Windows Support Forum

Installing Windows AND H/W drivers leaving Windows rdy 4 setup by first user

Q: Installing Windows AND H/W drivers leaving Windows rdy 4 setup by first user

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but I'm hopeful.

What I hope to achieve is a fresh installation of Win 7, and all of the necessary hardware drivers for any particular model of laptop, leaving the computer completely ready for a new user.  When the new user first turns the machine on it should state that "Setup is preparing the computer for first use" and then prompt the new user for setup information.  In other words I want to install Windows and the drivers and then leave the computer without an established user profile or other setup information (ie - keyboard layout, time zone, etc.).

Does anyone around here have any idea how I would go about accomplishing this?  Thanks so much in advance!  :-)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installing Windows AND H/W drivers leaving Windows rdy 4 setup by first user

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installing Windows AND H/W drivers leaving Windows rdy 4 setup by first user

How many models are we talking about?

I'd recommend searching windows 7 unattended install to start with.  You will need to included all of the necessary drivers for all of the machines you want to use this on, hence the question of how many.  I will tell you that 10 machines or so will require at least 15GB of space for the install.  The more machines the more space you will need to store the install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516366/installing-windows-and-hw-drivers-leaving-windows-rdy-4-setup-by-first-user/
Relevancy 78.26%

I bought a copy of 7 XP) Windows Help (leaving installing Windows off a vendor on eBay I've been trying to install it for a week now Help installing Windows 7 (leaving XP) In the meantime i think my machine has gotten infected It has hard drives in it Two of them are infected i think I've disconnected all but one of them I also bought a new one I've tried installing over Windows XP SP XP SP and over a brand new drive with no OS on it After that failed I installed a new copy of Windows XP and tried to install Win Fail Took that drive out and put in an older one wiped the partition and tried to install Win Fail Installed XP then tried again Got halfway through the installation process and the machine rebooted and wouldn't go any farther although it gave me the choice of restarting with a previous version of Windows After trying several times to employ the option of resuming the installation using both options of starting from the CDROM or the Hard Drive it only went as far as a screen that said it was installing and then freezing I think I've tried every way of installing it both and bit versions What is wrong I'd love some advice anecdotal scholarly or other Thank you Some questions Do i have to be connected to the internet while installing Can you install on a Hard Drive that has no OS loaded

A:Help installing Windows 7 (leaving XP)

I should have mentioned the version I'm trying to install is Windows 7 Professional.  My machine is a custom-built PC with 64-bit capability.  2.75 GHz dual CPU, 4 GB memory.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531718/help-installing-windows-7-leaving-xp/
Relevancy 68.37%

How do I installing something during the Windows Setup Menu's Installing features and Installing updates? John

A:Installing Updates and Installing features part of windows setup menu

Please correct your sentence. It is not readable.

How do you do what during that phase of install? You don't need to do anything except wait.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/108981-installing-updates-installing-features-part-windows-setup-menu.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My user account in Windows 8 is tied to my Microsoft Account: [email protected] How do I create a corresponding user name on Windows Home Server v1? It won't accept the @ symbol as part of the user name.

Thanks,

EJR

A:Windows Home Server and Windows 8 User Name Setup

Originally Posted by ejr49

My user account in Windows 8 is tied to my Microsoft Account: [email protected] How do I create a corresponding user name on Windows Home Server v1? It won't accept the @ symbol as part of the user name.

Thanks,

EJR

Which ever User name you used when you set up your Windows 8 is the one you would use for the credentials on the Home server.

For instance if you used the name JSmith-PC then the User name to use is JSmith.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/7903-windows-home-server-windows-8-user-name-setup.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My neighbor is completely computer illiterate. About once a month, she brings her computer to me and says "idk what happened its full a viruses". I take a peak and sure enough it is. I launch system restore, once that completes a boot-time full system scan with avast and its good to go. Im sick of fixing the damn thing due to her stupidity...but she's such a nice lady I'd feel too bad saying no lol. Anyone have any suggestions to make her install a bit more bulletproof?

A:Windows 7 setup for ignorant user

You can't make any machine even mildly "bulletproof" without the user's cooperation.

I have had good results with a few users by installing this;

http://www.avira.com/

The free version is very good.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/155630-windows-7-setup-ignorant-user.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Im looking for a way to have wifi access per user for example one user can have access to wifi while another user cant have access. (Currently Using Windows 8)

In Windows 7 I used this method (Profile types) to allow wifi per user and it works great. How to Enable User-Specific Wireless Networks in Windows 7

But in Windows 8 I cant seem to set wifi access per user can someone please please help.

A:How TO Setup Wifi Per User in Windows 8 Please Help.

Same way you do in Windows 7. For some reason there is a bug with Windows 8, that when you setup a network connection. It only makes it available to that one user. You have to go into the registry to fix, so it is available to all.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48536-how-setup-wifi-per-user-windows-8-please-help.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello.

I'm newbie here.
I got problem with my notebook.
I just bought an Acer One 10 with Windows 8.1 OS inside a few days ago.
When I turn on the notebook I just booting to login screen with Other User Login on the screen.
I not yet create/register any account on it so I don't know how to login.
When I try to login using Admin account, it's writen on the screen "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator"
I got stuck on login screen until now while looking for any ways to resolved it.
Any one can help me ?

Thank you very much.

A:Windows 8.1 Other User Login on First Setup

Hi! Haven't you received any response to your problem? I have the almost the same issue (on first setup it just skiped all steps before the "Other User" screen) and I cannot find any solution!!! I am going crazy!!! Please help me if you can!!!

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62864-windows-8-1-other-user-login-first-setup.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Is there a way with Win7Pro to either copy your profile over to a 'power user' status OR disable the need for a password after the machine has not been used? Generally after a length of time where a screen saver might kick in, I'm required to re-enter the password which is kind of annoying since nobody else uses the machine. So again, I guess I'd like to either copy my admin profile (desktop) over to another user OR disable the admin password where I'm not prompted for a password if the machine sets idle for 20 minutes. Thanks

A:Windows 7 User Setup Question

Quote: Originally Posted by cover

Is there a way with Win7Pro to either copy your profile over to a 'power user' status OR disable the need for a password after the machine has not been used? Generally after a length of time where a screen saver might kick in, I'm required to re-enter the password which is kind of annoying since nobody else uses the machine. So again, I guess I'd like to either copy my admin profile (desktop) over to another user OR disable the admin password where I'm not prompted for a password if the machine sets idle for 20 minutes. Thanks

I'm guessing its this you're talking about. If so, just select the Yes to a No.
it never happens for me cause i turned off that feature where my monitor goes off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/205338-windows-7-user-setup-question.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi.
My name is Wayne. I'm not a professional with computers. I'm 59 years old, and just got my first computer 3 years ago. I recently grabbed a laptop just before it was to be tossed in the dumpster at my job. It's a Compaq Presario 1266. It's old. It has Windows 98 on it. I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro. It will go as far as the starting windows screen, blue screen. It will not go to the welcome to windows setup screen so that I can delete the windows 98. My first question. Is this old, I think it's a notebook, not laptop, worht all the effort? If so, how can I resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to learn more about how to do these things. I can barely attach files in an email. Thank you.

A:Can't get to Windows setup screen when installing XP Pro

Yup, this is an old system. Unless it has been upgraded with more memory it will not run XP.

The specs show 32MB or RAM (XP needs a minimum of 64MB)
A 333MHz CPU and a 4GB or optional 6.4GB hard drive.

Even if you get this going it will be very, very slow by modern day standards. Windows 98 is probably the best system to have on it.

Worth the effort, I doubt it, but depends what you want to use it for and if you don't want to do anything in a hurry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-to-windows-setup-screen-when-installing-xp-pro.166421/
Relevancy 63.64%

Good evening, my pc is so slow while installing windows setup. like it is so slow it took me two days to install windows on my pc and when it finally finished it could not show anything. what can i do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/my-pc-is-so-slow-while-installing-windows-setup/td-p/441837
Relevancy 63.64%

Good evening, my pc is so slow while installing windows setup. like it is so slow it took me two days to install windows on my pc and when it finally finished it could not show anything. what can i do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/my-pc-is-so-slow-while-installing-windows-setup/td-p/441837/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 63.21%

I have just ordered parts for a new PC.
Things I know that have drivers to install at some point:
OCZ Revodrive 3 (superfast ssd connected to a PCIe slot)
Asus P8Z68-V LX motherboard
Intel i5 2500K

I am sure that the ssd needs it's drivers installed when windows is being installed.

I'm not sure if the wireless mouse has drivers or not, its a Xenta. http://www.ebuyer.com/169281-xenta-wireless-optical-mouse-with-micro-2-4ghz-usb-dongle-fm-901-black

Thanks

Relevancy 63.21%

EDIT: I just realized i posted this in the wrong category.. sorry :/

Hey.

I hope you guys can give me a hand now cause i'm all out of ideas!

I re-formated my sisters computer yesterday, and after installing it i had no internet. As i hadn't installed any drivers yet, i understood that. But after heading over to dell's site, downloading all of the drivers for her computer and then installing them, i STILL do not have any internet.

I don't see any connections on the computer either, it's just blank!

Here's a screenshot.

Her computer model:
Dell OptiPlex 170L.

And the drivers for her computer can be found right here.

I installed all Chipset, Video, Audio and Network drivers. Have i missed out on anything important?

Any ideas what's wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
-Nike

Relevancy 63.21%

I have 2 computers both running Windows 10, one of which is brand new.
When I setup the new computer, I signed in using Microsoft account, expecting the new computer to sync the settings from the old one. But instead, the new computer's default settings overwrote existing settings on the old computer, which is just dumb.
Because of some hardware issues, I've had to replace the new computer and setup a new one again. Now I really don't want the same thing happening again. So is there a way to make sure my new Windows 10 only receive settings from the old one?

A:How to choose Windows 10 user account sync priority during setup?

Hi uly, welcome to Ten Forums. If you go to Settings -> accounts -> Sync your settings. Make sure that Sync settings is on as well as all individual sync settings ( right below ) are turned on. Good luck.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36219-how-choose-windows-10-user-account-sync-priority-during-setup.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Alrighty for installing disc laptop...HELP! setup windows and Getting so let s just say I dont know TOO much about computers let alone Getting and installing windows setup disc for laptop...HELP! fixing them But I do know for a fact that I CANNOT Getting and installing windows setup disc for laptop...HELP! afford to take it anywhere So Getting and installing windows setup disc for laptop...HELP! please help It starts out like this Turn on my laptop and I hear loud beeps then it goes directly to a black screen that says quot Could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt windows system config system You can attempt to repair by starting windows setup using the original setup cd and select quot R quot at first screen to begin repair Okay first things first Where can i download the disc And can i download it to a external flash drive because my desktop computer I want to download it from doesnt burn cd s and the laptop im repairing doesnt have a floppy drive Second what do i do from there and what steps do i take THANK YOU oh and if it matters my laptop is a HP Pavillion dv

A:Getting and installing windows setup disc for laptop...HELP!

Take a read: How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545.<>For users who don't have a MX XP CD, the following allows creation of a bootable CD which contains the XP Recovery Console: How to Create a Bootable XP Recovery Console CD - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276527/how-to-create-a-bootable-xp-recovery-console-cd/ Additional info that may be useful: How to successfully burn or write an ISO-image to cd or dvd - http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm.You might also check the documentation for your system...and see if there are other repair options available.LouisThe bootable CD can be burned on any working system, the download is available from any system with Internet access.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293335/getting-and-installing-windows-setup-disc-for-laptophelp/
Relevancy 62.78%

AMD Athlon Asus A N-E NF SKT- x Corsair VS MB PC DDR CL RAM Maxtor GB MB RPM SATA HDD ATI X MB PCIE NSPIRE W- PIN DUAL-BBFAN ATX PS SONY DW-Q A x DL IDE DVD RW -RW First I d like to rule Drivers Shutdowns After 10-20 XP Windows Setup Loading Done Seconds out the ram I tried each of the sticks individually in each of the slots Windows XP Setup Shutdowns 10-20 Seconds After Drivers Done Loading on the MOBO When I boot from the windows XP CD for the windows setup right after it has loaded all the drivers and shows the main menu my computer shuts down after - seconds I have installed windows XP in the same manor by working quickly before it shuts Windows XP Setup Shutdowns 10-20 Seconds After Drivers Done Loading down sometimes I d get to the partition part but the PC would shutdown before I could start formatting etc If I get passed all of this and onto the copying files section it continues with no problems I also did all the common tasks of airing out foreign particles throughout the case and made sure all plugs were in place According to Asus s Probe PC with minimal applications running currently CPU Temp - c MB Temp - c Vcore v v v v CPU Rotation - RPM CHIPSET - RPM I m unsure of any other information to express but for one thing I m sure it s not my ram I can t see all my sticks being defective and assuming the slots on the motherboard are not all defective Also my computer has been known to overheat excessively ever since I purchased the system brand new in September From playing Risk Risk and the latest Morrowind my CPU exceeds c and forces the computer to restart unsure if this is related to the reason it is shutting down during windows setup I do not know I would like not to return to the business I purchased it from because they are a holes if it comes down to it and I can narrow down the problem I probally should Thanks team Luds nbsp

A:Windows XP Setup Shutdowns 10-20 Seconds After Drivers Done Loading

Have you checked if there's "shutdown enabled" in temperature / voltage / fan speed settings in BIOS?

Maybe it thinks the CPU fan speed is too low.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-setup-shutdowns-10-20-seconds-after-drivers-done-loading.57399/
Relevancy 62.78%

AMD Athlon Asus A N-E NF SKT- x Corsair VS MB PC DDR CL RAM Maxtor GB MB RPM SATA HDD ATI X MB PCIE NSPIRE W- PIN DUAL-BBFAN Windows Loading Done After Setup Drivers Shutdowns Seconds 10-20 XP ATX PS SONY Windows XP Setup Shutdowns 10-20 Seconds After Drivers Done Loading DW-Q A x DL IDE DVD RW -RW First I d like to rule out the ram I tried each of the sticks individually in each of the slots on the MOBO maybe ram not properly configured by the auto feature what settings should I be using for my ram When I boot from the windows XP CD for the windows setup right after it has loaded all the drivers and shows the main menu my computer shuts down after - seconds I have installed windows XP in the same manor by working quickly before it shuts down sometimes I d get to the partition Windows XP Setup Shutdowns 10-20 Seconds After Drivers Done Loading part but the PC would shutdown before I could start formatting etc If I get passed all of this and onto the copying files section it continues with no problems I also did all the common tasks of Windows XP Setup Shutdowns 10-20 Seconds After Drivers Done Loading airing out foreign particles throughout the case and made sure all plugs were in place According to Asus s Probe PC with minimal applications running currently CPU Temp - c MB Temp - c Vcore v v v v CPU Rotation - RPM CHIPSET - RPM I m unsure of any other information to express but for one thing I m sure it s not my ram I can t see all my sticks being defective and assuming the slots on the motherboard are not all defective Also my computer has been known to overheat excessively ever since I purchased the system brand new in September From playing Risk Risk and the latest Morrowind my CPU exceeds c and forces the computer to restart unsure if this is related to the reason it is shutting down during windows setup I do not know I ve also tried disabling all temperature and voltage auto shutdowns in bios that I could find I also had problems with my HDD with error in the system event viewer but fixed it by turning off command qeueing in system devices I would like not to return to the business I purchased it from because they are a holes if it comes down to it and I can narrow down the problem I probally should Thanks team Luds nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I am looking for some help please I am struggling with a family computer that i think may have been shut down during an update It is a Intel Pentium with MB running Windows XP Home Edition with SP XP 0xc0150002 for a Windows has for error a password been account setup Explorer.exe that and never XP now asking user ! Currently when you start up the computer it is going to the logon screen with the logon name filled in as the name of the computer and asking for the password No user account has ever been setup since the machine was purchased many years ago If you just click ok without a password it carries on with its startup until you get to the desktop when it pops up an error message Explorer EXE - Application Error The application Windows XP error Explorer.exe 0xc0150002 and XP now asking for a password for a user account that has never been setup ! failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application If you click ok you then get left with just the desktop no icons or start bar etc You cannot use ctrl-alt-del either I have the Windows XP error Explorer.exe 0xc0150002 and XP now asking for a password for a user account that has never been setup ! same problem with safe mode I can however get a command prompt if i log on to safe mode with command prompt I have tried running the recovery console and logging on as administrator and trying to do a system restore but the box comes up and just hangs I am not sure what to do next and any advice would be greatly appreciated Many Thanks Icedgem

A:Windows XP error Explorer.exe 0xc0150002 and XP now asking for a password for a user account that has never been setup !

Worth a look, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822520A number of different scenarios seem to result in this error message.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305691/windows-xp-error-explorerexe-0xc0150002-and-xp-now-asking-for-a-password-for-a-user-account-that-has-never-been-setup/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everyone,
I have an Toshiba setallite L755, my I was trying to refresh the machine. I boot into win7 Home Premium cd and wipe its HD. Then In drive options it said can't install OS on this disk an setup would not install after installing 39%.
I bought a new 500 GB WD blue HD, it does not give error about installing OS on drive but it would still not got beyond 39% while installing.

A:Can't install Windows 7 on Toshiba, setup exits after installing 39%.

Quote: Originally Posted by 7info

Hi everyone,
I have an Toshiba setallite L755, my I was trying to refresh the machine. I boot into win7 Home Premium cd and wipe its HD. Then In drive options it said can't install OS on this disk an setup would not install after installing 39%.
I bought a new 500 GB WD blue HD, it does not give error about installing OS on drive but it would still not got beyond 39% while installing.

win7 home premium... x64 or x86? English?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353906-cant-install-windows-7-toshiba-setup-exits-after-installing-39-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi ,
I have the same problem on my setup using Asus p5q-em motherboard and windows xp pro 32 bit. After formatting the disc and installing files the reboot just keeps going to the motherboard screen and will not for into the GUI based portin of the set up. Can Anyone help me figure out this problem. I changed the hard drive, ram, and a new os disc with the same problem. Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-pro-windows-setup-completes-wont-enter-gui-portion-289322.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi my laptop wouldn't start up and came up with an error I went windows is - then services starting Re-Installing error. Setup back to windows when it was first purchased so I wouldn't lose my files too Now when I start up it says quot Re-Installing windows - Setup is starting services then error. Setup is starting services quot and after about seconds it comes up with the error quot The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click quot OK quot to restart the computer and then restart the installation quot The problem is whenever I click quot OK quot and it restarts it just comes back with the same error It used to be a different error Windows could not complete the installation for some reason that I cant remember That also put me in this boot loop I just want to find out how to fix this so I can go back to all my files that are very important I cannot lose these files or my life will be over Specs Acer Aspire G Windows home premium bit mb memory mb video memory Intel core i M GHz

A:Re-Installing windows - Setup is starting services then error.

You should always back up your files externally as well as make your Recovery Disks or save a Backup Image, so that if Win7 becomes irreparable you can reimage it and put your files back.

Works through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot which include how to copy out your data externally which I would do first if you have data you cannot risk losing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222992-re-installing-windows-setup-starting-services-then-error.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro SP enter (Installing Setup GUI XP won't Windows completes, Pro): portion from a CD-rom onto an old HP machine I've had for a while I've already formatted the hard drive using NTFS and wiped the old Windows XP install I put in the CD and the Windows Setup portion completes The machine then restarts shows the HP boot screen then gives me the quot Press any key to boot from CD quot message and just sits there It (Installing XP Pro): Windows Setup completes, won't enter GUI portion won't start the GUI portion of the setup If I do press a key and boot from the CD it just starts the Windows Setup portion of (Installing XP Pro): Windows Setup completes, won't enter GUI portion the install from scratch I've re-tried the install probably times now and it just hangs at the quot Press any key to boot from CD quot screen every time the install reboots after the Windows Setup portion Machine specs HP Pavilion Asus P B-LA Pentium ghz mb PC SDRAM gb rpm IDE HDD Sapphire Radeon Pro mb Any thoughts

A:(Installing XP Pro): Windows Setup completes, won't enter GUI portion

Try taking out the cd, then change the boot order in the BIOS to boot from the hard drive first

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-pro-windows-setup-completes-wont-enter-gui-portion-147923.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Yes, I just want to RAID 0 two hard drives and put it in my current system. Do I just simply set the options in the RAID menu during post and simply format them in Windows XP? Or do I still have to install drivers?

A:I want to setup a hard drive RAID 0 without installing windows on it

for raid, you need drivers. but firstyou need to turn on the raid controller in bios, and then enter the raid configuration utility upon the next reboot where you can set up the array. not all motherboards do it this way, and i'm assuming that you have the raid controller integrated int o the motherboard (not an add-in card). once you get that set up, install the windows drivers. you can then partition and format the volume using disk management.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-setup-a-hard-drive-raid-0-without-installing-windows-on-it.64739/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have been trying to load Windows XP back on to my Dell Dimention 4500 computer and only get to the point of "Setup is loading Windows" and it hangs there. When i boot from the hard disk I get PBR2...done, ! PBR and things stop. Any help would be appreciated, I am Stumped

A:Solved: Windows XP reinstall hangs on "Setup is installing Windows"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-reinstall-hangs-on-setup-is-installing-windows.1088836/
Relevancy 61.92%

Apologies if this posted in the wrong forum, but i couldn t find anything on this.

Here s the problem, i have installed like 400 fonts nd now found out most of them re shite so i want get rid of it. The Problem is i do not want to delete every one manually, so i m asking is there a way to leave only the default fonts (which came with the installation of windows) installed nd remove/delete the ones i ve installed?

A:How to uninstall Windows fonts leaving only Windows default installed?

Hi.

Follow these steps Fonts - Delete

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/217753-how-uninstall-windows-fonts-leaving-only-windows-default-installed.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I built a new PC and installed Windows XP Home OK. Connected to the Internet without anti virus and picked up several viruses. Refomatted hard drive to clear problem and now cannot install past the Windows Setup blue screen. I can install Win98 on the same computer but neither CD nor boot floppy will install XP. Suspect hardware failure on motherboard or RAM. looking for diagnostic tool to test motherboard and or memory.

System begins installation after correctly identifying hardware but always stalls at the same point, blue screen with Windows Setup in white letters in upper left corner.

System is completely new with AMD XP2500 Barton CPU, M848A motherboard, 512mb of RAM, 80gb Maxtor HDD. OS would be Win XP Home.........

A:Error on installing XP Home - stuck at Windows Setup screen

First thing.....
When the bsod(blue screen of death) comes up write down the error and respond back. This will help us in determining what is causing the problem. I really doubt that you have a hardware problem. Since the system passes the initial post test.

Depending on what little nasty viruses you caught. Some are not deleted just by reformatting the hard drive. You may need to do a low level format to make sure your boot sectors are clean as well as your fat table isnt infected.

There are some pro's and con's to doing a low level format.
Pro's.....put's the drive back to like new status. Like you just bought it.
Con's....It takes hours to do a low level format, but It's dependant on the size of the drive. You can download the low level format tool from your hard drive manufacturer.

Before i shoot the gun let's see what this error message is telling us......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-on-installing-xp-home-stuck-at-windows-setup-screen.289839/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi community,
i have a old ide motherboard with a sata hdd connected onto it with a convertor and have tried to do a clean installation windows 7 ultimate RTM on it. Except heres the problem. When it comes up to the "Installing Updates" stage nothing happens. It just stays like that untill 2 hrs later it says that the installtion media could not be acessed. I have tried restarting the setup but it still doesnt work
Please HELP!

Specs:

M/B:ASUS P4XPX
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.66Ghz
HDD: Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 SATA

A:Windows 7 Clean Setup stuck on Installing Updates step

First use the MS site Upgrade Advisor, make sure that there are not any known conflicts. If that comes up negative, back up your hard drive (make an image). Boot up from the DVD not your OS. When you get to the screen that asks if you want custom or upgrade, hit upgrade, chose advanced, then format. It should work.
If you have an upgrade disc, do not put your key number in until the process is completed and you have tried it for a while. Win or lose let us know what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/38691-windows-7-clean-setup-stuck-installing-updates-step.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi Dell,
I unable to install windows 7 64bit on my T5810 workstation. whenever i boot from OEM windows dvd the harddrive is not showing. i found the below link of tutorial but i don't have that drivers in my dvds.
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/555/videos~en/documents~esupport-precision-t5810-storage-driver-en-v2.aspx
where can i find this, i don't have my installation disc which comes with the machine.
waiting for you suggestion.
Thanks
Regards
Chimabu

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981828
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I have a windows 7 desktop PC and i will be giving my desktop PC away to my friend and he has asked me to reinstall windows 7 clean install and install any drivers and update but then he wants to setup the computer himself like going through the first time setup procedure.

My question is how do i bypass the windows 7 username setup screen and use the sysprep tool.

Thanks

A:Installing windows 7 without creating user name

Hi suraj12 and welcome to the forums.

I remember reading through this article (stickied in this forum) by Kari a while back and seems to cover what you are interested in: An Old School Geek?s approach to Installing & Setting Up a Windows PC

The section of interest to you will be about Audit Mode section. I've never used it but it seems to achieve what you want?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314821-installing-windows-7-without-creating-user-name.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there..
Iam facing a problem while installing some softwares on my Windows 7..
Iam unable to install software like Daemon tools & Alcohol 120% on my laptop having Win 7 home premium (64 bit).
Whenevr i try to install these 2 software, they give me one error "Internal Setup Error Error code:14"
i have lot of game in image formats and i need these virtual drive softwares..iam using latest version of these softwares which they say are compatible with windows 7.
Plz help or suggest me any other software which can just load these image disks..i really need them
plz help

A:Daemon Tools & Alcohol 120% are not installing on Windows 7 (Internal Setup Error 14)

I think you should read the rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/daemon-tools-alcohol-120-are-not-installing-on-windows-7-internal-setup-error-14.955892/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

I keep getting the same error message: "setup cannot copy the file wmiscv.dll. error message" while installing Windows Xp Service Pack 3. I have tried rebooting, and turning off Norton.

Any one have a solution?

Thanks very much

Alyce

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-cannot-copy-the-file-wmiscv-dll-error-message-will-installing-windows-xp-s3-304539.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Before i do a windows install i use everest and find the info i need to get drivers.
After i do a windows install i go to dev mgr to see what drivers i am missing and go hunt them down, often at the mobo mfgr website of course. And often i have to get the drivers for pci and pci-e cards that arent built into the mobo.
But i am wondering if there is an easier way to do this. I see people offering to do a windows install and get all the drivers for $30 and i wonder how they can do all that for only $30. There must be a quicker way?
Is it by using one of those driver programs?
Thanks in advance as i know there will be some good replies!

I

A:After installing windows - best way to get drivers

I use a CD with a collection of 75000 XP and Vista drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-installing-windows-best-way-to-get-drivers.139707/
Relevancy 61.06%

Yeah, so I'm trying to install my video card driver update from acer website. I uninstall, then windows installs its own again. It is making me angry... Anyone know how to disable that function, remove the windows drivers, or another solution?

A:Windows installing its own drivers = bad

Easy fix. Acer does not make video cards. Get the OEM drivers from the manufacturer. If it's a GeForce card, go to Nvidia.com. If its ATI, go to ATI.com.

Bottom line: PC manufacturers use the drivers provided by them from the chipset manufacturers. Problem is, those drivers are 2 to 3 versions old.

Courtney sends....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installing-its-own-drivers-bad.593854/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have upgraded to Windows my notebook ProBook G -W pro bit and I had some issues with Wi-Fi that I'm trying to solve that's why I've rolled back to Windows I would like nbsp to do a clean upgrade using the Windows ISO As about Installing DVD using - ISO What drivers 10 and... Windows my hard-disk has four partitions I would like to erase Hp Recovery partition and Hp Tools this way I can install W on C and then all my data and music on an new partition nbsp But if I upgrade to Windows using a DVD with ISO then I loose all the HP sofwares isn't it nbsp HP Client Securety Manager I use fingerprint nbsp HP Softpaq etc I think that I can download from HP site about all the softwares and drivers I need but will it work Is it too drastic to use an ISO to upgrade to windows and erase all I have on C For exemple now I can access to BIOS by HP Client Security Manager and then nbsp I hope I explain myself I don't speak very well English nbsp nbsp Cheers nbsp Marco nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Installing-Windows-10-using-ISO-DVD-What-about-drivers-and/td-p/5656141
Relevancy 61.06%

Yes I know I was stupid I had finally had enough of Vista and formatted and installed XP However it would now seem that my drivers are not on the PC now? drivers No What after Windows installing XP. after installation as I said Yes No drivers after installing Windows XP. What now? I know now that that was stupid Am I best removing XP and reinstalling Vista My D drive still is still the Vista recovery drive Will reinstalling this bring back my drivers and give me the chance to download them again I also have a Windows Vista CD that I downloaded I have the original key that came with the PC for Vista Otherwise I will need to download them on my Windows PC As I No drivers after installing Windows XP. What now? also have no drivers for internet connections - What am I best doing If I am best downloading and installing the drivers How can I find out what drivers I need I know you probably get this kind of question a lot but I would really like your help Thanks in advance guys and gals

A:No drivers after installing Windows XP. What now?

Hi what is the make and model of your computer or if a custom build the make and model of the motherboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-drivers-after-installing-windows-xp-what-now-673831.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Good People,

This is a TechNet video on configuring & installing devices, but, in reality, the video is primarily about installing drivers.

The speaker speaks at a mile a minute rate so get your hands on the Ctrl-P keys to pause/resume the video.

I definitely think that this video is worth viewing if you are encountering driver installation problems.

Configuring Devices in Windows 7

A:Installing Drivers in Windows 7

Nice post +1
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/123473-installing-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

I have had a problem with my rig for a few months now; have found no solutions online and been skirting around sorting it out. I'm running a custom build PC on which I clean installed a (legal) copy of Windows 8.1

My system works fine except it can not install drivers for ANYTHING non-standard. Keyboard, mouse, memory sticks, HDDs all work fine, however when I plug in my phone/tablet/camera etc via USB, it fails to install drivers and I can't use my device.

Here's what device manager looks like with my (android) phone plugged in

And when I select Update driver software, I get this error:

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Matt

A:Windows 8 not installing any drivers

Can nobody help me!? I've been trying to find solutions but I can't get around the basic noob solutions like "Check windows auto-update is switched on" - and other steps which I have obviously already tried.
I can't find drivers for my devices anywhere online - not that I should have to, as windows should find them automatically...

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54459-windows-8-not-installing-any-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I would like to install Windows 7 64 with the user data directory already re-located to a 2nd physical disk.
How do I modify the default install directory for user data at install time?

A:Installing windows with user data redirect

We tried that with Vista a while back - never could get it working correctly, and I clamored for it in vLite for a while three, then talked to a guy from MSFN forums who was gonna work on it on his own and after a while it just never panned out.

I am not sure why it was so difficult - with XP I nLite'd the OS so that by default the installation created the Documents and Settings tree and the Program Files tree on a separate physical HD during install - and I am pretty positive this is the exact kind of thing you're looking for.

I, too, would love to be able to do that - however, in retrospect, I actually like it without having that.

I install normal apps to the System drive, but I manually install games to a separate physical drive - thereby bypassing the permissions factor on that separate drive, since the Program Files folder is created manually by me and thus is not subject to the strict permissions limitations imposed by both Vista and now 7.

however, it would be nice if I could 7lite the OS so that I could by default have my special folders (aka Documents, etc) already located on the secondary HD, as I manually do it now - all those special folders that are normally under the users\{username}\ tree I manually move on every install in both Vista and now in all my 7 installs to my separate physical HD, making a reinstall of the OS and apps a lot easier for me....

I can try to get back in touch with the guy from MSFN and see if he ever figured it out - but hat might be a good place for you to go looking as well....

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/10498-installing-windows-user-data-redirect.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hi guys.

i have a problme in my computer and i be glad if you guys could help me !

I recently updated my drivers by the program (Driver booster 3 PRo).
after the program finished to download the new drivers, he asks me to reboot the computer.
after i reboot, i couldent start the windows. my windows crashes at windows 7 loggin and show a blue screen for a 1 sec, and than restart the computer.
I cant go to Safe mode, Cant do recovery point cuse i dont have one.
i have access to Administrator Prompt and That's all.

what to do ? please help !

*BTW i dont have windows CD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383044-help-cant-start-windows-7-after-installing-new-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone. I have a question. I will format my pc and will do a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate x64. How can i prevent windows from installing any driver? I want to install the latest drivers myself. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

A:Prevent windows from installing drivers

Welcome to WindowsSeven Forum Here is a tutorial on how to do just that Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation
Hope this will do . Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/114320-prevent-windows-installing-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I installed drivers for a scanner and when the computer rebooted, I received the message:
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD: Missing/Unable to Load
Press any key to continue.

When I press a key, the computer immediately shuts down.

Please Help!!

A:Windows Won't Load After Installing Drivers

this sounds like your fix Error Message: VMM32.VXD: Missing/Unable to Load

This behavior can occur if the Umaxis11.386 file is being loaded from the System.ini file. This file is used by UMAX scanner software.
This behavior can be caused by a file that is used by the Genius scanner software. The Genius scanner file is named Smis11.386.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-after-installing-drivers.59917/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey guys,

So i'm using the windows ISO creation download..

I am installing windows 8.1 core on a Lenovo y410p..
hwinfo 64 says this for chipset: Intel HM86 (Lynx Point)

Once I reboot to start the process of Installing windows, around the point of when I format the drive to ready it, there is an option to "load drivers" before the actual install..

Can/Do I use the "load drivers" before I actually install windows? Ive seen that button but never really used it. Is that what that is for, to install chipset drivers I downloaded or something?

A:Load Drivers before installing Windows..

I've never had to use that myself, if it asks for drivers that would the time to use it otherwise just do the install and update/install drivers after.

As long as you are connected to the internet windows will find any drivers it needs to complete the install.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69019-load-drivers-before-installing-windows.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I had windows vista home previous with my hp dv tx I've just formatted OS drive amp dv6226tx after for installing hp Drivers 7 windows installed windows Now i dont have any driver cd with my laptop as they dont provide After installing windows i think all basic drivers are preinstalled but video is poor quality and slower and my notebook has Drivers for hp dv6226tx after installing windows 7 nvidia geforce go card but it's not showing now in device manager i searched on hp site and found this link But there isnt all in one like installation file many files and they are for windows vista and xp only not mentioned about windows is it same for vista and xp can u tell me after fresh install of windows which drivers i need to install from those on HP site or can u link me to other site which has all needed latest drivers for my HP dv tx notebook for windows ultimate BTW windows improved speed times than windows vista it's gr Hope i'll get right advice from you guys soon Thanks Update I've done windows update and it has installed ndivida drivers but i doubt if they are latest how can i check if they are latest or which one else to install from hp ndivida site excat link Thanks

A:Drivers for hp dv6226tx after installing windows 7

Welcome!

Here are the latest drivers for your card: NVIDIA DRIVERS 179.48 BETA

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/62109-drivers-hp-dv6226tx-after-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have been having problems with Windows 10 Home and after searching around I found that the best course of action would be to reinstall windows.
Having created a USB with the install on it I want to start, however I had my PC made and delivered to me with everything installed including my Graphics card drivers ect. I have the disk for it, and I understand how to reinstall windows but what I don't know is when I would Install the Graphics Card drivers and whether an External Disk Drive would work when completing this process?
I am nervous about reinstalling windows but I feel it is neccisary.

Thank you for reading, and help is appreciated.
Ben

A:When to install drivers when re-installing Windows 10

Originally Posted by benpatten

I have been having problems with Windows 10 Home and after searching around I found that the best course of action would be to reinstall windows.
Having created a USB with the install on it I want to start, however I had my PC made and delivered to me with everything installed including my Graphics card drivers ect. I have the disk for it, and I understand how to reinstall windows but what I don't know is when I would Install the Graphics Card drivers and whether an External Disk Drive would work when completing this process?
I am nervous about reinstalling windows but I feel it is neccisary.

Thank you for reading, and help is appreciated.
Ben

Welcome Ben to Ten Forums. You could make a backup of all your installed drivers 1st. Also makes a complete image backup of your Windows OS too before doing your re-install of Windows. If you choose the Repair Windows method Ben, then you will not lose any personal files or installed 3rd party programs. Only thing you might want to do is whatever 3rd party AV program you may be using is to remove it 1st before repairing your Windows 10. Here are some links Ben, and suggestions.

For making a backup for all your Windows Drivers:
Create a folder on your flash drive or any internal or external drive: Drivers
Open Admin command prompt and run: Dism /Online /Export-Driver /Destination:X:\Drivers
Replace X with the drive letter of your drive.
Or use the freeware: Driver 4.1 Backup Download
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/61...le-driver.html

Link for doing a Repair install for your Windows:
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Here is the link for Macrium Reflect for making a complete image of your current Windows 10 OS
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Hope this helps you Ben
Mike

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47557-when-install-drivers-when-re-installing-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,I have a old hp pavilion dv6 entertainment pc which runs windows vista then upgraded to windows 7. I decided to wipe the whole drive and put windows 8 on it. It installs fine then when I try to play a game like "minecraft" it crashes and gives me a error which is "pixel format not supported". The common solution for that problem was to update the video card drivers which I did but when I installed it, it says that the ATI driver failed to install. So i looked on the website for the windows 8.1 drivers and i also installed that but it only installed the WDDM driver. I know that the drivers are not compatible with windows 8.1 and this pc was not designed to run windows 8.1. So is there any way to fix this? Thanks

A:Problem installing drivers on windows 8.1

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue. The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.  Also provide the Windows Ids of the graphics adapter. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-installing-drivers-on-windows-8-1/td-p/4426468
Relevancy 60.2%

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem I am having with a non-typical HID device The device in question is called a NEO manufactured by a company called Renaissance Learning This device is used in schools for students to test 'smartapplets' on These smartapplets teach things like keyboarding and math etc The device looks like a keyboard with x inch LCD screen on it Typically you are able to connect this device to a computer and it will transfer the information to an application that can manage it all The problem that I am having with it is that when I connect this device to a computer it should install drivers back to back This is how it had previously worked on all Windows operating systems installing 2 8 drivers 1 of only Windows automatically in the past You connect it it installs a standard HID driver for allowing the device to be used as a secondary keyboard then another driver to allow the device to connect to the NEO Manager software Windows will install the HID driver automatically but not the second driver When I view the device in Device Manager I can see it there with an asterisk by it as if it knows that drivers were not installed properly Right click the device choose to update drivers and choose the search option It will find the drivers locally I know this since fiddler did not report any communication http wise and then install them and everything is fine So this is my question What has changed in Windows that now does not install both drivers automatically as other versions have in the past The drivers are signed properly and I see no events in any Windows 8 only installing 1 of 2 drivers automatically section of the event viewer that Windows 8 only installing 1 of 2 drivers automatically would denote an issue I also tested turning Windows 8 only installing 1 of 2 drivers automatically off the strict driver enforcement or whatever that was called and it did the same thing This happens on both the and bit versions of Windows It works on all other versions from Windows XP to Windows

A:Windows 8 only installing 1 of 2 drivers automatically

I would like to add the steps of what happens with this device when plugged in.
1. Connect USB cable to device, then plug other end into any usb port on the computer
2. Windows recognizes a device has been plugged in, then installs a driver for it (HID Keyboard driver)
3. The device is not recognized by its dedicated software that was previously installed. Check Device Manager, a device shows with an ! next to it.
4. Right click on said device and click Update Driver Software, choose the Search Automatically for updated driver software
5. Windows searches, quickly, the search is only done on the hard drive, not the internet.
6. Windows finds needed driver, and installs it, with visual dialog and verification of completion.
7. Dedicated software detects the device and everything works as it should.

Why this second driver doesnt install automatically is what I do not understand. All other Operating Systems prior to Windows 8 installed both after attaching the device to the computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26841-windows-8-only-installing-1-2-drivers-automatically.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a friend with a Toshiba laptop running vista. It goes to install his wifi drivers and does so but when i hit finish it restarts the process installing the same driver. I cant use his verizon broadband card either, even with the firewall turned off??? as a result i can't get internet. everything else works fine .
AND when i insert the backup disk it says "drives cannot be found"?. i think all of these stem from maybe a screwed up windows driver folder, but have no clue why or how it got like this.

thanks in advance
jake

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-has-trouble-installing-drivers-344753.html
Relevancy 60.2%

This computer had windows 7 installed but suddenly was unable to boot. I'm attempting to install windows 7 again, but where the installer asks me "where do you want to install windows?"  it tells me "No drivers were found." and the list that usually shows drives and partitions remains unpopulated.

Other things that may be important: 
My friend had windows 7 installed on the computer from a bootleg disk. I read that doing this improperly has caused the problem.

The BIOS is already set on ACHI mode

Model: Inspiron N5040

I could not locate a recovery image.

any help is appreciated!

A:Can't find drivers when installing Windows 7.

This is a french site which detect all your Missing drivers on your computer and give u Links for downloading very easy to use, 

Go to  :http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=29

scroll down and click on Lancer la détection

this will Launch a simple java Application which is going to scan your computer and detects all missing drivers after that,  u see all missing drivers with there download Link, Just download and install them hope its helps,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489033/cant-find-drivers-when-installing-windows-7/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an Acer 5715z notebook and going to upgrading it to Windows 7 and how do you install drivers to the computer once I load my new OS?

A:How do I install new drivers after installing Windows 7 7

There are several ways:

1) You have an Acer oem machine with vista, so there may or may not be win7 drivers available. Look up the acer support page for your model and download the win7 drivers if they are available. Of course this can be done after upgrading too.

2) If only vista drivers are available, you can use those but in addition you can locate generic drivers for well known devices such as Realtek high def audio (thats the sound card you have). Your machine has somewhat older hardware such as the 965 express onboard gfx, I think no drivers were released for this one after 2009, you can look up intel's support page for this.

3) Device drivers are also offered through windows update or just go to the device manager, right click on the device then click update. But windows database drivers may not be updated.

4) If you have the .exe file for the driver, just double click to install, if its zipped extract to a local folder first then run the setup file.

5) A nifty thing you can do is to backup existing installed drivers using a tool like Double driver. After upgrading to win7, you can restore any of he backed up drivers if no updated driver is available. Will save you some bandwidth if you're on a limited connection.

6) All installed drivers are saved in he location "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository", so one can also backup this folder, then point the devices in device manager to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/181227-how-do-i-install-new-drivers-after-installing-windows-7-7-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, i have a z50-70 just got an SSD and did a fresh install of windows 10 cos we all know how much microsoft's OS "upgrading" (wrecking) works. so it all went smooth and fine i downloaded and installed the latest drivers off http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-Z-Series-laptops/Lenovo-Z50-70?... and all the drivers work fine except the ACPI one. the installer doesnt even open. at all i tried running as admin, turning off UAC , compatibility etc etc. just wont open it flashes for a few milliseconds and disappears. and im thinking as a result of this my computer wont go to sleep, well it does but wakes up immediately i ran powercfg /lastwake to find the problem it said the power button -_- like seriously? can someone help me get my ACPI drivers updated... and no windows update is not helping.   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/ACPI-drivers-for-windows-10-Z50-70-not-installing/td-p/3356100
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm about to build a new computer from scratch, I want to know if I will be able to install the OS without installing any drivers, what I'm afraid is I wont be able to see windows 7 installing (because my video card doesn't have it's drivers), or I won't be able to install it from the DVD at all (because my Blu-Ray/DVD drive doesn't have it's drivers). Can somebody tell me if it will be OK before I get to install the drivers? Or am I screwed? Another side question is if the OEM DVD will automatically install on a clean HDD, and will it install BIOS or whatever the computer does to boot up (lol, so unprofessional sounding).

Thanks

A:Solved: Installing Windows 7 OEM with No Drivers...

The OS will have default drivers so that you will be able to install Windows (and see what you are doing). But after installation, you may need more drivers, or better ones (to get all video resolutions, for example), so it's a good idea to find them ahead of time. Some devices may not work at all if you don't find drivers for them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-windows-7-oem-with-no-drivers.934395/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a ProBook 450 G2 which seems to have a hard drive that's going bad. I replaced the HD with an SSD and was going to upgrade the OS to Win 10. But near the beginning of the installation process I got a dialog box that said "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now." I downloaded the SATA driver, however, the install program didn't like it. I also tried the chipset driver and the USB driver, but it didn't want those drivers either. Does anyone know what drivers it's looking for? Thanks. David

A:drivers needed before installing windows 10

Hi, The SATA driver is included in Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver, you can be extracted with Winrar and include it in a USB for use in the installation: Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (American, International Related links: HP PCs - Secure Boot (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA6-2538ENW.pdf

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/drivers-needed-before-installing-windows-10/td-p/5775707
Relevancy 60.2%

So i was helping out my friend install windows he wanted to completely get rid of windows vista and install windows So he inserted the install disk booted the computer from the disk and went into custom install windows found drivers Installing 7 no He selected the main partition out of the visible drives and i believe he clicked on format before he continued which warned him that it would wipe his computer clean i think thats what screwed everything up After what seemed like a successful install the computer would start up and the screen would turn blue and then shut off After trying to restart several times with no signs of improvement we decided to retry re-installing windows But this time when it came down to selecting the partition no options were available There s an option to quot load driver quot but when i tried installing it all it gave me was a quot no drivers found quot error message I tried doing system recovery but every attempt to fix the computer some error similar to the no drivers found would pop up I m afraid that something Installing windows 7 no drivers found important got deleted like some driver specific to the computers model thats Installing windows 7 no drivers found required Installing windows 7 no drivers found to read the hard disk Either way i m clueless as to how to approach this problem Right now it has no operating system The computer is a Toshiba Satellite if anyone knows how to fix this help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Installing windows 7 no drivers found

You probably need to find the SATA controller driver for your computer. You can usually load it via a floppy or usb flash drive (depends on your computer).

Another option is to enter your computer's BIOS setup utility and change the SATA controller mode from native SATA to IDE emulation. Again, not all computers support this function, you should check the manual for details (look for anything related to SATA, PATA/EIDE/IDE, AHCI).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-7-no-drivers-found.895342/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have the HP DV7 4263cl with switchable graphics AMD chipset M880G with both Mobility Radeon HD 4250  and AMD 6370m. My processor is the AMD Phenom II.  The drivers on HP's support site for my laptop are very old (2010) and work fine in Windows 7. However when I try to install the drivers in compatability mode on in Windows 8.1 or 10 or manually install them through the device manager, my computer does not respond well and doesnt install everything fully and either shuts down or shows a blue error screen. I have tried everything and haven't had any luck getting these installed.  Please Help!!!! 

A:problems installing amd drivers on HP Dv7 for windows 10

Yours is the third post I've seen about switchable graphics not working in Windows 10. Sadly, you may have to simply hope for a Windows 10 driver update. Have you checked for a Chipset or BIOS/UEFI update? Maybe you would have better luck on the AMD forum.   If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/problems-installing-amd-drivers-on-HP-Dv7-for-windows-10/td-p/5182241
Relevancy 60.2%

It is a samsung HD 753LJ sata hdd .I see the hdd in disk management . When I start installation it gets to a point where it asks for a disk with the the drivers ,obviously sata drivers.I have another sata wd drive which works ok on xp on this asrock board I can't ,as yet find sata drivers for this what can I do ?

A:installing windows 7 on a new hdd need sata drivers

Sata drivers are for the motherboard chipset, not the hard drive itself, if XP can see the other drive, then W7 should be able to see the other one for sure.

When I start installation it gets to a point where it asks for a disk with the the driversClick to expand...

I have not installed W7 on any hardware yet, so I am not familiar with this step, did you try to skip it?

Model of Asrock?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-7-on-a-new-hdd-need-sata-drivers.870466/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have windows 8.1 and i when i check for updates it ONLY gives me updates for windows defender and nothing else(just sometimes it gave updates for windows 8.1 ) and i wanted to find out if this was indeed normal or are there updates available that i am not getting , also to add i had acquired many updates in a 100 MB pack last night which i installed but i want to know about these windows defender definition updates because i am getting them daily in 400-800 kb's
Thanks in advance

A:Installing Drivers from windows update

you should never touch Drivers from Windows update. Always get them from the manufacturer. I can't count the times when I've seen people's computer especially their WIFI losing connectivity after they update their drives from Windows updates

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49714-installing-drivers-windows-update.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Guys I am having some problems with my computer running Windows XP When I boot up my computer it automatically searches for a driver that I am not sure what it is looking for and it always fails saying that it Windows Installing Drivers Having Xp Problems cannot find the correct one I just put a new SD card reader and when I put it in the same problem arises it won t automatically install the drivers for me and it comes back and fails I will attach my hijackthis log below I Windows Xp Having Problems Installing Drivers m not really sure what it is for but I know last time I posted here they had me post it So I will save myself some time and put it now Thanks in advance Craig Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Windows Xp Having Problems Installing Drivers MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files PokerOffice bin javaw exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files MySQL bin mysqld-nt exeC WINDOWS system oodag exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXEO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run POEngine quot C Program Files PokerOffice POEngine exe quot C Program Files PokerOfficeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run STYLEXP C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe -HideO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Prog... Read more

A:Windows Xp Having Problems Installing Drivers

You need to go to the HijackThis forum and post there. Do the "read me" first
Now pertaining to your problem, go into Device Manager and search for any yellow exclamation points by anything
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100422/windows-xp-having-problems-installing-drivers/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone it is my first time posting here and I am having an issue. I recently installed two 7950s in my computer and did a clean install of Windows Vista 32 bit but when it came to installing the video drivers I would receive constant BSODs and thought it would be because of vista. A friend of mine lent me his windows 7 install to see if that was the problem and I'm getting the same results. The result is I do a fresh install, install all the motherboard drivers, run all windows updates including system pack 1 then install catalyst drivers either through the CD that came with the video cards or through the AMD website. I get the same results from both installs, BSOD at the Welcome screen.My motherboard is an ASRock 970 Extreme 3 and I'm running two Sapphire Vapor-X 7950's in crossfire, 1000 watt power supply, AMD Phenom II x4 925 CPU and 4 GB of RAM

A:BSOD Windows 7 64 bit when installing AMD Drivers

Hello,

What version of the driver did you install?

Try removing one of the graphics card and see if you still get the same issue.

How are the temps? Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

The dump files that is in the report is 0x116 Video TDR Failure. This can usually be caused by faulty drivers, Overheating, or faulty hardware

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e68000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`030ab670
Debug session time: Sat Apr 13 13:34:30.666 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:08.414
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800729e4e0, fffff88002d40410, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+9410 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800729e4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88002d40410, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+9410
fffff880`02d40410 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`027079c8 fffff880`0409e000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0729e4e0 fffff880`02d40410 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`027079d0 fffff880`0409dd0a : fffff880`02d40410 fffffa80`0729e4e0 fffffa80`0400d910 fffffa80`06b7b010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02707a10 fffff880`04144f07 : fffffa80`0729e4e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0400d910 fffffa80`06b7b010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`02707a40 fffff880`0416eb75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000e02 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`02707b20 fffff880`0416d2bb : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000e02 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`02707b50 fffff880`041402c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`06b7b010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`02707bf0 fffff880`0416ce7a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0400d910 00000000`00000080 fffffa... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-64-bit-when-installing-amd-drivers-692684.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Problems Installing SATA Drivers to Windows XP

I cannot seem to get Windows to recognise the floppy that holds the drivers for my SATA drives. I hit the f6 option during the Win XP install, it prompts me to insert the floppy, yada, yada. I do so, the floppy appears to be accessed, but then it goes right back to the screen prompting me to insert the floppy that contains the drivers. This is a completely new system, new Abit KV8 Pro board, 2 new WD 80 gig drives, new everything. I got the RAID array set up in the bios no problem, I just cannot get the Win install to recognise the floppy that has the drivers on it. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and knowing me, it is something extremely simple and stupid.

A:Installing SATA Drivers to Windows XP

I had the same problem. This is what I did to fix the problem. I left the floppy in the A drive by mistake. When I booted, instead of hitting f6, I hit f5. Then the process continues, it will stop and ask what type of computer you have. I chose the i486 option. Then the boot process continued, and it read the A drive and installed the drivers for the SATA controller, and then everything installed just fine. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-sata-drivers-to-windows-xp.23190/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I'm hoping you guys can help me out....

Today I upgraded my Dell Xps 720 from Windows XP SP3 64x to Windows 7 Ultimate 64x, everything was going fine until I realized that I had no audio. I checked device manager and there wasn't even a "sounds" tab, so, I tried to install various different drivers and none of them seem to work.

Before I switched over from XP to Win7 I did a compatibility test to see if my computer could use Windows 7. It said I wouldn't have any problems but after snooping around on the internet a bit I've found that many other dell computer owners have had similar problems with drivers on Win7.

Anyway, I was just wondering if there's anything I can do to get Win7 working. Or, should I just reinstall XP?

A:Problems installing drivers on Windows 7.

Where you should have checked before installing Win7 is the Dell website because they are the only people who have the correct drivers for Dell machines. It's no good trying "various different drivers". there is only one correct audio driver and that's the one that Dell has on it's support website.

Unfortunately they have no Win7 drivers at all for the XPS-720, but they do have Vista 64-bit drivers for it. Vista drivers will often work on Windows 7. Go here:
Drivers & Downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-installing-drivers-on-windows-7-a-587897.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello to allI installed the Windows 10 driver installation problems I encountered, and other sites including NVIDIA site, but I try my problem is not resolved, the driver was not installed on the site, please help meThanks ....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/The-inconvenience-of-installing-drivers-for-Windows-10-64/td-p/5612825
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a problem here, I installed Windows 8 2 days ago and it was ok except for my VGA Adapter. It seems uncompatible because of it being XPDM. I don't mind the MS one except for the fact that I have to use the 1280 x 1024 which squishes everything downwards on my monitor. If anyone can advice a way to force install the driver OR modify the resolution that would be great.

My VGA Specs:

Samsung S16A100N - Monitor

Intel 82865G - Onboard Graphics

A:Force Installing XPDM Drivers on Windows 8?

Have you tried to auto detect your drivers?
Intel? Driver Update Utility for graphics drivers

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16167-force-installing-xpdm-drivers-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there I have an Asus UX VD laptop in which I just replaced the hdd with a Samsung Evo SSD when installing drivers Solved: Windows CD/DVD 7? Missing Now I want to install Windows x again I downloaded the X - iso from Microsoft and made a bootable USB stick to install Windows from However when I get to the Windows installation screen I get the following message A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now Note If the Windows installation media is in the CD DVD drive you can safely remove it now I also tried burning the ISO to a Solved: Missing CD/DVD drivers when installing Windows 7? DVD and boot from that with the same result I have googled a bit and found that it may be SATA RAID Motherboard Chipset drivers I m missing I found this solution http ava co uk support faq genera er-is-missing-windows-installation-error aspx However I don t now where to find the RAID drivers suggested so I just tried downloading new chipset drivers from the Asus download page http support asus com download aspx m UX VD and put them on a USB drive plugged it in and browsed for them but I got a Solved: Missing CD/DVD drivers when installing Windows 7? message that it was not the correct drivers Any ideas nbsp

A:Solved: Missing CD/DVD drivers when installing Windows 7?

Did you try drivers for that new Samsung ssd?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-cd-dvd-drivers-when-installing-windows-7.1111296/
Relevancy 59.77%

I ve posted here before with this same problem but with a different computer I m having problems installing the right drivers in Windows XP The computer I m working with now is an older Dell Optiplex GX I m giving my nephew for Christmas It has gb memory Problems New XP Installing Drivers Windows on installation and Problems Installing Drivers on New Windows XP installation a gb HDD I have it set up for dual boot with a ntsf partition of gb for Windows XP and gb Ext for Kubuntu For graphics it has what the factory installed built in a Nvidia GeForce le I do know it is a d graphics card For audio AC Soundblaster emulation The problem I am having relates to my Windows installation using a generic XP sp installation disk The installation went fine apparently but when I searched the Problems Installing Drivers on New Windows XP installation Dell site for appropriate drivers I received the following list of drivers Chipset- r or r Video - r or r Audio - r Ethernet- r or r with a note that the driver asfen a cab was urgent Having done this before I installed the chipset driver r first However when I attempted to install a video driver the first driver r the installation program told me I didn t have the proper hardware no specifics to install it and quit When trying to install the second option r the aplication told me that files I needed were either missing or corrupted it didn t specify which files then quit The audio driver installed apparently properly When trying to install the file asfen a cab the overview of this driver said it was for servers so I bypassed it temporarily I installed the ethernet driver r and couldn t log in to the web without crashing I installed driver r with the same result At this point I m rather stumped Anyone have any ideas

A:Problems Installing Drivers on New Windows XP installation

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=us&s=dhs&cs=19&l=en

Did you try entering the service tag?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478102/problems-installing-drivers-on-new-windows-xp-installation/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I'm having a problem with catalyst drivers. I installed Win7 32-bit yesterday and everything was working fine until I installed catalyst control center, which now causes the system to stay stuck on the blue windows wallpaper without explorer or mouse cursor. I can get to safe mode and perform a system recovery, then I can boot normally. I also tried multiple versions of drivers, but it always does the same thing. Im using Radeon HD5770, Gigabyte P43T-ES3G Mobo, Intel Core2Quad 2,5 GHz (not sure about the exact model number) and 4 GB Ram. Everything worked fine before reinstalling windows and my system specs are exactly the same as they were before. Any ideas? Thanks.

A:Windows doesn't load after installing ati drivers.

It could be a dead or faulty graphics card. Is the card correctly installed and all the cables attached including any extra power cables?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/234787-windows-doesnt-load-after-installing-ati-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Dear all, I needed to install Windows 7 32bit on my HP 20 2303a in order to control a laboratory instrument which had this software controller that did not work on 64 bit systems. It is all good, except that I now cannot use some hardware elements, which need drivers: Ethernet controllerNetwork controllerPCI devicePCI Encryption/Decription ControllerSM Bus ControllerUniversal Serial Bus (USB) Controller  I must say that I tried linux (zorin 9 32 bit) and at least the wireless was recognized alright. So, I am sure it must be possible. Thank you very much, Cabrunco

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Installing Windows 7 proper drivers for HP 20 2303a

Hi: See if these drivers work... Chipset:  Install the 1st driver listed and reboot.  This would install the smbus and usb 3 controllers. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2032 Graphics:  First driver on the list.  Install and reboot. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2032 Audio:  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 1st driver on the list. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false Ethernet:   3rd driver on the list... http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false Network Controller: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_149229_1&swEnvOid=4053 PCI Device:  1st driver on the list... http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false PCI Encryption/Decription Controller:  This driver has to be manually installed as follows... Download and run this driver. http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_133833_1 Then go to the device manager and click on the PCI Encryption/Decription Controller needing the driver. Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.  Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file. That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp66974. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install. Then reboot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Installing-Windows-7-proper-drivers-for-HP-20-2303a/td-p/5416793
Relevancy 59.77%

It s a bit confusing but here goes Someone I know at work created an image of machines using the Intel E chipset Now he wants to transfer that same image onto a machine using the Intel GS chipset However and I m sure no-one will be too surprised at this the machine keeps blue-screening whenever we try to boot It s Win K corporate edition all legit etc Question is how can we install the new chipset drivers into Windows without booting it up It blue-screens before it goes anywhere but is it possible to install from DOS Possible? Installing without loading chipset drivers Windows.. or using some other kind of alternate OS like bootable CD-ROM FD etc Of course have already tried booting into safe mode tried using the recovery console on the Win K CD with no luck the latter allows him to check the drive etc but not INSTALL anything So is Installing chipset drivers without loading Windows.. Possible? this even possible Or should I just forget this and start from scratch Any and all suggestions are welcomed Nautilus nbsp

A:Installing chipset drivers without loading Windows.. Possible?

Howdy there Nautilus...

Question is, how can we install the new chipset drivers into Windows without booting it up?Click to expand...

No can do, the OS has to be loaded before you can install the chipset drivers...

However...

You can load the image on one of the pc's with the 815E chipset, and install the Standard drivers for the IDE controllers, and Standard drivers for the Chipset ( when asked to reboot don't ), then use Sysprep with the -PNP option to force the mini setup, then dump the image back up to where you are storing the images, you may have to install the drivers for the 845GS chipset...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-chipset-drivers-without-loading-windows-possible.140100/
Relevancy 59.77%

After the fresh install will boot but in the System Hardware Device Mgr Numerous yellow question marks They are Multimedia Audio Controller OtherPCI Bridge Device PCI Memory Controller SM Bus Controller I can get rid of them by installing the drivers on the drivers not Reinstalled installing will after reboot windows, CD which came w the MoBo but it says have to reboot to take effect When I do New MoBo amp CPU amp video card amp mem so reformatted HD amp did complete reinstall When I reboot a blue screen pops up before windows loads It is gone so fast I cannot read it The only way can load windows is quot Last good config quot Can t even load safe mode If I load the drivers amp do not Reinstalled windows, will not reboot after installing drivers reboot everything appears normal amp everthying works This is the Reinstalled windows, will not reboot after installing drivers only way Reinstalled windows, will not reboot after installing drivers I can access internet via Network Interface Card There is a note in FAQ s for this MoBo quot Why will the system hang or fail to boot after installed the SW IDE Driver when using a dual core CPU under Window XP quot which has updated drivers which I loaded even though not dual core The XP Home I have is pre-SP so did slipstream including SP Thanks BYTEMAN for pointing me to website w info on how to do this I ve done validation by internet amp by telephone to Microsoft amp tried reinstall several times I have seen no message indicating win is not validated or not working except the reboot not working Is there any way to find out if XP is fully validated amp should be working Anything else I can look at I m stuck ABIT AN SLI Socket GB DDR AMD Leadtek Winfast PX TC TDH PCI Express MB on board MB has quot Audiomax daughter card that plugs into a PCIe DVD ROM DVD R RW floppy XP Home - OEM nbsp

A:Reinstalled windows, will not reboot after installing drivers

If no ideas on this, does anyone know how to slow the boot process so I can see what is on the blue screen that flashes just before the win logo that kicks it out to the safe mode, last good config, etc screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalled-windows-will-not-reboot-after-installing-drivers.402722/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I'm moving my problem to this thread from another section with discussion My problem is i got problem with installing drivers on my system after installing win x boot windows ati don't after installing drivers corretly gpu ulitmate i installed ati drivers for x system i tried from windows update also from ati sites also only drivers and whole package and still the same problem-after windows don't boot corretly after installing ati gpu drivers rebooting windows dont boot corretly it hangs on the default wallpaper-no taskbar loaded icons etc-like whole explorer got problem task manager dont start-after pressing ctrl alt windows don't boot corretly after installing ati gpu drivers del comes black screen i installed windows many times ago and never had this problem before pleas give me any tips many thanks Martin nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by sygnus nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by martinesku it hangs on the default wallpaper-no taskabar loaded icons etc-like whole explorer got problem task manager dont start-after pressing ctrl alt del comes black screen Hi Martin this sounds like a Windows issue as opposed to a GPU issue After installing Windows please make sure you install the chipset drivers for the motherboard Also get your drivers from AMD's website don't use the Windows Update version since they generally lack other features a full feature set from the manufacturer may have also the manufacturer may have newer improved drivers BTW we need to know your full system specs be be of more help Thanks nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by martinesku Thank you Sygnus yes i tried this solution too i installed drivers for chipset and for hdd i dont install audio driver-because i use another sound card But i will try to install this drivers too-to eliminate this possibly solution btw my configuration is core duo E asus P B Emu m sound card Ati gb ram two HDDs P s i tried also to install net framework c redistributable direct x and some updates for win before installation ati drivers nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by sygnus I think your issue needs to have it's own thread as this one doesn't sound like a video card issue but a rather a driver or Windows issue outside the video card nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by martinesku i dont install audio driver-because i use another sound card But i will try to install this drivers too-to eliminate this possibly solution And yeah you do need to install the drivers for the soundcard which could cause problems if they aren't installed Anyway start you own thread in the general section and we'll go from there Scratch that you're in the right section you just need to create your own thread Thanks my on-board sound card is disabled that the reason why i don't install windows drivers from MB manufacturer-Asus

A:windows don't boot corretly after installing ati gpu drivers

Does it boot correctly in safe mode (F8)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194557-windows-dont-boot-corretly-after-installing-ati-gpu-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey there. Recently, my graphics card has been acting up in various ways and I need to RMA it. OF course I would prefer not to not have a usable graphics card for a week or so. So I dug up an old GTX 555 I had lying around and after a lot of fiddling could not get the graphics drivers to install properly, eventually I read on a forum that it is best to install and remove drivers while in safe mode, which I happily tried. But when I booted into the safe mode, the screen was simply blank, untill I moved my mouse which showed four words in each corner of the screen that read "safemode' And now I am here, typing this off my slow smartphone for the third time . Got any ideas?

A:(Windows 8.1) Stuck In Safemode after installing drivers

Use the video from your CPU if it is supported. So plug the monitor's display into the motherboard.

Then use DDU to remove the drivers:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 14.0.0.0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-stuck-in-safemode-after-installing-drivers-965361.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having an issue with a new build I am running Windows Pro on an SSD Crucial M Windows installation runs fine with no visible problems as does installation of the motherboard drivers Asus M A R The CPU is drivers Windows after installing boot Nvidia won't GPU an AMD FX- After installation of drivers for my graphics card Gigabyte Geforce GTX OC Windforce Edition windows will not boot It gets to the logo but will not start giving options for startup repair or start Windows won't boot after installing Nvidia GPU drivers normally Starting normally will make the screen go black although the pc remains running While on this black screen all computer parts seem to be running case fans cpu fan power supply fan and graphics card fans But the mouse and keyboard connected via USB are not on If I attempt to run startup repair it is unable to repair the computer automatically and suggests a restore pre GPU driver install The startup repair error I get is the following Problem signature Problem event name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature AutoFailover Problem signature Problem signature BadDriver OS Version Locale ID I can restore to before installing the drivers and have done so - times but anyway I try to install drivers for my graphics card this same issue is occurring I have attempted to let windows update install them installing them directly from the disc that came with my GPU and also downloading and directly installing them from the Nvidia website all netted the same results Note that it is a different version of the drivers so I don't believe it's a case of a particular version being bad Also note that if I run the driver update through Windows update the text in quot Problem signature quot changes to quot BadPatch quot I have attempted several clean installs of Windows just to see if there was an error during installation but no luck there either I have also triple checked every connection and everything seems to be in the right place and snug Also have reset the cmos just to be sure that had nothing to do with it Another side note I do not have onboard video on my motherboard Any help on this is greatly appreciated thank you

A:Windows won't boot after installing Nvidia GPU drivers

Restore to a time before the drivers were present.
Update the drivers manually but font update them to the highest version.
Can you remember what drivers you had when it was all working fine?
Rollback?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/326993-windows-wont-boot-after-installing-nvidia-gpu-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello there,

I have purchased a new PC, which I have built from scratch. Installing the Windows 7 OS went fine until install the 10.5 Catalist drivers for my XFXForce HD-5830 graphics card. Installing is fine, but after the required reboot, the system is starting Windows 7 and after 20 seconds the keyboard and mouse are freezed and I cannot do anything anymore with the system than hitting the reset button.

I have installed all the updates for the OS; also tried a lower version of the Catalist software, the effect remains the same.

System spec's :

Motherboard : Asus Rampage II
CPU : Core 7
Memory : 6 GB
4x Maxtor 320 GB
2x SSD Intel 80 GB
GPU : XFXForce HD-5830
Keyboard : Logitec DiNovo Wireless
Mouse : Logitec DiNovo Wireless

Any recommendations where I can look for ?

Regards and thanks in advance,

Coralfreak

A:Windows 7 freezes when installing HD-5830 drivers

Are you using Everest ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/90138-windows-7-freezes-when-installing-hd-5830-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I am wondering if you get viruses from device drivers installing from a USB (from the automatic installation if an unknown USB device has been plugged in) in Windows.

A:Can you get viruses from device drivers installing from a USB (Windows)?

Hello Mutantspidermonkeys -
Are you downloading from a "crack / scam" site, or the Genuine makers site ?
Was the USB Flash Drive "cleaned" first ? Do you know how to clean a Flash Drive ?

The rest of the question should be answered by reading the above (I believe).

A clean USB Drive and Genuine downloads present no problems .......

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517993/can-you-get-viruses-from-device-drivers-installing-from-a-usb-windows/
Relevancy 59.77%

so i have a problem where my wifi will disconnect when awaking from sleep mode (have to run wifi trouble shooting mode to fix,about 2min process,but annoying every time i open lid of my laptop from sleep)

problem is,the driver installed is a microsoft driver
i have the factory driver from Antheros,but when try to install it says best driver is already installed
how can i force install, or like when i uninstall the wireless adapter from system device manager,when i hit re-install,for windows NOT to install a driver from its own database,and to just leave it blank(with the yellow exclamation point in device manager). that way, since no driver is installed, i could install the factory antheros without it saying theres the best driver for it installed already(since no driver would be installed at that point)

A:how to prevent windows from installing microsoft drivers???

Are you actually installing the driver as an exe or are you just updating through the device manager. Do you have an exe file that you can install.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/4564-how-prevent-windows-installing-microsoft-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all I am trying to install Windows found drivers 7 Windows No were device while installing on the following desktop PC Intel Core i Processor i - MB DDR GB G Hard Drive No device drivers were found while installing Windows 7 ATI Radeon HD Graphics Supermulti Drive with LightScribe Technology First I will start by saying that when I turn on my PC I receive this message on a black screen quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert No device drivers were found while installing Windows 7 Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a No device drivers were found while installing Windows 7 key quot When I press a key nothing changes i e still stuck on the same screen So I decided to install Windows When I tried installing Windows it would begin the installation process I clicked quot Install Now quot then when given the options between quot Upgrade quot or 'Custom Advanced ' I selected the Custom Advanced When asked 'Where you would like to install Windows ' see screenshot jpg there was nothing shown in the box i e there is no hard drive or partition for me to select where I can install Windows So just to try I clicked quot Load Driver quot It prompted me to install a device driver I clicked Browse and browsed through the existing drives see Screenshot jpg Next it showed me that 'No device drivers were found quot see Screenshot jpg I tried to google on how to find the drivers to install but to no avail Any ideas on how I should proceed from here i e How to install the device drivers needed to continue the installation process etc Thanks

A:No device drivers were found while installing Windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by pommesorbet

Hello all, I am trying to install Windows 7 on the following desktop PC:

Intel Core i3 Processor i3-530
2048MB DDR3
500GB 3G Hard Drive
ATI Radeon HD 4350 Graphics
Supermulti Drive with LightScribe Technology

First, I will start by saying that when I turn on my PC, I receive this message on a black screen "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". When I press a key, nothing changes, i.e. still stuck on the same screen.

So, I decided to install Windows 7.

When I tried installing Windows 7, it would begin the installation process... I clicked "Install Now", then when given the options between "Upgrade" or 'Custom (Advanced)', I selected the Custom Advanced.

When asked 'Where you would like to install Windows?' (see screenshot #1.jpg), there was nothing shown in the box, i.e. there is no hard drive or partition for me to select where I can install Windows. So just to try, I clicked "Load Driver".

It prompted me to install a device driver. I clicked Browse and browsed through the existing drives. (see Screenshot #2.jpg)

Next, it showed me that 'No device drivers were found..." (see Screenshot #3.jpg)

I tried to google on how to find the drivers to install but to no avail.

Any ideas on how I should proceed from here? i.e. How to install the device drivers needed to continue the installation process etc.

Thanks!

Are you trying to install it with USB or a DVD ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/208514-no-device-drivers-were-found-while-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

How do manufactures install the drivers before the Windows 7 Start up and before you create your account and everything? Because I fix computer for people and when I usually reinstall Windows for them, I have to set up the account to install the needed drivers for their computer. How could I install the before the account creation so that they can set up their own account by themselves?

A:Installing drivers before clean OEM Windows 7 Start Up?

Have a look at this tutorial especially from phase 2 on.

Windows 7 Installation - Prepare PC to be Sold

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302984-installing-drivers-before-clean-oem-windows-7-start-up.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Okay, here's the problem. When i plug in a new usb device, windows is supposed to look for updates to install the device right ? well in my case, it doesn't and i'm not able to access the pendrive. On the other hand, if i try toplug in an old and previously used pen drive, it works perfectly. Need some help/solution please.

A:New USB device not installing drivers from windows updates

If the unit is "plug and play", Windows should install it, either from drivers it has or from drivers it will find on line (assuming you are on line when you plug it in).

The first issue, however, is Windows even detecting it? Do you get anything in the notice area about installing? If it's being detected but not installing, with the device connected, go to the Device Manager and display the USB and there will probably be an Unknown Device entry listed which is probably the pendrive. RIGHT click on that entry and then LEFT click "Uninstall". Then unplug the pendrive, restart the PC and after Windows completes its startup, plug the drive in and see if it will now install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/225862-new-usb-device-not-installing-drivers-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have downloaded my driver files and burned them to a cd. Now, is there any particular order I need to install them?

A:Installing Drivers after clean install of Windows 7

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. You should first run Windows Updates as that should Install most of your Drivers .. Then any that are missing can be got from the Dell Website .. As for order this is what Dell recommends ..

Dell - Windows driver install order for desktops and laptops

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339233-installing-drivers-after-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I would like to know if there is a way to install drivers into a Windows installation which is unable to boot to desktop while in safe mode I am working on a laptop for a co-worker an installation? non-functioning in Installing 7 drivers Windows HP G - NR which ran Vista which suffered a hard drive failure I have the hard drive from his other laptop an ASUS U F which was the victim of a power surge which has the Windows installation in question Of course the drivers to run the two systems are completely different and normally when I'm in Installing drivers in non-functioning Windows 7 installation? this situation with desktops I'll just install the new drivers in safe mode but when I Installing drivers in non-functioning Windows 7 installation? log in in safe mode I get a BSOD I expect this is more of the same inadequate driver support and as above I was wondering if there might be another way for me to install the drivers I'll try to get the Installing drivers in non-functioning Windows 7 installation? crash information later though have to go to work ATM just hoping to get a new angle to go at this for when I get back thx

A:Installing drivers in non-functioning Windows 7 installation?

What was it connected to when it received this 'power surge' and what type of a sure? Lightning strike?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/330240-installing-drivers-non-functioning-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there new to these forums as I have run into Display after not 7 installing reformat of drivers Windows a recent problem with my display drivers To start I am running Dell XPS L X Laptop Windows Home Premium bit Intel R Core TM i - QM GB RAM Intel HD Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT M Currently on I recently reformatted Windows and now when I try to update either my Intel or Nvidia card they both fail The Intel update Display drivers not installing after reformat of Windows 7 will most often say that my computer is not compatible or that it simply fails On the nvidia update I get the classic quot Nvidia Installer failed quot after trying both Express Custom and clean installs In my first attempt at this I uninstalled my drivers and then tried installing even in safe mode and I could never get it to work I did another install of windows in another attempt to restart the process but still no solution worked I have browsed forums for about a day or two now and still have not found a viable option The games I play do not open and usually crash after their first loading screen however after I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers I was able to open the games at a low performance on the intel card which leads me to think this Nvidia bug is the problem It is probably important to note that this was the first time I had reformatted since the laptop was purchased about a year ago and that I also did it in a different format that I wasn't even really sure about doing Rather than using the Windows install disc that came with the laptop it is of course misplaced I used the Windows Restore to go back to factory settings I'm not sure if this may have played a role but I am all out of ideas I appreciate any suggestions and I thank you in advance

A:Display drivers not installing after reformat of Windows 7

If you used the factory restore option that is built into the laptop, it should have installed the OS and the original drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/250784-display-drivers-not-installing-after-reformat-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,

Is it a good idea to Install vista 64 bit motherboard drivers in windows seven?

I have asus p5w dh deluxe motherboard.

Windows Seven is running ok, but the harddisk score is a good deal less when compared to vista.

So, is this a good idea or better leave it alone at the moment?

thx

A:Installing vista 64 bit motherboard drivers in windows seven?

Hi Boris, well the HDD score shows a really low score because of Write Caching being enabled on the drive. If you disable write caching and re run your wei, it will show a normal score. It has some problem recognizing it in 7. But it's usually better to have it enabled, as it gives better performance with the drive.

Windows 7 harddisk index score

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/5074-installing-vista-64-bit-motherboard-drivers-windows-seven.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys im new to these forums so i dont know if im posting this in the right section but anyways i want to do a clean install of my windows home premium bit i have a dell inspiron laptop not sure what model number but i think its a N or something like that anyways i just got it like a couple of months ago of this year So my question is could i install the drivers from windows update i do have the driver disc that came with it but its very confusing and not very straightforward i had to select each and every clean windows of after 7 installing drivers install drive but i dont know which one is the right one i wish it was how it was with mac bootcamp how you just pop in you mac installation disc and click next and begin to install by the way i did this twice now and it feels like my computer is slower installing drivers after clean install of windows 7 than when i first got it and it could be the dell drivers So is there anyway to do this i know you have to have internet for windows update to work but is there anyway other to do this Also i know that some computers already have the drivers install when you reformat and do a clean install im pretty sure im doing the install correctly i always go to custom advanced and reformat unless that not correct then please correct me if im wrong

A:installing drivers after clean install of windows 7

Hi,

To have Windows install important updates as they become available, turn on automatic updating. Click on the URL mentioned for reference: </SPAN>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-automatic-updating-on-or-off

I would suggest you to install the drivers from the driver disc or you can even go to the URL mentioned for driver’s installation: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection

For windows 7 installation, you can refer to the URL which will guide you with the snapshots:
http://www.door2windows.com/how-to-install-windows-7/

Back up your files before you begin reinstalling Windows 7 if possible, even if you're reinstalling Windows 7 on a hard disk partition, and you have personal files on a separate partition. For example, if you have encrypted files, you might not be able to access them after reinstalling Windows. A custom installation replaces the current version of Windows 7and all personal files.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/255987-installing-drivers-after-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hello,

The person that built my computer streamlined the installation of Windows XP using nlite, as he thought i would only be using it for music software. Through doing this, he deleted the drivers that are needed to extract images from my digital camera ( which is compatible with xp ), and also the drivers that are needed to configure my wireless connection ( Wlan.. etc).

I now have the windows xp installation disk but do not know how to just specifically install the drivers and components that I need, as I do not particularly want to install Windows from scratch.

can anybody Help me please?

ern-est

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-deleted-drivers-from-windows-xp-disk.676833/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello i was wondering how can you be sure you have installed all the Drivers when you reinstall a Fresh copy of windows like for my Motherboard i noticed i need 1 driver so that my PC would stop getting a BSOD every Time i ran a full Screen game (it was like a ATK0001 Driver or something liek that for my ASUS M4N78 PRO mother board)

thanks in advanced

A:Installing Drivers after Fresh Windows Install

Your MOBO came with a Driver CD, start the CD & install all need drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/209098-installing-drivers-after-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just wiped my drive and was planning to do a fresh install of windows 7 32bit or 64bit(i dont care which). I attempted 64 bit first. About halfway through the install process my screen shuts off and the fan on my graphics card starts spinning super loud. Nothing happens until I turn off the computer. If I restart the computer as soon as it begins loading windows to complete the install my screen goes dark and the gpu fan spins loud again.

My gpu is a PNY geforce 9600 GSO 768mb overclock.

I know its the graphics card due to many many tests. Is there a way to install windows but either not let it use the default drivers or give it old ones to use?(Im fairly sure theres some old ones that work)

Help in any way is appreciated.

A:Stop gpu drivers from installing during windows install

Hi.
If you go to "Devices and Printers", and right click your PC icon, then click on "Device installation settings", it will give you the option to stop Windows automatically installing drivers, which you can then revert back once you've managed to update the graphics drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/62977-stop-gpu-drivers-installing-during-windows-install.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello,

I just get a BSOD most of the time at start up windows 8.
This start happening after installing new drivers with the software DriverNagivator

Please someone help!

Thanks

A:BSOD at windows start up, after installing new drivers

Hi Richardmx82 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Really sorry for the delay. Sadly, there are not many analysts
Do you still need help with this problem? If yes, then kindly reply to this thread and I will be notified via email and reply within 48 hours.

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65837-bsod-windows-start-up-after-installing-new-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

How do I stop Windows from auto-detecting hardware and then installing drivers for it? I'm trying to upgrade my sound card and video drivers. I uninstall the current "windows default" drivers, reboot, and before I can even start the installation process for the drivers I've downloaded, Windows detects the hardware and installs the default drivers on its own.

A:How Do I Stop Windows Auto-Installing Drivers?

Quote: Originally Posted by Mulsiphix

How do I stop Windows from auto-detecting hardware and then installing drivers for it? I'm trying to upgrade my sound card and video drivers. I uninstall the current "windows default" drivers, reboot, and before I can even start the installation process for the drivers I've downloaded, Windows detects the hardware and installs the default drivers on its own.

open devices & printers from start menu
Right click the PC icon\
choose device installation settings
Check: No, let me choose what to do
Check: Never instal driver software from windows update

then
Open device manager
find your sound card
Uninstall the driver and check the box "Delete the driver" for this device
Press OK
reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/50722-how-do-i-stop-windows-auto-installing-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

As it says above trying to install 7 on my HP pavilion 17-e049wm witch has windows h8.

I cant stand windows 8 it is way past saving for me. Plus I don't have a touch screen so there is really no need to have windows 8 anyway.

I will save you from the large rant about all the things I cant stand but if anyone would like some entertainment you may ask for the full rant and rage pakage.

Any way do I need to worry about drivers for this machine? I went to hp's website looking for drivers for 7 but they only have it for 8 and 8.1.

If I needed to download drivers what would it be for and were do I get it.

Thanks

Edit: as much as I don't like windows update could it get me the drivers?

Thanks again

A:Installing 7 on a windows 8 laptop. Do i need to worry about drivers?

well i did some looking around and this seems to be a lot deeper than I first realized. Windows 8 uses the new UEFI bios.

That means it wont be as easy as format the hard drive install windows 7. I dont think 7 will work with uefi alone. I have to figure out how to make the bios turn on legacy mode somehow. I don't know all the technical terms that they use as i only stated learning about this new UEFI bios today.

Basically i need new bios to talk to old windows 7.

I may need to go to 8 forums as they might be able to walk me through UEFI. I have created a windows 8 recovery disk so if i screw it up good i should be able to get back were i was. Supposedly.

Wish me luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314099-installing-7-windows-8-laptop-do-i-need-worry-about-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I installed my new graphicscard yesterday (XFX GeForce GTS 250) and when Windows 7 booted, it automatically started downloading drivers -without my approval- (probably my own fault for not having UAC on) before I even had time to mount the driver CD.

It turns out those drivers were most likely wrong, I still don't have OpenGL support and there is no settings program for the card. So... I have no idea of where to find my drivers and delete them so I can install the one from my CD. I've tried, I found my old drivers but I can't find the ones Windows installed. I can't even run the Setup.exe in the CD, it just loads and nothing happens. Yes, I have tried RAA. UAC is always down to zero.

Where can I find the drivers Windows 7 Home Premium Edition installed?

A:Windows automatically installing wrong drivers

Goddamnit, wow. Found it 1 minute after making this thread.

Lock this will'ya?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/52690-windows-automatically-installing-wrong-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So I just recently got a Latitude E7440. Its my work laptop so I'm logged in as a standard user but I have an admin user that I can use to install software and such. I was in the process of installing some camera software when my user switched from the standard user to the admin user. It didn't log off or anything I still had all of my open webpages and documents. Its not an everyday occurrence but I was wondering if this was something that could be disabled so that it doesn't happen again.

A:[Bug] Switched User without leaving Desktop

Quote: Originally Posted by Slumlorde

So I just recently got a Latitude E7440. Its my work laptop so I'm logged in as a standard user but I have an admin user that I can use to install software and such. I was in the process of installing some camera software when my user switched from the standard user to the admin user. It didn't log off or anything I still had all of my open webpages and documents. Its not an everyday occurrence but I was wondering if this was something that could be disabled so that it doesn't happen again.

Your statement seems contradictory; you have an admin account for installing software and while installing some camera software (which should require an admin account) the user switched from a standard to admin. Just trying to get some clarification.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359895-bug-switched-user-without-leaving-desktop.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Yesterday my computer automatically downloaded some updates for windows. As I was turning off my computer it started installing them before finally shutting down. When I turned on my computer this morning I tried to log in on my usual user account but after I entered the password a window popped up saying it could not load the user environment, something about it being due to my settings or possibly corruption. I didn't download anything other than those updates and I keep my firefox browser sandboxed at all times so I have no idea what could possibly have gone wrong. Can anybody help me?

A:After installing automatic updates Windows can't load user environment

hit ctrl+alt+del at the welcome screen and another window will load up. login using the administrator account and see if you can create another user and see if that user works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323791/after-installing-automatic-updates-windows-cant-load-user-environment/