Windows Support Forum

Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

Q: Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

Step by Step explanation of what occurred and what I did The computer a month old ACer Aspire - Windows Home Premium Intel Core i - M Intel Solved time. to disabling Virus How load 20 f... by doesn't windows services. minute has find anything. a all software Windows HD graphics gigs DDR memory gig harddrive PM Monday December th Playing Skyrim Hit CTRL Alt Arrow key by accident This flips the windows GUI upside down Begin searching for solution on that computer by turning it upside down physically Power Cable comes out Laptop shuts down despite Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... having full battery Search for solution on old laptop a year old Dell Inspiron with a boatload of problems including spontaneous shut downs and battery issues Has been recently reformatted Find solution Turn on new Acer Acer runs fine until it gets to the Windows screen From quot Welcome please wait quot to me typing in my user password to me seeing my desktop takes approximately minutes Once in Windows runs incredibly choppily Try running in Safe Mode Continues to run incredibly choppily Speak with Acer Support They suggest I use a restore point I slowly inch my way towards a system restore There is one It is for PM Monday December th The laptop was closed but not off at that point I do a system restore The system restore proves ineffective I turn it on It crawls into windows Upon being turned Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... on both my Wireless Card and Avast Anti virus are disabled I re-inable avast and my wireless card I download Malware Bytes Trial version I run a full scan with Malware Bytes Trial version It detects nothing I run a full scan with Avast It detects nothing During one of the many crashes and restarts here I get a message in the bottom right Windows Build this copy of windows is not genuine is in the bottom right of my screen This is either false or the Staples where I purchased did something crazy I suspect the former It told me to validate using this URL https www microsoft com genuine validate default aspx displaylang en amp Error amp OSV amp GenuineInfo amp ls I attempted to validate windows It told me quot This update is not available on your computer quot I download and run CCleaner It runs and deletes - megabytes of cookies and other garbage I run MSConfig and Turn everything all services except Avast and Malwarebytes on the premise that important stuff would be retained It prompts me to restart my laptop I do It restarts and loads in within seconds as per usual Success Now the problem Most of the basic windows functions are turned off Sound control power control my touchpad has reverted to default settings and it won t let me fix those internet etcetera I attempt to turn on windows utilities on the basis of quot That kinda sounds important quot The problem reappears I try to run Windows Update It requires me to turn on something specific I turn it on There are important updates It downloads two of them It gives me an error for the other downloads My computer restarts I am now unable to find Windows Update to turn it on I am now no longer able to turn on the internet I am uncertain which Windows services need to be on or off I am uncertain if I should follow these steps http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html since I am uncertain if this is a malware problem Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

4 months old and is it still under warranty and bought brand new? I heard staples has a bad reputation atleast for a customer who posted his experience on some threads online.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432321/windows-has-a-20-minute-load-time-virus-software-doesnt-find-anything-solved-by-disabling-all-windows-services-how-to-figure-out-which-to-enable/
Relevancy 92.02%

About 3 years ago, i had a trialware of this software that would allow one to look at three windows(maybe more,cant remember exact details) at the same time. I found it in SmartComputing. Any ideas the name?
(BTW, i tried winpolosion, a similar and popular software, but downloading it is impossible. i keep getting a 'cant find a dll file' error message. i download trial software almost daily, never have isssues, so i think WInp. might have some bugs)

A:Solved: Viewing 3 windows at same time software?..cant find it..

Are you talking about multiple desktops that you can switch between?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-viewing-3-windows-at-same-time-software-cant-find-it.466667/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a list of services here that I have enabled on my system every time I start it up and I'm looking to disable some for max performance. I'm not sure what any of them do though. Note that I am using n Acer Windows 7 Home Premium (Laptop), on Service Pack 1 and have it all updated. 64 Bit OS. I use a wireless connection so any services relating to that cannot be disabled.

A:[SOLVED] Disabling Windows 7 Services

My advice would be to leave services alone. You will gain very little by doing what you wish.

The large majority of services require almost zero CPU time so disabling them will gain you essentially nothing there.

Memory management in Windows is highly dynamic. Many service processes will use considerable memory on startup, but that is only because there is currently no better use for it. If an application requires more memory then that consumed by inactive services will be cut back, in some cases to almost zero if necessary. Unless your system is seriously short on memory you will gain very little here.

The only real gain from disabling services will be a somewhat shorter boot time.

There are serious risks in disabling services. The problem is that it is almost impossible to know everything they do. The descriptions in the control panel applet are by no means complete. Many services do things that are not publicly documented anywhere.

You may disable a service today and everything works. At some later date you install a new device or application and you have strange problems which are very difficult to resolve. Will you connect the problem with a service you disabled months before? Probably not.

In my view disabling services is a risky way to gain very little. This view is shared by people who are far more qualified than I.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-disabling-windows-7-services-570048.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I am having problems with Windows Backup software which comes with windows The software simply doesn't load Whenever I try to click the program to open it whether its in the start menu or in the control panel nothing happens I have tried using other alternatives to it doesn't load backup software at all Windows like EaseUS Todo Backup Free and AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition I am trying to backup exactly gb and although both of these programs say they will do complete backups of your harddrive AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition only backuped gbs of the total space of my harddrive and EaseUS Todo Backup Free backuped only gbs of my Windows backup software doesn't load at all entire gbs I have a feeling that windows backup not working might be a problem in the Registry But could the solution be simpler than editing the Registry which could destroy my computer's operating system Could I please have some help getting Windows Backup to where it opens so I can do a complete backup of my harddrive Thanks Alex

A:Windows backup software doesn't load at all

Hi have you tried running Sfc /scannow SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-backup-software-doesnt-load-at-all-848386.html
Relevancy 80.41%

The gmer program didn t finish the computer went to a blue and said to shut down It did come back ok DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by WSMG at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcssC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files cpu couple full using minute more load services.exe times a a or SeaMonkey seamonkey exeC Documents and Settings WSMG Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp us services.exe using full cpu load a couple or more times a minute mc mail yahoo com mc welcome partner sbc amp gx amp tm amp rand eunaqg l crBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AT amp amp T Toolbar e bd f- b d- e- be-fd bb aae - c progra atttoo ATTTOO DLLBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Webshots Toolbar c d -ecb - b - -f dcc - c program files webshots WSToolbar IE dllTB AT amp amp T Toolbar e bd f- b d- e- be-fd bb aae - c progra atttoo ATTTOO DLLEB Media Band - a - b-a - c a a - SystemRoot System browseui dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun ISW exe quot c program files at amp t internet security wizard ISW exe quot AUTORUNmRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeIE amp Webshots Photo Search - c program files webshots WSToolbar IE dll MENUSEARCH HTMIE E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - c program files yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exeDPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cabDPF A- - - - AA B - hxxp download microsoft com download B E BE EC-F - AA - AB- F D B wmsp dmo cabDPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab - c program files yahoo common Yinsthelper dllDPF D - - - - AA B - hxxp download microsoft com download F E F E A - E - E - F F- C wmv VCM CABDPF D - - - - AA B - hxxp download microsoft com download D D D DD DA- F- - B -AF E D ED C wmv dmo cabDPF D D - - BA- E F-B BA C C - hxxp www callwave com include cab CW CWDL DownLoad CABDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabHandler cdo - CD A- B - D - DB- C FB D - c program files common files microsoft shared web folders PKMCDO DLLNotify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dllmASetup D -AAD - -ABDC- AB D F - quot c program files common files lightscribe LSRunOnce exe quot FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume wsmg applic mozilla firefox profiles gauzzxeq default FF - prefs js browser search defaulturl - hxxp www google com search lr amp ie UTF- amp oe UTF- amp q FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www kellyware com kwforum discus discus plFF - prefs js keyword enabled - falseFF - plugin c program files java jre bin new plugin npdeployJava dllFF - plugin c program files viewpoint viewpoint media player npViewpoint dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA ---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----c pr... Read more

A:services.exe using full cpu load a couple or more times a minute

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344892/servicesexe-using-full-cpu-load-a-couple-or-more-times-a-minute/
Relevancy 78.26%

my laptop has Windows XP Media Center SP it downloaded a few updates about a month ago services user settings to load my disabling and asked me to restart the computer after the restart the computer startup was ok but when it was loading my services disabling my user settings to load user settings it froze with only the wallpaper it couldn t load the programs and the desktop or the taskbar so i turned it off using the power button and turned it on in safe mode and it loaded ok so i created a new user account and the problem wasn t solved then using the System Configuration Utility i started expermenting with different startup selections enabling the services caused the problem but i coudn t figure out which service was causing the problem i did try enabling and disabling some of the sevices and i also tried enabling only the microsofts sevices where my user settings were loaded ok but i do want to identify the sevice that is causing the problem and i want to know if there are any programs services disabling my user settings to load that help with that because the only programs i found were the ones that deal with the startup programs and services disabling my user settings to load didn t solve my problem so here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at pm on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C WINDOWS system THotkey exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO no name - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar ... Read more

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello guys, sometimes i do get a problem when launching my laptop i get a black screen for about 4 seconds when my logon screen appears now i want to make my boot time faster by disabling some services that get launched at the start of windows which makes the boot time slower

Should i disable persistence Module, igfxTray Module, hkcmd Module or keep them ?

PS: im using Advanced System Care

A:Disabling services for faster Boot time

Several of the Forum experts have recommended that the only "service" one needs at boot is the anti-virus. Everything ese can be accessed on an as-needed basis. This tutorial goes into a lot more detail about how to optimize Windows 7:

Optimize Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/350170-disabling-services-faster-boot-time.html
Relevancy 77.4%

To skip the reason for my question below you can go directly to the bottom of the post quot My question is quot Over the last week I decided to take some steps to improve the amount of available Physical Memory and Performance on my main use computer I have already posted Services Windows 7 Disabling that I was able to pick up well over MB of constantly available Physical memory by defrgmenting the Registry disclaimer This is not a recommendation to defragment the Registry This was discussed on another thread So today I started to look into disabling some Windows and Applications program services Disabling Windows 7 Services that either quot Auto Start quot or quot Auto-Start Delayed quot The first two that I took an ax to were Windows Network File Sharing and Windows Search As good as these services are I have no use for either so there is no reason to have them Auto-Start In addition I disabled some Applications programs there were either Auto-Starting or Auto-Starting delayed Disabling these services that I do not need has added another MB or so of available Physical memory I have GB RAM on a Windows HP x system Before I defragmented the Registry and disabled these services my system would normally show between and GB of available Physical memory Now it is regularly showing over GB of available Physical Memory and going as high as GB if I am at the Desktop with only my Start-Up applications running Note I have trimmed the number of start-up applications to what I consider an absolute minimum for my needs I did this a while back so there can be no further savings of available Physical memory in this area I have also noticed an improvement in performance as a result of the Registry deframentation and the disabling of some Services When you go to into the quot Services quot function it lists all the Services that are on your computer and indicates whether they Auto-Start Auto-Start Delayed Manual or are Disabled There is also a small description of each service In some cases this is enough for me but in many cases I am not familiar with what the services does I know I can individually Google each one and go from there to find out more information but that would not be my preference My question is Is there a web-page or web-pages that lists all the Windows related services that come on a computer with Genuine Windows installed and gives a full description of what the services does or provides links to another URL that does Thanks

Relevancy 77.4%

I don't use most of the Windows 7 services... like Windows search, Windows Update, Bitlocker etc and I'm looking for a list of unnecessary services that are safe disable..

Thanks..

A:Disabling Windows 7 Services

Have a look here and try the Bare-bones settings. You can also find out what a particular service does, and what other service(s) it depends on (or depend on it) by clicking on its name and reading the provided information.

Black Viper’s Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations | Black Viper's Website | www.blackviper.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183604-disabling-windows-7-services.html
Relevancy 74.82%

From display of logo to log-in screen is taking from 2 minutes to 10 minutes. (It caries from boot to boot.) HDD light is so active it seems to burn continuously. It looks like defrag, but neither Windows nor Auslogics defrag has scheduled tasks.

CCleaner shows nothing in Startup that could be an "activity."

Where or how can I find out what Windows was doing all this time?

A:Where do I find out what Windows is doing during 10 minute boot?

My first thought would be going here.

Optimize Windows 7

Pay close attention to # 7 & 8

Please read instruction carefully and let us know what you decided to do and the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/282915-where-do-i-find-out-what-windows-doing-during-10-minute-boot.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an old and low-performance laptop It was working very slow and using too much CPU I decided to turn off disable unnecessary services to give it a boost And I did so now my system works much faster The complete and exact list of disabled services are listed below Code Application Management I bunch Windows after can't print my of disabling documents a services Base Filtering Engine IPsec Policy Agent IKE and I can't print my documents after disabling a bunch of Windows services AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules Bonjour Service Cryptographic Services Desktop Window Manager Session Manager Diagnostic Policy Service Distributed Link Tracking Client Extensible Authentication Protocol Extensible Authentication Protocol WLAN AutoConfig Function Discovery Provider Host HomeGroup Provider Function Discovery Resource Publication Human I can't print my documents after disabling a bunch of Windows services Interface Device Access Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IP Helper Network Connections Network List Service Network Location Awareness Offline Files Peer Name Resolution Protocol Peer Networking Grouping Peer Networking Identity Manager Program Compatibility Assistant Service Protected Storage RtVOsdService Installer Sandboxie Service Security Center Server Shell Hardware Detection SQL Server VSS Writer TCP IP NetBIOS Helper Themes WebClient Windows Font Cache Service Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache Note The indented service names are dependent to the preceding ones in the list I have been using my system for one or two months with those services disabled without any problem Today I tried to print an MS Word document into a PNG file But I saw that no printers are listed I clicked on the I can't print my documents after disabling a bunch of Windows services quot Add Printer quot button and got this error message Code File in the directory The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable Note I don't have a physical printer instead I have installed a virtual printing software called quot PDF Creator quot which prints documents to PDF or PNG files It was working perfectly fine The problem is definitely due to those disabled services It looks like I disabled a critical service among all those unnecessary ones I really don't want to re-enable all those services one-by-one and try restart the system after each one Can you please tell me which service is causing this problem Windows Version Ultimate x SP Office Version Professional Plus

A:I can't print my documents after disabling a bunch of Windows services

I saw that the "Print Spooler" service was not running. I tried starting it. It wasn't disabled; it was in the "manual" mode. Once it started, I was able to print my document. I don't know why, but somehow, the programs are not able to manually start the Print Spooler service on their own. I will be glad if someone explains the reason for this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/356235-i-cant-print-my-documents-after-disabling-bunch-windows-services.html
Relevancy 74.39%

This is the second time with help "Advanced me Cannot Virus Please load windows!! software!! Removal" even this virus Please help me with "Advanced Virus Removal" software!! Cannot even load windows!! has infected my computer Even from the first time my PC was infected I knew it was a fake and took several measures to remove delete and prevent it I consider myself to have a moderate amount of know-how but it keeps re-appearing re-installing and taking over my PC I disabled my task manager and took over just about everything - even changing my background to this ugly text image and disabled my ability to go in and change the background Well at the time I didn t think it was much of a big deal because I had backups of my pc stored on an external hard drive and I would simply format it and reinstall everything Wrong Well it turns out the virus also disabled and removed every driver I had - I mean when you format something it should go back to the basics back to factory settings Well my PC was restored to below factory settings There was no sound it couldn t recognize USB plugs in the devices couldn t recognize the wireless no browsers nothing All it had was the trash can I had the CDs to put back in a few things but even then it was not right I was still missing a ton of stuff and had to mke several phone calls to the manufactuer tech support etc It was a nightmare Finallt got a guy to come and repair it for free since it was under the last few days of warrenty Went to go retrieve my back up files to find they were only HALF there if that I do a lot of work with d modeling and programming and my work is all gone I am so furious So this time around when it got me a second time I have mcaffe and avg just so you know I immediately recognized it try to remove it again No dice I try to look up how to remove it online but all my searches were BLOCKED and redirected So I swear I don t even take ONE minute to go to a different computer look up how to remove it download a program on a USB drive to get rid of it come back and my PC has restarted itself Wonderful I know exactly where this will lead me It takes forever to load and windows xp doesn t even come up sometimes it just shows my old background and doesn t do anything else - still wont let the task manager up start bar doesn t appear nothing it s just my old background Most of the time now I get something entirely different and it s another fake warning screen with the list of infected trojans viruses etc asking for payment etc And when I close out those boxes it s just the giant ugly text background trying to scare me into buying their scam I can t access anything not even the command prompt Safe mode doesn t work neither does trying to debug it when I try to go into recovery mode it crashes because my screen says some file is missing removed or blocked I dont want to have to format my PC again because of the hassle i went through last time not only that it is no longer under warranty that and i havent made a backup file recently last time i was only able to recover about half of what i had but this time i wont have anything i thought about going to a repairman but i dont want them to charge me for a diagnoses and then tell me my only option is to format when I can do tha myself for free I really need some help and advice I am so tired of this thing It s ridiculous because I don t even look a porn or download things like mp s games etc I was just reading an article on Ben Barnes Can t a girl get any peace This is just way out of my hands and any advice or help or anything would be really appreciated

A:Please help me with "Advanced Virus Removal" software!! Cannot even load windows!!

update- i figured out that if i shut down my wireless on the laptop before logging in as the administrator, i can get windows to load and my background gets kind of an 'error' message saying it deactivated my desktop. i can access programs, and i dont get all the pops ups and annoying messages until i turn the wireless on. i thought i was lucky because i had the malware removal program on my flash and was able to finally install it.

unfortunately that is not the case. while everything uploaded fine, as soon as i run the full scan on my laptop, it literally counts up to 3 seconds, gets shut down, and then uninstalled. afterwards i get annoying pop up again - even if my wireless is disabled.

also, 'advanced virus removal' has seemed to rename itself to "total security".

any feedback for my situation would be greatly apprecaited. thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260661/please-help-me-with-advanced-virus-removal-software-cannot-even-load-windows/
Relevancy 74.39%

A couple of weeks ago windows security centre started popping up messages virus this anti computer software not on Windows find did saying quot Windows did not find anti virus software on this computer Your firewall status is unknown quot and quot Anti-virus might not be installed quot I have been running Zone alarm and AVG-free for several years now I also run Spy-bot S amp D I suspected some kind of virus which these couldn't detect so I've installed and scanned with the following over the past couple of weeks Windows Defender Kaspersky online scan Panda antivirus SpywareBlaster AVG-anti root kit Root kit revealer Hijack this F-secure Windows did not find anti virus software on this computer internet security StopZilla AdAware UnHackMe Reanimator Security centre didn't detect any of the antivirus programs With the help of the people at Greatis reanimator i've managed to remove a couple of problems but security centre still doesn't detect antivirus In the event log I've noticed a message which Windows did not find anti virus software on this computer has been occuring since June The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall But I haven't been able fix this The WMI service and RPC service are both running and restarting them doesn't solve the problem Any ideas are what to do now would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows did not find anti virus software on this computer

In my efforts to find out if wmi or security centre were corrupt in some way i came across this great script:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...p/wmidiag.mspx

It has turned up 6 WMI security errors about default trustees being removed. I'll have a closer look at trying to fix these problems tomorrow though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-did-not-find-anti-virus-software-on-this-computer-198711.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I'm currently experiencing minute reinstallation boot 20 of even Windows time, after an issue with a Visa Business laptop where it had suddenly been taking approximately minutes to boot after running various virus scans and checking through the boot logs I was unable 20 minute boot time, even after reinstallation of Windows to find a solution and as such decided to reinstall Windows to resolve my problem However I have found that even after completely reformatting the drive and reinstalling Windows Visa I am still experiencing this extremely long boot time I have observed that the long boot time does not occur if I select to boot in to safe mode 20 minute boot time, even after reinstallation of Windows and for a large majority of the time when the computer is booting the hard disk activity light isn't even flashing with Windows freezing on some attempts while booting To attempt to see if this was a hardware issue I downloaded a copy of Linux Mint onto a DVD and booted from it as expected it booted extremely fast for a disk compared to Windows Being unable to fix the problem myself I have decided to finally request help from people whom would be more knowledgable in this area than me P To assist in finding the resolution of my problem I have included a copy of the bootlog I have disabled the drivers that do not load and have noticed no difference in the overall boot time Thanks for your help

A:20 minute boot time, even after reinstallation of Windows

Hi Plxply (first and only time I'll call you that),

This usually ain't a trivial exercise to diagnose.

Anything show up in Event Viewer or Reliability Monitor (see Administrative Tools in Control Panel).

I suggest you download Process Monitor, start it up, click on Options, Enable Boot Logging. Shut it down and reboot. When system is and running, start it up again, and it'll ask you if you want to save the file. You can then configure it to show the data you want to review (Options > Set columns), and set filters to weed it down to a manageable size. You'll particularly want to look at any entries that have Duration of more than a few seconds.

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276290-20-minute-boot-time-even-after-reinstallation-windows.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Every time i attempt to load Windows XP onto my computer i end up with some sort of error either my computer restarts, it just stops loading, brings up a blue screen, or it brings up another screen that says doubt fault. I am not sure what to do. Any help would be great.

A:Solved: crashing every time i load Windows XP Pro

Hello Fail2load. Can you please post the error code you receive on the blue screen as that can shed some light on the actual cause of the problem. Also, please post your system specifications, along with any recent changes that you may have made before the problem first occurred. Await your response.

-- Goku

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-crashing-every-time-i-load-windows-xp-pro.788072/
Relevancy 73.1%

Windows XP Home SP My sister inlaws computer is running Could find Windows Solved: XP HJT someone If can the SP1 look time, Log, Home you this at Gre bad I think she is hijacked ran adware spybot spyblaster going to run cwshredder now can you tell me Solved: Windows XP Home SP1 Could someone look at this HJT Log, If you can find the time, Gre if anything shows in this log need to keep peace in the family and I told her I would try to help Here is the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System gearsec exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard hp business inkjet series Toolbox mpm exe C Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Updates from HP Program BackWeb- exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rnathchk exe C HJT Program HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www iowatelecom net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com go Gamespy-eLife-Games- NAblue R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Iowa Telecommunications R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt ... Read more

A:Solved: Windows XP Home SP1 Could someone look at this HJT Log, If you can find the time, Gre

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-home-sp1-could-someone-look-at-this-hjt-log-if-you-can-find-the-time-gre.290702/
Relevancy 72.67%

i'm on a dell 545s when i enter my password i press enter nothing happens it freezes then welcome screen loads for a minute this just started last week

A:windows 7 64 bit home premium startup takes a minute to load

Hit Win key (flag)+R, type 'msconfig' (w/o the quotes), browse to startup tab and post a screenshot here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222805-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-startup-takes-minute-load.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This started a few days ago Everything was running fine until then no error or forced shutdown to give any indication of a cause I turn on the computer everything starts up like normal All the fans spin the POST screen displays screen Blank after doesn't Windows POST, Solved: load and runs through like normal Then when it would normally go to the Windows splash screen it now just goes blank Completely Solved: Blank screen after POST, Windows doesn't load black no cursor or progress bar or anything The monitor s backlight stays lit like it s still running normally but Windows just doesn t load Before all this I was getting an occasional restart from what I m guessing was an overheating video card But after I took it out and blew all the dust out of it it worked fine for a couple weeks so I m pretty sure that didn Solved: Blank screen after POST, Windows doesn't load t have anything to do with it Still I d been looking to upgrade my video card for a while so I picked up another and switched it out but it s still having the same issue I m using the Solved: Blank screen after POST, Windows doesn't load same monitor on the backup computer and it s working fine I checked all the connections on the motherboard the back of the case and the monitor I read somewhere to try pushing the quot Caps Lock quot key to see if maybe it s loading and not displaying but it doesn t light up on the keyboard like it does on the other computer at the Windows login screen so I m forced to conclude that for whatever reason Windows just isn t loading Could this be a software issue or am I definitely looking at replacing more hardware And if so any ideas on what might be causing it If it helps at all my setup is Windows XP Home Edition RAIDMAX QUANTUM RX- W Power Supply Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB Hard Drive GIGABYTE GA-MA GP-UD H Motherboard AMD Athlon X Kuma GHz CPU CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR RAM SAPPHIRE Radeon X XT Video Card Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

On my new computer when i attempt to "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server" i get the following message: "An error occurred getting the status of the last synchronization. The RCP server is unavailable." Changing to the other server yields the same message.

I then went to;
1) Navigate to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
2) Scroll down to the Windows Time service only to find that it is not there!

I have no idea what to do now, I hope that someone else does as I run automated futures trading strategies and the start and end time must be accurate to the minute.

A:Solved: Scroll down to the Windows Time service only to find that it is not there!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-scroll-down-to-the-windows-time-service-only-to-find-that-it-is-not-there.883098/
Relevancy 71.81%

So guys Yesterday I was on PC everything was fine okay then I Windows (1080p) [SOLVED] suddenly load the doesn't resolution proper turned off PC because I went to sleep But when I woke up my PC resolution SUDDENLY changes to x and I can not change it back to x o O beacuse maximum resolution is suddenly x What am I supposed to do I swear I did not install any software which could do it I just normally turned PC off then at the morning I turned it on and bum my resolution [SOLVED] Windows suddenly doesn't load the proper resolution (1080p) is low Please help me somehow Thanks BTW This happend to me also around a half year ago on the same PC just the same problem so I reinstalled windows and everything was okay but you know I don't want to reinstall my win still when this happens I suppose it happend because of freaking windows update which I noticed while PC was turning off but I don't really know where could be problem with automatic windows update though I am using Windows Ultimate -bit

A:[SOLVED] Windows suddenly doesn't load the proper resolution (1080p)

I think Windows must have installed graphics drivers as part of the automatic updates. Please check the installed updates and look if graphics drivers are among them. You should be able to uninstall it and reboot. When it comes to automatic updates, latest is not always the best, especially with drivers. I prefer to get drivers from PC or GPU manufacturer's website, even if a newer version is available through Windows Updates. As long as it doesn't add a new feature (rarely does) or doesn't fix a security issue/vulnerability or some bug, it's not necessary. No matter the case, you should try reinstalling your graphics adapter (uninstall the existing version first). There's a tool being referenced a lot here that would help get rid of the drivers and it's associated files for a clean install to minimize the possibility of components from different versions conflicting with each other and causing some undesirable behaviours. I'll post the link to it if no one else does by the time I find it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-suddenly-doesnt-load-the-proper-resolution-1080p-965617.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,

I am experiencing strange problem with my Windows XP machine. After Windows XP starts up - my machine hangs for 5 minutes and wait for the Security Center's Firewall alert pop-up. During this time, I can access my computer and other files, but most of the programs don't launch. Also the internet doesn't work till this time. Only after the Windows Security Center's pop-up appears saying "Your firewall is turned off" does the machine starts properly.
This alert vanishes after a second or so and then the internet connection icon appears in the task bar.
I had avast anti-virus installed on my machine and I read on a couple of forums that this might be causing the particular problem - so I've uninstalled avast and installed AVG antivirus.
Still the problem is persisting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP takes long time to load programs

so you get a message that the firewall is turned off? How long has that been happening, does it turn itself on at all. My suggestion would be to post on our malware forum; there is a sticky at the top of that forum to explain what they need from you to start with. However I do see that you were able to uninstall avast and install avg. Do you have malwarebytes installed at all. Perhaps firstly you could try a scan with avg and see if it shows anything, and download malwarebytes and scan with that. I suggest these things because you get the message about your firewall being turned off which doesn't seem right.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-takes-long-time-to-load-programs-591265.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have been having a problem with my computer for a few weeks now I have Windows Vista on my computer and have Webroot Virus Scan When I go to Google s search engine and click on the link it gets redirected Sometimes when I turn on my computer the volume doesn t work at all Also sometimes when I turn my computer on the computer doesn t load and load Redirected; start time Doesn't doesn't right Volume Google Vista all the Gets correctly, Search it says there is a problem with DellDock installation which I have no clue what that means I never had any of these problems before this virus showed up When I run Webroot it catches the same virus everytime some type of virus in Java I have tried researching this virus but as I said Google links don t work Thank you for taking the time to look Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time at my problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Danny at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC Windows system svchost exe Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Dell MySQL bin mysqld exeC Program Files Common Files Dell Remote Access File Sync Service dsl fs sync exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows System ico exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exeC Program Files Oracle Information Rights Management Desktop sealmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System Pmxmiced exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SSU EXEC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Danny Desktop dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp espn go com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluDefault Page URL hxxp www google c... Read more

A:Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334514/google-search-gets-redirected;-volume-doesnt-load-correctly-vista-doesnt-start-right-all-the-time/
Relevancy 70.52%

Boot time has lengthened along with the mount of windows lag time (time it takes services and programs to load). Before everything was loaded and operational in less than 10 seconds. Now it takes over 30 seconds for all services to operate.

There are only two programs checked for startup on my IBM Thinkpad R50e Windows XP Professional: tp4.exe amd ctfmon.exe.

What is also strange is whenlooking at task manager and processes that are running the user name column stays blank for a long time. I only have 33-35 procresses running on this computer. When first entering Windows only 19 are loaded. It then takes 30 seconds for the remaining 12 to 13 to load.

If there is no behavior that is typically associated with viruses, spyware and malware in general what is causing this? rootkit or trojan?

I look forward to your reply and opinion

A:Windows Services Take too long to load After entering Windows

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476398/windows-services-take-too-long-to-load-after-entering-windows/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello Man oh man Ok I have had the about blank problem for a while now I see that it is a popular hijack problem Anyway I ran adaware with updated ref files and all of these new files popped up I did not look extremely carefully I have never experienced adaware bringing something up that did not need to be deleted checked all and clicked fix kiks self Ok restarted my computer everything is fine and dandy I try to listen to one of my cd s and windows media player reports back that there is an error Naturally I check my logfile and realized that I deleted a windows media player file oops I go back into adaware undo the fix so that i can repeat the process without deleting that file Computer starts up fine (Hijack windows Big Problems to long [about:blank], time takes Solved: load I run adaware and step out for a second I Solved: Big Problems (Hijack [about:blank], windows takes long time to load come back and my computer has restarted that is wierd So I log on and take an abnormally long amount of time I finally get to my desktop and everything is so slow I try to run adaware again but my computer cannot find it Ok I try to run media player again error A few moments later it pops up that my virtual memory is too low Problems Extremely long startup for windows unable to connect to the internet now a scandisk I have keeps reporting quot error qfecheck log quot and my virtually memory is used up after only using hijackthis sigh below is the most current logfile from hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files aim aim exe C Documents and Settings Stephen Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll file missing O - HKLM Run SysUpd C WINDOWS sysupd exe O - HKLM Run romahere C WINDOWS System matrixhere exe O - HKLM Run pnpsvc lock C WINDOWS System exe O - HKLM Run Network Security Guard C WINDOWS System sglt fbusr exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files aim aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe quot O - HKCU Run romahere C WINDOWS System matrixhere exe O - HKCU Run uninstal regsvr u s image dll O - Global Startup BigFix lnk C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup winlogin exe O - Extra context menu item amp ICQ Toolbar Search - res C Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button ICQ HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ICQ Lite HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button MoneySide HKLM O - Extra button WebMail HKCU O - Extra button WeatherBug HKCU O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab If anyone can help please let me know Thanks Ihatebadstuf nbsp

A:Solved: Big Problems (Hijack [about:blank], windows takes long time to load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-big-problems-hijack-about-blank-windows-takes-long-time-to-load.269780/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi - hope someone can help, this is driving me crazy - I've attached a doc that explains the problem with pictures ... could it be caused by a battery? I've no idea what I'm doing but it works, I change the configuration & reset the time, but then when the computer is turned off and on again it happens again.
thanks

A:[SOLVED] Date/Time keeps resetting, Windows won't load, boot device priority keeps ch

I was going to say that my first thought would be the CMOS battery. Even if it's not the problem, it's a cheap and relatively easy thing to replace, so as good a place to start as any.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-date-time-keeps-resetting-windows-wont-load-boot-device-priority-keeps-ch-661114.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I think I have the command services virus on my machine Spybot said after a scan and fixup that it cannot fix the command services virus as it may be in memory and will re-scan and attempt to fix on startup It was unable to do so on startup Also I get repeated popups from SPYWAREGUARD my Command Windows machine Services Solved: Virus XP on that I have on my machine with a message quot WARNING A BHO Browser Help Solved: Command Services Virus on my Windows XP machine Object has been added quot I then choose the button quot Remove the BHO quot But I keep getting those message Here is the HJT log for my machine Appreciate your help Regards newmem --- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS U FsaWw command exe C Program Solved: Command Services Virus on my Windows XP machine Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP TN EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcjmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client Pop Trap exe C WINDOWS system lxcjcoms exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C PROGRA Webshots webshots scr C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com mywaybiz R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run OfficeScanNT Monitor quot C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan C... Read more

Relevancy 69.23%

I have some sort of infection with the following issues and would really appreciate your assistance:

1. When browsing the internet, occasionally a program called Just In Time Debugger will pop up asking me if I would like to debug with a new instance of Microsoft Office Script Editor. I haven't seen this before, some people give advice on how to turn the debugger off but as far as I can tell, all my settings are correct. I think it's related to my other issues.

2. The classic Google redirect. I search for something on Google and when I click on one of the links, it takes me to some random page.

3. My wireless Windows Zero Configuration keeps turning off and I am then unable to connect to the internet.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320193/just-in-time-debuggergoogle-redirectdisabling-windows-zero-configuration/
Relevancy 68.8%

Sometimes i go to

Code:
Start > Run > services.msc > OK
When I go here, i disable about 30 of them. This is suppose to make my computer faster. (Does it ?)

Also, sometimes, when I have finished disabling, and rebooted, I can no longer change my system time, or adjust my taskbar/start menu properties. I have a feeling this is because of a service I disabled. Does anyone know which service disabled that?

Thanks..

A:[SOLVED] Disabling Services

It's not a good idea to disable services without knowing what they do or what their dependencies are. They are vital to the efficient running of Windows, and there are better and safer ways to increase your computer's speed. Which ones do you disable?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-disabling-services-222318.html
Relevancy 68.37%

in vista basic, openoffice writer and brother printer driver software were easily found in startup services and could be blocked...in windows 7 they dont even show up in the ' services ' list to be enabled or disabled. why? and where are they so I can block them from being on startup? ( I know about going into msconfig and taking them off startup list but that is selective startup not normal startup and I dont like doing that ).

A:cannot find downloaded software in services

msconfig is user specific
try going into run, services.msc
this will affect all users

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/48238-cannot-find-downloaded-software-services.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi New to the forum and new to viruses and I wonder if anyone could help me please I'm running Win x and all of a sudden my PC will not stay on Either in Windows or Safe Mode I can't do anything that takes longer than one minute - it always shuts down and restarts With a warning when in windows It will not stay on long enough for me to do anything but I can't see anything Unusual in the process list I'm happy to do anything that's asked of me as I'm a bit of a novice with this stuff but I'm having to use a borrowed PC as I need mine for some important work so any quick replies would be apprecieted I've seen a similar post so have downloaded and run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool frst exe according to the instructions on that post and here is the log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from L Windows Ultimate X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run ACPW EN C Program Files ACD Systems ACDSee Pro ACDSeePro InTouch exe pid ACPW EN - - ACD Systems HKLM-x Run AVP C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO HKLM-x Run ACPW EN C Program Files x ACD Systems ACDSee Pro ACDSeeProInTouch exe pid ACPW EN - - ACD Systems HKLM-x Run Sweetpacks Communicator Please shutdown Virus? Windows will - 1 minute in Help C Program Files x SweetIM Communicator SweetPacksUpdateManager exe - - SweetIM Technologies Ltd HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - Windows will shutdown in 1 minute - Virus? Help Please - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU FRAZ Run uTorrent C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe - - BitTorrent Inc HKU Windows will shutdown in 1 minute - Virus? Help Please FRAZ Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATIAIA EXE FU C Windows TEMP E S tmp EF HKCU - - Startup C ProgramData Start Menu Programs Startup iReboot lnk ShortcutTarget iReboot lnk - gt C Program Files x NeoSmart Technologies iReboot iReboot exe NeoSmart Technologies Services Whitelisted S AcrSch Svc C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe - - Acronis S Adobe LM Service C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe - - S afcdpsrv C Program Files x Common Files Acronis CDP afcdpsrv exe - - Acronis S AVP C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO S BITS C Windows System qmgr dll - - S BrowserProtect C ProgramData BrowserProtect c c ccb- - e c-a f - ad fec e BrowserProtect exe - - S iReboot C Program Files x NeoSmart Technologies iReboot iRebootd exe - - S Macromedia Licensing Service C Program Files x Common Files Macromedia Shared Service Macromedia Licensing exe - - S PCLEPCI C Windows SysWOW drivers pclepci sys - - Pinnacle Systems GmbH Drivers Whitelisted S C Windows System DRIVERS sys - - Microsoft Corporation S kl C Windows System DRIVERS kl sys - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO S KLIF C Windows System DRIVERS klif sys - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO S KLIM C Windows System DRIVERS klim sys - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO S klkbdflt C Windows System DRIVERS klkbdflt sys - - Kaspersky Lab S klmouflt C Windows System DRIVERS klmouflt sys - - Kaspersky Lab S kltdi C Windows System DRIVERS kltdi sys - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO S kneps C Windows System DRIVERS kneps sys - - Kaspersky Lab ZAO S MTsensor C Windows System DRIVERS ASACPI sys - - S WimFltr C Windows SysWow DRIVERS wimfltr sys - - Microsoft Corporation S Gpstetexysm No ImagePath S snapman system DRIVERS snapman sys x S tdrpman system DRIVERS tdrpm sys x NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - SHD C found - - - - - - D C Users FR... Read more

A:Windows will shutdown in 1 minute - Virus? Help Please

. . . . and here's the Search Log:
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 22-05-2013 01
Ran by SYSTEM at 2013-05-23 20:15:21
Running from J:\
Boot Mode: Recovery
================== Search: "services.exe" ===================
C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..s-servicecontroller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_2b54b20ee6fa07b1\services.exe
[2009-07-13 15:19] - [2009-07-13 17:39] - 0328704 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 24ACB7E5BE595468E3B9AA488B9B4FCB
C:\Windows\System32\services.exe
[2009-07-13 15:19] - [2009-07-13 17:39] - 0328704 ____A (Microsoft Corporation) 24ACB7E5BE595468E3B9AA488B9B4FCB
====== End Of Search ======

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495554/windows-will-shutdown-in-1-minute-virus-help-please/
Relevancy 67.51%

Someone please help, I have just loaded windows 98 on an IBM 330pl. I set the bios to boot from my cd rom first and it does without a problem, I load Windows and everything is going well until windows finds new devices and the drivers are on a cd. Windows doesn't recognize my cd drive at all even though it loaded from there. I'm pretty knowledgable about computers but I may need some help please. By the way I know all the connections are there and the drive is working fine as I've tested it in another machine

Thanks
Mike

A:I can load windows 98 from my cdrom, but once loaded windows can't find cd drive

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried going to your cd drive`s manufacturers site and downloading the latest firmware etc?

I`m not saying that this will help but it might!!

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-load-windows-98-from-my-cdrom-but-once-loaded-windows-cant-find-cd-drive.17503/
Relevancy 67.08%

It warns me with a sounds, then it asks me what to do, but by the time I figure out where the virus is coming from, the window to delete the virus disappears. Can I fix this so I can delete the virus on my computer? Thanks for all your help!

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, i have a dell inspiron 1545 installed with windows 7. I started it this morning and installed the latest version of free AVAST virus protection which then told me to restart the computer. So after doing this, It didn't load properly after taking my password and came up with a blank screen. So i manually turned my computer off after having waited for it to load (which it never did) now when i turn it on it comes up with the 'windows error recovery' screen. I have tried every alternative way of booting it up including 'safe mode' all which didn't work and the screen ended up blank every time. I must have tried it at least 15 times but still had no joy. Please help???? is there anything i can do without taking the computer to pieces???
Thanks
Ollie

A:Windows 7 doesn't load after 'windows error recovery'

I assume that also "last good configuration" didn't work. I do not know what went wrong, but it's sounding like a "Recover to factory defaults" or a new install may be your only choices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-doesnt-load-after-windows-error-recovery.997435/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

Since getting my new computer and linking my HP Photosmart 7960 printer, I cannot find the services tab (?) to enable me to clean the print nozzles etc.

Also, I can no longer see the ink levels anywhere.

I would be most grateful if anyone can tell me how to access these services.

Thank you

A:Cannot find services for HP photosmart since changing to Windows 7

hello and welcome,
did you already installed well your driver printer and the package of the software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/117374-cannot-find-services-hp-photosmart-since-changing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

OKay first off don t get mad it didn t have anti-virus to begin with I wasn t the one who did this to begin with I have a PC that is having problems going to any security website E G symantec kaspersky and whatnot Also it gives me access denied errors when trying to load SAV and AVG free gives an installtion error as well I tried logging into safe mode and the PC just restarts We don t have any restore points on this ocmputer so this can t be used I slaved the HDD to another PC and it found well over viruses all of them quarantined per SAV I replaced this HDD back on the original PC and still has the exact same issues Lastly I pulled it out from the PC and sure enough on another scan it found MORE virus stuff on it so the restart must have reinfected the files load Solved: virus reinfecting software! Can't - scan keeps PC itself I think the good Solved: PC keeps reinfecting itself - Can't load virus scan software! thing is it went from the over mark to just a few but its still wigged out Here are the following types it found on the latest scan - I have ran the beagle fix tool from SAV and I ran the SAV scan with the drive slaved on D email protected email protected zip and Trojan rootserv Help me save this users configuration please nbsp

A:Solved: PC keeps reinfecting itself - Can't load virus scan software!

It was the hosts file. It had all the different AV sites as well as windows updates listed in it and sending to 127.0.0.1.

I renamed the file and was able to get this installed/updated/and scanned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pc-keeps-reinfecting-itself-cant-load-virus-scan-software.480078/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

I "recently" found out a way to save a lot of ram by disabling services for example The Windows Update Sevice or the Windows Installer and so on.

It was great because it made my PC faster by freeing up RAM. But somehow it made my PC slower booting up. When all services are turned on it uses a lot of RAM but it makes the boot-up faster. When a lot of the services are disabled my system runs faster but it takes longer to start.

Maybe I have disabled some kind of Boot-up Optimizer service.

If you got a clue enter the name of the service which should be enabled to make my computer booting up faster.

NOTE: When I turn on my PC there happens a lot of things. The only thing that goes slower is the Windows is starting up.... sequence. Other things like logging in to an account goes very fast.

A:Disabling services from services.msc made my PC boot up slower (RESOLVED)

Hi

Have a look at these services guides and see if there are any adjustments you need to make to your own setup.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm
http://www.ss64.com/ntsyntax/services.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disabling-services-from-services-msc-made-my-pc-boot-up-slower-resolved-148682.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So this is the second time in the last week I ve had this problem After removing Vista Antivirus or some variant of it the firewall will not turn on In the control panel under the Windows Firewall tab it says Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings Wont Doesn't Turn Services On. in Show Up Windows Firewall to protect your computer If I click Update settings Windows Firewall Doesn't Show Up in Services Wont Turn On. now I get an error message that says Windows Firewall was unable to make the requested updates If I go to the Services tool the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender entries are missing If I type quot netsh firewall reset quot it says quot The service has not been started quot I ran the Windows Firewall Fixer tool and it fail I ran an FSS Scan here is a link to the results would it be better to post them here http pastebin com EEMCH WJ I was reading a thread where someone had a similar issue Here but I don t get the error number The last time I had this issue it was on a Windows machine and I just re-installed the OS I could re-install the OS on this computer as well but I would rather not and I would like to know if there is another way to fix this issue My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium It s an HP Compaq Presario F Laptop Is there any other info I should post I really appreciate the help

A:Windows Firewall Doesn't Show Up in Services Wont Turn On.

Create RESTORE POINT before trying thishttp://www.winhelponline.com/articles/139/1/How-to-create-a-System-Restore-point-in-Windows-Vista.htmlBase filtering engineWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE]
"DisplayName"="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\bfe.dll,-1001"
"Group"="NetworkProvider"
"ImagePath"=hex(2):25,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,72,00,6f,00,6f,00,\
74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,\
00,76,00,63,00,68,00,6f,00,73,00,74,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,2d,00,\
6b,00,20,00,4c,00,6f,00,63,00,61,00,6c,00,53,00,65,00,72,00,76,00,69,00,63,\
00,65,00,4e,00,6f,00,4e,00,65,00,74,00,77,00,6f,00,72,00,6b,00,00,00
"Description"="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\bfe.dll,-1002"
"ObjectName"="NT AUTHORITY\\LocalService"
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000002
"Type"=dword:00000020
"DependOnService"=hex(7):52,00,70,00,63,00,53,00,73,00,00,00,00,00
"ServiceSidType"=dword:00000003
"RequiredPrivileges"=hex(7):53,00,65,00,41,00,75,00,64,00,69,00,74,00,50,00,72,\
00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,00,00
"FailureActions"=hex:80,51,01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,14,00,00,\
00,01,00,00,00,c0,d4,01,00,01,00,00,00,e0,93,04,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE\Parameters]
"ServiceDll"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,\
00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,\
62,00,66,00,65,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00
"ServiceDllUnloadOnStop"=dword:00000001
"ServiceMain"="BfeServiceMain"Open a notepad and copy the script and save it asFilename:bfe.regSave as:All typesWindows firewall
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc]
"DisplayName"="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\FirewallAPI.dll,-23090"
"Group"="NetworkProvider"
"ImagePath"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,\
74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,\
00,76,00,63,00,68,00,6f,00,73,00,74,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,2d,00,\
6b,00,20,00,4c,00,6f,00,63,00,61,00,6c,00,53,00,65,00,72,00,76,00,69,00,63,\
00,65,00,4e,00,6f,00,4e,00,65,00,74,00,77,00,6f,00,72,00,6b,00,00,00
"Description"="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\FirewallAPI.dll,-23091"
"ObjectName"="NT Authority\\LocalService"
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"Start"=dword:00000002
"Type"=dword:00000020
"DependOnService"=hex(7):6d,00,70,00,73,00,64,00,72,00,76,00,00,00,62,00,66,00,\
"ServiceSidType"=dword:00000003
"RequiredPrivileges"=hex(7):53,00,65,00,41,00,73,00,73,00,69,00,67,00,6e,00,50,\
00,72,00,69,00,6d,00,61,00,72,00,79,00,54,00,6f,00,6b,00,65,00,6e,00,50,00,\
72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,65,00,41,00,75,\
00,64,00,69,00,74,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,\
00,00,53,00,65,00,43,00,68,00,61,00,6e,00,67,00,65,00,4e,00,6f,00,74,00,69,\
00,66,00,79,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,\
53,00,65,00,43,00,72,00,65,00,61,00,74,00,65,00,47,00,6c,00,6f,00,62,00,61,\
00,6c,00,50,00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,67,00,65,00,00,00,53,00,\
65,00,49,00,6d,00,70,00,65,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,6e,00,61,00,74,00,65,00,50,\
00,72,00,69,00,76,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,6... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434478/windows-firewall-doesnt-show-up-in-services-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,
This happens to me for the first time when my brother transferred a ms document file, the computer slows down on starting up then i immediately delete those files. my computer starting up became 'ok' .
but it always happen now whenever my computer switches off (not properly) due to power interruption, too long to shutdown. and etc. how to fix this?

thanks
bobby

A:Solved: Takes minute to load after welcome message

Please post the computer model and Windows OS next time. For a start, Try startup repair and Checkdisk repair.
http://www.w7forums.com/threads/how-to-use-chkdsk-check-disk.448/
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows7/products/features/startup-repair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-takes-minute-to-load-after-welcome-message.1112378/
Relevancy 65.79%

I can t be quot certain quot that this is the work of a trojan or virus but the amount of crap that has reset of or time comes the services out Windows standby~ computer on each suddenly ish befallen my computer Windows services reset each time the computer comes on or out of standby~ leads me to believe that it is Recently within the past two weeks my computer has slowly been adding to a list of services that reset or turn off each time I turn on the computer or open it from standby Currently using Dell Inspiron running Windows XP SP running up-to-date spyware doctor which removed trojans recently did not fix any problems Current problems Themes turns off reverts to classic window frames and toolbar DHCP turns off Woo no internet Wireless Zero Configuration turns off Not a huge issue but a slight annoyance From time to time when visiting a site that I frequent a new tab will open in Firefox for what would normally be a popup all options are set to make popups in new windows and block spam popups My sound device driver deletes itself or disappears mysteriously upon restarting the computer Standby doesn t affect it I m not an internet or computer novice though I m not quite as knowledgeable as I d like I ve tried several Windows services reset each time the computer comes on or out of standby~ anti-virus anti-spyware programs and attempted many things suggested by other forums though the solutions often only touch on the surface problems such as downloading a new driver for my sound system which makes it work until I restart again I believe that s all at this time Here s a fresh HJT log- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SavService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe Windows services reset each time the computer comes on or out of standby~ C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bradford Networks Persistent Agent bndaemon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SAVAdminService exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALsvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS OEM Mon exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Bradford Networks Persistent Agent bncsaui exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C Program Files Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM CPSHelpRunner exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox f... Read more

A:Windows services reset each time the computer comes on or out of standby~

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-services-reset-each-time-the-computer-comes-on-or-out-of-standby.928802/
Relevancy 65.79%

I get the message quot Windows system services services exe quot at start up twice Browser previously hijacked by coolsearch etc I already ran CWShredder Below is my log Note I altered the domain name in last values for security reasons Also Acrobat no longer opens PDF files within Internet Explorer Thank you in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at Windows\system32\services\services.exe message start [Solved] up at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet [Solved] Windows\system32\services\services.exe message at start up Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System ofps exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System pctspk exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk SharpTray exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk sdFTP exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Downloads Spy amp Spam HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www coolsearch biz F - win ini run C WINDOWS System services services exe O - BHO no name - DD-C E- -AF -DD C C - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - DE E - - D - B - E C FAF - C WINDOWS browserhelper dll O - BHO no name - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files Corel WordPerfect Office Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Device Detector quot C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run SharpTray quot C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk SharpTray exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Start Network Scanner Tool lnk C Program Files Sharp Sharpdesk sdFTP exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Plugin for mpeg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for mpg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF D - - - - AA B - http download microsoft com download F E F E A - E - E - F F- C wmv VCM CAB... Read more

A:[Solved] Windows\system32\services\services.exe message at start up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-system32-services-services-exe-message-at-start-up.228754/
Relevancy 65.36%

I got a virus from a program I tried to run It is slowing down my computer and causing pop-ups to appear It s an extreme annoyance especially because I have to write a paper now so I m desperately trying to get rid of it The problem is that it is disabling all of my Antivirus software In the past if I suspected anything is Virus disabling of software all my antivirus Superantispyware would do the trick immediately Now I cannot update it and any Virus is disabling all of my antivirus software scans I run with it pick up viruses but deleting them never works All antivirus websites are blocked as if redirected in the Hosts file except they aren t in the Hosts file I downloaded Spybot HijackThis Avast and Malwarebytes from download com Spybot ran but didn t do anything Avast will not even install Malwarebytes installs but when it scans it stops halfway and then closes and then uninstalls itself HijackThis will install but when it scans the same thing happens The virus is actually uninstalling my antivirus software and Virus is disabling all of my antivirus software hence I have no HijackThis log I don t have System Restore turned on I don t get pop-ups in Safe Mode but the virus has put web shortcuts on my desktop and a false notification box appeared despite the security of Safe Mode What s going on Thank you in advance it is MUCH appreciated edit RootRepeal also installs but closes when I try to run it edit I ran a Microsoft IE-based scanner and it seemed to be going well until it suddenly closed I tried to open up IE again and now I cannot access it

A:Virus is disabling all of my antivirus software

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257642/virus-is-disabling-all-of-my-antivirus-software/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am giving my old Windows 95 PC to my grandaughter. What FREE anti virus software can I put in it before handing it over? I have done some research and haven't found any that is compatible with this OS.Any suggestions?

4dsmom

A:Solved: Virus Software for Windows 95

Avast claims to work on all versions of Windows ....... http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-virus-software-for-windows-95.776343/
Relevancy 64.5%

In the past couple of months my laptop has been acting strange It started with my USB mouse not working It would work to Windows load doesn't want 7 one minute then not the next and I would have to unplug Windows 7 doesn't want to load and put it into a different USB port until it quit working altogether but worked fine in another computer After the mouse incident it started something different I'd leave the room with a webpage open and come back to a screen saying windows wouldn't load and to either system restore or use the other option for it to fix the windows problem System restore will not work it says the files are not existant and the other option doesn't work either I get a 'windows start up has failed do you want to send a report to microsoft ' and that will not work either I have to press restart over and over and over and it will not load windows So I have to shut it down and wait awhile before I can attempt to start it up again Somethings it works and sometimes it doesn't and I have to do it all over again As time goes by i notice it s getting more frequent Can anyone shed some light on this for me THe laptop is only three years old It's an Acer Aspire Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 doesn't want to load

Do you have an Antivirus installed?

Run DDS and post the log here please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/dds/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510550/windows-7-doesnt-want-to-load/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have recently installed Windows XP Pro (I had several problems while doing so, as it kept freezing mid-installation, but i eventually managed to install it). Anyway, now that I've installed it, it doesn't load upto the welcome screen - it gets to a screen saying "welcome", but doesn't go beyond to the welcome screen with all the user names etc. It only loads in safe mode. Could anyone please help me?

A:Windows doesn't load up

Hi and welcome to TSG.
Boot from Xp Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose your Windows installation typically by pressing [1]
Press [Return] when prompted for a password.
Type..chkdsk /r [note space]
Press Return.
Windows will fix errors..when finished>type Exit> and press Return.
Let us know the result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load-up.491441/
Relevancy 64.5%

hi! i'm new here.i have a problem with my windows sp. my windows doesn't load, there's just a windows starting sound and wallpaper loaded. when i open windows task manager, it shows something like this. http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=u...led1copykx3.jpgbut it's not every time i turn on my notebook. and sometimes windows starting very slowly, and cannot connect to the internet (LAN).and if it runs ok, it would be a pop up, i think of the LAN. http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1tr0.jpgwhat can i do?thank you.

A:Windows Doesn't Load

In Task Manager - go to File, then to New Task. Type in "explorer.exe" (wihout the quotes) and press Enter.Does this restore your desktop? Also, try iexplore.exe to see if you can bring up Internet Explorer. If you can, then go immediately to http://safety.live.com and perform the free online scan.The second image is an alert telling you that the site that you're trying to visit doesn't have a valid security certificate. It's a caution for you - so if you don't know what site it is - don't go there!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68718/windows-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 64.5%

This is in response to Broni s request and judgment to repost my problem here As he suspected after running a GMER test it may indeed be a malware problem It started a while back with not much info to go on Well Firefox froze one time But rather than just Firefox freezing the whole laptop froze so I Load Windows Doesn't eventually forced rebooted it However upon doing so the laptop was suddenly very slow but that wasn t the biggest issue The issue was that it wouldn t go past the wallpaper Now it doesn t get even past the welcome screen I can get into safe mode but I can t Windows Doesn't Load use the internet from there as my internet involves an old Speedtouch USB modem that requires software that doesn t load in safe mode That means of course that even though I have MBAM or McAfee on there I can t update it Also system restore doesn t work at all I ve ran DDS and Gmer Here are the logs First - DDS txtDDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Norton On-access scanning enabled Updated A F BC C-EA - - C- C FW Norton enabled C A - A C- AD -A E - C FBF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp vcl vaio sony co jp eu PforVAIO htmBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO ContributeBHO Class c dc - - a a- d-c c - d program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO NCO IE BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c progra common symant ids IPSBHO dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Show Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser CoIEPlg dllTB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllTB Contribute Toolbar bdde -e a - -b e- b b fc - d program files adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dllEB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - d program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEmRun Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXEmRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNCmRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNCmRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMENamemRun SonyPowerCfg c program files sony vaio power management SPMgr exemRun ISBMgr exe c program files sony isb utility ISBMgr exemRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun osCheck quot c program files norton osCheck exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun Adobe ID EYTHM c progra common adobe adobev server bin VERSIO EXEmRun SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot c program files thomson speedtouch usb Dragdiag exe quot iconmRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot d program files itunes iTu... Read more

A:Windows Doesn't Load

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336374/windows-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 64.5%

After having some problems, I have reinstalled windows normally, everything seemed going smoothly, but while the pre installation was loading, at around 80% i started to get these messages: impossible to copy the file logonui.exe , drmcien.dll , drmv2clt.dll
so I ignored these files, the pre installation finished, then I didn the actual installation, but... something happened.
When windows starts up now, it enters in an infinite loop, it starts, but then rather than loading the OS, it goes in the start page again (the one where i am asked if i want win 2k or xp) it keeps on starting over again but... the OS doesn't load....
what can I do?

A:windows doesn't load...??

Hi,

Are you trying a reinstall. repair install, or a clean format and install? This might help to know what the problem might be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load.362447/
Relevancy 64.5%

my win7 doesn't load after the "starting windows" page.

re-installed it so i can't even go into safe mode because it says it needs to be in normal operating mode to resume installation.

it was working fine one day and at the next boot up, it won't load anymore.

help anyone?

A:windows doesn't load

Quote: Originally Posted by jaytang

my win7 doesn't load after the "starting windows" page.

re-installed it so i can't even go into safe mode because it says it needs to be in normal operating mode to resume installation.

it was working fine one day and at the next boot up, it won't load anymore.

help anyone?

what build are you running? did you add any hardware or software that could be the culprit? do you know how to repair your installation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14009-windows-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 64.5%

when I turn on my computer I immediately get a series of colored vertical lines. I cannpt get it to enter setup or safe mode. I have sitched monitors, but same thing happens.

Has anybody encountered this before? All assistance would be appreciated...

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi. I'm having issues getting Windows to load up. It hangs after that "Windows XP" screen with the loading bar. I'm able to load into Safe Mode normally.

I've tried System Restoring to several points with no luck. I've also tried booting up without the services and startup running, no good.

Any help would be appreciated...let me know what other info you need. I have Service Pack 2.

A:Windows doesn't load up

bump

For the record, I have XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load-up.568933/
Relevancy 64.5%

hi all,

not sure what's wrong, it's been since yesterday that my PC won't start. The first thing I did was to use the windows start CD and followed the procedure suggested here http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win7-windows-7-mbr,10036.html

I went on the BIOS changed the Hard drive BBS to the SSD, and normal HHD, nothing..
oi reboted from the CD i did select the command prompt recovery tool, and
executed the bootrec.exe /FixMbr, which worked, but then the PC still doesn't load windows....

Any input is welcome, thank you!

A:windows doesn't load

Hi number,

What did you do the day/night before the PC stopped booting? Any software or hardware changes?

Also, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

What is the furthest screen you get to when booting up the PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-load.1143454/
Relevancy 64.5%

The same thing happenend to me this morning. So is the computer is toast? What about the files, music, photo's, etc. Can they be saved?

A:Windows doesn't load

Please let us know the symptoms and what led up to this event.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176313/windows-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello all I have a virus problem and am getting a little depressed about the whole situation I have never got a virus I can t get rid of before I am tempted to just re-install Windows The virus which seems to infiltrated my PC through a web page is re-directing my browser at random to websites such as Scour com and Pharmastores and others and has managed to disable Windows Disabling Virus Please - Update Windows Help! and More Update Virus Disabling Windows Update and More - Please Help! I get receiving error code Error EFE I have tried practically every scan known - AVG LavaSoft Spybot Avast Avir ComboFix etc and nothing picks it up I have run a HiJackThis scan and recorded a log Any help would be much much appreciated Many many thanks MarkHere is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm Virus Disabling Windows Update and More - Please Help! exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system taskmgr exeC Windows regedit exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C Windows system GPhotos scr O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLLO - DPF - E - C-A - B SysData Class - https wimpro cce hp com ChatEntry downloads sysinfo cabO - DPF F C-E A- C-B - B ABEEAC HP Download Manager - https h www hp com ediags dex secure HPDEXAXO cabO - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cabO - DPF F ACF C-C C- B- BEF- B D - http ccfiles creative com Web softwareup CTPID cabO - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A... Read more

A:Virus Disabling Windows Update and More - Please Help!

All is okay. I have run the TDSS Rootkit Killer by Kaspersky and it has got the bugger! Finally!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331889/virus-disabling-windows-update-and-more-please-help/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there I found this site when trying to figure out what's going on with my laptop and I'm glad I did I'll try to be as detailed as I can about what has been happening but I might not know all the technical wording thanks for your patience Anti-Virus Disabling From Running? What's Software in advance The main problem is something I noticed over the past week or two I started getting annoyed that I couldn't seem to download and install the Windows malicious software removal update released recently Oct I think I didn't really think too much about it until I tried to scan the computer with Avira today It looked like the scan had completed and had found something it wanted to get rid of but before I could see what it was What's Disabling Anti-Virus Software From Running? the program quit without taking any action I tried to restart the scan but the scanner program didn't respond I then tried to download install other antivir programs one by one deactivating others before activating another three in all and no luck I'd get an error saying something about not having the right permissions or the file was gone I did try renaming the exe files and starting them but none of the simple ideas I had got any of the programs to start Not even trying to run the programs after starting up in safe mode worked I still got all the same errors Not sure if this has any connection but I've noticed the start up restart time for the laptop has slowed considerably I did read the sticky on what to do before posting for help but I wasn't able to run any of the copies of the DDS file I would double-click and the black box would pop up for half a second and then shut back down I was able to run the GEMR program though and it's attached Thanks in advance for any help that you might have for me Of course I'll be subscribing to this thread and should be able to respond fairly quickly - I'm on Pacific time California FYI

A:What's Disabling Anti-Virus Software From Running?

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

and rename it to pacific.exe before saving it to your desktop.

Double click on the renamed ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished it will produce a log at C:\ComboFix.txt for you
Please include the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/whats-disabling-anti-virus-software-from-running-424204.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I've never posted anywhere like this before so I'm not entirely sure what to say but I've heard great things about this forum and I was hoping someone could help me with this really frustrating problem I'm having with my computer About a week or so ago my McAfee scan reported that I had a trojan by my disabling software Something constantly anti-virus is the name of new malware aj At first I was unable to delete it but it eventually allowed itself to be ostensibly destroyed Everything seemed fine for a couple of days but then my McAfee stopped working again A scan didn't reveal the trojan but subsequent other scans TrojanHunter SpyBot etc showed I had a whole host of other problems in addition to this one I've done everything I feel comfortable doing by myself to rectify this problem and nothing's really worked I would be really grateful if someone could help me Here's my HijackThis report thing Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software and I have the Panda scan as well if that would help Thank you so so much in advance and I apologize if I've done anything wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software system svchost Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system atwtusb exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS sm hlpr exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C Program Files PayPal PayPal Virtual Debit Card PayPalVDC exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA PayPal PAYPAL PPBroker exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files InterMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents an... Read more

A:Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software

Bump...please and thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/something-is-constantly-disabling-my-anti-virus-software-209978.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
I have a problem with my Videocamera: when I plug the videocamera to my PC, it doesn't succeed to link to its software for the capture of videos and images. What could the problem be?
Where should I start to fix the problem?
thanks!

A:camera doesn't find the software...

What software would that be it is supposed to connect to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/camera-doesnt-find-the-software.177224/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have a fake windows virus software virus Fake software [SOLVED] windows where it tries to convince you to buy after doing a fake scan It is also stopping me open any programs whilst it is [SOLVED] Fake windows virus software running so I have stopped it [SOLVED] Fake windows virus software using rkill I have posted attached the required logs for you Thanks in advance for your help P S I am also having a problem with internet explorer where it will not show any web pages it just comes up with a message quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot and asks me to diagnose connection problems Could this be related to the spyware problem I have or is this unrelated Firefox works fine Opera is the same as IE Thanks Dom DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dom and Claire at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe D Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe D Program Files Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe D Program Files SMART Board Software SMARTBoardService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc D Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE D Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe D Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE D Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe D Program Files Linksys Linksys Wireless Manager LinksysWirelessManager exe D Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Itunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware f - e b- a -afe -e d exe D Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe D My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - d program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PlaySushi b - f- dcb- - daca dced - d program files playsushi PSText dll BHO CIEDownload Object bcf - fc- - dc -d d e a b - d program files smart board software NotebookPlugin dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - d program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware d program files superantispyware f - e b- a -afe -e d exe uRun DAEMON Tools Lite quot d program files daemon tools lite daemon exe quot -autorun uRun pvwrjyhd d documents and settings dom and claire local settings application data jafxvutsv gfbcqpkshdw exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun nmctxth quot d program files common files pure networks shared platform nmctxth exe quot mRun Linksys Wireless Mana... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Fake windows virus software

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I?ve given you the ?All clear.? Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.
Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
Link 1
Link 2

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this linkDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

Please include the following in your next post:ComboFix log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-fake-windows-virus-software-510809.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So I read this could be my CMOS battery but I want to be sure.

My computer can't keep the time. I can sync it, and in about two hours it's off again. If I restart the computer after sleep mode, it is REALLY off, as if it wasn't able to keep time at all. Is there a way to check if there's a software problem, and, how expensive/hard is it to install a new one? I built my computer from parts so I assume that as long as this is not super complicated or expensive I could handle it.

Thoughts?  

A:Windows doesn't keep the time.

A low battery could do exactly what you're saying.  A CMOS battery is bigger than a watch battery, but easy to replace, usually.  Check this out:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

Best of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537547/windows-doesnt-keep-the-time/
Relevancy 64.07%

The other night we had a power outage. The next morning I booted my computer only to get the "Windows Repair" or "Start Normally" options. I chose Normal to begin. Windows never loaded after almost an hour. I shut down and chose Repair the second time. Windows loaded files but never booted into windows after even a couple hours of letting it sit. I bought a new harddrive thinking that might be the problem. I've tried booting from the Win 7 DVD on both the old and new drive. I get to the "Starting Windows" screen and it just sits there on both drives. I've let it set for as much as 4 hours. I've looked through the forums but have not found this exact problem. I've tried the AVG boot disk and it crashes also. Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Load from Harddrive or DVD

Quote: Originally Posted by LogMae

The other night we had a power outage. The next morning I booted my computer only to get the "Windows Repair" or "Start Normally" options. I chose Normal to begin. Windows never loaded after almost an hour. I shut down and chose Repair the second time. Windows loaded files but never booted into windows after even a couple hours of letting it sit. I bought a new harddrive thinking that might be the problem. I've tried booting from the Win 7 DVD on both the old and new drive. I get to the "Starting Windows" screen and it just sits there on both drives. I've let it set for as much as 4 hours. I've looked through the forums but have not found this exact problem. I've tried the AVG boot disk and it crashes also. Any ideas?

After 3 days of searching through the forums I finally tested my memory. I had ONE bad stick of RAM. After removal...it works fine.

Use the mem test that is linked in these forums.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183268-windows-7-doesnt-load-harddrive-dvd.html
Relevancy 64.07%

First off sorry if someone has already posted with this issue I am a strong believer of quot if you Windows Doesn't Load Explorer can't find it on Google you'll never find it quot but this is Windows Explorer Doesn't Load really starting to get on my nerves a bit Windows Explorer Doesn't Load as I've spent hours of my time trying to get to the bottom of it times out of when i open an explorer window whether it be 'My Computer' from both desktop shortcut and start menu shortcut or control panel devices and printers etc I get a blank window The green loading bar at the top slowly progresses through and then hangs towards the end I once left it for hours to no effect I was wondering if you guys had any idea on what the issue could be and how i could fix it If i restart my machine it fixes the issue briefly then starts again I have found a work around however If i open my computer then right click the 'My Computer' shortcut on the right hand tool bar and click 'Open in new window' explorer opens perfectly and then works for about half an hour before breaking again Hopefully you all have enough information and some genius out there will solve what i could not Thanks guys

A:Windows Explorer Doesn't Load

As a side note. I tried to replicate the issue in safe mode and as far as i'm aware, there wasn't one... But obviously the screen res was making my eyes implode, so i couldn't stay like that for too long.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-doesnt-load-646785.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi nbsp i have E Decided to upgrade to SSD GB and use HDD TB as a second drive ... SSD from Windows is HDD doesn't mounted load when that is mounted using nbsp caddy some cheap chinese model with a lot Windows doesn't load from SSD when HDD is mounted ... of good reviews Unfortunately i have faced a problem If i have only SSD pluged in windows work just fine but if i mount caddy BIOS can see that there is second drive but Windows doesn't load it's stuck in the loading screen and stays like that forever at least min TBH nbsp nbsp What i have tried - nbsp mounting caddy when windows is already loaded yeah not very smart but it doesn't show up in device manager even though green light on caddy is on - pluging in HDD as external storage with SATA-USB adaptor This way it works fine I've formated it and mounted using caddy Nothing changed - searching for different SATA drivers but there are none - messing with BIOS setting but there are no setting related with this issue - deleting Intel rapid storage technology drivers it helped for someone with B series but there were no IRST on my system nbsp can it be that motherboard can't deal with SATA-type torage that exceeds TB nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Windows-doesn-t-load-from-SSD-when-HDD-is-mounted-using-caddy/td-p/3379641
Relevancy 64.07%

Lately when I boot my computer opens, but it doesn't connect to the internet and my icons do not appear in the tool bar. This forces me to do a hard shut down and reboot (restart just hangs up and never restarts). Has anyone experienced similar problems or is this unique to my five year old PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-doesnt-fully-load.1166540/
Relevancy 64.07%

I was about to play a game yesterday While the game was loading the screen flashed many different colors and made a weird sound I hit the reset button and expected to boot back into Windows Windows went through the first load then came to the second with the Windows logo It loaded about - then stopped I returned later and it still had progressed I got a little worried and tried booting into safe mode This did not work I then popped in the Windows install disk and tried repairing it It repaired and I tried rebooting into Windows The same thing happened I repaired again and the same results slapped me in the face I had installed Fedora Linux on an IDE hard drive a week doesn't Linux and load Windows or two before I popped in this hard drive and tried booting into Linux The Fedora blue screen only loaded just a little bit and wouldn t go any further I tried again and the same thing happened I put the Windows hard drive back in and it still wouldn t start I even reinstalled Windows over the current Windows file system Oh yeah when booting Windows say there is a power issue and go into setup I press delete and Windows and Linux doesn't load enter the bios Under the power control there is a v or something and it s in red It s like or something Is this something with the power supply Could it be a video card issue I need Windows and Linux doesn't load your help very much PC Info Antec Solutions case with antec power supply Asus A V gb Seagate SATA hard drive - Windows gb Western Digital A friend s - Linux GeForce ti mb x AGP video card mb PC DDR SDRAm nbsp Windows and Linux doesn't load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-and-linux-doesnt-load.204197/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
I have tried everything in order to get my Windows 8 store to load so I can upgrade to 8.1.
Nothing seems to work, I have tried a clean boot, resetting settings, change date/time, clear proxy etc.
The weird thing is IE works in desktop mode but doesn't work in metro mode.
Does this have something to do with it?
I am at a loss and it is very annoying!
Thanks,
Terry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2b1c4571-44ea-4a1c-ade5-a5c91fac16a2/windows-8-store-doesnt-load?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I ve got Windows XP and when I boot up all I get is the desktop background windows explorer doesn t load up I ve searched for similar problems and some have found that it is possible to manually start explorer but if I ctrl alt delete I get the task manager but when I go to file gt new XP Explorer.exe Windows doesn't load with task and enter explorer exe Windows cannot find the file I ve looked in the windows folders but explorer exe appears to have vanished If I start in safe mode I get the same problem I ve tried system restore via msconfig but there are no restore points other than with today s date When I tried to restore to this it said it was not possible I ve downloaded hijack this via my laptop here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C WINDOWS system Explorer.exe doesn't load with Windows XP taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Explorer.exe doesn't load with Windows XP Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - Explorer.exe doesn't load with Windows XP REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run PRISMSVR EXE quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch SpeedTouch g Wireless USB Monitor PRISMSVR EXE quot APPLY O - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheMode O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C W... Read more

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all,
I've been having start-up problems. Whenever I put on my laptop, it loads to the place where I put in my password and doesn't load the desktop. It simply displays a dark/black screen with my cursor only. I have to keep forcing a shutdown and rebooting hoping my desktop will load. Meaning once it gets to my user account screen and I put in my password, it attempts to load me into the desktop screen but I end up with my cursor and a blank screen. But in safemode, the desktop loads alright. Any suggestions please?

A:my windows desktop doesn't load.

Quote: Originally Posted by Donmoj

Hi all,
I've been having start-up problems. Whenever I put on my laptop, it loads to the place where I put in my password and doesn't load the desktop. It simply displays a dark/black screen with my cursor only. I have to keep forcing a shutdown and rebooting hoping my desktop will load. Meaning once it gets to my user account screen and I put in my password, it attempts to load me into the desktop screen but I end up with my cursor and a blank screen. But in safemode, the desktop loads alright. Any suggestions please?

looks like the user profile settings are amiss. I would first try a system restore to see if you can get it back to operating normally. Click start, go to accessories; then to system tools; then to system restore and see what the most recent restore point is before this started happening and i would tell it to restore back to that point. (i hope im on the right path here with this answer)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316415-my-windows-desktop-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My niece was having issues with her laptop and gave it to me to clean up. After looking through things it looks like it has a some virus that won't allow Defender to load and hijacks all her browsers. Here is the sysinfo printout:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 48 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3512 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R3 Graphics, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466892 MB, Free - 406659 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., Inspiron 3541
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

A:Laptop with virus disabling Windows Defender

Hi siamhien,
-----------------------------------------------------------
Download and Run the Farbar Scan Tool

Download FRST64 and save to your Desktop.

Double click Frst64.exe to launch it.
FRST64 will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press the Scan button.
When finished scanning, 2 logs will open on your Desktop, FRST.txt and Addition.txt
Please post them in your next reply.

If you lose track of them, they will be saved in the same location as FRST64.exe
Feel free to use separate replies if it's more convenient.

askey127

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-with-virus-disabling-windows-defender.1157413/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi

I have brand new Dell Studio 1555 Notebook having Windows 7 Home Premium. The load time of Windows is long up to 2 minutes from last 2 days. I have disabled many application which were not very necessary from start up using msconfig. But if is still slow. How can I solve this issue.

A:Windows load time

Quote: Originally Posted by abidshahzad4u

Hi

I have brand new Dell Studio 1555 Notebook having Windows 7 Home Premium. The load time of Windows is long up to 2 minutes from last 2 days. I have disabled many application which were not very necessary from start up using msconfig. But if is still slow. How can I solve this issue.

What was it before? what has changed to make it slower? did you install apps, or other things

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/87133-windows-load-time.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Vista Admin Acct / User problem disablingMobileMe Services add-in in Outlook:
Ultimately trying to disable the MobileMe add-in inOutlook. Always get msg that this is anAdmin function even though I’m logged in as an Administrator. HOW do I achieve this when Outlook doesn’tsee me as the PC Administrator? Ideally,I want to delete the Apple Mobile Me thing. The following is what I quite often see when Igo into Outlook: “Mobile Me services hasstopped working” “AppleSyncPref.exe: Entry Point not found. Theprocedure entry point objc_exception_try_enter could not be located in the dynamic link library objc.dll”. Ithink it is ALL related to iCloud which I want to get rid of also. Does any of this make sense? Your time and assistance are appreciated. Remember, am not a tech guy!

A:Solved: Vista Admin Acct / User problem disabling MobileMe Services add-in in Outlook

Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and see if that program can be un-installed from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-admin-acct-user-problem-disabling-mobileme-services-add-in-in-outlook.1128973/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, i'm having an issue with Windows 7 Pro Updates. When i search new updates, Windows Update remains in perpetual research without any error message.
Any suggestion?

Thank you, Gaetano

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/673d8f94-3385-4f52-8d9e-e1e2326b5919/windows-7-doesnt-find-any-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello reader

Yesterday, I have upgraded a computer from windows XP to windows 7 Home Premium. This was because for some reason, he got stuck to go to the windows loading screen. (It wouldn't find the OS probably, I don't know why or how). I installed Windows 7 on another partition so that the files on the partition which held the windows XP wouldn't be removed. Now the installation was succesfull, but whenever I now try to go to the partition which held the windows XP, it says that there are no files in it, but it does say that there is only 6.53GB out of 48 GB free. I don't know directly how to fix this, so any help would be appreciated.

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-doesnt-find-files.1091404/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am facing BSOD 7 two microsoft services. problem avast by BSOD software and windows problem for many times it happens randomly so i can't figured out that what is actual problem please kindly give me solution I have ran some utilities well known on internet and got some results which can give information but i can't understand it But i found possible three problems from nirsoft BSOD Blue screen view utility are Filename aswMonFlt sys Address In Stack aswMonFlt sys edb From Address x dc To Address x dfe Product Name BSOD problem by avast software and two microsoft windows 7 services. avast Antivirus System File Description avast File System Minifilter for Windows Vista Filename fltmgr sys Address In Stack fltmgr sys e e From Address x To Address x d Product Name Microsoft BSOD problem by avast software and two microsoft windows 7 services. Windows Operating System File Description Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager Filename ntkrnlpa exe Address In BSOD problem by avast software and two microsoft windows 7 services. Stack ntkrnlpa exe From Address x c c To Address x c Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System File Description NT Kernel amp System Detail about my laptop Windows Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Language English India ID Common Devices System Name Compaq Presario CQ - TU Notebook PC Processor Name Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz BIOS Name Default System BIOS Video card Name Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Video card Name Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Installed Memory GB Default Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Installed Programs Number of Installed Programs Number of Running Processes Internet Explorer Version DirectX Version DirectX MS Office Version CPU Properties Physical Processors Logical Processors Name Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Description x Family Model Stepping Manufacturer GenuineIntel Frequency MHz External Clock Frequency MHz Processor ID BFEBFBFF - FD Code Name Merom Motherboard Manufacturer Compal Product Version Serial Number CND Ports Slots BIOS Details Name Default System BIOS Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Version F Copyright HPQOEM - Date Size KB Generic PnP Monitor properties Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Manufacturer Standard monitor types Monitor Type Generic PnP Monitor Resolution Pixels per Logical Inch x Screen Size x Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Adapter Name Mobile Intel R GMA MHD Chipset Name Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Video Memory MB Compatibility Intel Corporation DAC Type Internal Architecture VGA Current Resolution x Current Color Mode bits per pixel Refresh Rate Hz Current Scan Mode Non-interlaced BIOS Name Intel Video BIOS BIOS Version Hardware Version BIOS Date Pixel Shader Version Vertex Shader Version WDDM Supported Yes Installed Drivers igdumdx dll igd umd dll igd umd dll Driver Date Driver Version INF File Name oem inf INF Section iCNT Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Chipset Name Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Compatibility Intel Corporation Architecture VGA BIOS Version Hardware Version BIOS Date Installed Drivers igdumdx dll igd umd dll igd umd dll Driver Date Driver Version INF File Name oem inf INF Section iCNT Broadcom g Network Adapter Adapter Type Ethernet Manufacturer Broadcom Product Name Broadcom g Network Adapter Service Name BCM XX Adapter Index Interface Index Physical Adapter Yes Installed Yes Speed Bit sec Network Connection ID Wireless Network Connection Network Connection GUID F -D - -B CF- C B C Network Connection Status Media disconnected Network Enabled No Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Adapter Type Ethernet Manufacturer Realtek Product Name Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Service Name RTL Adapter Index Interface Index Physical Adapter Yes Installed Yes Speed Bit sec Network Connection ID Local Area Connection Network Connection GUID A - D - FA- - A E D D Network Connection Status Media disconnected Netw... Read more

A:BSOD problem by avast software and two microsoft windows 7 services.

You only uploaded one DMP and that one was caused by your Avast. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials and upload the rest of the DMPS.
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193140-bsod-problem-avast-software-two-microsoft-windows-7-services.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Suddenly Symantec Live Update is giving an error message saying that there are no products on my machine it can update. I've removed it and reinstalled it to no avail. Any ideas?

Relevancy 63.64%

I've looked it all up and tried everything, but in the one place I need it, it won't let me press apply so I can't get it to work. This is really annoying and I'd really like to disable it because I use my computer to draw a lot. Please help...

A:Help disabling the 'turn off after 1 minute of inactivity' option?

What's turning off? Please, elaborate.

John

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56894-help-disabling-turn-off-after-1-minute-inactivity-option.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I had my laptop running last night and I woke up this morning and my computer was frozen It wasn't the quot blue screen of death quot load 64-bit 7 Windows suddenly doesn't anymore!! as many mention as it was simply frozen but when I turned it back on and continue to turn it back on it gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot without even proceeding to the Windows log-in screen Next when I launch a quot system repair quot it goes through the process but freezes in the blue quot system repair quot screen without even showing anything just Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!! the blue background sunshine screen and is just Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!! stuck there under quot Advanced Boot Options quot the quot Last Known Good Configuration quot gives me no luck either I then try quot Safe Mode quot and under quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot it freezes while quot Loading Windows Files quot and the last file driver it shows is windows system DRIVERS AtiPcie sys Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!! I don't know what else to do I have a Windows -bit boot disc but this is my small laptop which doesn't have a CD DVD drive I can use my USB drive if necessary but I attempted to do that but maybe there is some special way I must install it on my USB drive Otherwise I am completely stuck and I am hoping someone can help me out this is driving me crazy Thanks again in advance

A:Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!!

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

For better help with problems, Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
System Info - See Your System Specs

Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/187658-windows-7-64-bit-suddenly-doesnt-load-anymore.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My Inspiron Windows 8, Start up repairs keeps launching, windows will not load. Its in this cycle until battery dies. Any help. My system is still under warranty. 

A:Startup keeps launching, windows doesn't load

Please list your Dell model. Example: Dell Inspiron 3543
By the way, you tried some of the troubleshooting steps in the link below:
Windows 8 struck in auto-repair loop

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19678984
Relevancy 63.21%

I am posting from my phone using voice to text so please bear with me. Here is what I was doing prior to being unable to load windows:
I was ripping one of my DVDs into an MP4 file using a software from brorsoft. I have been using this software for about a year. It crashes once in a while but other than that never has created any system issues.
After I downloaded AVG antivirus when I thought I had a virus and then turned out that it was not a virus I had trouble removing the AVG antivirus here's where the problem started.
I tried uninstalling AVG antivirus in safe mode but an error occurred so I'm not quite sure if the uninstall completed successfully. After that I have not been able to load windows and whenever I restart my computer it crashes just prior to loading windows XP and restarts the boot cycle over and over again.

A:Windows XP doesn't load and boot cycles over and over

Tap F8 at boot and select Disable Auto-Startup on System Failure. Reboot and see what error if any is shown on the Blue Screen if there is one. You may also want to try "Use Last Known Good Configuration" in the Advanced Boot Options.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608089/windows-xp-doesnt-load-and-boot-cycles-over-and-over/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a basic hp deskjet d1660. The file downloads fine, extracts and nothing. Ran Combofix, it found infections and resolved but I still can not load my printer. I have tried manually also with no results. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on a gateway laptop. Plenty of memory on this computer. I have an espon scanner installed no prob and the printer is loaded on 2 other laptops no problem.
Thank for any help.

Kim

A:Windows doesn't load printer driver

Combofix should be used as part of a malware removal process, not as a standalone tool. The probability that you are still infected with malware is extremely high.

I suggest you follow this guide to create a malware removal thread.

TsVk!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560226/windows-doesnt-load-printer-driver/
Relevancy 63.21%

So I recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM, and CPU. After doing some quick adjustments in the BIOS, I attempted to load into Windows to make sure everything was correct. Upon the Windows loading up, the logo freezes for a second, a BSOD appears (which I cannot read as it disappears within a fraction of a second) and the computer restarts.

I've already gone through a couple of passes using Memtest without any errors, so I think the RAM can be ruled out. I was hoping I could get advice on how to prevent the computer from restarting so I can see the BSOD and further provide information depending on the error.

A:Computer Upgrade - Windows Doesn't Load

You may or may not know this, but when upgrading the motherboard and CPU, it's best to do a fresh install of Windows. When moving to a brand new motherboard (specifically of a different model, same with CPU), Windows sometimes won't be able to load due to the configuration change.

If you can get around this, there's still the off chance of performance issues and just a whole mess of things. I would recommend a brand new Windows install, as it should be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221416-computer-upgrade-windows-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I had an E-machine that I had Windows XP on OEM CD Windows changes hardware load XP doesn't major after direct from Microsoft I took the hard drive CD-Rom drive and DVD drive out and put them in a new Antec Sonata II case with a watt PS ASUS A N X motherboard Athlon CPU PNY GeForce PCI-E graphics card and Windows XP doesn't load after major hardware changes a Mitsumi in floppy My problem is that after power on and making the neccessary BIO S update and Windows XP doesn't load after major hardware changes changes the next screen gives a choice of windows startups because of significant hardware changes rememember I the old hard drives with windows is still there If I choose quot normal startup quot mode I get a loop that reboots the computer and takes me back to the same screen The same thing happens the second time I choose quot normal startup quot It loops again but this time it locks up my keyboard unlocks if I turn the machine off and back on Ditto on the choices for quot Last known good configuration quot and quot Safe quot mode I have even tried reloading windows from my CD but it locks up on the Black windows logo screen Can anyone help me before I have to through good money after bad by calling Microsoft microcrap nbsp

A:Windows XP doesn't load after major hardware changes

If you have replaced the Motherboard unless it is exactly the same as the old one then you will have to re-install Windows other wise it won't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-doesnt-load-after-major-hardware-changes.543457/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi http windowsupdate microsoft com results in quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot Different IE pages open randomly while browsing the web Defenitely the sign of some virus I have XP Pro SP and IE Under IE s tools gt options gt Connection gt LAN settings I found a proxy server setup I erased those entries but it did not help either I scanned and removed everything with most recent versions os Malewarebytes SuperAntiSpyware CCleaner Netstat indicates doesn't update load page Windows that I have several ports connected to different IPs I also ran HiJackTHis I m pasting the result below Could some one help please Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Windows update page doesn't load NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Cisco Systems SSL VPN Client agent exeC Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC WINDOWS Explorer Windows update page doesn't load EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files LogMeIn Windows update page doesn't load x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system cmd exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run LogMeIn GUI quot C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF - F E- BAF-AC -CF AA Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client Web Control - https CACHE stc binaries vpnweb cabO - DPF ED -... Read more

A:Windows update page doesn't load

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340350/windows-update-page-doesnt-load/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here.

Panasonic CF-W8 laptop, 3 years old, never had any previous issues. It was fine when I left the house today, but when I came back a few hours later, the screen was black and had text I didn't understand. I rebooted, and it said that Hal.dll was missing.

So I looked online to see how to fix it, but when I rebooted again, the screen simply turned black and stayed black after the initial boot-up. When I check the BIOS, it says "Hard Disk Empty." I tried using the Windows recovery CD, but it says that there's no hard disk.

Does this mean that the hard disk failed? If so, what are the options to get my data? Before shelling out the big bucks for data recovery services, I'd like to see if there's anything else I can do.

Thank you in advance for any help!

A:Windows wouldn't load, now BIOS doesn't see HDD

It may be that the hard disk has failed.
Please try these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

If it's a UEFI system (mostly for WIn8 and later systems), you may have to disable SecureBoot and enable CSM/legacy in order to boot form the disks.

To see if you can recover your data, try slaving it to another computer to copy the data off of it.
If that doesn't work, then we can try data recovery tools before suggesting a data recovery service.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579103/windows-wouldnt-load-now-bios-doesnt-see-hdd/
Relevancy 63.21%

My computer got infected with 'Winsecurity toolbar 2.1' (a spyware) and to fix it, I installed and ran SuperAnti Spyware (reviews say it's good). It then asked me to restart the pc, which I did manually. When it reached the 'click your username to continue' stage, the usernames weren't there. I opened my user with Ctrl+Alt+Del but then only the wallpaper showed up, no icons. I then tried to load it in safe mode but now only the blue screen ('windows is starting up...') appears and it doesn't go any further.

Please find me a solution. ANY help would be highly appreciated...

Many thanks...

A:Why doesn't Windows load (not even in safe mode)?

Once you log in (without any icons)
Do a Ctrl + Alt + Del again
Hopefully Task Manager opens
Click on File-->Run-->explorer.exe

Do your icons now show?

If so, do the following:
Check the Shell value for Winlogon in your registry (start->Run->Regedit). Under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
should show:

Shell REG_SZ explorer.exe

Or download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-windows-load-not-even-in-safe-mode.109699/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hoping someone can help...when I turn on computer it goes to a screen which appears when the computer is shut off incorrectly...that screen gives me choices....

Safe mode
Safe mode with networking
Safe mode with command prompt

Last known good configuration

And

Start windows normally....

None of these seem to work...it just tries to load...gives me the windows logo screen, hp invent logo screen ....then back to the same screen I started with...with all the different choices...

I have an old hp pavilion with windows xp....

What do I do to repair this problem? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

A:HELP! Computer doesn't load windows screen

Any issues prior to the problem at hand? Did you try running a hard drive diagnostic test by connecting it to another working PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454445/help-computer-doesnt-load-windows-screen/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi allMy laptop turns on and the hp logo comes on but then windows doesn't boot up. I've done a hard reset with no luck and I ran the F2 menu Diagnostic, it came back showing a fail on the hard drive short DST check. Failure is number is Q4Q1X3-7T8880-XD7WLK-6OUC03Thanks!!

A:Laptop boots up but windows doesn't load

Hi @Lauren80, welcome to the HP Forums!  I see you have determined the hard drive is no longer functional. As this is not something I can help you to simply fix, I can suggest you replace the hard drive to resolve the issue.  I'd recommend calling in to speak with a phone agent as they can look up your product and may be able to help you to setup an replacement.  What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detectStep 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.I hope this helps. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-boots-up-but-windows-doesn-t-load/td-p/5759976
Relevancy 63.21%

Not sure what caused this I just deleted a bunch of malware spyware files from Maleware Bytes I was hoping someone would be able to help me out with this Here is a HiJack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Keim AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content doesn't 7 Log included) all This Windows way (HiJack load the IE UIPH THG HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go Windows 7 doesn't load all the way (HiJack This Log included) microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R Windows 7 doesn't load all the way (HiJack This Log included) - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Windows 7 doesn't load all the way (HiJack This Log included) Main Start Page http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook FCToolbarURLSearchHook Class - f bf a -cf - de -a da-c d b a - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Helper dll R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Play Pickle Text - F C- E - a a-A - C D - C Program Files x Play Pickle pptl dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Play Pickle - AEB B E-C - a -B - EE C F B - C Program Files x Play Pickle playpicklelib dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO FCTBPos Pos - BFE B CB- F - A - - D B F - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Dogpile Bundle Toolbar - C BDEB - - C -BD -A CCD A - C Program Files x Dogpile Bundle Toolbar Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run WirelessAssistant C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Play Pickle C Program Files x Play Pickle playpickle exe a O - HKLM Run Malwa... Read more

A:Windows 7 doesn't load all the way (HiJack This Log included)

Hi Flicktron.Please follow our Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help, and post the logs requested! Since you're using a 64bit system, there is no need for a Gmer scan - post just the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390579/windows-7-doesnt-load-all-the-way-hijack-this-log-included/
Relevancy 63.21%

hi the other day i went to turn my computer on and it says the starting windows with the glowing windows symbol but the problem is is that it never loads. i have tried startup repair and system restore, but neither have made a difference.
Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 starts buts doesn't load

Have you tried starting in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247029-windows-7-starts-buts-doesnt-load.html
Relevancy 63.21%

After I enter my password for Windows the screen goes black I've tried everything I load doesn't on the Laptop HP Stream Windows could find on the forums to resolve this problem with no success Here are some of the things I did nbsp Turned the power button off holding it down for seconds Immediately after powering it up I pressed the F button repeatedly I got a Recovery message Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop on a light blue screen It said the Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop following between the stars lines nbsp nbsp Your PC needs to be Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop repaired nbsp A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed nbsp Eror code xc nbsp You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like a DIsc or USB device nbsp If you don't have these contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer nbsp nbsp Press ENTER to try againPress F for Startup SettingsPress Esc for UEFI Firmware settings nbsp nbsp I am my own system administrator I did everything with no success I contacted HP The total cost for a year of unlimited support was paid with an initial fee of and a monthly fee of Early cancellation was A one time support fee was nbsp None of these appealed to me as the laptop cost me new It would be cheaper to throw this away and get a new one nbsp Can someone tell me if there is an alternative process to solve my problem If not I will ditch this computer and pay more for a refurbished Mac I am sending this report using nbsp my trusty circa MacBook Pro nbsp nbsp

A:Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop

Hi, if you did not create a recovery USB, you can order one from HP.  This is Windows 8.1 not Windows 10?  You might also try booting into safe mode described here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-doesn-t-load-on-the-HP-Stream-Laptop/td-p/5607506
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,

One day all of the sudden I can't load Windows Media Player. I on the Task Manager to see what happened. Whenever I execute Windows Media Player 11, wmplayer.exe loads but goes off in a second. It's gone! What's happening?

Windows XP Service Pack 2
Windows Media Player 11.0.5721.5145 (WMP_11.061018-2006)
Windows Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16512 (vista_gdr.070625-1522)

A:Windows Media Player doesn't load!

Well, since no one replyed, I uninstalled Windows Media Player to revert to the old one. I went back to Windows Media Player 9 series. When I execute it, (finally) an error message appeared. Well, the issue was an old issue. I googled the error message and solved the problem. Later I installed Windows Media Player 11 again and it was fine.

Solution:
http://xperiencexp.blogspot.com/2005/06/windows-media-player-internal.html

Windows Media Player "An internal application error has occurred"

The Problem:-When you try to start Microsoft Windows Media Player, you may receive an "An internal application error has occurred" (or a similar) error message.

Cause:-This issue may occur if one or more of the Jscript registry key settings are incorrect. This behavior may also occur if the Jscript.dll file is missing or damaged.

Resolution:-

1.Click Start, and then click Run.

2.In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.

3.Click OK.

4.Click Start, and then click Run.

5.In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.

6.Click OK.

If either of the files do not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then click Run.

2.In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.

3.Click Expand File.

4.In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.

5.In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.Note The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD.

6.In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.

7.Click Expand.

8.In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
That's all!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-doesnt-load.629381/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,
I'm having a problem with catalyst drivers. I installed Win7 32-bit yesterday and everything was working fine until I installed catalyst control center, which now causes the system to stay stuck on the blue windows wallpaper without explorer or mouse cursor. I can get to safe mode and perform a system recovery, then I can boot normally. I also tried multiple versions of drivers, but it always does the same thing. Im using Radeon HD5770, Gigabyte P43T-ES3G Mobo, Intel Core2Quad 2,5 GHz (not sure about the exact model number) and 4 GB Ram. Everything worked fine before reinstalling windows and my system specs are exactly the same as they were before. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Windows doesn't load after installing ati drivers.

It could be a dead or faulty graphics card. Is the card correctly installed and all the cables attached including any extra power cables?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/234787-windows-doesnt-load-after-installing-ati-drivers.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok, when i tried to remove a virus by deleting some registrys, i may have deleted some wrong registrys that starts up the computer. When i restarted the computer windows comes up normally but it does not load anything, its just loads the background and nothing else. I tried restarting in safe mode and "using last good configuration" with windows 2000 professional, but it just stays at a blank screen. The only way I can think of fixing this is to create a floppy disk with my other computer to fix the registry, i have no access to the registry though my other computer. Any help?