Windows Support Forum

Reinstalling Windows Problem

Q: Reinstalling Windows Problem

Right heres the problem - I've been trying to reinstall windows xp sp2 on my SATA drive for the last 2 days and its not working. It either stops at 34 minutes or it will go past that and to about 15 minutes then ill get a blue screen of death. I'm a bit stumped because i've done this before so i dont know what i've done differently - except that was a PATA drive. It's driving me nuts so any thoughts or advice anybody could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Reinstalling Windows Problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Reinstalling Windows Problem

Reset CMOS settings to default
And possibly run Memtest on your Ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalling-windows-problem.112849/
Relevancy 50.74%

While trying to reinstall vista I get an error saying:

To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, and then click OK.

Note: The installation media can be a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.

I get the same error while trying to install Windows 7. Oh also when I install xp it doesn't recognize 170GB of my harddisk. Its there in disk management but cant see it my computer. So every time I install xp I have to format that 170 GB..

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks for help.

A:Problem reinstalling VISTA & problem installing Windows 7

anyone ????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-vista-problem-installing-windows-7.829347/
Relevancy 50.31%

My uncle has a Dell Dimension desktop and just installed a network card and got dsl and soon after installing dsl his computer had several problems I ran Adaware and deleted all of the Spyware and ran a Virus scan and deleted all of the viruses and his computer was still having a problem so my uncle tried to reinstall Windows XP and this is the Windows HELP Reinstalling XP problem....PLEASE problem that I am Reinstalling Windows XP problem....PLEASE HELP posting here He ran the cd to reinstall Windows XP and it was installing Windows and it said that it would be complete in approximately minutes the screen keeps moving telling us what is being installed then starts installing devices and flashes to a blue Stop error screen I read the screen and was going to do what it told me to but every time I restart the computer either in Safe Mode or Normal Mode it always goes back to the Windows setup and won t let me uninstall any of the software Below is the screen that keeps popping up and won t let us complete the Windows installation please read this and let us know what to do Thanks A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Bad Pool Caller If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x C x x CD x xE E Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have been trying to help out my neighbor who has an IBM Thinkpad T notebook part WXV It has been having multiple issues over the past month including taking approximately minutes to boot up minutes to get online once a browser is selected to be opened and freezing constantly I ran a Hard Drive Test in the Bios and it came back with quot Read Verification Failed quot Error I checked under the xp windows problem reinstalling with Boot Priority Tab and the system DOES recognize the hard drive I tried running it under quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot When the C prompt came up I ran quot CHKDSK quot and got the following errors quot File record segment is unreadable problem with reinstalling windows xp quot So far there's been about file record segments its found that are unreadable and it's still going at the top it says this WARNING F parameter not specified Running CHKDSK in read-only mode CHKDSK is verifying files stage of so far done with stage also i notice it's finding the quot file record segments quot in sets of for example segments - - etc etc Then it finally said this quot Errors found CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode quot and i have a C again So my friend who works for Intel told me I needed to do a clean wipe and reinstall the OS to try and fix the hard drive etc I did so through hitting Ctrl F after restarting and choosing quot Restore quot However I got this error then Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt System Drivers Ntfs sys Now the machine will not boot at all Instead it takes me to a screen asking if I want to boot in Safe mode etc since Windows didn't shut down properly No matter which option I choose I get a Blue Screen of Death that basically says A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and formatted Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP I can t read all the numbers etc I have no clue what to do from here I am assuming I am either missing drivers or have corrupt drivers that need to be fixed Can someone please help Thanks

A:problem with reinstalling windows xp

Also, he has XP with Service Pack 3 if that is helpful or necessary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-reinstalling-windows-xp-685564.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok i am having serious problems, I have a custom built computer, Intel 915GAV board, western digital 200gb harddrive, p4 3.2 Ghz 640, and 1 gb of memory. The problem is, i put the windows disk into the driver and hit the intall button, the computer reboots and up comes the screen where you go into set up, i go into the set up screen and hit esc to install a fresh copy of xp which then takes me to a screen showing my harddrive partition, this where it gets tricky. It says to delete the partition, or install windows on that partition over the old copy, I thought that was bad? Anyway how do I delete the partition, I hit D to delete it and it tells me cannot delete partition because it has temporary setup files need on it to complete the install, What do i do please help

A:Problem Reinstalling Windows XP

are you trying to upgrade or do a clean install?
If clean install then just boot from the CD instead and you shouldn't have problems with temp files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp.446041/
Relevancy 50.31%

OK guys, my computer is slow and i felt it was time to reinstall windows.

so i went to "update and recovery" and selected reinstall Windows, it said there was missing files and i needed my Windows CD (Windows 8 Pro CD), so i insert the CD and a message, cant exactly remember what the message says but its basically saying its the wrong media!

I read somewhere that there is a problem reinstalling windows if you had installed Windows 8 from a CD and then upgraded to Windows 8.1 from the Windows store (which i did)...is this true?

Is there anything i can do??

A:Problem reinstalling Windows 8

Originally Posted by Johnd76

so i went to "update and recovery" and selected reinstall Windows, it said there was missing files and i needed my Windows CD (Windows 8 Pro CD), so i insert the CD and a message, cant exactly remember what the message says but its basically saying its the wrong media!

If you don't have an OEM PC that came with Windows 8 preinstalled and you updated Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, then when you refresh or reset Windows, it will reinstall Windows 8.1, but only if you have Windows 8.1 USB/DVD installation media.

Note: You must insert Windows 8.1 USB/DVD installation media.

If you don't insert any installation media or if you insert Windows 8 USB/DVD installation media, then you receive the following error message (see screenshot below).

edit:

Create installation media for Windows 8.1

Take a look at this post: link

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43386-problem-reinstalling-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

me and my friend where trying to fix his computer and it was working before i reformatted it i figured i could reinstall windows but when i try i get boot mgr is missing and it will not go to windows xp installation setup any help is apreciated :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalling-windows-xp-problem-365120.html
Relevancy 50.31%

so dont laugh at me windows with reinstalling 7 problem im new to the forums So i dl w off my schools website and a burn it to a dvd r I install w but i clicked the wrong install and it made a file on my c drive saying quot windows old quot i think which was everything from xp and my hard drive wasnt wiped out I put that file into the recycle bin thinking that would help but some files were not able to delete properly Since it didn't wipe out the problem with reinstalling windows 7 hd like i wanted i reinstalled xp which worked fine and it wiped out my hard drive like i wanted I put in my windows dvd problem with reinstalling windows 7 back in thinking i could reinstall it with no problems and get what i wanted but now problem with reinstalling windows 7 my w wont boot from the cd like it did the first time and when i try and run the setup i get this error message saying quot windows was unable to create the required installation folder quot with an error code of x I am wondering if i deleted some kinda folder that i cant get back or what I have tried new dvds and burning them at lower speeds Sorry for the wall of text also

A:problem with reinstalling windows 7

What speed did you burn the DVD at?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110836-problem-reinstalling-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Just recently I tried to reboot my computer when it got stuck in a cycle of rebooting itself Everytime I tried to start it it Reinstalling Windows Problem would take me to the Problem Reinstalling Windows screen asking if I wanted to boot with safemode last known good configuration etc I tried booting in safemode but it didn t work I tried doing all of them but none of them were successful either I decided it would probably be easier to just reinstall Windows and get a brand new start So I popped in my Windows XP disk booted from the CD and heres the tricky part When I press quot enter quot to continue with the installation a message in the bottom says quot Examining MB Disk at Id on bus on atapi quot and Problem Reinstalling Windows stays there I ve had to reinstall windows before Problem Reinstalling Windows and I don t remember it ever getting stuck on this stage Maybe I m being impatient But I left it on overnight to see if it was just a long process but the computer still had it on in the morning Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks again Matt nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Windows Problem XP with reinstalling I'm having a problem reinstalling Windows XP I saw your tutorial on reinstalling Windows the one titled quot A Guide to Installing Windows XP quot in the articles and tip index section and I got to the part where it Problem with reinstalling Windows XP was showing figure I got the instructions on reinstalling windows from a different source though and there wasn't a warning about not pressing anything after the computer restarted After restarting the computer it showed the typical way my computer starts black screen with a couple of options including Press F to and Press F to go to set-up Since I was waiting for the screen to show any instructions on what I should do to complete the reinstallation process and it didn't I just clicked F the one that took me to the part where I get to choose where to boot from before again I think at that point I pressed the 'press any key to boot from cd' since there didn't seem to be any other options available After that a blue screen appeared and told me set-up has been restarted or something similar to that What followed after that is this error message STOP c a fatal system error The Windows logon process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc f x System has shut down I thought it must be because Windows was not properly reinstalled so I tried to see if there's a way to start from scratch but after restarting the computer same thing happens The black screen with options to press F F to do certain task appears I clicked on F the black screen with long lines of white text appears and at the bottom there's the quot boot from cd quot quot press any key to boot from cd quot option My brain's feeling a little foggy now though so I'm sorry if I've missed out on some details that may be important in relation to my concern By the way my desktop is running on Windows XP Service Pack and the processor is Intel Pentium hope I got the meaning of processor right Hope you can help me out Thanks

A:Problem with reinstalling Windows XP

This sounds like the media you have is corrupt? What are you using to re-isntall windows from? Is this a home built machine or shop bought?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-reinstalling-windows-xp-448101.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys, i have my moms computer, 7 years old, preinstalled with xp home. no disk. I formatted then get an error that says, "setup was unable to verify drive c, computer may not have enough memory to examine the drives or cd may contain corrupted files. I used this disk recently and it worked fine. Any ideas what the problem could be???

A:problem reinstalling windows xp

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822796I would check the disk/CD first...then move on to system components.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227761/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp/
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried to reinstall and got the following message from the Windows CD: "Set up did not find any hard drives installed in your comp. Make sure any hard drives are powered on and properly connected to your comp and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup program." What now?

A:Reinstalling Windows Problem

Sounds like you are installing on SATA drive, there is an additional step:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_install_windows_xp_on_a.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-windows-problem.651546/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there I got into a bad situation I got two partition see on the picture i was installed a win onto the C After a year maybe i had some troubles or idk why but i begin to install win again And for some reason i was not able to install win on C again So i just installed it do D And now i trying to format my whole hard drive and install win on it But when i trying to boot from the dvd i tryied with different copyes it boots in but only a command prompt appear and nothing hapen I searched for that error and found this SSD HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation But when i try to type anything into the cmd window its looks like this quot x L R E quot Also the I i button doesnt works and if i press the C button its like i press an enter Also i have to use a PS keyboard instead of an USB one because i got a special BIOS because of video card detection problems and the USB ports just doesnt works in some part of booting I can use USB keyboard in BIOS boot like press F to booting menu but for example if you got more windows installed and its asks you to chose wich one to boot at those screen the USB keyboard not working again View image win The picture says that my C drive is my primary but indeed my windows is on D So it doesnt let me to format any of the partitions

A:Reinstalling windows 7 problem

Can I ask for a link and a description of where you downloaded this Windows 7 Installer.

Also is there a recovery disk that came with your PC, or a piece of software on there that will create it for you? if so those recover the OS and basic drivers that came with the computer and I recommend using that disk to reinstall the OS. I have done exactly that on other computers in the past.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251088-reinstalling-windows-7-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all,

I am reinstalling windows xp on a notebook as i am selling it.. as notebooks dont have cd drives i have found the copy of xp on the C drive under the folder 1386 and used WININ32.. is started installing windows but stopped halfway because it said Nokia installer was suspended and couldnt continue.. i have now managed to remove nokia but when i go to install windows again the installer opens and saying "gathering required information" the geen progress bars come up.. but after that the box goes and nothing happens.. any ideas?

Thanks

A:Reinstalling windows xp problem

it's not possible to install XP system on C drive from the files that are in C. you have to make a copy on the CD or flash drive and boot up from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-windows-xp-problem.1034393/
Relevancy 50.31%

I attempted to reinstall Windows XP on my computer and it seemed to be going through the process fine until one point when its "Installing Devices" and it said there were 33minutes left and it just froze. So I turned off the surge protectoer in order to turn off my computer and when it went to start up it continued where it left off and froze again. So I tried to restart in Safe Mode but it said that could not be done and restarted back to the frozen screen. Any idea what I could possibly do about this problem?

A:Problem reinstalling Windows XP

Could be a faulty piece of hardware or the BIOS settings are off. Is anything overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp.38130/
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried to reinstall XP on my Dell Dimension 8400. After I reach the screen WINDOWS XP SETUP, and see TO SET UP WINDOWS NOW click enter I click enter and see a message that states my hard drive is not there/working. This is the computer I am typing this on it works but it is slow on the task manager there are no open programs but the CPU usage fluxuates wildly from 10 to 70% and it makes the noise like there are a lot of open programs running. Any ideas to help me?

thanks

A:Problem reinstalling windows XP help please

I tried to reinstall again here is the message I receive.

Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct this may include running a manufacture supplied diognostic or setup program.

Setup cannot continue to quit setup press F3.

I then press F3 and the computer reboots into windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp-help-please.694197/
Relevancy 50.31%

My hard XP reinstalling Windows Problem drive crashed last week leaving a message on a black Problem reinstalling Windows XP screen disk read error I contacted tech support and they said that the hard drive might be bad and that I should try reformating it with the Windows XP disk I tried reinstalling Win XP The first time I reformated the disk it took several hours but the program would not install The second time Problem reinstalling Windows XP it also took several hours and I got a complex message Problem reinstalling Windows XP about some problems A short version of the highlights of the info is included below KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Technical info STOP x A xE D xC C xBF A x CE Physical memory dumped I have two questions Should I simply try one more time to reinstall Win XP Is it possible to reformat the hard drive in DOS mode resulting in any bad sectors being isolated as unusable but the rest of the drive space being formated as usable sorry this is so confusing Hope it makes sense to someone barcar Computer Dell Dimension nbsp

barcar1 said:

My hard drive crashed last week leaving a message on a black screen 'disk read error'.

I contacted tech support and they said that the hard drive might be bad and that I should try reformating it with the Windows XP disk.

I tried reinstalling Win XP. The first time I reformated the disk, it took several hours, but the program would not install. The second time, it also took several hours and I got a complex message about some problems. A short version of the highlights of the info is included below.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical info:

STOP: 0x0000007A (0xE10226D4, 0xC000009C, 0xBF9A5046, 0x02CE8860)

Physical memory dumped.

I have two questions: Should I simply try one more time to reinstall Win XP?
Is it possible to reformat the hard drive in DOS mode resulting in any bad sectors being isolated as unusable but the rest of the drive space being formated as usable?

sorry this is so confusing. Hope it makes sense to someone...

barcar1

Computer: Dell Dimension 4400Click to expand...

Disconnect everything in your computer except the CD-ROM the hard drive and the video card (i.e., disconnect the other drives and or devices and take out any add in cards). Try installing again, but don't format the drive or use quick format.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp.486372/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a year old Dell Dimension 8400 and I just replaced my harddrive. I am trying to install windows xp on it, but I am running into a problem. The computer recognizes the harddrive, I run the partition, and after formating the harddrive, my computer automatically reboots. At that point I am in the same spot I was before, my only option being to reboot from cd again, and reinstalling xp a second time. I am running around in circles. Any help would be great!

A:Problem Reinstalling Windows Xp

Does it get to the stage where it copies over files? Normally, it does this right after the format.It looks like this.... http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/installxp/install_8.gifAfter that, your system will reboot and you should ensure that the install CD is not left in the CD drive.At least that's what I remember....What type of hard disk did you install?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63766/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have been running this computer for over a Windows reinstalling Problem XP year without a problem Then I decided to activate the Fax Services Component for Windows During the activation process I received a message to insert the Windows disk I did this and shortly I received Problem reinstalling Windows XP the following message INDENT quot Setup cannot copy the file fxservent dl quot I click cancel and ended the program I then tried to run the install program again The samething happened Except this time the message said INDENT quot Setup cannot copy the file fxsperf in quot I again clicked Cancel I decided I would reinstall Windows and try to repair the program I put the Windows CD in and booted from the CD During the reinstall repair I received this message INDENT quot Setup cannot copy the Problem reinstalling Windows XP html cn file quot I canelled the reinstallation repair and now need help I am running Windows XP Professional SP with all of the updates current What can I do to fix this problem Thanks

It's very possible that your XP CD is damaged or dirty. Have you tried cleaning the CD? Or, can you borrow someone else's CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp-100735.html
Relevancy 49.88%

when attempting to reinstall Windows 2000, the security codes, etc. all work fine. The reinstallation abruptly halts stating that a program is in the process of installing and must be completed prior to the reinstallation of Win 2000. I do not know what problem is in the process of installing. Is there a way to stop this program's installation, even though I do not know what it is?

A:reinstalling Windows 2000 - problem

You should have done a repair not a reinstall of the OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-windows-2000-problem.244361/
Relevancy 49.88%

k so my pc was runnin slow at first i tryed windows update that installed find but didnt help the problem so I decided to reinstall windows thru a boot disk after doing this and selecting the repair option so i wouldnt lose my files on the pc Strange windows after reinstalling Problem XP reinstalled itself My pc is now running as fast as it should be only problem being My desktop and user settings have gone however if i go to C Documents and Settings Old User Name Desktop The files and Strange Problem after reinstalling windows everything I had there is still there Everything I Strange Problem after reinstalling windows had installed in program files is still there aswell but most applications games either get a error saying not installed properly crash my comp or just not work at all a couple of things work like firefox tho all my bookmarks are gone If i go to add remove programs none of the stuff that shows up in program files is there at all Everything that was on MY HD is still there just in diffrent places I have tryed creating a username same as the old one but that didnt do anything So do I have to uninstall everything and reinstall it again or is there a way i can fix this Thanks My system is as follows dunno if it makes any diff but yea AMD ATHLON XP ghz GB of ram Strange Problem after reinstalling windows Radeon XP Pro SP Any help would be great nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys The motherboard had to be replaced only a few months after my purchase of this DELL system and the computer was still running slowly and giving me weird problems and general slowness so a few weeks after that 7 them, Windows of Problem up two with both reinstalling bad!) (ended repair I decided to reinstall Windows for the first time I backed up Problem reinstalling Windows 7 (ended up with two of them, both bad!) the important files and deleted nearly all user files I put the Windows disc that came with the computer into the drive It said something about installing windows and I said okay and left I didn't pay any attention but I think it was a black screen and some white writing on the left and presumably it was gonna go through various steps to reinstall so I went Problem reinstalling Windows 7 (ended up with two of them, both bad!) to watch Problem reinstalling Windows 7 (ended up with two of them, both bad!) TV and came back fifteen minutes later later I realized my computer was restarting and I thought that was odd cause kind of fast Then in windows boot manager window I saw two quot windows quot links I did not do anything but it already chose the top one and said windows is starting but few secs later a sudden flash of a blue screen with some small writing on it less than one sec and it went back to windows boot manager Same thing happened over and over I then intervened and tried the second Windows link to see what happens And that one too took me in that same circle as well blue screen back again I took out the installation CD put it back in again and pressed F to make computer boot from CD A new screen came up and I said boot from CD then pressed any key to boot from CD then a minute passed and a blue screen came a different kind of blue screen telling me it was going to reinstall Windows Happily I clicked on keyboard options e g US English and couple other things and then I said quot custom quot installation as per Dell website for reinstallation as opposed to mere upgrade but then it said it could not find any drivers I rescanned tried to browse to find them even once put in my drivers and utilities CD and take other one out nothing No drivers found at all Rebooted tried the same steps several times same problem I tried startup repair the quot root cause found quot and said quot a hard disk could not be found quot Odd I tried system recovery option can't recall the steps I used to get there but it said quot no operating system quot was found Eventually I found a link to Dell Datasafe in that bootup screen somewhere and luckily it helped me recover my system and now it's back to the original factory setting I then used msconfig to delete the second Windows I had found in the windows boot manager screen What did I do wrong and how can I reinstall Windows once again not using Dell's Datasafe but the CD that came with the computer I have a windows CD and also the drivers and utilities one Thanks so much for your help Please keep in mind I'm quite illiterate when it comes to computers so appreciate detailed and step by step help

A:Problem reinstalling Windows 7 (ended up with two of them, both bad!)

Hi Rogman,

The above issue might occur if your system was shipped with RAID or Intel Rapid Storage Technology option enabled. Please share the exact system model in use. If you are not sure about the system model, please share the Service Tag of system via Private Message (Click on my name and click Send a private message). I will look into the system details and inform you about further course of action.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/304332-problem-reinstalling-windows-7-ended-up-two-them-both-bad.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i got a compaq. Well it been saying no bootable device please insert boot disc then press enter. I try running hard disk self test and memory test but it say hard drive cannot be found. Well i try to reinstalled windows vista but when i do, they ask where do you want to installed. I try scanning but nothing is shown up. I think my hard drive crash. I dont know can anybody help.

A:Having problem reinstalling windows vista

and welcome to the Forum

I would run diagnostics on the hard drive ( click here )

See this for how to make a bootable cd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-problem-reinstalling-windows-vista-491584.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, I have a Dell Dimension 2400 2.66 ghz desktop computer that I am trying to reinstall windows xp home onto. During the process, it gave me the options to either repair or install a new copy so I chose repair since it already had xp installed. It was going fine but it got to where the computer restarted and continued setup and during this when it said it was installing windows it gets about half way through then stops and says there was a problem and it won't continue. It says : Bad_Pool_Caller. I have tried to do it a few times and it keeps coming up with this message and won't finish installing windows. I tried to start in safe mode but it won't start that way.

Please tell me what I can do to fix this and get windows to re-install all the way.

Thanks,
Deanna

A:[SOLVED] Help Please! Problem reinstalling windows xp

Hello ,

what you need to do is get this program

follow link

(http://www.killdisk.com)

you will want to get the full free suite

install to a working computer & create a bootable cd

then stick into the cd rom / you will want to select the kill option in the toolbar

then wait for the process to compleat

then when done remove the disk & put in your restore cd & reboot

now this will compleatly wipe the drive and write it to zero's like new from the factory

so the restore process will have the added step of formating the drive wich will take a little longer

then you will have to use the cd that came with your restore set to install all your drivers (DO THIS BEFOR YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE TO YOUR SYSTEM )

then do a defrag & start installing all your software /antivirus /firewall ( if you use a 3rd party)/ spyware programs / then connect to the internet and do updates

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-help-please-problem-reinstalling-windows-xp-319817.html
Relevancy 49.88%

k so my pc was runnin slow at first i tryed Strange reinstalling after windows Problem windows update that installed find but didnt help the problem so I decided to reinstall windows thru a boot disk after doing this Strange Problem after reinstalling windows and selecting the repair option so i wouldnt lose my files on the pc XP reinstalled itself My pc is now running as fast as it should be only problem being My desktop and user settings have gone however if i go to C Documents and Settings Old User Name Strange Problem after reinstalling windows Desktop The files and everything I had there is still there Everything I had installed in program files is still there aswell but most applications games either get a error saying not installed properly crash my comp or just not work at all a couple of things work like firefox tho all my bookmarks are gone If i go to add remove programs none of the stuff that shows up in program files is there at all Everything that was on MY HD is still there just in diffrent places I have tryed creating a username same as the old one but that didnt do anything So do I have to uninstall everything and reinstall it again or is there a way i can fix this Thanks My system is as follows dunno if it makes any diff but yea AMD ATHLON XP ghz GB of ram Radeon XP Pro SP

A:Strange Problem after reinstalling windows

Hi wtkwtk

XP reinstallations are a bit trickier than Win9x reinstalls, as you have discovered. Did you use your WinXP Pro CD to reinstall (it has to be the exact same version as that installed on your system = for example, don't use an OEM disk to repair a retail XP version, don't use a Home edition to repair a Pro edition, don't use a Pre-SP1 edition to repair an SP2 version, etc.). For a thorough explanation of the many things to watch for, along with links and explanations to help fix the rough spots of reinstalling XP, see Michael Steven's well-regarded pages --- http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Note: all reinstallation procedures advise running thorough malware scans beforehand, as reinstalling does nothing to remove infections.

Stay up-to-date on your Critical Updates, too. Delaying these just leaves your system open to attack longer & increases your vulnerability.

If you decide to just start over, save your data (and scan that data for infections before restoring it later), and run a clean install. If your XP Pro disk is pre-Sp2, it can help to download SP2 beforehand - plus any recent-version drivers, and recent updates for your antivirus/antimalware programs. This might end up being the safer & quicker repair - especially if your system as it is now has malware infections corrupting files, and since your user profiles/Registry settings are a bit topsy turvy.

If you wish to save the current installation, you'll likely have to:
1) Scan thoroughly for malware, and follow removal procedures.
2) Get up-to-date on your Critical Patches & Service Packs again
3) Get your driver versions up-to-date
4) Reinstall your favorite programs under the new user profile created during your last XP-repair.
5) Move your personal data from the earlier user profile's "Documents and Settings" folders into your new user profile's "Documents and Settings" folders.
6) Run a Registry Cleaner to tidy up what is likely a messy Registry (CCleaner works well --- http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...-10315544.html )

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-problem-after-reinstalling-windows-135941.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So my main desktop has been running very slow and is very cluttered so i decided to do a full wipe and start again from scratch I have my setup disk and my computer booted it from disk just fine but does not show that i have another copy of windows on my machine Instead of asking me whether or not to delete the old one it doesn t acknowledge problem and reinstalling Formatting XP Windows that i have it at all instead it gives me a blue screen with quot The following list shows existing partitions and unpartitioned space on this computer quot then below that there is some text giving me the commands and further bellow there is a box with inside Formatting and reinstalling Windows XP problem showing quot C Partition NTFS MB lt MB FREE gt quot and bellow that mb of unpartitioned space My problem is that when i get to here i assumed that i would just hit install and it would clear out my drive and reinstall but that was not the case Instead my computer installed Another windows and when i restarted and attempted to boot it asks which one i would like to boot from I attempted this again and the same thing happened All help is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Formatting and reinstalling Windows XP problem

You need to delete the C partition, then create a new C partition, then format that new C partition in the NTFS file system(not the quick option), then install Windows XP in that partition.

If you read each window carefully that appears during the setup process, it'll tell which you which key to press to perform a specific function.

Here is a good pictorial guide to follow.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, you know the identity of the devices in that computer and have the Windows XP drivers available for them.

A hard drive format and clean install of Windows XP probably won't install the drivers for all the devices, so it's good to have them available before you start.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatting-and-reinstalling-windows-xp-problem.1010743/
Relevancy 49.88%

I reinstalled windows xp

I cannot change my screen resolution and last time I restarted my computer it got to the windows screen and then all I got was a black screen

When I open the device Manager There is a yellow question mark and exclamation point by Devices

Then Under Devices it says (with yellow exclamation points by them)
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

When I try to update or reinstall these drivers it asks for a installation cd...Which I do not have..

Does anybody know what I could do? Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2Running in Parallels on a macbook pro (I don't think this matters)I get ddraw.dll errors. So I run dxdiagit says to reinstall directx because ddraw.dll and d3d9.dll are old versions and could cause problems.is this the correct directx download? There are alot of them?http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=enI download from here and run it and it says that directx is already installed when I run it and it does not let me reinstall. How do I fix this?

A:problem reinstalling directx in windows xp

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303550/problem-reinstalling-directx-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 49.88%

This problem originated after I defragged my main hard drive or after I added a new Maxtor One Touch External HDD GB at around the same day When next time I re-booted the computer I received the quot ntldr missing press control alt delete to restart quot After researching the problem and Problem Windows Reinstalling XP Home trying all the fixes I could find on the internet without success I decided I would reformat and reinstall Windows XP since I had my Problem Reinstalling Windows XP Home important docs and files on CD-RW I ensured that I could boot up with CD-ROM in BIOS In fact I checked to make sure all my BIOS settings were accurate When I try to reinstall Windows XP using the Windows XP Home Edition Setup exactly as described in Windows Reinstall com I get to the page that lists the existing partitions and unpartitioned space on the computer C NTFS is there with MB listed as free space plus MB unpartitioned space Deleting and recreating the partitions does not seem to be the problem It will let me recreate all the partitions I want but after recreating them and pressing enter it goes to the next screen where it says verbatim quot To install Windows XP on the partition you selected Setup must write some startup files to the following disk Unknown Disk However this disk does not contain a Windows XP-compatible partition To continue installing Windows XP return to the partition selection screen and create a Windows XP-compatible partition on the disk above If there is no free space on the disk delete an existing partition and then create a new one To return to the partition selection screen press enter quot When I do what it asks it just repeats all over again I have tried F to reinstall SATA drivers which I never had to do before and everything worked fine and have tried manually reformatting the hard drive from the recovery console first which I should not have had to do either I am totally stumped I have deleted and created umpteen new partitions and have tried everything I can think of to get past this hurdle with no luck Why does it state quot unknown disk quot Is this where the root of the problem is and if so how do I fix it Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

hi im having a problem with my asus k8v-se mother board. i bought a new HD and it detects all the way up to when the mother board is detecting everything in the bios but then when i have the windows xp disk inserted and it says "click here to install windows xp" or whatever it says "cannot detect any hard disk drives, cannot go any further". i dont know why it keeps doing this.

i called up asus and they told me that it can be that my mother board needs to have certain drivers on it because its sata and i need to set it as my primary sata. can someone please help me!?

A:Problem with reinstalling windows with a K8V-SE mother board

I am assuming your new hard drive is a SATA drive. what Asus is referring to is the sata drivers which shoud have come with your motherboard. usually they are on a floppy disk. if you dont have them you should be able to download them from Asus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-reinstalling-windows-with-a-k8v-se-mother-board.39555/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have a Toshiba NB Netbook I had decided to install another operating system Linux and now have come to the conclusion that I no longer want both windows and linux on my system I want to go back to just using windows Its windows starter edition I have literally tried other methods to starter on with 7 netbook Problem windows reinstalling a do this for countless and pointless hours coming to the conclusion I would rather format my hard drive Problem with reinstalling windows 7 starter on a netbook and reinstall windows Now here is the problem I have a netbook which does not come with a cd drive nor do I have an external I have actually figured out how to make a boot module from a usb flash drive The problem is I do not know how to or where to obtain an ISO for windows starter edition I do have the serial key for windows starter located on the bottom of my netbook Finally which really ticks me off is when I bought my netbook I have now come to realize that it did or DOES NOT HAVE A RECOVERY PARTITION Any advice on how I can reinstall windows starter with hard drive formatting Thank You P S my product key is OEM

A:Problem with reinstalling windows 7 starter on a netbook

Hello pkrplyr, welcome to Seven Forums!

You can use any version of Windows 7 and the info in this tutorial at the link below to create an 'all versions' installer that can be used to install "Windows 7 starter" to the netbook and use your key to activate.

Windows 7 Universal Installation Disc - Create

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

The first best thing to do would be a wipe (secure erase) of the Hard Disk Drive, after you have made backups of anything you want to save, this will give you the best possible space to install Windows 7 to while removing all the old Linux code.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/127022-problem-reinstalling-windows-7-starter-netbook.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there. I recently reinstalled windows XP on my Advent T9204 Desktop PC. Now I have a problem getting my Creatix 405 Wireless Network Card to show up, and I am unable to link to the internet. Is there anybody who can help me?

Thankyou

Graham

A:Problem connecting to the internet after reinstalling windows Xp

Welcome to TSG!!

I guess the obvious question would be: Did you install all of the device drivers? Chipset, NIC, wireless NIC, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-the-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-xp.870100/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I recently received my new Dell XPS computer and it worked very well before I started adding some hard drives to it I had put in two hard drive inside and none of them were detected good start so I tried connecting them to different places and tried some different commands in the BIOS menu After a while I decided to try to put one of my HDs in my external HD box and to simply connect it by USB This box is old and hadn't been used for a while but I don't think that affects Problem starting impossible not and with Windows reinstalling the problem But when I connected it and launched my computer windows wouldn't start anymore I get up this black screen with written that there has been a problem and that Problem with Windows not starting and impossible reinstalling Windows can't start It asks me if I want to run a quot Lauch Startup Repair quot which doesn't launch anything when I select it or to start Windows normally But starting Windows ''normally'' just restarts my computer So I tried to disconnect all the HDs that I had added setting back everything to standard in the BIOS and the problem was not resolved I decided to try Problem with Windows not starting and impossible reinstalling to reinstall Windows Vista but Problem with Windows not starting and impossible reinstalling when I do I am not capable to install it anywhere because when I select one of the drives to install it on I get this message quot Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation quot Right now I don't really care about getting my old HDs on the computer I just want to be able to use it again What do I do to be able to make it start again If you need any additional information on my computer please let me know Thank you for reading please help me out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-windows-not-starting-and-impossible-reinstalling-381088.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP Media Center. I have a TV tuner. When I try to watch TV or view a DVD I get an error message saying...

"Decoder In Use. The video decoder is currently in use by another application. Please close all other applications, restart Media Center, and then try again."

I have searched other sites for help, and have been unable to find a solution. Hopefully I can find help here. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone I m having some problems reinstalling XP Home on an old Toshiba Satellite Pro M -S Its an old laptop and I bought it from a computer tech who helped me create a backup of the OS when I first got it from him So I have my retail key for the OS along with the backup I created Its been a few years since I have even powered it up and want to get it running so I can give it to a young woman in need I just wanted to delete my personal files and scan the system for any problems I used UltimateBootCD tools to Problem Home Edition SP3 reinstalling XP Windows make sure I deleted everything and there were no infections Once I opened the tools and had it search the computer I found viruses and malaware I think were attached to locations that must have affected the OS since I couldn t boot the computer Problem reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition SP3 after I deleted them Then I accidently inserted the wrong backup disc for my Dell desktop running Windows XP Professional and really messed things up When I realized what I had done I tried using the command prompt to repair any files from using the wrong disc but when it was finished it said to insert my Windows disc to repair my system I inserted the original backup disc I made for it and attempted to repair After waiting a long time the machine restarted with the same message as before So I figured I would have to do a reinstallation Actually I thought that would be a better idea anyway since I didn t recognize some of the files my previous scan had found So I m using the backup I created and insert the disc Everything was going fine and it seemed as if it was going to work until the very end In fact it had already restarted itself once maybe twice which I assumed was part of the process Then I get an error that my disc is missing some files and setup cannot continue I don t understand how that can be since the files on my disc came from that machine Does anyone have any idea what I ve done and how I can correct it I already promised this machine to her and don t really want to tell her I ruined it I m not very good at this kind of stuff but I want to learn Could there be a problem with the drive reading my disc If so I guess I would have to install using a flash drive but I have no idea how to create one I also have an older Sony Vaio desktop running XP Home that I had bought for my son Thinking it was broken he gave it back to me and I just finished cleaning all the infections it had and got it running again I d like to create a separate partition on the hard drive for just the OS and then create a backup of it but I don t know how on this older machine I use Clickfree for my file backups but the only drawback is it won t backup the OS I think it will back up just about everything else but I have to create my own discs to backup my OS I m thinking there should be a way for me to create a new disc from that computer but I don t think that would work since they both have different drivers hardware etc I did get in touch with Sony and am buying a set of restoration discs Still restoration is not the same as installation so I wouldn t be able to use those Toshiba says I can t get the restore from them Can anyone tell me where I should go from here I can t believe I messed up like this but hopefully I can figure it out with your help Thanks Dana nbsp

A:Problem reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition SP3

Ok on the toshiba. If you are lucky and the recovery partition is still there. You should be able to reset it back to a factory reinstall. This link I will post will tell you how to do it. It will list win8, but will work with xp. If the recovery partition does not work you will need to get a hold of a XP disk. Most laptops from 2007 up have recovery partition.

FAQ :: How do I reset my computer back to factory default state (System Recovery)? :: Support :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more

On the sony . The restoration disk you just bought will restore the laptop back to factory. As far makeing a extra partition. You can try this.
EaseUS Partition Master - Free Partition Magic alternative, Partition Manager Software for Windows PC and Server

No the sony restoration disk. Will not work on the the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp-home-edition-sp3.205906/
Relevancy 49.02%

1. Receieved following message when starting up computer:

"windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system" and
"You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select "r" at the first screen to start repair."

2. Inserted re-installation CD and rebooted. Got same message as above.

3. Tried F2. Selected Boot sequence and changed to 1. IDE CD-Rom Device. 2. HArd-Disk Drive C: 3. Diskette Drive. Then rebooted and got same message.

4. Tried F8. Selected "Last Known Good Configuration. Got same message as above.

5. Tried F12. Selected IDE CD-ROM Device. Got same message as above.

Arrrgghhh! What am I doing wrong? How can I get to the CD to reinstall?

thanks for help.

A:problem reinstalling Windows XP Home system32 error

Hi Helaman, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

If you have changed the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device, the computer should boot from the CD when it is restarted.

Most re-installation CD will revert your computer to the way it came out of the box. You will lose all of your data, pictures, videos, documents, e-mail, etc. If you don't mind this, then this can work as a solution for you. In order to provide you with more detailed options we will need the make and model of this computer.

Do you have or have access to a retail copy of XP? It will need to be the same version as the copy installed on this computer, eg. Home or Professional.

If you have a copy of this disk you can perform a repair installation which will not effect your data.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377463/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp-home-system32-error/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had to reinstall W7 Pro X64 on my home PC to cure problems with sleep/hibernation.

After reinstalling, I found a single user account had been created named "DELL".

All my previous software (now stored in Windows.Old) referred to user name "Brian". So I changed the name of the DELL account to "Brian". But I then found that although the user folders are sometimes shown as "Brian", at others they are shown as "DELL".

How do I make the change of account name effective for all the relevant user folders? There is no facility to rename C:\Users\DELL; is there some other way?

A:After reinstalling Windows 7, problem with changing (single) user name

Quote: Originally Posted by hershmab

I had to reinstall W7 Pro X64 on my home PC to cure problems with sleep/hibernation.

After reinstalling, I found a single user account had been created named "DELL".

All my previous software (now stored in Windows.Old) referred to user name "Brian". So I changed the name of the DELL account to "Brian". But I then found that although the user folders are sometimes shown as "Brian", at others they are shown as "DELL".

How do I make the change of account name effective for all the relevant user folders? There is no facility to rename C:\Users\DELL; is there some other way?

Welcome Hershmab to the windows 7 forums.

The best advice I can give you is to create a userid for Brian making sure that it has the same security level as you used to have. Then log off dell and log on to brian and copy all the files to your new userid and then you can remove the Dell userid after your satisfied that everything is there.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/188460-after-reinstalling-windows-7-problem-changing-single-user-name.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello guys.
My sis asked me to reinstall her Win 7. So, without hesitation I did a back up of all her important files and reinstall Win. Later she complained me she can`t open some of her Excel files. And asked me to help..ofcourse. I have tried to fix it somehow, for example opened excel in safe mode, used «open and repair» - it doesn`t work.
I have no idea what it can be and how can I cure it. Maybe reinstalling of Windows is cause of these troubles..Does anyone know the solution?

A:Solved: Problem with excel files after reinstalling Windows

Did you reinstall her Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel and etc.?

NOTE: All programs were wipe out when you reinstalled Windows, so you will need to reinstall ALL of her programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-excel-files-after-reinstalling-windows.1139921/
Relevancy 49.02%

recently, i have been using my windows 7 for months but yesterday only,it crashed and when i am restarting the pc, its now even showing the repairing options upon inserting the windows 7 installation disc. i have my computer practicals in this week, and my pc has crashed and its not booting up.
and when i insert the windows 7 disc, it shows this following error(i am uploading the image of the error).please look into my matter carefully because i am in a big trouble.i am on verge of losing all my personal data because this pc is not allowing me to install fresh windows 7 at least.

here is the link to the image :

View image: IMG 20130903 140620

A:windows 7 booting & reinstalling problem, bootmanager related

Well if you install over the current install then you will lose all of your data! You must rescue it first if all attempts to repair it fail, before reinstalling.

Everything you need is here to try to Fix Unbootable Win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/303506-windows-7-booting-reinstalling-problem-bootmanager-related.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've had to reformat and find the Dell reinstallation disc for drivers and utilities is unfindable. Dell no longer supports that system and cannot supply a replacement. Any ideas on how I can complete this reinstallation? The OS is installed and IE, office XP small business is installed.

Thanks for any help.

Vern

A:Reinstalling Windows 2000 on Inspiron 8000 problem

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
This will take you to the driver downloads page. You will have to click on the "Change OS" next to Windows XP on the next page. Change it to 2000 and it will list everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-windows-2000-on-inspiron-8000-problem.567601/
Relevancy 49.02%

A few weeks ago I had to completely wipe my hard drive clean, and do a reinstall of Windows XP from original XP CD. I also downloaded all of the updates to the software from the Microsoft Website. It seems that during the installation, something went wrong. Because about once a week, programs will just stop working. I lost Microsft Office and had to reinstall, then both my CD ROMs stopped working (twice), problems with my mouse being recognized, itunes suddently stopped working and can't reinstall. Everything is pointing me towards a Windows XP problem.

So in put my XP disk (WIndows XP Home Edition Version 2002) in to try and repair the installation, and it says that the version I have installed is a newer version, and it won't allow me to use the CD. ( I assume because I downloaded all of teh updates).

How can I go about repairing the XP installation in this case?

A:A Question About Reinstalling Windows Xp - Problem With My Cd Version Vs What's Now Installed

Did you install IE7 Beta 2 ??

Was it acting like this from the first startup after the OS reinstall??

At each point of installing new software XP will create a System Restore point have you tried restoring back one point at a time till you find the problem install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43495/a-question-about-reinstalling-windows-xp-problem-with-my-cd-version-vs-whats-now-installed/
Relevancy 49.02%

I had to reinstall Windows 7, and after doing so, now when I try to use certain filters in Photoshop, or open my webcam software, I receive an error about not having the proper video graphics card or its driver installed.

I haven't changed any hardware, and those programs worked just fine before, so I'm guessing it's a problem with either recognizing the card or the driver? I'm not sure, any help is greatly appreciated!

A:[SOLVED] Graphics card problem after reinstalling Windows

Hi,

It would be easier to help you if we could see some system specs.
Please download Speccy System Information Tool and save it to somewhere convenient such as your desktop.
Close any programs that may be running including your browser and double click Speccy.exe to run the tool.
Watch out for any offers to install other programs such as google chrome and untick the box(es) if you don't want them.
Speccy will very quickly scan your pc and create a report.
Top left of screen click file and select Publish Snapshot...
Click Yes to proceed.
Copy the URL to your clipboard and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-graphics-card-problem-after-reinstalling-windows-675113.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello network reinstalling ROM installation windows: while Problem stop working CD after guys It s my first time here and I hope you ll be able to help me out I never had such or problem before and I m totally out of ideas on how to fix this box So here is the problem I formated my HD on my second computer I never had any problems to do it before but now it s a pain So here is what I get When I try to install windows XP Home Pro Corp the setup works fine until it comes to the Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation point where I get asked for network setup After that everything goes wrong I get a box asking me to point it to Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation the Service pack CD service pack is on the CD I used this version of windows to install it on my main computer and everything works perfectly After trying to find it on the CD without any succes Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation I tryed to hit cancel it will pop this window again and if I cancel it will start the new installation of windows with a lot of missing stuff So I tryed windows CD without SP on it I get the same box right after the network setup asking me for another file the next file to be copied from CD to the HD for the installation After figuring that my problem wasn t SP I found out that after the network setup my CD that was usually set the E wont work when you call E It seems to be either desabled or the computer switched it to another letter I was running out of idea so I removed my network card thinking it would be smart enough to skip the network installation without it Well no it will install the network anyway but doesnt ask me for a network name and such I really dont know what to do now When I cancel the box it will finish the installation with the files that were copied before the network installation and windows will work Idk how I found it amazing but a lot of things like adding connection using CD rom and other stuff dont so it s not really useful So now I m totally clueless about how to fix it I came to the conclusion that my bios might be corrupted or something I d really appreciate if someone could help me out contact me on MSN if you want email protected Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Problem while reinstalling windows: CD ROM stop working after network installation

What version of XP, home or pro? Are these original disks or burned copies?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-while-reinstalling-windows-cd-rom-stop-working-after-network-installation.486041/
Relevancy 47.3%

Trying to fix my friends computer thought I would be done in an hour or so but I ran into a retarded problem when trying to boot from the Pic and (Video Included) Problem Reinstalling Windows From Boot Solved: Doesn't Disc windows cd Here is some information I know off the top of my head If you have any input please let me know Solved: Problem Reinstalling Windows Doesn't Boot From Disc (Video and Pic Included) I m Solved: Problem Reinstalling Windows Doesn't Boot From Disc (Video and Pic Included) trying to get this done before tonight since its Friday ugh I have my BIOS settings set to SATA CDROM - HD DRIVE - LSC - BOOT OTHER - Disabled Solved: Problem Reinstalling Windows Doesn't Boot From Disc (Video and Pic Included) Computer had Vista installed I am trying to install either XP or Vista at this moment neither are booting from disc Computer will start up and do a quot Memory Testing quot After this it will show other screens they go by fast The rd screen is the option to boot with Safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration advanced start windows normally I have chose each one of these options they all encounter an error and the computer restarts The computer has been running with Vista for a year atleast and started to gain spam and such and needed a restore for better speed The computer is built with random parts I don t see anything inside the case that shows any mistakes Here are two videos I made on the start up s http smg photobucket com albums v t WinMess flv http smg photobucket com albums v t WinMess flv Then here is the error that occurs when I turn off Auto Restart when error occurs nbsp

A:Solved: Problem Reinstalling Windows Doesn't Boot From Disc (Video and Pic Included)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-reinstalling-windows-doesnt-boot-from-disc-video-and-pic-included.733911/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone For over a year I have been using an HP Pavilion Pentium Problem data reinstalling Windows wipe after XP - "Process1_Initialization_Fail" BSOD HT WinXP Pro SP GB RAM GB HD desktop with no problems at all Last night I used DBAN Boot and Nuke to wipe my data clean in hopes of reinstalling WinXP fresh This morning while trying to reinstall Windows XP Pro SP I ran into several problems - The copy I paid for was not recognized as a full version - A backup copy I had borrowed from a friend was recognized and successfully allowed me to format my HD However while installing the OS after getting to Problem reinstalling Windows XP after data wipe - BSOD "Process1_Initialization_Fail" about of the files copied it started saying it couldn t find certain files - I had to swap copies of the WinXP discs several times and Retry to get all of the windows files copied Before getting to that I formatted my HD using NFTS full which was successful After finally getting all the Windows files copied the system performed the initial reboot and after the Windows XP black logo screen I got the BSOD stop error quot Process Initialization Failure quot I ve been reading a lot of threads on this but none of them directly apply to me I do not have Norton GoBack installed and have never had any issues with this computer at all so I don t see how it could be a HD Memory or CDROM issue I really need some help as my computer is currently unusable Do I need a new copy of WinXP Pro Please advise - thanks nbsp

A:Problem reinstalling Windows XP after data wipe - BSOD "Process1_Initialization_Fail"

What does "The copy I paid for was not recognized as a full version." mean?

after getting to about 80% of the files copied it started saying it couldn't find certain filesClick to expand...

Usual suspects for those symptoms are Memory errors. Bad or scratched install Disc, Install disc is a copy vs. original and CD-ROM not reading correctly.

The memory is highly stressed during an install and could show errors not usually seen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-windows-xp-after-data-wipe-bsod-process1_initialization_fail.562955/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have a Compaq Presario V XP Home note book that is a couple years old It has been a great little computer It is used mainly for surfing the net A few days ago it really started acting screwy I ran Nortons and it has a total of different viruses on it I deleted them using Nortons It was still getting XP Reinstalling problem pop ups so I downloaded Spybot seek Reinstalling XP problem and destroy It found about more things Nortons missed Spybot deleted them It was running a lot better but still somewhat sluggish I decided to go ahead and re install Windows using the disc provided by Compaq I followed the steps in the manual It installed up to then started with these errors that a file was missing It said to try again press enter To skip press Esc After several unsuccessful attempts to get that file I pushed Esc Then it did the same to the next file After times I got an error that said that the disc I was using was damaged and to insert another disc to continue Well I had no other disc and the disc I was using looked fine It had never been out of the envelope until today and it went from the envelope to the drive without anything else touching it I took the disk and made a copy of it on my PC I then tried the copy and I got the same error I called HP I explained everything to the service rep at first he was telling me that there was nothing that they could do since the computers warranty had expired and for a price offered to let me speak to a computer tech I explained to him that I understood that the warranty had expired but the problem I was having had nothing to do with the computer but with a defective disc that was sent along with the computer After putting me on hold to talk with his supervisor he gave me the option of purchasing another disc for a total of shipped I took him up on the offer and I will get the disc in a few days My question is have any of you ever encountered a problem such as this And what if once I get the disc and try to install it I get the same error Is the computer then worthless What are my options Thanks in advance for your help and taking the time to read this rant

A:Reinstalling XP problem

Most common reasons for not being able to copy files during installation:

Dirty or damaged install CD
Installing with external peripherals attached
Faulty RAM
Faulty Hard Drive

While you are waiting for the new discs, you can download and run memtest to check the memory . . . Click on the Memtest link in my signature

You can also download and run drive diagnostics from the drive manufacturer:

Samsung http://www.samsungelectronics.com/hd...ies_index.html
Seagate http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/index.html
Maxtor/Quantum http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/products/index.htm
Western Digital http://support.wdc.com/download/
IBM/Hitachi http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT
fujitsu/Seimens http://www.fcpa.fujitsu.com/download...es/#diagnostic
IBM/Hitachi http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalling-xp-problem-207870.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

My laptop is 16 months old one and it is working normally and from few days it was effected from virus so that i tried to reinstall OS but it is displaying as OS not found and check the cable.can u please give me a solution and how to check that HDD is working probably r not .Help me

A:problem in reinstalling OS

First thing to do, is find out what brand of harddrive it is. Then go get a Hard drive utility for that particular one, run it first before doing a reinstall. Wipe drive 3.0 also will work, but the utility is better to use. Just reinstalling windows from the disc first depends how bad you were infected, because fromatting sometimes isnt good enough. Myself iI always run a test on the hard drive before doing a reinstall, then I use a harddrive utility from the company that harddrive is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-in-reinstalling-os-305507.html
Relevancy 41.28%

well, once again thanks to my cat like reflexes to delete things that i should leave alone and my uncanning ability to be lazy, instead of trying to fix my problems I just F disk my computer and start over! Usually works but this time when I put in the product key it would't accept it and says it's invalid! It's the right product key, I have examined it closely to make sure I have no typos and it is the correct prouduct key. This leaves me thinking, once my wife tried to use my start up disk to install windows xp on a second computer we have but failed to put it on. Could this have invalidated my copy of windows xp and where does that leave me standing? Any Ideas or thoughts on this? Thank you very much for any help!

A:reinstalling xp problem

Telephonic activation, normally...but since you can't boot into anything (nothing installed)...I'd triple check those letters and numbers typed into the key (when requested).

I've made those errors before and received that message.

If you are doing a clean install, it should allow the install to complete...to be followed by telephonic activation.

What's the exact error message, please?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/181907/reinstalling-xp-problem/
Relevancy 41.28%

im having quite similar problem in restoring windows. my pc have been attacked by virus which all my files been transfer to .exe file. i cannot open any files. i wanted to restore my windows however the cd was missing. can i install or restore windows without cd or how could i use my windows using the product key attached at the casing of my pc. appreciate your helps. thnaks

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I received a Dell Inspiron 5150 but decided to start fresh and reformatted the XP OS only to find myself without all the indispensable software that run the intenet, the wi fi card etc..Boy i regret this now. I guess all the previous data is now lost. I know about reinstalling the drives etc.. but have not been succesful. Please help me start fresh again because right now i am at a stand still.
Thank you.

A:Problem with reinstalling xp HELP!

You can go to the Dell Driver Download site and find all the drivers for your pc

Start with the notebook management software, then chipset . . then any other drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-reinstalling-xp-help.542854/
Relevancy 41.28%

i i tryed to reset the pc back to factory settings but for some reason it didnt install all drivers and the main one i need it the network so i can get online to update  and input drivers from  updates but i need  to find  software for it but its no where to be found  and i dont have money to buy a disk for drivers at the momentso i have to use my other pc to get online  plz help if u can oh and i tryed to use the list thats online to fix it but most of them will not install it say's its not for that device just need some way to get online so i can really get it fixed and updated

A:problem with reinstalling

Hi @RIC240,  I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having trouble with finding or updating drivers on your system. I am happy to give you a hand with this. Depending on which drivers you need, you should find them on this page for download: HP Pavilion p6813w Desktop PC.  What did you use to do the factory reset? The recovery partition or  a set of recovery discs using the HP Recovery Manager? Are you trying to connect using wireless or with an Ethernet cable? Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/problem-with-reinstalling/td-p/5592738
Relevancy 41.28%

I deleted the files inadvertently IE 11. Again, you can not install IE 11

A:The problem with reinstalling IE 11

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Repair install,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

If you choose to Uninstall ie9-10-11 see this,
Internet Explorer 10 - Install or Uninstall in Windows 7

See a video here Uninstall three versions of ie in about three minutes,
Internet Explorer 9 - Uninstall
Windows Update Settings - Change
Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/354013-problem-reinstalling-ie-11-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am running windows XP What began this ugly story is when out of Problem WMP reinstalling the Problem reinstalling WMP blue I have no idea why WMP developed a problem playing internet links to mpeg files Any link to an mpeg file that I would click on and I tried several on several different sites that worked fine before would cause the player to crash with the message quot An unknown error has occurred quot I click quot Send quot in the quot Send information about this problem to Microsoft Problem reinstalling WMP quot dialog and the result was that a window opened telling me that the problem had been diagnosed an the solution was to Problem reinstalling WMP purchase an mpeg encoder from a company called quot MainConcept quot I was sceptical that this could really be true Having been unable to find anything on the internet relating to this specific problem I tried to download and reinstall WMP without uninstalling first The download and install seemed to go ok the first time but it didn t fix the problem I then decided to go to quot Control panel add remove windows components quot and uninstall WMP Problem is when I then tried to install the downloaded WMP It said that quot WMP is not compatible with my version of windows quot or something to that effect I do have XP I then tried to reinstall from windows by using the quot add remove components quot in control panel and this seemed to work and WMP would show a check box beside it but there was no link to it anywhere and clicking on media would not cause it to open I tried system restore and miraculously hit one of the rare times restore points that system restore actually worked one out of about attempts but it did not fix the problem Still no WMP I try to download WMP again but after a few seconds the quot Run or Save quot dialog pops up clearly nothing was downloaded and it says something about unzipping files but fails to install Now I cannot even find a system restore point that will work not even the previously quot successful quot one I have no WMP I tried installing Real Player and it will play links to mpegs but not streaming video such as on Yahoo Can anyone help with this mess Please Reinstalling the operating system would be a life and career changing disaster nbsp

A:Problem reinstalling WMP

I got WMP 10 to reinstall by following this advice that I found on Chris Lanier's blog:

"navigate to C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 and copy wmploc.dll to C:\Windows\System32. Now, run the WMP 10 installer again".

However after installing, I still had the original problem that whenever I clicked on a link to an mpeg file (did not test with other file types) I would get the message "An unknown error has occurred..........." and the media player would crash. I would then click "Send" in the popup dialog box asking if I want to report the problem to microsoft. Then a window would open with the URL of the Microsoft Online Crash Analysis center with the following message:

"Solution found: contact MainConcept AG to purchase retail product

Problem description

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by MPEG Encoder.

Solution

MPEG Encoder was created by MainConcept AG. The demo version of MPEG Encoder that you are currently using is not supported by MainConcept AG. MainConcept AG recommends that you purchase the full retail version of MPEG Encoder for increased stability and product support.

To purchase the full retail version of MPEG Encoder, use the following steps:

Go to the MainConcept AG website at http://www.mainconcept.com/downloads.shtml#anchor
Find MPEG Encoder and then install it. "

I did this (costs $149 if you do not want a watermark). Now wht happens is that I no longer get the crash but the player only displays one still pane from the video and will not play.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-wmp.417973/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was doing a little bit of cleaning up on my computer and decided to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. I then went ahead and tried to reinstall MSE but could not. I used a removal tool to successfully remove the remnants of Malwarebytes, but could not do the same for MSE. The removal program told me that it could not end the MSE process (note that I did run the program in Administrator mode in Vista.) I opened up task manager and found that the MSE process (MsMpEng.exe) was still there. Ending the process does nothing, as it just reappears. Microsoft Security Essentials is not appearning on my toolbar or installed programs list. It also doesn't appear on the program list on Revo Uninstaller. Anyone know what I can do to get MSE back on my computer?

A:Problem Reinstalling MSE

Typically, Microsoft Security Essentials can be removed by going to Control Panel - Programs and running the uninstall there.

However, there are times when this won't work.
Official Solution:
Microsoft has published a knowledgebase article for how to manually remove Microsoft Security Essentials:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2483120

Further specific Vista instructions -

Updated Nov 12, 2013 - NOTE: If you are attempting to remove MSEIf you are using Vista or Windows 7

You would then reinstall from Install M.S.E.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519784/problem-reinstalling-mse/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell Inspiron B130 laptop

I want to reinstall Windows but after the installation files are copied to my blank, formatted HD and the installation process begins everything grinds to a halt and I get a blue screen error.....> Stop: 0X0000007E with the following message: PCI.SYS Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c

Anybody understand this message or got any suggestions on how I can complete my install of Win XP Home.

Thanks!!

LettuceChat

A:Reinstalling Win. XP Problem

I decided to do a little research into your problem.

It would appear that some DELL Computers and Laptops use certain SATA hard drives that Windows XP does not support by default. <This appears to be the problem>

The only way to solve that comes to mind would be to slipsteam the drivers into an XP Installation Disc.

I cannot guide you through this process I'm afraid because I have no experience in doing so. Instead I will point you in the right direction.

http://www.nliteos.com/guide/
Perhaps somebody on the nLite forums can help you with the slipstream process.

As for the required drivers I cannot help you at all there (an educated guess would be to slipsteam the chipset drivers found here). However, it would be best to search or ask around and see what replies you get.

The most damage you can do is waste a few CD's and some time.

Good luck and happy computing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-win-xp-problem.854982/
Relevancy 41.28%

I just reformated and reinstalled my xp home deskto, it all went well untill i booted up and got into the automated first time xp setup, it keeps catching on the naming computer part, i need to basically bypass the automated start

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-problem.392776/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi After increasing hangs and lockups in XP I decided to re: Problem XP reinstalling do a fresh reinstall XP I m taking this action because my attempt to repair the existing installation results in a black blank screen after the Windows logo For what it s worth I believe these problems were originally the result of an upgrade of my graphics card driver but I can t be sure So I have arrived at a screen in the setup of Windows XP that Problem re: reinstalling XP lists my two HDDs each containing a single partition When I select C Partition it displays the following screen quot You chose to install Windows XP on a partition that contains Problem re: reinstalling XP another operating system Installing Windows XP on this partition might cause the other operating system to function improperly quot With the worrying situation of a black blank screen upon starting or repairing XP at this point a new Problem re: reinstalling XP installation seems like the only option to take but I m wondering what the consequences will be The C drive I should add is full of data in addition to the O S and program files I m not sure how to proceed Should I reformat the drive before a fresh install of XP If so will my data be recoverable Any advice about how to proceed would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I reinstalled a new hard drive in my Inspiron 2650, and am having trouble reinstalling XP Home from the CD.I can make it to the Managed PC Boot Agent, but I get a message that says "operating system not found". I can't seem to get the bios/boot agent to boot the CD.

should I be using PXE as a boot method in the MBA?

any ideas?

A:reinstalling XP problem

If you're using the cd that came with the laptop, it's probably not an installation. That's to say, the install files are more than likely stored on you original hard drive in a hidden partition.
If that's the case you should be able to contact Dell to get a installation CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalling-xp-problem-147958.html
Relevancy 41.28%

at a repair install to fix a bootup problem. during Installing Devices in the XP Home installation setup comes to a point where the little working animation in the corner continues but nothing happens. i've left setup on overnight and it was at the same point in the morning. i've tried 1) restarting setup (several times), including running a new one from the boot disc 2) disabled USB, network, comm, and sound from BIOS before setup.... don't know what else to do (other than reformatting, which i really don't want to do). any help anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-xp.798301/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a year old HP Pavilion a n desktop computer that originally came XP Reinstalling Problem with Windows XP Home OS installed which I made backup recovery discs for I recently took it to a local repair shop because my power supply and motherboard died While these parts were replaced and my computer now works the quot repair quot guy installed Windows XP Professional from his own discs and lost all my files Luckily I had backed up most of my files However I Problem Reinstalling XP kept getting a message from Microsoft that my copy of windows is Problem Reinstalling XP not valid Problem Reinstalling XP and that the product key was not assigned by Microsoft I called Microsoft and they informed me that I would have to reinstall the XP home version that I have on the recovery discs When I attempted to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows XP I get a message telling me that my recovery discs are not supported by the PC I can access the boot drive and setup screens but I can t get to the recovery screen accessed through the F key when the computer first turns on What do I need to do at this point nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I tried to reinstall XP on a Dell Desktop. Once I completed all of the steps I now have two operating systems that I appear when I turn the computer on. One I cannot open because of a corrupt or missing file. The other when I open it the system is in classic view. I have no options to return it to XP view. And the images are too large for the screen and I can't change the screen resolution either. How do I fix it so I only have one operating system? How do I get that operation system to have the XP choices?

I had choose to reinstall the system because I had no files on the computer that I needed.

HELP!

A:Problem Reinstalling XP, HELP!

Run the setup again
When you get to the stage where you can edit partitions, remove all 'existing copies of windows' and every partition until you end up with 'unpartitioned space'. Partition this as you wish and continue.

NOTE: Doing so WILL erase ALL data on the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-xp-help.609475/
Relevancy 41.28%

im trying to reinstall windows xp. but i get this message

setup cannot copy the file mofcomp.ex_

please. what should i do. i have the windows cd in.

A:problem with reinstalling. PLZ HELP

why can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-reinstalling-plz-help.822677/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello This morning i have my windows come up say it recovered from a serious system problem and that it was creating a log This problem turned out to be a Intel driver which came from Intel application accelerator i was advised to uninstall this programme as it has been known to have many problems with Windows xp Service pack I uninstalled it all was fine no problems Big problem reinstalling! Now came the big problem I had turned my pc off last night for the first Big problem reinstalling! time for a few days turned it on this morning and behold the blue screen of death No problem i dont mind formatting and reinstalling windows then the big problem came My windows xp service pack disc is at a freinds about hours away I only have a Copy of normal windows xp fine ill use the boot disks to get it too boot of the disk Floppys ran fine got to the formatting and reinstalling part but behold something ive never seen it do quot Please insert Windows xp Service pack to contiune quot Is there anyway i can format this pc and install my COPY of normal windows xp Thank you in advance Demonic

A:Big problem reinstalling!

Use kill disk, or boot and nuke to clear the drive. Then all will be clean.
You should be able to boot from your xp cd once that is done. and windows will format the drive for you during the install
If you have a highspeed internet connection you can get your updates sp2,
online.
Do a google for kill disk or boot and nuke, they are free programs
that do a good job at formatting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/big-problem-reinstalling-123906.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop crashed on me.

It refused to turn on so I removed the battery and tried to reboot using only mains power, and got a message saying didn't recognize OS.

I have XP and Vista installation CDs. Neither can be installed from scratch.

I have set BIOS to load CD drive first. I follow the steps to reinstall from CD and then halfway thru installation (about 45% way thru file expansion stage) I get an error message saying:

"Windows cannnot access the installation sources. Verify that the installation sources are accessible and restart the installation."

This happens repeatedly.

I think I have an issue with my hard drive. Any idea what I can do to sort out this problem?

Thanks

A:Problem reinstalling XP

Run some diagnostics on the hard drive before proceeding further.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-xp.1036778/
Relevancy 41.28%

am reinstalling xp on acer aspire 3000 notebook. everything goes as it should reformated drive no worries , worked my way through the option screens time zone etc , etc it installs approx 90% done on taskbar then freezes when installing networks ,ads keep flashing up and it appears to be working but nothing changes taskbar doesnt increase approx 30 mins remaining message stays at 30 mins. have tried other xp discs such as xp sp3 , sp2 and original xp
Im out of ideas anyone out there got a clue whats happening ???

A:problem reinstalling xp

I run an acer aspire 4520 and i can tell you from experience its much much much harder to install operating systems on this type of system. First off i would make sure that there is no smudges on this disk. Also make sure that you check to allow automatic updates, i had this happen to my acer turned out that i just needed to check the automatic updates block. Kinda weird. If this doesnt work open up dos prompt from the repair section of the cd and type in chkdsk /f that will fix any problems if any on your harddrive. Question, why are you reinstalling xp?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-reinstalling-xp-446708.html
Relevancy 41.28%

It was doing fine, then it required another disk. I didn't have the other disk. So I used xp pac 2 and that helped for awhile. Now it want Nvidia Bus #2 driver, nvenetfd.inf;nventetfd.in_

So there is no way to download to that computer because it is hung at ready for installation. Is there anyway I could get that driver onto a disk or even a Floppy A? Don't laugh, a spare computer can be handy. I just wanted to wipe out everything and do a complete reenstall, but without that driver it won't move.

You are welcome to write me at [email removed] if you know how this can be done.

Pat

I believe it said Bus #1 not #2, whatever that means. But the driver is correct.

A:Problem with Reinstalling my XP

In the golden days of XP computers came with discs - typically a Microsoft Windows installation disc and another with extra drivers and software enabling a factory reset. Without these to hand it's going to be hard to sort your OS. Even with what you require it will take forever to update Windows to SP3 plus all subsequent updates. Maybe it's worth considering a new computer? If you have some programs that are not compatible with later Windows versions you could install XP as a virtual OS on the new one. I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-reinstalling-my-xp.206410/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I Don't Know If This Is The Right Tread To Post This.

Anyway I was reinstalling my computer when a little box pop up and said:

Fatal Error
An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from continuing.
One of the component that Windows need to continuing setup could not be installed.
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
If you are installing from a disc there might be a problem with the disc, try cleaning the disc or use another disc.
If you are installing from the network, it is possible that not all of the files were copied correctly to your hard drive. Run the disk checking utility on your installation drive from the Recovery Console and start setup again.
Press OK to view the setup log files.

When I press the OK button they show the same thing again.Please Help.

Thank For All The Help!

A:reinstalling problem

Here is some info on what CRC is
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cy...edundancy.html

To fix it:

You can prevent ?Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check? by performing a set of simple procedures. If you encounter this error while your computer is reading data from your CD or DVD disc, the first thing you can do is to eject the disc and clean its surface with a soft cloth.

If you have tried reading data from different discs and you encounter the same error in each one, you may want to check your disc drive for loose cables or you may need to replace the drive itself.

Moreover, make sure that your computer has properly downloaded the files you are getting from the Internet prior to opening them. This will then prevent ?Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check? message from popping up in your screen. You can also use various download manager software applications in order to manage and monitor the status of your downloaded files
source

Hope this helps you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalling-problem-368008.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello This morning i have my windows come up say it recovered from a serious system problem and that it was creating a log This problem turned out to be a Intel driver which came from Intel application accelerator i was advised to uninstall this programme as it has been known to have many problems with Windows xp Service pack I uninstalled it all was fine no problems Now came the big problem I had turned my pc off last night for the first time for a few days turned it on this morning and behold the blue screen of death No problem i dont mind formatting and reinstalling windows then the big problem came My windows xp problem Big reinstalling! service pack disc is at a freinds about hours away I only have a Copy of normal windows xp fine ill use the boot disks to get it too boot of the disk Floppys ran fine got to the formatting and reinstalling part but behold Big problem reinstalling! something ive never seen it do quot Please insert Windows xp Service pack to contiune quot Is there anyway i can format this pc and install my COPY of Big problem reinstalling! normal windows xp Thank you in advance Kyzou nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all,

I have a problem with reinstalling Superantispware. I first installed the Pro version on my new laptop and after the trial period ended, I decided to use the free version as I could not see any significant protection from the free version.
After uninstalling the Pro version, I tried to install a free version which I downloaded again from the home page. It will not complete the installation and it keeps on showing this message which I have taken.

There are no folders on C: which belongs to Superantispware at all.

Does anyone know where the problem is that I can not install the program?

A:Problem in reinstalling superAntispyware

I would guess that the old version is not fully uninstalled.
Try to restore it with system restore, then download the new version and follow their links for uninstallation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/160107-problem-reinstalling-superantispyware.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me About a week Popup reinstalling problem after 'fix' keeps itself the i ago i started having a pop up problem IE will pop up momentarily on my screen and then close itself out as well as occasionally leave itself open and present me with an ad of some sort i Popup keeps reinstalling itself after i 'fix' the problem have run Spybot - Search amp Destroy Spy Sweeper and have a Nortons Subscription the only thing that finds the problem is Spy Sweeper the cookie it finds is called Adjuggler i quarentine it and then delete it but it keeps coming back i also use CCleaner which deletes my cookies but no matter how many times i delete cookies adsjuggler is always there when i restart my computer or check my cookies C Documents and Settings James Whitehead Cookies james email protected txt bytes C Documents and Settings James Whitehead Cookies james email protected txt bytes These are the two cookies that CCleaner finds but never seems to delete completely Also here is my Hijackthis report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ULI ALi exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS System Rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Curse CurseClient exe C Program Files Eraser eraser exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe C Program Files Valve Steam Steam exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUPDATE EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuComServer EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/popup-keeps-reinstalling-itself-after-i-fix-the-problem.723065/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, Help required please.

I want to format my Hard-drive and re-install XP.

I've changed the Bios to boot from CD, inserted the Widows XP Home Edition disk that came with the computer and click Re-Start.

The computer starts and asks I hit any key to boot from CD. I do this but instead of being asked if I want to install XP the computer just loads as normal and I get my normal Desktop.

Can anybody offer advice?

Thanks

A:Problem Formatting - reinstalling XP

Have you tried putting the cd in the drive, closing the cd drive door, shutting down, then restarting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-formatting-reinstalling-xp-365229.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I bought this program called iFinger awhile ago. A few weeks ago it stopped working. I tried to reinstall it and every I to I get this message:

I think it's because I'm missing a file called winhook.dll. One of 3 or 4 anti-spy/anti-virus programs I have must have deleted that. But every time I try to reinstall that, I get this:

What can I do? Please help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-software.920988/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I m having this problem with a reinstalling XP Solved: Problem computer im trying to fix for a friend of mine she had XP but she wanted me to format it so i took and saw she had like partitions with different OS like gnome and other linux and XP Solved: Problem reinstalling XP professional Now the problem is that she can t find the cd of the OS so i got this cd from a friend and i erased all the partitions and installed windows waiting for windows to ask me the cd key but it never did and installed and then asked me to activate when i saw the key it was a strange one so i clicked in activate by phone and change product key to put her cd key but it told me the key was incorrect so i thought that maybe the cd had an embedded key so i got another from a friend he told me he had already used it and it asks for the key so i used it and same problem it keeps giving itself a cd key and once again i tried to change it and it told me it was incorrect so i took my XP cd the one that came with my hp and when i put it in the point where it says Press any key to boot from the cd and it gives you like seconds to press any key so i did it and nothing happens as if i hadn t pressed any key and then it boots to XP so i tried the cd in other computer and it indeed gave me time to press a key and launch the installation so i thought maybe de keyboard wasn t well or something but i tried the other cd and it did allow me to press the key and then started installing everything so i really need help with this problem any kind of help is welcomed just as extra info i formatted the hard drive as a slave in other computer because i thought maybe it had a hidden partition that is assigning cd keys randomly nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Newbie Needs some help Here s the situation - Installed my nVidia Geforce GTX OC MB GDDR GPU and all applicable drivers DirectX c - Installed a bunch of games requiring RELATIVELY high graphics card capability such as CNC TS AoE III M amp M DM HL II BF among others -Games would Anyone? Problem Reinstalling DirectX/GPU - Help, crash randomly sprites get messed up after rendering -Did diagnostic everything s fine Reinstalled drivers just for the hell of it Checked seating of GPU it s fine checke PSU it s fine W -Did DirectX diag turns out I m missing a bunch of components and it recommends I reinstall but when I try it says that my DirectX is up to date Is this a problem with my GPU incompatibility with my PC or Directx How do I reinstall DirectX without going to a system restore point or am I required to do so Please help I m desperate to get back to photoshopping and gaming nbsp

A:Reinstalling DirectX/GPU Problem - Help, Anyone?

Hiya and welcome

This is the link to re-install DirectX:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...20-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

If that still doesn't help, can you tell us what files its missing?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-directx-gpu-problem-help-anyone.572334/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me with a problem that I havn't been able to fix for a while. I recently wiped the harddrive of my computer because it was infected with a trojan/rootkit, and it was the only safe way to be rid of it. So when I tried to reinstall windows onto the computer This message appears:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:\Windows\inf\biosinfo.inf

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-Rom. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.
I tried repairing it, Ive tried using several different CDs but nothing I can think of is working. Anyone know what to do??

Thanks,
Christian

A:Problem reinstalling harddrive

Check if this helps http://www.paranormal-marketing.com/2008/05/09/biosinfoinf/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267506/problem-reinstalling-harddrive/
Relevancy 40.85%

Because my Pc was running sluggish and slow and may have been infected with malware/adware i decided to back up all my stuff to dvd and format my HDD and reinstall windows from scratch. I booted the XP CD from BIOS, removed the old partition and created a new 1, went to format ready for installation but after it gets to 100% it says windows cannot install due to errors on the Disk Drive. I tried doing the same thing on my slave but it comes up with the same error. Am i doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

A:Fresh Reinstalling XP problem

Which formatting option did you choose ? Quick or Full ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-reinstalling-xp-problem.680104/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have reinstalled windows vista on my laptop. All is fine except for two things.
1. Upon awaking from sleep the screen is static covered like an old TV. I still have control and can use the computer, but can't see through the static.
2. It connects to my wireless networks but cannot connect to the internet.
I have installed the drivers that came with the computer and it is operating fine, but I can't connect to the internet and have to restart it if it awakes form sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 40.85%

I am trying to reinstall iTunes on my HP Pavilion ze2000 running XP. I downloaded iTunesSetup.exe, but when I try to run it, I just get a Windows Installer dialog box which lists the Installer version and a bunch of options (e.g. "display options" "restart options"). When I press OK on that dialog box, it goes away but nothing else happens. The iTunes installation never starts. Could someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

A:Problem reinstalling iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925 (Windows XP)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923 (Windows Vista/7)

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-itunes.987632/
Relevancy 40.85%

I can start up my computer and everything works fine detecting hardware and etc. I can enter the BIOS. But whenever I reach the XP loading screen, it beeps once and then a restart occurs. Suggestions?

Relevancy 40.85%

when i try to install win-xp pro sp i followed these steps- booted from CD -successfull setup the disk c to be format NTFS tried quick N slow both - successfull setup formatted N copied the files successfully But after copying files at the time of restart system doesnt restart and gets off if i start again it again crash i have tried boot from CD and Hard disk both butthe same result but if i try after half an hour it install windows successfully why it doesnt boot itself My system info As follos DMI BIOS -------- vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD version PG date DMI System Information ---------------------- manufacturer LG Electronics product MS- version serial unknown UUID FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF-FFFFFFFF DMI Baseboard ------------- vendor MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD model MS- revision serial unknown DMI System Enclosure -------------------- manufacturer unknown chassis type Desktop chassis serial unknown DMI Processor ------------- manufacturer Intel model Intel R Pentium R CPU clock speed MHz FSB speed MHz multiplier x DMI Processor ------------- Problem in while Win-XP Reinstalling sp3 Booting manufacturer Intel model Problem in Booting Win-XP sp3 while Reinstalling Intel R Pentium R CPU clock speed MHz FSB speed MHz multiplier x DMI Memory Controller --------------------- correction unknown Max module size MBytes DMI Memory Module ----------------- designation A size MBytes single bank DMI Memory Module ----------------- designation A Problem in Booting Win-XP sp3 while Reinstalling DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation PRIMARY IDE internal connector On Board IDE DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation SECONDARY IDE internal connector On Board IDE DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation FDD internal port type FIFO Compatible connector On Board Floppy DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation COM internal port type Serial Port connector Pin Dual Inline pin cut connector DB- male DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation COM internal port type Serial Port connector Pin Dual Inline pin cut connector DB- male DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation LPT internal port type Parallel Port ECP EPP connector DB- female connector DB- female DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation Keyboard internal port type Keyboard Port connector PS connector PS DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation PS Mouse internal port type Mouse Port connector PS connector PS DMI Port Connector ------------------ designation USB external port type USB DMI Extension Slot ------------------ designation PCI type PCI width bits populated no DMI Extension Slot ------------------ designation PCI type PCI width bits populated no DMI Extension Slot ------------------ designation PCI type PCI width bits populated yes DMI Extension Slot ------------------ designation PCI type PCI width bits populated yes DMI Extension Slot ------------------ designation AGP type AGP width bits populated yes DMI Physical Memory Array ------------------------- location Motherboard usage System Memory correction None max capacity MBytes max of devices DMI Memory Device ----------------- designation A format DIMM type unknown size MBytes DMI Memory Device ----------------- designation A format DIMM type unknown

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-in-booting-win-xp-sp3-while-reinstalling-395023.html
Relevancy 40.85%

So I am on Window XP x edition Due to certain issue my previous version of directX was removed with DirectX Eradicator I tried the directX rollback wizard with the CD it doesn't work I also manually downloaded directx feb redist exe from the microsoft website which also doesn't work Here's the error message it gives me DirectX log Quote dxdllreg ----- start DxDllReg ----- dxdllreg ERROR Unable to load list dxdllreg ----- start to register C WINDOWS inf dxdllreg inf DX RetailDLLs ----- DirectX9c reinstalling Problem dxdllreg C WINDOWS inf dxdllreg inf DX RetailDLLs doesn't have RegisterOCXs entry dxdllreg ----- end DxDllReg ----- infinst WinMain ParseInfSection failed DXSetup No command line switch DXSetup StartWizard DXSetup CDXWSetup DXSetup start installation DSETUP DirectXSetupA hWnd E dwFlags dsetup SetupForDirectX start dsetup DXSetupCommand DXSetup DSetupCallback Phase Steps dsetup DirectXSetupIsJapanese dsetup DirectXSetupIsJapanNec dsetup Installing on Windows Server SP bit dsetup Installation ended with value Installation succeeded DXSetup WM APP ENDINSTALL DXSetup CDXWSetup DXSetup No command line switch DXSetup StartWizard DXSetup CDXWSetup DXSetup start installation DSETUP DirectXSetupA hWnd C dwFlags Problem reinstalling DirectX9c dsetup SetupForDirectX start dsetup DXSetupCommand DXSetup DSetupCallback Phase Steps dsetup DirectXSetupIsJapanese dsetup DirectXSetupIsJapanNec dsetup Installing on Windows Server SP bit dsetup Installation ended with value Installation succeeded DXSetup WM APP ENDINSTALL DXSetup CDXWSetup DXError log Quote -------------------- module dxupdate Feb file dxupdate cpp line function GetDXVersion Failed API RegQueryValueEx Error - The system cannot find the file specified Current DirectX may be a older version which does not have the version value in the registry -------------------- module dxupdate Feb file dxupdate cpp line function DirectXUpdateGetSetupInformation GetDXVersion failed -------------------- module dsetup Feb file dxupdate cpp line function CSetup InstallPlugIn DirectXUpdateInstallPlugIn failed -------------------- module dsetup Feb file setup cpp line function CSetup SetupForDirectX InstallPlugIn failed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-reinstalling-directx9c-462064.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I try to reinstall my desktop computer these days, but something weird just happen.
After I boot from my my install dvd , it did show that "windows is loading files" ,but after that,just before showing "starting windows" , My computer suddenly shut down and restart immediately than boot from DVD again.
Who can tell me why did this happen >< ??

These are my hardware equipment , it's custom build
CPU- i7 3770
RAM- just know is DDR3 12GB....
Graphics Card - GTX 550TI
Motherboard - b75ma P45
Power Supply- XIGMATEK NRP PC602

I've try both 64 or 32bit install DVD, but it still do the same......

A:Problem reinstalling win7

Is it really shutting down? Or power off/on all of a sudden? Or do you see a blue screen with error message for a split second?

UEFI firmware? If so UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/288674-problem-reinstalling-win7.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I started re-installing Windows XP service pack 3 on my netbook from dell (mini8 series) and after the first re-start, the blue screen setup comes and tells me that there is NOT enough space to install XP. When I try to delete the partition data it doesn't allow me because it tells me that "it contains files needed for the reinstalling".
Anyone knows how to get out of this catch-22?

Also Windows XP doesn't start anymore in any mode (safe, etc..)

Thanks a lot

A:Reinstalling XP in a netbook problem

and welcome to the Forum

If you get the message "it contains files needed for the reinstalling". you have not booted from the installation disc.

You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Once you get XP loaded you will likely need to install drivers . . for that, you go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers

See this for the order they should be installed:

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=en&l=en&s=dhs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reinstalling-xp-in-a-netbook-problem-442740.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I was playing game when suddenly my computer shut off When I tryed to reboot the computer it got as far as before the Windows logo but never showed it My computer would not start up I backed up everything on my computer to an external hard drive I did a clean reinstall of windows with the repair disk But the strange thing is it still won't start up I didn't have that backed up data on the external drive attached to my computer when Please not problem help Reinstalling my the Computer fix does I tried to start up again so it has nothing to do with that external drive My Dad thinks it has something to do with the computer bios but he doesn't want to edit anything in there since he is afraid Reinstalling my Computer does not fix the problem Please help of making things worse My Dad also thought it Reinstalling my Computer does not fix the problem Please help had something to do with the computer memory since when he tried to start up the computer through Norten it had an error about not having enough memory Can anyone help us fix this problem

A:Reinstalling my Computer does not fix the problem Please help

Hi,

To rule out memory as the issue I'd advise removing all memory then inserting 1 stick at a time to see if it boots up. If you experience the same from all sticks then you may want to try opening the bios and selecting 'BIOS defaults'.

Note
BIOS access and settings vary with each brand. Check your computer documentation on how to correctly change BIOS settings.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124078-reinstalling-my-computer-does-not-fix-problem-please-help.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i have a hp m7060n and I recently tried installing a new motherboard, but the memory didnt fit. But thats not important. anyways, i put the old mobo back in. when i start up the comp, the hp logo comes up fine. then after about 5 seconds, the fan gets really loud and fast, and the comp crashes. any suggestions so i wont have to goto best buy (which i really dont want to do)?

A:After reinstalling motherboard, a problem

Suggests that the heatsink is not correctly in place on the CPU, its overheating (only takes a few seconds to overheat).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-reinstalling-motherboard-a-problem.435867/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey This thread is actually not dedicated to myself but to a friend of mine This is relevant since I can't provide as accurate information as I'd normally do The computer reinstalling Java Problem is running Windows Home Premium bit but I don't know much more than that But anyway here Problem reinstalling Java it goes The problem is that he had some problem with Problem reinstalling Java Java it stopped working for unexplained Problem reinstalling Java reasons When he tried to uninstall reinstall there was even more problems and that's where we are now The problem is that he cannot uninstall or even open the installer because of an error message very unspecified quot There is a problem with this Windows installer package A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run Contact your support personnel or package vendor quot It doesn't say which one so I just gave him some general advice He tried CCleaner Revo Uninstaller and Absolute Uninstaller and still no improvement Both the uninstallers gave the same error message and CCleaner fixed lots of registry errors but it didn't solve the problem I now have no idea what to do so if you guys could give us some suggestions it would be awesome EDIT We also tried a script made by quot Daz quot third post over at http www appdeploy com messageboards tm asp m - still no good news didn't even seem to do anything to his version of Java as it's all still there folders files and it's listed in the quot uninstall programs quot -list

A:Problem reinstalling Java

Perform a system restore from the point BEFORE, he tried to install the first time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/111051-problem-reinstalling-java.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello world So a few days back I built a PC for my friend and RC reinstalling when Big problem Win7 64-bit we installed Windows RC Big problem when reinstalling Win7 RC 64-bit -bit in it Then we realized that the audio didn't work at all and we tried every kind of driver we could find for it but it didn't work out Yesterday we decided to try reinstalling the OS in case something had gone wrong during the installation there was a power failure when the OS was up and running but still installing drivers Well I rebooted the PC and put in the RC installation disc I clicked the format button to Big problem when reinstalling Win7 RC 64-bit clear the HDD and tried installing but when it reached in the quot expanding files quot section the installation crashed and said something about some dll file missing Well today we decided to try again and I took the HDD home and formatted it with the Win disk management option by deleting the partitions the mb thingy that the OS makes when installing and the rest and made a new NTFS partition Then back to my friend's house what an awful lot of driving I tell ya I plugged the HDD in and tried to reinstall it complained again about files missing but the error message was different this time I'll attach a picture of the text sorry for the crappy quality of my Nokia 's camera The setup is something like this ASRock AS DE AMD Phenom II x BE ATI Radeon HD x gb Corsair XMS DDR MHz Antec EarthWatts W Antec Sonata III Samsung SpinPoint F gb Optiarc s DVD -RW About the sound problem My Big problem when reinstalling Win7 RC 64-bit setup which is visible in my profile has had no audio problems so far and doesn't seem to be getting any I'm wondering if my friend's mobo's sound circuit could be broken And first of all how can I get the OS installer to work I've tried different installation disks of Win and both of them give the same result How can any files be missing shouldn't all the files be included with the iso image I burnt on the DVD It worked for my PC and worked for the first time on his PC too Is something wrong with the HDD and what to do with it if there is My friend is pretty much pissed and almost ready to whack the whole PC into pieces with an axe We had to resort in installing Ubuntu so he can even access the Internet the sound doesn't work on Linux either btw since neither of us has a copy of XP or Vista If I forgot some crucial information about anything please ask I'd like to have this solved since well you know why

A:Big problem when reinstalling Win7 RC 64-bit

I would try re-downloading the RC-1 client. Chances are, something was corrupted in the original RC-1 you're using if you've made multiple CD burns from it with the same results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/18430-big-problem-when-reinstalling-win7-rc-64-bit.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey all.. wondering if any of you could help me..
Yesterday night i download a program called GameXP thats supposed to enhance the computer for games and stuff.. It kinda ****ed up my PC and since then each time i started Windows XP i would get some Messages from Norton Internet Security saying that there were some files missing and that NIS could not run. So i uninstalled it and Installed it again but each time i try to install i get asked for a file called NPF.MSI ... THe problem is that i cant find that file anywhere on my computer.. so i click Cancel and then the Installation Exits...

Also im getting tons of erros from programs .. sigh.. im rlly pissed...

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me.

San

A:Problem Reinstalling NIS 2004

Hi, One thing you might be able to do is run a Restore to just before you installed that GameXP- hang on for other advice, tho for now. A Restore just now might not work too well....
Someone may have tried that program and be able to help you. Have you tried the XP forum or Games forum?
Not saying you have, but it is not a good idea to post multiple threads....gets kinda confusing for you as well as those here helping you....your thread could be moved to one of those, tho.
If you suspect a hijack or spyware problem, go ahead and get HijackThis log posted---please follow the directions, you should see those in almost any current thread in Security. Post your HijackThis log here in a reply. That would help clean up any bad stuff....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-reinstalling-nis-2004.192348/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi
I have installed windows many times but have never come across this problem.
All the installs I normally do are full oem disc's not recovery disc's.
Booting from the recovery disc the install seems to go as normal until the reboot.
Then I get a message "Windows could not load because a files is missing"
<windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
Any ideas on how to get windows loaded on this machine, I would be eternally grateful

Relevancy 40.42%

hey everyone ive been having some problems with some games every since i formatted my computer some games that worked perfectly fine before i formatted are now giving me a very unusual problem for example i installed nhl which used to work perfectly but now after formatting i try to play it and the games problem Weird after reinstalling players faces and jerseys are completely gone i can see right thru where the face should be to the ice its happening in fifa also where the entire player is invisible and all i see are their shadows and the ball i can still control them and play ok but they are invisible i just installed a new game nascar and the car is invisible and all i see are Weird problem after reinstalling games the guages like the speedo and tachometer this is a very baffling problem to me and Weird problem after reinstalling games im not even sure what to search for in google as all my attempts have turned up nothing im hoping you here can help me or at least suggest something i havnt tried i updated my video card drivers after i formatted so they re the most up to date and i think everything else should be configured the same Weird problem after reinstalling games why could this be happening and how is it resolved thanks in advanced for the replies everyone nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

well after a few days of trawling forums and support pages and trying various suggestions i ve finally given in joined up and posted everything was fine until i decided i wanted a quieter PC changed the CPU fan it was too close to psu so got a taller case at the same time i thought i d do some house cleaning and used easy-cleaner to dump some trash sound decided to play up software sounds worked fine but when playing any kind of audio file through any player the PC crashed after about secs of music assumed irqs may problem soundcard reinstalling [Resolved] have changed when swapping components between cases and caused some confusion so reinstalled sound card forcing windows to use Hercules drivers a common [Resolved] problem reinstalling soundcard xp problem but the PC crashed at end of each component install sound card hang reset game port hang reset etc after final restart i got a message along the lines of quot not a valid windows something quot assuming a corrupt driver file i downloaded it again but with same results notice sound graphics and usb are all on irq so try moving soundcard to diff pci PC [Resolved] problem reinstalling soundcard wont [Resolved] problem reinstalling soundcard power up bottom pci is now only slot which doesn t cause this i have to have sound OR internet I assume this is either damage to mobo from shifting cards but i am careful and the mobo is only months old alternatively i think the mobo may not be sitting quite right in the case so slots are being temperamental anyone any ideas especially on the sound side any help is appreciated to stop me plucking my nasal hairs as self punishment for not leaving well alone windows xp pro athlon xp jetway v u via kt geforce gamesurround fortissimo maxtor rpm G ram philips cdrw matsushita dvd nbsp