7 Networking errors the spelling finding no problems and I have opened all Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 folders for sharing and security is set the same way reading and writing as Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 when I network windows drives to other windows drives I always use the correct password if requested I have no problem between win drives What am I missing I don t have the same problem going from to windows Under homegroup files seem to be recognized For many years including XP days Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7 I have been coping and transferring files and folders from one computer disk on computer X to another disk on a different computer called computer Y I could copy in both directions but I had to set up each drive separately I used map network drive icon Map as drive quot found when I opened Computer icon After setting in property the sharing and security settings a certain way I could copy back and forth Each computer was given a name such as C- C and Computer All I am saying is that in one direction of copying I can copy but in the other direction I get a possible spelling error Of course there is no spelling error I know that Windows is somewhat different from Windows Both use a name found under User folder and both use a password The computer name is most obvious and is different from the name found under User folder So what seems to be the problem Should be simple enough Jim nbsp

A:Networking errors between Win 8.1 and Win 7

You need ports 137-139 opened on both systems for names to resolve.

Get the IP address of both systems and then access using the IP of the target. If that works, it is a name resolution issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-errors-between-win-8-1-and-win-7.200820/
Relevancy 20.21%

Laptop Model Acer Aspire G Graphic Card Model ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB 512MB) screen 5470 with problem Black ATI (Acer Aspire Radeon 4745G HD Mobility OS Windows bits Problem Laptop starting to turn to blackscreen constantly since last week At the Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) beginning it still manage to back to normal after restart But then after few days it turn to black screen during every startup whenever it progress until window start-up animation I can even still hear the welcome sound although the screen is black I can still using the laptop through safe mode After that I google for some related solution and found that it s probably the graphic card display adapter problem So I disable the graphic card Radeon HD Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) option under display adapter and it goes Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB) perfectly well But when I enable the graphic card option under display adapter in normal mode my laptop screen will turns black again back to previous problem I tried to uninstall the graphic card under display adapter and reinstall the graphic card driver download from Acer Support but the problem still appears The graphic card driver after reinstall is appears to be ATI Mobility Radeon HD series instead of previously ATI Mobility Radeon HD Is it normal or I download the wrong driver although it s from Acer Support What should I do to solve this blackscreen problem nbsp

A:Black screen problem (Acer Aspire 4745G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB)

Try this:
1) Uninstall the all AMD software with this AMD Uninstall tool.
2) Restart your PC.
3) Download and install the latest stable driver (13.4) from here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-problem-acer-aspire-4745g-with-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470-512mb.193825/
Relevancy 23.65%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????

A:Xerox Phaser 3117 laser black and white printer problem

chathura said:

I have a Xerox Phaser 3117 Laser Black and White Printer. When print, half of the paper come out to the out-put tray. Other half still in the fuser unit. Stop printing and red light indicate. When I check the print out, all details have printed. But, first row of my details have moved very top of my A4 paper.( Whole document moved 2-3 inches above[to the top of the paper]. What is this and how to resolve this problems( Paper Jam and document move to top of the sheet)????Click to expand...

what can I do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xerox-phaser-3117-laser-black-and-white-printer-problem.196151/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a Sandisk 16GB flash drive that is write protected, cant find any solution!
After trying to format the drive I tried to remove the write protection with diskpart and now the drive wont appear in my computer but is still detected in disk management. Also it keeps coming up as local disk G for some reason.

All suggestions appreciated

A:USB drive Write protected

Is there a partition for it in Disk Management? You need at least 1 partition on the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-write-protected.200102/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a prob,whit a geforce 8800 gts 512mb.

I got it from a secondhand site and all was alright till I started to overclock

Nothing big,oc at 16% and the temp was 60*C wich aint so high.But when I started the pc next day,I got only black screen,no bios no safe mod no nothing.

I have a
pentium D 805 2.66
gigabyte ga-8i945pl-g as mobo
500 mb ram drr II/ 4 slotsX 500=2gb
acopia dual fan it-25f2 -psu

I know the mobo aint dead cuz I tested with my other gpu,and it worked
Did a bios reset-still black screen
changed the ram position
tried with other monitor
dvi-vga adapter works(I tested on the other gpu)
Nothing worked

I noticed that now when I start the pc,the gpu fan speed doesn't change I mean its at 100% but when I had a image on the screen at the start up,the fan speed was at 100% only for 3 sec,then it changed lets say at 50% after those 3 sec.

should I try the bake fix or its a certain dead card?

Sry for my spelling mistakes hope u can give me an answer cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-startup-8800-gts.199989/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello for some time now been a few months now didn t really notice it at first I ve been experiencing weird horizontal artifacts in video playback They are computer-based as I can show you by pasting a screenshot They move and jitter during playback I also notice these artifacts even as I type to you with and Video HD errors 6800 artifacts Radeon now whenever I type I see the artifacts blinking on and off and they might stay on off I tried updating all my codecs and my GFX driver but that caused more problems as now a game I tried to play Orcs must Die had a weird horizontal crossbar going up the menu screen and other such weird behaviour This was not present in my former drivers so now I m thinking of a rollback or alternative drivers Omega Might be something to do with my ancient overheated and now dusty with age CPU that s probably suffered from overclocking over the years E but it also might be my relatively old GPU However I didn t have these problems during the first half of last year that much I know I m running Win bit with gb of ram Any advice beyond finally going ahead and changing the MB CPU and VGA Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-artifacts-and-errors-with-radeon-hd-6800.199030/
Relevancy 35.69%

HI Everyone So for the past - months I ve been having a delay issue with my internet About months Internet Delayed ago I had perfect internet with almost issue Out of the blue something happened Delayed Internet in which my internet began to have a delay My first thought was maybe my internet plan was to slow I had down and up at the time so I upgraded to an down and up internet plan It had no effect at the delay Next I switched out both my old modem and my old router and got brand new ones This had no effect as well My next step was contacting my ISP Optimum Online I had them come to my house and replace all the lines that went from my house to the street pole on my street This also had no effect When I say delay I mean a delay across all devices connected to the internet The most noticeable cases of it are during both PC and Console gaming For example if im shooting at someone Delayed Internet in a game it wont even register what im doing until about - seconds after the fact I ve brought both my PC and my console to other internet connections and they work perfectly without problems I really am at a lose for what my next step would be Everytime I call my ISP and tell them about the problem they send a tech out and he is SURE that it is my modem and just replaces it HELP nbsp Delayed Internet

Relevancy 21.5%

I bought a Sapphire HD graphics card card screen Black new with (almost) graphics about months ago Everything worked fine until one day ago when I booted up my computer everything booted up Black screen with (almost) new graphics card Fans Lights amp No system beeping But I was only getting a black screen with occasional small white flashes I tried booting with multiple displays and multiple ports nothing worked I also tried changing my bios settings also with no luck the on-board graphics work fine when the graphics card is removed from the PC My power supply is a W which is more than enough Again Everything worked fine until that day I doubt anything is damaged I handle everything in my PC with extreme care And yes all of the AMD drivers are installed I will try to reply to any questions asap I m sorry if I don t reply quickly I have a very busy schedule Any help on this issue would be VERY much appreciated Some PC Specs listed Black screen with (almost) new graphics card below Lenovo idea centre K Watt new power supply Intel th Generation Core i gb system RAM Not shure about the motherboard type nbsp Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-almost-new-graphics-card.198269/
Relevancy 29.24%

Little while ago I brought Samsung USB 2.0 512MB OEM Pack. For few week I have copied data from one computer to another (with different operating system). Last time I used my Memory stick in XP...copy the stuff from memory stick to computer with 2000 and plug the memory stick into win 98... as it didn't have suitable USB driver it doesn't work. So I took out the memory stick from it. Next day when try to copy some stuff on it (Win Nt) system said it write protect, I need to remove write protection. I try to format it but same result . Now it has happen on every computer and every operating system. I can't see any physical switch...
Please help .... Operating System : Microsoft Windows 98,NT 4.0 and 2000
CPU/Processor : AMD

A:USB flash drive write protection

Are you absolutely sure there is no switch???

I have had a flash drive go bad on me and lock itself in read-only position. I even opened it up and shorted the locking leads on the chip but it would still refuse to be writable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-write-protection.18654/
Relevancy 24.08%

Networked for years in XP machines.

I read help files how to but, could not make it work.

My w8 win wxplorer list shows under Network the VISTA LAPTOP. When I click on it it asks for user name/password but, what name & password?.

I naver had any name/password for my networks.

Any body knows what does it refere to?

A:Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Hey nichos. Was a name and password used when this Win8 system was first set-up. When I first unpacked a WIN8 laptop, it threw me for a loop as it requires a username and password to unlock it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-network-w8-xp-vista.197366/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey, my name is Dazz. I am pretty new here and have just built a new PC, I have connected all the parts of the PC up correctly and seem to be having problems on startup. I hear the general kick into life startup but when I look at my monitor it is completely black, no startup screen. Doesnt even turn on, the light on the monitor is set to 'standby' straight away. I have no idea what the problem is at all.

Any ideas what it might be?

P.s.
I am using Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard, 750W ATX PSU, Corsair Dominator 4GB Phenom II x6, and a Prolite E2208HDS monitor

A:GeForce GTX 690 black screen issue

The real question I have is why you are pairing a GTX 690 with a Phenom X6 and 4GB of RAM!

Jokes aside, does the GPU fan spin when you startup the PC? Is it properly seated on the PCIe port? Is there a power connection to the GPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-690-black-screen-issue.196993/
Relevancy 19.35%

The only other symptom is a screwed up mouse cursor which sometimes has a rainbow hue and looks like a vertical line with two arrows pointing up and down on each end respectively I forget the name of later. after i.e lags days 2 restart intevals / computer or a semingly My random the cursor icon the same one to change the size of program windows My computer lags a semingly random intevals i.e after restart / or 2 days later. when you hover of the edge corner Games take forever to load but will run smoothly once they are opened Sometimes it happens minutes after a complete shutdown and restart sometimes it takes a few days to reappear and may go away without any intervention at all I ran memtest overnight because of the slow loading of games and I removed all my Nvidia drivers and ran DriverSweeper then reinstalled just the graphics driver reason being the only significant change I made to my PC that I am aware of was I installed quot The Ge-force experience quot program from the Nvidia website I have had problems with Maleware before which were solved and this new problem didn t appear until months after nbsp

A:My computer lags a semingly random intevals i.e after restart / or 2 days later.

System restore to before the problem occurred? Only solution I can think of.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-lags-a-semingly-random-intevals-i-e-after-restart-or-2-days-later.196010/
Relevancy 19.35%

I don t how can I describe this problem detailed enough But my acer aspire G has been turning off randomly this laptop has been with me for about years now and I suspect that because of the age problems will occur I still hope that you guys can help me repair this on my own Windows vista core duo gb RAM mb video Here are the problems mainly about shutting off randomly -I will be using my laptop for the whole night and while using with no heavy applications running it will just shut off -the processor fan is running I shared this info because I suspect that its due to overheating but will still shut off -I already dismantled my laptop just to clean the fan I removed the dirt trust me I really cleaned the fan on Shutdowns, Charging Not 4935G turned Aspire Random when Acer and where the air is coming out clean still shutting off randomly -I tried putting a desktop fan under the laptop not just a usb laptop cooler but really an electric fan to remove overheating But still shuts off -now here s the weird part I play NBA k which we know is a very heavy game in terms of processing and video and RAM etc If I play NBA k it doesnt shut off Ever but if I do an alt tab to go to my desktop after a few mins it will Acer Aspire 4935G Random Shutdowns, Not Charging when turned on shut off weird thinking that shutting off will mostly occur while playing games But no it doesnt shut off while playing NBA k this is the only PC game I play -if I go to ctrl panel gt power options gt quot Acer ePower Management quot and if I adjust my CPU Speed to quot High quot and quot Maximum quot laptop will shut off in few seconds So right now my laptop is always running in quot Low quot OTHER MAJOR PROBLEMS - for example ill be using my laptop for the whole night in the morning if I plug in the laptop its charging BUT if I pressed the ON Button the charging STOPS so imagine if I dont have a battery inserted in the laptop it WONT TURN ON because its not charging -now if I put the battery and I turn on the laptop it will continue to boot BUT for as many as tries or more it wont reach my desktop because the laptop keeps shutting off AND ITS STILL NOT CHARGING Hope you guys can imagine -now my battery is like dead it doesnt last for an hour I think this is a common problem for year old laptop batteries so imagine the problem if my laptop wont charge even with the battery connected I cant turn on my laptop I just wish that the battery could hold enough power to complete the boot to windows -charging of the laptop or electricity flow will resume in the laptop after a few mins only if I make it to windows I don t know what triggers the charging But my laptop will just Start charging RANDOMLY So this is like the best condition of my laptop WHEN ITS CHARGING and NO SHUTTING OFF Occurs -everything just starts randomly in my laptop SHUTDOWNS AND CHARGING and I cant really find what triggers the SHUTDOWNS and THE CHARGING -if I remove the charger laptop will turn off battery cant hold the power so those are the problems I rEALLY HOPE THAT SOMEONE READ this and Help me repair this on my own Im not afraid to dismantle my laptop what could be the problem is it the battery the fan the charger im planning to reformat my laptop factory defaults or setting install windows but will this help is this a software problem Please help I know this is still a good laptop P S While making this post my laptop shut down TWICE I have to save this to a word file Pls Help nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 4935G Random Shutdowns, Not Charging when turned on

Turn off laptop take your battery off then hold power buttin down for 20 seconds then plug in charger with battery still off then turn laptop on . what happens ? is laptop running fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-4935g-random-shutdowns-not-charging-when-turned-on.193389/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey all having some graphics card problems and would appreciate any help I built two identical computers for my parents from spare driver? graphics screen after installing Black parts and some new components just to give them something to use until they can buy something newer Both work fine with the onboard graphics but video Black screen after installing graphics driver? play back Black screen after installing graphics driver? performance is obviously low very choppy Trying to install an upgraded graphics card and does the same thing in both systems System specs Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP home SP GHz Pentium GB ram Onboard graphics is Black screen after installing graphics driver? Intel G Graphics card I m trying to install is a PNY VCG APG This is a Nvidia Geforce card ddr mb x AGP interface Should mention the card was new last winter and hasn t been installed in any other PC s When I install the card and boot up it shows the specs of the graphics card in the upper left corner Goes through the normal bios and windows boot screens Windows opens in a low res graphics mode says found new hardware etc etc loads nvidia driver from windows update and prompts a reboot After the reboot it goes through the load screens again and shows the windows boot screen with the progress bar for about seconds then just goes black Monitor says quot no signal quot and goes into stand by If I restart in safe mode I get a signal back and can open windows but in low res of course Tried updating driver with the newest one from nvidia s website and no go Does the same thing All other drivers on the system are up to date Tried going into the bios setup too integrated devices-- gt primary video controller gives option for quot auto quot or quot AGP quot when the card is plugged in With the card removed it gives quot auto quot or quot onboard quot options Tried setting it to AGP and still nothing Help nbsp

A:Black screen after installing graphics driver?

Did you get this fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-graphics-driver.194843/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys, I need some help, I wanna play LoL but I'm having a problem because the game freezes, the screen goes black and all I can hear is the sound of it.
I play on a pc with Windows Vista Business 32bit/ 2GB RAM/Intel Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.0GHZ/ NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400.
I can't seem to get the proper drivers though, because the nvidia website says there are none available for this graphic card.. Ideas anyone??

A:Game freezes, the screen goes black

I would either get a new graphics card or try lowering the settings as soon as you appears in a game. Change your resolution all the way down and make sure shadows and everything else is on low or very low and sound off if you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-the-screen-goes-black.190016/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

My computer randomly disconnects from the internet while gaming, youtubing or emailing etc. My computer is on wired internet and I've tried switching ports and switching cables. I've been searching the internet but I can't find any solution. Is there any way someone could help me?

Thank you very much,

Joey

A:Random 1 second disconnects

What were you doing prior to this started happening. You need to make sure you not infected by pest. First remove any Wired ethernet cord from the PC. Run a system virus check set to full scan. Let that run. If nothing turns up. Try setting your PC network adapter to static IP. This means you don't let the router setup the IP.

If that doesn't work then you have a bad network adapter. You could also try downloading newer drivers for your network adapter. Also any firmware updates for your router too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-1-second-disconnects.195335/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi all you black screen - playing sounds Notebook sys spotties out there can someone help me please my Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing sons notebook an HP G -b sg with core i amd mobility g running win ultimate has a heat-problem shutting down frequently when gaming I tried to clean it could not get to ventilator cause I can not disassemble dismantle the machine without destroying it thank you HP well long story short - I just cut away the plastic covering the vent cleaned it with vacuumcleaner so far so good I installed win on clean formatted hdd installed all Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing drivers needed started up the da thing but the screen stays black although the system-sounds are playing that little quot I finished starting bleep quot tried everything no way the display would light up installed os again on oncemore formatted hdd now it s telling me that it can not identify the grafics stops installing driver from HP homepage and any other driver Lan touchpad sound is in that notebooks quot mind quot already installed they are not it was all clean cause formatted if I just install win and nothing else everything is fine well it s not - because I can Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing not access internet and video playback stutters but the display lights up What am I doing wrong or is the thing just broken down due to heat warranty was void before I cut the vent as it is and a half years old any suggestions anyone hope you get what I am trying to say I m from germany and not a native speaker writer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 Ultimate or did you purchase the OS and thus installed it?
Best bet for you is to get the HP Recovery CD or DVD for your model it will have all the drivers needed for your model. Basically it will install the HP Factory Windows 7 along with everything that's suppose to go with it. This process takes a few hours to run.

So contact HP Tech support tell them you need the Recovery CD/DVD for Model HP laptop. There is a cost for this so be aware. Then you won't have these issues saying graphic driver stopped because you don't have the correct drivers etc. The HP recovery will have all those installed.

Also with every HP system you get recovery with it but it's on the HD in it's own partition so whatever got installed might have blown out that partition and now you have an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-screen-black-sys-sounds-playing.195083/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hiya,

I recently bought a WD Black 1TB, along with a SATA3 PCIe card. It worked fine for a few days, then suddenly Windows wouldn't boot - hung on 'loading'.

I yanked the new drive, Win loaded fine. I added it again (hot plug ability on SATA3 card), Device Manager immediately shows it. My Computer (explorer.exe) hangs, Disk Management doesn't even load. WD drive software also hangs with the drive plugged in. Sometimes, the drive appears in My Computer, however with no partition information (still hung).

Tried with/without the SATA card, tried using mobo slots, tried moving boot drive around. Seems like the new drive has lost the partition table, or something similar.

Any other ideas to try? Since I live in Australia (and a non-capital-city), my returns process is expensive.

A:Failing 1TB WD Black

I really wish I could help. But, it seems you've already tried what I'd recommend. I'm just going throw out some ideas.

Does the drive pop up in bios? If so, I'd run it through a diag program outside of windows to either try and repair or save the data.

Try formatting the drive and see if that makes a difference. I hope this isn't a trend with WD drives. As, I recently purchased a 1TB WD black myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failing-1tb-wd-black.194791/
Relevancy 20.21%

So, a few months ago I bought a Dell inspiron 5552 laptop and in the past month or two I have been dealing with problems which are becoming VERY frequent. At random times, especially when I'm gaming, my laptop switches off - even when my laptop is cool. I downloaded Piriform's Specci and here are the results I got for the following hardware (Celsius): CPU 51, Motherboard 52, Hard drive 38 - These are the results on balanced and Dell battery life extender enabled. I've seen videos of dusting a laptop's ventilation system however their temperatures didn't seem to make a significant difference so I didn't try it. Any ideas?

A:Random shut-downs

Most probable issue is still the cooling and secondly too much power drain via graphics adaptor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-downs.194835/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys I have seen a few post about stuff like this but they didn t have what I have going on So a few weeks ago I m playing World of Tanks and it was working fine for hours then I go to play Counter strike for a few hours nothing happen everything worked fine Well when I got around to Dragon age I always fun in windows mode I clicked the internet to look something up but then when I clicked back into Dragon age it gave me a black screen and a screen saver came up saying Not Opitimum Mode- Recommended Mode x Hz I never seen this ever So I took my friends monitor and hooked it up to mine and everything came up the game and all But when I hook mine back up it goes back to this screen People told me it s my video card but how could it be that if switching screens worked Now I didn t use the screen long just a few minutes but I m going crazy with playing when screen game. a Black out my GAMES nbsp

A:Black screen when playing a game.

What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-playing-a-game.192890/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey multiple Black screen with video playback guys I have been trying to figure out this problem but with no avail so any advice is greaty appreciated Basically the problem occurs when running any type of Black screen with multiple video playback game wow and ffxi to name a few but occurs with everyone and then tab out to wither youtube fraps and the like the screen goes totally black and I must restart the computer Ive wiped the HD several times and have redone even to the most basic setup and it still occurs Specs are as follows Motherboard Asus maximus v extreme Intel i k gb Corsair Vengeance gb SSD w PSU x ASUS Radeon HD gb Ive made sure all drivers are up to date I have run memtest on both sticks of ram and they seem to pass with no errors when only video card is plugged in Black screen with multiple video playback I have no problems it seems to have something to do when they are crossfired I ve tried different bridges and still same result nbsp

A:Black screen with multiple video playback

Sounds like we have the same thing going on. Does your screen have any windows poop up? mine does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-multiple-video-playback.192857/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an Asus laptop that is almost brand new but without warning the screen will go black. When I restart it, Windows doesn't recover from a serious error or anything. I've checked the battery and that isn't the problem. I've run virus scans and they turn up nothing and I have no other issues with the computer. Thanks in advance guys. Let me know what I have to do.

A:My laptop screen goes black at random

Completely black? like the screen turned off? or does it get really dim? have you dropped it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-screen-goes-black-at-random.192726/
Relevancy 24.94%

When I boot my computer goes past the first screen, bios. Then it goes to a black screen with a blinking under score in the top left corner. I googled and saw all sorts of recommendations. The first one from windows 7 staff tells a customer to buy a new hard drive. But I decided to try the simple thing first, unplugging all my USB devices. And it worked. Through trial and error I found out it is the keyboard. It work fine if I plug it in after boot. I switched the usb slot the keyboard is plugged into and it still happens.

How do I solve this other then getting a new keyboard? Why does this happen? Could this possibly be the reason my computer is getting hotter then normal?

A:Keyboard causing computer to freeze on boot

Your keyboard or cord could be damaged and sending constant signals to the PC. Try with another keyboard to see if that's the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-causing-computer-to-freeze-on-boot.192465/
Relevancy 18.92%

I m running the latest version of Firefox along Firefox The it Rolling Stones,"Paint Does Black"..Literally! with the extensions quot Video Download Helper quot amp quot NoScript quot This is on a G IGP Intel board w GBs of system RAM After perhaps tabs are open FF will black out when scrolling black out tabs or entire window sets and finally crash My other quot art collector machine quot P- GBs of DDR same browser but only quot NoScript quot Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! will open literally hundreds without complaint Although at some point I suppose Firefox does simply get grossed out and exits Anyway the color value of pure black is So it seems to me that Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! a some point the color management can no longer retain the color information necessary and the registers go to zero So my guess is it s acting like it s running out of Vram Yes there s a question in here somewhere Have any of you experienced this Or do any of you think a discreet graphics card might help Or perhaps more importantly do any of you agree or disagree with my diagnosis nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-does-the-rolling-stones-paint-it-black-literally.192696/
Relevancy 29.24%

How to remove write protection of USB Flash Drive with no visible lock/unlock?

A:USB flash drive write protected

Diether John said:

How to remove write protection of USB Flash Drive with no visible lock/unlock?Click to expand...

Depends on how the drive has been write protected. Does the whole drive appear to be encrypted/write protected or has each file been individually encrypted/write protected?

If the drive has been encrypted, TechSpot has regulations against helping anyone circumvent encryption. Reason for this, is we have no way to know for sure you are the true owner of the device. Write protection however is a simple switch in file properties that can be toggled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-write-protected.191324/
Relevancy 22.36%

I was pre-testing a card that I got from china to see if it was what I ordered before trying to sell the rest of the cards on ebay the card said it was gigs Fat when I looked at it on my windows PC Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card While it sd fixing about 3 micro errors. cards questions was Formating it went to Default exFAT gigs but I knew my MP player will not be able to handle exFAT so I tried to use a tool to change its format back to Fat After clicking format I saw that it was taking a vary long time to format but then I saw I did not check quick format so I hit stop and nothing happened so I hit X on the tool and still nothing happened so I clicked ctrl-alt-exit and made it stop that way but after that it then said the card needs to be formated so I tried to format it back to Default exFAT but befor clicking format it now only says it will format to gigs and not gigs o O so I was thinking maybe that is just a error and will be fixed after clicking format 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. so I clcik format and it gives me a error it says Windows was unable 3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors. to complete the format so how do I get it to format back to gigs and back to Fat --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- And here is my nd question a month ago I sold a guy of my cards on ebay now he is saying this Dear Piratekitty When I installed the card in my Clip it gaves errors when trying to copy music to it and when I tested it with H test I formatted the card as FAT and now it shows as MB capacity I ve tried reformatting it several times with the same results with Windows and SDFormatter I tried it in a Cowon J with the same results Please tell me how to access the full GB on this card or replace this card with a real GB card that works Regards ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- rd question is is subject all my falt before selling the items I put quot how to Instructions in the items I am selling on ebay and my question is what if my how to instructions are making my buyers have have Can you read my instructions and tell me if it is causing errors for my ebay buyers Important Notice Please Read By default the cards format is exFAT amp not all items can read exFAT format If your item can not read exFAT format you will get a error but you can fix this by changing the cards format Q What to do if you need to change your cards format First check to see what kind of format your device can read Next google how to change the format of exFAT to the format that your device can handle there are a lot of websites out there with step by step methods After that follow the steps that the website tells you I perfer watching how to videos on youtube And finaly when your done if you still find that your geting a error please let me know amp I will help you ASAP Notes about formating When you want to delete everything I sugest doing so with the file formater the website in step gives you If you dont you will end up changing your fixed format back to the cards Default exFAT I found everything I told you out when my mp player only worked with FAT amp not exFAT So I looked on youtube amp found nbsp

A:3 questions about fixing micro sd cards errors.

the card said it was 64 gigs (Fat32) when I looked at it on my windows 7 PC.

Next I put a song on it and it seemed to be working ok and then I tried for format the card.Click to expand...

Rule number one:- if it isn't broken then don't fix it.

The issue here is windows will not format Fat32 above 32gb, so invoking the formatter when all you needed was to delete the file was a major mistake.

Personally, your online handle Piratekitty and the fact that you are reselling on the net bothers me. I've pointed you in the right direction this time, but will not respond in the future to your postings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-questions-about-fixing-micro-sd-cards-errors.192060/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I have a Western Digital (WD) 250gb external hard drive and run Windows XP on my Asus Eeepc laptop.

One day I pulled my external hard drive straight out of my computer (didn't use "safely remove hardware"). From now on it isnt displayed in my computer, and it doesnt appear in disk management either. When I open device manager and then open my WD SES Device, it tells me the device is working properly. I have tried updating the driver and uninstalling it, but everytime I plug it in reinstalls itself and tells me it is working fine.

I am not a computer guy. I have read other forums and none have a solution for me. Does anybody know how to access my external hard drive? (please write responses in simple language with simple steps I can follow)

Thanks
snowyman

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-displayed-in-my-computer-or-disk-management.191922/
Relevancy 21.5%

Can someone tell me if this cpu works on a Biostar mobo MCP6P-M2+,
I believe it wil but need some reassurance before I do the swap. Understand that BIOS needs upgrading, The Biostar site shows that this will accept either the 2+ or 3+ processor, and that it is 125 watts power. Please advise before I make a wrong move.

A:AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition CPU upgrade

Biostar website doesn't actually list that CPU as supported. It also says that 95W CPU's max are recommended, while your CPU of choice is 125W.

I don't think it'll work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-ii-x4-965-black-edition-cpu-upgrade.191355/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am working on a Dell Latitude D610 laptop. The issue being the monitor would randomly go black during BIOS, it works fine with an external monitor, so I figured it was the inverter. I bought and replaced it, now it stays on longer but still goes black, unless I hold the button down that tells the laptop the screen is closed for a few seconds then release, after that it will either go black again, or stay on for indefinitely until a reboot then the problem repeats itself. Is this a monitor issue or a problem with the close button itself? Thanks for any help!

A:Monitor goes black

Could it be an issue with the GPU do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-black.191484/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have try many things but the result is still the same...
already tried restarting the computer.....switching off the modem....
when I disable it.. I cant enable it again.. and when I try to switch off the computer it got stuck at the saving setting or something like that.... even the hamachi network cant be disable... the internet connection was working great last nigh but when I woke up.. this thing shown up... I never adjust any system or add any program before shutting it down last night...
I also tried to go to control panel

ithe ethernet is still enable... I realy need help on this... the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problem...

A:LAN network conection failed

the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problemClick to expand...

Are you trying to get BOTH connected at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-conection-failed.191371/
Relevancy 21.93%

I work in an office with about 15 people. I want people to print in black and white by default. Any way to do this?

Most people are using Windows 7.

Is there a way to just print in black and white for firefox? I can't figure that out either.

A:Printing in black and white?

For each machine;

go to the default printer
get the properties
look for the Print Gray Scale choice
set and save it
If the print driver doesn't have the option, then you're out of luck.

Once set, ALL applications will get this default, but can get color again by using the printer options;
eg <ctl>P in the application, -> Properties -> select B&W vs Color

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printing-in-black-and-white.190832/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve read a lot of forums about this topic and none of them have an answer I have a GB flash drive from Micro Center local store It has been write protected though not on purpose It was just suddently protected one flash drive Write protected day There Write protected flash drive is no manual WP switch on the drive Formated FAT Safetly removed restarted plugged back in -- no fix added storagedevicepolicies in the registry with a value of quot quot and also deleted it -- no fix there are no other quot storage device quot entries in registry -- no fix there is no write protection in BIOS -- no fix used several pieces of software HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool and another one similar for a different flash drive company There is no software for this specific flash drive -- no fix Microcenter does not support it s products in the manner of fixing stuff like this they d just replace it which would be great except there is extremely sensitive work data on the drive -- no fix Obviously you cannot reformat it as it is write protected -- no fix I ve used ATTRIB and FORMAT in command line in safe mode as well -- no fix I ve used appropriate utilities steps above disk utility etc on Windows machines XP machine and an Apple -- no fix It DOES show up in Disk Management Healthy Primary Partition Whenever it is plugged in the quot Do you want to scan and fix Removable Disk G quot window pops up I can actually run the scan as long as I uncheck both boxes it can t fix things because it s write protected -- no fix I ve done so called quot Works quot things found on youtube and elsewhere that involve using things like low level formatting tools -- no fix I really need to get write protection off of this drive Thanks for your time Booted into linux and tried chmod no fix nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/write-protected-flash-drive.190768/
Relevancy 22.36%

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

A:HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 21.07%

I powered down the machine yesterday (Shut Down) and now this morning the computer will not boot.
When I try to boot the machine the BIOS screen does not appear, the HD light flickers on but then stays off. All other lights on the machine are on as normal. The fan kicks in within 30 seconds and sounds like it's running at maximum revs.
I did a hard reset and reseated the HD and the RAM and replaced the RTC battery without fixing the issue.
I will disassemble the unit and make sure the fan is not clogged, in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts ?
TIA
Arfer

A:HP Pavillion DV6700 will not start, no BIOS screen just black

The motherboard has probably failed do to consistent overheating over time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-will-not-start-no-bios-screen-just-black.189056/
Relevancy 20.21%

For the past couple of months, I've noticed an FPS drop across all my games. I usually play games like League of Legends and DotA 2 so they aren't really CPU heavy. I thought maybe it could be overheating. This is currently my fan status:

PC Specs:
Manufacturer: HP
Processor: AMD Phenom 8550 Triple-Core 2.20 GHz
Memory: 3GB RAM
HDD: 640GB
Video Card: GeForce 9500 GS

Not great, but it should be more than capable of running these types of games, they're not high end on graphics.

I've tried cleaning inside a couple of times.

A:Random FPS drops in LoL and Dota 2

Is that reading at idle?

If so, you have some worryingly high GPU temperatures.You should try cleaning the dust from GPU fan/heatsink. The CPU temperatures are also pretty mediocre, so I'd clean the dust from that fan as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-fps-drops-in-lol-and-dota-2.189731/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an old fujitsu stylistic LT C-500 pen tablet which gives 4 errors on boot up. The first is query support failed. It has to do with fujitsu display monitor application.The second is pen tablet failed to initialize and pen functionality is not available although I just installed a new driver and it works fine. The third error secure attention sequence error which says it is unable to create a tray icon for the secure attention sequence application. The fourth error is WMI Error: Error accessing class instance. It also has to do with fufitsu display monitor application. I have wxp installed and a .5 ghz processor with 128 mb ram. Eveything seems to work just fine except for that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-up-errors.189373/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys I ve been searching recently and I found that thread My problem is kinda the same My video card GeForce GTX ti doesn t work It IS functioning its cooler with video screen The same black problem old the card is always on but it isn t showing any image just a black screen My motherboard yup I m brazilian Hope you guys understand what s on the page with the help of Google Translator or something like that is one of the poorest I ve ever seen I totally regret buying it in - but it was so cheap I have one more problem I haven t bought a real power supply yet I m with a nominal one W and NVidia tells me that the minimum requirement of W s is My question is Will I have to buy a new MB to get my video card running I m probably going to buy a whole new Desktop Computer already with GeForce Series if there s no saving to my actual MB nbsp

A:The same old problem with the black screen video card

UM you'll need a new quality power supply and have you moved the video cable to the new video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-same-old-problem-with-the-black-screen-video-card.189276/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18E which is experience some major problems at the moment.
Firstly, I get 'nvlddmkm' problem about every 10mins or thereabouts which causes the screen to lock, go fuzzy, blank the screen and then revive and become functional again.

This can eventually, or straight away, lead to a total fuzzy screen lock-up where I simply have to hit the off button to restart the computer.
This is also interspersed by various other screens such as those below; mixed pages, blue screen, which seem to have come from the Matrix.

The computer is about four years old and the front left of it can get very hot.
Is it just knackered?
Would a re-format and re-install do the trick?

Any ideas or solutions?

Cheers,
Tom.

A:Major Sony VAIO problems - graphically, freezes, blue screens etc

The Nvidia graphics chip on the motherboard is probably over heating. The CPU/GPU cooling port may be clogged with dust or the thermal pads or paste need to be cleaned and replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-sony-vaio-problems-graphically-freezes-blue-screens-etc.189216/
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 17.63%

If you can help me solve my problem I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time! (PayPal)

Okay so to be precise, it is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857

The problem is that the computer will completely shut off at any given time. It will sometimes boot into windows but it will be a black screen with only the cursor until a blue screen pops up that I never have enough time to read through. It won't stay on trying to install a new OS or in the Setup Manager.
What I've tried:
Removing hardware one by one to see if it was the problem
Completely cleaned heatsink
Removed battery and ran only with power cord
Power drain
Replaced motherboard with a used but working one

Let me know if you need anymore information.
Thank you in advance for your time!

A:Looking for help with a "random shut down" problem with a Toshiba Satellite A305

The blue screen should produce a minidump file. Locate this file on your pc and upload it please.

Usually in c/windows/minidump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-help-with-a-random-shut-down-problem-with-a-toshiba-satellite-a305.188893/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey I m not sure where to start but a while ago I bought a desktop and a monitor and they are black Screen after card a installing graphics goes while after new Desk Top Newegg com - Acer Aspire AX -UR P PT SG P Desktop PC Athlon II X GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce SE Windows Home Premium -Bit Monitor newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E But the graphics card that came Screen goes black after a while after installing new graphics card with the computer sucked it simply doesn t support D games So I went ahead and bought this graphics card Graphics Card Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-N SL- GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card Here note that the maximum power my computer has is W but the graphics card needs at least W for it to run So I bought this power supply unit Power Supply Newegg com - Antec VP- W ATX V v Power Supply Here s the story After I bought my computer and the monitor I bought the graphics card It took me a while to figure out how to install it but I worked my way out and installed it So I followed the general guide to installing graphics card remove driver first install card the computer didn t have a card so the pci slots were empty then I started my computer and tried to install the new driver with the disc that came with the graphics card The first time it went so well that I thought it s gonna work but after a while the screen suddenly goes back and on the top right corner it says quot VGA then DVI quot It s the screen you get when the monitor isn t plugged into a desktop So after that I went to look at my computer and the card and I found out the card needs more power it needs W but the computer has W So I bought a W power supply unit also took me a while because my case is micro ATX board I have to leave the power supply unit outside the case So after I installed the power supply and the graphics card the first time trying to install the driver also went pretty smooth but the screen then went black after a while So I m wondering what exactly I should do I m pretty sure the power supply is working Atm I m using the power supply but not the card and I can run my computer fine Addition details When I tried to uninstall the original graphics card driver it kept automatically installing itself when I restart Could that be why But after I uninstalled it I switched to the VGA port on the new graphics card but it still didn t work I have my directx updated to version Please if you re confused about anything I said tell me which part you didn t understand and I ll try my best to describe it Thank you for your time Ads by Google nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-after-a-while-after-installing-new-graphics-card.188703/
Relevancy 21.5%

Anybody know what would make a monitor display for 10 seconds and then go black?
I can shut it off...turn back on and it displays again for 10 seconds and goes blank.
I have changed out cables. tried on several machines, and outputs, same result.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-works-for-10-seconds-then-goes-black.188677/
Relevancy 20.21%

My 1TB Western Digital external drive has failed. It's out of warranty so that's not an option. After much internet research and trying many "fixes" that didn't work, I moved on to getting it out of its enclosure. But I need help on what I do next to determine if its the USB port that failed or the drive itself. This is my main backup of all my data (I know my fault for not having a backup of my backup) so I really need to get the data off of it if possible. The sticker on the drive says: SATA / 32MB Cache. My only computer is an HP Pavilion laptop. I am a novice in terms of computer hardware but can follow directions and do "techy" things pretty well. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-wd-external-drive-is-it-the-drive-or-the-usb-port.188620/
Relevancy 21.5%

I recently built my new computer and have been having problems with the graphics card. My computer runs fine on my i5 graphics but I want better graphics so I purchased a Saphire Radeon 7850. When I plugged it into my motherboard and plugged in the power I then turned on the computer. Everything was working fine. The fans on the graphics card began to spin. and I could here windows being booted. The problem was the screen was black. Nothing was showing up and my monitor went on sleep mode. I turned off my computer and un-plugged in the power sorce of the graphics card and tried to turn on the computer and it worked fine. The monitor worked and everything was good. If anyone could help it would be greatly appriciated!

A:Black screen when graphics card plugged in

Did you plug the monitor cable into the back of the actual graphics card, or is it still in the motherboard port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-graphics-card-plugged-in.188481/
Relevancy 17.2%

Ive only had the privledge (and by that, I mean, enough money) to build a single CPU (with my brother, it was his) in my life. I recall it has (still works apart from mobo, only recently replaced) a intel core 2 quad. I see people talking about bent pins and stuff on CPUs, but I dont remember pins being on the core 2 quad. that was the easiest part I recall, just literally placed the chip in the socket (the heatsink, that was a headache). I dont recall any pins. Are pins literally pins as in thin rods sticking out of the bottom, or what?

A:Sorta random CPU question (no problems, just a question)

Most modern CPU's (Intel at least) no longer have pins on the CPU, but instead the pins are on the socket.

The newer socket 1155 and 1366 (and 2011 for that matter) are just like the Socket 775 you are experienced with the Core 2 Quad you installed, just slightly larger sockets.

It is still very possible to bend pins though, but in this way, you damage the motherboard (with the CPU socket) vs. the CPU. You must be careful when inserting the CPU since dropping it on a corner into the socket CAN bend and damage pins.

So if you've built a system with Socket 775/Core 2 Quad, you should have no problem with Core i3/i5/i7 and newer Intel sockets if this is what you plan to do. Everything is basically the same... just slightly different socket and DDR3 memory vs. DDR2, which are also very similar and just snap in the DIMM slots similarly.

I hope that helps! Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sorta-random-cpu-question-no-problems-just-a-question.186212/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all
I have just noticed that my keyboard doesn't work on certain screens. Specifically the system restore screen where I have to label the restore point. I cant type anything in. I don't get the blinking cursor in the input box. I get the italic I cursor when I put the arrow cursor in the box but when I left click to anchor the cursor and start typing nothing happens. So maybe a mouse problem too. I noticed it in a software registration window too. Running windows xp sp3. microsoft usb keyboard and a wireless logitech mouse
Thanks for any help

A:Keyboard doesn't work on certain screens

Change batteries?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-doesnt-work-on-certain-screens.187413/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I recently purchased a new laptop a Dell Model N Windows home premium It s been about a week that DNS lookup failed I have been attempting to access the web I have successfully set up the wireless network I just added the existing network I have set up through my old laptop My task bar shows that I am connected to the internet using DNS lookup failed google chrome I receive the error message quot the DNS lookup failed quot And while using internet explorer I get quot The DNS server isn t responding quot All of my Wireless Network Connection Properties are set to obtain automatically I ve even tried disabling the IPV I know all these settings are correct because my old laptop is still connected and I am having no difficulty connecting to the internet I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy and this has left me puzzled and extremely frustrated Any help would be greatly appreciated This might be helpful- results from ipconfig from Dell not connecting to internet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - E- - FC-B BF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FAF A- DA - CAA- -D DEA B D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ebe f fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c ebe f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Data from Dell computer that will connect Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physica... Read more

A:DNS lookup failed

Is this WiFi to your own router, or some public hotspot?
These look really good:

Code:

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Daisha-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Hybrid[/B]
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 64-27-37-F2-85-05
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Yes[/B]
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
[COLOR=#ff0000]IPv4 Address.[/COLOR] . . . . . . . . . . : [B]192.168.0.12(Preferred)[/B]
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:23:34 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:42:06 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
[B]DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8[/B]
[B]8.8.4.4[/B]
[B]NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled[/B]
In Services, ensure DNS Client is Autostart and running.

These are the test you can run; get a command prompt, then
verify NIC is active ping 127.0.0.1
get your IPv4 Address and then ping it
run tracert 8.8.8.8

first line will be your router/gateway
second will be your ISP
... last should be 8.8.8.8
now test DNS with

nslookup 8.8.8.8
should return google=public-dns-a.google.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186215/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

I've got a problem. I can't seem to get the wireless working on 1 laptop. It used to work, but since I logged into another Wifi it doesn't work anymore.

It keeps giving the DNS lookup failed in Chrome.

I checked the DNS client, it's running. I renewed, released, did netsh resets.

IP and DNS are on automatic.

The only thing I can find it the logs is that the "Gateway" is empty.

EDIT:

On top of that it takes really long to acquire the network address. Then it gives a limited connectivity warning for 2 seconds, and then it says the connection was succesful and that the signal strength is excellent.

A:DNS lookup failed

Go to this post scroll to the bottom, find the attachment

Save to your HD, rename by stripping off the .TXT

Now using an admin login, dbl-click that file to make the change - - reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186338/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I just got my USB flash drive yesterday and it works fine with no problems whatsoever. First started using it on a machine with XP with no errors at all but then today on a machine with Windows 7 I get a disk controller error in the even viewer. Please tell me this it not the USB flash drive itself? Thanks

A:USB flash drive errors

No, it is the computer you are running it on, in this case the Win 7. It just means that the disk controller hardware for the Win 7 is not functioning correctly.

Hope this helped

~Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-drive-errors.183643/
Relevancy 25.8%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 21.5%

So after few days me and my friend we where playing dead island. Then suddenly my screen went black but still I can hear sound of the game only. Then that smell came from my desktop like something was burned I don't know what but it seems from power supply because I tested again I turned back on game and waited for few minutes and the smell was coming like from power supply what I have tested now is counter strike 1.6 battlefield bad company 2 it works But like world of warcraft or dead island garrys mod and probably other games don't work
My pc spec are
*CPU:Intel Core Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz
*GPU:GTX260
*RAM:4GB
*Hard drive:1TB
*Power Suppply:700W
I just don't know what do to

Some people saying that I need to replace new power supply and later on new graphic card

A:After starting game my monitor goes black

What is the make of your power supply? A bad power supply will cause all kinds of issues and if you are not careful will damage other hardware components. Remove said power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-starting-game-my-monitor-goes-black.184871/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have made a mistake in my computer and I do not know what I did or where I did it to create the screen to become black when I go to a second screen. I can open a website fine, but when I go to a second page it comes up black with only very light grey printing. Can someone walk me through changing this back from black to a more readable color?
Oh, I forgot to tell that I have Windows 7 on this laptop.

A:Opening second page comes up black

Are you talking about an external monitor connected to the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opening-second-page-comes-up-black.184086/