Windows Support Forum

Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

Q: Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a 4y old Sony VAIO (VGN-NS11J) that stopped working today morning after making a whirring noise

Repeated attempts to restart failed and after many attempts, I managed to get to the Startup Repair mode - after a long time, startup repair says it failed to automatically repair the problem

I managed to run system restore but after a while I got the following message: "System restore failed due to an unspecified error. The disk strucgture is corrupted and unreadable (0X80070571)

My laptop did not come with a Windows Vista CD/Recovery disk

My first priority is to recover a few files in the laptop - if I am able to do this, then I dont mind junking the laptop

Since this is an old laptop, I would prefer not to use an expensive professional to recover the data

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rgds

A:Sony VAIO running Vista doesn't start-up, system restore doesn't work

You may be able to retrieve your data by using Ubuntu. Post #3 in this topic provides instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479918/sony-vaio-running-vista-doesnt-start-up-system-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey all I just got a new Vaio VGN FS B and would really appreciate your help It has GB hard drive space and I am considering doing different partitions but do not know how I have got quite a lot of music and documents some programs but no games or videos how many partitions would you recommend how can I Keep And Which Partitions? FS515B. New now? VGN Software? Vaio Laptop alter C it has GB at the moment but I just want windows on it so that the quot free GB quot are transferred to another logical partition i e z found it quite hard to do with Fdisk what else should I do with the laptop BEFORE starting to transfer my files on it Should I keep the Vaio software My laptop screen flashes from time to time maybe once a minute Should I give it back I know this is a very broad query but I would be more than grateful for a reply Thank you all very much L

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-laptop-vgn-fs515b-and-now-which-partitions-keep-vaio-software-106619.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I bought this Sony VAIO less than months ago Specs can be found here http www sony com sg product vgn-z gn sku vgn-z gn b e I upgraded the RAM to GB from the GB provided Within weeks of using this I have had multiple BSOD namely IRQL LESS OR EQUAL type of errors I thought I had isolated it to the Symantec Endpoint Protection v software and normally using System Restore would fix it The BSOD and crashes continue to come on and off in Normal Sony BSOD, Business Mode - with Lots start Now VAIO of wont Vista and would normally be fixed when I do a System Restore This time it just refuses to start in Normal Mode Multiple System Restores Cleanup Nothing different was done - no new HW or SW updates I Sony VAIO with Business Vista - Lots of BSOD, Now wont start in Normal Mode ve submitted a service request to MS - gt no response I couldnt download anything online cos it couldnt validate that it was Genuine and I didnt get any better help from the Sony helpdesk Lady on the phone told me to just restore everything to factory default Would appreciate if someone can look at the minidump files and let me know how I can Sony VAIO with Business Vista - Lots of BSOD, Now wont start in Normal Mode fix this problem once and for all Thank you very much nbsp

A:Sony VAIO with Business Vista - Lots of BSOD, Now wont start in Normal Mode

Uploading all my minidumps in zip format

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-with-business-vista-lots-of-bsod-now-wont-start-in-normal-mode.833887/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Guys
i have SONY VAIO VPCEB4C5E,
After Having Liquid Spilled on my Screen, it was not working for few hours,
then i took to local repair and they did it worked, so everything is working fine. However i doubt that, when i press Power Button, it tooks about 7-8 seconds to start loading SONY LOGO and then WINDOWS 7 comes up, as i remember, Before it got spilled, and prev time, on pressing power button, it was loading LOGO immediately max 1-1.5 sec, i'm afraid.

This is happening at shutdown as well, after pressing shutdown, firstly a Black screen appear for a few seconds and then my vaio is shutting down., I guess there is something changed in Bios, maybe by Local repairers.

Please be advised, Thanks, Levan.

A:SONY VAIO Slows At Start Up, Before SONY Logo Loads.

If I'm understanding correctly, your Vaio is taking about 7-8 seconds longer to start. At shutdown you're getting a black screen and it's taking a few seconds longer than what you're used to. But is everything else in between (opening programs, searching on the internet, etc) working OK?

If it is, my first reaction is to say don't worry about it. I have a VPCEB47GM and it takes about 10 seconds for the Sony logo to appear and about 50 seconds total to be able to use Windows 7. On shutdown I usually get a black screen for about 5 seconds but the rest of the shutdown process takes about 30 seconds to finish.

Do you know what your BIOS settings were before you took the machine into the repair shop? If you do, you could compare them to how the BIOS is set now. But if you don't know how the BIOS was originally configured, I wouldn't be changing anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237958-sony-vaio-slows-start-up-before-sony-logo-loads.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Guys
i have SONY VAIO VPCEB4C5E,
After Having Liquid Spilled on my Screen, it was not working for few hours,
then i tool to local repair and they did it worked, so everything is working fine. However i doubt that, when i press Power Button, it tooks about 7-8 seconds to start loading SONY LOGO and then WINDOWS 7 comes up, as i remember, Before it got spilled, and prev time, on pressing power button, it was loading LOGO immediately max 1-1.5 sec, i'm afraid.

This is happening at shutdown as well, after pressing shutdown, firstly a Black screen appear for a few seconds and then my vaio is shutting down., I guess there is something changed in Bios, maybe by Local repairers.

Please be advised, Thanks, Levan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-slows-at-start-up-before-sony-logo-loads-653161.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an old Sony Vaio PCG FRV laptop that doesn t bootup It starts with a black screen with quot VAIO quot logo at center and intel inside at lower right side and stays there After - minutes it goes to a black screen and stalls I tried restarting but with the same issue It was sitting idle and shut down for a few months and I wanted to check to see if it is still working and last week it was working ok I bootup VAIO doesn't Sony was able to bootup although it was slow However it did not have any wireless network connection It couldnt detect any wireless networks and no wireless connection option in the networklist in control panel So i tried searching for wireless cards in device manager and no wireless card showed up in device manager So I tried Sony VAIO doesn't bootup to access setup from BIOS by pressing F as BIOS instructed me and that is when the bootup problems started Any help in the matter is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Sony VAIO doesn't bootup

What did you change in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-doesnt-bootup.1021504/
Relevancy 76.54%

Sony tech support is shut until Monday...

Could someone help me with this strange problem. My girlfriends Sony VAIO notebook plays DVD's fine but does not recognise cd's.

It is pretty new and was pricy. I know for sure that this problem is at least a month old. It started with problems playing a spice girls cd. Then a rewritable cd a few weeks ago. Today the Sims CD didn't work. Finally the dots connected. Problem is with the CD reader.

I assume this is software related because DVD's play fine.

Could someone tell me where I should begin trouble shooting.

A:Sony Vaio doesn't recognise CD's

Do you have a bootable CD?

Do you know how to configure the computer to boot to a bootable CD?

If yes to both, do so. If it succeeds, you know the problem is within Windows or a program.

If it fails, you know the problem is the drive [ or possibly the bootable CD. Be sure to try > 1 bootable CD if the 1st one fails. ]

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-doesnt-recognise-cds.686430/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I'm looking into why my son-in-laws Vaio VGN-FS115Z laptop doesn't power up. Would appreciate any pointers.

Have done all the obvious (reseated CPU, removed etc memory, run with power supply, checked out HDD elsewhere).

Symptons are :-

Power button works , turns machine on and off.
No backlight, no screen, no Bios beeps (even if you remove memory etc)
3 leds (Caps lock / Numlock / Shift lock) all stay on.
All chips get warm after a while.
No sounds (beeps or otherwise)
CPU fan doesn't seem to start up - not sure if it needs the CPU to get really hot first, though.
Almost as if it's lost a power line, or CPU is dead, but drive, battery, mains, wifi leds all come on and appear to work fine.

Any pointers gratefully received...

Cheers,

A:Sony Vaio doesn't power up

I've seen this on your identical model of laptop during a service for a client. We RMA'd it back to SONY and they ended up replacing the motherboard. At least that's what the cryptic service notes said when it was returned.

In my own technical opinion though it doesn't look good. When your motherboard doesn't respond at all...it's never a good thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-doesnt-power-up.712389/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi!

Could anyone possibly help? This problem has been driving me crazy lately.
In the last few days, suddenly the CD drive on my Sony Vaio laptop only recognises certain CDs. It seems to play DVDs fine, but most of the CDs I've tried aren't even recognised when they worked fine a few days ago.
None of them are scratched & I wiped them all, but it still doesn't recognise them.
They seem to work fine on my CD player but not my laptop.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me. Regards, Rachel.

Relevancy 75.25%

I was working fine with my lap, then i hibernate it as i ever do it, and go take a shower...

I return, take my lap and head for school... When i arrived there, i try to turn on my lap, and it doesn't turn on anymore...

When i press the power button, the power LED turn on and stays, batt 1 and 2 flashes, but that's all... It doesn't start anything, neither show SONY on screen or turns on the HDD...

I have followed the steps on Sony support site, but it doesn't work =(

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thank you!

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a SONY VAIO VCGRC210G that I used System Mechanic Drive Scrubber to delete all old data. It also deleted the operating system (Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2). When I try to install Windows XP the BIOS shows both RAIDO drives, but you cannot access them. It also won't let me switch to boot using a CD drive. Even using a removable floppy drive, it won't boot because the BIOS doesn't recognize the USB port the floppy is plugged into. I found a forum somewhere that said I should unplug the BIOS and reinstall. I have no idea how to do that and cannot find a diagram of the motherboard to show where it is located. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thin to boot? I bought a new computer and wanted to give this one to a school, but it needs to be operable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgcrc210g-bios-doesnt-reconize-hard-drives.917672/
Relevancy 73.53%

Sony VAIO VGCRC210G BIOS doesn't reconize hard drives I have a SONY VAIO VCGRC210G and it dose not see the hard drives. It also won't let me switch to boot using a CD drive. Anyone have any ideas how to get this thin to boot?

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I have a year-old Sony VAIO with XP Won't VAIO Start w/XP Up Sony Home System generally runs well no problems But a few weeks ago when I restarted the machine I generally never shut it off Sony VAIO w/XP Won't Start Up it only booted into XP after I started up in Safe Mode a few times--not that I m making a causal connection just a comment I m writing this on an W K machine which is part of my little network Now after about an hour I m still looking at the Windows XP start up screen with the little blue quot progress quot bar Perhaps it s doing something intensive but the HD is quiet I haven t a clue In safe mode with networking I checked the hardware and everything seems OK I can get into the system via any of the Safe Modes Is there anything I can look at there which would give me a hint as to the problem Is there anything I can set in safe mode I ve looked at the event log and nothing of interest appears there at least to my novice eyes except the note that quot A port was listed as an exception when the Windows Firewall was started quot I tried downloading a refreshed NVIDIA driver I tried restoring to a previous point all to no avail Any thoughts besides buy a new machine ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATE LATE BREAKING UPDATE My system is back up and running after using System Restore RON nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-w-xp-wont-start-up.343100/
Relevancy 73.1%

This is strange -- to me anyway.
The machine is a Sony Vaio PCG-F360 running Win 2K.
When I turn the computer on everything proceeds nicely to the Windows start page, then the little "blue scroll" starts and gets about halfway across and "PSST" the computer turns itself OFF!
The same thing happens in Safe Mode.
I have reloaded Windows. I ran a diagnostic on the HDD. I even completely erased the HDD re-formated and loaded Windows again AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!! The computer just shuts down at the Windows start page.

Any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-will-not-start-up.560675/
Relevancy 73.1%

I had some problem with some viruses which I managed to remove with Malaware. i then downloaded the latest windows updates, when it asked to restart the computer, it has never managed to restart successfully again.

I have tried all the options that appear on the screen; i.e safe mode, last known good config and normal. But the computer just hangs with the windows logo screen.

I have photos on their that I need to back up, and although I have read how to potentially restore the system, I can't work out how to save my data.

What is the problem and how do I solve it ?

A:Help I cant get me Sony VAIO to start

There should be a restore point made before the update install. Try a restore from safe mode.
Go to the options menu where you selected last known good configuration, but instead select:
Safe Mode with Command Prompt then hit Enter.
At the Command Prompt, type:
C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe then hit Enter.
Follow the instructions to perform the System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-i-cant-get-me-sony-vaio-to-start.900243/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a Sony Vaio (FZ290), and I'm pretty happy with it in general.
There are 2 problems however:

1) When I try and put it into standby, about half the time it doesn't go into standby, just turns off the screen, and keeps everything else on. The lights on the front indicate that it is still on, but the screen stays blank no matter what I do.
I've waited for 30 minutes for it to go into standby before cutting the power manually with the button...

2) When I do get it into standby, about half the time on resume from standby, explorer.exe crashes. I'm not sure why, but it's bloody annoying. It starts back up, however it is still annoying to have it doing that...

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I do not have SP1 yet, but I will be trying that today.

A:Sony Vaio (FZ290) doesn't go into standby correctly, explorer.exe crashes on resume

I was going to suggest SP1 but it looks like you're in the process.
I usually disable all of the power management in the BIOS, and let Windows take care of it.
I tend to be re-format happy, but the first thing I do when I get a new lappy is to reformat and get all that proprietary software off it. Ever see the mac comercial where the guy is all fat and blated? Anyway, factory laptops are installed via an image. Sometimes that image is less than perfect causing instability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-fz290-doesnt-go-into-standby-correctly-explorer-exe-crashes-on-resume.105231/
Relevancy 72.24%

I turned on pc this morning and it gave me the options of repair computer(recomended) or start windows normally.

I chose the recomended and all that happends now is that i get microsoft with a box below with a pulse running along it.....

I just want my pc back

I have spoke to pc world (eventually) and found them little help!

Relevancy 72.24%

So my co-worker asked me to take a look at his Laptop today after work. After pressing Power, you get the Sony Vaio display, then the next screen is all black and says Starting Windows with a loading bar right under it. After about 5 or 6 seconds the loading bar goes away, and the Screen just stays frozen. I've attached a picture, of how the screen looks. On the top of the Screen, it looks like there should be some Image there, but it's all broken. You'll see what I mean in the picture.
I was thinking of re-formatting the hard drive.. Does anyone have any thoughts?

- Mike

A:Sony Vaio, Win 7. Can't get past start up

Restart the computer and press F8. In the Advanced Boot Menu, try Safe Mode. Does that work? Also in this menu, choose Repair Your Computer. If that fails, it takes you to the RE (Recovery Environment). Here choose Command Prompt and type chkdsk C: /R and press enter. Check Disk will try and fix any file errors. Also in the RE, you can choose System Restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-win-7-cant-get-past-start-up-643739.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Last Night I Was Using My Sony Vaio Laptop And The Battery Came Out While It Was Loading. I Turned It On Again And Then The Safe Mode Menu Came Up. I Selected To For Windows To Start Normally, That Screen Went Away And Then The Screen Was Black And It Stayed That Way. I Then Restarted The Computer And Tried Every Other Option Available And Nothing.

Any Ideas On What Can I Do I Feel Like Throwing My Computer Out My Window.

Thanks,
Josy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-wont-start-285796.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a re-occurring problem with my 1year old Sony Vaio. When I switch it on, it often goes to a page where it says 'windows was unable to start'. When I press 'start windows normally' it starts up with vaio logo and sometimes windows logo, but then stops and redirects me to a page that is blue to check for problems, but stays on this for hours, never resolving the issue. I have tried taking battery out, booting in safe mode (which doesn't work) and using last known working settings, but still can't get to log in page. Am very confused, any help appreciated.

A:Sony Vaio unable to start...

Did it come with any recovery discs....it my have a recovery partition....access by tapping F10 on startup.

If it has a recovery partition and is working...if you choose this option it will ERASE all you data and put the PC back to when you got it.

so you WILL LOOSE all you data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-unable-to-start.1018867/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Sony Viao model VGC-RB Recently I have been experiencing a series of freezes in which I could not hold the power button down to turn 2005 Sony Start Won't Vaio it off Over the past weeks I ve been experiencing freezes but no explanation for them My computer is in great condition space years old and clean of any viruses In each those cases I have been forced to plug it out my computer because it would not respond to any CTRL ALT DEL or holding the power button down Before the computer was able to start back Sony Vaio 2005 Won't Start up again but I received NO prompt or warning that my computer has been incorrectly shut down which is strange I immediately ran some checks on the system checking the device manager to see if all hardware was working properly and they were Then I checked to see if my harddrive was damaged Last night after holding it down for well over minutes I was forced to pull the power plug on it However after doing so my computer has refused to start up I can hear the fan spinning the lights blink at the front and it makes a sound that signals that it has been turned on but less than seconds later and powers back down again I don t smell anything strange that may hint at anything being fried Is there anything I can do nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-2005-wont-start.100109/
Relevancy 72.24%

I own a Sony Vaio VX 88 Notebook. It started giving me an increasing number of error messages on StartUp and then just died. Now it will not boot in safe mode or any other kind of mode indicating there is no OS. Starting from recovery disk it cranks along for a while and then gives some strange system error message. As it tries to reboot the hard-drive is incrediably noisy. Thus I am now torn between thinking I had a major meltdown in Windows or my hard-drive is fried. Whichever at the moment I can't do anything with it and am in much need of help. Any ideas would be much appreciated............

James

A:No OS message on Sony Vaio at Start Up

Sounds like your HD is gone... Not much to do about it in that case, except to not use it until you can get the data out through any utility (GetDataBack as an example).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-os-message-on-sony-vaio-at-start-up-13822.html
Relevancy 72.24%

when i load my mates computer thats running on windows xp it gets up to where the blue xp bar is scrolling left to right and right to left and then all of a sudden it freezes can anyone help me and mate with this situation please

Relevancy 72.24%

I was given this computer which is a on will start Sony Vaio Windows not small unit running quot vista quot from my father in law this unit was being used by my son for some time and I had Windows will not start on Sony Vaio not noticed it around for some time Many months Found it in his room while he was away at school and when I powered it up this is the message I recieve Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the Windows will not start on Sony Vaio cause To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have the disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File windows system config system Status xc c Info Windows failed to load becasue the system registry file is missing or corrupt Conclusion - I do not have any installation disks can I get some advise and help on a fix so I can get my computer to boot to windows from the group on this forum Thanks Tim

A:Windows will not start on Sony Vaio

Microsoft Answers.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416942/windows-will-not-start-on-sony-vaio/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Sony Vaio and am having trouble starting it up. When I hit the power button, instead of the light turning green it turns orange and the computer sounds like it is starting and then after a little sound from the hard drive it just suspends and the only thing running sounds like the fan???

Any Help?

A:Computer Won't Start - Sony Vaio

Hi and welcome.

It could be several things. First thing to check is the cabling, so if you feel confident enough to go in the case make sure the cables are pushed in properly. Make sure the pc power is off and earth yourself so no static will fry anything. Be careful of power supply unit as this holds big charge - and it's this that could be the prob.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-start-sony-vaio.142381/
Relevancy 72.24%

I must have deleted a crucial file, if I try to start up,I get 'no operating system found'.Cannot get into safe mode to do virus check or systems restore..Put in restore disc, started to restore then said no hard disc found!? Any ideas?

A:cannot start up Sony VAIO laptop

It could be a loose power or data cable to your hard drive. Make sure they're tight. It also could be a failed hard drive, or corrupted hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-start-up-sony-vaio-laptop.36342/
Relevancy 72.24%

Dear Friends I have a Vaio Laptop VPCEB S E BJ I live in Germany My Laptops has a problem When i startup every morning i see the switch Problem SONY of VAIO Odd up Start button green in color light up and i can hear the machine starting but no logo of Odd Start up Problem of VAIO SONY Vaio appears neither does Bios Within seconds all of sudden it stops and light turns off And from this on green light continues to only blink After couple of attempts by pressing the button the computer start up normally and show's windows has some error i choose start normally the computer boot up normal and then whole of day I have no issue even if i shutdown the computer for to hour during day I shutdown computer every night normally and Installed the fresh Window OS several time to check if that's the reason I have also reinserted the CMOS Odd Start up Problem of VAIO SONY battery cable Also I tried to boot with a DVD Drive But was not picked up by my Machine I have set Bios such to First priority to DVD drive still it does not pick it up and proceeds to USB or Internal Hard drive However when computer completes the Loading Windows i can access DVD CD drive as normal from My computer option Please help me With Regards Tony

A:Odd Start up Problem of VAIO SONY

Dear tonyrajan,
How old is the sony vaio? I feel that it's a startup button problem that's got to be checked for connections loose! How's the health of the battery?

You mentioned "some windows error message", can you kindly post what exactly is displayed?

Regards,
sreedhav

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217267-odd-start-up-problem-vaio-sony.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi guys I ve got this problem with my SONY VAIO VGN-NR D laptop that was purchased just a couple of months ago Up until yesterday it was working perfectly fine I was using Microsoft Office Power Point yesterday just reading slides and had to leave the computer for a little while so I put it on Sleep mode When I came back and got it back to operational mode it worked fine for a up Sony up VAIO after Freezing start minute but then as I was trying to connect to Sony VAIO Freezing up after start up the wireless internet Sony VAIO Freezing up after start up network in my school it froze At first I didn t think anything of it it has never happened before during the same set of events I just described which I have done hunderds of times by now but when I restarted it and tried connecting again it froze again I had restarted it like times afterwards without connecting or having my wireless turned off completely but it would freeze anyways So after that the problem persisted even when I just tried to open any folder or even go to Star menu or even just freeze on random after being on for a Sony VAIO Freezing up after start up few minutes after complete start up I have ran system restore to a few days before since I thought the problem was due to a just installed scheduled security update but it didn t solve the problem I have tried running the Last Known Good Configuration but that worked only for like a minute longer might have been just a coninsidence and also performed virus scans at the end of which the comp froze again Note that it runs normally in Safe Mode so I figured that the core files are fine But have no idea what s causing the freeze up or how to even look for a problem My guess is reformat But I can t transfer any files or burn DVDs or CDs in Safe mode so all info will be lost Any suggestions Thanks a million in advance nbsp

A:Sony VAIO Freezing up after start up

Reformat is a last ditch effort when nothing else works. Even using 'Last known good configuration' can be put off while attempts are made to find a cause of the problem. Unfortunately, since you went back to 'last known', you will have lost some valuable information. So you're going to have to work with what appears since them:

The Event Viewer, found in the Control Panel> Administrative Tools has logs of everything that happens on the computer> the system, apps and security audits. By finding Errors in the Event Viewer that occur at the time of the problem, we can usually get enough information to find the cause, and hopefully the resolution:

Since you can get into Safe Mode with no problem, do that. Once in, follow this: You are going to look for Error Events that happened at the time of a freezes:
Here is the path: Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> right click> Properties on any Error> click on the Copy icon below the down arrow on the right> Paste here (Ctrl V)

Ignore Warnings. Ignore Information events. You do not need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description. IF you have multiples of the same Error> same ID#, same Source and same Description, you need only copy and paste one.

We'll go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-freezing-up-after-start-up.108767/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop VGN-S5HP/B.
When I press the power button, the power and battery LEDs flash then go off. The WLAN light flash as well.No noise (cpu fan in this case) is heard.The computer won't start then...
I have removed the battery and tried with the adapter only but the same occurs. I even changed th RAM but nothing works.
Any help is appreciated

A:Sony Vaio laptop won't start

Remove the battery and AC Adapter. Press and hold the power button for 2 minutes. Plug in the AC adapter and see if the computer turns on normally. If not, the laptop will have to be serviced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-wont-start.134587/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am having problems booting up, getting the windows failed to start screen each time. If I opt for repair, Windows is unable to repair, and if I opt for normal, Windows starts up. However it starts very slowly and I seem to be unable to install new programs to then work properly (I have recently tried FileHippo Udpate Checker and Secunia PSI but they won't run). I think I must have damaged something while removing a virus - possibly with ComboFix.

I have run Checkdisc several times and done other bits and pieces that I've seen might help, but with no noticable improvements. I don't know what to do, so any help would be much appreciated....

Thanks in advance!

A:Sony Vaio has problems with Vista start up

"I must have damaged something while removing a virus - possibly with ComboFix"...

I would recommend the you install Vista, but better yet, upgrade to Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-has-problems-with-vista-start-up.178918/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi so i have a sony vaio couple months old it i VPCEA FG E series itel core and well i was using my labtop at out of no where it turns off and starts againhowever a blue screen appears and says STARTUP REPAIR and the subheading is windows vannot reparir start sony starting not up up repair vaio HELP, this computer autmoatcially then the paragraph says sony vaio not starting up HELP, start up repair quot if u have sony vaio not starting up HELP, start up repair recenrtly attacted a device to this computer such as a camera or sony vaio not starting up HELP, start up repair portable music player remove it and restart computer If u continitue to tosee this message ontact our system admisntarture or computer manufacture for assitance quot i didnt attach muisc that was before i had speakers pluged in threw usb and took them out but this doesnt make sense and has a list of options however none of them seem to work and f going to safe mood doesnt work i try turning my compuer off and on and it does not work i see the vaio sighn then a window sigh then the blue screen keeps apearing i really need help please and im so sorry for the grammer im ina rush to fix this psidhu thanks

A:sony vaio not starting up HELP, start up repair

Hi I have removed your E-Mail for your own security this is a open forum and anyone can view it this would include spammers and a E-Mail address is a open invitation to them, thank you for understanding

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-not-starting-up-help-start-up-repair-595526.html
Relevancy 71.38%

i have a sony vaio laptop and it keep saying to install window but a red x show up and then it said window can not install window what do i do ?

A:Re: sony vaio not starting up HELP, start up repair

Hi jemale welcome to TSF I have moved you to a thread of your own so you may receive help for your issue what do you mean by it keeps saying to install windows when does it do this are you trying to install windows from your desktop please give some more info

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/re-sony-vaio-not-starting-up-help-start-up-repair-674441.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello i bought a Sony VAIO VGX-TP1E and when i turned it on to start up windows vista it came up with unexpected restart unable to install windows or unexpected error accured restart and install windows nothing happens except same message can anybody help please
taffc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-vgx-tp1e-initial-start-up-problem-307318.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My Vaio was so slow I went to crucial.com and ran their system scan to see if I could add memory. I bought their recommended 2 gig kit and removed my 512 card , installed their two 1 gig cards and then my system started just fine. I re-ran Crucials scan and it showed I only had 1 gig installed and one empty slot. So I shut down, removed and reinserted the two one gig cards, both clicked in just fine, but now when I started my Vaio again I just get a black screen. Lights on, I hear the fan running, but no start up. Any suggestions? Crucial support is closed for the night.

A:sony vaio with windows XP won't start after memory upgrade

check and make sure the ram chips are seated properly. Second if have access to another PC that has an internet connection download memtest86 and burn to a cd and run the program to check for any errors that maybe occuring in your ram chips

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-with-windows-xp-wont-start-after-memory-upgrade.716626/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi my friends, it is me again, Ran. wish you all more blessings to come and good health
by the way, i have another problem of my laptop, sony vaio VGN-NS240E.
Windows Both Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer. (I don’t have the disc in my current country)
2. Click “repair your computer.” (I did but it was just going back to windows error recovery page )
Info: windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt.

what should we do my friends? kindly help me. thank you, Ran.

A:NS Series Notebook Sony vaio -windows failed to start :(

You didn't say which Windows version it's running, and that's often important in order to recommend the most appropriate fix for a problem.
If you'd posted in the appropriate Windows forum that would have been better for the people trying to help you.

For Windows XP go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

For Windows Vista or Windows 7, boot your PC from the System Repair Disc which you should have made when your PC was working okay, then choose one of the repair options on the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ns-series-notebook-sony-vaio-windows-failed-to-start.1080286/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hiya
I was using a thread on this Microsoft Support to fix my cd rom drive as it wasn't showing up on My Computer, I'd done it before and it worked perfectly fine
I went on the registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
And deleted 'upperfilters' as per instruction, however there was no 'lowerfilters'
After this I restarted my laptop to see if it worked and my touchpad and keyboard wouldn't work!
I've had to borrow a friends USB mouse but have no keyboard (currently on my iPhone)
I've had to go onto a guest account on my laptop as I am unable to type in my password on my administrator account
Any way I can fix this with just the USB mouse?!

A:Touchpad and Keyboard on Sony Vaio 'failed to start (Code 10)'

This is going to sound like suggesting that you close the gate after the horse has left the corral, but any time you make any changes in the Registry you should back it up first with software like ERUNT.  Then if there is a problem you can revert it to the preveous working condition.

Please post the make and model of this computer?

Do you have a installation disc for your version of Windows Vista?  If not, do know someone who can loan you a disc of the same version and bit type?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502631/touchpad-and-keyboard-on-sony-vaio-failed-to-start-code-10/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I've been talking with people in the Sony won't programs 32-bit start... Windows Vista Laptop, some Vaio Windows Vista thread s and after a while of dabbling with various things it was Windows Vista 32-bit Sony Vaio Laptop, some programs won't start... suggested that I Windows Vista 32-bit Sony Vaio Laptop, some programs won't start... come here for some help The Topic I started in the Vista forum can be seen here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t vista- -bit-laptop-programs-have-stopped-working Essentially I have lost access to two programs I really need to be using Photoshop amp iTunes I have tried numerous clean un reinstall s of iTunes and associated software to no avail A few days ago both programs were working perfectly now when I try to load them they show up in processes on initial loading then 'Windows Problem Reporting' process flashes up and they vanish I have run the following programs to check for issues Avast Anti-Virus - Nothing found Malwarebytes - Found two 'PUP' issues one in file one in registry key SuperAntiSpyware - Lots of Adware Tracking cookies Stinger - Nothing found HouseCall - rootkit called 'NULL' marked under 'Hidden Files' now removed Dr Web CureIt - flagged CodeMeter exe as a possible threat and quarantined it I ran sfc scannow It told me Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them It then mentions the CBS log but I was unable to get into it to read it said 'Access Denied' I have tried a System Restore but I couldn't go back any further than a couple of days I've also tried Windows Startup Repair showed no issues I have run Combofix but the logs are a bit beyond my comprehension Any help would be much appreciated

A:Windows Vista 32-bit Sony Vaio Laptop, some programs won't start...

Adware Cleaner Scan.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Scan button.
When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

JRT Scan.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.

Shut down your anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click it and select Run as administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Please post the JRT log.

Adware Removal Tool Scan.

Download Adware removal tool to your desktop, right click the icon and select Run as Administrator.

Hit Ok.

Hit next make sure to leave all items checked, for removal.

The Program will close all open programs to complete the removal, so save any work and hit OK. Then hit OK after the removal process is complete, thenOK again to finish up. Post log generated by tool.

ZHP Scan.
Please download Zhp Cleaner  to your desktop.  Right Click the icon and select run as administrator.
 http://nicolascoolman.com/download/zhpcleaner

2. Once you have started the program, you will need to click the scanner button.

The program will close all open browsers!
3. Once the scan is completed, the you will want to click the Repair button.

At the end of the process you may be asked to reboot your machine. After you reboot a report will open on your desktop.
Copy and paste the report here in your next reply.
 Zemana Scan

Run a full scan with Zemana AntiMalware!
Install and select deep scan.

Remove any infections found.
Then click on the icon in the pic below.

Double click on the scan log, copy and paste here in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600012/windows-vista-32-bit-sony-vaio-laptop-some-programs-wont-start/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all, thanks for your eyes and brains,

Sony Vaio v505 shutdown successfully and then attempted to restart about 8 hours later.

In short: nothing happens.
No noises or lights or anything on the screen.

Plugged the AC adapter in: no lights; nothing indicating AC power or battery charging.

I took the RAM and re-inserted it. Nothing.

Is this a system board error?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

A:Laptop (Sony Vaio) won't boot, start; nothing; no lights or noises

Anything?
Anybody?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-sony-vaio-wont-boot-start-nothing-no-lights-or-noises-79364.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I recently bought a used Sony Vaio VPC-F22M0E (7 Ultimate x64) and it has been bluescreening with code 116 which I understand to be graphics related (NVIDIA GeForce GT540M GPU). I have tried downgrading the NVIDIA driver from the latest to the older version found on Sony's support site to no avail.

Using bluescreen viewer the following three sys files seem to be implicated.

dxgkrnl.sys
dxgmms1.sys
nvlddmkm.sys

Please could someone recommend a way to resolve these issues.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

Just to make things even more depressing, I've just received stop code A

bluescreen viewer implicated the file below:

ntoskrnl.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593716/bsod-116-sony-vaio/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all, I was playing this game called "Prius online" and I play for mabye 10-20 minutes then the BSOD pops up on me.....I copied only this.
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini090611-02.dmp
Im not sure what the problem is, but if you guys could can you please help me?

PS. My Sony Vaio model : VGN-FW140E

A:BSOD Sony vaio

Welcome
If you upload the files, you will be helped
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292430-bsod-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello everyone,
I am goin through a serious issue from my laptop.its blue screen dump of death.I have sony vaio vpcea23en with win7 home basic 64bit OS.I m having this problem from 3 years now and I was unable to find the exact solution.I took my lapatop to the authorized sony service centre twice but all they did was to format through the recovery disc and problem remained the same.now I am loosing my patience and tiered of this thing.pls you guys help me out.also the blue screen dump happens abruptly and 100 percent dumping to the physical memeory happened vey fast but I some how managed to take the pic of blue screen(my camera was ready rolling for 1/2 hr) and I got the pic.I am uploading the blue screen pic.if u can,pls,pls,pls,pls,pls,pls help me out.please.
thank you in advance.

A:Sony Vaio BSOD

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files, right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-bsod.205392/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all,

I have just recently got myself a Sony Vaio Pro 13 and I think I am having issues in regards to a BSOD. The symptoms seem to be related to power/standby but could be wrong.

Yesterday, I shut the lid and went away. Got back from lunch and realised the fan was on full-speed while the lid was down. On opening up the lid, blank screen and only way to get out of it was a holding the power button.

And same thing happened last night. The difference this time was that I had a message on-screen saying my pc had shutdown unexpectedly etc.

I'm running Windows 8 pro 64bit and having followed the instructions on the forum in regards to logs, I have attached these for your reference.

Appreciate any help in identifying the culprit.

Thanks
AJ

A:Sony Vaio Pro 13 BSOD (I think)

Disable Fast Startup and see if the problems continue: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

The reports are incomplete. Please rerun the data collection app and let it run for at least 15 minutes (or until the app itself says it's done). Then zip up the reports and upload them again.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28364-sony-vaio-pro-13-bsod-i-think.html
Relevancy 69.66%

How can I fix this. I have scanned the disk and did a memory test and all came back normal.

I can't boot in to safe mode, it just loads the files then stops.

The last file it loads is CLASSPNP.SYS, then it stops.

How can I fix this!!
Thanks!

A:**Need Help!! BSOD Sony Vaio**

It would help if I knew what happened just before the crash. Did you download something? Did you add or change something? Did you turn the power off without shutting down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143004-need-help-bsod-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

Random BSOD s started to show up on my laptop. The laptop came with win 7 and I installed win 8 to it afterwards.
I have recently updated the OS to Win 8.1 and had 3-4 BSOD s in a day (driver_irql_not_less_or_equal netio.sys)
Any help would be appreciated.
Kind regards.

A:BSOD on Win 8.1 Sony Vaio

Your BIOS dates from 2011. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): [S] DuplexSecure - FAQ [/S] Link broken as of 21 Jul 2012
New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disc-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

SFEP.sys Fri Nov 27 00:39:23 2009 (4B0F660B)
Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver - 2007 version has BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SFEP.sys

RTKVHDA.sys Wed Jul 28 06:00:28 2010 (4C4FFFBC)
Realtek HD Audio Codec Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHDA.sys

RtsUStor.sys Wed Dec 1 02:46:02 2010 (4CF5FD3A)
Realtek USB Card Reader
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsUStor.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Oct 22 17:53:40.932 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102313-18406-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 9600.16404.x86fre.winblue_gdr.130913-2141
System Uptime:0 days 0:07:45.332
Probably caused by :NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1b )
BugCheck D1, {14, 2, 0, 81afa2a9}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000014, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 81afa2a9, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl
BIOS Version R0162Z7
BIOS Release Date 09/13/2011
Manufacturer Sony Corporation
Product Name VPCYB2M1E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Tue Oct 22 14:41:10.045 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102213-19718-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 9600.16404.x86fre.winblue_gdr.130913-2141
System Uptime:0 days 1:15:35.446
Probably caused by :NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyMdlToBuffer+64 )
BugCheck A, {5a0d06e4, 2, 0, 81f1d283}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 5a0d06e4, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: 81f1d283, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_NETIO!RtlCopyMdl... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33800-bsod-win-8-1-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 69.66%

The specs for my user are for my HP desktop so here are my Sony VAIO specs System Manufacturer Model Number Sony VAIO VPCCW FX years old OS Windows Home Premium OEM Bit month since clean install week since repair install CPU Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Motherboard Unknown American Megatrends Inc R Y Memory GB Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce G M Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Monitor s Displays SONY Screen Resolution x Hard Drives Toshiba GSX GB GB System GB Recovery MB System Reserved PSU BSOD my VAIO. on Sony Unknown Case Laptop Cooling Laptop Fan Keyboard VAIO Laptop Keyboard Mouse HP USB Mouse Synaptics PS Port Touchpad Disabled Internet BSOD on my Sony VAIO. Speed Download Mbps Upload Mbps Other Info Network Adapter Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter The BSOD attached is due to my computer entering hibernate mode from sleep BSOD on my Sony VAIO. mode I have updated SFEP sys it is now but it fails with driver verifier running I was unable to get a crash report as the report hung when it said it was writing the report the hard drive stopped spinning I have uninstalled the offending SFEP sys and am running verifier again Let people know when I get another BSOD

A:BSOD on my Sony VAIO.

So uninstalling that driver is a bad idea. Caused my system to do very strange things. I had messages saying hardware was turned off, my battery was not connected properly, etc. Guess I am stuck with a Vista based driver running many of my peripherals... Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200782-bsod-my-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I purchased this computer recently quot as is quot The screen is dark black upon start up and remains this way The operating system works fine as I can use a flashlight over the screen and navigate anywhere I need to go I have ordered the recovery dvd from Sony and am awaiting that to see if it helps This system Black, Screen Vaio Up Laptop Sony On and remains Start Dark is currently running XP Home Service Pack I was told it was added and not the original that came with the computer The computer is a Sony Vaio VGN-A Can someone suggest some troubleshooting Sony Vaio Laptop Black, Dark Screen On Start Up and remains for this problem or let me know if it is a driver software or hardware problem My next step after I receive the Recovery DVD from Sony if that doesn t work will be to take it in for repair which we all know can be costly I can provide any additional information if needed I ve been using computers since but not that good at driver video card hardware problems though can follow instructions Thanks in advance okiegirl nbsp Sony Vaio Laptop Black, Dark Screen On Start Up and remains

A:Sony Vaio Laptop Black, Dark Screen On Start Up and remains

Sounds like your LCD is bad.

Sounds like you have one of two things going on: either a bad inverter board, or the flourescent tube in the LCD is dead.

The inverter board is fairly easy to replace, and costs around $100. The flourescent tube is a much more troubling issue - generally the only option is to replace the entire LCD, and they do get expensive. Some repair shops claim to be able to replace just the flourescent tube - this can be a little less expensive. But it's hard to find a repair shop that can do that.

What you're looking for:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-black-dark-screen-on-start-up-and-remains.36129/
Relevancy 69.23%

So my laptop has started to freeze a minute or two after start up even though it was working fine a few hours ago hours laptop working fine freezes up, after a VAIO start Sony was few ago I was sat talking to a Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago friend over facebook chat when my laptop started screaming with a really high pitched noise I had Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago to turn it off to stop it When I restarted it and booted it back up it said it was defragging something Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago it was a while ago and I cant remember what it said after that I logged in and now it freezes after a couple of minuets I ve tried system restoring it and using the built in memory repair and it still wont work However once I disabled all the non microsoft services it boots up and doesnt freeze untill I try to open a program I can start it in safe mode but thats about it I ve spent the past couple of hours searching for a solution but can t find one so ay help will be much appritiated I m using my Xbox to access the internet at the moment but I can turn on my laptop incase anyone has a possible solution nbsp

A:Sony VAIO laptop freezes after start up, was working fine a few hours ago

Try running Memtest86 a few times and tell me if any errors come up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-laptop-freezes-after-start-up-was-working-fine-a-few-hours-ago.191245/
Relevancy 69.23%

My friends laptop is crashing, it seems only when he is using the internet (wifi) if the wifi is off it doesn't seem to happen. Doesn't seem to BSOD in safe mode.

He has reformatted, still the same issue. Im about to try a different set of drivers for the Atheros wifi, haven't tried 2 already.

A:BSOD using internet,sony Vaio

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please update the drivers below:

Driver Description: Intel Graphics Driver
Driver Update Site: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

Driver Description: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
Driver Update Site: Realtek

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Fulla\SF_20-12-2013\122013-31839-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`030946d0
Debug session time: Fri Dec 20 16:46:45.982 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:19:24.418
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff880fb8df1a0, 0, fffff88006783f68, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdpmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdpmd64.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTKVHD64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTKVHD64.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : igdpmd64.sys ( igdpmd64+159f68 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff880fb8df1a0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88006783f68, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fe100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fe1c0
fffff880fb8df1a0 Nonpaged pool

FAULTING_IP:
igdpmd64+159f68
fffff880`06783f68 8b0408 mov eax,dword ptr [rax+rcx]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88008c779e0 -- (.trap 0xfffff88008c779e0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff880071b09a0 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=00000000f472e800
rdx=fffffa80095f0720 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88006783f68 r... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315678-bsod-using-internet-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi All first post x64 Vaio - (BSOD) Vista Sony Urgent Help required After trying to find Sony Vaio - Vista x64 (BSOD) an update for the driver of my Blu-ray drive as I was having problems reading CD Rom files from Cd's but plays Blu-ray disk's with no problems MAT A BD-MLT UJ AS Device Status quot This device is working properly Windows did not start a related device driver To learn more click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details quot Driver File Details C Windows System Drivers AnyDVD sys C Windows System Drivers cdrom sys C Windows System Drivers GEARAspiWDM sys C Windows System Drivers PxHlpa sys I ran AVG PC Tuneup acepted all the reconmendations all seams to look ok then shortly after came the blue screen I tried to run the following program below and got this Error quot The system cannot find the path specified quot Run a System Health Report - START type perfmon report - a viewer will appear Save as an HTML file default file extension Vista - x bit - Windowa Vista Home Premium SP - OEM - Age of system March - Age of OS installation March System Sony Vaio VGN-FW ZJ Processor Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Memory GB

A:Sony Vaio - Vista x64 (BSOD)

STOP 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS

Code:
icrosoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2[1].zip\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\Mini101410-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 6002.18267.amd64fre.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01e13000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`01fd7dd0
Debug session time: Thu Oct 14 06:43:55.069 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 23:59:52.735
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa6009b4f2d0, 0, 0}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETw5v64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5v64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5v64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5v64.sys ( NETw5v64+5b7d )
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffffa6009b4f2d0, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
+0
fffffa60`09b4f2d0 6801b50960 push 6009B501h
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000203a080
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffffa6009b50168 -- (.exr 0xfffffa6009b50168)
ExceptionAddress: fffff80001e7d940 (nt!MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache+0x0000000000000350)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff
TRAP_FRAME: fffffa6009b50210 -- (.trap 0xfffffa6009b50210)
Some... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/284659-sony-vaio-vista-x64-bsod.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Specs OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system Win BSOD [SOLVED] Sony Vaio Pro [SOLVED] Sony Vaio BSOD Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM version Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS dont [SOLVED] Sony Vaio BSOD think [SOLVED] Sony Vaio BSOD so CPU i m Video Card has dual cards and a physical switch to switch between them integrated intel but also dedicated Radeon M MotherBoard not sure Power Supply - brand amp wattage sony w System Manufacturer sony vaio Exact model number csb v e Laptop Hi I've never had BSOD's on this but then in the past couple weeks started getting them It will kind of be like i won't get any for days then day I'll get it but that day i get it as soon as i restart it will give a BSOD after a while of being on the destop so i leave it for a few hours or overnight and it seems to get better but think bar once So the BSOD's are more like it doesnt happen doesnt happen then when it happens will give a lot The CPU temp has a max of degrees currently probably average of degrees at CPU workload Ive re-applied thermal paste to the CPU multiple times to lower the max temp but no luck Last BSOD i got was approx hours ago Help will be much appreciated thank you

A:[SOLVED] Sony Vaio BSOD

Hi,

Most if not all of the dumps are of the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) bug check.

This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

BugCheck 1A, {41287, 80, 0, 0}

- The 1st parameter of the bug check is 41287 which indicates an illegal page fault occurred while holding working set synchronization.

--------------------

1. Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

2. Remove and replace AVG with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes as it may likely be causing file system conflicts:

AVG removal - http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

3. In your loaded drivers list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.

4. Uninstall TuneUpUtilities ASAP.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-sony-vaio-bsod-838706.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Ok I have had this Laptop for about a month and a half now I have been experiencing BSOD once to two times a day for the last four to five days I have been using the laptop more often in these last few days when the BSOD's occurred This laptop came with a few programs like Norton Anti-Virus which I removed and some free trail programs that were also uninstall'd I installed a few games and some programs that have been on my desktop PC for at least two years which I have not ever had a problem with the difference between the PC and the laptop is that the laptop is running windows which I believe is the problem for some reason OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system Norton Anti-Virus Free Trail of Microsoft Office Some other free trail programs Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer No the OS came pre-installed Age of system hardware - A few months old Age often Sony Vaio happening BSOD of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Nope CPU - Intel Core i CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT M with GB Ram MotherBoard - Not Sure came stock with the Sony Vaio VPCF JFX series Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Not Sure Came stock with the Sony Vaio VPCF JFX series I have followed the Instructions as best as I could The System Health Report is not going to be attached because Sony Vaio BSOD happening often every time I tried to run perfmon report the report would say it ran out of time Hopefully you can help me out because I experience a BSOD at any given moment from being on the internet to playing a video or a game Daniel MacIntosh

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi ,

I have a Sony VAIO , I was recieving BSOD frequently from sometime, whenever I started my machine in Normal mode, and sometimes even in Safe Mode.

After that I formatted it with Assist Option in SONY so that it formats the machine , after that ,I updated antivirus too. I wasnt recieving BSOD for a day or two.
Then I installed only VLC and Google Chrome. now again I started recieving BSOD frequently in Normal Mode and in Safe mode. I dont know what is going wrong .

SONY VAIO

Model VPCEA45FG
1 yr 5 moths Old .
OS is Win 7 , 64 Bit
Recently formatted and loaded with Manufacturer image.

I have tried to analyse with BlueScreenView and it is showing two types of Exceptions,

1. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Please let me know if any more information is needed

A:BSOD in Sony VAIO in VPCEA45FG

Hello varuas11 and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm not a BSOD expert. Hopefully one will come by soon. In the meantime, I think that both the KMODE_EXCEPTION and IRQL could both be memory related. The first due to an unhandled access violation caused by an invalid memory location and the second that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access an incorrect location in memory. In other words, you may have a bad memory module (not seated correctly, failing, etc.) That would also explain why the problem wasn't corrected when you restored your Vaio to factory specs. The hardware doesn't get repaired by replacing the software.

One of our Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guideline.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

I'd try to rule out damaged or corrupt system files by running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (Step 15, option two in the referenced tutorial.) If problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan. If SFC doesn't show any issues I'd try to rule out application/program conflicts by running a Clean Boot.

If software issues have been ruled out I'd next concentrate on the hardware issues by performing the various diagnostics recommended in the Troubleshooting Guide; check disk, memtest86+, overheating issues, etc.

Please post back if any of this helped or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240920-bsod-sony-vaio-vpcea45fg.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Sir I have purchased my sony SVE14A15FNB laptop in June 2012
specifications are as under

Model no. SVE14A15FNB
Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50 with Turbo Boost upto 3.10 GHz
Windows? 7 Home Premium 64bit
8 GB RAM
120 GB SSD SATA 3
Intel? HM76 Express Chipset
AMD Radeon? HD 7670M / Intel? HD Graphics 3000
Original Drivers

After 2 days of purchase BSOD started......i did not installed any programme....hardware
BSOD appeared 5 to 6 times a day regularly since then
I recovered system various times...but BSOD continues
I changed RAM with completely new one.....but it did not helped
I changed HDD with SSD .....BSOD continues...
I changed original win 7 to another version with clean install with original sony drivers.... but BSOD continues.....
Now i am helpless.......Plz help
I will be highly thankful to you......

A latest report of minidump is attached

A:BSOD on my SONY VAIO since purchase plz help

Welcome aboard, Raj.

The minidump you uploaded shows a Bugcheck code A. It may happen for a number of causes like Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility etc. (source: BSOD Index)

I would suggest you two things:
► Enable Driver Verifier:
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

► Post again, after you get another crash, following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251766-bsod-my-sony-vaio-since-purchase-plz-help.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have been having a difficult time with BSOD on my 2 year old Vaio laptop. The first blue screen appeared seemingly out of nowhere one afternoon while using the machine all morning. During troubleshooting, all of the subsequent BSOD occur shortly after startup. The only thing that changed on the system during the day of the first occurrence was a Windows update. I restored the computer to the settings prior to that update but did not solve the issue. Often these errors occur even while in Safe Mode while troubleshooting. I have downloaded the dmp file tool and included the files captured by that diagnostic tool. From my limited experience, it appears the error is related to the ntoskrnl.exe. This is very frustrating and hope I can resolve the issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

A:Sony Vaio BSOD - ntoskrnl

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa8006958bb0, 0, fffa8000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+487ad )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8006958bb0, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 00000000fffa8000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000350d100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000350d1c0
0000000000000000 Nonpaged pool

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
+0
fffffa80`06958bb0 f3a4 rep movs byte ptr [rdi],byte ptr [rsi]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: mscorsvw.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800629a930 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800629a930)
rax=000000000000091c rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=000000000000011c
rdx=00000000fffa0288 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffffa8006958bb0 rsp=fffff8800629aac0 rbp=fffff8800629abc0
r8=0000000000000004 r9=fffffa80097670b0 r10=fffffa8004252840
r11=fffffa80081ae4b0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
fffffa80`06958bb0 f3a4 rep movs byte ptr [rdi],byte ptr [rsi]
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80003328a88 to fffff800032ddfc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0629a0a8 fffff800`03328a88 : 00000000`0000001e ffffffff`c0000005 fffffa80`06958bb0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0629a0b0 fffff800`032dd642 : fffff880`0629a888 fffffa80`0969a680 fffff880`0629a930 00000000`fffa8000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x487ad
fffff880`0629a750 fffff800`032dc1ba : 00000000`00000000 00000000`fffa8000 fffff880`0629aa00 fffffa80`0969a680 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`0629a930 fffffa80`06958bb0 : fffff880`0629abc0 00000000`fffa00e8 fffffa80`0695c250 fffffa80`0695f750 : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
fffff880`0629aac0 fffff880`0629abc0 : 00000000`fffa00e8 fffffa80`0695c250 fffffa80`0695f750 00000000`00003000 : 0xfffffa80`06958bb0
fffff880`0629aac8 00000000`fffa00e8 : fffffa80`0695c250 fffffa80`0695f750 00000000`00003000 00000000`00000040 : 0xfffff880`0629abc0
fffff880`0629aad0 fffffa80`0695c250 : fffffa80`0695f750 00000000`00003000 00000000`00000040 fffff880`0629ab40 : 0xfffa00e8
fffff880`0629aad8 fffffa80`0695f750 : 00000000`00003000 00000000`00000040 fffff880`0629ab40 00000000`00000002 : 0xfffffa80`0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268720-sony-vaio-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 69.23%

PROBLEM I own a Sony Vaio Model VPCEH EN purchased in warranty expired From last couple of months I am having intermittent Blue screen issue often with a KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I first tried a Windows Update and Vaio Update to update all drivers but it did Vaio BSOD Sony KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR with in not help Then I removed all data from my hard drive and did a factory setting from Vaio Care that did not help either Rather BSOD is happening more frequently I also run CHKDSK and Vaio Hardware Diagnostics they run without errors Sometimes when I restart after a BSOD I BSOD in Sony Vaio with KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR do see an quot Operating System Not Found quot or a Disk error but that is uncommon most often it restarts as normal except usual warning that the system was not shut down properly My feeling is Blue Screen occurs when I try multitasking e g opening several tabs in browser or opening something when a program is running for long Also the laptop has become slower in general I was about to give up until I find this forum Find attached the DUMP file obtained using Forum instructions Please excuse me if I have been naive or unclear I will be happy to provide more details as needed Thanks - Jha

A:BSOD in Sony Vaio with KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Welcome

Try updating your video card drivers and see if that helps.

METHOD:

Quote:
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; NVIDIA and reboot the system and reboot the system. Delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Fusion.

Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

Link: NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Automatically Detect NVIDIA Products

Warning
Do not install BETA drivers:

BSOD Report

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800f3c4d85, fffff88008c66f88, fffff88008c667e0}

Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+114d85 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff8800f3c4d85, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff88008c66f88, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff88008c667e0, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+114d85
fffff880`0f3c4d85 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88008c66f88 -- (.exr 0xfffff88008c66f88)
Cannot read Exception record @ fffff88008c66f88

CONTEXT: fffff88008c667e0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88008c667e0)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=fffffa800456d000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000040000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800f3c4d85 rsp=fffff88008c671c0 rbp=fffffa8005555000
r8=0000000000000004 r9=fffffa8005555000 r10=fffffa800456d000
r11=0000000000010000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000004
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000100110
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010206
nvlddmkm+0x114d85:
fffff880`0f3c4d85 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx] ds:002b:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272140-bsod-sony-vaio-kernel_data_inpage_error.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi Guys,

I am puzzled as to whats causing this BSOD.
It happens randomly, but frequently - but no particular usage pattern.

Is Windows 7 Pro
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 bit
- the original installed OS on the system? Y
- an OEM or full retail version? Full
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 1 year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS? 6 months for Win7pro.

Prior to this: Had OEM Win7 Home Premium - same BSOD occured then too.

Attached are the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & the PERFMON HTML file

Would be grateful for some help!

Thanks!

Fahim314

A:BSOD on Win7 Pro 64 bit - Sony Vaio

BSODs caused by the Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver, update it using either the Intel update utility or get a newer version from Sony's website
Intel? Driver Update Utility
Sony eSupport - Electronics - Select Your Model

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Code:
sptd.sys fffff880`01023000 fffff880`01149000 0x00126000 0x4ad24632 12/10/2009 00:55:14

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff800035eb477}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\netw5v64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netw5v64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netw5v64.sys
Probably caused by : netw5v64.sys ( netw5v64+5b7d )

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800035eb477, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032af100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
hal!HalpDmaNextContiguousPiece+103
fffff800`035eb477 448b08 mov r9d,dword ptr [rax]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88009cb3780 -- (.trap 0xfffff88009cb3780)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=000000000000002c
rdx=000000000000002c rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800035eb477 rsp=fffff88009cb3918 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=000000000000001c r9=0000000000000000 r10=00000000000fffff
r11=fffffa80050b6b70 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
hal!HalpDmaNextContiguousPiece+0x103:
fffff800`035eb477 448b08 mov r9d,dword ptr [rax] ds:0001:00000000`00000000=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000307f2a9 to fffff8000307fd00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09cb3638 fffff800`0307f2a9 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`09cb3640 fffff800`0307df20 : 00000000`00002000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`06929460 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`09cb3780 fffff800`035eb477 : fffffa80`078b2380 fffffa80`076f0fd4 fffff800`035eb524 fffffa80`06929460 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`09cb3918 fffff800`035eb524 : fffffa80`06929460 fffffa80`050b6b70 fffffa80`06310620 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpDmaNextContiguousPiece+0x103
fffff880`09cb3930 fffff800`035ee4fb : fffffa80`06929460 fffffa80`050b6b70 fffffa80`078b2380 fffff880`03e301c7 : hal!HalpDmaMapScatterTransfer+0x34
fffff880`09cb3980 fffff800`035ee472 : fffffa80`06929460 fffffa80`06929458 00000000`0000001c 0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178121-bsod-win7-pro-64-bit-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I started last week having frequent (some-times every 20 min) random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs on my Sony Vaio VGN-FW190n. I made a clean win7 install 4 days ago and everything has been fine untill last night it started again, a less frequent though.

The weird thing is that at my office there are to other guys using almost the same sony vaio model as I am, just the European version of VGN-FWseries. One of them started having the ''same'' BSOD as me the day before it started for me, last week, and the other started having them today.

Even though it could be a coincidence I am wondering if this could be caused by a recent driver update or something. I still haven't updated all my drivers after the win7 install 4 days ago but i don't have the knowledge to find out what is causing these BSODs.

Hope you can help me.

A:sony vaio vgn-fw BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Both crashdumps point the finger at your wireless network drivers. I believe that would explain why more than one of them in the office is suffering the similar crash. You'll want to update the network drivers in addition to any CPU/chipset drivers as well as audio drivers (audio and network often share same resources and I've seen them conflict).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218308-sony-vaio-vgn-fw-bsod-irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I frequently get BSOD on a new Sony Vaio Vaio Sony BSOD on VGN-FW455J new VGN-FW J BSOD on new Sony Vaio VGN-FW455J Windows Vista GB RAM uninstalled the Norton it came with and added Microsoft One Care Did all the available window updates and latest Sony drivers Still get BSOD frequently Seems kind of random Sometimes happens when I turn the wireless on off Sometimes just seemingly random Passed Windows memory tests Boots fine Lots of wireless connectivity errors Sometimes compared to the other computers in the BSOD on new Sony Vaio VGN-FW455J house flipping it BSOD on new Sony Vaio VGN-FW455J on amp off corrects Any ideas how I should proceed from here to stop the BSOD BSOD on new Sony VGN-FW J Some Event View errors Source WMI Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Souce VzCdbSvc Failed to load the plug-in module GUID F C-C - E - C - DEE A F Error code x The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load DMICall SRTSP SRTSPX SystemRoot SysWow DRIVERS DMICall sys C B C SystemRoot SysWow DRIVERS DMICall sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver BSOD Dump logs Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue Report fe e Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre vistasp ldr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff d db Debug session time Tue Sep GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E ffffffffc fffff d b c fffffa f fffffa f Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt IopFreeRelationList c Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C ProgramData Microsoft Windows WER ReportQueue Report fe e Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre vistasp ldr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff d db Debug session time Tue Sep GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E ffffffffc fffff d b c fffffa f fffffa f Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt IopFreeRelationList c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg ffffffffc T... Read more

A:BSOD on new Sony Vaio VGN-FW455J

Microsoft came back with a recommendation about uninstalling Windows update KB973879. Haven't crashed since then (fingers crossed). So now I just have the smaller issue of the wireless constantly disconnecting, unlike every other computer and device in the house. Maybe it's a linksys compatibility thing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254358/bsod-on-new-sony-vaio-vgn-fw455j/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

I hope I've managed to gather all necessary information, thanks for supplying this forum.

I get DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD from time to time - it seems mostly to occur when laptop is not connected to a power-cord.

Hopefully I'll upload the necessary SF Debug files.

Many thanks in advance.

VAIO-2015-01-26_210357,12.zip

A:Random(?) BSOD on Sony Vaio - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Henbenn & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Code:
1: kd> knL
# Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
00 ffffd000`aebc5c88 fffff800`dbe123c8 nt!KeBugCheckEx
01 ffffd000`aebc5c90 fffff800`dbd22997 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x2c418
02 ffffd000`aebc5d20 fffff800`dbc1d67f nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+0x787
03 ffffd000`aebc5f40 fffff800`dbd664b3 hal!HalpTimerClockInterrupt+0x4f
04 ffffd000`aebc5f70 fffff800`dbdd6f2a nt!KiCallInterruptServiceRoutine+0xa3
05 ffffd000`aebc5fb0 fffff800`dbdd730f nt!KiInterruptSubDispatchNoLockNoEtw+0xea
06 ffffd000`aebb6300 fffff800`dbdc4ea6 nt!KiInterruptDispatchLBControl+0x11f
07 ffffd000`aebb6490 fffff801`e545cb76 nt!snprintf+0x96
08 ffffd000`aebb6510 00000000`00000001 NETwbw02+0xeb76
09 ffffd000`aebb6518 fffff801`000105d6 0x1
0a ffffd000`aebb6520 fffff801`e5621f00 0xfffff801`000105d6
0b ffffd000`aebb6528 00000000`00c2ef39 NETwbw02+0x1d3f00
0c ffffd000`aebb6530 01d039a2`d95e6b19 0xc2ef39
0d ffffd000`aebb6538 fffff801`e54649be 0x01d039a2`d95e6b19
0e ffffd000`aebb6540 32353737`32313030 NETwbw02+0x169be
0f ffffd000`aebb6548 00000000`00093532 0x32353737`32313030
10 ffffd000`aebb6550 00000000`00000000 0x93532

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.

Code:
2: kd> knL
# Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
00 ffffd000`2421ede0 fffff801`854b578e nt!KiSwapContext+0x76
01 ffffd000`2421ef20 fffff801`854b5209 nt!KiSwapThread+0x14e
02 ffffd000`2421efc0 fffff801`854dbac0 nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x129
03 ffffd000`2421f040 fffff800`b6ab3700 nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x2c0
04 ffffd000`2421f0d0 ffffe001`0cf4ac08 btmhsf+0x33700
05 ffffd000`2421f0d8 fffff800`00000000 0xffffe001`0cf4ac08
06 ffffd000`2421f0e0 00001ffe`f3320000 0xfffff800`00000000
07 ffffd000`2421f0e8 ffffe001`00000000 0x00001ffe`f3320000
08 ffffd000`2421f0f0 ffffd000`5cf8e180 0xffffe001`00000000
09 ffffd000`2421f0f8 00000000`00000000 0xffffd000`5cf8e180

So, according to the dump files, your Intel Wireless Driver and Intel Bluetooth drivers are causing the problems. Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system -

Code:
**************************Tue Jan 27 01:31:18.807 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
SFEP.sys Mon Jun 18 13:41:46 2012 (4FDEE2C2)
IntcDAud.sys Fri Jan 11 19:25:16 2013 (50F019C4)
usb3Hub.sys Mon Feb 18 16:21:17 2013 (512207A5)
btmhsf.sys Tue Apr 23 16:59:18 2013 (5176708E)
ibtusb.sys Wed May 29 23:11:28 2013 (51A63DC8)
AMPPAL.sys Mon Jul 29 16:29:17 2013 (51F64B05)
iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 2 07:09:52 2013 (51FB0DE8)
dump_iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 2 07:09:52 2013 (51FB0DE8)
SynTP.sys Wed Aug 14 08:23:25 2013 (520AF125)
Smb_driver_Intel.sys Wed Aug 14 08:25:42 2013 (520AF1AE)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
RtsPStor.sys Fri Aug 30 15:31:24 2013 (52206D74)
iwdbus.sys Fri Sep 27 03:08:04 2013 (5244A93C)
igdkmd64.sys Tue Oct 1 22:36:57 2013 (524B0131)
IntelPcc.sys Sat Oct 5 08:25:54 2013 (524F7FBA)
TeeDriverx64.sys Wed Nov 27 23:26:32 2013 (52963250)
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Feb 21 15:19:36 2014 (53072130)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue May 6 18:44:37 2014 (5368E03D)
avgrkx64.sys Thu Jun 19 00:33:17 2014 (53A1E275)
avgdiska.sys Thu Jun 19 00:33:29 2014 (53A1E281)
avgtpx64.sys Mon Jun 30 16:45:17 2014 (53B146C5)
avgloga.sys Fri Jul 18 19:23:20 2014 (53C926D0)
NETwbw02.sys Mon Aug 11 01:12:16 2014 (53E7CB18)
avgldx64.sys Fri Aug 29 01:17:21 2014 (53FF8749... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60685-random-bsod-sony-vaio-dpc_watchdog_violation.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all, I would like to help me with my problem, in recent days been suffering a series of BSOD on my Notebook Sony, after the reinstallation I did it started.

Attachment 54188

A:BSOD Windows 8.1 on Sony VAIO SVT141C11U

Hi thekkam and welcome to Eight Forums,
Thank you for posting here but am amfraid we will need more than the "SFdebugFiles" to help you fix your problem, please provide us with the name of the BSOD, when it happens, does it happen on safe mode?, and i cant help you because your log files are in spannish maybee some one who speaks spannish here will help you.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57365-bsod-windows-8-1-sony-vaio-svt141c11u.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I keep getting BSOD and its sometimes different matters on what i do.
But heres one

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

iastor.sys

I had the computer since christmas :(

A:BSOD iastor.sys Sony Vaio windwos 7

Really no replies :/ please someone help...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-iastor-sys-sony-vaio-windwos-7-a-561210.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all! Thank you for your help in advance! My computer recently started displaying a Blue Screen of Death upon starting up Windows 8. It takes a really long time to start up, and then it goes to the BSOD and displays a message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I tried the Windows 8 system wipe and restore, using the long method to format the drives, but the problem still occurs. Attached is the memory dump. Any help will be greately appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

A:BSOD - Sony VAIO T Series Ultrabook

You should post your issue here: BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289564-bsod-sony-vaio-t-series-ultrabook.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Soon after boot I get the BSOD while simply sitting on my desktop.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff88005840431). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 021012-21231-01.

It seems to happen randomly and has no relation to what operation is being done on the system. The laptop is 13 months old and out of warranty. I am running Win 7 HP 64-bit SP1. This is becoming very frustrating! Any thoughts or suggestions? I have been unable to open the Memory.dmp file to see its contents (kind of new to this).

A:BSOD in 13-mo old Sony Vaio VPCEB45FX Laptop

Here's how to open/view memory dumps: WinDbg Analysis Report

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

The biggest problems that I've seen with Sony's is the 2007 version of SFEP.sys. You can update it from the Sony website - just look for the Sony Firmware Extension Parser download.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-in-13-mo-old-sony-vaio-vpceb45fx-laptop-629680.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ive been having this issue usually when i leave my laptop sitting for a while and it just goes into sleep mode or whenever i close an re open the lid it will give me the same error message if someone could give me an idea of what the problem maybe thanks

A:BSOD on Sony Vaio E series BAD_POOL_CALLER

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you did run the tool, it didn't collect all the info. If this is the case, please rerun the tool and let it run for at least 15 minutes (or until the tool itself says that it's done).

Looks like a network problem to me - but I'm late for work right now. I'll respond back once you upload the rest of the reports.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

ndistc.sys Thu Feb 21 04:31:01 2008 (47BD44D5)
Unable to locate this one - waiting on the rest of the reports to see if they have info on it.
ndistc.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 09:29:37 2008 (488B26C1)
many different programs that center around the using of the WinRing libraries (RealTemp, Corsair Link2 (known BSOD issues w/Win8), Razer GameBooster, etc)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WinRing0x64.sys

CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 08:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
CyberLink Virtual Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Fri May 24 16:06:54.042 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\052413-26437-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 10:14:05.753
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ndistc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ndistc.sys
Probably caused by :ndistc.sys ( ndistc+301c )
BugCheck C2, {7, 11c1, 438000e, fffffa8006473b90}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 00000000000011c1, (reserved)
Arg3: 000000000438000e, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8006473b90, Address of the block of pool being deallocated
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_aPmI
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc2_7_aPmI_ndistc+301c
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2600
CurrentSpeed: 2594
BIOS Version R0200V5
BIOS Release Date 11/23/2012
Product Name SVE14A35CXH
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri May 24 05:52:26.455 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\052413-34609-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 1:17:57.271
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ndistc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ndistc.sys
Probably caused by :ndistc.sys ( ndistc+301c )
BugCheck C2, {7, 11c1, 4380008, fffffa800df58c90}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 00000000000011c1, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000004380008, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa800df58c90, Address of the block of pool being deallocated
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_aPmI
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc2_7_aPmI_ndistc+301c
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2600
CurrentSpeed: 2594
BIOS Version R0200V5
BIOS Release Date 11/23/2012
Product Name ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25603-bsod-sony-vaio-e-series-bad_pool_caller.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I found your site while searching for solutions to the above problems. After reading several of the questions and answers, I actually tried some of the ideas, including one that I will have to ask for help with. I tried chkdsk/r and the program stopped after about 25% of Part 4 of 5 was complete. This also happened with chkdsk only.

I have done the scannow program and have uploaded the following report.

I hope you can help. I am by no means competent with the workings of the computer, but can follow instructions.

Thanks,

A:Random BSOD on Sony Vaio laptop.

Only crash dumps are not enough.

Click on button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369201-random-bsod-sony-vaio-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello everybody! I have a Sony Vaio SVE1512E1ESI laptop that has one RAM module with the following characteristics (by CPU-Z, RAMMon and HWinfo)

Kingston SNY1600S11-4G-EDEG
4GB SODIMM DDR3-1600MHz, PC3-12800,
JEDEC timings: 11-11-11-28, unbuffered, non-ECC, 1,5V

I replaced the ram with one from GoodRAM with exactly the same characteristics. However I face blue screen of death when I open the browser (Edge or Chrome). Laptop is running latest windows 10 build with fully updated drivers and I have checked for errors with Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and MemTest86 7.1. I provide you with the memory dump files from BlueScreenView/

Does anyone has a proposal?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69861-bsod-sony-vaio-laptop-after-ram-change.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Getting a BSOD randomly when logged in as the User but will run in Safe Mode with no problem.

Ran CCleaner
Ran MalwareBytes

Reinstalled WIndows 7

Still get the BSOD randomly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
John

A:Random BSOD on Sony VAIO VPCF126FN

Greetings John and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. I am not sure this is a malware issue but we will take a quick peek.Please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================BlueScreenView----------Download BlueScreenView and save it to your desktopDouble click the BlueScreenView.exe file then click OKSelect Run, Next, then Next againClick InstallWhen the scanning is complete, select Edit and Select AllThen click File and Save Selected ItemsSave the report as BSOD.txtOpen BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy the entire content and paste it into your next reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your k... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548565/random-bsod-on-sony-vaio-vpcf126fn/
Relevancy 68.37%

For the past few months I have been receiving constant BSOD error messages, each time they are different and I cannot work out why they are happening?
I originally had Windows Vista installed and upgraded to Windows 7 as i thought this may help the problem, this has not been the case. They usually happen when playing flash videos and sometimes they just randomly occur for no apparent reason. I have attached the following error reports as instructed in Zip format.

OS - Windows 7 X86 (32 bit)
What was original installed OS on system? Vista
Full Retail version
? Age of system (hardware) - Approx 2 yrs
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 6 months

A:BSOD - Windows 7 - Sony Vaio VGN-FZ31S

Quote: Originally Posted by kinwelo87

For the past few months I have been receiving constant BSOD error messages, each time they are different and I cannot work out why they are happening?
I originally had Windows Vista installed and upgraded to Windows 7 as i thought this may help the problem, this has not been the case. They usually happen when playing flash videos and sometimes they just randomly occur for no apparent reason. I have attached the following error reports as instructed in Zip format.

OS - Windows 7 X86 (32 bit)
What was original installed OS on system? Vista
Full Retail version
? Age of system (hardware) - Approx 2 yrs
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 6 months

Hi and welcome

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.
Thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98544-bsod-windows-7-sony-vaio-vgn-fz31s.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,

i need a hint/advice regarding this BSOD's which i get on a Sony VAIO VGN-Z51WG . All hardware tests were and are OK.
It was send once in service because of the same behavior and still has this problem : when it is powered from stand by state, randomly give this BSOD

A:BSOD BCCode 1000009f Sony VAIO

Quote: Originally Posted by onkynm

Hi all,

i need a hint/advice regarding this BSOD's which i get on a Sony VAIO VGN-Z51WG . All hardware tests were and are OK.
It was send once in service because of the same behavior and still has this problem : when it is powered from stand by state, randomly give this BSOD

These were all caused by memory corruption. To test your memory download memtestx86, burn it to cd, and run for at least 5 passes

I also noticed that your Qualcomm driver appeared in most of these so I would re-instll the newest driver

Let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Thu May 6 06:57:22.014 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 6 days 5:53:35.762
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa800551b680, fffff80000b9c4d0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for qcusbnetsny.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for qcusbnetsny.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 04:18:07.896 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:23:18.644
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa800551db60, fffff80003f234d0}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for qcusbnetsny.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Tue Apr 27 11:03:33.296 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 9:50:53.903
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8005500b60, fffff80000b9c4d0}
Debug session time: Mon May 24 20:23:07.679 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 3 days 9:36:39.729
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa800551c680, fffff800043294d0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Debug session time: Fri May 21 08:44:40.100 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:17:41.708
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, fffffa800551a040, fffff80000b9c4d0}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
Debug session time: Thu May 20 11:00:05.671 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 20:22:29... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/87332-bsod-bccode-1000009f-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Been having intermittant crashes on my Laptop any help would be appreciated Basically I'll be doing something and then the window will freeze Firefox or whatever I'm interacting with will just stop responding and then other parts of the computer will stop responding until nothing responds and then eventually even the cursor freezes and then I get a bsod OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Age of system hardware Purchased December Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Reinstalled approximately one year ago CPU Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Video Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family MotherBoard Board Sony Corporation VAIO Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc R Y Power Supply - brand amp wattage Couldn't find it This is a laptop System Manufacturer intervals Windows 7 BSOD VAio sony random Vaio Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom VGN-NW F I would also like to add that the BSOD random intervals Windows 7 sony VAio last several crashes it has said that its failed to write a memory dump although I followed instructions posted on this forum to hope BSOD random intervals Windows 7 sony VAio to fix it I tried attaching the zipped file but got a Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand error everytime

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-random-intervals-windows-7-sony-vaio-649774.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Sir My Vaio computer purchased long back is started giving BLUE SCREEN with function module APC INDEX MISMATCH I even tried to recover to factory layout settings using VAIO recovery utility and no use I uploaded complete information as suggested by thread http www techsupportforum com foru ta- html Also provide following information OS - Vista Windows gt VISTA Vaio BSOD - Pls Help Vista VGN-N27GH APC_INDEX_MISMATCH SP2 - - Sony HOME BASIC Build SP x -bit or x gt BIT What was original installed OS on system gt VISTA Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer gt OEM Age of system hardware gt years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS gt months yes Recovered to factory settings CPU Video Card MotherBoard Power Supply - brand amp wattage System Manufacturer gt SONY VAIO Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom gt VGN-N GH Sony Vaio VGN-N27GH Vista SP2 - BSOD - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - Help Pls Can someone pls look into this and help me to resolve this BSOD Regards Dayalan

A:Sony Vaio VGN-N27GH Vista SP2 - BSOD - APC_INDEX_MISMATCH - Help Pls

Hi,

Both BSODs are APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, as you said. This appears to be a driver issue, but no driver is explicitly blamed. Please download any available driver updates from Sony's site - Sony eSupport - Electronics - Select Your Model

Also turn the Driver Verifier on - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 6002.18327.x86fre.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432
Debug session time: Fri Mar 25 10:50:43.539 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:23.241
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!NtOpenKey+0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: services.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1_nt!NtOpenKey+0
Bugcheck code 00000001
Arguments 82414626 00000000 0000fffe 00000000
SystemProductName = VGN-N27GH
Built by: 6002.18327.x86fre.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432
Debug session time: Fri Mar 25 04:52:58.898 2011 (GMT+13)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:03.601
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!NtOpenKey+0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: services.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1_nt!NtOpenKey+0
Bugcheck code 00000001
Arguments 82408626 00000000 0000fffe 00000000
SystemProductName = VGN-N27GH

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sony-vaio-vgn-n27gh-vista-sp2-bsod-apc_index_mismatch-help-pls-561351.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey people got my dad s Sony VAIO and erm when i press the on button i get a blank blue screen no bios no vaio logo zilch so i done various things including ATX Reset Taking battery and ac adaptor off holding button for secs and starting uo Fail Reseating the RAM and ATX again Fail Reseating HDD Fail I just thought i d do it but i knew it would do nothing lol Replacing RAM and ATX Fail Clean fans with Duster just incase its overheating fail point failed because I managed to get to Sony - Blank BSOD HELP! Screen Blue NOT VAIO BIOS into windows and you know tried to recover the computer Factory Reset as soon as it restarted Blue Screen again and well it started a few times and then problem kept coming back and still does Any tips tricks solutions maybe All help appreciated Lots of love too all Personally think its the MOBO or graphics card which are on their way out or already out lol nbsp

A:Sony VAIO Blank Blue Screen NOT BSOD - HELP!

What is the model # of the computer.
50% fail sounds like you have memory problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-blank-blue-screen-not-bsod-help.1053980/
Relevancy 67.51%

I got this Sony laptop which is brand new months old Had not yet got recovery disks or system images build for recovery although I have norton installed Yesterday while the computer was on I suddenly noticed that it says it is restarting I thought this might be due to some windows update and once it booted up I got the BSOD After this it goes into Safe mode with no networking for Vaio BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL VPCF1 Sony iastor.sys some time but again BSOD even iastor.sys BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Sony Vaio VPCF1 in that iastor.sys BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Sony Vaio VPCF1 mode Now intermittently I am able to logon to safe mode Also I started the VAIO system recovery at startup by pressing F VAIO key radomly and tried to restore to a previous restore point I have tried last restore points till now but still no avail I keep getting the BSOD Fortunately in the vaio system recovery mode i can do limited things like memory diagnostics and go to command prompt etc Can you please advise me as to what might be the problem with this brand new VAIO How can I collect more information about the problem to post Also is there some setting in the BIOS which can be tweaked How do you get to the BIOS on the sony Pressing delete key doesn't bring up BIOS settings Please help Thanks Some more information I disabled automatic restart on crash to take a closer look at the BSOD This is what is written DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Technical information STOP x D x x x xFFFFF D iaStor sys - Address FFFFF D base at FFFFF DateStamp b b Hope this helps

A:iastor.sys BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Sony Vaio VPCF1

Did you try to update a Video Driver? If so that could be the problem. If you can get into Safe mode go into Device Manager and delete the Video driver and reboot. It will either install the correct one or ask you if you want to search for it on the WEB.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/iastor-sys-bsod-driver_irql_not_less_or_equal-sony-vaio-vpcf1-533995.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Just bought a new Vaio days ago loaded office Sony F (Windows7) help crashing new BSOD series Vaio on Need pro and itunes since day one though even before loading programs computer keeps shutting down automatically and going to the blue screen this is the report it generates Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Roz AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement Need help BSOD crashing on new Sony Vaio F series (Windows7) is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I followed the BSOD instructions and am attaching the zipped tsf file Really should I Need help BSOD crashing on new Sony Vaio F series (Windows7) just return the comp to Best Buy I just loaded my office suite which I don't know if I'll Need help BSOD crashing on new Sony Vaio F series (Windows7) be able to load on a new computer I would appreciate help and advice

A:Need help BSOD crashing on new Sony Vaio F series (Windows7)

attachment

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/need-help-bsod-crashing-on-new-sony-vaio-f-series-windows7-456113.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

I am new to this so please go easy on me . . . .

My daughter's Sony VAIO PCG-71911M running windows 7 is suffering from the BSOD within seconds of entering her windows password. The blue screen is all gibberish to me but Bad_Pool_Header appears as the error at the top of the screen on most occassions.

I am able to boot using Safe Mode and Networking and the laptop appears to be very stable when this option is selected.

Through Safe Mode I have attempted system restores which allow me to get past the windows password stage on a normal boot. But I then get error messages and network connectivity is unavailable when i then reboot I end up with the BSOD issue again.

Any help / advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Ian.

A:Sony VAIO BSOD at windows password stage

Apologies I didnt attach the zip files . . .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227547-sony-vaio-bsod-windows-password-stage.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all! Thank
you for your help in advance! My computer recently started displaying a Blue
Screen of Death upon starting up Windows 8. It takes a really long time to start
up, and then it goes to the BSOD and displays a message:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I tried the Windows 8 system wipe and
restore, using the long method to format the drives, but the problem still
occurs. Attached is the memory dump. Any help will be greately appreciated.
Thank you,

Mark

A:BSOD: Sony VAIO T Series Ultrabook - SVT151A11L

It looks like you still have several updates pending, you should complete those without browsing or using your computer to install patches and update important drivers.

I noticed one of your oldest drivers is nfrd960.sys from 2006, this is a raid driver, im not sure if you have a raid system or not but this could be important for drive stability.. Finish the updates and lets see where we get from there..

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/24965-bsod-sony-vaio-t-series-ultrabook-svt151a11l.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been having intermittent crashes on my 4+ year old laptop recently after trying to uninstall the old bundled Norton AV from 2005 with the Norton removal tool. It crashes anywhere from 5 minutes apart from another to 6 hours. I tried running HiJackThis and didn't see a problem after analyzing the results. I tried downloading the Windows Debugging tools, but the internet here has been awful (downloading at < 3kbs with cable ... this is on all computers on the network). So, I have included the mini dumps hoping someone can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks
-Hans

A:1000000a error BSOD:: Sony Vaio Laptop

As your HJT log shows, your use of Symantec's own removal tool had little impact on Norton - ytour system is riddled with it. You would need to tick to fix anything related to Norton and Symantec and then still go into Programme Files and remove anything you find in Common Files. If you do that and rescan with HJT, post the new log back and someone will advise on other aspects, such as your start up options listed under 04. If you haven't made a recovey disk after four + years, you could at least stop that one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1000000a-error-bsod-sony-vaio-laptop.888843/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows Bit Laptop just recently started throwing a BSOD on login During the login the system is very slow and then flashed to BSOD and restarts Logged in via Safemode and have ran luck. w/ Laptop on BSOD Sony no Reformatted KMODE_EXCEPTION. Vaio Memtest no errors Western Digital DLG Diagnostics on hard drive no errors SpyBot Search and Destroy Found coupon bar but thats it ran CCleaner and cleaned all temp files cache prefetch no change Uninstalled Symantec Norton no change After all of this I reformatted the system to factory no change still BSOD BSOD on Sony Vaio Laptop KMODE_EXCEPTION. Reformatted w/ no luck. on login I have tried removing stick of ram at a time BSOD on Sony Vaio Laptop KMODE_EXCEPTION. Reformatted w/ no luck. and trying again no change Have even went so far as replacing the RAM with ram from a working computer no change still receiving BSOD Here are the first set of dump files https dl dropboxusercontent com u DumpFiles zip Then here are the second set after removing Symantec https dl dropboxusercontent com u DumpFiles zip I am at my wits end can anyone help Thanks Jeremiah

A:BSOD on Sony Vaio Laptop KMODE_EXCEPTION. Reformatted w/ no luck.

Virus check

Scan your system with the following:

Kaspersky TDSSKiller - How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)

ESET online scanner - One-time virus scanner free with ESET online scanner

As well as Windows Defender Offline: How to Use Windows Defender Offline

Hard Drive/Storage

Post disk summary using CrystalDiskInfo software: CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Msinfo32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter > Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post. Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

Memtest86+

Run Memtest86+ for at least 8-10 passes. It may take up to 20 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+

Note
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial in order to rule the faulty RAM stick out.

Tip
Do this test overnight.

System Temperature

Ensure that there are no heat issues, For monitoring heat of the system use Speccy or HWMonitor

Next time you get a BSOD, upload all files.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sun Jun 2 05:53:02.575 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:09.167
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa8006a0c3ef, 0, 7fffffa003c}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+460da )
PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jun 2 05:47:54.096 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:20.314
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa80068c2610, 0, 7fffffa8000}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+460da )
PROCESS_NAME: taskhost.exe
Debug session time: Sun Jun 2 05:08:39.234 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:35.826
BugCheck A, {10000008d, 2, 1, fffff80002c62812}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeInsertQueueApc+42 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: csc.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292197-bsod-sony-vaio-laptop-kmode_exception-reformatted-w-no-luck.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi There

i'm facing a problem for a while now...
my laptop is Sony Vaio F Series with windows 7 Sp 1 ( all updates installed )
when i want to shut down laptop , it stucks on Windows 7 "Shutting Down" & after some time ( maybe 30 min or more ..) win restarts & after logging in windows , i get a message that Blue screen occurs & it didnt shut down properly...
my option is now forcing to shutdown ( by holding Power button) when shutting down...

im attaching my DM log file:
KOUROS-VAIO-Fri_08_12_2016__13136_28.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399531-sony-vaio-f-series-windows-7-shutting-down-stuck-bsod.html
Relevancy 66.65%

HiI am frequently getting a BSOD at sporadic intervals with 'Driver power state failure' irrespective of battery / plugged in and irrespective of what program is running. SF Diagnostic files are attached. Thanks for your help!

A:BSOD Driver power state failure on Sony vaio

Only 98 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Nearly all of the memory dumps blame your nVidia video drivers. Please:
- download a fresh set of the latest, Win8 compatible video drivers for your system
- uninstall the current video drivers
- install the freshly downloaded video drivers
- monitor for further BSOD's

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Fri May 2 22:47:38.458 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\050214-21937-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 2:10:08.230
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :pci.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80047d6060, fffff88000ab2b40, fffffa800ffee010}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa80047d6060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff88000ab2b40, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800ffee010, The blocked IRP
PROCESS_NAME: TiWorker.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_nvlddmkm_IMAGE_pci.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90GHz"
MaxSpeed: 1900
CurrentSpeed: 1896
BIOS Version R0210DA
BIOS Release Date 07/15/2013
Product Name SVF14215SHB
**************************Fri May 2 20:36:35.085 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\050214-16046-01.dmp]
System Uptime:1 days 21:23:16.091
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80047cc880, fffff880009c7b40, fffffa80069a03c0}
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa80047cc880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff880009c7b40, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80069a03c0, The blocked IRP
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_nvlddmkm_IMAGE_pci.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3227U CPU @ 1.90GHz"
MaxSpeed: 1900
CurrentSpeed: 1896
BIOS Version R0210DA
BIOS Release Date 07/15/2013
Product Name SVF14215SHB
**************************Wed Apr 30 23:12:51.385 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\043014-15921-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 1:35:46.147
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80047bd880, fffff880009c7b40, fffffa800a45e450}
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a tim... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45616-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all - I have a yo Sony VAIO PCG-FR notebook running Windows XP SP that keeps getting a BSOD Hopefully you will be able to help The error reads in part DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL TECHNICAL INFORMATION STOP x D x x x xF DAA C wlanSIG sys - Address F DAA C base at F AD DateStamp a c ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I Driver PCG-FR130 Sony Vaio error Device in BSOD on results recently installed DSL in my home and was sent a Wire wireless adapter card to use on this machine My desktop PC has the ethernet connection Device Driver error on Sony Vaio PCG-FR130 results in BSOD I have been told repeatedly that the drivers for the adapter are current I do believe the Device Driver error on Sony Vaio PCG-FR130 results in BSOD SBC Yahoo software is incompatible did receive BSOD upon install so it is not on my machine now I know there are no software conflicts including spyware adware or other issues of this kind In my many hours of frustration I decided to do a destructive restore I tried the card again - still got BSOD Since then I have re-installed all the patches and SP from Microsoft I have also downloaded and installed the Phoenix BIOS update from the Sony website that is supposed to stablize the system when using the PCMCIA slot Still getting BSOD When I use the computer WITHOUT the wireless card then there are no problems at all Once I insert the card I start getting the BSOD I can get an internet connection and everything seems to work fine up until the BSOD SBC has already sent me a replacement card just in case it was faulty but I still have the same problem with the new card When I restart the computer and send an error report to Microsoft it tells me the error is caused by a device driver but they do not have any specific details This leads me to believe the driver in question may be the PCMCIA slot that reads quot Ricoh R RL C II or compatible cardbus controller quot in the device manager There are no exclamation marks or other symbols indicating a problem with the device in the Device Manager When I have the device manager look for an updated driver it comes backs saying there isn t any others better I have googled this many many times and visited many driver update sights and manufacturer sights but I cannot find an updated driver for this specific device HOWEVER I did find one website that suggested that this device is only for Windows NT which makes no sense to me since I ve always had XP on this machine and the PCMCIA slot was already on the notebook What does that mean I have never tried to use this slot before now so I have no idea if it ever worked properly Does anyone know if I m on the right path and where to go next I am just guessing that this is the problem since I can t see any others Do you see more Can this be fixed Thanks so much for your thoughts Have a great day - Rhonda nbsp

A:Device Driver error on Sony Vaio PCG-FR130 results in BSOD

Try to get the driver from the maker of the card. It could also be a faulty card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/device-driver-error-on-sony-vaio-pcg-fr130-results-in-bsod.33279/
Relevancy 66.22%

x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
- the original installed OS on the system?
yes
- an OEM or full retail version?
OEM
- OEM = came pre-installed on system - Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system (hardware)?
Purchased december 2009
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
Reinstalled July 2011

A:BSOD random intervals Windows 7 sony VAio Stop: 0x000000F4

Problematic Software:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DriverBoost Public:Start Menu\Programs\DriverBoost Public
We do not recommend automated driver update software. It often finds drivers for devices similar to but not exactly the same as the hardware actually on the system. This can lead to conflicts and blue screen crashes. If you need help finding driver updates for a certain device, please start a thread in Drivers - Windows 7 Forums instead of using software. Driver updates are not always necessary and some updates can actually decrease system stability rather than increase it, so it is usually better not to update unless a device or its driver is causing problems with the system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
The above is especially true for laptops. Laptop drivers should only be downloaded from the vendor: Sony. Downloading them from other sources provides drivers that may or may not work with the power scheme your vendor created for the system.
The most recent .dmp file you had was from February. The BugCheck code you give indicates a hard disk related problem. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run the short and long tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Pow... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234355-bsod-random-intervals-windows-7-sony-vaio-stop-0x000000f4.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I had posted this on another thread concerning a blue screen in a drives and query BSOD Screens on Vaio checking external Sony Sony Vaio but was advised to remove it and start a new Sony Vaio BSOD Screens and query on checking external drives thread which I m doing here I have a two year old Sony Vaio bit with Windows Home Premium Service pack I had no problem with it until I put on Norton when blue screens started generating I posted on here a week ago and uploaded a zip file and followed the advice given after analysis I got onto Norton Sony Vaio BSOD Screens and query on checking external drives Community as advised and uploaded the contents of the BSOD screen which only occurred when I started the computer They gave me a link to a Microsoft Knowledge base article at http support microsoft com kb which in turn led me to the following hotfix - http hotfixv microsoft com Windows WindowsServer R sp Fix free intl x zip exe I downloaded this Hotfix and got no BSOD for a week when I got another one The contents of the BSOD screen I got after one week were as follows - A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer APC INDEX MISMATCH If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardwear or softwear Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start-up options and then select safe mode Technical Information STOP X C X A X X FFFF X FFFFF B Collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance After this happened I removed Norton finally using the Norton Remover tool and I installed Microsoft Security Essentials did a virus check which was clear but when I shut down the computer I got another BSOD screen the contents of which were as follows - DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardwear or softwear Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start-up options and then select safe mode Technical Information xxxStop x D COXFFFFF D D OX X X XFFFFF DOD ArcSoftKSUFilter sys-Address FFFFF D D base at FFFFF DO D atestamp a a ArcSoftKSUFilter sys-Address FFFFF D D base at FFFFF DO D atestamp a a This BSOD kept hanging so I had to turn off the computer eventually without generating a dump file I then did a hard drive check on my c drive which has no errors I am trying to do one now on my external e and d drives but when I typed in chkdsk e into the command prompt it said Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges you have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode Could someone please tell me how I get around this so that I can check these external drives I m not a computer expert and the computer was in a repair shop for days and they could not fix it other than to tell me to remove Norton which hasn t worked I should also mention that while I was downloading the file from Windows Seven Forums to upload a zip file for a bug check I got another BSOD file which said - The IO Manager has detected a violation by a driver that is being verified Technical information Stop x C COX XFFFFF E XFFFFF A BA D XFFFFFFFFC BB HIDCLASS SYS Address FFFFF E base at FFFFF E datestamp ce a From some of the BSOD screens I ve been getting I m wondering if it could be a driver problem I checked my device drivers on windows and they are updated automatically and are apparently in working order I was advised to a system repaid scan which I did and the contents are as follows - Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This pro... Read more

A:Sony Vaio BSOD Screens and query on checking external drives

Code:
VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
You need to disable driver verifier as it may create false BSOD-s.

Please disable verifier according to its tutorial below and let us know if you are still getting BSOD-s.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277950-sony-vaio-bsod-screens-query-checking-external-drives.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Recently I had some issues with my Sony Vaio and found bad sectors within my HDD, and in doing so had a new HDD installed by technicians and my user profile transferred to my new HDD, but since receiving my laptop back I am now getting crashes after a couple of hours of extensive use where BSOD appears for a mere second before attempting to reboot but failing to find an operating system. From here I must power down my laptop forcefully then reboot again before it will find an OS. How do I stop these crashes from occurring?

Added an attachment of the dump Files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382399-bsod-unable-locate-operating-system-sony-vaio-e-series-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Folks, This is my first post. so go easy on me;-)

I switched on my PC after 1 year of no use(apple imac distracted me for a while).
The message "operating system not found" appears when it boots up. I put in the Sony Recovery disk, bit it could not read it. As Sony didn't provide a spare copy of XP, how do I get back up and running? Do I have to change the motherboard battery? any advice much appreciated.

I Hope you Christmas is Merry and peaceful.

Cheers,
Dryfly

A:Sony Vaio Desktop PCV-RX305 Windows XP now missing, no disks supplied by Sony

Call Sony Tech Support if you are the registered owner or buyer. They will provide a disk set for a small fee ($27) for six years after purchase, or until they run out.
Your only other choice is to buy the disk online at some place like ebay, or buy Windows Home (still available for $82) or Windows XP Professional for $135.
The motherboard battery should not be bad, but if it is, you can get a replacement (CR2032) at Wal-Mart ofr $3.67 or on eBay for $2.58.
The recovery disk may be good, and it is your optical drive that has gone bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-desktop-pcv-rx305-windows-xp-now-missing-no-disks-supplied-by-sony.140193/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'd like to reinstall Windows 98 on a Sony Vaio N505VE, but it requires a Sony CD drive. When I purchased the laptop 4 years ago, it came with a Backpack CD-Rom Drive. A few months ago, I researched online and I seem to recall a website that gave instructions on how to reinstall Win98 without the Sony drive, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks,
Lisa

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-requires-sony-cd-drive-to-reinstall-win98.141896/
Relevancy 63.21%

Anyone know how to fix this error. I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps at start-up and no video but I get sound? Anyone know a cost effective way to fix this?

A:video card error. No video on start-up. Sony vaio all in one PC.

That beep code means that there is a video controller failure. It's unlikely that it's anything that can be fixed by anyone but a service technician.

Unless you have a removable graphics card in that rig.

What is the model number?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/328756-video-card-error-no-video-start-up-sony-vaio-all-one-pc.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi there,

I am using a Sony PD 170 DV camcorder hooked up via 4 pin firewire to a Sony Vaio laptop. I am also using Avid Composer video editing software. The problem is that I can see the video from Avid in the viewfinder but it freezes in the viewfinder even though it is playing on the computer. This is preventing me from outputting a project. Do I need a driver for this camera?

Thanks,
Paul

Relevancy 61.92%

This is the first time contacting Sony support. After waiting for over 1/2 hour, finally a person comes online. I spend another 20 minutes giving him name, address, etc and then I find out that it is "paid support".

After an online chat and trying to contact Sony support, maybe the only solution is to trash the Sony Notebook and buy a Dell. Does Dell still provide support?
The problem is "no sound from the computer". I have spent 4 hrs this morning downloading and checking for updates to all the sound drivers.

Any suggestions?

A:No sound Sony Vaio and No Sony Support

I hear the same complaints from Dell users on the Dell forum and from users of other brands. They are all equally lousy on support or want you to pay for it. e.g. "software" support on a Dell is separate from any warrnty or maintenance contract which only covers hardware. You get "free" software support for the first 30 days only.

Back to the sound problem. We need more info to try and assist. e.g. what sound do you have (if you know), etc. You didn't fill out all the needed System Specs. What have you tried? e.g. have you checked the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel to see if your "speakers" (sound card) is set as the default playback device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/165429-no-sound-sony-vaio-no-sony-support.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Noticed how my laptop freezes once in a while. I have 2GB of memory and I only have a web browser open and a word document. yet it still freezes for a bit... Then it will come back. Any ideas?

TIA
Mike

A:Win 7 on Sony SONY VAIO VGN-NR123E

Hi mcastill66, welcome to the forums, make sure all your drivers are up to date , also when was the last time you cleaned the fan inlet and exhaust apertures , a quick burst of a can of compressed air works wonders

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95584-win-7-sony-sony-vaio-vgn-nr123e.html