Windows Support Forum

Network Transfers Going Slow For Vista While Xp Races.

Q: Network Transfers Going Slow For Vista While Xp Races.

Yesterday I wanted to move some music from my desktop to my laptop and even though it was a total of 5.4 Gigs, then the transfer would practically have been easier if I had chosen to type in the binary code manually. I googled for some solutions but found none except for a blog that recommended that I should uninstall my antivirus which is something I was not going to see as a solution at any point.

Any links, suggestions or the like are more than welcome.

~Kaemic

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network Transfers Going Slow For Vista While Xp Races.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network Transfers Going Slow For Vista While Xp Races.

Could be firewall related, maybe your firewall is not configured to permit free exchange between your computers in your LAN. Or maybe your "hub" is old as mine and it's a 10 meg one.

I don't recomed to uninstall your AV. But if this software has a Firewall builtin this could be the cause of the problem.
Mav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108595/network-transfers-going-slow-for-vista-while-xp-races/
Relevancy 74.39%

I've noticed that as of about 2 months ago, transferring files across any LAN to or from my computer is excruciatingly slow. Transferring files to or from my main computer to any other computer on my home gigabit LAN, I get transfer rates of around 2-3 Bytes/sec. So slow that it takes several minutes to transfer just a few kilobytes. I really cannot figure out what is causing this. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Also, this only happens when my main computer is involved in the transfer. Transfers across my LAN involving any other computers work normally, as do Internet transfers. And it happens everywhere. Even when my PC is hooked up to other LANs.

A:Very Slow Network Transfers

Well the first and only guess I have at this time would be to update the NIC drivers, have you done that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-slow-network-transfers.119238/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all,

I have a notebook Toshiba a200.
Since i installed win7 32 or 64 ( it doesn't matter currently 32 bit) i've been having problems with transfering files from my desktop pc ( win7 64) to my notebook. Speed is sooooo slow!! it doenst matter what is do. search google, performed actions mentioned there.

my transfer speeds are no more then 200Kb/s, before this i got speeds at 20mb/s

Anyone having suggestions? I'm pretty desperate now. A new install doesn't work either. Also tried update realtek drivers even tried drivers from realtek, still no result.

grtz Niels

A:network performance slow transfers

Quote: Originally Posted by Niels37

Hi all,

I have a notebook Toshiba a200.
Since i installed win7 32 or 64 ( it doesn't matter currently 32 bit) i've been having problems with transfering files from my desktop pc ( win7 64) to my notebook. Speed is sooooo slow!! it doenst matter what is do. search google, performed actions mentioned there.

my transfer speeds are no more then 200Kb/s, before this i got speeds at 20mb/s

Anyone having suggestions? I'm pretty desperate now. A new install doesn't work either. Also tried update realtek drivers even tried drivers from realtek, still no result.

grtz Niels

Are you running "homegroup"? Homegroup sometimes experiences slow transfers and drop outs. If you are you should change to workgroup model.

Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/71314-network-performance-slow-transfers.html
Relevancy 71.81%

To be short and to the point, all of my local network access is snail slow. It takes me minutes to connect to my other PCs via Remote Desktop (takes seconds on my Vista install), and file transfers are incredibly slow: (As you can see, my entire network is Gigabit, and it displays this connection correctly) However, none of this affects my internet access, which is still just as fast as it was on all my other computers. This leads me to believe that it's a Windows 7 issue... Any help on speeding this up would be great!

A:Extremely slow file transfers and network access...

well maybe you have this answered by now im sure but one thing to keep in mind is that your seeds wil only be as fast as your drives write speed. I mean it will kick the packest faster but if your drive has a write speed of XMb/s then it really reflects this. Now on the other hand if you know your drives ar much faster than whats in your screen well thats something else already. Unfortunately I have a similar problem. I have raptors and yet my network yeilds alot less sometimes. Something is broken in thier networking in my opinion.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2503-extremely-slow-file-transfers-network-access.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I just purchased a network transfers Low (wired) file utilization/slow Linksys E the other day I've been trying to stream recorded HD TV programs wtv files from my desktop PC to my PS via CAT cables and have been unsuccessful so far So i decided to try to troubleshoot the problem Here is a brief explanation of my network I have the above mentioned router with my PC Pentium Ghz with HT rpm hard drive GB ram windows pro my brother's PC Core Duo rpm hard drive GB ram windows pro and my PS connected to it The PS and my PC pentium are connected to the router via cat cables My brother's PC core duo is connected to the Low network utilization/slow file transfers (wired) router via a cat cable Both Ethernet cards have up to date drivers and I updated the firmware of the router The first thing I tried was to try to stream the wtv files from my brothers PC This worked flawlessly Next I ran Totusoft's LAN Speed test both PC's by selecting a shared folder on the opposite PC Here were the results Running on my PC selecting a shared folder on the my brother's PC Write Low network utilization/slow file transfers (wired) mbps Read mbps Running on my brother's PC selecting a shared folder on my PC Write mbps Read mbps This would seem to narrow my problem down to my PC After taking a closer look at my PC I noticed under the Networking tab of the task manager my network utilization never goes above What could be causing this All possibilities I found from a quick Google search all dead ended One weird thing I noticed is that in the resource meter under system tools on my PC the scale for the network graph only goes from to Kbps

A:Low network utilization/slow file transfers (wired)

Quote: Originally Posted by kwalls007

I just purchased a Linksys E2000 the other day. I've been trying to stream recorded HD TV programs (.wtv files) from my desktop PC to my PS3 (via CAT6 cables) and have been unsuccessful so far. So i decided to try to troubleshoot the problem.
Here is a brief explanation of my network. I have the above mentioned router with my PC (Pentium 4 3.2Ghz with HT, 7200 rpm hard drive, 2GB ram, windows 7 pro) , my brother's PC (Core2Duo, 7200 rpm hard drive, 4GB ram, windows 7 pro), and my PS3 connected to it. The PS3 and my PC (pentium 4) are connected to the router via cat6 cables. My brother's PC(core2duo) is connected to the router via a cat5 cable. Both Ethernet cards have up to date drivers, and I updated the firmware of the router.

The first thing I tried was to try to stream the .wtv files from my brothers PC. This worked flawlessly.
Next I ran Totusoft's LAN Speed test both PC's by selecting a shared folder on the opposite PC. Here were the results:
Running on my PC selecting a shared folder on the my brother's PC: Write 81mbps, Read 83mbps
Running on my brother's PC selecting a shared folder on my PC: Write 130mbps, Read 160mbps

This would seem to narrow my problem down to my PC
After taking a closer look at my PC, I noticed under the Networking tab of the task manager, my network utilization never goes above 11%.
What could be causing this? All possibilities I found from a quick Google search all dead ended. One weird thing I noticed is that in the resource meter under system tools (on my PC), the scale for the network graph only goes from 0 to 10Kbps.

OK what OS is each running?
Are you running homegroup for networking?
Can you go to start>search>cmd>ipconfig /all (upload a screenshot of the output)
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/140196-low-network-utilization-slow-file-transfers-wired.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

I have tried searching the forums and tried all possible solutions but none of them seem to work.

My setup is as follows:

"Server":
Windows 7 Professional x86
Connected to Draytek 2820n MIMO router with Gigabit Cat6 cable (Win reports 1Gbps)

(brand new) Laptop:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
Connected to the same router wirelessly 802.11n (Win reports 300-450mbps)

Router:
WPA2 AES

I seem to have a problem with server to laptop transfer speeds which look to be capped at approx 3-3.5 MB/s. It seems too low for a 802.11n speed to me!

I feel like I have tried everything:

1. Removed antivirus, disabled windows firewalls on both computers
2. Removed Remote Differential Compression on both computers
3. Disabled autotuning
4. Tested server's HDD with SeaTools
5. Disabled IPv6 on both computers
6. Disabled Large Send Offload in NIC's advanced properties on the server
7. Screenshot from NetCPS is attached below

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:Win7 to Win7 slow network transfers

A question if i may, how far away is the laptop from the wifi router?

Distance affects transfer speeds tremendously...

As an example, I've a laptop hooked up via GbE (1Gbps) using CAT-6 cables to a router that is transfering files to another laptop thats using Wireless N @ 150Mbps..

When the laptop on wireless in right on top of the router i get 8 - 10 MB/s speeds, when it's in a room separated by a couple of walls, it drops to as low as 2-3 MB/s..

Physical obstacles and distance from the router are two major factors... Also try to rule out interference from any other 2.4 GHz devices in the vicinity.... Any other wireless networks in the area using the same channel perhaps? If so, try changing the Upper and Control channels to a different number in the router configuration....

Getting 300+ Mbps requires a dual band 2.4GHz channels which may be impinging on the spectrum that other nearby networks are using.... leading to interference and poorer than expected performance...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203917-win7-win7-slow-network-transfers.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I dont know allot about LANS or network connections. Im on a university network thing, i dont know much more than that but ill try and explain. there are two apartment type buildings with a bunch of rooms, our internet is supplied by abc communications. there are four bedrooms in a dorm, each with its own wallkack and Download Limit. me and my roomates can play games over the connection (like LAN) apart from that i dont know what type of network it is. when my other roomates send stuff back and forth over (big files 1-10 gigs) the transfer goes really fast, and the files are through in minutes. but when they try and send it to me, it goes like 50Kb/s( as opposed to like 50000Kb/s) somewhere i read something about changing to full duplex, but i dont know how, if anyone knows how i can speed up the connection, help me out.

A:Slow LAN transfers

Don't forget that if the person is using a program that utilizes the network connection, it will slow down the speed a bit.

As for Full duplexing, that is in your network card properties.

Assuming Windows XP:

Right click on My Computer
Click Properties
Right click on your network card under Network Adapters
Click Properties
Click Advanced tab
highlight Connection Type
depending on whats available, you probably should have 100TX Full Duplex. If you have 1000 Full then choose that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-lan-transfers.532024/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone New here and first post I ve done a little searching but there are just too many threads so i m posting here I ll give as many details as I can from memory HP M N computer connected switch with cat e Buffalo linkstation connected to switch with cat e Dlink wireless gaming router DGL connected to modem and switch with cat e Toshiba cable modem connected to router with cat e Dlink Switch port Gigabit switch DGS Slow NAS Transfers Very other connections to switch PS connected with cat Sonos music server connected with cat The router is set to game fuel enable so modem to router router to switch everything else connected to switch I m copying pasting file from the NAS to an add on media drive that docks in the HP but NAS Very Slow Transfers still connects with a USB connector I m guessing it s a USB only becuase it s all so new I m copying MB with a transfer rate of kb per second Copy time is minutes The PS is online gaming my computer is connected through hard wire and there is a laptop connected wirelessly Why so freakin slow Any help or suggestions will be appreciated -craig nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Router D-Link DIR- REV Desktop Windows Ult x Quad Core Intel q Ghz gb ram Antivir AV software PC Tools Threatfire D-link DWA- REV E Netbook Windows Ult x Atom N GHZ gb ram Antivir AV Software Adapter Broadcom b g adapter When I try to transfer files from my netbook to desktop or vice versa it goes around - KBps in this configuration My connection is full strength on both the netbook and the desktop pc The Wireless Transfers.... Slow desktop is connecting at Mbps and the laptop connecting at Mbps I know I can't expect type of speeds when transferring files Though I just threw that out that it shouldn't be a signal issue I have disabled the Slow Wireless Transfers.... RDC and these commands netsh interface tcp set global autotuning disabled netsh interface tcp set global chimney disabled netsh interface tcp set global rss disabled None of that has even helped I know for a fact the desktop wireless adapter and router works perfectly with Windows xp and file transfers Though at this point I could upload the files to the internet and download them quicker than I could do copy and paste file transfer on my own network Another interesting thing is that the internet connection just flat out dies on the desktop when transferring the files to it Not sure about to the netbook I have also disabled all the security software on the desktop and netbook and didn't make one bit of difference Thanks for any insight regarding this

A:Slow Wireless Transfers....

Well, the first thing I would do is to uninstall Antivir AV and PC Tools Threatfire, reboot, and verify the default Windows firewall is installed. Then, I'd use a workgroup instead of a homegroup (you didn't specify, but I'm guessing you went with a homegroup). I would also check to see if there's a compatibility issue with the D-Link card and the motherboard. I was forced to move away from my D-Link card in my notebook because of a chipset compatibility problem - my wifi connection would also die with a large file transfer. At the very least look for updated drivers from D-Link (or even older drivers, if you have the latest available from D-Link).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/129140-slow-wireless-transfers.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Just recently say in the last week or so transfer speeds to USB storage devices have become excruciatingly slow Before it was fine getting around mb s Extremely USB Slow Transfers but now it only gets a fraction Extremely Slow USB Transfers of that With a standard external HD it will start at then incrementally slows down to USB speeds by the end of a mb transfer even slower with larger files With flash memory like one of those stick MP players Extremely Slow USB Transfers it maxes out at about kb s Before it moved files so fast I didn t get a chance to look at the speed but I know it was faster than that I haven t added or changed anything recently to the computer Just hooked up a printer about a week ago but it didn t install or change anything from before I googled this and no one seems to have had an answer Any help would be appreciated before I attempt a reinstall never did that before with Vista I have a Toshiba A -S and am running Vista Home nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everybody

I have a simple question that will probably yield a simple answer, but it has had me scratching my head...

I have a desktop pc which I use as a server. I have two laptops that access the files on the server through mapped network drives, simple enough.

When I move files from one location to another on the server the file transfers are quick. When I use the mapped network drives on the laptop to move the same files they are much much slower.

I cant understand why this would be the case. Are the files stored in RAM on the laptop with the remote access or is there some other reason. How can I get around this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

Andi

A:File transfers slow

I assume your laptops access the server via 802.11g. The theoretical speed there is 54Mbps/sec - but in reality it is less because of the overhead. Compare that to the speed you can transfer files inside the server. That is limited by the speed of your HDDs and depends whether you go from one HDD to another or within the same HDD. But it will be a lot faster in any case. Figure that the disk transfer rate is 10 times faster than 802.11g - that is an approximate number and depends highly on the type of disk (e.g. Rpm) and where the from and to folders are located.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131692-file-transfers-slow.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a pretty modern high-end PC running the x64 of win7 ultimate using pretty much default settings with little / none tweaks.
When I transfer large volumes of data (a few gigs and above) I really notice my pc starts getting slow, it's especially noticeably in the mouse cursor which becomes annoyingly sluggish and then normal and then sluggish again, erratic in consistent mouse speed...

my cpu gadget indicates pretty much normal CPU load so I don't get it... I'm on a gigabyte ga-x48-ds5 motherboard using the onboard lan / onboard usb contacts.

How do I rectify this annoyance?

A:Sluggish performance during USB / network transfers

open up task manager, click show processes from all users, then select the columns as shown below to see what else is being used when you transfer a file
Attachment 99447
or better yet, open up resource monitor from the performance tab of task manager
chances are it's caused by windows media player network sharing service in conjunction with multiply instances of servicehost (applications phoning home) that's causing the slowdown

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/112890-sluggish-performance-during-usb-network-transfers.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

I downloaded the latest .NET Framework update from Microsoft (.NET Framework 3.5 SP1). Now, I decided that rather than downloading the 231MB through the Update site three times, I'd download the full installer, and copy it to the other machines.

The download worked fine, but when I copy the file between my computers, across a wireless network, partway through it disconnects.

Any ideas what would cause this? Thank you in advanced.

Relevancy 56.76%

I did the upgrade on all my systems and now on my GIGaBIT Network I peak at 11,4 MB/s before win 10 I was getting 60 to 80 MB/s WTF is going on? turned off anti malware, Connections show 1gb . changed large offload to disable both ivp 4 and 6. set full duplex 1gb. I am begining to despise win 10 more and more..........

A:Why are my network file transfers only hitting 11.4 MB/s on Win 10?

What systems are you running? Like hardware wise? 60 to 80 even sounds low to me unless you are running some older 5400 RPM drives. Also, what type and size of files are you transferring? For example, when moving movie files around on my disks, the WD black will average 140 to 150 while writing to it, while the Seagate enterprise and WD reds settle down to around 100ish. The SSD transfers are quite a bit more than both of these spinning disks. I just replaced a 2TB WD red drive with a 5 TB WD black, and transferring all of the data from the red to the black 1.7TB averaged around 135ish...

https://hardforum.com/threads/why-are-my-network-file-transfers-only-hitting-11-4-mb-s-on-win-10.1907740/
Relevancy 56.33%

Why do transfers start really fast, then slow down in a few seconds. It's something I have always wanted to know but cannot find an answer.

Downloading from the net and file transfers on the PC. It's always the same.

A:Transfers Start Really Fast, Then Slow Down

Depends on size and number of files. It could be the site is sharing bandwidth.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/201772-transfers-start-really-fast-then-slow-down.html
Relevancy 56.33%

when i copy a large group of files (say a couple of gigs or so) to a different folder it runs at a whopping 8-10 MB/s to copy them, i know vista had an issue with copying files but this was meant to be fixed, is this a known issue with win7? i notice it happens on both X86 and X64.... now i KNOW my hard drive is capable of doing 80MB/s (roughly) and does on Ubuntu, so i assume its an OS issue,

now maybe its just me, but surely an Operating system should be able to do something as simple as copy files at a decent rate?

A:ridiculously slow file transfers

It's not the OS.

There's something wrong with your setup. You can begin by installing the latest chipset/sata/motherboard drivers.

Also use HDTune to help you diagnose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45350-ridiculously-slow-file-transfers.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am doing a large file transfer (multiple files equal to ~5 GB) over my 100 mb lan from windows xp pro to windows vista. The file transfer starts out from full speed of my lan and gradually slows down over 2 minutes until it is only 100 kb/s. What could be causing this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfers-slow-down-gradually.548136/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I believe I have an good network but for some reason slow. Wired transfers Data my Wired Data transfers slow. data transfers feels very slow to me If I remember correctly I use to be able to transfer about - MBps But now it s hard to break MBps Here is my network setup I have two main computers rMBP with USB ethernet adapter and a custom built desktop gb RAM AMD FX -core CPU x gb SSD Raid x tb HD no raid I also have two main NASs and a network share off my router NAS one WD MyBook Live DUO TB x TB raid NAS two ReadyNAS rnr TB x TB raid router USB WD passport GB For my network devices Router Linksys WRT AC Switch Cisco Port Desktop Gigabit Switch Second Router Bridge mode Apple Airport Extreme Wireless N For network cabling everything is cat Not cat cat Newegg was having a killer deal on all network cables Plus I wanted to color code my wires So it was to good of a deal not to get the cat The Apple Airport and the two main computers are in one room of the house and everything else is in my workout room on the other side of the house I also have some other stuff connected to the switch like two raspberry pis directv two printers ATT microcell tower For some reason my network speed has gone down a lot I amp m not sure why I was thinking it might have something to do with my new router the WRT ac but I don amp t know why that would be the case That router should be able to take anything that is thrown at it If anyone has any idea on why I amp m getting poor network data transfer I would greatly appreciate it Thanks Throdne nbsp

A:Wired Data transfers slow.

To get 23-27MBps you must have all gigabit ethernet and 'n' or 'ac' Wi-Fi. My theory is that one device or link is not performing correctly. See if you can find that element.

You said that the new router should be working properly, but you need to confirm it.. Can you try a transfer by ethernet with it in the path and then again with it out of the path (either skip it or temporarily replace it with another switch)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-data-transfers-slow.1136839/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a 802.11ac modem and my computer gets a solid 1.3Gbps Wi-Fi connection. However when I transfer a test file the speed shows at 110 Mbps. When I connect an Ethernet cable I have a 1.0Gbps connection and when I transfer the same test file the speed shows 985 Mbps which is faster by almost a factor of 10.

Anyone have any idea why the Wi-Fi transfer is so slow? I am starting to think the modem I have has a processor that can't keep up the speed due to the Wi-Fi encryption.

Ak

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53747-1-3gbps-wi-fi-connection-but-slow-transfers.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Thought that file transfers in win7 on my laptop were taking a long time, so just ran a little test. On my 10 year old XP desktop with about a zillion apps hogging the CPU, the transfer of about 1000 pictures took about ten minutes. Loaded the same SD card into a newer 1.6 core duo laptop with virtually nothing running except the operating system, and the transfer took over 20 minutes. I've read about issues like these with Vista and Win7, but don't really see any explanation or an easy fix. Doesn't MS have an answer for this??

A:Slow transfers from SD card in Win7

Please visit the maker of your laptop's website to obtain the latest driver for it and install. This should do the trick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-transfers-from-sd-card-in-win7-486830.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,

Some time lurker here, but first time poster as my network file transfers/streaming issue is really starting to grate on me. I have 3 pcs in my flat, all of which are wired with the correct cabling, via an 8 port Netgear G5608v2, giving me Gigabit throughout. The machines are as follows:

PC1: As per my system specs
PC2: Vista x64 SP1, Athlon x2 5600, 4gb 6400 ram, Asus M3N-H/HDMI motherboard
PC3: Win7 RTM, Athlon XP 3000, 1.5gb 3200 ram, Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe.

Each PC connects at 1Gbps according to the LAN connection status. However, any attempt to transfer or stream files from PC1 to PC2 or 3 results in a miserable transfer speed of 5-6mb at best, making transfer/streaming even the likes of a DVD a painful chore.

I've installed the latest network card driver for PC1 from Windows Update (v) but it has made no difference at all.

Any thoughts on what to do?

Thanks.

A:Painfully slow gigabit file transfers

Do you have any security software running on the computers (including the built in Windows firewall)? If so, have you verified the security software isn't the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23750-painfully-slow-gigabit-file-transfers.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I really hope you can help My friend s recently had a virus and causing slow data USB Virus transfers following it s removal though I don t think it s fully gone as he gets Virus causing slow USB data transfers loads of dodgy pop ups in firefox whenever he tries to transfer movies from his camcorder onto his PC it s going painfully slowly Can you help Here is the HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxddserv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C WINDOWS system lxddcoms exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files PIXELA ImageMixer IMxBrowser exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - C F- C - F D- D - FA A E A - C WINDOWS system cbXQgEXp dll O - BHO no name - B DD F - - CA- E-EE AB DE - no file O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO no name - AEEB - A - C A-A A- A E BDDE - no file O - BHO no name - e- - -a -fd b c b - C WINDOWS system qbhzer dll O - BHO no name - C - - - D -A DD E - no file O - BHO no name - D FE- EB - E- B -D C FD B - no file O - BHO no name - - D - -B - A - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO ad a f - b c- f - -bb daeebfd - dfbeead- bb- - f -c b f a da - no file O - BHO no name - -AB - F -BE D-B DD B - no file O - BHO no name - BF A -E A - F -B F- AE D - no file O - BHO no name - AD BB - - -B CB-D E E - no file O - BHO no name - b f b - fc - c-ab - dda e - C WINDOWS system appdqh dll O - BHO no name - CEF D - - DCB-BE D-A D E B - no file O - BHO no name - D FA -DD B- DF- -B E DA - C WINDOWS system hgGyywTm dll file missing O - BHO no name - E E- AC- B-B F - F FB - no file Help nbsp

A:Virus causing slow USB data transfers

I've now run Super Anti Spyware, which showed the Vundo virus.

Here is the updated hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 21:26:01, on 08/11/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\lxddserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxddcoms.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\PIXELA\ImageMixer3\IMxBrowser.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0B9DD8F8-4568-42CA-895E-EE8222AB48DE} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Lexmark Toolbar - {1017A80C-6F09-4548-A84D-EDD6AC9525F0} - C:\Program Files\Lexmark Toolbar\toolband.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {11AEEB69-96A8-4C6A-A47A-5A4E0BDDE563} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {47C84550-5655-4619-94D5-A23DD00708E7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {55D178FE-7EB2-467E-8B49-D0C95FD57B76} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {65715283-5D93-4984-B507-88A192270255} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: {ad4a7f73-7b2c-3f18-9194-bb91daeebfd8} - {8dfbeead-19bb-4919-81f3-c2b737f7a4da} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {90676710-AB25-4F92-BE7D-B9189DD662B3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9BF033A7-E6A6-4F99-B33F-4AE42D921173} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AD9BB417-0484-4246-B9CB-D52308E7E035} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CEF22D91-5538-4DCB-BE2D-A03D91E91B80} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D70FA184-DD1B-49DF-8776-B08E136184DA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGyywTm.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E129804E-37AC-474B-B5F4-76F1581FB199} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E8BC6A27-79ED-4BE6-BDD8-2F3A66F81838} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EB83ECFD-9F77-49DC-9541-0B335E618FF8} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FB6FE290-C0B2-4905-943E-8168A5525334} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Lexmark Toolbar - {1017A80C-6F09-4548-A84D-EDD6AC9525F0} - C:\Program Files\Lexmark Toolbar\toolband.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdatePDRShortCut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\7.0"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Anti-Banner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\ie_banner_deny.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-causing-slow-usb-data-transfers.767224/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I ve been trying to recover as much data from what I think is a failing HD most of the data being images I ve been using Windows Explorer (copy/cut/move) file transfers slow XP Home to cut and paste file from the failing drive to the new drive both on the same machine The OS is already on the good HD Both are SATA With the exception of dealing with a slew of bad files failed cyclical redundancy check or something like that everthing was going well BUt now the files are being transfer at a snails pace They still transfer but way too slow And when I check the system slow file transfers (copy/cut/move) performance no program seems to be running and I seem to have plenty of resources left Once in awhile I get a spike on the CPU usage chart So do you think that this drive is beginning to go south or could it be something else I just did a clean XP Home install and don t have much loaded onto the new HD slow file transfers (copy/cut/move) yet Running Avast virus and Spywareblaster oh and the XP SP upgrade with it s firewall I have Auto Updates turned off as well as the help services thing saw that here a bit ago Oh and I got a new Antec case PS when I installed the new HD just in case my old PS was dying as well whew Thanks in advance Skip nbsp

A:slow file transfers (copy/cut/move)

As it turns out, it appears that if I try to move, or copy, files from the damaged HD, the files are moved quickly untill a corrupted file is encountered. At that point, things slow to a crawl until I get the error message and can delete that file and start over again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-file-transfers-copy-cut-move.459473/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone I stumbled upon this site while searching for the answer to my problem So thanks for taking a look and for any input you can provide File Software Transfers 3 Raid Slow - I am using Windows Server on a machine with the following Athlon xp gb ddr Netcell raid card as a file server I set up software raid Software Raid 3 - Slow File Transfers with gb hard drives using the Netcell application I would have preferred hardware raid but hey I do what I can Anyway the thing has been working fine for over years but in the past few months I have been noticing abysmal transfer rates Transfer rates over my gigabit network are less than mb s when transferring to or from the raid array When transferring to or from the C drive the speeds are as quick as can be expected Transferring from the C drive to the raid array is equally painstaking so I have ruled out a network problem Additionally the array is free of fragmented files My raid array is at capacity Could this be causing the problem This problem is making things like burning DVD s transferring video files and editing pictures a real problem Can you guys think of any thing Ben nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have 4 USB3 ports on my laptop.

I also have 2 Kingston USB3 memory sticks.

If I transfer files to an external USB hard drive the rate is pretty respectable at approx 55 - 65 Mb/s

However when I transfer to the memory sticks it starts at between 40 - 50 Mb/s then after a couple of seconds drops to between 5 - 10 Mb/s.

Anyone any ideas why this happens.

A:Slow USB3 transfers to Memory Stick

It depends on the exact model those sticks are, how large the files are, what else you are doing in the background. Too many variables.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/67972-slow-usb3-transfers-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently started using a gigabit switch alongside my TP-Link router.

My room is setup like a LAN area, with a desk long enough for 4 pc's, so I have 4 cables running from the switch to the computers.

My router is providing DHCP and has a PS3 and VOIP phone plugged up to it.

Is there anything blaring that would cause the machines not to transfer files at gigabit speeds? Currently they transfer at 10-12mbps, which is normal for a 10/100 connection.

Anything I'm missing?

I can get into a lot of detail, but I need to know what needs to be told.

A:Home Network Routing - Using a Switch for file transfers?

Weakest link in the chain prevails.

Code:

ISP=Router--switch-- PC{1+}
|
+--- other device(s)

Consider just devices attached to the router, the slowest Nic {wired or wifi} will control the bandwidth to the device. A PC with a 10/100 adapter dominate data to/from it regardless of the GB Switch. If PC.a and PC.b (both with GB adapters and attached to the switch) copy 'twix each other, you may get much better performance.

Data to/from other devices (attached to the router) will be dominated by the Router LAN port speeds or the devices themselves.

99% of us get no benefit whatsoever from GB routers or Switches as all devices need GB ratings :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routing-using-a-switch-for-file-transfers.192722/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is my home server I use for DLNA backup main storage and streaming Windows server R Intel Core i k asus P z -i Deluxe x Samsung f tb LSI megaraid - i gb Samsung Server Datacenter; Windows transfers slow 2008r2 nm ddr gb Intel SSD Windows Server 2008r2 Datacenter; slow transfers boot gb Corsair Force GT windows server gb Seagate Momentus temp install files Originally the server had x amd processor etc and I had a perc i card in there and my server worked great I Windows Server 2008r2 Datacenter; slow transfers had no issues at all nor when I upgraded again to i k server and threw Windows Server 2008r2 Datacenter; slow transfers down a megaraid lsi card in there I was able to transfer with ease and got extremely high copy rates etc and of course streaming was flawless Now that I've upgrade my system just a week ago I've been stressing on trying to get my system to what I had before I CANNOT copy ANY files from or to the server through mapped drives which I mainly use to access the server itself streaming storage etc I'll get a copy popup and it'll transfer at kbs and even though the file was meg gt it simply freezes Accessing the mapped drive has been a nightmare requiring me to wait minutes before being able to enter folders or even open up files becomes worst I cannot even stream a meg Mp at all Before I streamed my entire library of music directly off the server and had no issues at all I've tried swapping routers wndr -r both gigabit cat e cable swaps disabled netsh autotuninglevel etc reinstalling windows server and updating all hardware etc Thing to note The computers are neither wireless nor have wireless at all and are no more than feet beside another I chose windows server r not because it was free but because I wanted an actual OS where I can install applications and have it more or so as a nd computer I had to force install gigabit drivers as intel decided decided to not have the v r driver support this is my biggest concern and fear as I already purchased a motherboard that is itx form factor I changed my operating system from r standard to datacenter but from what I gathered the main difference was datacenter offered more doubt I'll ever need but I wasn't losing out on anything Any advice is appreciated and thank you for reading

A:Windows Server 2008r2 Datacenter; slow transfers

Arkuatic welcome to the windows 7 forums.

Something leads me to question....

"I had to force install gigabit drivers as intel decided decided to not have the 82579v 2008 r2 driver support.(this is my biggest concern "

It could be the drivers not working properly. Did you try a gigabit ethernet card and disable the on-board one?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238846-windows-server-2008r2-datacenter-slow-transfers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all.

Last week My laptop got infected with something and is preventing regular use of it.

I Have scanned the computer with following programs to no avail.
Avast AntiVirus
Rogue Kill
Adware cleaner
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

When I try to open ms-word or some other program the CPU shoots up to 100% and the task manager graph races at high speed.

while scanning Avast found something called win32:delftcrypt-e and cleared it.

Avast firewall reports of a attempt to send something to a zapoto.org URL by wscript.exe.

Any help would be much appreciated in recovering my laptop.

A:XP CPU races to 100%

You should start a thread in the Virus Removal Section after reading the Pinned Topics showing what logs need to be attached to your first post.

Personally, you are going to continue to get infected as Microsoft has not been patching known security holes in Windows including the latest regarding printer drivers.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/07/14/pwned-by-your-printer-microsoft-patches-critical-printer-spooler-bug/

One last thing: if you’re still running Windows XP or Server 2003, old bugs like this are almost certainly present, but are never going to receive fixes.
Now the news is out, this bug is essentially an XP zero-day, because how to exploit it was known before a patch was ready…

If possible upgrade the OS or remove XP and install a linux distro. What distro would depend on your CPU and RAM size.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620629/xp-cpu-races-to-100/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been having a blast with this game but I ran out of races. I know I'm not done with the thing, there are still locked mods at the shops. It seems as if I should be looking for something to usher me into the next level or something but I cannot find anything. I've gone through the world map and every race type is completed.

Here are my career stats...
visual rating=3 star
game completion= 51%
found all hidden shops
unlocks= 80%
region completion status= 106.98%
world event wins= 35/30

I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do at this point... any ideas?
Thanks,
JTN

Relevancy 51.17%

I have an internet connecting that has speeds of around 20mbps on all my other computers but on my vista machine everything including network file transfers seem no be unable to reach speeds of anything above 200kbps. My computer is wired directly to my router... so i cant think of any reason why its so slow. Also when my computer ran XP the network was much faster. Any help?

thanx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/very-slow-network-on-vista-345463.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello - Thanks to anyone able to help This seems to be a good one can't find mention anywhere on the 'net When two types of webcam software are started webcam picture comes up briefly then screen goes black and processor black and go processor Webcam screen races software to causes fan runs furiously No way of recovery has been found and computer must be shutdown with power switch If left too long even power switch will not shut down and plug has to be pulled The two type of software are Skype Logitech Webcan Software Webcam is Logitech E Computer is Dell Optiplex Core Duo ghz gb DDR ram Win XP Pro SP Soooo yeah just about any normal treatment has been tried We can isolate this computer as the problem This camera with the same software Webcam software causes screen to go black and races processor was tried on an identical Optiplex worked fine A different camera on THIS computer same problem E software and drivers replaced Skype replaced Webcam software causes screen to go black and races processor Video Card drivers replaced Monitor drivers installed An extra video card was removed from the computer BIOS video section changed from auto detect to onboard BIOS later switched to factory defaults Camera was plugged into different USB slot Flash Java and Quicktime updated Quicktime removed In System gt Properties gt Advanced gt Performance switched to Adjust for best performance Ran chkdsk Found HDD badly fragmented defraged Wow After typing this up I'm starting to think I've tried to much an dshould just reimage But I did want to see if anyone may have experienced this before Thanks for any help

A:Webcam software causes screen to go black and races processor

Disable all of your start up items except your antivirus.With the tool below.
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Reset your hosts files.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

Then remove your primary ide drivers.

Hit the Start  button then Right Click My computer
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Properties>>>>>>>>>>>Harwdare Tab>>>>>>>>>>>>>Device Manager.Scroll down to the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controlers Left click the + to the left of the drivers.Right Click and uninstall all of your Primary IDE drivers there most likely will be more than one of the Primary IDE Drivers.
 Make sure and un-install All of them.
Reboot your machine.
You will see the drivers re install then request another reboot.
Do so.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499944/webcam-software-causes-screen-to-go-black-and-races-processor/
Relevancy 50.31%

quot Acer Desktop PC with AMD Athlon II X Dual-Core Processor and Windows Home Premium -bit quot years old daily usage Just the facts of what is going on -started noticing about months ago my computer shut off suddenly about once every weeks appears dying...fan be Computer off 2-6 to races..shuts times Solved: a day -last month it started shutting off suddenly about times a day and continuing every day -my computer seems to shut off when i go to stream my media to my streaming box media a Roku but it also shuts off suddenly Solved: Computer appears to be dying...fan races..shuts off 2-6 times a day when i am not streaming media just clicking a website may shut it off -Last week i opened my computer and cleaned out dust from inside my computer It seems that slowed down the number of times my computer shuts off by itself and the fan does not race as many times a day --it seems to take longer to boot up a couple of times it just froze when booting up Is it obvious at this point it is not any software problem but a Solved: Computer appears to be dying...fan races..shuts off 2-6 times a day hardware problem And how can i determine what hardware problem would it be i like the computer and hate to get rid of it this computer is similar to mine http reviews walmart com ows- -home-premium- -bit-reviews reviews htm nbsp

A:Solved: Computer appears to be dying...fan races..shuts off 2-6 times a day

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-appears-to-be-dying-fan-races-shuts-off-2-6-times-a-day.1110373/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am running Vista SP1 on my PC, and I have run into a new problem. When I re-start the PC, I notice that it's taking several minutes for Vista to find my network connection (it is wired, not wireless). It used to take literally seconds. Does anyone know why this might have changed? Also, I noticed that my CPU fan is running at High for much longer when restarting than it used to for whatever reason. After it finally starts running normally, the computer takes a minute to find the network connection. Again, this did not happen until today. Any help would be appreciated!!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi folks, i found the solution for this problem, in Microsoft Page, under name Fix233567.
Apparently only happens to certain Pc or combined rare hardware.

In my pc, the transfer between WinXP pros Aprox 30 to 50mb/s with Vista 11mb/s and after few days 6mb/s.
Now with this fix 30 to 50mb/s

Info:
Copy process is very slow when you copy large files from one computer to another computer in a high-bandwidth network environment if both computers are running either Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008

Download Page:
Help and Support

Sorry for my english, I'm learning.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227529-network-transmition-slow-between-xp-linux-etc-vista.html
Relevancy 49.88%

desktop pc - when vista was installed - no problems
after installing sp1 - network dsl speeds start at 6 megs
tested at varios sites gradually slows down below 1 meg. reboot pc - starts all over again
have to reboot every 6-8 hours
xp station still reads 6 megs, vista sp1 64 bit laptop also no problems
I have tried several drivers for the nic but no solution
via rhine II ethernet adapter

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
i am trying to copy from XP home laptop to Vista Desktop.
The the copy is real slow almost 200KB/s same as my internet download speed(sometimes my interenet speed is faster than n/w copy).
Copy operaion on same drive on desktop is real fast almost 20MB/s
i read lot of posts about it & tried following thing
1)installed hot fix KB931770
2)Disabled Remote differential compression feature
3)tried stopping ip helper & Computer browser service
4)tried disabling firewall & anivirus program
5)auto updated the windows vista from MS site

i dont know what to do now. i have already wasted lot of money & time figuring this thing out
any help is appreciated. otherwise i have to uninstall & install some different OS
is there any way i can return the windows vista & get my money back?

Thanks,
Vinod

Relevancy 49.88%

I have two wireless PCs, one is a laptop with Vista 32bit and the other a desktop with Vista 64bit. Otherwise they are configured with all the same software. The Vista 32bit PC connects to the wireless network in 5-10 seconds at start-up. The Vista 64bit takes nearly two minutes to connect to the network at start-up, from the time the network icon appears with the red X to the time it shows connection and the red X disappears. After they are connected to the network, both run normally. I have searched the net and found several issues relating to slow internet speed with Vista 64bit, but nothing addressing the initial network connect time. Any ideas what may be causing the difference? Thanks.

A:Vista 64bit slow network connect

Well, I'd have to lean pretty heavily on drivers, since that's the major difference here. Not sure what you can do other than look for driver updates...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64bit-slow-network-connect.841039/
Relevancy 49.45%

HP laptop with I processor running Windows bit Home Premium after booting up races I went into task manager and see svchost running memory at over K I delete this and another svchost and the racing stops laptop Windows Home with booting races. Premium 64 I7 running processor HP 7 up after bit but eventually it starts again nbsp I performed all suggested tips nbsp from Wintips org for Full Malware Scan amp Removal Guide to Clean Heavy Infected Computer by running nbsp RKill in Safe Mode with Networking RogueKiller CCleaner TDSSKILLER Delete Temporary Files and folders with TFC by OldTimer Removed any Programs recently installed in Control Panel AdwCleaner Junkware Removal Tool with JRT Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ESET online antivirus scan nbsp What is causing this racing without opening any programs I don't know what services that might be running that are causing this I have stopped whatever programs that I know that are not needed nbsp As a result of this racing it is causing excessive heat and am getting Critical Core or Critical Core messages popping up Some HP laptop with I7 processor running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium after booting up races. are suggesting the hard drive is failing and I haven't been able to run any tests yet nbsp I am attempting to Repair My Computer in Safe Mode and the racing is ongoing nbsp I downloaded a Seagate Tool to test the hard drive and was attempting that in normal bootup but the test will take several hours and it had the CPU temperature utility to cease working This computer is about or years old and it is the original hard drive I do not know if it has something to do with the svchost exe process which when I clike end process temporarily ceases the racing from persisting but eventually it does begin to race as the svchost exe increases its memory usage nbsp Fred

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e0f2b875-383a-4ebb-8bd5-5efdd95b96e0/hp-laptop-with-i7-processor-running-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-after-booting-up-races?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 49.45%

We have 3 pc's - 2 running XP home, one running Vista Home Premium.

Never mind the fact it took me two days to get stable shared folders across all PC's, how come opening the network folders dropdown on the left side of explorer is so slow? On the XP machines, it will take about a second, yet Vista seems to scan an entire network before opening the list - this takes about 15-20 seconds. It's all ethernet LAN, I've checked the router possibilities.

Any help in speeding up Vista to the rest of our nework would be great.

Rich

A:Vista local network folders really slow to open...

It is a security things and has been slow since day one when accessing a networked share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-local-network-folders-really-slow-to-open.610685/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Folks I have two PC s connected to the same wireless router One runs Vista ultimate and is slow The other runs Win server and is fast The win k PC downloads stuff at times the speed of the Vista PC I ve tested network ping on vista connection Slow / wireless it using various bandwidth sites If I ping my my router the win k Slow wireless network connection / ping on vista PC is to times quicker Some extra info I may be asked The vista PC is an AMD bit dual core and is more powerful than the win k The vista firewall is disabled and there is no other anti-virus software The TCP IP connections are as identical as possible except vista also has the default ipv amp link-layer topology The router is set up the same for both PC s DHCP IP allocation etc Router D-Link DI Wireless cards win k Airlink Vista RaLink Both PCs report Mbps connections of excellent quality There are no games installed The win k server is a domain name server running active directory Vista PC is logged onto domain but uses dns supplied by router dhcp Help nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Alright so today i replaced my dad s powersupply and got an quot Error Loading OS quot Message Vista, loads slow, slow runs installed slow, for his system when it previously had XP on it So i said forget messing with it ill just put vista on it and call it a day After putting the vista disk in it seemed to go pretty slow compaired to how it was on mine But in the end it took about hr to hr and to install completely After installing it took forever to do Vista, installed slow, loads slow, runs slow the first boot up and after it booted i could not move the mouse more than one direction every minutes or so The system would apparently freeze or become completely bogged down for no reason So this is a fresh install of Vista on a fairly good machine Any reason why it is running as though it has the worst specs in the world PS It runs fine in Safe Mode The System configuration is as follows OS Vista Ultimate bit MoBo Asus P NSLI Processor Intel Core Duo E Graphics Cards Nvidia GT x SLI Hard Drives various one one g one g RAM gigs of corsair or something of the form namebrand to say the least I Cant think of what else might help it is doing this for NO REASON what so ever that i can find nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Ok I have computers on a home network Windows XP and one Redhat Linux Fedora Core About a month ago one of the windows boxes 1 computer network now has file transfer on network slow a internet suddenly and on suddenly went 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network from about Kb s download to Kb s download from various newsgroups Also when trying to pull AND push files to that same box it is a very slow file transfer I didn t load any new 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network software in that time and I waited so long because at the time the newsgroup server that I am using reported problems associated with Hurricane Rita This of course doesn t explain the network speed I ve run speed tests on all the other computers and they all report download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds of about Kb s except the one and it has download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds the same about Kb s After I noticed the speed reduction I loaded a firewall Protowall and I downloaded the latest beta of Microsoft Anti-Spyware and ran it Also I have Norton with the latest updates and it reports no problems Please let me know if you need more info or if someone had any general tips to try I am about at the end of my rope and reformatting looks like the only other option to me Thanks Mike in Ohio Edit Forgot to say I went to differnt speed testing web sites and they all report the download speed the same on that one box about Kb s and the others are around Kb s nbsp

A:1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Are all the computers wired similarly? All run to the same router/switch?

You should check the cable of the problematic machine, try using ping to the router with 1400 byte packets. Also, boot up some CD Linux or equivalent and see what speeds you get from there - helps to rule out any problems with the operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-computer-on-a-network-suddenly-now-has-slow-file-transfer-on-internet-and-network.35247/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am having a frustrating time with my network I work for an animall hospital and we have a wired wireless network with computers mixed vista ultimate and xp pro with server sp on the server I am using a Linksys WRT n router My main problem is with my wireless computers a desktop with a US Robotics g turbo and one of my laptops a Dell Inspiron They are and network drops Wireless slow network is Solved: signal no more then feet from the router and Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow always have a strong signal but will drop their connection and have to be logged of and logged back on It is very frustrating because there is no rhyme or reason for it Sometimes it will stay connected all day without dropping and other days it will drop - times I am not sure if this is related or not but there are several wireless networks that can be seen by these computers including a Comcast WIFI and an Optonline WIFI Also the network will slow down every so often wired as well as wireless and I am no sure what the is about Our applications that we run are not very intence no graphics or large packets being sent Some one said they thought there might be a some sort of a Windows Sharing App running on the server Solved: Wireless network drops signal and network is slow that was bogging it down but I am not sure Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Supergroomer nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

hello engineers,
how r yo all? Guys i need your help.
My problem is windows 7 hangs and freeze when access 2003 server Enterprise edition . This is not a small network, one of the biggest network.
i have doubt on individual users on domain.before 2 months we had department wise users mean, for example [email protected] But after we created the individual users like [email protected] to all users.
this is i believe the cause of problem. When we acess the server via the software it freezed for 5 seconds and then repeat to normal state. And after some time it hangs for 2 minutes.
we r a big company ,producing daily basis.hmmmm Openly very large media and press company. please any one know the exact problem? Thanks

A:windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Hi Mohamed and Welcome to SF,

Pls. check your Server's Event Viewers error logs, especially DNS errors.

What type of Security or AV Software do you have installed in your Server?

Will it be possible for you to post an ipconfig /all output of one Win7 machine and the Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185072-windows-7-client-2003-server-network-slow-very-big-network.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I am in rush mode as of right now and did not have time to use the search function Ill get Transfers right into the question I purchased a new computer for my boss and i want to transfer everything from his old computer and put it Transfers on his new computer I understand programs wont work but if i can move everything over from one to the other it would be much easier They are both the same OS winxppro and both are dell computers Granted one is much older then the new vostro tower i just purchased I performed a system backup to the server and when i turned on the new one and tried to open the backup there was nothing in the back the back is about gigs Like i said i am in a bit of a rush to complete this He is back on monday and i want everything up and running like his old computer when he comes in Thanks

A:Transfers

Trying to reload the back up will cause more problems than it is worth. Install the OS clean and all of the programs/drivers. Then using the backup extract the relevant files for the desktop, my docs, program saved files back to there respective places.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343059/transfers/
Relevancy 39.99%

The vista machine connected via wire to the FIOS actiontec router can see and access the vista laptop but not vice versa. However, when I bring up the network map from the laptop network/sharing center full network, i do see the desktop but when I click on the network from the start menu, I do not see it? Why different and how can I make it work?

Thanks Patti

Also, using McAfee but both machines can be seen in the mcafee network map.

A:2 Vista Machines not networking - Shows in Network Map but doesn't show in Network

A good place to start would be to reference this MS article to ensure all of your clients are configured correctly...

File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

I would be interested to hear back if any of the topics listed addresses your specific problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266695-2-vista-machines-not-networking-shows-network-map-but-doesnt-show-network.html
Relevancy 39.99%

i am planning to buy a laptop and i want to know if i can just transfer only some of the files on my computer not all cuz the computer is a family computer and i dont want everything that is on this computer on mine and can i transfer files from an XP to a Vista ne ways? can i transfer music files also or do i have to put them back on there again? i dont really know a lot about this so if ne one can help it would really be appreciated THANKS!!

Relevancy 39.99%

Hotfix

Instructions

Works for me and doesn't require installation of any USB 3.0 "boost" software (also works for USB 2.0, although YMMV).

A:Speeding up USB transfers.

Benches

USB 2.0 Controller/USB 2.0 HDD
Size Read Write
64k 34.6 26.6
128k 39.4 28.1
256k 41.3 29.2
512k 42.8 30.0
1024k 43.2 30.2
2048k 43.2 30.3

USB 3.0 Controller/USB 2.0 HDD
Size Read Write
64k 39.4 34.8
128k 43.4 37.1
256k 45.5 38.8
512k 46.4 39.5
1024k 47.0 39.7
2048k 46.8 39.7

USB 3.0 Controller/USB 3.0 HDD
Size Read Write
64k 202.3 208.2
128k 218.4 215.9
256k 218.4 216.3
512k 219.2 216.9
1024k 218.9 217.4
2048k 220.4 215.9

Diminishing returns above 512k, at least for HDDs. Difference when transferring files was more pronounced than with these CrystalDiskMark benches, even 128k makes a huge difference. 2MB caused problems with my USB 2.0 drive (just stopped randomly during file transfer) but it's perfect on 512k, suspect the controller just wasn't designed for such large transfers. No SDD to test sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/279893-speeding-up-usb-transfers.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm having issues with transferring data between hard drives in my system I have GB drives in my system connected via esata Just a transfers with Problems few minutes ago I tried transferring GB from one hard drive to another and it took forever I was getting under MB per second Once I got everything transfered I created a folder in the drive I moved everything to and then moved the same GB plus another folder that was GB and everything transfered into the folder instant so fast I couldn't every look to see how long it Problems with transfers was taking cause it was there the minutes I moved Problems with transfers the folders to the new folder Why in the hell did it take so long transferring tha same data from one hard drive to another one in my system I should be getting a whole lot more than MB per second I never had these issues when I did the same thing in XP Pro what could be wrong

A:Problems with transfers

Have you tried doing this again since.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/153238-problems-transfers.html
Relevancy 39.99%

How is the best way to transfer data or programs between my old computer (450mh, 512mb, 4gb HDD, 1gb Syquest) and my new computer (1.2gh, 1.5gb, 40gb HDD) is it LAN, which I have never used, or is it something like LapLink (which times out because the files are to large).
Fred

Relevancy 39.99%

I would like to set up ten Secure Digital card readers through my USB 2.0 port and then copy one file to ten cards at the same time for a monthly large file distribution on SD cards. I'm thinking this is doable in the same way RAID allows a mirror duplicate function of data. Any ideas on how to do this?

A:Simultaneous SD Transfers?

Get 10 SD card readers, connect them, insert the disks, and use a batch file to copy the file to all 10 driver letters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/simultaneous-sd-transfers.252984/
Relevancy 39.99%

Is it possible to transfer files from a desktop to a laptop via the NIC. The file transfer only lists a serial cable and I don't have one. The only thing I have to connect them with is an ethernet cable.

Relevancy 39.99%

I am running msn 6.1 and i have a problem with my file transfers.

When an attemp for a file transfer is made i get signed out of msn and my internet disconnects.....i have contacted msn about this and i have been instructed to open TCP ports 6891 - 6900 which i have done......

maybe i did not do this correctly ? but im sure i have... does anybody know what could be causing this problem ?

ps. i am using a D-Link DSL-504 router

thanks everyone

Peter

A:MSN File Transfers !

If you don't find an answer here call tech support at D-link

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-file-transfers.209628/
Relevancy 39.99%

Was just given a new DELL desktop PC, but it has no ZIP or floppy drive, only a CD-R/W. I have 10 ZIP disks (100Mb each) of backed up files from my old PC (WINDOWS98). What's best way (cheapest & easiest) to get the ZIP files onto the new PC so I can convert them to CD? USB cables? Or, buy a portable ZIP drive? Or, other?

Relevancy 39.99%

I've Been Doing Some T-shirts With The Transfers That I Bought From Walmarts. Well Anyway I Messed Up A Couple Shirts. Does Anyone Know Of Any Product That Will Remove The Transfers? Any Help Would Be Helpful.

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi. I have been transferring single album cuts to my PC for putting on a cd. I discovered today that if I want to do an entire album I have to start and stop the recording process for each track in order to be able to name the individual tracks on the burner. Question: Is there a device or a download that will detect the silence between tracks, stop the recording and immediately start the recording process again? I'm using DB PowerAMp to record the tracks. It certainly would be helpful if such a device exists.
Thanks
Perry

A:Music Transfers

What media are these songs stored on originally? Cassette tapes? Vinyl albums? CDs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-transfers.50079/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi all, i'm in change of a small part of my school's website, and my schedule is so very busy, that i would really like to be able to make changes to the website from home. However, my school has closed all ports, and the server is not ftp. I was wondering if it was possible to write a batch file (or otherwise) that would run every so often on the server and pull files from another server (eg, my personal website, or some free hosting thing) onto the website drive? i would appreciate any ideas you people have about this. can it be done? and if so, how? thanks

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I just got a new laptop because my old PC crashed. I had someone come out and get my files off my old hard drive, he had to put them on my husbands MAC for storage. Now I want to put my those files on my new HP laptop. I have a HP personal media drive, but can't figure out how to transfer files from the MAC. Did I get the wrong devise for the job? If so what do I need?

thanks

A:File Transfers

If you have a network, make sure both computers are on it, share the Mac folder with your files on it, then at the PC copy the files from the Mac to your PC.

You should also be able to burn the files to a CD then use that to carry them to your computer.

I'm not familiar with Macs, but you might be able to use a USB drive to copy the files.

If none of these is an option, you can sign up for online file storage, upload the files from the Mac, then download them to your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/file-transfers-376157.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Can A Virus Transfer From One Hard Drive To Another If One Is The Master And One Is The Slave?

Relevancy 39.99%

Not sure where to ask this but hopefully this is a good place to start.

I have an old Windows 98 machine with serial ports for external communication. I have a new Windows XP machine also with a serial port. I would like to transfer files from the 98 to the XP via the ports. I could use ZIP Disk or Floppies but I'm not sure I would live long enough. Can someone tell me how to do this vis the serial ports and maybe what software might be useful ?

Richard

A:File Transfers - W98 to XP

The easiest way is to take the drive out of the wn98 box and temporarily attach to the new one.

it works best if you attach to the secondary channel, the one with the CD/DVD drives.

How to slave a hard drive: http://www.dtidata.com/resourcecente...ve-hard-drive/

You may have to take ownership of the files first: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-transfers-w98-to-xp-468738.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I have 2 Vista PCs and 2 XP, all connected to a WD NAS device. When I copy a folder full of files - about 800Mb - to either of the XP machines this takes about 1.5 mins. When I copy to either of the Vista machines (one Home Basic, the other Home Premium), it takes around 9 mins. I've tried switching the cables - makes no difference. I've tried disabling the firewall and anti-malware (Kaspersky) during the transfer - makes no difference.

How come Vista seems to be so much slower at coping with the transfers than XP? Both the Vista machines are <6 months old, both the XP are > 3 years old, so it should be the other way round if anything!

All the NICs are set to auto-negotiate.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks

Chris

A:Issue with NAS transfers

Quick clarification - I'm talking about copying files from the NAS to the PC's.

In practice it's quicker to copy files from the NAS to one of the XP machines, then to a large USB memory stick, then onto the Vista machines. Which rather defeats the object of having network based storage....

Thx

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/251016-issue-nas-transfers.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an old W7 system and a new W8.1 system.

The W7 system is WIRED to the modem. The W8.1 is WIRELESS.

The W7 writes data to my NAS at about 36MBps, which, someone suggested was as fast as I could get on my gigabit modem.

The W8.1 writes data to the same NAS through the same modem (wirelessly) at about 5MBps. My modem is N600. Is this the max speed the W8.1 can write to the NAS?

I am considering a new AC1750 modem. Would this appreciably increase the speed my W8.1 can write to my NAS. The W8.1 system is an 802.11ac one.

Or should I just WIRE my W8.1 to my current modem?

How much faster would my W8.1 write to my NAS on the AC1750 modem? WIRED and WIRELESS?

A bit cheeky but could someone please crunch the numbers for me.

I don't even know where to start.

A:Can someone please do the math on transfers to NAS

No calculations but , if the NAS is wired to your router and the 8.1 has the same gigbyte ports as the Win 7 machine , then wiring the Win 8.1 to the router will probibly give the same throughput as the W7 machine with the gigabit ports (the new AC router will probibly have the same/similar gigabit ports).

Wirelessly , if it's currently an N based router , you're looking at UP-TO 'approximately' around 4 x the transfer speeds if you switch to AC from N and everything is set up correctly, so 20ish MBps.

These aren't hard figures ,( a lot can affect transfer speeds, not just the compatability between the AC router , the AC hardware in the laptop , but the max throughput on the NAS, the size of the cache on the NAS etc. etc. ) , but possible ones.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48344-can-someone-please-do-math-transfers-nas.html
Relevancy 39.99%

CPU: 2.6c
MOBO: ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
HDD1: MAXTOR 120GB w/8MB Cache @ 7200RPM
HDD2: MAXTOR 300GB w/16MB Cache @ 7200RPM

Question:

In my BIOS setup, when I choose any of the above Hard Drives... I get taken to another page full of options... all are selected as AUTO... except the last one "32-Bit File Transfers" is set to DISABLED... with the only other option being ENABLED...

What does this mean?
What would ENABLING it do in terms of performance?

A:32-Bit File Transfers??

The ATA interface transfers data 16 bits at a time (we had 16-bit PCs when the standard came out). Since modern PCs are 32-bit then it is more worthwhile to take two of those 16-bit chunks and transfer them to the CPU or memory together.

It will give you a small performance boost if you enable that option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/32-bit-file-transfers.18321/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all,

I recently got a BSOD after trying to have multiple transfers run from my external HDD to my laptop. The error message said: system service exception. Here are the specs on my laptop:

Windows 7 - x64
Originally had Vista, upgraded to windows 7
Full retail version (used windows 7 upgrade)
10 month old acer laptop 5739G
installed windows 7 around feb
Intel Core 2 Due T6500
Nvidia geforce GT130M graphics card (1gb dedicated)
don't know motherboard or powersupply

The file upload tool isnt working so here's a mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4b2yfz3hbbtd774
Thank you so much!

A:BSOD after transfers

Your ethernet controller is disabled. Did you do this deliberately? If so, why?

Your int15 device has configuration problems, have you tried to reinstall your Acer Empowering Technology programs?

Please try running Driver Verifier according to these directions:

Quote:

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
More info on this at this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=244617&sd=RMVP

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Thu Jul 22 17:33:44.642 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:27.764
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff88000000000, fffff8800c106020, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IoCancelIrp+64 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-transfers-500299.html
Relevancy 39.99%

When I plug my flash memory card into my usb 2.0 slot, it only transfers at 1.1.. I've been using this memory card on this computer transfering at 2.O with no problems up until now. I cannot figure out why it would suddenly only transfer at 1.1. Also, in the sysyem tray, there is no longer an option to 'unplug the usb device' . I have an external harddrive plugged into another usb port and that is transfering at 2.O. I've tried plugging the flash memory card into the other available ports, but it still will only transfer at 1.1. What the heck is going on?? Someone please help.

A:USB 2.0 slot transfers at 1.1! Help!

might be worth checking
http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-slot-transfers-at-1-1-help.454646/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just "updated" to windows 7. I took the Hard Drives from the old PC and plugged them into my new build (along with my new 1TB HDD). How do I move my system settings (hopefully desktop, antivirus, and steam account) to my new PC?

A:File Transfers

Quote: Originally Posted by King J

I just "updated" to windows 7. I took the Hard Drives from the old PC and plugged them into my new build (along with my new 1TB HDD). How do I move my system settings (hopefully desktop, antivirus, and steam account) to my new PC?

If you updated there should be a windows.old folder, but did you format the new drive? if so that is called a clean install.

Now to import settings etc (which I dont recommend) run the easy transfer wizard. It will transfer most but not all. You will still have to re-install the apps, but the prefs may be saved.

We can be of more use if you tell us about your upgrade.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/86260-file-transfers.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Need a step by step guide to transfer files from hard drive [m/s access exercises and homework] to flash drive. Know it must be easy - mind gone blank!! Thanx

A:file transfers

Maybe this could help:

http://www.usbflashdrive.org/usbfd_faq.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfers.469177/
Relevancy 39.99%

Specs Win bit GB ram For the past little while now whenever I would turn on system Network initialize to slow startup, on slow my computer things would start up but it would hang in the sense that nothing would start up until the network was found and connected to The network indicator icon in the taskbar would just have a frozen blue spinning circle While that was happening I would still have internet access but certain things like watching youtube would cause the browser to crash I would Network slow to initialize on startup, slow system be like that for about minutes until suddenly it would tell me quot network found quot and the rest of my pc starts up as usual When in safe mode with networking this problem does not occur I used msconfig and Network slow to initialize on startup, slow system disabled everything that starts up to see if that was the issue but the problem still occurred After some google searching I found some results that tied to having an HP printer some Nvidia network connection But alas I had none of those things On start up I checked my resource monitor to try to catch anything weird all I saw were alot of svchosts and pagefile windows stuff Here's a screenshot of the resource monitor and the network icon thingy I could use the help for this one I'm just about ready to format at this point

A:Network slow to initialize on startup, slow system

Quote: Originally Posted by TurboGFF

Specs: Win7 64bit, 4GB ram.

For the past little while now, whenever I would turn on my computer, things would start up but it would hang, in the sense that nothing *would* start up until the network was found and connected to. The network indicator icon in the taskbar would just have a frozen blue spinning circle. While that was happening, I would still have internet access, but certain things like watching youtube would cause the browser to crash. I would be like that for about 10 minutes until suddenly it would tell me "network found" and the rest of my pc starts up as usual.

When in safe mode with networking, this problem does not occur. I used msconfig and disabled everything that starts up to see if that was the issue but the problem still occurred.

After some google searching, I found some results that tied to having an HP printer, some Nvidia network connection... But alas, I had none of those things. On start up, I checked my resource monitor to try to catch anything weird, all I saw were alot of svchosts and pagefile/windows stuff.

Here's a screenshot of the resource monitor and the network icon thingy.

I could use the help for this one, I'm just about ready to format at this point..

This is obviously a network thing. Has something changed? did it ever work? are you using "homegroup" or workgroup?

Formatting wont help a network problem.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83288-network-slow-initialize-startup-slow-system.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 39.56%

Having continuous problems with freezing and slow data transfer and am wondering if it malware or something DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads HijackThis _ network PC1 network on slow transfer speeds exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No FileTB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autoStartupFolder c docume user startm programs startup borgchat lnk - c program files borgchat BORGChat exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeDPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com templates ieawsdc cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabTCP D CFE -B A- E-B C- CE E Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dllNotify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume user applic mozilla firefox profiles dtam ag default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Yahoo SearchFF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www google com au ig hl en amp source iglkFF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dllFF - plugin c documents and settings user local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nppl dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nprpjplug dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c pr... Read more

A:slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network

Hello jolly_tas,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255034/slow-network-transfer-speeds-pc1-on-network/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have placed abbout 8000 songs on my Dell DJ (30gb0. Is it possible to transfer audio files to another computer ( my laptop ) for example??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-dj-music-transfers.379072/
Relevancy 39.56%

In the following question of course I have clean installs of the OS on all PC s I have verified the cable s ability at Gigabit speed Tried several variations of drivers The PC s have the throughput for Gigabit And the switch is not defective I know the poor transfer speed is below the write speed of the slowest drive And I have even replicated the slow results with a crossover cable And that crossover cable have been tested to work at Gigabit speed And the network cards have been replaced with the same results I E this is Problems Gigabit XP-XP with transfers not a hardware problem Nor is it corrupt software There are PC s One is named HTPC it runs XP One is the file server named Cube it also runs XP And my PC is running Win To compare apples to apples I ll just use network utilization Due to HD speed the max I can achieve is on all PC s and is normal File transfers from the Cube or HTPC to me take place at the proper speed But when the HTPC needs to Problems with Gigabit XP-XP transfers download or send files to the Cube or vice versa the transfer rate is with SP or SP If I clean install XP on the HTPC and only install SP then the transfer rate is If I install Problems with Gigabit XP-XP transfers Win on HTPC the transfer rate is This seems to point to Windows XP and maybe it s implementation of TCP IP as the problem Is there any way to fix this Or is this just a limitation of XP-XP transfers nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Thinking I had read the instructions correctly to import information from outlook express to outlook, I pushed the button.

Now I'm told there are errors and there is no access whatsoever.

So

I then read on and opened a new folder with a password, thinking I could start over and enter at least individual contacts as and when.

Now I am totally lost.

How can I save the actual Outlook programme but delete the contents and start again please?

I need to import from Outlook Express and from Thunderbird.

On another computer I have loads of contacts in an OLD version of ACT.

Is there any way I can transfer this information on to a stick or disk and into Outlook.

As you will have gathered from above, treat as a total novice when explaining please.

Regards

Skeeg.

Relevancy 39.56%

I find myself having to move many large data files (telemetry data) across our ethernet network with Windows systems. It takes forever to move 50GByte files from one PC to another using wintdows Network Neighborhood.

Is there such a utility that can move these large data files much faster than Windows drag n drop stuff? I read an article where one organization transferred an entire 4.2GB DVD movie over the internet in 10 minutes using standard ethernet protocols. Why can't we all move files like this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

GoJoeGo

Relevancy 39.56%

I'm having problem transferring large files from the inernal hard disk of my computer to an external hard disk. The transfer freezes when I am copying a large amount of data. Last week I emptied the recycle bin of the external hard drive, and not I cannot really understand what's happening.

A:File Transfers problem

You could try TeraCopy: http://codesector.com/teracopy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434435/file-transfers-problem/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

I have just bought a new laptop and would like to transfer all my data and systems settings from my old laptop.

Specifically all the IE favourites and some random files.

I use Windows Xp, and i just want to know the easiest way to do this, ie not setting up a network if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

A:File Settings Transfers

If your old laptop has usb then a pendrive would suffice for backing up and transfer of your old files/ favourites/ email contacts list etc.

If its just word files and favourites you should be able to do this via floppies, you can use a program such as diskspan to move files that are larger than 1.44mb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-settings-transfers.200181/
Relevancy 39.56%

This is more of a report than anything else but it deals with many questions I see asked You ve heard quot backup backup backup quot so many times you re sick of it But Hardware/program transfers, etc. take it from one who s quot been there quot your life will be a lot happier if you do I ve tried all manner of schemes but the best and least worrisome is to use Hardware/program transfers, etc. Drive Image and Partition Magic both programs from PowerQuest I think Symantec bought them out so I don t know how good their support will be However they re both mature programs and there s not much to go wrong with them Drive Image lets you make an exact duplicate of a drive including settings and it s pretty easy to restore your system in event of a crash Just make sure the image isn t on the same drive where the crash might occur such as your C drive Maybe park it on a USB external one Partition Magic lets you move or copy entire drives to other locations on your system adjust partition sizes change their format FAT FAT NTSF and a lot of other neat stuff - things you can t possibly do using FDISK It s a bit tricky to master but there are a lot of opportunities to abort before making the final changes Partiton Magic also has a drive quot mapper quot program so when you change stuff from one drive to another it will re-map the pointers so you don t have to reinstall all of your applications manually Both programs have helped me when I ve moved physical drives between machines I consider them a good investment nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-program-transfers-etc.269915/
Relevancy 39.56%

Good day, could anyone please help.

about 1 hour ago, an application appeared in the lower-right taskbar, a blue-ish looking logo, keeps complaining that my computer just got infected and that hackers are attacking.

It keeps opening MS explorer and going to a website called www.softwarean.com (with a lengthier string at the end). It basically insists that I "upgrade to a full protection" in order for the threat to be disabled.

The strange part is that I shut-off the wireless immediately and it kept warning me of ongoing live attacks. I managed to connect on the net to write this now by rebooting in safe mode (on windows XP professional).

I ran Norton (full scan) and nothing came up, I do have the very latest updates for definition.

Looks like an app which auto-runs.

Can someone please help.

thank you

A:Infected - transfers me to www.softwarean.com

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378730/infected-transfers-me-to-wwwsoftwareancom/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, i have just brought a wireless router so that i can have two laptops in my house which are in diffrent rooms connected to the internet. One laptop (this one) is connected to the modem router, and the other laptop is connected via usb device which has picked up the router signal fine. They are both connected to the internet now, what i wanted to do (if possible) is to put folders/files from this computer on to my other laptop, if that is possible can someone give me steps on how to do it, i think that makes sence if not i am sorry.
Thank You
Liam

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello is there anyway to limit file transfer speed on the local area network (not the wan port)? I have a tv tuner farm on my server wich I use to stream live tv to other computers on network. Problem is when I start a file transfer it maxs my connection leaving tv unwatchable. I am running windows 7 hp and have a wired gigabit network. Thenks in advance. cheers

A:File transfers hog all bandwidth

Does your router support QoS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143385-file-transfers-hog-all-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Has anybody had problems with the Windows Easy Transfer cable from an "photo set-up" HP Pavillion mx 70 (circa 2001) to a new HP? I can't get the cable to work and the only system error I can find is that my USB port is not high speed. Since I couldn't do a direct transfer I started loading my photos via disks. I'm also having problems with VISTA "reading" my old Kodak digital disks (2002, 2001, 2000). Went back to the pavillion copied the photos to flash drive and then loaded to my new HP. At this rate it will take me months to transfer all my photos! I'm also having problems with getting VISTAs to see my HP 3500 scanner. I couldn't find any updates to the print driver. Is there any way to transfer/use the HP image zone from XP? Lastly, any reason why Netzero keeps getting corrupted with VISTAs?

A:Problems with Photo Transfers

Install a USB 2 card in your computer. They are cheap.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189470-problems-photo-transfers.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I just got a new NAS and am backing up my computer. I just wanted to know how long a 10Gb transfer should take over the network? I know there are many variables but am just curious as to how long you believe it should take. I have GB network but that I know has nothing to do with a NAS.
patriot pcnasvk35s2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822219003
It is connected directly to Ethernet 1GB switch. Nothing is wireless in the connection. It all goes through an AT&T router/modem from 2wire a 1702HG Gateway.

A:How long should file transfers take?

How long should file transfers take?Click to expand...

until they are done

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-long-should-file-transfers-take.143617/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello I've searched the internet and I can't find a solution for this I have several USB external hard drives and they all seem to exhibit this transfers File disconnecting 3.0 through keep USB problem First I had a Western Digital MyPassport SE TB with USB Transfers of GB or less are usually fine but once it gets higher than that the drive disconnects It disconnects before the transfer is complete usually disconnecting about seconds after transfer begins I thought something was wrong with the hard drive so I had File transfers through USB 3.0 keep disconnecting it RMAd New drive came back and still didn't work This year's Black Friday gave me a Western Digital Elements TB also with USB capabilities Same as before files bigger than GB will not transfer And yesterday I was graced with a Western Digital MyPassport TB but unfortunately the same problem occurs For all of these drives I can transfer large files through USB connections no problem I would be happy with this but I was really looking forward to using my computer's USB connection for the faster speeds I've tried updating drivers for the port but I still have the problem Does anyone have any suggestions Here are links to the hard drives Western Digital MyPassport SE TB mine was new Newegg com - Refurbished Western Digital My Passport Essential SE TB USB amp USB Black Portable Hard Drive WDBACX BBK Western Digital MyPassport TB Newegg com - Western Digital My Passport TB USB amp USB Portable Hard Drive WDBY L BBK-NESN Western Digital Elements SE TB Newegg com - Western Digital Elements SE TB USB Portable Hard Drive WDBPCK BBK-NESN Here is the link to my laptop ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS U E I have the i CPU and Windows Home Premium

A:File transfers through USB 3.0 keep disconnecting

why not have a look at my paste "My Method to fix the windows 7 mouse randomly freezing issue "
I think you can not use usb3.0 now, I might be wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/266728-file-transfers-through-usb-3-0-keep-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Okay, here is my situation. I have two folders with movies, one on my external hardrive, and the other on my desktop PC. Both contain at least 400 GB's of movies, however, both hardrives may have 10-20 different movies on them. Both the internal and external hardrive are 500 GB's.

I'd like to know how I could transfer the movies I don't have, so that both hardrives have the same movies, I cannot simply copy and replace and fill the difference because it states that I do not have enough space. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: Movie Transfers

I'm looking for a program possibly that compares the two for differences, or something along those lines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-movie-transfers.1143698/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello & let me thank everyone now for their time.

This last week I was told that burning data files to DVD's should be done in the Vista master fmt not open / live. So I lost 30 hours on a Vebatim 4.7g DVD disc.

Since then I have meticolusly used the Vista mast fmt & burning icons etc, finished every write to the Magnavox 4.7g +R DVD & today, Viola! no can see the files with 3.44g free on 1 of 2 disc I'm burning to!?!?

"This is eating my lunch, give me Unix & a tape drive anytime!"

By the pattern I just quoted above I copied all the #2 disc files onto a new dir on the hard driive. I added what was missing then did a mass copy onto a new DVD+R. Worked, kind of until I tried to add some other files.

O well here's the solution, kinda.

Favorite Movie Quote "Information Please!"

A:Windows DVD file transfers.

I would recommend against using "sessions" on any disc media. It's just asking for problems. If you want to save data to CD or DVD try a few brands. See which work best in your burner. Then use:
dvdinfopro.com - Home Page

to see who made them. Once you know the discs will burn well, get spindles of 50 or 100 cheap at one of the reputable online stores. Also I recommend burning data discs using Imgburn

I used to fool around with "using CD as a floppy" type of stuff like InCD. You're lucky if you can read the stuff back on the same machine awhile later, never mind on a different machine. Even burn erasable discs as if they were CDR or DVDR. Your chances of being able to read the data back off are much higher.

With Imgburn you need to format the erasable disc as CDR or DVDR the first time you write to it. After that just do a "quick erase" before reusing.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293168-windows-dvd-file-transfers.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Not sure if this is the right forum or not to post this, but I just purchased a new Dell computer and want to know what is the easiest, most efficient and most economic way to move all my files from my old Gateway to my new computer. I'm going from Win ME on the old computer to preloaded Win XP Home on the new one. I also have dual hard drives on my oldie and moving to a single HD on the new one.

Thanks...........

Relevancy 39.56%

When I try to use explore (right click on the Start button) and drop and drag pictures from an external drive to my picture folders, the window closes, fails, and refreshes back tot he desktop. It use to work fine but for the last few months it fails. I like to choose several pictures on an external drive and simply move them to my hard drive. Can someone help or suggest a quick alternative. Thanks.

A:Transfers with explore problem

Hello Jrweis, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I suppose that if you use your C:\Users\(user name)\Pictures folder a lot, then you could create a shortcut of it to the desktop to use. This way you could drag and drop on that shortcut folder a bit faster.

Another alternative is to add Copy to Folder and Move to Folder to the context menu. This way you can just select the pictures on the external drive, right click on them, click on Copy to Folder, and select the Pictures folder to copy them all to in one swift move.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216085-transfers-explore-problem.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My neighbor asked me to look at her computer, because it has started running very slowly. When I checked, the computer itself is OK, but her dialup connection is transferring very slowly. It actually connects at 50K, but the connection icon indicates that it is very underutilized. I tried several different servers, web and email, and the result was the same. Transfers ar less than 1K bytes/sec.
Does anyone have a checklist of things I should start looking for?
Thanks

A:Dialup transfers sloooow!

Try cleaning out all internet stuff she has already read or used or does not need, like inbox, draft, sent bulk, and trash, for beginners.

From John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dialup-transfers-sloooow.461474/
Relevancy 39.56%

Question how is a digital photo in RAW TIFF or JPEG transferred to Printer Photo transfers from the photo editor app to a printer what does the printer do with it I have a Spyder Pro PC monitor calibrator that analyzes the PC monitor display and develops color correcting calibration values so the monitor displays true colors my monitor tends to have too much Photo to Printer transfers yellow These values are used by the the printer once they have been loaded into the printer as the printer color quot profile quot I m supposing the printer using the profile assigns values to the various inks resulting in a printed color image looking the same as it is displayed on the PC monitor Doesn t happen I can t get the printed output to look the same So I d like to know more about how a printer works from the transfer of the image to the printout Maybe it will help me to stop using up photo paper quot trying to get it right quot Thanks in advance for those that respond Appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys,
so i am using sygate as my personal firewall; and just now, my brother that's using his pc on the other room was transfering large files from my computer to his computer, 3 large files actually, and sygate took all my memory i mean really slow so i had to terminate or exit the program, and before i closed sygate the transfer speed was 3MBYTES/s and after i closed it it jumped up to the normal speed and the transfer quickly finished.
so the question is how can i make sygate let the information pass as quickly as it normally would without sygate on, and not to take all the memory on my computer

A:Sygate and file transfers pc to another pc

come on guys no one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sygate-and-file-transfers-pc-to-another-pc.250885/
Relevancy 39.56%

Problem: How to get files from a ThinkPad 550 with only a Serial and Parallel connection to a brand new NetVista with only USB ports without spending an arm and a leg and without using a million disks. I have already tried an online file service, but does not seem to work - any idea would be great!

A:ThinkPad to new NetVista transfers??

Well, what's an arm and a leg?

You could buy a USB ZIP drive and a parallel ZIP drive - one for each machine - and copy everything onto nice big ZIP disks.

That's probably the easiest way to do it.

Do these machines also have PC Card sockets? You could get a couple of PC Card network cards and connect the machines directly with a cable if they do. That would be cheaper, and faster.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-to-new-netvista-transfers.34949/