Windows Support Forum

Need Help with HP Pavillion

Q: Need Help with HP Pavillion

My daughter has a HP Pavillion Model a f bit that HP Need Help Pavillion with is running Vista Home Premium It has gigs of ram a gig hard drive and a dual core processor The computer ran fine until tonight When she turns it on the keyboard is recognized but a blue splash screen for HP comes up that asks to click Need Help with HP Pavillion on esc to go into bios F for setup etc It won't go Need Help with HP Pavillion any further There appears to be a yellow or amber light that lights up right behind the power swith which does light up I can hear the fan is running and the mouse shows that it has power too If I press esc a message comes up that it is entering setup but never does It just sits there I would sure appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea what I might try to do to help her get her computer going again Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need Help with HP Pavillion

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need Help with HP Pavillion

Solved the problem myself. Opened the tower and changed the port that the SATA drive cable connected to. At least after doing that and restarting the computer I was able to get into BIOS. Showed no hard drive as being recognized. Went to HP's site and found that Seatgate had a problem with some of the hard drives (500, 700, etc.) After calling a technician with HP it was decided that the hard drive had failed (no indication of it failing-it just stopped!!!)

HP is sending a new hard drive and a recovery disk (the recovery partition was on the hard drive that failed. No cost. There was still 50 days left on the warranty.

I guess we were LUCKY!

Thanks for looking at my computer problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247972/need-help-with-hp-pavillion/
Relevancy 32.68%

hi all I tried taking battery off tried just charger etc but wont turn on could someone help on where to start to try find problem its got no hard drive in it as I bought it 2nd hand with out a hard drive in it .. thanks in advance

A:HP Pavillion dv5 won't turn on

Do you see anything on the screen when you switch on? Any fan noise? It should start briefly then find the hard drive missing, as long as there is power(?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv5-wont-turn-on.180658/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 31.39%

I powered down the machine yesterday (Shut Down) and now this morning the computer will not boot.
When I try to boot the machine the BIOS screen does not appear, the HD light flickers on but then stays off. All other lights on the machine are on as normal. The fan kicks in within 30 seconds and sounds like it's running at maximum revs.
I did a hard reset and reseated the HD and the RAM and replaced the RTC battery without fixing the issue.
I will disassemble the unit and make sure the fan is not clogged, in the meantime does anyone have any thoughts ?
TIA
Arfer

A:HP Pavillion DV6700 will not start, no BIOS screen just black

The motherboard has probably failed do to consistent overheating over time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-will-not-start-no-bios-screen-just-black.189056/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a HP Pavillion dv5000 and would like to replace the cmos battery due to charging issues. I can't find the darn thing. I removed the keyboard and the wifi card and NO battery. I removed the ram sticks also to see and still no battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems easy but you try lookin in this machine lol

A:HP Pavillion CMOS battery... where the heck is it?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00700959.pdf

Section 5.8 RTC Battery, page 5-16

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-cmos-battery-where-the-heck-is-it.173717/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Hp Pavilion with a 4.2 score, AMD Turion II P560 Dual-Core 2.50GHz, 4gb ram 300 gb storage, and a AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250. I can play games like minecraft well on High performance and HD, 3D graphics but I want to play more games like Battlefield and Black Ops, MW2 MW3 -Beta. I use Game booster but it only seems to end my processes, how can i run my laptop to be faster for gaming without lag?

A:How can I make my HP Pavillion G-series computer run games faster?

go into battery settings and change to high performance, also most the time with laptops specs dont handle like there advertised due to battery and "saving space" issues. On top of that just try doing the normal, clear off empty hdd space, and use a good defrag program like auslogics and optimize to read the data faster. Trust me gaming is hard enough with just BF2 on my dinosaur of a laptop stuck to windowed resolutions of 800x600

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-make-my-hp-pavillion-g-series-computer-run-games-faster.170081/
Relevancy 31.82%

it possible to place a ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP pavillion slimline?

I want to know because i just bought just cause 2 for pc and i dont have the right Graphics card so im planning to buy the graphics card.

btw im 13 so i cant afford everything.

thanks for your help

UPDATE: the version of the PC is S3330f

A:Is it possible to place an ATI Radeon HD 5750 in a HP Pavillion Slimline?

From the information I could gather 8800GT is 9" long and roughly 4.7" high. Whereas, this XFX HD 5750 is 7.9" by 4.4". So if these measurements are true to your existing system, you should be ok with this card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-place-an-ati-radeon-hd-5750-in-a-hp-pavillion-slimline.169743/
Relevancy 31.82%

This is the strangest problem some Pavillion work don't TX2500, keys HP that I have ever run into The computer is less than years old the motherboard has been replaced once already Some of the keys on the keyboard do not work The keys that do work output in all caps when the caps lock is off and output in lower case when caps lock is on This HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work is what I have tried already Uninstall the keyboard and drivers in device manager Scanned for viruses and malware-Negative Tried the battery removal power cord out press power to discharge the capacitors and still no good Tried a USB keyboard and a different set of keys don t work Tried the keyboard on my HTC Thunderbolt while connected using Gmote and even less keys work Tried a system restore and a clean install of Ubuntu Same nonsense Removed the keyboard from the laptop and re-seated the connector Now my head hurts Does anyone have any ideas that I have not tried I m thinking it s the motherboard keyboard controller which means I am not replacing the motherboard in this thing again UUGGhh Thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:HP Pavillion TX2500, some keys don't work

Bought a replacement keyboard and it did not work, which I expected. The keyboard was $56 from HP. I am returning it and they are charging me $25 restocking fee! Almost 50%...

HP sucks! I think it's time for a Macbook!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-tx2500-some-keys-dont-work.167676/
Relevancy 30.96%

A few hours ago why running a few programs and things nothing that taxing like a game or anything my computer randomly shut down Now when (BIOS/startup loop malfunction?) dv3150nr HP Pavillion boot I tried to reboot it or when it restarted itself im not too sure It would flash a blank DOS window with a blinking quot quot for - seconds then go to the HP BIOS screen and remain there for a few seconds HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?) At HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?) the point in which it would normally go to the next screen and start loading windows it instead started the booting process all over and went back to the BIOS screen and would do this continually until i pressed the power button and shut it off I have no idea what is the problem and how to fix it I ran the memory and other daignostics in the bios and they did not come up with any errors My antivirus expired not too long ago but i dont think a virus could do this I did at one time get a message something like this quot Primary internal Battery storage capacity of battery very low replace battery But that make have been a fluke caused by me trying to perform a quot hard reset quot by removing the battery and draining the remaining power in the notebook I am no longer under warranty By days Doesn t this always happen and I m at a loss for what to do I may still be able to boot from a disk but before I try anything like that I need to understand what is causing the problem and how best to fix it Any help would be appreciated Notebook stats pretty much the only thing I m able to access in the bios besides diagnostic tests Notebook model HP Pavillion dv Notebook PC Windows Vista SYSTEM BOARD ID PROCESSOR TYPE INTEL CORE DUO CPU P GHz Total Memory MB BIOS Version F nbsp

A:HP Pavillion dv3150nr boot loop (BIOS/startup malfunction?)

The primary internal battery might be the motherboard CMOS battery. Sounds like the hard drive may have gone bad... Once you get the laptop to boot, you can address the weak CMOS battery. Can you get into the boot devices in the bios at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv3150nr-boot-loop-bios-startup-malfunction.158538/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi I need to replace a screen on the above laptop - however I am unsure which screen I need - there seems to be one with a dual back light - and a 17.3" screen size as wellas the 17" - any ideas how I could find out which part I need ?

A:HP Pavillion DV9000 - Which screen to replace

Look on the back of the screen itself there should be some numbers on the back of the screen type model number from the back of the screen into google or eBay that will give you the correct screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv9000-which-screen-to-replace.157418/
Relevancy 32.68%

my lap top freezes when i turn it on. the only thing i get is a black screen with hp invent in the middle. i put a disc in with windows xp home edition on it to try to swipe the computer but when i turn it on i cant even get to boot from disc. any ideas?

A:HP Pavillion ze4400

That unit is old enough to have begun some problems with the hard drive... or heat from dust, dirt, fiber...

Clean out thoroughly with canned air and denatured alcohol.

Can you put the drive in an external USB enclosure to see if you can access the data on another computer? If so, look for the SMART test results.

HP has used in that model Hitachi, Samsung, Western Digital, and Seagate... so it would be helpful to know more about the hard drive installed.

Luckily hard drives are very low cost nowadays... so I would look for another at Frys, NewEgg, Directron, CDW, Zipzoomfly, or other supplier and see if you can install windows to it... If you need help, let us know.

But there have been a lot of system board failure reports... due to excess heat.

What is the age of that laptop and components.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze4400.156583/
Relevancy 32.68%

i have an hp pavillion dv 6 entertainment notebook ? can i enhance it with new 3 d card?? it has a built it mobile chip set !

A:HP Pavillion notebook

General speaking, you cannot upgrade the video card or GPU in a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-notebook.153825/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello
my laptop stopped picking up wireless network, it wont' recognized the wireless assistant, I tried every possible solution online (updating bios, reinstalling the drivers, changed the network card) and still nothing. any suggestions? will buying a usb wireless adapter give me the option to connect to wireless networks?

Thank you

Ori

A:HP Pavillion DV 6000 stopped picking up wireless networks

Welcome to the club and I don't say that sarcastically; I feel your pain. This is quite a well known problem with HP's DV 6000 series; a series that had MAJOR failures with their motherboards due to poor cooling. Their 9000 series also had epic fails. One tech guy that I know told me that in their shop the wireless card failing was the beginning sign of motherboard issues.

Its not your wireless card per se though. I speak from personal experience as my daughter's wireless connection died as well. I even replaced the card and it still didn't work. I also did everything you mentioned plus I followed HP's instructions. I even contacted them and the cost to fix was rediculous. They even said it most likely is a motherboard issue after I did everything they instructed to resolve the issue.

So to answer your last question: Yes, a USB wireless adapter will work. It did for my daughter and we hope this system will last us till she graduates this coming May.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv-6000-stopped-picking-up-wireless-networks.153254/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all this is my first time here so hopefully i will be able sound on HP found dv6618ca Pavillion No to be successful for what i am here My problem is with my PC NOT having any SOUND at all The sound symbol No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca on the right hand corner of the screen has an X mark over it and when i move the mouse over it it No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca says quot No audio output device is installed quot This is what i tried to fix from reading all the other similar posts on net -I tried to restore my Pc to an Earliest point or b this problem occured and it didn t seem to fix the problem at all -I went to the HP software hardware site to install the audio software and it didn t work either once the installation was about to complete it would display a message saying quot Installation failed no MEDIA device is installed for this driver - I also read people saying go to Device Manager and update the Audio sound n so on thing BUT there is no Such thing as audio or such similar terms to click on and install update it -so i decided to REFORMAT my PC maybe that will fix it I even reformatted the PC BUT STILL NO SOUND -so i tried to go back to the HP s website to install the audio software and it gave the same message again I recently spend alot of money trying to get the fan fixed and new battery now i dont wanna end spending more on this sound I am hoping someone would really help me out and i really appretiate it thanks a bunch in advance nbsp

A:No sound found on HP Pavillion dv6618ca

It almost sounds as though Windows no longer detects a sound card....

Check your BIOS. Is there any setting Enable / Disable Onboard Audio?

Report on any BIOS settings, then Generate a Problem Device report

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-found-on-hp-pavillion-dv6618ca.152090/
Relevancy 31.82%

I own a Hp Pavillion dv6700 laptop and recently it wouldn't turn on for more than a few seconds. I tried troubleshooting by removing the battery and turning it on just with the powersupply, no difference. Vice versa.

I purchased another charger to see if that would help. Despite trying different combinations with chargers, batter in/out, the computer still only turns on for a few seconds(nothing comes up on the screen) and then turns itself off.

Reading some other forums similiar to this problem has yielded no help.

Another thing - the port that I plug the power supply into it seems like the cord can move around a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6700-wont-boot-up-more-than-4-seconds.152014/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am at my wits end with this computer We received it yesterday at pm and tried Pavillion on "new" disconnected Winsock error/media HP refurbished for hours to get it connected to the internet with no luck Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion We have another laptop ipod touch PS and Wii all connected to the same router with no problems I have tried just about everything you can possibly imagine I even tried downloading a program that says it fixes winsock errors and it couldn t find anything wrong The computer has nothing on Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion it so any scans I have run turn up no problems The computer shows that the wireless card is working correctly and the computer can find all available networks just cannot connect When I try to go to a website and then troubleshoot I get this info Error attempting to validate the Winsock base providers Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed already tried a reset When you try ipconfig it shows quot media disconnected quot I don t know what to do anymore nbsp

A:Winsock error/media disconnected on "new" refurbished HP Pavillion

We figured it out finally. We had to reset the router to factory settings and then connect the hp laptop first and now everything is online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winsock-error-media-disconnected-on-new-refurbished-hp-pavillion.151111/
Relevancy 31.82%

ok so i have a dv hp pavillion with win vista home premium actually the laptop is a series but that shouldnt matter to much just for some of you to pinpoint the problem more accurately First of all thanks for reading and trying to diagnose this wierd problem Problem is as states i originally found a problem with my laptop shortly turning it off one day the problem was that when i closed the lid on the laptop shortly after it would shut down as in not sleep but i could hear the hdd awkardly turn on hear the fan then it would kick off and power problem hp pavillion Laptop lid dv9000 i could hear the hdd loose power like if you were to unplug a from a usb connection passed it as a power issue and quickly went into the power settings to make sure that hybrid hybernation was turned off that sleep was the only option for lid Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem closings and there were no timers on and everything is how it should have been and dismissed the problem once again shortly after noticing this problem it the power issue when i close the lid became more of an instant thing like it would try to sleep only to have the computer go into a state loosing power all together as i shut the lid or something to that effect so i thought that the lid option or some sys driver may have failed or became corrupt over several years of using my laptop so i decided to venture into the old manual and box get the system restore disks and proceed unfortuantely this didnt fix the problem either so i have elimenated several things so far one itts not the power options two its not the OS itself so i thought it may be something else and started to just shut the computer down when i had to close the lid but to my suprise even if i shut the comptuer down via the Fn Fx button or the start shutdown option and waited untill the computer fully shut down and then closed the lid it still did the same thing as i would close the lid it would power on only briefly then shut off as if it would totally loose power so now i am at a standstill and am asking for some help as i have no idea what this is other than the lid switch or something more familiar with these laptop models and it being something more of the internal hardware any help will work and i can post any type of diagnostic data needed thanks ps the laptop is officially a dv cl with a C D ghz processor gb of ddr mhz two hdds one has been replaced the os drive a gb wd black mb cache and the second is the factory installed hitatchi gb storage drive both independent from each other nbsp

A:Laptop dv9000 hp pavillion lid power problem

Have you tried restoring the laptop to the original purchased state? Or even doing a Windows Restore to an earlier time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dv9000-hp-pavillion-lid-power-problem.146359/
Relevancy 31.82%

Base System Device
PCI BUS2 Device 5 Function 2
PCI BUS2 Device 5 Function 3

Coprocessor
PCI Bus 0 Device 1 Function 3

Thanks In Advance

A:HP Pavillion DV6809WM - I Need Some Driver Referrels For Win7x64

Please give a lot more detail as to computer, configuration, and problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6809wm-i-need-some-driver-referrels-for-win7x64.144890/
Relevancy 30.96%

You re gonna love this one no ANY 6000 now HP display of gone. Disabled recognition driver, Pavillion graphics Lots of quirks along the way So get a laptop from my mom HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics It was her old one It had been wiped clean It came preloaded with Vista she put XP on it and got frustrated and gave it HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics to me All the drivers worked great except the graphics driver From searching it appears to be an NVidia Go series Believe I tried the full install from NVidia and the short driver install from HP the only one for this laptop no luck Keeps telling me no drivers are HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics recognized In my hissy fit I turned off the vgasafe in properties gt Settings gt Advanced gt Monitor Okay no graphics at all Runs great still I use narrator and go into the same settings but as I go through I hear my monkey man speak out that the resolution is x x with no options I continue to advanced where there s nothing The advanced button no longer works So I head to the run command and bring up the Device Manager to enable that way Display Adapter is gone completely I even did a walkthrough to enable from the display Device Manager I try all the boot modes my BIOS has no area for graphics settings Safe with out command sticks at mup sys The other modes leave me black screened I go back in try to install basic and NVidia drivers from a CDRom with Narrator s help again Still says no hardware for NVidia found and the other kept erroring out Here s the quirks I have no Win CD I just got it Ma trashed the disc when I took the laptop and it s XP Home which meant I needed to burn a disc before it died Even so it seems the Recovery solution hasn t worked in the very limited info I ve been Googling for the last hours Display adapter is completely missing Advanced button in the desktop settings doesn t go anywhere I would install my copy of Win XP Pro to get it going but from again the limited info this does not fix the problem either Is the only solution at this point to completely reformat with my own Win XP From there it still seems that the drivers never worked with XP even though HP says they do Am I stuck forever in cheesy blur mode if I stick with XP Thanks in advance hopefully there s some more detailed advice here than what I ve been able to find nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics

it seams to me what you need to to do is reinstall windows vista and then go from there, if you have some money then go buy windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-6000-display-gone-disabled-driver-now-no-recognition-of-any-graphics.140595/
Relevancy 31.82%

hi my name is thomas has anyone come across this fault

hp pavillion dv 6500 blank screen

A:Hp pavillion dv 6500 blank screen

It is an issue that has been reported before. How old is your DV6500? And what is the model number from the label on the back?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv-6500-blank-screen.136141/
Relevancy 32.25%

My HP Pavillion Laptop has stopped booting. I only get the blue powerlights to flash briefly once. I have tried removing the battery, disconnecting the bios battery - all to no avail.

Following hp's troubleshooting guides, this points to a cpu failure - is it worth replacing the CPU (AMD) - or does the whole motherboard need replacing.

A:HP Pavillion DV6000 - Not Booting

There have been huge issues with that series of HP laptops... I suggest you call HP and discuss the problem. HP has recently admitted some of these problems and has accommodated some owners with repairs, even out of warranty repairs.

It is my understanding that it is a motherboard problem, and the CPU is fine... but my info is all second hand... so call HP and be persistent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv6000-not-booting.135935/
Relevancy 31.82%

I recently had to replace the mother board in my HP Pavillion a620n because of a nearby lightning strike. The replacement was done by a certified technician. Now when I shut the PC down I must turn off the powe strip it is connected to, turn the power stip back on and then press the power button on the top right of the PC case.

Prior to the replacement all I had to do was press the power buitton. I have checked all power settings etc and they are correct.

When I turn the power strip back on the hard drive accesss light flickers, the DVD drive light flashes and the fan start. I then pust the power button and the computer boots.

A:Trouble with powering up HP Pavillion 1620n

The power supply is the first piece of hardware to be hit by a power surge. it also may have been damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-powering-up-hp-pavillion-1620n.131815/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hope this is the right section Hi I m quite new here and I wanted to know if I could upgrade the CPU and maybe the video card of my laptop Any help would be appreciated thanks My specs Time of this report Machine name OWNER-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS Ver PARTTBL Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page dv6700 I Pavillion upgrade Can my laptop? HP File MB used Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700 MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GS Manufacturer NVIDIA Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700 Chip type GeForce M GS DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS CC C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Generic PnP Monitor Driver Name nvd dum dll nvwgf um dll Driver Version English DDI Version Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- E-C C CA Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x CC C Revision ID x A Revision ID x A nbsp

A:Can I upgrade my laptop? HP Pavillion dv6700

I have found from personal experience that HP is decent on responding to upgrade questions. They should be able to tell you what can and cannot be upgraded and then buy the parts from a cheaper source.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-my-laptop-hp-pavillion-dv6700.127262/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi...
New here any help would be ridiculously appreciated!!

Here's my issue, I have a laptop that trys to boot then comes back with an error of an invalid partition table.

I have tried to re-format it with the operating system (XP Home) it gets to a point and the machine just shuts down. Won't re-format.

I have tried to run memtest86+ on it and it does the same thing, runs for a bit but then the machine shuts down. I did notice while running memtest that one of the categories.. Chipset stated it was disabled, is that a sign of a dead motherboard??

CAN I FIX THIS AT ALL??????

Please help

Jane

A:HP Pavillion dv8000 won't start

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

Can be done on HP or Dell as well Actually any Windows computer
Oh I removed your not required reply on the memtest guide too
Thanks Jane

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv8000-wont-start.126308/
Relevancy 31.82%

Help! I've got a problem with my laptop keyboard. The touchpad works fine but every time I try using the keyboard, everything freezes. Even the volume control buttons on the side of the laptop won't work. Right now the keyboards are disabled, saying that they've been disabled since the drivers may be corrupt or missing. I've been using the on-screen keyboard, but it's so hard to type documents. I hope you can give me advice on how to resolve this. Thanks much!

BTW, my laptop's model is ze4908us (i mixed 8 & 0 on the title) ==sorry!

A:Keyboard problems (HP Pavillion ze4908us)

Hi rhaiven29, please first confirm that all your System Drivers are up to date
You can do this by going here and clicking on "Start Detection" button http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problems-hp-pavillion-ze4908us.124016/
Relevancy 32.25%

I read the posting CM Lanman, explaining basicially the very same problem I'm experiencing with HP Pavillion zt3000 laptop. When I boot the computer up, all I get is a black screen, any help out there.

Michael

A:Problem with HP Pavillion zt3000

Can you boot all the way into Normal Mode at all (if there's a problem you may have to wait like ten mins) ?

Can you boot into Safe Mode successfully ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-hp-pavillion-zt3000.97260/
Relevancy 31.82%

Standby does not work since I installed the latest XP SP3.
When the 1230 goes into standby, the screen goes blank and the keyboard is locked. It will not quickly resume with an active screen regardless of which key is depressed. In order to recover, the power must be turned off, and then back on in order to continue. In effect, standby works like hibernate, even though hibernate is not enabled. Any ideas about the cause of this type of problem?
Does the BIOS have to be updated??

A:Standby problem with HP Pavillion ze1230

You could try removing SP3 and see if the computer returns to normal

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standby-problem-with-hp-pavillion-ze1230.120045/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi there I just happened to stumble upon this site thanks to Google It seems that this problem with the DC adapter jack is quite common on these computers which puzzles me when I try to - jack adapter HP pavillion bad DC zv5000 figure out why HP doesn t have the XC cable no longer available I have a zv series notebook and although it s done it s work it is still quite reliable for the kids If I knew about the XC cable years ago when the problem started I would have bought one in a hurry The problem initially wasn t a broken solder connection it was due to the jack HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack being tapered so I made a paper thin sleeve to go over the adapter end so it would prevent it from touching the plastic tip at least it lasted for a while - years Can anyone out there please let me know where I can obtain a XC cable or dock for this HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack computer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:HP pavillion zv5000 - bad DC adapter jack

Try Ebay. The problem with laptops is the fact that the metal/plastic connector that is around the power input gets shaved, bent, or broken. Your situation seems to be the shaved. The contacts arent touching fully and is not able to provide the correct ammount of power to the laptop. This could be either INSIDE the jack, or INSIDE the power adapters port. If it is the port, you should be fine going to walmart and picking up a universal power adapter for about 20 dollars. If it is the Laptops port, then you need to go to a radioshack or possibly order it from the manufacturer to re-solder on. Let us know what you can observe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-bad-dc-adapter-jack.118475/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just bought this HP Pavillion ZV5000, I knew there was trouble with it, but didnt know what, so here is whats happening, I turn it on, I can hear the HDD spin up, then it stops, all power lights stay on, then after about 4-5 seconds it spins up again, but I get nothing on my screen, no post at all, I've also tried using a regular monitor hooked into the back, still nothing, I've changed the RAM with known GOOD RAM, still getting the same result, anyone have any Ideas?

A:HP pavillion zv5000, cant get to work..

Welcome to TechSpot!

Take it back to where you got if it brand new as you said it is... Or call up HP and tell them the problem you're having. They might give you 48 hour swap out or overnight you a new system. Depends on where you got it from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-cant-get-to-work.85862/
Relevancy 32.25%

First my parents unplugged a few things out of anger one day That was a year ago they ve keeps HP Pavillion to going sleep My monitor finally given me my computer back and I hooked everything back up inside no problem I went to turn in on and the monitor will start and then say going to sleep then start itself up again given you the option of normal mode or safe mode If you go into safe mode My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep you re fine if you go into Normal mode it goes through that process of monitor going to sleep and starting up again I thought maybe it was the tower because of me maybe missing something small in it that would cause something big Well I took it to a friend who went to school for that and he took the memory card out put it back in and hooked it up to his monitor and it ran perfectly fine in normal mode Woohoo Well I took it home and it s still doing it on my monitor so I can come to the conclusion that I narrowed it down to it s the monitor not the tower well I looked at the settings and it shows a recommended setting for a thousand some number x a thousand some number can t check at the moment or I would and then it says GHRZ when in safe mode the first numbers are smaller than the recommended but it meets the GHRZ it s actually so would that mean in normal mode it s not meeting that and that s why it keeps restarting the monitor like that When I restored the other day I was given an option of installing hardware for the monitor I clicked continue anyways I m now in the process of restoring and seeing more details about that and maybe trying no this time to see where I can t get But even if it were to fix the problem or it weren t could anyone suggest anything or explain anything more to me Thank you for taking your time to read this and thank you if you were to reply I really appreciate it nbsp

A:My HP Pavillion monitor keeps going to sleep

Update

I completely restore the PC to it's original self from the manufactoror I can't spell. And it's fine.. nothing at all wrong with it. Now. I installed my linksys wireless card fine, but when I put it in. that's when the monitor keeps restarting on me. when I take it out, it loads fine. BUT when my friend plugged it into his computer, it worked fine, with the lnksys card in it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep.117437/
Relevancy 31.82%

My computer is less than a month old--so that is the good news The bad news is that upon turning it on last night the monitor is so dark that I can barely see the images I checked the brightness all says it is functioning well I have it hooked up to a regular monitor--which is actually how I intend to use it most of the time but this is nuts I haven t found anyone else with this problem I bought a second of these for my boyfriend who is taking it to Germany--his is fine and we compared the two computers settings--they are identical - Super-dim monitor HP Pavillion dv6910us There is no explanation other than the monitor is not working I hope it is something minor such as something I did and don t realize it otherwise I ll be taking it back and getting another computer since I just got the darn thing Any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks in advance Carolyn nbsp

A:Super-dim monitor - HP Pavillion dv6910us

If you tried another monitor on your computer it's fine, then there's something wrong with the new one. All computer manufacturer have a default 90 warranty on all hardware. Take it back to the store and either have them test it or replace it.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/super-dim-monitor-hp-pavillion-dv6910us.115019/
Relevancy 32.68%

finally something to contribute a few years ago i bought one of those after thanks giving walmart laptop specials don t get me wrong its been a good one only paid mobile sempron gig hdd upgraded immediately to gb ram only burns cd s and plays dvds but ill soon fix that along with hdd found i may be able to upgrade CPU a Hp pavillion ze2000 little too maybe someone can confirm that anyway apparently some of these overheat and they recommend Hp pavillion ze2000 a new bios flash sp some how they think that the CPU fan running slows Hp pavillion ze2000 the computer down and somehow makes it overheat i did the flash because they recommended it and told me that it would make it work better after the flash the CPU fan hardly ever came on did it twice to make sure i did it right tech support told me to clean it I m very meticulous about my computers did it anyway as suggested and took a vacuumed cleaner to it which was kinda fun but wondered if i was going to zap it with static electricity from the vacuum it would get so hot that the palm rest would be more than just warm but kinda hot the touch pad would become very erratic but it never shut down on me i got a cool pad just so i could use my computer good investment though i do like it finally installed cpucool so i cold see what temp it was getting up to C with cool pad man searched around and found older bios sp ran the flash eureka it works now still a little warmer than i would like but fan on at approximately - C off at around C under regular load with cool pad much lower temp mid to high s they tried to get me to buy a new fan also works fine I ve only had one laptop but it seems that they run just a little warmer than equal desktop probably air circulation limitations sometimes i think they just go down a list of things that s why i was so happy to find this site experience but if anyone else has one of these its actually a ze wm if you look on the tag they did have one thing that did some good for me sp core speed adjustment download raises clock speed from multiplier x to like almost mhz multiplier x cpuid it fluctuates from one to the other I m thinking it lowers the clock speed to force cooling right anyway hope this helps someone out that is wrestling with tech support i wonder if i can put a fan in it with its own temp sensor can you do that with a laptop hmmmm thanks nbsp

A:Hp pavillion ze2000

Find your computer and bios here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze2000.114696/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have a HP Pavillion DV1000. Since last 2 days, it is giving me starting problem. When it does not start, then i remove the battery out and then put it again, repeat this process several times and sometimes that works.

I have 2 batteries, sometimes i keep changing on batteries and that also works. My both batteries are working fine, the only issue is laptop does not start by pressing the 'on' button the first time.

Once the laptop starts, then it will not shut down till i give shut down command.

What can be the problem?

A:HP Pavillion DV1000 starting problem

how does it behave if you start with power supply only - no battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv1000-starting-problem.106746/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I would appreciate any tips.
My daughter has a HP Pavillion a1210.uk desktop. I have upgraded my machine and have donated to the HP my spare ram, processor and pci e Nvidia 6600gt.
The ram and processor are fine but.
I have updated the bios.
Disabled the onboard Ati ane enabled PCI e. I have loaded the latest drivers but am unable to get anything but the very lowest resolution .
Any Ideas. Have put it back to onboard graphics for the moment to make it usable.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-get-6600gt-to-run-in-hp-pavillion.102062/
Relevancy 27.95%

third attempt to post I recently bought a brand new Hewlett Packard computer It prompts you Hewlett Hp full." error Packard "recovery Pavillion drive message dv2500 to back up your files and gives you the option of selecting the backup drive d or writing to dvd I selected writing to the backup "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 drive The system "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 tried to backup my files but sent an error message recovery drive full It continues to prompt me to backup my files I solved this problem by going to the HP website clicking on troubleshooting and entering the details of my computer I then found an FAQ somehow The page explained that I had been wrong to select the d drive to back up my files how foolish of me to choose one of two options "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 offered It said that the D drive was only small I must delete the file already created there and then change the settings to create a backup onto a dvd drive instead You delete the backed up copy of the file by going to start computer HP recovery d where the first folder you will find will be one with the name of your computer eg in my case Anna-PC You then delete this file You then go to start and type backup in the search box Select backup and restore center then change settings then change backup settings then give your permission to continue then select DVD rw drive e which describes itself as on a hard disc cd or dvd I wondered if there had been some sort of design error Why did they give me that option if it was not a good place to save a backup I would have thought there was little point of making a backup on the same pc you are backing up anyway Had they intended people to back things up there but not allowed enough space gb is quite a lot of space after all Many people must have stored less than gb there in blissfull ignorance that it is the wrong place I am rather mystified nbsp

A:"recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500

Actually what concerns me more is, I wonder if you have deleted files in your recovery partition.
It's usually hidden from inside Windows, so I expect no. But by chance did you receive a Windows CD or just a recovery partition (because the recovery files may now be gone)

As for the location, think of it this way, it will show all areas that you can backup to. I think even the floppy drive (if you have one) this is to give you the full choice, instead of putting restrictions on your own computer (which most don't like)

That's why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovery-drive-full-error-message-hewlett-packard-pavillion-hp-dv2500.99700/
Relevancy 32.25%

I got my hp pavillion dv9419us like 3 months ago and two days ago i spilled coke on it it worked for like 2 weeks but now it turns on then off again

A:My hp pavillion dv9410us turns on then off

The acid, not to mention the sticky sugar, isn't good for your computer and has probably eaten through some of your metalwork (printed circuits, tin-solder, etc).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavillion-dv9410us-turns-on-then-off.99229/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have it plugged in but it won't power on?
On the back of tower is a small flickering green light
What's happening?

A:Hp pavillion desktop a520n won't power up

If that light is flickering, it is likely that the power supply has burned out, and must be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-desktop-a520n-wont-power-up.97923/
Relevancy 32.25%

My laptop is running extremely hot I believe and thus results in system shut down. Please advise me of what to do. Thanks.

A:HP Pavillion dv8000; 55+ Celcius

Make sure that the cooling fans are operating as they should, or at all. Use some compressed air to blow any dust out of the fans and heatsinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv8000-55-celcius.84686/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have an HP Pavillion dv9074cl which I bought with no OS. It came with 2 100 GB sata HDs. I am trying to install Windows XP Pro but it requires raid drivers before it can "see" the HDs. I have an external USB floppy drive so that's not an issue, but I have not been able to find drivers that work. Help?

A:Installing XP on an HP Pavillion dv9074cl

This doesn't sound right... All you should need is the Nvidia Chipset driver for the hard drive controller. You might need other XP drivers like video, modem, network and such...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-xp-on-an-hp-pavillion-dv9074cl.84224/
Relevancy 32.25%

I just recently purchased a samsung ltn154x1-l03 to replace it with my cracked phillips lg lp154w01 cause it says it was compitable. I put it in and i am not getting any response with my computer it doesn't light up or anything, yet when i put my cracked one in it works. PLEASE HELP i dunno what to do....

A:HP Pavillion Zv5000 LCD Screen

What "it" says it was compatible. How did you ascertain the new screen was isntalled directly? Did you also install inverter for new screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zv5000-lcd-screen.79746/
Relevancy 32.68%

has black screen cannot loadup
tried to reinstall windows asks if repair or new install try new install, message appears
Setup did not find and hard disk devices installed on your computer

its there but where
regards Motherearth

A:Hp Pavillion DV1000

I would boot into BIOS. See if the Hard Drive is recognized there.

I can walk you through the booting into BIOS procedure if you need me to.

Good Luck

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv1000.75883/
Relevancy 32.25%

Right my auntie has a HP PAVILLION 1450 and she has previosuly had teh ssue that the light on the back ( on the psu ) flashes, after opening the case and removing the cables and replacing them it has worked, shes had to do that twice now. But it was only happening when it had been without power ( unplugged) Today she came to use it, after it had not had the power turned off and it wont fire, have tried removing the cables ad its not having it, i think taht its complely knackered now. any ideas if it is, shoudl i just replace it?

Max

A:HP PAVILLION 1450 - Possible PSU problem

Just replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-1450-possible-psu-problem.72041/
Relevancy 27.95%

I am having problems with a recently perchased HP Notebook It is a HP Pavillion ZT Ghz Pentium M Mb ram I upped the ram a week ago Gb HD I have been using this note with out insident for a month now I shut it down on tuesday night and put it away On friday night I set it up but it won t complete the boot cycle It will kick on the 3000 boot zt Pavillion problem" "major HP fan and the screen will glow you now that look of being on with HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" a black screen there are no colors or icon at all The HD will spin up and chatter as normal for about - seconds but then the screen powers down the HD stops spinning The computer just sits there power light on fan buzzing but no HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" more noise no progress I tried re-seating my ram chips and my HD no change I am at a loss for what it could be I have had no problems to speak HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem" of since buying this unit What could it be More important what can I do to fix this Please help CM Lanman nbsp

A:HP Pavillion zt 3000 "major boot problem"

CM_Lanman,

Did you ever resolve the issue? My daughter recently received the same model from a relative, (HP Pavillion zt3000), and the same thing happened to her. It appears the battery is charged and the computer is operational, but the screen is dark. I can lighten or darken the screen, but that is it.

Thanks, Psychicbud

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-zt-3000-major-boot-problem.32559/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey everyone. I've had the t500.uk for awhile and i find that it's great but i was wondering does anyone know if it's possible to get another cpu onto it??

Thanks for your help

A:hp pavillion t550.uk Cpu

I believe your system has a pentium III chip. am i correct? if so, look for the top of the line pentiium III chip online, and this should be fine for your system. also, please check whether your system takes the chip or the slot-type cpu. this is very imprtant to make sure it will fit and work. please respons if u need more help. thanks and welcome to techspot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-t550-uk-cpu.65303/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok before you all laugh at my PC I have a small problem I have tried to upgrade the RAM on this PC but Im having little luck the story so far gt gt gt gt gt I have a older but still going strong HP Pavilion that I accuired for free and Ive resurrected it and to be honest its a little darling Problem Pavillion HP 7950 of a HP Pavillion 7950 Problem PC but only had mb of RAM so I ordered some more another mb from Crucial and I came up against a bit of an odd problem If I put the and into the slots I only have I get on stop errors and also beeps to say somethings awry Anyway I have tried every single way of trying the RAM different sized RAM in different slots and all sorts now a friend said it maybe down to the fact that the RAM needs to be two sizes of the same stuff ie only and not and I have heard this before but how true is this with a HP Pavilion HP Pavillion 7950 Problem as crucial didnt say that may be the problem they have never heard of this before Just wandered if anyone wants to take a stap at this I will have another turn up on Mon or Tues so I will know for certain then Today I inserted the RAM and and guess what the PC boots to first screen where it shows installed and thats it I mean it woont go any further it justs stays there and thats it I take out and alls fine again HP and crucial reckon is fine to run on this PC any ideas as my hair is getting thinner Thanks People nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 7950 Problem

Hello there. Have you read this?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic47210.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-7950-problem.54430/
Relevancy 31.82%

Device manager sees the pcmcia port and says its ok. when i slide a wireless card in, (or any card) it doesnt see the card, yet it says the port is ok?

any ideas?

A:Pavillion ze4125 pcmcia problem

Try uninstalling the port in device manager then reinstall it. If that doesn't work then the pcmcia contriller could be bad, I had one go on my old dell Latitide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pavillion-ze4125-pcmcia-problem.52741/
Relevancy 31.82%

So I've been having this problem with this laptop for about a day now. I bought it from a sale and it had no HD. So i Ordered the Hd, caddy, and hard drive connector bar. I connected it all up and I was getting a PX-E61 error saying that my hd wasn't connected (nor showing up in bios). So i tried pulling the whle thing apart and reconnecting and came to found that the laptop went to reboot and no all the lights come on and stay on and it shuts down after a few secs w/ no pic on the screen at all. I've tried pulling everything off, but it still won't boot. Is my mobo fried ??? Please help.

Matthew

[email protected]

A:Hp Pavillion ZE4400 Laptop won't POST

Try reseting the BIOS, you can do that removing the battery for 5 minutes and try to install the HDD again. I had to do that when I installed a new hard drive.

Good luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze4400-laptop-wont-post.51491/
Relevancy 32.25%

I looking to upgrade my Laptop ,, I would like to put a athlon 2200xp in place of the athlon 1400xp that came with the unit.... can someone tell me if this upgrade is possible and then give me the steps to do so.. thankyou

A:Upgrading HP Pavillion ZE 1210

Welcome to Techspot!
You should really look at the upgrade path available at the Manufacturer's web for your model.Laptops do not easily take to hardware changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-hp-pavillion-ze-1210.50656/
Relevancy 31.82%

PC Specs:
Intel Celeron 330 2.66 GHz, 533 MHz Front side bus, Socket mPGA478
Chipset 845GV
MSI MS-6577 V.4
512 MB PC2700 184 pin, DDR SDRAM

Have been running this Pavilion just fine until last week when I hooked up a projector to the on board vga. It worked fine the first few times, but then once, when I unplugged the projector cable, suddenly the PC froze. And now when I try to boot, the system powers on (meaning the LEDs are lit, the optical drives & the fans are working too) but, there's no display in the monitor.. no beeps. So basically the system isn't booting..

I tried adding a new vga card, a new power supply and even RAM but none of them seem to be the problem.. so what do u think might be wrong? is it possible the motherboard is fried? or could it be the processor?

Thank you in advance for any helpful responses..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-a708n-no-screen-on-startup.46728/
Relevancy 31.39%

After following the OEM instructions by the book I still get a blinking cursor after POST.

- The Seagate copy util worked without any error dialogs.
- The bios sees the drive, POST has a line correctly indicating the drive.
- Jumpers are installed per the manual, the jumper loc is the far left position (Master ) for the 120GB and it is plugged in using the 'master' plug.
- I have used the Seagate util to reset the MBR.
- Tried the size-limit jumper located in the far right jumper location-
Response: cursor reacted the same way just blinked. System would not proceed and boot up.

Win XP, current on patches.

-Bios PhoenixBios 4.0 at 6.0.K
-Drive: Seagate ST3120026A Ultra ATA
-Previous drive: ST360020A Ultra ATA
Double boot using GRUB and SUSE 8.0
-CMOS set to AUTO.

Previous drive Seagate 60 GB worked fine, just got full.

Any ideas?!?

George

A:Install problem Seagate 120GB into HP Pavillion XT938

With the Seagate utilities did you just copy all the files from the 60 or did you "clone" it ? ? ?
If not you can re-do the entire operation by returning the 60 to it's master position with the new one as slave...

Another thing to consider when working with cloned drives and i have learned the hard way in the past.
After a clone operation it is a good idea to install the newest cloned drive as master with no other HDD's connected and make sure it boots a few times successfully without any other HDD's in the system.
At that point it's usually safe to re-introduce the other HDD as a slave...

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-problem-seagate-120gb-into-hp-pavillion-xt938.38822/
Relevancy 31.82%

Reformat hard drive. No sound. No longer have my system cd. I followed the other thread in here (howard_hopkinso) for the download on the intel page. This didn't fix my problem. Yellow icon next to Sigma-Tel C audio. I assume the download is not for my computer. Control panel > sound and audio devices. The contents of the volume and audio tab are grayed out. All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume properties returns an error message. "There are no active mixer devices available. Click add hardware to install one". Called HP, they charge $67 for replacement CD. Anybody got a clue as to what is going on or how to install a mixer device?. 542x Pavillion, XP.

A:542x Pavillion sound problem

You're going to need to obtain the appropriate driver for your audio card. You can try Windows Update(microsoft.com), but if it's not there then it looks like you'll have to buy that HP CD or see if a friend has it. I couldn't find it on a quick google search.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/542x-pavillion-sound-problem.30141/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently bought a HP Pavillion ze5700 w/ a DVD+R burner. The drive seems in working order, and plays DVDs fine, also recognizes CDRs fine, but does not recognize the DVD+RW discs as writable media, any tips?

Details:
HP Pavillion ze5700 Laptop,

unsure of the model on the DVD burner (not labeled outside and I haven't opened it up to take a look - driver automatically DLs as a Toshiba ODD-DVD SD-R6252, but toshiba drive in an HP comp seems unlikely, tried updating driver/reinstalling from base to no avail)

DVD discs being used (if that matters) are Samsung Pleomax DVD+R 8x

Any tips would be great! thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvdrw-drive-on-hp-pavillion-ze5700-not-recognizing-dvd-r-discs.25642/
Relevancy 31.82%

I ordered and received recovery disks for my HP Pavillion a6200n PC. I got 2 System Recovery disks and 1 Supplemental Recovery Disk. The 2 System Recovery disks worked great. What is the Supplemental Recovery Disk for?

A:HP Pavillion supplemental recovery disk

The Supplemental Disk is for certain models which have more software, or a more complext setup.
If your system didn't ask for the disk, or ask for more software, then you likely do not need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-supplemental-recovery-disk.151683/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok I have read the prior postings regarding thise Windows err that didn't start successfully. and it continues to loop. I can't get out. I found my OS disk and App and Driver disc. I put in CD I can here is spinning but no go She is an 2005 HP Pavillion, but I need to recover some files that were updated before this happened. Any suggestions or am I SOL!???

thanks for any help you can offer

A:Windows XP error on HP Pavillion

Can you perform an XP repair like this:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-error-on-hp-pavillion.177795/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a HP Pavillion ze2000. I was on my computer earlier today with no problems and I shut it down. Now when I try to start it up I get
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer"
It also says
"Technical Information
***STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x82F7E9F8, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
I don't know what to do and I attend college online and it starts in the morning.
Please Help

A:HP Pavillion ze2000 won't start

Remove the battery and see if the laptop starts on the AC adapter only

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-ze2000-wont-start.175521/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys
I've been suffering a lot of BSoDs on my PC recently (as stated above, it's a HP Pavillion p6565uk) and I can't for the life of me work out why. I've opened it up and cleaned up the dust, I've not installed any new hardware or software so I'm assuming it's a hardware error but I don't know how (or if) I can work out what is broken. I've attached the last 4 minidump files, if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd seriously appreciate it.

Cheers
John

A:HP Pavillion p6565uk (no mods) - frequent BSODs

What version of Windows is this running? What are you doing when the BSOD's are most likely to happen? The minidumps may be pointing to memory issues. Test the memory with Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-p6565uk-no-mods-frequent-bsods.185362/
Relevancy 31.82%

when i use my recovery disks for hp pavillion it freezes up it gets to the part where it says preparing comp for use then my monitor shuts off he is windows 7

A:Recovery disks won't work on HP Pavillion

How old is this system and is it still under warrenty?

What has been happening that prompted the use of the recovery disk in the first place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovery-disks-wont-work-on-hp-pavillion.157772/
Relevancy 31.82%

I bought a refurb HP from Best Buy and after about a month I started having all kinds of lock up problems. When you turn it on, the blue screen comes on that shows the F10, F11, etc options. The Numbers Lock illuminates and stays lit. The screen usually is stuck at this point and no keys work. I turn the tower off, unplug, hold the power button until the light goes out, open the side panel, take out the button battery, and reset the three circuit cards. I then insert the button battery, plug it in and start tapping the F10 button and then turn the tower on. The blue screen comes on and then allows me to start up. This happens at least twice daily. Does this sound like a Windows 7 problem, hardware, .........?????? I would love to chuck this thing out the window but financially I need to be frugal. Any hep would be great. Dave

A:HP Pavillion with dual core and Windows 7 trouble

If you are able to...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-with-dual-core-and-windows-7-trouble.156374/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi

I did a clean install of Win 7 on my dv9830. Everything works apart from the built in microphone which seems to have disappeared. Not even in the Device Manager list, or in the Sound section - says it's not plugged in!

I don't even know if it's Realtek or Connexant hardware! (I have tried both Vista drivers though).

So, how can I get my microphone found, and what driver should I use?

Thanks in advance

Ken

A:Pavillion DV9830ea Windows 7 - lost microphone

Sorted

Bit of fiddling about - unistalled it and re-detected it. Picked up the right driver!

Ken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pavillion-dv9830ea-windows-7-lost-microphone.156313/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find Windows XP drivers for the HP Pavillion dv6205? I need the SM bus controller driver, Video Controller, and the Ethernet Controller. Any guidance would be greatly appretiated....

Thanks

Justin

A:Windows XP drivers for HP Pavillion dv6205us

could you install the following program and pass the motherboard/chipset details...

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-drivers-for-hp-pavillion-dv6205us.75342/
Relevancy 31.82%

I was brought the above mentioned pc to see if I could fix it It is running W well when I started it it swent thru the POST and started booting but stopped during the boot I then popped in the Win cd turned it off restarted and booted from the cd All was going good until it STOPPED Monitor went blank and the cd wasn t being read anymore I went on and did a few other things around the office while waiting to see if it would finish but nothing happened So after about minutes I shut it down and resigned myself to having to install a new hd re-install Win and copy the files from the old drive to the new one Well I try to do just that when I get it home but now the computer won t do ANYTHING It will power on but won t load the BIOS nor run the POST All I get 8550C Won't HP Starts Pavillion but Boot is short beeps The screen just stays blank I even tried reinstalling HP Pavillion 8550C Starts but Won't Boot the old hd but the result is the HP Pavillion 8550C Starts but Won't Boot same That s where I stand now at the end of my rope Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Let me know if any more info is needed nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 8550C Starts but Won't Boot

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The beep codes can have different meanings, depending on what bios it is.

Take a look at this beep code list HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-8550c-starts-but-wont-boot.40954/
Relevancy 31.39%

Whilst trying to install broadband from supplyers disc, the PC 'froze' and displayed 'Unmountable_Boot_volum'..Now cannot reboot the PC, nor can I get it into 'safe mode'... Can anyone suggest how I can get the PC to boot please?

A:HP Pavillion PC, Froze solid whilst trying to Install Broadband

If u run the install cd, choose recovery console then type "fix mbr" that may fix the problem, if not, u may have to reinstall from scratch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-froze-solid-whilst-trying-to-install-broadband.37938/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all,
New poster here, my laptop is becoming painfully slow over time and I am wondering if it is time to wipe the hard drive and start from scratch. I have done all the performance tests, virus scans etc to no avail. I have recovery disk available. Good idea?
Cheers all.

A:HP Pavillion dv7 very slow to do anything

Hello and welcome bluegirl now have you had a go at clearing the clutter if not try this https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download now when you have Analysed > go to Options > Cookies > save the ones you need for pass worded sites see pic/s

You can also clear the drive of rubbish too - Disk Cleanup - Open and Use

Then try using some of this stuff only you might lose some of the "bling" like transparency - can always get it back but it will make the machine run better
Optimize Windows 7 < just take your time to do this one and if not sure then post back in that thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/378637-hp-pavillion-dv7-very-slow-do-anything.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have just performed a refresh on my laptop, after installing 113 updates and then rebooting it is stalling at 12%. I had this problem when I first got the laptop but I forget how it was resolved. Thanks in advance.

A:hp pavillion updates stalling at 13%

If it is truly stuck, you'd have no other choice but to hard kill it and hope the heck that you can boot back up and if so, try doing Windows Updates in smaller batches, let's say 25 at a time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548634/hp-pavillion-updates-stalling-at-13/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello Everyone,

I have an Hp s5213w slimline desktop computer it originally came with windows 7 but I recently had put Windows 8.1 on it.It was running fine but then I shut it down one night,Then the next day I went to power it up to boot as usual.When I turned it on it would get to Windows 8.1 boot then shut down.After this I checked the power plug to make sure the power cord was not loose it was fine.I have been trying to keep turning it on but no luck sometimes it will get to the hp boot screen sometimes not so lucky,After attempting that it wouldn't even show the hp bootscreen anyone have a suggestion why this does this ? I hate to throw money into a computer for parts that I do not need I was told maybe it was the power supply or the hard drive.Can Anyone help ?

A:s5213 Hp Slimline Pavillion Start's Up Then Shuts Off In Seconds

Since you recently installed Windows 8.1 I'm guessing that you have the installation disc?

If you do, see if you can boot from the disc.

Another way to accomplish the same thing would be to boot into the BIOS.

If you can do either of these without the computer shutting down this could be a software problem.  If it still shuts down it's time to start looking at hardware.

The PSU would be one of the possibilities.  There is a way to test this, but it would mean having to open the case so that you can access the 24 pin PSU connector on the motherboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536709/s5213-hp-slimline-pavillion-starts-up-then-shuts-off-in-seconds/
Relevancy 30.96%

When I restart my laptop I get an unhandled exception error I have attached the details of the error below I found a post in this forum that was for a bit and ran autoruns to resolve as recommended but I did not find Pavillion unhandled exception Vista running error 64bit HP the line that the other person was able to remove to solve the problem Any help would be appreciated See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box Exception Text System ArgumentException Illegal characters in path HP Pavillion running Vista 64bit unhandled exception error at System IO Path CheckInvalidPathChars String path at System IO Path NormalizePathFast String path Boolean fullCheck at System IO Path NormalizePath String path Boolean fullCheck at System IO Path GetFullPathInternal String path at System IO Directory CreateDirectory String path DirectorySecurity directorySecurity at Swapdrive Shared Config get UserFolderPath at Swapdrive Shared Rules ctor at Swapdrive Client Screens Summary Summary Load Object sender EventArgs e at System Windows Forms UserControl OnLoad EventArgs e at System Windows Forms UserControl OnCreateControl at System Windows Forms Control CreateControl Boolean fIgnoreVisible at System Windows Forms Control CreateControl Boolean fIgnoreVisible at System Windows Forms Control CreateControl Boolean fIgnoreVisible at System Windows Forms Control CreateControl at System Windows Forms Control WmShowWindow Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms ScrollableControl WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms ContainerControl WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Form WmShowWindow Message amp m at System Windows Forms Form WndProc Message amp m at Swapdrive Client Screens FormMain WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow OnMessage Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version VistaSP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- QwestPersonalDigitalVault Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Program Files x Qwest Personal Digital Vault QwestPersonalDigitalVault exe ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version VistaSP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- SdbShared Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Program Files x Qwest Personal Digital Vault SdbShared DLL ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version VistaSP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version VistaSP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Configuration Assembly Version Win Version VistaSP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Configuration b f f f d a a System Configuration dll ---------------------------------------- System Xml Assembly Version Win Version VistaSP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Xml b a c e System Xml dll ---------------------------------------- System Management Assembly Version Win Version NetFxQFE - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Management b f f f d a a System Management dll ---------------------------------------- JIT Debugging To enable just-in-time JIT debugging the config file for this application or computer machine config must have the jitDebugging value set in the system windows forms section The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled For example lt configurat... Read more

A:HP Pavillion running Vista 64bit unhandled exception error

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537126/hp-pavillion-running-vista-64bit-unhandled-exception-error/
Relevancy 31.82%

hello everyone if this dosnt comply with the guidelines please remove i have a hp pavillion laptop dv ax i brought it in and its been ok till i kinda smashed the screen and after i did that pavillion not hp vista will running dv5 start 1108ax i had to use another monitor it works great besides the fact that it over heats never mind that ok about a week ago my partner had been using it and he tried to move the mouse and nothing happened hp pavillion dv5 1108ax running vista will not start he tried unpluging it and putting it back in and still nothing i have then taken over and tried all i can but it still wont work what is happening when i turn it on it dosnt sound like it wants to start the fan dosnt even go properly i have disconected it from the internet and pulled everything out but the basics mouse and keyboard when it dose finaly start up you have up to mins before it flashes a black or funny looking screen then you cant do anything but either turn it off or wait for it to turn itself off the numb lock and caps lock key lights do flash while starting up whast dose that mean would it be anything worth fixing and on top of it all i have removed the harddrive and put it in a sata hdd hardrive dock and i can access most files but i want my movie downloads in my bitlord download file but they are not there when i wouold use my laptop when it was working lol i would have to click on program files gt bitlord gt downloads gt then up the top below the address bar i would click on a button that said show comatibility files and it would show me everyhting i had downloaded but if i failed to click that button it was like they never exsisted any help with that as well

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501146/hp-pavillion-dv5-1108ax-running-vista-will-not-start/
Relevancy 31.39%

OK this is my sister's computer I am miles away and trying to help guide her via phone to resolve issue She is using not HP functioning on Pavillion Boot Screen\ F-keys Stuck an HP Pavillion a p Desktop can't tell you whether it is a or bit OS Vista Home Edition After two days of online research I have found many users of HP running into the same issue The problem computer here though has another weird keyboard issue First let me say that we've tried HP Pavillion Stuck on Boot Screen\ F-keys not functioning a power drain and I've had her change from wireless keyboard mouse to standards but still same issue She isn't able to reboot and get any function keys to work nor can she access the commands from the Boot screen Now this afternoon with the new keyboard in after her th time or HP Pavillion Stuck on Boot Screen\ F-keys not functioning so rebooting every single key on the keyboard will open up the BIOS startup text white letters on black screen That isn't even a command function what is the deal with that Oh and BTW HP Pavillion Stuck on Boot Screen\ F-keys not functioning there is absolutely no pause between hitting the power button and the HP Logo screen Boot screen so can't even get to the Advanced Boot Options or any other command This is the info from the BIOS text screen that was relayed over the phone American Megatrends Incorporated BIOS revision or version -BIOS Date - - CPU Type Intel reg Pentium reg Dual CPU E GHZ CPU Speed GHZ-FSB speed MHZ Cache Ram L kb Installed Memory MB pc - Dual Channel Memory Bank MB DDR SDRAM Memory Bank same Memory Bank same Memory Bank same Initializing USB Controllers - Is it normal to say intializing USB Controllers Thanks for any help

A:HP Pavillion Stuck on Boot Screen\ F-keys not functioning

Hi elkcity69

Try resetting the BIOS to default settings and check any other external devices that are connected that might interfere with the computer during hardware discovery. If nothing helps, remove the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes and see if it will correct the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495138/hp-pavillion-stuck-on-boot-screen-f-keys-not-functioning/
Relevancy 31.82%

I can get in no problem with safe mode, i even removed all in msconfig and still samething
it looks like it is going into normal mode, but no sign on there are 2 users available but none are showing, gets to welcome and no further.
thanks
perry

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418946/hp-pavillion-dv6500-no-sign-on-normal-windows/
Relevancy 31.82%

I Have hp pavilion Laptop had windows xp pro and i bought it it had wiN 7 and IT NOW  runs lke crap i want windows 7 can i get it free if i have my old keycode AND SOUND DRIVERS DONT WORK

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ecbbeb5-7834-406e-bd83-1812a8bbd099/i-have-a-hp-pavillion-dv8000-laptop-ad-win-xp-pro-now-person-put-7?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 32.25%

Dunno if y'all can help I've black HP screen Pavillion posted in the HP support forums too My laptop was working fine last night I was in a hurry to go to sleep so I turned it off via the power button to avoid the quot shut down updates quot It sat there with a cd and external keyboard plugged in as well as ac I know I'm aweful Today I try turning it on and it boots light in power button leds around the ac adaptor but no lights on keyboard but the screen is black Not back lit or anything I've tried a hard reset I've unplugged the keyboard and took the cd out Hubby was cleaning today and I'm seriously conserned he broke my screen Is this fixable Oh as a side note and to make me feel better HP Pavillion black screen about the possibility of it not being broken when it boots with the HP Pavillion black screen keyboard plugged in there are no lights on the keyboard to show its even plugged it usually has numlock's light on And I have a fingerprint reader that doesn't flash either like it does on my login screen when the reader is on

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389627-hp-pavillion-black-screen.html
Relevancy 32.68%

This morning I opened my laptop and it was nearly nonresponsive. I held the power button for a few seconds to shut it down. Then, when I tried to start it back up, it stayed on the hp loading screen for a bit, went to prepairing automatic repair, and soon afte black screened. does the ame thing ove and over. already tried hard reset. Am currently running the longer diagnostic thing. not sure how im going to post it. guess ill have to sit here and type it out. If you have any idea of whats going on, please let me know. Thank you very much.

A:Hp Pavillion G6-2211nr

Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-g6-2211nr.1166904/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi Team, I've HP Pavillion p252tx whenever I start my notebook it is not showing splash screen/logo of HP during startup, there is a black screen for few seconds afterwards it directly take me to the Windows logo n windows starts normally. My only concern is why it is not showing HP logo on the startup.  

A:HP Logo Missing on boot - HP Pavillion p252tx

Hi @Saeed8,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have a question about the start up screen. I will be glad to help you. It is not a major issue.  The windows icon file may have been move , delete or renamed. As long as the computer completes the boot.  if you wish to try to fix try Microsoft Fix It. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Logo-Missing-on-boot-HP-Pavillion-p252tx/td-p/5596070
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi please help, I am locked out of my laptop it fails to recognise my password, have used the same password since I got it about a year now so there's no way I forgot it since I use it daily.The problem started after I experienced a shut down issue, the laptop dint respond to shut down or restart but only sleep. I tried command prompt shutdown and got the message "your system shut down is in progress"I help the power off button and did a hard shutdown.So now I am faced with this issue.I have tried to enter password via the easy access virtual keyboard with no luck.The laptop doesn't have f keys and now I have no idea how to even get in through safemode or if its even a possibility.Any help will be much appreciated and I really can't afford to lose all my data and files

A:password not recognised pavillion 360

Hi there @ashly01,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you forgot the password to log into your HP Pavilion x360 Notebook PC.  I went to the Microsoft website and found these solutions below for you. If any of the solution's provided below resolve the issue, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution" so that other's who have the same issue can find the step's easily.  For Windows 10:  If you are using a Microsoft Account: To reset your password:Click this link: Reset your password.Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.Enter the characters you see on the screenClick Next.If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password. Source: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account. When you get back into your Notebook, please follow these steps to set up your pin again: In Windows, search for and open Settings.Click Accounts.Click Sign-in options.Under PIN on the Requires sign-in page, click Add.Type your local account password and click OK.Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a PIN, and then click OK.Use your new PIN to log in to your device.If you ever forget your PIN, click I forgot my PIN and type in your password to repeat these steps. Source: Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10) If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to re-post with your Notebook Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?). Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/password-not-recognised-pavillion-360/td-p/5595503
Relevancy 33.11%

my computer as a Black screen and saysBoot Device not foundplease install an Operating system on your hard diskHard disk (3FO) Can anyone help me

A:HP Pavillion

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the version of the operating system currently installed on the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5596611
Relevancy 32.68%

My laptop won't turn on and when plugged in the charging light isn't showing up. I've tried a hard reset and nothing is working. I took off the keyboard and nothing is wrong on the motherboard, and the same with the back panel. Please help, I really need to study. 

A:HP Pavillion not turning on

Hello @Rayna19, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the notebook not starting, and wanted to help! First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion-not-turning-on/td-p/5592874
Relevancy 31.39%

So, my laptop's sound just randomly stops at points. Restarting my computer fixes the issue, but it happens again after some time. Also, whenever this happens, any video I'm watching, specifically on Youtube, seems to go into this permanent buffering mode. Is there anyway to fix this?  I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15.

A:HP Pavillion Sleekbook Sound Shuts Off, requires restart eac...

Hi @LegendSoma, Welcome to the HP Forums! You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!  I have read that your HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook is having issues with the Sound. I have checked and it seems that it could be a Flash Player issue. Here is something that might help. Here is a link to help resolve the speakers and sound not working correctly. The link to using the Windows troubleshooting tool is the best for this situation. If this does not help I would uninstall the Realtek HD Audio and any other that are listed in the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Sound video and games controller to expand that category.Right-click on he IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio and select Update Driver Software.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver.After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!    Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavillion-Sleekbook-Sound-Shuts-Off-requires-restart-each/td-p/5588014
Relevancy 31.82%

Can someone please tell me where I can find the full user manual online? I just got this laptop and Windows 10 is pretty confusing to me, so I haven't been able to fully set up my laptop, which is causing some issues. I'm not able to download an antivirus or save pictures from online and I think it may be because there are important parts I haven't set up. All I've been able to find so far is this page http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04789175.pdf  but it doesnt have all the info I need. Any help would be appreciated!!

A:HP Pavillion 17-g126ds Laptop M1Y46UA#ABA

Aubergine07 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wanting more information about your laptop and wanted to help.Here's a link to the User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04838893Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavillion-17-g126ds-Laptop-M1Y46UA-ABA/td-p/5593480
Relevancy 31.82%

after update to windows8.1 my laptop is not connecting to wireless connection, everytime i have to reset my router and it get connected, next time again it show no wireless network,please help.thnks

A:my hp pavillion laptop is updated to 8.1 windows and is not ...

Hi @mukesh_jain, Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. With the Wireless turning off and on. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection, if you need it. This has helped others as well, go into your power options.Select Balanced and click Change plan settings.Click Change advanced power settings.Look for Wireless adapter, click it. Change the setting to never go to sleep. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as Accept as Solution to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-hp-pavillion-laptop-is-updated-to-8-1-windows-and-is-not/td-p/5540585
Relevancy 31.82%

I have been using my new 15z for about 3 weeks. Recently I purchased a Targus Docking station so I could duplicate my laptop screen on a larger monitor. All works well until I close the lid on my laptop, and immediately I lose my Internet concection. When I reopen the lip, walla, the Internet conncection works again. I reviewed my problem with Targus service, reinstalled as directed and the problem is still there. Appartently it is an issue with my laptop. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

A:closing the lid on Pavillion 15z breaks Internet connection

Hi @rgrthumb, Welcome to the HP Forums! read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Pavilion 15z-p000 Notebook does not keep the WiFi connection while the lid is closed. Here is a link that shows you how to enable away mode. It enables your computer to continue performing tasks, such as recording television programs or sharing video and music, even if you walk away from the computer. Specifically, when the computer is in Away mode. Please let me know how this goes. To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click Accept as Solution to help others find what worked for you! Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/closing-the-lid-on-Pavillion-15z-breaks-Internet-connection/td-p/5595103
Relevancy 32.68%

Good afternoon: I have recently reloaded a my HP Pavillion dv7-6c64nr laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit loaded.  Where are the correct drivers located for it and is there a certain order I should load them? Or should I reload with a 32-bit version? Product # A6X13UA#ABA

A:pavillion dv7-6c64nr

Hi: Below is the link to the W7 support page for your PC. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv7-6c00-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie... There are some drivers you should install in a certain order. 1. The intel chipset installation utility.  Install and restart the PC. This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager. File name: sp55095.exe 2. The Intel graphics driver.  Install and restart the PC.  This package provides the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp55098.exe 3. Audio driver.  Install and restart the PC. This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp59542.exe 4. Ethernet driver. This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp55105.exe 5. Wireless driver. This package contains the Intel Wireless Drivers and Intel PROSet for the Intel Wireless LAN Adapters (see Devices Supported) in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. Intel PROSet includes Intel "My WiFi" functionality. File name: sp57090.exe Then you can install the rest of the drivers in any order you want.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/pavillion-dv7-6c64nr/td-p/5596392
Relevancy 31.82%

I would like to know in detail about the Pavillion 15-ac041ne laptop.. Wher it is made ..? Where assembeled ..? And its availabilty for Asia region particulary for Pakistan. What are the intermediate nodes through which they reach to pakistan. Is there any possibility/chance of refurbished products that might be sent to Pakistan..

A:Detailed information regarding Pavillion 15-ac041ne laptop

Hi, 1. Most likely in China, you can check its label,2. ditto3. I can see it is wold in Egypt, Iran, ... The following link may give you some hints but not full        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Pavilion_%28computer%29 4. Are you talking about ships or trains ?5. This question is for HP Office in your countery, Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Detailed-information-regarding-Pavillion-15-ac041ne-laptop/td-p/5590716
Relevancy 31.82%

I just bought a new Pavillion laptop from Costco and it runs incredibly slow.  Bootup takes about 10 minutes.  Restarting sometimes doesn't happen at all -- it just stays in the restart loop or can take 15 minutes.  Paid a lot of money for this computer, and am disappointed it is not working.  Will try to exchange it for another brand unless there is a way that I can fix this.  It seems to be defective. Anyone else have these problems?  It has a lot of new hardware so I cannot imagine there should be anything wreong with it unless defecive.

A:Brand new Pavillion runs extremely slow

pjw80 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your new Pavilion laptop running very slowly and wanted to help.Since this is a relatively new machine, instead of struggling for hours to fix it yourself, why not just let HP fix it -- for free!!  You should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Brand-new-Pavillion-runs-extremely-slow/td-p/5593227
Relevancy 31.82%

Last night I took my brand new HP Pavillion 17t Touch Laptop out of the box and it is sooo slow.  Boot up is slow.  Running any operations is slow.  Using the internet is slow.  I tried transferring files from Carbonite to this new computer and just the process of accomplishing that setup took me half an hour.  This morning I had to reboot and it took 5 minutes.  I only know enough about computers to be dangerous so I don't mess with to many settings myself.  This unacceptible performance out of a new computer.  It is definately the slowest computer that I have ever owned.  Any solutions  that anyone can offer (reminder, I need step by step instructions)

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Brand new out of the box HP pavillion 17t Touch Laptop M7H91...

MLubb Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about serious problems with your brand new HP PC and wanted to help.Since this is a relatively new machine, instead of struggling for hours to fix it yourself, why not just let HP fix it -- for free!!  You should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Brand-new-out-of-the-box-HP-pavillion-17t-Touch-Laptop/td-p/5591042
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I am using my HP pav laptop for more than 3 years. I do not have the exact model number in my mind. I will post it after wards. The problem is my laptop was overheating then suddenly it switched off. I closed my laptop and waited for it to cool down.After 3-4 hours I tried to start the laptop again, it switched on and then it went blank. Since, then it did not switch on.Below given is the total info: - 1. The red blinking light on the keyboard works blinks once when I press the power button.2. The LED light beside the charger is working fine.3. I tried doing a hard reset but it did not work. Can you please help me as to what should be done now?

A:HP Pavillion G6 won't start.

[email protected]_val, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g6 Notebook and overheating and shutting down. Here is a link to overheating, as this might be the cause of the shutting down. If the Notebook has dust on the fans it could be overheating.  If that does not help at the end of this document it shows you to do a Hardware Test.  The final thing you should try is to restore the BIOS to factory defaults. F10 at the starting of the Notebook. Hope this helps. Please get back to me how this goes. If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos.  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavillion-G6-won-t-start/td-p/5589524
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,Today I turned on my computer and it is asking me to enter a password to enter the bios.I saw you were able to help me if I gave you a code.My code is :59050448.Thanks in advance!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavillion DV7 Bios paswword lost

Hi @Oxmose?,                    Use the below code to reset 46938488

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavillion-DV7-Bios-paswword-lost/td-p/5590821
Relevancy 32.68%

Charging HP Pavillion x2 will not power on. Have charged for 3 hours and pressing the power button...nothing.

A:Hp Pavillion x2 will not turn on!

Hello @Tffnys, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having an issue with the notebook starting, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook? Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavillion-x2-will-not-turn-on/td-p/5586979
Relevancy 32.25%

Can I use a Micro SDXC card with my Pavillion X2.....................answers would be appreciated

A:Pavillion X2 Detachable SD Cards

Hi @MairiT,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have question about sd cards. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Please get back to me, so I can help you. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-X2-Detachable-SD-Cards/td-p/5595782
Relevancy 31.82%

I been trying for days to play farmville 2 and cannot. Is it my computer or is there someway to fix this issue

A:I have a hp pavillion dv 6000 and cant play farmville 2

Hello @Ttruell?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. To start, can you provide me with the Product Number and Operating System of the notebook?  You can use the links below to help you with that information:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Which Windows operating system am I running? In the meantime, are you having any other issues with the notebook?  Do you only have an issue with trying to run that program?  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program?  You may also consider contacting Zynga Player Support. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Gaming/I-have-a-hp-pavillion-dv-6000-and-cant-play-farmville-2/td-p/5414298
Relevancy 31.82%

I am looking for a 4k-capable graphics card for my hpe-150t.  I believe the original card is an HD4350. I am running Windows 10 64-bit.   Does anyone have recommendations?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/4k-graphics-card-for-Pavillion-hpe-150t/td-p/5592959