Windows Support Forum

Best setup with hardware

Q: Best setup with hardware

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Best setup with hardware

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite with Insyde H2O bios. It says to use F2 for setup and F12 for boot manager.

I've tried all the function keys, as well as esc and del and they only get me to Windows Boot Manager. (This includes F2.)

The machine has Vista that stops loading when it gets to the network drivers. Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause? If I download a new BIOS can I install it from the command prompt?

If the BIOS is still OK are there other ways to get into setup?

(Meanwhile F2 works just fine on my Dell Lattitude)

A:Can't get into BIOS setup utility

Try using a USB keyboard...

"Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause?"

I don't think you would get that far in the boot process if the bios were corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-bios-setup-utility.178271/
Relevancy 24.51%

Motherboard GA-X79-UD3 socket 2011
CPU Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz
PSU 850 watt
ram 16 GB
Hard drive 256 GB ssd
at this time I have GPU is GTX 550tix2

A:Best card for my setup

Budget? What do you want this card for, I,e, gaming, video rendering, etc.? As for "best" there are probably several options open to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-card-for-my-setup.216146/
Relevancy 22.79%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys, while playing DOTA 2 (on lowest settings), I am experiencing the problem that my FPS is down to 30 almost all of the time. This started about a month ago and is really annoying to me, which is why I decided to updgrade my hardware in order to fix this problem. Now I am facing the problem though that I have no idea which parts of my hardware cause the low performance and thus need to be exchanged, some help would be very much appreciated.

I have the Medion Erazer X6817 with the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Some Additional Facts:

I use a LG 24MPHQ Monitor to display the game at 1920x1080 resolution
When playing RAM usage is constantly at about 3,2 GB, CPU Usage pending between 15 and 45
So what part of my notebook do I have to upgrade to improve my FPS?

A:Hardware Upgrade to fix low FPS?

If you can upgrade your RAM to 8 gigs that might help; it seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. Otherwise Dota 2 is not that demanding on hardware.

As one who is experiencing League of Legends disconnects I have found through the help of jobeard and Rage_3K_Moiz that it probably has to do with my internet connection. Here are 2 that I ran (both are safe) to check for Packet Loss:

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-to-fix-low-fps.208832/
Relevancy 22.79%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 24.51%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 23.65%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 24.51%

A few months ago I thought I got a great deal on a Dell Precision T with dual quad GHz processor and MB of RAM The Raid Of Setup Getting Out Need Help upgradable to over MB It also came with GB hard drives but before I figured out that the second drive was just a data recorder set up in a RAID formation in order to safely keep sensitive data safer by duplicating it on a second drive Well the second hard drive went out and I had to re- install Windows on the first drive and I thought everything would be allright but then Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup the first drive went out also I have choices in the bios to change this setup RAID Auto Detect AHCI RAID Autodetect ATA or RAID On Obviously I want the RAID off but it looks like I have to reformat my hard drives to make that happen and I don t know how Can someone please help me fix my computer back to normal With this system I ought to have some serious power put together right I already have an gb new solid state drive but I don t want to mess things up before I put my operating system on the solid state for quick start ups and then add a couple of large hard drives for my large data Also upgrading the video card Can someone help me straighten this mess out because I am afraid I may need a certain format to keep this from happening again and I am in uncharted waters nbsp

A:Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

If u are only going to have one drive for the OS u need the raid turned off. just make sure to install programs on the other D: drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-out-of-the-raid-setup.206492/
Relevancy 23.65%

There use to be an official site where one could buy the Alpha Shield but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what became of this product or if it's useful? I've only heard good things about it.

A:Whatever happened to the Alpha Shield hardware firewall?

Jskid, I just ran across your question (on Oct.28, 2014!) I bought one in 2004...it worked well until three years later when we moved to the Niagara Peninsula, at which time the unit simply cut all access to the Net. A tech tried it, and said "Toss it." A rather expensive lesson.
Brian, sadder/poorer/wiser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whatever-happened-to-the-alpha-shield-hardware-firewall.166371/
Relevancy 23.22%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a 250 GB Samsung Evo SSD 840 for my desktop (850 isn't available in Canada yet). I'm running Windows 7 but am considering upgrading to Windows 8 or Ubuntu (or dualboot/vmware). My work is technical and to keep up with the times I am considering Windows 8, though I don't have a touchscreen. I am not sure the kind of configuration to use and am open to ideas. The current hard drive I have is a slow 1TB one. I was planning on setting up the SSD as a cache.

EDIT: my motherboard is Asus p8z68-v le

A:Setup with 1TB harddrive and fast 250GB SSD

I would not recommend setting up a cache at all with that large capacity SSD. Usually people cache with 64GB SSDs, but in your case, you might as well just migrate data to the SSD and use the HDD for bulk storage (large files).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-with-1tb-harddrive-and-fast-250gb-ssd.204009/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi new to the forum and newbie-level in knowledge with handling for Safety and art junk in storing hardware hardware So sorry for how my questions sound Also I didn t know where else to put this I d just found out that computers have toxic parts and am just wondering I have some old laptops and parts Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art flash drives hard drives etc Are the levels of these metals in a few - flash drives laptops and hard drives high enough to be Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art considered toxic Anything else I should watch out for I want to store a bunch of old computers laptops flash drives and hard drives from old laptops until I get the time to sort them out to resell them but I live in the tropics and don t know how to store them properly Should I be worried about heat And I held and will hold internal parts the internal hard drives taken out of old laptops barehanded--is Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art that okay Or it s not dangerous unless they re broken up Is there a difference between internal hard drives and the internal parts of flash drives I admit I m also thinking of making money off of the laptops flash drives and parts by uh trying art I admit I m not an artist but I m thinking of taking that up as a hobby and yes additional income source in case the reselling doesn t work I know of someone who does something related with internal parts of old computers we re not close so I got the idea there Is this idea viable for me And if it can be done anything I have to watch out for Any precautions I have to take Can I for instance paint on or glue them will the paint or glue affect anything Which parts--the green board the black chips anything else my amateur mind hasn t picked up Drill holes or cut them anything--green board black chips etc via scissors knife to make a picture frame Christmas tree decor or a keychain If I make a keychain for instance will I have to watch what kind of material for the hook I should pick out Is it dangerous if I use a hammer to dismantle a flash drive I don t know how else to pry open the casing Can I do all of this barehanded About heat my only storage option is prone to getting hot I admit I am more worried about say the metal getting hot enough to release fumes and the like than about whether the parts get too damaged to work properly Would heat do that nbsp

A:Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art

I've never heard of this problem, but I suppose if lead-based solder was used, it could give off fumes. I'm not an expert in the field, but I have all kinds of old hardware parts that I've stored, dismantled, used, handled, melted, painted, what have you... never had any issues. Battery packs from laptops might be of concern though. They can fail and vent, resulting in fire or leakage of bad juju. Best toss them or store them properly (this you would have to research).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safety-in-storing-and-handling-hardware-for-junk-art.201627/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello folks. I'm from Brazil. I would like to know if there is a good place to buy Computer parts and Gaming Laptop in Toronto. I'm going to Toronto soon and I'll study English at King George International College (150 Eglinton E. Toronto, ON M4P 1E8). Is there a Computer Store near from KGIC?

Thanks.

A:Where can I buy hardware in Toronto?

You can order parts from Newegg.ca or Amazon.ca and send them to your dorm room. As for hardware stores, I think a store called Frys is big in Canada.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-buy-hardware-in-toronto.192343/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I want to know if Motherboard GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H is suitable with the GPU unit GIGABYTE GV-N65TOC 1GI ??
how to know if that GPU unit will use what kind of PCI port??

thanks guys.

A:Help to match the hardware

Yes it will work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-match-the-hardware.201306/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

A:Please critique my hardware

jeff young said:

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD WriterClick to expand...

Well your first option does not have much information on it so based off the two sets of specs alone I would say go with your second option since your mostly doing editing.

However, what program are you useing for video editing might I ask? If you are using Adobe, I would definitly go with an AMD card since Adobe likes OpenCL and AMD cards are better at OpenCL than Nvidia.

I would say your selections for the second are quite nice, just swap the 660 for something like this and you will be good if your using Adobe.

Also, I would jump your PSU up to a 600 watt if your going with this setup. 500 Would be to close to the bare minimum and for last-ability I would go with a 600 or 650 watt minimum to keep the system open for overclocking and to insure overworking the PSU is not an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-critique-my-hardware.200093/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there Didnt know where to post it so I made it under quot Device Drivers quot Anyway I want help for building my own gaming PC I m going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post So the first thing is how big should be my power supply I know that my CPU should take something about W GPU should take around W Speakers around W I dont know how much will take power the Monitors though but I have in mind FHD or something like that Also can somone make clear to me the diffrence between HDD and SSD If I buy HDD then should I necessarily need SSD If I do then how much SSD should I get Ive seen some PC s on sale which has like TB HDD and GB SSD others have GB SSD Specs GB CRUCIAL RAM MB AMD A SFM MATX A M-E MSI MOTHERBOARD AMD R x GPU AMD Athlon II x Quad core GHz CPU Sharkoon T Value Green CASE Now about the GPU should I take the GB or GB The Hardware questions money difference is few bucks Also which company made GPU should I take MSI SAPPHIRE GIGABYTE XFX POWERCOLOR Some of these are called OC-edition toxic-edition boost-edition BF and so on GIGABYTE GV-R XOC- GD-GA Radeon R X Sharkoon T Value Green Hardware questions THANKS nbsp

A:Hardware questions

Matis said:

Hello there

Didnt know where to post it so I made it under "Device Drivers".

Anyway, I want help for building my own gaming PC. I'm going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post.
THANKSClick to expand...

Hi Matis.
Welcome! And... a couple of pointers...

1) Questions about Builds should go in THIS Forum. Be sure to read the stickies at the top first.
Mailpup (Or another mod) may notice and move your inquiry for you.

2) You generally should post the same question only once and only in one place. Otherwise some of the mods and others tend to get a bit cranky.

3a) You might post an intro, here. Ravisunny2 has taken up the mantle of welcoming newcomers, and offering some helpful links on how to get the most of your Techspot Experience. This is something I used to do, and Kimsland before me. Ravisunny2's post is basically the same as I was welcomed with and which I used to welcome others.

3b) Right now, on this topic, just be a bit patient, and hope that Mailpup notices, and moves your post. Likely will happen within a few days.

4) THEN One or more of those experienced with your particular questions will chime in after it is moved. I have done some recent builds, but I do tend to overbuild. Others will be more inclined to help you squeeze the most bang for the buck. You might review the stickies I mentioned above, and be ready to answer those questions.

I am not going to cross post this answer to your other/duplicate post.
Enjoy your time with us!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-questions.199304/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,

I'm a computer software engineer and have some good skills on that area of computer world. But my knowledge about the hardware of the computer is poor. I guess best thing for start to be familiar with hardware is to knowing the CPUs and Graphic cards and like those. I'd like to entrust it to you to suggest me a good reference (such as a free ebook) for being familiar with computer hardware

A:How to become a computer hardware expert/technician?

If you want to become accustomed to the terms and such, I recommend you visit our forum often and check out some of our responses to hardware questions . Here are some good books: One, Two, three.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-become-a-computer-hardware-expert-technician.198211/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

A:3 monitor setup

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-monitor-setup.196949/
Relevancy 24.08%

Well, many of you may already be aware of this, but intel has built a backdoor into every vpro processor since ivy bridge and the possibilities can be both useful(fixing tech problems remotely)and sickening(feds framing you with files of incrimination by adding them to your hard drive while off)or maybe(a hacker takes over your computer) and of course industrial sabotage . If you care for personal privacy then you might want to read up. http://www.prisonplanet.com/secret-3g-intel-chip-gives-snoops-backdoor-pc-access.html ​

A:Intel hardware backdoor

Does this only apply to the vpro enterprise processors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-hardware-backdoor.196671/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today I boot my 1 year old computer this message appears:

"Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting

Press F1 to run SETUP"

I did the F1 thing, reloaded my OC profile and everything seems fine right now. Anyone knows why this happened? And above all: what are the chances of this happening again on my next cold boot? How to fix?

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 (LGA1155) 28 °C
Graphics
E2250 ([email protected])
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Gigabyte) 30 °C
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Elitegroup) 28 °C
ForceWare version: 326.80
SLI Disabled
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST310005 24AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12LS29 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

A:Press F1 to run SETUP

It could be possible your cmos battery is bad. Beings its a year old. I would think this would not be the case. But you never know how long the manufacter had the battery. Before installing the battery on your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/press-f1-to-run-setup.196470/
Relevancy 24.08%

Greetings you lovely bunch I am in the process of building myself a new funmachine Unfortunately I have stalled at the sound setup Through extensive research I have established that the following criteria are the most recommendable in order to achieve the best overall sound experience Avoid headsets headphones with microphones Avoid wireless Avoid USB Only stereo headphones I e one speaker per spectacular setup Seeking sound ear Open cup for sound quality I sit in a quiet environment The machine will be used mainly for entertainment purposes being gaming video watching and music listening in order of importance I do not consider myself an audiophile per se I do however value a great atmospheric feeling Seeking spectacular sound setup accurate D positioning and comfort I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H motherboard Will its onboard sound Realtek ALC cover my wishes when paired Seeking spectacular sound setup with some good headphones or should I get a soundcard And what about an amplifier a DAC etc Originally I considered getting the Sennheiser HD as it has garnered much critical acclaim Unfortunately momomo wasn t impressed with its sound stage Despite my highest efforts this leaves me fairly puzzled and in need of your kind help Which sound setup compliments my computer experience the most without being overkill I have a generous budget All response is of course greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Seeking spectacular sound setup

"I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Will its onboard sound (Realtek ALC898) cover my wishes when paired with some good headphones ? or should I get a soundcard? And what about an amplifier, a DAC etc.?" You won't need a sound card, just headphones or a low cost wired 2 speaker+ powered subwoofer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-spectacular-sound-setup.194793/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

A:Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 24.51%

Watercooling kit Hardware Help CPU Hey guys evening morning afternoon So I have ordered up k asus hero vengeance pro x GB and Corsair ax and are in need of a WC components for the CPU cooling thermal paste suggestions and whether CLU is worth it tips id appreciate as well So far for the Waterblock I am sticking with XSPC Raystorm which il (CPU) kit Watercooling hardware help get red leds for at some later stage For RAD I need a slim for Cosmos top In terms of a reservoir I am going with a cylinder type something along the lines of this When it comes to tubing black and no restrictions on flex or thickness as long as it all fits within the other components of course Rest of the parts such as the pumps and fittings I have no idea about If you guys could recommend me some rads pumps fittings and anything else I might need id greatly appreciate that Iv never WCooled before and with k getting Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) rather hot for Ghz id love to get into WCling ASAP My price range is under the cheaper the better but best Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) possible Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) temps for a good price Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU)

Send a pm to red1776. His setup is more extensive than my own. I'll probably only be chiming on every so often as while I have built my own WC'ing system I haven't built many

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-kit-hardware-help-cpu.194730/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello All I have decided on the following Cooler Master Eisberg L Prestige Alphacool NexXxoS XT Radiator mm And I m deciding on a GPU block at a later date when the new Nvidia cards come out I Setup together Linking Watercooling help was hoping to set it up Watercooling Setup Linking together help as Pump Reservoir is built onto the CPU block which makes this all very easy supposed to anyway and is upgradable so you can add an extra few items to the loop I was hoping to mount the mm radiator it comes with to the top of my case and the extra mm radiator to the back of my case I was hoping having the mm radiator cool the water before it entered the graphics card block would help yield better results and thus the fans can run at a slower speed I m not trying to break any records and certainly don t plan on overclocking a whole much I just find water cooling much quieter in general compared to a multi-fan heatsink and a load of case fans plus the fans on the GPU My question is can this be done I m rubbish at checking the tubing sizes and what I need to actually connect it all up preferably white hose Any advise would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Watercooling Setup Linking together help

Unless getting this kit for the same amount of money would be better?

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LTST-Full-Kit_30211.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-setup-linking-together-help.192663/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all I am going to be buying new HDD s and would setup Raid0 New Here, like to setup a raid on them using New Here, Raid0 setup windows bit I also would like to install a rd SSD for Ubuntu type drive in my optical bay I have no clue as to the proper order for this operation optical replacement first or raid setup first I am not totally new to computers but I have mainly worked with desktops before I do understand my laptop though as I have opened it up for HDD and RAM upgrades and the Optical bay looks pretty simple with only a few screws to remove I need step by step instructions for the raid setup and where to get the drivers for it if windows bit DVD does not have them already The installation of the SSD into the optical bay is no problem nor is installation of the dual Hybrid drives I ll be getting so it s mostly the software setup of things for the raid I was going to enter some links to the gear I would like to get but this site gave me some BS about Kismet So I will leave them out for now Let me know if you need to know the gear to help me here For now my system is the G sx If there is a better bay replacement HDD or SSD that you know and has awesome reviews please let me know I like to buy things on Amazon for the most part as the return process has been excellent for other things before just in case I should point out also that this rig will be gaming mostly with the ssd ubuntu setup for everything else and to play around with Linux for fun Thanks Ahead nbsp

A:New Here, Raid0 setup

HALT, STOP, DESIST;

Rule 1:- never use raid-x for a BOOT device.

Rule 2:- don't assume that Raid-0 is "faster" or that Raid-1 "doesn't require backup"

Rule 3:- Raid is a Server feature, not intended for the home user.

Now then, go read all you can about Raid before you spend $0.10 more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-here-raid0-setup.192766/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi I m setting up my PC amp stuck between set of options Both of the setups fits within Rs - which is my budget I will be gaming mostly and no multitasking only single threaded applications I want the best cpu clock speed amp overall graphics possible and also which will serve me good for atleast to years My options are AMD FX- MSI A-G AMD Motherboard AMD ATI HD GB GDDR AMD A - K ASUS F A -M-PRO Motherboard ASUS AMD ATI HD GB GDDR CrossFire-ed with the APU help PC Setup Graphics I don t know whether the MSI mobo I mentioned in the st option is the best but it is surely PC Setup help one of the cheapest If there are any other good amp cheap am mobo and or any gfx card that fits in the budget please mention Also if you think that any other combo of these three viz CPU GPU amp Mobo suits my requirements amp budget better PC Setup help please suggest Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-setup-help.192000/
Relevancy 23.22%

Our internet goes from:

Comcast modem to a
Dlink DIR-655
To computers or through a switchbox to other parts of the house
In the basement, is another switch box, and off that switchbox is,
Belkin 85c Wireless router, that we use as an access point
Works well but it says it has the ability to have a guest login, that will allow visitors to get to the internet, but are blocked from our LAN.

I've spent hours trying to set the guest login up, the access point can be seen by a computer/etc, but when they connect, they cannot get to the internet.

the windows 7 computers try to set up an unidentified public network.

I'm sure there is something very simple I am missing, but I've got close to 20 hours invested in it, and need to protect my network.

the Windows 7 notebook said that it could not connect with a "homegroup".

A:Belkin 85c wireless router, used as an access point. Guest setup?

Hmm; I cant find "Belkin 85c Wireless router" on the Belkin Support site - -
Are you sure of that make/model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-85c-wireless-router-used-as-an-access-point-guest-setup.190913/
Relevancy 24.08%

I think its the program that started up automatically one day shortly after I got this W7 on 12/23/12. Like most pop ups, I quickly X'd out of it not knowing what it was.
The second time it happened, I let it go & it showed 100% ok. I think that was in January & I haven't seen it pop up since but if it has & it finished & disappeared on its own,ok.
Anyhow, I think I relocated it manually & Alerts was blinking. I clicked on it & saw this.

I think the Freedom Scientific Mirror thing is the program the original owner asked me for & I asked in here. I can't fing the thread thou.
The "Unknown Device" is just that, unknown.
Any suggestions? Or just leave it alone?

A:Hardware diagnostics tools

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-diagnostics-tools.190725/
Relevancy 24.51%

Purchased a Epson WF-3540 printer for home use. Cannot get my computer to detect the printer on wireless network during software setup. Here is what I have:

1. Computer detects printer with usb cable connected and prints perfectly.
2. Printer detects wireless network and has 3 green bars.
3. Printer passed all its internal network connection checks and everything seems OK on the network status printout.

Installed software on my laptop and it too could not detect the printer on wireless network.

So I'm able to set the printer on my wireless network but can't the computer to detect or recognize it. Any suggestions?

A:Wireless setup

Make sure you connect with ONE or the OTHER but never both.
I suspect you would rather have the wireless connection, so go to devices & printers and delete the USB connected device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-setup.187949/
Relevancy 24.51%

So my current pc is socket 478 im planning to upgrade to a socket 1155 I was wondering will the hard drive ect work from the 478 to the 1155 socket

to know I still have until like what next june to build this pc should I still buy an Ivy or go for a haswell even tho im on a 700 euro budget which you can cut 200 Euros alrdy from the radeon 7850 or maybe the next series? if there will be

A:Motherboard + PC hardware

Tbh I built a pc from a famous electronics shop
Note it was Just a Mix and Match to see how much the whole system would cost me and it seems that it would fit my budget
were I live and an intel i5-3570k with full manufacturing case optical drive/sound card/hard drive/motherboard/ costed me about 625 euros with vat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-pc-hardware.187586/
Relevancy 24.08%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I have a Coolermaster setup the suggestions Fan 922 for HAF HAF case and my computer specs are as follows Asrock N C-S mobo AMD Athlon II X Arctic Cooling Freezer pro GB x GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB GPU Coolermaster GX w PSU Running Win Ultimate I also have x HDD s in the case soon to be x HDD s and an SSD Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922 for the OS when I get time to install it Anyway that s the spec The case had two stock fans- front mm x mm and rear mm x mm The rear case fan wasn t very quiet however so I went ahead and purchased a Sharkoon silent eagle mm This isn t actually as silent as its name suggests but it does seem to create better airflow and it has reduced noise levels slightly What I d like help with is finding an ideal fan setup for my case which will keep it as quiet as possible but also keep it cool I use the computer for gaming using resource-hungry programs like the Adobe suite I know there s going to need to be a compromise and I m fine with that but I think I d prefer it to be more geared towards the silent side rather than performance My questions are Do I need a side or top fan If so what sizes do I need and should they blow air in to the case or suck it out Should the rear fan be sucking air into the case or blowing it out Can I replace the fan on the Arctic Cooling Freezer to a Sharkoon because the freezer fan is the noisiest of the lot What is the actual size of the front case fan I d like to replace this as this isn t very quiet either I m open to any suggestions as I am clueless when it comes to building computers I just know how to use them Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Lol, lovely username Tom.

I don't think you're going to get the case as quiet as I know you'd like, but as I've said before, maybe your best option is a fan controller, so you can turn down the noise when your working and then increase the fans for when your gaming to provide additional cooling performance.

If a controller isn't an option, I'd probably pip for Noctua NF-S12B FLX Ultra Quiet 120mm fans (one in top, one in side and one in the rear -- all as exhaust) as 60CFM @ 18dB is about the best you'll get for "silent" fans. Not cheap though, but will last years and years.

Combined with the intake fan at the front of the case and the other three all running as exhaust will cause the case to run negative air pressure, which is exactly how I ran my HAF 912+ -- The downside is the case will get dusty inside faster, but it will suck out heat much faster and run the computer cooler in my experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-setup-suggestions-for-the-haf-922.186550/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey Guys,

I recently got a new laptop with two drives, my 120GB SSD which I boot from, and a 750GB HDD.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to keep crap that I don't want off my SSD as I would like to actually be able to install a few programs on it. I have tried going into the registry and changing "ProgramFilesDir", "ProgramFilesDir (x86)", ProgramW6432Dir", "CommonFilesDir", "CommonFilesDir (x86)", and "CommonW6432Dir" to my HDD with limited success - I cant remember if I rebooted before I tested it out, but I believe I did.

At anyrate, if you have and tips/suggestions for managing my files with multiple drives I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

Matt

A:Multi-drive setup

The single best thing you can do is map the "home" folders over to the mechanical disk. A SSD with 120GB is more than enough for the OS and pretty much all applications, as I currently use a 64GB SSD to do the same thing.

What you want to do is click start, then go to your "home" folder, and you'll see this:

All of your folders can be mapped to another disk, stopping files from building up on your SSD. To change the location of the folder, select a folder, then click the right mouse button, and choose properties.

Click the location tab, and then click move, and select the new location (create the folder on your mechanical disk with the same name e.g. my example is "Desktop," and I have it located on my 2TB mechanical disk.

Here is the folder I've created on my larger disk:

Select the folder, and press "select folder", then click apply, and "yes" when asked if you'd like to move the files in the existing folder to the new location. Repeat for all of your "home" folders.

In future all files will build up in the "home" folders on your mechanical disk, not your SSD.

I have several Adobe CS6 titles, as well as Office 2013, and around 50 other applications all installed on my SSD along with Windows 7 Pro, and I've still got 14.4GB free, so you should have considerably more free space on yours.

Installing applications on the SSD means they can use the increased performance it offers. However, there is little point installing games on the SSD, as the difference it makes is minimal, as the only time it "feels" faster is when loading maps or between turns. Games also use considerably more space than most applications do, so its not a very cost-effective way of utilising the SSD's limited storage.

You can install applications to another disk by changing the install location during setup. I'd advise you either create a separate partition for them if you intend to do so, but also keep to the same format (e.g. create a Program Files and Program Files X86 folders, and install them as required inside there.

As you'll see from the "my computer" image above, I have my games on a separate partition, and data on another (both make up a 1TB disk) which I use as a second location should I need to install storage heavy applications.

It is not recommended to make registry changes or to manually drag and drop "Program File" folders onto the mechanical disk as it can cause all manner of problems. If you want to move them, I recommend you first uninstall the application, then re-install it in the new location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-drive-setup.184798/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok so as stated above I am new to this. I have installed memory before but that is it. I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my computer. Because I hear a integrated graphics card is not so good. But I am unsure what I am able to install! Please help me out.

My model copmuter from the manufacturers website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N66

A:Newcomer to installing hardware

Integrated graphics...good or bad...depends on what you plan on doing. If you can post your budget, games/software you plan on running then I'm sure someone will be able to find what you need.

I see that your computer has a 300W PSU, depends on the graphics card, you might need to upgrade that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newcomer-to-installing-hardware.184563/
Relevancy 24.51%

im trying to put together a pc from parts I already own, how ever I have problems with understanding compatbility with hardware. perhaps if someone has the time they might be able to help me?

I have an antec nsk4400 case what type of mother board can I use with this
also I have a pair of 1gig (2gigs total) ram that is PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs I would like to add another pair of 2gig PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs for a total of 6gigs so im assuming the mother board has to have 4 slots for ram and also support PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs
I was hoping to find a compatible setup using these components and also would like to add a processor with built in graphics how hard is this to accomplish? if it helps my main goal is to have a decent gaming pc that can run gw2 and league of legends with ease.

A:Barebone setup

also these are the system requirements for both games thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me out

LOL
Minimum System Requirements:
?2 GHz processor
?1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
?2 GB available hard disk space
?Shader version 2.0 capable video card
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
?Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
?3 GHz processor
?2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
?6 GB available hard disk space
?GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
?Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
?The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

GW2
Minimum System Requirements Announced
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core? 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon? 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-setup.184510/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello helpful people of TechSpot I m creating this thread because my graphics card is reoccurring problem This problem occurs on multiple occasions I am sure loading a game Civilization V Starcraft is causing this to occur but in the past I think Video error hardware running multiple applications web browser music application games has also had the same effect This error isn t constant I have had multiple occasions where I can load multiple apps or a game as mentioned and have no video hardware error at all The only other thing I can report is before I installed my new graphics cards see specs below I had another card that I swapped out The software is still installed but I figure that doesn t effect my current graphics card I have installed the software for my new graphics card using the CD software but I fear something may have gone awry My specs are Graphics Card ASUS HD -DC TG- GD -V Radeon HD GHz Edition Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA Intel Z Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz Here is a log of my most recent hardware error Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA Video hardware error BDF E BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Video hardware error Product I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to fix this reoccurring problem In addition a less significant question Am I able to uninstall past video card software I am wondering this because I have gotten rid of my older graphics card as mentioned above and I would like to uninstall the software because I no longer need it Thanks a ton nbsp

A:Video hardware error

Are you saying you left the software for the other Video card install.. This would mean the drivers to. If this is the case. and I am understanding you right. If so this may very well be your problem. I would uninstall the software for the old video cards software and drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-hardware-error.184185/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello, I am looking for some help with a few questions.

my first question is: my mother board is a IPIBL-LB (Benicia), I am using a geforce 8400gts, and I have a 300 watt psu. does anyone see a problem with this? I am not meaning to joke or anything, I recently took a look at the power requirements of the graphics card and saw that I come 50 watts short. any help would be great.

the second question I have is: with the aforementioned motherboard I am looking to run a geforce gtx 285. are these compatible??? if so could anyone recommend an adequate psu that would give enough juice

any help would be great, please forgiveme as I am not tech savvy.

thanks, fghrt

A:Help with PC hardware

It might be okay, but it depends on the amperage available on the 12v rails more than the wattage really. If it runs okay, then you could continue to use it, but I would personally recommend you consider an upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-pc-hardware.183068/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I purchased my computer a few months ago and have upgrades it twice hardware, FPS Good low with a new video card and power supply everything runs amazing Skyrim Battlefield Max Payne L A Noire Rage Witcher Mass Effect Crysis Civ Arkham City and more ALL FPS at a beautiful x yet darkness Good hardware, low FPS warhammer space marine Deus ex human revolution and saints row the third all hover at about fps no matter the settings just really frustrating that my gaming pc I have al least into already cant run a few less hardware intensive games I have all current drivers installed so I m literally at wits end here Here are my specs Mainboard Gigabyte M MT-S Chipset Family h Processor HyperTransport Configuration Processor AMD FX MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Disk Seagate ST DM - BC SCSI Disk Device GB DVD-Rom Drive ATAPI iHAS B DVD-Rom Drive JKHSL TMNKLM XAZ Monitor Type E VL - inches Network Card NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition Media Center Service Pack -bit DirectX Version Windows Performance Index on Power Supply Thermaltake w Black Widow nbsp

A:Good hardware, low FPS

Please can anyone help? I don't mind spending the money to upgrade my hard drive if that's the problem, 500GB isn't enough for me anyway cause I'm thinking it's a memory problem but I don't know for sure, can't find much info on this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-hardware-low-fps.182661/
Relevancy 21.07%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys, im building my new computer and im wondering what is the best 120gb and 60gb ssd today, i look in the ocz vertex 3 and i liked him.What u think?And what u think is the best 500gb hdd sata 6gb

A:New storage hardware

OCZ makes some really great SSDs. I just installed a OCZ RevoDrive PCIe SSD, it friggin' screams!! http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-revodrive-x2-pci-express-ssd.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-storage-hardware.180515/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi im buying a new mobo , a x79 prob a saberthooth or a rampage formula, I want to know if either of this mobos have wireless or I need to buy a wireless card? if I need to buy do u recomend some?
thx for the help

A:Wireless hardware

I, personally, wouldn't buy a motherboard with built-in wireless. Prefer to have a separate card for upgrade purposes. To answer your question on recommended card, depends on what router you have - G, N, dual-band? If dual band, 300+300, 300+450 or 450+450?

I, typically, trust Linksys hardware, but lately had some good luck with Netgear USB network adapters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-hardware.180534/
Relevancy 24.08%

hey guys i just want to know if i buy a USA mobo and a Korean GPU they will work as they supose to?

A:Different countries, same hardware compatibility?

Of course. As long as the GPU understands english. LOL. Just kidding.
Hardware doesn't understand human speech of any form.
So, yes, they will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-countries-same-hardware-compatibility.180350/
Relevancy 24.08%

My current video card in my desktop computer is apparently dying I could be wrong but I just haven t been able to figure out what else the problem could be I deleted all drivers and started future buy video card for to and current What setup both over The drivers I had previously were the most current apparently but I reinstalled from a new download I also deleted all Flash and started over and same with Java My display crashes constantly in Firefox and almost always when I try to play a video online Sometimes even when I click on something anything in Firefox bam The screen goes black and the computer is still running IE is not even usable anymore So What video card to buy for both current and future setup I reboot and start over with every crash This has been going on for a couple months I am going to be upgrading almost everything soon I like my old roomy Chieftek Dragon case with lots of fans so I may be able to keep that Below is what I currently have I realize that a video card that will be great for my coming system will not function to its fullest on my current system but if it s just an improvement for now that s fine I don t want to have to buy one now and one later Current system Motherboard - Gigabyte P Titan GA- S FX-L Graphic interface - AGP X X b Current video card - VisionTek ATI Radeon HD put in Memory - GB maxed out Crucial CPU - P CPU Speed - Ghz Power Supply Make Model - Antec Neo HE Watt output Amperage - w ATX V OS - XP Pro up to date Future Intel Core i Ghz already have this and GB RAM What video cards do you recommend for my situation I use this desktop computer mostly as the hub in the home network for graphics photography running Adobe graphics software web design writing and communications home office and general use My laptop is my music recording computer Thanks so much I hope to solve this very quickly nbsp

A:What video card to buy for both current and future setup

Current and Future!

There is no such card.

You currently have an AGP interface and I'm willing to bet your future motherboard will be PCIe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-card-to-buy-for-both-current-and-future-setup.179893/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello friends My sparable savings now sum up to and it s about time I need an upgrade I know this is a really tight budget but it s the best I Hardware RAM GPU upgrade needed for or opinion could muster up for this seemingly urgent upgrade My Current Rig Only parts concerning upgrade are mentioned ASRock N -S AM AM Socket DDR - MHz GB Max Dual Channel Nvidia GeForce Integrated Graphics nForce a PCI-e x Support Single Slot Here s a link for more details www asrock com mb overview asp model n -s AMD Sempron GHz x Single Core nm Max OC GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Here s a link for more details http products amd com pages Deskt amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f Kingmax Semiconductor DDR - MHz GB occupies one slot Western Digital Caviar Blue GB SATAII My Usage Moderate gaming Counter-Strike Source Halo Fable Transformers Mortal Combat V etc I ll get Crysis and BF soon Compression decompression hash tables etc Immediate Plans To install Windows Ultimate -bit I have already prepare all the necessary drivers and programs I just need to make sure all my games are working perfectly stable and Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU equally fast if not a bit superior to -bit I dont t want to end up downloading the -bit versions for all if any of the games and I doubt they will be available anyway The Dilemma As you may have already noticed I have a very entry level rig for my usage In the pursuit of performance I stumbled upon overclocking but I m afraid I have hit the hypothetical quot wall quot I realize that whatever I do and upgrade was imminent So after saving up for a long time I now have just enough money for either a RAM or a GPU I may loosen up the budget a bit if the deal is satisfying enough But the dilemma is which is the more worthy and possibly quot future-safe quot by my position investment that I should make Replacing the mobo is out of the question because that ll mean I ll have to replace qiute a few things The Candidates RAM Most likely A twin of my current Kingmax Semiconductor DDR MHz GB will occupy the second slot on the mobo GPU A little less likely i Radeon HD ii Radeon HD iii Radeon HD iv Radeon HD v Any Nvidia below Any one of these the most affordable one will take over the responsibility from the soon-to-retire Nvidia GeForce CPU least likely Either an Athlon II of Phenom II Let s see After years maybe Haha SSD The price tags made me giddy Sometime later maybe Motherboard Out of the question Years later Or until it s fried Summary Will upgrading RAM give a better performance boost for -bit or should I go for GPU I ll upgrade my CPU later most likely on an exchange offer Reduce Reuse Recycle I ll need an SSD in some time so maybe I ll get it before the CPU Any major upgrades Mobo CPU will be done no sooner than years from the time of writing this thread Thank you in advance for your time and effort Any help is truly appreciated Marnomancer nbsp

A:Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU

Looking at your current rig, you definitely need the best DX11 video card you can afford to ditch the on-board video. You could probably get by with 4GB of RAM for the 64-bit OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-opinion-needed-for-ram-or-gpu.178047/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 24.51%

guys my board only supports xfire and I'm currently sporting a gtx 460 I want to go with a xfire setup and have been offered a hf 4890 or I could sell the card and spend £40 more on a hd5770 any ideas as the performance seams pretty similar on both cards

A:I want to go with a Crossfire setup

How important is DX11 to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-go-with-a-crossfire-setup.177806/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Guyz,
I have Toshiba Satellite C660-195 with Celeron Dual Core CPU T3500 @ 2.1 Ghz and 4GB ram. I want to upgrade my CPU for a better speed and performance (not videos and games!! ) because usually i have to run many virtual machines and heavy softwares. Are there any suggestions? would it be compatible with Corei 7 or something ? Is this possible anywayz?

A:Toshiba Satellite hardware upgrade

Most likely not, and it certainly won't work with the new generation (i5/i7) CPUs. If you're running VMs all the time I'd recommend replacing it with a laptop that has a 4 core, 4 thread (8 in total) CPU with lots of RAM (6GB+).

You current CPU is far from ideal for running VMs, given its lower performance characteristics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-hardware-upgrade.177064/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys. I recently installed my first liquid cooling system. It is currently cooling just the CPU, but I am upgrading so I can liquid cool my two GTX 460s as well. My question is, how? Do I split the incoming water three ways and send one tube to each component (CPU, 460, 460). Or do I go through the CPU, out to the first 460, out to the second 460, to the pump/reservoir, back to the CPU. I ask because I figured the water would be hot coming out of the CPU and it wouldn't make sense to go directly to other parts that need to be cooled. On the other hand, splitting the water 3 ways seems like it would weaken the flow enough that all three parts wouldn't be cooled ver well. So neither system seems quite right. Am I missing something?

A:Help with new water-cooling setup

Don't split the flow three ways, keep it going from one waterblock to the next. If you're concerned about it getting too hot on the CPU, then flowing to the video cards, I'd suggest throwing a second radiator inbetween, usually just a single 120mm, then a 240mm or bigger as the flow leaves the video cards. Another option is to create a second loop, with it's own individual reservoir, pump, and radiator, but that adds more expense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-water-cooling-setup.175704/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

A:Compatible graphics hardware not found

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the GeForce GT525M card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-graphics-hardware-not-found.176808/
Relevancy 24.08%

I checked my computer specs these are the things that I saw ASUS P VD -VM SE mobo W A PSU lt - I think Processor ideas on any card Help (I my hardware) don't with have graphics Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM lt -- I only have mb of ddr ram atm I dont have any gfx card I use the built-in one Im thinking of upgrading my pc by buying a gb ram and a gfx card to let me play my games The game I want to play is quot Heroes of Newerth quot quot SkyRim quot Call Of Duty games I dont care if i could only play in medium resolution as long as is smooth and nver gets lag I would like to know what video cards are compatible with my mobo please explain it to me thoroughly so I could understand I dont have that much money so a average card will do Another thing If I were to Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) change my Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) mobo and processor Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) can I also use the RAM and gfx card that I bought How is that possible Are motherboards have similar sizes because I think my casing will be a problem HELP pls nbsp

A:Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware)

I think you're going to be bottlenecked by your CPU, RAM and PSU. If you bought 4GB of RAM (which is very cheap nowadays), a decent 500W PSU and a Radeon 6770 I think you can game on medium settings for those games.

Your mobo has a PCI-E x16 slot so all modern graphics cards will be compatible. However check to see how much space is in your case because some graphics cards are very long.

If you decide to upgrade your CPU, you will need to change the motherboard and RAM unless you get a Core 2 Duo/Quad processor, in which case you can use your existing mobo and RAM. Graphics cards are compatible either way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-graphics-card-i-dont-have-any-ideas-on-hardware.176008/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, my gateway laptop has recently starting to get 8 beeps. The pattern for these beeps are 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps. Some googling points to a possible hardware or bios issue. The problem is i cannot find a solution and i cannot send my laptop to gateway because i need this laptop for school. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

A:Gateway 8 beeps BIOS/hardware problem?

Beep Codes
As you suspect, not good news to have a beep notice of failure? but you have to talk to Gateway tech support, if you can find them. Often it is a partial system board failure caused by overheating or curling of the board. This may or may not be helpful here. We have well over 277 beep codes in the our tech lab database.

As you probably know, every time a computer is switched on it performs a short diagnostic routine known as the POST, or Power On Self Test. The POST is a small program contained in the BIOS. It checks that basic hardware is present and performs a rudimentary memory test. The POST announces the results of its routine both audibly (a series of beeps on the PC speaker) and visually (displaying a brief summary or codes on the screen).

The audible method is essential since a fault may exist with the graphics card or monitor. If all is well, the computer typically emits a single beep and carries on booting. The number and duration of the beeps is intended as a coded message and understanding them will allow you to diagnose any problems the computer may have.

The codes vary according to the manufacturer of the BIOS and the build year of the computer.. Here are some of the more common codes for two beeps we have on our list. Unfortunately, not of them are specifically listed for a Gateway laptop.: To save space they are grouped together. Remember it all depends on the BIOS and the build. Each line is a separate code, and may be from any manufacturer... I give them here as examples.

two short Parity circuit failure
two short Any non-fatal error
two short = Configuration Error (displayed on screen)
repeating two short Power Supply or System Board failure
continuous twos Supply or System Board / Keyboard stuck
one long, one short System Board failure that is preventing full normal operation
one, two, two DMA Initialization failure
one, two, three DMA Page Register Read/Write failure
two (followed by various combinations)
(First 64K RAM Chip/Data Line failure (combinations
indicate which bit)
two or four Unexpected Interrupt in Protected Mode
(tone) one, one or two System Board

For even more beep codes, take a look HERE.

Good luck.

You might want to have a first class tech take a look...

If it is a Gateway M6750 model, it could mean the motherboard is going, and it will go soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-8-beeps-bios-hardware-problem.175957/
Relevancy 24.51%

Guys Having an issue with setting up a new router on my PC I simply cannot get onto directly from my PC to configure the router I m running XP Pro and router setup with Problem I currently use the Huawei E dongle for internet access I purchased the Sapido GR- router which will allow me to put the dongle in the USB port amp set it as the WAN access I still have the dongle plugged directly into the PC for Internet access at the moment I initially had issues with setting up an IP address getting the xxx xxx issue but have managed to sort that now via PortForward Static IP amongst other things My problem is when logging onto to set up the router it times out most of the time I can ping which is the built in Intel Pro NIC but when I ping sometimes it times out other times it has no problems and other times it will lose packet However it NEVER gets me to the config area the furthest I ve gotten is to the username password screen When running ipconfig all it currently shows up the following Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Problem with router setup Description Intel Pro NIC Physical Address gives MAC Address DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server I currently have the TCP IP Properties manually configured as when I had the Obtain IP address automatically clicked it would give me the etc address which I believe is a DHCP issue but am not sure at the moment However as it is also a wireless router I can connect to the router config screen via my iPhone and have set the router to DHCP server but this hasn t helped at all Finally the ethernet cable is brand new and when I plug it in out the Network Connection recognises it so I don t think the cable is the issue and have tried different e net ports in case that was an issue I ve reset the router powered on off disabled firewall etc all to no avail At this stage I m completely flummexed I don t have another PC to try it on in case that is suggested Appreciate amp and all help Will P S I should add that both my G and NIC card IP are both Static IP s nbsp

A:Problem with router setup

Have you tried obtaining IP automatically with your iphone? Does the phone get 192.168.1.x address? If it does, you may have a problem with your NIC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-router-setup.174993/
Relevancy 23.65%

ok i have a asus netbook and i took out the hard drive and replaced it with a dell hard drive now it thinks it a dell and a asus is there any way to wipe it then load only asus hardware????

A:How to wipe a hard drive then load different hardware

Buy a USB hard drive external enclosure matching either SATA or PATA drives and format the Dell drive on another computer. Then install the freshly formatted drive in the Netbook. How are you going to re-load the operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-wipe-a-hard-drive-then-load-different-hardware.175482/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just started getting this error today. I thought it was due to some malware I had gotten but the malware forum tech support said everything looks fine. I get this message right as my VPN is about to authenticate. Can anyone help? This is driving me up the wall!

A:Cisco VPN AnyConnect issue: The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering

What PC hardware are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-vpn-anyconnect-issue-the-vpn-client-was-unable-to-setup-ip-filtering.174986/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently purchased and installed an AMD Radeon HD as well as a new -watt power supply Ever since installation my computer has had troublesome times connecting via ethernet It should be noted that I switched to AMD from an Nvidia GPU which is the stock card for my system At first I received the error message quot Windows was unable to automatically detect this networks proxy settings quot IPv was receiving an internet connection but IPv wasn t I thought it might have been an ISP issue with the university I attend but now the LAN adapter is completely unable to recognize a plugged in ethernet cable It s not a problem with the cable or ISP because other computers are able to connect using the same port and cable Even the little green light that flashes around the ethernet port on the back of my computer has stopped flashing I with installations Problem LAN hardware network after downloaded the most updated driver for Problem with LAN network after hardware installations my network controller Intel V- and used some of the newer features to test my LAN device out The hardware and cable tests returned a success but my connection failed There was also another device called quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot without any installed driver to run it But most online results said this was a minor issue EDIT The missing quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot turned out to be Problem with LAN network after hardware installations a Systems device called quot Intel Management Engine Interface quot I found the correct Problem with LAN network after hardware installations driver for the device by looking up its vendor device codes on pciexpress com then manually installed the driver Doesn t seem to help out the internet however Maybe its one of many firmware problems involved with the ethernet controller This is all extremely confusing to me How can the LAN device pass all of its functionality tests recognize when there is and isn t an ethernet plugged in but still remain disconnected and completely non-responsive My guess is my computer has a major issue with the university s local network or that there s an extremely subtle cable port malfunction nbsp

A:Problem with LAN network after hardware installations

What do you have on-board NIC? If you have it then get a good PCI-E 10/100/1000 Card. Which is the better route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-lan-network-after-hardware-installations.174224/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 23.65%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 24.51%

It comes a time when you get bored by the usual computer set up (Primary HDD for OS and Backup HDD for all your media).......

Currently I have some unused hard drives lying around so I decided to have some fun.......unfortunately, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SETTING UP RAID CONFIGURATIONS......so please start from the basics

1. What hardware do I need?
2. How do I set it up?
3. How do I test?
4. .....Just random but is it worth it? Pros and Cons

Feel free to recommend hardware, I might do some shopping!
Thnx in advance.

A:What do you need to setup a RAID configuration?

1. You need a motherboard with RAID capability or add-on RAID controller
2. I suggest you Google for types of RAID Arrays, and Data redundancy
3. The RAID controller will do this for you. You will have to reload the operating system if you change or add a RAID array drive if you don't use an array with data redundancy.

I have a stripped RAID array with no data redundancy. This is for maximum data access speed. It is made up of 3 500GB drives, giving me 1.36TB single drive. You think it would be 1.5TB, but because of "overhead" the total usable space is 1.36TB. I have a 4th 500GB drive for back up that's not part of the RAID array

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-need-to-setup-a-raid-configuration.172268/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well my friend has been wanting to play a game with us for a while but she can not play it since her current video card's shader models are 1.0 and the game she wants to play is 2.0. I believe she has an agp slot, not sure if its 4x or 8x. I was looking on Newegg for a card but couldn't really decide what to get her. She usually plays Maplestory, Gunz or League of Legends. What would be the best mid-range card I could get in terms of balanced performance and price?
Thanks!

A:Wanting to upgrade friend's video hardware

i would get her one of these.

SPARKLE GeForce 6200 for $39.99
or
VisionTek Radeon HD 3450 for $64.99
or
HIS Radeon HD 4350 for $74.99.

Of course theRadeon HD 3450 and Radeon HD 4350 are way faster than the GeForce 6200.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-upgrade-friends-video-hardware.171887/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a server, a monitor, a laptop, cables and connectors and a copy of microsoft server 2008. can someone help me or guide me where to look to learn how to connect all of this together and set up the old laptop for a new user?

thank you,
tnb1415

A:Networking setup

Windows Server 2008 Step-by-Step Guides For Microsoft
Windows Server 2008 Tutorial from infotechGuyz.com
networking Articles & Tutorials for Windows Server 2008 from windowsnetworking.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-setup.171835/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there,

my friend wants a new PSU for his system. His specs are the same as mine (we both had the same PC built), but his system has a 9800GT 512MB. He will be considering to buy a GTX 560 Ti in the near future.

Which PSU will be better for this setup? Is the AX 650 worth the extra cash?

Thanks in advance

A:HX650 or AX650 -- which is better for this setup?

The HX series is built by Channel Well which I am not a big fan of. Channel Well built the infamous Antec Smart Power 2.0 series a few years ago, the failure rate was so high that Antec subsequently stopped using Channel Well as an OEM, although Channel Well has improved in quality and they no longer use highly failure prone caps they are still not on my list of preferred OEMs. The AX series is built by Seasonic which is one of the best OEMs of power supplies making it the better of the two. If you don't need the gold efficiency rating of the AX want a cheaper unit I would go with the Seasonic built Corsair TX series, The Delta Built Antec EA-750, High Current Gamer/ High Current Pro series (HCP-750 is gold certified and cheaper than the AX650), or the Seasonic X-series. Seasonic and Delta are among the best OEMs of power supplies around so any unit built by either one is a good bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hx650-or-ax650-which-is-better-for-this-setup.171542/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys

My pc has recently been giving me problems, like it froze sometime ago while I was playing games, it displayed that blue screen with a lot of error codes and then just reboot. So now when I try to format the OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows, it always gives me an error saying that windows cannot format the drive, so please guys I realy need help all of my information is on the other partition, so please any help would be appreciated, adn if possible suggestions to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

A:Possible hardware failure

First, slave your harddrive to another system and you will be able to access your information which you can then burn to a DVD.

Second, while it it is slaved run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hardware-failure.170730/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 23.65%

My computer still starts up making the same sounds and lights and such as usual, but there is no longer any signal to my monitor, mouse, keyboard, or speakers. I discovered this upon trying to wake it from sleep mode, the computer woke up, but no lights turned on on the keyboard, no sound came out of the speakers, and my monitor said no signal.

This happened once before, and we took it to a local repair place. They hooked it up to their monitor and keyboard and it worked fine. I've tested my monitor on another computer and it works just fine, as well as the rest of the hardware. Last time they said something had likely unseated itself, and the ride in the car had reseated it. What should I try?

A:My computer is no longer sending signals to any of my external hardware

Take it back to the local repair place... Have them check it once more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-no-longer-sending-signals-to-any-of-my-external-hardware.169961/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a T1 backbone connected to a Linksys wireless 4 port N router running 2 hubs and 1 websmart POE switch. I need to bring in another network on the same T1 backbone, keeping it separated from my current network with it's own DHCP router. I'm thinking I need to go from the T1 to a hub uplink port, then out to the ethernet port on both routers. Keeping the current setting on #1 router 192.168.1.1 and assigning an IP to the #2 Linksys router 192.168.2.1. I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems right, right?

A:How do I connect T1 to two DHCP routers, setup two networks

Thanks Rick

Thanks for your input Rick.
Currently I do have the T1 in the WAN port of my Linksys wireless router. This is my network DHCP server and has been working great. We have a school moving into my church building and I'm trying to provide them with their own LAN and internet. I'm not going to spend the cash for VLAN stuff, not cost effective. So I guess I'll just have to give them a router with static IP routing and their IT guy will have to assign IP's to each of their machines. My Linksys router is managing about 20 user stations and 5/8 wireless each day. This leaves me about 20 IP avail for my network. I could easly manage the school's needs without another DHCP router, but I don't want them to see my shared folders on my network. The static solution is the only one I can think of. Plus I don't want to use up my IP's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-connect-t1-to-two-dhcp-routers-setup-two-networks.169932/
Relevancy 23.22%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and every time I try to play a game I get a pop up window...image attached.
How do I turn it on like the pop up window says to do?
Would appreciate an answer in layman's terms....I not a computer geek.
Thanks guy's

A:How do I turn on hardware acceleration?

What graphics card are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-on-hardware-acceleration.169761/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Dell Optiplex 170l and I want to change out the hard drive to a 500G drive and add 2-1GB memory. Thoughts, I have been given the hard drive and would only have to purchase the memory.

A:Adding hardware

What is your question exactly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hardware.169020/
Relevancy 24.08%

Two months ago I posted on another thread that my son will be entering community college this fall yeah I m old and will be pursuing an A A degree in please: configuration for Hardware input laptop Your Digital Design and then Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop move on to a year institution At the time I was researching and I am still researching but further along The core courses he will be doing are Color amp D Design Graphic Design Art with Computers Web Graphics Animation and Web Page Design plus other art classes In addition he will be doing the standard Word docs surfing the net term papers etc I also know he must be able to run Adobe Flash CS and there will be animation software involved but I have not been able to find out anything else -- I ve tried The central parameters I ve tentively settled on for a laptop configuration are quot display no less than x and if I can in Matte either a Nvidia M or M video card this will be an Optimus laptop gigs of RAM i QM processor this is a quad core a GB harddrive rpm and Windows Anyway what I would like to know from you guys is this In light of his course work is this quot overkill quot Would the M suffice Onboard graphics will work in some case but a Intel s latest is meh and b Nobody is offering the AMD Fusion with it s substantially better onboard graphics except HP in their dv z series and I refuse to ever purchase another HP laptop ever again Input suggestions please Thanks nbsp

A:Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-input-please-hardware-configuration-for-laptop.168777/
Relevancy 24.08%

*update* Guess I don't need a capture card at all. Just software?
Not sure if this belongs in Other or Gaming. Sorry up front for that. I was curious if anyone knew what type of hardware and software is required for a PC to run a livestream on sites like Justin.tv/Livesteam.com/Youtube etc. Anything besides a "Capture card?" Is there a certain amount of recommended internet connection before even attempting to do it?

Any information on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

A:Hardware needed to Livestream?

If i am reading this right and you just want good streaming with sites like YouTube. Then all you really need is a good internet connection. Any High-Speed internet connection should run videos just fine buffer free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-needed-to-livestream.168302/
Relevancy 24.08%

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?

A:Gaming setup full package for under $2k?

syde said:

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?Click to expand...

at this point being this close to a new line of CPU's, the possible performance increase, and the effect on pricing from both sides, I would wait until sept if you can. You might benefit from it greatly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-setup-full-package-for-under-2k.168107/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am about to build a custom PC for the first time and although I know enough about the subject, I'd like to ask you experts for your opinion.

MoBo: MSI P67A-GD53 (B3)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K
RAM: Crosair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 DDR3 4GB 1333 MHz

Just wanted to make sure those would all support each other. The rest (videocard (geForce 240 GT), hdd etc) I already have from my old setup.

Thanks in advance

A:Is this a good custom setup?

they look good to me but imo i would go with 1600 mhz ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-custom-setup.167566/
Relevancy 24.08%

When I try to play any games on my Dell Laptop [windows 7 ] I get a pop up window that says:[ attached image ].
How do I correct this.
Thank you fellas

A:Hardware acceleration problem

try updating your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-acceleration-problem.167356/
Relevancy 23.65%

Anyone tried a 5000/6000 series Radeon for video, HDCP, etc., along with FireMV low-end 2D multi-monitor display cards?

I'm trying to build a dual-use system where a couple of the monitor can be driven by a Radeon capable of transcoding, Blu-Ray, HDCP, etc. and the others are just low-wattage DisplayPort 2D cards for financial screens.

Can they co-exist in the same system, assuming the correct drivers are installed to each, etc.?

I don't need or want the power consumption or dual-slot use for 6 2D displays, nor do they have to do any digital "heavy lifting", but I don't mind, and sort of need, if possible, a modest 4000/5000/6000 Radeon card for a couple of the monitors.

Odd, I know, but has anyone tried anything approaching this?

Thanks.

A:ATI HD5000 or HD6000 & FireMV multi-monitor setup - can you?

Any HD4000 series card or above is capable of displaying two screens, either mirrored, or extended across two displays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-hd5000-or-hd6000-firemv-multi-monitor-setup-can-you.166439/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi.
My name is Wayne. I'm not a professional with computers. I'm 59 years old, and just got my first computer 3 years ago. I recently grabbed a laptop just before it was to be tossed in the dumpster at my job. It's a Compaq Presario 1266. It's old. It has Windows 98 on it. I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro. It will go as far as the starting windows screen, blue screen. It will not go to the welcome to windows setup screen so that I can delete the windows 98. My first question. Is this old, I think it's a notebook, not laptop, worht all the effort? If so, how can I resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to learn more about how to do these things. I can barely attach files in an email. Thank you.

A:Can't get to Windows setup screen when installing XP Pro

Yup, this is an old system. Unless it has been upgraded with more memory it will not run XP.

The specs show 32MB or RAM (XP needs a minimum of 64MB)
A 333MHz CPU and a 4GB or optional 6.4GB hard drive.

Even if you get this going it will be very, very slow by modern day standards. Windows 98 is probably the best system to have on it.

Worth the effort, I doubt it, but depends what you want to use it for and if you don't want to do anything in a hurry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-to-windows-setup-screen-when-installing-xp-pro.166421/
Relevancy 24.51%

Done loads of research and ive finally bought a gaming pc. This cost me £800.

Heres it is..

MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail with FREE Shogun 2 Game

Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard

Cooler Master CM690-II Lite Dominator Case & GX 750W Power Supply

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM)

Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (HD103UJ)

LG GH22NS50 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM

Im hoping to play most games on high end performance and id like to be apple to play battlefield on relitivly high graphics.

Tell me what you think, thanks!

A:Is this a good gaming PC setup?

It should work nicely for you... I don't care for anything CoolerMaster or Asus but many here do. Good luck with the setup... Check out my specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-pc-setup.166310/
Relevancy 24.08%

Background: Built a different system with new M/B, CPU, and case (Win7). Transferred GeForce 7300 video card over and put in new PCi-e bus....NO video, even with embedded video disabled and bios set for it....the only video I can get is using embedded ATI Radeon 4200.

However, I have loaded and reloaded drivers for the Radeon and for the monitor (Samsung T220). Device manager shows monitor and display adapter to be correct. But when I try to set display resolution in control panel, the monitor native display resolution of 1650 X 1080 is not available, and the monitor just shows "VGA". Closest I can get is 1600 X 1200. So, I am stuck having to use only the embedded video and a resolution that my monitor doesn't exactly like.......ANY HELP APPRECIATED! I am not a gamer, but use this for a lot of Photoshop CS5 work.

p.s. I have an Radeon 5670 on order....will this even work?

A:Help with monitor resolution/setup after upgrade?

Hi, I always get the same problem with my onboard graphics card on windows 7, I personally install the right drivers and it works, but sometimes it fails so i use the closest like what you have there and i apply i don't click ok, so that if it doesn't work, it will bring me back to that screen in 15secs.
However now that you are going to get the new Radeon 5670, that will solve the equation.
If u still want to use you old card, then you have to get new versions of the drivers or you may have to install them manually.
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-monitor-resolution-setup-after-upgrade.166149/
Relevancy 24.08%

Can anyone who has hands on experience with PC diagnostics software and/or hardware recommend any particular software or hardware testers.

How good is AIDA64, a review I read on this looks quite impressive.

There are many motherboard and general hardware testers on ebay, are there any that stand out as being particularly reliable that will also work on laptops..

I am also interested in finding good data retrieval software for recovering data from faulty and/or corrupt hard drives. Are there any that perform better than Stella Phoenix.

I repair a few PC's a month and it would be very useful to have some equipment that can confirm the health of mobo's and CPU's without having to diagnose by a process of elimination.

I don't have the finance to experiment with the various testers that are available.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

A:PC diagnostics software/hardware

This type of Computer testing hardware and software is not really necessary or even useful to an experienced computer tech. The motherboard testers are only as good as the tech is. A shorted data bus will give false results at best. The useful tools include a spare power supply, an inexpensive power supply tester, spare memory, a spare IDE and SATA Desktop hard drive (and notebook drives) and a good true RMS multimeter... and that's it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-diagnostics-software-hardware.165470/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am using a 550w PSU, Cheap-o, but good. I think its called RSG series or something like that. Anyways, i am using XFX 5750, Q6600, 2 internal HDD's, One is Seagate 500GB and the other one is WD 500GB and i also have an external HDD by WD 500GB which is hook up to my USB 3.0 PCIE card, and i have a keyboard and mouse and using a Logitech Dual Controller.

Was wondering , can my PSU handle this? Am i ok?
Everything seems to be working good, temps are good on every device.

I have 4 fans in my computer btw.

A:Curious about my hardware

Everything seems OK so far. You should try to run a demanding game (if you have any) - if the PC begins to stutter during gameplay, then possibly this configuration is a bit too much.

You mentioned that the PSU was a cheap-o;
You should be cautious then. The power-coefficient rating might be the peak power rating, a "cheap" trick by some PSU manufacturers (displaying the peak power rating instead of the ordinary power rating).

So I wouldn't worry, I'd go 'gunz blazing'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/curious-about-my-hardware.164879/
Relevancy 23.22%

My acer laptop has been like this for awhile since i paid for it to be fixed,when im doing a letter for example and i turn on the CAPS LOCK button it goes into caps ok,but i have to press the BUTTON UNDERNEATH CAPS LOCK CALLED SHIFT TO GET CAPS LOCK TO TURN OFF!!!

does anyone know how i get it back to factory keyboard settings?just a simple caps on and off button would be nice today lol!
cheers.

A:Acer Aspire 5315 keyboard setup, capslock problem

The keyboard may be defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5315-keyboard-setup-capslock-problem.164818/