Windows Support Forum

Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery

Q: Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery

To make a very long story short I have an acomdata ext hard drive that has in someway failed Anytime I connect it to a computer it can t be read a recovery USB HD disassembling data Need + external help If you would like any background data on the steps that me and another member took to try and get the drive recognized you can look here http www techspot com vb topic - html In that link is all the data and product specs that you would need Now on to the real reason for this thread I would like to take this ext hard drive apart and I am not really sure how to that I hope that somebody on here may have some experience with this hard drive Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery but im not holding my breath I did however Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery find a link to a very similar HD http www gearhack com myink ViewP ridDrive External Hard Drive Disassembly html I read a little bit about the process and I already have questions I think i will save those questions for when we actually get to those steps I will get started on taking it apart and see if anyone has anything to add in Thanx for the help nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need help disassembling a USB external HD + data recovery

Your link looks sufficient. I've got 4 external enclosures hooked up to several computers. The principle is the same in them all. If your enclosure is like the one shown then it is real simple. Ignore all the wires plugged into the green PCB because you don't need to disconnect any of them. Once you get to the point where you can see the drive itself, you may need to remove 4 screws from the bottom (also shown in your link). Then the drive will slide out a few millimeters away from the PCB and can be lifted out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-disassembling-a-usb-external-hd-data-recovery.160952/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all,

I must find a solution to this problem. I'll try and explain as best I can.

I had a PS3 with a 320GB HD inside - my PS3 broke and I need to get the data off this disc. It contains video of my new baby girl and photos that are very important to me.

So - I bought a 2.5inch SATA external HD enclosure, fixed the HD inside and plugged into my PC thinking I could just copy the data across. But my PC will not recognise the drive. I think I need to format the drive before it is recognised but obviously that isn't an option.

Can somebody please help me out here?

A:Data Recovery from external disc

Hi - is there anybody that could help please?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-from-external-disc-343788.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hi, this is my first post here so i hope im in the right place.
(mods, please move if not)

so my desktop recently bit the dust (apparently due to a known motherboard issue for which hp doesnt want to give me a replacement, but thats another story).

i should be getting my new laptop tomorrow, and i'm wondering if i can pull the hard drive from the desktop, pop it into an external drive enclosure, and copy the data onto the laptop. both systems are vista, though the desktop was 32 and the laptop is 64.
any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Data recovery using external enclosure?

Yes, you can.
You must buy the right external enclosure for your hard disk type (IDE or SATA).

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229360-data-recovery-using-external-enclosure.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I m new here and saw some posts that lead me to believe this may be the place I will finally receive answers to this problem I apologize for the bold text in title moderators but i m in dire need -- it s an external hard drive data issue Information A I own a brand new Mac Pro - OSX a Dell Laptop - I External help recovery!!! pleease.. data need XP Windows NTFS Format and a Playstation Entertainment System - PS no further OS - format unknown B I own a TB Western Digital External Hard Drive just bought about months ago It worked fine between my Laptop and PS for some time until one day and till this day only my PS can read it C I didn t want to reformat the my external because I have important files that aren t media based - thus being that the PS only reads basic media based files video pics audio D Although my PS recognizes all of the folders within my external I cannot compress them to be sent elsewhere so I need help pleease.. External data recovery!!! that I may reformat and the web servers available to my PS only read media files to be transferred among my computers E My external isn t damaged no buzzing or humming sounds it works fine and lights up as it should I just cannot access it by conventional means I have a warranty F My Warranty with Western Digital does not cover this issue I tried They offered to replace the External if it is damaged but it s not They even said the cause may be corrupted files This may be true cause I manually deleted a couple of them through my PS My Attempts When I plug my external into my Laptop I get G drive regardless of what USB slot I put it in When I plug it into my Mac I get nothing I considered opening the external s casing to access the confirmed SATA drive connection but I am inexperienced with this kind of procedure and not sure to risk it I downloaded a Data Recovery software program called quot Data Recovery Wizard Professional v quot which I have yet to use because I understand I must first format my external in order for it to recover my deleted files True testimonials say it works but TOO RISKY Have yet to find a network server that can connect to my PS amp Computers and handle more than just media files I considered websites and email providers that offer file storage but the PS cannot compress folders and I cannot access the type of files I need transferred from the external connected to the PS Even though I just bought a Mac Pro for my business I am sad to say i m back to square one with troubleshooting the formatting problem I even considered calling around with this sensitive issue to Computer Stores and Hardware Repair Shops to restore my data Either it s too expensive or they won t try it MY PLEA Please no responses about the dumping my data elsewhere to commence reformatting because no other computer can access my external That answer shows no one is listening Please no quot You re sh t out of luck quot answers too cause I know there s a way Lol I just haven t figured it out yet May it be that I can match the formatting on my computers the same as the PS Please do not assume I know anything if you must provide detailed procedural instructions Please HELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I am attempting to connect a SATA HD to my mobo which doesn't have a SATA connection in an attempt to recover data that is on the HD. Is this even possible and if so Is there some kind of converter that I can purchase to make the connection to the mobo possible?

A:Attempting data recovery from an external HD

On ebay they sell SATA-USB conector from $9 you have to take the power from your power source to get the power to the disc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/attempting-data-recovery-from-an-external-hd.109732/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Dimension 8400 that we no longer use. The last time I used it it was giving me the blue screen of death upon startup. It would not even start windows before BSD. I have a ton of family photos and data on it. So, someone mentioned that I could possibly pull the HD out, mount it in an external disc enclosure, and then access the pictures and data I want to recover. Sounds easy and reasonable to me. How about you Guys? What do you think? Thanks., Dan

Relevancy 64.93%

I bought recovery external Comcast drive Data from this drive years ago or rather I received as a gift details aside the thing broke and I m having one tiny issue before I can install its guts and save the remainder Data recovery from Comcast external drive of my data Data recovery from Comcast external drive I ve read similar issues on other forums with what is more than likely the same product and found a few conspicuous details It s a Tb drive made up of two Gb WD HD s installed in a Raid format The Primary Master within the case is in a continuous start-up cycle I E Spin up click twice reset so assuming I can get the freezer trick to work long enough I should be able to clean it no problem The problem I DO have is pretty pathetic by comparison I checked the BIOS and the broken drive is recognized as PM while my actual main drive is only M Could this be preventing Windows from normal start-up If so how do I Change the M S setting on a Sata drive so the broken drive is recognized as a slave instead and how do I Change the setting on my main Sata drive to read Primary Master rather than rd Master The second drive is a non-issue it seems as it s recovering fine as I type this but I May have to recover them simultaneously as a virtual Raid if the data is split in some f d way as well Either way only the one drive is giving me problems at the moment nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-comcast-external-drive.160230/
Relevancy 64.93%

So I posted earlier about how I forgot the password of please on data drive: an hard external recovery help my Western Digital MyBook Essentail harddrive I gave up and pursued another option Data recovery I read that basically when data gets deleted it just loses it s tag so it can be replaced by something else Therefore if you delete your data data recovery on an external hard drive: please help but never read write on the drive you should be able to recover many all the files you lost If you enter the password wrong times data recovery on an external hard drive: please help on the Smartware that comes with the MyBook it gives you the option data recovery on an external hard drive: please help to erase your drive losing all your data but enabling you to access the drive again It wipes it basically I also think it reformatted it too as it used to be in what Macintosh calls it quot ms dos quot format or something probably fat right It was in a format so it could be read writable on both macs and pc s So I took the risk and went for it I erased the drive after typing in what i wished was my password but wasn t times Now I am trying to find software that I might be able to use to fix this predicament I m in At the moment I am going to go to bed and leave test disk running It s quick scan only found two partitions some efs thing that I didn t recognize and mac hfs I think I watched on youtube this guy demo d test disk and the name of his partition showed up too I named my harddrive yonbanme I didn t see anything like that pop up now the harddrive s name is reset to WD or something it s model number Any advice is greatly appreciated but I have this lingering feeling that something is off I ve been using software here and there and none of them seem to be able to locate my old files Am I naive in thinking that as long as I do not write any more data to the external harddrive I still should be able to recover my files nbsp

A:data recovery on an external hard drive: please help

Sometimes you can recover data and sometimes you cannot. You are correct in that when you do a normal delete, you are really just removing the references to the file in the MFT or if fat32, the FAT.

Since it did format, and there was some type of security, it may have done a secure type of format or erase of the data. It may still be possible to recover data however it is most likely going to have to go to a data recovery shop. Prices for this are NOT cheap. Here a very basic data recovery costs $100 plus whatever media it used to copy the data. Prices go way up from there.

It does you little good now however we have a saying; "Data you do not have at least two copies of is data you do not care about" With an image backup of the data files, this would be a no brainer to fix. New drive and restore the data; done.

You have learned a valuable lesson regarding backups; hopefully it did not cost you too much data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-on-an-external-hard-drive-please-help.904191/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi SevenForums First time posting here so thanks in advance for any help offered to this noob Have read over the tutorial thread started by Jumanji quot Windows Request external from guidance: data Recovery for of USB drive Regain a lost drive using Test Disk - An Illustrated Guide quot which was very informative and gave me hope that I might find Request for guidance: Recovery of data from external USB drive assistance here for the issue I've encountered Base issue HDD no longer showing data partition Listed as Disk in the Disk Management screenshot attached Suspected cause Loss of power to external HDD enclosure due to pet rabbit attacking power cable Have read that rabbits see wires as roots that are encroaching upon their warren and actively quot trim quot them as to keep the warren tidy Current status Have removed the drive from the external closure and have installed it as a standard HDD As you can see from the Disk Management screenshot attached the drive is recognized and shows up as quot Unallocated quot and quot Not Initialized quot Using Test Disk to attempt partition recovery see attached screenshot Currently in progress and showing some very cryptic output Has taken over hours to reach analysis complete Unsure of next steps please advise As I said thanks in advance for any suggestions Really appreciate the contributions on this site so far and will endeavor to update this with what works or does not work for me

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394216-request-guidance-recovery-data-external-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Problem I suspect my external hard drive is old worn out Symptoms Device manager recognizes it as a USB device drive hard recovery External anyway crashed, program? data under Hard Disk but disk management calls it unknown and not initialized No drive letter is shown under External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? my computer When I plug in the hard drive I would hear it spinning up and than quickly down than spinning up again and going back down until it finally just idles Goal Try to recover my jpgs doc and txt files Specs FantomDrives GB model number TFD U had it for about a year and a half now It had an NTFS partition and no special software was used to maintain the external hard drive nor was an operating system installed on it Just basic files if it matters My computer is a windows Vista home External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? basic on a acer aspire laptop How it happened just before I left for work i had things downloaded STRAIGHT to the hard drive When I get home it seems someone in the household unplugged everything to move the laptop Since than the drive has crashed However even before External hard drive crashed, anyway data recovery program? this I noticed strange behavior like it would just stop being recognized as a hard drive in the middle of copying a GB file but at that time it was on a mac so I assumed it may have just been operating system differences with the NTFS partition Self Attempts I ve tried the drive on multiple computers as well as on macs No new drive appears I ve also tried a program called TestDisk but the program only saw my internal hard drive and nothing else After it asks me for a log thats the next screen I got and it only found one drive even though my external hard drive was connected Perhaps testDisk isn t the best of program Is there any method I can try or other programs I am desperate to recover mainly my documents and text files as well as jpgs Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi:
I have a latop that seems to have an overheared motherboard.
I removed it's internal HDD and made it an external HDD of a laptop I bought to replace it.
My new Laptop sees the external HDD but I can not access the documents/pictures/programs, yet the laptop acknowledges the data.
I am running Windows XP on both but the original laptop requested a password for the user.
I am not sure where the problem is.
Any suggestions?

Regarding the overheating, the heatsink was blocked with a wad of LINT.
The laptop will not boot up and basically the led indicators slowly light up and then turn off when I try to boot up.
I am not sure of it is the power connection/fuse(?), something on the mother board, or chip. I did notice a few days before the final crunch that the graphics were distorted.

Gabianni

Relevancy 55.04%

I have problems mine is recovering data from a DVD-R amp a friend is looking for my help in recovering data from a quot corrupted quot Flash Drive I was burning data on a DVD-R multiple sessions disk when my Burner crapped out while using Nero I now have a new Burner amp when I go back into this disk I can only read data from my st session when I compare the s from Nero s disk info tool however it also shows that session is still open but I cannot read anything from sessions amp Looking around I spotted CD Recovery Tool Box Free is there anything more recent and or better that would let me try to recover the data on this disk The data in session is still on my HD but I would like to be able to recover the data in the other sessions worst DVD-R data recovery data Flash & Drive recovery possible case even just the file names would be a DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery small plus Now for the Flash Drive It is a Lexar Gig DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery amp what supposedly happened is that Peter lent it to a fellow employee so he could extract some data probably a mistake When he got it back a few minutes later amp tried to use it all he got was a message that it was corrupted As it has all of his product codes phone numbers amp personal sales data for the last year he is really desperate to try amp recover DVD-R data recovery & Flash Drive data recovery the data He does not have a computer of his own so he has no backup another bad idea He has gotten a new Flash Drive a Sony Gig but I have told him that he better go out amp get a nd one to use as a backup As I know basically nothing about Flash Drives is there a program out there that maybe can recover his data Any and all help along with a few words of advice would be greatly appreciated Oh yes I have computers one running on Windows so I can run my old DOS programs amp HD so I guess that dates me amp the other on XP Pro which from what I have read may be an advantage in recovery Happy Skies Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-data-recovery-flash-drive-data-recovery.137570/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an external data range importing data (Access DB via file DSN) into an Excel spreadsheet.
My problem is date/currency fields in Access do not format properly after refreshing. Most of the time the fields default to a general.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 52.03%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 51.6%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 51.17%

BTW if this is in the wrong forum then please tell me and then move as appropriate Thanks Yesterday I was trying to put my Packard Bell iMedia running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack to sleep and I got a blue screen with the following error codes STOP x x x C A xC x Following that I could not boot in any mode further than the Microsoft Windows XP loading screen at which point the same blue screen was displayed Today I decided to go ahead with a Packard Bell Partial Recovery which allows you to retain your data At first the System Restore on the first screen and Partial Recovery on the second screen options were greyed out and then Bell recovery Data following Packard partial recovery System Restore randomly became available so I tried that got an error message clicked quot OK quot the first time and closed it the second time and both times it restarted Then Partial Recovery was suddenly available So I went ahead with that and when it came to the screen where it asked me what user I wanted to retain the only option was quot No Profile quot Thinking that my data would still be in the place the instructions said it would be C documents and settings Chosen user name I went ahead with quot No Profile quot The recovery ran and the computer restarted and Windows started up again as if it was the first time I'd ran the computer So I created the two user accounts that had previously existed and then logged in with mine Among other messages due to the computer thinking it was new again a Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery Packard Bell window came up telling me that Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery the recovery had succeeded and my data was in quot C documents and settings Chosen user name quot It wasn't there And it's not there for the other account for Default User for All Users or for Shared Documents There is however about GB of the hard drive being used up by something and I don't know what So after all that I really have two questions Is my data still on the computer Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery If so can I recover it I'm on an old Compaq with Windows ME right now BTW I was able to hook it up to my monitor and get an internet connection It's just as well I had it

A:Data recovery following Packard Bell partial recovery

clarification - does your documents and settings folder only shows your new accounts?

do you have two window folders? Try a windows search for your old profile folder and see what it comes up with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-following-packard-bell-partial-recovery-205468.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am working on my sisters Toshiba L d-S notebook windows gb amd v processor gb drive Started with error msg at boot quot encountered a problem communicating with create from as to partition mounted usb-external drive recovery how recovery dvd's a device at startup quot Couldn t get by this error took out drive inserted into usb-enclosure and tested numerous sector errors She has also lost the recovery disks I made for her I used partition software to scan just the recovery partition and there are no errors reported there What I would like to do is to copy to a flash drive or make new recovery dvd s from this recovery partition then I can use the coa from the back of the notebook if necessary how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive for full install onto a new hard drive However I can t use the toshiba notebook for this I can only use my desktop pc for the xfer using the toshiba hard drive as a usb external drive and the toshiba media creator software will not install onto my desktop pc doesn t give me a reason I would prefer to go the dvd-route but flash drive would be ok too Any info is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-create-recovery-dvds-from-recovery-partition-mounted-as-usb-external-drive.1111084/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have been using a Kingston gb data traveler to store work however as I was saving my word document to go home Word crashed and restarted itself it did not however bring up any autorecover options I therefore thought everything was ok and pulled out the USB When I tried to plug this in again it says USB device not recognized This device may have malfunctioned etc It then proceeds to install the USB as an unknown recovery? unrecognised Traveller USB - data Data device and appear like this in the device manager I desperately need to recover this data I was designing a Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? website and had pages of text on the USB stick What I ve Tried Plugging the USB in another machine This bought up exactly the same error Downloading a Data Doctor Recovery Pen Data Traveller USB unrecognised - data recovery? Drive tool This however did not recognise a USB as being in the system and thus did not work Is there anything I can do to rescue this data P s I use Vista -bit Business nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-traveller-usb-unrecognised-data-recovery.739439/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 50.74%

pete

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya I managed to lose one of my HDD s with all my multimedia on it and have been trying unsuccessfully Pc Data File Recovery Inspector Recovery With to regain it with PCINSPECTOR The Data Recovery With Pc Inspector File Recovery HDD ISNT where my windows is installed and has become corrupted something happened with the partition and it went kablooey The problem i seem to be having with PCINSPECTOR is that it comes up with for example quot Cluster MP quot and it doesn t work Is it something wrong with how im using PCI or something like that I scan for drives Choose quot NONAME on FIXED DISK quot scan for logical drives and withing the first ten seconds it comes up with two partitions Choosing the second one i get these files and the first one nothing Scanning them for FAT So basically am i using quot PCI FR quot properly am i doing something wrong and or is there a cheap better alternative with results Patch Sorry guys bt i managed to fix this with the use of a different program Awesome program I m gonna plug it now quot R Studio quot well worth the investment My Multimedia was worth the odd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152008/data-recovery-with-pc-inspector-file-recovery/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,I have just bought hp envy 15 -ah100na. I wonder how to disassemble this laptop. I coudn't find the removable battery socket where as it is important to remove battery first before dismanteling a laptop. can you please help me?

A:disassembling

Jub. This should help. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04686890 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/disassembling/td-p/5637824
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a noisy fan in a Toshiba 1710CDS Satellite Laptop. Often crashes due to over heating (I think). I have tried to take off back by removing screws to oil fan. I can't get the back off or find screws holding on the keyboard.

Anyone know the tricks?

A:Disassembling a Laptop

I would suggest taking it to a repair shop or see about warantee. Laptops are notorious for being hard to take apart.

If you really want to risk it, then remove all the screws and carefully try to pry the laptop apart at the seams. Usually they will have little plastic latches that hold it in place, gently try to open these latches. Never force anything too hard and be careful with the cables inside, they are much more fragile than standard computer cables.

You might want to check out the toshiba website for your laptop to search for any additional information.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disassembling-a-laptop.278816/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys,

Did anyone disassemble Satellite U940?

I have problems with the cooling fan loud noise, so I need to open and clean it.

I tried to do that but I was not able to reach the fan since I'm not that expert and I didn't want to break anything.

Is there anyone who did it so he can adivce me?

A:Disassembling Satellite U940

>... since I'm not that expert and I didn't want to break anything.
That the reason why you should not do anything. Small mistake and you can damage something. There are many small plastic holders that can be broken.

Notebook disassembling should be done by authorized personal only and following instructions from maintenance manuals.

Have you tried to reduce cooling fan activity changing settings for cooling method? You can find it n advanced power options.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?76959-Disassembling-Satellite-U940
Relevancy 49.02%

the hard disk is expiring on my daughters vintage 1999 sony PCG-F180. The laptop gets little use, only when she is home from collage. I have an old 6Gb laptop drive, from another project. so the expense is nothing. The other project was a compaq. At the time, Compaq had a web site with illustrations, so the job was easy. If any one has any info that would help, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Steve L

A:need help disassembling a sony laptop

Ask this user who has devoted some time posting dissassembly guides for laptops:Thread from here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-disassembling-a-sony-laptop.409040/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone. Recently I purchased the Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm fan. It's a great fan with many positive reviews. However, the coloring is not my taste (beige casing/brown blades). So, I want to disassemble it so I can paint it (red blades/black casing). Now I looked around online and found a guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tUxiSMnGSQ for disassembling the 120mm Noctua NF-P12 which I figured would be similar for my fan but it doesn't quite seem so. I am having extreme difficulty when it comes to removing the fan blade itself. Unlike in this video where the fan blade releases rather easily, my NF-P14 just won't budge. It comes to the point where I'm nudging it so hard that I feel like I'm going to snap it off.

Does anyone have any experience with this fan? Some tips maybe?

A:Trouble disassembling Noctua NF-P14 FLX

This is going to sound obvious, but did you remove the split ring?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-disassembling-noctua-nf-p14-flx.146250/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all, i am requesting some technical assitance in solving this issue.

i have a hard disk that has been recently affected by [email protected] virus and all the .doc and xls files have been reduced to 1kb irispective of their initial sizes and when you open the files you get this error; DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]

I would like to recover the affected files to their original state, i have searched the internet over and no one seems to have the solution documented

currently i am trying to download QuickView Plus (Version 8), i have tried all aplications i can come across, including recover my files, winhex, get data back for ntfs, and r-studio.

i am honestly intrested in documenting the solution to this problem, and am intrested in suggestins on the best way to approach this

looking forward to your favourable reply.

regards

A:DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5] Data Recovery

You will most likely need to restore those files from a backup. But don't do anything until you've made sure the virus is gone. Don't want to reinfect the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-error-47-0f-94-93-f4-k5-data-recovery.504545/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have a larged data drive that failed a disk check. It stalls when starting stage two (I belive that is the verification of indexing). I have been able to back-up all of the folders except for a large folder of raw video. The PC locks up when I attempt to access/copy this folder (it appears to be part of the problem). I want to make an attempt to recover this data before reformatting the drive.

The check disk fails both at start up or if I run from the desktop both in regular and safe mode. Does anyone have tips for recoverying this data?

A:Data Recovery of data drive

You could try using a 98 boot disk and then run ntfsdos from there to access the ntfs partitions. Then try an xcopy of that file to another drive.

Another method could be to use Winrar to create a multipart archive and store it on another drive. This might chunk it up enuff.

Or boot to recovery console from the CD and then run chkdsk /r which marks any sectors that are corrupt as bad so they will not be used again, even after format. All take some time, but they are readily availalble fixes.

Alternatively, you could create an image of the drive and save that somewhere else, then run your drive manufacturers disk utility to check integrity of the disk.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-of-data-drive.370254/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone know how to take off the faceplate on the Dx4300?

A:Disassembling Gateway Dx4300 Case?

Quote: Originally Posted by mixlex

Does anyone know how to take off the faceplate on the Dx4300?

here is a link to the user guide Gateway Support - DX4300*Gateway DX4300 Desktop Series
in it is the information you require

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78976-disassembling-gateway-dx4300-case.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I would like to know if there are ways to repair a Thinkpad x200 keyboard without replacing it. It has sustained a water spill and the T, Y and Backspace buttons have not been functioning since. The keyboard?s circuit board is not easily accessible because it?s sealed with glue by the top layer which holds the buttons in place

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disassembling-a-thinkpad-x200-keyboard.141900/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have just taken apart my VAIO E Series and cleaned the fan, but then after I put the laptop together, it won't start. The light at the start button turned on, and then after 2-3 seconds turnes off, and then turned on again. It kept doing such with the battery, or without the battery(plugged in charger). How could I solve this problem? Did I permanently damaged my laptop. Please help me, it is a crucial time in my life, and without my laptop I cannot continue working.

A:Laptop won't start after disassembling and cleaning the fan

i did slightly touch the main processor a bit, but i mainly worked with the fan. I didnot fiddle or damage any wires i think.

i wrote this thread with my phone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-start-after-disassembling-and-cleaning-the-fan.1118389/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm stuck with removing the keyboard. Let's fire up the documentation: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/docs/MIGR-62866 Go to 1050 Keyboard > page 66 It says: Detach the keyboard connector 4 to remove the keyboard 5. With a picture. I am completely puzzled by this; mine doesn't seem to be taken apart easily. Any additional tips or help?

A:Disassembling an X61s to clean or replace the fan

You managed to remove the screws? 

You then need carefully lift it, I normally use a small plastic device similar to a guitar pick, and carefully insert it to the bottom of the keyboard to lift it (if memory serves well there used to be a small gap below the FN and Ctrl keys)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Disassembling-an-X61s-to-clean-or-replace-the-fan/td-p/2197567
Relevancy 48.59%

Please could someone advise me how to release the keyboard on a Sony Vaio VGN-A115Z.

I have removed the indicated screws from the underside, but the top cover seems to still be attached below the screen, with no obvious way of releasing it.

Thanks

Nick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disassembling-sony-vaio-vgn-a115z.39907/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all Please Be Mindful - That I Know Nothing At All About Laptops - This Is My First I just recently got my first laptop Its used - still in good shape and didnt pay much for it HP Disassembling TX1000 / Pavillion TX1110us at all From the time i first got it the Wireless did not work Unless it was with a USB quot thing quot plugged into the side What is the proper term for that piece please After reading around i learned that it was a pretty unfortunate common problem with these laptops that the heat generated caused the problem Im not sure how to go about troubleshooting the issue and would like to know how can Disassembling HP Pavillion TX1000 / TX1110us i be sure that simply replacing the quot Wireless N Card quot would fix the problem saw them available on ebay I would like to know how to disassemble it so that i can give it a good cleaning and have a visual of the soldering around the to see if the heat has melted the soldering anywhere Would also like to disassemble it so that i can clean inside the screen since it seems that i can see some shadows of some kind of particles that are think might be from the backlight I have been googling quite a bit but am really at a loss since i don t know where to look anymore Has anyone been able to find a guide that illustrates the dis-assembly cleaning maintenance of this model Thanks All nbsp

A:Disassembling HP Pavillion TX1000 / TX1110us

I found this vid on youtube. hope it helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQFKWbs30PU

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disassembling-hp-pavillion-tx1000-tx1110us.978385/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, I have been having a problem with my hp pavilion dv6000. I wanted to clean out the fan, so I took apart the whole thing. It was open and I was still able to turn it on. After having it off for a night, it wouldn't turn on! What happens when I press the power button with only the power cable plugged in, is that the fan spins for a second, a few of the LEDs turn on, and then it turns off for a second. Then it turns off, then on. Just a side note, when the power cable is plugged in, the blue LED at the power dock stays on.

A:Hp Pavilion running Windows 7 will not turn on after disassembling

Hi there Filip12345,

Dissassemble your laptop once more and this time, check to make sure there's no loose connections. Re-seat the ram and hard-drive. Also, try turning on the computer with only the AC adapter plugged in...disconnect the laptop battery. Hope everything works out well for you and let me know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-running-windows-7-will-not-turn-on-after-disassembling-750433.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Have a Logitech Optimouse (the one that uses the red light & not a rubber ball) and only Model Number on it is: M-8D69

Can this Mouse be taken apart to clean the switch contacts? If so, how?

Relevancy 47.73%

Thats the one so my laptop was overheating heavily and I decided to clean the cooler and the parts around it I disassembled the laptop to the point where I can take the cooler off cleaned it and then I put everything back The problem is now it won t work It starts normally passes into loading Satellite disassembling after A200-1MA boot - Pro Doesn't windows I ve got Windows sp and then after seconds or so he just shuts down I tried to go to bios but it Satellite Pro A200-1MA - Doesn't boot after disassembling does the same thing after seconds First time it showed BSOD with no explanation Just that some part stopped working and that it needs to shut down but I can t figure out what CPU should be fine it can t overheat in seconds so it s not cooler either begins the Windows loading so RAM and HDD can also be excluded My best guess is that I connected something wrong but I disassembled it - times today and can t find something that is not connected When I remove that upper plastic I need to disconnect this wires speakers on off button touchpad keyboard and another or connectors which I am pretty sure they are USB conns LAN maybe etc So can you at least tell me where to begin What to check

A:Satellite Pro A200-1MA - Doesn't boot after disassembling

Hey,

I also can?t say for sure what happened exactly but fact is notebook disassembling is not easy and should only be done from professional people. If you disassemble a notebook you have to be grounded for example to avoid electrical damages.

Anyway, everything what you can do is testing your notebook with factory settings (preinstalled OS from Toshiba). If you notice the same problem it?s a serious hardware malfunction and your notebook should be checked from professional people.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62655-Satellite-Pro-A200-1MA-Doesn-t-boot-after-disassembling
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright so heres what happened. My laptop was running very hot, so we took it apart and cleaned all the dust out. Then we put "artic silver 5" on the processor and gpu. when we got it all back together, the monitor had a purplish tint to it.

When we jiggled the monitor cable, the tint would change to other colors like bluish tint and other tints.
I took it into this computer repair guy, and he did something to it and now it looks like this:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9662/monitorl.jpg

I have no idea what he did.
Need help fixing. Thank you in advance,

A:Screen fault after disassembling of Satellite X205-s9349

Is this repair guy authorized for Toshiba notebook repair?

At first I must say that notebook disassembling is not for everyone and it will be done by authorized personal only. They do this following step-by-step maintenance manual with exact description how to do this. Thermal Compound/grease is not the same for all notebook models and used amount is also not the same. so what you have done was very risky and now you have problem. Who knows what is wrong there. In worst case the graphic adapter is death.

Have you tried to test it with external monitor? Please do this and post the result.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?44964-Screen-fault-after-disassembling-of-Satellite-X205-s9349
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I?m looking for a Data Recovery company [not a Data Software company] to recover data on my drive that will not spin. Want to spend less than $1000. Please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

A:Recommend Data Recovery Company not Data Software Company

Best Data Recovery Company

I have visited many data recovery websites and evaluated their product.

But my experience with one data recovery is almost excellent.

Nucleus Data Recovery, the leading data recovery company having biggest range of professional data recovery software.

Their support is also excellent you drop a email for any help they will respond within 5 minutes.

To recover your data try Kernel Recovery for FAT+NTFS.

The DEMO allows you to preview the recoverable contents and you can check whether the file is recovered correctly or not by double clicking on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-data-recovery-company-not-data-software-company.28462/
Relevancy 45.15%

friends,

I have a database where I import data from another database as follows:

Care tables that seat on the "External Data". Once you have a code for the event by clicking a button on a form, that takes each
record and puts in another table. At the end of the code imported table is deleted. Works perfectly, but I wonder if one way to accomplish this automatically.

For example, a button, which, via macro or vba, I say import external data, run a query to include external data in this table to an existing table in the database table and then delete this "temporary" my BD?

Thank you.

A:External Data

Yes you can do this with VBA code.
Have you considered "Linking" to the database and using a query to get the records that you want, rather than creating another table?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-data.1081021/
Relevancy 44.72%

Any suggestions on a good data recovery program?
Multiple file systems, fixes/repairs FAT's, scan HD and recovers data...ect....

We occasionally need to do this, but for the life of me I cant recall the program we use to use, so will simply find a new one

A:Data Recovery

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.444179/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Could someone please help me with my problem? I'm using Windows XP. I couldn't get it to load Windows it just kept going around and around to the start up process. I tried starting in Safe Mode and it wouldn't. My teenage son got an XP disk from one of his friends and I thought he was going to just boot it, but he reinstalled Windows XP and now all my stuff is gone. (I know I should be backing up to disks, BUT...)

Is there any possible chance I can get all my files back, or are they lost forever.

Hope you can help.

Thankyou.

Liz D

Relevancy 44.72%

Who has the best? The pricing seems to vary, why the big difference?

Relevancy 44.72%

I recently had to have my HD replaced and i need to recover the data from the old HD, mainly Photos. I was told that the HD had an electrical failure as opposed to a mechanical one if this helps..any suggestions on where i can send the HD to get the data recovered would be great..

Relevancy 44.72%

hey i by mistake formatted my hDD.. i need to recover stuff.
CAN any1 tell me the best and the FASTEST ..recovery software.!1
please help.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All,

I just realized that I neglected to back up some data after replacing windows vista with XP pro. Is there any way that I might recover it?

I formatted the entire hard drive with the "quick format" option during installation. That means that my old data was not completely erased, right?

In the meantime, I`m not adding any extra data to the hard drive, for fear of overwriting potentially retrievable deleted files.

Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 44.72%

Apologies if I m not posting correctly or in the right place I have follwoed all the steps on the Remove Data Recovery Uninstall Guide - twice actually because once I rebooted after not understanding the instructions fully and had to start again - S.M.A.R.T. Data Recovery but I still have the Data recovery program and shortcut showing up on my desktop and listed in my program files Of course trying to uninstall only activates the hide and messages Even in safe mode with networking I have not been able to get my computer to go online and I moved S.M.A.R.T. Data Recovery the RKill Download exe and the unhide exe to the corrupted computer via a stick I also pout the Malwarebyte s software onto the desktop this way and when I started it it said that the version I had was days old and that I could get an updated version which I thought might address the problem but havn t been able to figure out how to update when I can t get online It s taken me since Sunday to get this far and as I need my computer to work I am slowly lossing the will to live here Any help or further guidence would be most appreciated I saw manual remove instructions somewhere but didn t know the source and was therefore afraid to try I also tried to follow the Preparation Guide For Use Before Usig malware Removal Tools and REquesting Help Topic but got confused Sorry

A:S.M.A.R.T. Data Recovery

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454720/smart-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Im not sure if this really belongs here, but any way..

I had to format a computer, and installed Windows again...but first I had to copy the files over..well, I overlooked the desktop and didnt copy those files..

Is there any software out there that will recover these files even after a format has been done? Im willing to pay, but Im not willing to pay to send it to a company to do it. I've tried with Smart File Recovery, but they put each file as 1,492kb. I really need to get these excel and word docs back. They are the courts lol.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Here's a FREE one you can try, called RESTORATION

I never tried it on a reformatted drive but it worth a try. Let me know the out come.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.486063/
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently my 80 g external drive started making a loud noise and before I could get around to back it up it crashed. I tried using software recovery but I doesnt even pick it up. I am only trying to recover 2 g picture folder. Does anyone know of an unexpensive place where I send this to? The cheapest I found was 525.00 but I am still looking. Any help would be appreciated.Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Which program did you try? Some people have had luck with http://www.pcinspector.deMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105146/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

My power supply on my old comp died, so it was time to upgrade computers, I went from running windows XP to windows 7 now. I saved my old "previously upgraded" 320g wd internal drive to recover the data to my new machine. I got an external drive enclosure, installed everything but windows is telling me I dont have "access" to the drive. Any help? When I go into disk management, it sees the drive but it's not initialized, nor will it let me initialize it when I try.

Thanks

A:data recovery

Is that external connected via a controller card? Is the driver for that controller installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/153970-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My father's boot partition got badly corrupted to the point where xp pro won't run. He bought a new hard drive and dosn't know what program to use to recover/ repair the data. He wants to use a program via the new drive to read and move the data (not including windows since obviously its not needed) to said new drive. So we we're wondering if any of you know of a program that can do this on ntfs drives (If that matters at all). It dosn't matter if it costs money. Hes willing to pay for it. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 44.72%

My 30 GB drive started making a clanking noise last night and today finally lost the will to live I wanted to know if there was any way to retrieve the data that was on there? When it was connected and I switched my PC on, after the clanking noise the message on the screen said that there were no hard drives at all even though the drive was the slave. I installed a new drive and windows booted fine but I would still like to get some of the stuff that was on the broken drive.

Cheers.

Si

You could try the freezer trick I first learned from Mr.G I believe.
Put the drive in a plastic bag trying to get as much air as possible out of it, then place it in the freezer. Let it get good and cold and then rush it to your comp, connect it and recover what you can from it. Remembering this is the last time it will ever work.

Other than that I'd say if you really wanted to put the effort in you could disassemble it and play with things, but you probably will muck it up even worse, but hey its alread dead :dead: .

You could also since its dead beat on it a bit (softly at first) and see if you can knock some sense into it. heh. But really the freezer trick I have heard can work, and I'm sure there are some others, just wait before you try something for someone elses response. I'd hate to be the one to offer you a suggestion you take and it completely kills the drive when someone else has a suggestion that will save it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.1913/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!

I have a problem with my HDD...
While I was trying to install a program the drive blocked and from this time needs to be formated.

I took this drive intoo another PC thinking that i could recover my data through another system but the same attitude from the disk apeared ....
The disk can be seen on my computer screen as a second drive but Cant open ....says that is not formated and needs to be formated.

Only format.

Does anybody know how i can recover the data?

A:HDD data recovery.

Try mounting it from a linux live cd, or use recovery software like GetDataBack or recover4all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-data-recovery.20409/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Let us imagine one of the worst senarios: A computer's mainboard crashes (There is no substitute), the computer is windows xp and is password protected. How can I save my data?

Your help is highly appreciated

Just slave the crashed computers hard drive to a working computer. I've done it many times. All of the data will be right there for you to save. No password will be needed. If the crashed computer was running raid0 then I don't think this still applies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-164314.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

So my laptop died [I do know a dead one when I see one] during a writing session. Totally dead. 2 uninterrupted hours of stream-of-consciousness with background saves every 5 minutes so I guessed I lost 5 minutes worth, max.

How wrong am I? My problem is that the old days seem to be gone - I take the drive out, put it into other machines/external boxes and try ALL my old tricks.

No data. Zip.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

A:Data recovery

Spinrite? Does the hard drive spin up at all?

Pro and Con arguments ref. condensation (internal) and putting it in a fridge/freezer. I suppose with progressive temperature reduction and dessicants you could reduce the risk and gain the chance of some recovery.

It all depends on the value of the data vs the effort (and expense with commercial data recovery) you wish to expend.

Somewhat disconcerting that both the laptop and drive are dead- suggests significant power problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/36310-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a very important WordPerfect file on my laptop. The laptop is a Sager 8700. Some how it rewrote over the HD and destroyed the MBR or deleted the partition parameters. Long and short, I have an old Power Quest Lost & Found program that says the file is still in tact and can be recovered, but it will not permit me to recover it because it can only be used on one computer and I apparently used it on another machine.
Does anyone know of a product that I can run in DOS, from a floppy A drive to recover the file? I cannot boot from a CD.

Thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

Is anyone aware of a data recovery programe l may be able to use to recover music from a damaged mp3 player.
The player will not operate because of moisture damage but l would be very keen to recover about 5Gb of the music it has stored.

i dont own a mp3 player but they can be plugged into the computer i know that, when you plug them in does windows recognize the device as a drive? and allow you to search threw the files by going to lets say my computer > mp3 player > music??? if so you might be able to get away with using a recovery program such as recover my files (the best one on the market that i have seen takes a while to run gets alota stuff back... just set it to only search for mp3s... uncheck all otehrs or you can try a freeware tool there out there just not as good, if nothing else you should be able to play parts of the songs that were deleted if there not too corrupt & or you could get the old file name which can help you re download the files if the issue is more that you couldnt rember all 1000 file names you had on there, let me know how it turns out

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.591185/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello guys.
This morning I performed a routine re-installation of Windows XP on my sister's laptop to start off fresh. But this time I screwed up big time!
During the installation process, at the screen where it asks you whether to format the drive. Instead of choosing 'Leave the current drive intact (no changes)', I messed up in chose 'Format the drive using the NTFS filesystem (Quick)'. As a result all files on the C drive was wiped out including the files in the My Documents, among them were some very important documents relating to my sister's work.
So please, does anybody know if I can recover those files? Or they are lost forever?

A:Need help with data recovery

you say you chose the quick format...well, if your lucky all hope is not lost. There is a free data recovery software i can recommend that should be able to recover most of the data as long as you don't fill up the hard-drive with anything else until it finishes recovering the files...

here's the download page
http://www.pcinspector.de/download.a...#file_recovery

here's the description
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

here's the disclaimer
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/download.htm

hope this helps...and please be patient, it takes a bit of time to scan your hard-drive...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-data-recovery-177304.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there people, any ideas on the best Data Recovery Software, hopefully easy to use  also, is there any software around that the equivilant of VLC for Photos, I mean software that'll open anything

IMO...the "best" data recovery software I have used...is a paid version of Get Data Back - NTFS.  But...I have a small sample size, since I've only had to use such software less than 5 times in my 19 years of playing with computers.  So..."best" really doesn't mean much when you are speaking to me...whatever works for a given user is often considered "the best" by said member.  It's probably NOT the best, since "the best" recovery would probably be done by a professional entity and would cost more than most of us are willing to spend.

But I can suggest a number of options.

The following was contributed by a fellow Staff member and may be helpful:  Data Recovery Flowchart - Online Repair Service at FixIt.Litten.com - http://fixit.litten.com/datarecoveryflowchart.htm#flow6.

Info:
  Ddrescue - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) - http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html
  TestDisk - Recoveery Software - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
  Testdisk Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic377698.html/page__st__15
  TestDisk Step By Step - CGSecurity - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step

Other members of the forums have shared their successes in the forums using the following alternatives::
Data Recovery , GParted, AA - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic474881.html
Data Recovery Using Puppy Linux, Brooks - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489067/dual-boot-system-bluescreens-1-of-my-startup-choices/
Parted Magic Iso Use - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic463745.html
PartedMagic File Recovery Move - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic479864.html
PartedMagic - http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/73085.html
Partition Find and Mount — free partition recovery software - http://findandmount.com/
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download - http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588812/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

My friend accidently erased my dvd+rw disk which had some of my files.
he says he used the quick erase option in Nero7 and i could recover the data using any recovery software.

I tried using Isobuster but it is not freeware and hence it only shows me the files,but cant recover them.so is there any good freeware recovery software i can use, since i dont wanna purchase isobuster for just a single file.

A:dvd data recovery

I know the feeling
I would charge half that local
try this link cd recovery
something there may help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-data-recovery.49858/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all First off I would like to state that I have searched through quot Data Recovery quot keywords Data Recovery and could not find a thread with my issue or a Thread explaining it in Laimens Terms Here is the situation recently my computer got stuck in a boot loop and nothing worked for fixing it not fixboot chkdsk chkdsk r fixmbr nothing So then I was left with an XP Pro CD and a decision to re-install Windows Which is exactly what I did When re-installing I choose the option to not Format my drive and leave the files Once I had it all installed I found that I did have some files but others were missing I had a bunch of movies Data Recovery placed in a folder on my Desktop along with Music and thousands of pictures photoshops in my quot My Pictures quot folder All of that seems to be gone How can I recover this Is it possible to recover these files I would HATE if I had to lose all of that its all very important to me I still have all of the files that were in my quot Program Files quot folder or inside the C drive itself I went to the quot Documents and Settings quot folder and I did not find the files in there either I have two drives in my computer Master and one GB Slave the GB had nothing on it I know it was DUMB of me to not backup all of the files onto it Also please check out this other thread of mine for other information http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -xp-pro-help html highlight data recovery I have not installed or put anything on the computer other than reinstalling Windows since the incident So is it possible for me to get these back I sure hope so I really dont want to lose these things Please let me know and if you can explain how to do this thoroughly I would appriciate it Thank you very much Max nbsp

Never had occasion to use it but I have been told this is an excellent program to recover lost files.

http://www.recuva.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.629122/
Relevancy 44.72%

I accidentally plugged my external HD to the wrong power supply I have very similar ones next to each other in my work area Now the correct power cord won t power the Recovery Data HD I realized there was a problem when I looked over at the HD and saw the red and green lights on steady and then they went out After looking at Call Data Recovery For Help G TechTV show I see there are different types of HD failure soft and hard So I m trying to determine which mine is I have put it in another external case The HD powers up and the HD gets hot I can here it quot running quot but the drive is not being recognized in My Computer nor is there any quot activity quot light blinking showing something is going on I can quot add quot it using Add Hardware and then quot remove quot using the Safely Remove Hardware function When I go into Device Manager and click on the drive Data Recovery which is showing up with an incorrect name and go to the Volume tab and click on quot Populate quot it shows as Unreadable Please tell me the data is still there and can somehow be accessed Any ideas nbsp

Professional data recovery is your only option and it wont be cheap!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.64251/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi guys please I need to know whats is the latest data recovery solution other than RAID
thanks in advance!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

my computer has gone away last year and I recovered its hard disk with all my data.

I bought a Serial ATA 2.5 external enclosure in order to read and recover the data, but the problem is that when I used my old PC I put a password for entering in my account, and now with the new PC every time I read my old hard disk it appears a message (attached) saying that I have not the authorisation to enter in the files, and it does not let me put the password.

For your info in the old PC I used windows vista.
In the new PC I use windows 7.

Could you please help me to solve this obstacle? :roll:

thank you very much in advance

A:Recovery data

What was the operating system of the hard drive you're trying to recover the data from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247911-recovery-data.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I recently rebuilt my machine (see system specs) and when I went to pop in my old HDD as a secondary drive to pull some files from it, Windows decided it needed to run chkdsk on it. I tried to stop it, as this is a 500GB drive so I knew it would take forever, but I couldn't stop it. So after a few hours, it finished and let me in, but now all of the files are missing. This was my old C: (primary) drive, so it should have Windows, Users, Program Data, etc folders but it doesn't. it just has a few empty folders (Nvidia, Intel...) However when you check the properties of the disk, it shows that several GB's are used, so I know my data is around there somewhere. Changing the folder options to view hidden does not help. The OS on this disk was Vista Ultimate 32-bit. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Have you used any recovery software? Is that data worth a bit of money? lol

Ive used and had good results with a program called Handy Recovery. Great program IMO.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/200408-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all,

So my laptop died [I do know a dead one when I see one] during a writing session. Totally dead. 2 uninterrupted hours of stream-of-consciousness with background saves every 5 minutes so I guessed I lost 5 minutes worth, max.

How wrong am I? My problem is that the old days seem to be gone - I take the drive out, put it into other machines/external boxes and try ALL my old tricks.

No data. Zip.

All help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Spinrite? Does the hard drive spin up at all?

Pro and Con arguments ref. condensation (internal) and putting it in a fridge/freezer. I suppose with progressive temperature reduction and dessicants you could reduce the risk and gain the chance of some recovery.

It all depends on the value of the data vs the effort (and expense with commercial data recovery) you wish to expend.

Somewhat disconcerting that both the laptop and drive are dead- suggests significant power problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36310-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Well it all started when I tried installing an old CD drive onto my system. I then got the error message "missing or corrupt hal.dll file". One thing led to another and what I thought was a REPAIR install of Windows XP, actually erased my whole hard drive leaving only a partially completed Windows subdirectory.

I plugged the hard drive into another computer as a secondary drive and all it's showing is just that Windows subdirectory. I've tried a data recovery program, but it is not showing anything on the hard drive.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My life is on this hard drive and I haven't done any recent backups (including an important project I've been working on)

Thanks,
Leee

A:Data Recovery Help!!!!

Quick Shot.....

Only can give links to software recovery.

[email protected] UNERASER
http://www.uneraser.com/
System Mechanic Pro
(Has a recovery software included in the package, Works pretty good
from "my experience" with it.}
http://www.iolo.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help.488797/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, I had a family video on cd-rom that I have played on my computer, somehow the cd-rom smashed in about 10 different places, is their anyway possible to recover the video from HD? As far far as im aware all information viewed is stored somewhere for recovery... not sure if this is the case for videos that has been played or just stuff that has been saved, it was the only copy and very important sentimental video, fingers crossed.

Any help really appreciated, thankyou.

A:Data Recovery.

If the video was only on CD ROM media, and the media is no longer good, sorry to say but no, the video is gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-recovery-141398.html
Relevancy 44.72%

a while ago one of my 80gig hdd i thought died. it was being detected in dos but it was giving me a parametre incorrect error when i tried to get into it in windows. i took it out and there it sat. i now just got a 120 gig hdd, which works fine. so i cloned the 80gig disk to this new one, and when i try to access it through windows im getting the parameter error again. does anyone know any software that will fix this so i can recover all my data? surely if the data is readable through ghost i can get to it some way..

ive tried norton disk doctor but that is absolutely useless.. cant even scan the drive.

any help appreciated. thanks!

A:HDD data recovery?

What version of Window? If it is a XP or Win2k you can try to repair it using the installation CD. A new installation should get rid of the problem too.

In cloning you get byte to byte transfer and you should be surprised if it does produce the identical error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-data-recovery.263368/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi every1,

my question is "how to recover data from encrypted har drive?"
i installed safeboot on my laptop, asfter some time i need to rebuild the laptop, unfortunatly I missed to copy one of my imported folder.
Now i want to recover that folder, could sombody help me out?

regards
junaid

well if it's any decent encryption program you won't be able to recover data from the drive. It's possible but you definitely need to contact a data recovery specialist. If it was a physical problem a data recovery lab can repair the problems, mirror the drive, install it to your laptop, and then with your encryption key, de-crypt your drive and retrieve your data. If the problem was a logical or file structure problem your data is probably unrecoverable. Some encryption programs identify each drive uniquely so even if a mirrored replacement drive is installed into the laptop, recovery may be unsuccessful. JT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.634218/
Relevancy 44.72%

HI

I have a corrupt sata 2 hard drive. The seagate disk that comes with the HD was used to check the HD and it shows that the HD is fine. We suspect that power fluctuation may have corrupted the OS XP Pro. We are trying to recover the data from my HD so we can reload the OS and was wondering if anyone knows of any software that can be used to recover the data. We took the HD and put it on another computer and it shows up with the whole partition as free. Would appreciate any help and thanks...doc

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a hard disk here that died right in front of me. We had identified some bad surface area and were in process of copying the data to backup in preparation for replacing it.

We restarted the computer and it came up with "Missing Operating System". The boot sector seems to be gone along with the partition table. I've run Active Partition Recovery to no avail. I'm sure that if I were skilled at direct disk editing, I could correct the problem well enough to recover something; but, I have no expertise there.

Utilities that run under Windows probably won't help as the data is in an area that is seen by Windows as "unallocated space".

What utilities are there that might help?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all..

Does anyone know of any software that'll perform a data recovery on DDS tapes? I have recently perfomed a 2k backup on a DDS3 tape and after adding an additional fileset to the tape, the original became unreadable. After advice on this "common" error i removed both fileset names (was told that these would be discovered again) now all the data is invisible!!!

HELP!!

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm looking for any help tips that you're willing to give as I've gotten outside the scope Data Recovery of my tech knowledge I have an old Dell XPS desktop that I had previously upgraded to Windows that Data Recovery will not boot up on me anymore I had almost everything backed up to cloud storage with the exception of a couple folders of pictures that my wife had very recently put on there because she did not save them to the cloud nor did I back them up before the PC went kaput The PC had two GB hard drives that I have removed I borrowed a Thermaltake BlackX hard drive dock from a friend and connected it to my laptop which runs Windows Here is my dilemma All I want to do is get those couple folders of pictures and move them to my laptop but I don't know which of the two hard drives was being used on the PC -When I put one of them in the hard drive dock nothing happens but when I go to Disk Management it pops up saying it needs to be initialized using either MBR or GPT method -When I put the other one in it adds E as a drive on my laptop and pops up saying the drive needs to be formatted It shows this drive in Disk Management also and says it has a RAW file system How do I know which drive has my PC data on it and how can I retrieve it Thanks in advance

when this computer worked did it have two drives? Like a c:\ and d:\ as well as maybe a cd/dvd drive e:\  or did it only have one drive? Like a c:\ drive where your files where and then a d:\ drive for the cd/dvd drive?

A higher level question would be do you know if this was a raid setup before?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502092/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I run Windows XP amp I ve had HDs on my PC for - yrs designated as quot C quot amp quot P quot quot P quot is a Gb Maxtor amp was titled quot Backup quot Today I went to do my disk defrag and to my dismay no quot P quot drive to be found I haven t had any problems with my PC for years and all of a sudden this happens I tried quot System Restore quot but none of the dates are accepted amp I get a message saying I may have deleted it or removed it from the System Restore quot monitor quot This drive had all my family pics and I d be devastated if it can t Data Recovery be recovered I checked Computer Management from the Administrative Tools Control Panel I think and both drives are recognized as quot quot - my C-drive amp quot quot the backup formerly known as quot P quot drive However they re only recognized together in the bottom half of that window only quot C quot is recognized in the top half In the bottom half of the window it says the Backup drive is quot unknown quot and the space is quot unallocated quot Please help Thanks and have a great evening Data Recovery all Juliemango

If you want to try some recovery software to retrieve your pictures.Recuva - http://www.recuva.com/ Type in JPG to group part of your pictures.It's free but they do like donations.OR ScavengerIf your pictures haven't been written over on your hard drive. The last thing that I tried and liked is Scavenger.http://www.quetek.com/download.htmI tell you what little I know about it. I just played with it retriving small items.You should download to a CD not your computer. If you download or write over your pictures their gone.When you go to scavenger to download the Demo (Free Demo) look for this. filescav.exe (Executable file, 1,134 KB) filescav.chm (Help file, 54 KB) I didn't download the help file.Scavenger Demo will let you retrieve pictures for free.You can't recover to your hard drive. You must use an extra drive of some kind to saveyour pictures to. I used a USB Sandisk. Cost about $20.00. From that you can move the pictures to your computer. As best as I can tell when you buy the license they give you the code to make the Demo work to recover as much as you want.Select O Drive, I forget. Try different settings.Click on the header TYPE and all your Jpeg files will be grouped together.You don't have to buy a license to recover pictures.I found out about Scavenger when someone wrote about recovery of 5000 pictures

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/126192/data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

I ran chkdsk on an external and immedaitely afterwards my 'Music' and 'Bookmarks' folder dissapeared. Is there anyway to recover those folders... using xp or cmd prompt or third-party software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.450682/
Relevancy 44.72%

one of the hard drive has gone corrupt and the the file system is showing as RAW. I am unable to format it also and all the data stored in side it seems to be lost. How can i recover those lost data and how to format that RAW drive. I tried it with Windows CD as well as by doing a right click and then format but still it didnt work. I tried it from admistrative tools also but still no joy.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

Does anyone  know how i would recover a microsoft word document that was not saved when microsoft word crashed ?

i use Win 7 and Word 2010

Many Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621913/about-data-recovery/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
PLz tell me which software is the best for data recovery if files deleted,partion table lost,partion deleted ,etc.

plz tell me from which site i can download it(also suggest crack for it)

Hi,

Try this program,

http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10212994.html?tag=list

or this

http://download.com.com/3302-2094-8134556.html?tag=mta

this search

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=data+recovery&tg=dl-2001

or this one

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=deleted+partition+data+recovery&spell=1

hth

Ceri

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.189722/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have posted here before as mom2techsupport but lost my password. so, hello everybody --and i have a question--

i hope someone can help here--i am attempting to recover some pictures of a harddrive. it's a situation i have never run into before and i am completely lost--

drive spins, can hear it.

windows and linux both see a drive, but don't see anything in it. couldn't select repair disk.

the most information i got was from active boot. the drive is 20gigs but was formatted into five partitions. one is 90mb, three are 1 gig each.

and now the weird part--that first partition is formatted in fat12.

any ideas?

for the record, i don't care about the drive itself, my hope is to retrieve pictures for the family that owned it.

Here's a few different tools to try to attempt partition repair and/or partiition data recovery. People have reported good results when using the tools but the result (and certainly quaility of the result) may vary by situation.

Gparted and TestDisk (freeware)
Partition Doctor (free to try, see what it finds, subscription required to apply any fixes
Active File Recovery (free to try, free version limits recovery to files 64KB or less.

For paid software tools, i'd say i've seen more feedback on Partition Doctor. It also appears it knows hot to try and "fix" things in a number of different ways

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery.120610/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was having problems with my PC wouldn t boot up properly So I went to install XP on a nd hard drive so I could backup what I needed from my main hard drive By accident it formatted my main drive I think It formatted like gb of a gb hard drive in like secs- I stopped it as soon as I could The main question is Anyone? - Recovery Data is there anyway of recovering any data from that drive I don t need to recover everything but would like to recover mp s if possible but more importantly my uni work Data Recovery - Anyone? and photos If it s possible please could you point me in the direction of software that I should be using and what I should do to avoid losing the data forever If anyone offers this service then drop me an email and we ll sort out a deal Also is Data Recovery - Anyone? it possible to recover photos deleted from a SD card I had some holiday snaps on there which I copied on to my PC then deleted off the card If there was anyway I could retrieve those files please let me know Any help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Data Recovery - Anyone?

i would edit your post and remove the email address from the post - otherwise you will get lots of spam

this may help - i have only used on a CF card to recover images and it worked great

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-anyone.402326/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all, I need to know what software can recover/repair a damage/corrupted HD?

My friend is having problems with his HD, windows doesn't recognize the drive anymore ...windows asks to format when he clicks on his drive.

It's a removable Hard Drive...my other friend had the exact same problem (he took it out while the current was still on) and used a Norton product to fix it...i can't reach him right now , he's on vacation... :0

Which product does the job? Or any other product would fix this problem?
My friend used a shareware program, and was able to detect his files.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 44.72%

hi guys please I need to know whats is the latest data recovery solution other than RAID
thanks in advance!

please do not duplicate posts here
continue on this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1131067-data-recovery.html

closing post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.1131066/
Relevancy 44.72%

Has anyone ever used a file recovery program before?
Did it work and which is the best one?

The best one seems to be free. There are a couple posts in this forum about lost data recovered by Restoration. In one case, a drive that appeared empty was filled with an mp3 collection that was recovered.

http://forums.techguy.org/t187427&highlight=file+recovery.html

If you use this program, click the Others menu and Scan All Clusters for the best results. The thing should be used by law enforcement!

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

EnCase is another good one actually used by law enforcement. It is excellent at recovery, as you can imagine, but is obsessed with creating "case files" for presentation and recovery takes second place.

http://www.hill-assoc.com/Services/issg/fas.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery.217515/
Relevancy 44.72%

how we recover the data who is deleted with virus with the help of commond promp or give the suitable answer which is easily to understand

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-of-data-412141.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there any way possible for data to be recovered after a drive has been wiped - possibly reformatted/repartitioned?

A:Data recovery help please

Depending on how much has been done after the format, GetDataBack may do the trick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-help-please.580328/