Windows Support Forum

Best setup with hardware

Q: Best setup with hardware

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Best setup with hardware

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell dimension with Windows XP service pack Now at boot-up I get Hardware Hardware Wizard Setup Wants To Unknown a hardware wiazard attempting to install drivers for unknown hardware I lauch the Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware wizard and it finds Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware nothing I insert my Canon cd with drivers and it still finds nothing Under Printers my printer is on lpt online and the default printer Under device manager it shows unknown devices in yellow with yellow marks I have disabled and deleted these and they comeback each time the hardware wizard runs The com and ecp printer devices all show that they are working properly I have deleted and attempted to reinstall software drivers The installation process halts when the system attempts to ping the printer and determines that there is no connection between the desktop and the printer I have rebooted the system and printer I have checked the cable I have tried using all of the usb ports on the pc I have swapped the cable out and tried a new cable Bottom line Windows says that the com and lpt ports are working I have checked connections Is my controller card shot and windows doesn t realize that its dead Or is there a registry issue since I had this spyware trojan virus Any ideas I have the answer for getting rid of the spy crusher virus if you are infected with the spycrusher Virus malware The same hardware wizard routine kicks off for the hardware wizard whether or not the printers are connected or not I have stopped and restarted the spooler as well I m Stuck on a treadmill just lkie the TV commercial Babyboomer

A:Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware

You might want to look at the Device Manager to see what type of device it is listed under. To access this follow these instructions:

Right Click MY COMPUTER
Select PROPERTIES
Click HARDWARE tab
Select DEVICE MANAGER
See what the Device Manager recognizes the device as.
Go to Dell.com and seach up the drivers for your computer.
If nothing else works, try installing all the drivers, Windows will tell you if the driver will work or not. Good luck and post results plz.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97017/hardware-wizard-wants-to-setup-unknown-hardware/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have two pc's running in my room and i was wondering if it was possible to run the internet through one computer into my main computer and have the first computer act as a firewall which will protect the main computer from attacks but still allow access to the home network and internet.

If so has it got a specific name so i can research it further.

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Cheers

A:Hardware firewall setup?

I know this can be done in Linux, having one computer acting as a firewall, but Im not sure how this would be done under Windows... It would be easier to use a router as your firewall and setup a quick network....

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/62083-hardware-firewall-setup.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm using a NetGear RP614 cable router which has (is?) a NAT firewall. I'm not sure if there is anything I need to do to activate or set up the firewall. I couldn't find anything in the documentation about this.

Thanks
Frog

A:hardware firewall setup?

Network Address Translation (NAT) does not need to be set up as it is native to a router. Essentially what happens is the IP Address assigned by your ISP is converted in the router to the one that is used by your computer, thus hiding your computer's IP Address from the internet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25101/hardware-firewall-setup/
Relevancy 48.59%
A:WCP x64 setup can't isnstall to my hardware

i get a similar message, apparently i have a driver missing, my question is if i download the update from my win 8 dev partition will it install in that partition or wipe the entire hardrive with a fresh install. thus losing my win seven partition, any help gratefully accepted.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4027-wcp-x64-setup-cant-isnstall-my-hardware.html
Relevancy 48.59%

If using Windows XP it will be Hardware for network setup easier with service pack You are going to need a wireless router To eliminate compatibility issues choose a router that supports g I use a Linksys router It is a prestigous brand and I have never had any problems I paid over years ago for it I don t know how much they are now Make sure you get a wireless router amp not a wireless access point Most laptops have wireless network adapters built into them but make sure If Hardware setup for network your laptop is not wireless capable you need to purchase a PC card-based adapter You don t have to make your desktop wireless It can plug into the router with an ethernet cable That is how my network is setup I have a desktop with the modem from my internet service provider ISP and then it connects to the router The signal is than distributed through the router and to all connected computer and devices so they can share an internet connection I have internet connection sharing ICS enabled and it gives all devices Hardware setup for network IP addresses in the format of x If you want to make your desktop wireless you can purchase a USB wireless adapter The software that comes with the router should assit you with connecting the equipment It might walk you through securing your network as well If not I will cover network security in a later thread The reason being when I first Hardware setup for network got my router I was not yet technically savey and I just wanted to use my parent s internet connection It wasn t a wireless network so security wasn t really an issue Now I have my own home network but I have not yet tackled the task of securing my network which is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT After you have installed the router you should be able to connect to the network On your laptop in the bottom right corner there is an icon that looks like computer monitors on the taskbar that will assist you with establishing a connection If you are interested in doing tasks like file transfers or printer sharing you will want to set up a local area network LAN I will create a thread for that as well Use the following website as a tool http www microsoft com athome moredone wirelesssetup mpsx nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I ve just bought my first computer which someone I know built for me Unfortunately I am not having much fun with it altough I must say that I m beginning to enjoy messing about with setup hardware Problem with it I ve had it for a week and it didn t work properly Last night I had enough wiped everything off and started reinstalling everything but got a bigger Problem with hardware setup problem halfway through After installing the application Power DVD I agreed to carry out a diagnostic check which it offered after installation However when it asked me to insert a dvd which I did the dvd autostarted and when I tried to stop it the system gave up and I was left with a black screen The funny thing is when I boot the system now windows is starting up but I can only see the mouse cursor on the screen I know windows is loaded because cdroms autorun if I insert them I can hear sound the cursor changes and so on The rest of the screen is just black I could reinstall everything from scratch but I think I really have a configuration or hardware problem Below is a list of the problems I noticed and of the components in my machine I would very much appreciate it if someone could give me advice on how to set up my computer properly or point me in the right direction websites books I am interested to know What s the reason for the black screen Is there any way I can test my components to rule out hardware failure What BIOS settings do I need In general how can I make sure that my components are configured correctly to ensure optimum performance I also need to install a dual boot system win linux mandrake or red hat any recommendations on sequence I have extensive documentation on procedure courtesy of linuxdoc org but which OS should I install first The guy who set up my comp said he installed both hard disk and dvd drive as quot masters quot do I make sense here I can t remember exactly it s got to do with two seperate cables for each of them Is that recommendable and what do I need to consider regarding the configuration I know I could have this done by an expert but I m really getting into this and want to figure it out myself Problems I ve had a The application Power DVD used to crash after a while when playing a dvd Disabling DMA mode seemed to resolve this but made the dvd really slow and unsatisfying to watch During reinstallation of my video card driver I switched DMA back on could that be the reason why everything went pear-shaped b The dvd drive is very temperamental it sometimes won t open until you press eject times Hard disk seems ok but in general system performance does not seem to be as good as it could be at least I expected more from it considering the technological age of its components b My sound is a problem too I have speakers but it either only used the front ones or only the rear ones One game though managed to use all four Other sound related features Environmental Sound in Creative Playcenter Equalizer in Winamp didn t work After I installed everything the second time all speakers worked but I couldn t test it properly cause my screen is black now c Adobe Photoshop kept trying to access my floppy drive whenever I asked it to do something even only apply a filter or make any other changes to an image Completely random because the floppy drive was not involved at all When there was no floppy in the drive it would take Photoshop ages to continue d System randomly used to crash I guess that s just windows but some applications sometimes used to work fine then again didn t I couldn t do a lot of testing but I get the feeling that the whole system doesn t seem to be very stable things are somehow changing all the time By the way all components are brand new Norton Antivirus and Utilities didn t find any problems with my machine and I am not connected to the internet yet or any other machine If you can help me in any way I would be really grateful thank you for your time Components CPU AMD Thunderbird MHz socket A MB ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-hardware-setup.40556/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have two pc's running in my room and i was wondering if it was possible to run the internet through one computer into my main computer and have the first computer act as a firewall which will protect the main computer from attacks but still allow access to the home network and internet.

Cheers

A:Hardware Firewall Setup?

Quote: Originally Posted by Chairsandstools

Cheers

For Wi Fi connection, you can use one of your PCs as software router:
Windows 7 includes a little-known new feature called Virtual Wi-Fi, which effectively turns your PC or laptop into a software-based router. Any other Wi-Fi-enabled devices within range - a desktop, laptop, an iPod perhaps - will "see" you as a new network and, once logged on, immediately be able to share your internet connection... This will only work if your wireless adapter driver supports it, though, and not all do. Check with your adapter manufacturer and make sure you've installed the very latest drivers to give you the best chance.
Once you have driver support then the easiest approach is to get a network tool that can set up virtual Wi-Fi for you. Virtual Router is free, easy to use and should have you sharing your internet connection very quickly.
I've lost the link from the website, but I still have the one for the virtual router.
cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62078-hardware-firewall-setup.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello to everyone I am having a problem installing windows vista Home Premium x using the recovery disks order from HP and keep getting quot windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot Computer Specs Hp Touchsmart IQ P N KQ AA-ABA Intel Core Help: not could Windows configure...hardware setup Duo Original HDD Seagat GB SATA Build ID NAv XrA Recovery Disk sent by HP Build ID NAv XrA So my original HDD crash and I bought a Help: Windows setup could not configure...hardware new hard drive WD Caviar Green TB The recovery disks I created did not work so I order them from the HP website I follow the system recovery instructions choose advanced options and selected quot Reset the computer by erasing the entire drive and recreating the factory setup quot Once that step is done it says that windows setup is going to finish the installation and I click the finish button and the computer restarts Then a dos windows pops up showing mainly Build partition was successful and then a grey background with a animation of two folders transferring files Then it restarts and I get the same animation which takes a longer and finally windows setup starts with a progress bar on the bottom and once it gets completed I get a pop windows saying quot windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot I thought it might be the WD Hard Drive so I exchange it for a Seagate Barracuda TB but still the same problem I will appreciate any help and thank for reading my post

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304475-help-windows-setup-could-not-configure-hardware.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello to everyone I am having a problem installing windows vista Home Premium x using configure...hardware Help: could setup not Windows the recovery disks order from HP and keep getting Help: Windows setup could not configure...hardware quot windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot Computer Specs Hp Touchsmart Help: Windows setup could not configure...hardware IQ P N KQ AA-ABA Intel Core Duo Original HDD Seagat GB SATA Build ID NAv XrA Recovery Disk sent by HP Build ID NAv XrA So my original HDD crash and I bought a new hard drive WD Caviar Green TB The recovery disks I created did not work so I order them from the HP website I follow the system recovery instructions choose advanced options and selected quot Reset the computer by erasing the entire drive and recreating the factory setup quot Once that step is done it says that windows setup is going to finish the installation and I click the finish button and the computer restarts Then a dos windows pops up showing mainly Build partition was successful and then a grey background with a animation of two folders transferring files Then it restarts and I get the same animation which takes a longer and finally windows setup starts with a progress bar on the bottom and once it gets completed I get a pop windows saying quot windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot I thought it might be the WD Hard Drive so I exchange it for a Seagate Barracuda TB but still the same problem I will appreciate any help and thank for reading my post

A:Help: Windows setup could not configure...hardware

Any reason why they sent you a recovery disc for a different build?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295950-help-windows-setup-could-not-configure-hardware.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have reinstalled Windows XP on my Dell Dimension 8000. I got XP installed ok but then need to connect to the internet to update/download all the software I need. Network Setup Wizard cannot find any network hardware.

All I need to do is connect the PC to my home network (wired). This all worked before, I just can't figure out how to get the computer to recognise the modem?

In Device Manager there is no modem listed. Shouldn't there be one? Is it drivers? I put the Dell drivers disk in which didn't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

I am building antenna from the following website:

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-turn-an-old-satellite-dish-into-a-strong-wifi-antenna-201156/

This is an antenna built from a old satellite dish. Since this is hard wired from dish, how do I make a wireless conection from my laptop? Will a wireless usb hub work in connection with a wifi usb port usb on my laptap? Would this combination be incompatible with wifi siginal? I need a good cheap solution.

I am trying to receive a wifi signal approx 300 feet from wif source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/homemade-hardware-dish-setup.724593/
Relevancy 48.16%

My current 1.5tb media storage drive is nearing full, i want to set up 2x 2tb drives in a striped array (Raid 0 i believe), will i be best using a hardware raid card or software raid? my MoBo is an Asus P5QE Pro Turbo.

Thanks,

DxxS.

A:Raid setup, hardware or software?

one and only Bump,

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125112-raid-setup-hardware-software.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok this is just frustrating Home connection where broadband faulty setup? or Hardware problem connection is through Billion Bipac s then TP-Link -port M Fast Ethernet Switch Hardware problem or faulty setup? which connects to THREE laptops two running SP and one on SP if that matters This is the ipconfig all on the Dell with SP Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings -Me- Hardware problem or faulty setup? gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Inspired Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - C- -AB- A-F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday December P M Lease Expires Wednesday December PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - C-BF- D- E-F Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - D-D -E - -E This is the ipconfig all on the HP laptop with the problem network did not assign address Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings email protected gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name your- dedafe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - -D - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - - - -FC Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -B - - Network adapters for the faulty HP laptop - Network Adapter -Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver -Intel R PRO VE Network Connection -Intel R PRO wireless ABG Network Connection all appeared to be working I have tried netsh int ip reset reset log and netsh winsock reset catalog on the HP laptop All pings shows destination host unreachable HP laptop was able to connect to the internet without any problems if plugged directly to the modem Billion Bipac s Please help nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I am going to school for Game Art & Design, I am looking to build a pc for working in 3d. Using Maya, 3ds max, CS4, Blender, etc. I put something together on newegg and it added up to be $3500. I have been reading and it seems like workstations are intended to be built on server hardware (motherboard, ram, etc.) any suggestions would be sweet, i dont want to slouch on th evideo cards. I have heard the processors are more important for what im doing than video cards but that doesnt make sense to me. Thanks for any help.
Nate

A:Ideal workstation hardware setup??

$3500!!! What is your hardware made out of gold!

Currently Core i7s are the fastest consumer processors made...

So..

Give us a budget so we can pick out the best hardware with the nest "bang for your buck"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ideal-workstation-hardware-setup.840097/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All I have been doing lot of reading and looking around but cannot seem to get past this problem I recently bought a new HP on configure Windows hardware pc!!! setup this cannot laptop i processor Navidia GT M video card GB RAM HP original Windows setup cannot configure hardware on this pc!!! windows come with so much bloatware and have so many problems that i want to do a fresh clean windows install on the machine So i got a bootable windows USB drive actually i Windows setup cannot configure hardware on this pc!!! downloaded windows home premium from internet and used windows usb tool to make usb drive When i go install it first i come to partition table HP has four partitions one system and one recovery and two other small ones I have tried installing after removing all partitions and make just one system drive i have also tried keeping the paritions and install on system drive Every time it goes through the install reboots does get through updates and all and on the last part gives the above statement and then i cannot get anything to work I am able to restreo back to factory using recovery discs so windows work that way I tried installing intel RTS driver before windows installation as suggested by microsoft however after doing that setup cannot find the hard drive and cannot install so does not even go as far as above Any Help with this will be appreciated It is a laptop so opening and removing additional hardware is not an option Thanks

A:Windows setup cannot configure hardware on this pc!!!

Read through these steps for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 including the Special Notes for HP Owners at bottom.

Check in Disk Mgmt that there is no EFI Boot partition as you may have an EFI BIOS requiring special steps.

If not follow the tutorial to see if it will install. If not wipe the HD first with Diskpart Clean Command accessing DISKPART At PC Startup

Report back for additional steps if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/247069-windows-setup-cannot-configure-hardware-pc.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm looking for any suggestions for a good DVD Making software that will burn HD movies. I have a HD Camcorder and my computer seems to bog down whenever I try to make a DVD using Windows DVD Maker that came with Windows 7. I'm not a big fan of Windows DVD Maker anyway, there aren't many customizing features to the program. Anyway, my hardware setup is as follows:

CPU: Intel Celeron M, 1.4 Ghz, Single Core
RAM: 2.0 GB
It is a Laptop, although I'm not sure that is relevant.

I also have ffdshow codec installed, although it really isn't needed with Windows Media Player 11 installed. Any suggestions will help, I've already tried Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 9, and I don't have the time to sit and learn the interface. So something somewhat simplistic would be great. Thank You.

A:Looking for good DVD Making Software to fit my hardware setup

Try Corel DVD MovieFactory, it's easy to use but makes good DVD's.

You could also try VideoStudio Express which has some more editing capabilities.

They both have trial versions you can download and try out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-good-dvd-making-software-to-fit-my-hardware-setup.980285/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am typing on my phone so hopefully you know my situation just by that!

I had just replaced my hard drive from my sony vpccw29gx. It was corrupt. I bought a different brand hard druve, but same rpm.

I ordered the recovery disks from sony. I installed the disks, but after the windows 7 installed, it restarted, then when it booted, it sais "starting services", then said windows could not install on my hardware.

I calldd sony back, and they sent me ANOTHER set that were supposedly the right ones. I went through the process and yet again, the error came up.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

A:Windows setup failed to configure on your hardware??!!

Try running the Sony Hardware Diagostics tool.

How to use Sony Hardware Diagostics:
View Document

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/213283-windows-setup-failed-configure-your-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there New to this forum and need help I hangs inspecting is XP install setup at hardware have used the search facility to try and find a result to this problem but XP install hangs at setup is inspecting hardware alas to no avail I have had XP pro in this desktop before so I know it s compatible Recently XP install hangs at setup is inspecting hardware I decided to upgrade to Vista but decided that it wasn t for me and have tried to downgrade back to XP Now here s where the problems began On first try with XP pro setup bootdisk I got by said problem and got to the format partition bit but got error message saying unable to load operating system half way through install I figured it could be because i didn t set up boot in bios properly using bootup selector instead and upon restart during install it tried to boot from hd So restarted and sorted bios selection out but now get this wierd problem being on ANY install disk of XP I have a few it jams after quot setup is inspecting your computers hardware quot i e blank screen and nothing happening I ve tried unplugging everything and leaving only cd-rom hard-drive and monitor keyboard gfx card and mouse connected but all to no avail The drive I m trying to install to is a samsung gb hard drive partitioned to gb and gb respectively with data still on the gb section that i d like to keep The most interesting thing is that the Vista disk that I have installs fine without problem which is how I m writing this Could vista have changed something on my hard-drive which now locks the hard drive to vista even during format If any other info is required then please ask I m desperate to find out the answer to my dilemma I can t stress enough that I have had XP on this hard drive before and on my PC without problems There is no new hardware configuration the only change has been OS Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Guys have you got any idea why this error "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" shows up when installing 7 on my Comp? It comes up when the installer reaches the final stage of installation where it says , "Completing installation".
I have purchased this darn Ultimate edition of 7 for 464 bucks from the local stores.
i have Satellite A300 PSAGCA - 03C010 Toshiba P8400 Notebook.
4Gb Ram
2.27Ghz Core2Duo
Windows vista ultimate x64 and home premium x86....the 7 edition is x86.
Service pack 2
.......It works well on my other comp that runs home basic, and it's compaq 1.86Ghz.
i dont' know what's wrong with mine.

A:Windows setup couldn't work on this hardware

Are you trying to in-place Upgrade from Vista? If so, try backing up your files, boot the DVD to do a formatted clean install.

Check on its Support Downloads page that your Toshiba has the latest BIOS version.

Try setting SATA controller at AHCI to start, then IDE.

Use WIndows Memory Diagnostics to test RAM, then remove all but 2gb of RAM to try again. Switch RAM sticks if this fails.

If you paid $464 for ultimate you were robbed by retailer at least 200%. I would take it back and get a retail Upgrade Ultimate version for 1/3 of that price at BestBuy or NewEgg.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/50921-windows-setup-couldnt-work-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to reinstall windows using Windows Media Center Edition inspecting reboots System at hardware Setup your is Whenever I boot from cd I get a black screen that says Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration It stays there for about seconds then reboots If I attempt the System reboots at Setup is inspecting your hardware same thing with WinXP Pro SP it loads fine The CD does not have scratches smudges or prints etc I tried removing some ram my extra dvd and hard drives the external devices and the pci cards Still the same problem My specs AMD Athlon XP Ghz Gigabyte GA- VT -P-L MSI GeForce FX MB AGP w VIVO -NOTE I normally run an MSI GT but it's rma'd right System reboots at Setup is inspecting your hardware now for a dead fan GB DDR x Running at MHz -Kingston System reboots at Setup is inspecting your hardware ValueRAM PC -Generic RAM PC -Kingston ValueRAM PC EVGA NVTV TV Tuner Soundblaster Live Generic NIC Realtek Chipset GB Maxtor SATA HD on via sata raid mobo chipset GB Maxtor IDE HD x LG DVDROM Sony x - DVDRW Enermax W PSU I've noticed that the FX is not on the compatibility list however this card is part of the nvidia forceware driver for Win XP MCE Anyway I'm at a wits end trying to figure this out so I'd really appreciate some help on this

A:System reboots at Setup is inspecting your hardware

Kingston ValueRAM PC2700
-Generic RAM PC3200
-Kingston ValueRAM PC3200

use 1 stick only, and make sure its on the qvl list

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-reboots-at-setup-is-inspecting-your-hardware-70671.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I ve just picked up a Dell Ultrasharp U monitor and am planning a hardware upgrade to monitor hardware Triple question setup expand this to a triple monitor setup My requirement is as follows - I will be using the monitor for two purposes - First is web design graphic design music production and coding for which I will use the multimonitor setup - The Dell will be my primary workspace monitor x and I will be buying two other - quot monitors x to be placed on either side to use with additional reference documents images and organizing my photoshop flash cubase Triple monitor setup hardware question panels - The Triple monitor setup hardware question second use is that I will be connecting my PS to the HDMI port of the Dell monitor Triple monitor setup hardware question to use when gaming I will not be gaming much on my computer and even when I do I do not wish to have multimonitor gaming - I will use only the Dell monitor My question is this - what is the best solution for graphics cards keeping my requirements in mind I was thinking of using a GTX XX series card as my primary display card connected to the Dell and using any GTX XX series card to the remaining two monitors I am not interested in SLI so I dont need to have identical cards but will this solution work Can I use both PCIe slots this way In case I do game on the PC will I be able to use only the graphics card connected to the Dell while the other two monitors are not used that is they continue to display whatever it is they had on while the game continues in the main display Thanks and any suggestions are welcome Sid nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

How to enable hardware virtualization in Aptio Setup Utility?
I am not able to enable it in BIOS.
I want this because while installing Androin 4.4 in Virtualbox it is giving some error.

I have also uploaded Speccy CPU configuration which states that virtulization is supported and few pics of my BIOS.
Thanks.

A:How to enable hardware virtualization in Aptio Setup Utili

Hello,

Most important question: What is the error? We're not all-knowing here.
It might not be VT-x related at all, Android should be x86 in a VM and expect it to act weird.

Check the Virtualbox forums for specific details.
But a bit more on the VT issue:
I got a pc (here Medion) with Aptio as well. Problem is that I have AMD cpu on this one so the comparison won't help much.
Here the BIOS reports virtualization is on, I think. If your pc is new this year/last year, than VT-x should normally be on by default.

BUT: here Speccy says virtualization is disabled as well! Be careful, it might be a false warning. I can use virtualization in Virtualbox: the tab is enabled and I don't get any errors/warnings. So VT is ON even if Spaccy says it isn't. Check multiple sources to make sure.

Actually a good place to look is the VM log: Vbox.log in the VM folder: I see in my case AMD-V is used so virtualization is enabled.

Code:
00:00:03.677075 HM: Using AMD-V implementation 2.0!

In your case for Intel you should search for VT-X because it will report it ON or OFF.
Sorry, I'm not on my Intel machine at the moment but the previous lines should tell you what you need.

Good luck.

Hopachi

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/57813-how-enable-hardware-virtualization-aptio-setup-utili.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I uninstalled AOL for Broadband then on restart I got this error quot file is Registry+hardware setup Corrupt hangs config+Xp cd missing or corrupt windows system config system quot When I try to boot in safe mode the system stalls and reboots When I boot to the XP setup CDROM it either hangs after quot starting windows quot or give error quot line xxxx of INF file i txtsetup sif is invalid quot or says quot cdrom sys is corrupted or invalid quot Each time I try a boot I get a different error I ve also seen quot entry ntkrnlmp exe in SourceDisksFiles section of INF file Corrupt Registry+hardware config+Xp setup cd hangs is corrupt or missing quot Somtimes I get a blue screen which advises me to take out extraneous hardware-software I ve taken out all extra hardware run quot driver verifier quot enable quot special pool quot and recommends disabling caching and shadowing in the BIOS I ve done this I have important files on the hard disk with no backup Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Someone has asserted certain things to me about the BIOS setup on boards with certain Setup) Hardware Board EXPERT needed (Main hardware connected Frankly I have never heard of such as he told me today and of three professional techs I have talked to so far they haven t either I am not going to repeat what he told me because don t want a discussion of the nuances of various configurations I just want to see if I can find anyone else who has this quot common knowledge quot as he put it that supposedly applies to all systems complying Hardware (Main Board Setup) EXPERT needed to the AT standard Experts only please need reply I have a mouse on com I have com enabled with IRQ for occasional use with a digital camera The PS mouse port is enabled I also have a PCI modem on com IRQ There are no conflicting IRQs Can anyone tell me if there is some significant quot common knowledge quot that goes quot way back quot in computer setups that one should know about this setup that might cause the computer to be unusable If so can I find documentation of this anywhere nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

When I boot my comp it freezes at "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration." The computer has 2 processors and 4 scsi drives if that matters. Any idea whats up?

A:XP hangs on Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration.

Is your PC listed on Microsoft's XP compatibility list and have you checked and installed needed BIOS updates to support XP?

If the answer is yes for both, what is the make and model of the PC and the exact error message your are receiving?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-hangs-on-setup-is-inspecting-your-computers-hardware-configuration.71307/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I am trying to install windows xp on my pc that have linux fedora already installed. I get the message "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration" then my pc freezes. What should I do?

ps: I tried it with pro edition and media edition, none worked.

Thanks for the help.

A:[SOLVED] Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration

Are you installing on a separate HD, or a different partition ?

Are you formating the HD before trying to install ?

Run the HD's diagnostic utilities, downloadable from the manufacturer, to verify the HD is good.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-setup-is-inspecting-your-computers-hardware-configuration-356534.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings all Here's the quick backstory on this laptop It is an Acer Aspire and we were having all sorts of problems with her shutting down and nothing on screen and not starting up awhile back Finally got her into a repair shop that just opened up across the street on Tuesday and have her back already The fellow there said he put in a video card ours was damaged Hopefully he is trustworthy but anyhow the laptop seems to be running quite fine So I need to go about setting her all back up the way that I want So far I have made sure Windows Defender is turned on and scanned Have Malwarebytes Premium also installed and running I believe he must have used a windows reinstall because he said that he had to activate windows Yes I checked and the product key is the same one from the very beginning Anyhow there is a Win Old folder now existing on the drive No big deal because I had already backed up our stuff prior to her really taking fits and have backup copies on external hard drives plus - Next Redo repaired RE: 7535 Acer to new setup? - hardware steps our new HP laptop As you can tell I RE: Acer 7535 repaired - new hardware - Next steps to Redo setup? am connected to the internet as well So my st set of questions are - is it safe for me to just delete the windows old folder now I can't see there would be a use for it because a - everything important was RE: Acer 7535 repaired - new hardware - Next steps to Redo setup? already backed up multiple times and b - when she was first giving me major fits I had used the Windows install disk that Acer wanted me to make when I made all of the backup recovery disks and installed that copy in an attempt to see if I could make her work So am I correct in thinking that the old file can then be deleted and if not can someone explain where and why it would not be safe to do so - Am I correct in thinking that I can now use my recovery disks to reinstall the software that originally came with her so that I can have what I want on her The following is what was prompted to create initially way back when we st purchased her - Create Recovery default disks - amp Create Drivers amp applications Windows Install Disk Windows Repair Disk - bit Now before I do any of that I am concerned as to the vid card that was installed to repair her Does that change anything in regards to the applications or drivers that are on the above mentioned disk I don't want to mess anything up before I even get the ball rolling here so any help would be greatly appreciated on that - Are there any other programs that I might need to install in regards to virus and such - I see that they already installed over Windows updates since yesterday and I am going to go and check for new ones here in a little bit I want to make sure that it catches any essential updates in regards to the hardware that is already on it but again I fear messing things up so I'm wondering if I need to make any setting adjustments anywhere - Once I go through and reinstall the software - a - I know there's probably stuff I can delete because I don't want it example Mcafeeyuck b - will I need to or should I anyhow go ahead and create a new set of recovery disks OK that is my initial set of RE-Setup questions LOL Once we go through all of that I know I'm going to have more as I work my way through setting her back up but a few steps at a time Who knows maybe someone else will also find all of this useful as well Thanks in advance for all help I look forward to hearing from the much wiser and knowledgeable folks here because you all are totally awesome

A:RE: Acer 7535 repaired - new hardware - Next steps to Redo setup?

For future reference and to read over to understand here's what's involved in getting and maintaining a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) then run all rounds of Important and Optional Windows Updates. Set Updates to Automatic and include Recommended. After requested reboots, go back to Check for Updates until there are no more offered.

You can delete the windows.old folder which means the partitions were not deleted to give you the cleanest install. If he left the Recovery on it Acer Recovery will not run after a reinstall so it is best to delete all partitions to get the cleanest install. If you feel you've achieved a perfect install then I'd save a backup image externally to use in place of Recovery which partition you can then delete and either extend C into the space or create a new storage partition there. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

It keeps the image smaller if you store your data on a separate partition, either linking the User folders from C User Folders - Change Default Location or rightclicking a copy of each you move to the data partition to add to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums

Feel free after reading the blue link tutorials to ask back any questions. YOu might even want to do a perfect install yourself for the experience which is quite educational and rewarding since following our methods will insure you have an install better than most all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/335293-re-acer-7535-repaired-new-hardware-next-steps-redo-setup.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to repair my XP SP2 installation after I deleted my boot.ini while cleaning out old installations on different partitions. When I saw the boot.ini message, I rebooted with my installation disk for XP Pro SP2 version 2002. IT got to the first message "setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration" and then it stopped.
Here is my system info
Intel Pentium D 3.20 Ghz
Gigabyte GA-81865GME-775-RH
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1502 1012
Western Digital WD2000JB Master on IDE
Maxtor 7y250M0 SATA Master
2 Gb Mushkin DDR 400 mhz
Radeon x1300

I have tried each memory stick alone, each drive alone, with no effect except that just now after swapping the memory again and taking the SATA drive offline, it won't even POST. It has power but no boot. Am I looking at a bad mobo here?

A:Install hangs at setup is inspecting your computer's hardware w/ sysinfo

I got it to boot again, the video card was unseated while I was swapping out memory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/install-hangs-at-setup-is-inspecting-your-computers-hardware-w-sysinfo-237137.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all Today I turned on my computer and my antivirus quot avast quot was not configuration setup system is checking hardware Black screen < working The recommended actions for it was to repair it or to make sure your system is updated I tried repairing no luck So I went to the windows update page Black screen < setup is checking system hardware configuration through the start menu and installed the quot net framework quot update After it was completed my system restarted by itself When it booted back up I got a black screen saying quot setup is checking system harware configuration quot this message is up for - seconds Then the message is gone and I m left with a black screen and a headache I waited for some time but nothing happened I rebooted again and the same thing happened so I decided to reboot from my Windows XP cd and reinstall windows but the same thing happened except there was a quot press any key to boot from cd quot message I pressed a key but it took me to the same black screen and quot setup is checking hardware configuration quot message This process was repeated at least times I Black screen < setup is checking system hardware configuration tried to take out some of my RAM out of the but the same thing happened So what could it be corrupted HDD RAM is from microsoft Any ideas Thanks a loooot guys nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I purchased a MSI K7T266 Pro2 version 2.0 Socket A Motherboard DDR KT266. I had an AMD 1900 Palomino in another computer, so I know it is fine. I finally put everything together but I cannot access anything in the Hardware Monitor setup to change the CPU FSB from 100 to 133. The whole right side has nothing on it, i.e., arrows, up/down, etc.. And once I am in it, I have to reboot to get out of it; escape will not get me out of there. So now I am only running at 1200mhz with the 100mhz FSB. According to the manual "Monitor functions available only if there is harware monitor mechanism onboard". Whatever that means. But the specs on this board supports the AMD palomino 1900.
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produc...UID=320&kind=1. So something is amiss. Any ideas? thanks

A:Unable to access Hardware Monitor setup in BIOS to change FSB- MSI K7T266

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. Same MoBo, AMD 1800 Palomino, can't reset FSB from 100 to 133 because the Hardware Monitor freezes when I try to access.
Thanks--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-hardware-monitor-setup-in-bios-to-change-fsb-msi-k7t266.532931/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was getting this error pretty regularly but I could always bypass it and boot up fine Then I had a power failure one day and when the system rebooted I got stuck in a never-ending loop of quot menu Hardware setup for details Found Error. Power Monitor An Enter Press F to Continue Press F to enter Setup I m guessing the problem Hardware Monitor Found An Error. Enter Power setup menu for details is the CPU temp I made sure the fans were working replaced the Hardware Monitor Found An Error. Enter Power setup menu for details battery checked all the connections inside took out and re-installed the heat sink and nothing works I ve read that the CPU temp shouldn t be above Hardware Monitor Found An Error. Enter Power setup menu for details degrees Celsius but I m over that The computer is a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ G When I go to the BIOS Utility under Hardware Monitor I get these values MB Temp c f CPU Temp c F CPU Fan Speed rpm Power Fan Speed N A could this be the problem VCore Volt v v Volt v v Volt V v Volt v Any suggestions would be great I ve tried everything I can do which is very limited admittedly Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

My brother just bought a computer and no OS was included. (HP D530 - slim desktop). I've tried installing Windows XP professional SP2 on it. This CD has worked perfect on my PC. But after I get to "press any key to boot from CD" and "setup is checking Hardware configuration" the computer restarts... Everything is onboard and no additional cards have been added as of yet.... I've temporarly installed Windows 2000 Just to see if there is a problem with the system in general...but 2000 works fine....It's just not the operating system my Brother wants.

Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

A:XP installation problem. Comp restarts as the "Setup is checking your hardware config

If you are trying to use the disk that came with your computer,
it is not legal to do so and it is probably locked to the computer
it came with by configuration and hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-installation-problem-comp-restarts-as-the-setup-is-checking-your-hardware-config.668245/
Relevancy 45.58%

Note not SPAM and ad or anything like that just a really really long detailed desperate request for assistance Hello all competent techs Time is of the essence I m the owner of a young generation Y eBay company out of Manchester New Hampshire Among other things we sell consumer electronics and computer components but we specialize in hard disk storage Specifically we re processing more than hard drives through our facility each month although we are still quite a small business by many distinctions Accordingly we are looking for a free or very very low-cost but effective solution to our hard drive processing testing wiping needs I am in the process of building a hard drive testing wiping station I have decided to use multiple retail out of the box motherboards attached to a KVM to switch between boards since I can use them in my business if the testing station project fails as currently designed The MAIN GOAL is to test wipe up to hard drives at once using a total of motherboards Other project goals include Required Evaluation of S M A R T drive data for health performance and or very-extensive read write testing Required At least minimal drive-format demonstration Required Interoperability for quot quot quot ATA SATA SCSI SAS Gbps Gbps Gbps hard drive conditions USB support optional Required Simultaneous or queued drive testing and or wiping for at least drives per test/wipe hard issues system w/ Hardware/software drive setup motherboard Optional drive testing wiping reports preferred but not required Optional drive hot-swap testing wiping preferred but not required Optional multiple current security-depth testing wiping standards methods preferred but not required Optional OS-independent software execution preferred but not required Required Free or fixed-cost software to accomplish said goals I recently stumbled upon DBAN for hard drive wiping as I was researching a custom build for a more-formidable hard drive wiping procedure than our current method of manual Windows OS-based S M A R T health performance benchmarking and quick-format in Disk Management DBAN fulfills most if not all of the requirements for this project However as I will describe I am having trouble getting DBAN Beta to wipe multiple IDE SATA hard disk drives as specified in its feature list on the DBAN org website and other sources To preface the project work and research I ve done insofar I ve spent Hardware/software issues w/ hard drive test/wipe system setup conservatively more than hours on this project including hardware research hardware purchasing hardware assembly software research software sampling software comparison and software testing I ve tested and compared more than hard drive wiping programs including Active Killdisk Suite AC Forensics Multi-Wipe Blancco CMRR HDDerase DBAN DRE Hardware/software issues w/ hard drive test/wipe system setup Hard Disk Eraser Heidi Eraser HDDGURU Disk Wipe Tool HD Sentinel MiniTool Partition Wizard Miray HD Shredder Jetico BCWipe Paragon Disk Wiper White Canyon WipeDrive Of these software options both paid and free I preferred DBAN with a few close-seconds due to its simple but feature-rich user interface length of time in the market cost free software type open source record of reliability ability to auto-wipe OS independence and claim for simultaneous hard drive wiping capability see FAQ With that said here is my issue I ve had to spend about hours so far troubleshooting DBAN Beta and trying to get it to register wipe multiple hard drives This has included hands-on troubleshooting DBAN-specific research DBAN non-specific research forum-surfing fact checking and more DBAN only registers a few hard drives at Hardware/software issues w/ hard drive test/wipe system setup once and only wipes a max of at a time Even if more than drives register at one time a single-drive wiping operation will fail when drives are installed With only drives installed and all other hardware unplugged a concurrent wipe initiates succe... Read more

A:Hardware/software issues w/ hard drive test/wipe system setup

Again...this is NOT spam...thanks in advance for your help. -Nick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-software-issues-w-hard-drive-test-wipe-system-setup.1023739/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all competent techs Let me preface this problem with my willingness to pay a reasonable fee for a solution or for consultation resulting in a successful solution If someone solves my problem publicly in this forum I promise that I will find a way to STILL provide that person a cash bounty reward and or some free hardware as a thank-you I may also be interested in paying for consultation on an alternative implementation if it s simply not possible to do what I want using the method and + issues Hardware/software hard system test/wipe w/ drive setup REWARD! setup I m attempting However time is of the Hardware/software issues w/ hard drive test/wipe system setup + REWARD! essence I m the owner of a young generation Y eBay company out of Manchester New Hampshire Among other things we sell consumer electronics and computer components but we specialize in hard disk storage Specifically we re processing more than hard drives through our facility each month although we are still quite a small business by many distinctions Accordingly we are looking for a free or very very low-cost but effective solution to our hard drive processing testing wiping needs I am in the process of building a hard drive testing wiping station I have decided to use multiple retail out of the box motherboards attached to a KVM to switch between boards since I can use them in my business if the testing station project fails as currently designed The MAIN GOAL is to test wipe up to hard drives at once using a total of motherboards Other project goals include Required Evaluation of S M A R T drive data for health performance and or very-extensive read write testing Required At least minimal drive-format demonstration Hardware/software issues w/ hard drive test/wipe system setup + REWARD! Required Interoperability for quot quot quot ATA SATA SCSI SAS Gbps Gbps Gbps hard drive conditions USB support optional Required Simultaneous or queued drive testing and or wiping for at least drives per motherboard Optional drive testing wiping reports preferred but not required Optional drive hot-swap testing wiping preferred but not required Optional multiple current security-depth testing wiping standards methods preferred but not required Optional OS-independent software execution preferred but not required Required Free or fixed-cost software to accomplish said goals I recently stumbled upon DBAN for hard drive wiping as I was researching a custom build for a more-formidable hard drive wiping procedure than our current method of manual Windows OS-based S M A R T health performance benchmarking and quick-format in Disk Management DBAN fulfills most if not all of the requirements for this project However as I will describe I am having trouble getting DBAN Beta to wipe multiple IDE SATA hard disk drives as specified in its feature list on the DBAN org website and other sources To preface the project work and research I ve done insofar I ve spent conservatively more than hours on this project including hardware research hardware purchasing hardware assembly software research software sampling software comparison and software testing I ve tested and compared more than hard drive wiping programs including Active Killdisk Suite AC Forensics Multi-Wipe Blancco CMRR HDDerase DBAN DRE Hard Disk Eraser Heidi Eraser HDDGURU Disk Wipe Tool HD Sentinel MiniTool Partition Wizard Miray HD Shredder Jetico BCWipe Paragon Disk Wiper White Canyon WipeDrive Of these software options both paid and free I preferred DBAN with a few close-seconds due to its simple but feature-rich user interface length of time in the market cost free software type open source record of reliability ability to auto-wipe OS independence and claim for simultaneous hard drive wiping capability see FAQ With that said here is my issue I ve had to spend about hours so far troubleshooting DBAN Beta and trying to get it to register wipe multiple hard drives This has included hands-on troubleshooting DBAN-s... Read more

A:Hardware/software issues w/ hard drive test/wipe system setup + REWARD!

Will (unfortunately) be up all night trying to figure this stuff out. Oh the joys of working in the IT industry...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424758/hardwaresoftware-issues-w-hard-drive-testwipe-system-setup-reward/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm working on someone's laptop. It has a error when turned on stating a disk error occured. press ctrl alt del to restart but of course when you press those keys it keeps giving you the same message. So I decided to reload windows but when I boot it up with the recovery disk, it states "setup is checking system hardware configurations" but after that the screen goes blank. Any idea how to solve this in order for me to reload windows?

Anyone??? Please HELP!!!

A:Solved: Blank screen after "setup is checking hardware's configuration"

Please someone help Anyone????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-screen-after-setup-is-checking-hardwares-configuration.749131/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have an old dual core system which I bought about mths ago with win Has mhz dual core C drive gb space GB Ram -As it sluggish I installed XP after using UBCD to partition and used my laptop's XP slipstreamed CD with its drivers to install I do instal at stops your &quot;Setup is [SOLVED] hardware...&quot; inspecting XP not [SOLVED] XP instal stops at &quot;Setup is inspecting your hardware...&quot; have an original xp cd as it got damaged but have a [SOLVED] XP instal stops at &quot;Setup is inspecting your hardware...&quot; license and registered at Microsoft to enable Had a couple of driver Ethernet amp graphic problems but resolved Its now working smoothly As I have to send it away to my hometown for work use where people may not be expertised I have to give them a bootable CD in case of trouble So from my old xp cd saved on HDD I used imgburn to create a bootable CD following all parameters and needed to test Now when system starts cdrom first boot enabled it goes to quot Setup is inspecting your hardware quot screen and subsequently its just blank Could someone help as I need to resolve this

A:[SOLVED] XP instal stops at &quot;Setup is inspecting your hardware...&quot;

Quote:

used my laptop's XP slipstreamed CD with its drivers to install.

So, did you create an ISO image of your XP CD with IMGBurn? If so, it may not have gotten all of the files. Try it again.
Using an OEM XP CD from a different manufacturer is also a bad idea, as it loads drivers not specific to your hardware and may not load
But since your computer was Sluggish, I would expect that your HDD has some issues. Download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature and burn the image to CD with IMGBurn and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-instal-stops-at-and-quot-setup-is-inspecting-your-hardware-and-quot-888642.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When I try to install windows xp pro, it picks up the fact that the CD is in there, and it'll come up on the black screen and say: "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration" for maybe 20seconds, then that message disappears and it will sit there and do absolutely nothing...

Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Win XP host desktop running a wireless home network using a router hub I have successfully set up my laptop Win XP locate network cannot setup hardware Network wizard as a client and am attempting to set up Network setup wizard cannot locate network hardware my older desktop Win SE as a client I created the Network Setup floppy disk from the Win XP host When running this on the Win SE desktop an error is received that it cannot locate network hardware I know the network hardware is installed properly as I am able to access the internet and e-mail from the Win Se desktop I can successfully quot ping quot the Win XP desktop and the Win XP laptop from the Wn SE desktop Also I can see the directories I set up as quot shared quot on the Win SE desktop from both the Win XP Network setup wizard cannot locate network hardware desktop and laptop When I open the quot Network Neighborhood quot in Win SE the only icon listed is the quot Entire Network quot Clicking on this results in an error window quot Unable to browse the network The network is not accessible For more information look in the Help Index at the topic Network Troubleshooter Network setup wizard cannot locate network hardware quot which is no help btw The crazy thing is I had it working great sharing files and the printer on the host until I tried to set up a new printer During the installation it crashed and I can t quot see quot the host and the laptop from the Win SE desktop anymore I uninstalled and reinstalled the Bellsouth home networking software thinking that would fix it but it didn t The network hardware I am using is a Samsung Netopia b WLAN USB Adapter It was packaged with a WIRE router I recieved from Bellsouth after signing up for DSL and wireless home networking - FYI Thanks nbsp

A:Network setup wizard cannot locate network hardware

Is the Win98 machine directly connected to the router or is it a wireless connection? Could a firewall be the problem? Are all computers a member of the same workgroup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-setup-wizard-cannot-locate-network-hardware.440261/
Relevancy 41.71%

Yesterday, after Windows 7 updated and restarted I could no longer boot into Windows 7. I tried start repair several times, no luck. So I got out the recovery DVD's that I made when I purchased the laptop. Did what the directions told me to do and I received this message. I tried rebooting but no luck. What do I do next? I am also wondering if the Windows Update may have corrupted my BIOS or something. The laptop has had no problems for almost two years. It was running perfectly. The laptop works fine with my Mint Linux USB. Thanks for your help.

A:Windows Setup Could not Configure Windows on this computer's hardware

Take a look at those tutorials, than post back.

How to Run a Startup Repair in Windows 7
Startup Repair

How to Boot to the System Recovery Options in Windows 7
System Recovery Options

How to Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc
System Repair Disc - Create

How to Do a Repair Install to Fix Windows 7
Repair Install

How to Recover from an Infinitely Looping Startup Repair
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Try doing a restore.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344147-windows-setup-could-not-configure-windows-computers-hardware.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi!
I have a Dell Latitude D505 laptop. The hard drive died, so I am trying to replace it with a new 320 GB Western Digital hd. I do not have the Dell Restore disks, so I tried to use the Windows XP installation disk...and the problem occurred. I boot from said disk, and all I get is the message "Setup is inspecting your hardware configuration". And that's it!!! The installation doesn't go any further. BUT, if I remove the hard drive from the laptop, the setup works untill it has to let me know that it could not find the hard drive.

Also, I ran the diagnostic available by pressing F12, and it can find the hard drive, which passes the test.

How can I fix this problem? Any help will be very much appreciated!!!

A:Win XP setup stops at "inspecting the hardware"

Is the Windows XP disk at least SP1 or higher?
The Original XP RTM disk would not recognize a hard drive over 120gig.
The work around is to format and partition the hard drive to partitions of less the 120 gig.

Is it a retail disk or a OEM disk from another PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-setup-stops-at-inspecting-the-hardware-524561.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Guys

I'm having an issue while installing windows from a bootable USB drive. I have tried this with multiple images of windows 7 and i keep getting the same error namely "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this systems hardware".

How can i fix this issue

A:windows setup could not configure windows to run on this systems hardware

Where are you getting your Windows 7 ISO file from?

Use this program here to mount an ISO to a USB:

ISO to USB

Ensure to select the right settings lie NFTS and Bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f64/windows-setup-could-not-configure-windows-to-run-on-this-systems-hardware-996610.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I recently preformed a clean install on my Inspiron 5423. It seemed fine until I got aan error message -"Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" Does anyone have any suggestions?

-using (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) off a usb stick

A:Windows setup could not configure windows to run on this Hardware

Try running the Dell manufacturer's diagnostic tools.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/264202-windows-setup-could-not-configure-windows-run-hardware.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey I was recently using my computer when I got the message quot potentially harmful software detected quot I clicked the take action option but nothing happened So I turned off my tower and turned it back on It wouldn't get to the user sign in process It just cannot hardware? Windows Why? configure Windows setup to kept with it's blank screen So I've had a similar problem before so I reset my computer to factory condition Windows setup cannot configure Windows to hardware? Why? since I don't have anything vital on it I ran start up repair which worked fine I ran tests which worked fine and said it passed the entirety of the basic test I did a more specific hard-drive test and it passed that So I reset the computer to factory condition Windows setup cannot configure Windows to hardware? Why? and it goes well to that point But then it gets to the quot Setting up services quot part of the resetting your computer and it loads to installing services but then it will say quot Windows setup cannot configure Windows to this hardware quot or something to that affect Then I'll get a message saying quot Windows could not complete installation Restart instillation quot Windows setup cannot configure Windows to hardware? Why? And it'll go no further even when I reboot What's wrong If it helps I use an HP m Like I said I've had to restore to factory conditions before but I've never gotten this problem

A:Windows setup cannot configure Windows to hardware? Why?

The warning message sounds like a fake AV scan virus, trying to trick you into running it since it cannot get out of the webpage pop-up unless you run it.

You should have a good AV like free Microsoft Security Essentials with the Win7 Firewall kept up to date via Windows Updates. Relying on factory recovery to protect you is faulty because it can fail as it appears to have done.

If Factory Recovery fails when run from its partition on the HD at boot, your options are to boot the Recovery Disks you should have made when you set up the computer, or order them from Tech Support.

In the case of possible serious infection, I would wipe the HD first: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation. You can run this from a System Repair Disk which also should have been made earlier in case Win7 stops booting so you can repair from disk.

There is another option which is to use a Win7 installation DVD for your version to get a superior Clean Reinstall of the OS using the Product Key on the COA sticker attached to machine. This leaves out all of the Factory Bloatware and useless factory utilties which have much better versions in Win7 - this crapware is worst of all on HP's. Here are steps to get a perfect reinstall of just the Win7 OS: Reinstalling Windows 7

And here is the ISO to burn to DVD or write to flash stick using the tool below it: Official ISO Downloads Windows 7 Home Premium x64 English
Windows 7 USB-DVD Download Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200711-windows-setup-cannot-configure-windows-hardware-why.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Ive read the Instructions on how to setup XP to dual-boot with Vista...
However, im concerned (and someone mentioned it happened to them in the thread)
that when XP SETUP is finished with the TX part of setup and reboots PC to go into the
rest of setup (GUI XP SETUP)) it wont continue....?
is this right>? ive read elsewhere that if the partitions for XP are created in Vista that it wont boot into the rest of setup....

I could make the partition during XP setup if this will help?

thanks

A:Vista/XP Dual Boot - Will XP setup continue into GUI setup after reboot of 1st part.?

When I did my dual boot [using win2k / vista] I used an existing partition that was created by vista. No problem at all. It is a little more difficult than say installing win2k after xp however as long as you follow the instructions there are no problems.

As always make an image of your system before you start. This way if something does go wrong, it is a simple matter to restore the image and be back where you started from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-xp-dual-boot-will-xp-setup-continue-into-gui-setup-after-reboot-of-1st-part.596140/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everybody I got dell latitude d laptop with dead display and without os supposed to be XP sticker is intact Hunting for affordable good shape lcd panel will take a while so I made unattended cd with nlite and installed XP but external monitor didn't fire up I checked the installation with live CD and it looks like complete install so I got an idea that the install is lacking dell drivers file [SOLVED] extension setup in .exe Inject setup drivers own or with unattended particularly video driver nvidia fx go card Even more it's possibly lacking any video driver 'cause native display was disconnected So I have to somehow inject video driver and force setup to install it Then XP must fire up external monitor and then I can update all the drivers I read about winnt sif and OEM Drivers directory but that all about quot naked quot drivers like sys cat inf but the drivers I got from dell have also dll exe and other files but nvidia driver even has its own setup exe How to make XP setup to install such drivers during unattended setup

A:[SOLVED] Inject drivers with .exe extension or own setup file in unattended setup

Hi I 'am not entirely certain but this might help Customizing Unattended Setup
How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP
Talking Shop: Windows XP unattended installation | TechRepublic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-inject-drivers-with-exe-extension-or-own-setup-file-in-unattended-setup-664703.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Is there any info recorded anywhere in Windows Application - checksum?! at L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe setup.exe location that tells me the name of a setup file that ideally including it's path An executable can usually always be opened with -zip often like itunes revealing the executable internally to contain a collection of msi's Maybe info about the execution Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! of one of these is logged somewhere in which case with a bit more effort I think the 'origin' setup exe could be inferred I read that the journal records every file that's opened is this human-readable Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! Thinking Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! aloud I have about widi setup executables I obtained whilst trying to setup intel widi similar scenario with several other applications installed on various VHDs I'd like to purge my downloads gt gt setups folder but retain installation-media for important applications just in case So much info is installed during installation ie setup msi stuff as well as appdata of course surely something this simple must be possible somehow somewhere somebody Thinkin aloud nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/42452c57-579a-46d2-8168-61027ad63b15/application-setupexe-at-location-ldownloadssetupsnotbackedupsetupexe-checksum?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys amp Gals I ve been trying to get my Home XP SP desktop talking to my XP SP Laptop using tips gleemed from the threads in this forum My desktop does not require a sign-on My laptop is from work and requires sign-on to the work Domain I have put my Desktop into a workgroup of the same name as the laptop domain I have enabled file amp print sharing and added the laptop into my trusted Norton security zone on the Desktop I have shared folders on both machines I can see the Workgroup from my Laptop but not the desktop within it I can see the Domain from my setup? affect existing on Wizard Setup Solved: Network Running - Desktop but it times out if I try to drill further I cannot see my shared printer connected to the desktop from the laptop I can map from my laptop to desktop shared folder but not vice versa The only thing I haven t tried is to run the Network setup wizard on either the desktop or laptop Here s my question if I run that wizard on my laptop will it destroy my work network settings OR any other ideas what I Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup? should try to get each machine to see each other Thanks Hew nbsp

A:Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-network-setup-wizard-affect-on-existing-setup.450513/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have several Asus Eee netbooks that I'm getting set up to use at my school. I had some parent volunteers helping me get them ready to deploy, and one of the netbooks was plugged in to initially power it up, but then hard-shut-down before Windows could run through its initial setup.

Now when I boot up the netbook, and it attempts to go through the initial windows setup "Setup is starting services", and then throws an error message:
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.I restart, and the cycle continues. This happens whether I try to boot normally or in safe mode.

I've got no CD-drive attached to it, so I'm not sure what I can do to break this error cycle. Any suggestions/tools/ideas?

Thx,
Jeff

A:Win7 Starter getting error on initial setup; locked in setup loop

Not sure how you deployed them, but if Startup Repair doesn't help when run from System Recovery Options then I would redeploy the image or run Factory Recovery from its partition after backing up the disks.

If you don't have one and they are same hardware, simply backup one's image using Win7 backup imaging or free Macrium - Image your system then boot System Recovery options to Recover Using an Image from its external storage location which you have connected.

If they are not same exact hardware or Image hangs at startup, SysPrep the original before deploying to remove all drivers, activation, SID and HID's.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
System Image Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/190218-win7-starter-getting-error-initial-setup-locked-setup-loop.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm trying to install windows xp, after formatting, it goes thru the process of copying the xp files and automatically reboots. Now after rebooting, instead of this installation to continue, it just goes back to the same setup process again i.e right from the beginning again of wanting to format and repeating the same process again. It does not continue with the installation as it normally does. Xp disk is good. no problem with it.
One thing strange I noted is when booting with the XP disk in, it automatically goes thru with the XP setup without asking 'Click any key to boot from CD-Rom'
Any ideas to solve this? Thank you all in advance

A:Solved: Xp Installation: Setup-Formats-Copies files-reboots back to square 'A' Setup

The simple answer is a stuck key, or a faulty key signal. Could you post your system specs to give us a little more to go on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-installation-setup-formats-copies-files-reboots-back-to-square-a-setup.828616/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

I formated my hard drive with Fdisk and ran the 4 disk set of Windows 2K and it goes through set up till last screen and then says Setup is starting Windows 2000 and it freezes there.

Help

Relevancy 35.69%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

A:Random Hardware Remove/Hardware Insert sounds causing major problems

Hello Duke1401.
Could you please give details of any USB Devices you may have inserted?

Thanks,
Jordan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems-98688.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I m having some real issues with my Dell XPS and I m desperately seeking help I m running WinXP Pro and this Check - Call Solved: Vendor Parity HELP? Support Hardware - for Hardware Malfunction your pc is only about months old It has the original factory installed ram gig a gig hard drive and the processor is an Intel ViiV I Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check have been getting a blue error screen with Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check Vendor for Support - Parity Check Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check Memory Parity Error - System was halted that lasted for a few hours I had to hold the power button in for several seconds each time to shut it down I ran both the Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic tests as well as the Memtest each several times The results were always quot no memory errors quot I attempted a few times unsucessfully using the F key to reach the Acronis recovery partition I booted using my XP disk but was unable to re-install Windows would begin to load and then the blue screen with the same error message would occur Finally I was able to access the Acronis recovery manager and restore my pc but on reboot it began to run ChkDsk Now it keeps rebooting and running a new disk check over and over and over I have tried to cancel the ChkDsk using the keyboard but it keeps running I m at a loss as to what else if anything I can do besides ripping my hair out by the roots nbsp

A:Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check

UPDATE: I was waiting for the Dell hardware diagnostics test results to finish. It took several hours and basically the same result as the memory tests. No hardware failure, I'm thinking motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-hardware-malfunction-call-your-hardware-vendor-for-support-parity-check.653094/
Relevancy 35.69%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems.462910/
Relevancy 35.69%

So I decided to experiment with Raid on my i system to see if it had any impact on video encoding performance using two Gb Green Caviar WD HDD s Specifically I encoded a Mb AVI to DVD Unfortunately it took almost times longer over a single HDD setup Prior to this I installed Vista Ultimate non-Raid mode on different Gb HDD s and a Velociraptor and ran the same test above Keep in mind that the video file and the software were always on the Main Drive and there were no jumpers on any of them Here s A summary WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins Than Worse HDD Performs Raid Setup Setup Single 0 WD VelociRaptor Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Raid WD x Gb Green Caviar mins So is this AAM related causing such dramatic variations When I get home tonight I plan to run a program that s supposed to disable AAM nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

I mistakenly launched XP Setup and want to know how to stop it from progressing further I have another XP installed on another virtual disk Rebooting trying disk Setup remove setup logging on Corrupt XP from to another by from there allowed me delete the Setup files Or so I thought The main XP installation however continues to try to launch Setup Just about whatever I do it ends in tears My question is how do I stop XP on this disk from thinking it has to launch Setup I don t want to reinstall XP as that will involve a huge amount of work to recreate my environment Corrupt XP Setup trying to remove setup by logging on from another disk I am able to choose my operating system when I press F If I launch the corrupt system in safe mode or domain controllers everything appears to progress normally until the very end when the XP black desktop appears and just before the icons appear At that point I get the error message Windows XP cannot run under safe mode and I am asked to click OK to consult a log file The screen however is actually frozen at that point so I have to unplug the machine Otherwise if I launch in debugging mode or Last known good configuration m I get a message saying Setup will restart now and then Setup is being restarted while the usual XP installation logos start to appear e g An exciting new look etc Shortly afterwards I get An error that has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing Again the screen freezes so I need to unplug the machine I looked at the difference config and ini files and compared the Windows directories on both disks also looking for hidden files I looked at the log files setuplog txt refers to this command but I can t file neither the file nor the folder nor is the corrupt setting on D d xpsprtm base ntsetup syssetup syssetup c BEGIN SECTION Installing Windows NT setupact log The critical system information file K WINDOWS system winnt inf is corrupt or missing Any ideas very welcome Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

i can setup my d-link wired router with no probs but after i have done that then i need to do something in the windows control panel under the network connections icon i have no clue what to do there to complete the final step in networking my machines some nfo new machines with ethernet cards one is xp home and the other is xp pro all i want to do is make those machines use the same cable connection i dont want ics or print file sharing i have been told to set up the router then power cycle the devices and magically the machines will begin working but i refuse to fall into that lame trap i do format approx every - months so i will need to know how to do this so i can recover from that activity each machine has a network connection from its previous service - do i delete this - do i create a new one -must i disable delete leave alone original connection icon these are the many questions that i have and i have googled this and can pnl setup the - no router setup to ctrl windows prob...how not find any nfo as to what to do on the windows side after the router is setup help i have been trying to figure this out for approx router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl months and my hardware will be obsolete before i get it so i appeal for help mahalo and aloha nbsp

A:router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl

not sure the issue. but posting the result of the ipconfig /all on both computer may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-setup-no-prob-how-to-setup-the-windows-ctrl-pnl.383611/
Relevancy 35.26%

my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get stuck. Please help

A:my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get

Have you tried launching it in "Safe Mode"? That would be the first thing I would try, and see if it will load past that screen. If it does, then there is probably something installed on the device that is causing the problem and you will need to see about uninstalling it.

If it doesn't move past, and still gets stuck, you may have a hardware problem.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123113/acer-aspire-5740-laptop-stuck-ascer-screen-pressf2-enter-setup-press-shows-entering-setup.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Dear sir, I wanted to know if my NIC has HW support for PTPv2 protocol(IEEE 1588) and hardware time stamping . I also wanted more details on the network interface that i haveThank You in advance for any help 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Network-Interface-Card-has-the-hardware-support-for-Hardware/td-p/5742375
Relevancy 35.26%

Got an HP Envy CTO loaded at the time Quad core Radeon HD M etc Well the other day the thing blue screened but froze Which ... hardware malfunction preventing boot. System hardware during that process and the graphics glitches during that screen Corruption and blocks appeared and System hardware malfunction preventing boot. Which hardware ... disappeared I was forced to shut it down during the blue screen as something big wasn't working during the crash dump process it stood at Upon restart the unit screen doesn't turn on and no noises are made like beeps indicating an issue The Bluray makes its usual prep sounds it does at every start up It sits with a blank screen that doesn't even appear to be powered on The only other indicator is the caps lock key flashes a few times and goes off then flashes a few times and goes off repeating this sitting there What part likely died on this sucker CPU Dram Motherboard Graphics card How can I trouble shoot it if it doesn't power on While it sits there various LEDs on the keyboard are on as said Caps lock flashing Power LED on I think the wireless LED is on too The HP envy light on the hood is also on nbsp Coming here for tips because I do self repair No warranty I will purchase the required part and self install like I always do for my laptops

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-hardware-malfunction-preventing-boot-Which-hardware/td-p/5702270
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently purchased a refurbished HP 6005 with windows 7 Professional. On the initial boot up I got to the windows setup screen asking for the country/language. It was at this point the power was disrupted and restarted the computer. Every time I tried to run windows the computer would restart. I also tried in safe mode which did not work. I then went into system restore mode to try that but am not able to complete because I get the restore error message 'Error 1'. Unfortunately I only have the product key and not the actual disc since i bought refurbished. Any suggestions on how to complete the setup so I can use my computer?

A:Power was disrupted during setup and now unable to setup.

According to the Troubleshooting Guide, you can restore to factory new state:

Quote:
Press the F11 key at startup to boot into the recovery partition
and run a factory restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/365283-power-disrupted-during-setup-now-unable-setup.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have just finished moving my OS from a 3TB hard drive to an SSD. I now have 2 matching drives that I would like to set up as a RAID array. A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to backup the data that will be on the RAID before setting it up and then move it back once it has been setup?

2. Do I format them before I go into the RAID setup utility or does that utility do it for me?

3. Will the RAID just appear as a single drive letter on my system?

4. Evidently I have the choice between RAID0 (for performance) and RAID1 (for redundancy). I hhave an extensive back up scheme in place so is there any reason not to use RAID0?

I know that I enable the RAID in the BIOS and then there is a place in the boot sequence to get into the RAID setup.

A:RAID Setup - Alienware - A few setup questions?

What are you hoping to get out of a RAID0 setup? If you have User data on the hard drive, such as movies, music, documents, pics, etc....there is no need for RAID0. Hard drives are more than fast enough for that kind of data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298981-raid-setup-alienware-few-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 34.4%

All:

When I reboot my laptop, I get a message that new hardware has been found, however, I do not have anything attached to the laptop. How can I get rid of those anoying messages?
Thanks!!!

Relevancy 34.4%

Let me put this way I have a medium-ranged machine that can support pretty much all bad Cause hardware acting Good Unknown like hardware. major applications and games out there With the exception of those high-end games that have recently released However for some unknown reason there have been games in wich i have had a few issues Here s what s constantly happening - Whenever i look at more graphically detailed areas in certain games the entire response time slows down The game runs slow basically And of course if i move my mouse to areas that are not as detailed it all responds flawlessly Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause during those few seconds - And now for the strangest part Whenever i m in servers with alot of people the issues mentioned above tend to happen very frequently and of course when i m in Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause servers with - people or so Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause the issues mentioned above never happen I have no idea why this has been happening I Cleaned my computer properly I do virus checks every now and then I have recently de-fraged my Hard Drive I Clean up cookies temporary files etc Here s what i think It most certainly isn t the graphics card s problem as even when i put my settings in games all on the lowest ones possible this includes resolution I still have the issues mentioned above But that s just a guess I m not sure what could be doing this CPU maybe The fact that my Computer s drive is nearly at it s maxed capacity I tend to install alot of things could a nearly filled hard-drive be causing this Internet Connection I m running out of answers Would a complete Hard-Drive Format help Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everybody :

I've been looking at some hardware for my computer...as spare parts. I need some advice. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard, that uses an Intel Core i3 processor LGA 1155 , Corsair 2Gb (takes two chips) DDR3 PC10600 1333Mhz. I purchased all this around the same time.....July 2013. The computer is still functioning okay (a few "bumps" here and there). Usually, under, at least, fair conditions, how long SHOULD the memory last? Before it goes bad ? And the same question for the processor ? I'd like to be able to get some spare parts, just in case. In a last case scenario, I would probably have to do it all over again.......the MOBO, Processor and memory.
garystan

A:Computer Hardware [moved to Hardware>Building]

RAM and Processors don't wear out or fail due to time. RAM can fail for many reasons but if it is currently functioning there's no reason it won't continue to run forever. Things that could kill ram are failing power supply, voltage issues on the motherboard, power surges, static charges, etc. Processors are even more resilient. If the processor is run withing specified parameters it will run forever.

It's much more likely for a hard drive to fail. Motherboards can fail for many of the same reasons that RAM can fail. In all my time building and using computers, I've never had RAM fail or a CPU fail but I have had motherboards or components of the board fail and certainly hard drives have failed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/computer-hardware-1070970.html
Relevancy 33.54%

ok I am TOTALLY at a loss - almost even for words here - recently I was going to try out Avast and so I installed it decided I didn't like it setup! trying won't setup.exe avast stop to and so uninstalled it Nice amp normall right Oh how wrong I was Ever since then every time I restart my computer I get this dialog box - it's the Avast Setup Program trying to setup again and again and again The weird thing is I don't know where it's getting its avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! info from I deleted the downloaded setup pkgquite some time ago and have checked avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! in the Program Files folder for a shell nothing there The worst part about the situation is avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! now I am constantly also getting errors in almost every other program on my system Runtime errors missing codecs that I KNOW for a fact are there and up to date my taskbar suddenly vanishing ohohoh pleasepleaseplease help me it driving me utterly BATTY No wait I think it's actually FLYING me there Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup!

Generally speaking, all of the anti virus programs have uninstall tools that you have to use to get rid of them completely. So you might want to go to the Avast website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216711/avast-setupexe-wont-stop-trying-to-setup/
Relevancy 33.54%

re Setup of WIN I had noticed that when i start my gb win98 setup? & re: setup cdrom HD the one w win and ALL my re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? other s ware on it it will NOT recognized the SCSI CDROM after realizing that NO CDROM has been properly installed I then started my PC with the WIN bootdisk where it loaded the drivers to enable the CDROM to function Now that I have C gb Hdrive D ramdrive and E CDROM that is how my PC is setup now Here is the question when re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? I run WIN setup from the E cdrom it comes to the Windows re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? setup welcome screen IF I click on continue will it overwrite my data on my HD OR will it recognize that data exists there I need to know basically how can I make the CDROM letter stay if I clcik on continue would it posssibly clean up my registry so that it is NOT as cluttered as it is or will that come from a re-install of the software thks once again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-cdrom-setup-win98-setup.175714/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi.
i am trying to install windows office 2007 but after a minute from start of installation ,it popup dialog box saying setup can not find setup.exe file and say browse valid installation source and click ok.
I don't know whats happening.I have just formated my c drive and installed fresh copy of windows xp.
here is image of error message.
please help me what to do?
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29005582dv8.jpg

A:error:setup can not find setup.exe

You should purchase a legal copy of Office

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-setup-can-not-find-setup-exe.763894/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to install Windows XP Pro onto my machine as a dual boot operating system, it will enter the txt portion of the setup but not gui mode after the restart. I've tried to make a new partition on my hard drive, reset my bios, change boot order, everything I can think of to no avail. I've searched the forums and couldn't find any real help.

Any suggestions?

A:Win XP Setup will not enter GUI mode setup

Just got off work, thought I'd include more information. My current main OS is Windows 7, when I hit Enter to go into GUI setup mode, the screen goes to black, no cursor, no blinking underscore, just blank. I remove the cd and when I try to boot into the XP OS I get the hal.dll error or the missing/corrupt file error. So I load into Windows 7 to check the partition out and see that there is no ntldr, no ntdetect, and no boot.ini (assuming this is all installed in the gui portion of the setup)

Still baffled with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-setup-will-not-enter-gui-mode-setup-426558.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Every time I boot it goes to setup mode then gets a fatal error and restarts after Error Setup Setup Incomplete -- leaving me unable to Incomplete Setup after Setup Error even access files Problems started when I tried to install SP on my Windows system There was a problem that gave me a blank screen with cusor visible at the end of boot up Safe Mode worked OK and from there I used my Windows Pro Upgrade CD to try to reintall the operating system After the restart during setup it asks me to put the Windows Pro CD in the drive but it cannot find i NT cat I originally upgraded from Windows but that installation CD does not satisfy it either This is a fatal error and gives no options except to restart the computer Upon restart it goes back into setup gets the error and restarts -- a deadly loop Safe Mode does the same thing If I cannot repair this I would at least like to get my data files off of it From the Repair Console mode I cannot access My Documents getting an quot Access Denied quot error I would like to avoid removing the drive and making it a slave on another system So my three ascending goals are Save the files in My Documents Get out of Setup mode so I can at least go to Safe Mode and run the system Repair all problems and get back to a working system Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incomplete-setup-after-setup-error.580992/
Relevancy 33.54%

I was having problems with my Maple Story, so I un-installed and re-downloaded the program. However, when I tried to open the setup wizard, it gave me the error:

Error reading setup initialization file

I looked online for troubleshooting solutions, and I have so far found two options:

-Re-download because the error could be the result of a failed download that wasn't identified when the file was downloaded.

-Find and delete old files that could be stopping the file from being reaad properly.

I need help with the second solution, as in how I search for those files. Also, any other solutions for this problem would be much appreciated.

A:"Error reading setup initialization file" for Maple Story Setup

test reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-setup-initialization-file-for-maple-story-setup.538652/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello after I rebooted my computer something odd happened Windows said that new hardware was found when I didn t do anything to the computer I can t install no but hardware New added help. Hardware please new Found drivers for this thing because I have no idea what it is Looking at the device manager I see that it says its listed as PCI Input Device amd the properties for it states PCI Slot PCI bus device function This device is not configured correctly Code The Device Manager also has another device listed as an error the port of my Sound Blaster Audigy Card The properties of the Net Adapter states This device cannot start Code This device used New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help. to be working perfectly before the new PCI Input Device was found and oddly its name has changed It used to be called quot Net Adapter quot but now its name is quot New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help. Net Adapter quot as if I took out the old one and added a new one Does anyone know what is going on I haven t done anything to this computer and now these problems show up Thanks Hank nbsp

A:New Hardware Found but no new hardware added please help.

Does anybody know what's going on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hardware-found-but-no-new-hardware-added-please-help.369102/
Relevancy 33.54%

guys does the hardware needed for networking :
NIC's and router.

do the job of connecting to the internet also?
if not what other hardware is needed cause i wanna network(2 pc's) and use internet .

A:Network hardware does the job for internet hardware?

You need an ISP (Internet Service Provider), and a link to your site. How the ISP provides the connection is determined by what kind of service you have, probably a broadband modem of some sort. If you already have broadband Internet, you have equipment to connect to the Internet.

Please tell us make/model of any existing equipment, and we'll go from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-hardware-does-the-job-for-internet-hardware.536378/
Relevancy 33.54%

ok the specs of the machine are AMD athlon xp mb is a gigabyte vt -rz mb ram in the last slots watt psu a maxtor gig hdd a cdrw lite on and a cdrom only the floppy cdrom and hard drive are hooked up all on there own cable with only one device on each the cdrw is failing to read disks at the moment although it worked earlier today ok the problem comes in when I try to fdisk the drive I have jumpered it to master and cable select both only let me see gigs of the gig drive to fdisk if I say I dont want the maximum it says it has gigs but I can only fdisk gigs though there are no other partitions the first time I fdisked hardware possible from issue...[moved hardware] it showed all gigs but since then it only shows possible hardware issue...[moved from hardware] or depending on what I am doing atm the hdd has the dos system files on so it can boot but that is all any suggestions would be great Derrick

A:possible hardware issue...[moved from hardware]

just curious how is this an win XP issue when I am not even getting to the point of installing?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-hardware-issue-moved-from-hardware-177370.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I m facing hardware Video video stop working with Error-A ur Windows problem Hardware to caused this video hardware error from last week in my HP G Tx Video Hardware Error-A problem with ur video hardware caused Windows to stop working Laptop Laptop Cooling fan is working Ok Video Hardware Error-A problem with ur video hardware caused Windows to stop working no Abnormal sound I have installed TechPowerUP GPU Z to check GPU Temperature Min Temp - gt degree centigrade Avg Temp- gt degree centigrade Max Tamp - gt degree centigrade I m attaching follwing file WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton AntiVirus Updated and Enabled Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP B C F BCP FC B BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product nbsp

A:Video Hardware Error-A problem with ur video hardware caused Windows to stop working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-hardware-error-a-problem-with-ur-video-hardware-caused-windows-to-stop-working.1094642/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop using Windows XP and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking up too much space Now I can install it but when I try to run the actual game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error with to setup"?? adapter your "Try standard running setup before driver a VGA display and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment about "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

You most likely need to get the mobile graphics driver. You can get it at.

http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.689317/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking display setup a VGA to adapter "Try driver standard with setup"?? your before running up too much space Now I can install it but when I "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? try to run the actual "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? about someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.688711/
Relevancy 31.82%

last week, my windows 10 upgraded laptop always gets not responding, then i decided to format my laptop and reinstall windows 7, when i was copying my important files to data d, suddenly it crashed then stucks at the start up loading, then i tried to do the automatic repair and just reset it, then when i waited for 9 or more hours, it was stuck at 95% done, then crashed again, then after that crash, the automatic repair cannot do anything, so i took my bootable usb with windows 7 starter setup, then i tried to install the windows 7 and now it's stuck at "setup is starting" please help, and note that i don't have any access to other pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390964-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys, wonder if anyone could shed some light on my issue please?
I am trying to reinstall XP SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, as it would not boot up correctly and hang. I tried initially to repair the installation from the Disk, but setup would load all the drivers and when it gets to the "Setup is starting windows" everything stops and just hangs.
I have a copy of unbuntu and i could boot to that off the live CD, and could browse the HDD contents. I then used the partition manager thing in unbuntu and made the disk one partition (thinking the partitions were screwed and opted to try to start from scratch!) This however has not cured the problem, and now im out of ideas... other than trying to install unbuntu only to prove the HDD isnt knackered!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance

Gaz

A:Setup Hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

Did you finally get it to load? I am having the same problem..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-windows-263915.html
Relevancy 31.82%

WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting" in my acer aspire...........and waited for 1 hour and finally went to partition drivers ........ i pressed next and i am stuck at Copying Windows Files (0%)........and finally after half an hour...it came.................."Windows could not format a partition on disk 0.The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation.Error code:0x80070057"........................What should i do now????????? previously it would run windows 7 ultimate x64 bit..............one day........these was an unexpected shutdown..........and when i tried to start it again........it showed that repair your operating system..............i think my problem is i am now trying to install windows 7 ultimate(x32 bit).......if i am wrong.........help me in any other way please????????????? thankzz in advance.......

A:WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting"

Could you take all the ............
????????????? and out of you post so it can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376544-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I started an upgrade for xp pro part way through the install I got a message "WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe" no found I pressed enter then got another message "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe" ; setup abort!" now each time I reboot it starts to load xp then gives me the same message then press enter it then reboots.
can any body help?

A:problem with xp pro upgrade "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe"

What were you upgrading? Sounds like you need to do a clean install and possibly your cd or your cd drive is shot or just dirty.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-xp-pro-upgrade-fake-setup-call-himself-instead-original-setup-exe.523986/
Relevancy 31.39%

Since recently acquiring my new er computer I have had a quot safely remove hardware quot icon in the task tray that I cannot remove or get to operate successfully I have attached screen capture shots of the windows that appear when I attempt to remove this quot hardware quot and the icon The upshot of the problem is that whenever I ve attempted to quot stop quot the hardware I always get a message saying quot The device cannot be stopped now Try stopping the device again later The device which you can see in the attached screen shots is described as quot generic volume quot with what appears to be some form of identification number If or (safely hardware) remove Cannot taskbar associated hardware icon remove anyone can tell me what this little rascal is and or how I can remove it and the icon from the taskbar I d appreciate it P Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware S - I ve newly learned that this quot device quot with it s Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware icon in the system tray is the hard drive by comparing the associated ID indicated in the quot properties quot window with the hard drive in the device manager window I certainly don t want to remove the hard Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware drive but does anyone know why an icon for this device would appear in the taskbar or know how to remove the icon only nbsp

A:Cannot remove taskbar (safely remove hardware) icon or associated hardware

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-remove-taskbar-safely-remove-hardware-icon-or-associated-hardware.760199/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello On occasion over the past days my Windows -Win k machine has had some wierd output on the screen when it boots up It looks like bad Satelight reception This happens before Win k boots up so I know it is not a OS thing also because I did a system wipe The only other time this happend to me was when I got my Win machine and had to send it back The Win Possible failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help failure?! please+hardware hardware box had a intergrated AGP built into motherboard card so I had to send the entire Possible hardware failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help please+hardware failure?! thing I tried my screen on my Win machine with the monitor and it works fine every time My system is new The parts were sitting around for a long while but they we not removed from the boxes a few times but that was over months ago What could be the possible problem s I don t have much money to work with so what should I do Help TY nbsp

A:Possible hardware failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help please+hardware failure?!

You might try re-seating your video card. AGP cards tend to be a bit tricky; even a small point of non-contact can create havoc. If you have access to another video card, you can try swapping video cards and see if the problem goes away. I suppose cable connections are also a possibility, although I have never seen the symptoms you describe with a loose cable.

Are you able to boot into Windoze (sorry, I couldn't tell for sure from your post)? If so, any video-related problems there?

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-hardware-failure-screen-mobo-videocard-help-please-hardware-failure.71356/
Relevancy 30.96%

How can I get rid of the annoying, failed xp reinstall, setup option on boot.?

Relevancy 30.96%

nbsp I AM TRYING TO SETUP A RAID MIRROR ON MY NEW MACHINE ENVY DESKTOP - SE CTO nbsp I HAVE SETUP SETUP TO HOW RAID 1 WENT INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE FORM AHCI TO RAID nbsp I HAVE ADDED THE SECOND HARD DRIVE BOTH DRIVES ARE SEAGATE TB SATA nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED THE IRST INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE I DOWN LOADED FROM INTEL WEB SITE VERSION WHERE IS THE CREATE RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP A VOLUME CHOICE nbsp nbsp nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED A FRESH WINDOWS PRO X AND LOADED THE RAID DRIVER I CAN ADD A MIRROR OF THE C BUT CAN NOT BOOT FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK LOOKS LIKE NO BOOT UP INFORMATION IS ON THE DISK WHERE ARE THE OTHER TWO BLUE SECTIONS THAT ARE ON DISK AND NOT ON DISK I WAS THINKING THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME WHEN U CREATE A RAID MIRROR nbsp nbsp nbsp WHY ARE THE VOLUME CHOICES BELOW GRAYED OUT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I CAN NOT BOOT UP FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK WHEN I UNPLUG DISK JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF DISK HAD A FAILURE nbsp nbsp CAN ANY BODY HELP ME OUT TO UNDERSTAND THIS nbsp

A:RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP

@Big_Dave? wrote a RAID tutorial on this hardware subject.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/RAID-1-SETUP-HOW-TO-SETUP/td-p/5587859
Relevancy 30.96%

Like an idiot, I dropped my laptop the other day. It kept working at first, but crashed a couple of hours later. Now, when I boot-up, I get the following error message:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32/Drivers/Ntfs.sys. You can attempt to repari this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."​
I've inserted the setup CD (in an external CD-Rom drive, since my laptop doesn't have its own drive). But for some reason, setup won't start, and I keep coming back to the above error message. How do I start setup?

I'm running XP Home.

Relevancy 30.96%

REMOVED FROM WEBSITE

Regards,
alienware

A:Hardware and Hardware OS Compatibility

Who is your target audiance for that?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236486-hardware-hardware-os-compatibility.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Dear Sirs I keep getting the new hardware wizard at start up I downloaded the Hijack this and attached is the log I hope you can help the New Hardware calls itself pcdr driver I hae run the norton spyware detector the xoft spy detector spyware begone as well as the zonelabs All spies detected were deleted new wizard I new have no but hardware hardware however the problem still persists Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT system new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware spoolsv exe C WINNT System cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT system cidaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NAVW EXE C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dslstart verizon net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKCU Run Spyware Begone quot C spywarebegone SpywareBeGone exe quot -FastScan O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINNT System msjava dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINNT System Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for bcf C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPBelv dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF C - E - D - - ED Support com ActionRunner Class - http help rr com Foundrysdccommon ad tgctlar cab O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site I ve HS live cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http support gateway com support p PCPitStop CAB O - DPF - B- D - EAC- C D CF iPIX ActiveX Control - http www ipix com viewers ipixx cab O - DPF D - A - D - E- C DA A E AimSp Class - http makeover substance com save makeover cab O - DPF F F C E- F - BC- D- C FE LSSupCtl Class - https www-secure symantec com tech l LSSupCtl cab O - DPF F -AB - A - D- F D A ChainCast VMR Client Proxy - http downloads ccpm cab O - DPF E- - F -B E- CD A C C ICSScannerLight Class - http download zonelabs com bin free cm ICSCM cab O - DPF B CD - E - D - ... Read more

A:new hardware wizard but I have no new hardware

FYI : Spyware Begone - is rogueware or known to be rogureware in the past. http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

This may be a question for the Windows Forum????

Perform an online scan in Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
Click on the Scan your PC button & a 'pop up' window shall appear. * ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click On 'Scan Now'
Enter your e-mail address & click 'Scan Now' ...begins downloading Panda's ActiveX controls.- 8MB
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer
* You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report. Click on see report
Then click Save report
Post the contents of the report in your next reply
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-hardware-wizard-but-i-have-no-new-hardware-73256.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I was sitting idle on Saturday evening and this thought came in my mind. In what ways PC hardware is different from MAC?

I am aware that Apple makes their software compatible with their hardware and they mostly use other companies hardware in their machines. Then, what is the reason why Mac is soooo expensive as compared to Windows? also, how MAC is able to provide such an amazing OS?

A:In what way mac hardware differs from PC hardware?

The base system of an Apple computer is the same basic system as a PC, and since they stopoped using Motorola CPUs and started using Intel platforms there is practically no difference in the hardware.

Amazingly (to folks like me) their newest systems are consistently older in terms of hardware (CPU) platform.

They get a (significant) premium for their brand. People are willing to fork over almost double the money to obtain the real (and somewhat perceived) benefit of a problem and (relatively) maintenance free system.
Apple computers achieve their stability because they are a closed system. You cannot (easily) modify the system or the "BIOS", and the operating system is designed only to run in that strict environment. There is not an awful lot you can do to tweak and reconfigure an Apple OS. If someone hasn't written an Apple approved program to do what you want then you just can't do it.

PC's by design are highly user configurable. The Windows operating system is also extremely configurable, being capable of running on thousands of different PC hardware configurations, running thousands of different specialized, independently produced programs, etc. This complexity and configurability comes at a price: more user maintenance and knowledge needed.

People are willing to pay a lot more to avoid doing any work, or to have to learn anything about computers. Windows has always been the SUV of computer systems. Mac has always been more like a 2-seater sports car.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290738-what-way-mac-hardware-differs-pc-hardware.html