Windows Support Forum

New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Q: New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I should worry about somehow fixing If so do you have any recommendations on how to do it I was reluctant to do anything that would have resulted in losing any data on that large drive as a whole or on that partition in particular but since finally gaining access to it and copying everything onto an external drive I can format the drive if necessary although another problem with partitions is with the first partition on that same big drive That partition is the one that I used to have Windows installed on The OS still sees it as a quot System Active Primary Partition quot in disk management and won t allow me to format it At this point I ve got enough storage that I m not terribly concerned about being unable to format the old Windows partition but it still bothers me to have that space being used by files programs that are no longer actually being used I do have games programs misc files on other partitions on that same drive so I d like to avoid having to do anything that would mean losing that data or having to shuffle it around to the smaller internal drive or the even smaller GB external one Any ideas on how to fix these issues would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys. Im new here so wanted to not only get help with my problem, but also say hi.

I recently installed windows 7 and initially everything worked fine. Then i noticed that one of my harddrives had disappeared. Its a 20gb barracuda. I checked in the device manager and also noticed that that I had a IDE controller and Unknown device problem.

I think the IDE controller is part of the High Definition Audio Controller set up so im currently downloading the realtek drivers to see if that allows windows 7 to recognise it.

I am howeever extremely lost as to how to get my hardrive back as everything I have done cant detect any hardware installed.

If there is anything I can put up on here that will help just let me know and ill do so, till then I hope there is someone out there that can rekindle my expectations of Windows 7!

Thanks in advance

A:hardware lost in new WIN7 installation

Have you installed all the latest drivers for your hardware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/39631-hardware-lost-new-win7-installation.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi

I have laptop Satellite A300-24Z and I try to install windows 7 on him, during the installation the computer restart or getting the blue background screen (not BSOD) and stuck.
It?s usually happened on the extracting the files step.
Please help

PS
it?s not a hard disk I already replace it without any luck

A:Satellite A300 - hardware restart during the Win7 installation

I own A300 too and almost two years I use it with Win7 32bit. I had no problem to install Win7.
Do you use original Microsoft installation disc?
Set BIOS to default settings and try it again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70091-Satellite-A300-hardware-restart-during-the-Win7-installation
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi All;
I have been trying to upgrade my win 7 pro, service pack 1 to win 10. I get it all installed and all seems OK except I?m unable to connect to the internet.

I?ve tried the ?delete network adapter driver? fix, no change. I tried running an Ethernet cable, making sure all worked before upgrade, still no internet connection after upgrade. I downloaded the media creation tool and used it to upgrade, still no internet. I tried installing visual C++ (both 64 & 32 bit versions) still no internet

Logitech download assistant seems to not be installed on this PC. I get the messages that MSVCP110.dll & LogiLDA.dll are missing.

I installed the win 10 upgrade on my laptop with no issues whatsoever, but this PC is giving me fits. Thank God it?s easy to revert to Win7.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lobo

A:Win 10 Upgrade Installation Headaches

Doing a fresh, clean, reinstall of Windows 10 often resolves problems post the standard upgrade:
http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/win-10-upgrade-installation-headaches.308158/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I purchased a windows vista-windows upgrade for from a student deal here in canada The method of installation was a simple exe file which ran a sort of setup which automatically upgraded to windows Now I have win professional bit on my PC and I just bought a new solid state drive I want to move the installation to the SDD So here's the problem New Version Win7 Move Win7 to Upgrade Drive Without DVD Installation I don't have a windows installation DVD so Move Win7 Upgrade Version to New Drive Without Win7 Installation DVD I can't exactly use the steps described in the tutorial for reinstalling a windows upgrade I do have a valid upgrade version Product Key so what I would like to know is whether or not it would work to clone my current install to my SDD My SDD only has GB of space so I would have to basically delete everything but I don't care about that Alternatively is it illegal to download an image of a win installation DVD and use my valid Product Key Theoretically the product key would work right I make this assumption based on the sticky about re-installing win upgrade versions Or would my key only work with a win install dvd that it was intended for I don't have one so that wouldn't really work I just don't have a clue what to do here because I don't think I can get another copy of that EXE that I used to upgrade It says on their website that you can only re-download days from your date of purchase Am I totally stuck I am completely welcome to any suggestions because I really hope that I didn't just waste on an SSD because I definitely don't want to buy windows again Thank you so much to everyone who takes the time to try to help me with this

A:Move Win7 Upgrade Version to New Drive Without Win7 Installation DVD

I dont know whether your student deal is the same as the Digitalriver student upgrade deal that used to be available for $29.99. The iso's for those are available, download them only if you have a genuine upgrade key.

MS/Digital River Student ISO Links

Also see this thread.

Cloning Win7 to SSD

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/95733-move-win7-upgrade-version-new-drive-without-win7-installation-dvd.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am trying to install bit Windows in order to repair windows installer which gave me lot of problems that i couldn't solve So i tried & Wpeinit of install Win7 during pending installation Win7 Cancel an upgrade installation as suggested in another forum with the original cd Win was already installed on the pc Wpeinit during Win7 install & Cancel pending installation of Win7 in this way i only tryed to repair the error The installation was going well No problems were encounted as the program proceeded through the gathering files process Then a MSDOS window appeared and the installation hung-up At the top of the box is Adminitrator X WINDOWS BT Windows system Wpeinit during Win7 install & Cancel pending installation of Win7 cmd exe Inside the box is X WINDOWS BT Windows system gt wpeinit On the next line is X WINDOWS BT Windows system gt The installation has stopped Now i can regularly use the pc if before booting that screen if i press up and down keys alternatively until i can choose to continue win installation or start windows In that way the pc works fine But i would like to prevent this operation the pc isn't mine So anyone knows how to cancel a previous pending installation of win Thanks in advance

A:Wpeinit during Win7 install & Cancel pending installation of Win7

Try continuiing the installation to see if it will proceed or offer to roll back, Then try to start it over again watching for issues it flags to resolve. Back up your files, of course. Unplug all peripherals and other HD's.

If it fails I would back up your files, gather program installers and Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail Win7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222419-wpeinit-during-win7-install-cancel-pending-installation-win7.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Scenario is I have a new sata3 SSD drive on which I want to install Win7. The PC has an existing build of Win7 on a different disc which i want to reformat & use for data. I tried this previously and ended up with a dual booting system. Trying to remove the old Win7 installation and format that disc created much trouble so now I'm starting again.

Can someone tell me please how to:
1. Install Win7 on the new SSD disc (I'm assuming this will work ok as I've done it before),
2. Have the system recognise only the new Win7 installation at boot & not the old Win7 installation so I don't have to select which OS to use,
3. Reformat the old Win7 disc and remove any boot references that it might hold.

Thanks!

A:Create Win7 installation on new disc and remove old Win7 install

Only have the SSD connected when you install the new OS.

Then connect your old drive, boot into your new installation and format the old drive.

All done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/167661-create-win7-installation-new-disc-remove-old-win7-install.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Only moderate desperation would cause me to post this ?.

If machine #1 has a funtioning copy of Quicken 2003 and the 2nd machine a quasi functioning is there a utility that can gather all necessary registry program files and... From #1 and 'install' on #2?

Other option (and I'll probably have to visit the Acronis forum but since I'm here...) could the latest version image #1 then restore just 2003 to #2 in working fashion?

Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/389556-clone-program-installation-1-win7-another-win7.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I have this crucial m gb gb s for over a month I had it running win7 installation can't in WIN7-I complete AHCI. well WIN7-I can't complete win7 installation in AHCI. with the firmware up to date til i managed to clean my computer Looks like the boot manager didn't like that i switch moved two mechanical drive in different port the boot manager was probably on them so thats why win was tripping and freezing So i unplugged the two mechanical drive and did a fresh install of win I have a gigabyte x -ud r with marvell chip on on my gSATA port When i get the ssd i put the ICH in AHCI and the gSATA port as well and the installation completed Now it just dont work win will copy the files decompress them and then when it reboot it will hangs at the logo screen and do nothing for like min I tried switching the port in IDE and windows installation just complete Try to switch it back once win is install and it will hang on at the logo screen The win registry key for ahci is set to like it should be but i can't boot win when its set to ahci in the bios I tried the fresh installation times I have load the marvell driver from my mobo cd with the partionning tool in win installation and now it says what the installation can't update the registry after decompressing the files and it cancels the installation I've been on this for two days and it gives me serious headache please guys where do i start to make this ssd works like it was

A:WIN7-I can't complete win7 installation in AHCI.

i solved it, thanks guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/210948-win7-i-cant-complete-win7-installation-ahci.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I setup a new computer and moved an old HDD with Win7 on it. It won't boot because it lacks boot drivers for the new hardware and the sort, of course.

I plan on installing a new OS at some point, but what can I do for now? I want to fix it to run, but legacy mode won't work either.

How can I reconfigure Win7 with brand new drivers for my hardware, or any way to fix this?

Relevancy 46.87%

whenever i switch on my system, it shows 'new hardware found' and ends with 'error installing hardware'. in device manager it is listed as other devices>unknown device. i want to get rid of this, please help.

A:new hardware installation

Do you have anything plugged into the USB ports?

Post the hardware id for the unknown device (instructions below)

Quote:

Open the Device Manager
Right Click on the Device in question
Properties
Details Tab

In XP the VEN_ #### and DEV_ #### is located under Device Instance ID
In Vista and Win7 the VEN_ #### and DEV_#### is located under Hardware ID

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-hardware-installation-632432.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to install a driver for a PCI card whichis part of a satellite broadband installation. The card is a SkyStar " TV.
Version 4:2:2.. The system recognizes the card.
I follow the WIN98 SE wizard and tell the system to find the driver on a CD and it recognizes my Drive E and a path to what looks like a driver.
When pressing, 'Next', the system says it cannot find the driver.
At this point I try to cancel and start again, but I get a black screen telling me that there has been a Windows protection error.
The only way back to sanity is to remove the card, and restore my Registry in Safe Mode.
All help appreciated please.
Derek

Relevancy 46.87%

Every time I boot up, after a few minutes, I get a dialog box titled "Hardware Installation" which says "The software you are installing for this hardware: Non-Plug and Play Drives" has not passed Windows Logo testing..." yada yada.

I don't know why I am getting this dialog or how to get it to stop.

In Microsoft's infinite wisdom, they don't provide any more information in this dialog box, such as what program is invoking this box. I have not installed any hardware recently

How do I get it to stop?
Ideas?

Thanks.

A:Hardware Installation Pop up

Hi dependablejoe, and welcome to TSF.

A few more details would be good but at the very least......what operating system ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hardware-installation-pop-up-605782.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all,

I am going to be building a new desktop PC and have a new question about compatible parts.

I am trying to bide myself some time for windows 7 and more money so I was curious if I would be able to run my Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) which is on a samsung sp2504c...
Capacity : 250 GB
Interface : SATA 3.0 Gbps
Buffer DRAM Size : 8 MB
Rotational Speed : 7200 rpm
...on a new x58 mobo with the i7-920 (64-bit of course)

I know I won't be getting the full use of the 64 bits, but I will soon as possible be buying a new HDD to install windows 7 on (when I get more monies). Just curious if this will lead to any major issues rendering the new build useless for a while.

A:run old OS installation on new hardware

Why not use the Windows 7 Release Candidate which is totally operational, unitl June 2010?

You download the .ISO file and burn it as an ISO image to a blank DVD, you can install from that DVD.....

For $49.99 you can purchase the Upgrade for Win 7 which is to be released and available in October 2009....you buy it discounted now, and the disk is shipped then.

It can also do a clean install OR Upgrade, even if you are still running the Release Candidate...

http://news.google.com/news?q=Windo...eki9WaCQ&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=9
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/installation-instructions.aspx
http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/514412-windows-7-installation-guide-tutorial.html
http://lifehacker.com/5126781/

Normally, an OEM installation of Windows XP and I believe Vista, once activated, is bound to the first computer it is installed on for life....

A Retail (special license, very much more expensive, and does not come preinstalled on branded computers....)

is transferable to entirely new hardware environments, provided it is uninstalled from any previous systems....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/run-old-os-installation-on-new-hardware.842721/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Dell 2400 XP Pro. Problem is, it won`t let me install new hardware, printers, etc. Has box come up saying cannot find new hardware. No matter what I try to install. Have ran, spyware/adware/virsus scans. Other than that, computer functions normally. Has 1GB RAM. Any ideas? Thanks

A:hardware installation

Welcome
Are you using xp pro ?
Are you logging in as an administrator?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hardware-installation-183966.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just installed a DVD burner to my computer and I am trying to get it to work, I went into the boot menu and I thought I put in the settings right but now I am getting a restart message when it is suppose to go to the OS. What do I do? NTLDR is missing keeps coming up does anyone know what I can do?

Relevancy 46.87%

I am having problem in installing any hardware to my pc. Its an amdsempron, 80gb, 256mem, using windowsxp home edition. there were three (3)i-dont-know software blocking the installation. Help me please!

A:hardware installation

Did you load the chipset drivers first? . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-installation.569550/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have a more Hardware BSOD malfunction win7 64 and quadcore Intel computer with win The oomputer is now some years old but I had trouble for a long time All kind of crashes Hardware malfunction BSOD and more win7 64 bsod or simply freezes and I changed disks mobo memory even the W electr feed The last year is has been stable and I was hoping all trouble was over Alas since two months the system freezes crashes reboots more and more frequently I haven't changed anything that might have caused this afaik The last errors were hardware malfunctions telling me to contact the vendor Well he wasn't able to fix the problems earlier the computer is older now and i don't expect that he can get it right now I attach a minidump rar file a combination of the ast crashes today Hope I can type this message before the system craches again Thanks Gerard Verhoef I add info into this message and post it between since I fear the system crashes every minute so I enter info at intervals Sorry this makes bad reading but it's the only way right now In the system management logs the errors are different One of the errors that occurs but not always is WHEA logger error Id Hardware error reported by processorcore Processor ID Errortype error with busconnection translated out of Dutch I checked processor temperature regularly Immediately after a crash directly from the bios at startup Temp was always around deg celsius

A:Hardware malfunction BSOD and more win7 64

Just to let you know:
Since I wrote previous message an hour ago I had two more BSODs: One type 0x50 (Pagefault in non-paged area) and one type 0x1A (memory management).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/hardware-malfunction-bsod-and-more-win7-64-a-662688.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey my name s nick and i ve been having some pretty serious issues with my Win7 issue Bsod/Hardware pc About a week ago my computer restarts stopped working Whenever my computer was restarted manually or automatically to apply an update of some sort the computer Win7 Bsod/Hardware issue would not work It would Win7 Bsod/Hardware issue close down fine but upon trying to boot it would not even load the bios The hardware would all be there running but nothing Win7 Bsod/Hardware issue would load Today I got a Bsod while loading a video game quot Stop x Apc Index mismatch quot So I turned off my computer manually and turned it back on and the same thing happened nothing loaded not even bios I shut it off waited about minutes and turned off computer power looked around inside seeing if any ram got unsocketed or anything of that nature some cords were lying on my harddrive so i took them off Speakers made very loud noises when i unplugged and replugged the power cord I then turned on my computer and bios page was brought up saying The chassis has been tampered with or opened quot and i m currently running the computer atm in safemode typing this Any idea what the issue may be nbsp

A:Win7 Bsod/Hardware issue

You might want to try checking out the blue screen/stop error page on the MS site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-Windows-7

They have some prudent ideas (like trying to do a system restore) to see if you can try to get your machine up and running again.

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-bsod-hardware-issue.985568/
Relevancy 46.44%

Is there a way to run that hardware performance utility built into Vista and Windows 7 on XP? I could have sworn that the upgrade adviser did it but apparently not

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win7-vista-hardware-ratings-on-xp-528466.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Automatic Win7 (All New Hardware) Reboot all I've just put together a new PC but an having a problem with it rebooting Win7 Automatic Reboot (All New Hardware) itself It usually happens within - min of the system starting up The setup is a brand new MOBO CPU PSU RAM HDD and DVD-RW I'm using an older GPU My specs OS - Windows Home Premium bit CPU - Intel Core i MOBO - GB Z X-UD -B RAM - x Kingston HyperX Blue KHX C D B K GB DDR - GPU - XFX GeForce GT XXX Edition PV-T J-UDD HDD - WD Caviar Green GB MB SATA- G PSU - Antec Win7 Automatic Reboot (All New Hardware) High Current Gamer W Fans - x Thermalright X-SILENT mm x mm variety of brands To root out the problem I tried running the PC in safe mode this did not result in any reboots for the hours I left it in that state What diagnostics can I run to root out the problem Unfortunately I don't have any spare parts to sub in and thereby expose the guilty piece of hardware if that's the issue Thank you for your help guys

A:Win7 Automatic Reboot (All New Hardware)

I could also mention that I'm installing Windows off a burned DVD (downloaded the ISO off MS website). I've used this disc once before on a different build and it didn't give me any problems.

I've reinstalled the OS three times, reformatting the HDD before each. I've also run a memory test and it went through twelve passes with no problems reported.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179469-win7-automatic-reboot-all-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I have been running my pc on win RC and decided it was time to buy the retail version I bought Windows Home Premium I was also given a Seagate Barracuda rpm Gb SATA hard drive Help: Random 64 Hardware? Not Win7 BSOD; so I decided I would install it on that instead of my older IDE HD s This is my first time using SATA I have installed my new hard drive and loaded windows on it fine However after around minutes the computer will get a random BSOD and restart I have seen these errors so far - x e b f a and I triple boot this system with OSX RC win and now win Both of my other OS s are on separate IDE harddrives and both of Help: Win7 64 Random BSOD; Not Hardware? these systems can read write on the new Sata hd fine That to me means I do not have any hardware problems The only difference between Win RC and Win HomePrem is that Homeprem in on a SATA HD and bit I have updated my bios and tried to get the most recent bit drivers available In order to get my new Sata bit system working I had to add Help: Win7 64 Random BSOD; Not Hardware? new ram I know its good ran memtest and it works fine with RC osx and change my powerpack it works fine with my IDE HD s Here is the most recent error I received Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Click to expand I went ahead and looked in the event viewer and here are the events that stood out to me Kernel Power Event id Task category Kernel Processor Power Event id Task Category Wininit - A critical system process C Windows system lsass exe failed with status code The machine must now be restarted event ID Source APPLICATION ERROR EVENT id TASK CAT Faulting application name DllHost exe version time stamp x a bc b Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x a bdb b Exception code xc Fault offset x cdcbb Faulting process id xc c Faulting application start time x ca aa bf a Faulting application path C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe Faulting module path C Windows SysWOW ntdll dll Report Id eb d - - df- - a afd Source VOLSNAP The shadow copies of volume E were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit EventID Click to expand I have attached my most recent system dump files and my event log file evtx Thanks in advance Oh Here are my system specs CPU Intel Core Duo E Mobo ECS pt t-a Mem Gb DDR Mhz Video PNY GeForce PCIe MB HDD gb IDE Seagate Barracuda Gb Sound Onboard OS OSX Win RC Win nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Would someone please help me on this I built my own puter about six years ago after wiping and formatting the older BIT WINXP O S and installed a OEM version of WIN PRO I then had to search out Bit drivers for my older Epson all-in-one NX printer scanner Realtek Audio CS have hardware devices!!!!! OS, NEW I WIN7 but DELL old etc I don't have any problems to date but I am in need of a faster i and More DDr to replace a very tired Q and GB DDR RAM and replace my Nvidia GT OK ENOUGH ABOUT ME My older sister Cathy who continues to buying DELL products just got tired of the old slow -Bit WinXP and recently purchased a DELL with WIN -Bit O S I don't live close to her but wanted to help her out since NEW DELL WIN7 OS, but I have old hardware devices!!!!! she is NOT very computer literate at all She had the GEEK squad come over today to hook up her computer and network Wi-Fi but he left without loading any programs so basically she doesn't have anything on her computer except for the WIN O S I believe she has a few software titles like Microsoft OFFICE she needs to install and an older DELL Laser printer but she does not know how to go about it I told her to go to the device manufacturers websites to download the latest WIN Drivers for her hardware and or software to work LIKE DELL Now she tells my mom that she can not find the CD-ROM WHAT See what I mean I saw another post here that DELL charges for new drivers This can not be true Is there a step by step easy Installing software hardware drivers for DUMMIES Thank you for any piece of mind anyone could give me

A:NEW DELL WIN7 OS, but I have old hardware devices!!!!!

First there is nothing wrong with buying Dell. You seem to have something against that. I don't currently have a Dell, as I build my own, but I would not be averse to buying one.

Second since she "does not know how to go about it" with the software it may be best to pay someone to do that, if the software that is wanted to reinstall is compatible. Keep in mind OEM software that was delivered with the old PC is only legal for the PC it was delivered with. The geek squad will do what is needed, obviously for a price. The older Dell laser printer, may have drivers but without the model number I can't verify. Dell DOES NOT charge for drivers, another one of your misstatements, they are readily available on their download site at www.support.dell.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/320088-new-dell-win7-os-but-i-have-old-hardware-devices.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all
Specs on profile

I am running an expired version of the Windows 7 Beta so I can still boot to windows... But I finally bought Win7 Pro 64bit and would like to get that going.
I am basically having a similar issues to this thread:
http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...t-install.html

My computer freezes in the same spot when attempting to install Windows 7.
I now want to test my memory but I have a question. I will be using the latest version of memtest 86+ but my motherboard is a tri channel so should I test each stick on its own or all 3 together? Will it even boot with only 1 stick?

Also, if the ram turn out not to be bad, what can i do or install to make sure the processor is working correctly? As in all the cores working and such..

Thanks so much in advance. Oh and glad to be on the forums

A:PC freezes when installing Win7. Hardware Q

With Memtest86+ you should test each stick separately and in each slot,you don't want it to boot to the system just the test program on the boot disc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90397-pc-freezes-when-installing-win7-hardware-q.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I believe I read something before that Windows 7 will require a reactivation or revalidation even on a HDD change. Is this true? If so what things will trigger this? In XP the only things that would trigger it was a CPU or Motherboard change.

Right now I have a XP computer and use removable Hard Disk Drives with that same XP installed on all of them, but only 1 HDD is ever running, so its basically 1 computer with 3 XPs installed for 3 setups.

I want to do this with Windows 7 also, but if they are going to require reactivation each time I swap drives, its going to be a pain in the butt. Because it would require you to always have diskdrives that are the same size and model and if you upgraded one you'd have to upgrade them all, which is too expensive.

A:Win7 Re-Activation/Re-Validation with Hardware Changes?

Hello s0me0ne,

It's the same in Windows 7. Usually just a hard drive will not trigger it, instead it's usually something major like a motherboard that may seem like you have it on a different computer now.

If it does trigger reactivation, then it's just a simple phone activation.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31091-win7-re-activation-re-validation-hardware-changes.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Emachines desktop T with mb ram running win xp media center bit Want to upgrade to win I ran some sort of MS analysis can't remember the name on 32 adviser 64 to bit, bit Win7, says says upgrade XP hardware win the machine and it said it would run win Invoice from machine and hardware scan using CPU- says the machine has a bit processor Amd XP to Win7, hardware says 64 bit, win upgrade adviser says 32 bit Athlon t Win upgrade adviser says quot You'll need to perform a custom installation of bit windows and then re-install programs Back up files before beginning quot I have windows home premium upgrade which has both the bit and bit discs in the box This machine is XP to Win7, hardware says 64 bit, win upgrade adviser says 32 bit in my shop and I use it for listening to streaming radio and surfing the web It has some pictures I need to save but beyond that the only program that I use is firefox When it was used as my primary desktop in the house it's had a boat load of stuff loaded on it over the years and I'd like to format the drive during the win upgrade process Iv'e been reading around on the MS website about making the leap from xp to win and understand that I will need to do a custom or clean install and that I will lose all of my files programs settings in the process I'll use the win transfer utility to pull the picture files off and then re-install under win I have printed off the page upgrade process from the MS site so I'll have when I do the deed I have run into what may or may not be a conflict that I'd like to get some input on before I get into this thing I'd like to do the win bit upgrade if possible and the processor appears to be rated for it but the adviser says I have to do a bit install Is there something else hardware wise that's preventing a bit upgrade or is the adviser maybe just seeing the bit xp OS and saying a bit upgrade has to be done Thanks

A:XP to Win7, hardware says 64 bit, win upgrade adviser says 32 bit

I use 32 bit for any installs with 4gb or less RAM. It seems to perform better. With 3gb I would definitely go with 32 bit.

Be sure to delete all partitions using the Drive Options in Steps 7/8 of Clean Install Windows 7 to get the cleanest install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/326331-xp-win7-hardware-says-64-bit-win-upgrade-adviser-says-32-bit.html
Relevancy 46.44%

This appears to be the right area to post this If it's not I'm very Need hardware Desktop for for new advice Win7 PC sorry I just joined Anyway a friend of mine recommended this forum to me for answers to a few questions I have I'm looking into making my current computer be built up to the right standards for gaming but I don't know a whole bunch about PCs as such I've resorted to asking people who do know before making any big choices Here are my current system specs OS Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack Need advice for new hardware for Win7 Desktop PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Cores Dual Core Memory MB DDR RAM Graphics card Intel R Need advice for new hardware for Win7 Desktop PC HD Graphics Family I'm already going to be replacing the graphics card with a Nvidia GTX which to my understanding is a great graphics card for a good price Note I don't have a LOT of money to work with so I'm more or less going for what would be quot good but not ridiculously expensive quot If you need more info than what I provided just ask Thanks for any help

A:Need advice for new hardware for Win7 Desktop PC

Upgrading to a SSD will help with you, OCZ Vertex 4. Also, what is the brand of your memory? You may be able to get more performance out of better ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279970-need-advice-new-hardware-win7-desktop-pc.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I just got a real steal deal on a new i - K and an Asrock z motherboard from Microcenter and have some new G Skill DDR on the way from Newegg I am an AMD build to an Intel build which will be my first Intel in years I got into AMD back with the old K - 's Anyway I am running Windows bit Ultimate I am going to pull out all my AMD stuff eventually motherboard Phenom II and its Ram kit then replace it all with the Intel parts Obviously Hardware of new Re-Install Clean Win7 with I am going to want to do a complete total wipe of my HDD and reinstall from scratch off a clean slate Before I do that I would like to know the best option for backing up most of my data Go I go PCName gt gt gt Local Disk C gt gt gt Users gt gt gt Myname and just copy back up the entire quot Myname quot folder which contains all the AppData My Docs folders etc Then copy that all back onto the new installation

A:Clean Re-Install of Win7 with new Hardware

Yes you can do that however re-importing hidden AppData settings is a corruption path into a brand new clean reinstall so it's better to not import any but the active User folders, then start fresh.

Here are steps to adapt to get a perfect reinstall based on thousands we've helped with here: Reinstalling Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/199241-clean-re-install-win7-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have been working on this packard belle computer with xp. I fixed the original problem but now I have another problem the dvd drive does not work I have been inside the computer and checked the connections all seem ok. I have checked in devices manager and there may be a problem here the NEC rw dvd drive has an exclamation mark inside a yellow circle. I have uninstalled the driver and then booted up again I am getting the found new hardware message it has found the dvd drive but then I get another message saying a problem has occured during installation the device may not work properly, How can I find out what this problem is???

A:a problem hardware installation

Go to device manager and remove it. Then reboot, see if it clears
it up.
You could also try reinstalling/installing mobo drivers, the cd that
came with the pc,,chipset drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-problem-hardware-installation-301914.html
Relevancy 46.01%

A friend of mine really needed an O S re-install which I did Windows XP Home I do have a genuine dell recourse CD in which the drivers are on or are they I am having too big a problem for what I think is a simple thing to do Members I call on you once again for help I have been through the recourse CD completely From the Add Hardware Wizzard to every trick I know in the device manager and everything in between nothing has worked for me Yes it s those same drivers guys and gals The Ethernet Controller SM Bus Controller Multimedia Audio Controller and the Problem Installation Hardware Video Controller VGA Compatible My request is for a step by step guide to solve this so I can get my friend s PC back to him But it does for me unfortunetely need to be just that step by step without omitting anything it s always those little things that slap me I will mail you the beer or whatever Hardware Installation Problem for the assist Thanks to you all The Advanced Beginner

A:Hardware Installation Problem

when in doubt get on Dells main site and download the drivers manually. specific drivers are rarely kept on the same disc as the OS-they are usually on a seperate disc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290499/hardware-installation-problem/
Relevancy 46.01%

Any time I plug anything into the computer using USB (printer, camera, etc.), I get the following message:

Cannot install hardware.
An error occurred during the installation of the device.
The Data is invalid.

It has happened ever since I started using my computer. I tried microsoft's "solution", which is to restart computer in safe mode, rename driver.cab file in C:\windows\driver cache\i386 driver.old, put in windows cd, browse cd, copy driver.cab file to same folder as driver.old, restart. This did not work. Help?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-installation-problems.346253/
Relevancy 46.01%

Yesterday I installed a new HP color laserJet printer 2605dn. It is working fine--however, now I do not have the Windows default music that comes on when you turn on the computer or shut it off. I have done everything and am frustrated. Can you please help? Do I have to do anything else after new hardware is installed? I am using Windows XP office Professional.

A:Problems after new hardware installation

Double click the speaker icon in the tray and make sure the volume isn't muted by accident.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-after-new-hardware-installation.585600/
Relevancy 46.01%

Yesterday I installed a new HP color laserJet printer 2605dn. It is working fine--however, now I do not have the Windows default music that comes on when you turn on the computer or shut it off. I have done everything and am frustrated. Can you please help? Do I have to do anything else after new hardware is installed? I am using Windows XP office Professional.

A:Problems after new hardware installation

I appreciate a quick reply so I don't spend another late night trying to fix my problem. THANKS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-after-new-hardware-installation.585579/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just Reset my Gateway LT2802u to factory settings and it restart
---------
**The Problem**
When the "Setup is Starting Services" an error pops up saying ,

Windows Could Not Complete the installation. To instal Windows on this computer restart the installation.

Now after I press ok the system restarts and just continues to do the same attempt but will give me the same message.
Any knowledge on this issue? Answer at link below
Windows 7 Ultimate vs Factory Settings

A:Installation Hardware Trouble

Obviously, the factory recovery has not succeeded.What operating system was installed when you first bought the computer?
What operating system are you trying to restore?
Did you burn a set of recovery discs?
If so, did you try and use these recovery discs?
The reason I'm asking these questions is that you've already posted a couple of threads asking about product keys and activation methods in particular.

Ultimately, your best bet may be a clean install of Windows using your COA product key to activate the system afterwards.

This tutorial explains what to do.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/226853-installation-hardware-trouble.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm upgrading to a new ASUS motherboard new chipset x to x and a new processor I'm going to try to run my current Windows installation a retail copy - not OEM without reinstalling from scratch On the previous install after backing everything up I removed as many of the old system drivers as made sense USB graphics etc and deactivated any software that needed that I'm close to ready to see what happens If it all fails then I'll just reinstall from scratch - which I'll do anyway on some rainy day I'm just interested in seeing how well Windows will hardware Transfer installation to new cope with such a change of hardware - though it's still an ASUS Deluxe board a recent Intel Chipset and a fairly recent processor BUT - HERE'S THE QUESTION When one makes such a major hardware change Windows will certainly complain Transfer installation to new hardware and require reactivation But is there any grace period I'm hoping I might have a couple of days to confirm that everything works properly before Transfer installation to new hardware having to call Microsoft If there's a serious hardware issue then I would have to revert back to my old hardware until any problems are resolved Does anyone here know what will likely happen I'm just concerned that I might be stuck with a computer that's locked until reactivated and then find that there's a serious problem with the new system

A:Transfer installation to new hardware

Windows 10 will de-activate on the first boot on the new hardware. The only thing you will lose is some of the personalization settings customization and you will start getting nag screens to activate Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/52504-transfer-installation-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have installed XP SP which I intend to use offline so I can play games because my more uo-to-date OS can't play some games my older OS XP can New Hardware Installation After Updating play However I can't update the hardware on it I tried going to Device Manager and updating the audio and other items in there but it doesn't want to work I tried installing Lavalys Everest Home Edition to visit the relevant site for the hardware to update them but that gives me a BSoD I nearly miss those and I also tried using windows's own update but it says I need to update IE because it encountered an error so it won't work on IE to which it also says I must upgrade to a later version of windows in order to update IE which I am not doing on purpose because I want to play games the more modern OS won't allow to work Going to download Everest again it Updating Hardware After New Installation says to try another programme which is a successor to it I don't want to try anything which will be only a trial and tell me I must pay I want to have free home versions which is what Everest was which I used I also use a good old CRT monitor instead of my laptop's screen for whatever Updating Hardware After New Installation reason it doesn't want to allow the monitor to work with it How can I update the graphics and audio and get the monitor to work as the minimum so I can play my games enjoyably please I have a connected mouse and keyboard which I use It's a Samsung laptop and -bit If I need to upgrade to SP then that is not a problem because I downloaded the SP executable ages ago and kept it - for possible reasons exactly as this Thanks

A:Updating Hardware After New Installation

Hello? Is this thing on?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606831/updating-hardware-after-new-installation/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey...

my computer does not accept any USB input devices...this includes mp3 players, printers, scanners, flashdrives, cameras and external harddrives (my mouse and keyboard are not affected as they are PS2) i have looked at other threads on this forum and followed them as instructed uninstalling usb drivers ect including all otherwise hidden devices and updated the registry then rebooted twice but now the USB ports are registered as unknown devices so obviously nothing can be put through them.

(to see this other thread click here)

However it did not work so i am left with the following question Why did this not work? Do the usb drivers need to be updated? What should I do?

Before i took these steps i created a system restore point so i can undo changes if neccesary.

Any help greatly apreciated this problem has been happening for a while now
and it is driving me slightly crazy!

Thanks

Henry

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me. A few months ago, I was trying to install my old printer on my new XP laptop. I inserted the disk and ran into trouble because (I think) I didn't have the correct print drivers on this new computer. Instead of messing with all that, I wound up buying a new, networking printer. I have the new one installed and it works beautifully.

The problem of this pop-up remains, though. I guess it's not really a problem -- just really annoying. Whenever I turn the computer on, it wants me to go through a wizard to help me complete the installation of the new device. Well, I don't want to install that old printer anymore. I've searched and searched, but can't figure out how to make that pop-up quit.

Any ideas? TIA!

Relevancy 46.01%

I received a Tascam us-122 for Christmas, and can't get it to install. It may be the something with my USB, but then again maybe not. After I install the drivers, re-boot the computer, and connect the hardware I get the error:

Run a DLL as an App has Encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The data error report says:

Event type : BEX P1: rundle32.exe P2 : 5.1.2600.2180 P3 : 41107dbc
P4 : setupapi.dll P5: L 5.1.2600.2180 P6 : 004644e P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

And the Technical Information is:

The following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1/DIMENS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa3a.dir00\rundl32.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1/DIMENS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa3a.dir00\appcompat.txt

My computer is:
Dell 8300
Microsoft Windows XP
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
PentiumŪ 4CPU 2.6GHz
1.00 GB of RAM

Please let me know if you need other info! Thanks in advance for help with this problem!

A:USB Hardware Installation Problems

I'd start with their tech support, since that's the folks that have the best shot of solving this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-hardware-installation-problems.429917/
Relevancy 46.01%

I would like to install a hardware firewall not a software, but don’t know how. I have installed the Sygate Personal Firewall and I use Windows 2000 Pro. Could you please advise me on this matter? I look forward in hearing your advice, since I know very little about computers.
Thank you!

A:Installation of Hardware FIREWALL

Hi theo,

You'd be better off starting a thread over in the Networking forums.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-of-hardware-firewall.285121/
Relevancy 45.58%

As succinct as possible I have computers - one running Win Pro x main computer for work and gaming and the other running Win Ultimate x second computer Both Win installations are OEM The second computer has been sitting dead for close to a year because the motherboard died and I have not really wanted to spend money getting it running until now The route I am taking is to upgrade the main computer motherboard CPU and RAM and put the current quot main quot motherboard CPU RAM into the nd computer Logic would dictate that I ONLY upgrade the nd computer and make it the main computer However the Main computer hardware Win7 OEM to crash/replacement due re-activation has an SSD Hard Drive Win7 OEM re-activation due to hardware crash/replacement in it and the nd one does not So I'd prefer to keep the SSD HD for it's speed That's why I've chosen this convoluted replacement process There are other reasons for the convoluted process if you need elaboration let me know I did see a person ask about upgrading and keeping their license I'm not sure if Microsoft views reasons for hardware changes due to failure differently I suppose it's a matter of luck And thank you all for your time effort

A:Win7 OEM re-activation due to hardware crash/replacement

OEM license lives and dies with the mobo. Once you change mobo unless you use the exact same model it will fail reactivation. Any other hardware can be changed and should survive reactivation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231751-win7-oem-re-activation-due-hardware-crash-replacement.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have upgraded a machine from an Intel motherboard to an ASUS P8H61-M LX. New CPU and RAM. Before installing the new hardware I changed all drivers to standard drivers, did a system image to an external HDD. After installing the new hardware Windows hangs with 4 little colored dots on the screen (start of win banner?). A safe mode boot stops at classpnp.sys. The same thing happens if I try to boot from the WIN CD. I went back to the old hardware setup and tried to do a sysprep, but that failed with fatal error, but no more info. The HDD is set to IDE, using a PS2 mouse and keyboard. I cannot do a clean install as there is some very old software on the machine. Anything else I can try?

A:Hardware upgrade now Win7 Ultimate won't boot

Did you read and go by this tutorial. It may help with running sysprep. Particularly read the very last part of the tutorial, I think it may be why you got the fatal error message. I have used this tutorial a couple of times and it works like a charm, as long as you follow it exactly.
Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243960-hardware-upgrade-now-win7-ultimate-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I just recently installed a new motherboard graphics card gb RAM and a w power supply unit Upon installation I can now no longer boot into Windows I am pushed into a quot Windows Error Recovery quot where I can choose from two options quot Launch Startup Repair quot or quot Start Windows Normally quot both of which end up with me having to restart the computer and eventually get back to this screen Before getting to this screen I do see a message Installation. Windows Hardware Boot HELP! Will Not After for a brief second that reads quot AMD Data Change Update New Data to DMI quot Here are my computer specs as of right now items in bold are new as of today and are the cause of the problem as far as I can tell Compaq CQ F AMD Athlon II u Processor Windows bit gb RAM DDR Gigabyte LMT-S P Motherboard EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Ti Graphics Card W Power Supply I tried a system restore from about a week ago with zero results I REALLY do not want to have to do a complete restore back to factory specs I Windows Will Not Boot After Hardware Installation. HELP! do have the disc and all to do this however as I don't have another hard-drive to back all of my files onto I cannot Windows Will Not Boot After Hardware Installation. HELP! afford to lose what's on there Can anyone help me This has been a week-long fiasco with Micro Center giving me the wrong hardware and a lot of running around to clean up their mess since they are unwilling Now this happens and all they can tell me is to make another mile drive for them to quot see what they can do quot and charge me loads of money to do it I'm over wasting my time gas and patience with these fools Thanks -Tyler

A:Windows Will Not Boot After Hardware Installation. HELP!

You'll probably have to do a clean install. You have changed boards, and the new board will not run on the old board's drivers. Just hook your hard drive up as an external on another machine and copy your info, or try to copy/paste from the recovery console. You will need someplace to store the info, like an external hard drive. Then format your hard drive and do a clean install. Download the drivers from Gigabyte's website and EVGA's/Nvidia site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223622-windows-will-not-boot-after-hardware-installation-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've recently fitted an old mm100 pctv card into my computer, I'm running xp pro. Card has been recognised but when I go through the install procedure it says that the drivers cannot be found (which I have both on cd and on the hardrive) I would really appreciate some help in this matter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pctv-hardware-installation-problem.387401/
Relevancy 45.58%

We have got the error as listed below at the time of installation of windows 7 in Dell 520 Laptop. We have diagnose the memory too but couldn?t find any error in that. Please check what could be the issue and if you have faced the same issue there.

Please provide some solution for PM too that was communicated in a separate mail to you.

Error:
*** Hardware Malfunction***
Call your Hardware vendor For Support
NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error
*** The System Has Halted ***

A:Hardware error while windows 7 installation

Points to RAM I reckon. Boot from the CD but into the repair mode and run windows memory diags.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/64083-hardware-error-while-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Briefly any attempts to reinstall network adapter driver for onboard component and also for the just-bought-and-installed in PCI-E slot network adapter results in the message Cannot install drivers No Intel R Adapters are present in this computer Details lots Hardware Acer Aspire M with Win Home Premium bit Motherboard is a Foxconn P M with onboard Intel R DC Gigabit Network Connection Driver it driver Device the will hardware see installation not had at Device driver installation will not see the hardware the time it stopped working was Basically the family member who owns Device driver installation will not see the hardware this PC stated the network stopped working mid task Yes it was a safe site they are not that type Couple of hours on the phone with the internet provider ended with a quot The problem is at your end nothing we can do quot spiel Understandable once I had the PC delivered to me and went into the device manager to see a row of yellow triangles for every network component Rebooted into safe mode with networking Ran Norton Internet Security Ran Malwarebytes Nothing No internet Green and orange lights at network port OK I think Lets reinstall the drivers Go to Acer website Get drivers Will not install Says it cannot find any network device Restart PC and go into BIOS Onboard LAN is enabled there Get newer driver from Intel website nice to have PCs and same thing Fine enough mucking around Empty PCI-E x slot just begging for a network card Go buy the Intel R Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter Follow the proper grounding powered down routine to install card Double checked to ensure proper slot placement During restart I did detour thru the BIOS to disable the Onboard LAN Tried installing the drivers for the PCI-E card Same problem as before Says it cannot find any network device Specifically quot Cannot install drivers No Intel R Adapters are present in the computer quot It's there in device manager just missing the driver to operate Try a couple of times in fact Notice that during the driver install process the software detects the onboard device as well as the PCI-E device Both are Intel so that makes sense Wanted other than Intel when I bought the PCI-E card but store selection prevented But why is it detecting the onboard I ask That was disabled in the BIOS Restart again check BIOS Disabled Try reinstall again Same thing So now I surfed the net for ideas Others with same problem lots of quot solutions quot It's your cable it's your modem its your router But this PC has now been in two separate homes At my home I unhooked a working PC to put this Acer in its place so same working cables same monitor and keyboard And kind of hard to do some suggested things when the PC has no working internet connection Others have even reformatted and reinstalled the OS No difference for them Some who have installed a network card because the onboard was dead had success Not with this PC though Driver software will not see the devices More internet searching found these to run at the command prompt ipconfig release - gave the message quot Windows IP Configuration quot without the quotes and the command prompt again ipconfig renew - gave the message quot Windows IP Configuration quot without the quotes and the command prompt again netsh winsock reset catalog - gave the message quot Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog You most restart the computer in order to complete the reset netsh int ip reset reset log gave me the message quot There's no user specified settings to be reset quot I'm at a loss

A:Device driver installation will not see the hardware

Do you have sign inside Device Manager ? Under Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299895-device-driver-installation-will-not-see-hardware.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all Never nice to have your first post as a problem but I reckon I ll be spending a lot of time on here as there seems to be no end of good advice Any hardware configuration issues Installation / help would be much appreciated First off my spec Gigabyte N SLI -DS L can be found here http www ebuyer com product Q Ghz G stepping http www ebuyer com product Corsair RAM x gig http www ebuyer com product Inno D GT G MB bit GDDR Dual DVI HDTVOut PCI-E Graphics card Samsung spinpoint gig and an Antec Sonata case with watt psu Right After masses of problems with my Asus board pre Gigabyte and a faulty gigabyte board city link have finally found my house Put everything together and start up the PC Problem quot Warning A new CPU detected amp ROMSIP table has been updated accordingly quot I have no idea what this meant might not even be a problem but in any case I restarted as it told me and tried to go into the bios All seemed fine After messing about with my old xp harddrive and the USB mouse amp keyboard support in the bios I decided to get on and install vista on the samsung A couple of times it hung right at Installation / hardware configuration issues the beginning of the install I put Installation / hardware configuration issues this down to my crappy usb dvd drive but went to the bios and loaded the fail safe defaults It installed all the way up to the completing installation screen and then froze Tried it again same thing except this time half the screen went blank and had a colour band across it looks like a gfx card problem Started up again Got a gfx card error noise from the motherboard when I plugged in the internal DVD drive Checked the connections and tried again - froze at the same point this time with the internal drive Basically XP seems to work fine - even though its all configured to my old computer I don t know why I got a gfx card error because with my asus board I used to play crysis with no problems although the board went wrong and was a nightmare This is why I think its a problem with Vista and my hardware configuration rather than the hardware itself Ebuyer has kindly offered to take back the ram the cpu the gfx card and the motherboard free of charge to check them out but I ve been trying to get this up and running for weeks now sending things back and forth so I d quite like to get it sorted myself I ve read about a few fixes on here for example http forums techguy org windows-vista -work-around-procedure-vista-installation html that I m going to try but they seem quite old Why is this problem still prevalent I m not going to lie I was hoping someone could hold my hand on this one - because by the time I get this sorted my expensive new pretty old now PC will need replacing Sorry its an essay an ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-hardware-configuration-issues.694852/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone I'm just throwing this one out there to see if maybe someone has a clue One of my systems is having some serious issues installing Windows I'm pretty much convinced that it's a hardware issue but I've been unable to diagnose it thus far ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon San Diego GB WD Caviar Nvidia GT GB G Skill DDR Memorex DVD Burner When I go to install Windows after the disc loads the setup files it just hangs It just seems to freeze I know the disc is a good disc because I have verified the integrity of the data and have used this disc to install Win on a few other systems without issue My first reaction was that it was a DVD Strange Issue Installation Hardware Burner issue I swapped it out for another one but Strange Hardware Installation Issue same problem I then installed Ubuntu onto a USB drive and attempted to install Ubuntu from it Not because I wanted Ubuntu on there but because I wanted to make certain that it wasn't a DVD burner issue Same problem When Ubuntu gets to the install screen the system freezes I then downloaded Western Digital's diagnostics program to check and see if there was a problem with the hard drive It passed with flying colors I've tested the RAM with memtest No problems I'm just not really sure what the problem is I've tried several different DVD's in the drive and they work in a Windows environment but if I attempt to install an OS at startup it hangs This has happened with XP Vista Win and Ubuntu I tried all just to see what would happen Anyone have a clue what I may be missing

A:Strange Hardware Installation Issue

I had a problem installing the 32bit RC on a friend's XP system when the dvd burned as well as the GParted live cd for seeing the XP primary resized refused to go past a certail point as well. From there I used a usb key made for GParted in order to get that part done as well as a usb key made up for the RC. XP/7 now running together.

Later when going back to boot from the RC dvd again but canceling the installation out with 7 already on the dvd drive worked like a champ! That would be a thought for you there if you have one, an external usb drive or second partition for mounting the iso?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/13982-strange-hardware-installation-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

At startup my Win XP Home software comes up with Found New Hardware for my already installed and working Epson Stylux C80 printer. I then have to go through a bunch of steps to re-activate the printer. Reinstalling the Epson software and driver from disk or downloading from the Epson web site does not end the problem.

Question - How can I discontinue this New Hardware Program until needed for new hardware. Or is there another approach to this.

TIA

A:Discontinuing Hardware Installation Wizard

Are you using:

Printer Driver v5.3cAs
Windows XP, Windows 2000
epson10192.exe - 3.7MB - posted on 01/25/02

See: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14411

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/discontinuing-hardware-installation-wizard.192067/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently bought laptop with Vista on it hoping the system wouldn t be as bad Hardware Vista problems & Installation as I heard it was from close friends Well so far I m sorry I did I ve been trying to connect a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Mouse Keyboard amp Receiver to my laptop and while it gets recognized as new hardware it doesn t recognize either the disk that came with the hardware nor the -Bit Vista drivers I downloaded and installed Vista & Hardware Installation problems on a directory in my laptop It just says it can t find compatible drivers and doesn t install them I had a logitech MX Revolution mouse as well and same result upon connecting it asks me for the disc which I insert then after it says it doesn t contain valid drivers it asks me for a location to which I point out the directory in which the updated drivers from the webpage are installed in and it says it couldn t find anything Even when I insert an SD card to transfer files it asks me for the Disc that contains the Drivers for the SD card Drivers for an SD Card What bugs me is that my brother was able to install a Generic USB bluetooth receiver the nd day I had this laptop Ambicom brand and that s the only piece of hardware that works outside of the laptop itself I m really about to give up so if anyone has any info I d really appreciate it Comp Info HP Pavillion dv cl Notebook PC Windows Vista Home bit OS devices info Logitech MX Revolution Doesn t work MS Wireless Desktop System Doesn t work Ms Notebook Presenter Mouse Doesn t work Ambicom Bluetooth Receiver Works nbsp

A:Vista & Hardware Installation problems

Are you using Vista drivers? The wireless desktop works flawlessly in Vista. All you need is Intellitype and Intellipoint version 6.

It sounds like you are putting the drivers in a folder but not installing them. They do need to be installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-hardware-installation-problems.602888/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi So I've just replaced some of my PC parts with the following - W P -A PSU - T AMD Phenom II CPU X - GB Kingston RAM DDR - M N T-M V MOBO Alright so I'm able to get up to the Windows logo screen which is when the computer will blue screen I can't see what it says as the text is smaller than it usually is for me and the blue screen only lasts for half a second I'm thinking that it's most likely the PSU as I notice that when I switch my CPU to core from core it crashes faster Also the PSU is obviously from one of those cheaper PSU brands It is the P -A APOWER PSU which only costs about AU I just want to make sure that it is the PSU before I buy another new crashing installation PC hardware after [SOLVED] one I'm thinking of the CX- W V Corsair PSU I also think that it could be that I had not applied enough thermal paste I'm pretty sure that I did apply enough I put about a pea size amount then spread it around but I have read that not putting enough will cause the PC to crash [SOLVED] PC crashing after new hardware installation Other then them two I'm thinking that I was suppose to update my BIOS or something like that which I haven't done yet Any help would be appreciated thanks [SOLVED] PC crashing after new hardware installation

A:[SOLVED] PC crashing after new hardware installation

Hi Sleekism,

If you change your Motherboard (and other hardware components for that matter) You need to do a complete reinstallation of your Operating system. The other installation you still have in, is bound to your other hardware, and thus will not work. It either results in no boot at all or bluescreens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-pc-crashing-after-new-hardware-installation-597808.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to install new drivers for a USB CD-RW drive.

When I'm almost done, having selected to install the newly downloaded drivers, it gives me the following:

"This hardware cannot be installed
A problem occured when the unit was being installed.
Access denied."

(Rough translation from Swedish.)

I'm doing this from an admin account, and I've made sure the windows folders are all NOT write protected. Has anyone here come across this before?

(I tried looking at microsoft's own support pages, but as I expected, they were pretty useless...)

A:Hardware installation: access denied

Did you connect the USB CD-RW drive before installing the software? If so it may be the problem. You should disconnect it and perform a System Restore and select a date before you connected it. Then install the USB CD-RW drive software.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-installation-access-denied.273141/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I have got a 2nd hand razer naga mouse. I plugged it in and it auto downloaded driver but I couldn't move mouse so had to shut down PC the "naughty" way. I am now unable to start the computer properly. Start up repair fails, system restore fails, using safe mode I get as far as "windows starting" screen then it turns off and restarts. New mouse is removed but hasn't resolved the issue. This seems to be the problem recorded....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-problem-after-hardware-installation.1132756/
Relevancy 45.58%

I downloaded a driver for my Epson C82 printer. I burned the zip file to a CD so that I could install the printer on another computer. How do I get the drivers installed. I burned the driver to a CD because I lost the installation CD.

Next question: I have two onboard USB ports on the computer that are not working. I suspect the ports because the same USB devices work on another computer. For instance: memory sticks, USB mouse.

Next question: The same computer in questions "reads" some floppies and not others.

Thanks for your help.

Sylvia

I am running Window XP Professional on the computers that I am using.

A:Driver Installation and Other Hardware Issues

For the printer you need to copy the zip file from the cd to the hard drive on the system on which you wish to install the printer. Put it in its own folder. Then you need to unzip the file. When it's time to install the driver for the printer point windows to that location.

Did the USB ports ever work? Is this a brand system or did someone build it and not hook up the ports? Check in Device Manager for any problems with the USB controllers.

That's the nature of floppies and floppy drives. There are floppy drive cleaners. It might help it might not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-installation-and-other-hardware-issues.326762/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have Windows Me and
Whenever I try to install new hardware(videocard,external modem,printer), when I turn on my computer Windows starts to load then I get an error diologue box that says:

Cmdninst has caused an error in <unknown>
cmdninst will now close
If you continue to experience problems try restarting your computer.

However, in the case of the videocard at least when I took it out/disconnected it Windows loads fine. Any help would be appreciated as I have spent a lot of money on a printer/modem/ and a new videocard and would like to be able to use them.

A:Startup Error after hardware Installation

There are some ideas here

Cmdinst

I would look at #1 and the suggestion after #5

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-after-hardware-installation.314251/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I'm new and wanted to seek Hardware Installation A Error? Recent for some assistance If I post in the wrong section please notify with me as I'm have serious troubles right now with my computer The scenario A couple of days ago I turned on my computer it started to load the Windows XP Professional Windows Whilst it was loading half way it stopped and resetted But before resetting it gave me the so called 'Blue Screen of Death' saying a recent hardware installation has disabled me from accessing Windows I did some heavy research and many stated the tedious and cliche comment of reformatting my computer This statement holds validity BUT I do not want to reformat exactly yet because I did not back up A Recent Hardware Installation Error? my stuff unfortunately as that day I wanted to A Recent Hardware Installation Error? backup because I had time on my hands I extended my researched and discovered something called Parallel Reinstall which is activated without accessing windows It is activated through pressing F F F for me and accessing ur CD DVD Drive and it will start the proccess The most common tutorial for this so called quot Parallel Install Reinstall quot is from Google and probably the only one used This Link is the tutorial about how to access this install to I guess reformat your computer Now this to me is the controversial section Some say you can recover either your C Drive main drive or any other seperate drive and will be pasted into your spare drive and saved there For example D Drive was my one It will be copied there every single file will be copied into my D Drive aka Second Drive and can be accessed I started to speculate because my friend did it once when I was over at his house He used the Parallel System thing and got his file back with a clean Windows So now Im wondering what can I do I want to confirm if I use the Parallel System Install to reformat is there a chance to recover my valuable files If so can anyone redirect me to a tutorial or instructions stipulations whatever lol I just need some assistance I cant really get into safemode or windows itself to back up anything or even system restore Can anyone help me out here Thank You

A:A Recent Hardware Installation Error?

I think a blue screen of death during the windows loading screen usually means bad RAM. Do you have multiple RAM's? If so, try taking them all out and boot with one stick of RAM at a time to figure out the bad one. At least, that was the case with my PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-recent-hardware-installation-error-270474.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I was recently confronted with a quot found new hardware quot message with the wizard starting after I opened my PC It was not able to locate the driver and as such the message left was quot Mysterious wizrd Hardware - installation your device may not work properly quot - The Mysterious - Hardware installation wizrd mystery is what hardware was missing - it mentioned MEDIA thats all and I am at a loss to know Mysterious - Hardware installation wizrd what harware it referred to I have not encountered problems to this date although I did have a CD burning problem that I overcame but no other issues have arisen I did check the system info and I have noticed under problem devices Device Not Available PNP Device ID ROOT MEDIA Error code The Driver to this device are not installed I am not sure what device it may refer to or how to find and correct Under device manager I have Unknown device under sound video and game controller ran the Wizard to search all to no avail Sound is working no game controllers are plugged in and as far as I can tell there are no other plugged in components that would explain it nbsp

A:Mysterious - Hardware installation wizrd

Go to Safe mode and then in Device manager just remove the Unknown Devices. Then reboot. If it comes up again then you need to let Windows search for you on the INTERNET to find the driver for it. Do you have a Sound card Disk with drivers on it? If you do when you reboot and the message comes up put that disk in and see if it can find the driver it is missing on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mysterious-hardware-installation-wizrd.570512/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I recently purchased a Microsoft cordless keyboard and mouse which I am quite happy with I had to download stuff from the Microsoft website to get it up and running properly but there were download options The first one I clicked was the PS compatible mouse but this came back with an error report cannot install this etc So I tried the other option without a problem Ever since then my PC starts up with a Wizard installation hardware report cannot install PS compatible mouse which wastes Compatible Get Mouse Rid Installation [email protected] Hardware? Of How To times and is annoying I have searched everywhere I can think to find where I can remove How To Get Rid Of [email protected] Compatible Mouse Installation Hardware? this object but since it did not install it is difficult to locate I can only locate it under hardware installation but this leaves me no option to delete and only offers to try to install whilst reminding me that this could damage my existing driver I do not want it How can I make it and its annoying How To Get Rid Of [email protected] Compatible Mouse Installation Hardware? pop up reminder go away Please help

A:How To Get Rid Of [email protected] Compatible Mouse Installation Hardware?

Try using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and look for any remnants of the errant installMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/121061/how-to-get-rid-of-ps-compatible-mouse-installation-hardware/
Relevancy 45.58%

anyone care to recommend any good step-by-step general hardware installation websites? e.g. building computers, installing components etc etc

cheers

A:hardware installation guide websites

Try extremtech.com and scroll down to "Step-By-Step How To". Interesting read and offers some pictures, too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-installation-guide-websites.183622/
Relevancy 45.58%

Let me start off by fresh hardware 7 new installation Windows on saying that I have seen several similar posts in these and other forums Windows 7 fresh installation on new hardware but none have exactly the same symptoms as I have with this Windows 7 fresh installation on new hardware problem Backstory I previously had windows dualbooting with Ubuntu on my barebones computer kit with a Nvidia GeForce GT video card upgrade The specifications of this machine were as follows Motherboard - Evga i Processor - Intel core Quad Q at about ghz Memory - x gb gb DDR Power - W HDD - gb Sata details beyond this I either don't know or can't find I decided to upgrade my computer in the hopes of expanding it further later this year so the changes I made were Motherboard - gt Gigabyte GA-H M-USB Processor - gt Intel Core i k at ghz NOT OVERCLOCKED Memory - gt x gb gb DDR at Power - gt W I planned on keeping the HDD the same and doing a system repair to recover the Windows and Ubuntu installations on this hardware Basically I was putting the old harddrive in a completely new computer I tried to run the computer with the video card but quickly found out that the mobo wasnt set up for it yet I started off only using stick of ram as well The bios and post run exactly as they should I made sure the bios settings for the HDD were set to Sata IDE like the old mobo settings I set my cd drive and HDD as first and second boot order respectively and I tried to start up windows from GRUB like normal started to load the windows animation started and then after a few seconds the entire system abruptly turned off - waited a few seconds - and turned itself back on I searched many forums and found similar reactions for hardware changes and tried their solutions First I tried a system recovery the suggested option when loading the OS after the restart It said it couldn't fix any problems Then I tried to use a restore point but this had no effect I put the Win install cd in but it takes full minutes to load then another to setup after the language select then it only asks to reinstall or repair Repair has the same effect as the OS's suggested repair cannot fix problems I tried windows memory test and it said the ram was working fine So I decided to backup my info on flash drives and wipe the HDD and try a clean install wiping both ubuntu and formatting half the drive for and leaving the other half untouched The installation process seemed to be working fine until windows does the first mandatory restart When the computer restarted I first tried to boot from CD again I couldnt remember if the install needed to finish from HDD or if it picked back up on CD but it asked to install so i started over with that and wiped the previous info The second time around I let it boot from the HDD It went through the windows animation displayed a message saying it was editing registry values then abruptly cut off - waited a few seconds - restarted itself and gave me a message saying windows cut off unexpectedly and asked how I wanted to try starting windows Safe mode as well as Normal mode have the same load-off-on-load-off-on-etc effect Any Ideas Sorry for the book and all the quot i tried decided searched quot and thanks in advanced EDIT safe mode stops on loading drivers disk sys and then off-on-etc

A:Windows 7 fresh installation on new hardware

My suggestion is with Win 7 dvd start the install, go to the point where it shows the hdd to install too, you will see at the bottom right of that screen you'll see drive options click that and do delete volumn then do the same to the second partition and leave the whole drive unallocated and x your way all the way out of the install. Shut down with the dvd in the drive and start back up and it should start the install. Have any other hdd's unplugged and sound card removed, also make sure in bios the other hdd's are turned off and if you have onboard sound it's turned off

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/136158-windows-7-fresh-installation-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Problems Installation Hardware Driver Toshiba L - brilliant new notebook PC Sadly it did not include a Line In socket so I purchased the Imic I cannot get the device to work Can anyone help me with the set up procedure I have Windows XP service pack When I connect it says New Hardware Found and prompts me for drivers Hardware Driver Installation Problems I have no drivers or installation disc The device is plug-and-play and requires no drivers When I ignore all the prompts it decides the hardware cannot be found and will not recognise the device Perhaps you can browse C Windows SOMETHING to find the driver I inquired with griffin who said the iMic is only fully supported in Windows XP Service Pack If you don t have SP you re likely missing some important USB audio drivers They wanted me to contact Microsoft because the USB audio devices are not being recognized properly I don t think it may be taht drastic Can anyone help with links etc to help set this up Thank you very much for your help it is most appreciated Lots of love - Belinda xxxxxxxxxxxx nbsp

A:Hardware Driver Installation Problems

Crazy Belle said:

I inquired with griffin who said the iMic is only fully supported in Windows XP Service Pack 2. If you don't have SP2, you're likely missing some important USB audio drivers...Click to expand...

The only patch/update/fix for XP that I know of is designed to add support for "Hi-Def" audio. Microsoft's KB888111. It is installed during many newer sound card driver installs. Without it, any "hi-def" on-board audio chipset will be detected as an "Unknown PCI Device" by XP. Perhaps this is the same cause for your non-detected device.

If you can't find this download anywhere, try installing some newer Realtek audio drivers (which should install the "Hi-Def Audio Pack" as part of its installer) Look for a large set of drivers (5+ MB) not a tiny little file. (~100KB)

awoolf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-driver-installation-problems.542707/
Relevancy 45.58%

Problems started after the last hard-drive partitions adjustments using 'Partition Magic 8.0'. Microsoft updates also occurred unintentionally during the reboot. The'Found new hardware wizard' now pops-up for each partition during 'start up' but says it failed installation. However, the computer seems to generally function OK, but another problem is 'new flash memory sticks' do not show up in 'my computer window' although the 'new hardware wizard' window opens it fails to install these USB items. (They do show under 'unknown items' in the 'device manager' along with the nine partitons plus yellow '?'.) Flash memories previously used on my computer work normally.
Also my Keyboard keys do not work during booting?
My motherboard is an 'ABIT NF7-S/NF7,NF7-V(nVidia-nForce2)
I have tried manually finding drivers. Also my new Flash Memories do work on other computers.
I would very much appreciate some help.
Martin Pope

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-hardware-wizard-fails-installation-433446.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I just added more computers x Linux and x WinXP to my 'cluster' of 'Folding Home' computers here Computers and are Ubuntu Linux desktop systems which as I have mentioned before are very useful to have around when 'rescuing' files that are otherwise inaccessible using Windows of any variety Computer was built mainly as a place to put the GTS Graphics card from my computer when I am able to get the new GTX 'Fermi' card my system has a -Watt power supply to permit the GTX to be 'dropped my Hardware x WinXP, Win7, for computers: 2 List x Linux 10 x 16 4 right in' when it becomes available here in Canada My current Folding Home score which you can see here PlanetAMD 's active Members at UTC- I am username 'art l j PlanetAMD ' is up to total points which puts Hardware List for my 16 computers: 10 x Win7, 4 x WinXP, 2 x Linux me at out of individuals and entities such as Universities who are currently Folding as we call running the 'Folding Home' software My points-per-week score at puts me in the top of all Folders so my ranking currently is predicted to rise to within the next days So without further ado here is the complete hardware list of my computers Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Phenom II Black Edition X Quad-Core GHz AM MB ASUS M A T Deluxe RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x Gigabyte GeForce GTS OC MHz GB GDDR PSU OCZ ModXStream-Pro Watt OCZ MXSP Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Phenom II Black Edition X Quad-Core GHz AM MB ASUS M A T Deluxe RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x MSI N GTX SuperPipe OC MHz Core GB GDDR MHz Memory PSU Corsair Watt TX W Folding Machine OS Windows XP Home SP CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core GHz Socket MB ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x Gigabyte GeForce GT MB GDDR PSU Enermax Watt EG P-VE Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM GHZ MB NM W MB Biostar MCP P-M AM AMD mATX NVIDIA GeForce NFORCE PCIe-x PCI RAID Video Sound RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x EVGA GeForce GTX MHZ MB GHZ DDR PSU Enermax Watt ELT AWT Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x ASUS GeForce EN GSO HDMI MB GDDR PSU OCZ StealthXStream Watt OCZ SXS Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x EVGA GeForce GTX MHZ GB GHZ DDR PSU Enermax Watt ELT AWT Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x Gigabyte GeForce GTS OC MHz GB GDDR PSU CoolerMaster Watt RS- -PCAR-A Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x ASUS GeForce EN GSO HDMI MB GDDR PSU Logisys Watt PS D Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x ASUS GeForce EN GSO HDMI MB GDDR PSU Enermax Watt EG P-VE Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon II X Dual Core AM GHz MB Cache W MB ASUS M A TD-M EVO RAM GB DDR - MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x Palit GeForce GTX Sonic Core NM MHz MB GHz GDDR PSU BFG Watt BFGR WGSPSU Folding Machine OS Windows XP Home SP CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x BFG GeForce GTS OC MB GDDR PSU CoolerMaster Watt RS- -PCAR-A Folding Machine OS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Athlon GHz Socket MB ASUS A V-E SE RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU x BFG GeForce GTS OC MB GDDR PSU CoolerMaster Watt RS- -PCAR-A Folding Machine OS Windows XP Home SP CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM GHZ MB NM W MB Biostar MCP P-M AM AMD mATX NVIDIA GeForce NFORCE PCIe-x PCI RAID Video Sound RAM GB DDR MHz HDD TB x GB GPU x EVGA GeForce GTX Core NM MHz MB GHz GDDR PSU Antec Watt EA- Folding Machine OS Ubuntu Linux desktop -bit CPU AMD Athlon XP MB ECS Elitegroup GX-M RAM GB DDR - PC HDD TB x GB GPU Integrated Video on-board not used for Folding PS... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hardware-list-for-my-16-computers-10-x-win7-4-x-winxp-2-x-linux-472122.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Win Computer had issues with not starting It would start the the quot Computer Repair quot routine and run for hours Unable to - Hardware?? network Win7 Internet to Bug Unable access or access any safe mode or last configuration options Although I could re-run Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? the Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware?? quot Repair Computer quot option - Removed Hard drive from computer and put into an external drive and did a quot ChkDsk quot ran Malwarebytes latest update and AVG Free - Both Scans reported issues and removed them Reinstalled Hard drive and desktops appear and I am able to access programs Issue unable to access the internet Unable to Ping Unable to specify an IP address - I tried to force and IP in the IP When doing a Windows Network Diagnostic - I get a message saying the quot Diagnoistic Policy Service quot is not running - when I access the services - this service is quot Stopped quot and when I click on quot Start quot I get access denied Note sure if there is a network Card issue or a bug I did a Hijackthis log and see alot of quot Missing files quot Note this computer is out of it s own network enviroment and in my shop Not sure if this may be a quot Home Group Network issue or not as well Has McAfee - firwall is turned off Concerned Looking for advice suggestion and or directions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Wireless LAN g Pen Size Wireless USB Adapter HW V WlanCU exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x EgisTec Egis Software Update EgisUpdate exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Utilities tsg HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www ijji com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire m amp r m p v w n u p R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C P... Read more

A:Win7 Unable to access Internet - Bug or network Hardware??

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with DDS and HijackThis, and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-unable-to-access-internet-bug-or-network-hardware.947880/
Relevancy 45.15%

As soon as I do anything it either slows to a deathly crawl or freezes everything except the pointer but eventually this will Win7 soft/hardware? HD 5830 Raden ATI freezing freeze as well For example -- pick a song in winamp and it ll play but within a minute or almost straight away the sound stays fine but winamp appears to be unresposnsive as the eq thing is frozen along with the time and then every ATI Raden HD 5830 Win7 freezing soft/hardware? now and again it will update I ve left the computer for a while after it did this and I ATI Raden HD 5830 Win7 freezing soft/hardware? closed winamp with it still being really slow then all of a sudden ATI Raden HD 5830 Win7 freezing soft/hardware? it was back to normal speed Then it slowed down again when trying to do the same thing again If I start firefox it will start just fine but I can get about as far as getting my bookmark list up and then it ll freeze - sometimes able to move the pointer sometimes not but eventually this will stop as well Once it gets like this though it is completely frozen and even leaving it for a few hours didn t make it respond unlike when i just played a song in winamp and then managed to get it closed after it slowed down and then the computer responded ok afterwards uninstalled gfx drivers and problems completely stopped - reinstalled and no matter what vers I use it does the same similar thing with the older ones though it doesnt totally freeze it will go black then i get of those ati driver has malfunctioned but recovered and after that it works at a crawl like i talked about in my OP at a loss i m guessing worst case scenario though that by having drivers installed you are making the card work hard and there s something wrong with it so it keeps crashing nbsp

A:ATI Raden HD 5830 Win7 freezing soft/hardware?

Maybe the ATI card is bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-raden-hd-5830-win7-freezing-soft-hardware.171416/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have the quot plugged in not charging quot issue with my Dell Inspiron laptop This has been going on for the past week and although I'm battery 'plugged not charging' in, or - Dell Win7 hardware? able to 'resolve' it by following the steps below it will return after or power ups gt Disconnect AC gt Shutdown gt Remove battery gt Connect AC gt Startup gt In Device Manager Under the Batteries category right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings and select Uninstall it s ok if you only have gt Shutdown gt Disconnect AC gt Insert battery gt Connect AC gt Startup Source quot Plugged In Not Charging quot When I'm experiencing this problem a warning message will pop up on power up identifying an issue with the AC adapter I'm trying to find out whether this is a Windows problem as I think I read somewhere given that the steps above does temporarily fix it or whether in fact there Dell battery 'plugged in, not charging' - Win7 or hardware? is a genuine issue with my AC adapter which needs to be replaced Or rather does following the steps above merely trick the laptop into accepting a dodgy adapter that needs replacing I'm using the original adapter that came with the laptop incidentally Would replacing it with a generic likely resolve this daily occurrence I appreciate your time and advice

A:Dell battery 'plugged in, not charging' - Win7 or hardware?

I would seriously doubt W7 on this and first look to physical battery and adapter connections and wires or the adapter itself ! Also if this is after a clean or fresh install of W7 did you install all and the latest updated drivers off the mfg'r. site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332860-dell-battery-plugged-not-charging-win7-hardware.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hey guys please help yesterday night i formatted my friend's lenovo laptop with Win Ultimate All went perfect but when the desktop appear i looked upon the network icon on the right bottom of the taskbar a cross sign appeared on it Solutions - i tried updating the drivers through device manager - NO result i downloaded the wifi software from the lenovo drivers site - During installation messaged appeared quot There are no match driver for the hardware quot I reformatted the Laptop again - NO progress I even uninstalled the drivers from the device manager and restarted the laptop quot in a hope it will install automatically quot but still nothing And its a good image - not broken fixed nothing - its ing perfect I used it soo many times to format my friends family others PC's all are working perfectly I dont understand how did thing happened I even installed the same image in my vmware just for to be sure if its not corrupted but it was installed and working fine with all drivers running SO please help guys Give me some solutions

A:Lenovo Wifi Hardware not detecting after Win7 Formatting

A long shot but maybe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/243188-lenovo-wifi-hardware-not-detecting-after-win7-formatting.html
Relevancy 45.15%

About 6 months ago the screen started freezing. Then after about 30 seconds a message would appear on screen.... 'No Signal'

Would switch off and restart after a short pause and most times PC would run OK. The problem is random and happens in any app. The PC can operate OK for several hours without a problem.Or it may happen within a few minutes of startup.

As I thought that it was most likely related to the Win 7 software. I upgraded to Win 10.. 2 days ago, without any problems and the desktop seemed to run faster.

However the same problem is occurring again. Could this be a hardware problem?

With Win 10 there is no message about the unexpected shutdown ,when rebooting

A:Computer Freezing with win7 and win10..hardware or software?

It could be hardware related but not guaranteed, if you had done a completely clean installation of Windows 10 rather than an upgrade it could help to confirm that or not.

However, lets see what we can find out

Firstly, please provide details of the PC in question. Is it a prebuilt system like a HP, Dell etc if so please provide the exact make and model (include the 7 digit Dell Service Tag if its a Dell).
If its a self / custom build please provide exact make and model of the motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphics card, power supply, hard drives etc. the more info the better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezing-with-win7-and-win10-hardware-or-software.1157895/
Relevancy 45.15%

I need to change the hardware acceleration settings, but when I go to advanced display settings trouble shoot tab the button is shaded grey and unclickable. I've updated to the latest driver and cannot find the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel to change the hardware acceleration.

Can anyone help out?

A:Win7 Nvidia 9800 GTX+ Hardware Acceleration issues.

Can you please tell us why you would like to disable that? I'm guessing it's unnecessary for whatever you're trying to accomplish by doing that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/29656-win7-nvidia-9800-gtx-hardware-acceleration-issues.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear Windows Seven Forums,

I have recently installed Windows 7. My Hardware environment has not changed. During both occasions I, was listening to music with the latest edition of winamp, but I was performing several other tasks as well, within Firefox and Internet Explorer. The Microsoft eLearning site will not work in Firefox.

I do not have any errors within Device Manager.

I am a little doubtful of my Soundcard's software, It is not behaving in the same way, it used to in my Previous Win7 Installation.

I have uploaded the necessary files.

Thank you for your help,
TPranara.

A:Reinstalled Win7 with same hardware. Wasn't Getting BSOD Previously.

You need to update your MMO Gaming Mouse driver, as it is very old, it goes back to 2008. Search for updates in Razer Support. If updates are available, install those and observe the situation.

Otherwise, better you change that old hardware.

BTW, your BIOS is similarly old, too. You may pay an attention to it, if you think.

Code:
BiosVendor = Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BiosVersion = ASUS STRIKER II FORMULA ACPI BIOS Revision 1901
BiosReleaseDate = 12/23/2008

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280236-reinstalled-win7-same-hardware-wasnt-getting-bsod-previously.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just instaled a LiteOn SATA DVD burner to an ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard. It powers up, the tray opens and shuts, but it is not recognised by the operating system or the bios. All the SATA ports are turned on and SATA 1 and 2 work fo my raid drive. I have it installed in SATA port three.
I'm running XP with sp3.
My other DVD is an IDE set up as Master.
I'm scratching my head over this one. Maybe it's so obvious that I'm not seeing it.

Thanks in advance for any help

A:Solved: SATA DVD not found after hardware installation

I tried the dvd in SATA port 4 and it worked fine. Don't know why port 3 woudn't work, but it really dosen't matter at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-dvd-not-found-after-hardware-installation.836879/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all I recently installed some new hardware on my computer after my old EVGA GT graphics card died I installed a new motherboard graphics card processor and RAM Complete specs are in my profile but the quick and dirty MB Asus P Z M-Pro w Hardware Various Screens Death Installation Blue of New after i GHz GC EVGA GTX GB SC RAM x GB Kingston Genesis HyperX Various Blue Screens of Death after New Hardware Installation DDR Included in the attached zip are four dump files The first two are basically the same error driver power state failure STOP x f and are unrelated they occurred in March of this year and haven't happened since I can't remember what that was about but I fixed it The latter two are the ones giving me grief now and they are both different They both occurred after I installed the new hardware and the computer has been running fine otherwise Everything boots up fast I can run Word and Chrome and other light software just happily However these errors BOTH occurred while playing Skyrim one on the highest possible graphics settings the other on a step down The first error is STOP x c error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION seeming to be caused by hal dll The second error is STOP x PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA seeming to be caused by ntoskrnl exe I don't understand what could be causing these two different BSODs both while playing the same system-intensive game I haven't tried any other games to date to see if they also result in the same error but watching a BluRay rip on fullscreen at x runs just fine The full SevenForums utility dump is attached and my complete system information is in my profile If I can provide any other information that you guys might need to help me track down this problem just let me know Thanks for your help -Philip

A:Various Blue Screens of Death after New Hardware Installation

Welcome aboard, codplay.

The dumps you provided, the last one is of 4/10.
Attachment 236661
And, it is not a stop 0x9F, driver power state failure. It is stop 50, pagefault in nonpaged area.

So I am guessing, checking those cannot be helpful for your problem. Can you search for the latest dumps and upload those?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258453-various-blue-screens-death-after-new-hardware-installation.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I would be grateful if someone could take a look at the HJT log posted below I am having trouble installing new drivers for a printer the setup quits about a quarter way through I get the error message quot An error has been detected restart and run setup again quot Not sure what the cause is I have tried the manufacturers tech support but got no solution They say it s a problem on my pc Many thanks Tyke Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs wrapper exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Alias Maya docs jre bin java exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE Trojan? installation Hardware Solved: problem...possible C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files MarkAny ContentSafer MAAgent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Solved: Hardware installation problem...possible Trojan? GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - Solved: Hardware installation problem...possible Trojan? D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -u O - HKLM Run ThreatFire C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics q... Read more

A:Solved: Hardware installation problem...possible Trojan?

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hardware-installation-problem-possible-trojan.749800/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello wasn't really in or wrong if sorry thread decide...lol installation you hardware, sure where to post this but man Side note this laptop was dropped or stepped on ill explain in post So my buddy asked me to fix his toshiba and i have been having installation or hardware, you decide...lol sorry if in wrong thread a great time but sadly cannot get any operating system to load Here follows the system specs what ive installation or hardware, you decide...lol sorry if in wrong thread done so far and my main errors im receiving OS windows home premium bios version date tosinv - insydeh version system type x family model stepping Proc intel r core tm duo cpu t ghz MAIN PROBLEM HD toshiba mk gsx installation or hardware, you decide...lol sorry if in wrong thread So i started off by using f to access windows boot command would not run command prompt or repair So I pulled out my personal windows home premium disk to see if it would respond better to that repair menu or access the command prompt with the repair tools but everytime right before the installation menu it would hang up similiar with the f command shortly after I received an error stating no valid devices are found and it would no longer read my windows installation disk system retry failed or something so I pulled out a box of old crap moved aside a yearbook and found an old windows cd and precided to try cd booting with that which was a success so then i was messing with dos and deleted my partitions and fdisk exited right after woops thought i would be able to recreate those parts anyways it closed down and was no longer able to read the drive prompting a gt on start haha and a similiar system retry failed error quot sys error cannot read disk quot so then i pulled out boot disk and recovered all personal data then i went into diskpart and proceded to clean which worked then clean all and it came up with this error message quot DiskPART has encountered an error The device is not connected quot Crud so i open up a drive diagnostic tool on my bootdisk and it reads the drive it says the drive is working and healthy whatever that means Then I decided well if the drive is being read then maybe if reset it to 's it would reset it or something lol so i wiped the drive with a double pass and at it said quot error redundant cycle do you want to retry or abort quot so i hit retry and it finished so i was like hmmm ive only built towers never really worked with laptops so i pop the keyboard secure stripping and start dismantling it I dismantled the entire computer in about minutes and couldnt find not one plug unplugged broken chips someone previously worked on the computer and inside they left me a note saying that the harddrive was previously replace which got me thinking that this is a common type of error so i lifted the motherboard up looked under it everything was looking beautiful I assembled the laptop and it the damage was reduced greatly after resassembly just under where it had been stepped on was the internal blower so was like few thats a relief I took out the harddrive and popped it back in and made sure it was snug I booted with a bootdisk recovery program and checked the drive and its still reading the drive and saying its healthy I have two ideas one is that i need to update or flash the bios or I need to find a driver for my harddrive could it be the rom on the harddrive has been destroyed when i used dos I'm open to any suggestions going to the toshiba website now to get the harddrive testing tool if they have one If anything is not included in this post i have no idea but the major courses of action which i took are all listed also my bootdisk reads a drive X and it has system files on it could it be a password protected partition within the harddrive i could delete those files anyways i dunno

A:installation or hardware, you decide...lol sorry if in wrong thread

so i go to the toshiba website and they say there is a hidden partition on the drive...maybe im in the wrong forum now....darn lol so i just tried to check this x drive for errors and it says its write protected. usb ports on the laptop are failing...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/254161-installation-hardware-you-decide-lol-sorry-if-wrong-thread.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought today an EPSON STYLUS C63 printer. I was able to install all the files bundled in the installation CD; however, I couldn't install the said printer hardware. The Add Hardware wizard installer notes the following:

1) An error occured during the installation of device.
2) The specified module could not be found.
3) CFGMGR32.DLL could not be found

Per Window XP online help and support, I tried so many times to install the driver via Control Panel-> Printers and other Hardware->Printers and Faxes->Add a Printer, but to no avail. One reason: the "Add a Printer" won't run when I clicked at it. Printer lines (Parrallel or USB) are working, including the ports.

I can't get help in EPSON web site; thus, please help me guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-stylus-c63-hardware-installation-error.185407/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi:

I can't install the drivers for following; the Multimedia Audio Controll, Sm Bus Drivers and Video Controller.

Instead of saying no that I don't want to connect to the internet to find the drivers I said yes and the hardware wizard can't find the drivers because I assume that they aren't on the internet. The problem is that I can't get the hardware wizard back to stage one when it asks those three questions;

1. yes, connect only this time,
2. yes, connect whenever I want to install drivers
3. no, not at this time(which is the one according to a website that I found is the one I should have clicked).

Is there a way to reset things so that I get asked the questions again?

A:New Hardware Wizard Driver Installation Issues

Hi lapetite66 -Is this problem due to a reinstall of XP, or are you trying to add extra Audio Controll ?If this is a new product / program, is it downloaded from the internet or loaded from a CD ?Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416608/new-hardware-wizard-driver-installation-issues/
Relevancy 45.15%

HARDWARE RAID ACTIVATION POST WIN OS INSTALL Hardware RAID Windows install OS after installation 7 Installing a RAID array during a new system build is not so difficult but Once I decided I wanted a RAID array on my existing Win PC I quickly discovered that it is not easy to accomplish that particular wish However it can be achieved without hacking the registry Here is the procedure that worked for me Goal to install a pair of TB WD Caviar blacks in Hardware RAID on an already installed Hardware RAID installation after Windows 7 OS install Win system Win OS resides on a separate GB SSD boot disk Motherboard ASUS P X PRO SATA Ports as follows x Intel SATA x Intel SATA x Marvel SATA CPU i GB OS Win Professional x Drives in final configurations SSD GB Win Drive On Intel SATA controller Non RAID assigned but controller in RAID mode SSD GB Data Drive On Intel SATA controller Non RAID assigned but controller in RAID mode x TB Internal non RAID drive to backup RAID array RPM MB on Marvel SATA Controller AHCI x TB Caviar Black in RAID RPM MB on Intel SATA controller in RAID mode x TB External USB Drives Backups x DVD on Intel SATA controller Non RAID assigned but controller in RAID mode Issue Once windows is installed without RAID it is difficult to get it to recognise RAID hardware If you install RAID drivers without the RAID hardware enabled the drivers do not fully install If you enable the RAID hardware without drivers installed windows will crash on boot Catch Outline of procedure Part install the latest RAID drivers while the SATA ports are in AHCI mode Juggle the boot amp RAID disks to appropriate SATA ports temporarily Enable RAID in BIOS and set it up with its POST utility With RAID hardware enabled Windows driver install can be completed Disks are reorganised onto their appropriate controllers if necessary The BIOS is tidied up amp the RAID disks are finalised for use in diskmgr or partition wizard Detailed Procedure I flashed the motherboard BIOS to its latest version Begin with BIOS in SATA controller in AHCI mode for all disk controllers I backed up C drive to External Disk prior to messing with RAID drivers Win Norton Ghost amp Partition wizard recovery disks were on hand Downloaded and installed latest Asmedia SATA Controller driver V using the provided setup exe Reboot Downloaded amp installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise IRST driver using the setup exe Reboot This is the RAID driver and it gets partly installed at this step Backed up again post driver install Copied these drivers to USB for use later in the process You may note that diskmgr now has some RAID functionality in its menu options but we are not done yet Turn off PC Physically connect boot drive SSD amp CD to Marvel SATA controller Put RAID drives on the Intel SATA controllers Boot to BIOS switch BIOS from AHCI to RAID Check set boot sequence to DVD st SSD boot disk nd Save amp Exit Reboot Pass the BIOS but enter the IRST RAID by CTRL-I during POST Assign the two Caviar disks to RAID K Save Exit Reboot If all has gone well at this point it will boot into windows If the driver installation hasn t succeeded windows will BSOD during the load If it hangs put the drives amp bios back to their original settings and windows will probably load fine in which case you can re-attempt to load the SATA amp RAID drivers If Windows won t boot restore the C drive from backup and then reattempt to load the drivers Carrying on as if Windows booted successfully after setting BIOS SATA to RAID Windows will now detect the active RAID Controller hardware I had to direct windows to the drivers I had placed on the USB key Those drivers were recognised amp installed correctly reboot Check that the system boots correctly drive letters may have jumped around but don t reset them yet Turn off the system Now I placed my SSDs on the GB Intel SATA ports and my DVD on the SATA ports with the RAID disks Next I booted to the BIOS and checked set the boot sequence to DVD st ... Read more

A:Hardware RAID installation after Windows 7 OS install

Here is a pic showing various driver details etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257866-hardware-raid-installation-after-windows-7-os-install.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Been having problems with this new ITX system. Changed motherboard 4 times, changed CPU once. In order to keep it short, I won't elaborate on the problems happened in the last 3 times.

This time around, I get 3 BSODs within a day after installing new motherboard and freshly installed Windows 7 64-bit. The third BSOD happened while running the dump & system collection app.

The necessary files are attached. Additional info below:

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- Reinstalled OS on the system
- OEM version of Windows 7 (disc given)
- Age of hardware: Less than a month (motherboard is only one-day old)
- Age of OS: Less than one-day old

Please help to shed some light on what's wrong.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Lorika

A:BSOD - Fresh Hardware & Windows 7 Installation

Hi,

What Model PSU are you using?

The dump files do not point to a 3rd party driver as a probable cause, meaning that it is either a "hidden" driver or hardware. As your drivers look ok, and you have re-installed several times I suspect hardware on this one.

Run a memtest yet?

Quote:
Memtest - Instructions:

Download the ISO (or the .exe for USB drives) from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Then (if you have chosen the ISO) burn the ISO using IsoRecorder: ISO Recorder v3 Download (How to use IsoRecorder)

Boot from the CD/USB and run the test (at least 7 passes per test) with only one stick of RAM in place at a time.

It is a time consuming process but it is the only way to be sure it isn't a RAM fault.

For your final test, run the test with all the RAM in place.

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 22:40:50.601 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:07:18.835
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffffa8004e784d1, fffff880071fece0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 19:45:36.793 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:24:04.981
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002bea42e, fffff88006d195d0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+3e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 17:37:28.869 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:03:47.103
BugCheck A, {fffffa802445e4a2, 2, 0, fffff800028db077}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInsertTimerTable+157 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100350-bsod-fresh-hardware-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
I'll appreciate some ideas on how to safely migrate an existing ATA Center installation across server Hardware. The capacity of the present ATA Center Server was sized for a Pilot deployment. Now we plan to move into full blown deployment. In-place
Hardware resource upgrade is not a likely option. Additionally, the motivation is not to do a fresh install of the server, more importantly not to start learning the environment afresh.
David

Akinzo

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/099278b5-b1a0-4d0a-9ca8-a2b140ca8fbf/migrate-ata-center-installation-across-server-hardware?forum=mata
Relevancy 45.15%

I need to reinstall my cable modem, however, every time I attempt to, I get "An error occured during the installation of this device" message, and "Access Denied". I'm on an administrator account on the computer and all that, from what I could glean from my thorough research trying to fix the problem it has something to do with needing to remove a registry entry from the first installation of the device, but I have no idea how to do this. Any help?

Relevancy 45.15%

Ok this is making me SO frustrated I got a new digital camera and I installed the driver from the CD it came with Everything worked fine until I restarted my computer I plugged in the camera after I restarted and it acted like I never installed the driver But the driver was still installed on the help...massive hardware installation Solved: problems! Please computer I uninstalled the driver restarted and plugged the camera in another time hoping for that little windo to show up saying quot New hardware has been detected click here to install quot or Solved: Please help...massive hardware installation problems! something like BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED I have no spent over hours installing and uninstalling the driver restarting the computer and no luck I tried all my USB ports but the same thing my computer acts like I never plug in hardware I even went to quot Add Hardware quot in control panel Long story short it still doesn t work Can someone please PLEASE help me fix this All help is appreciated SERIOUSLY nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hope someone can offer some advice.

I installed a new NEC DVD burner yesterday but have not been able to boot up xp since. Basically, Windows can?t start and freezes at the windows logo screen saying there is a Software/Hardware issue - i then get several options but I can?t even boot into safe mode or last known good menu.

Have checked and double checked the wiring, jumpers etc with no luck. The new drive is recognized at the IDE check stage however.

Any help appreciated.....

A:[resolved] Win Xp Freeze On Boot Up Following Hardware Installation

Hi,

Let's basically do a recheck of things.

First, what I suspect is that although you have checked the burner completelly for settings, you have not checked the other drive on the cable to see how it is set, since it was already there and working. It may be set to cable select or something that is not compatible with your new drive. One can not mix Cable Select and the master/slave settings.

Here is the check:

Motherboard...............Drive set as slave............Drive set as master
IDE...........................Jumpers set as slave........Jumpers set as master
...............................Gray connector................Black connector

Give the other drive a check and make sure you have one drive as slave and one drive as master. So easy to overlook that area.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-win-xp-freeze-on-boot-up-following-hardware-installation-48023.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I rebuild my computer every few years, like I'm sure most people do. In Win7, I could move to new hardware with certain restrictions of course.

Then I read this: "If you have a retail license, you can transfer your Windows 10 license to a new PC without issue. You can not transfer your Digital Entitlement to a new system."

My Windows 7 WAS a retail license, but now in 10 it say digital-entitlement.
Does this mean that by accepting the upgrade to 10 from Windows 7, everyone loses the ability to upgrade their hardware in the future without buying a new copy of Windows?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55466-how-upgrade-hardware-digital-entitlement-installation.html
Relevancy 45.15%

alright just a quick question I have windows 7 x86 currently and might try to install x64 will I have to boot the CD to install or will I have to install another OS like XP first and then install windows 7 x64 >?

A:win7 x64 installation on win7 x86

Just boot from CD. But it has to be a clean install. Not upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/106407-win7-x64-installation-win7-x86.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi...Been trying to reinstall Win7 (x64) on a new HDD after the original died. Kept getting same error "Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computers hardware." Finally resorted to forcing finalization using Shift F10 >Msoobe etc. but then ran into Windows updating issues after doing so.

I'm stumped on what to do to rectify this. Called the manufacturer a week ago but they've yet to get back to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Need Help {Win7 Installation on new HDD}

Give this a read and see if it helps. MS Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389614-need-help-win7-installation-new-hdd.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys

I have a Gateway NV53 Laptop.

It's retail bought with no Win7 DVD.

The computer crashed and could not be fixed with the Win7 recovery disc - it couldn't find the Win7 installation. The crash was the infamous "bootmgr is missing". I tried fixing it but not possible (Did alot of google'ing) Now I'm backing up the files and trying to reinstall it though. My problem is that I have no Win 7 DVD to install from so what do I do?

Thanks alot!

A:Win7 Re-installation

This should help:

System Repair Disc - Create

...oops...didn't read carefully. Call Gateway support and order a recovery disk for your system.
Also, here is a site that states it can be downloaded. I'm not familiar with the site.

http://recovery-cd.com/related/downl...very-disk.html

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/118439-win7-re-installation.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a customer who is having to replace their hard drive due to the previous one becoming "beyond repair". I have the new drive in the system, and see the Win7 Home Premium sticker with license key on the bottom. But they don't have any of the disks that came with the machine (Toshiba laptop).

I have a DVD with Win7 Ultimate on it. Can I install that but use THEIR key to install, and get the home premium version instead, or am I stuck having to make them purchase a new copy?

A:Win7 installation

They need to order the restore disks, or you have to find a Windows 7 Home Premium disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-installation.1069602/
Relevancy 45.15%

If a win 7 installation fails after submitting the product number can I use that installation disk to install on another computer?
Thanks.

A:Win7 Installation

Try the installation in the normal fashion. Do not give your number and uncheck the box asking if you want to activate automatically. When you are done, give your number then. If it does not work you will be supplied with a phone number to input the number with a touch tone phone. If that does not work a person will come on and try to work out the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/52319-win7-installation.html
Relevancy 45.15%

is it possible to install windows xp os over a windows 7 os

A:xp installation over win7

is it possible to install windows xp os over a windows 7 oshi.please explain what you mean by "over "if you mean you want to get rid of win7 and install winxp ,just boot to winxp cd and format hdd and install winxp ,loosing all of win7 and current data on hard drive if you mean you want to have both os's just google duel booting[having otion of both win7 and winxp on bootup ] win7 nd winxp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381674/xp-installation-over-win7/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi!
I have already installed Win 7 in C: drive of my system with escan antivirus last user pack(it means i cannot reactivate it till expiry date). Now i installed win XP in E: drive of system. Here problem is while booting it does not ask me to which win to boot and so I am not able to boot win7 and use all my existing software. One solution was to reinstall win xp in c: drive and then win 7 in E: drive but by this I will lose all my project from c: drive.
So can any one help me pleas, solve this problem as early as possible.
Thanks in advance.
Shital.

A:Installation of win7 and then win xp

Install EasyBCD 2.0 beta after doing quick forum registration there to use beta.

You'll also need to install Net Framework 2.0 to run Easy in XP.

Add Win7 on Easy's Add/Remove tab by Name, Type, and correct drive letter, Save, Restart.

If this fails, you'll need to restart Win7 to install Easy there to Add XP which works better. This is done by marking Win7 active in XP Disk Mgmt., then boot Win7 DVD Repair console or Repair CD, clicking through to Recovery Tools list to run Startup Repair up to 3 separate times with reboots until Win7 starts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/82427-installation-win7-then-win-xp.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi.
I post this thread due to three blue screens in the past week.
I didn't actually see the "blue screens", for i was afk, but the moment i came back, i saw the login screen and a windows message saying the system had blue screen and booted.
I generated a debudlog.txt but can't really understand what it says - I hope i can find some help here.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, built 7600)
Intel Core i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4CPU's), ~2.8GHz
4GB of RAM

(p.s - right after the last 2 boots, my network adapter IPv4 settings has changed - mainly the default gateway and DNS. This has never happened before. Can it relate to the DHCP server i installed yersterday?(tinyDHCP;which i didn't encountered any problems with.) ).

Thank you,
Ron.

A:3rd time blue screen - minidump included (Win7 new hardware)

Two things:

1. Are you running Symantec?

2. With the changes you noted it would be prudent for you to security scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3rd-time-blue-screen-minidump-included-win7-new-hardware.159379/