Windows Support Forum

physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Q: physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

my computer and i have been companions through a lot in the past years and i have always managed to make it work since buying it i not windows detected, memory cannot physical up boot have only formatted it once and that was about a year and a physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up half back hardware gb ram gts nvidia graphic card amd phenom x so this is what happened i had left the physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up computer on for abput hours and had switched off the moniter when i returned the diplay didnt work i thought it must be a problem with the connecteing cord so i tried to shake it when nothing worked i turned the whole system offf the main electricity cord after some time it was a slow start but it worked later blue scren appeared and said windows did so to prevent damage to files and restarted once that happened my pc said something about lack of external memory as windows cannot be booted whenever i have tried same has happened fan andights areworking but nothing appears

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Please...be exact when reporting error messages.  They are important clues, which...if not properly reported...lead down the wrong path.

System manufacture and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505930/physical-memory-not-detected-windows-cannot-boot-up/
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently upgraded my Windows 7 laptop from 4GB of physical memory to 8 GB. The Bios immediately recognized the added memory but it appears the Task Manager physical memory has not changed and only recognizes ~3.5 GB of available memory. Is there a way
to have Task Manager recognize the added memory? Is the fact that the Task Manager does not recognize the added memory mean other functions are not recognizing the added memory?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/42a23dae-6a29-4635-9ec3-5d3ba7a0ef7f/windows-7-physical-memory-upgrade-and-task-manager-physical-memory?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys This is my first post as i can 12mb, Physical total Avaiable memory memory Physical = 1gb = usually find my answers elsewhere but this time ive had no luck I am running windows xp sp professional -bit and have recently upgraded my RAM from a mb MB to a MB MB Avaiable Physical memory = 12mb, Physical memory total = 1gb set up When i did this upgrade i got an enjoyable multi-tasking boost so i again upgraded to a GB GB set up Again another good performance boost But over the last three days the pc has become slower and slower today when i checked 'system information' i found that windows was recognising the GB physical memory as it Avaiable Physical memory = 12mb, Physical memory total = 1gb had when i first installed it but instead Avaiable Physical memory = 12mb, Physical memory total = 1gb of having between MB- MB of 'available physical memory' after a boot up i was sitting on MB of available physical memory I tried reinstalling the two GB RAM sticks changing their order then returned to the MB MB set up but had the same problem except i now have only MB of available physical memory Screenshots taken in system information are during this time I cannot find anyway to fix this and my computer has slowed to a virtually unusable state Any suggestions would be fantastic Thanks in advance Ethire IMG http s wfdds uyz Desktop Stats jpg IMG

A:Avaiable Physical memory = 12mb, Physical memory total = 1gb

It's been a while since I had to troubleshoot an XP system, but I'll give it a shot. it sounds like you have a memory leak, which means a program that uses more and more memory. What process in Task Manager is using up the memory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/249885-avaiable-physical-memory-12mb-physical-memory-total-1gb.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My computer was getting slower and slower and I d had a couple of virus issues and XP Dumping Physical - Problems Boot Memory reinstallations that seemed to be messing things up So I backed up all my important files - documents and music and so forth Had the hard disk reformatted and partitioned Installed was Windows XP professional Office XP and Norton Anti-Virus Dumping Physical Memory - Boot Problems I asked for the first two but didn t want Norton Anyway I get it back home and download and install - firefox zonealarm spybot soulseek adobe acrobat In the time between connecting to the net and getting firefox and zonealarm up and running it had caught three viruses trojans malware which I caught and cleaned with Norton Spybot Task Manager Regedit and Hijack This The next day I downloaded the updates for Norton then I went off to do something for a couple of hours leaving the computer on When I came back it had slowed right down takign mins plus to close firefox etc I eventually got it shut down then when I reboot I get to the XP loading screen then get Dumping Physical Memory - Boot Problems a brief flash of blue screen that says something about the registry and dumping physical memory then the screen flashes off and the computer reboots I am asked if I want to start in safe mode have tired all four modes only to have the computer freeze halfway through the boot Anyone any idea a What is going on and b What I can do about it Oh I also disabled microsoft messenger using instrcutions found on PC Hell and since the reformat it didn t recognise the USB composite device until I had uninstalled it from device manager and reinstalled If I shut the computer down when I rebooted it would no longer recognise the USB composite device Computer Specs Windows XP Professional AMD Athlon GB HDD MB RAM ------------------------------------- I m computer semi-literate nbsp

A:Dumping Physical Memory - Boot Problems

I think you're right about Norton and I'd suspect that the download on day 2 failed. If you can get into Safe Mode and untick all the Norton/Symantec entries in msconfig you could have a chance of getting back to Normal Mode. If you can't get as far as Safe Mode, put in the XP CD and ignore the first "R" option, go ahead agree to the EULA and accept the second Repair option, which should make any necessary adjustments to the Registry. Your other installed programmes and data shouldn't suffer as they would in the first Recovery option. Then untick the Norton entries from Startup tab in msconfig, then go online and download AVG or something.

Do you have XP Service Pack 2? If not it would be a good idea to install it straight after the repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dumping-physical-memory-boot-problems.308113/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all I have a problem in booting my computer I don't know computer stuff very well so I dump! due boot physical to memory computer my Can't hope Can't boot my computer due to physical memory dump! you guys can give me a hand It is Windows bit laptop from Dell I have installed Ubuntu on my computer separately When I try to boot my computer it runs into a blue screen The blue screen disappears very quickly and then the computer will restart again I guess the last line of the blue screen is something like physical memory dump I tried to boot my computer in safe mode but it stops at CLASSPNS SYS I have also tried Can't boot my computer due to physical memory dump! to use the startup repair but in vain I Can't boot my computer due to physical memory dump! can't do system recovery because it doesn't have a recovery point I used the Dell diagnosis tool and ran some tests It seems that the diagnosis tool can't detect my hard drive But it is a little bit strange to me because I can access files in my Windows using Ubuntu Can you give me some suggestions on how to solve the problem Thank you very much

A:Can't boot my computer due to physical memory dump!

Hi lucien1011 Welcome to Seven Forums.
When possible:
To help us help you would you please add your systems specs? Here's how: System Info - See Your System Specs
Under System Manufacturer/Model Number add whether it is a desktop or laptop and whether self built.

Log in to Seven Forums and you will be able to transfer the info directly to the specs page in your profile from within the System Info app.
After doing this your specs will be available in each of your posts. Click on My system Specs in the lower left of this post to see how it should look.
Full instructions are in the tutorial.
the last line of the BSOD is telling you it is creating a dump files which will contain info about the reason of the crash. Follow this tutorial and post in this same thread and the BSOD team will help you.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post836073

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264096-cant-boot-my-computer-due-physical-memory-dump.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Quote: Originally Posted by lucien1011

Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30

Quote: Originally Posted by lucien1011

It is Windows 7 64 bit laptop, from Dell. I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my computer separately.

Is this on a separate partition and did the issue start right after the Ubuntu install?

It is on a separate partition.

No, it didn't. In fact I have been using both Windows 7 and ubuntu for over a year and it works fine. The issue appeared few days ago.

Hey guys,
I am having the same problem. Fortunately i had Ubuntu 12.04 Installed on another partition which helps me access this thread here. Please tell me how do i correct the BSOD problem on my Windows 7 32bit Startup

A:Can't boot my computer due to physical memory dump!

You cannot boot into windows right? What is your bootloader, MBR or GRUB?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264580-cant-boot-my-computer-due-physical-memory-dump.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys,
I know you're likely sick of Physical Memory Dump threads, but I'm completely stumped on this one.

Windows XP Pro, SP3: physical memory dump every time I start the computer. First "fixed" it by simply running only one of the two sticks of RAM, but now it dumps even with just one.

Windows 7 HP: works just fine.

Clearly, the hardware seems to be just fine. Otherwise, the Win7 partition wouldn't work - right? If this is something you could help me with, please let me know if there's any other information I can provide to aid in the troubleshooting. Thanks!

A:Physical memory dump on one OS of dual boot system

Update: I've got XP working with 1 stick of RAM again, but it boots up and dumps twice before booting and staying up the third time. Any ideas? Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/physical-memory-dump-on-one-os-of-dual-boot-system.157825/
Relevancy 67.08%

I just installed XP on a separate partition on my hard drive, but soon realized that the proportions were really messed up and that I didn't want to use XP anymore. I had to download vistabootPRO to get Vista working again, and then I cleared the partition that had XP on it. After I did that, all of the space (3.3GB) is now "Unallocated Space". Though I guess that isn't the real problem, as soon as I log into my account (I just checked this when I restarted, before starting any applications) my physical memory shoots up to about 75%. I am guessing there are still some remnants of the XP installation somewhere, and I have no idea how to clear that up. Any ideas?

A:No Physical Memory Left after Uninstalling Dual Boot

where are you getting the physical memory info? One thing I noticed about vista is when you start it, it puts most of your memory into cache and then use it as needed. This means there will be very little left under free.

Winxp should not affect the running of vista since it was in a different partition/drive. It makes no difference whether or not its installed or uninstalled.

You can get back the unallocated harddrive space by formating it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-physical-memory-left-after-uninstalling-dual-boot-228945.html
Relevancy 66.22%

When I try to reboot in safe mode, it freezes while loading.... Cant figure out why or where to start with a solution....

also, my comp is running on roughly 50% (or more) load on the physical memory, with insanely high (in my own opinion) process usage....

I've got a Toshiba Satelite A85-S107 laptop
1.4Ghz Intel Celeron M
703 megs of ram

Can someone steer me in the right direction to solve my woes?
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated....

Thanks in advance

Chef Robert Maner

A:Trying To Boot In Safe Mode Freezes, 50% Physical Memory Load....

Are you saying Windows will load normally, but not in safe mode?

Or Windows won't boot at all?

BTW, welcome to BC!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38347/trying-to-boot-in-safe-mode-freezes-50-physical-memory-load/
Relevancy 65.79%

Can anyone tell me if this looks normal for Windows Vista 64? I have 8 gigs of installed memory but only 4 gigs of total memory. I checked Bios and I do not see an option to change my RAM. This is what I found in MSCONFIG:

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.47 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 14.4 GB

system properties:
Processor: Intel(R) CORE(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz

Rating: 5.9
Memory (RAM): 8.00GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

I am using 64 bit vista ultimate

Thanks

A:installed physical memory vs total physical memory

well do you have a seperate video card or is it on board? if it is on board it will use some of your ram for video. some for sound.

but it still looks a little low to me.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236058-installed-physical-memory-vs-total-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Windows 7 64-bit is using too much physical memory lately, which slows down the computer significantly. Any thoughts?

A:Windows 7 64-bit using too much physical memory

Hello Plainview and welcome to the forums

Can you download Process Explorer please?

Process Explorer

Save it to your Desktop, run it, then click File > Save as and save the log to your Desktop. Copy and paste this into your next post please.

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276990-windows-7-64-bit-using-too-much-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am running Windows XP Professional. I tried to install some new ram I just bought. ( DDR 2100 256MB ). The bios shows that i have 256 megs of ram but as soon as windows gets up I get a physical memory dump with the message "Registry Error". Is there any way to find out what the problem is and/or would doing a clean install of my system solve the problem? Any information would be very helpful. Thank you!

-David Smith

A:Physical Memory Dump In Windows XP Pro

Hiya and Welcome

Have you tried taking the new memory out and seeing if the error comes up again? Also, is this the correct RAM for your PC? Do you know the make and version of your MotherBoard?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/physical-memory-dump-in-windows-xp-pro.56677/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Everyone I have had this problem for the past week or so on and off where my computer will covert all free memory into cached memory At first I ran a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and ESET online scanner it reported a couple problems so I removed them and restarted everything seemed fine Now every couple days this process occurs again and Memory Physical bit Windows No Free 7 64 it is starting to worry me I have run both programs again and nothing is being picked up It is not causing any physical slowness in general operation using chrome or one to two programs but I cannot download anything through services like steam now because the download simply stops It also causes major issues with performance on any game I run when the free memory is One thing I No Free Physical Memory Windows 7 64 bit should mention is that the free memory slowly goes down until if i'm not running anything but if I am and I close the program some free memory will come back - mb then it will be converted into cached again So I am unsure of what to do as this is a reoccurring problem I cant seem to solve Thank you for your time Mat

A:No Free Physical Memory Windows 7 64 bit

Well...system manufacturer and model?

How much RAM installed?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536756/no-free-physical-memory-windows-7-64-bit/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have had this error several times over the past few months but this time was the last straw. Any help would be most appreciated. Here is the minidump file: 051510-20264-01.dmp

A:Windows 7 physical memory dump during games

Hi,

You a have TDR error which is a video error.

Make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers: Drivers & Software

Also make sure your graphics card is not overheating - check temps when it is under stress.

Regards,
Reventon

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8005cf34e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800300640c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+640c
fffff880`0300640c 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`059359c8 fffff880`02ce0ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`05cf34e0 fffff880`0300640c 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`059359d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`05cf34e0 fffff880`0300640c 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgkrnl+0x5cef8
fffff880`059359d8 fffffa80`05cf34e0 : fffff880`0300640c 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`059359e0 fffff880`0300640c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`05cf34e0
fffff880`059359e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02ce0c02 : atikmpag+0x640c
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+640c
fffff880`0300640c 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 4

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+640c

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4bbbde92

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

Followup: MachineOwner

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85009-windows-7-physical-memory-dump-during-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there This is my first post and hopefully memory Windows 7 BSOD physical dump i will get some help I am getting this BSOD sometimes randomly and have just noticed that I get it while trying to reactivate avast or uninstall or upgrading or repairing avast A program I liked and that worked until a while ago I run Windows 7 BSOD physical memory dump OS - Windows x What was original installed OS Windows 7 BSOD physical memory dump on system Nothing - i've built my computer and got the OS from my university Age of system hardware probably - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS dont know AMD Athlon II x NVIDIA Geforce GTS msi gf m-p msi gf m-p watt Earthwatts I have followed the guide and am posting the files correctly i hope Other weird things with my computer I keep getting exe can not be validated and get to chose between ignore ignore always cancel This is really annoying and perhaps an indicator of something wrong I also have a print spool problem but perhaps this is the wrong forum for this

A:Windows 7 BSOD physical memory dump

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diags ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

FWIW - I suspect a malware infection, so please run the antimalware scans and post back if it finds anything. We'll move on from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-physical-memory-dump-636784.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I cannot reload windows because I get the blue screen and or Physical memory dump When Windows Dump Memory not Physical loading I load into windows Nothing comes up when I run task manager and quot run quot I used to be able Physical Memory Dump Windows not loading to type explorer and windows Physical Memory Dump Windows not loading would pop up Now I get a permission denied error I'm currently running windows in safe mode w networking Which allows me to get into windows properly There is definately a virus on this computer that AVG cannot completely remove Here is my Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS TEMP hfe tmpC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www dell comF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system ntos exe O - BHO no name - D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - C WINDOWS system byXQJBRI dll file missing O - BHO no name - c - f - a - a f- e b dd ddd - C WINDOWS system mijikive dll file missing O - BHO C WINDOWS system jkse hedfdgf dll - C BF A - F - BD-F - C D - C WINDOWS system jkse hedfdgf dll file missing O - BHO no name - D E EB - BF- - D- C D DBA - C WINDOWS system geBspppm dll file missing O - BHO cbaf b - f - c -d -a a d - d a - a- d- c - f b fabc - C WINDOWS system oggpay dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXEO - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run CTXFIREG CTxfiReg exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run VerizonServicepoint exe quot C Program Files Verizon VSP VerizonServicepoint exe quot AUTORUNO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run rs net C WINDOWS System rs net exeO - HKLM Run gebavorupo Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system jezegisu dll quot sO - HKLM Run e f rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system tevozenu dll quot bO - HKLM Run CPM d b Rundll exe quot c windows system wufajuse dll quot aO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe q... Read more

A:Physical Memory Dump Windows not loading

I forgot to mention that I did take my computer to a repair shop. I was told that windows could not be reloaded because my motherboard is shot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199606/physical-memory-dump-windows-not-loading/
Relevancy 61.49%

In task manager I can see the process svchost.exe taking up anywhere from 5-25% of my CPU usage, and much more of my Physical Memory usage (constantly between 70-90%).

I used process explorer to open up the threads for svchost.exe and I can see multiple instances of ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart using up to 10% of my CPU and having very high "Cycles Delta" numbers. Not sure if that is the source of my problems or how I would fix that if it is.

Dell Latitude E6430 Intel Core I5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz 4 GB RAM Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks,
Griff

A:Windows process using tons of my physical memory

Does this happen when idle? Or only if you're running applications?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-process-using-tons-of-my-physical-memory.1135229/
Relevancy 61.49%

Can anyone help me!!! My Cpu usage is 0% but physical memory is 27 %, 33 processes and i dont have any programms installed just my driver for my video card and sound card!!!

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit (Physical Memory)

Quote: Originally Posted by RPCMKD

Can anyone help me!!! My Cpu usage is 0% but physical memory is 27 %, 33 processes and i dont have any programms installed just my driver for my video card and sound card!!!

And that is a problem why? win 7 usually has far more processes than that, and it puts some of its memory in a fast cache for when you need it.

It is perfectly normal

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/147568-windows-7-ultimate-32bit-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Whenever I boot up my Dell Windows Home: dumping XP memory physical Dimensions system running Windows XP Home it goes through the POST tests on start detecting hard drives and such then a grey bar quot fills up quot across the width of the screen then Windows XP Home: dumping physical memory it goes to this screen with a blue background and it s giving a few different messages It started with STOP c Registry File Failure Registry cannot load Hive file SystemRoot System Config System its log its memory is corrupt absent or not writable Dumping physical memory to disk physical memory dump complete contact your administrator or system support group for further assistance It automatically rebooted again This time it went through the POST and then showed another blue screen like mentioned above only this time the file was SystemRoot System Config DEFAULT went through that process of dumping the physical memory then the next file was SystemRoot System Config DEFAULT Windows XP loading screen showed then another Auto Reboot Then another dumping physical memory with another file SystemRoot System Config Security After this about minutes or so I gave up and just gave up I tried booting into Safe Mode as well as Safe Mode with Command Prompt and none worked It resulted in more Registry File Failures dumping memory to disk crap So as it is now I am unable to boot into Windows at all and Im kinda lost here What could be causing this and how can I stop it or fix it Thanks for your anticipated help nbsp

A:Windows XP Home: dumping physical memory

did you get a response by email or something because i am having the same problem. have you fixed it yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-dumping-physical-memory.408167/
Relevancy 61.49%

Our desktop computer had slowed to a near stop. I checked task manager. No applications are running. I checked memory usage. 93% physical memory is being used. The largest portion of that, well over 1,000,000, is being used by explorer.exe. Again, I tested it after I had closed all programs (which took forever and kept blacking out the screen) and windows. We have an external drive that has been working fine and suddenly is not being read by the computer. Don't know if it is all part of the same program. Were running a diagnostic on it and the diagnostic quit. No processes for the dianotic were still running to cause the high memory. Help!!

A:Windows 7 93% physical memory usage by explorer.exe

Hi jmatdrama,

What is the brand/model of your computer? Did this problem recently started happening? Have you installed any programs recently? Boot your computer to safe mode and try running a virus scan. Another thing you can do is to run a check disk repair. Here are the instructions on how to perform a check disk repair on your computer: Check your hard disk for errors

Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-93-physical-memory-usage-by-explorer-exe-682664.html
Relevancy 61.49%

When I turn on the computer, windows will not start up. Instead I get the following message...

The registry cannot load the hive (file):
\systemroot\system32\config\software
beginning dump of physical memory...

...something like that

Anyway, what can I do to fix it? The operating system is Windows XP

thanks

A:Windows not starting, physical memory dump?...

How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-starting-physical-memory-dump.642340/
Relevancy 61.49%

My total physical memory (64.00MB) is less than my available physical memory (126.73MB).

That's what System Information is telling me. What gives? "Total" should be more than "available."

I've an old Dell running WinXP which I only use for wordprocessing and email.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

A:Total physical memory LESS THAN available physical memory?

Total physical memory is the amount of RAM you have. (64 mb)

Windows xp automatically uses hard drive memory as if it is RAM if necessary. This is called virtual memory.

Sooo...you have 64 mb of ram, and an additional 64 mb of "virtual" ram from your hard drive.
There is nothing wrong...this is simply how windows xp works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/total-physical-memory-less-than-available-physical-memory.605433/
Relevancy 61.06%

I happened to notice that in System Information, my Total Physical Memory (7.47 GB) is a lot higher than the Available Physical Memory (4.97 GB). Can anyone explain this to me? I just want to make sure nothing is wrong. I've updated my bios and am using the latest windows 10 home (64bit) updates. My graphics and everything are also up to date. Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHzMemory: 8192MB RAMPage file: 3006MB used, 6051MB availableDirectX Version: 12NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (Approx. total Memory: 5814 MB)Thanks

A:Total Physical Memory is much more than Available Physical

That's normal.available physical memory is less than totalhttps://www.google.com.au/webhp?hl=...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/total-physical-memory-is-much-more-than-available-physical/447.html
Relevancy 60.63%

The detailed report of the problem is given below,
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 16393

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 00000000000C08A5
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102511-16723-01.dmp
C:\Users\Badri\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30700-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Skydrive link for dmp file : https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...sid=FED34CF249F119F6!102&authkey=*qVuhPCxwa0$
Im not a expert in analysing the dump file. Any help to point out the reason for the crash would be great. Its a brand new laptop machine.

A:Windows reboot and dumps to physical memory - BSOD

From the recommendations found over internet, I'm done with tests like

chkdsk /r and sfc /scannow

and found nothing negative in the results. (no bad sectors and no integrity violations found)

Any one tell me the real root cause from the dump file I have given?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-reboot-and-dumps-to-physical-memory-bsod.1023976/
Relevancy 60.63%

I need help, I just buyed a new Computer with ASrock K7VT2 and AMD XP 2200. I tried to clean install my Windows XP Pro, but after the files copied and the windows boot from HD to continue the installation, the "Dump physical memory" always occured. It said that I should turn off the HD Chaching or Shadowing from BIOS, but there's no option about such things on my BIOS, so I can't even complete the Installation of the Windows. Can someone help me ?
I have a Geforce4 MX video card and 512 MB memory.
Thanx.

A:Windows XP can't install, Dump physical memory error

I believe the problem may be the video card .See the attached link for more link

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-cant-install-dump-physical-memory-error.134978/
Relevancy 60.63%

Why is my physical memory so high in Windows 7 starter?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 987 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 140006 MB, Free - 70154 MB; D: Total - 12316 MB, Free - 2044 MB; E: Total - 98 MB, Free - 92 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3660
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello Whenever I boot up my AMD Athlon system running Windows XP Home it goes through the POST tests on start detecting hard drives and such then a grey bar quot fills up quot across the width of the screen then Home: memory physical XP dumping Windows to disk? it goes to this screen with a blue Windows XP Home: dumping physical memory to disk? background and it s giving a few different messages It started with STOP c Registry File Failure Registry cannot load Hive file SystemRoot System Config System or its log or alternate or it is corrpt absent or not writable Dumping physical memory to disk lt percentage here gt And it had a counter percentage that was increasing when it complete it flashed a quick message to the monitor I couldnt read it it flashed by so fast So then it went to the Windows XP flash screen with the green loading bars and after a few seconds maybe - it automatically rebooted again This time it went through the POST and then showed another blue screen like mentioned above only this time the file was SystemRoot System Config DEFAULT went through that process of dumping the physical memory then the next file was SystemRoot System Config DEFAULT Windows XP loading screen showed then another Auto Reboot Then another dumping physical memory with another file SystemRoot System Config Security After this about minutes or so I gave up and just gave up I tried booting into Safe Mode as well as Safe Mode with Command Prompt and none worked It resulted in more Registry File Failures dumping memory to disk crap So as it is now I am unable to boot into Windows at all and Im kinda lost here What could be causing this and how can I stop it or fix it nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Operating System XP Computer Dell Dimension 4600.

I get a blue screen saying that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to my computer.

Tech infor provided xxx stop: OxOOOOOO7E (OxCOOOOOO5, OxBO4ECESF, OxF8AE9BBC, Ox8AE98B8

I can start back up in the safe mode or otherwise, but sometime later I get the blue screed and same message again (Different Tech info but same format).

After booting up, I get another error messsge as follows: c:/Windows?system32/ecmpoopo.dll not found.

I tried system restore, but cannot find any date that I can go back to!

Please help someone!

Fred Atterberry

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

about 2-3 days ago I noticed my computer used alot of memory just after booting up and eventually shuts down. I have a 8gb ram (around 4gb is being used since im using 32bit). Before i could play games while browser is open it used around 80~%. How do prevent the usage to going so high?

A:Windows 7 ultimate 32bit high physical memory usage

Why are you using 32-bit with 8GB RAM?

Try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/373083-windows-7-ultimate-32bit-high-physical-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer had been running fine since I bought it months ago and today all of the sudden when starting the icons won't load, nor do most of my programs. I can only run it now on safe mode and it looks like its a memory problem. The task manager shows 0 Free physical memory although barely any programs are running. Here are some screenshots to show in more detail. I'm not sure what to do, I've run Malwarebytes and removed all the objects that it detected but it hasn't salved the problem. I am thinking of reinstalling windows but I've read in other similar posts that didn't help.

Please help...

PS Excuse the photos being rotated, in safe mode I'm not even able to rotate photos.

A:Windows barely runs, 0 free physical memory problem

Memory is not your problem as you can see right at the bottom in the status bar it says "Physical Memory: 18% to 22%" that implies your memory is not even half used. The "Free" status is nothing but zeroed memory, it means nothing. "Available" is the important item you should be looking at. In either case Memory is not the cause of your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/305948-windows-barely-runs-0-free-physical-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I noticed that if I leave my PC on for a long time, and even if I don't open any application, that the RAM (Physical Memory) Usage, as reported by the "Performance" tab in Windows Task Manager, will increase as time progresses. I'm curious what will happen if I leave my PC turned on indefinitely without rebooting (several weeks, months), will the RAM usage eventually go to 100% or over, forcing windows to shut down? Is this a system design flaw inherent to Windows OS? Thanks.

A:Physical Memory Usage phenomenon, Windows design flaw?

What you're seeing is a "memory leak", an occurrence where a program claims more and more memory as it runs, but never releases it back to the OS. It's difficult to tell where it comes from, but have a look at the task manager, look for the memory usages of different programs and try to find one that increases memory consumption over time without going back.

But the problem itself may be located in a program you're running (even hidden), in a faulty driver, or even it may be a virus. I doubt that it's a problem with Windows itself, but it's not impossible of course. I leave my computer on for long periods (days, if not weeks) and never had a problem with RAM memory going short, and the few Windows-based servers that exist out there are in fact running always-on for years, with maybe a reboot once in a while, but generally no other problems.

As a routine, try a virus scan to see if you've got something nasty to discard the problem, or try safe mode and see if it repeats there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/317330-physical-memory-usage-phenomenon-windows-design-flaw.html
Relevancy 59.34%

i have an iqon laptop wont start windows kept dumping physical memory now cant even get into safe mode or any other mode error stopc0000218

A:system date 4/11/2005 xp windows keeps dumping physical memory now cant get into wind

Hi, STOP: C0000218 is a registry file failure.
How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=307545

Tapping the F10 button at start up will launch the iQon System Recovery.
This will take the Pc back to how it left the factory and all files and data will be overwritten and lost.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-date-4-11-2005-xp-windows-keeps-dumping-physical-memory-now-cant-get-into-wind.1084028/
Relevancy 59.34%

okay, well randomly when i am just using msn or whatever my computer will go onto a blue screen and then eventually reset.
it says
technical information:
"***STOP: 0x0000004E (0x00000099,0x000cc78D,0x00000003,0x00000000)

dont really hav a clue any help would b appreciated
cheers

A:windows blue screen...sumthin bout physical memory dump

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Use memtest to test your memory

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-blue-screen-sumthin-bout-physical-memory-dump-119548.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Well Today When i go to start up my computer i get a blue screen saying physical memory dump at the start up, and it crashs after a second or two of showing the blue screen. I switch ram and it does the same thing. So i pop in my windows cd and try to format and reinstall. AT around 90% of copying the files to the harddrive it says it cannot copy soandso file, and keeps sayin that to each file after then proceeds to a blue screen..

I thought it might be the harddrive so i switch to another and tried to reinstall windows and still the same thing... I also tried to do this with another windows cd and still the same thing...

Whats going on here? Is the bios corrupted? What do i do..

A:Physical dump memory, comp crash, format install windows not working

Start ruling things out. Is there another computer you could try the disk on? If it works then, you have eliminated the disk as a possible problem. Keep eliminating things it could be and that will lead you to what is causing the problem. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/physical-dump-memory-comp-crash-format-install-windows-not-working.27016/
Relevancy 58.91%

I need some help here.

I have encounter the error when I use AVG7.1 free version to scan.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071206-02.dmp.

I run memtest86 and the results are:

with dual RAM, there are tons of errors under test 8.
with individual each RAM, no errors

each set of test is done at 2 passes.

Note:

1) I have AVG 7.1 free and norton systemwork 2002 installed in my com
2) I am running xp service pack 1. I can't run xp service pack 2. whenever I installed xp service pack 2, my com will automatically restart when it enter windows.
3) Tried formatting and reinstalling windows doesn't help.

A:Physical dump memory, comp crash, format install windows not working.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

I find multiple culprits in your minidumps.

You are running two antivirus programmes. AVG and Symantec/Norton. This is not a good idea, because it can cause conflicts. You should uninstall Symantec/Norton and see if your computer becomes more stable.

I also find the the footprint of Zonealarm. Again, this may be a conflict with Symantec/Norton.

If after uninstalling your Symantec/Norton security product you still have problems, please attach more minidumps.

As for your ram errors on test 8 with both sticks, this might be caused by a ram incompatibility issue, or possible a ram timing issue.

Make sure your ram isn`t overclocked in any way.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/physical-dump-memory-comp-crash-format-install-windows-not-working.54134/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Everyone from Bleepingcomputer.com,

I am facing some issues with my laptop.

I always noticed my CPU, Memory, Physical Memory usage are running quite high.

Wonder is it normal for my computer?

I always feel the temperature is quite high and my fan keep running fast all the time even with just running some lite program. Sometimes my computer also turned to Blue Screen.

Please find the attachments to see my Task Manager. 

A:High CPU, Memory, Physical Memory Usage turn Bluescreen Problems

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603084/high-cpu-memory-physical-memory-usage-turn-bluescreen-problems/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,
I cannot use my keyboard when the PC post checks and stuff, for example when it says press del to enter setup.

However I can use the keyboard once in windows.

I am using Asus P5W64 WS Professional motherboard

Sorry:
The keyboard is a USB Microsoft one (Its like a USB and mouse through one USB)

Thanks everyone and merry xmas

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys I m in the process of fixing up an old computer for a friend This computer has been sitting Physical No Disk Detected around for a while and No Physical Disk Detected I ve swapped many parts from it I m pretty sure No Physical Disk Detected I have a bios setting wrong but I can t figure out what I m doing wrong I get the error quot No physical disk detected quot on startup The hard drive shows in bios under boot order menu but it doesn t show up under the actual boot menu it only allows me to boot from my CD DVD Drive the hard drive works I ve plugged it into my laptop using an external adapter I ve wiped the hard drive completely I am able to insert a windows disk to reinstall windows on the hard drive but the when I try to boot from the hard drive it doesn t show Any Help would be appreciated Thanks Edit I ve restored the bios to default settings and popped the cmos battery Still doesn t work swapped sata cords and everything nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

my laptop uses alot of memory. around 50%. how can i lessen the big usage? i have 2gig ram.

A:My laptop uses a big part of my Memory (physical memory)

This is normal for windows 7, it uses the memory in order to prevent un needed read/writes from the drive. This is actually something you want with a laptop because unless you have a solid state drive, laptop drives are traditionally very slow.

I don't understand why people get so upset when their memory is actually being used, that's what it is there for.
If you open a large program that requires more resources windows will unload nonessential processes from memory to the pagefile while that program is active.

Windows 7 is much better at managing memory than it's predecessors.
1 gig of used ram is pretty much expected.
This is why 1 gig is the minimum required per microsoft's specifications.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191519-my-laptop-uses-big-part-my-memory-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I'm stuck in this dilemma and I would appreciate any help that would come So here's the thing I have Windows Pro activated thanks to my activated windows pro which I just updated basically buying a new Physical Go Windows to Error by to Boot Disk Convert VHD, Win cd key is a no-go for me since Microsoft offers a free upgrade I tried to do a clean install of windows on a vhd in a USB then from my Windows to go I tried to upgrade it to Windows and got the following error a Windows cannot Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error be installed in a Virtual Disk b Windows cannot be installed in a Windows to Go Drive So it seems that the only way to go is to convert my physical disk to a vhd and turn it into windows to go which I did using the diskpart procedure I fished out of the internet Create vdisk file D Win Go vhd maximum I was going to install it in a GB Flashdrive Select vdisk file D Win Go attach vdisk detail vdisk convert mbr create partition primary format fs ntfs label 'Win Go quot quick Assign letter L And so I have a GB blank VHD Now Using AOMEI Partition Assistant I copied my entire C Drive partition to the Virtual Disk then transferred my VHD to my GB Flashdrive then I created boot entries for my Flashdrive using BCDBOOT L gt Windows System gt BCDBOOT EXE L Windows s E E is my Flashdrive drive letter and it says that boot files have been updated PROBLEM When I boot from the Flasdrive Windows Boot Loader is seen the one with the windows logo and circling little circles XD but then I always get the quot INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE quot error I tried updating the boot files of the VHD itself using BCDBOOT I also tried to fixMBR fixboot and rebuildbcd Error still exists What am I doing wrong Sorry for the lengthy details I'm still trying this stuff out thanks in advanced for the reply

A:Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error

Well with a little bit more of nosing around, I found this great program that lets me convert my physical machine into a Windows-to-go drive. Its WinToUSB.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/69820-convert-physical-disk-windows-go-vhd-boot-error.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I'm stuck in this dilemma and I would appreciate by VHD, Boot Windows Physical to Disk Convert to Go Error any help that would come I'm sorry I though that maybe since my problem is about Virtual Hard Disks then maybe this is the right section Correct me if I'm wrong So here's the thing I have Windows Pro activated thanks to my activated Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error windows pro which I just updated basically buying a new Win cd key is a no-go for me since Microsoft offers a free upgrade I tried to do a clean install of windows on a vhd in a USB then from my Windows to go I tried to upgrade it to Windows and got the following error a Windows cannot be installed in a Virtual Disk b Windows cannot be installed in a Windows to Go Drive So it seems that the only way to go is to convert my physical disk to a vhd and turn it into windows to go which I did using the diskpart procedure I fished out of the internet Create vdisk file D Win Go vhd maximum I was going to install it in a GB Flashdrive Select vdisk file D Win Go attach vdisk detail vdisk convert mbr create partition primary format fs ntfs label 'Win Go quot quick Assign letter L And so I have a GB almost blank VHD Now Using AOMEI Partition Assistant I copied my entire C Drive to the Virtual Disk then transferred my VHD to my GB Flashdrive then I created boot entries for my Flashdrive using BCDBOOT L gt Windows System gt BCDBOOT EXE L Windows s E E is my Flashdrive drive letter and it says that boot files have been updated PROBLEM When I boot from the Flasdrive Windows Boot Loader is seen the one with the windows logo and circling little circles XD but then I always get the quot INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE quot error I tried updating the boot files of the VHD itself using BCDBOOT I also tried to fixMBR fixboot and rebuildbcd Error still exists What am I doing wrong Sorry for the lengthy details I'm still trying this stuff out thanks in advanced for the reply

A:Convert Physical Disk to Windows to Go by VHD, Boot Error

Well with a little bit more of nosing around, I found this great program that lets me convert my physical machine into a Windows-to-go drive. Its WinToUSB.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/14477-convert-physical-disk-windows-go-vhd-boot-error.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Sir
I do have a question?

We have a space in harddisk ,called virtual memory.  In addition to DRAM ,Operating System  uses this  virtual memory to store and run applications. Virtual memory makes up for the need of space required.

I think that the physical memory DRAM is not needed. Virtual memory inside the hard disk is  sufficient. 

By avoiding DRAM we  can save the cost of  physical DRAM. We can also save lot of time that is involved in associating the pages between DRAM and Virtual memory.

Of course , virtual memory provided by the hard disk is slow. But  in current trends we can research , to increase the speed of magnetic drums being used by the harddisk to store data. 

Thanks ,
Ramkumar.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e014619-041a-4ee0-bfc2-f7aa279820a6/virtual-memory-vs-physical-memory?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 54.61%

If I choose to rais the amount of virtual memory the system uses does this meen that the computer will not show as much Physical Memory or not be able to utalize it?

A:Virtual Memory And Physical Memory

Virtual memory is actually not memory. It is simulated memory area on the HDD. When you are using a lot of virtual memory, your system will actually run slower. HDD access is considerably slower than RAM access. The OS will page memory out to the HDD to make more physical memory available to itself or applications, as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-memory-and-physical-memory.838375/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

A:New Laptop memory not detected by windows

Quote: Originally Posted by curtranhome

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

type msconfig in search/

Go to the advanced tab. Is "max memory" checked? if so uncheck it. Reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146875-new-laptop-memory-not-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 54.61%
A:Windows Vista, slow running, slow start up, physical memory cach is near full

This link has many programs to help clean up a slow computer!!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic366982.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402123/windows-vista-slow-running-slow-start-up-physical-memory-cach-is-near-full/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok I am literally KILLING myself over this I installed Windows Bit over XP around a month ago and it was so good that I recommended it to my brother who was previously on XP too We got him a copy of the bit version as he has only gb of memory and he installed it on his machine However he constantly had high CPU and RAM usage Even though no programs were obviously taking it all up in his task manager and it was making his computer sluggish and slow Everything was freezing and hanging and it was a nightmare I spent a day looking all over the net to find out the problem but could not fix it at all no matter what the hell I tried So he reverted back to Windows XP A nice waste of money on Windows His Windows XP now runs smoothly and is all as it was Suddenly today after my brother connected to my Windows homegroup or workgroup rather through his Windows XP machine my computer got the EXACT same problem as he had ages ago I have been browsing Google all day downloading s t changing things in my computer trying EVERY possible fix that people have CPU usage!!! 7 usage memory random and high physical Windows suggested and Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!! that sound legit Nothing works So now all of a Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!! sudden my computer is sluggish games are jumpy and jittery video rendering times are slooooooow Here is Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!! a picture of my resource monitor You can see the physical memory usage being at I've ordered the memory usage of each service in highest to lowest I just CANT see where the problem is I've tried leaving my homegroup to see if that changes anything but it just says quot Windows couldn't remove you from your homegroup quot So I searched online tried all possible fixes with no avail I've scanned my computer for malware and viruses and nothing shows If you can help me you are by sure a god and I may have you kiss you repeatedly I have never been so frustrated as I do alot of memory dependant work on my computer and this is just pure horrible Here are some extra images that may help

A:Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!!

I can tell you what is probably causing your problems. AVG.
When you are looking at memory, do not sort by Working set, sort by Hard faults.
Hard faults is what causes things to slow down. Plus you have plenty of memory not to worry about usage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/94580-windows-7-random-cpu-usage-high-physical-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Greetings I formatted my computer and after installing windows again my physical memory in task manager is very high and cpu keeps jumping up and down I looked at the processes tab but noticed absolutely nothing taking abnormal memory private working set Then moved on to performance tab gt resource monitor and found svchost I think it was netsvcs in parenthesis Jumping Windows High Cpu Physical Usage Memory Usage, 7 hogging all the memory After ending the process I still have had high memory usage and surprisingly do not see a process anywhere in task manager with high numbers next to it so I have no idea what's happening I have noticed that my windows folder keeps increasing in size currently about gigs and a helper told me that it's normal because Windows 7 Jumping Cpu Usage, High Physical Memory Usage the updates in windows have a different compression method than windows and after however when I had previously installed windows fully updated my folder size was normal so I assume it can be done I originally posted in the Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs section however I did not find malware on my computer so unless it's very new malware I am certain windows is causing this problem For antivirus I am currently using a free trial of Norton Advice P S This is probably better for the hardware section but can constant high physical memory and cpu usage ruin my hardware I am avoiding using things that take up high cpu and memory right now and it's currently about gigs phy memory cpu jumping usually - up to

A:Windows 7 Jumping Cpu Usage, High Physical Memory Usage

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607017/windows-7-jumping-cpu-usage-high-physical-memory-usage/
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to keep my computer up to date and installed Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4). When restarting after compl. of installation the windows will not start ending up with a darkblue screen with error message on top saying something like "start dumping of pyhsical memory..." When I start up inn safe mode and uninnstall/(restore to previous) Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) it boots up normally again. Can anyone pls help so I can update my windows 2000 pro..

Marius

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-start-physical-dumping-of-memory-after-installing-windows-2000-service-pack-4.278794/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a problem and its kinda urgent cos my work is all in there that needss to be handed in up tomorrow..
Ermx...Sometimes when I start my computer...they come up a blue screen saying that Unknown error on computer and it fails to start up...
begin dump of physical memory...
How do I go from there? Thanks a lot ppl...I really need it...

A:How do I get rid of physical memory..

That is what we refer to as a BSOD(Blue screen of Death) The cause could be one of many. If you care to wait it out, your machine should eventually reboot after dumping the contents of RAM to a file(hense the message about memory dump)
Many times you might get one of these and not see another for many months, other times you may get one that is related to a problem with a new piece of software or a device driver and will keep coming up till you remove the program or update/rollback the driver. They can also be related to pieces of hardware conflicting with eachother, missing or corrupt files, virus infections, and just about anything else you can imagine.
More info on the exact error message might be helpful in determining the cause of your BSOD. Also, any recent changes to the system(software and/or hardware) would be very helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-rid-of-physical-memory.16170/
Relevancy 53.75%

hello pro's

I had a prob. lately my physical memory when opening task manager dow its 26% any way to increase it???

note :::: when I play assassins creed ravolaitions it jumps up to 60% or even 80%

A:My physical memory too low

Please post specs to your system. Download speccy at: http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy then save as txt & attach to this thread. Post back!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-physical-memory-too-low.180761/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have 3gb installed on this computer
But only 762 mb physical memory. WHY .
It used to have way more physical memory
but i let my friend borrow it so im wondering. .

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

A:Low physical memory?

Welcome to the forum.

See if this tutorial helps you.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html

Post back for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/248867-low-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Why usage of the physical memory doubles to 2 GB when the machine is idle and after msconfig has been cleaned? Thanks

A:physical memory

'Cause it is Vista which has known memory management issues. Killing the startup processes in msconfig does not even begin to stop all the junk Vista is doing behind the scenes. Defragging, indexing, etc.  If you install all the Vista Service Packs and perform these tweaks: http://www.pctuneuptips.com/tips/vista_tweaks/ You can almost make Vista as clean and stable as Windows 7.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/physical-memory/td-p/5616165
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello guys,

I installed a Windows XP x86 on my PC. But when I open the system information window in the System Summary tab, in the right-hand pane and at bottom the following are written:

Total Physical memory 768.00 MB Available Physical memory 270.41 MB !!

Why Available Physical memory is 270.41 MB please?

PS: My system is very slow and also very slower when start up. Isn't that less Available Physical memory the source of that slowness?

A:Available physical memory

every program and process uses RAM theres thousands of back ground tasks going on which will all take tiny amount away. which is why you dont have much avaliable.

the fact that your system is slow is because you have such a low amount of ram in the first place. even back in 2001 1gb was the minimum most people had.

nower days 4gb+ is considered the minimum and 8gb+ is recommended for most users other than web browsers and email users.

basically more ram is your friend. its cheap and cheerful these days and an easy thing to upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337331-available-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I noticed a member of the forum had a similar problem except his solution doesn't apply to me SOLVED Physical Memory All Being Used Recently my computer has been Used Being Up Physical All Memory using all of the physical memory available - causing it to have small periods where it freezes us I have G of RAM and don't really run too many apps at once My processes usually shows processes running I don't think it's a virus or malware issue I run scans with Avast frequently The main culprit seems to be Firefox When I check the processes it seems to be using up of memory and after that is a plug-in container exe for Firefox I don't have any add-ons installed other than Download Helper I don't understand why firefox is using that much I do have a number of tabs open but they're mostly forums and some sports related tabs Physical Memory Being All Used Up that I like to have open Any Physical Memory Being All Used Up advice or help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rick

A:Physical Memory Being All Used Up

Scroll down to the lower part of this page and try that: The plugin-container.exe is using 100% cpu usage??? | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/physical-memory-being-all-used-up-611309.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a laptop that says It has a 4GB RAM. But when I check the specs out it says 3GB Physical memory only. What does it mean? I'm concerned about this because I'm trying to use Autocad Civil 3D which requires 4GB RAM. But it keeps hanging up, so I'm guessing this is due to that "3GB Physical memory" note. So I'm planning to use Civil 3d 2009 which requires 3GB RAM. But in the system requirements provided by Autodesk for Civil 3D 2009, it says to use the 3GB switch for 32-bit OS's. What does that mean? By the way I'm using windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

A:Physical Memory?

A 32-bit operating system can only access 4GB worth of address space. Into that, we need to factor in I/O devices and any other hardware. The result is that actual physical memory that can be used will range from 2.75GB to 3.25GB, dependant on the hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180104-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

First time using the forum and would appreciate any help you can give.

Kids using computer last night and today all physical memory is being eaten up by SPBBCSvc.exe and CCEVTMGR.exe?

Thanks

Michael

A:Physical Memory 100%

Both those files are associated with Symantec/Norton products. Perhaps you should uninstall and reinstall any such products you have on your computer. To uninstall these products use the Norton Removal Tool.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119998/physical-memory-100/
Relevancy 53.75%

I was wondering if there was a way to free up more physical memory on my computer. it hardly stays over 100. Please help any way would be helpful.

YK

A:Physical Memory

What's your system and how much ram do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/physical-memory-161733.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently had reason to return my PC to the store because it would not post After weeks the store said it was a RAM failure I had GB of Ram installed Eventually I got my PC returned and they had put MB of RAM in The problem is my PC can only see GB of physical memory Memory Physical I have now got three GB and one GB of ram installed My PC is preforming worse than ever I am stating to think my PC can only see or should Physical Memory i say use the GB bar for some reason Please Physical Memory see pictures below I have even tried to change the system config but it will only allow me to select mb Any advice would be really appreciated I plan to bring back to the store and I really dont want to look stupid if I am missing something as I have had a lot of trouble already with the store Many thanks in advance John

yes i have advice , take it back and tell them you want 2 x 2gig matched pair of ram fitting

what kind of muppet repair shop would fit 5 gig of ram especially in a configuration like that??!! , seriously mate they probably fitted any old bits they had lying around , JESUS!!

I cannot fathom why anyone who had an ounce of knowlage about pc's would do that , print this out , take it the store and staple it the head of the moron who "repaired" your pc

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233531-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,

I installed a Windows XP x86 on my PC. But when I open the system information window in the System Summary tab, in the right-hand pane and at bottom the following are written:

Total Physical memory 768.00 MB Available Physical memory 270.41 MB !!
Why Available Physical memory is 270.41 MB please?

PS: My system is very slow and also very slower when start up. Isn't that less Available Physical memory the source of that slowness?

A:Available physical memory, XP

You have only 1Gb of ram installed on the motherboard and XP is using 768Mb which isn't leaving much over. You need to install more ram. It depends on what you are using the computer for but I'd say you want at least 2Gb ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/available-physical-memory-xp.203737/
Relevancy 53.75%

When i start my pc it shows the following message and doesnt open the o.s

STOP:C0000218 (REGISTRY FILE FAILURE)

THE REGISTRY CANNOT LOAD THE HIVE (FILE)
\SYSTEMROOT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE OR ITS LOG OR ALTERNATE

IT'S CORRUPT, ABSENT OR NOT WRITABLE

DUMPLING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK.
PLS HELP

Your PC has a serious corruption of the Operating System it would seem.

You don't mention what the OS is, but generically speaking for NT/2K/XP you should put the OS CD in the drive and reboot.

It should boot from the CD, where you should get an option of "repair"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/physical-memory.180732/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi is there anyone out there that can advise me on how to free up my Physical Memory as i have 128MB ram on my comp and there is only 19MB left. is there anyway that some or all of this can be freed without causing problems with my computer....thanx

Also can anyone tell me what causes the Physical Memory to be taken up....thanx

Relevancy 53.75%

my physica memory is 480 mb how do I increase the ram do you thing this would cause the blue screen error

Relevancy 53.75%

When I go to the System Configuration drop down on my computer with Win XP, I notice that I have a total physical memory of 512MB. However, the next line tells me that I have only 112.7MB of memory available. So what gives? Is there an adjustment that I need to make to gain more use of my 512MB of installed memory that I have?

Hi RADSHOPBOB and welcome to TSF !

Are these the figures you got from the performances tab in the task manager (press ctrl+alt+del) ? If so it only means that Windows XP and your other running programs are currently using 400 MB of your RAM and that 112 MB remain unused. It's not unusual for XP to use as much as 300-400 MB on its own and there's no point in trying to have the maximum of free memory.

Though 512 MB or RAM is considered a minimum for XP so if you hear the hard drive working constantly or if you see that the peak value is always higher than 512 MB under comit charge in the task manager (still in the performances tab) then it means that your applications would probably work faster if you added some more RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/physical-memory-208179.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, not sure if this was the correct place to put it.

Anyway, I go into Taskmanager and I see three numbers that represent the following:

1. Processes
2. CPU Usage
3. Physical Memory

Now, I understand what the first two are, but what does Physical Memory mean?

On a side not, I also was experiencing crashes with Oblivion after the CPU usage shot to 50%+ for no apparent reason.

Thanks.

Physical Memory = Installed RAM

Keep an eye on the Resource Monitor for CPU usage -
START | type perfmon /res

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/physical-memory-531160.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

My physical memory is getting up very easily and even in idle time it is more than 90%

What I did before posting:-
I unchecked the "Enable write caching on the device" option from the Hard Disk Drive Properties under System Properties-->Disk Drives...

Still I face same issue of Physical memory being used high.

Then I found following entry in the startup using msconfig utility
Rundll32.exe "C:\Users\MFADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\unicode2.nls",0

Following files were fond in the below location
C:\Users\MFADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\unicode2.nls
C:\Users\MFADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\.data
where MFADMIN is my username.

Following entry was found in registry editor
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Rundll32.exe "C:\Users\MFADMIN\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\unicode2.nls",0

I deleted this entry but it is again and again generating an entry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Help

A:Physical memory is almost used

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505013/physical-memory-is-almost-used/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello Everyone Well its fix physical memory been a full year without but I have finally seen a blue screen stating that my physical memory is low The computer still works fine until I get the screen but I would physical memory fix like to stop its cause asap Generally the comp will only bluescreeen if im running multiple programs but I have gotten it twice just after bootup I am guessing this had physical memory fix something to do with my ram but ill let physical memory fix you helpful experienced guide me through this one I have years experience with comps and have dealt with every other issue reload windows drivers replace hardrive so im hoping to get this one straitened out also I have a year year hard drive old dell inspiron Windows xp sp gb only half full mhz processor ram I generally communicate and photo edit with my computer with some video editing in there also The bluescreen at hand is attached as an image so please let the help begin Sincerely Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I recently upgraded the study pc to windows 7 ultimate from windows xp home edition. After installing it came to my attention that the computer is running terribly slow, realising this I opened the task command and noticed that the CPU was at 100% and Physical Memory at 84%, These levels never change much although the Physical memory goes from 80 to 95. I would really appreciate some help and have included some screen shots. Thanks
David

A:CPU 100% and Physical Memory at 84% HELP!

Hello there, well, as i see, you're running Windows 7 with only 512MB of RAM and have Aero enabled? that can't be good for your RAM. of course it'll be always high. Windows 7's requierements are at least 1GB of RAM minimum, but 2GB recommended.

What processor do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/142736-cpu-100-physical-memory-84-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am new to this forum so please bare with me if my post is out of line I am somewhat concerned Physical Memory with my Physical memory reading by taskmanager I am running Windows XP Home with SP I have mb physical memory which came with the machine I believe somewhere around mb is reserved for video graphics although Physical Memory somewhere I read it could be as much Physical Memory as mb The computer is a Compaq SR ONX AMD Atholn Processor and a GB hard drive In the preformance tab of taskmanager under physical memory I show Total K Available K and System cache K My concern is should there be more available than the K or am I missinterpeting the readings I have wittled my startup msconfig to processes and my running process to from I would like to get it down further but I believe those that are still running are necessary as per internet research I am running AVG Free as my av I run AdAware and SpyBot at least twice a week as well as ewido so I believe the machine is pretty clean of nasties I have no problem with the operation of the machine just my concern over the task managers readings What brought this to my attention was the reading on my other machine It is running Windows XP with SP It is a Compaq S WM It had mb of ram with a gb hard drive I installed another mb of memory to total mb The task manager reading in it reads Total Available and System Cache I believe it has only mb reserved for video graphics I could be wrong on that My question is what can I do if anything else to increase the available memory Does SP take that much more to run And do I really have a concern Any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance for you time

The task manager may not give accurate total readings.
If you want to verify what shows as installed and what is being shared by your video card download Everest Home Edition V1.51 from oldversion.com
(you will find it in the utilities section. V1.51 is the last freeware version of Everest that has a software module which is very helpful, so get that and not later versions.

By the way, running XP on a computer without SP2 opens your computer to myriads of unpatched exploits. SP2 is primarily a security update and is critical for you to have installed.

Microsoft no longer supports computers running anything below SP2 so the absence of it means you also do not have subsequent critical updates.

I'll tell you one thing: I wouldn't want my email address to be in that computer!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67995/physical-memory/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok so you might understand this last morning i was opening pc (windows 7) then i open windows explorer it took me some time to before it pops up, when i try opening task manager my memory usage 80%-100%.my computer has 4Gb Ram .but it really doesn't make sense please take a look on my task manager.since i don't run some programs in startup that doesn't really usefull.

I don't think it's a virus/malware issue since I run frequent scans with Avast and Spybot and Malwarebytes and they aren't coming up with anything., i tried deleting the %temp% and some junk files with Ccleaner.

My PC Specs
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/394863-physical-memory-all-being-used.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Acer Aspire 5610-2273 with dual core T2060 and 1G DDR2
Physical memory constantly running at or above 85%, what's the problem?

Relevancy 53.75%

mine says

total 1917
cached 1293
free 0

does that mean i am using 1293 mb?

how can i clear it up

where did you read that

What does the bios read for memory ?
whats OS (windows XP, Mac) are you using

if windows
what does it have in
control panel
system
about halfway down - that will be physical memory seen by windows - less any shared memory used for graphics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/physical-memory.778391/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok i have two sticks or DDRDIMM PC2700 RAM. one stick is 256MB and the other is 512MB, a total of 768 MB. Although when i go to system information it says like available physical memory is 137.48 MB. Why is so muched used? Is there any way to limit the decrease?

A:Available Physical Memory.

Just above that is the total physical memory,does that say 768MB.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/available-physical-memory-80111.html
Relevancy 53.75%

my sys says 4gigs of physical memory but i have 8 gigs of stix whats up & how do i eneble the rest ?

A:physical memory

Two things

First are you running a X64 version or X86 Version? Cause if you are running a X86 you can only run 4 gigs.

Second can your mobo handle 8 gigs of ram?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232338-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a tremendous amount of process running (78) and do not know why, my physical memory is at 51% or more most of the time. Computer is running slow when on the internet. How can I clean up these processes that are not needed and are eating away at my memory? This is a new computer, less than 6 months old.

HP DV7
RAM 4.00 GB
64 bit
Intel (R) core (TM) 2 Duo CPU [email protected] 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz

A:Physical Memory at 51% 2.0 GB

download startup inspector, its a free program with a user friendly interface. just use this for programs that you think you'd want to run at startup and what you wouldnt like to run at startup, it will stop starting all those processes you dont need to start. (just dont stop the windows processes from microsoft from starting at startup)

Startup Inspector for Windows - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

alternatively press ctrl+shift+esc and then click on the processes tab. every process that's labelled system you dont want to close.

also scan for viruses that's alot

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244936-physical-memory-51-2-0-gb.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Why is Win7 using 50% to 60% of the physical memory when I'm just surfing around? Sometimes it's that high when the pc is at idle. AVG and a spyware program are running in the background.

A:Physical memory

where do you think the OS actually works from?

it works from memory. you don't state how much ram you have but your stat looks pretty normal to me

you do understand that as far as windows is concerned you will never run out of memory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/physical-memory-583842.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Out of curiosity, how much available Physical Memory do you have?

I have approximately 1804.

A:Available Physical Memory

Depends on the time of day and what is currently running. Btw: there is a better way of looking at it in Resource Monitor (click the button on the bottom of the Taskmanager Window you show and go to the memory tab).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/132055-available-physical-memory.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Windows Task manager, performance, bottom left of screen "physical memory"

It reads

Total 4094
Cached 1263
Available 1582
Free 382

Where has the rest gone? surely it should add up to 4094? I am running Anno online and filmon free TV and it freezes like all memory is used and slowing PC? any ideas please?

Edit: I have 1154 ish in "standby" I have emptied cache, is this normal and can I lower it??

Relevancy 53.75%

I have 512 Ram instaled,When I check the amount of phisical memory that is availabe,l it ranges from a Low of 56 to high of 202.My Question is what does the amount of phsicl memory really mean?It shows 2.0Gig Virtual memory???and out of that 1.96Gig is available???Used to run on 96 and never had a problem,not having one now,but I am curiou s what thia all means and where did all that memory I have installed go????f

A:Available Physical Memory

George,

You seem to have overlooked the Key Operative Word (KOW) !!!

"AVAILABLE"

Those values you are quoting represent the amount of Physical memory not currently being used. That value will generally be changing constantly as the computer runs.

In most cases the best thing that M$ could do is to put those screens under Lock n Key!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/available-physical-memory.340049/
Relevancy 53.75%

Guys, I'm running a Win7 pc with Intel E7500 2.93GHz and 1024MB memory..
From last two days am getting slow processing speed, and today when I checked the memory utilization in taskmanager its more than 60% of memory is utilized even at idle state.

Is that normal or some problem is there in system?
I have attached this screenshot of taskmngr.
Thanks!

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Every1,
I would really appreciate anyone who could help me on this.

I have a laptop 'ASUS A9RP series' which runs windows xp, which says it has 384 megabytes of RAM-, Physical Address Extension'. I recently purchased a program which i loaded onto my Laptop but i cannot run it because when i go to it says i need 500 megabytes of Physical memory!

So no matter what i try or do i cant run this Program. I was wondering if there is anything internally on my laptop i could do, or if there was anything i could purchase or download to increase my physical memory to its required level?

Apreciate any help from Any1!!!.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-need-help-with-my-physical-memory-192706.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I am looking for some advice on physical memory. My new laptop (inspiron 640m) takes a while to boot and programs are also slow loading. I have 1 gig of RAM and task manager shows :

CPU usage 4%
Memory 823mb
Physical memory 80%
Page file 999/1769

Do this look ok or is there something I could do to change the performance.

Thanks

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

I run on 7 home premium 64bit 6gb ram and lately, my physical memory usage has skyrocketed to 99% for an unknown reason and my laptop is now unbelievably slow... It started out about a week ago and I haven't changed anything in my computer for this to happen(at least not that I can think of). I tried to find the answer on the net, but nothing. I ran a full scan with Kaspersky internet security 2011, malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Ccleaner, speedupmyPC, but apart from cookies and temporary internet files, nothing was wrong. Tried to kill a few processes here and there but before I break anything I want to have a second opinion Here are some screenshots of ressource monitor and process exp.

Thanks for your help

Jonathan

p.s. sorry for that french writing if you need me to translate anything just ask

A:99% physical memory 6GB ram help!

Can you please run task manager and select the processes tab ( Right click Windows Task Bar>Select "Start Task Manager" ), expand it fully to include system tasks, and stretch it to reveal everything, hopefully it will all fit, and take a screenshot and reply here. If you can please arrange the task manager by memory usage.

It's probably not necessary I already suspect a serious memory leak that isn't being shown, but just to be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/152905-99-physical-memory-6gb-ram-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My computer has been running slower and seems that programs seem to crash a lot. I get the error message that the program is shutting down and always click "don't send" and start it back up. I looked at my system information today and it says "physical memory 256 m....available memory 39.47 m" this is with nothing but Windows XP running. Virtual Memory is 770.48 with 409.94 available. Is this a/my problem?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought an Acer timeline 3820T with i3-350M, 2.26GHz, 2 GB Ram running on Windows 7 Home Premium.

I realised that when I boot my laptop and without any application running, the task manager shows 78 Processes and Physical memory is at 50% usage.

Just like to check if it deems normal for the physical memory to be at 50%. While my windows xp pro laptop memory is at around 30% with only 1 GB Ram.

Thanks.

A:Physical Memory at 50%

Windows 7 does use more RAM. Not to mention when you first log in, the computer is still starting various services and programs. Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit. It sounds about right for 64-bit to me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/100196-physical-memory-50-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey how are you I searched the forums trying to find a similar problem but I Physical Odd Memory Build-Up couldn't If this has been answered before let me know Problem - When I use an application whether it be Photoshop Spotify Google Chrome it initially uses the right amount of memory required for it But once I start doing tasks it starts requiring a SIGNIFICANT Odd Physical Memory Build-Up amount more And it only builds up it never reallocates the memory I'm letting Spotify sit right now without touching it and by letting it stream the song - it has gone from taking k memory to k - growing about kb a second Photoshop was using a whopping gigs with only a x dpi image with layers Things are running increasingly slower until it reaches the program's memory limitation and it idles out at the slowness rate Now I have used System Mechanic to defrag the memory - This put everything back at the level they should be But it goes right back to where it was within a few minutes When I did defrag the programs responded much quicker but within a few clicks returned back to sluggish behavior Some Background Information I have done a fresh installation of Windows I previously had a BSOD x f after using System Mechanic to defrag the computers registry Never was a problem doing that in the past but this time it was I stay away from using that now Sometimes the operating system does not load now and will hang at the underscore until it finds a different device to boot I have a feeling my hard drive is failing My motherboard looks awfully hot and I have cleaned the dust out of this but not sure if it has done enough Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit CPU Intel Core i QM GHz C Clarksfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc J P U E C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Dell Hard Drives GB TOSHIBA MK GSY ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-T C ATA Device Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Thanks in advance I really do appreciate it

A:Odd Physical Memory Build-Up

Hi

Your system configuration is pretty good to run this programs without issues. This types of issues can be happen if pagefile setup is not configured correctly.

Make sure enough free space in C drive and also make sure "Page file" setting is configured to "System managed size" .

Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clickingSystem. (Or right Click on "Computer" icon in Desktop and select "properties")

In the left pane, click Advanced system settings.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.

Make sure to tick mark the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.

If that didn't helped you, please post a snapshot of your system using speccy by following the below guide.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Don't paste the output of Speccy, just copy the web link it provides.

Please download MiniToolBox, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ Save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark only the following boxes:

•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493435/odd-physical-memory-build-up/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi all i found other topics here for dump of physical memory i got the same problem my system is duron gb gb hdd ram these blue screens physical memory dump started a month ago i don t know what s the cause but i ed my information on hdd too i got only memory physical dump mp on hdd and they were all messed i start one song and songs split into it what could be the reason for that after that i formatted and reinstalled xp and for month it was ok but computer is very slow now i start to get physical memory dump blue screens again can someone view my minidump files and diagnose it i physical memory dump enclose them here how do u open these files damn it could be everything how can i check if my memory is corrupted but it might be from some heating of hdd or cpu mother board but i l buy at first mb ram more but this is not the only prblem i think thank you all oh i forgot my pc is running hours a day days a moth so i guess my hdd and all is heating like crazy nbsp

A:physical memory dump

The system crash at July were related to zonealarm. you did not re-install zonealarm when you re-build windows. The problem occurs recently is related hardware. Most probably it is bad ram. One of the your minidumps crash with at ntfs. It may be related to bad file pointer. Run chkdsk /r. If it still crashes, replace the ram. However your windows only crashes two times at Aug . If I were you, I would tolerate the BSOD.

STACK_TEXT:
fbf3ef6c fc35d596 e108c0a0 8126b260 e1746918 Ntfs!RemoveReferenceSharedSecurityUnsafe+0xb
fbf3ef90 fc33057a ffb3e440 fbf3efb8 fbf3efc3 Ntfs!NtfsDeleteFcb+0xe6
fbf3efdc fc351d00 ffb3e440 8126b100 e108c008 Ntfs!NtfsTeardownFromLcb+0x1fd
fbf3f034 fc32c759 ffb3e440 e108c0d0 e108c268 Ntfs!NtfsTeardownStructures+0x125
fbf3f060 fc34f6eb ffb3e440 0108c0d0 e108c268 Ntfs!NtfsDecrementCloseCounts+0x9e
fbf3f0e4 fc357e13 ffb3e440 e108c0d0 e108c008 Ntfs!NtfsCommonClose+0x397
fbf3f178 fc36fcfe 8126b100 00000001 81161788 Ntfs!NtfsFspClose+0xe3
fbf3f1f0 fc36fdc9 81161788 8126b100 00000001 Ntfs!NtfsFlushVolume+0x48
fbf3f290 fc363385 81161788 fefaade0 fbf30000 Ntfs!NtfsCommonVolumeOpen+0x341
fbf3f368 804e3d77 8126b020 fefaade0 ffb9bf28 Ntfs!NtfsFsdCreate+0x154
fbf3f378 fc3d3876 fefaafd4 81236e20 00000000 nt!IopfCallDriver+0x31
fbf3f3c4 804e3d77 8126ccc8 00000001 fefaaff8 sr!SrCreate+0x150
fbf3f3d4 fab3e3b5 fefaade0 ffb2e500 fbf3f4ac nt!IopfCallDriver+0x31
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 klif+0xf3b5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/physical-memory-dump.31998/
Relevancy 52.89%

Several times a day my computer jumps to a blue screen and says it is dumping the physical memory and counts from 1 to 100 and reboots. Just aggravates me to death. I am a senior citizen and not too swift on the computer operation, but I try. Elementary help would be greately appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Relevancy 52.89%

I am currently working on a Win2k.
The computer boots into the Windows OS, then the icons start popping up on the desktop.

Then i get a blue screen that comes up with a message similar to this:

"Physical memory dump beginning." Followed by an error code.

This happened 3 times in a row, then the computer was just shut off, then the next day when it was turned on - it worked fine and is currently working good.

However I want to know WHAT caused this and what to do next time this occurs. I would just like to understand whats going on when this situation arises.

Thanks guys.

A:Physical Memory Dump?!?!

Providing the error code is really the first step to finding out what is happening.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/physical-memory-dump.464479/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I uploaded a copy of event viewer errors that are happening on this PC. Windows pro XP. Dell Dimension. I have had this issue for a while, and I am not sure what else to do or how it started. It is intermitting though. Sometimes works and sometimes not?? When writing PICS, or copying movies, my system goes to bluescreen. Several errors have occured. 0x0000008E, 0xC0000005, 0x806E694F, 0x985E4ED4, 0x00000000m, 0x00008086. These are random errors and do not always discply together when the physical memory dump begins. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

David

A:Dumping Physical Memory

IMO...the best approach would be to try to see if any clues are in the .dmp files on your system. They will reflect more useful info than just about any other set of procedures that I can foresee as potentially employable.Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269791/dumping-physical-memory/
Relevancy 52.89%

A blue screen came up with the following message and I can't get my computer to start. "The registry cannot load the hive\systemroot\system32\config\software or its log or alternate.
it is corrupt,absent or not writeable. Beginning dump of physical memory.Physical memory dump complete.
Contact system adminstration tech support group for further assistance"
What do I do now????

A:XP dumping of physical memory

Post details of the computer please. Is it your personal computer or part of a system. OR was it originally a system computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-dumping-of-physical-memory.908196/