Windows Support Forum

Trying to get help for over a month.

Q: Trying to get help for over a month.

Going to try here one more time before I scrap this computer About a month get over a help for month. to Trying ago I got the quot fake anti-virus quot virus I ve seen it called the quot Rogue anti virus quot I deleted the virus presumably but major damage seems to be irreversible Computer is extremely slow Trying to get help for over a month. now it seems to by constantly running something making a lot of noise lights flashing etc Under task manager nothing unusual is running Just getting firefox to open is a major chore as it usually results in quot program is not responding quot Exe files no longer work If I place a video game into the disc Trying to get help for over a month. try the installer will not open For example a blizzard game will come up as quot blizzardinstaller exe quot under task manager but then it will close within seconds I also have problems launching about of exe programs that are already installed and if they do launch then they are impossible to use due to the lag which use to never be a issue The virus deleted all system restore points when it deleted the system restore program In its current state this computer is almost impossible to work on super laggy Ideally I would like to do a full system restore I don t have a disc Is there a way to do a full system restore on Win during the start up process I ve tried the majority of the F keys but have yet to find anything Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Trying to get help for over a month.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 34.83%

I m sorry if this is in the wrong 3 laptop on Many with issues month place - I d really really appreciate some help though I have a month old Toshiba Satellite A couple of weeks ago after Many issues with 3 month on laptop a Windows Update it went a bit wonky saying there were corrupt files I ran sfc scannow it found some things but couldn t fix them I did chkdsk and sfc a couple more times after which it said all was okay but the Windows Update Troubleshooter thing still said there were corrupt files and I was getting the odd error Many issues with 3 month on laptop and a few warnings in event viewer Sick of fiddling with the thing I did system refresh - after which all seemed okay for a few days during which I chose to not look at event viewer - partly cause I was getting too stressed with it and partly in the hopes that after the refresh then having to install about updates I d give it some time Many issues with 3 month on laptop to calm down or something Yesterday - I noticed everything was running rather slow so I rebooted the machine then everything was running extremely slowly I checked task manager and it said disk use and RAM use although nothing was running save a webpage and task manager I was advised that the Skype app which came pre-installed on the machine has never had issues before and I have used all of once was causing some problems so I uninstalled that I ran Avast anti virus scan nothing found I tried to run sfc scan but it said quot another servicing or repair operation is currently running Wait for this to finish then run sfc again quot Not a clue what that might have been I tried a few times wouldn t run At this point I gave in for the night Today I have ran sfc scan - nothing found Usage for disk RAM and CPU are still high although varying a lot Disk was even down at for a while earlier I notice that Google Chrome is in the Task Manager times I don t think this is normal I have one window open only One of the listings is for the Chrome app which I am not using Avast is in there twice once with the logo and once without I don t know if that means anything About times so far today my cursor has frozen for a few seconds There are a few errors and warnings in event viewer I have a copy of this on skydrive and can put a link on here if anyone wants to see it In brief the warnings are ESENT which viewer says is likely due to hardware problem yay ESENT again says probably hardware Kernel-PnP x DNS Client Events The errors are Service Control Manager terminated unexpectedly Application Error TrustedInstaller exe x Application Hang for wwahost exe and LiveComm exe x DistributedCOM x Apps Those are all the ones since yesterday morning Sorry if that s too much info or not enough I d be very grateful for any help - a new laptop shouldn t be this much hassle I phoned the Toshiba number as it s under warranty only for the guy to tell me he would have advised me to do anti virus scan sfc scan then check task manager - all of which I d already done and if I wanted more in-depth advice I could sign up for extended warranty for a one-off easy payment of just Swines Thank you very very much in advance I can t tell you how grateful I will be if this can get sorted If restore to factory settings thing will magically fix everything then just give me the word and I ll do it I have backed up my files and any apps or programmes installed I don t care enough about to warrant putting up with these issues Though the OS came preinstalled on the laptop so I don t have it on disc don t know if I might need it if I do a reset The OS is Windows nbsp

A:Many issues with 3 month on laptop

I would suggest that you restore the laptop to it's "like new" settings and re-apply all the Windows updates

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-issues-with-3-month-on-laptop.199993/
Relevancy 34.4%

hello i have a new acer aspire 5552 laptop computer that keeps crashing. despite the fact that i have paretologic pc health advisor installed on it. i keep scanning and fixing but it doesn't seem to work out. Please can some one help me PLZZZZ B4 I BRAKE MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:One month old Acer computer keeps crashing

If it's only a month old and continually crashes, I would be taking it back under warranty, get a replacement. But, does it crash as soon as you are into Windows desktop, or when you open a certain program, or when you try to get on the net?
Does it do the same thing every time, or does it run well sometimes? You can't go checking inside for faulty parts, or your warranty will be void. Tricky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-month-old-acer-computer-keeps-crashing.158065/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a 3 month old 9500 GT that started just this past Monday giving me fuzzy windows on one of my dual monitors. It seems to only give the fuzzy screen on whatever window I have the extended desktop on. The fuzzy screen only happens when the video card is on its highest setting of (1680 x1050) for both screens, however, if I change the extended desktop setting to a smaller resolution the problem goes away. I have updated the drivers to NVIDIA's latest driver but it didn't fix the problem. I am using VGA cables which shouldn't be a problem since it worked for three months. I checked the cables and the monitors on different machines and they all work fine. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks.

Machine Specs:
Vista Home Prem. 32 bit
AMD Triple core 8400 2.1 GHZ
3 Gigs RAM DDR667

A:3 month old 9500 GT displays fuzzy windows

Is your Vista upgraded to Service Pack 1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-month-old-9500-gt-displays-fuzzy-windows.124302/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all Summary Am having a custom-built PC that worked just great for the last months Then I started getting random issues BSODs mouse-keyboard freeze computer fails to shut-dowm after OS shutting down For the system freezes, Random six-month old BSODs, past Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system two weeks now the issues are getting more and more frequent No significant changes were made to the hardware or software Have run UltimateBootCD scans removed almost all hardware except bare bones CPU Mobo Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system nVidia graphcis card memory PS keyboard and mouse and power supply plus fresh install of Vista SP bit WinXP Pro with without any third-party drivers Once a freeze happens it is a lot faster to happen again even after a fresh reboot Freeze happens with bootable CD programs also that s why I did not list HDD and DVD drive into the bare bones list above -- if I have one of the two Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system I can start the system and issues happen Here s the current configuration see more freezes here than BSODs Intel Core Quad Q GHz Abit Fatal ty FP-IN motherboard No overclocking GB RAM passes UltimateBootCD tests EVGA GT PCI-x graphics card Antec EarthWatts W power supply Plain old PS keyboard and mouse USB mouse also has same results Vista SP -bit with and without latest updates Also tested WinXP SP Pro same issues Also bootable CDs result in the same issues Prior original configuration more BSODs than freezes GB RAM passes UltimateBootCD tests Windows Mem diags tests Two SATA GB s GB Seagate hard-drives pass all scans Windows BootCD One SATA Samsung DVD-RW One Sony PATA DVD-RW Curiously if I enable boot-up memory tests in Bios it fails for GB and keeps on rebooting Yet with bios RAM tests disabled Windows Mem diags and UltimateBootCDs all pass after - hours running Installed SpeedFan on otherwise fresh OS install Let it track and show temperature and voltage charts all the way till freeze happens There is no jump seen in either temperatures or voltages This is NOT tracking nVidia card temperature though which does get hot but not enough to prevent me from touching for several seconds Some folks suggest Power supply may be bad Also nVidia cards have over-heating issue per the news all over the place a few months back Abit motherboard company seems to be gone Everything except keyboard mouse and Sony DVD-RW is new and under warranty Just that I do not know quot what quot is bad Bought Asus P Q SE mobo to see if that helps But a google search before opening the box said that folks have similar problems with that Mobo too Please help nbsp

A:Random BSODs, freezes, six-month old system

Found some place online to try disabling EIST and C1E CPU settings in bios. Did that, problems still exist.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-freezes-six-month-old-system.117245/
Relevancy 34.83%

recently i've been running a cs server and i guess it took up alot of bandwidth..

just a week ago when i opened up my webbrowswer this little rogers thing pop out on the top of the webbrowser saying i've reached 75% of my bandwidth

now i just wanna know if i went over yet or exactly how much more cause its been a week and i need to know if i'm at 90% yet or w.e so i don't get charged

and also, i'm a youtuber and i was wondering if it takes up alot of bandwidth?

A:How do I check how much bandwidth I used this month?

so could you check or i'd have to call my isp O_O

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-check-how-much-bandwidth-i-used-this-month.112937/
Relevancy 34.83%

http secure newegg com WishList PublicWishDetail aspx WishListNumber amp WishListTitle my How is my build looking like so far Of course i still have only the case and some of to in or first my pc build month Going a two... those parts I ve found at other places then newegg I have in amazon monies saved up too would be nice to use it for parts But being a Going to build my first pc in a month or two... deal finder amazon just doesn t do combo Going to build my first pc in a month or two... deals or really has anything cheap for computers This list isn t set in stone either I like the low power consumption of that cpu but am also considering the black addition or similar Was also considering the dual gpu ati video cards as well in case I end up having only one pcie Going to build my first pc in a month or two... slot Looked more towards a board like this so I could still run the system even if I didn t have all the parts yet even has hdmi Though I haven t looked at monitors at all either or desks yet so it won t be on the floor lol Well tell me what you think Thanks - nbsp

A:Going to build my first pc in a month or two...

Looks decent.

* You can get the video card cheaper if you don't need that exact one. The 9600GTs should be able to be found for ~$130 on Newegg.

* That power supply isn't very good. Look at Corsair's 650W single rail one, or any 475W or above from brands like Enermax, Antec, PC Power&Cooling...

* Probably not worth your money for that CPU cooler. Since you are looking at a Retail CPU it will come with a stock heatsink and fan which will probably be about the same performance as that Rosewill one. If you aren't going to overclock you can get by with the stock heatsink and fan just fine. If you are going to overclock you'll want a better one than the Rosewill.

* I've had a case like that (2 actually) with the rear exhaust fan area being really 2 levels (see here) and its more difficult than it should be to put in a fan because you can't actually hold the screw while you are putting it through 2 of the holes. Its not a HUGE deal, and it can be done, its just harder than I'd like. I would suggest considering any of the tool less cases (which really only mean you don't screw in hds and cd drives) they are much better to work with. The price is slightly higher, but I saved you $20 on the HSF, so maybe look at something like this. Shipping on those things is outrageous, but occationally they will do free shipping, so be on the look out for that. Also if you order from Newegg, they don't charge you shipping for each individual part and add them up, they charge for what it costs to ship them all together. So if you are going to order a case without free shipping it will save you some money overall if you order several other parts at the same time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/going-to-build-my-first-pc-in-a-month-or-two.108226/
Relevancy 34.83%

After getting an EA430 at newegg and being very satisfied, it suddenly died on me while playing TF2. It is really weird and forced me to revert back to my old PSU which meant uninstalling my 3850 as well. Should PSUs die so quickly? I thought Antec was a reliable company. Did I just get unlucky and get the 1/100,000 faulty PSU?

A:PSU died after a month

just bad luck
the PSU is good enough for your system
but add another drive and I say you need 500 to 600 watts
I don't know what you need for the vid card
I always go 30% more in power when building a system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-died-after-a-month.100160/
Relevancy 33.97%

Budget 1600-1800 euros.
What I'm planning to get:
Mobo: I have no idea
CPU: E8500 3.16 ghz; This is 45nm If I'm correct (Should be out 20 Januari at 266$ from what I hear)
Graphics Card: NVidia 8800GT *2 I'm not entirely sure about this I was originally planning on getting a card in the 9000 series but it appears it's gonna take a while before they're coming out.
RAM: I have no idea except for that I'm probably getting 4 gigs
HDD: WD Caviar 320GB*2 for Raid purposes
Case: I have no Idea
Sound Card: I'm hoping the integrated sound card from the mobo will do the job nicely.

That's about it I think.

A:I'm planning on building a new PC next month, I need some advice on the parts.

What you got there makes good sense. With your budget it seems all you need to do is get the best mobo available. One thing I like to remind you though, is not to get cheap on your PSU. Hope the CPU will come out on time. Please keep us up to date on your project. Enjoy!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-planning-on-building-a-new-pc-next-month-i-need-some-advice-on-the-parts.94591/
Relevancy 34.83%

as the title says i brought a GB RAM troubles Month Long DDR PC ram stick from Buffalo a month ago I ve search countless hours trying to get answers on how to get this thing working trust me it s been years since i built this computer and only months since i ve been able to use it I ve tried to Month Long RAM troubles upgrade so many times and only to Month Long RAM troubles fail in the end This time im not giving up I ve upgraded my bios and tried everything told on previous websites but i cant Month Long RAM troubles get this stick to boot to the Windows Load screen all it ll do is go through the whole bios screen and etc and then the screen goes black but when it goes black it kinda has that eerie glow Kinda like when you first load up a game right before it shows the companie s logos Please i beg you mercy Help me before i take a sledgehammer to this thing nbsp

A:Month Long RAM troubles

Seems as if you have a failing monitor, or a failing video graphics port, rather than any sort of a memory issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/month-long-ram-troubles.87530/
Relevancy 33.54%

-I have an eVGA GeForce mb PCIe video card that is about months old I m using it on a Gigabyte k n-sli mobo with a w Antec Neo HE PSU -I powered up my computer like I do every day but the monitor was black it didn t blink or anything it acts like the computer is turned off -I looked at my card and the fan wasn t on is it supposed to be on all the time -I then installed an old PCI video card and took out the and the system booted up fine -I then reinstalled the but left the moniter plugged into the old PCI gpu so that I could look in Window s Device Manager to see if it was even recognizing my but the old PCI gpu doesn t display anything while the is plugged in My problem I 6 eVGA GeForce suddenly 6600 blacks out month old don t know if it s the I don t have another system to test it on or the mobo s PCIe ports which showed up fine in Device Manager Do I need a new graphics card I didn t do anything to damage it so what could have caused the problem nbsp

A:6 month old eVGA GeForce 6600 suddenly blacks out

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Try doing a clean install of Video drivers, removing all drivers first.
Check to see if there are any newer MoBo chipset drivers,
HERE

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-month-old-evga-geforce-6600-suddenly-blacks-out.50392/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok this is a problem that has been bugging me for many months I have tried everything and I mean everything First my specs Intel P ghz ram Soundblaster Live Value Gateway diediediediedie sorry Alright well first off I m into making movies with my friends I use a Sony Digital Handycam and upload to my pc via a Pyro Firewire IEEE- Card Well I used to be able to do this but one fateful day I turned on my camera and plugged it in and my pc locked up I turned off the camera and the PC unlocked I thought that was odd When locked cannot ctrl-alt-delete THese process FireWire month 2 Fiasco, are the things I FireWire Fiasco, 2 month process tried Reverted Drive to when it worked nada Called Gateway took me through some config options nada REFORMATTED COMPUTER nada Unistalled drivers in safe mode and reinstalled same prob Bought new card same problem so the card being the prob is out of the pic Tried neighbors camera nada made it pretty obvious that the pc itself was to blame Gateway refused to help me anymore unless I bought THEIR card same problem Gateway refused to help me ANYWAY citing it was Sonys problem THE COLD HEARTED B DS Uncle suggested that it might be sharing an IRQ with something AND IT WAS I was so happy I moved the card the another port and made sure it was on it s on IRQ PLUGGED IT IN Lockup At this point I was ready to kill something This is stressing me out so much I think I am losing my hair I m Please ANY advice you could give me would be great I m probably forgetting something that I did it ll come to me PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:FireWire Fiasco, 2 month process

What OS are you using?

If it's an IRQ problem, which it sounds like, you can't change the IRQ by just switching PCI slots, you have to change the IRQ via the Device Manager. I would give you directions to the DM, but I don't know what Windows you're using, if even using Windows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firewire-fiasco-2-month-process.2569/
Relevancy 33.11%

From www viahardware com ibm gxp shtm The revelation that IBM s GXP line of drives was only rated for hours of usage per month kicked off a storm of controversy and discussion both here at VH and at other use disk VIAHardware's restriction month of GXP lowdown hard of per IBM hours 333 websites as well With little actual data to go on however speculation has run rampant and official response has been scarce VH launched its own investigation into the issue with the goal of examining IBM s claims regarding the GXP s optimum usage whether such claims were sufficiently documented and how consumers may wish to respond to the situation We ve organized this article in a question-and-answer format to allow for simpler organization and easier reading with the questions themselves designed to walk a reader through the situation IBM VIAHardware's lowdown of IBM GXP hard disk 333 hours of use per month restriction unfortunately would not provide additional information or official comment on VIAHardware's lowdown of IBM GXP hard disk 333 hours of use per month restriction the GXP situation despite repeated phone calls and requests for data Click to expand News post with more details http www dspotlight com vb showthread php s amp threadid Source from www viahardware com nbsp

A:VIAHardware's lowdown of IBM GXP hard disk 333 hours of use per month restriction

Thanks Arris!
Though i'm too scared to read the full article (as my harddrives might they think should decided to crash), it's quite nice to get some more info on how I should set up my case...

Now i know I'm going to buy a harddrive fan..!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viahardwares-lowdown-of-ibm-gxp-hard-disk-333-hours-of-use-per-month-restriction.671/
Relevancy 34.4%

I just got mine today & they installed ok. I rebooted & shortly afterward the MS icon popped up so I clicked on it & allowed it to download what turned out to be 1 more update

Ok, now the icon has re appeared for the 3rd time I think & I am considering ignoring it because I'm thinking it'll do the same thing. My MS updates are set to automatic. Any suggestions? XP Pro MCE is the OS

A:Problem with this month's Windows Update

Set IE as your DEFAULT BROWSER

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-this-months-windows-update.187239/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, for the past month or so, I've been dealing with random BSODs on my windows 7 laptop (Sager NP4658), can someone tell me what's causing them?  I've attached the dump files from the last month to this post.

I've already done a chkdsk which found no corruptions, SFC 'did not find any integrity violations', and verifier.exe (only tested all non-microsoft drivers) found no problems.

A:Frequent BSODs for the past month

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ Out of 7 memory dumps there were 6 different BSOD error codes.  The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)- missing Windows Updates- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems- low-level driver problems- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.htmlDaemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen both dtsoftbus01.sys and dtscsibus.sys blamed on several occasions).Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration):  New link (15 Aug 2012):  http://www.duplexsecure.com/downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).Alternate link:  http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptdManual procedure here:  http://daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.htmlAnalysis:The following is for informational purposes only.[font=lucida console]**************************Thu Jun 11 20:20:10.037 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\061115-6926-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]7601[/B].18798.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654
System Uptime:[B]0 days 6:03:49.880[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by :[B]igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+15080e )[/B]
BugCheck [B]119, {1, d3aad4, 53aad6, 53aad3}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000119]VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The driver has reported an invalid fence ID.
Arg2: 0000000000d3aad4
Arg3: 000000000053aad6
Arg4: 000000000053aad3
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x119
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]X64_0x119_1_DRIVER_REPORTED_INVALID_FENCE_ID_igdkmd64+15080e[/B]
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz"
MaxSpeed:     2800
CurrentSpeed: [B]2793[/B]
  BIOS Version                  1.03.03RLS1
  BIOS Release Date             04/03/2014
  Manufacturer                  Notebook                &#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579203/frequent-bsods-for-the-past-month/
Relevancy 34.83%

My 2 yr old pc experiencing bsod about 3x a week this month, plss help

proc: amd athlon II X4 635 (quad)
memory: 2 gb
video: NVDIA Geforece GT 220 (1gb)

A:BSOD three times a month or so

An Nvidia video driver is causing this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-three-times-a-month-or-so.187188/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone I m experiencing an issue with my month old gaming desktop Randomly during certain games I experience blue screens that occur at various times Sometimes I can play a game for ten minutes sometimes I can t even get into the main menu sometimes I can play for hours etc A little about my computer first I m running Windows on an MSI Z A-GD motherboard with an EVGA NVIDIA GeForce Ti GPU an Intel i - CPU GB of RAM and a Rosewill XTREME Series W PSU along with a Western Digital old PC a Windows month bluescreening custom on WD Black TB HDD and a LITE-ON Black Internal x Blu-Ray combo drive This didn t start happening Windows bluescreening on a month old custom PC until a little over a week ago I was launching Empires Total War when my computer unexpectedly went to the blue screen and restarted I attempted to play again and got about twenty minutes into the game before it happened again I then went and tried a few other games Borderlands Darksiders II EVE Online Torchlight II Saints Row the Third and so on Each game eventually leads to a blue screen in fact all my games do except for League of Legends and I ve tested my RAM with each individual stick I ve done a system restore and even wiped my hard drive to no avail I thought then that it might be a heating issue and grabbed an extra case fan and cleared up some of the wiring inside the case for better air flow but that doesn t seem to have helped much if at all Now I m wondering if it s my video card being faulty I hope it s as simple as that the card is still under warranty and I can send in for a replacement if that s the case Anything you guys have to offer will be great Here s the problem details that pop up after the crash Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA F B BCP FFFFFA F E BCP FFFFF FD OS Version Service Pack Product I know that the guidelines say to post a minidump file with this but whenever I attempt to upload one I get an error saying quot The upload file does not have an allowed extension quot Any idea what I can do to get it up here Also thanks in advance for any help you guys have to offer ETA It also says that I need to contact the administrator and file owner to access it even though I m the admin of the computer and the only one who uses it nbsp

A:Windows bluescreening on a month old custom PC

Okay so I figured it out. I only have one minidump at the moment, I believe the rest were lost during the wipe.

Anyways, here it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-bluescreening-on-a-month-old-custom-pc.186201/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am working on the following PC OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name WS System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GBF System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Intel Corp BF A A P SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system in Blue Past the Month 7 Screens Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name WS admin Time Zone Pacific Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available 7 Blue Screens in the Past Month Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB 7 Blue Screens in the Past Month Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys It has had BSOD s in the past month Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter ddd aadc parameter parameter e da parameter d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters dd c d aadc c e d c a Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code e parameter c parameter parameter f a c parameter f a d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c c f a c c f a Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter parameter e parameter e parameter c b d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c e c e c c b Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter fe parameter f a eac parameter f a e c parameter f b b f d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters c fe f a eac c f a e c c f b b f Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code e parameter c parameter parameter ee c parameter d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c c ee c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code e parameter c parameter ee f parameter ee d parameter ee cc d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c ee f c ee c d ee cc Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer WS Description Error code parameter cbe b parameter parameter ee f parameter d System E f rror Er f f ror code d Param eters cb c e b c ee f c Steps that I have performed I have ran the debuging tools for windows and have logs if anyone is interested in viewing them I have ran memtest Burnin and have tested the Hard drive with seagate drive utility I have ran multiple Virus malware spyware scans and have removed all that was found Malwarebytes hijackthis unhackme spybot ccleaner windows cleanup etc I have updated all the intel drivers and Bios I Have defragmented the HD and have all the latest updates from Microsoft Can someone please help me figure this one out I love a challange but this one has got me boggled Thank you to any and all that can help me Stagnantdata nbsp

A:7 Blue Screens in the Past Month

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 71.73 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GBClick to expand...

Do you happen to have a 1 Gig card to put in that? (removing the 512Meg card too)

Also can you set the PageFile to Windows default (if not already)

And lastly can you turn off all Windows startups and test again (possibly including un-installing Antivirus or any other live protecting 3rd party program startups)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7-blue-screens-in-the-past-month.115571/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi

I got another 2 new BSOD's just this month.

attached dmp files.

thanks in adavance

A:2 new BSODs this month

Inside the 2 Minidumps:

BugCheck 7A, {c05cf000, c000000e, b9e0050c, 34354860}
Probably caused by : atapi.sys

BugCheck 1000008E, {80000004, 806ecae1, a10f4130, 0}
Unable to load image igxpmp32.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : pci.sys
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exeClick to expand...

Sorry must go, but I put the faulting process in bold

Initial thoughts
Looks like driver issue. You need to update all your drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-new-bsods-this-month.113554/
Relevancy 34.83%

Month old PC Windows bit BSOD help appreciated Hi Folks my PC has been running great for the last months however now whenever I try and launch a D game the PC will 64-bit, old PC BSOD 7 6-month Windows hit a BSOD within - minutes of launch So far I ve up to date with windows updates updated the BIOS to latest 6-month old PC Windows 7 64-bit, BSOD memtest ed the RAM - passed tried running with just one DIMM updated to the latest video drivers installed the latest direct X chkdsk ed - no problems I m out of ideas now so would really appreciate so help Included dxdiag and last minidumps Thank You -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - DirectX Motherboard CPU Type Intel Core i - K GHz Sandybridge-E Socket LGA Processor - OEM Motherboard Name Asus P X PRO Intel X Socket DDR System Memory Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz DualQuad Channel Kit CMZ GX M A C PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series TX M High Performance W Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply CP- -UK Display Video Adapter - Gainward GeForce GTX Ti quot Phantom quot MB GDDR PCI-Express Monitor HP x LED Series Wide LCD Monitor NoDB CNC P Y Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Asmedia x SATA Controller SCSI RAID Controller Intel R C Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller SCSI RAID Controller Marvell xx SATA G Controller OS HDD Crucial RealSSD M GB quot SATA Gbs Solid State Hard Drive CT M SSD Data HDD Samsung SpinPoint F TB SATA-II MB Cache - OEM HD SJ Blue Ray Drive Samsung SH-B LRSBP x BluRay ROM DVDRW DL amp RAM Lightscribe SATA-II Optical Drive Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Network Adapter Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Device ASUS Bluetooth USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Root Hub USB Device USB Root Hub nbsp

A:6-month old PC Windows 7 64-bit, BSOD

No bug check string, and you should be running DX11. This is a problem with your Nvidia video driver. Do you have the latest?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-month-old-pc-windows-7-64-bit-bsod.181387/
Relevancy 34.83%

Windows 7 64 Bit OS

Computer Hardware:
Intel i5 cpu 760 2.8 GHZ
4 GB ram
Radeon HD 6870 Video card
Powered by Corsair 1000w Power supply

First the computer was a present so I really do not know what I am doing. I have researched multiple steps to take in trying to correct BSOD. Some days it runs smooth while others I can get 5 BSOD a day.

Once the BSOD started getting out of hand I ran a DISK error check, a Disk cleanup, then I defraged the computer. I also made sure that all drivers were up to date and I ran a virus scanner.

This helped for around 1 week. Now they are back and as of today I have experienced 4 BSOD. I have attached the past 5 minidump files. Any help would be appreciated.

A:37 BSODs in one month!

You actually counted 37 BSOD's in a month? That's about as exciting as watching grass grow :rolleyes: Try resetting the bios to the default settings. If you don't know how to do this, get a friend to help you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/37-bsods-in-one-month.174322/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys Im pretty new to problems old month has Couple custom PC the forums In Fact I Just joined a Few Minutes ago Ill Be Using this Forum don t worry I wont just dump it after a problem Couple month old custom PC has problems is Couple month old custom PC has problems solved Im Considered a Noob but I do know Quite a lot about Computers Here s My specs -NZXT Lexa S Case Maybe cooling issues -AMD Athlon II X Ghz - Asus M A TD EVO Mobo - Gigs of G Skill Sniper DDR Ram -Zotac Gt mb Graphics Card - w Power supply I believe And Here s My Problem tho I Bought a Custom Built computer from a Friend I think i bought it in April Anyways The first like - months its been running Strong I did some light gaming Then about Starting last month The computer would Freeze for a couple seconds If left unattended The computer will go into sleep mode and When it does that The Case Light Blinks and when i try to wake it nothing happens I have to turn off power supply turn back on then Start up the PC My brother does do some Gaming age of Mythology for some long period of time Like hours maybe I Was thinking its because the computer cant handle that much gaming and how he constantly plays I Just Don t know what s Wrong Any help Would be Greatly Appreciated Thank You nbsp

A:Couple month old custom PC has problems

Sounds like the problem is related to Windows going into standby and being unable to wake up afterwards.

Disable sleep in the power options of control panel, and then run it and see how it then behaves with extended usage.

If you suspect temps are an issue download HWMonitor and then play some games and get back to use with the temps. If it was overheating it would lock up and reboot though in most instances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/couple-month-old-custom-pc-has-problems.171912/
Relevancy 34.83%

In reference to my mom s computer- whih is a Dell Studio REFURBISHED Mistake I know Running Vista bit and no seriously intensive programs except for Quickbooks per since times new BSOD month a few recipe for disaster No particular pattern to the cause of problems Seems pretty random First BSOD problems I had seemed to be in reference to a driver associated with the webcam I changed out the drivers BSOD a few times per month since new and it seemed to calm the laptop down Also the minidumps are hard to extract info out of quot probably caused by quot - memory corruption - ntoskrnl exe - ntfs sys of the previous files notskrnl exe is definitely the one that shows up most from what i understand this is related to usage of the dual processing One question i have is that if i am going to give this a college-try and reinstall an o s should i give it a whirl with bit version BSOD a few times per month since new of windows I m running out of ideas I was kindof banking on a memory problem I started with the windows memory test then moved to memtest I think that the new version v which I got ahold of today works very well with the Dell For some reason I downloaded an earlier version a couple of weeks ago BSOD a few times per month since new and it didn t run at all-- so I was thinking that it had to be memory sticks So far I ve run the test without keeping an eye on it I believe that the program will not simply reboot without giving a heads up on a problem I am currently running memtest again with no errors Am i supposed to run this FULL times before I conclude that there are good sticks in here I m attaching the last minidump files I don t know if i m using windbg properly Apparently you cant attach dmp over kb and all of mine are kb so they re text files and I don t know if the symbols are all there the way they should be I thought I knew my stuff but hey--- i m knee deep in this stuff and I m second guessing myself Any advice or help is appreciated Oh and i did all of the steps asked of me before posting this except for running memtest times becasue I didn t get it to work until the middle of writing this post Thanks in advance for anything everything edit minidump files are hosted on rapidshare i need post counts to post links ht tp rapidshare com files Mom s Vostro Minidump rar html nbsp

A:BSOD a few times per month since new

The test needs to run a minimum of 7 Passes. The more you can run beyond 7 so much the better. There are 8 tests per PASS. Even though the test looks like it is repeating the same patterns over and over it is not.

Your dumps cite memory corruption and that is where you need to concentrate because corrupted memory can cause all kinds of issues while throwing out all kinds of error codes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-a-few-times-per-month-since-new.137623/
Relevancy 32.68%

OS - Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)
? x64
? Win 7 Ultimate original OS
? Microsoft official ISO, activated with key from customer service purchase
? Approximate age of system- December 2012-Sept 2013
? Approximate age of OS installation- Unsure, can't find a receipt for when I purchased new Kingston HyperX 256 GB SSD.
? Have you re-installed the OS. Yes, moved to larger SSD (Kingston HyperX)

? CPU Intel Core i5-3570K (Not overclocked)
? Video Card (Previously PowerColor HD Radeon 7950 3GB AX7950 3GBD5-2DHV5E, currently SAPPHIRE 100361-4L Radeon R9 290X 4GB
? MotherBoard ASUS P8Z77 V-LK (Not overclocked, gave up on those dreams)
? Power Supply Corsair CX750 Builder Series
RAM Corsair Vengeance 1866 Mhz 4 x 4 GB sticks

? System Manufacturer Me?
? Exact model number N/A

Laptop or Desktop? Desktop.

I added a .rar with minidumps from before the sapphire card went in, as well as two from today, after the sapphire card went in.

A:7 BSODs this month, starting graduate school cannot live life on the edge like this

Going to Upgrade to Windows 10 this morning, we'll see if this fixes anything?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/7-bsods-this-month-starting-graduate-school-cannot-live-life-on-the-edge-like-this-1024386.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all My Acer Aspire V - G laptop has been suffering from multiple BSOD crashes recently Some observations - The laptop will often go for days without crashing but then crash multiple times within minutes - Lots of crashes do not generate dump files and simply restart the computer or display glitched graphics and freeze - BSOD crashes are often preempted by glitched graphics displaying BSOD the in Crashes Past Random Month Lots of on the screen briefly - BSOD crashes often but not always happen after slightly adjusting the position of the laptop - BSODs most often happen when browsing the web i e in Chrome but have also happened while playing games Lots of Random BSOD Crashes in the Past Month and shortly after booting - I ran chkdsk last night on the laptop It stayed at forever then went straight to and then the computer suffered a BSOD Lots of Random BSOD Crashes in the Past Month on the login screen almost immediately afterwards - I ran memtest for one pass without any errors earlier I'll go for longer if advised - BSOD error codes are broken down as follows IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - times UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP M - times KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED - times PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA - times SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Lots of Random BSOD Crashes in the Past Month - Once SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M - Once Often memory corruption or the NT kernel are blamed for the BSOD's in Windbg there was one caused by a Norton driver one by an Atheros Wireless Network Driver according to WinDbg Code Details OS Windows x Windows was initially installed and then was updated for free Updating did not cause any BSODs initially Windows was preinstalled with the laptop CPU Intel Core i - M GHz Video Card Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce M I believe it only uses the latter for graphically intensive applications such as games Model listed abouve in the description Let me know if there are any problems with the Zip files I believed the Synsative thing began to hang after some time though the folder appeared to have a lot of things in it anyway There are some dumps from December in their which probably though not certainly are unrelated to the problems I have now they seemed to mysteriously stop at some point Thanks in advance

A:Lots of Random BSOD Crashes in the Past Month

Hi,

It seems like issue with one of the drivers, have you recently added/changed any hardware on your laptop?
Also may I know which Norton product/version are you running?

Praveen
Norton Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/lots-of-random-bsod-crashes-in-the-past-month-978986.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Quote Over the will be month a 10 launch, ready only With Windows in time? left before past few months we ve regularly asked our readers what their experiences with Windows have been With only a month left before launch, will Windows 10 be ready in time? like Most of the time improvements were fairly obvious to spot with each build but so were areas where the OS needed more work With each iteration we ve seen Microsoft With only a month left before launch, will Windows 10 be ready in time? polish adapt and push new features to Windows Perhaps the most long-winded argument over time has been the one surrounding the icons and UI found in the new operating system Users have complained With only a month left before launch, will Windows 10 be ready in time? yelled and sobbed over what they deemed to be horrible design choices in terms of colors styles and overall look of icons Luckily Microsoft finally listened to the collective feedback of the community and decided to change the icon styling seemingly appeasing most users Then there was the new Edge browser known for a very long time as Project Spartan In fact the new browser still carries this name even on the latest public preview But despite that and despite still missing some important features Edge has been getting better and better so much so in fact that Microsoft decided it to use it as the default browser in Windows Discuss With only a month left before launch will Windows be ready in time

A:With only a month left before launch, will Windows 10 be ready in time?

it will be but will the forums be ready for all the help that may be needed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/with-only-a-month-left-before-launch-will-windows-10-be-ready-in-time-1012306.html
Relevancy 31.82%

It keeps failing every time it updates and I have no clue why!! Please help me solve this problem.

**Here are the details of the update**
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664)

Installation date: ?8/?21/?2015 1:09 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 8004402F

Update type: Recommended

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c2663ed0-5169-49bf-8187-874dea953ed5/ive-been-having-trouble-updating-windows-7-for-the-last-month-and-cant-find-a-solution-error?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello So since last month when the PREPARATION updates for Windows started rolling my PC with MSI Z PC mate PREPARATION from PC month) sleep 10 updates waking (since Windows randomly last started randomly turning itself on from sleep with reasons in eventvwr msc as either Unknown or most often Intel eXtensible Controller by the way I suspect Microsoft is doing some Hardcore spying - by injecting something some Code into the Motherboard-similairly as the KEYS for Windows Of course windows was reinstalled times BIOS reflashed times and still the same thing is happening Of course also - fiddled with ALL the settings in there - Disabled all wake on LAN - disabled boot wake by ethernet tried switching Wake mode from OS to BIOS and vice versa - NOTHING helped This all started last month shortly after I tried installing the updates that were prior to Windows which shouldn t be any problem since the system was allready reinstalled times and in addition times it was installed on Windows By the way I would like to write some interesting suspicion - When I was doing these reinstalls I had installed completelly CLEAN install of PC randomly waking from sleep (since Windows 10 PREPARATION updates last month) Windows and noticed that there are some bugs - that were fixed PC randomly waking from sleep (since Windows 10 PREPARATION updates last month) in PC randomly waking from sleep (since Windows 10 PREPARATION updates last month) the updates such as Text displaying in different language on the locksreen in Windows that I decided JUST TO CHECK for the updates and WITHIN SECONDS the Get Windows update was installed EVEN THOUGH I JUST SET IT TO CHECK FOR UPDATES AND LET ME CHOOSE TO DOWNLOAD IT AUTOMATICALLY CHANGED ITSELF TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AUTOMATICALLY which I realized after the updates were there And the internet is just full of people who seem to have the same problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a2e90a4c-1990-472d-a216-f277524c30f6/pc-randomly-waking-from-sleep-since-windows-10-preparation-updates-last-month?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.97%

Microsoft is once again bundling Solitaire with Windows, but if you want an ad-free experience then that's going to cost you.The app in question is the Microsoft Solitaire app, and as first reported by PC World, the app prompts users to "upgrade" to the premium version for $1.49 a month (or $9.99 a year) to remove the ads and get some "coins" and "power boosts."Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49 a monthI can feel the complaints coming in from here already.

A:"Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? $1.49 a month", ZDNet

Windows as a service   Plenty of free alternatives including the one from XP and Windows 7.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584360/want-to-remove-the-ads-from-solitaire-in-windows-10-149-a-month-zdnet/
Relevancy 34.4%

About two months ago I purchased a Dell Inspiron 7548.  It has 8 gb of ram and 1tb harddrive. It is continually getting slower and slower, particularly while browsing.  I am unable to stream a simple video and loading a web page takes as long as a few minutes.  The issue exists on multiple connections (home, work, my sister's house) and doesn't appear to have any correlation to the speed of the connection.  I have run virus and malware scans and have not had any infections. I am at my wit's end on this as I spent a decent amount of money for this laptop and it is by far the slowest I've ever had.  Thanks in advance for any help.  

A:2 Month old computer extremely slow!!! Please help!

Several possible causes. Tell us what programs you have used to find adware and malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

After running CCleaner...post the three lists mentioned below using CCleaner:

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.
At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next
post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you
will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580270/2-month-old-computer-extremely-slow-please-help/
Relevancy 33.97%

For the past month my Windows HP Pavilion Laptop barely years old has Various Laptop Past Issues Suddenly The Month Having been having different strange issues out of nowhere and I don't know why and I've done full scans with Laptop Having Various Issues Suddenly The Past Month my anti-virus and Malwarebytes and they've come up clean Here are the issues Every time my computer tries to do Windows Updates it will download the updates and then try to install and then I get a message saying We couldn't install the updates Laptop Having Various Issues Suddenly The Past Month Undoing Changes I've even tried using the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool on Microsoft's website and even after using that it didn't fix the problem So I don't know what else to do When ever I right click on a file it will hang for about second before it gives me the menu the properties copy cut delete rename etc menu It is really a pain and I have no idea what's causing this I have a program called quietHDD that I launch every time I start up my computer It always used to stay launched and the icon would stay on my taskbar until I shut down my computer but lately the program will disappear from the taskbar and close down after a few minutes I've never had problems with this program before and I have no idea why it's just shutting down out of nowhere Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do to fix these problems Thanks for your help in advance

Relevancy 33.54%

windows 8.1 was preinstalled on the laptop i bought new (it was actually a demo model) over a month ago and now its suddenly started telling me it cant activate windows right now and to try again later. ive been using it for just over a month now so i'm pretty sure it was already activated and this prob has only just occured. any suggestions?

A:laptop telling me it cant activate windows but its been running over a month

Were you requested to activate the product during your first month usage?
--- I set up someone's Win 8.1 laptop about a month ago and there was a comment that the activation would automatically occur within some period: I told my friend let's activate it now
There is a 25-character key involved and the activation recognized it automatically upon activation 
--- Do you know what your 25 character key is?
I believe that after 30 days you need to contact Microsoft and I think you need to know the 25 character key
--- However, it might make sense to bring the computer back to where you bought it from so they can save you the time of contacting Microsoft, especially is you don't know the 25 character key is

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541142/laptop-telling-me-it-cant-activate-windows-but-its-been-running-over-a-month/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm tired of windows but have a relatively new unit so I pay HP smart friend $15 per month in order to keep the ugliness at bay.
Does your community find this totally unnecessary because I am concerned about problems that arise using windows.
Hundred and $180 a year is a lot of money to keep pop-ups etc from the inevitable invasion.

A:paying $15 a month to prevent computer problems

I don't know what other members on the forum think but personally I think it is a waste of money. Get a good antivirus program and do most of your internet browsing in a limited user account. Give the admin account a strong password. If you are browsing and see a UAC windows popup you know somthing is trying to change your system.

Edit: Use a browser like Chrome or Firefox with the following add-ons.

No-Script for Firefox or Scriptblock for Chrome
Adblock Plus for Firefox or Adguard for Chrome
Ghostery works for Firefox and Chrome

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552965/paying-15-a-month-to-prevent-computer-problems/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello to everyone

just wondering if anything is hidden on here.....Im using bitdefender antivirus an comodo firewall

Computer maybe 1 months old,

Operating System
Windows 8.1

Operating System Architecture 64-bit               Processor Brand
Intel

Processor Speed
3.2 gigahertz

Processor Model
Intel 4th Generation Core i5

System Memory (RAM)
12 gigabytes

System Memory RAM Expandable To
16 gigabytes

Type of Memory (RAM)
DDR3 SDRAM

Wireless Networking
Wireless-B|Wireless-N|Wireless-G

Audio Technology High-definition with up to 5.1 surround sound capabilities; BeatsAudio

A:looking to see if my month old computer has anything hiding on it

Hello,

please download MiniToolBox by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator and make sure that these options are checked :

Flush DNS
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List Installed Programs

Post log here .

Step 2

Download TFC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.

Run it as Administrator and click on Start button.

If programs need restart, allow it to do so.

NOTE: IF your desktop disappears, don't panic, it's normal.

Step 3

Scan with Zemana Antimalware

Download Zemana Antimalware and install it on your system.

Under Scan type choose Full Scan and let the tool scan system.

If malware is found click Next to remove it and let the tool restart your computer.

If no malware is found , that's it .

NOTE: Leave actions at default unless you know what are you doing .

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583343/looking-to-see-if-my-month-old-computer-has-anything-hiding-on-it/
Relevancy 34.4%

First my psu and mobo

I replace them, a week later my gpu

And now i just ordered another CPU 20 min ago

Granted i did by all the parts close together. This has been very expensive. I pretty much changed everything but my SSD, hard drives and Bluray burner

Is this normal? or a freak occurrence? I tried to google about it and no topics about it.

I did get a GTX 970 and i just ordered a i7 4820k, from the i7 3820

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589843/what-are-the-chances-of-all-my-components-failing-over-a-month/
Relevancy 33.11%

- Currently using OS windows bit - orignal OS was windows bit - The OS windows update came in automatically - Age of the hardware about months - Age of OS installation about month - I have reinstalled the couple of times with no luck - My cpu is Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz - Graphic cards INTEL R HD Ghraphics and Nvidia GeForce GTX M - System manufacturar is Asus i think - serialnumber F N CV C I bought this laptop about two months ago since then ive gotten constant BOSD errors nothing I did seemed to do anything I decided to send it laptop) old month at please repair (2 with service twice Constant BOSD, help luck, no to the repair service with no luck twice They ran a bunch of memtests and etc but found nothing wrong with it I had Constant BOSD, twice at repair service with no luck, please help (2 month old laptop) to pay for postal and diagnostic costs This is so frustruating please any kind souls of there please be kind as to help me solve this annoying issue here are the two files i zipped I really appreciate any kind of help im a student really dependent on this laptop Here is also a screenshot from my current BOSD Screenshot by Lightshot Documents zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bosd-twice-at-repair-service-with-no-luck-please-help-2-month-old-laptop-1045513.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently built a new pc month come would not sleep of pc out mode old 2 in May Gigabyte ga-z x-ud h mb Intel I - cpu Evga gtx gpu Corsair cmy gx m a c r g ram dim s win pro bit os Corsair cx m psu months later late july it was in sleep mode I moved mouse to wake it up It started to wake up then rebooted continuously tried to reboot I powered off powered on It would try to power up for about a second then shut off Power button would not work again until I shut the psu off I returned the psu same thing I returned mb same thing I returned 2 month old pc would not come out of sleep mode video card same thing Then I started testing the ram same thing I unplugged video card power then it would start to boot but then I got a C error I verified all ram sticks worked Manual just says 2 month old pc would not come out of sleep mode Reserved Tech support was no help they didn t seem to know what was the 2 month old pc would not come out of sleep mode error code meant I discovered that if I have ram in ram slots ddr and ddr channel B I would get the error when I remove them and it boots I also noticed in bios the advanced ram settings are set to auto channel B settings were set Channel A all settings were set to on the slider scale Checked to make sure video card works in another machine and it does Cleared CMOS reset default values in Bios same thing I m at a loss the only thing I haven t sent back is the CPU nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-month-old-pc-would-not-come-out-of-sleep-mode.1156619/
Relevancy 34.4%

I opened this email account for my lady in July. it stopped working in August and I found out it was locked. Microsoft unlocked it for me and now it is doing the same thing again. can someone unlock it and keep it unlocked?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/09c974a4-9998-4e20-ba18-b0873f43175e/email-stops-working-every-other-month?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 33.54%

I've been having BSOD multiple times a month and they have become more frequent the past few months. I don't run any games on this computer just Visual Studio, Photoshop and other programs for work. I haven't noticed any patterns that let me pinpoint the issue.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382699-random-bsod-multiple-times-month-zip-attached.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

My excel sheet contains data for different months.
So I want that when I run the macro my excel sheet should be filtered such that it only shows the data for current month. The Date format in my sheet is "20110419".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-filter-data-for-current-month-only.1158917/
Relevancy 34.83%

Last month I ditched a Logitech mouse because the right button was randomly rapid double-clicking when pressed no doubt from the button itself going bad I ordered a new in pack HP -button mouse basic cheap one as a replacement Now about month after using it bad in a Two month mice the left button does the same thing it started Two mice bad in a month yesterday on occasion and now does it way too much so much so it was making basic PC use impossible I've ordered a better quality HP -button mouse and have swapped out the mouse from my XP computer for the time being I can live without that PC for a few Two mice bad in a month days This one is working at the very least both mice seemed to be faulty because of hardware and not software since swapping them fixed the issue I'm just wondering could the PC itself be causing the buttons to go bad Maybe feedback from the USB port damaging the mouse somehow I'd wager I just got a faulty replacement but you never know if it's some odd problem as unlikely as it could be causing this Two mice bad in a month I'd like to know

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384889-two-mice-bad-month.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all I ran into this issue this month My PC is crashing almost every time i use some GPU intensive work When i launch a game the system crashes without any BSOD or Memory Dump I have already checked that the memory dumps are enabled but those are not written to the Mini dumps folder i Tried running PC Frequently : crashing Help 1 Need past month. from Furmark the test crashes the system as soon as i click on test on user defaults All the components were working fine until last month and there are no hardware upgrades done since I have tried a lot of things without any success a I have reinstalled every ting for like times still the issue persists b I monitored my CPU as well as GPU temps they are at mat around deg Celsius c i have updated all the drivers to the latest without any success d Have run Memtest also all Need Help : PC crashing Frequently from past 1 month. passed without a fault I think i am out of ideas from my side I have read all the forums for this issue but didn't got a solution that fits me Please ny kind of help will be useful I think its a GPU issue or some GPU driver issue as it does not happens when normal computation watching HD videos and all but as soon as i run a game or do some GPU tests it crashes Please Help Guys

A:Need Help : PC crashing Frequently from past 1 month.

An Update now it crashes without any load also i wasnt doing anything other then writing this post and it crashed again. I am frstrated with this Please help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385793-need-help-pc-crashing-frequently-past-1-month.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My Grandson can't get Windows 7 back & hates Windows 10. He is into gaming & says none of his games work right on Win 10. His games won't play really at all the have problems with FPS and lots of errors when the game starts up.

I hope that somebody can help me with this.
Many thanks,
MamaWolf

A:Can I go back to Win7 after the first month of Win10

If it's within 30 days, you can go back to your Win 7 license. If it's over 30 days, I think you're stuck with Win 10.

What is the problem that you're having going back to Win 7? In as much detail as possible, please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386547-can-i-go-back-win7-after-first-month-win10.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Anyone get the updates today? I checked for updates this morning and had one for Defender; but I normally get my 2nd Tues. of the month updates after 1300 hours. I click check for updates and it just keeps searching . Just tried now at oo10 and still just searching???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-tuesday-of-the-month-updates.1161935/
Relevancy 33.97%

Just installed Win yesterday and taking a first look at the Calendar app Unless I have overlooked something this app has a flaw that makes it almost not worth using I'm using the app to display my Google Calendar events a month at a time In many cases I have enough events scheduled for a single day view month Multiple Calendar: in events that they Calendar: Multiple events in month view won't all fit in the cell in Month View Is there really no way to display all the events for a given date including the ones that don't fit in Month View For example in the Calendar app on my phone it is usually the case that not all the events for a given date show in the grid but tapping the date in question displays a pop-up that shows them all This app just runs them off the bottom of the cell It doesn't even alert you to the fact that there are additional events for that date that it isn't displaying Dare I hope I'm missing something here John

A:Calendar: Multiple events in month view

I guess nobody shares my angst for the perceived shortcomings of the Calendar app.

All the same, thought I'd mention that I installed an app from the Store called One Calendar that seems to be free, and does not suffer from the above-stated problem (when viewing in Month View, if there are 'n' events that don't fit in the grid, One Calendar displays a little '+n' at the top of the cell, alerting you to the fact that there's more you're not seeing; then clicking on the cell brings up the Day View, so you can see it all).

All's well that ends well.

/John

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/12061-calendar-multiple-events-month-view.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently, my son saw a friends kids playing FIFA on their PS3 and since then he has been hounding me for a soccer game.

So I've bought him a game controller installed the FIFA 14 Demo but he is finding controls a bit difficult, d a quarter year old.

Can I have some suggestions on good easy to control soccer games that i can download for my boy?

I feel that if i let him on the pc version of fifa, the learning curve will be a bit to steep for him!!

I have a cheap controller called Microkingdom.

Quick suggestions would help. I would like to have the game downloaded and installed before he wakes up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soccer-games-need-suggestions-for-my-3-year-3-month-old-son.1162056/
Relevancy 34.4%

I thought it might be a helpful time to remind any remaining users of Windows 8 (as opposed to 8.1) that it goes out of support in a month's time, on 12th January 2016.

From here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-windows81-faq

With the General Availability of Windows 8.1, customers on Windows 8 have 2 years, until January 12, 2016, to move to Windows 8.1 in order to remain supported.

I know that there were some changes in the hardware requirements between 8 and 8.1 which affected some hardware - I think some of those folks may have to switch to 32-bit to stay supported, although I'm not sure that addresses all the issues.

But for everyone else on Windows 8, it's time to consider moving to Windows 8.1 (or download the Windows 10 ISO and upgrade straight to that in one go).

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72852-windows-8-0-goes-out-support-1-month-12-jan-2016-a.html
Relevancy 33.97%

my laptop nameCresia
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X551MA
Serial #: E5N0CX006715187
Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16590) my computer crashed brings up Recovery file:\ BCD Error code: Oxc0000034 then goes to Aptio setup utility screen. i signed in as administrator and added passwords now i just need to know what i need to do from here.

Thank you,
lvanya

A:My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month

Hi Ivanya,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What exactly is the problem you are having?
It isn't quite clear for me.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33624-my-laptop-crashed-after-installing-windows-10-but-after-month.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Early August I put together a new gaming PC here are the specs Intel Core i - K MSI GeForce GTX Cooler Master HAF - Siggy amp s Build - Mendenbarr amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker It's been working fine up until a few days ago when the fan started running much louder hot suddenly very old 4 custom running PC month than normal I downloaded a simple temp checker and started to panic a little as the CPU was running at C Keep in mind this is a Intel Core 4 month old custom PC suddenly running very hot i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor running nothing more strenuous than runescape I've tried restarting the computer 4 month old custom PC suddenly running very hot in safe mode and updating all my drivers but I stupidly did both at the same time causing the update to fail safe mode to get stuck on quot please wait quot requiring a hard reset and now windows update isn't managing to check for new updates within minutes Normally this wouldn't be a problem but the temp is up to C with nothing other than windows update running so I just shut it down I'm planning on opening the case and trying to see if there is a problem with the CPU itself or the fans but I'm out of my element here and any advice would be helpful

A:4 month old custom PC suddenly running very hot

Mendenbarr, welcome to SevenForums.
I would start with the CPU cooler first. What brand is it or is it the stock Intel cooler? I would at the very least see if the cpu mount is a little loose, like a slight wiggle loose. Plan on seeing if a snug down is in order, don't over tighten but the cpu cooler should be good and snugged down. If it is then go and purchase Arctic cleaner and Arctic silver thermal compound and plan on watching several YouTube videos on cleaning and reapplying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/387675-4-month-old-custom-pc-suddenly-running-very-hot.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I am having constant blue screen memory dump problems in the past month All of my drivers should be up to date but the problem persists It claims something gets stuck in an infinate loop I think it may be in relation to my video card though my driver is up to date problems blue month, constant to screen memory drivers all should date. Having up last dump in be the I even have the Raedeon software that checks for latest updates It could be something Having constant blue screen memory dump problems in the last month, all drivers should be up to date. else but I'm out of ideas at this point I have even checked the physical connections inside my computer for what it's worth Please help Info Problem signature nbsp Problem Event Name nbsp nbsp nbsp BlueScreen nbsp OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Locale ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Additional information about the problem nbsp BCCode nbsp nbsp nbsp ea nbsp BCP nbsp nbsp nbsp FFFFFA C E nbsp BCP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BCP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BCP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Service Pack nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Product nbsp nbsp nbsp Files that help describe the problem nbsp C Windows Minidump - - dmp nbsp C Users FatherD AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/627c2fa9-1615-4bb0-8dda-724460609c7d/having-constant-blue-screen-memory-dump-problems-in-the-last-month-all-drivers-should-be-up-to?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 34.4%

I got it's behaving old is My laptop already 2-month 7 like old years my My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old HP Pavilion in October as a birthday present It's TB HDD GB RAM Windows AMD A processor bit It was working really well for My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old a little while but a few weeks ago I started noticing problems and now well they have gotten much worse THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE is this I cannot install new software I've been told no with everything from Paint NET to iTunes I try and install something and it tells me 'Something else is being installed' Now I usually suspect AVG of that sort of problem But I tried to update my AVG antivirus and that gave me the same error It's very annoying as I've just bought a brand new iPhone and I can't get any music or films onto it without iTunes The problems have been seen everywhere else too- requests are not being dealt with If I want to launch an external application from the web say downloading content the application opens but if I'm saving something the wizard won't load Another alarming issue is that USBs are now not being recognised I plugged my old phone in and it kept disappearing and Windows was unable to read its contents even though I then used my stepdad's PC and it worked fine It's slowing down too vastly It takes it a long time to think about anything and recently battery life has dropped a small amount I have done too whole computer scans now everything coming up roses and saying there is no problem People have sent me ways to deal with some of these issues but none of them work on Windows - everyone I've spoken with so far is still in version or mode I'm relatively clued up about maintenance I CClean Defrag and use Registry Easy occasionally to sweep up problems but none of this is working My main concern is no being able to install new software It's annoying because my old PC went down a very similar route to its death- but after years This PC has lasted just months and seems to be on the slippery slope I'm quite interested in development- and game design I have Unity Visual Studio and all of the Adobe Suite installed Don't know if that contributes to it or not Also I have Steam installed and that's always doing something Should I remove that And that's just it I guess

A:My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking, try it form there. If okay then something is starting when you boot that is causing the problem, so use Clean Install to isolate the problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36480-my-2-month-old-laptop-already-behaving-like-its-7-years-old.html
Relevancy 34.83%

good morning, so far I have been using windows 10 pro without any issues for a month now... just looked at the recovery options and noticed the option to go back to windows 7 is gone.... which was expected. now hopefully this laptop will continue to behave properly with windows 10 pro otherwise I will have to locate a windows 7 disk... hoping that will not need to happen because so far windows 10 is the best version of windows I have ever used.

A:sucessfully been using windows 10 pro for a month

Good to hear that you're having success with 10. The only way you could have had an option to go back to 7 would have been if you made an image copy of your system before you performed the upgrade. But since you didn't .. well you would have to get a copy of 7 and you might be able to use the key you had when you were running 7. Just a thought..

But I really like 10 as well. Is it the best?? Hard to say since 7 was a really good OS as well.
Have a good day
Jeff

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36531-sucessfully-been-using-windows-10-pro-month.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

I have had multiple bsod's in the last month. they seem to occur when pc is not doing anything. When im working on it it bsod's sometimes, but when i walk away it will in a matter of minutes. DESKTOP-79TJFV4-za_30-01-2016_121840,63.zip

i hope someone can tell me what is going on, thanks in advance,

kind regards,

Bas

A:Multiple bsod's in last month

Hi Bas,

Before we can provide any support, you need to remove every kind of piracy on your system.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39111-multiple-bsods-last-month.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Last month my 7970 died. It lasted me three years before it died. It died after I moved my PC out of my room, and still no one has yet to be able to provide an explanation as to why this happened.

Yesterday, my GTX 970 of one month also died. It died when I moved my PC out of my room. I'm sensing that there's some sort of connection here.

Another connection is one VERY hot CPU. It runs at 100 degrees Celsius, and that's just when I'm browsing Firefox. I wasn't aware of this until three days ago and I'm not sure if conditions were the same when I was using my 7970.

So basically my issue is:

-Two GPUs dead within a month
-Both died after I moved my PC out of my room
-Only other possible connection one VERY hot CPU

What the heck is going on?
-

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128444-two-dead-gpus-within-month-very-hot-cpu.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Lots of BSODs and I'm tearing my hair out. Please help! If someone can look through and give me some clues, that would be great.

1. I've tested memory with memtest so far
2. HDD with chkdsk / HDD tune etc
3. Checked internal cabling, everything is tightly connected
4. Drivers are up to date

Thanks!

A:24 BSODs in 1 month

Screenshot of 8 passes with memtest successful.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39838-24-bsods-1-month.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys, followed the tutorial on creating the zip file but the dmp files weren't in there when I followed the instructions so i have managed to make copies instead hopefully this still works.

Problem started a few weeks back out of nowhere , had a few watchdog failures but they have stopped now, I have uninstalled most programs which may of being causing it but still having no luck.

Running updated Windows Ten, etc its the Lenovo Flex 2 pro laptop.

Kind regards Phil

A:Bad_pool_header and Kernel_security Check failure 11 month old laptop

Please uninstall Kaspersky and use Windows Defender as alternative
Service articles

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00021c95b90, ffffd00021c95ae8, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
Probably caused by : klim6.sys ( klim6+1ec1 )
If removing Kaspersky doesn't help, simply report back with a fresh zip from the DM Log Collector

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/40299-bad_pool_header-kernel_security-check-failure-11-month-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Re Sony VAIO laptop model VGN-NW F GB RAM If you want any other info please let me know I wiped disk and did a clean install of Windows Professional idle is month very when busy ago W10 upgrade disk the a After and waited over a month before upgrading to W in mid-January During that month prior to upgrade Win performed like a After W10 upgrade a month ago the disk is very busy when idle brand new laptop After upgrading from Win Pro to Win Pro in Jan the hard disk is constantly busy when laptop is idle I thought it just needed a few days to complete indexing and other Windows background tasks but it has been a month now and the disk is heating up from overuse though no errors or warnings so far If I touch the mousepad or keyboard the disk settles down and activity light still flickers but not as much as when left idle note I also upgraded a HP desktop to Win and the disk on the HP desktop does not do this whatsoever I tried turning off disk indexing Windows search service and other settings but that made no difference so I turned them back on I understand the behavior appears normal in that when I use the laptop the disk settles to a much slower rate of busy but after a minute or two of being idle the disk activity speeds up again and will continue flickering at a high rate all day and evening unless I touch mouse or keyboard or put it to sleep Laptop gets pretty warm from all the disk usage and due to this I am now putting it to sleep often when not using it which I have never had to do before I ran PROCMON but I do not know how to read results Can one of you give a hand Procmon may be helpful IF I knew what filters to set or which other tools to set and how to read results after capture Hopefully you can provide instructions on how to set up and use PROCMON as well as analyze results Thanks in advance Larry

A:After W10 upgrade a month ago the disk is very busy when idle

Hi, start with the task manager.
Please post screenshots of your task manager of each column where there is activity, organised by highest top-most (click on the tab).

Eg here's my task manager on my old PC, CPU highest
You should have plenty of RAM at 6Gb, and with 3rd party AV installed you shouldn't have a problem with Windows Defender. I'm wondering if you might be having a problem with 'system and compressed memory'. We'll see.

Also please try a clean boot, and advise if that makes a change.
How to perform a Clean boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

(You will need to reverse that manually, or set a system restore point before doing that, and use the restore point to reverse it. Note S. Restore is off by default in Win 10, which is weird).

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40639-after-w10-upgrade-month-ago-disk-very-busy-when-idle.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Re Sony VAIO laptop model VGN-NW F GB RAM If you want any other info please let me know I wiped disk and did a clean install of Windows Professional and waited over a month before upgrading to W in mid-January During that month prior to upgrade Win performed like a brand new laptop After upgrading from Win Pro to Win Pro in Jan the hard disk is constantly busy when laptop is idle I thought it just needed a few days to complete indexing and other Windows background tasks but it has been a month now and the disk is heating up from overuse though no errors or warnings so far If I touch the mousepad or keyboard the disk settles down and activity light still flickers but not as much as when left idle note I is disk when busy After month very the upgrade idle W10 ago a also upgraded a HP desktop After W10 upgrade a month ago the disk is very busy when idle to Win and the After W10 upgrade a month ago the disk is very busy when idle disk on the HP desktop does not do this whatsoever I tried turning off disk indexing Windows search service and other settings but that made no difference so I turned them back on I understand the behavior appears normal in that when I use the laptop the disk settles to a much slower rate of After W10 upgrade a month ago the disk is very busy when idle busy but after a minute or two of being idle the disk activity speeds up again and will continue flickering at a high rate all day and evening unless I touch mouse or keyboard or put it to sleep Laptop gets pretty warm from all the disk usage and due to this I am now putting it to sleep often when not using it which I have never had to do before I ran PROCMON but I do not know how to read results Can one of you give a hand Procmon may be helpful IF I knew what filters to set or which other tools to set and how to read results after capture Hopefully you can provide instructions on how to set up and use PROCMON as well as analyze results Thanks in advance Larry

A:After W10 upgrade a month ago the disk is very busy when idle

Hi, start with the task manager.
Please post screenshots of your task manager of each column where there is activity, organised by highest top-most (click on the tab).

Eg here's my task manager on my old PC, CPU highest
You should have plenty of RAM at 6Gb, and with 3rd party AV installed you shouldn't have a problem with Windows Defender. I'm wondering if you might be having a problem with 'system and compressed memory'. We'll see.

Also please try a clean boot, and advise if that makes a change.
How to perform a Clean boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

(You will need to reverse that manually, or set a system restore point before doing that, and use the restore point to reverse it. Note S. Restore is off by default in Win 10, which is weird).

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40639-after-w10-upgrade-month-ago-disk-very-busy-when-idle.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Microsoft now plans March Windows Mobile rollout February has come and gone without the highly anticipated Windows Mobile upgrade for legacy Lumia handsets In an email to partners seen by VentureBeat Microsoft is now targeting a release this month to occur after the regular monthly service updates for the two Windows -powered handsets already on the market the Lumia and XL Unlike the previous schedule reported by VentureBeat at the end of January this one separates the upgrade from the service update In other words whereas the February rollout would have seen the update bundled into the upgrade Microsoft 10 Mobile tells that partners month this begin Windows rollout reportedly will in March they are expected to be two distinct processes The rollout is said to begin passively from Microsoft s perspective in that users will Microsoft reportedly tells partners that Windows 10 Mobile rollout will begin this month need to initiate it manually Microsoft reportedly tells partners that Windows 10 Mobile rollout will begin this month from their handsets Only afterwards on an unspecified timetable will the company begin actively pushing the new firmware to eligible devices Microsoft had initially intended to upgrade in-market Lumias this past December but the self-imposed deadline came and went The February target was only messaged internally so there has technically been just a single albeit months-long delay Comment on this story Twitter Facebook nbsp

A:Microsoft reportedly tells partners that Windows 10 Mobile rollout will begin this month

Hope It's true, i've been waiting for months.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-reportedly-tells-partners-that-windows-10-mobile-rollout-will-begin-this-month.57033/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello So I am have been having multiple BSODs from day with my new PC build I will try to be as thorough as I can to help you help me I have been lurking and troubleshooting since early February when my build began I have clean Lurking New for month / a build BSODs Multiple / installed formatted primary drive every time formatted secondary drives once Windows about times now chasing BSODs Multiple BSODs / New build / Lurking for a month I am at my wits end and am calling in for backup I prefer to figure things out on my own since I then learn from it My PC serves two roles Gaming and Virtualization Ideally I would be dual booting Windows for light gaming with my son and Debian for work programming virtualization Home built PC Mobo Asus H Pro Gaming CPU I K RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX - GB GPU Nvidia GTX PSU Corsair HX old yrs did not replace for this build Primary HDD Samsung GB Secondaries Samsung GB old from last system zeroed before first boot with the new system WD Green TB old from last system zeroed before first boot with the new system In February I built the PC installed Win setup dual boot with Debian received several BSODs in Win s I do not have these dumps but they were of the IRQL memory corruption --- memory related So I ran memtest on my RAM did passes came back passed no issues I figured I would then get it stable with just Windows before attempting a dual boot system Fresh installed Win loaded all drivers from ASUS' support site updated BIOS configured Windbg and started monitoring event viewer Several similiar BSODs later decided it may be the ASMedia USB driver Removed it allowed Win to install the ASMedia driver from Windows updates Had a slight stability increase and pressed forward I then stressed tested with Prime for mins FurMark for mins and ran memtest again for passes Still BSODing Ran driver verifier narrowed it down to some old bit drivers for my mouse and VMWare Workstation uninstalled both Still BSODing OK let's do a fresh install install the NIC firmware Windows doesn't detect it and let Windows push in the drivers nothing from me Ran memtest for passes Increased stability Sweet Setup dual booting with Ubuntu On Windows further installed Intel's Engine for my chipset allowed NVidia to update to the current driver installed Samsung Magician and I am still BSODing but with new to me exceptions Now I am getting KMODE and System Thread exception BSODs If it's any relevance when I was dual booting with Debian and now with Ubuntu they too were complaining Every time it could not list the fault and I didn't do my do diligence by reading the logs I would get frustrated because I was already working and would switch to my laptop Attached is the zip file from your forum posting guidelines I am ready to listen to some Ghetto Boys and take a bat to this PC DESKTOP-PEJH -Wed zip Edit I am currently running driver verifier but it hasn't caught anything as of yet Edit BSOD directly after making this post Attached is the dmp file with a txt extension - - dmp txt Edit Noticed the updatelog from the forum tool used the wrong PS call Attached is the output from Get-WindowsUpdateLog WindowsUpdate log

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44985-multiple-bsods-new-build-lurking-month.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all I have a desktop PC which is about years old and I upgraded it to Windows as soon as it was available from retail version of Windows home I have had no randomly started freezing month Windows 10 last has the in problems since the upgrade until very recently However in the last month or so Windows has started freezing randomly after about - minutes use There is no Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month obvious pattern of use which triggers the freeze and it's rather odd It's not a BSOD it's just that it all becomes unresponsive and greyed Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month out the mouse cursor still moves CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't work nor anything else other than holding down the power button until the PC switches off I'm no expert so please let me Windows 10 has started randomly freezing in the last month know what the best way is to diagnose and fix what is going on I have run the program memtest as well as avast and malwarebytes but they have all come up clean I suspect it has something to do with the windows updates installed around March as I think it was fine before then KB and or KB specifically which I can't uninstall from windows update Does that seem plausible And if so how can I fix it Thanks for your help Happy to provide any info which might be useful I have attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip file in case it helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609234/windows-10-has-started-randomly-freezing-in-the-last-month/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello.
Last night I received my 3rd blue screen error in about a month. That one and the previous one said "system service exception (netio.sys)." I forget if the first time this happened the error listed the same.

Anyway, here's my log file (I hope it's alright. It saved on it's own with no prompts).

I'm working on an Acer R3-131T laptop with 4GB RAM. As far as I know, I have the most updated drivers. My computer came equipped with the "Acer Care Centre" which hasn't listed new updates for a month or so. Going directly to Acer's website there weren't any new updates that seemed applicable to me at this time.

I understand from reading another thread that some drivers aren't 100% compatible with Win10, and I'm assuming that's the issue here; just not sure which one(s) I need to do anything with.

Thanks in advance for your time!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47700-3rd-bsod-month.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys hoping for some help understanding this New ssd with windows bit installed in year old computer after my last C drive started failing month into it while using Photoshop yesterday crashed and reported the message quot An unrecoverable error occurred while accessing the scratch disk This is usually caused by a corrupted disk format or hardware problem as failing disk drives or bad cable quot Oh crap I just replaced the C drive a month ago for that same reason system was running flaky after so I decided to reboot big mistake Kept getting stuck at windows logo build errors old on event month IDs 11,14,1530,10016... 1 forever errors on 1 month old build event IDs 11,14,1530,10016... like min with errors on 1 month old build event IDs 11,14,1530,10016... ssd startup rebooted a bunch of times same Unplugged counted to turned on again same Finally after repeated efforts it automatically booted to scan disk scandisk was running happily along and then said there was quot errors on 1 month old build event IDs 11,14,1530,10016... Insufficient disk space to fix security descriptors data stream quot booted to windows ran scan disk again on the data drive in question by right clicking properties tools scan it changed the icon of the drive from one showing the amount of available space to that of a raw un-formatted drive I rebooted again and the drive came back up visibly as normal but I'm still getting problems Tried copying all the data from the suspected data drive to a network drive last night didn t copy anything came in this moring it was still spinning calculating the time it would take to transfer Will try again tonight Looking at the event logs in window I see many instances of event ID quot atapi event ID quot has numerous occurrences centred around the photoshop crash on yesterday around am As I write this i'm now seeing quot disk event ID quot Is this a good indicator that my data drive tb seagate is now going also its only months old though I'm seeing so many errors on this new build that I didn't notice before Can someone help me figure this out If it is a drive error I will go pick a new data drive tomorrow I will attach as much telemetry as I can Please help me to understand this I've uploaded my event log unzipped its evtx format reliability report unzipped its in xml format I just tried uploading my scandisk cbs file but its too big to upload even zipped its kb Is that a bad sign my system Adobe Photoshop Version r CL x Operating System Windows -bit Version SP System architecture AMD CPU Family Model Stepping with MMX SSE Integer SSE FP SSE SSE Physical processor count Processor speed MHz Built-in memory MB Free memory MB Memory available to Photoshop MB Memory used by Photoshop Design Space Disabled Artboards Enabled D Multitone Printing Disabled Highbeam Disabled Image tile size K Image cache levels Scratch volume s G T G free D G G free

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/394982-errors-1-month-old-build-event-ids-11-14-1530-10016-a.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Source More than billion people now use Google s Chrome app every month The app for Google s Chrome web browser now has more than billion monthly active users and smartphone usage is set to overtake its desktop usage director of product management Rahul Roy-Chowdhury tells Business Insider That trend has shaped some of the team s biggest ambitions for the coming year finding ways to make the Chrome experience use less data like through improving image compression and encouraging developers to create quot progressive web apps use than Google's month billion now people every Chrome 1 More app quot which work in browsers like Chrome but feel like apps A lot of Chrome s new users are coming from emerging markets where smartphones are the entry point to the web and people have slower connections More than 1 billion people now use Google's Chrome app every month so finding ways to make Chrome suck up less data is crucial if it wants those users quot Mobile-first markets are very important go us quot Roy-Chowdhury says Google first launched Chrome nearly eight years ago it was actually one of the most important initiatives spearheaded by Sundar Pichai who eventually became the company s CEO The browser is currently celebrating its th update so Google shared these other stats More than 1 billion people now use Google's Chrome app every month on just how big Chrome has gotten Spoiler Image nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/more-than-1-billion-people-now-use-googles-chrome-app-every-month.58975/
Relevancy 34.83%

No matter what I do -- attempting to recharge, holding down on/off -- nothing works. All that happens is the chrome icon comes up on an otherwise white screen, then clicks off. Anyone else had this ha0pen with a relatively new device? More important, any ideas about what to do? Thanks! Cate

A:My 4 Month old Chromebook 15 Just Crashed. Anyone ...

have you tried to do a power wash?http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27685/~/power-wash-command-for-chromebook or try to re-install chromeOS:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27646 if it still has the issue, give Acer support service a call.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/My-4-Month-old-Chromebook-15-Just-Crashed-Anyone-else-had-this/td-p/408777/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

I got a new ACER Aspire all-in-one nbsp ZC- G computer for Christmas It is so slooow I can hardly stand to ZC-700G comp... 4 old all-in-one ACER My month Aspire use it It came with Windows I am not impressed My yr old Dell computer with Windows XP was at least twice as fast as my new computer Why is this darn thing so slow What can I do to speed it up I am using McAfee LiveSafe for which My 4 month old ACER Aspire ZC-700G all-in-one comp... I had to pay Virus scans always come back clean I seldom use the computer since it is so slow but when I do I usually sell things on Ebay or Amazon I never click on unsafe links or sites Invariably when I am on Ebay it takes several seconds probably or to change screens or to clink on another link I have to sit and wait constantly Sometimes it locks up and gives me some type of script error Once in awhile it totally closes ebay and gives me a message that it encountered some type of errer and had to close I am very frustrated with this new computer I wish I had my old one back but since Microsoft stopped nbsp providing updates for Windows XP I nbsp had to get a new computer The speed on my new computer nbsp has not gotten better or worse for that matter since day one Why is this stupid thing so slow I'm about ready to just change to Apple Please help

A:My 4 month old ACER Aspire ZC-700G all-in-one comp...

Uninstall McAfee and check if it run faster.use this tool to do it:http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp then use only windows integrated antivirus. if you are using the integrated browser ( Edge), please use something else, it's very buggy. have a look at Chrome or FireFox

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/My-4-month-old-ACER-Aspire-ZC-700G-all-in-one-computer-has-been/td-p/421351/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

1 month old edge 2 1580, keyboard, touchpad/volume/mute/buttons suddenly stop working and the fan works full speed. The touchscreen works. The keyboard types just 1, 6, 2, x, w and q randomly. It doesn't work in BIOS either. The volume and mute buttons do not respond but it does sound if I plug some headphones to the jack port.  I have runned the hardware and device trouble shooter and adviced me to restart. Nothing really changed. Everything looks just right in the Device manadgement tree so I am guessing drivers are fine. 

A:1 month old edge 2 keyboard, touchpad, volume and ...

I have been like this for two days. I had it on and open in front of me and it suddendly turned off by itself.  It wouldn't react to the on/off button until I connected it to the charger. Then I managed to turn it on and everything seems to work just fine. The touchpad seems fine, the keyboard and the speakers too. Regardless of the charger being connected or not. I'll keep you posted if anything else happens, but I have no explanation for this

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/1-month-old-edge-2-keyboard-touchpad-volume-and-mute-buttons-do/td-p/3303727
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,
I have started gettng the dreaded BSOD on my laptop. It is fully up to date with all drivers as far as I am aware. There doesn't seem to be anything obvious aboyut when it happens but it is starting to get annoying..

this is the event data
EventData
BugcheckCode 209
BugcheckParameter1 0x34
BugcheckParameter2 0x2
BugcheckParameter3 0x1
BugcheckParameter4 0x91997171
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

can anyone point me in the right direction please.
cheers
Rich

A:BSOD on a 3 month old Satellite Pro S500-11C

Hi

BSOD is a product of serious software error or hardware problem.
You should firstly try to find out if it?s really related to installed software.

As you said; the BSOD appear spontaneously and without and suddenly so I believe it would be not easy to replicate this BSOD.
Therefore it?s important to start some ?basic? steps in order to check what could cause this.

Firstly I recommend checking the RAM.
Memory issues could cause BSOD; for this check use an free diagnostic tools like memtest86 or similar (google helps).
If no memory problem would be detected, then you should check if BIOS and other drivers are up to date. Check especially the graphic card driver.

An new OS recovery would be the option too. But note; backup the data before using recovery because the HDD would be formatted

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55884-BSOD-on-a-3-month-old-Satellite-Pro-S500-11C
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

For the third time in 3 months I had to reinstall a Toshiba Satellite Pro with Windows XP. After about 3 to 4 weeks the laptop starts and stops at the startup. It keeps hanging by loading the personal settings. When I use the save mode it still keeps hanging. The only way to get it running again is to install windows XP again. Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks for the anwer.

A:XP freezes after one month

Hi Molema,

Have you installed Windows XP from Toshiba recovery disk or normal Microsoft installation disk?

To be honest it?s hard to say why it happens but I think it?s software related issue. Nobody knows what programs you have installed? Probably it was also a virus or Trojan. If you install XP again I would recommend a good antivirus software like AntiVir or something else.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61389-XP-freezes-after-one-month
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I just got myself an Inspiron 15 5559. It came together with a McAfee 15 month subscription. How do I activate it ? I have not got any link or code from Dell or McAfee.

A:How to activate McAfee 15 month subscription ?

Read me

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19680488
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello. I'm from Thailand. I purchase Dell Inspiron 7559-W560626TH on February. I have ever read brochure that show this product provides Windows 10 and McAfee 15 months subscription but when I check McAfee on my laptop. I find it can use only 1 month. Please tell me what should I do for can use McAfee 15 months. Thanks you for suggestion and sorry about my weak language.

A:Why I can use McAfee subscription only 1 month?

Assuming your purchase price actually included a 15-month McAfee subscription and not just a 30-day free trial (Check your invoice.), you should read this:
Some Dell customers show a 30-day subscription after purchasing a full subscription

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19677788
Relevancy 34.4%

I noticed after having my laptop for about weeks that the port area in the top left corner was bending month from Lenovo Repairs old a lapto... less on than splitting apart where the top and bottom cases joined nbsp I hadn't dropped it looked carefully and didn't see any place that it would have fastened together previously so assumed it was a defect and I would send it back for repair nbsp Since I could find no online repair request system seriously bleep I had to wait until I had time to call which took about a week nbsp I was informed that if my laptop was or less days they would fix it or send me a new one nbsp It was nbsp The guy took pity on me and said they would repair it for free anyway and it would take about a week I printed the tag waited a few days till there was a lull at work and sent Repairs from Lenovo on a less than month old lapto... it in crossing my fingers that I would get it back before I got slammed nbsp It wasn't even recieved by the repair depot for almost a week nbsp Then it took them days before they looked at it nbsp Then they called and told me I had to call back during normal business hours again no way to do this without waiting on hold and authorize worth of repair or they would send it back to me still broken because I obviously dropped it Though no I didn't nbsp I asked if I could see pictures evidence that I had dropped it nbsp They promised they would send it I authorized the repairs because the thing is brand new and I don't want it coming apart nbsp They said it would be repaired immediately nbsp The guy actually put me on hold for about minutes while he made sure it went through immediately They never sent me the pictures and did not contact me again for over a week nbsp I called again They said that they were waiting for a part nbsp I asked how long to get it they nbsp could not give me any estimate of the time before the part arrived I considered telling them to send it back unrepaired but then I would have lost weeks of time AND still have a messed up brand new laptop nbsp I spoke to a manager to try to get some kind of resolution who said he would escalate my claim and that meant someone will call you back Monday nbsp This was Thursday nbsp Three day turn around time is an escalation Monday someone called at am I am in a meeting every morning at this time I called back and left a message his voicemail said he would call back within hours nbsp He did not nbsp I called and left another message nbsp He called back on Wednesday at am left a message and said he was going to be out nbsp tomorrow so I'd have to wait nbsp I called back voicemail again Did not leave me anyone else to contact nbsp No email no ability to access support online nbsp So here I am nearly a month into this experience no ability to do anything about my defective brand new laptop that Lenovo is charging me for and holding indefinitely nbsp TL DR- Terrible customer service nbsp Sent a defective brand new Yoga in for repair has taken nearly a month and is not repaired with no estimate of when it will be and no one will talk to me about it

A:Repairs from Lenovo on a less than month old lapto...

This is the same thing that happened to my husband however I had taken extensive pictures before sending it in and insured it so needed pictures becasue if it was damaged it obviously happened there. We got the same phone tage/waiting for parts - they finally ended up sending him a new computer. I now have a problem with my HDMI port and dont want to send it into this inept service dept but nobody seemed to want/be able to touch it locally. So frustrating!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Repairs-from-Lenovo-on-a-less-than-month-old-laptop/td-p/1182623
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought an HP Active pen and really only played around with it a little. It sat unused in the laptop case and in less than a month, the battery was completely dead. Very annoying since they're impossible to find. I eventually made my way to a Microsoft store to buy replacements. Do I need to store the pen with the battery removed? I don't see myself using the pen much because it requires too much pressure for anything to happen. Not a natural way of writing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Active-Pen-Battery-Dead-in-One-Month/td-p/5600866
Relevancy 33.54%

I need technical help, my brand new laptop keeps loosing my profile and boots me up on a temp profile and will not go back to the profile i set up when i got my new laptop less than a month ago.
Anyone else seen the same issue?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19772812
Relevancy 34.4%

I am experiencing this issue for 1 month. Every time I boot up my notebook it says SMART HDD ERROR. Many people suggested me to replace my hdd. But I only backed up my data and waited for the hdd to fail. But nothing happened. Now I am beginning to think smart hdd error is stupid and not a big deal. But it's annoying that everytime I boot up my notebook I have to press enter. Is there any way to stop that smart hdd error check when booting up? I couldn't find an option in the BIOS settings.

A:SMART HDD error but no problem after 1 month

Have you run a full drive test in the UEFI diagniostics (F2 as you power up)? Also you can run a SMART test from free software to see exactly what SMART errors are there: https://sourceforge.net/projects/smartmontools/files/smartmontools/6.4/smartmontools-6.4-1.win32-set... You do not want to stop the error message. You want to replace the hard drive. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SMART-HDD-error-but-no-problem-after-1-month/td-p/5606125
Relevancy 33.97%

It says I have 62.8gb free of 941gb... I have no Video, about 50 pictures, Office is the only software I have installed. When I click on disk (C) it says that "Temp_SafeToDeleteRefreshFile_Attempt0__File0" is taking up 857,923,584 kb... I don't know if I should delete it. 

Does anyone have this problem or knows what's going on?

A:2 month old 1 terabyte Dell XPS 9550 SSD is full?!?!?!

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would suggest you first back up the data on the system as this could be an Operating system issue.
Run Disk cleanup which should help ,however if that doesnt help then do a factory restore or a clean installation .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19853215
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

I have got BSOD on my laptop every month. I can't find solution. I'll be glad for any help.

My laptop is:

LENOVO TP Edge E540 20C6003V
Windows 8.1 Pro 64b OEM
1,5 year old
reinstalled half year ago
I replaced original HDD to 256GB SSD.

I attached dump files and sysnative files.

Thanks.

A:BSOD every month

Hi,

Ok so all 3 dump files have traces of ESET antivirus and 2 of the 3 minidump files directly blame an ESET driver as the culprit.

Try reinstalling and updating ESET or uninstalling it completely if you don't mind. I realize it's a paid antivirus and that you probably want to keep it. Some information about the drivers below:

Driver Reference Table - em008_64.dat
Driver Reference Table - eamonm.sys

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_em008_64+3bd54

Code:
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd001`799f9c88 fffff803`cc57343a : 00000000`00000133 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000501 00000000`00000500 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd001`799f9c90 fffff803`cc4539b7 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1258a
ffffd001`799f9d20 fffff803`ccb9c67f : 00000000`000000ff ffffd001`74fb9bf0 ffffe000`7c4003b0 ffffe000`00008201 : nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+0x787
ffffd001`799f9f40 fffff803`cc4e5eb3 : ffffe000`7c400300 00000000`00000008 ffffd001`799c8240 fffff803`cc400000 : hal!HalpTimerClockInterrupt+0x4f
ffffd001`799f9f70 fffff803`cc551e2a : ffffe000`7c400300 ffffe000`8ea6a1c8 ffffe000`84e89ea0 ffffe000`88c80538 : nt!KiCallInterruptServiceRoutine+0xa3
ffffd001`799f9fb0 fffff803`cc55220f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 ffffd001`00000000 00001f80`004702c2 : nt!KiInterruptSubDispatchNoLockNoEtw+0xea
ffffd001`799eb720 ffffe000`8523bd54 : ffffe000`8521e1bc 00000000`80000065 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchLBControl+0x11f
ffffd001`799eb8b8 ffffe000`8521e1bc : 00000000`80000065 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`00000000 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 : em008_64+0x3bd54
ffffd001`799eb8c0 00000000`80000065 : ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`00000000 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : em008_64+0x1e1bc
ffffd001`799eb8c8 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 : ffffe000`00000000 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`852322e0 : 0x80000065
ffffd001`799eb8d0 ffffe000`00000000 : ffffe000`84fc5ca5 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`852322e0 ffffe000`84e89e38 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5c9
ffffd001`799eb8d8 ffffe000`84fc5ca5 : ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`852322e0 ffffe000`84e89e38 ffffe000`84fb1448 : 0xffffe000`00000000
ffffd001`799eb8e0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : ffffe000`852322e0 ffffe000`84e89e38 ffffe000`84fb1448 00000000`09655580 : 0xffffe000`84fc5ca5
ffffd001`799eb8e8 ffffe000`852322e0 : ffffe000`84e89e38 ffffe000`84fb1448 00000000`09655580 ffffe000`858bf2e0 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5a8
ffffd001`799eb8f0 ffffe000`84e89e38 : ffffe000`84fb1448 00000000`09655580 ffffe000`858bf2e0 ffffe000`84fb1448 : em008_64+0x322e0
ffffd001`799eb8f8 ffffe000`84fb1448 : 00000000`09655580 ffffe000`858bf2e0 ffffe000`84fb1448 ffffe000`852321b0 : 0xffffe000`84e89e38
ffffd001`799eb900 00000000`09655580 : ffffe000`858bf2e0 ffffe000`84fb1448 ffffe000`852321b0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : 0xffffe000`84fb1448
ffffd001`799eb908 ffffe000`858bf2e0 : ffffe000`84fb1448 ffffe000`852321b0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`973767f8 : 0x9655580
ffffd001`799eb910 ffffe000`84fb1448 : ffffe000`852321b0 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`973767f8 00000000`00000001 : 0xffffe000`858bf2e0
ffffd001`799eb918 ffffe000`852321b0 : ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 ffffe000`973767f8 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 : 0xffffe000`84fb1448
ffffd001`799eb920 ffffe000`8e0ad5a8 : ffffe000`973767f8 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`84fb1418 : em008_64+0x321b0
ffffd001`799eb928 ffffe000`973767f8 : 00000000`00000001 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`84fb1418 ffffe000`8522f3d5 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5a8
ffffd001`799eb930 00000000`00000001 : ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 ffffe000`84fb1418 ffffe000`8522f3d5 ffffe000`9327cc58 : 0xffffe000`973767f8
ffffd001`799eb938 ffffe000`8e0ad5c9 : ffffe000`84fb1418 ffffe000`8522f3d5 ffffe000`9327cc58 ffffd001`799eb9b0 : 0x1
ffffd001`799eb940 ffffe000`84fb1418 : ffffe000`8522f3d5 ffffe000`9327cc58 ffffd001`799eb9b0 ffffd001`799eb978 : 0xffffe000`8e0ad5c9
ffffd001`799eb948 ffffe000`8522f3d5 : ffffe000`9327cc58 ffffd001`799eb9b0 ffffd001`799eb978 00000000`01d06dd1 : 0xffffe000`84fb... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-every-month-986537.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I know you have in Crashes 50+ One Month ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 probably had to answer million of these questions but I am just frustrated and stumped I have been building and working with PC's for nearly years but this is just messing with me I have an old PC using it for now while new PC parts are shipped for a new rig psyched Once those come in I am turning 50+ ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 Crashes in One Month this one over to my teen daughter for school work and what not I am unsure if it is a driver issue or software issue I am hoping to just start from the beginning and weed out the problem So please be patient with me This is a compact report of the problem generated using ' BluescreenView' Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fffff daf b Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff daf b Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time And a link to the actual dump file is HERE Anything else you might need I will quickly and easily provide Thanks in advance for any help you can give

A:50+ ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0 Crashes in One Month

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/50-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-crashes-in-one-month-939186.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have been experiencing BSODs frequently for about a month now and i have updated my BIOS, ran HDD scans and they have come up clean. I am pretty sure at this point it is a driver related issue but i cannot figure which one. So i was coming here to ask if someone could possibly look through my past 5 or so minidumps to help me figure out this annoying issue.

A:[SOLVED] BSODs For About A Month/ Various Errors

Also whenever i run driver verifier i get a BSOD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsods-for-about-a-month-various-errors-893490.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Yesterday i had a bluescreen it was the one second this month I already started a thread for the one on in month 2nd BSOD asus n61jq previous BSOD but that thread wasn't answered yet BSOD on asus n jq The conditions 2nd BSOD in one month on asus n61jq are exactly the same as in the previous post I was only reading a pdf file Almost two 2nd BSOD in one month on asus n61jq months ago i cleaned up my laptop using the recovery partition and searched for the latest drivers on the internet My guess is a bad driver but i can't find out which one could be causing the problem I know i have an older version of Catalyst Control Center but that is the latest version supporting my laptop All later versions turn of the backlight of the screen This is a known topic on the internet witouth a stable solution I included data on this BSOD as wel as on the previous BSOD This is my laptop ---- Asus N jq laptop Windows home premium x OEM version age of the laptop years - gt system recovery one month ago i - QM ATI Mobility Radeon HD N jq --- thanks for helping me out grt martijn

A:2nd BSOD in one month on asus n61jq

Hi,

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

Code:

4: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
fffff880`055638b8 fffff800`032dd169 nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`055638c0 fffff800`032dbde0 nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`05563a00 fffff800`032e3e52 nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`05563b90 fffff800`032e2256 nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+0x42
fffff880`05563be0 fffff880`04d5947f nt!KeSetEvent+0x106
fffff880`05563c50 fffff880`04d772e9 dxgmms1!VidMmiProcessTerminationCommand+0x5f
fffff880`05563ca0 fffff880`04d76574 dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitDeviceCommand+0x39
fffff880`05563cd0 fffff880`04d76012 dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0xb0
fffff880`05563d00 fffff800`0357973a dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xd6
fffff880`05563d40 fffff800`032ce8e6 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`05563d80 00000000`00000000 nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
I seriously doubt the Direct X MMS had anything to do with this crash.

Code:

4: kd> .trap 0xfffff88005563a00
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff880009b1180
rdx=fffffa800423da80 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800032e3e52 rsp=fffff88005563b90 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88005563c20 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac po cy
nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+0x42:
fffff800`032e3e52 488b3f mov rdi,qword ptr [rdi] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
On the faulting instruction, there was a failure moving a pointer stored in rdi to rdi ??? This makes no sense. Very likely a 3rd party driver causing big problems here.

Code:
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'ENG64' and 'ENG64.SYS' overlap
Interestingly enough we have an overlapping module, specifically Norton. I'm not the least surprised.

------------------------------------

Remove and replace Norton with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes as it's very likely causing conflicts:

Norton removal - https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us;jsessionid=841A6D40BA6872C47697C6C6B19C8E11.4?entsrc=redirect_pubweb&pvid=f-home

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/2nd-bsod-in-one-month-on-asus-n61jq-887762.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought a new ASUS S500CA-CJ016H laptop before Christmas for the new school year, about 2 days ago I got my first BSOD, over the next 2 days it had become more and more common and is now doing it every few minutes.

I refreshed my laptop and the only program I have gotten since is Google Chrome and it still persists. If there's any other details you need let me know what and how to get them, not great with computers.

Thankyou in advance.

A:Constant BSOD on 1 month old laptop

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly with the required information - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 8.1, 8.0, 7 & Vista

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bsod-on-1-month-old-laptop-783737.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey there guys,

For the last month I have been encountering several bluescreens and I can't find the cause of it.
Late november I updated my Nvidia Graphics card and then it all started happening, although I'm not sure if this is the cause. I tried to install some new drivers but it still keeps bluescreening after a while.
Also my fan of my power supply was broken so I got a new one for that aswell and that also didn't fixed my problem.
I have been looking on several forums and internetpages but I couldn't find the problem.
I put a link from Speccy (http://speccy.piriform.com/results/x...UJJfEWi6u0XVmt) and a log from Bluescreenview here.
I really hope you guys can solve my problem!

Regards,

Yosika

A:Bluescreens last month

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Hopefully someone can help now with more info! :)
All the info from http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html should be in here!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bluescreens-last-month-777578.html
Relevancy 34.83%

three or four more BSODs
I tried to debugg myself, but I really am at the end of my patience with this thing....
I updated my gfx drivers about 2 weeks ago, also updated my atk package with the one off of the ASUS support site.
last re-installed windows in late december/early jan.

you can ignore the 2 .dmps from january, and any that point to daemon tools, as I uninstalled that a while ago.

A:[SOLVED] three more in a month.

I have DV running, and I plan on running memtest86+ overnight. unfortunately, it always seems that it only has problems right when finals roll around... I think my laptop has a sadistic streak....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-three-more-in-a-month-694254.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Tried sysrestore on this machine to a point a week before the BSoD started happening. Still experiencing issue. Random hangs and forced to restart.
? OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Windows 8
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64bit ? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 8 64 bit
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM
? Age of system (hardware) purchased 03-05-2013
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? N/a

? CPU
? Video Card
? MotherBoard
? Power Supply - brand & wattage

-- Specs viewable at below URL
CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2152 Desktop PC - Newegg.com

? System Manufacturer CyberPowerPC
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) WN7-00166

A:BSoD - clock_watchdog_timeout on 2 month old system

Hello,

How are the temps of the PC. Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the program at idle and while under load.

I would also suggest using the following guideline and test the memory for several passes. Memory Diagnostics

Please take a look at the following thread and enable Driver Verifier using the following instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Code:
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 9200.16551.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130306-1502
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff802`7341b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff802`736e7b00
Debug session time: Thu May 2 23:14:37.750 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:03.490
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {31, 0, fffff880014cf180, 3}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000031, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff880014cf180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000003, 0.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_4_PROC

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: d

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`009a95d8 fffff802`735f4a7a : 00000000`00000101 00000000`00000031 00000000`00000000 fffff880`014cf180 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`009a95e0 fffff802`734b9594 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00010f4e fffff880`009a9760 fffff780`00000320 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x14539
fffff880`009a9660 fffff802`73b89eca : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`3ee7c0b6 00000000`00022930 : nt!KeUpdateTime+0x2ec
fffff880`009a9840 fffff802`7346e57a : 00000002`85cf7ed1 00000000`46be637b fffff802`73bb3580 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpTimerClockInterrupt+0x86
fffff880`009a9870 fffff802`734d6722 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLockNoEtw+0x1aa
fffff880`009a9a00 fffff802`734a0fed : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`009a9ce9 fffff6fc`40004308 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxFlushEntireTb+0xe2
fffff880`009a9a50 fffff802`734ed9ec : fffff802`736e8380 fffffa80`06be84d9 fffff880`009a9ce9 00000000`0019aeaf : nt!KeFlushMultipleRangeTb+0x46d
fffff880`009a9c50 fffff802`73447e45 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000003 : nt!MmZeroPageThread+0x6ea
fffff880`009a9d50 fffff802`734fc676 : fffff802`73713180 fffffa80`06d26280 fffff802`7376d880 fffffa80`06cf7940 : nt!PspSystemThre... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-clock_watchdog_timeout-on-2-month-old-system-694366.html
Relevancy 34.4%

hi, i been surfing the web for ways to solve this annoying problem ive been having .... found this forum and seems to be very ppl friendly with alot of problem solving so i was hoping someone could help me here...
Stop Error:
This is the error i keep getting: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005)
-0xFFFFFF88002064cEE
-0xFFFFFF88003E706A8
-0xFFFFFF88003E6FF00

dxgmms1.sys -Address FFFFF88002D64CEE
i also have minidump folder if someone can debugg it.

A:BSOD for the past month mostly while gaming. PLS help.

Hello,

Please take a look at the following link and preform the requested steps.

Once you have the requested reports please attach back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-for-the-past-month-mostly-while-gaming-pls-help-693968.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Windows bit Windows Retail version months old Purchased july st CPU BSOD new a fairly with G55VW Asus month within Multiple the i ivy bridge G VW Chipset Model ID Not sure about psu Asus G VW-DS Additional information - lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt Multiple BSOD within the month with a fairly new Asus G55VW lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Ben-AsusG lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff f d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff f d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Thanks for the help

A:Multiple BSOD within the month with a fairly new Asus G55VW

From the 3 recent 2 are the bluetooth driver and 1 blames the virtual wifi system which could also lead to the bt driver.

Do you have anything connected via bluetooth?

The Atheros AR9485WB-EG wifi driver could also be updated
There are newer versions of the Wifi and bluetooth drivers on the Asus site
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download G55VW

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Sun Nov 4 01:34:47.366 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\110412-23134-01.dmp]
BugCheck D1, {fffff88008f590d4, 2, 8, fffff88008f590d4}
Probably caused by : btfilter.sys ( btfilter+80d4 )
Bugcheck code 000000d1
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff88008f590d4, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88008f590d4, address which referenced memory
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
MaxSpeed: 2300
CurrentSpeed: 2294
BiosVersion = G55VW.206
BiosReleaseDate = 04/05/2012
SystemManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
SystemProductName = G55VW
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Oct 29 19:25:29.900 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\102912-31808-01.dmp]
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa80097d6b50, fffff80003c073d0}
Probably caused by : vwififlt.sys ( vwififlt!FilterNetPnPEvent+53 )
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 0000000000000258, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa80097d6b50, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff80003c073d0
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
MaxSpeed: 2300
CurrentSpeed: 2294
BiosVersion = G55VW.206
BiosReleaseDate = 04/05/2012
SystemManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
SystemProductName = G55VW
Arguments:
1 4If8VqsdArg1Q
2 VSSbaZ3s07zSV
3 YwKxfRMKAVg59
4 90NB7C232D3143SX350Y
[System Configuration Options (Type 12) - Length 5 - Handle 0006h]
[Cache Information (Type 7) - Length 19 - Handle 0008h]
Socket Designation CPU Internal L2
Cache Configuration 0081h - WT Enabled Int NonSocketed L2
Maximum Cache Size 0400h - 1024K
Installed Size 0400h - 1024K
Supported SRAM Type 0002h - Unknown
Current SRAM Type 0002h - Unknown
Cache Speed 0ns
Error Correction Type Specification Reserved
System Cache Type Unified
Associativity 8-way Set-Associative
[Cache Information (Type 7) - Length 19 - Handle 0009h]
Socket Designation CPU Internal L1
Cache Configuration 0080h - WT Enabled Int NonSocketed L1
Maximum Cache Size 0080h - 128K
Installed Size 0080h - 128K
Cache Speed 0ns
Error Correction Type ParitySingle-Bit ECC
System Cache Type Data
Associativity 8-way Set-Associative
[Cache Information (Type 7) - Length 19 - Handle 000ah]
Socket Designation CPU Internal L3
Cache Configuration 0182h - WB Enabled Int NonSocketed L3
Maximum Cache Size 1800h - 6144K
Installed Size 1800h - 6144K
... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsod-within-the-month-with-a-fairly-new-asus-g55vw-674032.html
Relevancy 34.4%

i have a desktop which as detail below faced blue screen while playing games and other hard 3d work..

windows 7 ultimate
64bit
reinstall by own with crack
about 12month
same as hardware age

cpu, graphic card, motherboard shown in picture below

power supply GX 650w
GX-650W - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case, Cooler, Power Supply, Laptop Cooling, Gaming Peripherals

thx for helping

A:blue screen on my 12 month desktop

Hi,

All of the errors in December are stop code 124 which is often caused by unstable overclocked software and I see your processor is overclocked. The easiest way to stop this would be to stop overclocking. If you wanted to keep your overclock you may need to increase vcore/volts on the cpu (BUT I cannot reccomend this because increasing VCore too much can seriously damage your cpu) Best thing to do would be to get rid of the overclock for now and get some advice on what your doing wrong from some people with overclocking expertise.

You also have BSODs relating to btath_avdt.sys which is a driver for Atheros Bluetooth Driver Reference Table - btath_avdt.sys. You should update this to the latest driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-my-12-month-desktop-680581.html
Relevancy 34.83%

So far this month I have had BSOD's It seems like I'm doing something different each time I get one After I had my rd BSOD I decided to replace my power supply So I went from a W Rosewill PSU to a W Corsair PSU I installed the new PSU Tuesday night and two days later I'm still 4th month. BSOD Please help. this getting these BSODs so a new PSU obviously didn't fix the issue One of the BSODs happened when I was surfing the internet another happened when watching a video from my desktop and the other happened when I wasn't even sitting in front of my computer It was just sitting on the desktop at the time of the BSOD I've attached the Performance log html and the jcgriff folder I read I was supposed to attach along with a notepad of the most recent BSOD I'd appreciate 4th BSOD this month. Please help. any help I can get in figuring out what is causing these Specs Vista bit MOBO Asus P Q Pro CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale Ghz Video Card Nvidia GeForce GT RAM GB of G Skill DDR PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series TX V W

A:4th BSOD this month. Please help.

Hi,

Two attached dumps, one from this month and the other from June. Both are faulting L1E60x64.sys which is the Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller driver.

I'd recommend updating your networking drivers to their latest version. Atheros is really annoying with their drivers as they're hard to track down at times.

Check:

Qualcomm Atheros :: Corporate :: Customer Portal

or

ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/4th-bsod-this-month-please-help-662276.html