Windows Support Forum

Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Q: Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am using after keys F750 Touch-sensitive update Windows not Qosmio 10 working - a Qosmio F laptop PQF A- Qosmio F750 - Touch-sensitive keys not working after Windows 10 update Y Q The previous OS installed on the computer was Windows Home Premium -bit I then upgraded the OS to Windows Home -bit As expected this change would cause some Qosmio F750 - Touch-sensitive keys not working after Windows 10 update problems to appear The thing that's really bugging me right now is that the touch sensitive keys at the top right of the keyboard aren't functioning as intended The keys still respond if you touch them but they don't do anything on screen mostly When I touch the Volume Up Volume Down keys they work as intended However the Mute key the Play Pause key the Wifi On Off key and the eco Mode key as well as the toshiba bulletin board key don't do anything Curiously when I manually turn on eco mode from the power settings the eco mode key still turns green My ultimate question is how do I fix this so that ALL of the keys work as intended ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I noticed that the webcam facial recognition was doing funny things as well but all that needed to be done was recalibrate the setup for that to make it work again All of the FN key functions curiously work as well As an addition to the bolded question are there any other drivers I should install to improve restore functionality to my laptop Like the ones from the Windows page

A:Qosmio F750 - Touch-sensitive keys not working after Windows 10 update

Hi,

I have the same problem since 8.1 update and now after 10 update, further more I have lost the 3d display function since I updated to 8.1.
MY QOSMIO is PQF75E-F750

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84299-Qosmio-F750-Touch-sensitive-keys-not-working-after-Windows-10-update
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,

The C40 C10Q is already a tight squeeze with only a 32GB eMMC drive. I therefore did a clean install of W10 and everything is great, with plenty of space to spare now - EXCEPT - some of the function keys don't work such as the blank screen, while outside Windows, using a boot CD, none of them work. Do I need to download a Toshiba Utilities driver? Can't find them anywhere!

A:Satellite C40 function keys don't work outside Windows after W10 clean install

Win10 drivers can be found here http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/dow...jsp?service=EU

Install the Toshiba System Driver, and Toshiba system Settings.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91193-Satellite-C40-function-keys-don-t-work-outside-Windows-after-W10-clean-install
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 from my Dell 502 xps laptop then I uninstalled Kaspersky but now my touchpad and keyboard are not working I'm typing this on my mobile phone

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632201/dell-touch-pad-and-keys-not-working/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 from my Dell 502 xps laptop then I uninstalled Kaspersky but now my touchpad and keyboard are not working I'm typing this on my mobile phone

A:Dell touch pad and keys not working

Sorry it should have read after I unistalled I then reinstalled

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632202/dell-touch-pad-and-keys-not-working/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,
After a clean install (win 7 home prem), i found most of the drivers, but still have following problems.

1) when i hook up my external hdd or any device to any usb port, although it powers and tries to read, but does not show in my computer and does not work

2) the touch keys (eco, wireless, media buttons) dont work. After installing value added pack, it opens up a button assignment tool and asks me for input for button assignment

3) The reason for clean install was new 250gig SDD to replace my 750gb toshiba hdd. this is the 3rd time hdd has corrupted in 2 years (not happy), however, the ssd halts the laptop as well, and i have to restart

Your help is much appreciated.
[email protected]

A:Qosmio F60 - USB ports & touch keys are not working

Do you have the latest firmware on the SSD?

Have you installed all the drivers and software listed on the Toshiba website? Make sure you install the Intel Chipset utility first, then TVAP second.

Also make sure you have Win7 Service Pack 1 before installing drivers, and update the BIOS to the latest revision.

If you still can't get it working, you can order the Recovery Discs from Toshiba and install the factory image on the SSD so everything works properly.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68307-Qosmio-F60-USB-ports-touch-keys-are-not-working
Relevancy 72.67%

Seems like it started after loading Norton. The touchpad works, but wont let me select anything with the left or right buttons. I have put in a usb mouse and that seems to work. The buttons work when I am in safe mode. What would cause it to not work in normal Win 7? To be specific, the pad seems fine, the buttons do not work in Win 7. Removed Norton and the problem was still there. Obviously some setting I am not aware of when the full operating system loads. Thanks for any help!

A:Touch pad keys not working on Samsung notebook

Does your Notebook have a specific key on the keyboard that enables/disables the touchpad? I know some Dell models have this. (It's kind of like a Caps Lock or Num Lock key that lights up. You may have to use the Function key to get at it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350346-touch-pad-keys-not-working-samsung-notebook.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello! I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me. I'm running on Windows 8.1. Tonight, certain keys on my keyboard stopped working. These are the: 5, 6, F1, F2, +/=, -/_, home and end keys. The touchsceen keyboard still works, and an extenal keyboard plugged in also works. I have already tried uninstalling the driver and there are no updates available. Prior to this happening, I did have a brief glitch where the number 6 kept slipping in randomly while I typed. I assumed it to be stuck, but, well...now it isn't working at all. Could it be a physical issue with the keyboard? These are pretty random keys to go out all at once.  Thanks very much! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Ideapad-u410-touch-certain-keys-not-working/td-p/3339291
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi

My touch keys for brightness and all others are not working properly. Sometimes they don?r work, sometimes they work fine.
I?ve serached for any drivers for this matter but i can?t found it...any toughts?

Thanks

A:Qosmio G20 - operation touch keys not working properly

Do you use original Toshiba OS you got with your notebook?
I think it must be WXP Media Center Edition, right?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60950-Qosmio-G20-operation-touch-keys-not-working-properly
Relevancy 71.38%

Hardware = Toshiba Satellite Pro A6 Laptop (Toshiba:Link)

The mouse keys and touchpad have stopped functioning, the laptop recently was sent back to toshiba because the mobo needed replacing however they didnt fix the Touchpad/Keys should I send it back again or replace the touchpad with one from ebay eg (a samsung)

Any other suggestions will be greatfully received.

thanks ed301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-sat-pro-laptop-touch-pad-and-mouse-keys-stopped-working.31445/
Relevancy 69.23%

My spouses pc all of a sudden wouldn't boot, not into safe mode or anything (vista), and so we were going to upgrade anyways to windows 7, so i bought the upgrade windows 7 and attempted to do a clean install and reformatted the c: drive which has 250gb, and each time i start the install it bogs down and gets stuck on the install files and cycles over and over and never goes anywhere. I also performed a start up repair and it cycles over and over for hours on end, please help!

A:Boot config not working, tried clean install, can't install windows 7

Welcome freakyfrowe

I assume from your specs this is an acer laptop. Check this thread for a lot of ideas.

Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

Disconnect all not necesssary USB devices, printers, ext monitors, TVs, etc.

Also this Tutorial on Clean Install with upgrade disc

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Edit: Optimize Hard Drive for Install

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/171651-boot-config-not-working-tried-clean-install-cant-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So recently as in within the last half hour of writing this I've given my keyboard a quick clean-down My cat knocked a drink onto the number pad so I dried it off and cleaned it as best I could Everything seems to be working fine now - Arrow keys all numberpad keys num lock scroll lock caps lock the whole shibang Everything works Except for my ctrl keys Can't use any keyboard shortcuts can't ctrl alt delete can't use any program shortcuts that require the ctrl key Such as Puush and it's driving me nuts This isn't a problem with one key either because it's occurring with both the left and right ctrl keys My keyboard is just an off-the-shelf supermarket variety so I couldn't tell you guys a brand model number But as far as I can tell everything else works While cleaning the keyboard I did mash the num-pad and some of the right-hand-side keys with a towel a few times and I think I might have keys Ctrl not keyboard after working clean hit some kind of key combination that turned off the ctrl keys That or the spill somehow shorted out one very specific function Are there any Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean key combinations that would cause the ctrl keys Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean to stop working Specifically ones on the right-side of a keyboard numpad Or is Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean this keyboard just buggered Thanks

A:Ctrl keys not working after keyboard clean

Sounds like it's buggered.
Unless something got into the contacts for the control keys themselves, it's extremely unlikely for something to effect just one or two keys.
It the drink was plain water, it normally won't hurt it after drying it'll function correctly, it it was a sugary drink, the sugar could insulate the contacts. Can sometimes rinse under warm water and allowed to dry.
If really ambitious or just plain curious, you can tear it apart and clean the contacts, but keyboards are cheap enough that it's seldom worth it as a repair.
try a different keyboard to see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/ctrl-keys-not-working-after-keyboard-clean-1061378.html
Relevancy 67.51%

RECENTLY BOOTED MY DEVICE WITH WINDOWS 7 64 BIT.The brightness slider has completely dissapeared and the action keys  for brightness are not responding the rest action keys work fine.Standard VGA adapter and installed all  the chipset drivers.Tried unistalling genric pnp moniter driver.

A:BRIGHTNESS SLIDER AND ACTION KEYS NOT FUNCTIONING

Standard VGA adapter driver is crippled and will not support brightness hotkey. You need the correct video driver.  Intel HD4400: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69588.exe Be sure to install all the HP Windows 7 drivers: http://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875200/model/7280325

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BRIGHTNESS-SLIDER-AND-ACTION-KEYS-NOT-FUNCTIONING/td-p/5743511
Relevancy 67.51%

On my Sony VAIO I reinstalled windows after some problems and now my brightness Fn keys don't work, display output, hibernate or any others.
How can I make them work?

Thank you

A:Function keys don't work after clean install

Samuel,
You can go to the sony site and fetch the appropriate download for your computer.

Just find the list of downloads for your computer, read the descriptions and pick the ones you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/239183-function-keys-dont-work-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I've searched through the forum and I think I have most of the answers however I am a bit confused over product keys I have an older bit install to product - bit Vista 32 64 and Clean keys bit W8 Vista system which is a candidate for an upgrade to W bit I also have a newer Clean install and product keys - 32 bit Vista to 64 bit W8 W bit system which I don't want to upgrade I think that if I take the upgrade option then I can download W to my W bit system save to an ISO file burn a DVD then use the DVD for a clean install to another system i e format the drive so it is empty then run a W install from scratch If all this is true then my one unanswered question is quot can I use the product key from the original bit Vista install quot Oh supplementary I can see multiple possible sources of W Pro Upgrade and two Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store - Buy and download Windows Professional home file sharing network connectivity Home Premium and Buy Windows - Microsoft Windows come in at but I'm not sure both are direct from Microsoft Which is the better site to use or will either do Cheers LGC

A:Clean install and product keys - 32 bit Vista to 64 bit W8

Hello LGC, and welcome to Eight Forums,

Yes, you can replace the 32-bit Vista with a 64-bit Windows 8 upgrade.

If you like, you could also use the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to purchase and download the ?24.99 ($39.99) Windows 8 upgrade ISO file on your 64-bit W7, create a bootable DVD or USB with the ISO, then clean install the 64-bit Windows 8 upgrade on your 32-bit Vista computer. During installation, you would enter the W8 product key.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/17018-clean-install-product-keys-32-bit-vista-64-bit-w8.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I clean installed windows from windows May Since then I haven t been able to get my DAC Magic Plus to work which btw 7. not from clean windows Dac magic working plus after install 10 is the ONLY THING I REALLY LOVE ABOUT USING THIS COMPUTER MICROSOFT I installed the driver from Cambridge Dac magic plus not working after windows 10 clean install from 7. website I added the upgrade file when it was sent to me May st The file itself appeared to do nothing almost like it was empty Dac magic plus not working after windows 10 clean install from 7. I even tried upgrading it from my desktop from the devices manager The strange thing is regarding my DAC PLUS since I clean installed Win - is that it shows it installed everywhere and is the default sound Dac magic plus not working after windows 10 clean install from 7. option Windows also shows the driver is working and updated properly It shows that the USB is connected to the DAC Plus and the DAC Plus appears in the windows tray Sound from my computer my computer speakers works properly when the DAC is turned off - BUT WHEN I TURN THE DAC ON THE SOUND ABRUPTLY STOPS AND DOES NOT PLAY with any of my installed programs like Spotify Lights are on the DAC Plus and the settings are correct all the settings I had last time with which are digital USB settings are on and the DAC lights respond to test configuration but no sound comes forth I ve installed and uninstalled or times I am pretty sure the driver is installed correctly I opened the upgrade file you sent me and that appeared to do nothing Almost like it was an empty file I ve unplugged and plugged it in numerous times Reset it and so forth a dozen times If you were to trouble shoot it like I ve had Windows techs do remotely three times wasting at least hours total this week it looks like there is no problem Except absolutely no sound out of the DAC It was working perfectly in win right before the clean install I can t even hear test sound or computer sounds although there is indication of lights that it is there My speakers are connected correctly and I hear a slight hiss or pathway of audio from speakers and amp but no sound from the DAC at all Most frustrating I enjoyed my music so much through my DAC and it near broke me purchase it I can t believe it would have this much trouble to work with just clean installing win I ve tried the addendum for the DAC and made sure the USB was set for out of my computer Like I said the lights are on but no one is home How could it have broken

A:Dac magic plus not working after windows 10 clean install from 7.

Just Checking with the manufacturer's site, there are a number of different drivers for windows 10.

In additions to the actual driver there is a Firmware update needed to be installed into the actual hardware to enable the system to operate correctly.

There are a number of downloads and downloadable .PDF instruction files to guide you through the options

By the way, We have never sent you anything

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/51995-dac-magic-plus-not-working-after-windows-10-clean-install-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I got a new computer working after 7 of Windows Sound all not install clean at custom built a few months ago but it came with Windows bit so I decided to wipe it clean and install bit for gaming purposes It installed fine games ran a lot smoother Sound not working at all after clean install of Windows 7 etc sound was working at this point The sound still worked up until a few days Sound not working at all after clean install of Windows 7 ago when the headset I was using had broken I ordered a new one from Amazon and while I waited for it to arrive I thought I'd just use my phone earphones in my computer Considering the sound worked the same day on my headset but didn't work with my earphones I'm sure you can imagine how confused I Sound not working at all after clean install of Windows 7 was Because the headset was only physically broken the sound was still working through it and it sounded perfectly fine and clear but when I used my earphones it didn't work at all After some looking around I discovered that the Realtek HD audio manager wasn't even installed on my computer even though the previous headset had worked which confused me even more So I installed it plugged in my phone earphones and it still didn't work At this point I wasn't too bothered because I thought that maybe it was because turtle beach headsets had their own sound-card inside the box that controls the volume so I waited Only to have them have the exact same problem as my phone earphones they didn't work on my computer at all I done all the usual stuff checked that it was the default device on playback devices which lead me to the other issue my computer hasn't even picked them up as a device I thought it was okay though because the headset Turtle beach x 's are designed for xbox but are compatible with PC Which I have confirmed by using a laptop they work on that My old headset Turtle Beach Foxtrot actually appeared in the playback devices as quot Turtle Beach Foxtrot quot which I set as the default device but with this new headset nothing appears just quot Speakers quot I've re-installed the realtek drivers and manager so many times trying different versions I've updated my chipset checked nothing is conflicting in Device manager There are no yellow symbols on anything I've made sure audio is enabled in Services I made sure audio is enabled in my BIOS changing it to AC instead of HD also changed the settings in Realtek HD audio manager to AC I've made sure the ports I'm plugging the headset into are working by plugging my mouse into the same USB port I've tried plugging them into the back panel tried every possible combination I've even made sure that the old headset I used didn't have its own sound card because I thought maybe the sound card had been disabled inside my computer The only thing it points to is something being disabled inside my machine which I haven't checked yet because I wanted it to be a last resort This post is just before that last resort I really need help guys I never knew how dull life would be without having sound

A:Sound not working at all after clean install of Windows 7

Hi Nylus Welcome to Seven Forums.
To help all of us would you please add your systems specs? Here's how: System Info - See Your System Specs
I'm confused too. Is nothing at all giving sound? check to see that it is not muted in the task bar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/239151-sound-not-working-all-after-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I got at install not working all clean Windows 7 after of Sound a new computer custom built a few months ago but it came with Windows bit so I decided to Sound not working at all after clean install of Windows 7 wipe it clean and install bit for gaming purposes It installed fine games ran a lot smoother etc sound was working at this point The sound still worked up until a few days ago when the headset I was using had broken I ordered a new one from Amazon and while I waited for it to arrive I thought I d just use my phone earphones in my computer Considering the sound worked the same day on my headset but didn t work with my earphones I m sure you can imagine how confused I was Because the headset was only physically broken the sound was still working through it and it sounded perfectly fine and clear but when I used my earphones it didn t work at all After some looking around I discovered that the Realtek HD audio manager wasn t even installed on my computer even though the previous headset had worked which confused me even more So I installed it plugged in my phone earphones and it still didn t work At this point I wasn t too bothered because I thought that maybe it was because turtle beach headsets had their own sound-card inside the box that controls the volume so I waited Only to have them have the exact same problem as my phone earphones they didn t work on my computer at all I done all the usual stuff checked that it was the default device on playback devices which lead me to the other issue my computer hasn t even picked them up as a device I thought it was okay though because the headset Turtle beach x s are designed for xbox but are compatible with PC Which I have confirmed by using a laptop they work on that My old headset Turtle Beach Foxtrot actually appeared in the playback devices as quot Turtle Beach Foxtrot quot which I set as the default device but with this new headset nothing appears just quot Speakers quot I ve re-installed the realtek drivers and manager so many times trying different versions I ve updated my chipset checked nothing is conflicting in Device manager There are no yellow symbols on anything I ve made sure audio is enabled in Services I made sure audio is enabled in my BIOS changing it to AC instead of HD also changed the settings in Realtek HD audio manager to AC I ve made sure the ports I m plugging the headset into are working by plugging my mouse into the same USB port I ve tried plugging them into the back panel tried every possible combination I ve even made sure that the old headset I used didn t have its own sound card because I thought maybe the sound card had been disabled inside my computer The only thing it points to is something being disabled inside my machine which I haven t checked yet because I wanted it to be a last resort This post is just before that last resort I really need help guys I never knew how dull life would be without having sound nbsp

A:Sound not working at all after clean install of Windows 7

So, you were just using the computer, and one day the headphones just broke? And the sound stopped working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-not-working-at-all-after-clean-install-of-windows-7.1060131/
Relevancy 66.65%

asus rog g jy-vs wx quot one drive dual boot quot working install not of on ports USB 7. How clean fix? to windows windows Home Premium bit USB ports not working on clean install of windows 7. How to fix? and Pro bit In W When Booting the USB works fine and I have a mouse but when it gets to the login screen the keyboard and mouse just go black and do not function at all in W W works fine all the time I installed W after W and got everything loaded for SP and so on using the pad keys on the laptop all drivers install fine and W updates are all in In order to even get into W though I must go into BIOS and turn off security settings and turn on CSM Also must turn off Fast boot function Not doing these things just locks the W load screen where the color dots are in mostion then lock Is there a way to get the USB to be working on W from login screen and into desktop Am using the W Dual boot selection screen after install of W used quot bcdboot windir quot to set that up Will I need to redo the W install Hope not Any suggestions Robert

A:USB ports not working on clean install of windows 7. How to fix?

W7 had no support from USB3.0 out-of-the-box.
Use USB 2.0 ports (black) and after log-on install the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401941-usb-ports-not-working-clean-install-windows-7-how-fix.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys a couple weeks ago I bought an Asus S LB which comes with a GB SanDisk SSD for cache But when I got it it was way too slow so I decided to clean install windows instead of updating through the store SO all was well until yesterday I realised Cache [SOLVED] Windows working. 8, Clean not install SSD to my horror that the GB disk is Free and there [SOLVED] Clean install Windows 8, SSD Cache not working. are no read write stats in the Task Manager I tried installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology but it turns out it only works with a RAID SATA I tried installing ExpressCache but I found no official files on the [SOLVED] Clean install Windows 8, SSD Cache not working. Asus site so I had to resort to looking for the files around forums until I came across the Installer from Lenovo But as my luck should have it it has not worked Anybody know how I can make the SSD start working as cache again Thanks in advance P S I wouldn't mind reinstalling Windows as I have nothing valuable on it and I have the installation DVD with me so suggest anything as I saw that I need to have no OS installed to change the SATA options as at this moment I only get AHCI as an option in the Bios

A:[SOLVED] Clean install Windows 8, SSD Cache not working.

You have access to the drive correctly? Does it show in Windows?

Was Windows 8.1 installed on the PC before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-clean-install-windows-8-ssd-cache-not-working-875090.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Thank you for reading through these for me. I hope you can help me get this working. I appreciate it so much!

A:Clean Install Win7 x86. Windows Updates not working :-(

WELL..........BAM!!!
I am soooooo confused???
I walked away after I posted this for your help.
Sat down at the laptop and was welcomed by this on the screen.
HOW??? I have spent hours with this. Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377713-clean-install-win7-x86-windows-updates-not-working.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I did a clean install of Windows 7 on a a second Dell Optiplex 780, identical to the one I talked about before, I bought another, installed Windows 7, plugged in a USB hard drive full of pictures, told one folder to view large icons, and sort by date modified, I right click properties and tell it to optimize for pictures and to "apply this template to all subfolders", that folder stays the same but none of the sub folders are applying what I just set, some are by details, some are showing by name, in fact none of the folders are following the template.

All I can find on this problem was a really old Windows Vista issue on this, but the problem they were having is different. There was nothing as regards to this problem for Windows 7.

Any ideas?

A:'Apply this template to all subfolders' not working Clean install Windows 7

Can I get help please? In fact there is another problem I am having as well on a clean install of Windows 7. Windows update closes itself. I opened Windows Update, told it to check for updates, left the window open and went to bed, I slept 12 hours which is unusual, woke up, found out that nothing happened, in fact, the Windows Update window was closed, must have happened sometime overnight. I reopen it and it says "most recent check for updates: Never"

I am having more problems on a clean install than a computer loaded with junk

Any help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616841/apply-this-template-to-all-subfolders-not-working-clean-install-windows-7/
Relevancy 64.5%

I just installed Windows 7, installed the drivers from my Toshiba thread from yesterday, Installed AVG, and have been trying to get all the lasted updates since yesterday. So far I have none. I go to Control Panel and click Windows Update and I was presented with a red X saying check for updates for your computer and it sits and sits and sits, I shut down and tried several times. I performed a clean boot and still going on 6 hours with "Checking for updates" and with still nothing installed. even on a clean boot. I have been trying for a total of 12 hours now. All I managed to get is the System Update Readiness Tool installed. but no updates except one that was on the install media from 2010.

A:Clean Install of W7. Windows Update not working. "searching for updates" 6 hours

What is the speed of your internet connection?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585024/clean-install-of-w7-windows-update-not-working-searching-for-updates-6-hours/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey everyone I've got HDD Re-install not Keys Control replacement&OS after working a Dell XPS L X with Win x that recently underwent massive cleaning and virus removal After I was finished my laptop was somewhat functional again however I had tons of corrupt system files and the system would hang for - minutes at random times throughout the day At this point I decided to Control Keys not working after HDD replacement&OS Re-install backup my personal files and do a clean re-install of the Control Keys not working after HDD replacement&OS Re-install OS However despite my best efforts to re-install the OS after the drive was formatted the installation was constantly failing around So I ran CHKDSK f until it completed about hrs - - and attempted to re-install again with no luck After this failure I ended up taking it in to a local repair shop The guys there ran diagnostics and let me know that the HDD was bad and needed to be replaced The original HDD was the stock gb that came from Dell however since it was already in the shop I told them to go ahead and install a TB HDD since they said it would be a minimal price difference Here's where things get weird When I picked it up yesterday everything seemed to be working fine however I thought it was odd that I didn't recognize some of the drivers they used to get it up and running but I thought hey probably just the most recent driver updates Once I began browsing with chrome I immediately noticed that neither one of my control keys were functioning as I couldn't use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between tabs I opened notepad wordpad and was unable to copy paste with Ctrl shortcuts and I also couldn't bring up the ctrl alt del screen So after a brief bit of research into the problem I figured I would just take it back to them assuming that it could be a loose wire or something like that However they've just called today and they've said that all the wires are connected and the ctrl keys work fine when using an external keyboard or when using the onscreen keyboard and that it must be a problem with my laptop keyboard which they would be more than happy to replace for an additional parts and labor fee or they will do the entire OS re-install again for another fee The issue here is that there was nothing wrong with my keyboard in the first place until after they replaced the hard drive So my question to you guys is could it be possible that they installed incorrect drivers after they re-installed the OS which are now causing both of the Ctrl keys not to respond or is it more likely that they damaged my laptop in some way during the repair and are now trying to blame it on a problem that never existed If it is a software driver issue I may even be able to fix it myself but I've never heard of anything like this especially not on a clean install of Windows on a brand new hard drive And if that's the case would testing whether or not an external keyboard amp on screen keyboard worked with my system have anything to do with finding their software mistake Thoughts anyone Sorry for the long post I just wanted to be detailed Thanks for any replies - Will

A:Control Keys not working after HDD replacement&OS Re-install

This is primarily a legal problem - not a computing one - and the problem here is that consumer legislation varies so much from one country to another. At a guess you live somewhere in the Western half of the USA or Canada, judging by local time.

It might seem reasonable that if you take an equipment in to have a problem repaired that you should get it back without a new one - but!  Can you put forward any evidence that the keyboard was working properly immediately before you took it into the shop ?  If you can you would be in a much stronger position when it comes to negotiating.

As I see it, you have two choices. The first is to leave it to the tender mercies of your local repair shop, but try to beat them down on the price. The other is to take it back as it is and try to fix it yourself, and that depends on how confident you feel about your skills.

The only other thing that might help you is the drivers that were installed. It is extremely easy to find drivers for a Dell, all you need is the number off the bar code somewhere on it and access to the Dell web-site. These will take straight to the page listing the drivers for your computer and if these are not the drivers that were installed then they have been less than 100% professional.

I am sorry I cannot be more positive, but if you want to pick a fight - and here, at home, I would be inclined to - you need local advice as to your position and the 'local' bit I definitely can't help you with.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535429/control-keys-not-working-after-hdd-replacement-os-re-install/
Relevancy 60.2%

As you know, you can purchase additional Windows 8 Pro Upgrade keys (up to five--and today is the last day for the cheaper price) via the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant... you just burn an ISO rather than continuing with the install.

But if you're not upgrading to Win8 on the computer that you used to get the keys, you're left with all the system files and stuff that were downloaded by the Upgrade Assistant. Somewhere--I think on this forum--I saw a procedure explaining where to find all the folders/files to delete to clean things up. But I can't find it! I've scanned the tutorials, but I'm overlooking it (or maybe getting too old). Can anyone point me to this procedure?

A:Clean Up After Purchasing Additional Windows 8 Keys

Originally Posted by rchris

As you know, you can purchase additional Windows 8 Pro Upgrade keys (up to five--and today is the last day for the cheaper price) via the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant... you just burn an ISO rather than continuing with the install.

But if you're not upgrading to Win8 on the computer that you used to get the keys, you're left with all the system files and stuff that were downloaded by the Upgrade Assistant. Somewhere--I think on this forum--I saw a procedure explaining where to find all the folders/files to delete to clean things up. But I can't find it! I've scanned the tutorials, but I'm overlooking it (or maybe getting too old). Can anyone point me to this procedure?

Check out this thread. You may have (probably have) only one of each of the files, etc., mentioned below. Be sure and check out the "hidden" link. "%UserProfile%" refers to your user folder at C: > Users.

2. Next, delete the hidden%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebSetup and C:\ESD folders to get rid of the downloaded installation files.

3. Next, delete the Install Windows shortcut on your desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19341-clean-up-after-purchasing-additional-windows-8-keys.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently had put in a new hard drive Western Digital WD Blue TB RPM as the Seagate Barracuda that had previously come new with this HP Pavilion - which originally came with Windows but now runs Windows Ultimate x is no longer in good condition I had used a tool to transfer all of my old data and I was able to move them over successfully Everything so far seems to be working as normal except for one thing The FN Keys that I have on my keyboard Xtreme Gaming Wired Gaming Keyboard now no longer not on Shortcuts Keys New Install Custom Drive after + FN Hard Working function as they previously did on the other hard drive I have tried various methods of getting it to work to no avail There is no option in my bios to enable Action Keys I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HID Drivers with no success and I have installed all the updates that were available to again no success I've even tried plugging it into different USB ports with again no success I am running out of options here and am getting very frustrated with the lack of ability to do this Is there anything that could hopefully fix this problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388735-fn-keys-shortcuts-not-working-after-custom-install-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there Recently switched a laptop for a family member back from Windows to Windows thought all would be fine but am running into some issues The laptop is an HP Envy Sleekbook sa HP ENVY Sleekbook - sa Product Specifications HP Support - and their site only lists drivers for windows After some googling I managed to find drivers for most things apart from the touch pad which is overly sensitive to clicks and not sensitive enough to movement Windows working" "Application 7 stopped with clean has install now I'm sure that this could be fixed however with the correct driver but do not know where to find it Anyone The HP site says the touchpad is a HP ImagePad with on off button The biggest problem "Application has stopped working" with clean Windows 7 install though is that a LOT of programs such as itunes vlc etc did not work the first time I tried to run them saying quot Application name here has stopped working quot "Application has stopped working" with clean Windows 7 install after clicking on their shortcut However if I then set them to run in compatibility mode for Windows they'd work fine Not a huge issue but it is irritating and I'd like to know if anyone has any idea if it's fixable I wonder if this too could be a driver issue Though it's so inconsistent on which programs it does it with that I have really no idea Weirdly the first program this error surfaced with was when trying to run the Windows Performance Index thing is the only additional info I can think of to start with Any help appreciated thanks

A:"Application has stopped working" with clean Windows 7 install

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Try the Driver in the Link below ...

Drivers & software for HP ProBook 4540s Notebook PC - HP Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/336522-application-has-stopped-working-clean-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am unable to create a new folder by any means in Windows 7. From within Windows Explorer if I select the "New Folder" option, nothing happens. No folder is created. This is a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell Optiplex 780 that I bought
from KVCC Computer Lab. The install is less than 24 hours old. And I am already facing multiple problems

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cf369ed1-e600-41f9-9840-00be27cd706e/quotnew-folderquot-not-working-clean-install-of-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently bought a  Dell Inspiron I3168, upgraded the ram to 8 GB. The volume down button on the side is not working. I have reinstalled the Quickset driver and done a reset with no luck. Any possible solutions?

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19991717
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Guys,

This is Driving me insane.
My Mic Boost slider is not working since i Installed Windows 7 in my desktop
Downloaded the latest realtek drivers, and still it doesn't move
It's set to 0.0, its not grayed out or anything, just not sliding.
The microphone works, but extremely low even though mic volume is set to max.
i have to pretty much need to have the thing inside my mouth so people can hear me.
I tried the slider both in Windows Sound config setup and the realtek sound manager they both do not move.
I set the device as default as well.
turned on, and off the enhancements with no luck

I would deeply appreciate if any of you guys have a solution for this.

Thank you for your time

A:Mic Boost Slider Not Working

Which version of Win 7 are you running? (RC 7100, etc)?

Onboard Audio and driver - Realtek?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/21111-mic-boost-slider-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I was just reading things and suddenly my screen blacked out entirely. For whatever reason, I felt like I should shut down the computer and restart, and now my screen is permanently dimmed. I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on a toshiba laptop, if that helps.
I've tried the power options menu and nothing worked. The brightness slider worked fine before, of course.

A:Brightness slider not working at all

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. What is the exact Model Number of your Laptop ? Do your Function Keys work ?

Read the Link below and tap on each Key to see what effect it has ...
http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products...function-keys/
Also please perform a System Scan and Post the results ..

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339377-brightness-slider-not-working-all.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My current installation has been upgraded several times from Windows 8 to Windows 10. What do I need to do to wipe the current installation on the SSD and do a new clean install?

A:Clean Install on a Working SSD?

For an SSD just do a clean install, and choose custom, when the partitioning option comes up, and delete all partitions, then let the installer set the partitions.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
After installation Windows will run garbage collection and TRIM, and nothing will remain of past installs.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62779-clean-install-working-ssd.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I ve been having problems with my computer at times its install working Not XP-Pro Clean slow or it will work just fine and or it will freeze up where I couldn t do anything keyboard and mouse not working So I would just restart and the computer would take forever to boot up When I was able to get on I thought its a virus again so I scan with my virus software and run a scan for adware Nothing came up except some minor XP-Pro Clean install Not working tracking cookies I also try going in safe mode to see if it is one many programs that is taking up the cpu Even booting in to safe mode took for ever and when I got on it froze Then I decide I just need to do a clean install of windows I was able to boot from my cd and I would get to the setup screen it just gives me the title of the screen quot Windows Professional Setup quot everything is blank just a blue screen with the title So is there anything else I can do or should I give up and just get a new computer My computer is years old and I think its time but if I can get one more year out it I would like to try Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated

A:XP-Pro Clean install Not working

Hi .

System manufacturer and model?

This CD...is it a MS Genuine XP CD...or a CD which was provided by the system manufacturer for restore/recovery purposes?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/349336/xp-pro-clean-install-not-working/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have seen a lot on clean installs but all guides are from like 2009. Is clean install still a way to install windows 7 with upgrade disc on a new hdd?

Also if this is possible... since i have a hdd with vista on it and i have the licence how do i install 7 with the licence and a black hdd?

A:Is clean install still working?

Hello Illway, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Yes, they still work. That is just the date that the tutorial was first created on, but all of our tutorials are constantly updated for any changes.

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/94286-clean-install-still-working.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently spilled some sticky liquor on my laptop while it was on. it was a little and it only got the h v b n and space keys. my laptop works okay but needless to say those keys are sticking seriously. i checked the thread and people keep saying to clean under the keys. please how can i clean under the keys and with what. i have a sony vaio Z1WA notebook.

A:please someone help.seriously sticking keys. need to know how to clean under keys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-someone-help-seriously-sticking-keys-need-to-know-how-to-clean-under-keys.422638/
Relevancy 57.62%

Folks,
I'm trying to do a clean install of XP home edition, on a sager 5660 to give to
my son, but I keep recieving a message that "line 24 of INF file \$WIN_NTS$. ~BT\winnt.sif is invalid and reports that set-up will not proceed. Is there any way to validate this file?
Appreciate any help, Thanks redbim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-clean-install-not-working-inf-line-24.233972/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just clean installed windows 7 because my BCD was deleted and there was no way to recover it, now I can't connect to the internet

the internet works on my android and if I tether it to my PC

I tried pinging Google on cmd and it just said request timed out then sometimes it pings then again request timed out
anyone knows how to fix this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400281-internet-not-working-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Just tried to reinstall office 10 and once again, I cannot get it to work correctly. Office starts up and seems to be running fine, but the moment that I click anything I get an error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: WINWORD.EXE
Application Version: 14.0.4762.1000
Application Timestamp: 4bae25b7
Hang Signature: 0a09
Hang Type: 128
Waiting on Application Name: spoolsv.exe:spoolss
Waiting on Application Version: 0.0.0.0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 0a09284b02439dd6fcc01fb56d7bc43a
Additional Hang Signature 2: 90c8
Additional Hang Signature 3: 90c860732f9e27b9602af2f4e15157a8
Additional Hang Signature 4: 0a09
Additional Hang Signature 5: 0a09284b02439dd6fcc01fb56d7bc43a
Additional Hang Signature 6: 90c8
Additional Hang Signature 7: 90c860732f9e27b9602af2f4e15157a8

A:Clean install still not working correctly

Go to search
Type services
in services make sure that spooler service is set to automatic

I think that it may be named printer spooler

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/123914-clean-install-still-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I just built an i7-3820 on a P9X79 with a OCZ ssd and its not running as well as I thought it would. Its quick, but Im getting a lot of applications freezing up and haveing to be forced closed.

It took me a few full installs to get the set up right so I had to install 7ult a few times, but I couldnt imagine that would matter.

Plus if I created a back up disk and ISO then factory reset the drive with OCZ's software then loaded the ISO I would be back at square one.

Ive tried most of the "optimaziation" tricks on the forums but wont get to involved because of my limited knowledge.

anyone have any ideas why there could be errors and what I can do about it?

A:clean install 7ult not working the way it should

It sounds like driver problems. Where did you get your hardware (motherboard chipset, audio, video, etc) drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241485-clean-install-7ult-not-working-way-should.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok so heres the deal I got a new computer installed xp pro everything worked fine etc It sometimes froze for no reason maybe once a week which i had to restart to fix Then install, the working Clean day next stops one day i got a bsod but i restarted and it worked fine again The next time it froze and after i restarted everything was weird icons all weird no programs worked start bar missing start menu appeared halfway up the screen if you pressed windows key no task manager things like that Im not sure if all these events are linked So i reinstalled windows yesterday and everything was fine again Clean install, stops working the next day Today after yet another freeze windows wouldnt start up When the windows loading screen usually appeared there was only a black Clean install, stops working the next day screen To elaborate when i say freeze its not a sudden freeze I might try opening a folder on a network it lags i get impatient open task manager firefox tab back press windows button etc then it freezes I checked the voltages and temps theyre all fine Very weird help appreciated specs are xp pro amd athlon dual core ghz asus m n-mx se mobo gigs a-data ram x gig w silverstone psu no gfx card

A:Clean install, stops working the next day

hello mr lemmon

could you check the event veiwer to see what type of errors you are generating

also try removing one of the sticks of ram then try again , then repace with the other then see if it happens / one of them might of gone screwy on you

post back the errors from the event veiwer

make sure you check them all in the event veiwer (logs)

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/clean-install-stops-working-the-next-day-203952.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a friends laptop that the synaptic touchpad gets extremely hot and PC doesn't reconize it. Vista 32 home basic, have downloaded drivers and to no avail. doesn't even recognize a mouse plugged into a USB.

Relevancy 57.62%

My Ideapad S415 touch screen has suddenly stopped working.  I've had a tech connect to my PC and try a BIOS reload of default settings, plus unistalling all "HID" devices in Device Manager with no resolution.  I've also tried a system restore with no luck. The system properties does see the touch capability. Suggestions? Thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Ideapad S415 Touch - touch screen stopped working

hi Hersh,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

First do a Power Drain 
     (If the battery is removable)
            Remove AC and Battery and hold the power button down for 15 sec.
               Turn the computer back on and see if the Touch capability is now detected under System Properties,
                  If not
         I suggest you contact Lenovo Technical Team about the Issue as this may be a device detection issue.
       Lenovo Technical Team

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Ideapad-S415-Touch-touch-screen-stopped-working/td-p/1542316
Relevancy 57.19%

I am trying to alter the amount of disk space usage for restore points. The slider is set at 1%, it moves but I cannot apply the change and it reverts to 1%. This messge appears:

Could not apply the settings for the following reason: The file name directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect (0X8007007B)

I am having problems with the DVD disappearing so need to keep several restore points and they are disappearing because insufficient space is allocated. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Adjust Disk Space slider not working

Sounds like you may have some corrupted system files, try a full scan to see what turns up.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/177302-adjust-disk-space-slider-not-working.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This is the deal When I record things with Fraps the audio is really awkward It sounds like the bass has been turned upp a trillion times The thing is that I've searched this forum and others for a solution and I've tried several of them None seems to be working The thing is that I need to lower the volume of my stereo mix setting to make this work with fraps apparently However the problem is that I can't change it The setting is Mix slider not working! volume Help appreciated! Stereo there but I just can't change the volume The slider isn't even greyed out it just won't budge I've also seen that this appears to be a Stereo Mix volume slider not working! Help appreciated! common problem with Realtek audio as other people seems to have the same issue not being able to slide the volume and I've even tried some sollutions fidgeting with the Realtek HD Audio Manager like changing the frequency to a lower setting No dice Any advice would be really appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stereo-mix-volume-slider-not-working-help-appreciated-465472.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Attempting clean install of Win 7 Pro 64-bit to new SSD installed  in Latitude E6510; system boots, unable to connect to the Internet because network adapters not working:
Adapters:

Intel 82577LM Gigabit Connection
Intel Advanced N-6250
Intel WiMax 6250
Virtual WiFi Miniport  Adapter
Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2

What should I do?  
KCav

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19994867
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm a moron and figured it out, please delete the thread.

A:Clean install from Upgrade disc not working

I'm a moron...

Ignore everything, and please delete the thread. I got it fixed. Just don't put in the activation key during the install

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/166699-clean-install-upgrade-disc-not-working.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So I recently did a fresh install of on my clean Ethernet while on 8.1 does install wifi not working custom rig Hardware's all about years old Encountered some issues with memory bad stick identified and BSODs Killer NIC seemed to be the cause These issues are Ethernet not working while wifi does on clean 8.1 install presented here http answers microsoft com thread - dfc c After removing the Killer NIC i tried using the onboard Intel V gigabit controller Here's where i encountered this new issue windows network diagnostics tells me quot Ethernet quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration the built in diagnostics for the card say quot This adapter is configured to obtain an IP address automatically but no DHCP server is present on the network Windows selected an IP address using Alternate Private IP Addressing quot I then bit the bullet and did another clean install The first driver I then installed was the onboard NIC with the driver provided by Intel https downloadcenter intel com dow r-Windows- - - same thing I'm nearing the end of my rope and considering just upgrading my mobo and CPU recently installed on my custom rig Intel z bc board with an i k and GTX Ran into some issues with memory bad stick removed and BSODs Killer NIC identified as the culprit most of my situation is outlined here MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS - Microsoft Community I bit the bullet and did another clean install first thing installed is the latest driver for my intel V gigabit controller encountered the same issues as before

A:Ethernet not working while wifi does on clean 8.1 install

Can you manually enter the information?
What type of Internet service are you using (DSL, etc.) and are you connecting through a Router?

See this Internet Options - Open in Windows 8[1]=Networking Internet
And IP Address of Default Gateway - Find in Windows[1]=Networking Internet

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67942-ethernet-not-working-while-wifi-does-clean-8-1-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I recently did a clean install on my existing laptop with a new hard drive I used the recovery discs that were provided to me when I purchased the computer - refurbished through Best Buy I believe The problem is when the installation process was completed numerous drivers were not working My system is an Asus U A MB Version U A with Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Now two concerns I have are this when I was installing windows I was never prompted for my quot of quot recovery disc and when prompted for the driver disc disc of didn t work here I inserted the Driver Utility Disc that came with my purchase - after this completed I saw the disc said quot for Vista -bit only quot The hardware and drivers I am having problems with are my webcam my mouse touchpad my video card my network card and my wireless card I have uninstalled removed the drivers and reinstalled using the drivers provided on the ASUS website for -bit Vista I have also tried drivers from the manufacturer s websites Intel etc After every attempt I see the following message in device manager quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error Windows cannot load the device driver CODE quot The computer has SP and Working Drivers Install Clean After Numerous Not the latest BIOS I am not incredibly knowledgeable on this and I am completely stumped Your help is greatly Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install appreciated Thank you Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install

A:Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install

Can you boot to your Windows Vista OS by now? Right-click My Computer and check Properties - System type (32 or 64 bit) and exact OS installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469340/numerous-drivers-not-working-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 56.76%

i have installed a clean win 10 pro for my x1 "20BTS0Y500" but after that the fingerprint does not working. I have installed the last driver for fingerprint "Validity Fingerprint Common Driver" but the issue is still not resolve.  BR

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/finger-printer-not-working-after-install-clean-win-10-pro-quot/td-p/3414776
Relevancy 56.76%

The touchscreen stopped working suddenly on my Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook - dx At first i though it was like a normal failure and that will get fixed by turning the pc off or restarting so I did not pay attention to it until now that I screen- not touch touch... HID-compliant to working, use unable had restart my pc multiple times Currently running win I started to believe it was because of an update a few days ago since it was when the problem started but all drivers and everything is up to date I have checked for the HID-compliant Touch Screen driver and had to nbsp show hidden divices in order to find it I cannot enable it and when i check in the properties HID-compliant touch screen- not working, unable to use touch... the following message displays nbsp Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer nbsp I have no idea on how to connect or how it got disconnected I come from a similar thread but did not solve my problem I have been researching this for hours and have not found and answer Help please nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HID-compliant-touch-screen-not-working-unable-to-use/td-p/5747198
Relevancy 56.76%

My X tablet comes with pen and limited touch support with touch points I have no issues on windows but on windows it has changed to be working with on ... X220 tablet one working Only touch touch point only touch point since nbsp some time nbsp that I don't remember exactly when So that I Only one touch point working on X220 tablet touch ... can work with one finger only and -finger functions Only one touch point working on X220 tablet touch ... such as pinch to zoom are unavailable nbsp My drivers are all uptodate I think I should completely uninstall the related driver before reinstalling but don't know how to procede and couldn't find the solution nbsp I tried uninstalling all HIDs through nbsp Device manager and one-by-one specifically wacom device when I uninstall it I lose touch option completely but reinstalling through Device Manager sounds like recovering exactly the previous faulty condition Maybe there is a conflict with windows like Microsoft Input nbsp Configuration Device which might be unlikely nbsp nbsp So is there any other way to have full wipe and clean reinstall of those touch screen drivers I appreciate it if you put links to the drivers for me if they are not available on Lenovo Support nbsp Tell me if you had the same touch issue in Windows nbsp and how you solved it nbsp Thanks nbsp Device manager JPG KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Only-one-touch-point-working-on-X220-tablet-touch-screen/td-p/3359672
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everyone, my touch screen on my lenovo ideapad z400 touch is not working anymore.  The only weird thing I remember is some ghost touchpoint on my screen. I've been looking for the answer to this issue, but it seems that Lenovo does not address this problem.  If someone has found the solution to this problem and wants to share it with me, I will be forever grateful.  

A:IdeaPad z400 Touch - Touch screen not working

I facing the same situation right now. any solution please. left side of monitor is being "touched"?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/IdeaPad-z400-Touch-Touch-screen-not-working/td-p/2225587
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey Everyone

Started typing on my internal laptop keyboard today and reliased that mainly keys a b and n were not working.
So I decided to clean them by taking off the key and white holder, then used a cloth to clean all the dust etc.. both under the rubber button and around it. This still didn't work however, so I then decided to uninstall and reinstall the driver as well. However this didn't work either.

Its probably best to try and buy a new one off e-bay, but before I do this does anyone else have any suggestions?

Also interesting, a b and n seems to be a popular combination of keys for other toshiba laptops that don't seem to be working... (Using a USB keyboard atm to type which works fine)

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46019-toshiba-l750-keys-leftshift-b-n-keys-not-working-suddenly.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I think I have a virus or malware and have been unable to get rid of it after many tries, and I am having multiple problems with this home built computer running Windows 7Pro 64bit. I installed a retail version of Windows 7Pro 64bit and I have my original installation disk. I want to do a clean erase of my 480GB SSD and then a clean install of the same Windows 7Pro 64bit. Can you tell me how and provide any cautions etc. Thanks.

A:How can I do a clean erase of my SSD to clean install Windows 7?

Hello Joseph,

If you like, a normal clean install will also wipe the drive before installing.

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/319936-how-can-i-do-clean-erase-my-ssd-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi, i have a 3 month old lenovo g400s touch laptop. has worked great till earlier today when certin keys on the keyboard stopped responding..... t y [ ] shift, caps lock and backspace no longer work.  thank god for the touch screen keyboard.  any thoughts on what i can do? i have removed4he battery and restarted, checked sticky keys ad thats ok.  thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:g400s touch laptop, t y [ ] and some other keys no...

hi rahul1971,

Welcome to the Forums.

If booting in Safe Mode gives you the same keyboard keys not responding then the problem is likely with the keyboard itself (or the keyboard ribbon). In this case, a replacement is necessary. I would recommend you contact lenovo and report the problem as you may need to send the unit for service.

Support phone list

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/g400s-touch-laptop-t-y-and-some-other-keys-not-working/td-p/1855104
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, I have a pavillion laptop, and I want to change the color of the one-touch keys. The color is green by default, and I would like to change it. However, there's not option that allows this like the Pavillion desktop. Any other ways around this? Thanks!

Relevancy 56.33%

I'm trying to set the Proxy slider to YES but it doesn't stay put. If I slide it, it goes to ON but when I leave the screen and then return to it, the slider reads OFF. It doesn't take.
I need help with this one!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44374-auto-detect-proxy-slider-switch-not-working.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hello i upgraded my acer aspire m1640 to win 7 , everythings ok except my zotac ge210 512mb quit working ive spent hours upon hours trying to disable the onboard graphics, i need help badly my wow wont plat properly ty

A:graphics card quit working after a clean install of win 7

When an add-on graphics card is detected in one of the PCI slots, the BIOS usually disables the on-board graphics automatically to avoid conflicts. At least that's how it works on every system I've worked on over the past 15 years.

Did you install a Windows 7 driver for the Zotac nVidia card? : http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=100059&lang=en

If Zotac do not have a Windows 7 driver for the ge210 model, you'll have to remove it and fit something else.
That's one of the pitfalls of upgrading or downgrading Windows without first checking the driver availability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-quit-working-after-a-clean-install-of-win-7.1024922/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I have one system. system working slow.i checked that there is sound coming from HDD and also ran Diagnostics utility its said HDD failed. then i bought another HDD,reinstalled Windows xp.as soon as after installation completed i rebooted an it got freezed,very slow, HDD light is also not blinking continiously.it blinks after specific period(e.g. -when clicking on start it freezes after that HDD light blinks.and then u can see start menu then again freezes.)this HDD also making litle bit noise.
what could be the couse ? should i reinstalled OS again with diffrent media ?
is there problem with RAM?or with MOBO? or CABLE ?or SMPS ?or again with newly bought HDD ?
let me know any other utility to diognose HDD?
Newly bought HDD is samsung 160 GB.

Please Help

Relevancy 56.33%

I just re-installed Windows XP Professional from the CD. I did not use the recovery CD that came with the computer because it restored the system to its original state which means lots and lots of useless software. However, the clean installation does not have, that I know, drivers for my sound card, so I cannot hear anything from the speakers and when I go to Control Panel, System, Hardware Settings, the Sound Devide, PCI Simple Controller, and Video Controller all have a yellow question mark. Is there a way to get drivers for these devices without having to resort to a re-install using the factory CD? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 56.33%

I've been very frustrated with my computer recently It crashed one day when I was listening to music I rebooted only to find out it hangs at starting windows Tried to go into recovery tools and this or that but kepts getting BSOD Usually Memory related Now I downloaded and Can't Live Disks & Boot working. install. clean not burned a Windows boot disk amp a Backtrack Boot & Live Disks not working. Can't clean install. R boot disk Checked the md hash on the downloads and it checked out Both disks booted and operated on my second computer but not my trouble computer My Windows boot disk hangs at Starting Windows My Linux boot disk hanged after startx And now won't boot due to HDD errors I can post specifics later if necessary Again both disks worked fine on my other computer Thought it was a corrupted HDD so I ran Seagate SeaToolsforDos on a cd and my HDD passed all the tests I also ran MemTest but I didn't really know how to read anything I was seeing Do you think it's related to my memory or something else It seems like I can't really boot into any GUI environments even on LiveCD's

A:Boot & Live Disks not working. Can't clean install.

If the hard drive can pass the long test it's most likely fine. If the RAM is bad you'll know from doing several passes in memtest. It will show the errors very clearly.

Try to boot a linux distro from a USB and see if it work any differently. Also try a boot disc without the hard drive disconnected just to see if that changes anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/boot-and-live-disks-not-working-cant-clean-install-694872.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,Having a problem with my laptop keyboard where the hotkey function buttons have suddenly stopped working as they used to. Pressing any of the hot keys results in an f1-12 rather than the previous function of changing volume, toggling keyboard lights and changing brightness etc. This happened around the time of me installing some new drivers for an audio interface so may be related to that. Ive tried going into the BIOS and toggling the hotkey option on and off, and installing hp quick launch software but nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance - C. Hounslow

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-Hot-keys-not-working-eg-brightness-volume-keys/td-p/5758786
Relevancy 55.9%

My friend dropped his laptop and so he's got it connected to a little TV. It's in-tact, but for some reason, the touch-keys at the top of his keyboard are blinking constantly, which result in the sound, mute, wifi and everything notices blinking every second.

Does anybody know how to disable the touch-keys? These are NOT the function keys. I really couldn't find anything through Google...
If I have to go through BIOS, could someone tell me the specific fn key to press? The screen is so bad, I couldn't tell which key to press during startup.

A:Disabling Touch-keys on a Gateway NV58

User manual is under Start, All Programs, Gateway. If you can't see to get there then the User Manual is at http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/gateway/MU20100104_PTB_User_Guide_1110.pdf.

Try this one at http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals/gateway/MUW_SJV50_eRecovery_Ref_Gde_0323.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-touch-keys-on-a-gateway-nv58.990977/
Relevancy 55.9%

There are several ways of attacking encryption systems. At one end of the spectrum, there are flaws and weaknesses in the algorithms themselves that make it easier than it should be to figure out the key to decrypt something. At the other end, there are flaws and weaknesses in human flesh and bones that make it easier than it should be to force someone to offer up the key to decrypt something.

Stealing encryption keys through the power of touch

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545344/stealing-encryption-keys-through-the-power-of-touch/
Relevancy 55.9%

I need help with now a reproducible problem.
I have 2 identical HP Pavilion dv4 laptops running Vista Home Premium x64.
After installing Silverlight plugin on a clean machine, the USB mouse stopped working with all of my mice.
Uninstall of Silverlight is not helping. It seems like Silverlight somehow corrupts the drivers (or maybe some other problem) that prevent the USB mouse from working.
The touch mouse is still OK.

I've been struggling with this for a while and spent ton of time without any progress.
I do need to use Silverlight in my work and I have to have an external mouse.
Please, help. This problem makes my two laptops useless. And they are fairly new (few months old).

Thanks a lot!!

A:USB mouse stopped working after Silverlight 3.0 install on a clean Vista x64

Hi,

What does Device Manager look like? Have you tried to update your mouse drivers from Device Manager? If you have, why is this not working, is there an error message? With an error message etc. as a starting block, we may be able to help you. I will continue to look into this for you, but an error message would be very helpful. Did you silverlight install go well or did it crash half way through?

Hope your problem is fixed soon,

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/266638-usb-mouse-stopped-working-after-silverlight-3-0-install-clean-vista-x64.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So I've had Windows 10 for a while now, but suddenly my ''e'' and ''3'' key stopped working.
I tried updating it through device manager, and I tried to do the little filter keys thing, after which it worked for like 30 minutes, but then it stopped working again.
I have an ASUS F554LD-XX630H.

A:Windows 10 certain keys not working.

As those keys are close together I wonder if the keyboard contacts have got damaged in some way by dirt or liquid getting under the keys.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53004-windows-10-certain-keys-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.47%
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm at my wits end with windows 8 / 8.1. I'd really love to install windows 7. I googled, and discovered that there are enough drivers out there to get win 7 to work.. but no mention of whether touch will continue to work. If You can keep touch, can someone point me to where the driver is to do so? Or what steps I have to do to get touch working in win7 for the yoga 13. Thanks in advance!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Yoga 13 with with windows 7 - Keep touch working?

I did this to a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro: There should be up to three folders to look for in the root of the hard drive. SWTOOLS - Has a lot of the additional software driven components, Drivers - The factory default driver set (many of which will work in Windows 7), and an additional SW***** (something, can't recall of the top of my head). Back up these three folders on an external drive of some kind. Copy the factory restore items off as well, just in case to an external.Next, create the QDrive or Factory Restore disks for the machine. If you don't like Windows 7, at least this way you can get back to 8/8.1.The next is really up to how you want to install Windows 7. I used the ImageX approach, creating a Windows 7 Ultimate source machine with all of the software, drivers, and applications installed. I generalized that machine, captured out the Windows 7 build (which had all of those folders we copied from above). I then used the ImageX Apply method to put that generalized .wim image to the Lenovo.I had to put the BIOS into Legacy mode, and enable USB Boot. I booted from a WinPE 3.1 environment using a bootable USB I created for Enterprise deployments.Notice, I am skipping a LOT of details. Like what is a WinPE, how to make one, what is a .wim file and how to handle the boot partitions. If you are technical savvy you can save a lot of hassle and get Windows 7 onto the machine.If not, skip the whole ImageX and try to boot from an install DVD and do the build up from the external drive as you go. sysprep of a second machine just gives you one last out, in case something fails to be compatible. In my case, touch screen, and just about everything except the G-Sensors/Screen Rotation Lock button worked on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-13-with-with-windows-7-Keep-touch-working/td-p/1408245
Relevancy 55.47%

I've upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. The touch pad drivers I've found online do not have a proper configuration application that allows all the setting options that I used to have with Windows 7. I want to turn off all tap functionality completly on the touchpad and only allow the buttons to be used for tap/click. I am frequently accidentally touching the pad while typing which moves the cursor so I'm typing where I don't want to be typing and it selects some link and I've lost what I'm typing. I don't even have to touch the pad, just wave a thumb or finger close to it. It's that sensative and so annoying it's making the laptop unliveable. Please help!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/is-there-a-quot-working-quot-Windows-10-touch-pad-driver-for-an/td-p/434185/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, Aspire Switch 10 notebook.I have upgraded to windows 10 and now my keyboard and touch pad dont work!  Any help would be appreciated.  I cannot seem to find any driver or other updates. 

A:keyboard and touch pad not working after windows 1...

kirkby3421,

Remove the drivers, do a restart, and let Windows 10 install the drivers.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/keyboard-and-touch-pad-not-working-after-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/384058/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

I bought hp notebook pc a month ago and neither install many apps nor upgraded my windows but sill windows 8.1 (built-in) is working worst. The touchpad as well as keypad keep hanging every time and works only after restarting pc many times. No apps ain't running properly & performance is worst so kindly fix this problem. I'll be thankful to you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-touch-pad-keypad-ain-t-working/td-p/5672153
Relevancy 55.47%

I upgraded my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  Since upgrading the Touch Screen / Screen functions are no longer available or working.   I checking windows itself  there is no Pen or touch input available for this display?Please Help 

A:Windows 10 Touch Screen not working?

Me too. HP Envy 15t-j100 quad. Currently on hold with HP tech support via Costco Concierge. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Windows-10-Touch-Screen-not-working/td-p/5185292
Relevancy 55.47%

The touch screen functionality is no longer working and I have no idea why. Please help as I am not very good with computers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/touch-screen-not-working-windows-10/td-p/5623523
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been having this odd problem for awhile now I use the touch keyboard on my non touch pc just for onscreen convenience More often than not for some unknown and odd reason if I press a key it will type a foreign language instead It seems to be reverting to a to Reverting Language Foreign Keyboard Keys Touch German font And I have no idea why Or where the setting for this would be My language fonts for the pc are all set to US English as far as I know I think it depends on how long I hold the key down I'm not sure Is Touch Keyboard Reverting to Foreign Language Keys there a language setting just for the touch Touch Keyboard Reverting to Foreign Language Keys keyboard that I'm missing This is totally different from the regular onscreen keyboard I'm specifically using the one that says Touch And I'm running Win I have checked my pc's language settings and they are for US English So what would make the touch keyboard keep reverting to a German font I know it's German because it's typing the Eszett that's the s that looks like a B And it does other foreign characters as well

A:Touch Keyboard Reverting to Foreign Language Keys

Hi Carri, welcome to the Eight Forums.

Please click the Touch Keyboard input language selection button and tell us which input languages the menu shows.

Step 1: Click the selector:

(Click screenshots to enlarge)
Step 2: Tell us all input languages the list shows:

Let's start from that.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47396-touch-keyboard-reverting-foreign-language-keys.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Did a reinstallation for a lady went fine she has xp pro on the computer
Dell usually or use to send a driver disk with your computer but they didn't with this one. I have the wired part working I am on the internet everythng working great except the wireless. usaully just press the fn and the wirless button and it comes on. Went to dell site and got to the drivers for the vostro 1014 but nothing works, I really need some help here to get her wireless going. I think there is an application I have to run for the adaptor to show or something I am not doing, it shows the wired card and like I said on internet working good. The service tag is BXMXXK1 CAN someone help me get the application and driver I need to get this going, PLEASE, really need some help

A:Solved: dell vostro 1014 did clean install can't get wireless working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-vostro-1014-did-clean-install-cant-get-wireless-working.959519/
Relevancy 55.04%

Both of my shift keys have stopped working and i cant use upper and lower case with shift or use special characters with shift.  Have read other suggestions by checking on active sticky keys, which are off. Need help and instruction on how to fix problem or any other suggestion. Please and thank you, Edgar.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Both-shift-keys-are-not-working-and-sticky-keys-is-off/td-p/5788313
Relevancy 55.04%

Good day sir! I am using Envy Msix touchsmart. As you can see I can't type the number six or any number because my  keyboard is not working properly. Function keys are not working also. Can you tell me how to fix this problem? I will thank you in advance. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Function-keys-numpad-and-other-keys-not-working/td-p/5660185
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Commodore Laptop (Argentina) and all the keys that have a FN function attached to them do not work as their normal function any more - this happened after lending the laptop to my kids....

I think it may be FN lock, but can-t find any way to unlock it.

Any ideas please.

Many thanks.

A:Keys that have FN functions on them not working as normal keys

Check the Manual on the model's Support Downloads webpage for key combo to unlock: http://www.ehow.com/how_4968993_unlo...ey-laptop.html

Try updating or reinstalling the hotkeys driver from the model's Support Downloads webpage. Driver Install - Device Manager

While there look also for any downloadable fixes for these key functions or related.

It may also be disabled in msconfig>Startup. You can google the listings there to see what they're for. Normally you only need your AV checked and the rest are freeloaders, but some models require hotkey software to be running at startup if it provides anciliiary functions like backlighting, function toggling, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286994-keys-have-fn-functions-them-not-working-normal-keys.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I inadvertantly switched on sticky keys. I have since switched it off but my backspace, arrow keys and Fn keys no longer work

Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having a keyboard issue - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V - G laptop N its currently running windows and I downloaded the anniversary update in september not sure don't remember exactly - But after the second week of October i think certain keys on my keyboard have just stopped working for no reason at all - Specifically the letters - W E R Y and the TAB key and recently I noticed the Windows Key is also not working - They do not work at all and nothing happens when I press these keys - As far I know the rest of the keys are working fine coz I did an online keyboard test or maybe some key I dont use aren't working n I missed it - 10) Certain working on keys keyboard(Windows not I don't know if the keys have stopped working bcoz of downloading the anniversary update or something else - I have tried removing the keys and cleaning under them with a soft-haired paintbrush coz I thought maybe there was dust under them that was obstructing the working of the keys but that dint change anything n keys were still not working after cleaning under them - Also days after I found this problem I did a system restore to a restore point that I had created about - days ago in the restore point I created everything including the keys was working fine thats y I decided to use the system restore But that dint work either the sys restore rolledback some updates but that was all the keys were still not working - And so afterwords I decided to look for answers on the net but I dint find anything helpful I did read somewhere that there could be a keyboard driver Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10) issue and so I checked Device Manager and tried updating the keyboard drivers but it said that the drivers are already updated - And also I read somewhere on the net that if your keyboard is not working you should try using the on-screen keyboard and check if the keys that are not working on the physical keyboard are working on the onscreen keyboard amp if the non working keys are also not working on the OSK then it might be an issue or something like that - so I tried using the OSK but all the keys are working fine on that n so now I don't know what's the problem on the physical keyboard - As of now I'm using the OSK for typing the letters that don't work but I want a proper solution for this Plz give me some answers for this - And if you need any more information of my laptop or have any questions please let me know N if your wondering how I typed this then i'm using my work computer P - Thanks to anyone who replies

A:Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10)

Plug in another keyboard and try that. If you haven't got one go to an Internet Caf? and plug in one of theirs.

Then you'll know if it is a hardware problem with your laptop keyboard (sounds like it is).

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69870-certain-keys-not-working-keyboard-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello 
I've wanted this help for like 3 days form now... there are some keys not working on my keyboard such as (w s t x ' ) idk if there is more keys but...
sometimes the keys works when i hold them for some seconds but i checked my filter keys and they were off
so please help me asap !!!
this problem happened to me i upgraded to windows 8
help pls

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e3a2998-26a9-4b4f-ae2a-dfb5bd39588f/help-me-some-keys-are-not-working-on-my-keyboard-windows-8?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 55.04%

So after much hesitation, I just upgraded to windows 10. Now I regret it. I used to be able to scroll via touchpad, now I can't. I looked up solutions and tried to go to Snaptics (On my computer it says 'Snaptics Clickpad V8.1' if that tells you anything), but when clicked it says: "Unable to connect to the Snaptics Pointing Device Driver. If you have installed another PS/2 pointing device driver please uninstall the snaptics driver by clicking on the yes button. you then need to reinstall your pointing device driver for your external device again. Do you want to uninstall the snaptics driver now?" And then gives yes or no options I'm not sure what this means, or what I need to do to fix it. Any help is appreciated!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Touch pad scrolling not working, Windows 10 upgrade

Hi, Try the following. First, download the Synaptics software installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72344.exe Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall. When this has completed, restart the notebook. When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again. Open windows Control Panel and in the top right, next to View by: select 'Large Icons'.  From the new layout, select the Synaptics entry and check that the scrolling options are checked and Save any change - see the image below.  Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Touch-pad-scrolling-not-working-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5463944
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I have a pavilion g6 note book almost 3 years old and for different reasons I had to switch between win7,8, Ubuntu operating systems, but both my keypad and touch pad doesn't respond at all, there is no issue with the red light in the keypad button. Please help me, I'm suffering the problem for a very long time and I am bound to use external USB devices for the same purpose.Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-pad-not-working-even-I-change-windows-7-8-ubuntu/td-p/5644496
Relevancy 55.04%

After updating windows 10 my touchscreen won't work in Chrome. How do I fix this?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Touch screen not working after windows 10 update

Hi, Welcome to HP support forum. Asus and Chrome are not from HP, touchscreen works on my HP machine with IE, Firefox and the new browser from Windows 10 called Edge. I think you need to update Chrome. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Touch-screen-not-working-after-windows-10-update/td-p/5174495
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows Store and Store Apps were not functioning after the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 update, so I attempted a fresh install of Windows 10. After successfully completing the update, the touch screen driver vanished, and the touch screen (and sound) stopped functioning. After runing the HP system tests, I found that all touch functions work fine outside of the Operating System (sound test failed), but would not work once windows began booting up. Device manager shows a single Unknown Device with the Device ID: ACPI\INT3401\0The Unknown Device reported the problem code: 0000001C Thank you in advance for your assistance.-Sayin

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-Screen-not-working-inside-Windows/td-p/5790461
Relevancy 55.04%

Good night,Yesterday I did the update to windowns 10 and after that my touch screen is not working. I tried everything that I knew for windowns 8.1 but nothing worked.Thank you

A:Touch screen not working after update to windows 10

Hello HPPavillion11, please perform the following steps to ensure everything is working: Step 1: Shutdown your PC.Step 2: Install Windows Updates.Step 3: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test     a.1: Plug the AC Adapter into the computer.     a.2: Press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds.     a.3: Turn on the computer and press the F2 key repeatedly.      a.4: When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen displays, click Component Tests.      a.5: Click Touchscreeen.      a.6 There are two interactive touch screen tests. Start by clicking Touch Pointer Test.       a.6 Read the on screen instructions, and click Run Once.       a.7:  Touch each block to erase them the test ends when all blocks are erased or after three minutes have passed and results are displayed.     a.8 Click the main menu to return to the UEFI Screen and click the second test.      a.9:  Click Compenent Tests, and then click Touchscreen  again.      a.10 Click Drag and Drop Test.      a.11: Read the on screen instructions, then click Run Once again.      a.12: Drag and drop the the blocks according to the screen. The test ends after all the blocks are repositioned, or after three minutes have passed. ------------------------------------------- If all else fails, please let me know so I can further assist you.  

~Techy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Touch-screen-not-working-after-update-to-windows-10/td-p/5173947
Relevancy 55.04%

please solve my problem as soon as possible

A:not working touch pad in hp d000nx after formatting windows ...

masscomputer Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums! According to the HP Product Page for your PC, it came with Windows 8.1 preinstalled, not Windows 8. If you reformatted the drive and installed Win8 in its place, that is a problem as HP does not supply drivers for OSs older than Win8.1 for this PC. To get full functionality on this PC, you need to factory restore it to Win8.1 -- and you would probably have to order HP Recovery Media to do that. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/not-working-touch-pad-in-hp-d000nx-after-formatting-windows/td-p/5607790
Relevancy 55.04%

I bought an asus F553MA with touch screen and after i updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10 the touch screen has been turned in to a genaric screen inside of hardware management. And the hid for touch monitor is no longer there

A:Touch screen not working after update to windows 10

Go to the manufacturer of your system and download the video card drivers for your device. Windows supports touch screens, but it can't do it without the drivers for the touch screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touch-screen-not-working-after-update-to-windows-10.1160187/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I have an Advent Monza S laptop I've recently upgraded to Windows installing since 10 not pad working touch Laptop Windows Before I upgraded my touch pad was working fine but after the upgrade my touch pad stopped working Once my laptop is turned on the cursor is not visable on the screen the touch pad is unresponsive too If I plug in an external mouse the cursor re-appears and I can control my computer that way although as soon Laptop touch pad not working since installing Windows 10 as I un-connect my external mouse the cursor stays on the screen but I can't control it with the touch pad I can un-install the touch pad drivers then re-install them from the Advent Laptop touch pad not working since installing Windows 10 webpage and the touch pad Laptop touch pad not working since installing Windows 10 will work perfectly until I turn my laptop off then when I switch my laptop back on I'm back to square one again and can't do anything unless I plug in my external mouse I've tried asking on the Advent forums but they don't seem to have had any traffic since early Any help would be great Cheers Mark

A:Laptop touch pad not working since installing Windows 10

Hello ObiDad. Welcome to the Forum

You don't say how old this laptop is or what operating system it came with, but that would be helpful to know.

The first thing I would try is to uninstall (remove) the touchpad from Device Manager. If the option is available remove the driver also. Then restart.
The important thing is that you try and remove all instances of any old drivers that may interfere with the generic driver installation.
Windows comes with a generic touchpad driver and that will be installed automatically and it may work right off, particularly if there is a driver conflict going on here.

If it works, then you could try and install the Advent driver. Only this time run the installer program (app) in Compatibility Mode. Use the compatibility mode for the operating system that the Advent driver is made for.
Compatibility Mode Settings for Apps - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

See if either or both of those things help.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37860-laptop-touch-pad-not-working-since-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%