Windows Support Forum

How to save the installation file for german language pack ?

Q: How to save the installation file for german language pack ?

Hi all !

I am running windows 7 SP1

I want to download the german language pack, which is being offered in windows update.

But i want to save and have the installlation file of it, so that after reinstalling windows, will not have to dowanload it again.

Are there any ways ?

Thanks for Help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How to save the installation file for german language pack ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How to save the installation file for german language pack ?

Hello mj2000,You can get the German Language Pack files from the following links:32 bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/updt/2011/02/windows6.1-kb2483139-x86-de-de_acb9b88b96d432749ab63bd93423af054d23bf81.exe64 bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/updt/2011/02/windows6.1-kb2483139-x64-de-de_4f4ce6bd38530b4a02199172863b21a0cba13773.exeHope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432389/how-to-save-the-installation-file-for-german-language-pack/
Relevancy 25.37%

This laptop will not save documents or files to the hard drive. They are there when initially saved, but disappear when the system is next switched on.

Anyone help me pls...

A:Laptop Fail to save any data to harddisk

You need to say whether you are new to computers or not and which Windows operating system you have. I remember when we first got a computer many years ago the wife thought that I'd deleted her work. In fact we didn't know whereabouts it was saved and couldn't find our way around. If you are a beginner using Windows 7 try clicking on the Start button and then Documents in the menu that opens to the right. By default that's where things are saved but you can use the Save As option and choose a different location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-fail-to-save-any-data-to-harddisk.208753/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 21.5%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello! I live in a college apartment (so no access to router). When I hook up my ethernet cable to my computer, all of my messengers work and are connected but I cannot use internet browsers. I recently reformatted my computer and was using a wireless adaptor, but here the internet is so slow that there's really no point and for a decent connection you need to be plugged into the wall. The wall connection worked fine until I reformatted.

This happened before when I moved to my first college and had to use the ethernet cable. I've done everything from messing around with internet explorer proxy settings and whatnot, but what did work was something I found in a thread. It instructed me to go somewhere and delete a file that was blocking the internet part, I guess? I deleted this setting/file and the ethernet connection worked just fine afterwards. I can't find this thread (probably not on this website) anymore. Does anyone here know possibly what the file was?

A:Help locating a file to help my ethernet work again

Check for optional Windows Updates, specifically a network driver. The most common name is Realtek.

And/or try installing this driver. - Software: Drivers & Utilities

If still no go, which computer do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-locating-a-file-to-help-my-ethernet-work-again.200022/
Relevancy 16.77%

I m working one replacing our file server at work The one we currently have was built around and is starting to show its age So I m thinking new server time The server will be for a copy shop that specializes in house plans and construction plans We store lots of large pdf and tiff files Also have a full service sign shop so lots of Illustrator and Photoshop files - may of the raster graphics are New server file FreeNas quite large ft x ft sign dpi takes up a lot of space New FreeNas file server The server will need to connect to - computers at any one time with upto printers amp copiers active on the network at any one time I already have a fairly decent switch with one port having gigabit Ethernet that the file server will be plugged into and there reset of the ports being megabit Ethernet ports of the files we work with are storage on the file server - form house plans to large commercial building plans to customer artwork and designs for both small format printing and large format They are loaded modified saved and printed while on the server I strongly discourage anyone storing files locally as there are no backups on the individual computers only on the file server Both local and through Crashplan Anyways onto the hardware I already have the process from another project that didn t pan out Intel Xeon E - V Ivy Bridge GHz Mobo SUPERMICRO MBD-X SCL-F-O Case Fractal Design Define R PSU Thermaltake Toughpower Grand TPG- M W ATX Ram Kingston GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR Server Memory Model KVR D E SK G HDD s Seagate NAS HDD ST VN TB x I plan to put the HDD into a Raid-Z which should give me about TB of space I have built several gaming computers and graphic design computers before but never a server I think I have a fairly good built here but would certainly welcome input from someone with more experience in this area than me nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-freenas-file-server.200039/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, today i just got a new 4gb memory stick to add to my computer, currently i have 2 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM sticks.(These were both Kingston Memory Sticks) I then added a 4gb DDR3 1333 Ram stick (Crosshair) to the motherboard and made sure they were firmly placed in and it was all fine, I then turn on the computer and find that the motherboard starts beeping once then two beeps after and the Screen is blank, and my mouse & keyboard aren't responding. My current OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, so i shouldn't have a problem installing new ram to my system...
I'm not sure if this is a problem with 2 different brands of sticks or what.. but the fans are running for my Graphics card (I don't have onboard graphics available)

Specs
AMD 1055t X6
ASUS M5A99XEVO Motherboard
ATI Radeon 5570
Kingston

Any help anyone? Thanks
-Joe

A:Problems with RAM installation

The motherboard does not like that 4GB module. Have you tried the 4GB by itself? If the 4GB module won't run the computer you'll have to stick with 2GB modules. How many memory slots are on the motherboard? ASUS motherboards are notorious for being very picky about memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ram-installation.179890/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All,
Firstly thanks for reading, I wanted to build a new system some time ago but circumstances have pretty much stopped that for now so I have decided to just update a few things in my old work horse starting with the hard drive, I have with your advice on an old thread purchased a Samsung SSD 840 along with W7 Pro 64bit. I assume I just unplug my existing drives and plug this one into sata 1 and install the OS ?? or do I, is there a procedure I need to be aware of first, I.e. bios settings etc ?
Thanks for any advice as I am a total noob with SSD's, it came with a disk also, do I need this ?
Cheers,
Lee.

A:First ssd installation procedure ?

You've got it right. Just make sure to enable AHCI mode in the BIOS.

And don't ever defrag it haha.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-ssd-installation-procedure.198432/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi Everyone - I occasionally have to share a large file between one person and another for work I was using yousendit which worked site large closed Reliable Yousendit needed... file-sharing fine they have changed to be hightail and they have a blog - at their blog there are many comments circa oct about it now not working and being buggy So I don t want to go with that I am looking for current suggestions of a site for file sharing I am willing to pay a modest fee month like to know it will work well and Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed not junk up anyone s computer with any trashy downloader and is very simple to use - I cannot spend a lot of time teaching people with various levels of web savvy and computer savvy how to make an acct log in work some elaborate quot unique quot interface and so on I would prefer a service where an email goes to the recipient s email address they click on the link and from that easily select an option to download I am not sharing burned CDs or DVDs - I just need to share work-related audio recordings from the person recording to a transcriber When I look at reviews on the web it seems that services change a lot over time so I don t want to go for what had great reviews a year ago Please help with suggestions -Thanks nbsp

A:Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Look at shutterfly.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reliable-large-file-sharing-site-needed-yousendit-closed.197694/
Relevancy 14.62%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello,
About one weak ago unfortunately I wiped my internal storage and Iost my everything,
I tried to recover my data using hexamob android application(My device is samsung galaxy tab 8.9)
After two times trying, I recovered almost 32GB of data but almost all of them are in dbf format which I'm not familiar with, so I don't know if it is possible to recover these files to my images, movies, etc
Any helps desperately appreciated

A:Recovering a recovered file which is in dbf format

dbf files are used for Database storage - - you need the application that created them to access the data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-a-recovered-file-which-is-in-dbf-format.196624/
Relevancy 16.77%

I've got a SanDisk memory stick and I've used it for a couple of years and have had no trouble but recently 2 files (autorun and starter) have come up and I've tried to delete them and it wouldn't work, so I tried to open starter application but nothing happened.

Does anyone know how remove them?

A:Starter application and autorun file won't go away

You can always format the SD

another choice is to disable AUTORUN on you system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starter-application-and-autorun-file-wont-go-away.194684/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello. I want to find out why Windows does this cheking to my Memory Card. It happened while booting. After "Checking file system on D:
The type of the file system is FAT32." and other stuffs like: "Unrecoverable error in folder \System Volume Information\catalog.wci.", or "\Sounds\FosterThePeople-PumpedUpKicks(ButchClancyRMX).mp3 first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated." and "Cross link resolved by copying.
\Images\IMG00502-20121218-1525.jpg is cross-linked on allocation unit 6984." After this proces Windows started normaly. I've cheked my documents on the card and found out that some images were damaged and some old music appeared, but only samples, from about 18 seconds to 56. I foud, also, a "BOOTEX.LOG" file, written in Notepad. Could you explain what happened, please? &sorry if there are some bad spelled words.

A:Checking file system on D: The type of the file system is FAT32

It perhaps got removed incorrectly while some programs still had the file data open/in memory. I'd pull everything off the card, format it, and put the data back.

What is the card in? Does it have to be FAT32? Could you use ExFAT instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-file-system-on-d-the-type-of-the-file-system-is-fat32.193835/
Relevancy 16.34%

I recently started using a gigabit switch alongside my TP-Link router.

My room is setup like a LAN area, with a desk long enough for 4 pc's, so I have 4 cables running from the switch to the computers.

My router is providing DHCP and has a PS3 and VOIP phone plugged up to it.

Is there anything blaring that would cause the machines not to transfer files at gigabit speeds? Currently they transfer at 10-12mbps, which is normal for a 10/100 connection.

Anything I'm missing?

I can get into a lot of detail, but I need to know what needs to be told.

A:Home Network Routing - Using a Switch for file transfers?

Weakest link in the chain prevails.

Code:

ISP=Router--switch-- PC{1+}
|
+--- other device(s)

Consider just devices attached to the router, the slowest Nic {wired or wifi} will control the bandwidth to the device. A PC with a 10/100 adapter dominate data to/from it regardless of the GB Switch. If PC.a and PC.b (both with GB adapters and attached to the switch) copy 'twix each other, you may get much better performance.

Data to/from other devices (attached to the router) will be dominated by the Router LAN port speeds or the devices themselves.

99% of us get no benefit whatsoever from GB routers or Switches as all devices need GB ratings :sigh:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-routing-using-a-switch-for-file-transfers.192722/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi,
I used my computer to transfer back up files from an old hard drive to a brand new one. I did not open the individual files, just cut/pasted them onto the new drive. Well the new drive dies on me and I no longer have the old drive.
I was wondering if my computer copied the files onto itself during the transfer process and if it did, is there any way I can recover them?
Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

A:File transfer/copy

Ouch; Especially for large transfers, file movement from media{a} -> media{b} use no intermediate cache or temp files. IMO, unless CHKDSK c: /F /R can fix the new drive, I think you're in deep dodo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-transfer-copy.191860/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have a asus a8n delexe sli which gaves the above error when I do alt f2 on post to enter the flash utility. I was driven to reinstall bios or upgrade it because I am getting freezing; reboot issues; missing drivers; unrecognised hardware issues etc. I have swapped out drives, video cards, reinstalled OS and even swapped PSU to no avail. So has my motherboard just had it?
I folllowed asus instructions and copied the bios to a floppy disk and tried to flash from that. Although I copied all three files in the downloaded zip so I presume it would select the exe file automatically. I will download again. Should it work if I copied to a blank CD? I presume the bios would automatically pull the exe from any device besides the hard drive? I get this error with or without the floppy inserted?

A:BIOS image file check sum error

Did you finally get this solved?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-image-file-check-sum-error.190931/
Relevancy 25.37%

Gents, built my own machine last year and installed a 60GB SSD strictly for Win 7 only (have two other HD's installed for storage and programmes)

Lately im getting alerts to say my SSD is now full and after doing what I could through the tools on Win 7 I was only able to free up 5 GB's What the hell is on here? Win updates? Everything I do is directed to my HD on the E: drive

Alternative is to buy another - can you transfer the root HD to another HD? really didnt plan for this, I know 60GB isnt that large but it was only ever to use as a boot drive.

Suggestions anyone?

A:60GB boot SSD full, but don't save anything to it

System restore points or pagefile maybe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/60gb-boot-ssd-full-but-dont-save-anything-to-it.187889/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I bought a new CPU installation problems CPU an AMD Phenom II x socket AM absolutely not AM which I read was compatible with my AM socket GA-MA X-UD P a Gigabyte brand board So I tried installing it and when it booted up it got to the BIOS boot screen CPU installation problems I think its called a Post screen and it either sits there or restarts itself in perpetuity I let it sit there doing that for about minutes to see what the problem is and it seems that particular CPU was only compatible after a BIOS update So I throw the old CPU back in download atBios and the update install put the new CPU back in but it hasn t really made a difference at all still sits at the BIOS boot atBios says the BIOS is up-to-date and there isn t anywhere in the BIOS itself to confirm that so the mobo and CPU should be friendly with eachother I want to know if there are any other factors I need to know or I ve skipped when doing this I thought it was a simple process of swapping them in and out but if there s more to it or my computer isn t up to scratch in some way I was hoping for some answers and maybe a solution Other specs Windows Pro x w PSU Gbs of Mhz DDR Corsair RAM Nvidia GTX My old CPU which I have running is an Athlon x Thanks in advance nbsp

A:CPU installation problems

You may have to upgrade your power supply to 650 watts or so...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-installation-problems.188722/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I am using a transcend pen drive to transfer files between my netbook and desktop, both with XP when I delete folder from the pen drive while connected to the desktop, it shows the pen drive as empty and thereafter I "safely remove" the pendrive. however, when I insert it into the netbook, it shows the data still present. if I now re-insert it into the desktop, it shows the data again. ?? btw if I delete it when connected to the netbook, it stays deleted and does not show up again! what gives? I have emptied the recycle bin too. am wondering if there are some settings I need to change. I just got a new desktop and am transferring my data onto it from the netbook! thanks, appreciate any answers in advance!

A:Delete file in pen drive

Likely you need to ensure that the pen-drive has the NTFS permission for <everyone> to be full control.

Use any Administrator Login, insert the Pen Drive, right click the pen-drive-letter -> Properties->Security

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-file-in-pen-drive.188509/
Relevancy 26.23%

windows 7 is taking up a load of space on my ssd 60 gb and its close to full now even with all 3rd party software on a different drive, I was thinking of deleting language packs and possibly amd drivers which come stock, any tips or advice on how I would go about doing this. I have already uninstalled windows media center and internet explorer as I dont use them anyways

A:Save space on SSD

Honestly, I would say get a bigger drive. 60GB isn't really enough for windows and core programs. You can uninstall all you want. Eventually you will run into the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/save-space-on-ssd.181792/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys my first time on this forum I heard this is the best when it come to tech support well I got this big trouble that just happend to me my recent PC died on me with a bad mobo save hard and contents want to I my upgrade drive's I have I want to upgrade and save my hard drive's contents been searching all over the net for a similar board and its impossible to find it my spec was as follows MSI board with G -ICH chipsets core quad processor gb hyper X rams DDR all the boards with same chipsets are DDR so meaning I have to buy new RAMS with these boards I wanted to step up to the newer processors and DDR but the thing is I dont have back up of my HDD and EVERYTHING on it is VERY important and I dont want to format anything my question was is there a way of keeping everything but still upgrade to a newer system guys sorry for my bad english not my native language and I hope you guys understand what im trying to say and get some help from the pros Thanks nbsp

A:I want to upgrade and save my hard drive's contents

Well if you built a new system you'd need a new hard drive (or Linux CD) to boot from and you can get the data from your old hard drive that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-upgrade-and-save-my-hard-drives-contents.185870/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi to all. I am not sure if this is the correct board to post my problem to! I apologize if I am wrong.

I save my picture albums in external storage device. Its the memory of an entire lifetime, my school, highschool and all. Now I opened it after many days to find that many of the JPEG files are showing 'X' although their properties are showing appropriate file size. If I try making a slideshow, it says 'No preview available'. I have tried opening it with MS Office Picture Manager and Adobe Photoshop 7 but of no avail. I have tried to look it up on google and tried repairing the images using a few free online picture repair tools, but it says no data available or something. Please help me resurrect those images. I dont understand what could possibly go wrong with them! I use Windows XP home. They are very valuable to me.

Thanks in anticipation.

A:JPEG file error

can you open ANYTHING on that external device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jpeg-file-error.183222/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have a file that I converted from laser disc to AVI. The total length was 20 gig but cut in two pieces. I transfered the files to a Seagate 1 Tarabyte hard drive for storage but now cannot get it to fully transfer back to any PC. The bigger part of the two is over 15 gigs and when there is about 9 gigs left the transfer stops.

Is there any way to get this out or fix the problem?

Thanks in advance.

A:Video file not transfering completely out of my external hard drive

Are you using Windows built in copy program or a 3rd party tool?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-file-not-transfering-completely-out-of-my-external-hard-drive.180824/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi somebody can help me ? when i try to install soundmax appears
The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC restart now then run this setup again.
But this driver i had it before reboot my pc and now it doesnt work.
My audio is integrated in motherboard and the motherboard is asus p5lo2.
Thanks!!

A:SoundMax installation error

Download this driver - the blue download button.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...us-Realtek-ALC882-Audio-Driver-51005125.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-error.178195/
Relevancy 16.34%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-online-db-buying-advice.177063/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a GF a mobo I bought installation Details issue. inside. RAM some ram a while back and recently one of the sticks kinda stopped working so I sent for a replacement During that time I had gig sticks of ram in this mother board working fine Today I got my replacement stick from kingston and I put it in the th slot and went to boot the computer It would start up but no display on the screen and none of my usb hardware mouse keyboard would come on I removed the stick went back to my old RAM installation issue. Details inside. configuration and got the same issue Finally I started changing how many sticks I RAM installation issue. Details inside. had in what configuration and found that if I had only sticks in the computer would start fine no matter which sticks were in But as soon as I go to add a rd stick of RAM no matter which stick it is I would get the same issue as above Computer starts but no display or USB What could this problem be nbsp

A:RAM installation issue. Details inside.

What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-installation-issue-details-inside.176029/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Everyone,
A few month's ago my old laptop gave up the ghost and so I asked the local computer geek to take out the hard drive and memory sticks. I thought that was how to save all my "stuff", and he tech did not say otherwise, so I hope I did the right thing?
Anyway, while I wait until I can afford to get a new laptop.......here is my question:...Can I go to a computer store and have all that data put on a CD? Then when I get my laptop I can just transfer the data?
Thank you.t

A:How do I save data from old laptop?

Yes. But it will be cheaper to do it yourself with one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/Vantec-CB-ISATAU2-Supports-2-5-Inch-5-25-Inch/dp/B000J01I1G/ref=pd_cp_e_1
http://www.amazon.com/IDE-SATA-USB-Cable-Adapter/dp/B000YJBL78

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-save-data-from-old-laptop.175873/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ordered parts for my first-time PC build and unfortunately my liquid cooling unit is arriving last now I assume my PC will run fine without it as long as I don t overclock is there any reason why I installation cooler help Liquid should wait before building Liquid cooler installation help it I do plan on overclocking then although I need help doing that as well Also all the guides about building a PC I looked at made no mention of additional cooling units so I was hoping someone could point me to one or advise me Here is my build and I bolded the cooling unit I am getting Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:Liquid cooler installation help

CPU gets hot while it's running, even when it's not over-clocked. You can use the stock cooler until the H100 arrives. Before replacing the stock cooler w/ the Corsair, you'll need to remove residual thermal compound on the CPU. Looks like the H100 has thermal compound pre-applied.

There's a brief installation video on Corsair's site, have you checked it out?
http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-cooler-installation-help.174877/
Relevancy 22.36%

Upon dismantling my laptop I discover that the cpu is pasted to a copperish sheet which is in turn attached to the underside of the fan housing. I'm assuming the three pieces are connected with thermal paste.
I am having trouble reseating the cpu while attached to the fan so I wanted to dismantle it and seat it and reattach to fan housing with thermal paste.
Am I on target here with my thought processes or is there something tricky in this manuevering I am overlooking or ignorant of?

A:PCG-FRV37 CPU installation

Vaio PCG_FRV37 cpu fan

So do I pry up these cpu and copper heat sink or just slowly drop alcohol to loosen the compound? On the reverse side to reseat the cpu since the pins were bent on removal ( not expecting this type of setup) I have to try and straighten the pins...sink the cpu and then layer the compound, heat sink, compound then fan housing on top. Am I on track here? I've attached a pic of the fan. I could just sometimes kick these designers that make it more difficult for us....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcg-frv37-cpu-installation.174707/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi, I had a laptop Vaio, windwos XP home edition and before crashing for good I manage to have all data saved on external hard drive. Now I have a new HP, Windows 7, processor A8 and when I try to trim the backup data I can't delete anything from it. The delete button just doesn't work and right click dosen't show delete option. The data is huge I need that space.Thanks.

A:Can't delete backup file created in XP, now I run Windows 7

Have you tried to format the drive through Disk Management? Formatting will erase everything on it. This assumes you don't still have anything on the external drive you want to save.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-backup-file-created-in-xp-now-i-run-windows-7.172452/
Relevancy 16.77%

Got hold of CCNA sybex 7th ed.. It will read on adobe and adobe digital editions on PC but not on reader. It displays the cover and contents,the rest is blank. My ebook reader will open any other pdf document including a earlier version of this file?! It is pdf version 1.3. Tried resaving on PC as version 1.5,made no difference. Any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-pdf-file-on-ebook-reader.171615/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all i have what porbably are dumb questions but i need clarification all the same please i just bought a XFX HD GPU upon your recomendation and was wondering if i should uninstall all the nVidia stuff in add and remove except the driver before i remove the card or just remove the card install my new one then uninstall the nvidia stuff I have a spare gigabyte GT GPU which i would like to give to my dad as he has an old Pack-Bell iMedia which he uses in the lounge to watch Uninstall for installation? drivers fresh GPU films on and browse the net Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation? The PSU in this old machine is only a watt and the GT reqiures a w minimum but as he wont be playing games or doing any photo editing etc only watching mp films would the PSU still power it reason i ask is it has a HDMI connection and his stock card is the old blue pin plug so i thought is would get a better pic using my new card also the GT is mb and the stock one is only mb Your thoughts please Thanks Lee nbsp

A:Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation?

1. Yes, you can remove all the Nvidia components through Add/Remove, although it's probably easier to download a utility such as Driver Sweeper which will remove the driver, PhysX, HD audio, Update etc in one move... Just remember that the system will likely revert to a lower VGA (640 x 480) screen resolution.
You can then power down, replace the card and install the driver/catalyst control centre etc.
Once you're up and running it would pay to bring up the Device Manager, click the "View" tab and check "Show hidden devices", then expand the "Display adapters" heading. If your previous card shows up -right click and select uninstall.

2. You say that your dad's computer is an "old Pack-Bell..". Power supplies gradually lose their effective output over time as components in the power supply wear, so his 250w PSU is likely much less. The GT210 isn't a power hog by any means (30.5w max) but picking up a suitable (and relatively cheap) PSU might be a good investment in any case, especially if the computer/PSU are 5+ years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstall-drivers-for-fresh-gpu-installation.170189/
Relevancy 16.34%

My ext HDD Buffalo 500Gb became RAW file system. can't even reformat again to NTFS.or to FAT32, the drive has my name before. now i can see LOCAL DRIVE E:, and when i click to properties, i can see, used space 0 bytes, and free space 0 bytes.
i tried several ways, even on command prompt, convert E: /fs:ntfs. still i can't, and on disk management, i even apply mark partition as active and then format it, and it take 5-6 hours and at the end falure.

can some one help me, i really need for my school project, and i cannot efford to buy again.

JIGME

A:My 500GB Buffalo external HDD became RAW file system

Hi gentpuchong :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-500gb-buffalo-external-hdd-became-raw-file-system.163340/
Relevancy 17.2%

Here s the scoop A friend of mine was running XP sp and his system started getting very slow and would not run properly I ran malwarebytes and found File recovery several errors and corrected System still wouldn t function right Spent several File recovery hours trying various things with no luck Decided to offload his files and reinstall xp We managed to get his documents offloaded but didn t have enough media for his photos I removed hard drive and used my hardware connection package to hook it up to a usb port on my system The drive did show up and I started to copy his photos Get ready here it comes he has g of photos from years worth of saving on system without backing them up My system has enough space to copy but about g into copy my system started to give File recovery all kinds of errors that my avg WD elements etc weren t working I canceled the copy and deleted the photos from my system did a safe remove of the drive ran a restore from a previous restore point for my system All is well in the land of joeretired Now here s where the problem comes in When I reconnected the drive it no longer shows up with a letter assigned to it so I can access the drive I checked quot My Computer quot and it s not there Checked Device Manager and it shows as a usb mass storage device and properties says it s working properly Device Management doesn t even see it The questions are why can t I see it anymore how do I get it back to copy the phots Just for info s sake I m going to copy them to flash drives so my friend will have them backed up and be able to view them when he wants Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated and if we meet I ll buy you a beer nbsp

A:File recovery

Thanks Rick I will try what you suggested. If it is what you suspect I'll let him know. I was looking around and found a program from CGSecurity called "TESTDISK". Due you think it might be worth a shot running this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-recovery.168390/
Relevancy 17.2%

Usually I can play large MKV files just fine, but 13GB Black Swan mkv lags every few seconds making it unplayable. I don't usually have problems with MKV so I don't see how it could be a codec problem, does anyone know what?

Windows XP SP3

AMD Radeon HD 6850 - 1024MB

MotherBoard:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5K SE Rev 1.xx
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0401 07/19/2007
Realtek Onboard Audio

3328 Megabytes DDR2 RAM

Processor:
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

1400.28 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
100.02 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

A:Particular MKV file lags?

What software are you playing it with? Try Media Player Classic Home Cinema.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/particular-mkv-file-lags.168934/
Relevancy 21.5%

I had to recently install a new hard drive into a computer. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 3650 and I have been looking for drivers for it. Since the person who originally bought the card threw the box with the disc away i had to download the drivers and installation from online. I downloaded all the drivers and catalyst and when i go to install the products it appears to install and even says finished but when i look it doesnt seem to actually install anything at all even on a restart. The catalyst control center doesnt show up on my start menu and the graphics card still appears as uninstalled in the device manager. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is or how to fix it?

A:Radeon HD 3650 driver installation problems

Where did you download the drivers from?

If you haven't, get them from www.amd.com or www.amd.co.uk

Be sure to select express install during installation.

But before you try it again, remove the previous drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3650-driver-installation-problems.168822/
Relevancy 16.34%

A few years back I got an external hard drive (Nomad) as I was working on a book and studying photography and wanted to be able to back up all my work in case of a computer crash. Well, it turned out that I did have a crash, and everything was fine until I went to open up a file that contained a bunch of Microsoft Word files for my book.

When I click on the file in attempts to open it, after a long period of not responding, an error comes up that says exactly this:

"Location is not available
H:\Scotia\Writing\Stories & Novels is not accessible.
Incorrect functon."

Is there any way that I can fix this so that I can have the files back? I'm desperate, and without these files I lose a year of work toward a novel. Any help is deeply appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-on-nomad-external-hard-drive-will-not-open.167092/
Relevancy 16.77%

hi guys, im having issues with this error file and folder. im trying to transfer files to WD essential storage using wdtv live n router netgear dg834g. but recently the past week im starting to get these error message which states "error copying file or folder" cannot copy ... the specified network name is no longer available. never had any problems for a year n just started about a week ago. i have rebooted router , wdtv , storage to no avail. any ideas.

A:Error copying file or folder

Maybe the WD essential storage device is failing or needs a formatting restore

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-copying-file-or-folder.165218/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello As stated in the title I get the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom The wide flat one IDE i think it is called doesn t change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself The other one sata for power is the f ckup No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant Yes installation disk another attempt DVD boot about failure, but a driver figure Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt out where and how to change that cable for Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt a new since it goes into the giant box under forgotten its name Now I have searched long and hard for solutions Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of Note I do not have the disk my comp asks for also a problem I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit This Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt time Im about to stress myself hairless over this All I want to do is to have a DVD-room its basic yet impossible gt gt gt Pls share your solutions the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused Here s some info System Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz bit windows Gb ram Motherboard GA-x -DQ ADVANCED BIOS FEAT First Hard Drive Second CD Room Third Disabled nbsp

A:Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yes-another-disk-boot-failure-but-about-a-dvd-driver-installation-attempt.163065/
Relevancy 16.77%

I tried converting video using Micro Video Converter on mac pro somehow it didn't convert and the .mp4 video file from my SD card became invisible. I recovered the file using some recovery software from my sd card and it was recovered as .mov video file instead .mp4 video file and it doesn't play in any video player. I recovered many files but none of them cannot be played. Any suggestions on what I can do or where I could take the data to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can provide any other information to assist in the creation of a solution. Thank you in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovered-mov-file-cannot-be-played.163245/
Relevancy 16.34%

I tried looking a little on google and couldnt find much I need to make a batch file to add dns suffixs to local area connection i have a script that i tested but it didn t work because i beleive it was for just the local dns suffixes? adding script DNS for Batch file s and not for the dns suffixes Any Batch file script for adding DNS suffixes? help is Batch file script for adding DNS suffixes? a appreciated Update i found a script here That works for now Just need to figure out how to set it so it manually checks those boxes On Error Resume Next strComputer quot quot arrDNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder Array quot dns com quot quot dns com quot quot dns com quot Set objWMIService GetObject quot winmgmts quot amp quot impersonationLevel impersonate quot amp strComputer amp quot root cimv quot Set objNicConf objWMIService Get quot Win NetworkAdapterConfiguration quot WScript Echo VbCrLf amp quot DNS Host Name quot amp strDNSHostName amp VbCrLf amp quot Attempting to enable DNS quot intEnableDNS objNicConf EnableDNS strDNSHostName strDNSDomain arrDNSServerSearchOrder arrDNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder If intEnableDNS Then WScript Echo quot Successfully enabled DNS quot ElseIf intEnableDNS Then WScript Echo quot Successfully enabled DNS quot amp VbCrLf amp quot Must reboot quot Else WScript Echo quot Unable to enable DNS quot End If WScript Echo VbCrLf amp String quot - quot Set colNicConfigs objWMIService ExecQuery quot SELECT FROM Win NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE IPEnabled True quot For Each objNicConfig In colNicConfigs strDNSHostName objNicConfig DNSHostName Next WScript Echo VbCrLf amp quot DNS Host Name quot amp strDNSHostName For Each objNicConfig In colNicConfigs WScript Echo VbCrLf amp quot Network Adapter quot amp objNicConfig Index amp VbCrLf amp quot quot amp objNicConfig Description WScript Echo quot DNS Domain quot amp objNicConfig DNSDomain WScript Echo quot DNS Server Search Order quot If Not IsNull objNicConfig DNSServerSearchOrder Then For Each strDNSServer In objNicConfig DNSServerSearchOrder WScript Echo quot quot amp strDNSServer Next End If WScript Echo quot DNS Domain Suffix Search Order quot If Not IsNull objNicConfig DNSServerSearchOrder Then For Each strDNSDomainSuffix In objNicConfig DNSDomainSuffixSearchOrder WScript Echo quot quot amp strDNSDomainSuffix Next End If Next nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/batch-file-script-for-adding-dns-suffixes.162730/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have a satellite A65-S126. model no. PSA60U-02KO15. the laptop is failing to boot. When l power it up, Iit requires me to pick last known good configuration or us the safe mode options.
I have tried to reinstall the operation system and when the installer tries to copy files to the disk, it gives the following error message, "file ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. the error code is 7. setup cannot continue, press any key to exit"..
l have checked my dvd rom by way of installing it on another similar laptop and it has worked. Have also checked my memory modules and they again proved to be working.
Your assistance on this matter, team, will greatly be appreciated.

A:Satellite A65-S126. File ntkrnp.exe could not be loaded. Error code is 7

See this link:
http://www.computer-adviser.com/error-code-7.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/satellite-a65-s126-file-ntkrnp-exe-could-not-be-loaded-error-code-is-7.161198/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello all I have a somewhat difficult dilemma I need help on I am troubleshooting a Dell Inspiron that was booting into a password authentication where all passwords were not being recognized But that s not the problem When I attempted to re-format the GB Western Digital internal IDE HDD with the Windows installer disk it didn t show any hard drives to install to When checking the BIOS it showed no hard drives either I then took the hard drive out of the laptop on system Unknown HDD internal file laptop and connected it to my HP desktop computer running same version of Windows btw Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD using a quot to quot IDE adapter and Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD had it on its own IDE channel The drive was not recognized in either Wndows Explorer OR Disk Management It IS Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD showing in Device Manager On the quot Volumes quot tab when I hit quot Populate quot it comes back with quot Unkown file system quot Is there any workaround to reformat this drive or make it usable Or is it just dead Any help is appreciated David nbsp

A:Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD

delete the partition(s), define new one(s) and then format

the command prompt FORMAT /? will explain how

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-file-system-on-internal-laptop-hdd.160587/
Relevancy 16.77%

Bit of a weird problem i try to send a file to my computer less than about 300kb it transfers fine any larger it fails. I try sending it through MyPhoneExplorer, it transfers all of it but my point is I some times need files from other people not just my own phone. Any ideas? I am on windows 7 home premieum 64 bit i do have a uknown device listed as "bluetooth peripheral device" with that yellow triangle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-file-transfer-failed.159627/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi everyone I need help in rebooting my desktop computer running windows need to restore files with save I system my XP OS just before the trouble began I had just used control panel to remove several programs I need to save my files with system restore Then I rebooted the computer when it came back up my desktop icons were grayed out and unrecognizable to the computer Clicking on them only brought up a message stating that some ink files were not found and were needed Then I did a dumb thing I used a restore disk trying to replace the files when I should have just used f at startup to access my safe mode menu Well anyway now I m stuck because my desktop only displays a black screen and the courser blinks in the upper left hand corner And if I assess safe mode using f at startup I get this message the system is not fully installed please run setup again I have photos and other files that I don t want to loose please tell me that there is a way to save my files nbsp

A:I need to save my files with system restore

I would remove the hard drive, install it into an enclosure or a docking station and use another PC to read the hard drive and copy your files. BTW, you should always back up your important files to avoid predicaments like this but I guess you know that by now.

Once you recover your files you perform a clean install of Windows, reinstall all your applications and copy your files back to your original hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-to-save-my-files-with-system-restore.158306/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi,

running XP sp3 on both desktop and netbook. Zone Alarm firewall is on both machines, but has been configured to allow access each way.

I am using freefilesync and am trying to sync a folder and it's content (about 200mb) over my home network from the desktop PC to an SDHC card in the netbook card reader.

Whenever I run the sync it get an error message:

windows error message 5 access is denied.

I have googled, but don't know enough to separate what I need from the search results.

I have been able to copy and paste the folder and it's contents directly from the desktop to the netbook sdhc card, and appear to have read and write access each way.

Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

Will

A:File sync over network to SDHC card

On the machine with the card, if you open My Computer, how does the SDHC card appear
or does it show up at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-over-network-to-sdhc-card.158074/
Relevancy 21.93%

well i tried to install RAM into my Pc turned on and mi MSI mother board said there was something wrong whit the CMOS..so i choose use defult settings...after that i got a black screen whit a white "-' flashing and then nothing happend.

i turned of my pc and removed the new ram and reboot..

after the MSI motherboard logo appers y get the same black screen with the '-' flashing

i dont know what to do..i tried loading defult settings from BIOS and dint work

A:Black screen after RAM installation

I'm not trying to criticize, but it would be helpful if you could phrase your words better with proper spelling and punctuation.

So let me get this straight, you have a PC that ran normally. You decided to add more RAM, but when you did, the BIOS told you that there was a CMOS error. You reset to default settings and now there's a blinking dash and then a black screen. Thinking the new RAM was the problem (a logical deduction), you took the RAM out, but the same blinking dash to black is happening.

Is this correct?

Please put more information about your PC. More specifically the models of the components and the last stable boot you had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-ram-installation.157895/
Relevancy 16.77%

Well my place I work acquired another office and we need a file server for our rd location At first I was just going to buy a NAS but I m don t think it would have the ability to install a backup client on it like Crash Plan so I m thinking of just building a file server amp loading a distro of Linux on it thats designed for servers some like Ubuntu Server edition Problem is all the computers I have built have been for gaming So this is what my we need - a file server that is going to have data for mostly plans and spec books along with setups for business cards flyers signs and other graphic works Probably going to have - computers pulling a server rush of Building bit file a - data from it along with - networked printers I looked at some of the server mobo but they just seem like more than I need I like the dual gigabyte LAN on them but I think I can find that on some desktop Mobo So I m kinda the stage of picking a mobo and CPU and leaning towards just getting something like a C D of a lower end i or AMD - not against AMD just a bit outa the lop with what they have I don t need much processing power to just pull files from it do i Also not really all the sure what makes Sever Mobo s and CPU s different from desktop other than they are designed for servers IDK I m a little outa my normal zone here and the boss says we need it by the end of the month so I don t have Building a file server - bit of a rush too long to research it So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Building a file server - bit of a rush

What's the price range for this server?
I would suggest just ordering a Dell. You'll get great support and a pre-build system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-file-server-bit-of-a-rush.157771/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone,

I recently bought some components to upgrade my pc. These consist of a new cpu, motherboard, video card and psu.

The main issue I'm having is now in games my FPS is lower in games, and freezing even.

The cpu is - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Video card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Motherboard - Asus m4a785-m

Everything runs fine except for the frame rate and some flickering.

I've updated everything, or atleast thought I did.

Hopefully you guys can help, thanks so much!

A:New Installation - PC is worse!

Do you have your nvidia card selected as your display adapter? Thats the only thing I can think of? lol sorry if this is a stupid answer.

Or check your nvidia control panel to make sure your settings are set right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-pc-is-worse.157634/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Dimension running XP SP I bought it used It only had a Western Digital GB IDE drive so i decided to upgrade I purchased a Western Digital GB IDE drive When i opened my case i saw that the ribbon only had one plug on it i e it did not have the Master and Slave plugs so i purchased a new IDE ribbon I put the existing hard drive on the Master plug and the new hard drive on the Slave plug I have also checked the jumper positions on the drives according to Wester Digital s website when starting up the computer does not recognize either hard drive BIOS says something like quot No bootup drives were found please insert boot disc and press F or press F to enter setup quot when i go into BIOS i have everything for the IDE drives set to AUTO Bios does not seem to be detecting the hard drives I am lost at this point if anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hard Drive Installation Problems, please help

First check that the 40GB drive, installed in the master position, (far end of the cable), will still boot, if installed by itself on the new cable.

If you intend to install the OS on the new drive, install it singly, and try using your restore discs to get up and running.

Many times when something like this happens, you need to attend to boot order, in the BIOS, "Boot Menu".

I don't know why "auto" drive mode need be set. If we're dealing with actual IDE drives, then IDE mode, (if it exists) should be set.

At the age of this machine, does the motherboard have SATA ports?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-installation-problems-please-help.155378/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me in the Nvidia Cotrol Panel how can can i make Nvidia's settings stick after restarting my laptop?

The color is always set to "other applications control color settings". What and where are those settings as well?

Maybe i can fix my color problems using the "other applications" thing but where is that?

I'm currently using windows vista and a GeForce 9650m GT on an asus laptop.

Thanks.

A:Nvidia Control Panel won't save settings after reboot

See the Guide here:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/190.62/190.62_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-control-panel-wont-save-settings-after-reboot.154943/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi, if I go to Network Sharing Center, then advanced settings there are two options: Turn on Network Discovery, and Turn on File and Printer sharing."

The first one is enabled, the second one (file sharing) will not enable.

I had this problem with network discovery as well, but I did some reading and found it was a problem of not having some services started.

So I assume file sharing will not enable for the same reason.

Does anyone have any ideas on what services need to be enabled?

Thanks

A:File sharing won't enable

what are your specs? go to the properties of your network adapter and see if it has file and printer sharing for microsoft networks enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-wont-enable.154892/
Relevancy 16.77%

I m a bit clueless when it comes to networking but here goes Up until a few weeks ago I modem No replacement after sharing file had a happy home network Was running my No file sharing after modem replacement trusty year old Motorola SurfBoard modem into a Linksys wireless router My tower and xbox were wired to the port on the back of the linksys while my laptop wii and ps were all wireless All had connectivity Tower and Laptop could talk to each other and could share files both ways between them then my modem bit the dust Enter the Motorola SBG Mom needed a router for her place and I needed a new modem so I killed birds with one stone and bought it Mom loves her new router and I well sorta like my Motorola Everything has connectivity but my laptop and tower will not talk to each other anymore xbox was also made wireless at this point When I m on my tower and I attempt to browse the quot Map Network Drive quot I can see both computers listed under my home network name When I attempt to click on the laptop to expand it to select the SharedDocs folder I get the following error message quot newlaptop is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The network path was not found quot If I attempt the quot Map Network Drive quot from the laptop I get the same message with the exception of the error reflecting my tower name I hope it s something simple like the modem itself is blocking a port or something I ll mention what seems relevant from some other threads I ve tried to understand -both machines are running xp pro sp tower is my own build lappy is AlienWare Area -both machines have file sharing network sharing checked -encryption is set to WPA wireless card can handle it cable SBG gt wireless gt laptop xbox wii ps iphone Tower PC much thanks in advance for any assistance insight i may find nbsp

A:No file sharing after modem replacement

see this thread, post #5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-file-sharing-after-modem-replacement.154509/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok I am at the end of ideas I have a Compaq mini c netbook and cant for the LIFE of me figure out how to install xp onto it Ive tried many ideas and methods and cant get a single one to work The thing came installed with xp on it but all the crap that is pre loaded onto it ugh I hate buying premanufactured pc s The thing is slow now so I would like to start fresh I have a usb dvd drive and my xp home cd bluescreens when it tries to load my xp pro cd is fine but it says quot setup cannot find any hard drives installed in this pc quot I have tried using Nlite to integrate SATA drivers into the disk I have a feeling that the disk is to old to recognize the sata controller in the pc but the modified disk doesnt say quot press any key to boot from cd quot it just goes to normal windows load Windows does detect the drives but the pc is under powered intel atom ghz gig XP + Mini installation Compaq ram not gonna work so well eh I did xp s install through the current xp install but when I choose to boot quot windows xp home setup quot it says quot error reading from disk XP + Compaq Mini installation quot wtc do I do - - the tech support guy from hp said quot oh well to install an OS onto an hp computer you need to buy our special disk quot last ideas I have - trying to use Nlite again or connecting a floppy disk through USB to put the drivers on a floppy and load that nevermind I dont have a USB floppy gt gt Edit - Burned the img with ImgBurn rather than Nlite directly and it works Formatting the hard drive lets see how the install goes Case closed for now I think nbsp

A:XP + Compaq Mini installation

Uh oh, the thing bluescreens when booting. Booting into safemode doesnt change anything. What the heck happened?

Edit - I have a copy of Hiren's Boot CD - http://www.hirensbootcd.net/

I feel this will be instrumental in getting the laptop to work.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/141762-compaq-mini-110c-ris-install-bsod-after-install/ - Same stop error that I am getting, meaning the driver isnt installed. Thing is, i dont know how to install the driver manually and tell windows how to find it. Or would I have to create a whole new boot disk with Nlite?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-compaq-mini-installation.153157/
Relevancy 16.34%

Could somebody help me with a quick batch program to remove, network addresses, gateway, broadcast, etc.? Also include cookies, browser history and that sort of thing but really I want the network code if you could help out with that.

I know I could just use ccleaner but this is something that will be constantly worked on until all the functions I want will be in this one batch file instead of possibly running a couple programs.

Used these two but need to know from the experts!!

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns

Also when the the wireless card is pulled from the pcmcia slot, like to know what wipes any trace of the hard coded ip, mac ip.

A:Create a batch file to remove network activity

any help putting this code together for me. windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/create-a-batch-file-to-remove-network-activity.154433/
Relevancy 24.51%

Am having a problem with my monitor and power saving mood

My Mobo is Gigabyte EP45-D6Q

Graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4850 With last driver 10.9

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Monitor LG flatron L 1750SQ with a vega cable

i have my monitor power saving settings to shut down monitor after 5 min, when i touch the mouse or keyboard after a short time of idle the monitor come back from savepower mood, if it goes into a long time idle once i touch the mouse the monitor power button keep flashin and i have to turn it off and on manytimes from power button till it come on, i changed the vga cable and installed graphic last drivers, i have no problem with the monitor as long its on, it only does that after LONG idle can someone help me plz?

A:My monitor stay in power save mode after long idle only

Five minutes is too short a time for monitor shut down in a desktop. Increase the monitor shut down time to 30 minutes. Also check the BIOS settings for "wake up" options. You might try setting the bios to its defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-monitor-stay-in-power-save-mode-after-long-idle-only.153778/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a VAIO VPC computer with Windows 7 operating system. I was installing the software for my Palm TX Organizer, and when it came to connecting the device to the computer, I received the message that the system was locating the drivers for the device and then informing me that no drivers were available. When I tried to sync the device through the palm program it will not recognize the presence of the device. I uninstalled and downloaded a new version of the program from the Palm website encountering the same situation when I connected the device to the computer.

I have also experienced this same situation with the installation of Tunes Plus to allow for the uploading of my iPod music onto iTunes on the computer, I continually get a device not present message.

Can anybody out there throw some light on this problem?

A:Program fails to recognize devices after installation

Windows doesn't need drivers to detect a Plug and Play device.

So forget about drivers for the moment....

1) You don't say how you connect the device to your compute. I'll guess USB???

2) Then start with the basics: Are you hearing the USB ding/dong sound affect as you should when connect / disconnect a USB device????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-fails-to-recognize-devices-after-installation.154050/
Relevancy 21.5%

Just installed a fresh copy of Windows Downloaded all updates and installed all of the latest drivers Everything seemed to work perfect I have one SATA drive for my data and two IDE CD amp DVD Both IDE drives worked fine Out of no were they disappeared off of my device list and they longer function The both flash during boot but then are no longer seen in bios or in Windows I was Windows longer no CD/DVD installation sees IDE of New 7 drives able to open up the case pull the power plugs out put them back in and then I was able to open close the drives but Windows still did not see them It is as if Windows is disabling them Please help Thanks Drive Setup SATA Master Gb Hard New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives Drive - Windows IDE Master CD R W IDE Slave DVD R W BIOS SETTINGS Onchip SATA Controller Enabled Onchip SATA Type AHCI Other options available Native IDE amp RAID Onchip SATA Port Type As SATA Type Other options available IDE I ve switched the settings many times in an attempt to get the drives to be seen No luck nbsp

A:New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives

Try this fix from MS:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-of-windows-7-no-longer-sees-ide-cd-dvd-drives.153725/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone, i have a problem with my sound card (probably). Ok here is the story .
I had windows xp he 2003 but my computer was full of some bugs and slower than ever so i decided to fromat my HDD.However my pc wouldn't boot the windows cd.So after making some "modifications" at the boot,ini file my pc wouldn't longer get into the windows. So i took a hitachi HDD from an acer aspire laptop that was broken(the laptop) and tryed to format this one.(The hitachi HDD had windows vista when on laptop) . So i now installed windows 7 ultimate and averything is just fine but one thing.I don't have sound, i tryied to download and install some drivers from realtek site but nothing happened.Pls give me any suggestions of what to do. oh and i forgot mention that i already tryied installing its own drivers.. but nothing.

A:Sound problem after Windows 7 installation

See if this might help Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards. Then let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-after-windows-7-installation.153425/
Relevancy 26.23%

I just reinstalled windows xp twice and still no sound.

My comp info:

Computer: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

-My mobo is Asus P4P800S

System: Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Version 2002
Service Pack 2 but will download Service Pack 3

-AC '97

-In device manager only thing with Yellow Question Mark is " Multimedia Audio Controller"
I tried download current Realtek driver but it doesn't work.

Someone please help me, if you need any more info I will try to get it.

A:No sound save me

hmm. probably, compatibility issue.. first,, uninstall your first installed audio driver. Then,download the driver on the link below. Install it and let us know the result.
http://www.nodevice.com/driver/P4P800S/get54761.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-save-me.153498/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi, I'm using windows 7 x64.

Network discovery and file sharing will not enable. My brother cannot access my shared folder from his computer (we're on a lan).

I read to enable these services:

Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Workstation

One or two were disabled so I started them. However Server will not start, it says: "The dependancy service or group failed to start."

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-discovery-and-file-sharing-will-not-enable.153154/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have the Overscan/Underscan settings set to 0% on the Overscan side and every time I start up my computer I have to set it again. Any ideas why it won't save this setting?

A:Radeon HD 5870 won't save overscan settings

you're not alone

Have the same problem here with HD 5670. overscan issue doesnt appear until drivers and CCC are installed. then the settings arent retained after a reboot will keep looking and post back if i find anything

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-5870-wont-save-overscan-settings.152502/
Relevancy 16.34%

Dear techs
I hope that you can help me.
My problem refers to an external 'backup' drive that gives the above error.
I have always disconnected the usb correctly
It was working perfectly nad then...
Is this the end of my essential back up? If yes. What is the point of having one?

A:Error message 'the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'

Are you able to read anything on the drive? Have you tried running checkdisk or scandisk in repair mode on the drive?

The fact is, drives fail. A backup is simply supposed to be a second copy of your important data, not the only place you store your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable.152109/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have a small file server that runs 24/7. I am concerned with the longevity of a standard HD that has spinning platters. Would a SSD drive be more reliable in the long run?

A:Should I go with a SSD drive for my small file server?

I'm pretty certain they aren't long term tested (and lack proper long term reliability and feedback information) in the real world environment yet, so probably wouldn't be best for essentia and/or critical server deployments.

However, wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to confirm this, because its entirely possible I'm incorrect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-go-with-a-ssd-drive-for-my-small-file-server.152220/
Relevancy 25.8%

I've inherited an elderly PC running Windows 2000. It boots with the screen in very coarse resolution, but I can use display properties to reset it to 1024x768, 24 colour. In fact it doesn't even need altering, as it shows 1024x768 already and no adjustment is needed.However on shut down it loses the new resolution, and boots again next time using the old.

Any ideas, please? I can connect to the internet if it is a matter of downloading drivers.

Thanks

A:Screen resolution will not save

You need to download and install the driver for that graphics chipe.

You have told us nothing about the computer. We cannot help you much until you tell us brand and model of computer, or of graphics card until we have that info. It is also possible that the graphics card or chip has failed, and that card will need to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-resolution-will-not-save.151292/
Relevancy 16.34%

Ok so I have two computers in my house one is mine and my sister computer and the other one is my dad computer so he set up a linksys router file sharing between our computer and i have got to find How Linksys sharing disable? File over router. to a way to disable it so he wont be able to explore my computer files of course not see my internet bookmarks and history how can i do it I File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable? am the administrator of my computer No biggie right Do i have to disable it from his laptop computer I just need to not let him explore my computer from his editing permission is useless when he wasnt home i tried exploring my computer from his and i could change security permissions like Modify Read and just explore C and D drives although I changed my specific folders secrutiy settings i could change them from his computer - its like he is the Workgoup network Admin he can do whatever he wants on my computer from his copmuter i have to disable this sharing plus - where can i learn about computer technology and all this interesting stuff So i will be able to do things myself nbsp

A:File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable?

lol

stop surfing the porn sites and you have nothing to worry about, your dad seems to know heaps more about pc's etc and anything you do he will undo.

as for where to learn,,,well in the words of the Beatles, here there and everywhere....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-over-linksys-router-how-to-disable.150939/
Relevancy 16.77%

How can i burn an 8gb .iso file onto a 4gb dvd disc?

A:Burn 8GB ISO file to 4GB disc?

jalba said:

How can i burn an 8gb .iso file onto a 4gb dvd disc?Click to expand...

Even with over-burn you still won't get it to work right. You need to buy the DL (dual layer DVD disc which handles 8.5GB. Regular DVD holds 4.7GB. Does your DVD player support DL?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burn-8gb-iso-file-to-4gb-disc.149717/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi All
Was trying to burn a cd to play in my car, I have put them in mwa. formats but they will play but no sound comes out.I have got a cd that does play and checked properties on it and it says that its a cdfs file format, Now what format can I change the files into that will play in my car please?
Cheers Bill

A:CDfs? need file format to play in my car

If your car doesn't support MP3 or WMA formats, convert the files to .WAV first and then burn as an audio CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cdfs-need-file-format-to-play-in-my-car.149464/
Relevancy 16.34%

whenever i try to copy files from my IDE DVD R/WR to my SATA hard if any sound is playing it will be echoed even click sounds on folders
setting of my DVD is master and I have one DVD plugged.
sound drive is installed

this Sony DVD was working on my old pc this new one has this problem.
thanks for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-in-echoing-sounds-while-i-am-copying-file-from-dvd-to-hard.149644/
Relevancy 21.5%

How do i install or upgrade the memory of this printer??

A:Kyocera FS-C5100DN memory chip installation

Most Kyocera's use a special memory configuration. You gain access to the slot to it is beneath the top part of the case, usually on the right side... which sometimes has to be accessed by removing screw drivers. If it is accessible, there is a diagram or photo on the Kyocera website for each model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-fs-c5100dn-memory-chip-installation.149611/
Relevancy 21.93%

Formatted a machine at work because of hal.dll error and reinstalled windows - everything is ok now as it's working but when booting it asks me which windows I want to boot from, the new one which I've just installed or the previous one which still contains the hal.dll error.

I can't understand this because the format completed 100% and took a long time as well.

How do I get rid of it?
What did I do wrong?
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer?

A:Formatted C: - old installation of XP still apparant?

i'll answer your questions in reverse
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer? = NO
What did I do wrong? = NO IDEA
If you have more than one drive, you have possibly installed OS on another drive
Did you delete partition and create a new drive from RAW format or the originial boot.ini file is still going to be present.
How do I get rid of it?

There's a hidden file in the root of your boot drive that not many people know about, called "boot.ini". It controls what happens at boot time. In the past the thing to do was to edit this file manually, but that's no longer necessary.

Right click on My Computer, and select Properties. Now click on the Advanced tab. In a section labeled Startup and Recovery click on the button labeled Settings. You should now be looking at a dialog: refer attached

Click on Edit to edit the startup options file (aka boot.ini) manually. That should open Notepad with something similar to the following from my machine:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

In this example, you can see that I have two options to choose from when I boot: Windows XP, and the Recovery Console. I'm guessing you have an additional line for theOS Setup that you had trouble with it. You can simply delete that line.

And if you're tired of having the computer wait 30 seconds for you to choose an operating system, you can also change the timeout value,

Save that file, and when you next reboot you should no longer have that additional option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-c-old-installation-of-xp-still-apparant.147666/
Relevancy 16.34%

Till now, I've been using esnips for (non bit torrent) free file sharing. Problem is:

esnips started requiring the esnips download manager for any esnips download and
The new esnips installer includes sneakware: it installs its own home page, search page, etc. unless one carefully reviews and unchecks all the installation options
So everytime i give someone a file sharing link i don't want to worry about warning them about the sneakware (and worse yet, they overlook the options and install the sneakware by mistake)
Any other good site recommendations? And would you know how they compare to ensips offer of free 5GB storage with 200MB limit per file?

A:Recommendations for free file sharing sites?

DropBox is pretty awesome; I use it a lot. If you upload via the desktop app, there's no limit on the file size, but you're limited to 300MB per file if you use the web browser uploader. The max for free storage is 2GB I believe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-free-file-sharing-sites.143483/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve looked through the forums and I ve seen several threads that address this issue but mine seems to be unique since the answers that worked for everyone else don Digital my Western book installation t work for me I hooked my new WD My Book Pro up to my PC but I can t get it Western Digital my book installation to show up anywhere that I can use it I shows up in my device manager and it also installed the WD Button in my task bar but when I left click on it the drive is grayed out I looked in my Disk Management section and it s not listed there I even did a hardware scan just in case There are a couple of things I noticed in my Device Manager First my C drive is located at and my nd internal drive D is located at My MyBook is located at Location Could it be interfering with my C drive somehow Do I need to mess with jumper settings on my SATA internal drives Second is when I click on properties for my MyBook then to the Volumes tab and hit populate I get the error quot VOLUME INFORMATION CANNOT BE FOUND THIS MAY HAPPEN IF THE DISK IS A OR ON A WIN MACHINE quot I am running WinXP Pro on a Dell E ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance I have screenshots if you need them I just can t post them yet since I m a n b nbsp

A:Western Digital my book installation

It could be defective. Try it in another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-my-book-installation.145578/
Relevancy 20.64%

i just bought an nvidia Ge force 9400 gt and tried installing the drivers and i get an error message that says
(the nvidia setup program has detected that one or more Microsoft hardware installation wizards are active. do you want to continue with setup? click yes to minimize setup until you complete or cancel the other installation wizard(s). click no to exit setup.)
the installation wizard is trying to automatically install the hardware but if i go into control panel/administrative tools/plug and play and disable plug and play like i was told, the program says that there is no available graphics adapter but the original error message telling me other installation programs are running is gone. how am i supposed to install these drivers if windows is trying to install them with another program? How can i disable hardware install wizard so that it doesnt disable the graphics adapter PLEASE HELP!

A:Windows hardware installation manager overrides my Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT install

Follow these steps to install your new graphics card:

1. Download the latest drivers for your card. Clean all old video drivers from your system. You may use Driver Sweeper if you wish.
2. Shut your PC down and put the new GPU in the motherboard slot.
3. Start up the system and change your primary graphics adapter in BIOS to PCI-E (assuming you have a PCI-E card) or PCI / AGP.
4. After logging in to Windows just close the Hardware Installation Wizard when it comes up. Double click on the drivers you downloaded and it should be installed without any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-hardware-installation-manager-overrides-my-nvidia-geforce-9400-gt-install.145908/
Relevancy 21.5%

Any build that I have done the case has been designed with the PSU top mounted. However, the latest trend has been cases with the PSU mounted on the bottom. I am looking at purchasing a new case for a new build and the PSU will be installed on the bottom.

What are the advantages? Anything to be aware of? Thanks.

A:Cases Designed for PSU Bottom Installation: Advantages?

Having built a few systems with bottom mount PSU's (including my own 800D and Lian Li's) I'd say the principle differences are:
1. Most modern bottom mount cases have divided interiors (thermal zones)- the "floor" of the main mobo compartment channels air to chipset/graphics card more efficiently.
2. Bottom mount provides better cable hiding and cable management (providing that there is sufficient room behind the motherboard tray and adequate cut-outs in the tray)
3. Centre of gravity is much lower
4. If the chassis has top mount fans then heat dispersal is good. A top mount PSU is ingesting warm air.
5. Most bottom mount chassis I've used have better clearance/less cluttered space above the motherboard tray, thus a better arrangement for larger aftermarket CPU coolers.
6. If watercooling, a roof mounted radiator is much more effective than a vertical mount-it will also make for a cleaner complete-in-chassis install -Assuming of course that the chassis roof is capable of accepting a rad.

That's about it.

BTW: If the bottom mount PSU chassis is a full tower then checking out the cable length for the motherboard 24 pin and EPS 12v on the PSU before final install could be an advantage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cases-designed-for-psu-bottom-installation-advantages.146030/
Relevancy 17.2%

Right now i have 6 gigs of ram on my computer and over 10 gigs of page file ram. Do i need that? If i didnt use page file ram, would it make my computer faster or slower?

A:I have 6gb ram. Do I still need page file ram?

What OS are you using? Generally the OS allocates the pagefile. No matter how much RAM you have, a certain amount of pagefile is always necessary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-6gb-ram-do-i-still-need-page-file-ram.145859/
Relevancy 16.77%

Dell Inspiron laptop was thrown Dell clear to log how file? diagnostics, in the trash because AFAI can tell there were several keys dead on the keyboard random shut downs from overheating because fan Dell diagnostics, how to clear log file? was dead had some Windows errors etc After installing new keyboard new fan wiping hard drive and reinstalling Windows I ran Dell Diagnostics from F boot menu just for the heck of it I got the error code - Log contains previous errors I did a full low level format as suggested by the diagnostics using UBCD with the proper hard drive Samsung utility After full format and reinstall I get no errors from the UBCD Samsung utility But when I go back into F Dell Diagnostics I get same error Log contains previous errors Where is this Dell log stored and how do I clear it of these previous errors I ran the Samsung utility again just for S amp Gs and it says the drive passed perfectly with no errors so this has to be a problem with Dell Diagnostics storing old errors Does anybody know how to clear this log of previous errors nbsp

A:Dell diagnostics, how to clear log file?

Update the bios? There should be an option in the bios to clear the log file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-diagnostics-how-to-clear-log-file.145128/
Relevancy 17.2%

Here is the deal:
I have a laptop with windows XP (an HPDV2000) upstairs. it has some rather large files on it that i cant fit on a flash drive.
Downstairs i have a desktop with windows vista home premium. this has a netgear router plugged in via ethernet (and of course to the wall for power, LOL). i have connected, wirelessly, the laptop to this router.

I need to to transfer the files from the laptop to the desktop. how would i go about doing this?

I have no actuall internet connection on this router, just currently using the router for home networking.

thanks in advance!

A:File sharing help

this is Print/File Sharing and the twist is the Vista Machine.

You need a consistent Workgroup Name for all systems,
Enable Simple File Sharing
add P/Fs to the firewall settings (the exception tab)

first test is that systemA can Ping systemB and conversely; w/o that nothing works.
from there it's the config of P/Fs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-help.144933/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
I have dell dimension 4600. I want this pc to connect my tv. my tv have s-video. so i bought Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440 64mb S-Video Card DVI AGP G0770. I fix the card in slot and start the system. now my monitor is not working. but i connected to tv.

when i remove the card from slot, now monitor working great.. I need both to work. because for watching movies only i go for tv. other works need to use monitor.

how to solve this issue.

please help me.

thanks in advance.

Nataraj

A:S-video installation problem in Dell Dimension 4600

Right-click on the desktop and select the Nvidia Control Panel. See if you can adjust the settings to allow you to watch TV and use the computer at the same time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-video-installation-problem-in-dell-dimension-4600.144739/
Relevancy 16.77%

I just got a new NAS and am backing up my computer. I just wanted to know how long a 10Gb transfer should take over the network? I know there are many variables but am just curious as to how long you believe it should take. I have GB network but that I know has nothing to do with a NAS.
patriot pcnasvk35s2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822219003
It is connected directly to Ethernet 1GB switch. Nothing is wireless in the connection. It all goes through an AT&T router/modem from 2wire a 1702HG Gateway.

A:How long should file transfers take?

How long should file transfers take?Click to expand...

until they are done

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-long-should-file-transfers-take.143617/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi, I use a wave file as a welcome for when I log on to my computer.
Question: Is there a way to join 2 seperate wav files and make it one?
Is there a freeware program that can help me do that?

A:Wav file...

Check out http://audacity.sf.net - it's a great piece of open source software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wav-file.143629/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey,

I have windows 7 and used the complete backup feature to make VHD files, is there any way to use the files to mount the VHD to a new hard drive, and be able to boot off it?, because I want to switch my entire PC from a slow hard drive to a new one.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mount-a-vhd-file-on-a-different-hard-drive.143309/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, i've been bothered by this problem. Everytime i try to install ATI Radeon graphics card on my computer, it says "an unknown error occured. please restart ATI Catalyst Install Manager". I've been thinking where or what is the error. i've changed my OS thinking it will work if changed. By the way here's some question:

>is it possible to install ATI Radeon driver w/o it's card?

>can it be installed with an Intel 82945G graphics accelerator driver AGP?

here's my system specs:

RAM: 1016 Mb ram
Sound: Realtek high definition audio driver
Processor: 2 intel @ 3.00 Ghz processor
Directx: Directx10 prefix

please help me! i can't play the games i want Thanks a lot for the response
****************************************************************************************************
if someone could read this who is from the philippines contact me if you can help pls... here's my number > 09129110983

A:Big problem with ATI Radeon driver installation

You could try running Driver Sweeper and then installing the ATI drivers. See how that goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/big-problem-with-ati-radeon-driver-installation.143005/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi,i need a bat file for changing IP address randomly ..Also should change in the ip range.For ex.now this is my setting..

Ip address : 192.168.1.2
subnet mask : 255.0.0.0
default gateway :192.168.1.1

preferred dns :125.22.47.125
alternate dns :202.56.250.5

Now i need a bat file which should change my ip address alone randomly in the range 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.100...I dont know its possible or not..but i need to do this how can i..thanks in advance..

A:Change IP - bat file needed

hmm; very strange request to perform randomization via bat file.

we normally recommend using DHCP to make the assignments to avoid collisions with
other systems on the subnet.

there is no advantage to randomization

so imo, this is very suspicious of being some kind of hacking effort ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-ip-bat-file-needed.141773/
Relevancy 16.34%

hi to all my father have External Maxtor unreadable the is not file accesibile is corrupted directory Disk and or DiamondMax HDD GB To tell the truth its not external coz Disk is not accesibile the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable when you open the cage its normal IDE HDD anyway other day he was working with it via USB and when he finished he unpluged the HDD quot WITHOUT quot stoping the USB service for Disk is not accesibile the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable the HDD device and noiw the problem when he try to plug in the HDD via USB the comp doesnt see it and when i take it off the cage and conect it via IDE the BIOS recognise it and in quot my Computer quot there is an icon of the disk but when i try to get in the disk it says f disk is accesible The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable please help in the disk he has more than GB of memorys and stuff thanx and best regards to all p d i have mainboard ASUS A V win XP pro service pack tindrli nbsp

A:Disk is not accesibile the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

Try and remove the drivers (if any) and all other references to it for the external HD.
When you plug it in as an IDE, make sure you set it correctly to Master or Slave!
What was the drive-letter when used as an external HD? And what as IDE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-is-not-accesibile-the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable.48003/
Relevancy 25.37%

Do anyone help me save my sms text message to my desktop computer for backup?
If you can help me read and manager sms in computer will be great thankful
PS:My phone is HTC-p4500 on windows mobile 6.

A:How to save mobile text message to PC?

I'm not sure if this will help:

http://reviews.cnet.com/1991-11400_7-6416968-8.html

Says you should have software for it, you will also need the USB cord to hook it up to your computer, unless it has Blue tooth you might be able to get it off that way, but I doubt it. Goodluck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-save-mobile-text-message-to-pc.140887/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone

I need your to help install my sata 2 HD.
I have an Intel DQ35JO motherboard and i try to install a second HD Seagate 500gb Sata 2.
I have already a 80gb Sata1 drive My motherboard support only Sata1 HD but when i went to buy a second one at my local shop the salesman told me that i shouldn't have a problem at installation if i buy a Sata 2 Drive ( it should be recognized ). I installed it and when i boot my PC stuck and doesn't loading windows. I 've already tried to put a jumper at the disk but nothing happened. This is the second Sata 2 HD that i bought ( i thought that the first one was broken).

Does anyone knows why is this happening?

Thanks in advance

P.S Sorry for my english

A:Sata 2 HD installation problem

Model Number

Hi,

Can you post the model number of teh drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-2-hd-installation-problem.140905/