Windows Support Forum

Not starting normally, but starting from startup options menu using normal start

Q: Not starting normally, but starting from startup options menu using normal start

A lot of Not starting startup options normally, but menu start normal from starting using adware was downloaded to my wife's laptop and I was trying to remove it The problems included Strongvault some adware coupons in several flavors and a registry cleaner After ahving successfully uninstalled several programs and cleaned up the adware there were still remnants of Strongvault Whenever the Laptop started it would attempt to install something and the event viewer pointed to Strongvault I first ran Malwarebytes' AntiMalware software wich found some things I had not seen earlier but the install rpoblem persisted I then ran Hitman Pro and after that the problems started If I start Windows normally it stops and asks me to run Startup Repair or Start windows normally Startup Repair truies to restore to the last good image but the system restore fails I tried to start up in safe mode which works When going into the startup options I can also start windows normally and it starts up but not with the usual settings such as the see-through task bar etc but things appear to work When the normal start fails there are nothing in the event viewer to clue me into what the problem would be Does anybody have any suggestion as to what I can try to get some traces to see where things go wrong

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Not starting normally, but starting from startup options menu using normal start

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Not starting normally, but starting from startup options menu using normal start

Have you looked at msconfig?

Click start and type in msconfig and press enter.  Under the Services tab click the "hide all microsoft services" check box at the bottom and you can safely turn everything off, and then under the Startup tab you can turn everything there off.  This will at least boot cleanly and you can see how things go.

Understand some of these services and startup programs may be something you use all the time, so if there's something missing that you need starting up with the system go back through the services and startup sections and look for the one you want.  The biggest problem I usually see with people that are new to using msconfig are printer / scanner / digital camera related (Lexmark is usually indicated with an lx... listing, and hp digital imgaing for auto starting your camera / scanner software)

Just another road to explore if you haven't already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515403/not-starting-normally-but-starting-from-startup-options-menu-using-normal-start/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all First up sorry if this is in the wrong place - looked the most sensible twice starting start from Programs menu place to put it Second I've tried scouring the internet for a similar Programs starting twice from start menu problem but as of yet have been unable to find one The problem I'm experiencing occurred after some hardware problems which meant the computer was periodically crashing I Programs starting twice from start menu think I've now fixed these however a software problem with windows seems to be occurring Programs starting twice from start menu Every time I go to the start menu and load a program not one but two instances of these programs start up This doesn't occur with all programs I've tested but this may be because other programs only allow one instance to run at a time Examples of ones I've tested include Speedfan Handbrake Calculator If I start the programs from within explorer only one instance starts Interestingly not sure if this is related if I go into explorer and double click on a folder it does not open the folder i have to right click and then use the open option The computer generally feels a bit slow I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or whether I should try a repair install which will be a bit of hassle as I'll have to try to uninstall SP first Any advice greatly appreciated Veg

A:Programs starting twice from start menu

Quote: Originally Posted by Veggers

Hi all,

First up sorry if this is in the wrong place - looked the most sensible place to put it. Second, I've tried scouring the internet for a similar problem, but as of yet have been unable to find one.

The problem I'm experiencing occurred after some hardware problems, which meant the computer was periodically crashing. I think I've now fixed these, however a software problem with windows 7 seems to be occurring.

Every time I go to the start menu and load a program, not one but two instances of these programs start up. This doesn't occur with all programs I've tested, but this may be because other programs only allow one instance to run at a time. Examples of ones I've tested include Speedfan, Handbrake, Calculator. If I start the programs from within explorer, only one instance starts.

Interestingly, not sure if this is related, if I go into explorer and double click on a folder, it does not open the folder, i have to right click and then use the open option.

The computer generally feels a bit slow. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, or whether I should try a repair install (which will be a bit of hassle as I'll have to try to uninstall SP1 first).

Any advice greatly appreciated,
Veg

When you right click a folder, is the open option the top (bold) option or is it a.n other?

Regards your programs double running you might want to run the file association fix and see if that fixes it. (Will update when I find the link, bear with me.)

EDIT!! Ok you'll find the exe fix, amongst many others here. It's worth bookmarking, but don't lose it like I just did!!

The following code saved as a .reg file (e.g. Folder Fix.reg) should fix your folder problems. Make a restore point first, better safe than sorry!
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder]
"ContentViewModeLayoutPatternForBrowse"="delta"
"ContentViewModeForBrowse"="prop:~System.ItemNameDisplay;~System.LayoutPattern.PlaceHolder;~System.LayoutPattern.PlaceHolder;~System.LayoutPattern.PlaceHolder;System.DateModified"
"ContentViewModeLayoutPatternForSearch"="alpha"
"ContentViewModeForSearch"="prop:~System.ItemNameDisplay;System.DateModified;~System.ItemFolderPathDisplay"
@="Folder"
"EditFlags"=hex:d2,03,00,00
"FullDetails"="prop:System.PropGroup.Description;System.ItemNameDisplay;System.ItemTypeText;System.Size"
"NoRecentDocs"=""
"ThumbnailCutoff"=dword:00000000
"TileInfo"="prop:System.Title;System.ItemTypeText"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\DefaultIcon]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,00,68,00,\
65,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,33,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore]
"MultiSelectModel"="Document"
"ProgrammaticAccessOnly"=""
"LaunchExplorerFlags"=dword:00000018

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\command]
"DelegateExecute"="{11dbb47c-a525-400b-9e80-a54615a090c0}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command]
"DelegateExecute"="{11dbb47c-a525-400b-9e80-a54615a090c0}"
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,45,00,78,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,\

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\opennewprocess]
"MUIVerb"="@shell32.dll,-8518"
"Extended"=""
"LaunchExplorerFlags"=dword:00000003
"ExplorerHost"="{ceff45ee-c862-41de-aee2-a022c81eda92}"

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163578-programs-starting-twice-start-menu.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I'm using Windows live mail. I'd like to know if there is a way I can add a shortcut to the start menu to start calendar instead of starting mail then clicking on calendar.

A:Starting calendar directly from start menu?

Ideally there would be a command line switch to bring up the calendar. While there are very few command line options (e.g., '"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail" /mailurl:%"), I don't see one for the calendar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/206419-starting-calendar-directly-start-menu.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Dell XPS bit Windows My HDD recently failed so I ordered a new one and did a full restore off of my NTI backup drive I started the computer up with both HHD's hooked up so that I could transfer whatever filed hadn't backed up from the old to the new I then discovered that because I did so the old HDD was still labeled C and the new was now labeled D This caused the blue screen of this copy of windows is not genuine issue when only the new HDD was hooked up I researched for days If both HDD's were hooked up the computer would boot from the old one even if I selected the new one from the boot menu I downloaded Paragon HFS and installed that onto a flash drive I booted from the flash drive and selected boot correcter I switched the drive letters of the two HDD's and ran the other boot correctors as well I shutdown and removed the old HDD and started up Seemingly I not explorer.exe starting starting, startup programs not was able to explorer.exe not starting, startup programs not starting boot off the new HDD but now explorer exe was not starting It was just a black screen after logon So I ctrl alt delete to bring up talk manager and ran explorer exe and there it was The other issue is that NONE of the standard startup programs are starting My computer is essentially starting as if it is in safe mode Just the bare minimum I put in my windows reinstallation disk and booted from it and ran the repair and it did its thing Nothing changed I go into msconfig and all the normal programs that I had before are on the startup list and all are checked off except openoffice org However any changes I try to make will not take I am running msconfig as administrator Right now selective startup is selected on the general tab If I select normal startup and click apply the check goes right back to selective If I go into the startup tab and uncheck one or check openoffice org and click apply my changes are undone In the services tab all are checked off I would estimate that more services are stopped than running although I am really not sure which ones are supposed to be running and which aren't Any ideas

A:explorer.exe not starting, startup programs not starting

The processes that run on startup are as follows.

csrss.exe
winlogon.exe
atieclxx.exe
taskeng.exe
taskhost.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573421/explorerexe-not-starting-startup-programs-not-starting/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys I'm stuck and need your help not sure what to do next Short description of my issue vista starting without explorer exe so have to run explorer exe manually from the task manager to get start menu and everything running normally I am not sure of the right category because this may be is related to virus driver and system restore issues please move in the right section following is the system configuration and the history also sorry for the long message but I am really stuck here and if you could spare some time to look menu, without start starting from to have run vista explorer.exe, help! manually into this issue I tried to vista starting without explorer.exe, have to run manually from start menu, help! provide as much history and details on the issue not just to help you understand my problem vista starting without explorer.exe, have to run manually from start menu, help! but also as a warning for other users who may run into this issue in the future it may be a known issue and I just happen to run into it still I would like to provide details and history of what happened if you help me I will be in your dept for sure and you may ask my help anytime if you need something System configuration my friend has a toshiba satellite latop with vista premuim it can preloaded on the laptop I am not sure of the exact system model and processor but if it's relevant I can provide that info but I suspect there is some ASUS components drivers in the system later I will explain why I think so as I said I can provide system model or CPU or hardisk space but at this point I feel it's not relivant cause it's an issue with explorer exe right now but if you think it's required I will ask for that info please understand I am giving support over seas from this user but we are in touch via msn and phone so if you want any additional info even screen shots I will try to provide History the Problem started when she called me and showed me a screen shot of AVG anti-virus free edition trying to remove some virususes off her computer she said the virus came from a USB driver she borrowed from a friend and AVG was complaining that it is not able to remove the virus because she has to buy the full AVG version this sounded wierd I tried to verify she is using the free AVG but I am not sure so I ask her to uninstall AVG and try another anti-virus first thing came to mind is avast so I asked her to install the latest free version I think it's but it turns out it's not compatabile with vista or her system and after some searching on the net I discover a known issue with avast vista conflicting with some asus drivers and I suspect it is the same case because she is also like the others reported getting a blank screen and not able to logon but before uninstalling avast from safe mode I tried another suggestion I was not aware that avast was responsible at that point in time yet so I suggested she try last known good configuration did that but still she got blank screen again because avast was still there so I suggested she go to safe mode and try to uninstall avast this is after I found the issue with avast conflicing with asus drivers on some machines with vista after going into safe mode she gets a view of her documents and no start button after some questions on the phone I figured out that explorer exe is not running so asked her to try to run explorer exe from the task manager when she did that she got the start button and was able to goto control panel and uninstall avast and then she rebooted vista after reboot she was able to go into vista but explorer exe again won't run unless she goto task manager and run it manualy everytime she reboots I thought I'd do some research why is explorer exe not running when the system is restarting I thought maybe I could add it to the system startup or something but not sure where would be the best place do to that msconfig or startup folder for that user if someone can give me some advice that would be great s... Read more

A:vista starting without explorer.exe, have to run manually from start menu, help!

Hi Mike

Try doing from your recovery partition or recovery DVD.

System Restore - How to

Long posts are hard to read.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/254986-vista-starting-without-explorer-exe-have-run-manually-start-menu-help.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Note I do not see a way to subscribe to this answer so if you have a solution you can use my e-mail it s email protected or akram husseini at yahoo dot com but if there is a way to subscribe and get alerts when I recieve an answer that would be great but I do not see this option anywhere it even did not ask me for my e-mail or anything when I created my profile even though I have a NET manually without to explorer.exe, starting vista help! start run have menu, from windows live account anyway here is my issue vista starting without explorer exe have to run manually from start menu help Hi guys I m stuck and need your help not sure what to do next Short description of my issue vista starting without explorer exe so have to run explorer exe manually from the task manager to get start menu and everything running normally I am not sure of the right category because this may be is related to virus driver and system restore issues please move in the right section following is the system configuration and the history also sorry for the long message but I am really stuck here and if you could spare some time to look into this issue I tried vista starting without explorer.exe, have to run manually from start menu, help! to provide as much history and details on the issue not just to help you understand my problem but also as a warning for other users who may run into this issue in the future it may be a known issue and I just happen to run into it still I would like to provide details and history of what happened if you help me I will be in your dept for sure and you may ask my help anytime if you need something System configuration my friend has a toshiba satellite latop with vista premuim it can preloaded on the laptop I am not sure of the exact system model and processor but if it s relevant I can provide that info but I suspect there is some ASUS components drivers in the system later I will explain why I think so as I said I can provide system model or CPU or hardisk space but at this point I feel it s not relivant cause it s an issue with explorer exe right now but if you think it s required I will ask for that info please understand I am giving support over seas from this user but we are in touch via msn and phone so if you want any additional info even screen shots I will try to provide History the Problem started when she called me and showed me a screen shot of AVG anti-virus free edition trying to remove some virususes off her computer she said the virus came from a USB drive she borrowed from a friend and AVG was complaining that it is not able to remove the virus because she has to buy the full AVG version this sounded wierd I tried to verify she is using the free AVG but I am not sure so I ask her to uninstall AVG and try another anti-virus first thing came to mind is avast so I asked her to install the latest free version I think it s but it turns out it s not compatabile with vista or her system and after some searching on the net I discover a known issue with avast vista conflicting with some asus drivers and I suspect it is the same case because she is also like the others reported getting a blank screen and not able to logon but before uninstalling avast from safe mode I tried another suggestion I was not aware that avast was responsible at that point in time yet so I suggested she try last known good configuration did that but still she got blank screen again because avast was still there so I suggested she go to safe mode and try to uninstall avast this is after I found the issue with avast conflicing with asus drivers on some machines with vista after going into safe mode she gets a view of her documents and no start button after some questions on the phone I figured out that explorer exe is not running so asked her to try to run explorer exe from the task manager when she did that she got the start button and was able to goto control panel and uninstall avast and then she rebooted vista after reboot she was able ... Read more

A:vista starting without explorer.exe, have to run manually from start menu, help!

go to "my account".under subscriptions ."subscribed threads in folder"on bottom of page ie "selected threads.in drop down menu click on "instant email notifications".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-starting-without-explorer-exe-have-to-run-manually-from-start-menu-help.868726/
Relevancy 84.28%

I just noticed this yesterday and I starting priority priority normal in start Programs should high believe it is what has been giving me computer problems for the past few days So what I ve spotted is in Task Manger that about regularly running programs that normally start in Normal Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority priority are now starting in High priority I m running Windows XP Pro I ve rebooted check the msconfig to see if anything looks Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority out of place I ve ran ad-aware spybot search and destroy and did some registry cleanup with Glary Utitlities Nothing has fixed this issue My computer has been sluggish Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority and had a few problems with IE just freezing the computer up when it was working on something Other programs have done this too at different times resulting in my only choice to restart the computer or try waiting out the issue and force quit the offending program As an aside I don t regularly use IE I use Firefox or Google Chrome but jump into IE for specific websites that require it I haven t installed anything that is sketchy or should have changed this start up behavior Any idea on how these programs are starting in high priority and what I can do about it I just loaded HijackThis on the system and it started in High priority Maybe I m just off my rocker but I could swear these programs were starting in Normal priority Here is a quick list of running processes that are in high priority ekrn exe svchost exe mozystat exe StarWindServiceAE exe csrss exe winlogon exe services exe PDVDServ exe svchost exe FeedStation exe OpenDNS Updater exe winvnc exe iPodService exe APAgent exe CCC exe GoogleCalendarSync exe SetPoint exe cfp exe ItunesHelper exe vmware-auth exe jusched exe egui exe hqtray exe hamachi exe OneNoteM exe PTSync exe ctfmon exe robotaskbaricon exe winvnc exe firefox exe notepad exe Outlook exe taskmgr exe Those are the current ones at high priority I m positive some if not almost all of those are suppose to be at Normal priority I can go through by hand and set most of them down to normal priority That takes a lot of time though and isn t the solution I m hoping for Here is the Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciServiceHost exe C Program Files MozyHome mozybackup exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files OpenDNS Updater OpenDNS Updater exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files CyberLink ... Read more

A:Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority

I've started using Process Lasso to push the programs into the correct priority level. Still trying to figure out why Windows XP is doing this. Any suggestions or ideas on where to look?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-starting-in-high-priority-should-start-normal-priority.857175/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I am having a problem where programs on my XP box that I am quite certain SHOULD be starting as a normal base priority are starting as high I found a post from August of that describes the issue perfectly but no one responded Any ideas why this would be happening Even stuff like notepad starts as a high priority Almost all programs do but some do not For example when I open WinAmp it starts as a normal priority -Bill http forums techguy org showthread php t amp referrerid Programs starting in high priority should priority priority in normal start starting should high Programs start normal priority I just noticed this yesterday and I believe it is what has been giving me computer problems for the past few days Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority So what Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority I ve spotted is in Task Manger that about regularly running programs that normally start in Normal priority are now starting in High priority I m running Windows XP Pro I ve rebooted check the msconfig to see if anything looks out of place I ve ran ad-aware spybot search and destroy and did some registry cleanup with Glary Utitlities Nothing has fixed this issue My computer has been sluggish and had a few problems with IE just freezing the computer up when it was working on something Other programs have done this too at different times resulting in my only choice to restart the computer or try waiting out the issue and force quit the offending program As an aside I don t regularly use IE I use Firefox or Google Chrome but jump into IE for specific websites that require it I haven t installed anything that is sketchy or should have changed this start up behavior Any idea on how these programs are starting in high priority and what I can do about it I just loaded HijackThis on the system and it started in High priority Maybe I m just off my rocker but I could swear these programs were starting in Normal priority Here is a quick list of running processes that are in high priority ekrn exe svchost exe mozystat exe StarWindServiceAE exe csrss exe winlogon exe services exe PDVDServ exe svchost exe FeedStation exe OpenDNS Updater exe winvnc exe iPodService exe APAgent exe CCC exe GoogleCalendarSync exe SetPoint exe cfp exe ItunesHelper exe vmware-auth exe jusched exe egui exe hqtray exe hamachi exe OneNoteM exe PTSync exe ctfmon exe robotaskbaricon exe winvnc exe firefox exe notepad exe Outlook exe taskmgr exe Those are the current ones at high priority I m positive some if not almost all of those are suppose to be at Normal priority I can go through by hand and set most of them down to normal priority That takes a lot of time though and isn t the solution I m hoping for Here is the Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciServiceHost exe C Program Files MozyHome mozybackup exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware... Read more

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, Fellow Forum Members,
I am new to here.
I own a PC with an OS of Windows XP Professional. The Start-Menu
chosen is a "Classical Mode" arrangment. I wish to start the "Start-
Menu" without using the Mouse, or, alternately, (even a better
solution) to start ihe Run Box as a stand-alone utility, without
invoking the "Start-Menu.
Thanks a lot, Mluse.

A:Starting "Start-Menu"without using the Mouse

Display or hide the Start menu. Windows Key or CTRL+ESC
Switch between open windows. ALT+TAB
Switch between open windows in the order they were opened. ALT+ESC
Open the Run dialog box. Windows Key+R
Minimize all windows. Windows Key+M
Display Windows Help. Windows Key+F1
Search for computers. CTRL+Windows Key+F
Search for a file or folder. Windows Key+F
Open My Computer. Windows Key+E

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/starting-start-menu-without-using-the-mouse.569211/
Relevancy 79.12%

First of all, forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong area.

My wife's computer is a Dell Optiplex GX270 which runs XP Pro SP3. When she runs AOL, it starts in a normal window, even though "maximized" is selected in the shortcut's properties menu.  She can maximize the window once she's in there but she wants it to behave like she's telling it to.  Is there anything I can do to make it open maximized?

A:AOL 9.5 starting in "normal" window

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_get_a_windows_program_to_always_open_maximized.html

Best of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534943/aol-95-starting-in-normal-window/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Mode starting Normal PC in not All PC not starting in Normal Mode I am having a serious problem with my PC Problem Yesterday I was installing Ms Sql Server and the installation failed due to a MOF syntax error I shut down my PC and went to sleep Today morning when I switched on my PC windows xp welcome screen loaded and the desktop was all blank without any taskbar or desktop icons I did a Ctrl Alt Del and ended the explorer exe task and ran it again Still nothing I then restarted the PC in safe mode and the desktop loaded perfectly fine with all the icons I then started it back again in normal mode and still the same problem I thought of installing windows xp again but when i booted the cd it said CD BOOT Memory Overflow error and the cd did not get booted I dont know how to fix my pc I am stuck Could you pleassee pleasee pleasee help me fix my PC Thank You nbsp

A:PC not starting in Normal Mode

could somebody please help me out??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-starting-in-normal-mode.1116237/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have been using successfully my PC with my old Pentium III/700; enough good space; external hard disk of 80Gb; RAM 1G. Continuos defrag, cleaning, etc. Now it starts, sometimes instantly; sometimes takes more than five minutes stopping in different moments of the process. Also, in every application sometimes functioning in slow as for typing and searching: characters do not appear instantly while typing. Also Fireworks disapperead and synchronizing also. Actually I am tired to have so frequently new troubles that I do not understand. As a matter of facts scanning with Malwarabyte's Anti.Malaware, is extremly dangerous because it has just deleted me NOD32 and Firefox, Many thanks and greetings.

A:Intermitent Xp Pro Normal Starting

Try running Check-disk.

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After it?s finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159338/intermitent-xp-pro-normal-starting/
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently installed Spyware Doctor I ran the quick scan It found one infection - Application nirCmd or something It was located in the registry I Fix Checked it and it created a restore point and deleted it Restarted the comp After that it hasnt been working properly It loaded up normally but none of the applications were working An application error was coming up All mode!! not starting up Windows normal in applications like rundll exe and vlc exe Then i restarted and started it in safe mode Ran system restore Restored it to a prev restore point before the installation Windows not starting up in normal mode!! of Spyware Doctor After that The Windows XP loading screen comes Num lock working During the middle of the loading the Num lock light goes off and cannot be switched ON again An after the Windows XP loading screen goes away Only a blank screen can be seen without the mouse icon It loads up in Safe mode but not normally Please help quickly I cant stand my comp not working Am a comp addict Thanks nbsp

A:Windows not starting up in normal mode!!

Hi try.
Boot from Xp Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Enter.
Type chkdsk /r [note space ]
Window will fix errors..
Type Exit
And press Enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-starting-up-in-normal-mode.761598/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am having windows xp professional sp3 on my desktop[compaq]. My problem is that windows is not starting in normal mode. At the start up it shows windows logo but then it gives options to start in safe mode etc. I started in safe mode, scanned for spy ware and viruses with Avast and SuperAnti spy ware. Tried to restore to previous restore points. Tried to select "Last good configuration". Did not work. I did not installed any new application or any hardware before this problem started. I even ran msconfig. and stopped extra programs but still it is not working. Any help please?

Relevancy 78.26%

i have compaq presario sr nx and i have an issue that started after i opened the case and used my compressor to blow the dust out up freezes 15 and up normal booting after pc min starting not of it its not the first time ive done this like times to be exact my machines issue starts when i turn it on the fans pc not starting up normal and freezes 15 min after booting up go on but the cpu fan runs the pc not starting up normal and freezes 15 min after booting up loudest and it displays nothing other attempts it turns on normal but still nothing on the display after idk pc not starting up normal and freezes 15 min after booting up the twentieth attempt of turning on and off it finally boots up normally but i cant do nothing major like go on the web to long because it freezes right away i could listen to music but it will eventually freeze after fifteen minutes or the display will turn to an orange or blue screen the pc does have some upgrades like a graphics card for two dvi inputs and power supply which were done about a year ago if anything i think it might be the mother board which can be replaced but idk can anyone spread some knowledge and give their opinion of what this issue might be

A:pc not starting up normal and freezes 15 min after booting up

When you blow dust out, you want to do so in the following sequence.Shut down and turn off the computer
unplug all power sources from the case
hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all power from components
remove the case
blow out dust
replace case
plug power supplies back into the computer
turn the computer on

If you do not follow the above steps, you risk damaging components. Also, if you are using a compressor at full pressure, you may damage components by the pressure applied to them. It is better to use a compressor designed for electronics or change the pressure output so it is not too high for the compressor you use.

All that being said, can you follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with additional logs to diagnose whether it is a Windows related issue or hardware issue? I realize you are not having a blue screen crash, but those instructions produce other log files that are useful for troubleshooting steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208084-pc-not-starting-up-normal-freezes-15-min-after-booting-up.html
Relevancy 78.26%

will not start in normal mode some times will start in safe mode but runs super slow it will time out and go to blue screen before i can read all the info it shuts down. I would reinstall but can't find my restore cd my wife cleaned and reorganized office can't find it. I have noticed a lot of people are having the same problem after the latset updates from microsoft. I have the harddrive slaved to this computer need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-xp-starting-in-normal-or-safemode.903352/
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm running windows XP Home and it won't start up in normal mode anymore. Well the computer starts off to the boot page where it says Windows XP home with the little thing running on the bottom and then it starts off from the beginning and takes me were I have to choose between safe mode, normal mode etc. I can start up in safe mode hence this thread but normal mode just won't work. This problem happens when my computer suddenly goes completely blank into a black screen and does not respond. I know that if I press the power button and hold it for 5 seconds, it's suppose to shut down. Well when that black blank screen appears, I press the power buttong once just like a mouse click and it shuts down. someone please help

A:windows not starting with normal mode anymore

there should be another start up option which is - last known configuration that works, try that, otherwise use a system restore point in safe mode, but you might lose some settings depending on when your last restore point was set. good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-starting-with-normal-mode-anymore.298923/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with windows 7 installed
The problem is that the screen gets distorted and system hangs when i start my laptop normally.Sometimes the screen gets distorted while starting windows and sometimes after start up.But when i start in safe mode the system works fine.
Can anyone help me with this issue?

A:Distorted screen while starting in normal mode

anybody knows abt this issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/distorted-screen-while-starting-in-normal-mode-665607.html
Relevancy 77.4%

In the past few weeks I have noticed a disturbing trend with my comp Every evening I do a normal shutdown using the start menu option etc let the computer turn off by itself The errors up PC down. shut normal only after a windows starting has next morning when I turn it on it always has some sort of error as it s finishing loading windows This is in Windows Vista The main one I ve noticed is a blue screen as it s beginning the quot loading windows quot screen Other errors that have rarely occurred once or twice At the windows login waiting for password the graphics fritzed and lines appeared like it had been scrambled Also once it loaded windows but seemed to have an error loading the Aero theme it was an extremely basic color scheme like classic To restart after the error I turn off the computer using the second power down and what s weird is after this it restarts perfectly and functions normally every time I m not sure if this means that the windows shut down isn t functioning correctly a ram issue or what I haven t tried much yet I figure maybe a reformat is in order as well as PC has errors starting up only after a normal windows shut down. attempting to re-seat different components but I just wanted to check here to see if anyone knew anything specific about this Thanks

A:PC has errors starting up only after a normal windows shut down.

I tend to try the easy possibilities first.I would uninstall the current video drivers, via Device Manager...then reboot the system and reinstall same drivers. They could be damaged and the effects that you mention could all be due to damaged video drivers.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:List last 10 Event Viewer ErrorsList Minidump FilesClick GO button, wait a few seconds, copy and paste the onscreen results into your next post.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455586/pc-has-errors-starting-up-only-after-a-normal-windows-shut-down/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

As per in the title my gtalk is not opening after install. I've updated to SP1 one week back. But today I noticed this problem. I could open it from the start menu.. Any clues ? Please help...

A:Google talk is not starting after install.. why so ? Is it normal ?

hey, I found a solution.. I restored UAC value to default and the problem is solved...

Thank U..

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/236535-google-talk-not-starting-after-install-why-so-normal.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I've just had a panic call from a friend. Booting his PC would normally take him to the user name/password screen. Tonight it has gone straight to Windows 8 but all of his normal programs/icons/favourites have gone. Umpteen restarts do the same thing. While taking him through the user access screens over the phone, it seems his username/account is still there. He says there is no switch user/log off on the start/shutdown button.

Any suggestions what may have happened and how to resolve this?

Martin

A:Starting computer has bypassed normal login process

While I have no idea of possible causes, can the user F8 into Safe Mode, then into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/68494-starting-computer-has-bypassed-normal-login-process.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,

After I started having problems, I posted something on the 'am i infected board'.  I ran through some tests, etc. with them and am still having issues.  They said you may be able to help.

Refer to original posts here for prior logs, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504861/think-my-win7-machine-is-infected/#entry3142437

I'll run the other tool recommended on that link tonight,  but would like to know what other tests I need to run as well.

Thanks!

A:Windows freezes 5 minutes after starting in normal mode

Just follow these instructions.  These are not tests of any sort, just data summaries that give us more current info about your system...they save a lot of time and questions.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506114/windows-freezes-5-minutes-after-starting-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 76.54%

When I start up windows in [SOLVED] starting mode. PLEASE! Windows not normal NEEDED HELP now nothing shows except my background wallpaper image No icons nothing It just stays on the wallpaper image and nothing loads up THe last thing I remember doing was a simple PC cleanup as I always have done I used Disk Cleanup from the System Tools menu to quickly cleanup all [SOLVED] Windows not starting in normal mode. HELP NEEDED PLEASE! the offline data and recycle bin stuff etc and I used a well trusted program called System Guards to clean my system [SOLVED] Windows not starting in normal mode. HELP NEEDED PLEASE! and registry of broken and unnecesary items that are found After that I also edited my internet connection [SOLVED] Windows not starting in normal mode. HELP NEEDED PLEASE! speed with Speed Booster I have done this many times before to increase my speed Now after I restarted my PC and trying about times nothing loads up as I said before I have only been able to enter and load up in Safe Mode so I need some help as to what caused this problem and how I can fix it please Note that my System Restore does not work never has for a while so I cant do a restore

A:[SOLVED] Windows not starting in normal mode. HELP NEEDED PLEASE!

Ok funny thing now Im not posting this message in normal mode. I didnt do anything except for a Trojan Remover scan while I was just in Safe mode. The scan picked up and changed NOTHING, so I just restarted my PC and to my happiness find that it works all loaded up now. Although who knows for how long, I will keep this updated and either call it solved or re-ask for help. Cheers until then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-not-starting-in-normal-mode-help-needed-please-235877.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My Dell is turning on, and then I see F2 and F12 option. Then it says windows did not shut properly so do the repair which is recommended. There is also an option to start normally. When I click the option to start normally it doesn't and it keeps restarting. If I click the repair option it starts up a scanning program startup repair and it goes on for over one hour.
What does this mean and what can I do to repair my computer?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463014/computer-not-starting-past-the-boot-options/
Relevancy 76.54%

Using Windows XP Home and trying to start in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key which brings me to a Boot Menu with no "Safe Mode" option listed. I can start in "Safe Mode" by going into the System Configuration Utility and selecting the BOOT.INI tab and putting a check mark at the /SAFEBOOT and then restarting my system, but I would prefer to tap a "F" key while restarting.

All the documents I read concerning starting in Safe Mode says to use the F8 key for Windows XP but it's not working on my system.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks ...

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello excuse me for my English i have a problem with my laptop My main problem is to acces and backup data For keeps Vista starting recovery system options in this I am asking for a solution More than a week ago i think i ran into a virus My computer was running with some error messages but it was running I thought system recovery Vista keeps starting in system recovery options optios was a good idea to run possibly help solving some problems I ran recovery options but i got the message that it was unable to recover found problems I restarted the laptop Now the problem is that system recovery options keeps starting when i start my laptop In other words i am unable to acces windows or all my data I can run chksk in command prompt that doe not help system restore gives an error and is unable to perform and system repair sais it can fix the problems After i restart system recovery options starts again and again and so on Same in the Safe mode Now format and reinstalling the laptop is a solution An other solution which i can perform as a non computer expert is more than welcom But the most important thing for me is acces to my data and emails Can someone plese give me a simple and working solution for this Maybe stupid ideas from me but is it possible in any of the ways described below Install a second windows for example XP on the second hard drive of the laptop Posibble and how is the procedure Entering windows in a different way maybe not running fully but enough to acces data and copie it to an external harddisk device Downloading or making a startup dvd on an other pc Does that work help and what is the procedure Many thanks in front

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337408/vista-keeps-starting-in-system-recovery-options/
Relevancy 75.68%

I bought my Acer Extensa 5620 on 05-31-2008. Worked well for the first year. As of June 04, 2009, it stopped working abruptly. It doesn't stay ready, but, DUMPS memory and restarts continuously. I used the boot up disks (Recovery & System) CD's to reboot several times. Still it doesn't work. I took it back to the computer store (Office Depot). They refused to even lok at it without $149.00 upfront.

Please HELP!

A:My ACER LapTop Dumping Memory when starting in Normal Mode.

If this is still under warranty, I suggest you call ACER.

Try Vista Startup Repair if it helps. Also try going back to a previous restore point.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-acer-laptop-dumping-memory-when-starting-in-normal-mode-390822.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Combo fix was run a couple times...he said not sure where download came from ( was trying to get rid of security tool virus that was redirecting websites occasionally) ...but said he didn't remember any messages coming up...restarted. Everything was fine...installed malware bytes constant protection....later that night I installed free avg 2012 and ran scans everything good...computer ran great....shut down at night...in morning windows would not load in regular or safe mode....when try to repair it goes to launch windows repair or start windows normally screen....when hit launch repair it goes back to that screen....if you start in safe mode it says that it is loading windows files then blue screen appears with STOP: c0000135 program can not load %hs is missing.

A:Ran combo fix (not sure where download came from) but windows 7 not starting in normal or safe mode

Please follow the instructions in ==>Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.Most importantly please be patient till you get a reply to your topic.Also please read:No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. When issues arise with new malware infections or other security tools conflicting with ComboFix, experts are aware of them and can advise users what should or should not be done while providing assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment. Please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here. What specific issues are you having that requires using ComboFix?Compliments of QuietMan7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432804/ran-combo-fix-not-sure-where-download-came-from-but-windows-7-not-starting-in-normal-or-safe-mode/
Relevancy 75.68%

When I start my PC in normal mode and log in it takes quite a long time when it says loading desktop Once it finally finishes it comes to a blank desktop with a message from rundll that says quot There was a problem starting nvcpl dll quot quot Access Denied quot I went nvcpl.dll" "problem normal mode work in won't starting windows to msconfig in safemode and disables the nonmicrosoft services and tried running it in normal mode again The message doesn t show up but otherwise the same problem I think I may have malware spyware and I tried running an ESET scan in safemode but when I try I get this in the command prompt quot ECLS Command-line scanner version copy - ESET spol s r o Module loader version build Module perseus version build Module scanner version build Module archiver version build Module advheur version build Command line auto Scan started at name quot C hiberfil sys quot threat quot quot action quot quot info quot error opening quot name quot C pagefile sys quot threat quot quot action quot quot info quot error opening quot quot I am running -bit version of Windows I can t think of any other important info about my PC that might be needed but please tell me if I missed some Thanks

A:"problem starting nvcpl.dll" windows won't work in normal mode

Might be worth mentioning that I also just tried the ESET online virus scan (twice now) and about a fourth of the way through my computer just shut down and took about 5 tries to restart.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411773/problem-starting-nvcpldll-windows-wont-work-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 75.25%

Please help me on solving this. BSOD is so irritating i can't do what i want on my laptop.
It all starts if i'm not wrong is when i updated my laptop using Windows Update after then i accidentally shut my computer down at the time in its installing restart process. Then tomorrow after that i open my laptop then boom BSOD!
BSOD occurs when:
started clicking google chrome, starting NBA 2k14.
im not sure if thats the only thing that trigger the BSOD problem.
Appreciate any help here! Thank you sevenforums

A:BSOD starts when starting to use google chrome,starting Nba2k15

Need some help here please!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384332-bsod-starts-when-starting-use-google-chrome-starting-nba2k15.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, my system (xp sp3-recently upgraded from sp2) is a mess. there are many problems with it. the most urgent/annoying one is: 1. when i try to boot in safe mode, all options take me to bsd. it's been like this for months. i had a huge infection back then. what info would you like to know in order to help me?

A:restoring my system- starting with fixing: all safe mode options crash to bsd

all the anti virus software i've used since i disinfected my os say it's clean. i think some (or many) of the system files are corrupt. how can i fix the ones related to safe mode (no cd)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517885/restoring-my-system-starting-with-fixing-all-safe-mode-options-crash-to-bsd/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everyone just joined the forum and I have a pretty major problem A couple days ago my computer suddently restarted while I My boot past isn't menu starting the computer was browsing the internet after restarting like this my copmuter was unable to get past the boot screen menu the My computer isn't starting past the boot menu black screen where all the system and BIOS information scrolls through - it never got to the Windows XP icon What happened was I was given the options to start windows in Safe Mode Start Windows Normally or Start Windows from last working spot All three options didn t work for me and specifically when I chose quot Start Windows Normally quot I got an error The following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM When selecting either of the three options the computer attempted to start windows and then reset making this process seem like an infinite loop I tried using a Windows XP CD and booting from the CD but when it attempted to boot I recieved a blue screen error that recommended I restart my computer After waiting I didn t do anything to the computer I chose safe mode again in hopes that my computer would be fixed This time when selecting Safe Mode I was able to get into Windows and then I was able to start windows normally I didn t do anything while in Safe Mode For about hous I was able to use the computer normally browse the internet play games but sometimes my computer would restart suddently like it did the first time although this time I was able to get back into Windows Earlier this morning while playing a game my computer restarted suddently again except this time I wasn t able to get back into Windows no matter what I did I called support but they were no help other than telling me I might have a hardware problem and now I m still unable to boot into my computer And what s worse is that I move into my college dorm tomorrow night If anyone at all could tell me what they think the problem might be and how to fix it or if I should call a computer repair service it would be very much appreciated Thanks P S If it helps I just recently installed an LCD monitor I m not sure if this would cause this problem but it might be of some help to the people here Also my sndvol exe file was missing from my SYSTEM folder but I replaced it while my computer was working nbsp

A:My computer isn't starting past the boot menu

Hi and welcome to TSG

If you can get back into Windows....

Start > Run ...type in.....sfc /scannow ( note space after sfc )
This will check out the system files and repair if any are missing / corrupt.
You may be asked for the Windows installation disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-isnt-starting-past-the-boot-menu.627215/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi I have learnt my neighbour my lap top to do his school work. he gave it back to me with a starting up problem. he calms he did nothing.

I really need my stuff on my laptop. the starting up repair doesnt not work. neither does putting it back to a earlier stage.

I have windows 7 ultimate. I have no windows disk .

please can someone assist. would really appreciate it

A:starting up problems, starting up repair not helping

You did do "startup repair"? Did you click "view diagnostics details" (or something similar)? It displays the tests it did and the results. I'm not interested in status 0x0 status. What tests had status other than 0x0?

Did you try "system restore" to a date/rime priot to having problems?

What is exactly happening on normal boot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/342405-starting-up-problems-starting-up-repair-not-helping.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Not sure if this is the best thread for this issue but hopefully someone can from appearing boot a Issues Dual starting when shutdown with not menu help I have a laptop which had Windows Issues with Dual boot menu not appearing when starting from a shutdown installed on a normal HDD and an SSD which I added after it was lying around spare I then updated to Windows via the free upgrade Everything was working fine and I decided to put Windows on the SSD for quicker booting I did a clean install on the SSD using the Windows installation media and everything now works fine until I shut down the laptop After powering on and seeing the Bios screen I then just get a black screen and the boot menu to choose which OS to boot off Windows is now installed on both the HDD and the SSD does not appear A workaround is to go into the Bios after powering on and exiting the Bios without making any changes then the boot menu appears as normal and I can log in to either installed OS Also if I'm in Windows and restart then everything works as expected Although I have a workaround it is not ideal and wondered if anyone had seen any issues like this before and whether there were any solutions I've tried the repair tools from the Windows installation media which said there was nothing to repair and have tried swapping to the old text based boot menu which had the same problems Any help would be gratefully appreciated Astro

A:Issues with Dual boot menu not appearing when starting from a shutdown

Hello Astro, welcome to tenforums.com!

One of two things:
- either the boot loader did not create separate entries for 2 identical OS's, or
- the time-out may have been set to 0,
Hold 'Shift' and press Restart to check the options.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37015-issues-dual-boot-menu-not-appearing-when-starting-shutdown.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My computer has just decided to boot really slow, and when it's finished booting up more than half of my startup items have not started up. I'm running XP Home SP2.

Relevancy 71.38%

Have an odd issue I was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction on fixing. My grandpa's computer (Windows 7 Home Premium Edition, 64-bit Service Pack 1) has 2 programs automatically start up when the computer is rebooted. Internet Explorer, and Hoyle Games Solitaire. 

I ran msconfig and don't see either one listed in the startup tab. Also looked in the startup tab folder and don't see either of them there as well. 

I ran Malwarebyte which came up totally clean, and a full AV scan (Viper) which came up clean as well.

Am I just overlooking something? I don't get how they are starting at start up.. or how I can make them stop.

I asked him if he had changed anything as of late, and he said he hasn't. Really all he does is check email (Yahoo email) and play a couple games that are installed. 

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Programs starting not in startup

Programs initiating at startup...can be registry entries or files and not all of them are reflected in any one or two locations.  You can use a startup manager to see all startups.

The best (IMO) is Autoruns for Windows, you can run it online.  Take a look at the the Logon tab.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584425/programs-starting-not-in-startup/
Relevancy 71.38%

When I boot up my computer, my startup items are not always starting up. I have checked the settings in msconfig and the ones that are checked are still not starting up. Any ideas why and what can I do to remedy the problem. I am running XP Home sp2.

Relevancy 71.38%

Just recently my laptop (Dell 6000) has taken about 15 seconds longer than usual for me to actually start accessing programs when I start up.

Most noteably is MSN Messenger. At least three times a day, the windows will not respond, or open up when I click them from the taskbar. It will act as if I never clicked it, and a simple fix is by RIGHT clicking it for it to respond. It just hangs like I never touched it. I'll constnatly be having to rightclick the window or taskbar window for it to start responding.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

-sachit

A:WinXP Pro starting to lag on startup

Have you run anti-spyware programs?

How many services run on your laptop? The more things that load on startup the slower it will be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-pro-starting-to-lag-on-startup.411094/
Relevancy 71.38%

Win firewall keeps starting at startup/reboot even though I shut it off in control panel.
I use sygate firewall and it worked fine until lately.
I have tried a reinstall of sygate but that did not solve prob.
Now I can not get win firewall to quit starting and I have to shut it off every time I reboot.
What would I look for in msconfig or reg to solve this?
Help please !!

TIA

A:win firewall keeps starting at startup

Welcome to TSG

start, run, type services.msc and click OK, right click in the windows firewall/ICS service, properties, set the startup type to disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-firewall-keeps-starting-at-startup.639724/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have several programs such as AVG, Setpoint, Comodo firewall and Steam set to automatically start when i boot Windows 7. But nothing ever starts up... I have to manually open each one. I went into msconfig and it shows all these programs are in startup. I have 64 bit if that makes a difference.

Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

Newbie here.

I have Windows 7 and everytime I startup the computer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and AutoCAD start automagically. This is getting extremely frustrating.

I have even looked into the msconfig program with Windows and none of these programs are checked in the Startup Tab.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

A:Can't Keep Software from Starting at Startup

Hi siteturbo and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

What do the following keys in the registry show?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/137074-cant-keep-software-starting-startup.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey all Once again I come to the mighty Tech Support Guy starting not Startup Ewido at forums in search of an answer I downloaded Ewido from Grisoft and I have days left in my subscription before it turns into freeware I Ewido not starting at Startup ve been noticing for the past two days however Ewido isn t starting up with the resident scanshield or coming up on my task bar That little area by my clock when I start up my computer after I open up the program though there it is So Ewido not starting at Startup I ran a HJT log and ran a scan on Trend Micro nothing came up in the Trend Micro Here is my HJT log maybe I m just being overly worried but I dunno Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Documents and Settings HP Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hp... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ewido-not-starting-at-startup.507128/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Yes I have searched the forum on the topic and actually saw some exactly like mine but no solution was available in any of them The problem is that when I successfully logon to my vista OS at the point when Programmes Startup starting not the desktop items should show nothing happens I just get a blank screen So currently I access the system and desktop by calling task manager with Ctrl Alt Del But even then Startup Programmes not starting the startup programmes don't come up The taskbar on the bottom right remain blank but for the network and battery icon The graphics is not optimum - which is my worry - because some java applications and Virtual PC appear transparent and even even stain as if I have poor VGA memory when I drag the window around angrily actually I wouldn't want to tinker with the graphics until the startup programmes run normally on successful login It seems something is stopping the startup programmes from running MSCONFIG show they are all enabled and the HKLM run registery entries seem to be ok I've scanned my system for viruses Nothing I hope Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-programmes-not-starting-442317.html
Relevancy 71.38%

On startup I am starting to get this little window...

"INTEL(R) Proset/Wireless Event Log Service stopped working and it was closed.

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly."

I had/have an old intel wireless driver that is out of date and no longer supported.

I did an uninstall and reboot and it seemed to have cured this problem, but alas it has returned.

Could someone, please, help me solve this problem, as it seems to perplex the manufacturer and windows ?

Thanks so much, Mike

A:On startup I am starting to get this little window

Welcome
Its just more of what is called bloat. Unnecessary software that really does not do much good.
This will solve the problem
Go into msconfig and stop the service from running at startup.
If even the manufactuer was not familiar with the warning, it could not be very important.
If you do encounter problems in the future we can act on it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291327-startup-i-am-starting-get-little-window.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Please help. everything is written on screen shot, easier
Tanks

A:Windows8 consumer preview is starting up with no dual boot menu!urgent

you should get the option to boot into win7 half way through the win8 boot up before you get the log on screen for win 8

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4746-windows8-consumer-preview-starting-up-no-dual-boot-menu-urgent.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Narrator is starting automatically without any reason . Everyday a problem crops up. I have windows 10 home version.

A:Narrator starting automatically during startup

Check the settings for Use the Computer without a Display options in Ease of Access Center

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/436273-narrator-starting-automatically-during-startup.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I can get to the settings where I can control what programs are allowed to startup
BUT: there are are several ones that I can't control

OK... I can understand ones for Windows OS not being allowed to be tampered with
BUT: others are 3rd party programs that I'm not sure how best to control

One of the ones that winds me up is the Adobe Updater
If I update updates it wants me to - then Adobe Acrobat stop working properly - so I don't want to update!!

How can I be in FULL control of what's being allowed to load at startup??
+ Is there anyway of stopping some other programs starting later!!

Thanks
OM

A:How do I stop some programs from starting in startup?

Ever tried msconfig? (Run > msconfig > Startup tab)

Autoruns?

Or, maybe WinPatrol?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-stop-some-programs-from-starting-in-startup.1035011/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there.
I've added a file to my startup folder in Windows 10, but this file never gets exected.
I selected it in the folder and it runs ok. It just doesn't run automatically.

WampServer64

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-in-startup-folder-not-starting.1169651/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a few things in my startup list Here are the programs that starting not in startup Programs list up should be starting up and the entry type they are according to CCleaner easiest way to see startup list stuff HKCU Run Skype HKCU Run Steam HKLM Run vmware-tray exe Startup User FAHControl Folding Home Startup User Firefox Startup User HexChat IRC program Startup User VMware Workstation Startup User ZBar software for adding taskbars to other monitors In Programs in startup list not starting up addition I have a custom fan profile for my video card set with MSI Afterburner The 'apply these setings on startup' option is set but Afterburner does not appear in the Programs in startup list not starting up startup list However it usually gets applied The keyword there is 'usually' Some of my programs just don't start up Afterburner's fan profile doesn't always get applied and it seems to happen more and more frequently which is a major issue for me since running F H will send my card rocketing over degrees in mere minutes yes I know cards can take more but still Then there are times when ZBar FAHControl but the F H service runs Only the control UI doesn't load and HexChat wont load either So these four programs will sometimes fail to load They won't all necessarily fail to load though Sometimes only one or two won't load but there doesn't appear to be a pattern to this There doesn't appear to be a pattern to which startups these programs will fail to load on either I'm going to list all my running services below as they are the only things I have touched in months and this problem has been going on for about that length of time However I doubt anything here will help No harm in posting anyway Com Event System Cryptographic Services DCOM Server Process Launcher Desktop Window Manager Session Manager DHCP Client DNS Client Group Policy Client Network Connections Network List Service Network Location Awareness Network Store Interface Service Plug and Play Power Remote Procedure Call RPC RPC Endpoint Mapper Security Accounts Manager Superfetch System Event Notification Service Task Scheduler Telephony Themes User Profile Service VMware Authorization Service VMware USB Arbitration Service Windows Audio Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Windows Driver Foundation - User-Mode Driver Framework Windows Management Instrumentation I don't think I'm missing anything in that list that is supposed to be running right So what else could be stopping these programs from running Also of note it's not a drive issue as some programs reside on different drives

A:Programs in startup list not starting up

You could try removing the startup folder shortcuts and create entries in HKCU:Run instead. If the programs starting from HKCU usually load properly.

MS Autoruns will give you a better idea of whats down for startup than Ccleaner will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/290803-programs-startup-list-not-starting-up.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I m writing this as if it can at keep I starting from startup? unneeded processes How s my computer but it s actually for my daughter I only say that because I don t have the computer with me and may not be able to respond to questions for a day or two quot I quot just bought a new Toshiba laptop pre-loaded with Windows Vista Home Basic Edition with a Ghz Celeron M processor and Mb RAM How can I keep unneeded processes from starting at startup? Right out of the box it has been ridiculously slow to start up It takes minutes or more before all the desktop icons are in place and we re ready to go And according to Task Manager Performance the CPU almost always runs at usage After searching for a cause using Task Manager I found that there are processes that open at startup And there s hardly How can I keep unneeded processes from starting at startup? any applications loaded on the computer By comparison my desktop running WinXP Pro has only processes open It s hard to imagine that this many processes are really needed So my questions are How can I find out which processes are and are not needed If in Task Manager Processes I end a process will it re-start at next startup If I determine a process is not really needed how can I keep it from starting at startup They don t show in msconfig startup so I can t just un-check them Any help will be greatly appreciated As I noted if I don t respond quickly to any questions it s because I don t have access to the sick computer Thanks to all who may help nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Win Pro I've seen some other threads on this and I've been searching the 'Net for a couple of days Startup on programs starting not boot But I haven't found a solution yet Starting a couple of weeks ago around Aug I booted and noticed that a bunch of programs didn't start with Windows as Startup programs not starting on boot they should I'm pretty sure the only change that had happened since the prior boot was a Windows Update Since I was in the middle of something for work I decided to try Startup programs not starting on boot a System Restore That worked so I put off researching the problem until I had more time Then a few days later a new update came down that installed itself In addition it threw away the previous Restore Point So no going back now I limped along like that for a few days Then for no reason I can find for two boots it worked perfectly Then another update and it's back to not working I fought with it for a few days when it started working for another few boots Then back to not working So it's intermittent and the last or boots have been failures Running the programs manually works No UAC warnings or anything like that In addition to none of the programs in my Startup folder starting when I bring up the Task Manager immediately after a boot only about processes are running Normally there's more than a screen-full So I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of other things that are not getting fired off too There are some things that are running Under HKCU Software Microsoft CurrentVersion Run I see some items that are running and some that are not Actual Multiple Monitors GFI Backup and Input Director are running and visible in the System Tray AutoVer Steam and WallpaperChanger are not running I just searched Autoruns for every mention of Actual Multiple Monitors and do not see anyplace else that would fire it off it's mentioned in a context menu handler After a quick skim it appears that all of the services are starting This system has been running under Avast I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a full scan It did not find anything I ran HijackThis and pored over the log and recognized or searched to find everything Per a suggestion on the Tom's Hardware forum I ran the Kaspersky Rescue Disk and nothing found I ran sfc scannow No errors The items do show up in msconfig and they are checked I downloaded Autoruns http technet microsoft com en-us aspx and they show there too I looked in Event Viewer and nothing jumps out at me there I do not see a slew of messages telling me about things that didn't run It occurred to me that Windows acts as though it thinks the Shift key is being held down I had just added a new wireless keyboard and a new wireless mouse a couple of weeks before all this started I thought maybe there might be interference But I tried a few different keyboards including one wired and two different mice and none made a difference I tried unplugging every USB device except for one keyboard and one mouse I reconsidered the Shift key thing when I realized I'm not seeing stuck shift key behavior anywhere else in Windows Is there any way to get Windows to tell me if it thinks the Shift key is being held down Or some other way to get it to tell me which programs it wants to try to run and which it's bypassing I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall Windows It would take a while to get everything installed and configured again And the fact that it does occasionally work tells me that it can work Does anyone have suggestions on where to look next Thanks Drake Christensen

A:Startup programs not starting on boot

It's best to run a Clean Boot anyway to keep the freeloaders at bay. Uncheck everything except your AV in msconfig>Startup and >Services after hiding all MS Services.

I'd also give it a good going over with Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/248199-startup-programs-not-starting-boot.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Is there any thing wrong with Starting My slowly Computer very is startup log, my log My computer starts a t a snails pace now I ve installed Norton s Firewall and Anti-virus but I don t see that as being the problem because it started fine when I first installed them I ve run both ad-aware and spybot any suggestions Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Unable to get My startup log, Computer is Starting very slowly Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo My startup log, Computer is Starting very slowly exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C DOCUME default LOCALS Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www dell com search index htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings default Application Data Mozilla Profiles default l deczj slt prefs js O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C WINDOWS System qttask exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM RunServices MOSearch C PROGRA COMMON System MOSearch Bin mosearch exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp Define - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS DEF HTM O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Look Up in amp Encyclopedia - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference A ERS ENC HTM O - Extra button Encarta Encyclopedia HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Encarta Encyclopedia HKLM O - Extra button Define HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Define HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - Extra button Dell Home HKCU O - Plugin for pdf amp TS C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS nppdf dll O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF B AF- D - D -B - Macromedia Authorware Web Player Control - http courses mindleaders com dpec shared cabs awswaxf cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net apple com qt us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF... Read more

A:My startup log, Computer is Starting very slowly

With automatic live update enabled in the norton firewall it's known that it slows down your pc pretty much when booting up.

I don't see anything immediately wrong in your log except maybe a few unnecessary DPF.

But after i installed NIS my PC booted up much slower as well.

If it continues to be slow open up the taskmanager with ctrl-alt-del and check if there are any files who are using a lot of CPU-usage.

Cheers,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-startup-log-computer-is-starting-very-slowly.159204/
Relevancy 70.52%

How can I delete programs from automatically starting up on start up.
(I don't want to delete the program I just don't want it to start up when starting)

I have windows 2000.
I tried going to start menu and looking in the folder there but the programs are not listed there.

A:cancel programs starting on startup

http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm This may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cancel-programs-starting-on-startup.281257/
Relevancy 70.52%

HELLOMY HP PROBOOK SHOWING BOOTMANAGER IS MISSINGPRESS CTRL + ALT+ DEL TO STARTAND NOT BOOTING FROM BOOTABLE USB. DVD ROM IS NOT WORKING.IS THERE ANY WAY TO RE INSTALL WIN 7 USING BOOTABLE USB?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BOOTMGR-IS-MISSING-STARTUP-IS-NOT-STARTING-BY-F11-KEY-NOT/td-p/5681961
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, i have run autoruns, and unchecked msn messenger from its list so as to stop it starting up. The first time i restart my computer it doesnt start up, but after i have opened up the program (to use it) from then on it starts opening up on startup again! I have also tried unchecking it from the 'startup' list in ccleaner but it keeps starting up.

Anything else i can do?

A:unchecked msn in autoruns but keeps starting up on startup

Try renaming it.. C:\PROGRAM FILES\MESSENGERtoC:\PROGRAM FILES\STOPMESSENGERIt cannot start what it cannot find. If you need it later you can always rename it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32075/unchecked-msn-in-autoruns-but-keeps-starting-up-on-startup/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I built my own pc, but there is a little problem! When i start the PC, the screen is black. After 5-10 secs, the BIOS bleeps and it seems like it is hanging up. It is when it bleeps that the screen starts to show this "Press DEL to setup thing"..

But i cant press DEL because its hang

please help.

A:Startup problem - Hangs when starting.

Frostyr0d said:

Hello,

I built my own pc, but there is a little problem! When i start the PC, the screen is black. After 5-10 secs, the BIOS bleeps and it seems like it is hanging up. It is when it bleeps that the screen starts to show this "Press DEL to setup thing"..

But i cant press DEL because its hang

please help.Click to expand...

Make sure that everything on your computer is connected like the RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-problem-hangs-when-starting.48683/
Relevancy 70.52%

When starting Juno using the Startup Folder I get a Juno Error 14. However if I just start Juno using a shortcut Icon all is well. I have been working with Juno and we have done a complete uninstall/reinstall of Juno and still have the same problem. Is there anything in Windows Vista that could be causing the problem?Thanks for your interest. Uncle Dewey

A:Errors when starting a progam with Startup

The order that the files are shown in the startup folder menu have nothing to do with the order they are executed.Your modem is always connected to the Internet but when you start up your computer, it has to load the network card (or onboard chip) drivers so it isn't connected right from the start.Have a look at this software, it lets you set a delay of programs in your startup folder. Run it and set the delay for Juno for 1 minute after startup. I realize this is a long time but this is just for testing purposes. If it works, then you can play around with the startup delay time until you get a good balance between time and functionality.http://www.snapfiles.com/get/startd...message edited by THX 1138

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/errors-when-starting-a-progam-with-startup/13879.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have an error that system32/hall.DLL is missing so I put in my windows 7 DVD ( I Have 4 DVDs for my windows, gateway, I always put the first one) so I could start start-up repair but when the windows files is loaded it keeps starting recovery mangment which gives me options to recover my hard drive to factory defaults (ie delete files on c and reinstall windows) ,why I don't get options to choose startup repair, how can I get it to start start-up repair?

A:can't start start-up repair, keeps starting recovery mangment

Hello kento24, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look at this tutorial linked below, starting at Step Three to see how to boot to the F8 startup screen, from there choose the "Repair My Computer" option to do the startup repairs and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Then look at the second linked tutorial for the process.

How to Boot to the Advanced Boot Options in Windows 7

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250681-cant-start-start-up-repair-keeps-starting-recovery-mangment.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hello, I am running a windows XP home edition.
when I go to the start menu options I can only choose classic start menu.
why?

thanks.

A:Why Can't I Use A Normal Start Menu?

Hello shedokan and welcome,It is most likely that the use of visual styles has been disabled.Right click My Computer and select properties, then select the advanced tab and in the performance section select the settings button. On the list that appears, make sure that the use visual styles on windows buttons is checked. then apply and ok

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156598/why-cant-i-use-a-normal-start-menu/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a problem where i can't start my computer some times. It gets stuck on the vista startup screen. Which results in me having to kill the computer and restart it again. I have tried doing start up repair but sometimes that doesn't even work. I even sometimes have to restart it about 15 times in a row for it to work again. Please provide me with a good answer and how to fix it. Thanks!

That is the image of the startup screen and it just sits there until you kill the computer by holding the start button the machine.

A:Microsoft Vista Not Starting/Stuck on Startup

Vista can sometimes take up to 5 minutes to get past that screen. Are you giving it enough time. Also, always let your computer shut down normally on exit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-vista-not-starting-stuck-on-startup-755601.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there,
I have two questions in one, firstly how do I stop certain programs starting at system start up that (second) then run in the background with an icon next to the clock on bottom right tool bar (is this called my system tray?) Hope that makes sense but I'm sure some of these make my computer go slightly slower as there seems to be masses of them!

Thank you for any guidance offered!

Relevancy 69.66%

I've disabled it from my startup list but it keeps starting on its own, I've checked the programs menu and settings but I don't see any option to fix this, anyone have any ideas how to stop it?

A:Problem with Geforce Experience starting on startup

Try uninstalling it and check for the option to run a startup on reinstall. I'm not sure if it's there or not, I can't remember, but it doesn't take long to wipe it off then put it back on again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/330858-problem-geforce-experience-starting-startup.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Windows 10 AU is really getting on my nerves . Narrator is starting automatically without any reason . And AU is working slow etc and vast multitude of problems . Feeling like banging my head . Everyday a problem crops up. I have windows 10 home version.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/436273-narrator-starting-automatically-during-startup-windows-au-bad.html
Relevancy 69.66%

There are a number of applications I'd just as soon didn't start
when I startup the computer.

How do I stop them from loading or starting automatically on startup?

They're not pinned to the start menu.

I don't want to delete them, just not have them start automatically
when I start up.

Thanks!

Oh - XP Home

A:How do you stop apps from auto starting on startup?

Run msconfig and check its startup tab for applications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-stop-apps-from-auto-starting-on-startup.58291/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Ok this is my problem Whenever I startup the computer usage runs way up to - and it takes forever to start a program It immidiately starts this whenever I just turn the computer on and I hear it because the sound that Windows makes at startup gets scratchy and stutters Once it has started up if I click on iTunes for example once the program pops up and I click on Play every song usage and at startup programs high starting stutters It stutters only at the beginning and then it smooths out but it does it for every single song played When I put in a DVD it stutters but it stutters throughout the movie It just started doing this randomly It never did it before The only thing that is new is that I played an old movie file that must have been corrupted or something because the file wouldnt play and I tried to copy the file from an external hard-drive and paste it onto the desktop to get it to play It high usage at startup and starting programs did eventually play it but it took a long time for it to load and play I tried looking for answers at the microsoft website and the problems high usage at startup and starting programs they showed that looked similar seemed to suggest that it could be solved by downloading all of the latest microsoft uploads So I have been doing that for high usage at startup and starting programs the past hours and it is my first line of solutions I just wanted to ask here as well in case that doesnt work I dont know if that helps to explain what happened The problem is that I live in Honduras I m a Peace Corps Volunteer and so I dont have a lot of time to hang out at the internet cafe looking for answers as to how to make my computer stop stuttering I use my computer for work as well as personal entertainment and if I can figure out how to make it run smoothly again that would be a big help If somebody knows what is wrong and how to make it stop please give me directions that I can follow without being connected to the internet My site is hours away from the nearest internet cafe so I ll probably not be able to get your answer within the next week Thank you in advance for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

hello all I just joined today and thought id say hi and see if you all could figure out whats up with my PC It was accting slugish programms running in slow motion mouse stuttering across the screen randomly locking up not blue screens just freezing up I figured id clean it out and see if that would help since i live in a very dusty area and sure enough it needed restart at Video startup card starting after not a good cleaning I but it back togather and the sluggishness is Video card not starting at startup after restart gone but now i have a new problem when i restart my computer startbuton gt restart for windows update or anything when the comp powers back up starting from post everything is garbled and unreadable blocks of color where the letters are suposed to be the start up goes on as normal just with glitched graphics till i get to the desktop I manage to Video card not starting at startup after restart pull up the devise manager and under the video section there is an exclamation point and when i click on the video adapter the general tab shows the following error message video adapter device cannot start Code Now if i shut down the computer compleatly then use the button on the front to start up the graphics are ok no problems BUT if i restart from within windows ie from the start button or restart from a program the graphics are hosed and the devise manager says the video card couldnt start Any ideas im using windows xp sp AMD athlon processor Nvidea gt meg graphics card and a Msi K T NEO motherboard thanks in advance for any help this has me stumped p s also at random my monitor has been blacking out and i get an error message on the screen in a little orange box saying something like out of frequency range but the computer itself is still running the refresh is set at from my card but my monitors diagnostic shows its range set to like - i think my monitor is going it has other issues and this is probably unrelated to the above issue but i thought i should mension it its a gateway vx so been around a bit thanks nbsp

A:Video card not starting at startup after restart

It really looks like a bad or overheating video card. Maybe bad/wring drivers. If you are overclocking, stop that. Check if the video card fan is running properly. Make sure you have the latest drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-starting-at-startup-after-restart.74298/
Relevancy 69.66%

Since I have the system some 3 years, this has worked correctly for me by putting a shortcut in:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
For some unknown reason, the shortuct disappeared.
Now when I try to move a shortcut there, it just vanishes.
Any clues as to what may be causing this?
Thanks very much for your help.
Andy Nicastro

Relevancy 69.66%

When I start or restart my PC my icons that are in the bottom right next to the clock don't all come up. The only way to get them back is to do a System Restore. What is going on and how do I fix it? Please Help

A:System tray icons not starting on startup

rbiggs67, Go to the link below and under the letter "N" scroll down to "Notification Area - Icons Disappearing" where you'll find several possible solutions.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-icons-not-starting-on-startup.746932/
Relevancy 69.66%

I've been having issues with my laptop running Windows since yesterday About days ago my WiFi wouldn't work so I went into connection settings After exiting onto the start screen the start screen decided to randomly crash causing explorer exe to crash with it From then onwards every time I moved my mouse over my taskbar it would work for a couple of seconds and then hang there If I pressed programs not starting & Startup crashes explorer.exe the Windows key it would cause explorer exe to crash and restart again and the same thing would happen with the taskbar freezing up A restart solves this but it starts happening again once something happens that causes explorer exe to crash and restart which also seems to happen more often now for example the clicking personalize option on the desktop causes explorer exe to crash for no reason at all As well as Startup programs not starting & explorer.exe crashes this startup programs which are defined to automatically start up I've checked and all of them are enabled at startup do not start up automatically and require me to start them manually This wouldn't be such an issue if one of them wasn't my antivirus I did not even notice this until today so I guess I browsed the web the entire day yesterday without an antivirus running in the background I haven't tampered around with my system really All I've done was remove UAC I guess it's UAC so that I would be able to directly edit files in my program files through paint programs word processors etc without having to pull them out and then pull them back in later As well as this I downloaded a program that adds back the start menu because frankly using the start screen Startup programs not starting & explorer.exe crashes is just not my forte but I don't think this should tamper around at all with my system

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69203-startup-programs-not-starting-explorer-exe-crashes.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Greetings!

I have this program that is starting up at start up. Only thing is .. it's not in start up. I've looked in the start up folder in programs, gone through the control panel. Still no luck.

Where else can I look??

Thx much for the assistance!

A:Program not in Start Up .. starting up!

Hi MrBiggz

Follow this Startup Programs - Enable or Disable

It will tell you how to enable/disable startup programs on your computer!

Good luck!

Snarks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/154357-program-not-start-up-starting-up.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have "PlatinumHideIP" i want start that software when i open Firefox so how do i do that. I don't want start that software with windows.

A:How to start one application with starting another one?

How to open multiple programs in Windows at once

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119456-how-start-one-application-starting-another-one.html
Relevancy 69.23%

well this has happened before and I have just restarted and it worked fine again. The problem is that when I start windows xp the icons/programs that normaly would start when you log in our just start windows are not starting at all. My Norton and Spysweeper are the only two things that show up even. I dont have the Icon for my volume. My keyboard and mouse programs do not start up and I cant use the add-ons for them. Does anyone know about why this would happen or how to fix it?

If this does not make sense to you I will try to make it better and take some screen shots or something. Thanks for all the help in advance!!

Relevancy 69.23%

My motherboard is Asus P7P55D-E PRO. I have tried pressing F2, F8, F10, DEL during PC starting, but I am unable to get to the DOS.

I want to go into DOS to do CHKDSK /R because my hard disk has bad sectors and I cannot go into Windows.

How to go into DOS?

Relevancy 69.23%

Is there a way by which we can start non-windows applications from START/RUN?

For example; to open a new word document we can go to START-> RUN and then type "winword.", or for Internet explorer we type "iexplore.".

Is there a way we can start a non windows application such as "Crazy Browser" by typing "Crazy browser.exe" in the START/RUN. Do we have to add any link or path to any folder or a registry.

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello This is my first post and I am absolutely freaking out I hope someone out there can help I was working late last night and about to upload to my server when my computer froze so I forced power off Now when my starting bar Desktop start XP not computer reboots my desktop loads but the start bar doesn t fully load The time on the bottom right is the only XP Desktop start bar not starting icon that appears and say the desktop restarts at am and a few minutes go by the clock stays stuck at am Also when I cursor over the start bar my cursor turns into an hour glass When I cursor back over my desktop area the hourglass icon goes away I m unable to click on start or on my trash or the one other folder currently on my desktop I have no idea what to to I ve tried to start by holding F as well as F and haven t had any luck I m running XP SP on a quot Dell Inspiron Please help Please Thanks Nick nbsp

A:XP Desktop start bar not starting

Oops... I should note that I was installing NOD32 Anti Virus but also had Norton installed. My subscription to Norton expired nearly two years ago, so that wasn't active, only the virus scanning part of Norton worked.

I was just reading online and noticed this being mentioned and realized I left it out.

When NOD32 was installing, it froze when it indicated it was deleting backup files.

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-desktop-start-bar-not-starting.733129/
Relevancy 69.23%

what t do if the main start [windows 8.1 start] window is not starting.and directlly the dekstop open.thus not able to shut down through the option and shutting by pressing the on* button

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/what-to-do-if-main-start-is-not-starting/td-p/436824/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey,

I am having a problem with a laptop, I am getting a blue screen when starting in normal mode, but if I start in safe mode it starts up and logs in fine.

I am not being told what is causing a problem, just to uninstall any new programs/hardware, but nothing has been installed at all.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks for any help :)

A:Starting up fine in safe mode but blue screen with normal mode

Go here Windows Vista/7 BOSD Posting instructions follow all instructions to the letter, using all tools illustrated. Then proceed to the next steps by posting your logs. Keep your posts and logs (logs mini dumps etc...) in BOSD, App crashes, and hangs.

Be patient they get a lot of inquires. Someone will be along to help you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/starting-up-fine-in-safe-mode-but-blue-screen-with-normal-mode-674605.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I am a graduate student The wireless network in my lab building is protected behind a Cisco NAC It used to be that when I logged Cisco Getting NAC program at starting up to - startup stop agent a my personal laptop in a Cisco Java utility would open up scan my computer to make sure anti-virus was present and then let me on to the network I recently switched to Avast and since then that method of logging in no longer works since Cisco is stupid and has difficulty detecting Avast I ended up having to settle for an alternate method of Getting a program to stop starting up at startup - Cisco NAC agent logging in by downloading and installing the Cisco NAC agent here is an older version of it Cisco NAC Release Enhance the User Experience and Simplify Management Network Admission Control - Cisco Systems I have Now I can log on to my school network just fine but the application automatically starts at startup I Getting a program to stop starting up at startup - Cisco NAC agent want to stop this but I don't know how Can anyone help me on the Getting a program to stop starting up at startup - Cisco NAC agent matter

A:Getting a program to stop starting up at startup - Cisco NAC agent

Hi see here Startup Programs - Change - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-a-program-to-stop-starting-up-at-startup-cisco-nac-agent-653582.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all I have a Samsung R laptop bought it about months ago Hard drive is GB GB of RAM Windows Home Premium came helping Utility up starting not me Repair laptop my Startup pre installed Intel i processor Some times we use it to playback movies through HDMI connection to our TV Last Thursday my wife came back from work and started it It was connected to the TV via HDMI When Startup Repair Utility not helping me starting up my laptop it started only a grey screen was showing on the TV therefore she unplugged the HDMI cable Grey screen on the laptop followed an no response to keyboard She turned it off by pressing the power button for a few seconds and then started again She got a messagge stating the following 'Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem If power was interrupted during startup choose Start Windows Normally' The recommended option was to start Windows Startur Repair utility and my wife selected it Well that run for almost hours and the power went off in our house so when the battery extinguised the computer turned off Now when I try to turn it on I get the same message recommending to execute Windows Startup Repair but I'm affraid that will not take me anywhere I'm not able to start the computer normally nor in safe mode nor with Last Good configuration When the computer starts up it gives me an option called quot recovery quot that activates Samsung Recovery Solution I think is an application to recover files but it is not starting as well At this point I think that the only solution is to format C drive and re install the Operative System I think can start the computer using an autoexecutable Ubuntu operative system to rescue the files I want to save prior to wiping the computer out but I do not have a Windows installation CD it came pre installed I only have the corresponding serial number in the bottom of the computer So I have questions at this point Is anywhere out there in the web where I can dowload a W copy using my serial number Do you recommend performing a clean install or do you think I should retry Windows startup repair until it finishes to see what it tells me Can anyone tell me what might have happened that caused this issue Thanks in advance looking forward for your help

A:Startup Repair Utility not helping me starting up my laptop

Mate, that is very sad. But welcome to Sevenforums to you nonetheless.

Try these tutorials to see if it solves the problem. Keep in mind, the problem may be hardware-related. Ensure that your computer is not running hot, and has lots of air (cool, preferably). Here are the tutorials, in order:
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - created by Dzomlija
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot - created by Bare Foot Kid

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244640-startup-repair-utility-not-helping-me-starting-up-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello This morning I tried to start my Acer Aspire M had used it yesterday without a problem but it wouldn't boot won't than / at Win7 hangs Windows' scree startup go 'Starting further Everytime I got to the 'starting windows' screen the screen froze after the animation had finished I've since tried restarting in safe mode hangs at disk sys last known good configuration - to no avail I've tried startup repair - to no avail The error message I got started like this Quote Problem event name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature I am now trying the Seagate Seatools to see if there's a hard drive issue Short test wouldn't run so I'm trying the long test but I wanted to already post this so Win7 hangs at startup / won't go further than 'Starting Windows' scree that if I would be taking the completely wrong way to tackle the issue you might be able to tell me to approach the issue differently The PC is less than two years old and hasn't been connected to the net for half a year ruling out viruses e a in my opinion If any one of you might have advice Win7 hangs at startup / won't go further than 'Starting Windows' scree on what to try that'd be awesome Thanks in advance

A:Win7 hangs at startup / won't go further than 'Starting Windows' scree

The long test failed as well, as did the subsequent short test. Does this mean my HDD is, well, broken?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153869-win7-hangs-startup-wont-go-further-than-starting-windows-scree.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
I have IE starting automatically on the msn.com web page and I would like to remove that.
I checked the Internet Explorer is NOT listed in the startup program list.
Any idea why this is happening ? Registry key maybe ?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ea222b6-d1e2-4fd8-aee1-0f4cbaebabc9/internet-explorer-starting-up-automatically-at-windows-startup?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

XP sp3 4 gb ram'

I got a bogus PC Scan virus which cripple my computer:
The desktop was wiped clean of all files.
The quick launch vanished
Internet was disabled
etc

The PC Scan icon appeared in the clock tray. I got bogus warning about buying their product to fix the problems.

I tried to restart in Safe Mode and got the BSOD after the Windows flashscreen appeared at startup.

The tried to restart in normal mode and i got the BSOD.

I disconnected all hardware and tried to restart in safe mode and in normal mode several times and every time I get the BSOD.

I don't know if the PC Scan virus caused the BSOD or not.

I am able to startup from a bootdisc, but the only option is to reinstall Windows

My data is backed up but I would like to recover files from the desktop and program files.

What are my options.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD when starting in normal mode and safe mode

Hi dzz and welcome to TSF,

At this point, considering we cannot acces the operating system, you're left with two options.

1. Perform a System Repair. Boot from the installation DVD and choose "Repair my system". Choose to repair any faults found automatically.

2. A complete reinstallation of your operating system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-when-starting-in-normal-mode-and-safe-mode-599208.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hey

i upgraded my motherboard/processor and ram to a gigabyte k7 Triton Kt600 series with 2200Athlon Xp and 512 ram but kept the old PSU of 300watts.
now, it started and worked fine for an hour or so but then it automatically shutting down. i started again after a min but then it went down again after hald an hour.
i noticed that system temp were very high around 70C and 40C for CPU.
could this be the reason y system wont start anymore ? CPU busted ? (i've changed the PSU to a 400 watts now)
everytime i try switching it on it gives an audio beeping warning and switchs off after 5 scs.
tried different graphics cards to eliminate that.
anything else i can try here?
thx for ur help ppl.

also have a ati radeon 9800 256mb graphics.

Relevancy 68.37%

My windows box was working perfectly this morning - - I shut it down while I did some work on my other machines then when I turned it back on it seemed to work fine until it got to the Windows loading screen after which it spontaneously restarted Then it went to the screen offering the option of loading Last Known Good Config or Safe Mode Even in Safe Mode it restarts At first I thought it might be a cooling or memory issue but plugging XP. Minor won't starting It problem start. in my Puppy Linux USB Minor problem starting XP. It won't start. flash drive proved that wrong Memory is working fine and prolonged running isn't causing heat buildup So that leaves either the Hard Drive or the Windows Install itself Unfortunately I'm not as up-to-spec on Windows as I'd like to be and my copy of XP was installed by a buddy who is currently in Iraq and unavailable for comment So what must be done and where can I get the tools I need to fix this Thanks in advance

A:Minor problem starting XP. It won't start.

Welcome to TSF....

configuration screen

If you have a Full Operating System on CD then you can try this:

1. Configure the computer to start from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. For information about how to do this, see your computer documentation, or contact your computer manufacturer.
2. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer.
3. When you receive the "Press any key to boot from CD" message, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
4. When you receive the "Welcome to Setup" message, press R to start the Recovery Console.
5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you have to use from the Recovery Console.
6. When you are prompted, type the administrator password, and then press ENTER (if none was set, leave it blank and press ENTER).
7. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /list, and then press ENTER. The entries in your current Boot.ini file appear on the screen.
8. At the command prompt, type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER. This command scans the hard disks of the computer for Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows NT installations, and then displays the results. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to add the Windows installations to the Boot.ini file. For example, follow these steps to add a Windows XP installation to the Boot.ini file:

a. When you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
Press Y hit ENTER.

b. When, you receive a message that is similar to the following message:
Enter Load Identifier
This is the name of the operating system. Type the name of your operating system, and then press ENTER. The name is either Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.

c. When you receive a message that is similar to the following:
Enter OS Load options
Type /fastdetect, and then press ENTER.

Take the CD out of the drive.

Type exit then press ENTER.

Note: The instructions that appear on your screen may be different, depending on the configuration of your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/minor-problem-starting-xp-it-wont-start-276882.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just bought this and it worked fine until I accidentally closed it while trying to reset it. Now when I boot it up, it keeps looping and doesn't even go to the Windows screen. All it does is make a crackling sound and keep looping. I tried diagnostics and it kept looping at the run-in test. I tried removing and reinstalling the battery as well. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Starting-Start-up-Looping-Error/td-p/5595472
Relevancy 68.37%

I have helped a friend clean his computer using Malawarebytes SuperAntiSpyware and C Cleaner He did not have a virus protection on it I have put Microsoft Security Essentials on the start. it won't Windows starting is Update Says computer and updated and ran a full scan None of the programs including the Security Essentials found anything except adware When I go into the Task Manager it shows the CPU usage at Windows Update won't start. Says it is starting I have looked everywhere on the web and can t seem to find a way to reduce the CPU usage I have turned off the side bar and disabeled several program from running in the start up I did find a posting that said it might be due to not maintaing Windows Updates When I checked Windows Update I found I could not update I went to services and find that the windows update service is starting not started I tried to go in and sop and then restart the service but it is grayed out I can t get it to start I was thinking that if I could do the updates he needs in Windows Update I might be able to correct the problem in the services If anyone can direct me to how to correct this I would sure appreciate it

A:Windows Update won't start. Says it is starting

Download Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspxUnzip ProcessExplorer.zip, and double click on procexp.exe to run the program.Click on View > Select Colunms.In addition to already pre-selected options, make sure, the Command Line is selected, and press OK.Go File>Save As, and save the report as Procexp.txt.Attach the file to your next reply.============================Please download Farbar Service Scanner Download Link and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475054/windows-update-wont-start-says-it-is-starting/
Relevancy 68.37%

I've been working on my wife's Normally, 7 Windows explorer.exe Not Starting Does Start When work PC for a few days now and when starting Windows normally it just loads to a black screen with the cursor I can access the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and running programs from there but if I try to launch explorer exe I get an error When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start message with the code of xc Access is Denied There was a lot of Malware When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start on the PC When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start as well as a couple of Trojans which I cleaned using MalwareBytes Anti-Malware I have also run cCleaner to clean up the registry I am able to boot into Safe Mode just fine I have set the permissions for explorer exe for Full Control for all users Additionally when I boot Windows normally and I run the Task Manager I can get explorer exe to run if I choose Run as Administrator I have checked the registry HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon and made sure that the shell is set to explorer exe After hours of searching online for fixes nothing has helped I ran a System File Checker scan the first time I fixed files but the other after found no issues I cannot do a system restore because the only restore point is the point where all the malware and trojans are there I've run a clean boot through msconfig but to no avail I have run Farbar and have the logs to post if need be Any help would be VERY much appreciated

A:When Starting Windows 7 Normally, explorer.exe Does Not Start

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!
My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully:
My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
Step 1
Please post the FRST scan results. This will help us diagnose your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574644/when-starting-windows-7-normally-explorerexe-does-not-start/
Relevancy 68.37%

hi
i have a computer that when you turn it on it boots directly into

"Windows Advanced Options Menu"

all option are available for me to access, although the keyboard is non responsive (yes it works) & i am unable to select anything

after the timed countdown it starts to boot and get to the windows welcome screen and then hangs. no further progression from that point.

i hope to get some idea's on how tho correct this,
(would ressetting the cmos work?)

specs as i know are
win xp 2
512 ram
motherboard (asus i think)
rest is all on board

thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

when I click on start menu and dont move the mouse after 1 minute is disappear the start menu.

this normal.?

A:Is normal start menu close automatically after 1 min?

John,
Not normal on my system.

An idea is to disconnect your mouse, walk away from the computer and see if the problem isn't gone.

Some mice are extremely sensitive to any movement especially if have an unstable usb connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/182862-normal-start-menu-close-automatically-after-1-min.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Is it possible to limit the number of icons/users that appear at Win 7 Pro 32 startup/login screen.

I would like to have only the main users account show up rather than all 3 accounts that have administrative privileges on this system ?

Putting it another way...can I have a number of administrative user accounts on one PC but only the 'main' user's login name/password login icon appear on the main startup/login screen ?

Thanks...TRinAZ

A:Keep only one user on Win7 startup/logon screen when starting Windows

Hello trinaz.

I have to ask. Why?

If you only have 1 user account displayed, then you can't log into the other accounts, which begs the question why you don't just delete them (during deletion, you can opt to save files that are stored in them).

If you do not want people accessing the Admin accounts, give them passwords and/or change them to limited accounts. Or you could always delete them.

I do not belive this can be done through normal means, meaning without installing some kind of customization software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/224441-keep-only-one-user-win7-startup-logon-screen-when-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I am getting a spyware warning on startup I think it is am trojan please help me detect and remove it Thsnks and Regards unerring DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Abhijit at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System spyware startup and Braviaxx.exe on starting in getting tray warning System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Abhijit Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe Braviaxx.exe starting on startup and getting spyware warning in System tray svchost C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Braviaxx.exe starting on startup and getting spyware warning in System tray Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Documents and Settings Abhijit Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File TB McAfee SiteAdvisor bf - f - - - fe e aa - c program files siteadvisor SiteAdv dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun googletalk quot c program files google google talk googletalk exe quot autostart uRun Yahoo Pager c program files yahoo messenger ypager exe -quiet uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings abhijit local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun ms word c documents and settings abhijit ms word exe uRun braviax c windows system braviax exe mRun NeroFilterCheck c program files common files ahead lib NeroCheck exe mRun mcagent exe quot c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe quot runkey mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun SiteAdvisor quot c program files siteadvisor SiteAdv exe quot mRun ms word c windows system ms word exe mRun braviax c windows system braviax exe mRun Regedit c windows system regedit exe mRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSCONFIG EXE auto StartupFolder c documents and settings abhijit start menu programs startup rncsys exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adober lnk - c program files adobe acrobat reader reader sl exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup micros lnk - c program files microsoft office office OSA EXE StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe IE amp Yahoo Search... Read more

A:Braviaxx.exe starting on startup and getting spyware warning in System tray

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/244267/braviaxxexe-starting-on-startup-and-getting-spyware-warning-in-system-tray/