Windows Support Forum

Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Q: Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Hi thereI have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which runs Windows XP service pack and I use IE Please note im very much a computer novice and I thought this was the most appropraite forum for me to post for help if this is not the case please kindly avise me where I should post The please my inserted? dont when Help CD/DVD drive reader recognise inbuilt memory stick CD card or and best way Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted? I can describe the problem is I used to be able to for example insert my memory stick from my camera into my inbuilt memory card reader and the photos would automatically just pop up on the screen and I could go from there I have also tried a diffrent card with the same problem Nowdays I put the memory card in the reader and it makes a click noise and goes in ok but nothing happens On the task bar on the bottom right I get a little icon appear that says it safe to remove once card is removed icom disappears Also using the inbuilt CD DVD drive I use to be able to input a CD DVD in the drive and it would autimatically pop Windows Media Player and I was away nowdays I place a CD in the light flashes showing its doing something but nothing happens nor does Windows Media Player pop up I have tried on occasion to bring up Windows Media Player manually and on occasion through trial and error on same occasions I can get the CD DVD to play other times I just give up My question is it used to all work perfectly yet now I have these issues orginally I put it down to an older computer live with it but after using google it looks like it may be fixable This computer novice seek s your help in that area thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Do a System Restore, choose a date prior to this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368016/help-please-my-inbuilt-card-reader-and-cddvd-drive-dont-recognise-memory-stick-or-cd-when-inserted/
Relevancy 95.46%

http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=70
Hi, I bought this about a year ago and it worked at first but as time passed sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't when I put in my memory stick to upload pictures, etc. Now I've been trying for a couple of days and whenever I insert it into the usb port the light flashes green (somestimes remains green) and the computer shows that that removable drive is there when I go to 'my computer'. But when I click on it it says "Please insert the removable drive E)" or it freezes my computer. I even tried it on a laptop and it doesn't want to open up.

A:GE Memory Stick Card Reader not working!

Hi and welcome. As with anything else, sometimes they go bad. Check to see if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ge-memory-stick-card-reader-not-working.740736/
Relevancy 94.6%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 91.59%

I bought a Lexcron 45 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader a while back and I used it for quite a bit. Recently I used it on my laptop with my Memory Stick Pro Duo and it worked fine.
Now I'm trying to do this on my computer but the computer is not recognizing the memory stick. The card reader does - as a green light shows.
Help me out here?

A:My external card reader works fine but my PC doesn't recognize the memory stick......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-card-reader-works-fine-but-my-pc-doesnt-recognize-the-memory-stick.701636/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello!
I know that you can find out if a memory stick has been used on a computer. How can you do that? Is there any trace left somewhere, in the registry or somewhere else?
Thanks in advance!

A:How can you find out if a memory stick has been inserted into a USB port?

Go here and download USBDeview. It FREE and doesn't require any installation process or additional DLL files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219679/how-can-you-find-out-if-a-memory-stick-has-been-inserted-into-a-usb-port/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi everyone / anyone,

I'm not particularly computer literate, however my desktop computer won't read discs. Whether it be a DVD, a set-up disc or even music CD's, there's a 1 in 10 chance that it will see it is there. On the odd occasion it opens, it works fine.

Currently an issue as I am trying to install wireless stick software but the disc will not load.

Hope this is understandable..

Cheers,

Max

A:D Drive won't recognise any discs inserted

Hi Max

How long has this issue been a problem?
If you go to "My Computer" does it say that you have a disc drive?

-Iroro

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273100-d-drive-wont-recognise-any-discs-inserted.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi

I'm running XP Pro and recently installed a programme called PowerISO to extract a .daa file. As soon as I extracted and burned to disc using this programme, my E Drive was displayed as a CD Drive and no longer recognised my Buffalo 1GB memory stick (which always used to open on the E Drive).

I uninstalled PowerISO and the E Drive (CD Drive) went with it, but the PC still will not recognize the stick. I get a "bing" when I insert the stick in the USB port and the LED flashes green. Also the diagnostics in Device Manager tell me that both the USB Port and the Memory stick are working properly......and the stick works fine on the office computer.

What have I missed, please?

Relevancy 86.43%

I have a Qosmio G50 running Windows 7. The pc will not shut down unless I have my USB memory stick inserted. Without the USB stick, I can tell the pc to shut down. Without the stick inserted, the pc will say that it is shutting down and will remain on the shut down screen for 10-15 mins and will then restart.

However, as soon as I put the USB stick into the USB port, the pc will shut down within 2 seconds.

A:Qosmio G50 - Windows will not shutdown without memory stick inserted

It is not easy to understand the situation and explain why this happen.
Qosmio G50 is not newest notebook model so I cannot imagine that this strange issue happen from the first day.

With ?factory settings? something like this cannot happen. The OS configuration, preinstalled software, running background applications and processes on your Qosmio are not known to us so it is not easy to help you with this.
Somehow I think something running in the background blocks the system. Unfortunately I cannot say what it can be.

Check a bit all this stuff.
By the way: have you noticed the same behaviour if you try to use standby or hibernation mode?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78290-Qosmio-G50-Windows-will-not-shutdown-without-memory-stick-inserted
Relevancy 86%

For some reason, when I insert a disc onto my E: Drive, it doesn't recognise the disc as being there. The E: Drive is listed where it should be in My Computer, but doesn't recognise a disc when inserted into it. I uninstalled the E: Drive which reinstalled automatically on reboot, but the problem remains. Can anyone recommend what steps I should take to remedy this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

A:E: Drive doesn't recognise discs inserted

It doesn't recognize a specific cd or any cd?

Let's make sure the driver works. Insert a BOOTABLE disc, make sure the optical drive is the first device in your bios boot order, and reboot. Does the system see the drive at boot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419492/e-drive-doesnt-recognise-discs-inserted/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello everyone,
This is the first time I have posted on the site. Thanks in advance if you can help.
I have a VAIO portable computer. I recently "acquired" a 2Go memory key from the other side of the world, supposedly also Sony -it has the VAIO logo on the side, but with no software. Other systems recognise it but not mine. I cannot track down any software on the net.
Any ideas?

A:XP wont recognise my memory stick

What exactly happens when you plug the stick in? Windows Xp should have the driver preinstalled and should reconize it and then assign it a drive letter. Try the stick on a different computer if you can and see if the same thing happen. This way we can determine if it is the stick or the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-recognise-my-memory-stick-91674.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Could someone please tell me what I need to do to make XP recognise memory sticks. I tried two of these and nothing happened when I plugged them into the front USB slots. When I removed the stick however, the computer logged itself off. The sticks work in another PC and they contain photographs. What's happening? Do I need to install the sticks first?

A:XP fails to recognise memory stick

plug it in and see if disk management sees it. If not you will need to find the driver for it. If it does see it but no drive letter, right click it and assign a drive letter.

# Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-fails-to-recognise-memory-stick-577209.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi ,I am trying to read my sony macro stic duo sd card of mach four through my inbuilt multi format sd card reader in my notebook but it doesn't shows any notification in the window please help me to solve this issue

A:Inbuilt card reader doesn't shows up in windows

@viyncandy? Try installing this. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69610.exe REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Inbuilt-card-reader-doesn-t-shows-up-in-windows/td-p/5740617
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi there,

What i thought was an easy job installing a new ssd h/d. I am running Windows 7 H/P and i am unable to install all the drivers back on the laptop. I have all the drivers from Dell website but as i said the machine is not recognising any inserted media.

Thanks in advance

ELB54

A:New SSD hard drive and now dosn't recognise inserted Media

How did you install the new SSD? Did you follow a tutorial and if so, please provide a link to it.

Where are the drivers stored, on a CD/DVD or flash drive or SD card? If on a CD/DVD, try putting on a flash drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360120-new-ssd-hard-drive-now-dosnt-recognise-inserted-media.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all I m an Vaio Without Won't Stick Sony Boot Inserted Malware-laden Memory IT professional that like the rest of us has taken on a task for a friend of mine Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted whose original issue is that his PC will not boot up normally Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted or shut down without Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted a memory stick inserted into the front slot of his Sony Vaio laptop Upon booting up his PC initially I was immediately notified that he has a malware infection that his Norton Antivirus is detecting as attempting activity every few seconds Armed with that information I set out to remove the infection Now comes the difficult part to describe I have done SO MUCH WORK on this PC over the last week that I hope I can get across accurately the work that I ve done So to take a step back a little more detail on the memory stick issue When booting up Windows normally without the stick inserted it will get past the POST and to the Windows splash screen with the revolving progress indicator After the progress indicator makes a couple of passes not sure on exact number it will suddenly freeze right in the middle I have waited some amount of time for it to continue on its own but never long enough that it has done so However at this point immediately when inserting the memory stick the progress indicator will start moving again and Windows will continue to boot up normally That has happened on multiple occasions after cleanup work has been accomplished and the PC rebooted If booting in with the memory stick inserted the PC just boots as it should if booting into Safe Mode without the stick inserted it also boots as it should When shutting down from regular mode the memory stick needs to be inserted for the shut down process to complete So there s a tiny bit of background on what he s looking to have resolved however I m of the belief that I need to get this malware removed first before I can take any steps to work on that Also and the kicker of it all That memory stick is coming up as the E drive It s showing as GB capacity but with MB used and MB available I cannot do ANYTHING with the memory stick as far as saving files to it viewing any files that may be on it etc I did notice that he s got a memory stick formatting program in his recently used applications list under the start menu however when I go into it and select that memory stick drive I am not presented with the option to start the format of it - the button is grayed out With that said I ve installed McAfee VirusScan Enterprise onto the machine as well as Registry Mechanic Those tools along with AdAware and the Norton AVG have identified and seemingly resolved a lot of issues I can actually see how much better the PC is running but it s not clean yet I have also since yesterday afternoon run a number of HijackThis scans on the PC and resolved the issues that stuck out to me as being incorrect The quot sticking quot point right now is that some bogus DLL files keep putting themselves back in C Windows system - typically under different names each time that one of them is removed I have been unable to find the source of the infection with full McAfee and Norton scans and it seems that this is the last aspect that I m being held back on Now I write this to you from my home laptop so cannot easily include his HijackThis log but I ll wait until I m asked for one and can also run Deckard s System Scanner if it s requested Please let me know what you think as well as what information I ve neglected to include Thanks

A:Malware-laden Sony Vaio Won't Boot Without Memory Stick Inserted

Are you serious about trying to remove this infection when it's this bad? Do you have an appropriate windows cd to run as a repair disk?The one expert who would be able to lead you thru this is away right nowI have had a little personal experience with an infection that moves thru usb drives beforehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...Disinfector.exethis tool will immunize another flash drive and the computer it's run onIt would seem if it was run on your infected computer it probably would make booting into normal mode impossibleI would use the tool and another usb drive to try and move some tools onto the infected computer and possibly bring back some logsI would definitely keep that windows cd handy to run as a repair disk

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145101/malware-laden-sony-vaio-wont-boot-without-memory-stick-inserted/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi I am running XP with SP installed OK after I turned off AVG and ZA I have a Nikon Coolpix digital camera and a San Disk mb SD card I have installed the Nikon software without difficulty My PC has a card reader slot on the front along with the USB ports When I put the sd card in the reader and try to transfer the images the Nikon software tells me that there is card card[/B] reader [B]Internal recognise sd wont no memory card in the connected camera or the card reader The sd card does not show up in the removable storage on My Computer I have not been able to locate the card reader in device manager although I am not really sure what to look [B]Internal card reader wont recognise sd card[/B] for There is not any problem transferring the images via the USB cable so the problem does not seem to be with the sd card The forum on the fujitsu my PC is a fujitsu site is not currently up and running due to maintenance and the instructions supplied with the PC are not any help Any ideas on how to get the card reader working or how to [B]Internal card reader wont recognise sd card[/B] check that it is ok Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello

When I go to use the media manager Memory Stick reader on my desktop I can only put the Memory Stick in once. When I attempt to put the memory stick in a second time or a different card the cpu will not read it, the cpu with do nothing no response. Could anyone help me out there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-reader.551260/
Relevancy 79.55%

Sony Vaio - Memory Stick Pro Device
Hi Guys,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop (VGN-NS20E) with a built in Memory Stick Pro reader (Magic gate)

When I insert a memory stick pro adaptor with micro sd card it locks up windows. I have tried the stick in an external reader and it works ok, It also worked on my old sony vaio.
I have also tried a friends memory stick in the magic gate reader and it reads that ok.
Does anyone know if the newer magic gate readers will read memory stick pro duo adaptors for micro sd cards. Do I need to update drivers ???
any help appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-reader.837610/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but I love that there are so many experienced members online who are willing to help out.

As the title of this post suggests i have a Pentax Optio S6 series digital camera, I also have an XD card. The other day I took my camera out and forgot to put the memory card in so I took photos on the camera saved in the inbuilt memory.

I have lost the cable for my camera and I was wondering if there is any way to get the photos from the camera either onto the memory card or my computer without the cable, I really need the photos and would be gutted if theres nothing I can do.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all xox : )

A:Pentax Optio s6 - memory card and inbuilt.

check your Manual, or look at the manual on line...it explains how to copy from internal memory to your memory card....

http://www.pentaxcanada.ca/pdf/o_manuals/om_OPTIOS6_e.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pentax-optio-s6-memory-card-and-inbuilt.772220/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I m running XP Home on an Alienware Area- PC I use memory sticks in both my PDA and my digital camera On an earlier PC running SE I used with no problem a small green memory stick reader USB connection --which worked fine for anything I needed -- downloading photos writing to the stick formatting When I went to the new PC it didn t work at all after numerous uninstall reinstall tries and I decided the software wouldn t work with XP So I bought a new reader writer a Dazzle also USB Failures, two Memory Stick Reader and it doesn t really work either When I click on the quot photos quot icon in Explorer it accesses the stick but clicking on the folder in which the pictures are either freezes the PC necessitating a reboot or simply closes Explorer So finally my question Is there some memory stick reader that s sure not to fail like this is there some way to tweak Explorer to fix this or Thanks nbsp

A:Memory Stick Reader Failures, two

Have you got SP1 on XP. There were some problems with the USB support on the base install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-reader-failures-two.252920/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I have been using my Sony Memory Stick Reader MSAC-US for over a year now I had to do a quot format and recovery quot on my PC Win SE and now am trying to get all my programs reloaded and on the machine I plugged the memory stick reader into it s USB port put in the quot Driver Software quot CD for this Memory Stick Reader Writer and it appeared to go through the Wizard downloading I clicked yes to everything it said the PC had to shut down and restart I clicked yes when it restarted a little box said it was building a new driver Well once I was back on I pushed the memory stick into the reader looked in quot My Computer quot and could not find the usual little icon for the quot D quot drive that I had reader stick Memory Sony before the whole format and recovery I opened my quot Microsoft Picture It Express quot clicked on all the right things to open got to the choice of where to look for my pics and found that there was no quot D quot in the choices When I push my memory stick Sony Memory stick reader in a little quot access quot light briefly comes on and then off as it has in the past whenever I insert the memory stick Any ideas Where can I look for this driver quot D quot I really need to get this up and running and am not sharp enough to know where to begin I have tried reloading it repeatedly with no results Please please help me I really can t afford to rebuy this Thanks nbsp

A:Sony Memory stick reader

Hi, solved my own problem!! I tried right clking "My Computer">properties>Device Manager>looked down the list & found "other devices", opened and saw something with MSAC-US1, which is on my memory stick reader, doble clked, it asked if I wanted to find the best driver> yes> and kept saying yes till it was done. It works!! Wooohoooo! Hope this helps someone else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-reader.233387/
Relevancy 78.69%

Like many boards, Gigabyte 7VAXP comes with the Winbond Smart I/O connectors (white). Where can I get a reader/writer that connects to it?

On the right hand bottom corner are the connectors for Secure digital (brown), Memory stick (White) and Smart Card Reader (black)

Thanks!

Relevancy 77.83%

I just got a Sony Brand USB Memory Stick Reader and installed it on WinXP - hassle free, no drivers required.

However, when I insert a Memory Stick, no drive letter is assigned to the stick. The Drive shows up in Windows XP's Disk Management but without a Letter. If I try to assign a letter, it says I need to reboot the computer.

If I reboot, a letter will be assigned and I can read from the memory stick without a problem - BUT when I reinsert the Stick, the same thing happens! Basically I have to reboot everytime I want to read one of my memory sticks....

I don't think its supposed to work this way....

Any suggestions!??

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-reader-windows-xp.76955/
Relevancy 77.83%

My other computer died(it's getting fixed) so I'm borrowing my kids computer. I wanted to add my memory stick reader/writer to this computer also but I've installed the driver(s)but I can't seem to get it to work still. On my other computer I just put in my memory stick and then clicked on My Computer and picked the drive that it was found on. I don't see that on this computer.

I am running Win98SE and I'm using IE6. My digi-cam is a Sony Cybershot DCS-P72

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation?

Relevancy 76.97%

Just upgraded my computer, and ever since I got it back, it shuts down everytime I try to use the scanner or memory stick reader. Have no clue what the problem is. Any help?? I don't really know much about computers!!

A:Computer shuts down when I try to use scanner & memory stick reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-when-i-try-to-use-scanner-memory-stick-reader.117298/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I purchased one of the new Inspiron 1720 laptops running Vista about 2 weeks ago and only now checked to see if the multiple card reader drive worked and found to my dismay that it doesn't.
When I put an SD card in the drive, the searching for drivers box pops up but it doesn't find anything. I have searched the driver CD that dell supplied with the laptop but still no luck.

When I look in Device manager I get the following error message:

"A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)".

I have tried searching the dell forums to see if anyone else has seen this with their new inspirons but have had no look thus far.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,
Conor

A:Code 32 error for multiple memory card reader drive - can't find driver

go here and use their online chat...should be able to talk you thru the fix

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/code-32-error-for-multiple-memory-card-reader-drive-cant-find-driver.605950/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've been trying to install a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A but every time I do, it says that it cannot find the drivers. I've attempted to download and install some versions of the drivers meant for older versions of Windows, but those didn't work either.

Is there any way to find a driver that will allow me to use a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7?

A:Drivers for Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7.

Quote: Originally Posted by Roboticon

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've been trying to install a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A but every time I do, it says that it cannot find the drivers. I've attempted to download and install some versions of the drivers meant for older versions of Windows, but those didn't work either.

Is there any way to find a driver that will allow me to use a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7?

Welcome to the forum,

All I see is an XP Driver here,

Sony eSupport - MSAC-US1A - Software Updates & Drivers

You can try installing in Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/165801-drivers-sony-memory-stick-reader-writer-msac-us1a-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

hi. i have a samsung galaxy portal. my computer doesn't recognise the memory card in the phone. it has an 8gb memory card which the phone recognises but the computer doesn't.
it comes up with removable disc (d) , but when i click on this it says please insert a disc?
i have gone into property for this removable disc (d), and it says all the free space has gone on the memory card? the device is working properly, but there is nothing on the card!
any ideas?
maybe it is the phone as i can't get it to save anything on the card, and my phone memory is full!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-recognise-memory-card.968392/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey i got this laptop about 6 or 7 months ago and it has always had the problem where it wouldnt recognise the micro SD card that I put into the slot.

I have the Acer travelmate 5710 and am using two memory adaptors one is a 'DSE' and a sandisk microSD/transflash adaptor (I have a microSD 2GB card.)

when i insert it, a little remove safely comes up in the bottom tool bar and in 'My computer' there is a little picture of a memory card and i double click it, then it says "Please insert a disk into drive F" and im like, err there is a disk in there (my memory card) Do I have the memory card drive ( F: ) configured as a CD drive instead of memory card drive? Help me please someone.

A:Laptop doesnt recognise memory card?

unfortunately not all laptop use all different brands of memory.
make sure you know the max amount of memory the system takes if you exceed that it will not reconize it and also find out what the brnd was originally and go with that brand but to answer the sd question see if there is a bios upgrae as well as removeable drive drivers on there website. if not you are out of luck. sorry if i got carrie away in the beginning lol. good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-recognise-memory-card.107784/
Relevancy 72.24%
Relevancy 72.24%

After inserting multi card reader computer becomes very very slow it sees card reader not by its name but as disc E or D when i try to open Disk E or D it does not open up and window becomes unresponsive. Please help fix this need multi card reader for work. Windows 10 update is messing up my Thinkpad and peace of mind!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/External-card-reader-dont-work-X1-carbon/td-p/3419139
Relevancy 71.81%

I Have An External USB 2Liteon Sohw 812sx Dvd Burner, But It Has Stopped Recognising That A Disc Is Inserted, Although The Operating System (sp) Tells Me The Equipment Is Operating Correctly, The Fact That A Disk Is Inserted Is Not Recognised.
I Have Flashed The Latest Firmware, No Change.
It Was Working!!
Can Anyone Help To Solve This Problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-will-not-recognise-that-there-is-a-disk-inserted.35796/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

A:Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 70.95%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I just got a PSP 3000 for the holidays and I can't figure out what memory to buy with it. I heard of ScanDisk and Sony being the best and that the sizes are 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb, 16gb, and 32gb. I feel that 32 gb might be too much so looking at 8gb or 16gb. What brand is better for these 2 sizes of memory to go into a PSP 3000? Also is stick better or micro? I've seen many good priced micro cards so leaning towards it and just getting the adapter for it fit my PSP.

If it helps, would like to have space for movies, downloadable games, music, etc.

A:Which memory stick/card is best for PSP?

I have owned many brands of memory sticks for my PSP, all of them performed the same. As for size if you are wanting to deal with movies and such I would go for the biggest that will fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-memory-stick-card-is-best-for-psp.887544/
Relevancy 69.23%

I Have An External Liteon Sohw 812sx Dvd Burner, But It Has Stopped Recognising That A Disc Is Inserted, Although The Operating System (sp) Tells Me The Equipment Is Operating Correctly, The Fact That A Disk Is Inserted Is Not Recognised.
I Have Flashed The Latest Firmware, No Change.
It Was Working!!
Can Anyone Help To Solve This Problem.

A:Liteon Sohw 812sx Wont Recognise That Disk Is Inserted.

Same Problem

I am having the exact same problem and I am desperate!!!!!! HELP Please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liteon-sohw-812sx-wont-recognise-that-disk-is-inserted.35789/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have tried trawling for information and search engines are too busy interpreting what I really want - really?

Basically they don't give clear answers and web designers can't spend too much time on real data because it goes out of fashion (sic) too quickly.

I run FF Portable from a 2Gb Kingston U3 (waste of time) and the remote systems I use it on do so much checking and FF does so much archiving I need something faster.

It could be a micro SD and small USB carrier or even an SDHC if it would read properly on a variety of systems. Mostly XP.

Any Ideas peeps?

I am UK based. Run XP & 2000 on PC's and Win98 SP2 most of the time (because I run websites and need to know what the lowest common denominator sees)

Relevancy 69.23%

I have tried to upload photo's from my memory stick onto my Mac laptop and it had a error stating that it 'does not recognise my card and to eject' so then I also tried to upload on my Windows PC and that gave me a message 'that I need to format disk'. Now I know that if I do this that it will delete all contents. I don't know what's happened as I just uploaded and cleared content from it a couple of days prior. Is there anything I can do? I've since placed it back into my digital camera and now my camera say's it's an un-useable card, really confused now help would be appreciated. Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb-un-useable-card.890315/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick

A:SanDisk memory stick card problem!!

Only one post per topic....or maybe it was a accident.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandisk-memory-stick-card-problem.516261/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here, cuz you guys are the best help a man can get XD)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick anymore PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 68.37%

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

A:USB Stick & Memory Card Not Showing in My Computer !

Quote: Originally Posted by maranello

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

Have you tried to use System Restore to go back before this issue occured...

If you can't then do a repair install

Repair Install

Backup your data first to be safe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/38754-usb-stick-memory-card-not-showing-my-computer.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an HPa1612n running media center 2005 and it wont pick up my memory card from the 9 in 1 reader that is part of the pc. It worked fine last night. any ideas?

Relevancy 67.94%

I have aLexmark memory card reader that I use with my memomry cards for my digital cameras. I just bought a new M 1G FujiFilm xD card. It said on the package that it is compatible with most cameras, and I didn't give it much thought since I have a Fuji camera.

Well, today I put the card in the reader and it won't read the card. Is there a way to chance properties of the reader so it can read it, or do I need a newer memory card reader because of the new "M" thing? If I need a new one, does anyone have any suggestions on which readers work with the newer cards? Thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

OK i have this problem, i insert my memery card reader or USB stick and then up pops WMP device setup (see "Attach Files")

i then click "cancel" and my usb is shut down, or if i dont click cancel it automatically shuts down after 10 - 20 secs.

i have manually set all the autoplay options in the control panel to "take no action" but this has not made any difference.

can someone please help as these auto crash your hardware add-on's from microsoft are really starting to bug me. please give me back control of my system as you do not know best ffs!

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all Bit of a problem over here Just upgraded a system to a Gigabyte G m-E L mobo Intel CPU and GB OCZ memory The hard drives and CD DVD drives were all fairly new less than a year old and are IDE interface Following the current trend the new mobo Controller recognise not CD does Card DVD or IDE drive has only one IDE controller so I got a PCI Ultra Ata IDE Controller Card Eye-T brand which according to the box supports Ultra ATA s Fast ATA- and ATAPI devices The situation is as follows The hard drives work flawlessly in both IDE Controller Card does not recognise CD or DVD drive the onboard IDE channel and the controller card The CD and DVD work flawlessly in the onboard IDE channel but are not recognised by the controller card After a couple of hours head scratching and trying diffrernet configerations I am starting to get grumpy Tried updating the driver new cables etc I cant help thinking I am missing something obvious but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be much obliged Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello! I've tried searching multiple different ways to find an answer, and I have thus far been unsuccessful. I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a database (just Access) on a USB memory stick. It moves from computer to computer at work, and it may load into G:, F:, etc. Is there a way to tell the stick to name itself when it loads to keep this drive name consistent? The database calls out to the stick, and the calls don't automatically rename themselves when the stick does, so the links often break.

I hope this makes sense... I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!

A:Specify which drive for memory stick

try this while the stick is inserted

click Start->Run, enter diskmgmt.msc

Rt click on the current memory stick drive letter and select Change Drive Letter

Pick what you want

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specify-which-drive-for-memory-stick.114005/
Relevancy 67.08%

The 128GB USB MEMORY PEN STICK DRIVE I bought from eBay I don't think it works properly, because I have heard that it could be formatted to fat32 (only exFat) but apparently I have also heard that Fat32 formatting does not support anything over 64GB so I don't know how to format it or do anything with this. Is this possible, if so if anyone has any ideas on how to do this it would be great .

Lockeyp

Relevancy 66.65%

hi do all digital camera memory cards fit into any card reader? the card that came with my digital camera is by patriot brand and i don't know a lot about this yet so i don't know if it will be compatible with various readers (or, does "size" matter? this one is 256mb storage). thanks for any enlightenment anyone is kind enough to share princi*

Relevancy 66.65%

I recently built a new computer and there is a mystery drive in "My Computer".

It's under "Devices with removable storage" and is named "Winbond MS Drive". I did install a zip drive but it is not currently hooked up, and I think that this Winbond MS Drive was there before I installed the zip. But I have no idea what it is.

If I look at the properties, it says that it is a Winbond Memory Stick Drive and is working properly. But I'm still clueless.

I also have a Digital Camera that I installed, but it shows up under "Scanners and Cameras" in "My Computer" when it is hooked up.

Any ideas what this is?

Thanks,
Snorii

A:Mystery Drive - Winbond Memory Stick Drive

I guess I should mention that I have a Gigabyte GA-8IHXP Motherboard.

From the link, I see that number 6 on I/O connectors there are "Memory Stick / Security Digital / Smart Card Reader connectors". But shouldn't I have to have a disk/stick connected for this to show up in "My Computer"?

I'm going to research it some more....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mystery-drive-winbond-memory-stick-drive.130853/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have a IQ 524 Touchsmart all in one. It came with Windows XP and I've upgraded to windows 7 Professional from my tech guy. My memory card reader is not working. Could someone please help me with this.Thanking you in advance 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/memory-card-reader/td-p/5634058
Relevancy 66.65%

My memory card reader dpc-r1 for some reason now won't read any smart media cards can anyone help please. Found the problem, the reader won't work through a usb extention but I dont know why.

A:Memory card reader

I found a discussion on this card reader, maybe it will help you.

Card Reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader.285712/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Gateway laptop that was changed from windows xp to windows Vista. Before the change, I could take the memory card out of my camera and put it in the slot on my laptop and download pictures. After changing to Vista, I put the memory card in the slot and nothing happens. Ive tried everything I know, nothing helps. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:memory card reader

Hello paul freshour,
Could you give us some system specs, and tell us what you have tried so far, so we don't go over old ground, thanks.
Also, is it showing up in Device Manager ?, does it need specific drivers ?.
Let us know and we will try to help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268636-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.65%

hi guys

slight problem i hope you can help me with

ive got a pc running windows 7 it came with a memory card reader built in, all worked fine for months.

ive just put my sd card into the slot and nothing happens.... ive tried connecting the camera via a usb lead and still no joy, it does need even show up in my computer.

the only thing ive done recently is installed itunes and had a iphone attached to the pc.... would these cause this problem??

any help would be great really need to upload some pics asap

thanks

A:memory card reader

have you got a slot on your printer you can try.? not much help im afraid but when i recently had an issue with my camera and pc i found my printer read the card and would upload to pc . just a thought!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/88683-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a GatewaY notebook and since upgrading to Vista the memory card reader doesn't function. It will not show up as a drive when an SD card is inserted. Any ideas on fixing this?
Thanks,
Roger
[email protected]

A:Memory Card Reader

I have a GatewaY notebook and since upgrading to Vista the memory card reader doesn't function. It will not show up as a drive when an SD card is inserted. Any ideas on fixing this? Thanks,[email protected] need the model number of your pc it probably just needs a updated driver but without your model number i wont beable to find it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101018/memory-card-reader/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a problem. My memory card dont format. Also it dont store any new things neither it deletes the present data. It is simply struck. I cant understand this. I tried normal format, mobile format and dos format. Even third party format tools dont work. plz help.

Relevancy 66.22%

Cannot see USB Memory Stick / Pen Drive when installed. CAn be seen in My Computer\Manage\Disk Manager but not under My Computer? Can access data by using IE and directly addressing dive, in this case E:\

Same Memory Stick / Pen Drive works on other PC's

Can anyone tell me if there is a fix for this?

A:Cannot see USB Memory Stick / Pen Drive when installed

Maybe SCSI support is required! I say maybe..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-see-usb-memory-stick-pen-drive-when-installed-240451.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a 2g memory stick and a little 64k stick. My 2g works fine, but in the same usb port the 64k stick doesn't work (up til now worked fine recently). Light goes on on the stick and stays on instead of going off, and the stick nor the files show up as an active drive (like if it's just not there)? I've gone into devices and when I put the stick in it comes up and it says the driver is ok. I've also read some info about reformatting but have no idea if that will solve the problem, nor do I have any idea how to do that even if it will help? Is there any way to get this working to recover the files?

Appreciate any help....

Relevancy 66.22%

I just put together a new system today with Core 2 Duo & Win 7 pro 64 bit and it is running great but for one small glitch. I put in a cheap 58-in-one (SD, MMC, etc) Vantec internal memory card reader and turns out it isn't compatible. Does anyone know of a specific brand and model that will work with 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-win-7-internal-memory-card-reader-454977.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have problem with SD card reader. When I connect card nothing happens for few minutes, then icon appears, but can not be accesed.
I tried reinstalling driver and Live CD Linux, but it's still the same.

A:E7440 Memory Card Reader

Hi, 
I have the same problem, I think it might be BIOS problem. I noticed this problem few days after BIOS update but I'm not sure that update caused problem. My current BIOS is A17.
Update: A18 version fixes problem :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963177
Relevancy 66.22%

i am using windows 8 i have a driver missing for my memory card reader RT55139/ i am using a lenovo laptop Ive tried updating my driver through updates but it says driver cant be found. does it matter if i don't update this driver and if it is important to be updated where can i find the updates would i have to pay to get the update done or can i find them free

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38874-driver-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell Inspiron had it for over a year I am always using the memory card slot to import my pictures I use a Gb SD card never even once had a problem Then I didn t use the slot for at least days started up my computer and the quot Safely Remove Hardware quot green guy is up! MESSED Memory Card Reader thing was in the bottom which was wierd because NOTHING was plugged into my computer Not even my power cord was plugged in When I opened it to see what it was I saw quot Ricoh Memory Stick Disk Device quot Not knowing what it was as I ve NEVER seen Ricoh anywhere on my computer after research found out it was the actual reader but I had never seen it before So I stopped this and inserted my card just like normal Normally the Auto Play comes up with CANNON at the top and it just imports my photos and such But when I inserted it this time the green thingy popped up again but Memory Card Reader is MESSED up! no auto play Okay so I can handle this so I went to My Computer and was just open it through Explorer But instead of it saying CANNON it says quot xD-Picture Card F quot So I tried to open it and it says quot Please insert a disc into xD-Picture Card quot and it wont open my pictures I ve tried putting the card into another computer and everything is peachy So as soon as I open the stop hardware thing it says quot Ricoh xD-Picture Card Disk Device quot Well never seen that before either So when I stopped it and removed my card the first one immediately popped back up again Not that the green icon is annoying but it has NEVER been up before unless something was plugged in I ve tried a system restore to a previous date two to be exact tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers disabling and enabling them from the device manager I m just SOO at a loss here as to why all of a sudden is Ricoh showing up on my computer and not letting me read my card I even tried to reformat the card and still no luck PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME Thanks sorry so long nbsp

A:Memory Card Reader is MESSED up!

Somone please help me...I'm so at a loss! It is driving me crazy because I need some pictures on this computer. PLEASE! Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-is-messed-up.768429/
Relevancy 66.22%

There seems to be a problem with the memory card reader until last weekend it was working perfectly for the cameras I hve memory cards for As soon as I put a card in either gb or gb the following message appeared This card needs formatting nbsp nbsp I didn't format but when I put the card back in the st camera the screen flashed Memory Card Error I then tried the card from my nd camera and the same thing happened message appeared on laptop screen this card needs formatting then when put back into camera Memory Card Error appeared nbsp I find it very hard to believe that it's a coincidence as it's happened with two different Canon digi cameras and two different nbsp cards nbsp Are the cards corrupted now Is the memory card reader faulty and is it the cause nbsp I am very reluctant to put the memory card in from my rd camera into the reader slot as the cost of replacing the other Reader Memory Card Problem two Sandisk Memory Cards will be expensive enough

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Memory-Card-Reader-Problem/td-p/5666069
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC , widows 10 .
My memory card reader isn't working. How should I check what the problem is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-not-working.1170327/
Relevancy 66.22%

Does anyone know if a new memory card sandisk or a reader memory or with card new new virus? new iomega memory card reader writer can new memory card or new reader with virus? come with a virus Or possible a virus put on the memory card from a new digital camera The memory card card reader via usb and camera have never been connected to another computer but my own My system is working fine but I cant figure out for sure how a new folder with zip files suddenly turned up on my desktop I did not unzip the files and KIS did not detect any virus I quarantined the folder but not sure if I should plug the memory card reader into other computers I own or continue to use the memory card I did print some new memory card or new reader with virus? pictures off the memory card using windows picture wizard OR is it possible a coincidence that same day I plugged in new memory card reader writer I picked up a virus from the internet OS is win xp Also can KIS detect a virus if it is in a zipped file thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-memory-card-or-new-reader-with-virus.918185/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I want to use the memory card reader on the HP D printer This printer is on a local network shared with a Desktop and a Laptop Printing works OK from either card reader Map HP D7260 memory computer The drivers are up to date I can view the pictures on the memory card but when I try to save to the computer I get an error quot Not set up you need to install device software quot I posted to the HP forums and I was advised to map the shared PC to the shared Printer HP is having a hour quot Experts Day quot and I did get one response The mapping they suggested did not Map HP D7260 memory card reader work for me It was to map lt sharedcomputername gt lt sharedprintername gt I verified the following names with NET VIEW FRANKSPC I used this mapping to letter J FRANKSPC HP Photosmart D series BT - - The mapping program finds FRANKSPC but it cannot find HP Photosmart D series BT - - which is the Map HP D7260 memory card reader shared printer name displayed by NET VIEW Any Suggestions Thanks Frank C

A:Map HP D7260 memory card reader

Hi,
I think that I have made some progress!
Using this path for mapping a device
\\FRANKSPC\HP Photosmart D7200 series BT 12-8-08\Memory_Card
I no longer get
J is not accessible. The system cannot find the drive specified"
Now I get
"The specified network resource or device is no longer available"

When I use I.E to show I P \\192.168.1.115 (the printer I P) I do see a folder for
memory_card (\\192.168.1.115).
Properties > Network tab > Workgroup shows MSHOME

At Control panel > System > Computer name, domain and workgroup setting
Workgroup is = to WORKGROUP.
Is this mismatch in workgroup name causing my problem?
Frank C

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298043-map-hp-d7260-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently installed Windows 8.1 on my HP Pavilion p6130y desktop PC. Everything works great except Windows can't find and install the 15-in-1 memory card reader device. I know the device is connected to the mother board because the light in the card reader comes on when I insert a memory card, but nothing shows up Windows Explorer. Also, I can't find a driver specifically for the card reader on HP's website. Please help, and Thanks!

A:Need Driver for 15-in-1 memory card reader

Welcome to the forum dle1964. Does it show up in device manager with a yellow triangle? If so let it search on line for a driver. If not, going to be a bit harder. Do you know the manufacturer name of the card reader? If yes, see if there are drivers at their site.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46785-need-driver-15-1-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I bought a 6-1 memory bank it is by IOGEAR. It is a card reader.
It installed with no problems but what I don't understand how does it work. There is no icon or program to click on. Its just there. How do you get the info on the card onto your computer?
Im sure if anyone has a card reader this one works the same.

puter hater

Relevancy 66.22%

Memory Card Reader connected via any USB port on my PC running on 32-bit Windows 7 appears as an USB Device in "Device Manager" and as an ICON in "Devices & Printers" but does NOT appear in "My Computer" or "Disk Management" with an assigned driver letter! As such I am not able to access the Card Reader.

I have tried various solutions to similar problems reported by others in this Forum as also other Forums, such as technologynext, social.technet.microsoft etc. but none worked for me!

Can someone please offer me a workable solution? Thanks!

Relevancy 66.22%

I have no idea when this stopped working, but i noticed it yesterday when i went to use it.
The device manager detects a 'unknown device' in the USB controllers list and gives this report 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

A:50-In-1 Memory Card Reader Not Working

The first thing I'd try is updating that particular driver. If no help, I'd delete the driver and let windows discover the device again.

Try this fixit link as well:

Tips for fixing common driver problems

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135209-50-1-memory-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Gateway ML6732 running Windows Vista and recently my memory card reader won't recognize anything. It used to work beautifully, and I don't know what's wrong with it now. Does anybody know what drivers would be associated with it? I've checked my device manager and I have a yellow exclamation mark next to my SCSI/RAID Host Controller. I don't know if that has anything to do with my memory card reader, but I can't find an update anywhere. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Memory Card Reader Not Working?

Right click the yellow exclamation mark and update your drivers if the device manager is unable to update drivers which is not often . Then you can go to your own computers website and download all drivers needed put in make,model number and operating system of your computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-not-working.878850/
Relevancy 66.22%

hello,

I did a search (both here and google) for finding this problem but came up overwhelmed and empty. Too many key works I think.

I have an HP laptop dv 9000 series running vista home premium. At one point, about 6 months ago my 5 in 1 memory card reader recognized and would allow me to access my Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo 2GB, 4GB Mark2, and 8GB Mark2 memory cards via a Memory Stick Duo Adapter (MSAC-M2). Now when I try the same method, my computer won't even acknowledge that the card is in the reader. I have checked the HP website and my drivers are up to date. Furthermore, my memory card reader will recognize my SanDisk 2GB, and 4GB SDHC cards just fine.

I get no error message, and even checking in device manager I can't seem to find the sony mem stick at all, even as an unkown device.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-in-1-memory-card-reader-pro-duo-absent.798490/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1505 running Windows XP sp3. Machine is equipped with a 6 in 1 memory card reader. Recently, the device has required a restart of the machine after the media is inserted before the machine will recognize the media. Now it seems even this extra step has stopped working.

I have looked in the device manager, but am not certain which device is my card reader. I'm thinking a driver update is needed, but would appreciate any other suggestions.
Scott

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fussy-memory-card-reader.835347/
Relevancy 66.22%

By error, I installed a Fujifilm Memory Card Reader two times. This means that in My Computer I have 2 Removal Disks drives, one in F and one in G.
How do I remove one of them?

A:Installed Memory Card reader twice

Well, if the driver has an entry in Install/Remove Programs in control panel, uninstall all of them and start over. If not, uninstall all instances of it in Device Manager, reboot to make sure they're gone, and then install one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-memory-card-reader-twice.356286/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys, so I upgrade to Windows 7 on my HP DV9000t (with intel core 2 duo t5600 processor) laptop recently from XP Media Center Edition. Now, my built-in memory card reader won't work. Does anyone know where I can find the driver for it? or what the issue might be?!

Thanks guys

-Matt

A:HELP Memory Card Reader Not Working

Hello,

Try this driver: Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Driver HP Pavilion dv9000t CTO Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Good luck!
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/62408-help-memory-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

dear sir,

right after I installed sandisk imagemate usb mem card reader the ff problem has occured... please let me know how to fix this cause I have no way of knowing where to start...

its says ....

system file warning:

the following system files has been replaced with older version by a program you recently ran. some window functionality may not run correctly eith this files installed.

please restore this files by running windows setup located on your original window disk to verify your current installation ...

c:\windows\system\winASPI.dll
I really cant understand where to begin and what it means so
please explain in details ... about my pc ,

intell III 550 mhz 256ram win98se msoffice200....
thank you guys in advance I really appreciate your help...

A:help : memory card reader installation

Try this:

Start button, run, then type sfc and hit ok....

Choose extract one file from installation disk and type that file name....winaspi.dll

you'll then need your windows installation cd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-memory-card-reader-installation.50920/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
I have a memory stick pro duo and someone stuck it in my computers card reader slot without using the adapter thingy to make it fit! :dead: (see example here)

The card has slid all the way to the back of the reader. I did try using a tweezer like most people used to solve their problem, but i bought 3 different sized tweezers and they don't fit because the card has went above the rail that you slide it in.
Any ideas on how to remove it?

If you don't understand what i mean, i can take a picture and attach it. Just ask.

Thank you

A:Memory card stuck in reader

Take the picture, but you might have to get some micro tools to take this out. Let me see how close you can take a micro image of what you have to work with...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-stuck-in-reader.85264/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am using Windows 8.1
I have found, in my "Maintenance" part of my Control Panel, a message has appeared, informing me that
a Driver, for my Memory Card Reader Driver, is available. When i view the message, the solution for this, is not available. When i go to, "Devices and Printer`s" on my computer, it shows me my computer, but it has a yellow
triangle, with like a black line running down the center of it. At the bottom of that page, where it says, "Status",
it says "Driver is not available".
Can anyone tell me what is going on, and how do i remedy this.
Thank you.

A:Memory Card Reader Driver.

Check if you've received this card reader with an optical media (contains driver that needed to installed first on your computer). Try installing the driver first before connecting the card reader. Once the drive is installed, restart your PC and connect the reader back again.

Good luck!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-driver.1153958/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Memory card reader and on the windows explorer it shows all the card slots as drives.

Is it possible for it to only show the slot that has media in (dare I say, like a mac)?

The same with my optical drives, is it possible to 'hide' them only showing when they have mounted a an item of optical media?

Or is this just pipe dreams, and only the preserve of unix based systems?

A:Memory card reader question

Folder Options

Drives - Hide or Show Empty Drives in Computer Folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20158-memory-card-reader-question.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hey guys, trying to make a SD card be read on the PC it is built into the computer, and when plugged in the light goes red, indicating of course, that something is in there, however no option shows up to change files, we have tried with the lock switch, both ways...and still no luck, it also DOES NOT show up under computer, the pc is running windows 7 home premium.

A:memory card reader issue

From a Microsoft Answers thread:

Quote:
1. Check if the device is getting detected in device manager. Follow the steps to go to device manager
i. Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
ii. Search for the name of the device

If the device is not getting detected in device manager, then check if it is hidden device.
i. Click show hidden devices under View
ii. expand all the nods under device manager
iii. There would be many grayed out entries in device manager uninstall all the grayed out entries under all the nods and then restart the computer and plug the external device to the computer and check if it works

2. Install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and even make sure the driver is compatible with the version of operating system installed on your computer. check if it works
Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Install the driver in Compatibility mode: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

3. Check with any other another SD card if it is getting recognized or detected or you may even check if the same SD card is getting recognized or detected on other computer

Thanks and Regards:
Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support

Source

Also:

A Secure Digital (SD) card may not be recognized on a Windows 7 based computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/246475-memory-card-reader-issue.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hey everybody .. i have a sony vaio fw21e .I have 2 slots for cards.. 1 for sd cards , and another for magic gate cards from sony .. the sd card works perfectly ..but the magic gate doesnt work . i downloaded from vaio support some drivers .. but i don t have any clue how to install .. there 4 files .(.inf ) (.dll) ,(.sys) and (.dll) no.. executable .. how do i suppose do install these files.. i m using windows 7 ultimate .. 64 bit . .thx

A:memory card reader problem

Quote: Originally Posted by santiago89

hey everybody .. i have a sony vaio fw21e .I have 2 slots for cards.. 1 for sd cards , and another for magic gate cards from sony .. the sd card works perfectly ..but the magic gate doesnt work . i downloaded from vaio support some drivers .. but i don t have any clue how to install .. there 4 files .(.inf ) (.dll) ,(.sys) and (.dll) no.. executable .. how do i suppose do install these files.. i m using windows 7 ultimate .. 64 bit . .thx

Hi and welcome

to install drivers with inf files you need to go into search and type device manager. go to the card reader tab find the magic gate device. right click the file>properties>drivers>update driver> point to where the inf and other files are being stored

Let us know if this doesnt help

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37956-memory-card-reader-problem.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P, it has memory card input on the front..SD/MMC, CF, etc. Time to time they don't work, as in, I put the card in and nothing shows up on XP, and it doesn't show up on My Computer. Now, it's not working at all, it won't read my SD card or my CF card.

Are there any solutions?

Thanks

A:Memory Card reader not working

Any feedback...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-not-working.527438/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Sony Cybershot and have lost the cable to transfer pictures to PC making it impossible to use internal memory. I bought a Dynex 5 in 1 memory card reader on the advice of a Best Buy employee. My memory card is a Sandisk pro duo which is supposed to work in the reader. It fits in fine, but I can't get it back out without a pair of hemostats. Any suggestions on a memory card reader for this particular memory card, or does this one really work and I'm just a moron who can't figure it out

A:memory card reader nightmare

preemiepower said:

I have a Sony Cybershot and have lost the cable to transfer pictures to PC making it impossible to use internal memory.Click to expand...

To get the internal memory info, you will need a compatible cable. A card reader can not do this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-nightmare.735521/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Fujifilm 3800 camera and a DPC-R1 card reader, also made my fujifilm.
The camera has a 128 MB card in it. I successfully installed the card reader and it shows in Device manager. I install the mem card and click on the drive, but am prompted to insert the disk. The card is good since it shows all the pics I took this weekend but I can't get the reader to recognize the card.

Im running XP Pro SP2 and am not aware of a more recent driver for the reader since a websearch turned up nothing.

Any ideas on this problem? I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no results.

Thanks in advance.

A:Memory card reader problems

Have a look on Google.

Many users also report that this card will not work with XP, even though Fuji state that it does.

Some do report it works OK, so its probably conflicting with something on some systems - but what...?.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-problems.478693/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am planning on buying an external memory card reader/writer with hub. Should card readers generally be compliant with all three host controller interfaces--open, universal and enhanced? If not, would a computer compliant with only a universal controller work with a reader having one or other two interfaces--OHCI and EHCI? My computer has the universal controller.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-writer.710454/
Relevancy 66.22%

I Have a Compaq SR1420NX PC Runnning Windows XP. My Memory card reader died, and it needs to be replaced. i Ordered a replacement one from Compaq, and there is a screw go get to after taking off the front panel and the case, and i can NOT get to it. how would i get the card reader out of the system?

A:Compaq Memory Card Reader

Hi!!

I just looked on the HP website and here is a link to the Upgrade and Service Manual for this system. It shows you how to remove all the components, face plates and everything!

You will want to download the “Upgrading and Servicing Guide”, the 6th one down from the top!

Here is the link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=us&docname=c00303967&dlc=en&product=457247&

It’s actually a really simple task!!!

Thanks…

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-memory-card-reader.587667/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey there! I've got a kodak 6 in 1 memory card reader. It's worked fine for a while now. About a week ago we dumped the hard drive, just due to a ton of viruses, etc...So that was said and done, and I re-installed the software for the reader. Before I just had to put my memory stick in and a windows prompt would pop up asking what I wanted to do...This time it didn't. I went to the drivers properties and changed it to prompt when I put it in, and it still didn't. I think I know how to get the pictures the other way, because I can access them...But does anyone know what I can do to get the windows prompt to pop up?

By the way, I'm running xp

Relevancy 65.79%

I am no longer able to get the hard drive to recognize the memory stick from a digital camera. OS is Windows XP. Anyone with a suggestion?

A:Xfer fm Memory Stick to Hard Drive

Go to Start,Run then type Regedit.
Locate the following folder :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB
You should see a list of Vid numbers.Open them one by one,by clicking on the + next to them.Highlight the sub-branch and check the right pane of the window and look for the line which says "Devicedesc".This will help you finding which Vid corresponds to your camera.Once you have found it,delete the Vid folder which corresponds to your camera.Close the Registry Editor and reconnect the camera.
You need Admin rights to do that.
Cheers and good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xfer-fm-memory-stick-to-hard-drive.384074/
Relevancy 65.79%

To keep this simple I want to make a removable drive USB Stick driver letter permanent I use disk manager to set the stick to be E but once I insert a different stick it still shows up as a differnt drive letter This is do to the volume ID correct How can I bypass this so every time I insert any stick into the port it make How memory to stick? any permanent a drive do I shows up as E or whatever drive letter I want it to always show up I dont want differnt drive letters Is thier a way in windows to not see it as a removable storage device or to make it not see volume ID s on USB memory sticks I thought about tricking it to use a differnt generic driver which does work but it still changes or adds another drive letter if I insert a different nd Stick I have been told Linux handels Drive letters differnetly Maybe I should try this I know nothing about Linux nbsp

A:How do I make a drive permanent to any memory stick?

you cannot. Windows assigns a drive letter every time you insert a new stick. You CAN, however, rename the stick to avoid confusion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-make-a-drive-permanent-to-any-memory-stick.75479/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have recently found a program that caches all the programs you are using at the time onto a pen drive so that it can be accessed "quicker". I was wondering whether USB2 pen drives would out perform this drive. http://techreport.com/articles.x/4988

Any help with this would be great as I could then buy my self a 4GB pen drive and run stuff from that instead of my old IDE drive.

Thanking in advance,
Jack-O-Bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-faster-than-hard-drive.920645/
Relevancy 65.79%

In my office we have one shared computer that is often getting infected via thumb drive memory stick USB Basically different people come in and plug in their thumb drive and the infection spreads to the computer as soon as it's plugged in On this machine we have AVG Free at the moment It's not stopping this from happening drive/memory USB/thumb protection stick These days is there some special software or tool that can be used so that these thumb drives can be safe to use Putting anything ON these thumb drives is impossible since people I don't even know have access to this computer It would need to be something that's resident on the computer itself ANd also something that will block virus infection in all cases -- basically that doesn't offer up a YES NO choice for this thumb drive user so that they can mindlessly quickly click to choose to allow the virus to infect the computer Some of the people using it for example don't speak English so wouldn't even know what buttons they're clicking or what any of it means Basically is there any dummy-proof mode of protection in this area Any help very appreciated

A:USB/thumb drive/memory stick protection

If this is a corporate computer, we can't exactly help you as the I.T. dept has a set of rules and such for computer (quietman7 has a canned speech about that somewhere...). If that is the case, then you might want to report about it to your I.T. dept.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228476/usbthumb-drivememory-stick-protection/
Relevancy 65.36%

Good morning.

I am in the process of purchasing a digital camera, and I am trying to find a memory card reader for the following setup. I hope any one of you can help me.

I have a 4 pin firewire port on my 3 year old computer. Most, if not all, of the firewire card readers being sold have 6 pin connections. I can get a 6 to 4 adapter cable, but all of the card readers I have found get power from the bus on the computer through the 2 extra pins, and do not have a standalone power option.

So my question is this: Do any of you use a 6-pin firewire memory card reader with standalone power (AC adapter, batteries, the like)? FYI, I am using a Sandisk 1 GB CF II card.

This has been an incredibly hard piece of information to find out. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.