Windows Support Forum

No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

Q: No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

I was watching a tv show on nbc on my dell inspirion when I lost Wi-Fi. I checked and I had no signal and it wasn't even showing any available networks. I called dell and they ran me through a diagnostics. But once they saw my McAfee was expired and I wasn't paying extra for tech support they wouldn't help. Now it's not even showing Wi-Fi in my network connections just Ethernet. Please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

IMO, McAffee isn't worth $$; ditch it and get WiFi running again.

THEN, choose { Avast or AVG } as your A/V product, DL & install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wi-fi-listed-in-network-settings.206899/
Relevancy 56.33%

I tried many backup software but I am more comfortable with the Win's built in but now I have a problem I used to do every so a backup of some selected folders it worked very well as since the latest backup new files were added modified files were added Is possible from not change to listed settings register? keeping the Is possible to change not listed settings from register? precedent version files Is possible to change not listed settings from register? untouched were skipped but now when I start it it says that has passed much time since the first backup and therefore want to start a full backup again so the files that have never being modified now are being copied again even if I already have them The problem is Is possible to change not listed settings from register? I have many big files that can't be replicated twice or I won't have any more space I could do this full backup again but I should first delete the old one losing old version of my files So I was wondering if it's possible to delay the time this brand new full backup must start to my pleasure years or simply disable it via regedit because there is nothing wrong continuing updating the first full backup for me

A:Is possible to change not listed settings from register?

Hello BEBBOI, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use step 4 in the tutorial below to "Change settings" to your current backup setup to uncheck the folder(s) that these large files are in to no longer have them included in the backup. You may need to move any files in these folders that you do want to continue to be backed up to another folder location that is included in the backup though.Backup User and System Files
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/288206-possible-change-not-listed-settings-register.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I only have 1 monitor, yet vista display settings always lists as having 2. Only one appears in device manager. Is there a way to remove the second monitor?

A:2 Monitors listed in display settings

hovver your mouse over display 2 , does it say "Not Active"??

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/197887-2-monitors-listed-display-settings.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Originally Posted by MrNeeds

if you dont have it there then its like having a second monitor but not switched on, the fact that you can take a screenshot and not have 2 desktops is meaning that its disabled, if you are afraid of it using resources up, then all you need to do is , right click desktop>nvidia control panel>manage 3d settings>multi display/mixed gpu aceleration menu and select single display performance mode. viola single display use only...

how to remove the 2nd monitor?
Got two monitors displayed but I only have one Dell (1280x1024 60hz)!
This gives me problem when trying to install win 8.1 from scratch as when PC reboos from dvd win 8.1installation disk, it wants to start from the 2nd monitor (800x600 60Hz) from the same Radeon x1300/x1550 card - BUT i do not have this monitor and have never had it!!??

Any advise please...?
Thanks!
R

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/304451-2-monitors-listed-display-settings.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a monitor and my tv thats being used but the other 2 i dont know how to remove it..can anyone help me out here? its just really annoying for me..
how can I remove #3,4 ? seems like everytime i restart my computer another display would appear..

A:4 Monitors listed in display settings

You do not say so but based on your screenshot, which shows a dropdown arrow to the right of the adapter name and a "1." before it, you have two adapters that have dual monitor connections. That is what you are seeing--not four monitors but rather four available (even if not used) monitor connections.

If you do not have dual adapters and "Device Manager" obviously thinks it sees four it is probably a driver problem.

If all is working as it should--ignore it.

If you are so badly bothered that you want it "fixed," here is what I would do:

Create a "System Restore" point and/or create a backup.

Starting in "Device Manager" uninstall all "Display Adapters" including their drivers if given the option. Shut down and physically remove the GTX-285(s) and install (temporarily) a different video card, enable the onboard, or whatever and reboot. Setup the temp card so that you can more easily install any of the available freeware driver cleaners/removers (one I have used in the past is Driver Sweeper). Run it and clean the unused hopefully unneeded drivers out of your system--do not go overboard--just concentrate on video drivers.

Repeat all the above only this time remove the temp video adapter and put the GTX-285(s) back in. Get it all setup as before and then rerun the driver cleaner/remover. Hopefully any "hiccups" will be gone.

FYI: the OS, that is "Device Manager," often sees things that are not being used and even are turned off/disabled. Mostly onboard devices that can be and/or are turned off/disabled in the BIOS/CMOS settings such as video/audio adapters, serial ports, parallel (printer) ports, etc. can still be "seen" by the OS, "Device Manager," and shown in some form, ie. as the wrong number of "monitors," as an "Unknown Device" and/or improperly installed device. If everything is working as it should and you are not having MANY (almost every one has one/few) driver related BSODs then you are better off to ignore the "hiccups."

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/282577-4-monitors-listed-display-settings.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I've a wireless AP, it gives me through dhcpd IP address and gateway.

However, I don't want to use the gateway provided by the AP, so I add on my windows 7 os, in the advanced settings for tcp/ip4 > default gateways , another one with value "1" as metric value.

Problem is:

When I do that my network it's displayed twice in my "currently connected to" list, as "AP-name" and "AP-name 2".
Is this normal, how may I fix this?

Everything else works as expected, my packets are routed through the gateway I've specified.

Thanks,
J.

A:my network it's listed twice

Quote: Originally Posted by joe555

Hello,

I've a wireless AP, it gives me through dhcpd IP address and gateway.

However, I don't want to use the gateway provided by the AP, so I add on my windows 7 os, in the advanced settings for tcp/ip4 > default gateways , another one with value "1" as metric value.

Problem is:

When I do that my network it's displayed twice in my "currently connected to" list, as "AP-name" and "AP-name 2".
Is this normal, how may I fix this?

Everything else works as expected, my packets are routed through the gateway I've specified.

Thanks,
J.

Hi J and welcome

Both normal and expected. You added the second by adding the "1". If everything is working is there a problem other than the fact that it is annoying?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104239-my-network-its-listed-twice.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All My brother rebooted his computer and a network connection listed. ONLY the Unidentified is network Network problem Everyone of his Network Connections get automatically listed under Unidentified Network Public Network and there is no other network being created like the default Network He don't Unidentified Network is the ONLY network listed. have the Bojour Service loaded He doesn't use Adobe CS he has CS We have tried a ROUTE DELETE then adding in our own route b netsh winsock reset catalog c netsh int ip reset reset log What Unidentified Network is the ONLY network listed. happens is that when we reboot the adapters go through a discovery phase But instead of creating a new Network which we can configure as Home Work or Public it always puts the Network Connections ex Local Area Connection under the Unidentified network We have been at this for hours there doesn't seem to be a way for us to create a new Network then assign an adapter to it It would be nice to be able to drag and drop this stuff around but you can't I have been reading forums too death but nothing seems to work Does anyone know how to get that default Network to appear on reboot What we want to happen is like the first time you turn on windows It identifies a new network then it ASKS YOU what to do with it Any help PLEASE Otherwise we will have to redo the whole computer - Roger - Roger

A:Unidentified Network is the ONLY network listed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Roger Huston

Hello All,
My brother rebooted his computer and a network connection problem. Everyone of his Network Connections get automatically listed under Unidentified Network (Public Network) and there is no other network being created, like the default Network.

1. He don't have the Bojour Service loaded.
2. He doesn't use Adobe CS3, he has CS4.
3. We have tried
3.a ROUTE DELETE 0.0.0.0 then adding in our own route.

3.b netsh winsock reset catalog
3.c netsh int ip reset reset.log

What happens is that when we reboot, the adapters go through a discovery phase. But instead of creating a new Network which we can configure as Home, Work or Public, it always puts the Network Connections (ex Local Area Connection 5) under the Unidentified network.

We have been at this for hours, there doesn't seem to be a way for us to create a new Network then assign an adapter to it. It would be nice to be able to drag and drop this stuff around, but you can't. I have been reading forums too death, but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know how to get that default Network to appear on reboot? What we want to happen is like the first time you turn on windows. It identifies a new network, then it ASKS YOU what to do with it.

Any help PLEASE? Otherwise we will have to redo the whole computer.

- Roger

- Roger

Hi

What settings have you set in Network and Sharing Center/Advanced Settings?

Also what antivirus and firewall have you installed?

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185354-unidentified-network-only-network-listed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone
I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.

I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.)

The windows 10 32 bit Home is missing off the network list!
I have gathered from the net that this is nothing unusual - but wonder if MS have come up with a fix yet? - or if someone has come up with a workaround. This is an inconvenience to me, so any suggestions would be welcomed.
I have tried many of the suggested 'cures' without success so far

best regards

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38770-computer-not-listed-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So I am trying to share a drive But here is the problem Two computers Computer A mine and Computer B the back up Both are running Windows Pro -bit So on computer B I have several drives one drive in particular is for computer A So in computer B I went to that drive and I added a folder backup Then I went to Start gt many sharing, listed too but Network Computer right mouse clicked on the drive selected Shared with and then select Advance Sharing New screen went to the Sharing tab clicked on Advance Sharing button put a check in the top box hit apply and then okay I rebooted I just do this and then when computer B was back up I went to computer A Start gt Network and the new screen I see my computer B and double click on it Now here is the problem I see the Network sharing, but too many listed drive that is shared but also the folder 'backup' that I created within that drive as a shared items as well Should I not just see the drive then double click the drive to then see the folder 'backup' Not sure what I missed or is this how Windows works

A:Network sharing, but too many listed

Nevermind folks, found out that I had another folder with the same name. Deleted everything and created new folders. All good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/269385-network-sharing-but-too-many-listed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I went to turn on my firewall per instructions on another post, and when I got to the Network connections in my control panel, I noticed I have 4 connections
3 look familiar
1394 connect firewalled
local area connect firewalled
wireless connect firewalled

But the one I am not familiar with and wonder why I have it listed is:
Internet Gateway
Internet connection
connected

when I right click properties and services it comes up with
four boxes that say windows media format SDK Explore.exe
and a fifth box that says Windows media format SDK (wn player.exe)

It says
"This connection allows you to connect to the internet through a shared connection on another computer
Is this the tv/media center on my computer? Or is some other computer possibly sharing my computer? (which shouldn't be)
Also how can i tell if someone has hijacked my computer.
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201472/why-do-i-have-so-many-network-connections-listed/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have 5 PCs. Wired & wireless. All on same Workgroup. Have 2 HP Touchsmart ALL-In-One units an Acer AX1470, an Acer R13, & a Lenovo Yoga. All running Windows 10 Build 1511. I am able to PING all machines from each other. The AX1470 sees all PCs under Network. The other 4 units cannot see either Touchsmart. I tried to explain the relationship in the attached file. I use the Windows Firewall and it makes no difference if the Firewall is ON or OFF. Right now the AX1470 is my main machine and all files are on it. I periodically copy files to the 4 other PCs just to have a copy and when I am working on one of the 4 I need to access the files on the AX1470. I am using it like a file server and working PC.

Any Ideas how to make the Touchsmart units visable?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-touchsmart-not-listed-in-network.1161380/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone
I'm fairly new to windows 10 - so forgive me if the following has been asked a thousand times before.

I have have three computers which are networked (1x 64 bit windows 10 Pro- 1x32 bit windows 10 Home Premium + 1x 32bit windows 7 Home Premium.)

The windows 10 32 bit Home is missing off the network list!
I have gathered from the net that this is nothing unusual - but wonder if MS have come up with a fix yet? - or if someone has come up with a workaround. This is an inconvenience to me, so any suggestions would be welcomed.
I have tried many of the suggested 'cures' without success so far

best regards

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38770-computer-not-listed-network.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Suddenly I have a network listed on my desktop called XANDER. (See jpeg) It is not listed in users on C: I was recently duped in an email scheme at a dating site. when money was requested I caught on and marked it as spam. Not sure when xander showed up but there may be a correlation.

A:New network listed (xander) not a user

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-network-listed-xander-not-a-user.212332/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys I Recently had Windows installed on one of my computers but the computer isn t very good so I downgraded back to windows xp sp My problem is after Windows Xp installs on this computer it doesn t detect my network device HELP! device in manager, network listed No What I No network device listed in manager, HELP! mean by this is there is no network tab or anything listed in the device manager My ethernet is built into my mboard which is an EVGA nf I ve tried No network device listed in manager, HELP! installing all No network device listed in manager, HELP! sorts of drivers and combinations of the such and nothing seems to work The internet worked fine prior to installed xp and has had xp before without this problem Also in the device manager there are x devices that are listed with yellow exclamation marks beside them that I am unsure what they are -PCI device -other pci bridge device -sm bus controller I previously had another computer with this same exact problem that I couldn t fix as well the only way I could fix it was to install windows Please help guys I really need this to work nbsp

A:No network device listed in manager, HELP!

Have you downloaded and installed the Chipset Driverss?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-device-listed-in-manager-help.978547/
Relevancy 51.17%

I clicked on Network Adapters in S.I.W. and it shows an AM10 installed eight times and a Belkin installed twice. The Belkin(2) is the functioning adapter. I can not get the AM10 to work. How do I get rid of all the multiple installs? They are not listed in the Device manager.

A:Multiple Network Adapters listed

Quote: Originally Posted by den942

I clicked on Network Adapters in S.I.W. and it shows an AM10 installed eight times and a Belkin installed twice. The Belkin(2) is the functioning adapter. I can not get the AM10 to work. How do I get rid of all the multiple installs? They are not listed in the Device manager.

Go to Device Manager, look at the top and click on the View tab, click to "show hidden devices" with any luck those extra adaptors will show up so that you can uninstall them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289183-multiple-network-adapters-listed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I would like to disable the Win Xp Firewall but when I open "Control Panel" >> "Network Connections" there are no network connections listed. When I rightClick in the empty pane and click "refresh" a message pops up: (i try to translate, i have a dutch Windows XP) "The list of network adapters on your computer can not be viewed in the folder network connections. Check if the networkconnections service is plugged in (?) and active." I have no problem using internet and also I use this pc with another harddisk and there is no problem with that one.

thanx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-listed-windows-xp.184423/
Relevancy 50.74%

When i go into Network on Windows 8 laptop, under the heading Computer i see my computer, under the Network Infrastructure header i see my my router, but sometimes under Phones i see odd phone names such as C1395 (Sony Experia) and today Paggioo (Prestigio). I can delete them but they keep coming back. Why are they there and how do i clear them permanently

My own mobile phone is an LG and i also have an Amazon Fire HD tablet

A:Strange phones listed on Network heading

Sounds like the Wi-Fi in the phones is being seen by the Router. Be sure to have a password set on the Wireless part in the Router setup so they can use your service.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58662-strange-phones-listed-network-heading.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I cannot currently get online through wifi or an eithernet cable. In my device manager one iteam is listed as an 'unknown device' and I believe it may be my network driver. Also I get a driver error when trying to connect to my wifi, but I am able to see my wifi and connect to it with my phone. I'm assuming I'll need some sort of driver download, but being as my older phone is the only way I can get in the internet right now it's been hard tracking down what I need. I own a NV57H20u laptop. If someone could link the download for me that would great. Or let me know what I should do instead. Also I've already ran the computer in safe mode with networking and AVG as well as Malwarebytes without any luck.

A:Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

On the unknown device in Device Manager, right click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Please copy and paste the first line in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552827/network-driver-is-listed-as-unknown-device/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46985-network-devices-listed-under-unknown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, I'm writing on behalf of my Dad. He bought a new laptop as described and he loves messing around with operating systems. However, when he installed it with windows 7 there is no wireless network adapter listed anywhere. Is it not compatible? Would appreciate any replies as I am pulling my hair out! Karen

A:notebook 15-af156sa no network adapter for wireless listed i...

Have you looked in device manager to see if there is any unknown hardware present? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/notebook-15-af156sa-no-network-adapter-for-wireless-listed/td-p/5725864
Relevancy 49.88%

Newbie to HyperV, trying to use Hyper-V in Win10, starting with setting up virtual switch. I get error "when trying to retrieve list of virtual switches." So I went to the NIC properties, see Hyper-V extensible virtual switch is not checked, click on it, click install, click on protocol, click Add, and find there are NO protocols listed. What am I missing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-protocols-listed-when-installing-hyperv-ex-switch.1159241/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Sharing on listed Connection Network Bluetooth Internet tab not all I'm trying to share an Internet connection via bluetooth The host HP w laptop running Windows Enterprise x Connected to the Internet via Local Area Connection Bluetooth Network Connection not listed on Internet Sharing tab wired The client Asus Transformer tablet I have a bluetooth PAN setup and the devices are communicating properly They both have IPs in the x range can ping each other and I can use a Remote Desktop client on the tablet to control the PC The last piece I'm missing is giving the tablet access to the PCs Internet connection I go into Network and Sharing Center click Change Adapter Settings and open the properties of Local Area Connection On the Sharing tab I check Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection I then click the Home Network Connection dropdown and Bluetooth Network Adapter is not listed I see others including my wireless card VMware virtual adapters VPN adapters etc I've looked at the Bluetooth Network Adapter's Bluetooth Network Connection not listed on Internet Sharing tab properties and it doesn't seem to be missing any protocols that the other adapters have It's enabled connected and working fine locally Any ideas Is there a registry hack or something that I have to do to make it show up in the ICS list Thanks

A:Bluetooth Network Connection not listed on Internet Sharing tab

try to put both ends of bluetooth to "dynamic ip" not a fixed ip address!! Not sure this will fix your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199736-bluetooth-network-connection-not-listed-internet-sharing-tab.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Long time listener First time caller I run IT system of a small network of computers Beginning last week users had numerous emails returned server my listed mail claims from CBL, VPS it's ISP network coming on my undeliverable with MTA's poor reputation and CBL blacklist errors I have a static IP in the building and went to each individual computer and run Adwcleaner and Mailwarebytes I found cookies and minor infections on networked machines and cleaned them in safe mode I changed my smtp to another outgoing server to successfully send mail However my VPS smtp continues to be blacklisted My ISP who hosts the VPS email server VPS mail server listed on CBL, my ISP claims it's coming from my network ran extensive captures VPS mail server listed on CBL, my ISP claims it's coming from my network on the server and through the exim configs and they claim everything is normal Here are two of the blacklistings http cbl abuseat org lookup cgi ip http www spamhaus org query bl ip My questions for the gurus Can I still get relisted on the CBL if my entire network was off during the weekend Could the trojan be on my network and still be on the CBL if it doesn't use the VPS smtp to send mail What tools service would you suggest to find the source What spam settings on Cpanel do you suggest for the maximum benefits I'll hang up and listen Thanks in advance for your help

A:VPS mail server listed on CBL, my ISP claims it's coming from my network

Welcome to the site Easier to give you help here rather than on Twitter.

So I understand your setup, you have a virtual private server hosted outside of your network running a smtp/pop3 server. Your users on the network access that server to send and retrieve email?

I would ask your provider for a copy of the logs associated with your mail server.  It may contain the addresses of those computers that are repeatedly connecting to your server. If they are all on internal ips and being NATed by the router, that wont help.

The next step would be to use a ethernet sniffer like wireshark and if possible mirror the traffic from all the switch ports to the port used by the sniffer. Then you can find those that are performing heavy smtp requests.

To your questions:

1. Only if the VPS server itself is compromised and being used to send the spam.  Then it does not matter what is connected to it.

2. No.  Your router ip address, if using NAT would be listed instead. Or another server that the trojaned computer is sending mail through.

3. Wireshark is good choice for finding the SMTP traffic.

4. Unfortunately, I can't help with Cpanel. Never used it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521775/vps-mail-server-listed-on-cbl-my-isp-claims-its-coming-from-my-network/
Relevancy 49.88%

The other day we had to reset our wireless router, before that everything was working fine but now I can't get the internet to work at all, eventhrough the ethernet cable.

I don't know much about computers but i've had some guys who know more have a look at it. In normal mode there are no devices listed in the device list and no connections listed in network connections- both are completely blank. In safe mode however they all seem to be as they should be. In both modes the icon was saying the wireless network card didnt exist eventhough one or both of the lights have been on at some points. I have tried reinstalling the drivers etc for the wireless card but it hasnt changed it.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated, I have lots of work to do and tired everything i can. I have windows xp.

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

This has been bugging me for a while it pops up whenever I start the computer. I don't know to much about how to do things so please have some patients with me. If you can help me than I might just love you forever.

A:Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\ Network Service\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ hrcopul.dll

Have you run any scans for infections? I Googled hrcopul.dll, and everything that I found points to a infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201901/error-loading-cdocuments-and-settings-network-service-local-settings-application-data-hrcopuldll/
Relevancy 46.01%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello This computer had malware like vosteran multioplug seachextensions goobzo rockettab installcore I was able to remove them using Malwarebytes The computer seemed to be fine for a few days after that until the network stopped working The wireless network icon has a red x I can't open the the -Can't open network, can't connect Log network adapter HickJackThis to settings Open Network and Sharing Center unless I'm in safe mode and HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings I can't open the network adapter settings it says that windows explorer has an error and closes the window I also tried to connect a usb network adapter and an ethernet ExpressCard but it wouldn't install them It won't read usb memories either unless they were installed previous to this incident I booted the computer with bitdefender and scaned it It found a few trojan infected e-mails that were removed No more viruses have been found after that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C Program Files x Fortinet FortiClient FortiTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin ismagent exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client GreenList exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client WhiteList exe C Users Administrator Desktop HickjackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Partner BHO Class - FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO IEPlugin - C CD -A CB- D -A F -D F A BE - C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client VIPAddOnForIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO... Read more

A:HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings

Greetings justreboot and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSys... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565566/hickjackthis-log-cant-connect-to-network-cant-open-network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 46.01%

After reinstalling OS, I was fiddling around to change the name of the user folder until I accidentally added network path from folder sharing option as you can see from the screenshot below:
Is there a way to remove such path or make that space "not shared" like before?

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

A:How do I remove network path? (network file and folder settings)

Click on the Advanced Sharing button and then un-check the Share This Folder link and it will remove the share.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322581-how-do-i-remove-network-path-network-file-folder-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.15%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Under my wireless status on the bottom right I have my network, but I also have another network called "other wireless" what is that?

A:"Other Network" listed on wireless search

Quote: Originally Posted by letsdoamazing

Under my wireless status on the bottom right I have my network, but I also have another network called "other wireless" what is that?

its another wifi network in range. I am assuming you have pass-worded yours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/154806-other-network-listed-wireless-search.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Our current Windows 8/IE10 tablets apply a group policy which sets up the IE proxy configuration and prevents users from changing that configuration.
This is done using the settings "Prevent changing proxy settings" and "Disable changing automatic configuration settings" (located at computer configuration\administrative templates\windows components\internet explorer).
With Windows 8.1/IE11, the proxy server settings are still greyed out in the LAN settings dialog box under Internet Options\Connections in the desktop IE environment.
However in 8.1 the proxy settings can also be accessed from the Settings charm: Settings - Change PC Settings - Network - Proxy.  From this location, ordinary users can modify and save changes to the proxy configuration.
Is there any way to lock this down?

A:Locking down IE proxy settings under PC Settings\Network\Proxy on Windows 8.1

Update on this - a very helpful Microsoft engineer came back with a workaround which, while not ideal, is a lot better than letting users change their proxy settings.
When I said I was going to post it here, the engineer said to make sure I started with the statement that Binary registry keys as used in this solution shouldn't generally be messed about with, and that editing the registry without first backing it up may
also lead to plagues of locusts, etc.  All the usual disclaimers, so use this at your own risk.
His solution, which we've tested, involves switching from per-user proxy settings to per-machine proxy settings. 
The Microsoft workaround word for word is:
The first thing we need to do is to export the following registry key from a machine that has the correct proxy settings set.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
This contains the following 2 binary registry keys which have the connections settings: ?DefaultConnectionSettings? and ?SavedLegacySettings?
The next step is to open the newly exported .reg file and to change the path:
From: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
To: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
For a test on a single machine you can manually change this, from elevated cmd: regedit <file>.reg
For a bigger scale you can create a script to deploy the file containing the binary registry keys from the .reg file we exported with the path HKLM.
The final steps as discussed we need the following policy applied:

http://gpsearch.azurewebsites.net/#683

the policy is not being applied correctly then deploy the Registry Item directly:
If
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
ProxySettingsPerUser
Dword
Value=0
We have the following values:
0 -> policy set at machine level.
1 -> policy set at user level.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d420c66-2e89-43d7-b136-baf5f69690f1/locking-down-ie-proxy-settings-under-pc-settingsnetworkproxy-on-windows-81?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 43%

Hello.
I connect to different wireless networks with my laptop. some networks don't have dhcp and require setting a static IP. the problem is that setting a static IP sets it for ALL networks. sure- there is the additional setting tab- but that only helps with one "dhcp-less" network and makes establishing a connection much slower.

I was hoping to find a network manager (built in - or third party) similar to what android or linux have, where settings are saved per network.

anyone knows of a solution?

A:change network settings per network

Windows IP Freeware NetSetMan: Network Settings Manager (LAN WiFi)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45182-change-network-settings-per-network.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My computer was working and all of a sudden I can not longer connect to my network and when I see all available networks mine says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"   How can I change the settings on the computer so that they match the requirements of the network?  I can access other networks and get online like that, but my network, even the local one, is busted.  Please help!

A:"The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"

Hi Lori,

This issue usually occurs on wireless network connections. I suggest that you turn off any security feature of wireless. Please click Start->Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right click on the wireless adapter and select Properties. From there choose Wireless Networks, click on your wireless network name and choose properties. Under Network Authentication choose Open to turn off the wireless security. Please try to connect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you delete the connection, and recreate the wireless network connections. The following website may help you on creating the wireless connection.

http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-setup-a-wireless-connection

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Is the issue resolved?

If the issue persists, I suggest that you reinstall the wireless adapter driver, and re-create the connection again.

Remove the adapter driver========================

1. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter.2. Expand "Network Adapters", double-click on the entry of the wireless network device.3. Click the tab "Driver", click "Uninstall".4. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter. 5. Remove the entries related to the wireless network adapter.

Then reinstall the driver with your driver CD. After installing, re-create the connection. 

If the issue is not resolve by the above suggestions, please let me know if other computers can connect to this wireless network.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0e8cb69-89cb-43c4-b873-c613bb16a983/quotthe-settings-saved-on-this-computer-for-the-network-do-not-match-the-requirements-of-the?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 42.14%

Since last week the internet connection icon stopped appearing on the system tray. I didn't really notice until I checked Network Connections and there was no connection listed there andd I got an error message.
"The Network Connections Folder was unable to retrieve the list of Network adapters on your machine. Please make sure that the Network Connections service is enabled and running.

But the internet is still working like normal? How do I fix this

A:No Connection listed in network connection

Did you check to see if the mentioned service was running?Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Scroll down to find Network Connections in the first column. Double click on it. In the window that comes up make sure the start-up type is set to Manual or Automatic. Also that the Service status: is Started. If it is not then you will need to click on the Start button. You may need to restart the PC for the changes to show.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377983/no-connection-listed-in-network-connection/
Relevancy 41.28%

Can not open my mail. Message tells me to check my network settings, but I don't know what I am supposed to look for.

Relevancy 41.28%

Now this may sound like a daft question but I have wondered for a long time now what to set my network to Home or Public because the wording in the attached pic does not make sense to me as both say do not use in cafes and public places so which should I use?
I was thinking this while setting up a new home wifi modem this afternoon and it sort of got me wondering.

A:Settings for network

You misread it - Home says don't use for public places, Public says use for public places

Mostly has to do with firewall settings and sharing. For example, if you choose Public, Network Discovery is turned off, you can't join a Homegroup, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/361075-settings-network.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all i ve got a problem Network settings? and i hope you ll be able to help In my wireless network i have a laptop a desktop a router Network settings? a printer and my broadband Now all of a sudden my laptop seems to have stopped being able to connect to the network I know the network and router etc is fine as i m using my desktop to be here on the net now but what i cannot understand is why my laptop cannot connect I should point out my laptop uses vista and my desktop uses XP When i try to connect to the network i get the message next to the network name quot The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirments of the network quot As far as i am aware no settings have changed but how do i find out what these settings should be so i can connect again Also better include that my route is a D-Link DI- Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello. I'm using a notebook using windows vista and i have this problem.

The problem is that I can't seem to find my network / router in my "connect to a network" list. I used to be able to do it when it appeared as an "Unknown Network" or something, then i'll just enter network name and password. Now, I have to wait till it automatically connects to the network.

Other notebooks in the house do not have such problems, so I guess its nothing to do with the router but my notebook settings.

Any solutions?
Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-settings-432223.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone! I hope someone here can help me out. I just bought a used PC on Ebay to use as my home computer. Here's the specs:

Dell Dimension 8100
Windows XP Pro
1.3 GHz Pentium 4
512 MB ram

When I try to install new programs it gives me a message saying I don't have permission to do it because I'm not the network administrator. I don't know the user name and password for the network administrator and I can't get a hold of the old owner to tell me what it is. Is there anything I can do to get around it?

I thought about formating the HD and reinstalling Windows XP, but once again, it won't let me do this because I'm not the network administrator. Does anyone have any tips for me? It sure is frustrating owning a computer that won't let me do anything to it.

A:Can't get rid of old network settings

Reboot in the Dafe Mode by tapping the function 8 key a few times before XP loads and the Administrator account should appear. Try just hitting the Enter key and not putting in a password at all. If it still asks for one, reboot again in Safe Mode and once in the Welcome Screen, hold down control and alt keys and hit delete twice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-rid-of-old-network-settings.301418/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm running Windows 7 on HP Pavillion. I'm having trouble with family user account side of computer showing devices and printers window with items in it, just a blank screen. See attachment. My administration side of accounts shows the items in window. I created a new user account call Test and it shows items in the devices and printers window.
The computer is the only one in this home. What group settings should be, workgroup or homegroup? What should the following settings be for Workgroup and/or Homegroup? Thanks

A:What should my network settings be?

Hi. As per last image, you have a notification "Network Discovery is turned Off" - Click on that and turn on network Discovery. This way, other devices in your network will be visible to your PC.
Control Panel > network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings > turn on network discovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336346-what-should-my-network-settings.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello to all I m about to reinstall windows XP Before I do this I m trying to back up as much info as possible using Norton Ghost which I ve just purchased and still trying to figure out to hopefully make it much easier to reinstall everything Anyway my question is this I d like to save my network settings in the hope that once I ve reinstalled XP it s just a case of coping the files over to the new installation I ran XP s network diagnostics hoping I Settings Network could just copy the files over when needed The program reported some problems but my connection seems fine to me should I just leave things as they are or try and sort them first with as much Network Settings help as possible from folks here please And when I do copy them how do I do Network Settings this do I just copy the save file I can make in the diagnostics program and then how do I reinstall into my new installation Any help will be very much appreciated as I m a total novice and only came across the network diagnostic program by accident when trying to find out how to copy the network files Is is safe for me to post all the setting and are they all needed I do hope I m making sense I m just trying to learn as I go nbsp

A:Network Settings

What kind of connection do you have for the Internet?

If you have a cable or DSL connection setup is easy to setup, so you don't need to back it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-settings.664199/
Relevancy 40.85%

I downloaded a site for my daughter (kidzui) when I click on the icon it says it's unable to connect to network check network settings. Does anyone know how I can fix this?? Thanks so much

A:Need help...check network settings

Check your firewall isn't blocking it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-check-network-settings.727070/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I have a pc running Windows XP Pro. This was formerly connected to my office server and so still has the server login settings etc. I now wish to use this computer as a stand alone home pc and so wish to remove or disable these settings as they seem to be slowing things down, especially shortcuts to excel and word workbooks. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Many thanks
~Gary

A:Server network settings

Quote: Originally Posted by Gazza13

Hi, I have a pc running Windows XP Pro. This was formerly connected to my office server and so still has the server login settings etc. I now wish to use this computer as a stand alone home pc and so wish to remove or disable these settings as they seem to be slowing things down, especially shortcuts to excel and word workbooks. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Many thanks
~Gary

Welcome to the windows 7 forums Gazza13

first you need to log onto the machine as an administrator and un join from the domain that you were joined to.

If you know the password of the local machine administrator account, you can log on to the local machine instead of the domain and then unjoin from the domain.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206140-server-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

In lieu of many youtube videos posting improper settings in TCP optimizer I have decided to demystify and correct the settings contained in TCP optimizer I use the latest version and I suggest you also use the latest version Run it as administrator and select custom Wan Wireless Lan Wired Let's talk about largest MTU There's a misconception that is best incorrect Enter the following in command prompt ping www sevenforums com Optimizing Network Settings -f -l If there is a single timeout then the MTU is too big In my case I had to bring it down to for that site so I would set it Optimizing Network Settings to A setting of for me assures no packet is loss which is important Let's talk TTL Time to Live suppose the ping time of the site was ms If you set Optimizing Network Settings a TTL of ms then the site would have also timed out The problem is each site pings at a different time Google may ping at ms sevenforums ms some other sites ms In addition there is a ping variance of typically up to ms So realistically you would want a TTL of anything lower could result in many packets being dropped People on you often set TTL to and now you know why this is incorrect Firefox sets a TTL of for the browser just to give you some perspective Moving on TCP Window Auto-Tuning best to keep this to normal for lan and wan Essentially this will shape packets in accordance to your habits If you disable something similar will happen as it did for TTL of There will a significant latency penalty For that reason set it to normal Windows Scaling heuristics works with the former setting disable The former setting is adaptable enough Congestion Control Privider I'm going to assume CTCP is the best algorithm Receive-Side Scaling RSS Enable unless single core Will reduce latency NetDMA Relates to Lan built in the motherboard requires bios setting Disable for Wan DCA Relates to Intel Lan Disable for Wan Time to Live TTL should be left blank in most cases as it can do more harm than good If you feel you must set a setting a TTL of won't cost ya a penny in performance ECN Capability If router supports helps prevent packet loss Enable Checksum Offloading If not found in Advanced Tab of your internet adapter driver disable TCP Chimney Offload If not found in Advanced Tab of your internet adapter driver disable TCP options Window Scaling best to leave unchecked You can experiment with it if you use Lan quot Because some firewalls do not properly implement TCP Window Scaling it can cause a user's Internet connection to malfunction quot Timestamps should be checked if your internet is Mbps or higher At these speeds something causing an interupt of service every X amount of seconds At lower speeds this happens much less frequently Once again TCP Window Auto-tuning should be normal Setting proper MTU Window Scaling off Timestamps on TTL blank Together these settings work to provide reliable internet Moving on to Advanced Settings MaxConnections MaxConnections Essentially you are allowing up to connections per server If you use Lan you might set the former to and the latter to LocalPriority HostPriority DNSPriority NetbtPriority Theoretically you should set LocalPriority to and DNSPriority to and disable the other Host blocks connections and Netbt is more or less filesharing nothing to do with browsing the web In fact I'm going to give it a try You can disable LMhost in tcp ip of your internet properties under the wins tab At the same place you can disable netbios over tcp which is more or less NetBT SynAttackProtect Enabled DDOS protection All negativecache Do not save failed DNS requests Network Throttling disabled Do not limit network bandwidth SystemResponsiveness gaming Do not reserve CPU space make of resources available LargeSystemCache enabled Use more memory to accelerate performance Size Balanced Don't go overkill stay reasonable Finally make sure you select maximum performance profile in power Otherwise you CPU performance will throttle fall rather than r... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402185-optimizing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

when i was running the windows 7 rc, everything ran well with my network settings.

today, i received my windows 7 party pack and installed the os. whenever i reboot the computer, i don't have internet access. i have to go to network and sharing center to go to the ipv4 settings to input the default gateway everytime. my nic is the intergrated realtekRTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC. at first, i used the microsoft drivers from the os. i did update to the realtek drivers, but the same thing is happening.

i've also ran various ipconfig commands, but nothing i've been able to do seems to help. anything i'm missing?

A:network settings will not stay

thanks for the help, but problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28046-network-settings-will-not-stay.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
What to do when I tried to copy network settings to USB (attached png) and the Wizzard window Next button remaines greyed out although the flash-drive was recognized by the PC?
Thank you
barsim(

A:Copy Network Settings

Barsim, could it be that your flash drive is not formatted ntfs.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292176-copy-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

in windows XP Pro, id like to have different logon profiles have different network settings (IP, DNS, etc) ....

does it work, or does the network settings propogate (be the same) throughout all profiles on the computer?

reason, is that I have a laptop that i take from my business, to home, to my RV, of which all 3 have different network settings ..... instead of having to change network settings, id like to just set up 3 different profiles to logon to the computer with, and not worry about changing network settings ...

A:network settings in different profiles?

You can set up 3 different connections in the network and internet connections area.
Then show the connections in the start menu by cright clicking:
start
properties
advanced tab
in start menu items scroll down, under network connections select display as a connect to menu

Then when you want to connect to a different network you smply click start, connect to: and your connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-settings-in-different-profiles.265262/
Relevancy 40.85%

Printer is USB wired to desktop. When I sent a print job to HP laser jet 1018 will not print until restart desktop computer. I believe I must have something set wrong. I just have not been able to find what is wrong. Laptop and desktop are both running windows 7 64 bit. I would be thankfull for any advice. It did fine when I had XP laptop. I am wondering if it has something to homegroup?

A:network printer settings?

Is the printer shared on the host computer, and on the other computers set as default printer ? Also from my own experience with HP printer I had to download a update from HP that fixed communication errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245306-network-printer-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Does anyone know how to backup network connections settings to a disk so i can reformat my harddrive and reinstall windows. i just dont want or know how to configure my dsl. im running windows xp home.l please help...

A:Backup network settings

I've never found a way to backup those settings other than either manually writing them down so you can reconfigure after a format/reinstall or calling your ISP and having them step you through setting it back up. Since your ISP wants you to use their service, setting up your connection is one area they're almost always happy to help.

Maybe call your ISP before you format and ask them about helping you once you've got everything reinstalled.

If they seem uncooperative, post back and we can step you through finding, writing down and restoring the settings you'll need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backup-network-settings.214702/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm working on a HP DV6 notebook 64-bit windows vista, and recently my network settings changed. The first issue i had was the computer settings not matching with the router.
i thought it was fixed by deleting and re-adding the network, but when i got the network back it turned out to be unsecure and goes back to not matching setting when i try to change the security settings.

Tried updating the network adapters but they seem to be up to date. Read through a post here some one having the same problem but end result they deleted the network change security and it prompted password. Not sure what to do from here, thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-security-settings.1061617/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I have a few problems related to uncommon network configuration Firstly under network connections gt adapter properties gt ipv properties I can choose to obtain DNS server automatically or specify my own uncommon settings network DNS server I would uncommon network settings like to be able to choose different DNS servers based on which connection I am currently connected to Is it possible I believe this should be a common practice in corporate environment with local DNS servers serving internal zones When employee brings back his notebook and connects to his home network he should use a public DNS server I am currently using corporate DNS server as primary NS uncommon network settings and public as secondary However I do experience occasionally when browsing intranet because secondary NS was used to resolve My corporate server is able to forward requests outside of our zone so I uncommon network settings am looking to put both primary and secondary NS as my corporate NS Secondly is it possible to specify the BSSID or mac address of the access point I wish to connect to This is because there are multiple access points broadcasting the same SSID and I am automatically connected to the one with strongest signal Im omitting the details because it is rather complicated but I do need to select a particular access point and there is no way around it Is windows able to do so if not are there are rd party software which allows such settings Thanks in advance

A:uncommon network settings

Maybe separate hardware profiles? How to Create a Hardware Profile

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24642-uncommon-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I just downloaded a the new Zonelabs suite and it keeps showing that Spy Sweeper is trying to change my network settings It says Spy Sweeper SDK is trying to change your network settings by modifying the file WINDRVDIR etc hosts If I press deny then my AIM stops working and my internet begins to lag and some sites fail to load afte I got my HIjackthis log is it okay Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost change is settings Something network to my trying exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload Something is trying to change my network settings exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Something is trying to change my network settings WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C windows hffext hffsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort SmartUI Something is trying to change my network settings SmartUI exe C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C WINDOWS system BRMFRSMG EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run FlashIcon C Program Files Generic USB Card Reader Driver v FlashIcon exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run hffsrv c windows hffext hffsrv exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run PeerGuardian C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe O - HKCU Run Creative Detector quot C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe quot R O - Startup BitTorrent lnk C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe O - Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe O -... Read more

A:Something is trying to change my network settings

That would be SpySweeper trying to put entries in your hosts file to block them. You should allow it.

I don't see anything malicious in your log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-is-trying-to-change-my-network-settings.475904/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello and thanks,

I have a PC running XP sp2. Recently the PC became unable to acess the internet; if IE was initiated, it would pop open for a moment then dissappear. If I run ipconfig, I am unable to aquire an ip address. THis prompted me to check the settings of my NIC which I tried to do but was unsuccessful; If i right click "network places" "properties," there is nothing there. If I go to device manager and look thre, I see the nic installed okay (no red x or yellow !) BUT, if I right click the nic, and choose properties, nothing happens..no properties ever come up, no error message either.

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

JP

Relevancy 40.85%

in windows XP Pro, id like to have different logon profiles have different network settings (IP, DNS, etc) ....

does it work, or does the network settings propogate (be the same) throughout all profiles on the computer?

reason, is that I have a laptop that i take from my business, to home, to my RV, of which all 3 have different network settings ..... instead of having to change network settings, id like to just set up 3 different profiles to logon to the computer with, and not worry about changing network settings ...

A:network settings in different profiles?

You can set up 3 different connections in the network and internet connections area.
Then show the connections in the start menu by cright clicking:
start
properties
advanced tab
in start menu items scroll down, under network connections select display as a connect to menu

Then when you want to connect to a different network you smply click start, connect to: and your connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-settings-in-different-profiles.265262/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am trying to set up internet service on a used computer I recently purchased which used to be Log-On Network Delete Settings / on a network I know the modem is working ok because I can hear it dialing and I ve ran the diagnostic on it After the modem has dialed in a small windows box appears asking for quot User Log-On quot The internet service default log-on information appears in the windows box user name amp password But when I click quot ok quot the same box re-appears over and over until Delete Network Settings / Log-On the time runs out on the internet connection I can t get pass that small windows user log-on box and onto the internet I went into quot My Computer quot and unchecked all the network logon settings I ve Delete Network Settings / Log-On re-installed windows I ve deleted the windows user log-on info and re-booted I ve checked my dial-up networking options Nothing Delete Network Settings / Log-On seems to work the box keeps re-appearing asking for my username amp password Is it a network setting that needs to be deleted Please help what do I do Thank You Y Caldwell nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delete-network-settings-log-on.29396/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have WinXP Home and i m on a SOHO Lan with two wired and Solved: Network Settings two wireless computers i m one of the wireless A week ago when logging on i received the following message quot The system could not log you on Make sure your Solved: Network Settings user name and domain are correct then type your password again Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case quot I then clicked O K My usual logon screen appeared but in the bottom left there appeared quot Turn Solved: Network Settings off Upstairs quot I went to Network Settings and under Computer description i deleted quot Upstairs quot At next logon the same sequence happened but in the bottom left it now says quot Turn off Computer quot I have ignored this advise and my logon has succeeded as usual However the computer description is still blank and i wld like to get rid of the Logon Message quot and Turn off Computer quot Any thoughts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-settings.447097/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, On my Win 8 pc i have LAN card setting problem, i have 2 lan card`s, one integrated and one i pci slot. I remove lan card from pci slot and now i only use only integrated lan card. Network connection woks fine, buth i cannot change tcp/ip adress to static, when i try to change adress i got message install and enable your lan card to change settings. Can`t you help wiht dath ?

Sorry for bad eng...

A:Win 8 TCP/IP Network adapters settings

Hi , welcome to the forum , for me it's the card you removed you are try to change setting

if you want we help tou more, first give us screen shot of the network adapters

and also the device manager

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/13958-win-8-tcp-ip-network-adapters-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm having a lot of trouble watching videos-- they start, stop, start, stop-- always loading it seems. My internet connection is not good and that may be the problem. I'm over a mile from the very edge of the map that shows coverage for Clear.

I went into 'Local Area Connection'>Properties There it shows 'Broadband NetLink Gigabit Ethernet'. I click on 'Properties'> configure, click on 'Advanced' tab and I'm shown a list of things that have 'Value' next to the items. A lot of those things, on the list, show 'enable'--- should I enable any of them or leave them alone?

Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Vodafone dongle that I use for internet connectivity, somewhere I did something to the laptops network settings and it cant connect. It's like it clashes wth a network or something. Is there a way to reset ALL the network settings to their original state? Please, someone, HELP.

A:Messed up network settings

Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxbsj

I have a Vodafone dongle that I use for internet connectivity, somewhere I did something to the laptops network settings and it cant connect. It's like it clashes wth a network or something. Is there a way to reset ALL the network settings to their original state? Please, someone, HELP.

Yes there is a way to reset the network stack, flush the DNS, release/renew the IP and reset winsock. You can just save the file below, unzip the file and run it until you machine reboots which will be automatic.

If you are still having problems please post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all and I will have a look at it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240109-messed-up-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

When i upgraded to window 10,i had a problem with the internet.but back then, i didnt know how to fix it(it was a simple fix)so i managed to messed up some of the internet settings.can someone pls list some settings that effects your network so i can undo them?thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35240-settings-affect-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello!
Laptop: Windows XP
Work computers: Windows 2000, and server running Win 2000 Server

I have a laptop which is a part of my home network. When I am at work, I log onto our work network using wireless also. At work, I can see the workgroup and network but in order to open anything I must first enter my work username and password.

While I am at work, another work machine can pick up my laptop while I am connected to the work network. What I dont want, is for work people to be able to access my shared folders on my laptop that are normally available for my home network. I do have user accounts on my laptop with passwords but the work computers seem to bypass that and are able to open any of my shared files. How do I protect my computer from other wireless networks that I may log into?

Thanks so much,
Monique

A:Wireless Network Settings

If XP Pro and using the default file sharing, simply give file/folder permissions to only those accounts you want to have access.

If XP Home, or Pro using SFS, don't share private folders or set the Windows XP firewall to not allow exceptions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-settings.519925/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone and happy holiday I hope I am using the right forum to post my request I installed Microsoft Virtual PC on Windows Vista and created machines here are the configuration of the network PC Virtual settings machines Windows Server Domain Controller running Active Directory DNS and DHCP server IP address Default Gateway DNS Only one NIC Virtual PC network settings card and it is Local Only from the Virtual PC Windows Server member Virtual PC network settings server running Routing and Remote access Virtual PC network settings IP address DNS Default Gateway I left this blank This machine has two NIC cards One is Local Only and the second NIC card is from the Host network Windows XP Professional IP address DNS settings is set to be from the DHCP server All the machines are running fine and connected to the network and even I connected them to the Internet through the second server which is the RRAS The problem I am having I can ping all the computers by the IP address but I cannot PING the second server by the name When i ping or try to resolve the names it resolve the name by going to the NIC card from the HOST If I disable the second NIC card I can resolve the DNS problem but once I enabled back I see the same problem happening again Any idea what I did wrong in these settings any help I greatly appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-pc-network-settings.970605/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an issue with two routers on one network both having DHCP servers running one can be switched off but when it is the customer says some devices no longer receive IP addresses Please see the attached network diagram for settings Solved: help Network more information Summery of the setup DHCP server IP range DHCP server IP range Both using a subnet mask of I have given the following information These are Solved: Network settings help two different IP address ranges which could be causing the communication issue with the printer For a class C IP address with your subnet mask you can use the following settings Start host address End host address Max number of hosts Using a subnet mask of You also have your DHCP lease set for two days which is possibly why everything works for a few days and then you start getting issues I have suggested Turning one of the DHCP servers off and just use the one devices connected to the second router should still receive an IP address from the DHCP server on the other router This will stop the different IP address ranges conflicting with each other and everything should be able to communicate properly The other option is to change the subnet mask on all devices to This would give you the following IP range Start host address End host address Max number of hosts Using a subnet mask of This method would allow you to keep both DHCP servers running without causing any problems My question Is the information that I have given correct Could anyone offer a different solution Thanks drwinny nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Everyone,
This is just a minor annoyance but my laptop hops around on wireless networks a bunch.
On my testing network I need a static IP address and when I'm not on that network a dynamic one.

Is there a way to configure Windows 7 so that when I connect to my test network it goes back to the static IP settings I set up?
Like I said minor annoyance =D

Other thing that would be great is can I share my computers Wired network connection to a router that I connect wirelessly to?
This test network doesn't normally have internet connection, and it creates more work when I have to update something

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 40.85%

I currently have a Windows computer that seems to have corrupt network settings It is joined to a domain and normally connects to the internet through an internal proxy If I take it off the internal network and connect it to an external network I Windows Settings Network 7 am unable to use certain applications such as Google Earth and Adobe Creative Cloud I've ran Wireshark in the background and an it appears that the computer is still trying to access the internal proxy even though it is on an external network IE and Firefox will work with no problems I've tried resetting the WINHTTP settings to default but the computer seems to be trying to connect to whatever proxy was last set using netsh winhttp I've checked Windows 7 Network Settings the IE settings in the registry and tried mirroring them exactly to a working computer Is there any way to clear out all stored network settings I've tried resetting and reinstalling IE as well I know that a repair install will fix the issue but will break other applications

A:Windows 7 Network Settings

Start CMD with administrator privileges and write this commands below, restart after executing and post results.
netsh winsock reset 
netsh int ip reset LOG.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558600/windows-7-network-settings/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have vista on my laptop (hp pavilion with better graphics and processor) which I am trying to connect to a wireless network. The router is connected to, via cat-5 cable, with one xp desktop (dell from two years ago buggy as heck). The problem is my dad forgot to write down the wireless password so I can't connect the laptop to the router. Vista says that I can use my usb drive to transfer my network setting letting me bypass the password.

Sadly, I do not know how to put the wireless settings from the xp desktop to my usb drive and use the settings in my vista laptop without having to jam one of the objects through my head. I need help with the bold. Please help.

Relevancy 40.85%

Does anybody make software you can run on your computer that Settings Network Tool? will show all your network settings and any other settings that will affect your networks speed and functionality I am network stupid I have tried to follow network tutorials to setting up networks in the past either you get lucky and they work or unlucky and it does not work the biggest problem is you have to go to too many places too many windows to open too many different locations to go to too many options WAY TOO MANY things are assumed by the tutorial authors way too many things are assumed that users understood the first time it was explained to them most the support I have encountered assumes since the instructions were read they were completely understood by the user who has not been to network college and setup network systems Their has to be software that will scan each of your computers on your network go to ALL the locations you could possibly ever go to and report back your settings I would also thing it could WARN you if you inadvertently changed Network Settings Tool? a setting that creates a security problem OR better yet has caused a problem that will not allow your network to function properly I watched about how too videos on youtube for setting up a network was reading some of the comments and one comment was made quot how do you tell if your private home network is accessable by the whole world or just you quot I would think having the results of a system scan showing all your settings might help resolve many network problems I am having Is their such a tool or software Thanks in advance

A:Network Settings Tool?

There is a little programme that might just fix your problem. You WILL need to know your
download speeds to set it properly.
If you go to this site, the porgramme is there to download, it is called TCP optimizer
There is also help there to be able to set up your computer as well.
Speedguide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350285-network-settings-tool.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi
In winVista 64 i have a new problem. When i try to change network identification from "off" to "on" noting happens. It is still on "off". Same thing with filesharing settings. The only thing that i can acctivate is mediacharing.

I alsow have some anoying other problems. For ex. i cant use System restore " Error0x80042308.

Does anyone have an idea what it couses all this problems. I have scan with nod32.

My best regards
Gunvald

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/239130-cant-change-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello - I'm new

I wish to remove settings I put in on using "Set up a wireless network wizard" I cannot find a way to access the information to delete it.

A:Wireless Network Settings

Do you mean that you want to delete or disable a network connection you created with the wizard?

If that is what you want to do click "start/settings/network and dialup connections" and disable or delete the connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/44892/wireless-network-settings/
Relevancy 40.85%

Here's my setup: I have an XP Pro that I'm using as a print server through a main Linux-based server. I have been successful at printing from other computers on the network for some time... until recently. Since some kids got to this print server, I needed to lock it up a bit, but while doing that I think I inadvertently changed a setting that has locked up the other computers from the printer. File sharing is still working fine, printer is still shared, but there's no printing from other computers. The print server can open up files and print fine, though (but that's not the solution I'm looking for ).

Any ideas what that magic setting might be? What I need to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 40.85%

I have this user that has been on the network for years. all of a sudden after this weekend he is unable to log onto some shared folders from his own workstation. If I log on as him on a different computer, it works fine. If I go back to his computer, still can't log on. I have restarted his computer and the domain server, still no joy. Any ideas would be appreciated. Color me puzzled.

Relevancy 40.85%

I am about to reformat the HD on my laptop...is there a way to save my network settings so that once it's reformatted I can just copy those settings back into XP? I have a wireless network, and I don't care to go through the whole process again of setting up my network and file sharing...
Thank you!!

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

Here is the scenario...

I use alternate configuration for my LAN adapter to connect it from one of my customer's site, I type in the Ip address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS servers and it work fine. I have to frequently change my network settings from "obtain Ip address automatically" to static IP address based on the location. Earlier I would go to Alternate address and connect without typing the default gateway and dns server as they would be all there. I had my laptop reimaged and now I have to type the default gateway and DNS Servers everytime I connect to my customers network. So, the difference is need not type teh default gateway and DNS server Ip addresses and now I have to...Wondering how to fix this issue because I am tired of typing them again and again.

Any solutions will be appreciated.
Thanks

A:Network Adapter Settings

Just guessing here (I've had the same issue with my laptop for several years and have never fixed it) - but is the Network Location Awareness service started on the system? Go to Start...Run...and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Scroll down to this service and check it's status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109315/network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 40.42%

Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem.
It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no beeping in light where my Pc's Ethernet connection is.

Plz guys what to do, fyi last one is working right now-

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48973-multiple-ethernet-network-adapter-network-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been working with someone in the Am I Infected section for days Well it appears to be nearly impossible to fix your network connection using the tools which we are allowed to use on this forum I recommend you to post a new topic in the Malware Removal Logs forum for a more thorough look by a professional tech expert Please follow the preparation guide for posting changes settings connection Virus network in the Malware Removal Logs forum and post a new topic called Virus changes network connection settings Make sure Virus changes network connection settings to include a link back to this forum topic so that BleepingComputer staff members can see the logs posted here As you can see I have been instructed to create this post here for more thorough assistance Here is the link to the original post the previous logs and all the steps taken http www bleepingcomputer com forums t unable-to-connect-to-internet-proxy-server-refusing-connections And here is the original post HP TouchSmart Windows w Norton installed Unable to connect to internet proxy server refusing connections unable to change in internet options will not save Shows user is admin but won't let changes be made I've found a wealth of help here before and this time my boss needs help so I am trying to help him out Found a thread on microsoft stating this could be a possible virus Advised to download Hitman Spybot Malwarebytes and AVG Was able to download Hitman and run from USB Found threats and supposedly quarantined or deleted them Unable to scan with Spybot because it said needed internet connection Scanned with Malwarebytes and found no malicious and malicious Supposedly removed those as well Gen Variant Adware Graftor HEUR Trojan Win Generic Trojan Generic Troan GenerickD While running through these Norton popped up something about Bloodhound MalPE I've told him he doesn't need Norton but right now we don't know how to get rid of it Please let me know if you can help us out We will be available to post whatever is needed and proceed tomorrow Thanks in advance The Norton's has since expired Because I was instructed to do a system restore to a prior date I fear the viruses are back Either way I cannot modify the network settings and connect to the internet Because of this I had to downloaded the FRST program to a flash drive and scan Here is the first FRST log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Hannah administrator on EPTINGPC on - - Running from E Bert Loaded Profiles Hannah Available profiles Hannah Platform Windows X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files x Common Files COMODO launcher service exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Windows System hpservice exe Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology Limited C Program Files x WinZipper winzipersvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Comodo Security Solutions Inc C Program Files x Common Files COMODO GeekBuddyRSP exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe LeapFrog Enterprises Inc C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Engine n exe C Users Hannah AppData Local ConvertAd CASrv exe C Program Files x surf slide updatesurfslide exe C Program Files x surf slide ... Read more

A:Virus changes network connection settings

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums!
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Before we begin, please note the following:
I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
Instructions that I give are for your system only!
Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Your system is badly infected. It will take me some time to create a fix.

Regards,
Georgi

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567220/virus-changes-network-connection-settings/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone

Is there anyone who knows how to rollout settings of a outlookXP on a network so that i wont have to set it up a 1000 time for a 1000 different users.

To make sure that everyone understand heres an exemple -->
I want to setup ONE OutlookXP Account and spead these settings on all the other user accounts.That means that everytime a New user to my domain logs in, i don,t have nothing to setup(Exchange server,Options,Setup ect...)

PLEASE i need help with this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rollinfout-outlookxp-settings-on-a-network.172317/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi Guys

I was recently infected with trojan generic 8 and generic 15 and found that i had lost network connection sound and taskbar i use avg free and that has stopped working i have tried to turn on various services,telephony,remote access connection manager and others recommended in the forums with no success (Error1068) I have also tried to reinstall xp and been told that the version of windows i have on the computer is newer than the CD version. I am at a loss to understand what is going on any help please. Broadband router is working fine so I am able to post

John

Relevancy 40.42%

But I'm currently browsing the internet and typing to you In fact - I can do virtually everything League Steam Skype etc except use any OS feature that requires logging in - e g Mail User Accounts Shop etc Then it says something along the lines of quot Cannot use this service without an internet connection - please connect and try again quot No Settings But... Network Connection, Internet says When I run Network Diagnostics as the prompt recommends - it says I am connected and cannot find a problem It doesn't always happen - but it seems to be determined on start-up If I restart it now it might be working next launch - but of the time it will encounter the same issue It's been happening for months now but Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But... I've sort of gotten used to using my phone to check my emails - but I've now encountered an issue with one of my hard drives being unable to be searched tried indexing etc and the only step I've found Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But... that I haven't tried says Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But... it could be a corrupted user account - but I cannot update my user account without quot connecting to the internet quot - - The system is up to date No driver updates available

A:Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

It could be that something is blocked on the firewall, either in Windows or on the router (modem) settings. Was anything configured here before? Also how many network connections are active (wireless; wired; etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/26328-network-settings-says-no-internet-connection-but.html
Relevancy 40.42%

When I go to the network and sharing center and then click on change adapter settings the screen is blank except for VZAccess ( Verizon wireless device) that I just installed so that I could get online and try to resolve this issue. Could someone please guide me with instructions on how to reinstall the typical options (i.e. broadband, dsl, dial-up adapters) or perhaps where I download them and the reinstall them onto my computer? I currently have dsl connection available that was previously working (a Westell wireless modem model #A90-750015-07) supplied thru my ISP Verizon. the modem has been verified to be functioning properly.

A:Changer network Adapter Settings

Hi slbailey welcome to Sevenforums.

A quick google suggests that your Westell "modem" is actually a router, is this correct? Ie, do you connect to it through Ethernet cable? If so, what is your Network Card make and model? If you're not sure, then you can check using SF's System Specs tool here; System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181183-changer-network-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 40.42%

When setting up my wireless internet modem for the home computer, the Network and Sharing Center gives me three choices of Home Network, Work Place and Public Network. I read the help information on the subject but I am still a little confused. I use only the one home computer within my home. Should I choose the 'Home Network' option or would it be more safe and secure to choose the 'Public Network' option?

I also need to set up a VPN connection for web browsing. Here again I am asked to choose. Do I choose Public Network for this?

Thank you.

A:How do I select Network Settings in Windows 7

They're really for firewall settings. You only really want to be on public if your on an open access point. (Public connection)

While you can only setup homegroups in a home connection.

Since I don't use homegroups I always choose work

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272581-how-do-i-select-network-settings-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

My grandpa accidentally upgraded to windows 10. And since then I have unable to connect the PC to the network.

- Net work connections is empty
- ipconfig is empty
- No lights lit at the back of the PC when connecting it to the router with a Ethernet cable.
- tethering is not working

What should I do now?

Many Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51943-network-settings-connections-empty.html
Relevancy 40.42%

How would I completely reset network settings in Windows 8.1? I've been having intermittent issues with network connectivity for a while, and I want to make it like it's the first time I'm setting up a connection when my computer was new.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58415-how-completely-reset-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys,

I have intel Wireless adapter card..

wanted to get your opinion on what settings for performance can be set for these in the advanced settings on the adapter ?
ARP offload for WoWLAN - ?

Bluetooth amp.. (i do use a bluetooth sound mini speaker)
*been having issues where my internet speed drops to a crawl when that bluetooth speaker is connected..)
Mixed mode protection - what is this and what is the best setting for speed..

Fatchannel intolerant -?

GTK rekeying for WoWLAN
HT mode

NS offload for WoWLAN

Packet Coalescing

Roaming Aggressiveness - i guess this goes on "lowest"
Throughput Booster - its off right now??

U-APSD support

Wake on Magic Packet...

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57559-performance-settings-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have read Wikipedia this site other googled things etc etc and I've asked and people have tried to explain the networking routing principles to me thanks but I have trouble knowing what is going on in a practical sense I have a router which was configured to be used with an ISP which I never connected with The ISP I did connect with gave me some settings to enter into the router which connected me ok but the computer firewall would give me messages that some part of it was being blocked from talking to another part I Lost Connection - Settings? Network Again queried the settings with the ISP and the person I spoke to Lost Again - Network Connection Settings? said to change the settings in Windows disabled DHCP put in some addresses - she said it was changing to static from dynamic The settings in the Lost Again - Network Connection Settings? router now don't seem to match up with the settings in Windows My complete ignorance about what Windows is doing what the router is doing etc is again significant because I downloaded Puppy Linux and to set this up Lost Again - Network Connection Settings? to connect to the internet it is talking about all of this stuff that I don't understand I presume that I have to tell Puppy not to use DHCP and to put in the DNS addresses for the ISP the same way the Windows connection is configured but I don't know what it all means Is anybody able to explain this in very basic terms Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88478/lost-again-network-connection-settings/
Relevancy 40.42%

I don't normally have to post questions becasue I can usually search and read enough on these formus to fix my own issues but this one is tough System Details Vista Home Vista Loses Network Settings Premium -bit desktop Linksys Wireless-G PCI card I use MS Essentials for AV Symptoms At first I noticed slow network connection Then it seemed that the connection was flaky It would not properly negotiate DHCP I would notice that my IP would revert to Vista Loses Network Settings the default x x So I set Vista Loses Network Settings the connection up as a static IP Then it would intermittently lose the gateway setting I can now no longer get the PC on the web becasue I can't get a valid IP to take effect The settings in the properties don't seem to affect what I see in the status details of the connection IT is stuck on What I have done So far I have done a REboot in safe mode and Malware Bytes scan ComboFix CCLeaner and MS Security Essentials scan I have executed the Norton removal tool reset the TCP stack using the NetShell utility I have tried adding another NIC USB Wifi which showed the same symptoms I have NOT tried uninstalling the NIC driver Vista Loses Network Settings and letting windows re-install it This doens't feel like a virus malware issue but I could be wrong I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give Also if I could provide any extra details that would help please let me know Thanks in Advance

A:Vista Loses Network Settings

Well i am starting to thk its the modem/router. if you keep getting a locallink address (169***) and setting it manually, the only thing left is the source side (DHCP from modem). i dont suppose you have another modem/router to try hey?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522690/vista-loses-network-settings/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

Where can I see what my firewall settings for a network connection is?

Debi

A:Where can I see what my firewall settings for a network connection is?

Hi,

Where can I see what my firewall settings for a network connection is?

Debi

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-can-i-see-what-my-firewall-settings-for-a-network-connection-is-80917.html
Relevancy 40.42%

1. trying to register my home network.
2. would like to connect my upstairs computer ( Vista ) to d/stairs computer ( xp ) . How to do it?

A:Register my home network settings

PC Chuck's Windows XP And Vista On The LAN Together

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/register-my-home-network-settings.910594/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have changed the network settings on a Windows XP Pro machine and after rebooting it no longer lets me logon After entering the username and password at the XP Pro logon screen it tells me quot The system could not log you on Make sure your username and domain are correct quot The problem was caused when I used the Network setup wizard to change the network settings from a business network to a home network I guess that I have removed the domain settings or something and that it is now trying to logon to WORKGROUP rather than the domain that it used to logon to when it was used in the office It is a laptop and it has not been in the office for months and it has not connected to the office network for months I thought changing it to a home network would let me share its drives with other machines in the house I can t take it back to the office to logon as I don t work there My question is how do i get to logon to this machine again I can t find an option to let me enter a domain name and even if I could I don t know the full name of the domain it used to connect to nbsp

A:Cannot logon to XP after changing network settings

First thing I would tell you to do is restart the computer and hold F8 (Safe Mode) or what ever key is for safe mode on your PC. And try to log onto the administrator User under Safe Mode, and then either reset your network settings back to a default setting, or look at the user information and change it back to default settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-logon-to-xp-after-changing-network-settings.693007/
Relevancy 40.42%

I've just installed a new draft N wifi router to replace my previous B/G router. Perhaps foolishly, I kept the same name for my home network. My new Acer TravelMate, which has draft N capability, was happy (but slow) on the old system and works OK when I connect it to the new router by ethernet. However when I to connect it via wifi it says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network".

That doesn't greatly surprise me, but I can't find how to clear out the old settings. If I can get rid of them I'm in business. Any ideas anyone?

A:How can I delete unwanted network settings?

this link might be helpful:

"The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195528-how-can-i-delete-unwanted-network-settings.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello I am not an expert with computers but I have cleaned up Malware before Unfortunately I may know enough about Network Connection/Settings Problems computers to get in trouble but hopefully someone can help me I am trying to clean up my Network Connection/Settings Problems parents computer which was infected with malware The computer seems to be clean after using multiple anti-malware programs details below but now the computer does not want to update Malwarebytes or Adaware and it doesn t want to map drives It will access the Internet and the browsers Mozilla Firefox and IE seem to be working fine no signs that they are hijacked Microsoft Security Essentials Super Anti-Spyware and Spybot Search and Destroy all seem to update fine Windows Updates are being downloaded and installed as well The computer is running XP Home SP I don t know if it had SP before or after I installed a ton of Windows Updates The computer had been pretty behind on updates It was also running McAfee antivirus which was up to date but didn t seem to catch any of the problems The computer had a bad malware infection Symptoms were Desktop Icons Hidden Programs in All Programs were missing They said Empty Task Manager was disabled A ton of error messages were popping up but I don t remember what they said I took the computer from my parents house because they have dial up and my network at work is much faster I removed the hard drive and used an adapter to connect it as an external drive on a clean PC I ran scans with ForeFront Antivirus Corporate version of Microsoft Security Essentials and with MalwareBytes which removed or cleaned several problems Some things that ForeFront found were FakeSysdef Alureon Sirefef B DoFoil L But the Desktop icons and programs were still missing when I re-installed the hard drive I did some research online and found posts in forums that mentioned ComboFix and Unhide I read the disclaimer about not running ComboFix without supervision but I assumed I knew what I was doing mistake sorry The Unhide program did unhide the icons and programs so I was starting to think that all was well After a restart I uninstalled McAfee and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials It installed and updated fine I also tried to update MalwareBytes and that failed The error message MalwareBytes gave was Update failed Make sure you are connected to the Internet and your firewall is set to allow MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to access the internet I made sure the computer was connected to the internet No change I also tried re-installing MalwareBytes thinking the malware infection damaged it Then tried to update No luck Adaware had been previously installed so I tried updating it Wouldn t work The Internet Browsers seemed fine and I was in the process of installing Windows Updates I also tried allowing MalwareBytes in the firewall settings and also turning the firewall off but that didn t help I asked a computer tech in my department IT about what might fix the problem and he recommended WinSockFix which we have on a server I tried to map to the server and got this error The drive could not be mapped because no network was found I installed WinSockFix and it didn t make a difference Sorry for the novel but I am trying to share as many details as possible I really want to get this computer working right Everything else I have tried seems ok I don t know if there are any other network problems that I haven t discovered yet I haven t been able to test the dial up connection yet either By the way I am not running all of the anti-malware programs at once The only programs running together are Security Essentials and Super Anti-spyware Thanks for any help you can give

A:Network Connection/Settings Problems

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.Including a link to this thread will be helpful. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427153/network-connectionsettings-problems/