Windows Support Forum

Arabic translations on web searches

Q: Arabic translations on web searches

Hello, I have a bit of a strange problem with my HP Pavilion notebook which I find a little irritating, Instead of surfing using my Administrator account, for security reasons I created a standard user account for run of the mill tasks, which would be fine, apart from the fact that any google listing that appears on my screen comes along with what seems to be some kind of Arabic translation, and also the listings are indented from the right hand side instead of the left, this problem does not occur with my administrator account, also when I switch between my administrator and user accounts I have to disconnect the USB mouse and re-connect it before it will work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Arabic translations on web searches

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Arabic translations on web searches

OK, I've got an update on this problem: As far as the Arabic bit goes, it seems to be a Opera problem (does not occur using Firefox). As for the problem with the mouse locking up after changing users, I found a (Fix)!!! the fix goes: if it is an HP laptop/notebook this is caused by the hpqwmiex.exe service, if you disable the service from msconfig the problem disappears, this does not work, it is easier just to disconnect/reconnect the mouse when changing users, bye the way the track pad us unaffected by this problem!.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364453/arabic-translations-on-web-searches/
Relevancy 63.21%

Please I can,t read my email in Arabic , I have message im my email from 2004 in arabic and it,s shown to me as langue I don't understand ????? please help me ?

it show like this " انية "

A:I cannot read my mail in arabic although my PC support all arabic languages 2014

For starters, what operating system are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-read-my-mail-in-arabic-although-my-pc-support-all-arabic-languages-2014.200403/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm looking for a program that searches the contents of a given directory for files containing a certain phrase. In Windows Explorer I tried enabling this feature in the folder options but it didn't work.

A:Looking for program that searches contents of directory for file containing a phrase

The good old Search option does not work ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-program-that-searches-contents-of-directory-for-file-containing-a-phrase.181325/
Relevancy 28.81%

I don't know where all the space in my C: is going. Is there a program that searches for files of a large size or lists files according to their size?

A:Is there a program that searches a drive or given directory for large files?

The following is freeware and doesn't require installation. It will find the 100 largest files on your drive:

Largest Files Finder

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-program-that-searches-a-drive-or-given-directory-for-large-files.189315/
Relevancy 29.67%

In the past few months, whenever a search is done using any browser, clicking on the search results redirects me to another webpage. The computer is also shutting down on its own. I have followed the 5-step viruses/spyware/malware and the problem persists.

I have Avast version 7.0.1426
I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000

The Malwarebytes log, GMER log (no results), and DDS logs are attached.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ken

A:Searches redirected & system crashes

Welcome to TechSpot!

Although you found the preliminary virus and malware removal thread, it appears that you did not read the directions: Please revisit>

Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

These steps are NOT meant to be a ONE-STOP-FIX-ALL.
They only serve to help you produce some logs, so we can see if your system needs further attention and cleaning.
Please make sure you complete ALL the steps in this thread, in the order that they are listed BEFORE you post the requested log files.
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies. Attached logs won't be reviewed.
If you have any problems following any of the instructions, please ask for assistance.

You don't need to leave the 'protection log'. Paste Malwarebytes, 2 logs from DDS and the GMER log in your next reply.
=====================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
Observe these:
[o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
[o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
[o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
[o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/searches-redirected-system-crashes.178577/
Relevancy 30.1%

I didn't really know what to call this thread, sorry. Anyways, i've been noticing that certain words have been highlighted in green, and link to other pages when they shouldn't be. If i click on one, it's a begin2search link..I don't have the tool bar anymore, so could somebody help me please? Thanks.

A:Highlighted searches

Welcome to Techspot !
Look at a couple of the Threads concerning the Begin2Search in this Forum and how to get rid of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/highlighted-searches.17268/
Relevancy 29.24%

Either got from a subtitles website with green web of trust or I just accidentally clicked the wrong thing on some random cooking site I get bizarre fake websites fake etc Malware, for Google searches websites and install this and that on web pages ran malawarebytes it found then then plus in heuristics or so total quarantined all will provide that log also malawarebytes reads clear now and so does ms security Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Scan Date Scan Time PM Logfile Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User Gerald Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Malware, fake websites for Google searches etc Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Enabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes PUP Optional Malware, fake websites for Google searches etc MultiPlug A C ProgramData e cbb - d e-a -e - cbb d ee interstellar-eng- exe Delete-on-Reboot d c ed df d a fe a ed Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys PUP Optional Booster A HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION UNINSTALL DA E F- - C-BAA - BF AFA e dd Quarantined cf b da d b c da PUP Optional MultiPlug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION UNINSTALL D-AB D- D -C - A A E D Quarantined f ad d caab a d c fc PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES CLSID bad -e - a - d-def fe c Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION EXPLORER BROWSER HELPER OBJECTS BAD -E - A - D-DEF FE C Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION EXPLORER BROWSER HELPER OBJECTS BAD -E - A - D-DEF FE C Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES P bad e a d def fe c P bad e a d def fe c Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES P bad e a d def fe c P bad e a d def fe c Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES P bad e a d def fe c P bad e a d def fe c Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES P bad e a d def fe c P bad e a d def fe c Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID BAD -E - A - D-DEF FE C Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID BAD -E - A - D-DEF FE C INPROCSERVER Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION EXT PREAPPROVED BAD -E - A - D-DEF FE C Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION EXT PREAPPROVED BAD -E - A - D-DEF FE C Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES TYPELIB B DCF - B - - AA -E D E D Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES INTERFACE FF - A - F -BD F- AC F E Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES INTERFACE F E- B - E -AC -ACCAA F B Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE CLASSES INTERFACE B BBEAD- A - - EB -AC E EB F Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES INTERFACE FF - A - F -BD F- AC F E Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES INTERFACE F E- B - E -AC -ACCAA F B Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES INTERFACE B BBEAD- A - - EB -AC E EB F Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional Multiplug HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES TYPELIB B DCF - B - - AA -E D E D Quarantined e e bcf b be da ad a PUP Optional UniDeals A HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE CLASSES CLSID c f - d- - ad - a bd Quarant... Read more

A:Malware, fake websites for Google searches etc

Please, observe following rules:

Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
Never run more than one scan at a time.
Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

==============================

Download RogueKiller from one of the following links and save it to your Desktop:

Link 1
Link 2
Close all the running programs
Windows Vista/7/8 users: right click on RogueKiller.exe, click Run as Administrator
Otherwise just double-click on RogueKiller.exe
Pre-scan will start. Let it finish.
Click on SCAN button.
Wait until the Status box shows Scan Finished
Click on Delete.
Wait until the Status box shows Deleting Finished.
Click on Report and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.
RKreport.txt could also be found on your desktop.
If more than one log is produced post all logs.
If RogueKiller has been blocked, do not hesitate to try a few times more. If really won't run, rename it to winlogon.exe (or winlogon.com) and try again

Create new restore point before proceeding with the next step....
How to: http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/topic/63983-how-to-create-new-restore-point-all-windows/

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.

Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.
MBAR will start. Click "Next" to continue.
Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
Open the MBAR folder located on your Desktop and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
"mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
"system-log.txt"

NOTE. If you see This version requires you to completely exit the Anti Malware application message right click on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware icon in the system tray and click on Exit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/malware-fake-websites-for-google-searches-etc.208915/
Relevancy 24.51%

Not sure if this is a virus or not.  Also, i am not tech savy.  Everytime i go to any website or a google search, google chrome i get this.  trackid=sp-006?trackid
at the end of everything.  This is not normal.  I checked my search engine address which is correctly set and the firewall is medium high.  Just need information as to how do i get this off of my computer.  Thanks

A:How to get rid of trackid=sp-006?trackid off all google searches?

Per this, try clearing your Google sync settings (log out and in).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564420/how-to-get-rid-of-trackidsp-006trackid-off-all-google-searches/
Relevancy 28.81%

Mod Edit Moved to the Am I Infected forum from WIN boopme So recently everyone in my house started having this redirect virus Eventually a friend came over and his google searches redirected him to a malicious site pretending to be a Flash Player Update We didn't even exanged files Google some to malware Update" searches "Flash Player redirects through pen-drives he simply connected to my router and started getting redirected For some reason I put the router cable that was in the n entry in another entry n and it stopped happening Two days after it happened again and no matter what entry I put the cable IT DOESN'T work anymore I did a whole virus search with avira and found nothing that fixed the problem I did a search with adwcleaner and found a lot of stuff also nothing fixed the problem I reset the router multiple times and still we are faced with the same problem In my computer specifically i found some registry entries that mentioned doubleclick net s ytimg Google searches redirects to some "Flash Player Update" malware and some other adware crap I deleted them That did stop my BING researches from being faked but didn't stop the google and youtube redirection I'm having Now I don't know what to do anymore I don't have any clue Help anyone editing Apologies apparently I didn't post this at the right place in the forum Would someone put this in the right place please I can't delete this and my browsers are barely working so Google searches redirects to some "Flash Player Update" malware its hard for me to start another thread in the malware forum

A:Google searches redirects to some "Flash Player Update" malware

If you bypass the router, are you still being redirected?

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop and run it.
Select List content of Hosts only.
Click Go.
A Notepad window will be opened. Copy/paste the content into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565960/google-searches-redirects-to-some-flash-player-update-malware/
Relevancy 41.71%

I clicked something and was greeted by malware that created https popups in Explorer.  Below are the my attempts to correct.

1. Deleted the new programs from the change and remove programs. 
2. Ran Mcafee - nothing noted
3. continued to get popups
4. deleted directories with same name "tool bars and extensions"
5. continued to get popups
6. downloaded Malwarebytes and found several pups and quarantined  all.
7. rebooted. 
8. No longer can i log in, language seems to be Arabic.
9. I tried to refresh but would not work- it made me log in. this is where i noticed that the language was set to ARABIC 2. 

The computer boots fine, I cant read the language and my password does not work. 

Would a restore to a restore point reset the langauge? Is there any way to recover this PC?

The computer is a Lenovo laptop, running windows 8.1. 

Thanks

A:Win81 - Language Changed to Arabic, after Malware Attack.

What tool did you run prior to the change?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562311/win81-language-changed-to-arabic-after-malware-attack/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hope you guys are having a good day Having a few issues with my computer at the moment I previously had a different issue with Windows Update Error efe but 0x80070057 Update Windows forever, searches Error earlier today i managed to somehow fix it and was able to download Windows Update searches forever, Error 0x80070057 Service Pack which was what the error was on All other updates before it all installed successfully Unfortunately shortly after doing so and restarting Windows Update Windows Update searches forever, Error 0x80070057 now continues to search for a very long time it has been hours to no avail or progress whatsoever I have tried a SFC Scan which showed no issues System restoring to before the Service Pack update was normal but eventually i had to download it again and the issue persisted I have used the Windows Update Troubleshooter and it has detected error x along with Service Registration is missing or Corrupt Before the system restore it did not have the missing corrupted Service Registration I have scanned for rootkits there is none to be found Another note is that ive had this computer for a long time now although I have performed a low level format just yesterday so this computer isnt cluttered anymore Would a CBS log be handy at this point Thanks if you can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379862-windows-update-searches-forever-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I don't think I have a virus/malware, but would like to remove this unwanted "feature".

If I search in Chrome (google is default for omnibox), rather than a typical google search I'm seeing:

https://cse.google.ca/cse?cx=007613734349284520239:4nvt2vpmfuq&safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=tsla&oq=tsla&gs_l=hp.3..0l2j0i3j0l2j0i3l2j0l3.573.962.0.1041.5.5.0.0.0.0.186.348.0j2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..4.1.162.0.7jZbGXzhOA0#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=tsla&gsc.page=1

I have ran AVG + Malwarebytes scans with no results.  No ads, no slowness, no other symptoms at all.

I have 

-uninstalled chrome and reinstalled
-system restored to a date a few weeks back.
-searched the registry.

Any ideas or thoughts on how to get my google searches back to how they should be?  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588548/google-searches-redirecting-to-custom-searches/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,

For unknown reasons it is impossible to search for any item within my outlook.pst file of Outlook 2007. Earlier I used Outlook 2010 but I did not like that version at all.
I googled 25+ sites with advices on how to rebuild the search database, reinstall/repair Outlook 2007, scan.exe the .pst file etc. etc. I guess I made 10+ repair attemps. Result always the same: no items found.

What could be the cause and what solution is still left? - apart from re-installing Outlook 2010 again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381320-cannot-perform-searches-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,

For unknown reasons it is impossible to search for any item within my outlook.pst file of Outlook 2007. Earlier I used Outlook 2010 but I did not like that version at all.
I googled 25+ sites with advices on how to rebuild the search database, reinstall/repair Outlook 2007, scan.exe the .pst file etc. etc. I guess I made 10+ repair attemps. Result always the same: no items found.

What could be the cause and what solution is still left? - apart from re-installing Outlook 2010 again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/381320-cannot-perform-searches-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have been using Bing for my searches for some months now, and have been very happy with it. But just over the last few days it has had a curious problem when I begin to enter details of anything I want to search for, in the box provided. As soon as I begin to type, the background picture, which Bing provides each day, goes very dark. I am still able to search for items, but wondered why this darkening process has come about? It is more nuisance than big problem, but I just wanted to find out if anyone had an idea how to correct it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bing-searches-problem.1158497/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have win 7 and when I open main home page I use yahoo. If I click the search box it shows all the web pages I have went to How can I delete these so it shows nothing as to where I have been

A:List showing searches

Do you use Internet Explorer?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/124587-list-showing-searches.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi

In Windows 10 v1511, when I open a new blank tab in Microsoft Edge and I write on it any word and I press Enter, the browser tries to load the http://<searched_word> page rather than performing a search with the default search engine. Why?

Thanks

Bye

A:Problem with the searches on an blank tab of Microsoft Edge

Does this happen all the time or is it intermittent? Although I have experienced this before I can't reproduce it at the moment.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/32434-problem-searches-blank-tab-microsoft-edge.html
Relevancy 42.14%

when some one send me email in Arabic not all the text appears correctly especially in the title or in the attached file
it shows up as attached image " capture.png"
how can i solve it

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35280-my-browsers-windows-10-doesnt-recognize-arabic.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Team In recent months we have an issue at work where an update from MS has stopped my users adding to or changing a cant changed/modified Google IE11 submitted in searches be once google search subject once submitted using Internet Explorer I also have this issue at home on different machines with Google and IE Basically go to www google com au Search for going diving or any subject really it comes up with numerous finds as it should but if I try and change it to going scuba diving or change it to anything else it wont let me type in Google searches in IE11 cant be changed/modified once submitted the word Scuba or any words at the start middle end of the search bar Sometimes I see the cursor moving without typing letters other times it isn't moving at all I also make sure the search bar is 'in focus' so it should work Cleared cache by Internet options and manually I today changed a the HR Managers of all people IE from not automatically updating to 'automatically update IE ' and it has Google searches in IE11 cant be changed/modified once submitted now created this issue for her And she already has it in for me Anyone else found this - I've tried searching for it but cant see much apart from cant add google as default search engine I could go over and uninstall the recent Google searches in IE11 cant be changed/modified once submitted patches which I will for her but has anyone found a solution As this is affecting over machines at work and would suck to have to remove from all one by one lt yr old Dell Laptop Workstations Windows Pro Fully Patched IE Thanks Bird

A:Google searches in IE11 cant be changed/modified once submitted

Also you can't click on the search finds. Well none that aren't in the top few (when the results first come up)..

If I scroll down the search results, and try and click on one that isn't in the 'main view of the search results - without scrolling at all) of the page just jumps back to the top of the page... I cant even drag the mouse curser across anything that isn't in that first view.

Very strange..

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/388613-google-searches-ie11-cant-changed-modified-once-submitted.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Windows 7 forum,
Had a disk problem and had to reinstall windows 7 Home Premium.
Since my installation disk was damaged I used a downloaded iso file.
It installed correctly and I was able to activate it with a legal
product key.

I'm having a problem when I try to update windows or drivers.
Windows starts a searching that never ends. I have tried all the fixes
on the internet with no luck. I can access the internet and download
files.

Any suggestions?

Jerry D.

A:Update searches never end

You can wait 20+ hours and you should get a list of updates...
..or you can install the latest Windows Update Client and the list should come in quicker.

The KB linked to above replaces KB3102810 which claims to fix:

Quote:
Installing and searching for updates is slow and high CPU usage occurs in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

Any replacement for KB3102810 should also include the fixes in KB3102810.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389423-update-searches-never-end.html
Relevancy 42.57%

how to enable numeric number in Arabic in outlook 2010.But alphabet is possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389800-how-enable-numeric-number-arabic.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello there, Ive installed 'Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) on a notebook namely (Toshiba Satellite C50D-B-120 64 Bit) ... Installation went smooth, no errors...activation fine...yet I try to do Windows updates and nothing happens, it just searches endlessly....hope someone can shed some light on this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-searches-endlessly.1164926/
Relevancy 30.1%

I recently had a virus that wreaked havoc with my laptop I was putting searches of amounts Crazy everything back in order when I noticed how Crazy amounts of searches messed up File Explorer was It has the same folders under different headings The worse part is under Searches Everywhere amp Searches Indexed Please tell me there is a way to fix this I don't think I can safely delete a lot of these files Please see my screenshots Please note the immense number of files These are the specs of my laptop TOSHIBA LAPTOP SPECS SYSTEM MODEL Toshiba Satellite L D PSK OU-OOGOOP OPERATING SYSTEM Windows Home x Version Build IE Version CO Chrome Version m IE Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure Crazy amounts of searches boot not supported MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD Board Pegatron Corporation TKBSS Bus Clock MHz UEFI American Megatrends Inc PROCESSOR Gigahertz AMD A - OOM APU with Radeon HD graphics Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon TM HD G KB primary memory cache secondary memory cache bit ready BIOS Version BIOS Part Number BR bin BIOS Date DRIVES Usable hard drive GB hard drive free HL-DT ST BDDVDRW CT F OpticalDrive Hitachi HTS A E hard drive GB drive O s n J CHMYEC Rev JEDOA OB PCI to USB host controller x Standard open HCD USB host Controller x MEMORY MODULES MB USABLE INSTALLED GB RAM LOCAL DRIVE VOLUMES C NTSF on drive O GB CONTROLLERS ATA Channel ATA Channel Standard dual channel PCI IDE Controller Standard SATA AHCI Controller BUS ADAPTERS MS Storage spaces controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host DISPLAY AMD Radeon HD G Display Adapter Generic PnP monitor vis MULTIMEDIA AMD HD Audio Device Realtek HD Audio Microphone Realtek HD Audio Speakers Realtek HD Audio Toshiba Web Camera MP OTHER DEVICES MS AC Adapter MS ACPI -Compliant Control Method Battery HID-Compliant Consumer Control Device x HID-Compliant Wireless Radio Controls Toshiba Hotkey Driver Standard PS Keyboard Synaptics PS Port Touchpad Mouse Send to OneNote MS Device Association Root Enumerator MS GS Wavetable Synth MS IPv IPv Transition Adapter Bus MS Radio Device Enumeration Bus MS RRAS Root Enumerator USB Composite Device USB Root Hub x Generic Volume Shadow Copy WIRELESS NETWORKCONNECTION Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN Teredo Tunneling Psuedo-Interface PRINTERS HP Envy All-in-One D Series HP Officejet Pro All-in-One ANTI-VIRIS PROTECTION Norton Norton Anti Virus Version Malware Anti-Malware Version

A:Crazy amounts of searches

Hi mkj307,

I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for, but a large number of those entries seem to be shortcuts only. All of the files that have that small arrow on it, are shortcuts and should be safe to delete.

I was putting everything back in order when I noticed how messed up File Explorer was.

I noted when I was looking at your screenshots, you had a couple of Registry modification files on your Desktop. If you merged these with the Registry while you were putting things back together, then perhaps that might account for some of this. If so, you might want to look at using System Restore and see if that helps.

b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42517-crazy-amounts-searches.html
Relevancy 29.24%

SnailDriver homepage.

This nice little program searches for all drivers and allow automatically download and installation. Easy to use, with a clutter free interface and free. It seems there isn't any crapware bundled either.

Handy for those clean installations.

A:SNAILDRIVER - Automatically searches/installs all drivers

Hi, Driver scanners are positively NOT recommended for Win 10, in respect of all system drivers maintained by MS.
Why? Windows 10 introduces a new model where Uncle MS knows best.

If you install a driver of different version to that Uncle MS deems best for you it will be replaced unless you take action.

However for devices or special cases esp. where the driver is not maintained by MS, a driver scanner can sometimes find missing drivers. That's happened to me twice with Win 10, once for an old laptop, once for a USB device. (I used Drivermax)

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43915-snaildriver-automatically-searches-installs-all-drivers.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Whenever I use the Windows Explorer's built in search One Drive. Hard Specific Working On Searches Windows Explorer Not functionality to search for something on one specific hard drive the searches never find a result nbsp Explorer immediately tells me quot No items match your search quot Even if I'm searching a single folder for the exact filename of the only file inside that folder nbsp I have an SSD and two other Hard Drives installed the problem only occurs on this hard drive nbsp The problem drive was originally labeled as my A drive but was renamed to O when after looking for solutions I found someone saying that A drives were long ago reserved for floppy disk slots or something to that effect nbsp And that it could cause problems while searching drives labeled A The contents of the drive were all transferred over from an external hard drive formerly used by a Mac nbsp -I've made sure that the drive itself is set to be indexed nbsp -I've rebuilt the index multiple times -I've ensured that the drive all sub-directories and files have their permissions set for users and system to have full access nbsp -I've deleted the C ProgramData Microsoft Search Data folder after force quitting the Windows Search Indexer then rebuilt the Index again nbsp This stopped searches working temporarily on all other drives nbsp But when the indexing was completed search functionality returned to all drives except the original problem drive -I've checked the drive for errors and optimized it nbsp Any ideas nbsp I'm stumped nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/784fd658-c1b1-434b-8e3b-8e945ac2e120/windows-explorer-searches-not-working-on-one-specific-hard-drive?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi and many thanks for reading I have error searches forever: Windows Update 0x8024402C a brand new machine with Windows installed a mere couple of days ago I noticed yesterday that the big load of inital updates I expected hadn t happened When I tried to get Windows Update to work it just searched forever and found nothing I tried to get things moving with a fix tool from Microsoft Windows Update searches forever: error 0x8024402C which appeared to help a couple of things but left one error code x C There was no noticeable improvement I tried a couple of suggestions from elsewhere Windows Update searches forever: error 0x8024402C involving the command screen but nothing worked The machine sometimes runs a little jerkily right now and when I turned it on this morning it told me Windows hadn t shut down correctly last night Needless to say I am not happy at all This morning I paused Kaspersky protection and ran Update -- same result The machine is a custom build ASRock H Pro S Intel i gb Ram Any help very greatly appreciated EDIT Just found a couple of other threads on this and am trying things out will report back if any changes especially useful looking thread is this one https forums techguy org threads windows-update-searches-endlessly Don t know if that stuff will fix the error code though Don t know also how I could have an error code with Windows literally installed yesterday on a new machine -- but the code came only from the wizard not from Updates itself Perhaps I ll run a scan then leave Update to run all day see what happens nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-searches-forever-error-0x8024402c.1168148/
Relevancy 42.57%

after resetting my pc, text were all written in arabic, pls i want to change it back to english language

A:how to change from arabic to english language in my hp pro 3...

Watch the following video on changing the display language in Windows 8.  Pay particular attention to the icons. The icons are the one thing that does not change , regardless of the display language installed. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-change-from-arabic-to-english-language-in-my-hp-pro/td-p/5575917
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have a new computer with the following details:

NB510-A082
PLL72V-01H00WAR
With Windows 7

The layout of the keyboard is different and the usual place of key for the letter 'Thaal' (which used to be on the left of the number 1) is no longer there. On the keyboard the 'Thaal' is now printed on the other side beneath the 'Daal' but when I try to type it, I only get a backslash.

There are two keyboard layouts installed on the computer but neither of work, I only get a backslash.

Is there a keyboard layout available which is compatible with the key layout on this computer, that I can download?

Thank you for your help
Peta Stewart

A:NB510 Missing Arabic Letter 'Thaal'

Hello Peta

Notebooks are country specific products and offered keyboard is compatible with preinstalled OS for certain region. Described problem is pretty specific so maybe you should contact Toshiba service and ask for explanation.

I presume your notebook is designed for ?Middle east region?. Is this right?

Have you tried to change keyboard input language?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67088-NB510-Missing-Arabic-Letter-Thaal
Relevancy 43%

Hi all you savvy experts,

I recently bought a Toshiba Laptop in Saudi Arabia. It came pre-installed with an Arabic version of windows 7.

I have managed to change most of the language options to English under the control panel, but the core of windows is still Arabic, I see this with the welcome message in the beginning and some install/uninstall and error messages.

After contacting Microsoft support, they said that I should contact the manufacturer (Toshiba) and ask for a new OS in English.

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards,
Francois

A:Arabic to English Windows 7

Hi

As far as I know you have two options:
1/try to order original recovery installation disc on https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/landing.aspx
2/you must install own OS version using original Microsoft installation disc

If you use option 2 you must buy Microsoft disc and pay valid licence for it. All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can download from Toshiba download page http://www.toshibamea.com/en/Download-Files

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77159-Arabic-to-English-Windows-7
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi Today I present to you SearchWithMyBrowser a little tool to open your Cortana searches in your default browser Since April th Cortana opens Edge to force Bing upon you SearchWithMyBrowser fixes this It redirects searches to your default browser If you have anything that redirected searches to another search engine it will still work Installation First you need to download the app If you have git installed - SearchWithMyBrowser Open browser in your default Cortana searches you can also Code git clone https github com SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser charlesmilette SearchWithMyBrowser git No binaries are included But don't worry Making them will only take an Internet connection and seconds Two things that you should have if you are reading this Simply double-click on Code make cmd If everything goes well your directory structure should change from Code gitignore install cmd LICENSE make cmd README md SearchWithMyBrowser cs to Code Microsoft Net Compiler gitignore install cmd LICENSE make cmd nuget exe README md SearchWithMyBrowser cs SearchWithMyBrowser exe SearchWithMyBrowser pdb To install simply double-click on Code install cmd It should pop-up an UAC After you approve it it should ask you to move the file to a permanent location it'll stay there until you remove SearchWithMyBrowser and SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser paste it's location without quotes After doing that it should write a little message and ask to press a key After doing so the file association dialog should open and ask you to choose between Edge and SearchWithMyBrowser Select SearchWithMyBrowser and approve Done If you have any SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser problems or question feel free to file and issue on GitHub or leave a post here

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/49326-searchwithmybrowser-open-cortana-searches-your-default-browser.html
Relevancy 28.81%

OS - Windows Ultimate x -bit or x What was original installed OS on system Windows Home Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware years Age of OS installation - years Specs MSI Notebook Official Website This freezing explorer.exe keyboard on typing in alt+tab, shortcuts, searches. just started happening randomly this morning Windows explorer exe freezes whenever I do any of the following and I am forced to open Task Manager to kill the process and re-run it - using keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl C Ctrl V Del however right-click gt selecting Copy Paste Delete works - Alt Tab - Typing into forms in Windows such as the one in the start menu an explorer window at the top-right so for example I can't open cmd prompt or msconfig or anything else for that matter unless I navigate to the directory and click on it - Can't even use Ctrl Click or Shift Click to select multiple files freezes right away Any ideas Thank you for your time and let me know any other information you might need

A:explorer.exe freezing on keyboard shortcuts, alt+tab, typing in searches.

Try this free tool: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

Selectively disable 3rd party (non-Microsoft) extensions to see if you can isolate the problem to one specific extension. If you find it, re-enable that extension and uninstall it from Control Panel.

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/explorer-exe-freezing-on-keyboard-shortcuts-alt-tab-typing-in-searches-623132.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I hope I am posting in the right place.

I need to transform my existing Logitech keyboard which has a German layout into one that can type into Arabic. Is there a way I can do so? I saw many stickers with Arabic alphabets for keyboards. Are these of use?

Looking forward to your help. Thank you.

A:Typing in Arabic

Hi this may also be of help just make sure you select the correct language How to change your keyboard layout

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/typing-in-arabic-676210.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After cleaning out several viruses, a rogue security program and a TDSS rootkit, I have a few Windows programs that are being displayed with an Arabic font - mainly the Windows security center and wireless networking applets. Screencap attached. I know I've come across this before and thought the problem lied in the registry, but can't seem to find the culprit.

If you've run into this before and can add some insight, I'd appreciate it. Win XP Media Center, SP2

A:Windows Security Center Displaying in Arabic

So, no one's ever come across this before?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-security-center-displaying-in-arabic-528630.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I know I've read 1,000 threads like this on other sites but I have still not fixed my problem. Had the AV Security Suite virus a couple months back...managed to get rid of the worst of it but my searches are still redirected to random sites. Tried quite a few different programs but still have the same problem. Running IE 8 and XP Service Pack 3. Any advice at all would be great.

A:Searches redirecting....

Hi and welcome to TSF

Sounds like you are still infect to me.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/searches-redirecting-522589.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have been posting on the Hardware forum and every search I try errors out with this message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /home/tsf/public_html/search.php on line 1011. What do I need to do to correct for this?

A:All forum searches error out!

I have no problem when I run the same searches from my PC at home. Could this have something to do with the firewall that is used on the server? If so, there may not be much I can do. Or is it the PC I am using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-forum-searches-error-out-410715.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Most sites I search for using a click on Google i'm getting redirected to ad and sales sites - below is my log from quot hijackthis quot - Can someone please tell me what I need to remove Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe to Google ad searches redirected sites C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe Google searches redirected to ad sites C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Boot Optimizer HPBootOp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Qwest QuickCare bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files ATI Catalyst Media Center CMCService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel TV CLSched exe C Program Files ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner My Documents Programs hijack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qwest live com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http qwest live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qwest live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Qwest R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn y... Read more

A:Google searches redirected to ad sites

Hello deca

I`m sorry, but we cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.

Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/google-searches-redirected-to-ad-sites-389134.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey everyone,

Working on an Inspiron 6000 laptop running WinXP MCE. It had over a hundred infections that have been taken care of. The remaining problem is that in some system screens, the text appears to be in arabic. I've checked the regional settings in control panel but find nothing wrong. Pics of what it looks like attached. Any ideas?

A:XP partially displaying text in Arabic?

Do you have Office installed? Do you have the Language tool bar near your system tray? If not Right click the Taskbar and choose Toolbar, and put a check in Language Bar. Here you will have other options to toggle between 2 languages or to set it to one language.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-partially-displaying-text-in-arabic-373473.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I cannot stop suggested searchs. I have un checked "suggest search as I type" box on adjust toolbar options but they still drop down

Relevancy 42.57%

please help me

i have xp sp3 i found that the fonts of the windows changed i tried but failed i reinstall xp as repair the fonts of the windows returned back
but in internet explorer still arabic words misconfigured i uninstall
the internet explorer and reinstall but still some arabic wors are misconfigured

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/arabic-fonts-is-not-correct-in-explorer-321017.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok Ive got windows XP home it randomly restarts I turned off the automatic restart it still restarts Been doing this for a while now maybe - months I notice it most when playing WoW It will always restart when I play that however when playing CoD for hours it never restarts I swapped mem sticks still restarts Power Supply is fine Fairly new GT Evga Thought it might be HDD - Nope thats fine Restart searches... many Problem...Did Windows I was swapping more mem out when I got an error messege about a windows system config being corrupt I insert my windows disk to repair once I chose which Windows installation to repair it gives me a BSOD with x error message Research show its a mem problem Windows Restart Problem...Did many searches... So I run Memtest Ver ran it for days straight no errors reported at all Well I had an IT friend remote link through a Unix bootable CD and copy his config file into mine It boots Windows SP reinstalled still random restarts So I dont get it Im starting to think its the GT sometime when it restarts the display has quot static quot like rabbit ears on an old T V I Windows Restart Problem...Did many searches... run Nvidias test for Windows Restart Problem...Did many searches... the GPU and it passes every time I notice upon start up that I have an error messege quot Hypertransport sync flood quot or something like that happens to fast I cant read it fully Is this a sign my MoBo is dieing How can I test this Anyway I know this is a lot of crap to read so thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-restart-problem-did-many-searches-310762.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have win xp sp2 loaded in my computer. Once i have installed intervedio windvd in my computer ,then its program files was deleted by automatically by the antivirus and some registry entries might have left to be deleted.Even after reinstalling it and again uninstalling it doesn't solve the problem.After every few seconds windows installer searches for it.So plz help me to completely remove all entries

thanks.

A:Windows installer searches for some program not present

i may be worth running the "windows installer cleanup utility", it will help clean out leftover registry files etc, find it here
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe
best of luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-searches-for-some-program-not-present-289285.html
Relevancy 29.24%

All of a sudden out of no where when I double click a folder it a search window opens instead of opening the folder. When I right click the folder it lists Search in bold as the first option then open below it. Does anyone know how I change this back to the way it has worked since the dawn of time, I can't understand why it just went wacko on me all of a sudden. I can still right click and click open, but that can take for ever to get to a folder deep inside another folder.
I hope someone knows how to fix this.

A:Double clicking a folder searches instead of opens it

I found the answer, windows just randomly screws up.
click run under the start menu then copy and paste this
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
Then click ok and in seconds your fixed until windows craps out and decides it bored and does it again. I am beginning to think that the people who work for microsoft are no where near as intelligent as they think are. Oh neat I just looked at the time on my computer and it is all retarded too, wonderful, lets see what else is retarded. I guess there is no such thing as simply using a computer anymore, vista does not work, now sp3 has made my xp pro retarded, How can microsoft continue to sell software and charge as much as they do, everything the touch is defective, name one microsoft product that work?????? I thought I would give there Onecare antivirus a chance, yeah what a joke that was I got viruses and spyware in very little time, back to avg free for me until someone makes an antivirus that truly works, I am not paying for anything except maybe some bootlegged pirated software, I do believe in stealing seems how most of the crap is not worth paying for, at all. It is like selling a new home that only has a few holes in the roof and is missing some doors, can you still call it a house sure, and sell it for the same price as if it were a complete house.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/double-clicking-a-folder-searches-instead-of-opens-it-277297.html
Relevancy 30.53%

[B]Whenever I put a word into the search box on Google or any other website, words that begin with the same letter that I am using begin to appear in a drop-down list. I find this very annoying, and would prefer to disable this feature. Is there any easy way to do this? I am assuming that this is a Windows feature... Thanks!

A:Searches on Web

Turn off the AutoComplete settings, which you'll find in Internet Explorer, under Tools, Internet Options, on the Content tab, where you need to click on the AutoComplete... button. Then you can unselect the options you don't feel you need.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/searches-on-web-242624.html
Relevancy 43%

Some times when I want to display any text in Arabic through the Internet like Email or to write a command on my calendar it displayed in a strange letters .Why this happened and how I can solve the problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-arabic-text-195488.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi,
when i double click on folders to open them, instead of actually opening it my computer defaults to search for files and folders......the only way to open it is to right click on the folder that im tryin to open, and when i right click on it "search" is the first option it shows then the second option underneath it is "open"......if i click on open it does open the file......it was workin good this mornin but then i got home and i went on it and then this happened....i have absolutely no idea on wut could be wrong....so if u could help that would be great thanks!

A:Automatically Searches instead of opens folder

Instead of a folder opening in Windows Explorer when it is double-clicked, the Windows Search dialog opens--ALL folders are this way.

How do I set the default action on folders to open the folder instead of running Windows Search?

Sometimes after adding the right click with the Explorer, the default setting for opening a folder is changed.
To correct this:

Start Regedit
Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Directory \ shell
Edit the default value to be explorer or none

You can download a reg file to do this automatically at:

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/reg/directory.reg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatically-searches-instead-of-opens-folder-133338.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello, I have been dealing with a particularly irritating and puzzling search error. While almost all of my files are searchable by content, all of the ones within a certain folder only show up by name. I have rebuilt the index multiple times, set the folder options to search all files by content under Folder and Search Option, and set it to index Properties and File Contents under Indexing Options, but none of this has seemed to resolve the problem. Thanks for taking the time to reading and any input that might help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Not all file contents show in searches

Go back to Index Properties and File Contents, Modify and make sure the proper drive is selected. Then apply it to the entire drive (probably C:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/not-all-file-contents-show-in-searches-670848.html
Relevancy 43%

I finally recovered my E-mail address which was hacked. But the page is in Arabic. How can I change it to English?

A:Change from Arabic to English

Another issue is still there. I need to changa a phone number to receive security code because the number on file is out of date. There is no option for me to change it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/change-from-arabic-to-english-653879.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Win IE using bing as default search engine It suddenly quit showing search results only a blank page It will not show results work longer 9 searches no IE if search is entered in address bar or bing IE 9 searches no longer work bar or the bing home page with photo and search bar Tried IE 9 searches no longer work google and yahoo and IE 9 searches no longer work they also will not search in any way If I enter a web site in the address bar it will open that page and favorites links also work I can enter www google com and it opens but when I enter a search item it shows a tab at the top but blank page again This is what I have done I have run full scan with WebRoot - no problems I ran quick scan with Malwarebytes and it deleted instances from vendor quot Pup mywebsearch quot and I still can't search I reset IE to default settings - still can't search I ran Malwarebytes full scan in safe mode and nothing was found - still can't search I re-loaded IE without add-ons - still can't search The only form of searching I have found that got me here was ask com I searched from their site and found your forum What do I try next

A:IE 9 searches no longer work

Thoroughly clear out all your web browser history, temp internet files & cookies with Ccleaner from here: Download CCleaner 3.19.1721 - FileHippo.com

(make sure web browser is closed before clicking "Run Cleaner" in Ccleaner).

After cleaning is completed, open web browser and try search again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-9-searches-no-longer-work-650344.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, I wonder if you can help? My aspire 5050 laptop is connected to a BThomehub wireless network. When I check at the wireless icon and through control panel it says my Internet is connected with excellent strength but when I open up Internet explorer and try to navigate to a web page a dialogue box says the page cannot be viewed offline and tries to connect via a dial up (no dial up connected). The wireless seems to be find as I'm posting this via iPhone on the same wireless connection. Any advice?

Thanks
Maria

A:[SOLVED] Connected to wireless but searches for dial up

and welcome to the Forum

In INterent Explorer, click on Tools . . Internet Options . . click the Connection tab and check the Never dial a Connection line. . close IE and start back up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-connected-to-wireless-but-searches-for-dial-up-639506.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My Toshiba laptop appears to be stuck into some sort of arabic or symbol mode. I have no idea how to get it off of there. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached a picture to better explain my situation. Note: This is NOT a picture of my desktop, but this is exactly how my desktop looks with all of the icons and everything in arabic/symbols.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9...1105095257.png

One thing to note, I've gone into the control panel and then into "Region and Language" and set all of the settings to English and it hasn't changed anything.

Please help. It's impossible to navigate these symbols!

A:Toshiba laptop stuck in arabic mode?

Hello cbbi and welcome to TSF,

When you say you've set all languages to English, are you sure you've set the Display Language aswell? If you've done so, most likely your install is corrupted by a malware/virus.

Please try to boot the machine into Safemode (Press F8 during startup) and see if the problem persists in there.

If you can start an administrator Command prompt (Start > Search > type "cmd" > Rightclick "cmd.exe " > Run as administrator) you could try to run a system files check and see if that clears it up, simply type in:
sfc /scannow

Also try restoring the system to a previously known working restore point (Start > Search > type "rstrui" > Hit ENTER).

Let us know if any faults occur and how you get along.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/toshiba-laptop-stuck-in-arabic-mode-604752.html
Relevancy 29.67%

CPU wont allow to search
my cpu was working fine but now wont allow me to load google homepage nor will it let me do a yahoo search or any other engine search comes up with
500 internal Servor Error and underneath says nginx....i dnt know uf u have a virus or what ive ran scans uninstalled windows 7 and drivers and reinstalled but still not letting me,need help urgently

A:wnt load searches nor google or yahoo please help

*uninstalled Windows7 , seriously?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wnt-load-searches-nor-google-or-yahoo-please-help-599847.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi - My name is Michael and I have only stumbled upon this group I am somewhat of a neophyte and apologize ahead of time for any future unintentional blunders I believe I have followed the rules but if I have not please do not hesitate to bring it to my attention I would also like to take a moment to thank you for your help How wonderful you are to take your time to help a total stranger You have inspired me I do searches on Google and I am redirected to various unsolicited advertisers It is quite a problem as I am currently out of work right now I rely on my computer a great deal as I job prospect I might add that my machine likely carries more viruses than quot Dear Ole' Molly Malone quot Well I hope I have this organized correctly Here goes DDS Txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Michael at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Spy Sweeper Enabled Updated D B - C - -E F - FDC SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRConsumerService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost Are Redirected Oh! Boy! Google My Advertisersv- Alternative Searches Being to exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv My Google Searches Are Being Redirected to Alternative Advertisersv- Oh! Boy! exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwssvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE

A:My Google Searches Are Being Redirected to Alternative Advertisersv- Oh! Boy!

This is a sign that you are infected. We cannot help you here for malware removal, head over to the security section of this forum and post there from more help.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-google-searches-are-being-redirected-to-alternative-advertisersv-oh-boy-555345.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Operating system Windows Ultimate x fully updated I believe the files in question came from the old Bioshock demo and thus SecuROM System specs Probably not relevant but just in case AMD Athlon X ASUS A N-SLI Premium nVidia GeForce x in SLi GB RAM for some reason Big ol' noisy-assed PSU The drive in question is my system drive hence trying to keep it clean a Files Securom Arabic/greek Hidden can't [SOLVED] = delete? + of characters Catch22 + SATA GB Western Digital Raptor Problem description I've got the common problem of having an undeletable Windows [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? old folder left over by evil SecuROM but I'm having an absolute Weston getting rid of this one A combination of corrupted non-standard filenames stuck attributes and the fact that MS-DOS [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? wildcard commands suck has left me tearing my hair out I have a horrible nagging suspicion that I'm in a Catch Attempted fixes All the below is being done as Administrator where applicable Using the official SecuROM Removal Tool Running in safe mode Using file unlockers such as Lockhunter Using third-party force-delete utilities such as Delete Doctor None of these work and I believe all for the same reason - Windows can't delete these files for some reason other than an already running process Here's where it gets a bit [SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete? more complex Going to town on this thing in the command prompt It felt like trying to get my AUTOEXEC BAT and CONFIG SYS working for the Eldar Scrolls Arena from back in the day The first problem was that the entire directory tree was hidden in the command prompt and Explorer ATTRIB -H didn't work However ATTRIB ActualDirectoryName -H did work strangely I'm told that this is because wildcards don't always work for some maddening reason As such I now have successfully unhidden all the nested directories Just blacking out the wife's name However the actual files which are causing the problems are still hidden The reason for this is that they have fruity non-standard filenames like the following little gem Terrific This means that in DOS they look like this I'm using DIR A H here because it's the only way to get any sign that the file exists at all Even the DIR X command doesn't seem to help here Trying to delete unhide or rename the file from here using the autocomplete version of the filename doesn't work resulting in the following cycle of joy So I can't unhide rename delete it in DOS because of its fruity filename and I can't rename it in Explorer because it's hidden beyond Explorer's ability to reveal DEL and similar also don't work - again apparantly because the wildcard function struggles to deal with such unusual filenames or something Even ICACLS doesn't seem to help although there may be helpful ways of using it I don't know about The only application which seemed to get anywhere was Disk Investigator v which at least successfully saw the files in question Even that couldn't actually open edit them though Thumbnail for size So - does anyone know some command prompt function or Really-Hardcore-See-And-Delete-The-File exe-type utility which may help me here Or am I being a doof and missing something really easy Pre-emptive big thanks to you guys for being around to help out with this nonsense

A:[SOLVED] Arabic/greek characters + Hidden Files + Securom = Catch22 of can't delete?

Hi -

Download/ install delinvfile --> http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/dldelinv.htm

Run it at elevated admin level - RIGHT-click, "Run as Admin"

Also --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933212

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-arabic-greek-characters-hidden-files-securom-catch22-of-cant-delete-467464.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Is there any way to permanently delete these vista folders:

Contacts
Favorites
Searches

?

A:permanently delete vista folders: Contacts, Favorites & Searches

Im not sure you can delete them but you can make them invisible, empty at shutdown and a few other things by using the group policy editor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/permanently-delete-vista-folders-contacts-favorites-and-searches-405613.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I have noticed that when I search for files, other files and folders show up that have already been deleted. When I try to delete them again it says that the file no longer exists. I just want to know how to get rid of these ghost files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/deleted-files-still-show-up-in-searches-325909.html
Relevancy 29.67%

This thing runs (automatically) on startup and prevents google from searching.

Once 'end task' is used in Task Manager I am able to search again.

Its the Asus ACPI center or file 1.00.59

Checked System Configuration 'startup' and 'services' but could not find relevant box to uncheck.

If I try to search when this is enabled this is the result-

But I want to disable it, if possible.

A:runs on startup, prevents searches.

hey i've done some reading and it seems the same thing is problematic with other's computers too, apparently it is to do with hardware stuff and it isn't disableable through windows, you have to go into your bios settings and disable "ACPI APIC Support", which will in turn disable it on startup, if not then look in the services again for the executeable that's running (given by the processes tab in the task manager)

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/runs-on-startup-prevents-searches-255402.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I really need help deleting some things in my Recently Indexed Search folder. For some reason they will not go away. Everytime I try to delete the search I get an error message.

The results for the actual search has been deleted, it just won't delete in my Recently Indexed Search.

The extension of the search is .mov, which I can no longer access through my windows media player.

Should I just wipe my computer clean or take it in to get fixed. It's an Acer Laptop.

All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-delete-recently-indexed-searches-204059.html
Relevancy 30.1%

These folders contain information about your recent documents, emails, web searches, websites visited, and yet there seems to be no way to delete this info.

Tools/Options/Delete all offline content from IE does nothing to these folders.

From here, you can actually click on an email header and READ THE EMAIL!!

Is there some way to "clean these out"???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-user-searches-folders-142643.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, Can anyone PLEASE, help me get my Hotmail E/Mail Account back from whom ever has got into it and changed it to ARABIC??? Need ENGLISH???
Thank you, everyone . . .

A:Hotmail E/Mail Account Stuck in Arabic??

Windows Live Hotmail Toolbar>Options or sign in to your Hotmail Account and select Options>Personal (on left)>Language>Choose and OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/hotmail-e-mail-account-stuck-in-arabic-641343.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Is there a way to change the default font size of the Arabic font of choice in IE? I see where I can choose which font, but I don't see an option for its size, other than changing all fonts. Roman letters appear much larger than Arabic and to enlarge all to accomodate Arabic makes the Roman letters huge!

The alternative might be to locate an Arabic font that is inherently larger and add that to the list of options, but I don't know what font that would be nor how to add it to the list in IE8.

There has to be a way. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks a million!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/changing-default-font-size-of-arabic-in-ie8-514045.html
Relevancy 30.1%

It is pretty anoying, when I do a search on google the wrong stuff keeps popping up, the main headlines pop up correctly but when I pick one and click it something totally wronk pops up, it has been doing it for about a week now, it seems like it started doing it around the same time I downloaded instant messanger, I am not sure if it has anything to do with that but it happened around the same time.

Thanks for any help,
Doug

A:Why does the wrong stuff pop up when doing searches?

Hello Doug,

What are the pop ups of?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/why-does-the-wrong-stuff-pop-up-when-doing-searches-495011.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello:

I reinstalled a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and Internet Explorer 8.

The problem is that all google searches are not being saved and when I try to read them on IR's history nothing appears.

History just shows that I visited google.com but it does not show what I have typed on the search box.

Anyone knows what may be happening?

This used to be working well in the past but don't know why is no loger working.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/google-searches-not-saved-in-history-471062.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I use internet explorer and mostly yahoo, google but any search site that I use it redirects me to info.com and other places not the site that I am searching for.

Please help
Smcdaugale

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-searches-redirecting-360696.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Using latest IE on WinXP Home SP fully ''CRASH'' searches Using to edit IE7 to causes Delete updated with relevant patches This is more of a major headache than a major issue i e it's bloody niggling me You know how it is you type a search in the ''search'' window clumsy thumbs hit twewq like that two keys at the same time your search results are totally naff WinXP MacOSX that is bad so you edit them Well if I use the reverse lt backspace gt Using Delete to edit searches causes IE7 to ''CRASH'' delete to change a speeling mistack no problemo me old mucker However if I want to hack the end off a search and or repair a speeling mistrack by using the forward lt delete key gt rubber snigger snigger He said rubber erasidicator key after the third sad I know I've counted them tap on the lt delete gt key IE encounters quot a problem and needs to close quot It only happens on the advance or forward delete key Does anyone have any ideas It's not a life threatening issue just very very VERY ANNOYING TIA in advance for any pointers responses free beer Elmer P S Melly Crimble and Hoppy New Ear to all Hic

A:Using Delete to edit searches causes IE7 to ''CRASH''

try doing this

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/using-delete-to-edit-searches-causes-ie7-to-crash-325724.html
Relevancy 29.67%

I wish I had a bit more savvy, but over the years I have become quite adept at least at browsing the internet.
My problem:
I google a search, say "mountain hardwear jackets"
My list comes to my google search page. When I click on to the links, instead of that address, I get some search.daily or win.search, or something similar in the address bar. It's driving me crazy. I've run spyware doctor, windows defender, pc pitstop, and even a few others. These have all cleaned things up somewhat but I can get rid of this beast that changes my links to search.daily or similar.
Does this have anything to do with......exploitsearchterror.com?........something I can't seem to rid myself of.
Thank you....please help.

A:links change to searches in address bar

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Please follow the instructions in the blue link below and post your log in the HJT forum. An analyst will help you clean your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/hijackthis-log-help/15968-updated-important-read-before-posting-log.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/links-change-to-searches-in-address-bar-199789.html
Relevancy 29.24%

got a problem with google searches - when I get a list of results, I cannot select with mouse - though the mouse will do anything else, so it's not faulty.
Any ideas ?
BTW - I recently tried to upgrade to IE7 RC1 but reverted to IE6 as the '7 had bad problems for my portable.
XP HOME SP2 OS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/mouse-clicks-dont-work-in-google-searches-122205.html
Relevancy 30.53%

When i try to load a link from sponsored web searches i get page cannot be displayed. Is there anything i can do to sort this?
Searches below the sponsored ones load fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/web-searches-76003.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all I am having a very strange internet problem I cannot acces hotmail yahoo mail or my university email accounts Along with this Media Player has an internal applications error everytime I try to access it email No or Yahoo searches!!! Here is the Hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES DESKTOP ARCHITECT DATRAY EXE C No email or Yahoo searches!!! PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SHUTTLE TECHNOLOGY LEDTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES SONY CORPORATION IMAGE TRANSFER SONYTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB RNATHCHK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE No email or Yahoo searches!!! C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - BHO Popup Manager - E C - A - C - DA-A A FD - C PROGRAM FILES POPUP MANAGER POPUPMGR P DLL O - BHO no name - B B - - FC- F - E D A - C WINDOWS APPLICATION DATA MANAGERCHINDOES BURNFIRST EXE file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run EnsoniqMixer starter exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run CriticalUpdate C WINDOWS SYSTEM wucrtupd exe -startup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run MORPHSTB C WINDOWS MORPHSTB exe O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKCU Run Desktop Architect quot C PROGRAM FILES DESKTOP ARCHITECT DATRAY EXE quot -S O - Startup LEDTRAY lnk C Program Files Common Files Shuttle Technology LEDTRAY EXE O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup Image Transfer lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe O - User Startup LEDTRAY lnk C Program Files Common Files Shuttle Technology LEDTRAY EXE O - User Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - User Startup Image Transfer lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe I've already deleted Solid Peer but I can't figure out what is going on Any help would be appreciated Thank you in advance

A:No email or Yahoo searches!!!

Welcome to TSF.

Just one thing that needs fixing here.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MORPHSTB] C:\WINDOWS\MORPHSTB.exe <<-- unless you know what it's for

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\MORPHSTB.exe <<-- unless you know what it's for

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. If there were some entries that didn't show up in Safe Mode, you may check and fix those that appear now in normal mode (if you do that, make sure to run a new scan again). Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/no-email-or-yahoo-searches-47985.html
Relevancy 29.67%

After migrating our Website to a new server, I'm having a problem with searches. When I enter a search term and click Submit, rather than showing search results, it just displays the contents of the .IDQ file.

Details:
Windows Server 2003
IIS 6.0

Microsoft's Website has a "fix" for it, but as usual, it doesn't "fix" anything.

Anybody dealt with this before?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/problem-with-index-server-searches-9070.html
Relevancy 25.8%

So when I attempt to use Google to search for something either by way of the search bar in firefox google com or google com ig I have to open my links in a new tab because if I click them I will be redirected back to google com A few notes I cannot redirected to searches back it's virus. don't a are I think Google google. use the back button to go back to my Google searches are redirected back to google. I don't think it's a virus. search results it just takes me to whatever page I was on before I conducted the search The google com URL is changed upon redirect to read as follows some examples Code http www google com webhp emsg NCSR Google searches are redirected back to google. I don't think it's a virus. amp noj amp ei netPToSLE XJsQLVvaT Bg http www google com webhp emsg NCSR amp noj amp ei Nu PTrqzHqLjsQK u GBw http www google com webhp emsg NCSR amp noj amp ei Q- PTuKSOMiKsQKLkLmHBw Google searches are redirected back to google. I don't think it's a virus. I don't think that there's anything malicious about this as it just takes me back to google therefore I don't think that it's a virus I have run ComboFix and all it succeeded in doing was removing my steam exe I've also reinstalled firefox didn't delete all my personal settings and bookmarks Any other ideas

A:Google searches are redirected back to google. I don't think it's a virus.

Haxxed, what version of FireFox are you using? What toolbars are you using? At one time the ZoneAlarm toolbar cause me a problem similar to this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/google-searches-are-redirected-back-to-google-i-dont-think-its-a-virus-595429.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Everytime i search something on Google in Firefox the search results come Firefox Google Re-Directing Searches up fine yet when i click a site on the results page it either doesn't load or when it does re-directs me to some random site I had this problem on Firefox on my Computer switched to Google chrome which was fine for a few weeks then the same exact problem happened again None of the sites in my Google results would load to the actual site The weird thing is i can Firefox Re-Directing Google Searches still excess all the sites in my bookmarks menu without a problem its just the google search sites that don't load or end up directing me to some random site So i switched from my Firefox Re-Directing Google Searches computer to Laptop which has been fine for weeks Firefox Re-Directing Google Searches and now again same problem with Firefox Nothing loads on Google Its kind of weird how its happened again on a totally different computer I've messed around with the add-ons in Firefox and it works for a few hours then goes back to normal nothing loading on the google results page Any help would be massively appreciated as its effecting my browsing experience

A:Firefox Re-Directing Google Searches

On the search bar on our site (first item is User CP), hit search and type in "Google redirects". You'll see a whole bunch of answers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-re-directing-google-searches-537321.html
Relevancy 28.38%

hi everyone I have a eee pc sd running linx xandros install and tried ubuntu as well I brought the usb modem e and can connect to the internet on both operating sytems However when I open mozilla firefox not sure the version I get google and can make searches google will display them just fine When I click a web site like link like hotmail or ebay or any web site for that matter only on the first attempt willl the page load Otherwise the pages never finish loading In the error console im getting errors like unknown property quot zoom quot decleration dropped unknown property quot height quot decleration dropped error in prasing value for quot display quot Searched the mozilla technical support page but the advice to uncheck the downloading and recording in real player to me is only for windows I have tried about config modem loading e220 connected, pages not but google web displays searches and and increased waiting time to no luck Havn't tried a malicious remover tool yet Otherwise I'm really stuck

A:e220 modem connected, google searches and displays but web pages not loading

Try clearing cache. See what happens if you change search engine from Google to any other. They're all really equally good (bad?).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/e220-modem-connected-google-searches-and-displays-but-web-pages-not-loading-470545.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi--I'm not sure if I should post a log or whatnot but here's the problem I can open up Firefox usually fine A search thought will lead me to random pages Not obscene or anything but just the wrong strange places on the Strange Searches?? web When I do get to the right spot and I click on a few things---sometimes downloading using Java or something sometimes increasing the Strange Searches?? number of open pages The Firefox will crash and it'll tell me to restart it and it'll send a message over Strange Searches?? to the Firefox people Is this something that a HJT log will address Something must be in there screwing with the pages The same problem doesn't seem to be happening with Internet Explorer but I don't use it often at all I use XP computer is about yrs old using Firefox or ---whichever is the most recent I tried to get rid of it altogether---delete and then re-download But the same problem comes back Thanks in advance for ANY help Please let me know if any more info is needed

A:Strange Searches??

download, and run malwarebytes. Sounds like you have a browser hijacker.
www.malwarebytes.org

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/strange-searches-351920.html
Relevancy 29.67%

When I type a single word in the address bar, like "LyX" for instance. I'd expect Firefox to notice there's nothing interesting at http://LyX/ and take me directly to a Google search for "LyX" or at least to www.lyx.com like it did in versions 1.5 and down.

Instead it just goes to the domain http://lyx/ and serves me a blank page. Is there a way to configure Firefox to search for single word expressions automatically?

I know I'm being spoiled, but I've gotten used to searching like this and productivity is a high priority for me :)

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/one-word-searches-wont-work-in-address-bar-321529.html
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everyone!

I'm having trouble with the -it seems- famous search engine called "DO SEARCHES". I'm trying to get rid of it and I'm beginning to lose my legendary patience.

I'm sure someone here knows how to do it. Every problem I had so far have been solved here.

Thanks a lot!!

A:"DO SEARCHES.COM" issues...

Hi Joseph,

It sounds like you need help with cleaning out malware, Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/do-searches-com-issues-744082.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I am new here and my problem is that Strange searches appear in my google history everyday I've changed my password many times nothing works I am the only one who uses this computer No one knows my info I don't use other computers at any time I have also done a scan and my computer showing do? didn't searches I Google History is clean These searches appear to be random and sometimes they are a certain category Some are porn searches some are not I've deleted it but different searches appear even after I delete them Google History showing searches I didn't do? Apparently others have this problem because I've done research they are old threads about this topic and I read the responses and it dicussed among a lot of people on the googleproduct forums and on one thread about this same topic on google product forums it was started the last reply wasn't too long ago the date the last reply to this thread was Jun of this year and two people made a thread about this same topic about this just this month or so Which gave me a piece of mind Its annoying and irriating Is anyone having this problem Because I didn't find much research out this topic outside of google product forums and if I find others this happening is to I will probably won't be as bothered

A:Google History showing searches I didn't do?

You might be infected. Go to our site:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
and follow the instructions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/google-history-showing-searches-i-didnt-do-666046.html
Relevancy 30.1%

My searches Web redirected niece has picked up that Web searches redirected oh so wonderful redirect virus I have Web searches redirected installed Malwarebytes and scanned three times in safe mode and removed several trojans from her temp folders and a couple of registry entries I have also installed Trend Micro's Internet Security and Virus protection on her computer The DDS file is below I didn't run GMER as she runs on a bit system DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Brittany at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Enabled Updated F AC- AA - D- C- E E SP Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Enabled Updated D - C A- -BE C-BB CF BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Trend Micro Firewall Booster Enabled A C- - B -B B - F DDE Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemanowSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe c Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Stardock ObjectDockFree ObjectDock exe C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Stardock ObjectDockFree Dock exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com ilc amp fr ydwnld-home uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File... Read more

A:Web searches redirected

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please post that log, ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/web-searches-redirected-593652.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi My name is Joey I've recently come across a couple problems that I have no knowledge of fixing First of all when I click on any google search links they send me to other websites that have nothing to do with the one I clicked on I can eventually get the the link that I clicked on but it takes a couple tries to get through I recently uninstalled Malwarebytes spyware software because I kept receiving messages about malicious websites attacking my computer but they were on keep cant google norton antivirus redirecting searches and turn blocked They were from random IPs Another problem I'm having is that my norton stopped auto-protecting and there google searches keep redirecting and cant turn on norton antivirus is no way for me to turn it on I don't know maybe there is an update that I require but before it stopped working it was blocking attacks as well from random IPs Any help is appreciated in this matter Here are my logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Joseph Rivera at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton Disabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe google searches keep redirecting and cant turn on norton antivirus C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X HPZIPM EXE C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter with SRX WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter with SRX WMP GX exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton e... Read more

A:google searches keep redirecting and cant turn on norton antivirus

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

IMPORTANT! - AVG interferes with our tools and causes problems. Please download Microsoft Security Essentials and save it to your desktop. Now uninstall AVG - it should uninstall via Add/Remove Programs, but you can also use this application if your prefer http://www.appremover.com/appremover/avg/AppRemover.exe. Instructions can be found here - Using AppRemover &mdash; OPSWAT AppRemover. Once AVG is uninstalled, reboot, then install MSE - it will provide protection while we are cleaning. Once we are finished, you can reinstall AVG if you wish.

Combofix
We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

Please read all the information carefully! If using Windows XP you should ensure you install the Recovery Console.

You MUST disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications - please read this thread as a guide. They may otherwise interfere with our tools and interrupt the cleansing process.

Please include the log C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-searches-keep-redirecting-and-cant-turn-on-norton-antivirus-579364.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Greetings all I came here in early with a problem and you guys were great so I am hoping we can do this again I noticed my PC Win XP SP would give me false Google search results with Firefox It would open the Google search results but when you clicked any link it took you to a different site either in opening Google Tabs Infecting Firefox? in Trojan searches, that tab or by opening another My Trojan Infecting Google searches, opening Tabs in Firefox? fiancee says this had happened Trojan Infecting Google searches, opening Tabs in Firefox? to her on her side of the PC while on Facebook I scanned Trojan Infecting Google searches, opening Tabs in Firefox? with Superantivirus which picked up a trojan but after the PC went into sleep mode I could not get back to Windows and had to reset via the power button I scanned with both Superantispyware and Avira Anti virus but it picked up nothing besides a few cookies I also cannot access the net in safe mode Have not been home to really do anything about this but my methods have failed Any help would be greatly appreciated I plan to buy a new PC soon but still want to use this as a media PC connected to my TV as it is a WinXP Media Center edition so I hope the old girls is not too far gone EDIT Oh later I may have to reply by smart phone from my job so excuse my typos as my phone based forum posting is not the best lol DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tomspy at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C FW Sygate Personal Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Tomspy Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www dell com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp us mcafee com root eol pre falcon asp src RegWiz amp affid amp langid amp cid uSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p s uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO FrostWire Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d... Read more

A:Trojan Infecting Google searches, opening Tabs in Firefox?

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

I need to see a gmer log in order to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/trojan-infecting-google-searches-opening-tabs-in-firefox-554741.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Recently I noticed when searching on the internet I'll randomly be redirected from sites and other times I'll just have random pop-ups appear when I'm idle online I figured I would just reformat my computer but that option has be disabled also Any help would be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Run by owner at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x ASUS restore blocked. and on searches Redirect system EPU- Engine FourEngine exe C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Manager AsShellApplication exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows SysWOW AsHookDevice exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Common Redirect on searches and system restore blocked. Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows Redirect on searches and system restore blocked. system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Safari Safari exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files x Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files x Safari Safari exe C Windows SysWOW explorer exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Safari Safari exe C Users owner Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bing com pc Z amp form ZGAPHP mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe TB GameBox Toolbar fef d c-cda - e -b ed- df c c ff - C Program Files x GameBox gamebox toolbar dll TB WhiteSmoke Toolbar -af c- c - def-f e f c - C Program Files x whitesmoketoolbar whitesmoketoolbarX dll TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File uRun Steam quot C Program Files x Steam steam exe quot -silent uRun Octoshape Streaming Services quot C Users owner AppData Roaming Octoshape Octoshape Streaming Services OctoshapeClient exe quot -inv bootrun uRun Mquuf C Windows spoolsv exe uRun MqvPc C Windows win exe uRun Mqmnb C Windows Temp mdm exe uRun Mqmnqe C Windows Temp login exe uRun Mqva C Windows win exe uRun Mqmnqg C Windows Temp hexdump exe uRun Mqrta C Windows install exe uRun Mqmnxb C Windows Temp sysedit exe uRun Mqmnoc C Windows Temp debug exe uRun Mqurb C Windows taskmgr exe uRun MqmnZP C Windows Temp gdi exe uRun Mqmnvc C Windows Temp user exe uRun MqmnfPf C Windows Temp iq l jjt exe uRun Lvsdhfngta C Users owner AppData Local Temp user exe uRun Mquse C Windows svchost exe uRun Lvsdhfnglb C Users owner AppData Local Temp debug exe uRun Lvsdhfngotd C Users owner AppData Local Temp install exe uRun Lvsdhfngmve C Users owner AppData Local Temp hexdump exe uRun Lvsdhfngpb C Users owner AppData Local Temp login exe uRun Mqvsc C Windows winlogon exe u... Read more

Relevancy 29.67%

Im having a major trojan problem Firefox started opening random tabs and redirects websearches to malicious websites I instantly ran search after search in an attempt to find a virus to no avail only minor things were found I've tried to uninstall firefox but when i click the uninstaller it doesn't do anything Looks like the trojan wanted me to keep using firefox So i used chrome Chrome didn't even load up one page Tried Opera I had about hour of 'free' surfing before these tabs started to come up again And all the time i would get avast telling me it had stopped threats each time the tabs were opened from seemingly legitimate places some include SVCHOST Firefox program files other browsers program files Win system Avast itself pretended to be an avast installer So I tried AVG full day trial AVG also found these viruses when they popped up in tabs but still Redirect searches Trojan Browser Web also couldn't find Trojan itself Tried Malware bytes following a lead I had researched from saying if you turned off all Rundll that Malwarebytes could find it This also failed Web Browser Redirect searches Trojan Now using your forum to see if anyone had the same problem which many do As i dont know how specific my problem is im not going to hijack someone Web Browser Redirect searches Trojan elses thread I did your quot First steps quot and I have the files Which ones do I give you and which ones dont I I am at the edge of my computing abilities here and any reassurance that I DONT have to fork out a grand for decent MacBook Pro as im quite fond of having Windows Thank you for all your help in advance

A:Web Browser Redirect searches Trojan

I also have random pop up of 'Just in Time debugger' Asking me to change SVChost which i've denied it doing. It still pops up though.

Im also finding it increasingly hard to post replies.
Keeps saying the Connection closed by remote server (Opera)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/web-browser-redirect-searches-trojan-484361.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi Whenever I use Google on either Firefox or Internet Explorer IE the search results come up fine However when I click on a result it SOMETIMES redirects me to some other random page Other times it works ok Please help Here is a HijackThis report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v to redirect searches Google sites different Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows Google searches redirect to different sites system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Windows system AERTSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Fomatik TrueImageTryStartService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe C Program Files SSC Service Utility ssc serv exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R ... Read more

A:Google searches redirect to different sites

From the look of things, the ComboFix seems to be recommended to everyone with this problem, so I took the liberty of running it myself. Here is the log file:

ComboFix 10-01-30.07 - Jim 31/01/2010 19:29:58.2.2 - x86
Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Premium 6.0.6002.2.1252.44.1033.18.2036.1055 [GMT 0:00]
Running from: c:\users\Jim\Desktop\comfix.exe
AV: Norton Internet Security *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {E10A9785-9598-4754-B552-92431C1C35F8}
FW: Norton Internet Security *disabled* {7C21A4C9-F61F-4AC4-B722-A6E19C16F220}
SP: Norton Internet Security *disabled* (Updated) {CBB7EE13-8244-4DAB-8B55-D5C7AA91E59A}
SP: Spybot - Search and Destroy *disabled* (Updated) {ED588FAF-1B8F-43B4-ACA8-8E3C85DADBE9}
SP: Windows Defender *enabled* (Updated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2009-12-28 to 2010-01-31 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2010-01-31 19:36 . 2010-01-31 19:36 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Public\AppData\Local\temp
2010-01-31 19:36 . 2010-01-31 19:36 -------- d-----w- c:\users\LogMeInRemoteUser\AppData\Local\temp
2010-01-31 19:36 . 2010-01-31 19:36 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Default\AppData\Local\temp
2010-01-31 19:36 . 2010-01-31 19:36 -------- d-----w- c:\users\Darren\AppData\Local\temp
2010-01-31 18:18 . 2010-01-31 18:18 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Trend Micro
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 84912 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\NAVENG.SYS
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 371248 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\EECTRL.SYS
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 2747440 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\CCERASER.DLL
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 259440 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\ECMSVR32.DLL
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 177520 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\NAVENG32.DLL
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 1647984 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\NAVEX32A.DLL
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 1323568 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\NAVEX15.SYS
2010-01-31 17:44 . 2009-12-14 09:00 102448 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100131.003\ERASER.SYS
2010-01-31 17:19 . 2009-06-15 14:53 270848 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\schannel.dll
2010-01-31 17:19 . 2009-06-15 14:52 499712 ----a-w- c:\windows\system32\kerberos.dll
2010-01-31 16:48 . 2010-01-31 17:12 -------- d-----w- c:\programdata\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2010-01-31 16:48 . 2010-01-31 16:49 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2010-01-31 15:55 . 2010-01-31 15:55 -------- d-----w- c:\program files\ESET
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 84912 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\NAVENG.SYS
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 371248 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\EECTRL.SYS
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 2747440 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\CCERASER.DLL
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 259440 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\ECMSVR32.DLL
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 177520 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\NAVENG32.DLL
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 1647984 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\NAVEX32A.DLL
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 1323568 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\NAVEX15.SYS
2010-01-31 12:18 . 2009-12-14 09:00 102448 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\VirusDefs\20100130.021\ERASER.SYS
2010-01-30 15:10 . 2009-11-20 03:02 268664 ----a-w- c:\programdata\Symantec\Definitions\SymcData\ipsdefs\20100128.002\SymIDSCo.sys
2010-01-30 15:10 . 2009-11-20 03:02 732536 -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-searches-redirect-to-different-sites-457530.html
Relevancy 29.24%

When I do a google search and I click redirect searches sites Google random to on the hyperlink I am not taken to the pages I am trying to go to I am taken to random advertisement pages I have run malware-bytes and prevx both show clean This redirect problem happens under mozzilla and IE The URL that causes the redirects that is the main website that all the redirects come from an example of Google searches redirect to random sites one of the redirects is click php c b b b b dd f b ec DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise On-access scanning disabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F AV Prevx On-access scanning enabled Updated D C- - CEB- CC -D B D Running Processes C WINDOWS system TAMSvr exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Prevx prevx exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel AMT LMS exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C WINDOWS system ThpSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TME Tmesrv exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C WINDOWS system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TPHM TPCHSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Intel Privacy Icon UNS UNS exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbmux exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files ProQuestMS PartsManagerPro XBaseSrvr tbkern exe C Program Files Prevx prevx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings administrator CORP Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www toshibadirect com dpdstart uSearch Page hxxp www google com mWindow Title uRun TOSCDSPD c program files toshiba toscdspd toscdspd exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun TFNF TFNF exe mRun IntelWireless quot c program files common files intel wirelesscommon iFrmewrk exe quot tf Intel Wireless Tray mRun TFncKy TFncKy exe mRun TPSMain TPSMain exe mRun ShStatEXE quot c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun nwiz nwiz exe install IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF A A-BFDD- - -FFDE BAC - hxxp dlm tools akamai com dlmanager versions activex dlm-activex- cab DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC - hxxp cdn scan onecare live com resource download scanner wlscbase cab DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp update microsoft com micro... Read more

A:Google searches redirect to random sites

Welcome to the forum ramscards05
Are you still in need of assistance ? if so are there any changes since you last posted and what has been done ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-searches-redirect-to-random-sites-447701.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi Guys As the title says im experiencing browser redirection issues It happens on both redirected are (FF/IE) searches Google Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers Both browsers are on the latest version I have been asked by 'chemist' here to post a few longs Please find Google searches are redirected (FF/IE) the DDS posts embedded on the thread and the other to as an attachment Thanks in advance DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Zahra at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated Google searches are redirected (FF/IE) A C- - e- F- Google searches are redirected (FF/IE) E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe c Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFPrinterMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Users Zahra Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Groove GFS Browser Hel... Read more

A:Google searches are redirected (FF/IE)

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

and rename it to glasgow.exe before saving it to your desktop.

Double click on the renamed ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished it will produce a log at C:\ComboFix.txt for you
Please include the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-searches-are-redirected-ff-ie-439118.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi All I have a yr who was apparently using my account while I stepped away from my pc Hopefully you will be able to help me I have consistently run spybot with Tea Timer enabled MS Windows Defender and Avast and haven't had a virus in years I have now guy searches with :( redirected Another been fighting with Another guy with redirected searches :( this one for the last - days with a combination of Another guy with redirected searches :( tools I thought I had it all as everything was turning up clean I have seen a few Trojans and rootkits TDSS I have also been using Malwarebytes and hijackthis regularly Some of my searches are being redirected to ad sites under both firefox and IE Checked my hosts file it appears as expected I am not seeing the redirects at the moment however NOD DID warn me about a bad website Appeared to catch a redirect I haven't seen any random popups but occasionally firefox attempts to run itself Anyway here are the logs Thank you greatly for any help you can provide DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by simpsonar at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware disabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system PnkBstrB exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Logitech De... Read more

A:Another guy with redirected searches :(

quick update. Still seeing redirects. Thought I had it gone, guess I'm back to square one :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/another-guy-with-redirected-searches-437375.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys As you probably can see I have just registered and as the title says im experiencing browser redirection issues It happens on both Firefox and Internet Explorer Google searches (FF/IE) are redirected browsers Google searches are redirected (FF/IE) Both browsers are on the latest version I'll be very honest this re directing issues is driving me mad Since I have experiencing this issues I have not logged to my email or any other sites just in case my details would be compromised I hope i have not just panicked and did the right thing From the investigation i have been Google searches are redirected (FF/IE) doing through quot google daddy quot Google searches are redirected (FF/IE) many forums have been asked for a scan do be done and for the logs to be provided I have done the following scans and will attach the logs SAS - Superantispyware - Safemode - Only adware tracking cookie was found and removed MBAM - Malwarebyte - Safemode - Nothing found HTL - HijackThis - Normal Mode - Nothing was checked to be fixed I can post the logs if necessary I was told by a friend to run combofix which i did but it rebooted the PC so i could not produce any logs I have also tried on safe mode and it hanged I later found out that i was not supposed to run combofix until instructed accordingly I already had a go to my friend and im sure he wont be recommending it again I know why i'm infected and that is the simple that the missus let the nephews use the laptop I would really appreciated if you could assist me Please Has

A:Google searches are redirected (FF/IE)

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-searches-are-redirected-ff-ie-438852.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there My laptop seems to have some kind of malware Whenever I Arabic Strange like message in Explorer Internet load certain websites three or four messages pop up saying that IExplorer cannot find looks like Arabic or Urdu to me and then Strange Arabic like message in Internet Explorer when I close the pop up box it redirects to my homepage If I ignore the message it'll keep popping up So far my record is having messages by that time though my system is too slow and i have to shut it down Strange Arabic like message in Internet Explorer Thanks for listening and I'm sorry if I didn't post the log right This is my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Boingo Boingo Wi-Fi Boingo Wi-Fi exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts browser-security microsoft com O - Hosts antiwareprotect com O - Hosts www antiwareprotect com O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run Dell Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAY O - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher... Read more

A:Strange Arabic like message in Internet Explorer

Hi

HijackThis no longer provides the information we require.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance.

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/strange-arabic-like-message-in-internet-explorer-437567.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I've spent the last several weeks hunting through the internet for solutions to people who have this problem Most have only sounded similar but not quite the same therefore the fixes I've tried to read through and emulate have not worked so I figured it's time I just started a thread for my specific problem Symptoms My google search results when clicked are redirected sometimes double redirects to the most random insignificant search engines that turn redirected Google searches up more search results instead I have to click back to google and reclick the link two sometimes three times to get to the page I want Some of the addresses it tries to Google searches redirected send me to are Helpdeskfunnies com search listnow com search fldogparks com results mnemes com and so forth It will jump to those quot sites quot then jump straight from there to a long unrecognizable address with the search results Attempts None of my virus malware scanners have picked it up I've tried Malwarebytes SUPERAntiSpyware Ad-Aware and Fix-It Utilities a couple even in safe mode Anyway here's the DDS that was requested in the instructions thread The attachment is here too I hope you guys can help -- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Sarah at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Avanquest VirusScanner Pro On-access scanning enabled Updated A D C- - f-BD D-B B C C BE Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA AVANQU Fix-It mxtask exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C PROGRA AVANQU Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C WINDOWS system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files VBTUCopy VBTUCopy exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files WallpaperSS WallpaperSS exe C Program Files SEC MagicTune GammaTray exe C Program Files Styler Styler exe C Program Files SEC MagicTune MagicTune exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Sarah Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton internet security engine IPSBHO DLL BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO gPhotoShow Toolbar Helper d d -e e- - d -f - c program files gphotoshow toolbar v gPhotoShow Toolbar dll TB gPhotoShow Toolbar d fbba -b cd- a a- b -e bdf - c program files gphotoshow toolbar v gPhotoShow Toolbar dll TB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton internet security engine coIEPlg dll TB StylerToolBar d f f - b- ea - fa -a d e f - c program files styler tb StylerTB dll TB CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - No File uRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgr... Read more

A:Google searches redirected

Bump, please... Need some help here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-searches-redirected-430014.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have some sort of malware that is causing me to be redirected when I select items from results of google searches It is not every time I click on a search result but frequently I am Searches Redirected Google also getting a lot more instances where Google Searches Redirected my browser cannot access a site I have included my dds txt file and attached my attach txt and ark txt files Thank you in advance for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Chris at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - FW McAfee Personal Firewall Plus enabled B Google Searches Redirected - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost Google Searches Redirected exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Documents and Settings Chris Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com myway uSearch Bar hxxp bfc myway com search de srchlft html mDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com myway mStart Page hxxp www dell me com myway uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll TB McAfee VirusScan ba b -b - c -b - f f - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun VSOCheckTask quot c progra mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask mRun MCAgentExe c progra mcafee com agent mcagent exe mRun MCUpdateExe c progra mcafee com agent McUpdate exe mRun VirusScan Online quot c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot mRun MPFExe c progra mcafee com person MpfTray exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide mRun LogitechCommunicationsManager quot c program files common files logishrd lcommgr Communications Helper exe ... Read more

A:Google Searches Redirected

hi.

We need to have another rootkit before we start fixing your computer.
Kindly follow the instructions below.

Download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop and extract the compressed file to it's own folder.

Open the folder and doubleclick on RootRepeal.exe to run it.Click on the Report tab, and then click on: Scan
A window opens asking what to include in the scan.
Check the following boxes then click OK:
Drivers
Files
Processes
SSDT
Stealth Objects
Hidden Services
Shadow SSDT You will then be asked which drive to scan.
Check C: (or the drive your operating system is installed on, if not C)
Click OK once again.
The tool will begin scanning and may take a while to complete, so please be patient.
When the scan finishes, click on: Save Report. Save it to your desktop so you may find it easily.

Please attach the report in your next reply.

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/google-searches-redirected-407155.html
Relevancy 27.95%

OS Windows XP Advertisements/Diverts Random run searches/Unable internet Spybot/Gmer Audio to Build xpsp sp gdr - Service Pack Hi I'm sorry but I had to repost my original message Random Audio Advertisements/Diverts internet searches/Unable to run Spybot/Gmer posted on September with the title quot Mysterious Audio Advertisements Internet reroute Unable to run Spybot gmer quot I Random Audio Advertisements/Diverts internet searches/Unable to run Spybot/Gmer didn't read the end of the quot how to quot carefully and realized that after placing the second quot bump please quot it probably looked like it was being worked on Sorry for the inconvenience So here's what I have going on I bought my laptop a few months ago from someone on craigslist After I took it home I started to notice some weird things A Every once in a while this random audio advertisement will start playing even though there are no programs running or internet browsers up One time it played while I was browsing and I closed the window and it continued The other time I was just playing with the Admin settings trying to see what I could mess around with to see if I could track the virus I suspected That second time it just made some weird noises w o the advertisement Pretty eerie Note I haven't been able to prove this but I think it tends to happen only when it's connected to the internet B I noticed that after the first few attempts to browse the internet I would begin to get redirected to other sites Particularly when trying to reach antimalware spayware sites One sends me to quot bestcompanysearch com click go php u quot and a long code after that and I can't remember the other site It would also redirect me when trying to download antiviruses and antispam type places C It will not run some downloaded programs I first noticed the problem when I tried to download Chrome It downloaded but would not run I think it also happened with one other antivirus I also downloaded Spybot and it made it to my computer after a few tries but once it was downloaded I could not run it ---speaking of browsers I tried to uninstall IE and in the processes a iexplore exe keeps popping up after the uninstall Prior to this I had one of the IT guys from my work help me download CLAMwin virus scanner It did find one virus C WINDOWS kernel lib dll Trojan Downloader- FOUND and it was then moved to quarantine after which I disposed of it in the recycle bin and emptied it Tried to run the gmer app and was unsuccessful D I know the kid who had this before me used Limewire which I tried to uninstall semi successfully E If I try to mess around too much with the computer it will freeze up and I have to turn it off and restart This is all I can think of off the top of my head I haven't used this laptop much since I got it because I have a mac and well because I didn't want to bother with all the problems If I weren't in a camp in Algeria with no access to the outside world for a period of time I'd try to find a way to wipe the drive clean and start over problem is I don't have the windows cd since there's nothing saved on this laptop that I need Anyway this is what's going on any help would be really appreciated You guys are my only hope out here and I really appreciate your help Thanks BTW I did the dds scan while in safe mode Don't know if that makes a difference Oh and also I can't get rid of this sean rangel name on the computer Don't know if that's because of the virus DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Vito at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Vito SEAN- B A Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www canfind org search ac php aid amp sid v mSearchAssistant hxxp www goog... Read more

A:Random Audio Advertisements/Diverts internet searches/Unable to run Spybot/Gmer

Bump, Please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/random-audio-advertisements-diverts-internet-searches-unable-to-run-spybot-gmer-419311.html
Relevancy 30.1%

hi everyone my web searches from search engines are constantly redirected to random sites i ran malwarbytes and have files under quarantine here is the log Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full Scan C D E F Objects scanned Time elapsed hour s minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected C Users My HP My HP exe Trojan Agent - gt Unloaded process successfully Memory Modules Infected No web redirected searches malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft web searches redirected Windows CurrentVersion Run my hp Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined web searches redirected and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected C Program Files Windows AntiVirus Pro Rogue WindowsAntiVirusPro - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Infected C Users My HP My HP exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS Temp reitpygyxi exe Trojan Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Program Files Windows AntiVirus Pro ANTI files exe Rogue WindowsAntiVirusPro - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Also ran hjt after here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA INTERNET SECURITY WebProxy exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Bioscrypt VeriSoft Bin AsGHost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Alltel GoBoingo AlltelWifi exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient accrdsub exe C Program Files My Lockbox mylbx exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security ApVxdWin exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Users My HP Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acsagent exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files ActivIdentity ActivClient acevents exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavBckPT exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files BitLord BitLord exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFol... Read more

A:web searches redirected

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/web-searches-redirected-408008.html