Windows Support Forum

CPU fan running top speed and computer won't boot even in BIOS, no screen

Q: CPU fan running top speed and computer won't boot even in BIOS, no screen

I have a Dell Optiplex GX and I have had some freezing issues and it has wanted to reboot on it s own for no reason frequently I thought it was some malware that I couldn t detect so I was in the process of backing up my system when the really bad problem came up Now when I try to reboot the computer the cpu fan runs faster than I have ever heard it It sounds like it will literally fly apart it is running so fast I can get no screen whatsoever and it will not boot not even in bios I have read several posts about boot problems but I haven t seen anything about the cpu fan running so fast When I try to boot the computer the light even in boot speed no BIOS, CPU screen won't computer running and fan top comes on it the front and of course the cpu fan comes on but no monitor signal and no boot at all I have no control to try and help it It has the fan shroud like the Dell s are popular about having but I have removed it with no luck and put it back on Once the fan came on normally and it booted up but I ran Tune Up Utilities to check the system and it crashed while running the scan I haven t been able to boot it in any way again When I push CPU fan running top speed and computer won't boot even in BIOS, no screen the button to start it all I get is the cpu fan running full force and I mean like nothing I have heard before I can let it set for a while and it makes no difference I am running a sata gig hard drive and sticks of gig each ddr ram I recently had trouble with a video card that I had used for as long as I ve had the computer and removed it but now my problems are worse My power supply is only a watt that came with the computer I have tried removing and changing the ram memory but no effect If anyone can help me please do because I have a problem that keeps me home bound and the internet such as e-bay etc is my only income and I don t even have a backup I am using a friends computer to post this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-running-top-speed-and-computer-wont-boot-even-in-bios-no-screen.156734/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CPU fan running top speed and computer won't boot even in BIOS, no screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.94%

Did system manual check up and found that all devices in bios are diabled. every thing runs good. Can set divices as needed. everything works good, just can't inable the devices. No error messages. found by accident during system check. More worried if something does happen. no bootable devices. Bios stated devices in parenthses disabled. Who figure?

A:all boot devices are disabled in bios. computer running fine

If the system boots and loads a OS your information/review can't be accurate.Answers are only as good as the information you provide.How to properly post a question: Sorry no tech support via PM's

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/all-boot-devices-are-disabled-in-bios-computer-running-fine/202963.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

Here is what I have:

Biostar k8m800 motherboard
Sempron 1.8 ghz processor
2 gig ddr2 ram
200 gig SATA Seagate harddrive
Geforce 6600 agp video card

It has been working fine since I've built it about 4 months ago. This morning I restarted it. Now all it does is go through the award bios screen then restarts. I did nothing that i know of to cause this. I've cleared the cmos and put back the settings i had before and it still is just rebooting. Any help would be appreciated.

A:computer restarts after bios boot screen

Welcome to TSF....

I would suggest to replace the CMOS battery and then reboot the computer and reset the BIOS then....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-restarts-after-bios-boot-screen-295451.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm running a Dell Dimension 2400 under Windows XP, and seemingly out of nowhere while searching on google, the whole computer shut off. Now, I get the BIOS loading screen, then it all goes to black and stays black. No mouse icon, no text cursor on the screen, nothing. I tried booting in safe mode but that didn't work. If there's any help anybody can provide on trying to get this up and running I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

A:Computer won't boot up past BIOS screen

Please try the following:Download NTBR_CD.exe and create a bootable CD. * Save the file to your Desktop and double-click it. This will create a folder named NTBR_CD. * Open the folder and locate BurnItCD. Launch it by double-clicking it. * When BurnCDCC opens, click Start - the CD tray will open. * Insert blank CD and click OK. * The tray will close, burn the image then eject the disk.Run chkdsk. * Boot the affected computer with the new CD. * Once presented with the boot screen please hit <ENTER> to boot from CD. * After a warning screen there is a keyboard language options screen - press <ENTER> to leave it at EN-US. You should now be at the Tool options screen. * Type 5 and press <ENTER> to go to a command prompt. At the command prompt type the following bolded command then press <ENTER> tools\ntfs4dos\chkdsk You will be prompted (in German) to press Enter. * Press <ENTER> to start the check disk utility. Check Disk will check all attached drives and attempt to correct any errors. Please make a note of any errors found or corrections made. * When it completes type "menu" and press <ENTER> to return to the tools menu. * Type 6 and press <ENTER> to quit, then Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.Allow the computer to attempt booting normally and let me know the outcome.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365328/computer-wont-boot-up-past-bios-screen/
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm horrible with computers so I don't really know anything about my computer except that it's a Dell Dimension E and has Vista Home Premium My problem is that when I (blank boot won't screen after Computer BIOS) start my computer after the BIOS loads and where it would normally go to a log in screen it just stays a blank screen no cursor or anything I tried loading it in safe mode and it just freezes at quot crcdisk sys quot and I also tried using system restore which says quot the disc OS c has errors and tries to repair it to no avail I also tried Computer won't boot (blank screen after BIOS) the Computer won't boot (blank screen after BIOS) quot Repair Your Computer quot thing and left that running Computer won't boot (blank screen after BIOS) for about hours and that didn't do anything and so I finally tried to reinstall Vista but I couldn't even do that the disc loads and lets me click install but it freezes after that I guess I should say when my problem started I clicked a youtube link and then some error came up saying I don't remember but it did say something about C not the disk but the code well after that error Firefox froze so I tried closing it through the task manager but it just said access denied so I tried to restart my computer but explorer was frozen so I had no choice but to use the power button after which my problem started Also in the system settings error log it says there's a POST error Keyboard error every time I try to restart my computer

A:Computer won't boot (blank screen after BIOS)

try another keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-wont-boot-blank-screen-after-bios-326071.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Ive got this old computer thats been working ok for years. i went out for a hour, and when i come back, its got the windows 2000 version of a bsod. its not the first time ive seen this screen, so i rebooted the computer. but when the motherboard's boot screen came up, i heard a click-whirr-beep sound eminate from the box. it sounds like it comes from the hard drive, im not sure though.
it then shows "f1 to retry boot f2 to setup" or something like that. f1 doesnt work, just reprints the same thing; f2 takes me to the bios.
any help would be appreciated.

oh, system specs: windows 2000 pro (i forget which service pack i last updated it to), p4 1.5ghz, 256 meg ram, geforce4 ti4200 64 meg video card, soundblaster live! value. its an old dell computer.

Relevancy 64.5%

the problem is when i boot up the computer, the busy light is constantly on and it will not show anything on the screen. i changed monitors and the same thing occurred, something is not allowing my computer to boot, maybe a virus, but how do i do a virus scan when the computer wont boot? i changed hard drives and the same thing occurred. i am sure that the problem is not monitor related but something else. all the wires and cords are connected and nothing seems obviously wrong. i put in a boot disk but it wont recognize it. any help would be great, if you guys need more information just ask, thanks
-jt

Relevancy 63.64%

Ok Trying to fix a friend's computer and seem to will SR... past boot Compaq Presario Computer screen, not bios have run into a rather strange snag Computer will not boot past bios screen, Compaq Presario SR... nbsp nbsp Problem nbsp The computer will not boot past the bios screen nbsp Details nbsp When you power on the computer the compaq logo with intel inside shows up and has the lt F Computer will not boot past bios screen, Compaq Presario SR... Setup gt and lt F System Recovery gt options listed as well nbsp And Computer will not boot past bios screen, Compaq Presario SR... this is about as far as the computer gets nbsp After this the whole computer is just locked up no buttons work on the keyboard no lights come on the keyboard ect ect nbsp I've tried mashing on the F key as soon as I power on the computer and I can manage to get it to say entering setup but it still freezes after this point nbsp I've already tried eliminating possible sources of problem all expansion cards removed HDD and Dvd Rom disconnected single memory module mb ddr only power vga and keyboard connected nbsp Ive also used the jumper on the motherboard to clear the cmos hoping that would solve the problem to no avail nbsp I've tried using a different stick of memory and different memory slot as well nbsp Tried using both a ps and a usb keyboard Ive even tried pulling out the jumper for the bios password protection even though it didn't have a password on it just trying anything I can think of nbsp nbsp The installed bios version is and that is about all I know about the computer at this point other than what the website tells me of it nbsp nbsp nbsp http h www hp com ewfrf wc product product amp lc en amp cc us amp dlc en amp submit y amp submit x amp lang en amp cc us lt -- link to the webpage for the model nbsp I am basically at a loss on this one so if anyone feels up to racking their brain on this one I would greatly appreciate it nbsp nbsp I've got a pretty strong knowledge of computer repair so feel free to give me anything to try nbsp nbsp If you need anymore info out of me let me know as well nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Computer will not boot past bios screen, Compaq Presario SR...

Try clearing the CMOS again but this time remove the CMOS battery and hold the power button in for a few seconds. Then replace the battery and try booting up again.  On the back of the pc is the PSU condition led green or flashing?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Computer-will-not-boot-past-bios-screen-Compaq-Presario/td-p/34102
Relevancy 63.64%

So lately i've had a few problems with my laptop fans where as soon as I start up the computer one of them just runs at full speed. Even tho the Laptop it self is not doing any heavy work, nor is hot at all. In task manager the computer doesn't show any tasks taking up high CPU usage, while HWiNFO tells me one of my two fans are running at full speed. Any idea what I could do to fix this issue?If you're missing some info just tell me and i'll hook you right up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-fan-running-full-speed-as-soon-as-bios-starts-up-no/td-p/5846161
Relevancy 62.78%

Last night I was working on a slideshow using windows movie maker in Vista I had trouble or boot Satellite up Vista won't in screen running my computer Toshiba and getting the software to recognize my video files for my camcorder so I was suggested to try and download codec so it could play my files I have no idea what I was doing but gave it a shot Even though the codec didn t work even after download I was still able to run my computer normally This morning I woke up and continued to work on my slideshow but my computer would not play my slideshow All it would do was play the audio and music files Everything else seemed to function so I decided to reboot My computer will reboot but now my screen is black It still quot functions quot I can see it changing different colors of black and grey as it is rebooting and I can hear all the audio that comes Toshiba Satellite running in Vista and my screen or computer won't boot up along with rebooting but I can t get my laptops screen to work I hooked up my desktop to my laptop to see if the monitor would work that way It worked for about sec and then turned black also I then rebooted and hit F and ran in safe mode with my desktop screen still connected I am able to run in safe mode but not reboot normally I think I downloaded some virus with that codec I then decided to unhook the desktop monitor and just hit F hoping the screen would show up on my laptop but that still won t work It remains black Now I am running in safe networking mode so I can find out what to do next I tried a system restore in safe mode but I think it only deleted windows updates and not anything else I cannot locate my toshiba restore CD as we moved a month ago and it is somewhere in a box So here I am I worked endlessly on a slideshow for christmas and cannot play it or finish it until my laptop is running again I also attempted a system restore during rebooting but I don t know my password for administrator and I tried a couple that I thought I would have used during setup but they weren t the right ones and so now it disabled me from running as administrator Can someone tell me what I can do Thanks so much nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite running in Vista and my screen or computer won't boot up

In safe mode Remove that codec pack you installed, use Contol Panel>Programs and Features.
If you really think it is an infection, (very possible) you will have to take it to a reputable PC repair shop for disinfection.

Meanwhile find your restore Disc, it may be needed.

" I have no idea what I was doing but gave it a shot." I hope you learn from this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-running-in-vista-and-my-screen-or-computer-wont-boot-up.781330/
Relevancy 61.06%

At turn on the fan goes full speed. There is nothing on the monitor and just stays that way. I have reseated the ram, the processor/heat sink and removed /replaced video/sound cards. Still nothing. Any suggestions? PC is a dell poweredge 420sc with 2gb ram, intel 3.2 pentium win xp.

Relevancy 58.91%

Computer won't boot after bios upgrade Quick history- computer was working but was dropped damaging hdd- verified hdd damage by removing it and connecting it to another computer- verified computer hardware still good by booting and using it from ubuntu live cd- purchased SSD- changed Bios HDD support to Legacy mode so I could install w - installed w bit professional- install went great computer booted in windows no lan or wifi yet missing drivers- downloaded drivers and bios update from HP site for my exact machine to USB stick using different machine- installed audio driver- installed bios update did not tamper with machine at all during BIOS update followed instructions exactly- after bios update nbsp s w said bios flash was complete computer just hung for min's- repowered machine only get black screen- holding down F while powering up gets white F BIOS Setup Options text in lower left corner of screen nothing else happens I tried holding the windows bios boot after upgrade bios or no Black menu screen and B key before powering then for a minute after powering several times nothing happened http support hp com us-en document c I repeated that procedure half a dozen times with and without a USB with the BIOS update software on it in a USB slot no difference nbsp nbsp Does my model support this key combination to load deffault BIOS settings nbsp Do I have any other options to unbrick my machine Any Black screen no boot or bios menu after bios upgrade advice is appreciated Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-boot-or-bios-menu-after-bios-upgrade/td-p/5635572
Relevancy 58.05%

When I boot up my T7500 I get the following messages.
Alert! Unable to initialize fan controller, Alert! Front chassis fan failure, Alert! Rear chassis fan failure, Alert! CPU 2 fan failure, Alert! Hard drive fan failure, Alert! Air temperature sensor not detected.  Select F1 to continue, F2 to run setup or F5 to run diagnostics.
If I select F1, the workstation boots up and the fans are running at full speed.
I've updated the bios & made sure all of the components are clean.
Any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996848
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I'm having a big issue with my high (No - BSOD) Black Fans running speed on Screen computer and seeking all the help i could get Many thanks in advance This issue started upon the first day of building my new computer I did not care about it due to the fact that it did not occur that often Maybe time a month not more The issue did also only appear when running Alpha games so did not reflect that much about it as it could be memory leaks etc in these Alpha games - Whats the issue Computer freezes and the display turns black with the fans running on highest speed All of the fans Any music game -sound in the background freezes and sounds like Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz This remains until i force a shut down No Minidumps are visible as this is not a bluescreen - Something iv'e noticed and could be worth mention The black screen got worse and more intense after i replaced my screens with a brand new Samsung inch curved display - I tried only a few Black Screen - Fans running on high speed (No BSOD) things thats within my reach Replacing the mems resetting the bios etc Nothing more - When connecting the computer to a low res tv x its working as intended no black screen Black Screen - Fans running on high speed (No BSOD) Here's my spec PSU EVGA PowerSupply PSU SuperNOVA G W CPU Intel Core i - K - threads GHz Ghz Turbo MB Socket Boxed w MB MSI Z Gaming MEM Corsair Vengeance GB DDR PC- MHz CL x GB GFX ASUS Geforce GTX Ti GB DirectCU II OC GTX TI-DC OC- GD Could it be GFX issue Or maybe PSU issue Best regards Andreas Many thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624653/black-screen-fans-running-on-high-speed-no-bsod/
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer is running at a turtles pace plus my Windows Media Player is not working but I can use Sonic or other programs to listen to music etc Maybe someone knows what the hell is going on I think my ex put a spy program on my comp because I ran McAfee and picked a bunch of up Maybe someone can help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Computer Turtle at Speed Running System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C PROGRA McAfee com Computer Running at Turtle Speed PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS system sdpasvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C Program Files QUICKENW QAGENT EXE C Program Files VVSN VVSN exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system mrtMngr EXE C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C PROGRA WEATHE Weather exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Sony SonicStage Omgjbox exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SsDbConnection exe C HJT HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SPTISRV exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cust search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Y... Read more

A:Computer Running at Turtle Speed

Greetings, and welcome to TSF!

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. If you have Windows XP, the search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that 'Search system folders', 'Search hidden files and folders', and 'Search subfolders' are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

===============

Download, then unzip to "C:\HJT", the newest version of HiJackThis; version 1.99.1. Then repost your log, either now, or after following the steps in the solution (if provided in this post). This version has features that might be more helpful in 'cleaning' up your system.

===============

Run HiJackThis then:

1. Click "Config..."
2. Click "Misc Tools"
3. Click "Open Process manager"

-

Next, while holding down the CTRL key, locate (if present) and click on (highlight) each of the following:

C:\Program Files\BearShare\BearShare.exe
C:\Program Files\VVSN\VVSN.exe

Now double-check and make sure that only those item(s) above are highlighted, then click "Kill process". Now, click "Refresh", check again, and repeat this step if any remain.

===============

Run HiJackThis and click "Scan", then check(tick) the following, if present:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus.../search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus.../search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...//www.yahoo.com

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BearShare] "C:\Program Files\BearShare\BearShare.exe" /pause
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VVSN] C:\Program Files\VVSN\VVSN.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System32Check] C:\WINDOWS\win32win.exe

Now, with all windows closed except HiJackThis, click "Fix checked".

===============

Locate and delete the following item(s), if present. Make sure your able to view system and hidden files/ folders:

folders...

C:\Program Files\BearShare
C:\Program Files\VVSN

files...

C:\WINDOWS\win32win.exe

-

Note that some of these file(s) may or may not be present. If present, and cannot be deleted because they're 'in use', try deleting them from "Safe Mode".

===============

Post back a new log and let us know how everything is running!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-running-at-turtle-speed-63079.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok, I'm just wondering if I'm geting what I should be able to get out of my computer.

I have a P4 3.2 l2 cache 1 mb
ATI AIW x800xt 256mb
160 gig maxtor 8mb buffer
1 gig samsung ram 400mhz
ASUS P4S8X-MX Mother board

I get around 60 - 70 FPS in Half-Life 2 CSS on most maps, but in cs_millitia It lags for the first 3 - 4 round then it starts running at about 50 fps.

Does that seem right?

EDIT* I forgot to mention I have all the settings on high, and 2x Anti Filter, and 4x AA.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I followed the instructions and posted my log below I m using a Dell Latitude D that was previously a company computer but is now only for personal use It is extremely slow and occasionally cites that system is running low on virtual memory among other things Any assistance would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP Computer @ speed running snail. of WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running Computer running @ speed of snail. processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar mstbsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files SafeBoot SBMGRNT EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - Hosts browser-security microsoft com O - Hosts antiwareprotect com O - Hosts www antiwareprotect com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar SupportCentral - E CA FCB- F - -... Read more

A:Computer running @ speed of snail.

Additional Details:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name T00397013
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Latitude D610
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1596 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A03, 3/2/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name PSAMER\501232966
Time Zone Mountain Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 164.27 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.20 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-speed-of-snail.850605/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey Been having some trouble with my computer s speed Here s the hijack this attach and dds logs The Gmer one was taking way too long so i running been Computer slow... speed has ll do it another time if it s Computer speed has been running slow... needed Thanks for any help The computer is a Gateway tablet with windows XP Logfile of Trend Micro Computer speed has been running slow... HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system Computer speed has been running slow... lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink KeyboardSurrogate exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WD Drive Manager WDDMService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare Front Parlor WDSmartWareBackgroundService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS System tabbtnu exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TCServer exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Professional amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M M -E R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www vt edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Professional amp Br GTW amp Loc E... Read more

Relevancy 57.19%

I was just wondering wondering what all I can do to keep my computer running as fast and as stable as possible. I am aware of the basics such as antivirus and spyware protection. I also run CCleaner regularly to keep my registry clean and keep unnecessary clutter from building up on various applications. Does anyone have any additional ways to keep everything running top notch? I am open to any and all ideas. Thanks!

Relevancy 56.33%

LOG AS REQUESTED BY BC ADVISOR UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Professional Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard LENOVO Base Board Product Name Processor Intel reg Pentium reg CPU P GHz CPU mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Speed Infected Computer Running somehow. at / Optimal Not Points RP Computer Not Running at Optimal Speed / Infected somehow. PM - ComboFix created restore point RP AM - AA RP PM - Installed QuickTime RP PM - Removed Java Update RP AM - Windows Update RP PM - Restore Operation Installed Programs Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader XI Apple Application Support Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition Bonjour Broadcom Wireless Driver CCleaner Conexant HD Audio CutePDF Writer DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLink Graphics Energy Management ESET Online Scanner v ETDWare PS -x WHQL iCloud InfraRecorder Intel reg Graphics Computer Not Running at Optimal Speed / Infected somehow. Media Accelerator Driver Intel reg Management Engine Components iTunes Java Update -bit Java Update Java Auto Updater Lenovo EasyCamera Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Media Player Classic - Home Cinema v Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C x Redistributable - Mozilla Firefox x en-US Mozilla Maintenance Service MSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver For Windows Vista and Later Realtek USB Card Reader Skype VLC media player Windows Driver Package - Broadcom Bluetooth Windows Driver Package - Broadcom Bluetooth Windows Driver Package - Broadcom HIDClass Windows Driver Package - Lenovo ACPIVPC System WinRAR -bit Event Viewer Messages From Past Week PM Error Service Control Manager - The Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The following corrective action will be taken in milliseconds Restart the service AM Error Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM - DCOM got error attempting to start the service VSS with arguments in order to run the server E AB F- CC - B -BED -DE FF AM Error Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM - DCOM got error attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments in order to run the server E B D-F A- D -B A - AM Error Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM - DCOM got error attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE AM Error Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM - DCOM got error attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments in order to run the server A D -C - D -A B - AD B AM Error Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM - DCOM got error attempting to start the service netman with arguments in order to run the server BA AD - - D -B D - FC E AM Error Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM - DCOM got error attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments in order to run the server BE F - - D -B - C FB AF AM Error Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM - DCOM got error attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments in order to run the server DD ACC-F - A-A - B B DC AM Error Service Control Manager - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AFD avc bdfwfpf CSC DfsC discache gzflt mbamchameleon NetBIOS NetBT nhrt nsiproxy Psched rdbss spldr tdx trufos vwififlt Wanarpv WfpLwf WJJxfKxJ ws ifsl AM Error Service Control Manager - The Workstation service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start AM Error Service Control Manager - The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the Ancillary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A ... Read more

A:Computer Not Running at Optimal Speed / Infected somehow.

Now the Disc drive is barely working. It sounds like (when i'm importing a CD) it sounds as if it's starting and stopping.

HELP PLEASE.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554287/computer-not-running-at-optimal-speed-infected-somehow/
Relevancy 56.33%

hi there HAPPY NEW YEAR i need help with my computer and very computer improve trying slowly running speed to its running very slowly and i dont know enough about quot hijackthis quot to go about it myself iv already used spybot and uniblue reg booster speed up my pc and spy eraser iv also swept for trojans using trojanremover and used avast to do a full sweep but it hasnt really worked please could you look at this log and give me some suggestions Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink Srvany exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink USBPNP exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WallpaperToy Wallpapertoy Exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files GuestMaster V GuestMaster exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Documents and Settings Francis Oliver Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tiscali R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO WebCGMHlprObj Class - B F - E - d -A - AD BA F - C WINDOWS cgmopenbho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helpe... Read more

A:computer running very slowly and trying to improve speed

No signs of malware.

How much RAM do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-very-slowly-and-trying-to-improve-speed.785865/
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer has at running hyper-speed Computer really glitchy and been acting really weird lately When I boot into Vista the loading bar Computer running really glitchy and at hyper-speed goes super glitchy and once Vista actually boots the computer kinda works but I can t double click on anything and if I try to type something the keyboard is basically like auto firing whatever letter I hit so I can t type anything correctly The insertion point thing that shows where your letters will be typed is also blinking super fast So I figured I would reformat I put in a boot disc to to see if the computer would run ok from CD but I have the same issue with the keyboard going at hyper speed and I also noticed the clock on the computer is running at like times regular speed The minutes hand is flying around at super speed Also the weird thing is that I also have a XP partition on the same hard drive and I can boot into XP fine weird Any thoughts nbsp

A:Computer running really glitchy and at hyper-speed

Do you have any type of anti-virus software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-really-glitchy-and-at-hyper-speed.967185/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys I m trying to help out a friend with her computer Sadly she is on the other side of the country so I don t have actual access to her computer I have a Hijackthis this log of her computer but not a GMER Is there any help you can give me with what I have Do you see anything I m missing Sorry if it looks weird the way she sent it to me took out all of the line breaks and I did my best edit it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode running Computer speed download at .5 poorly, MB NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe nCC Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Sony Computer running poorly, download speed at .5 MB Reader Data bin Launcher Reader Library Launcher exeC Windows SysWow Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Computer running poorly, download speed at .5 MB Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Windows sysWow SearchProtocolHost exeC Users stacer Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http slwhitman livejournal com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Computer running poorly, download speed at .5 MB Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Tool... Read more

A:Computer running poorly, download speed at .5 MB

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease download Rootkit Unhooker and save it to your DesktopDouble-click on RKUnhookerLE to run itClick the Report tab, then click ScanCheck Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the restClick OKWait until it's finished and then go to File > Save ReportSave the report to your DesktopCopy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345013/computer-running-poorly-download-speed-at-5-mb/
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer has been acting really weird lately When I running hyper-speed glitchy and at really Computer boot into Vista the loading bar goes super glitchy and once Vista actually boots the computer kinda Computer running really glitchy and at hyper-speed works but I can't double click on anything and if I try to type something the keyboard is basically like auto firing whatever letter I hit so I can't type anything correctly The insertion point thing that shows where your letters will be typed is also blinking super fast So I figured I would reformat I put in a boot disc to to see if the computer would run ok from CD but I have the same issue with the keyboard going at hyper speed and I also noticed the clock on the computer is running at like times regular speed The minutes hand is flying around at super speed Also the weird thing is that I also have a XP partition on the same hard drive and I can boot into XP fine weird Any thoughts

A:Computer running really glitchy and at hyper-speed

Given a problem this strange, I have to ask - are you sure your copy of Vista is legitimate?

You may want to check such - http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-running-really-glitchy-and-at-hyper-speed-534226.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have tried everything that I can think of. I am still having problems with my computer running at below normal speeds for example. I bought the SIMS2 the other day and it requires an 800 Mhz Processor mine is 1.7 Ghz it requires 256 Meg Ram I have 384 Megs and at least an 8 speed Cd drive I have a 48X. It ran so slow I couldn't do anything it was so Choppy and erratic that I finally decided to try loading it on my kids PC to see what would happen they have 256 megs of ram a 48X cd Drive and only a 450 Mhz Pentium 2 processor. Remember it requires at least an 800Mhz processor. The game runs perfectly with an occasional skip in the game play that is barely noticeable. Now please tell me how that is possible. Thank you in advance for your responses

A:Problem with Computer running at below average Speed

Do you have a real-time checking Antivirus program installed?

Also have a look in MSConfig, to see what programs are always running. If you can, report that here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-running-at-below-average-speed.15508/
Relevancy 56.33%

so today i cleaned my pc took everything apart and clean..so i put everything back together, plug all the cables, and then i turn it on, never before has this happened, fans start up so fast and loud even though my cpu usage is at 21% and somehow my internet is slower than before

anyone have an idea of what i did or what is happening?

A:computer fans running at high speed

make and model of pc - is this a desktop or laptop you took apart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-fans-running-at-high-speed.940051/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have speedtest to see how fast the wifi is working but how can I tell if my laptop or pc is running as fast as it should I did a search and all I find is quot stuff quot to make my computer run faster supposedly but nothing that I find says it can show me if my CPU central processing unit is working like it should I don t understand if it s the wifi or my computer that is slow sometimes What do you guys do to know if you are running at the speed you should be My info is in my signature Thanks for any help anyone can give me My computer is working fine but my sister is always complaining her s is slow So if I understand this better myself I can tell her I can do speedtests My Computer I Pc Is Fast Running How Find Can Cpu/speed, for her but like I said I need to understand CPU and if I could download something to run and check if her computer is doing all it should be or as fast as it should be I ll insert a photo of her computer info below as well She has an HP Desktop Computer Cpu/speed, Can I Find How Fast My Pc Is Running see attachment thanks again denise nbsp

A:Computer Cpu/speed, Can I Find How Fast My Pc Is Running

Figures, I just found this, https://www.reference.com/technology/can-test-speed-computer-processor-19081d8c9455d583

So anyone have a recommend on any of this software to test CPU? Thanks guys, I'll check in the a.m. to see if anyone replied

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/computer-cpu-speed-can-i-find-how-fast-my-pc-is-running.309890/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Sorry first time poster I wasn t too sure whether to post to the Windows forums or hardware forums From what I can see this seems like a hardware issue of some sort The problem I have is that during bootup my PC goes through all the normal things It detects my CPU detects RAM etc gives me nice BIOS Post messages that appear normal and then goes to a black screen It will then sit there for seconds i ve timed this twice and then proceed to go to the windows post BEFORE Boot: message, boot After Stalls on BIOS PC screen windows XP startup screen which takes about another - seconds to load up windows I ve attempted to log the bootups by using the Windows Boot logger by pressing F before windows boots PC Stalls on Boot: After BIOS post message, BEFORE windows boot screen The ntbtlog txt file isn t very descriptive and only lists that a whole lot of drivers have been loaded and some that haven t it doesn t list any errors I ve also tried using BootVis to analyse the bootup I found this a little hard to decode the information it gave me but there doesn t seem to be anything untoward happening The last boot logger I tried was bootLog XP by greatis software According to bootlog XP windows is only taking seconds to load up Can anyone suggest any other ways to analyse the boot sequence and discover where my computer is stalling specs are below Thanks in advance Matt CPU AMD Sempron Socket unsure whether it is Paris or Palermo core MBoard Foxconn NF K AB-RS HD WD Gb Graphics Innovision GS RAM Mb Hyundai Hynix DVD LG GSA- B nbsp

A:PC Stalls on Boot: After BIOS post message, BEFORE windows boot screen

check the boot order in bios

make sure fast boot is on and make sure that your first or second boot option is your hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-stalls-on-boot-after-bios-post-message-before-windows-boot-screen.52620/
Relevancy 56.33%

So i was playing Doom 3 and the game crashed so badly that i had to restart my computer (im running Vista 64bit by the way) and upon restarting it, it gets to the BIOS screen but after that it just goes black and nothing happens, i have tried the F8 thing but all that brings me to is this boot menu, but not advanced boot options, i have also tried pressing F8 or F5 after i selected hard disk from that boot menu, still nothing happens. So i cant access "restore to last good system configuration" because F8 doesnt take me to the right menu to do so. Also i dont have a vista install disk so am i SOL and have to just get another disk or upgrade to windows 7? or is there some other way to do this? Any help is appreciated!

A:Cant boot past BIOS screen, no Advanced boot options menu

Let's first see if this is a hardware problem. Try these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-boot-past-bios-screen-no-advanced-boot-options-menu-495573.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have recently yesterday reinstalled windows XP pro on my pc my boot time has increased and i was wondering if i could do anything about this Originally it took one scroll of the splash and instantly it was at the welcome screen Now it takes over to load and then wgalogon dll takes a while to execute before i can select a user Here is HJT log if there are any other problems i would welcome boot to Speed up screen greatly appreciate it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost Speed up boot to welcome screen exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcScnSrv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS VistaDrive VistaDrive exe C Speed up boot to welcome screen WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Speed up boot to welcome screen system msiexec exe C Program Files Utilities Analyze exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO IE x- x BHO for Internet Download Accelerator - A - C A- C - A A- FB F F B - C PROGRA IDA idaiehlp dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run VistaDrive C WINDOWS VistaDrive VistaDrive exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security pccguide exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKLM Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - Extra context menu item Download ALL with IDA - C Program Files IDA idaieall htm O - Extra context menu item Download with IDA - C Program Files IDA idaie htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Internet Download Accelerator - CC E- - D - CD - C DA AC C - C Program Files IDA ida exe O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Internet Download Accelerator - CC E- - D - CD - C DA AC C - C Program Files IDA ida exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Cla... Read more

A:Speed up boot to welcome screen

malware notwithstanding, one excellent app to help speed up boot times is ntregopt. This is available from majorgeeks.com, and will compress the registry (one should never use a auto-cleaner that actually touches the registry keys; any cleaning should be done manually by someone who knows what they are doing) but ntregopt, as I mentioned, will compress the registry significantly.

You can also look into pagedefrag, from sysinternals. I've got both running on my machine, and can go from up and running, reboot, back an running in about a minute. Both small but powerful apps.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-up-boot-to-welcome-screen.633194/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys I've been searching the web for solutions for hours now and won't find anything that works for me You are kinda like my last hope Situation I have a Asus A C Laptop here it's my brother's that won't boot If I turn it on it quickly shows the Logo screen and nothing else happens If I have a WIN -DVD in the DVD-drive created with downloaded ISO it seems to be working on another laptop the drive makes some noises but nothing else happens If I have a Ubuntu-Live-USB plugged in worked on this Laptop before nothing happens If I press F repeatedly after turning the Laotop on it's the BIOS-key nothing happens What I've tried I tried several boot boot from (Logo won't Laptop access or BIOS USB/DVD screen),can't potential BIOS-keys although I am sure that F is the one I tried the turn off Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS deplug battery and cable hit power-switch times and for a minute thing I tried unplugging the Laptop while it was in the logo screen hoping this would bring me to BIOS after starting it again How I got there An Ubuntu system has been installed on the Laptop for a while Now my brother needed a windows and I wanted to create a dual boot system what I had succesfully done before Some stupid mistakes later I had a corrupted Win and wanted to overwrite it with a fresh install I tried to delete the Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS MB system reserved partition in the WIN -installation menu because I Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS thought a fresh install would create a new one This took about hour for the MBs without any visible progress I finally force-turned it off I then had a Blue Screen several times On started with quot x E quot one was something like quot stop x xFFFFF FC X XFFFFF C C D X quot Unfortunately I don't exactly remember how I got from blue screens to where I am now How I imagine the solution Is there a way to get into BIOS so that I could set DVD or USB as booting device I hope I could then reinstall WIN Is there another way to force the Laptop to boot from USB or USB Is there a way to plug the laptop to another laoptop in order to solve the problem But that's just my amatuerish imagionation any help is very much appreciated Yours Joe

A:Laptop won't boot (Logo screen),can't boot from USB/DVD or access BIOS

Hello and welcome Joe mate the BIOS key is F2 and this is the manual for that model sorry but I can only access the English version - if you type in what you want to search for it automatically will go to that setting or instruction. https://www.manualowl.com/m/Asus/A54...261331?page=84

Now if you select the optical as the first boot device and it will not go then maybe it needs a new optical drive - very cheap these days and you may be lucky that it is held in with one screw on the underside of the laptop without any pics it is hard to tell - it possibly could be in that manual.

Now for the BSOD's please use these if you want to get them analysed

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

&

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/388411-laptop-wont-boot-logo-screen-cant-boot-usb-dvd-access-bios.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I previously had a problem with a missing awdflash.exe file. I put in the motherboard cd and the file loaded, but then the screen went black and it hasn't changed sense. Ive tried restarting the computer and it didn't help. What do I do? Is there something i physically have to do to the mother board to fix this?
Once again any help is appreciated.
Ukeath

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there My computer has been running slow for few months high Computer for despite slow reason speed some having connection running a internet now despite having a high speed internet connection I have tried to fix it by having its set up changed It didn t fix the problem It was working Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason fine but one day it suddenly started running slow At first I thought Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason it must be a problem with the servers of my network provider but that wasn t the case I ve called the cable company Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason to check several times but they said other users were able to use internet in full speed without any problem I noticed the problem by trying to watch videos from various websites and after this problem occurred they started loading super super slowly It has gotten to a point that I can no longer watch TV shows movies and other videos The only video website that works is YouTube and even that doesn t function completely normally Only most YouTube videos work without getting stuck too much Another thing which I must mention is that quite often the internet cuts off in midst of browsing sessions and it doesn t reconnect without restarting the computer My computer is a Dell laptop pc with Intel core i processor I suspect that maybe my LAN card has worn out and it needs to be replaced Although I have been told by some computer technicians to not to do so But they weren t able to give me any solutions So here are my questions Should I get my LAN card changed If I should get my LAN card replaced what model do I need that s compatible with my device And if the problem is not with the LAN card then what is it and what s the solution Please help me out I need this problem fixed immediately I appreciate your help P S I ve attached a photo of the processor s logo just in case This is exactly the logo that s on my laptop nbsp

A:Computer running slow despite having a high speed internet connection for some reason

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-slow-despite-having-a-high-speed-internet-connection-for-some-reason.1144146/
Relevancy 53.32%

when I last powered it screen Bios enter I goes the for computer 30 os to mins stays it the on on choose power when before my screen on my machine It stayed on when I power on my computer it stays on the Bios enter screen for 30 mins before it goes to the choose os screen the screen I can use to enter Bios for hours maybe more I am afraid to turn my machine off again but I know I will need to eventually I used trend micro and did a online virus scan that found no threat then I used hijack this here are the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system PackethSvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system pctspk exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system UStorSrv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files CASIO YouTube Uploader for CASIO YStart exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files CompuServe b wcs exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Compaq Owner My Documents avg download file HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www zdnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllR - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO... Read more

A:when I power on my computer it stays on the Bios enter screen for 30 mins before it goes to the choose os screen

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318955/when-i-power-on-my-computer-it-stays-on-the-bios-enter-screen-for-30-mins-before-it-goes-to-the-choose-os-screen/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all!
was using my computer and it just froze up, left it for a while and it was still frozen, so i turned it off at the plug.
Tried to turn it back on and all i get is a blank screen with a blue box flashing "DVI No Signal" and the CPU fan is at a constant speed.

I have tried;
-Removing GPU.
-Removing RAM.
-Unplugging HDD and DVD drives.
-Leaving it for a while.

After this, i get nothing!
Thanks for any help!
Daniel =(

EDIT:
Just poked around in the case and found my 4pin 12V cable to the motherboard wasn't plugged in all the way...
So easy to miss stuff like that

A:computer won't boot and CPU fan is at constant speed?

Yha, lack of power to the cpu is a sure no boot issue.

Lucky it was a easy fix.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282667-computer-wont-boot-cpu-fan-constant-speed.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'll try to give as much information as I can This morning I ran an Avast virus scan and it detected two files which it Screen, to Won't Boot, get Black Can't BIOS put in the chest It suggested a reboot and something about an additional scan I do not remember Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS the files tagged nor the scan it suggested I rebooted since it all seemed reasonable Upon reboot it never got to desktop It didn't get anywhere splash screen Windows logo nothing After many minutes I held the power button to manually shut down This has happened a few times in the last six months But it always worked again after turning back on post manual power down But now it Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS didn't I tried several Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS times same thing I even left it on for over an hour thinking maybe something is happening in the background but nothing No clues or indications as to what is wrong Always a black screen No mouse cursor or anything Monitor says it isn't getting a signal I did research all day on the topic I tried getting to a safe mode or to BIOS by tapping function keys No avail I tried booting with the Windows recovery DVD I got with the computer Nothing I tried unplugging the battery for minutes to clear memory Nothing changed Tried replacing the battery No luck After unplugging and plugging back in the battery to clear memory the problem seems worse actually Now shutting down the machine requires simply pressing the button rather than holding it There are no unusual sounds from the machine Power lights come on as expected fans hum and I get a single beep Nothing after that I tried another monitor different cables nothing appears in any combination Always a black screen I'm about out of ideas Any advice I've been able to solve many PC issues with the internet's help but this one has me stumped Windows Alienware X If more detail is needed I can provide Thanks in advance

A:Won't Boot, Black Screen, Can't get to BIOS

It could be a bad video card that failed by coincidence. When you tap F12 at boot do you get a Diagnostic menu? You can try powercycling the computer. Unplug the power cord, take out the battery, and then hold the power button down for 30 seconds. But the battery back in, attach the power cord and boot the computer. You may have to reset BIOS to default if it works.

When you tried the Windows 7 install disk did the CD light show any activity of the drive reading the disk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564547/wont-boot-black-screen-cant-get-to-bios/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey

My grandma has a Dell Inspiron 1545 (I think).

When one tries to power it on, the power light comes on for several seconds, and then goes off. Things start spinning up in the first couple seconds after the power button is pressed. The screen is completely blank the whole time. It seems like it must be a power issue, but she thinks that the battery should have lasted from when the power supply tanked to when she found the computer powered off. What could be wrong? (Hope this is intelligible; I'm rather tired.)

Thanks,

B

A:No BIOS splash screen (or boot)

This is a laptop isn't it?
Have you tried powering it up on the mains but with the battery removed?
If the powersupply has died then it is possible that it killed the battery in the process, so the theory of the battery taking over won't necessarily be the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bios-splash-screen-or-boot.1096433/
Relevancy 52.46%

eMachine being reimaged rebooted to frozen eMachine splash screen won't POST No F keys respond CMOS battery pulled replaced same thing Update Pulled HD power can enter BIOS setup even boot a disk This supposedly means HD is bad however Frozen BIOS Boot screen HD will start up Frozen BIOS Boot screen when slaved to another Frozen BIOS Boot screen PC Swapped cables with known-good OD which had just booted disk HD still blocks POST freezing at Emachine screen Solution Next I swapped in a known-good HD and it started up so I knew prob had to be limited to the HD But since it started up in the other machine it didn't seem to be a bad HD Could it be that HD boot code might be blocking this BIOS from even POSTing I wanted to test this so slave the HD again to the other machine and Cleaned it with Diskpart Sure enough when returned to the eMachine it allowed BIOS to post so I booted installer and reinstalled Since it was during reimaging that this boot code apparently futzed the BIOS the image is getting deleted And I thought I'd gotten a copied image to reimage over the network - wrong

A:Frozen BIOS Boot screen

Fascinating stuff Greg.

So the question that pops into my head is: what is the bios reading from the hard drive that could be affected by a disk image?
I was unaware that the BIOS could/would read any data from the drive. I was under the impression it only read the info from the firmware.

To the laboratory Igor!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192235-frozen-bios-boot-screen.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi. I am new to this forum and hope that someone can answer my problem. Out of the blue my computer stopped booting up. It acts like it is going to boot up like normal and then freezes at the bios screen. There is an F2 and f12 option on the screen but nothing happens when they are pressed. Any ideas as to what I should do? I am not a computer nerd at all, so I need help! I have a Dell dimensions 4600C and use Windows XP. Thanks in advance for your help.

YZ

Relevancy 52.46%

hi to all i am a new member to tech support and i need your help i recently put together a computer from scrarch everything went well untill i tried to boot it up everything seemed to start normally ps i guess i should tell you about my system first os windows xp pro sp ecs gzt-m motherboard wth intelle dual core processor gb ddr ram watt thermalake ps and a western digital gb sata hd Back to my problem as mentioned i can get as far as the bios boot screen and no further the screen also tells me cmos to reset the past my screen won't pc boot bios time and date cmos settings wrong keyboard not found and press f to run set up My hard drive is shown with my dvd drive but i can't go any further because of the keyboard issue i also get a series of thre short beeps and then that it I have tried everything including resetting the cmos checking all connections checked the ram and my pc won't boot past bios screen beep codes for ecs what do you thnk my problem lies the hardrive the motherboard or the processor i'just don t know plese help thanks hommer

A:my pc won't boot past bios screen

If using a USB keyboard, try using a PS2 keyboard if you have those ports. Press F1 to go to Bios Setup. Hit the key to make the settings Default (F5) Set the correct date and time. Make the boot order CD rom drive first. If you have not slipstreamed you SATA drivers into your XP disc, see if there is a setting for the SATA drive to change it from AHCI to IDE or Compatibility mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-wont-boot-past-bios-screen-521494.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I searched around the forums for a bit and even tried some things that could possible alleviate my problem but to no avail Here s the situation My main pc was having problems I would be boot, bios. black no not screen, will PC playing a game writing an PC will not boot, black screen, no bios. email or something as simple as browsing the web and my pc would lag for - min or would just freeze up I would try to reboot the PC will not boot, black screen, no bios. pc and sometimes it would get to the windows loading screen and it would PC will not boot, black screen, no bios. freeze or it would just get past the loading screen and just remain black I could always get into BIOS though One thing that would always work would be for me to shut the pc off for an hour and then reboot Then it would run great for a while I decided to just reinstall Windows Ultimate and start over fresh After installing the OS I started to reinstall old programs and low and behold my pc would freeze lag again Rebooting would result in the black screen freeze also So what I did was take everything apart and put everything back together again The only thing I changed out was the cpu cooler because I figured it might be an overheating issue the gpu was never hot So after installing everything back the way they were I powered up and the real headache started Now nothing comes up on my screen and the power button on my monitor just blinks like it s in sleep mode not detecting anything I also get no beeps but it does sound like it s trying to boot All the power is running through the mb led is on all fans are going strong including the gfx card and the dvd drive is going can open and close Both hard drives are plugged in properly for power and sata cables to the mb Things I ve tried -Unplugged everything besides the power cable internal and external powered on everything running no beeps -Tried plugging in just gfx card and power no change no beeps -Tried just one hd or the other no change no beeps -Tried one stick of RAM at a time no change no beeps -Tried a different monitor no change no beeps -Replaced the gfx card no change no beeps -Cleaned and replaced thermal compound on cpu no change no beeps -I ve unplugged all cables and plugged them back in to check for looseness I ve heard about resetting the BIOS somehow through the mb hardware but I m not sure how to do that Also I ve heard that the battery on your mb can go bad but I haven t replaced that yet either I ve been working on this for most of the day so there might be some things that I ve tried already that I didn t mention I could use some advice if anyone has any to give Right now I m sitting with a paper weight nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

EDIT Feeling pretty stupid I Cannot past screen boot BIOS had assumed since Cannot boot past BIOS screen the monitor was able to work for several hours while in safe mode the problem was not the monitor Plugged it into my laptop same symptoms It works for a few seconds then goes black Always check the obvious things first Hey all My display went black today during use Since then I have been unable to boot normally The majority of the time I boot to the BIOS screen then the screen goes completely black quicker than it normally would transition to the typical black page white text I have tried booting into safe mode but my success in doing so is pretty random On the rare occasions I have been able to boot into safe mode I ve updated my graphics driver and scanned using Kaspersky full scan turned up nothing Neither of these helps I ve also tried removing all USB devices which seems to help me boot into safe mode sometimes but completely useless at others How do I get my computer to boot normally again Specs OS Windows Vista Business bit SP Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P -DS L Hard drive x Samsung HD KJ GB PSU Corsair VX W Graphics card EVGA GT CPU Intel E stock ghz RAM x GB OCZ mhz CD DVD Drive Lite-On nbsp

A:Cannot boot past BIOS screen

Does it boot better after cooling?

What were you doing when it went down the first time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-boot-past-bios-screen.897914/
Relevancy 52.46%

After installing the Windows 10 update 1511, my Thinkcentre M53 will not boot beyond the initial  "Lenovo" screen, and there seems to be no way of accessing the bios. Nor can I boot from an external device, as the the boot routine doesn't get far enough to enable this. I've tried resetting the CMOS, but no change. The Lenovo UEFI diagnostic tool can be used because the device needs to see it on an external USB. The device will recognize the keyboard, as I can use the ctl-alt-delete command to restart. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M53 won't boot to BIOS screen after Win 10 Version...

The latest BIOS images available for the M53 freeze when booting to Windows 10. The original BIOS works with Windows 10. To reflash, download FRKT25A from https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/thinkcentre_bios/frjt25usa.zip. Create a bootable USB flash drive (you can use Rufus, https://rufus.akeo.ie/, to create a bootable flash drive and then unzip he contents of the frjt25usa.zip on to it, overwriting the autoexec.bat file). With the system powered down and power unplugged, open up the unit and remove the cable from the harddrive. Plug in the flash drive, reapply power and go through the BIOS update process. After it finishes and reboots, remove power from the unit. Remove the flash drive, plug the harddrive back in, reapply power and enjoy Windows 10 on the M53!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M53-won-t-boot-to-BIOS-screen-after-Win-10-Version-1511-update/td-p/2222012
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Acer Aspire 5332 notebook, its just over a year old now, after rebooting it froze on startup, by the BIOS screen, after that it freezes, I can't even get to the boot menu or setup.

Only major thing that happened is my charger broke but I fixed it and is working fine again. I had the idea it was the hard drive, and inserted it in an adapter on my desktop and it worked fine. The computer was working fine until I tried to restart.

The PC starts and I can hear the cpu fan, but only for a second and then it stops, the hard drive light turns off as well

Any ideas on how to fix this will be appreciated.

A:My PC freezes and won't boot further than the BIOS screen

Locate your memory modules, there are probably only two. Remove one of them and try to boot, if it remains the same put the module back in and remove the other one and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-freezes-and-wont-boot-further-than-the-bios-screen.173723/
Relevancy 52.46%

The computer will only boot up to the Bios Screen and then freezes. I've pressed all the command keys such as Esc, F8, F9, etc with no response. I've tried unplugging the printer & rebooting. I've removed the removable back up disk and tried rebooting. Can someone suggest a possible cause and cure for this? It's a family member's almost brand new HP on a Vista platform. Thanks, Robt

A:Solved: Will not boot beyond the Bios screen. Why? What can fix?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-not-boot-beyond-the-bios-screen-why-what-can-fix.815431/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a dell XPS (one of the first versions from the early 2000's) running XP Pro . It has crashed alot recently and I was advised that it was probably a RAM issue. I ran 2 different RAM diagnostics (one Downloaded from microsoft one on the Dell Diag disk). Neither found a problem. I have had corrupted files and the windows repair wouldnt fix so I have had to do clean installs of windows.

Now the computer eont even load the Dell boot screen. All I get is the lights (three lights in middle above keyboard) come on the one with a letter A (I believe its a capslock light) flashes 5 times and then it shuts off. Never boots to even the Dell Bios screen.

Anyone know whats wrong?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone there BIOS) after screen up Cannot boot 7 (black I don't know if this is the right place Cannot boot up 7 (black screen after BIOS) but I think so and I'll try Well I won't introduce myself as I want to be quick Let's go to the problem So I was using Windows when I came out with the idea of installing Windows XP as was sucking my memory up MB of my beloved RAM So I read a tut on how to install XP after was installed and after XP's first stage of setup it told me to restart But for my surprise it wouldn't boot a screen Cannot boot up 7 (black screen after BIOS) appeared telling me BootMGR was corrupt So I managed to get a Vista DVD Not cause I couldn't find it and ran the Command Prompt So I wrote what the tutorial told me to write -Bootrec exe fixMGR -Bootrec exe fixBoot It showed me up as the operation was successful so I restarted my PC Now WTF I can't get to because a black screen it was blank stayed after nd Boot stage So I put the Vista DVD again on my drive and installed it over the partition where XP would have been After installing everything I'd expect a Vista or boot but again it wouldn't let me Now I got my PC ruined up I cannot boot from hard drive because of this What shall I do Is there a way I can get back Please help

A:Cannot boot up 7 (black screen after BIOS)

Quote: Originally Posted by Picu97

Hi everyone there!

I don't know if this is the right place, but I think so and I'll try.Well, I won't introduce myself, as I want to be quick.
Let's go to the problem. So I was using Windows 7 when I came out with the idea of installing Windows XP, as 7 was sucking my memory up (300 MB of my beloved 512 RAM). So I read a tut on how to install XP after 7 was installed, and after XP's first stage of setup, it told me to restart. But for my surprise it wouldn't boot (a screen appeared telling me BootMGR was corrupt). So I managed to get a Vista DVD (Not 7 cause I couldn't find it), and ran the Command Prompt. So I wrote what the tutorial told me to write:
-Bootrec.exe /fixMGR
-Bootrec.exe /fixBoot
It showed me up as the operation was successful, so I restarted my PC. Now, WTF, I can't get to 7 because a black screen (it was blank) stayed after 2nd Boot stage.
So I put the Vista DVD again on my drive and installed it over the partition where XP would have been. After installing everything I'd expect a Vista or 7 boot, but, again it wouldn't let me!
Now I got my PC ruined up, I cannot boot 7 from hard drive because of this. What shall I do? Is there a way I can get 7 back? Please help!!

Picu

You do know that with 512 win 7 will barely run at all right? minimum is 1 gig and that is without any aero effects.

In dual booting it is always easier to install the older OS first.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117790-cannot-boot-up-7-black-screen-after-bios.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Toshiba Satelite PRO 4300 that will not boot up. It displays a screen that has a graphical moon and sun seperated by a bar graph type box. There is no indication of a bios screen on power up. The LEDs initialize as expected. It will not even recognize a floppy disk after the drive does a seek at power up.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:Boot fail, NO BIOS SCREEN?

sounds like a power issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-fail-no-bios-screen.451460/
Relevancy 52.46%

Greetings I have won't boot PC first screen past BIOS big problem with my year old PC which started a few days ago The problem When I turn on my computer I see the BIOS splash screen and if I don't PC won't boot past first BIOS screen touch it it will remain on this screen indefinitelly I can get past this screen by pressing the tab key to see the BIOS POST Message or by hitting DEL to run Setup however I never get into the setup screen it simply moves on to the BIOS POST Screen On the BIOS POST Message I can seethe usual messages such as quot Initializing PC won't boot past first BIOS screen USB Controllers Done quot quot MB OK quot but no error messages signifying that anything is wrong I can hit lt F gt which then says quot Boot Selection Popup menu has been selected quot Or lt ALT gt lt F gt which then triggers the message quot ASUS EZ Flash will be executed quot However again it never goes past the actual BIOS POST Message The keyboard keeps being responsive I can enable disable shift lock etc What I've tried so far At first I thought the battery may cause this I tried - booting with a fresh battery CR - booting without a battery including leaving it without power overnight first - clearing the BIOS with PC won't boot past first BIOS screen the reset pins on mobo and then booting I then tried to make sure any excess hardware wasn't the problem - I only left keyboard and screen connected for all further tests - booting without any harddrives optical drives connected - booting with only stick of RAM there's slots which are all filled with identical RAM - booted with another graphics card - booted with no graphics card didn't really do much I expected beeps but motherboard didn't make a sound it never does is there a way to turn on the quot error beeps quot on motherboards I realize this has little to do with WIN as the kernel is I think not even loaded yet at this point But I've been told this forum has a lot of computer wizzards including for hardware issues I guess my hope is that any of you have run in to a similar problem and have a magical fix for me but if not I think my only option will be to buy a new mobo and probably a new PC alltogether Thanks in advance for your help

A:PC won't boot past first BIOS screen

Hello Senobris. Welcome to the forum.

You have done everything I would do at first to test the system. So much for any easy fixes.

To be clear, you cannot get into the BIOS settings? The system will show the product splash screen, or be forced to start the startup routine, but stops at that point - correct?

What exactly is the last thing on the screen when it stops? Is it always the same thing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366285-pc-wont-boot-past-first-bios-screen.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I recently ordered a number of parts for a new computer After having assembled build, New boot or no screen bios the computer and connected everything the New build, no boot or bios screen computer worked It gave out a display the bios worked and I was able to go into the bios setup I then inserted my windows xp install disc and began formatting a new partition on the hard drive I left the computer formatting and the last I saw it was at around After I came back in about half New build, no boot or bios screen an hour I found that there was no display and the computer was off I tried a reboot but there was no display at all All fans were on full settings including the cpu fan I have tried reconnecting all components and connections With no HDD connected the computer turns on for about seconds then cuts the power I have tried a different hard drive and it behaved in exactly the same way as with my new drive I have no idea any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Joseph Spec AMD Phenom ii X BE Kingston hyper-x x gb mhz Gigabyte GA-M LT-D XFX gb Corsair tx western digital caviar blue gb nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey just put together a new computer and I'm having trouble booting it up All the lights on the MoBo and the fans are running the fan on my GPU seems like its screen max + Computer, speed New Fan black GPU at going at max speed When I try to start up the computer starts then turns off for about seconds then starts up again and stays on until i turn it off Theres only short New Computer, black screen + GPU Fan at max speed beep when I start it up I am using a HDMI cable from my monitor to my graphics card and it just says quot no signal quot Heres the new system i've put together ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Socket- E-ATX Z DDR xPCIe x CFX amp SLI NF SATA Gb s USB EFI Corsair SSD Force Series GB SATA Gb s SATA MB MB s New Computer, black screen + GPU Fan at max speed read write SandForce SF- Corsair TX V W PSU ATX V V Plus Bronze Standard x -pin PCIe x SATA mm fan Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz GB CL Kit w x GB XMS modules CL - - - V Vengeance Heatspreader pin Intel Core i - K Processor Socket-LGA Quad Core Ghz MB W Boxed w fan XFX Radeon HD GB GDDR PCI-Express xDVI HDMI xmini-DisplayPort MHz All help is appreciated

A:New Computer, black screen + GPU Fan at max speed

First of all search for beep codes for your MB, # of beeps will tell you what fails during bootup. I build quiet few desktops myself and usually in case like yours is good to recheck all the connections, especially seating of the video card, more than once the card seemed to be in but not really. Also all the power supply cables, RAM and pretty much redo whole assembly from scratch. Also it's often helpful to boot computer with minimum components: for example disconnect hard drive and it should still get you into BIOS and to "can't find boot drive" message, but the beep and no video at all would indicate it stops at the very beginning of sequence and that's where beep codes are helpful. Could be one of the components is not compatible or outright broken also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195955-new-computer-black-screen-gpu-fan-max-speed.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer gets stuck on the blue HP bios screen. Whenever I try to press buttons on my keyboard to get into the boot menu/bios options (F keys), they do not respond. I cleared the CMOS and tried it again to no avail. Then I removed the hard drive and voila: I was able to press the F Keys to get into the boot menu/bios settings etc. I put a recovery disc in my cd/dvd drive and chose to boot off the cd drive. A black screen then appeared saying "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device". I pressed some buttons but the same message keeps appearing. Any help?

A:Cannot Get Past Blue HP Bios Boot Screen

What hard drive did you remove? If you have no hard drive then you can not recover or repair any OS if there no OS to repair to detect or hard drive.

Is it the HDD that you removed have Windows is installed on it?

Have you tried changing the boot sequence?

What kind of HDD is it a SATA or IDE type?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-get-past-blue-hp-bios-boot-screen-601528.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, everyone. I recently had a new computer built for me (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/svHXMp) but I've had an issue with actually getting it to load past BIOS over the past two weeks.

Currently, the system will boot to BIOS, as I don't have an operating system installed on my SSD, and then go to a black screen with a blinking cursor if I don't input any commands to take me to the status/options screens.

Yesterday, I tried installing Ubuntu on the computer just to see if I could get a working OS on it, but it went to the same black screen instead of loading the installer. I've looked in the options and the computer recognizes my HDD, SSD, and USB, and I've swapped the boot order around more times than I care to remember, but I honestly have no clue what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 52.03%

Desktop stuck on bios boot screen and wont boot windows It has done this a few times befor so i stopped powering it down I have installed windows to replace the pirated version of XP that was on it when i bought the BIOS/boot stuck screen on Desktop PC Its a custom built desktop with a AsRock motherboard dual amd athlon with gig sticks of ddr ram nvidia Gs video card I have checked the ram one stick at a time checked my hard Desktop stuck on BIOS/boot screen drive in wifes PC and worked fine put hers in Desktop stuck on BIOS/boot screen my PC and no luck Was told could be mother board battery quot i didnt think so either but quot so i replaced the battery I Desktop stuck on BIOS/boot screen know a small bit about PC s but this one is beyond me There where options befor i pulled the battery out Boot menu and setup After i pulled the batt there is only boot menu quot F quot now And i still cant select it It does however tell me it is in dual ram mode and tells me the procesor speed and make so i would think the motherboard isnt bad Any one have any ideas nbsp

A:Desktop stuck on BIOS/boot screen

A little update. Last night i let it sit on the bios screen for a few hours.It at some point did something, i looked at the screen and there was more writen on it. Among other things its now said ....S.M.A.R.T capable but disabled, CMOS checksum bad, CMOS date/time not set. this help more then my last post?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-stuck-on-bios-boot-screen.150359/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone,

So I have a massive problem with my PC at the moment.
Occasionally, when I turn it on, it will show the BIOS boot screen, but after that all I get is a flashing prompt ("_") at the top left of my screen, and I can't do anything except reset and reset and reset until it finally kicks into gear and boots up further.

PC Specs/Software are as follows:
WinXP 64-bit - SP3
AMD Phenom 9750
4gb Corsair Dominator DD2
Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H Motherboard

I'm nearly at my wits end here...The pattern in which it occurs is very random and there is quite literally nothing I can do but reset and pray that it will actually boot up each time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Flashing prompt after BIOS Boot Screen...

Could be a failing hard drive. Try running the proper diagnostic tool on the hard drive and see if it's failing.

A link is available in my signature for you

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/flashing-prompt-after-bios-boot-screen-414965.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a major problem When start up the laptop i get to see the bios screen after this normally you should see that win is starting up I get a blank screen backlighting is boot screen after BIOS Satellite No P300-17R working but no blinking cursor or what so ever Ive tried the following things Try all A C related topics like removing batteries etc - gt nothing happens blank screen Ive tried all possible key combinations inorder to reach the safe mode option - gt nothing happens blank screen I remove the Satellite P300-17R No boot after BIOS screen HDD and tried booting only from dvd--rom windows - gt works fine put the HDD back and set bios to boot from dvd-rom only - gt nothing happens blank screen Ive got another laptop so i put the HDD from the toshiba and tried to see if that works - gt win works fine and i can get access to everything to my HDD works fine and Win is also working fine Ive put the other HDD from the other laptop into the Toshiba laptop and put it on - gt ive got a working screen where windows vista is asking to restore it from a certain point may be cause by the difference in hardware between the laptops What is wrong Please help me

A:Satellite P300-17R No boot after BIOS screen

Can we continue discussion under http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums//message.jspa?messageID=226565 ?

I mean why to start second thread with the same problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60433-Satellite-P300-17R-No-boot-after-BIOS-screen
Relevancy 52.03%

One of my clients desktops supposedly was working fine and then wouldn't start up past what they described as the bios boot screen. ive try geting them in to the bios but it doesent seem to be responding. Ive told them to unplug it till I can get a chance to look at it.

its a Dell insparon wth windows XP SP2 that I sold last month, and it was working flawlessly when it left!
2 hard drives
cd-RW
floppy
P4 2.0GHz
512MB Old Ram
no clue about the power supply but I think its around 250W

Any Ideas would be helpful Id rather not have to spend any money on a computer I sold for $50 yes It was way to cheep but being a dell I just wanted to get it out of my workshop it was a trade in and I just wanted to break even, not with my luck

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello guy and gals I ve been trying to diagnose this problem with the PC Past BIOS Boot Splash Won't Screen help of a few friends and we re out of ideas at this point The PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen computer in question is a home built PC the worked fine for two years before this problem occurred I m told the problem first started when it got a virus but I don t know for sure The PC has an Asus P N -E SLI MB and it s running Vista Home Premium -Bit When I start the computer it loads to the bios splash screen and normally freezes there occasionally I m able to get into the bios before it freezes where I can see that all of the temps are normal and nothing jumps out as unusual however I only have about seconds to look through it before it freezes PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen Before this started it would just just keep rebooting when it got to the post screen with occasional distortion of the bios splash screen I have tried replacing the hard drive with a known working one and I have replaced the video card with a known working one I have also pulled all of the ram out of the computer and tried each stick individually without success I have pulled the battery several times and cleared the capacitors and so far I have gotten nowhere Any ideas are greatly appreciated thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen

Only suspects left then are Motherboard/CPU and PSU. I guess you can try to check atleast CPU in some other board if possible to start with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-past-bios-splash-screen.146351/
Relevancy 52.03%

I encountered an issue when using Windows During a large file copy icons disappeared from my desktop and I unable to start programs and had to reboot my PC Following this Windows failed to reboot showing a WDF Violation blue screen a further boot resulted in a Cache rebuild screen followed by an Intel driver error After repeating this cycle a couple of teams I hard rebooted the PC Now the computer boots to a black screen I can see the backlight come on for a few seconds however there is no BIOS splash screen neither is there the usual beep when the pre-boot checks complete I have tried booting with a Windows CD and from screen BIOS. - 2710 XPS on No One Black boot. USB without success I have also tried pressing the full range of function keys It is running Windows and has been without issue for around months until now nbsp My data is backed up so I don t mind a format and rebuild solution but need to be able to get to the BIOS and to boot from DVD USB Any help gratefully received

A:XPS One 2710 - Black screen on boot. No BIOS.

Dell didn't test compatibility of the XPS 2710 with Win 10. If you search these forums, you'll find lots of users reporting the same "black screen of death" after running Win 10 on this model for a few days, weeks or even months.
Not totally clear what goes wrong, but many users had to replace the motherboard, if they could find one.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987421
Relevancy 51.6%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone,

Before we start, I'm a total noob on this subject, so please be gentle with me.

I've experienced 'very' slow boot times in the given time interval (before it took maybe 10 sec, now it takes 2-3 minutes). After login the machine is ready for usage within 30 sec. I've searched on several forums for what the problem could be and these are the steps which I've taken so far:
* performed defragmentation on the harddrive
* deleted all windows updates and reinstalled them
* look at the event logger, but I couldn't find anything causing mayor and/or reoccuring problems
These things didn't work out for me. I've included the machine's specs in my profile, I hope it suffices.

Could you please help me?
Melissa

A:Slow boot time before login screen but after BIOS

Hello melli and welcome to Seven Forums.

Have a look through these tutorials (2nd post) for some of the more common ways to speed up Windows 7.

Speeding up Windows 7 boot times

As a suggestion, before you try anything that involves changing settings or going into the registry, etc it would be a good idea to make a new restore point "just in case" something doesn't work and you want to roll back the computer.

System Restore Point - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/304937-slow-boot-time-before-login-screen-but-after-bios.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m struggling to work this out - Windows -bit on a HP pavilion dv I rebooted about a month ago a few days after upgrading from vista to but maybe this is unrelated and there was just a black screen no cursor blink no bios nothing but the disc light is flashing then Windows startup sound goes off so it has booted after all I tried attaching an old VGA monitor and sure enough there s my desktop I close the lid in frustration and unplug the external monitor When I open the lid again the display comes on this time but its in x not x and when I try to readjust boot, windows but screen no starting at bios, IS black the resolution its just not available as black screen at boot, no bios, but windows IS starting an option - loads of other resolutions but not x So I install the latest nvidia driver flash the bios with the latest version restart but still the same Randomly once when I F into the boot menu which is appearing on the external VGA then do a save and restart from there the laptop display came on again boots into Windows fine at the correct resolution I use this for a month or so it sleeps and resumes no problem I didn t restart it everything working as it should Then the latest windows update comes along and requires a reboot and I m back at the same point - if I don t connect the VGA external then I ve got a blank screen no backlight nothing even though windows has started But if I connect the VGA put it into sleep disconnect the VGA resume from sleep then I ve at least got the laptop display but at the wrong resolution Any ideas is the graphics card shot Sorry for the long-winded explanation nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Okey here it goes A long time ago in a galaxy far far away My pc decides not to boot past the bios flash screen Detailness - So i got a new sata hdd not long ago - I had Ubuntu and Windows on duel boot They both worked fine and never gave me any trouble - Decided i didn t want duel boot anymore I just wanted a fresh install of :( system splash not past the will boot screen!! bios Windows because im going to be upgrading the mobo ram CPU and gfx card Basically everything going to be upgraded over the course of the next couple of weeks - So i proceeded to format my gb sata hdd and install Windows - After the files copied from the dvd to the hdd my pc rebooted as expected - Then the normal boot screen appeared this is where it hangs This is pretty much what i see Press del to run setup Press f for BBS POPUP DDR Frequency blah blah Initializing usb controllers done Auto-Detecting Pri slave IDE Hard Disk Auto-Detecting rd slave CD DVD ROM Sec Master ST AS CC Ultra DMA Mode- S M A R T Capable and Status OK It just hangs on this - I cant boot from dvd or cd - I cant press del to run setup it just says entering and does nothing else - I cant press f for bbs popup it just does the same as pressing del If i remove the sata hdd i can then press del or f and it lets me into the bios same with the dvd drive If the hdd is unplugged then i can boot from the dvd what i think the problem might be is my processor its pentium old i know S it will be upgraded along with the rest the previous version of windows was bit and i decided to try installing bit Windows Because with all my new hardware when it appears i want to be running bit windows Soo im thinking maybe my Pentium wont run bit operating systems Im probably wrong But that being said it doesn t explain why i cant boot from DVD or go into the bios when the hdd is attached so i can basically do nothing when it is attached I really don t think its broken or anything because its pretty much brand new I replaced my old IDE drive not long ago with this system will not boot past the bios splash screen!! :( one because of bad sectors motherboard - ecs pl-a v - knowing this might help you help me navigate through the bios and tell me if shiz is wrong xD cpu - Pentium hdd - Seagate barracuda gig gfx - gts ram - gig x gig this is really starting to mash my brain up if any of you dudes or dudettes could help i would greatly appreciate it thank you thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Unusually long boot time between the BOS screen and Windows It takes about minutes to boot when restarting the PC and up to minutes when starting the PC after it between BIOS and Windows screen boot time Long was previously shut down I Long boot time between BIOS screen and Windows will attach everything I checked maybe I missed something including my DxDiag and a video of the issue VID - YouTube I already checked the Long boot time between BIOS screen and Windows memory by leaving Memtest overnight and it presented errors Long boot time between BIOS screen and Windows This problem started to appear about four months I'm out of ideas HDD is new bought about four months ago and Processor is newer bought in late November Also maybe worth of noting everytime I restart the PC the processor completely shuts down the fan before turning it back on Same when I turn the PC on I press the button then it takes about - seconds for the PC to start running turning the fans on etc Also I tried disabling the BIOS screen a few months ago but it didn't do anything so I turned it back on

A:Long boot time between BIOS screen and Windows

Do you have both video cards installed at the same time?

While your using msconfig please post picture of Startup and Non Microsoft Services.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/361189-long-boot-time-between-bios-screen-windows.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a strange problem on my Windows machine I've had my HP Pavilion Boot: after Screen Initial Hangs Splash BIOS p p for at least four years now and I upgraded it Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen to Windows a few months ago I recently have done a clean install of Windows but one problem seems persistent When I turn on my computer it splashes the HP Pavilion BIOS screen and then hangs at a blank screen with a white quot quot blinking as if it was looking for a drive to boot from If I hit the quot esc quot key during boot however it loads the boot menu displaying my hard drive the DVD drive and my external hard drive When I select the main drive it Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen boots up just fine Any reason for this One individual suggested I update my BIOS because it's a version Any tips on how to do that I've never upgraded BIOS before and frankly I'm a bit intimidated Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen to Thanks for your help I'll be willing to supply more information if you need it

A:Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen

Try resetting the BIOS.

Power off, unplug the power cord.
Open the case.
Remove the CMOS battery (silver, about the size of a quarter).
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to let all the capacitors drain.
Put the battery back in.
Check all the cables and connectors, make sure they are firmly seated.
Close the case.
Plug in the power cord and power up.

You will get an error message about corrupted CMOS, Press F1 or F2. Press the key to go into Setup.
Load defaults(Fn key or a selection on one of the screens).
Save and exit.

See if that makes a difference.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/18563-initial-boot-hangs-after-bios-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I replaced my motherboard. Now at start up it stops and waits for me to hit f1 for BOIS or f2 to boot. What do I need to change to fix this? The system runs fine expect for some sluggishness but that is another topic.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi My system does not boot the BIOS is hanging at Loading of bootloader stage once i remove my newly replaced SATA hdd the system boots fine and does not hang anymore after removing the HDD i can also boot via Bootable CD but the PC does not start if HDD is plugged in My system specs AMD Athlon MS K MM-V -- details GB Drr Mhz Ram Nvidia Geforce GB sata hard drive ST AS Problem My HDD crashed so i replaced it with new one installed it correctly it booted fine loaded windows on it in morning now since evening it does not does POST hangs not way boot,BIOS mid after screen System boot I have checked the SATA-I compability System does not boot,BIOS hangs mid way after POST screen jumper its set at factory default i e GB s also the VIA Raid config which shows up just after POST screen as trouble detecting HDD sometimes it detects it and some sometimes it hangs but it sureshot hangs while loading bootloader stage Please help edit I downloaded Seagate Seatools and tried booting with it it does not boot with hdd attached it hung at InitDisk function so i removed the HDD and seatools booted fine after that i again install the HDD without poweriting off my PC and guess what it worked and i tested the drive with Short and long test and it passed both the test without any troubles nbsp

A:System does not boot,BIOS hangs mid way after POST screen

Unless your controller supports hot swapping, I would NOT do that again.
Have you replaced the sata cable and or tried another sata pw connector?

FWIW just because a disk passes the drive maker's diagnostic, does not mean it is OK. I had a system a few weeks ago that passed ALL tests twice and I zero filled the drive; still problems. Installed a known good seagate drive, all problems stopped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-does-not-boot-bios-hangs-mid-way-after-post-screen.734053/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone:

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with Vista. Days ago I remember downloading something that made my laptop reboot. Upon rebooting, I still can't get past the bios screen. (Actually I do, but only to a black screen with a blinking cursor.) I've pressed F12 to change the boot order to CD Drive. Ive inserted a vista bootable disk in and heard it spinning and working. Seconds later, I get an error along the lines of, "Not a bootable disk, press X to retry". I've tried the test that is available in the F12 setup, but no errors were detected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dala

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-vista-wont-boot-past-bios-screen.150386/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I recently installed a gigabyte B75M-D3H 1155 mobo, i5 cpu, my pc boots fine but there is no BIOS splash screen at all and it is worrying me. I can boot into win 7 fine, but when I turn the computer on it goes from blank screen very quick (1 second) cursor flash, then windows splash screen. Is something wrong? It has done this since the 1st time I booted it. Going into the Bios there is an option named "full screen logo show" but it makes not difference whether that is enabled or not. My monitor is on the whole time, not waking from sleep or anything like that.

A:New motherboard - BIOS splash screen is skipped during boot

The new MBoards are really fast going through the BIOS Post. I looked at thier site, and there is a utility that lets you access the BIOS through Windows. Install the app, then you can set a post delay.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4315&dl=1#utility
Really looks like a great board, lots of cool features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-bios-splash-screen-is-skipped-during-boot.184239/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I own a Emachines T4480 and have just replace the power supply with a Forton 400watts. After I install it, the computer works perfect except when I turn on the computer. I'd always get the Bios Guardian disable screen. Anyone know how to get rid of this? I have the Phoenix Award BIOS v6.00PG and the motherboard is system own motherboard (not sure what it is). I read somewhere that updating the BIOS for Emachines can mess up the motherboard or something. Please help. Thanks

Edit: It says this: BIOS Guardian (R) enabled you will need to disable BIOS GUARDIAN to update BIOS.

A:Emachines T4480: Bios guardian boot screen

Hi

From this site here

"BIOS Guardian is enabled by default. The BIOS Guardian protects the system from computer viruses, acting as a fire-wall against virues that can attack the BIOS while the system is running. Consequently, users must disable the BIOS Guardian before reflashing the BIOS or making changes to it.. Please reboot the system and holding the "DEL" key prior to power on until you enter CMOS setup screen , go to Advanced BIOS Features and select BIOS Guardian option to disable or enable. After successfully updating the new BIOS, I recommend to enabling BIOS Guardian for added virus protection. "

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t4480-bios-guardian-boot-screen.88146/
Relevancy 51.6%

Greetings everyone I encountered something that never happened before and need some advice A few days ago strange lines started appearing on my computer screen It has progressed and I could barely see anything Then monitor kept going into quot power saver quot mode and back when I booted Windows in normal mode I booted Windows in quot safe mode quot Monitor wasn t shutting off anymore but the screen was barely readable I managed to save my data on external drive I put in my Windows installation disk and restarted computer wanting to format the hard disk and lines Weird on can't screen, or access BIOS boot reinstall Windows When I would restart I would see black screen and hear DVD drive spinning but nothing was happening Now when I restart I see this This screen just stands there I cannot access the BIOS load Windows or boot from CD DVD All Weird lines on screen, can't boot or access BIOS fans in my comp work fine when computer is on I tried removing this battery and putting it back later but it didn t help My computer has gigs RAM runs Win XP Professional SP and this is my motherboard At this point I have no idea what to do or even what caused this I was hoping to format and reinstall Windows but I m unable to boot I would be thankful for any advice at all atai nbsp

A:Weird lines on screen, can't boot or access BIOS

Dear atai,
Intel started shipping their 1.8 Ghz Atoms only from the 21st of this month,that's hardly a week! Since when did your whole prob. start? We "may" think of a Hardware conflict, because the motherboard in your CPU is not Intel! Food for thought!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-lines-on-screen-cant-boot-or-access-bios.931940/
Relevancy 51.6%

So here's the problem, i have Pavilion tx2500 with a new hard drive 750GB wich had linux on it.I've installed windows 7 over linux, after installation completed it got me staight to login screen and requested password which i actually didn't set. I wans't able to log in, tried to restart, same thing. Then i restarted again, this time i had no bios loading screen, no windows loading screen ofcourse. So now i have no video and only numlock is flashing with a period 4-5sec, caps isn't. Hard drive indicator isn't flashing at all, every other one is lit. Wifi indicator is red. Fan is working as well. Please help, i've tried some stuff like bios reset or switching ram modules, also tried connecting external monitor, nothing helped. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-on-boot-and-BIOS-isn-t-loading-after-installing/td-p/5742227
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop is a Acer aspire z running windows home premium bit and my problem is screen wont boot Laptop BIOS no Black my laptop will not start Laptop wont boot Black screen no BIOS When I turn my laptop on it starts to run like normal GPU fan starts Disk drive kicks in and the LED for the on button is working but nothing on the screen I've tried too do alt f for a restore nothing happened I've also tried to plug it into a monitor and my tv Before this occurred it had been turned off during boot don't ask why I cannot answer that and I preceded to take it apart to fix the overheating issue due to acer not putting fan holes on the bottom of the laptop thanks Acer - - and I didn't realise something was wrong with it until I reassembled it and tried to turn it on So I'm not sure whether is corrupt BIOS a hardware problem or corrupt MBR my own personal diagnosis don't know whether it's right or not Also I have tried turning the laptop off taking the battery out letting the motherboard discharge then pressing the power button for a minute leaving it for a minute putting the charger in then turning it on Thanks

A:Laptop wont boot Black screen no BIOS

You may need to take it apart again and make sure everything is connected properly. Did you follow steps to keep yourself grounded while working inside the system?
As you add and remove hardware, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232151-laptop-wont-boot-black-screen-no-bios.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I'm trying to reformat my computer, but I can seem to boot to the cd or get access to the setup bios. When I try either one i get a blank black screen. I can boot into windows fine or safe mode.

Thanks for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-in-boot-menu-and-or-bios-setup.795420/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m new and skipped my intro down to business I took my BIOS PC won't boot halp! initial screen, past pc to my mom s friends house to keep me entertained PC won't boot past initial BIOS screen, halp! for the night It fell over in the boot but worked fine when i plugged her in i played games for a while an hour or so when i decided to do some research i needed my moms netbook for this and left PC won't boot past initial BIOS screen, halp! my brother and his friend to jam some guitar hero on my pc i came back about mins later to grab my flash - everything was all good another minutes later i went back and the pc was on the initial boot screen i asked what happened they said the pc just switched PC won't boot past initial BIOS screen, halp! off and restarted when they plugged in the mic from then on it wouldnt pass the boot screen What usually happens When i boot it shows a blue and black intel background with a second intel logo in a small white box with a command prompt box with the number in it - seconds later post beep comes goes to and the same time bios hotkeys show up then turns to ENG then pc boots What is happening Its stuck on quot quot and no post beep comes sometimes it takes a few more seconds to get past the quot quot but never more than seconds All fans and lights come on hard drive spins too What i ve tried to fix it Mix and match the ram in different slots no change in situation removed ram to see if mobo would detect it was missing it did removed graphics card to see if it would detect it missing no post beeps although it does display when plugged in unplugged all peripherals and restarted still stuck at screen removed mobo battery and put back no change tried resetting bios with pins jumper near battery no change but now mobo makes odd clicking sound on startup and restart shutdown removed all sata connections still stuck at screen I get the feeling that my mobo is blown but im not sure i bought all my internals from the same distributor who have a tech support center so ima take it in when i can but til then HALP Please EDIT Fixed the clicking sound was my bios set to configure set it back to normal after setting it to recover still no change nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-boot-past-initial-bios-screen-halp.930258/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I ve done a little xw4400 past screen HP BIOS Workstation boot won't reading on this subject but couldn HP Workstation xw4400 won't boot past BIOS screen t HP Workstation xw4400 won't boot past BIOS screen find anything concrete in terms of an answer My PC has been working fine up until HP Workstation xw4400 won't boot past BIOS screen last night but when I booted up tonight it got as far as the HP Inspect blue screen with options for Setup Boot Screen etc but it went no further Trying to go into setup boot menu etc only got as far as a flashing cursor and thats it The PC will not boot from a CD either The BIOS version is v which I believe is the latest one I ve checked all the connections and they are spot on Could it be my motherboard is dead I noticed a button called CMOS Reset but i m not sure what it does so I haven t pressed it Maybe resetting the BIOS might do the trick but I don t know how to do that Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My computer has been running normally for quite a while now. Just the other day though, it started having a weird problem. I will turn it on, it will load the BIOS screen, then it will dislpay a blank screen for about 10 seconds before loading Windows XP. Windows loads normally and works fine after that. I think that this problem may have started after I installed and then uninstalled Dameon Tools, but I am not sure; that's just an idea.

A:Long blank screen between BIOS and Windows XP boot

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-blank-screen-between-bios-and-windows-xp-boot.873381/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have issues booting my desktop It shows the initial Intel chipset screen F for BIOS F for boot order and then screen turns black for seconds and computer reboots back to the Intel screen Configuration of my PC intel core email protected GHz DIMM slots with GB memory each - total GB OS Windows professional Graphics Card GTX Ti Steps Performed so far screen to boot Unable to Reboots BIOS PC. initial I can go into BIOS but Unable to boot PC. Reboots to initial BIOS screen cannot boot the PC I tried reseating all memory modules and used memory stick one at a time No success Removed graphics card and connected monitor to integrated video port on mobo - no success reseated HDD connections - no success HDD RAM are getting detected in BIOS Unable to boot to safe mode Tried reinstalling the OS using CD Stuck at Windows is loading file The bar moves for seconds and then stops None of the above worked Before this happened my PC got BSoD and was giving memory dumps I did a Hard Boot and now its not coming up nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all My pc refuses to come back on after freezing during TV playback Sounds normal and green lights flash on as it looks for cd drive floppy Unable boot on - Bios to stock black screen to usb and mouse Unable to boot to Bios - stock on black screen etc but main power light stays on yellow and screen stays black - no bios start up screen or beeps Will not boot fom XP disc on F or otherwise - monitor definately working cmos reset and battery re-insert had no effect - not sure what to try next Asrock -Dual S PCI-E SATA AMD Athlon socket Sandiago CPU Mb X Mb Dual Channel DDR Memory Gigabyte Mb ATi Radion X Pro DVI PCI-Express VGA Card Gb Maxtor Diamond Max S-ATA I II Hard Drive K-world DVB-T Dual Digital Analogue PCI Tuner Card Asus TM MicroAXT case w PSU Running XP Home SP and with Kapersky Internet Security Anti-Virus etc System is two years old Any helpful ideas on what to try next welcome - Thanx DM quot Better get a flip top head quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-boot-to-bios-stock-on-black-screen.723706/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been experiencing a completely black screen after my BIOS loads A Windows update hit my computer last night and since then the OS completely fails to boot Both hard drives system volume and storage are present and accounted for in the BIOS I tried Startup Repair by booting with my Windows disc but it detected no problems and told me that my OS boots perfectly Update Boot Since Windows Will Black After Not Screen BIOS. Also tried some method I found on a forum saying Startup Repair must be run three Black Screen After BIOS. Windows Will Not Boot Since Update times but I got the same result each time Next step was System Restore I have tried restoring from several different restore points but I get an error message each time Something vague along the lines of quot System Restore has failed quot This is pretty worrying I tried to quot Black Screen After BIOS. Windows Will Not Boot Since Update upgrade quot my Windows installation from the disc but the next screen said to restart then boot into the OS then quot restart the upgrade quot No use to me since I can't boot my OS at all Anything to do with Safe Mode isn't an option either since there is absolutely nothing happening after my BIOS loads up Just a completely black screen No Windows logo No blinking cursor Nothing All I can think of now is backing up my personal files and reformatting reinstalling Windows from scratch but I really really do not want to do that Any help would be much appreciated EDIT Forgot to mention my computer has always had a habit of crashing BSODing at the most inopportune times due to some crappy music hardware I own Not really related to this problem but the only cause I can think of is that my computer crashed when the update was installing I just shut it down and went out last night leaving the update to finish installing and turn the computer off by itself so I didn't see what happened Specs Windows Ultimate x Asus mobo I forget the model Can check if it's necessary CPU AMD Phenom II Black GPU Asus ENGTX TOP

A:Black Screen After BIOS. Windows Will Not Boot Since Update

Help me before I reformat and/or kill myself

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293708-black-screen-after-bios-windows-will-not-boot-since-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a strange problem on my Windows machine I've had my HP Pavilion p p for BIOS Splash Hangs Screen after Boot: Initial at least four years now and I upgraded it to Windows a few months ago I recently have done a clean install of Windows but Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen one problem seems persistent When I turn on Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen my computer it splashes the HP Pavilion BIOS screen and then hangs at a blank screen with a white quot quot blinking as if it was looking for a drive to boot from If I hit the quot esc quot key during boot however it loads the boot menu displaying my hard drive the DVD drive and my external hard drive When I select the main drive it boots up just fine Any reason for this One individual suggested I update Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen my BIOS because it's a version Any tips on how to do that I've never upgraded BIOS before and frankly I'm a bit intimidated to Thanks for your help I'll be willing to supply more information if you need it

A:Initial Boot: Hangs after BIOS Splash Screen

Try resetting the BIOS.

Power off, unplug the power cord.
Open the case.
Remove the CMOS battery (silver, about the size of a quarter).
Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to let all the capacitors drain.
Put the battery back in.
Check all the cables and connectors, make sure they are firmly seated.
Close the case.
Plug in the power cord and power up.

You will get an error message about corrupted CMOS, Press F1 or F2. Press the key to go into Setup.
Load defaults(Fn key or a selection on one of the screens).
Save and exit.

See if that makes a difference.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/18563-initial-boot-hangs-after-bios-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop wont boot (It does turn on, but only shows a completely black screen) after enabling Virtual Technology on the BIOS, keyboard wont respond (bloq mayus led wont turn on either), also Ive installed Lucidlogix virtu mvp mobile a few minutes before getting the black screen, but i dont think the problem is there because i did a succesful reboot after the installation. Specs:Lenovo IdeaPad Z400 (GT740m edition)GT740m - Intel HD 4000 (both with latets drivers)Intel I3 3110m4GB ramWindows 8.1 I CANT ACCESS TO SAFE BOOT OR BIOS, since the keyboard wont respondI tried: shift + f8 f8escsuprspacef2recovery buttonalmost every key in my laptop

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Laptop Won't Boot (BLACK SCREEN, NO BIOS ACCES, NO...

Maybe reseting the BIOS would help, but the Z400 has an integrated battery so I cant do the battery removal reset trick, is there another way to reset BIOS on the IdeaPad z400?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Laptop-Won-t-Boot-BLACK-SCREEN-NO-BIOS-ACCES-NO-SAFE-MODE-SOLVED/td-p/1432625
Relevancy 51.6%

I have two harddrives, the primary one 584 GB, the secondary one 1.36 TB. When booting, my computer takes about a minute or two to fully load, but if I start to actually use it, virtually all programs will move slowly, consume lots of memory, explorer windows will take forever to load, and even cause my video card to stutter a bit.

A while ago, I unplugged the secondary drive, and found that my computer booted up much faster, and was infinitely more stable soon after loading.

But with two harddrives, in order to maintain stability, I often wait up to 5 - 10 minutes after booting to the desktop, just to be safe.

Is this a normal symptom of having two huge harddrives, both of which are filled with about 500 GB each, and programs like Norton security suite and messenger programs all needing to boot up? Or is this a problem with the second harddrive?

A:Dual harddrives affecting computer boot speed/stability?

Does the secondary drive contain anything other than data?

For all we know, you have an antique processor and/or very little RAM, in which case anything is possible.

I would say it's not normal if you have a modern processor and at least 2 GB of RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/232314-dual-harddrives-affecting-computer-boot-speed-stability.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer has slow computer freeze boot-up...computer running lock-up on sometimes lock-ups every so often where I will have to manually re-boot Lately in the past week or so I've noticed that when I boot my computer it works very hard i can hear it working but it takes - minutes until I can open and programs internet etc My desktop boots normal very quickly I just can't access anything until the slow running computer on boot-up...computer lock-up freeze sometimes computer works hard for the - minutes then it seems to slow down or catch up finally and I can access stuff When slow running computer on boot-up...computer lock-up freeze sometimes I do have a computer freeze few times a week sometimes It will just freeze and sometimes it will freeze and a contant beep will sound Thanks for any help you can offer DSS log blelow DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Paltalk Messenger paltalk exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page www google com BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - lt orphaned gt BHO HP Print Enhancer C E- - -BF - C - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast Online Security E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll EB HP Smart Web Printing D D - BD - -A -CFC A - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp bho dll uRun MSMSGS c program files messenger msmsgs exe background uRun BitTorrent c documents and settings owner application data bittorrent BitTorrent exe MINIMIZED mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun PDVDDXSrv c program files cyberlink powerdvd dx PDVDDXSrv exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Freecorder FLV Service c program files freecorder FLVSrvc exe run mRun APSDaemon c program files common files apple apple application support APSDaemon exe mRun Adobe ARM c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe mRun AvastUI exe c program files avast software avast AvastUI exe nogui mRun SunJavaUpdateSched c program files common files java java update jusched exe uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRu... Read more

A:slow running computer on boot-up...computer lock-up freeze sometimes

Hey, Please download FRST (by Farbar) from the link below and save it to your Desktop.Download Mirror #1If you are unsure whether you have 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows, see hereDisable all anti-virus and anti-malware software to prevent them inhibiting FRST in any way. If you are unsure how to do this, see THIS.Double-click FRST.exe/FRST64.exe (depending on which version you downloaded) to run it. (if you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8: Please do a Right click on the FRST icon and select Run as Administrator)When the disclaimer appears, click Yes.Click Scan to start FRST.When FRST finishes scanning, two logs, FRST.txt and Addition.txt will open.Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of both of these logs into your next post please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563437/slow-running-computer-on-boot-upcomputer-lock-up-freeze-sometimes/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am trying to get my -d cl to boot after upgrading the bios here's what happened - installed SSD to replace failing hdd computer worked great but disk had bad sectors verified failing hdd w nd computer - enabled Legacy support in BIOS so I could install w Pro bit- installed w Pro bit no problems booted into Windows everything working as expected- installed Audio driver from HP site for this -d cl- upgraded BIOS from HP site for -d cl boot, BIOS on don't 15-d017 Win+B keys black screen ... Updated program said BIOS flash then hung- after about minutes I repowered the machine black screen- booting while pressing F key brings up standard white text on screen F BIOS Setup Options but it hangs there- booting while holding down the Win B keys with or without a USB which has a different BIOS update just hangs nbsp How do I unbrick my machine nbsp I tried to download 15-d017 Updated BIOS black screen on boot, Win+B keys don't ... the GB tool for a USB that will roll back the BIOS update but the download stops after - MB I tried times Is 15-d017 Updated BIOS black screen on boot, Win+B keys don't ... HP capping downloads from their FTP server Help Any ideas will be appreciated Does my model support Win B keys to roll back the BIOS update Is there another site where I can d l the USB tool to roll back the BIOS update HELP

A:15-d017 Updated BIOS black screen on boot, Win+B keys don't ...

Hi mscir, Your doing  the W+B the wrong way! First thing is you need to load the BIOS DEFAULTS Turn you computer off (If its currently turned off)Turn it back on then tap away ESC in order for you to access the START MENUPress F10 then press F9 then Press F10 again to save the changes then Press Enter if prompted. If the above fix did not resolve your issue then perform the emergency Bios flush Many HP notebook computers have an emergency BIOS recovery feature that allows you to recover and install the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive, as long as the hard drive remains functional. This emergency recovery feature is separate from the BIOS and is designed to work in the event of a catastrophic BIOS failure. NOTE: If the hard disk partition is deleted or inaccessible, follow the steps in the HP support document: Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external storage device Follow these steps to recover an earlier version of the BIOS on your notebook: 1.            Turn off the computer. 2.            Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter. 3.            Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off. 4.            Still pressing the Windows and B keys, press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Power button and the keys. The Power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for 30 to 60 seconds. You might hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS updates automatically. If the HP BIOS Update screen displays, continue to step 5.If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, find your condition from the following options and then follow the steps for that condition: ?              Computer boots into WindowsIf your computer is able to boot into Windows, update the BIOS to the latest version using the standard BIOS update procedure as per the HP support document: Updating the BIOS (Notebooks)?              Power LED light turns offThe computer turns off if you press and hold the power button too long. Repeat steps 1 through 4 above, this time press and hold the power button down for between one to three seconds in step 4.?              After repeated attempts, the HP BIOS Update screen does not openYour computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening. Contact HP Support for further assistance. Figure : HP BIOS Update screen 5.            After the BIOS is recovered, a Continue Startup button displays and a timer counts down. Click the Continue Startup button to restart the computer immediately. The computer restarts automatically when the timer reaches zero. Figure : HP BIOS Update screen 6.            When the computer restarts, a message similar to the following displays: A system BIOS Recovery has occurred. BIOS Recovery (500) Enter ? Continue. Press the Enter key to continue immediately or to allow the computer to reboot automatically. NOTE: After restoring the BIOS, if the computer repeatedly displays a message that the BIOS has been recovered, perform the steps in the HP support document: HP BIOS Application Selected Is Corrupt or Missing. 7.            After ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/15-d017-Updated-BIOS-black-screen-on-boot-Win-B-keys-don-t/td-p/5636356
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I've just moved, and my pc, on the third time I've used it here has failed to boot past its gigabyte bios screen. After opening it up and making sure the motherboard/ other component cables were correctly plugged in, it successfully booted and worked normally, until I turned it off and on again, now, its back to square one :(
It's hardware specs are as follows:
1 Xigmatek NRP-MC 650W, 1 Sapphire HD4850 1G DDR3 1G 256Bit GDDR3 PCIE2, 1 Samsung 1TB SATA II 7200RPM 32M, 1 OCZ 3G(3x1G) DDR3 10666 Platinum CL-7-7-7-20,
1 LG H22NS30 SATA 22X+- Super Multi DVD Rewriter Black with Software,
1 Intel Core i7 920 Processor LGA1366 2.66GHz 8MB Cache CPU, 1 Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P MB - I'm also using a usb logitech keyboard, which only starts working once I get to the windows login screen....

Any help with diagnosing what's not working and how to fix it would be really appreciated, thanks.

A:Windows Vista PC fails to boot past the bios screen

I'm guessing your HDD is broken, or poorly connected!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-vista-pc-fails-to-boot-past-the-bios-screen-523219.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My Satellite pro L300-1FN is refusing to boot up. When switched on the laptop displays the toshiba/insyde H20 BIOS splash screen and the "Press F2 go to Setup Utility, F12 go to boot menu" message and flashes the hard disk access light but does not attempt to continue loading. I have left the bios at the splash screen but it does nothing for many hours on AC or runs the battery flat while on battery.

Is there a way of re-setting the BIOS on this unit? If it were a desktop unit I would remove the CMOS battery to force a BIOS reset but this is impossible on a laptop. The hard disk is fine as I have connected it to another system to remove valuable data.

A:Satellite Pro L300-1FN does not boot - hangs at BIOS splash screen

Hi

What happens if you press F2 while notebook booting up?
Can you access the BIOS?
If yes, access the BIOS and set it to default. I think you will need to press F9 or F10 to get default settings but this will be mentioned at the bottom of the BIOS page.

Check this!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59637-Satellite-Pro-L300-1FN-does-not-boot-hangs-at-BIOS-splash-screen
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi pavilionG6 black up Failed only BIOS boot and screen update,HP won't everyone Please help out here I have an HP Pavilion G - d ca It crashed the other day while I was using it and when I restarted it it went to BIOS update It froze while updating and died in itself I think the battery died it wasn't plugged in I never knew about BIOS update so I wasn't expecting for the battery to die during the update so I didn't plug it in Second time booted it up it was plugged in this time and went into BIOS update once again Failed BIOS update,HP pavilionG6 won't boot up and only black screen All's good was able to use the laptop for about five minutes then it crashed once again Now when I boot it up nothing comes Failed BIOS update,HP pavilionG6 won't boot up and only black screen up on the screen No nothing The power button is on the wi-fi is on the LED light is blinking non-stop more than times than what is referred to the HP website I tried doing the remove battery and adapter press power button for seconds plug it in without the battery but to no avail I also did the whole win B but doesn't work either I tried pressing f but nothing comes up on the screen I don't remember where I put the recovery discs that came with the laptop I thought I put it on the box together with recovery discs for our other computers at home but I guess I didn't The thing is I don't know where to begin since I don't have anything on the screen itself Not even a start-up logo or something I only had this laptop for about months and looking at the other threads it might be a hard drive failure problem I could return it to HP but was just wondering if any good soul around here could help me one last time to revive it without the need of sending it over to HP Thank you

A:Failed BIOS update,HP pavilionG6 won't boot up and only black screen

Did you run a BIOS update, because it wouldn't restart into one. What exactly did the screen say that made you think it was a BIOS update being done without running it yourself (unheard of).

What LED light is blinking nonstop?

Can you boot into HP Factory Recovery: HP Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using HP Recovery - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

You can try these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot which will tell you if you can boot a disk to do repairs. If so besides links to the Win7 installer to use for repairs, there are also links to HD and RAM bootable CD tests to check your hardware.

But if this cannot get traction quickly what I would do with such a new rig is call HP Tech Support and have them walk you through steps to determine if it should be returned or if there is a known issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232933-failed-bios-update-hp-paviliong6-wont-boot-up-only-black-screen.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I was working on a client's HP Touchscreen and needed to boot a flash drive to perform a virus scan It originally had Windows instaled but had been force-upgraded to Windows nbsp When I enabled Legacy Support it automagically disabled Secure Boot I set the UEFI boot order to USB OSD then HDD I set the Legacy boot order to USB OSD then HDD Saved and exited nbsp Laptop restarted and stopped dead nothing but a gray screen Fan runs but HDD is silent Nothing Legacy Screen boot Option Gray No BIOS & Yields on the screen not even a blinking cursor Power off pull battery disconnect AC drain the capacitors attach AC and boot Same result nbsp Power off on and tap ESC same result Repeat but tap F same result Connect external monitor no video Recover BIOS and boots Legacy BIOS Option Yields Gray Screen & No boot perfectly from HDD still no Legacy support nbsp Tried just disabling Secure Boot only but it automagically enabled Legacy and disabling Legacy automagically Legacy BIOS Option Yields Gray Screen & No boot enabled Secure Boot nbsp I've scoured the internet and this forum Saw one topic with exacly the same problem but with no resolution I no longer have the laptop so cannot give more info or do further tests nbsp Does anyone know why Legacy BIOS Option Yields Gray Screen & No boot enabling Legacy and disabling Secure Boot would cause this Need an answer 'cuz I'm pretty sure this is going to be a problem in the near-future Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Legacy-BIOS-Option-Yields-Gray-Screen-amp-No-boot/td-p/5592593
Relevancy 50.74%

The computer has a blank screen but the fan is working. The caps light blink twice, then pauses and does that sequence over and over. I read that it is a corrupt bios and have tried windows key with "B" but it does not work. I need a bios file to put on usb to try it that way but can not find one on HP site, help please

A:dv7-3065dx wont boot/ black screen need a bios file

Hi @lasernat,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7-3065dx Notebook and it having startup issues.  Try performing a BIOS reset, restore the settings to BIOS Factory default settings.When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.Try to connect to a monitor to see what happens.Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/dv7-3065dx-wont-boot-black-screen-need-a-bios-file/td-p/5599667