Windows Support Forum

Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Basic now I have missing drivers

Q: Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Basic now I have missing drivers

So I downgraded from Vista to Xp home basic because I didn't like the way vista worked. Unfortunately something went wrong when I used my Xp boot disc and now I am missing the following devices:
Ethernet Controller
PCI Device
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Please help if you can, I have looked through countless forums and downloaded about 20 files already and I still haven't fixed anything.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Basic now I have missing drivers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Basic now I have missing drivers

First thing that needs to be clarified here, when you say "now I'm missing the following" what type of missing are we talking about here? Are the devices and such present inside your device manager and all that is missing here is their drivers? Or when you open up the device manager, all the above and stated hardware is gone? If this is a driver issue the fix or fixes could be relatively manageable. But if this is a case that nothing is there and indeed these devices aren't showing up with anything inside Windows, but you know they are there and still nothing, that might be a manageable thing to deal with, with the end result being perhaps a wipe of the disk and starting over from scratch. Maybe Windows didn't find these items when it was being installed for whatever reason or reasons. If you decide to install the O.S. again, I would first go into your computers BIOS and just with your own eye's, confirm the presence of these items, for if they are in BIOS and register fine, than they should translate over to Windows being able to find them as well. And while you are inside BIOS, doesn't hurt to make sure that nothing is switched off, just make sure all these items your talking about are activated or just active through BIOS and you should be fine.
Relevancy 103.63%

I installed windows vista home basic again on my home but now it shows no drivers for ethernet controller,pci serial port,pci simple communications controller,video controller and standard vga graphics adapter. So I went to and downloaded the drivers on a flash and tried to use them but it's not working , I thought if I could get online with the computer I could update it and make it work, but ? Let me know what ya think and if you need any other info.

A:Windows Vista Home Basic 64 bit drivers

Wow 89 views so far and no reply , I tried to install the drivers from that download but it says it was interrupted every time . I did get the broadcomm advanced control suite 2 to install but I got no idea what to do with it.
Relevancy 95.89%

SPECS:Dell Inspiron 1318 Notebook
Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel? Core? 2 Duo T5800 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Intel? 965PM / GM Express Chipset
Intel? Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Intel High Definition Audio 2.0
250GB4 configured with a 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
8X Slot Load CD/DVD Writer (DVD+/-RW)
9-cell 85WHr Li-Ion Battery
Intel? Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal (2.0) mini-cardI have installed all drivers except for audio. I searched everywhere and tried everything (even with one of the tech's help), and nothing seems to work. The dell recommended driver is IDT STAC9228 Audio, A03 but it is only for vista and does not work with xp. Please help. Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Downgraded vista to xp and now missing drivers. Help please

Dell probably will not have XP driver for that notebook . . You can download and run the Unkown Device Identifier to see if it can report the details of the sound card and then google for XP drivers . .
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi - I used the process outlined in this link http www winsupersite com showcase winvista upgrade clean asp to make a clean install from Windows XP Home Media Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium lt lt ACER notebook G ram Ghz G HDD gt gt Until I found Paul Thurrott s web site it looked Drivers to Vista Home Missing After Windows Premium Upgrade like I was going to have to actually upgrade and bring along all that mess from years of using XP But following the instructions Paul gave I actually did get a clean install The software was off too from Circuit City Too bad about them huh Well the clean went well but afterwards when I repeated Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium the process inputting the product key right near the end maybe Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium the rd or th restart the ACER froze up I did it again after first deleting the partition and recreating it BootIt NG nd time it installed fine Took about min for the clean install and hour min for the upgrade The only thing I did differently the nd time was to change the boot sequence back to HDD CDROM Anyway the PC is fine Wireless works and I ve done some Internet browsing But in device manager I have instances of PCI Flash mem alarm and instance of a USB camera alarm Minor but Vista keeps reminding me to install drivers I don t have the hardware so I don t know why this has happened Anyone know What to do at this point Thanks RDL nbsp

A:Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium

Solved by getting two drivers from ACER's web site. It wasn't obvious which ones I needed by the description in Device Manager but after Googling found several folks who had the same thing happen to them and also found which drivers were needed.

Relevancy 86%

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 5535 laptop. It has Windows Vista Home Premium (WVHP) installed.

The computer came with a number of programs that I am not interested in having on my system. In addition, I was not provided a restore disc. I do own a copy of Windows Vista Home Basic (WVHB).

I would like to keep WVHP as I appear to be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 7 . . . but I would like to reinstall to get rid of all these worthless programs. Can I use a WVHB disc with my new WVHP product key?

Could I install WVHB with the WVHB product key, then use the WVHP key supplied by Acer to upgrade?

Thanks for your time in answering my question. I hope it isn't unclear.

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Key Home Basic Discs

I believe that if you install with the Basic disc the process will offer you a choice
of versions. Choose Home Premium and complete the install. Activate with your
Acer's Vista Product Key.

Relevancy 85.57%

Hey everyone, just registered ? this is my first posting.

My family just ordered a new computer from Dell recently (through a monthly payment deal with our ISP), and it's still in transit to be delivered. I just recently discovered that the OS is Windows Vista Home Basic, which apparently is non-upgradable to Windows 7. What a rip-off.

I just had some questions. What would be the best path for me to take to get Windows 7 installed on this computer? I would probably need to delete the Home Basic OS and do a clean install, right?

I'm thinking about contacting Dell and having this order canceled or refused and waiting until I can order a model with Windows 7 preinstalled, but I'm quite impatient so I'd be willing to do something that wouldn't create such a delay.

Damn, I didn't think any PCs were still being shipped with Home Basic! This sucks royally!

A:Windows Vista Home Basic → Windows 7 (upgrade ripoff?)

Quote: Originally Posted by CIS

Hey everyone, just registered — this is my first posting.

My family just ordered a new computer from Dell recently (through a monthly payment deal with our ISP), and it's still in transit to be delivered. I just recently discovered that the OS is Windows Vista Home Basic, which apparently is non-upgradable to Windows 7. What a rip-off.

I just had some questions. What would be the best path for me to take to get Windows 7 installed on this computer? I would probably need to delete the Home Basic OS and do a clean install, right?

I'm thinking about contacting Dell and having this order canceled or refused and waiting until I can order a model with Windows 7 preinstalled, but I'm quite impatient so I'd be willing to do something that wouldn't create such a delay.

Damn, I didn't think any PCs were still being shipped with Home Basic! This sucks royally!

Welcome...glad you found us
You could buy an upgrade copy of windows 7 and perform a fresh install with that
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi my Canon Multibase Smartbase MPC200 Multifuntion Printer Driver worked fine in XP but I have now bought a new laptop with Vista Home Basic and can't find a driver to suit it. Can anyone help
Relevancy 84.71%

Will this work if i buy the Windows 7 Ultimate X86 Full version and clean install on my Desktop pc wich has Windows Vista Home Basic X86.

A:Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows 7 Ultimate

Yes it will work
Clean Install Windows 7
Relevancy 84.71%

hie. l am founding it dificult to upgrade to windows 7 so may you please asist me or to provide me with a serial number to allow me to download windows 7 from your site.

thank you.
Relevancy 84.28%

my friends bought a notebook acer extensa and the OS installed was windows vista home basic.unfortunately he encountered viruses that kills the windows...he reformat he replace the windows vista home premium..since he dont have the windows recovery...the notebook works but he encountered some problems like the desktop display is too dark..well ofcourse from 64 bit turns to 32 bit colors...and the ethernet doesnt work anymore..he did try to download the drivers but when he run the driver its error...he also updated the hard ware but still didnt work...does it need to upgrade also the bios or any suggestion pls...thanks
Relevancy 84.28%

My wife's new machine came with Vista Home Basic. She has a Canon BJC-2000 printer , Black only cartridge. Home Basic comes with MS Works and the Word processing App is all she uses. Here is the weirdness which I hope someone can help explain.
1. As I was setting up the system I wrote a note and printed it. I was able to run the Maintenance items.
2. She wrote a letter and saved it in .wps Works default format. When we tried to print it an error message saying 'Mis-Matched Cartridge' keeps coming up. I have booted many times and the same message.
3. Today I took the letter she had written and saved it in .doc form. The darn thing printed from Works.

A:Vista Home Basic Print Drivers?

Canon says that the printer drivers are pre-installed in Windows Vista and will not be providing them in the WEB.
Relevancy 83.85%

can anyone please help me, i have done something silly, first off i compressed my c drive, now i cant get it to uncompress, and i formated my d drive and now i have lost that and the partition i am running windows vista home basic, i need help please before i throw my laptop through the window any help would be a great help, thanks.

A:windows vista home basic

Will it boot?
What is the error that you are receiving?
Disable defragging before it runs..possibly making this more difficult
Relevancy 83.85%

Over thanksgiving, i was called in to help my aunt's Thinkpad connect to the printer. She mentioned that she'd like windows 7 so i helped her get Windows Ultimate Steal using her .edu email address. It downloaded well, and we opened up the setup file. I was just leaving, so i told her to click upgrade when the prompt came. i received a call saying a dialog box popped up saying it could not upgrade from Vista Home basic, which she was apparantly running. Does anyone know of a solution or workaround to let her upgrade to Windows 7?

A:Windows Vista Home Basic

Which version of Win7 did she buy?

According to the upgrade matrix:

Vista Home Basic can be upgraded-in-place to Win7 Home Premium or Ultimate.

That only applies within the same addressing type: 32 bit can only be upgraded-in-place to 32 bit, 64 to 64.

An upgrade license can be used in other ways, but only with a custom (clean) install.
Relevancy 83.85%

Windows Vista Home Basic. Dell Inspiron 530 Computer (New 3 days ago)
How does one log off for the night so there is no power going to machine?
This is what I have been doing ? Start menue.I hit shut. The program shuts down , but minutes later the power light blinks on & off. And I just need to press the space bar and its on with my user logo and under it it says locked I hit that and it brings me back to where I was before shut down. If I hit sleep mode it does the same. I guess what I would like to be able to do is like in the last computer Windows xp I just hit the log out and everything shut down and had to hit power button on front of tower to start up gain. Can I di that with this Vista .Please help me.

Relevancy 83.42%

Any help finding Radeon 7000 drivers for Vista Home Basic, 32-bit, would be greatly appreciated!

A:Radeon 7000 drivers for Vista Home Basic, 32-bit

Look here & download the auto update facility...
Ati Drivers & Downloads - Ati
Relevancy 82.99%

I cannot get my old emails to delete. I always get the following message: "an unknown error has occurred", whenever I attempt to delete multiple emails. Do any of you know how I can resolve this problem?

A:Windows Mail 6.0 on Vista Home Basic

How are you trying to delete.
Do you put your cursor on the first to delete and then hold shift and markall the others?
Then hit delete?
If not how are you attempting?
Did it ever work?
If so what have you changed to cause this problem?
Is it POP3 or IMAP?
Relevancy 82.99%

I just recently purchased a second dell computer. I was having problems installing windows xp sp2 on my old computer so i used the Vista CD that came with my new computer and installed it on my old one(I'm aware this may be illegal).

I've been reading up on this about a 30 day trial period, so my question is will their be a lockdown after 30 days on my old computer asking for a cd key? It never asked for one in the first place but i have a feeling it may. I just don't want to be caught off guard on this.

Also, if i end up having to purchase another OS im going to get Vista 64-Bit Premium and install it on my new computer. Would i have a problem using the CD-key from my new computer on the old one?

Can someone inform me if this is going to happen.

A:Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit on two computers

Nevermind, dell uses OEM versions of Operating systems, which i found out that cannot be installed on another computer. Guess I'll just have to buy another OEM for my old computer.
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Techies !

Here i put the most obvious post, sorry i didnt put enough time in searching. Can any one kinldy give me the activation keys or serials for windows vista Home Basic 2006.

I'm using compaq 6510b model, Vista currently installed working for 5 days and asking for activaiton. Kindly help or show the thread.

A:WIndows Vista Home Basic Activation

Buy a copy. Activation is over the internet and the key must be valid and unused.
Relevancy 82.99%

I continue to get a message that I am not running a 32 bit system. I can not update Windows explorer and I need to install my norton security. What can I do?
Relevancy 82.99%

1.6Ghz Processer
2GB Ram
128MB Video Card (Nivida)

Lags like crazy ****?

my dad just bought me this computer its a e machines EL1300G-01W

its rating is 3/10...
He's not very good with computers so he didn't know..he thought he'd buy me a 298$ desktop and I'd be happy..

I can't open Emulators for (SNES, NES, DS, ETC...)

I can't play anything on Yoyogames...

with small programs it gets 100% CPU Usage..
My computer model is un-upgradable..

I can only upgrade the ram..thats about only has one PCI 1 slot and not enough room for my new graphics card that needs a PCI-Express 16x slot..
What the hell do I do with this??
My dad won't bring it back for a refund...
It is better then my other computer but it still lags like crazy..

A:My extremely bad Windows vista home basic SP1..

Hello Somdahl,

No, there's not to much you can do to upgrade your system, but maybe this can help improve it's performance some.

Speed Up the Performance of Vista

Hope this helps,
Relevancy 82.99%

does windows vista home basic have an internal fax service imbedded on its platform?

A:fax service windows vista home basic

Hi lolajoe1, I use Vista Home Basic and No it has no built in fax capabilities. Why I can't answer, guess MS thought we'd never need it. I looked at online fax programs and felt them not very private. I bought this after a trial and feel it's worth the $20 bucks. Does what I want FAX...There are a bunch of fax programs if you do a google. Make sure you put Vista in your search. Here's a link to what I use.
Relevancy 82.99%

I recently decided to use only my cell phone for communications after being told that faxing with a high-speed modem was possible. I have fax capabilities with an Epson Stylus CX5800F, (it's an all-in-one), but I'm clueless as to how to begin. Is it possible to fax with a high speed cable modem? If so, please expound. . .

A:Faxing with Windows Vista 64-bit Home Basic

No, you have to use an Analog modem with built in Faxing. Modern ethernet or cable routers/modems are incapable of doing any faxing. By a 56K Fax/modem card with a phone connection will work.
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi, Im after buying my first Laptop and was wondering if I could play GTA4 on it????????

My Laptop Specs are;

Brand: Packard Bell
Model: Packard Bell Easy Note MH36-U300 Laptop
Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
Processor Type: Intel Pentium Processor T3400
Graphics card: Intel GMA 4500M
Hard disk capacity: 320GB
RAM capacity: 2GB
Speed: 2.16 GHz
Screen size: 15.4?

The windows website advises that the Minimum System Requirements to run the game are:

Minimum System Requirements

OS: Windows Vista- Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommended System Requirements
OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)
18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

Thanks in advance.... Fingers crossed!!
Relevancy 82.99%

Ok i forgot my admin password on my laptop i just gotten back from university so I put the installation disk in and started a new installation and I plugged the laptop mains in a forgot to switch the plug on gt lt Ok so it stopped battery ran out and then it started back up fine said quot press any key to boot quot like it normaly does with a new installation but this time windows vista home 0xc00000f basic i got to install now and selected my partiton 0xc00000f windows vista home basic ok then got to the part it started to 0xc00000f windows vista home basic select the 0xc00000f windows vista home basic files fr the installation then after a while an error message came up saying somthig about corrupt restart so i did and now i get the following options and error and doesnt allow me to boot Quote Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot next quot click quot repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File windows system winload exe Status xc f Info The selcted entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt Enter continue ESC exit everytime i try to restart with the installation disc in it takes me to this page or if i goto th next it gives me asn option to scan for a memory error but nothing is found then it restarts and goes back here Please help asap Thanks in advance Scaper

A:0xc00000f windows vista home basic

Please someone try to help I have someone calling to buy the laptop in 2 hours
Relevancy 82.13%

hi there, im new here by the way, i have a vista home basic 32 bit, what do i need in order for me to upgrade it to vista ultimate? what are the procedures? hehehe.... thanks and good day

A:Upgrade windows vista home basic 32 bit to ultimate

by the way, it's in SP2
Relevancy 82.13%

I rented a Toshiba laptop for Rent a Center, when I turned the laptop the previous renter user name pop up and ask for a password. How can I reset the password, it keep asking for a disk, a disk I don't have. PLEASE HELP

Anika Johnson

A:Reset Password/ Windows Vista Home Basic

Hi nicolette7202!!

This is kind of hard question. Not to mention the steps to reset or rocover the password, but from the ethical side. The easist way for you, you may want to return the laptop back to Rent-a-Center, and told about the situation, see whether they can provide your with the solutions, which is a password reset disc

Hope this helps
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi, I have a HP Computer G3660d I would like to fresh install from the windows Home basic to Windows 7 Professional. Can this be done with just upgrading?

A:Fresh install from Windows Vista Home Basic

Yes, see here:

From Home Basic to Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate

You can even do this via Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade.
Relevancy 82.13%

everyone knows vista should have the aero theme, right? i don't. maybe it is the home basic os? i also saw on the taskbar properties that it says "show windows preview" and i have this box checked

and also no thumbnails, just the name of the window. (bottom right)

thanks for any help given
and i will help in return
getting those thumbnails will look a bit cooler than just "top sites" or a name a window.

A:aero theme on windows vista home basic

start button > right click "computer" > should tell you which version at top of page. home basic does not have aero glass effect (you probably knew already)
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a laptop which Update Home Trouble Windows Vista Basic on has those system properties below -Mobile AMD Sempron tm Processor GHz - MB RAM -Windows Vista Home Basic Bit The laptop is came from Germany So it had Windows Vista Home Basic Bit in Germany After I got this laptop I started to use Windows XP on it But yesterday I installed Vista Home Basic from its original DVD and I changed its language from Germany to Turkish by using a software named quot Vistalizator quot The operating system is Turkish now Not BIOS and some of characters in command line don t appear right but it s OK I know that only Ultimate is available for installing language packs but I could install language packs on my Home Basic too Anyway after installation everything was fine till this morning When I try to launch Windows Update I Windows Update Trouble on Vista Home Basic almost can t see anything It just looks like below Is it about trying to install a language pack on Home Basic or an update that will allow to fix Windows Update Because while no problems occured I was prompted to install a Windows Update Trouble on Vista Home Basic new version of Windows Update but I was failed to do that I hope I can get help I m searching for hours but for now I got nothing nbsp

A:Windows Update Trouble on Vista Home Basic

I beleive you need the latest version of the windows update agent for the language pack you have installed. More information here:
Relevancy 82.13%

Hope someone out there can help me. I reinstalled windows vista and now cannot get web pages to fill screen. Have a dell E177FP 17" monitor and since reinstalling web pages are squished to smaller size and do not fill screen. Have tried all resolutions and they are either too small or too large. HELP! am running windows vista home basic 32 bits

A:Screen Resolution Windows Vista Home Basic

Have you loaded all the drivers for vista? Go to Device Manager by clicking on the Start button and typing "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and pressing Enter.Also, although I do not use them myself, it may be useful to load the Dell Monitor driver from this link:
Relevancy 82.13%

Can I do a inplace upgrade from Windows Vista Basic to Windows 7 Home Premium or will I have to do a reformat and install of Win 7. I know if I do an inplace upgrade I would be able to keep the programs, settings, etc.

I've run the Windows 7 Compability Download and it says that I can upgrade to Windows 7. Does that mean I can do the upgrade in place or do I have to do the "Custom" install.

Thanks for letting me know. I've looked all over Google but haven't come up with the answer.

A:Upgrade from Vista Basic to Windows 7 Home Prem.

After more research, I've found that you are able to do an inplace upgrade from Vista Basic to Windows 7 Home Premium.

I hope this will help someone else that is not sure.

I will post back on how the upgrade went after tonight.
Relevancy 82.13%

After running a system check I came across an error in the device manger:

A8WF1WOY IDE Controller
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I'm not even sure what this does, or means? Or how to fix it.
I'm using a Compaq Presario F700
32 Bit Operating system.
I can offer more system info, I'm just not sure what this problem relates to so I wasn't certain what info might be needed.
Any help is appreciated.

A:IDE controller issues: Windows Vista Home Basic

Hi there

Go to and see if you can spot your exact model (it may help to check label underneath laptop)

Trying downloading and installing drivers.

Post if you need help with this
Relevancy 82.13%

PROBLEM Hello I ve recently installed a new Svchost.exe Home CPU Windows problem. Vista Basic Anti-Virus called Bit Defender and SuperAntiSpyware I ran both of them I found some junk and Ive quarantine and deleted them I then restarted my computer and it asked for an update I then updated and now my svchost is using a lot of CPU before posting this I did a lot of research I know about svchost and what it does but I cannot seem to fix it I tried doing things people explained on this website and nothing has worked Please help PROBLEM I ve also been having some kind of worm or rootkit directing me to other pages I know it could be Vundo or something has that showed up in Malwarebytes But that also did nothing Im still getting directed on different pages when I search google Its really quite annoying Ill do anything you ask me to I don t know if I should post any Windows Vista Home Basic Svchost.exe CPU problem. logs I will post anything requested Here is my malwarebytes log Thank you nbsp mbam log txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloadsLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Windows Vista Home Basic Svchost.exe CPU problem. Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - BHO Google Gears Helper - E FEFE -FBF - AE-BA - CA E FB - C Program Files Google Google Gears Internet Explorer gears dllO - BHO HP Print Clips - FFFFFFFF-FF - C - EC- E AA B D - c Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - Extra context menu item amp Windows Live Search - res C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll search htmO - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspxO - Extra context menu ite... Read more

A:Windows Vista Home Basic Svchost.exe CPU problem.

PROBLEM #1 Hello, I've recently installed a new Anti-Virus called Bit Defender 2010. and SuperAntiSpyware I ran both of them, I found some junk and Ive quarantine and deleted them. I then restarted my computer and it asked for an update. I then updated and now my svchost is using a lot of CPU, before posting this I did a lot of research. I know about svchost, and what it does but I cannot seem to fix it. I tried doing things people explained on this website and nothing has worked. Please help. PROBLEM #2 I've also been having some kind of worm or rootkit directing me to other pages. I know it could be Vundo or something has that showed up in Malwarebytes. But that also did nothing. Im still getting directed on different pages when I search google. Its really quite annoying. Ill do anything you ask me to. Thank you. **Note: I did everything the preparation guide told me to do, I have the Attach file log, and the ark log. Bleeping Computer would not let me attach the whole Attach file. I've tried splitting it to 3 files because I thought they were too big but it still wouldn't upload. I can Attach only half of the Attach log. **
 Attach.txt   15.9KB
 attach3.txt   5.89KB
 ark.txt..log   1.17KB
  13 downloadsDDS (Ver_09-12-01.01) - NTFSx86 Run by All at 20:09:41.41 on Sun 03/07/2010Internet Explorer: 7.0.6002.18005Microsoft? Windows Vista? Home Premium 6.0.6002.2.1252.1.1033.18.1982.1026 [GMT -5:00]SP: Windows Defender *enabled* (Outdated) {D68DDC3A-831F-4FAE-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}SP: SUPERAntiSpyware *disabled* (Updated) {222A897C-5018-402e-943F-7E7AC8560DA7}============== Running Processes ===============C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exeC:\Windows\system32\lsm.exeC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunchC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k rpcssC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcsC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcsC:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exeC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceC:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exeC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvcC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroupC:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exeC:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exeC:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exeC:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exeC:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exeC:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exeC:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exeC:\Windows\Explorer.EXEC:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exeC:\Program Files\Google\Update\\GoogleCrashHandler.exeC:\Users\All\Desktop\procexp.exeC:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exeC:\Windows\system32\wermgr.exeC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceC:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exeC:\Windows\system32\Taskmgr.exeC:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exeC:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exeC:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k swprvC:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exeC:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exeC:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exeC:\Windows\system32\wbem... Read more
Relevancy 82.13%

My aunt recently bought some upgrades for a pc we built it is a
athlon sempron 3400+
1 GB 4200 RAM
2x Sony DVD+-R Drives
We are trying to install Vista onto the SATA Hard Drive, however after the install it says system disk failure. Do we need to treat use raid drivers for the hard drive to boot?
also this error also occurred when we tried to install windows xp x32 on the same drive.
any help is appreciated.

A:Windows Vista System Builder Home Basic x64

For XP you'd almsot certainly need to load the SATA/RAID drivers, but Vista may have them built in. What motherboard do you have? Also just the boot order in the BIOS to make sure the SATA drive is in the boot order. Also since you have two PATA IDE drives there may be something wrong going there, if there are just spare drives then disconnect them for the install of Vista - but don't disconnect them if you are trying to do a multi-boot system with an operating system on one of those drives.
Relevancy 82.13%

I am trying to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 ultimate RTM version but it doesn't complete the installation. It starts and when i click on the "Upgrade Version" it keeps doing a compatibility check and throws out an htm report (i can't see anything on the report) and ultimately stops the installation.
I didn't choose to do custom install (clean) since windows compatability advisor shows i should be able to upgrade from 32 bit vista home basic to 32 bit windows 7 ultimate.
Anybody saw this? Any suggestions/recommendations?

A:Unable to upgrade to Windows 7 from Vista home basic

Could you post some screenshots of the installation? That would help
Relevancy 82.13%

So I decided to upgrade my desktop and have completely replaced all of the hardware, however that's irrelevant. I currently have Windows Vista Home Basic on the system but was offered a copy of Windows 7 Professional for $30 from my university and wanted to know if I could install a clean copy of Windows 7 Pro on a system that has Windows Vista Home Basic since I know I cannot upgrade.

A:Windows 7 Pro Clean install from Vista Home Basic

Welcome to Seven Forums JamesKPNC...

u can check here..similar question..!

can I upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Seven Profesional - CNET Windows 7 Forums
Relevancy 82.13%

I have Avira, Spybot, Startup Mechanic, and Ad Aware installed on my old laptop (as recommended by a BC administrator). I want to safe guard my new laptop with the same programs. I'm having trouble, tho. When I try to dl any of the programs, and save them, the dl box disappears. I can't them anyway, so I'm assuming the DL didn't work. I didn't really care to get Vista, but it came preinstalled on this laptop. Any advice or suggestions??

A:New Gateway Laptop With Windows Vista Home Basic

Hi farout, so what you are saying is that when you go to download and install a program the install bosx disapears correect? Sounds like you might have to log on as Admin and give yourself Admin rights.
Go to computer>right click >properties>ursers and give Admin a password then log on as Admin and make youself an Adminstrator.
Relevancy 82.13%

I downloaded so many files for bluestacks to my pc Windows Vista home basic and it doesn't download fully. A pop up msg comes up saying I need Windows Vista sp3. I don't understand, all I wanna do is download it so that I can watch showbox on my pc. Please help, any suggestions?

A:Windows Vista home basic, won't let me install bluestacks.

There is no Vista SP3. The last Service Pack for Vista is SP2. What is the exact error message you are getting
BlueStacks - Download Success are you downloading Bluestacks from here?
Relevancy 82.13%

I am running vista home basic on a packard bell I recently bought,the machine has had very little use and now comes up with a black screen with a moveable cursor when I boot up I cannot get into safe mode or any of the other options at boot up as they deliver the same black screen with moveable cursor,I did not recieve any discs with this machine when I bought it new but I did make a recovery cd in anticipation of problems,,I updated with the latest available service packs about 4 days ago,really just want to know how to get the thing to boot from cd so I can utilise the recovery disk I think many thanks in anticipation Neil BTW I did see something on the same subject and same symptoms last night just before going to bed but cannot find the thread any more

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista Home basic BSOD

You have to change the BIOS firing order to make the DVD drive 1st in line.

Try F2 or F10 or F12 during boot-up. One should get you in the BIOS screen. Then change the boot order to DVD drive 1st; hard drive 2nd.

The BIOS screen looks similar to this -

Relevancy 82.13%

My Vista Home Basic system all of a sudden does not bring up a screen with all the user logon icons after system boots up. Way to get in now is pressing the Enter key. Then a logon fail message for the first user comes up. Click on Switch User then all the user logon icons come up as normal. I wish to get back the normal logon screen. Please help!

A:Windows Vista Home Basic lost log on screen

This is likely related to your infection issues discussed here: To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you are still experiencing these issues once you have been declared clean, send a PM to a moderator to reopen this topic.Orange Blossom
Relevancy 82.13%

Ok my PC specs are'nt very high...GA-945G-S3 / Core2DUO 2.2GHz / 1GB DDR2 / 7600GS 256MB. Im currently playing CRYSIS on low settings on XP, but i wanna upgrade to Vista so i thought maybe if i installed windows Vista Home Basic, it wont eat or consume my RAM and CPU and i will still be able to play CRYSIS. So, what do you think? Thanks

Relevancy 82.13%

I have been having a lot of problems with my computer with Windows Vista Home Basic. First, I had a virus called Vista Security 2012. I had this all cleaned up by microsft. Next, after Microsoft cleaned out the virus the computer has sat at the Dell startup screen for 4-5 minutes now it does this everytime it boots up. Next, after log in and everything all the icons are all big and some icons even move around after boot up. Last, right after log in I get a Windows Defender error the error is: Application failed to initalize: 0x80070006. The handle is invalid. This is a family members computer. They said they shut down sometimes by holding down the power button. I think that is a possible part of the problem. I now have the computer at my home.

Please help,

A:Windows Vista Home Basic Problems Is the virus still there

Sounds like your system is still infected. I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum.
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everyone,
recently I wiped vista off my desktop and replaced it with xp. I've been collecting all the drivers manually and I'm have trouble finding the last few.
Under other devices in my device manager i have:
PCI device
Universal Serial Bus Controller
and an unknown device
I'm have no idea where to look for the last ones and to top it off my sound is completely missing however i have installed a realtek driver for it
my computer is an hp pavillion a6600f with all factory hardware.
If you can help in any way please do. And if you need more information please let me know how to obtain it.

I also know i should have gotten the drivers before i downgraded it was a lapse in judgement and I am paying the price. Thanks for you help in advance.

A:Downgraded Xp missing drivers HELP!!!

HP does not ship this computer with XP and does not offer drivers for it. So you will be hard pressed to find drivers for this model. You can try the Vista drivers but it probably won't work.
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello guys Recently I Downgraded from Windows to Windows Ultimate And I lost My Drivers I Googled and Tried everything Possible but I couldn't When I Go to device manager In other devices I see Ether controller network controller PCI simple communications controller SM bus controller Universal serial bus controller and Windows 8.1 Drivers Lost from 7 to Ultimate Windows Downgraded and Unknown Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers Device all have a yellow Warning icon basically I'm using my Father's laptop to post this and I cannot use Internet cable or wifi nor USB and my Laptop Doesn't have the CD thing I'm kinda lost and I have no idea what to do I tried the ''Scan for hardware changes'' but I get the message ''Device Driver software was not successfully Installed'' and ''no Driver found with an X'' Please Help me with this I tried everything I talked to Microsoft Support and HP Support they said Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers to go to HP Center which I don't have that Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers In my City Sorry for my English guy my mother language Is arabic French and I'm really panicking to fix my Laptop Which Is HP Pavilion

A:Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers

Hi have you gone to hp support site to see if they have win 7 drivers? What's the full model number of the hp computer
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a Canon Pixma MX490, all in one wireless printer. Can not install. I have tried both the CD and online support. I keep getting: an error occurred while files were being copied. : 0205 0017. I have also tried msconfig.exe and windows update and installed Driver Support. Nothing is working. I really need to install this printer very soon. Someone please help me!!!

A:Internet Explorer 8. Windows Vista Home Basic Edition

Try the drivers here :-!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Click on the Gray Drivers & downloads button then select your OS with the drop-down arrow then click on Drivers just below the OS selector and then on Select button for the top one then on the box to confirm you have read the terms and conditions then on the red download button.
Relevancy 81.27%

I m currently not on the computer that is having the issues so I need to know what information to post in my next reply I m waiting on the computer to finish the windows updates that snuck in while I was running my virus scanner before it restarts --edit-- In my haste I didnt read the pinned topics Ok I m working with an emachines model EL running windows vista win32\Alureon basic Windows home Vista removal home basic When I got the computer I ran malwarebytes and it came up with a laundrylist of things that were wrong with it I will post that log when i have access to it I asked malwarebytes to clean the computer and it did Windows Vista home basic win32\Alureon removal so However there were still some things that weren t working Remove Programs any Internet access All of the icons on the taskbar the accessorys file in the start menu had disappeared All the user data documents pictures and music had been set to read only-hidden and it was still very sluggish So I moved the user data to a flash drive and did the only thing that I knew to do Re-image the computer I only had a copy of windows xp pro bit and so I researched the computer specs and was under the impression that it was compatable with the hardware I deleted all four partitions and installed the xp It surely was not compatable The LAN drivers proved to be impossible to find So I got a Vista disk from my tech friend and restarted the computer booting to the disk it didnt ask me if I wanted to format so I m thinking that s where i got screwed Vista installed beautifully and I was able to connect to the internet immediately I installed Microsoft Security Essentials and while it was running it s scan I downloaded firefox cause I hate internet explorer Then MSE popped up that there was a severe level threat and that it was called win Alureon I tried to remove it but it said that it was unable to do so Error code x Not gonna lie I tried to make it remove it like times Anyways I went to microsoft support they transfered me to advicetech or something like that the dude that I talked with wanted me to download some stuff and run scans and let him know what came up then he told me that after minutes I would have to pay him for help I happily said Or not And went on my merry way He recommended to me that I should run MSERT exe from microsoft com Microsoft Anti-Malware Signature package then clean what comes up in the scan Then he said that I needed to enter safe mode delete all temp files delete everything in temp search for protection center and delete all of that then run the Microsoft Malicious software removal tool then run kaspersky s root kit I want a second opinion I don t wanna do all of that if I actually have this Alureon rootkit cause everything that I have read is telling me that there s really no point in doing it cause I m just going to have to scrub my hard drive Discuss

A:Windows Vista home basic win32\Alureon removal

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report Please download GMER from here disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic Full Scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply. DownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results here
Relevancy 81.27%

I am running Vista Home Basic w/ SP1 on a Compaq Presario SR2168HM w/ 2Gb Ram. I launched Windows Memory Diagnostics from the Start Menu. it discovered no problems on 2 passes. Now the Memory Diagnostics resides in the System Tray permanently. I can not seem to turn it off. I have tried to find it in System Config, Services, and Programs and Features. I can find no where to turn it off so that it will not stay on the Systray. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to turn it off with out doing a reinstall of Vista. I did a System Restore to a time just before I ran Memory Diagnostics to no avail. TIA for any help. BTW I am somewhat new to Vista. I have only been running it on this Computer for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Relevancy 81.27%

Windows Explorer has stopped working in Vista Home Basic.

In the administrator account
Have to hit Ctrl + ALt + Del to run programs. Dark screen

AVG 2012 says irp hook driver atapi problem hidden.

MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

A:Windows Explorer has stopped working in Vista Home Basic

Hello probably a rootkit.Can you run this?Please download mbr.exe and save it to the root directory, usually C:\ <- (Important!).Go to Start > Run and type: cmd.exepress Ok.At the command prompt type: c:\mbr.exe >>"C:\mbr.log"press Enter.The process is automatic...a black DOS window will open and quickly disappear. This is normal.A log file named mbr.log will be created and saved to the root of the system drive (usually C:\).Copy and paste the results of the mbr.log in your next reply.If you have a problem using the command prompt, you can just double-click on mbr.exe to run the tool.For the Explorer issue use How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair
Relevancy 81.27%

I am having some problems with my administrative acount. I am using windows vista home basic 32-bit. When I am on the account it seems to be normal for about 10 mins then suddenly everything crashes. Could someone help me with this problem?

A:windows vista home basic keeps crashing on administrative acount

does anyone think its a virus?
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone I am in desperate need of some assistance I've been running Windows Vista Home Basic for months with no problem Suddenly I start getting this pop-up error C DLL is either not designed to run on Vista Bad ***.exe Basic] files) [Windows Image Error (All Home Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor Bad Image Error (All ***.exe files) [Windows Vista Home Basic] for support I get Bad Image Error (All ***.exe files) [Windows Vista Home Basic] this error for all executable files i open Can someone please assist When I hit OK the files work as normal Its just that pop up error thats Almost forget have no current access to boot cd or anything when i bought this pc it came preloaded with windows vista home basic and I didnt get any boot cd with this I have tried running regcure exe and registrybooster exe full versions but still up to no avail Apologies if its a repost I have read a similar problem on a thread before but have got really lost in the technical jargons Can anyone please help - start from basics please Thank you Ravi

A:Bad Image Error (All ***.exe files) [Windows Vista Home Basic]

Update of the problem!!!

I managed to fix it manually without the need of any softwares. I noted down the adrress bar where the ***.dll files was and deleted it and presto

Thnx a lot, someone would have definately helped me out i know..

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I recently used my computer this morning and it was working fine I just then got home from school today and it was blue-screening on startup I tried switching the RAM sticks into the different slots there being only I reversed them That didn't work and I am confused on what to do now System specs AMD athlon X quad core processor ghz asus m a lt-m le motherboard xfx ati radeon hd gb graphics card western digital GB caviar black hard drive windows vista bit home basic corsair W PSU OCZ gold edition GB ddr RAM I am in a hurry to go to an Vista screen basic blue bit Windows home on startup Help! 64 important family event so I cannot really add any Help! Windows Vista 64 bit home basic blue screen on startup more information here if anything else is needed please reply and tell me ASAP as I am in dire need of a computer now since I have to Help! Windows Vista 64 bit home basic blue screen on startup catch up on projects for school Only thing I know about the blue screen is this Technical Information STIO X B XFFFFFFFFC XFFFFFA CA XFFFFFA FFFFA BE C Those may not be the correct characters in the screen but as soon as I get back I will post the picture of the blue screen I took with my digital camera

A:Help! Windows Vista 64 bit home basic blue screen on startup

Please follow these instructions:

The only things I can suggest without those dmps are anti-virus.
Relevancy 81.27%

This the 1st time I go to technical forum for help. Wish me luck in understanding all this technical jargon.

I have a dell inspiron 1501 laptop:
* running microsoft windows vista home basic operating system.
* Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 2002
* Has a AMD 64x2 processor.

1 update not installed - error 8024200D

* What do I need to do to correct this problem ! When should i do a system restore is this necessary to correct this problem.

A:Windows vista home basic - update error 8024200d

This may help.
Try with a clean boot and see and see if that helps
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If you have any other questions, just post. Ask as many as you like, we are here to help

There is also this from Microsoft
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi Folks,

It seems that for for Vista Home Basic there is no option to disable WMP in the windows options in the control panel. I never use WMP but if it gets started by accident it starts destroying all my album art.

Can any one tell me where the WMP executables are? I will rename them.

A:Disable Windows media Player in Vista Home Basic

Or you can get a free autokill program. I found that to be the simplest solution. I had WMP and mobsync.exe in my autokill list.

You can find them on freeware download sites. Try
and similar.
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a DELL Vostro 200.
4gig RAM/160gig HD
it was running fine for 2 years, then suddenly it began to hang for several seconds to even a minute, randomly. I booted up in safe mode and it seems fine. Ive run chkdsk and it reported no errors and i ran the hard disk diagnostic in Vista and no issues. I did notice that the event viewer keeps reporting an error id 7 and a bad block, alot! is my drive history? why no performance issues in safe mode?

Thanks in advance

A:Windows Vista Home Basic suddenly hangs randomly

hi if you post the info from your event viewer someone may be able to help you track down the issue you say you have run chkdsk have you run sfc /scnw also re safemode less things running while in safe mode
Relevancy 80.41%

I recently downgrade to windows 7 Pro from win 8.1 and cant seem to find the drivers for the usb. There is only 1 driver which is Intel(R) USB 3.0eXtensible Host Controlle. All the links in this forum no longer work. I hope someone can help Thanks

A:need usb drivers for 15-d035dx as I downgraded to windows 7

@FlatEarth4All? REO
Relevancy 80.41%

Hii have downgraded from windows to windows and looking for Etherment Network controller PCI SMB and USB controller driner The hardrware id's arePCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS to windows reuired, downgraded 7 Drivers F CPCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN EC Drivers reuired, downgraded to windows 7 amp DEV amp CC nbsp AND nbsp PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN C amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN C amp DEV amp CC AND nbsp PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC FF ANDPCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS F C amp REV APCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN amp DEV B amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV B amp CC C And nbsp PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS F CPCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC C respectively Please help RegardsArun Sabharwal

A:Drivers reuired, downgraded to windows 7

@arunsabharwal? Start with these. REO
Relevancy 80.41%

yea i just got this computer a few days ago and i bought metal of honor airborne it said that it was compatible with windows vista and i was able to install it on the computer but when i try to play it a box comes up saying that the video card is not supported. can you please help me?

and i already downloaded the directX for windows plz help

A:problems with metal of honor airborne on windows vista home basic

On the side of the box what is the min video/graphic requirements and what do you got in your new computer.
Relevancy 80.41%

I keep getting the error message: Calling ID has stopped working.

A:Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic: Calling ID has stopped working

hi this could be a conflict betwen your av and vista or some other prog
Relevancy 80.41%

My Compaq Presario SR WM Explorer corrupt Home system? my (32bit) Vista on Is Basic Windows is doing some strange things If you try to delete a file it sends it to the recycle bin but then sits there with the quot recycling quot window open forever At least for as long as I let it which so far has been hours If you try to cancel or shut down the window it goes to the quot canceling quot window and sits there forever The only way to make it stop is to do a CTRL-ALT-DELETE go to the Task Manager and tell it to force shutdown of the process At that point it shuts down Windows Explorer and restarts it The file or files are deleted but what is going on Does the same thing for renaming files Endless loops unless you force Windows Explorer to close This is awkward and time consuming at best I did a search for this kind of problem and the the result I got was to run SFC SCANNOW to find corrupted or damaged files and then reload them from the original Vista disk There is no original Vista disk Computer came without one from Wal Mart The scan is running as we type but what can I do if it finds corrupted files BTW I was going to do a System Recover but I don't know the Administrator password I never put one in when I got the system but there seems to one in place Now what Keith Is Windows Explorer corrupt on my Vista Home Basic (32bit) system?

A:Is Windows Explorer corrupt on my Vista Home Basic (32bit) system?

When you mention System Recover, are you talking about restoring to a System restore point? If so, you would run that from Safe Mode.
Relevancy 80.41%

Imagine yourself on a computer, listening to music. You are almost done with a song until it just stops in 20 seconds before it's done playing. Think you've had this problem well, don't think so because I have. Here's some advice for you:

1. Update your Realtek HD Audio Manager
2. Check your Device Manager
3. Do a "Disk Defragment"
4. Have a clean-up for your hard drive
5. Sometimes overheating may cause bad audio quality

This is all I can say right now. I hope you enjoy this...
Relevancy 80.41%

How to get a recovery files for Toshiba M100 licensed to Windows Vista Home Basic?

A:How to reinstall Satellite M100 licensed to Windows Vista Home Basic?

This is pretty old machine and I’m not sure if you can order original recovery disc for it.
You can check it on

What you can also do is to install own OS using original Microsoft installation disc. All necessary drivers, tools and utilities you can download from
Relevancy 80.41%

in my Lenovo laptop have GB hard disk when i purchased the system it have windows recovery feature of Windows Vista Home Basic then i have created another drive so recovery feature have been lost this was the think of previous a Basic) facing in volume Windows Vista when creating (Home problem year now before one months i changed drive facing problem when creating a volume in Windows Vista (Home Basic) size and deleted a partition then a MBR issue was came in my system and DVD writter are not working today i have installed Windows Vista Home Basic using a bootable pendrive now DVD writter facing problem when creating a volume in Windows Vista (Home Basic) read some CD's and some CD's show blank which have data it does not read any DVD in Disk Management it show a drive of GB show as a Free space in green color and a size of GB which may be size of windows recovery feature that has been lost and show with blue color when i right click on the free space that is size of facing problem when creating a volume in Windows Vista (Home Basic) GB to create a new volume at the end it give error there is not enough space avaliable on the disk s to complete this operation i also tried with GB space on this drive but it give same error when i right to a volume which have size of GB following option are enabled Changed drive letter and path Format Delete volume properties and help disabled option is open explore Mark partition as active extend volume shrink volume when i click to format it show a error- An unexpected error has occured Check the system Event log for more information on the error Close the disk management console then start the disk management or start the computer i also tried to create a new volume during windows installation but it give error when i create volume after formatting i have only format the entire disk perhaps it would be better option if during installation i have delete all the volumes and then creates all the volumes with equal sizes of GB to all three volumes but i was sacred if all the drive deletes and no one be create beacuse a simple volume is not create during installation i tried to create a new volume during installation presently in My Computer it show two drive C and D i want to create one another drive now my query is how use the space of GB and GB to create a new volume also suggest about DVD writter please help

A:facing problem when creating a volume in Windows Vista (Home Basic)

Try cleaning the HD.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi i have a hp pavillioin dv 6000 with a model number of dv 6605us and am with a vista home basic operating system and am having problems with the audio when i play music it plays but no sound is outputed but now i have an error message saying no audio output devices have been installed i have tried all possible solutions like re installing the audio drivers but none is working and i now cant even see sounds listed in the device manager please help me solve this am really frustrated thanks.

A:No audio output devices installed windows vista home basic

In device manager You've clicked VIEW/put a dot on Device By Type and you do not see Sound, Video and Game Controllers? And if you do see that and click its dropdown menu, there is no entry for Realtek High Definition Audio Controller? Where and how did you install the drivers then. Was realtek uninstalled by accident. Do you see anything in Control Panel as in Realtek HD Audio Manager??
Relevancy 80.41%

I have this problem with my Gateway T5056 desktop which had originally windows XP media center edition 2005 in it. I planned to upgrade it to vista home basic. So I checked with windows vista upgrade advisor and everything was good to go.
Every thing went well, all devices are working fine. But the only problem I am facing here is during startup. After passing BIOS screen its reaching at regular Microsoft Vista green bar moving and its not going anywhere after that. Sometimes it works okay but most of the time I have to forced shutdown it and select Last good known configuration and sometimes it worked from there.
Just want to mention here i reformatted this hard drive and its brand new vista installation. i tried resetting BIOS to default but did't help either.
Have anybody else got this problem too after upgrading to vista? Please suggest ? If you have any other question please feel free to ask ..

A:problem after upgrading Vista home basic from windows XP media center? please help

Have you installed any of the system drivers from the Gateway site?
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Windows Vista Home Basic, It was taken apart by my son who is obsessed about computers, And he did not take it apart to be fully ruined, all he did is take out 1 thing of memory out of 4 there is, and the hard drive he broke the data slot, and I am using a different vista hard drive to boot it up. And it only show the black screen with the dell startup and show bios under it in a sentence, and it says F2 for boot set up, and F12 for something else, I forget. And the thing wont let me hook up a keyboard, it will only give it power for 10th of a second. if you can help, please help.

A:My Windows Vista Home Basic computer wont boot up correctly.

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please run the on-board diagnostics <F12> and capture any error code or message you receive.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell
Relevancy 79.55%

My co-worker asked me to find drivers for his new laptop that he downgraded to 10) friend's Need Windows from laptop (downgraded for drivers Windows -bit from Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10) Windows I taught him how to install an OS and how to format drives using Gparted awhile back He apparently did that and put Windows on it At Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10) work he showed me a computer with a long list of drivers missing when I went into Devices and Printers and saw his system I am the only person that he trusts to find the drivers and install them This includes USB drivers I found one but I could not install it because no network driver and no USB drivers CD Drive works Thank Arceus I need to show up with a disc burned of all the drivers on Wednesday His computer is a HP -f wm and in Devices amp Printers clicking the computer shows this long list that he had to take a picture of and send me when I asked for the model number Ethernet Controller Network Controller PCI Data Acquisition amp Signal Procces PCI Encryption Decryption Controller SM Bus Controller Universal Serial Bus USB Controller Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Unknown Device Note He only has standard VGA driver for video atm I could not find a single driver There is a post on HP forums where a lady claimed to have found most of the drivers but I could not find a single one There were several replies with about or so more drivers which the OP claimed worked and said that anybody with the same model laptop to get them from there However all but one of the links to those drivers were broken links This was only a few months ago too

A:Need drivers for friend's laptop (downgraded from Windows 10)

The computer was designed for Windows 10 so it is entirely possible some of the drivers you want are not available for Windows 7.
Right click each device in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Look at the first line. Copy and paste that line into a Google search or you can go to and look up the Vendor and Device ID numbers to see what if any drivers are available.
Your USB drivers are probably for USB 3.0. USB 3.0 drivers are not native to Windows 7.
Relevancy 79.55%

I do not know why System Restore in my Windows Vista Home Basic system is not functioning properly. This means that I can not use System Restore because it is not working. I want to create a restore point on my computer before I try to install third-party visual themes on my computer.

The error says:

"The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working. For more information, view the event log. (0x81000202)"

What does this error mean? How can you fix it? What is the event log, and how can you view it? Can anyone help me and answer my questions?

A:Solved: System Restore does not function properly in Windows Vista Home Basic
Relevancy 79.55%

I am suffering a bout of duplications in my Windows Photo Gallery under Vista. I am getting duplicates, triplicates and quadruple versions of the original file.
Despite turning off all Autoplay media types to 'No Action', I get random duplicates when I try to enter update pictures from camera or memory chip through a USB port. There is no 'Enter Updates Only' option, and Microsoft says that this is unnecessary as
duplication is prevented. The duplicates however appear with 'copy' in the file name after the image numbering system. My preference is to view the memory contents via 'Computer' - select and open the port, and view, then copy and paste into Photo
Gallery.  Photo Gallery kicks in to view the chip correctly, but often/always (?) promptly uploads uncommanded. It did not used to do this, only in the last year or two.
What do I do, it is driving me crazy ?
Relevancy 79.55%

I have my cousins laptop - Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop - Model: PP41L, With Windows Vista Basic, abd am having issues...

Laptop reboots at the Windows Logon Screen when trying to log into windows. I can log into Windows through Safe mode (and with networking).

Been trying to get an error message off laptop, through BSOD, but reboots too quick to grab.

Have asked a mate and he has said that it refers to video drivers.

Logged into Safe Mode with networking, and tried to download drivers from Dell website, but errors come up with download half way through...

Tried to also re-install windows, using the dell re-installation disc, but unable to see DVD Drive...

Are you able to assist?

A:BSOD & restart loop at windows logon screen - Vista Home Basic

Try to Start in Safe Mode, once it does, Right click on My Computer Select Properties, then on the left pane select Advanced System Settings

Select the 3rd Settings option under Start-up & recovery.
Uncheck Automatically Restart

This wont help you in anyway to get rid of the issue but will buy you time to note down the BSOD error.
Relevancy 79.12%

Drivers Missing After Installation of 32 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
HP EliteBook 8460p Base Model Notebook PC
Model #: WX562AV
[personal information removed]
1.Base Device Driver
PCI Slot 2 (PCI bus 36, device 0, function 1)

1. unknown Devices
One says This

2. Unknown Device
Relevancy 78.69%

It has been 7 8) Realtek from - drivers (downgraded not Windows PCIe found a long time since posted on these forums I don't know what has changed but i am back I am very rusted on repairing and troubleshooting computers I guess my experiences have worn out Anyways my mother has a computer she bought from Walmart and was preinstalled with Windows I've managed to downgrade to Windows Now the problem is i can't seem to get or find the correct network adapter driver I want to install the driver so i can use Windows software to locate other drivers automatically My mother's computer is HP - wb Any help would be very appreciated I thought i can do this as i did in the past but this is now a problem i lost experience with A rd party software says it is a Realtek Semiconductor RTL PCIe Fast Ethernet Adapter So i assume that is Realtek PCIe drivers not found - Windows 7 (downgraded from 8) the driver name I tried searching but no prevail I installed Windows and no drivers were installed Can't install because of no quot internet connection quot Yes the ethernet is plugged in and my service is available as i am currently typing from my Macbook Pro as we speak And playing Destiny Multitasking here Anyways help is appreciated

A:Realtek PCIe drivers not found - Windows 7 (downgraded from 8)

hi, post the hardware id's

might find it hard to find the drivers if the computer was shipped with win 8. not all computer can be downgraded
Relevancy 78.69%

i absolutely hate the windows 8 interface so i downgraded to windows 7... now drivers won't work. optical drive and wifi won't work. i used a bootable usb to downgrade

have dell inspiron 15-3537 i3-4010u 1.7ghz. PLS help.. just about ready to chuck this outta the window

A:need some consoling, downgraded frm windows 8 to 7 drivers wont work

You need to go to the dell inspiron 15-3537 i3-4010u support page and download the right drivers
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I recently bought an ASUS N JR and downgraded from the installed Windows home and to Windows Installing N56JR 7 Drivers ASUS Downgraded bit to Windows pro bit I went down the problem list in the device manager and searched hardware IDs to get Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers all of the problems resolved but I know that there are still drivers to be installed I also installed all of the nearly Windows updates I'm not sure Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers how to properly do that for devices that aren't showing up with a problem For example the keyboard NVIDIA geforce gtx m card and bluetooth don't show a problem in device manager but the keys don't light up dxdiag only shows the Intel card and the bluetooth can't connect to anything but it can Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers be found I know those still need work because there are obvious problems associated but I don't know what other less obvious driver issues I could have that are less apparent Is there some way to check for devices that aren't showing up in the manager Also I foolishly uninstalled and unknown device instead of just the driver and it disappeared from the list How can I get that back I was planning to just force updates that I can find on devices that the manager thinks are working properly but I know better but I wanted to check if there was a better actually correct way to go about this

A:Downgraded ASUS N56JR to Windows 7 and Installing Drivers

Have you checked with Asus?  I always get my drivers from the motherboard manufacturer.  Any other source is likely to be problem laden.
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, Im using a HP Pavilion Pavilion dv7.  Missing alot of drivers, including all network adapters.  The ones from HP support did not work.  Could you give me a link for this? PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103CPCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_028000 PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&CC_0280

A:Downgraded to windows 7 from 8.1 mising now im missing drive...

Hi: You need this driver... This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink Wireless LAN Controllers in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp57538.exe
Relevancy 78.69%

I bought a fujitsu s6231 notebook computer. It had a non-valid copy of windows vista. I want to install a copy of Windows XP Pro, so it is back to its RTM state. But when I boot from the disk, it says it cant read the disc or the disc is not a genuine Windows disc. I can assure you it is valid. so I researched and came to the conclusion that i need to wipe the hard drive and boot from the disc again. Am I correct? i also downloaded all the drivers I need, but how will i install these drivers on the notebook? unfortunately, I cannot get my money back for the notebook. I would appreciate any advice on this, I think Im going to use Darik's Noot and Nuke to wipe the hard drive and start over, is this a good idea?

A:Bought a notebook computer online and it came with a pirated version of windows vista home basic

use a flash drive and install the drivers and i dont think boot and nuke is necesary you can if you want but when you reinstall windows it will format it.
Relevancy 78.69%

My PC gives a very long beep when it starts up. But it does start up. More over, it automaticall types the / character in the password field sometimes.
sometimes behaves upnormally by not letting to type any character....
Y is it so?

A:Beep Sound while Booting Dell Inspiron 1525 windows vista home basic

Try running the Dell Diagnostics Test (the full version) to see if it detects any problems. Here's how: How to Run the Dell. If it does, contact Dell Support for assistance (there's a link near the bottom of the above article).

I hope this helps. If the test comes back completely clean, then post back and we'll try something else (or if your computer is still under warranty, contact Dell Support anyway as they should be happy to assist you and know more about your computer than we do).

Good luck!
Relevancy 78.26%

I had a bunch of viruses on my computer and I kept getting more because one of missing drivers. 7 premium home bit windows 64 Reinstalled them hijacked mcafee preventing me from turning it back on I tried to restore my system to an earlier date but all the restore dates were too recent so I decided to Reinstalled windows 7 home premium 64 bit missing drivers. reinstall windows I didnt have the disk any more so I downloaded it to a usb drive I succesfully installed it but when I logged in I noticed it looked completely different The bottom bar was much larger then it was before The screen looks zoomed in and the shortcuts are all much bigger and when I go into control panel or computer the windows take up the entire screen and cant be made smaller only minimized Could I have downloaded a wrong version of windows I also failed to realize that I would need to install all new drivers and was very confused when I couldn't connect to the internet I tried to install the drivers by looking them up with the network cards ven id but it says they aren't supported on my device Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what I am doing If it helps I have a dell xps

A:Reinstalled windows 7 home premium 64 bit missing drivers.

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .... Looks like you need to start again and do a Clean Install ...

Follow the Tutorial below to get the perfect Insulation ..
It contains every thing you need including the ISO ...
Once you have done that and can connect to the net .. Run Windows Updates ..

Any Drivers that are missing after that ... Can be found in the Link below ....

Product Support | Dell US
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys, my hardrive burnt up so I went to a computer repair shop to see if He could check it out, when we were 100% it was done for he had a blank laptop hard drive he could sell me with a burnt windows 7 disk or charge 75$ extra to install it for me. I of course took the blank HD with the installation disk and went home and started it, but when I started the installation I got to the part where it requires drivers but it didn't find any on the disk.

My question is, since I'm going to have to get drivers, can I use a flashdrive to install the drivers? And if so, do I have to format the flashdrive or anything so it will read the drivers?

A:Installing windows 7 home premium on blank HD, missing drivers.

Quote: Originally Posted by Techmans

Yes you can use your flash drive for provide drivers to the windows 7 setup. It does not need to format but you have to locate the driver files to Windows setup.
See more details about

Is there any chance that you know specifically which drivers I need to download, just so that I can get the hard drive going and be able to get online so that I can auto update the rest of the drivers?

The laptop itself is a...
Hp Pavilion g7 Notebook
Product number A7A44UA#ABA

I downloaded the graphics and audio drivers, along with the wifi one, but are there any that it absolutely has to have in order to work? I've read elsewhere about a chipset driver, but I cannot find it on the HP website.

Once I get it started i'll be using public wifi to get the rest of the drivers as well via auto update im assuming, or I can just download the rest as i see fit.
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I'm having a problem while trying to do a clean install of windows vista home premium Every time I click install now when it comes up I can this message quot A required cd dvd drive device driver is missing Plug in the cd dvd ect with the needed drivers now quot I have a clean never used western Digital Caviar black tb install windows while trying drivers missing to device cd/dvd premium home SATA HDD a gigabyte GA-EP missing cd/dvd device drivers while trying to install windows home premium -DS L Mobo and a LG multi DVD rewriter Model GSA H L From my understanding its not the cd dvd driver it reads the install cd just fine up until then but the the SATA Raid drivers or something else that aren't being detected I've tried messing around with turning the AHCI on and off and switching from missing cd/dvd device drivers while trying to install windows home premium legacy to Native Ide ports But nothing worked The same thing was happening even when I had the HDD hooked up to a IDE SATA converter and plugged into an IDE port and as far as I know the aren't any SATA Drivers missing cd/dvd device drivers while trying to install windows home premium offered for my motherboard at the gigabyte site Any help would be greatly appreciated I just wanna get this thing working Thx

A:missing cd/dvd device drivers while trying to install windows home premium

From this page:

To enable hot plug capability for the SATA connectors controlled by the ICH9 South Bridge, you must install Windows Vista (on ICH9, hot plug is supported in Windows Vista only) and configure the SATA connectors for AHCI mode. (Refer to manual Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," "Integrated Peripherals," for details on enabling AHCI.)
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey all,

I recently downgraded my Gateway Notebook MT6841 ( from Vista to XP... for obvious reasons.

I was thrilled to find out that they dont supply drivers for the Mobo's Video card, audio, and modem drivers for XP. Here's links to their site.

VISTA DRIVERS: Vista (32-bit)

Anyone think they can help me locate the xp versions of the drivers?

A:Downgraded from Vista to XP - Cant find drivers

Found the drivers. Was a long, gruelling process but got it done.
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all,

I just downgraded from Vista to XP on my HP Pavilion dv2810ca laptop and lost all of my drivers. Definitely should have done more research before I did that.

Anyways, I've been looking all over the internet all day and I'm having a really hard time finding all the drivers I need. On the HP support site I can only find Vista drivers, so I'm wondering if it's even possible to run XP on this thing.

Any suggestions? Here's a link to the specs of my laptop:

Thanks for any help!

A:Downgraded from Vista to XP and lost all drivers

Is that a 64 bit version of XP that you installed?
Relevancy 76.97%

I recented acquired a toshiba satellite l650-01H which came with an illegal copy of Windows 7
I downgraded to Windows Vista and the network controller driver was not compatible. I downloaded DriverScanner
from Uniblue and updated all my drivers and now my keyboard and mousepad won't work so I can't
even log into my computer now.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this?

A:Solved: Downgraded Windows, downloaded drivers, keyboard mouse now not working
Relevancy 73.1%

_default.pif is missing from my computer. i dont know where its meant to be but it isnt there. i think its meant to be in c/windows/
theres a shortcut to it there but it wont work cuz _default.pif is missing. does any one have it?

Relevancy 73.1%

I'm trying to remove windows components in the add/remove programs area, but there is no option for it in there. Any ideas on how to get it back so i can remove Windows Mail?

thanks in advance

Relevancy 72.67%

Hey Guys,
Have an XPS one that came with Vista Home and wanted to "UPGRADE" to XP MCE 2005. Everything is functionable except the touch panel and some of the functions on the right side of the keyboard (eject, volume, media center functions). Any ideas on what to do? Dell only supplies drivers for Vista.

A:Driver issues with xp media center edition 2005 (downgraded from vista home)

Yeah that's not an upgrade. Your can try googling for drivers and you may find some. But more and more modern computers aren't coming with XP drivers. XP is an old and aged OS and is on the way out.

I am curious of why you felt the need to take that step back though. There is nothing in XP MCE that isn't in Vista Home Premium.
Relevancy 72.24%

Please advice on the performance comparison between
- Windows 7 Home Basic versus
- Windows 7 Home Premium
assuming if both uses the same 8GB RAM.

Just a hearsay...that Windows 7 Home Basic is lagging behind Windows 7 Home Premium in terms of performance assuming if both uses the same 8GB RAM. Please confirm whether this is true or not.

By the way, how to activate the Windows Aero in Windows 7 Basic???

A:Performance comparison btw. Windows 7 Home Basic versus Home Premium

Hello cheesum and welcome to Seven Forums.

Last question first. This tutorial may help enable Aero. Please note that there is no way to enable transparency on Windows Home Basic.

Aero - Enable in Unsupported Editions of Windows 7

As far as performance, I have not been able to find any specific "speed" tests to say one way or the other.

Difference Between Windows 7 Home Basic and Home Premium | Difference Between | Windows 7 Home Basic vs Home Premium

But if Basic and Home Premium are run on two identical machines (not just identical RAM, but also identical hard drive/hard drive speed, identical CPU, identical programs and apps installed, etc) I would give a very slight performance advantage to Basic simply because it doesn't have the same amount of features that Home Premium has. Fewer features to load usually equals faster performance. But I think any performance advantage would be so slight it wouldn't make any appreciable difference.

I did find some comments comparing Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional.

performance difference 7 home premium vs. 7 professional? - Microsoft Community

Of course, others may completely disagree with my thoughts and that's cool. Healthy discussion and debate is welcomed.
Relevancy 71.81%

A full-featured Windows Aero to Starter and Windows Home Basic nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by hb My friend Mr dUSHA who helped me with Personalization Panel found a way to include the full personalization of Windows Starter and Windows Home Basic With one click you turn to any of these systems of digits Aero transparency and buns like Win Tab Flip D Aero Peek and Aero Shake - will work Application theme files themepack files and msstyles files Change of wallpaper including the automatic change of wallpaper 7 and Windows Basic Home Windows A full-featured 7 Starter to Aero The full color design Support for third-party themes - you can install any topic what you like In short you can transform your Windows Home or Windows Home Basic to a full Windows Ultimate A full-featured Windows 7 Aero to Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic Further instructions on using and demo video of Windows Initial unlocked with Aero How to enable Aero and personalization on the Windows Home Basic and Windows Starter If you have a panel of Winreview ru remove it and Personalization Panel DWM Controller if you have it installed - it will hinder you Download the patch from Mr dUSHA Install it then the computer automatically restarts Everything You will select quot Personalize quot from the context menu and all of the above functions The video below demonstrates Windows Start with personalization unlocked Winreview ru - Microsoft Windows

A:A full-featured Windows 7 Aero to Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic

In english

Windows 7 Starter Aero Patch

Vishal-Gupta on deviantART

A Guy
Relevancy 71.38%

Please help, My friend Wants to Buy Windows 7 Ultimate but first wants to try the 30-day trial version. He's using an HP laptop with Windows Home Basic 64-bit OS. He is wondering how to do this so in turn I am asking you guys out here right now. Does it need a clean install? He already downloaded a retail dvd for the Windows 7 Ultimate OS ISO. Also one of his concerns is that there is an image backup of his OS with the system factory settings, we're both wondering if it would still be accessible (it's on a different hdd partition) once he successfully installs the Ultimate OS.

He's doing this at first, and then he's planning to try out Windows 7 Professional next and then decide which to Buy to replace his original OS.

We'd really appreciate any feedback about this.

A:How to Install Windows 7 Ultimate on a laptop with Windows Home Basic

Im afraid there is no trial of Ultimate, just Enterprise
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I just bought a Dell z Ultrabook i - U Processor GB DDR Mhz RAM GB SSD Nvidia GeForce Remove Pre-installed and Basic Home Install 7 Windows 8 Windows GT M GB card etc pre-installed with Windows not PRO I have been using it for a couple of weeks and I just hate it I know I know some of us don t want to learn new things or be forced to change our ways just because Remove Pre-installed Windows 8 and Install Windows 7 Home Basic of some corporate s whim That being said I have searched quite a bit online and still haven t found a reliable resource which can help me remove Windows completely and install Windows Home Basic Have received a lot of contradictory advise Dell did not give me a Windows installation disk Just a drivers CD I have the old Windows Home Basic installation disk and drivers Also I have already activated If someone asks me to stick with Windows or give benefits of over or tell me to install stuff like Classic Shell it would be a total waste Can someone give me a step by step guide or a link which has everything explained Regards Spinning nbsp Remove Pre-installed Windows 8 and Install Windows 7 Home Basic

A:Remove Pre-installed Windows 8 and Install Windows 7 Home Basic

First, where did you get this OLD Windows 7 Home Basic install disk?
Relevancy 71.38%

Hie everone

I have new windows 7 home basic intstalled on some PCs and i want to connect to a printer connected to a computer installed xp service pack 3. Every time i try to connect i receive an error which says " Access dinied/no permissions etc". Other computers on the network with xp prints without problem.

The windows 7 computer is on a workgroup and the windows xp machines are on a domain since Home basic join a domain, but i have given both the workgroup and domain the same name.

I also manage these computers on a server with windows 2000 installed

Anyone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT tech

A:Windows 7 Home basic can't connect to printer attached on windows xp

Hi -

Information from Microsoft re: printer sharing -

From How to Geek -

Regards. . .

Relevancy 70.52%

I have windows 7 home basic pre-installed on my pc and i want to install windows 7 ultimate.
Now i do have a windows 7 ultimate dvd, so my question is how to install it? Do i need to do a clean install or something else...

A:Q] Upgrade from windows 7 home basic to windows 7 ultimate using dvd

No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to