Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

Q: Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

I ordered this computer from CyberPower I ve listed the relevant specs below I ve read Freezes Locks, Logs, 7 BSOD Reboot, No & No Requires Event Windows a lot of other people having similar issues but there doesn t seem to be any concrete answers My computer randomly freezes and locks up requiring a hard reset to continue The everything Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD except the mouse freezes and then eventually the mouse will too The HDD light is inactive Event Viewer shows nothing except quot The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected quot This seems to happen at completely random intervals It usually happens when I m Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD browsing the web or watching a streaming video netflix but it has also happened while loading a program or not doing anything at all There have been only a couple consistencies It has never done this while playing a game I play Starcraft II and Battlefield While trying Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD to reinstall BF it has locked up the past times I ve tried to install the game I have reinstalled Windows Installed current drivers Run Memtest with no fails Run Intel s diagnosis software on the SSD with not issues I m assuming this is a hardware problem What further troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the suspects Thanks for the help While writing this post the computer crashed but this was different as I received the BSOD The following event log occurred at boot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x efb x d x xfffff eeb A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id I don t know if that is relevant or not Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -BitMotherboard CrossFireX GigaByte GA- A-D AMD Socket AM ATX Mainboard w On Off Charge Audio GbLAN USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe X PCIe X amp PCICPU AMD FX- GHz Eight-Core AM CPU MB L Cache amp Turbo Core TechnologyVideo Card AMD Radeon HD GB GDDR X PCIe Video CardMemory GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance Power Supply Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Plus Power Supply Gold OS Hard Drive GB Intel SSD SeriesData Hard Drive including Users amp ProgramData folders TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDDOptical Drive LG UH LS K X Blu-Ray Player amp DVDRW Combo DriveLCD Monitor quot Widescreen x Asus VS H-P LCDCooling Fan Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Advanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

How many passes did you allow Memtest to complete?I see that you've provided your setup, but please provide a Speccy snapshot for additional needed information.Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.Download, install, and run.After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.A web address will be displayed. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post. Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, as well.=========================================

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439002/windows-7-freezes-locks-requires-reboot-no-event-logs-no-bsod/
Relevancy 87.29%

Howdy everyone I've got a problem with my computer hard freezing locking up no input have to perform a hard reboot since July th It with Viewer or Event Hard No Freezes BSOD Logs Computer seems impossible for me to diagnose this problem since I've never dealt with a recurring hard freeze before My initial reaction was that the hardware was problematic but at the same time I have no idea if it could be caused by a driver Attempted solutions so far Ran CHKDSK on both HDDs no errors found this is on a four-week old HDD with a fresh Windows x install Ran Memtest for hours no errors found Replaced the graphics card with a weaker one problem still occurred Constantly checking temps for overheating card and processor rarely get above but the computer still freezes during idle or low Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs processing stages Software-related Uninstalled and swept video card drivers then reinstalled twice Ran Driver Verifier as of now and no blue screens Started checking for any errors in Event Viewer none are related to the crash so far as I've fixed about random things getting reported Checked for dump files to no avail Reinstalled all motherboard drivers from the manufacturer At this point I'm at the end of my ideas so I came to you guys I have no idea what information I could provide to you that may be of assistance While the computer is frozen it is still powered on as well - Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs I have to turn it off manually if that is revealing of anything I'm basically willing to try anything Please let me know if you have any suggestions thanks

A:Computer Hard Freezes with No BSOD or Event Viewer Logs

Welcome
Try in safe mode, if it freezes most likely hardware problem

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242343-computer-hard-freezes-no-bsod-event-viewer-logs.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm unsure if this is a virus or some sort of problem with parts of my computer. My pc is locking up at random intervals and requires a hard reboot. I have ran a recent scan on mbam and it found a pup crossfire virus. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved easily instead of having to buy a new pc or new parts.

A:Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455332/computer-locks-up-and-requires-hard-reboot-after-random-moments-of-use/
Relevancy 79.55%

Ok so I am going to try to explain this as thorougly as possible while trying not to sound like an idiot in requires Screen reboot randomly, hard Freezes the process Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot I am by no means computer savvy so anyone that has any advice will more than likely need to talk to me like a Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot th grader I am ok with Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot that Since installing a Windows Update about a month ago my screen will randomly lock up At times it will clear itself after a couple of seconds and state something to the effect that quot display driver amd has stopped working and recovered quot Other times it will stay frozen for about minutes and then will start functioning properly again More often than not though it will stay frozen indefinitely and require a hard reboot This happens during mundane activities No extreme gaming going on Generally it is while just browsing the net It tends to happen more often to my wife who uses it during the day to work through a VPN I don't believe there is any correlation though I have read multiple forums on the web and have tried several things from cleaning the registry to uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it in safe mode The latter seemed to work last night but today my wife started having the same issue again I am attaching the file from the SF Diagnostic tool but it said I didn't have any dumps to log I'm sorry if that makes a suggestion more difficult Thank you in advance for any and all help I can get Brandon

A:Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot

See if you can get to the DMP's this way....

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229295-screen-freezes-randomly-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a computer that just keeps rebooting itself randomly. I am not sure why though. The fans seem to be Ok so it isn't over-heating. Below are the Event IDs listed in the Event Viewer. Let me know your thoughts on how to fix this or if these errors have anything to do with the reboots.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Description: Faulting application soffice.exe, version 6.0.7663.500, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.3119, fault address 0x00012a5b

Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c000001d, parameter2 ecd3bcd8, parameter3 80548dc4, parameter4 00000000

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7000
Description: The LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

A:Random Reboot: Event Viewer Logs

What is soffice? Is it Star Office? If it is I would try un-installing and re-installing to see if it solves the problem?

In order to figure out why you are getting random reboots, you need to make a settings change to your computer. Go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Setup and Recovery 'Settings'

UN check 'Automatically Restart'. Click OK.

Reboot your computer. Now when Windows detects a problem it will not automatically reboot, but rather give you a blue screen.

Blue screens are often called 'Blue Screens of Death' (or BSOD) by users, and 'Stop Messages' by Microsoft. We need to know the exact message you see when you get the blue screen. We especially are looking for a set of letters and numbers about half way down the page that take this format:

0x0000008e

This is usually followed by a set of 4 similar numbers in parenthesis. For now we just need the first set of letter and numbers (before the numbers in the parenthesis).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboot-event-viewer-logs-253939.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Starting a few days ago When ever i booted my PC after about 3-5 minutes on it would freeze. After hard reboot I would either get BSOD or the monitor wouldn't work. I've ran a full scan with both avast and malwarebytes and I'm not infected. I'm running memtest now, 6 passes and no errors.

Memtest finished 7 passes not 1 error.. restarted system was fine til earlier when i got home.. turned on PC and few mins in it froze again. had to hard reboot a few times didn't get any BSOD this time.

A:Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

still need help :l

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239672-computer-freezes-multiply-times-start-up-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I was running DMark and got a BSOD code After that every Event and every time Logs BSOD After 3011 ID Event I boot Viewer 3012 time I boot Event Viewer logs Error Codes ID and Attached are screenshots of both I googled this and found two different threads where someone suggested to rebuild the performance counters After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot Both responses were basically the same below is one Neither of the OP's came back and said if this worked for After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot them Re LoadPerf Hi- I had the same problem with LoadPerf and here is what I found out All performance counter names and explain text are maintained in string tables managed by the performance counter subsystem Perflib The current contents of the performance counter string tables are corrupted and cannot be displayed To correct the problem rebuild the string tables User Action To rebuild the string tables on the computer that displayed the message at the command After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot prompt type Lodctr r The contents of the string tables are automatically rebuilt I hope this helps Since this was from XP and the other response was for Vista I wanted to see if the guru's at SevenForums thought that this was okay before I did this Here are the screenshoots of my two errors

A:After BSOD Event Viewer Logs Event ID 3012 and 3011 every time I boot

Rebuilding the string tables as outlined in my first post fixed the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305115-after-bsod-event-viewer-logs-event-id-3012-3011-every-time-i-boot.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I am at wits end with this system I have been trying to get this thing stable for a dogs age This is what Locks, Kernal 41 ID Event Hard BSOD, Power I have done in the past months I have BSOD, Hard Locks, Kernal Power Event ID 41 reinstalled the OS a couple times even Zorin OS on a stand alone clean drive I have run Memtest found bad set of RAM RMA'd Reinstalled the OS as bad Ram was in machine at the time of the reinstall I have also swapped the vid ASUS OC and sound cards Power Supply seems to be OK a CoolerMaster w modular CPU has an Antec Kuhler liquid cooling on it I had it kind of stable for about week after running AMD driver remover and reinstalling the driver Then it started acting up again Went to AMD and found the AMD program at nukes all traces of amd ati drivers off the system Ran that installed ONLY the latest vid driver still crashing CPU liquid temp according to the program sits anywhere from - C depending on the ambient temp on silent ramped up full blown gaming it might get to C I have never had an issue vex me for so long A fresh set of eyes would be appreciated Attached it the SF Diag results Thanks

A:BSOD, Hard Locks, Kernal Power Event ID 41

How old is that Cooler Master PSU? One year? Two? Any more than that and (in my experience) I'd be looking hard at it. Whenever I have had Kernel Power Event 41's, it's been either a PSU issue (solved by replacement) or wall socket power issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355643-bsod-hard-locks-kernal-power-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Issue - computer locks up with locks info BSOD event computer or relevant minutes My no 45 up log every with only the mouse working every - minutes I have to do a cold reboot to get the system up again If I run the computer for minutes and then shut down let it sit then start up again it will crash in Seems time dependent rather than heat or activity based The issue occurs when browsing the internet watching video playing games or just being in screensaver No blue screen error No information in the event logs Has been happening for a month No big changes to the system before it started Running Windows i - K CPU GB Ram OS on GB SSD Secondary hard drive is conventional WD TB My computer locks up every 45 minutes with no BSOD or relevant event log info Nvidia GTX Computer is about - years old When the crash happens nothing is written to the event log or to the memdump file of use It just lists that the computer has been restarted with a cold boot I ran memtest - no issues Also ran HD Tune Pro - no issue found with the SSD It says read failure unstable sector for the secondary drive The Western Digital tool finds bad sector on the secondary drive but SMART status is PASS Quick Test fails - failed read test element Windows ChkDsk cannot see the issue with the secondary drive Updated drivers for video card and sound card Motherboard bios are up to date Unplugging the secondary hard drive does not fix the issue All fans are working Yesterday I did a Windows reset The problem is still happening Is there anything else I can try to identify the source of the issue Thank you for the support nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-locks-up-every-45-minutes-with-no-bsod-or-relevant-event-log-info.1170612/
Relevancy 68.8%

Before I post my BSOD thread, what I'd like to is see where it is in event viewer, I can't find it. It happened at 11:45 yesterday (it's 12:57AM here now) the computer was off for about an hour, but the last event it shows under system is 11:06 and it's just an information event.

A:BSOD not showing in event logs, why?

There may not be a event logged depending on the type/cause of the bsod.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-not-showing-in-event-logs-why-1012338.html
Relevancy 68.8%

After installing or removing a patch or a feature windows often requires a reboot Is there a tool to see the to know reboot? do details requires a why How exact windows I get exactly why windows asks for this In w I found that HKLM System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager PendingFileRenameOperations often lists a How do I get to know the exact details why windows requires a reboot? bunch of actions which can just be ignored like cleaning up some temp stuff or can be solved without rebooting by just terminating nbsp a process or a service which prevented the file rename operations in the current session I found lockhunter being a very helpful tool for this purpose My server says it requires a reboot but I don't see any pending file rename operations I cannot reboot the server right now so I am curious to know why exactly the server wants a reboot I want to judge myself about the criticality of the reason If windows says it needs a reboot it well knows what the files are that need to be replaced so why can't it tell me As I said I often can resolve the PendingFileRenameOperations by hand If I then delete the PendingFileRenameOperations key windows does not request a reboot anymore On the server I don't see the PendingFileRenameOperations key and windows still says it wants a reboot So I want to know where else I need to look for the detailed reasons of the reboot windows pretends to require

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac8be08e-55c5-4fc3-a94e-fbb56acf57d2/how-do-i-get-to-know-the-exact-details-why-windows-requires-a-reboot?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 68.8%

I have recently began having an issue with my Windows operations. When I click on the START button the menu flashes up and goes back off. I restarted my computer and received a startup option list that blinked rapidly until I hit the arrow key ( or mouse ). I was instructred to choose a device that would start up first ( options were Hard Drive or CD Drive ).
I chose Hard Drive and the reboot completed but now periodically the Start up button will work normally and sometimes it simply flases up and back off.
Not sure what to do at this point.

Well we have discovered the problem was with the keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-requires-entry-during-reboot.844314/
Relevancy 67.94%

Greetings all I have been stumped with this issue for quite some time now and hang, hard reboot requires randomly Windows 8.1 was finally able to find a forum like this Here's the issue my computer freezes hangs randomly when I'm using it It happens more when I'm playing League of Legends all of a Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot sudden the mouse and keyboard stop working and the screen is frozen as well Ctrl Alt Del doesn't do anything and so I have to resort to rebooting my computer by holding the power button I have already checked my drivers to ensure that they are all updated I just ran FurMark and that went fine for about minutes before I decided to turn it off I've tried using command prompt and using dism Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot online cleanup-image restorehealth However the issue still persists I have posted my specs below any and all help would be so appreciated Specifications Processor Type AMD A - KProcessor Speed GHzRAM GBHard Drive Capacity TBOptical Drive X DVDRW Slim Optical DriveGraphics Card AMD Radeon R XDedicated Graphic Card YesVideo Memory GBTV Tuner NoBuilt-in Monitor NoHDCP Compliant NoTouchscreen Display NoSound Card Integrated - Realtek ALC Audio Output High Definition Channel SurroundSpeakers NoIntegrated Microphone NoMicrophone Input x Front x BackLine-In Input x BackLine Out x Front x BackDigital Input NoDigital Output x BackEthernet Port Integrated Wi-Fi Dual Band Wi-Fi a b g n acIntegrated Bluetooth Yes - Modem NoUSB Ports x USB front rear x USB front rear DVI Output BackHDMI Output BackOther Input or Output Ports DisplayPort - BackWebcam NoColor Black

A:Windows 8.1 randomly hang, requires hard reboot

Let's start with this report:
Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582184/windows-81-randomly-hang-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 67.94%

Event Log Explorer A tool to help Manage Analyze and Report Windows Event Logs For Windows NT XP operating systems This is a simple quot starter quot guide to help use this tool Note this tool will only work on Windows NT XP It will not work with Windows Vista Download and run Event Log Explorer One time initialization Click Tree- gt Show Tree Click File- gt New Workspace Click File- gt Save Workspace As and save your workspace file anywhere you choose Example To Filter View Export Recent Error and Warning Log Events Open an Event Log gt gt e g Typically you only need look at the System Log for System event records and the Application Log for Application related events Filter the events you want to see for this example we filter to only see Non-Information events that occured in the last days gt gt Click View- gt Filter gt gt Uncheck Information Towards the bottom of the filter window look for Display event for the last enter days Click OK Click File- gt Export Log to save a "Event Event Windows Logs helps Log on your tool Explorer" manage/analyze/report copy of the events for later viewing or sending to others gt gt Check Text file All events Event Description gt gt Uncheck Export Event Data gt gt Check Close dialog "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs when done Click Export and save as a txt file on your Desktop Help Troubleshooting an Event Double click an event to see the quot Event Description quot which provides more detail about the event Click Event ID Database button for "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs an web page about the event to get general explanation additional information about the Event Look for and click hyperlinks in the Event ID web page for user comments on the "Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs event You may note that some additional automated help is available via subscription service I ve never tried using the subscription service myself I think what s available for free from the tool plus a little manual internet surfing will likely get all the same information nbsp

A:"Event Log Explorer" tool helps manage/analyze/report on your Windows Event Logs

I use the subscription to EventID.net. It has been greatly helpful. I don't have this analyser but am a big believer in using the Event Viewer. I'll add a description I have written up which will help in determining the Events: This may be useful in addition to the Event Analyzer.

One thing I have not been able to do is keep the filters set with the software in the OS.

Find the Error(s)in the Event Viewer that correspond to the crash/freeze/error message/blue screen, etc.:

Description of the Event Viewer:

Unfortunately, many Windows XP users aren't aware of the Event Viewer, what it is, where it is, how it can help with a problem:
The Event Viewer has logs for everything that happens on the computer. There are three sets of logs: System, Applications and Security. By opening the first two to display the Events, you can look for Errors that correspond to the time of the problem- in your case, the crash.

There are three types of Events in the System and Apps logs:
1. Information (white circle w/blue i): this is just basic documentation of the normal working of the System or Apps.
2. Warnings (yellow triangle w/black exclamation mark) noting some problem at that moment. Warnings usually resolve on their own. If they do not, they become>>>
3. Errors (red circle w/white X- they document something that didn't work or isn't happening as it should. Each Errors has three parts: an ID#, a Source and a Description. By doing a right click> Properties, the Error will open to a screen that can be copied. These three parts taken together can usually lead to cause and resolution.Click to expand...

Start> Run> type in eventvwr
Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)

You can ignore the Categories 1 and 2. If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed. You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
Vista path can be followed here: (Copy button is on lower left)
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Monitoring-Event-Logs-Windows-Vista.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-log-explorer-tool-helps-manage-analyze-report-on-your-windows-event-logs.130078/
Relevancy 66.22%

I quot upgraded quot power Freezes Requires Windows and 7 off to Wndows as I was re-formatting and figured it was a good idea at the time It has been no fun at all up to Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off this point At first I noticed that if I left the machine on overnight with files and or browsers open when I came back in the morning it will have restarted sometime during the night and will be sitting on the log in screen I didn't worry too much about it but now it has decided to just freeze up First everything becomes un-clickable and then the cursor freezes up Ctrl-Alt-Dlt doesn't work so the only way to get out of it is to push and hold power and reboot that way I have read TONS of threads on here and other forums about this issue and I have done a great many of the suggested fixes such as - Switched to high performance power scheme - Updated Windows - Updated all drivers - Uninstalled Zone Alarm and replaced it with Kapersky - Forced the LAN to never go to sleep I checked the event log after one of the freezes and found multiple occurrences of the error that refers to SChannel Event i d - This happens even when I have no browser windows open - I am using Firefox - I have restored back to the earliest point but the machine hasn't really EVER been so there kind of is no good point to restore back to I was about to format and reload using bit version this time when I read that people had reinstalled and still had the problem I will provide more system info tomorrow providing I can keep the machine running long enough Thanks Mike

A:Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off

Welcome!

Maybe a repair install will take care of the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71057-windows-7-freezes-requires-power-off.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Windows 7
ASUS P8P67
Core i5 2500k
GTX 460 1GB
8gb (2x4gb) @ 1333MHz
Seasonic 650W
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

I built this a week ago during launch day and have so far received two freezes (both when I was just on desktop browsing or working in MS Office). There is no BSOD and I am unable to ctrl+alt+del to reboot. I have to manually shut down the computer and than boot it up again.

My CPU idle temps are hovering around mid 30s and goes up to the high 50s on load. My GPU idle temp is 33c constantly and goes up to 60c on load. Both sticks of ram have done 8 passes on memtest86+ showing no errors.

What can be the problem?

A:computer freezes/locks up (no bsod)

did you put enough Thermal Paste between the Processor and the Heat Sync? Try applying some more.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezes-locks-up-no-bsod-545059.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days I have a dell xps with water cooling the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs I have a dual boot setup with - gig hard drives Vista Ulti and Win Pro I have a qx extreme chip and gtx video cards gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card Drivers were all updated reset 7 Windows ro 64 hard requires Freezes Everything was running pretty good after the inital install a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW vista does the same thing occassionally After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem Then the freezes became more often And can happen at anytime sitting at desktop gaming or surfing internet My descent setup is now crap Currently I used driver sweeper Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset and removed the nvidia display drivers and am now running windows display driver WDDMV and these didnt fix it either Any help would be appreciated Thx

A:Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Serbsniper

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2 gtx 280 video cards, 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. Drivers were all updated. Everything was running pretty good after the inital install, a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW, vista 32 does the same thing, occassionally. After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board, this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech, they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem. Then the freezes became more often. And can happen at anytime, sitting at desktop, gaming or surfing internet. My descent setup is now crap. Currently I used driver sweeper 2.1.0 and removed the nvidia display drivers, and am now running windows display driver 8.15.11.8593 5/14/09 WDDMV 1.1 and these didnt fix it either. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hi and welcome

We are going to need a ton more info before we can be of much use to you.

First thing we want to do is look in event viewer. Next time you freeze type eventvwr in search. goto the windows log>application tab. You want to look for errors ( they have red "X" in the left hand column). when you find them and you will, use the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make screenshot and upload it using the attadchment icon( shaped like a paperclip) on the reply form

See Pics
Let us know if you need help with that

ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45204-windows-7-ro-64-freezes-requires-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 64.5%

When using Firefox, at random times, my computer at times will lock up on and of and just go slow. Other times it will just freeze and I have to reboot.

Sometimes when I reboot from this I get a BSOD and it asks for the startup repair disk. Sometimes it does not do this. Sunday I believe I got a BSOD after the computer froze on Firefox.

These issues do not happen when using IE.

I have uninstalled add ons and plugins on Firefox, same thing.
I have done the mem test, no problems.
I have done an SFC scan multiple times, no problems.
I have done chkdsk multiple times, no problems.

Also scanned with Malware Bytes, and it gets rid of any detections and it still does it.

Sometimes I think it might be my graphics card. I'm not totally sure. I come to you all for help! Thank you in advance!

A:BSOD on startup (sometimes), PC Locks Up/Freezes Random W/ Firefox

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

Code:
iaStorA.sys Tue Mar 19 05:36:36 2013 (5147A504)
iaStorF.sys Tue Mar 19 05:36:37 2013 (5147A505)
------------------------

Code:
kl1.sys Tue Jun 19 19:27:15 2012 (4FE07E33)
klflt.sys Tue Mar 26 20:44:59 2013 (5151B46B)
klif.sys Tue Mar 26 21:07:33 2013 (5151B9B5)
klim6.sys Thu Aug 2 17:09:23 2012 (501A5FE3)
klkbdflt.sys Mon Sep 3 19:55:35 2012 (5044B6D7)
klmouflt.sys Mon Sep 3 20:21:58 2012 (5044BD06)
kltdi.sys Mon Apr 29 18:07:50 2013 (517E6296)
kneps.sys Tue Mar 5 15:09:23 2013 (5135B643)
Please uninstall Kaspersky for the time being. Use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately: Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
------------------------
Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Please update these drivers:NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 16:27:58 2012 (5089142E)
MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5
Driver Reference Table - NTIOLib_X64.sys

rsdrvx64.sys Thu Feb 12 19:01:49 2009 (49941DBD)
EldoS Corporation RawDisk Driver
Driver Reference Table - rsdrvx64.sys

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Lately we have experienced some issues with the latest driver. Install the 314.22 WHQL only.

Code:
nvhda64v.sys Sun Jun 16 18:38:07 2013 (51BDB1AF)
nvvad64v.sys Tue Aug 20 17:29:10 2013 (52135306)
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Sep 12 11:16:00 2013 (52314E10)
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:

Let us know the results.

------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306094-bsod-startup-sometimes-pc-locks-up-freezes-random-w-firefox.html
Relevancy 63.64%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.64%

Is it possible to examine the event logs (*.evt) of Win NT/2000 on a windows 95/98 pc? If so, how?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-logs-of-win-nt-2000-on-windows-95-98.47611/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am getting BSOD multiple times a day. Error on BSOD: Worker thread returned at bad irql

I had installed Windows updates, Western Digital My passport Software and Samsung Kies Software. After this the BSOD started happening multiples times a day. I am unable to do a System restore to correct the problem. Have uninstalled the WD and Samsung softwares, but no respite.

One specific instance noticed is that launch of utorrent results in quick BSOD, else it happens randomly. I would like to completely eliminate this problem. Would appreciate any and all help. Dump files attached as instructed.

Windows Reliability report says:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000e1 (0xfffff800033d8560, 0x0000000000000002, 0xfffffa80080cf120, 0xfffffa80080cf120). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 110612-29328-01.

I am running Win 7, HP 64 bit on a Sony Vaio Laptop. Never had this problem over the last 1 year that I have owned this Laptop.

A:BSOD Random event, multiple times, Bugcheck reboot 0x000000e1

Welcome aboard, brucealvice.

What I am noticing that you have two antivirus programs installed. Dont do it at all. Let Microsoft Security Essential stay there, uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

From your crash dumps...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck E1, {fffff8000338e560, 2, fffffa8006c64090, fffffa8006c64090}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopProcessWorkItem+0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x000000E1: WORKER_THREAD_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL
Usual causes: Device driver

Update these two drivers:
Atheros NIC driver from ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)
Atheros network adapter driver from ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)
As your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. If after unininstalling McAfee and updating these couple of drivers there are further crashes, enable it.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262824-bsod-random-event-multiple-times-bugcheck-reboot-0x000000e1.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello all,

This Windows 7 utility actually works on Windows 8 Pro (at least it does on my installation).

Event Viewer One Click Clear - Windows 7 Support Forums

Use at your own risk.

Note: There are some that frown on removing historical event logs and I say "To each their own."

Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/20156-windows-8-pro-clear-all-event-logs-utility.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Which event logs can one check to identify hardware errors or general hardware health for the disk (SSD), battery, or memory? Are there additional health checks that can be collected through PowerShell/WMI? I know Win32_battery has for example an attribute
for ExpectedBatteryLife although  I don't see it populated. Also the below blog shows how to query disk health through WMI.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/san/archive/2011/08/11/have-you-ever-wanted-to-know-if-your-disk-is-going-to-fail-before-it-does.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/77f1354d-8dff-4171-b5ae-41d9c9b7edbf/windows-event-logs-for-hardware-health?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a problem with my new install of windows where i guess it thinks that I should have raid I keep getting this error Reset to device Device RaidPort was issued It causes my games and computer to freeze It is completely random and the amount of time it is frozen is random I have hard drives in my computer But they are not set up as raid One is OS and the other is a backup with files I have checked the bios and flashed it to the latest version I cant seem to get it to stop any help would be nice I have attached the event viewer error i think is causing it The Without BSOD, Freezes Computer Event 129 ID application and system logs from event viewer System Info https onedrive live com redir resid A B A amp authkey APO LTd MDu ax amp ithint file ctxt System Logs https onedrive live com redir resid A B A amp authkey ADj f o chgcwfc amp ithint file cevtx Application Logs https onedrive live com redir resid A B A amp authkey AOFfbgo ZeBBjfU amp Computer Freezes Without BSOD, Event ID 129 ithint file cevtx I also attached a report from Speccy while playing the game it usually crashes on https onedrive live com redir resid A B A amp authkey AIHJ Fw Computer Freezes Without BSOD, Event ID 129 KNvkGiQ amp ithint file ctxt

A:Computer Freezes Without BSOD, Event ID 129

Hey, you can check the last 2 posts in Vista warning: Reset to device \Device\RaidPort0 was issued

You might have SATA mode set to RAID in BIOS, and not necessarily have a RAID setup. It would still load RAID drivers in that case. If that is the case, read AHCI : Enable in Windows 7 / Vista before you change BIOS to AHCI please.

Another thing that comes up with a search is that it might be your AV setup incorrectly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369617-computer-freezes-without-bsod-event-id-129-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

So I've been having these random Thread Stuck In Driver errors in my poor laptop for a good while now This time around I had Skype Preview open Chrome and League It happened when I wasn't even in a game on League--- I was responding to a friend in chat I suppose in in reboot Thread viewer bugcheck event driver BSOD, error stuck it should help to mention as well Thread stuck in driver BSOD, bugcheck reboot error in event viewer that Windows Shell Common DLL crashes when I try to view recording devices in Sound properties as well Don't know if those are connected Anyways the error from Thread stuck in driver BSOD, bugcheck reboot error in event viewer what I see in the event viewer says this The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x ea xffffcc befc c x x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP Report Id a bdb-ffbb- f -a f- f d f Then the dump file deletes itself because I have too much stuff on my computer Though there might be older MEMORY DMP files that show other instances of the bluescreen param x ea xffffcc befc c x x x param C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP param a bdb-ffbb- f -a f- f d f Is the other page I'm now going to attach the file from my desktop that I was instructed on the FAQ to put in here to help you guys solve my problem Thank you in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60503-thread-stuck-driver-bsod-bugcheck-reboot-error-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there,

I have been having this problem for about 2 weeks. I have tried disabling various services but have not had any luck narrowing it down. I have attached the Dump & System files. I am unable to create a System Health Report since it cannot be created in Safe Mode and my computer locks up before I can create it in normal windows.

My computer is a Toshiba Satellite L675D Laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit w/ SP1 OEM. It's about 1.5 years old.

Thanks

Scott

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64 locks up everytime I reboot

I don't know for sure if this is related or not, but you have a ton of errors in COM about not being able to start the Functional Discovery Provider Host (FdpHost Configuration), which is causing other service starts to fail. Also, I noticed that almost every time your system reported an unclean shutdown event, the last thing it logged was that the Lbd Ad-Aware antimalware filter driver had just loaded and registered itself. A quick bing and google search has shown that this isn't exactly uncommon, so you might want to consider removal of that program (and using autoruns to make sure it's cleaned up if it is left behind by the uninstaller) to see if that helps any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209441-windows-7-home-premium-64-locks-up-everytime-i-reboot.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Apologies if the question has been asked before, but I've tried a search for this sort of event, without success. I've made it a practice to clear the Event Logs prior to shutting down (somewhat anal, I know!), so that - if anything goes pear-shaped during a session - I might have a chance of tracking it down, as I've only got that day's logs to view. In Vista Ultimate, you can filter the Windows Logs for that viewing, but I can see a way of getting the filter ("Warning" only) to stick permanently. Saving the filters as a custom view only seems to last for that session too. Is there a way, please?TIA! Ray.

A:Controlling The Appearance Of Windows Logs In Event Viewer

Hello Ray, yes you can filter logs, but about Warning-only permamently you cannot...For a little solution try press on "Type" ...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169804/controlling-the-appearance-of-windows-logs-in-event-viewer/
Relevancy 62.35%

The is another attempt at getting this answered Previous replies noted that the Administrative Events under the Custom view was just a compilation of all the other logs I do not belive this is entirely correct Clearing Windows in Event Administrative 7 Viewer Logs as all the events in this log concern the operating system and do NOT appear in the other logs such as Application Security etc Below is an example of what is showing up on my system after all the individual logs shown under Event Viewer are cleared Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Warning Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client None Error Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Session Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService Sharing a printer Error Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client Address Configuration State Event There are over of these events remaining after all the logs were cleared dating back to January of when I bought the computer So once again How do I clear these logs nbsp A command line method is fine as long as somebody can tell me the actual log name to use Seren

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1152f6eb-4b05-442e-b1f3-9a3641b233d3/clearing-event-viewer-administrative-logs-in-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

Howdy folks,
I did a fresh reinstall of WinXP a couple days ago, then I set the computer to defrag last night at midnight and went to bed. Now, I have literally /hundreds/ of messages in my Event Log (System) generated by the Windows File Protection - the file names are all different (and run in alphabetical order), but they all have identical messages:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Windows File Protection
Event ID: 64004
Date: 5/24/2003
Time: 8:27:26 AM
User: N/A
Computer: GRIMJACK
Description:
The protected system file XXX.XXX [all different -Mook] could not be
restored to its original, valid version. The file version of the bad
file is 5.1.2600.1106 The specific error code is 0x800b0100 [No
signature was present in the subject.
].

This is continuing to occur, even after I've rebooted the machine - anyone know what this means?

Mook

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a laptop that worked fine for about months but it's having errors now It was locking up and freezing pretty badly on startup looked like it was related Lockups Event freezes, #11 BSOD, and Error to explorer exe crashes I installed SP beta to Lockups and freezes, BSOD, Event Error #11 eliminate any corrupt file problems and it helped with the lockups It is getting this BSOD Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional Lockups and freezes, BSOD, Event Error #11 information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC EF BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FD BCP FFFFF DE OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Liz AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http Lockups and freezes, BSOD, Event Error #11 go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Which is something to do with kernel crashes And could be hard drive related In Event Viewer it shows lots of quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot The errors start June th I'm not sure about the lockups since I don't own the computer The BIOS is set to AHCI mode in case that matters The hard drive is a GB Hitachi quot rpm mobile drive

A:Lockups and freezes, BSOD, Event Error #11

Quote: Originally Posted by illegal3alien

I have a laptop that worked fine for about 4 months, but it's having errors now.
It was locking up and freezing pretty badly on startup, looked like it was related to explorer.exe crashes. I installed SP1 beta to eliminate any corrupt file problems and it helped with the lockups. It is getting this BSOD:

Code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: FFFFF6FC4001EF18
BCP2: FFFFFFFFC0000185
BCP3: 0000000119FD1860
BCP4: FFFFF88003DE3624
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072210-59186-01.dmp
C:\Users\Liz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-119153-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Which is something to do with kernel crashes? And could be hard drive related.

In Event Viewer it shows lots of #11 "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0" The errors start June 9th. I'm not sure about the lockups since I don't own the computer.

The BIOS is set to AHCI mode, in case that matters. The hard drive is a 320GB Hitachi 2.5" 5400rpm mobile drive.

Hi illegal3alien and welcome

We really need the actual DMP file.

Quote:
If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

Jan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99812-lockups-freezes-bsod-event-error-11-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title says my computer has been either completely freezing up with the desktop image still on the monitor and completely unresponsive to all user input or just randomly restarting without going to Bluescreen or saving a mini dump. In the event viewer the only critical events I see are Kernel Power event id: 41, the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This has happened 3 times in the last 3 days, but for some reason only 2 of those events are recorded in the event viewer.

I have attached a text file of the events in event viewer from the last three days. I need help diagnosing this problem and getting my computer back to a stable state.Thanks.

A:Computer freezes or restarts with Event ID 41 no BSOD

Hi and Welcome to SevenForums,

Please read through and follow the BSOD posting instructions:
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

I'm sure a member of the BSOD team will be with you as soon as they are available.

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345890-computer-freezes-restarts-event-id-41-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have 2 pc's bought from the same supplier but a year apart, they are both running windows 7 pro however they have just started randonly rebooting and giving me a BSOD and the only issue i can see are 3 of the same event logs saying the pc rebooted after
a bugcheck and it saved it to c:\windows\memory.dmp however i am having trouble viewing this file?
I eventually managed to install the Windows debugging tools but not having much luck with viewing the file to see what the problm is?
Can anyone assist further please with moving forward to try and find the cause and resolve
thanks

A:unable to resolve random reboot BSOD & event id error messages kernel power & bugcheck

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers
were loaded, and what was responsible.  

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95885a9-b291-47a5-8806-939714e159da/unable-to-resolve-random-reboot-bsod-amp-event-id-error-messages-kernel-power-amp-bugcheck?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Forum,

I'm getting a error in the Windows Logs - Application that appears to be related to the Win 10 free upgrade push. Without removing all the Win 10 updates to my Win 7 Pro x64 system, I'm looking for a way to resolve the error.

This is a Win 7 clean install return from Win 10.

Does anyone have a solution?

Quote:
Faulting application name: GWXUX.exe, version: 6.3.9600.18064, time stamp:
0x56042d8f

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19045, time stamp:
0x56259295

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000004ac04

Faulting process id: 0x1ddc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d134a2492ae39f

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\GWX\GWXUX.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 87823f99-a095-11e5-8cbe-386077b56e17

A:Application Error - Windows Logs - Event ID: 1000 (Win 10 related)

Quote: Originally Posted by tjg79

Without removing all the Win 10 updates to my Win 7 Pro x64 system, I'm looking for a way to resolve the error...

...Does anyone have a solution?

I would try to correct the error by running sfc /scannow, if that doesn't fix the problem you may have other file corruption/manifest issues; check the log located in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Another possibility would be to uninstall/reinstall KB3035583. Disabling the GWX associated tasks in Task Scheduler is a bit of a problem, see this post for the gory details.

Me? I'd just uninstall KB's 2952664 & 3035583, hide them & be done with the Win 10 upgrade nuisance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387468-application-error-windows-logs-event-id-1000-win-10-related.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi does anyone have a tutorial or ebook i could read for reading windows event logs? id like to learn more about them and i think i have the right section so pleas correct me if im wrong

A:Tutorials for reading windows event logs in schedule tasks

Good basic guide : Use Windows 7 Event Viewer to track down issues that cause slower boot times - TechRepublic

THE database of log events : Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Event Logs

And of course don't forget google.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37065-tutorials-reading-windows-event-logs-schedule-tasks.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've got a weird thing going here I had an Acer AX bit Vista Home Premium attached to my tv and a dual bay ext hd dock for a year with no problem Starting Freezes no BSOD - Vista Premium event Home with nor on Aug it just started freezing - screen image freezes and mouse keyboard does nothing Nothing new installed I didn't see any updates other than security definitions The only recent changes to environment were a switch from dsl Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD to cable modem about months ago and plugging in an external hard drive about a week before it started Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD freezing I've previously attached detached multiple devices over the year It started freezing while I was watching avi files in VLC But then that's what I normally do on this machine Tried a Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD different player MPC-HC and still freezing The screen just freezes and audio plays the last sec in a loop So I tried without watching videos just let the machine sit idle and it would also freeze The freezes became more frequent as days went by I checked event logs and there were no warning error entries around the freeze time I checked device manager and there were no warnings I tried system restore to earlier points with no luck I detached the dual bay dock I tried to install stand alone debug but the machine wouldn't allow it and I can't remember why now So I tried a factory restore from the restore partition Machine freezes during installation I figure hardware but can't test No biggie I have a spare machine Here's where it gets weird I put an Acer Revo with a fresh install of Vista Home Premium in the same location plugged into a different power outlet Install so fresh it's not even activated I plug in only the bluetooth keyboard hdmi and ethernet to router I installed VLC and MPC-HC and started watching videos It starts doing the same thing freezing I switch the keyboard to a different bluetooth keyboard and still freeze I go back to st bluetooth keyboard and install the driver for this keyboard from disc thinking maybe the default driver is no good anymore Still freezing I put in usb keyboard and mouse and it freezes but less frequently Again on this machine no warning error events around the freeze time I installed stand alone debug but don't know of anything to debug I ran memory test and it came back clean So I was thinking that maybe it's a power issue However the Revo is plugged into a different outlet I've been watching the process service threads in Process Explorer While I see thread rack up memory and not release I kill Windows Update which is in that group and the resources come down I saw resources on my frozen screen from the last freeze and there was nothing out of the ordinary that I can see I'm totally out of ideas And I have no minidumps or event logs to go by Any suggestions I'm a little nervous to put another machine with different OS in this location I did put a linux Acer Revo in this location but didn't leave it long enough to really test I know this was a long post Hoping it makes sense and someone can help me make sense of all this

A:Vista Home Premium - Freezes with no event nor BSOD

So nothing?  Did I not include enough information?  This is still happening and I can't find any pattern to the freeze.  Would appreciate any ideas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546928/vista-home-premium-freezes-with-no-event-nor-bsod/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have already posted this in the General Discussion section but I and of freezes BSOD logs eventvwr gaming accompanied by tons while saw there's a different thread for BSOD's so i'm posting it here again with the logs Sorry about that c Hi First let me tell you this issue has not been going on since a few days or just a week but is occurring for about months now So here's the issue I mostly play League of Legends and mostly the first - minutes of the game go fine or just have - freezes for seconds but as the game persists the game starts freezing more and more and there comes a point when the background music league has this BSOD while gaming accompanied by freezes and tons of eventvwr logs background music tune while playing just goes away and all I can hear is the sound of abilities This is the point when I know my PC is going to freeze because after the sound goes away in just - minutes the game freezes Sometimes the freeze is for - seconds and then it comes back but after another seconds the whole computer freezes again and this time it doesn't come back and the last sound which I heard keeps looping again and again I have completely reset my windows THRICE used another copy of Windows from my friend but there is no luck in them for me Currently I have nothing on my system except League of Legends TeamSpeak and Garena Also when my computer freezes I've seen the event viewer for logs at that time and I noticed that my Event Viewer has like overall logs which made me a bit worried I am also sure of the fact that my PC can handle League as it runs fairly well at fps medium settings The only other thing I've downloaded everytime I reset use another copy of Windows is the graphic card driver I don't know how to upload logs plus there is a LOT of them so If somebody could tell me how to upload them so that you guys can see I'll be very thankful Oh and yeah the bluescreens I most frequently got all these months were KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR amp MEMORY MANAGEMENT Specs i ghz GeForce GT GB mhz kingston RAM GB WD Elements HDD Intel DH TC motherboard This issue occurs while browsing or on YouTube too sometimes but no bluescreen Just a freeze which lasts about m or something Thanks in advance

A:BSOD while gaming accompanied by freezes and tons of eventvwr logs

Bump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397761-bsod-while-gaming-accompanied-freezes-tons-eventvwr-logs.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm consistently getting four Audit Failure events, Event ID 5061, indicated in the Windows Logs - Security immediately after start. Task Category: System Integrity. Screen shot are indicated below. Is this a serious indication of a problem? How do
I troubleshoot and repair?
This is a clean install and I moved the Users Folder and ProgramData Folder to D: with the AIK.
SFC reports no integrity violations.

I've searched the registry for the key, but it doesn't appear.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ed411d6d-3a0a-4d98-b2d6-7eb057697f66/windows-logs-security-audit-failure-on-start-up-event-id-5061?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all and thanks in advance I have a new Windows Dell laptop one week old Windows is fully updated as is Firefox with NoScript and Web of Trust Avast free and Malwarebytes I have not used Windows before so I am not sure what is normal The computer runs fine but I need to use my computer for sensitive financial information on occasion so I need to be sure One odd event yesterday had me digging in the event viewer I found types of events that unsettled me I was playing a game when the screen flashed black twice I have only integrated graphics but this is not a graphically intensive game Dungeon Crawl if you know it I checked my graphics drivers and they are up to date A look at the event viewer revealed three items in the Logs Odd Viewer Entries Windows Oddity? Infection Event of Security or in 8 - security Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity? log a blank password query followed by a logon and then a special logon I have copied and pasted them separated by --- There was a lot of code after each event that I haven't posted to save space also I've XXXXX ed out the name of the computer and the account Log Name Security Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date PM Event ID Task Category User Account Management Level Information Keywords Audit Success User Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity? N A Computer XXXXXXXXXX Description An attempt was made to query the existence of a blank password for an account Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity? Subject Security ID XXXXXXXXXX Account Name XXXXXXXXXX Account Domain XXXXXXXXXX Logon ID x C Additional Information Caller Workstation XXXXXXXXXX Target Account Name Administrator Target Account Domain XXXXXXXXXX --- Log Name Security Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date PM Event ID Task Category Logon Level Information Keywords Audit Success User N A Computer XXXXXXXXXX Description An account was successfully logged on Subject Security ID S- - - Account Name XXXXXXXXXX Account Domain WORKGROUP Logon ID x E Logon Type Impersonation Level Impersonation New Logon Security ID S- - - Account Name SYSTEM Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x E Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x Process Name C Windows System services exe Network Information Workstation Name Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process Advapi Authentication Package Negotiate Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only - Key Length This event is generated when a logon session is created It is generated on the computer that was accessed The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon This is most commonly a service such as the Server service or a local process such as Winlogon exe or Services exe The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred The most common types are interactive and network The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created i e the account that was logged on The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request - Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key This will be if no session key was requested --- Log Name Security Source Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Date PM Event ID Task Category Special Logon Level Information Keywords Audit Success User N A Computer XX... Read more

A:Odd Entries in Security Logs of Event Viewer - Infection or Windows 8 Oddity?

See the post here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/e6db8fba-c2c8-47be-a992-96e383e34693/windows-8-event-id-4797-in-security-logThe last post states its not malware.You may want to ask in Win8 if they have more info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544054/odd-entries-in-security-logs-of-event-viewer-infection-or-windows-8-oddity/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all Im getting random freezes suddenly on my Win hp pavilion dv laptop It boots up fine and a little after freezes/locks up Windows 7 randomly I start using it it freezes I can see the Hdd light is solid but cant get to task manager control panel or anything else Had Kaspersky on it but that was acting very strangely it kept coming up with a panel that said enabling ant-virus which I never had before so I removed it Have run Avira rescue disk and Bitdefender rescue disk as well as Malwarebytes The Avira found seven infections Windows 7 randomly freezes/locks up and I think it cleared them I think it didnt show which ones were there or give me confirmation that anything was removed And ran it again and it showed nothing found It seemed okay for a day and then it started occurring again while this is going on If I turn off the wifi it seems to freeze for longer periods but that may just be my imagination Any ideas how to fix these freezes or lock ups

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570077/windows-7-randomly-freezeslocks-up/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi. Windows XP keeps locking up on me. Almost always when I click "My Computer" to search for a file, and usually when I click "Print" to print a word document. The print functions freezes for about 20-60 seconds. The my computer freeze can be that short, or as long as forever and I have to ctr-alt-del to kill it and try again.

I run Symantec Endpoint AV, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes pretty religiously, looks clean from there.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Windows XP freezes up/locks constantly

My name is Pizza and Pepsi. I will try to give you a hand and help you solve the problem.Lets run Security Check.Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!! Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants. Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator. If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). Click the Start Scan button. Do not use the computer during the scan If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit. If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options. Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process. Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed. A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:). Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET Online Scanner:Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.Vista/Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu. Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps) Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop. Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop. Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use." Click the Start button. Accept any security warnings from your browser. Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following: Scan potentially unwanted applications Scan for potentially unsafe applications Enable Anti-Stealth technology ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time. When the scan completes, click List Threats Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply. On ESET: Click the Back button, then the Finish button.Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!Post the logs and tell me how the computer is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453047/windows-xp-freezes-uplocks-constantly/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have had this hp for about month. ultimate 64, 4gb, 8600gt, and pretty much standard stuff. MY computer will freeze up while browsing the internet, watching tv through windows media center, or listening to itunes. Sometimes it is a full freeze up, other times i can move the mouse but nothing on the screen is responding. Any suggestions? Thankyou!

A:Windows freezes or window locks

Hi joe2six, welcome to the board.

I have just answer to the thread with similar problem. Suggestions I made it pretty much a routine trouble shoot. Instead of typing it over, hope you don't mind I just paste the link. Please take a look and disregard the pionts that doesn't apply.

Here you go and post back.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...ue-screen.html

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198008-windows-freezes-window-locks.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My problem is, Windows will randomly freeze usually after 30 mins - few hours after playing music in iTunes or playing Football Manager 2008 (Other games have caused it as well, just I play the said game more). Sometimes it will freeze for no reason, yesterday it froze twice (Once I was just on MSN and the internet. The other I was splitting a file in winrar)

I've thought it was overheating as my fan is quite noisy, but it doesnt restart, just freezes. I've scanned for viruses and found none.

Any ideas?

System specs (if needed) are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 6420 @ 2.13GHz
2GB DDR2 PC2-6400
450GB storage (150GB system HD & 300gb backup HD)
8600GT 256MB
ASUS P5N-E SLI
DVDRW Drive
Windows XP Pro 32 bit

A:Windows locks up/freezes randomly

Did you matche the ram by model number to the motherboard? I would run memtest86 (www.memtest86.org)...needs 4 full tests and there are 8 passes per test so it can take 3-4 hours.
Temperature is possible as is psu (which if it were a good one you most likely would have listed it IMO).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-locks-up-freezes-randomly.696532/
Relevancy 60.63%

For some reason, when i start using explorer the system starts to take a long time to load anything and gets stuck on the loading cursor.. pretty soon it requires me to hard-reboot the computer. This also occurs when i am trying to install software.

Running:-

core 2 X6800
2gb corsair (something)
2x nvidia 7900gtx

A:Hangs then requires reboot

Have a look in your error logs and give us an idea of what it says. They can be found by clicking on start, right click on computer and open manage.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/113164-hangs-then-requires-reboot.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My kingdom for a resolution I've troubleshooted everything I can think of My computer just randomly freezes I receive no BSOD either It just stops responding the monitor goes dead since it Log Analysis, dump, Freezes, Random Desperate Event BSOD/memory No loses signal yet the computer fans and HD lights continue to run There is no response from it via mouse or keyboard however No MEMORY DMP files No BSOD/memory dump, Random Freezes, Event Log Analysis, Desperate are created either I disabled automatic restart so it doesn't reboot at least Sometimes it freezes when I'm using it other times in the middle of the night when I'm dead asleep To troubleshoot I've -Swapped out VGA cards One seems to produce many more crashes once or twice a day but the other still crashes on occassion once every couple of days lt -- could this be it why the difference -Tested PSU no problems -Reformatted and reinstalled OS -Did full virus and malware scan with a half dozen different vendors all came out clean -Used CPU temp monitoring software while running Prime temps are all fine -Ran Memtest overnight on my memory all passed -Updated all drivers and windows updates including Direct X -Completely removed all video drivers did a clean install of video drivers -Updated BIOS -Completely cleaned PC of dust made it look brand new all fans are fine good ventilation The only quot hint quot I have is the event logs but after searching the internet for a month on what it means I'm still stuck I will post what they say here in the hopes that some kind smart soul will understand what its pointing at There are Errors and Critical in the log each time this happens First an error Event ID General Tab The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Details Tab Friendly View - System - Provider Name EventLog - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel System Computer PhatBox Security - EventData AM DD B D D F DD B D D F C C C E Binary data In Words B DD D F D B DD D F D C C C E In Bytes DD B D D F - DD B D D F - C C lt C E N Now the Critical Source Kernel-Power Event ID User System OpCode Info Task Category Keywords General tab The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Details tab friendly view - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer PhatBox - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp The final Error event Event ID OpCode Info Task Category Event processing Keywords Audit Success General tab Audit events have been dropped by the transport Details tab friendly view - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog Guid fc ddd -d ef- - d - e cfe ce EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel Security Computer PhatBox Security - UserData - AuditEventsDropped Reason -------------------------------------- Please Help

A:No BSOD/memory dump, Random Freezes, Event Log Analysis, Desperate

I'm no smart soul but it looks to me like power faults. Start by checking all the connections from the power supply to the motherboard. A few disconnects and reconnect will clean the pins. Be sure all the pins in the connectors are fully seated. Sometimes a pin will get ejected from the connector (pushed out by the motherboard pins).

Next would be to verify the power supply voltages. These should not vary by more than +/- 5% on any of the rails.
One method is to down load and install HWiNFO64, if you don't already have a voltage monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313393-no-bsod-memory-dump-random-freezes-event-log-analysis-desperate.html
Relevancy 60.63%

This problem occurs at different times And again it never produces a BSOD event log or dump and the fan ALWAYS goes full blast Sometimes it happens while in the middle of something sometimes when the computer is idle Have to hard reboot it log with fan freezes, dump. blast or randomly no XPS BSOD, event goes L501x full then but usually it will then occur on reboot freezing anywhere from the Windows logo to sometimes shortly after desktop icons appear Could take me or tries before it finally makes it into Windows and sometimes I can run it for a few hours before it locks up again sometimes not Thought it was a heat issue but running monitoring software showed the CPU heat XPS L501x randomly freezes, fan goes full blast with no BSOD, event log or dump. levels consistently remained XPS L501x randomly freezes, fan goes full blast with no BSOD, event log or dump. in safe range - c even moments before freeze up Still blew out of the fan area just in XPS L501x randomly freezes, fan goes full blast with no BSOD, event log or dump. case But many times it happens when the computer has been off for a while even overnight I turn it on and it will freeze on startup so clearly it can t be overheating Actually once that happens it takes many attempts before it finally successfully boots up again When it has cooperated I have managed to run Burn In Test Memtest passes and even S amp M Stress which I ran like times of which it did freeze but I think it was just a random freeze rather than being specifically triggered by S amp M s tests Also it passes the Dell preboot assessment I did a clean install of Windows but same problem Resorted to trying clean install of Windows but problem remains Amazingly enough I was able to get thru both reinstalls with no freezup issues which I found odd I think I have exhausted all other causes so my thoughts are its either a bad processor or a motherboard issue but before I invest in a new board or processor I wanted some opinions Thanks Adam

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974925
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently upgrade my 10 freezes free still and after Windows locks upgrade up OS from to wind in hoping that this Windows 10 still freezes and locks up after free upgrade will fix the issues of my computer freezes and locks up which requires me to reboot a few times before the computer gets to a point it get stable to function for awhile I had Windows 10 still freezes and locks up after free upgrade the same issues before under win when I built my machine Recently I had to rebuilt my pc because the mb died on me I purchased a new mb ram cpu one nee hd and video card and blu ray burner It took me hours to load win from my OEM disk until my need hd often would locks up during installation before i could finishing installing win Now download win upgrade and install it over win The installation was a snap But I still have problems as before Recently I install win clean and remove win to see if that could help the issues still there I ran a MEMtest to see if I had a memory issues nothing I bought a new psu too the issues are there I had this constant issue since win OEM and I can't figure out what the problems Are there any free diagnosis programs to run to find out the issue is My gut feeling is the OS itself from win before I install win over it PC spec blu ray burner from LG Gygabite MB A-UD P AMD FX Black Ed AM Crucial GB Dimm EVGA GT GB D video card WD Blue TB ea HD WD Green TB HD TP LInk wifi card model TL-WN ND OS win bit then download win ISO PSU w

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72988-windows-10-still-freezes-locks-up-after-free-upgrade.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My wife's computer has been acting up the last 2 weeks, sometimes it just locks up, sometimes the monitor is covered in lines like the video card is shot, sometimes it gets the blue screen, getting frustrating.
Tried system restore but was no help.
Ran Malware Bytes, found lotsa things but still no help.

What should I try next?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 60.2%

For some backstory I built this computer in late Feb of Over the last months two of which - July and August - I wasn't around to use it and have had several issues with it since Early March - Random BSOD relation to Shadowcopy files reinstalled OS issue ceisted Early September - Single random BSOD again However the computer could not get past the Windows Repair Environment reinstalled the OS issue ceisted Late September - Several random BSOD due to GPU drivers uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers in Safe Error No / Hard Created Logs No - Freezes Random BSOD, Dumps Memory Mode - doing so in regular boot mode caused a BSOD - fixed this Now - random freezing every few days to as often as once every few hours This is my current issue These freezes will occur suddenly and with no warning One second I'll be watching a video browsing or playing a game then Random Hard Freezes - No BSOD, No Error Logs / Memory Dumps Created the next I'll be stuck Any audio will loop constantly and the screen will be stuck at the last quot frame quot I've left it for as long as minutes and it will not crash or bluescreen The only option is to simply hold the Power button The event viewer will not have any error or warnings at the time of the freeze but will only have the error regarding the computer shutdown being forced at the time Random Hard Freezes - No BSOD, No Error Logs / Memory Dumps Created I hold the Power button I'm starting to think this issue is far beyond that of a software issue This rig has had problems on both Windows and I've done some testing with Memory Diagnostics and stress testing the CPU and GPU However I do not mind starting to troubleshoot quot from the beginning quot to find out why this rig has had a plethora of issues Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383010-random-hard-freezes-no-bsod-no-error-logs-memory-dumps-created.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there. I have to regularly reboot my PC to get my printer working. I've updated the driver after removing and reinstalling the printer, but the problem keeps returning.
Any ideas folks?

Relevancy 59.77%

The video on the Toshiba laptop died (blank screen) and I had to to a hard shut down and power up to get the video back. This has only happened once on 20 March 2010.
Sys Info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3835 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 465163 MB, Free - 375050 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAE
Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

A:Video problem requires reboot

If it only happened once I would wait a while to see if happens again, hopefully it won't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-problem-requires-reboot.1045976/
Relevancy 59.77%

Have an issue with a HP dv2200 laptop with Vista on it. It's started to disconnect the wireless, not all the time, but intermittently. When it disconnects it goes to limited connectivity, and I can't ping the router, although it still lists a valid ipv4 address for me. When I try to repair it it won't work, and when I disconnect it doesn't see any wireless networks until I restart. It also seems to start freezing intermittently if I try to go into any of the network settings. I was able to get into them eventually and it listed the wireless card as disabled, but it wouldn't let me reenable it. Restart fixes it, but it keeps happening. Everything on the computer's been updated(bios, wireless drivers, Windows updates), but it's still doing it. Any ideas?

Relevancy 59.77%

This problem occurs at different times And again it never produces a BSOD event log or dump and the fan ALWAYS then goes full blast Sometimes it happens while in the middle of something sometimes when the computer is idle Have to hard reboot it then but usually it will then occur on reboot freezing anywhere from the Windows logo to sometimes shortly after desktop (No or BSOD, Dell randomly Dump XPS file) l501x laptop event freezes log icons appear Could take me multiple boot attempts before it finally makes it into Dell XPS l501x laptop freezes randomly (No BSOD, event log or Dump file) Windows and sometimes I can run it for a while sometimes for few hours before it locks up again sometimes not Thought it was a heat issue but running monitoring software showed the CPU heat levels consistently remained in safe range - c even moments before freeze up Still blew out of the fan area just in case Also applied fresh thermal paste However alot of time it happens when the computer has been off for a while even overnight and I first turn it on Even in sleep mode when I wake it although in that scenario the screen stays black although the lights come on and the fan goes full speed as before In these scenarios the machine is obviously cold so can't be overheating that is triggering it Thankfully the machine has cooperated enough times that I have managed to run Burn In Test inside Window Passed Memtest outside Windows passes no errors and even S amp M Stress inside Windows which I ran to completion like times in which it passed of them The other times it did freeze again fan full speed screen frozen during testing but I think it was just one of its random freezes rather than being specifically triggered by S amp M's tests Also it passes the Dell preboot assessment Updated BIOS to latest version as well Went ahead and did a clean install of Windows with latest device device drivers but problems persisted Resorted to trying clean install of Windows with latest device drivers but problem remains Amazingly enough I was able to get thru both reinstalls with no freezup issues which I found odd Resorted to clean install of Ubuntu just to see what would happen and amazingly it has been stable for about hours but since the problem seems to be hardware related rather than OS and driver related installing Ubuntu should have shown the same stability issues I think I have exhausted all other causes so my thoughts are its either a bad processor or a motherboard issue but before I invest in a new board or processor I wanted some opinions Thanks Adam

A:Dell XPS l501x laptop freezes randomly (No BSOD, event log or Dump file)

It appears that you're comfortable taking this laptop apart - am I correct?
If that's the case, leave it apart loosely and then use it until the fan starts going full blast.
Then immediately unplug it (leave the battery out if it's removable), open the case, and feel around near (BUT NOT TOUCHING) the components.
What you're looking for is an area that has a lot of heat pouring out of it.

It could be hot enough to burn you - so just go near without touching anything.  If the heat is significant you'll feel it without having to touch ahything.
FYI - this technique can result in 2nd degree burns - BE CAREFUL!!!

What I suspect is the video card is overheating (but it could be other components).
Monitor your system's temperatures with this free tool:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
If there's a sensor on the video card, this should read it.  Most likely there's a sensor present somewhere - as something has to tell the fan to speed up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614513/dell-xps-l501x-laptop-freezes-randomly-no-bsod-event-log-or-dump-file/
Relevancy 59.77%

When I click on the desktop, everything freezes -- except AOL. However, my system does not freeze if I connect to AOL and open a browser, either IE 5.5 or Netscape 4.61 and then click on the desktop. Why is this happening? What can I do to change this? The following applications are running at startup:

1) ICQ 2000
2) Creative Disk Detector
3) Direct CD Wizard
4) Zone Alarm
5) Gator
6) Add-Subtract
7) Norton Antivirus

I usually shut off Add-Subtract immediately unless I am pestered by an add that won't go away.

Lkn4you
[email protected]

Relevancy 59.77%

Yesterday I started having reboot Computer unresponsive, freezes completely becomes BSOD, and to have no my computer freeze while I was playing a game I didn't get a BSOD or any kind of error message The computer just completely locked up If a sound was playing it got stuck It was completely unresponsive clicking didn't work and neither did ctrl alt del I had to turn off my surge protector's power or hold down the PC's power button to turn it off It Computer freezes and becomes completely unresponsive, no BSOD, have to reboot seems pretty random At first I thought it might be a problem with the hard drive the game was on but then I tried a game that's on another hard drive and it worked fine for quite a while until it eventually froze the computer as well Plus I've already had an experience with hard drive failure and I always got a BSOD in that situation unlike now Also Hard Disk Sentinel says all my hard drives are at health My next guess was the graphics card but I'm not getting artifacts or noticeable framerate drops I did just have my display driver stop responding and immediately recover while I had a Twitch stream playing at the same time I was playing Skyrim Firefox crashed I restarted it and the stream then I went back to playing Skyrim and the computer froze shortly thereafter I found another thread with someone having a similar problem They were asked to post a Speccy snapshot and the results from a MiniToolBox test I've already taken care of that so I'll post those now Here's the Speccy snapshot http speccy piriform com results TQAFxZo SsemTNEakZg z L And here are the results from MiniToolBox MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Owner administrator on - - at Running from C Users Owner Desktop Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Model System Product Name Manufacturer System manufacturer Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name plugin-container exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name mozglue dll version time stamp x c Exception code x Fault offset x efdc Faulting process id x b Faulting application start time xplugin-container exe Faulting application path plugin-container exe Faulting module path plugin-container exe Report Id plugin-container exe Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Defrag User Description The volume My Book F was not defragmented because an error was encountered The parameter is incorrect x Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name plugin-container exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name mozglue dll version time stamp x c Exception code x Fault offset x efdc Faulting process id x fd Faulting application start time xplugin-container exe Faulting application path plugin-container exe Faulting module path plugin-container exe Report Id plugin-container exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name Oblivion exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name D D DLL version time stamp x ce b b Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x e Faulting application start time xOblivion exe Faulting application path Oblivion exe Faulting module path Oblivion exe Report Id Oblivion exe Error PM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name Oblivion exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name Oblivion exe version time stamp x c Exception code xc Fault offset x e Faulting process id... Read more

A:Computer freezes and becomes completely unresponsive, no BSOD, have to reboot

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617684/computer-freezes-and-becomes-completely-unresponsive-no-bsod-have-to-reboot/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello. I bought a new computer and it freezes at random times. It happens 1-5 times / day and it's really annonying. It does not reboot, there is no BSOD, it just freezes.

Before reinstalling windows, it used to show some BSOD. I got just 1 BSOD after reinstalling windows. I attached some logs.

The 2 USB ports from the front of my case don't work as they are supposed to. I have to move stuff to make them work. I use the USB ports from the back of my pc case for that reason.

A:New Computer freezes at random times. No BSOD, no reboot.

The BSOD says .... disc error.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fb80000000, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 000000000011a880, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff70000000000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: winlogon.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0
Read the lines in red.

Test the HDD using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows.

Post a screenshot of the HDD using CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.
But, this part is interesting .... it is already pointed out in red.

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.
It is either some virtual disc, or the phusical disc is having loose connection.

You have virtual disc.

ITEMVALUEName Virtual CloneDriveManufacturer Elaborate Bytes AGStatus OKPNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\vclone.sys (5.4.7.0, 34,00 KB (34.816 bytes), 24.07.2013 18:02)
Uninstall Virtual CloneDrive.

Open the computer. Make it sure that the HDD is properly screwed, the SATA and power connections are not loose, there is no bend pins in any heads of the ports. If possible, change the SATA and power cable. Also, apply the SATA cable in another unused port in the motherboard.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311367-new-computer-freezes-random-times-no-bsod-no-reboot.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all,
One of our PCs shutdown twice and one day I checked to see why it was shutting down and I got an error that was:

-

System

-

Provider

[
Name]

Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting

[
Guid]

{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}

[
EventSourceName]

BugCheck

-

EventID

[
Qualifiers]

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords

0x80000000000000

-

TimeCreated

[
SystemTime]

2015-08-04T20:33:25.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-

Execution

[
ProcessID]

[
ThreadID]

Channel

System

Computer

XXXXXXXXXXX

Security

-

EventData

param1

0x0000004a (0x0000000074a32e09, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff880081f6b60)

param2

C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP

param3

080415-18844-01

Can someone help me with this.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60858067-ba34-4005-b22c-a13b105b497f/bugcheck-event-id-1001-windows-7-pc-continues-to-reboot-because-of-this-error?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 59.34%

The basics Vista reboot Internet requires constantly, hangs Home with SP and all updates Firefox ZoneAlarm Internet hangs constantly, requires reboot firewall Avast AntiVirus ThreatFire Road Runner internet through Time Warner The problem is intermittent which leads me to believe it is an ISP issue After browsing for quot a while quot sometimes mins sometimes I will get the status of quot Waiting for url com quot and it never connects If I close Firefox and restart I get the message that Firefox is still running If I open IE at this point it also will not change from status quot Waiting for url com quot Now here's the part that really pisses me off when I try to reboot my computer hangs indefinitely and I have to do a 'hard' shutdown by pressing and holding the power button Immediately on reboot it works fine again I know this is a pretty vague start but I need some direction as to what to look for I recently did a very thorough malware virus scan on my computer using several advanced tools Everything is clean This will be hard to trouble shoot because it's so intermittent I'll also be honest that my next door neighbor using a Mac and the same ISP reports similar problems that are usually resolved with a reboot as well Hoping someone can point me at something that will at least get me started in the right direction

A:Internet hangs constantly, requires reboot

Are you using a router? Are you wireless or hard wired? Have you tried resetting your modem and/or router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190956/internet-hangs-constantly-requires-reboot/
Relevancy 59.34%

My name is Jane and I am on a Windows X system and all has been great for a while About days ago I started having the computer freeze up suddenly At first it would recover after a short time but finally it totally crashed the system requiring a reboot to get going again It seems to happen a requires - freezing Computer randomly reboot lot when i right click on something but has also happened when the system was not active once today I was reading some web instructions and suddenly my screen went black and I got a message saying there was no video signal The progress I have seen with this was at first just freezing for a few Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot seconds then for a longer time Then it stopped recovering at all and the screen would black out and I would get the no signal message Now my user account is totally trashed If I try to log in to it I get a black screen the no signal message and have to reboot to get my video back I am using the Admin account to send this and it seems to be ok but I did have one crash from this account earlier too At first I thought it was something in Chrome so I uninstalled it and reinstalled because the crashes seem to always come when I was using Chrome I do not think that fixed it though because it has crashed since then I looked around in safe mode but I really have no idea of what I am looking for Any thoughts suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated

A:Computer freezing randomly - requires reboot

This might or might not help but is worth trying.
In administrator command prompt run sfc /scannow.

Then run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in administrator command prompt & reboot & run sfc again.

Post back with results.

Both commands take a while to finish.
Up to an hour.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29687-computer-freezing-randomly-requires-reboot.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So. at random times my WIFI gets disabled and when I hover over the symbol it says wifi networks available. When I go into the network list it just goes into a loop that never loads the list.

the none of the network list services can be restarted/stopped/started and in device manager I can not disable/uninstall/re-install my wifi adapter.

The only way to re-enable my wifi is to completely restart my computer with a forced shutdown (hold the power button) because normal methods go into loops that never end.
In the past I did fix it for an extended period of time by downloading the most recent .net Framework, this seemed to solve the problem for months until now.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51702-wifi-gets-disables-requires-reboot-enable-again.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Anyone know what may cause this? Right now the computer is set to go into standby mode when I shut the lid, but lately when I reopen it (usually 10-15 minutes later) I just get a black screen and have to reboot.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is changing my hardware acceleration. I was having problems with Microsoft Streets and Trips and their GPS and they told me to turn HA down. Not sure if this is the direct cause.

Anyone have ideas or experience with this? Thanks.

A:Laptop hangs after closing lid; requires reboot

Sounds like your video card is not being reinitialized. This can be caused by several situations:

1) Your AWAKE settings in the BIOS have reverted to OFF - this can happen when the onboard battery goes out. Have you been getting any other strange occurrences lately? Longer boot cycle, additional memory test, etc. . . . .

2) Your power save mode is set to shut the monitor off in standby - check your power settings.

3) When you try to come out of standby-mode, the monitor doesn't get a strong enough signal to activate - try turning off and on the monitor to see if anything happens.

4) You may not be waiting long enough for the standby-mode to reactivate the system. If your power savings settings are set to power down HDD, video, processor, etc., it takes a bit for things to get fully back up and running.

5) Last, but not to be discounted: power supply. Don't know what your hardware configuration looks like, but it could be that the additional PCI card you added put your requirements right to the top of what your PSU can offer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hangs-after-closing-lid-requires-reboot.466312/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone,

Here lately my Windows XP system has been freezing randomly aup to five times a day. It requires a manual reboot with me holding the power button in for 5 seconds.

I use Trend Micro Internet security for spyware, virus protection etc. It has been very reliable the past few years and I rarely have problems with my computer. However, this is one problem that I haven't yet been able to solve.

If there is anyone out there that could assist me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Computer Freeze Requires Manual Reboot

Hi .Error messages in Event Viewer...that are relevant?How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166439/computer-freeze-requires-manual-reboot/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All;

Working on Toshiba Satellite laptop upgraded to Windows 7.

After upgrading to Windows 7 everything worked fine for about 3 months. I had it set to sleep when I close the lid nnd it worked well. But suddenly it began getting pernickity. When I opened the lid, about 15 - 20 seconds later the computer totally froze and I had to reboot. Of course, when reloading I get the message that Windows shut down unexpectedly and a 'solution will be searched' but nothing every happened as far as that goes.

I made a new profile but it did the same thing when working in that.

At approximately the same time as this began, I lost my 'start menu' list, and although I can 'attach items to the list, upon reboot, they disappear. Can the two be related?

Any suggestions for a 'mature' lady who can follow instructions if not too complicated?

Thanks
Singer35

A:Laptop hangs after closing lid; requires reboot

Hello!
When you say 'upgraded' did you install windows 7 on the laptop when, before, the computer had a different version of windows on it?
And what do you mean by a 'new profile'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hangs-after-closing-lid-requires-reboot.1028280/
Relevancy 59.34%

It has become necessary to fix my WiFi connection each time I reboot Vista on my Dell Inspiron 1525.

First, I get a message that my Wi-Fi Catcher band configuration is not compaitble with the WLAN card band configuration. So I select YES to automatically change the band configuration.
Next, I get a message that this is fixed.
The final fix is to use the Diagnose and Repair function from the tray Wi-Fi icon. This fixes the problem until the next boot.
I tried to fix this by restoring to a restore point. The problem seemed to show up after an automatic update.
The restore did not fix the problem.
Anyone with an idea?

Cheers

A:WiFi connection requires repair at each reboot

Hi turbine_guy,

I suggest you to update the wireless drivers, BIOS to the latest version and check if that fixes the issue. You can download the latest drivers from the following link by selecting the Operating System (Windows Vista 32-bit):http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-1525

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499299/wifi-connection-requires-repair-at-each-reboot/
Relevancy 58.91%

I seem to have a couple of common ones; one refers to attempting to write to a read-only memory area. Another talks about a clock interrupt. I stumbled on the jcgriff2 website with diagnostic tools and went through those steps and have three zip files with the results. I also updated drivers using Uniblue, and updated the Award BIOS, ran a memory check, and chkdsk.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Since about Windows 95, I haven't really kept up on the technical side so much.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD and system freezes requiring hard reboot Win7x64

Security software:
Code:
ssscheduler.exe c:\program files (x86)\mcafee security scan\2.0.181\ssscheduler.exe 4064 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 2.0.181.0 249.55 KB (255,536 bytes) 1/15/2010 5:49 AM
sdwinsec.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\sdwinsec.exe 2408 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 1.0.0.12 1.10 MB (1,153,368 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
teatimer.exe c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\teatimer.exe 3904 4 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 1.6.6.32 2.16 MB (2,260,480 bytes) 3/13/2012 8:29 PM
avastui.exe c:\program files\avast software\avast\avastui.exe 2224 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:55 PM 7.0.1426.0 4.05 MB (4,241,512 bytes) 3/26/2012 8:23 PM
mcsacore.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\mcsacore.exe 1832 8 3072 4608 3/26/2012 8:54 PM 3.4.1.118 101.02 KB (103,440 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
saui.exe c:\progra~2\mcafee\sitead~1\saui.exe 3800 8 200 1380 3/26/2012 8:57 PM 3.4.1.195 276.02 KB (282,648 bytes) 2/23/2012 9:52 PM
Remove McAfee items through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
Possible out of date drivers:
Code:
PAEAFLT fffff880`04c44000 fffff880`04c46500 Wed Sep 26 00:32:51 2007 (46f9fd13) 00009ca8 PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC fffff880`05868000 fffff880`058ef000 Thu Jan 03 03:13:47 2008 (477cb55b) 0008cc2c SPC230NC.SYS
PAEAFLT.sys
SPC230NC.SYS

Code:
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\NCostanza\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2_2\032612-21406-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17727.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c07000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4b650
Debug session time: Mon Mar 26 20:53:07.121 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:54.777
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck BE, {fffff8800f2091f0, 137df2121, fffff88007a1f9a0, b}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSnx.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
Probably caused by : luafv.sys ( luafv!LuafvNormalizeNameComponentEx+145 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be)
An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The guilty driver is on the
stack trace (and is typically the current instruction pointer).
When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed on
the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800f2091f0, Virtual address for the attempted write.
Arg2: 0000000137df2121, PTE contents.
Arg3: fffff88007a1f9a0, (reserved)
Arg4: 000000000000000b, (reserved)
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221321-bsod-system-freezes-requiring-hard-reboot-win7x64.html
Relevancy 58.91%

So since last year my computer has random BSOD or Reboots Since it happens every few months I just dealt with it I dealt with the fact that I naturally had a old crap computer I assumed there was no viruses because my AV didn't pick up anything Also used Malwarebytes or something with a similar name since I can't remember off the top of my head By the way a few weeks ago I downloaded XPThemes just to customize my desktop I followed these methods How To Install Ux Theme Multi Patcher - Customize org maybe this could shed some light Then the other day I google imaged a picture of Brock because I wanted to photoshop a quot wanted list quot One of the sites I went to which ironically I used last time because it's the same picture gave me a trojan According to AVG I looked it up and people described an (BSOD, Computer Login, Reboot, Freezes etc.) at Weird Problems identical problem with me which was they googled it My AVG detected and I assumed it removed it so I moved on with my life I also installed a recent Java update to my computer That's when I noticed things were starting to get suspicious My computer were starting to show signs of malfunction When I use Google Chrome I often get crashed from using sites like GameFAQs Weird Computer Problems (BSOD, Reboot, Freezes at Login, etc.) Youtube and Facebook Then my computer would reboot I would also often get rebooted every minutes until I stopped the quot restart on system failure message quot I started to get BSOD Then I took a break from the computer and went on my business I then logged on again then I immediately changed my desktop back to normal Windows themes and then finally got to get some time on the computer At least more than minutes So I tried moving my files then I stopped then I got comfortable and thought maybe I fixed it and went on to my business of using the computer normally I also decided to Quick Scan my PC with the Malwarebytes program and also did a Hijackthis scan and as it finished Computer went back to blue screen quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot or something similar was the code So I restarted it Cooked some dinner then went to the log in screen So when I'm at this point my mouse and keyboard work Then I clicked on my admin user Mouse is still fine But when I enter a single keystroke my keyboard and mouse somehow freeze The screen itself didn't seem like it was freezing because the quot quot in the Text Box where it blinks for you to enter a password is still moving so I'd assume Windows itself is not freezing So right now that's my status I really don't know what to do Safe Mode is not working as it just gives me some scrolling filenames I'm on my laptop right now so I'm able to type this But I don't want to waste money on professional computer service unless I have too I'm a college student on a budget and I'm fresh off paying my fines and books Anyway hope I can get some help and insight on this

A:Weird Computer Problems (BSOD, Reboot, Freezes at Login, etc.)

When booting to Safe Mode, you will get scrolling file names, and eventually it will load Safe Mode, it may take up to 5 minutes.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a BSOD associated with a bad driver. Usually a Video/Display driver or Ethernet Network Adapter. But in your case you are probably infected. After updating your drivers, Head over to the Security Section of this Forum and post there for more help.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-computer-problems-bsod-reboot-freezes-at-login-etc-553209.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I m running windows vista with a modem reboot Internet requires halts, connection Motorola surfboard modem and a cisco lynksis wireless router The internet connection is fine most of the time however about once or twice a day and recently - the internet connection will just randomly stop This seems very strange to me because both my modem and router both display internet connectivity All lights are on on their displays Every device in the room will not have no connection though and the two computers that use the wireless internet will both display quot Local Only quot in the network center Now at first this really frustrated me and I searched everywhere for answers and tried everything I could find on forums like this to try and troubleshoot my issue I finally accepted it and moved on because the ONLY solution is to unplug the modem and plug it back in wait a minute for it to load and then the internet is back Sometimes it seems like to much bandwidth usage will trip it off but at other times I can be on my iPhone doing something simple and it ll kill the internet or it will be dead when I get home from work My only theory which I don t even know if this is possible was that I have too many things going on with my cable outlet A cord exits the hub into a way splicer tvs and the modem Maybe that causes problems Apparently not since a test proved that the problem still exists with only the modem Internet connection halts, requires modem reboot plugged in Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS Hi guys I the to requires program reboot..." "Setup detected that computer has another m really glad I found this forum and hope you can help I was infected with AV Security Suite ran all the recommended programs such as GMER TDDS Killer rkill and malwarebytes and my PC seems to be clean now "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." When I ran Combofix I didn t manage to disable Avast so I decided to uninstall it On re-installing the program I repeatedly encountered the following prompt Setup has detected that another program setup requires the computer to reboot You must reboot the computer before installing avast Once the system reboots you need to restart setup If you decide to continue application may not work correctly Do you want to continue Yes NoOf course I said no each time and I m now wondering what that quot other program setup quot could be I disabled the Windows firewall "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." finished the Windows Update Manager all to no avail An Adobe Acrobat Reader Update icon that appears on my taskbar during startup seems kinda genuine when I move the cursor over it or right click it actually "Setup has detected that another program requires the computer to reboot..." says the name and I can close it so I doubt that s the problem but I m not sure Any idea what that other program setup that requires the computer to reboot could be On the web I found the following help for this problem quot Modifying the Windows Registry quot but I don t want to mess with the registry unless absolutely necessary even though I have done a back-up with ERUNT Method Modify the Windows Registry Click Start click Run type regedit and then click OK Locate and then click the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager In the right pane right-click PendingFileRenameOperations and then click Delete Would you recommend this action Many thanks in advance MichaelEDIT Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum Hamluis UPDATE Problem sorted THANKS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329237/setup-has-detected-that-another-program-requires-the-computer-to-reboot/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently I uninstalled Mcafee Security Suite and put in the ones stated on my computer info file. After that, after about 2-3 hours of Internet use use, all web activity stops from my wifi connection and Firefox says:

"Proxy server is refusing connections"
The settings have not changed (always "direct connection").

In IE, the settings have not changed either, yet it spits out an error message. No program on my computer works, despite still supposedly being connected to the wifi box, until restart, (albeit slower) except for 3dtraceroute, which can still ping Google at 64.233.167.147
. Otherwise, no solution works, including:

Using an IP address
Restarting the browser
Restarting the built-in wifi card
Checking my system for malware
disabling my firewall

I have not tested it on any other connections yet, but other computers do.
What can I do?

Thanks,
Avi L

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys Hoping for crashed, reboot and Random no is required BSOD, freezes screen/sound some help to troubleshoot my newly build desktop Specs accordingly Intel Core Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required i - K - no overclock ASUS X -A - with latest bios x GB Crucial DDR Ballistix MHz DDR XMP Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required PC - EVGA SuperNOVA G PSU EVGA GeForce GTX SSC ACX Windows The computer freezes seemingly at random can be in-game when surfing working in Photoshop or Illustrator or when it just idle with nothing but the desktop open Can t find any apparent patterns doesn t seem to happen more frequently when stress testing or gaming sometimes it can happen just a few minutes after windows starts and sometimes I can game for an hour or two before it happens There is no BSOD the screen just freezes and if any sound is playing it also hangs and becomes a buzzing wining sound Then it stands like this until I reboot after it have happen computer boots and windows starts as normal This happens a lot sometimes - times a hour and is only visible as a quot Critical Kernel-Power quot error in the event logger This is what I have done so far - x fresh windows install with new and latest drivers - replaced the GPU with a ASUS GT - ran Memtest over night passed runs and was on the rd when no errors when I woke up Still the problem persists Only clue I get is that often but not always when this happens F is shown on the motherboard Q-code display which according to ASUS manual is in the interval for quot System Agent DXE Initialization quot Now clue what that mean or if it is related So this leaves the MOBO CPU and PSU I would assume CPU and PSU problems would show itself differently Can it still be software driver related And ideas takes or suggestions How can I troubleshoot this further Running a Samsung SM GB AHCI M PCIe x as bootdrive can this have something to do with it Thanks in advance all help much appreciated nbsp

A:Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required

"Running a Samsung SM951 256GB AHCI M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 as bootdrive...can this have something to do with it?"... Yes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-crashed-no-bsod-screen-sound-freezes-and-reboot-is-required.213207/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys Hoping for some help to troubleshoot my newly build desktop Specs accordingly Intel Core i - K - no overclock ASUS X -A - with latest bios x GB Crucial DDR Ballistix MHz DDR XMP PC - EVGA SuperNOVA G PSU EVGA required is reboot screen/sound BSOD, Random freezes crashed, and no GeForce GTX SSC ACX Windows The computer freezes seemingly at random can be in-game when surfing working in Photoshop or Illustrator or when it just idle with nothing but the desktop open Can't find any apparent patterns doesn't Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required seem to happen more frequently when stress testing or gaming sometimes it can happen just a few minutes after windows starts and sometimes I can game for an hour or two before it happens There is no BSOD the screen just freezes and if any sound is playing it also hangs and becomes a buzzing wining sound Then it stands like this until I reboot after it have happen computer boots and windows starts as normal This happens a lot sometimes - times a hour and is only visible as a Critical Kernel-Power error in the event logger This is what I have done so far - x fresh windows install with new and latest drivers - replaced the GPU with a ASUS GT - ran Memtest over night passed runs and was on the rd with no errors when I woke up Still the problem persists Only clue I get is that often but not always when this happens F is shown on the motherboard Q-code display which according to ASUS manual is in the interval for System Agent DXE Initialization Now clue what that mean or if it is related So this leaves the MOBO CPU and PSU I would assume CPU and PSU problems would show itself differently Can it still be software driver related And ideas takes or suggestions How can I troubleshoot this further Running a Samsung SM GB AHCI M PCIe x as bootdrive can this have something to do with it Thanks in advance all help much appreciated

A:Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required

This motherboard requires memory in pairs.  You cannot install 3 sticks.

Your memory should be installed in slots A1 and D2 this is probably your problem.

See page 23 of your manual for allowed memory configurations.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576589/random-crashed-no-bsod-screensound-freezes-and-reboot-is-required/
Relevancy 58.05%

Just Requires Reboot Hangs Hard System Panel Control as I finished getting my system installed my Control Panel started hanging When I try to open it I can do nothing on the sytem I can not even get to the Task Manager to end task I have to Hard Reboot Control Panel does open in Safe Mode I can not believe Vista is this unstable I have nothing but Microsoft Products installed Of course incompatibilities and embarassing for MS bugs abound it is very disheartening I think I have had to hard reboot this system more in the past weeks then in the last years on w k and xp The system is weeks old There are no prior versions to Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot restore from I have tried refreshing licenses creating a new user Control Panel Hangs System Requires Hard Reboot rebuilding icon cache I have no idea what else to try I would very much like to not have to waste another week rebuilding my brand new Laptop Dell XPS I tried reinstalling from OS That did not work Said 'Checking Configuration' all night Any ideas would be appreciated

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/166913-control-panel-hangs-system-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all,
I'm having Kaspersky Total Security 2016 installed on my computer. I noticed a strange behaviour of my KTS some days ago: It requires reboot computer after update some components, but it's regularly, even daily!. I noticed that it often requires reboot and the afternoon and evening, never facing this problem before. I did a clean install of Windows and a clean install of Kaspersky after that, everything goes flawlessly till some days ago.
Some screenshot:

Does anyone have this problem, too?
Thanks all!

A:Kaspersky 2016 requires reboot after updating daily. Is it normal?

Maxxx58 said:

Hi all,
I'm having Kaspersky Total Security 2016 installed on my computer. I noticed a strange behaviour of my KTS some days ago: It requires reboot computer after update some components, but it's regularly, even daily!. I noticed that it often requires reboot and the afternoon and evening, never facing this problem before. I did a clean install of Windows and a clean install of Kaspersky after that, everything goes flawlessly till some days ago.
Some screenshot:
Does anyone have this problem, too?
Thanks all!Click to expand...

yes i have this problem, but not daily...
i restart my system and problem fixed

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kaspersky-2016-requires-reboot-after-updating-daily-is-it-normal.57538/
Relevancy 58.05%

This has happened to me on many systems in the past with many different configurations Current configuration Windows XP SP updated to current but SP has not been applied Current Directx Current Catalyst Drivers AMD games after working Direct3d and requires reboot system some stops X ATI GB Ram Effectively the problem is that every so often on termination some programs will screw up Directx Typically Direct d functionality is all that is effected though sometimes even directdraw Direct3d stops working after some games and system requires reboot stops working A simple reboot will in all cases fix this problem until the next Direct3d stops working after some games and system requires reboot time however that is both sloppy and annoying What I want to know how to do is fix this without a reboot I m assuming that Directx needs to get reloaded or that some other system service needs to be restarted This is NOT a driver issue or if it is it is one that has been around on many systems for about a years and effects both ATI and nVidia chipsets throughout multiple generations of said cards This problem has been around for a long long time I ve asked about it from time to time to see if someone knew and most people knew nothing about it Anyone have an idea here nbsp

A:Direct3d stops working after some games and system requires reboot

Apply XP SP3... Check your hard drive for corrupted files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/direct3d-stops-working-after-some-games-and-system-requires-reboot.108025/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello

My computer has been randomly freezing over the last month. I would come in the morning and the screens wouldn't wake up from shut down mode (those are my power settings) but it got really bad last week when it happened about 5 times in an hour while I was using skype and while I was trying to move files around. Usually what happens is the whole computer just locks up. Today, I actually got a BSOD with the 116 error code. When I rebooted, it something about a BIOS error and had to rebuild it or something. I didn't write it down but once it was done, I rebooted and got back into windows.

I'm at wits end at this point. The fact it just seems to be escalating in frequency worries me. I haven't added any new hardware in years.

Thanks for much for the help!

A:BSOD code 116, lots of random freezes the require reboot, bios issue?

The ACER PID on your retail Gigabyte motherboard means your OS is counterfeit.
Code:
Host Name: TAMERAX-STUDIO
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: tamerax
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006 ---> ACER PID
Original Install Date: 5/11/2011, 11:38:24 AM
System Boot Time: 8/25/2015, 12:22:16 PM
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P67A-UD3P-B3
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~3392 Mhz
BIOS Version: Award Software International, Inc. F4, 4/13/2011
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave in unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379612-bsod-code-116-lots-random-freezes-require-reboot-bios-issue.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows Explorer freezes and closes and most of the trouble is Firefox, it gives me bad script messages or nothing it just runs slow, freezes and I have to close it. I did all the malware removal steps and logs are attached. Help - Thank you!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/windows-7-and-firefox-freezes-all-my-logs-attached.312361/
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows Explorer freezes and closes and most of the trouble is Firefox, it gives me bad script messages or nothing it just runs slow, freezes and I have to close it. I did all the malware removal steps and logs are attached. Help - Thank you!

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/windows-7-and-firefox-freezes-all-my-logs-attached.312360/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey there kinda new here Anyway Let's get down to business I don't know how to upload anything such as attachments otherwise I'd upload the PCHF results as Reboot Chrome Computer Requires Crashes/Stalls Hard - Google well as the MiniToolBox results Yet here's the speccy results http speccy piriform com results uxPbM rX Rufa ftyeSo So whenever I do anything open try to uninstall etc with google chrom my computer is fine for about three seconds then it stalls for about twenty seconds After this is -seems- fine yet really isn't Upon attempting ot do anything log off open the task manager etc the little spinning circle indicating it is loading pops up then it just outright freezes Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot from anywhere between two to five minutes After that the mouse can be moved the keyboard is not locked up as I can toggle caps lock num lock etc yet because everything else is still locked up I cannot do anything or see anything being typed if it is at all I have run multiple virus scans with Windows Security Essentials full scans I have run startup recovery I have attempted to system restore yet that failed each time My system is absolutely malware free and as of a month or so ago all of my drivers are up to date which I -think- may be part of my problem As I vaguely recall having a similar issue with chrome after updating my video drivers a Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot year or more ago I had to as I recall roll back my drivers to resolve the issue I am hoping I don't have to do that again and I have no idea if it will even solve the issue as I've successfully been using these drivers for well over a month now Once I know how to upload things I'll also upload my MiniToolBox and PCHF results Thanks in advance for your time if you need any additional information please feel free to ask D

A:Google Chrome Crashes/Stalls Computer - Requires Hard Reboot

Can I get some help?  I can't figure out how to upload attachments at all.  I've read your help topic here yet that doesn't help at all, it just tells me how to attach things however the buttons to do so are not at all available in the topic editor.  I've looked over the media library thing and can't upload it there I really have no idea how to include the files for viewing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490712/google-chrome-crashesstalls-computer-requires-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Seven Forums Have a strange to time & hard every USB corrupts file requires external Saving reboot recurring issue and hopefully you guys can help me home in on the problem Not sure it's software over hardware though Situation is - saving a file in Visual Studio to my external hard drive usb exFAT hardware encrypted always causes an AppHang The program stops responding and any other program which tries to access that location on the drive does the same These processes Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time refuse to be killed and the only way out is to hard shut down the computer regular Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time shut down just sits there After doing so chkdsk reveals that the location Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time on the drive has corruption issues which it then fixes and all is fine Until the next time I try to save a file that is Some more information Only started happening about a month ago before that the files saved fine Doesn't happen if I use the drive on another computer running similar Visual Studio Other programs can save the same files fine The problem did once occur with P V but I can't say with certainty that it wasn't due to forgetting to fix with chkdsk following one of the reboots Tried saving files to other USB hard drives FAT and NTFS yet to try another exFAT works fine My initial thought was PSU not being quite up to powering the drive as I was already concerned that the wattage wasn't high enough for the machine Beefier one made no difference though Some googling suggested system file corruption ran System File Checker and there were indeed some corrupted files but have now resolved these and the problem persists Ran Visual Studio with no plugins and reinstalled it issue persists Ran windows in diagnostic startup services etc disabled and the problem is still there Since I can currently reproduce the problem of the time I hope there is some sort of diagnostics I can do to identify what the cause of this is but this isn't really my wheelhouse and googling this particular issue has proven mostly fruitless Hopefully you can help

A:Saving file to external USB requires hard reboot & corrupts every time

If it helps anyone who gets here via google:

It turned out the issue was strongly linked to the drive being exFAT. A USB stick I formatted to exFAT also had the same issues. My conclusion was that it was likely a bug in the latest Visual Studio. Have reformatted my drives to NTFS and all is well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/375713-saving-file-external-usb-requires-hard-reboot-corrupts-every-time.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I keep having problems with programs such as Firefox Blender etc freezing up The mouse will still move everything locks Tons help!! Error Please of Logs, up. but I cannot go to the desktop nothing happens when ctrl alt del ctrl alt exc ctrl shift esc or alt f are pressed Tons of Error Logs, everything locks up. Please help!! Eventually after several minutes either the task manager will come up or the screen will just go black and I have to hard-reset This happened today at about pm Had to hard reset at pm I went to the device manager and this is what I see Running windows update right now I regularly update my Nvidia drivers Firefox updates itself Have run scans with Avast and MBAM and nothing turns up Here is my system information copied from dxdiag Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model NY AA-ABL CQ F BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Enabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model PHILIPS Monitor Id PHL Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI

A:Tons of Error Logs, everything locks up. Please help!!

Just a quick response.  You probably need to boot up from a rescue disk such as Hiren's or Sardu with Ultimate Boot CD and various anti-virus, rootket identifiers, and also anti-virus tools that will pick up zero-access rootkits, malware.  Without this I would recommend going to a computer service technician  who has this ability to thoroughly diagnosis your problem.  You either need to get  into Safe Mode or a bootable rescue dvd so you can run scans without the virus(es) getting in the way. 

Your post tells me this is somewhat new for you and if so you may be "out of your league" in diagnosing and resolving your problems.  This is not a negative statement, just a fact.

I hope this sheds some light on your current situation;

Chuck Devlin

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514065/tons-of-error-logs-everything-locks-up-please-help/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I have win2k SP4 and just put this card in. I downloaded the newest drivers and the card works great in 16 bit color. As soon as I up the resolution in safe mode and restart, the screen goes blank after I log in as admin into windows. There is no caps lock on keyboard. I assume it's frozen since I can't remote desktop or VNC into the box.

Any suggestions?

Otto

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-ati-radeon-9800-pro-freezes-after-windows-logs-on.83231/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently made my first computer build but the windows keeps stop responding(the screen freezes and the mouse does not respond). I know it is not a hardware issue because I have other operating systems install on it and they work fine. Sometimes when it locks up I heard a buzzing sound from my sneakers. It happens every few hours and it is very annoying. I am forced to do a hard reset all the time(no bsod).I did many fresh install but had no luck.

Thanks in advance!

A:freezing( locks up) every few hours, Event ID 41

Welcome to SevenForums.

There seems to be one .dmp dated 10.31.12. Bugcheck and usual causes of the .dmp is below:

Code:
STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM),
Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS
BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffd0, 1, fffff80002ea612c, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AppleCharger.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AppleCharger.sys
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : AppleCharger.sys ( AppleCharger+1a9b )
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. See here for details - GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge. May cause BSOD on Win7 systems - uninstall to test.

Source: Driver Reference Table

The following softwares can contribute in BSOD-s. Suggest you to uninstall them completely (with Free Revo Uninstaller - Advanced mode).

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\GIGABYTE TweakLauncher Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\GIGABYTE TweakLauncher Public

Please uninstall Norton and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Utilities 15 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Utilities 15 Public

Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:-
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Microsoft Security Essentials Download | Free Spyware Protection
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

The latest drivers for NVIDIA are a little problematic as I've heard. Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; NVIDIA Reboot the system. Now delete remnants of its drivers using Driver Fusion/Sweeper. Reboot if required

Download and install the drivers from the link of Filehippo bellow:Download NVIDIA Forceware 306.97 WHQL Vista 64 - FileHippo.com
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Monitor your temps with Speccy during these tests Speccy - System Information - Free Download
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed.Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Hope this helps for now. Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263525-freezing-locks-up-every-few-hours-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone,

I installed Kerio personal firewall on my Win NT, SP6, PIII

After a restart, the computer now methodically freezes at the VERY END of booting. It looks like when this newly installed program starts to load, it freezes the computer.

I tried booting it for the NT Setup floppy disks, through the Repair installation option... it's not finding anything wrong with registry or hard drive, etc.

Is there some kind of a Safe Mode analog for NT, so I can uninstall that program before it begins to load and locks the computer?

Any ideas will be appreciated! I know I can always reinstall the operating system from scratch (and actually I should upgrade to XP too), but is there a less radical way to solve the problem?

Thanks a million!

A:Help! Windows NT freezes after reboot

I take it you've tried "last known good configuration" ?

I've run across this hack, but I'm not sure you can do it at this stage. Even if you boot to the recovery console, I don't think you will be able to access the root drive to edit boot.ini

It's a hidden file anyway and the attribute would have to be removed, eg:

attrib -h c:\boot.ini
edit c:\boot.ini

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/87/
http://www.mydesktophelp.com/tips/misc06.htm

You might try booting in VGA mode, which will get to Windows if the problem is display driver related.

Also it's possible you might be able to edit the boot.ini file using bootcfg

I'm not really familiar with what it can and can't do, but have a gander here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317521
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q291/9/80.ASP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-nt-freezes-after-reboot.317061/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a brand new computer. It came with Win 8.1 and I accepted the Windows 10 free upgrade. Have had this HP computer now for 11 days and it has froze up exactly 4 times. When it freezes I cannot do anything- ctr+alt+delete does not work, and the esc key does not work. I have to unplug the computer for a minute then plug it again and reboot. So far I am not able to decipher what is causing the problem. Everything else is working great. Can anyone tell me how to pinpoint what is causing the freezing?

A:Windows 10 freezes up and I have to reboot

Can be a software or system driver, maybe recently updated. Can you try safe mode and see if it occurs there. Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44530-windows-10-freezes-up-i-have-reboot.html
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

I m on a virus. up, get can't redirect Google locks DDS logs. XPpro SP laptop Got infected by a fake antivirus software Cleaned it with mbam Worked for a day immediately infected by a DIFFERENT fake antivirus software Cleaned it with mbam also I noticed that Google redirect virus. DDS locks up, can't get logs. all my google links were redirecting to fake or attack sites Read the forums downloaded and ran Ccleaner Free Window Registry Repair Downloaded DDS and Combofix Tried to run DDS for the log but it locks up the computer What next MOD EDIT Do this when done I will clean thos a bit boopmeHello try to use OTL instead of DDS Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors This is THE Mirror Save it to your desktop Double click on the icon on your desktop Under the Custom Scan box paste this in netsvcs SYSTEMDRIVE exe md start eventlog dll scecli dll netlogon dll cngaudit dll sceclt dll ntelogon dll logevent dll iaStor sys nvstor sys Google redirect virus. DDS locks up, can't get logs. atapi sys IdeChnDr sys viasraid sys AGP sys vaxscsi sys nvatabus sys viamraid sys nvata sys nvgts sys iastorv sys ViPrt sys eNetHook dll ahcix sys KR N sys md stop systemroot mp s CREATERESTOREPOINT Push the Quick Scan button Two reports will open copy and paste them in a reply here OTL txt lt -- Will be opened Extra txt lt -- Will be minimizedThis is the log after restoring a previous system restore point I m having trouble getting the whole log to paste Sorry for the multiple reply it gives me a connection error when I try to edit the previous post This is the log after restoring a previous system restore point OTL logfile created on PM - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder C Documents and Settings Timothy Putnam DesktopWindows XP Professional Edition Service Pack Version - Type NTWorkstationInternet Explorer Version Locale Country United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File freePaging file location s C pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWS ProgramFiles C Program FilesDrive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Computer Name TPUTNAMLT User Name Timothy Putnam Logged in as Administrator Boot Mode Normal Scan Mode Current user Quick ScanCompany Name Whitelist On Skip Microsoft Files On No Company Name Whitelist On File Age Days Processes SafeList PRC - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- C Documents and Settings Timothy Putnam Desktop OTL exePRC - ---- M Mozilla Corporation -- C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exePRC - ---- M Apple Inc -- C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exePRC - ---- M -- C Documents and Settings Timothy Putnam Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exePRC - ---- M RealNetworks Inc -- C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exePRC - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINDOWS explorer exePRC - ---- M -- C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe Modules SafeList MOD - ---- M OldTimer Tools -- C Documents and Settings Timothy Putnam Desktop OTL exeMOD - ---- M Microsoft Corporation -- C WINDOWS WinSxS x Microsoft Windows Common-Controls b ccf df x-ww e comctl dll Win Services SafeList SRV - ---- M Apple Inc Auto Running -- C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe -- Apple Mobile Device SRV - ---- M Microsoft Corporation Disabled Stopped -- C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe -- WinDefend Driver Services SafeList DRV - ---- M RealNetworks Inc Kernel Auto Running -- C WINDOWS System drivers mcstrm sys -- MCSTRM DRV - ---- M Microsoft Corporation Kernel On Demand Stopped -- C WINDOWS system drivers usbaudio sys -- usbaudio USB Audio Driver WDM DRV - ---- M Texas Instruments Kernel On Demand Running -- C WINDOWS system drivers gtipci sys -- GTIPCI DRV - ---- M Broadcom Corporation Kernel On Demand Running -- C WINDOWS system dri... Read more

A:Google redirect virus. DDS locks up, can't get logs.

Clear your Java Cacheclick on Start-> Control Panel (Classic View)-> Java (looks like a coffee cup)
On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.Next, click on the Delete Files buttonThere are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
Applications and Applets
Trace and Log FilesClick OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.Click OK to leave the Temporary Files WindowClick OK to leave the Java Control Panel.TFC(Temp File Cleaner):Please download TFC to your desktop, Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.Double-click TFC.exe to run the program.If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.Note: Save your work. TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot.: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txtNote: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Eset Online Scanner**Note** You will need to use Internet explorer for this scanGo Eset web page to run an online scannner from ESET. Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scanclick on the ESET Online Scanner buttonTick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
Click StartWhen asked, allow the activex control to install
Click StartMake sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options
Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.Click ScanWait for the scan to finishUse notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\Eset\Eset Online Scanner\log.txtCopy and paste that log as a reply to this topic "information and logs"In your next post I need the following

Log From MBAMLog From ESET Online Scannerlet me know of any problems you may have hadHow is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380622/google-redirect-virus-dds-locks-up-cant-get-logs/
Relevancy 56.33%

Details here http www bleepingcomputer com forums ind p entry Pasting in aforementioned information OBStarted having this problem on Networked SBS ServerWindows XP systems First thing that happened was I was getting prompted by the quot Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications quot to validate Windows but only when logging in in Administrator capacity two Administratorlogins on the PC - Neither up with logs - Login system Locks Administrator works - same effect When logging in Administrator Login Locks system up - with logs asa Administrator Login Locks system up - with logs regular user pc works just fine First I couldn't get past the Notification the install would lock Administrator Login Locks system up - with logs up So I deleted all references to WGA and then the keyboard would lockup when logging in with an Administrator login after having logged in I'd push the Caps Lock key to see at what point the system would lockup It would configure the system Internet Explorer Windows MediaPlayer etc then I'd get an hourglass and the next keystroke I'd geta beep then a lockup Rebooting the system and going into either safe mode or safe mode withnetworking bypassed this problem but I need to be able to login normallyas Administrator to be able to setup a TCP IP printer on these PCs Loggingin as a regular user works fine All this tells me that there's something screwy going on with the Administratorlogins We're running Symantec AV Corporate Edition on the PCs - haven'tchecked the logs yet Tried running Malware - nothing Installed and triedrunning MS Security Tools - nothing Help Thanx End of added information OBProblems resolve if I do a Windows install repair Possibility of a USB drive inection Thanx

A:Administrator Login Locks system up - with logs

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278035/administrator-login-locks-system-up-with-logs/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a customer's machine in Sleep Hibernate from or Locks Resume Event 41 my Resume from Sleep or Hibernate Locks Event 41 possesion He is running Win Home premium on a recently upgraded Toshiba L -S Laptop The machine runs very well until it is brought our of sleep After about - seconds it Resume from Sleep or Hibernate Locks Event 41 will freeze completely Forcing a cold boot after which it will run fine again until sleep is invoked again This is repeatable of the time Event logs show Event ID Kernel Power Critical error I have updated Bios and drivers from Toshiba's web site All to no avail I have search this site somewhat at length many google queries have landed me here in my research to determine what could be causing this Most of the results I have seen involve some type of driver conflict with the sleep suspend wake features My customer has told me do not put Vista back on the machine It would be nice to solve this one however I am stumped at this point This machine was running Vista Home Basic and never had this problem before I can log in from the laptop and provide the minidump if someone thinks that it might help Mike

A:Resume from Sleep or Hibernate Locks Event 41

I actually experience exactly the same on a custom built HTPC with Windows 7 Home Premium. Using DVBViewer as the TV program, the computer resumes from sleep and starts to show the live TV. Then, after 30 seconds to approx. 3 minutes, it freezes and I have to unplug it before I can restart. This also happens when DVBViewer is not running, i.e. it's not the specific program that causes the freeze.

Here the eventlog for the situation:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-11-10T19:36:12.832012900Z" />
<EventRecordID>25969</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>mediapc</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Any idea?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/34909-resume-sleep-hibernate-locks-event-41-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a basic H- w external brick PSU and for whatever reason needs H-500 reboot locks up, it often just locks-up updated to Windows Bluetooth mouse w USB radio monitor and keyboard connected to my wired LAN no WiFi nbsp The computer is left on and the PSU is well ventilated and always cool to the touch There is not much load on it but almost every day it just locks up at random times Either the display is OFF if the display time-out activated or the display is frozen In H-500 locks up, needs reboot this case I can see the time it locked-up so is the keyboard and the mouse The only way out is to reboot the computer nbsp The power brick is connected to a UPS so power drop outs brown outs or surges are handled by the UPS I do live in Florida lightning capital of the USA nbsp The challenge is that I don't see any error messages in the logs anywhere No trace of the event which could point me to a possible source nbsp - I suspect the external brick PSU I don't believe that I can instal an internal PSU as I wonder if the MOBO will accept the connections nbsp - This problem was happening with the previous OS too so it's not OS related nbsp I know that this is a low-end computer but for the application I use it for it was more than enough However I DON'T expect it to lock-up like this nbsp Any suggestions nbsp or do i just chuck this computer in the trash and get a more reliable basic computer from another OEM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H-500-locks-up-needs-reboot/td-p/3364346