Windows Support Forum

Came back home to trouble!

Q: Came back home to trouble!

So I've just stepped in the door from a trip to monroe LA. Helping my dad get his dealership ready for a buyer. I've been resorting to trying to stay active on the forums by using my mobile device. Anyway, the lamp in my 305T is dead. Yay me. Warranty is gone so I'm thinking of replacing the lcd completely or repairing. Is it worth paying 489 usd to have the lamp replaced or are there any good suggestions out there for a new large format high resolution lcd?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Came back home to trouble!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Came back home to trouble!

Some say a thirty inch monitor is overkill . . . but why is that a bad thing?
Are you going to be able to let someone up-sell you *One* again

supersmashbrada said:

Is it worth paying 489 usd to have the lamp replacedClick to expand...

If you find somewhere that ships back-lights for SyncMaster monitors to AUS could you please post the link?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/came-back-home-to-trouble.162713/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok, so I have Vista Home Basic and I am looking to upgrade to Home Premium. I was looking at the features I don't have on my laptop (eg Windows Media Center, Windows Aero, Remote Desktop) and when I searched my computer, I found out I had features that Home Basic shouldn't have, like Windows Meeting Space and Windows Mobility Center, which I found strange

Now, I found out that if I upgraded to Home Premium, I would loose Windows Complete Backup and Restore and Networking Center and Remote Desktop, with Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption not being available on on either OS.

What I would like to know is if I upgraded to Home Premium, would I keep Windows Complete Backup and Restore and Networking Center and Remote Desktop from before the upgrade.

I do hope that this is not too confusing to understand and I also hope someone can help me out!

Thanks for reading

A:Trouble with upgrading from Home Basic to Home Premium

Hi Combat,

Check this out:

What's in your Windows Vista? - CNET Reviews

You may prefer to upgrade to Windows 7 instead :

Windows 7 editions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which one is right for you?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/245299-trouble-upgrading-home-basic-home-premium.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Win7 HP and Chrome Browser

I am finding that sometimes, for example, when reading a forum's thread that has several pages, that use of the back button or arrow does not work. I remain on the same page. The icon in top left rotates too. A few times it works eventually, but mostly I have to use the equivalent of something likea site's "AAAForum > Internet > Web Browsing & Email > Start new topic" and select the penultimate item; not helpful if you wan to step back a page pf the thread.

I cannot work out if it only happens on certain sites.

What could be the cause, and the cure? Ideas anyone?

A:Back trouble

Might well be chrome causing this, try Firefox fo a spell!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265147-back-trouble.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Guys,
I am in a real pickle here so I hope that you can help.
I reformated 2 pcs last week. I backed my C drive onto two places:
1. Portable USB 10 gb hard drive using acronis true image 9
2. Tape - using Seagate tape drive and Yosimite Tapeware V.7

Further to reformat I can get neither to restore due to errors and I am really really in trouble.
My question is:
1. Acronis has encrypted the information that I cannot extract. Is there a way to reverse this?
2. Is there any way to recover the information from the tape with a few errors

A:Back up trouble- SOS!!!!

Can you post the errors?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/back-up-trouble-sos-99476.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently purchased norton ghost I want to use a dvd-rw having creating up back a trouble as a recovery point storage location so when I place a dvd-rw in the dvd drive and proceed with the back up it goes into DOS and start the back up process after copying the drive half way onto the dvd it automatic reboots to Win xp and says that an having trouble creating a back up error has accure it did this to me twice I dont know if I am doing it right but am pretty sure that I am doing it how the guide says to do it the partition I am trying to back up is about gig and the capacity of the dvd is gigs please help and I also want to back up having trouble creating a back up my primary partitions in size where my os is located into a dvd how do i do it I am running an AMD socket gigabyte K NS Pro kingston MB of RAM single channel MB ATI AGP WD gig SATA HD dvd-rw drive and cd-rom drive I have dual boot with W pro sp and Wxp sp and a logical drive in which i try to back up Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all!

I am new here and also new to the whole CPU thing.And I may be posting this in the wrong spot,if so,sorry..

I had to do a system recovery(the HP 8 disk kind) Grrrr.. And when I did I backed up all my music and art work I do Into Data files. Now when I try to add them onto the "fixed" version I get a "windows cant read" message,so yes,Im lost at what to do..lol..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

A:Trouble with my Back up files :(

Welcome to TechSpot

It's no longer in wrong place

Which backup software did you use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-my-back-up-files.19527/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, I've had this problem with my Canon Rebel XS for a while now. The only way to turn my camera on is to take out the battery and re-insert it right before i turn the camera back on. I don't know why it does this but it is a huge hassle, especially when my camera turns itself off to save power and i try and take pictures but have to remove the battery once again to turn the camera on.

If it helps, I previously encountered the canon Error 99. I looked it up and solved the error with rubbing the sensor with a pencil eraser and no longer receive the Error 99.

A:Trouble turning camera back on.

"rubbing the sensor with a pencil eraser"

Are you sure it was the sensor you rubbed? Don't you mean the battery contacts?
You're not supposed to rub a camera sensor with a pencil eraser!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-turning-camera-back-on.1016201/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, it seems my friend Blue screen of death is back again...I'll attach the minidump below (newest happened just 2 days ago) again BAD POOL HEADER error code.

So, do you think I should take it to a computer shop? Let them charge me 60$/hour to find out the issue? Or is it a simple fix? I hope it's just a driver that's still left behind.

Let me know what you think. & thanks again for the help. It just makes me so mad that I need to bother you guys again with this....

A:Blue screens seem to be back (Sorry about the trouble)

These crashes were caused by pool corruption probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Driver verifier

Quote:

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screens-seem-to-be-back-sorry-about-the-trouble-639200.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i got vista installed in AHCI sata mode
i got xp installed in IDLE sata mode

when i tried to boot up vista, it tries to boot up xp instead and bsod occured.
i used vista eRecovery i typed bootrec.exe /fixboot and it didnt work it still tries to boot into xp, i typed bootrec /scanos , it only scanned my D:\Windows XP OS only

what should i do to boot back my vista? im using acer 8930g model

A:trouble booting back into vista

Hi, there are a number of ways around this. If you have a copy of the Vista DVD then boot from it, run the startup repair to invoke the Vista Boot (BCD). XP will have taken over the boot (boot ini), from the original install. Now when you boot you will only have the option to boot to Vista. In Vista download Easy BCD :-
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Run this to set a dual boot menu with XP Now one thing Vista does not see drive letters as you might imagine so when you set the boot path make sure XP points to the same drive as Vista. If Vista is on drive "C" for example and even though you have XP say on drive "F" point XP to drive "C". Here is an example XP is actually on "H" drive on this machine:-

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-booting-back-into-vista-348781.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I use a Toshiba Tecra laptop It's old and uses XP Came back from back Looping to Windows XP keeps trouble screen the library the other day where I downloaded a small mp software program from CNET and I can't get the Windows XP keeps Looping back to trouble screen computer past the windows start up screen It keeps looping back to the black screen that tells you there is a problem and do you want to start in safe mode normal mode etc well regardless of what you press it comes back to that screen I use Avast anti virus and it was up to date so I am not sure if I have a virus or if I am dealing with a faulty hard drive I got this computer from an organization that refurbishes computers and gives them away to people who volunteer in their communities and to students Anyway the computer has worked ok from the first power up In all my years working with computers I have never dealt with a serious hard drive issue or virus Could use some advice and I Don'T have a system restore disk the only time I haven't created one

A:Windows XP keeps Looping back to trouble screen

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. Disk Check Outside Windows (Windows XP) The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools, or WD DataLifeGuardin my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-keeps-looping-back-to-trouble-screen-685873.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Yeah i have a computer using Windows XP Home Edition Its a pretty old desktop about years old I want to To Default Reverting Trouble [SOLVED] Back Factory revert my desktop to the factory default settings but im having some trouble I press F at the startup and when i get to the Advanced Boot screen the factory default setting is not available I may not have the option on my computer but i have also tried running my XP Home Edition disk to try to do a clean install i set the computer to boot from CD-ROM in BIOS and start the computer with the disk in but nothing happens it starts like normal Then i downloaded the XP installation to the floppy disks and tried to boot from a floppy The Windows Setup screen appeared but when i put the nd floppy disk in theres a total of i get an error Im thinking this might be because the floppy disks i have are mb and the setup calls for mb but im not sure if that mb is messing things up So is there [SOLVED] Trouble Reverting Back To Factory Default something im doing wrong or something else i can do to revert my computer back to factory settings My computer is a [SOLVED] Trouble Reverting Back To Factory Default NVIDIA AWRDACPI im not sure if thats what my computer is or if thats just the motherboard model but thats the only information i could find on my desktop Any feed back would be appreciated Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Trouble Reverting Back To Factory Default

and welcome to the Forum

When you boot from the installation disc, do you see a prompt to "Press any key to boot from CD" ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-trouble-reverting-back-to-factory-default-635168.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok so I've been fooling around with my icons these past few days. I changed some of them manually by simply going through the customize tab and others changed by using iconpackager from Stardock. However today I found an icon package I liked so I tried to apply the entire thing. Most icons changed but a few of them remained as they were before (ciment was the type I was using). I tried restoring all icons to the windows default through iconpackager and manually, and while most of them changed, again those select few retained the ciment icon look. I have this sick feeling that I somehow replaced the default folders for those select few even though I have no idea how I could have done that.

I just want to start fresh now, right back from the start. Is there a simple way to do this?

A:Having trouble restoring all my folder icons back to default

Hi,

Try this tutorial:

User Folders - Restore Default Icon

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/157138-having-trouble-restoring-all-my-folder-icons-back-default.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All,
New to the forum and not quite sure if this is the right place to post this. I am having trouble dinstalling Willow Creek software to burn and back up my data. The problem is with Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003. It keeps telling me I need a SKU112.CAD file. I browse and find the directory where the softaware is C:/ProgramFiles/Office but this does not fix the issue. Any suggestions. I do not have the Office disc as the computer came with it already in the system. I have tried other softare and it's not the software it's Microsoft Office.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-willow-creek-to-burn-and-back-up-my-data.87000/
Relevancy 43.43%

One of the things that irked me about windows 8 was the available mail programs including outlook.com. They were terrible & frankly I was considering wasting the $39 & go back to windows 7. Well today I stumbled on finding I could download live mail so I did & what a relief to see it. I now never have to open the so called metro and do everything from the desktop. I even have the widows 7 start menu. I have a notebook with windows 7 and am determined to not change it as it does not have a touch screen. At this point I am a happy camper. jimjoh

A:feel back home now

Uhhh... really? You had no idea you could install other apps? Seriously?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11874-feel-back-home-now.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I accidently downloaded a .swf file and apon playing it , it killed all my sound.
Hardware profiles and system checks tell me that all sound cards , and sound related hardware is still intact.
I tried using sytem restore but after the sixty fith time of trying to estimate what date sytem restore will work , it's slow killing my pc in the process.
So before I throw this pc out the window , can anyone give me some advice on what to do.
winamp and internet radio are better when there's sound coming out my speakers.

Genshiken

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-my-sound-back-win-xp-home.625008/
Relevancy 43.43%

I decided to upgrade to xp pro from xp home, instead of performing a clean install. During the upgrade I received an error telling me I needed to change the name of my computer...DNS error....can't continue with upgrade.

Only problem is I couldn't go back and change the name because everytime my computer restarted it wanted to go back into the set up. I attempted to reinstall by making my OS CD bootable and going through the recovery console, no such luck. Finally, I was able to get through the upgrage process, almost. When the system goes to reboot and the installation continues, mine doesn't, I just a big black screen.

My point, I now have 2 installations on my computer, neither of them are Home, and I can not access any of my documents or programs I used before. The user names and program files are listed, however access in denied. Have I just completely screwed myself?

A:Uninstall Pro back to Home?

sorry to say that, but i think u did screwed very bad....
try login in safe mode
hope that will get all ur files bak
good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/uninstall-pro-back-to-home-11436.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My home computer has been attacked by the XP Security 2012 Malware. I used your instructions to eliminate it but this has not worked as yet. The Malwarebytes program did find and quarantined a number of Trojans etc but the computer still sends me to unrequested websites and my AVG Anti-Virus Software keeps blocking new threats. So now I am following your "Preparation Guide befire using Malware Removal Tools" instructions but I'm stuck. I do not appear to have the ability to back up my files. My computer is a Dell and there was no Windows XP CD with the computer when it was purchased. I tried to find a download for NTbacku.msi but the MS website does not appear to offer a download for this. Am I simply not looking in the right place? Thanks

A:Windows XP Home Back UP

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Basically, for safety sake, that would be the contents of the My Documets folder only.
Unless you run accounting software like QuickBooks, Quicken etc.

You can get a USB flash drive ad just copy and paste the files to the USB device.
It is for your own protection to have duplicates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403640/windows-xp-home-back-up/
Relevancy 43.43%

So I somehow corrupted my old version of win 7 Hp that came preinstalled on this laptop. I borrowed my friends windows disk to reinstalled windows using the product key on the bottom of the laptop. But it turns out the disk is for ultimate and my key is for home premium. Right now I am using an unactivated version of ultimate. How do I get win 7 Hp back?

A:How to get Home Premium back?

Are you paying attention to your other threads???

You download an ISO of Home Premium, burn it to DVD, install, and activate with your existing Product Key.

Or you can borrow a friend's Home Premium disk if it is exact same type as yours.

I assume you are unable to access the recovery partition on your hard drive and did not make recovery disks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/225210-how-get-home-premium-back.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This is probably a stupid question, and I think I already know the answer , but in order to back up Windows xp home edition I have been told that I need to install the back up utility from the Windows cd. My operating system was installed by HP and my computer came with NO cds at all. I hate that they do that now. I have access to Windows XP pro cds from work, but I'm sure that wouldn't work, would it?
By the way, I LOVE this forum! Have learned SO much here!
Thanks!
Judy

Relevancy 43%

Hi XP trouble.. Edition Home there i have a hp pavilion dv laptop and it XP Home Edition trouble.. is playing up bad it started having a few problems when i restarted it and something prompted me to run a chkdsk because something was wrong when i restarted it but i didn t know what that meant so i left that and scanned the computer and a few system things came up but did not appear as threats but under change when i shut the computer down and turnit on again it goes to a black screen where it asks if i want to start it in safe mode two other safe modes the last known good config or start windows normally but for all these it goes to a blue screen for a second and then reboots itself if i press f at the first screen and check the hard disk it passes everything and if i boot from the xp cd and try to repair it it says that it does not detect a hard drive any help with this would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I've been trying to repair XP Home. This is on a HP computer that already has SP2. I've done my research and tried repairing, but after I put in my product key during the installation, the process continues. But then, the computer restarts for some odd reason. I've tried letting the CD in and removing it when the pc boots up again, but I'm redirected to the same page: the beginning of the installation process. So WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?!?! I'm trying to just repair, backup, and then install XP Professional. But I can't do anything because winlogon.exe is corrupted. Is there a way to startup XP without winlogon.exe by any chance? I've tried Safe mOde and Last KNown Good Configuration but those options don't work.

Relevancy 43%

Okay not really sure if this is the right place for this or not XP Recycle on Home Bin trouble but really hoping you all can help me out a bit I play EverQuest and somewhere along the line thier installation discs forgot that if you tell it to install in a certain folder it is not supposed to create two identically named folders in the exact same location on your computer Anyway I compacted Recycle Bin trouble on XP Home it all into one folder as they recommend and tried to delete the now extra folder that was created both named Sony Well first the computer could not figure out which folder should hold all the items and I ended up deleting gb worth of info a couple times since it would choose the one with info instead of the empty folder Then I renamed the file with the info in it hoping that would work which it did in a way because I got one of them to go to the recycling bin After I got that one deleted I renamed the folder I was using the proper name and I can patch and start the EQ software just fine Here is the problem though I now have a folder in my recycling bin that will not delete I always get this error Error deleting File or Folder Cannot remove folder EverQuest Cannot find the specified file Make sure you specify the correct path and file name Now it is taking up mb worth of space and I can not remove it If I was on Win I would start in DOS and remove it before windows got sympathetic about it and not have a problem However I am using Win XP Home and as far as I have seen XP does not have a great DOS program You can not as far as I can see start the computer in DOS or create a normal start up disk like you could for and earlier I have also lost a lot of my games I use to play because they required Runtime or total DOS mode in order to work properly and the compatability mode set program to be compatible with WIN XXXXX version does not help Anyway anyone happen to have a work around to get rid of the stuck file I have tried DOS prompt and creating XP s so called start up disk to no avail Thanks in advance Sael nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I've recently had a STOP: 0x24 code and have decided to reformat xp home if that will even work. But after i insert the OS cd and hit enter to start the setup and go to the agreement page the screen that I was already on stays blue with nothing on the page except a message at the bottom. The message says "Examining 38147 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi...". Can anyone help?

A:Trouble Reformatting xp home

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? If you can, Go to Start,Control Panel,Administrative Tools,Computer Management,Disk Management. Tell to delete partition. Then Format with all volume. Exit then reboot. Hopefully will boot from XP disk.( No guarantees, but something that may help)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-reformatting-xp-home-302270.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a computer in here that would lock up everytime you tried to do something. So i decided to reload it and see if that worked. As i am trying to reload it everytime i get to the screen that gives you the option to hit ENTER to continue, hit R to repair, or hit F3 to exit, i can't do anything. It locks up at that spot everytime. Why is this. Any opinions are welcome. Thank you.

A:Trouble reloading XP home

just thought to write zero's to the drive first then try.....is this correct??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-reloading-xp-home-268467.html
Relevancy 43%

I am tring to reinstall windows xp and when in setup when i try to delete the partion it says i can because the are files i need int he partion this has never happened before and i have repaired it but to now avail please help if you can i would be very greatfull thanks :(

A:Trouble reinstalling xp home PLZ HELP!!!

What exactly is the problem? Reinstalling WinXP might not be the best solution. Please describe your issue with as much detail as possible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-reinstalling-xp-home-plz-help-533986.html
Relevancy 43%

I have an older Gateway laptop (Model No.:400SD) and got a virus. I was reinstalling the OS when the computer shutdown on me with it was copying windows. The power adapter was pulled out the wall. Now when i turn on the computer to try to redo the install or just complete it the computer comes on and the disc starts spinning, but no boot screen (Gateway splash screen) and then the CD just stops spinning and the computer just runs. Did I mess up the BIOS . Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-reinstalling-xp-home-sp2.618035/
Relevancy 43%

A definition of WPA2:WPA2 (Wi-FI Protected Access 2) is a network security technology commonly used on Wi-Fi wireless networks. WPA2 replaced the original WPA technology on all certified Wi-Fi hardware since 2006 and is based on the IEEE 802.11i technology standard for data encryption.Mar 31, 2016It seems that Windows XP does not work well with current WPA2. Or so it seems. About month back o it was working. Now it does not. So I have to use my wireless without ant security.Using Malware bytes, no virus was found.  So I suppose this is a XP specific thing.  The problem does not show in Windows 10. But I like to web surf in XP. It is a  habit hard to break.Any ideas?   EDIT: A new update for WPA2 was released. I have not tried it.http://yourtipdshow.info/2016/02/18/microsoft-update-xp-wpa2/

A:Having trouble with WPA2 at home.

I have a Thinkpad T41 running Windows XP and it connects to my WPA2 network without issue.There has been no recent update. That website is a spam website that scrapes other websites. The "update" in question to add support for WPA2 is from May of 2005, and applies to SP2. It is rolled into SP3.I think you'll agree that "It's not working" leaves an awful lot to the imagination!

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155769.0.html
Relevancy 43%

Windows XP home program seems to load fine but as windows XP boots up, a message appears:

The Login User Interface DLL GT Gina.dll failed to load.

Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL or restore the original DLL.

(Restart)
If I restart, this same message appears.

I have reloaded XP three times with the same result.

My XP home disk is a store bought copy not one that came with a computer.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

A:Trouble upgrading from Win 98-2 to Win XP home

Hi .The following is a decent link on what to do before...attempting an upgrade install of XP.http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.phpI think that you'll find the general feeling is that it's safer/better to just do a clean install. Upgrading from one to the other does nothing to negate any system problems which previously existed...and these may carry over to the new operating system.Ditto for hardware problems.Ditto for malware problems, IMO.This seems to be your situation, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164486http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ginadll.htm I think I'd download the file, double-click on it, and hope that it solves the situation. I suggest trying that first .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180887/trouble-upgrading-from-win-98-2-to-win-xp-home/
Relevancy 43%

Hi folks, I got given to me an old dell inspiron 1100 laptop pc, It had xp home basic on it, so i tried to install vista basic, i formatted the disc and installed vista basic, It installed okey but instead of the picture covering the whole screen 15-inch its only about 9-inch,I think that was because i didn't do my homework, when i checked the microsoft specs the minimum is 512 mb memory and 20 gb hardrive for vista basic, this has 640-mb memory, but only 18.5gb hardrive, so i formatted the hardrive and tried to reinstall xp, I get a black screen, and when i press ctrl-alt-delete, it restarts, the dell logo comes up but i cant get any further,I can put the vista install disc in the drive and it does reconize that, any help would be appreciated, thanks

A:Trouble reinstalling xp home

Try changing this to boot from a CD:

Boot Priority - Change

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292114-trouble-reinstalling-xp-home.html
Relevancy 43%

Compaq Presario model BW made in New New Installing Hd Home On Trouble WD G HD I m trying to instal XP Home on a new WD hd The hd came with a cd I think it s an installation cd On the CD it says quot Google Software Drive Installation Diagnositics User Documentation Google taskbar New Trouble Installing Home On New Hd Google Desktop Picasa quot On the cd it says quot If Windows is not installed boot from this CD quot When I boot from the installation CD it goes through a number of steps then stops at quot Attempting PM ATA Identify-SN Invalid Response quot then the same text except PS is in place of PM with no response I stopped running the cd at that point because it was taking so long When I tried installing the XP Home OEM CD before trying the installation CD it went through the partitioning and then through the formatting but before the formatting was complete I fell asleep When I awoke the message quot Press any key to boot from CD A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot Whatever I tried it just went back to the same message even after rebooting Is the hd faulty or the XP Home installation cd how long should the installation cd take to do its thing and is it necessary to use the hd installation cd before installing the o s I suspect a problem with the HD because there was a problem with both cds My understanding of computers is rudimentary Thanks for any replies

A:New Trouble Installing Home On New Hd

Double check that the cables for the hard drive are correctly connected and seated. If that doesn't help try downloading a diagnostic from the WD website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170092/new-trouble-installing-home-on-new-hd/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all I was goin thru the forum and thought I'll ask you help after going thru some of your posts I'm using a Compaq AMD system yrs old with win xp home on it and it doesn't boot Help !, Boot Home Xp trouble. any more It says file usbhub sys is missing and as soon as the win xp loads it restarts and repeats the same story the minute I see the win xp logo it reboots I do have a lot of files on it incl kids pics and songs and videos thousands of them and i don't wanna lose any of it Tried a Standard recovery using the recovery CD and it didn't work It just doesnt list the C windows directory for me to select which installation to repair it just shows quot C gt quot What shall i do I did chkdsk and it said its fine and to see the windows installation I used the command quot c gt cd windows Xp Home Help !, Boot trouble. quot and it says the path of file specified is not valid Cant try a full recovery as it will wipe out all the files I do have access to other computers and I tried connecting this IDE drive to one of them as a slave to recover the Xp Home Help !, Boot trouble. data but unfortunately that system runs on XP PRO and it didnt give me any access to this hard drive at all I guess a conflict between Xp home and Pro Cant try connecting it to the third system as it takes in only SATA drives and this one is IDE Could u plz help me to get thru this mess Any help would be greatly appreciated I just need to copy all my files and then I could try a full system recovery wiping out everything clean Please do help with some suggestions if u have time Thanks in advance George

A:Xp Home Help !, Boot trouble.

"I tried connecting this IDE drive to one of them as a slave to recover the data but unfortunately that system runs on XP PRO and it didnt give me any access to this hard drive at all.(I guess a conflict between Xp home and Pro)"

The OS is effectively irrelevant for the process you're describing there; if you were connecting an XP Pro disk to a Home machine, then in certain circumstances, it might be an issue, but not this way around.

It sounds to me like either there's a problem with the drive itself, or the way it was connected to the XP Pro machine. Can you confirm that you jumpered the XP Home drive as a slave, and then mounted it on a cable where there were no other drives jumpered as a slave; usually the easiest way to make sure of this is to connected it as the only drive on that cable (which actually means that it doesn't matter how it's jumpered), however, substituting the slave-jumpered XP Home drive for a CD ROM drive should suffice (but is by no means a guarantee).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-help-boot-trouble-232251.html
Relevancy 43%

Have a dell optiplex gx150 w/ windows xp home the pc says it has 7.8 gb of hard drive space and shows we r using 7.5gb with nothing installed but xp when started pc ask if we want windows or windows xp what does that mean. Also the specs on this pc say we should have 20gb of space whats wrong

A:Plz help dell with xp home having trouble

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plz-help-dell-with-xp-home-having-trouble.893807/
Relevancy 43%

I am wanting to perform a system restore on my Compaq Presario 2100 laptop. i have the 4 QuickRestore System Recovery CD's and I have gone through this process many times in the past. Now, for some reason, whenever I place Disc 1 in the CD-ROM drive and reboot it goes to this weird DOS screen that looks like this:

Any help? if you need any more info please ask. Sorry about bad quality.

A:having trouble restoring xp home

Hello krim,

Can you boot this machine into Windows??

If you can, try a "System Restore" this way...

Go Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore; follow the on-screen prompts to "Restore" your syatem to a date/time that you wish.

Using this System Restore will not delete any files or data, it will 'take the computer back in time'.

Once the System Restore is complete, the computer will reboot automatically.
When the computer has powered up and the Desktop appears, there will be no Icons visible for about 2 minutes; this is normal.
You will also have a confirmation box appear confirming the success/failure of the System Restore.
Please Note: You will have to update your Anti Virus program and any real time spyware programs too.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-trouble-restoring-xp-home-252162.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello all.

I have installed Windows XP Home on a PC I built.

I have 80 GB Western Digital HDD
1GB Ram PC2700 (two sticks of 512)
Nvidia GeForce 5500 FX
AMD Sempron 3200

Here is my issues:

I can install windows just fine, However when i get the 2nd restart it stops on the windows loading screen, the one that has a little blue scrolling bar across the bottom. I ty resetting and it still stops there. I also tried reinstalling windows and it happens each and every time there. What is causing this? I tried two different video cards and nothing, and different Ram. Is it a bad motherboard? Bad Processor, it shouldn't be considering I can get windows to install up to that point.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely RDGM

Relevancy 43%

Hi, I can't get into xphome sp2 w the os disk. At this point i would just like to save my fathers mail. I have ultimate boot cd, but don't really know how to use it. Any suggestions would be great. I also have file retrieval software.
But would need guidance. thx

A:Trouble w xp home sp2 repair - help

Stick with your original thread. There's no need to start another thread for the same problem. I've requested this thread be closed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-w-xp-home-sp2-repair-help.862751/
Relevancy 43%

Hi my dads computer became very slow and w sp2 - home Trouble xp repair help almost impossible to work with so after many hours i was able to do a virus spyware scan with spybot search and destroy which found spywares also downloaded the new ad-aware free version and it found highly dangerous virus s but wanted me to pay to clean them up I thought it was the free scanner maybe they don t have that anymore Anyway since it was ridiculously painful to continue working in windows i decided to do a Trouble w xp home sp2 repair - help repair with the os disk I went to the first R and did a chkdsk and it was fine so i rebooted and went to the second R to do a repair however after some time it seemed to be loading a new copy of xp instead of repairing a few files and i got scared and turned it off Did some research and realized i should not have stopped the repair now i get an error requesting the cd with the file asms on xp home sp but the disk that i was doing the repair with is just xp home no sp so here i am in need of help and direction Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I was trying to backup my OS by using the tutorial method given

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

Every time I clicked the create a system image link, the command prompt appears for a second and then disappears. Nothing was run and no UAC appear.

What is the problem?

Thanks

A:I can't back up my Windows 7 Home Premium

Hello entinggi and welcome to Seven Forums.

The most common cause of a quick flash of the command prompt screen after clicking a link is that the program is reporting an error of some sort. It could be your computer has damaged or corrupt system files. Run a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If any problems are found run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan. Post back the results.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/240977-i-cant-back-up-my-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 43%

About three years ago I went from Dell to HP and purchased an extended warranty. I had used Windows
Pro with the Dell, but HP told me I had to use Home Premium or void the contract. It dawned me recently
that whenever my machine crashes, HP support says to do a clean Windows install (!), which I do. I know
how to do that blind-folded; why do I need a warranty to cover it? Answer: I don't.
I want to uninstall Home Premium and reinstall Windows Pro. I really appreciate your instructions for
the best way to make this "monumental" change (without my machine blowing up). I want to give HP credit:
I like their PCs and other products, and the tech support is very good. Thanks to all. ellen

A:From Windows 7 Home Premium back to Pro

I just thought of something: the old version of Pro will be 32 bit. My HP is 64. I might not be able to use the old Pro dick to install. ellen

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334227-windows-7-home-premium-back-pro.html
Relevancy 43%

my laptop keeps wanting to click back to my Google home page even when I am offline in other programs besides for Internet Explorer such as Windows Explorer or even Control Panel - all the icons are replaced by the Google homepage - which i wouldn't think was possible especially when I'm offline and out of reach of any wireless connection Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Going To - Keeps Page Google Back My Home WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exeC WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeC WINDOWS system ScsiAccess EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC WINDOWS system carpserv exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXEC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BlueSoleil exeC Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr Keeps Going Back To My Home Page - Google exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exeC DOCUME Tim LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for Keeps Going Back To My Home Page - Google hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B Keeps Going Back To My Home Page - Google - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run Picasa Media Detector C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exeO - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exeO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup BlueSoleil lnk - Global Startup InterVideo WinCinema Manager lnk C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exeO - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeO - Global Startup KODAK Software Updater lnk C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Ge... Read more

A:Keeps Going Back To My Home Page - Google

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you.
That doesn't sound like a symptom of malware, but let's see if we can figure it out. I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are seeing. Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/60340/keeps-going-back-to-my-home-page-google/
Relevancy 43%

hi im having trouble getting rid of destop background, it all started when i started using xp manager the wall paper changer you could load a few pics in and it would run through them but if you want to stop it you have to use prosses manager in the program ,so i uninstalled xp manager now its still stuck on the same background , ps im using nvidia desktop aswell, and when i go into cotrol pannel it looks like win98 style as there is no blue pannel with options, i wonder weather this is too do with sp3 ,,anyone got any clues ,,cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-rid-of-desktop-back-ground-xp-home-sp3-321953.html
Relevancy 43%

I urgently need to backup data from my computer which uses Windows XP Home. I understand that you will be able to supply a program that will enable me to do that.Is my information correct ?
If it is what do I need to do.

A:Back up program for Windows XP Home

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/bott_03july14.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-up-program-for-windows-xp-home.654954/
Relevancy 43%

There is probably a thread somewhere here concerning this issue, I just don't know where to look,Help plz.

A:Back up in Vista Home Basic

Hi audioAl,Usually the D: drive is where the files needed to restore your computer to factory default are stored. It is normally about 10 gigs in size and should not be tampered with. What has happened is that your backup & restore center has been incorrectly setup. No big problem though. You have a couple of choices here, either open the backup & restore center and turn off automatic backup or purchase some removable media (external hardrive, USB stick, DVD-R or CD-R) and adjust the settings in backup & restore to save to whichever one of these you choose.Let me know if you need any further help with this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288639/back-up-in-vista-home-basic/
Relevancy 43%

Dear friends,

I am Nikhil. I have licensed version of Win XP SP1 Home Ed in my PC. But it does not show Backup option under

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools

head. Can you please guide me about how to enable this utility ?

Regards
Nikhil

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-enable-back-up-utility-in-win-xp-home-ed.59318/
Relevancy 43%

My computer is telling me I have low disc space on volume D it is apparently backing up the first of the month but doesn't clear off the old one just keeps adding to it I tried to do a back up to a disc but it keeps telling me that the back up failed because there isn't enough space when it makes a shadow copy I have vista home basic in the vista for dummies book it says that making shadow copies and automatic back ups are not supposed to be available on home basic How do I stop the computer from backing up basic back Vista home ups by itself clear off the D partition and be able to do a back up to discs I had to have it reformatted about a month ago and all the files I had burned Vista home basic back ups to disc before now show up as blank on here I am not a very tech person but can do basics with instructions have to tell you though I hate this computer Vista home basic back ups have had nothing but trouble with it since I got it it is an E-machine model bit system GB Vista home basic with service pack Any help would be appreciated Thanks Kathy

A:Vista home basic back ups

Hi Kathy
Get rid of that sad face. Read this and you will understand what is happening
Recover Files with Previous Versions (Volume Shadow Copy) in Vista Home Basic and Premium with ShadowExplorer

You can use this in lieu of shadow copy
http://www.shadowexplorer.com/
http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Use...Basic_29017683

You can use this for backups.
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

I am not sure if you can turn if off in Home Basic butI would use disc cleanup to get rid of the copies.
Disk Cleanup
I doubt of properties serves the same function in Basic as it does in the versions with more features but, see if this can be done
Right click the computer, on start menu and choose properties.
. On the left-hand side panel you will see a listing for System Protection Choose the System Protection tab and uncheck the drive that is set for “Automatic Restore Points”.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282865-vista-home-basic-back-ups.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am trying to upgrade itunes with quick time for an ipod touch. i keep getting registry errors. the latest one is -
could not open key HKEY_CURRENT_USER
software\microsoft\internet explorer\media\mime types
make sure you have sufficient access to this key

I have searched on line for help and have tried to adjust permission in the registry but it doesn't seam to help.

any suggestions?

JB

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/itunes-registry-trouble-for-xp-home-427676.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a small network set up at home and thought it was set up as secure more on that soon My PC is in a basement room and out of range so I have run a CAT cable up to my router on the nd floor home at wirelessly connecting Trouble and have a steady connection My daughter on the other hand has a netgear wg adapter The router is also a netgear router wgt She is rooms away from the router yet cannot connect When Trouble connecting wirelessly at home searching for wireless networks in range through XP my network sometimes shows up as secure other times as not secure More often than not her result of trying to connect is quot limited or no connectivity quot This is frustrating as all hell Can anyone offer a solution aside from wiring her connection BTW I have cable service coming in and the modem is a motorola not sure of the exact model Further there are apparently other networks near my home that I am picking up and XP likes to default to one inparticular even though I have deleted it from the list and made my network the preferred network Harumph Thanks in advance for any help and advice Andrewkl

A:Trouble connecting wirelessly at home

hello & welcome to TSF ,

you would be better off if you reposted this in the network section of this forum

they are more adapted in handling these issues

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-wirelessly-at-home-222962.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm having trouble installing Windows XP home on my newly installed computer. When I put in the CD and start up the computer, I am able to format my drive, then after a restart, I am supposed to 'continue the setup' (with a GUI instead of plain bios-style type), but instead my computer goes back to the beginning of the Windows XP setup each time I format and restart. It does detect that there is a OS already on the hard drive but does not recognize that it needs to continue the setup I guess.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI
hard drive: Western Digital SATA 250GB

Thanks in advance!

A:Trouble installing Windows XP home

In the manual for the motherboard there should be instruction on how to make a raid driver disk. When you are installing windows will ask you to press F6 to install raid drivers and it will look for these on the floppy. have it load the drivers for you SATA controler.
Then when it reboots it tells you to remove the cd? make sure you do that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-installing-windows-xp-home-76617.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok I downloaded and ran Panda and Housecall Here is my HJT I am also receiving quot about blank quot as the default for my explorer Thanks for your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY NISSERV About:blank trouble page home EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY IAMAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY NISUM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET About:blank home page trouble SECURITY ATRACK About:blank home page trouble EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC DIRECTCD DIRECTCD EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA TOUCH MANAGER TOUCHMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES LEXMARKX ACMONITOR X EXE C PROGRAM FILES LEXMARKX ACBTNMGR X EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PRINTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA TOUCH MANAGER MEDIACTR EXE C About:blank home page trouble WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINAMP WINAMPA EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SHARED FILES CAMTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM P P NETWORKING P P NETWORKING EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXPPS EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SEARCHUPGRADER SEARCHUPGRADER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC EASY CD CREATOR CREATECD CREATECD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTMPN EXE C PROGRAM FILES WEBSHOTS WEBSHOTSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONSCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C PALM HOTSYNC EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA TOUCH MANAGER MMUSBKB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C MY DOCUMENTS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by telus net R - URLSearchHook no name - D A E - A - f- A- B BF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C PROGRAM FILES MYWAY MYBAR BIN MYBAR DLL O - BHO no name - EE C - - D -A - ECFB - C WINDOWS QSYSMSG DLL file missing O - BHO brdg Class - C A - DDA- C F-BE C-C F CF - C WINDOWS SYSTEM BRIDGE DLL O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS MULTIMPP DLL O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar My amp Search Bar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C PROGRAM FILES MYWAY MYBAR BIN MYBAR DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Adaptec DirectCD C PROGRA ADAPTEC DIRECTCD DIRECTCD EXE O - HKLM Run Touch Manager C Program Files Netropa Touch Manager ... Read more

A:About:blank home page trouble

Ok, I downloaded and ran Panda and Housecall: Here is my HJT; I am also receiving "about:blank" as the default for my explorer.Thanks for your help!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 2:43:04 PM, on 11/18/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISSERV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\IAMAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\ATRACK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\DIRECTCD\DIRECTCD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\TOUCH MANAGER\TOUCHMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LEXMARKX73\ACMONITOR_X73.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LEXMARKX73\ACBTNMGR_X73.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PRINTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVAPW32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\TOUCH MANAGER\MEDIACTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CREATIVE\SHARED FILES\CAMTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\P2P NETWORKING\P2P NETWORKING.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SEARCHUPGRADER\SEARCHUPGRADER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\EASY CD CREATOR 4\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTMPN.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEBSHOTS\WEBSHOTSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\ONSCREEN DISPLAY\OSD.EXE
C:\PALM\HOTSYNC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETROPA\TOUCH MANAGER\MMUSBKB2.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by telus.netŪ
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYWAY\MYBAR\2.BIN\MYBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7EE8C361-3118-11D9-A089-005075ECFB80} - C:\WINDOWS\QSYSMSG.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: brdg Class - {9C691A33-7DDA-4C2F-BE4C-C176083F35CF} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BRIDGE.DLL
O2 - BHO: MultiMPPObj Class - {002EB272-2590-4693-B166-FBD5D9B6FEA6} - C:\WINDOWS\MULTIMPP.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,[email protected],&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: My &Search Bar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\MYWAY\MYBAR\2.BIN\MYBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-blank-home-page-trouble.298436/
Relevancy 42.57%

ok i use this format. This has worked for me fine in the past- don't know whats wrong, but it keeps saying "access is denied" when i do this.

I go to my computer, Map network drive.

\\othercomputername\c$

It connects properly to the computer, and prompts for username and password, but nevers works even when usiong admin accounts. Both the computer I am connecting with and the account I am using to connect to the othercomputer are admin accounts.

I

Both computers have simple file sharing turned off, both have windows xp professional. Both have workstation and service services running. I tried 3 different user accounts but still says access is denied. It even said this when I tried connecting as the default "Administrator" account.

Don't know what's worng, please help.!

A:trouble with networking home computers using c$

I'd disable any firewalls on both computers then try again.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-networking-home-computers-using-c.528343/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all I am trying to set up a home network I have a lenovo r laptop connected wirelessly running vista business and a desktop running xp sp connected to the router by wire internet works fine on both and I can ping back and forth by IP address but not by computer name The vista machine is configured to be in a private network all folders i want to share are set to share firewall is off and ntfs permissions are on shared drive set to read exec for everyone The xp machine i ran through the wizard for setting up a home network connection Trouble network home I turned off the firewall as well just to see if Trouble connection home network that was the issue All drives Trouble connection home network are set to share The one thing i noticed was when i went to set the C drive to share on the vista machine the share button is greyed out but i set to share in advanced options Any help greatly appreciated giving myself a headache here nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all Hopefully someone out there is a little more savvy with home networking and can point me in the right direction networking home wireless trouble I recently bought a wireless router to use at home I only own laptops a PS and a Wii I hooked my wireless router up to the broadband modem cable and home wireless networking trouble then setup my WEP keys I can access the wireless router fine however I cant get connected to home wireless networking trouble anything except the wireless router Even then if I make changes to the wireless router config I need to reboot my laptop because it wont reconnect to the router It sounds strange but I cant ping anything except and traceroute attempts never make it past my router My suspicion is that I may need to login to my broadband modem and make some changes to the settings Does anyone recognize this issue Also to compound the problem I am in Japan using Japanese hardware but cant really read the interface so fidgeting with settings isnt going over so well Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I use a laptop and can no longer connect to my home wifi. I can connect to other people's wifi and other people can connect to mine but i have been unable to. I have turned off then on my wifi button thing and restarted my computer but have been unable to connect to my internet. I have also tried to ipconfig/renew and stuff but it says something about being unable to do that due the some media thing being turned off. I don't know what to do and I need to be able to access my wifi for class.

A:Trouble connecting to home wifi

Try power cycling your modem, and router. if the modem and router are a all in one unit, unplug the power cord from it, wait about one minute then plug power back in, wait for the lights to stabilize, then try to connect.

If your Modem / Router are separate, then remove power from both, power up the modem, wait for lights to stabilize, then power up the router, and wait for the lights to stabilize. If this doesn't work, then follow these instructions, and post the results - Pre-posting Requirements - for both Wired and Wireless Connectivity Issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/trouble-connecting-to-home-wifi-925650.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there I am in a bit of a pickle I use Windows for graphic D and a lot of the software these days require the call trouble calling having home Apps home type arrangement I went to upgrade a product from their download manager and received this x the sChannel Apps having trouble calling home issue I was halfway thru dealing with the company involved when I recieved a email from Photoshop and even though my subscription is always paid if they can't do their thing to and fro they cut the Apps having trouble calling home software off in days This obviously caught my attention so I opened Apps having trouble calling home the CC installer app and get the try again check your internet connection Oh I am connected my OneDrive with the internet connection message is the same I opened another program I know uses same approach and I get x F D which appears to be pretty much the same as it tries to connect Now given that there are different messages yet on the surface all want the same result my PC is starting to sound like my mother so I thought I better come here and ask the experts Here is the curve ball I have quite a bit of software that use the process and things would be a lot plainer if all gave me the problem but this does not appear to be the case however just a hunch some might be on a timed system and the authentication might not be due The image is a screenshot of the software I first had issue with and the most descriptive Any advice would be much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54929-apps-having-trouble-calling-home.html
Relevancy 42.57%

One Desktop PC running XP Pro with two hard drives
XP Pro installed on HDD 0

XP Home files on HDD 1*

*On the XP Home setup there were 3 user profiles. All password protected.
How do I access the old files that were created using XP Home ?

eg. if i click on USER1 profile Docs and Settings -> I get access denied error ?

A:Using XP Pro trouble Accessing XP Home Files

How to take ownership: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-xp-pro-trouble-accessing-xp-home-files.505168/
Relevancy 42.57%

i am currently on a laptop running win 7 asking help for my win xp home pc, i reformatted hard drive only to find out there is no support for updates on xp anymore and alot of things doesnt work without them, my question is there any fix to this? thank you

A:Solved: update trouble for win xp home

Updates for Win Xp - continue until 2014.
Have you gone to the Windows update site - and tried to update?

What is not working on the Pc?
Have you activated the the Windows Installation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-update-trouble-for-win-xp-home.1021892/
Relevancy 42.57%

Let me start by saying that I legally purchased Windows XP Genuine Home Edition version back when Win XP was first released Over the years I have made quite a number of changes XP Activation Windows Home trouble to my computer upgrading parts replacing defective parts etc Now it seems I ve made enough changes that Microsoft has decided that Windows XP Home Activation trouble my copy is no longer legal Because I consider that I should Windows XP Home Activation trouble be allowed to change upgrade parts to my personal computer as much as I want without Microsoft s seal of approval Windows XP Home Activation trouble I haven t bought another copy of Win XP and refused to consider changing to Vista because I don t like it I had just decided to bite the bullet and get a copy of Windows but before I could do so things went to hell in a handbasket I was working on my computer this past weekend when all of the sudden I got several error messages One was low virtual memory followed by two related to svchost and I didn t get a chance to read what the other message said cause in the middle of my screen popped up a large box with Internet Security I immediately hit ctrl-alt-del but was denied access At that point I noticed that this thing had apparently installed itself because I could see it on my start menu I also couldn t shut my system down through the normal process and had to shut it down the hard way I disconnected the cable to kill my internet connection as well Now before anyone accuses me of posting off topic and not reading the rules please bear with me I m not asking for virus help here I do however want to explain how I came to where I am now When I rebooted my computer it would not let me into Safe Mode nor would it let me go to Last Known Good Configuration It would let me log in then immediately take over my desktop no icons no start menu no use of programs or commands etc Basically I couldn t do anything Fortunately or unfortunately not sure which just yet I had already hooked up a secondary drive of my husband s as a slave on mine in order to move my important stuff but hadn t had a chance to save anything in preparation for wiping the drive and installing Windows so I was able to boot to it and run virus software I tried Charter Security first then ran Avira Avira found several things and quarantined them Afterward I tried to reboot to the other drive and when it got to my sign on screen it no longer gave me access My husband suggested that perhaps something it quarantined was needed to sign in I looked and noticed that one of the things in quarantine was winlogon My dh suggested that I restore the items that it quarantined then boot back to my main drive and use my memory stick to put whatever programs I might need to create logs like Hijack This and post them here using this drive But when I tried to restore any item that was originally under my screen name as opposed to Administrator or All Users could not be restored I also found that I could not access anything on the problem drive that was under my screen name through Windows Explorer My dh tried creating a boot disk but we couldn t get one to work Then he tried doing a windows repair which we think has restored the ability to log into my problem drive but I can t test that theory cause it wants me to activate and I can t since Windows doesn t recognize me copy as legit any more If I didn t have so much stuff that I need to save off the infected drive I d just forget the hassle and wipe the drive but I d really like to be able to salvage my important stuff Yes I KNOW I m an idiot for not having backed my stuff up before this I ve been kicking myself since this whole thing started What I am asking here is this is there a way for me to be able to access the drive If I can just get in there then I can post in the virus section for help in removing the virus which will allow me to salvage my stuff back it up wipe the drive then go buy Windows so I can be recognized as... Read more

A:Windows XP Home Activation trouble

You could try this:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...ndows-computer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288543/windows-xp-home-activation-trouble/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just recently had a trojan virus removed from the computer and now when ever I use microsoft office it takes forever for it to load and then I get an error everytime I shut it down. I have no clue what it is doing. Plus I get the message end program program not responding when I log off of other programs!

A:Trouble With Office Home 2007

Hello rmns5, So that our members may help you better and quicker,please give some further information.What Operating System is this (XP,Vista etc)What was the removed malware's nameHow or what did you use to remove it.What is that message... I get an error everytime I shut it down

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112636/trouble-with-office-home-2007/
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and am having trouble connecting to my home network.

I have a Motorola Wireless Cable Modem Gateway SBG900.

1. My iPhone can connect to the network just fine.
2. I tried reentering the password in Windows, but that did not work.
3. I also tried restarting the router for 10 seconds, but that did not work.
4. I can connect to the wireless network at work without any trouble.
5. I connect to the modem via ethernet and the internet worked fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:Trouble with home wireless network

If other devices can connect then it is more than likely the wireless security settings on your failing device.

Bottom right hand side of the screen near the time and date right click the wireless symbol and open up the network and sharing centre.

Choose manage wireless networks located top left of page this takes you to your security profile for your wireless card. Right click and goto properties and then chose the security tab.

Check your security type, encryption method and password matches the details on your router.

If in doubt best to delete the current network profile from the problematic machine and manually create one to be doubly sure nothing is corrupted.

Hope this helps

Andy

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19439-trouble-home-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Frustration level is network Solved: trouble Home way too high I have two XP Pro machines Solved: Home network trouble and a Vista laptop none will see any of the others All will Solved: Home network trouble ping the assigned IP address of the other two but none will ping the name each have the Solved: Home network trouble same Ping request cannot find the host I have search a great of forums still have not found the right switch Here is typical ipconfig all of my primary machine both of the others are almost identical Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Charles R Berg gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DADSDELLOPTI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List myhome westell com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - - - -DC-C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff fe dcc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Friday July AM Lease Expires Saturday July AM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - F Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Charles R Berg gt nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Trying to setup home network with same machines but with of the home W7 & Having XP network setup trouble with desktops recently upgraded to Win Pro Here's the breakdown Desktops running new W Pro systems - hardwired Desktop running XP Pro SP - hardwired laptops running XP Home Ed SP Wireless Attached is a shot of what the main desktop Home Desktop W Pro finds in Networks allnetworks jpg Home Desktop finds all but one laptop RoadWorrior but will not connect to Lower Office I get the attached error window network jpg No issues connecting to MaryAnn-PC Win Pro SP and or Maryannslaptop XP HE SP However from Lower Office XP Pro desktop I can connect and move files back and Having trouble with W7 & XP home network setup forth from Home Desktop but can not connect from Home Desktop to Having trouble with W7 & XP home network setup Lower office as network jpg indicates The laptop RoadWarrior will not connect or be found either but want to concentrate on above desktop issue first NOTE I have not done anything with W quot HomeGroup quot at this point Appears to me to be only for W machines Here's ipcongif all on problem machines Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Tim gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name LOWER OFFICE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ether net Physical Address - - - -CA-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday March AM Lease Expires Thursday March AM C Documents and Settings Tim gt Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Tim gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Home Desktop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -E -BA- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c e e d e ecf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday March AM Lease Expires Thursday March AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EC- - - -E -BA- - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E B A- A - D -A D-A FB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ca f f fffb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ca f f fffb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users Tim gt Thanks

A:Having trouble with W7 & XP home network setup

Quote: Originally Posted by trinaz

Trying to setup home network with same machines but with 2 of the desktops recently upgraded to Win7 Pro. Here's the breakdown:

2 Desktops running new W7 Pro systems - (hardwired)
1 Desktop running XP Pro SP3 - (hardwired)
2 laptops running XP Home Ed SP3 (Wireless)

Attached is a shot of what the main desktop (Home_Desktop W7 Pro) finds in Networks (allnetworks.jpg):

Home_Desktop finds all but one laptop (RoadWorrior) but... will not connect to Lower_Office...I get the attached error window (network.jpg)

No issues connecting to MaryAnn-PC (Win 7 Pro SP3) and/or Maryannslaptop (XP HE SP3)

However...from Lower_Office XP Pro desktop...I can connect and move files back and forth from Home_Desktop...?...but can not connect from Home_Desktop to Lower_office as network.jpg indicates ?

The laptop (RoadWarrior) will not connect or be found either..but want to concentrate on above desktop issue first.

Here's ipcongif /all on problem machines:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : LOWER_OFFICE
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ether
net
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-15-58-69-CA-D9
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:51:36 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:47:45 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim>

********************************************************************************************

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Tim>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Home_Desktop
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 90-E6-BA-54-94-87
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b55c:4e1e:d47e:ecf5%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.4(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:59:49 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:59:48 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 244377274
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-EC-16-29-90-E6-BA-54-94-87
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Tunnel adapter isatap.{78E58B9A-43A9-47D9-A48D-A5FB5F486411}:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69990-having-trouble-w7-xp-home-network-setup.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a HP w Home page trouble Solved: and I did a destructive recovery as my hard drive was full of junk from the last few years and everything seems to be fine except that I can t set my homepage in Internet Explorer It keeps going back to Solved: Home page trouble a HP AOL homepage no matter what I do I down loaded Firefox as that is my primary browser but I want to clear this other up if I can I am posting a Hijack This file to see if someone can tell me anything I believe some of the entries about hpwis com is the culprit but I don t have enough experience to be sure Any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files hp center Shadow ShadowBar exe C Program Files Solved: Home page trouble hp center Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D Solved: Home page trouble -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Freedom BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom FreeBHOR dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Zero-Knowledge Freedom - FA B -F - - C - E ED - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom BandObjs dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run DDCM quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC DDCManager DDCMan exe quot -Background O - HKLM Run DDCActiveMenu quot C Program Files WildTangent DDC ActiveMenu DDCActiveMenu exe quot -boot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run Zero Knowledge Freedom C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom AutoStarterR exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jus... Read more

A:Solved: Home page trouble

Rescan with HijackThis, close all browser windows except HijackThis, put a check mark beside these entries and click fix checked.
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us4.hpwis.com/

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us4.hpwis.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://srch-us4.hpwis.com/

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://us4.hpwis.com/
Reboot and reset your home page.
Also, please read this on MarketBrowser and then decide if you want to keep it:

http://www.castlecops.com/o9list-62.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-page-trouble.522701/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Desktop running Windows Home Premium -bit amp a laptop running Windows Home Premium -bit I have them networked Network & Trouble Home Homegroup via a Belkin N Wireless router Both can access the internet without any problems both wired amp wireless for the laptop However neither computer can see each other on the network When I look at the full network map they can see each other but in the network window there is only the computer I am using at the time This is also causing problems with the Homegroup as every time I create one on the Desktop I am unable to join it on the laptop as there are no other computers on the network I quot think quot I know why this is The network that Home Network & Homegroup Trouble the desktop is connected to is called 'Network ' However the network the Laptop is connected to is called 'DB Network ' DB Network is the name of my wireless network I recently got the Belkin Router after the D-Link one I was using had network ports fail however I could access a Homegroup wirelessly using the D-Link I have a wired network printer that both computers can see amp use with no problems at all I have run the Homegroup troubleshooter on both computers amp googled everything I can think of to sort it out but nothing has worked Is the solution as simple as renaming the network connections so there is only network name If so how can I do that

A:Home Network & Homegroup Trouble

This Microsoft tutorial may be of some help: HomeGroup from start to finish - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201986-home-network-homegroup-trouble.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I lost a file and used file search to locate it. When I copied the file from the search results and pasted it on my desktop to use it, I was denied permission to open, rename, move or delete it. I'd like to clean it up...Any ideas?

A:File Trouble/Win XPsp2 Home

What directory did you find the file in? What kind of file is it?

Could you be a little more detailed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/file-trouble-win-xpsp2-home-55945.html
Relevancy 42.57%

my laptop runs on windows xp home compaq presario m2000
amd mobile sempron

a blue screen reads

0x0000004 0x00190203 0x82b9a260 0xc0000102 0x00000000
help please

A:Trouble with windows xp home edition

go to Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Computer Management -> Event Viewer
you will find Application, Security, System. Dbl-Click on System

scroll to find Red-X Error and Yellow Warnings
On the right are Up, Down arrows and a Copy Button; click copy and then PASTE
into your follow-up here.

Give preference to info re Errors and paste 2-3 of them :0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-xp-home-edition.104139/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

Just purchased a new laptop with Media Edition. I am trying to network it with my desktop, running XP Pro, using a linksys VoIP router that is being fed by my cable modem. I have run the network wizard over and over again but I can not see the other PC on either of them. I did enter the web based setup for linksys and it does see both PC's there. It is also set up to find the IP automatically. I have done a whack of reading and research today and all things tell me I've done everything correctly. Also, device manager indicates both ethernet devices are working properly. Is this just something simple I'm missing here. Would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and just had a question on setting up my home network. I tried using the set up a network wizard but I keep getting an error message that network setup could not be completed. I have a linksys router so both computers are able to connect to the internet the only thing I am having trouble with is setting up a network so I can share files between computers.

Thanks,
Vicki

Oh, my OS is XP

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, I just installed windows 7 ultimate with the custom option but have lost all my documents, files and programms from home premium and I liked home premium better. Is there a way of getting back to home premium and retrieving my files

A:Back to home premium and retrieving my files??

Hello Paul,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

If you didn't format the partition that you installed to, you should have a folder called Window.old. This contains all the files from your previous install.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59145-back-home-premium-retrieving-my-files.html
Relevancy 42.57%

My parents are having trouble with their computer wherein while they are web browsing or composing an email their browser Internet Explorer will go back to their homepage I ve remotely gotten into their computer using Teamviewer software and ran an Avira Scan and a Malwarebyte Antimalware scan Those two scans produced PUP MyWebSearch and also Trojan FakeAlert ASCGen I deleted those and ran new scans and they didn t find anything again although this problem is still happening Does anyone have any ideas Here are the requested scan logs oops except I see I forgot to save the quot attach quot file from DDS I can get it and add it to the post soon Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cmlink exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cshtdwn exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM cmlink exe C Program Files Common Files spontaneously IE returns page to home back Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Brownie BrstsWnd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe IE spontaneously returns back to home page C Documents and Settings Klodzen Family Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Brownie brpjp a exe C Program Files Brownie brpjp a exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files VIA RAID vialogsv exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Documents and Settings Klodzen Family Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Klodzen Family Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Klodzen Family Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Klodzen Family My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www centurylink net index php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar WeatherBlink - f de e - a e- c - f- cf ce - C Program Files WeatherBlink bar bin gcbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run c pd C WINDOWS SYSTEM cmlink exe RunServices Device cpipe- c pd O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run BrStsWnd C Program Files Brownie BrstsWnd exe Autorun O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adob... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

I had windows home prenium and I upgraded it to windows vista Ultimate. I got it from
[link deleted by mod].
I did this because i wanted a fresh start and my hard drive was filling up. When i upgraded it, and windows alerted me that it wasnt geniune. I did not do enough researching. I still have my windows prenium old files and does anyone know how to restore it back to windows prenium. Please no negative comments and help would be very much appreciated.

A:How to switch back to Vista Home Prenium

Welcome to TSG!

You can't downgrade, you'll need to do a clean install. Probably a good idea anyways, there may be more surprises in the Ultimate version you installed than just not being Genuine.

If this is a Major Brand system, you may have a Recovery Partition that will restore the PC to the way it was when it left the factory. This usually deletes all files, same as a clean install, though some have an option to save your documents.
You'll need to check the User Manual to see how to access it. CTRL+F11 for Dells, F10 for HP I believe.

Otherwise just boot with the Vista Home Premium DVD. Be sure you select the Custom install option (should be the only one you can choose).

You'll get to a screen to select the partition to install on. Select the correct partition (if you have more than one) then click Drive Options (Advanced) and delete the partition. You can then create a new partition then install.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-switch-back-to-vista-home-prenium.829529/
Relevancy 42.57%

Had my Lotus Notes default Home Page removed by company MIS by mistake. Now I cannot get it back. Tried LN Help, but that was not helpful as they assume it is just hidden.
When on the LN Home page, on the top border is a link "Click here for home page options". But mine has been disabled/removed and now I do not have that link on my home page. I would like it back as it is very useful to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Lotus Notes - get Home Page back

I think you'll need to take it to company MIS. If they've set up a Group Policy restriction for changing the homepage, there's nothing we can do about it on this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lotus-notes-get-home-page-back.1036713/
Relevancy 42.57%

My OS is Windows XP. My browser is Mozilla Firefox. I went into Firefox options and set my home page to I Google. Now you would think that the home page should stay the one you want. but mine does not. When i log out of Firefox and then log back in a home page called Fastp2psearch.com becomes my home page. I've tried several ways to get rid of it for good to no avail. Does anyone know how to remove this for good?

A:Unwanted home page keeps coming back

Hi satisfier. Welcome to TSF!

Any chance you use Limewire, Napster, or other P2P software? Sounds like you have a browser hijacker.

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unwanted-home-page-keeps-coming-back-571322.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So my friends were messing around on my new laptop, (it doesnt have recovery disks) and they upgraded me to a counterfeit Ultimate. How do I go back to Home Premium?

A:How to go back to Home Premium 64-bit from counterfeit Ultimate 64-bit

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell - Home

Once we see that, we can make some informed opinions ans to your best options.

The default option is to use the manufacturer's Recovery system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/225001-how-go-back-home-premium-64-bit-counterfeit-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I can still use the internet on my laptop by using the router i can use internet on it so i cant connect to my modem wired but wireless only. My xbox can still connect to the internet wired.

A:Accidently deleted my home network and want it back!!!

I doubt you can do much but if you type "Recent" into the search menu (bottom of Start Menu) you will see the most recent documents done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accidently-deleted-my-home-network-and-want-it-back-669355.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When I go to any site & click the home button, it shows an error message & I must exit MSN & log back in everytime. Does MSN need Quicktime to run? (it was recently deleted & immediately this started). Also, is it better to go to Firefox than to stay with IE? Thanks! NEVER MIND! IT CRASHED! THANKS ANYWAY.Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295635/cant-go-back-to-msn-home-pagefirefox-advice/
Relevancy 42.57%

I performed an Anytime Upgrade to Professional from Home Premium because I wanted to use XP Mode. But the XP Mode, which was the only reason I wanted the Upgrade, won't work on my computer as it doesn't support virtualization.

Am I stuck with having to activate Professional or can I revert back to Home Premium?

My Home Premium is a full retail version which I had activated prior to the Anytime Upgrade to Professional.

A:Revert back to Home Premium from Professional

Hello Hopsteiner, welcome to Seven Forums!

If you entered the 'upgrade' key when you ran the upgrade to Pro I believe that nullifies the previous key making it no longer possible to use to activate Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/137164-revert-back-home-premium-professional.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When trying to backup the entire registry, the following dialog box comes up stating;
" Cannot export E\Registry backup files.reg. Error writing the files. There may be a disk or
file system error." OS XP Home SP3. Need a little bit of guidance.

Thanks,

Billjh

Relevancy 42.57%

i can reset my home page to the default, however everytime i shut down the computer and restart it it, the homepage resets itself to aboutblank.com. I'm not very computer friendly, but any help would be appreciated. I am using winows 2000.

A:my home page keeps ressetting back to aboutblank.com

Hi,
With your browser open go to tools , internet options. In the address bar type whatever home page you want , then go to bottom and click "apply" ok and exit .. This should sort out the home page. If it does reset to blank post back and I will try another solution .

D.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-home-page-keeps-ressetting-back-to-aboutblank-com-21093.html
Relevancy 42.57%

A few weeks ago I started noticing that when I was clicking forward...let's say from a Google search, I would hear clicking going on behind the scenes without touching the mouse. It's been getting progressivley worse to the point where my computer will now just automatically bring me back to the home page and won't stay on any pages that I try to forward into for more than a second or two. Even when I'm in Outlook...it will jump from Inbox...to Outbox...to Junk E-Mail on it's own. At the same time this all started to happen, it seems like there is something running too long in the background...as I can't switch from one program to another without pressing CTL, ALT, DEL to unjam everything. I ran defrag, Adaware, and antivirus scans...but nothing helped.
Can anyone make any suggestions? Thanks...

A:My Computer Automatically goes back to home page

Hello & welcome to TSF

do this

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )
this also applies to (sp3 )

http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-sli...to-windows-xp/

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps as long as sp3 is not installed

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot
--------------
also
--------------
now this is the process

a (sfc) is a windows scanner that is directed at the core system files & dll's

it scans only these files & dll's to see if they have been corrupted or replaced by (maleware/spyware/trojans/ viruses/ ect..that are designed to mask themselves as part of the operating system and cause havic or send information/data to it maker /originator

now i do know that during this process that these 2 patches/hotfix's will be knocked out

KB902400 & KB914440

to wich can be easily reinstalled by downloading them from the download center at microsoft / since microsoft is always creating patches & fix's for the software to solve issues they placemant & page that they are on will change / when downloading them you can save them for fucture use and reinstalling / just make a file and put them into it / one will ask to have the system rebooted ( yes ) the other simply is installed

i use (Belarc Advisor)to wich will show you all your installed patchs & fix's and if they are intack & will give you a direct link to microsft to either give you info on the patch/fix or a link to reinstall the patch/fix

you can download it here

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html

now with the removal of infections i find it to be best to do a (sfc) for from the process of removal some files/ dlls can be damage and need to be replaced

now also when you remove infections it can also cause added programs to act weirdly or to stop fuctioning all together to wich they may need to be repaired or reinstalled
----------

then do this

what you need to do is follow this link

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

for this to work properly you must follow all instructions

if you can not compleat a ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-automatically-goes-back-to-home-page-334302.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello forum,
I recently had a Hard Drive replacement and,of course, a full clean install to factory level.
Prior to this I completed a FULL files back-up to a Maxtor external Hard Drive (250gb).
To my horror a transfer of these files back to the computer fails with the message "back up location is not available" appearing. When I did this back-up it stated that it had completed successfully.
Is there any advice out there about how to resolve this matter. Otherwise I may be faced with expensive data retrieval procedure from either the extracted Hard Drive
or the External Maxtor (if possible). I always thought Back up was foolproof but this is yet another nightmare with the numerous problems I have had with this wretched HP Laptop.

A:Back up on Windows Vista Home Premium

Is the back up device recognized.
Left
Click on my computer to see what is recognized

If recognized use the back up drive as little as possbile and then download and try recuva, to see if the documents can be found

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285823-back-up-windows-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I faked my Windows XP Home Edition to Professional by (removed by Cookiegal), and I HATE IT, I want change back it to Home, but it's BLOCKED!! I get an error message, that it is illegal to change the license (???????????????) PLS HELP! I'm like an EMO now! HELP!!!!!!! I've to MANY DATA, to backup! In other words, I don't have enough space to backup my data!

A:How I can change back faked WinXP Pro to Home?

Shouldn't have hacked windows. About all you can do now is to reinstall your LEGITIMATE copy of windows. Back up what data you wish to keep and reformat, bearing in mind that you will need to re-validate your install with MS.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-i-can-change-back-faked-winxp-pro-to-home.984860/
Relevancy 42.57%

My xp Event home turn will back on not log Solved: diskeeper would not open and advised me to look at the event viewer to see the event Solved: Event log will not turn back on xp home viewer the Eventlog has to be started when I looked the EL was stopped so I went back to the desktop then start control panel administraitive tool services eventlog properties ckicked start and got Error No event log file could be opened so the event logging did not start I can t get it to turn on have been googling this error for a week with no luck found posts for win xp-pro Even my system restore will not work it must depend on the EL service I emailed Diskeeper and he told me that he has heard of this problem before and that EL has to be turned on but offered nothing on how to do it The error for the Event Viewer unable to complete operation on quot System quot The interface is unknown This error comes up when I try to open anything under the event viewer tree Diskeeper error Diskeeper failed to connect to the service The service may have stopped See the event log for more details I did a reinstall of Diskeeper get the same error Seems a lot of programs need event log on to run I checked all the things I could find on the forums I am running out of options I have googled everything I could think of to try and get EL started Gary XP home sp nbsp

A:Solved: Event log will not turn back on xp home

If the logs are themselves corrupt, you can replace them with with copies in C:\Windows\Repair (System, Security, Software) and put them in C:\Windows\System32\Config.

Alternatively, if its the service at found run SFC /SCANNOW to repair system files with known good ones (You will need the XP CD handy).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-event-log-will-not-turn-back-on-xp-home.832123/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All,
As I format the computer and reinstall the window, I install with the wrong version with win 7 ultimate. At the beginning, it is fine and work with the same product key. One month later, the computer have a label in the screen about my window is not genuine.
I think the problem that I install the another version of win 7 ultimate instead of my win 7 home premium. I want to ask what should I do now? 
Thanks and Regards,
Byron

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce8bca95-e341-4562-8cd2-07781a894bc4/how-can-i-change-the-win-7-ultimate-back-to-win-7-home-premium?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 42.57%

I didn Home Question Back Up Vista Premium t know I wasn t supposed to back up files onto the D Recovery Drive when I first got the computer I later bought an external hard drive that I ve been using I continue to get the pop up about the drive being full every time I boot up the computer MB available of GB I would like to get rid of the files that shouldn t be on there and do it without screwing anything up From what I understand the system Vista Home Premium Back Up Question files boot recovery program etc are not copied when I back up just my docs pics etc This is what is in the D Recovery Drive Boot file folder MELINDA-PC file folder Recovery file ADRInfo xml xml file MediaID bin VLC media file bin I m assuming the MELINDA-PC file folder is what I put inadvertently put in there as this is the Vista Home Premium Back Up Question name I gave my computer I copied the entire D Recovery drive onto my external hard drive Would it be safe to remove that folder and any other that you know shouldn t be there I have the discs that came with my pc and they used to be organized neatly but over time they ve gotten mixed together with all the other laptops amp netbook discs so I m not exactly sure which ones I would need if the need ever came up so I REALLY don t want to mess up the recovery files stored on the D Recovery drive Thank you for taking the time to help me out I ve tried the Dell forum but every answer just says quot never back up to D and doesn t answer my questions nbsp

A:Vista Home Premium Back Up Question

What's the brand name and model name and model number of that computer?

I've tried the Dell forumClick to expand...

If it's a Dell brand, advise what the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it is.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-back-up-question.1128319/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello my daily work computer Home Trouble Premium Help Shooting Vista - an HP quot Special Edition quot laptop running on Windows Vista Home Premium has given me problems since the day I took it home from BestBuy about a year and a half ago I am not a computer guru by any means i just need this thing to work without absorbing all my free time trying to make it do so very frustrating to say the least I have become to HATE Vista as I NEVER have issues using my Mac at home and for my music With that said I haven't been able to download any of the Windows Updates When I try to stop Windows Update in the C Prompt window using quot net stop WuAuServ quot command it says it could not be stopped After reading some forums I Vista Home Premium - Trouble Shooting Help ran across one post that said to run HiJackThis and post the log so that is what I'm doing Can somebody tell me if I'm infected or something else Vista Home Premium - Trouble Shooting Help obviously wrong Just trying to troubleshoot and if I'm infected w something I guess I better fix that st and processed to try to get this thing fixed second Again I'm not very computer savvy so please bear with me Here is what my log says after running HiJackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Users Tim Desktop hijackthis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www goped com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot autoO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exeO - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeO - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitserviceO - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exeO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools'... Read more

A:Vista Home Premium - Trouble Shooting Help

Hi My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic. The topics you are tracking can be found here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply.Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just post back here so that we know you're still here.If you still require assistance post a new set of DDS Logs and a description of any remaining problems or symptoms you may still have please.If for any reason you did not post a DDS log please refer to this page and in step #6 there is instructions on downloading and running DDS. IF you have any problems just let me know in your next reply or simply post a Hijackthis log.Thanks again and we apologzie for the delay.With Regards,Extremeboy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233260/vista-home-premium-trouble-shooting-help/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am running Windows XP Home Edition I noticed a few weeks ago that my computer had slowed down to a crawl when loading new Windows Xp In Changing Page Trouble Home websites accessing email I installed SpeedUpMyPC and noticed a remarkable improvement immediately Trouble Changing Home Page In Windows Xp I noticed that my home page The Trouble Changing Home Page In Windows Xp Free Dictionary was an especially large file when SpeedUpMyPC was cleaning up files I am now having difficulty removing The Free Dictionary as my wife's home page subaccount I have tried changing the home page in Tools but TFD always returns I have also tried using the Control Panel with the same results I suspect that the Free Dictionary home page may have had something to do with my computer slowing down and now I want to remove it completely for fear that the problem will return Here is my HijackThis scan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Magical Defrag bin aDefragService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo Magical Defrag bin defragActivityMonitor exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files Trouble Changing Home Page In Windows Xp Ashampoo Ashampoo Magical Defrag bin defragTaskBar exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall cmdagent exeC Program Files Comodo Firewall CPF exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC Program Files Wire PortalMon exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files LocalCooling localcooling exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exeC Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo UnInstaller Platinum Suite UIWatcher exeC Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC SpeedUpMyPC exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exeC Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE YANHBJV HiJackThis v exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http dsl sbc yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet ... Read more

A:Trouble Changing Home Page In Windows Xp

Hi ajasso59,Our apologies for the delay. I'm a little unclear on what exactly is the problem you describe. Different people have different terms they use, so I'm wondoering what you mean by Home page? Most people mean by that the page one goes to when opening their browser, commonly Internet Explorer. But that is usually a website, not a file, and is a setting in the registry that HijackThis should see and be able to fix. But I don't see it in your log.That may be because you made the log using your own account. In order for HijackThis or any other enumerating tool to be able to help with these type entries, one must be logged in to the affected account. It may be that you are referring to your wife's desktop background/wallpaper, but that would be dependent on who is logged in as well. Please do the following while logged on to the affected account--unless your wife does not have an administrator's account, in which case run it on an account with admin privileges and we will do your wife's later:If you still need help, please post a new log so I can see if anything has changed. If you have not done so already, please do the initial cleanup steps in the following instructions before posting your new log: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogA new version of HijackThis has now been released, so before you repost your log please download and install the new version. We did not recommend using the Beta anyway. In order to get some additional information please do this in the following way:1. Open Add or Remove Programs via Control Panel and uninstall HijackThis.2. Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges and it is best to run DSS from your Desktop. 3. Close all applications and windows.4. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and OK the disclaimer.5. When the screen in the image below appears, click Yes and follow the promts to download the new version of HijackThis. Please tell your firewall to allow this download.Note that a shortcut to HijackThis will appear on your desktop and you can run it from there when asked for a follow up log.6. DSS will now scan your computer. If you get a warning from your anit-virus, please allow it as the scan is not harmful.7. When complete, two text files will open - main.txt that will include a HijackThis log<- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized8. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply. If you have any problems with the logs, both can be found in C:\Deckard\System Scanner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98177/trouble-changing-home-page-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 42.14%

My computer specs are AMD XP with an ARBIT motherboard gb master harddrive gb slave harddrive ram Watt power supply nVidia Geforce FX Asylum Windows XP Professional I've tried my best to make this machine work I've passed through many hurdles except this one I can get Nightmarish Computer a with Trouble Home-Built windows xp to boot It loads the desktop just fine But sometimes half-way through the use of a program or Nightmarish Trouble with a Home-Built Computer right at the beginning of it the program crashes It says that quot Insert program name has encountered a problem and must close quot This does not happen for only one program it occurs in all kinds of programs Like bitTorrent Internet Exploer Yahoo DSL WinAmp and etc Another problem is that there is a quot page fault in nonpaged area quot problem Which ends up closing quot Windows to prevent damage to your computer quot That occasionally shuts down my computer and is apparently caused by my win k sys file however fixing it is another matter I could use Any help out there This is an SOS

A:Nightmarish Trouble with a Home-Built Computer

Hi,

I just built my new machine. I'm using an
Intel D865PERL mobo
P4 2.4 800MHz chip
ATI Raedon 7000 video card (wanted to go cheap as possible)
Antec 350 watt supply
Windows XP

I hade a couple of those closing notices for certain programs but realized they were a result of something I was doing or a driver conflict. Indeed, the majority of program crashes are a result of some sort of driver or dll conflict

I suggest that you update all of your software and OS and hardware. This is important, especially if you just stepped up from Windows 98/ME.

Have you thought of wiping out your hD and reinstalling Windows/ it may help.

Aside from that, you could do a selective boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nightmarish-trouble-with-a-home-built-computer-8086.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I can't control my home page. Before you give me the easy solutions, let me tell you what I have already done: I've used the "Tools" menu on the IE toolbar to set the home page to the "current" page (once I'm viewing it), I've edited the registry by changing the ......Internet Explorer/Main/Start Page to the URL I want, and, I've re-installed IE6.

None of the above works. The start page for IE6 continues to be the Microsoft Windows Update Page. It could be worse I guess, but that's not the page I want.

Is there some registry entry I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. When the re-install didn't work, I gave up.

A:Solved: IE6 Home page trouble....re-visited

OK, no suggestions. I ran HJT and the log is shown below. Does it show anything wrong? I don't see anything that should cause the problem noted.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 5:27:13 PM, on 8/27/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mgabg.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2C1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PDesk\PDesk.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Calendarscope\cs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Professional\PopUpStopperProfessional.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\AboutTime\AboutTime.exe
C:\Program Files\FreeNote\FreeNote.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~2\bin\ImApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Iconoid\iconoid.exe
C:\Program Files\PictureShare\PSClient.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\My Downloads\hijackthis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn&q=
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IBBHO - {12BA043E-293E-4CE4-A8C7-8460934FE801} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: Web assistant - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\windows\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: IncrediBar - {D8073790-84C7-4602-BF77-C6ACBF1612E4} - C:\Program Files\IncrediBar\bin\IBToolBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Web assistant - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\windows\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCMSMMSG] BC... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ie6-home-page-trouble-re-visited.265412/
Relevancy 42.14%

hello guys, im new to the forums, nice to meet you all. but ive came across this problem that i dont know how to fix. before all this happen, my internet connection through another network starts up when i start up my laptop, but ever since i uninstalled a program my connection to the network disapeared. i tried doing "setup a home or small office network" to try and fix it like i usually do, but no icon appears in my tray or in my network connections. i tried asking my brother to help me fix it, he tried doing stuff on his computer, the one i connect from, but he says he doesnt know whats the problem. i need your help please

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Folks I am having trouble connecting to our wireless internet home network with to connecting network wireless Trouble home my new Toshiba Satellite laptop The network is a venerable Linksys WAP G access point not quite a full Trouble connecting to home wireless network router as it does not have a firewall and does not assign static addresses It allows a dynamic address It is very basic WEP security We have a Dell laptop with XP which operates off it just fine When I attempt to connect with Windows on the new Toshiba Satellite it will identify the connection as public and connect but activity Trouble connecting to home wireless network is limited It says it cannot establish an IP address However when I connect with the built-in Ethernet port and a cord it s fine Just the wireless part is giving problems I have read of one solution for this apparently not rare problem This is to go into the Device Manager find the wireless adapter open it and click on the Advanced tab This produces a list of properties Find the property called Network Address and put in the physical address of the wireless adapter found in IPconfig all However when I go this far I don t even have a property called Network Address so I can t do this Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks very much wayrnayn

A:Trouble connecting to home wireless network

Quote: Originally Posted by waynrayn

Hi Folks:
I am having trouble connecting to our wireless internet home network with my new Toshiba Satellite laptop.
The network is a venerable Linksys WAP54G access point, not quite a full router, as it does not have a firewall and does not assign static addresses. It allows a dynamic address. It is very basic WEP security. We have a Dell laptop with XP which operates off it just fine.
When I attempt to connect with Windows 7 on the new Toshiba Satellite, it will identify the connection as public and connect, but activity is limited. It says it cannot establish an IP address. However when I connect with the built-in Ethernet port and a cord, it?s fine. Just the wireless part is giving problems.
I have read of one solution for this apparently not rare problem. This is to go into the Device Manager, find the wireless adapter, open it and click on the Advanced tab. This produces a list of properties. Find the property called ?Network Address,? and put in the physical address of the wireless adapter found in IPconfig/all. However when I go this far, I don?t even have a property called Network Address, so I can?t do this.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks very much,
wayrnayn

Network address is actually locally administered mac address, and is there.

Are you running "homegroup"?

Have you tried connecting with encryption turned off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99837-trouble-connecting-home-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Yesterday I was attempting to clear off a friends hardrive of Windows XP Professional and reload it with Windows XP Home Edition which I have on disk because her computer seemed to have a virus but to my dismay everytime the download got to a certain point which was 98% into copying all the files the screen would say that it could not copy a particular file and give the option of skipping that file to continue. The problem is once I would prompt it to skip it and continue the download the whole download would start all over again instead......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Trouble Downloading Windows XP Home Edition

I could be wrong but I don't think microsoft will let you downgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-downloading-windows-xp-home-edition.886635/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm trying to update my I-Tunes on my PC running Windows XP Home SP3. Installation cannot complete and I get the following message:

Could not open key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Media. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I have no idea what that means, this is my home computer so there are no administrators or support personnel...why don't I have access to this key? How can I complete the installation? Help!

A:Trouble installing I-Tunes on Windows XP Home

did you go to the website? i would try doing it from http://www.apple.com/itunes/ Then click on download i tunes 8. let me know what happens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-installing-i-tunes-on-windows-xp-home-388865.html