Windows Support Forum

How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Q: How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 96.1%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

I dont think you mean modem; but router rather. Is that right? Because usually modems themselves dont have passwords; but routers do. If its the router you want to change the password for; you should be able to use any device that has web access to access the web configuration page for the router and in there it should have a section where you can change the passphrase/password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353312-how-change-wifi-password-adsl-modem-without-computer.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello Guys,

I wanna Know That I hab a nokia siemens SL2_141 modem which is not in use...beacause I dont have anymore BSNL connection. Now I am using A Wireless Modem of MTS. Recently I have Buyed New Phone I wanna Use wifi...
So ,Wanna Know From You Guys...

HOw Can I connect Internet of my Wireless Modem to The Wifi of nokia siemens SL2_141 Modem.I have Attached A photo So that U ppl Understand properly..

Pls, Help me out with this Problem
OS-Window 7 (32bit)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Connect a Wireless Modem to ADSL modem for Wifi

The "nokia siemens SL2_141" is a modem/wireless router combo; I assume that "A Wireless Modem of MTS" is also a modem/wireless router combo.

If my assumption is correct you can use the Nokia as an ethernet switch and wireless access point ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-wireless-modem-to-adsl-modem-for-wifi.1085317/
Relevancy 79.12%

hello I have a problem connecting wifi router airlive wt- r to my ADSL modem webstar epc ed using utp patch cable When my PC is connected straight to the ADSL modem everything works like charm But when I connect modem with wan port on the router and router with my PC I get no internet access The network shows as unidentified network and win troubleshooter says Default gateway not available Connecting them two devices seems pretty simple and I don t think I am doing anything wrong so what could be the problem Any help would be very appreciated Thank you This is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Milan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Milan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - - -DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained listopadu Lease Expires ledna Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv adsl wifi to connecting modem router IAID DHCPv Client DUID connecting wifi router to adsl modem - - - - - -C - -BC- F-F - - -DF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CF - B - -AF E- F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:connecting wifi router to adsl modem

can we see an ipconfig /all when connected to the webstar epc2203ed2.0 only
its possibly showing as a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wifi-router-to-adsl-modem.1077863/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello everyone I'm trying to achieve something which I think most might not have tried starting with what I have Type adsl cpe iad modem-It has built in wifi A fiber internet connection A samsung smart tv with built in lan adapter inch LED-no wifi but wifi ready Now the modem which I have mentioned above cannot be used with the fiber internet connection So it is just lying waste but I want to use my internet connection provided by my ISP through fiber connection with the modem so that I can use my modem's wifi and lan ports What I have done was connected my laptop to my modem's wifi and also to my ISP's fiber connection so my laptop is connected to both the networks and now I have tried to establish a bridge connection between the lan connection and the wifi connection I was successful and I was also able to share my internet connection as shown in my laptop but when I have checked for the wifi internet connection it is not there Checked on my mobile-one x and use connection. to with a wifi modem's ADSL fiber a How ipad So is there any way so that I can do this Please don't suggest me to use a application like connectify or virtual router to share my fiber internet connection Now there is a another thing that i have mentioned above my Samsung tv now I have connected one of my modem's lan connection to my tv and tried to use the all share application my laptop is connected to the same modem through wifi in my laptop I have found my tv and the laptop connected to the modem Control Panel Network and Internet Network Map but my tv is not at all recognizing my laptop and my laptop is also not finding my tv in the allshare application If my first problem of getting my internet to the modem's wifi is possible then I also want to try that for the modem's lan connection so that I can avoid the pain of buying a samsung wifi dongle which costs more than of my tv's price This is my first post in this form pls give your suggestions if I have gone How to use a ADSL modem's wifi with a fiber connection. wrong any where

A:How to use a ADSL modem's wifi with a fiber connection.

the answer is YES

you piggy-back the router onto the fibre modem, you can do this if

a) the fibre modem has a LAN port (which it will have)
b) the fibre modem allows its IP range to be changed
c) the spare router allows DHCP to be disabled
d) the spare router allows its LAN IP Address to be changed

if yes to all 4 then you can do this.

you simply shorten the Fibre Modems LAN Range by 1,
e.g. (assuming your Fibre Modem is on 192.168.0.1) change 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.0.3 - 192.168.0.254
as the device is on 0.1 and the rest of the range starts from 0.3 to 0.254 , this leaves 0.2 for the 2nd router to use...

(if your fibre modem is on 192.168.1.254 and range is 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.253 then follow suit by changing the 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2 and using the 192.168.1.1 for the 2nd router)

now once you done the above in the fibre modem you can turn off any wi-fi in the fibre modem ...assuming it has any.

now unplug the fibre modem and plug in the 2nd router, log in, disable DHCP and set its LAN IP Address (not the range) to the address you free'd up previously... e.g. 192.168.0.2 (or 192.168.1.1) then apply & save - you will now use that IP Address to access this router instead of 192.168.0.1

now with both unplugged and powered down/off, plug in the Fibre Modem and turn it on, give it time to connect to internet, then plug a LAN cable from one of its LAN ports to any of the 2nd routers LAN ports, plug in and turn on the 2nd router and wait for a while - you should now be able to use its LAN ports and its Wi-Fi connection

EDIT: as far as im aware its possible to have the 2nd routers IP Address both INSIDE or OUTSIDE (this method) the DHCP Range of the first modem/router, ive seen advice where both have worked.

as for your TV, it sounds like you are trying to Network them together so you can browse/watch files on your TV from your laptop..right? - your TV would have instructions on how to do this if it uses a specific utility/app supplied with the TV, but normally you would have Homegroup running in Windows 7 and this is what networks the computers together, you would then enable sharing on the folders you want too access via the TV, so in laptop right-click on folder (root folder would give access to all folders and files within) , choose PROPERTIES, then SHARING then ADVANCED SHARING and check 'SHARE THIS FOLDER' and click OK - now any computer connected to the router/network via LAN or WIFI can access this folder by accessing the NETWORK link in Start Menu and using the Homegroup password when prompted - but your TV is specific and will/should have its own instructions, disable password on laptops homegroup, this will make it easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/244035-how-use-adsl-modems-wifi-fiber-connection.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi my friend is in Japan and he s signed up for NTT s ADSL service They say he can rent a modem but he would need to get a router too if he wishes to use more computers However he doesn t want a multi-box solution he wants it in box like in other countries a combination ADSL Router Modem with Wifi However he cannot buy them in a few computer stores he has visited I am visiting him soon and we re trying to understand if I ADSL ADSL Japan Modem Wireless service with NTT's Router Can in an work bring over an ADSL router if that would work I know about the power limitations but that aside can it work ps Thinking of bringing something like the following models I will purchase once I know for sure Netgear DG GT Mbps Wireless ADSL Modem Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-in g Wireless Router Linksys by Can an ADSL Wireless Modem Router work with NTT's ADSL service in Japan Cisco WAG GS Wireless-G Can an ADSL Wireless Modem Router work with NTT's ADSL service in Japan ADSL Modem Router pps I see a lot of modems listed on Amazon with ADSL I don t think they have ADSL in Japan according to wikipedia would ADSL modem work with ADSL MANY MANY Thanks if anyone can answer this nbsp

A:Can an ADSL Wireless Modem Router work with NTT's ADSL service in Japan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-an-adsl-wireless-modem-router-work-with-ntts-adsl-service-in-japan.835440/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

Well, not so long ago I got ADSL. In the process of the modem installation I got two new icons added to my system tray: one, I think, is 'CSA', whatever that might be, and the other just says: 'Unplug or Eject Hardware'.

I double clicked the second one, unchecked the box saying 'Show Icon in System Tray', and it was goan. The 'CSA' icon has an option to be removed from the tray icon too.

The question:
Do I need those apps constantly running in the BG? Can I remove them from the tray, prevent them from starting at startup, and only run them when I connect?

They slow my computer a great deal, getting really molases-like.

Thanks,
Daniel.

Relevancy 69.66%

I've currently got a 512kb/s adsl connection but will be moving to a faster 1mb/s connection in next 2 months.In meantime I need to get my other PC to share same connection. So must be wireless. As I understand it a 4 port wireless adsl router means that basically you have an adsl modem that not only controls upload/download link to the internet but lets u plug in 4 PC's hardwired into modem? and then as well as that connect wirelessly?

I'm only looking to connect two PC's to it...one hardwired in and the other wireless equipped with a USB wireless stick.

Would this be suitable?

http://www.ndo.com/ndo/Products/Voyager_2100_ADSL_4_Port_and_Wireless_Router_(802.11g)/prdvoy2100router.html

A:Sharing internet using ADSL. Which router/adsl modem to buy?

I suppose this is what your ISP is trying to sell you..

It will probably work, but I would recommend a product from a brand manufacturer who will actually release patches and support you after two years.

Look for similar products from Linksys, 3Com, SMC, D-Link, Netgear

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-internet-using-adsl-which-router-adsl-modem-to-buy.23863/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am running windows 98se with a sagem fast 500 adsl modem- if I have it connected at start up the computer restarts itself as soon as it has finished starting up. This is not a big problem as I can plug it in after starting up but does anyone know a solution?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-with-adsl-modem-plugged-in.70166/
Relevancy 66.65%

How can I change password on router? I think that there are others using my wifi connectionPlease help!

A:how can i change password on wifi?

We need to know your router make and model number. However, you can access router settings from your browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome or whatever). It is an IP address and will look something like this 192.168.1.1 (although the figures will probably be different). To get in there you have to type a Username and Password. If these have not been set, then look in your router info for the default settings - often something like "Admin" with a blank password.The password above is for router settings access and is not the one you are seeking. Once you get into the router settings look for "passphrase" or "pass key" (the former being the correct terminology). When you find it you input your current passphrase and then replace it with whatever you require. You will then also have to change that on all devices that use it.If your security is high enough, WPA2 for example, then others shouldn't be accessing it unless they are very well versed in this sort of thing. What evidence do you have which makes you feel this is happening? Sometimes sharing the same channel with your nearest neighbour can slow things down (if that is the issue). Channels 1, 6 and 11 are usually selected to minimise overlaps. Routers by default just select channels automatically but that does not mean that they necessarily chose the best one. There is a lot to be said for manually selecting one where others using it show weak signals. Unfortunately Windows does not provide any indication of what channels are being use and by whom. There a little freebie programs that do this - here is one:http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirele...It also shows signal strengths on the same page and can be run from a shortcut rather than continuously in the background.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/security/how-can-i-change-password-on-wifi/39971.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i have an aztech modem dsl605ew

when ever i try to change the wifi password from the routers settings it says"Invalid WEP Key 0 ...Reverting to previous configuration" after i type a new password in the space and click apply.
there are four spaces to put four useable passwords, i dont know why it doesnt accpet anything other than my old one

Relevancy 65.79%

I am trying to help someone with a Windows 10 laptop connect to a WiFi network. Unfortunately, I inadvertently entered an extra character in the password for the network, and now, of course, the laptop won't connect to the network.

Unlike Windows 7, I can't get access to the network Properties section, because the computer has never connected to that network, and the right click doesn't work from the task bar icon. It also doesn't work from the Settings/Network & Internet window.

I have tried searching the internet (and this forum) for a solution, but everything I have found so far doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all I recently changed the SSID 7 wifi change password to in windows Unable and wep key digit - passphrase generated on my router Linksys WAG v Unable to change wifi password in windows 7 Firmware All computers on the network have been updated successfully and are accessing the internet except one It's a new Viao laptop running Windows Ultimate -bit It's been working fine able to access the internet on this router until I changed the SSID and password Now whenever I try to connect it only gives limited access The password has been triple checked Router has been reset multiple times I've disabled re-enabled repaired and even uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless card All settings on the laptop have been cross-checked with other computers on the network and it all matches exactly The laptop isn't receiving any packets from the router and the router hasn't assigned an IP address or SSID to the laptop indicating an authentication issue This is supported by network diagnostics asking me to check the wep key which I've obviously done many times On the router side all other computers are having no problems there are no restriction policies set up I've released all clients and re-checked lease times and maximum allowable connections Everything is working for the other computers I'm thinking this is a registry bug as my girlfriend may have entered the Wep key incorrectly the first time but I'm fresh out of ideas and haven't found any similar problem on the forums Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Unable to change wifi password in windows 7

Can't you just log into the router and reset the settings?

If you don't have the password, you can perform a "hard" reset using the reset button on the back of the router, normally you need to hold this button down for up to 30 seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77015-unable-change-wifi-password-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi not been on here for a while took me an age to remember log in etc which is a good sign as everything has been ticking along quite merrily then I thought I would catch up Modem ADSL Modem/Wireless with st century and the fun began Ok I have just ADSL Modem/Wireless Modem purchased a Belkin ADSL modem with wireless G router and wireless G usb network adapter was so proud of myself until I wanted to intall it etc It would seem that I have the wrong modem I presently have an ADSL speedtouch which has a ADSL Modem/Wireless Modem fixed connection into it so am unable to use etheral wire I ve confused myself already I have an old Voyager that I was given when I was with BT but it won t let me install it even using disk I still have tried it on notebook laptop too keeps telling me I don t have administrator rights blah blah blah I am currently getting my broadband from Orange If I upgrade with them they want to charge me a small fortune initially and then monthly which I have told them to poke Is there anyway of using present speedtouch with belkin wireless If not if I purchase an ADSL modem without a fixed connection what do I need to do then Uninstall speedtouch-install new modem But will my Orange broadband still work if internet connection not coming through Orange provided speedtouch If need to buy different modem where is the cheapest best easiest place for me to go either on foot or online Sorry it s long winded but it s late and it s been driving a little crazy Thank you Lara nbsp

A:ADSL Modem/Wireless Modem

Hi Lara.

I am not familiar with DSL service in the UK but someone else here may be able to assist you if you gave us the exact model numbers of all you networking hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-wireless-modem.868937/
Relevancy 58.91%

I will contact Cox shortly with the information but my brother s computer has seemingly gone from okay to worse even after having scanned with ADWcleaner It s laggy and whenever he turns it on it reboots our internet modem and kicks us out of the internet for awhile I can t even run ADWcleaner again without serious lag I m hoping we can get it back to normal so I m posting here Will contact COX internet about what website triggered the warning that our internet has been compromised SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft computer wifi Brother's modem slow, reboots Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G G Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc D Y Antivirus Windows Defender Brother's computer slow, wifi modem reboots Disabled I am also attaching the ADWcleaner log that I scanned just in case that is helpful as well Thank you Brother's computer slow, wifi modem reboots nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brothers-computer-slow-wifi-modem-reboots.1158118/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi ........need a USB ADSL Modem ? Support UK or BT !

Which make is recommended ?

Been checking here not sure which to go for ?

http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/products.asp?pm=258

&

http://www.dslsource.co.uk/products.asp?idProdType=1

Any other sites recommended ?

Thx !

Relevancy 58.48%

How can I reset my administrative password of Adsl modem I forgot my admin password.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38d80c3b-a0e7-4985-99e7-4497d0791223/adsl-modem?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi

I've got a Mecer ADSL 4 Port Router. I've got a laptop and I've got a normal computer. They both have Windows XP. I connect my laptop to the router via USB and connect the computer via the ethernet port (or whatever its is called). The internet works well on the computer, but stops working after an hour or so on the Laptop. Can anybody help?

Relevancy 58.48%

hello
i have a d-link dsl-504T adsl router, i had to do a reset on it by using the factory reset button but now it wont turn on properly, the status light doesnt come on and i cant connect to it in any way shape or form, is it screwed???? please help,
thanks in advance
ninechat

Relevancy 58.48%

can i connect to the internet on a dial up 56k plan using a adsl modem. if so, will it be faster?

A:adsl modem

There is no way you can do that. You need a normal dialup modem to do so,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem.13946/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone,

Just i wonder know which best for ADSL usb modem.

i have Zoom (ADSL usb modem) is best. i used online with Plus.net.

its big speed is 576kps (normal or less 512kps) and cost 18.99 every months.

i have no problems with them for over 8 years.

What do you think? or other better than mine?

im grateful if anyone know which best.

ps- its only ADSL (not dial up 56k, 1MB or more)

cheers
Dunko9

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-which-best-for-usb-modem-adsl.229639/
Relevancy 58.48%

my ADSL connection fails because of uncompatible hardware driver for Dlink DSL-200 ADSL modem.
what should i do?
the windows vista driver didn't work either.

A:ADSL modem DSL-200

same problem here looking for help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49223-adsl-modem-dsl-200-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
I'm planning on getting ADSL soon and I'm trying to work out what sort of ADSL modem would be ok. I want to use two computers with the modem but the phone jack is about 6 metres away from the computer.

Would a wireless ADSL router allow me to have two computers access the internet at the same time? Do I need anything special to have my computer work with a wireless unit like the one here http://www.billion.com.au/html/xdsl/7500g.htm? Would using something like this mean I don't have to have a cable running from the phone jack to my computer (like I do now lol)?

My computer has XP Home and the network card (if I looked up the right thing) is a Realtek TRL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC.

Any comments you can give would really help.

Thanks

A:ADSL modem

You would need wireless network cards in both pc as well to use the wireless unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem.215619/
Relevancy 58.48%

need a help i using wifi to connect my adsl router yesterday i wrong press the update firmware inside the modem setting now i adsl in cant log modem to can t log in to modem at all why all my request at here Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users d viL gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name d viL-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TP-LINK Mbps Wireless N Adapter Physical Address F -D - - - -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b e df Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday May AM Lease Expires Wednesday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F- - cant log in to adsl modem - - D- -CB-A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - D- -CB-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F CB -A E- -AB - CD D F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F CE CE- B - -A D-BAE AFF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys,

Long time Without a Prob.....Till Now

Like the title says, i dont know if its a Hub or Adsl Modem Prob.....

When i Transfer Large amount of files (withIn 3gb) on the network my whole network goes down even the 2nd comp, at the same time i have to reset the hub (turning It off) and the ADSL modem just to get connection back from the 2 comp and internet.....

I Have a Netcomm ADSL2+ and a Generic 5 port Hub.

Now i dont know if its the modem or the hub....can some one show me the light on this problem.......

I Can just buy one or the other but if my ADSL modem is running ok i will buy a New Hub (Maybe the 1gb 5 port) if not then i will need info on a GOOD ADSL+ Modem....

Relevancy 58.48%

firstly sorry cuz my english isn't well, When i do many thing at the same time on the internet like download,surfin on web, listenin music.. Suddenly both lights of USB adsl modem go out and all my usb devices stop working. A full reboot is required to get USB working again (which is really boring).

VIA VT8C572/VT82C586 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller ( 1.0 interface)
AMD Athlon 800 Mhz
128mb SDRAM

A:USB Adsl modem

I'd guess that you have some sort of USB driver conflict. It's not uncommon to have issues if you get a bunch of USB devices all connected. Networking seems especially prone to have issues with other USB devices...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-adsl-modem.347006/
Relevancy 58.48%

I want to go from a desktop pc to wireless laptop .I have been told that 330 modem adsl wont work with vista .I got a wireless router and modem but cant get it to work can anyone help me sort this out.

A:help with modem adsl 330

Okay first I very much doubt that the modem cares whether you are using Vista or not, so that's something to disregard.

Is the hardware a "Speedtouch 330 Modem" from the UK ? Googling indicates this hardware is being provided by an ISP ?

If so, your best source of information is the ISP. Check to see if they have configuration instructions on-line, or call Tech Support for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-modem-adsl-330-a-209912.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i have been trying to solve this problem for sometime now as i am getting crashes now at least once a day and it is getting me down ,the problem is with my new adsl modem which is a zoom model ever since installing it i have received the blue screen when my pc crashes saying that newly installed softwear or hardwear may not be installed right or may need updated drivers but the drivers i used for the modem came with it and are xp -pro compatable so whats the problem can anyone help me plz.

A:zoom (adsl modem)

Is this a USB modem? What do the BSOD's say as far as failures?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zoom-adsl-modem.94435/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all We have had our ADSL modem working modem ADSL problems for over years non stop Literally Lately problems have arisen Normally any internet problems occur with the router but ADSL modem problems now its the modem The first problem that occured was that the ADSL lights would spontaneously turn off and thus kill the internet connection for any computer While this killed connection would not physically show in the form of a windows alert since we were connected to a router we could tell because the connection would slow and fail This problem occured randomly Yesterday I was just pissed at that and decided to unplug the modem for a good amount of time to let it cool down Once I plugged it back in the power light came on but no other light did No status light no ADSL lights no Ethernet lights I have not plugged it in since but I will try again tonight when I get home Sorry I could not provide you with a model name for the modem but I can provide one when I return home and figure it out It is unlikely however I will be able to connect to the Internet when I am at home though I have a feeling it is the fault of a new phone we installed recently I will try some on off tests with those But other than that does anyone have any ideas as to why the modem would spontaneously bust like that I appreciate your input Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

The problem is every time I go on the internet I have to re-install my modem driver in winxp. Can enyone help?

A:adsl modem driver

tanglefoot

where are you
who is your isp
what o/s are you using
and is it usb or rj45

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-driver.66219/
Relevancy 57.62%

when I unplug AC Adapter from my notebook my adsl modem restarts... it never happened before... pls help :S

A:ADSL modem restart

Replug the laptop charge into a power strip with an on/off switch and
then power it off before unplugging.

When the laptop is charging, especially if the battery is very low, the removal
of the A/C adaptor from the laptop creates a SPARK and this creates RFI;
Radio Frequence Interference. A wireless ADSL modem may take the RFI
and --- do any number of interpretations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem-restart.82528/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I want to know suggestions of good Wireless ADSL modem router combo (two devices in one) from experience people. I have two floors house build from concrete blocks and cement. However , I looking for a device that has WAN port so I can use the device as router only if I want.

I have no idea if ADSL modem-router has WAN port or only has the phone line as input and Ethernet and wireless as output without having Ethernet WAN port

It would be good if you give links from www.ebay.com or other ebay sites and an item can be sent to United Arab Emerate

My maxmum price $100 including shipping

A:Looking for ADSL modem and router in one but...

If you're looking for a device with an Ethernet WAN port, just buy a separate modem and router, problem solved. I doubt you'll find many options of a single unit with that capability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-adsl-modem-and-router-in-one-but.812557/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey My current ISP is Mbps down and ADSL fast for modem. Looking a around Looking for a fast ADSL modem. Kbps up I have a BT USB ADSL Modem with max down speed of Mbps I m quite happy with it as I seem to achieve a fairly constant speed of Mbps according to speed tests and file download times The thing is it uses of my USB bus If I plug in anything else but my printer to USB ports the other USB devices wont work unless I reboot then when i do my modem will only connect at about Mbps I ve been looking for a new modem I m not sure what s the best to go for so many options tho I know I wont be getting USB I also have to bear in mind that there are strong rumours that my ISP will be upping it s max down speed to Mbps soon and when there were rumours that they were going to go Mbps it happened within weeks I want a modem with good max downspeed Every modem I can seem to find has max downspeeds of Mbps any advice on what modems to go for preferably on the cheap side of extremely good value also has to be available to the UK nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
Just moved to ultimate x64.
My Voyager 105 USB now defunct

Any advice on good replacement?
Do I need to go ethernet?
Don't really need wireless?

Any advice appreciated

A:ADSL Modem Recommendations

HI Waterstar,

D-Link is good i use DSL0322t model and it works really good.

Hope this helps

Cheers !!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/154689-adsl-modem-recommendations.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Please help me. I have a Prolink ADSL USB modem installed. It is working okay. I downloaded a free registry cleaner and in the process deleted the registry values of my modem. It was in the HKey Local Machine and goes something like this.: DSLAGENTEXE and DSLSTSTEXE. Also, when I tried to uninstall my modem so that I can re-install it, it refuses to uninstall saying missing .dll and that I have no administration rights though I am the only user. Please help me. Thanks!

A:Uninstalling ADSL Modem

Hi

Which Operating System are you using? XP or Vista for example.

Can you give me the exact model of the modem? Preferably from a sticker.

In future, when uninstalling use Revo uninstaller from http://www.revouninstaller.com

When prompted for the Removal Type choose Advanced.

The program is safe, sets a System Restore point first (assuming you haven't disabled it), I use it all the time both for myself and for my customers.

Assuming the program still appears in Add / Remove Programs or Program and Features - Revo WILL be able to remove it regardless of whether the built in uninstaller works or not. Just continue with the Revo bit after the built-in uninstaller fails.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalling-adsl-modem.805574/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Guys I just got signed onto broadband Internet a couple of days back The problem that I am having is connecting to the internet modem Once I connect my laptop Toshiba A -S Windows XP Media to the modem D Link DSL-G T the set-up CD fails to read the modem because halfway through the device set-up the internet connection fails along with the wireless connection Restarting my computer along with resetting the modem to factory setting has not helped Even if it does go through the device set-up by any chance I am unable to get through the account and ISP configuration because of connection time out I ve read a lot of posts about upgrading firmware for the modems and all If it helps my modem details are DLS-G T H W DSL-G604T ADSL Modem Help. Ver C F W V b T AU-A I have also tried to configure the router by typing in http in the web browser but I got prompted with the following message Problem Report Access denied due to URL Filter Configuration Message ID Filter Denied Problem Description Your system was configured to deny access to the requested URL Also tried with and without the firewall I am not too sure whether this is a hardware fault or what but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:ADSL Modem DSL-G604T Help.

You should start by using an Ethernet connection between the modem and computer before trying to use the wireless. Many routers need to be configured before the wireless will work. Also since this is a new setup you should talk to the ISP, especially before updating the firmware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-dsl-g604t-help.569548/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi!

Now I once again have a new question.
Can I limit the different network ports (1-4) ul/dl speed on my modem? -so that for ex ports 1-3 has "full speed" and port 4 is limited to max 100kB/s dl and 20kB/s ul.
I have a TeleWell TW-EA501 and here is the manual for it but I just don't get it (in English on page 14)

http://www.telewell.fi/ohjekirjat/TW-EA501_versio1_ohjekirja.pdf

thx in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-configuring-adsl-modem.160075/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, Thankyou all for your help so far, but can anyone shed some light on this...
Can anyone tell me how i can test a BT VOYAGER 200 modem coz i just bought a secondhand one and it doesn't seem to work???
I am on AOL silver and have a D-LINK DI-514 router and i want togo wireless with my laptop i know i can't use my AOL software with it but am quite happy using IE, i've done everything by the book and set up my router and downloaded latest drivers for modem too but the new hardware wiz. does'nt kick in when installing and i'm at a loss! THANKS AGAIN HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP

A:problem ADSL modem

Do you have your microfilters in place?
http://www.voyager.bt.com/200/microfilters.htm

To bad I don't know much of anything about ADSL modems. Their web site says it should be automatic setup. But I imagine your service provide has to setup the modem? Or you have to put your username and password into it somehow or some kind of codes?

Did you call your ISP and see if they can see it?

That's as far as I can muster. Don't come across ADSL in my area much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-adsl-modem.48024/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am installing a netgear ADSL modem DG834 v2, I am asked for ADSL configeration information from my ISP provider.
Where do I find this infomation?

John

A:netgear ADSL modem

Usually on the webpage of your ISP provider.

Most have settings available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-adsl-modem.593506/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi friends.iam a new member of this site.i recently bought a adsl modem.
it is hurricane 8600 usb modem.i have installed my modem and the drivers.
my modem works.the problem is when i start my computer it doesnt detect my modem and it says adsl no hardware found.
but after the computer is on and when i take it off and put it back in the usb port,it gets detected.
so can u help me with this problem.plssssssss

A:regarding adsl modem plssss help me

Uninstall the modem
Install the driver FIRST
Then attach your usb dsl box.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regarding-adsl-modem-plssss-help-me.390150/
Relevancy 57.62%

hello this is uday and New is this site.i am facing problem with 3 public ip in one adsl modem it is possable or if possable tell me how

A:3 public IP in one ADSL modem

That's call a Virtual Ethernet Interface but requires three sources to feed the virtual addresses, eg:
Code:

--- 192.168.1.x network ------+
--- 172.16.10.x network ---+ |
--- 10.101.23.x network -+ | |
| | |
common switch ---- [B]systemX[/B] with Virtual Interfaces

Then systemX can have one NIC which has a real ip address on (say) the 192.168.1 net,
and virtual addresses for the 172.16.10 and 10.101.23 net

The source networks could just as easily be public ISP connections thru separate modems
(which would require 3x DSL lines and modems for example).

here's a reference for How-To on Linux

and a reference for Win/XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-public-ip-in-one-adsl-modem.126120/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm going to get ADSL from local provider. In their FAQ they say to get ITU G.992.1 (G.dmt) standards supporting ADSL modem. It's 512kbps down and 128kbps up connection.
So getting a separate ADSL modem and connect it to a router or should i get a ADSL router modem both in one device?
If it's a ADSL Router modem what brands or products you think the best?
I am thinking to buy D-Link DSL-504T (http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=3&pid=373) Is it good choice? Anyother good ones or recommendations?

Other thing is if use this router modem to connect my 4 computer at home will it be possible to share files and do all the things like a normal LAN other than just internet connection sharing?

Relevancy 57.62%

Good Morning, i hava an internal ADSL PCI Modem, ITEX Chipset and Topcom Company.

Under XP working god, now i need driver for Windows 7 64Bit.

Can help me ? Please ?

Thanks in advance
Riccardo

A:ADSL PCI Modem Drivers

Welcome to Seven Forums: Not a very user friendly support page. I can for see a couple of problems one being a modem using 32 bit drivers, the other locating this particular manufacturers driver downloads. So lets try this, does it show up in your device manager? If so right click on it>then properties>details tab>drop down menu>select hardware id>Copy and Paste the hardware id string. We might get lucky and find another manufacture using the same chip that might have drivers for it. Oh also please take the time ot go to user CP (top of page) scroll down to edit system specs and fill them in. Thanks Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/80190-adsl-pci-modem-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

I use the ADSL technology for having the Internet. For that, I have a wireless N ADSL2+ modem router model TD-W8151N that I connect it wirelessly by my laptop and smartphone and etc.

I've heard that there is some Windows or smartphone app that can crack my modem and uses my traffic! My traffic volume finishes very soon.
My modem configuration is as normal and is fine but I don't know what is that method those crackers use to break the security of it and my traffic is being stolen still!

Is there any way to block the way crackers crack my modem? If yes, how please?

A:My ADSL modem is hacked!

Quote:
the easiest ways to deter hackers is to disable your remote management settings

How to Stop a DSL Modem From Being Hacked | Everyday Life - Global Post

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372341-my-adsl-modem-hacked.html
Relevancy 57.62%

A friend of mine has a broadband account with AOL. The computer works fine if the modem AOL supplied is used, however they wanted to go wireless so that the second computer they have could access AOL if the other one was offline.
The computers can 'talk' to each other via the wireless but the modem bit of the adsl wireless modem/router does not seem able to connect with AOL for either computer. This appears to be a problem with the set up of the modem which is a fairly standard Newlink. The set up menu has a specific AOL button which configures the modem to AOL's settings but nothing happens afterwards.
They are tearing their hair out and I am starting to do the same! Knowing my luck it will be something so obvious I haven't thought of it.
All help gratefully received.
Steve

A:AOL and wireless adsl modem

Tell your friend to sign up for a real ISP, and you won't have these kinds of issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-and-wireless-adsl-modem.446796/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am staying at my brother's house right now. They have Embarq DSL and have a EQ-660R ADSL Router (that's what they call it. I wouldn't call it a router). On a typical day, you can expect it to loose internet connectivity multiple times per hour. It will usually find a signal and reconnect within a couple of minutes. I have never had DSL, only cable. Is this something that is typical with DSL, or is it probably something wrong with the modem/router. I have noticed this modem on ebay for only a couple of bucks. Would it be worth picking one up, or is this something he is going to have to deal with as long as he has DSL? Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys,

I have an ADSL TP-Link modem model TD-8817 version 6. I want to configure it in bridge mode. The only thing I know about that is my VPI is 0 and the VCI is 35. Does anyone know how to do that step-by-step please?

Thanks.

A:How to configure ADSL modem

Step by Step instructions hope it works out for you http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/adsl_mo...er_bridge_mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/312485-how-configure-adsl-modem.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a 928kbps internet ADSL modem. I did some tests today to check my speed and ping and even though my modem connects as 928kbps it only uses up to 648kbps and my upload is 102kbps out of 128kbps. There are no drivers for my card, and the card is not faulty (say my ISP). Is there any software that can speed up or fix my upload and download speeds? Something that can bring back my missing 280kbps download? Also i get when playing games, no matter where the server is or how close i am to it, i alwas get 200+ ping. Can someone help me find something that will fix my speed and ping, and put them back to normal??

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone i hope ADSL modem query this problem is in the right forum Apologies to everybody this makes no sense to and for my ignorance regarding this At the moment i connect to the internet via freeserve wanadoo with the ADSL broadband modem a Thompson speedtouch that they provided This has now failed What i would like to know is if i went and installed a different ADSL modem bought from any PC shop would i still be able to access the internet via freeserve wanadoo The reason i ADSL modem query ask this is that when i spoke to their customer services they said i had to use a modem supplied by them I thought all they had done was supply an ADSL modem free to encourage me to use them as an ISP They now seem to be claiming that i have to have to use the modem they supply which no doubt they can resupply at a handsome fee Does anybody out there know any different Can i use any modem to access the net using freeserve wanadoo s software or do i have to use theirs Thanks in advance for any answers nbsp

A:ADSL modem query

there is a hi propability this would work, IF ...
you had all the config info AND
you did not require help/support from the ISP.

there are companies that repackage OEM hardware with new docs and
cases with their logos, but the real guts are brand name hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem-query.39043/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am looking for good quality and secured ADSL modem. my current modem can not store admin password. Can anyone recommend pls? thanks

A:ADSL modem (need info)

You should contact your ISP which modem you should use.
Suggestion?
Westell 327w (combo modem/ 4 port wireless router.)
Go to westell.com for more info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-need-info.409457/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have just activated the broadband service And I sucessfully install my Aztech DSL USB modem The line is stable since the light from my modem are not blinking After i use the original dialer of this modem i can t get any response from the USB ADSL problem modem internet It shown error no response from the service provider I tried to call for the help from the technical group of the ISP but they still can t help me to connect to the internet The solution they wanted me to try ADSL USB modem problem are unistall all the dialer and modem and reinstall it again and use the original dialer It seem s not work because the dialer use the phone number i ADSL USB modem problem never see that kind of phone number I ADSL USB modem problem leaved it blank also not working After that the second solution is even weird they want me to press run on the start menu and type gt command Next type gt ipconfig The sentence comes out seems not working for me Hey guys any idea nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Greetings techguy(s)-

Forgive me for asking what is likely old-hat stuff.

Given a) a Zoom model 5615 ADSL Bridge modem currently Internet-connected; b) a Win XP-Prof.-SP3 computer currently connected to the modem (via the Ethernet interconnection) and via that to the Internet; and c) another XP-SP3 computer, nearby and currently not so connected but also containing Ethernet capability, how can I most readily interconnect all 3 items so that d) either computer can access the Internet and e) each computer can "see" the other one for the purpose of interchanging files, making backups from computer #2 to a removable USB HD on computer #1, etc.?

Should be a slam-dunk but...knowing Windows, perhaps not...?

Ken Herrick

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi There Newbie to these forums but have done some research within but can not find answer I have just purchased a Dell optiplex sx running XP home sp from ebay for a friend Before giving it I seeing pc modem adsl router New not have updated it on my home network connected to my cable modem and router with no problems Taking it to her house the pc will not see her Maplin adsl usb modem port router switch which works fine with her previous pc I have tried connecting via USB and ethernet to no avail I New pc not seeing adsl modem router just get the cable is disconnected message low connectivity Whilst this is happeneing the modem-router looses the adsl light and searches across the inputs At this point I found this lovely forum where a common starting point seems to be to do a stack reset so I did this as directed but to New pc not seeing adsl modem router no avail I have done ip config onto a word document but cant work out how to upload it to here However none of the normal ip stuff is on there as it says media disconnected for the local area connection Hope you can help Regards Fugi nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I dont really understand how the whole adsl thing works like "modem trying to sinc" e.t.c.
If i plug my usb adsl modem in and the exchange HAS been enabled will the modem sinc and the adsl light stay green all the time ( or whatever it does ) or will it only do it once we get to the 7/8/03 when my account with Freedom2surf (isp) starts ?

A:Adsl FROG modem

The DSL line needs to configured by your local telco...

I imagine that it will be done before 7/8/03--- Im assuming thats Aug. 8, 03

Until the line is configured... the ready light should just blink (because its not synching to anything) Once it synchs (and your account has been activated) you should be ready to go.

Enjoy High Speed!
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-frog-modem.151221/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Zhone -I - ADSL Bridge Modem hooked up to my PC through an Ethernet cable My internet was working fine Modem ADSL Issue and I tried to access the web-based setup page of the modem to open some ports on the built in firewall It asked for the user name and password which was something other then the default admin admin combo as stated in the PDF manual ADSL Modem Issue So I attempted to do a hard reset and restore the modem to its factory setting After holding the reset button for approx seconds it did its little reset cycle only now not only can I not connect to the ADSL Modem Issue internet I cant even connect to the modem I cant access the log in screen for the modem I cant even ping the modem from the PC I double and triple checked the cables and wires the auto-configure settings in the network connections and tried using the windows connection repair function which says it cant renew my IP address I ve reset the modem again several times and unplugged it to clear any cache memory it may have and still nothing I ve ran out of ideas and everything that usually works to fix internet issues has failed Is there anything that I can try before I call the local service company Thanks in advance nbsp

A:ADSL Modem Issue

I suspect the you've erased your connection parameters, and the only way to restore them will be to contact your ISP at this point. Obviously, if the name/password were not the defaults, they probably wanted to restrict users from tinkering with the modem settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-issue.583441/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi there,

I am looking for a good ADSL Router wired or wireless that also has a gigabit ethernet connections. At the same time are there any good gigalan cards that are good.

Thanks alot always appreciate the help!

(That should be ADSL Router in the thread title, woops)

A:ADSL Modem with Gigabit LAN

Why not a router?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2050400028+1227913602&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=28
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2050410145+1140016717&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=145
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2050410145+1140021051&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=145

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem-with-gigabit-lan.65538/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi,
i have ZTE ADSL modem. how can i find from the modem how much bandwidth i have consumed?

A:Solved: ZTE ADSL Modem

The modem doesn't track such data, you need to get that from the ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-zte-adsl-modem.617007/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have linksys ADSL2+ modem WAG120N with Firmware Version:V1.00.07.

Sometimes I notice that the internet stop working and internet light is off and the modem doesn't connect to the internet again. After restarting the modem, the light is on and the internet is working.

if the disconnection happen from ISP or other reason why the modem does connect to the internet again even though my option is
Keep Alive - Redial Period: seconds
?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-disconnect-the-internet.1007113/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello all I have been working with a Netgear Adsl modem and Wifi router for some time and it works fine Since internet is a must for my work I thought I would get a new modem router with separate Wifi router to enhance Wifi range I chose a Adsl connexion Modem problem TP-Link TD- adsl modem router my Adsl Modem connexion problem Netgear is also an adsl device -plus a Gigabite Wifi router which never got connected for the reason explained below When connected to the adsl line which works perfectly fine with the Netgear modem it does not even recognize the adsl line The corresponding green light lights up on when powering up the modem but then goes dark and stays dark whatever I do Of course I connected the modem to my computer with the Ethernet cable and ran the quick setup using the same setup that works fine with the other modem and yes you guessed right nothing at all the green light does even blink Have you guys any idea what may be going on Maybe I should mention that my phone line is an ISDN line Could that have anything to do with my problem

A:Adsl Modem connexion problem

Have you registered the MAC address of the TP-Link TD-8810 adsl 2+ with your ISP? I bet the network is expecting the MAC address of the Netgear ADSL modem. When it doesn't see the Netgear ADSL modem it drops the link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408424/adsl-modem-connexion-problem/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone

This is my first post to the forum and by looking at some of the information available on the site - this is the place to be!!

I have just purchased this router to update my old ADSL usb modem following an upgrade to Windows Vista.

Although I have the router working in most aspects, there is one area where which I find confusing. I cannot seem to find a way of connecting automatically to the Internet.

At present I open Internet Explorer, type in 192.168.2.1 and connect from the set up screen.

Can anyone tell me if there is a method of making this connection set on computer start up?

Although I have been a PC user for some years, my experience on the networking side is very limited and is quite new territory for me.

Hope you can help.

Kevin Evans
Downham Market
Norfolk

A:Belkin 54G ADSL Modem Router

The connection has got nothing to do with the computer starting up at all. Your computer is always connected to the router and that's all your conmputer has to know. It's the router's problem how to connect to the internet.

You should have a "connect on demand" or "auto connect" setting somewhere in the router setup. This tells the router to keep the connection alive no matter if a computer is turned on or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-54g-adsl-modem-router.102745/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi.

i was working on windows xp pro version 2002 ( pre sp2 ) and the GlobeSpanVirata Adsl Modem was working just fine,

when i made new installation of windows xp pro sp2 may 2007
it didn`t identified the modem

why is that ?

A:XP SP2 cannot identify GlobeSpanVirata Adsl Modem

Hi LightBlue25 !

XP hasn't got all drivers for all devices already included. You probably need to reinstall the modem. If you received any disks with the modem the drivers will be on it, else you'll have to go to the manufacturer's website support section to search for the appropriate drivers.

This website has a driver for the GlobespanVirata USB ADSL WAN Modem (make sure it's your modem before you try to install it) :
http://www.soft32.com/s/Windows/Driv...-378-30-0.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp2-cannot-identify-globespanvirata-adsl-modem-168562.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys!

I am having a BSNL Broadband connection and am facing a unique problem. Many a times I have seen that while working on the net, all of a sudden all data inflow and outflow stops completely although I dont get disconnected. The lights in the ADSL modem supplied by BSNL is all intact but nothing loads. Now if I switch off the modem and start it again and reconnect, things start working normally. Certain times, when this also doesnt work, I have to restart my computer as well as the modem and then things start working normally.

Why does this happen? Is this a problem with my Operating system, the modem or the BSNL Connection? I doubt that the problem is with the OS as I have already reinstalled the whole OS and still the problem persists.

Please help...

Thank you.

A:Problem with OS/ADSL Modem/Net Connection???

What is the model of the modem and how does it connect to the computer, Ethernet or USB?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-os-adsl-modem-net-connection.614962/
Relevancy 57.19%

hello Im hoping someone can give me a few problem adsl USB with modem driver clues as problem with adsl USB modem driver what to do or who to contact as I m not sure where the problem lies with this I bought a new acer aspire wlmi laptop yesterday the OS is XP home service pack I have been using broadband on my PC with a D-Link DSL- USB modem and theres been absolutely no problems there but when I tried to install the modem driver on my laptop it gets about of the way through before it gives me this error message quot There is a problem installing the drivers for your modem The operating system could not install the driver properly quot Im totally stuck I don t have extensive knowledge of computers If something goes wrong I usually do a google on it but this time I found no information at all I looked at the Acer home pages tech support stuff and the D-Link support questions I even downloaded new drivers from D-Link and tried those but no This is driving me mad Im hoping someone out there has a few clues Thanks in advance

A:problem with adsl USB modem driver

If you got new drivers from D-Link they should be XP compatible. The only thought I've had is some devices want the install done their own way, not via the windows 'Find New Hardware' wizard. In other words you have to install the software first before you connect it to the USB port. I don't know the reason why this makes a difference but I've come across several devices where this is the case.

My suggestion is to completely uninstall the DSL modem software from your laptop and delete the modem, reboot, then do an install of the software before you plug the modem in.

hth

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21267/problem-with-adsl-usb-modem-driver/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, I don't visit the networking section much as it is by no means my strong point.

I currently have an old Netgear DG834GSP modem/router which was supplied by Virgin Media many years ago, It's firmware is locked and can not be updated. This router is getting very old and outdated and I am looking for a bit of an update in the area.

I am not looking at spending lots on a brand new router if it isn't necessary. Its only for home use with a number of devices connecting to it, mostly wireless (2 desktops, 2 laptops, XBox 360, Wii, couple of mobile phones etc).

I heard the Netwgear DGN2000 is supposed to be a decent unit but that is 3 years old now (still newer than the one I have haha).

Anyone have any thoughts and/or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 57.19%

i cant install drivers in vista 64.
drivers is not install in onixons sites

http://www.onixon.com/ftp/100u/Drivers/Vista_Driver.rar

A:onixon dsl 100 u adsl modem driver hep

what kind of error does it give, if anything?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/97827-onixon-dsl-100-u-adsl-modem-driver-hep.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve finally got round to replacing my USB modem wireless New adsl router/modem help with a dynamode r-adsl-c w-g wireless router modem I can connect to the router to set the settings I ve confirmed the supposed settings with my ISP tiscali but the thing still won t connect to the internet I ve reset my ISP settings and they are correct as I ve rechecked using my old USB modem and I can still connect But at present it seems to be a waste of money if I cant get the thing to connect to the internet Any ideas as to what I can do to make the yellow WAN light start to glow According to the pitiful manual that came with it it its currently suggesting that the DSLline isn t connected New adsl wireless router/modem help but it is ADSL filter inplace and everything When I view I get green blobs against the modem that turn red if I New adsl wireless router/modem help unplug the modem Are these misleading Any ideas most welcome Ta nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Conexant Accessrunner PCI adsl modem keeps losing synchroniztion to ISP modem.Drives me crazy :approve: . ISP's tech staff cant fix the problem, blaming modem for it, but Conexant modem reviews are quite good, and it started to happen 2months after fine going.So I'm bit desperate. My phone line is almost perfect(by technitian :rolleyes: ). No software or driver changes were applied, unles WinXP auto-updates(doubt it).

Connection settings:
Modulation:ANSI T1.413 i2(ISP preffers G.dmt, but now modem connects hardly with it and after a while resets to auto ANSI, etc.)
Wiring: Automatic
Encapsulation Mode: PPP over Ethernet LLCSNAP(RFC2516)

Sys Spec:
WinXP SP2 pro
Pentium4 2.0ghz
Abit AI7 motherboard
Sapphire Radeon 9600pro
SB !live 5.1
Conexant PCI ADSL modem
Samsung 40gb hd

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-conexant-adsl-modem-problem.29948/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there!
After installing an ADSL modem - dslVigor DrayTek - on my W98 driven PC - and which also gave me some grief installing, apparently partly due to Norton Clean Sweep - I now experience some trouble booting up and closing down my PC.

It will not start up or close down with the modem contected (i.e. physically connectec by its lead) but works fine when it's up and running.

There are also some problems to actually open the link to my ISP, it tries and tries and eventually gets there...
My son has no probelms at all with the same modem on his XP.

Anyone got any suggestions of what might be the problem? Any settings I can change maybe?
Grateful for all tips!
Cheers from Ollie

A:Probs after installing ADSL modem

Don't know if this may be of relevance to you, but with the Draytek adsl modems and isdn modems, I had nothing but connection problems with windows 98 and 2000, upgrading to XP did solve most of them. It would be cheaper and less of a headache to simply get a different manufacturers modem if you plan to upgrade to xp. Just my advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/probs-after-installing-adsl-modem.123096/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I am new to the site, I have tried searching around for some help for my problem but haven't found anything specific, so I thought I would register and start a new thread

I am fairly computer literate, I have set up some basic home networks, done port-forwarding, some video streaming and am a flash programmer but I am not in any way advanced at networking.

Here is my deal. I am house sitting for a friend. He has ADSL broadband with ukonline. He has a voyager 105 modem that he connects directly to his PC. I want to expand the network for use by multiple PCs. I want to know if I buy a wireless router, am I going to be able to expand the network or is there a chance that the ISP will make this a nightmare? Has anyonelse encountered a similar issue?

Thanks a lot

Sam

Relevancy 57.19%

I have D-link 2640U ADSL2+ modem. Now I have 12Mbps / 1Mbps internet connection. I am planning to move to 24Mbps /1Mbps intenet connection and I want to know if this modem is enough. What is the best modem so I get the full 24Mbps

Now with my current line(12Mbps / 1Mbps) the modem shows:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):939
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):14463

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi!
I have recently bought a second handed ADSL modem which is an "ESHARCO ESF-11066 ADSL2+" THE PACK CONTAIN NO INSTALATION CD ,and i cant find driver files on internet either,can anyone help me find the driver please?

A:I cant find my ADSL modem driver

You only need a modem driver if it connects to a USB port on your PC, otherwise, where it connects to a network card via CAT5 or CAT6 cable, no driver required as it's the card which needs a driver and that should already be installed.

If it is a USB modem, I'm afraid I can't find any info on that make/model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-find-my-adsl-modem-driver-673533.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a NetComm ADSL Modem Plus 4 and can connect easily to the internet.
But ....
I wish to use Bittorrent and the default bittorrent port is 6881 but my system tells me that this comes up with a NAT error.
Any ideas what the correct bittorrent ports are ????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bittorrent-port-on-adsl-modem.21815/
Relevancy 57.19%

on this page
http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.ph...d=2&Id=paz2wtc

they guarntee you that with standard modem and their small program the connection can be faster than adsl.

is it possible (new algorithm)?
is it worth to try it or is just a scam? :evil:

A:standard modem faster than adsl!!

What's that old saying?

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

It certainly applies here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/standard-modem-faster-than-adsl-12745.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have just purchased a D-Link-855 N Router and a DAP-1522 Wireless Bridge. I currently have a Netopia router as supplied by my ISP (Eircom Dublin).
The D-Link router has 4 LAN ports and 1 (Internet) WAN port. What is the best solution to connect the ADSL Router to the D-Link Router, LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN? Also which Router requires the DHCP to be set to on, the Netopia or the D-Link?
I plan to have the DAP-1522 connecting to the DIR-855 on the 5.0ghz WiFi network and the computers connected to the LAN ports on the DIR. I also have a WiFi IP Camera, but this cam be connected to either the Netopia or the DIR-855.
What would be the optimum way to set up my network.

A:Connecting My New Router to my old ADSL Modem

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-new-router-to-my-old-adsl-modem.826747/
Relevancy 57.19%

First up I apologise if I ve posted this in the wrong place Ok so problem I m having is as follows I have computer running XP Home SP connected to this machine is a Dlink Dl- Airplus G wireless router the intent is to wirelessly connect my nd machine which is running XPpro SP when I ve finished putting it together and connected modem ISP... to ADSL connect wont to the router is a Sweex ADSL Annex-A modem Now the machine this is all connected to recognises the ethernet connections as displayed by the LAN icon and the router and modem seem to be talking to each other as indicated by the lights on each module But when attempting to connect to my ISP Onetel the modem indicates that it is only getting as far as the quot handshake quot while trying to connect and continues to do this all the time ADSL modem wont connect to ISP... I ve checked all the cabling and everything seems to be in order and I ve gone through all ADSL modem wont connect to ISP... of the hardware manuals at least times so far to check that I ve followed the manufactorers instructions to the letter My question is Have I been dumb and inputed some information incorrectly or is there something wrong with hardware or is this a problem on the ISP s end Oh I m asking you guys here before I ve talked to the ISP tech support people to try and avoid long winded costly telephone calls as cynical as that may be I hope some one out there feels smarter than I do right now and can help Thanks in advance Dweller nbsp

A:ADSL modem wont connect to ISP...

Check the DI-624 configuration.

Are you sure you have configured the DI-624 correctly? The routers setup wizard will step you through the basics. You should make sure that you have DHCP server set and your XP Home PC is getting a valid IP address from the router. With the DI-624 this address will be in the range 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199 (the default).

You might also try a ping test from the routers setup page "Tools/Misc". If you have a good ISP connection you should be able to ping your ISP successfully?

I believe cable providers usually use dynamic IP addresses. Has your router been correctly set up for this and did you specify valid primary and secondary DNS addresses, as provided by you cable provider?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem-wont-connect-to-isp.21875/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all hope I posted this in the right forum I ve recently had to re-install windows I then installed an ADSL Modem on it Sagem F st - I did have problems with the computer rebooting itself at random times while the modem was plugged in to fix this I changed my USB setting from ISO to BULK as instructed by my ISP Now I am having problems with my connection While on the internet it just randomly disconnects me and asks if I want to re-dial my connection When I click re-dial it freezes so I have to click cancel re-launch the modem and re-dial again This is very annoying and was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what might cause it to disconnect By the way I have set Auto-Disconnect to NOT run Modem Difficulties Connection ADSL and I don t have options to disconnect if idle for minutes or if a connection is no longer needed I don t think it s because I set the USB to BULK either because I had it on this setting before windows was re-installed and it was fine Anyway any ideas would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:ADSL Modem Connection Difficulties

Windows 98 is iffy with USB, W98SE is slightly better, but USB-drivers for either hardly ever work.
Check that you have the latest W98 USB-drivers installed. Also see if there are any USB-drivers on the motherboard CD and install/upgrade those as well.
If you would install Windows 2000 Pro instead, rather than XP, it would make life a lot easier for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem-connection-difficulties.15027/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've re-formatted a friends laptop at my house, which is ADSL, but he uses a dial-up connection at home.

Q1. Can I connect his laptop to his ISP, using his dial-up, through my ADSL line, or does it have to be an analogue line?

Q2. His modem is an Agere systems 97 (ACER aspire 1500 laptop) it fails to make any sound when dialling out. I've tried updating the driver, and ensuring the sound is activated via AT commands, but still no joy. Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Phineus

Relevancy 57.19%

Hey :

I have a wireless ADSL Modem given to me by ISP, and I have no money to get a better one for now. My signal is erratic & unstable cannot find any corner of my new house where signal is.

Is there any way @ all I can boost and stabilize the signal ? Plz I have reached a critical point and cannot take it anymore

Here's what my modem looks like :

Relevancy 57.19%

The ISP gave me a USB ADSL Modem for internet acces. The model is SpeedTouch 330 and it connects to the computer through a USB interface instead of an ethernet interface. I have 2 computers at home and want to network them. The ISP wants me to pay more money for the extra computer, but that's not gonna happen. As a workaround I considered buying my own ADSL Router and ditching the one given to me by the ISP.

Any suggestions?

A:Home network with a USB ADSL Modem

Before plunking down any of my own money i would contact the ISP and tell them your machine cannot use the USB modem and you need one with a network interface.
Save your money for a wireless router and card which you'll need to complete your setup.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-with-a-usb-adsl-modem.34982/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have set up an internet connection for my girlfriends dad using Tiscali (service provider)
The problem I am having is I cannot get the broadband connection to work.

I have set the modem up as explained in the instructions given, but all i get is a flashing light.

The strange thing is that i was on the phone the other day and the light stopped flashing and stayed on, i got a connection, but when i finished the phone call the connection was lost.
So the broadband only works when the phone is in use.
Would this be down to the microfilters? there is one near the computer and one in the main phone socket. (there are also two other sockets without microfilters, and a sky connection)

Also the computer is connected to a secondary phone socket not the main. would this affect the signal?

Any help would be great!

A:No Signal On Adsl Modem (tiscali)

I would believe you may have a bad POTS line. Run down to Walmart and pick up a pre-made telephone line and run straight to the POTS service box from your DSL modem.POTS= Plain Old Telephone Service

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/35955/no-signal-on-adsl-modem-tiscali/
Relevancy 57.19%

Am connecting to ADSL2+ using Edimax ADSL ext. Modem AR-7025UmA using USB connect, or will this work slow and would I be better to use Ethernet cable Modem?

A:ADSL modem choices: USB v Ethernet

simplicity wins every time. your system already has TCP software while the USB device needs a driver - - run a cable to the modem or use the WiFi feature (if there is one).

using modem--->system connections without a router (modem-->router-->system), you should make sure to use your firewall to protect it. You should also understand that
without a router, you can not have multiple systems share your ISP and can not use print/file sharing between systems (regardless of the USB issue noted above)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-modem-choices-usb-v-ethernet.161851/
Relevancy 57.19%

I need to purchase and self-install my own ADSL modem with splitters.

I have not a clue of which make of ADSL modem is worth or not worth getting.

Is there an external vs internal modem issue i.e. hard/soft modem chipsets for cpu usage??

Any help appreciated. (need info of modems from UK based retailers)

A:What ADSL modem to buy for 'Wires Only' installation?

hope these help

originally quoted by Bobes
Vendors UK
These suppliers are good:
-Insight
-Scan
-Watford
-TR Computers<---Has hard-to-get stuff, not a lot else!
I have had bad experiances with Dabs and Overclockers UK.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-adsl-modem-to-buy-for-wires-only-installation.620/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I have a Etec ADSL 4 port modem router. Sometimes, web pages will not load and I have to restart my computer for them to load. This doesnt happen all the time, but I was wondering if there was a router setting i could change in order to fix this.

A:Etec ADSL modem router

Why don't you reset the router instead? Just pull the mains adapter-cable from the router and reinsert it after a few seconds. The router will re-initialise and should be working fine again.
Some routers get 'clogged up' after a while. Mine does the same (Billion BipAc 640AE).
There are no settings to overcome that, as I found out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/etec-adsl-modem-router.24178/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm using....

Toshiba laptop with built in wi-fi, running Win XP Home
Netgear DG834G Wireless Router

The router is configured to allow connection to the internet when hooking it up with the ethernet cable provided.

I'm getting the error message from the system tray stating that the wireless network isn't available. When I scan for wireless networks it doesn't find anything even although the router is right next to the laptop.

Is there anywhere I can go to check what the settings should be on the router and the laptop?

There are no other PC's involved. Just the laptop.

Thanks

Relevancy 57.19%

Ok! Here I have a Asus ADSL modem, AM602 and there is a problem whit making it work. So need your experience to solve this.

Here is some screen shots:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-adsl-modem-on-windows-7.144730/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys i hope you could be able to help me with this very wierd problem im having Im using an ADSL internet from Alice Telecom Italia The modem is ethernet and wireless I laptops ADSL modem wireless of Cant see from one the used to use it thru wireless since the telephone line was in another room and thats where the modem is On my M i got Vista and Win both and i had no issues seeing my modem and connecting wirelessly I got a technitian come and wired the walls so i started using the cable instead Since the wireless connection was automatic and it connected thru the ethernet i disconected wireless since i didnt needed it anymore Presuming it will be not automatic anymore but manual connect I had to move to Cant see wireless ADSL modem from one of the laptops another room no ethernet so back to wireless The problem I cannot see anymore my wireless on both Win and Vista I can see other wireless connections of the neighbours but not mine - Alice- I can see it on any other PC that i try so the SSID is not hidden Neither is my MAC banned Cant see wireless ADSL modem from one of the laptops or something What i did so far without success Reset restart the modem Restart PC Removed my quot Alice- quot from prefered networks in both Win and Vista Moved closer to the modem Any help please Its very wierd imo since it doesent work on both OS The modem setting havent been changed ever and other PCs find it no problem Used to work only thing i did is click disconect from the tray on wireless while ethernet was connected and used the cable connection for a week Please help Thanks for taking the time to read and respond Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-wireless-adsl-modem-from-one-of-the-laptops.136314/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have installed a Copperjet ADSL USB modem and it is causing problems with the Sound with ADSL modem problems sound on my computer When I try and play mp files or even windows sound effects it is distorted with a crackling noise I was initially using XP but formatted and went back Sound problems with ADSL modem to ME in an effort to solve problem Everything works fine until I install the modem Tech support from Freeserve who supplied the modem and are my ISP was useless and they suggested discussion groups I have downloaded the latest drivers for every bit of hardware I can find but no luck My processor is a G Athlon I have mb of sdram my motherboard is an Ultra I have a DVD rom and a CD-RW which is on a scsi card Apart from the dvd-rom the system is about yr old It is definately not the soundcard as I have replaced this and still have the same problem Please help this is driving me mad nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

adsl modem/wireless router connection to laptop
need advice on connections --line to modem/wireless router and then for normal 'phone connection .

will be able to get adsl broad band in a week or two and thus seeking advice on what to buy and how to wire/connect etc.

A:Adsl/modem/wireless Router

The ISP usually provides you with a modem, they will also supply the line filters required to use phones on the same line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adsl-modem-wireless-router.252220/
Relevancy 57.19%

Suddenly, I cant see my ADSL device from network places. I have not switched of the option to view Upnp devices. I know it was there before and it all works ok, is there a way to find it again ??

thanks in advance for any tips

oh system details are win XP sp3 32 bit
Thomson wire less TG585 V7 ADSL router modem

I can see it from my laptop though....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-see-adsl-modem-from-my-network-places.135965/
Relevancy 57.19%

I use an external xdsl modem. I just received an HPv40 fax/copier/printer. I want to be able to use my fax even if I am online. I can't figure out the correct connection configuration. By the way, the HPv40 uses a usb connection.

Thank you for any help at all!

A:Connect Fax & External adsl Modem

You need a filter for the phone line that you're connecting the device to, and then the fax machine can dial out while you're on the internet. It's the same as all the other phones in your house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-fax-external-adsl-modem.63019/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi!
My Conexant AccessRunner ADSL randomly shuts down and connects again, with no reason.
Of course the net connection is lost,and i have to connect manualy when it happens.
It looks as if there is some malware.
I run Ewido , ad-aware,windows defender,and Norton AV 2005.
By the way it never happened before i formatted recently.