Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update

Q: Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update

Recently got this error and re-installed Windows After downloading some of the updates not all at once or anything like that but I think a of them and installing the updates I restarted and the computer froze while updating windows I decided to go to work and leave it like that in case it was just taking longer or something like that but when I came home it was still at the same screen After restarting it I tried to restore it to a previous point before Update Windows Startup Drivers error 7 Offline after Windows No the updates but that didnt work and finally was forced into system repair which tried several times but never succeeded until finally it threw this error I googled the error and was brought here I downloaded and ran Farbar System Recovery Tool x and ran the scan and saved the log I've uploaded the log file instead of Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update copying it into the window and making it the post a mile long Please help me out on what to do next and whats going on with my laptop I've had to borrow my mom's to repair mine after relying on it when my desktop's mobo finally went out and I use my laptop for work and scheduling Mod Edit Removed FRST log attachment not allowed or Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update used in this forum seemingly not applicable to problem - Hamluis Thanks in advance for any help guys

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update

I don't understand why a mod removed my FRST log attachment when all the posts on this forum requested logs be posted to determine more about the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496089/windows-7-startup-offline-no-drivers-error-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello my computer has been working flawlessly for the past year and repair error windows 7 offline startup has had no problems at all working currently with windows Until two days ago when i was just browsing the internet and my computer froze and the whole screen tinted pink I tried moving the mouse typing in letters but it was frozen I was forced to windows 7 startup repair offline error power button to get the computer to shut off because i was unable to do anything Upon restarting my computer it asked me if i wanted to run windows normally or use safe mode so i run it normally and then on the load screen where you see the windows logo it freezes every time The computer stays frozen for about minutes and then it restarts itself and comes up with the Startup Repair program only to say that windows cannot repair this computer automatically Here is the windows 7 startup repair offline error problem details Problem event name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause OS Version Locale ID Its been this way for a windows 7 startup repair offline error couple of days now and im not sure what to do i have tried to run the system restore through the startup repair program and that hasnt worked im not quite sure how to get my computer running again but any help would be greatly appreciated as i am one who uses my computer quite a bit One last thing i forgot to leave in there is that it fails to get to the welcome screen it freezes before that point

A:windows 7 startup repair offline error

I'm guessing replace your hard drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-startup-repair-offline-error-591413.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello everyone I could really use some assistance with a PC problem I'm having Win bit pro if it matters into repair help! offline, mode 7 error safe get PLEASE startup Windows can't I think it is a malware Windows 7 error startup repair offline, can't get into safe mode PLEASE help! issue after several hours of trying Windows 7 error startup repair offline, can't get into safe mode PLEASE help! to diagnosis and solve the problem Friday I was using my computer as normal basic web use social media etc Saturday I attempted to turn on my pc and I got a black screen with a cursor but never got the blue welcome screen and the pc restarted I attempted startup repair several times and the error says startup repair offline I can't get into safe mode nothing I keep getting the black screen with the cursor and then it auto restarts itself I tried use restore points and then the rest of them got wiped out not sure why perhaps the malware After several frustrating hours of searching online Sat I turned to a friend who assisted me today for about hours He found an old thread on this forum for what seems to be a similar problem He took me through the steps Here is the thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-failed-to-start-system-repair-cant-discover-problem We followed JSntgRvr's instructions and in his nd response in the thread we got all the way to the step before this Boot in Normal Mode If able to do so please run Combofix as follows We couldn't get my desktop to boot in normal mode so could go no further Below I'll post the list of the report Before that I will say any assistance is GREATLY appreciated Also when responding please try to give instructions in the simplest of terms for me If you can't I'll bug my friend again for assistance Thank you in advance Here is the list of what was in the report that JsntgRv's requested for the user in the old thread Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-AM HCNF on - - Running from F Platform Windows Professional X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Launch LCore gt C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe - - Logitech Inc HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run mcui exe gt C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe - - McAfee Inc HKLM-x Run BCU gt C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe - - DeviceVM Inc HKLM-x Run Razer Naga Driver gt C Program Files x Razer Naga NagaTray exe - - Razer USA Ltd HKLM-x Run mcpltui exe gt C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McUICnt exe - - McAfee Inc HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run Razer Synapse gt C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe - - Razer Inc HKLM RunOnce Restore gt C Windows system rstrui exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Policies Explorer NoFolderOptions HKLM Policies Explorer NoControlPanel HKU Paul Run ISUSPM Startup gt C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe - - InstallShield Software Corporation HKU Paul Run Dropbox Update gt C Users Paul AppData Local Dropbox Update DropboxUpdate exe - - Dropbox Inc Startup C Users Paul AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Dropbox lnk - - ShortcutTarget Dropbox lnk - gt No File Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fix... Read more

A:Windows 7 error startup repair offline, can't get into safe mode PLEASE help!

Can you get into Windows at all?
Have you backed up your data?
You mentioned malware - why do you think the system is infected?

We can help here with some things, but if it's malware we're not equipped to deal with that here.
If infected, I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581950/windows-7-error-startup-repair-offline-cant-get-into-safe-mode-please-help/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello everyone I could really mode PLEASE Windows offline, safe into error can't repair get help! startup 7 use some assistance with a PC problem I'm having Win bit pro if it matters I think it is a malware Windows 7 error startup repair offline, can't get into safe mode PLEASE help! issue after several hours of trying to diagnosis and solve the problem Anyone's assistance would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you in advance for your time and consideration Now onto some specifics and then the problem details and things I've tried to remedy the issue I can't Windows 7 error startup repair offline, can't get into safe mode PLEASE help! get into windows at all no safe mode of any kind only command prompts pretty much Have I backed up my data not recently I would lose quite a bit of information I would like Windows 7 error startup repair offline, can't get into safe mode PLEASE help! to have I mentioned malware because after looking around online for hours it seemed most people having the same issue was caused from malware Details follow A few weeks ago on a Friday I was using my computer as normal basic web use social media etc nothing shady outside of a streaming website for game of thrones On Saturday I attempted to turn on my pc and I got a black screen with a cursor but never got the blue welcome screen and the pc restarted I attempted startup repair several times and the error says startup repair offline I can't get into safe mode nothing I keep getting the black screen with the cursor and then it auto restarts itself I tried use restore points and then the rest of them got wiped out not sure why perhaps the malware After several frustrating hours of searching online Sat I turned to a friend who assisted me today for about hours He found an old thread on this forum for what seems to be a similar problem He took me through the steps Here is the thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows-failed-to-start-system-repair-cant-discover-problem We followed JSntgRvr's instructions and in his nd response in the thread we got all the way to the step before this Boot in Normal Mode If able to do so please run Combofix as follows We couldn't get my desktop to boot in normal mode so could go no further Below I'll post the list of the report Before that I will say any assistance is GREATLY appreciated Also when responding please try to give instructions in the simplest of terms for me If you can't I'll bug my friend again for assistance Thank you in advance Here is the list of what was in the report that JsntgRv's requested for the user in the old thread Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-AM HCNF on - - Running from F Platform Windows Professional X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Launch LCore gt C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe - - Logitech Inc HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run mcui exe gt C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe - - McAfee Inc HKLM-x Run BCU gt C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe - - DeviceVM Inc HKLM-x Run Razer Naga Driver gt C Program Files x Razer Naga NagaTray exe - - Razer USA Ltd HKLM-x Run mcpltui exe gt C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McUICnt exe - - ... Read more

A:Windows 7 error startup repair offline, can't get into safe mode PLEASE help!

Hello Dirkdangler and welcome to BleepingComputer!             

My name is Sirawit and I'm here to help you.

Please note that I'm currently in training and my fixes need to be approved first, that may delay our fix a bit, but I will normally reply back in 24 hours.

If I don't reply after 3 days, feel free to PM me.              
==========================================================================Some points for you to keep in mind:
Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.
Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide detail in every post.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the  button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
If you do not reply to your topic after 3 days I will bump the topic, if you didn't reply in next 3 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end with some additional information on how to stay malware-free.
Lastly, I would like to remind you that most members here are volunteers, and sometimes "real life" can get in the way of our malware hunt. I will notify you if I know I will need to be away for longer than 48 hours.
==========================================================================

I have submitted by report to my instructor and will reply back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584183/windows-7-error-startup-repair-offline-cant-get-into-safe-mode-please-help/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

Lenovo V460 laptop running Windows 7 (64 bit) won't startup.
Several "Problem Signatures" =
Startup Repair offline
AutoFailover
Corrupt Acl

I ran FRST64.exe through WIndows Recovery mode and the log file is attached.

Thanks,
Cideraid

A:Cannot Startup Windows 7 - Startup repair offline

Hmm..don't see the attached file on the post...here's the logfile in case you can't download it:
Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 02-10-2013
Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-S5EOK7M on 13-10-2013 21:26:25
Running from G:\
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64) OS Language: English(US)
Internet Explorer Version 9
Boot Mode: Recovery

The current controlset is ControlSet001
ATTENTION!:=====> If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log.

==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================

HKLM\...\Run: [HotKeysCmds] - C:\windows\system32\hkcmd.exe [ ] ()
HKLM\...\Run: [RtHDVCpl] - C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe [11772520 2011-01-04] (Realtek Semiconductor)
HKLM\...\Run: [ETDCtrl] - C:\Program Files\Elantech\ETDCtrl.exe [2588968 2011-02-13] (ELAN Microelectronics Corp.)
HKLM\...\Run: [IntelWireless] - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\iFrmewrk.exe [1933584 2010-11-02] (Intel® Corporation)
HKLM\...\Run: [TpShocks] - C:\Windows\System32\TpShocks.exe [231328 2010-03-15] (Lenovo.)
HKLM\...\Run: [Energy Management] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\Energy Management.exe [9769888 2011-08-02] (Lenovo (Beijing) Limited)
HKLM\...\Run: [EnergyUtility] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\Utility.exe [5908928 2011-08-02] (Lenovo(beijing) Limited)
HKLM\...\Run: [Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Boot Optimizer\PopWnd.exe [114688 2011-08-02] (Lenovo)
HKLM\...\Run: [MSC] - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe [1281512 2013-01-27] (Microsoft Corporation)
Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui: C:\windows\system32\igfxdev.dll (Intel Corporation)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [EgisTecPMMUpdate] - C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec IPS\PmmUpdate.exe [407920 2010-11-05] (Egis Technology Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [EgisUpdate] - C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec IPS\EgisUpdate.exe [202096 2010-11-05] (Egis Technology Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [VitaKeyTSR] - C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec BioExcess\EgisTSR.exe [383344 2010-12-13] (Egis Technology Inc. )
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [PLTSR] - C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec Port Locker\EgisPLTSR.exe [364400 2010-10-22] (Egis Technology Inc. )
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe [155648 2003-10-14] (Scansoft, Inc.)
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe ARM] - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe [958576 2013-04-04] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)
HKU\UpdatusUser\...\Run: [FactoryTest] - C:\Windows\Test.bat
HKU\UpdatusUser\...\Run: [Power2GoExpress] - NA
AppInit_DLLs:     C:\windows\system32\nvinitx.dll [226920 2011-03-04] (NVIDIA Corporation)
AppInit_DLLs-x32:     C:\windows\SysWOW64\nvinit.dll [192616 2011-03-04] (NVIDIA Corporation)
Lsa: [Notification Packages] scecli EgisPwdFilter EgisDSPwdFilter EgisPLPwdFilter

==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================

S4 BRA_Scheduler; C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\BRAdmin Professional 3\bratimer.exe [65536 2010-09-15] ()
S4 btwdins; C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\btwdins.exe [956192 2011-02-15] (Broadcom Corporation.)
S4 dealplylive; C:\Program Files (x86)\DealPlyLive\Update\DealPlyLive.exe [148000 2013-07-02] (DealPly Technologies Ltd)
S4 dealplylivem; C:\Program Files (x86)\DealPlyLive\Update\DealPlyLive.exe [148000 2013-07-02] (DealPly Technologies Ltd)
S2 EgisTec Service Help; C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec Port Locker\Egishlpsvc.exe [327024 2010-10-22] (Egis Technology Inc. )
S4 IBUpdaterService; C:\Windows\system32\dmwu.exe [1447728 2013-05-27] ()
S3 McComponentHostService; C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee Security Scan\2.1.121\McCHSvc.exe [227232 2010-09-02] (McAfee, Inc.)
S2 MsMpSvc; c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\MsMpEng.exe [22056 2013-01-27] (Microsoft Corporation)
S3 MyWiFiDHCPDNS; C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\PanDhcp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510743/cannot-startup-windows-7-startup-repair-offline/
Relevancy 70.95%

Someone please help me My Dell Inspiron Laptop is having problems I had a bad Rootkit on it called Alureon I was recommended to use Windows Defender Offline using a CD After a couple of hours of scanning it removed two Alureon rootkits and other viruses So I thought I was good to go So I restarted my computer like it told me to and now It will NOT startup It will show the quot Starting Windows quot logo then stop flash the BSOD for a split second then restarts only to repeat the process When I do the startup repair it won t do anything I had it running for over an hour and it wouldn t do anything It WILL NOT boot any other way I cannot use any of the Safe modes It ll do the same Offline Defender startup after Windows Windows 7 Cannot using thing after it loads my files it BSOD for a split second and restarts However when I boot it up again using WDO it takes a couple of attempts but it ll start up Should I scan again Also I managed to go into diagnostics before startup and it says nothing is wrong with my computer HELP I have important documents on this computer Cannot startup Windows 7 after using Windows Defender Offline I CANNOT restore it to default PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS ANOTHER WAY EDIT I don t know if this is at all useful but I managed to shut off the automatic restart after failure And I actually got a glance at the BSOD It says under Technical Information STOP x B xFFFFF A E xFFFFFFFFC D x x And i still cannot access Safe Mode and it will not allow me to view the Technical Info for it s BSOD but im sure it s probably the same info

A:Cannot startup Windows 7 after using Windows Defender Offline

On my xp (hopefully your 7 is close enough) when the restart loop happened, it's because a setting in "startup & recovery" was set to "automatically restart" in the "system failure" section of the "startup & recovery" pane. How I get to it is: RIGHT click "my computer" → "properties" → in the "startup & recovery" section "settings" → UNCHECK "automatically restart" → "OK & APPLY" your way out. I hope this can help you at least get out of the restart loop even though it's xp stuff. good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458150/cannot-startup-windows-7-after-using-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi
Getting 800F0246 when using windows update (most of the updates are drivers)
Also getting error when trying to install any new hardware i.e. amazon kindle fire
Even if I install drivers manually through device manager I get "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device - one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time."

Have also tried running sfc /scannow - but get error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation." almost straight away

Any ideas please?
Machine is running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i5, 8gb RAM

A:Windows Update error 800F0246 and cannot install any drivers

You could try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497461/windows-update-error-800f0246-and-cannot-install-any-drivers/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi this is my first post and I am not even sure if anyone on this forum can help me I am having a major problem with my computer I have a Lenovo laptop an ideapad I am running on windows A few days ago I started up my computer and offline repair startup Windows it showed the windows sign as it usually does when starting up But it stayed Windows startup repair offline on that screen for ages so I clicked enter to see if it was responding and it wasn't it just stayed there for a while Then suddenly I was sent to the blue screen for a few seconds and then it told me my startup wasn't working It asked me to log in as an administrator so I did It then took me to the system recovery page I tried doing the system repair and all the other options I have saved my computer many times but when I tried to restore to a previous save point it said I didn't have any I think the part of the disk that had the save files was corrupted Anyways after having a disk check done for almost strait hours at still percent I went to problem details This came up Problem Signatures - - - unknown - - AutoFailover - - BadDisk OS version- Locale ID- i have read on other forums so in the command prompt I typed Bootrec exe but none of the four options worked for me FixMbr FixBoot ScanOs RebuildBcd I also did bcdedit export C BCD Backup c cd boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren c boot bcd bcd old bootrec RebuildBcd only one item was there and that was windows so I added it to the boot list I use my laptop for homework gaming projects and I also have important things saved on it so I need to fix it ASAP Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Windows startup repair offline

Will it boot with a USB stick [hopefully made earlier]?  I believe we have the options of creating rescue DVDs or USB sticks during Windows' better days.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568299/windows-startup-repair-offline/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I just upgraded from XP to win7 ultimate 32bit on a Dell XPS and transfered my files with PCmover. It as working smoothly when I loged off last night, when I tried to log on this morning the screen showed my startup repair. While it was searching for the problems, it said that "Startup Repair cannot repair the computer automatically. And ive looked at the problem details:

Problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200270
Problem Signature 05:AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 2
Problem Signature 07: BadPatch
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Anyone Please help me?

A:Windows 7 startup repair offline

See this thread: [SOLVED] Windows 7 startup repair offline

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-startup-repair-offline-624579.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey I know other people have posted this same issue before but I figured it was best to inquire about my specific problem My installation of Windows won't boot after upgrading AVG Free and so I tried Startup Repair but that keeps on failing I tried a System Restore but that didn't work either the restore was successful but upon boot I still couldn't get Windows Startup Repair Offline 7 into Windows So I pulled up Farbar and got the Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline following log I have no idea how to get the correct fixtlist txt I need I was wondering if someone here would know how to help Thanks a lot I really appreciate it Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from E Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM RunOnce Restore - C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run AVG UI - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task - C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Parallels Tools Center - C Program Files x Parallels Parallels Tools prl cc exe - - Parallels Holdings Ltd and its affiliates HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run BingDesktop - C Program Files x Microsoft BingDesktop BingDesktop exe - - Microsoft Corp HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run vProt - C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe - - HKU tyler Run Steam - C Program Files x Steam Steam exe - - Valve Corporation HKU tyler Run Dashlane - C Users tyler AppData Roaming Dashlane Dashlane exe - - HKU tyler Run DAEMON Tools Lite - C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe - - DT Soft Ltd HKU tyler Run Google Update - C Users tyler AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc Startup C Users tyler AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Launchy lnk ShortcutTarget Launchy lnk - gt C Program Files x Launchy Launchy exe Services Whitelisted S AppleOSSMgr C Windows system AppleOSSMgr exe - - S AVGIDSAgent C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S avgwd C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S BingDesktopUpdate C Program Files x Microsoft BingDesktop BingDesktopUpdater exe - - Microsoft Corp S NitroReaderDriverReadSpool C Program Files Common Files Nitro Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService x exe - - Nitro PDF Software S PinnacleUpdateSvc C Program Files x PowerUp Software Pinnacle Game Profiler pinnacle updater exe - - PowerUp Software LLC S vToolbarUpdater C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe - - AVG Secure Search Drivers Whitelisted S applebmt C Windows System DRIVERS applebmt sys - - Apple Inc S applemtm C Windows System DRIVERS applemtm sys - - Apple Inc S applemtp C Windows System DRIVERS applemtp sys - - Apple Inc S AVGIDSDriver C Windows System DRIVERS avgidsdrivera sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S AVGIDSHA C Windows System DRIVERS avgidsha sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S Avgldx C Windows System DRIVERS avgldx sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S Avgloga C Windows System DRIVERS avgloga sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S Avgmfx C Windows System DRIVERS avgmfx sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S Avgrkx C Windows System DRIVERS avgrkx sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S Avgtdia C Windows System DRIVERS avgtdia sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o S avgtp C Windows system drivers avgtpx sys - - AVG Technologies S cpudrv C Program Files x Syst... Read more

A:Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/502790 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502790/windows-7-startup-repair-offline/
Relevancy 69.66%

Unable to start my computer it just gets stuck at the loading screen I believe it has something to do with the windows latest update because it worked just fine up until it installed itself I ve tried the basics already the system recovery fails the booting from the windows disk fails I have already started the frst exe route and offline 7 repair Windows startup it still will not boot I have the logs from that and I will post them for you When Windows tries to resolve my issue this is what it says StartupRepairOffline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature Autofailover Problem signature Problem signature Baddriver OS Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from E Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run ATICustomerCare quot C Program Files ATI ATICustomerCare ATICustomerCare exe quot - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM Run lxddmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddmon exe quot - - HKLM Run lxddamon quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddamon exe quot - - HKLM Run PMBVolumeWatcher C Program Files Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot - - Apple Inc HKLM Run mcui exe quot C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe quot runkey - - McAfee Inc HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM Run AMD AVT Cmd exe c start quot AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization quot min quot C Program Files AMD AVT bin kdbsync exe quot aml - - HKLM Run EMET Notifier C Program Files EMET EMET notifier exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE x HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe x HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot - - Apple Windows 7 startup repair offline Inc HKU Lee Policies system LogonHoursAction HKU Lee Policies system Windows 7 startup repair offline DontDisplayLogonHoursWarnings HKU Randy Run TomTomHOME exe quot C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe quot -s - - TomTom HKU Randy Run Akamai NetSession Interface quot C Users Randy AppData Local Akamai netsession Windows 7 startup repair offline win exe quot - - Akamai Technologies Inc HKU Randy Run Google Update quot C Users Randy AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c - - Google Inc HKU Randy Run iCloudServices C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe - - Apple Inc HKU Randy Run ApplePhotoStreams C Program Files Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe - - Apple Inc HKU Randy Run Steam quot C Program Files Steam Steam exe quot -silent - - Valve Corporation HKU Randy Policies system LogonHoursAction HKU Randy Policies system DontDisplayLogonHoursWarnings Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Tcpip Interfaces FC -C C- E- D -FA A D F NameServer Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Bluetooth lnk ShortcutTarget Bluetooth lnk - gt C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe Broadcom Corporation Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk ShortcutTarget Logitech SetPoint lnk - gt C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe Logitech Inc Startup C Users Randy Start Menu Programs Startup Dell Dock lnk ShortcutTarget Dell Dock lnk - gt C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe Stardock Corporation Services Whitelisted SASCORE quot C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE quot - - SUPERAnti... Read more

A:Windows 7 startup repair offline

Hello Irish614,

Apologies for the delay.

Please let me know if you are still there and require assistance. In that case please update me on the current condition of the computer. Also download the latest FRST and post a fresh log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478646/windows-7-startup-repair-offline/
Relevancy 69.66%

Howdy,

as the title suggests Im having some issues that I hope you guys can help me with, last week Installed a regisrty cleaner to speed up my Dell xps, the registry cleaner did its thing, then restarted my laptop, since then my laptopn has been in constant repair mode. Its unable to fix whatever is wrong with my laptop system restore and image recovery wont lets me access them, ive done all the memory diagnostics, all seem okay, dell datasafe restore and emergency is rubbish.

problem signature looks like this

Problem event name: startuprepairoffline
Problem Signature01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature02: 6.1.7600.16385
03: unknown
04: 21215625
05: Autofailover
06: 50
07: 0xf4
OS version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

ive tried to reinstall using the recovery disk and its asking my to install drivers, I dont know where or what drivers im looking for.

Any help would be really appreciated

thanks

A:Startup repair offline Windows 7

Hi Pottsy, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Once again a good example why you should not use any registry cleaners. As you can read in several threads here and other tech sites, the general consensus seems to be that in knowing hands Piriform's CCleaner can be trusted but usually there's no reason to clean your registry. All other so called "cleaners" generally cause more issues than they resolve.

Speaking about myself as an example, I have not used (not a single time) any registry cleaners since I migrated from XP to Vista end of 2006 when it was released to manufacturers. Not with Vista, not with Seven and now not with Eight. Also I never "clean" the registry manually; the only registry editing I have done in the past over 7 years since XP days is an occasional value change in registry, for instance enabling something changing its value from 0 to 1. For this I use the built-in registry editor.

I have had exactly 0 registry issues during this time.

Can you start System Restore from the repair without Windows asking drivers? If so, select a restore point before you "cleaned" the registry. Tutorial: System Restore

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/326600-startup-repair-offline-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi eveyone, my PC was running smoothly on a day and later on that day(few hours later), it did not boot into windows. Second, The screen showed my startup repair. While it was searching for the problems, Last, it said that it "Startup Repair cannot repair the computer automatically. And ive looked at the problem details:

Problem Signature 04: 21200496
Problem Signature 06: 6
Problem Signature 07: 0x44
OS Version:6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID:1033

I then tried system image recovery, which did not solve the problem, As a last resort I tried system restore, which also did not solve the problem.

My guess would be either the Hard drive is corrupt, or Memory failure.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline

Hello welcome to TSF! Try these. Use another pc to burn the ISO images to a CD as shown. Load the CD's to your pc to run the tests.

Go to Memtest86+ download the ISO image then burn it to a blank cd using Imgburn (how to burn an ISO image to cd using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd and one RAM module at a time, boot with the cd and run at least 7 passes errors will be in RED

Repeat the process with each RAM Module at a time.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The maker of your HDD perform a extended or long test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-startup-repair-offline-643144.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all I have been trying to get my net to update It keeps failing I have tried everything from the window help and it still will not update I tried the offline update and download it an it also failed Here is the log for that failure OS Version SP Platform Service update update. through windows Issue and .net offline 4.5.2 instaling Pack OS Description Windows - x Home Premium Edition Service Pack MSI Windows version amd windowsfoundation bf ad e none fdfe a c manifest Windows servicing CommandLine D c fab be e a da f Setup exe x x redist TimeZone Central Daylight Time Initial LCID Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism Operation Installing Package Name Microsoft NET Framework Setup Package Version User Experience Data Collection Policy AlwaysUploaded Number of applicable items RmShutdown failed with error Exe D c fab be e a da f SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded ServiceControl operation succeeded Exe D c Issue instaling .net 4.5.2 through windows update and offline update. fab be e a da f SetupUtility exe succeeded Exe Log File dd SetupUtility txt MSI D c fab be e a da f netfx Full GDR x msi Installation failed Msi Log Microsoft NET Framework Setup -MSI netfx Full GDR x msi txt Final Result Installation failed with error code x quot Fatal error during installation quot Elapsed time Thanks for the help

A:Issue instaling .net 4.5.2 through windows update and offline update.

Completing this tutorial would make life easier for our expert.

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/376866-issue-instaling-net-4-5-2-through-windows-update-offline-update.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi eveyone, my Hp Laptop HDX X-1370 was running smoothly on a day and later on that day(few hours later), it did not work. First, the screen showed loading files(which i never seen before). Second, The screen showed my startup repair. While it was searching for the problems, Last, it said that it "Startup Repair cannot repair the computer automatically. And ive looked at the problem details:

Problem Signature 04: -1
Problem Signature 06: 28
Problem Signature 07: Corrupt Registry

It worked fine that day, but when i turned it off and tried it again in a few hours, it just suddenly wont take me to the welcome screen. When i restart this laptop. IT JUST KEEPS SHOWING THE SAME THING everyTIME.

Anyone Please help me. I'm a student so i need this working for school.

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 startup repair offline

In Startup Repair please select "System Restore" and restore the system back to a couple of days before the problems started. That will fix the issues with corruption of the registry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-startup-repair-offline-497639.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all,

I did clean install because my Asus UX32A keep going into Startup Repair mode but was unable to determine problem and find solution. I also had black screen at the logging screen. Prior clean install I've tried system restore, last good configuration etc did not work.

During the clean install, I had to update BIOS due to the windows7 installation unable to read driver despite numeruous attempts to solve this. I have UEFI BIOS and have follow this forum UEFI clean install guideline.

I still have the black screen problem after the clean install but prevx fix seems to fix this so far. However, my laptop start restarting into Startup Repair again and cant fix the problem.

Prob event name: StartupRepairOffline
Prob signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Prob signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Prob signature 03: unknown
Prob signature 04: 2
Prob signature 05: Auto failover
Prob signature 06: 1
Prob signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Appreciate help here.

A:Startup Repair Offline, No Root Cause Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by ymi7

Hi all,

I did clean install because my Asus UX32A keep going into Startup Repair mode but was unable to determine problem and find solution. I also had black screen at the logging screen. Prior clean install I've tried system restore, last good configuration etc did not work.

During the clean install, I had to update BIOS due to the windows7 installation unable to read driver despite numeruous attempts to solve this. I have UEFI BIOS and have follow this forum UEFI clean install guideline.

I still have the black screen problem after the clean install but prevx fix seems to fix this so far. However, my laptop start restarting into Startup Repair again and cant fix the problem.

Prob event name: StartupRepairOffline
Prob signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Prob signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Prob signature 03: unknown
Prob signature 04: 2
Prob signature 05: Auto failover
Prob signature 06: 1
Prob signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Appreciate help here.

Click on "view diagnostics results" after performing startup repair. What tests don't end in status 0x0?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276179-startup-repair-offline-no-root-cause-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm not good at Repair Bad Windows Offline Startup 7 Driver computers so I'll describe what I did and experienced as far as possible There have been some problems with my computer that prevented my computer from shutting down or restarting I was using Windows English version at that time To try to tackle the problem I installed Windows Enterprise Chinese version bit that I got from my company I tried a few times but it stated that windows can't be installed in MBR HDD so I formatted the HDD and converted it into GPT I finally installed the windows successfully had it verified and installed the Windows Updates I then restarted Windows hoping that the updates will take effect However Windows couldn't start up since then because of Bad Driver I tried startup repair but the problem couldn't be fixed The Problem Signature Screen from signature to were unknown AutoFailover BadDriver respectively What should I do to fix the problem Are there any fixlogs for my situation Thank you in advance for your help and professional advice Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Bad Driver

A:Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Bad Driver

Some more info on the situation:
Windows restarted and went to the "windows boot manager" page with two options-"activate repair" & "start up windows" if i do not insert the installation disc.
Also, for problem signature 06, it is sometimes 6, 7, 8 or 10. Dunno why...
Thanks a lot for your help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522844/windows-7-startup-repair-offline-bad-driver/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have several pcs running on windows 10
Are there any why to have all the update for the windows 10 on usb to update it offline on several pcs?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66638-windows-10-update-offline.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, As the update in Windows store is of more than 3.5 GB is their any way to update to windows 8.1 offline ??

I'm using Windows SL

Thanks.

A:Any way to update to windows 8.1 offline ?

Yes, you can use a Windows 8.1 (GA) DVD.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/33879-any-way-update-windows-8-1-offline.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi

I have a new XP Home PC (with Office XP Pro, probably not a sensible combination and I will likely upgrade to Win XP Pro soon).

Actually, I quite like Windows Update (!) except for the download times. Is it possible to use the Windows Update check to identify the updates which should be downloaded, then download them on another system which has a fast connection, put them on CD, and then somehow persuade Windows to install them from the CD?

Or can I copy the files to some magical folder and go from there?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

aquatarkus

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello again,

Following a re-install of Windows 7 SP-1 and the failing to update problem, I have downloaded and installed KB3020369. I also have KB3125574 which I believe contains the updates needed to bring an new install more or less up-to-date.

Should I just set the machine never to sleep, disconnect it from the Net, leave it to install the updates from KB3125574 mostly unattended or can I pause the process ?

If it needs to reboot, will it do so automatically ?

Need to know before I go ahead.

Regards,

Cheemag

A:Windows 7 Update Offline

KB3125574 should only take 10 to 20 min depending on download speed, as long as you are not on Dial-UP. It will most likely not reboot automatically, it will ask you to reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-offline-1142642.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Anyone know more about WSUS Offline Update utility? (offline updater for Win 7, Vista and XP) WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection

A:Windows 7 offline update

That program is written by Heisse Security, Germany. I've been using it for about 4 years, and never had a problem with it. It dowloads all the security patches and hotfixes for selected OS's & Office versions. It also includes IE7/8. Using the client installer app, you can then (almost) fully patch a new installation.
I haven't updated mine since 6.1, but will now as it says it supports 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/42815-windows-7-offline-update.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have windows pc's on this network and only pc is having this problem with printers nbsp For months now I have been googling and trying *not Printers SNMP 7 Windows going network always drivers (2 offline) *printer to fix the issues Windows 7 network Printers (2 always going offline) *not SNMP *printer drivers with of her printers showing quot offline quot nbsp All printers are installed the same way via the server here on site nbsp And only of them are continually having this issue nbsp I have changed SNMP All the printers are on a static IP already I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printers via the server I manually deleted the ports and reinstalled them manually using add printer add port wizard I have deleted the print queue and restarted print spooler Windows 7 network Printers (2 always going offline) *not SNMP *printer drivers on both her machine and my server I reinstalled the print spooler on the local machine I updated to the most recent manufacturers drivers for the printers The printers in question are a Xerox and a Kyocera copier scanner nbsp Al these printers are working and operatin fine on every other machine on the network here even while Windows 7 network Printers (2 always going offline) *not SNMP *printer drivers this one machine is showing offline nbsp I am at wits end with this issue nbsp We have of us in IT that serve this office and remote offices to the tune of employees i know its ridiculous and I do not have an easy way to just rebuild her machine as we are swamped this is a production machine i dont have a temp machine that I can put her on that will have all the applications she will need nbsp If someone has some magic they can send in a box I would be beyond grateful

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/862f593f-da34-4d36-b36d-3a74a711235a/windows-7-network-printers-2-always-going-offline-not-snmp-printer-drivers?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi sorry if i m in the wrong area of the forum I tried to switch my laptop on yesterday and my computer froze on the Windows welcome screen I waited for ages but it wouldn t load so I switched it off by holding down the power 7 Issue Offline Repair Windows Startup Boot button and tried to switch back on again This time it went to a Startup Repair screen Waited for ages again and when the startup repair had finally finished it said it couldn t be repaired I have Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Boot Issue tried restarting Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Boot Issue loads of times since then and same thing happens I got a message with all the Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Boot Issue error codes so I kept the details of this so I could determine the problem but I can t find this exact error code problem signature combination anywhere else Heres what it said Startuprepairoffline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature BadDisk OS Version Locale id Can anyone help I d appreciate the advice Cheers p s I ve tried booting with safe mode but still goes to startup repair and I don t have a windows disk

A:Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Boot Issue

Can you enter "command prompt" there?

Code:
chkdsk/f c:
chkdsk/f d:
Check all your disks! And post results

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/313169-windows-7-startup-repair-offline-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All i need some Help Really Quick i have a machine i restored with acronis and now i refuses to boot and start up repair does not want to work with it i have run the frst and these are the reuslts Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from L Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run MSC c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe -hide -runkey - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe - - Acronis HKLM-x Run pspNetSystray C Program Files x EATON PersonalSolutionPac mgenetsystray exe - - HKLM-x Run LWS C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe -hide - - Logitech Inc HKLM-x Run Acrobat Assistant C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe startup Driver boot and 7 bad repair Won't x64 Windows offline - - Adobe Systems Inc HKLM-x Run x HKLM-x Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE - - Adobe Systems Windows 7 x64 Won't boot startup repair offline and bad Driver Incorporated HKLM-x Run IndexSearch C Program Files x Nuance PaperPort IndexSearch exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run Windows 7 x64 Won't boot startup repair offline and bad Driver PaperPort PTD C Program Files x Nuance PaperPort pptd nt exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run PPort reminder C Program Files x Nuance PaperPort Ereg Ereg exe -r C ProgramData ScanSoft PaperPort Config Ereg Ereg ini - - HKLM-x Run PDFHook C Program Files x Nuance PDF Viewer Plus pdfpro hook exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run PDF Registry Controller C Program Files x Nuance PDF Viewer Plus RegistryController exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run ControlCenter C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcBoot exe autorun - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run BrStsMon C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe AUTORUN - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run NUSB MON C Program Files x Renesas Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe - - Renesas Electronics Corporation HKLM-x Run TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe - - Acronis HKLM-x Run AcronisTimounterMonitor C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe - - Acronis HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run APSDaemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run KiesTrayAgent C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe - - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd HKLM-x Run DivXMediaServer C Program Files x DivX DivX Media Server DivXMediaServer exe x HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Monitor C Program Files x LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe - - LeapFrog Enterprises Inc HKU Leiper Run TBPanel C Program Files x Vtune TBPanel exe A - - HKU Leiper Run ISUSPM C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe -scheduler - - Acresso Corporation HKU Leiper Run iCloudServices C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services iCloudServices exe - - Apple Inc HKU Leiper Run ApplePhotoStreams C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ApplePhotoStreams exe - - Apple Inc HKU MYOB SERVICE Run TBPanel C Program Files x Vtune TBPanel exe A - - HKU MYOB SERVICE Run ISUSPM C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe -scheduler - - Acresso Corporation HKU Unlimited Electrical Run TBPanel C Program Files x Vtune TBPanel exe A - - HKU Unlimited Electrical Run iCloudServices C Program Files x Comm... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485737/windows-7-x64-wont-boot-startup-repair-offline-and-bad-driver/
Relevancy 67.94%

Can anyone give me an understandable step by step instruction on how to use WSUS? I've tried several times to get an ISO for Windows 7 updates without
success. Nothing I've found on the internet (including Microsoft) seems to be the right directions.

A:Update Windows using WSUS Offline Update

WSUS is a Windows server role that can be added to Windows server 2008-2012. If you're talking about the program called WSUS Offline Update, that's not a Microsoft product.

What exactly are you trying to do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/update-windows-using-wsus-offline-update-1106225.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi.
My Win 7 Pro is constantly crashing. Sometimes at startup ( in normal mode, not in safe mode ), every time at Windows Update and even when system is idle ( in normal and safe mode ).
Some of my error codes are: 0x7E; 0x8E; 0x50; 0x7F; 0xC2; 0x0A; 0xD1

A:multiple BSOD error codes at startup, Windows Update even when idle

Wow thats a lot of dumps, first up of you are OCing in any way stop and return all bios settings to default

Please update your system specs, if your not sure look here

OK had a quick scan and theres a massive variation of codes and causes there too many dumps to go into them all in detail
A few things that stand out are there are lots of errors relating to info input & output and disk activity so i recommend you run some hardware tests and i think you may have a problem with a disk drive, try these and report back on their outcomes
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also you have some bad programs/drivers installed
First up you have the oldest driver i have ever seen installed on a win 7 system 1996 wow heres a list of all the stuff you need to update ( the first two need to be gone IMO if its something you cant update but you use uninstall you can reinstall later after we have cured your BSOD and regained a stable system)
giveio.sys 04/04/1996 02:33:25 this is a driver relating to speedfan, uninstall it and install newer copy if you wish
ASACPI.sys 13/08/2004 02:52:52 this is a driver associated with an asus mobo utility, uninstall it
ADIHdAud.sys 16/01/2007 16:41:49 SoundMAX Digital HD Audio Driver
nvm62x32.sys 17/10/2008 21:00:39 nVidia Ethernet Networking Driver (nForce chipset driver)
netr28u.sys 26/02/2009 02:42:42 Ralink RT2870 series USB802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver (you may have a different manufacturer)
a014p1am.SYS 21/03/2009 14:47:30 Not sure what this is google doesnt find either ?????????

You also have daemon tools installed you need to remove it as it includes a driver named sptd.sys and that is a known cause of BSODs on win 7 uninstall program then run tool here to see if driver is gone, if driver is already uininstalled when you run tool the uninstall button will be grayed out/not clickable

I would advise you clear your minidump folder (move them all to a new location) and any new BSODs you get after you run all the above upload seperately by running SF tool again

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272644-multiple-bsod-error-codes-startup-windows-update-even-when-idle.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have done image from physical computer with the help of Ghost Then I applied this image to virtual HDD my OS is - Windows Enterprise Then I fix boot with the help of -start up recovery- option of installation disk of Windows professional Windows start booting into controller Windows or manually (SATA SCSI) drivers to offline or HDD IDE How 7 load but then crashes with error quot x b quot So I want to load drivers of virtual SCSI controller with help of Windows recovery console or ERD commander or other utilities Please help me to find right VMware drivers for Windows Enterprise and load it to offline Windows Enterprise I do not want to make Windows reinstallation repair with help of installation disk it will destroy some bugs that I want to keep unattached I do not want to use automatic physical to virtual conversion tools don't ask why I just How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 want to preload necassary drivers with How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 the help of recovery console or ERD commander or other utilities P S May be I should install Windows Enterprise on new Virtual machine and then export drivers with this tools http How to manually load HDD controller (SATA or IDE or SCSI) drivers into offline Windows 7 sourceforge net projects drvback http www boozet org dd htm But what exactly to export and how to load it to offline system Thank you for your answers and help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a7f77561-9fda-4cc5-ad45-edaf77484ae7/how-to-manually-load-hdd-controller-sata-or-ide-or-scsi-drivers-into-offline-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm stuck with an extremely slow dialup service rural area without broadband which prevents me from getting larger Window updates via the Offline update problem Windows normal means of allowing Window Update to perform this task Update sizes of less than mb I can allow Windows Update to handle But I'd like an offline install procedure for the larger updates I can use a nearby library Offline Windows update problem broadband connection to download the necessary updates to a flash disk and then install from the flash disk to my pc The library won't allow any rd party applications such as WSUS but I would be able to download from Microsofts Update Catalog Offline Windows update problem However when I dble-click an update file from the flash disk it installs filne but Windows Update shows that the update is still needed after the install Also the Check for Updates window hangs after the update installation Is there a better way to perform this task or even installation software that will allow Windows Update to recognize the updates This would be a non issue problem if I had even normal dialup service but my connection averages only about kb s on a good day

A:Offline Windows update problem

Hi & welcome.

What is the current update state for your system? SP1 or SP2 etc.

You can obtain CD versions of updates from downloads. I know you stated the slow speed issue but I friend could send it to you in the post etc.

Look here for SP1: -

Download details: Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - Five Language Standalone DVD ISO (KB948465)

Here for SP2: -

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Vista Service Pack 1 All Language Standalone CD ISO

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/290821-offline-windows-update-problem.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

I am a PC Tech that work on multiple computers daily. A few months ago I was looking for an offline/standalone update for 8.1. As many have found out it was not available anywhere except the Windows Store.

I now have an offline/standalone copy of the Windows 8.1 update and I would love to share it with everyone. I come here often and always find the answers I need and I finally have a chance to give back to the community. It is a little over 6GB and fits on Dual Layer DVD. The reason it is so large is because it it for x64, x86, & ARM all on one disc. It has a small batch file that auto-detects your processor type and installs the required files for the 8.1 update.

What I am looking for is the best part of the forum to share this in, and the best place to host such a large file from.

Thanks!

A:Windows 8.1 Offline / Standalone update Available

Hello Curtis, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Thank you for your offer, but it would be illegal to do so since distributing the update file like that would violate Microsoft's copyright and EULA.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...1-preview.html

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42426-windows-8-1-offline-standalone-update-available.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help. 

A:Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm User Startup Issue Offline With Another 7 Repair the Driver Bad Windows a computer tech guy and one of my users brought me a desktop that didn't boot So I started the PC it started to go into Windows the logo stops the BSOD flashes on the screen for a tenth of a second then it restarts again So then I let it do the startup repair and it took about minutes then shows me the Problem Signature screen the pertintent ones are and that say AutoFailover and BadDriver After that I Googled Repair Offline Another User With the Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Bad Driver Issue Bad Driver and Another User With the Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Bad Driver Issue found this site thank goodness I remembered the name of it because I've used ComboFix before on another computer which fixed it and I read about this program I never heard of before called Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Next Another User With the Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Bad Driver Issue I take out my trusty thumbdrive which is bootable made a Win recovery drive and booted the PC with it and ran that program It made this log file which I know you need that I can somewhat understand Now I need your help to make a proper fixlog that I can use to get the system booting again once that happens I can take it from there so as not to disturb you any further I'll keep you updated on what has transpired though Thank you for any assistance you give me Here is the attached log nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:Another User With the Windows 7 Startup Repair Offline Bad Driver Issue

Hello SaKi807 I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Note** this computer needs some serious cleaningOpen notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
HKU\Guest\...\Winlogon: [Shell] Explorer.exe <==== ATTENTION
HKU\kristin\...\Winlogon: [Shell] Explorer.exe <==== ATTENTION
TDL4: custom:26000022 <===== ATTENTION!
CMD: bootrec /FixMbr
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemOn Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.Run FRST again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Also boot the computer into normal mode and let me know how things are looking.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504168/another-user-with-the-windows-7-startup-repair-offline-bad-driver-issue/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello when this problem started i have tryed to fix it with startup repair but with no luck and i tryed to make a system restore also but it said it hasnt fount any restore points I have created a log with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Can you please have a look and tell me what i should do Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x and Fail 7 Driver repair Startup Offline boot to Windows say Bad Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from F FRST Windows Ultimate X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run RTHDVCPL C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe -s - - Realtek Semiconductor HKU User Run AdobeBridge x Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Services Whitelisted Autodesk Content Service C Program Files Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe - - Autodesk Inc cphs C Windows System IntelCpHeciSvc exe - - Intel Corporation FLEXnet Licensing Service C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe - - Windows 7 Fail to boot and Startup repair Offline say Bad Driver Flexera Software Inc MozillaMaintenance C Program Files Mozilla Maintenance Service maintenanceservice exe - - Mozilla Foundation SepMasterService C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin ccSvcHst exe s Symantec Endpoint Protection m C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Windows 7 Fail to boot and Startup repair Offline say Bad Driver Bin sms dll prefetch - - Symantec Corporation SmcService C Program Windows 7 Fail to boot and Startup repair Offline say Bad Driver Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin Smc exe prefetch - - Symantec Corporation SNAC C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin snac exe - - Symantec Corporation VIAKaraokeService C Windows System viakaraokesrv exe - - VIA Technologies Inc Drivers Whitelisted BHDrvx C ProgramData Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Data Definitions BASHDefs BHDrvx sys - - Symantec Corporation ccSettings AC EDB-F A- D - D - EAD A C Windows System Drivers SEP C DF DF x ccSetx sys - - Symantec Corporation eeCtrl C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE eeCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation EraserUtilRebootDrv C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared EENGINE EraserUtilRebootDrv sys - - Symantec Corporation IDSVix C ProgramData Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Data Definitions IPSDefs IDSvix sys - - Symantec Corporation L C C Windows System DRIVERS L C x sys - - Qualcomm Atheros Co Ltd MEI C Windows System DRIVERS HECI sys - - Intel Corporation MTsensor C Windows System DRIVERS ASACPI sys - - NAVENG C ProgramData Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Data Definitions VirusDefs NAVENG SYS - - Symantec Corporation NAVEX C ProgramData Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Data Definitions VirusDefs NAVEX SYS - - Symantec Corporation SRTSP C Windows System Drivers SEP C DF DF x SRTSP SYS - - Symantec Corporation SRTSPX C Windows System Drivers SEP C DF DF x SRTSPX SYS - - Symantec Corporation SyDvCtrl C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Bin SyDvCtrl sys - - Symantec Corporation SymDS C Windows System Drivers SEP C DF DF x SYMDS SYS - - Symantec Corporation SymEFA C Windows System Drivers SEP C DF DF x SYMEFA SYS - - Symantec Corporation SymEvent C Windows system Drivers SYMEVENT SYS - - Symantec Corporation SymIRON C Windows System Drivers SEP C DF DF x Ironx SYS - - Symantec Corporation SYMNETS C Windows System Drivers SEP C DF DF x SYMNETS SYS - - Symantec Corporation SysPlant C Windows System Drivers SysPlant sys - - Symantec Corporation VIAHdAudAddService C Windows System drivers viahduaa sys - - VIA Technologies Inc Synth dVsc C Windows System drivers synth dvsc sys x tsusbhub C Windows System drivers tsusbhub sys x VGPU C Windows System drivers rdvgkmd sys x NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - D C Windows System RTCOM - - - - - - D C Program Files Realtek - - - - - -... Read more

A:Windows 7 Fail to boot and Startup repair Offline say Bad Driver

can someone help me please ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488424/windows-7-fail-to-boot-and-startup-repair-offline-say-bad-driver/
Relevancy 66.65%

I've been tinkering around with a test installation Update WSUS Offline Windows and Updater for the past few weeks as a way of getting to know the quirks of my system after Windows Update stopped working I purchased a bigger nd hard disk for storage WSUS Offline Updater and Windows Update my OS is on an SSD so I decided I'd just test the waters for a few weeks without worry then conduct a clean install WSUS Offline Updater and Windows Update of and reinstall everything where it should be The test WSUS Offline Updater and Windows Update installation s originally encountered a hitch whereby Windows would not update Since then I've realised that's a problem not just with my machine Luckily I discovered WSUS Offline Updater It did its thing triggering whatever that was broken with Windows Update to kick into life All was great Windows updated itself So a few weeks later I decided to go ahead with the same process for my proper clean install once I'd learnt everything I needed to know during these few weeks of tinkering Unfortunately WSUS Offline Updater is misbehaving It downloads the multiple gigs worth of updates installs them successfully then asks me to reboot my system which incidentally would be the time when Windows Update would rouse itself from its reverie but upon restart it's as if nothing was installed The log files point to a successful process with no validation and verification errors but not only are there no updates installed but Windows Update itself is still not working I've tried this times yesterday all after a reformat and clean install yet no joy What the heck is going on

A:WSUS Offline Updater and Windows Update

After clean installing Windows does the Windows Update work?
Where did you get the Windows Setup Media is legit?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632416/wsus-offline-updater-and-windows-update/
Relevancy 66.65%

I reinstalled Windows and suddenly i am unable to get any windows - neither Windows to or online offline Unable update updates I tried to update online Unable to update Windows - neither online or offline but when select quot check for updates quot it stuck on quot checking for updates quot and that's all I waited about hour and a half but nothing happened And during that time in the Task Manager i see a process svchost exe with parameter -k netsvcs that loads the cpu over all of the time and taking most of the RAM memory on my laptop with GB of RAM so i am unable to do anything else during that time I didn't get any error messages just quot checking for updates quot message Then i decided to try to update Windows offline and downloaded Unable to update Windows - neither online or offline the updates with WSUS WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection But when i started the update it displayed a command prompt window and it came to the phase when it say quot Listing ids of missing updates quot and it Unable to update Windows - neither online or offline stuck in the same way when i selected quot check for updates quot for online update And i see the same svchost exe process to load the cpu in the same way and taking as much RAM My system drive is encrypted with TrueCrypt but i don't think this may cause problem with the windows update I run System Update Readiness Tool and it installed one hotfix successfully I run sfc scan and it didn't find any errors This is the CBS log file

A:Unable to update Windows - neither online or offline

I frequently run into this problem lately. Normal times for the first update to really show activity are over an hour. This is what happens when MS won't issue an SP2. I would wait two hours at least before pulling the plug. Also, make sure you're using the latest WSUSo, as there's an addition that makes scanning faster. That's the first thing I would try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382412-unable-update-windows-neither-online-offline.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all I have some problem with my laptop running w bit Windows can't start normaly after windows logo appear the sistem reboot continuosly I have install the recovery console from Microsoft but I can't fix the problem When I run the console for trying to resolve the problem give me this type of error startup repair offline The Windows Repair Problem SignatureProblem event name startup repair offlineproblem signature problem signature problem signature unknownproblem signature Infinite startup offline, Start, Windows Failed repair Loop to problem signature autofailoverproblem signature problem signature corrupt volumeos version locale id How can I fix the problem Here the resuts of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt Windows Failed to Start, startup repair offline, Infinite Loop x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language Italian StandardInternet Explorer Version Boot Mode RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST txt log and an extra Addition txt log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe -s - - Windows Failed to Start, startup repair offline, Infinite Loop Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run Apoint ProgramFiles Apoint Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run COMODO Internet Security C Program Files COMODO Windows Failed to Start, startup repair offline, Infinite Loop COMODO Internet Security cfp exe -h - - COMODO HKLM Run MSC c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe -hide -runkey - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM RunOnce Restore C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run ISBMgr exe C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM-x Run NortonOnlineBackupReminder C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup Activation NobuActivation exe UNATTENDED - - Symantec Corporation HKLM-x Run PMBVolumeWatcher c Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe - - Sony Corporation HKLM-x Run NokiaMServer C Program Files x Common Files Nokia MPlatform NokiaMServer watchfiles startup x HKLM-x Run NokiaMusic FastStart C Program Files x Nokia Ovi Player NokiaOviPlayer exe command faststart - - Nokia HKLM-x Run BCSSync C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe DelayServices - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run DivXUpdate C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe CHECKNOW - - HKLM-x Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe - - PC Tools HKLM-x Run ExpressFiles C Program Files x ExpressFiles ExpressFiles exe -tray - - http www express-files com HKLM-x Run DATAMNGR C PROGRA Searchqu Toolbar Datamngr datamngrUI exe - - Bandoo Media inc HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKLM-x Run gbrspcontrol C Program Files x Common Files COMODO GeekBuddyRSP exe -controlservice -slave - - Comodo Security Solutions Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKU Utente Run rundll C Users Utente AppData Local Temp rundll exe - - HKU Utente Run AlcoholAutomount C Program Files x Alcohol Soft Alcohol AxAutoMntSrv exe -automount - - Alcohol Soft Development Team HKU Utente Run x HKU Utente Run NokiaSuite exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Suite NokiaSuite exe -tray - - Nokia HKU Utente Run DAEMON Tools Lite C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe -autorun - - DT Soft Ltd AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Searchqu Toolbar Datamngr x datamngr dll C PROGRA Searchqu Toolbar Datamngr x IEBHO dll C Windows... Read more

A:Windows Failed to Start, startup repair offline, Infinite Loop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/493607 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493607/windows-failed-to-start-startup-repair-offline-infinite-loop/
Relevancy 66.22%

How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it on an offline computer - Good morning All Yesterday I created a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool to scan an old XP Notebook that is offline and due to its out of date OS Windows Tool using before How Offline Defender USB to update Scan a it will remain offline Files How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it will be moved to and from my desktop via a USB Drive and I want to make sure the XP machine is totally clean before putting it into operation When I ran the tool and saw it needed updating which I can't do offline I came here for advice Arc gave me Brinks detailed instructions on making and updating the USB Tool quot Note If you run the Windows Defender Offline Tool again on the same USB flash drive and if the following conditions below are met the tool will only download new updated malware definitions approx MB and update the USB drive without reformatting it How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it amp Conditions quot This morning I verified the used space on the USB drive before and after I ran the file lt mssstool exe gt a nd time on the same USB Drive and found the used space increased - MB However running it again on the XP machine I received the same quot Virus and Spyware Definitions Out of Date quot message attached To be sure running the creation tool twice consecutively was not the issue I ran it again more times with no additional changes to the used space And another try on the XP machine gave me the same quot Needs Update quot message Now I am wondering how the XP machine knows the Definitions are out of date - I'm sending my appreciation to all who read this and to those who offer suggestions

A:How to update a Windows Defender Offline Scan USB Tool before using it

You don't need a USB now with Win10, it's built in: Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/52490-how-update-windows-defender-offline-scan-usb-tool-before-using.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Today whilst doing a clean W7 SP1 Reinstall and a W10 Pro Reinstall, for some reason on both machines somehow the windows update was not fully functional.

A bit of research and came across this tool, which downloaded the relevant updates (progress in command line window):
WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection

Using "WSUS Offline Update", you can update any computer running Microsoft Windows and Office safely, quickly and without an Internet connection.
Please note the patch coverage information.Click to expand...

Edit: When before downloading, select folder for USB (so updates are in the folder).

Then launch the exe inside the created folder.

Also works for W8.1 as well as Office versions etc.

A:Windows Updates Offline - WSUS Offiline Update

@Inkurax - this is good infos. Thanks.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-updates-offline-wsus-offiline-update.57266/
Relevancy 66.22%

Did a fresh install of win7 x64 and had the problem with windows update checking for update forever so decided to install updates via wsus offline installer

Wsus found and installed 210 updates and installed them then found another 28 but in the meantime window updater that i left running found 217 updates as well so now im installing the updates with windows updater and i'm not sure if that's the right thing to do?

Should i reinstall windows again and install updates only with wsus?
Or windows updater will skip the updates installed by wsus?

Not sure what to do now any advice please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396273-windows-update-wsus-offline-installer-problem.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Alright I'll save you any boring or long-winded overly verbose introductions although I realize by saying that I may have already exceeded the allotted time for this introduction Nonetheless I'm getting a boot error wherein after the windows splash screen the system hangs screen goes black and resets Startup repair doesn't work and by Driver Caused - Startup Bad Repair - Nvidia Offline Update?! I get the bad driver error as described in this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t another-user-with-the-windows- -startup-repair-offline-bad-driver-issue Now I'm convinced that this has been caused by attempting to update the drivers for my Nvidia GTX because the computer crashed as I was installing the driver Here's the thing though It's crashed twice before while attempting to install the same driver Startup Repair Offline - Bad Driver - Caused by Nvidia Update?! but I was able to use startup repair to restore functionality those other times This time however I figured I would attempt a clean install for the driver because it hadn't worked before checked the clean install box when installing Nvidia GTX Driver WHQL This unfortunately turned out to be the catalyst control center for my current predicament It may also be related to Avast as I just recently installed their new internet security suite and I've read that it could cause conflicts with Nvidia Also it could have been that I was not only downloading something at the time I was also watching a video as it was installing the driver which I imagine is like the PC equivalent of lighting a cigarette while attempting to refuel your vehicle Sure you look cool but it's ill-advised all the same Now startup repair doesn't work and I'm dreading losing all my precious um documents and stuff Fortunately I've done a bit of homework and I managed to run Farbar Recovery Scan the results of which are attached I'd like a bit of help building a FixLog if one of you would be so kind From what I can see it definitely seems like Nvidia was installing a bunch of stuff right before the crash now I imagine the idea is to go in and delete some of those or am I getting ahead of myself Anyway thanks lads

A:Startup Repair Offline - Bad Driver - Caused by Nvidia Update?!

At this point, it seems that without a fixlog, my only other option is to reformat and attempt a clean install.

If any mods or other users have seen this and can offer or are perhaps working on a fix, a reply saying they've seen the thread would be much appreciated, thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551470/startup-repair-offline-bad-driver-caused-by-nvidia-update/
Relevancy 65.36%

I tried to run Windows Defender Offline bit on a friend's laptop using WDO installed on a USB stick but it refused to scan the Windows Definitions Defender To Manually Update Virus How Offline's disk because it insisted on getting Updates to its definitions before scanning So either the definitions on the USB stick were too old or How To Update Windows Defender Offline's Virus Definitions Manually not present at all or WDO couldn't find them I had not run WDO from that USB stick before But the laptop had just a Wi-Fi connection and WDO doesn't work over Wi-Fi I have successfully used the bit WDO USB stick on my own Desktop without such a problem probably because my Desktop is connected to the Internet via a LAN I checked another thread on this subject on SevenForums here Defender Offline on DVD failed because no internet connection I disagree with the statement by karlsnooks that WDO does not need an Internet connection This was confirmed here defender offline cannot update How To Update Windows Defender Offline's Virus Definitions Manually no internet connection - Microsoft Community However if someone knows how to manually download the virus definitions and copy them to a USB stick I would be very interested I suppose I could download and create another WDO ISO file on my hard drive and see what's in it try to identify the definitions and update the equivalent files on the USB stick but that would be very much trial and error If someone has actually done it please let me know

A:How To Update Windows Defender Offline's Virus Definitions Manually

Read the Link below

Get the latest definitions - Microsoft Malware Protection Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/322299-how-update-windows-defender-offlines-virus-definitions-manually.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I administer a standalone network with zero internet connectivity I'm in the process of deploying IE but of my laptops keep failing on the update works fine on all others both laptops are HP ProBook s whereas all the other laptops are Dells What happens is I open the standalone IE installer it runs through its process says 'You have successfully installed IE and must restart your machine' which I Win7SP1 offline Failure, running Update IE11 computer Windows do during restart it goes through its configuring updates process which all looks normal then it just says 'Windows Update Failure reverting changes' Doing some looking online there was a microsoft article that indicated that certain HP ProBook s had a graphics card issue with IE and recommeneded updating the graphics driver which I did no luck on IE11 Windows Update Failure, offline computer running Win7SP1 solving the issue All pre-requisites are installed system is Win SP I've tried removing older version of IE I've run SURT and SFC I don't see any error messages we don't use Windows Update Attached are the CBS logs and the IE logs I could find Would really appreciate any and all help on this Thanks Ryan

A:IE11 Windows Update Failure, offline computer running Win7SP1

CheckSUR shows two errors...

Code:
(w) Unable to open Event Log 0x000006B5 Application OpenEventLog failed: 0x000006B5 - The interface is unknown.
(w) Unable to open Event Log 0x000006B5 System OpenEventLog failed: 0x000006B5 - The interface is unknown.
Please open an Elevated Command Prompt, and run the following commands....
NET START WECSVC
NET START WERSVC
NET START EVENTLOG
SC QUERYEX WERSVC
SC QUERYEX WECSVC
SC QUERYEX EVENTLOG

post the results...
Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the ECP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347280-ie11-windows-update-failure-offline-computer-running-win7sp1.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I came across an issue that I find confusing. Whilst trying to install a software to run a mobile USB flash modem, the software pops this message:

your current device installation settings is configured to prefer drivers from Windows Update over locally installed
drivers. This can cause Unlimited data Manager not to work correctly.

do you want to change the settings to prefer locally installed drivers over Windows Update?

What does it imply if I change my settings to prefer locally installed drivers over windows update drivers?
And can this action be undone and where/how? (I searched my machine but didn't find where this option is)

Thank you for reading

A:Device Installation Settings, windows update drivers VS locally installed drivers

Control Panel (icon view)>System>Advanced System Settings>Hardware Tab>Device Installation Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-installation-settings-windows-update-drivers-vs-locally-installed-drivers.924755/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm trying to download and install windows defender offline to a flash drive for use on another computer. During the 4-step process, I get error 0007-8004DD1D "error formatting drive" when it tries to format the flash drive. I have tried several time using different flash drives. I manually formatted the flash drive to verify that it could be formatted. I have copied files to the drive to verify that it is OK. Help!

A:windows defender offline error

Quote: Originally Posted by phillipdh

I'm trying to download and install windows defender offline to a flash drive for use on another computer. During the 4-step process, I get error 0007-8004DD1D "error formatting drive" when it tries to format the flash drive. I have tried several time using different flash drives. I manually formatted the flash drive to verify that it could be formatted. I have copied files to the drive to verify that it is OK. Help!

Hello Phill , follow this guide and let me know what happens.
Windows Defender Offline

If that doesnt work, try this.

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/306809-windows-defender-offline-error.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Problem signature: 
Problem Event Name: startup repair offline
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature  03: unknown 
Problem Signature 04: 622
Problem Signature 05: Autofailover
Problem Signature 06: 1
Problem Signature 07: No root cause

My computer freezes and sometimes restarts itself. I got the above error message. Please help!
Thank you so much in advance!

os version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530659/startup-repair-offline-error-in-windowns-7/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have seen many postings about this virus and no one other than USASMA has been able to give a helping hand The system Repair Startup Offline error way it started was a window opened while i Startup Repair Offline system error was in IE and asked if i would like to allow something to run I assumed it was java or something and Startup Repair Offline system error clicked allow sec later a blue screen of death is in front of me for a brief second and it resarts every time it restarts it is the same thing loading windows files then a green loading bar above the word windows it then brings me to the Start up repair and recovery and the same message comes up Start up repair could not repair windows I have Startup Repair Offline system error tried everything from Image recovery to system restore and they do not work I have run both a hard drive diagnostic and a mem test provided by USASMA and they say everything is i am not sure if i have the Win disk the laptop is a year old sony vaio and I actually have this problem on another laptop and have had no success any help is really appreciated

A:Startup Repair Offline system error

Hello and welcome to the forums :)

Have you tried to boot the computer in safe mode?

If you can boot it in safe mode, you could run a virus removal software, if you get it running again, may I suggest Microsoft Security Essentials?

Best of luck,
Marco.P

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-repair-offline-system-error-595950.html
Relevancy 62.78%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all I'm at my wit's end so I hope somebody can help me I'm trying to configure offline access to a network storage server for multiple client laptops running W Enterprise nbsp Each user has an individual folder on the server that I map to their systems first of all nbsp Then I right click the drive and check 'Always available offline' and let Sync Center do it's thing nbsp For of the machines once this is done I can disconnect the network cable and then try accessing the drive It Error Offline in 7 Windows in Files accessing will automatically show the offline CSC-CACHE version of the drive and operation is seamless When reconnected to the LAN Sync Center brings the server copy up to date nbsp For the other however after disconnecting the network cable clicking on the drive produces the error message nbsp quot An error occurred while reconnnecting G to CompanyServer ShareFolder users jones Microsoft Windows Network The local device name is already in use This connection has not been restored quot - The offline cache has definitely been created because it can be accessed via the 'Manage Offline Files' option in Sync Center nbsp - Reconnecting the network cable usually successfully restores connection to the drive It's only offline access that won't function nbsp - It is possible to successfully configure offline access to the same drives using different client laptops nbsp - I have already attempted altering the Error in accessing Offline Files in Windows 7 host name different credentials within Credential Manager net use del yes net use persistent no I've tried reconfiguring from scratch deleting the user account and recreating same problem occurs nbsp - I've also installed hotfix KB even though it didn't quite describe the exact problem But again this didn't change anything nbsp I really don't know what is causing this issue and have searched extensively but found nothing I'm wondering if anybody can help me I've tried to be thorough but if there's any crucial info I've missed above then please let me know nbsp Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7098ce2f-4e14-4b3d-87c2-1f465f04ded0/error-in-accessing-offline-files-in-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.78%

Hp Pavilion -b w All-In-One Original OS Windows x Upgraded to Windows x but I do have a folder Program Files x Infection date Errors Fix Windows & Ads Drivers Windows of Banner Detection False Update and initial symptoms I think this started in False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers February My computer was infected I hard a very hard time getting rid of it so i decided to nuke it I did a recovery with the HP recovery set and then did a reset for extra reformatting After that I did all updates for windows upgraded again to more updates everything worked fine until I opened Microsoft Solitaire Collection When I signed back into the app the option to sync all False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers my other apps popped-up When I clicked yes I thought it meant I wouldn't have to log into all my Xbox for PC False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers apps individually and it would keep me logged in I was wrong it brought back and replaced almost everything I had on computer before the recovery and reset Things like my desktop background and my favorites list in internet explorer and who knows what else Then in the beginning of March I reinstalled Magic Puzzles app from the Windows Store App and one day I got a pop-up window stating my flash player is out of date click here to update I closed the app through task manager because I know click windows like that closed can trigger a download Unfortunately the third I got annoyed and clicked it closed I never got the pop-up again but I started getting 'fix windows errors' or 'scan to fix windows errors then 'you have message' then 'click to update your windows drivers' The variety and quantity of these banner ads keeps increasing and legitimate ads are appearing less The other free apps I have don't show these banner ads they don't show any ads the space is white and the commercials that are suppose to play in my Xbox for PC games don't load It's like the fake ads have taken over the ad permissions in my apps Current issues and symptoms The problems I'm having with my computer are a It takes longer to boot along with apps IE and websites take longer to boot b Some images on webpages don't load they show a box with an x in it c The logo image on some of the icons in IE favorites list are slowly disappearing and being replaced with the IE logo d Buffer overflow when trying to access Microsft's virus and malware protection site and Saftey scanner page Links to pages don't exist or can't be found I was given this link by advisor Broni when I clicked it I got 'page not found' if you click it and get access to this page then for sure something is messing with my computer Windows users Reset IE manually https support microsoft com kb wa wsignin If you would like to see what we worked on here is the link to that am I infected post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t possible-rogue-malware e I have recieved the following error message twice once when I clicked the back button while on this site and the other when I refreshed a page on this site An error occured with the SQL server This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server Please contact your host and copy the message shown above www bleepingcomputer com Driver Server Level Error That error message happened after I started seeing Update Your Windows Drivers banner ads f Problems with vidoes on youtube and then I get a pop-up banner to click and find out why the video is messing up I didn't click it Also some videos had poorly loaded ads on the flash player screen like the outline of overlapped boxes g Wireless mouse connection problems lagging cursor when there is no over resource use by a process in task manager and process explorer h Sometimes the computer comes out of sleep right after I put it to sleep and i didn't touch anything i Websites stop responding frequently j Sound problems s... Read more

A:False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers

I'm sorry about the mess I made yesterday when I posted 6 threads of the same topic, I only meant to post one. What happened is, when I clicked the post button it took a long time to load or transfer me back to the virus, trojan, spyware, and malware removal logs page and show I posted successfully. Instead I was redirected to an error page, so I tried it again, again, with and without attachments. When I gave up and went back to the  virus, trojan, spyware, and malware removal logs page, that's when I saw all my attempts did go through. I've been getting a lot of redirects to error pages, sql errors, and denied access of select Microsoft pages that are about malware and viruses. Below this I'm attaching screen shots of the error page I was redirected to, along with the fake 'fix window's errors' banner ads I'm seeing in my game app and found their location in appdata, I'm not attaching the actual image file it's the screen shot I took of inside the app. I've also noticed something odd when I open the properties of some of the apps in appdata, I swear I see the display change when I click on the security tab. It's like there's a red mark of some kind next to a group user name but then it's gone, it' happens so fast all I see is a flash of red and I get the same thing when I open system32 folder. I see a glimpse of a view yellow folders and below them 2 files @OpenWithToastLogo.png and @TileEmpty1x1Image.png that have a floral image on the icons and then some DLLs but in a flash the display changes to a long line of folders and the floral icons are moved further down the page. I hope I explained that right, it's the type of thing that makes you feel like your crazy because it happens so fast. I can't see any words or shapes, only colors that are there and in a flash they're gone. Another thing that's odd and messing with me is my recent look at the files in system32\drivers, I don't remember seeing so many blue font files. And am I correct that blue font means packed or compressed?

error1.PNG   8.29KB
  0 downloads                                                                             
 error2.PNG   5.47KB
  0 downloads 

TopPg1.PNG   133.79KB
  0 downloads

Bottom.PNG   32.03KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610328/false-detection-banner-ads-of-fix-windows-errors-update-windows-drivers/
Relevancy 62.78%

I just did a factory reset on my computer Ive been trying to get Windows Update to work but it keeps saying Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer Ive restarted it and nothing I tried to do a clean boot and (This may or SoS... is more. Drivers, and Tools) Trouble may belong It, Update, Shooting, not Windows Fix Windows didnt help Ive SoS... Windows Update, Trouble Shooting, Fix It, Drivers, and more. (This may or may not belong is Windows Tools) gone into the command prompt and type net stop something and that didnt help either After that I tried to start trouble shooting the problem and it wont let Also tried this https support microsoft com en-us mats windows update en but is says Troubleshooting cannot proceed The troubleshooter has experienced and SoS... Windows Update, Trouble Shooting, Fix It, Drivers, and more. (This may or may not belong is Windows Tools) unexpected error and cannot SoS... Windows Update, Trouble Shooting, Fix It, Drivers, and more. (This may or may not belong is Windows Tools) continue Another thing was trying to update my intel driver Went here https downloadcenter intel com and clicked update drivers http www intel com p en US support detect iid dc iduu Then it says We're sorry this page is temporarily unavailable Error We are working to reconnect you as soon as possible Please try again in a moment But when I use http www isitdownrightnow com and it says that's its fine but most likely not working for me Another thing is my Windows Defender isnt working either Lastly I did some kind of scan thing in my cmd about a CBS log It scan and said some files are corrupt and go to CBS log I have the log but doesnt look like I can base the Text Document in here for people to download Ill post it next because of how long it is Doesnt look like I can copy and paste it due to it being waaaaaay to big Also could upgrading to windows help fix it Im currently running windows

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3aa47e42-9d35-458b-858e-d0283cfa0a73/sos-windows-update-trouble-shooting-fix-it-drivers-and-more-this-may-or-may-not-belong-is?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 62.78%

ASUS Desktop PC CM Series Windows Home Premium SP -bit Core i GB RAM GB HDD Windows updates not working for a while Initial was B appearing in the Windows Update window when searching for updates Found bad memory using Memtest and pulled the stick Other stick no errors after passes Toshiba HDD installed Ran two different HDD diagnostics test on it and it passed No conflicts in device manager Now Windows Update window showing error Based upon instructions ran System Update Readiness Tool SURT but that appears to have not made any resolution Ran it twice to ensure it ran successfully Then ran the Windows Update Diagnostic diagcab from go Error Update 0x8007370B Windows & Error Windows Update 80070002 Diag microsoft com fwlink LinkID and it shows Windows Update error x Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B B - - -T- P as NOT FIXED All other items in list shows as FIXED SFC scannow will not run displaying the message quot windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation quot I tried the same in a elevated prompt in normal windows and in safe mode with the same result No luck running Surface Scan Ran chkdsk r twice also Screen captures of both errors and CBS log file attached Any help is greatly appreciated In the meantime I will begin running some antimalware scans just in case Thanks for any assistance

A:Windows Update Error 80070002 & Windows Update Diag Error 0x8007370B

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

We need that data whether or not either CheckSUR or SFC complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346188-windows-update-error-80070002-windows-update-diag-error-0x8007370b.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am using Windows Professional with Service Pack Windows Update has lost my update history and hangs when I tell it to check for updates Windows Update Troubleshooter reports quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot How can I get Windows Update working again Here is a detailed account 0x80070057 Reports Not Update Error Fixed Hangs, Windows Windows Update Troubleshooter of the problem Earlier today I ran Windows Update and told it to install important updates It said it was downloading them but stalled for minutes at done I rebooted my computer and re-ran Windows Update It reported that there were no pending important updates I clicked quot View update history quot and saw that the most recent important updates had failed I clicked quot Check for Updates quot and when it finished checking Windows Update continued to report that there were no pending important updates At that point I Windows Update Hangs, Windows Update Troubleshooter Reports Error 0x80070057 Not Fixed concluded that something was wrong with Windows Update In an attempt to fix it I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab It reported one problem found quot Windows Update error x - - -T- P Not Fixed quot After running Windows Update Troubleshooter I re-ran Windows Update It reported that my most recent check for updates was quot Never quot and that updates were installed quot Never quot When I clicked quot View update history quot I saw an empty list When I clicked quot Check for updates quot the application stalled at quot Checking for updates quot I have re-booted re-run Windows Update Troubleshooter and re-run Windows Update at least twice more Windows Update Troubleshooter continues to report quot Windows Update error x quot and Windows Update continues to show no update history and to hang on quot Checking for updates quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25a67d86-9ee5-460d-924b-663a55e34b06/windows-update-hangs-windows-update-troubleshooter-reports-error-0x80070057-not-fixed?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

Some time ago, Avast started to show the following message after every single scan (Win7 64 bit):
"Some files could not be scanned"
In the "Warnings" section, it shows this:
"C:\Windows\winstart.bat                  Error: File is offline - it is currently not available.(42006)"

When I look at winstart.bat, I see that it was modified recently. The file size is 1KB, but when I edit this file with notepad, it seems to be empty.
Is my computer infected? I read on different sites that winstart.bat could be related to some spywares.

Thanks in advance.

The error message you received is common among avast! users. When doing a Google Search for Avast C:\Windows\winstart.bat file is offline, it appears that avast is the only security vendor providing that message and has been doing so for several years.Winstart.bat is a batch File (text file) which contains commands that can be used to run other processes or tasks when you execute it and is usually located in the C:\Windows folder. Winstart.bat was used on older Windows Operating Systems like Windows 95, 98 and ME and was executed every time Windows starts just like AUTOEXEC.BAT as described here. Winstart.bat was also used to load memory-resident utilities in Windows applications in order to run DOS applications under Microsoft Windows version 3.00 as described in Microsoft Article ID: 69186 but in could be misused for malicious purposes.This file can be opened in Notepad for inspection of its contents by right-clicking on it and choosing edit...and any text line can be suspended by typing REM followed by a space in front of the line. I have read the file is sometimes used to speed up the boot process so its not required and can be removed. However, if left on the machine, some anti-virus programs may detect it as the file is not able to be scanned properly.Virus Total report on winstart.bat as of 2010.04.30 <- no anti-virus vendor detected it as a threat to include avast.The fact that the file is unavailable doe not mean it is malware, as the above analysis appears to confirm. Usually when a computer is infected with malware there will be indications (signs of infection) something is wrong.You can resubmit the file for a more current analysis. Go to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:Jotti's virusscanVirusTotalVirSCAN--In the "File to Scan" (Upload or Submit) box, browse to the location of the file(s) in question and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis. If you get a message saying "File has already been analyzed", click Reanalyze or Scan again.Note: When searching for malware removal assistance on the Internet, it is not unusual to find numerous hits from untrustworthy and scam sites which mis-classify detections or provide misleading information. This is deliberately done more as a scam to entice folks into buying an advertised fix or removal tool. In some cases if the fix is a free download, users may be enticed to download a malicious file or be redirected to a malicious web site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516826/avast-cwindowswinstartbat-error-file-is-offline/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Guys Girls Looking for some help followed a few tips and links from other similar posts but nothing works I have tried sfc scan Resource Error offline gives even Windows Protection SCANNOW both online and offline get same error Relevant services running to support sfc I have attached the log link HERE i can see no errors but i am no expert Really would like some help please and i do not want to Refresh Reinstall if possible Also my System Restores were corrupted managed to do one offline said it failed But after reboot said it worked but still getting sfc error Microsoft Windows Version Error even offline scan gives Windows Resource Protection c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt sfc SCANNNOW Microsoft R Windows R Resource Checker Version Copyright C Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect version s with correct Microsoft versions SFC SCANNOW VERIFYONLY SCANFILE lt file gt VERIFYFILE lt file gt OFFWINDIR lt offline windows directory gt OFFBOOTDIR lt offline boot directory gt Error even offline scan gives Windows Resource Protection SCANNOW Scans integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with problems when possible VERIFYONLY Error even offline scan gives Windows Resource Protection Scans integrity of all protected system files No repair operati on is performed SCANFILE Scans integrity of the referenced file repairs file if problems are identified Specify full path lt file gt VERIFYFILE Verifies the integrity of the file with full path lt file gt No re pair operation is performed OFFBOOTDIR For offline repair specify the location of the offline boot dire ctory OFFWINDIR For offline repair specify the location of the offline windows d irectory e g sfc SCANNOW sfc VERIFYFILE c windows system kernel dll sfc SCANFILE d windows system kernel dll OFFBOOTDIR d OFFWINDI R d windows sfc VERIFYONLY C WINDOWS system gt sfc SCANNOW Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Details are included in the CBS Log windir Logs CBS CBS log For example C Windows Logs CBS CBS log Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios C WINDOWS system gt

A:Error even offline scan gives Windows Resource Protection

After running sfc /scannow run:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

& reboot & run sfc again.

That should fix things.

I added a link to a tutorial if you need one.

DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36216-error-even-offline-scan-gives-windows-resource-protection.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Trying to clear my mom's computer of some viruses. She has Microsoft Security Essentials and it said I needed to download Windows Defender Offline.

I downloaded to my personal laptop and created the files on a brand new clean USB flash drive.

Went through the steps necessary through BIOS to move the USB drive to top of the Boot list.
When I put the USB in and restart the computer, it gives me a Disk Error message.

Any ideas what the issue could be?
Computer I'm trying to clean is a desktop Dell Dimension.

A:Disk error trying to boot with USB w/Windows Defender Offline

That means the usb disk was not properly made bootable or the computer is not able to boot from a usb disk.
Would you point me in the direction of the instructions you used so I have a better understanding of tools used?
I would point you toward the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs" for better help at specific removal of viruses but I understand if you would like to proceed in your own direction.  If you do decide to go to that forum please use this post first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502918/disk-error-trying-to-boot-with-usb-wwindows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 61.92%

tried to do updates and when i run nvidias program it just fales saying its not installed. when i run windows update it has 80070308 and 800f0246.  any help would be great pls im stuck

A:windows 7 will not update video drivers or windows update.

FWIW:  I suggest that you NOT use Windows Update for hardware drivers.  If the system is a laptop or other OEM system, the manufacturer's website is the place to seek appropriate drivers for your system.  If system is sself-built or put together using individual components that you or someone else selected...then the motherboard manufacturer or component manufacturer (e.g., installed video card) is the website that should provide the appropriate drivers.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562735/windows-7-will-not-update-video-drivers-or-windows-update/
Relevancy 61.92%

Tried the following Update works if I bypass the router ie connect the PC directly to modem It also works from different ISP through router at work Format disk amp Reinstall windows From windowsupdate log - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - c Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt 0x80072efd update - with Windows Client error Windows detect Update to Can't failed 7 Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd redir muv wuredir cab gt Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab error x efd - - c Misc Validating signature for - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wuredir cab gt error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation MakeRequest failed error x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x efd - - c Misc WARNING SendRequest failed with hr efd Proxy List used lt gt Bypass List used lt null gt Auth Schemes used lt gt - - c Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestUsingProxy failed for lt http www update microsoft com v windowsupdate redir muv wu... Read more

A:Can't update Windows 7 - Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x80072efd

Hi,

Try to remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration for Windows 7:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start programs and files box.
Right-click cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
Type the following command and then press Enter:
netsh winhttp show proxy
Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the Command Prompt window.
To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command and then press Enter:

netsh winhttp reset proxy
Click Start, click All Programs, click Windows Update, and then try to download and install updates again.Alex Zhaozx
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f37e3638-beac-445a-83f4-21cf85cb05fe/cant-update-windows-7-windows-update-client-failed-to-detect-with-error-0x80072efd?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi Guys I have a REAL newbie question I ve tried reading a bunch of tutorials but they re a little over my head I think my question is pretty basic but Motherboard BIOS Drivers INCLUDES Update and Windows on M2A-VM? Update after Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM? a couple hours research hopefully someone here would be kind enough to help I have an M A-VM motherboard and my system keeps freezing up no input from keyboard or mouse no ctl-alt-del nothing It freezes intermittently but never goes more than hours without freezing sometimes freezes in a few seconds with minutes being the average time it works before freezing Seems to freeze more often immediately when I m using the mouse than any other time but it will freeze on it s own just idling if you give it enough time I ve read a few things including updating bios and downloading the latest motherboard drivers My problem starts when I go to download the mobo drivers from this page ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- It lists driver updates there for my motherboard files found Qualified Vendor List BIOS BIOS History BIOS-Utilities Chipset AUDIO LAN Utilities Manual And apparently I m missing these Windows Updates Q - Important Q - Important Q - Critical Q - Important Q - Important Q - Moderate Question Do I download all Surely my machine can t need updates How do I know which ones to download and install Question Will a windows update select the appropriate motherboard drivers from this list or is that unrelated Question Will a windows update automatically select these particular updates for me or do I need to do anything manually to get them Question How do I update BIOS Which to choose there are listed above Is this something a professional should do or is it simple enough for a guy like me If anyone takes mercy on me and responds I ll be eternally grateful and I ll promise to help a lost soul in the future as repayment I ll take any help I can get Here are my specs Processor gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board ASUSTeK Computer INC M A-VM XX BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS M A-VM ACPI BIOS Revision Chipset Support AMD Socket AM Athlon Athlon FX Athlon X Sempron RAM Megabytes Usable Installed Memory OS Windows Professional build Thanks guys

A:Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM?

I have the same board on another pc.

You only need to download and install only that which would make your setup current.

You really only need to update the bios if you will be moving up to a newer processor that is not currently supported by the current bios or if the newer bios fixes a known problem.

You need the latest motherboard chipset driver. (I would install this first if you haven't already)

You need the latest LAN driver.

The audio driver you can either download from Asus or from RealTek.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/90093-windows-update-includes-motherboard-drivers-bios-update-m2a-vm.html
Relevancy 61.49%

We're in a domain at work and a user have a folder on the server that he usually syncs with from his computer. The problem is that when I right click on the folder and choose "syncronize" it gives me "permission error". 
How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/367413f7-e36b-40d0-8b5d-c4b23fcecc12/permission-error-trying-to-sync-offline-files-windows-81-to-server?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.49%

It restarted for an update 7 hours ago and now wont come back on Startup repair cant fix it all I get is

bad driver local 1033
error 6.1.7600.16385

Please help me Im borderline crying cause I feel bad doing this to my wifes laptop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611397/wifes-laptop-bsodstartup-repair-offline-bad-driver-error/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Windows has been failing to boot and when I ran a startup repair I got the following Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadDriver OS Version Locale ID No new devices have been added to this computer recently Problem first started with extremely long boot time into Windows FRST Report shows Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on Start Offline Driver Failed To Startup Failed Bad Windows Repair 7 MININT-DP NLO - - Running from g Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery Default ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist Windows 7 Failed To Start Startup Repair Failed Offline Bad Driver the registry item will be Windows 7 Failed To Start Startup Repair Failed Offline Bad Driver restored to default or removed The file will Windows 7 Failed To Start Startup Repair Failed Offline Bad Driver not be moved HKLM Run RTHDVCPL gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run RtHDVBg gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run IAStorIcon gt C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run AtherosBtStack gt C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite btvstack exe - - Atheros Commnucations HKLM Run AthBtTray gt C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite athbttray exe - - Atheros Commnucations HKLM Run MSC gt c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run USB MON gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run Client Access Service gt C Program Files x IBM Client Access cwbsvstr exe - - IBM Corporation HKLM-x Run C Program Files x D-Link D-ViewCam MainConsole EXE gt C Program Files x D-Link D-ViewCam MainConsole exe - - D-Link Corporation HKLM-x Run APSDaemon gt C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run ScanSnap WIA Service Checker gt C Windows SSDriver fi SsWiaChecker exe HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run StatusAlerts gt C Program Files x HP StatusAlerts bin HPStatusAlerts exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper gt C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run EEventManager gt C Program Files x EPSON Creativity Suite Event Manager EEventManager exe - - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION Winlogon Notify GoToAssist Express Customer C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax winlogonx dll Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc Services Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist it will be removed from the registry The file will not be moved unless listed separately S Cwbrxd C Windows cwbrxd exe - - IBM Corporation S GoToAssist Remote Support Customer C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax service exe - - Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc S HP DS Service C Program Files x HP HPBDSService HPBDSService exe - - Hewlett-Packard Company S IAStorDataMgrSvc C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe - - Intel Corporation S IconMan R C Program Files x Realtek Realtek USB Card Reader RIconMan exe - - Realsil Microelectronics Inc S MsMpSvc c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation S NisSrv c Program Files Microsoft Security C... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599441/windows-7-failed-to-start-startup-repair-failed-offline-bad-driver/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have read a lot of threads about this issue, but none of the options have worked.
I have attempted to reboot in Safe Mode with no success - still starts as normal and back to the update loop gets stuck in backing out the updates.
I have a bootable windows 7 disk and have changed the start sequence in the bios to only start from the DVD it will not boot the DVD and continues to boot from the hard drive. 
Nothing has worked

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/990a9d51-e47c-4c39-a5b7-731d20aa5f35/windows-7-stuck-in-startup-loop-after-windows-update?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone... I have a HP Pavilion a6500f pc running Vista Home Premium. I have been ussing this pc for almost a year now, untill this passt Friday 30th when i shut it down. Then the problem begins: When i start it up right after the lil bar running horizontally it say: "Please wait windows is configuring Updates 1 of 3... 0%" but i stay there for like 2 minutes and then it restarts... it does not pass 0% of the first update and it keep restarting right before the windows where you put the password to log in. I tryed boot in safe mode with no luck. So now im screwd up... so i was wondering if there is a way i can place the hp hard drive and delete or modify something true my lop-top to make windows boot again.

Please Heeeelp!!!!!!

A:Windows Vista Update damaged windows startup

Choose to Shut Down your computer not Restart. It will then run the updates and tell you not to turn off your computer. Once it shuts down, then restart normally.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-update-damaged-windows-startup-427965.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi eveyone, I have a Acer Aspire 5732 Z laptop which randomly shut down whilst in use earlier, and now it won't boot up at all. It seems to go around in the same loop - the screen says "loading files" then the Startup Repair starts, I let it run but it just says "Windows cannot repair this computer automatically", the problem details are as follows:

Problem Signature 04: 21201003
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 21
Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile

[There is also the OS Version number and the Locale ID]

I've tried to System Restore to an earlier date, but this does not work. I've been trying to google the problem for hours, but I'm not the most computer literate person so I just don't understand how to fix the problem. I'm pulling my hair out!

Please somebody help! I really need the laptop for Tuesday! Thanks.

A:Windows won't boot up - "Startup repair offline"

Hi and welcome to TSF if you have a install or recovery disc you could try a start up repair with it Startup Repair - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-wont-boot-up-startup-repair-offline-578896.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I NEED DRIVERS IN ORDER TO UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8.1 TO WINDOWS 10 USING A HP PAVILION P6510F.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

A:DRIVERS TO UPDATE WINDOWS 8.1 TO WINDOWS 10 USING HP PAVILIO...

Hi http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p6500-desktop-pc-series/4162263/model/42... For computers sold after August 2013 with compatible hardware, HP has tested and approved specific software and drivers to support Windows 10. See hp.com/go/windows10upgradenow to check if your computer model was tested by HP.If your computer is not tested by HP or software and drivers are not available on the HP site for Windows 10, use Windows Update in Windows 10 to get the latest software and drivers. HP and the other hardware manufacturers of components in your computer will release updated software and drivers in Windows Update when they are tested and approved.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/DRIVERS-TO-UPDATE-WINDOWS-8-1-TO-WINDOWS-10-USING-HP/td-p/5601742
Relevancy 60.63%

After a recent Windows update or due to some corruption on my SSHD my USB drivers aren't working in Windows. This prevents the keyboard or mouse to function upon loading windows and I can't log on to windows to make any corrections. This also happens when booting into safe mode.

How can I get the drivers updated from a DOS prompt? I have tried rolling back to a previous update with no luck.

I have the current USB drivers from ASUS for my board but they are all windows setup files.

Thanks

A:NO USB Drivers on Windows Startup

Check in your BIOS for an item called 'Legacy USB Sopprt' or similar. Turn it to 'Enabled' then reboot....your keyboard and mose should now be working if inserted into USB2.0 ports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/350894-no-usb-drivers-windows-startup.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I can setup offline folders on a Windows 2000 Pro client so the files are available when offline.

Is it possible to configure offline folders so that even when the computer is connected to the network the offline folder is still used.

What we want to acheive is for the notebook user to always use a local copy of their data but to also have an up to date copy on the server.

If i need to clarify anything or provide more details then please let me know.

Cheers

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-offline-folders-always-use-offline.29034/
Relevancy 60.2%

Sorry to everyone.This report is an mistake. The PC which is fixed by Combofix is very well.The new problem PC is another.After all of steps in Thunder's post, WindowsUpdate is fixed.But My Neighborhood still can't work.I try to set another PC's IP as 192.168.0.1, and myself PC's IP as 192.168.0.2.Then ping 192.168.0.1, there is no request sent back.But when I ping my PC from another PC(ping 192.168.0.2), it's work.I can see my share folder from another PC, but can't see another PC on my PC.I try to reinstall network card driver, but no help.My PC can use PPPoE to connect Internet now.My system is WinXP-SP3How can I FIX this ?Thanx for help....

A:After "Windows Update error 80244019; DNS address 85.255.112.107, How to fix my Windows Update Error"

This report is an mistake.Thank you for letting us know. Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.In case you experience any problems with the computer, please Start a new topic.Happy computing,Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195023/after-windows-update-error-80244019;-dns-address-85255112107-how-to-fix-my-windows-update-error/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, can someone please help me with my problems about Windows Update

I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message:
I have also tried Farbar Service Scanner and i got this file
Attachment 294790
Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

A:Help with Windows Update Error: Windows Update Services not running.

i have a similar problem here is my farbar file:
Please Help
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 23-11-2013
Ran by Safe (administrator) on 24-11-2013 at 12:02:44
Running from "C:\Users\Safe\Desktop"
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (X86)
Boot Mode: Normal

Internet Services:
============

Connection Status:
==============
Localhost is accessible.
LAN connected.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Windows Firewall:
=============
mpsdrv Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of mpsdrv service is OK.
The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK.

MpsSvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open MpsSvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

bfe Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open bfe registry key. The service key does not exist.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
==================
"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile" registry key does not exist.
System Restore:
============

System Restore Disabled Policy:
========================
Action Center:
============

wscsvc Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open wscsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Action Center Notification Icon =====> Unable to open HKLM\...\ShellServiceObjects\{F56F6FDD-AA9D-4618-A949-C1B91AF43B1A} key. The key does not exist.
Windows Update:
============
BITS Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of BITS service is OK.
The ImagePath of BITS service is OK.
The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK.
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
============================
Windows Defender:
==============
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
Checking Start type: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open WinDefend registry key. The service key does not exist.
Other Services:
==============
Checking Start type of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key. The service key does not exist.

Checking Start type of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess. The value does not exist.
Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess: ATTENTION!=====> Unable to open "SharedAccess\Defaults\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules" registry key. The key does not exist.
Checking Firewa... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312811-help-windows-update-error-windows-update-services-not-running.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello - Please Help! My computer will not start. It is locked in Startup Repair mode and cannot proceed. Facts so far:
1. Boots in Startup Repair if F8 is pressed and Driver Signing Disabled
2. Ran MalwareBytes which identified 5 suspect issues which were deleted
3. Still will not boot in Safe Mode or Any Other Mode but with Driver Signing Disabled
4. I ran Farbars recovery scan and have a log if that helps

It seems I may have the same/ similar issue to this previously discussed thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic405133.html

Please help, I am not sure what to do. Thank you!

A:Windows 7 x64 - Startup Repair - Will not start - Drivers

Hi,

Welcome here, I will be assisting you with the issue.

Please post the FRST log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405616/windows-7-x64-startup-repair-will-not-start-drivers/
Relevancy 59.34%

It seems that you cant load drivers in the windows startup menu troubleshoot menu If you have a OS drive that requires a driver to see raid controller some SSD's sata controller etc then you 8 drivers Load Menu - Windows Startup cant use the windows startup troubleshooting tools There is no option in the menu to load drivers and therefor every recovery Windows 8 Startup Menu - Load drivers tool in the menu fails While the majority of computers don't need to load drivers to see the main boot drive a fair amount do so this lack of ability to load drivers to see it confuses me I feel like I must be missing something I even looked at trying to load drivers from the command prompt but its not available with the tools in the troubleshoot environment I did find a quot way quot to get the recovery tools to work on drives that need drivers Grab the windows disk and proceed with an install until it asks you to load drivers for drives After you load the driver cancel out of the install which will bring you back to the start of the windows install disk which has a quot repair my computer quot option That option loads an identical troubleshoot environment but now has access to the drive thanks to the install processes quot load driver quot option The biggest problem with that tho is not only do you need to have the install disk but you also need your serial key so that you can proceed to the install point that has the option to load the drivers If you come across a machine that someone has asked you to fix what are the chances of have both the install disk and the serial key on hand this is not a rant at windows I love windows

A:Windows 8 Startup Menu - Load drivers

Hello craige1 and welcome to TSF,

You can load drivers into Windows 8 through the Device Manager applet, like in previous versions of Windows... It is found in the Device Manager... Just type "Device Manager" on the start screen...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-startup-menu-load-drivers-686591.html
Relevancy 59.34%

many have run into Windows 10 "upgrades" that install bad device drivers that cause system to hang on reboot/boot.

Is there a way, perhaps command line, to attempt to boot the system with 'basic drivers' only, in order to step around the IED..... ???

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/48541-any-way-startup-boot-windows-10-only-generic-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So, I seem to have an issue where Windows 8 will boot within seconds and get to the start screen but I won't be able to use my keyboard or mouse for about 10 - 15 seconds and they will flash on and off like it is still doing the Starting Windows screen. Is there a setting I may have screwed up or a way to fix this? I don't have the extreme fast boot on or whatever it is called where it bypasses the BIOS and graphics card loading screens. Any help is appreciated!

A:Issue with Windows 8 startup and drivers loading

Sounds like the drivers for a USB or USB Wireless input device are not loading at the beginning of the boot process. If it is an older computer might check the BIOS for a Legacy USB setting and make sure it's Enabled, haven't seen the same with newer computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51100-issue-windows-8-startup-drivers-loading.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello There are numerous threads with the same issue online but none of the solutions have worked for me so I'm posting my own I did contact Microsoft and Lenovo but Lenovo is asking for money that I can't afford for tech support so I'm hoping someone here can help me out Here's the situation I have a Lenovo Y P that came with Windows Half a year later I'm sick of and want to downgrade to Windows I know that simulation 8.1 downgrade Windows drivers ins device -> found' 7 Windows 'No error softwares 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins like ClassicShell and such exist but I would really rather just use Windows I downloaded a legitimate copy of Windows Ultimate -bit and burned it onto a DVD disk I also downloaded all of the Windows device drivers from this Lenovo site Laptops and netbooks IdeaPad Y Series laptops IdeaPad Y p Notebook - Lenovo Support US I had to specify the model number and 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins OS so I'm hoping I downloaded the correct drivers all of the drivers are exe format is that what it's supposed to look like I put all of the drivers onto a flash drive So I am now equipped with a DVD with Windows on it as well as a flash drive with 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins all of the drivers on it I boot from the disk with the DVD and flash drive attached Windows installation begins and here I get the error 'no device drivers found ' When I click 'browse' I see that the flash drive is recognized but the files on it aren't What do you guys think the issue is Best anon

A:'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins

Why would you do all that? Win7 is a driver-complete OS in the installer and via Windows Updates after install. Providing a bunch of drivers is from the XP era.

You only need the wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided during reinstall, you can install it to get online, enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3), then run all Important and Optional Windows Updates which should deliver most drivers. I would only import drivers still missing after all rounds of Windows Update are finished.

For a Win8 PC there are special steps that must be taken to disable Secure Boot and enable CSM or Legacy BIOS to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7. Then when you boot the installer to do the Clean Install Windows 7 delete all partitions using the Drive Options shown in Steps 7 and 8, create and format new as you wish, install to first partition.

Other tips to get and keep a perfect Win7 install are same as for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342475-no-device-drivers-found-error-windows-8-1-windows-7-downgrade-ins.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My laptop hasn't been in use for about a few weeks and all of Recovery System Startup - Repair Launch Startup Error Windows a sudden I am getting a Windows Error Recovery on Startup I am given two options Launch Startup Repair recommended and Start Windows Normally Nothing happens when I try to restart Windows normally -- I only see a black screen Upon selecting System Recovery a teal screen pops up with quot System Recovery Options quot telling me to select a keyboard layout Then it tells me to select my OS but it comes up blank telling me to load drivers for my hard disks I stopped right there I am a little hesitant about using the System Recovery in fear of losing important files If this is a possibility I may try to backup my files using an alternate OS like Ubuntu Or are my files already long gone Is this just a restore for important Windows files or a complete restore of Windows back to factory settings I have not installed any new software or devices Running Windows Vista x

A:Windows Startup Error - System Recovery Launch Startup Repair

Definitely try to backup your files before doing anything else.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301904-windows-startup-error-system-recovery-launch-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Successfully installed "Bitdefender Total Security 2016" (win7 sp1 x86) and when I try to update with offline virus database from their official website, I've got this error...
"Runtime Error (at -1:0)
cannot import dll:C:\(temp directory)\sftldll.dll"

Already re-download update files several times but still the same.

Any solution to fix this?
Thank you so much

https://malwaretips.com/threads/bitdefender-total-security-2016-offline-virus-database-update-error.62287/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm not very tech savvy. I finally gave in and updated to windows 10. Do I need to update drivers for this to work properly?

A:do i need to update drivers for windows 10 on my a...

Hi, You will see if you are lucky. There are plenty of complains for the VN7-591G on the forum regariding the wireless drivers, and the Intel HD graphics driver after update to windows 10. So, if you experience problems you should try to update the drivers for these two. But I would suggest to install the windows 10 drivers for everything after update, just to be sure. BUT, if your current wireless driver works well, I don't recommend to update it. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/do-i-need-to-update-drivers-for-windows-10-on-my-aspire-vn7-591g/td-p/444603/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi !

When using update service in W7 sometimes I get some drivers update and I wonder which drivers are this?are the made by microsoft or they are the real deal from hardware manufacturer.......

Thanx

A:Windows 7 Update drivers

They are from the manufacturer. But it is strongly advised to never use them from Microsoft anyhow. Always visit the manufacturers' websites for drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/45334-windows-7-update-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm not very tech savvy. I finally gave in and updated to windows 10. Do I need to update drivers for this to work properly?

A:do i need to update drivers for windows 10 on my a...

Hi, You will see if you are lucky. There are plenty of complains for the VN7-591G on the forum regariding the wireless drivers, and the Intel HD graphics driver after update to windows 10. So, if you experience problems you should try to update the drivers for these two. But I would suggest to install the windows 10 drivers for everything after update, just to be sure. BUT, if your current wireless driver works well, I don't recommend to update it. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/do-i-need-to-update-drivers-for-windows-10-on-my-aspire-vn7-591g/td-p/444603
Relevancy 58.48%

Will there be Driver updates for Windows 10 of HP ENVY 700-010xt CTO Desktop PC ?

All my posts are my opinion.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Update-Drivers-for-WIndows-10/td-p/5712736
Relevancy 58.48%

Will there be Driver(s) updates for Windows 10 of HP ENVY 700-010xt CTO Desktop PC ?

All my posts are my opinion.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Update-Drivers-for-WIndows-10/td-p/5712721
Relevancy 58.48%

Im using ati 4670 1gb gpu,
The problem is, I want update my display drivers.
I downloaded latest amd drivers but when im installing amd 13.9 version drivers that time installation complete. .
But when I launch nfs rivals game. Screen splash with error.."please update drivers, you are using ati 10.5 old drivers please install ati 13.4 or later".
Please help to sort out this problem

A:I cant update amd 13.9 drivers on windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by girish889

Im using ati 4670 1gb gpu,
The problem is, I want update my display drivers.
I downloaded latest amd drivers but when im installing amd 13.9 version drivers that time installation complete. .
But when I launch nfs rivals game. Screen splash with error.."please update drivers, you are using ati 10.5 old drivers please install ati 13.4 or later".
Please help to sort out this problem

Did you get the correct 13.9 drivers for your "legacy" HD4670?

AMD has two driver branches now, with HD4xxx and below using "legacy" version, and HD5xxx and above using active WHQL. You can't succeed in installing the wrong driver for your hardware, and the installation log should show that the Display Driver WAS NOT INSTALLED (or rather, it won't appear on the log list of those things that actually did get installed).

When doing a "custom install", the list of components eligible for installation would be presented. If you try to use the wrong driver for your hardware, the Display Driver item won't show up in the list. So this is another clue you're trying to install the wrong driver package for your hardware.

All that said, are you trying to install the correct "legacy" 13.9 driver??

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/338991-i-cant-update-amd-13-9-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Since a in Windows Update Drivers few day I have Windows Pro RTM Dreamspark fully activated on an Asus N VZ Works pretty well but driver availability through Windows Update is well almost non-existant Most drivers I need exist for Windows in Windows Update without problems Of course the drivers are available also signed from the website of the companies I also had Windows from MSDNAA back then and IIRC all drivers where available in Windows Update from the beginning What's missing Realtek HD Audio signed Win drivers exist on Realtek site I was pretty surprised that these aren't on Windows Update because they were always there from the beginning back to WinXP times NVIDIA drivers for the M notebook GPU I read news from March that Nvidia provides them in Windows update but this was for the Consumer Preview did they stop for RTM Why What I also find strange ist that the nvidia website only offers beta Drivers in Windows Update drivers for this GPU but if you use Google you will also find non-beta working stable drivers On my Win laptop I got the new MS Device Center but on Win with the exact same mouse Comfort Mouse I first got IntelliPoint what's supposed to be outdated with the new Center which was desogned for Win Just uninstalled IntelliPoint and tried again I don't get anything mouse-related now in Windows Update Was this a mistake by MS On the MS site I only find the Center for the Release Preview versions of Windows Is this thing not finished What mouse driver should I take Are there any websites that have information about the driver availibility End of october everything needs to be finished when Win comes to the stores Or do I have to change a setting in Windows in order to get driver updates this was never the case in XP and

A:Drivers in Windows Update

I personally don't depend on Windows update for my drivers. I go directly to the manufacturer for the latest and greatest. I've found in the past that the Windows update supplied drivers are rather generic and are often missing some of the features and functionality provided in the manufacturers drivers. There will be a lot of hardware that will never get a Windows 8 driver. Its up to the manufacturer to supply the drivers to Microsoft, if they want to. They may decide that that particular model is old enough that they won't bother updating the driver at all. I've also found that the Microsoft supplied drivers become outdated rather quickly.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9261-drivers-windows-update.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Whats the best way of updating my drivers on windows 7 please?

I have a 32 bit chip. Thanks.

A:How do I update drivers on windows 7?

I do not claim that it is the best way, but device drivers can be updated using the driver update facility in Windows 7.

1. Click on the Start button at the bottom left of the screen

2. In the line with "Search for programs and files" written in it, type "Device Manager" and then open Device Manager by clicking on it in the window that comes up. A warning that administrator permission is need to change anything might come up but that can be ignored for the time being.

3. In the Device Manager window, select the device you are interested in and click on it - for example Monitors - then click on the subfolder which describes the actual device you have.

4. In the window that comes up, click on "Change Settings" - administrator permission is now required.

5.Click on the driver tag and then Update Driver.

I am personally wary of updating drivers unless there is some need to do it. There are probably quicker ways of doing it than what  have described.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601157/how-do-i-update-drivers-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All,

I'm having a serious issue. I left my desktop on last night and I think it automatically tried installing a critical update. Now the the computer is in a continuous reboot.

1 - Gateway logo comes up
2 - Windows logo appears
3 - Just a blank screen
4 - BSOD flashes for 1/2 a second and goes back to Gateway
5 - Then goes into "Windows Error Recovery"

Keeps rebooting into "Windows Error Recovery" and there are two choices:

1 - Launch Startup Recover
2 - Launch Windows Normally

I've tried all the options under startup recovery but my desktop keeps rebooting into that mode.

I am running Windows Vista x64. Any ideas why this is happening? I do have the Gateway OS disk but I do not want to reformat as there are a lot of things I did not back up.

I've tried the del pending.xml but that doesn't work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows Vista keeps rebooting into Windows Error Recover - Startup Repair

One thing to mention is that the last thing I downloaded was AVG's free antivirus program. I also downloaded their PC Tuneup package and ran it once. It was doing some registry cleaning.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-keeps-rebooting-into-windows-error-recover-startup-repair-623993.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Alright so I'm getting these errors first startup files windows repair and Windows loading error 7, is when I turn on my laptop I get the windows is loading files before it just use to freeze there Now it goes to Startup Repair and after the scan is done it says quot Startup Repair cannot repair this computer autmatically it gives me two options send information about this problem and don't send both are useless and nothing happens In problem details it says this Problem Signature Problem Windows 7, windows is loading files and startup repair error Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature unkown OS Version Locale ID After this it says something about Read our privacy statement online I don't have any repair disc nor a Windows installation disc so if there is any other way to fix this please let me know I also have a secondary OS Installed on this computer it used a GRUB menu but I replaced it using the command prompt bootrec exe in the Startup Repair This OS made a lot of partitions but I never choose to Windows 7, windows is loading files and startup repair error replace any Windows partition I don't know if this can help I had another problem before this when I deleted the partition in which the GRUB boot menu was at meaning I couldn't access any OS I fixed it installing anpther OS with a new Grub menu which replaced the deleted one Both OS's worked fine until I shut my laptop down and tried to access windows in the bootmenu this error happen at first it just froze at the quot windows is loading files quot But I don't know what I did and it goes to the startup repair Specs Windows Home Premium GB RAM TB Hard drive Dell Inspiron

A:Windows 7, windows is loading files and startup repair error

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/318705-windows-7-windows-loading-files-startup-repair-error.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all I have recently bought a new Windows system and startup hangs installing graphics 7 drivers Nvidia after on Windows am having a problem installing the graphics card drivers The store I bought it from pre-installed the OS and all the drivers and when I fired up the computer for the first time it got to the point just after the quot starting windows quot screen - the glowing windows logo desktop background appeared but the mouse pointer icons task bar start button etc did not appear and I could do nothing at that point other than turn off the computer So I restarted the computer booted in safe mode used system recovery to restore to a previous point and then I was able to start the computer properly Then using the process of elimination I figured out that the graphics card drivers were causing the hanging problem The card is an Nvidia GeForce MB The other specs for the computer are as follows Motherboard MSI H M-E OS Windows Home Premium -bit CPU Intel i Windows 7 hangs on startup after installing Nvidia graphics drivers GB RAM So how can I get around this problem with my graphics card drivers stopping Windows from starting properly I was trying to install the latest driver package available from Nvidia's website

A:Windows 7 hangs on startup after installing Nvidia graphics drivers

I had a similar problem: I downloaded the driver for my Nvidia GF 8200 M G graphics card from NVidia's website, and when I started the setup program, it told me that I didn't have required hardware or software.

To solve this problem, I suggest you to use a software called DriverMax (available from Download DriverMax and update your Windows Vista drivers, a short registration is needed after installing it) In the main window, click "Check for driver updates", and the results will be shown in your web browser. Find your graphics adapter, and download the driver for it. Your browser will attempt to download a file with a .dmx-info extension, that's only an information file, which contains, from where the driver needs to be acquired.

After adding the driver to the downlaod list, wait until it's downloaded. Then click Install drivers. After the procedure a system reboot will be required.

I hope it helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/112285-windows-7-hangs-startup-after-installing-nvidia-graphics-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I've just bought a brand new Asus X LB laptop Then I installed windows tenterprise x Then I put the DVD which I got with my laptop install VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR screen startup Can't windows black drivers on into the rom and started installing drivers There were of them The first were istalled smoothly then it was realtek LAN driver It didn't finish because i got this blue screen VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR telling me laptop has to reboot Then the windows is loading and at the moment when the screen has to show users suddenly Can't install drivers VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR black screen on windows startup the screen turns off then turns on again but still black I was waiting for minutes but it Can't install drivers VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR black screen on windows startup remain black only the cursor showing itself when moving So I turned off the laptop Then turned on again and still the same black screen Then I hold the power button for a few seconds So I was able to start windows again I've tried skip this driver and move to ralink wireless LAN driver And the same old story again I have no clue what can cause all this nonsense How I supposed to install my drivers Even without installing them may this error occur again Please help

A:Can't install drivers VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR black screen on windows startup

try this Audio driver

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audiao_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017023.zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cant-install-drivers-video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error-black-screen-on-windows-startup-883057.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hy all again this is not related to Windows Vista Or Windows it might work on them too it Workes on windows XP So i installed on my laptop windows xp professional Sp and it all went fine i installed my drivers i eaven installed all the windows updates and some programs i noticed when i restart my windows xp takes ages to log in I pres my user icon to log in i input the password and it just taking like - seconds to go to the desktop and no it doesnt goes to the desktop it kinda loads the desktop slow windows SOLVED down drivers startup !!! WiFi Intel butt it takes ages for the icons to show upp like - minutes and after only thaaat i can use the computer and that PISSED ME OFF first i didn t know what was the problem afte a numerous days and uninstalled some programs i found out that the little intel Wireless program that i installed caused the Intel WiFi drivers slow down windows startup SOLVED !!! problems it was a INTEL Intel WiFi Link and Intel WiFi Link program So what i did to make my windows Xp startup to be normal Intel WiFi drivers slow down windows startup SOLVED !!! Do the following Uninstall the Intel Wifi Software restart computer laptop Costumize install the software and uncheck all softwares that cames with the package only leaving the quot Intel R WiFi Link Driver quot checked check the picture that i uploaded After that when you are done restart the machine Now voila your windows XP goes in your user in - seconds u dont have to wait for it like and a half minutes to load the user profile Now this is working on Windows Xp all Xp sp sp sp the cause was the intel WiFi software program for some reason it loaded extreamly slow when accesing the user profile Now it might work on other Windows versions like Vista or Seven im not sure with it but if u have this kinda problem just try my pases -Uninstal -Costumize Install -Reboot -See if it works Thats it bbye all Roli - Oradea

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271996-intel-wifi-drivers-slow-down-windows-startup-solved.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I noticed bluetooth drivers from Toshiba showing up in WU for my Asus laptop that baffle me , never saw them before in years .

I included some screenshot's to show everyone and it appears it won't work .

Thanks for any information.

A:Bluetooth drivers appear in Windows update but never seen before.

Hi ... these would seem to be old Drivers ... Your Laptop originally had Bluetooth ? ...
Looking on the Asus Website that would seem to be the case ...

Notebooks & Ultrabooks - U56E - ASUS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/359852-bluetooth-drivers-appear-windows-update-but-never-seen-before.html