Windows Support Forum

sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Q: sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 115.94%

I just got a used 2003 Sony Vaio laptop (Model PGC-FRV27) and after cleaning up a messy hard drive, it seems to run nicely, except I can only use it while plugged in to the power adapter/charger!

I bought a new battery thinking this should be an easy solution, but no go. The battery charge light blinks, which indicates the battery is recognized and being charged-right?
I just returned the new battery to the Ebay dealer (explaining it won't take a charge) and they will only replace it with another one
I think it's a problem with some connection or other hardware issue.
Can anyone please help me with this?
THANKS!!!

>>>> I also tried increasing the memory, but it isn't being recognized either. (See seperate thread post above)....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-new-battery-wont-charge.746741/
Relevancy 113.46%

I installed a new battery and it won't charge. battery light just blinks away. I have un/reinstalled battery with no change. The battery is listed as compatible to my laptop. OS is Win 7 Ultmate 64bit.

Relevancy 110.98%

Hello all I hope someone here can help since i have searched the web far and wide for a solution but nothing seems to work Okay so i will tell you what led up to this problem I had a friend with an Sony Vaio SVF A C install battery Vaio Sony charge after clean windows wont 7 E who from when he bought it had windows installed So he came to me with windows and asked if i could make a clean install with So i did without any big problems he had it for like months and everything worked Then he installed some shitty programs on and it went slow on him So we had to reinstall windows just to make sure everything was gone So i reinstalled Windows Sony Vaio wont charge battery after clean windows 7 install without any problems every driver seemed to work but suddenly i noticed that the battery would Sony Vaio wont charge battery after clean windows 7 install not charge which i found odd so i fumbled around with the AC but nothing seemed to work Then Sony Vaio wont charge battery after clean windows 7 install i tried to reinstall the driver for the AC management that was on it Still nothing seemed to change it Then i thought okay i will just reinstall windows once again and it should work But sure enough it did not work So i am stuck now and i do not know what to do Notice this is a laptop only year old and the battery cannot be taken out so i can try those options people have come up with on other threads Also i tried to update bios but it says that bios is fully updated SP is also installed I really hope someone can help here Thanks

A:Sony Vaio wont charge battery after clean windows 7 install

Okay so now i have installed windows 8.1 on it and it does charge with it. So it is without a doubt a software problem. im still not having windows 8 on this laptop. since my friend wants windows 7 on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/345280-sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-after-clean-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 106.02%

Hi hope someone can help. I have done a clean install of Windows 7 Homepremium and my battery life on my Vaio TX3 has gone from 6.5 Hours to only 3 hours. I cant find the power management drivers. Also I can no longer use the keyboard hot keys to adjust the screen brightness ! thanks

A:Sony Vaio VGN-TX3 XP/L power / battery drivers

Was told today by Sony that the VGN series will not be supported with Win 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34894-sony-vaio-vgn-tx3-xp-l-power-battery-drivers.html
Relevancy 104.78%

I have the following, seemingly related problems with my Sony-Vaio laptop and Windows 7 Pro. When I go to Control Panel + Hardware & Sound + Power Options + Edit Plan Settings, I get the following error screen:
When I go to My Computer + Manage + Services + Power Service, and start the service I get the following error screen:
As a general rule, I leave the laptop plugged in. I am unable to run the laptop on battery power, with the cord unplugged. How do I correct the problem? I know that I didn't use to have this problem. Should I unplug the laptop periodically, and use the battery
alone?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85e7f7d0-e38d-414b-ae47-83c65b16f456/power-battery-problems-with-sonyvaio-laptop?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 99.82%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 99.82%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 99.82%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 99.51%

I bought the laptop used. it appeared the battery wsdead. I bought a new battery. The battery would stay at 53 percent and when i would unplug the charger it would immediatly shut off. i troubleshooted in the device manager and reset the laptop. Nothing happened. I reset a second time and the battery was charging and the laptop would run off battery power. this soon stopped working. I continued to troubleshoot. i got it to charge again and run off battery power but now it will again not run off battery power. the battery is now at 74 percent so i know at some piont charging was happening. this is very frustrating. Iv built a gaming pc jst recently and i feel like i should be able to figure this out. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-envy-360-wont-charge-wont-use-battery-power-battery-level/td-p/5747439
Relevancy 98.89%

User comes in my office and lost the battery clip. The clip you use to release the battery. When i use a pen to open the clip i can eject the battery and reseat it, but the laptop will not boot from the battery and will not charge the battery. Is there a way to make the laptop know the battery is present without the lock clip? and how does this clip work? I think this notebook can work fine the next couple of years. Or is anybody has a battery clip for the hp probook 6550b, i will be pleased if you can send it to me, i will pay for the stamps ofcourse.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Battery-will-not-charge-after-i-lost-the-battery-lock-clip/td-p/5623707
Relevancy 98.89%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 98.89%

Hi,
When I switch on my laptop today, I got the warning "Warning battery cannot be identified. System cannot charge the battery." If I plugin my adapter, laptop is running on AC power, if I remove the plugin, laptop is turned off. I have downloaded latest BIOS update but still the problem persists.
Details: Dell Inspiron 3521, Windows 10, latest BIOS V14.
Please help!

Thanks,
C.S Harsha

A:Warning battery cannot be identified. System cannot charge the battery.

Is the battery OEM or an aftermarket battery?  How old is the battery? I know of Windows 7 OS having issues with recognizing some batteries and were relatively easy to fix.  I do not know if it carried over to Windows 10.  I will have to look up the article to find any relevance.
Zax

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683083
Relevancy 98.89%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 98.58%

I have just replaced my CMOS/BIOS battery today, as , I have faced some critical problem regarding regular BIOS date/time reset after system shutdown. But I want to know how do i recognize, that my new batter is totally ok or functional.

Battery Meter gadget shows that "battery Not charging"
Is it a gadget problem?

Is there any method available so that I can track that my new installed CMOS battery in PC is working fine?

Please help me.

A:Battery Meter shows CMOS battery not charging

The battery you have replaced is solely there to maintain the clock and other BIOS settings (if you have changed them from their defaults). It will not prevent you from booting your system if it is dead/missing; all it means is that you will have to enter the BIOS each time and make the correct settings and time. This battery is not rechargeable.

Do you still have to enter the correct time, or is the BIOS maintaining this now you've changed the battery?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268054-battery-meter-shows-cmos-battery-not-charging.html
Relevancy 98.58%

Been working fine until a few days ago. When I turn it on it says 163 - Time and Date not set - There is no option in bios to set date Non-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready - Bios cannot detect hard drive So the question is if the RTC Battery is weak or dead can it cause above issues Thanks Chris

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Question-about-RTC-Battery-CMOS-Battery-and-System-Errors/td-p/5804426
Relevancy 97.03%

Hey guys,

Just as one problem is resolved another one always flares up: my laptop is now refusing to charge, not acknowledging that the AC Adaptor is plugged in. Now the question is how do I go about fixing/determining whether the issue is in the adaptor itself or the socket on the motherboard?

Thanks,

Jordan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-vgn-ns20e-wont-charge-not-battery.947166/
Relevancy 97.03%

Hi, ..... I am new here, please bear with me.  My battery stopped charging, so tried new lead, didnt work, tried new battery, didnt work... did the take the battery out disconnect AC, hold button down for 30secs trick.... didnt work....   LED lights were both white to begin with but after re- booting  I now have a solid orange battery  light. Laptop doesnt start if I take the battery out and just use AC, but I read somewhere that some Lenovos do that..... so .... any ideas as to what might be going on? I have read a lot of posts about possible solutions but no luck, so here I am, thanks in advance Elaine

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-battery-wont-charge-new-battery-new-lead-done-button-press/td-p/3377526
Relevancy 96.72%

Hi! I have bought a new sony battery and it won't charge. My adapter is working fine, but it says that the battery isn't charging. It is a replacement battery.

Relevancy 96.72%

I installed a new Sony BPL13s battery in my Vaio VGN-Fw490 and it will not charge. It was delivered with a dvd-rom with BPS8 and BPS9 Bios ? Any suggestions??? I've tried to install the BIOS8 or Bios9 but the machine responds that I shouldn't run this program? Help and thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-sony-battery-will-not-charge-497104.html
Relevancy 96.1%

just what the heading says. i took my laptop with me to Europe and bringing it back, i had it fully charged. when i went to turn it on w/out the AC adapter, it wouldn't start. but when i put the adapter on, it worked fine. im thinking maybe the voltage in europe overcharged the batter??? it worked fine while i was there.

now i need a new battery for school, but i need to know how to find out if the battery is at fault or the battery bay itself inside the laptop.

Relevancy 94.24%

Hello all,

I have a Sony VAIO PCG-GRX500K. I always have to set my clock when power it on. I tried to look for the battery, but cant seem to locate it. It's not like my older VAIO PCG-FX190 which was easy to find. Can anyone help me? I'm hoping it's just a button cell like the normal CR2032.

A:CMOS Battery location on a Sony GRX500K

Maybe under the keyboard? You have checked the bottom access covers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-location-on-a-sony-grx500k.117963/
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop which i bought about a week ago.

When i unplug the adapter and the laptop switches to battery power, it drops to 90% in about 2/3 minutes.

After that the battery discharges slower. It lasts about 2 hours, surfing the internet (it advertised "up to 3").

I just wanted to know if this rapid discharge to begin with is normal and whether this is a normal battery life to expect.

Many thanks

A:Sony Vaio Battery

2 hours is not terrible, and "up to 3 hours" battery time is figure with maximum power saving settings. Unless the performance of the battery degrades I would not think that is a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-battery.916211/
Relevancy 92.38%

Hi, I'm new.. etc..

I'm the process of trying to fix a Sony Vaio PCG-FX105K, running Windows 2000.
Amongst other things, the battery doesnt seem to charge.. the diagnostic (which I assume is Sony's own) reports the battery is 0% charged, and will require 7½ hours to charge..
Only other redeeming feature, is that the battery light flashes twice every couple of seconds..

Any pointers would be appriciated

A:Sony Vaio battery problem

Hi :0

7 1/2 hours for charging indicates that the system must think that the battery needs a full charge, which could indocate a number of things

the battery charging transformer that is connected to the power supply is maybe not working properly

the connection to the battery are disconnected or connected wrong (check that the ground wire and hot lead are correct

the battery is not good and connot be charged any more ( you can check this with another battery)

one thing you can do is use a multi-tester meter to check the input (charging leads) to the battery .. this way you can see if the voltage is getting to the battery

if yes, then replace battery

if no, replace the connection to the battery
that is all I can suggest with the information given

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-battery-problem.140199/
Relevancy 92.38%

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-230E running on Windows Vista. I recently had to replace the battery with a non-Sony one. To remedy the problem of an annoying dialog box coming up to tell me that the battery was not compatible, I did the MSCONFIG fix I found on this board. However, I now have another problem: the battery meter reads plugged in, not charging at 52%. Is the battery really not charging or is this because of the utility program I shut off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-battery-problem.950839/
Relevancy 92.38%

Hey guys, im not sure if this is the right section or not but oh well.

I have a sony vaio VGN-NR31J/s laptop, and i recently installed Windows 7 ultimate, it runs perfectally but im having some issues with my battery.

First problem is that i only get about 30-40 minutes maximum battery life, opposed to the 3 - 3.5 hours i had on vista.

The other problem is that it takes a whopping 5 hours to charge back up!

i have no idea whats causing these problems, i have installed the most up to date drivers for everything, installed sony vaio power management and tweaked every setting possible, but still no change.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thankyou.

Ritz

A:Sony Vaio battery problems.

With Lithium ion batteries, you will want to turn off sleep and hibernate and drain them once per month.

Completely drain the battery, then fully charge it.

It will help, but it may be beyond repair if you have never done this.

It can't hurt to try it.

You can also go in to advanced power options and change the settings on the battery.

Good luck. Hope this helps in some small way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/54184-sony-vaio-battery-problems.html
Relevancy 92.38%

Dear Admin ,
I am trying to replace the stock battery with specs - 10.8 V , 4000 mAh , 44Wh of Sony Vaio laptop - VPCEH28FN with a new one ( which perfectly matches in dimensions with the stock battery ) having specifications - 11.1 V , 5300 mAh , 59 Wh.
Considering the higher current and Wh , Please can you suggest if the above new battery is compatible with the laptop and will it cause any harm or have any adverse impact on the internals of laptop.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/battery-replacement-sony-vaio-4603427/
Relevancy 92.38%

Hi There This is just a query and apologies if in the wrong forum I have just bought a new Sony Vaio VGN-NW ZF S recently with windows on it i removed mcaffee and put kaspersky suite and FM and need a quite powerful machine and the guy in the shop said this will be ok which it has which is one of the main reasons i bought the machine The battery Battery Vaio Sony Solved: seems to take ages to charge it is at at the moment and still Solved: Sony Vaio Battery has an hour and if down to and takes over and Solved: Sony Vaio Battery half to maybe hrs to charge but am not sure exactly as i charge it over night when the machine is switched off Is this normal The battery is a hr battery The battery seems to discharge quite quickly although this might be that i am using the machine and loose track of time i am trying quot batteryBar Pro quot for days and it seems quite good Also it seems to take a wee bit longer to to load than when i first got it Especially the VAIO GATE which takes a wee while to come up I have the machine connected wireless to a router and connected in a network to other desktop machines running Windows XP The bottom of the latop seems to get hot after an hour or and wondered it that is normal When using it on my lap i use a book to put it on between my legs and the laptop as it is hot PS I made recovery disks when i first used the machine and they are on DVD-Rs I was wondering if i used the recovery by prerssing F i think during boot to reset back to factory settings will this delete the hidden partition that is used for recovery or will it just erase the c drive and leave that partition Cheers nbsp

A:Solved: Sony Vaio Battery

I made recovery disks when i first used the machine and they are on 3 DVD-Rs. I was wondering if i used the recovery (by prerssing F10) i think during boot to reset back to factory settings will this delete the hidden partition that is used for recovery or will it just erase the c drive and leave that partition?Click to expand...

It should keep the hidden partition

You have quite a few charging options on the Vaio - on of which is a low charge and set to increase battery life
I'm not next to my vaio so cant see the settings to post here - i'll have a look soon and repost

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-battery.879009/
Relevancy 92.38%

A friend of mine has a Sony Vaio. His battery although fully charged gives only 15-20minitues of usage. He then bought a new battery and it gives the same problem. HELP!

A:Sony Vaio Battery Problems

I assume you are talking about a vaio laptop???
The best thing he can do in my opinion is sell it asap and get a proper laptop.
Sony make good tv's and stereo's, but their vaio pc's and laptop's are rubbish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-battery-problems.51583/
Relevancy 91.76%

I have a strange issue. I have a Lenovo T60 laptop and I am experiencing problems with the power management/power guage.

It will often show the battery not installed (power gauge is a greyish-white color with dashed lines) or it shows a red X. It does not matter if I am on AC power or on Battery power, it will show the full range of power, battery level, not installed, or an error.

I have searched Lenovo's site and I seem to remember seeing an FAQ about this, but now that I need it, I cannot find it.

What can I check or do to stop this? While it is annoying, I am not sure if I am having a battery problem or not. I did check my battery on Lenovo's site to see if it was recalled and it is not.

I do appreciate any help that any one can give me.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-t60-power-guage-shows-battery-not-installed-while-on-battery-power.690786/
Relevancy 91.45%

I have an NV7802, original battery. Windows 10. Last night I noticed that the battery was not charging whike plugged in. I removed the battery, plugged the adapter in no power. Purchased an adapter this morning, battery charges for about 10 seconds. Battery is now dead and laptop will boot up when plugged in with the battery installed, lets me logon and then shuts off with no lights on the front panel. I think this a windows problem and I have notified them also.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 91.45%

I have an NV7802, original battery. Windows 10. Last night I noticed that the battery was not charging whike plugged in. I removed the battery, plugged the adapter in no power. Purchased an adapter this morning, battery charges for about 10 seconds. Battery is now dead and laptop will boot up when plugged in with the battery installed, lets me logon and then shuts off with no lights on the front panel. I think this a windows problem and I have notified them also.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/No-power-battery-does-not-charge-when-plugged-in/td-p/434445/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.45%

I bought this HP laptop not so long ago, and just recently it has stopped being capable of operating on battery power. In addition, it is constantly charging the battery, but the battery charge meter does not rise. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it myself, or will I simply have to part from the laptop for a few weeks/months to send it back to the manufacturer?

Relevancy 91.45%

Hi, I bought a new Sony Vaio Laptop Model SR 520G from Best Buy 10 weeks ago. It came with Win 7 Professional installed. Now I am getting the error message

"The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer. Press OK to hibernate and remove". as soon as I turn it on. It works fine if I remove the battery and run on electric power.
It will only hibernate, I cannot click anywhere else, or get past this. How do I overcome this error? Thank you.

A:Battery Problem on New Sony Vaio Laptop

I would contact the the supplier as it maybe the battery has failed.......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-problem-on-new-sony-vaio-laptop.903381/
Relevancy 91.45%

sony vaio vgn-fs840 battery not recognized. anyone know why?

A:Sony Vaio vgn-fs840 battery not recognized

The only way to sort this out, is to install another battery. If the "new" battery is not detected, the motherboard may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs840-battery-not-recognized.158216/
Relevancy 91.45%

Hi

I have a Sony Vaio SVF15N17CXB Fit 15A Flip 2-in-1 15.5" Touchscreen Laptop.

I can run it only plugged in to the wall. The battery icon in the taskbar shows a red X and has the words "No battery is detected" when you hover over it.

I have replaced the battery 2x (one was a used battery, the other new) and it has not fixed the issue.

Any assistance is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-not-detected-on-sony-vaio-flip-15.1158104/
Relevancy 91.45%

Hello -

I have a Sony Vaio vgn-fs760. I decided to replace the battery because I was only getting 15 - 20 minutes not connected to the AC adapter. I ordered a large capacity battery (VGP-BPL2).

I installed the battery and let it charge overnight - it still reports 100% charging when I hover in the systray. When I double click on the battery in the Power Meter, I believe that it is still showing as the old battery - clicking on refresh does nothing.

Please help.

A:Sony Vaio main battery replacement

sony charging systems has very large period of "tickle charge", that means, that battery will charge to reach designed capacity with very small amount of current(from around 80% till 100%), and this is normal. download mobile meter software, in "battery information" tab you'll see charging process of main battery in realtime. also it shows designed capacity, full charge capacity and current capacity that slowly rises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-main-battery-replacement.126326/
Relevancy 91.45%

I see there is a thread from 2007 on this, that is now closed & refers to doing something scary with the MSCONFIG or something. Please can someone explain to an (almost) novice, what I need to do to make my brand new battery work on my Sony VAIO VGN-FE31Z. The message I get when I install my battery is that "The installed battery may not be properly connected to the computer or may not be compatible with the computer. Press OK to hibernate and remove". Help!! I am running Windows XP and the laptop was purchased new from Sony in September 2006.
Simon

Relevancy 91.45%

Low Battery Warning and replacement on SONY VAIO Desktop RSV320.

I have replaced the two 3220 type batteries twice in the past three months after never doing that the first 2 1/2 years I have owned it.
Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-pc-rsv320-battery-problems.53930/
Relevancy 91.45%

sony vaio vgn-nr e got a replacement It shows that there s a battery there when I plug it in and will power the computer when I unplug the power supply However my orange battery light blinks nonstop the battery is at percent but not charging and when I turn on my computer it will not turn on unless I unplug the battery recognized? Sony vaio replacement not battery The orange battery light lights up and Sony vaio replacement battery not recognized? remains lit until I remove the battery It will turn on with AC power alone Inserting the battery after turning it on induces the situation I described first- can see that battery is there but it won t charge and the light blinks battery model is vgp-bps b tried the file that came with it bps exe that I guess should block isbmgr exe in some way but two more problems arise- can t find isbmgr exe anywhere in program files and when I run the program I was provided with I get error code Can t update BIOS drvr phlashnt sys has been blocked from loading if it helps yesterday i upgraded from vista to windows bit thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-replacement-battery-not-recognized.977634/
Relevancy 91.45%

Hi.
I can't find a way to disable battery charging in my Sony Vaio E series model. I play games and battery drains quickly if I play games on battery. For now I have removed the battery but this is not an option. Please guide me how do I disable battery charging in my laptop.
Thanks a tons in advance.

A:Diable Battery Charging in Sony Vaio

Windows 8 64 bit
Hardware : -
Core i3
2.1 GHz
4 GB RAM
512 MB Nvidia GeForce 410M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diable-battery-charging-in-sony-vaio.1123222/
Relevancy 91.45%

Sony vaio replacement battery not recognized Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service recognized Vaio not battery Sony Solved: Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb All GB recognized by Vista not BIOS Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Solved: Sony Vaio battery not recognized Corporation VAIO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled got a replacement Solved: Sony Vaio battery not recognized battery and a different original from a computer bought at same month when the initial one became a brick for some undetermined electrical charging problem Initially if the larger generic replacement stopped being recognized I could put in the other original and the Solved: Sony Vaio battery not recognized system would reset After a night when the hibernation file was deleted now restored and the batteries changed the unit has never recognized either battery The complaint is the same as this prior It shows that there s a battery there when I plug it in and will power the computer when I unplug the power supply However my orange battery light blinks very rapidly nonstop and the batter will discharge but not charge Should I turn off my computer it will not turn on unless I unplug the battery The orange battery light lights up and continuously blinks if I try to start the unit but it will not start until I remove the battery It will turn on with AC power alone Inserting the battery after turning it on induces the situation I described first- can see that battery is there but it won t charge and the light blinks The battery models are vgp-bps s and vgp-bps I can put both into the other computer unit used by my son and they will charge but we both fear making his system not work - so I just work on electrical power only attached to a UPS when home not working in villages Some online discussion read months ago said something about opening the unit and detaching the bios wire from the mother board battery or something like that to fix the problem I cannot refind the post Any ideas While waiting for a real answer I have blocked the ISBMgr exe in registry by replacing with Version txt of same directory Actual advice from YouTube Video was to remove registry entry http www youtube com watch v FTjSDM AjxU The batteries still will not start or let the computer work nor recharge though as previously described thanks for any help nbsp

A:Solved: Sony Vaio battery not recognized

This problem solved by two steps:
1) replacing the ISBMgr.exe in registry with the 'Version.txt' stopped the ISBMgr file from working AND notifies me of the registry switch to be corrected later by showingup on boot, but
2) using device manager to delete Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System from the System category of devices seems to have re-initiated the entire system.

On deletion of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System, I had to be ready to replace the video driver; all the other drivers seem to have been found automatically.

Both portable batteries now charge and are charged. The system boots by battery; operates on battery.

The system hibernates correctly after having followed instructions to rebuild hibernation file by
using an administrator command prompt, & typing:
powercfg /hibernate on
followed by a computer restart.

I also fixed the power settings to protect hibernation by following these instructions on all power settings:
•Click “Change advance power settings”
•Scroll to and expand the “Sleep” option.
•Select “Off” to the “Allow hybrid sleep” option.
•Scroll to and expand the “Power buttons and lid” option.
•Select “Hibernate” for the “Sleep button action” option. 10. Select “Hibernate” for the “Start menu power button” option.

The VAIO VGN-CR320E now uses its battery function as it should. I continue to get the text at start up for having replaced ISBMgr.exe in the registry with Version.txt. I have not yet decided to delete the entry completely or return it to ISBMgr.exe and see what happens.

Hope this helps someone else as it appears I found and fixed it myself unless someone can add to my knowledge.

Thanks for reading.
Verlin

Verlin said:

Sony vaio replacement battery not recognized?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7250 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3061 Mb (All 4GB recognized by Vista, not BIOS)
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 74816 MB, Free - 10203 MB; D: Total - 870 MB, Free - 224 MB; E: Total - 1749 MB, Free - 609 MB; F: Total - 2831 MB, Free - 428 MB; G: Total - 14315 MB, Free - 3748 MB; H: Total - 74811 MB, Free - 11524 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled.

got a replacement battery and a different original from a computer bought at same month when the initial one became a brick for some undetermined electrical charging problem. Initially, if the larger generic replacement stopped being recognized, I could put in the other original and the system would reset. After a night when the hibernation file was deleted (now restored), and the batteries changed, the unit has never recognized either battery. The complaint is the same as this prior : It shows that there's a battery there when I plug it in, and will power the computer when I unplug the power supply. However, my orange battery light blinks very rapidly, nonstop and the batter will discharge but not charge. Should I turn off my computer, it will not turn on unless I unplug the battery. The orange battery light lights up and continuously blinks if I try to start the unit, but it will not start until I remove the battery. It will turn on with AC power alone. Inserting the battery after turning it on induces the situation I described first- can see that battery is there, but it won't charge, and the light blinks. The battery models are vgp-bps9/s and vgp-bps9. I can put both into the other computer unit used by my son and they will charge, but we both fear making his system not work - so I just work on electrical power only attached to a UPS when home not working in villages.

Some online discussion read months ago said something about opening the unit and detaching the bios wire from the mother boar... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-battery-not-recognized.1074571/
Relevancy 91.45%

Good morning Computer Tech guys,
I may have made a slight error switching out my power supply well first of all... I changed it out because the old one would turn the computer on randomly (me pushing the button of course). Now I put in this new battery 250 W and I get sort of clicking noise? I have read about the fan interference, but there is nothing blocking the fan and I do not think it is the hard drive or mother board itself. So should I try another power supply? Thanks again.

A:Solved: Sony Vaio Battery change

And low and behold 230 volts instead of 115 I feel like a noob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sony-vaio-battery-change.998891/
Relevancy 91.14%

Over the last few months I noticed that the battery meter on my Dell Inspiron E laptop was blinking red to green and back so having had this laptop for several years I assumed that I would need a new battery soon The adapter power cord was also beginning to lose some of its covering near the plug in site so I ordered both a new battery and power cord That was about weeks ago Upon receiving my order I was very pleased to see that when I installed the new battery and new cord the battery already had some charge I didn t note how much I felt relieved to have my mind at ease that adaptor Combo recognized power battery not battery and but all was now well with my computer little did I know that I d be Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized needing help less than two weeks later Important note I very rarely use my laptop without the power cord past experience proved to be frustrating because I always needed more time than the battery provided I ve probably only used the laptop quot on battery quot a few dozen times over the last years Now I am in a dilemma Yesterday I took the laptop with me out of town when my husband and I did some real estate hunting Instead of using the laptop on battery we had it plugged into a special power converter for use in the car I noticed that whenever we stopped and turned off the ignition the laptop would lose it s power immediately and as we resumed our travel I d have to Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized restart the computer and there would be the quot black amp white quot warning screen about the computer not being shut down properly We had not used the laptop at home for a Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized few days so I thought it was just a problem of quot low battery quot so I just restarted it in normal mode I didn t even look at the battery meter My husband and I stopped for lunch at a local quot McDonald s quot which had wifi so we could continue our homes search on the web Rather than bring the power cord inside I decided to use the laptop quot on battery quot and quot Zap quot to my dismay and utter quot shock quot it wouldn t even power up I just went out to the car grabbed the cord plugged it in and began my research over lunch I didn t even notice that the battery meter was not illuminated That was yesterday Now about hours later I notice the problem and the icon in the tray shows the red X over the power cord that no battery is detected I thought that maybe since I hadn t used the laptop in a few days the new battery had quot died quot but I didn t think it had REALLY DIED For the last couple of hours I ve been seeking help about this issue online I ve tried some of the advice mentioned on response posts which applied to other similar experiences on this forum and even on Dell s website but I haven t had any success with those suggestions I ve seen a few posts about it being the motherboard I m not tech-savvy enough to know what will happen if I don t quot fix quot this problem immediately I m not sure what I should do next I do hope that it can be resolved without having to replace the computer Any suggestions We live in a rural area and I haven t had to use computer repair services before All my issues before have been resolved easily with a phone call to Dell We are several years past the warranty period Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks NC Campbells Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combo-battery-and-power-adaptor-but-battery-not-recognized.1038730/
Relevancy 91.14%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 91.14%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 91.14%

This problem occurred with prior Win Home O S so I upgraded to Windows nbsp HP If Only. 2000 On ... & Battery Power Both Runs Great Battery Heavens-to-Mergatroid nbsp This laptop runs just fine when only battery is powering it nbsp However once I also HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... plug in the power cord the O S does a hard crash within to minutes How special nbsp I can get about to hours when using the HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... battery but not if I also plug in the power cord nbsp That means that when the battery gets low I must perform a standard shutdown and then insert the power cord which recharges the battery if I don't turn nbsp on computer nbsp If I then start the computer with both connected it crashes nbsp I am not patient enough to live with a computer that has to be recharged every couple of hours nbsp HELP nbsp I suspected a heating issue so I took the back panels off and thoroghly cleaned the fan vents and other cracks and crevices using canned air but this did not fix the problem nbsp Since in runs just fine on the battery I deduce it is NOT a heating issue neither dust or heat paste issues nbsp I also used a cooling mat to no avail nbsp Im years old living in God's waiting room but parts of my body are to nbsp However I do have Essential Tremors in both hands so I cannot do a full laptop disassembly even if I want to which I don't nbsp I cannot afford to pay a computer repair shop or more to try a fix this vexing power issue nbsp Other than hocking my car it's too old also to buy a new nbsp laptop does anyone have a kind affordable suggestion that might correct the problem nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-Runs-Great-On-Battery-Only-If-Both-Battery-amp-Power/td-p/5717709
Relevancy 91.14%

Hi,

Vista is retrieving me the error message that it is not able to retrieve the power parameters.
Do i need to install a softawre to allow me to access those parameters ?

Thanks for you feedback,

Rgds,

F,

A:Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery

Hi

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.
The Vista power options are a part of the Vista OS and you don?t need to install anything.

But on Toshiba notebook the Vista power option would be extended by some Toshiba power options.
Are you speaking about this Power Saver options?
If yes, then I would recommend reinstalling the VAP (value added package) because these power options are a part of VAP.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56712-Battery-Vista-is-not-able-the-retrieve-the-power-options-for-the-battery
Relevancy 91.14%

Just got a replacement laptop from eBay. (Hehe, I know) It doesn't power on, or rather I here something but not the normal grind of a laptop turning on. I've heard it might be the CMOS battery, and if this is the case, where is it located on a Trek Transport II ?

Thanks!

A:Comp won't power on - CMOS Battery?

I do not think that it is the CMOS battery.

If the battery and Power Brick are not Kaput, you have some other more serious problem. I would not 'hehe' just yet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-wont-power-on-cmos-battery.312541/
Relevancy 91.14%

I have a newer PC and trying to diagnose the problem. It was working fine for four months. I have had it turned off for nearly two months due to traveling and other activities. I powered it up and the Power Supply fan operates...the CPU fan operates...but that is it. Will not boot up. The hard drive light is a constant yellow (I know not all PCs have a light like this).

I switched out hard drives....same results. I've checked all connections but no help.

I hate to think a motherboard went bad on this thing.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

Mike

A:CMOS Battery or Power Supply or Something Else?

Try to reseat the processor, vid card, and memory. If all else fails take out everything but the processor, memory, and vid card and try to boot it with a startup disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmos-battery-or-power-supply-or-something-else.45279/
Relevancy 90.52%

I've the latest updates from Lenovo for Power Manager.  What happened to control over the battery charging levels?  I can't find settings for it anywhere.  It isn't apparent in the Lenovo settings power page nor in Control Panel power settings.  Anyone know?

. . . . . Zeke . . . P50, Win10x64 (current) . . . T510, Win7x64 (6 years).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Win-10-Power-Manger-and-battery-charge-level-control/td-p/3381029
Relevancy 90.52%

So I m fixing or trying to fix a friends laptop It s a HP Pavilion zv us The problem is that when powered on the Solved: will battery?! Help! it wall charge the power No still but laptop will not accept power from the AC adapter which should be low voltage DC power when it get s to it right It will however charge the battery when the computer is shut off So it will run till the battery is dead then charge itself and then you can turn it on again Apparently the zv s have similar problems like no battery charge no power whatsoever and most of these problems originate from the AC jack I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT AND INSTALLED A NEW JACK My soldering was top notch The problem persists in exactly the same manner I have also tested the AC adapter It has a green LED that comes on and with Solved: No wall power but it will still charge the battery?! Help! a multimeter it registered Solved: No wall power but it will still charge the battery?! Help! something like on the setting for AC volts All these things make me think it s some software problem Maybe there s some stupid setting that got switched so it won t run off wall power If anything triggers a thought for anyone please reply I want to get rid of this thing nbsp

A:Solved: No wall power but it will still charge the battery?! Help!

Double post. More info here http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/702808-solved-laptop-will-run-off.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-wall-power-but-it-will-still-charge-the-battery-help.702558/
Relevancy 90.52%

I have noticed since upgrading my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E to windows 7 the battery life is very poor. The battery was purchased off ebay and was bought to replace the original sony battery. The battery life was much better with windows vista. I remember reading about problems with the battery if upgrading to W7. However, I would rather have W7 and decrease battery life, then Vista and good battery life. Am I stuck with poor battery performance while having W7 installed or is there something I can do. Appreciate any tips

A:Poor Battery performance with Sony Vaio VGN-FZ180E

Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180E

The troubleshooting section may be helpful to you.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-battery-performance-with-sony-vaio-vgn-fz180e.1064198/
Relevancy 90.52%

I am trying to find a replacement battery for My Sony Vaio VGN-FZ 180N. I have found quite a few on ebay as seen in the below link.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Sony+VAIO+VGN-FZ180E/B+&_trksid=p5197.c0.m627

However, they are all saying that the battery will not work if the computer is running windows 7. I am definitely wanting upgrade from Vista to W7. It's quite funny that each post on ebay has simple grammatical errors and all of their replies to my questions were the same.

What about this Battery: http://www.buy.com/prod/battery-for...-vgn-fz18-vgn-fz180e/q/loc/101/219129390.html

Can someone tell me if this is not going to work or there is a battery that will work with this Sony and W7. Thanks.

Relevancy 90.52%

Hi
i just got given a replacement battery for my sony vaio VGN-CR220E, plugged it in and my computer wont recognize it and wont charge it.
a sheet of paper i got with the laptop says the battery has "microporcessor software, which calculates the battery volume during charging" and my computer says the battery is not installed on the computer
is there any way to install it?
really really need this battery to work
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-wont-recognize-replacement-battery.921972/
Relevancy 90.52%

Warning:the battery not recommended for this system,the system will not be unable to charge this battery
I bought a new battery and nothing solved
And try another charger and not solved the problem
 i must work when he plugged in charger only and the battery fully charged and the light sign turn 2 times on yellow light and 1 time on LED light 
any suggestion for help ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995948
Relevancy 90.21%

My dell 8100xps was giving a CMOS bad sum error see above in the title please help so I went on dell website printed help and followed instructions watched Johnny hung on YouTube he walked me through the whole process I completed the pr ocess and hooked up all power and cables nothing

A:Changed CMOS battery and jumpers now won't power on at all

Why would you think it was necessary to change any jumpers? Restore them back as they originally set.After that, boot into the BIOS (setup) and try setting to default values. Date and time need to be set to current values.message edited by OtheHill

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/changed-cmos-battery-and-jumpers-now-wont-power-on-at-all/19481.html
Relevancy 89.9%

What can I do if my battery won't hold a charge or simply won't charge?

Thanks
Bill

A:Battery won't Charge or Battery won't Hold a Charge

Best thing to do is to first understand some of our battery technology - check out this document: HP Notebook PCs - Understanding Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technologyhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784  Then to test your battery follow the instructions in this document: HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-won-t-Charge-or-Battery-won-t-Hold-a-Charge/td-p/5698104
Relevancy 89.59%

Hi, Error message is '(25% available, plugged in, not charging)'Have already tried the following:- Battery unistall/re-install- Removal of battery whilst power cable and laptop is booted and reinsert (numerous times!!) Charges for only 2-3 seconds then back to the error message again Laptop dies completely when power cable is removed or when laptop screen is closed down. I am reluctant to buy a  new battery in case it does not resolve the issue.  Computer is not that old and was rarely used until only recently. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Battery-will-not-charge-laptop-dies-when-power-disconnected/td-p/5690995
Relevancy 89.59%

my battery show that it good and shows a 90% charge  but will not power the laptop or charge  it says plug in not charging if i pull the power cord out it shuts off

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-still-good-but-wond-charge-or-power-laptop/td-p/5640791
Relevancy 89.59%

I just recently upgraded my sony vaio laptop pcg-934A with windows xp and installed a wireless wlan1500 pc card. Before installing/upgrading, my battery was working fine, up to 2 hours of watching a DVD movie on it. Now, while the battery shows as 100% charged, whenever I disconnect the power cord from the laptop, the battery power instantly shows up as 10% charged within seconds and automatically shuts off. I have to replug the power cord onto the laptop in order to have power. Is it possible that the battery went bad overnight? I have been trying to figure this out for a week now and am nervous about taking the laptop to a repair shop, only to charge me $100 just to tell me to buy another $100 battery.

A:sony vaio pcg-934A laptop shuts off automatically when using battery only

Actually call afew of the shops in your area including battery vendors and ask if they can test the battery for you. Most will not charge you to do this.
Unfortunately with batteries there's no rhyme or reason to their failure, ive seen them go both ways; gradually over time and just plain dead overnite.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-pcg-934a-laptop-shuts-off-automatically-when-using-battery-only.26305/
Relevancy 89.28%

Sorry for the length as I tried to make this as short as I could while giving what I believe is essential information Back in late - early I built a socket system running Windows XP The case I used Power Issues? or CMOS Something Else Causing Battery, Supply, was a Thermalrock which was a division of Thermaltake The case itself was well made but the start CMOS Battery, Power Supply, or Something Else Causing Issues? button was housed in extremely cheap material and through normal CMOS Battery, Power Supply, or Something Else Causing Issues? wear broke ever so easily the case was an expensive mistake So I was forced to remove the start CMOS Battery, Power Supply, or Something Else Causing Issues? button from its housing there was absolutely no way to fix When this happened the system would not start up when the now unhoused button was engaged I had to reach around the back turn off the power supply turn it back on and then press the power button It would then start but I had to do this every time Three years ago I built an i system and the socket with a few exceptions lay dormant since then realizing it is almost years old Last week my dad wants me to build him a system but I decided to see if these parts were serviceable Besides it would be better than his laptop that runs Vista and at years of age he basically only uses his system to do family research video streaming listening to online music and his favorite internet talk shows So I bought a HAF and I am going to upgrade him to Windows yes I have installed gigs of RAM I migrated everything over to the HAF and here is what I have run into no I have not upgraded to yet The CMOS does not appear to retain any of the changes I have made I e once had a floppy drive a long time ago but it shows it is enabled installed I disabled but on the next start-up it shows it enabled again so I disable again and on the next start up its repeat and rinse When the system initially loads it goes so far and then it stops and at the bottom it says Press F to continue and DEL for set-up every time It continues on to what I chose to load either Windows or it enters BIOS Turn on PSU hit start button nothing just like before One out of Blue leds on mobo indicating the board is powered is on Turn off power supply and then turn it back on press start button and system boots up but this time the additional mobo leds come on Then it proceeds to point The PSU voltages are all within normal I ran every Seagate SeaTools tests they have and the Hard Drive passed them all without any issues at all Your thoughts advice please on what I probably have missed need to try CMOS battery psu both and or something else Thanks nbsp

A:CMOS Battery, Power Supply, or Something Else Causing Issues?

I would replace the CMOS battery and see if the bios changes are properly saved. If not, the realtime clock chip is probably gone, meaning it is time to upgrade the CPU and motherboard. 939 boards may be extremely rare now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-power-supply-or-something-else-causing-issues.213589/
Relevancy 89.28%

I just got this intel 845G mobo ... I couldn't get it to power up until I removed the CMOS battery for a few seconds then put it back. Why is that? How do I correct it?

Thank you for your time.

Relevancy 89.28%

Hello. I'm new to this forum, and I'm not super experienced, so I hope I'm not overlooking something basic or don't understand something, but here's my question:

I set the "supervisor password" and the "user password" in the BIOS set-up in windows xp professional (pavilion a1010, p4). After turning off the computer and then powering it back up, I am not prompted for the "user password" (which is the power-on password, right?). I am, however, prompted for the "supervisor password", if I try to enter BIOS set-up, indicating to me that the CMOS battery is good. When I do enter BIOS set-up the "supervisor password" and the "user password" are still indicated to be "enabled". Any insights on why my computer is not prompting me for the power-on password would much appreciated. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-prompt-for-power-on-password-%C2%97-cmos-battery-seems-to-be-good.570014/
Relevancy 88.66%

I saw a warning about trying to replace my Sony Laptop battery that it wouldn t work with Windows but the battery sales person convinced me it would Now I ve spent all day trying to figure out a solution and have found none The battery came with a driver disk which won t load cause it was for a bit mine is bit I tried uninstalling the quot Batteries gt Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery quot and reinstalling but it gave me an error message saying it not 7 Windows Battery (Plugged Vaio charging) Laptop in, Sony Replacement couldn t install I went to Microsoft and downloaded all the updates I tried this but could not find quot ISBmgr exe quot under the start up tab From either the Start menu or command prompt run MSCONFIG exe On Vista machines Windows will prompt you for permission to continue In the System Configuration window click the quot Startup quot tab and find the item containing quot ISBMgr exe quot Uncheck the box for the Sony Vaio Laptop Battery Replacement Windows 7 (Plugged in, not charging) quot ISBMgr exe quot Click quot Ok quot to save and accept the changes and restart the laptop You may be prompted on restart that Windows is running in selective mode Just uncheck the notification option on bottom right I followed a few other iterations of those above steps with battery in battery out and other pokie turn yourself around things and am now stuck The new battery does not charge even when everything is shut down and plugged in Yet my old battery charges fine It just won t hold a charge for longer than minutes The old battery is two years old Any other ideas nbsp

A:Sony Vaio Laptop Battery Replacement Windows 7 (Plugged in, not charging)

Is this new battery a SONY battery?
If NOT, I would take it back to where you got it, get your money and get a REALLY Sony battery.

All I can find at http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGN-FZ180E&region_id=1 is Vista, no Windows 7 support.

Did you install a retail version of Windows 7 on a Vista machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-laptop-battery-replacement-windows-7-plugged-in-not-charging.937923/
Relevancy 87.73%

Iv recently encountered the dreaded Plugged-In not charging Error
Upon Boot
ALERT! AC power wattage and type cannot be determined. The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power available. 
Iv come to the conclusion its the module that determines the adapter and wattage type.
As iv tested it with known working chargers and batteries.
Can anyone *** me with this knowledge or allow me to get a schematic for the mother board?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985121
Relevancy 87.42%

So I is replaced battery resets unplugged power everytime BIOS cmos have a machine I have just replaced the mobo on for someone but everytime it is unplugged from the wall upon reboot a message appears during post saying default values have been loaded and you have to press F to enter setup BIOS resets everytime power is unplugged cmos battery replaced bios or F to continue I thought this was no big problem and swiftly replaced the CMOS battery but it is exactly the same resets everytime power is cut The board is an MSI B MA-P BIOS resets everytime power is unplugged cmos battery replaced and is brand new Thankfully the default sata mode is AHCI so the machine still boots after reset but its really annoying me and the clock resetting stops WU from working and also threw a temp activation problem that was easily dealt with HWinfo does not show VBatt reading and speedfan does but reports V which is clearly wrong from a V battery Any thoughts ideas would be gratefully received as im running out of options other than an RMA which is going to be a major pain as this is her only computer and cant be without it

A:BIOS resets everytime power is unplugged cmos battery replaced

Just some thoughts.

***Why was the motherboard replaced??***

1. Is their a default jumper pin on the motherboard that is in the wrong position.
2. I have seen a power supply cause this problem.
3. Lately HWmonitor for other members has been giving wrong readings.
4. It has been know that a infection will monkey with the time so one can't get help on line.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369062-bios-resets-everytime-power-unplugged-cmos-battery-replaced.html
Relevancy 86.8%

Hello DELL COMMUNITY,
I can't believe this is an unsolvable issue...
my Studio XPS1340 isn't that old...
and my battery was replaced by warranty a little over a year ago...
it was charging fine...then suddenly, when I rebooted, I got:

WARNING: The battery cannot be identified.This system will be unable to charge this battery.Press Any Key to ContinuePress <F2> 2 times to enter SETUPPress <F12> and Any Key to enter Boot Menu
Do I just need to replace the battery?

A:WARNING: The battery cannot be identified. This system will be unable to charge this battery. Press Any Key to Continue Press <F2> 2 times to enter SETUP Press <F12> and Any Key to enter Boot Menu

Hi,
I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. You can follow the steps below:
Drain the residual power of your computer and recaliberate the battery by following the steps below:

Power off your computer. 
Remove all the external peripherals  (printers, scanners or any other USB device) connected to your computer.
Please remove the AC adapter and battery of your computer. 
Press and hold the power button of your computer for 10-15 seconds to drain the residual power. 
Release the power button
Keep the battery out for atleast 2 - 3 hours.
Then insert the battery and charge it overnight with the system powered off.
Insert the battery in and connect the AC adaptor.
Then power on the computer and see if it works.

If the issue still persists, you can update the BIOS of the computer.
Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

Click on the below link: http://dell.to/Th8z4k
Click on “Download File”.
Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
Click on “Download Now”.
Save the BIOS on your desktop.
Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Please reply with the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19477614
Relevancy 86.8%

I'm having an issue where custom battery charge thresholds aren't being respected on my E5550 when I plug my laptop into AC power.
Steps to replicate:
Using Dell Command | Power Manager, set custom battery settings such that the battery will start charging at 80% and stop charging at 90%.
Unplug from AC power.
Discharge the battery to anywhere below 90% but not below 80%.
Plug-in to AC power.
Result:
The battery will charge when the laptop is connected to AC power despite the battery charge state being above the custom 'start charge' point of 80%.
Desired outcome:
The battery should not charge unless it is is below the custom 'start charge' point.

Using V 2.1.1 of Power Manager and the A13 (latest) BIOS.
This looks like a bug in the battery charger firmware to me. Anyone else?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993301
Relevancy 86.18%

I keep getting a message both on boot and strangely also in Windows, RTC low battery. The laptop will simply shut down.

I guess there is a fault or the CMOS battery is actually dead. I have taken the bottom off to expose the board, and watched various tear downs, but still cannot locate the battery. I have removed the main board and the CMOS battery is not there. Is there one on these units?

This is a fairly new laptop and otherwise in good order.

Any help appreciated.

A:RTC Battery Low - Where is CMOS Battery? C50-B-14D

Some models dont have an RTC battery, they rely on the main battery to keep the time.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89691-RTC-Battery-Low-Where-is-CMOS-Battery-C50-B-14D
Relevancy 85.87%

So my issue that power and BATTERY HELP! ISSUE charge) on (not with DELL 3500 wont VOSTRO computer charging ive looked everywhere for a solution to is this nbsp I was about to give this laptop to someone and I reformatted the hard drive to clean it up before doing so nbsp After this I went to dells site and loaded up the drivers for this machine nbsp All is fine up till this point nbsp Then I updated the bios to the newest version a and all went fine Well later that day I needed to unplug the laptop and go to a different room and It just DELL VOSTRO 3500 BATTERY ISSUE (not charging and wont power on computer with charge) HELP! turned off after I unplugged it nbsp It wouldnt turn on with battery power either nbsp Plugged it back in and it loads fine but the battery is stuck on percent charge and says not charging nbsp Now im getting a message saying the battery needs to be replaced as DELL VOSTRO 3500 BATTERY ISSUE (not charging and wont power on computer with charge) HELP! well which is because I know that the battery was working just fine before this day nbsp Not only that why wont a battery with percent charge turn on the laptop nbsp Its got the flashing red battery symbol when powered on with the ac adapter but without the computer on but still plugged in the battery doesnt charge or have any lights nbsp I have already tried the uninstalling of the acpi trick as DELL VOSTRO 3500 BATTERY ISSUE (not charging and wont power on computer with charge) HELP! well as the taking the battery out while its running or taking it out purging the power and reseating nbsp Ive tried all the common tricks to no avail nbsp Not sure whats going on but I know this battery was good and it still says percent but wont charge and wont power the laptop on nbsp Hope someone can help Thanks Gary

A:DELL VOSTRO 3500 BATTERY ISSUE (not charging and wont power on computer with charge) HELP!

First check:  make sure the BIOS (F2 at powerup) recognizes the AC adapter.  If it does not, the battery will not charge. 
If the AC adapter is not recognized, try another Dell OEM adapter.  If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the DC jack:
http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=9935
And if that doesn't solve the problem, replace the mainboard.
If the AC adapter IS recognized, but the battery will not charge, unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Try again -- if the battery still won't charge, odds are the battery itself is bad.
If the battery is original to the system, it's about four years old - well past its expected lifespan.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19596394
Relevancy 81.53%

Hey guys I've had this Sony Vaio VGN-CS for almost months now and I've recently decided to upgrade it's quot Vista Home Premium quot setup to the new Windows RC I've installed and had the most basic features already supported I finally decided to attempt to get the quot fn quot keys and the top quot volume media quot control sliders to work Touch Sensitive After downloading the drivers and Shared Library and installing each restarting install restart etc I only have the volume part of the the quot fn quot keys to work The top sliders light up but have to no effect on the computer The brightness quot fn Windows RC 7 "Battery Vaio w/ Error SONY Detected" - quot SONY Vaio - "Battery Detected" Error w/ Windows 7 RC keys and top volume slider are the only real things I need as I do not use the volume network and monitor quot fn quot keys I've talked to Sony tech support and they've said to wait for October for the Windows drivers to be released and that there are generic drivers released by Microsoft They wouldn't tell me where these drivers are located and was hoping that a Support Wiz could help me out on this one I'm considered a nerd so I know my way around the computer and can do advanced operations I just need to know how to fix this problem Thank -Artur

A:SONY Vaio - "Battery Detected" Error w/ Windows 7 RC

Hello and welcome to TSF, playful_cyanide!

I snooped around Google and found this link, as it seems useful.

Also, you can use this program to give detailed analysis of your battery for reference.

I noticed you're in Sacramento, that's like right by me, I'm in Paradise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-battery-detected-error-w-windows-7-rc-404568.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi I hope someone can help me.

Today I noticed whenever I hover over the battery icon, it says BATTERY IS NOT DETECTED.
But the laptop is still working fine.
Is there a way of getting rid of this message myself?

I have a Sony Vaio and the model number is VGN-NW20EF

A:Sony Vaio "Battery not detected"

Have you checked the status of the battery to see if its even charging? if not then that might be the reason for the message and it should be replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-battery-not-detected.1121134/
Relevancy 110.51%

My Dell laptop will charge and operate for several hours off a new 6000 MAh battery but the icon in the tray inidcates that it is always on line power. Although both the CD and floppy drive work when installed in a bay the system not indicate that they are present. I have updated the bios from Dell but that does not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jerry

A:Dell Inspiron 3500 charges and runs on battery but cannot find battery or bay devices

Still under warranty, isn't it? Call Dell for a repair trip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3500-charges-and-runs-on-battery-but-cannot-find-battery-or-bay-devices.109068/
Relevancy 110.51%

Can someone help me with this problem So I just received 3315 15 Status at Inspiron Stuck 0% Charging, Battery Dell Idle? Battery my brand new Dell Inspiron and the battery is not charging It says it s quot Plugged In Charging quot but it never goes up and stays at At first Dell Inspiron 15 3315 Battery Stuck at 0% Charging, Battery Status Idle? I thought I just need to plug it in for several hours but it s been hours now and still the battery stays at nbsp I tried running the BIOS Diagnostics just to see if there are problems and there s none The battery status says everything is running normally and the Battery State says it s Idle I tried draining the flea power several times removing and reattaching the battery but to no avail I m getting really frustrated and I m really close to throwing this laptop back to Dell nbsp I read somewhere that I have to update the BIOS but it won t update unless the battery is charged at least Someone also suggested that Windows is causing the problem I haven t even started using this laptop and it s already giving me a ton of problems nbsp Any help would be much appreciated Thanks guys

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982101
Relevancy 110.51%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 110.51%
Relevancy 110.51%

After a round of Windows updates, I went to turn on my laptop and recieved the "Primary internal battery (601)" error.  After this screen, however, Windows would not load.  I have tried taking the battery out and 'draining the charge',  and starting up the computer plugged directly to AC with no battery.  Windows still does not load.  The start-up test in the diagnostics menu said the battery needed calibration, however when I go to run the battery test, it gets to "waiting for battery to charge" and exits out of the test without giving me any results at all.  Currently when turning on the computer I no longer get the "primary internal battery" error, it just goes directly to a black screen with blinking cursor.  Any help is appreciated, I'm completely at a loss here!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Primary-internal-battery-error-diagnostics-battery-test/td-p/5826046
Relevancy 109.65%

My laptop is Inspiron 14R (N4010) and the exsiting 48Whr battery is drain very quickly. So I would like to replace new once.I find 90Whr as url below compatible with mine. But I just wonder, Can 90 AC adapter use with 90Whr battery?
90Whr Batteryaccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx
90W AC adapteraccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980861
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi,  I am gonna purchase the new Inspiron 17 5000 (5759).  Just wondering if I am gonna change the battery in  the future? How can I do that?  Or we just can't change it? Thank you for your help!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996112
Relevancy 109.65%

Hello there I have an ASUS K IE laptop that i had for years now been working fine until days ACPI but is battery detect doesn't 7 Windows battery working ago this problem has been bugging me for the last days here's why my laptop suddenly didn't detect my battery thought it was because my battery was dead I searched the net on things Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working to do before quot throwing in the towel quot on my battery and today i came across a blog where the instruction was to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver I did just that and my battery suddenly worked well sort of now here's where it gets all weird every time i open my laptop i do the following plug in AC to laptop turn on laptop unplug AC laptop runs on battery log on to windows battery icon shows up as an empty charging icon then shows the quot Battery is not detected quot icon again please take note that my laptop is still ON and WORKING so this means MAYBE that my battery is working is it a battery problem or the driver is just messed up please anyone who encountered this and had SUCCESSFULLY fixed the problem coz i need to fix this right now thanks and more power to you all

A:Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

I had a problem similar a while back. Try this
1.Shut down the laptop
2.Take out the ac cord and the battery. Hold down the power for about 10 seconds to remove electric charge in the capacitors.
3.Put the battery back in and reboot.
4.Start windows normally, and See if the battery is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249894-windows-7-acpi-doesnt-detect-battery-but-battery-working.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 109.65%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 109.65%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 109.65%

HI nbsp I'm have ing trouble with my HP not status, check 93 Unknown stuck... charging, Battery Battery Pavilion p TX nbsp Notebook yr months old its battery charge Battery check Unknown 93 status, Battery not charging, stuck... got nbsp stucked at nor further charge loss nither is it getting charged I'm currently using it via my AC Adaptor and the irony is that I'm posting this from it in the same condition nbsp Things i've tried so far - Updating the bios Current nbsp BIOS Version Date Insyde F - - I have a doubt about the bios version here cause when I tried to check the current bios its showed me this one and F for Intel Processor not sure If its the proble with this case - Uninstialling the ACPI -Compliant Control Method Battery andn then redetecting it- Updating the support assistant and running the battery check which gives an unknown error tried both VERSION nbsp and VERSION - Unpluging the battery and the ac adapter and holding the power button for a whole minute-Tried HP Diagnostic Tools' Battery Check which took like - minutes and responded as no battery is pluged in nbsp Right now I don't have much in my mind to try on this If anyone knows anything please do share that might me helpful Thanks in Advance Enigma nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Battery check Unknown 93 status, Battery not charging, stuck...

Hey @EnigmaDimirti, Welcome to the forums. I'm here to help. I would strongly suggest Testing and Calibrating the Battery. Should that not solve the issue, I would suggest calling in for support to see about replacing the battery, as it should not be displaying "no battery is pluged in" when you run a battery check. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-check-Unknown-93-status-Battery-not-charging-stuck-2/td-p/5586175
Relevancy 108.79%

I have an HP Pavilion 15 that started to not charge the battery. It runs off of battery power fine, but the battery does not charge anymore. I have to run my computer off of the AC charger because I need what's left in the battery to start the computer. I had already tried going through system diagnostics. It says the AC charger is not detected. I tested it and it's putting out the proper amount of power though.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-will-not-charge/td-p/5779086
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi there, I have had my computer for about 5 years, and so when the battery finally stopped working, I figured it was time for a new one. I bought a new battery, and it works, however it won't charge. The port to charge my comptuer recently broke and I got that fixed, but now the new batterty won't charge. Are those two things related, or is there something I can do?

A:Battery Won't Charge

I would say it is possible that the power port is broken again, or not fixed properly the first time, if the battery puts out its charge it should be able to take a charge, meaning the circut boards onboard the battery should be good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-wont-charge.827625/
Relevancy 108.79%

My Dell vostro 1510's battery is not charging beyond 92%.What may be the problem

A:battery charge

Hi JITH IN,
When was the last time the battery charged for 100%? Are you using an original Dell adapter for this model? Is the adapter frayed? When the adapter is plugged in to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Does the system overheat? Does the battery get very hot? If so, remove the battery and let it cool down to room temperature for about 2 hours and then try connecting and charging the battery.
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1G6xT8d
Restart and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS and the battery health(if available).
Remove the battery and check the battery health meter by pressing the battery gauge.
If the battery is old and is not durable, then you could get the battery replaced. 
Assuming there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a battery (if in stock) - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
You could also get the battery from a 3rd party Dell parts seller - http://bit.ly/1tq2f31
My personal suggestion, is that, if you are using the system in one place, then you could continue using the system with the adapter plugged in - as a desktop machine and that you could invest your money on a new machine.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982667
Relevancy 108.79%

My computer says to get a new battery. But it won't take a charge. The drivers are supposedly up to date. What do I need to do? The new battery only has 1% power. The old battery will still charge. 

A:how do I get my new battery to charge?

Stella1,

It sounds like the new battery may be defective possibly. Which system do you have that is experiencing this issue?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/how-do-I-get-my-new-battery-to-charge/td-p/399486/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 108.79%

I recently purchased two battery s for different dell laptops One laptop Battery charge not will has a flashing red battery sensor light on the laptop It keeps appearing but with the old battery it did not appear I don t know what this means this laptop Battery will not charge is a Dell XPS M The other laptop was working fine and then one day it did not detect the ac adapter so it would not charge Then we believed that the battery had died because every time I unplugged the charger the laptop would instantly turn off So I bought a new battery hoping that was the problem but it wasn t The laptop still wont charge and every day the battery percent keeps decreasing My dad thinks that the charge card is the problem and it is the reason why the laptop won t charge I m not sure what is though and what I should do This laptop is a Dell inspiron I bought both batteries from amadvance com I bought a different battery from them for a different laptop a year ago and that laptop works fine nbsp

A:Battery will not charge

Have you tried using a different ac cable?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-will-not-charge.142938/
Relevancy 108.79%

I have a Dell Inspiron B 130 Laptop that I broke the screen on. I used it with a monitor for several months and did not unplug it or remove the battery. I replaced the screen to use as a laptop again and saw the battery would not charge. This was confirmed by the blinking orange light which according to Dell means a bad battery. I replaced the battery and the light showed it charging but the battery meter showed no progress.When I would unplug the adapter the computer would shut off. I bought a new charger hoping that was the problem but It also will not charge the battery. In short I have a new battery and charger and an indicator light that shows charging but it does not actually charge. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-does-not-charge.877919/