Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?"

Q: Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?"

To 7 running total min. memory "memory leak?" few a Windows after at explorer.exe start I have Windows on Sony Vaio laptop I have been working on the issues with the malware removal team but now machine looks clean I am still having issues When starting the computer and going to the task manager I can watch explorer exe start at about K memory usage and then grow constantly until it is running with almost all of the computer s physical memory after about seven min I cannot get the context menu to show up after a few min by right clicking on anything I had been experiencing quot freezing quot while playing Eden Eternal an online role playing game before that which made me consider malware and seek help here at BleepingComputer The freezing has ended last time I played on that Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" machine at least but now there seems to be some issue with the explorer exe taking all of the memory I haven t been using the machine since I don t trust that there s not something running in the background that shouldn Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" t be In resource monitor there were quot connections quot that had quot - quot for both the name and the PID but I don t know if that was the malware of if that s normal somehow Issue with explorer exe seems to be limited to only one user account and not the other one That is to say that if I log on one of the other accounts explorer exe behaves normally as far as memory usage Previous topic linked here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Topic before linked here as well http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?"

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473377/windows-7-explorerexe-running-at-total-memory-after-a-few-min-memory-leak/
Relevancy 104.49%

I have no idea what may be causing a Handle leak or memory leak or what causes them Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by eric administrator on ERIC - - Running from C Users eric DownloadsLoaded Profiles eric Available Profiles eric Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Edge Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Webroot C Program Files Webroot WRSA exe Intel Corporation C Windows SysWOW IntelCpHeciSvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel TXE Components TCS HeciServer exe DoD PKE Engineering C Program Files DoD-PKE InstallRoot InstallRootService exe ABBYY C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files EPSON EpsonCustomerParticipation EPCP exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Toshiba Corporation C Program Files TOSHIBA Teco TecoService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics leak and Leak Handle firefox.exe memory explorer.exe SynTP SynTPEnhService exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Windows System TODDSrv exe Seiko Epson Corporation C Windows System escsvc exe Webroot C Program Files Webroot WRSA exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Handle Leak explorer.exe and memory leak firefox.exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Handle Leak explorer.exe and memory leak firefox.exe WPF PresentationFontCache exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SystemApps Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy RemindersServer exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files TOSHIBA Teco TecoResident exe SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION C Program Files x EPSON Software Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files x DTS Inc DTS Studio Sound dts apo service exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe WildTangent C Program Files x WildTangent Games App GamesAppIntegrationService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SettingSyncHost exe TOSHIBA Corporation C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station TMachInfo exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe Google C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Steam SteamService exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft ZuneVideo x wekyb d bbwe Video UI exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Windows Photos x wekyb d bbwe Microsoft Photos exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft WindowsCalculator x wekyb d bbwe Calculator exe C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft Messaging x wekyb d bbwe SkypeHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System WWAHost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files WindowsApps Microsoft WindowsStore x wekyb d bbwe WinStore Mobile exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefo... Read more

A:Handle Leak explorer.exe and memory leak firefox.exe

Greetings Egyoung1 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far.Are you or have you been in Germany?What information are you seeing regarding the leaks?Please do this.===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterClick Format and check Word WrapPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your desktop (<<<Important) as fixlist.txtSearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4203953536-1566099970-3647134959-1001 -> DefaultScope {DC04703F-CF46-447B-B34C-C89ABA216644} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4203953536-1566099970-3647134959-1001 -> {DC04703F-CF46-447B-B34C-C89ABA216644} URL =
Task: {0F6C3413-707B-4F2F-9CC0-7A759DE8DF97} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxcontent -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {2B070727-E711-4C5D-8D26-DDF03C207554} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\refreshgwxconfig-B -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {32574149-4F7E-46DF-97A8-3CD747BF6AA9} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\MachineUnlock-5d -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {37DF0FEA-FDF9-42D2-AD39-2354B1D4D17F} - \Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\OutOfIdle-5d -> No File <==== AT... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603241/handle-leak-explorerexe-and-memory-leak-firefoxexe/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi It didn t usually do this but probably after some windows update Windows Solved: memory leak going? memory is 8.1 all my where it started happening of gb ram Solved: Windows 8.1 where is all my memory going? memory leak used when idle Task manager and resource monitor doesn t show what is using the memory When I add up all the services it doesn t even add up to More like - of total ram Does anyone have a fix I ve looked and already tried disabling the ndu sys via the regedit changing value of start to It didn t work If you don t have a fix perhaps you can guide me in trying to identify the problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD SAMSUNG NP Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Don t know why it says windows defender is disabled It is not Also the system info utility did not detect my AMD Radeon HD m mb Windows was upgraded from to a few months and and didn t display said problem until recently Windows is legit and registered etc nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 8.1 where is all my memory going? memory leak

Ok, I had hyper-v enabled. Although it wasn't running, it seems as though windows was still reserving some resources for it. Once I disabled it via "turn windows features on or off" and restarted my memory usage immediately returned to the way it was.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-8-1-where-is-all-my-memory-going-memory-leak.1148843/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi. Recently I copied my P2P download folder to a new, larger hard drive. I've noticed that whenever I open the folder, my computer starts running rather sluggishly (I have a 2.8 gigahertz celeron, and 1 gig of ram). This has never happened before. I look in the task manager, and explorer.exe is using near 100% of cpu power, what I believe is called a memory leak. This is solved by restarting explorer.exe, but it comes back every time I open the folder, whether it's from the shortcut on the desktop (which really is a shortcut to a Kazaa application that then opens the folder, or so it seems to me...) or from My Computer.

I'm anxious to solve this problem. Thanks!

Daniel

A:Explorer memory leak?

Actually, a memory leak is where the application continually consumes more and more memory.

I think what you have is a spyware/malware infection. First step would be to get rid of Kazaa, since that's implicated in tons of these kinds of reports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-memory-leak.341971/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hey everyone. I am running Windows XP and I installed SP2 about a month ago. I just noticed a few days ago that under my processes, explorer.exe is getting out of control. When I start up, it is at the normal 20,000 K. However, it then continues to climb. For example, I restarted an hour ago and it is at 52,000 K already. It climbs to upwards of about 200,000 K. I'm assuming this is a memory leak of some kind, but not sure. Last night I did a virus scan, ad-aware scan, cleaned the files up, a defragged. While everything else is running great, i still have this "memory leak" with the explorer.exe. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:explorer.exe memory leak?

Hmm... I just checked mine, and it's using 52,380k, never checked it before. I haven't had any virus or spyware issues, so that may be normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-memory-leak.344502/
Relevancy 96.32%

My laptop seems to have a memory leak with explorer exe What happens is this I ll be reading a forum and eventually pictures will no longer be displayed I look in the task manager and explorer exe is around K I end the task explorer exe and then restart it and it s around K Also my CPU usage isn t out of the ordinary which is to when at idle I have done virus scans highjackThis scans and malware scans in safe mode with nothing coming up Does anyone know what might cause the memory leak I m running XP Home Here is a highjackthis report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe with leak explorer.exe Memory R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Memory leak with explorer.exe Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar BHO - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exe O - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe O - HKCU Run Orb quot C Program Files Winamp Remote bin OrbTray exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp Winamp Toolbar Search - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Winamp Toolbar ieToolbar resources en-US local search html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www toshiba com O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http gfx hotmail com mail w resources MSNPUpld cab O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cab O - DPF E A -CEFB- - F-C C B F B Domino Web Access Control - https aumail american edu dwa W cab O - Filter text html - A DB -B B - D -A - C D F C - C WINDOWS mf A F dll O - Service PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System PnkBstrA exe nbsp

A:Memory leak with explorer.exe

As you see Filter: text/html - {A8981DB9-B2B3-47D7-A890-9C9D9F4C5552} - C:\WINDOWS\mf6A0F.dll this refer to a library file that is made to redirect the search enginese like google or yahoo to some sites that go to search.com finaly
Delete that file mf6A0F.dll and the registry key you can do that by start---run- write regedit and search with ctrl+f and enter this text A8981DB9-B2B3-47D7-A890-9C9D9F4C5552 and delete that key.
Sorry for my bad english

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-leak-with-explorer-exe.693198/
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a Vista computer. When I log onto a limited account (but not the admin account) explorer will have a memory leak. It will increase rapidly till it takes up about 2,000,000 kb of memory, at which point my computer will dump the physical memory and crash. I do not know what is causing it, or why it does not happen to the admin account. Starting in safe mode does not prevent the memory leak, but if I turn off explorer and run everything using cmd or taskmgr, then the computer runs normally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-memory-leak.1025591/
Relevancy 95.03%

I have a win 7 64, asus M4 a785 MB with 4 GB RAM

I am trying to identify a memory leak. After a reboot I am typically at 1638 MB used and it gradually rises over a few days to about 3000MB used.

Now my problem is that if I open "Process explorer" (the one from systernal) and dump the usage and compare them, they are not changing.
SVChost, system explorer , mbam... all stay approx the same for a total load of 1240MB.
There is another approx 400MB used that grows to 1700MB and that I cannot track.
any others tools to diagnose the total memory and where it is used.

tia, soso

A:Memory leak - not in process explorer

Welcome,

Nothing really new here in terms of what can be used, but rather detail explanations on how to use them.

Windows 7 memory usage: What&#039;s the best way to measure? | ZDNet

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/89643-memory-leak-not-process-explorer.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Ever since yesterday, I get instances of Explorer.exe randomly generating and sucking up CPU cycles, memory, and handles. I don't know where it's coming from. But it seems that a couple instances of ctfmon.exe always appear before it happens. I've run AVG, Spybot, and MBAM to try to track this down. I've tried starting the system with only Microsoft services. I'm no closer to a solution.
I can't troubleshoot this one on my own. Help.
Windows 7 64 bit, Gigabyte motherboard.
HJT log included. Mod Edit:  Removed HJT log, not used in this forum, not allowed, not needed for system issues - Hamluis.

A:Explorer.exe processes leak memory, handles, and CPU

Download Anvir Task manager free portable if you don`t want to install it - http://www.anvir.com/download.htm
Unzip it and double click on Anvir icon.It will start application.Click on tab - Processes.Select one of these randomly generating instances and with right click choose option check online.A webpage from VirusTotal will be opened.Post the link of this page.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526157/explorerexe-processes-leak-memory-handles-and-cpu/
Relevancy 92.88%

Ever since yesterday, I get instances of Explorer.exe randomly generating and sucking up CPU cycles, memory, and handles. I don't know where it's coming from. But it seems that a couple instances of ctfmon.exe always appear before it happens. I've run AVG, Spybot, and MBAM to try to track this down. I've tried starting the system with only Microsoft services. I'm no closer to a solution.

I can't troubleshoot this one on my own. Help.

Windows 7 64 bit, Gigabyte motherboard.

HJT log included.

A:Solved: Explorer.exe processes leak memory, handles, and CPU

Looks like a got it. TDSSKiller found a Cidox rootkit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-explorer-exe-processes-leak-memory-handles-and-cpu.1121023/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi I am helping my parents troubleshoot their trojan extreme causing slowness leak usage. or system Memory high memory and computers My feeling Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. is that they are both infected with the same virus trojan but I can find it or figure out what is going on The each have identical laptops and both are experience identical problems Both are running Avast and both systems are not turning up any discovered viruses or trojans during scans I am on the verge of completely refronting both of their laptops and am really hoping I can avoid having to do that I suspected that maybe they were both infected with poweliks but the below FRST shows at least Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. I think so that neither are infected with that trojan I am now thinking its a memory leak on some recent driver app update - but either trojan or memory leak I am not finding it Symptoms After a clean reboot within to hours both systems begin to get very sluggish both audio and video starts to skip and lag both mice bounce around like crazy when trying to move the pointer After about hours the laptops simply freeze to the point that they have to pull the Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. batteries to get them to shut off I had my Dad run FRST on his computer below are the results FRST Scan results FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Preston administrator on PRESTON-HP on - - Running from C Users Preston Favorites Downloads Loaded Profiles Preston Available profiles Preston Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved C Windows agent x exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkManager exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUserAgent exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Carbonite Inc www carbonite com C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x HP Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System LogonUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe Team Corporation C Program Files x Team Corporation Sync Sync exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewle... Read more

A:Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt1] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt2] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt3] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt4] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
URLSearchHook: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 - (No Name) - {D8278076-BC68-4484-9233-6E7F1628B56C} - No File
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {5B9BE58A-18FA-42E0-AE99-3A195251151F} URL = http://asksearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&src=kw&tb=WBV6&itbv=11.8.1.739&o=APN10787&locale=en_US&apn_uid=8A1A7B7D-8047-4141-B4B5-C82410EDB840&apn_ptnrs=^AVT&apn_dtid=^YYYYYY^YY^US&apn_dbr=ff_21.0&doi=2013-06-07&q={searchTerms}&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL = http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576055/memory-leak-or-trojan-causing-extreme-system-slowness-and-high-memory-usage/
Relevancy 92.45%

So I've had this problem for a few months with my Unknown memory Win7 usage? leak and General memory thinkpad x win home premium bit I used ccleaner run memtest multiple times chkdsk multiple times sfc scan multiple times none that helped Sfc always detects errors but always cannot fix some of them I have mse avast and malwarebytes and scanned them with absolutely no results I've run rootkit scanners with no results Basically after a few hours the memory use rises up to out of my gb with absolutely no intensive processes running I'll attach rammap and processexplorer screenshots I know this is not quot normal quot behavior because once my ram goes over the system slows down to where General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage? I can't end tasks open new programs even things like deleting a file take minutes Once it reaches or my screen starts flashing black kind of like if you blink fast I have to hard restart every time this General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage? happens This is not normal I've had quot experts quot on other forums tell me its win using the ram to its greatest Its not As soon as I restart and open my usual programs browser steam openoffice winamp utorrent my ram is at around or percent If I leave the same programs open and just leave it on for hours the ram gets to and my screen starts flashing and I have to reboot If you look at the rammap and process explorer shots the most ram intensive programs are chrome and firefox but they only use mb each Everything else is only - mb and do not add up to the gb my computer uses after only a few hours The thing I noticed is that the quot page table quot is using gb of my ram don't know what it is though I tested my hdd using crystaldiskinfo and hdtune and found nothing Although I did replace the factor hdd with a larger gb one and imaged my previous hdd But I don't think this is the problem since I've had the new hdd for a year and the problems started in the last few months My ram is gb gb factory and gb corsair select I bought afterwards I tested my computer with memtest and manually rebooted with each stick and the same thing happened only faster because of the less ram it must be a software issue Ram Use Note both these show the screenshots when my computer was at like gb ram is unaccounted for Ram Use - Imgur

A:General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage?

Hi mesohamster welcome to SevenForums

First I recommend uninstalling Avast then we could go from there . Using Revo Uninstaller

Click on the app inside RevoUnistaller and choose uninstall
Click on Yes to agree you want to uninstall
If you get the builtin Uninstaller for the app use that and once you're done click Finish
Back inside RevoUninstaller click on Next
Let RevoUninstaller scan for left over registry keys . Click on Select All and choose Delete .
Once done click on Next.
Let the left over files and folders be locates then Click on Select All then click Delete then Next and you should be done .

Restart PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287943-general-win7-memory-leak-unknown-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 92.45%

we have windows of a new hp pc prodesk g mt business pc we cannot identify the problem we used the after is slowly week is increasing Slow Memory memory 90% leak 1 hp drivers software and fully updated windows and the latest drivers Please recommend troubleshooting steps what is causing the problem Code C Windows System drivers gt findstr l m Thre sys ohci sys Slow Memory leak memory is increasing slowly after 1 week is 90% acpi sys afd sys AGP sys ahcache sys akshasp sys akshhl sys aksusb sys amdk sys amdppm sys amdxata sys appid sys arcsas sys asyncmac sys ataport sys BasicDisplay sys BasicRender sys battc sys bowser sys bridge sys BtaMPM sys bxvbda sys cdfs sys cdrom sys CEA sys Classpnp sys clfs sys cng sys cnghwassist sys condrv sys csc sys dam sys dfsc sys dmvsc sys dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys dxgmms sys EhStorClass sys EhStorTcgDrv sys evbda sys exfat sys fastfat sys fdc sys fileinfo sys flpydisk sys fltMgr sys fsdepends sys fvevol sys FWPKCLNT SYS GAGP KX sys hdaudbus sys hidbatt sys hidclass sys http sys hvsocket sys i prt sys iaLPSSi I C sys iaStorA sys iaStorAV sys iaStorB sys iaStorS sys iaStorV sys ibbus sys igdkmd sys IntcDAud sys intelppm sys ipfltdrv sys IPMIDrv sys irda sys irenum sys kbdhid sys kdnic sys ks sys ksecdd sys lltdio sys luafv sys mlx bus sys mmcss sys modem sys mountmgr sys mpsdrv sys mrxdav sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys msfs sys msgpioclx sys msiscsi sys mslldp sys msrpc sys mup sys ndis sys NdisImPlatform sys ndisuio sys Ndu sys netbt sys netio sys npfs sys nsiproxy sys ntfs sys nvhda v sys nvlddmkm sys nvraid sys nvstor sys nvvad v sys NV AGP SYS parport sys pci sys pcw sys pdc sys portcls sys processr sys PROCEXP SYS PROCMON SYS qwavedrv sys rasacd sys raspptp sys rccfg sys rcraid sys rdbss sys rdpdr sys rdyboost sys refsv sys rmcast sys rspndr sys RTKVHD sys sdbus sys sdport sys sdstor sys ser pl sys serenum sys serial sys sermouse sys Smb driver AMDASF Aux sys Smb driver Intel sys Smb driver Intel Aux sys spaceport sys srv sys srv sys srvnet sys storahci sys storport sys storqosflt sys stream sys Synth dVsc sys SynTP sys tcpip sys tdx sys TeeDriverW x sys terminpt sys tpm sys tunnel sys UAGP sys UcmUcsi sys Ucx sys udfs sys ufxsynopsys sys ULIAGPKX SYS urssynopsys sys USBCAMD sys usbccgp sys usbhub sys USBHUB SYS usbport sys USBSTOR SYS USBXHCI SYS VerifierExt sys vhdmp sys videoprt sys vmbkmcl sys vmbus sys volmgrx sys volsnap sys wacompen sys wanarp sys watchdog sys Wdf sys WdFilter sys WdfLdr sys WdNisDrv sys werkernel sys wfplwfs sys WindowsTrustedRT sys winhv sys wof sys ws ifsl sys WUDFPf sys WUDFRd sys xboxgip sys C Windows System drivers gt also C Windows System drivers gt findstr l m Proc sys ohci sys acpi sys acpiex sys acpipagr sys adp xx sys afd sys agilevpn sys ahcache sys aksdf sys amdk sys amdppm sys appid sys arcsas sys asyncmac sys ataport sys BasicRender sys bowser sys bridge sys bxvbda sys capimg sys cdfs sys cdrom sys CEA sys Classpnp sys clfs sys ClipSp sys cng sys cnghwassist sys condrv sys crashdmp sys csc sys dam sys devauthe sys dfsc sys drmk sys Dumpata sys dumpsd sys dxgkrnl sys dxgmms sys dxgmms sys EhStorClass sys evbda sys exfat sys fastfat sys fdc sys fileinfo sys filetrace sys fltMgr sys fsdepends sys fvevol sys FWPKCLNT SYS GAGP KX sys hardlock sys hdaudbus sys hidclass sys hidinterrupt sys http sys hvsocket sys hyperkbd sys i prt sys iai c sys iaLPSS i I C sys iaLPSSi I C sys iaStorA sys iaStorAV sys iaStorB sys iaStorS sys iaStorV sys ibbus sys igdkmd sys IntcDAud sys intelpep sys intelppm sys IOMap sys ioqos sys IPMIDrv sys ipnat sys ks sys ksecdd sys ksecpkg sys ksthunk sys luafv sys MaXTeDrv sys mlx bus sys mmcss sys modem sys mpsdrv sys mrxdav sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys mrxsmb sys msfs sys msgpioclx sys msiscsi sys msrpc sys ndis sys NdisImPlatform sys ndisuio sys ndiswan sys Ndu sys netbios sys netbt sys netio sys npfs sys nsiproxy sys ntfs sys nvhda v sys nvlddmkm sys nvraid sys NV AGP SYS pacer sys parport sys partmgr sys pci sys pciidex sys pcmcia... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48651-slow-memory-leak-memory-increasing-slowly-after-1-week-90-a.html
Relevancy 91.59%

HI I am having a problem with my memory getting tied up used up and not being able to access it again until I reboot Machine Dell xps studio OS Win Processor i RAM GB max it will take Video ATI Radeon running monitors Versions As far as I know I am running current versions of everything including video drivers flash chrome etc I've tried running Chrome with both the build in version of flash and the system version -haven't seen a difference Browser I nearly exclusively run Chrome Canary with auto-updates so am at the latest builds What seems to cause me to use up run out of memory is after I play videos YouTube Netflix etc the memory seems to get used but is Use (Memory vid. playing after Excessive Memory Leak?) Troubleshooting not returned to the system even if the browser is closed and re-opened Right now for example things Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid. are Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid. working fine I rebooted Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid. my system a couple hours ago but have not played any videos I have Adobe Lightroom running Picasa Chrome and Canary currently web browser windows open with tabs open Task Manager currently shows me using GB of ram that seems pretty reasonable to me Normally my system will keep running properly if a program is closed memory is freed up right up until I start to play any videos YouTube Netflix etc then it will start using up more memory Of course I expect it to use more memory during playback However even if I restart the browser the memory does not get freed back up For example just prior to the reboot with everything closed I was using right around GB of ram Once I rebooted I was using something GB of ram prior to opening any programs However once I start playing some videos I never seem to be able to get my ram freed back up again unless I reboot the whole system This is not just a problem with how much memory the system shows as being available I frequently actually run out of memory Task Manager will show me as using around GB and then everything starts swapping out like crazy I'm not a programmer but to me this seems like some sort of memory leak issue perhaps from Flash Is there anything that I might be able to do other than to re-boot the entire system after I play a video to get the memory back again We often use the computer as our TV and one of the monitors is playing something just about every night so rebooting gets to really be a pain Thanks so much for your time Jamie Dolan

A:Troubleshooting Excessive Memory Use (Memory Leak?) after playing vid.

Have you looked in Chromes own task manager to see if you can find a tab using excessive ram?

Using the Task Manager in Chrome Browser

See if indeed closing the video tab actually deletes the listing from the task manager perhaps?

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/256959-troubleshooting-excessive-memory-use-memory-leak-after-playing-vid.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Has anyone else noticed that chkdsk uses all available physical memory if you let it run long enough I find that if I run chkdsk and leak memory usage memory / high chkdsk watch the memory usage in task manager it jumps by about MB every seconds or so until it either finishes or hits around GB at which point my physical memory shows used I'm running GB and the system of course slows to a crawl If you just run a quick chkdsk on your boot drive you may not notice it but try running something longer like chkdsk r on a flash drive or chkdsk f on a bigger internal drive but not chkdsk high memory usage / memory leak your OS drive as this would require a reboot and watch the memory usage climb I have duplicated this on both systems I have running win My XP machine checking the same USB flash drive uses a much more normal amount of memory for chkdsk - MB Anyway just looking for suggestions as I have old hard drives that I would like to check Normally I would run all at once but with this system it's just not possible as they each use about MB of memory and once all the system RAM is used up the disk checking process slows down a lot

A:chkdsk high memory usage / memory leak

chkdsk /r is implys /f if you only doing NTFS format then try /I or /D or /C

/I NTFS only: Performs a less vigorous check of index entries.
/C NTFS only: Skips checking of cycles within the folder
structure.
/B NTFS only: Re-evaluates bad clusters on the volume
(implies /R)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/11815-chkdsk-high-memory-usage-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello all New member here I have had an issue with my PC since I quot upgraded quot to windows earlier this year that is driving me batty Unfortunately I upgraded the hardware motherboard CPU and RAM at the same time so I can't rule out a hardware issue completely The issue stuck around despite a total hard disk wipe and reinstall from scratch I'm a relative noob as far as this sort of troubleshooting and I'm really not sure how to proceed My normal modus operandi has been to simply wipe and start over if I ran into serious enough issues but that did not work this time always Leak. runs Memory of Probable System memory out Months of google searches have not really yielded any progress so I thought it could not hurt to ask here So the problem Basically the longer the system runs the more memory it uses Eventually it freezes up and itf you let it alone long enough after this starts it will finally reboot itself Doing Probable Memory Leak. System always runs out of memory anything intensive hastens the process of memory drain basically the harder it works the faster it happens If I am using the PC hard it only takes a couple hours to Probable Memory Leak. System always runs out of memory burn through all GB If I am away for days with nothing but background processes running it takes a few days but it eventually crashes and reboots The only thing that might be slightly out of the ordinary for most users is the fact that I use the PC as my TV and DVR through Windows Media Center and the use of a Silicondust HD Homerun Prime cablecard tuner Other than that it's pretty basic stuff on my PC I don't do any gaming these days and usually the hardest workout the machine gets is downloading large files like movies I will try to attach a few snapshots of task manager etc as I gather you folks can make more sense of them than I can If you need anything else please do not hesitate to ask I am sick of rebooting my PC all the time to avoid crashes Any and all help would be sincerely appreciated Alan

A:Probable Memory Leak. System always runs out of memory

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab showing memory information.
This shows important information not found anywhere else.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60127-probable-memory-leak-system-always-runs-out-memory.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Now i'm using windows but I had this problem also when using windows pro The windows pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times to make clean install Also windows I got it free online and the same problem For example now i'm ? and Chrome leak Memory usage Edge memory 80-97% using Edge I have two windows opened in one I have tabs open and in the other I have like tabs open But the problem happen also with two windows and tabs open in each one The problem is that once I start Edge or Chrome on windows pro or windows I see in Task Manager that the memory usage is about Then after some times without doing anything special the memory usage raise to - Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% then ine many cases also to - - Now and in most of the times Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% I have in the background a game running in this case battlefield bad company that take about - MB of memory But it happen even if I close the game The only way to push the memory usage down is in the task Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% manager to shut down the Edge Chrome and all it's tabs Then to start the browser again I tested my pc with memtest I don't have any memory errors I don't have any blue screens Can't figure out where is the problem My brother have like - years old pc then my one with GB ram and he can open like tabs of chrome without a problem While the memory usage raise to - everything is running slow all the pc is slow almost freezing Before finding a fix I was wondering if there is a way to dig and find what cause the problem And also if there is any fix already i would like to know about since i couldn't find anything yet

A:Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

Originally Posted by Chocolade

My brother have like 10-15 years old pc then my one with 4GB ram and he can open like 20 tabs of chrome without a problem.

It also depends, what kind of and how many extensions you have.
Some of them might be causing it, try to temporarily disable all.
Finding a cause can be difficult, you can try CleanMem Free.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/45739-edge-chrome-memory-leak-memory-usage-80-97-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hello i got a very annoying prob when i using Internet Explorer I've noticed that there seems to be a Explorer + 2 from Internet task stuck manu rmve Memory Leak + unable memory leak of some sort Usually after an extended browsing session or having opened a lot of Internet Explorer Memory Leak + stuck + unable 2 rmve from task manu Internet Explorer windows sometime the browser becomes non-responsive and some time otomaticly restart more annoying is that after it happen i cant remove it from the task menu end process cant help sometime when in happen i restart my firewall and the conectivity internet is ok but stil cant close it normaly or with the task menu so ive got restart windows there is other prob that sometime most of the time heppen and i think its connected when i start the computer in the morning after copple of minutes the computer freeze usuely i start bitorrent or some other consuming software then i do restart and everything is ok the rest of the day no spyware or viruses checked it my system vista ultimate ie Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro PC duel core intel Ghz gb ram internet connection thru usb surfboard modem M connection tnx in ahead every help is much appreciated

A:Internet Explorer Memory Leak + stuck + unable 2 rmve from task manu

welcom lets maybe check for any infections to start with Please run both of these and post the results for checking Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your Desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".

(If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.then do this scan Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your Desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.

If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180858/internet-explorer-memory-leak-stuck-unable-2-rmve-from-task-manu/
Relevancy 89.87%

Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually Memory Leak When I starting the Windows in the first few hours everything is normal But after day or sooner or later the amount of available memory gradually goes down and the Leak) Usage Gradually Memory Up Goes (Memory physical memory usage increasing This increasing continues until the memory usage reaches near the and at that point there isn't any memory available to operate any software Also when memory reaches that point I can't access any drive in the HDD because everytime I want to open any folder the following error appears c is not accessible Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service At this point I even can't shutdown or restart Windows normally I must restart windows manually by pressing the restart button after restart everything goes to normal again but this problem appears again and again I had to restart Windows every or days here is the screenshots of processes and performance tabs in the Task Manager at memory usage You can see that there is no software application that uses this amount of memory my system ------------------------ OS Windows Ultimate x Cpu Intel P GHz Vga nVidia MB Gigabyte GA- I G Duo PSU Corsair W RAM GB DDR- Transcend I have Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) these memories for years Physical Memory mb Paging File mb Virtual Memory mb I already did the following actions but unfortunately none of them helped me - using some optimizing and freeing softwares like Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) Memory Booster Gold - RAM Saver Pro - CleanMem - Scanning my computer with antivirus and antispywares - Changing antivirus software - Updating windows with all updates available via Windows Update - Updating drivers of all hardwares - Downloading and installing the following hotfixes that are related to memory leak http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb - Using CClenaer for clearing everything and using memtest for finding any possible error in Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) memory And here is screenshot from Process Explore from Sysinternals Suite at memory usage So is there anything that I can do to solve this problem any solution hotfixe trick suggestion anything

A:Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak)

Hi, in cases like this I like to look to the most obvious cause and one very often ignored. One of the major problems in Vista XP and 7 is a corrupt pagefile . Can return all sorts of problems and is simple to fix and perfectly safe. Is the paging file on the C drive? Or have you moved it somewhere else, if on the same drive as the OS then:-

Go to control panel, system and security system
Click on advanced tab
In the performance section click on settings
Again click on Advanced

Select the Virtual memory custom tab and set max and min to 00, 00 click on set then apply and ok out. Reboot computer.

Now go back to VM settings and select "system managed size" again press set and apply and ok out Reboot to take effect.

This has created a new pagefile and set the VM to the preferred settings.

Let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-usage-goes-up-gradually-memory-leak-485340.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually Memory Leak When I Up Gradually Goes Usage Memory Leak) (Memory starting the Windows in the first few hours everything is normal But after day or sooner or later the amount of available memory gradually goes down and the physical memory usage increasing This increasing continues until the memory usage Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) reaches near the and at that Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) point there isn t any memory available to operate any software Also when memory reaches that point I can t access any drive in the HDD because everytime I want to open any folder the following error appears c is not accessible Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service At this point I even can t shutdown or restart Windows normally Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) I must restart windows manually by pressing the restart button after restart everything goes to normal again but this problem appears again and again I had to restart Windows every or days here is the screenshots of processes and performance tabs in the Task Manager at memory usage You can see that there is no software application that uses this amount of memory my system ------------------------ OS Windows Ultimate x Cpu Intel P GHz Vga nVidia MB Gigabyte GA- I G Duo PSU Corsair W RAM GB DDR- Transcend I have these memories for years Physical Memory mb Paging File mb Virtual Memory mb I already did the following actions but unfortunately none of them helped me - using some optimizing and freeing softwares like Memory Booster Gold - RAM Saver Pro - CleanMem - Scanning my computer with antivirus and antispywares - Changing antivirus software - Updating windows with all updates available via Windows Update - Updating drivers of all hardwares - Downloading and installing the following hotfixes that are related to memory leak http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb - Using CClenaer for clearing everything and using memtest for finding any possible error in memory And here is screenshot from Process Explore from Sysinternals Suite at memory usage So is there anything that I can do to solve this problem any solution hotfixe trick suggestion anything nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Just got on the computer now, and suddenly everything seems to be slow, I checked the memory and found out that some program is using 94% of the memory, when I was looking for the program I found out that no program is using that amount of memory, 200 at most.

I downloaded RAMmap to map out the memory, and found out that about 94% of the memory is Nonpaged Pool (unallocated?)
. Please see the image below:

As you can see the memory leak clearly.
This is a new PC with windows installed a few days ago.
Win8.1 64x (all up to date) intel i7 haswell, z87g45 Gaming, 8Gram, gtx650ti boost, 128G ssd.

A:RAM Leak Win8.1_64x (Memory Leak) + Picture.

Here is a second picture, after a computer restart, without firefox it gets to 15% although there is no application who is running on 15% (of 8G, is about 1,000MB of process, which in the picture you can see that it cant be). - maybe it's ok maybe not, in both cases there is a leak as you can see in the first post.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37777-ram-leak-win8-1_64x-memory-leak-picture.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello everyone!

Google Chrome browser, along with their extensions, are responsible for excessive memory consumption on Windows OS.

As the Chrome closing in management tasks, be observed a significant reduction in the use of memory (seen but not captured).

Using Windows Kit, Poolmon.exe, with open or closed Chrome the value of CM31 tag leak is pretty much the same, just over 80 million bytes.

CM31 relates to what?

Remembering my English is not the official language.

attachments:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579489/memory-leak-windows-8/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello about two weeks ago I started to have a memory leak unfortunately right around the time wildstar came out Just leaving my computer idle the memory just keeps piling on to the point that if I leave it on over night and wake up the next morning it's idling at about usage 7 bad leak 64 Very windows bit memory and a constant ish on the cpu I figured it was a virus although I haven't gotten one in years so I ran malwarebytes and a couple of different antiviruses and nothing came up So I thought it was bad memory bought two new gb sticks and through them in and exact same thing happened even on gb it's now taking up gb of ram just idling and resource monitor shows that barely gb are actually being used The only odd thing I noticed is that svchost seemed to be taking up a ton but nowhere near that much Really unsure of what to do aside from system restoring but I would rather know Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit what this issue is and get it fixed then do that Any help at all would Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit be fantastic Below Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit is a link to pictures of my task manager and resource monitor imgur the simple image sharer imgur the simple image sharer

A:Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit

This may tell you where to look but I don't see a remedy. You may have to uninstall.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...en-since-beta/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335277-very-bad-memory-leak-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello there For a week or so now I have had to deal with my memory problem I have GB of memory and the process shows as quot System quot was taking nearly over GB or sometimes GB for an unknown reason but Leak) (Memory Windows 10 this only happened when I was on it for extensive periods I have now fixed that problem however there Windows 10 (Memory Leak) is still one more memory leak This memory leak however is not cause by a program i checked my process list and I saw Chrome taking the highest amount of memory being MB However when I go on my performance list I saw - GB leaving around MB - MB free but it is not a process taking the memory Can you please help me with this Images Processes Highest to lowest memory order Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Performance The graph showing memory usage Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Also I have performed a scan with both Avira and Malwarebytes to see if they can detect and Viruses Trojans Cookies etc It had shown some viruses which has been Quarantined and cleared yet this problem is still occurring The following is what i have already used to fix my memory leak Disabling Superfetch exe via regeedit Setting the quot Start quot file in Systems to have a value of rather than via regedit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-memory-leak-1056986.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi every one i have a memory leak on my pc. it has started before and it was so bad i decided to re install 8.1 and it got fixed instantly. now a few month later after formatting all my disk it is happening again. i have tried re installing 8.1 3 times now and all head the memory leak my system is in dutch but there are translations next to the images   in the systeam task manager i have selected non paged pool. the specs of my pc is Cpu I7 4770 Gpu GTX770 Memory 8GB (dont know brand) OS windows 8.1 pro (non pirated)

A:Windows 8.1 pro memory leak

I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary in your picture. If you're refering to Chrome that is due to mupltiple tabs being open and the plugins running.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543171/windows-81-pro-memory-leak/
Relevancy 87.72%

I m having an issue with what appears to be a memory leak since I ve upgraded to Windows Leaving my computer on for any length of time reduces the performance and responsiveness of my computer overall I ve tried using poolmon exe to see what is using up 10 Memory Leak Windows so many resources and Windows 10 Memory Leak the tag that stood out at the moment was quot Thre quot When I search for this tag using findstr in cmd exe it gives me a mile long string filled with gibberish and various characters I reloaded poolmon to get a screenshot and now I m getting different results I m at a loss here As I type this post my Non-paged Pool is sitting at GB I ve already tried a registry hack where supposedly changing the value in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services Ndu Start from to was supposed to fix memory leaks Obviously not in my case Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC Z -DELUXE Antivirus Computer Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-memory-leak.1155273/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi everyone I ve been having troubles with my MSi ge laptop from Memory in 8 leak (?) Windows time to time My processor is an Intel i - M GHz and I have GB RAM Here is a screenshot of the processes and performance tabs on my task manager The IMG-command is not working for Memory leak (?) in Windows 8 me Here is a link for my two screenshots http imgur com UsYAaOj FxbsPBt I m not experiencing this problem all the time - that s what I find weird I ve googled a lot and I see people having the same problems I m under the impression that this is not a Win problem Memory leak (?) in Windows 8 but rather an Intel or memory management problem In various threads on forums people are disabling a memory management tool called intellmem exe but I can t find anything similar in my services Here are some of the threads I ve been scowering http superuser com questions windows- -out-of-memory http www boards ie vbulletin showthread php t This obviously helps Samsung-users but how do I solve Memory leak (?) in Windows 8 this problem Be kind and request any other screenshots you d think to be helpful My memory uses from programs i e Skype Chrome Spotify Steam doesn t even add up to a fraction of the used memory Please help nbsp

A:Memory leak (?) in Windows 8

Can I bump this? After using poolmon and disabling ndu.sys, my computer started working fine again. Now it's back again. You guys have any tips?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-leak-in-windows-8.1095622/
Relevancy 87.72%

Has anyone noticed after their computer has been on for extended periods of time that they have no memory left. Initially after booting Windows 7 memory usage is at about 37% but after 10hours or so the memory usage is up to 93% (even with no visible user programs running) and im getting the error:insufficient resources when trying to open programs.

I have 4gb of RAM.

Anybody know of any fixes for this?

A:Windows 7 Memory Leak?

Hi Rupert and Welcome to the forum. Well, i guess that could be due to spyware or virus infection.Could you post a screenshot of the task manager (Processes tab) so that we can get some hint. When did you 1st notice this change? Which anti virus software are you using? Did you recently download or install anything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20826-windows-7-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi there,

This is maybe the wrong section, but I did not know which one to pick:

I experience issues when I open directories with big HD movies in it (around 4-10GB). The media player loads fast (VLC, KMP, WMP) but the video never starts.
After 5-10 secs, my computer starts to run very slowly, I figured out that it was caused by page faults. Indeed, my memory usage goes from 10% to 97% (I have 4Gb, x64 WIN7) in 10secs.

Even though none of the process in the task manager shows a usage of 3.5Gb, I figured out that killing Explorer.exe releases the memory instantly.

This problem avoid me to play HD movies without killing explorer which is very anoying...

Does any one knows how can I deal with this issue?

Thank you!

Windows 7 x64
4GB Ram - Intel i5 3Ghz/core

A:Windows 7 memory leak?

What video codecs have you installed? That would be your problem most likely.
That or antivirus software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/106989-windows-7-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi Windows 7 Memory Leak i'm posting about Winodws Memory Leak I know the issue has been posted i have read many posts Windows 7 Memory Leak and it still hasn't helped me I've had memory leaks for quite a while i have GB installed and when looking at task manager GB is available although the amount of free memory drops to when i am transferring something I recently re-installed windows a fresh install formatted my harddrive etc I'm still facing the same issue when anything is being transfered the memory drops down to rapidly The only thing that fixes this issue a Memory Management Tool So now i'm just wonder is there a permanent fix to this issue or would i have to keep using the program that i have Because it was a nuisance to re-install and Windows 7 Memory Leak i still am putting all the stuff i had back on I know that there are alot of people who are getting similar problems The memory leaks happened as soon as i got on windows Windows 7 Memory Leak installed many updates and same thing happens

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cf6c0ae3-bcc9-4949-809d-444922b2398a/windows-7-memory-leak?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 87.72%

Okay so for almost years I had this weird issue 7 memory Windows leak? WDM and Windows 7 WDM memory leak? now I give up For some weird reason I have occascional quot stuttering quot when I work with some application Aero enabled be it text editr or browser It usually happens when application was active for some time around minutes and withing these minutes I did not switch it to anything It feels like if you have VSYNC in game enabled but it is double buffered and when nbsp your FPS dips you have this continous annoying stutter along with tearing Windows 7 WDM memory leak? The interesting part is that if I win D minimie all windows nbsp to desktop and switch back Windows 7 WDM memory leak? stutter is gone until it appears again Due to this annoying reason I'm inapable if using Borderless Mode in fullscreen applications I don't see anything special that would hook up to DWM windows and can cause that my active software drivers are pretty scarce and limited There has to be explanation for this issue but I'm failing ot isolate the cause if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/867f2a9f-8580-4a90-9468-c37c2529a772/windows-7-wdm-memory-leak?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 87.72%

I believe I am experiencing a memory leak of some form at least that's the closest I can come to a description of the issue My physical memory usage goes up way up sometimes close to the full GB I have installed When this happens I experience sluggishness and problems opening or closing windows I am not a power user I am not running any memory intensive applications that I know of Right now Memory Leak in Pro Windows 7 I have tabs open in Internet Explorer and my usage is at GB Memory Leak in Windows 7 Pro of physical memory When I start my computer it doesn't use more than about GB but over time the usage climbs My computer has been up for nearly days now and the only application that I have personally used in that time Memory Leak in Windows 7 Pro is Internet Explorer I have BitDefender running I have MalwareBytes running Neither application is actively scanning as I write this Neither program indicates infection I've read various complaints on the web and followed some of the advice given to others I ran Disk Cleanup recently say the last weeks and it currently tells me I can only gain MB if I run it I Memory Leak in Windows 7 Pro checked Disk Defrag I am fragmented on my Raid- system and most of my TB of disk space is free I disabled startup programs using MSConfig ages ago Nothing I am running should account for GB of memory usage and sluggishness I pasted some screenshots together of my Performance Processes and the Services related to the highest memory usage see attached image I could really use some advice to keep this from continuing melanie

A:Memory Leak in Windows 7 Pro

You are going to have to install and run SysInternals Process Explorer from Microsoft.com, and find out what sub process of svchost is eating up your RAM.  Svchost is known to be malware using that filename.  Most likely you are infected, so I suggest you follow the cleanup steps to a T, to make sure your machine is clean first.

Read this post first http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me/  Then follow the instructions in this http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139681

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514669/memory-leak-in-windows-7-pro/
Relevancy 87.72%

Okay so for almost years I had this weird issue and now I give up For some weird reason I have occascional quot stuttering quot when I work with some application Aero enabled be it text editr or browser It usually happens when application was active for some time around minutes and withing these minutes I did 7 leak? DWM memory Windows not switch it to anything It feels like if you have VSYNC in Windows 7 DWM memory leak? game enabled but it is double buffered and when nbsp your FPS dips you have this continous annoying stutter along with tearing The interesting part is that if I win D minimie all windows nbsp to desktop and switch back stutter is gone until it appears again Due to this annoying reason I'm inapable if using Borderless Mode in fullscreen applications I don't see anything special that would hook up to DWM windows and can cause that my active software drivers are pretty scarce and limited There has to be explanation for this issue but I'm failing ot isolate the cause Disabling Aero does not help and it won't really help since I want to Windows 7 DWM memory leak? use Aero for Desktop when I work in Windows I found a similar problem described here http www sevenforums com customization -aero-themes-causes-severe-lag-web-browsers html Unfortunately this is not an acceptable solution to me if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/867f2a9f-8580-4a90-9468-c37c2529a772/windows-7-dwm-memory-leak?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a clean XP pro pc that crawls after startup as it uses up to 300MB to run windows update. It is only obvious what is happening by displaying peak and Virtual memory usage in task manager. With 1gb of mem it is Ok but with 500mb it is unusable until WU has given up after about 20 minutes. I have tried Dial-a-fix to no avail and deleted the windows update executables to force a reinstall, which worked but has not fixed the problem. Is there some clever way to reinstall Windows Update?
According to Microsoft this memory leak was a problem with XP SP1 but I am using SP3 so the patches must already be installed!

A:XP Windows Update Memory Leak

So you have 1 gig of RAM installed with XP SP3..... do you have your install disk(s) available and usable? I would recommend a repair install to see if that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341011/xp-windows-update-memory-leak/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello Since i've upgraded from Windows to Windows on my laptop Lenovo G S I've been getting errors and BSODs while playing games This are mostly games with leak memory BSOD 8.1 Windows which use over GB of RAM League of Legends Chivarly Medieval Warfare and Red Orchestra it gives the error Please shutdown programs to prevent loss off information something in that direction Windows 8.1 memory leak with BSOD I have the Dutch version It basicly tells me that I do not have enough RAM left to run the game I have GB of RAM in this machine with a Intel HD GPU and a GeForce GT m After I ignore the memory message and keep playing it will blue screen giving this error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL igdkmd sys I have no clue what to do anymore I know it has to do something with Intel kernel I've been looking all over the internet for a fix but can't find it anywhere I have uploaded a analysis of the BSOD with a program called Bluescreenviewer Windows 8.1 memory leak with BSOD you can see the BSOD's i've had and what it caused Thank you EDIT also some links from the same program Windows 8.1 memory leak with BSOD file C Users Bas AppData Local T report html

A:Windows 8.1 memory leak with BSOD

Hi BesottedOrb,

Please follow the directions for posting located here..

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38010-windows-8-1-memory-leak-bsod.html
Relevancy 86.86%

for the past week or so after using my computer all day i will get memory leak symptoms. I wont be able to open any more IE windows, any programs, right click on desktop seems to be disabled and when i click on the start menu nothing is there execpt the program links at the top.

I have ran Avast! twice and ran spybot and adaware. i've defragged i've uninstalled everythig i've installed lately. tried to adjust the page file i've to several different sizes...not sure what else to try. I think this all started with the last windows update but i could be wrong. trying to remember what the last one was called ....the one with it's own manual isntall package?

A:weird memory leak with windows xp

It kind of does sound like malware, doesn't it? I'd keep looking.

Have you tried a system restore to before that last update?

Have you pressed ctrl+alt+del and poked around to see if you can find a resource hog? Under the processes tab in the mem and cpu columns, and just in general in the performance and networking tabs, is anything just running away?

You might want to post a Hijackthis log to that forum here??

JB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-memory-leak-with-windows-xp-143897.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed extremely high RAM usage when using windows 's chkdsk I've used chkdsk on the same USB flash drive on my XP vista and machines and the memory usage is as follows xp - MB Depending on stage vista MB about MB per second running e g after chkdsk has been running for seconds it will be using MB after minutes it will be using GB I am monitoring memory usage using task manager I actually have two machines running windows release candidate x and the I noticed the problem on both The problem is easiest to duplicate if you run chkdsk on a drive other than your OS drive so you can actually have task manager open while it runs as opposed to running after a reboot and if you run a check that will take 7 leak? memory Windows chkdsk a long time chkdsk f on a large hard drive works fine or chkdsk r on a smaller hard drive will Windows 7 chkdsk memory leak? work as well It doesn't seem to depend on which stage it is in - the memory usage balloons during stage of a chkdsk f on a full TB hard drive I have and it happens during stage of chkdsk r on a half-full GB USB flash drive as well I would be interested to see if anyone else can duplicate this

A:Windows 7 chkdsk memory leak?

Maybe it's not faster but somehow more accurate or more likely to correct problems successfully?  Without looking into the implementation, it's impossible to know what's better, or really even
if anything's better, but it's been stated it's allocating this memory by design.  We have no choice but to live with it.  There are a LOT more important glaring problems in Windows 7.
-Noel

When you say "it's been stated it's allocating this memory by design" are you referring to the following quote from

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/08/10/what-we-do-with-a-bug-report.aspx
"from their perspective the memory usage was by design and was a specific Windows 7 change for this scenario (the /r flag grabs an exclusive lock and repairs a disk and so our assumption is
you’d really like the disk to be fixed before you do more stuff on the machine, an assumption validated by several subsequent third party blog posts on this topic)."
He states that the behavior is limited to the /r switch but I've seen it with the /f switch - the memory usage increases just as quickly, the only reason it doesn't get as high is because chkdsk /f doesn't take as long.
It might be nice to get a little more information from someone on the "file system team", but if they truly have looked at the issue as he stated in the blog, then it either isn't a bug or it is but it would be too much work to fix when weighed against the
small number of complaints.
Anyway, I don't want to get off topic, and I think it's fine if you disagree with me, but I just genuinely want to hear from other people that are facing the same "issue" that we are (if you can call it that).  Who knows - maybe there is someone out
there with a specific configuration whose chkdsk only uses the good old 30MB or so of RAM and he can give us all a little advice.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3cd974b-4758-44bb-b1c0-289ef813b2e6/windows-7-chkdsk-memory-leak?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 86.86%

In the last week or so, I have to reboot my pc almost every day because the RAM usage gets up to 93% and I can't do anything, even launch taskmanager. When I've caught it before it was too full, I saw that almost nothing was listed as using RAM (system was at like 80MB). Essentially, RAM is "in use", but the use is not explained by taskmgr or perfmon.

I'm prepared to learn that it's a BIOS or mem controller issue, but it never happened in several years of XP and Vista on the same rig. Also I see I'm not the only one with the same issue on Win 7 64bit:

Win 7 64bit Ram Filling Up Problem - general-discussion - windows-7

Somebody tried to shut him down, but I have a feeling his complaint is as legit as mine. There's no excuse for Windows using all of the memory if it can't flush when you need it.

Ideas?

A:Win 7 64 RAM filling up. Memory leak outside windows?

Quote: Originally Posted by jemcgarvey

In the last week or so, I have to reboot my pc almost every day because the RAM usage gets up to 93% and I can't do anything, even launch taskmanager. When I've caught it before it was too full, I saw that almost nothing was listed as using RAM (system was at like 80MB). Essentially, RAM is "in use", but the use is not explained by taskmgr or perfmon.

I'm prepared to learn that it's a BIOS or mem controller issue, but it never happened in several years of XP and Vista on the same rig. Also I see I'm not the only one with the same issue on Win 7 64bit:

Win 7 64bit Ram Filling Up Problem - general-discussion - windows-7

Somebody tried to shut him down, but I have a feeling his complaint is as legit as mine. There's no excuse for Windows using all of the memory if it can't flush when you need it.

Ideas?

Blaming windows would be the first reaction, but is it warranted? I have no such problem, with 64 bit. Maybe, you have a virus, or maybe all your memory is not recognized. There are a lot of areas to look into before we can assume that it is windows.
Many times the A/V is a memory glutton. Other times other things are going on in the system, indexing, or a virus scan. All things to think about.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48752-win-7-64-ram-filling-up-memory-leak-outside-windows.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi guys I have Windows on my work computer dual-booted with our standard Windows image I m mostly testing out how well it works and for the most part it s pretty smooth aside from not having RSAT yet Unfortunately today I noticed that my RAM usage was really high at with only XenCenter and a few tabs open in Microsoft Edge When I looked at Task Manager it showed that System was using GB of Windows 10 Readyboost memory leak? RAM in Windows 10 Readyboost memory leak? my GB system I turned to the Windows WDK and poolmon to tell me what was using up so many resources per this link http www technewstoday com -is-microsoft-windows- -using-high-memoryram-heres-the-fix That brought me to tags quot smNp quot and quot smBt quot If I then open up a command prompt navigate to drivers and do quot findstr s smNp quot or quot findstr s smBt quot they both point to rdyboost sys I have no USB devices plugged in to my system the only Windows 10 Readyboost memory leak? non-internal disks are just a CD in the DVD drive and a mapped Windows 10 Readyboost memory leak? network drive Did I go wrong somewhere Why would a USB device performance technology be consuming such a large amount of RAM on my system I m sure once I restart it will go away but I m worried I won t be able to keep using W if I m running into memory leaks like this one nbsp

A:Windows 10 Readyboost memory leak?

Memory usage on my Windows 10 Pro with Chrome open is 12% of 16GB RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-readyboost-memory-leak.217685/
Relevancy 86.86%

Today, my computer decided for some reason to start hogging all the memory.
The memory slowly goes up after around 3:30 minutes of being open.
CPU usage is at regular.

I have tried many things to fiqure out the problem.
Not even safe mode works.
Also it's very weird because i have 6gb of memory and its on max used.
Even disabling the internet doesn't change a thing.
Please help find the soulution.
There is nothing right now that will make it go down.
I have uploaded a picture showing how the memory goes up.

A:[Help]Memory Leak. All memory drained and used

Please open up Task Manager to the Processes tab
Click on the "Memory (Private Working Set)" column header (to sort that column).
What is the Image name of the top user of memory (and is it much greater than the other entries)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/87082-help-memory-leak-all-memory-drained-used.html
Relevancy 86%

I cant wrap my head around this strange problem iam having so i shall try and explain it, so i noticed in the task manager that the physical memory (free) was dropping to about 3gb and cached was near 10gb, this happens every time and for the life of me i cannot find the problem.

please bear in mind ive:

1. Done a clean install
2. Run virus scans and malware scans (bear in mind one of the pics has mbam.exe running)
3. ive performed memory tests and they come back as fine.

the spec is

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Build 7601
i7 3770k 3.5ghz
16gb ram
asus p8z77v-LX
2tb and a 1tb hdd

please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

A:Please help strange memory leak Windows 7 64bit

That's quite a lot of RAM.

If you think there's a problem I'd test it overnight to really stress test the RAM - Test with Memtest86+

If there are errors the tutorial shows how to isolate the stick or slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284172-please-help-strange-memory-leak-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

For the last few months my I am experiencing a large memory leak with svchost.exe (the one associated with process nsi). Operating systems is Windows 7 64 bit. The memory grows over a 1 week period to use most of the 8gb of available RAM. Only solution so far is to reboot and then it just starts building up again...help!

Thanks Much!!!

A:Massive svchost.exe memory leak w/ nsi windows 7

Hi mattyxp,

First and foremost, please list your computer specs. Posting computer specs definitel helps us troubleshoot computer issues more efficiently. Have you ran a virus scan on your computer? If not, make sure your anti-virus program is updated, boot up your computer into safe mode and scan your computer for any viruses. Let me know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/massive-svchost-exe-memory-leak-w-nsi-windows-7-a-762889.html
Relevancy 86%

My C drive is GB away from quot disk full quot It's a GB disk I am on Windows This is especially remarkable since I store very little of my quot live quot data on the computer -- almost everything is on USB drives and cloud How do I full? memory ? Windows leak? ?Disk in 10 find out where all the storage is being used One possibility is that I create and delete accounts on this computer fairly regularly When I delete accounts ?Disk full? in Windows 10 ? memory leak? I sometimes get the message quot Cannot delete account for ?Disk full? in Windows 10 ? memory leak? a user that is logged on quot -- but that account is logged off and it gets deleted anyway so I haven't worried about it Might there be files that aren't getting deleted This is NOT the quot disk usage quot thing with several other articles relating to Windows Search and Superfetch -- the disk is not busy it is full Please start your answer right at the beginning of the instructions -- I used to be a very sophisticated programmer but lost hold of Windows somewhere around Windows XP I removed all the Charms and other Windows crapware Please start your instructions to me with the START button or with WindowsKey R or something else that is unambiguous and not likely removed Thank you

A:“Disk full” in Windows 10 – memory leak?

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/56048-disk-full-windows-10-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 86%

Just to let you know before I start I've been Messenger memory Live leak Windows cleared of spyware viruses etc Windows Live Messenger memory leak by running scans online scans plus being checked out in the HJT Windows Live Messenger memory leak forum so I don't think the following issue has anything to do with viruses infections Now what my problem is when I open windows live messenger it runs fine taking up little memory but once I sign into my email account it takes up over K of the virtual memory which causes all kinds of issues until I close the msn application completely I'm on windows live messenger version and it's been running fine for months and hasn't been updated at all which means this issue couldn't have occurred because of a new update But this problem has suddenly come up Ive searched Google and there are no solutions around But one suspicous thing I have noticed is this I don't know why that exclamation mark is there for and I don't know if has anything to do with the memory leak Any help is appreciated thanks

A:Windows Live Messenger memory leak

This person has described the exact same problem as me. (except for the msn version number)
http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/mwhe...28/134940.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-live-messenger-memory-leak-122926.html
Relevancy 86%

if I leave my computer unattended for an extended period, the RAM usage climbs up to around 80% and leaves me struggling to use my computer when I return. It is not one process that causes this - but nearly everything, Chrome itself can get up to 100,000 KB memory usage, along with every other process on the computer. The only way to resolve it is to restart my PC.

This doesn't occur if I stay on the PC and do not leave it unattended - but for reasons I cannot fathom, if I walk away for 15-20 minutes, it'll start to hog the memory and make it unusable again.

I've been told it's because of the Superfetch service - but upon disabling it, there was no notable increase in speed. My other Windows installations work fine - as does Ubuntu, so it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.

Any suggestions as to what to try?

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 memory leak issues.

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab, when memory usage is high. When troubleshooting a memory issue this is the place to start.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-memory-leak-issues-681472.html
Relevancy 86%

i'm using windows media player 10
since a while windows media player got real slow.
i checked at the list with the processes how much memory it did use.
it's usually around 300-600 mb, is this even possible for windows media player?? the cpu usage of it is at 92-96%. when opening a song it get's even worse.
i tried scanning for virusses or spyware, didn't have any, no weird things either in the hijackthis log.
anyone have any idea what can be wrong with it?
btw reinstalling doesn't work.

A:memory leak in windows media player??

Hi nocturna99

Try Process Explorer to double-check your background processes http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...sExplorer.html
And AutoRuns to double-check your Startup processes
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html
And Rootkit Revealer to try & detect if a rootkit is involved
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilitie...tRevealer.html

If the change is recent enough, you can always try a System Restore, to a restore point from before the trouble started.

If you haven't visited Windows Update recently, make sure to try that, too - as there might be a recent patch that helps your situation.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

[P.S... . let us know if you find a rootkit present - and would like strategies for recovery]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-leak-in-windows-media-player-112289.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi all I'm experiencing a problem in the office's server since I installed Windows The problem is a well-known one with LSASS EXE and I've found that it's docummented and there are patches for Windows Server Windows and Windows https support produces Windows 10 LSASS.EXE on leak memory microsoft com en-us kb My problem is there is no information about this problem on Windows The computer LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10 works like a charm until lsass exe starts taking more and more RAM When it takes the whole GB the computer works awful and has to be restarted I attach some screenshots Memory Usage CPU The LSASS.EXE produces memory leak on Windows 10 computer is a server but has no active directory it's a common lan with four computers and the server has among other functions a ERP that uses SQL with a database Since I saw a reference to Named Pipes I tried to disable in quot cliconf exe quot but it didn't solve the problem I Found some information about memory leaks in windows not related to LSASS but quot Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver quot so I modified registry in this way Navigate to Computer HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Services Ndu and then from the right hand section of the window double click Start in order to be able to edit the Value data setting It will probably be but changing this to will disable the ndu Server specs -i Haswell ghz -Asrock Z extreme motherboard - GB RAM DDR mhz -Integrated VGA -Raid SSDs Can anyone help me with this I tryed Windows Performance Recorder Tool but it gave me not information to determine what is causing LSASS EXE have this issue Regards and many thanks in adavance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/lsass-exe-produces-memory-leak-on-windows-10-a-1156642.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello,

Over the last few weeks I've been noticing the memory usage on my computer increasing slowly over time as the computer stays on. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with 4GB memory and am running both Avast Antivirus and Malwarbytes and neither have found anything suspicious.

While looking at my Windows processes in task manager, I noticed that one process, scan2pc.exe, has almost 18,000 handles, way more than any other process. In addition, some of my processes keep increasing in their memory usage. nvtray.exe seems to be the biggest culprit, starting out at around 1,000K but if I leave my machine on for a few days will balloon to over 500,000K. Could malware or a rootkit infected my machine? I'm not blue-screening or experiencing crashing programs (yet), but the memory leaking is certainly bothersome. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Dan

A:Windows processes - memory leak or malware?

Hello,scan2pc.exe, belongs to a scanner devce software. Can you end it in Task Manager.. Then unplug the scanner and see how it is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483043/windows-processes-memory-leak-or-malware/
Relevancy 86%

Running Windows 7 RC1.

My roblem is that, after five or six hours of running time, the system memory usage is up to 85% or beyond, though noting unusual seems to be running.

Both DDS and RootRepeal error out when i attempt to run them - RootRepeal says "Could not initialise driver", DDS says This tool does not support your operating system.

Can we do anything here?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/258292/memory-leak-in-windows-7;-do-i-have-an-infection-of-some-sort/
Relevancy 85.14%

Come with me boys and girls, and let's explore the great Forest of PC. Inside you'll find all SORTS of adventures, but the one we're dealing with today is called the DREADED BOG OF MEMORY LEAK in the GLENN OF 7!
That's right, I've got a memory leak. Anyone fancy attempting to hunt the thing down for me? I have no idea where to start. Doing virus scans and nothing is coming up. Cleaning my PC with CCleaner and still get a memory issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548638/memory-leak-windows-7-home-premium-edition/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am running a relatively new installation of windows enterprise -bit and am getting intermittent memory leaks in svchost exe running -k LocalService Just to rule out malware viruses I rebooted my machine with Kaspersky rescue disk and did a full scan Zero problems I've also LocalService -k leak, 64bit 7 windows memory svchost.exe done full scans with anti-malwarebytes and superantispyware and they only found cookies So it's definitely not a spyware problem I don't think I have only a handful of services running under this PID WdiServiceHost - Diagnostic Service Host nsi - Network Store Interface Service netprofm - Network List Service FontCache - Windows Font Cache Service fdPHost - Function Discovery Provider Host EventSystem - COM Event System I am pretty sure it has something to svchost.exe -k LocalService memory leak, windows 7 64bit do with svchost.exe -k LocalService memory leak, windows 7 64bit the networking services The last time my memory went to utilization I disabled my ethernet adapter from the network and sharing center and immediately CPU usage maxed out on all four cores and the machine ground to a complete halt forcing me to hard power cycle In addition any attempt to stop those services once memory utilization reaches a peak results in either quot process didn't quit cleanly within a reasonable time quot or quot other services are relying on that you can't stop it quot messages those aren't the exact errors but the next time it happens I will get the exact text The onboard chipset for my MOBO is Atheros AR and I tried upgrading the driver from to and that hasn't fixed it Here is the file size of svchost Code C Windows System gt dir svchost exe Volume in drive C has no label Volume Serial Number is F - F Directory of C Windows System PM svchost exe File s bytes Any help appreciated It's really annoying to have to come to my machine after several hours of idling and see near memory usage of GB and have no choice but to reboot

A:svchost.exe -k LocalService memory leak, windows 7 64bit

Here is a pastebin of the offending process (currently running under PID 1020) from process explorer:

Process CPU Private Bytes Working Set PID Description Company Name procexp.exe - Pastebin.com

That seems like an awfully high number of ALPC ports...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311770-svchost-exe-k-localservice-memory-leak-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey guys I have no programs running just chrome with a couple of websites On my previous pc with windows i've never had the memory use more than GB just for chrome Also the paged pool seems to fill up the longer I use my pc I've read numerous threads with people saying that it is normal for a pc to use all the RAM because otherwise it's useless RAM But I - paged in leak Windows problem Memory pool 8.1 don't really Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool believe that something like this is normal In most threads people talked about a Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool memory leak in the non-paged pool I find it also very weird that when I look at my processes they Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool just don't add up to the GB in use Using rammap or process explorer doesn't show annything at all Here are my specs Lenovo B Windows -bit Build Intel Core i - M CPU GHz CPU's MB RAM Games I'm having real problems with League of Legends I just get too much lag when I play I have a constant ping so that's not the problem my fps is - so that's not really bad But I just get these random stutters every few seconds Also when I browse my pc is just acting too slow for it's specs I hope someone can help with this problem as I am a noob when it comes to computers I paid about euros for this laptop and I find it sad that I this stupid problem I've already disabled superfetch and I really don't want a link to another thread as I've read every single one of them and I'm getting nuts Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 - Memory leak problem in paged pool

Hello SebaaVH,

You appear to be one of those affected by this Google Chrome bug that only affects "some." Now, since I don't know if they ever fixed it (I don't use Chrome), I would suggest trying a different browser (i.e., Firefox or Opera) to see if that fixes your issue. Now, some have stated they fixed their issue by clearing their browser cache but that would be just a band-aid IMHO:

Massive memory leak, though memory usage does not show for GC in task manager:
https://productforums.google.com/for...lp/xOQqvfK78sM

Regarding your League of Legends issue, I don't play it myself but your issue (or something similar) has come up several times quite recently and, if you do a Google search for that issue, you will find tons of people having issues when playing it online. You might be better off seeking assistance at a gaming forum for that specific issue IMHO.

Good luck.

SpringUpdate

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/45045-windows-8-1-memory-leak-problem-paged-pool.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am experiencing the same thing for about 3 weeks now. If I close all my gadgets, sidebar.exe goes away, and svchost.exe memory usage eventually drops back down to "normal". If I load ANY gadget, memory starts to climb again in both sidebar.exe and svchost.exe. I am starting to get VERY annoyed with this, I miss my sidebars.

Anyone found a solution for this ?

Mark

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 x64 memory leak - svchost and sidebar

I moved your post from - Massive win7 x64 memory leak in svchost and sidebar!

Download and save SysInternals Process Explorer -

RIGHT-click on procexp.exe, select "Run as Administrator"

Hover the mouse over the scvhost.exe in question to see what is running under it -

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-7-x64-memory-leak-svchost-and-sidebar-554103.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey, so over the past few weeks my computer has been getting random CPU spikes, where there's only 3% being used but it says it's using 100% of it and freezes.

On top of this, Windows Update seems to be taking up a lot of memory - and I mean insane amount, I've seen it go up twice as high as in this screenshot. For now, I keep the service disabled rather than cripple my machine, but when it's enabled it's always when it's "Checking for new updates"

After further investigation it seems like both of these problems are caused when I am doing something over the internet. The CPU problem happens when I'm downloading games off of Steam (as well as random things as well, but it always happens in that scenario) and the memory problem always happens when windows update is checking for new updates.

How do I fix this?

A:Windows Update memory leak, and random CPU spikes

Hey, would you check Callender's posts at the end of svchost.exe (netsvcs) draining all my memory

maybe they will help

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370571-windows-update-memory-leak-random-cpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 83.42%

This computer is brand new so I have almost no processes running in the background, so why is 168 mgs of my memory being used up doing nothing? Or is that normal?

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have been living with some issues for the last months and need help to get the problem figured out I believe I was infected by a virus of some sort on June that has stuck around despite NIS and Malwarebytes scans Any help would be appreciated Symptoms Since the infection I have not been able to automatically or manually update Windows via the Windows Automatic Update tool or by manually going to the Microsoft Update web page Each time IE opens I get error number x EFF quot The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view The options provided below might help you solve the problem quot I can get onto the internet page leak update Windows redirects svchost and blocked, web memory/cpu to any other site It is just the windows update site that seems blocked I have a svchost process that grows with time Windows update blocked, svchost memory/cpu leak and web page redirects until it is using MB of my memory and usually ends up pegging the CPU to - I have viewed the process using Process Explorer and note that the thread start address that peg the CPU are ntll dll RtAllocateHeap x c If I kill those threads I am able to work on the computer for a little more time until the threads peg the system CPU again But the memory usage is concerning me as I need to utilize that memory for my work and I get programs failing because of memory allocation errors which I attribute to this svchost issue I will periodically get redirected to other sites while surfing This happens sporadically It may be a day or two between occurrences But if it starts to happen I restart the web browser to get back to a normal browsing session I am constantly getting warnings that NIS blocked a recent attack when I am browsing The last one was an attempt by teiretorkie com I have NIS and have had it scan the entire system on a weekly basis I have had the following Trojan Horses removed via NIS at AM File Actions vmain class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache ba - b d Deleted at AM File Actions vmain class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache a c - Windows update blocked, svchost memory/cpu leak and web page redirects f e Deleted On computers as of at PM at PM File Actions vmain class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache f - d b d Deleted On computers as of at PM at PM File Actions vload class Contained in c documents and settings lee application data sun java deployment cache ba - b d Deleted at PM File Actions javaupdatemanager class Contained in c documents and settings the sousley group application data sun java deployment cache bcf - a b Deleted at PM File Actions javaupdateapplication class Contained in c documents and settings the sousley group application data sun java deployment cache bcf - a b Deleted at PM File Actions File c documents and settings lee local settings temp lslj exe Removed at AM File Actions Infected file c documents and settings lee local settings temporary internet files content ie omyd ant n r j rf af bxf bc ayb f z f p Removed Also ran Malwarebytes on and had the following infections Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats b ca - a - d -a df- bb Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE avsuite Rogue AntivirusSuite - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Subsequent runs of Malwarebytes have not found any other issues Thanks in advance Lee XP Pro Ver SP Dell Dimension Pentium GHz GB RAM NIS

A:Windows update blocked, svchost memory/cpu leak and web page redirects

Hi,
That's not good that you let this issue persist for six months. There's some things you should try here. For one, download DR. Web CureIt. Do a google search for that and it should pop up. It's probably better if you run it in safe mode. post back the log when it finishes. note that this scan will take a long time. Make sure that when presented with options, you select cure and then move incurable. After that, look for Kaspersky's free virus removal tool 2010 and run that. That should find some stuff if anything will. kaspersky has very strong find and removal capabilities. Finally, run an online scan with Eset online scanner. You can find it at eset.com/onlinescan. Post back the three logs in your next reply. Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Chromebuster

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361960/windows-update-blocked-svchost-memorycpu-leak-and-web-page-redirects/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hiya

The NNTP (Network News Transport Protocol) service in Windows NT 4.0
and Windows 2000 contains a memory leak in a routine that processes
news postings. Each time such a posting is processed that contains a
particular construction, the memory leak causes a small amount of
memory to no longer be available for use. If an attacker sent a large
number of posts, the server memory could be depleted to the point at
which normal service would be disrupted. An affected server could be
restored to normal service by rebooting

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms01-043.asp
Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nntp-service-in-windows-nt-4-0-and-windows-2000-contains-memory-leak-aug-14.50754/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hiya

As Whitesnake once said 'here we go again on my own...'

Microsoft has released a patch that eliminates a security vulnerability in NetMeeting, an application that ships with Microsoft® Windows 2000 and is also available as a separate download for Windows NT 4.0. The vulnerability could allow a malicious user to temporarily prevent an affected machine from providing any NetMeeting services and possibly consume 100% CPU utilization during an attack

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=30963

Also:

Microsoft has developed an improved version of the Cipher.exe tool, offering an important new option – the ability to permanently overwrite (or "wipe") all of the deleted data on a hard disk

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=30925

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-security-patch-denial-of-service-attack-causes-memory-leak-june-20.46577/
Relevancy 79.12%

I checked as this has been happening for the last 2-3 days that mulitple explorer.exe is running in the memory at the time of loggin it has 4-5 instances running with an error: explorer has stopped working.

I ran MSE twice but nothing was found that might be causing the error.

Also in the startup two new program has been added & their path is same i.e., c:\windows\driver\win.exe. Now this has been showing for the last 2-3 days in CCleaner & msconfig & even if i remove/diaable it, it shows up again.

I know that mulitple explorer.exe is normal & common for Windows7 but this is not for me as happening for the 1st time. Need some help on this.

A:Multiple explorer.exe running in the memory

Give a look here. Ezio has solved his problem with 2 explorer.exe proccesses running
Two Explorer.exe running

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152585-multiple-explorer-exe-running-memory.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Lately, my windows explorer has been running at an incredibly high rate. Likely a virus on my system, but I don't know what. Malwarebytes keeps picking up spyware and adware and whatnot, and I run the full scan, supposedly get rid of the issues, and then restart my computer as it requests, but it seems that my computer is still running very slow. Additionally, I've got some form of Google search redirect virus. Every time I click a link, it redirects me to a different website than what I was looking for. Apparently Malwarebytes either cannot find, or is incapable of removing the issue. I made sure the version I have is the most recent.

Any ideas? I'm attaching a photo of the insanely high memory usage, so please, if you see anything out of the ordinary, let me know.

If any other information will help, please tell me!

Thank you!

A:Explorer.exe running consuming a lot of memory

I also attempted the classic system restore move, but have been getting this error...

And I have tried to revert back to two different checkpoints.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421171/explorerexe-running-consuming-a-lot-of-memory/
Relevancy 78.69%

I'm not sure how long this has been going on but after my computer is on a few hours and I've been messing around WoW witcher browsing the Possible memory leak? Help please! internet etc my computer eventually gets stuck on a high memory usage over even though I have closed like every program running If I close a high memory program the memory usage will still stay on And when I restart my computer my memory usage is normal around - but after a few hours it jumps back up to and becomes very sluggish and laggy I have run virus scans malware scans spyware scans you name it and no infections found I have included an imgur album that I created to show you my windows processes memory usage RAMMap results etc As you can see on RamMap when Possible memory leak? Help please! I went to processes there are Possible memory leak? Help please! literally THOUSANDS of Powercfg exe and Conhost exe Look how small the scroll bar is So this is obviously a problem I don't know why there are thousands of zombie processes I've never dealt with a memory leak before if it even is one and I would very much like help Thank you fellows These thousands of powercfg and conhosts are each kb each multiply that by and you've got a problem http imgur com a lPW T

A:Possible memory leak? Help please!

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578230/possible-memory-leak-help-please/
Relevancy 78.69%

Reading around I thought IE eliminated it's memory leaks but I definitely have it when I use IE8.

I typically have three windows of IE8 open and within one will have multiple tabs, maybe five or six at the most. Over time memory usage definitely grows and is not reclaimed as tabs or even windows are closed. Only way I can reclaim memory is by closing all windows and putting computer to sleep. When I awaken it and start again memory usage is back to it's initial state. But then it will grow again as I use IE8. Seems to happen no matter what websites are visited so I don't think a specific site is causing the problem.

Is it a problem somewhere in my system or is it just how IE8 really is?

A:IE8 Memory Leak

Have you done a Google Search?
Remember Google is your friend.

Some examples...

A memory leak issue occurs in Internet Explorer 8 when you switch between XML files

Memory Leak in IE8?

IE8 memory leak - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/211725-ie8-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello everyone I think my computer has a memory leak from the following symptoms When I open task manager on my Windows Fix? Possible Leak Memory and PC I notice abnormally high system RAM usage and the processes and details tabs don't show nearly enough total usage to justify out of GB of system RAM being used I have experienced BSODs with my PC for sometime mostly during high-end gaming and this has remained a constant variable from Windows to my upgrade to Windows Possible Memory Leak and Fix? When I analyze BSODs with bluescreenview I notice that Possible Memory Leak and Fix? a recurring bug check string is IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL although I have seen others ntoskrnl exe is also often listed as a culprit driver So with all this in mind do I have a memory leak and if I don't what is it How do I fix whatever this is UPDATE I have tried to update drivers from Device Manager and it said I already had the best drivers I have run memtest in the past and found no issues with RAM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624100/possible-memory-leak-and-fix/
Relevancy 78.69%

I've noticed recently that sometimes my Windows system when left running leak memory Possible somewhere? for a while gradually gets more sluggish It's noticeable in all applications - Firefox takes several seconds to switch between tabs for example Memory usage becomes very high sometimes more than with no actual applications open apart from the background programs and services The only thing that successfully gets the system back to normal is a reboot The computer has also crashed sometimes when it has been in this high memory usage state - generally it crashes during waking up Possible memory leak somewhere? from sleep How would I go about diagnosing what was causing this I used Process Explorer and took a couple of screenshots They weren't much help to me as it's not obvious where the memory is being used in the second screenshot but perhaps someone might know what to look for Or perhaps someone knows of a better tool for analysing memory use Thanks for any help you can give Shot - Computer recently started physical memory use just Firefox open and background apps Shot - Computer been running for a day or so physical memory use no applications open The computer is a recent build it has Gb DDR memory Happy to provide any other info required Thanks

A:Possible memory leak somewhere?

You may find this Microsoft article useful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542383/possible-memory-leak-somewhere/
Relevancy 78.69%

Yeah I know that one too but I'm referring to the one in my computer Normally my memory usage would go from - of GB to no more than - by the end of the week when I normally would do my weekly reboot Recently it's really gone nuts I might get to - in as little as one day I did my last reboot this morning at AM and now PM it's already up to I installed several programs around a I Leak. Memory Have the same time the memory use started to escalate two gadgets Crystal Disk Info and the programs associated with my TV tuners SiliconDust HDHomeRun Extend and activated Windows Media Center I eliminated the two gadgets and Crystal Disk Info to see if they were the culprits they but need to keep the TV tuners' programs although they aren't running and haven't been run in several days and WMC How can I find the memory leak Edit I'm having trouble uploading some screen shots In the time I've been fight with it minutes or so my memory I Have a Memory Leak. use has I Have a Memory Leak. gone up to

A:I Have a Memory Leak.

I keep trying to upload pictures directly with the paperclip but the blasted
thing won't let me; it keeps crashing the browser.

Good grief! When I hit the Post button the blasted picture decided to show up. I'm going to bed before I start destroying things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/374922-i-have-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Just installed windows 7 64-bit with 5gb of RAM. I usually run WoW, MSN, itunes and google chrome all at the same time and it'll be ok for about a day, and i usually let it hibernate (ALOT). when i turn it back on and run the same programs memory useage is at 99%, and im CERTAIN it shouldn't be. WoW is running the most memory and it's only a gig, the rest added up should only be at 2-3gb maximum. Is the memory having a leak or is it relative to the hibernation?
Thanks,
Nick

A:Memory leak

Well, when you come back from hibernate, the same thing that was there when you went into hibernation is there when you come back. If you wanted to clear the open programs, just shutdown instead of hibernating. Then when you boot, the memory usage would be less. I must admit, though, I hate shutting down. I just put mine to sleep.

But the hibernation itself won't increase memory usage. And I doubt your memory is "leaking" out. You might try running a memory test, just to make sure you haven't lost some of the chips to failure. I don't have a specific program to try, so unless somebody else has a recommendation, you'll just have to Google to find one.

If WoW uses 1GB and the other programs use 2-3GB, 3 + 1 = 4. And if the system (OS and other background stuff) uses a little under 1GB, there's where all your memory is going (4 + 1 = 5). That could explain it....

What is the memory usage after a normal boot? (before opening any programs)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285354/memory-leak/
Relevancy 78.69%

Ive been having some trouble for some time now that my My computer begins to use more and more PF usage over time from i start it, 2 weeks ago it look it 8-10 hours to run out of memory now it usually happens in 2-3 hours so its increasing. Ive been unable to locate where the memory leak have occured but its happening under 2 identical processes called: svchost.exe

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/20/2009, 11:47:55
Machine name: XXX
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435)
Language: English (Regional Setting: Danish)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3582MB RAM
Page File: 3598MB used, 1865MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
Is there anyone that can help?

A:Memory leak?

Try narrowing down your search and identify the exact process by following this guide: How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272722/memory-leak/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi a Leak Memory Possible friend of mine sent me here to figure out what I could I m on Possible Memory Leak a Sager NP with Core Duo ghz gb RAM a mb nVidia M GTS gb rpm hard drive and Vista Ultimate -Bit installed It sits on a Notepal Infinite small for a quot widescreen but the vents line up nicely and I use a Logitech Cordless Mini Optical I got this laptop less than a week ago and the first thing I did after installing XP SP -Bit and Vista -Bit was install all the drivers from the bundled CD from Sager The current installed programs are Avast Ccleaner Firefox Plus Flash and Java VM plugins Foxit Reader Diskeeper Itunes Gtalk Pidgin Logitech SetPoint Protector Suite QL fingerprint reader Speedfan Nero WinRAR VLC Speedfan and a bunch of Source games I ve been noticing an average of memory usage consistently even when nothing is on I thought it may have had something to do with the Aero theme which shouldn t have had a problem considering my laptop s specs but I disabled them to test and my memory usage fell a whopping The Protector Suite QL psqltray exe likes to eat memory randomly sometimes growing to but I ve seen hundreds of reports about this and no one seems to know why it happens I just end the process and retain use of my fingerprint reader for logging in and unlocking the pc One instance of svchost likes to claim about mb of my ram which isn t much of an issue I m not too stingy It has the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Portable Device Enumerator Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Offline Files ReadyBoost Human Interface Device Access Network Connections Program Compatibility Assistant Service Superfetch Tablet PC Input Service Distributed Link Tracking Client Desktop Window Manager Session Manager Diagnostic System Host and WLAN AutoConfig As it seems to handle my -bit and wifi I find myself reluctant to end this particular process Now the odd part When I add up the memory used by all processes in Task Manager after showing all processes from all users it only adds up to about or so I can t for the life of me understand where the other is going I ran a Hijackthis check and this is what came up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Hotkey Driver HotkeyDriver exe D Users K ij AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe D Program Files x Pidgin pidgin exe D Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe D Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe D Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe D Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot D Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avast D PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot D Program F... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-memory-leak.778123/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone Just recently I ve been having major Possible leak? memory problems with memory usage Right when I reboot all processes in my taskmanager are at normal with the Possible memory leak? majority of programs running at - megs But as I run a few programs the memory usage of the majority of processes suddenly jump up to - megs For example foobar which usually takes megs now takes megs But if I close it and restart the program it s back the normal - meg level but it gradually consumes more and more memory Could this be the result of a virus I ran Symantec and Spysweeper and came up with nothing and even these scans are running at much lower speeds than normal CPU usage is also normal just a memory problem Thanks in advance for any help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files V-Stream PVR Plus TVR Scheduled exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS system df exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files foobar foobar exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME NINACH LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - f c d -b b - f -aa - fee c - C WINDOWS system hp tmp O - BHO no name - CD B A-CA - B -B A- E ED CEC C - C WINDOWS system mlljk dll file missing O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program... Read more

Relevancy 78.69%

We are facing a problem with IE memory leak In our application intranet we are using Ajax servlets and in our client we are using lots of Javascript DOM components amp XML processing The problem we memory IE leak are facing is every time when a page is opened around MB of memory is increased in IE process thread in Task Manager When the page is closed only or MB alone released So if the application is used for say hour then the IE memory IE memory leak is increased to whopping MB and system crashes IE couldn t handle further requests The strange IE memory leak facts are this is happening IE memory leak only for the last couple of months or so In our network domain the environment is Windows XP with SP amp IE We tested the application in Windows and found that there it is working fine around MB alone used and memory usage is stable And also in one of the Windows XP with SP machine also the memory usage is stable The application works fine in a different network domain with the same Windows XP with SP environment We suspect that some recent Windows patch is causing this problem We rolled back recent Windows patches and tried to get it resolve but in vain Have anyone faced similar problem Is there anything like IE settings Firewall settings could be a reason Can someone help me in this regard

A:IE memory leak

How many computers is this effecting?

woudl you eb able to update to IE7 and see if the same probelm occurs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-memory-leak-256069.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Got a WinME box. I just added 512 MB RDRAM (Kingston), now have a total of 768 MB. GeForce4 Ti 440 video card.

If the computer has been running for a while, and I put in a DVD, the player tells me I can not run the DVD and I shoudl turn down teh resolution. I get a problem when I try to run the Madden 2003 game (tells me that there is not enough memory). If I reboot, everything works just fine.

I did not have this problem before I added the RAM, and I did not install anything new when I put in the RAM.

Any ideas about how to deal with this? Any good apps to find the memory leak?
Thanks,
Boxman

Relevancy 78.69%

I recently Leak? Possible Memory formatted my hard drive on Possible Memory Leak? my laptop and started FRESH I have my D Drive mostly used for storage and my C drive as the main drive for Possible Memory Leak? Programs D is in Fat format C is in NTFS I recently am running into what seems to me to be numerous svchost exe openings and they seem to be sucking up a lot of memory even when I m not online disconnected from internet I have run Spybot Search amp Destroy and Ad-Aware SE which I keep up to date and have removed any problems I have run an online scan at http housecall trendmicro com and I have no viruses detected I have done a full scan using my Norton Anti-Virus which I keep up to date and nothing I have done all my Windows XP Service Pack updates including SP and Critical and Security updates for all application software It just seems to be spiking my CPU usage - - and the only thing I can think of after shutting down all unused applications is that it may be a memory leak somewhere Any ideas Here is my log attached nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-memory-leak.288712/
Relevancy 78.69%

Product Name: hp ENVY 15-k10ne-15 inchOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)I have problem with my pc hp pavilion p7 1234.When I turn off the error pop up.an unexpected memory leak has occurred,the unexpected smoll block leaks are:37-44 bytes UnicodeString x285=92 bytes UnicodeString x1117-124 bytes UnicodeString x3Is there any help to fixthat?  Tank you dear friends       

A:memory leak

Greetings, Please see this Microsoft MSDN document on finding memory leaks. HP provides Win 10 drivers for this product here. You may want to update your drivers. This should or may correct the problem. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/memory-leak/td-p/5603886
Relevancy 78.69%

Im trying a computer's frined. So far, it boots OK, it goes online OK, but after been on or been online for maybe 45 or 50 minutes, it starts acting up, meaning the it takes forever to load a page. Got to the conclusion that it might be a memory leak. Looking at the task mamager, every time I open a page, the amount of available physical memory goes down. Then later, in 10 or 15 minutes when I open the task manager again, I have no numbers and the computer acts up. Is it a memory leak?, Can I fixing it just changin the memory stick?, Please help. Thanks

A:Memory Leak?

Im working on desktop Compaq using Win XP, with 1GB of memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-leak.848997/
Relevancy 78.69%

This one is above my head but most everything is What I ve found so far correct me if wrong here System processes make a demand for physical virtual memory which gets leak... Memory proportioned out amongst both - ram and page Memory leak... file hard disk space As processes process allocations of memory to complete the process get deleted and new memory gets requisitioned until the process terminates or idles down and no memory requests are made by that process When the old allocations of memory Memory leak... are not released by a process memory resources gets to the point that there s none left for continued processing by ANY process Re-booting is a work-a-round The system will shut down even if left idle I did that once and had info file on the Error Shutdown but I cannot find them where the error pop-up indicates PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SAVED WITH NO MEMORY AVAILABLE AT SHUTDOWN I routinely get an error after so much processing and data transfer Memory leak... between disks that quot Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service quot It s not a shortage of hdd space If you post quot The disk is probably full quot without reading this detail you ll show us alot about yourself Task Manager shows nothing under any tab if you post quot Check Task manager quot without reading this detail you ll show us alot about yourself I found a Performance Monitor which seems to be the diagnostic start screenshot coming In fact one measured parameter in PerfMon is staying near the top of the graph It needs different configuration of measurement to help further and I m now at a standstill here I booted once in Safe Mode and ran some of the same processes and couldn t tell if it was doing the same thing When Linux is booted in the same machine there s no problem if you post quot Your ram is probably bad quot without reading this detail you ll show us alot about yourself Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-leak.943182/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey guys.
I recently re-installed my Windows 8.1 on my SSD.
Installed drivers, updated them and everything is fine.
But I am having a slight problem with memory not sure if it's a memory leak?

Basically sitting here with Google chrome open with 2 tabs open and the default Windows 8.1 programs running. I do not understand how 2gb of memory is being used.
I also play a Massive Multiplayer Online game called Wildstar that uses up 2gb of memory because it's such a big game.
I feel as though there's something up with my PC and there's something missing?
Can anyone help, thanks!

I don't see anything unusual or a cause for concern.

Adding up items in the memory usage columns will never equal total usage. It was never intended that it would. The screenshot does not show the full process usage which will typically be much higher. There are also some very significant users of memory that are not processes, not all of which are shown by Task Manager.

For what you have running 2 GB usage on an 8 GB system does not seem at all unusual. Also understand that memory usage in a modern OS is highly dynamic. Current usage might seem high but that is only because there is currently no better us for the memory. Memory was designed to be used, not sit idle. If a large application requires more memory the current usage will be automatically trimmed back, drastically if necessary.

Memory management in any modern OS is highly complex, far more so than most people imagine.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/68928-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I don't know if this is related to the saving pictures effort (thus the posting in this section) or the OS or something else but after I have done a right click and save of a number of pictures I suddenly get no response to the right mouse click and I can't even get task manager. If I exit some of the files in my program tray it sems to free up memory and then I can download again or enter into task manager. Seems that something consumes memory and doesnt release it. Any clues?

Hi ijusth !

You can check the memory and cpu usage of all running processes via the task manager, provided you're able to view it when the problem occurs. I suppose that if you run the task manager beforehand you'll still be able to bring it in front by using Alt+Tab.

In the task manager (processes tab), go to view => add columns and check the box in front of virtual memory. Tell us if you see any process taking most of your memory or cpu usage when the problem happens.

How much ram do you have and at what size have you set your pagefile ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-leak-163561.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi recently I've noticed my comp has been having issues with slowing down a lot after being on for a day I decided to start looking into the processes Possible leak memory yesterday and noticed svchost exe process using gb of ram about hours later it was using gb of ram After rebooting the readings went down to a more normal looking level with the physical memory use while a couple of programs are running being about my system has gb of ram I have been keeping task manager open and watching the memory usage most of the svc processes increase slowly with occasional Possible memory leak small dips but the increase is very slow there is however process that is increasing by about mb every - minutes This process is the one involving network programs winhttpautoproxy wdiservicehost nsi netprofm fontcache and fdphost I hear all these processes are linked to server which i didn't think was installed and thought wasn't needed on a standard home computer I double checked and ran a malware scan and a virus scan which both came back clear so i have no idea what is causing such a rapid memory drain

A:Possible memory leak

Make your way to this website here: CCleaner - Download
On the first column where it says "Download from:" click on Piriform.com

*Windows XP - Internet Explorer 8 Download

*Windows Vista, 7 & 8 - Internet Explorer 9 & 10
The software should now ask you to either Run, Save or Cancel. Click on Run.
*When installing on a Windows XP PC:

Then click Run again.

*End
You should now see the onscreen CCleaner setup guide. Click Next >

If asked to agree to their terms and services then click on I Agree.
You may be asked to install either Ask! or Google Toolbar. Installing unnecessary toolbars will cause security holes along with a slower browser.

Untick the box for the Ask! or Google Toolbar:

Next step in the setup is to untick all the boxes accpet the the first and last boxes.

Now click the Finish button and CCleaner should open up.

---------------------

With CCleaner running:

For the following picutres make sure anything with a RED box is unticked and anything with a BLUE box is ticked.

Now click on the Applications tab:

In the bottom of the program click on Analyze. After that is finished you will see a list of what files will be deleted. Once finished click on Run Cleaner

After the Analyze button:

Once finished analyzing that files will be deleted click the Run Cleaner button.

Once finished it will show you how much data has been removed. You can now close out of the program.

Do not use CCleaner's Registry Cleaner as it could cause problems for your computer!

Please post a screenshot of CCleaner when it is finished.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/possible-memory-leak-702407.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have 4GB of memory in my computer and for some reason if I leave My computer on for the day when I get home in the afternoon the memory usage is up at 60-90% and my computer starts getting really Laggy and slow. Then I have to turn it off and after a restart its fine for the rest of the day. I am very careful and only install programs I can trust so I'm guessing its a bug somewhere?

I have Eset smart security installed
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/4607/taskman.jpg

Hope someone can help

Thanks

A:Memory leak?

Exit FireFox before you leave and then re-open it when you get home. FireFox can remember your open tabs if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/89209-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

I was just downloading somes big files with jdownloader while watching a movie, but the system was slowy getting laggy, so I checked the memory usage and i was almost full (90% of physical memory in use) and perfmon could not show me anything.

Right now, about ten minutes later, the memory usage is still the same, I killed jdownloader, java and kmplayer , but it still the same. I cant find who is guilty. I post some screens.

My cfg :

Core2Duo E8400 3GHZ
4GB DDR2 PC6400
Win 7 x64 Ultimate
Notes : I use nod32 AV (not smart security). Superfetch is off.

Try uninstalling your antivirus for the time being. Usually when you are downloading something or working with large files, there realtime scanners are a pain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/43576-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello

Sometimes, IE8 hangs and I close it. When I run it again, I notice that it can't visit any site but IE8 is not hanged. I call the Task Manager and I saw nore than one IE8 processes running. This happens also with FireFox and Chrome. Is this a memory leak?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/276719-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 78.69%

How do I come to know there is an memory leak issue on my pc.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi guys im recently new on bleeping computer and i seen on other post guys doing miracle to help others have a working pc 
now im asking for your help (sorry guys my english isnt perfect im working hard on it)
My cpu is at 90 % of maximum frequency and thats when the pc is idle like i closed almost all running program but still
and im at 67 % used physical memory 

Now my question is , is this a memory leak problem ? and if so is there anything i can do to help my pc get better

A:Memory leak ??

When this happens, what processes are using lots of cpu?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527767/memory-leak/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi a friend of mine sent me here to figure out what I could I'm on a Sager NP with Core Duo ghz gb RAM a mb nVidia M GTS gb rpm hard drive and Vista Ultimate -Bit installed It sits on a Notepal Infinite small for a quot widescreen but the vents line up nicely and I use a Logitech Cordless Mini Optical I got this laptop less than a week ago and the first thing I did after installing XP SP -Bit and Vista -Bit was install all the drivers from the bundled CD from Sager The current installed programs are Avast Ccleaner Firefox Plus Flash and Java VM plugins Foxit Reader Diskeeper Itunes Gtalk Pidgin Logitech SetPoint Protector Suite QL fingerprint reader Speedfan Nero WinRAR VLC Speedfan and a bunch of Possible Memory Leak Source games I've been noticing an average of memory usage consistently even when nothing is on I thought it may have had something to do with the Aero theme which shouldn't have had a problem considering my Possible Memory Leak laptop's specs but I disabled them to test and my memory usage fell a whopping The Protector Suite QL psqltray exe likes to eat memory randomly sometimes growing to but I've seen hundreds of reports about this and no one seems to know why it happens I just end the process and retain use of my fingerprint reader for logging in and unlocking the pc One instance of svchost likes to claim about mb of my ram which isn't much of an issue I'm not too stingy It has the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Portable Device Enumerator Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Offline Files ReadyBoost Human Interface Device Access Network Connections Program Compatibility Assistant Service Superfetch Tablet PC Input Service Distributed Link Tracking Client Desktop Window Manager Session Manager Diagnostic System Host and WLAN AutoConfig As it seems to handle my -bit and wifi I find myself reluctant to end this particular process Now the odd part When I add up the memory used by all processes in Task Manager after showing all processes from all users it only adds up to about or so I can't for the life of me understand where the other is going I ran a Hijackthis check and this is what came up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Hotkey Driver HotkeyDriver exeD Users Kbleepij AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exeD Program Files x Pidgin pidgin exeD Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeD Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeD Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeD Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exeE Program Files x Steam Steam exeD Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeD Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeD Program Files x Windows Media Player wmplayer exeD Users Kbleepij AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - D Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - D Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot ... Read more

A:Possible Memory Leak

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.This may not work with the 64-bit... but others will help.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease Hold on it may take us a day or so to get back with you.R,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185645/possible-memory-leak/
Relevancy 78.69%

After searchin the web a bit Leak Memory i have found that i may have run into a Memory Leak memory leak on my computer Random SVChosts regular processes systems processes all use massive amounts of memory that continues to get larger over time usage and k memory usage at first i thought it was a a virus but im being told it is a bug in the os I do not have a boot disc this unit was a hand me down I am useing Memory Leak Windows xp bit and if you guys are able to lend a hand Memory Leak i would apprciate it cause the computer has become literally unusable after aobut - minutes of being used PLease repsond with what programs logs or other information you would like to know P S I know for a fact that my browser has the redirect virus if that may be an issue i apologize for posting in the wrong thread Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Memory Leak

Lol the svchost has a memory usage of 380k atm.... it seems if i don;t force close the process (which simply restarts afterwards) it will infinitely climb, any suggestions!?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389293/memory-leak/
Relevancy 78.69%

hi all
i am having all memory used up at intermittent times
sometimes 2 hours sometimes it takes 2 days and when it happens media portal has frozen and its used about 900 meg of my 3325 of ram

any body like to help me figure out were the memory leak is

cheers brad

As discussed previously, it sounds like a resource leak, but the real questions are "what's leaking?" and "can it be worked around without (re)coding the component in question?". This is all assuming you're already on the latest version of all the components involved, which tends to have a way of resolving (embarrassing) known resource leaks

The best way to troubleshoot is to start a Perfmon log straight after a reboot, and to keep it running until the "freeze" symptom manifests itself. Given it can take days, the trick is to keep the log file from growing to a monstrous size. That's done by being selective about what's being monitored, and how often perfmon records a "sample".

As a suggestion, create a Perfmon counter log to record all instances of all counters under the following objects:

- MEMORY
- PROCESS
- PROCESSOR
- SYSTEM
- THREAD

Set the sample interval to say 2 minutes, and kick off the log soon after the next scheduled reboot. Stop the perfmon log only once you're confident that the machine is clearly being all weird in the particular way which you wish to analyse.

If you need more info on how to create the perfmon log, just yell. Ditto if you'd like assistance in analysing it. There's nothing particularly personal in there other than the hostname of your server and the names of the processes running on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/34360-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 78.69%

an instance of svchost exe is eating up my memory which is in short supply Here is a list of Leak Memory my runing processes Any idea why this is or what to do about it Process PID CPU Description Company Name Virtual SizeSystem Idle Process K Interrupts n a Hardware Interrupts K DPCs n a Deferred Procedure Calls K System K smss exe Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation K csrss exe Client Memory Leak Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation K winlogon exe Windows NT Logon Application Microsoft Corporation K services exe Services and Controller app Microsoft Corporation K svchost exe Generic Host Process for Win Services Microsoft Corporation K XConfig exe XConfig Module Intel Corporation K naPrdMgr exe NAI Product Manager Network Associates Inc K svchost exe Generic Host Process for Win Services Microsoft Corporation K svchost exe Generic Host Process for Win Services Microsoft Corporation K S EvMon exe Event Monitor - Supports driver extensions to NIC Driver for wireless adapters Intel Corporation K svchost exe Generic Host Process for Win Services Microsoft Corporation K spoolsv exe Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation K FrameworkService exe Framework Service Network Associates Inc K Mcshield exe On-Access Scanner service Network Associates Inc K VsTskMgr exe Task Manager scheduling and OAS alerting service Network Associates Inc K mdm exe Machine Debug Manager Microsoft Corporation K nvsvc exe NVIDIA Driver Helper Service Version NVIDIA Corporation K RegSrvc exe RegSrvc Module Intel Corporation K svchost exe Generic Host Process for Win Services Microsoft Corporation K iPodService exe iPodService Module Apple Computer Inc K alg exe Application Layer Gateway Service Microsoft Corporation K NetSvc exe NetSvc Module Intel Corporation K lsass exe LSA Shell Export Version Microsoft Corporation K ZCfgSvc exe ZeroCfgSvc MFC Application Intel Corporation K procexp exe Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals K explorer exe Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation Kcarpserv exe carpserv Conexant Systems KApoint exe Alps Pointing-device Driver Alps Electric Co Ltd Kquickset exe QuickSet MFC Application Kjusched exe Java Platform Standard Edition binary Sun Microsystems Inc Kshstat exe On-access scanner statistics Network Associates Inc KUpdaterUI exe Common User Interface Network Associates Inc KTBMon exe TalkBack Monitor Network Associates Inc KiTunesHelper exe iTunesHelper Module Apple Computer Inc KDirectcd exe DirectCD Application Roxio KApntEx exe Alps Pointing-device Driver for Windows NT Alps Electric Co Ltd Kctfmon exe CTF Loader Microsoft Corporation KPRONoMgr exe PRONotifyMgr Module Intel Corporation Kfirefox exe Firefox Mozilla Corporation K

Since you've got Process Explorer on your system - use it to identify what processes are running under that particular svchost.exe process (PID 992) Once you find what's running beneath it, let us know and we'll be able to move on with more stuff to do. (the easiest way to get the info is to hover your mouse over the svchost.exe process - then the program will pop up a list of services that are running under that process).Are you performing any debug routines? I see that mdm.exe is running - this can be a result of a manual debug, or can be the result of an error.I also notice what may be 2 anti-virus programs running on your system. This can cause major problems as they compete for access to files, and they compete for access to system resources. I'd recommend turning one of them off immediately.I'd also suggest running this free, online scan (must use IE): http://safety.live.com/ It will scan for malware, clean your registry, delete your Temp files, and defrag your hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70411/memory-leak/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hey all Over the course of the past few days my PC seems to be suffering from high memory usage What's interesting is that I found this thread on this same forum in which the OP was having the exact same issue as me The PC starts fine and remains fine while Memory Leak? in use but allowing it Memory Leak? to sit for long periods of time with no activity will cause memory to be eaten and unable to be released I checked for any aliases that the Win Ramnit virus may be hiding under but can't seem to find anything I'm more than willing to post any screenshots of my Task Manager and whatnot but I'll have to get back to you on it as it takes a bit longer to for a substantial amount of my memory to be eaten due to the fact that I have GB Feel free to ask Memory Leak? for any screenshots in the meantime so I know what to grab Has anyone else other than Walter Odim experienced this problem

A:Memory Leak?

You have 32 GB installed physical RAM?

Please provide a tasklist. Bring up an Admin CMD prompt & paste:

Code:
tasklist /v > 0 & net start >> 0 & echo. >>0 & start notepad 0
A Notepad will open. Save it and attach to next post.

Check out Resource Monitor (RESMON). Click on Memory tab; click on Working Set to sort in descending order. What items are using the most memory & how much?

Windows Resource Monitor (RESMON) - (Windows 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista) - Sysnative Forums

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

p.s. Thank you to MS Mod jenae for tasklist from cited thread in post #1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-leak-979978.html
Relevancy 78.69%

About five days ago I began having problems with my physical memory leaking from start-up I'm running Vista Home Premium on Leak Memory a Dell Inspiron notebook G hard drive and G RAM When I open task manager right at start-up I have around mb of free physical memory but over the course of - minutes that amount drains to about - free mb At the time of the quot memory Memory Leak drain quot my CPU is running at and once I've lost most of my physical memory the CPU goes down to about with intermittent spikes of up to I also noted that I have instances of svchost exe and when I run the resource monitor during the quot drain quot it is svchost using most of the memory disk and CPU I've tried running the memory diagnostic tool disk clean-up disk defragmentor full system virus scan Dell system scan two different PC file registry clean-up programs and restarting my computer after disabling ALL start-up programs w msconfig on top of contacting Dell twice The only time I don't have this memory issue is when I run my computer on safe mode If someone has any idea what could be causing this please let me know

Your pc is just caching your unused memory. It is not leaking dude. Vista manages memory differently then previous operating systems. Hmn let me put this into words - Vista is designed to use your free unused memory into a cache called "super fetch" which in turn allows you to make use of all your ram instead of it being wasted. What "super fetch" does is it caches all of your frenquently used programs etc. into your unused memory. And of course we all know that ram works much much faster than a hard drive. It really does speed up your computer. And whenever you need that cached memory for lets say an application, Vista will make room for it instantly replacing the cache with your program. And over time Vista will study your computing habbits and cache the things you use more frenquently and not caching the things you do not. "Super fetch" is one of the many great features Vista has to offer.

-rav-e

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170156-memory-leak.html