Windows Support Forum

Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Q: Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Everytime i turn on my computer Sys32 properties appears on the screen of my window, please help me solve the problem
below is the detailed discription of the problem

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: c-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532

Size: 0 bytes

Thank you again

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Have you checked to see if you are infected? Sometimes an infection will corrupt your onboard protection - so I suggest that you try these free, online scans:, could you please post a screen shot of what appears on your desktop? Here's a link on how to do that:
Relevancy 21.93%

Neither my keyboard or mouse are working on any of the 7 USB ports on my computer. My mouse was initially working, but I read somewhere if you delete the keyboard drivers you can reinstall them and it will work again. BUT when I was doing that I stupidly uninstalled my mouse driver so now NOTHING works. I can't try if it works in safe mode because my keyboard doesn't respond when I hit f12 during boot up.

When I plug in the mouse or keyboard, I get a window that pops up asking if I want to install the hardware, but it's impossible for me to do anything because my mouse and keyboard don't work! If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

A:My Dell Demension e510's (Window's XP) keyboard and mouse don't work

First I would try to find a different working keyboard because you should at less be able to boot into safe mode because the drivers don't even load until windows start loading.
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey everyone,

So I am using Windows 7 and I have been trying to open my Sound options under my Control Panel to no avail.

When I click on the "Sound" text, my Control Panel box slightly fades as if a window is going to open but no such window ever does. 5-10 minutes later, the sound controls will finally pop up. It is experiencing some kind of heavy delay.

I have been told it may be a driver issue but my drivers are relatively new (3-4 weeks old).

Let me know if you guys have any solutions.

A:Sound Control Opening With Heavy Delay

Hmm, could be a bug with the new drivers.

Try un-installing all audio devices and then re-install.
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi Everyone As you can see by the title I m having a few strange issues At random points during the day my mouse moves and sometimes right clicks system volume mutes itself and turns itself down and lastly the DVD drive randomly opens them immediately closes a couple times a day First thought was quot Someone is playing a prank on me quot because it s my work computer and has various shadowing remote control tools on it like UltraVNC and Teamviewer however stopping these services did nothing Then I thought it might be a virus or hacking tool system runs Sophos anti-virus and the computer is behind a pretty powerful corporate firewall nonetheless I ran MalwareBytes HijackThis and Spybot Search amp Destroy and they found nothing I ve also tried replacing the mouse and keyboard just in case but still nothing Is anyone able to help shed some light on DVD Opening Mousing Volume By Themselves Muting and Moving, Drive these issues Not particularly keen to reformat my work machine and put myself out of action for a few hours Cheers David nbsp

A:Mousing Moving, Volume Muting and DVD Drive Opening By Themselves

Any updates on this?
Relevancy 22.36%

So basicly the title says it I have my cooler master case w o the side window and ive been wanting to add some more fans to it I was wondering how much would if benefit if I added more side fans mm as in cooler temperatures for my pc mainly I want to add these to the case will I benefit from them at all http www coolermaster com product Detail cooling case-fan sickleflow-x-non-led html or with the led probably and another question I have my cpu which is oced to and the temps arent that hot as I never rly go that intesive unless im playing cpu bound games like gw in the heavy parts on wvw I was wondering if there was a good air cooler for my intel i - k it currently runs on but I w/o window Cooler Master 431 Side Cooling wish Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling to push it abit more could u list some good air coolers on the euro margin the hyper evo is in my mind but will it be enough nbsp

A:Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling

That is a good cooler, but I personally like at your budget range the Thermaltake CLP0575 Frio

But either will do you fine for 4.0ghz on a 3570k

As for more airflow, adding more fans can help, but make sure to just focus on having a good overall flow through the case which will be a huge benefit in general.
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone knows of a good mod guide, or has even done a 500R window mod. I mean replacing the mesh and putting in a window. If you could guide me towards something decent I would appreciate that.

A:Corsair 500R side panel window mod is great for hardware mods.
Relevancy 23.65%

I have made a mistake in my computer and I do not know what I did or where I did it to create the screen to become black when I go to a second screen. I can open a website fine, but when I go to a second page it comes up black with only very light grey printing. Can someone walk me through changing this back from black to a more readable color?
Oh, I forgot to tell that I have Windows 7 on this laptop.

A:Opening second page comes up black

Are you talking about an external monitor connected to the laptop?
Relevancy 22.79%

Hell o folks I m new to this site but liked the help that people were getting here so I joined the forum I have a windows trailing problem with some flashing white screen When I size down a window to move it across the screen it has a string of windows following it anywhere from to then they clear up after coming to a stop Some times trailing Window I get a flashing white screen while moving the window I have replaced the drivers and Window trailing even downloaded the ones from this site but still have the problem I have had the graphics card Window trailing replaced along with the monitor The laptop is only about yrs old I have worked with the Dell tech support but the problem still exist Following are my laptop specs Studio Windows Bit Q Ghz gig hard drive gig Ram ATI Radeon HD DirectX A I can still work in the computer but it s annoying to have the screen flash at times and have the windows leave a trail of itself while moving them around Thanks for your time Dan nbsp

A:Window trailing

If you have a valid windows key and disk I would recommend putting a fresh install of windows on it. Should clear everything up. Sounds like something is using a lot of your memory ie. spyware.
Relevancy 23.22%

My wife has an Evo app Yahoo Mail Shift photos w/ Opening 1.3.8 and 1.3.6 Evo on shift and recently it stopped opening photos that are attached to emails sent Opening photos on Evo Shift w/ Yahoo Mail app 1.3.6 and 1.3.8 to her Yahoo acct She has the Yahoo Mail app and she s experiencing the problem on and It s supposed to work like this Opening photos on Evo Shift w/ Yahoo Mail app 1.3.6 and 1.3.8 You tap on the attachment and it opens up another small screen that says quot loading quot and it counts up and then obviously when it reaches the photo opens Her phone does this You tap on the attachment and the quot loading quot screen immediately closes and nothing happens What I ve tried I ve tried uninstalling the app multiple times by going to Settings gt Applications gt Manage Applications Clearing the data by going to Settings gt Applications gt Manage Applications gt Clear Data Reinstalling the app new from the Market I have tried it from my Evo D and it works fine Next step for me is to try doing a hard reset on the phone and taking it back to factory but I thought I d reach out to see if anybody had any other ideas other than what I ve tried Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I searched the internet using google and came across a post from on this forum which discussed the problem I am having although it didn t seem to have a conclusion the assistance given was very good I have a fujitsu-siemens scaleo unrecoverable Windows problems to volume appears XP The more or contain one t desktop which from the posts I have read seems like my hard drive is on it s last legs Which is ok because I recently bought a seagate external hard drive so that I could backup and copy all the files from my pc which I had been using mainly for storage as I have a laptop I had an idea that as the make of the pc is not all that good I may start to have problems and was trying to pre-empt unfortunately it seems the pc has beaten me to it and started to die before I could get all the files off the hard drive onto the seagate I got to m in the folders and am really desperate to recover the rest of the files especially one of photos Sorry to be so long winded but thought the more information I can give to my situation the better it is I have rebooted from the cd and the The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP windows xp disk which did not complete I have done a chkdsk r whcih came up with this message I rebooted with the windows disk in and started the process again and got the message the following list shows the exiasting partitions etc etc Unknow Disk there is no disk in this drive Options given ENTER Install D Delete Partition F Quit I haven t gone any further as I didn t want to possibly jeopardise retriving my files What can I do All help greatly The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP

If it is within your budget, buy an external hard drive enclosure which operates with a USB or Firewire cable (depending on what you can use). They are available at many online stores such as Directron, NewEgg, Frys, and on eBay...
Do NOTHING more with your computer. Remove the hard drive now. When you get the external enclosure, insert your failing hard drive, then plug the "enclosed" hard drive into your new or restored computer, where you often locate the needed files and folders and drag them across,. This does not work everytime, but most of the time, the hard drive will not boot because of damage to the outer edge of the disks, but you can still see the data on the drive when it is on a USB connection.
Once you find you can access the old hard drive via a USB connection, do NOT turn it off or disconnect until you have rescued and verified all the data and images.
You may find that it works slowly and takes a lot of time, but it is surprising how often this will work to rescue stuff that is important to you.
If an external enlosure is not available to you, you may be able to insert the drive into another coputer as a slave, with changes to the jumper, and find them that way.
This works because the old drive no longer has to boot. It is not fool proof, but the only other method is to have a rescue company recover the data... it usually costs a lot of money... starting at $55 to test, and as much as $500 to retrieve the files.
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this the right forum, but here goes. This has just started happening. Whichever window I have open, once I close the window I have the imprint of the window on the next window I open or on the desktop if no window is open. There are also vertical lines down the screen like you get on a TV set that are very pronounced. I have an ATI Radeon 4800HD series card running the lates drivers on a WINXP Pro system. I've tried going through all the setting but still can't get this to disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Background shadows from previous open window

its either the graphics card or monitor that is slowly dieing, but from the windows staying open issue i would put my money on the GPU being the issue, do you have onboard graphics on your motherboard? if so take out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard one
Relevancy 30.53%

Hy there.

I have jack headphones and sometimes when I wanna listen to the computer when i'm connecting headphones the sound is a surrounding one. Can I change the properties of it?
I mention I inserted them in the keyboard slot, but if I insert them to the PC the sound is good.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Changing jack headset properties

You mentioned you plugged the headphones into your keyboard. Could you provide the details of your motherboard?
Relevancy 30.1%

hey ive been having a problem with my external hdd which im now trying to run as BIOS? HDD appears that's now in only External internal an internal one basically yesterday it was working fine as an external then i started to get quot delayed write failure quot or somethign like that and couldn t save E file and everytime it did this more files would disappear from the hd I tried to run a diskcheck on it and it crashed half way through when i restarted the pc the hd was no longer appearing and every now and then if i External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS? restarted it i could get it to show up in my computer but the hd was completly empty and also whoing it was now RAW Someone suggested mounting it internally which i did and as soon i startedu up great my xp recognized it and installed it and i thought it was going to work then the delayed write failure hting popped up again and boom gone External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS? from my computer and since then its being recognized in bios as a slave driver but cant be found in device manager disk management or by any programs like test disk nothing only in bios is there anythign that can be done as i have like years of recorded music over time built up on it the hdd aint that old but i transferred at some point from pc to it thanks nbsp

A:External HDD that's now internal only appears in BIOS?

anyone got any ideas even if its long shots im willing to try just about anything

Relevancy 22.36%

I have Dell inspiron 535s it was running well at 800mhz with 2gb of ram(1
+1) .when I installed 4gb ddr2 800 mhz (2+2)it ran at 667 mhz and window showed 3.25gb usable Ram.There is no way I can correct it from BIOS as I didn't find any option of memory remapping or overclocking it.Is there any way I could raise the speed of my Ram and also Raise it to 4gb usable???By the way I am running win7 ultimate.

A:Window detects 3.25GB RAM when I installed 4GB

First, your system only showing usable memory at 3.25GB is perfectly correct. You cannot do anything about that unless you use 64bit windows.

I suspect that the new memory you have fitted has a higher voltage rating and is therefore running at a lower clock speed. Check the voltage rating on the manufacturer's site and then make the adjustment in the Bios.
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey Guys,

my motherboard is an ASUS P8H67-M PRO i built my computer a few days ago and haven't really had any major problems but i noticed today when i turn my computer on there is a little message the top left hand corner of the screen i can really make it all out as it is gone in an instant but what i can make out is
"No Devices"

Does anyone know how to fix this? it doesnt make sense as my drives work fine and they are recognised inside the bios. The only issue i have had is i cam to install linux today and i received an error message saying CD/DVD + USB devices not found and i cant help thinking they are linked.

Thanks in advance

A:"No Devices" message appears before BIOS loads

Did you install the chipset drivers?

Are there any devices in Device Manager with a yellow ? or triangle next to it.

What version of windows are you running.
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a Dell Latitude D620. I opened the case in order to clean the fan and change heat sink compound. Now, after turning laptop on, it shows the light for a couple of seconds and then turns itself off. CPU or fan don't even start running. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Did I disconnect something by mistake? Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop won't boot after opening the case

Re-trace your steps there is something you have missed. Otherwise clear the CMOS or remove the backup battery for 30 seconds. DELL has some sort of fail safe on their hardware.
Relevancy 22.36%

I have looked everywhere for a solution for this problem I have I ve even gone to other forums to ask around and no one knows anything about this issue or how to fix it My system is an HP Sound works one with time window a at Pavillion Sound works with one window at a time dv notebook Intel R core TM Duo PC p GHz As far as my sound goes I have IDT High Definition Audio Codec NVIDIA High Definetion Audio Here s my issue My sound works when I have one browser open at a time I can watch netflix hulu youtube anything that has sound For only the first browser I have open However when I have multiple browsers open the sound won t work on the nd one Here are a few examples I used to play World of Warcraft If I logged on ventrilo and then WoW I would have sound for vent only If I logged onto WoW first and then vent my vent would have no sound I currently play league of legends The interface is in one browser and when a game starts it opens in a separate window Most of the time I have no sound when I am playing League I ve done almost everything I can think of to try to get sound to work I ve worked with computers for years and I am currently working on my A This seriously has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Sound works with one window at a time

Which version of Windows are you running? and what Service Pack level? Are you current with all Windows Updates?
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm using a Mac Pro (desktop) but running it exclusively in Windows XP 64-bit. Until recently, all 16 GB of RAM was working correctly. Now however only 8 GB of RAM shows up under system properties and DxDiag. However, CPU-Z from CPUID shows 8 slots of memory each with 2 GB (which is indeed what is loaded). Why is there this discrepancy and how can I make the machine use all of it again? Thanks.

A:Memory missing from system properties

Has the machine been moved? Even though some software is correctly reporting the memory it would be worthwhile opening it up and checking all the sticks of memory are firmly pushed down and correctly seated in the slots. I'd guess the different software has different methods of querying the system properties. Some might actually query the memory, others might just query what the bios reports which might register the ram details even if it isn't functioning properly.
Relevancy 23.65%

Finally, I found Dell's site on how to open the top cover of my XPS M2010. I forgot who wanted to know how to open the top but here it is. Look for the 2 slots on the back side of the computer. You will need a small flat screw drive. Follow the instruction in the Dell support ... XPS M2010 Service Manual
There are topics you can find in this manual about this computer. Just click what you want to know.

I hope this help.

Relevancy 30.53%

Under the printing preferences the Paper/Output tab sometimes shows up with nothing in it. It's a Xerox 7232 and is attached to a network.

A:Properties not showing up for printer

Uploaded with

You see the problem?
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey there Mildly tech savvy Metrologist stuck trying to reformat my laptop I don t know the specifics of my motherboard or any other hardware i have in my laptop for that matter yea its one of those guys But i do know that i am trying to wipe XP off of my laptop and play around with other OS capabilities Here is where i run into a problem I originally tried erasing it through Linux it being my C drive hell just accessing it through Linux but to no avail The next step was to download and create a dos boot CD That worked but Murphy is an and it seems that i can only see the drive that the boot disk is on so my CD I am assuming my hard my a computer out window Dos boot drive is a format DOS can not read which leaves me stuck wondering Dos boot my computer out a window how i go about the task of brutally murdering my windows software Thank you for your time and patience Paintertexas nbsp

A:Dos boot my computer out a window

Be sure you are booting to the CD, almost any CD with an operating system on it, or a format program.

Once you reach that CD, you should find you can remove the partition or format the partition, unless your optical drive has gone bad.

Or go on line and search for one of the free partition managers to remove the partition,

Then use your operating system Cd to create a new partition, then format the partition.
Relevancy 26.23%

I am on son's Clevo laptop and they tell me they have not had sound for a very long time.

I check, download and install latest drivers from the Clevo website, but still no sound.

I have deleted all device drivers and allowed Windows to rediscover the drivers again - everything went well but found a PCI device that could not find drivers for so put the yellow Exclamation Mark - but still no Audio Device.

I checked the BIOS, there is no option to turn on/off the sound so I presume audio is turned on as everything is integrated, but still the Sounds and Audio Device Properties says that there are No Audio Devices. So either the device is faulty or there is some other way of being able to get the computer to recognise the Audio Devices.

If there is any suggestion(s) it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Onboard sound but 'No Audio Device' in device properties

Sometimes kids overdrive the audio chips until they overheat and burn out. If burned out, it will not detect.
Might be time to disable the onboard sound and install an external sound card and software.
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns
Relevancy 29.67%

so i have an Advent Laptop for about 5 months now. 2 days ago all of a sudden my L button on my keyboard stopped working. When i press it a j appears. PLEASE HELP,

ps the way i am using a L now is because im pasting it every time i need it

A:Annoying keyboard problem, when I press L, J appears

Replace the keyboard under warranty... or first place the computer upside down and blow out the lint, fiber, and dust out with a canned air such as Dust Off or other that is designed to clean computers... as a first step.
Do not clean with untreated compressed air.
This can be the first sign of a greater problem... so talk to the people were you obtained it.
Relevancy 29.67%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a toshiba hard disk that used to work properly and now I can't open it. whenever I try to open it a DOS window opens and I get the following error message:

the ntvdm cpu has encountered an illegal instruction

What should I do?

A:Error opening hard disk

"whenever I try to open it a DOS window opens and I get the following error message:
the ntvdm cpu has encountered an illegal instruction"

Please clarify how you try to open it? what your OS? and if you go to windows command prompt and manually try to go to that HDD (e.g. d:\ and press enter) ...... does it work?
Relevancy 23.65%

Im using uTorrent and i got the error saying that my port was closed. I tried opening a port on my Belkin wireless N router. Model number is F5D8233-4v3. I check the port that I tried to open on these two sites but it says that its closed:

I have the firewall turned off and also used the virtual server tool and added an inbound port and a private port with the same port number. No luck though. Any help would be appreciate.

A:Belkin Router Opening Ports

See for help.
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a game downloaded from Big Fish Games which I ve been playing for the past year However now when I try to open the game I get this error code quot Executable path is not writable If you launched the application directly Trouble opening game from the CD please run the installer Trouble opening game to install the application quot The game is called Ricochet Recharged one of my favorite games I contacted Big Fish and they told me Trouble opening game I might need new drivers Here s the information that got from my error report Hi Linda Thank you for providing the report After analyzing the report I saw that the video driver was last updated on An outdated video driver may be the cause of trouble you ve encountered To resolve this I would recommend visiting the computer s manufacturer website below to get the most recent update by contacting their technical customer support To make the process of locating your driver update easier I ve listed the details of your system and video card below System Model product Inspiron s Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Driver- Graphics Video Radeon X X Series Afterwards uninstall and reinstall the game restart your computer to initialize any updates and then create a new profile to start a new game I ve provided a link below with detailed instructions on how to uninstall reinstall a game If you re still having problems with the game after doing these updates please let me know Click to expand I have installed and uninstalled this game so many times but keep getting the error message Can anyone help me on this Is there another driver I should be installing Any help would be appreciated Linda nbsp

A:Trouble opening game

if the game has worked for a year without any problems before i want to say that it's not video driver related. however, games are updated from time to time which can yield compatibility issues. i would still think that the drivers are fine though. the actual error message itself states that the path in which the game's files are stored is not accessible, meaning the computer can't run it. since you're on Vista, I would try disabling UAC and then see what happens when you go to run the game. you may need to modify the application's security permissions or run it under another account.
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi a short while ago I had to replace my graphics card GT Can't display get into properties and ended up replacing it with an MSI HD my problem is now that the card is in and working if I right click on the desktop and choose properties the display options screen doesn t open I can t get into it through Control Panel either I thought it was maybe off screen if the desktop was extended but it doesn t appear in task manager either There is a slight problem with drivers atm but not sure if it is connected when I boot into XP I get a dialogue box saying quot fail to load nvcpl dll quot as a result I have run driver sweeper in safe mode to remove nvidia display drivers and reinstalled the ATI ones Can't get into display properties - no change I have tried uninstalling the ATI Catalyst software as I thought that may be getting in the road somehow but no change The most annoying thing is that I normally don t have a screensaver on as I don t leave my monitor on when I m not using it but had for a particular night set a screensaver to whatever the lowest time interval is so now I can t change that if anyone has any suggestions I will be all ears edit just noticed if I have no browser windows open then for a split second I can see part of a window open when I try to get into display properties then it vanishes nbsp

A:Can't get into display properties

That appears to a driver install issue. That could be caused by a defect in the drive itself.
Have you tried going into the Device Manager and removing or disabling what you have, then rebooting and trying a new install... or going back to the previous driver on their website?
Relevancy 26.66%

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.

A:Can't access harddrive "insert disk message appears"

wostone said:

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
ThanksClick to expand...

You might have auto-run worm on the system. Does it appear on C also? When last you scan your system for malware/spyware/adware/worms/viruses/trojans?
Relevancy 30.53%

I had a samsung hard drive originally in computer. Now have installed a seagate 200gb hard drive. My question is why won't the computer recognize the seagate 200gb? Instead the computer still recognizes the 64 gb samsung hard drive even though it is not installed. Where are all of my gbs? I have run the Flash Bios update that Was recommended by Compaq but after doing that come up with a Check sum issue. Would greatly appreciate any help here.

A:Properties for hard drive

OK, I probably can't get you past the check sum issue with the BIOS. And the answer to your problem may have something to do with the age of your computer. But I see you've been waiting a day so here are a few thoughts that might help.

The first thing I would do is boot up the machine and see if I can get into BIOS. If you can, tell the BIOS to redetect the primary drive - assuming you've replaced the old drive and not simply added a new one. Then save and your machine will restart. That's the quick and easy solution. And who knows? Will probably clear up the checksum problem. If this doesn't work...

Go to your manufacturer's site (like Dell, Gateway, eMachine (also Gateway), HP...). In your case Compaq? The site should have your original set up, but you have to know your model number or serial number or order number, etc. If your machine is old you may have to look in the Archived support area. But from your note, you may be past that. You should be able to get all the specs, including the BIOS manufacturer here. The user's manual may have a way to clear/reset BIOS via a jumper setting. (I THINK that's right.)

When you flash the BIOS, you have to be very careful and follow instructions exactly. Depending on which BIOS you have (Award, Phoenix, AMI, etc.) you may be able to get help on their site if not Compaq's.

Now, as to the HD, you need to have the correct cable, it needs to be attached properly, and your machine needs to be able to handle it. You may not have this problem but here's a very nice (old) site that explains:

Also, with cable select (CS) the problem of setting up the BIOS should be gone. But if you have a very old machine, you may need to go into the BIOS and specify your new drive. Also, I believe some older machines simply can not handle large drives. I don't know if simply upgrading the BIOS can overcome this. It has something to do with HD sectors and that's all I know. (I think there's also something weird about Compaqs?)

I think that should cover it. But to get better help, post your system specs. At least the type of Compaq. BIOS name and version, number of drives: DVD, CD, HD.

Good luck.
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone The other day I was uploading some pictures from my digital camera to my laptop All of a sudden the computer just shut off When I attempted to restart it it Problem unrecoverable have Hard to (Volume Drive appears problems) Serious would keep shutting off and restarting I kept getting the screen when it asks you if you would like to start in Safe Mode or with the Last Good Configuration or Normally I ve had the same problem with another computer of mine so I booted the system from my OS CD I ran a CHKDSK and a message came up that said The volume appears to contain one or Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems) more unrecoverable problems When I looked it up online I saw a lot of websites that said the hard drive was probably dying So I went to Best Buy and bought myself a Rocketfish Hard Drive Enclosure in the hopes that I could recover files to the desktop computer that I have as I have done twice before When I finally got it all set up I couldn t access the drive E I went to My Computer and then when I clicked on my E Drive I got the message E is not accessible Incorrect function And when I try to right click on the drive nothing happens I even tried to search through the drive but I got the Incorrect function message again I m really desperate now and I m willing to do just about anything now to recover at least some of the files I don t care if I can never use the hard drive again but I just want to get the pictures that I had on the computer Is there any way I can go about doing this Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Serious Hard Drive Problem (Volume appears to have unrecoverable problems)

1) Does this enclosure come with its own AC adapter? Make sure its connected powered on

2) Interestingly enough see this link about check the cable jumpers as well
Relevancy 24.08%

need help! My dvd-rom would not open.. when I press the open button, light is blinking but wont open. I already tried to use my spare dvd rom, also it did not open. Same as the first one. Also tried to change IDEs still not opening. What should I do?

A:DVD-rom not opening

hi kheb20

On your DVD ROM you should see a very very tiny hole ... stick a pin of some sort into it and the ROM should open. By the way, it might not be opening because it's not receiving enough power from your PSU. Have you experienced any other power issues such as the pc shutting down randomly?

Relevancy 23.65%

Okay so I ve had my current laptop for almost three years It s a gateway MX quot GHz Turion X processor GB of RAM blah blah I laptop trouble my opening Having ve been overclocking Having trouble opening my laptop it for about a year now and have noticed that every month the temp on my one core seems to climb while my other core stays cool Example Right now with just this page and MSN open my cores are sitting at C and C So having a TON of experience with desktop computers and their innards I figure I ll pop open Having trouble opening my laptop the laptop clean the HSF out and change the thermal compound to AS Well I took out all the screws and I couldn t get the damn thing open One side omes apart and the other side stays quot locked quot in place I looked for extra screws I missed but am sure there are none Does anyone here have experience opening laptops especially Gateways and know how to get the thing open Thanks for all your help Kyle nbsp

A:Having trouble opening my laptop

I've never opened a gateway, but i have opened a few hp's, an apple, and a dell, and for most of them you need to do a bit of prying to get the casing up. The casing is often locked down by a plastic clip. Insert a thin pocket knife blade, or something similar, into the crack, and slide it along the crack where the two pieces of plastic join. this should pop the little clips apart. Good luck
Relevancy 22.36%

ok so ive googled yahood asked jeeves then strangled him from my frustration a also tried the nvidia forums but (video out it card) window the to About throw no avail at least here people actually look at your problem About to throw it out the window (video card) using a Nvidia Geforce GFX Im trying to set About to throw it out the window (video card) it up so i can watch movies from my computer on my tv Id prefer rather than a multi-display to have a cloned display cant happen either way yet So while trying to get the full view on my tv start bar and such i can only get the upper left corner so i wait it out and it reverts back to my monitor where i can see everything I tried adjusting the resolution for my tvs settings but still the same area shows up My tv is not a flat panel or hd it is however a quot im guessing sony projection tv im trying to run s-video from my pc into Any ideas or should i do as the title says Thanksss i dunno wtf i did but i also managed to get a blue screen of About to throw it out the window (video card) doom when i restarted with and without svideo plugged in so atm im using onboard nbsp

A:About to throw it out the window (video card)

Can you provide a little more info on your complete system specs? Nvidias NVIEW software may be needed to properly configure this card for dual displays. 1024x768 is the maximum TV resolution
Relevancy 23.65%

I have windows xp Professional version 2002 service pack3 on my dell laptop...when going to open some video files..i.e.avi movie hops in and shuts it down stating that it was closing it down to stop damage to my laptop...opening the same files on another p/c problem....any sugestions??have tried to ask microsoft with not much success, reckon this is a better forum...thanks....philthyphil

A:XP shutting down opening avi files

We need the brand and model of your computer, along with configuration and age in order to be of much help to you... Since it is a Dell, we need to know if Inspiron or Latitude, and the Service Tag would be helpful.
Relevancy 19.35%

Yup, it's that crazy Moose again.

And this time I'm trying to figure out the best way to make a plexiglass window for the left side of my case. It's an eMachines T3958.

And no I will not use a chainsaw, as I'm sure some will recommend!

Was wondering if there's anybody who already has done this, and if they'd offer some pointers about what and WHAT NOT to do. Best kind of plexi?

I don't wanna just start cutting away with some tin snips, then hope I come out with something that looks good.

LED fans are like $4 from newegg. I'd like to mount one of those someplace too!

Or maybe four? lol

A:Best way to make a "window" for case?

Have you thought about a razor box cutter? Or even a glass cutter.
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi im new in here and in need of serious help well im trying to run cmd and regedit and its telling me that a program is using it well heres my HJT log here its very frustrating that i cant get into these things and i tried many anti-spyware programs like Malwarebytes Super professional anti spyware Registry mechanic none fixed this peroblem thx for reading and the time

A:Regedit and cmd prompt not opening

The more programs you use to "clean" a system, the worse it gets. Remove all the cleaners along with Spybot SD, and start over. Your HJT log shows problems, but it doesn't look too serious. Try downloading Avast free Antivirus and Glary free Utilities and run these
Relevancy 23.65%

Afternoon all- After dealing with some unstable issues using Gamespy I have been inspired to try and get the private LAN game back up and running I have been trying over the past year to get other gamers to see my machine but to no avail All we get are time out errors - which has led to a battery of port tests It appears that everything is blocked or filtered I have Opening Port + XP SP3 WRT54G - checked with my ISP and they do not block any ports WRT54G + XP SP3 - Port Opening However no matter what I try - I get the same response a connection refused I am beginning to think this is a SP XP issue as I have tried WRT54G + XP SP3 - Port Opening completely bypassing the router wrt G in safe mode with networking and I get the same messages and game response Here is what I have WRT G Version Updated Firmware to version Windows XP with SP Game trying to plan - Flight Simulator X Ports anticipated by FSX - and I have two workstation running into the router One system non-gaming is hardwired The second system FSX machine uses a wireless adapter D-Link DWL- I don t have any network connection issues as a whole Everything has been running stable and access is fine The wireless adapter is under WEP security What I have tried Verified that all antivirus software is off windows and avast Made gaming computer static IP - On router - set port forwarding to the ranges as noted above for FSX On router - enabled DMZ for On route - unchecked quot Block Anonymous Requests quot Connect directly to modem Safemode networking That s about all I can think of No matter what I try I can not see the ports open I can ping my IP Lost and confused Any help is appreciated Benjamin nbsp

A:WRT54G + XP SP3 - Port Opening

just an update for you... i've seen your post and plan to look into your problem so i will get back to you again.. probably later today.
Relevancy 29.24%

my laptops starts fine,works fine but when i turn off my laptop or hibernate it,it doesnt turn off completey.....after the message of "windows is shutting down" a black screen appears and the laptop remains on even if i leave it like that for the whole night....ihave to pull the battery out or turn off the laptop by pressing its starting button. please help

A:Laptop doesnt turn off completely, Black Screen appears

This could be caused by a corrupt or failing hard drive
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I was foolish enough to try to use NVidia NTune It did not run too far into the program before the screen froze up My comp s b in my sig Asus a n-sli deluxe AMD Win XP bit When I yank the plug then restart the comp gets as far as having the desktop appear cursor moves but it is hourglass still the time gets filled in at the recover NTune. Freeze Help from XP appears soon me after lower right corner the quot start quot button gets filled in at the lower left then in another second eveything freezez Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears locks up Task list will not come up Nothing will happen The only variation is that some times the screen will get messed up diagonal lines of blues as if writing my desktop to the screen got distorted How do I recover I got into BIOS and set everything to quot auto quot to undo the effects of NTune Made no difference I went Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears back to NTune site and read s t about having recent BIOS so I have successfully updated BIOS to bin thx to those who gave me input on that posting Still no difference in this freezing pattern What should I do Oh BTW yes I tried that little square called quot search quot but found nothing abt how to get out of this nbsp

A:Help me recover from NTune. Freeze soon after XP appears

Try a system restore
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a thermaltake w psu the other day and installed it fine It was working absolutely perfectly until I decided to open up PSU by new killed my pc? up opening Have my I my computer and clean Have I killed my new PSU by opening up my pc? some of the dust out a couple of days later In this process I unplugged some of the components in my computer such as the hard drives and dvd drive However after reconnecting everything correctly I reattached the power lead to the psu and Have I killed my new PSU by opening up my pc? pressed the power rocker switch to on and nothing happened On this psu there is an orange standby light that comes on even if the computer is not powered up but this no longer comes on I have tried the paper clip test with this psu but the fan doesnt spin The computer does boot up and work fine with an old psu I have but dont really want to use To me this means the psu has failed but I just dont understand how this could have happened after merely unplugging and reconnecting a couple of components Any insight would be much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Have I killed my new PSU by opening up my pc?

Yes ben4652, i think your PSU has failed. maybe you should check your manufacturer and your warranty.
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok so last week I got some trouble with my router (d-link)
I reset it to the defaults then went to

Got in and put in my username pw and the rest!
Got my internet back and everything was fine!

Next day I wake up and try to access internet. wouldn't load.
Checked my settings, they'd been reset again.
This has happened in a loop every day.

The settings I input only last a day or reset whenever I turn my router off at night.
I've tried inputting the settings in Firefox, as safari doesn't log me in.
I tried Opera too!!

A:My Router appears to reset it's settings daily

No they must be in the router (ie it's not dial-up)

Did you select :"Save settings to router, and restart router" (wording may be different, but about right)

The Router will then Save all your modifications and restart (Actually I think it's "Save All" syntax)
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi not sure if I am posting in the right forum but here File please help opening goes My computer is taking a long time to open media files - all types I generally use media player classic or occasionally WMP I like the library Recently both apps have been taking a long time over minute to access files All my media files or stored on an NTFS partition on my HD This partition is a general storage partition and has folders that are shared over my home network in it - including the music and video folders I read somewhere can t now find the link that mapping network drives improves retrival times - but I don t know enough to know if this is correct or even if it relates to my problem I would like to know what is slowing the access time to the media File opening help please files on my HD and what I can do about it many thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:File opening help please

How are you handling Virus and other malware protection? Do you regularly use registry cleaners like CCleaner and Glary Utilities?
Relevancy 21.93%

I downloaded a couple of arcade game demos from Kraisoft very good actually but the problem is that they only appear in a smallish box in the middle of my screen There are no options in the game menu to go to full screen mode I sent an e-mail to Kraisoft about it and they sent me back a brief reply saying quot The problem with the games running not in full-screen mode is typically caused by multi-monitor out settings of video card You may need to open display properties choose quot Advanced quot in Attributes tab and adjust monitor out settings to turn multi-monitor out of quot What does that mean I went to Display Settings Advanced and there are a lot of tabs there but I don t know which ones to open window on screen Games small only laptop my in a tweak I have XP Home One box shows a diagram of two screens named and Only is activated It is set at x or something similar That s the maximum screen resolution available when I m using the computer normally The non-activated screen is set at x much smaller anyway Why do I have two screen options at all As must be obvious from this post I m rather lost so if anyone could provide a few simple instructions on how to get the games to play in full screen I d be really grateful Thanks nbsp

A:Games only open in a small window on my laptop screen

Most laptops have a SVGA (video) output to connect to a projector for presentations, or to a monitor (so you dont have to stare at the laptop screen when at home). Typically to disable, you should be able to go into the display settings (where you see the two monitors), click on the secondary monitor, and select disable. Otherwise, you must click advanced, and locate the option to disable the secondary output (typically a check box).

You should be able to contact your system manufacturer for specific information and steps. Otherwise, please provide the model number of the laptop.
Relevancy 23.65%

I feel a bit guilty as this is my first post and I have to ask for help.
I need to fit a new DVD player in my Vaio.
I can not remove the frame around the key pad. I have found the screws under the key pad, and now the frame remains fixed under the strip where the buttons and the speakers are. I can find no more screws or fixing clips? Only the very ends of this strip seem to move a bit. The metal screen under the key pad seems to be permanently fixed to the strip
As my Vaio breaks down often it is getting too expensive to send it back again.
I would be very thankful for advice.

A:Opening the case on a Vaio VGN-A 317M

I can't find that model number on the Sony Support site. There is a number on one of the LCD display inside hinges... This is the proper model number. Is this a USA model?

Sometimes, there is a single screw accessed from the memory or hard drive bays at the bottom of the laptop, that releases the CD/DVD drive
Relevancy 30.1%

I have just recently bought a computer that someone else made. He told me that the only thing the computer needed was memory. Well I bought the correct memory from, stuck it in there, and when I start it up nothing appears on-screen. The motherboard is a Biostar M7VIG 400 and the memory is DDR PC3200 unbuffered, non-ECC. When I hit the power button, I hear the Hard drive start but that is it. In order for me to turn the computer off I have to hit the power switch on the power supply. If anyone knows how this can be fixed it would be greatly appreciated if you could tell me and ask if you need anymore information. Thanks.

A:Computer starts up, but nothing appears on-screen.

The memory said was compatible with my mobo was PC2700 not PC3200. Even though the lower density (256MB and 512MB) are PC3200 the 1 GB is PC2700. The man said that the only memory that will work with the mobo is PC3200 unbuffered, non-ECC, and CL3. I found that the memory gave me was PC2700, unbuffered, non-ECC and CL2.5. Will this have any effect?
Relevancy 21.93%

I have been working on a (Text/Graphics) Contents Fit Some Programs of Don't in Software Window strangle problem on my wife s Gateway ROG with Windows XP service pack for quite some time Some programs do not fit inside of the windows For example the Epson printer software graphics and text are cut off by the right side Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window of the window of which they appear and the user can not see the entirety of Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window the contents and hence can not select and click much less see options on what should be the right side of the window SuperAnti-Spyware Free edition also does the same thing Apparently for whatever reason these two software programs display their contents inside a window differently than most other software programs which are not displayed correctly inside their respective windows Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window For the record this used not to be a problem I have tried re-installing the Epson printer software the printer works fine I have also tried removing and reinstalling the video device driver software This does not work either It is a ATI Mobility Radeon Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Contents of Some Software Programs (Text/Graphics) Don't Fit in Window

Could it be that your display resolutions are wrong?

i doubt it has anything to do with your epson software, since it happens with others..

The normal resolution you should keep your monitors at is to the highest supported by both monitor and graphics card. DPI however, can be altered, found under the advanced properties (display properties>Settings>Advanced..) of your graphics card. Try altering that to the Normal setting and see if it makes a difference..

have you also tried getting the latest software updates available for your graphics card and others you have problem with?
Relevancy 23.65%

I can't open the Control Panel on my XP computer, so I need to find a way to open the audio control. I know (or I think) it's located on windows/system32 but I don't know the name of it, can someone help me?

A:Need help opening audio control

You need to reinstall the sound driver. What is your computer a desktop or a laptop? What type of sound do you have? On-board sound (motherboard) or a PCI sound card?
Relevancy 22.36%

My laptop was working fine then the other day I went to use it and it froze so I rebooted and got this message Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM When I was finally able to get to the point where I could choose safemode this is what came up Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM ntoskrnl exe Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM hal dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM KDCOM DLL Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM BOOTVID dll Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system Multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM config system alt Then after a pause it would tell me to use the original disk to repair but that s not working I don t know what else to try but my financial files are there and I REALLY need those - don t care about the rest of it Is there something I will be able to do to regain access or some other way that the info will be able to be retrieved nbsp

A:HELP! Can't access Window XP even in safe mode

The laptops hard drive is probably bad. You will need to have a new drive installed and the OS (operating system) reloaded. Can you do this, or will you need to take the laptop to a repair shop? After the laptop is up and running again, there may be a way to retrive you data on the old drive, by placing the drive in an external USB laptop hard drive enclosure. Backing up those important financial files might be a good idea from now on. Can you recover them from your financial institution?
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop with a GeForce 7800 video card and a 22" Dell LCD display in dual-display mode (one big desktop). When I ALT-TAB from one app to another, I would like my pointer to jump to the new application automatically (so I don't have to manually move it all the way across the big desktop by hand). Lazy? Yes, I am. Thanks for any help.

A:How to make pointer context jump (focus) to window

Try the Snap To option in the Mouse Properties->Pointer Options
Relevancy 22.79%

Where can one download Window drivers as am trying to find drivers for Samsung SP1203N window drivers - any ideas?

A:Window Drivers - where

Hard drives do not need any drivers.
Relevancy 23.65%

Is there any way of checking what agp slot/s you have (4x 8x 16x) or what pci slots you have without opening the case and actually seeing them. I was thinking it may be possible by looking at device manager or dxdiag but I don't know where to look.

A:Checking your slots (agp or pci) without opening the case.

Not device manager. Download one of the system monitoring applications. I just looked at my "Everest" Ultimate edition program and it tells you the make and model of your motherboard. Then go to Google and do a search. It's good to take off the side once in a while to check for dust and junk Also to get a look at things while it runs.
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there:

My WD 320 ATA100 hard drive were working as an additional storage. It used to work well. One day, I removed the drive and then plugged it in again, and Window XP does not detect it!
I open My Computer/Manage/Disk management and find the drive there marked as "Unallocated" (which must be initialized to be "healthy")

I am concerned if it got initialized, my files kept therein will be deleted. Please teach me what to do.

Thank you.

A:Window XP does not detect additional storage drive

I have a few questions:

1) Is it a new drive? Did you format it when you got it?
2) Did you change anything on your computers?
3) Did you try mapping it? Right click on the drive in disk management and assign it a drive letter. Does it show now?
4) Have you tried it on other computers? Does it work?
5) If it works on other computers, did you try other usb slots? How about other devices, do they work? Flash drives?

Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all, I've cut a window in my pc.

I have decided that i want to put the TS logo on my window.

Julio, if you should see this, do i need permission from you?

I have 2 different ideas so far. 1 to paint the logo with a uv reacting paint as i have 4 uv tubes inside my case. 2 to cut the TS logo out of another piece of clear acrylic and stick the letters onto the inside of the window and light them with led's.

Just wondered if anyone had anything to add or any better ideas?

A:Case window mod idea!

What did you use to make the cut?
Relevancy 22.79%

hello everybody. i just bought a new HP Pavilion dv6426us. and was just wondering about windows vista. how come i can chat in a chat room in Yahoo????????// can anybody help.

A:window vista need help

How come you CAN chat in a chat room in yahoo, or how come you CAN'T chat?
Relevancy 30.1%

I followed this video how-to on accessing the Zune through Windows Explorer and everything worked fine at first. When I went into My Computer and opened my Zune (it showed up fine), everything appeared to work except if I tried to open, copy/paste, or drag and drop any file to or from my Zune it says "Access is Denied." I have Windows Vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Zune appears in Windows Explorer but...

Have you installed the Zune software for Vista?
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a laptop which is wirelessly networked to my router.
Whenever i run a new Internet Explorer window, the screen freezes and it take 5-10 seconds for the homepage to load. But when i click a link on a page that opens a new window, it'll load straight away.

How do i fix this?

A:new IE window slow to load

what homepage do you use?
Relevancy 24.08%

I need to clean the keys of my labtop. I think wine got spilled on it, and all my keys get stuck. How do I open the labtop to get in there to clean the keys? I have a hp pavilion zv6000. Any ideas? or a diagram?

A:Opening a Labtop

-=Go here to download the HP service manual:

-=Pages 107-117 detail the instructions for removal of the keyboard.

-=Page 75 has part numbers for replacement keyboards, if you want to just replace it.

-=Here is a link to an online store where you can buy the keyboard. It's not the lowest price, but it's a reliable vendor.

-=If you want to look for more price and store options, hit and search for the product number for the appropriate keyboard. For the US version it is 383664-001.

PS: *whistles* that's a long process just to remove a keyboard... Have fun and be careful. Oh, and remember that you may be voiding your warranty.
Relevancy 22.36%

My games crash to desktop roughly every minutes before i had my audio driver installed it crashed about every hours i used the only drivers i could find heres my specs Operating System System Model Windows XP desktop on window xp to Crash Games Home Edition Service Pack build No details available Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board ASUSTeK Computer INC P S -X REV xx Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software Inc ASUS P S -X ACPI BIOS Revision Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space X X CD-RW CD-ROM drive SONY CD-RW CRX EE CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive WDC Games Crash to desktop on window xp WD JB- JJC Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WMAM rev Games Crash to desktop on window xp C SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM has MB Games Crash to desktop on window xp Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon KID PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin ASPNET never Guest PM HelpAssistant PM SUPPORT a never DISABLED Marks a disabled account LOCKED OUT Marks a locked account HP DeskJet C C C C on lynn HP DeskJet C C C C hp officejet series on lynn hp officejet series Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Driver on Microsoft Document Imaging Writer Port Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce Display adapter Winvnc video hook driver Display adapter hp mx Monitor quot vis September Bus Adapters Multimedia SiS PCI to USB Open Host Controller x SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller SAA TV Card - Video Capture Screaming Bee Audio SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Standard Game Port TV Capture Card Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter primary IP Address Gateway Physical Address C E E FE Networking Dns Server HID-compliant consumer control device HID-compliant device USB Human Interface Device x HID Keyboard Device PS Compatible Mouse Generic USB Hub Ideazon Zboard Composite Keyboard Device x USB Root Hub x Nokia i Virus Protection Back to Top avast antivirus VPS - Version Realtime File Scanning On Someone please answer i want to play my game nbsp

A:Games Crash to desktop on window xp

My first reaction if your games are crashing is to check that you are using the latest DirectX 9.0c. Go to

If they still crash, then download and install the latest driver for your video card.

Repost if you're still having problems.
Relevancy 30.1%

hi, this problem is annoying me for the past 1 month ... whenever i play games like nfs most wanted u2 or ea cricket 07 etc... a blue screen appears and my pc restarts .... this also happens sometimes when i watch movies

my specification is :
1. processor Intel core2 duo -E6320 . 1.86 Ghz ,4mb l2 cache,1066 Mhz fsb
2. motherboard - intel D946GZIS
3. Ram - jetram(transcend) - 1 gb ...16 chips (8 on each side )

it happens both in vista professional as well as in xp sp2.

the error report is :

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 0063006F
BCP3: A3290C78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:blue screen appears & pc restarts

Video card, memory, power supply, or cpu fan. Transcend memory has a big marketing push to create a "name", but is barely so-so in our experience. Check the latency and timings. You might want to run the free MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes to rule out memory as an issue.
Then tell us about your video graphics. That is the most common area for trouble. Which card do you have? Is it PCI-E
Relevancy 30.1%

hi, this problem is annoying me for the past 1 month ... whenever i play games like nfs most wanted u2 or ea cricket 07 etc... a blue screen appears and my pc restarts .... this also happens sometimes when i watch movies
my specification is :
1. processor Intel core2 duo -E6320 . 1.86 Ghz ,4mb l2 cache,1066 Mhz fsb
2. motherboard - intel D946GZIS
3. Ram - jetram(transcend) - 1 gb ...16 chips (8 on each side )

the error report is :

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 0063006F
BCP3: A3290C78
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:blue screen appears and pc restarts

scan your minidump with microsoft debugger.
Relevancy 23.65%

Every time I try opening a video file I get the msg "explorer.exe has generated problems and willl be closed" something along those lines.

I tried searching for solutions but got no luck, any ideas on what I can do to solve the problem?

A:problem opening video files...

This is an old,old, problem,unfortunately.

The brief explanation is that Windows tries to create thumbnail previews
of videos,but crashes for some unknown reason.

The brief solution is to go to go to :

Start/Run/and paste in - regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll then click OK.

That turns off previews.More solutions HERE
Relevancy 23.65%

How would you clean the insides of a dvd-drive without being able to open the cover(not talking about the tray..)

My xbox360 has a broken dvd drive .. it can't read media anymore. I don't want to open it up because it'll void my warranty. I'm just trying to see if I can fix it before the UPS guys arrive and I send it in for repairs.

A:Cleaning a dvd drive without opening it

If its not reading a disc, chances are pretty good that it need to be replaced! Besides it is under warranty, why you worried about fixing it yourself?
Relevancy 30.1%

This morning the wife reported power ATX connector appears BURNT her computer was rebooting itself automatically ATX power connector appears BURNT By the time I got to it it was in BIOS saying something about the CPU not performing properly I made sure it was at default frequency MHz and rebooted Sometimes I got into Windows without rebooting sometimes not CPU temp was about C chassis C No alarms I honestly don t know what it normally has been running at I opened things up and played around a bit and noticed that of the fans on the PSU the interior quot intake quot fan was not turning at all I checked everything out some more chassis fans etc and restarted It ran pretty well for a while rebooted once and then ran perfectly ATX power connector appears BURNT fine as my MP server for the rest of the day Tonight after work I pulled everything out to investigate I could not get the power plug to easily pull out of the motherboard and upon further inspection noticed some dark discoloring I finally got it to lift slightly and could see that a few pins looked rusted or burnt I sprayed a tiny bit of wd and got the adapter loose Have a look see Something definitely spiked - any all the pins that are hot red wires appear burnt Obviously between that and the dead fan it s time to scrap this PSU My question is what I should do with the mobo and what should I expect from it now The machine ran fine all day maybe several like this - so as far as I know all components are totally fine Is it possible to replace the white plastic outlet on the mobo and clean the pins at the same time Or are those affected pins just a time-bomb no matter what This is an old rig that s been together in this config except for hard drive upgrades since Asus A V X Athlon XP Antec SL ThermalTake HSF etc It was behind a Powercom UPS unit and one APC power strip Collateral question-- After being away for the weekend about a month ago I came home to a shot AC DC adapter on my D-Link gigabit switch About a week and a half ago my next-door-neighbor s TV would not turn on any more after some noticeable strange power surges Is there something I should start monitoring in respect to our power situation nbsp

A:ATX power connector appears BURNT

If you don't already have some. Buy some surge protectors.
Relevancy 22.79%

I bought a x xt ATI RADEON graphics card It won t work with my gateway motherboard Can I switch to a motherboard that will support it or will that be a pain in the I am just a novice computer my I out Please throw the pc window! Before Help geek so I don t really feel comfortable replacing the motherboard Of course dh is determined for me to make the damn card fit Does anyone know of Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window! any compatible cards that are comparable with the He plays a civil war game that is shotty at best with our old mb crappy pci card Suggestions I have pci slots and PCI-E x slot but it is at the top of my slots and won t let me insert my x xt card DVD Drives or Decoder Cards - NEC DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive Hard Drives - -GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive Keyboards - Premium Black PS Keyboard Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader - -in- Media Card Reader Memory - MEM DDR MB PC Mice - Silver and Black PS Wheel Mouse Modems - K PCI Modem - K PCI Data Fax Modem Motherboards - Intel South Lake P Motherboard R Power Supplies - -Watt Power Supply Speakers - Analog Speakers nbsp

A:Help Please Before I throw my pc out the window!

Is the x850xt PCI-e? If so why won't it fit? If it won't fit because the case doesn't allow it, then just get a new case.
Relevancy 30.53%

I went to adjust my recording sections in volume

volume controls >> options >> Properties >> Recording

recording is greyed out, how to fix this?
Relevancy 23.65%

i wanted to know that as the title suggests i want to know of the precautions to be taken while opening the case

A:What precautions to be taken while opening the case

Don't pinch your fingers Use a little common sence and don't bang around inside the case to hard... Why are you opening the case. To clean the insides?
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a dual monitor setup on my Windows XP. To replace a monitor, I moved everything to 1 monitor and checked it as the primary monitor and unchecked "extend my desktop" for both monitors. The second monitor went black - as expected.

I replaced the monitor and now want to switch back to my dual monitor mode. However, when I right-click>properties, the display properties are not displaying on my primary monitor.

How do I get them onto the viewing monitor if I can't see it?

A:Where's my Display Properties

If you give us the specs of your syst. video card and such. some one might be able to help you. I use a NVIDIA video card, I can go to the Control Panel, and Display Settings then, Advanced, then to my video card, and set it there but it will be different in different video cards.
Relevancy 30.53%

My display all of a sudden appears bright what might be the cause i have attached the screenshot of it....
I have reinstalled the drivers too... but still...

A:Display Appears]

Have you tried adjusting the video card display settings
or the settings on the front of the monitor ?
Relevancy 22.36%

I got this error while i'm trying to install window xp

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If it is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer and take these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer.
Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007b (parameter 1, parameter 2, parameter 3, parameter 4)

I can't get into this page while installing window xp

the error occured just before this page....

Anybody know what is the problem???

A:Can't install window XP (error *** STOP: 0x0000007b)

It either doesn't like your hard drive OR simply doesn't recognize it.

Have you set up your bios for the type of hard drive you are installing?

You have to read your mobo manual and set the bios up correctly FIRST.
Relevancy 30.1%

ATI's R600 is a real monster...

I just found this on the web:

If those specs are true....... Then it will surely wipe the floor with the 8800GTX

Also, I found this too:

Pretty interesting pages, ain't they?

I'd love to see the new, R600-based mid range cards!

A:ATI's R600 appears to be a complete monster...

140.1GB/s... ... ... ... **dies** ... ... ... ...
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi all,
I opened my dimension 4400 and installed a PCI adapter; tonight I
tried to open my husand's dimension and when I push the button on the top of the tower the bottom part of the tower is able to push out but the top
seems to be stuck. Should I be pushing another tab? Do these buttons get stuck? I'm afraid to pull too hard and break the plastic at the top. Am I missing something? Any tips?

A:Opening the Dimension 4400

Can you unscrew the sides of the case off?
Relevancy 22.36%

My computer is not getting up to the windows loading screen i have used different moniters but it still goes black. I tryed rebooting the computer over adn over again.What should I do?

A:Computer is not getting to the window loading screen

Try pressing and keep holding down the F5 key while you switch on your PC untill you get to a black screen with menu options ,from there choose the "Safe Mode" option, if this gets you to your desktop restart again holding down the F5 key but this time choose the "Start in VGA Mode" option from the menu

if this works re-adjust your display to your prefference

Cheers HSC
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone I am a newby and I need to know if someone can tell me what to do. I have changed my motherboard and it came with a new cpu and powersupply and I am running windows xp but it will not boot up to windows. I have a cd that came along with the mb but the computer will not let me boot from the cd or the floppy and it will not let me go to safe mode can someone give me some suggestions?
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi everyone Ive got this not DVD drive opening problem with my Sony DW-Q A DVD R RW drive simply put it doesnt open every DVD drive not opening time i press eject the light flashes for a few seconds and then nothing happens i know there is a cd inside but the drive doesnt read it it was working fine up until late last night i can see the drive in device manager and i can see it in the boot-up menu but the tray wont open This isnt the first time its happened last time it happened my cousin happened to be visiting and she knew how to pry open the the drive using a safety pin But now im on my own I run XP sp and i had Alcohol installed but the dvd worked fine earlier with alcohol installed and now even after i uninstalled alcohol the dvd drive wont open i did a little search here but i couldnt find a related topic hopefully the problem isnt too serious and one of you can help me out nbsp

A:DVD drive not opening

You should find a tiny hole in the front of it, you just push the pin into it when the pc is off and that should allow it to open.

It looks like you could do with replacing it really, they are very cheap and easy to fit.
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently have a problem accessing the Properties sheet for a HDD in both Computer Management (CM) > Disk Management (DM) and My Computer. In either, when I right click the HDD and click Properties, the system hangs. This only happens on one HDD, the other 2 HDs open Properties fine, so it is only 1 that causes the problem. In DM the HDD shows Online, Basic, Healthy, NTFS, 1 partition -- all correct. The HDD is used to store Backup Images each night, and it does that correctly.

What could cause this problem with one HDD and not the others??

And what can be done to correct this problem??

A:HDD access to Properties sheet fails. Why??

Download and run hard drive diagnostic software, and check this drive for proper operation. It is possible the the drive will fail some SMART tests
Relevancy 23.22%

Title says it really. Here is a pic for anyone that is interested.

Sorry about the poor picture quality but i only have a cheapo webcam.

It's not finished by a long shot yet as I intend to fit probably 2 fans and, if possible, make a reservoir out of it too. As in the window being one side of the reservoir.

A:I cut my window at last:)

That looks awesome!

While on a topic of windows, I need advice. What do you use to cut the metal so perfectly? And do you use plexiglass or....? Thanks!
Relevancy 22.79%

I have already ordered the parts for my computer, and I am still debating on what Case to get! I have come to the CoolerMaster Praetorian, but I am still unsure if I want a side window to my case..if anyone has any suggestions on some cool cases, or whether or not I should get a case with a side window, please feel free to comment!-Thank You

A:Side Window?

I have a case with a window it really only looks good if it is filled with LEDs and UV lights etc. I think now I would differently go with the p180, it looks to be the most neatest cases and is one of the best cases on the market

My case is linked in my Profile.
Relevancy 28.81%

Sorry about the vague subject line but I Problems SP2 hardware tray. in and icon after Safely installing appears IE7. remove really have no clue what s going on here A couple of days ago I installed SP on my computer along with IE Then my computer started showing this weird icon in the area next to the clock that said safely remove hardware so I clicked on that and saw my USB printer and others that said quot USB mass storage device quot knowing that I didn t have any flash drive Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. connected I clicked the stop button for each of the devices except the printer Now I cannot get my USB drive or my internal card reader to be recognized by the computer I tried removing the card reader in the hardware profile and then disconnecting it from the motherboard rebooting and then powering down and re-connecting and it still won Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. t work What s worse it that the USB drive will not function in any of my USB ports Please help Just Problems after installing SP2 and IE7. Safely remove hardware icon appears in tray. a little add on to my previous post now when I try to take pics off my printer it says cannot access device If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it nbsp
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok i have computers a it throw the trouble with gonna Big window out networking dell deminsion and I am trying to use a wireless router to connect both to the internet I started by installing the router to the with cable to the router Then i installed a wireless card Big trouble with networking gonna throw it out the window in the The router i am using is a belkin wireless g router ghz- g The card is a wireless g desktop card Ok here s the skinny I got all the hardware installed i had the wireless card were it would see the router first BUT it couldn t connect to the net I have dsl through embarq Then i hooked it to the with a cable it s got ports on the back for cable output and it worked but when that happened my wireless card lost the router I m thinkin huh So i call tech support and they said that the router switched the wireless thingy in the router off when i did that So right now i have computers on that router through cables and it s workin but the wireless won t work also tech supp said that i had to get online to change the settings in the router so i thought WHAAAAA Wrong when i tryed the website it was supposed to be a belkin web site but it was the site to set up my dsl modem by the way the site thry gave me was quot quot Thanks for listening and if anybody could help i would be very ecstatic nbsp

A:Big trouble with networking gonna throw it out the window

First off, go to Belkin's (not your router) website and download the latest firmware update and install it.

And then, check hardware:
-Connect 1 PC to the DSL modem directly using the ethernet cable. Take all the phones and extensions (faxes, TAD etc) off the wall plugs if possible. See if you can connect to the internet, say google etc.
-If the above successful, add the phones etc back on, don't forget to use the adsl splitter as well. Check for stability again.
-Now add the router. Use the reset button first so everything's back in default and only connect the router to the PC via the cable only (for now). Configure your PC to either automatically receive IP addresses or set it to or something. You can change the IP settings on your PC via the Network Connections and right clicking the LAN connections>Properties
-If the cable PC is ok, now we configure the wifi aspect. Go to the router's config page ( in internet explorer or your browser and navigate to the Wireless settings. Set a name for it and leave it unsecured for now. With the PC thats wireless, connect to it.

Basicaly what i'm getting you to do is start from the minimum setup then work your way up when its OK, adding devices untill you find the fault. Post if you get stuck on any of the steps.

Next, have a read of this, it should help you a bit in trying to find out where the problem lies: basic networking. Post the relevant info here.
Relevancy 30.53%

hi guys, im the new guy in the block.. just got myself a nice package of 800mb cds, but on nero they appear as 702 mb. what can i do ? thanks.

A:im new... my 800mb cd appears as 702mb

used Overburn.. (turn the feature on)
Relevancy 23.22%

I dunno if its just me or what!!! But, i just cant seem to find any rectangular case window kits available here in the UK!!!

Round ones, i can find plenty. But I don't want a round one i want a rectangular one, preferably with a blue tint!!

I just don't know where to look!!!!

A:I'm looking for a window!!!

I don`t know if this is what you`re after, but take a look HERE, HERE and HERE.

Regards Howard
Relevancy 26.23%

i am having troubles with my connection since yesterday... the only thing different that i did was update zonealarm... i run a linksys wireless router and my other pc's are connected wireless and wired but mine won't, i tried scanning for virus,trojans,spyware... i looked for problem with registry keys even unistall and install zonealarm changed cables unistall and install my lan card drivers.. even dl and use a free software that promess to fix my kind of problem "Ispfix"... i also tried unistalling the Winsock and Winsock 2 and reinstalling again and nothing, of course i restore router defaults,restart modem,tried to renew ip adress from cdm

A:help i can't acces my network "limited or not connectivity" msg appears instead

Try a static address in your network. Then try pinging your way out. Start with the address then the computer address you assigned and then the gateway. Make sure it is an address that is in your network. If this dosn't work try reinstalling your tcp/ip stack. Especially if you can't ping the address
Relevancy 23.65%

Ive another problem (again -.-)

This time i noticed using bittorent(a file share program) and im pretty sure some ports are not opened in my router (6881~6999). Im 100% sure something is wrong because ages ago when i didnt have a router i used to get download speeds of 40kb/s at least. Now i get 3kb/s and never get anything above 10kb/s.

I need some help opening ports. heres a screenshot but im not pretty sure what to fill in in every field .

Im not sure if im on the right page, if i am pls tell me what to fill in there.

A:opening ports in a router

It could be a problem with you ISP. If it has been happening recently, maybe there is overcrowding, or something of that sort. Try calling them and see what they say, they could be having problems.
Relevancy 23.65%

I just purchased an AOpen DVD burner and am having some issues. I've installed it multiple ways with the jumpers (tried it as Primary, Secondary, etc) so I don't think that is the problem. Also, when I go to "My Computer" I can see it's reading the drive as the "F:" drive. Also, I tried installing drivers from the Nero program that came with it. I updated the Firewire drivers from the AOpen website.

The problem with the drive is that it keeps opening after a few seconds. Its a brand new drive so I'm thinking that maybe its faulty. Anyone ever have this problem or know anything about it? Suggestions?

A:DVD Tray won't stay closed, keeps opening

after it opens, does it close? or does it just want to stay open?
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, i need to open a couple ports for farcry..just wondering how i would do that-thanks

A:Opening ports

Please clarify. What excactly do you mean by opening ports?

Relevancy 29.67%

this is a family member's computer, and after lookin at some similar problems on here, I am beginning to think i'm out of my league.

When i turn the power on the computer sounds as if it is booting (the whirring noise).. However that is about all I get. I have a monitor hooked up to it, and there is no output on that whatsoever. I did notice that the fan on the psu is not turning. I am sorry I don't have much more info for you. It is a pentium 3 pc w/ windows 98 installed. The name on the casing is Micron. Any ideas guys?

A:p3 desktop appears to power up, but no display on monitor

I removed the one stick of ram (PC100).. tried booting without it... no go. Put it back in, turned it on, and it booted to a C prompt. When I checked what is on that, only one thing is-

Relevancy 29.67%

while burning dvd-r with Nero 7.0, the DVD-rw Drive on my sony MXS10 Pc show full under properties, does not play even a CD and does not read any dvd or cd..tried to reinstall driver from sony and from Pioneer ( by the is a DVR-103 Pioneer OEM), but did not work.
I have uninstalled Nero...nothing..tried restoring to previous system dice..
Only thing I can think of is opening the Sony Pc (a pain in the back) and try to clean the laser beam...

any help will be greatly appreciated

A:dvd-rw on sony MXs10 pc shows full under properties-cannot play

A couple fo things, first never open a optical drive. just use compressed air thru the drive tray to blow out any debris. it sounds to me like your drive is failing. but there are a few things you can check. in devocemanager under IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers check under the advanced tab for the channel the drive is on and see if ti is operating in DMA or PIO mode. it should be DMA. if it is in pio then uninstall the ide channel and reboot widnows. windows will reinstall the IDE channel and the drive on start up.
Relevancy 22.36%

How do i fix this problem?? >>> The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

A:The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

Try XP_FIX.exe
"This installaton program will reinstall the missing or corrupt Windows XP system files, autoexec.nt and config.nt. The absence or corruption of one or more of these files causes a "16 Bit Subsystem" error.

We recommend that you download this file and save it to your desktop or to another location where you can find it. Double click on the file to run it once it's downloaded. If problem reoccurs in the future, simply re-run this program."

Microsoft describe the manual method HERE
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey there. My laptop is pretty messed up now, well just a pieace. The input for the laptop charger fell out, like i guses it broke off. Its like a squae pieace, and it was loose for a few days and when i was trying to fix it, it fell out. Right now my dad thinks he can fix it but we are trying to open the laptop cover off so we can see the part perfectly and fix it. We got all the screws off but there seems to be a screw for the middle and we cant find it. Im thinking its under the keyboard, but is it? Anyone know how to pull a Dell notebook cover off, so i can fix this problem?

A:Need help opening my dell laptop

There are are some pics of a Dell laptop being taken apart HERE and HERE

Don`t know if that helps.