Windows Support Forum

2nd display black screen

Q: 2nd display black screen

I run two displays. When I got up this morning, one of them is on but black. When trying to adjust my display settings, it comes on briefly (maybe 3 seconds) and goes right back off again.

System specs are as follows:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 255 45 C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
eMachines EL1352 (CPU 1) 49 C
Graphics
VE205 ([email protected])
VE205 ([email protected])
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKS-22V1A SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 48 C
Optical Drives
ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

Using Sabrent USB-DH88 USB Display Adapter also

I have checked all drivers and windows shows they are up to date. Both displays were fine as of about 1 AM this morning, and to my knowledge no updates or downloads were done during this time.

Any help would be appreciated; I work from home and having dual monitors is almost critical.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 2nd display black screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 2nd display black screen

Try changing cables first, by some chance the cable has gone bad.

Sounds like it could be a lighting issue within the monitor. If it is a backlight issue, the monitor will still be displaying an image. You will not be able to see the image without some kind of lighting. If you can use a flashlight to expose the image, you would at least know it is a backlighting issue. I've been able to use this technique on phones as well as monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-display-black-screen.207214/
Relevancy 64.5%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to black pc and issue? display screen blank- is the mobile Display a very low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once Display screen black and blank- is mobile pc display the issue? past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes the display would turn on black and blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored to a few days ago but it made no difference I also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled quot nvidia quadro nvs m quot since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn't once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don't know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and I never actually logged into the game to see if it works I figured out that in my display settings instead of showing my main monitor it only shows quot mobile pc display quot I know that means from a mobile device but I don't see the option to change back to the main screen By using the previously mentioned app it changed my settings and so now I don't know how to get the main display screen I tried restoring to a previous version before but that didn't do anything so I'm guessing it didn't fix the display issue I also tried reinstalling the driver at least twice and nothing quot http www nvidia com Download index aspx quot

A:Display screen black and blank- is mobile pc display the issue?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does your Laptop have dual Graphics ... If that is the case go to Dell Website and Download the Driver there for your Graphics ...

I would also suggest you read the Link below ...
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356982-display-screen-black-blank-mobile-pc-display-issue.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and  after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 60.63%

i am using hp pavillion nbsp g - tx last day i nbsp formatted nbsp my windows win ultimate so i downloaded all the drivers installed it after when i restarted after installing the graphics nbsp driver of AMD the screen nbsp are showed nbsp driver not properly installed after couple driver problem, blue ... display screen black out , screen then of minutes the screen will be black out and will be back in secthen after couple of minutes the screen will be turned blue with some display driver problem, screen black out , then blue screen ... writing nbsp and it will restart and happen the same process seeing this i went to safe mode and uninstalled the AMD graphics nbsp nbsp then restarted it then there was no screen black outs or blue screen but the laptop was working slow as mb ram but i am having gb ram i tried to install intel graphics then the answer was this laptop cant meet the nbsp requirements so i tried to install from internet nbsp site of AMD as well as INTEL but no change was done so i hope there will be a solution for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/display-driver-problem-screen-black-out-then-blue-screen/td-p/5780896
Relevancy 60.2%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two BENQ GL2250 monitors connected to my Lenovo H535s via VGA. On bootup the Lenovo logo displays on monitor #2, and not on monitor #1. Then my usual display comes up on monitor #1 and monitor #2 goes to sleep.

Tried HDMI leads too and a combination of HDMI+VGA, still having the same issue. Drivers are up to date according to AMD software. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66229-cant-extend-display-onto-second-monitor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario SR Microsoft Window XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Ghz GB of RAM loud, - black screen PC running fan display ACPI Uniprocessor PC AMD Athlon Processor NVIDIA GeForce SE TurboCache My current monitor is a LCD Plug and Play monitor manufacturer standard monitor type model WJ PI D- - one straight wire connecting to a VGA port Hello I have posted a thread on this already on advise on how to set up dual monitors Guess what after over years my PC will now not switch on All I did was had a look at the back in order to take a picture Tried switching the VGA into another slot it see if the slot was enabaled It wasn t and so swapped it back When I removed and inserted the cables each time the PC was switched off When I plugged in back into the original VGA slot and switched the machine back on it was working fine Have updated version of Norton and the day after switched it on and the fan is making a hugh racket folowed by I think some clicking noises and there just remains a black screen on the monitor Switched it off and waited a wee while checked the cables PC - fan running loud, screen display black and tried again Day after that got some dust removal spray for computers and gave it a good spray and made sure the airways are clean Done this before in the past The very next day switched on and still the same situation - fan running really loud followed with I think a few clicking sounds - not sure which part the fan is running base unit has a green light amber light on the monitor black screen What could have happened It was working fine after I put the VGA slot back into the original slot Could it be the power supply CPU overheating nbsp

A:PC - fan running loud, screen display black

Hewlett Packard Compaq Presario SR 1000
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Monitor: LCD, Plug and Play monitor
Manufacturer: standard monitor type
Model WJ1780PI, D-12055

Hello,

I am now experiencing problems with my PC after 7/8 years.
Each time I switch it on the fan is running really loud; followed by two clicks and after that the power light on the monitor turns from solid green to solid amber and on the screen it comes up with no signal.
The base unit always has a solid green light.

I carried out a power supply test and the light on the back had a solid green light so that is working fine.
Checked the fans and they are working fine.

I have cleaned it thoroughly with the appropriate spray, opened it up and cleaned out the heat sink and even cleaned off the thermo paste and added a fresh batch.

Guess what!! It did not make one difference.

Is it anything to do with the video mode? Before this problem started I was checking to see if the second VGA slot was enabled and plugged it in and found that it wasn't. Each time I switched the cables I always had the machine switched off. When I plugged the VGA cable back in its original slot it was working fine. Next day after this problem cropped up.

Could it be the hard drive as it does make 2 click sounds? Motherboard maybe??

There was a problem with my start up menu a few weeks before this problem, the second half of the menu was all black. Tried to change the views and that listed everything but the names were missing from programs list. That problem resolved itself though - not sure if was related to this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-fan-running-loud-screen-display-black.183469/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have a Gateway PIII running Windows XP Pro. Last weekend I was setting up a home network and now when I turn it on the display goes black just after the windows splash screen disappears. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?

A:Display goes black right after windows splash screen.

Can you still boot into Safe mode.

I suspect either a driver or new start up program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-goes-black-right-after-windows-splash-screen.671866/
Relevancy 58.05%

After experiencing trouble with my screen.(The icons and any windows that I would open were real small. And when I would click on an icon in an open window, it would open off screen. I would have to repeatedly left click on the right side of the screen and try to drag it over to the middle.) So I tried to change the display properties and in doing so my screen went to black. Any suggestions on how to bring up the display properties when I can't see them from the start?

Thank You,
Cherbrig

A:After changing display properties screen is black

Have you tried in safe mode?

Tap F8 on restart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-changing-display-properties-screen-is-black.718962/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all,
This is my first post and please correct me if I am wrong.

I got a serious problem now.

I did some changes unintentionally and now my PC won't display anything after windows logo.

Here is the story:
I went to CONTROL PANEL then clicked on DISPLAY then SETTING then clicked on ADVANCED
after that I chose ADAPTER then PROPERTIES in the GENERAL TAB , I accidentally choose DO NOT USE THIS DEVICE(DISABLE)
which is under DEVICE USAGE.

After that the system asked me to reboot so I clicked OK.

From that on my PC can boot and display windows logo but after that everything turn black.

My PC is a DELL desktop run on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1

Please can anyone tell me how to set that back?
I tried safe mode, Last Know Good, and the like but it just end up in black screen.

Any reply would be appreciated.

A:Black screen after disable display adapter

Try a system restore at the command prompt in Safe Mode: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

OR

Choose 'Enable VGA Mode' at the F8 menu, and undo the changes that you made
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-disable-display-adapter.521174/
Relevancy 58.05%

My xp loads and when it should display login screen it goes black and shows only mouse.
It stays like that for five seconds and then restarts.
I had virus messing around system 32 and my malware protection deleted some files without my promission.I think thats the problem.
I have vista installed on other partison because my mother.
I dont have windows xp cd or folder i386.What should i do?

Sorry for bad english.

A:My xp loads and when it should display login screen it goes black.

Hello minas

Try to borrow an XP installation CD and follow the instructions below

Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.
Set the boot order to
Floppy (if present)
CDROM
Hard Disk
SAVE and EXIT

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
fixmbr
ENTER

Then type
fixboot
ENTER

Then type
EXIT

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-xp-loads-and-when-it-should-display-login-screen-it-goes-black-427150.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm getting small black squares and rectangles obscuring text in the browsers (Chrome, FF) I use.  Some of it goes away if I hover over it, some doesn't, until I reload the page.  Occurs randomly.  I've had this model for about a month and this started around week 2.  Does it need to go back?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/small-black-squares-on-screen-display/td-p/5758711
Relevancy 58.05%

Computer after and Flickering login Display, Screen Black upgraded Dell Precision T OS Windows -bit Professional CPU Core Duo E GHz GPU AMD Radeon HDD GB Maxtor GB WD TB Flickering Display, and Black Screen after login Seagate main RAM MHz Dual Channel x GB ECC BIOS Phoenix Rom BIOS Plus Version v A Sorry for poor formatting no PC atm to use and lack of full system info dxdiag speccy etc Symptoms -Flickering Display Constantly losing and regaining signal from GPU Also occurs in BIOS Screen -Blank Screen No signal from GPU after logging in immediately or - seconds after Desktop appears Prior Issues - Cannot wake up from sleep mode of the time with Mouse or KB even with Ctrl Alt Del or Win D Results in a black screen but still signal unresolved -Edit After some research this issue may be caused by Dell's motherboard by the hybrid sleep option in their workstations Attempted Fixes -Cleaning the GPU -Reseated GPU x -Reinstall Drivers -Switched between HDMI and DVI to VGA outputs TV with HDMI monitor with DVI-to-VGA -Safe Mode no black screen after login but still flickering display -System Restore undid DirectX Install -Artifacting Distorted colors in several of my reboot attempts- fixed with driver reinstall Afaik there was no windows update or the sort Could this be hardware or software issue For one of my reboot attempts I was able to login and use it for around minutes before it froze the image of the monitor and lost signal I appreciate any help Edit Rebooted again th time after reseating and cleaning motherboard and PCI slots logged in and the my screen started flashing random colors similar to a stuck pixel test my main concern is everything looks normal without artifacts or color distortions with the exception of the constant flickering until after logging in which either produces a black screen or flashing colors and then signal loss Edit Issue persists even when loading up back up copy Windows months old from my other drive Edit GPU does not appear to be overheating or has an history of overheating

A:Flickering Display, and Black Screen after login

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580407/flickering-display-and-black-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there fellas I have had my comp for about - years I have never had any problems but this week when I turned it on the screen remained black and said quot no signal quot Obviously there is no output from the graphics card and I have tried a second moniter which also failed Im almost certain that this is a hardware problem When the PC boots up the LED s on the flash card drives and floppy drive are permenently on However when the PC was working these lights would flash briefly and then go off while the boot sequence continued but Pc screen, up its permenently the is there powers on display no black. I have opened the case and turned the power on The CPU fan and PSU fan are both spinning but the fan on the graphics card is not The two DVD drives both work but there is still nothing on the screen Im not sure if the hard-drives have power Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. because they are quite hidden Im am unsure of how to proceed I thought I would seek some advice before physically taking it to a specialist My PC ADVENT T Intel Pentium HT Processor Ghz Motherboard - MS Seagate ST AS GB SATA - HD Seagate ST AS GB SATA - HD DDR Memory - PC x Mb ATi Radeon X Pro Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. Mb PCI Express Sound Card Realtek High Definition Audio Azalia Artec DHM-G X DVD-ROM Pioneer DVR- DB DVDRW Thanks for spending the time Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black. to read this Any advice whatsoever would be great nbsp

A:Pc powers up but there is no display on the screen, its permenently black.

Hi, I have the exact same issue as yourself. Strange how they have happened at the same time too. So far I aint got anywhere with finding the solution. Will get some info from someone I know tommorrow. Will post here if theres any developments. Hope you could do the same Perhaps we both will get to the bottom of this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-powers-up-but-there-is-no-display-on-the-screen-its-permenently-black.98214/
Relevancy 58.05%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to a very on and Computer screen blank display black low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes the display would turn on black and blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored to a few days ago but it made no difference I Computer display on screen black and blank also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled quot nvidia quadro nvs m quot since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn t once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don t know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and Computer display on screen black and blank I never actually logged into the game to see if it works Like I said I tried restoring to an earlier time but I think the issue is with that particular driver but I have no idea how to fix it nbsp

A:Computer display on screen black and blank

Go to Control Panel > Device Manager. Then right click on the video driver and select Update. This will check online for any updates to the driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-display-on-screen-black-and-blank.1140276/
Relevancy 58.05%

So i have an hp pavilion tx 2500 tablet with a ati hd 3200 graphics card
every time i start the laptop i would get to the desktop and then it would go black.
So i went in in safe mode and worked fine so i knew it had to do with the drivers so i disabled the display adapter in the device manager and restarted and it worked.
When i went to re install the drivers it did the same thing.
I used a latter driver and it worked for 2 days and then black screen when i use an older driver it last a few days when i use the new updated drivers it goes black if i leave it disabled it will run for ever do you think it is my card itself.Which would really suck since i would have to buy anew comp instead of dishing out 400 on a mobo

A:Have to disable display adapter or I get black screen

I think your card is probably OK or you would have a constant black screen. Did you uninstall the card in device manager before you installed a new driver?

Follow this guide to remove any redundant drivers from the system, uninstall the graphics drivers in Device Manager and then install the new driver. Did you get the driver from the manufacturers site? if not then go there for the latest driver.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-disable-display-adapter-or-i-get-black-screen.162406/
Relevancy 58.05%

My laptop with Vista displays black screen whenever I play video files.

I have the same problem with other media players on my stystem.

Any help from anyone please?

A:My Media Players display black screen

It sounds like you have a codec issue.
Try looking here for your codecs:-
Download Vista Codec Package 5.09 - With this package installed, you shouldn't need to install any other codec or filter - Softpedia

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/203396-my-media-players-display-black-screen.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I started having issues yesterday the day after I installed teamviewer a program that is on my iPad also to remotely control the laptop At first the screen started freezing when I was in the middle of a Java game So I restarted the laptop only to have it freeze at the main screen after login The screen would freeze the display would change to a very low resolution I think So I kept restarting it only to repeat Until eventually once past the windows logo the screen would turn black and blank Sometimes turns to blank black screen Display on the display would turn on black and blank and other times it would do that after the logo A few times I managed to get it to go into safe mode and I restored Display turns on to blank black screen to a few days ago but it made no difference I also tried many other things like changing some settings but nothing worked So after like or hours I Rolled back and disabled quot nvidia quadro nvs m quot since I read it might be causing the issue and I should uninstall it which I couldn t once I disabled it I restarted the computer and made it to the main screen without issues and I could even load my game I enabled it again And restarted the computer only to have the same issues so I disabled it again after finally getting into safe mode I don t know if it works fine now I left it on at most for - minutes without any issues and I never actually logged into the game to see if it works Like I said I tried restoring to an earlier time but I think the issue is with that particular driver but I have no idea how to fix it nbsp

A:Display turns on to blank black screen

Go here:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/ScannForce.aspx?lang=en-us
Check automatically for a video driver for the on-board "nvidia quadro nvs 135m" video card. Doing this may solve your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-turns-on-to-blank-black-screen.207799/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a DELL XPS 15  L521X, (Mid 2012), I have Windows 8 on my machine, Suddenly when I restart my PC a black screen is visible without any error, but system continue beeping. Then I press Power button and shutdown it, after some time when I start it again, its start working normally.
Once system starts its start working without showing any hardware or software problem whenever I shutdown or restart, sometime its start working sometime its continue beeping without showing any error. I don't know what's wrong in it.
Can anybody tell me why this happen. How can I fix it.

A:XPS 15 Beeping,Black screen with no display, no error message

Dell-Sahana R,
Thanks for your reply, I think there is a problem in BIOS, I download latest BIOS updates from DELL support and then Install it and problem is fixed, I think there is a problem in BIOS software it might be CRC error or any checksum error something like that,
But I fixed this problem updating BIOS,
Again thanks for your reply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19611480
Relevancy 57.19%

Today I had to install updates. After they were installed my Computer restarted and after the Starting Windows display there is just a black screen with a cursor.

Is there any way of fixing this, Without Restoring my PC. I have valuable stuff on the hard drive that I cannot lose.

Please Help Me

Thanks
Ryan Bush

A:Black Screen with cursor after Starting Windows Display

Problem fixed. It was a virus

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/252909-black-screen-cursor-after-starting-windows-display.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys--I need some urgent help A friend of mine has been having trouble with her laptop s uninstalling after Black display boot driver. on screen display driver and to make a long story short she uninstalled intending to reinstall it since the driver was apparently fully up-to-date and got a black screen forcing her to turn her computer off Now she ll try to boot it up but the screen will remain black we ve tried Unplugging it and the battery and holding the power down for - seconds to no avail I assumed that it may still be loading everything up--just not displaying it so I told her to hold down F and press down times and enter to boot from the last known safe configuration but when she held down F the computer didn t Black screen on boot after uninstalling display driver. beep like it usually would opening up Black screen on boot after uninstalling display driver. that prompt--and we weren t able We don t think to boot from that I m at a complete loss as to what to do--she s a college student so her laptop is of vital importance I need to try and help her resolve this ASAP I m giving her instructions over the phone She can turn the laptop on and the power lights all come on we just can t see anything--if we did manage to get to the F menu we weren t able to see it We re basically flying blind and her computer didn t come with any sort of installation discs--even so she needs the files stored on her computer If anyone can offer any assistance as to how to restore her display you d be saving us both a lot of grief Thank you so much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Alright, my friends laptop is a Dell Inspiron about 3 years old and she said she received a blue screen with error codes, it then restarted and started to load and then it froze during the process.

after that they couldnt get it to turn on, the laptop itself would turn BUT the screen wouldnt.

after a couple hours they managed to turn it on, but it froze again

also the laptop has had issues with the battery/charger

it wont function unless the charger adapter it plugged into an outlet.

if not the screen will go into a dark haze then it would shut off.

maybe this has to deal with it or not, im not sure...

so i tried to put in my windows operating cd, to repair it, but the screen is still black when i insert it. i can here it loaded but i see nothing...

much appreciated

Relevancy 57.19%

Alright, my friends laptop is a Dell Inspiron about 3 years old and she said she received a blue screen with error codes, it then restarted and started to load and then it froze during the process.

after that they couldnt get it to turn on, the laptop itself would turn BUT the screen wouldnt.

after a couple hours they managed to turn it on, but it froze again

also the laptop has had issues with the battery/charger

it wont function unless the charger adapter it plugged into an outlet.

if not the screen will go into a dark haze then it would shut off.

maybe this has to deal with it or not, im not sure...

so i tried to put in my windows operating cd, to repair it, but the screen is still black when i insert it. i can here it loaded but i see nothing...

much appreciated

A:Dell Inspiron Laptop Screen Display is BLACK!

Does it work with an external monitor?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-inspiron-laptop-screen-display-is-black-359685.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I am not 100% sure where to post this. But as my computer is a Windows Vista, I'll try here.

When I attempt to edit videos using Cyberlink Powereditor, the videos appear black with working audio.
Same scenario happens if I compress videos with WMM, and then attempt to watch them. Black screen, clear audio.
I've had this problem for quite a while.
Attempts I've done to fix: Codecs, different media players, and updating graphic driver.

A:[SOLVED] Display Issue, Black screen with Audio

Problem solved. If anyone else is experiencing the same problem, my graphic card is "Nvidia geforce 9600 gt"
I simply "rolled" it back to an earlier version instead of "updating" it.
Then it didn't work, so I reinstalled it manually by using nvidia's download page.
Now it works perfectly, and I can edit anything in cyberlink powereditor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-display-issue-black-screen-with-audio-589331.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My dell m140 laptop is having dark circle spot..yesterday I kept my laptop on my bed under my blanket & wen I saw my laptop it was having a dark circle..... Can I repair d screen

A:Dell laptop having black spot on display screen

The LCD screen will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-having-black-spot-on-display-screen.173334/
Relevancy 57.19%

My laptop boots to a black screen after installing video drivers. When I install intel drivers first then amd driver installation will hang the pc, so I started with the amd driver and then the intel but after restarting, I boot to a black screen. When I install the intel driver only, I don't get this problem but I need the amd driver for gaming. Drvers are intel hd 3000series and amd radeon 7400M. Please help, is there somefix?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/booting-to-black-screen-after-installing-display-drivers/td-p/5778254
Relevancy 57.19%

Have a Gateway desktop here, and now this problem, which I've taped for you and posted on Youtube.
http://youtu.be/rsGBmIkfafc

A:Wavy black vertical line on display screen

nuthin? No one?
Can anyone recommend another tech forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wavy-black-vertical-line-on-display-screen.1010717/
Relevancy 57.19%

I would post a picture but it won t show up with print screen So my problem is I have a inch or so of a black bar on the right side of my screen a forces screen black smaller display. with right bar werid A small copy of around a werid screen with right black bar forces a smaller display. mm of my normal screen which is basically a double of that normal section on the screen my mouse shows up and everything werid screen with right black bar forces a smaller display. After that is maybe mm of more black On the bottom of my screen below start is green and black lines for maybe mm And gray and darker gray lines for the gray part of the bar That is like a stretched version of the bottom of the screen So my screen is smaller overall My computer still runs fine and everything with this weird resolution Hopefully with the description you guys can figure out my problem I ll have to check back on this later normal as in what my regular screen looks like Oh and I m using windows XP on a laptop nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I have an ASUS x750ja laptop running Windows 8.1.

The problem: From startup (including bios logo), the screen briefly displays what it should, then goes black. Bios logo, then black. If I enter the bios, it goes black at the first screen. It'll flash the Windows logo, then go black.

I've hooked it to a secondary monitor via HDMI. It seems like a hardware error, but whenever the monitor gets a signal to refresh, it flickers back on. For example, when I have it hooked to the external display, and configure it to extend the display, the laptop screen turns on for a second.

Furthermore, the brightness keys still function.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70839-display-issue-black-screen-flickers-refresh.html
Relevancy 57.19%

HI please i need help with my computer i just finished installing a new water cooler and when i turn my computer on and plug usb... display and goes water black cooler now Installed screen it up to my tv there is no display Not that the display isn't turning on its actually the oposite on the display before i plug in the computer it says it needs something to be plugged in then when i plug in the computer it goes black and Installed water cooler now display screen goes black and usb... when i Installed water cooler now display screen goes black and usb... unplug it goes back to no signal input also the usb ports dont seem to work except for the mouse when i plug in the mouse halfway its leds turn on but it doesnt turn my keyboard on and when i plug in my ipod just to see it doesnt say its charging PLEASE HELP ME I AM ACTUALLY ABOUT TO CRY I Put in so much time and i used the last of my money and its not working My motherboard gigabyte ga- a-ds pgpu R - cpu xfx am cooler H i gtRAM ADATA xpg

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Installed-water-cooler-now-display-screen-goes-black-and-usb/td-p/5687396
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys. I've searched over the forums for a similar problem and I've found that people say to boot in safe mode. The problem with that, however, is that I only get a black screen when I start up and don't know how I would boot in safe mode. This started after I updated the display driver. Reformatting would not be an issue if someone could explain how to do it without being able to see. Thanks.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP - Installed New Display Driver and now only get a black screen on

Booting into Safe Mode is done during the initial boot stage by pressing a key (as per your manual) - are you not seeing ANYTHING during boot (the Bios screen)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-installed-new-display-driver-and-now-only-get-a-black-screen-on-427948.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Sorry for the long title Well its been years of being able Black only boot are display installed logo, drivers screen when after to solve things myself and now I'm back So first let me start off with system specs - AMD Phenom II X - Nvidia GeForce GT GB Crucial Black screen after boot logo, only when display drivers are installed Ballistix Sport x GB W Ultra PSU - W rail Asus M N series motherboard GB HDD - Probably seagate forgot brand No optical drive So a long story short boot into Windows directly after windows logo black screen Windows appears to keep on booting I hear the sound yet my monitor Black screen after boot logo, only when display drivers are installed stays black Boot into safe mode uninstall display drivers boot back into windows regularly everything works fine side note Even with drivers uninstalled when I go to application management it shows them there Yet my card is not recognized by dxdiag and no games can be launched - cannot find d d opengl I've tried everything that my searches have come up with to no avail I have also verified all of my hardware is working properly aside from my video card because I cant get any drivers to boot with windows Now the reason why I rule out hardware is this -Ram timings and voltages are spot on -PSU rails and wattage spot on -HDD test comes back perfect -No errors from processor as far as I can find -Motherboard voltages perfect no glitches until now Secondly uninstall drivers boots into windows fine I tried to do a clean wipe with windows and Both of them get to the end do the last reboot and go black after windows logo screen Even when doing completely new installation no updates on a new formatted partition Help Will be searching in the meantime and thanks in advance

A:Black screen after boot logo, only when display drivers are installed

Quote:

Originally Posted by xg3nx

Sorry for the long title. Well, its been 2 years of being able to solve things myself and now I'm back. So first, let me start off with system specs -

AMD Phenom II X4 - 840.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT
4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x2GB.
550W Ultra PSU - 28W 12+ rail.
Asus M4N series motherboard.
500GB HDD - Probably seagate, forgot brand.
No optical drive.

So a long story short, boot into Windows, directly after windows logo, black screen. Windows appears to keep on booting, I hear the sound, yet my monitor stays black. Boot into safe mode, uninstall display drivers, boot back into windows regularly everything works fine.

(side note) Even with drivers uninstalled, when I go to application management, it shows them there. Yet, my card is not recognized by dxdiag and no games can be launched - cannot find d3d/opengl.

I've tried everything that my searches have come up with to no avail. I have also verified all of my hardware is working properly aside from my video card because I cant get any drivers to boot with windows. Now the reason why I rule out hardware is this:
-Ram timings and voltages are spot on.
-PSU rails and wattage spot on
-HDD test comes back perfect
-No errors from processor as far as I can find
-Motherboard voltages perfect, no glitches until now.

Secondly, uninstall drivers, boots into windows fine.

I tried to do a clean wipe with windows 7 and 8. Both of them get to the end, do the last reboot, and go black after windows logo screen. Even when doing completely new installation, no updates, on a new formatted partition.

Help! Will be searching in the meantime and thanks in advance.

EDIT: Been reading a lot about hard drive corruption, or corrupted windows install. Is there a way for me to install windows OUTSIDE of windows, and reformat the hard drive the way the xp discs used to do? I have no optical drive at the moment :( I do have a USB device that might be sufficient.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-after-boot-logo-only-when-display-drivers-are-installed-691736.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Yesterday my computer shut down and restarted with a message that read quot Serious error Display driver error quot I followed many of the options the error message directed me driver display Occasional, error. black random screen with to such as updating my display driver Radeon x and doing many other updates that Windows had recommended along with diagnostic tests that led me to no conclusions I have Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. not had the display driver error message pop up since however when and if the computer does restart I am only able to me on the computer for a limited amount of time as the screen turns black and the monitor light turns amber Sometimes it will switch back to green and eventually come back again but other times it does not In addition whether or not this is unrelated I don t know when I restart the computer a message appears saying quot Drive not found Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. Press F to continue or F to setup quot I m not the greatest with computers but I m sure I could follow along easy enough with some layman Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. s terms After being days into trying to solve the issue any advice or suggestions are much appreciated I m happy to provide any more information if anyone needs it Operating system Windows XP Dell PD nbsp

A:Occasional, random black screen with display driver error.

Also, when I reboot the tower makes 2 short beeps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/occasional-random-black-screen-with-display-driver-error.1061140/
Relevancy 56.76%

Toshiba Satellite U400-157
Windows 7 Ultimate

While playing a video from my HDD to my Panasonic LCD TV, via an HDMI cable, the screen goes black for 3-4 seconds every 30-45 seconds. Audio continues while screen is black.

Searching the internet I found two suggestions:

1. In VLC Tools>Preferences
choose ALL settings
select Stream Output
Change caching from default=600 msec to a higher number

2. https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...es-(solutions)
-> Go to Tools->Preferences->Video
-> Remove the tick for "Accelerated video output (Overlay)"

Haven't tried either of them yet, as I thought I'd first post this issue to the forum and ask for advice.

My HDMI cable is about 5' long. Could that be contributing to the intermittent black screen?

In all other respects my laptop works fine

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89636-Satellite-U400-black-screen-while-playing-VLC-video-from-HDD-on-ext-display
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys. I've searched over the forums for a similar problem and I've found that people say to boot in safe mode. The problem with that, however, is that I only get a black screen when I start up and don't know how I would boot in safe mode. This started after I updated the display driver. Reformatting would not be an issue if someone could explain how to do it without being able to see. Thanks.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

A:Windows XP: Installed New Display Driver and now only get a black screen on startup

if you're getting a blank screen, this a no post. Do you see a ram or bios test when you power on? Read my NO POST guide in the guides forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-installed-new-display-driver-and-now-only-get-a-black-screen-on-startup.137322/
Relevancy 56.76%

So I purchased my uncle's old computer but he doesn't remember the serial number and they through the box cap... -powered screen, flashing Display black dv6-3120us Issue away nbsp I noticed that it would go to the black screen once powered and then the caps lock would flash time and then pause for secs and flash again at the th second nbsp I have removed the harddrive from the laptop and scanned the harddrive for viruses and checked to see if any problems nbsp He had viruses but I cleaned those off and placed the harddrive back in the system nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I wanted dv6-3120us Display Issue -powered black screen, flashing cap... to know if there is a chart or anything that I dv6-3120us Display Issue -powered black screen, flashing cap... can go by to fix this issue nbsp I wanted to fix it up and donate to the student in Africa who is going to college nbsp I purchased my uncle's because he had received a new computer for a holiday Father's Day and it was nothing wrong with it when I first talked to him and he got a new computer nbsp Help me please dv6-3120us Display Issue -powered black screen, flashing cap... and thank you so much for the insight

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/dv6-3120us-Display-Issue-powered-black-screen-flashing-caps/td-p/5686477
Relevancy 56.76%

I hope someone might have some advice for me here I cant seem to vista - problem Nvidia 32 black display screen driver update my drivers past i have tried all the later drivers and do a clean uninstall st with Driver Sweeper and CCleaner but when i restart my comp after installing the new drivers my display turns off after windows starts to boot up just b i get to the user accounts log in screen It then just sits there until Nvidia display driver problem - black screen vista 32 finally a blue screen crash I then have to go in to safe mode uninstall the new drivers and put the old ones back on I have tried burning the newer drivers and installing them from a disc directly through device manager but i have the same issue It did however correctly install the newest beta drivers i found here but when i tried to run either Warhammer Online or WoW it said it couldnt find a correct display driver or something System Info which may be relevant i am not all that computer literate OS Vista SP Motherboard NVIDIA nForce SLI Motherboard Processor AMD AthlonT FX- Dual Core Processor Memory GB DDR PC- SDRAM at MHz - x MB Video Card MB NVIDIA GeForceT GX Monitor quot Dell UltraSharp FP Black Flat Panel LCD Monitor Have searched all over and havent really found a solution anywhere tho i have found others with the same or similiar problem i hope someone can help

A:Nvidia display driver problem - black screen vista 32

Hey i had the exact same problem until i found the solution i dont know whats the deal with all the people trying to overcomlicate things. If you updated your nvidia card and get a blank screen the problem is most likely the same as mine because the new drivers put the default screen to the tv so just connect your card to the tv and put the default to your normal screen.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/189884-nvidia-display-driver-problem-black-screen-vista-32-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello all I have a problem obviously with my computer This computer is a new rig a display random after after drive logo, failure boot screen Black and even though i've been having Blue screens of Death at the beginning fixed thanks to this forum everything's been running perfectly Here are the specs to my computer running Windows Pro MOBO Asus p z -V Black screen after boot logo, after a random display drive failure PRO CPU Intel i- k RAM x gb cl Gskill Ripjaw i had but one of them was faulty so it was removed SSD Samsung gb OS Windows pro x HDD WD Caviar Black tb Heatsink Noctua NH-D PSU Antec HCP gold GPU MSI Radeon Twin FROZR i have a spare GeForce GT which i will get into details later My monitor is a Xstar quot p It has been running on overclock from hz to hz without any problems Now to the problem I've been having MAJOR problems with my WiFi The wifi adapter is the intergrated one from the Mobo WiFi Go which only has ghz So i was trying to find out how i could make my computer compatible with ghz I moved the case and i think the Dual DVI cable on the graphic card might have pulled just a bit and i see a popup on my monitor at the bottom right corner saying quot Display Driver has failed but recovered quot or something very similar Next thing i know my peripherals dont work anymore Screen seems frozen but i dont know for SURE that it was frozen might be just my peripherals that stopped working because i can't remember if there was an animated image still moving or not in one of the opened windows it's all very blurry at this point From what I know and what I can see with verifications made later on i don't think any updates have been done and no drivers were updated So I hard reset my computer and whadda ya know Windows logo shows and right after when i'm supposed to get the logon screen the monitor just turns black So i reset a couple of times and every time is the exact same problem The screen just goes black after the boot sequence Heres what i tried - Tried restoring from a restore point Didn't work - Tried in safe mode Computer boots up and works - - Tried uninstalling graphics drivers OK - - Tried reinstalling the drivers but the card was not recognized and the only way to get the drivers for my card is with an auto-detect from AMD So that didn't work - - When reebooting the computer screen goes black again - Tried reseating my card Didn't work - Tried the second DVI slot on my card Didn't work - Tried taking out the card and plugging a second monitor p because the korean one was not compatible with the iGPU to the intergrated gpu The computer boots up fine - I call ASUS customer support I explain the situation and the guy tells me to RMA my graphics card Which i do and I send it away Now I could've stopped there but since i JUST got into my weeks vacation from work and wanted to use a bit of that time to play a few games on the computer I tried running them with the iGPU As expected it it was barely acceptable for a low-end graphics game I then remembered I had another GPU GeForce GT in an older computer I gave to my girlfriend for her work Knowing it wasnt gonna be much improvement I still decided to try it out So i plug it in connect my p monitor to it And then that's when I realized that the GPU i sent back for RMA was NOT the problem Because it did the exact same thing for this GPU So i tried reinstalling the drivers for the Gefore which this time the install worked because it's not an autodetect but the problem was not solved Still a black screen I try to look around in forums some more and I can't seem to find anything that is like my situation I read somewhere that it was recommended to run Chkdsk f r or something When I did that in Safe Mode with networking it said it couldnt do it right away So it prompted me to ask if I wanted to schedule it on next startup To which I said yes Good god I inflicted myself another hours and an overnight of troubleshooting I was not able to reboot my computer and cancel the... Read more

A:Black screen after boot logo, after a random display drive failure

First try running Memtest86+: This runs from a boot disk or CD and should eliminate or confirm if your one or more of your memory sticks are bad.

Let it run for about 20 passes (An ideal test would be about an hour), if no errors by then your ram is OK.

Download the bootable .ISO from here: http://www.memtest.org/

How to create a bootable CD: How to Create a Boot Disk With Imgburn | eHow

Let me know if the software shows up with any errors. Please take a picture of it.

---------------

Next: Download Seagate Tools for DOS from here: SeaTools for DOS | Seagate

Once downloaded on another PC burn the software to a bootable CD.

Then on the broken PC boot to the Seagate Tools and run the short test.

If any errors take a picture and reply with the pictures.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-boot-logo-after-a-random-display-drive-failure-703182.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hey i recently got a compaq presario v6000 from a friend and when i turned it on for the first time i noticed that it made 3 short beeping sounds which i found out that it doesnt have a bios image but anyway the power light a battery light flashes and then reboots but i cant see anything on the screen at all when its powered on. also the fans power on for at least 2 seconds then they turn off. i dont have a hard drive but i need to at least get to the bios so i can reinstall the os using usb drive.

any help would be great and aslo people have been telling me that my motherboard could be warped how would i fix this without buying a new one because i have no money at all for the laptop.

A:compaq presario v6000 wont display bios and screen is black

It looks like you may have Bad Ram: Compaq BIOS Beep Codes - BIOS Central.
Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code Compaq Presario SR5510F Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) Or it could be the Video adapter on the motherboard. Try removing one stick of RAM and get to the Bios. You can also download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature burn the image to CD with IMGBurn also in my signature or USB and boot off of the disc and run the tests on each stick of RAM separately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compaq-presario-v6000-wont-display-bios-and-screen-is-black-666019.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows 8.1
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Installed memory (Ram): 14.0 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Display adapter: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

It's very random when it does crash but when it does I can hear sounds for a few minutes then it stops.
Have to hold down button to get it to restart nothing else will work.

Pretty new to computers so have no idea how to go about fixing this and would need to be talked through it.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to spend their time helping me on this.

A:Black screen only when watching video's or movies. Can hear sound no display.

Do you have adobe flash and Java installed properly. Is the Radeon driver fully updated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-only-when-watching-videos-or-movies-can-hear-sound-no-display.206375/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there I own an almost antique Sony Vaio V M with Windows XP SP I have managed to get a - Windows display drivers - virus boot attacked XP screen after up black virus which appears to have attacked the display drivers because when booting up the final thing I see on screen is the XP logo and then the screen goes completely black after that I know that the system is still running as I can hear the beep when I use the volume control and I can restart the system by entering windows key U then R I've got AVG free now uninstalled and Malwarebytes but nothing can seem to shift this virus I can boot into safe mode with networking with no trouble in this mode to write this post My PC has a hard drive with two partitions C and D with the program files on the C drive I'm pretty sure the virus is Windows XP virus - black screen after boot up - display drivers attacked on this drive I would be most grateful for any help this is the first severe Windows XP virus - black screen after boot up - display drivers attacked virus I've had in years of use with this PC I think I have followed all of the required instructions but please let me know if I have missed anything DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Gilo at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings Gilo Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Gilo Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Gilo Local Settings Application Windows XP virus - black screen after boot up - display drivers attacked Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Gilo Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Gilo Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www essex ac uk uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uProxyOverride lt local gt local BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - lt orphaned gt BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - lt orphaned gt BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun SsAAD exe c progra sony sonics SsAAD exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun VZRemoteCommander c program files sony vaio zone remote commander AvRmtCtr exe mRun TVTunerLib c program files common files sony shared tvtunerlib TVTLInstTool exe mRun HKSERV EXE c program files sony hotkey utility HKserv exe mRun Nikon Transfer Monitor c program files common files nikon monitor NkMonitor exe mRun Symantec PIF AlertEng quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a pifsvc exe quot a m quot c program files common files symantec shared pif b e dd - - c -b f- f fca a AlertEng dll quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun APSDaemon quot c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe quot mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe reader reader reader sl exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe reader reader AdobeCollabSync exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs... Read more

A:Windows XP virus - black screen after boot up - display drivers attacked

Bumping to reposition this thread to the top of forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-xp-virus-black-screen-after-boot-up-display-drivers-attacked-690248.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am having a problem where my screen will suddenly go completely black for a few seconds then reappears and continues to flash on and off like this probably about times taking a total of around seconds and then I get a blue screen of death I think the cursor can still be seen when the screen goes black This happens almost every day I use my computer It seems the only way I can prevent the system from crashing is if I quickly hit the sleep button before the blue screen can appear I am running Vista with all the latest suddenly begins screen Display blue appears then times, black flashing several updates My video card and motherboard are also up-to-date This is my video card http Display suddenly begins flashing black several times, then blue screen appears www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sorry I don t have any info from the blue screen It disappears almost immediately and it just never seems like a good time to allow my computer to suddenly crash so that I can try to get the info Any help on this would be much appreciated I have been dealing with this issue for a while now Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Display suddenly begins flashing black several times, then blue screen appears

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-suddenly-begins-flashing-black-several-times-then-blue-screen-appears.839298/
Relevancy 51.6%

I got the quot ATI display driver has stopped responding and has recovered from an error quot several times over the last couple of days where my screen would freeze for a couple of second and then start working again and would display that message I thought little of it as it did always seem to work afterwards Last night however it got extremely frequent happening at least once a minute and i decided to try and restart my computer permanently Screen black driver..." after display "ATI several Errors? to see if that would help at all Now when I try to turn the computer on the screen stays black and will not do anything I can hear that the computer trying to work as the fans are going and the power light is on it's just the screen that isn't working How to troubleshoot quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? Windows or Windows Vista I found these guides on how to Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? fix the error message but at the moment both are no good as I can't even use my computer to fix the problem as the screen won't work I am pretty sure the reason my computer is doing this is because of outdated drivers as I recently did a fresh install of windows and only installed the drivers that came on the CD I was given with my computer I should have downloaded the latest drivers online I am running Windows on a Dell Studio laptop I am unsure of the graphics card at the moment as I can't access the computer but I know that it is an ATI of some sort Thanks in advance

A:Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors?

Does your display power up? can you see something on the display like BIOS post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285856-screen-permanently-black-after-several-ati-display-driver-errors.html
Relevancy 51.17%

nbsp I m having a problem where it says quot Display driver stopped working and has recovered quot nbsp I see where several others have posted about this but I m unable to locate a fix here or reply to other similar posts for some strange reason nbsp I have a month old Inspiron laptop runing Windows driver & recovered" Inspiron leaving black screen. stopped "Display has 10. 5559 Win working Home x The problem occurs intermittently nbsp when I go to the tomshardware com forums nbsp It occurs most often with Firefox version but it also happens with IE nbsp It happens usually after I post a note there then click the back arrow a couple of times to go back to the listing of all the posts nbsp Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. According to Device Manager I have version nbsp When I tell it to Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. scan for an updated version it says I already have the most current driver for the Intel HD graphics nbsp Please advise how I can get rid of this problem nbsp Thank Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. you

A:Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10.

I have the same issue with Inspiron 7559. But, not just in web browsing. It happens in Word, Peachtree, etc. So, my thoughts are the problem is a Windows 10 display driver issue, which should be fixed by a driver update provided by the manufacturer. I did a system scan on Dell Support Assistant (thy actually are run every week) and my system has the latest drivers, according the DSA. Get on the stick, Dell. Interesting thing is, it doesn't show up in the System Events in the Dell Support Assistant software - not even as an "info" point. It's like Dell is ignoring the Windows error.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681166
Relevancy 51.17%

My daughter changed the display setting to option 2....now the screen is blank. How can I change back?

A:Display is black...daughter cahnged display in CNTRL Panel...how do I changeit back?

Boot to safe mode and:
Change the display settings, or
System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-is-black-daughter-cahnged-display-in-cntrl-panel-how-do-i-changeit-back.888627/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This happens as soon as the VGA adapter is plugged in. Unplugging it does not turn the laptop screen back on. Toggling with the function keys does nothing. Since I cannot see anything I cannot try to adjust/correct display settings (or do anything for that matter, other than turn the laptop off by holding power key down).

The second display works (tested with a different laptop).

History: The external display worked fine with this laptop. We had a power failure yesterday which turned it off. The screen toggled to the laptop successfully (or I did, with the function keys--I don't remember) and I continued working. When power returned I started running into this issue. I reinstalled the display drivers from the original manufacturer disc but the problem persists.

msi A4000, Celeron dual Core T3100, Windows 7 Ultimate x64
NVIDIA? MCP79MVL, GeForce? 8200M G, Shared
External display: Acer LCD, AL 1916C

A:Laptop black when external display plugged in, #2 display also dark.

To shut down properly hit the Winkey, then the right arrow, then Enter.

This may be as simple as capacitors overcharged. Shut down, unplug, remove battery. Hold power button down for 20 secs.
Do same for monitor.
Then try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/377871-laptop-black-when-external-display-plugged-2-display-also-dark.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have this year old Lenovo Y config below The discrete graphic card has In WIN Screen Mode POST During , Screen Safe Even Black 7 Black probably fried a long time ago so last year when I did a clean install of Windows I had to disable ATI Card permanently in the device manager using safe mode Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode and used the Intel integrated card A few days ago I booted up windows only to encounter quot A disk read error has occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot I tried to boot up using WIN install disc but soon after the Starting Windows logo the screen Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode turns black and I am left with a cursor in a black screen I tried to boot into Safe Mode but still I encountered a black screen with just the cursor I booted with Ubuntu live usb and was able to access all my partition and did back up and even formatted the Windows Partition I tried to boot using a WinPe and faced the Black screen with a cursor again I even reset BIOS to default changed Graphics Adapter from quot Discrete' to quot Switchable' and vice-versa but no effect at all When I boot up using Ubuntu and ran lspci grep VGA I can see both cards listed I even tried to boot up using Windows preview disk still I get a black screen after the Windows loading screen I can't afford to buy any laptop presently since I am currently at college so using Ubuntu for now Is ther any way to install Windows again Is it possible to get the ATI Card working properly- reballing reflow Any way to permanently disable the ATI card and get windows to boot up using the integrated chip Notebook Lenovo IdeaPad Y Processor Intel Core i M Graphics Adapter Switches B W Intel HD amp ATI Mobility Radeon HD

A:Black Screen During WIN 7 POST , Black Screen Even In Safe Mode

What other graphics adapter choices are available in BIOS setup? If you choose Switchable is there software on the Lenovo site for your model that's needed? Are you using the Display adapter software from there?

Have you tested your HD with the maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan, followed by a full Disk Check on a single disk partition you create?

Then work through the steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums including trying an alternate install method (disk><flash stick) with new media. These steps overcome almost all install failures, so you'll be reasonably sure the problem is hardware or BIOS settings if nothing works. But don't skip any steps.

Try Clean Install Windows 10 Technical Preview to see if there's any difference with a more modern OS install. It's already a very polished OS and worth testing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/351512-black-screen-during-win-7-post-black-screen-even-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I already have the issue that when I put my E to sleep and wake it up again that the keyboard and touchpad do not work So I have disable the sleep options in the BIOS Now I run into different issues Yesterday I booted the laptop and it hang on the DELL logo After a while it stated that - External to - resons E5570 do display/keyboard/mouse work display, Black Latitude no keyboard/touchpad my EFI file would not be correct Force reboot and it booted straight to Windows What s more annoying is the fact Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work that the laptop boot the DELL logo is shown and then the screens go s black as if it s not connected SO it looks like it hangs BUT an external monitor through HDMI does work and show the windows logon The keyboard and touchpad also do not work External mouse and keyboard do work So pretty much I got a brick when I do not have external display keyboard and mouse available When I reboot the laptop it works fine again Am I the only one with this Loads of issues with the laptop and wondering if I just have a faulty laptop Clean Windows Pro install is done times Used the nbsp DELL Command Update to install all drivers and patches Issues keep existing

A:Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work

I have been spending a lot of hours in troubleshooting this week.
Diagnostics are 100% ok.
Reinstalled Windows 10 about 15 times.Installing drivers by hands, installing drives trhough the dell update management application.The issues keeps existing.
To sum the them up:- Cold boot (laptop is off) to Windows. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and they work again)- Resume from sleep. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and the work again)
After I got the laptop I installed 32Gb of RAM and an 512Gb Samsung 950Pro PCIE M.2 NVME drive.The drive should be support as Dell states on the product page and in the manual that PCIE with NVME is supported.
"Advanced features, like industry-leading M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe/NVME solid state drives, provide data transfer speeds up to 4x faster over traditional hard drivers. "
In order to get the drive visible and running on PCIe I had to disable the sata controller in the BIOS.This way the drive is detected in Windows as an PCIe NVME capable drive.
Just to verify if the issues I went back to default with the delivered 256Gb M.2 sata drive and 8Gb RAM.To install Windows I had to turn the Sata controller back on.
Installed the drivers manually updated WIndows and tested.The issues do NOT occur.
Retested by installing the drivers using the Dell Update Application.The issues do NOT occur.
So I figured out that the SATA controller somehow is the guilty part for all the issues.I mean when enabled to ACHI or RAID the sleep and non working keyboard/touchpad issues do not occur.
When disable the issues DO occur.

So DELL can you please tell me how I can fix this as you state PCIe NVME drives are supported??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675844
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there,

Am using a Dell Inspiron 6400 with XP. It'd been running ridiculously slowly recently so I started an AVG scan and AVG immediately threw up a file, which I then deleted, then I got a "fatal error" message flash up. Since then I havent been able to get to the log in screen, it merely goes to the black screen with cursor, and Safe Mode is just a black screen with Safe Mode in each corner. Ctrl Alt Del also doesnt work in Safe Mode for some reason, and I have no CD. Ho ho.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

I have been struggling with an intermittent problem for many months and it is getting worse I am running windows vista on a toshiba satellite laptop My screen will go dark not quite as black as when the computer is off when I am using it and although the computer is still working I cannot see the screen Then on startup I can occasionally see flashes of the startup logo which is enough to let me know it is loading My cursor quits working as well After I run spybot in safe mode and then Startup screen black, screen flickers to all black run it again at startup it works for some time This last time was days So I believe I have a nasty virus I run Norton all the time spybot rather frequently and Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen malaware bytes about once a month I am able to Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen get it in safe mode by hitting the down arrow once and hitting enter It is very frustrating I don t think it is the video card as it is repaired after spybot use Any suggestions nbsp

A:Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen

That is weird situation I'd say. I am unsure what actually is the issue here, perhaps one way of finding what may be happening is having a look at your Event Viewer Logs. You can find Event Viewer, in Control Panel, Administrative Tools.

Also please follow these 8-steps, and post your logs at Malware and Virus Removal Forum for analysis. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-screen-flickers-to-black-then-all-black-screen.150656/
Relevancy 46.01%

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello So on my computer something strange happens when I uninstall UxStyle It Black Post-Windows Flashing Black Screen Update UxStyle has broken my Windows install once and it has done it again The UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen first time I kept on doing system restores to see what was the problem that made that black screen After trial and error I narrowed it down to UxStyle So I deleted Windows and installed Windows which is what I wanted in the first place Now I decided to triple-boot Windows with Vista and and it has succeeded I reinstalled UxStyle thinking it was just a problem with my old Windows install and then uninstalled it after a few days since I felt like the regular look was better I rebooted Windows and the same effect happened So I would like to know if I can get and replace those three patched DLLs with unpatched DLLs for Windows Could I just change the broken ones to have old next to them and then place the ones I get here there Also would sfc scannow work

A:UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen

Hello lct01a, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A sfc /scannow will attempt to repair any modified or corrupted system files, so that would be a good first step.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47244-uxstyle-black-flashing-post-windows-update-black-screen.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there So as the title says I'm having some problems with my computer I bought it about weeks ago Goes Stays Black BlueScreen MMO's. and playing Screen Black, Restarts and no issues with it other than when I try to play an MMO that would make the graphics card work The graphics card that is installed in the computer was separately bought and installed so I'm thinking it might be conflict issues with the card but I don't know The way it happens is I run the games I can play for anything from a minute to mins and then my screen says it has disconnected from the image goes black and I can hear my computer restart but my screen stays black I have to manually power off and back on for my screen to start showing images again Once restarted i get the quot Problem Event Name Bluescreen quot thing It's really annoying since I just bought GW and I can't play properly any help would be appreciated Also in the Action Center it's said that my Nvidia Graphics Card has stopped working or crashed multiple times naming the exact times my computer crashed which is why I believe it has to do with my card

A:BlueScreen playing MMO's. Screen Goes Black, Restarts and Stays Black

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf0e010, fffff88010aee630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 19:21:13 2012 (506B3099)
Follow these steps:STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
Overclocking -
I recommend if you are overclocking any hardware, that you reset these values within the BIOS to their default values in order to increase the stability of your system.

Please run the following tests for your graphics card and RAM:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Graphics Card:Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Read all the steps within the hardware test tutorials very carefully, as stress tests is designed run components to their maximum capacity, in order to point out failing or faulty hardware components.

Use the following program to monitor your hardware temperatures during the stress test:CPUID HWMonitor
Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Please check for the latest driver updates (may have to install a older driver) for your graphics card on the manufacturer's website, and check for any driver compatibility issues with:Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows
If you are using DirectX, then try uninstalling and then reinstalling the DirectX API:How to download and install DirectX

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265537-bluescreen-playing-mmos-screen-goes-black-restarts-stays-black.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i believe virus deleted a system 32 exe file it is a confident guess. I have a true black screen nothing at all comes up doesn't load anything no hot keys work. windows 7 hp laptop I need to know if I can get into bios if f keys don't work, cd repair disk don't work. what can I do power button and wifi button lights up on keyboard and fans are running but black screen no response. it is not a graphic card problem not a hardware problem at all. please help

A:Black Screen of Death true black no keys work at all!!!HELP

Do you see the bios splash screen?
Did you ever enter BIOS before, so you know how to do it?
Do you see the win7 animated welcome screen (prior to logon)?
------
cd repair disc .... you mean this? System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329399-black-screen-death-true-black-no-keys-work-all-help.html
Relevancy 45.15%

A black dot 1" in diameter and some black smears have appeared on the bottom right corner of my screen. I believe whatever page I have up is ok behind it. And I think it is getting bigger. Monitor is a Dell 19 " Analog Flat Panel. Maybe it is finished.

Relevancy 45.15%

When i press the power button evrythings looks ok all fans starts the led on my keyboard flashes but the flashing led on my screen that indicate that it s sleeping does nt stop flashing which mean it does nt receive any information When i press restart it often solve the problem and my screen computer starts perfectly I JUST INSTALLED A BRAND NEW POWER SUPPLY hight quality the problem still there If someone know how to get a log file that would help me to determin the problem - you BLACK!!!(black know PITCH i mean?) screen press you when power what Does reseting de cmos could solve sumtin - To reset cmos i need to remove the bateri for PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?) about second - does a poor batery could make such problems - I need hlp Or if someone have already experienced that problem and could tell me what you did to solve the problem i just baught a power supply antec but i didnt solve anything my d card is brand new and my cable looks fine but who knows pls HLP ME information about this error must be written in some log files Thanks for replies nbsp

A:PITCH BLACK!!!(black screen when you press power you know what i mean?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pitch-black-black-screen-when-you-press-power-you-know-what-i-mean.421322/
Relevancy 44.72%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 44.29%

When I turn on my computer, it's all fine until after I login. I get these patches of small black rectangles all over my screen which stay above windows and everything (see attatched photo). I located it down to being an issue with dwm.exe as the boxes go away when I end that task. I just don't know how I should go about repairing this issue. I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

A:Black Rectangles/Black Boxes All Over The Screen

Quote: Originally Posted by darkarchonlord

When I turn on my computer, it's all fine until after I login. I get these patches of small black rectangles all over my screen which stay above windows and everything (see attatched photo). I located it down to being an issue with dwm.exe as the boxes go away when I end that task. I just don't know how I should go about repairing this issue. I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Do you have a backup you can restore from?
do you have a win 7 dvd, to do a repair install?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79838-black-rectangles-black-boxes-all-over-screen.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I use XP Home Edition. I was trying to change my desktop appearance, and clicked on "My current theme" under the themes tab. My desktop changed to all black, including the lettering; just the icons are there, but they are tiny, as if the resolution was changed to the highest setting. I tried getting back to the desktop properties, but since the lettering is black I cannot read anything and I don't know where to click to change anything. Is there a keyboard shortcut I could use or some other way I can get back to a normal screen? I no longer have the XP disk, so cannot reformat.

A:Solved: Black lettering on black screen

Hi, Sorry that no one replied to you.....and, I noticed that this thread is marked as "Solved".... did you manage to fix the problem?

I am sure help is still available here!

We like to have members post how they fixed something - so if you did, could you come back and post how? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-lettering-on-black-screen.1064939/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello guys, maybe somebody had the same problem, my friend has a hp hdx 9300 was working fine the all of a sudden the laptop switched off and when rebooted the screen is completly black, tried an external vga, its black, tried an external hdmi and its all black. We can hear the hd working, dvd running.... all lights are ok, tried everything in the trouble shooting of hp web site ... nothing. Anybody can give us a hand?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hdx-9300-black-screen-and-hdmi-black/td-p/5677626
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I made a mistake in hindsight Earlier I went to the NVADIA web site to download the device driver and they had incomplete instructions as to how to proceed which I followed particular graphics card plug amp play monitor and NVIDA GeoForce Ti They had one remove the device driver for the monitor video card and said later to download the new device driver when they should have had Black is Display one download the driver first prior to deleting the device driver in control panel I have now downloaded it Display is Black from the site you recommended However I have no display so that I can follow the installation instructions The help Display is Black I need is that I now have no display to see and work from I have display until the quot Welcome quot is done and then it is blank after two seconds when both welcome and the grassy knoll are briefly seen then to completely disappear If I take the video card out and reboot then shut it down and put it back in would that reinstall a back up device driver from windows used normally by Safe Mode I am not sure if my computer also has a separate video part as part of the motherboard Does it Would that help I am unable so far to boot into safe mode it just keeps recycling I have a version of Koppix which is a boot disk I can see some of the computer from there Any suggestions how I can complete the instructions with no display or only through koppix Can you do it by remote control if I know my IP address Would installing another parallel operating system temporarily solve the problem I have used repair install twice to no avail I also tried the PCI setting in BIOS which made no difference I have good display during the reinstallation process At the end it often seems to show the icons of the grassy knoll on the sides and the quot Welcome quot message that is blue still in the center for amaybe seconds then the screen is black then it seems to go on standby later at times it seems to reboot NOTE CORRECTED CPU INFORMTION I have a Gateway computer with an Intel Pentium III processor GB Ram and MHz It that is about four years old I use Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack The C drive is GB formatted into a drive C with the remainder not used as this computer configuration won t format and recognize a larger drive for drive C I have about GB unused on the C Drive I have MediaCom Cable Internet connection which is on all of the time Any help you can give is greatly appreciated Jim Harding nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have an HP Touchsmart 310-1000z. Its an all in one. The PC boots and goes to login screen because I can faintly see it. If I use a flashlight shining on the screen, I can see it. I was thinking it was a back-light issue but not sure this PC has one. I do however know it has a small inverter board. I have searched high and low for the service manual with no luck. This stuff is new to me. I could use some help in troubleshooting this one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390749-display-black.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Gateway Computer, DX4822-01, with Intel Pentium E5300 Dual Core 2.6GHZ each, 6GB Ram, and 1TB HDD, running Windows 7 Home Premium.

My display goes black and returns to the sign in screen requiring password every 60 seconds, when idle. How do I control what is happening here. If anyone out there can help it sure would be appreciated. I have the sleep & hibernate set at "never".

Thanks,

haplyss

A:Display Keeps Going Black

check EVENTVIEWER for errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/34642-display-keeps-going-black.html
Relevancy 43.86%

While trying to connecting to one of the two USB connectors on the towers I/O panel the display goes black, so does the sound. But the PSU are still running, so are the LED`s on the MB.
This comes and goes, sometimes it`s enough to touch the metal on the USB port and sometimes I can get it in and sit there for some time before it shortens.

it doesn`t matter what I try to plug in, and I have checked the grounding to the PSU - OK, shortening between wires from the ports - OK, no damaged wires. Tried to take out the reset plug from the MB.

But NO! Still no luck.

Computer is 2 weeks old and the case is a CM 690 II Advanced.

A:Display goes black when using USB

If it's 2 weeks old, return it for another one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150322-display-goes-black-when-using-usb.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 43.43%

I have an IBM Thinkpad A21p
Windows 2000

When I set my screen at 1600x1200, I am fine.
When I use any other display Setting, there is a black border around the functional display. The screen shows the number of pixels and then instead of stretching to fit the screen, just puts black in the rest of the space.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-border-around-display.245116/
Relevancy 43.43%

hey all, i just bought a new video card, when i connect it up to the tv, the display appears but only in black and white, i connected it up to another tv, and same thing happens

what can i do?

A:black and white tv display

It might be that your video card output is NTSC and the TV is PAL or vice versa.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-and-white-tv-display.148412/
Relevancy 43.43%

#1 14-Jan-2008 04:53 PM
t1zzee

Member Posts: 94

Display goes black right after windows splash screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I have a Gateway PIII running Windows XP Pro. Last weekend I was setting up a home network and now when I turn it on the display goes black just after the windows splash screen disappears. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?

Relevancy 43.43%

When I turn on the PC the monitor remains black. The block button flashes light blue, the wireless key will light orange light as the LED of the hard disk . if I connect an external monitor remains black. If I use a boot disk W7 or Ubuntu, the situation does not change.Also exchanging position to the boards of the Ram or putting only one, nothing changes. What can I do? Thank you.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Dv6-3152sl-black-display/td-p/5657984
Relevancy 43.43%

When retrieving a document image, ancestry.com displays a black image in place of the correct image. It worked correctly 2 days ago, and I know of no changes since that should have caused the problem. I had this problem several years ago and got the solution from ancestry tech support. Unfortunately, I no longer have notes from that phone call.

I am using ansestry's enhanced image viewer, but can't download the latest rev of the viewer. The download screen flashes on, disappears, and the black image reloads.

I have reviewed their FAQ, but the solutions don't sound familiar. I have cleared the cache, as suggested, to no effect. Their other suggestions are somewhat involved and aren't what I remember doing several years ago. As I remember the solution was simple but obscure.

OS is XP SP3 with IE 7.0 browser.

Can anyone help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ancestry-com-black-display-in-ie-7-a-335862.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a pc with 5200 dual proc chip 2.5 mghz. It has 4 gig memory. I have an nvidia geforce 610 external graphics card running 2 monitors. Everything was working fine until I installed windows up date. One of the updates was for the graphics card. Almost immediately after upgrade, I started having problems. Unit may run 10 minutes or several hours, then screen goes black and unit turns off. I have a dual boot machine, so I tried running under xp. It ran all day yesterday. No problem. I also ran it with the integrated video port and that worked ok. This morning I booted into windows 8, within 10 ninutes it died. I get an event id of 41. How do i figure out which upgrade causing problem and how do I remove it. I was gonna try restore However it wasnt configered to run before this happened.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-goes-black-and-pc-dies.1155434/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been using my external monitor along with my built in display for my laptop I have had it set to Extended Desktop and all looked well Now all of a sudden I went to plug in the external monitor into my laptop and it won't work It's detected but it's black I've tried changing the resolution restarting the computer uninstalling the monitor and re-installing it etc Things were fine until I updated my computer with Windows Update but now NO external monitor works I've even tried the FN F option for my MSi A I checked the VGA port and it is just fine The cables aren't torn either The laptop is detecting the monitors and even installed the drivers for them External Black is Display yet External Display is Black the external monitors are black I tried Clone Display and I tried using only the external monitor I could really use some help I've identified that there isn't physical damage to my laptop's VGA port so I'm really puzzled here Please help me out lt Thanks in advance

A:External Display is Black

1.Try using a different cable despite the cable looking like it has no damage. If that works, it is a problem with the cable. If not, go on to Step 2.
2.Try another monitor. If this works, the 1st monitor is broken. If not, go on to 3.
3. Try switching to another port if possible. If you do not have a second port, or this does not work, go on to 4. If it does, the port is broken.
4. Try using another PC with this monitor. If this works, the laptop may have a physical damage in the GPU or the motherboard. Go onto step 5.
(If none of the above steps work, I'm not able to help you farther since my knowledge limits it)
5. Try installing/reinstalling the monitor drivers if there is any. Go to the manufacturer website for this. If this does not work, continue to 6.
6. Try reinstalling the drivers for the GPU. It is crucial to carefully do this step since if this goes wrong, it will create another bigger problem. Please wait for a person with better knowledge to help guide you through the process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/327786-external-display-black.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just want to know if I'm the only one with this problem.  I have the latest update/firmware installed. Something when I browse the web, or change rapidly from one application to another (ex : Web to Word) The screen turn black for 1 sec.   It doesn't always happen, but enough times that I starts to bother me. The display is connected on the dockstation by a DVI or dualport connector (don't remember).  My monitor is a Dell.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-and-dockstation-display-to-black-for-1-sec/td-p/3435451
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

I have a major problem..............

I use yahoo messanger to chat and use the web cam too,I never had any problem.

I recently downloaded skype 2.0 with video thats the webcam, it works on Beta,I teasted it worked fine.But from the next day the webcam display is black,i am unable to view.

Is it possible that changing some option in skype would have lead to this problem......

Please give me all possible method to slove this problem,

I will be greatful to you.

Thanks!

Debjani

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-display-black.433703/
Relevancy 43.43%

Well I had my computer on sleep last night. The power went out.. which shouldn't be a problem, as the computer went to the regular resuming windows(vista 64) screen and everything seemed to load up correctly. However, when the desktop came up everything was black and white!

I've had the Nvidia GTX 260 216-core for a few months and it has worked pretty well, except for a few odd sounds. (clicking, buzzing)

I just updated my drivers in the last couple weeks. Tried restarting. Tried changing settings in the nvidia control panel. Nothing worked. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-and-white-display-gtx-260.900913/
Relevancy 43.43%

I posted this question a couple of weeks ago.

"Hi I have a Gateway PIII running Windows XP Pro. Last weekend I was setting up a home network and now when I turn it on the display goes black just after the windows splash screen disappears. Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?"

I got a response asking me if I could get into safe mode. I answered yes but I was wrong. Just after the splash screen my display goes black and I can get anything to respond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-goes-black-after-post.687002/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi I have this problem with vista: display turn black if i don't touch any key for 5 minutes, even I already set NEVER when to turn off display in settings.

Relevancy 43.43%

i buy hpau006x pavallion laptop ten days earlier yesterday i see one problem my display goes black suddenly for very few second and then ok....after ometime it again goes black and running ok...please assist me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/display-goes-black-and-flickerig-sometime-for-ome-second/td-p/5825995
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so whenever I watch a video of Black Screen(Not Black Death) Screen on my harddrive avi format usually Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death) or if I watch a video off youtube I will get a permanant black screen My computer keyboard will not respond and I will have to hard restart my computer My Graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT My driver is currently that of the one found here http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp dlc en amp cc us amp lang en amp os amp product I tried the driver that the Nvidia website tells me to use http www nvidia com object win winvista bit whql html But that driver gave me previous problems found at http forums techguy org windows- -freeze-problems-after-installing-windows html post From what I have experienced This quot black screen quot will occur if I use any form of flash player if I use VLC media player or Windows Media player Oddly from the couple of movies that I have seen on DVD format where I insert a DVD into my drive the computer will not give me a black screen I also play video games and have no problems from them Any ideas as to what the problem is EDIT In addition my monitor is supposed to have a drive My monitor Acer p w Im running Windows -bit I was suggested that I should get a driver for it even though there is no available driver for it that is Windows -bit compatible http us acer com acer service do tx g c att amp ctx att k amp CRC Therefor should I still DL a driver and if so which one there are no -bit compatible ones nbsp

A:Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

Overheating graphics card? Check its fan, if any, cooling fins, and air flow. Move other cards away if possible.

Corrupted codecs? Many "packs" contain substandard codecs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-not-black-screen-of-death.901995/
Relevancy 43%

My display goes dim in the middle of me working on it. I have to shut it down and restart the machine to get the display back. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Elitebook-8560p-display-goes-black-dim/td-p/5632676
Relevancy 43%

Three or four times now and all Black laptop on bars display in the past week my second-user Compaq Armada had it for months ish but it s fairly old - P mhz has booted up with inch-thick vertical black bars covering part of the screen through the Compaq logo thing the Windows loading screens the AVG boot-up scanner and it s still there on the desktop tilting the screen forward slightly fixes it straight away It then looks perfectly fine - colours etc are correct and sharp all over the display There s a rattle and the feeling that something s falling inside the lid every time it s opened and that s been happing for about months now and I haven t worried about it too much until now and I don t know if it s connected and everything apart from the dodgy display on start-up not every time and not always coming in exactly the same places and not always from the beginning or lasting right until the desktop the system is running fine The laptop has never been dropped or anything while I ve owned it anyway and is always stored lid-up with nothing stacked on it on a flat surface Black bars on laptop display in a laptop carry bag when not in use So anybody got any idea what s happening My screen isn t about to die any second is it Thanks in advance Kat nbsp

A:Black bars on laptop display

Laptop screens are connected to the motherboard vis a ribbon cable. It's possible that this is loose, or cracked, as tilting the screen fixes the problem.

If you are handy enough around taking apart a laptop, then it is an easy enough operation to open it up and check for yourself, however it is very easy to do damage to the case, and componenets if you are unsure of yourself.

Take it to a repair shop, or if you are willing to muck around with it, provide Exact specifications of the laptop, and a serial number if it is still there. That will make is easier to find technical docs that can help.

Where can I find the serial number on my Compaq Computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-bars-on-laptop-display.86673/
Relevancy 43%

So i recently have had some issues with my display My old GPU was a Radeon I was playing some newer games and I noticed it was starting to struggle Then the shuttering and flickering of my display started Occasionally my screen would blink to a black screen then come back on after about a day of this it started to full blown crash my PC i would reboot to find no error messages or reports I assumed my GPU was just getting old so i purchased a R i plan on building a whole new rig soon i booted up the PC with no problems I installed the drivers as necessary and waited for the PC to idle After about minutes it immediately started shuttering and flickering ing hell It no longer crashes but if i play a game it flickers then sometimes goes completely black the PSU is then Display goes Shuttering/Flickering black a thermaltake toughpower W gold and the monitor is a ASUS quot LCD generic thing Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Display Shuttering/Flickering then goes black

If it's possible, use another monitor and see if this issue is still there, that way you can rule out the monitor.

Monitors are much cheaper today, so replacing it with a better/newer one would be a good option

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/display-shuttering-flickering-then-goes-black-276868/
Relevancy 43%

I'm running Windows and connecting my GB GeForce GT 's HDMI output to a HP w h HD monitor There are times when my video display goes black for about seconds and then returns I notice it most in IE when using the mouse rollerball to scroll down a long web page Another time it happens a lot is when I hover over the taskbar thumbnails and try to jump between applications It will simply go completely black for about seconds and then switch to selected application The behavior is very similar to my home entertainment system I use my amplifier to switch between inputs that are all routed via HDMI to goes GT black periodically display 220 GeForce my HDTV When I switch the input from my Blu-Ray DVD to my Cable TV the screen goes black for a couple of seconds while GeForce GT 220 display periodically goes black it is switching The behavior in Windows is similar Could this be just a bad video card or maybe a HDMI issue or just something screwed up in Windows Any input I can get from you would be greatly appreciated Thx

A:GeForce GT 220 display periodically goes black

CAN U TELL ME YOUR
Experience with 220?

i m planing to buy it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/61508-geforce-gt-220-display-periodically-goes-black.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a user who asking me to fix his home PC that is running Vista and I am not really familar with it. I am told that when one user clicks their Icon, their desktop comes up in color. But when another user clicks their Icon, the screeen turns to black and white. Had user check appearance settings and both profiles show Vista Basic. Is there a setting that would cause the user to be just black and white?

Thanks!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-display-is-black-and-white-454922.html
Relevancy 43%

Sometimes I come back to my PC after a while, turn on my monitor and my screen is black even though my monitor is getting the power. I press everything, move my mouse nothing happens. My computer is powered on and it not in sleep state.

I made sure I have the high performance setting in the power options and even double checked to turn off options like 'turn off display' and 'sleep'.

Not sure why it happens and happens so randomly. I have searched similar threads here, but couldn't find a proper solution to this. The only thing i can do is a hard reset.

My specs (everything including the bios is updated)

MSI Z87 G 43 Gaming motherboard
Core i5 4670
Sapphire TriX R9 290 OC
8GB RAM
Win 8.1

Help would be really appreciated, thank you

A:Black display after idle (random)

Sounds like it could be the ACPI or chipset drivers. Have you tried re-installing them?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51992-black-display-after-idle-random.html
Relevancy 43%

I am having somewhat of an Black settings White & display 2 help! - issue with the video options for Black amp White The problem is that I would like to play the game with maximum display options but it only restricts me to low or on or off in the Black & White 2 - display settings help! check box things It is quite frustrating because B amp W looks like such a beautiful game and Black & White 2 - display settings help! as far as I know my PC setup meets all of the requirements Here are my specs Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c Card name NVIDIA GeForce FX LE Microsoft Corporation Display Memory MB Monitor Max Res Driver Version English As you can see my system meets all of the requirements so I do not understand why it will not allow me to play the game at full settings Even with the lowest possible resolution it will not I also updated the drivers for my video card so I know there is nothing wrong with that Please help a f out you guys edit I also uninstalled and reinstalled and downloaded the patch and it is still doing the same thing It also crashed a few times lol nbsp

A:Black & White 2 - display settings help!

my B&W2 worked for like a week and now it flash weird color on teh screen and then freezes in like 2 min.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-white-2-display-settings-help.416275/
Relevancy 43%

The problem started after the installation of the latest update of windows 10. While working on the pc the screen goes suddenly black but the power is still on. The only way to light again the screen is to switch the power off by pressing the button for 10sec so as to open the windows again. The laptop (Yoga 500-15ISK Laptop (ideapad) is brand new, 10 days in use.Also, the battery shows me a message "The adapter cannot support your computer fully and should be replaced as soon as possible". Does the laptop need replaced or are they any practical solutions that can be fixed by me?  my laptop's specifications :Processor: Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-6200 CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHzRAM: 4.00GB System Type: 4-bit Operating System, x64-based processor 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-the-display-goes-black-while-the-power-is-on/td-p/3400433
Relevancy 43%

Recently installed Win8. Had trouble in the beginning and had to refresh. Did so and lost a lot of programs but the internal files were still there. Got back up and running and reloaded programs. Recently, my display would flicker to black and then come back on. Message would appear saying that the display had crashed and fixed itself. Did this three or four times. Today I was exiting from a game and the screen went black. Now it just stays black. I've turned the laptop off/on, but no display. Sort of at a loss now. Power lights, etc., all come on, just no display.

I realize this may not be a Win8 problem and may be hardware issue. Any ideas?