Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

Q: Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 97.61%

Until recently my Outlook email worked just fine. The other day I began to receive many duplicate emails. I deleted my account from Outlook and re-entered all of the information. I ran a test email which seemed to pause on the "Log onto incoming mail server" but then it showed completed.
I have re-entered the email account data many times and keep getting the following error:

Task 'mail.xxxxdeletedmyserverinfo.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR unable to open that message'

I sent this problem to Network Solutions but did not get a reply.

I can access my email through Outlook Express and directly through the web.

Thanks for any help.

A:Outlook 2003 can't receive POP3 email

Did you use the test function in Outlook when you set up the account?

Don't bother with the "Test" function in Outlook - it often fails for no particular reason.

If you did use it, try sending yourself an email the normal way.

The error you receive can be caused by

Incorrect Email settings.
Incorrect scan settings on anti-virus software (if any).
Corrupted account settings.

First, carefully check your settings. Make sure EVERYTHING is spelled correctly, spacing is correct ([email protected] instead of [email protected] .com), punctuation is correct . instead of ,

One of the most common causes of this error is invalid user name/password. Re-enter them.

Turn off your antivirus email scanning software if all settings are correct.

Since you deleted the account and recreated, the chances are slim that the account settings are corrupt.

Your mail server may also require SSL. I don't know where it is located in Outlook. Find Requires SSL and check the box. Make sure to apply any changes.

If none of this works, post the mail domain which could help us in working with you to resolve the issue.

Also, let us know if you are still receiving duplicate mails in Outlook.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392479/outlook-2003-cant-receive-pop3-email/
Relevancy 96.75%

I am SSL stopped have 7- via been receiving a on Update? email it could POP3 Windows Outlook Win running Office on Windows RTM for a couple of months without problem Suddenly Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Outlook generate errors whenever it tries to read email from my Yahoo account POP server Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Yahoo uses SSL for both POP and SMTP server connections Whenever the Outlook error appears I also get an error in the Windows Application log-Outlook error-Task quot rjo - Receiving quot reported error x CCC F quot The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or the Internet Sservice provider ISP quot App log error- XML view - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Schannel quot Guid quot F - - - FDC-C FF F C quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt OtterPC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot AlertDesc quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt On the day that the last message was received Outlook still worked I got a boatload of Windows updates I did a system restore to when it worked but no success I did everything in the various KB articles to troubleshoot new profile with new data file - no luck My WinXP boot partition on the same machine works fine with its Outlook install I tried tuning off the Win firewall Any ideas

A:Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update?

I'm sure you know yahoo requires a plus account paid subcription for email clients since yahoo was working on your previous operating system. Also if it's of any to use you this link has the yahoo plus client settings.  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06a311ad-a43a-4148-84c0-9564870d2f63/outlook-stopped-receiving-pop3-email-via-ssl-on-win-7-could-it-have-been-a-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello I use Outlook with SP on a Windows Ultimate x SP Service Pack Build since yesterday OS Outlook 2003: source email downloaded via pop3 is up to date nothing more to download in Windows Update at this moment Outlook downloads via POP mails from a gmail account I have the issue that randomly for an email with attachment s the source of the email is shown in Outlook after download instead of the correct Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 formating of the mail the attachments as files The specific email is shown correct in gmail web interface Untill now I could not observe a pattern because this is happening for mails from different Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 domains yahoo hotmail others with different attachments in size filetype mostly pps jpg txt or attachment quantity Its also happening from the same sender On the st encounter I asked the sender to send the same email again and it was downloaded correctly NOTE both email versions were displayed correctly in gmail web Is this a known issue I want to ask this before starting to Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3 deeply look into this The user of the PC is very attached to Outlook and upgrade to a newer version comes in question only if this issue cannot be resolved AT ALL Please advise what to check what to change I'm willing to do whatever needed to sort this out Both OS and Office is standard installation configuration no firewall Win Defender is ON Untill yesterday the same Outlook was used on WinXP for about years and with the same gmail account this never happened Cannot reinstall WinXP because of HW change Win needs to stay The PC in question is not the one from my system specs its a Fujitsu Lifebook PH Best regards Ivan

A:Outlook 2003: email source downloaded via pop3

Nothing ? Is this really a neverbefore experienced issue ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/327760-outlook-2003-email-source-downloaded-via-pop3.html
Relevancy 95.89%

My dell laptop, doesn't allow me to select POP3 at the time of initial set up of email accounts in outlook. I am using office 365 license version.
Please guide how to change email account settings from IMAP to POP3 as one of my email id is need to change since otherwise it park all my email on server and the same gets full.
thanks,
Nilesh Gupta

A:How to change email account settings in outlook from IMAP to POP3?

Use Office Outlook on your desktop as your email app instead of windows 10 Mail-Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) and select Office's Outlook as your default. The win 10 Mail app is for webmail and home user use. You might need it for your Microsoft webmail Account but use Office Outlook as your mail email program for POP mail. Office Outlook and Outlook.com are unrelated in spite of the recycled name.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19989642
Relevancy 84.71%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am travelling internationally over the next 3 months. When I connect through the internet using hotel services, I can receive email, but can not send. I have an msn.com email address, using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Currently, I am connected to a D-Link Wireless ADSL2+ Router, and I think it may be blocking the Outgoing Server (SMPT) port 25. I have taken the action to change the port to 587. I have gotten email to send with this setting, but email can still hang up in the outbox...no pattern yet on when it hangs up and when it doesn't. Any suggestions on my actions so far or actions I should take? Thanks.

Relevancy 83.85%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm using Outlook 2003 and Windows xp professional. Ever since I was required to install Outlook Connector to connect Outlook with my hotmail account, I've had connecting issues. Most of the time I get them worked out, but this time I can't. I've tried reinstalling Outlook Connector and removing and then adding again my email account to Outlook. When I try to connect, there is a red X in the lower right window of Outlook and it says
Mail: error
Calendar: error

The thing is, when I created a new hotmail account (and a gmail account for that matter) I was able to easily connect both of them to Outlook without problem- it is only this original email account that will not connect. Please help if you can!
Loren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-connect-to-email-account.911236/
Relevancy 83.85%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 81.7%

Windows Mail app push email notification for Outlook account stopped working yesterday it was working for one notification particular push Mail working email stopped for app only Microsoft account year I haven't changed anything Note it stopped working on two different devices at the same time The only way to get new email messages is manual synchronization by the Sync button now No error messages in Event log I also tried to reinstall all three apps no change Note that calendar push notifications still works on both devices I believe it is a server issue because TcpView now reports livecomm exe process connection to dub -m hotmail com server on both Mail app email push notification stopped working for particular Microsoft account only devices affected while it was something like snt -m hotmail com I don't remember the number exactly before when it had worked It seems to Mail app email push notification stopped working for particular Microsoft account only be my Microsoft account specific issue because Mail app email push notification stopped working for particular Microsoft account only notifications on other Microsoft account where Mail Calendar and People apps are connected to col -m hotmail com server still works Short summary My MS account until Jan - connection to snt -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization workedMy MS account from Jan - connection to dub -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization does not workOther MS account - connection to col -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization still work I used Fiddler debugging proxy to capture communication between the livecomm exe process and Microsoft dub -m hotmail com server It has confirmed that new email notification does not arrive from the server while the calendar event updates does EDIT please see my update to the issue Feb Thanks for any help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/31493793-3f1a-4704-8d7b-7b7bc1445111/mail-app-email-push-notification-stopped-working-for-particular-microsoft-account-only?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 81.27%

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

A:Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have just purchased a new HP laptop. Vista Home premium installed.

Uninstalled trial version of office 2007 and installed office 2003 professional.

Outlook will not stay open. Within seconds says "Microsoft office outlook has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop". I ahve unistalled it and reistalled. I runa repair. All other applications seem to open and work fine.

Initially had MAPI32 error which I found info on and that error message stopped.

Now unable to even open it. Haven't even been able to use it. Any help???

This is what it says:

Product
Microsoft Outlook
Problem
Stopped working
Date
10/06/2009 2:50 PM
Status
Solution Available
Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 10.0.2627.1
Application Timestamp: 3aa6030d
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Extra information about the problem
LCID: 1033
Bucket ID: 297974697

A:MS Outlook 2003 stopped working. APPCRASH.

search for mapi32.dll files and rename them.
repair office 2003
reboot the comp and then try to open outlook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-outlook-2003-stopped-working-appcrash.835663/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi have searched for a solution but came up blank So any help will be greatly appreciated

When I plug my PDA into it's cradle and try to synchronise it It asks for my exchange server Password. Problem is I've never had an exchange server account in my life and Active sync was working fine until yesterday.

Second problem is when I try to start outlook2003 it tells me extend.dat failed to initilise. then a second message appears which tells me I don't have permission to access my email folders. once I click on this message Outlook closes down.

The only thing that I can think of is that Automatic update just downloaded a windows fix for several office apps including Outlook 2003.

Anyone got any suggestions or heard of this problem before.

Oh PDA is an HP ipaq6915 running windows mobile 5 and the pc is running windows xp ver5.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-active-sync-stopped-working.571812/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

Pop3 Email account set up but not seen.....How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up?

I did a quick set up on a pop3 mail account in WIN 10. It is nowhere to be seen and only the blue colored Accounts screen is visible. I can set up more email accounts but can't use them. ?? If I try to set up the email account again (quick or manually) I get "account already exists". I'm stuck at the main blue colored set up screen. Since the email app won't actually load I can not get to the account settings to modify or delete the mail account to start over with a new setup. Anybody seen this before? How do I get past the big blue Accounts screen to use email that I set up? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/56836-pop3-email-account-not-shown-after-quick-setup.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello Here is my setup I have SBS with exchange on the 2003 sending pop3 via exchange instead of Outlook server Each user has Outlook setup with the following settings user pop Outlook 2003 sending via exchange instead of pop3 account on server that is external to our network all emails should go here set as default account exchange account on local sbs server The email store is set to a local pst file Right now I am only using exchange to share contacts among the company and I do not actually wish that it is used for any email purposes My problem is this - new emails will by default be sent though the pop server what I want - some not all emails that a user tries to reply to or forward try to send through the exchange server need to fix this I have been unable to find an exact occurance pattern No emails should ever be processed by the Exchange server and no Internet users should be able to send to our Exchange server hence no email should be coming in though the exchange mailbox So on these emails in the message window of outlook it will say quot This message will be sent using Microsoft Exchange Server quot and will be set on the accounts drop down When the user actually sends the email they will get a message back from quot System Administrator quot saying Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients Subject lt email subject gt Sent lt email date amp time gt The following recipient s could not be reached lt email to address gt on lt email date amp time gt The e-mail address could not be found Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization or there was a mistake in the address Check the address and try again lt MYSBS SERVERNAME MYDOMAIN local smtp lt email protected gt Domain of sender address email protected does not exist gt The smtp status code my differ but the message format is the same I have spent hours searching for an answer any help is appreciated Thanks -- Adam Gordon email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sending-via-exchange-instead-of-pop3.205591/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey Everyone,

Heres the problem, I have a manager with six POP3 mail accounts, three of which are shared with two other users on the network. These accounts leave emails on the server for up to 14 days so that the three users can download all of the emails.

Two of the three users are having issues where they are redownloading all the messages left on the server, as far as 14 days back and somtimes even up to a year!!!. Through my searches I have found that SP1 for MSO2K3 is suppose to fix this issue.

Both users having these issues already have this update installed and the problem persists.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what is going on here?

All machines involved are running Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-multiple-pop3-problems.318027/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all

I haven't discovered a way yet of switching a POP3 account to IMAP without deleting and re-defining the email account in Outlook 2010.

IMAP is a better way if you access the same email account from multiple machines. If the account was originally defined with POP3 there doesn't seem any mechanism to change it to IMAP without deleting and re-creating the entire account.

This means backing up and restoring all the messages, address books etc before doing this -- a bit of a pain if you have to do this for 50 - 100 users and their email accounts.

Any quick fix or have I missed something.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Outlook 2010 cannot change POP3 account to IMAP

You haven't missed anything, as far as I know there is no way to change pop to imap.

A bit of a warning though, in the past when I have switched users from pop to imap and I added the additional IMAP account then moved the stuff from the pop account folders to the IMAP, sometimes email etc just disappears completely despite saying it had copied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/75818-outlook-2010-cannot-change-pop3-account-imap.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My live.com email stopped working with my Windows Phone, and Outlook 2007 on Desktop
Both stopped Sat AM 10/29
I can still sign into Outlook.com and newer emails are there, but why did it stop loading into my other devices?

Windows 10 Home 1607 14393.351

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/68848-live-com-email-stopped-working-both-windows-phone-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

This is with reference to http techguy org I am experiencing the exact same symptoms on my Inspiron as described by Max on this thread - Climbs PF Usage indefinitely XP PF usage continues to go up to - GB on my GB RAM system even after I have exited all programs cleared browser cache hibernated XP PF Usage Climbs indefinitely woken-up applications minimal processes with selective MSConfig startup This problem surfaced coinciding with two malwares Exploit Java CVE- - JD Trojan Java Selace AA Interestingly Norton Security Suite could not detect these but MS OneCare scanner did but could not remove However the MS Security Essentials was able to get rid of both these But the PF problem did not go away Even after I reformatted my C and reinstalled XP SP using the Dell recovery disk it still continues to climb up Could this be a hardware issue I ve never had this problem before - through years of usage of this Inspiron I d appreciate all advice here Thanks UA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pf-usage-climbs-indefinitely.970131/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have several years of old Pop3 emails, and mostly in sub folders to Personal Folder, and a large in-box. I wanted to move these all to a web based email, even if it means to my same Comcast account (but would prefer to a new G Mail acct). I want to do this just to keep them available, even if in an offline mode, for reference. Is there a way to do this ? I am on Win XP, and also thinking of going to Linux if this is possible in that OS.

Thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

I've been using Outlook 2003 with the Yahoo Mail account set up on it for several years now with no issues. For the last two or three days, it keeps asking for my log in information and won't connect. Anyone else having an issue with Yahoo Mail's pop3 server?

A:Yahoo Mail pop3 problems with Outlook 2003

I read yesterday that Yahoo Mail has been down but I don't know if it has been restored. Maybe someone else knows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394427/yahoo-mail-pop3-problems-with-outlook-2003/
Relevancy 76.11%

I received a new desktop PC for Christmas. I am using Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client. I have installed the entire 2003 Office suite and have set up outlook to receive e-mail. I have a large volume of mail on the Yahoomail POP3 server and when I start the download to my new computer about half of the e-mail is sent then I get an error message saying the POP3 server suffered an interruption. When I start the download again it starts back at message 1 from the server. The setting on outlook are correct because the download starts just fine. Any thoughts on what the problem from the server to my computer might be? My wife uses the same program and setup on her laptop running Windows XP Pro and does not have any issues downloading from Yahoo. Thanks for any help you might give.

Relevancy 76.11%

For over a week now I have not been able to down mail from Yahoo to Outlook I get the following error Task 'p k yahoo com - Receiving' reported error x CCC F 'The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider ISP ' I can successfully test account settings and send email However repairing POP3 not receive Can email in Outlook the account will not automatically retrieve yahoo account settings This happened on both my laptop and my desktop at the same time I am running only Windows defender on the Desktop and McAfee on the Laptop I have done the following things to resolve this issue Clean Boot Start Outlook in Safe mode Temporally disable all firewalls and virus scanning Run scanpst on pst files About one day after I stopped receiving mail I received this email From YAH mailto m aol com Sent Thursday May AM To p k yahoo com Subject Security Protocol Dear Account Users Some unusual activities have been detected due to security protocol You have reach the storage limit and cannot send or receive new message until you verify your mail box ACCOUNT VERIFICATION Your mailbox will not be affected and you will keep all your old contact folders and message Thanks Yahoo Team So how did these folks know that I could not receive email Do you have any suggestions how I can restore my ability to receive Yahoo mail by POP IMAP works Can not receive POP3 email in Outlook fine McAfee Windows defender and Bitdefender full scans report nothing

A:Can not receive POP3 email in Outlook

i have edited and removed your email address

you have reached your storage limit on the server
and thats a generic email sent , since you have reached this storage limit, yahoo automatically send out an email and also they stop you sending or receiving email

start with the "trash"/"bin"

IMAP will still connect and synchronise with the server
POP will not download anymore emails - as you will not be receiving them - because of the storage limit being reached on the server

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/can-not-receive-pop3-email-in-outlook-1000674.html
Relevancy 76.11%

my outbox on many machines will not empy (send) out of outlook. All versions on my mail server. The server recognizes the user/pass but will not send the mail. Some times it says the tcp/ip connection was stopped by the server. I can still recieve emails. All this started happening out of the blue. ALL server addresses are correct and settings corect on the nodes.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop account and I imap how 2010: Outlook new disable to account, pop3? old created can't Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3? find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account inactive in Outlook Also I don't want to get messages into two different folders Is there a way to disable the old pop account without removing it I have tried deleting the password so it won't send receive from that account but all I get is the constant quot enter password quot box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs I'd appreciate any advice users can offer Thanks in advance Jo PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win Home Premium and Outlook as in the subject line

A:Outlook 2010: created new imap account, how to disable old pop3?

Quote: Originally Posted by boppy2010

Hi guys, as I am using both a laptop and tablet to check email I have set up both devices with imap accounts.

The issue is that I don't want to lose all my old folders and email from the old pop3 account and I can't find a way to move or copy them to the newly created account on my laptop so I'd like to leave the old account, inactive, in Outlook.

Also, I don't want to get messages into two different folders.

Is there a way to disable the old pop3 account without removing it?

I have tried deleting the password so it won't send/receive from that account but all I get is the constant "enter password" box which is naturally not an ideal state of affairs.

I'd appreciate any advice users can offer.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

PS it probably isn't relevant but FYI the tablet is a Motorola Xoom Android and the laptop is an Asus running Win 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2010 as in the subject line.

you can simply move the emails of your pop account by going to "edit" on the top left corner and "select all" you'll see that all your emails are selected, then right click and select "move to folder" and move it to your IMAP mails location. and doing this may allow you to remove the pop3 account.

either way, let us know what you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/207640-outlook-2010-created-new-imap-account-how-disable-old-pop3.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello Usage Indefinitely Windows PF XP Climbs I have been having a problem for quite some time and can t seem to be able to figure out what is causing it My Dell Inspiron Laptop had crashed which forced me to do a format and re installation of the OS This issue has been there right from the reinstall which makes it even more Windows XP PF Usage Climbs Indefinitely strange as few rd party applications were loaded at that time I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP When I boot up my computer and check the task manager the PF usage is at about - MB and continues to climb until it is at - GB which is when I start getting VM warnings and have no choice but to shutdown the computer and start again Another problem is that I cannot properly shutdown the computer well it takes about - minutes for the PC to gracefully shutdown usually I need to force it I presume this issue has something to do with that I set my registry not to clear the page file at shutdown but this did not help I don t have APM Advanced Power Management Below is what I have already done to try and resolve the problem but have not had much in the way of luck Deleted the page file and reset it to system managed size Also created user set min max values Looking at the TaskManager no VM or MEM draining programs seem to be running All seems normal Since this problem had started soon after a format reinstall there was no need to remove rd party applications since there were very few Ran chkdsk r f page file defrag system defrag cleanup registry clean malware and anti-virus scans I also followed some instructions from MS KB which said to update the drivers and change the power options on them did all that but no luck Cleared items form MSCONFIG s Startup and Services I am sure someone is going to tell me to format and reinstall again but the reason why I think there has to be some way to fix this is because I do not seem to have any problems when booting in safe mode the page file usage does not seem to climb the same way and the system will shutdown restart normally If anyone has some insight guidance or suggestions that they would be willing to share it would be very much appreciated I do not expect a magic solution Thank you in advance Regards Max nbsp

A:Windows XP PF Usage Climbs Indefinitely

The PF in TaskManager is really Commit Charge NOT Page File usage.

So, if this number continues to get larger, one of your active apps is continuing to allocate more and more memory.

From TaskManager, Processes tab, click on the column header VM Size to sort the Virtual memory allocation in descending sequence.

Now, what app is at the top.

BTW this symptom is frequently seen with a Malware infection. Have you done a recent scan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pf-usage-climbs-indefinitely.838279/
Relevancy 75.25%

When sending internal mail and default is the exchange server it works fine. But if you are sending an internet mail it trys to go thru the exchange server also. If you list internet mail as default it does not send exchange mail. How do I make it start with one service and if it does not go to automatically use the other service.

Relevancy 73.53%

I use Outlook for all my email requirements One BTinternet com email address One Outlook com email address Previously had above two email accounts sending and receiving from the same PST file each using POP Wanted to change the Outlook com to IMAP with my understanding being that this would then sync both ways with the web-mail for Outlook com Deleted the old POP account settings for the Outlook com email address and then went through the process of setting up again using the automatic configuration rather than the quot manually configure quot 2016 Outlook POP3 accounts email and Server Exchange - thinking this would automatically use IMAP Left settings unchanged for the POP BTinternet com email address To my surprise the Outlook com email address was not setup as an IMAP but as an Exchange Server Initially thought this would be ok as this would also Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts sync both ways with web-mail Soon discovered however that any email coming in to my still remaining BTinternet POP email address was also arriving into the Outlook com Inbox Why is this happening and what do I have to do to still keep the POP email Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts separate from the Exchange Server email each using their own Inbox Both Inbox's are listed in the left hand panel Outlook 2016 - Exchange Server and POP3 email accounts of Outlook Any help much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/57561-outlook-2016-exchange-server-pop3-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hijack log below Two weeks ago my Quark stopped working - it will start and Virus?? Quark stopped usage-memory - cpu working high usage ? 7 come up Quark 7 stopped working - high cpu usage-memory usage ? Virus?? with the splash screen but then will not go any further - a list of processes shows it s running at cpu usage and memory usage I have tried uninstalling reinstalling and have ran Quark 7 stopped working - high cpu usage-memory usage ? Virus?? Norton s Antivirus Spybot Search and Destroy and CCleaner to no avail I have attached my HiJack log below The main programs that I use daily and yes Quark is one of them are the following Adobe Photoshop CS ACDSee Outlook express Quark Internet Explorer Dreamweaver Thank you for taking the time - I m pretty frustrated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Allume StuffIt MXTask exe C PROGRA Allume StuffIt mxtask exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files ACD Systems ACDSee ACDSee exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Documents and Settings Missi Desktop spyware removal hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Ac... Read more

A:Quark 7 stopped working - high cpu usage-memory usage ? Virus??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quark-7-stopped-working-high-cpu-usage-memory-usage-virus.761297/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a Dell laptop running Windows Pro It was originally a home-only PC but it now gets used at work on a domain I am running Outlook and POP3 with Exchange emails working Outlook originally just for POP private email At work we have Microsoft Exchange Server and Outlook now picks up both sets of email and they both seem to run OK side by side within the same version of Outlook The issue I Outlook working with Exchange and POP3 emails have is that the POP emails are private and Exchange emails are work This arrangement seemed Outlook working with Exchange and POP3 emails fine and I assumed they would remain separate That is until I setup my new smartphone to download Exchange work emails This worked fine and downloaded work Exchange emails but it also downloaded my private POP emails which leads me to think that actually ALL my emails are now sat on the work server This can't be allowed to happen Would really appreciate some input on whether this assumption is correct If it is is there a way to separate them out in the same version of Outlook and also where on the server will copies of my private be kept as I'd like to remove them

A:Outlook working with Exchange and POP3 emails

Perhaps this will help: Not all email is created equal: an introduction to POP3, IMAP4 and MAPI | mail2web.com Blog (More links are at the bottom of that page.)

Just because you change the method of access doesn't change the location of emails which are on the server of the email service providers (the server names on the account tab of the properties for each email account). If you have been keeping work and personal email separate, they were separate because the email service providers are different. For example, it's possibe for someone to have 10 separate email accounts with 10 different email service providers located in 10 different states or countries. That person would then install 10 accounts in their one Outlook program, or if they have 2 devices, then install the accounts on either or both devices. Just be careful to use the appropriate type of service (pop3, smtp, imap, or mapi) depending on the features you want for each account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/151123-outlook-working-exchange-pop3-emails.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I originally posted this question on November in the Email section and in spite 2003 used Outlook 2003 email for Word as editor of many views there were no replies That is when I thought I might be going about asking the question the wrong way Windows XP - SP Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook I use Word as my email editor for Outlook Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003 I had had a problem or two awhile back and I used the Detect and Repair Function that comes with Outlook Problems cleared up HOWEVER I got a new and IMHO worse problem my emails that are advertisements like Newegg TigerDirect Overstock etc are fine but anything else that is actually text that is sent to me comes in very very small and I can not find a way to change it I have looked everywhere in Outlook Microsoft online and Google Sample attached I can t find it and it is driving me crazy If anyone could help I d sincerely appreciate it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Word 2003 used as email editor for Outlook 2003

Hi and welcome to TSG.

From the main Outlook Mail screen, try ...

Tools ->
Options ->
Mail Format Tab ->
"Fonts ..." button in Stationery and Fonts section ->
"Choose Font ..." button under "When composing and reading plain text"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-used-as-email-editor-for-outlook-2003.961599/
Relevancy 67.08%

This appears to be a common problem, with many solutions, though I have yet to find one that works for me. When using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 set to be the email editor, Word opens and works fine to CREATE a new email. However, when trying to REPLY TO or FORWARD an email, I get the error message "Microsoft Word is set to be your email editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead...," and when I click OK to that message the native Outlook email editor opens. Word 2003 worked fine with Outlook 2003 replying to or forwarding emails till this morning, but the behavior described above now applies. The OS, by the way, is Windows 10. I have tried to both "repair" and "reinstall" the 2003 Office 2003 suite, both to no avail. Would appreciate a much needed solution to this puzzle.

Relevancy 66.65%

I will be out of my office for several weeks and although I will be able to leave Outlook running most of the time, I won't be able to access email, so I want to use an out of office message. However, I have never tried this using pop3 email and I can't figure out how to do this. I have looked at help inside of Outlook, but I can't seem to save my message as an Outlook template.

If anyone could set me up with some instructions I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Delta

Relevancy 65.79%

I accidentally deleted an Email account in Outlook 2003. All my emails disappeared along with it. How can i restore the emails? I no longer have access to the Gmail account that it worked through.

A:Oulook 2003 Email Account Deleted

Hi garrygy

It sounds like your Gmail account was created as an IMAP account. IMAP accounts mirror the servers, they do not actually download the messages onto your hard drive.
If you no longer have access to the email account, the only other course of action I can suggest would be to contact Gmail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oulook-2003-email-account-deleted.951333/
Relevancy 64.93%

I had a Windows XP corruption to my system folder wherein I had to reinstall my operating system and "wipe out" my harddrive.

I have my entire "old" harddrive with all settings, files, etc. on it, and now my computer is up and running with Windows Vista Business.

I have successfully added my old PST file to the new OS and it works, however how can I get my Outlook 2003 rules, email accounts, etc? I'm not able to "export" as I cannot run the old Outlook program?...

Are these files located somewhere that I can manually add them (replace, whatever) to the new Vista OS/hard drive?

Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-rules-email-accts-settings-from-outlook-2003-to-outlook-07.638548/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that has two hard drives. One contains Outlook email that used to be on MS Exchange. This account is not currently active. The other is my day to day hard drive with an active Outlook account. Both OS'es are Windows XP.

How can I copy an email that is on the old MS Exchange Outlook account to my current active Outlook account?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Copy an Outlook email to another Outlook account

File > Save.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-an-outlook-email-to-another-outlook-account.892114/
Relevancy 64.93%

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.

A:Can't set up new Outlook 2003 account

conbak2 said:

Outlook 2003 keeps popping up a message to enter my password when I have already entered my password. I can't clear this even when I uninstall Office and re-install it.Click to expand...
so it keeps asking you for your password? check your user name and make sure its correct. I had this happen and it only put my user name, not my email address. so maybe you need to enter your email addy, and the password to that email addy, then click "save this password" check box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-up-new-outlook-2003-account.577941/
Relevancy 64.5%

For what appears to be no apparent reason, Outlook 2003 will no longer resize. It will appear as full screen or minimize to the try, nothing in between. Every time I click the resize button, the program minimizes to the taskbar. Clicking on the taskbar icon will not restore it. When I right click on the tray icon and select maximize, Outlook maximizes. If anyone knows of a solution, it would be appreciated.

A:Outlook 2003 Stopped Resizing

It may have been moved off the screen, either left, right, or bottom. But, it should automatically put it's self back on screen when restarted, at least my outlook 2003 does.
Some things to try:
1. Close Outlook
Make sure you haven't accidently enabled a dual display. Right click the desktop and choose properties. Click the settings tab. If your system is capable of using 2 displays, you'll see 2 icons labeled 1 and 2 in a box titled "Drag the monitor icons to match the physical arrangement of your monitors". (if you don't see this, skip to #2). Click the #2 and make sure Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor is unchecked. Click OK
start Outlook and test

If your taskbar is set to autohide, turn that off -- right click taskbar, click properties, uncheck AutoHide, click ok
Unlock taskbar if it is locked -- right click taskbar, click Lock the Taskbar if it is checked
Maximize the Outlook window
Drag the top edge of the taskbar up to make it taller, this should force Outlook to redefine it's window.
Click the restore down(resize) button. Outlook should hopefully be on screen now

reset your taskbar as you like.

If the above doesn't work, the registry key that stores the window position may be corrupt. Deleting it should fix the problem.

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system.

With that said, here's how to delete the key
Close Outlook
Click start | run
Enter regedit in the box and click ok/press enter
navigate to

Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Office Explorer
NB: If you have a version different than 2003, the 11.0 will be different, e.g. OL2000 will be 9.0
First let's save the key before we delete it, so we can put if back if needed:
Right click on the Office Explorer folder in the left pane and choose export, name it OLFrame and save it on your desktop
once the folder has been saved, in the right pane should be 2 values, Frame and Namespaces. Left click on frame to highlight it then press delete. Click Yes on the Confirm Value Delete dialog
close the registry editor

Restart Outlook and test. Once everything is working right, you can delete the OLFrame.reg file we saved on the desktop.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-stopped-resizing.650015/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi-- I have been using Outlook since when I was teaching it Can t teach any more but I enjoy the program This started out to be a partial sending outlook stopped 2003 problem but it outlook 2003 stopped sending is total now When I first got the computer I loaded MS OFFice --first time I installed this new program Email would leave just fine then less and less items left the outbox--and only after resending those outlook 2003 stopped sending messages several times One time a message went out times another time it was received a day after it was sent--to another cable company so it should have arrived there in minutes Here is what I have tried--any ideas will be appreciated I checked having norton internet security turned off and on as well as AVG off and on which I was using before Norton while on wireless in Israel on vacation for a week I used Norton to analyze my program on their site and it says there is no problem I can t find anything in the Norton knowledge base I Checked my PC with adaware search and destroy I did office repair from the outlook menu I took messages out of email outbox and tried new message SENDING IT IMMEDIATELY--nothing will leave Comcast says the problem is on my end I lengthened the time that a message has to be sent--to the max since a comcast agent suggested that my time might be too short No defrag scandisk errors I have all updates including norton and the other programs are working properly This is a Qosmio laptop I bought in February This is the only computer on my cable access line--not using wireless I have mail set to leave when i choose--not automatically so I can be sure a message is complete before I send it I have looked at the previous messages on your site and checked those ms pages mentioned in other advice There are not problems with opened and edited mail that is in the outbox as some people have--I know to resend it then There was an error message one of the last times I tried to check the error tab in the send receive window but now I can t get the program to display the details--the error tab --to read that number warning Even when I wait days to get or more messages so the window would stay open longer the error tab won t display I listed this problem on the MS service forum but no one has responded--I hoped some MS employees might have looked at it in the last few weeks I did have to remove a program called game drive and cds loaded through it for storing CDs on the hard drive for faster access time when I was checking other programs for conflicts I have the acrobat PDF program snag it works and quicken--came free but not used toshiba stuff a program to download my olympus digital sound files and an epson all in one printer and navsoft bible program--which causes no problem on my win xp pro office computer Here is why I don t want to reinstall--- I had exported email contacts to this computer from my old pc--XP pro Office in pst files In Office the contacts came through fine but the email only transmitted headers and the first words of the message I tried using Excel and comma separated windows file formats too but they were worse or the same HOW CAN I PAUSE THE SEND RECEIVE DETAIL WINDOW TO SEE THE ERROR MESSAGE NUMBER THIS TAB OF THE WINDOW REMAINS BLANK WHEN IT STAYS OPEN LONG ENOUGH TO SEE IT Any other ideas Thanks so much Libby nbsp

A:outlook 2003 stopped sending

I would be tempted to post a hijackthis log and see if someone can spot a problem in there??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-stopped-sending.355349/
Relevancy 64.5%

How do you retreive, delete, uninstall or change an unknown email password in Microsoft Office 2003.I have tried all I know, so please help!Thanks!Bernie

A:Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

You would have to obtain the correct password from your email provider.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-unknown-password-in-office-2003-email-account-600514.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a problem with Outlook using my processor in big surges. I have a new Dell Inspiron 9400 with XP Pro. I have a firewall, Spyware Doctor, Registry mechanic, McAfee and have run them all to check for viruses and spyware. I also downloaded AdwareAlert. Technical support from Dell said it must be a virus. I can't get an answer from Microsoft unless I pay them. They say it is Dell's responsibility. I am stumped. I only have the problem when Outlook is running. Anyone else had this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-causing-cpu-usage-surges.551966/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a problem with Outlook using my processor in big surges. I have a new Dell Inspiron 9400 with XP Pro. I have a firewall, Spyware Doctor, Registry mechanic, McAfee and have run them all to check for viruses and spyware. I also downloaded AdwareAlert. Technical support from Dell said it must be a virus. I can't get an answer from Microsoft unless I pay them. They say it is Dell's responsibility. I am stumped. I only have the problem when Outlook is running. Anyone else had this problem?

A:Outlook 2003 causing CPU usage surges

Yep, pretty normal if you do a Google search and see the number of hits you get on the same problem.
Go to TASK MANAGER and just observe how much CPU and Memory that Outlook uses.
As a matter of fact, Outlook usually starts up with about 15 MB RAM memory but over a few hours can get as high as 160 MB - why it does this nobody knows!
I just shut mine down and only use it when I need it - not the answer you are after but as I said a common Google poroblem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-causing-cpu-usage-surges.552014/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to set up a Hotmail account in Outlook 2003 version using a lap top computer with Windows 7 operating system. I have set up other types of accounts but I just need to know what settings to use.

A:Set up Hotmail account in Outlook 2003

Closing duplicate thread, one thread per issue please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/set-up-hotmail-account-in-outlook-2003.1092920/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi, I have set two email accounts in Outlook 2003, and configured them (i made rules) so that there are two email account folders, and the email for account A goes into the INBOX under A and B goes into B. However, I have not been able to get them to do the same for the other folders (like OUTBOX, DRAFTS, SENT ITEMS, etc). Is there any way to do that?

Relevancy 64.07%

I am in the process of transferring an account from one computer to another, both have outlook 2003 on them. When I try to access the new computer with it, it tries to connect to an exchange 2003 server. It doesn't allow me to open up the program unless it has a connection, and it is asking for office.ost on the new computer. I tried locating the file on the other computer and it is not in the same location. The computers are linked up to login to a server where their my documents folder is located. Is there a way to transfer from one outlook 2003 to another on 2 different computers?

Also, both computers are xp highest service pack on them, and the server they are connecting to is a microsoft server 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfering-outlook-2003-account.870718/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi frnds
my outlook 2003 has stopped responding, my .pst file has reached a quota of 1.7 Gb but i think its limit is 2Gb. However kindly assist to archive .pst and make my outlok work again!!

thanks
X!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-stopped-responding-pst-file-1-7gb.690682/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP SP3. For a long time it was just great, but now it's weird. I have four different signatures to be attached to four different email accounts. One day it just stopped assigning the right sig to the right email account. It defaulted to my personal signature. I've edited all the signatures several times and still the same thing. I've deleted all the signatures, added them back manually and still the signature defaults to the first one. It's really a hassle editing my sig for every email. Any ideas? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-stopped-adding-sigs.935991/
Relevancy 63.21%

What are the pro's/con's of converting my offline email account to an online account? It seems like I tried this once before when I received a new smartphone but it caused lots of issues with duplicated calendar and contact entries or something of the sort. I work in the field and therefore don't always have connectivity. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-offline-vs-online-account.846149/
Relevancy 63.21%

I work at a Account Outlook Multiple Access 2003 company employees and on one of our XP machines we run Microsoft Outlook We used to have it setup so when you started Outlook it prompted for a Username and Password and anyone could use their Exchange login to access their email After we reformatted the computer I can no longer get this to work It only lets me log on to a specific exchange account that I have setup in in the quot Email Account quot settings It still prompts for a username and password but only the account that is set up logs in It rejects any other login All of us work off the same server and the same Domain and it was extremely convenient that anyone could log on to their email from this machine How can i get this functionality back Is there a setting I am missing Essentially I want to be able to access any account on our internal exchange server one at a time not simultaneously without setting up each account individually Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-multiple-account-access.1065443/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

In Oulook 2003, I have multiple mail accounts, but sometimes I want to "freeze" a certain account and put it on hold. I don't want to delete it, just to make sure that Outlook does not check that account now (because all my mailing lists go to that account and I don't want to have to download 1B messages after vacation, only what's important to me at that time). Is that possible? how?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ms-outlook-2003-putting-an-account-on-hold-83557.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello,

I have noticed that when I boot my machine it takes longer than usual and my CPU Usage is always 100%. Also my Anti-Virus (re-installed several times) and XP Security Centre have stopped working.

I have used tools such as regcure and super spyware buster to clean what they could but I am still having problems.

What other information do you need from me to help diagnose the problem?

Regards

Lee

A:CPU Usage 100%, Anti-Virus and XP Security Centre stopped working

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/cpu-usage-100-anti-virus-and-xp-security-centre-stopped-working-360226.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an expense report that has an IF formula that has stopped working on one particular sheet. It works fine on all the previous months before, but when I copied the latest sheet, the formula will not calculate. If I do an auto-sum, or any other calculation, that will work fine, but as soon as I plug in the formula, it does not calculate. I have reformatted the cells, checked the Auto Calculate feature, tried copying to another new sheet, and even tried plugging the formula into various cells, and it still will not work.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Excel 2003 Formula Stopped Working

can we see the IF statement and an example spreadsheet without real data

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2003-formula-stopped-working.935649/
Relevancy 63.21%

OK... well I thought I had it covered but.... I copied the pst file from 2003 and tried to open in 2007. I recently read somewhere that you have to copy the pst when Outlook is closed. I did not close Outlook and copied the file while Outlook was open. Anyway to rescue these Emails? The old drive is toast so I can't do that. The pst file is 79mg so I suspect the info is there. Any thoughts? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-outlook-2007.941577/
Relevancy 63.21%

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

Relevancy 62.78%

So, today, I signed into one of my gmail accounts and attempted to attach something, but the attachment function (the paperclip) would not do anything. I immediately started to research the issue and have yet to find a similar scenario as my issue. I signed out of that account, then signed into another gmail account. When I clicked the attachment function, it promptly opened the window to attach a file. I don't know how to fix this issue for my one account. Can someone please help me?I use Firefox (and ABP within it) and have never had any issues before with gmail.

A:Attachment function for one gmail account stopped working

After more research, I have found temporary workarounds via google forums. Additionally, the paperclip call is now working again. I guess it was a gmail issue (affecting Firefox.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543663/attachment-function-for-one-gmail-account-stopped-working/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue in Outlook We are using Exchange and Outlook A user here has a non person account added to their mailbox This npa is used to store contracts and other emails Several members of a team have access to this npa The user has created subfolders within the npa If the user right click s a subfolder and selects copy XXXX where XXXX is the folder name an error appears quot Cannot copy this folder because it may folder Cannot 2003 in person non a account a Copy Outlook in contain private items quot The user has owner permissions to the npa and all sub folders I looked through all the folders Cannot Copy a folder in a non person account in Outlook 2003 and could not find any private items One folder was actually empty so I tried copying it and the same error appeared I logged the user out of Outlook and had him log directly onto the npa It could then copy folders fine Logged him back into his mail account which has the npa added to it and the same error occured Maybe this problem is by design I don t know I have exchange admin rights and so I added the mailbox to my Outlook mailbox but got the exact same problem Does anyone have any suggestions for me Regards Pileyrei nbsp

A:Cannot Copy a folder in a non person account in Outlook 2003

Bump!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-copy-a-folder-in-a-non-person-account-in-outlook-2003.250116/
Relevancy 62.78%

If I try to change the settings of an existing IMAP email account, or to click on "More settings", I get the error message: "The requested operation failed"

That's the case with all my IMAP accounts, but not with POP accounts. The problem is still there after a reboot.

This is with Vista. I never had this problem with XP. Have you experienced that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-change-imap-account-settings.603138/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Had another thread and couldnt find a solution to my problem However in the course of working through potential solutions I discovered the larger problem The Date function stopped working in my access database It was working before which means the refrences are good but now if I use it in a form field in some fashion i return an error if i set it as a default value in a table the table errors out when I attempt to save etc Did research for a day on the net and found this problem wasn t a figment of my imagination or unique to me I found posts on help forums dating back Stopped () In working?!? 2003 Access Solved: Date to describing how quot Date just stopped working quot but in every case the response was always quot Check Your Refrences quot which never actually solved the posters issues see my earlier statment about the refrences and then you get the crickets P S Solved: Date () Stopped working?!? In Access 2003 While researching the issue I ran accross a string of posts where several folks tryied to help someone on the TGS forums with a similar issue In both cases the Now function continues to work but Date doesnt In that case it was solved because the user could accept the functionality of Now as it records the time in Solved: Date () Stopped working?!? In Access 2003 the table cell So I m hoping for better luck Anyone run accross this or a solution on how to restore the functionality of the Date function This has been really frustrating Specifically I am trying to use it as a defualt value in a form for my database The Now function works just fine in the same capacity but makes the database all but useless in practical application So its Date or nothin nbsp

A:Solved: Date () Stopped working?!? In Access 2003

So I solved my own problem here. So if anyone runs into this themselves or if your just plain curious here is the problem.

It has to do with a versioning issue and installations of Access 2003. So if you create access 2003 on Machine A and then move it via whateve method to Machine B you can run into problems. If Machine A has any slightly different installation issues with the Refrences your hosed. Now why this only effects some code commands like Date() and Term() but not Now() you will have to find someone a whole lot somarter than me.

The simple solution is simply open up refrences and deselect any refrence that has the tag "MISSING" in front of it. Once this is done the missing refrences will not cause these code commands to error out and Date() or Term() should work fine.

P.S. Oh and once this issue was solved the Default Value in properties solved my previous issue with Data Entry causeing Date() to stop working. The versioning on access and the refrences can cause a cascading failure so the problem gets worse and worse over time. Case in point Date () works in all but a certain instance and moves to a state where it doesnt work in any instance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-date-stopped-working-in-access-2003.902222/
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows XP + Office 2003. In Word, the Find and Replace function just stopped functioning. It goes through the motions, but reports "Word has finished searching the document. The search item was not found." --no matter what the search item was, and even if it occurs a gazillion times in the doc.

Below the window where you enter the search item, it says: "Format: Right." I have no clue what this means (opposite of Format: Left? of Format: Wrong?) or how to change it if it should be changed.

I thought the problem might be a disabled service, but I can't find any candidates in the list of services.

So I need help.

Stephen

A:MS Word 2003 Find & Replace stopped working

You may have inadvertently selected some formatting. Click on "More" (with a little arrow beside it) to expand the box and then at the bottom right click on "No Formatting".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2003-find-replace-stopped-working.954799/
Relevancy 62.35%

We have both a dell computer desktop and a surface pro 3 both with windows 10 OS. In the last couple of days(Dec 12) they were both updated from Microsoft.  After the update, THE KEYBOARD FUNCTION on ONE of the user accounts
(with administrative) privileges does not work on BOTH THE DESKTOP AND THE SURFACE PRO 3. However, on a SECOND USER account both keyboards DO WORK. No settings were changed by either user. Please reply.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8299b050-b10f-4208-a178-ddb1806dc0c3/keyboard-stopped-working-for-only-one-user-account-after-windows-10-last-update?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 62.35%

Several XBOX apps were working fine until Since access stopped and app account in XBOX fail Apps working then I XBOX Apps stopped working and in app access account fail am unable to download new XBOX Apps stopped working and in app access account fail packs Ii e jigsaws Resolved that MS Account is now logging entries into my history log as Security Challenge events from Internet Explorer The following explanation for Security Challenge is We detected an unusual sign-in attempt with the correct password This might have been you but we weren t sure for example this might have happened on a new device we didn t recognize To help protect your account we required an extra security challenge I have checked my MS account and it is not set up for Step security I seem to be unable to set my device as a Trusted Device and many of my Apps do not support additional security parameters I think the problem was triggered by Microsoft asking for verification of my account where they sent me an email with a code to be entered manually into the menu It verified but now seems to be acting as a Step verification even though I did not request that

A:XBOX Apps stopped working and in app access account fail

I have tracked the fault down to two MS System library routines that are called by the Apps, but time out due to exceptions. I can see that these routines are triggering a response in Microsoft Account, so the problem is NOT due to corruption in my PC. I am convinced now that the problem is at the MS server end. For some reason, my PC is sending the correct request with a valid LIVE_ID password, but for some reason Microsoft Account handler is demanding extra verification data which my Apps are not set up to deal with. I think this is connected to the new 2Step verification process. I cannot turn that off since MS menu shows it is not enabled, and thus the menu 'button' to turn it off is not displayed. One possible solution may be to set up myDevice as a trusted device, but again the procedure described in the help screen does not describe the options displayed on the MS menu, so I cannot do that either.

All these problems seem to be related to the Microsoft Server end, so any suggestions to re install windows or do registry scans / fixes will not work. The path to provide the extra data that MS requires does not exist in theService libraries. These files that I have so far identified are: combase.dll and windows.networking.BackgroundTransfer.dll

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/66320-xbox-apps-stopped-working-app-access-account-fail.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Just started to set up Outlook. Have entered two email addresses. Mine and my wife.
Imported addresses & folders from OE. Some folders have different names in each email address. Everything from my email folders has been duplicated under wife (she had no files) where the folders are the same name ie inbox, deleted files, etc . When a new email arrives it goes to both. When I delete, it deletes from both. Suggestions please.

A:outlook 2003 - email

Have you set up two completely different Profiles with completely different data files in Outlook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email.430011/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just starte using Outlook 2003.
I have a Yahoo and a Hotmail email account.
When I send a message to myself at either address, the email only goes to the Outbox and some time later I get messages such as:

< Task 'Yahoo - Sending' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed.
The server responded ''. ' >

What may be wrong? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for all help offered.

Amarysio

Relevancy 62.35%

HELP! changed email hosting servers so had to make changes in accounts.....now emails, and copies are going to all wrong personal folder inboxes...any suggestions? THX

Relevancy 61.92%

I would like to know how I delete a outlook email account because it has been compromised

A:Microsoft Outlook email account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, select Security & Privacy:

Select More security settings:

If prompted for password, enter it. Browse to bottom of the page, select Close my account:

Be sure to read everything on next page before clicking Next:

Follow the rest of on-screen instructions to close your account.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/69247-microsoft-outlook-email-account.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a new HP Pavilion preloaded with 8.1. I loaded Office 2013 and set up the email account. All worked well until two days ago when I realized I could not send any emails only receive. I removed the account and reinstalled the account - things only got worse. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled but that did not fix the problem. Somewhere there is a file that is has wrong information stored about the account and how to communicate with the provider but I do not know where that is, can someone help with this issue?

A:Outlook Email Account Corrupted

Close Outlook out completely and navigate to: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook (Where %username% is your username on that computer)

Delete the .pst file that is in that folder. Next time you open outlook it will have you create another profile with your email account.

Im guessing that your outlook profile is corrupt. If it is this should help resolve the issue you have.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/70390-outlook-email-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

I am a neewbie I have a systemax venture Windows XP Home Edition SP I used to have Verizon as my DSL service provided I cancelled Verizon and am now using a router that runs off of my husband s Verizon account When I open Outlook and its trying to opend send receive expired account email looking Outlook for I get the followig message Task my inbox com - Receiving reported error x CCC F The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues Outlook looking for expired email account contact your server administrator or Outlook looking for expired email account Internet service provider ISP When I try to send an email from Outlook or a Publication from Microsoft Publisher I get the following message Task my inbox com - Sending reported error x CCC Unable to send the message Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties The server responded Server access forbidden by your IP Visit http cbl abuseat org lookup cgi ip ' I went to Inbox help section and set up Inbox on pop for a while everything was okay after a week I get the message I listed above I am starting a small home business and I would like to continue sending Microsoft Publisher documents by email I need help badly remember I m a newbie and I may not get it the first time nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I inadvertently deleted my email account from outlook, and now I am unable to re-add it. I actually have both outlook 2010 and 2016 installed, but up until I deleted my email I was able to use both. Now I can't use either of them under my main email address.
I have a pop3 account with stml, from comcast. I have tried numerous times to re-add it, both in the regular way and manually to no avail. I get the error message that my requested process failed. My account is still in the pst. data section, as well as on my computer.

Help,
Tina

A:Unable to re-add my email account to outlook

Only one version of Outlook will work on your computer. This always opts for the latest version, so you need to uninstall Outlook 2010 & only use Outlook 2016.

Your .pst files should work, but you may need to point Outlook 2016 where to find those files & this can be done through Files in Outlook & then through Account settings.

Unless you have a specific need to have 2 versions of Office on your computer, you might consider uninstalling office 2010 & only using Office 2016. Only having one version works best & has less problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/398104-unable-re-add-my-email-account-outlook.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I run a small business from home and use outlook for emails. I want my wife who uses another PC to have access to the same emails through outlook but on her PC, is it possible? I answer questions whilst she handles payments / orders which all come through this one email account. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Lee1133

Relevancy 61.92%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

A:Can't add new email account to outlook 2010

Try changing your user name to something else. It's possible the user name you are using is already being used by someone else on that email server.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello. can anyone help.
I am trying to add a POP email account to Outlook 2010. I've established network connection but cannot retrieve the Outlook Test message. An error box comes & says unable to connect to the server. 550.5.7.1 message content. I have had this POP account on previous versions of Outlook 2010, & it was ok I am puzzled.
Many Thanks
Brusselsprout

A:Cannot add new email account in Outlook 2010

Without knowing more about your mail server name and such.
Have you tried to Ping your mail server? like from the run cmd prompt ping mail.xxx.xxx
I ping mail.cpcug.org to verify that the server is on-line and responding.

You could double check all the options in outlook setup email accounts to make sure that
you have spelled everything correctly, that sometimes is the problem where mispelling will
mess you up.

also the more settings options will have to be looked at to make sure that the boxes are checked correctly.

These things can get tricky if you misspell, many mail servers want your complete email address for the logon userid..

YMMV
Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/127351-cannot-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a total of 4 different email accounts, 3 I have had for some time now. The fourth one is new, and I can not for the life of me get it to work. When I add it as a new email account, it get to the part where it want's to log on to server and send a test message, I get a pop up asking me to enter my user name and password for the following server, over and over again. I have not had these issues with my other accounts, and I know the password is correct because I use the same password for all of my accounts. I have tried to add this new account numerous times to no avail. I have double checked everything in both my outlook account as well as my online comcast.net account.

Help please,
Tina

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394808-cant-add-new-email-account-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Every time I want to sync my HP iPAQ to my outlook calendar I have to reinstall Windows mobile Device Centre. Only then will it sync normally.

Has anyone else had this problem?
I wonder if there is a service that has been stopped and only reinstalling will get it to work? Its becoming a pain.

Any advice well recieved.

Ta

Calx

http://www.vistax64.com/software/247509-vista-has-stopped-syncing-outlook-2003-my-ipaq-using-windows-mobile.html
Relevancy 61.92%

For the past months I have had no trouble with the main email that email working. stopped 8.1 Windows has comes with Windows but for some reason it has stopped working this past week it will not send mail or receive emails I noticed the problem after I tried deleting old Windows 8.1 email has stopped working. emails and then they would reappear after loading the program in the delete folder there would be multiple versions of them Such as Amazon recommends emails I have tried several test emails and no luck It seems to be just that program as my Google mail works as does my student mail and the internet connection is working perfectly No settings have been altered in the mail program it has just stopped working I can use my Google mail in the meantime but a lot of business contacts or important info arrive through my main email Another curious bug that started at the same time is that Windows news will not connect either and on opening the page it instantly minimizes and won't access the site Yes it is baffling

A:Windows 8.1 email has stopped working.

try logging into your email via internet ie Hotmail.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/59739-windows-8-1-email-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all,

recently both my Firefox browser and outlook 10 stopped working, the message for the browser was 'cannot connect to the server' outlook reported that the send and receive tasks could not be completed. I next tried using IE11 with outlook, IE with Thunderbird and Firefox with Thunderbird, all without any luck.

I checked with my ISP and they see no problem. I can also use Skye with no problems. I have tried re-installing outlook and installed Thunderbird downloaded from another machine with no change and reset the system to a restore point prior to the problem starting still no joy!

My PC is a HP Pavilion model p7 1010a running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394841-browser-email-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Recently a customer of the company I work for did some upgrade to their system (not exactly sure what). The result is that when they send a mail containing a hyperlink to file on their website, the link doesn't work.
When you hover over the link you should get something like 'https//thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
However, what we actually get on Outlook 2003 is 'outbind://39-00000000C176F3FF67E6754394476777057BDCA60700071475F5FEB9AC4FABB3D7C8EE9381620000007059
EB000088DD1DB25534C84FACDD47289A5756BB000000B81C170000/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.
On mac mail it looks like this 'x-msg://24/thiscompany.com/page.do?DOCID=123456'.

The links work fine on Outlook 2010. Any idea what's happening here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2010-hyperlinks-not-working-on-outlook-2003-or-mac-mail.1061245/
Relevancy 61.49%

Can someone help me?!?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=65883

Thanks

A:pop3 account

You should stick with your original thread, not create a new one.

No more posting in here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/pop3-account-66080.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Issue Two weeks ago when I tried to install VLC internet access via IE Chrome stopped [SOLVED] existing admin Browsers except for working account accounts all and FireFox for all of my accounts except admin account stopped working Please note VLC never got successfully installed I cannot find it on my computer All browsers from my admin account continue to work Windows is not able to detect any issues with LAN connectivity in fact I see the byte count constantly changing My setup I am running windows I do not have access to windows install disc or boot CD I do not have any valid backups or restore points My LAN connection is wired not wireless I [SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account have uninstalled IE and now have Chrome and FireFox both of which also do not work on these accounts I have Norton firewall and AutoProtect always turned on So far I have done the following If I switch the account type of other accounts to administrator - they still don't work If I create a new account admin or Std browsers still don't work Ran through malwarebytes and adware I have Norton installed I disabled Norton firewall and Autoprotect browsers still don't work With Old Rich's help on the Networking forum we diagnosed that there is nothing wrong with accessing the network from the accounts on which Browsers don't work see quot Re Administrator can get on the internet but other users can't quot on networking forum I am able to successfully ping google com from cmd window So he suggested that I create a thread here I have followed your instructions and here is the output of [SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account DDS TXT DDS TXT contents DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by EMACHINES at on - - [SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Disabled Updated D FA C -F - B -D EC- EDF CEDB SP Norton Enabled Updated E -D C- F-EC C- AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norton Disabled E E -BF - E -FDB -A EAC E A Running Processes C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system nvvsvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Norton Engine N exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Norton Engine N exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com uProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Password C D - - E - AC - F AFBF - C Program Files x Password x Agile pIE dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Norton Identity Protection ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Browsers stopped working for all accounts except existing admin account

I forgot to mention that proxy server is NOT setup for the accounts in which browsers do not work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-browsers-stopped-working-for-all-accounts-except-existing-admin-account-972265.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I would like to send a mass email to all of my Outlook contacts (Professional Outlook 2003) without having to click on each one. My thought is that there MUST be an easy way to do this, but I cannot find it. I would appreciate any helpful info from one wiser than me. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-to-all-contacts.1092455/
Relevancy 61.49%

Within the past five days I have been having trouble displaying Email Display Outlook 2003 some of my HTML emails I don t Outlook 2003 Email Display recall making any changes however I suppose must have I am using XP and Outlook Now when viewing many of my HTML emails they come through looking like the one below However it is important to note that it is not ALL HTML emails only some I m guessing it may be a security setting but I m not sure Here is an example What just a few days ago came through as a friendly HTML format now appears like this To ensure your MyPoints email is delivered to your inbox be sure to add email protected to your email address book or contact list MyPoints lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail MyPointsLogo gif gt BonusMail lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail BonusMail gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Member Info Name Ryan Point Balance My Account lt https www mypoints com emp u member viewMember do gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Earning more Points is fast amp easy Read this BonusMail and visit the partner site Get Points Respond to this offer Get Points lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Once you get to What to Expect online sign up for the program Receive Points lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b author image jpg gt Every mom needs a home away from home a place to find support answers friends and advice she can depend on That s why there s What to Expect the ultimate online resource for moms and moms-to-be Registration is quick easy FREE and gives you instant access to everything you ll need from preconception to pregnancy to parenting through the toddler years Sign up today and personalize the What to Expect experience for you and your growing family No matter where you are in your pregnancy or parenting journey you ll find thousands of other members who share your anticipation your dreams and let s face it your questions on What to Expect Won t you join us All the best lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b author signature jpg gt lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b join wte content right gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Get mom-to-mom advice and support lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Track and record magical milestones lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Share family photos and stories lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Receive custom articles and info lt http www mypoints com z b img content right jpg gt Create your personal home page and blog lt http www mypoints com emp u ma do mt P yGR HOPkXBR ZHxrTtUviXLMvRtzV amp arr s gt lt http www mypoints com z b spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z b bg bottom new gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Hurry This Point Offer Expires June Points for this offer can only be earned once lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt lt http www mypoints com z er bonusMail spacer gif gt Once you get to What to Expect online sign up for the program Receive Points lt http mypoints com images a water... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-email-display.714630/
Relevancy 61.49%

For some reason, I cannot receive emails now on my outlook on this pc (work). My home PC works fine.

I even run the "test account settings" and everything works, except I dont receive the outlook test message. I do the the files up on the webmail, but for some reason they are not downloading. I am able to send emails.

I get the following error.

Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 27061 octets follow'

and the same message, but

+OK 3753 octets follow

for the second email address.
These both reside with the same ISP, but on seperate servers.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

How does one print Outlook email addresses or save them to a file. I have tried so many things to no avail. As I cannot figure out how to back up the address book, I thought that saving the emails in file or printing out would be a work around solution to a back up.

Thank you!!!

Vivienne

Relevancy 61.49%

Really quick and probably easy question. I want to back up all my emails to a CD before I do a format reinstall. Is there any way to do this in Outlook 2003?

A:Backing Up Email in Outlook 2003

Hi xSoilworkeRx

If you have any Rules you would like to save, Export them and save the resulting .rwz file.
Tools > Rules and Alerts > E-mail Rules tab > Options > Export

Do a search for .pst files.
These contain your messages as well as your Contacts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backing-up-email-in-outlook-2003.434217/
Relevancy 61.49%

Good Afternoon I work in a very small office of employees We have pc's all running xp sp all connected to a separate server which forwards our email gets data backed up to it etc 2003 receiving outlook not email Around weeks outlook 2003 not receiving email ago one of the machines stopped receiving email through outlook exchange server Email sent from it gets received and it does outlook 2003 not receiving email seem to receive email sent from other people in our office but nothing from outside has come in for quite a while Having read up on a few things on this board amp else where i have so far established Removing the account in outlook and putting it back on again makes no difference Removing the anti virus firewall software did nothing Reinstalling a different antivirus etc avg and running a full virus scan pulled no results Checking and comparing as many of the properties on the server as I can find there is nothing different that i can see between one of the working accounts and the non working one There does not appear to be any mail queued on the server that is not pushing through on the account Having had very little experience in this kind of thing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance Sam

A:outlook 2003 not receiving email

Is there a particular 0x800ccc error code or something similar happening when you click send/receive on that machine?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/outlook-2003-not-receiving-email-390411.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have an associate that cannot see the content of some emails unless she selects Reply or Forward, then the text becomes visible. If she opens the email, or tries to view it in the Preview Pane, it appears blank. These are emails from 2 different people. I had seen something similar before and a bad Hardware Profile was the culprit. Deleted the hardware profile, created another one and it worked well. That does not fix this problem.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-blank-email-in-outlook-2003.870677/
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm using Outlook 2003 in Win7 and trying to send an excel .xls file to a mac user and he keeps getting a winmail1dat file. According to Googled how-to info, this is what happens if you email in rich text format which I am not. I'm in HTML mode. He can receive .xls in plain text. Another mac friend gets the same .xls file in HTML just fine. ???

Any suggestions without sending in plain text just to this one user everytime?

A:Outlook 2003 won't email .xls files to a mac

Tell the recipient to save then rename winmail1.dat to winmail1.xls. He/she should then be able to open it in Excel.
I've no idea why they are receiving it as a dat file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-email-xls-files-to-a-mac.1023551/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have set up email signatures and associated them with both "new message" as well as "reply to" functions. They come across fine except that while my "reply to" signature is perfect, my "new message" signature does not show the apporpriate colors but is only B & W. For the life of me I cannot figure this out or fix it. I have tried deleting and creating new signatures, but to no avail. Help please?