Windows Support Forum

New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Q: New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I should worry about somehow fixing If so do you have any recommendations on how to do it I was reluctant to do anything that would have resulted in losing any data on that large drive as a whole or on that partition in particular but since finally gaining access to it and copying everything onto an external drive I can format the drive if necessary although another problem with partitions is with the first partition on that same big drive That partition is the one that I used to have Windows installed on The OS still sees it as a quot System Active Primary Partition quot in disk management and won t allow me to format it At this point I ve got enough storage that I m not terribly concerned about being unable to format the old Windows partition but it still bothers me to have that space being used by files programs that are no longer actually being used I do have games programs misc files on other partitions on that same drive so I d like to avoid having to do anything that would mean losing that data or having to shuffle it around to the smaller internal drive or the even smaller GB external one Any ideas on how to fix these issues would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 22.36%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 22.79%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys, while playing DOTA 2 (on lowest settings), I am experiencing the problem that my FPS is down to 30 almost all of the time. This started about a month ago and is really annoying to me, which is why I decided to updgrade my hardware in order to fix this problem. Now I am facing the problem though that I have no idea which parts of my hardware cause the low performance and thus need to be exchanged, some help would be very much appreciated.

I have the Medion Erazer X6817 with the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Some Additional Facts:

I use a LG 24MPHQ Monitor to display the game at 1920x1080 resolution
When playing RAM usage is constantly at about 3,2 GB, CPU Usage pending between 15 and 45
So what part of my notebook do I have to upgrade to improve my FPS?

A:Hardware Upgrade to fix low FPS?

If you can upgrade your RAM to 8 gigs that might help; it seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. Otherwise Dota 2 is not that demanding on hardware.

As one who is experiencing League of Legends disconnects I have found through the help of jobeard and Rage_3K_Moiz that it probably has to do with my internet connection. Here are 2 that I ran (both are safe) to check for Packet Loss:

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-to-fix-low-fps.208832/
Relevancy 22.79%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 23.65%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

if anyone can help ill be really thankful.
pc 1, 2 runnging win7 ultimate x64

1 adsl modem, 1 tp-link router, 2 computers (pc1, pc2).

ADSL(modem) - LAN1 - PC1 , LAN2 - Tp-link
Tp-link - LAN1 - PC2, WAN - ADSL(modem)

Everything is working, but computers cant see each other in HomeGroup.
Tried various methods but nothing work.

So my question is how to set HomeGroup for those 2 computers. Any suggestions?
Thank you

A:Win7 Homegroup problem

@Moirax . I can't answer your question, but your mention of Homegroup makes me ask what is it for? To avoid hijacking this thread,I'll PM you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-homegroup-problem.206524/
Relevancy 23.65%

There use to be an official site where one could buy the Alpha Shield but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what became of this product or if it's useful? I've only heard good things about it.

A:Whatever happened to the Alpha Shield hardware firewall?

Jskid, I just ran across your question (on Oct.28, 2014!) I bought one in 2004...it worked well until three years later when we moved to the Niagara Peninsula, at which time the unit simply cut all access to the Net. A tech tried it, and said "Toss it." A rather expensive lesson.
Brian, sadder/poorer/wiser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whatever-happened-to-the-alpha-shield-hardware-firewall.166371/
Relevancy 21.5%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 23.22%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi new to the forum and newbie-level in knowledge with handling for Safety and art junk in storing hardware hardware So sorry for how my questions sound Also I didn t know where else to put this I d just found out that computers have toxic parts and am just wondering I have some old laptops and parts Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art flash drives hard drives etc Are the levels of these metals in a few - flash drives laptops and hard drives high enough to be Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art considered toxic Anything else I should watch out for I want to store a bunch of old computers laptops flash drives and hard drives from old laptops until I get the time to sort them out to resell them but I live in the tropics and don t know how to store them properly Should I be worried about heat And I held and will hold internal parts the internal hard drives taken out of old laptops barehanded--is Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art that okay Or it s not dangerous unless they re broken up Is there a difference between internal hard drives and the internal parts of flash drives I admit I m also thinking of making money off of the laptops flash drives and parts by uh trying art I admit I m not an artist but I m thinking of taking that up as a hobby and yes additional income source in case the reselling doesn t work I know of someone who does something related with internal parts of old computers we re not close so I got the idea there Is this idea viable for me And if it can be done anything I have to watch out for Any precautions I have to take Can I for instance paint on or glue them will the paint or glue affect anything Which parts--the green board the black chips anything else my amateur mind hasn t picked up Drill holes or cut them anything--green board black chips etc via scissors knife to make a picture frame Christmas tree decor or a keychain If I make a keychain for instance will I have to watch what kind of material for the hook I should pick out Is it dangerous if I use a hammer to dismantle a flash drive I don t know how else to pry open the casing Can I do all of this barehanded About heat my only storage option is prone to getting hot I admit I am more worried about say the metal getting hot enough to release fumes and the like than about whether the parts get too damaged to work properly Would heat do that nbsp

A:Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art

I've never heard of this problem, but I suppose if lead-based solder was used, it could give off fumes. I'm not an expert in the field, but I have all kinds of old hardware parts that I've stored, dismantled, used, handled, melted, painted, what have you... never had any issues. Battery packs from laptops might be of concern though. They can fail and vent, resulting in fire or leakage of bad juju. Best toss them or store them properly (this you would have to research).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safety-in-storing-and-handling-hardware-for-junk-art.201627/
Relevancy 22.79%

I finally bit the bullet and upgraded yesterday Before installing the new OS I installed g of ram gb sticks Got thru all the installation BS my goodness Microsoft eats up a from Upgraded XP to Win7 lot to memory with all those updates Any way I was checking out the specs on my systems on the My Computer page and it only shows that I have g of Ram The other problem is I have a gb but it s only showing that I have gb total I know you want my system info so I ll do Upgraded from XP to Win7 the best I can AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Ghz bit I m going to check out my memory sticks Maybe one of them isn t seated properly I have them side by side as it was shown in my MB book but was wondering if I should skip a slot Also is there something I need to do about my drivers I m really worried about my HD space I know before the guy who built my system had a partition put in That got wiped out when I tried to to a repair on my Windows XP and had to do a clean install When I got the system back up and running it showed all my HD space now I m barely showing a third of the space that should be there I m really at a lost nbsp

A:Upgraded from XP to Win7

Well since no one is answering, I'll get you up to date. I found my lost HD memory and got it all back, so I'm at full capacity there. As for my sticks of RAM, I just don't know. I removed one, but the system wouldn't boot. Then I put the other one in and the system still wouldn't boot. So I put them both back in and the system booted right up. I'm getting the feeling that I bought 2 2gb or ram and ended up with 2 1gb sticks. Also, I thought the system was suppose to recognize when you put new ram in. Mine didn't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-from-xp-to-win7.203160/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello folks. I'm from Brazil. I would like to know if there is a good place to buy Computer parts and Gaming Laptop in Toronto. I'm going to Toronto soon and I'll study English at King George International College (150 Eglinton E. Toronto, ON M4P 1E8). Is there a Computer Store near from KGIC?

Thanks.

A:Where can I buy hardware in Toronto?

You can order parts from Newegg.ca or Amazon.ca and send them to your dorm room. As for hardware stores, I think a store called Frys is big in Canada.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-buy-hardware-in-toronto.192343/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I want to know if Motherboard GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H is suitable with the GPU unit GIGABYTE GV-N65TOC 1GI ??
how to know if that GPU unit will use what kind of PCI port??

thanks guys.

A:Help to match the hardware

Yes it will work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-match-the-hardware.201306/
Relevancy 22.36%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All Right problem As stated above my laptop does not recognize my external The drive spins up inside the enclosure the power led lights up but it does not show I have been a Field Support Engineer Tier III for many years and following that a Technical Analyst all within the IT field and this one on not hdd recognize Win7 does external Compaq6710b has me totally STUMPED Steps followed Checked Win7 on Compaq6710b does not recognize external hdd Compmgmt - gt DrvMgmt drive does not show same as DevMgmt msc - gt Drvmgmt Went into CMD prompt - gt Diskpart - gt list disk only picks up my primary internal I e disk I have moved the hdd from one USB port to another - still no difference I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it multiple times - no avail Tried rebooting - no avail Tried rebooting both with without the external connected - no change Connected the external to multiple other machines - it picks up on every single one of them Run RSOP machine is on a domain but there are as confirmed by domain admins no restriction policies in place seeing that my other smaller in capacity flash drives all pick up and show Ran a full malware scan - clean with the following in turn not at the same time also not installed simultaneously MBAM MSSE AVAST ESET - All came back clean Ran CCleaner getting desperate now and after all cleaning and clearing etc sorted rebooted machine - still no change Checked if the drive shows in BIOS upon restart - it does Just to slam dunk point above - checked if the drive shows as a possible boot media upon reboot - it does Only thing left to do is to try any Linux Unix based boot GUIs to see if it shows in thee as wel apps in the line of Knoppix to name but one Oh yeah also accessed the Advanced Properties af all the available USB Root Hubs and ensured that the computer is not allowed to turn off these devices in order to save power I have also downloaded EVERY POSSIBLE LATEST DRIVER from HP s site so everything THERE is up to date all drivers and firmwares up to date Flashed the CMOS Updated the BIOS as well If I connect any of my flash drives or any other mobile device tablet phone usb modem with micro sd card installed configured as storage to the laptop they all get recognized and are accessible but NOT my external even though every single other machine I have connected it to picks it up As per all my points above please do not suggest the following A Use of various or random drive checking tools - they won t work as the O S does not recognize the drive B Right click quot My Computer quot anything starting with that will be a waste as I have already gone through all those steps by means of accessing all relevant interfaces via cmd line interface - I cannot see the drive so I can also NOT change it s drive letter just read another post on another forum where the OP requests assistance as he cannot access his drive at all kind of similar to my scenario and the suggestions on there drove me out the walls - people missing obvious things and making suggestions which would be declared useless by using some common sense I am going to try and upload prt shots of both diskpart cmd result and compmgmt msc results okay failure with bmp jpg and png HA loaded successfully Any assistance would be appreciated Oh yeah it is a USB powered quot external hdd not the quot type which requires external power nbsp

A:Win7 on Compaq6710b does not recognize external hdd

Have you tried your Ext Hard drive to be connected to any other PC or Laptop. If the drive is still not recognized consult an expert for this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-on-compaq6710b-does-not-recognize-external-hdd.200463/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

A:Please critique my hardware

jeff young said:

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD WriterClick to expand...

Well your first option does not have much information on it so based off the two sets of specs alone I would say go with your second option since your mostly doing editing.

However, what program are you useing for video editing might I ask? If you are using Adobe, I would definitly go with an AMD card since Adobe likes OpenCL and AMD cards are better at OpenCL than Nvidia.

I would say your selections for the second are quite nice, just swap the 660 for something like this and you will be good if your using Adobe.

Also, I would jump your PSU up to a 600 watt if your going with this setup. 500 Would be to close to the bare minimum and for last-ability I would go with a 600 or 650 watt minimum to keep the system open for overclocking and to insure overworking the PSU is not an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-critique-my-hardware.200093/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, today i just got a new 4gb memory stick to add to my computer, currently i have 2 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM sticks.(These were both Kingston Memory Sticks) I then added a 4gb DDR3 1333 Ram stick (Crosshair) to the motherboard and made sure they were firmly placed in and it was all fine, I then turn on the computer and find that the motherboard starts beeping once then two beeps after and the Screen is blank, and my mouse & keyboard aren't responding. My current OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, so i shouldn't have a problem installing new ram to my system...
I'm not sure if this is a problem with 2 different brands of sticks or what.. but the fans are running for my Graphics card (I don't have onboard graphics available)

Specs
AMD 1055t X6
ASUS M5A99XEVO Motherboard
ATI Radeon 5570
Kingston

Any help anyone? Thanks
-Joe

A:Problems with RAM installation

The motherboard does not like that 4GB module. Have you tried the 4GB by itself? If the 4GB module won't run the computer you'll have to stick with 2GB modules. How many memory slots are on the motherboard? ASUS motherboards are notorious for being very picky about memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ram-installation.179890/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello I have been experiencing with Video 7870 Win7 in Stuttering 64 an ongoing issue with video stuttering when using vsync and screen tearing when not of course in certain games Here are my specs Desktop PC OS Win -bit Intel Core i Ghz Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme GSkill Ripjaws GB DDR RAM AMD Radeon HD GB driver CCC -display setup monitors Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 x x Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 and one TV Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 at x HD Samsung SSD PRO GB HD OCZ Agility SSD GB HD Seagate HDD TB HD WD HDD GB This issue is present throughout all games and videos to varying degrees It becomes apparent when any smooth movement is supposed to occur such as camera panning or forward movement in fps games for example In certain games it is barely noticeable such as Borderlands however games Trine or Dead Island are virtually unplayable due to the amount of stutter when moving In other games I experience tearing unless forcing vsync with triple buffering with D D overrider I have tried changing the vsync settings in the individual games as well with no change I have tried a number of solutions recommended from various boards such as reinstalling installing older drivers I am using an ATI radeon HD and have downloaded and removed installed just about every driver version I could get my hands on I have also been lucky enough to have access to a great deal of spare parts As such I have swapped the following components with known-good ones with no result - Power supply - CPU - Motherboard - Hard drive SSD - full reformat as well The previous graphics card a also experienced the exact same problems initially I replaced this card in an attempt to solve the stutter issue but it remained exactly the same I have run memtest and had no errors I have run certain problem games off of a different hard drive and on different monitors of my setup and produced the same result Computer has been fully scanned cleaned of malware etc Running Malwarebytes CCleaner and MSE I m at the end of my rope here Not sure what else to do Seems like this is a tricky issue none of the solutions I have found while searching has worked but I m hoping I missed something crucial Any help suggestions would be appreciated If you need any more information please let me know Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64

In-game Vsync sucks for many games, the problem being some games tend to be biased towards one company and that causes the other company Graphics card to run poorly in it.

Try downloading Radeon Pro, its a custom tool that helps for games like that on AMD cards that run into issues with Vsync. Once installed, all you do is add the games your having problems with, go to the options surrounding the games sync, and set it to use dynamic Vsync with the refresh rate of your monitor (You can also add your monitors refresh in).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-stuttering-with-7870-in-win7-64.199248/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there Didnt know where to post it so I made it under quot Device Drivers quot Anyway I want help for building my own gaming PC I m going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post So the first thing is how big should be my power supply I know that my CPU should take something about W GPU should take around W Speakers around W I dont know how much will take power the Monitors though but I have in mind FHD or something like that Also can somone make clear to me the diffrence between HDD and SSD If I buy HDD then should I necessarily need SSD If I do then how much SSD should I get Ive seen some PC s on sale which has like TB HDD and GB SSD others have GB SSD Specs GB CRUCIAL RAM MB AMD A SFM MATX A M-E MSI MOTHERBOARD AMD R x GPU AMD Athlon II x Quad core GHz CPU Sharkoon T Value Green CASE Now about the GPU should I take the GB or GB The Hardware questions money difference is few bucks Also which company made GPU should I take MSI SAPPHIRE GIGABYTE XFX POWERCOLOR Some of these are called OC-edition toxic-edition boost-edition BF and so on GIGABYTE GV-R XOC- GD-GA Radeon R X Sharkoon T Value Green Hardware questions THANKS nbsp

A:Hardware questions

Matis said:

Hello there

Didnt know where to post it so I made it under "Device Drivers".

Anyway, I want help for building my own gaming PC. I'm going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post.
THANKSClick to expand...

Hi Matis.
Welcome! And... a couple of pointers...

1) Questions about Builds should go in THIS Forum. Be sure to read the stickies at the top first.
Mailpup (Or another mod) may notice and move your inquiry for you.

2) You generally should post the same question only once and only in one place. Otherwise some of the mods and others tend to get a bit cranky.

3a) You might post an intro, here. Ravisunny2 has taken up the mantle of welcoming newcomers, and offering some helpful links on how to get the most of your Techspot Experience. This is something I used to do, and Kimsland before me. Ravisunny2's post is basically the same as I was welcomed with and which I used to welcome others.

3b) Right now, on this topic, just be a bit patient, and hope that Mailpup notices, and moves your post. Likely will happen within a few days.

4) THEN One or more of those experienced with your particular questions will chime in after it is moved. I have done some recent builds, but I do tend to overbuild. Others will be more inclined to help you squeeze the most bang for the buck. You might review the stickies I mentioned above, and be ready to answer those questions.

I am not going to cross post this answer to your other/duplicate post.
Enjoy your time with us!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-questions.199304/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All,
Firstly thanks for reading, I wanted to build a new system some time ago but circumstances have pretty much stopped that for now so I have decided to just update a few things in my old work horse starting with the hard drive, I have with your advice on an old thread purchased a Samsung SSD 840 along with W7 Pro 64bit. I assume I just unplug my existing drives and plug this one into sata 1 and install the OS ?? or do I, is there a procedure I need to be aware of first, I.e. bios settings etc ?
Thanks for any advice as I am a total noob with SSD's, it came with a disk also, do I need this ?
Cheers,
Lee.

A:First ssd installation procedure ?

You've got it right. Just make sure to enable AHCI mode in the BIOS.

And don't ever defrag it haha.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-ssd-installation-procedure.198432/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,

I'm a computer software engineer and have some good skills on that area of computer world. But my knowledge about the hardware of the computer is poor. I guess best thing for start to be familiar with hardware is to knowing the CPUs and Graphic cards and like those. I'd like to entrust it to you to suggest me a good reference (such as a free ebook) for being familiar with computer hardware

A:How to become a computer hardware expert/technician?

If you want to become accustomed to the terms and such, I recommend you visit our forum often and check out some of our responses to hardware questions . Here are some good books: One, Two, three.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-become-a-computer-hardware-expert-technician.198211/
Relevancy 22.36%

I reinstalled Windows 7 (64bit) after moving to an SSD. Now, for some mysterious reason, I can no longer read UDF format discs (all Blueray and some DVD's are UDF).

Microsoft's Knowledge Base posts a "hotfix", but it didn't work.

I searched online and lots of people seem to have this same problem, but no one has a fix.

How is it I can WRITE udf discs but not READ them? What a pain.

(Note: I can read the discs in XP and Linux, just not Win7. Copying the discs to the HDD every time I want to read them is not a long-term solution. And I can't copy commercial BD discs anyway.)

A:Can't read UDF format discs (Win7)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321640 is for XP, but does contain some useful information and possible work-rounds. At a guess, I would expect MS to address whatever they have done wrong before too long. In the meantime, an update of the Win7 DVD driver (and/or firmware) for your actual hardware might be available. Try the website of your DVD manufacturer.

At worst, if there is no software solution within a couple of months, you might have to consider replacing the drive, at least you can return a new drive if it fails you too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-read-udf-format-discs-win7.198203/
Relevancy 24.08%

Well, many of you may already be aware of this, but intel has built a backdoor into every vpro processor since ivy bridge and the possibilities can be both useful(fixing tech problems remotely)and sickening(feds framing you with files of incrimination by adding them to your hard drive while off)or maybe(a hacker takes over your computer) and of course industrial sabotage . If you care for personal privacy then you might want to read up. http://www.prisonplanet.com/secret-3g-intel-chip-gives-snoops-backdoor-pc-access.html ​

A:Intel hardware backdoor

Does this only apply to the vpro enterprise processors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-hardware-backdoor.196671/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have no idea where to start loking for solutions. NBegining about an hour ago, no key wil work twice in a row. Backspace wil only back up once, delete wil only delelt one character in a row, page-down wil ionly page down one page and not more.
If I go do something else, and come back, the key wil work again. So, by combining delete and backspace and arrow keys and re-positioning the mouse, I can type whatever I want - it is just taking a lot more effort! -Any ideas? I would put a bu nch of excalamation marks, but this is al I have: !

A:No key will work twice in a row Win7 Dell E5430

More info - this is happening in MS Word, Notepad, the IBM SPSS Text Editor, and Google Chrome search blank. So, not just MS Ofice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-key-will-work-twice-in-a-row-win7-dell-e5430.196092/
Relevancy 21.93%

I m having a terrible time with one win Win7: no or DHCP internet browsing but Can DNS ping bit computer on my home network All other devices about work fine other Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing windows pc works fine ADSL router and Cisco switch work fine This one Dell Vostro with a cable into the network worked fine for years Overnight it can t connect to local network with its DHCP settings and if I change to static ip it still can t browse the internet However I can ping external addresses by IP address only If I ping google com eg it cannot find the host What is really confusing is the quot Ping Statistics for quot response contains neither the name or the address but instead random characters ie this changes every time all other devices on the same network resolve IP adresses to their fully qualified domain name I have been through loads of sites and support flushing dns flushing IP restoring the pc to a previous working point changing the network cable and port installing a USB wireless key which works on this pc manually configuring IP addresses reseting the IP and WINSOCKs with Netsh commands I ran anti malware Combofix virus checkers zone alarm all found nothing I booted into a linux instance but still couldn t browse the net I cabled two pcs back to back and could ping each other from each other then restored the cable to the bad Dell I still didn t get a DHCP address but with manual IP gateway and DNS I could ping but not browse I have run out of ideas anyone help Oh it s win professional and there may be a few more things I ve done but forgotten in the post above Obviously changed drivers on NIC and installed drivers for the wireless USB NIC nbsp

A:Win7: Can ping DNS but no DHCP or internet browsing

Booting from a Linux rather than an apparently faulty Windows OS is my favourite way of deciding I have an actual hardware fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-can-ping-dns-but-no-dhcp-or-internet-browsing.194914/
Relevancy 24.51%

Watercooling kit Hardware Help CPU Hey guys evening morning afternoon So I have ordered up k asus hero vengeance pro x GB and Corsair ax and are in need of a WC components for the CPU cooling thermal paste suggestions and whether CLU is worth it tips id appreciate as well So far for the Waterblock I am sticking with XSPC Raystorm which il (CPU) kit Watercooling hardware help get red leds for at some later stage For RAD I need a slim for Cosmos top In terms of a reservoir I am going with a cylinder type something along the lines of this When it comes to tubing black and no restrictions on flex or thickness as long as it all fits within the other components of course Rest of the parts such as the pumps and fittings I have no idea about If you guys could recommend me some rads pumps fittings and anything else I might need id greatly appreciate that Iv never WCooled before and with k getting Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) rather hot for Ghz id love to get into WCling ASAP My price range is under the cheaper the better but best Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) possible Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) temps for a good price Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU)

Send a pm to red1776. His setup is more extensive than my own. I'll probably only be chiming on every so often as while I have built my own WC'ing system I haven't built many

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-kit-hardware-help-cpu.194730/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a really strange situation today that started after I had to reboot our UTM device and then switch We have a wired network although our modem router is also wireless if needed We don t use the wireless normally After rebooting the UTM and Switch all computers were turned back on again one by one of the were up and running and on the network and internet straight away One PC connected to the LAN but cannot get internet access Our DHCP server is on the UTM Internet (Win7) Network Wired Computer no has on One device and each computer has it s IP address reserved This computer had reserved and it still has that IP address when I do ipconfig It can access all the files on our NAS and all the printers on the network I ran all the ipconfig commands to One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) release renew One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7) flushdns I reset winsock and rebooted Still no internet I did a print screen off one of the PCs that is working properly and compared it Apart from the MAC address and other PC specific items I could see no difference So I put a wireless dongle on it to see if it would connect the the internet on wireless It worked I had internet but no LAN other than to the wireless router So I thought there must be a problem with the NIC I went to the local PC store and bought a new NIC card and installed it I disabled the old one and connected the network cable to the new one No difference If I enable the NIC card I have LAN but no internet if I enable the wireless dongle I have internet but no LAN I need both I cannot figure out what has changed on this ONE PC that was working fine until today Oh one other thing I tried that didn t work I connected a brand new Ethernet cable directly from the modem router to the PC So this bypassed the UTM device and Switch Still no wired internet nbsp

A:One Computer on Wired Network has no Internet (Win7)

Try these

ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup google.com
ping techspot.com
(1) shows packets going to google's dns
(2) shows you can convert name to ip address
(3) shows access to our site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-wired-network-has-no-internet-win7.193364/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 24.08%

I think its the program that started up automatically one day shortly after I got this W7 on 12/23/12. Like most pop ups, I quickly X'd out of it not knowing what it was.
The second time it happened, I let it go & it showed 100% ok. I think that was in January & I haven't seen it pop up since but if it has & it finished & disappeared on its own,ok.
Anyhow, I think I relocated it manually & Alerts was blinking. I clicked on it & saw this.

I think the Freedom Scientific Mirror thing is the program the original owner asked me for & I asked in here. I can't fing the thread thou.
The "Unknown Device" is just that, unknown.
Any suggestions? Or just leave it alone?

A:Hardware diagnostics tools

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-diagnostics-tools.190725/
Relevancy 22.36%

Guys,I m thinking about to buy a SSD.Can u tell me how much space needed for WIN 7 64bit.pls include ur space advice that it will also have latest update of win+20% space free(which I found various forum that it is needed for run win smoothly).How about 32GB SSD??????
Thankssssssssssss.

A:How much space needed on SSD for Win7 64-bit

Personally, I wouldn't use anything smaller then a 64GB SSD. A 32GB SSD will be good for a cache drive but not a boot drive. I think the 128GB & 256GB drives work best. They give you a lot of room for OS + Core Programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-space-needed-on-ssd-for-win7-64-bit.190326/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I bought a new CPU installation problems CPU an AMD Phenom II x socket AM absolutely not AM which I read was compatible with my AM socket GA-MA X-UD P a Gigabyte brand board So I tried installing it and when it booted up it got to the BIOS boot screen CPU installation problems I think its called a Post screen and it either sits there or restarts itself in perpetuity I let it sit there doing that for about minutes to see what the problem is and it seems that particular CPU was only compatible after a BIOS update So I throw the old CPU back in download atBios and the update install put the new CPU back in but it hasn t really made a difference at all still sits at the BIOS boot atBios says the BIOS is up-to-date and there isn t anywhere in the BIOS itself to confirm that so the mobo and CPU should be friendly with eachother I want to know if there are any other factors I need to know or I ve skipped when doing this I thought it was a simple process of swapping them in and out but if there s more to it or my computer isn t up to scratch in some way I was hoping for some answers and maybe a solution Other specs Windows Pro x w PSU Gbs of Mhz DDR Corsair RAM Nvidia GTX My old CPU which I have running is an Athlon x Thanks in advance nbsp

A:CPU installation problems

You may have to upgrade your power supply to 650 watts or so...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-installation-problems.188722/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-win7-64-bit-and-screwed-up-the-partitions.188931/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just bought the subject laptop, and have no interest in Win8. This laptop will eventually backup an HP2000-100 that the MB no longer recognizes the battery(?another story). The plan is to install the HD from the -100 into 2B00, so far so good. I've been able to boot Win7. On the first boot try I got a message that HD didn't exist, a message to run diagnostics. Ran diagnostics everything passed, except the battery check(? another story). Had to go into the BIOS and enable the Legacy mode. Success Win7 booted with expected anomalies, video, sound, etc., etc.. I just finished downloading from HP the drivers for an HP2000z-300, 160mb. The -300 is the last laptop in the HP2000 series to come with Win7. I'll let you know the results in the morn.

Larry

A:New HP2000z-2B00 downgrade to Win7

The graphics driver has installed and appears to be working. The WiFi, and audio did not install, but the old drivers seem to be working. I'll pursue those further if I have problems.

Larry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hp2000z-2b00-downgrade-to-win7.188488/
Relevancy 24.51%

So my current pc is socket 478 im planning to upgrade to a socket 1155 I was wondering will the hard drive ect work from the 478 to the 1155 socket

to know I still have until like what next june to build this pc should I still buy an Ivy or go for a haswell even tho im on a 700 euro budget which you can cut 200 Euros alrdy from the radeon 7850 or maybe the next series? if there will be

A:Motherboard + PC hardware

Tbh I built a pc from a famous electronics shop
Note it was Just a Mix and Match to see how much the whole system would cost me and it seems that it would fit my budget
were I live and an intel i5-3570k with full manufacturing case optical drive/sound card/hard drive/motherboard/ costed me about 625 euros with vat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-pc-hardware.187586/
Relevancy 24.08%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 19.35%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok so as stated above I am new to this. I have installed memory before but that is it. I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my computer. Because I hear a integrated graphics card is not so good. But I am unsure what I am able to install! Please help me out.

My model copmuter from the manufacturers website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N66

A:Newcomer to installing hardware

Integrated graphics...good or bad...depends on what you plan on doing. If you can post your budget, games/software you plan on running then I'm sure someone will be able to find what you need.

I see that your computer has a 300W PSU, depends on the graphics card, you might need to upgrade that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newcomer-to-installing-hardware.184563/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello helpful people of TechSpot I m creating this thread because my graphics card is reoccurring problem This problem occurs on multiple occasions I am sure loading a game Civilization V Starcraft is causing this to occur but in the past I think Video error hardware running multiple applications web browser music application games has also had the same effect This error isn t constant I have had multiple occasions where I can load multiple apps or a game as mentioned and have no video hardware error at all The only other thing I can report is before I installed my new graphics cards see specs below I had another card that I swapped out The software is still installed but I figure that doesn t effect my current graphics card I have installed the software for my new graphics card using the CD software but I fear something may have gone awry My specs are Graphics Card ASUS HD -DC TG- GD -V Radeon HD GHz Edition Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA Intel Z Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz Here is a log of my most recent hardware error Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA Video hardware error BDF E BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Video hardware error Product I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to fix this reoccurring problem In addition a less significant question Am I able to uninstall past video card software I am wondering this because I have gotten rid of my older graphics card as mentioned above and I would like to uninstall the software because I no longer need it Thanks a ton nbsp

A:Video hardware error

Are you saying you left the software for the other Video card install.. This would mean the drivers to. If this is the case. and I am understanding you right. If so this may very well be your problem. I would uninstall the software for the old video cards software and drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-hardware-error.184185/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello, I am looking for some help with a few questions.

my first question is: my mother board is a IPIBL-LB (Benicia), I am using a geforce 8400gts, and I have a 300 watt psu. does anyone see a problem with this? I am not meaning to joke or anything, I recently took a look at the power requirements of the graphics card and saw that I come 50 watts short. any help would be great.

the second question I have is: with the aforementioned motherboard I am looking to run a geforce gtx 285. are these compatible??? if so could anyone recommend an adequate psu that would give enough juice

any help would be great, please forgiveme as I am not tech savvy.

thanks, fghrt

A:Help with PC hardware

It might be okay, but it depends on the amperage available on the 12v rails more than the wattage really. If it runs okay, then you could continue to use it, but I would personally recommend you consider an upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-pc-hardware.183068/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I purchased my computer a few months ago and have upgrades it twice hardware, FPS Good low with a new video card and power supply everything runs amazing Skyrim Battlefield Max Payne L A Noire Rage Witcher Mass Effect Crysis Civ Arkham City and more ALL FPS at a beautiful x yet darkness Good hardware, low FPS warhammer space marine Deus ex human revolution and saints row the third all hover at about fps no matter the settings just really frustrating that my gaming pc I have al least into already cant run a few less hardware intensive games I have all current drivers installed so I m literally at wits end here Here are my specs Mainboard Gigabyte M MT-S Chipset Family h Processor HyperTransport Configuration Processor AMD FX MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Disk Seagate ST DM - BC SCSI Disk Device GB DVD-Rom Drive ATAPI iHAS B DVD-Rom Drive JKHSL TMNKLM XAZ Monitor Type E VL - inches Network Card NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition Media Center Service Pack -bit DirectX Version Windows Performance Index on Power Supply Thermaltake w Black Widow nbsp

A:Good hardware, low FPS

Please can anyone help? I don't mind spending the money to upgrade my hard drive if that's the problem, 500GB isn't enough for me anyway cause I'm thinking it's a memory problem but I don't know for sure, can't find much info on this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-hardware-low-fps.182661/
Relevancy 21.07%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys, im building my new computer and im wondering what is the best 120gb and 60gb ssd today, i look in the ocz vertex 3 and i liked him.What u think?And what u think is the best 500gb hdd sata 6gb

A:New storage hardware

OCZ makes some really great SSDs. I just installed a OCZ RevoDrive PCIe SSD, it friggin' screams!! http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-revodrive-x2-pci-express-ssd.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-storage-hardware.180515/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi im buying a new mobo , a x79 prob a saberthooth or a rampage formula, I want to know if either of this mobos have wireless or I need to buy a wireless card? if I need to buy do u recomend some?
thx for the help

A:Wireless hardware

I, personally, wouldn't buy a motherboard with built-in wireless. Prefer to have a separate card for upgrade purposes. To answer your question on recommended card, depends on what router you have - G, N, dual-band? If dual band, 300+300, 300+450 or 450+450?

I, typically, trust Linksys hardware, but lately had some good luck with Netgear USB network adapters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-hardware.180534/
Relevancy 24.08%

hey guys i just want to know if i buy a USA mobo and a Korean GPU they will work as they supose to?

A:Different countries, same hardware compatibility?

Of course. As long as the GPU understands english. LOL. Just kidding.
Hardware doesn't understand human speech of any form.
So, yes, they will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-countries-same-hardware-compatibility.180350/
Relevancy 22.36%

I moved everything into a server case. The case has a hot plug box for 4 hard drives and since there is no other place I can put them I moved my hard drives in there. I also moved one of my spare drives there so I can use it to store backups. My intention was to plug the drive in, make a backup and remove it. Without having to restart the machine. However once I moved it in there I realized that windows does not see it as removable drive but as normal drive. and there is no "Safely remove your hardware" icon in the tray. Now I am wondering whether it would be safe for me just to remove the drive straight out or do I have to restart it every time?
Thanks.

A:Hotplug in Win7 Home Premium

Was that hard drive that you intend to use just simply for your "back up's", is that hard drive an I.D.E. or SATA or USB?

Because if it's an older styled I.D.E., you will never get that "safely remove hardware" message. Even if the drive is a more modern SATA one, just like with an I.D.E. you will not get that "safe to remove hardware" message as well. But if your drive is a USB styled one, your Operating System should have picked up on what it was, how it was being connected and more importantly, what kind off hook up the device is using. Almost every Operating System I've ever put my hands on, know when something is a USB device, and will almost always display that "safe to remove hardware" message, both by way of ((right clicking)) the device icon itself by way of Windows Explorer, or going for the little icon in the lower right hand corner on your Windows taskbar.

So if it's not a USB device, I'm afraid to properly remove and install the drive, your going to have to power down the computer, each and every time.....sorry!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hotplug-in-win7-home-premium.179051/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello friends My sparable savings now sum up to and it s about time I need an upgrade I know this is a really tight budget but it s the best I Hardware RAM GPU upgrade needed for or opinion could muster up for this seemingly urgent upgrade My Current Rig Only parts concerning upgrade are mentioned ASRock N -S AM AM Socket DDR - MHz GB Max Dual Channel Nvidia GeForce Integrated Graphics nForce a PCI-e x Support Single Slot Here s a link for more details www asrock com mb overview asp model n -s AMD Sempron GHz x Single Core nm Max OC GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Here s a link for more details http products amd com pages Deskt amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f Kingmax Semiconductor DDR - MHz GB occupies one slot Western Digital Caviar Blue GB SATAII My Usage Moderate gaming Counter-Strike Source Halo Fable Transformers Mortal Combat V etc I ll get Crysis and BF soon Compression decompression hash tables etc Immediate Plans To install Windows Ultimate -bit I have already prepare all the necessary drivers and programs I just need to make sure all my games are working perfectly stable and Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU equally fast if not a bit superior to -bit I dont t want to end up downloading the -bit versions for all if any of the games and I doubt they will be available anyway The Dilemma As you may have already noticed I have a very entry level rig for my usage In the pursuit of performance I stumbled upon overclocking but I m afraid I have hit the hypothetical quot wall quot I realize that whatever I do and upgrade was imminent So after saving up for a long time I now have just enough money for either a RAM or a GPU I may loosen up the budget a bit if the deal is satisfying enough But the dilemma is which is the more worthy and possibly quot future-safe quot by my position investment that I should make Replacing the mobo is out of the question because that ll mean I ll have to replace qiute a few things The Candidates RAM Most likely A twin of my current Kingmax Semiconductor DDR MHz GB will occupy the second slot on the mobo GPU A little less likely i Radeon HD ii Radeon HD iii Radeon HD iv Radeon HD v Any Nvidia below Any one of these the most affordable one will take over the responsibility from the soon-to-retire Nvidia GeForce CPU least likely Either an Athlon II of Phenom II Let s see After years maybe Haha SSD The price tags made me giddy Sometime later maybe Motherboard Out of the question Years later Or until it s fried Summary Will upgrading RAM give a better performance boost for -bit or should I go for GPU I ll upgrade my CPU later most likely on an exchange offer Reduce Reuse Recycle I ll need an SSD in some time so maybe I ll get it before the CPU Any major upgrades Mobo CPU will be done no sooner than years from the time of writing this thread Thank you in advance for your time and effort Any help is truly appreciated Marnomancer nbsp

A:Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU

Looking at your current rig, you definitely need the best DX11 video card you can afford to ditch the on-board video. You could probably get by with 4GB of RAM for the 64-bit OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-opinion-needed-for-ram-or-gpu.178047/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi somebody can help me ? when i try to install soundmax appears
The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC restart now then run this setup again.
But this driver i had it before reboot my pc and now it doesnt work.
My audio is integrated in motherboard and the motherboard is asus p5lo2.
Thanks!!

A:SoundMax installation error

Download this driver - the blue download button.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...us-Realtek-ALC882-Audio-Driver-51005125.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-error.178195/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Guyz,
I have Toshiba Satellite C660-195 with Celeron Dual Core CPU T3500 @ 2.1 Ghz and 4GB ram. I want to upgrade my CPU for a better speed and performance (not videos and games!! ) because usually i have to run many virtual machines and heavy softwares. Are there any suggestions? would it be compatible with Corei 7 or something ? Is this possible anywayz?

A:Toshiba Satellite hardware upgrade

Most likely not, and it certainly won't work with the new generation (i5/i7) CPUs. If you're running VMs all the time I'd recommend replacing it with a laptop that has a 4 core, 4 thread (8 in total) CPU with lots of RAM (6GB+).

You current CPU is far from ideal for running VMs, given its lower performance characteristics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-hardware-upgrade.177064/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

A:Compatible graphics hardware not found

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the GeForce GT525M card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-graphics-hardware-not-found.176808/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a GF a mobo I bought installation Details issue. inside. RAM some ram a while back and recently one of the sticks kinda stopped working so I sent for a replacement During that time I had gig sticks of ram in this mother board working fine Today I got my replacement stick from kingston and I put it in the th slot and went to boot the computer It would start up but no display on the screen and none of my usb hardware mouse keyboard would come on I removed the stick went back to my old RAM installation issue. Details inside. configuration and got the same issue Finally I started changing how many sticks I RAM installation issue. Details inside. had in what configuration and found that if I had only sticks in the computer would start fine no matter which sticks were in But as soon as I go to add a rd stick of RAM no matter which stick it is I would get the same issue as above Computer starts but no display or USB What could this problem be nbsp

A:RAM installation issue. Details inside.

What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-installation-issue-details-inside.176029/
Relevancy 24.08%

I checked my computer specs these are the things that I saw ASUS P VD -VM SE mobo W A PSU lt - I think Processor ideas on any card Help (I my hardware) don't with have graphics Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM lt -- I only have mb of ddr ram atm I dont have any gfx card I use the built-in one Im thinking of upgrading my pc by buying a gb ram and a gfx card to let me play my games The game I want to play is quot Heroes of Newerth quot quot SkyRim quot Call Of Duty games I dont care if i could only play in medium resolution as long as is smooth and nver gets lag I would like to know what video cards are compatible with my mobo please explain it to me thoroughly so I could understand I dont have that much money so a average card will do Another thing If I were to Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) change my Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) mobo and processor Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) can I also use the RAM and gfx card that I bought How is that possible Are motherboards have similar sizes because I think my casing will be a problem HELP pls nbsp

A:Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware)

I think you're going to be bottlenecked by your CPU, RAM and PSU. If you bought 4GB of RAM (which is very cheap nowadays), a decent 500W PSU and a Radeon 6770 I think you can game on medium settings for those games.

Your mobo has a PCI-E x16 slot so all modern graphics cards will be compatible. However check to see how much space is in your case because some graphics cards are very long.

If you decide to upgrade your CPU, you will need to change the motherboard and RAM unless you get a Core 2 Duo/Quad processor, in which case you can use your existing mobo and RAM. Graphics cards are compatible either way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-graphics-card-i-dont-have-any-ideas-on-hardware.176008/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, my gateway laptop has recently starting to get 8 beeps. The pattern for these beeps are 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps. Some googling points to a possible hardware or bios issue. The problem is i cannot find a solution and i cannot send my laptop to gateway because i need this laptop for school. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

A:Gateway 8 beeps BIOS/hardware problem?

Beep Codes
As you suspect, not good news to have a beep notice of failure? but you have to talk to Gateway tech support, if you can find them. Often it is a partial system board failure caused by overheating or curling of the board. This may or may not be helpful here. We have well over 277 beep codes in the our tech lab database.

As you probably know, every time a computer is switched on it performs a short diagnostic routine known as the POST, or Power On Self Test. The POST is a small program contained in the BIOS. It checks that basic hardware is present and performs a rudimentary memory test. The POST announces the results of its routine both audibly (a series of beeps on the PC speaker) and visually (displaying a brief summary or codes on the screen).

The audible method is essential since a fault may exist with the graphics card or monitor. If all is well, the computer typically emits a single beep and carries on booting. The number and duration of the beeps is intended as a coded message and understanding them will allow you to diagnose any problems the computer may have.

The codes vary according to the manufacturer of the BIOS and the build year of the computer.. Here are some of the more common codes for two beeps we have on our list. Unfortunately, not of them are specifically listed for a Gateway laptop.: To save space they are grouped together. Remember it all depends on the BIOS and the build. Each line is a separate code, and may be from any manufacturer... I give them here as examples.

two short Parity circuit failure
two short Any non-fatal error
two short = Configuration Error (displayed on screen)
repeating two short Power Supply or System Board failure
continuous twos Supply or System Board / Keyboard stuck
one long, one short System Board failure that is preventing full normal operation
one, two, two DMA Initialization failure
one, two, three DMA Page Register Read/Write failure
two (followed by various combinations)
(First 64K RAM Chip/Data Line failure (combinations
indicate which bit)
two or four Unexpected Interrupt in Protected Mode
(tone) one, one or two System Board

For even more beep codes, take a look HERE.

Good luck.

You might want to have a first class tech take a look...

If it is a Gateway M6750 model, it could mean the motherboard is going, and it will go soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-8-beeps-bios-hardware-problem.175957/
Relevancy 23.65%

ok i have a asus netbook and i took out the hard drive and replaced it with a dell hard drive now it thinks it a dell and a asus is there any way to wipe it then load only asus hardware????

A:How to wipe a hard drive then load different hardware

Buy a USB hard drive external enclosure matching either SATA or PATA drives and format the Dell drive on another computer. Then install the freshly formatted drive in the Netbook. How are you going to re-load the operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-wipe-a-hard-drive-then-load-different-hardware.175482/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Everyone I am using a ASUS EeePC PEM as an upgrade from my previous netbook PC Win7 Eee 1015PEM loading Error operating system... Starter My problem started when I seemed to receive an odd windows update The IE stopped Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter loading correctly even though my pc Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter was connected to the net I stupidly gave it to someone who proudly displays letters after his Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter name claiming to know all about computers and two days later he gave it back to me telling me that it claimed to be doing hard drive repairs and now won t do anything I plumped for a system restore as I had all my important stuff on an external hard drive so wasn t too worried about loosing anything When I tried it has continually popped up with the meassage Error loading operating system The restore reportedly comes from a hidden recovery partition It almost seems as though the whole netbook has been wiped and all I have is bios I am now beyond my field of knowledge and hope someone has an answer for me Living in hope Bint xx nbsp

A:Error loading operating system... Eee PC 1015PEM Win7 Starter

O/S error

When I have seen the error report "O/S not found", or similar it has meant the hard drive has failed in some way, probably the circuit that controls the seek arm.
If that has happened then the "system restore" will not work either, because, as you noted, it is a copy of the working O/S but in a separate partition, that is normally not used. Problem is the hidden partition is just a part of the same hard drive that won't work.
If that is the situation, the only real answer is to replace the hard drive, and reinstall the O/S plus the software you need. It is much simpler and cheaper to back up the hard drive while it is working, so that come the day it fails, at least the data is safe, and can be restored to a new hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-loading-operating-system-eee-pc-1015pem-win7-starter.175229/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ordered parts for my first-time PC build and unfortunately my liquid cooling unit is arriving last now I assume my PC will run fine without it as long as I don t overclock is there any reason why I installation cooler help Liquid should wait before building Liquid cooler installation help it I do plan on overclocking then although I need help doing that as well Also all the guides about building a PC I looked at made no mention of additional cooling units so I was hoping someone could point me to one or advise me Here is my build and I bolded the cooling unit I am getting Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:Liquid cooler installation help

CPU gets hot while it's running, even when it's not over-clocked. You can use the stock cooler until the H100 arrives. Before replacing the stock cooler w/ the Corsair, you'll need to remove residual thermal compound on the CPU. Looks like the H100 has thermal compound pre-applied.

There's a brief installation video on Corsair's site, have you checked it out?
http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-cooler-installation-help.174877/
Relevancy 22.36%

Upon dismantling my laptop I discover that the cpu is pasted to a copperish sheet which is in turn attached to the underside of the fan housing. I'm assuming the three pieces are connected with thermal paste.
I am having trouble reseating the cpu while attached to the fan so I wanted to dismantle it and seat it and reattach to fan housing with thermal paste.
Am I on target here with my thought processes or is there something tricky in this manuevering I am overlooking or ignorant of?

A:PCG-FRV37 CPU installation

Vaio PCG_FRV37 cpu fan

So do I pry up these cpu and copper heat sink or just slowly drop alcohol to loosen the compound? On the reverse side to reseat the cpu since the pins were bent on removal ( not expecting this type of setup) I have to try and straighten the pins...sink the cpu and then layer the compound, heat sink, compound then fan housing on top. Am I on track here? I've attached a pic of the fan. I could just sometimes kick these designers that make it more difficult for us....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcg-frv37-cpu-installation.174707/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently purchased and installed an AMD Radeon HD as well as a new -watt power supply Ever since installation my computer has had troublesome times connecting via ethernet It should be noted that I switched to AMD from an Nvidia GPU which is the stock card for my system At first I received the error message quot Windows was unable to automatically detect this networks proxy settings quot IPv was receiving an internet connection but IPv wasn t I thought it might have been an ISP issue with the university I attend but now the LAN adapter is completely unable to recognize a plugged in ethernet cable It s not a problem with the cable or ISP because other computers are able to connect using the same port and cable Even the little green light that flashes around the ethernet port on the back of my computer has stopped flashing I with installations Problem LAN hardware network after downloaded the most updated driver for Problem with LAN network after hardware installations my network controller Intel V- and used some of the newer features to test my LAN device out The hardware and cable tests returned a success but my connection failed There was also another device called quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot without any installed driver to run it But most online results said this was a minor issue EDIT The missing quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot turned out to be Problem with LAN network after hardware installations a Systems device called quot Intel Management Engine Interface quot I found the correct Problem with LAN network after hardware installations driver for the device by looking up its vendor device codes on pciexpress com then manually installed the driver Doesn t seem to help out the internet however Maybe its one of many firmware problems involved with the ethernet controller This is all extremely confusing to me How can the LAN device pass all of its functionality tests recognize when there is and isn t an ethernet plugged in but still remain disconnected and completely non-responsive My guess is my computer has a major issue with the university s local network or that there s an extremely subtle cable port malfunction nbsp

A:Problem with LAN network after hardware installations

What do you have on-board NIC? If you have it then get a good PCI-E 10/100/1000 Card. Which is the better route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-lan-network-after-hardware-installations.174224/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I recently added a rd hard drive to my computer so I could put my two existing HDs in RAID and still have a back up drive I cloned my main drive to my new backup drive and did a fresh Windows -bit install on the new RAID array I ve been able to get all my hardware working except for my X-FI 0 sound RAID on fresh No after from install Win7-64 CreativeLabs ExtremeMusic SB soundcard I ve gotten it to work a few brief times but I can t figure out what driver and control panel versions I used to make it work before I just remember it being a long process of searching online before I found an answer that worked for me Is there anyway to find out what versions I have on my backup HD since it has the correct driver and control panel versions on it Here s a description of my actual soundcard problem When I try play something in media player there is no sound the progress bar doesn t move if I watch a youtube video the progress bar moves but I still get no sound and I have no system sound either My on-board audio when enabled works perfectly My on-board audio is disabled in No sound from X-FI after fresh Win7-64 install on RAID 0 the bios the X-FI shows up in device manager and appears to be installed correctly with the latest drivers for win - I get clicks from my speakers when installing the drivers and I have tried completely uninstalling the card and re-installing it as an admin but I still don t get any sound Any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-x-fi-after-fresh-win7-64-install-on-raid-0.174259/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi be active public and Can simultaneously a wired Win7 in workgroup Wi-Fi LAN My crossover-cable wired lan between a win and a miniXP booted laptop can t be changed to a quot home quot from a quot public quot connection Both the wifi and and lan show up as quot public quot The former because I m Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 connected to the internet via a meraki mesh Unlike the status of my wifi which is blue and thus changeable the status of my lan is typeset black as regular text Now when I activate file-sharing I give the whole neighborhood access to my computer Is there a way to separate the networks and make the files of the remote show up in Explorer without disconnecting the wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name ID-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- F- D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - AM Lease Expires October- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- C- C- -AE- D- -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -AE- D- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D AF E-A E - - B -F BAC AAF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A B E- EA- C- C - DF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c d f ff fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c d f ff fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-public-wi-fi-and-a-wired-lan-workgroup-be-active-simultaneously-in-win7.172759/
Relevancy 23.65%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well my friend has been wanting to play a game with us for a while but she can not play it since her current video card's shader models are 1.0 and the game she wants to play is 2.0. I believe she has an agp slot, not sure if its 4x or 8x. I was looking on Newegg for a card but couldn't really decide what to get her. She usually plays Maplestory, Gunz or League of Legends. What would be the best mid-range card I could get in terms of balanced performance and price?
Thanks!

A:Wanting to upgrade friend's video hardware

i would get her one of these.

SPARKLE GeForce 6200 for $39.99
or
VisionTek Radeon HD 3450 for $64.99
or
HIS Radeon HD 4350 for $74.99.

Of course theRadeon HD 3450 and Radeon HD 4350 are way faster than the GeForce 6200.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-upgrade-friends-video-hardware.171887/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an older Dell Latitude laptop in which I would like to upgrade the processor.
I purchased the machine as a refurbished model. It has Win7 installed, The typical office programs 2007.

I writing to ask if there is a way to upgrade the CPU without having to disturb the overall OS configuration? If not can someone either give me direction as to how one goes about doing this (w/o WIN7 disc) or a link to where I could get direction as to how to reinstall after the upgrade.
Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-cpu-fresh-win7-install-w-o-disc.170808/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys

My pc has recently been giving me problems, like it froze sometime ago while I was playing games, it displayed that blue screen with a lot of error codes and then just reboot. So now when I try to format the OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows, it always gives me an error saying that windows cannot format the drive, so please guys I realy need help all of my information is on the other partition, so please any help would be appreciated, adn if possible suggestions to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

A:Possible hardware failure

First, slave your harddrive to another system and you will be able to access your information which you can then burn to a DVD.

Second, while it it is slaved run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hardware-failure.170730/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all i have what porbably are dumb questions but i need clarification all the same please i just bought a XFX HD GPU upon your recomendation and was wondering if i should uninstall all the nVidia stuff in add and remove except the driver before i remove the card or just remove the card install my new one then uninstall the nvidia stuff I have a spare gigabyte GT GPU which i would like to give to my dad as he has an old Pack-Bell iMedia which he uses in the lounge to watch Uninstall for installation? drivers fresh GPU films on and browse the net Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation? The PSU in this old machine is only a watt and the GT reqiures a w minimum but as he wont be playing games or doing any photo editing etc only watching mp films would the PSU still power it reason i ask is it has a HDMI connection and his stock card is the old blue pin plug so i thought is would get a better pic using my new card also the GT is mb and the stock one is only mb Your thoughts please Thanks Lee nbsp

A:Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation?

1. Yes, you can remove all the Nvidia components through Add/Remove, although it's probably easier to download a utility such as Driver Sweeper which will remove the driver, PhysX, HD audio, Update etc in one move... Just remember that the system will likely revert to a lower VGA (640 x 480) screen resolution.
You can then power down, replace the card and install the driver/catalyst control centre etc.
Once you're up and running it would pay to bring up the Device Manager, click the "View" tab and check "Show hidden devices", then expand the "Display adapters" heading. If your previous card shows up -right click and select uninstall.

2. You say that your dad's computer is an "old Pack-Bell..". Power supplies gradually lose their effective output over time as components in the power supply wear, so his 250w PSU is likely much less. The GT210 isn't a power hog by any means (30.5w max) but picking up a suitable (and relatively cheap) PSU might be a good investment in any case, especially if the computer/PSU are 5+ years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstall-drivers-for-fresh-gpu-installation.170189/
Relevancy 23.65%

My computer still starts up making the same sounds and lights and such as usual, but there is no longer any signal to my monitor, mouse, keyboard, or speakers. I discovered this upon trying to wake it from sleep mode, the computer woke up, but no lights turned on on the keyboard, no sound came out of the speakers, and my monitor said no signal.

This happened once before, and we took it to a local repair place. They hooked it up to their monitor and keyboard and it worked fine. I've tested my monitor on another computer and it works just fine, as well as the rest of the hardware. Last time they said something had likely unseated itself, and the ride in the car had reseated it. What should I try?

A:My computer is no longer sending signals to any of my external hardware

Take it back to the local repair place... Have them check it once more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-no-longer-sending-signals-to-any-of-my-external-hardware.169961/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and every time I try to play a game I get a pop up window...image attached.
How do I turn it on like the pop up window says to do?
Would appreciate an answer in layman's terms....I not a computer geek.
Thanks guy's

A:How do I turn on hardware acceleration?

What graphics card are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-on-hardware-acceleration.169761/
Relevancy 21.93%

The audio on my Asus P E DELUXE WiFi-AP motherboard does not appear to work Windows says that there is no audio output device installed As on from Asus Win7, install device audio won't No drivers such when I plug my speakers in I get No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install no sound and the sound icon in the notification area continues to display a red circle with an quot x quot The High Definition Audio Controller is installed under Device Manager and appears to be normal However it is listed under System Devices There is no listing for Sound Video amp Game Controllers I am not sure if this is applicable to Win I have disabled and re-enabled the audio controller I have uninstalled it and let Windows reinstall it All to no avail For what it s worth the controller appears to be using a standard No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install Microsoft driver System info says that no sound devices are installed I have verified multiple times that onboard audio is enabled in the BIOS I have tried disabling the audio in the BIOS booting into Windows shutting down and then re-enabling the onboard audio No go I have attempted to reinstall the Soundmax drivers from ASUS They don t install I receive an error message saying that the audio driver files do not support my hardware I am sure that I am trying to install the correct drivers There is no software installed that would be interfering with the audio and all services look normal Any ideas nbsp

A:No audio device on Win7, drivers from Asus won't install

sound

which speakers are you using and which driver?
because most of the speakers are plug n play...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-on-win7-drivers-from-asus-wont-install.169687/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Dell Optiplex 170l and I want to change out the hard drive to a 500G drive and add 2-1GB memory. Thoughts, I have been given the hard drive and would only have to purchase the memory.

A:Adding hardware

What is your question exactly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hardware.169020/
Relevancy 24.08%

Two months ago I posted on another thread that my son will be entering community college this fall yeah I m old and will be pursuing an A A degree in please: configuration for Hardware input laptop Your Digital Design and then Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop move on to a year institution At the time I was researching and I am still researching but further along The core courses he will be doing are Color amp D Design Graphic Design Art with Computers Web Graphics Animation and Web Page Design plus other art classes In addition he will be doing the standard Word docs surfing the net term papers etc I also know he must be able to run Adobe Flash CS and there will be animation software involved but I have not been able to find out anything else -- I ve tried The central parameters I ve tentively settled on for a laptop configuration are quot display no less than x and if I can in Matte either a Nvidia M or M video card this will be an Optimus laptop gigs of RAM i QM processor this is a quad core a GB harddrive rpm and Windows Anyway what I would like to know from you guys is this In light of his course work is this quot overkill quot Would the M suffice Onboard graphics will work in some case but a Intel s latest is meh and b Nobody is offering the AMD Fusion with it s substantially better onboard graphics except HP in their dv z series and I refuse to ever purchase another HP laptop ever again Input suggestions please Thanks nbsp

A:Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-input-please-hardware-configuration-for-laptop.168777/
Relevancy 21.5%

I had to recently install a new hard drive into a computer. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 3650 and I have been looking for drivers for it. Since the person who originally bought the card threw the box with the disc away i had to download the drivers and installation from online. I downloaded all the drivers and catalyst and when i go to install the products it appears to install and even says finished but when i look it doesnt seem to actually install anything at all even on a restart. The catalyst control center doesnt show up on my start menu and the graphics card still appears as uninstalled in the device manager. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is or how to fix it?

A:Radeon HD 3650 driver installation problems

Where did you download the drivers from?

If you haven't, get them from www.amd.com or www.amd.co.uk

Be sure to select express install during installation.

But before you try it again, remove the previous drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3650-driver-installation-problems.168822/
Relevancy 24.08%

*update* Guess I don't need a capture card at all. Just software?
Not sure if this belongs in Other or Gaming. Sorry up front for that. I was curious if anyone knew what type of hardware and software is required for a PC to run a livestream on sites like Justin.tv/Livesteam.com/Youtube etc. Anything besides a "Capture card?" Is there a certain amount of recommended internet connection before even attempting to do it?

Any information on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

A:Hardware needed to Livestream?

If i am reading this right and you just want good streaming with sites like YouTube. Then all you really need is a good internet connection. Any High-Speed internet connection should run videos just fine buffer free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-needed-to-livestream.168302/
Relevancy 24.08%

When I try to play any games on my Dell Laptop [windows 7 ] I get a pop up window that says:[ attached image ].
How do I correct this.
Thank you fellas

A:Hardware acceleration problem

try updating your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-acceleration-problem.167356/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am using rasphone.exe in scheduled tasks with parameter "-d network connection name" that allows to auto-connect dial-up connection is there a way to auto-disconnect this connection using scheduled tasks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rasphone-exe-parameters-win7.166264/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can anyone who has hands on experience with PC diagnostics software and/or hardware recommend any particular software or hardware testers.

How good is AIDA64, a review I read on this looks quite impressive.

There are many motherboard and general hardware testers on ebay, are there any that stand out as being particularly reliable that will also work on laptops..

I am also interested in finding good data retrieval software for recovering data from faulty and/or corrupt hard drives. Are there any that perform better than Stella Phoenix.

I repair a few PC's a month and it would be very useful to have some equipment that can confirm the health of mobo's and CPU's without having to diagnose by a process of elimination.

I don't have the finance to experiment with the various testers that are available.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

A:PC diagnostics software/hardware

This type of Computer testing hardware and software is not really necessary or even useful to an experienced computer tech. The motherboard testers are only as good as the tech is. A shorted data bus will give false results at best. The useful tools include a spare power supply, an inexpensive power supply tester, spare memory, a spare IDE and SATA Desktop hard drive (and notebook drives) and a good true RMS multimeter... and that's it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-diagnostics-software-hardware.165470/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am using a 550w PSU, Cheap-o, but good. I think its called RSG series or something like that. Anyways, i am using XFX 5750, Q6600, 2 internal HDD's, One is Seagate 500GB and the other one is WD 500GB and i also have an external HDD by WD 500GB which is hook up to my USB 3.0 PCIE card, and i have a keyboard and mouse and using a Logitech Dual Controller.

Was wondering , can my PSU handle this? Am i ok?
Everything seems to be working good, temps are good on every device.

I have 4 fans in my computer btw.

A:Curious about my hardware

Everything seems OK so far. You should try to run a demanding game (if you have any) - if the PC begins to stutter during gameplay, then possibly this configuration is a bit too much.

You mentioned that the PSU was a cheap-o;
You should be cautious then. The power-coefficient rating might be the peak power rating, a "cheap" trick by some PSU manufacturers (displaying the peak power rating instead of the ordinary power rating).

So I wouldn't worry, I'd go 'gunz blazing'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/curious-about-my-hardware.164879/
Relevancy 24.51%

Yes I have posted on this before but am adding these Sandra reports to see if my hardware is ok! Recently my battery had died after having been in a light drizzle with my laptop in my backpack no water seemed heavily in the backpack but it was moist! I am checking to see if all hardware is ok and not possibly contaminated with water damage. I may take it later to be inspected by a repair shop! I am mostly worried about the condition of the mother board and hard drive! Hard drive seems ok, but I get message 10008 replace hard disk when doing a diagnostic from bios but HD tune and all other software diagnostics from windows read that its in perfect health and normal!

A:Hardware check up

Don't worry about these test results if the laptop seem to be running okay. Water can corrode many parts inside a laptop, and the residue can become conductive, but as I said, if it is working, it should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-check-up.164323/
Relevancy 24.51%

I need to check the current Hardware to see if any hardware on my laptop has any damage to it can anyone recommend some good freeware for this checkup I had recently run into rain problem Hardware freeware with my laptop in my back pack and want to run a full diagnostic to make sure all hardware components are working I want to know if something is not showing up visually to me that might be broken so I can get it replaced Would I know if some circuits on the mother board were fried any help in this check up is much appreciated The back pack was closed it was a light drizzle I ask because afterward my battery appears to have died A lot people say I can only tell hardware damage by opening my laptop unfortunately I find it hard to get to mother board on this one and find it only easy to get to memory and Hard drive nbsp

A:Hardware freeware

I can recommend the following freeware...
Everest Home Edition. (http://www.lavalys.com/)
HWInfo (http://www.hwinfo.com/)

For a quickcheck of drive health, I really like
CrystalDiskInfo (http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html)

Last I checked, all were available here also.
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-freeware.163975/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello As stated in the title I get the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom The wide flat one IDE i think it is called doesn t change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself The other one sata for power is the f ckup No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant Yes installation disk another attempt DVD boot about failure, but a driver figure Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt out where and how to change that cable for Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt a new since it goes into the giant box under forgotten its name Now I have searched long and hard for solutions Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of Note I do not have the disk my comp asks for also a problem I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit This Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt time Im about to stress myself hairless over this All I want to do is to have a DVD-room its basic yet impossible gt gt gt Pls share your solutions the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused Here s some info System Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz bit windows Gb ram Motherboard GA-x -DQ ADVANCED BIOS FEAT First Hard Drive Second CD Room Third Disabled nbsp

A:Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yes-another-disk-boot-failure-but-about-a-dvd-driver-installation-attempt.163065/
Relevancy 24.08%

hey guys, i am new to this site and i dont know whether this is the right place to post this but i need help,
my laptop is great at the moment but i want more out of it.
it is a acer aspire 5532
it has AMD Athlon TM 64 processor TF-20 (1.6GHz)
ATi Radeon TM HD 3200 Graphics up to 1408MB hypermemory TM
3gb memory
acer nplify TM 802.11b/g/n

i was wondering if i can upgrade my processor and get more out of my laptop and looking to upgrade my graphics card

any help would be appreciated..

thanks scotty

A:Help with upgrading hardware and other things

You cannot upgrade anything in that laptop save the RAM. The CPU maybe, if you can find one on eBay, but it is difficult to perform the upgrade. You cannot upgrade the GPU at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-upgrading-hardware-and-other-things.162927/
Relevancy 22.79%

Replaced failed HDD in laptop, need to load Windows 7 using the System Image DVD's.

Can this be done?

If so, what are the steps?
Is special hardware needed?
Do I need to format hard drive first?

I have already tried by using the "Repair Disk" created along with the "System image" disks, it's apparently not as simple as just following the prompts.

Thanks.

A:Steps/hardware needed? Replaced hard drive, load Win 7 w/ sys image DVD

This should help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/675-system-image-recovery.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steps-hardware-needed-replaced-hard-drive-load-win-7-w-sys-image-dvd.162441/