Windows Support Forum

Constant DNS Server disconnects?

Q: Constant DNS Server disconnects?

Hey for the ongoing week I been gaming, as usual and I keep getting these events in the log

Name resolution for the name launcher.worldofwarcraft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

And of course other programs as well

Lost internet, I have to flush my dns and do a ipocnfig release and renew before it works again.

Can I get a resolution?
it does this 3+ times a day, even reset my router, still no good.

Using roadrunner

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Constant DNS Server disconnects?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Constant DNS Server disconnects?

Can you please run the tools below on the machine with the issues as admin please. Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue. Make sure the following options are checked:Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows Update Press "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please COPY AND PASTE the log to your reply. Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it. Checkmark following boxes: Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Devices (problems only) Click Go and copy AND PASTE the result.Download Adware Cleaner run it as admin Click the delete button allow it to run and post the log it creates.http://general-changelog-team.fr/fr/downloads/finish/20-outils-de-xplode/2-adwcleaner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465755/constant-dns-server-disconnects/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys! I am in my own house where internet shows 3-5 bars most of the time (in pretty much the most remote room from the router) but I keep getting disconnected every 5-15 minutes. Windows (7) says it's a DNS error whenever I troubleshoot, but this doesn't happen to any other computer. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all! I recently had a virus and I think it messed up my internet connection settings somehow and my internet now disconnects every 40-50 seconds almost like clockwork every time so I'm thinking it could be one of 3 things, the virus could still be around after me scanning my comp with nearly every program known to man and that could be causing it or the settings need adjusted or windows is just damaged beyond repair. I've tried almost everything and this is my last try for help before I just reformat, I've tried all the connection repair programs none worked and I've tried manually adjusting settings and still no luck. So please could someone help me fix this?

A:Constant disconnects plz help!

what kind of connection are you using, a few ISP's now will disconnect users if they have a virus in their computer, i believe its cable companies doing this in some areas - have you contacted your ISP about the problem to see what they say. this is just one possibility.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381579/constant-disconnects-plz-help/
Relevancy 59.34%

So our family switched to new provider internet (BT Infinity or something) . Everyone in family happy except me. Because i'm the only one who uses PC not laptop. And because I'm using PC i am using Ethernet Cable. My mom and sister uses laptops so they use wireless internet and have no complain like me disconnecting from the internet every 2 mins.

The problem: I'm browsing a website, all of a sudden i disconnect from network and i get that red network icon, 2-3 seconds then it switches to yellow, and like after 5 seconds i have internet again. But these disconnect happens like every 2-5mins. While posting this i was disconnected from the internet like 4 times make that 5 times.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68956-constant-disconnects.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am running Windows Home Premium SP and am using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller network adapter About a week ago my desktop started constantly disconnecting from my wired internet connection I have a LAN connection to a Verizon router Constant Disconnects! Network This issue is only effecting my desktop and not any of the other computers or devices on the network I have already attempted to solve this issue through about three days of research which yielded no answers I reformatted my HDD and reinstalled windows which solved the problem temporarily Today about five days since the reformat the disconnect problem has returned nbsp Before I started changing my computer settings my event logs showed quot The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control The reason specified Constant Network Disconnects! was x Operating System Network Connectivity Planned quot I have since disabled the TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service along with the computer browser service I have also changed the settings for my network adapter and my Constant Network Disconnects! SIPS settings None of these changes have solved the issue nbsp I have also done full reboots on my desktop and router flushed my dns cache and released renewed my lease These failed to solve the issue either nbsp Out of curiosity I booted my computer in safe mode with networking After about an hour of stressing the internet connection there were no disconnects I also ran a complete system virus and malware scan using Symantec Endpoint Protection which yielded no results After reading some other forum posts I did tests with MiniToolBox by Farbar The results are listed below MTB MiniToolBox by Farbar nbsp Version - - Ran by Ryan administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Ryan Desktop quot Microsoft Windows Home Premium nbsp Service Pack X Model MS- Manufacturer MSI Boot Mode Normal IP Configuration Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Local Area Connection Connected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration nbsp nbsp Host Name Juggernaut nbsp nbsp Primary Dns Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Node Type Hybrid nbsp nbsp IP Routing Enabled No nbsp nbsp WINS Proxy Enabled No nbsp nbsp DNS Suffix Search List fios-router home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp fios-router home nbsp nbsp Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller nbsp nbsp Physical Address - A- B- D- - nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe a d a c b Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp IPv Address Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Subnet Mask nbsp nbsp Lease Obtained Thursday August PM nbsp nbsp Lease Expires Friday August PM nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp DHCP Server nbsp nbsp DHCPv IAID nbsp nbsp DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- F-B -A - - A- B- D- - nbsp nbsp DNS Servers nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap fios-router home nbsp nbsp Media State Media disconnected nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp fios-router home nbsp nbsp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - - - - - -E nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - - - - - -E nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp IPv Address cf c c a f fe Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe c a f fe Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Server nbsp FIOS Quantum Gateway fios-router home Address nbsp Name nbsp nbsp google com Addresses nbsp f b nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL R... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c858cc67-41d2-4894-b539-24fb4e9c4471/constant-network-disconnects?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.48%

I keep getting disconnect from the internet about every 10-15 minutes.

I had a tech from cableone come over yesterday he installed all new wiring and a new modem.

how can i tell if it's my computer that is the problem or if it's just a service i need to get rid of?

Relevancy 58.48%

...I have a network set up with a Linksys router.
The internet goes in and out. Sometimes only out for a few seconds othertimes minutes. Then it comes back on and works fine for awhile before doing the same thing.

What are the probable 'causes slash solutions for this?

A:Constant Internet Disconnects...

Are you wired to the router or using wireless? Do you have sp3 installed on xp? Are you on dsl and forgot to put the filters on the phones? Could be many things. Give us some info.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/constant-internet-disconnects-307220.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am having an internet connection issue with one of my home pc s I use DSL have pc s in the home and a router The other pc s are perfectly fine and have no internet connection issues The pc in question is disconnects pc on windows a Constant running Windows XP SP I use Ventrilo for communications and play video games on this pc Constant disconnects on a windows pc Usually between minutes and hours my ventrilo connection and video game connection will all disconnect at the same time I try many things to re-establish the connection but all fail Rebooting always works I ve used PC Doctor to do a test of my network card and it passes I have removed my network connections and allowed Windows to auto detect them I have defrag d my hard drive updated Windows etc I have ensured the network card does not use any power save option nor does my pc My anti-virus software Norton expired on but I still use it and it detects no problems I created a HijackThis report which is below Any assistance would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD c Program Files HP B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray e... Read more

Relevancy 58.48%

My home internet CONSTANTLY keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at random intervals It seems like it is fine for a while a couple hours or so then I get disconnected times within minutes As I wrote this it actually went out again However the browsers I have open continue to work but any new ones I open don t work I have tried resetting my router and modem many times and changing all Random Disconnects Constant the cords etc The disconnects happen regardless of wireless or wired on multiple computers laptops I reset my router back to factory settings but the disconnects still happen Updated all drivers and firmware for the router dlink WBR- I ve tried flushing the DNS and using alternative DNS servers Such as OpenDNS The problems with my internet have been happening for quite a while but have worsened Constant Random Disconnects recently I am completely at a loss of what to do I think I have narrowed the problem down to one of three things A faulty modem faulty wiring in the house or a problem with the ISP itself OS Vista Any help would be greatly appreciated ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daman-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek Extensible b g Wireles s Device Physical Address - - - - C-CE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F-BC- - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D B B- A - - C - D br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB -D - -B - F D BF br DBA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I recently got a new router for my wireless network. Shortly after installing it, I'd notice that it would constantly disconnect in small spurts and then reconnect. Any idea what might be causing this?

Relevancy 58.48%

hi i ve been having problems with my internet randomly dissconnecting not raly sure if this is isp related virus or disconnects avg nothing constant finds the fact that my rat bit through my old phone line which fryed the modem i replace t he modem with another the same and have tried another one and i ts no better i dont use a router hope i ve followed constant disconnects avg finds nothing the instruction corrctly hijack this log file Logfile constant disconnects avg finds nothing of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Multimedia Keyboard PS USBKbdDrv exe C Program Files VisualTooltip VisualToolTip exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Styler Styler exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files LClock LClock exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe C DOCUME MIKE LOCALS Temp C - F- EEC-B -C BEA DAE sidebar exe C Documents and Settings M I K E Desktop Tools HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windowsxlive net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windowsxlive net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - Toolbar StylerToolBar - D F F - B- EA - FA -A D E F - C Program Files Styler TB StylerTB dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKLM Run WireLessKeyboard C Program Files Multimedia Keyboard PS USBKbdDrv exe O - HKLM Run VisualTooltip C Program Files VisualTooltip VisualToolTip exe O - HKLM Run Vista Sidebar C Program Files Vista Sidebar sidebar exe O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Styler C Program Files Styler Styler exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run Sony Ericsson PC Suite quot C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe quot startoptions O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RunDLL exe NvMCTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NVIDIA nTune quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneCmd exe quot clear O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Microsft Security Monitor Process mssmpp exe O - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files L... Read more

A:constant disconnects avg finds nothing

It's likely the rat bit more than one place. That would explain the sporadic disconnects.

Log appears clean but let's do a perfuntory scan

Using Internet Explorer, visit http://www.kaspersky.com/service?chapter=161739400

Answer Yes, when prompted to install an ActiveX component. The program will then begin downloading the latest definition files.
Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Locate the Scan Settings button & configure to: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:Extended

Scan Options:Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases
Click OK & have it scan My Computer
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/constant-disconnects-avg-finds-nothing-163090.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've only been having this problem recently and it's seriously driving me up the wall and I'm about to throw this laptop out the window I play online games and I've never had a problem with anything but just Constant Internet disconnects recently every - minutes I'll get disconnected from the game I thought this was a Constant Internet disconnects game problem and contacted the GMs for support but as I was waiting for a reply my whole internet started glitching up Over the next few days every single program I had connected to the internet started disconnecting and the disconnects were getting longer and more frequent First my game Rohan Online would disconnect now its Rohan and Ventrilo Then Rohan Vent and Trillian Now even Firefox won't work It's not my ISP because my crappy desktop works without a problem I asked several people I know who are computer savvy bout what to do and I did the following things I started my comp in safe mode and ran a virus scan with AVG free edition It found nothing I did a system restore to about a month ago it didn't fix the problem and actually made my comp run slower so I restored it back to before the system restore Now my comp has fragments of old files I had deleted before but somehow got half-restored in the restore I think I just got the last of them out again like Avast My computer is still running slower than it was before Constant Internet disconnects the system restore and I'm still disconnecting only now it's every few minutes and things like vent are pinging at when before they pinged at I can't play my game because I disconnect from it as soon as I log in and Trillian goes out every few moments I restarted my computer after ousting certain fragments of programs and when it started up again Constant Internet disconnects it wouldn't start up and would freeze at the screen that has the vista logo I force restarted and tried to pull it up in safe mode and it froze again at the screen that shows all the drivers being loaded Again I had to force restart because it wasn't doing anything after minutes This time the computer loaded but it took minutes to get to the log in screen and after logging in I'm still disconnecting every - minutes now I have no idea if this is a bug or if it's hardware or what but please I need help This is extremely frustrating and I don't know what to do anymore

A:Constant Internet disconnects

Hi. . .

Run the Vista System File Checker/repair utility:
START type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe uner Programs above | run as admin | type the following:

sfc /scannow

There is no min/max time for this to run.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/constant-internet-disconnects-283950.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I had a post below which was a different problems with not connecting to the internet at all. My problem is my WLAN just disconnects at random times after that I have to hit connect several times and it well eventually reconnect.

I would like to also point out that my brothers laptop does not have any problems with the router.

windows 7 HP 64bit

wireless card
ATHEROS AR9285 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter driver version 8.0.0.316

Router
NETGEAR WNDR3400 Firmaware Version V1.0.0.38_16.0.48

A:Constant WLAN Disconnects

Are you running any bittorrent or p2p software?
My experience is many wireless routers don't like the massive number of simultaneous connections they make and will result int he type of behavior you are talking about.

If this is the case setting the client to use fewer connections may fix it.
This could also be a firewall issue since it's not affecting other machines on the network.
Kind of stabbing in the dark here as I don't know much specific about your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165884-constant-wlan-disconnects.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey, I have a bit of a problem with my wireless connection on my desktop computer. I use a USB Wireless connection to connect to my router. I get full bars when I'm connected but throughout the day I will get randomly disconnected for 5 or 6 seconds the re-connect. This does not happen to my laptop, or my roommates laptop. I've used two different USB wireless connections now, a Belkin and a dlink. Anyone know why this happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-disconnects-with-wireless-n.873540/
Relevancy 58.48%

I noticed my internet has been disconnecting so many times..it is so annoying that i cant enjoy Online Games.It disconnects and reconnects after couple minutes.and i checked my router logs after it disconnected and reconnected..and it showed my ip it connected to.so i figured out that it changes Ip when it disconnects.But this happens like 5-10 times or ,more a day..thats abnormal i think..I called my service they cant find any problem on the modem on their end..I'm waiting for them to change modem..but want to make sure that it is the modem and not something else..like router or my pc..anyone had this problem before

Relevancy 58.48%

For about months now I have been getting constant T timeouts as many as - per day When these timeouts occur I get disconnected from whatever I am Timeouts/Disconnects Constant doing on the internet I have had several technicians come out here and they say everything is Constant Timeouts/Disconnects fine They replaced the drop from the pole to my house splitters and upgraded me to a Constant Timeouts/Disconnects DOCSIS modem They tell me that my signal levels are fine and do not know why I am getting so many time outs The exact error message is as follows Critical No Ranging Response received - T time-out Like I said before this happens around - times per day I am not using a router have replaced my Ethernet cable and they replaced the ends on my coax cables I am out of options and feel that Comcast is doing nothing to solve my problem It is very frustrating I have been a customer since they first came to our area If i do not get resolution soon I will be switching my ISP My signal levels are Constant Timeouts/Disconnects as follows Frequency Lock Status QAM Lock FEC Sync MPEG Lock Y Y YY Y YY Y YY Y YChannel Id Modulation QAM QAM QAM QAMSymbol Rate Msym sec Interleave DepthI J I J I J I J Power Level dBmV RxMER dB Correctable Codewords Uncorrectable Codewords Cable Modem UpstreamUS- US- US- US- Channel Type N AN AN AChannel ID N AN AN AFrequency Hz N AN AN ARanging StatusSuccessN AN AN AModulation QAMN AN AN ASymbol Rate KSym sec N AN AN AMini-Slot Size N AN AN APower Level dBmV N AN AN AT Timeouts T Timeouts T Timeouts T Timeouts I hope someone can help me I am out of ideas Thanks Lauren nbsp

A:Constant Timeouts/Disconnects

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-timeouts-disconnects.927362/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having issues of my belkin n router losing the connection to the modem every seconds EVERYTHING is brand new brand new phone cord brand new speedstream modem brand new Ethernet cables brand new filters brand new splitters brand new phone jack including wire to the outside box brand new belkin n firmware xxx im running vista i have att dsl ive updated the firmware for both the router and modem belkin disconnects modem - constant n1 im losing my mind trying to solve this ive disconnected and reconnected the modem router cables in every possible configuration ive restarted everything in every possible configuration the original speedstream modem is about years old so i figured it was shot but i purchased one today made in and it still has the problems i feel like an i upgraded from a linksys wrt g because i was having once a month disconnects EDIT oh yeah when i first bought the router it didnt lose the connection in the first three weeks nbsp

A:constant disconnects belkin n1 - modem

ive narrowed my problems down, its a single laptop that is causing the disconnects. its on 24 hours a day downloading torrents, and that seems to be what the problem is.
no spyware, no adware, no viri, nothing that would explain it easily.
its not disconnecting as much as it was... its down to once every 3 days,. It could also be the uploading, but that was my most recent theory so ill have to see what happens if i shut it off.
belkin have been no help period. this is going to be the last think i ever buy from them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-disconnects-belkin-n1-modem.594219/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Constant disconnects Ethernet. internet over I'm having some trouble with my internet and I'm not sure what to do Every so often the connection will be lost and I have to either wait or right click the connection icon in the task bar and click troubleshoot sometimes it doesn't fix it and I just have to wait It can take between s to min to reconnect and it goes off randomly anywhere from mins to hours in between but it is quite often I have a wired connection to my PC using those plugin network adapters that let you use Ethernet via wall sockets I also have plenty of other devices using both the same wired adapter set-up and WiFi TVs consoles mobile devices etc never have this issue it's just my pc Constant internet disconnects over Ethernet. Usually when it happens I click the little icon in the task bar and select troubleshoot options which then goes on to tell me either the quot default gateway quot is not available and it fixes it or it fails to fix it and gives me other things to try turning off router which never work Everything I seem to find on-line relating to it is about a wireless connection and trying updated wifi adapter drivers but I don't have a WiFi dongle or network card Any advice is greatly appreciated it's quite frustrating No on-line games for me Thanks

A:Constant internet disconnects over Ethernet.

If you can do all our scans and post results lets see what the problem is PCHF System Scans

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128885-constant-internet-disconnects-over-ethernet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Worked fine for six months.
Windows XP.
RCN is the ISP
Linksys Wireless 24 GHz external card

I would assume it's the network or the card, but I can right-click the icon in the systray and choose Repair, and this works SOMEtimes. I can unplug and replug the wireless card (at the card) and this works SOMEtimes.

Generally, I can connect. I suspect that I'll have to reconnect to hit the Submit New Thread button now, though. (and I did)

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have embarq dsl service. I currently have 2 desktops and 1 laptop networked. The one desktop is hardwired in the other 2 pc's connect wirelessly. I have an Embarp 660 series modem and a linksys BEFW11S4 router. Constantly and I do mean at least once every 30 minutes, my internet connection drops and I have to reboot the router...not the modem only the router. When calling embarq I get the runaround and nothing is ever accomplished. I hate that I am payin money for something that is virtually unusable for anything. I am also having trouble opening ports on the desktop that is wired in. According to scans even port 80 is closed at times. I have no firewalls, not even windows firewall, enabled on any of the computers. Although I do use AVG on all 3. I have been dealing with this problem for 4 months and would appreciate any assistance. Thanks, Paula

Relevancy 58.05%

For the past while Solved: Constant Disconnects Networking now my Dell Solved: Constant Networking Disconnects Inspiron r laptop has been randomly disconnecting from my house s WiFi When I m watching videos or not even touching it the WiFi will disconnect then try to disconnect to no success until I tell it to stop trying While trying to reconnect its usually says quot identifying quot Nothing I can do at the point will make it reconnect My only solution is to unplug my router and modem wait a bit then plug them back in and within a few minutes I ll be able to connect again but my connection might last anywhere from minutes to hours I m positive this isn t the router or modem s fault as my laptop is the only device in the house to experience the problem other laptops phones tablets and consoles being fine Also I noticed this problem when on the WiFi at a restaurant while the laptop beside me was fine If you think you can help me but need further information just ask However bear in mind that although I m no stranger to computers I m not familiar with some of the more complex things so I may need to know exactly how to do some things via instructions Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Currently have a D-link router in the basement as the access point -wireless- timeouts/disconnects Constant and the computers are on the second floor computer Fathers has a Belkin wireless adapter computer Brothers has a Belkin usb wireless adapter computer Mine has a D-link WDA wireless adapter Both my brothers and fathers computer seem to have no issues with disconnects and constant timeouts ------------------------------- I however have my internet connection constantly timing out and eventually a few seconds afterwards fixes it self -sometimes a few minutes- The signal strength is at very good -I moved it to the floor to get it fairly closer- C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TYLER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet Ada pter NC v Constant timeouts/disconnects -wireless- Physical Address - - D- - -EC Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description D-Link WDA- Desktop Adapter Physical Address - - B- -FD- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday July PM Lease Expires Sunday July PM C gt -I don t know much of anything about wireless connections so I m at Constant timeouts/disconnects -wireless- a loss as to whats causing or how to fix it- nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

For whatever reason my computer constantly disconnects me from the internet every ten minutes or so when using skype. When I'm not using skype everything works fine, I am almost certain that Skype is what's causing the problem. I am using a Linksys WUSB54GC router. Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys Since you did such a great job with my computer we'll see what you can with the wife's We ran a virus scan couple of spyware softwares Ad-Aware and Spybot Search Destroy and have installed Zone Alarm to replace Microsoft Firewall We also downloaded HJT and here's the log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe AOL and Computer: Disconnects Performance/Constant Internet Wife's Slow C WINDOWS system Wife's Computer: Slow Performance/Constant Internet and AOL Disconnects services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS kdx KHost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA WALGRE WALGRE data Xtras mssysmgr exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C PROGRA Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus vptray exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus vpc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www officialhomepage org R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files goog... Read more

A:Wife's Computer: Slow Performance/Constant Internet and AOL Disconnects

Hello and welcome to TSF

I recommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

There isn't much showing in your log, so we'll try a general cleaning and see what turns up.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Downloads(make sure to save these in a permanent location)
Cleanup!- Install it. You will use this later.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Ewido Anti-MalwareInstall Ewido Anti-Malware
Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch Ewido
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.On the top of the main screen click Shield
Click the word active to change it to inactive
On the top of the main screen click Update.
Then click on Start Update. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
I also recommend changing the "Update interval" to something more reasonable like 12 hours.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido
When you have finished updating, EXIT Ewido.

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

HijackThis!
Open Hijack This and click on Scan. Check the following entries (make sure you do not miss any)
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cust.../www.yahoo.com
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

Please remember to close all other windows, including browsers then click Fix checked.

Tools
Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click on the "Temporary Files" and uncheck the box for "Scan drives for file matching" if it?s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted. If prompted to reboot, click No.

Run Ewido with it's updated definitions:(...it's important that all windows must be closed) Click Scanner
Click on the Scan tab
Click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.
When the scan is complete click Recommended Action and change it to Quarantine
Then click Apply all actions
Once finished, click the Save report button, then click Save Report As and save it to your desktop.

Reboot your system in Normal Mode.

Online Scans
Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Scan your PC & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click Scan Now
Enter your e-mail address & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Click on see report. Then click Save report
Post the contents of the report in your next reply

*You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
*Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

In your next post please include:Panda Ac... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/wifes-computer-slow-performance-constant-internet-and-aol-disconnects-108871.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi! I have a winXP running a program that uses sql database from server. By the way, the problem should not be program related. The connection works just fine a while, but after five minutes or so, i get an error message that connection to database was lost. After this I'm unable to reconnect.

Any suggestions as to what I should look out for in either WinXp's settings or server's settings (winxp is pro version and sql server is running on windows 2000 server)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sql-server-disconnects-win-xp.200520/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Outlook 2003 configured to retrieve my mail from AOL. I've been getting various frequent error messages which say things like "Unable to connect to the server" and "a timeout occured while communicating with imap.aol.com" and "Outlook is not responding". It comes and goes a lot, but naturally it always seems to be disconnected when I need the mail the most.
Where do I start?

A:Server Disconnects In Outlook

shawnvw,Time out's with servers usually means that a setting has changed for whatever reason or is incorrect. You might want to review the information at this link. That may help. If not, please post back with your exact error messages and settings and we will try to help.Be (IMAP) SafeDa Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43510/server-disconnects-in-outlook/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having an odd problem with my router giving frequent kicks off of game servers and server-supported software (like Ventrilo or Teamspeak), along with pages not loading all the way or videos not loading fully. This happens frequently, like every 30 minutes or so, but for some reason peer-to-peer supported services (like Skype) and games (like Modern Warfare 2) don't suffer from this and I stay connected on there whenever the problem occurs. Anyone have any clue what is happening? I'll find and post info if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-server-disconnects-issue.923215/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone This is my first actually second post not counting introduction post on the forum so please don t shout at me I have a question I haven t found answer on the whole internet I have a Windows Server machine and a software which uses USB key to validate the software legality in the network The thing is the USB key disconnects every once in a while every few days and the software pops up a message quot Key validation error quot I check the server and the key is Server Windows USB 2003 itself? disconnects turned off When I reset the machine everything is back normal but in next few days the same situation happens Many people use the software and when the USB key goes down they cannot work I contacted USB key Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself? vendor and they never had issue like that Anybody knows any of the questions What could be the reason for such behavior How to fix it permanently How to make a periodical once a day USB port reset turn off and back on Thanks in advance Benio nbsp

A:Windows 2003 Server USB disconnects itself?

You might want to go into your Device manager and right click on the USB key, and check for any "Power Saving options". Your server might be telling it to shut off after so long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-server-usb-disconnects-itself.71517/
Relevancy 52.89%

My office computer runs Windows XP Professional SP see below and I m connected to our new server running Server Essentials For Server from XP Disconnects Windows 2012 the last month or so at every afternoon my Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 computer loses its connection to the server I have two programs that access the server and both give me error messages and freeze and I need to restart Windows XP Disconnects from Server 2012 to get back to normal I don t pay much attention to my clock so I m typically on the phone with a customer trying to accomplish something when my system has a meltdown The same error messages come up each time The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server cifs DELLSERVER The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was quot There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request xc e quot The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server cifs DELLSERVER No authentication protocol was available According to the error logs this happens in the evenings and early mornings too although not every day When it does happen during non-work hours it looks like it s consistently an hour apart AM AM AM etc or PM PM PM The error will show up or times in a row then everything will work fine for several hours I do not have any idea where to start to fix this To my knowledge I m the only one with this issue so I m pretty sure it s a problem specific to my machine As always thanks for your help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon Xpress Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MH Antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-disconnects-from-server-2012.1096497/
Relevancy 52.46%

HELLO!
Is there a way to increase the streaming cache/time/size (whatever) for port 4000 that I use with my DLNA server or, for EVERYTHING on said machine? It is a storage box
only with DLNA, FTPD, and all drives shared for the house to access with TVs or PCs etc.. Although, only the DLNA is timing out on me after like 3hours or so.

I have searched the Mediamonkey forums etc.. to No-Avail. Gotta be a setting somewhere?
Thanks in advance..
Leda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d15cad2-36ca-4bd5-ac2f-ef4f3b05b29e/help-win-7-ult-x64-wdlna-server-it-disconnects-streaming-movies-to-tv-after-a-while?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a server 2003 r2 machine connected on a LAN.

the server is used for data storage and the local workstations use the data on mapped drives.

When the server is connected to the internet ... all of the workstations on the lan partially lose the internet.

When i ping google while the server is connected to the internet I get 50% to 75% loss.

When I disable the LAN adapter on sevrer- alll the workstations on lan have 0% loss.
When I enable lan adapter on server and configure tcpip and for primary dns i enter 1.1.1.1
I still get 0% loss

when I enter 8.8.8.8 for primary dns the problem persists/

It kind of sounds like a virus on server causing very heavy traffic?
trojan virus?

if so which software can I use to remove the virus.

Im using symantec AV on the server.

A:Solved: internet disconnects when server is connected

Might be completely wrong but would installing a switch help? Are you using a switch or a hub to connect your server/workstations together?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-disconnects-when-server-is-connected.1067799/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey there,

I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 as my operating system (some what regretting it at this moment) and i have installed a game called Archeage that worked just fine on windows 7 with no connection issues what so ever. Now with windows 10 as i try to select a server i get disconnected right away with maybe a 1/100 chance of actually connecting to the server.

Is there something i have to configure with windows 10 to allow me to connect to game servers because i find i have a similar issue with Black Ops 3 in terms of connecting to the server.

This is quite frustrating for me and any help in this would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Rhodric

A:Archeage - Disconnects every time i select a server

Trionworlds posted this a while ago regarding Windows 10 compatibility Windows 10 - Our Current Status!!

and also posted this link if you have any Windows 10 Woes.
Trion Worlds Support Center

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/30316-archeage-disconnects-every-time-i-select-server.html
Relevancy 52.46%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 51.6%

Good afternoon all I'm having (without can't server drive Network reboot) reconnect and disconnects the following problem with some PCs on a domain at work and the quot official quot admin is a bit puzzled too let alone me the quot unofficial quot local admin - The scenario there are a few PCs with either Windows Pro or XP Pro with networked drives which point to a Windows Pro PC acting as a server We can get these networked drives working nicely then without Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) warning the quot client quot machine drops it's connection and we can't reconnect the network drive without rebooting the quot server quot A message comes up something like quot the network drive is already in use quot The admin is Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot) puzzled because Windows Pro can support concurrent network connections or so we believe and when we run quot netstat quot on the quot server quot there aren't anything like connections maybe but not Has anyone got any ideas I can try Thanks in advance Roger V

A:Network drive disconnects and can't reconnect (without server reboot)

Any ideas? This is driving me a bit nuts. :-)
Thanks in advance,
Roger V

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335226-network-drive-disconnects-cant-reconnect-without-server-reboot.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hi I added a new workstation OS WinXP Pro on our office network we are using a Linksys port switch hub and a WIndows NT Server the Newly server. from the disconnects connected workstation rest I usually never had a problem adding a new PC in the network win winME or WinXp operating systems not until yesterday This is the scenario Whenever I plug in the ethernet cable of the said Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. new workstation at the hub the rest of the old workstation connected to server gets cut off disconnected on the network My officemates unable to access the servers mapped drive drive F G etc plus the fact when they tried to restart the computer and try to log on it says something like Newly connected workstation disconnects the rest from the server. quot no domain server or wrong password quot But if i unplugged the new workstations ethernet cable everything s goes back to normal This is new to me and this is strange Because just recently I added a workstation using XP and never I did experience that occurences The office LAN has a domain workgroup and using also NETBEUI which is manually installed on the XP Pro CD What causes this problem please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My net keeps disconnecting even though my Cable Modem shows no issues all lights are go I run Diagnose and repair and it keeps saying its having issues connecting to the primary DNS server or no network connection I restart or let the prompt quot fix quot the issue I checked and Solved: diagnostics server) Disconnects ( Random DNS suggest everything on the modem and pc is set to automatic I have had this random disconnect issue for sometime now the Tech guys from the Cable company always have some sort of excuse to NOT check the wires and say that from their trucks they Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) can see that my net is up and running constant with no interruptions The last guys said that I needed a new router It just had to be the router I had a Linksys WRT G It was about years old so I did go and get another one about a week ago Linksys WRT G Same problem though I run xbox s one direct connect to the router and one wireless also a Blackberry curve If I cant connect through wifi I get poop for signal and wireless laptops Funny enough that even with a G router I don t Solved: Random Disconnects ( diagnostics suggest DNS server) have to many issues with speed or connectivity I tried a Linksys N router a while back but had major issues connecting and stayed on the phone for what seemed like hours with customer service trying to fix things didn t work So I plugged the old one back in From there it was just a race for whoever got on first got the strongest signal for playing Modern Warfare Had NAT issues I believe It doesn t matter if its just me here and on the PC or me and my idiot on both xbox s and both pc s disconnects just the same I have done the necessary restart and rebooting of both the surfboard and router Some days or even for days on end things run fine but then it starts I am so confused as to what to do here Like right now I m on but the question is for how long If anyone is good with Blackberry Curves that would help because even when things are working right it still refuses to connect via wifi it says its connected and picks up my router but its not actually showing being connected when its connected it shows pink signal bars and said IMA or something like that nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there hate to join a forum and first thing I do is Constant Downloading When Error, "Limited" Solved: Disconnects ask a question but I m losing my mind over here Solved: "Limited" Error, Constant Disconnects When Downloading and I need some help I got a new Samsung ATIV Book yesterday and everything is running Solved: "Limited" Error, Constant Disconnects When Downloading smoothly except when I m connected to my Netgear s wifi and I try downloading something and my wireless has to start doing work the network status is quot Limited quot and I get no connectivity I know it s not a problem with the router I downloaded almost gigs of material the previous day from another laptop no prob I contacted Best Buy to try and resolve the issue but as I should have expected they just asked for a dollar handout and sent me on my way after I said no Here s everything I ve tried so far reset DHCP adjusted powersaving options to max performance changed wifi channels several times I have no problems when it s wired but I got wifi for a reason Here s my ipconfig I m gonna go to school and try downloading something there on their network and see what happens Please help I just wanna play Team Fortress Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c a ec IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B FC - E - CF- E -F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address d c f f fefc Link-local IPv Address fe f f fefc Default Gateway C Users whosniffeme gt nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have constant disconnect issue in normal mode However no problems in safe mode The only fix so far is to renew the IP address Just a few things I ve problems Constant disconnects normal mode. safe in mode,no in done Cleared the cash and Constant disconnects in normal mode,no problems in safe mode. cookies of the browser Cleaned the registry with Glare and CCleaner Changed Power schemes to quot Always on quot Used System Restore in Safe mode Ran Dr Web Super AntiSpyware TDSSKiller But everything was just a temporary fix Please help Here is Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe E HBCD HBCDMenu exe C DOCUME HP OWN YOU LOCALS Temp HBCD HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop amp parm seconduser R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run COMODO Internet Security quot C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe quot -h O - HKCU Run ... Read more

A:Constant disconnects in normal mode,no problems in safe mode.

Greetings carl8s and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary. If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps are a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Helping me Help YouNow that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.===================================================Additional InformationIf you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting me know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and I will guide you.Explain as best you can what happens with your computer, i.e. it beeps three times, the the black screen starts then goes blank, etc Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.===================================================Create DDS.txt and Attach.txtI need to see some information about what is happening in your mach... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474819/constant-disconnects-in-normal-modeno-problems-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 46.87%

Actually a Windows 2008 Server R2 connected to both a routed and non-routed network.  When a node on the non-routed network goes down, the server goes on a ping frenzy looking for the lost node and starts pinging through the routed network hitting our
TMG server with thousands of pings looking for the lost node.  We turned off Dos on the TMG server as it was affecting performance.

Our only solution at this point is to reboot the server and it goes away.  Nothing in the event logs to lead us to anything.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c9c6d043-fc6c-429d-8263-d98f49cc191f/constant-pinging-to-threat-management-gateway-tmg-server?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve reached my wits end Our home network is bogged down with constant chatter between something called Sony Science Labs with its own MAC address and everything It appears that this device is constantly requesting DHCP addresses by sending requests constant DHCP - malware requests to server Obscure to ff ff ff ff ff ff But it also regulary reports to -- an IP address that doesn t appear to exist on our network I m posting the Hijack This log below in the hope that it contains a clue about Obscure malware - constant requests to DHCP server what s going on This log file is for my computer -- I believe we ve isolated the problem to this machine It s a Sony VAIO notebook Yes I ve installed all the relevant Windows and other patches At least I m pretty sure I have Thanks in advance for any advice I d rather not re-format the hard drive but I m approaching that solution - Tony Lima Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin Obscure malware - constant requests to DHCP server AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Tanagra Memeo MemeoService exe C Program Files Obscure malware - constant requests to DHCP server IOGEAR Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Juniper Networks Common Files dsNcService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TLSWrap tlswrap exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files HP ToolBoxFX bin HPTLBXFX exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system umonit exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzRs VzRs exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA COMMON McAfee EmProxy emproxy exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Tony My Documents Downloads AntiSpyware HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http esupport sony com perl swu-download pl ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/obscure-malware-constant-requests-to-dhcp-server.619307/
Relevancy 46.87%

I migrated my home server from whs 2011 to Server 2012 r2 a couple weeks ago and have been dealing with what I assume is a side effect of being on a domain now.

If I'm on my computer working, and leave it idle long enough that the monitor goes to sleep, as soon as I wake the monitor again the computer is on the lock screen and I need to log in. I can disable this by changing my power options so that I don't require a password on wakeup, but I would prefer to still require a password when I wake the actual computer from sleep.

Anyone know if I can change or disable this feature?

A:Server 2012 domain client constant logging out.

Change the power settings so the computer does not idle to sleep after 30 minutes. You can still manually put it in sleep mode when you are done using it.

https://hardforum.com/threads/server-2012-domain-client-constant-logging-out.1900192/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello My desktop PC loses connection to the Internet frequently It usually follows a pattern wherein I have Internet for about min then I lose access to the Internet for - min before the Internet magically returns only to fail again shortly after It is also worth noting that I don't lose connection to the wireless network itself only access to the Internet When my Internet fails Chrome returns the message quot DNS probe failed no internet quot or a similar message also referring to the DNS server while the build in Windows troubleshoot gives one of several error messages including quot Your braodband modem is experiencing connectivity issues quot despite the W-LAN working fine on all other devices and another error message about the DNS server Following a guide on the Internet I have tried disabling the Miniport adapter but it didn't resolve the issue I am using a Fritz Box not sure about the exact model and a Fritz Wireless LAN stick I'll edit this post with the ipconfig output as soon as I can get my Internet to work on my desktop long enough to do so Edit Here's the ipconfig output Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alexander-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List fritz box Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - LAN Wireless with "DNS disconnects frequently, server" problems - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix fritz box Description FRITZ WLAN USB Stick N v Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b d b b f d c ab Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Wireless LAN disconnects frequently, problems with "DNS server" Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B- -C - - -E - - -D - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Wireless LAN disconnects frequently, problems with "DNS server" Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -E - - -D - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - - B -A D- CC E ED B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap fritz box Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix fritz box Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Wireless LAN disconnects frequently, problems with "DNS server"

Create a manual System Restore point - System Restore
Run in cmd:

Code:
netsh winsock reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377468-wireless-lan-disconnects-frequently-problems-dns-server.html
Relevancy 46.44%

The Facts Constant Firefox quot Cannot find server quot box messages when selecting certain but not ALL sites Site will usually load up after nd or rd try Constant IE quot Diagnose connection problems quot message windows again on certain sites with successful load after nd or rd try Ran Kaspersky Scan Safe Mode Spybot Safe mode Ad-Aware Safe Mode Superantispyware Remover Safe MOde Trojan Remover Microsoft Malicious quot quot Remover Malwarebytes HOusecall chkdsk and still get the above problems I have Kaspersky Anti-virus The facts on this anti-virus program It completely blocked internet access recently Kaspersky wouldn t update No internet access I was getting quot DNS server cache quot issues I dont recall if i saw this on the command find cannot diagnose Firefox, Constant messages server, IE connection prompt black box or somewhere else while trying to restore internet connection Called cable company pinged ok they couldn t help after tha Just on a hunch I reloaded original un-updated anti-virus version updated it and Constant Firefox, IE cannot find server, diagnose connection messages internet access was restored Shortly after I started noticing more than usual error messages as explained above Interestingly enough I noticed the Firefox quot cannot Constant Firefox, IE cannot find server, diagnose connection messages find server quot box also had the phrase quot Dns server quot issue It also blocked chkdsk from operating until a fine lad stated he quot PAUSED quot Kaspersky for an hour which you can do rebooted and it worked Once again I am eyeing Kaspersky with suspicion It is corrupted with critters and not allowing other software access to remove them or do i have critters someplace else HELP i gots the faith DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated C D BC - - -A F -E C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exesvchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC PROGRA Bandoo Bandoo exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource CTCMS exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Equalizer CTEQ exeC Program Files Windows Live Mail wlmail exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC ... Read more

A:Constant Firefox, IE cannot find server, diagnose connection messages

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Also, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.To enable topic notifications you should do the following:Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286476/constant-firefox-ie-cannot-find-server-diagnose-connection-messages/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have two e-mail services - my ISP Plusnet and my hosting company amp The Plusnet service has always been rather intermittent and so I generally don't use it while the amp service is very reliable and that's what I generally use I still need to have MailWasher Pro which is my regular mail checker and spam filter check the Plusnet e-mail account as the odd things do come from there Some few weeks ago the Plusnet account ceased to work properly for me becoming inaccessible to mail checks from MailWasher or indeed FossaMail or EmailTray a small e-mail client that I temporarily installed just to see if yet another e-mail client had the same issue on my system Usually but not always it would be impossible to send mail through my Plusnet Plusnet server failures... e-mail impasse - login My with constant account while I was unable to check for incoming mail Sometimes but usually not after a reboot the problem would be cleared for some to minutes after which it would My impasse with Plusnet - constant e-mail server login failures... resume and continue to the end of My impasse with Plusnet - constant e-mail server login failures... that computer session When I start a new computer session after a power switch-off - no standby or hibernation here the issue is usually but sometimes not cleared for My impasse with Plusnet - constant e-mail server login failures... - minutes before resuming If I switch the router off and then on again the issue is usually but not always cleared again for some - minutes before resuming I have no problems accessing my Plusnet mail through their webmail service but I generally don't wish to use webmail much preferring to use my favoured e-mail client s on my own computer I've consistently had no such issue with my amp mail I have naturally been onto Plusnet support about this issue but they insist that they can find no problem on their side and that I'm the only customer reporting this issue so they say it must be something on my side and they recommended that I try different client programs and different devices Well I've already been trying with different clients all with the same results As for different devices no-go I just have my Win x Pro desktop PC and no other devices Clearly there can't be anything particularly wrong with my e-mail settings which in any case Plusnet Support agreed were correct because I'm able to connect for a bit of the time When I briefly tried EmailTray it provided slightly more informative error messages than MailWasher or FossaMail saying quot Socket error Connection timed out quot Can anyone offer a properly informed suggestion of what the cause of the problem is likely to be and a fix for it -- Many thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/59228-my-impasse-plusnet-constant-e-mail-server-login-failures.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there Im a first-timer on these forums so I apologize constant Server and restarting. terminations Play/DCOM nearly Plug causing force if I'm sort of na ve to the workings around here But to get to my problem I've recently came across a two-fer of problems on this computer It started with what I believe is adware and I'm still having issues removing it despite trying Plug and Play/DCOM Server terminations causing nearly constant force restarting. MalwareBytes and many other antiviruses as well as rootkit killers I'm not too worried about that right now as I have another problem that has wreaked havoc and barely lets me use my computer for more than minutes at a time It doesn't seem to have any correlation with certain programs but I keep getting an error message that says Plug and Play DCOM service has terminated unsuspectedly and must now restart or something along those lines It can happen immediately when I log onto my computer up to an hour or so after I've logged in and I've been going about my business but there's no doubt it will happen multiple times in a day no matter what I do or when it happens Is there any way to fix this I use my computer for work so I can't let this keep happening and I'm not about to reformat it just yet Thanks in advance for any advice or fixes

A:Plug and Play/DCOM Server terminations causing nearly constant force restarting.

I will try.Download Minitoolbox - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/
Start the apllication.Set ticks everywhere.Click GO button.After scan is done a log will appear.Save and attach it here.
Also is important to say which programs you have used/first part of your post/ to eliminate this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526440/plug-and-playdcom-server-terminations-causing-nearly-constant-force-restarting/
Relevancy 45.15%

hi there

we have a windows server 2008

and have a other windows server 2005 which is normal host which has shared folders on our network

from last few days we are facing problem all our shared folder gets disconnects and we are unable to access it
when i open the folder after starting my pc and minimize it it works fine but if i dont open it
then after few hours it wont b available i am not able to open shared folder again i have to restart plz help

sorry for my bad english :-D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-disconnects-from-windows-server-2008.1082290/
Relevancy 42.14%

I ve been having issues with my laptops wireless connection Not wired. constant when perfect "Server Slow wifi, but Found" If I connect via ethernet cable I have no issues at all it s only when I connect wirelessly that I get Slow wifi, constant "Server Not Found" but perfect when wired. a mix of slow internet Slow wifi, constant "Server Not Found" but perfect when wired. with many quot Server Not Found quot errors I use Firefox primarily but even on Chrome it seems to be slow but I haven t used it enough to get the quot Server not Found quot using Chrome I have a Acer tg with an Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter I connect via a Wire HG-S provided by my ISP Embarq Centurylink I have tried a few solutions Avast Spybot Malwarebytes all came up clean CCleaner to do my routine house cleaning Comodo is my firewall Changed Firefox connection from quot Use system proxy settings quot to quot No Proxy quot I m unsure why this was set at use system proxy settings I ve never set it this way My desktop is set to quot No Proxy quot so I doubt its an ISP thing maybe a wireless thing Who knows Regardless its at quot No Proxy quot now Flushdns reset WINSOCK IPv and IPv to default Uninstalled the Wireless Network Adapter and restarted and let Windows auto install a new one None of these have worked When I run ipconfig all this is what I get Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Nick gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nick-ACER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b fa fb c bbfc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F- C-B - -F - D-CA- D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address B - -F - D-CA- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ed f feb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c ed f feb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Nick gt Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Every since I upgraded to Win7 Pro 64bit from Win7 Pro 32bit I have been getting "The DNS server isn?t responding" error randomly and constantly (I attached the most current reports). I got rid of the Windows drivers and went straight to the Intel site for the drivers.....issue remains. Tried a complete power cycle of the router and modem....issue remains (No other computers are having the DNS issues, wired and wireless). I disabled the Bonjour Service (mDNSResponder.exe)......issue remains. The is driving me nuts and I notice that the only way I can force the connection is to disable and enable the NIC. Any help?! Thanks!

A:Constant error: "The DNS server isnít responding" (Win7 Pro 64bit)

Hi charliearthur, flush your dns cache and run namebench - Download to find the best dns service in your area.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177462-constant-error-dns-server-isn-t-responding-win7-pro-64bit.html
Relevancy 42.14%

This issue has plagued me for many, many years. Across WinXP and Win7, Outlook 2000, 2010 and 2013, 3 different AV programs, 2 different ISP's - DSL and Cable, automatic send/receive or manual, short server timeout or up to 5 minute server timeout. I currently use Bitdefender and have it set to NOT scan incoming email.

I often get email errors like "Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your settings... The server responded: -ERR Internal Server error'. These errors are always only on the receive side, never any issue with sending. I have multiple businesses and check 10 or more accounts with each send/receive. Sometimes I might go days or week with no issue, sometimes one or two accounts only will give me issues for a few days then go away. Right now I have 3 accounts giving me fits non-stop.

This is driving me crazy!! Does anyone have some other suggestions???

A:Constant but random email receive errors "internal server error", etc.

Anything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/366433-constant-but-random-email-receive-errors-internal-server-error-etc.html
Relevancy 39.13%

If this is the wrong board to post this in my Constant reading memory and constant hard-drive high apologies So about two or three months ago my laptop's motherboard died It was an old asus machine and was years out Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading of warranty so I decided to simply recycle it and buy another desktop I've always liked them better anyways I bought a Dell Inspiron from Office Depot seemed like a pretty nice deal on the machine that I got In any case it ran smooth and the built in graphics on its i processor allowed me to play quite a few of my games until I could invest in a dedicated GPU Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading A month ago I bought a new Thermaltake power supply to facilitate eventually getting said GPU and a week or two later grabbed an Nvidia GTX ti for a nice price threw it in and drooled over Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading how nicely it played my games Two monitors Skyrim at max settings on one screen Netflix streaming House on the other For a couple weeks everything was groovy I was able to play my games typically at least at FPS smooth I was able to multitask I was even able to record plenty of my games at FPS with fraps NO PROBLEM I was thrilled with how quickly windows started up every time The suddenly about a week ago that all changed For some reason my ram usage in task manager is almost always above even with nothing but skype and the task manager running No call going on skype that is just the program open My hard-drive usage is fine at times but most of the time I'm doing ANYTHING at all including opening task manager or playing one of my games it'll jump around between and low but almost always hovers at -ish unless I'm not doing anything Games now stutter in places and sometimes hang and lag and I have no idea why Looking through my task manager nothing is using enough ram to come close to taking up more than of my gigs it just constantly is Fraps can barely record without slowing my game to half a crawl now even typing this post stutters every few minutes I've run checks with windows defender system came up clean and I shut the computer down every night I have no idea why all of the sudden as if a switch was flipped the machine now is not running any near as clean and lightning fast as it used to I'm at a loss and I have no idea what the problem could be or how to remedy it So I'm crying out for help Of course here are my computer's specs Dell Inspiron Desktop Intel Core i - CPU GHz Quad core I believe gb RAM Windows x bit Nvidia GTX ti w gb VRAM w Thermaltake PSU tb HDD Not solid state unsure of the brand manufacturer Other notes Some of the highest memory hogs in Task Manager are the Antimalware Service Executable I guess has to do with Windows Defender And Service Host Local System Network Restricted Unsure what that even is I'm entirely new to anything newer than Windows XP old laptop had but was a hand-me-down I only had that for maybe seven months previous owner had it maybe five years Edit Forgot to mention I'm willing to provide whatever logs reports dxdiag anything to help diagnose the problem

A:Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading

Go to the Performance tab in Task Manager and click on Resource Monitor.
See what image names are taking up the most in each column (you can click on the column header in order to sort that column).

Also, please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580038/constant-high-memory-and-constant-hard-drive-reading/
Relevancy 38.27%

A couple of weeks VERY pop-ups slowly constant runs & has comp constant ago my comp started running very slowly pop ups started appearing It is very slow to boot and some times CPU usage is nearly I bought SPYWARE DOCTOR and even though it found and removed several spyware files the problem still exists Thanks for your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Norton Password Manager AcctMgr exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet series Bin hpogrp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system hpoipm exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Terry LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aapilots com public flash login asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NAV Helper -... Read more

A:comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

Please download & run VundoFix.exePut a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
Click OK when you will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less.
When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan button followed by the Remove button
** Your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo. **
Restart your computer & post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt at the end of this fix

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install - CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

* * * * * * PURGING TEMP FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Run Cleanup! using the following configuration:

1. Click Options...
2. Set the slider initially to Standard CleanUp!
3. Uncheck the following:Delete Newsgroup cache
Delete Newsgroup Subscriptions
Scan local drives for temporary files
4. Click OK
5. Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.
6. Do NOT reboot/logoff if prompted.

* CleanUp! does not create any backups!!

Establish an internet connection & perform an online scan with Internet Explorer at Kaspersky Online Scanner

Answer Yes, when prompted to install an ActiveX component. The program will then begin downloading the latest definition files.
Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Locate the Scan Settings button & configure to: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:Extended

Scan Options:Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases
Click OK & have it scan My Computer
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

* * * * * * CHECK LIST * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In your next post, please include fresh logs from: HiJackThis
VundoFix's log
Online scan
Please provide details of any problems you encountered whilst performing the above steps & update us on how the computer behaves now

Do this after you have posted the above logs...

Updating Java and Clearing CacheGo to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Java Icon (coffee cup) in the Control Panel.
It will say "Java Plug-in" under the icon.
If it is not visible, click on 'Switch to Classic View' in the left pane of the Control Panel or 'Other Control Panel Options'
Please find the Update button or tab in the Java Control Panel. Update your Java then reboot.
If you are unable to update you can manually update by going here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

After the reboot, go back into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
Und... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/comp-runs-very-slowly-and-has-constant-constant-pop-ups-97147.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys,2 days ago I began getting these constan Zone Alarm alerts about every program on my computer, eg: (programname) is trying to communicate with C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe by opening a thread. If i click allow or deny (iv tried both) the alerts continue to appear continously, even when i press remember my selection.ever since these alerts began to appear my computer has been amazingly slow, crashes trying to open a webpage or even iTunes, and has problems opening task manager (it took 45 mins before).Also, the computer seems to be shutting programs down on its own, and yesterday closed all programs and shut down the computer.I don't know what to do, i have run avg and it can only find tracking cookies and nothing else.Any help would be appreciated [edit] - a hijackthis log is available if needed Duplicate deleted. ~ OB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279927/constant-odd-za-alerts-and-constant-crashing/
Relevancy 36.55%

Alright so the situation has gotten worse a few weeks BSOD's constant Crashing, Constant back I made a thread and someone advised me to remove Constant Crashing, constant BSOD's Daemon Alcohol and then remove the leftovers using a specific tool and it seemed to be fine for a while but now my Constant Crashing, constant BSOD's computer is starting to crash full force I was just playing Blacklight Tango Down a few minutes ago and the computer completely froze it looked like it was trying to Blue Screen but it didn't so I had to manually shut it off I sometimes have sound problems in games where it looks like the computer is about to Blue Screen but doesn't Most notably in Portal during the Spanish statement GLaDOS makes The biggest problem is that it keeps BSODing and I don't know why I'm not sure if this file contains any dump files because CCleaner seems to clean them out even though I disabled that option Regardless I need some help here it happens at least once or twice a day and I'm starting to lose my mind My Windows is an x Professional version from an OEM disk we bought Because we didn't need a normal version The Hardware is only a few months old either November or December of last year and the OS installation is the same one from when I built this rig back in

A:Constant Crashing, constant BSOD's

No dumps were collected by the jcgriff2 tool, dumps may have been deleted. Did you run any system cleaners(such as Ccleaner) after the crash?
If so wait for the computer to crash and re-upload the file

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161316-constant-crashing-constant-bsods.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys,
2 days ago I began getting these constan Zone Alarm alerts about every program on my computer, eg: (programname) is trying to communicate with C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe by opening a thread. If i click allow or deny (iv tried both) the alerts continue to appear continously, even when i press remember my selection.
ever since these alerts began to appear my computer has been amazingly slow, crashes trying to open a webpage or even iTunes, and has problems opening task manager (it took 45 mins before).
Also, the computer seems to be shutting programs down on its own, and yesterday closed all programs and shut down the computer.
I don't know what to do, i have run avg and it can only find tracking cookies and nothing else.
Im running windows XP
Any help would be appreciated
[edit] - a hijackthis log is available if needed

A:Constant odd ZA alerts and constant crashing

please guys some help would be awesome, the problem seems to be getting worse. I now have a command prompt opening and entering some gibberish into itself very quickly and then closing, also zonealarm is going crazy. AVG found a trojan threat and it healed it, i scanned again and there was more tracking cookies, nothing else.

buffalo_bill

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279937/constant-odd-za-alerts-and-constant-crashing/
Relevancy 32.68%

hi,
i have strange problem from the last 1-2 days. I have frequent disconnects of LAN.
I have following things

ADSL Modem
TP-Link Wireless Router
2 PCs (1 on wireless, 1 on LAN)

i found that i remove the WAN line that comes from the ADSL Modem and connects to the Router's WAN port then my LAN dose not disconnects.

Please help me out

thnx
Coure

A:LAN Disconnects!!!

i found another thing! now i am using Direct internet using ADSL Modem with any router. I have Norton EndPoint installed i am getting this frequent error

MS RPC Network DDE BO Detected
https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=endpoint_protection11&thread.id=2133

am i facing some network attach thats y Router is not working properly?

thnx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-disconnects.717945/
Relevancy 32.68%

I really more Lag, disconnects and lag, hope this is the right place for this Recently we switched from DSL to cable internet and Lag, more lag, and disconnects cable tv from satellite at the same time It took us six days for them to finally get things straightened out so that we actually HAD internet so from the beginning our patience was being tried with them Anyway the cable finally started working we got it networked the modem allows computers to be plugged into it directly so as to not need a router but for some reason his computer won t work plugged directly into it while mine does and things were great for maybe minutes when the first lag out happened The online light never goes off on the modem but no web pages will load For the past month this has been happening - things are fine then suddenly they start loading really Lag, more lag, and disconnects slowly then they don t load at all Sometimes messengers and WoW will disconnect but not always It s very confusing At first we thought that it might be the router so we bought another router It helped a tiny bit or seemed to at first but it s still happening Yes it happens when I m plugged directly into the modem as well Help Someone said we needed a filter put on the line I know the tech guy who set things up said he didn t put one on the poll so we d have more channels since we had to help him run the line to our house one reason I m not calling them I don t want to get him in trouble but would the cable filter and the filter for the internet be the same Or should there be another filter inside coming off the splitter Our cable runs into a splitter then one line goes to the cable box and one goes to the cable modem Arris Touchstone CM a Cable modem - Belkin Surf Wireless router - two computers plugged in via ethernet mine Windows his Windows XP sorry should have put this in networking probably I can t move or delete it fail nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi. Anyone having disconnect problems with Windows 10? Reboot of modem fixes it. Waiting about 30 mins before retrying WITHOUT rebooting modem ALSO works! My iPhone never disconnects, so its not modem/ISP. Never happened with Windows 8.1 .. Anyone heard anything? Its annoying. Pete

A:Disconnects

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Networking is a known issue in Windows 10. You can try to reinstall your networking driver, but you will otherwise need to wait for a Windows Update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/disconnects-1033841.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I've always played Yahoo games and have never had any problems (except with Big Kahuna). Yesterday, I began having this problem: I would begin a game. Within a few seconds, I would be disconnected from the Yahoo server. Occasionally, I'd be able to play one round of cards before getting disconnected, but usually it happens within a minute.
I am connecting thru broadband. I have a new wireless router (no problem on my husband's computer). And everything else works great except for yahoo games. Got any ideas or advice?

Thanks.
Doris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnects.720454/
Relevancy 32.68%

every time i start up a game on my xbox is disconnects from xbox live

just wondering if anybody had the same problem or know how to fix it?

Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, this only started happening not too long ago, but what happens is I can connect onto msn properly, so I can sign in and stuff properly.
The thing is that msn gets disconnected every few minutes (I'd say at 10 minute-ish intervals).
So I get disconnected from MSN in the same way that you would if my internet got disconnected "Your connection to MSN has been lost" and stuff....
It never used to do this, and it's not my internet that disconnects but just msn
Please help

A:MSN Disconnects

I would contact MSN support to see if maybe there is a patch or an update to the MSN client? If your connection doesn't actually drop but only the software drops than I would definitely get in contact with MSN support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-disconnects.710342/
Relevancy 32.68%

IE Version: 7.0.5730.13
Internet: Cable, wired connection to my computer from a router.

When I open IE, it doesn't load a page. It says connecting, but nothing loads. I have tried toying with the settings in Tools>Internet Options>Connection. Sometimes after I try to Setup a new connection it will work after closing and reopening IE, but I can't find a pattern to it. I was using IE6 when the problems appeared. After installing IE7, the problems remained.

This problem appeared right about the same time I started having random disconnection issues with Firefox. I have loaded new Firefox profiles and have had some limited success alleviating the Firefox issues, but the IE problems remain.

Firefox is my main browser, but I need IE to view Instant Watch Netflix movies.

Any ideas?

A:IE7 Disconnects

According to your words i assume , your are facing connectivity issue with the Internet explorer 7 , But firefox is working fine .
There might be some issue with the settings of the internet explorer , to resolve this open internet explorer , go to Tools > Internet options > Advance and click on the Reset .it will reset all the settings of the internet explorer .
this will solve your issue .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-disconnects-366144.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having problems with IE7 when browsing the internet it will disconnect you after looking at a few pages.

If you open up a new IE it works fine then after a few pages it's disconnects again.

The computer also has Firefox and it won't connect at all.

A:IE 7 disconnects

Go to "Tools" select "Internet Options". In the Security tab click on "reset all zones to default level".

If things still don't work right, in Internet Options on the Advanced tab click the "Reset" button. This will bring IE7 back to "factory fresh" but you won't lose favorites.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-7-disconnects.701368/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a Compaq Presario-AMD Athlon 64-3500+-512mb-200gb. Running windows xp sp3, updated and malware clean. I am stuck with dialup connection until [email protected] upgrades our area. I sometimes leave my pc running a download all night. I usually use orbit downloader but some downloads work better with no manager. Since I reinstalled windows my connection gets disconnected at at different times and redials the connection, but only at night when I leave it downloading a large file. In internet connection I have checked "never dial a connection". It is just an annoyance but I would like to fix it. Any help will be appreciated. I forgot to say that I use IE7 and have tried connection keeper ( with same results). Tried firefox several times but it was slower than IE on my pc. Thanks again. Lots of good advice on this site.

A:Internet disconnects

Hello & welcome to TSF

have you tried this

useing (ipconfig)

start
then select ( run
then type in ( cmd
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /flushdns ( notice the space between ipconfig & /
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /release ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter
then type in ( ipconfig /renew ( ^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^
press enter

then reboot

start
then select (run
then type in ( cmd
then type in (netsh winsock reset
press enter
now reboot your system

providing that the (os) is installed on the c drive /you drive letter may be differnt

then reboot

check your connection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-disconnects-320285.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi All I'm hoping someone on here Wi-Fi app Disconnects TomTom will be able to help me TomTom app Disconnects Wi-Fi with an issue I TomTom app Disconnects Wi-Fi am having with the latest TomTom app 'MyDrive' which is for Windows Desktop based The TomTom is a GO and due to it having a web-based OS it shows up as a Network Device rather than a Mass Storage Device when connecting to the TomTom app Disconnects Wi-Fi laptop therefore it shows as a 'Local Area Connection' Now I have been having issues that when I launch the MyDrive app everything is fine and logs me in and recognises the GO but then after - mins it blocks my Wi-Fi so that I cannot get any internet via Internet Explorer nor Firefox now if I use a Wired Connection I have no issues but this defeats the object of having a Wireless Laptop So I called the Customer Service line and they could not help and told me that the application MyDrive Connect does not alter any Wi-Fi Internet settings so I am really stumped After much searching around and testing I've come to a dead end here is what I have tested I have used a neighbours laptop W and their Wi-Fi and installed MyDrive Connect launched the app connected the GO and no issues with accessing the internet via Internet Explorer nor Firefox and still going strong after minutes I then tried my laptop on my neighbours Wi-Fi and I get the same issues as before after - mins of launching the MyDrive Connect app I get frozen out of accessing the internet through either Internet Explorer nor Firefox Before all of the above I had uninstalled all the drivers app cleared out all the internet caches and history Now I have resorted to refreshing my laptop in the hope to fix this issue thinking that maybe somewhere along the lines a Registry value has been affected corupted somehow so after hrs of downloading Windows updates and eventually getting on to W with all the Microsoft Updates loaded I downloaded a fresh copy of MyDrive Connect and I got the same issues Wired Connection Opened the MyDrive Connect app waited mins then tried the internet via Internet Explorer amp Firefox and no problems there connected my GO and it linked to the MyDrive app and again after mins no issues with the internet at all Wireless Connection Opened the MyDrive Connect app and waited mins then tried the internet via Internet Explorer amp Firefox and I could not access anything not even google co uk So then I went to the Microsoft Troubleshoot Wizard and it diagnoised the issue of needing the reset the Wi-Fi Adaptor within the laptop this I tested several times and each time after - mins on Wi-Fi I could not get any internet access This could be a really simple fix but I do not know where to turn for this as when on a Wired Connection I have no issues at all so it is seeming to be that the MyDrive app is triggering something in the settings to block the Wi-Fi I have also tried the above with all Firewalls turned off so I know it's not my Anti-Virus software blocking the access Any help advice would be great Jason

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65787-tomtom-app-disconnects-wi-fi.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I'm running Win Business on a work network Server w Active Dir I work in the imaging business and work off of directories stored on a SAN on our network If I have an explorer window open to a folder every few minutes the folder will automatically reload during that time it appears my PC actually loses network connection If I'm browsing the web all of a sudden a page won't load if I'm connected to IRC it'll drop me from the server I'm using an integrated Broadcom Netlink Gbit card and it is updated to the most recent driver I have considered purchasing a PCI nic to see if it's an onboard nic problem but honestly at home I run Win Ultimate and have the same issue happen Repetitive events where my net connect just freezes for seconds at a time and there I've switched to a PCI nic from onboard and it did not solve the problem Repetitive disconnects Does anyone have any other ideas of what I could try This didn't happen on my home machine all throughout Win beta RC until I installed the release and it happens on this machine right out of the box

A:Repetitive disconnects

There are so many factors that caused your connection being disconnect repetitively.
Firstly, please check your connection, cable and also network devices.
Test ping from PC to server to make sure there is no problem with your network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82886-repetitive-disconnects.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello and thank you,
It seems that every three or four hours our computer will just lose all connection, even the modem shows we don't have one. We have had four cox repairmen come, and all claimed they had fixed a simple problem. They didn't. So whenever this happens all we can do is wait or repeatedly unplug and plug stuff. Obviously we have no clue what is going one. Can somebody help.

A:Internet disconnects

Have they replaced the modem yet?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352696/internet-disconnects/
Relevancy 32.25%

My internet disconnects randomly and these user###### pop-up in my connect to menu. I was thinking it may be due to a virus, but my computer is clean.
That is what I ment by the user#######.

Relevancy 32.25%

I want to keep both my wireless and LAN working and control my routing using advance option of meric. I want to use my LAN for my local devices and use wireless for internet.

My problem is that as soon as I enable my LAN connection, my wireless gets disconnected.

I would appreciate if you gurus can help me fix this.

Thanks a bunch,

Karpadium

A:Wireless disconnects when on LAN

This is how Windows 7 works, by default "at least for me" it will choose the LAN connection over the wireless when ever it's available. Or I should say it will choose the faster connection or the one with the lowest metric value which is usually the LAN connection but can also be the wireless connection.

I think you meant to say advanced option of changing the metric, the link below may help you to change the metric so you can change this behavior.

Blog Rat: Forcing Windows 7 to use wired when available

Here is what Microsoft says about using the Metric.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299540

This link has some solutions that might also help.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-34f05b47a06c

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/230113-wireless-disconnects-when-lan.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Crazy problem here. I have set up three new Dell computers with Win XP Pro to connect online to Win2K Server. Everything hooks up and works great until I reboot the machine. When this occurs, nothing connects back to the network. I can ping ok etc but the mapped drives never come back up. I have spent an entire day trying to get this one cleared up but to no avail. I can ping the server, the gateway etc and have great internet access and email access. Just can't see the server.
Any suggestions appreciated.

A:Network Disconnects

dyoung said:

Crazy problem here. I have set up three new Dell computers with Win XP Pro to connect online to Win2K Server. Everything hooks up and works great until I reboot the machine. When this occurs, nothing connects back to the network. I can ping ok etc but the mapped drives never come back up. I have spent an entire day trying to get this one cleared up but to no avail. I can ping the server, the gateway etc and have great internet access and email access. Just can't see the server.
Any suggestions appreciated.Click to expand...

By the way on the Network Disconnects problem. I also have 15 Win2K machines running without a flaw. Just had to add a few new computers to the network.

Again tks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-disconnects.398827/
Relevancy 32.25%

ive just upgraded my tiscali broadband from 2mb to 8 mb, but ever since ive had problems,ever time i use the phone i get internet explorer cannot display the webpage and the only way i can get back onto a webpage is to reset the modem(sagem 800).ive tried using a different phone and new filter but it makes no difference.ive had 5 long phone calls to tiscali but problem still not resolved.
ive re-installed the modem still no difference,when i ping the ip address it come back with timed out,can you help,starting to get very fustrating.

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there, as weird as the title may sound this is exactly what is happening. But it gets weirder.

Computer (A) is connected to the net through use of Adsl+2 ethernet. It is connected directly to a Billion BiPac 7300G RA. (And for those who might suggest, it has the latest Firmware)
Computer (B) is not connected to the internet in any way. And there is no wireless card inside the pc.
However, when we boot computer (B) it causes the modem attached to computer (A) to reboot!.
This strange behaviour also happens when we start up the Wii console. It reboots the modem.
And, as weird as it sounds, when we turn off PC (B) this also reboots the modem.

What is going on here?

Relevancy 32.25%

I have two PS and worse disconnects lag Lag, s in my house and a few months ago they started to lag and disconnect altogether when we played at the same time I thought it was the router a Netgear so we bought a new one a Linksys It was still lagging so we Lag, worse lag and disconnects decided to upgrade from TWC s Road Runner Lite to Road Runner Turbo Of course the upgrade meant I had to upgrade all services and am now paying extra It didn t get better instead it s getting worse by the day There is NO way to play the PS s together now it lags too bad and will disconnect quickly after We called the router support and their advice didn t work We bypassed the wireless aspect of the PS s and plugged the ethernet cables directly into the router and it still lagged So it has to be something with the ISP or the modem Now if I play the PS with the ethernet cable directly from the PS into the modem which is the only way it won t lag it dies after a few minutes and the modem doesn t send signals That means my digital phone won t work and my Internet won t work I unplug it and wait blah blah blah The only way I can get it to work is if I unplug the MAIN cable from the splitter which means no cable TV and plug it directly into the modem That doesn t even solve it it STILL LAGS It never lagged before a few months ago we had two PS s online wireless and we never had a problem I called my ISP Time Warner Cable and they can t speak English and only say to unplug it and wait seconds I DO THAT FOUR TIMES A DAY Can someone please tell me what it could be The modem is a Webstar Model DPX I went to Speedtest net and the results were Download speed Mbps Upload speed Mbps Ping ms And I see that s way below average so wtf Is there anything I can do other than spend all that time talking to an automated machine have them transfer me to a person who can t speak english and only tells me to unplug the modem for fifteen seconds nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I have 2 VPN providers. The first is fine but the second always disconnects after a 1-25 minutes I start playing 2D/3D games, flash games or watching video. At first I thought it was just a coincidence but after a month of using second VPN I can absolutely definitely say it's not concidence. I have reinstalled system 2 times and tried differnet drivers. Nothing helped. Also I had dual boot w7+ubuntu and on ubuntu all was perfect.

The most strange thing is first VPN works fine. I can't even imagine how games and video can disconnect second VPN.

VPN connections have same settings except login/password.

My PC: Windows 7 RC 32-bit, GeForce 7600GT, core2duo 6300, audigy 2, ethernet adapter: D-link DFE 520.

Also looks like I'm not alone: internet disconnects while gaming

And sorry for my horrible english.

A:Very strange VPN disconnects

The link below shows how to make adjustments to fix some of the dropped connection problems although I'm not sure if it directly relates to VPN or not. It's an ongoing problem with few resolutions. This link is about the only thing I can find on this subject so I hope it helps.

Losing network connection / shares [Windows 7 64bit]

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/65629-very-strange-vpn-disconnects.html
Relevancy 32.25%

This is something that s been troubling me for about a week now Since about Wednesday last week my internet DSL 15-20 every minutes disconnects had been going excruciatingly slow by this i mean a site would take anywhere between seconds and minute to download and that s if I m lucky enough not to get a timeout error Anyway that small annoying yellow bubble popped up in the bottom-right of my screen saying something like quot Your computer s IP address is conflicting with another one on the network quot So i told this to a friend on msn who talked me through a method of changing my IP address via command prompt After a quick router restart and computer restart i couldn t ping my old IP address so DSL disconnects every 15-20 minutes it had DSL disconnects every 15-20 minutes changed grin Since then my internet connection cuts out every - minutes It s only happening with my computer as the iMac and other Laptop on the wireless connection are still getting full speeds and are not being disconnected So what could be wrong I m using a BT Voyager Wireless ASDL Router When the internet s working all of the lights stay green however when it cuts off the DSL light flashes slowly then quickly lasts about minutes then it goes back to solid green when i can reconnect It s really quite frustrating If you need to know any more information i d gladly provide details because i ve had enough laugh nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 32.25%

So heres the deal Ive recently upgraded from windows XP bit to Windows bit this ofcourse means Ive formatted my harddrives and made a clean install But now Ive realised that whenever I try to download a large file which takes several minutes my computer Internet Disconnects will disconnect from the router and I have to let windows do its thing and it says its quot Resetting Network card quot After this I have to Internet Disconnects reboot the PC and yet Internet Disconnects again let windows do its thing where it tells me to let it reactivate my network card When Ive done this Ill be connected to the internet again Ive tried to let my PC run for several hours just to make sure its not random dc's but within mins of me starting a download it dc's I can browse around just fine and have tried countless of different solutions around the web and none have helped so far Now I beg you to give me Every single possible solution that you guys can think Internet Disconnects of Keep in mind that I have another PC running vista connected to the router and that one works just fine and I never had this problem on XP Also please keep in mind that Im not all that techie when it comes to router settings and such so keep it simple for the sake of my brain not overheating Thanks in advance

A:Internet Disconnects

Sounds like a network driver problem but I don't see any network driver downloads fro Windows 7 X86 or X64 on the ASUS site for the Gigabit network device.

As a test, remove the router from the setup and connect directly to the broadband modem. Try a download and see what happens. If it fails the same way then the router is definitely involved. If it doesn't fail then try swapping the port and cable the router is connected to with the one currently in use by the Vista computer then try the test again.

If it works then it is either the Ethernet cable or some problem with that specific port on the router. If it doesn't make any difference, then try deleting the Gigabit network device from Device Manager as follows:

Press WinKey+R to open a Run box.
Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
Expand Network Adapters
Right click on the Gigabit device and select Uninstall
Reboot and wait while Windows 7 rediscovers the device and reloads the driver, see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122687-internet-disconnects.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi guys,

For the past month or so AIM has been disconnecting me at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes it'll happen twice in two minutes, then be fine for an hour, then start acting up again... you get the idea. This only happened after I came home from college for the summer, which makes me think it's the home network and not my computer causing this. I've tried the regular AIM client, Trillian and Pidgin to connect with, and they all have this issue. Other Internet functions aren't affected when this happens--I can continue browsing webpages just fine, and the network icon in the system tray shows that I am still connected.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, and am on a wireless connection via a Linksys WRT54G router. I've forwarded the necessary ports through the router and this still happens. I've also tried temporarily disabling the router's firewall--no dice. Any other things I could try?

A:AIM disconnects randomly

Update on the situation:

I've tried some other things, and the problem persists whether or not my antivirus is running. The problem also crops up much more often at night, which would perhaps suggest a traffic problem with AIM, but if it's kicking me off that often because it can't handle its own traffic it and I have a problem. I've also had problems with webpages not loading on the first try, but when I refresh the page it loads fine.

Personally, I suspect the router may get overheated by nighttime and start dropping certain connections. I only notice when it drops AIM because the dropout is so brief that I'm usually not loading a new webpage or performing other internet tasks at exactly the same moment it occurs, but sometimes I do catch it, hence webpages sometimes loading and sometimes not. AIM notifies me when it goes offline, so it's more noticeable there. Any technical people want to tell me if this makes sense?

(edited for typos--I really shouldn't post things at night)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320267/aim-disconnects-randomly/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, when i go online with my Xbox360 i have no problems at all even when there is a wireless laptop on the internet. When they go on youtube or iplayer etc my Xbox360 connection disconnects. I have a Netgear dgn2000 router and i get 6.5mb with bt. All my ports are forwarded for Xbox360 and it is wired direct to the router. Anyone got any ideas please as i have tried everything possible, even changing the router and settings.
Many thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352024/xbox360-disconnects/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi. I am having frequent disconnects from my Belkin G plus MIMO router. they occur at random times, sometimes more frequent then others. When plugged directly in, there are no problems, however when plugged into the router or wirelessly connected, disconnects range from every few seconds to every 5-8 minutes. There seems to be no pattern to disconnects. Our previous routers, a D-link and a linksys also had the same problems. I have tested this with multiple computers, a Gateway, a Sony, a Dell, and an Alienware, all with similar results.

A:Wireless Disconnects

Have you thoroughly investigated the possibility of wireless interference? Used NetStumbler or something similar as a tool?

Do you live close enough to another living unit that there may be a 2.4Ghz cordless phone that you don't know about?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects.719720/
Relevancy 32.25%

Often at irregular intervals my modem (Speedtouch BeBox) will disconnect me. Normally there are four lights up: Power, Ethernet, WLAN and DSL. When it disconnects, only the power light is on, but it is red, not the usual green. To fix this problem I have to reboot my router. Help would be appreciated.

A:Consistent Disconnects

Sounds like the ISP connection is going away or the modem is dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/consistent-disconnects.819217/
Relevancy 32.25%

I get this on DP and now on CP. When i Play To a movie to my TV remotely, after a period of time it disconnects.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

A:Play To - self disconnects

I am also having this problem on my Surface RT. Ive found keeping the device awake stops it disconnecting, but this keeps the screen on and hence uses a lot of battery power. Ive messed with a lot of the power settings but nothing seems to stop this behaviour.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/5166-play-self-disconnects.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have 2 systems desktop p3 566 and a laptop p4 1.66 each has a 56 k modem. I must use dialup where I reside.
I can connect to the internet on both however after a few minutes it disconnects and then tries to reconnect. I have tried 3 different phone lines in different places with the same result.
I have turned off the idle time and still the problem occurs.
the phone lines are only coming in at about 26.4 kilobytes yes thats how slow it is.
Does anyone have any ideas how to ensure the modem stays connected to the net, this is very frustrating.
thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

Long story so grab a cuppa The first time it happened I was told by my ISP to perform an isolation test for a couple of hours I had already done this but to keep them happy I did it again It happened to coincide with midday and my connection stabilised ISP then rang back and said swap your filter so I did About an hour after swapping over the filters the internet was on off on off on off on off on off on off Just to ensure it wasn't another faulty filter I pulled our home phone altogether Disconnects Random it hasn't been reconnected since The Internet over this past week has been stable from midday until Random Disconnects except for yesterday It was stable from midday then dropped out every hour on the hour Then from it was on off on off on off on off on off on off I have to make sure it is nothing on my end to date done a complete reset of my modem put a new telephone cable into my modem router swapped over modem routers and put in yet another new ethernet cable I can walk away from my PC providing it is working if it is not I am like a dog with a bone and I will sit and try to figure out what is going on Below I finally started to keep records of the dropouts - Thursday th July Reboot went to bed The time now is woooooo hoooooo almost midday where I can hopefully get some stability There is an upside to this drama on a Customer Survey I completed I made it quite clear there internet service was appalling at the moment I received a phone call from one of there people who said once a case number had been assigned it has that the normal call out fee of would be waived because I had been a client for so long So now I wait the hours out and as you can see a part of the first hours hasn't been crash hot Then wait for Telstra to come out Okay Bogpond tech came out the lines are all good no sound in them My phone jacks passed they were new As is my ethernet cable I tried my backup modem router same result line kept dropping on and off The modem router I have been using is a Belkin F D au V my backup is a D-Link DSL- T-GenII Before I go out and find a new ISP I was thinking maybe a new modem router might be the way to go I ended up getting a Netgear WNDR N This is under ADSL ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB ADSL ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB Auto ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Link Rate Kbps Kbps Line Attenuation dB dB Noise Margin dB dB I have no idea what rate the Auto is Okay Netgear Modem Router thought I had the problem licked when I bought it online without dropout a little over hrs Now my Internet connection is back to being a yoyo

A:Random Disconnects

anyone? suggestions ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/297334-random-disconnects.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I am new to this forum and joined cause I need help with reading a HJT log The past few days I have beee getting disconencts from the internet mostly happens when i am downloading a file I ran antivirus and my anti spyware tools and everythings clean However I Hijack log/pc this disconnects noticed a couple new arrivals in my hjt log and I am not sure about them Here are the two listed below and below that is my entire hijackthis log If anyone can let me know if everything looks ok Thankyou in advance Cody quot O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install quot quot - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl Hijack this log/pc disconnects dll NvStartup quot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass Hijack this log/pc disconnects exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Hijack this log/pc disconnects PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files CallWave IAM exe C Program Files HiJackThis v exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO IE to GetRight Helper - FF D- A - A-A EF- BA A E - C Program Files GetRight xx gr dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run PtiuPbmd Rundll exe ptipbm dll SetWriteBack O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Global Startup CallWave lnk C Program Files CallWave IAM exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A E A-E E - -B C -DBF C B NameServer O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s r o - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGR... Read more

A:Hijack this log/pc disconnects

Guess no one knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-log-pc-disconnects.711906/
Relevancy 32.25%

why does my ip messenger always disconnects from the network?

example im using my ip messenger then after 5-10 minutes i noticed that my ip messenger is disconnected.. why? because nothing is listed on my members.. and they can't even see me in their members list.. even though my network connection is ok.. i can even surf the net.. the network connection is ok.. printer sharing, file sharing, internet browser, yahoo messenger.. except IP MESSENGER..

can somebody help me figure out what is happening in my IP MESSENGER?

thanks a lot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-messenger-always-disconnects.975305/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all I have a D-Link g t modem router computers are hooked Network 4 disconnects about hrs after up PC s have windows has vista All PC s are mid range gaming PC s Quad Core processors gig ram reasonable video cards The network has been working well for about a year days ago I starting getting disconnected about every hrs Hard to tell exactly If I leave the network on for more than hrs by itself when I come back all PC s are offline and they cannot reconnect Occasionally I am online when it disconnects Network disconnects after about 4 hrs I have to unplug the router plug back in restart PC s then off we go So far I have replaced the router with one from work same model works well at work does not fix the problem at home I have restored the router to default with help from good d-link hr customer support Network disconnects after about 4 hrs I have replaced the filter splitter gizmo Telstra My ISP and the telephone line provider say everything at there end is fine Dunno what to try next nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I'm having trouble w/ this modem disconnection problem. everytime logging online using dial ups using AOL, it signs off every 5 - 25 mins. Is there a way to have a stronger connection?

using win98se
56k modem

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

Since I installed IIS and changed the default port to 90 and back to 80 I get disconnected every now and then, or rather, speed goes to zero. I cannot reconnect, it says that my modem is not configured properly. Also when this happens, I cannot open the network status, it just flashes for a split second. I would have to reboot, then it works again. What can I do, deinstall IIS?

Steffen

A:IIS disconnects dialup

Unless you're planning on running some kind of web server, you probably wouldn't need it and could uninstall it if you wanted to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/iis-disconnects-dialup-358635.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi guys,

For the past month or so AIM has been disconnecting me at seemingly random intervals. Sometimes it'll happen twice in two minutes, then be fine for an hour, then start acting up again... you get the idea. This only happened after I came home from college for the summer, which makes me think it's the home network and not my computer causing this. I've tried the regular AIM client, Trillian and Pidgin to connect with, and they all have this issue. Other Internet functions aren't affected when this happens--I can continue browsing webpages just fine, and the network icon in the system tray shows that I am still connected.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 2, and am on a wireless connection via a Linksys WRT54G router. I've forwarded the necessary ports through the router and this still happens. I've also tried temporarily disabling the router's firewall--no dice. Any other things I could try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/aim-disconnects-randomly-486408.html
Relevancy 32.25%

this is becomming a VERY anoying problem! For some reason, every now and then, msn messenger decides to disconnect itself, then shortly after reconnect....over and over again......just straight up anoying

I'm running WindowsXP Pro behind a Dlink DI-624 router on cable

A:MSN Messenger Disconnects

You are not the first to have had this kind of problem,some get it others dont I solved it by getting Yahoo Messenger,but you dont need to know that,go to this site there is advice available ther that might help http://messenger.msn.com/Help/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-messenger-disconnects.274137/