Windows Support Forum

Help w/ Event 1000 (sysmain fault), Event 55 (corrupt Volume Shadow Copy) + more

Q: Help w/ Event 1000 (sysmain fault), Event 55 (corrupt Volume Shadow Copy) + more

Hi all I have been trying to figure out a serious of issues that my PC has been having It s possible they were caused by poorly seated RAM but the RAM seems to check out now There is a whole slew of details on the case here TechNet with a lot more information that will be of help including w/ Event Shadow Help 55 Volume (sysmain more 1000 fault), + Event Copy) (corrupt posted evtx files I have always gotten great help here though and am in dire need of a second opinion so I thought I would check with this forum s experts Here is the basic gist although there is a ton more detail on the other link Since building this machine I ve had frequent BSODs often seemingly-related to middle of the night MSE updates or possibly other windows updates These always required a System Restore to recover from as Windows was unbootable Often it said the Restore failed but it seemed to resolved the bootability issue at least I have removed MSE and reseated some RAM that initially tested poorly but which now seems to be passing MemTest Help w/ Event 1000 (sysmain fault), Event 55 (corrupt Volume Shadow Copy) + more no problem I still have a series of issues that occur and the one that was causing noticeable issues was SuperFetch causing sysmain dll to fault Event posted below on every boot and periodically throughout the day I have disabled SuperFetch which stopped the issue from happening every boot but it still happens occasionally so it seems SuperFetch is but one trigger The other most common error I have is Event posted below possibly related to Windows Backup and or System Restore which seems to indicate that I am having a problem with Volume Shadow Copying also see Events and below I also have frequent Event posted below issues like this one with many different Event Names There is a history of the investigation at the link above that provides a lot more information including a filtered clip of the events from last night which show a lot of interesting things Any help or guidance would be massively appreciated Thanks in advance Event Application Error Faulting application name svchost exe SysMain version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name sysmain dll version time stamp x a be e Exception code xc Fault offset x bd Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cba ab f e Faulting application path C Windows System svchost exe Faulting module path c windows system sysmain dll Report Id a c f - af- e -a - cf e cfc Event NTFS The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Event VSS Volume Shadow Copy Service information The COM Server with CLSID e fba - e - d - - c fbbb and name CEventSystem cannot be started x The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Operation Subscribing Writer Context Writer Class Id a ad c -b - e c-bb - d f f Writer Name WMI Writer Writer Instance ID c db - f a- c- f- b b d d a Event VSS Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance hr x The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Operation Subscribing Writer Context Writer Class Id a ad c -b - e c-bb - d f f Writer Name WMI Writer Writer Instance ID c db - f a- c- f- b b d d a Event Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket type Event Name BlueScreen Response Not available Cab Id

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370560/help-w-event-1000-sysmain-fault-event-55-corrupt-volume-shadow-copy-more/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help w/ Event 1000 (sysmain fault), Event 55 (corrupt Volume Shadow Copy) + more

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all,
I've just installed Windows 8.1 onto my friend's laptop, a Sony Vaio.
Originally, there are 2 partitions: C for Windows 8.1 (143GB) and D for Data (165GB).

I decreased partition C to 43GB and increased D to 265 GB by using Acronis Disk Director Suite from Hiren's Boot CD. Unfortunately, the process crashed. Partition D's format became RAW and whenever I open it, what I see is "Disk structure is corrupt and unreadable".

What can I do now?
Somebody, please help me.
Thank you very much.

A:Disk structure is corrupt and unreadable

Hi there,
What is your primary goal at the moment to recover the partition or to format it and make is usable? You might try using some kind of partition recovery software, but if the data that's on this partition is important you might think about using professional data recovery services. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-structure-is-corrupt-and-unreadable.216148/
Relevancy 24.94%

Bought a new to me (used) HP TouchSmart tm2 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium installed. However, after the first few uses upon start up I am getting messages telling me that hard drive failure is eminent. I did not get any back up or restore disks with the laptop so I would like to make an image or copy of the hard drive so I can install a new hard drive and copy the image on the new one.

What is the easiest, most economical way to go about this?

Thank you in advance and I apologize if this should be in another section!!

Rudy

A:New (to me) laptop, need to copy harddrive

Immediately back up everything of value to a USB Flash Drive because your hard drive can crash at any second and recovery of info off of a crashed drive costs serious $.

Can you link us to this laptop? There are inexpensive ways to transfer/clone your hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-me-laptop-need-to-copy-harddrive.215869/
Relevancy 24.94%

Guys I need all the expert help I can get I ve got a Western Digital quot My Book quot i think it was called that that has had every picture that me and my girlfriend have ever corrupt drive hard photos All on newborn external taken including when we first met holidays pets and most importantly pictures of All newborn photos corrupt on external hard drive my girlfriends pregnancy and s of photo s of our month old son that have all gone missing and even some other photo s that still show the thumbnail image don t open because I get an error saying that photo s are corrupt or damaged my girlfriend is already going mad and I don t know what software to get them back At present i ve tried opening with different picture veiwers like photoshop no luck I ve tried EASEUS Photo recovery software but then cancelled because I read that Recova could do a better job turns out recova doesn t work on external drives NOW NOTHING WILL OPEN ON THE EXTERNAL HDD I need some expert advise on what program WORKS to try and recovery these files A S A P because otherwise we will be devistated I don t wanna buy loads diferent software only to find that i m doing more damage nbsp

A:All newborn photos corrupt on external hard drive

try pc inspector file recovery. http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartrecovery.html

ALWAYS back up photos to more than one device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-newborn-photos-corrupt-on-external-hard-drive.156964/
Relevancy 50.74%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 24.51%

See picture below. Any ideas? Ive cleaned the rollers, and the main charger, and pretty much anything else I can find in the copier. Havent replaced the toner cartridge though. Originally there was toner all over the place and the dotted line was a solid black line. Performing the aforementioned maintenance items got rid of the thick black line but now this remains.

Any help is appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-km3530-copier-copy-problems.207362/
Relevancy 24.08%

Good day to all,

This may or may not be possible, but let me try and explain. I was wondering if it were possible for a mirrored copy of a file to exist. Meaning every time I modified the file or file (s), its corresponding mirrored copy would change too.

I've been saving a lot of things to my Google Drive recently. I was wondering if it were possible for these files to have a mirrored copy saved to another location on my Hard Drive as well.

New files are being added to the Google Drive on a daily basis, so I doubt there would be a way to set this mirror to new files automatically. And this of course, is assuming that this is possible at all. Let me know if you would like me to elaborate or if this can or can't be done at your convenience.

Thanks,

Speck

A:Automatic mirror or copy of files for backup purposes

If you require

update foo.txt => mirror:foo.txt
for each and every alteration of foo.txt in real time, then basically you're asking for a RAID-1x implementation.

If you can tolerate a nightly sync of *modified files*, then you might look at

allway sync.
You map a local directory onto a remote directory and run the sync one-way to the remote.

Now on a schedule (or manual invocation) only the mods in the local migrate onto the remote.

Frankly, this is my backup strategy for my laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/automatic-mirror-or-copy-of-files-for-backup-purposes.202960/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all!
C drive on my computer is almost full, I keep receiving notifications regarding no or less space in C drive. I have Partitioned my hard disk into 3 parts.
C drive is only 25 GB :/
D drive is 80 GB
E is close to 150 GB

I would like to increase my C drive space from 25 GB to 100 GB cutting E drive down . I am unable to do so through disk management. The option Extend Volume is grayed out. Please suggest an alternate way to increase the volume of my C drive. The OS I have is Windows 7 ultimate!!
Thank you in advance.

A:How to increase volume on C drive

0. Make sure you have everything you can't afford to lose backed up.
1. Get Easeus Partition Master (the free one for home use)
2. Shrink E
3. Expand D
4. Shrink D
5. Expand C

Partition Master may let you just shrink E and expand C, but if you have a traditional partition layout the steps I listed will have to occur (even if PM hides the middle ones).

Personally, I would do 1 step at a time and reboot between each. This way if something goes wrong your chances of recovering are much greater.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-volume-on-c-drive.200779/
Relevancy 52.03%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 21.5%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 24.94%

I ve purchased laptop copy the to I Can one hardrive another? from a laptop and it should be arriving on the th I did this because the graphics on my old laptop is shot and I can only see the top centimeter clearly The new laptop is Windows while the old one is I would assume that there is a way to do this but is there a way to make it automated For example crate a bat file and run the file from a flash drive to start the transfer Or some other way to start the transfer without being able to see exactly what I m doing on the old laptop I can still use the old laptop just without a gui to show me what I m doing The laptop is still under warranty so I don t want to try opening the laptop and taking the hard drive out I don t want to risk accidentally doing something that Can I copy the hardrive from one laptop to another? would void my warranty Or in my situation would it be better to go somewhere and pay to have the hard drive copied from the old laptop to the new Once this is done I want to do a hard drive wipe return to default as I don t want to hand my laptop over to be repaired with all of my personal information still on the laptop What would be the best way of going about this It is likely that I will be receiving a replacement laptop of some sort and so don t know if I will be receiving the same hard drive back or not nbsp

A:Can I copy the hardrive from one laptop to another?

See this topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-copy-the-hardrive-from-one-laptop-to-another.195297/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptop that is a couple of years old. I recently had my Norton protection end and I turned on the Windows Defender, but my computer has been running really slow and acting up. I have been getting a S.M.A.R.T. hard drive error when my computer starts as well. I tried restoring my computer to an earlier setting, but that didn't work. I don't know what to do, and I really could use some help. When I ran an error check on the c hard drive this is what it said: WDC WD32 00BEVT-26A23T0 SATA Disk Device volume: c/. So please if anyone can help me fix this problem or how to fix it that would be great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wdc-wd32-00bevt-26a23t0-sata-disk-device-volume-c.194628/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, I'm David, and I am having problems with packet loss. I usually use internet to watch videos, play some games and what not, but recently I started experiencing lags. I googled it up, and then tried to see if my pc had packet loss (pinged google.com -t). I had a 6% packet loss. Then I tried it on my other pc (it is connected to the same router and is half a meter away from other one). It had 0% packed loss. Then I remembered that recently I downloaded some programs and stuff on the pc with the packet loss. Could it be the cause of my packet loss? Thank you to all who at least read my delema.

A:Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

What Router brand and model are you using?
Are you connected wired or wireless?
Are you connected 100mbps or 1.0 Gbps.
Have you upgraded the firmware on the router lately?
Also have you upgraded the drivers on the PCs network cards?
Have you ever power cycled the power on the router or modem?
Any switches connected to the router? If so, try a different port.
Have you tried a different port on the router?

Packet loss in a router means the router started degrading on the ports side.
Device could be overheating or just have duff ports (bad)
In your case you can also.

1. Backup config settings in the Router
2. Do a Factory Reset will wipe all prior settings out
3. Restore Backup config settings in the Router

If all was tried you should consider replacing the router only as option though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packed-loss-could-it-be-a-programs-fault.194386/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have ps2 corupted memory card I try too delete the corupted data but it wont ........... and the memory card wont load by the browser ............ plz smeone show way to format it plz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-ps2-memory-card.193659/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi.

Some how my Enter Key has started to mute and unmute the master volume.
Doesn't mater when I press the button. While playing a game or even using excel, every time I press enter volume mutes and the when I press enter again it unmutes.

I use Windows 7 ultimate bit64

Solutions please

A:Pressing Enter Key Mutes & Unmutes Master Volume

Hi Ronnie09,

The Enter key normally does not regulate volume control on most computers. What is the system model of your computer?

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell
For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pressing-enter-key-mutes-unmutes-master-volume.193160/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,my hard disk is paritioned into 4 drives.In my F drive my videos are stored,when I open my F drive and go to the folder where some particular videos are stored and try to watch it, there is a green loading bar at the address bar and then my pc hangs,I cannot copy,rename etc the file
This occurs with approx all my folders but only about 40-50 % videos are affected in a particular folder,rest run normally
Thanks in advance

A:Cannot watch/copy videos

What is the total size of this hard drive, and its 4 partitions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-watch-copy-videos.192779/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Everyone As you can see by the title I m having a few strange issues At random points during the day my mouse moves and sometimes right clicks system volume mutes itself and turns itself down and lastly the DVD drive randomly opens them immediately closes a couple times a day First thought was quot Someone is playing a prank on me quot because it s my work computer and has various shadowing remote control tools on it like UltraVNC and Teamviewer however stopping these services did nothing Then I thought it might be a virus or hacking tool system runs Sophos anti-virus and the computer is behind a pretty powerful corporate firewall nonetheless I ran MalwareBytes HijackThis and Spybot Search amp Destroy and they found nothing I ve also tried replacing the mouse and keyboard just in case but still nothing Is anyone able to help shed some light on DVD Opening Mousing Volume By Themselves Muting and Moving, Drive these issues Not particularly keen to reformat my work machine and put myself out of action for a few hours Cheers David nbsp

A:Mousing Moving, Volume Muting and DVD Drive Opening By Themselves

Any updates on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mousing-moving-volume-muting-and-dvd-drive-opening-by-themselves.191698/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys Recently I have been looking around for components for a decent gaming pc capable of running some of the latest games such as Battlefield Arma II III DayZ Skyrim with mods Minecraft with mods and various others at high to max settings I m in Perth and have a budget of around without monitor or PC (Feedback) $1000-1200 Gaming peripherals I ve been $1000-1200 Gaming PC (Feedback) looking at MSY Perth as they have the cheapest parts $1000-1200 Gaming PC (Feedback) I have come up with $1000-1200 Gaming PC (Feedback) a list of components I have found online CPU- Intel Core i - k Quad Core CPU Cooler- Cooler Master V originally I went for the CM TPC but couldn t find it on the MSY website MoBo- ASRock Z Extreme Memory- G Skill Ares series GB x Mhz HDD- Seagate Barracuda TB mb RPM SSD- Samsung series GB Graphics Card- MSI GB OC Case- Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Feel free to suggest another case though I d prefer a case with a side window and a few USB or ports PSU- Antec HCG- M OS- Windows Professional bit OD- Asus Black x This is without the mouse keyboard or headset though I plan later on to buy the Razer Deathadder and am still yet to decide on a keyboard I d love any suggestions I think I d prefer a good quality MX Cherry red or brown mechanical keyboard and headset feel free to leave a suggestion I m not looking for a monitor in this build but maybe if anyone knows a good quality cheap monitor it would be greatly appreciated I d love if anyone could also tell me if these are the best parts for my budget and what settings I d be able to achieve with this pc on the games I listed If you feel that other components may be better please do list them with a description of why you chose that particular part I m not a genius when it comes to quality of components -Thanks in advance brenno nbsp

A:$1000-1200 Gaming PC (Feedback)

As a fellow Perth dweller, I highly recommend you order your parts from an online store such as Mwave or PC Case Gear. They are cheaper than pretty much any local store and have a much larger range of components (I recommend you purchase your Case and Monitor locally, as they cost a fair bit to ship). You can save some money buy buying from multiple stores as well, just keep an eye out for good deals.

As for your build, I'm liking most of it, I have a couple of suggestions however.

I wouldn't bother with a V8 for the cooler, I's suggest downgrading to a Hyper 212X (newer version of the 212 Evo). They are more popular and can guarantee good results.

If you can stretch it, go for the Samsung 840 Pro for your SSD, as they are significantly better than the non-pro.

I think your PSU is cutting it pretty fine, and I'd definitely suggest an upgrade. I'd get a 650W or even a 750W form Corsair or Seasonic, as this will leave some headroom for you to upgrade in the future.

As for the case, the choice is really up to you and your personal taste. I like the look of the Corsair Carbide 300R for your price range.

I'd also recommend getting Windows 7 Home Premium to save cash, unless you want professional for a specific reason.

At Mwave.com with my suggestions, including a 650W PSU and shipping (I live near Claremont and it'll cost me $30 for shipping) the PC totals $1362. Buying your Case locally will shave a little more off the cost.

I've heard great things about the Coolermaster QuickFire TK (they come in Red, Brown or Blue Switches) for an entry-level Mechanical Keyboard. I'd suggest doing your research and try to find some to try out before choosing, however.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1000-1200-gaming-pc-feedback.192325/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I've had a problem with my speakers for a while. They will just stop working if I skip forward a few songs on iTunes. They also stop working when I skip forward in time in a song in iTunes, or when I skip forward in time on youtube videos.

Disabling and enabling the speakers in playback devices usually fixes this problem. Restarting my computer always fixes the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Volume Stops Working When Using Audio/Video Media

Can you tell me what is under the "Sound, video and game controllers" tab in device manager like this:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-stops-working-when-using-audio-video-media.191962/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
I used my computer to transfer back up files from an old hard drive to a brand new one. I did not open the individual files, just cut/pasted them onto the new drive. Well the new drive dies on me and I no longer have the old drive.
I was wondering if my computer copied the files onto itself during the transfer process and if it did, is there any way I can recover them?
Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

A:File transfer/copy

Ouch; Especially for large transfers, file movement from media{a} -> media{b} use no intermediate cache or temp files. IMO, unless CHKDSK c: /F /R can fix the new drive, I think you're in deep dodo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-transfer-copy.191860/
Relevancy 33.11%

Been working on next gen of PowerCode ROM Upgrade for Kyros Tablet from COBYUSA, COBY International and Visual Connect/Prestige from Visual Land along with the Skypad Alpha2 and Skypad Gemini from Skytex. Running Android Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.

Results are as follows in

PowerCode WiFi 54 G+ on 720MHz, 256mb of RAM System
Test 1:

PowerCode WiFi 300 N+ 1GHz, 1GB of RAM System
Test1:

PowerCode WiFi 300 N+ 1GHz, 1GB of RAM System
Test1:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powercode-1000-2013-rom-upgrades-for-kyros-visual-and-skypad.191514/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 Windows Vista Home 64 Service Pack 2. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the most recent BIOS.

I get this error message in my event viewer a couple of time an hour:

Source: ACPI
Event ID: 13

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Also, when my computer is unplugged from the AC and running on battery power the system lags a lot and after about 15 minutes its turns off without warning.

I feel like this is all connected. Any advice?

Thank you!

A:ACPI error Event ID 13

This could be caused by a failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-error-event-id-13.190645/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have sold my computer yesterday and told the person to contact me if there are any issues. She did.
Apparently she is having issues that her microphone volume, both the one with webcam and the headphones, is too low. She said that she checked the settings in the audio control panel and everything was fine there.
I know it isn't a hardware issue because I did not have the same issue in either Windows 7 or Windows 8 on that computer. Before I gave the PC to her I did do a clean install of Windows 8.
I told her to install the Realtek drivers to see if that would fix the issue, but I am wondering if anyone else had that issue and what they'd done to fix it.

It's a built-in audio chipset Realtek ALC 887 on an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 with Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

A:Microphone volume is too low

Tell her to run these:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioRecording/
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioPlayback/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-volume-is-too-low.190926/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have two Western Digital Tb HD making data Problem copy connection to adhoc HD s which I use for archiving and are carbon copies of Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data each other and my third installed OS HD They are both external to my computer in fact one came as part of a WD My Book Previously I had my Asus P Q Deluxe fitted and I could just plug the two HD s into the PSU with a spare power cable and connect them to the mobo with a couple of Sata cables and copy any data from the main installed HD or replicate data between them No problem However due to RAM issues I have swapped the mobo out for my Asus P W DH Deluxe I just assumed I could go ahead with my adhoc method of plug and play HD connectivity but after shutting down my desktop wiring in just one archive HD and powering up the computer went a Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data bit funny All the icons had shifted over to my TV display next to my desktop while my monitor s desktop pic got squashed vertically with vertical letterbox lines left and right pretty much as though I had been messing with the AMD Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data Catalyst Control Centre Any ideas why plugging in an HD or two into the spare Sata EZ Raid sockets would cause this Why didn t it behave like P Q e g plug amp play style or as if I had simply plugged in the HD via the USB One thing I forgot to check was if the HD showed up in My Computer while the icons and what not were on the TV screen Tom nbsp

A:Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data

Nevermind. I plugged the two archive HD's into the mobo today and all is fine and copying perfectly.

Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-making-adhoc-hd-connection-to-copy-data.190199/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi im new here so I don t know if im posting in the right forum but I bought a TB western digtal Elements external hard drive at the start of and weeks ago I plugged it into my xbox to put some photos on to it and when I was finish with it days later after I used external drive Corrupt hard it on my xbox I plugged it Corrupt external hard drive into my Corrupt external hard drive laptop and find none of my files what was on my extrnal hard drive was there so I tired all alot of programs to try and get my data back but none of them worked all I got was this external hard is badly corrupt so im wonding is there any hope for me that I can recover my files as they are important to me as im working towards being a photographer and I always back my videos I got or my photos I took on the External hard drive aswell as my docs and all my music what is like or more songs on it so im just wonding what can I do to get my files off in one piece nbsp

A:Corrupt external hard drive

Yeah! dear you can recover your all photos. I want to ask you that did you try any data recovery or photo recovery software till now? if not then you should I am assuring you will get back your all files . If you want I can help you by suggesting some renowned photo recovery software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-external-hard-drive.189934/
Relevancy 25.8%

I was installing new Windows 7. I didn't touch partition F:\ at all! But there was a problem in installing Windows, after everything got compleated Windows wasn't proceeding from its logo and was getting restarted after blinking a Blue Scereen!
then I installed windows through Bootable USB everything worked that wasn't by DVD but now!

I got check-up for partition F: ! It was showing that "Corrupted master file"
Windows wasn't doing anything after that it was just stuck there So I restarted it!

Now! When I try to open this partition it shows:

Also It wasn't boot-able!
I just want to fix this partition! I tried "GetDataBack for NTFS" it didn't work as all videos It recovered wasn't working
Please Help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mft-corrupt-partition-ntfs.190074/
Relevancy 25.8%

Symptom When gaming with my buddies they are always complaining that my mic is way to low What I have Creative HS- Headset Plug and Play USB How I have set up so that voice chat comes through my ears and everything else goes through the speakers I use a program called Trillian with a Skype add-on What I tried Turning the mic volume up to the max in Trillian Turning the mic volume up to the max in the properties of the device Sound-Recording-Microphone Turning headset HS-720 problem) (mic Creative volume Automatic Gain Control off and putting everything up Turning AGC on Turned Listening off Switched to dvd quality Switched to cd quality Allow applications to take control skype in this case Googled for drivers but no luck at all Tried pushing it closer to my face then my friends complain of breathing noises which is quiet Additional Information I am running Windows bit Pro I have BT Infinity Internet Mbps Down Mbps Up The headset is plugged into a standard USB slot I have had Creative HS-720 headset (mic volume problem) this problem since I had the mic but never got around to trying to fix it until now Question How can I amplify my mic s volume for better use nbsp

A:Creative HS-720 headset (mic volume problem)

Bump

Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-hs-720-headset-mic-volume-problem.189741/
Relevancy 25.8%

My problem is I cant open the drive. But in My Computer window, it did display the drive but I cant do anything. Windows prompt me to format the disk which I already did but I got this popup "cannot open volume for direct access".

These are the solutions that I tried but failed:-

Use TestDisk but it doesnt even detect the drive.
Disk Management also didnt detect the drive.
Already used Command Prompt to repair the disk. It display this "Cannot open volume for direct access" which I run it as admin.

Here I provide a screenshot for reference.

A:Cannot open volume for direct access

Hmm; that's the primary partition with Windows on it - - can never format or partition the C:\ while booted from it

WHY are you attempting this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-volume-for-direct-access.189735/
Relevancy 25.8%

Well here is the thing, I have bought JVC HA-M5X before let's say 1 month, so I have tested them on iPod and on another Machine but when I plug them in my PC they seem awfully low. They are 2 or 3 times louder on iPod or the another PC I have tried, they sound like I've plugged em in my phone. Here is a video and I'm sorry for my poor quality.

A:Windows 7 headphones volume problem

I have same problem.. with razer tiamat 2.2 and xonar dsx... very low output volume... I have tried many things to resolve but nothing has worked very well although I have seen best results using 16 bit, 44k to 48k sample rate, and I couldnt see in vid but if you have a digital output in playback tab leave it enabled and unmuted with speakers..., and in recording tab only have microphone and stereo mix enabled, disable the rest. also under communications tab change it to 'do nothing' option... I have found the front panel jack outputs much louder volume but doing that I dont beleive it takes advantage of the op amp in my xonar dsx sound card ... im still searching for a complete fix for this problem though.. hope this helps a bit atleast

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-headphones-volume-problem.187009/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 24.51%

I m using pen drives Kingston- GB and Transcend GB Transcend works fine on both my PC and Notebook But in my PC Kingston didn t copy drive: 7 Windows problem in Pen work properly while copying files to it When I insert the Kingston it is detected no problem when copying moving files from it to my PC speed was - MB sec and nothing happens when it is left on the port for hours But when copying files from PC to Kingston it was slow nearly - MB sec normally it ll be - MB sec and increasing and halts at some point and after some time a dialog box see attached pics And in my computer see the attached pic In my Pen drive: copy problem in Windows 7 laptop when copying the speed was slow - MB sec than normal but the copy was successful I ve formatted the Kingston both Quick and Full And tried uninstalling the drivers of the USB ports and the Kingston pendrive driver and reinstalled by refreshing Still the problem persists If you re not able to see the images here are Pen drive: copy problem in Windows 7 the direct links to the images https rapidshare com files Computer - - - - png https rapidshare com files Computer - - - - png https rapidshare com files Computer - - - - png nbsp

A:Pen drive: copy problem in Windows 7

I've had a similar issue before with a USB flash drive. The issue only occurred for me when reading data off it, but not when placing data on it. It almost seemed like it 'lost connection' with the computer somewhere along the way.

What worked for me was to try a different USB port. The one I had it in didn't seem to like the USB drive very much, and it worked in all other ports.

If that doesn't work for you, it sounds like part, if not most, of the flash drive is corrupted/gone bad. From what you said about the slower-than-normal speeds and the failing to write to it (in some cases), it appears a section might be partly broken. The only solution would be to get a new flash drive (or return this one, but for anything <16GB that's more often than not a waste of money). Before you do that though, test it in some other USB ports, and preferably on other machines than your desk- and laptop. If it continues to preform poorly, it's broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pen-drive-copy-problem-in-windows-7.185806/
Relevancy 25.8%

I've downloaded photos from my camera's memory card onto my computer, the whole photo comes up at first in the thumbnail and then part of the photo gets blanked out with a grey block or the photo becomes distorted. I've tried it on another computer and it does the same. Can anyone help me recover them?

A:Corrupt photo files

Hi, If you are seeing a part of your photo, say just the top 10% but the rest is grey, then it means that the grey part has been saved over by another jpeg file, so that means it must have been deleted at some time earlier.
The thumbnail version you see is a different version, but is only a few hundred bytes of data . To cut a long story down, the jpegs are are gone.
A good program to recover jpegs from memory cards etc, is Piriform's 'Recuva' , but it can't get back data that's been saved over, only jpeg files that have been marked 'delete' BUT have not yet been written over by another jpeg file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-photo-files.185106/
Relevancy 25.37%

when i plug in my memory stick and do a search on it it say please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click ok whats gone wrong please

A:Memory stick -- insert last disk of multi-volume set?

it could be that the zip file is part of a lot more files. they are usually broken up into smaller parts to upload, and you need all of them to decompress the file.

or the file didnt completly transfer onto the USB drive, or has become currupted/damaged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-insert-last-disk-of-multi-volume-set.180363/
Relevancy 25.37%

I need some help. For some reason I can no longer copu photos from My Pictures to a CD. I'am getting "E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function" message when i try to burn a CD or DVD on an external DVD\RW. any ideas??? please help.

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,I browsed trough hundreds of threads and I still haven't fixed my problem.
Which is mainly this - my mic is too low on volume (I use headphones).
If I install Realtek AC97 Audio Driver 4.06 the mic works fine,but then sound comes from the speakers AND the headphones as well.If I install the HD driver - then the same old low volume.
Don't tell me to go to control panel - sound and audio etc - Volume options enable mic etc etc - Did that thousands of times.
I also re-installed all AC'97 codecs and ALL of auido drivers.
I just can't seem to increase the volume.No mic boost thing works,no calibration in MicCal works.Nothing works.
Here is my dx diag
mediafire[dot]com/?47jvbrb946aamq4
can someone please tell what is wrong.

A:Microphone volume is low with Realtek HD audio

did you try going to the control panel>>>sound and audio>>>Volume options enable mic etc etc?

What OS are you using? If Win 7, Try right-clicking the speaker in the bottom-right notification area and open volume mixer to adjust your output levels.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-volume-is-low-with-realtek-hd-audio.179500/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Guys Mike here,My old computer crashed during a lightening storm(mobo was bad)and bought a new HP pavillion slimline.Whats the best way to get "my documents "my pictures" from my old hD.This very important to me as i have a lot of pics of my daughter on that old hd and she passed away 8/26/2010 at the age of 39.Thanks Regards Mike

A:Best way to transfer my documents/pictures from corrupt hard drive

Hi Mike
Assuming your hard drive is still in working order and uncorrupted by the lightning strike I don`t think it should be too difficult.
I had a similar problem and got round it by buying a :- USB 2.0 to SATA IDE Hard Drive Adapter Converter Cable, of Ebay in the UK for approx 7.USB-SATA-IDE-Hard-Drive-Adapter-Converter (brilliant piece of kit and worth every penny)
Just remove the HD from the old computer and power it up on your desk using the purchased device and connect to your new computer USB port.
Open Windows Explorer on your new computer to view the contents of your old HD and "Drag and Drop" or "Copy & Paste" the files required to your new computer.
If your old HD is corrupt as mine was you may require some suitable software. I used "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" (not the free edition) although the free edition may be worth trying before going to any great expense.
Hopefully your HD is uncorrupted.
Hope you fully understood my explanation and good luck.
Regards
Danny

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-transfer-my-documents-pictures-from-corrupt-hard-drive.177245/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

A:Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey there,

I am trying to pull old files from my hard drive that was in my old computer running Windows XP. I have it plugged in via extenal housing/Reader if you will and when I try to copy or drag the files a windows shows up saying access is denied. Is this because of user logins or something with XP or something crazy like this and is there a way to copy these files over to my other computer that is running XP as well.

Thanks

A:Unable to copy files from old hard drive even with carriage

You need to take ownership. Here is a thread with instructions: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic8914.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-copy-files-from-old-hard-drive-even-with-carriage.176761/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have just bought a Acer laptop. The model, as it says on my laptop, Aspire 4752-6838.

The problem is that my fn hotkeys do not work for raising and lowering the volume or muting or playing. That would be fn + up, fn + down, and fn + f8, respectively.

Interestingly enough, my fn hotkeys work for other functions like num lock, brightness. Im not sure about my other fn keys working, but i dont have a need for them, so i dont care. However i really want to use my fn hotkeys for volume control.

Is there any way to enable this? Or does any one know where this problem arises and a solution?

BTW i read the manual and it doesn't help me with my problem. I also tried searching google and found no help either. If anyone knows where else i can look, that would help too.

A:My fn hotkeys do not work for volume control

Take it back to where you bought it and have them take a look. It could be a faulty keyboard. What version of Windows are you running? Have you run Windows update till no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-fn-hotkeys-do-not-work-for-volume-control.175048/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I searched the internet using google and came across a post from on this forum which discussed the problem I am having although it didn t seem to have a conclusion the assistance given was very good I have a fujitsu-siemens scaleo unrecoverable Windows problems to volume appears XP The more or contain one t desktop which from the posts I have read seems like my hard drive is on it s last legs Which is ok because I recently bought a seagate external hard drive so that I could backup and copy all the files from my pc which I had been using mainly for storage as I have a laptop I had an idea that as the make of the pc is not all that good I may start to have problems and was trying to pre-empt unfortunately it seems the pc has beaten me to it and started to die before I could get all the files off the hard drive onto the seagate I got to m in the folders and am really desperate to recover the rest of the files especially one of photos Sorry to be so long winded but thought the more information I can give to my situation the better it is I have rebooted from the cd and the The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP windows xp disk which did not complete I have done a chkdsk r whcih came up with this message I rebooted with the windows disk in and started the process again and got the message the following list shows the exiasting partitions etc etc Unknow Disk there is no disk in this drive Options given ENTER Install D Delete Partition F Quit I haven t gone any further as I didn t want to possibly jeopardise retriving my files What can I do All help greatly The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP

If it is within your budget, buy an external hard drive enclosure which operates with a USB or Firewire cable (depending on what you can use). They are available at many online stores such as Directron, NewEgg, Frys, and on eBay...
Do NOTHING more with your computer. Remove the hard drive now. When you get the external enclosure, insert your failing hard drive, then plug the "enclosed" hard drive into your new or restored computer, where you often locate the needed files and folders and drag them across,. This does not work everytime, but most of the time, the hard drive will not boot because of damage to the outer edge of the disks, but you can still see the data on the drive when it is on a USB connection.
Once you find you can access the old hard drive via a USB connection, do NOT turn it off or disconnect until you have rescued and verified all the data and images.
You may find that it works slowly and takes a lot of time, but it is surprising how often this will work to rescue stuff that is important to you.
If an external enlosure is not available to you, you may be able to insert the drive into another coputer as a slave, with changes to the jumper, and find them that way.
This works because the old drive no longer has to boot. It is not fool proof, but the only other method is to have a rescue company recover the data... it usually costs a lot of money... starting at $55 to test, and as much as $500 to retrieve the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-volume-appears-to-contain-one-or-more-unrecoverable-problems-windows-xp.174242/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey all! Ive been having this crazy issue that if I put my master volume over 50% it starts making this high pitch squelching noise and it only goes away if you mute it. Im using a Creative SB X-FI sound card but thats not the issue. Ive replaced it with 2 totally different sound cards with the same result. Went in and completely removed all drivers and reinstalled with the most up to date drivers with the same result. Ive even placed the different cards in different slots on the board. I dont understand. Plus to make issues worse my mic doesnt want to work either. Maybe there is a conflict on my board or something? Im at a loss. Help!!

A:Sound is distorted when over 50% volume

Time to remove the software, then use something like RegEdit to take off all remnants of the old install, and THEN reinstall the drivers... that will tell you if the issue is elsewhere requiring a reinstall of Windows... or a Repair install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-distorted-when-over-50-volume.174192/
Relevancy 32.68%

my laptop is a dell latitude/D520 PP17L
IT SHOWS UP ERROR CODE 1000-0148 UNIT 2 OPTICAL DRIVE BISTOPU TEST FAILD.thats all it says and i'm running windows 7 please can anyone help on what to do .also it plays dvds but no other discs i looked on dell site for code and it says take drive out then put back in and it shuld work but would like help from here before i touch it as this site and the people here have always been 100% spot on .. thanks

A:Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

wow no one can help ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-1000-0148-cd-rom-drive-dell-latitude-d520.173060/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an Acer aspire one netbook and I've heard about some keyboard problems. My volume function isnt working at all. All the other function keys work except for the volume control (up and down arrow). They work when scrolling etc. They only DONT work when I have the function key pressed as well. Help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-function-key-problem-only-volume-function-not-working.172884/
Relevancy 25.8%

On my Windows computer I think I have a block on adding new storage devices As if i plug in a usb hard drive I get a Yellow ! point under Storage Devices as well if I add a new sata HDD internally.
Any Ideas
Thanks for any help.

A:Generic volume yellow problem

What is this computers make and model? What version of Windows is it running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/generic-volume-yellow-problem.172289/
Relevancy 34.4%

My Dell Inspiron 1000 won't boot. When i press the power button, the lights above the keyboard flash for a second, then with a click it stops. It does not even start the boot sequence. I tried a UBCD but it never gets that far. Can anybody help me diagnose the problem?

Thank you

A:Dell Inspiron 1000 won't boot

I had the same problem when my graphics card died and then it has also happened to me when a HDD died and got it working by disconnecting the power cable to faulty component. So you could try that, one component at the time, or then remove (for ex.) one ram card and try, then an other and try again...and so on

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1000-wont-boot.171905/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

On my new laptop I have no mic level (Conexant SmartAudio HD) so I cannot listen to the mic back, any ideas

Thanks

A:No mic volume

Laptops normally have 2 mic devices, one being the one built into the laptop, and another for external mics going into the mic port on the side of the laptop. You need to make sure you've set the correct one to be your default mic. If you're using an external mic, it's quite common for the mic device to be invisible in many menus when the mic isn't plugged into the mic port, but if the mic is plugged in, are you sure the device itself is enabled?

The screenshot you provided is the properties of a playback device, you need to find your recording device and go to properties on that to find the mic level

Right click your speaker cone bottom right near the clock on your task bar, then click recording devices, here you'll be able to see whats going on. If your mic device is disabled, right click and go to enable. Check your volume level in properties, and if you're still having trouble, get back to me providing more screenshots if you can

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mic-volume.170934/
Relevancy 24.51%

Morning,

I recently purchased a Buffalo ministation to save my folders to as a back up. I've copied some folders no problem (one up to 5.38gb) but now it is telling me (on a folder smaller than 4gb) that it cannot be copied. I formatted the hdd to NTFS as soon as I got it, so it isn't that.

Any help,

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buffalo-ministation-will-not-let-me-copy-some-folders.171558/
Relevancy 29.24%

There is a laptop I want to purchase which is described to have an "intermittent graphics fault" where the screen turns green.
I have read that this is definitely a hardware error, some pointing out the video cable as being loose.
I was wondering if you guys are familiar with this problem and what is required to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop screen turns green; intermittent graphics fault

Honestly, I would avoid any laptop that has that issue because you don't know what is causing it and if you have to replace the screen the cost is often more than what you would pay for a new system.

Can you link us to this laptop or give us more details about this unit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-turns-green-intermittent-graphics-fault.170726/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay here is the story My laptop has a ton of valuable information on it recently my Norton protection ran out and was unable to renew it Well somebody hacked my system and now I have a ton of viruses trojans and malware So I was still able to use my Copy to drive external profile user entire hard PC for internet usage and my music still played in Windows Media Player So all in all my laptop still worked Now today I go to turn on my laptop and it will not boot up at all I can t even system restore or repair it with windows repair However I do need to back up my files and since my hard drive is what is wrong in the first place I think it might be better instead of copying the entire hard drive to my terabyte external hard drive if it would make more sense just to copy my entire user profile onto my external I am wondering if this is possible i have heard of LiveCD s and Parted Magic from this forum But I am wondering if I can just back up all of my files that way If I can back up all of my files like that I might save money instead of taking to a repairman and just fix it myself So is it possible to copy and back-up the entire user profile of a laptop that will not boot up to an external hard drive Basically I want to copy the entire contents of my User Profile on Vista onto an external drive so I can use my reboot CD to reboot my laptop without losing any of my files and folders or Copy entire user profile to external hard drive anything for that Copy entire user profile to external hard drive matter I figure the best way to do that would be to copy the user profile so all the contents of that profile would go onto my external Then I reboot my computer and put Copy entire user profile to external hard drive the User Profile back on Simple nbsp

A:Copy entire user profile to external hard drive

Have you tried a repair install? If that is possible that will leave your files intact.. It is a good idea to back on a regular basis anyway.

The other possibility is connecting your hard drive as a slave drive on another pc.

If the repair install is not possible there are a number of ways using boot cd's to access your data.

Here is one solution that is free and should do what you want
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/rk-express/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copy-entire-user-profile-to-external-hard-drive.169549/
Relevancy 25.37%

I was hoping somebody here might be able to help advise me what is wrong with my hard drive as I have a feeling drive, is Advice on it my hard corrupt/damaged? it is corrupt Basically I bought my Kingston v ssd as a boot drive for my computer around to moths ago soon afterwords problems started occurring and windows files started to randomly go missing with dll files disappearing and a number of registry issues occuring until it reached the point where my pc was virtually unusable and even Advice on my hard drive, is it corrupt/damaged? system restore wouldn t solve the problem so I had to reinstall windows This solved the problem or so it Advice on my hard drive, is it corrupt/damaged? seemed A Advice on my hard drive, is it corrupt/damaged? few weeks ago the same issues started arising with important files mysteriously going missing and no viruses showing up in any scans It started this time with scripted diagnostics host stopping working and things rapidly declined from there It reached the point where now none of my devices show up in device manger and my drivers have disappeared making windows think my copy now isn t genuine I can t enable plug and play to recognize them again so I can t reinstall windows When I try to do this from the cd in windows it says windows can t get any information about my disks so it wont let me go any further I now can t even boot my pc from a cd when the ssd is connected no matter what I set my boot order to it just boots up from the ssd I have a second hard drive I use for storage so I disconnected my ssd and booted up my pc again this time it booted fine from my windows cd and started the setup to install windows Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to try and give as detailed account of my problem as possible For anybody that might know does this sound like it is my ssd that has an issue or might something else be causing this like a virus My kingston ssd is still fairly new so it is covered by warranty however I just wanted to check first that it is an issue that would be covered by warranty before I send it off I will be extremely great for any advice anybody has on the matter nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-my-hard-drive-is-it-corrupt-damaged.166546/
Relevancy 24.94%

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to read and help My current GB hard drive is approaching capacity on all three of its partitions Additionally when I initially partitioned the drive some years back I way with HD? partitions second expand and copy new to Best only allocated GB to C where I ve got WinXP loaded I just ordered a TB drive So I was wondering how best Best way to copy and expand partitions with new second HD? to utilize this new purchase to transfer data over and also expand my C partition drive where WinXP Best way to copy and expand partitions with new second HD? will continue to reside all without the Best way to copy and expand partitions with new second HD? hassle of reinstalling Windows which I really want to avoid I ve read some on the subject but haven t found a definitive answer I suppose I could copy just D and E over to the new drive erase them on the old drive and then expand C into them or merge I might be able to copy just C to the new drive make it the master and then erase C from the old drive and boot with the new But honestly I m just guessing here Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish my goals with the least risk to data integrity Any input would be very much appreciated Thanks ELB Motherboard Gigabyte P-DS PSU Corsair HX Series CMPSU- HX W Power Supply CPU Intel Core Duo E MHz RAM Corsair GB Kit DDR - XMS - Xtreme Performance Memory GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX - GB GDDR PCIE GV-N OC- GI HD Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB Serial ATA II RPM Hard Drive w MB Buffer HD coming soon Western Digital TB Caviar Blue SATA Gb s RPM MB Cache Bulk OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD EALX DVD-R ASUS DRW- L T LS SATA DVD Burner OS Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack x -bit DirectX c nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-copy-and-expand-partitions-with-new-second-hd.165914/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Windows XP Dell pc runs M-Powered ProTools with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card installed. The card's analog outputs drive my pair of nearfields. But I would like to have wireless volume and mute control. Can someone recommend one or more wireless remote models?

A:Wireless volume/mute remote for Windows XP

Does your computer have an infrared port? It's a small red plastic square usually located in the rear...
Infrared Remote

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-volume-mute-remote-for-windows-xp.165136/
Relevancy 34.4%

Building my first pc, looking for some advice on which parts to buy, here's some info:

* I want to build a gaming PC
* I want to spend about $900-1000(that's not including shipping/tax to keep things simple).
* I live in California, USA
* I want to buy from newegg
* I am not reusing any old parts from an earlier build
* I haven't bought any parts yet
* I do not need any peripherals
* I don't have an OS and I want windows 7 home
* Since this is my first time building a PC, I would like to avoid liquid cooling and stick with fans, I also don't plan on overclocking.
* Full size case is fine; I don't plan on moving PC for lans etc.
* I do modding on an older game which has trouble with radeon drivers, so I want a nVidia card.

All help is appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-900-1000-gaming-pc-which-parts-to-buy.165020/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I was looking to build a new PC for my dad for father's day or his birthday and he would use it to run two small businesses and also for media (such as watching high definition movies, video/audio editing, photoshop, etc.) I would also be using it to game whenever I come home from college but thats not as important as fulfilling all his needs.

My budget would be around $1000 to $1500 as previously stated in the title. I won't be needing any peripherals, and I plan on using the cooler master haf x tower.

Any suggestions on the rest of the build? This would be the first build by myself but I've helped and observed a few other builds. Any help would be appreciated!

A:New PC build, budget $1000 to $1500

If you could be a little more specific about what you'll need it for; running a small businesses is broad.

Do you need a blu ray drive?
I suggested two 2TB drives in RAID I for data redundancy, which I would think might be important, but that's to your discretion; same goes for the capacity.

2x SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card
SAPPHIRE 100327L Radeon HD 6750 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power

Total ? $975 USD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-build-budget-1000-to-1500.164923/
Relevancy 34.4%

Alright This budget $1000 - New gaming build is what ive put together so far for my gaming build http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Monitor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Optical Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E SU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E MOBO http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk ATI HD X GPU That s everything i need i already have all other peripherals and OS Windows Ultimate bit My expectations are to be able to play the majority of modern games on decent to good settings So my question for you all is- Are there any changes i can make to save some or just New gaming build - $1000 budget more practical modifications All those things came up to about before taxes and as you can see all I m working is Soo All advice is appreciated nbsp

A:New gaming build - $1000 budget

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
SAPPHIRE 100312-1GSR Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V Ver.2.2 / EPS12V version 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-4GBXM
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
Totals ? $800 USD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-build-1000-budget.164771/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey Building for a $1000, possible build looking for computer best new guys so here s the situation I have done a bit of research but have been told by many people that creating my own post Building a new computer for $1000, looking for best possible build would give me the Building a new computer for $1000, looking for best possible build best results So any suggestions would be extremely nice Any who getting back to the point my dad got me some cheap Dell pc for like bucks a few years ago before I started pushing my computers limits In the last year I started gaming at ton started using video editing programs like Sony Vegas and Adobe After Effects started using AutoCAD Architecture and Inventor I also got an ATI Radeon a few months ago because I got into more advanced d modeling and also so Minecraft would run faster but after about two weeks my PCU messed up and would no longer support the graphics card So now my computer sucks with games and my d stuff so I m building a computer I want to try and stay under bucks but if I need to I can go up another bucks if it makes that big of a difference I m deciding to build my own computer because I want a faster more powerful computer that I know will work great for my projects on it I m new to building computer but I get how they are setup I not sure about it but I read on another post that more RAM will help me with my d modeling speed So I want to at least have gigs of RAM I have not bought any parts yet and don t plan on using any old parts I don t know if any extra cooling fans or water cooling is necessary but if so I will definitely buy one One thing I don t know much about is bit and bit operating systems I currently have windows bit but can easily get a bit version if it s better I already have a keyboard mouse and an okay monitor I don t think I need a new monitor but I can always get a new one at a later time so suggestions would still be nice I will most definitely be buying all parts off the internet so finding pieces won t be a problem nbsp

A:Building a new computer for $1000, looking for best possible build

Good!

So you've made the decision of building your own computer. GOOD FOR YOU! :grinthumb

Now, before anything i'd like to let you know that building a PC is more of an opinion thing.. I'm pretty sure spending 1000 Dollars is already going WAY over what you really need. So i'm going to provide you with my opinionated choice.

First off, i'm buying everything off of newegg which i dont get charged taxes for.

I've got an ASUS M4N98TD Motherboard,
An AMD phenom 2 X6 overclocked to 3.8ghz (Bought it at 2.8Ghz)
i've got 6GB of G-Skill Ram DDR3

and Two XFX HD 6950 1GB GDDR5 Video Cards

I built all of this (Including case and peripherals) For under $850.

But i could have done cheaper. For instance, i did not need Two Video cards, and i did not need a hexacore a quad core would have been fine. But i've got Six Screens to power Crysis 2 on and Garrys mod, and i am ONE happy Camper.

Just make sure, that what you buy is a good investment for the future, Reason i also Picked Hexacore, is so i dont have to change the computer for another 10 years hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer-for-1000-looking-for-best-possible-build.163778/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi all this is a update to my other post. i now realised what was causing the screeching sound. having levels on my monitor up causes noise from the computer to be heared. before i upgraded having the monitors on 0% would be silent and turning up would not give of noises. now having them at 0% music plays with no noises and can be controled in windows but wont reach loud levels because of the speakers being at -30db. im guessing there is a setting somewhere that can be altered to lower the system volume so i can just turn up the monitors themselvs?

i am using realtek hd audio on a gigabyte x58 usb3 and vista 32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-playing-sound-at-0-volume-turning-up-causing-interference.163276/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop, and for some reason the left volume is roughly 50% louder than the right.. so i have to adjust balance to get them to sound even, but doing that the total volume goes down and i want it on full volume! anyone know a fix for this? after googling i see there seems to be quite a few people with this problem who have a dell laptop...
also "I think" the problem is only there when the headphones are plugged in, not through the laptop speakers...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1555-volume-problem.162219/
Relevancy 34.83%

This will be my first time building a pc. Getting tired of prebuilts. I see a lot of people using the Intel I7 processor and was wondering if that was a good choice. The foremost thing I have no clue about is what motherboard to choose. I want to be able to run WoW, newer fps games, and (this sounds silly) Minecraft. I have just around $1000 to spend - more if I get a couple of things sold. I'd prefer an nVidia graphics card. Lastly, I plan on upgrading in the future. That's why I feel so confused on the motherboard. I'd like something functional now, so in the future I can tweak. Thanks.

A:Need a build around $1000

Are you planning to use any hardware from your current system: monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-build-around-1000.162048/
Relevancy 26.66%

A laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I adjust the volume with the taskbar slider, and even using the mixer to turn system volume to 100, it's never loud enough. Certain games are barely audible without headphones. It's never done this before.

A:Volume not loud enough

Did the sound output suddenly drop?

Have you tried this:

Go to Control Panel and select Sound. In the Sound box under playback check that speakers are set as the default device. Double left click on Speakers and then click on the Levels tab and check the position of the volume control, there may be room to increase it, just click on the volume control and drag it to a higher setting. Click on OK then OK again. Play something and see if it is any better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-not-loud-enough.160757/
Relevancy 21.5%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 26.23%

A few months ago I attempted to update the BIOS on my laptop in an attempt to fix some hardware errors, however when I did so I didn't have enough knowledge to know that doing it through windows was a decision I was later going to deeply regret the process crashed half way through leaving me with a corrupt BIOS chip.

The laptop turns on, the lights flash on the keyboard, and thats it, nothing on the screen, the computer turns on only. Is the BIOS chip something that is easily removable in a laptop? if so then the possibility of buying a new one to either repair the old one, or simply replace it, will still be an option....
However, if the BIOS chip is not removable... is there anything I can do to repair my BIOS? I dont get to any kind of boot screen so reflashing from any disk is impossible.

Thanks for any advice

A:Corrupt BIOS :(

On a desktop I've heard of a Boot-Block BIOS. his is small area of the BIOS that doesn't get overwritten when you flash a BIOS. The boot-block BIOS only has support for the floppy drive. If you have a PCI video card you won't see anything on the screen because the boot-block BIOS only supports an ISA video card. Once the PC boots using the Boot-Block, the old BIOS image is restored.

You could try out flashing the BIOS from a CD: http://www.bootdisk.com/flash.htm

You may also try taking out the battery and boot only with the power adapter connected. Don't think it will help, but worth a try.

If it doesn't work I suggest you contact the laptop manufacturer for details on what can be done in your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-bios.159972/
Relevancy 24.51%

I ll try to shorten this some I was having some problems that I determined were either caused by the hard drive corrupted WinXP Media Version or my RAM I ran MEM Test user paste Can't switch copy can't and and it failed so I replaced the RAM with one G Can't switch user can't copy and paste stick That solved several issues I still had an issue with switching users I had the computer set up for users with myself as the admin My partition is that what it s called works just fine but if I log into one of the other three it will not allow shutdown restart log off or change user It forces me to do a hard shutdown I decided that my OS may be corrupted so I took the opportunity to install a bigger faster HD and installed WinXP Pro The problem did not go away This doesn t make sense to me What else could cause this I also have a new problem Sometimes the copy and paste feature will just quit working It seems to copy but then the Paste will not quot light up quot when I right click in the program I want to use Could this be driver related nbsp

A:Can't switch user can't copy and paste

It's possible that the group policy is keeping the regular users from doing things like log off, or shutdown. You may want to check what the settings are or put all those users into a single group and give them the proper permissions to do whatever you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-switch-user-cant-copy-and-paste.159642/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone. After much googling and my own attempts, I'm still having difficulties with my mic. It works some of the time, and when it does it's super quiet although I have all the volume controls all the way up.

I own an Asus Eee Pc 1001p. It has Windows 7 Starter, Intel 82801 PCI Bridge 2448, and also the lovely Realtek HD software crap that seems awful from what I've read. The mic is built into the laptop.

I've turned up the volume, checked to make sure boost was on in just about every place: windows controls, skype controls, and realtek controls. The mic will work sometimes, but like I said it's pretty quiet when it does. And sometimes it doesn't even work at all.

Thank you for reading

A:Mic not working after checking all kinds of volume controls

Do you mean when you speak into the mike the sound that comes out is quiet, this sounds to me like it could be a sound card problem have a look in the device manager to see if there are problems devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mic-not-working-after-checking-all-kinds-of-volume-controls.159405/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello hello I m new to this site and well I ve never done research into computers before I game when I can but i kind of make due with what I have and I d like to your gaming pc. ~1000 Need for budget opinions! put an end ~1000 budget for gaming pc. Need your opinions! to that and buy something more for me I m going to a gaming school next term I will be using some demanding d programs for modeling as well as using it for gaming and then some more gaming My total budget is around dollars but I can manage or so I live in the U S Pennsylvania Will be moving to pittsburgh soon I m always busy so I do not have time to sit down and build a computer I wish I did More so than anything I d like to know what specs to look for in a computer above others So basically i m an artist who doesn t know the first thing about computers other than how to use them The game I plan on getting into when I move out is final fantasy if my new pc can at least run that smoothly on pretty high settings I ll be more than content The reason I came to this site is to maybe open my eyes a little bit and send me in the right direction to help me avoid spending too much or too little I wont expect someone to do research for me though that would be nice Some general computer brand models suggestions and your ideas on them would be awesome thank you ahead of time I m sorry if this is in the wrong section though it seems like the right one Im sorry I would like the price to include a monitor at the very least nbsp

A:~1000 budget for gaming pc. Need your opinions!

I'm always busy so I do not have time to sit down and build a computer. I wish I did. More so than anything I'd like to know what specs to look for in a computer above others.Click to expand...

Takes less than two hours first time off, from my experience. IMO well worth it, and much faster than any prebuil system under $1300 USD.

What size harddrive? What size monitor (also widescreen or no)? Would you like to include an OS/software/peripherals?

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C6LV4GK
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
ASUS VH232H Glossy Black 23" 5ms Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD Monitor w/Speakers & HDMI
GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Since you seem to pressed for time, I'll recommend the Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case case as a capable and affordable case, but you can pick whatever.

Total: ?$1000 USD

Also, anyone know how CUDA does for 3D modeling? Would it be better to go with a GTX460?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1000-budget-for-gaming-pc-need-your-opinions.155911/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey people i want to build a gaming PC So far i don t know to much about computers I need you guys to tell me what parts to buy and i got a friend who can help me put the stuff together My budget lies around - Include everything from BASE to i don t know xD I got monitor speakers mouse and stuff like that Also is it hard to build it I wish my computer can last for at least $1000-1400 PC, budget gaming building First time years Im prepared to blow all the CASH xD Also friend of mine told me AMD Phenom II X Black Edition and the i are good ones but idk which one to choose and don t see this questions as i HAVE to choose one of these Your free to suggest whatever processor you want Or should i rebuild the computer i have right now i can tell you the specs but idk how to First time building gaming PC, $1000-1400 budget get all of them Please include if there is any command or any program i can use to get my specs tell me so i can throw them in If u want me to add something just tell me ill be checking this thread alot when im not in school xD Thanks Finally figured out how to get all the specs xD ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So should i UPGRADE instead or build a new pc from scratch Computer Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION - - WTH it says trial but lol i kno myself it s xp cd RIGHT here xD Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX c Computer Name AMADI- A E D A User Name jeite Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Motherboard Name MSI MS- VP FSC OEM PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset VIA PT System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Qimonda T EU SB MB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Qimonda T EU SB TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type Award Communication Port Kommunikationsport COM Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce G MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce G Monitor BenQ T WA quot LCD Z nbsp

A:First time building gaming PC, $1000-1400 budget

First, how old is your old computer?

Second, what do you want to do with this new build, i.e. gaming, video editing, media, etc?

We're going to assume you'll be running Windows 7 64, correct?

* A number of regular posters here should step up in an hour or two and you'll get great advice. By the way, once you see how it is done building a PC really isn't that hard to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-building-gaming-pc-1000-1400-budget.154115/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was hoping I could get some suggestions on a nice gaming laptop for around 1,000$ a few hundred off in either direction is ok.
Thanks!

A:Looking to invest $1000 in a new laptop

In that price range you should look for an i5 (or equivalent) processor, 4GB of RAM and a AMD/ATI 5650 or NVidia 360M.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-invest-1000-in-a-new-laptop.153658/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-10009-dcom-was-unable-to-communicate-with-the-computer-computer-name.147932/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello A friend and I were casually talking about him getting a new PC that d be good for some of the up-and-coming games that we like to play SC and D whenever that is Anyway he just threw it out that there he wouldn t mind putting one together for less than k and I thought why not Purpose Gaming high quality to max settings for majority of Gaming sub-$1000 Build advice: up-and-coming games Budget Location Canada willing to buy online Old parts mouse keyboard monitor speakers OS don t have Cooling preferably nothing beyond what comes stock So what I came up with on the Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000 fly and I d like your advice on is this cooler master scout Corsair TX W PSU Phenom II x why s there no BE on NCIX OCZ MHz - - - x GB Memory Radeon not necessarily at ncix for that price Gigabyte MA T UD P Mobo Western Digital TB Black Windows OEM Any DVD ROM Comes to under Some thoughts to begin with I would have liked to throw in a quad core processor or core i CPU as well as a series GPU but the budget told me to stick with a dual core AMD and a cheaper graphics solution not sure if that s realy the right sacrifice but that s what i did PSU Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000 not sure how much wattage i need just pulled out Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000 of the air Case not sure what s really necessary but the Scout looks pretty cool I d really appreciate some your input on this one Thanks nbsp

A:Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000

Hi matchu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103652 99.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029 45.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128398 119.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277 109.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005 89.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150481&cm_re=hd_5830-_-14-150-481-_-Product 230.300
Western Digital 1TB Black @ $96
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129079 100.00
Windows 7 OEM @ $118
Any DVD ROM @ $30

This setup gets you a MB that has the 750 Southbridge that you need to unlock the disabled cores. The x3 720 can be had for around the same price, is a black edition, will give you a full Ghz OC, and has three cores even if the 4th core will not unlock, or is a dud. (important because more and more games are using 2+ cores). The 5830 is close to the 4870 in performance, but you get DX 11 for future considerations. The cpu is a BE for easier and more flexible OC'ing. I threw in there an after market cooler for OC'ing. The MB has a second PCIE slot for VGA upgrade if the mood strikes you Newegg CA would not connect when i tried it a few mins ago, so I will let you find them if you like it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-advice-gaming-sub-1000.146688/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a laptop with Windows Vista Premium on it One day when I went to turn it on I didn t load and instead took me to some sort of recovery console mode system volume Corrupt where I ran a repair utility Then I was able to boot into Vista but when I logged into my account it wasn t Corrupt system volume the same it said something about a quot temporary account quot I ran check disk and it said something about a corrupt system volume and check disk keeps hanging at The laptop is running very slow and the hardware makes strange noises Sometimes a very unpleasant scratching noise is made that lasts a few seconds When I login to my account I type in my password but all of my short cuts and settings are different but if I navigate through C I can find files I have saved on the desktop of my quot normal account quot When I bought the laptop it came with a recovery Corrupt system volume partition Also I backed everything up to an external hard disk using Norton Ghost Also I ve got the Windows Vista recovery disc What is the best course of action nbsp

A:Corrupt system volume

How old is your hard drive. This can happen when there are failure sites on the hard drive.
Usually, you can cold boot to the VISTA cd, then run a new install in Repair mode (not restore mode), and everything gets patched up... but the problem will happen again if the hard drive is going bad.

Or you could save all data, and try to run the VISTA recovery partition...

You can take out the drive to examine it for date... or you can run a download of Belarc Advisor that will give you an inventory of everything in the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-system-volume.149667/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Recently my PC a Dell Dimension E started having graphical problems The problem started when I had left my PC to make a drink when I returned to the PC the screen was in Powersave mode but when I moved the mouse and used the Keyboard it did not return to the Normal mode it stayed in Powersave at Corrupt safe Dell for in boot Dimension E520 screen and problems mode and the PC sounded Corrupt screen problems at boot and in safe mode for Dell Dimension E520 like it was still running at full speed The PC power button was non-responsive so I had to turn the PC off at the plug After booting up I noticed the screen was corrupt with lots of distorted multi coloured lines or blocks and random rows of symbols anyone of or a symbol I do not know how to type It would be like this all through boot and even in Safemode However when I get to Login the random symbols disappear but the lines remain making it almost impossible to use Once or twice at login the computer screen went back and locked in to Powersave Once at boot it came up with an error with a message stating a certain function was repeating itself so was closed but I cannot remeber the function and this has happened once out of odd boots I have tried searching for this problem online but I cannot seem to find an answer I have attached a picture of the problem at Boot PROBLEMS Streaky distorted multi-coloured lines at Boot and in Safemode Random lines of symbols and other unknown symbol at boot and safemode Streaky distorted lines persist at and after login Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou nbsp

A:Corrupt screen problems at boot and in safe mode for Dell Dimension E520

looks like your screen card has failed.

is your computer still under warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-screen-problems-at-boot-and-in-safe-mode-for-dell-dimension-e520.151868/
Relevancy 52.89%

I d posted in another part of techspot about a problem that it finally turned out was a slowly very slowly dying hard disk that I d had as my D drive for data and documents etc on an XP SP system gig memory Pentium GHz Not wanting to again be so vulnerable to losing my data I thought I d try a RAID configuration I went cheap yes in event viewer errors on copies RAID large and often a mistake I know with an Addonics ADSA PCI controller card that supported software RAID Once I got past the bad documentation - the installation guide started with the driver installation then the next step said quot do this part first if you re configuring RAID RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer quot and described a procedure where several things were to be installed BEFORE the card was - things never really got going smoothly I got RAID running and thought that for sake of ease I d just copy my data roughly gigs from the single drive that had it to the new RAID setup The old drive I had relettered to Q and the new array was D this was done before I configured RAID and formatted the new drives So I went to Q and selected all highlighting all top-level files and folders and their subcontents copied then went to D and pasted Every time I tried this within - minutes I d have a BSOD either a kernel stack or a kernel data inpage error The time it seemed to work best I d moved about gigs in some files So is that a problem with the RAID or with Windows and its copy function Obviously I don t typically copy that much data using copy and paste but I ve done it before without problems Ultimately I used an image of my data and restored that image onto D and all worked well And the computer has been stable now for almost hours since all this happened There ve been two exceptions One was that twice on restart XP has launched chkdsk on C my boot drive not the RAIDed data drive The first time this happened I d had to do a force restart after a lockup on a mass copy attempt so I could have accepted this becuase of the abnormal ending The second time though was after a smooth Windows restart that I did when installing some Windows updates a NET service pack that had been pushed to me after I had to install NET as part of the required RAID utility package that came with the controller card Since I m almost never asked to run chkdsk and when I am I usually understand why this bothers me The other is that I have gotten several event viewer errors related to the new RAID array A few were at a time when I had restarted Windows smooth and normal Windows restart and it went to the login screen fine and stayed that way overnight Others have occurred invisible to me when I m on the PC Here s the most recent one Event Type Error Event Source SiSRaid Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description The device Device Scsi SiSRaid did not respond within the timeout period For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f h c a Is this stuff normal Should I be worried Pre-RAID I d go weeks usually but often months with no errors ever in my event viewer nbsp

A:RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer

So I went to Q:\ and selected all (highlighting all top-level files and folders, and their subcontents), copied, then went to D:\ and pasted.Click to expand...

Ouch! The technique of copy/paste is more likely to cause issues than anything else, especially on large size transfers.

Empty the Raid target
Select the top-level-folders
drag-n-drop onto the Raid Drive letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-errors-on-large-copies-and-in-event-viewer.151764/
Relevancy 34.83%

BenQ G HDBL quot Widescreen LED Monitor http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid MO- -BQ TB Samsung HD SJ Spinpoint F http www scan co uk Products ss T -SATA- Gb-s- rpm- MB-Cache- -ms-NCQ-OEM Intel Core i GHz Nehalem Socket LGA http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CP- -IN amp tool MSI GeForce GTX Cyclone MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid GX- -MS amp groupid amp catid amp subcat OCZ ModXStream Pro w Silent SLI Certified Modular Power Supply http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CA- -OC amp tool Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R Intel X Socket DDR Motherboard http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid MB- -GI Samsung SH-B L RSBP x BluRay ROM x DVD RW Drive http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid CD- -SA OCZ Gold GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz http www overclockers co uk showproduct php Please me get 1000 this help PC under build prodid MY- -OC Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro http www overclockers co uk showproduct php prodid HS- -AR amp groupid amp catid amp subcat Logitech MK Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse - USB http www ebuyer com product Total is Can someone please help me get Please help me get this PC build under 1000 it down to around so I can buy a case and solid state drive What I require Fast gaming HD movie editing performance Good multitasking performance Bluray playback Good amount of storage Good HD audio with optical output nbsp

A:Please help me get this PC build under £1000

Here you go:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.80GHz - 155.09
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H AMD 890GX - 103.99
MSI GTX 460 Cyclone Overclocked Edition 1GB - 187.99
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz - 83.88
Corsair VX Series 550W - 69.31
Seagate Barracuda ST31000528AS 1TB - 49.30
Samsung SH-B083L 8x Internal Blu Ray Drive - 51.69
BenQ G2420HDBL 24" Widescreen LED Monitor - 152.74

TOTAL - 853.99

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-get-this-pc-build-under-%C2%A31000.150814/
Relevancy 33.97%

The solano 1000 is built so that the power supply is placed on the bottom. There is also a vent directly beneath it. Should I mount the corsair 650tx with the fan facing towards the bottom of the case or towards the top.

Thanks in advance.

A:Azza Solano 1000 + Corsair 650TX

The PSU fan should be facing the vent at the bottom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/azza-solano-1000-corsair-650tx.150756/
Relevancy 25.8%

Can someone explain to me what is going on with a hard drive because I can t explain it I had a pc with a GB hard drive which was full so decided to fit a GB drive I hard Corrupt drive installedit but before I turned on the pc I decided to disconnect the old drive I then formatted the new Corrupt hard drive drive and loaded windows Corrupt hard drive onto it I then reconnected up the old drive having checked jumper settings were correct and booted up the computer The BIOS detected both drives but once in windows the old drive was not shown in quot My Computer quot it was there in device manager and in quot disk management quot but was showing as offline and unformatted I then booted up from a cd with puppy linux on it and the small drive was not detected at all I am at a loss as to what has happened to the drive as all I have done is disconnect it and then connect it up again How do I get at the information on the old drive nbsp

A:Corrupt hard drive

Can you attach a screen capture .jpg file of what you're seeing in Disk Management?

Your problem might be that windows doesn't think your drive is formatted. (could be the filesystem is corrupt)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-hard-drive.149094/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have been trying to format and make bootable a 4GB flash drive to use to flash my bios but everytime I try to format the drive it tells me that I have a bad volume name. Can anyone please explain what is a volume name and how to apply the correct volume name to a device being formatted?

A:What is volume label and how to find the correct volume label?

Are you trying to Format the drive to FAT32?
What Brand of drive Lenovo or was it a pass out type?
While you're planning uses for the pen drive try Ubuntu 9.01 flash drive Bootable O/S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-volume-label-and-how-to-find-the-correct-volume-label.148598/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have Win vista ultimate
I would like to make an exact copy of my hard drive programs OS and all that I am using presently on another new hard drive laying around here for back up in case the drive I am using goes out. I understand anything after the point of this type of backup will not be on there.
IS there a cheap easy way to do this?
I hope to just pop another HDD in real quick if the one I am using now goes south on me.
Thanks for your time

A:I wish to have an exact copy of the hard drive

If the internal drive is Western Digital you can use a free version of Acronis True Image (tho IMHO it's well worth the $50 for the full product)

You can also use freeware EASUS Disk Copy to create a full disk image copy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-wish-to-have-an-exact-copy-of-the-hard-drive.146914/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi! I have a Toshiba T135 and I'm having a very dificult time with the sound system. THe speakers are set at the highest possible volume allowed but I still have trouble listening. THe sound comes out awfly low!
Does anyone know how to increase the volume or if I need to reconfigure something?
Thanks!

A:Low volume on Toshiba T135

Do you have a volume adjust knob on the side or front of the laptop? Have you tried using a set of earphones?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-volume-on-toshiba-t135.146518/
Relevancy 33.97%
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm looking for a simple software program that would allow me to boost the volume on my laptop.Something that would run in the background and could be easily switched on or off. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

A:Need more Volume on my HP laptop

Go out and buy a cheap pair of powered external PC speakers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-more-volume-on-my-hp-laptop.146020/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum but i really need your help.

Earlier today i experience 2 different BSOD erros at different times, and for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure what the reason is for either of them since i just reformatted earlier today. I have the dump file for each of the BSODs. It is attached.

Could anyone possibly tell me what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

A:BSODs - (driver is mismanaging system PTEs, page fault in non-paged area)

nothing attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-driver-is-mismanaging-system-ptes-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.144785/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone A few days ago on my Lenovo IBM T laptop Partition/MBR? Corrupt with Windows installed as an OS most of the applications on my PC stopped responding With a PC So I shut the laptop down When I booted it back up I didn t get the Windows start up animation Instead I recieved a screen telling me that Windows had failed to Corrupt Partition/MBR? start So I went to the recovery console Once there I went to the System Restore option When I went to select an OS it wasn t there I also didn t have a recent back-up file on hand so I whipped out my Ultimate Boot Disc and ran a check-disk It did find some bad blocks and repaired them Although when I restarted my PC and went back to the System Restore option in the recovery console my OS was back I also had a couple of restore points available BUT they were from Windows still won t start up either I thought it was an MBR problem but now I think it s a partition problem Anyway I need to know the best implementation or program I can use to solve this problem Thank you all Roxxas P S When I start it up the file it says it s missing is the tcpip sys file nbsp

A:Corrupt Partition/MBR?

P.S. When I start it up, the file it says it's missing, is the tcpip.sys file.Click to expand...

Probably because it is missing....if you have a disk, try to use the recovery console (I think you can still do that on windows7).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-partition-mbr.144621/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys I ran a won't Swissknife format corrupt, HDD External Believe full format on my external hard drive in enclosure using Swissknife but it popped up with a not responding message half way through Now when I run My Computer it lists the F hard drive but says it must be formatted however its a GB drive and I d like it in FAT Is there any software out there that will be able to recognise the hard drive format it and get it back operational I m not bothered about Believe External HDD corrupt, Swissknife won't format keeping files on it as I was trying to format it in the first place any help would be greatly appreciated thanks EDIT heres the log from Hard Drive Test Pilot - Hard Drive ScanDisk Pro v Report Error was found in this drive error Read Write Source Data Error was found in this drive error Read Data Error was found in this drive error Boot Write Read No errors were found in the file s of this drive nbsp

A:Believe External HDD corrupt, Swissknife won't format

ok guys, I formatted using windows to NTFS, then used swissknife to attempt to format to FAT32 again, seems to have worked... the HDD is recognisable etc.

I'm still curious though, does anyone know if the write errors I listed above will still be there just 'hidden'

I ask before I backup my data and find the hdd still has hidden problems xD

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/believe-external-hdd-corrupt-swissknife-wont-format.144082/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello all hope someone can help I got hold of a dell inspiron 1000 starting Dell problems Inspiron laptop from my friend that is in an good working condition The story goes At first I formated it using the recovery partition on the hidden partition Managed that ok Moving on I decided to install my own custom windows installation Managed that with no problems Got to downloading and installing Windows Updates and went to shut the laptop down but it asked me quot Did I want to install the updates first and then shutdown quot so I said yes and went out When I come back about an hour later the laptop was turned off obviously as I d expected but it wont turn on now When I go to turn it on from the power button it goes to start up Nothing on the screen or anything though And then it seems to make a quick spin down noise The only way to try turning it back on then is to remove the battery for a few seconds and try again but it just keeps doing the same thing I don t Dell Inspiron 1000 starting problems think it s the hard drive because it was working fine before the updates and I put my other laptop hdd in it and it still does the same thing Dell Inspiron 1000 starting problems I m thinking it might be the battery Maybe it has died completely Should I buy a new battery to find out Is it worth spending the money on such a thing for an old laptop like this Although it s still not bad and is running quite fast with the custom windows install it s running Just a pre-tweaked copy with no useless bells n whistles But I m thinking it might be that I ve searched Google for other quot dell inspiron wont start quot results and not found anything like this I am really hoping someone might be able to offer some assistance What could be the reason for it doing this It was a good working laptop before M put there updates on it nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1000 starting problems

Sorry misread it completely.

Edit:
Ray's comment seems plausible, also there may be something with motherboard as well. When you turn it on, do you hear any beep(s) ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1000-starting-problems.143164/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an HT Omega Striker 7.1 card... and recently I noticed when there's lots of sound happening at once (IE, I have music playing while also playing an FPS), the volume will dip by 30-50% for a split second. Like I said, it only happens when there's a lot of 'sound' happening at once, so could it be something to do with sound channels or some such? I haven't the first idea when it comes to sound cards. >.>

I have played with all settings in the driver, and none remedy this issue. My Creative Audigy 2 never had this problem and cost a third of the price. Arr!

A:Drop in Volume

driver..

did you try a newer version of Open AL?
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx
OR are there newer versions of the driver at the home of the card? Don't forget to delete the old driver version completely :approve:
http://www.htomega.com/downloads.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drop-in-volume.142916/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a eMachine T and the motherboard which was an AM burned up in it I bought a new powersupply and also a new setup New won't Windows files copy motherboard motherboard I could not New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files find an AM but found an AM L which the seller told me would work fine in my computer I have an AMD Athlon processor I completely formatted my harddrive and was prepared to install Windows XP Professional It went through New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files the process of examining my system When setup got ready to copy files it kept saying it couldn t copy most every file it tried to copy When the copy prtion was complete I New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files got the quot Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration Information This indicates an internal Setup error Contact your system administrator quot The motherboard is showing ram in both and locations and showing all other hardware that is installed Why am I getting this error Is this motherboard not compatible with Windows XP is there a setup I gotta do to the motherboard before I install XP nbsp

A:New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files

does the windows cd have scratches, if it does that's your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-wont-windows-setup-copy-files.142746/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey ya ll I m new here amp was hoping someone could help me I just bought a new computer a couple weeks ago--it has Windows amp Realtek High Definition Audio Everytime I try to listen to very it full though volume even up low, have Sound something whether it be music I ve downloaded to my computer OR a sound on a website it is VERY LOW I have checked all of my sound settings amp each one is turned up to as far as they ll go If I want to listen to it I actually have to pick up one of the speakers amp hold it to my ear so I can hear it From there I m lost on what to do Can someone please Sound very low, even though have it up full volume help me I read a few posts amp none of them seemed to have the same problem but I may ve not read the right one I m sorry for the inconvenience if it s already been posted Thank you for taking the time to read this God bless Trisha nbsp

A:Sound very low, even though have it up full volume

Can you please give detailed specs/model etc. of your PC to start with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-very-low-even-though-have-it-up-full-volume.142292/
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok so here is the deal its really quite simple it Corrupt Drive Hard External seems that the external hard drive forgot what its system was When I check all my hard drive say FAT or NTFS when I check this one doesn t have anything written down at all the column for Corrupt External Hard Drive its file system is just blank I ran stellar phoenix and it basically said it was either to corrupt or invalid I m not really sure what i should be doing should I format it and then run a file recovery software and hope for the best or is there any way to remind it of what its file system was before the issue It happened after a friend of mine connected it to a Wii Also under properties it says its RAW Apparently alot of hard drive have been forgettin their size and it might of happened to this one since its GB but properties registers it as bytes which was what i was hoping was the issue but when i ran HDD capacity Restore which i believe is the correct program for the drive just didn t show nbsp

A:Corrupt External Hard Drive

hopefully there is nothing important on it, I would reformat it completely. First run the disk check utility on it though, make sure you have it checked to fix corrupted blocks. If check disk doesn't find anything format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-external-hard-drive.142516/
Relevancy 24.94%

Is there a way to boot up an xp pc into dos with access to all drives (c, d & sata drive) so I can copy files between drives?

A:XP boot cd to copy files

Yes.
Tap the F8 key at boot time.
Select "Command Prompt" from the menu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-boot-cd-to-copy-files.142156/