Windows Support Forum

Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

Q: Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn?t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can?t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn?t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-u2713h-error-settings-cant-be-saved.207032/
Relevancy 88.58%

I do not sleep or hibernate my computer However I do have it go into standby turning off both my monitors after minutes until I next use mouse keyboard The screensaver starts after minutes and then minutes later PC goes into standby mode Problem I am having is that about once every weeks or so the computer goes into standby and my secondary HP monitor goes into standby but my primary Dell monitor remains on with Remaining Dell mode PC When enters ON Standby/PowerSave Monitor U2713H a grey screen Problem is intermittent Have a HDMI cable to HP monitor and mini displayport cable to Dell monitor Recently replaced the displayport cable that the Dell Monitor came with with a high quality Accell displayport cable that is certified This did not solve problem When problem happens I simply turn Dell U2713H Monitor Remaining ON When PC enters Standby/PowerSave mode off the Dell monitor and then back on again it then goes into standby as it should as in standby no signal from graphics card Dell U2713H Monitor Remaining ON When PC enters Standby/PowerSave mode Also after this happens my monitor screens look washed out as if gamma or brightness are excessive A restart sorts that out Am running a Nvidia Asus GTX graphic card and other that this occassional glitch all is well with my PC Have the latest drivers installed for the Dell monitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401925-dell-u2713h-monitor-remaining-when-pc-enters-standby-powersave-mode.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,
I am an owner of a Dell XPS17 L702x (i7-2630QM & GT 555M) laptop, with internal monitor resolution set at 1920x1080.
I am planning to purchase a Dell U2713H to use as an external monitor.
I would like to ask if the XPS17 L702x support the monitor at the highest resolution (2560x1440) and refresh rate (60Hz) without any problems, through a miniDP to DP v1.2 (displayport) cable.
Thank you

A:Dell XPS17 (L702x) with Dell U2713H at maximum resolution ([email protected])

Did it work?
I have the same question. I would like to buy a 2560x1440 monitor, but I want to know if it works before I buy!

Thanx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19607487
Relevancy 74.39%

My wife and I own our own rigs and hers is set up as a media center type machine as well where she has her own monitor and we have a Sanyo LCD TV attached as a second monitor. The television happens to be oriented to the left of the primary display which isn't a problem to set up, but when we restart the machine or change the inputs on the television, her machine completely freaks and changes the settings... most of the time it'll go back to just cloning and making the TV pirmary, but sometimes it just makes the TV primary and extends the display. This last time Catalyst showed THREE monitors. Anyone know how to save the settings or know of an alternative program that can do it better than Catalyst (even though its not recommended)?

Her rig:
Vista Ultimate (x64) SP1
AMD Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8gHz
ATI RADEON X1650PRO 512 mb 128-bit GDDR2
1GB RAM

Relevancy 74.39%

Having just installed Vista Ultimate on my laptop I have now set-up dual monitors with my main monitor to the left of my laptop (the laptop sits on a shelf to the right of my main monitor)… setting up the dual monitor system was easy, using the mobility center to specify the main monitor is on the left… and then using display properties to finalize the settings.

All works well, except that every time I reboot the computer I have to reset the settings, they do not save… my question therefore is this, is there a way to ensure Vista saves these settings?

Relevancy 70.09%

Dell U2713H monitor
Mac OS 10.6.8
Macbook Pro 5,3
Connected via mini display port if that matters

When in applications where the lighting is frequently changing, such as a game or movie, the screen will brighten up or darken (more like go red and dark blue) numerous times over and over trying to compensate. Very difficult to look at. Not sure if a setting issue on the monitor, in the OS, or just the type of connection I am using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-color-temperature-keeps-changing-automatically-on-dell-u2713h.1096418/
Relevancy 66.65%

I saved networks/ error any do find settings not Can't match just moved into a new apartment and had a linksys router put it and one of my roomates put a password on it and all that so at first my computer found it but we ran into some problems with it and had to change some things and now my computer decided Can't find any networks/ settings saved do not match error that it wants to give me the quot settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network quot message and it has an X next to the network He still activly is connected to it and has no problems at all I tried to follow some instruction tips I found on here but after about an hour my computer can no longer find any networks for me to even choose I noticed a few days prior to moving that Can't find any networks/ settings saved do not match error on my taskbar it no longer has the wifi icon where I was able to quickly access my options I m not well up to par with what s what on Can't find any networks/ settings saved do not match error here so I apologize in advance if I m slow on how to follow the instructions Please help it s fairly difficult to do all of this and work over my iPhone nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I just pulled my Dell SP2208WFP out of the box today and sweet mother the default settings are horrendous. I might as well be tripping on acid the way the screen looks.

Can anyone who uses this monitor with their Mac please provide me with all of the custom settings you use on the monitor to make it look decent? This would include RGB values, brightness, contrast, sharpness, input color format (-RGB or YPbPr+ (which is the default)), etc.

I am connected via an HDMI/DVI-D cable and I did not install any software or drivers.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-someone-with-a-dell-sp2208wfp-monitor-i-need-settings.713946/
Relevancy 62.35%

Each time I set my monitor to power down after 15 minutes of being idle it works fine but when I re-boot, the settings return to "never switch off" and I have to re-set it. This is becoming a pain so can anyone assist?

many thanks

Jooools

A:Saved Settings not Saved on Re-start

What Sp r u using?? R U getting stanby and hibernate option?? Get device manger for ! marks and ? Marks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/saved-settings-not-saved-on-re-start-109319.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I don t know if this is a hardware or a Vista problem but here it goes I m aware there is one other thread somewhat similar but it doesn t address the same problem I use my mainly with an external LCD monitor - ViewSonic VA wb I keep setting the display setting for the external monitor as the main monitor with a resolution of x This worked well with my Vaio under windows XP With the XPS running Vista each time I boot up the settings revert back to x and the image on the external monitor is way off to the right leaving a m1330 Dell won't settings hold w monitor Vista XPS black bar on the left I ve tried everything but haven t found Dell XPS m1330 w Vista won't hold monitor settings a way to lock the settings Any suggestions or where to go for help would be most appreciated It s not a huge problem just an annoyance since I always have to go through - gt Control Panel gt Personalize gt Display Settings each time I boot or re-start By the way the Dell has an NVIDIA GeForce M DS card with MB video memory nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I am temporarily trying to use an old HP Pavillion Monitor which was on a windows 95 system on a pieced together Dell System running windows XP, it begins to load as if everything is fine, then the self diagnosis alert comes up asking if the display settings on PC are correct.. Before I can input any information, the screen goes gray and of course won't accept any information at all. Can someone help me with this ? We are in a very small / remote town and need this until we can replace it. if this is just incompatible, can anyone tell me if the monitor we were using Dell 2007WFP(b) can be replaced with a Dell S 2009 W - what changes would be necessary ? Thank you for your assistance.

A:trying to use a HP win95 monitor on a Dell winXP system settings msj. goes gray

Any VGA monitor should work it doesn't need to be a Dell. The monitors Default resolution may be too low for XP, when Windows tries to correct it, to a higher Resolution, the monitor fails. Try booting into Safe Mode and use the monitor controls on the front of the monitor to see if you can change the default resolution to something higher. Then boot into Normal Mode, Right click a blank spot on the Desktop./Properties/Screen Resolution and try pushing the bar to the right.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-to-use-a-hp-win95-monitor-on-a-dell-winxp-system-settings-msj-goes-gray-389141.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I want to adjust in the first instance the brightness and contrast controls by using the buttons on the front panel. No way can I either move from one adjustment to the other, nor can I operate the up/down arrows to alter the brightness and contract settings. Dell talks of using the OSD menu ( presumably accessed by the front screen buttons) but again 'no luck', so I can't do any tests they want done.

I'm utterly stumped. Anyone able or willing to help? Please!

A:Monitor Dell ST2210: I cannot adjust settings with front panel buttons

How are you connecting the monitor? VGA? DVI? HDMI? Looking at the manual the adjustments seem to be only for VGA.

I have a couple of monitors (an ACER and a Viewsonic) and with DVI interface the "on the monitor" controls do not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/331497-monitor-dell-st2210-i-cannot-adjust-settings-front-panel-buttons.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell M precision laptop that has DELL monitor hooked up to it so that it is in a dual monitor configuration with the laptop Everytime I undock or reboot or power down the Keep losing M6500 Dell monitor dual Laptop Precision settings, laptop or take the laptop out of the docking station the laptop Keep losing dual monitor settings, Dell M6500 Precision Laptop would always forget it s dual monitor settings and clone my other monitor rather than keep the quot extend the desktop quot settings After I check I can confirm that the laptop always unchecks the Extend my monitor unto this laptop checkbox automatically The laptop also seems to reverse and move my icons around the screen and I would have to manually move them all back again This is frustrating to have to keep doing Keep losing dual monitor settings, Dell M6500 Precision Laptop this and moving my icons back to their original location as well Keep losing dual monitor settings, Dell M6500 Precision Laptop as redo the dual monitor settings again every morning I read that a lot of people think it can be a drive problem but I did download the latest drivers from DELL s site and tried both the ISV and the latest driver version to no avail for the nvidia driver http support dell com support dow abIndex amp scanSupported True amp scanConsent False I also tried reinstalling the drivers but that did not help Does anyone know how I can make the dual monitor settings stick permanently Again I am using a Dell Precision M laptop with docking station and standard DELL flat screen monitor in a dual monitor configuration Does someone have a more recent driver perhaps or is there some setting that can fix this Thanks nbsp

A:Keep losing dual monitor settings, Dell M6500 Precision Laptop

I forgot to mention the OS is Windows XP not windows 7. Anyone have any ideas or things that I can try? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-dual-monitor-settings-dell-m6500-precision-laptop.967104/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello i Have the above problem while I try to share a printer on a domain network.
My windows firewall (localy) is also damage, is that the problem that I have to solve first?

Windows 8  - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties  [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved.  There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.   [OK]

A:Windows 8 - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. [OK]

You may need to reinstall the printer. Remove the printer driver from Control Panel\Programs and Features, then add the printer from Devices and Printers.

Please note that if the printer driver is not in the list in Devices and Printers, I suspect that the printer is currently not compatible with Windows 8. In this case I suggest you contact the printer manfuacturer for more information.
Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c50023fb-6450-40ee-8239-5ab532f29b7d/windows-8-cannot-share-a-printer-error-message-appears-quotwindow-title-printer-properties?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

i downloaded windows 2000. later on i had a problem with the *ups*,it wasnt configured right and i couldnt get back in my computer .i finally got back in by pressing the space bar,and clicked *go to my best last known configuration*.i was able to get back on with my administrator name,but when i go in as a user or power user,it doesnt seem to save my settings. evrytime i go back in as a user i have to redo everything including,my hookup through my connection and mail and basically everything.i have checked everything in my security settings to give permission to user or other,but it all looks right. how do i fix this?. how do i save the settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/settings-not-saved.140747/
Relevancy 55.47%

In NVIDIA Control Panel, when I select my settings and click apply every things is OK. The next time I reboot they change. Why are they not being saved?

A:Settings not saved

This on newest version 361.43 ?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/35460-settings-not-saved.html
Relevancy 55.47%

a friend has told me she has the following problem:

whenever she shuts computer down, her desktop is not being saved...
also she is repeatedly asked (everytime she starts computer) to reregister outlook express, and msn messenger...
express asks for all the dialup info....

seems nothing is being saved...any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/settings-not-being-saved.161738/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok so I was trying to help out business near where I work They have a a really old tower and just recently the CRT monitor (I settings! not display of out message error range Monitor think) - they were using had Monitor error message out of range - not display settings! (I think) a the green on light on it but the screen was completely blank I lent them a flat screen monitor thinking maybe the monitor had had it This time I got the start up stuff - american megatrends etc but when it started booting windows just before it displays the desktop it says out of range I managed to get into safe mode to change resolution etc but there was no option for changing refresh rate it was greyed out and set as default didnt say what number What could be causing this So the CRT monitor wouldnt display anything at all The flatscreen gave error message just before displaying the desktop Is it display settings Is it the graphics card I told them I can t fix it unless I ve got a spare graphics card to replace theirs with and their mobo doesn t have a monitor out built in I could easily wipe it and reinstall windows good idea for this year old computer anyway but I don t think this is the real problem I ve lent them a tower in the mean time to tide them over Any ideas on this Cheers nbsp

A:Monitor error message out of range - not display settings! (I think)

Possibly the graphics card or the power supply could be going south.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-error-message-out-of-range-not-display-settings-i-think.156361/
Relevancy 54.61%

After considerable fiddling I did succeed in configuring a new dial-up connection, and having it log in automatically.

However, in INTERNET OPTIONS|CONNECTIONS|SETTINGS, the name and password do not appear. And if entered there, they do not stick. Reopen the dialog box and those fields are blank. ???

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/8055-dial-up-settings-not-saved.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is there a way to see what those 10 hexadecimal characters are? I'm about to reinstall windows and I can't find this WEP key for this wireless signal.

A:I have this WEP saved in my wireless settings.

It would probably be your phone number, that is I am assuming you're trying not to hijack someone else's connection and connecting to your own. Other then that, they are not hexadecimal, because it's a password it is supposed to be private so no there is no way of seeing it. If you are trying to connect to your own signal, and you forgot your password, you can contact your ISP and get them to reset the password.
Sometimes you don't even need to enter a password, but you can also try disabling WEP encryption on your connection settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-have-this-wep-saved-in-my-wireless-settings-385240.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My desktop settings are not being saved. I can turn off auto arrange and arrange the icons to my liking but when I reboot they are arranged on the left of the screen. Same goes for Quick Launch. I can turn it on and it's there but when I reboot it's gone.

Any help would be appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

Relevancy 54.61%

HI,

I am having problems when I try and apply my Printer to be shared in windows 7 I get error message saying that printer settings could not be saved. 0x000006d9. I have reinstalled the drivers and rebooted the pc and I am logged on as an Admin but it still wont work.

I am using Windows 7 Build 7100.

Any ideas on how I can fix this annoying problem.

Thanks

A:Printer settings could not be saved

Hi wizkid,

What method are you using to share the printer? I ask this just so I can get a picture built in my head

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17385-printer-settings-could-not-saved.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I had to reinstall Windows. I did so from a disk that had IE7. Ilaunched IE7 and was unable to save the settings. I went ahead and downloaded all updates for XP and installed them. I still got the same message. I decided to just download and install IE8 and did so. I also downloaded all updates after installing it. I still get the same message.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

A:Settings were not able to be saved successfully

The problem is caused by a non-Microsoft product. Do as this URL instructs to solve:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/settings-were-not-able-to-be-saved-successfully-487450.html
Relevancy 54.61%

About two weeks ago Windows -bit stopped remembering my preferred Performance Settings My Computer gt Properties gt Saved Settings Performance Being Not Advanced System Settings gt Performance Settings For example I Performance Settings Not Being Saved want to enable quot Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing quot I can check this option in the Performance settings but the duration that Windows will remember this setting is arbitrary Sometimes the setting will be kept until the next time I reboot but at other times the setting will only be in effect for a random length of time - minutes to hours - before it reverts to being disabled I cannot determine any specific set of circumstances that might be causing this I have tried to gain ownership of the key located here in the Registry HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer VisualEffects AnimateMinMax thinking that there may be a permissions problem but I had no success I can't take ownership of the key nor can I change its permissions I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered Thanks

A:Performance Settings Not Being Saved

It sounds to me like your not Admin of the PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/96999-performance-settings-not-being-saved.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi there,

I have noticed that when i change things on my desktop, for e.g, arranged icons in certain manner or change the window size of a music folder and place to to the left of the desktop it never save these settings after i log in again at a later point. (im logging off/shuting down normally and not just restarting the machine after these changes).

how can i make it save these personalised changes.
i'm loggin in as admin (with passowrd). using WinXp pro.
thanks.

A:Personalised settings not being saved !

EDD32

Open Regedit. Backup the registry. Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer.

Create a new DWORD and name it NoSaveSettings. Give it a Value Data of zero.

Exit the Registry. Reboot.

See if this makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/personalised-settings-not-being-saved.217610/
Relevancy 54.61%

My desktop settings are not being saved. I can turn off auto arrange and arrange the icons to my liking but when I reboot they are arranged on the left of the screen. Same goes for Quick Launch. I can turn it on and it's there but when I reboot it's gone.

Any help would be appreciated. It's driving me nuts.

A:Desktop settings not saved

Hi arat, welcome to TSF...

please try the attached registry tweak as it may help fix the problem. Just unzip it and double click it to merge with your registry then reboot. After you have rebooted, set your desktop and quick launch as you want them to be then reboot again.

Post back if that helps or not...if it doesn't, it may be best to create a new profile.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-settings-not-saved-139460.html
Relevancy 54.18%

in the next week or so the last time was years in xp i intend to re-partition amp re-format my c drive and run a clean installation for w for the first time at the moment i'm saving what needs to be saved and collecting the various drivers etc for the motherboard up till now the only thing that i find tedious is having to go through the process of checking each of the half dozen or so commands within the odd individual icons sitting in control panel from be can panel settings saved? control time to time i've googled my question is it possible for all the different settings within control panel to be saved so that they can all be easily transferred to the 'new' control panel following can control panel settings be saved? a successful windows re-installation but i've never managed to spot the answer i've been looking for perhaps it can't be done though i'd can control panel settings be saved? be very surprised if it couldn't in this so-called modern age to my mind each of the numerous settings within control panel have to be stored somewhere i was thinking of control exe perhaps but if that were the case i would have thought the date would have updated at each save but it's remained static since - - years before i bought w perhaps it's too simplistic to think that i could just copy control exe to a flash drive or similar do the installation then drag amp drop the same exe file back into its original now new folder which would overwrite the default settings in the new file so i'd like to leave my question above open to the forum please in the hope i can save myself ages of re-setting cp controls if anyone can help on this it would be much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385417-can-control-panel-settings-saved.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I need to programatically change settings for the Photo Screensaver The registry keys used in Windows Vista no longer apply in Windows I tried using a folder with nbsp an uncommon folder name to point the Photo Screensaver to so that settings saved? Screensaver Where Photo are it would be Where are Photo Screensaver settings saved? easier to find in the registry When I do a registry search the folder name cannot be found Maybe this is kept in a settings file somewhere instead of the registry We use a custom photo deck for our screensaver and it hasn't worked well to put it in the Pictures folder You'll end up displaying personal photos along with the custom photos I have been making a folder in Program Files and pointing the screensaver there The settings nbsp I would like to be able to change are Use pictures from you browse to the folder that contains your photos Slide show speed change the transition speed of the photos Shuffle pictures I would like to be able to check this box so the photos display randomly If anyone knows where to find these settings it would be greatly appreciated if you could share the location of these settings Thanks Rob

A:Where are Photo Screensaver settings saved?

Here:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Slideshow\ScreensaverIn three different values namely EncryptedPIDL, Speed & Shuffle.The folder path is stored in an encrypted form such as below:FAAfUOBP0CDqOmkQotgIACswMJ0ZAC9EOlwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUAAxAAAAAABIPOZmEABCYWNrdXAAADoACAAEAO++OzzobEg85mYqAAAAliIAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEIAYQBjAGsAdQBwAAAAFgBGADEAAAAAAEc8R1EQAEltZwA0AAgABADvvjs8YzVHPEdRKgAAAKQiAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABJAG0AZwAAABIAAAA=Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2e0aa2b5-6256-4b05-9ef7-3d3904438fbb/where-are-photo-screensaver-settings-saved?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Bit of a strange one here and I ve trawled the microsoft knowledge base before posting to no avail problem after installing sp xp pro the display settings for my primary monitor do not get saved and are reset on the next reboot parameters which are affected are as follows refresh rates reset from Hz to Hz screen resolution reset to x taskbar moves to secondary display all icons appear on xp after settings sp2 display upgrade to not saved pro primary display I have tried a reinstalling the latest drivers from ati b using the reg tweak from http www kellys-korner-xp com xp tweaks htm line c clean install of xp pro no joy system spec p EE Gb RAM x Gb SATA sapphire radeon pro Mb asus p c MOBO ralink g wireless card x quot monitors multi card reader OS obviously XP pro System was fine before sp went on there and I was heartily advised display settings not saved after upgrade to sp2 xp pro to install it by an IT proffessional mate of mine but it looks like display settings not saved after upgrade to sp2 xp pro I ll have to roll it back display settings not saved after upgrade to sp2 xp pro and be carefull while surfing I d be most grateful for any assistance cheers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-settings-not-saved-after-upgrade-to-sp2-xp-pro.276584/
Relevancy 54.18%

When I change the display view to large icons for example and I come back and it is reset to details view
It doesn't save my settings it's really frustrating

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386099-folder-view-settings-not-saved.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, all...

I'm having a strange problem...
My windows settings, such as my taskbar position, toolbars....etc. aren't being saved...

I have all the latest updates, for everything, I run winXP (home), Graphics: Intel 8485G/GL/GE/PE/GV.

I've also run a virus scan (Avast!), and adware/spyware scans ( Both Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware), returned no results.

I am also an administrator, incidentally, this problem is only on my user account... as the other 2 user accounts register changes just fine.

Any and all help, or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A:Windows Explorer Settings not being saved....

delete these registry keys (they will be recreated on rebooting) and your settings should stay put for you.

HKCU_ software\microsoft\windows\shellnoroam\bagmru

and the one next to it
HKCU _software\microsoft\windows\shellnoroam\bags
delete both and reboot, test your settings.

These are where all your personal touches are saved but are notorious for failing in their duty, deleting them forces a recreate next boot with default values, now changes you make will stick thereafter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-settings-not-being-saved-10283.html
Relevancy 54.18%

This started today and so far I have only detected it with my IRC client I have normally all the pop-up notification settings turned off for this software However ever since today Windows has been turning the notifications back on and it doesn't seem to save my preferences when I go turn the settings off If I close and restart the software the notifications are in use again I have also disabled the notifications form the software itself but Windows seems to override this setting one way or another This is super frustrating and I don't want to reinstall the IRC client because I would lose way too many settings etc and fixing it back to suit my preferences would be too time-consuming and therefore the very last option Has anyone faced similar bug lately or is this just my luck I am pretty sure I installed this notification get Windows 10 pop-up saved? don't settings update yesterday and now I'm just wondering if that might've messed up the notification settings

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40033-windows-10-pop-up-notification-settings-dont-get-saved.html
Relevancy 54.18%

This started don't get 10 saved? Windows notification pop-up settings today and so far I have only detected it with my IRC client I Windows 10 pop-up notification settings don't get saved? have normally all the pop-up notification settings turned off for this software However ever since today Windows has been turning the notifications back on and it doesn't seem to save my preferences when I go turn the settings off If I close and restart the software the notifications are in use again I have also disabled the notifications form the software itself but Windows seems to override this setting one way or another Windows 10 pop-up notification settings don't get saved? This is super frustrating and I don't want to reinstall the IRC client because I would lose way too many settings etc and fixing it back to suit my preferences would be too time-consuming and therefore the very last option Has anyone faced similar bug lately or is this just my luck I am pretty sure I Windows 10 pop-up notification settings don't get saved? installed this update yesterday and now I'm just wondering if that might've messed up the notification settings

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/40033-windows-10-pop-up-notification-settings-dont-get-saved.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Open a folder. Go to the tools menu, then go to the view menu.

One of the boxes down on the list, says Remember Each folders View settings.
I have that checked.

HOWEVER, after I shut off the computer, and sometimes after I have ran any number of programs, all my folders reset to Icon view. Something is wrong with the system as it is not saving each folders view setting. Could this be due to a virus, or a corrupt entry in the registery file?

Any help appreacated..

A:xp folder view settings not being saved

It could be due to a virus, but most likely Windows files have become corrupt, or deleted accidentally. This issue usually refers to the explorer.exe file in C:\Windows.

If that file is corrupt, then you can do either of the following:

(only do number 2 if number 1 did not work)

1. CHKDSK:

TO RUN A CHKDSK:

1.Click the Start Button
2.Type cmd.exe
3.At the command prompt type chkdsk /f
4.If the prompt asks you to schedule at system restart hit 'y' on keyboard and hit enter.
5.Restart computer
6.Windows will fix all disk errors.

*NOTE* This may not solve the problem in all cases.

2. SFC /SCANNOW:

To run a sfc /scannow:

1. Gather you OS installation disc
2. Start --> run --> type sfc /scannow
3. When Windows asks for the OS install disc, intsert it and select retry
4. When complete, Windows has fixed and restored any missing or corrupt files from the installation CD-ROM
5. Reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-folder-view-settings-not-being-saved.472809/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I just did a windows update to XP SP3. After I installed XP SP3, and when I restarted my computer, the taskbar settings wont get saved.

I tried many things.

I tried using Kelly's TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.exe. ... it didnt work

I also tried some vbs and reg files from Kelly's site, but it didnt work.

Went inside the registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\explorer and deleted the "NoSaveSettings" key. Then recreated it and rebooted. It still doesnt work.

Any solutions ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-settings-dont-get-saved.968265/
Relevancy 54.18%

When logging in a client of mine receives this error. "Dell 922 Button Monitor Error". He is given the option to send an error report, don't send or debug. The debug option does not fix the error. He has a Dell 922 All in One printer attatched to his p.c. I uninstalled the device, restarted and the error appeared, even with the device not installed on the p.c. I reinstalled the device, and of course the error occurred. The error message appears at login and seems to have no ill-effects on the functionality of the p.c. Just an annoyance.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this error message before and has a fix.

Thanks,

Andy

A:Dell 922 Button Monitor Error

Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a shot!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/30222/dell-922-button-monitor-error/
Relevancy 53.75%

I lower microphone volume to zero and mute it as seen on the screenshot. These settings are saved after I shutdown my laptop.

However when I reboot or make a full shutdown the microphone gets unmuted and its volume is being set to overall speaker volume. Why these settings keep resetting after reboot?

A:Mixer volume settings are not saved after reboot

Check other programs, such as Skype, that are in the startup. One of them may be unmuting it.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/72831-mixer-volume-settings-not-saved-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My hard drive had a bad block I purchased a new one cloned the old one and took the computer to a this and Win7 saved Activations way? Settings Can be Reinstall: tech shop to have the new drive installed and everything transferred over To make the clone I used AOMEI Backupper which puts the Win7 Reinstall: Can Activations and Settings be saved this way? MBR in one partition and everything else on the Win7 Reinstall: Can Activations and Settings be saved this way? other -- At least that is how I understand it and Win7 Reinstall: Can Activations and Settings be saved this way? I saw the partitions Techman called me the next day to say he had installed the new drive BUT the clone had failed to backup the MBR and so he would have to do a clean install of Windows He further said that everything else on the clone was intact but I would have to reinstall all of my applications Without going into details I will simply say that I told him not to do anything else that I would come and get the computer Upwards of applications were installed all requiring activations all customized to my specifications My most needed app may cost me for a new activation and based on past experience take me at least a week to get up and running Now to my questions Would it work to copy from the clone all the programs files etc over to the new drive and then restore the registry from the Erunt Registry backup I ran just before disaster struck Would that restore my activations and my settings

A:Win7 Reinstall: Can Activations and Settings be saved this way?

Please run chkdsk /r

Chkdsk /r checks for bad sectors on the HDD and recovers any readable information.

Attention:  If this is a SSD do not run the /r switch, instead run chkdsk /f.

Click on the Start orb , then type in cmd in the Search programs and files box.  When cmd is seen in Programs above the Search box right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

You will see a screen similar to the one below.

Copy and paste chkdsk /r in the command prompt, then press Enter.  Please note:   

You will receive the message "CHKDSK cannot be run because it is in use by another process.  Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts?  <Y/N>".

Type in Y and press Enter.

Restart your computer to start the scan.

This will take a while to run, please be patient and allow it to complete the scan.

When the scan is finished please download and run ListChkdskResult.

This will open Notepad with the results of the chkdsk scan.  Please copy and then paste this log in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616865/win7-reinstall-can-activations-and-settings-be-saved-this-way/
Relevancy 53.75%

I am running Windows 8.1 64bits.
Since some time I face two problems which seem to be linked.
1/ When I change the view settings for a folder, they are not saved after I close the folder window.
2/ When I change the size and position of the folder window, those are not saved after I close the window.
I am sure this used to work properly, but I cannot remember which event may have created this issue.
Can someone help ?
Thank you in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/66112-windows-8-1-folder-view-settings-not-saved.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, Everyone

Windows 8.1 Each folder view settings not saved what i can do.I

want different view settings in each folder likes folder 1 i want large thumbnails & folder 2 small
What i can do to resolve the issue thanks in advanced.

A:windows 8.1 folder view settings not saved

Hello Sachin, and welcome to Eight Forums.

If this is in a library and not a folder, then all added folders will share the same folder view in the library.

You might see if resetting all folder views back to default may help.

Folder View Settings - Reset to Default in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/51386-windows-8-1-folder-view-settings-not-saved.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Guys!

Some one of you allready expierienced that settings he made for some System tray icons are not saved?

I have the problem that my program is shown there but i can't set it to "Show Icon and Notification". Every time i close the program and open it again, the settings are the default "Only show notifications".

Is there a work around to force this? And NO i don't want to check the options "Always show all Icons and notifications on the taskbar"

Need your help

A:Notification Area Icons settings are not saved

what program is it? admin account? have you went into the program/options to see if there are other options set or checked for the program, and its actions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4149-notification-area-icons-settings-not-saved.html
Relevancy 53.75%

When I set my computer to go to sleep in two hours and set it to not require a password when waking up the settings won't stay saved and revert back to original settings. Is this just another glitch that you have to live with or is there a work around?

A:Password and sleep settings won't stay saved

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to gather clues, report back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307730-password-sleep-settings-wont-stay-saved.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Recently the of my familys laptops have not been able to get onto the internet It all started when I configured my dads windows xp laptop onto the system after I had done this the vista laptops lost internet connection when match settings the the the for saved this do on computer requirements the network of I tried to reconnect them a message would appear next to the signal bar telling me quot the settings saved on this computer for the network do match the requirements of the network vista quot I managed to get rid of this message on them by deleting that wireless profile on the laptops but now every time I got to connect the routers wireless light begins to flash orange and then does not connect The router is a Belkin N series My sisters windows laptop is still able to connect but the vista ones will not my dads exp laptop is also still able to connect I would really like someone to help me with this problem and the problem needs to be fixed urgently because of exams I have comming up next week Please can someone help nbsp

A:the settings saved on this computer for the network do match the requirements of the

Hi:See if this M/S link helps any.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...g/thread/a0e8cb69-89cb-43c4-b873-c613bb16a983

And this link from TSG.

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/594798-network-settings.html

And maybe this one :
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-networking-sharing/83458-connecting-network.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-settings-saved-on-this-computer-for-the-network-do-match-the-requirements-of-the.928154/
Relevancy 52.89%

So i am going to Reset my PC cause of different issues, and i want to export my Presets i made in Realtek HD Audio Manager, the one you make in the Equalizer and then save. I want to know, where are these save, so i can take them over to a USB drive and after the PC is reseted, i only put them back there, and load them into the Audio Manager. Does someone know where these are saved? Thanks in advance

As example: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Realtek\EQ\preset1.cfg

Just as example.

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager Equalizer Settings Saved where?

Thanks for help D:

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/25773-realtek-hd-audio-manager-equalizer-settings-saved-where.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I use a Logitech M310 wireless mouse on my Win 7 computer, and I prefer a fast speed. So I typically right click on my desktop and then go to the Personalize screen. From there I click on Change Mouse Pointers, Pointer Options, and then I select a fast pointer speed.

But each time I restart my computer, my fast pointer speed is lost and I'm back to where it started at medium speed.

How can I get my mouse settings to save? My settings for Desktop Background and Screen Saver are saved, but not my mouse pointer speed. Thanks in advance.......

A:Wireless Mouse Settings Aren't Saved in Restart

Have you installed the Logitech mouse software, if not, go to the Logitech website & find the M310 mouse & locate the software download for it making sure you have either the 32 bit or 64 bit version that your Windows 7 is. Download it & then install it.

This will provide you with a program that you can use to customise your mouse settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397324-wireless-mouse-settings-arent-saved-restart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
i just bought a new laptop lenovo z510 with windows 8, it has issues connecting with wifi. it gives the following error
"the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network".

i tried looking for it over the net still all the solutions are for windows 7 or vista, i go to control panel>network and Internet> network and sharing centre>

i am trying everything possible to sort out this issue, kindly help me in this, do consider it is windows 8 and it does not have manage wireless networks option.

when i switch off my wifi router for 10-15 sec and switch it on then for some time the net connects but after sometime same issue.

also i have tried forget the network and again select it still nothing works.

Kindly help, Thanks you.

A:Windows 8 Wifi connection issue : the settings saved on...

Originally Posted by k12

Hi,
i just bought a new laptop lenovo z510 with windows 8, it has issues connecting with wifi. it gives the following error
"the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network".

i tried looking for it over the net still all the solutions are for windows 7 or vista, i go to control panel>network and Internet> network and sharing centre>

i am trying everything possible to sort out this issue, kindly help me in this, do consider it is windows 8 and it does not have manage wireless networks option.

when i switch off my wifi router for 10-15 sec and switch it on then for some time the net connects but after sometime same issue.

also i have tried forget the network and again select it still nothing works.

Kindly help, Thanks you.

Have you tried to update "Windows Updates" this system using a wired connection?

Which make/model router are you using for this connection?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39525-windows-8-wifi-connection-issue-settings-saved.html
Relevancy 52.89%

As of late I am experiencing a strange loss of Bios setting when I either warm boot saved Problem settings. with loss of Bios......intermttent or cold boot Examples as follows When restarting either from a warm restart or cold restart I will hear beeps which I believe is a memory related error correct me if I am wrong I do know if settings go back to default range the voltage is less than what is needed to successfully boot with OC settings enabled I have also noticed that I sometimes do loose all of the bios settings under many different conditions regardless of how and why I had to restart The one setting that stands out the most is the FSB setting many times this value is the only value changed goes back to default and needs to be reset This machine has given me yeoman service since and has been OC'D at a overclock Problem with Bios......intermttent loss of saved settings. of the time the rest of the time it is OC'D at a bit higher rate and stable I did replace the Battery on the MOBO P K-Premium WiFi AP thinking this might possibly be the cause I have found the incident of this happening to be less but values in the BIOS still change however infrequently I was thinking that the Bios could possibly be corrupt and might reflash it I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this issue I have had so very little issues with this build I have taken it for granted it still is very quick it still works great I am in the works of getting together a new build but this issue is annoying Again any insight would be appreciated ThanX

A:Problem with Bios......intermttent loss of saved settings.

I reseated all hardware, replaced battery, however the frequency of this happening is much less but still there, I am installing a Boot SSD or the OS later this week, a clean fresh install, I remain optimistic.

No-one has ever heard of this issue, when a bios defaults back to default settings upon an error?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223704-problem-bios-intermttent-loss-saved-settings.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, in an attempt to clean up a pc from many malware, I deleted an old program with its quarantine (ewido 3.5) and deleted many malware with Spybot. In this process the desktop got modified. All saved files, browser links, many icons along with the wallpaper disappeared and we are left with a pristine generic desktop. I'm running Windows Xp SP2.

Firefox settings got cleared, all bookmarks are gone as well. I know I have to rid the computer of the bad stuff, but first I would like to get the old things back so my son can save the URL's etc.

I've tried a system restore, but this did not bring anything visible back. I'm afraid to proceed so not overwrite anything. Is there a third party utility I could use to find these deleted items?

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Deleted files saved to desktop, browser settings

hello & welcome to TSF,

follow this link

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

here you will find many (freeware / shareware /and programs that you pay for )

now remember you get what you pay for / but i would try a few freeware programs to see if they wii do what you want befor paying for one / might just save you some $$$

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/deleted-files-saved-to-desktop-browser-settings-224352.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So, everything was working just fine. Then this message popped up one day on 3/4 laptops connected to the network. All of which are using Win7.

I went to network and sharing and 'forgot' the network. Turned off the router (TP-Link TL-WR740N), turned it back on and all was well for about 24 hours. Then it happened again, so this time I restored the router back to the factory settings, set it all up again (although I did use the same SSID and password). Forgot the network and it was all fine again.

Now the same problem is happening daily and has happened 5/6 times today. I repeat the first process, turn off and on, forget the network connect again, But it keeps happening. We're using WPA2 encryption.

Any ideas? It's truly frustrating me now and I work online so this is really beginning to eat away into my working hours!

A:the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network

So, I now tried to update the device driver on Win7. After dealing with a blue screen of death and getting that all back to normal, I decided that it can't be my machine because it's happening to all the other machines on the network. It's gotta be the router. So I did a factory restore again, but this time I changed the SSID and password for something new. It's online now, but for how long? I'll keep you posted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-settings-saved-on-this-computer-do-not-match-the-requirements-of-the-network.1107699/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I've used Windows 10 since day one although I've only just started to use the Calendar App since the AU update. When entering Birthdays and selecting the 'repeat yearly details' they are NOT saved despite the 'Save and Close' being activated. When editing any pre-arranged and saved birthday I find that the 'repeat' has reverted to ' a day of the month' but NOT the actual date of the birthday.
I've entered the Calendar on-line and checked all settings and also booked a Test Birthday entry on-line only to find when editing off-line it has reverted as above.
See attached graphics:
Thank you. Yorky.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/64838-windows-calendar-app-not-retaing-saved-repeat-settings.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Service center have suggested to overheat the chip under the risk of losing monitor completely. Can you suggest any other solution to this problem and if this one's correct? Thanks in advance.

A:U2713H, can't display anything higher FHD

Not sure what the service center is talking about. The U2713H monitor can do two resolutions above FHD 1920x1080 = 1920x1200,  2560x1440
So the fault must lie with the computer video card that the monitor is connected.* What specific computer model?* What specific video card?* What video out ports are on the video card?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19988130
Relevancy 52.46%

I need to recover files and settings that i saved onto a hard drive. I can scan the drive to retreive the files, but what format does the files and transfer wizard save them in?
Once i've recovered them how do i then load them onto a pc.
I saved them with windows xp service pack 2.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Andrew.

A:File and settings transfer wizard. What format are the files saved in?

it's saves them in windows backup file. You will need to save anything important to another disk before restoring as it will overwrite your current state when restoring.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-and-settings-transfer-wizard-what-format-are-the-files-saved-in.53401/
Relevancy 52.46%

i m pretty sure my entire fiasco has something to do with my Solved: being out Settings Greyed Missing saved. Tabs Buttons not registry in my display properties i only have three tabs screen saver appearance settings in folder options quot show common tasks in folders quot is greyed out and quot single click to open quot is also greyed out and other options throughout certain settings are greyed out in speech properties the Solved: Missing Tabs Greyed out Buttons Settings not being saved. apply button is greyed out and when i click on audio input to adjust the volume the microphone volume it is way down and i bring it back up and press ok and go back and its down again a lot of my settings are reverting back shortly after Solved: Missing Tabs Greyed out Buttons Settings not being saved. i apply them its been like this for a couple months me being too lazy to do anything about it and before all this happened my system was working perfectly fine then one day everything changed i m pretty sure its not a virus or a worm but i think something is wrong with my registry any help would be appreciated and i m sorry for being an inconvenience thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

My Windows Home Premium Homegroup is not accepting my settings stuck on its own settings I'm able to go to my Homegroup settings and CHECK the boxes for sharing video pictures doc s and music yet When I Click save changes it closes-out the window and when I view Settings once more they Windows changes 7 settings Homegroup Home Premium saved accepting not remain the same as before I changed them stuck on only quot Printers quot This goes for other HomeGroup Settings as well I'v stopped and started the HomeGroup Services quot Listener quot and quot Provider Windows 7 Home Premium Homegroup settings not accepting saved changes quot but the Strange thing is that it is sharing those files in My HomeGroup just not realizing it is or sumthin Also tried Leaving HomeGroup Rebooted and Joined idk but more than likely has to do w the Home Premium version because the Ultimate edition is able to see this Home Premium Laptop as if I had my settings changed to share and stream music etc the Home Premium can't see the Ultimate edition in the HomeGroup Any Helpful Advice it would be appreciated or I'm I just stuck w a Networkingly-Challenged Home Premium version

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Homegroup settings not accepting saved changes

Go to the libraries, Music and what not then use "Share with" on the toolbar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166359-windows-7-home-premium-homegroup-settings-not-accepting-saved-changes.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I was successfully connecting to the secured wifi network at my home without any problems until today, when all of a sudden both laptops disconnected from the network, and now when trying to reconnect, I get the error msg from the title of this post. I haven't changed any settings on the router.

I already tried to hard-reset the modem and the router and configure it again, remove the network on my laptop and re-configure it afterwards, reinstall wifi drivers, but nothing helps! One of the laptops has Windows XP, the other one Vista. When I setup the router with no security encryption, I manage to connect, but then when I setup the WPA2-PSK personal encryption again, the problem reoccurs. I've doublechecked the security key, typing the correct one for sure - and since both laptops went wrong at the same time, it cannot be a physical damage, either.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

A:Solved: "The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the net

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-settings-saved-on-this-computer-do-not-match-the-requirements-of-the-net.888301/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I Files Desktop Settings And Saved To Browser Disappeared Firefox hope you can assist me The Files Saved To Desktop And Firefox Browser Settings Disappeared most dangerous thing is a mom who knows a little about computers and then Files Saved To Desktop And Firefox Browser Settings Disappeared tries to fix things I have tried to fix my son s computer His pc was running slowly and so I ran Spybot S amp D I was trying to update Spybot and could not So I ran it anyways without updates The program found over entries of dialers Files Saved To Desktop And Firefox Browser Settings Disappeared malware etc I tried to delete them upon completion but I could not as the system said that some Items were being used and I shoud try to delete upon restart I did restart but this was still unsuccessful Ultimately I installed the newest version of Spybot after fixing a registry entry with dial a fix Thought that would help but there are still over malware left There was an old version of Ewido on his pc so since that was out of date I deleted it along with quaratine and everything I think this might be the culprit now Then I tried to run AVG antivirus After all this I still have undesired stuff on his computer but at the same time I destroyed some of his settings as well He had a ton of browser pages and images some notepad files saved to his desktop All are gone His wallpaper background became a generic one and most of his program icons disappeared as well He mostly uses Mozilla Firefox and all of browser settings and bookmarks are erased Needless to say I have a very irate teenager By the way another account on the same computer has the desktop along with all its clutter intact Since then I have tried to do a system restore but it did not help in restoring anything visible at least So my question is twofold how can I get the desktop and browser items back How can I clean his trojan malware dialer etc infested computer clean Thank you so much in advance

A:Files Saved To Desktop And Firefox Browser Settings Disappeared

Hello, my name is OO7, and i'll try and help you.
So, he has lots of viruses and dialers, I'd recommend DrWeb/CureIt, you can find it on Google. But don't open it.
Instructions:
1. Boot into Safe Mode (F1 repeat at startup)
2. Open DrWeb.
3. Scan.
4. Post the log here, so another person may help you.
Quietman4 recommended that to me and it didnt find anything (haha) but i thought you can try it).

~OO7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132833/files-saved-to-desktop-and-firefox-browser-settings-disappeared/
Relevancy 52.46%

I know this sounds odd but this is the only way I can share this information is to start a thread and then answer it myself what appears to be a common problem.
I had a problem earlier today upgrading to a new N router I recieved from my ISP and found the threads on your site helpful although they did not solve my problem. All PCs in the house connected wirelessly except my laptop which I got the message below.
The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network.
None of the threads however solved my problem.

A:Solved: The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirem

I messed around for hours and eventually went cap in hand to the IT guy who lives next door.
He to was totally baffled so we messed around with the setting some more and stumbled on the solution.
From Vista onward there is this facility to press a button on the router and the router and wireless device should pair up.
In my case they did pair up but when I looked at the wireless connections there was a red cross on my network but I could open the internet and had 136 MBs until I rebooted and then had to pair up again.
The other odd thing is the connection when hovered over varied from time to time between N and G and WEP or WPA2
We found if you go in to the wireless settings of the router and disable this pairing function it just lets you use the good old fashioned pass phrase key you have set on the router.
I have attached the setting from my D Link Router hopefully.
I hope this helps others solve the problem it will certainly give one more option to try.
You should always aim for AES and preferably WPA2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-the-settings-saved-on-this-computer-for-the-network-do-not-match-the-requirem.1024652/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey thanks in advance for what i already know will be welcomed useful information to a hardware challenged newby such as myself I have a quot Microtek i know but it wuz an X-mas gift and has worked wonderfully ??? monitor saved flat this panel can LCD be Flat Panel LCD monitor my cell slipped out of my hand and hit the lower right hand corner of the monitor screen causing what i can only say looks like a spider-web pattern to appear - can this flat panel LCD monitor be saved ??? that part is very small but there are also very fine lines that extend from the bottom to the top of the screen on the right side and very fine lines that go from right to left and in towards mid screen about quot in the very bottom right corner there is a part where the background color is black still with the lines thru it but on the entire rest of the screen i can see my wallpaper just fine no problem with resolution etc just these very fine very bothersome lines where it used to be absolutely perfect My question to u is can this monitor be repaired If so is it something that i can do myself given the right information and having access to the parts im not as challenged as u might think but then again maybe Please advise look forward to hearing ur thoughts on this no way can i replace this monitor right now and really dont want to learn to live with it this way Thanks again enjoy nbsp

A:can this flat panel LCD monitor be saved ???

Sounds like you damaged the membrane, and I say it is beyond help. If turning the LCD on and off a couple times doesn't fix it, its time to explore your options and either buy a new monitor or "live with it".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-this-flat-panel-lcd-monitor-be-saved.407923/
Relevancy 51.17%

Good morning I have a DELL XPS laptop for photography with a great Ultrasharp U H not HM I have to use a mini-DP to DP converter cable in order to connect them together and it worked very good until I upgraded my OS from Windows to last year Since this upgrade the communication U2713H mini Ultrasharp with displayport issue XPS15 between my computer and the monitor is just completely not working The monitor says quot entrer en economiser puissance quot I m french The HDMI connection works just fine but is unable XPS15 mini displayport issue with Ultrasharp U2713H to give me the full WQHD resolution I tried differents mini-DP to DP cables with the same results My laptop doesn t even XPS15 mini displayport issue with Ultrasharp U2713H show the external monitor on the display settings window and the quot fn quot quick launch for screen sharing options doesn t solved the problem at all I have updated the Intel HD driver and the Nvidia GT M driver but the problem is still XPS15 mini displayport issue with Ultrasharp U2713H here At the begining I thought this problem will probably be solved quickly by a DELL driver release but nothing happened and I m stuck for almost one year now trying to solve this apparently quot tiny problem quot And apparently I am not the only DELL user experiencing this issue almost all the people with the same problem have downgraded to or and the problem was solved but I don t want to go back to nbsp because I really don t like this windows version

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994896
Relevancy 50.31%

i spilled a glass of wine on my dell xps. i seemed to have done all of the right steps by shutting it off, removing battery, cleaning keyboard externally but then i noticed some keys were still sticking so i took it apart, with manual carefully, and there was only a wee bit of spots on the keyboard internally so cleaned with alcohol. all seemed well but when i reassembled the monitor isn't working. i can hear that it is starting up and working properly but the monitor is black. i was very careful with the cables, i didn't remove them or anything...does anyone know what could be happening?

thanks.

A:Saved laptop from spill but after taking apart monitor not working?

The LCD requires two cables, one for power, and the other the display connector.

It is likely the display cable which is probably ribbbon style, has come out of the back of the LCD's circuit connector block.

Either that, or one of the inverter leads has been slightly pulled out of the connector block and isn't making proper contact.

My advice would be to strip the display surround off, and remove the plastic trim running across the top of the keyboard and then check all the connections and with it in pieces, run it up again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/saved-laptop-from-spill-but-after-taking-apart-monitor-not-working.158607/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I'm setting up printer sharing on an XP system. I ran the wizard and gave it the okay to share printers.
When I go to my printer options 'Share' tab, select 'Share this printer' and click 'Apply' I get:

"Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed."

What would cause this?

Thank you.

A:Solved: "Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed."

Nevermind. 'Server' service was disabled. Enabling this service fixed the issue. Hey, I'm getting good at this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-settings-could-not-be-saved-operation-could-not-be-completed.915621/
Relevancy 47.73%

If anyone can help "The requirements this do not of match network" on saved the the computer settings me with "The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network" the above error message i would be very grateful I have just bought a new Netgear WGT Mbps Wireless Router I was able to succesfully set up my network and add the required security with no problems and was able to connect both my PC and Laptop wirelessy I then proceeded to do a bit of jiggerey pokery with the online router settings being extremely clever and now get the error message quot The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network quot I can connect to the router with an ethernet cable but when i try and disable all the security measures it will not work My desktop PC is connecting no problem is just my laptop with Windows Vista I am currently on WPA -PSK AES and am using the correct passphrase but i still cannot get any joy I have tried to retrace my steps on both my laptop and my router but i cant seem to go wireless Any help Thanks nbsp

A:"The settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network"

I had the same problem!

This is what I did:

>goto Network and Sharing Center, and click on Manage wireless networks (to the left under Tasks)
>remove your network from the list
>Exit and try connecting to it again. You'll have to put in the password again as if connecting to it for the first time.

That should do it for you, although i also had to enable 802.1x for my wireless settings before it would work again, you might have to do the same.

Good Luck~!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-settings-saved-on-this-computer-do-not-match-the-requirements-of-the-network.609310/
Relevancy 47.73%

I upgraded to IE7 from windows update but when i open it up the runonce page is displayed. However I can't choose other providers for the default search engine and when I click on the green "save settings" box it says "Settings were not able to be saved successfully." Then on the left lower corner of the status bar a yellow exclamation mark is displayed saying "page error". For your information I'm using XP pro SP3. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:[SOLVED] IE7 runonce page &quot;Settings were not able to be saved successfully&quot;

http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/?p=3691

This fix is quite easy.

* Click Start > Run and type the following into the Open box:
gpedit.msc
Click OK.
* Using the left hand pane, navigate as follows:
User Configuration
> Administrative Templates
> Windows Components
> Internet Explorer
* In the right-hand side pane double-click on Prevent performance of First Run Customize settings
* Change the setting for Prevent performance of First Run Customize settings to Enabled and use the drop-down box to select Go directly to home page

* Click OK and close Group Policy
* Restart Internet Explorer 7

There are a couple of other possible fixes.

First involves a registry edit.

* Click Start > Run and type the following into the Open box:
regedit
Click OK.
* Using the left-hand pane, navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
* In the right-hand pane, right-click on RunOnceHasShown and change the value to 1
* Close Regedit and restart Internet Explorer 7

Alternatively, making the following tweak to the trusted sites also seems to work:

* Click Tools > Internet Options
* Click on the Security tab
* Click on Trusted Sites and then the Sites button

* Add the following site to the trusted zone:
*.msn.com
Click Add and then uncheck the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone and click close
* Click OK

After doing any of the above you will have to reset your home page to whatever it was you used before by clicking on Tools > Internet Options and typing the URL into the Home Page box.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie7-runonce-page-and-quot-settings-were-not-able-to-be-saved-successfully-and-quot-313106.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a new Dell XPS 8900 connected to a Dell U2413 monitor using the HDMI to mini-HDMI cable.  When I switch off the monitor (to save the screen and energy), the PC jumps into an unrecoverable power saving mode, shutting down all open applications in doing so.  The mouse and keyboard lock up.  The only way to restart the PC is to press the power button for several seconds (hard reboot).   This began happening recently.  What can be done to fix?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989116
Relevancy 47.73%

After connected my dell XPS 13 with Dell 34" ultra monitor via Kensington SD4000 universal docking station. Have video but no sound coming out from my ultra wide monitor. The only sound that I heard was from the XPS laptop. My Laptop's OS is window 10 and I tried to use Chrome and explorer Edge, none of the search engine is able to solve the problem. Moreover, I checked my all connective cables to/from the docking station and it seems fine to me. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19681975
Relevancy 47.73%

I am picking up the XPS 15 this week and currently have two P2815Q monitors I am using with the Microsoft Surface Book.  Currently these are connected to the Surface Book via a single mini-display port cable with the 2rd 4K connected to the first via mini-display port.
So my question is how do I connect these monitors to the XPS 15.  I understand the XPS has Thunderbolt and a single HDMI 1.4 port.  While HDMI 1.4 is not capable of driving 4K at 60hz, I'm also wondering what the new Dell Dock is going to bring to the game here.
Would love some help, so thanks in advance.

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 and Dual Dell 4K P2815Q Monitor Hookup Question

Did you find out the answer to this? I'm killing myself trying to find a solution.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19662227
Relevancy 47.73%

We're encountering scrolling issues with Excel 2013 (and 2016).
What we mean by that is graphic distortions (blocks of black) appearing on the worksheet during the scroll action.
It happens almost exclusively on the externally attached monitor.
Even after the scrolling action is finished the blocks of blacks will persist and will obscure the data in the cells. Generally only opening the worksheet anew will correct the issue (until scrolling is once again initiated)
This is on a new Dell XPS 15 (9550) running Windows 10.The monitor is a Dell U2717D connected via the HDMI.
We've done quite a bit of troubleshooting but before describing in detail we wanted to know if anybody had seen something similar?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990954
Relevancy 47.73%

It is nbsp an Analog VGA nbsp The manufacture date was nbsp It was purchased closer to nbsp There is a dark shadow on the bottom right hand corner of the screen nbsp It is about inch high nbsp It extends about - inches across the bottom Where time date is nbsp Looking at the shadow it has a specific and static shape almost like a graph going UP Up hill you know the line on the nbsp graph from x-y nbsp It is a nbsp giant blob a shadow but does have a specific shape impacting only the bottom right nbsp The monitor was not placed near magnets moved hit dropped or struck in any manner nbsp It is highly unlikely it was moved without my knowledge nbsp It was working amazing nbsp since the day I got it nbsp OVERNIGHT near a windows update this Bottom it Just Shadow - E2414 Monitor ?!?! Appeared Tapping Dell monitor Right fixes nbsp shadow problem happened I unplugged it and moved it around a bit nbsp I noticed tapping the nbsp bottom right where the nbsp shadow is does make it go away for - seconds nbsp So nbsp touching Shadow Just Appeared Bottom Right Dell E2414 Monitor - Tapping monitor fixes it ?!?! that area in the back not the controls somehow fixes the problem nbsp nbsp I do not know if this helps but the shadow is translucent more grey than solid black

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19974393
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a PC that is running Windows Xp. The video card is running at a resolution of 1928 x 1080 or there abouts. I had it hooked up to a widescreen monitor. Now, I am at a different location and they do not have any monitors of that caliber. I get the error on start up of "Cannot display this video mode". How do I change the display mode before the pc boots up or get the monitor to auto downgrade the resolution?

A:Dell LCD Monitor gives error "Cannot display this video mode" at startup.

Im not 100% sure if this will work but try booting it up in safe mode. Im pretty sure safe mode has a default resolution of 800x600 (or something like that)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-lcd-monitor-gives-error-cannot-display-this-video-mode-at-startup-204330.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi - I can connect to most networks (wifi) that I want to but for some reason my office wifi I cant because I get this message:

"The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirement of the network"

Im not sure what to edit here any ideas? Thanks

A:Why "The settings saved on this computer for network do not match"

Quote: Originally Posted by lister

Hi - I can connect to most networks (wifi) that I want to but for some reason my office wifi I cant because I get this message:

"The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirement of the network"

Im not sure what to edit here any ideas? Thanks

You can get there by going to the Network and Sharing center, look on the left where it says Manage Wireless Connections, you can open up the profile for that connection then make adjustments to it. You will need to know the SSID, wireless password, the type of security and encryption also need to match.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/225161-why-settings-saved-computer-network-do-not-match.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I decided to do a clean install and before reinstalling the operating system I used the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to save my files to a network drive. The file is there and appears to be saved properly....the file name is USMT2.UNC....there are 2 documents w/n called: IMG00001 and status. When I use the wizard to access the files again it gives me this error message: "The location you specified does not contain stored information. Please type a valid folder path into the edit box." How do I recover my files?

A:Files & Settings Transfer Wizard Is Opening My Saved Files

I'm not real familiar with this feature, but I think that you've got to use the FAST wizard to restore the files to your system. Go to Start...All Programs...Accessories...System Tools...Files and Settings Transfer Wizard and launch the dialog.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73475/files-settings-transfer-wizard-is-opening-my-saved-files/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I can't seem to get anything higher than 1920x1080 in the list of available resolution options when I connect my Dell U2713HM monitor to my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. I've run this monitor at 2560x1440 on another laptop over HDMI in the past but that was with Windows 8. The Intel HD Graphics 530 Control Panel doesn't offer any resolutions above 1920x1080 for the external monitor and adding custom resolutions results in the error "the custom resolution exceeds the maximum bandwidth capacity". I'm using the same high speed HDMI cable that worked at 2560x1440 with this monitor on my previous laptop. I'm fully up to date on all of the drivers for the laptop.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure what else to try. Could this be a Windows 10 issue? Should I try the standard Intel HD Graphics 530 drivers from the Intel website?

A:Dell Inspiron 15 7559 connected to Dell U2713HM monitor over HDMI can't do 2560x1440 resolution in Windows 10

Hi JonoBloo,
The hardware on the system supports the 2560x1440. It should be a software issue. I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

Press the Windows key and Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.
Now select properties.
In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the Intel video card driver for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992886
Relevancy 47.3%

I want to switch between laptops onto a DELL E FPc Monitor which is VGA input a ? do Dell E6410 KVM get I monitor Laptop switch a How a on through to Dell display only nbsp The Laptops are a DELL E -VGA out only running Win nbsp nbsp and nbsp a DELL Inspiron series machine -HDMI output running Win I have tried to achieve this using a KVM switch the ATEN CS U non-powered It claims to be Win compliant When I connect it to the E s VGA port and then in to the Monitor it says no signal detected Subsequent research would suggest that even if I were to somehow get a display through the KVM switch it will be lost as soon as you switch to the How do I get a Dell E6410 Laptop to display on a Dell monitor through a KVM switch ? other laptop nbsp I have come to believe through research on the web that the E Laptop will only work with a VGA monitor being directly connected to its port or an alternative powered KVM Switch with so called Active-DDC whatever that is may also work nbsp Needless to say I have exhausted my tech knowledge on this one Can anyone offer further advice or recommend a solution Ed

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985242
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I'm struggling to attach the soundbar to the computer. There are two cables in the box. On the picture it shows the short cable attached to the soundbar that slots into the monitor. Is the extension cable supposed to attach to the short extension cable attached to the soundbar or is that supposed to go in a separate slot. On the diagram in the instructions it looks like both cables need to be plugged in.
This might seem like a stupid question but it isn't clear in the instructions.
Thanks,

A:Attaching Dell USB Soundbar (AC511) to a Dell U2515H monitor

Hi totleygirl,
Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
You will have to connect the USB Extension Cable to the computer USB port and the other end to the soundbar cable.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19642242
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,I need an advice.
Dell Vostro 1510 (version nVidia) does not function LCD - very little light.External monitor works OK.LCD - brightness up and down works. Closing cover notebook to sleep - works OK.
Test another inverter and LCD.It's the same :(
Please, give me an advice.Thank You.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988091
Relevancy 47.3%

My old dell laptop L502x is a bit quirky and caused me to buy a desktop, however, i think it is still saveable. when i have it display to an external monitor via hdmi, it works 100% with no problems. however, when i use the monitor that is physically attached to the laptop, i will get a " A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" BSOD. from what i've gathered over numerous crashes, i believe its a problem with the integrated graphics in the processor, since they are not used when outputting via hdmi. i could be wrong tho, any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Laptop external monitor = OK, attached monitor = BSOD

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337137-dell-laptop-external-monitor-ok-attached-monitor-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am plugging a HDMI cable into the HDMI port on a Dell E5440 laptop and the other end of the cable, which is Display Port, into a Dell P1914S monitor.
Nothing shows on the external monitor no matter what I do or try on either the laptop or monitor?  I have tried this on a Dell E7000 series laptop also with no result on that one either?
Does the HDMI port on Dell laptops support video or do I need to utilise some other means of connecting a second monitor.  Bear in mind there is no VGA output on these laptops.
Thanks in advance
Wayne

A:Dell Laptop HDMI to Dell Monitor DisplayPort?

Display port is NOT bidirectional. You can go from DISPLAY PORT OUT to HDMI IN but you CANNOT GO HDMI OUT to DIsplay port in.
I would suggest an HDMI to VGA adapter.
https://www.amazon.com/View-Hdmi-Converter-Raspberry-Board/dp/B00F04N28I

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19994340
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop nbsp Recently new Dell monitor laptop Attaching a Dell to an older I bought a Dell Ultrasharp monitor U M to attach to my laptop to have an ergonomic home office Attaching a new Dell monitor to an older Dell laptop nbsp My knowledge of computers hardware is pretty rudimentary nbsp quot x Nice adjustable stand x DVI-D port x display port x VGA port x USB upstream port x USB downstream ports I use my computer for writing documents internet surfing and rarely for watching tv nbsp Eventually I will buy a lighter and newer laptop but probably not for a year or two I think I bought Attaching a new Dell monitor to an older Dell laptop the wrong monitor nbsp I was hoping to buy something to use now that will last and that will work with any future laptop I buy My monitor just arrived nbsp I Attaching a new Dell monitor to an older Dell laptop connected it to my laptop with the VGA cable my laptop doesn t have DPI or HDMI input nbsp It worked but the picture didn t look very good nbsp It is my understanding that VGA connections are the worst quality nbsp Can I use an adapter to connect to the VGA cable to access the DVI-D port on the monitor nbsp Or is this the best I can get nbsp I m not even sure what video cards are or whether I need one of these nbsp I also looked up the specs on my old laptop and it says the specs of my laptop screen are nbsp x nbsp pixel So is this the limit of what an attached monitor can be nbsp Any input appreciated nbsp Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983359
Relevancy 46.87%

My sister has several saved telephone messages from our Mother which she would like to save as audio files. Before deleting them from her phone she would like, if possible, to transfer and save them to a computer or to some portable device. Is it possible to do this? Thank you.

A:Can saved telephone messages be transferred and saved as audio files?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-saved-telephone-messages-be-transferred-and-saved-as-audio-files.974168/
Relevancy 46.01%

ok I have windows XP On Both Off my computers but my other one has a dell monitor and I've tried to get it to work so many times I got lucky I think twice first time it worked but then I shut it off for the night then I had a hard time to get it to work but I finally did and after that I can't get it to work it keeps saying to set it up through the disc drive I think I haven't turned it on for a bit I'll have to check it,
but can anyone help with what I said?

Relevancy 46.01%

My problem is that I am trying to restore a friend's Dell Studio laptop back to its factory settings I follow Dell 1555 Studio to option Image Dell Factory settings,no factory the procedure mentioned on Dell's website however there is no Dell Factory Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option Image Restore option I Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option have checked the laptop's Disk Management and there is a Recovery partition in fact there are partitions A MB OEM partition with no letter assigned C Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy Boot Page File Crash Dump Primary Partition GB Recovery Simple Basic NTFS with Status Healthy System Active Primary Partition GB In short when the computer starts I hit F I enter the Advanced Boot Options and select Repair Your Computer I then select the language and login with the administrative account however there is no Dell Factory Image Restore option there My options are shown the image below Another issue that concerns me is that on the picture above it says Windows on D Local Disk however there is no such partition on the laptop's disk I would be thankful if anyone could give some advise on how to restore the laptop to its factory settings using the recovery partition Thank you

A:Dell Studio 1555 to factory settings,no Dell Factory Image option

On a Dell, if some other OS was installed, the Dell "PC Restore" (Recovery Partition) is no longer valid (corrupted) and the only way to reinstall is with a Windows OS installation disc and then download whatever device drivers you need from the Dell downloads.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317093-dell-studio-1555-factory-settings-no-dell-factory-image-option.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This has been bugging me for a while it pops up whenever I start the computer. I don't know to much about how to do things so please have some patients with me. If you can help me than I might just love you forever.

A:Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\ Network Service\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ hrcopul.dll

Have you run any scans for infections? I Googled hrcopul.dll, and everything that I found points to a infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201901/error-loading-cdocuments-and-settings-network-service-local-settings-application-data-hrcopuldll/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to take back up of the files from my Laptop.
I used it for 2-3 days. 
Stages followed. 
I connected my laptop with a hard disk.
1. Welcome
2. Factory recovery media. After starting the application, following error poped up:an error occurred while creating the factory recovery media dell
3. Data back up to hard disk. No issues for this point
4. Finish

A:New laptop 5558 Windows 8.1 Dell recovery and Back up, Error: an error occurred while creating the factory recovery media dell

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly click on the following link:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/media
This link will give all the information as to how you can use Dell backup and recovery and if there are any other issues with the same.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19660931
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a database that I created on 2007, saved as 2003 with a switchboard, it saves and converts the database, works fine on 2007 with no errors, but when I open it on Access 2003 I get VBA error and it wont open the switchboard, nor some of the forms, could anyone assist me with this. I have attached the database.

A:VBA error when I open a saved mdb from 2007 on 2003

unfortunately i cannot open .rar files could you use .zip?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-error-when-i-open-a-saved-mdb-from-2007-on-2003.963906/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi So eagerly i tought to buy this cool looking laptop for a huge i needed it to output to a hdmi monitor ot TV so sometimes i could see movies as well now i had special version) new dell or 13 DA200 output not monitor (2015 Hdmi dell to 9450 does HDMI xps adaptor via tv to buy the special DA dell adaptor and in the past weeks it s been a complete nightmare i WAS NEVER ABLE to make it work permanently The chat support was no help at all usually simply resuming to try and replace the part but i do think the part is good and i didn t feel like waiting weeks for it to ship from china The ethernet and usb work on the DA adaptor EXCEPT HDMI nbsp SOMETIMES it would work dell xps 13 9450 (2015 new version) does not output HDMI to tv or monitor via special dell DA200 Hdmi adaptor briefly until next restart i had tried everything ever available on the internet The laptop is running Windows as it s restricted to that version i tried to install other versions with lots of issues and compatibility issues so dell xps 13 9450 (2015 new version) does not output HDMI to tv or monitor via special dell DA200 Hdmi adaptor nbsp i have installed reinstalled and installed different versions of the video driver for all possible windowses and none worked what did work was very brief until next restart and that usually happened when i had a fresh windows install after the first restart i will get a non working hdmi again nbsp nbsp I have tried several hdmi cables so i know it s not the hdmi cable or the tv ot the monitor and nobody seems to be able to help

A:dell xps 13 9450 (2015 new version) does not output HDMI to tv or monitor via special dell DA200 Hdmi adaptor

Oops I see my first post got sent, even if the website failed...
Anyay.. I talked to Dell Support and they told me to update the firmware for:
Intel (R) Thunderbolt 3 Firmware Update
(version 02.05.04,A00)
downloaded forn Dell.com/support
Enter your service tag and you will find it under Chipset on the driver download page.
That fixed it for me!
It was a known issue for the guy i talked to.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19668708
Relevancy 44.29%

I am having trouble with connecting my dell xpx13 to Dell p2714q monitor via USB-c Port. 
I have connected the xps 13's usb c port to monitor's usb upstream port via 10Gbps cable. 

Need help, need to know whether i am doing it right? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990328
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

Whenever I have tried saved a webpage to any place in my user account's porfile, I found the error
The webpage couldn't be saved to the selected location.

Note I have moved all my accounts to another partition othe than OS partition, do you think this is the cause?

I would highly apprecicate it if you could help me.

A:I am having error webpage couldn't be saved to the selected location.

2 simple options to try
1 - create another account and logon and try again
2 - move profile back and test

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288623-i-am-having-error-webpage-couldnt-saved-selected-location.html
Relevancy 44.29%

If I save an Excel file to my server, I frequently get a 'Document not saved' error. The file does not save and a TMP file appears in the save location instead. Similarly, if I open an Excel file on the server and then save it, I get the same error, the original file vanishes and a TMP file appears. This problem occurs about 75% of the time.

I can save Excel files to my c-drive without problems. I can also copy files from my c-drive to the server, so this is the workaround. I can reproduce this problem using two different desktop PCs that are connected to my network.

Details of my setup:
Desktop PCs: MS Vista Home Premium SP1, running Microsoft Office 2007, fully patched
Server: HP MediaSmart EX470, running Windows Home Server, fully patched and up-to-date

Sound familiar anyone? Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks!

A:Excel 'Document not saved' error when saving to server

Eureka! After 30+ hours of wrestling with this, and with the help of users in other forums, I have fixed it. For the record, here&#8217;s what I did:

This was not a server issue. Although I had the problem on two client PCs, the problem was on both of these machines. Having downloaded and run Process Monitor, I discovered that at the time of error, there were other processes going wrong (NAME NOT FOUND errors in ProcMon). One PC had one faulty process &#8211; MSI webcam software by Sonix. The other PC had two faulty processes &#8211; Sonix webcam again and Groove (part of MS Office). By uninstalling those bits of software, the problem is fixed. As we are not big webcam / Groove users, we are happy with the solution here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-document-not-saved-error-when-saving-to-server.802368/
Relevancy 43.86%

Are these settings fine or my Dell laptop, burnt a few Nvidia 256 MB GeForce 7600 GS, now got a 7950T GTX 512 MB installed since 256 were out of stock.

Thanks.

Relevancy 43.86%

My computer was working and all of a sudden I can not longer connect to my network and when I see all available networks mine says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"   How can I change the settings on the computer so that they match the requirements of the network?  I can access other networks and get online like that, but my network, even the local one, is busted.  Please help!

A:"The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"

Hi Lori,

This issue usually occurs on wireless network connections. I suggest that you turn off any security feature of wireless. Please click Start->Control Panel, double-click Network Connections, right click on the wireless adapter and select Properties. From there choose Wireless Networks, click on your wireless network name and choose properties. Under Network Authentication choose Open to turn off the wireless security. Please try to connect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you delete the connection, and recreate the wireless network connections. The following website may help you on creating the wireless connection.

http://www.vista4beginners.com/How-to-setup-a-wireless-connection

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Is the issue resolved?

If the issue persists, I suggest that you reinstall the wireless adapter driver, and re-create the connection again.

Remove the adapter driver========================

1. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter.2. Expand "Network Adapters", double-click on the entry of the wireless network device.3. Click the tab "Driver", click "Uninstall".4. Click Start. In the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter. 5. Remove the entries related to the wireless network adapter.

Then reinstall the driver with your driver CD. After installing, re-create the connection. 

If the issue is not resolve by the above suggestions, please let me know if other computers can connect to this wireless network.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a0e8cb69-89cb-43c4-b873-c613bb16a983/quotthe-settings-saved-on-this-computer-for-the-network-do-not-match-the-requirements-of-the?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 43.86%

Okay So i ran registry mechanic to try to clean up my computer worked greatfixed lots of errors only problem is now when i try to run Outlook expres it gives me error Outlook express could not be opened Msoe.dll could not be loaded I know its a crappy program and i just downloaded pegasus to replace it but i need the e-mails i have stored on their please help and thank you very much

Makedo

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/used-registry-mechanic-now-oe-error-msoe-dll-could-not-be-loaded-need-saved-e-mail.50546/