Windows Support Forum

My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value.

Q: My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value.

Hello everyone As the title says I am getting a high interrupt value on my laptop Using Process Explorer it is indicated at usually somewhere between and cpu It started at the end of last summer which was particularly hot and might have caused it to overheat although I am not sure that this is the cause I have already carefully opened it up to high hardware interrupt My k53sj value. a and Asus DPCs gets inspect the fan and other parts for dust which was not there At the moment it is causing the fan to make a lot of sound constantly which is annoying as well as not performing as well as I would like it to Also what I've tried so far is to see if My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value. it depended on any recently installed My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value. drivers so first I tried to just roll it back to an earlier point which did not help At that point I decided to wipe it clean My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value. entirely and reinstall windows which only process explorer installed which didn't help either I have also tried updating all my drivers I am not really very knowledgeable when it comes to diagnostics so any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My Asus k53sj gets a high hardware interrupt and DPCs value.

The problem was solved after I updated the BIOS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517688/my-asus-k53sj-gets-a-high-hardware-interrupt-and-dpcs-value/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey everyone I am helping out my father in law with his computer so here goes On startup of his XP SP old desktop computer his computer is extremely slow for over minutes So I check what is running and I notice that Hardware interrupts and DPCs are hogging almost all of the CPU's resources like - So I run RATT to check exactly what is causing the problem On it it shows that usbport sys has approx millions ISR's and k of DPC So I unabled the three usb devices that use usbport sys in device manager and after a reboot the problem has disappeared When running DPC Latency checker the difference between having usbport sys enabled and usbport.sys high - Very DPCs disabled is night and day so I know for a fact the problem lies with the driver So I download a new one and replace the old one with it - no luck I'm kind of Very high DPCs - usbport.sys stuck at this point and I'm wondering what else I could do Could it be a hardware issue There has been a problem with his Power Supply and he has been running it knowing it was failing for probably around a year and I know that could damage computer components I have put a new one in last week though Thanks for reading this and any help given

A:Very high DPCs - usbport.sys

Bump. 58 views... but no suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503152/very-high-dpcs-usbportsys/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello guys,

whenever i try to download (anything), i see, thru Process Explorer, that DPCs is consuming most of my cpu: 65 %
CPU is at 99%.

can you please tell me what i can try to do in order to fix this problem?

ps: my OS is XP pro sp3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dpcs-high-cpu-when-downloading-anything.772536/
Relevancy 73.53%

On my computer, I have process explorer automatically run on startup, and it shows a graph of CPU usuage in the system notification area. Sometimes it shows a lot of CPU usuage being used, and so I open up the program to see what process is taking up so much CPU. But process explorer shows that DPCs are what is taking it up, and it is almost always over 60%. I looked up DPCs and it stands for Deferred Procedure calls, which has to do with hardware I believe, but I don't have any external hardware devices attached when the DPCs take up alot of CPU. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me solve this problem. Thanks.

Relevancy 73.53%

I have high DPCs when the POWER service is running. If I turn it off, the DPCs go back to normal.
Why? What is this trying to run that is causing this?
OK, U can't tell. How can I troubleshoot this now that I know the culprit???????????

Then again, someone must have found and fixed this already.

W7 ult x64

A:high DPCs with Power service running

FYI - I figured it out.

If I shut off the POWER service high DPCs are eliminated. However, not having it on is not an option.
I need it otherwise it won't go to sleep - so what causes the high DPCs.

APPARENTLY, when it is active it is constantly checking status - that seems to be THE thing that slows any windows system down.
SO, I went back and set the power option to HIGH PERFORMANCE - from BALANCED -- 20 min later I have had NO high DPCs.

the end.................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400801/high-dpcs-with-power-service-running/
Relevancy 73.53%

I suspect that my PC is infected with Vundo Ran FixVundo Symantec Trojan Vundo Removal Tool in safemode but was not detected Seeing gebyy dll and pmnnnkk dll in Hijackthis but unable to fix log attached Is there another removal tool for this variant of Vundo or is it something else all together Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D PROGRAM FILES PROCESS EXPLORER PROCEXP EXE D WINDOWS System svchost exe D -->High (40%+) DPCs Usage and System (40%+) Vundo?!? Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Documents and Settings Buzz Desktop HiJackThis v exe O - BHO no name - B D -BF - D-AABF- D E F - D WINDOWS system pmnnnkk dll O - BHO no name - CF B - A D- - E F-D E C AEDA - D WINDOWS system gebyy dll O - HKLM Run PinnacleDriverCheck D WINDOWS Vundo?!? -->High DPCs (40%+) and System Usage (40%+) system PSDrvCheck exe -CheckReg O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - DPF B F A-E D - DB- -E D F-Secure Online Scanner - http support f-secure com ols fscax cab Vundo?!? -->High DPCs (40%+) and System Usage (40%+) O - Winlogon Notify pmnnnkk - D WINDOWS SYSTEM pmnnnkk dll -- End of file - bytes nbsp

A:Vundo?!? -->High DPCs (40%+) and System Usage (40%+)

I ran VundoFix V6.5.10 and it detected/fixed everything except gebyy.dll. DPC and system usage is still 40%+ each. Also see VRT3.tmp running via process explorer. Stings are attached.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 12:56:27 AM, on 10/19/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
D:\PROGRAM FILES\PROCESS EXPLORER\PROCEXP.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\TEMP\VRT3.tmp
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Buzz\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

!This program cannot be run in DOS mode.
Rich
UPX0
UPX1
UPX2
UPX!
|cMU>$
/~grander
SPhyZe
QQW0
goQ!
SVj2J
wBh
QtL
}_seh*Vf
xet
scru?
[Ehtmt
phpt
asp
BODYu
kQk
!LBK
PVB
VR*.TMP~
Hj\r
@DHL
PTX
#Software\Micros
\Win
dows\Cur
ntVersion\Explo
r\Shell Fold
Dummy
Fbsgjn
Zvpebf
\Jvaqbjf\P.
agI:fvbaFhaBapr
http
JVA
RG.QYY
aHeyN
ErnqSvyr
PycrUn`
adMTO_wr-1-21
RBvBm1066
B:vFLFGRZ
yFr
eirww
qNp
f\Coms
yyC
-o/vplg
qC?s
\Nhgubevm:cc!ng
75Yvfg
*:Hao
bledsF32.d
ame src="!
lpa.m
/?i=1" width
Eig)
styW5b
SOFTW
TfYp
etH,t
uggc
/|ycn.
.cuc?k=%q&s
FindClo
rst
leA
Nex
Get4D
$ectory
DriveTyp$
}Modu04Nam
Proc
Add6ss
SyeemTi
pPath
6Exi73L
~Libratbp
epLWre'lz
vrcbA
pyley7k
nDe
Crea
g1Key
Value
pWN#no
Op}EnumA
wsp
PEL
B`.rd
GIu
GPG
PTj
XPTPSW
KERNEL32.DLL
ADVAPI32.dll
MPR.dll
SHLWAPI.dll
USER32.dll
WSOCK32.dll
LoadLibraryA
GetProcAddress
VirtualProtect
ExitProcess
RegCloseKey
WNetOpenEnumA
SHGetValueA
wsprintfA
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06B8C473-BD6B-44E6-84CD-C4BB3C9E889B} - D:\WINDOWS\system32\gebyy.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] D:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O16 - DPF: {0B79F48A-E8D6-11DB-9283-E25056D89593} (F-Secure Online Scanner 3.1) - http://support.f-secure.com/ols/fscax.cab

--
End of file - 1092 bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vundo-high-dpcs-40-and-system-usage-40.640362/
Relevancy 64.93%

I'll give the short version since the long version confuses people.
(This is my original thread High CPU Usage "Interrupts" - CPUs - CPU-Components )

I recently built an i5 IB system involving a Z77 AsRock Extreme4, 3570K Samsung 830, 560Ti and my old RAM.

Well when I first set it up I didn't notice anything with the processor but that night I started noticing one core is at 70% constantly, and I've narrowed it down to 'atapi.sys' file. Which is the HDD Driver, which I have NO IDEA how to update. As you can see in the other thread I've followed basically every lead I've had but I'm just stumped at this point. Maybe it's the Windows disc I'm using? Or -maybe- the Primary IDE Controller thing will work. I'm kinda hoping someone has had this issue before and knows what causes it.

A:High CPU Interrupt.

Welcome to TSF :)

The first thing that springs to mind after reading the other thread is that it could be the Intel RST drivers running interference here, you only need the standard Intel drivers from what I understand of your system, is there a way to change the options of the RST? Or an alternative Intel driver?

Please go through the collection procedure carefully and upload the needed data and full hardware/OS details, we may be able to glean more details: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/high-cpu-interrupt-665284.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Task manager shows system interrupts running at 20-30% consistently which I suspect is the cause of poor performance generally with overall cpu frequently solidly on 100%. Have re-installed windows (now anniversary edition), run HP support assistant which recommended adding chipset, bluetooth and another driver and I have added them. Have tried disabling devices in device manager but can't find the device causing the problem, no problem devices showing. Everything runs fine, just slowly. Obviously I am aware that this laptop has a Celeron processor and not much memory so it is not going to break speed records but subjectively it is slower than a dual core Atom box I have. Hoping someone has an idea how to fix this. Thanks in advance, George

A:High interrupt levels

The combination of the Celeron processor and only 2 gigs of RAM is just not going to perform well enough to run Windows 10 with any kind of satisfaction. All you can do is go into task manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and startup and disable as much as you can. Go into advanced system setttings...visual effects...set for best performance. Then on the advanced tab set the paging file to a static size...with 2 gigs RAM set it for 2048 megs uncheck "automatically manage" and then set both the initial and maximum to 2048 megs and reboot....you could also experiment with a 4096 size and see if it is any better. What this will do is 2 things. Turns off all the eye candy in Windows 10 which takes processor cycles. The theme of the OS will now look like Windows 2000, very plain Jane. Also it will stop the resizing of virtual memory, which itself takes some of the processing power of which you have none to spare. Try these things and post back. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/High-interrupt-levels/td-p/5831754
Relevancy 63.64%

Gigabyte GA-MA GPMT-UD H AMD Phenom II X Win Pro Sp I'm having two weird problems that may be related or maybe not Some background I built this machine five years ago and recently decided to upgrade to an SSD and to clean things up by reloading Windows getting all current AMD what? now interrupt/DPC; found, culprit High drivers and loading only the apps I care about The install went well but as I began using it I noticed that about once an hour the active window would freeze with the message quot not responding quot on the title bar Windows was High interrupt/DPC; culprit found, now what? still alive as I could bring focus to other windows although sometimes a second window would freeze as well My only recourse was to wait sometimes seconds and then operation would return to normal Process Explorer reported that one of my CPU cores was constantly spending or more of its time handling interrupts and DPCs Interestingly whenever a window was frozen this process would drop to nearly zero I ran Windows Performance Analyzer and saw that one CPU core was spending over of its time on interrupts except for exactly once per second when CPU DPC usage would spike way up for a few dozen microseconds coincidental with CPU interrupt usage dropping to zero Getting a summary table at the point of the DPC spike showed that almost all of it was due to Usbport sys Getting a summary table from when the interrupt usage was high away from the previously described spike showed that almost all of the interrupt usage was split evenly between storport sys and wdf sys I updated my usb drivers in accordance with Microsoft security bulletin MS - DriverView reports version for storport sys version for wdf sys and version for usbport sys As a test I booted into Safe Mode and the problem persisted even without manually starting any programs At this point I have no idea what to do or try next Any advice would be very appreciated

A:High interrupt/DPC; culprit found, now what?

have you done a brief look thru of the processes that are running as well as the programs that are running when that happens to see what possibly is causing it to spike? If not i would do the simple thing of checking those 2 things first and report back to what u find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/362732-high-interrupt-dpc-culprit-found-now-what.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I recently upgraded my Samsung series 7 chronos to an ADATA SX900 SSD. Ever since i have a problem with "System" and "System Interrupts". While doing just about nothing they are causing the CPU to constantly be at 20%.
I did do a clean install of windows 8. (pulled out the old HDD and just put in the new one. Installed windows 8 from then on)
I tried installing all the windows updates. Another thread similar to this suggested it was an audio driver problem, but it didn't help. Tried that too but it didn't do anything.
I was so excited to get my SSD, now i have this problem.
Any help you be appreciated.
I did run Windows Performance Tool, and it didnt seem to help. As well as LatencyMon.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35410-windows-8-system-interrupt-high-cpu.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU AMD FX- deg C Vishera nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd taskbar, Startup DPC usage, High Interrupt in GA- LMT-USB Socket M amp deg C Graphics W LCD TV a class cf email href cdn-cgi l email-protection data-cfemail f e d f e f f f c f email protected a script data-cfhash 'f e ' type text javascript CDATA function t e r n High DPC usage, Startup Interrupt in taskbar, c a p try t document currentScript function for t document getElementsByTagName 'script' e t length e-- High DPC usage, Startup Interrupt in taskbar, if t e getAttribute 'data-cfhash' return t e if t c t previousSibling p t parentNode if a c getAttribute 'data-cfemail' for e '' r ' x' a substr n a length-n n e ' ' ' ' ' x' a substr n r toString slice - p replaceChild document createTextNode decodeURIComponent e c p removeChild t catch u script MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Sapphire PCPartner amp deg C Storage GB TOSHIBA DT ACA ATA Device SATA amp deg C Optical Drives High DPC usage, Startup Interrupt in taskbar, TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- DB ATA Device ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device click here spent days trying to fix this Please help Causes seemingly random resets LatencyMon reports see image that the main culprits are RspLLL sys and USBPORT sys I've

A:High DPC usage, Startup Interrupt in taskbar,

*DPC Latency. Excessively high CPU usage.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/high-dpc-usage-startup-interrupt-taskbar-4604769/
Relevancy 62.78%

After plugging a camcorder into a USB port (and successfully downloading from it) I have a continuous loop of 'New Hardware Found' alerts, even after power off and reboot. Presumably a flaky connection has stacked a huge number of interrupts - far more than I can clear by clicking on the alert each time it appears. Does anyone know a way to clear the stack?

A:How do I clear New Hardware interrupt stack?

Device manager refreshing every 3 seconds. Went to Portable Device>MTP Device and selected Uninstall Driver. That's got rid of the interrupts, but it's bedtime. Tomorrow, I'll plug in the camcorder again and see if reinstalling the MTP driver works (i.e. that XP hasn't "helpfully" ssve and reinstated the stacked interrupts...)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-clear-new-hardware-interrupt-stack.700207/
Relevancy 62.35%

ive been getting about CPU usage from DPC ISR service Deferred Procedure Calls System Interrupts when copying files from the HDD to external devices and vice versa and usage transfer High DPC/Interrupt when file/download when I download files to computer the downloading part of it gets worse if I install a firewall like Outpost it went up to when downloading at Mbps on my wifi with Outpost on - ive since uninstalled it - so originally I though it was my wifi card but it does this with it disabled when i transfer files out to HDD when I transfer files internally it doesnt happen - I ran the Windows SDK Performance Monitor which showed High DPC/Interrupt usage when transfer file/download it to be the NDIS SYS that caused most of the problem ive searched and asked for help on other forums but had no luck one person told me its a bug in windows and everyone gets it like I say it happens when downloading the faster the more it does it and it does it more on Wifi than LAN and it happens when I copy files in out of laptop's HDD - ive been told this 'hidden' process using even is abnormal the process is hidden in Task manager and does not show so dont use that to check even if this background service uses cpu taskman will still show as idle it runs behind idle as its not expected to use more than cpu so im told - only in resource monitor or process explorer can you see it see my screenshot below for example can anyone help me with this please Win - bit Dual-Core AMD Gb Acer Aspire laptop

A:High DPC/Interrupt usage when transfer file/download

Hi -

What is transfer of files like in SAFEMODE?

____

Just to list here the tools used -

Windows SDK Performance Monitor --> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/perf.../cc752957.aspx

Example of use --> http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1402...dpc-interrupt/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/high-dpc-interrupt-usage-when-transfer-file-download-472704.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi -
As it probably says on the little box in the corner I'm pretty much of a beginner. I can follow instructions, though. As I was looking to resolve a problem which I posted some time yesterday (if I get no responses I'll post it tomorrow again - or point new people to it) I may have stumbled across a bigger problem. I was reading about Process Explorer and gave it a try. Sure enough, the 2nd entry that it came up with was Hardware Interrupt. I have no other information except that it was on the second line under System Idle Process. It showed nothing else under any columns. I know I need to get rid of it. Can someone help? Please keep in mind that you have to give me relatively simple direction. Computer isn't even my second language.
Thanks,
Dawn

A:Process Exploerer found a Hardware Interrupt

Why do you consider this a problem? That is a normal entry there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/process-exploerer-found-a-hardware-interrupt.551780/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Recently I have noticed higher than normal CPU usage from my laptop which I Service Deferred and Interrupt CPU Routines Procedure Calls High know will reduce battery life cause higher temperatures and slow the computers performance The task manager did not tell me too much so I Deferred Procedure Calls and Interrupt Service Routines High CPU decided to have a look in the Resource Manager Sure enough under the CPU tab of the Resource Manager there is a process called System Interrupts that has a description of quot Deferred Procedure Calls and Interrupt Service Routines quot with a average CPU usage of about I did notice that when I first turn my laptop on and boot in to Windows that this process uses about - CPU usage and my temperatures stay at about - degrees Celsius Usually after some time of using the laptop I notice this temprature rises to about - degrees Celsius and when I check the process it is using around CPU usage usually to resolve this I restart my laptop and everything goes back to normal and the process is back down to - CPU usage I done a little research online and found that clean boot of Windows may solve the problem I did this then re-installed all the required drivers from my system manufacturer installed Avast Antivirus Pro then done a Windows Update Surely soon after I notice the same problem again it may happen the same day I boot up the laptop or it may happen in a day or so there is no set time when this happens and haven't noticed anything that I am doing that could trigger off this problem Kind Regards Benjamin

A:Deferred Procedure Calls and Interrupt Service Routines High CPU

I know I probably shouldn't do this though I'm bumping this since I edited the complete question.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/200231-deferred-procedure-calls-interrupt-service-routines-high-cpu.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Specs:

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit CPU AMD FX-6300 28 °C Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM

4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 (Socket M2) 37 °C

Graphics

32W_LCD_TV ([email protected])
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 41 °C

Storage

1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 ATA Device (SATA) 41 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB ATA Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device

Audio

AMD High Definition Audio Device

http://imgur.com/a/I49XQ

I have spent 2 days trying to fix this. Please help. Causes seemingly random resets. LatencyMon reports (see image) that the main culprits are RspLLL64.sys and USBPORT.sys

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627424/high-dpc-latency-startup-interrupt-in-taskmanager-excessive-cpu-usage/
Relevancy 55.9%

Not sure if I'm posting this Process to and Latency - High Interrupt Issues Very Latency Audio DPC in the right subforum - I've been having crackling popping audio issues while playing games and using audio programs and I've been trying to isolate the source fix the problem to no avail I ran Audio Issues - Very High DPC Latency and Interrupt to Process Latency LatencyMon for almost an entire day without really touching the computer or running any programs Here are the results Run on a Lenovo Thinkpad T i CONCLUSION Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs clicks or pops One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long At least one detected problem appears to be network related In case you are using a WLAN adapter try disabling it to get better results One problem may be related to power management disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup Check for BIOS updates LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for h mm ss on all processors SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer name JOSH-THINKPAD OS version Windows Service Pack build x Hardware CTO LENOVO CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Logical processors Processor groups RAM MB total CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHz Measured CPU speed MHz approx Note reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event Highest measured interrupt to process latency s Average measured interrupt to process latency s Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency s Average measured interrupt to DPC latency s REPORTED ISRs Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal Highest ISR routine execution time s Driver with highest ISR routine execution time HDAudBus sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total ISR routine time Driver with highest ISR total time hal dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in ISRs ISR count execution time lt s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time gt s REPORTED DPCs DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution Highest DPC routine execution time s Driver with highest DPC routine execution time ndis sys - NDIS driver Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total DPC routine time Driver with highest DPC total execution time ndis sys - NDIS driver Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in DPCs DPC count execution time lt s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time gt s REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution NOTE some processes were hit by hard pagefaults If these were programs producing audio they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts clicks and pops Ch... Read more

A:Audio Issues - Very High DPC Latency and Interrupt to Process Latency

Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed. The NDIS error is for the Realtek Ethernet Driver
Even if there are no yellow flags, go to the Lenovo Download Drivers site Laptops and netbooks :: IdeaPad Z Series laptops :: IdeaPad Z560 - Lenovo Support (GB) choose your OS.
Download the Chipset, Realtek Ethernet driver, and the Conextant Audio driver for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-issues-very-high-dpc-latency-and-interrupt-to-process-latency-1017578.html
Relevancy 54.18%

so i had problems on my pc unknown CPU usage and i ran process explorer and it shows hardware interrupts taking 78% CPU what can i do to try and fix this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-interrupts-taking-alot-of-cpu-help.654345/
Relevancy 50.31%

Recently, my computer has been lagging severely, because of a object identifed by the program "Process Explorer" as DPCs (Deffered Procedure Calls). The CPU usage is at 100%. I have done some research and have determened several things:The problem is not caused by hardware overheating.The problem is not caused by a driver issue.The problem is not caused by a virus.DPCs seems to be unimportant, thus it may be a good idea to disable this part of the system.The problem is not caused by a hardware issue.I am looking for a way to either remove DPCs completely, disable DPCs, or reduce the amount of my CPU that DPCs is using.Thanks in advance. You have helped me in the past (Security Master AV), and i am sure you will be able to help me now.

A:Problem With DPCs

Hi .Worth reading, IMO: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Slow_System_...sue_t83160.html.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341060/problem-with-dpcs/
Relevancy 49.88%

Using process explorer interrupts and DPCs seem to be spiking from to sometimes more less when my computer is not running any unnecessary programs I believe it spikes even MORE when FPS & Decrease Interrupts+DPCs i play soldier front While i play soldier front my FPS will usually stay at fps max is fps but every - mins the fps goes down to around fps for around seconds Interrupts+DPCs & FPS Decrease and then goes back to fps repeat Im using vista and i tweaked many things including disable useless processes and services set to bit and lowest graphic settings with best high performance defragmented gamebooster set theme to windows classic this never Interrupts+DPCs & FPS Decrease happened in windows XP tweaked which i had before my reformat Interrupts+DPCs & FPS Decrease which i no longer have and do not plan to install this happened in vista tweaked both times before and after my reformat Anything to disable tweak to prevent my fps from dropping Also how do i fix the Hardware interrupts and DCPs CPU spiking I heard about xperf trace from another forum that fixed their problem any idea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272991/interruptsdpcs-fps-decrease/
Relevancy 49.88%

I noticed that whenever I try to work with a DVD that is scratched, that the CPU usgae spikes. Process Explorer indicates DPCs accounting for >60% of CPU usage, and I have to assume that this is related to the problems with the DVD drive not being able to read from my DVD.

However, I cannot get the CPU usage to go down, even after removing the DVD and closing any software that I was using with the DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions how to stop the DPCs and Hardware Interrupts and bring the CPU usage down?

Also, if I try to reboot after I am in this situation (a necessity so that the computer can run smoothly with low usage), the shut down freezes and I have to do a hard power down at the PSU. I am assuming that the DPCs and Hardware Interrupts have something to with that.

A:DPCs and Problems Shutting Down

Ya, I notice similar problems when trying to read a defective disc.

Only solution = power down, power back up.

You could try using this - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2623.html

Or you could sand the bottom of the disc with white toothpaste and your thumb, going from center to outer edge. If you remove enough of the damage this way, this disc could then be read well. Make an .iso of it if possible, then throw out the original

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/37829-dpcs-problems-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hello
i start with my rig, its:
asus m4a79gtd pro/usb3
2x2gb kit kingston hyper-x ddr3
corsair tx v2 650w PSU
phenom2 x4 b55 BE (unlocked 555BE) + thermaltake cooler
gigabyte HD6970 2gb ddr5 256bit

my motherboard temp under load hits 49c (idle 34c-38c)
cpu temp under load 52c-54c (idle 42c-43c)

what is the safe motherboard operating temperature???? isnt my MB temp too high???
as my friend said it shouldnt hit more than 40c

A:Asus m4a79gtd Pro high temperature

As far as I know it's a normal temperature and you shouldn't worry about that. My friend has a mobo which is working from 40-50C and its fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m4a79gtd-pro-high-temperature.164248/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed a new Athlon 3800+ X2 (dual core) cpu. My temps on speedfan were not nearly as high as when I was running my Athlon 3200. Just wondering if these temps are normal. My cpu fan used to run at about 1800 rpm, now as you see it is running at over 4000 rpm. (pretty noisy). Also, what is the difference between the core temp and the cpu temp?? And what on earth is the remote temp?? Thanks. Those little red flames have me concerned. LOL.

Relevancy 49.45%

My computer (Compaq Presario 2500, win xp-sp3) experiences some serious speed problems.
It delays at boot time. It takes about 20 - 30 minutes to complete it. Lunching of applications is tedious, sometimes 5-10 minutes, and execution and switching between applications is really slow. Process Explorer indicates that IRQs and DPCs consume up to 90%of cpu time.
At arbitrary times it crushes just freezing or with a screen that says that it has to shutdown because of a serious problem.

Please help me to resolve these problems.
Thank you in advance.
Giannis

A:IRQs and DPCs consuming 90% of CPU time

Assuming you have scanned for malware, I would suggest a system file scan, using "sfc /scannow" &/or "chkdsk" from a command prompt, if no good a repair install of xp, if you can get hold of a disk. Otherwise, might be looking at hardware failure (could try reseating RAM too?)
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irqs-and-dpcs-consuming-90-of-cpu-time.184611/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I ve been having some issues with my motherboard temperature I ve monitored it with the BIOS coretemp speedfan and AIDA and they all show the same very Asus M2N-E temperature celcius) high mobo (65-72 temperatures which vary from to degrees Celsius I have an Antec watts power supply AMD athlon x processor Nvidia geforce gt graphics card and asus m n-e motherboard with gb sticks of DDR The processor temperatures vary from - degrees so I m not too worried but the motherboard temperature is very high and I can t figure out why I do want to mention that the computer sometimes turns off by itself that when I try to restart it it shuts down instead and that for some odd reason when I unplug my ethernet cable the computer shuts down Also whenever the Asus M2N-E mobo temperature very high (65-72 celcius) computer shuts down whether I manually do it or it turns off by itself I need to power-cycle the power supply with the button or by unplugging the power cable and re-plugging it in order to re-start the computer If I don t power-cycle the power supply it turns on but does not boot it makes some weird noises as if it wasn t able to get enough electricity to start It was suggested to me that the power issues might be because the integrated ethernet adapted on the mobo Asus M2N-E mobo temperature very high (65-72 celcius) might be fried and that Asus M2N-E mobo temperature very high (65-72 celcius) purchasing an ethernet PCI card could solve everything I did not find any bulging caps on the mobo power supply voltage seems ok too Thanks for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-m2n-e-mobo-temperature-very-high-65-72-celcius.987170/
Relevancy 49.45%

On another thread I noted a high screeching sound when restarting and on high clean temps is Very Asus G50VT--fan my son mentioned that high Very high temps on Asus G50VT--fan is clean temps can cause odd problems I installed Speefan and sure enough the temps are high GPU C hard drives okay Temp C core C core C Shutdown and removed bottom and found the fan to be very clean Recleaned anyway includin air inlet Booted to the battery I was on the kitchen table and temps were very good GPU C everything else lt C Happy happy It ran minutes with no problems Put the cover back on and retested with same temps Shutdown and moved latop to it's place and connected the usual USB devices mouse KB ESATA drive speakers printer etc Booted and all temps went sky high GPU began at and climbed to C all other temps crept up Can USB devices cause this I elevated the laptop to give the fan inlet plenty of breathing room--no help I've had this laptop three years and the first time I have tested temps so don't know if this heat problem is new or it's aways been running hot

A:Very high temps on Asus G50VT--fan is clean

Yikes robertpri those are way high temps. Please check to see if the fan is spinning and if you feel air flow at all?

You may also consider a cooler these two are very good.
http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applicati...108&CatId=3486

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/notebo...s/devices/6564

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/191855-very-high-temps-asus-g50vt-fan-clean.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I built the following trying to be detailed as I can intel q ghz quad core dg tl motherboard seagate hard drive gb Kingston hyperX x gb ram pc nvidia gt ultra generic tv tuner never used apevia explorer case watt power supply sony blu ray rom drive bdu-x s cd dvd burner tsstcorp SH-s hardware slow speed high end f with vista bit home premium It was built a year ago very fast and what not However I added a tb seagate internal sata drive and x gb hyperX memory same as before not totaling gb high end hardware slow speed The boot up is really slow it takes over two minutes before it booted in the area of a half of a minute further more if i play a high end hardware slow speed video non hd just a regular clip from a camcorder or itunes video and open the internet explorer and browse the video skips I am not sure as to why this is happening I have not changed any of hte boot settings the bios says it boots in raid but the drives are not set up in raid Not sure if its supposed to ide or achi Any advice is greately appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-end-hardware-slow-speed.832428/
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay So I've recently purchased some new RAM to upgrade my computer Before the upgrade I was running Hardware is Memory high too Reserve way my computer Hardware Reserve Memory is way too high on GBs x Gb sticks When I was only using the Gbs of RAM I was able to use all Gbs of it However with the Gbs of additional RAM I have installed x Gb sticks Hardware Reserve Memory is way too high windows decided to Hardware Reserve exactly Gbs This Hardware Reserve Memory is way too high led me to believe something was wrong and I would like access to those Gbs I did some poking around in the forums and tried to find a solution and no luck so far My Goal is to be able to use as much of my total Gbs of RAM as I can System Specs CPU AMD Athelon II X Mobo MSI A-G Memory x Gb Hyperx Black KHX C B BK X x Gb Hyperx Fury KHX C T K X Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX OS Windows Home Premium Bit Troubleshooting I Have Done All Sticks have been tested in all of my comps DIMM slots and work perfectly fine Ran Msconfig and unchecked maximum memory Checked to make sure both BIOS and windows can see all Gbs of RAM From what I can tell The RAM sticks themselves should be almost identical aside from the amount of memory they contain Gb vs Gb Both Windows and my BIOS detect all of the RAM The most interesting part is that Windows lets me use the RAM properly when I only have a matching pair of sticks installed i e both Gbs OR both Gbs But if I use the sticks together windows takes my Gbs again I'm not sure what to do here any and all help would be super appreciated If there is anything else you may need to know about my system feel free to ask away -Bluehornet

A:Hardware Reserve Memory is way too high

It is not Windows. But rather the motherboard. As the name suggests, "Hardware Reserved" the hardware takes that before Windows boots up. I would say, the motherboard does not like the mis matched ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362383-hardware-reserve-memory-way-too-high.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi my pc is working very slow lately It takes hours to run a virus scan I have AVG anti-virus I stopped the full scan yesterday because it still wasn't done after hours AVG found Trojan horse downloader Zlob FWR and got rid of it I also did the panda very pc cpu high interrupts - hardware slow online scan yesterday next to some cookies it found hacktool exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Anneleen ApplicationData Sun Java Deployment cache very slow pc - hardware interrupts high cpu javapi v file Dummy class- d - d class Panda didn't disinfect it I deleted the file After reading a bit I decided to download Process Explorer Hardware Interrupts uses - CPU see screenshot in attachment What does this mean My Hijackthislog Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA-zoomutility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Mini Notebook Mouse mouse a exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue ControlPanel VersionCueTray exe C Program Files Anti-Blaxx Anti-Blaxx exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hpdarc exe C HJT HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system HPZinw exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google be R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Koppelingen O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system... Read more

A:very slow pc - hardware interrupts high cpu

BUMP

Sorry, I waited 48 hours... my pc keeps slowing down, it just gets worse.
In my AVG scans this keeps coming up:

Object Result Status
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll Change Changed
C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll Change Changed
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll Change Changed
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe Change Changed
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts Change Changed

I hope someone can help me. Thank you!

Edit:
I looked it up on the AVG forums and apparently it's nothing bad, these 'changes'. But I still don't know what is actually slowing down my laptop...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/very-slow-pc-hardware-interrupts-high-cpu-133763.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys I m new to this website and first off I would like to greet you all with a hardy hello Hello I will try High latency of nowhere changes - Extremely no hardware Out to provide as much information as possible right off the bat in this first post its quite an Extremely High latency Out of nowhere - no hardware changes odd problem About months ago I signed up with a new ISP offering point-to-point wireless broadband in my area rural area with no dsl or cable connections I signed up right away glad to finally have broadband at my house Things were GREAT - I was playing Call of Duty Prey World of Warcraft and other low latency required games on Xbox with a ping ranging from - One night while I was playing World of Warcraft I noticed some light lag start to happen and thought nothing of it until my latency meter jumped to I couldn t move or talk to people as would normally happen with a huge latency in a game then I went through a few disconnections from the game and reconnections with a ping still very high - in fact at its worst that night it reached about milliseconds I figured my ISP was having a temporary problem so I stopped playing for the night fully expecting everything to return to normal when I came back on the next morning It didn t The extremely high ping was gone but now I average around ms Let me explain the type of internet I have - It is called quot Highspeed Radio Broadband Internet quot by my ISP It uses towers to send me my internet signal to a recieving transmitting tower mounted on my roof on a foot tower I may not be explaining that well enough so I will give you the link to my ISP s website - http www speedway ca - they have a better explanation than I can offer As for troubleshooting Ive tried a few different steps that I thought may help diagnose the problem prior to calling my ISP for help which include the following - I disconnected my router A com OfficeConnect Cable Dsl router wired to eliminate the router as the problem and tried connecting to my ISP using my network card in my computer in WINxp - no fix - I successfully connected my incoming ethernet cable without the router to my XBOX and put in my PPPoE connection details in the console to eliminate my PC as the possible problem viruses spyware firewall etc - still no fix - latency in the high ms - I tried rebooting my router rebooting my Motorola Radio Reciever which is mounted on a foot tower on my roof - no fix - I asked a friend of mine to bring over her laptop to eliminate the slim chance both my PC and XBOX both had some sort of network hardware failure at the same time - no difference her laptop experienced high latency as well Upon investigating further I noticed this latency does not affect my transfer speeds EXCEPT when it was up in the high thousands ms - Which I find is kind of strange don t you Continuing on in my self troubleshooting attempts I began to run some ping and traceroute tests and found Ping Results A I average around - ms to my ISP s Gateway - which I assume is good B Problem being there are spikes of latency increases the highest I have seen yet is in the s C Sometimes many packets will time out sometimes none do Tracert Results I can t tracert they all time out I believe my ISP is blocking this although here is what happens when I tracert my ISP s gateway C Documents and Settings Administrator gt tracert Tracing route to pc- - ispnet ca over a maximum of hops Request timed out ms ms ms pc- - ispnet ca Trace complete I assume the first hop is my router which blocks the tracert attempt The second is my ISP s gateway Here is what happens when I try to tracert to Google com Tracing route to google com over a maximum of hops Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out ms ms ms pagead googlesyndication com Trace complete Is this normal I have tried to contact my ISP but they have quot mo... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all.

Been having an issue for a few months now i have 4gb corsair dominator gt ram installed but my system in only showing 1.96gb usable and looking in resource monitor its showing 2091 mb as system reserved
cpu: OctalCore AMD FX-8120, 4000 MHz
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
Module Name Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2133C9
Video Adapter AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3gb)

is this a resolvable issue ive reinstalled and problem is still there

Ive tried booting of one DIMM and it boots fine bios shows 4gb as well im stuck

A:High Hardware reserved memory

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I had a similar problem with my Dell Precision 370.
had 4GB ram but only 3GB was useable, 1Gb was reserved and could not be changed.

Lots of hits on Google but not fixes I could find.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56641-high-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running an HP a6720f and trying to sync my photos to an external hard drive. I have tried to use both SyncBack and simply copying folders. In each instance, the process seems to start fine and initially copies well, but within a short time, it slows to a near halt. In all cases, my DPCs are jumping up from being insignificant (varying from 0-5%) to being around 35%, with hardware interrupts around 16%.

I am not running any other programs when this happens. All I want to do is backup my pictures.

The drive is a 500gb SimpleDrive. When I first boot the computer, I have no trouble accessing the drive or any files on the drive.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Constant DPCs When Trying to Copy/Sync to External HDD

There is a fix for this if your system is suitable :
You encounter problems when you move data over USB from a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that has an NVIDIA USB EHCI chipset and at least 4GB of RAM

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50639-constant-dpcs-when-trying-copy-sync-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi again

Can this mb support this ram?:

1024MB Stick, 6-Layer PCB, CAS 3.0, 128x4 Configuration (High Density), 184 Pin, DDR Memory

I went to the website but I didn't see anything that mentions if the ram can be high density...and the site doesn't really give extensive ram specifications anyway just a list of ram sticks that only reach up to 512mb that are compatible (didn't see information on if it should be CAS 2.5 or 3.0 or what either), but im sure I can have a 1024 mb stick as my board supports up to 3GB of RAM. I just want to know if the specific RAM mentioned above will work on my motherboard because I've read that this motherboard can be touchy when it comes to RAM...

A:Can an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard support 1 gig of high density RAM?

Your m/b can support this RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR400/333/266 Max 3GB. :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-an-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-motherboard-support-1-gig-of-high-density-ram.22958/
Relevancy 48.59%

Trying to find out if P5P800 will support high density (cheaper) DDR SDRAM? Asus is no help since this board is no longer supported and I cannot find anything specific to ram density on the specs. thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5p800-mboard-supporting-high-density-ram.667524/
Relevancy 48.59%

So this has never really been an issue before until just recently My HD got so corrupted that I had to reformat the drive and reinstall all the recovery components After doing all this I was reinstalling games back onto my system and have been having some intermittent issues with shutting down which just recently got worse When playing games like Sims or Dungeons games that are graphically intense and larger the computer now will shut off within - down overheating high and shutting games G73 on laptop end Asus minutes No graphic anomalies and I am able to turn Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down it right back on without the computer baring me due to an overheated system The system doesnt shut down when running movies or playing games like fallout or other bit games I ran hardware monitor and speed fan when I was running dungeons and got the following data HW monitor reports Min Max C Therm Intel core i QM Core Core Core Core ST AS Assembly Air Flow ATI Mobility Radeon HD TMPIN Speed Fan reports Speed fan only sees one CPU Fan running at a range of - RPM However my laptop has two fans within it should it be reporting CPU Fans When running dungeons the fan jumps to RPM The GPU temp is normally C but when running dungeons it jumps to C Im running an Asus G Jh gaming laptop The BIOS is version Intel core i CPU Q GHz Memory mb ram HD gb gb of gb free OS Windows Home premium bit build My question is whether or not one of my fans isnt working anymore Which happened a year ago and I had to replace it or is something else going on that isnt kicking my fans on to cool the system down for gaming I dont tend to hear the fans whirring loudly anymore like they sort of did before when things got a little too hot nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down

It may very well be your fans again. You may need to open it up and clean it out with a can of air. Try replacing the thermal compound or pads. This may solve your problem. Plus inspect the motherboard for any lose connections. I am sure some one else here will have a few more suggestion to help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-overheating-on-high-end-games-and-shutting-down.185380/
Relevancy 48.59%

Heya Just bought a new computer and put it together after some failed starts etc P5K won't Asus HELP! Deluxe hardware! find the Asus P K Asus P5K Deluxe won't find hardware! HELP! Deluxe tells me that it wants a bios recovery and starts searching in USB CD Floppy so I decide to give it a go and shove in the Asus CD It finds p k rom or similar and starts programming it says after that it reboots and now I just cannot get past the AMIBIOS logo where it s supposed to find the hardware It gets stuck but if i leave it for a while it draws huge black lines all over the screen with itty pieces of text in it like the sata name and and etc the only thing that it finds fully is the CPU which is a Intel Core Quadro I have tried resetting bios and everything but seeing as how I can t even get into the friggin bios it s quite hopeless this I really want my new comp to start Please help nbsp

A:Asus P5K Deluxe won't find hardware! HELP!

Shameless bump .. Guys I really want to make my new computer working please help if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5k-deluxe-wont-find-hardware-help.604980/
Relevancy 48.59%

Howdy Gents,
I'm curious: Besides being able to go with a rackmount chassis, at the hardware-level, what is the big difference between a server and a really, really powerful desktop?

A:Hardware question: server vs. high-end desktop

Nothing, really. Servers have more options for power, multiple CPU's, etc...

Our office uses a high end desktop for a server. Dell & HP sell Celeron and Sempron "servers" with no operating system, etc...

If you're looking at using a desktop as a server, just get the right software, a screaming processor, jam it full of RAM, and if you're doing web hosting, get a dual NIC unless your router supports the outside connection protocols.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-question-server-vs-high-end-desktop.541725/
Relevancy 48.59%

Heya,
I having issues with my computer, its a HP pavillion a6300f,
Running an intel E2180 dual core, 2 gigs of ram and os vista 32 home premium.
I have issues with what process explorer describes as being a hardware interrupt, it uses between 25-99% of one of the cores capability and seems to use approximately 500-700mb of ram.
i have tried as much as i can muster.
Does anyone have any ideas that could save me a reinstall of my o/s.
i have called HP support but they seem more intent on, brushing me off, half assed guidance, or finding ways out of honouring my warranty than giving sound advice.
:

A:Hardware Interrupts causing high cpu idle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipo

Heya,
I having issues with my computer, its a HP pavillion a6300f,
Running an intel E2180 dual core, 2 gigs of ram and os vista 32 home premium.
I have issues with what process explorer describes as being a hardware interrupt, it uses between 25-99% of one of the cores capability and seems to use approximately 500-700mb of ram.
i have tried as much as i can muster.
Does anyone have any ideas that could save me a reinstall of my o/s.
i have called HP support but they seem more intent on, brushing me off, half assed guidance, or finding ways out of honouring my warranty than giving sound advice.
:

I am sad to say that when these type of issues come up, HP, nor MS would be able to find a solution for you.

Put it down to experience and reinstall Vista. And straight after Vista is installed and running good, then do a backup image of Vista using something like Acronis TrueImage. In this way, if anything like this happens again in the future, you simply restore the Vista image and in 10 minutes you are running good again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hardware-interrupts-causing-high-cpu-idle-250934.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My system Specs Windows Ultimate x HP - t Desktop x Hardware by Physical Memory High Reserved gig RAM sticks DDR Samsung GB Memory RX PC - U MS- Iona-GL E Initial Issues Recently my computer began having problems at startup The computer would load to the windows start up screen black with the spinning balls that combine to the windows icon and then shut itself off Initial Troubleshooting At first I thought this was the PSU which I tried replacing from another computer but this did not change anything Eventually I tried moving around my RAM sticks After moving around the sticks the computer would start up and runs however I have a new problem Current Issue My computer is currently running very slowly Checking resource monitor shows that gigs of my gigs of ram is being reserved by hardware System properties shows High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware that i have gigs of RAM but only gigs is useable If I go into the Bios I can see that it recognizes the three gig sticks but on a separate line that reads quot Physical Memory installed quot says there is only gigs of RAM Current Troubleshooting Ram Configuration very strange I have identical sticks of RAM and four slots in the mobo I have tried many configurations xxx x xx xx x xxx As near as I can tell the first memory High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware slot is broken as any stick in that slot will cause the computer to fail to start up In fact the monitor won't even receive a signal That leaves only the xxx configuration for me to try Even though the memory sticks are identical as near as I can tell same product number even the order seems to matter Some orders will boot to the startup screen and then shut down others will fail to boot or even send a message to the monitor However some orders will actually allow the computer to start up fine but all of them give the same issue with available RAM I described previously Even stranger to note is that the computer will boot up just fine with any one of the RAM sticks alone provided it is not in the x slot I have updated reset and re-updated the bios I have gone into msconfig- gt boot- gt advanced options- gt and unchecked the max memory box I have run memtest on every stick in multiple slots no errors My Bios does not seem to support memory remapping I have checked for AGP Aperture size I have checked for RAM compatibility with my mobo it ran for years previous to this incident anyway Disabling Superfetch and restarting

A:High Physical Memory Reserved by Hardware

Hi there and welcome to SF!

Firstly could you provide a screenshot of your task manager showing the exact RAM Usage?

Could you also check in the services list and see if Superfetch or Prefetch are enabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/317464-high-physical-memory-reserved-hardware.html
Relevancy 48.16%

CONCLUSION Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs clicks or pops One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long One dxgkrnl.sys ,and with ISRs: Latency nvlddmkm.sys, DPC ideas? any DPCs: problem may be related to power management disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup Check for BIOS updates LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for h mm ss on DPC Latency with ISRs: dxgkrnl.sys ,and DPCs: nvlddmkm.sys, any ideas? all processors SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer name ANTONYMOUS-PC OS version Windows Service Pack build x Hardware ASUSTeK Computer INC P KPL-VM CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Logical processors Processor groups RAM MB total CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHz Note reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event Highest measured interrupt to process latency s Average measured interrupt to process latency s Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency s Average measured interrupt to DPC latency s REPORTED ISRs Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal Highest ISR routine execution time s Driver with highest ISR routine execution time dxgkrnl sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total ISR routine time Driver with highest ISR total time dxgkrnl sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in ISRs ISR count execution time lt s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time gt s I'have tried new drivers graphic card and usb - gt nothing i've tried disabling devices and then run LatencyMon - gt nothing i've tried to change some PCI-IRQ to MSI mode but according to some directions couldnt do it when i use cubase except from dxgkrnl sys and nvlddmkm sys LatencyMon is also show usb port as latency issue any ideas Thanks in Advanced

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/384198-dpc-latency-isrs-dxgkrnl-sys-dpcs-nvlddmkm-sys-any-ideas.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Good evening to you I am currently using an processor slow with high Asus quite when laptop idle usage Asus Laptop X BS Asus laptop quite slow with high processor usage when idle which is almost years old and is a beta version of the N-serie running Windows and having a couple of problems meaning - images take a while to load on Opera which may seem anecdotical but quite often they take a while up to seconds or don't even load at all without nonetheless displaying the typical image link broken - all in all he is getting slow Slow in the sense I have framerate drops when starting Opera not to mention games like League of Legend which does not ask for too high performance - of the four displayed processor kernels the first tends to be at maximum even when the computer is idle idle in the sense I'm not doing anything on it - it is thus running hot almost permanently according to SpeedFan Then I got a message this afternoon from my antivirus which is Avira Free version saying that it has detected ADWARE iBryte bxoq right here C Windows TEMP tmp tmp f And not just once but a forty-ish times Thus right now I am thinking about reinstalling my Windows from scratch However I am wondering if there is a way to avoid doing so - as some programs are a real pain to reinstall I am looking at you Office PTC Creo LabView Could some spare some time helping me Thank you a lot Have a good night Icomenid

A:Asus laptop quite slow with high processor usage when idle

Welcome, it does sound infected and cluttered, so let's clean/MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.TDSSKillerDownload TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.AdwCleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.Junkware Removal ToolPlease download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.ESET Online ScannerHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET Online Scanner in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE: Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.>>>Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareDownload MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe to st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578545/asus-laptop-quite-slow-with-high-processor-usage-when-idle/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys I have a young customer that built his own computer about months ago When he came to me the computer wouldn't start I removed the Graphics card and connected the on Asus Problems Hardware motherboard z87I-Pro internal one and it worked straight away I ran the standard tests all about trying to keep down costs for the Hardware Problems on Asus z87I-Pro motherboard customer stress test processor Graphics card etc no aparrent problems I tested each ram stick at a time and changed places no apparent Hardware Problems on Asus z87I-Pro motherboard problems The customer had reinstated the standard heatsink that comes with the processor because the mini motherboard wouldn't allow for water cooling with his memmory with high heatsinks The Components are as follows Windows Home Premium bit OEM License Windows Home Premium bit is original installation on the computer The customer purchased the Windows license from a retailer The Hardware is about months old Chassis Obsidian Series D Windowed Micro ATX PC Case Motherboard Asus Z I-Pro revx x Processor Intel i - GHz Processor Cooling NOCTUA NH-C P SE Memory Corsair Vengeance CMZ GX M A C x GB Hard drive Samsung SSD EVO GB Graphics Card Gigabyte Windforce GTX OC GB PSU XFX Pro w changed by me the first time the computer was left on test The original was a budget CORSAIR CX W M Installation hasn t changed from original about months As you can see I upgraded the PSU because he was using a budget version and the recommended PSU for the Graphics card is w While I was running tests I fould that one of the legs of the heatsink wasn't securely mounted I informed the customer that there could be damage to the processor - but recommended the Noctua listed above because of space in his case i had the computer on test after replacement of PSU and heatsink and no problems The customer had the computer for about Three weeks and then he couldn't start it again The games he plays are League of Legends and World of Warcraft He came again with the computer and again the computer worked when removing the Graphics card and when reinstating it again I am thinking that it could be Graphics related - but because he ran games for a time with a badly mounted processor one wonders if there is other problems I haven't had any BSOD since running driver verifier didn't Think I would because I had no BSOD when testing Before I have run a trace to see if there is anything there that you guys Think could be causing the computer not starting Like I said it looks like Graphics especially after running a game he couldn't start the computer Just strange I could remove and replace the Graphics card and I haven't had any problems I haven't run any stress tests this time Please let me know if you need anything else bookie

A:Hardware Problems on Asus z87I-Pro motherboard

Hi guys...;)
Just wondering if anyone has had time to look at the trace yet?
No pressure....;) I know there is a only a few of you that work with the information..
If I can get any insight into what might be causing the problem - it would help in narrowing it down...;)

bookie56

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/hardware-problems-on-asus-z87i-pro-motherboard-836105.html
Relevancy 48.16%

After installing a new evga gtx and Thermaltake w ps i am experiencing big time system slowdown CPU upgrade overall hardware slow High performance after usage, and high CPU usage The problem could be conflicts hardware or software or just simply a system bottleneck but one thing is for sure when my system had my old GT installed I experienced none of these slowdown issues Lookit all them sound tabs mebbe thats it Help High CPU usage, overall slow performance after hardware upgrade please let me know what other High CPU usage, overall slow performance after hardware upgrade info is High CPU usage, overall slow performance after hardware upgrade needed ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DADSGATEWAYFX Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model FX BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor SyncMaster CW SyncMaster Magic CX CW Digital Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver Version English DDI Version BGRA Supported Yes Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- D - CF- B C- F FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back ... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 48.16%

I cant seem to find drivers to install the above?

The intel site says they should be included with my GM945 graphics drivers, but it wont find them!

So, i have the drivers for my chipset but it wont work - microsoft say its included in xp so whats going on??

A:Found new hardware " High definition audio bus' - what?

I believe you're getting help here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f19/...op-224022.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/found-new-hardware-high-definition-audio-bus-what-224084.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I m new here and I m not good about any of these so please CPU IDE channels, Multiple Hardware High usage. interrupts, be detail My problem started when I installed a software that required me to use daemon tools I did eventhough I don t really know how it works I just click and click It is something about mounting and stuff So I did and the installation went okay After the next restart windows started to find missing hardwares and asks me to install it all or of them I Multiple IDE channels, Hardware interrupts, High CPU usage. didn t at first and realized my cpu usage gone to - without running anything So I browsed forums and it s not because of DMA reverted to PIO or stuff I downloaded Process Explorer and noticed the hardware interrupts are the cause of this high cpu usage I checked device manager and found out that under the IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers I have multiple channels Before this I only have primary channel secondary channel and standard dual channel PCI IDE controller but now I have for each channel I stated I suspect this is the problem but I don t know how to deal with it and I googled it nothing similar ever came up I tried uninstalling reinstalling and updating the drivers Sometimes the hardware interrupts disappear and I don t know why but the next restart will trigger the problem all over again I really don t know what to do and I hope someone could help me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Multiple IDE channels, Hardware interrupts, High CPU usage.

Daemon tools includes software to mount ISO files made from
CD's or DVD's so there original disk doesn't have to be in
the drive to use software like games.
It probably installed drivers to interface with the virtual drive.
You should be able to uninstall it from add/remove programs (XP)
or programs and features (vista and windows 7) in start/control panel.
What where you trying to do or install when this happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-ide-channels-hardware-interrupts-high-cpu-usage.944746/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have to keep downloading and installing Adobe Flash Player every time I boot or restart my Asus Laptop.

Running Windows 7 Professional - K52JT 64 bit with SP1

Anybody know how to fix this dastardly issue would be very helpful as it is time consuming each time having to start up computer, then go to Adobe, download flash and install. It is like it doesn't remember it each time it starts, as though it is cancelled each time it is shut down. I note that even when it doesn't work, it shows as being installed in Programs.

Thanks

A:Asus Notebook K52JT Flash Problem [From:Hardware]

Hi and welcome to TSF try this to remove any install of adobe flash JavaRa - SingularLabs then try installing adobe flash

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-notebook-k52jt-flash-problem-from-hardware-713593.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just purchased an Asus Q LA-BSI I had a relatively tight budget I tried it out and I like it I intend on dual booting chromium and or linux on it For the time being of what ease ASUS upgrade with hardware the Q501LA-BSI5 is it is more than powerful enough from what I can tell however Should I want to upgrade what is the ease of upgrade with ASUS Q501LA-BSI5 hardware to say an I or install a graphics chipset what is the ease of doing so anyone know Theoretically the graphics chipset should not be soldered to the board if it is dedicated but its not its intel HD I really dont know what that means for its graphics chips install capabilities Down the road a gb GeForce or something might be nice considering I am a comp-anime major and don't game much anymore If it can't make any major upgrades like these that is ok It seems to be good from what I can tell when I used it and I liked how it felt just curious what upgrades CAN be made

A:what is the ease of upgrade with ASUS Q501LA-BSI5 hardware

Just read the specs on the model and it says that it is "on-processor Graphics." does that mean that there is any open bay for an aftermarket chipset? or is it another chip soldered on? or just none at all? ohhhhh how I love my desktop. If only it didnt take the whole back seat of an SUV and part of the passenger seat if I wanted to take it with me somewhere.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/51264-what-ease-upgrade-asus-q501la-bsi5-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My computer is supposed to have built-in Bluetooth. The Asus website has a driver update for Windows 7 64-bit, but when I try to install it I get a message that no Bluetooth device was detected.

Help! I have been trying to fix this for days.

A:Asus notebook doesn't recognize Bluetooth hardware

How sure are you that the hardware is actually present? Does it show in Device Manager as present but disabled due to no driver installed? Is there a switch that turns the BT on/off that needs to be turned on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/204279-asus-notebook-doesnt-recognize-bluetooth-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Really hope someone can help here I hope I haven t screwed this unit too bad I m a total noob when it comes to overclocking I d been thinking about trying it and decided to do a few preliminary things like setting up the temperature monitor etc My setup is a second-hand ASUS P T-M running Intel P GHz processor with a GeForce TI I think it s the can t recall off the top of my head as I inherited it from a friend and didn t look too closely boot monitor won't software installed P4T-M ASUS hardware after First I upgraded the ASUS P4T-M won't boot after hardware monitor software installed BIOS this appeared to successful and I had already rebooted off the new version The Asus PcProbe couldn t find the hardware monitor device I think the P T-M may not be very well supported board by ASUS it s the RDRAM version which wasn t too popular with consumers so I had a look around for something else I found the quot Motherboard Monitor quot app and since it s been around for ages I gave it a try - I seriously doubt there s a problem with this app much more likely I ve done something stupid while installing it So I went through the install after which I rebooted and there it was my machine fails POST before even getting through the Video BIOS boot to the M B BIOS screen preferring just to sit there with a blank screen screaming POST fail tones at me one long two short Video adaptor fail then repeated high short tones temperature alarm I think I m pretty sure I haven t but kinda paranoid that I might have screwed the BIOS with the update since it s the BIOS firmware that generates these tones right I cleared the CMOS RTC settings successfuly but still get the same error I m thinking the video card may have some persistent setting that I don t know how to revert to defaults or worse that installing the app may have damaged the card or its BIOS Has anyone out there had a similar problem I m kinda stuck here nbsp

A:ASUS P4T-M won't boot after hardware monitor software installed

If it were a bad flash you should have had a problem as soon as you restarted right after flashing and before installing motherboard monitor 5.

If you already tried the jumpers I would suggest ripping everything out and starting from scratch including the video card.

When I mean everything I mean vid card sound card if you have one extra usb expations cards whatever you might have anything and everything that goes into agp/pci/or/pci express slots take out.

Do the reset with the jumpers I think around 20 seconds should do it depending on your board. Put the jumpers back to how they were and restart. If you get nothing try the cmos battery reset. I don't know how long your supposed to have the battery out for the bios settings to reset but thats another way of doing it.

ps. dont forget the drives HD and otherwise system should post without any drives as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4t-m-wont-boot-after-hardware-monitor-software-installed.260121/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a AMD9590 2 970 gpus and 32gb of 1600 hmz ram (whatthe system runs on)

Since being forced to upgrade to 8.1, I have had stalls and restarts out of the no where for no known reason.

doing a system diag and it tested my hardware

4.6 ghz octa-core poor
2 5 month old maxwell chip GPUs poor...
32gb of 1600mhz ddr3 matched ram poor.

I am confused and befuddled to say the least.

Any help would be wonderful, because I am my wits end.

A:System Diag says high end hardware poor preformers? Whaa?

It sounds like you might have some malware.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/63845-system-diag-says-high-end-hardware-poor-preformers-whaa.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Here's the basics Running Windows XP SP ASUS motherboard - AMD Sempron ghz and mb RAM VIA Rhine II ethernet adapter Time Warner Slow (Hardware Internet Issue?) High Packet Loss - broadband weeks ago internet speed dropped to about the level that it had been running Speed when D L a file went from kb s to kb s Time Warner came out and actually repaired some external Slow Internet - High Packet Loss (Hardware Issue?) issues but it had no effect They plugged into the Motorola modem with another computer and the connection was running full speed The TW tech ran a test through the CMD prompt and informed me that I was losing about of the data packets So I ran the XP netwrok diagnostic tool after he left It showed some failures on the ethernet adapter I went to the ASUS website and downloaded the most recent drivers for the ethernet adapter and I've still had no luck I just want to know if there is anything I can fix software wise before I replace the ethernet adapter or the entire PC Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:Slow Internet - High Packet Loss (Hardware Issue?)

It certainly looks like ethernet card itself going bad.
Is it desktop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304259/slow-internet-high-packet-loss-hardware-issue/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi Joined today just so I can put this little problem out there and see - is Hardware required.. high Reserved Memory advice/opinions if someone can shed some light on it as it has baffled me somewhat I have gb of RAM installed on Windows -bit I Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required.. know Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required.. that -bit won t allow me to use all of it but I believe I should be able to access at least Gb Anyway I can only use Gb as alot is Hardware Reserved Mb to be precise I could accept that fact if the following didn t happen - this is what is confusing me no end When I remove one strip of RAM I have x gb the memory obviously drops to gb BUT the hardware reserved memory also drops - to MB As soon as I put the other strip back in and go back to Gb I m suddenly hit with the Mb Hardware reserved again To try diagnosing things I removed my PCI graphics card and used the onboard VGA The hardware reserved memory then dropped to Mb so I came to the conclusion that the graphics card is taking mb But this is what confuses me when I only have gb installed the hardware reserved is mb so nothing is been reserved for the graphics card in this case and whatever is using the other mb doesn t take it either I need the VGA card installed as I use two monitors at work and the card is dual head Can anyone tell me why the hardware reserved memory rockets up to Mb when I have the gb installed yet is only mb with gb installed Surely if the VGA card and whatever else needs the mb then it would still try and take it with only gb installed I really need to try and free up this reserved memory as I need to run Virtual PCs on my machine and have a few other programs open at once It s just bugging me like hell now Cheers all Ade

A:Hardware Reserved Memory is high - advice/opinions required..

Hello Ade,

Everything you describes sounds about right to me. The more memory you add, the more Windows will try to allocate; however, with only 2 GBs installed, windows (probably) cannot allocate memory to specific functions because it may have to swap programs in and out of memory as required. However, once you up it to 4 GBs, a new allocation scheme kicks in. First off, windows will take (up to) a full 1GB of memory off the top due to your 32 bit OS limitation. How much it takes off depends on your chipset limitations and/or your bios restrictions. So, when you upped the memory to 4 GBs, windows decided there was now enough memory to allocate a specific amount to the graphics function, and it appears that allocation will vary (on your machine) based on whether or not you are using onboard graphics or an external graphics card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494078/hardware-reserved-memory-is-high-adviceopinions-required/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been using this Advent laptop for about three months now it's far older and I've been getting frustrated with how much the system slows down when there's heavy wireless network usage Advent possible Vista DPCs 7113, usage SP2, throttling CPU, network issue I'm not sure what the deal is and I've tried all the standard ie AV anti-malware up-to-date drivers Windows Update running Advent 7113, Vista SP2, DPCs throttling CPU, possible network usage issue smaller lighter apps to lighten the load but whenever network usage is heavy for example streaming video or torrenting DPCs take over far too much of the CPU Any help or suggestions anyone can offer Computer Info -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Mobile Advent 7113, Vista SP2, DPCs throttling CPU, possible network usage issue Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Computer Name OLD-LAPTOP User Name Old -laptop Logon Domain Old-laptop Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Mobile Intel Celeron M MHz x Motherboard Name DixonsXP Motherboard Chipset Mobile Intel Calistoga-G i GML System Memory MB DDR SDRAM DIMM Eudar GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron HTF HDY- E GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Phoenix Display Video Adapter Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family MB Video Adapter Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family MB D Accelerator Intel GMA Monitor Chunghwa CLAA WA A quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel GBM ICH -M - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF IDE Controller Intel R ICH -M Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - C Storage Controller Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Disk Drive FUJITSU MHV BH PL ATA Device GB RPM SATA Disk Drive WD Ext HDD USB Device GB USB Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address - -DB- -E - F Network Adapter g Mini Card Wireless Adapter Network Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Modem Motorola SM Speakerphone Modem Peripherals Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer Send To OneNote USB Controller Intel GBM ICH -M - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel GBM ICH -M - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel GBM ICH -M - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel GBM ICH -M - USB Universal Host Controller B- USB Controller Intel GBM ICH -M - Enhanced USB Controller B- USB Device g Mini Card Wireless Adapter USB Device USB Mass Storage Device Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery DMI DMI BIOS Vendor DIXONSXP DMI BIOS Version DIX DMI System Manufacturer DIXONSXP DMI System Product DIXONSXP DMI System Version DMI System Serial Number DMI System UUID F E - -A B F A- AE DMI Motherboard Manufacturer DIXONSXP DMI Motherboard Product DIXONSXP DMI Motherboard Version DMI Motherboard Serial Number DMI Chassis Manufacturer DIXONSXP DMI Chassis Version DMI Chassis Serial Number D DMI Chassis Asset Tag DMI Chassis Type Notebook ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If any further information is required I'll be happy to provide it

A:Advent 7113, Vista SP2, DPCs throttling CPU, possible network usage issue

Possible issues -
- Celeron CPU
- mismatched RAM (you have different speed sticks)
- HDD

Run HDD diags - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Get matching RAM sticks. Make sure wifi driver is updated.

Is your PC running slow...?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/advent-7113-vista-sp2-dpcs-throttling-cpu-possible-network-usage-issue-559554.html
Relevancy 47.3%

There is something wrong with the green slot in the sound built into my motherboard (posted below), its AC'97 on a ASUS M2N4 motherboard, the drivers are up to date and im sure its not the stereo, or the speakers. Its a faint eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound with no fluctuation, and it gets louder when i turn up the sound on the speaker or the computer. Any ideas n what might be the issue? here the mobo:http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...IDIA+nForce4+SLI+ATX+AMD+Motherboard+-+Retail

A:Audio Problem: High Whine on Left Speaker (ASUS AC'97 onboard a m2n4-sli)

i had this when i had a magnet near my speakers. Are there any phones or anything like that near the speakers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-problem-high-whine-on-left-speaker-asus-ac97-onboard-a-m2n4-sli.537840/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello All,
Let me start by saying I am in the process of upgrading my kids computer. I got them an Asus M5A97 LE 2.0. I also got 16gb of ram and processor upgrade. Well I also have Acronis True Image 2014 which should allow me to recover to new hardware. New hardware is in and I start the recovery using a usb stick which has the drivers.

At the end of the recovery when it is restoring drivers there are three drivers it says it can't find I click ignore it completes box comes up and blue screens.

I am assuming this is due to one of the drivers. The drivers it says it cant find for devices are

Ven_1002&Dev_4396&subsys_43961002
Ven_1002&Dev_4397&subsys_43971002
Ven_1002&Dev_4399&subsys_43991002

Unless there is something in the bios as this is a Win 7 64bit box and the board of course has a wonderful (sarcastic) UEFI bios.

A:Acronis Universal Restore w/Dissimilar Hardware ASUS M5A97 LE 2.0

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4397&SUBSYS_43971002 drivers

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4396&SUBSYS_43961002 drivers

Download Free PCI\VEN_1002 PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4399 Device Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/324594-acronis-universal-restore-w-dissimilar-hardware-asus-m5a97-le-2-0-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Problem...
1 yr old (no physical damage) n450, 2gb ram, Win 7 netbook was stuck in startup repair loop. Would boot to safe mode, and safe mode w/ networking. Now after attempting an F9 factory system resore it gets to loading drivers, then fails, says it has to restart then fails again.

Things I've done...
System restore to several point-all successful, no change in problem
chkdsk- no problems
Windows memory diagnostic- no problems
Tried repairing with a full Win 7 disk in an ext DVD drive. Failed.
Windows

I'm thinking a hardware issue...but where do I start?

My wife LOVES this little machine, so any help is much appreciated!!

A:ASUS EEEPC 1005 startup repair loop-hardware issue?

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203517-asus-eeepc-1005-startup-repair-loop-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 43.86%

Just reinstalled windows definition device Formula audio -- on audio ASUS Maximus bus high xp Reinstalled all my drivers but I'm not sure what this quot audio device on high definition audio bus quot driver is that device driver has put that yellow question mark next to I've looked and audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula looked on Google it seems some audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula people have fixed with video card drivers others motherboard drivers I'm using a fatality pro soundblaster card I've tried to download the audio drivers for the maximus formula but I believe this goes to the sound card that comes with the mobo which I am not using When I try to install it says that it doesn't match my hardware and aborts I have also disabled on-board sound or the equivalent thereof for this board in BIOS My chipset is X and my SB is IR ICH R Also if it helps the device instance id is Quote HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN amp DEV AA amp SUBSYS AA amp REV amp A amp amp Oh and thanks

A:audio device on high definition audio bus -- ASUS Maximus Formula

Are you getting sound through the sound card? Did you install the drivers to the sound card? Try to enable on-board and see if you get sound from the card? After you enable on-board, install drivers for it, then go back and disable it so it might shut up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-device-on-high-definition-audio-bus-asus-maximus-formula-283675.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I have seen a fair amount of discussion regarding Win8 x64 OS demanding a high amount of RAM, but none of the solutions recommended have solved my issue.

My (inherited) Sony VAIO has 4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 RAM. This amount is recognized by BIOS. Resource monitor and task manager both inform me that 2.3gb of this RAM is hardware reserved. This seems atypical as compared to similar systems proffered elsewhere in this forum.

As far as I know, every aspect of the system is factory with the exception of the OS. It was upgraded from Win7 x64 to Win8 x64 before it came into my possession.

Quick Specs:
Win8 x64
Radeon HD 4200 (256mb reserved)
AMD? Athlon? II X2 2.10ghz
Screenshot for reference:
To this point I have tried:
1) Swapping RAM channels
2) Updating BIOS (from Sony Website)
3) Memory Diagnostic
4) Ticking and unticking MSCONFIG > Boot > Advanced > Max Memory

Thanks.

A:Unusually High "Hardware Reserved" Memory

My first impression is that the onboard graphics chip is using system memory for video. There should be some BIOS or other setting to control how much system ram it will use.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/49921-unusually-high-hardware-reserved-memory.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So just recently, about 2 weeks ago within 30 minutes of playing games my computer would freeze for about 5 seconds with a weird sound, then suddenly crash, and go into the bsod with an uncorrectable hardware error. I have no idea what is going on, and my research hasn't help me find answers.

? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? Vista 64
? Is the OS an OEM version : purchased
? Age of system (not sure refurbished, but bought it 10 months ago)
? Age of OS installation - reinstalled it today

? CPU: Asus G71GX
? Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

A:Asus G71GX encountering BSOD when playing video games- "uncorrectable hardware error"

I am currently individually testing all the ram sticks because a user on a different thread attributed a faulty stick to his bsod problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/asus-g71gx-encountering-bsod-when-playing-video-games-uncorrectable-hardware-error-646806.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Laptop on Linksys Wireless-B router BEFW S I removed a trojan downloader virus a couple weeks ago using Cleaner and Spyhunter and manual registry Interrupt Downloads removals etc But I'm still having trouble watching online videos or downloading files Videos often buffer excessively or stop altogether halfwaythrough the stream I'm on a Comcast cable Downloads Interrupt connection that speed tests at Megs down and Meg Downloads Interrupt UpI disabled ZoneAlarm a few days Downloads Interrupt ago just running with the Windows firewall at the moment Spyhunter is showing my PC is free of any infections Here's my Hijack This log I'd appreciate any help you can offer --------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exeC DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C Program Files Google Google AdWords Editor xulrunner xulrunner exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http princecomm com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www gateway com g startpage html Ch TB amp M MX R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - A EA F- B - C - C- FE FE EA - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO no name - B D A-CA - D - C - D C D - C AntivirAsistant dllO - BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS system WLTRAYO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run ctf... Read more

A:Downloads Interrupt

Hello tf8252, Before we start, you need to realize that you are missing one important program on that computer: An antivirus.This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.You need to install an antivirus program as soon as you can and run a complete scan of the computer. I recommend you download the free Avast or AntiVir orAVG antivirus Products from all three vendors received the Virus Bulletin's VB100% award and certification for virus detection from ICSA Labs.Never install more than one antivirus scanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give you problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously! AVAST Home Edition User Guidehttp://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.htmlAlvira AntiVir User Manualhttp://www.free-av.com/en/documentation/index.htmlAVG antivirus User Manualhttp://free.avg.com/ww.download?prd=afe#tba3After you run the antivirus program, download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and Paste the entire Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly. If you encounter this message:"c:\program files\malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll Unable to register the dll/ocx: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x5" Click on ignore mbamext.dll

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170037/downloads-interrupt/
Relevancy 39.56%

Have a Samsung Snycmaster 205BW/204BW Syncmaster CX203BW/CX205BW (digital) purchased Sept 07. No problems ti about a month ago.
Monitor screen will go black for 5-10 seconds at random moments in random programs. I don't appear to lose my place or any data. Audio is also lost during this time frame. It appears to be occuring more often as time goes on and from time to time staying black for 2-3 extra seconds.
Have scanned using Spybot and Free AVG. Also use Mozilla Firefox as browser
Here are PC details courtesy of BelArc Advisor
OS Windows XP
Processor 2g Athlon 64
Drive 80g hard drive
System model Gateway D6405
RAM 1024m
Display Radeon 9200

Can furnish more specifics if required and told what and how to get them. Anybody got anything helpful for me?

MikeSt

A:Display Interrupt

These interruptions...these occur online only?You sure that video and audio are impacted every time?Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues?What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html Worth reading: http://www.hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1212217.htmlLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136988/display-interrupt/
Relevancy 39.56%

how can I check to see if my port interrupt is set properly? i cannot get my modem to work properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interrupt-port.1025768/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi there

I bought this system
::YoYo Tech::

At the beginning of the year and got regular blue screens after a couple of weeks. It's had several trips back to YoyoTech who claim there is nothing wrong with it. After a period where I got one BSOD per week, it's creeping back up to one a day. I'd really like to find a solution.

The message I get is "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval".

I attach the most recent minidump file. All help most gratefully received.

Cheers

Tom

A:Clock interrupt

Hi -

Bugcheck 0x101 = CPU hang

Usually caused by hardware failure; however, I have seen some where software is at fault.

Remove Elby and any other virtual devices for now.

The probable cause is listed as Unknown_Image, which often means that RAM or other hardware failure is affecting RAM's ability to properly hold kernel code.

Run memtest86+ one stick at a time; alternate the slots - http://www.sysnative.com/forums/showthread.php/3909-Test-RAM-With-Memtest86?p=28391&viewfull=1#post28391

Driver Verifier may help here if a driver is at fault - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

VM is another likely suspect.

Regards. . .

jgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Fri Nov 2 11:17:35.771 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\110212-20170-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333
System Uptime: 4 days 5:51:52.846
BugCheck 101, {19, 0, fffff88003189180, 7}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
Bugcheck code 00000101
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000019, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff88003189180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000007, 0.
BUGCHECK_STR: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_8_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3400
BiosVersion = 1850
BiosReleaseDate = 06/27/2011
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/clock-interrupt-673770.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Grr. It's stuck 30% into download and I can't get it to stop downloading. System is SOOOOOO SLOOOOOWWWW.

How can I cancel an auto update that is in the process of downloading an update I really dont want?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp3-how-to-interrupt-download.749119/
Relevancy 39.56%

After running Windows XP with no problems for a while I decided to upgrade to Win Ultimate x so I could use DX and play STALKER games on decent texture settings Everything s running fine except for the fact that I get Stutters Interrupt random stutters in my computer that activate when I launch any game even Plants Vs Zombies and go away eventually If I m still running the game the stutters will go away and come back later If I quit the game the stutters will last for the same amount Interrupt Stutters of time they would have if the game was still running then they won t return until I launch another game I spent a Interrupt Stutters long time falling down this rabbit hole and so far I ve been able to figure out it s for sure a driver issue it s for sure not my sound drivers and D acceleration doesn t affect it nor can I even turn on sound acceleration After finding that the quot Interrupts quot process in Process Explorer spikes during each stutter I learned of a nice program called RATTV that can supposedly find out what driver is causing this problem I tried my best to monitor during a spike and then during a calm period It only wanted to monitor something called quot Unknown quot and it had hundreds of thousands of DPCs and ISRs and all those things in a few seconds during the stutters and calm periods The average didn t change significantly I d like to not continue using RATTV to fix this problem because it was extremely glitchy and gave me no room to manipulate what it was doing EDIT Nevermind It appears to happen all the time regardless of games The stutters just pop up and leave EDIT I now find that every time I turn my monitor off and on during a stutter period the stutters stop early RefreshLock didn t help and there are no monitors for my driver so I don t know how I can fix this My monitor is the ASUS VK H and the stuttering occurs on HDMI and VGA EDIT Nevermind on the monitor thing nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interrupt-stutters.987606/
Relevancy 39.56%

Just moved my computer by car to a new location Since the move the mouse Lost Interrupt? pointer is rooted to one spot on the CRT it will not move and does not respond to a click I have replaced the mouse with a Logitech device if I boot Lost Interrupt? in Safe mode I get msg telling me that there is no mouse attached If I boot in normal mode I do not get an error msg but I still cannot use the mouse The boot process gets to a point where McAfee Virus checker is in control then the behaviour of the keyboard is unpredicatable Sometimes I can use shortcuts to close the virus checker down but most of the time the kb is locked out The machine will not respond to anything even a soft reboot I am currently trying to replace the mouse driver with a Logitech driver but it is is difficult because the kb doesn t always work I wonder whether the OS is losing an interrupt and I am contemplating upgrading the OS from Windows to Windows ME I do not have XP What do you think - is this hardware problem or software Will a new OS help This problem replces an earlier one Catch cannot use mouse or keyboard Can anyone help nbsp

A:Lost Interrupt?

Sounds more like you have your mosue and keyboard connectionns swapped on the back of the PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-interrupt.110662/
Relevancy 39.56%

hello guys,
I am using int video interrupt 10h to display a string hello world, but problem is it runs infinit loop and
terminate with error message, cpu encountered an illegual operation... will close.
here is main proc

Code:

.model compact
.stack 100h
.data
msg DB 'Hello World!', 0 ; null terminated string.
.code
main proc
mov ax,@data
mov ds,ax
mov bh,0
CALL printstring
mov ah,4ch
int 20
main endp

A:assembly interrupt 10h

code of procedure printstring
Code:

printstring PROC
mov si,offset msg ;moves offset of string defined in .data
next_char: ;label
CMP [SI], 0 ; check for zero to stop
JE stop ;
MOV AL, [SI] ; next get ASCII char.
MOV AH, 0Eh ; teletype function number.
INT 10h ; using interrupt to print a char in AL.
inc si ; advance index of string array.
JMP next_char ; go back, and type another char.
stop:
RET ; return to caller.
printstring ENDP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assembly-interrupt-10h.218940/
Relevancy 39.56%

I keep getting this blue screen of death whenever i play portal 2: a clock interrupt was not received on the secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

my system specs are:

990XA-UD3 Gigabyte mobo
AMD 3.60Ghz 8 core processor
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti
16 Gb RAM

please answer asap

A:Clock interrupt

Are you overclocking? Could be heat related. Try taking CPU temp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/clock-interrupt-649502.html
Relevancy 39.56%

how to fix this error message every time to both up the pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-o-card-interrupt-395758.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently did a clean install of Win 7 Ultimate. However I was having problems with registry and decided to do an upgrade re-install. It seems to be stuck at 63% transferring files, settings and programs for the past 6 hours.

Should I interrupt by powering off?

If I do this will I be able to get to my docs to save before doing a clean install?

Please help ASAP...going crazy

A:URGENT: Can I interrupt installation

Sounds like you don't have a choice at this point something has hung

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/50633-urgent-can-i-interrupt-installation.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I am on from Clock interrupt [BSOD] a clean install of Windows from previous W amp HDD crash see previous thread Yesterday I experienced my very first BSOD since the install And today it happened again Here's my computer Windows Ultimate Guenuine and not an update AMD FX- Asus Sabertooth FX R nVidia GeForce GTX Using NOD amp ZoneAlarm [BSOD] Clock interrupt along with Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware I read the minidumps with WhoCrashed and here's [BSOD] Clock interrupt the report Quote On Sun - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module rt win sys Rt win xA Bugcheck code x x x xFFFFF F x Error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT file path C Windows system drivers rt win sys product Realtek PCI PCIe Adapters company Realtek description Realtek NDIS -bit Driver Bug check description This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor in a multi-processor system was not received within the allocated interval This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver rt win sys Realtek NDIS -bit Driver Realtek Google query Realtek CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT As I write this I am Googleing quot Realtek CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT quot to see if I can find any info Everything is up to date BUT Windows Service Pack is NOT installed since it fails everytime using Windows Update to install it It hangs on quot Preparing to configure Windows quot and stays there Tried to hard reboot it no change Have to go in safe mode and wait for it to revert then reboot again I dont know if it has to do with something about my BSODs Thanks for input Maesen

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi everyone, I was getting a rather annoying BSOD that was preventing me from playing some games on my system, so I tried a reformat.

After reformatting I booted up League of Legends (the game I play the most) and after about 10-12 minutes of playing this BSOD will pop up. I'm running an OEM x64 ultimate, I think i've got 2 gigs of ram running on a AMD 5200 dual core clocked at 2.61ghz, My vid card is a Nvidia geforce GTX 260. I have a creative X-Fi extreme gamer sound card, and I have a sneaking suspicion it might have something to do with the BSOD's. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Geoff

A:Interrupt Exception Not Handled

It's late if this is unresolved in the morning I will check your dump files. The first step in any problem on a overclocked system is to remove the clock on it though. It may have been stable for years, it's really beside the point. When a problem pops up, it's the first thing that has to go to properly trouble shoot.

As I said if you remove the clock and the problem continues, I'll have a look at the dump in the morning. ...it's late now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144696-interrupt-exception-not-handled.html
Relevancy 39.13%

This happened last night while I was playing borderlands 2. In the middle of the game it froze, blackscreened, and my monitor shut it self off. I tried clicking the mouse, keyboard, and turning the monitor off and back on again, but it didn't work. So I restarted my computer, got to my desktop, and checked task manager. It said System Interrupts is taking 100% of my cpu, and still is right now. I'm thinking borderlands 2 could have caused it somehow, since it was repeatedly freezing and unfreezing for the couple hours prior I was playing it, and at some points my graphics card's fan was very loud. Any thoughts on what I might be able to do to fix it?

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-interrupt-taking-100-cpu.1158561/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Folks.

I recently had my motherboard fail on me and i had to go and get a new one.

I had an ASUS A8N-E which died, so i went out to buy something similar to it. I bought a A8V-E SE, and it works great.

heres the problem,

Every time i start windows, it finds new hardware "System Interupt Controller" and i have to just keep ignoring it because i cant find any drivers for it.....

Anyone know what to do here?
Thanks a lot,

-Luke

A:System Interrupt Controller.

Did you load all drivers from the CD accompanying the board?http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=771807Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113116/system-interrupt-controller/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

I recently installed windows 7 Home Premium x64 from XP (did a custom ijnstall) Everything seems to be fine until I download. (Downloading my games from steam and even browsing youtube)

My CPU will randomly shoot up to 80 - 100% and my linksys usb internet adapter will stop functioning and disconnect me from the internet. I have to reboot my computer to get everything back to normal. I am at a loss at what to do. I also noticed that the high usage in my CPU is coming from system interrupts. Anyone out there know solutions to fix this?

A:System Interrupt while downloading

Update driver for it if available.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33558-system-interrupt-while-downloading.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Im using a
gigabye ex58-ud5 mobo
corei7 920 cpu
3 gig corsair 1333 mhz ram (locked at 1066 cos of intel supporting faster speeds only on the 1000$ processor)
geforce 8800 GTS 640 mb
2 7200 rpm Seagate barracuda 200 gig hdds in raid0
now in my device manager ive got 9 items in other devices which are listed as not having drivers installed, and theyre all called system interrupt controller.

anyone have any idea what this is?

and for some reason despite being on raid0 my windows experience index is bottlenecking the final score saying the hdd rating is only 3.0, and my ram is only at 5.5 whereas in vista it was 5.9

if anyone has any ideas about either issue please let me know, thanks guys

A:system interrupt controllers?

Hi, sidsrvnn, and welcome to the forums.

For the System Interrupt Controller, I'd look around to see if you are missing some critical (or non critical) drivers from Gigabyte for the motherboard....it may not have actually installed all drivers if you ran it off the CD, so download the drivers from GigaByte's website.

As for the HD issue, I know the answer for that right now - I use a pair of 'Cudas (500 GB 32MB Cache, the 7200.11 drives) and had the same problem - see http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...html#post10171 - that should solve your low WEI disk score *and* performance issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1674-system-interrupt-controllers.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a program running in the background and I want that program to be able to get the attention of the operator. The operator might have a spreadsheet or any other application filling the screen.
One neat way might be to have the program send him an e-mail and then have outlook set to notify him. Does someone know how to send an email from within a VB program. This person doesn't have an inhouse mail server if that makes any difference.

Any ideas on another way to notify the operator?

Ted

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interrupt-notify-operator.104448/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi

Recently im having preety random bsod with error:
"a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

I searched google and this forum, and tryed all things i could find. But problem still remains and im getting flustrated more and more : (

i uninstaled demontools (along with the sptd.sys driver), reinstaled video drivers, updated some of asus drivers (otherwise im using windows update to keep everything up to date), i buyed new ram, did sfc /scannow, did chkdsk /r, runned driver verifier about 50 times now and still no resoults. I havent instaled nothing new in hardware or software. Can someone help me ?

A:bsod (a clock interrupt was not ...)

Please provide this info for a more detailed analysis: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Troubleshooting steps for the Clock Watchdog Timeout error (STOP 0x101): STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg - Windows 7 Forums

Most likely the error is caused by the outdated version of ASACPI.sys installed on your system (it comes from Windows Update). Please visit this link at the Asus website to download the latest version for your motherboard. The driver is the 3rd one under the Utilities section and is called "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit": http://support.asus.com/download/dow...us&model=M2N-E

Another common cause of BSOD's in Win7 is the sptd.sys driver in Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%. Please uninstall that program immediately, and then use this free tool to ensure that the sptd.sys driver has been removed from your systetm: DuplexSecure - FAQ

Your mouse driver is very old (from 2007) and could also be causing problems. Please uninstall the mouse software and reboot to see if that helps.

It's also possible that COMODO is causing problems, but we'll leave that until last as I didn't spot anything that obviously points to it.

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

nvstor.sys Fri Mar 19 16:45:11 2010 (4BA3E257)
winhv.sys Sat Nov 20 04:20:02 2010 (4CE792C2)
vmbus.sys Sat Nov 20 04:57:29 2010 (4CE79B89)
sptd.sys Tue Nov 23 06:47:37 2010 (4CEBA9D9)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jan 13 03:27:08 2011 (4D2EB75C)
nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008 (48F8FD12)
PdiPorts.sys Sat Jun 21 21:01:19 2008 (485DA45F)
ADIHdAud.sys Thu Jan 03 09:57:39 2008 (477CF7E3)
nvhda64v.sys Tue Sep 07 16:08:40 2010 (4C869BC8)
LGPBTDD.sys Wed Jul 01 14:47:52 2009 (4A4BAF58)
whfltr2k.sys Fri Jan 26 03:04:37 2007 (45B9B615) - Presenter/Trust Mouse 14831 USB Lower Filter Driver
dump_nvstor.sys Fri Mar 19 16:45:11 2010 (4BA3E257)
adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 16:52:37 2008 (48640195)
cpuz134_x64.sys Fri Jul 09 07:16:58 2010 (4C37052A)
LGVirHid.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
LGBusEnum.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)
cmdguard.sys Wed Jan 05 12:10:43 2011 (4D24A613)
nvlddmkm.sys Sat Oct 16 13:12:46 2010 (4CB9DD0E)
nvBridge.kmd Sat Oct 16 13:06:16 2010 (4CB9DB88)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvstor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#winhv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#sptd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#dtsoftbus01.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvm62x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#PdiPorts.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ADIHdAud.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvhda64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#LGPBTDD.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#dump_nvstor.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#adfs.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#cpuz134_x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#LGVirHid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#LGBusEnum.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ASACPI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#cmdguard.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvBridge.kmd
... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-a-clock-interrupt-was-not-586548.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello Been using Win -bit only for a couple of weeks since picking up a new possible problem..? interrupt keyboard PC Acer Aspire m at Christmas It was running great out possible keyboard interrupt problem..? of the box but in this past week it has started to act up There are several problems which I hope are all associated I possible keyboard interrupt problem..? had a look at this thread because it seemed to show some of the symptoms that I'm seeing but that user has a Dell and the thread was never resolved Here's what's wrong constant keyboard interrupt about every second for example if I type within the run open box I only get a couple of letters entered before the text is automatically highlighted so it's subsequently erased as I continue to type screen saver never kicks in non-active windows quot flash quot on the desktop for example the chrome browser I'm using is solid blue along the top of the window when active but when it's no longer in the forefront it turns grey as expected But then will flash between blue and grey repeatedly if I right-click on the desktop and select 'personalize' it brings up the personalization settings As I use the middle mouse wheel to scroll down through the themes section every second it will jump back up to the top of the window start menu acts really odd -- for example I click on Start then All Programs Once I click on a folder i e Accessories the subfolder opens briefly and then the Start menu closes on its own Same goes if I hit the Start button and then click on the arrow next to 'shut down' -- nothing happens the Start menu just closes When this first began to happen last week I did a system restore back several days which didn't seem to work at first But then it seemed to fix itself I know this sounds odd but that's the best way I can explain it But it's cropped up again and I'm not sure if I should step back through several more restore points to see if any recent Windows updates have lead to this problem Under text services and input languages my keyboard is listed as US Canadian multilingual standard Canadian French Then there's a nd section called quot Other quot and it lists Ink Correction bit only As I said this was working fine out of the box so I'm stumped Acer has no specific driver that I can download to see if this is the issue Also did a full virus scan and nothing has cropped up Thanks for any assistance Brad

A:possible keyboard interrupt problem..?

Hit start, and type cmd. Right click on command prompt and choose "Run as Admin".
Then type sfc /scannnow

What is the result?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/136492-possible-keyboard-interrupt-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently purchased the following pc components and built myself a gaming rig GIGABYTE GA-P C-DS R Intel Core Duo Desktop Socket MHz FSB DDR MHz ATX Motherboard INTEL Core Duo E GHz FSB MHz M LGA l BX E Processor OCZ OCZ RPR C GK GB PC - DDR - DDR Memory ULTRA Lifetime Series LS W Power Supply MSI NX GT-T D E OC Geforce GT Stutter Controllers Interrupt due PC to MB GDDR PCI Express Video Card Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB SATA MB s MB Cache RPM Hard Drive COOLER MASTER CAC-T -UB Centurion Case I plugged everything in and brought the machine up I loaded the OS Windows XP Pro and applied all the patches and service packs I downloaded the newest video drivers for my video card and made sure all my other hardware had the latest drivers I then loaded my favorite game Lotro and PC Stutter due to Interrupt Controllers began playing it I was in love This machine worked like a champ for at least the first week PC Stutter due to Interrupt Controllers After a week or so I noticed that if I left the machine on for more than - hours it would develop a quot stutter quot the sound would stutter the mouse would stutter across the screen anything you were doing would stutter etc and it seemed very weird If you reboot the machine the stutter would go away for another couple of hours I started thinking that it might be heat related so I loaded nTune to monitor all of the internal temperatures I did not see any getting very high - c across all the components I could not monitor the temperature of the northbridge so I made sure that it had a large heatsink on it OEM and then I added a mm case fan directly above it pulling the heat out the side of the case The problem still persisted I even ran the nTune system stability tests for an hour to see if I could cause the machine to overheat I could not The machine stays relatively ice cold inside I began doing some internet research and found another guy with a similar problem He said that his machine had the stutter about minutes after startup He would open task manager and could see a few system processes all trying to use the processor at the same time and his processor would jump to like for a split second every second or so almost like a heartbeat Sounded a lot like mine I waited for my system to have the stuttering issue again I opened task manager and could see the processor jump to for a split second every second or two but the System Idle Process showed as using of the processor completely idle even though the CPU was at momentarily I downloaded Process Explorer from Microsoft I ran it and found that the System Interrupt controller was the culprit Every time the CPU would jump to the System Interrupt Controller would jump to also Now I am thinking it is a motherboard issue I examine my BIOS and find that I am running version F and the manufacturer is up to version F So I go ahead and Flash my BIOS to version F The machine runs for an entire day without an issue Today it started stuttering again with the same issue The System Interrupt Controller I am at a loss as to what else I can try Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I ve had a problem with my wireless internet for quite some time now and I m trying to find a solution My situation is that my wireless router is located downstairs and my computer is located upstairs I regularly suffer a drop in signal at about - minute intervals where my internet goes down I ve recently come off the phone with someone from DELL who has informed me that I have a faulty router of which he saw when he was Problem Connection Interrupt fixing my computer with Remote Access Apart from that I ve been given many solutions to the Connection Interrupt Problem problem but have never been sure of which path to take I need to know the cheapest solution and one that is pretty efficient My ISP informs me that my router is no longer under warranty so I can t replace it without paying or upgrading for a new one my ISP being BT So I need some suggestions should I buy a new router and if so is it expensive or should I buy a wire which runs downstairs to my router Any other suggestions will be welcome nbsp

A:Connection Interrupt Problem

Change ISP's, they'll probably give you a new router.

I think I'd first try changing the channel on the wireless router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-interrupt-problem.686080/
Relevancy 39.13%

Windows 7 shuts down with message "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the alloted time interval."

I have an EliteGroup A780GMA motherboard.

A:BSOD - clock interrupt

Please download BlueScreenView BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378652/bsod-clock-interrupt/
Relevancy 39.13%

Dell Studio XPS mt OS - Windows Home Premium x Age of system - 'Clock BSOD interrupt...' months Age of OS installation - month CPU - BSOD 'Clock interrupt...' Intel Core i GHz Video Card - Nvidia GTX Sound Card BSOD 'Clock interrupt...' - Creative PCI-e Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio MotherBoard - X Power Supply - Antec TruePower New TP- ATX V V Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB the factory HD When I first owned the computer it never crashed This is because it only gives the BSOD when I am running a lot of applications and I just recently started to game again For the most part I slapped on all these upgrades within a short period of time My first BSOD happened when I was playing WoW and had Media Player Classic running on the secondary monitor The sound began to distort and the processes seemed to chop up I updated the video card and sound card drivers and there was no change I disabled the onboard sound via the BIOS setup I also did a format and clean install of Win No change I have been running it with the case open for the past few months because I thought it was a heating problem I'm not sure if it helps or not I will also get a hard drive click every so often It hangs for a second or two and everything will continue to run as normal from there on out until the next click I did some research and read that it could be a possible BIOS problem I flashed to latest and that did make a noticable improvement but it did not fix the problem Now I AM able to run WoW Media Player Classic Itunes and a bunch of Internet Explorer tabs with no problems However I get the BSOD when I run WoW and Starcrat Beta at the same time The sound will start to distort and not long after the BSOD will appear with the quot Clock interrupt quot message

A:BSOD 'Clock interrupt...'

upgrade

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...corsair%2b750w

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-clock-interrupt-463409.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I m in the midst of a hard drive recovery using gddrescue on Zorin Ubuntu variant Both the source and destination drives are connected internally to my tower and neither is the os drive Neither are mounted I m a very advanced windows user well into my first year in Linux getting my bearings ok by Need and with help resume interrupt ddrescue now but still very new to using terminal in advanced ways The source drive may be failing but then again it Need help with ddrescue interrupt and resume may not I checked the SMART readout on the drive and it displays quot PASSED quot Not taking chances I m assuming drive failing but may be some other problem Symptom was drive slow to mount and change directories certain files and folders started going missing or inaccessible ddrescue seemed like the best tool for the job but struggling with the commands After extensive forum surfing and many false starts why isn t there a straightforward step-by-step tutorial and good documentation on this important program anywhere and complete Need help with ddrescue interrupt and resume failure to get DDRescue-GUI to work I managed to get the recovery underway I used this string sudo ddrescue -d -f -r dev sdc dev sdb logfile -d to go direct to drives and leave them unmounted -f because it was being finicky about over writing to my empty designated new destination partition Both source drive and destination partition are tb total over tb of actual data on source probably around tb It s been running days now and starting to slow down a lot Current stats rescued MB errsize MB errors current rate B s average rate kB s time since last successful read s rates dropping steadily over last day but no stoppages or failure to read it has been unavoidable to use other programs on this system during recovery I want to try to interrupt recovery now reboot computer then resume recovery I hope this will help with the speed of progress and give drives time to cool down and rest The problem is I m hesitant to do this because I m not certain I created the logfile properly and I don t want to lose my progress I configured my commands as above based on a forum post but then noticed other discussions showed people naming the logfile logfile logfile or logflie log or even specifying the location for the logfile which I wish I had known how to do Here are my questions By using the simple command quot logfile quot after designating the source and destination drives have I successfully insured that a logfile will be created or not If not what options do I now have to create one interrupt and resume If so how do I determine the default location of the logfile Given the commands I used to start the recovery what would be the correct commands be to start the resume Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need help with ddrescue interrupt and resume

used this string: sudo ddrescue -d -f -r2 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdb1 logfileClick to expand...

For those not familiar,

SUDO is a control means in Linux to access various commands.
/dev/sdc1 /dev/sdb1 are Linux device names
DON'T use ^C <control c> to interrupt the process (which is sigint or kill -2)

kill: use one of these in this order of preference:
-3 SIGQUIT
-17,19,23 all are SIGSTOP
-15 SIGTERM

-2 SIGINT
-9 SIGKILL (brute force and likely will cause corruptions)
The man page is online here.

One comment I found was

Always use a logfile. This allows you to resume an interrupted image at the point you left off, or to retry bad sectors after an initial pass. Without a logfile, you will have to start over again!Click to expand...

so it appears that the program is designed to be restarted Just use exactly the same logfile

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-ddrescue-interrupt-and-resume.210730/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi:
Modem doesn't disconnect when someone calls.
Have panasonic cordless with answering machine built in,dial-up,Modem is motororola data,fax,voice,
Computer is compaq deskpro win2k,doesn't disconnect if *70, is there or not.
If try to activate phone modem still doesn't disconnect
.Thank you

A:ISP doesn't interrupt when someone calls

Do you have the phone line going through the modem and then to the phone?

Its been a while since I used dial up and my memory is fuzzy, but I think I can get you through this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isp-doesnt-interrupt-when-someone-calls.401887/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am building a new computer with an msi kt400 ultra fisr board,AMD 2100 xp processor, 2 sticks of crucial 256 ram, tow WD 40 gb hard disks and a cd-rw. I have power to the board, Monitor works, floppy works. My problem is this. The bios recognizes the hard drives, but when I boot up and the bios checks for the drives, it says "not detected". I also get a message saying I have an error on interrupt 13. I need help. I can't load windows, format drives or anything else until I get this solved. The bios is AMI. Does anyone have an answer for this problem?

A:[SOLVED] interrupt 13 problem

Did you try booting up with the floppy disk that came with the drive?

Also, are both WD drives on the same cable? If so, be certain the jumper settings are correct, as they are different when there's two together, rather than the normal slave/master settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-interrupt-13-problem.136809/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a new Dell OptiPlex Gx that has been crashing with Blue Screens from Day I ran the Interrupt dump.exe Help results dump exe and here is the output I know it s either a bad device driver or bad software but what is it I need the specifics so I can resolve this once and for all Here s the dump exe results ----- bit Kernel Mini Dump Analysis DUMP HEADER MajorVersion f MinorVersion a DirectoryTableBase a c PfnDataBase e PsLoadedModuleList c PsActiveProcessHead MachineImageType c NumberProcessors BugCheckCode c BugCheckParameter BugCheckParameter cd BugCheckParameter c BugCheckParameter e d PaeEnabled KdDebuggerDataBlock c e MiniDumpFields dff TRIAGE DUMP Help Interrupt dump.exe results ServicePackBuild SizeOfDump ValidOffset fffc ContextOffset ExceptionOffset d MmOffset UnloadedDriversOffset a PrcbOffset ProcessOffset c ThreadOffset CallStackOffset SizeOfCallStack c DriverListOffset fd DriverCount StringPoolOffset f StringPoolSize c BrokenDriverOffset TriageOptions TopOfStack bacebc c DebuggerDataOffset d DebuggerDataSize DataBlocksOffset ab DataBlocksCount Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatib Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Wed Mar System Uptime days start end module name d e nt Checksum EE F Timestamp Tue Dec F Unloaded modules bac bac Cdaudio SYS Timestamp unavailable bac bac d Flpydisk SYS Timestamp unavailable bac bac Fdc SYS Timestamp unavailable Finished dump check THANKS nbsp

A:Help Interrupt dump.exe results

Call Dell its under waranty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-interrupt-dump-exe-results.553568/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys;
I have seen older posts with this same problem way back to 07.
I built my system with AMD 9850BE and an ASUS M4N78 Pro MOBO Win7/ 64 with 2GB DDR2 dual channel RAM by Corsair (XMS2).
All has been just fine until 8/28. Suddenly I get this message constantly. I have tried reseating MEM.
reloading BIOS. this system will hang in WIN repair and all diagnostics!
I have a 600Watt PS. ANd more fans than God...

My system is now so unstable that I can't even get to this forum so I resurected my old HP.

I have not seen any fixes in old threads on this issue. Can someone please help?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/did-not-receive-clock-interrupt-amd-9850.949414/