Windows Support Forum

Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Q: Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 111.37%
A:Why is "time remaining" in copying rearly accurate

Give About 1 hour remaining for someone smarter to answer :-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/284730-why-time-remaining-copying-rearly-accurate.html
Relevancy 104.49%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 103.2%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I have two MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboards on two different computers A getting Sculpt few keyboard "stuck" after holding a Ergonomic seconds Keys on for MS lenovo T s with -bit Win and a self-built Intel-based desktop with -bit Windows and both are exhibiting the same behavior nbsp Namely if CTRL or ALT are held down for a Keys getting "stuck" after holding for a few seconds on MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard few seconds they quot stick quot on nbsp The key itself does not stick but Windows acts as if the key is still being held even after being released nbsp Pressing the quot stuck quot key again toggles it off nbsp This only happens with the CTRL amp ALT keys that I have seen StickyKeys and ToggleKeys are not enabled The behavior is consistently reproduceable Both machines have the most recent version of the MS Mouse and Keyboard Center installed Removing everything under Keyboard in Device Manager and rebooting has not resolved the issue The behavior does not occur with the integrated keyboard on the laptop nor does it occur with a USB keyboard Someone online hypothesized that this behavior was the result of the keyboard simply stopping the sending of the pressed key after a key is held for a period of time assumedly to prevent something sitting on the keyboard from draining the battery nbsp This can be seen in something like notepad if I hold a letter key down it repeats for about seconds and then stops nbsp Perhaps this is what is happening with the CTRL and ALT keys nbsp After being held down for a few seconds the keyboard stops sending the signal indicating that the CTRL or ALT are being held down but does not send the signal that the key has been lifted nbsp Thus Windows acts as if it's still being held down nbsp That is just conjecture but does fit the symptoms nbsp So has anyone else encountered this issue nbsp Have they found a fix nbsp Is there any way to disable the feature of the keyboard where it stops sending a given keypress if held down for a period of time Or extend that period of time

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bf81162-0a18-4836-9634-bacd42745c10/keys-getting-quotstuckquot-after-holding-for-a-few-seconds-on-ms-sculpt-ergonomic-keyboard?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 98.47%

I have two MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboards on two different computers A lenovo on keyboard after [SOLVED] "stuck" Keys holding getting MS Ergonomic a Sculpt for seconds few T s with -bit Win and a [SOLVED] Keys getting "stuck" after holding for a few seconds on MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard self-built Intel-based desktop with -bit Windows and both are exhibiting the same behavior nbsp Namely if CTRL or ALT are held down for a few seconds they quot stick quot on nbsp The key itself does not stick but Windows acts as if the key is still being held even after being released nbsp Pressing the quot stuck quot key again toggles it off nbsp This only happens with the CTRL amp ALT keys that I have seen StickyKeys and ToggleKeys are not [SOLVED] Keys getting "stuck" after holding for a few seconds on MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard enabled The behavior is consistently reproduceable Both machines have the most recent version of the MS Mouse and Keyboard Center installed Removing everything under Keyboard in Device Manager and rebooting has [SOLVED] Keys getting "stuck" after holding for a few seconds on MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard not resolved the issue The behavior does not occur with the integrated keyboard on the laptop nor does it occur with a USB keyboard Someone online hypothesized that this behavior was the result of the keyboard simply stopping the sending of the pressed key after a key is held for a period of time assumedly to prevent something sitting on the keyboard from draining the battery nbsp This can be seen in something like notepad if I hold a letter key down it repeats for about seconds and then stops nbsp Perhaps this is what is happening with the CTRL and ALT keys nbsp After being held down for a few seconds the keyboard stops sending the signal indicating that the CTRL or ALT are being held down but does not send the signal that the key has been lifted nbsp Thus Windows acts as if it's still being held down nbsp That is just conjecture but does fit the symptoms nbsp So has anyone else encountered this issue nbsp Have they found a fix nbsp Is there any way to disable the feature of the keyboard where it stops sending a given keypress if held down for a period of time Or extend that period of time

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bf81162-0a18-4836-9634-bacd42745c10/solved-keys-getting-quotstuckquot-after-holding-for-a-few-seconds-on-ms-sculpt-ergonomic?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 92.02%

This happens almost every time I connect any one of my flash memory modules, USB, SD-Card, CF.

I get this message:
Do you want to scan and fix (various drives)
There might be a problem yada, yada,yada.

Well, I've scanned and scanned and scanned and there is never a problem found. After dealing with these false alarms for months, I'm now asking if there is a fix for this?

A:Windows is crying "wolf" on flash drives

uninstall and reinstall your usb root hub drivers may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-is-crying-wolf-on-flash-drives.1014375/
Relevancy 92.02%

Bought 4 PNY 16GB USB thumb drives and every time I try to format them, the computer kicks back that they are write protected. Have tried ALL the solutions listed and explained in the 10 forums here, and nothing works to disable the write protection on my machine. Tried diskpart, Command Prompt, and Computer Configuration and nothing resolves my problem. BTW, there's no switch on these USB drives.
Anybody know of a fix?
My machine is Dell Optiplex 960 w/6 Gb memory.
Thanks for reading my post and possibly helping me,
73s

A:USB thumb flash drives are "write protected"

Hello kc4raf, and welcome to Ten Forums.

You might see if any of the options in the tutorial below may be able to help.

Disk Write Protection - Enable or Disable in Windows

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55877-usb-thumb-flash-drives-write-protected.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I recently purchased a new computer that has Windows 8.  One of my many flash/thumb drives is now suddenly marked "write-protected" when I did nothing to make it so.  I found a solution listed for Windows 7.  I applied it to my
own computer, however it did not change the said drive from write-protected to un-write protected.  I simply want to move files to another storage device and re-format the write-protected drive for new files.  How do I un-write-protect my flash/thumb
drive in the Windows 8 operating system?

A:How do I "un-write protect" USB flash drives?

Hi, 
DiskPart is a text-mode command interpreter in Windows family. This tool enables you to manage objects (disks, partitions, or volumes) by using scripts or direct input at a command prompt.
As Robert mentioned, please run CMD as administration, and use this command to clear read-only attribute on your flash drive.

diskpart
sel disk <usb-disk>
attrib disk clear Readonly
attrib disk
DiskPart Command-Line Options
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766465(v=ws.10).aspx
If the issue persists, please follow steps in this article to check the issue:

How To Fix Write Protection Errors On a USB Stick
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-fix-write-protection-errors-on-a-usb-stick/
This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore,
Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you
completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
If we still fail to fix this issue, I suppose that the chipset of this drive is broken. We may need to reproduce this drive. If the your data is very important for you, to recover your data from hard disk,  I would like to suggest you contact the professional
data recovery company for help. 
Hope these could be helpful.

Kate Li
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d058885-a4a2-448b-a309-5d78c07a8470/how-do-i-quotunwrite-protectquot-usb-flash-drives?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi..
Every time I turn on my PC it doesn't get passed "Detecting IDE drives". Up until recently it wouldn't open at all (didn't even give signal to the screen). I fixed (or so I thought) that by changing the power cable with the one from my old computer and by opening the Tower and cleaning the fan. When it opened first time it got up to the point where the WINDOWS (XP Home to be exact) are loaded and it restarted itself. Not Safe Mode made a difference. I turned it off and tried again. After several such failed attempts it stuck where I wrote at the beginning.
Any suggestions to fix it?

A:Stuck at "detecting IDE drives"

Check the connections to the hard drive(s). If the connections are good, you may be dealing with a bad C drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-detecting-ide-drives.179153/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi

New installation of windows 7 ultimate 32bit and on trying to copy a 38gb folder from c drive to d drive, pc gives bsod.
Lately playing world of tanks is resulting in system lock ups,please can anyone help

Frosty

A:bsod copying files from "c" to "d" drive and system lock ups

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309096-bsod-copying-files-c-d-drive-system-lock-ups.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 87.72%

Note this is a mirror of "Finishing Setup Q963 After Intel Installation" Windows with 7 Freezes a very similar thread over on Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 the Microsoft forums So I got this Optiplex and figured I could just throw in a hard drive install Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963 Windows and everything would be good This has actually been the most frustrating setup I've ever experienced - full details after the break specs Dell Optiplex Intel Core Duo Ghz GB of RAM MM KW Standard Motherboard Intel Q Graphics So like I said before I grabbed a hard drive and threw it in I discovered that I needed to change some settings in the BIOS that had been mucked up by the previous owner reset from a motherboard battery change perhaps by disabling the nonexistent floppy drive and enabling the SATA port that my fancy shmancy SATA hard drive was on Useless details aside I got things to a workable point and proceeded on to install Windows Everything went smoothly - I put the DVD in it asked me where I wanted to put Windows at so I cleared the drive and it got to work It went through all the checkboxes except for the last one and reported that it needed to reboot - still completely normal After a rebooty we got to the quot finishing installation quot phase and the screen blanked out at the point where it loads the graphic drivers to a black screen with no mouse The monitor's quot info quot button revealed that the computer was now outputting x to it which meant it had located the graphic driver Subsequent restarts of the computer would get you past the Windows logo but it would always lock up the computer the second it changed the resolution Safe mode is prohibited by the computer until setup is complete With this in mind I took the hard drive out and put it in a less troublesome computer and ran the setup with no network access After it was done I put the hard drive back in the Dell and to my surprise it started Of course since I had just transplanted the hard drive it went and installed drivers for fifty new things and suggested I restart the machine which I did Once it restarted the same thing happened as before which tells me hopefully I'm on the right tracks here that it is a driver problem Now I have the advantage of being able to use safemode though I booted inito safemode and just uninstalled the graphic drivers they dheidn't look like the generic ones and restarted This time it started hooray Of course the display was in x because we were using the generic driver but everything else was good I downloaded the driver from the Intel website which reads in device manager quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family the stock one read quot Intel R Q Q Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM quot After rebooting I discovered that the one from Intel's webpage does the same thing My question is this is there anywhere that I can get a proper working driver for the Intel Q graphics I would like to be able to use the computer outside of safemode Things I have tried Dell BIOS Update - Unsuccessful I'm running Bit Windows and it's one of those Windows based BIOS updates that refuses to run on a Bit version of Windows I was able to bypass this problem on a Lenovo computer by using Active BootDisc and run the installer from in there but I don't get anywhere with this one for some reason Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance - B

A:Windows 7 Setup Freezes After "Finishing Installation" with Intel Q963

Have you tried the Dell support site to see if they have the proper drivers for that PC with Win 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209429-windows-7-setup-freezes-after-finishing-installation-intel-q963.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hey, I posted this on a very old thread with the same BSOD but after a few days I didn't get anything so thought maybe I'd better post my own thread.

If that was the wrong assumption, my apologies.

I've attached my files below, lemme know if I'm missing anything. I've also enabled drive verifiers.

Edit.

I've had verifiers on for two days, as of posting this. So far no BSODs.

A:"Irql gt zero at system service" usually when finishing a game of LoL

Please for the sake of testing uninstall BitDefender using the BitDefender Removal Tool. Replace it with a combination of MSE and Mbam. Tip: when installing Mbam be sure to uncheck the box offering to start a free trial. and so you don't think I am just shooting blind here in every one of your debug logs the running process during the crash was a BitDefender component:

Code:
Debugging Details:
------------------
PROCESS_NAME: vsserv.exe

BUGCHECK_STR: RAISED_IRQL_FAULT

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`772d138a ?? ???

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000308e569 to fffff8000308efc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02eae928 fffff800`0308e569 : 00000000`0000004a 00000000`772d138a 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02eae930 fffff800`0308e4a0 : 00000000`000008d0 fffff880`02eaeb60 00000000`00000000 fffff800`03374be3 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`02eaea70 00000000`772d138a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x245
00000000`1bbefcc8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x772d138a
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
fffff800`0308e4a0 4883ec50 sub rsp,50h

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_RAISED_IRQL_FAULT_vsserv.exe_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245

BUCKET_ID: X64_RAISED_IRQL_FAULT_vsserv.exe_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
vsserv.exe - What is vsserv.exe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280996-irql-gt-zero-system-service-usually-when-finishing-game-lol.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi,

Not sure when this happend, but all of a sudden files I download form the web (using Chrome) take much longer to save to disk. The download itself has not been affected, but the file stays on "Opening when complete" status for around 30 seconds instead of immediately opening.
I attached the screenshot.

Can anyone suggest what is causing this?

Best
Boaz

A:File stays on "Opening when complete" after finishing D/L

Hi and welcome to 7F. What antivirus are you using and have you tried downloading the same file with a different browser

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353399-file-stays-opening-when-complete-after-finishing-d-l.html
Relevancy 86.43%

As this question was never answered I ll post it verbatim with my own comments below See original post here http forums techguy org windows-vista -flash-drive-s-active-light html In all "active" doesn't when off Vista turn drive's removed" light Flash in "safely operating systems up Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed" to Vista the flash drive s quot active quot light turns off when I go Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed" through the disconnect procedure but in Vista it doesn t I have traditionally used this as part of my explanation to others and a convenience to myself about when to not to remove the flash drive from its USB port This is a problem common to all Vista systems I ve seen Why does the light not turn off in Vista And is there an easy way to correct Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed" this Additional information I have eliminated this problem being hardware-related I have loaded Vista onto one of my systems here that previously had Windows then XP on it and it was only with the loading of Vista that the problem developed on this system Just to be absolutely sure I did a restore of a previous image of Windows and the problem went away again I put Vista back on and the problem came back So this is strictly a Vista problem Click to expand I have had the same problem with every Vista system I have used and every flash drive note this means SSD NAND flash not HDD s or card adapters AS the last discussion degraded into useless questions about hardware and other OS s let s get a confirmation that someone out there actually has a flash drive that turns its active light off when safely removed in Vista If not can anyone answer the questions below Why would they change this from all previous OS versions Why does the quot safe to remove quot have a confirmation box that must be OK d when XP merely played a set sound Is this just another backwards step windows is taking to justify quot improvements quot with the next version nbsp

A:Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed"

have done a litte research and testing in my lab on several machines and have confirmd the problem. What it seems to indicate to me is that, in Vista, the light simply indicates power, not data transfer. Whenever I am transferring data, the light blinks.

While I have never actually tested it, I do not belive that the "safely remove" feature actually kills all power to the USB port in XP. If that is the case, then there is really no danger as long as vista has acknowledged the disconnect and knows not to try to write data to the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drives-active-light-doesnt-turn-off-in-vista-when-safely-removed.776056/
Relevancy 86%

Hello, got a bit of an odd problem, not sure if it's an outlook or a server issue but I'm suspecting outlook.
We're running terminal services with windows server 2008 and for the most part it's grand, but there's one user that has a bit of a problem.
When they send mail the mail gets sent no problem but about a quarter of the time the frame of the message remains. The border is there but the main text field is transparent. It'll stay there until it's closed.

It's not exactly mission critical but it's rather odd and I haven't been able to do anything about it so far

any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-frames-remaining-after-sending-mail-from-outlook.790483/
Relevancy 86%

I've searched around the forums and all I can seem to find are people with one or two dead pixels (the absolute max I saw was 8). On the left side of my monitor, I have an extremely large amount of dead pixels. It's about the size of two quarters. It started out small (as a single pixel - then a single line - then a large blob). I've tried just about everything to get rid of it. I've tried massaging it out, using websites/software like www.jscreenfix.com, to no avail. I really don't have the money for a new monitor. Any ideas? Thanks!

Here is an image:[img=http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5543/img2729c.th.jpg]

Relevancy 86%

Hi.

I accidentally pulled the plug out of my computer when it was in the middle of shutting down. Now that I've tried to reboot it, I get a screen saying:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Whenever I click on any of the options above, I always ends up back at the same screen, suggest the above options again. I've tried rebooting I again a few times but nothing works?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Relevancy 86%

I am stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"
When I choose "Start Windows Normally",it gives me blue screen with the following error:Unmountable_Boot_Volume.On "Launch startup repair" I am stuck on the Windows 7 wallpaper with cursor and can't even open Cmd trough Shift+F10.I've tried re-installing windows from USB stick and I am also stuck on "Setup is Starting".Any help please,and how much I am screwed?
P.S-On Advanced boot options I can't use Safe Mode,Safe Mode with Networking,Safe Mode with Command prompt and Last Known Good Configuration,it gets me back to "Start Windows Normally" and "Launch startup repair".

A:Stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"

Time to boot to an external testing/repair environment, such as a Win7 Repair disk or a hard drive test disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365597-stuck-start-windows-normally-launch-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Note I can't take any screen shots because my problematic laptop won't even start up fully So as a bit of background my -year-old Toshiba A -S laptop battery has been horrible for "configuring down..." stuck updates" "shutting after in Laptop ages as in my laptop MUST Laptop stuck in "shutting down..." after "configuring updates" be plugged in at all times or else it will immediately spontaneously turn off without a proper shut-down It also spontaneously turns off it it overheats or starts working too hard or something so I don't use it very much - but it's where I keep all my music and movies and I've been gradually transferring these files to other devices which is why I still use it occasionally Anyway nights ago I downloaded and installed updates and after taking a while to install updates it stayed on the quot shutting down quot screen for a long time And when I woke up the next morning it was STILL on the quot shutting down quot screen - and it had been hours by that point I was actually very surprised that it hadn't spontaneously turned off overnight So I did a force-turn-off because I thought it would start up ok Today I turned on the computer figuring it would boot up ok So we get to the start-up screen - it even spends a mere split second on the usual improper-shut-down-how-would-you-like-to-start-up screen it usually spends seconds on that screen and it goes through quot configuring updates quot and this took a while and then it went back to the quot shutting down quot screen And it was stuck there for about minutes before I did another force-turn-off and turned it on again because sometimes something that doesn't work one time does indeed work the next time But not this time It went through the same quot configuring updates quot and quot shutting down quot screens and it's now been stuck on quot shutting down quot for about minutes So what can I do to fix it I can't figure out how to get it to fully boot up because paragraph above just happens over and over again Will I have to take out the hard drive and finally retire my computer Would I be able to take out the hard drive and recover my files Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394020-laptop-stuck-shutting-down-after-configuring-updates.html
Relevancy 83.85%

New to the "Windows drives Cannot my Access" WD "My Book NAS Live" forum hoping to find answers or new ideas to try My Win OS computer has problems seeing my WD network drives most of the time I'll "Windows Cannot Access" my WD "My Book Live" NAS drives say up front that my Macbook my Windows XP laptops all other computers of "Windows Cannot Access" my WD "My Book Live" NAS drives various types in my house see and access these drives just fine but the one with Windows Pro will not It occasionally will see and access them for short periods of random time though which really has me baffled These drives are right on the same network switch as the Win computer The scenario goes like this click on the drive name to view contents or so seconds pass popup says quot Windows cannot access drive-name quot I try the second NAS drive same thing I try the quot diagnose quot feature to no avail I've even explored some of the quot explore additional options quot suggestions to no avail I can ping the IP addresses of both these drives all day long and they respond without fail Weird thing is that very occasionally I will click the drive and the file folders show up and I can transfer files or whatever I want for a short random period of time I swear this problem is driving me crazy I've been resorting to using a flash drive to transfer files on this computer's HD to the WD network drives via an XP OS computer or via the Macbook I like Windows other than this very frustrating problem Soooo any ideas or suggestions Anyone else have this issue and figured it out TIA for any and all comments and help

A:"Windows Cannot Access" my WD "My Book Live" NAS drives

have you tried to access it via the IP address rather than hostname? It may be DNS causing an issue

For example in the Windows Explorer navigation bar type the following

\\{IP address}\share

Have you tried to map the drive at all?

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303101-windows-cannot-access-my-wd-my-book-live-nas-drives.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Here s a strange one All of my DVD-RW drives are appearing as Local Disks when I view them in quot My Computer quot Moist of the drives in question are external firewire and DVD-RW As Drives In Disks" Listed "My "Local Computer" USB however my integrated DRD-RW is also effected Oddly all of the drives are fully functional when used for burning playing media and they all appear properly in the Windows Disk Management console and applications that would require optical media burning software and the like That being the case I guess this is more in the quot annoyance quot category as functionality is not the DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" problem In any case I have tried all the quick fixes I can think of i e change drive letters and reboot uninstall DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" and search for new hardware disable enable In all of the above operations the drives briefly re-appear in quot My Computer quot all listed simply as quot CD Drive quot However once I ve accessed any DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" of the drives they revert to quot Local Disk quot This is a rather new W x PC Didn t notice anything strange with the drives initially The problem just sort of appeared after a reboot Any explanations suggestions appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

So after my Period class ended I headed off to my spare class to work on some assignments on the Mac My Flash Drive worked perfectly fine in and before Period then in Period it wasn't working On the Mac during my Period it "Needs be to and "Not Formatted" error USB Drive Accessible" Flash said quot Disk not accessible quot with three options I then tried four other computers using Windows and it shown quot G is not accessible - The Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" loaded and that the volume is not corrupted quot At home I plugged in the Flash Drive using Windows HP bit and the same error occurred So I tried the following things Downloading Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" over literally eight useless programs that searched in the Flash Drive and then asked for money didn't find any files at all or said quot Disk is not Valid quot Went into cmd and typed chkdsk d r Renamed the portion letter Deleting then installing the drivers unplugging then plugging the Flash Drive in It seems the drive is corrupt and I am not sure if it can be fixed at all even by the world's professionals Not too sure but I am hoping this can be fixed even if I have to send it to a store to use their software to recover my files and get the off that drive asap I have all important graphic and science work on there I have work that needs to be handed in around one week from today I never kept backups as this drive has worked with my for over - years with absolutely no problems like this I have switched on and off of using Windows and Macs with this drive before too PS My Flash Drive was at on the capacity display then when I plugged it in after Period it turned up like this PSS The drive's LED lights up so I don't think it is necessarily quot dead quot This is a very dear and important issue for me Thanks to all anyone who solves this

A:Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted"

Hi MattJoey,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Try partition recovery with the Partition Recovery Wizard in MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6 Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

or TestDisk (Windows version) TestDisk - CGSecurity

A trial using these for partition recovery that should help, here: Recover a flash drive turned RAW ? Partition Wizard and TestDisk.

( Read only the partition recovery portions in it. Do not attempt zero-write which I did to convert a good pendrive inaccessible for the recovery trial. You already have a bad drive. )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268721-flash-drive-usb-error-not-accessible-needs-formatted.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Have an end user who s on W k using Office SR- Premium We are also using sent remaining "outbox" in emails MS Exchange She has random sent emails that instead of ending up in her sent items folder are remaining in the outbox If you open up the email it has the timestamp it was sent emails remaining in "outbox" sent out at and she is getting replies to the email s Our Exchange server is set to instantly send emails once you click on sent emails remaining in "outbox" quot send quot The one sent emails remaining in "outbox" quot curve quot w all this is that she is moving emails from her inbox to various archive email folders and then replying to them from there However there doesn t seem to be a pattern as to which emails get stuck in the outbox and those that end up in the sent folder I have recreated her profile and that did not solve the issue No one else w in the co is experiencing this issue just her Any ideas suggestions Thanks Jim nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sent-emails-remaining-in-outbox.285478/
Relevancy 83.42%

Have an end user who s on W k using Office SR- Premium We are also using MS Exchange She has random sent emails that instead of ending up in her sent items folder are remaining in the outbox If you open up the email it has the timestamp it was sent out at and she is getting replies to the email s Our Exchange server is set to instantly send emails once you click on quot send quot The one quot curve quot w all this is that she is moving emails from her inbox to various archive email folders and then replying to them from there However there doesn t seem to be a pattern as to which emails get stuck in the outbox and those that end up in the sent folder I have recreated her profile and that did not solve the issue No one else w in the co is experiencing this issue just her Any ideas suggestions Thanks Jim nbsp

A:sent emails remaining in "outbox"

oops - sorry. Wrong forum.

I'll post this over in the correct one. Please feel free to remove this one.

Thanks,

Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sent-emails-remaining-in-outbox.285442/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi everyone All my experience is with XP but my partners windows laptop has this problem and I am stuck it is a Dell laptop latitude E about G ram no external devices fitted Laptop starts to boot I log in quot welcome quot screen comes up but never finishes processing Harddrive light keeps on pumping endlessly I tried to boot in quot safe mode quot and it stops at exactly the same spot I tried to run System restore I can pick a restore point OK and it loads it but then gets stuck on finishing restore similar to the welcome screen thing - it just keeps on processing Start work "sfc stuck get screen /scannow" "welcome" on cant to up repair both from harddrive or dvd both say it cant find anything wrong Ran the command prompt Sfc scannow it runs beginning verification phase of system scan it gets to Verification then displays the line windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Any ideas of where I can go from here all Ideas welcomed greatfully - she might expire without her laptop

A:stuck on "welcome" screen cant get "sfc /scannow" to work

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at this Microsoft article: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

When the system file checker runs it creates a log file, which should help you pinpoint which file couldn't be repaired.

However, if you can't get into Windows you might want to check this tutorial: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Did your partner create a set of Dell recovery discs or does she have a Windows 7 DVD?

If all else fails, you may have to re-install Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231909-stuck-welcome-screen-cant-get-sfc-scannow-work.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Would like to not have UAC pop-up for files & folders on non-C: drives, so expect they need to have "full control". Default is Special Permissions. Is there a way to default to "full control" when new folders are created, or do I need to mod permissions for each one? Note that I am NOT talking about anything on the o/s drive C:.

A:Permissions for non-system, "user" drives; not "c:"

How about right clicking the non C drive - clicking Properties - Security tab? Setting full control there for the entire drive? Does that work for you bro?

Thanks,
Robo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286493-permissions-non-system-user-drives-not-c.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am running Windows bit Apparently I scanned my system using full system scan AVAST and left my computer on thinking it would take screen or wait&quot; off turn [SOLVED] &quot;Configuring windows. not on Do &quot;Please Stuck your for many hours When I came back my computer automatically shutdown because it was left standby for about hours I don't know if the scan was finished When I try to boot the screen gets [SOLVED] Stuck on &quot;Please wait&quot; screen or &quot;Configuring windows. Do not turn off your stuck on quot please wait quot screen or quot configuring windows Do not turn off your computer quot I already tried going to System Recovery Options screen then going to Troubleshoot then Advanced Options but I tried everything there and still the issue persists even when I tried to boot in safe mode I tried going to command prompt and type sfc scannow but it says it can't scan right now I also [SOLVED] Stuck on &quot;Please wait&quot; screen or &quot;Configuring windows. Do not turn off your tried chkdsk R but it says the same I don't know how to run cmd as administrator from the System Recovery Options So now I tried to use system restore but I am stuck to the windows logo for about and half hour I don't know if I should wait for this or it is already stuck In other forums I read they used system restore with only the quot C quot disk group connected Should I also do this I am thinking to remove AVAST or somehow disable it Please help me

A:[SOLVED] Stuck on &quot;Please wait&quot; screen or &quot;Configuring windows. Do not turn off your

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your Windows 8 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-stuck-on-and-quot-please-wait-and-quot-screen-or-and-quot-configuring-windows-do-not-turn-off-your-702996.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I don't remember when it happened. But this is the current situation:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8228/51296263.jpg

Specs:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/GbeTech/Compspecs2.gif?t=1250505503

Further explanation: I've set 1 virtual drive with Daemon Tools, which should be shown in My computer, but isn't. Also my two hardware CD/DVD Drives aren't recognized, and when I put discs in it, nothing shows up (I can't burn as well).

Seems like a simple fix, I just don't know what those exclamation marks mean.

Thanks!

A:Solved: CD/DVD Drives unrecognized w/ yellow "!" in Device Manager, Virtual drives do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-dvd-drives-unrecognized-w-yellow-in-device-manager-virtual-drives-do.853045/
Relevancy 79.55%

Afternoon I'm a bit boggled by this issue we / 7 "mapped stuck files" "stand-by" files Windows Large in are having on a PC at our office It seems that the PC normally will boot up and the memory usage will be low GB GB until - minutes go by then it shoots up GB GB It's really odd and I can't explain it since no applications are started I took it upon myself and downloaded RamMap Using RamMap I was able to determine that the memory is caused by quot mapped files quot under quot file summary quot I Windows 7 Large files stuck in "mapped files" / "stand-by" can see the two large files which are to blame But I'm not able delete these currently until tomorrow to confirm the user doesn't need them What I'm looking for is an answer as to why these files seem to be singled out Thanks in advance I've included a screenshot to the RamMap findings and my understanding with how memory is handled is limited EDIT - I can see now only large file is being selected for quot mapped file quot

A:Windows 7 Large files stuck in "mapped files" / "stand-by"

Attachments -

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398103-windows-7-large-files-stuck-mapped-files-stand.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have Acer laptop Win7 Pro x64 SP1. When I try to shut down or restart my system it gets stuck at either "logging off" stage or sometimes it gets past that but hangs up on "shutting down". I've let them run for over an hour & nothing happens. I have to hold down the Power button to turn off machine. Upon reboot the system say there was a problem during shut down do you want
to "restart normally" "safe mode" etc.. Now when I go into safe mode I can close down no problem. I have tried "boot to last known good config" doesn't help. I don't think there was a "restore point" made to go back to. Why is this happening & how can I fix it.
Thanks!

A:PC gets stuck during "Logging off" & "Shutting down".

If safe mode doesn't have that problem it will most likely be a bad or incompatible third-party device driver that's causing it, since safe mode doesn't load any third-party drivers.

Typically the bad driver will be the one that was installed last, just before the problem was first noticed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-gets-stuck-during-logging-off-and-shutting-down-602162.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Whenever I open up "My Computer", I get stuck on a screen that has just the flashlight looking for files.

Whenever I use a drop down menu in programs such as My Documents and even things like MS Word, the comp freezes up. It's as if the directory isn't being listed cos something is stopping it from doing so.

Just an update.
My Compute eventually shows up, after about two or three minutes. It's a pain.

THe computer is brand new. Ocasionally, the left bar, with "Similiar Places" "Details and other things similiar appears, then disappears, and the comp searches again.

Attached is an example of the drives not showing up...
I was lucky the thing didn't freeze after opening the drop down..

Attached an image of the prob.

A:"My Computer" stuck on "Searching"

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonWesker

Whenever I open up "My Computer", I get stuck on a screen that has just the flashlight looking for files.

Whenever I use a drop down menu in programs such as My Documents and even things like MS Word, the comp freezes up. It's as if the directory isn't being listed cos something is stopping it from doing so.

Just an update.
My Compute eventually shows up, after about two or three minutes. It's a pain.

THe computer is brand new. Ocasionally, the left bar, with "Similiar Places" "Details and other things similiar appears, then disappears, and the comp searches again.

Attached is an example of the drives not showing up...
I was lucky the thing didn't freeze after opening the drop down..

Attached an image of the prob.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-stuck-on-searching-39722.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I am curious if anyone can help me figure out why my "A" and "D" drives arent working. I am getting an "Incorrect function" message when trying to operate floppy discs, cd roms, or DVDs. I do not have Roxio on my PC, so that isnt a conflict. please help!!

A:Solved: "A" and "D" drives not working

Are you sure you do not have "InCD" installed??? Searching with your msg I found an article on another forum that cited that as the problem. Several users with the same problem had success after removing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-and-d-drives-not-working.401773/
Relevancy 78.69%

I currently use a HP dv-7-1246 and the C & D drives are 40GB & 12GB respectively.

I just purchased a netbook that uses W7 HP and has a capacity of 2GB memory and
250GB hard drive.

Would it be possible to transfer all files from my notebook to the netbook.

Thanks

A:Solved: Transfer of " C " and " D " drives

You can transfer your data, but not system files. If this is related to your previous post about optical media, is it safe to assume you do not do regular backups of your data? If so, now's a good time to start. Buy a portable external hard drive, and use that to transfer your data from one system to another. Then use it to make frequent, regular backups of your data on the new system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-transfer-of-c-and-d-drives.1005651/
Relevancy 78.69%

I can't open any drive either by right click and it display's a message that " PROTECTFILE.VBS FAILED"

A:[SOLVED] Can not open drives &quot;c:&quot;,&quot;d:&quot;

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1043112AA9erlB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-can-not-open-drives-and-quot-c-and-quot-and-quot-d-and-quot-298143.html
Relevancy 78.26%

THIS KIDS BEEN CRYING SINCE YESTERDAY
I'VE INSTALLED 3 TIMES SHOCKWAVE/FLASH.THE UPDATED VERSIONS.(ONE YESTERDAY,NOW THAT'S UPDATED) NOW
TODAY WE TRY THE DISNEY.COM AND LIKE CLOCKWORK IT
DIDNT PLAY!!NOW I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE KIDS
BUT ANYONE KNOWS FIRST OF ALL WE FIGHT OVER WHO GETS
THE COMPUTER(SOUND FAMILIAR) THEN WHEN HE DOES
NO FLASH!!! THAT'S IT I'M MOVING (SMILE)
I GOT 3-5 FLASHES ON MY COMPUTER.

Relevancy 77.83%

Hope I be getting this so it makes bloody sense. I wanted to see what folders were on C drive, using Windows Explorer I looked, an was surprised that there were duplicate Folders on D drive, that are in the OS Drive of "C", is that normal? It sure is eating up space, How would I delete without messing something up?

Relevancy 77.4%

I have Ad-Aware SE Personal Build 1.06r1 with the newest definitions. I run Windows 98SE. I also have SpyBot 1.4, AVG Anti-Virus, and ZoneAlarm.

Ever since I updated Ad-Aware to SE 1.06, when I first start the program, it takes almost 30 seconds while it says "loading definitions" before the program comes up and is ready to run a scan. The old version never would hang like that. So I just wanted to make sure that there's not a problem or something going on that shouldn't be.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-- bloomcounty

A:Why does Ad-Aware 1.6 hang for 25 seconds when "loading definitions" at start?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-ad-aware-1-6-hang-for-25-seconds-when-loading-definitions-at-start.386380/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi, My mouse is hanging after few minutes randomly and i hear a sound "Ding dong" and after 1-2 seconds it works again, I checked Event Viewer but cant find any error.

Thanks for any help.
Regards

A:Mouse hangs for seconds with "Ding Dong" sound

It sounds like one of the following:
A dodgy cable.
A dodgy internal mouse construction (e.g. bad soldering).
A dodgy USB port.
It's acting like you've pulled the plug and then reinserted it.

I have the same problem with my USB DTV dongle (dodgy internal construction).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202920-mouse-hangs-seconds-ding-dong-sound.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I'm trying to fix my sister's new computer before she heads to college When player every code up opens 10 pops "=78y5" media and windows seconds you type quot y quot automatically enters into whichever box your typing in including this one and causes windows media player to open It has done it times since I started typing this The first time it did this a XXX video popped up I deleted the video but the code keeps coming up and opening the player every seconds of typing -- it basically makes the computer unusable Also it periodically looks like it's scanning "=78y5" code pops up every 10 seconds and opens windows media player the page the text flickers as it scans down I've run Spybot and McAfee in safe mode and they both turn up nothing I even took the computer to Toshiba and they reset it to facory settings and it didn't wipe this thing out Any help would be greatly appreciated Here's my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com a... Read more

A:"=78y5" code pops up every 10 seconds and opens windows media player

I just moved the HJT file and ran it again, here's the new code:
Also, it just popped up this text as well "+&*Y%" with the =78y5.
Thanks.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:19:14 PM, on 9/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Controls\TFncKy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Touch and Launch\PadExe.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\toscdspd.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAMASST.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ONENOTEM.EXE
c:\TOSHIBA\IVP\swupdate\swupdtmr.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\OasClnt.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.toshiba.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLASHX_W.DLL
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THotkey] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/78y5-code-pops-up-every-10-seconds-and-opens-windows-media-player-116404.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am trying to merge several years' worth of calendar items into a single new PST file for archiving, but when I try to copy many of my calendar items I get this error:
"Outlook cannot copy the items. The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found"

Using advice elsewhere I tried creating and using a new mail profile, but now Outlook just hangs when I try to open one of my existing PST files (the item pane just displays "loading...").

Can anyone advise re. why I might be getting this error when copying calendar items from one folder/PST file to another?

I'm running Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 64-bit in a home environment (using Gmail/POP3).

A:Copying calendar items "operation failed an object could not be found"

Check this MS website & see if that is any help for you.

"The attempted operation failed. An object cannot be found." - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/373565-copying-calendar-items-operation-failed-object-could-not-found.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Help!

My HDD recently crashed and I'm trying to recover my Outlook.pst file using the Windows Recovery Console - logged in as the Administrator. I can see the files just fine with a "dir" command. However, when I try to "copy" the file I get "access denied". There has to be a way around this? Is there some way to change the attributes such that I can copy it?

Thanks,

A:how to override "access denied" when copying files in Windows Recovery

I don't think you can do this with the recovery console. By default, for security reasons, the recovery console will only allow access to the root of all drives plus the Windows folder. There is a registry setting that will change this, but you can't change that with recovery console.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-override-access-denied-when-copying-files-in-windows-recovery-503179.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm having a problem "finding" my music files after I moved some files around on the computer between users.

My simple solution was to copy them to an external HD and the re-load them so I searched for all music files then selected all and attempted to copy them to the external HD, but I got an error message: "cannot copy file.cannot read from the source file or disk".

What have I done and how do I solve this?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Relevancy 76.97%

sometimes when moving or copying files Vista gets stuck at "calculating time"(or something like that). I am now using "gecko manager" for file managing just to get a faster way to manage files in vista.
I don't know the reason behind this "time calculation" in file management but is there a way to disable this useless feature in vista?

A:How To Disable "Calculating Time" when Copying/moving files?

Hello there is a hotfix for that problem i believe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/931770

have a look here please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-calculating-time-when-copying-moving-files.679326/
Relevancy 76.97%

Everytime I try to install windows, it skips the "Copying Window Files" within a couple of seconds to 100%. I've tried burning the disc image from another computer and even at a slower rate since I thought the disc was corrupt but this didn't help either. I even tried a bootable USB, no luck too. Even though the installation completes, I get to the screen where it says setting up computer for first time then it restarts never getting to the actual desktop screen. If anyone can help me out that'd be great

A:Windows Installation skips "Copying Window Files"

The Copying Files quickness is normal. The problem may be with a driver starting up.

Try entering the Device Manager during install to disable any erroring (!) drivers - likely the display driver: Device Manager - Access During Windows 7 Installation

If that fails wipe the HD before reinstall with Diskpart Clean Command to get the cleanest possible slate.

Make sure you're waiting long enough for it start after reboot. Sometimes there can be delays.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/266209-windows-installation-skips-copying-window-files.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

I am trying to copy files onto a drive which is 279 GB free of 2.99 TB.

I am getting the error "Disk is full" when doing this.

I am not sure why as there is plenty of space available.

This happens with large and small files.

Here is a screenshot of the storage the drive has.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75393-copying-files-drive-throws-disk-full.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

I am trying to copy files onto a drive which is 279 GB free of 2.99 TB.

I am getting the error "Disk is full" when doing this.

I am not sure why as there is plenty of space available.

This happens with large and small files.

Here is a screenshot of the storage the drive has.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/75393-copying-files-drive-throws-disk-full.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

i need to have the time that includes seconds to organize downloaded music files. is there any way in Vista to add this information in windows explorer? currently have long list of scrambled files and no way to sort them. the seconds are shown in "properties" but not in win explorer

thanks, Lin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-details-gives-times-without-seconds.662123/
Relevancy 76.97%

Not sure what the deal is with this one - not even sure where to look It started when I had a split form form on the top and the Few Every "Reloading" Seconds Access 2010: Form datasheet view of the table below It started off being easier to edit and see the records around it simultaneously So I started getting reliant and began using the table below for data entry Every few seconds the Access 2010: Form "Reloading" Every Few Seconds form and datasheet would flicker It was only noticeable because as I was typing values in a cell it would basically empty and start again with wherever I was in my typing This was especially annoying when typing something in a comments field with several characters Now that I ve got a better form no split or anything out of the ordinary to my knowledge it still does this quot refresh quot Access 2010: Form "Reloading" Every Few Seconds flicker Whatever I m typing at the moment of the flicker makes the form think I ve pressed Enter therefore the closest entry to whatever I was typing in a combo box is submitted Any ideas or suggestions See the image below for a view of the form And thanks in advance Also suggestions or comments on form layout is also appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

my friend is getting such message when using the comp, and it shuts down after 30 seconds like the message says. she gets it very often..minutes after she turns it on. i'm not sure if this is related to the worm, or if she is being hacked. can anyone clairfy this? she has xp home

A:"windows will shut down in 30 seconds, please save your work"

I had a similar problem. It was caused by my Windows xp Sp1 upgrade not installing all the way.

Ill look up how i fixed it again since i can't remember,, But i know i just types the key words from the error box in google, and I found a fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-shut-down-in-30-seconds-please-save-your-work.156546/
Relevancy 76.97%

The "Turn Off Computer" window pops up every few seconds (this is the window that you normally access from the "start" button - bottom left on the monitor). When this happens it only stays up for half a second and then it flashes off and all the icons on the desktop disappear for about 4-5 seconds and then they reappear. In addition to that my Norton Internet Secuity 2005 self shutdown (or don't start) at the beginning. I didn't download/launch any suspicious file but I begin to think it's a virus, and if so, how could I deal with it?

Thank you in advance.

A:"Turn Off Computer" window pops up every few seconds

Edit: If I run in safe mode I got some control over my computer but still I'm clueless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-off-computer-window-pops-up-every-few-seconds.378701/
Relevancy 76.97%

When bootup starts, i see the info screen for 2s and then it gradually "fades" in 2s.The screen is black during the whole bootup.
Same thing with an old game - Icewind dale 1(2 works fine and all newer games), when i start the game screen immideatly goes black.When i switch monitor on-off monitor i see the menu for those 2s and it again fades.
Same thing when 3dmark03 is done with the 4 game tests and resets to test 1, my monitor goes black similar to icewind dale 1.
at one point, vundo even caused my monitor to display out of range error, but it was like this again after i removed alot of it in safe mode.
ive done scans with avast, some online scanner, ad-aware and spybot S&D.
Im thinking it may be something that vundo permanently changed in my computer.

A:What can cause my monitor to simply "fade to black" in about 2 seconds?

when the monitor fades i hear the same sizzling as when i turn it off, but the green light is still on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-cause-my-monitor-to-simply-fade-to-black-in-about-2-seconds.844528/
Relevancy 76.97%

Okay so i have my drives hooked up.
1. External 250GB (valuable data on it)
2. Internal 80GB IDE (valuable data on it)

Trying to get the files off onto the HD i have just booted from.
Only problem is that my drives 1 and 2. they are not appearing in "my computer". but when i go in "computer management", they are there but are listed as "unallocated".

does this mean the end of all of my files i have on them? is there any software out there capable?
help will be very much appreciated.

A:Storage Drives Not Appearing in "My Computer" but in "Computer Management"

Try the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storage-drives-not-appearing-in-my-computer-but-in-computer-management.124552/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello, I remember the time when moving or copying folders to different locations used to keep their "Date Modified" detail exactly the same as the original, yet now when I move or copy a folder to a different location, the Date Modified is updated to the date and time that I moved/copied it. Why has this happened? What fix can I do to keep that "Date Modified" detail to be the same exact as the original?
"Date Created" is supposed to apply the new date and time, Not "Date Modified".

Help me fix this. Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74776-date-modified-when-copying-moving-folders.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I spent some time searching the forums but did not find any post that answered my question so I am starting a new thread.

Windows Explorer is changing my original file's date when I do a drag-and-drop copy operation. I would like to know how I can tell Win7 to not change the original file date.

A:"Date Modified" changes on original file when copying

What problem is this causing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/88653-date-modified-changes-original-file-when-copying.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have HD s running Two NTFS internal copying folder" file "Error message XP or and one XP "Error copying file or folder" message FAT external A GB NTFS with about GB of free space A GB NTFS with GB of free space A GB FAT with GB of free space I am getting this error message while trying to transfer a GB Movie from the GB HD to the GB HD saying quot Error copying file or folder There is not enough free disk space quot Obviously there is enough disk space on the target drive for the movie but for XP "Error copying file or folder" message some reason or another it doesn t think so Windows also recognizes that there is the correct amount of space available it only says there isn t when I try to transfer I tested transferring with other files and it works fine its just that file I also tried transferring it to the GB HD and it worked without any problems My questions are Is there something wrong with the file Is it that there isn t enough room in a temporary folder for it to transfer a file that big Is it the fact that they are different file systems Is there something wrong with my HD Or is it something that i m not thinking of Thanks for your help Sorry if this post is in the wrong section I thought it was the most appropriate nbsp

A:XP "Error copying file or folder" message

Thankfully you didn't try "moving" it, sometimes from doing this it vanishes from the source (as wanted) and never gets to the destination (due to out of memory error)

I've seen this myself, it's to do with system resource on your PageFile amount of Ram being used and the CPU coming in trying to process it all.

In most cases I have run CCleaner first then copied the large file(s) across without fuss.
It's just all the temp files together and Windows thinking that memory is low when it's just the processing of this memory in a temporary location (being %temp% usually)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-error-copying-file-or-folder-message.112441/
Relevancy 76.54%

How would I copy my saved photos on memory stick to the computer's photo "Library"? I see a "send to", but I don't want to lose the copies on the mem stick. Thanks.

A:Copying photos from mem stick to "Library" on computer.

Open the relevant library folder, then open the flash drive in a new window. Select all of the files you want to copy (or do them one at a time if you like) then right click and hold, drag to the library folder, release right click and choose 'Copy here'.

Example below, substitute 'Gav's Pictures' for your flash drive and my F: drive as your destination library folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331905-copying-photos-mem-stick-library-computer.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I never had a problem like this before, but now this! Even though my file paths never exceed the 260-characters limit on anything, when I try to drag and drop a file to copy, I get an unhelpful error stating otherwise.

The file path in this example would spell out as:
C:\Users\HoneycombAG\Videos\HoneycombAgent_backups\Steam\Dota 2\Lich Pinball (1888297990).mp4
which is only 93 characters, and nowhere close to 260 characters.

So, how do I get rid of these errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387194-destination-file-too-long-when-copying-files.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have been trying to figure out what is making my WMP stop responding every time I open it. I want to use it to listen to the radio and sync songs over to a SanDisk Sansa c250.

WMP may have never worked because I never tried to use it until I got my Sansa c250 I was told to use WMP to sync my songs to it. This is how/when I learned of my WMP problem.

I have tried and tried to find what might be conflicting with WMP to no avail. I have tried all available versions of WMP and they all stop responding within 15 to 20 seconds of startup.....every time.....not just now and then, but every time I open it. I then must do a End Task to get it off the desktop.

Can someone please help me determine what is causing this? This is very frustrating.

A:WMP 9, 10, and 11 all "stop responding" after 15-20 seconds....every time

try these codecs
http://www.xpcodecpack.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wmp-9-10-and-11-all-stop-responding-after-15-20-seconds-every-time-325500.html
Relevancy 76.11%

All of a sudden, using windows xplorer in W7 Pro takes 5-6 seconds or more to create a "new folder". After that folder is created, next new folder is created quickly. Been creating folders w/WE in W7 pro for yrs with no problem.

Any suggestions?

cheers,

klxdrt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391583-w7-we-takes-5-6-seconds-create-new-folder.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I've had this problem for a few months now and my computer is only two years old I also "Not Please few Programs a for randomly Responding" help! seconds. play a game called League of Legends and when I play it it freezes up for a few seconds at a time every few minutes or even more frequently than that I also notice sometimes that the sound sometimes is delayed and sound stutters a Programs randomly "Not Responding" for a few seconds. Please help! lot also only when i play League of Legends But overall every programs sometimes randomly goes 'Not Responding' for Programs randomly "Not Responding" for a few seconds. Please help! a few seconds at a time and is then back to normal I am not sure what this problem is related to what-so-ever Would appreciate any kind of help The League of Legends issue is something with my computer not League of Legends fault any game would freeze up along with any program Note I Programs randomly "Not Responding" for a few seconds. Please help! restored my PC to factory condition - times Just did recently It wont allow me to do it anymore because it quot can't find all the windows files quot or something and I don't have a windows disk My computer is an Acer Aspire Model AX -U Intel Pentium Processor E GB DDR GB HD Intel GMA X graphics If you need more info than that I'm sure you can look up the model number and find it Please help I really do appreciate any kind of help

A:Programs randomly "Not Responding" for a few seconds. Please help!

Hi,

First, please be ensured that you have installed all the latest drivers (such as video card)and all the updates.

Then I suggest you use the
System File Checker tool to scan the system files and then try to test the issue in
Clean Boot mode.

If it works in Clean Boot mode, please try the steps in the KB to narrow down the application.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/142cd248-a093-488e-9315-6260369a4be7/programs-randomly-quotnot-respondingquot-for-a-few-seconds-please-help?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 76.11%

I have computers at my home a WRT G V router of the computers are 3 Connection Internet "breaks" every seconds connected wired to the router the internet on them works fine My other computer I have connected via wireless and when I try to go on the internet every seconds it is saying not available Now one thing I noticed was that when I connected to Internet Connection "breaks" every 3 seconds the wireless network it Internet Connection "breaks" every 3 seconds renamed it to my computers service tag I confirmed this via a friends laptop From quot Busted quot to quot DCLZMRH Network quot defenetly not something I did When this wireless computer is connected ALL computers on the network begin having the same problem where each seconds everybody is disconnected randomly However as soon as I turn the wireless computer off everything goes back to normal on the wired computers I have successfuly replicated this issue using different wireless adapters one USB and one quot wired quot the one you put on the inside lol I have Brighthouse Networks cable internet Anyways please help as my dad is pissed that I can only use his work computer for my games thank you majorpickhead Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc TP CN VH F Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Not Updated Edit some more information There are only wireless networks in my area mine is unsecured the other WEP or something Also signal strength is bars nbsp

A:Internet Connection "breaks" every 3 seconds

This will sound like a cop-out, but unfortunately I'm probably correct. There have been other cases of Vista not playing nice with some Linksys routers. The solution will probably have to be a different operating system or different router.

I see that your ESET is not updated. Outside chance that is a problem, so I suggest you uninstall it to test.

You could (much easier if your computer is a laptop) try an ethernet connection and try it on somebody else's (or free public hotspot) wireless network.

I would be trying a Live CD of Puppy Linux or Ubuntu, but depending on your familiarity with them and on whether your wireless adapters are supported in Linux that could be way more effort for you than it's worth.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-breaks-every-3-seconds.980397/
Relevancy 76.11%

Here ya go!!! be happy!!!

http://www.jayloden.com/Removal(2K&XP).js

YAY! BE SMARTER THAN THE ADWARE/SPYWARE!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-all-aim-profile-viruses-in-3-seconds.185834/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Just finishing a new install of Windows on an SSD with a secondary standard hard drive A strange problem is occurring when I press quot Shut down quot in Windows after about - seconds the PC powers back on again I can only prevent it doing this by on seconds few down" powers "Shut a I back PC after cutting the power in that - second window This started happening just before I began the re-installation of Windows I PC powers back on a few seconds after I "Shut down" had been fiddling with overclock settings in the BIOS but then I cleared the CMOS by shorting the battery terminals I assume this completed given that it prompted me to enter the date and time again Note that there are many threads on the Google relating to random power-downs and power up but this occurs only after I click quot Shut down quot I can only think this is a BIOS issue but I don't know which setting it could be Apart from the boot priority I don't think I have changed any BIOS settings Should I try clearing the CMOS Anyone got any ideas here PC specs shown below Thanks in advance for any help

A:PC powers back on a few seconds after I "Shut down"

When you cold boot does it power on by itself or do you have to press the button on your case?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/189436-pc-powers-back-few-seconds-after-i-shut-down.html
Relevancy 76.11%

What did I do this time! All of a sudden I have one system running W8.1 Update 1 that boots up and then takes ~15 seconds to refresh the desktop Icons. Windows is on an SSD. I tried deleting and rebuilding the Icon File using one of the BAT files recommended the last time I had a desktop Icon issue but that does not cure the problem. I have W8.1 Update 1 on a couple of other systems and they seem to act normally. Any clue on what I did or did not do or what to look for that would cause this situation to develop?

A:Desktop Icons take 15 seconds to "repaint"

Did you by any chance disable OneDrive?

Read this thread if you did:

I fixed the freezing desktop icons on every boot

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44294-desktop-icons-take-15-seconds-repaint.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Have a strange problem that have affected all of my computers and most of my memory cards SD -When transferring big many files my computer quot hangs quot for at least a few minutes sometimes more Sometimes a restart is the only solution -It happens at different stages when copying Computer SD-card from "hangs" of the process sometimes early and sometimes late -Vista seems to be the worst OS in this regard -I have installed SP on vista SP on XP -My biggest cards are more prone to having problems Gb and especially gb -My XP computer only hangs when using the Gb card -It works better when not using the internal readers but it also happens on my external one -Vista also quot hangs quot when transferring big files over my home network Not wireless XP does not seem to be affected -Win works fine with the external one no drivers for the internal one -XP seem to have serious problems with my gb card my work PC do not Also XP I thought Vistas file transfer issues Computer "hangs" when copying from SD-card were solved Or is something wrong with both my internal card-readers Ideas All computers are virus free and updated Anybody know how to ascertain model and make on my readers Preferrably without tools Lars nbsp

A:Computer "hangs" when copying from SD-card

an SD card which has all files in the root directory is always a problem --
you can control the access and all the icons are being accessed at the same time.

if you can use the reader, add some directories and move chunks of files into
each of them

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-when-copying-from-sd-card.132882/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am installing 7 RCM from technet. 64 bit on a dell c521.

It skips copying the files and just stalls on extracting them. no errors just stalls. Tried 3 different disks and two different drives... ideas??

A:Skips "Copying windows files"

Quote: Originally Posted by catsartcox

I am installing 7 RCM from technet. 64 bit on a dell c521.

It skips copying the files and just stalls on extracting them. no errors just stalls. Tried 3 different disks and two different drives... ideas??

I will bet you are trying to install win 7 from within another OS, like vista, or XP.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/23050-skips-copying-windows-files.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My current dilemma is that I accidently copy and pasted some files into the "Userdata" folder (which by default is just on my C: path) and now I'm unable to move them or even use them. Whenever I try to copy and paste the files out of the userdata folder, it gives me an error message saying "Access is Denied" and even if I do have administrator rights for my computer, it does not allow me to change the "read-only" attribute on the folder which I would hope would at least let me transfer the files out.

I'm using Windows XP SP 2 and these are audio/video files that I'm trying to transfer out of the Userdata folder.

A:Copying Files out of the "Userdata" Folder

See if it Helps

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP?
http://www.winxptutor.com/ownership.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-files-out-of-the-userdata-folder.645799/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am trying to copy my "Contacts" file in Microsoft Outlook XP to another computer, but I can't find it. I've looked everywhere. I have about 75 names and adresses in it, and I'd hate to have to enter each one individually into my new compuiter. Has anyone seen this file?? Thanks for your help.
[email protected]

A:Copying "Contacts" File in WinXP

When I make a backup of the contacts; I just use the export feature of outlook. You can export to a file; I use pst type of file to export. You can then import the file on another computer. Note this will also work with your inbox, sent mail, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-contacts-file-in-winxp.113326/
Relevancy 76.11%

My oldest daughters HDD is dying an old g I will be getting a new copying "ghosting" for ?? program Good HDD g drive soon I would really like to avoid having to reinstall windows XP again Last time the M guy was a to me when I told him I needed the new activation code as I d installed it quot too many times quot according to windows itself I had done a complete HDD copy a few Good "ghosting" program for HDD copying ?? years back on an old system of mine and I believe it was Norton s ghost I had used but so long ago I don t recall for certain Seeing how all her settings and everything she likes is there and set I am trying to avoid having to redo it all basically Can someone suggest a good ghosting program to entirely copy this drive g worth of data onto the new drive and essentially make it the C drive Myself I can only think of nortons program We both thank you for any help nbsp

A:Good "ghosting" program for HDD copying ??

Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-ghosting-program-for-hdd-copying.43911/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have suddenly inexplicably lost the ability to transfer files from my Android phone to my laptop with a USB cable. The error simply says "error copying file or folder. Access is denied". It was working fine up until just now

A:"error copying file or folder"

Welcome to the forum. Thats not clear if its windows or android giving the message try saving to another folder see if its just that folder

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/76021-error-copying-file-folder.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Trying to 'drag and drop' or 'copy to' from my external drive to the 'my documents' partition of my main HD, when the files get big or numerous I get an error message saying that my destination drive doesn't have enough space.
It surely DOES have gigabytes to spare, so there's something wrong going on.

Also happens when trying to copy a file to my new SanDisk flash drive--a bogus message when the file is big--like a 15mb mpg.

In both cases I'm using USB2.0 for the transfer through a USB PCI card, but it hasn't happened when uploading lots of jpgs from my camera's card reader or when putting half a GB of mp3s on my Sansa using their USB ports on the same card.

Win2k, PIII/933, 256mb, Maxtor internal and external drives.

Thanks for taking a shot at my problem.

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I would be grateful for help with this problem I have just inherited a Lenovo computer from my stepson who has gone Drives with problems Flash USB Copying abroad to work The OS is Windows x Professional Service Pack When I try to copy files from a Flash Drive memory stick to the hard drive the copy proceeds satisfactorily to about to of Copying problems with USB Flash Drives the progress bar and then stops I then get an error message telling me 'the item can no longer be found in this location' When I then check the flash drive in Windows Explorer I find an empty folder I then eject the flash drive and reload it and now find that the contents show again in Windows Explorer Further attempts to copy to the hard drive result in the same problem I get the same result using different flash drives by a variety of manufacturers When I open Device Manager I find that 'PCI Simple Communications Controller' has an error flag against it The Information Box for this device says - 'The drivers for this device are not installed Code There is no driver selected for the device information set or element To find a driver for this device click Update Driver' When I try to update the driver Windows fails to find one Is the lack of this PCI driver the cause of the copying problem with the USB flash drives If not then what is I have installed all outstanding updates and the update system now says 'Windows is up to date' but the problem persists The former owner of this PC cannot help He says he didn't use flash drives so never noticed the problem Many Thanks TonyR

A:Copying problems with USB Flash Drives

This driver story is a red herring. You need no special driver for a flash drive. The flash drive is probably corrupted. Try it on another PC to double check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394076-copying-problems-usb-flash-drives.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

Everytime I run Team Fortress and get into a game on my laptop I get a weird lag every or seconds where I would freeze up but everyone else who is in the game moves around freely as if nothing happened I don t get any sort of message this lasts for around seconds before stopping just to come back up or seconds later Sometimes this lasts for seconds and doesn t come back up till or seconds later The same thing happens when I run browser games such 3 2 every "Dropout" seconds. or Games as Quake Live although in Quake Live it would Games "Dropout" every 2 or 3 seconds. give me a quot Disconnection quot error and yet people move around and react to me freezing by running up and shooting me in the face Same thing with Runescape but the whole game freezes instead I ran some games on other computers in my house another laptop and a desktop on the same connection same OS but the games don t lag at all there Also I use software such as Skype and am frequently in calls with friends Whenever the dropouts Games "Dropout" every 2 or 3 seconds. happen Skype would give me a disconnection message and say that it is reconnecting but I would still be in the call and my friends would still be able to hear me without any lag I use a wireless connection but since other computers in the house don t share the same problem I suspect it is something with this computer Can anyone help me out Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ATI SB Rev None Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Games "Dropout" every 2 or 3 seconds.

Alright, the spikes or so ONLY seem to happen when I'm playing games. It would effect my other software such as skype but outside of playing games, nothing of that sort happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-dropout-every-2-or-3-seconds.964747/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have been using a new computer with Windows 8 for 3 or 4 days only. Until today things were ok.

Today, for some reason, every tiny movement of my fingers on the touch pad of my computer seems to open the windows store. I know the hot key combination to go back to my desktop but I can't have the store opening like this when I don't want it to. I have tried going to task manager and clicking on end task but it just opens right back up again a few seconds later. Can anyone help?

A:"store" opening every 5 seconds

Hi translator82,

First off, I am not an apps guy so my suggestion probably won't be worth much; however, since I am not an apps person, I have "turned my live tile off" and I am never bothered by the store. Now, I do understand that this is probably not a permanent solution but it might be worth a try just to see if that stops the store from bugging you. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32497-store-opening-every-5-seconds.html
Relevancy 74.39%

When copying a folder from one drive to another the Date Modified changes to the current date/time. I want to keep the original date/time, is this possible?

A:"Date Modified" changes when copying...

In a command window, run [xcopy] with the following switches: /s/e/c/a/k/h

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80213-date-modified-changes-when-copying.html
Relevancy 74.39%

i haven't been burning too many dvds lately but now i need to copy a whole bunch mainly movies. i need program that can copy dvds and remove any of the security stuff that programs like record now can't remove. i tried easy dvd shrink( really sucks cause the burnt copies skip) and DVD decryptor doesn't really work.

Relevancy 74.39%

Had my first "XP Blue Screen of Death" recently.

HD needed reformatting and XP reinstalled, luckily the Tech saved most of "My Documents" folder.

So I got to thinking ......... might be time to start doing my own monthly backups. The folder comes in at 1.2 Gig ...... too much for one CD-RW.
Most of this is taken up by the folder I use to store my mp3's in, which is at 850 Meg. I dont want to start splitting folders manually. Is there an application which will automatically split it across numerous disks with minimal intervention from me ??

Thanks in advance ................. SP

A:Copying "My Documents" folder

Hi espee

I don't know of any software you could you but why don't you simply purchase a backup device? Freecom provide usb external hard drives that simply plug in to your pc and show as an extra drive. They have about 40 -140GB of disk space on them, plenty of room.

Check this one out:

http://www.iomega-europe.com/eu/shop.aspx?category_name=HDDPortType
Just a suggestion

P

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-my-documents-folder.266939/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello. I'm just wondering if there's any way to get the behavior from Windows XP back when copying a folder that already exists? In Windows XP there was a yes to all button, now I first have to tick the small box at the corner and then select yes, and I need to do this twice as I need to do it for the specific files too. It annoys me and I want the old one-button behavior from XP back. Any way to do that?

A:Old behavior for the "yes to all" when copying folders?

I'm sorry but you cannot have back the old one-button behaviour...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/66684-old-behavior-yes-all-when-copying-folders.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have an A-Open DUW1608-ARR DVD Burner. I have burned with it before just fine, but now for some reason when I drag ANY file into the CD Drive folder to burn it to the cd, it gives me the following"Windows encountered a problem when typing to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do?" It gives me the option to retry or cancel. Retry does nothing.

Furthermore, when I look at the properties of the blank disc whether its a DVD-RW, CD-R, or DVD-R, it says that it has 0 free space. It can read my old cd's fine, play games, and music. But no matter how much free space is really left on the disc it says it has nothing left.

I've tried with Nero also, it also says theres no free room on the disc.

Please help me, Thankyou.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-copying-with-dvd-burner.430914/
Relevancy 74.39%

Had my first "XP Blue Screen of Death" recently.

HD needed reformatting and XP reinstalled, luckily the Tech saved most of "My Documents" folder.

So I got to thinking ......... might be time to start doing my own monthly backups. The folder comes in at 1.2 Gig ...... too much for one CD-RW.
Most of this is taken up by the folder I use to store my mp3's in, which is at 850 Meg. I dont want to start splitting folders manually. Is there an application which will automatically split it across numerous disks with minimal intervention from me ??

Thanks in advance ................. SP

A:Copying "My Documents" folder

Hi espee

I don't know of any software you could you but why don't you simply purchase a backup device? Freecom provide usb external hard drives that simply plug in to your pc and show as an extra drive. They have about 40 -140GB of disk space on them, plenty of room.

Check this one out:

http://www.iomega-europe.com/eu/shop.aspx?category_name=HDDPortType
Just a suggestion

P

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-my-documents-folder.266939/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello Everyone Really need some help And let me start off by saying in no way am i trying to do anything illegal I m just very anal about spending money and it going to waste I Have a year "I Protection Copying OWN" DVD's Have That Copyright old son who loves watching movies but now hes at the age where he likes to try to put the DVD in him self cause he s learning Well I m Starting to notice that pretty much Copying DVD's "I OWN" That Have Copyright Protection all of the DVD s I buy him are starting to get really scratched Copying DVD's "I OWN" That Have Copyright Protection or damaged So I m a little worried for the amount of money I spend on them that I m gonna have to keep buying new ones So my question is what is the best software i can go buy or download that will let me make a legal copy of a movie i Copying DVD's "I OWN" That Have Copyright Protection bought I tryed using the software that comes pre installed on my vista laptop bought it says it can not make a copy due to copyrighting encoding I know people try doing this for illegal purposes but I truly just want to copy DVDs I own just like I copy CDs I buy for use in my car so they don t get scratched Thank you ahead of time to anyone that takes the time out to help me Ian nbsp

A:Copying DVD's "I OWN" That Have Copyright Protection

I afraid that is why they are copyright Protected......and it is against rules here to assist in this matter even if we understand the reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/copying-dvds-i-own-that-have-copyright-protection.564081/