Windows Support Forum

Windows Installer (Win7) Won't Install Updates or Uninstall Progs.

Q: Windows Installer (Win7) Won't Install Updates or Uninstall Progs.

Hi Everyone I think the 'Topic Title' really sums it up I can see that or Installer Progs. Won't Windows Install Updates (Win7) Uninstall the Win Install Module is set to Manual and 'running' and I seem to have tried all the online advice I can find including switching it off and back on again but to no avail The last update which has been awaiting upload for about weeks now is for Microsoft Silverlite but the box says 'Windows Installer can not be accessed' I have tried to uninstall Silverlite but it says the 'windows installer service could not be accessed' as previously Programmes that are already installed will update from their respective sources My main problem to me is that I don't know when it all started although I have been into the Win Update log and can see some installed and some didn't in mid Windows Installer (Win7) Won't Install Updates or Uninstall Progs. February I've downloaded the Microsoft 'MrFixit' for this problem -- but that can't help me either Generally the PC is running fine but the lack of updates the longer it goes on is a concern All help will be greatly appreciated Best Wishes to All -- astaqq UK

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Installer (Win7) Won't Install Updates or Uninstall Progs.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Installer (Win7) Won't Install Updates or Uninstall Progs.

There is an article here which may assist you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528415/windows-installer-win7-wont-install-updates-or-uninstall-progs/
Relevancy 77.83%

when i try to install/uninstall, i get a message service could not be accessed.

i followed a link from here and have checked the location of the msiexec.exe file and the path/value is correct in the registry.

but i have 2 msiexec.exe files, 1 in w\sys32, the 3.1 version and 1 in w\spf\i386.

could having 2 files be part of the problem?

A:windows installer/can't install/uninstall

Have you tried the MIcrosoft Installer Cleanup Utility?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-cant-install-uninstall.428169/
Relevancy 76.97%

I recently Defraged my hard drive and came up with a few problems after the process was done My problem was I could not install or uninstall any Pro XP Installer failures install/uninstall MSI Windows programs that depended on the MSI installer engine At the same time I was not able to start up any Anti-virus and Spyware programs I had been using I found the problem and I d like to share it with it with everyone I could not find any solutions on the net so I was stuck till I remembered about the Event Viewer log Here are Windows XP Pro MSI Installer install/uninstall failures the steps I took to find out what the problem Windows XP Pro MSI Installer install/uninstall failures was I checked the Event Viewer in Admin Tools and it had this error description Event ID quot The run-time environment has detected an inconsistency in its internal state This indicates a potential instability in the process that could be caused by the custom components running in the COM application the components they make use of or other factors Error in d qxp slp com com x src comsvcs package cpackage cpp hr ba InitEventCollector failed quot It mentioned something about the COM system so I check something else I opened up the Component Services in the Admin Tools area Then I clicked on Component Services - gt Computers - gt My Computer I then clicked on COM Applications and it opened up fine I then clicked on DCOM Config and right away it showed a warning message saying that a file fragment was created by the Defrag process and if I would like to restore the fragment I clicked on YES and a few more warnings popped up with the same message After all that was done I restarted my computer and everything worked fine as before I hope this info is helpful nbsp

A:Windows XP Pro MSI Installer install/uninstall failures

Nice job, and thanks for sharing the tip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-msi-installer-install-uninstall-failures.429685/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

For the past week I have noticed that when I start Windows Live Messenger, the windows installer box comes up and says installing, then the messenger finally opens.

Now I notice that I can't uninstall or install any new programs, and when I do, windows installer says "The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed."

I'm not in safe mode. I've ran spyware scans and virus scans and nothing has came up.. So, I really have no idea what to do. I read to install something called windows installer cleanup, but I can't install any programs whatsoever..

Help is much appreciated:)

A:Cannot install/uninstall anything. Windows installer issue.

It's also service pack 2, not sure if that has anything to do with it, doubt it.. SP3 never would download.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-install-uninstall-anything-windows-installer-issue-384405.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm trying to upgrade Google Earth. So I download the installer, but when it tries to install it fails. So I tried to uninstall GE. I get this system message:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed.​
I'm not running safe mode and going in and manually starting the service has no effect.

I tried uninstalling another program just to see if it worked and it did.

I found some articles telling me that I need to use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, however, when I go to install it I get the same message as above.

I just installed software last week on this machine and it worked fine, it just seems that it's being picky on what it wants to install/uninstall. Any ideas?

A:A problem with windows installer service. I can't install/uninstall certain programs.

No ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-problem-with-windows-installer-service-i-cant-install-uninstall-certain-programs.848722/
Relevancy 74.82%

This issue began after running a norton registry cleaner I ve got an Dell inspiron with XP can't is anything popup Windows already installer for installed and disks install/uninstall is I up wants it it corel while 6, sp There is a windows installer popup that is asking for Windows installer popup wants disks for corel 6, it is already installed and I can't install/uninstall anything while it is up instal disks for Corel Photo Album I don t have the disks as the computer never came with them In my research for a fix I have found that sonic update manager was the culpret for other people I have the option to cancel the setup but when I do it immediatly starts right back up I tried uninstalling the corel program but windows won t let me install or uninstall anything while that windows installer is still up I can t even shut down properly If I end the process via the task manager it starts right up again I have tried using AdvancePCTweaker AdvancePCTweaker was able to install and run and I tried uninstalling Sonic Update manager which in my research found to be a likely cause I tried to uninstall it but I once again was blocked by the windows installer that was already running Sonic update manager appears in the add remove programs list but it does not have an option to remove it I also tried running the Windows Installer CleanUP Utility but it would not install because of the already opened windows installer I also tried revounistaller but it could not install because of the already opened windows installer I also found a hotfix for sonic download manager isum hotfix exe but it did not run properly again because the windows installer was already up I have also tried wisefixer which was able to install and run but it wanted bucks for the full version to fix it Some time ago I had a similar issue with the sonic download manager and I used a utility to correct it I can t remember the utility

A:Windows installer popup wants disks for corel 6, it is already installed and I can't install/uninstall anything while it is up

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspxNo installation required.Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type: Attach the file to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406784/windows-installer-popup-wants-disks-for-corel-6-it-is-already-installed-and-i-cant-installuninstall-anything-while-it-is-up/
Relevancy 74.82%

Okay first off I am really going to try to explain popping up,creating INSTALLER install/uninstall keeps problems-WORKnHARdHELP! WINDOWS the best WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! I can WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! without dragging it out I can t lose you out there You re my only hope The problem that has been resolved partially I am fixing to describe what has been going on atleast yrs I have a Sony Vaio bit windows laptop Pretty WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP! much as soon as I purchased it I started installing software specifically Microsoft Works Suit which was way too old and not at all compatible soon after the Windows installer box pops up saying preparing to install or asking me to put in removable media atleast - times a day plus I cant install or unistall ANYTHING- HUGE PAIN I actually got to the bottom of that today with YOUR help I uninstalled Microsoft Works Suite its dang Add-In and some Digital Image Pro So all this stuff is gone there is NO traces anywhere not in the registry no where I CHECKED I restarted the pc and unfortunately The Windows Installer dialog box flicks on the screen or times so quickly I can t make out what its saying so I re-boot installer box still pops up it s real quick and does it or times As far as whether the installing and uninstalling is back to normal I tried to uninstall programs let me the other did NOT Are there any updates or should I uninstall and reinstall Idk what to do but I have been trying to fix this for so long that I cannot quit until it is fixed Anyone that could help please you would be helping me greatly and I would very much appreciate it THANKS Also when I do try to uninstall something and it fails it always displays this Windows Installer message the window installer server cannot be accessed This can occur if the Window Installer is not correctly installed SIDE THOUGHT I got to thinking trying the fix the installer I went in to the command prompt and typed something by direction of someone which was suppose to be telling me how to fix it it didn t fix it I just hope something like that wouldn t cause something like this to be the problem This is the cmd prompts that were entered i tried sfc scannow and it said that some of the files were corrupt and couldn t be fixed try this it might work Click on quot Start quot and then click on quot Run quot Type quot cmd quot or quot command quot in the box and click on quot OK quot Type each of these commands and press quot Enter quot after every one cd windir system ren msi dll msi old ren msiexec exe msiexec old ren msihnd dll msihnd old exit Type quot exit quot at the command prompt to close the Command utility Restart your computer Log on and open your nbsp

A:WINDOWS INSTALLER keeps popping up,creating install/uninstall problems-WORKnHARdHELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-keeps-popping-up-creating-install-uninstall-problems-worknhardhelp.1098760/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop For last few days I have not been able to install windows updates updates installer issue Cannot Windows install - I get the error with code After wandering through different forums and suggested solutions I followed this path - control panel gt system and maintenance gt administrative tools gt services gt windows installer double clicked and saw that the start-up type is 'Automatic' When I clicked on the 'Start the service' button in the left panel here I got the following message Windows could not start the windows installer service on local computer Error The system cannot find the path specified Can anybody help me resolve this problem and bring the Windows Installer back on track By the way Windows installer issue - Cannot install updates later I did Windows installer issue - Cannot install updates this - Click Start Run and type cmd k sc qc msiserver Press ENTER Following is the ouyput I received - SC QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS SERVICE NAME msiserver TYPE WIN OWN PROCESS START TYPE AUTO START ERROR CONTROL NORMAL BINARY PATH NAME C Windows system Msiexec exe V LOAD ORDER GROUP TAG DISPLAY NAME Windows Installer DEPENDENCIES rpcss SERVICE START NAME LocalSystem C Users Shirish gt Does anyone have any idea of what's going wrong here Please help me resolve this issue Thanks Shirish

A:Windows installer issue - Cannot install updates

I note that you have sought help, over the past couple of days, in five different locations about this problem. [ Vista installation & set up, software, general discussion, & Win updates. ] One area is sufficient.

Try a Google search initially on error 80070641

http://www.vistax64.com/software/233935-windows-installer-issue-cannot-install-updates.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My Mother-in-law pulled out a program disc halfway through installation, which jammed up windows installer (every time windows was started, a message came up saying to please put in the install disc). I fixed that by finishing the installation (putting the disc back in 4 or 5 months later, we don't get to visit much), but during the time she had the problem, which was right when she got the computer, 97 or so Windows Updates downloaded to the computer, but couldn’t install.
These files include everything from the service packs (which are supposed to install by themselves), to critical updates. The computer is very slow at startup, and wants to install the files at shutdown. No error messages, but the files remain there wanting to install.
I just want to find the file where the downloads are sitting, wipe them out, and start again. Any ideas? Windows XP.

A:Installer was jammed, now Windows Updates download but won't install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installer-was-jammed-now-windows-updates-download-but-wont-install.768524/
Relevancy 72.24%

So I, today, reformatted my PC.

After installing some bare essentials (anti virus and firewall mainly) I then loaded up the website for windows update.

I was prompted to install service pack 3 (after the windows installer update), so I did before anything else. After I restarted, I went to the update site again to do the remaining updates, but after they were downloaded, every install failed.

The same is happening with the Windows Live Installer (as I wish to install windows live messenger). However, I could install Internet Explorer 8 and Windows Media Player 11 with no problems.

Any help would be much, much appreciated. Anything I can do to help with the troubleshooting, just say.

Thank you.

[quick edit: Windows was installed with a service pack 2 era disk. Home edition, too.]

[Edit: After doing the method in this post, it now works.]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-updates-and-windows-live-installer-refuse-to-install-306650.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I see win 7 updates available.... when I try to select them to install, it appears that only windows 10 will download and install. so I dont get it. why cant I install only the win7 updates and not 10? I dont want 10.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386552-cant-install-win7-updates-only-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

So last week I posted about BSOD's just after the computer booted up and or I logged in BSOD just after logging in and desktop comes up I ran tests and found bad sectors on my original year old Seagate TB drive So I went ahead and installed a new WD drive yesterday and started a clean reinstall of my stuff I reinstalled Office and a couple of other programs then started the download install process of updates I had to leave the office at pm before the updates were finished installing so I just let it sit there and keep going This morning I came back in to a quot Windows had recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot message Looking in the Event Log it looks like it happened in after BSOD, and now Another updates Windows install new Win7 and HDD the PM hour yesterday and I think the updates had finished installing but I'm not totally sure Actually I just looked and it says there is more important update and few optional ones Before I swapped my HDD yesterday I booted into the Dell utility partition on my old HDD and ran memory tests and they all passed Any ideas

A:Another BSOD, now after new HDD and Win7 install and Windows updates

Please update your graphics driver, it's outdated.

Here's some instructions if you are unsure how to update it.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst? Drivers For A Windows? Based System

Code:
fffff880`0687c000 fffff880`068cc000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 20 02:22:32 2011 (4DAE3558)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330128-another-bsod-now-after-new-hdd-win7-install-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Thank you for reading through these for me. I hope you can help me get this working. I appreciate it so much!

A:Clean Install Win7 x86. Windows Updates not working :-(

WELL..........BAM!!!
I am soooooo confused???
I walked away after I posted this for your help.
Sat down at the laptop and was welcomed by this on the screen.
HOW??? I have spent hours with this. Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377713-clean-install-win7-x86-windows-updates-not-working.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Thanks for your time First off I must state that I am not trained in computers but I to updates (Win7 Failed install Basic) Windows Home have been using Windows PCs for many years now This machine was purchased just a month ago and we have been trying to install Windows updates during this period I could make out that some of the updates have been installed eg Bing desktop and many other important ones but not all Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic) of them Every time the process stops at about of Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic) completion and the system proceeds to shut down During subsequent power up configuration would also progress up to Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic) and will be terminated with this display quot Failed configuring updates reverting changes quot or similar message I have tried to gather all the information that was listed in this website the update posting instructions I received after I registered here Windows Update Posting Instructions except for one item Windows update error codes However I tried I could not gather this piece of information If it is the correct thing to do I can upload the screen shot showing the results of the command prompt scan and also the the zipped CBS file I will wait to hear from you Thanks for your time

A:Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic)

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure our experts will be able to help when they see your post. I suggest you put the files you have into your next post in this thread to give them something to check over.

Don't worry about not about being trained in computers the experts will work with you at your pace to get your computer working again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284488-failed-install-windows-updates-win7-home-basic.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I go into add and remove programs to clean things out. Everything that involves windows installer just gives me an error (I've attached pic). Also windows update is not installing things, i guess for the same reason. I am not in safe mode. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Luke

Sorry pic is so small, don't know why. It says

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

A:Solved: I can't install or uninstall things, Window Installer?

Check out the links below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315353
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-install-or-uninstall-things-window-installer.784886/
Relevancy 65.79%

This issue started about a week ago. My XP Pro system will not install any MS updates. They fail every try.

My Ghost back software is also not working. Seems to be tring to install again.

I keep getting a pop-up window saying "Windows Installer - Perparing to install"

Any suggestions?

-w

A:Cannot Install MS Updates & Installer Issue

See if you can download the installer 4.5: Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Windows Installer 4.5

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-install-ms-updates-and-installer-issue-608820.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am getting WerFault.exe errors when I try to run programs all referencing I/O error status of 0xc0000185. But Chkdsk found no errors
Windows 7
Sony Vaio Laptop
I can't run AVG Free antivirus, or Internet Explorer, or install Safari, or install MalwareBytes.
I have a public folder exposed on a wireless network so I can transfer files to laptop.
The only tool I have been able to run is DDS and even then I could only "Save" the text files but couldn't "Save As"
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341741/win7-cant-run-install-or-uninstall-programs/
Relevancy 62.78%

Very weird I am running Windows The other day I come to find my nvidia and Bosto drawing tablet or updates/drivers install, Can't programs uninstall drivers hosed I proceed to try to install new Can't install, uninstall programs or updates/drivers ones which seemed to work I noticed when trying to run Windows update it hangs on installation Then it seemed to apply to almost anything In other words my OS runs ok programs launch but I can't install or uninstall anything I thought it might be the Windows installer so I ran the MS online fixit I also ran MSIExec unregister and MSIExec regserver Still no good Avira Malware bytes and Kaspersky's rootkit scanner come up clean Out of desperation I put in my disk and ran the inplace upgrade which created a new Windows directory and everything Although it retained my setting I still cannot install or uninstall anything I know I can rebuild but my inner nerd is so lost on this I feel like I need to fix it Any thoughts

A:Can't install, uninstall programs or updates/drivers

Try creating a new Administrator level user account?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45534-cant-install-uninstall-programs-updates-drivers.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Doing a fresh oem win7 sp1 pro x64 install. After initial setup allowed Windows update to do It's thing (146 updates). Upon reboot I get the message "failure configuring windows updates" Have read extensively re. this issue but, unfortunately, have not found a definitive resolution.

System is dm1-z 4000 CTO (amd 450 apu, 8 GB ram) new hdd. Initially, had installed a new ssd but got the same thing. Thinking that it might be an issue with it, switched to a wd black 500 GB hdd. Same results.

Any ideas?

A:Fresh Win7 Install "Failure Configuring Windows Updates"

Hello and welcome Greywolf mate I don't know what the others think but as a general rule I usually do the initial updates in smaller batches.

Have a look at this anyway https://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319253-fresh-win7-install-failure-configuring-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've a customer whose Win Home bit won't install all the updates He's got a list of updates that when installed results in error code b or I've run SFC successfully with no errors as well as AntiMalwarebytes Also ran MS Fixit which said it found errors and fixed them but it didn't really Curiously when I ran this util in Safe Mode it reported back that two errors were found but only one could be fixed Also ran MS Fixit successfully Downloaded and ran the Update System Readiness Tool which found no errors to fix Booted in Safe Mode and also in Clean Some Win 7 won't install. Can't Win7 Upgrade updates install or SP1 boot Still could not successfully install the updates The Windows Update troubleshooter was run but it too didn't fix the problem Customer had tried the Upgrade route from an ISO he made Some Win7 updates won't install. Can't install SP1 or Win 7 Upgrade and it ran to about completion but then failed He said the failure point happened when the upgrade was installing Some Win7 updates won't install. Can't install SP1 or Win 7 Upgrade applications or something like that I want to re-run the upgrade but what I want to know is is there something else I could check prior something that help me identify the problem TIA

A:Some Win7 updates won't install. Can't install SP1 or Win 7 Upgrade

Oh, one more thing. When the upgrade failed for the customer, the error message referenced lack of disk space. However, he's clearly enough space (~800 Gb). He couldn't remember the exact wording but the message stated something similar to "not enough disk space to install the applications."

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/224161-some-win7-updates-wont-install-cant-install-sp1-win-7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi -

Windows 7 updates have not been installing recently -
All the latest set of updates that have been offered attempt to install and then they stop -
I attempted to install one at a time but this is no help either -
Any ideas -

Thanks -

A:Win7 updates will not Install

Hi, noknojon.What error codes are offered (if any) when viewing update history (right click a failed update and select View details)? Windows Update can be a fickle fiend....I know that my win 7 X64 machine has a lot more update failures than my Win 7 X32.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414208/win7-updates-will-not-install/
Relevancy 61.06%

Well I've had this virus for a while now and I made a post about it and then I was told to only keep on anti-virus software and uninstall the others. One problem - the virus won't allow me to do so. I was later told to come to the security part of the forums to get assigned a security member to help me solve all of this.

A:(windows installer) unable to uninstall

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-installer-unable-to-uninstall-988201.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Simply

I have a fresh install of Windows 7...all updates applied both software and firmware, and even though this dvd player/burner was used to install Win7, it does not work after the full install to both read and write to. It is not shown on My Computer and it doesn't list but it does list on the Bios on computer start and is enabled on the motherboard. It is an older IDE dvd burner 16x I believe, and it last operated just fine, (it did, after all, install Win7 from a DVD on fresh install.)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

A:New Win7 install.....all updates.....no dvd player

Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116#appliestoIf you choose the "Let me fix it myself" option please heed the following:Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386189/new-win7-installall-updatesno-dvd-player/
Relevancy 61.06%

Searched, but couldn?t find a thread answering this question.

How can I download W7 updates to my internet-connected laptop (W7 x64 Home) without installing, then transfer and install the Updates to a desktop workstation (having legit W7 x64 Ult, SP1 installed) which is never connected to internet?
Thanks,
g

A:Download Win7 Updates, but install onto a different PC

I've seen your question asked several times. I do not recall seeing it answered. While it is possible to manually download each applicable update, I'm not sure how you would obtain a list of applicable updates - unless you had a duplicate computer that was online.

I have to ask: Why patch a system that is not online? Why not use it just the way it is? If you fear that it could get infected via USB flash drives or CDs/DVDs, then install an antivirus tool and manually update that from time to time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/314474-download-win7-updates-but-install-onto-different-pc.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

At what point during the install process is it best to install Updates and Service Paks for:

- OS
- NIC
- Drivers
- Apps

After windows security essentials is installed? If so, is it safe to launch a browser and navigate to microsoft to download Essentials, or should this be done off USB stick?

A:Fresh Win7 Pro Install: Best way to get Updates?

I download before hand and save all of the above to thumb drives.
This is my routine for a clean install is once windows is installed and I'm at my desktop.
I start with the latest drivers for my key hardware, motherboard first, then video card, sound card, NIC and so on. I do printers and such later on as I need them.
The I do the major Microsoft updates, service packs if there are any, DirectX, IE, Media Player, Silverlight, Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Office. Then I hit Windows update and keep patching until there aren't any left.
Then I move onto other stuff like Adobe Reader, Flash player, Java, etc. stuff I use right away.
The rest of my programs I just install as needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/135214-fresh-win7-pro-install-best-way-get-updates.html
Relevancy 61.06%

as above,recently i noticed my computer has been installing updates everytime i shutdown and startup, hence prolonging my startup/shutdown time by a lot. checked win update and realized most, if not all of the updates failed to do so. already tried using the MS FixIT tool, to to avail. tried other solutions on the net provided by the MS MVP, also didn't work. do suggest alternatives if any. thanks!

A:win7 x64 can never install updates successfully!

Have you tried to rename the download folder of the collection of the updates?%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download\ to %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download.old\ %windir% = Where your Windows is installed on, C:\Windows\ by example.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466033/win7-x64-can-never-install-updates-successfully/
Relevancy 61.06%

Working on a friends PC WIn Ultimate SP Celeron E ghz amp gb RAM amp GB HDD in partitions The system was failing at boot This was a simple change of memory socket on the motherboard fix Discovered that Windows Update was disabled looked further amp found AVast Free was set to ridiculously low levels amp UAC was disabled oh amp operating on an ADMIN account by default - All corrected Due to all that I looked deeper - The PC was over-run with PUP's amp several viruses I reset Avast levels amp killed viruses ran MBAM amp TDSSKiller amp killed a crap load more After this the PC stopped connecting to DNS Network good NO Internet Fixed this with a series of TCP IP amp similar resets Win Update failed times will install or download updates Win7 not in a crashed or frozen PC inl xBSD MS Fixit failed so manually updated Windows Update Agent version WIN x from MS Support https support microsoft com en-us kb Fixed issue Win update completed the first batch of updates successfully but stopped working on the second pass freezing in the install process amp now won't even download let alone update oh amp I Win7 will not download or install updates Ran secunia PSI - All rd party progs updated Any help gratefully recieved as my quot overnight updated run quot after the physical fix is threatening to pass into the third day

A:Win7 will not download or install updates

I would suggest that you get the system thoroughly checked out by a Security Analyst to assure it is infection free before continuing to try and get the Windows Updates installed.

Please follow these instructions - NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-will-not-download-or-install-updates-1100633.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Can anyone help me fix this.
I've tried swapping files from a good computer in regedit, but it didn't work or I didn't understand the directions properly.
I'm in a fix, about to go on a trip and certainly didn't need this right now
Can anyone help me?
I've tried all the conventional repairs
I have no system restore points
Microsofts fixit or no other downloads will install
No icons will work
Nothing to do with microsoft will open
Need help fast
bsandmg

A:FTP Software uninstall ripped windows installer

Please continue in your original thread HERE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-software-uninstall-ripped-windows-installer.1064194/
Relevancy 60.63%

Simply

I have a fresh install of Windows 7...all updates applied both software and firmware, and even though this dvd player/burner was used to install Win7, it does not work after the full install to both read and write to. It is not shown on My Computer and it doesn't list but it does list on the Bios on computer start and is enabled on the motherboard. It is an older IDE dvd burner 16x I believe, and it last operated just fine, (it did, after all, install Win7 from a DVD on fresh install.)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Relevancy 59.77%

Is it possible to reinstall W in order to get rid of Windows updates without losing my installed Programs and their updates I have been building and servicing computers at home for Re-install Win7 program and updates. Programs saving friends and family since About builds total Taught data entry and maintained computers for a manufacturing plant for over ten years Re-install Win7 saving Programs and program updates. I am NOT a programmer I am NOT an IT tech but I do know my way around a computer I built my current computer about six years ago to hopefully last years Corsair T case I think it has a bathroom with a shower in there somewhere it's huge PSU PC Power amp Cooling w Silencer SLI Crossfire ready ASUS MoBo Sabertooth FX st version CPU AMD FX -core with Noctua air cooler Gigs HyperX Memory Video cards HIS IceQ-X HD in Crossfire Hard Drives Crucial M SSD GiG with W Pro using a Seagate Gig Barracuda for Page file and program specific files Seagate Constellation TB with W pro my gaming drive Samsung EVO Gig with W Home Internal Seagate Constellation TB for back up WD Gig plugged into an external SATA drive dock for back up This system ran without issues of any kind until I installed Win in July Now my Win drive won't boot Before conclusions are jumped on I've tried it Been in forums Windows forum ASUS forum MS formu Bleepingcomputers I've had E-Mail discussions with four different ASUS techs Phone calls for total of over an hour with two more ASUS techs My particular motherboard has no options to disable Secure Boot Change OS type Change or delete Keys or enter UEFI Settings ASUS is stumped and I an stumped I don't want to Clean install and start over I have years of building my program base updating them tweaking them to my liking All of them are legally purchased mostly expensive and registered Starting over would be a huge pain in the I have been tempted to go into Registry and the system folders and just rip out the update that I want gone I have done that sort of thing on many occasions I ain't scared and have had great success at it Only thing HUNDREDS of entries relating to it KB That update is the problem MS quot accidentally quot changed it form quot OPTIONAL quot to quot RECOMMENDED quot which automatically installs early this year and screwed up a lot of ASUS based systems I can access files and folders through File Explorer I can even run a couple minor programs I can see inside most folders One I did look at was my Restore Points They are all gone except for in JULY But can't boot to restore anyway Need that update to go away Any Ideas Thanks in advance

A:Re-install Win7 saving Programs and program updates.

"I can access files and folders through File Explorer"
How are you doing that if it won't boot?

Did you attempt system restore from some kind of winpe boot media?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/401397-re-install-win7-saving-programs-program-updates.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've been having this issue for months now Against better judgement I've been forcing my system to shut down by holding the power button while ignoring the Win7 to also cannot shutdown/restart install won't -- 10 updates/upgrade problem I'd like to update to Windows however and fixing this would be healthier for my machine as Win7 won't install updates/upgrade to 10 -- also cannot shutdown/restart well My problem exists in steps Usually when I try to shut down restart my computer programs and services will terminate but Win7 won't install updates/upgrade to 10 -- also cannot shutdown/restart the system will hang at the desktop showing nothing but the background and stay there indefinitely I've attempted to shut down at the end of the night go to bed then when I wake up the computer is still hung up Win7 won't install updates/upgrade to 10 -- also cannot shutdown/restart on the desktop If I manage to get past this the Windows Update screen appears with the message Updating out of and stays I've had the same issue here where I leave it alone for hours and come back to find that it hasn't progressed at all I ran a hotfix https support microsoft com en-us kb but I am unsure if it worked because I still got stuck at the Windows Update screen I also ran the Windows Update troubleshooter as per these instructions https support microsoft com en-us kb but after checking registry it seemed to be stuck on resolving issues for about a half hour before I cancelled it I'm really not sure how I can fix this if every step seems to result in getting stuck I intend to try the other methods listed in the second article later tonight when I have the time Apologies if I left out any important info I'm writing this in a rush before work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621268/win7-wont-install-updatesupgrade-to-10-also-cannot-shutdownrestart/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello All I did a fresh install of Win Pro Bit yesterday from an OEM disc to a new Samsung Pro SSD sets of initial updates which included SP went without a hitch with Windows Updater set to let me know when updates are available so I can choose install unable Clean download to Pro Win7 updates... to download etc Today I got an alert that there were updates available for download I went through them and deselected KB which can mess with Asus Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates... MB's then hit continue an hour later my system was still quot Preparing to Download quot I changed the Updater settings to Download but let me choose what to install rebooted and a short while later I was told there were updates ready to install I checked Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates... again to make sure KB hadn't Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates... made it back onto the list and hit continue minutes later my system was still quot Preparing to Install quot At this point I figured something must be broken so considered rolling back through the Restore Points trying a Repair install or just nuking the drive and starting again But before trying any of the above I've included the CBS file a screen grab of the SURT tool after hrs the sfc Scannow results and the results of running the Windows Updater Troubleshooter I hope you guys can help thanks in advance Paul

A:Clean Win7 Pro install unable to download updates...

Hi Paul,
might be an easy fix, suspected cause >> you installed >> OEM << OS directly to NEW ssd.
your system specs look more like a custom build
please run this tool,
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

Roy

lookin back over your earlier posts does this relate to the VM install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397850-clean-win7-pro-install-unable-download-updates.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have just completed a new install of Windows Home Premium 64-bit with Service pack 1 and the most current rollup update (KB3125574, with prerequisite updates as well) pre-installed. Whenever i try to search for updates with windows update it just keeps searching for updates.

The following hotfixes have also been applied (successfully, none failed):
-KB971033
-KB3102810
-KB947821

Every time I restart windows and try to check for updates, Windows Update reports that it has not checked for updates

and if I try to search for updates it just sits on "Checking for updates..." (for days).

My CBS.zip is too big to post to this forum :/

A:New install Win7 x64 SP1 /w rollup update. won't search for updates

Hi,
Not surprising really you need KB3020369 & KB3125574 & KB3172605
windows update

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401696-new-install-win7-x64-sp1-w-rollup-update-wont-search-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I installed Arduino software, part of which included installing a number of drivers. I uninstalled the software using the internal software uninstall feature. Apparently it removed the drivers, but for some reason they still show up in the Windows install/uninstall list. I try to uninstall them using the Windows uninstaller, but I get an error stating that the drivers are not there (at that address). The problem is, I cannot re-install the drivers, because for some reason they still show as being installed by the Windows installer and the software refuses to re-install.

So, how do I remove a file name from the install/uninstall list on Windows 10? A file name for a file that is already deleted?

Thanks!

Max

A:Cannot Uninstall Drivers from Install/Uninstall List - Windows 10

Hi, Geek uninstaller (free) offers a range of removal options if you right click an entry.

However, you may have parts of the program left over.

1. Does the program's site offer a manual uninstaller or uninstall instruction?
2. Check the various folders that may have been created when you installed it for leftovers.
(Try Locate32 (free) - let it index all your files then you can quickly check for anything related to the name of your program on a find-as -you-type basis).
If you find any exe's left over, then use
Revo (free)
to force uninstall these.

Your problem will be knowing if anything is left over that you don't want.

Finally you can search the registry.
Try Regscanner (free) as this lists all found unlike Regedit which is 1 by 1.

Create a system restore point or back up your registry and delete remnants.

Good luck!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48932-cannot-uninstall-drivers-install-uninstall-list-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi.
I just did a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate SP1 on my PC, since the previous install was all crooked and had problems with viruses.
Now, I would like to keep Win7 just as a temporary tool, since all I want to get is the Win10 Upgrade tool and get the new release.
Since I don't want to install all 230+ Updates before getting the Upgrader (GWX), I'd like to ask which updates I mandatorily have to install in order to get the Upgrader. Microsoft's page regarding the update (KB3035583) does not tell me that I need some updates beforehand.

Any Ideas?

A:Which updates to install on fresh Win7 to get Win10 Upgrade tool?

You still need at least all the Security updates
See this thread for the listing of ones related to the Win 10 upgrade offer
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ows-7-8-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374642-updates-install-fresh-win7-get-win10-upgrade-tool.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I can't back up my data. I don't have anywhere to store 450g+.
I'm on Win7. (An RTM version)
MS doesn't offer a Windows Installer 5.0 Installer/Repair utility.
Trying to use an older distribution (4.5, anyway) tells me I'm using an incorrect OS.

Deleting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions stuff, and turning off the Customer Experience Improvement Program Client thing didn't work either.

I can't install or uninstall anything using Windows Installer, obviously.
I need a solution.
The easiest thing I can think of is if someone can give me an archive of the Windows Installer files and registry keys (And a .txt of everything's location) for Win7, and I can replace all the ones that I have. Though, I don't know if all of the keys and files are known,

A:Win7 Windows Installer issues

Can you either, you can try safe mode if necessary, from an administrator account type cmd in search and then in cmd type sfc /scannow. You may have to try it several times. A report should be generated explaining the problem. It will fix one problem at a time, so several passes may be needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/52337-win7-windows-installer-issues.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember, not sure why it's happening, but I've been unable to install certain programs(mostly games) because of a windows installer error message. I've gone to lengths to try and repair it using the Microsoft Fix-it, and other methods, but all of them don't work.

I saw a previous thread with the same problem, but it was more easily solved. I believe mine is much more complex, as I've tried that solution, and it doesn't work.

Open cmd, SFC /SCANNOW. I've included the logs, and as you can see, lots of corrupted files =[

A:[Win7] Windows Installer Error

Hey Bojango,

Do you keep your updates regular and antivirus running?

There can be many reasons why your files are corrupted missing including but not limited to; malicious software, Bad install, accidental alteration or deletion and much more..

Has this always been an Issue if so its very possible you installed the OS in a corrupted state. ether way Windows being a very restricted operating system in terms of alterations possible your best bet is to do a fresh install.

I will be happy to help you with any questions you may have in relation to backing up pre-existing files and installing a new Operating system.

Best Wishes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-windows-installer-error-724465.html
Relevancy 58.48%

HI Guys!

Trying to install OFFICE 2010 Pro on My Mom's machine. Got Error Message 1935

Dell Inspiron N5110-Windows 7 Premium 64

Installer problems error message 1935, . then attempted to do windows update and got error code 8008005, and noticed no updates installed on machine and no windows features available. Suspected Virus/Malware but no luck eliminating issues.

No restore points available.

Could'nt install/apply Microsoft Fixits for any problems because of installer problems

No Windows 7 Disk for Clean Install

Installed Ccleaner/Malwarebytes/MS Security Essentials- No help

Sorry to bother you with this but I' stumped.

I have Hijack this logs and Combofix logs, but not sure if youneed to see them yet.
Thanks

ZDoon

W

A:Windows Installer/Updates FAIL

Here is HJT log if anyone has any ideas

Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 9:18:55 AM, on 9/6/2013
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Safe mode
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe,
O2 - BHO: IESpeakDoc - {8D10F6C4-0E01-4BD4-8601-11AC1FDF8126} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Wireless\Bluetooth Suite\IEPlugIn.dll
O2 - BHO: avast! Online Security - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.7.8313.1002\swg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O3 - Toolbar: avast! Online Security - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NUSB3MON] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAStorIcon] C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {7815BE26-237D-41A8-A98F-F7BD75F71086} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Wireless\Bluetooth Suite\IEPlugIn.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Send by Bluetooth to - {7815BE26-237D-41A8-A98F-F7BD75F71086} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Wireless\Bluetooth Suite\IEPlugIn.dll
O9 - Extra button: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Send To Bluetooth - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra '... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-updates-fail.1107799/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,Now that Windows XP updates has been discontinued (as of April 8 2014) and the final security patches have been established is there a single downloadable file that contains all of its patches? I ask in case if I were to load Windows XP on a machine to discover that the Windows Update checker in Internet Explorer 8 stops working or something similar where accessing these updates is no longer available.message edited by doesWindowsXPRock

A:Offline Windows XP Updates Installer

You can still download and save Service Pack 3 for future installation when required:http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down...So grab it while you still can.There is no single download for individual updates released since SP3, nor are they available now anyway - - it's passed the deadline of April 8thAs long as you install SP3 and install a reliable and trusted antivirus and third-party firewall, you need not worry about security holes.However, as time progresses you will find fewer and fewer hardware and software manufacturers who support Windows XP on their new products, which is fine if you never intend to buy any new computer software or hardware - - not a very practical situation to be in.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/offline-windows-xp-updates-installer/203138.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi i am new .windows installer will not install my updates for security.i get all sorts of advise go here go there but nothing works ,how can i install windows xp again when i haven't got the c/d.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I recently decided to reformat my computer and ever since I've been having multiple issues and can't pinpoint the problem I have various problems -Windows Updates will just hang forever when trying to install -When viewing videos or Netflix Hang - Fresh - Win7 Corrupt, SFC Install BSOD, 64bit Updates Win it seems to BSOD when I switch tabs on the web browser This happens with videos using both Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang -When I run sfc scannow corrupt files were found that can't be fixed Here is part of the log - - Info CSI SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI dc SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot source file Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang in store is also corrupted Here are the computer specs Windows x Home Premium MOBO asRock P xtreme gen CPU Intel I k Sandybridge RAM G Skill X GB DDR GPU eVGA TI Burner LG Bluray Burner SSD Samsung GB I have a nd SSD and other HDD but I have disconnected them from the computer while trying to figure out the issue I have installed Windows with my genuine disc and a sp disc and both have sfc corrupt errors on a fresh install Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you Confirmed Just installed Windows bit on my SSD and did an SFC scan and there are no corrupt files

A:Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang

Load bios defaults, then memtest the ram for several loops. If everything checks ok, maybe your install media is damaged or corrupted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233893-fresh-install-win7-64bit-sfc-corrupt-bsod-win-updates-hang.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Greetings For Broken - Installer [SOLVED] WIN7 Windows the past year or so I have had various issues with my Windows Installer - it just does not plain out work I have not been able to download any new software on my computer that uses [SOLVED] WIN7 - Windows Installer Broken Windows Installer to operate so it is quite a pain in the rear I am using Windows - -bit - Service Pack I've tried to fix this issue before and have went in to rename files and such with no prevail I am basically in need of a full Windows Installer package that will overwrite old things and make them work I know Microsoft has redistributes for these for older OS versions but not for Windows I need some [SOLVED] WIN7 - Windows Installer Broken help with possible fixes I have already went into the services and changed it to quot automatic quot instead of manual [SOLVED] WIN7 - Windows Installer Broken if I try to start it I get the error message of quot Windows could not start the Window Installer service on Local Computer Error The system cannot find the file specified quot Any help would be appreciated Thank you for your time

A:[SOLVED] WIN7 - Windows Installer Broken

Go to Start type in CMD locate CMD.exe right click on it then select "Run As Administrator"

type

SFC /SCANNOW

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-windows-installer-broken-634835.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Greetings I ve researched quite a bit to try and troubleshoot this on my 3.1.0.0 1.1, NET Issues Updates 2.0 Windows Installer and Framework own but I think my problem stems from the fact that I installed and may be am running the wrong version of Windows Installer on my system Please don t laugh do I have a bit or an bit or am I running Win NT like HiJack This says I think I installed the WIndows Installer for x and not mine or does it not make a difference Hence my WIndows Installer is set up to run automatically in services but it keeps stopping despite my re-starting it right before I attempt to download the NET Framework updates I uninstalled the NET and that I already had on my computer and tried to reinstall them after downloading and running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility I Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues ve unreg d and reg d Windows Installer I attempted to run the WFP Scan and didn t know where I was going with that I ve read and read MS KB articles to a point Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues where I am tired and thinking I might Windows Installer 3.1.0.0 and NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 Updates Issues make things worse I thought about uninstalling Windows Installer and re-installing and then it warns me that all sorts of programs like every one may not run so I didn t go there So I hope the above paragraph explains thoroughly what I ve done not done and what my issue is Or not so let me know what more info you need to assess I m perplexed and could use someone s help Below is my HijackThis log and the s are shady items I know but your advice as to what to fix do uninstall re-install would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIABA EXE C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exe C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Speeditup Free SearchDefender exe C Program Files UnH Solutions IE Privacy Keeper IEPrivacyKeeper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files DOWNLOADED STUFF HiJackThis v exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www searchgateway net search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchgateway net search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchgateway net search GFNT FF GIMP FF FORID amp q s O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar VMN Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E - C PROGRA VMNTOO VMNTOO DLL O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Ru... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-3-1-0-0-and-net-framework-1-1-2-0-updates-issues.678444/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on an HP Envy m6 laptop. I went to check for updates due to the fact that this laptop originally had Windows 8.1. Windows updates just keeping Checking for updates with the green progress bar keeps turning and
turning. I had this problem awhile back and there is an issue with two KB files which are windows update agents but I did not write them down. Does anybody have that information?
Thanking you in advance,
Dennis Sturgill

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0de5f859-9f60-4f37-bd1d-5b321bf9fc00/after-fresh-install-of-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-then-running-windows-updates-it-just-keeps?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.62%

I just rebuilt my box with Win7 x64 Ultimate installed. I installed Office XP Pro with a custom install. Ever since then Windows Installer keeps running for it over and over even though all of the CD files are on the HDD. I've tried removing from add/remove programs and doing a complete install but it still won't go away. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Win7 x64 and Office XP Pro Problem - Windows Installer Keeps Running

What do you mean by "all the CD files are on the HDD". It sounds like you copied the CD to the HDD, which might be causing the problem since the CD has an autorun.exe that will make the installer run every time the computer realizes its there. If i'm mistaken, please explain what you mean. I've never seen a problem quit like that but will be glad to help as best I can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/99009-win7-x64-office-xp-pro-problem-windows-installer-keeps-running.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

I can't install some programs on my computer..i have windows vista HomePremium 32 bit..

when i open the installer of any kind of program..it's everythingfine...I choose the path..etc..but when is time to install the files the installer freeze at the 0%..
I want to install ventrillo on my computer..but i canīt because of that..
I play online and is a program very important..

if someone can help me i would appreciate..

thanks..

give u guys a screen shot of what happens:

A:can't install progs

Try disabling any security software, and right-click the ventrillo setup.exe and run as Administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-progs.586135/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi There

I am trying to install Windows Defender after downloading it to my Downloads folder but keep getting an error message.

Same trouble installing jre5 update7 (Java I believe) so I have printscreens of this also.

Any help will be appreciated.

I also would like to say that I think this forum is the best one to send attachments on.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey everyone,
I need to uninstall every update that followed service pack 1, because they have all been causing me problems and have been a nightmare..
is there any way to do this?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello 7

I am working on clearing all of the HP bloat from my son's Compaq and I've decided to replace the system image with a bare-bones no-BS backup.

Right now I'm in the middle of uninstalling over a year worth of Windows Updates. I've found several different ways of uninstalling a single update or an entire service pack. But I haven't found any way to "batch uninstall" or preferably "uninstall all" Windows Updates.

Is this possible? Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Uninstall ALL Windows Updates at once

i think after reinstall windows then all updates uninstall. Because of i sow that last reinstall windows7 in my desktop computer i have to again install all windows7 updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/190642-uninstall-all-windows-updates-once.html
Relevancy 56.76%

after installing 5 blessed windows updates, i want to unistall them. when i log off, i can't open outlook express without rebooting. HELP!

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I had windows xp professional bit installed on my PC I then wanted AND - Win7 Installer/Repair Windows wont run Status:0xc0000098 disc 7 to test out Ubuntu so I installed the newest version of that on my PC I Windows 7 - Status:0xc0000098 AND Win7 Installer/Repair disc wont run was able to dual boot into both Then I decided I wanted to go with Windows so I installed Windows All was well except I wanted to remove Ubuntu I was following a tutorial and using Easy BCD I removed the Windows 7 - Status:0xc0000098 AND Win7 Installer/Repair disc wont run boot loader for all of the Operating Systems Now when I boot my PC I am greeted with the Windows Boot Manager telling me File Boot BCD Status xc Info The Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry I have tried using my Windows installation disc a Windows repair disc and also a Windows USB installation and neither will run I have gone into BIOS to ensure that the boot device order is cdrom when using the discs and usb for the usb I have no files Windows 7 - Status:0xc0000098 AND Win7 Installer/Repair disc wont run on my PC so there is nothing there for me to lose Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm guessing there are some bios tweaks that I am unaware of

A:Windows 7 - Status:0xc0000098 AND Win7 Installer/Repair disc wont run

Hi,

I'm unclear what you want to do now:

If its to attempt to fix the Windows bootloader, read this:
MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

If its to wipe your HDD and reinstall Windows 7, read this:
Clean Install Windows 7

Both require you to boot from DVD or USB, so read your manual to find out what steps are required to place these first in the boot order.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261452-windows-7-status-0xc0000098-win7-installer-repair-disc-wont-run.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Windows 8.1 Optional Updates - how to uninstall them since i think make in my PC crash so-so, I refer for error:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE I got 7 times this screen and required shut down PC Losing my work...in detail i got:
We're just collecting some error info and then we' ll restart for you.(!00%).
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

how learn last 45 days optional updates released or prior month's? to uninstall them?

A:Windows 8.1 Optional Updates - how to uninstall them since

kernel security check failure
By the time installed my first - not other from that point - optional update getting this error.
you know Any update number of the cause??? can you give so uninstall it in win 8.1 pro - fresh installed May 2015 - i think this optional update installed start of June 2015...well?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/68007-windows-8-1-optional-updates-how-uninstall-them-since.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Had a major crash so bit the bullet and went for a fresh re-install of Win & Home 64 bit. Now it will only let me reinstall a few progs previously downloaded. It comes up with a message that says:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check to see wethere you need a 32 or 64 bit prog and contact the software publisher.

These progs all downloaded and installed before. Any ideas? I have switched off UAC to no avail. It also seems to install freshly downloaded files.

A:Progs will not install after reloading Win 7.

They may have become corrupted somehow and need fresh downloads.

How is overall performance? troubleshooting steps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/172731-progs-will-not-install-after-reloading-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

As the title says, I have problems with Windows Update. I tried some fixes like: Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components, Reset_Windows_Update_History, MicrosoftFixit50362 (which is a Microsoft Installer Fixer that couldn't install PowerShell), MicrosoftFixit50202. But what I really need is installing .NET Framework 4. I tried forcing it to install, installing it step by step, but it couldn't go further than .NET Framework 3.5. I need that Framework, the other updates don't really matter. And the interesting thing is that my antivirus doesn't say that Windows is not up-to-date, which is not normal, in ESET Smart Security, if Windows is not up-to-date.
If specs matter:
6 GB RAM
AMD Athlon ll X4 750K
AMD Radeon R7 240 4GB GDDR3
Vista SP2

cbs.txt:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/jsoeje0nxt30g5u/cbs.txt

I don't know how to obtain CheckSUR.log.

A:Windows Update stuck at Checking for Updates and can't install Updates manually

Hi antoniu200:

Many other Vista users have reported that Windows Update seems to get stuck at "Checking for updates..." for long periods of time, and this problem dates back to the August 2015 Patch Tuesday updates - see my screenshots in ScousaJAY's thread windows update just seems to hang while checking in the VistaForums. This month's December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates required a full hour on my machine before it finished the  "Checking for updates..." phase and finally presented a list of available updates, so you might want to try running a manual Windows Update and leaving your computer alone for an hour or so to see if it eventually runs to completion.

You might also want to read Nikilet's recent thread Updates were not configured correctly in that same forum.  Some Vista users, including myself, received an error message this month stating "Updates were not configured correctly. Reverting changes. Please do not turn off your computer" when they tried to install the December 2015 Patch Tuesday updates.  Six updates for the Vista OS and one cumulative update for IE9 were marked as "Failed" on my machine after Windows forced an automatic rollback and re-boot of my machine.  I re-ran Windows Update today and all Important updates that failed yesterday eventually installed successfully ("Checking for updates..." still took about one hour and I declined one Recommended update KB3112148 for Vista and one Optional update KB3106614 for Silverlight today) so the secret might be to install updates in smaller batches instead of trying to install all dozen or so available updates in a single update session.
-------------32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox v42.0 * IE9 * NIS (2014) v21.7.0.11 * MBAM Premium v2.2.0
HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo [email protected] GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598963/windows-update-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-and-cant-install-updates-manually/
Relevancy 55.9%

Suddenly Windows 7 has stopped installing Windows Updates. It downloads, then creates restore point, starts installation, but then comes back with the error code 800F0900. This happens with all the updates when carried out individually, critical or optional. I first went through the process of clearing all the Start-up Programs in the Services section of msconfig. As that did not solve it I then stopped all but MS services, and that did not solve it.  I tried the Microsoft .NET Setup Verification Tool. This said there were problems that it could not fix and sent a report to Microsoft.  Following an earlier thread on this site, I installed and used the Windows Repair program from Tweeking.com. This failed to solve the problem. Does any one have any other possible advice to help solve this problem ?

A:Windows Updates will not install. Error code 800F0900 for all updates.

I would try running the System Update Readiness Tool:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597603/windows-updates-will-not-install-error-code-800f0900-for-all-updates/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, please I would like to know how to uninstall Windows Defender updates to free SSD space, because i can?t find the update to uninstall in the Installed Updates section(that you get to by clicking unistall updates/programmes).
I only see updates like KB and such...

But SpaceSniffer is showing, that i have 477mb ocupied thanks to windows defender- but i can?t seem to be able to get rid of it. I don?t want to uninstall it(i know it can be done with CMD) i just want to uninstall the updates! And even remove the scans if possible. Thanks

A:How to uninstall Windows Defender updates?!(500mb+)

Hello coregamer, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I'm not sure that you can uninstall them like that.

If you haven't already, you could use the tutorial below to cleanup old out of date Windows Updates that have been superseded by later updates to help free up some space.

Windows Update Cleanup in Windows 8

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61353-how-uninstall-windows-defender-updates-500mb.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Good day to all, i just would like to ask how to delete or uninstall failed or unsuccesful updates of windows, it failed because of poor internet connection. thanx!

A:How to delete or uninstall failed windows updates

If they did not install, you cannot uninstall them. But if they turn up again in "available updates", you can "hide" them - just right click.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/192812-how-delete-uninstall-failed-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I wonder whether one or more of 13 recent Windows Updates has caused an issue. I can use System Restore to take my PC back to September 7th, three days before the Windows Updates were installed (there is just a Java update that has taken place since that I would have to carry out again). Alternatively, I can uninstall the Windows Updates one at a time or all together to see whether that rectifies the situation. Is there a preference? Should I uninstall from the highest KB number downwards if I uninstall the Updates one at a time?

A:System Restore or uninstall Windows Updates?

Hi, if you suspect that the updates are causing problems the easiest way is to use System restore.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/53876-system-restore-uninstall-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, i have set up peer to peer network and want to copy over and install programmes from master to client, but while doing this i am loosing files.

All i want to do is either copy an installed prog from master to client...................or.............have a shared folder/drive to enable client machine to load prog from.

How's this done.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-progs-master-to-client.3256/
Relevancy 55.47%

How are you guys doing today i recently reinstalled windows I'm looking for some assistance as far as which updates to install on Windows Also would like to to (SCREENSHOTS updates 7 Windows INSIDE) Which install? Updates: know how to turn on a feature so the updates will install automatically If thats safe In my optional tab it reads the following Windows 7 Updates: Which updates to install? (SCREENSHOTS INSIDE) All of these boxes are unchecked AMD -Other hardware storage controller - AMD SATA CONTROLLER DELL INC -DISPLAY -DELLIN ANALOG Update for Windows for x -based systems KB Update for Windows for x -based systems KB Update for Windows for x -based systems KB In my important tab it reads the following these two boxes Windows 7 Updates: Which updates to install? (SCREENSHOTS INSIDE) are unchecked Update for Microsoft NET framework on Windows and Windows server R SP for x based systems KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB The rest of the important updates are Microsoft Office related all are checked Anyone know if these are safe to install and if so how do i instruct them to install automatically UPDATE I've loaded screenshots so you guys can maybe help me better Bless Thanks in advanced

A:Windows 7 Updates: Which updates to install? (SCREENSHOTS INSIDE)

Quote: Originally Posted by Zeek1017

How are you guys doing today? i recently reinstalled windows 7

I'm looking for some assistance as far as which updates to install on Windows 7.

Also would like to know how to turn on a feature so the updates will install automatically (If thats safe)

In my optional tab it reads the following(All of these boxes are unchecked)

AMD -Other hardware, storage controller - AMD SATA CONTROLLER

DELL INC -DISPLAY -DELLIN1920(ANALOG)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB2574819)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB2592687)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based systems (KB2709981)

In my important tab it reads the following (these two boxes are unchecked)

Update for Microsoft. NET framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64 based systems (KB2836942)

Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2836939)

The rest of the important updates are Microsoft Office related (all are checked)

Anyone know if these are safe to install and if so how do i instruct them to install automatically?

UPDATE: I've loaded screenshots so you guys can maybe help me better

Bless.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Zeek1017,

Welcome to Seven forums.

You should go ahead with all the updates on the system. As updates whether for the drivers or software provide better security and more features to the particular hardware or software.

However, it is always recommended to create a restore point manually before updating the system so that if required you can revert as well:

System Restore Point - Create

This tutorial would show you how you can perform system restore if required:

System Restore

Lastly. check this tutorial for setting updates automatically if you wish to do so:

Windows Update Settings - Change

Hope this answers your query. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304654-windows-7-updates-updates-install-screenshots-inside.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have 5 updates that fail to install. I have also tried to manually install them, but they still fail Here are the updates:

KB2586448

KB2572076

KB2564958

KB2567053

KB2579686

The error code I get is "800736B3". I ran MS FIXIT and it said they did not detect any problems.

A:5 updates fail to install through windows updates or manual?

Hello, have you tried:

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Update.

Its from this link: Windows Update error 800705b4

I know its a different error code but its worth a try.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/191594-5-updates-fail-install-through-windows-updates-manual.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Join Date Nov win pro posts Local Time PM I have a Dell XPS Z laptop with GB of RAM x GHz processors and GB hard drive which is only about half full The operating system is Windows Pro All updates are current I have Kaspersky anti-virus malware bytes amp spybot search and destroy All of which say the computer is clean I have repeatedly successfully installed Windows updates Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Then within a a few minutes I am notified that new updates are available The same ones Just to make sure the update were truly successful I have reinstalled them several times with the same result Occasionally there are other Windows updates included along with my two familiar ones The others install fine and install new updates Windows re-flagged updates 2 as successfully, I never hear anything more about them But the two above will soon come back as new updates available Though I can 2 Windows updates install successfully, re-flagged as new updates certainly ignore responding to these update notifications it would be kind and nice to get it fixed Thanks Larry

A:2 Windows updates install successfully, re-flagged as new updates

Right click on the ones you already have (when they show up again) and 'hide' them. That will stop the nuisance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312874-2-windows-updates-install-successfully-re-flagged-new-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

There are two Microsoft updates that has caused a very important program to stop working. I have identified the two that caused the problem, however they cannot be removed per the Microsoft message that once installed they cannot be removed. Please, is there another way I can remove them so I can get my program up and running?

A:Unable to uninstall updates impacting other programs,Windows 7

It would help if you told us
1) the affected application
2) the KB numbers of the problem updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/242645-unable-uninstall-updates-impacting-other-programs-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Cant open task manager or install something like avg or adaware was able to clean oh around things with SpyBot Any help would be great First post so hope i did it right thanksDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by admin at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP run to man task install or progs unable antiv Professional GMT - unable to run task man or install antiv progs AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D A C-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated EDBD C-FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated unable to run task man or install antiv progs FB -FFA - EF- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated DDC-FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated E FC-FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated B C C-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated F -FFA - EF- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated C -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated B -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated FB A-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D C-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated DEE -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D BC-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D DDC-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D -FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated DBD BC-FFA - EF- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated CB FC-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated DC DDC-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated DA CFC-FFA - EF- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated F BC-FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated AB -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Outdated B C -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated FBB -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated CAF FC-FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D DDC-FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated DC C-FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated CE E -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated D F -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated FAC -FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated CFD C-FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated BEFAB -FFA - - D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated DEFC -FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning enabled Updated C -FFA - EE- D - CA A C AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-acces... Read more

A:unable to run task man or install antiv progs

so after doing much more reading i tried Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware... what a fast, small and gets the job done tool. adaware used to do that now its kinda flashy and wouldnt even start.. i think i can take it from here.

thanks for your time

Phather

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267692/unable-to-run-task-man-or-install-antiv-progs/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just received a new computer running XP for one of my users. The computer has been added to the domain but the user cannot install any programs. I have looked at the user directory on the server and cannot see any groups or permissions that differ from other users that can install programs without any problems. Any suggestions?

A:New XP comp on 2000 Server cannot install progs

Oops, I should at that on the user's old computer she could install programs with no problem at all

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240376/new-xp-comp-on-2000-server-cannot-install-progs/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there thanks for taking the time to help Firstly I m running a Toshiba Satellite with Vista Home Premium -bit and sp About a week ago I started experiencing redirects when clicking on links through Google I understood from searches this was the dreaded to Services.exe, Installer Win Windows Updates! no Potential Access and TDSS Rootkit Unable - Problems TDSS Rootkit which seems to be sweeping the nation at the moment Fortunately I seemed to have been able to remove it as my searches are no longer tainted though for the life of me I don t remember what i did so many different things tried Unfortunately I now seem to be having a seperate issue which I m unsure whether it is a result of me fiddling with system settings too much or the TDSS still has a hold on me Average out of times in the past week when shutting down my computer it has hung at the Logging Off or Shutting Down screen and will not shut down In the same instances where this is happening when trying to install uninstall a program I receive an error from Windows Installer stating quot The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance quot Clearly a very helpful message if you work in an office with a deicated IT department I searched this on Google and found this could be a problem with the entry in Services msc and could be amended simply by changing the setting to Manual The unfortunate part is when attempting to access Services msc from the run command I receive the error quot The system encountered the following error while reading the Potential TDSS Rootkit - Unable to Access Services.exe, Windows Installer Problems and no Win Updates! list of services on Error Not enough storage is Potential TDSS Rootkit - Unable to Access Services.exe, Windows Installer Problems and no Win Updates! available to complete this operation quot which shows up twice then reveals a blank services screen As previously stated both Windows Installer and Services msc are accessible at the same time as my computer will shut itself down however on other occasions such as I type this now I am receiving these errors therefore when i come to shut my computer down it will hang on the Shutting Down screen In addition to the above and the thing that concedes me to believe a virus is at work is my inability to Windows Update When I attempt to manually check for updates I have set the system to automatically download new updates however it hadn t seemed to be doing this I receive the error quot Windows could not search for new updates Error s found Code D - Windows Update encountered an unknown error quot I would be forever grateful if someone could help spare me re-formatting the OS ThanksMikeEDIT Additionally I ve just searched the Windows Update error code and someone else receiving this message was told to follow this link to reset Windows Updates components http support microsoft com kb FixItForMeAlways however when I try this it attempts to run Windows Installer which I m not currently able to do as receiving the aforementioned error I ll stop any further meddling until I receive a response

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308893/potential-tdss-rootkit-unable-to-access-servicesexe-windows-installer-problems-and-no-win-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

Please can someone post a quick explanation of how to do things I know there are command prompt codes for each of these things but Please and how to prompt via updates comand explain windows uninstall list I do not know precisely what the codes are I recall having seen othrs post them before but couldn't find the posts where they were mentioned The first thing How do I search for a full list of all installed updates via the command prompt The second thing How do I use command prompt to search for the presence or lack of a particular updates Do I have KB installed or not so I know quickly whether certain updates are installed rather than having to manually check down a very long list The third thing How is removal of particular updates done from the command prompt computer please uninstall KB don't interfere with any other updates I think that the answers to these are similar for all modern windows systems but I posted in the windows section as the machine I wish to quickly check for certain updates on is a windows machine Thank You

A:Please explain how to list and uninstall windows updates via comand prompt

Good things I have canneds for that Uninstall a Windows Update - Command PromptFollow the instructions below to uninstall a Windows Update manually via the command prompt.On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the command below (you can copy/paste it, to paste in the command prompt, right-click inside it and select Paste):wusa /uninstall /KB:$NUMBERLet me know the outcome of the command: either it uninstall the update or either it says that the update isn't installed on the system;Search for a Windows Update - Command PromptFollow the instructions below to search a Windows Update manually via the command prompt.On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the command below (you can copy/paste it, to paste in the command prompt, right-click inside it and select Paste):wmic qfe | find "KB$NUMBER"If the update is found, this command will return a line with the installation KB name, installation and Microsoft Support link for it. If it's not, nothing will appear;Let me know if the update was found or not;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584479/please-explain-how-to-list-and-uninstall-windows-updates-via-comand-prompt/
Relevancy 54.18%

Booting computer a few days ago was met with dialog box that "Shutdown In prob, progs won't Had now launch, Minute" un/install One said gt Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now Did some searching on another computer Had "Shutdown In One Minute" prob, now won't launch, un/install progs and found this old thread that seemed to fit http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum Had "Shutdown In One Minute" prob, now won't launch, un/install progs windows -performance windows-has-encountered-a-critical-problem-and c da -eb - - eb-f f ea I followed these instructions so far Method Step Had "Shutdown In One Minute" prob, now won't launch, un/install progs Disable the Automatic Restart to prevent the restarts on system failure a When your computer starts keep pressing F on your keyboard till you get the Advanced Boot Options screen b Now use arrow keys select Disable automatic restart on system failure and press Enter Step Start your computer in safe mode and check if you still get the error message If it boots properly may be a third party application or a service is causing the issue We can use - approach to narrow down the root cause of the issue Refer to the article below for steps about how to start your computer in clean boot state How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows http support microsoft com kb Note When the troubleshooting is over do not forget to reset the computer to normal startup Follow the step in the above article Method If you suspect any virus activity I would strongly recommend you to run an online Virus Scan Sometimes the installed security program might not be just enough I also recommend you to update your security software regularly a Follow the link below to run the free online scan http onecare live com site en-us default htm b Run the Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool - bithttp www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyID AD AE -E D- F - AB - B EB amp displaylang en Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool - bithttp www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId D BDE- F- E- E - F EFFC amp displaylang en Method got rid of the dialog box and the shutdowns However that revealed that programs won't launch I can not install or uninstall programs This has stopped me from running any further tools or installing uninstalling anything that would or could help I will receive an error that says nothing or just the copyright symbol with an OK button Most of the time nothing will happen Task Manager won't start Method isn't as helpful as the online tool they mention doesn't exist anymore The malicious removal tool yielded one infected file then hung on TCPIP sys and would not finish the process without a hard reboot I've run Mbam-clean to see if i can restart malaware which was installed prior to this I got it it to finish once but still no ability to install malaware anew Some programs I've been able to open during boot like task manager via start menu CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't do anything and sometimes will go to black to inform me the keyboard shortcut failed I can sure dick around with it some more and find other threads with pieces of advice to try but I'm afraid I'll only make it worse What should I do Sorry about post being a big bag of poo I've been coming to BC over the last ten years or so for advice yet this is the first time I've ever posted Appreciate everything and anything anyone can do for me D -Tony

A:Had "Shutdown In One Minute" prob, now won't launch, un/install progs

Hi Tporter,
Do you follow this advise? 

Download and burn to CD the kav rescue ISO image from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso. Do a full system scan booting from the disc you created. Remove all found infection, including that stupid annoying rootkit, and you're done! 

Try to check this suggestion, then let me know if this help

Elvis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631593/had-shutdown-in-one-minute-prob-now-wont-launch-uninstall-progs/
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows Updates continues to re-install five specific updates which Updates. Re-install Windows-Updates to Continues are Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB -Download size MB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB -Download size MB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB -Download size MB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB -Download size MB Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB -Download size MB - I purchased my computer to months ago It is a Windows Home Windows-Updates Continues to Re-install Updates. Premium Hewlett-packard HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC -bit Operating System I have tried numerous trouble-shoots and all have failed If anyone knows of a solution this extremely aggravating issue please feel free to answer this immediately Thank you -Isaiah

A:Windows-Updates Continues to Re-install Updates.

I have tried numerous trouble-shoots and all have failed.what else did you try?Did you try uninstalling microsoft .NET framework 4 client profile from add or remove programs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457163/windows-updates-continues-to-re-install-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

I get a message everytime I try to updates Windows, there is over 112 updates which could not install, I have attached a picture of my error code (In the picture i have only tried one to see if it would work.)
Thanks

Attachment 301011

Attachment 301030

A:Windows Updates Are Failing to Install? ( Over 112 Updates)

please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions, so the experts can help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/317846-windows-updates-failing-install-over-112-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I tried to install Yawcam and it called for Java.

Tried to install Java and the install hung.

Checked some threads and came back and tried a standalone install.

The standalone didn't seem very standalone, still seemed web based to me, but anyway...

The Install quickly informed me that the install was unsuccessful - like almost immediately, before even trying, like it had read that info from some log the previous install had left.

I tried to Uninstall. Doesn't show on Windows list of installed progs.

Tried Java Uninstall service or prog or whatever they call it

It wouldn't run because it apparently needs Java to run.

So here I am. Win7 with no Java on it. And Win7 I can't begin to try to put Java on it because of the Java on it.

Any ideas what I could do?

The machine is 64bit, i3, Asrock motherboard.

A:Cannot Install Java Cannot Uninstall Java. Win7

Where did you get JAVA from?
Get it here.

Java Downloads for All Operating Systems

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/394702-cannot-install-java-cannot-uninstall-java-win7.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

Ever since I upgraded to the XP Service Pack 2, I've had nothing but problems. The most annoying of which being Windows Installer/InstallShield won't install anything. It appears like it will install, then stops when it says 'Configuring Windows Installer', then I get this message '1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime'

I have checked out the support at the InstallShield website. They address the issue on the site, but none of the solutions help.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any possible solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Mat

A:Windows Installer Won't Install

There is a new version of the installer on the windows update page.
Give it a try.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-wont-install-49854.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I keep getting the usual quot updates are available quot shield on my taskbar and it s always windows itself! install 3.1 installer won't for the latest update of windows installer I ve downloaded it times now and told it to install itself times now and windows installer 3.1 won't install itself! it always seems to work right but never really does It always goes thru its paces and the progress bar goes all the way to the right but at the very end it ends with a message that says two things basically it didn t install properly and I need to restart for the updates to take effect Those both can t be right at the same time obviously It must not have installed because a day or so later the shield pops up again and it s deja vu all over again I read the MS description of the update and it sounds as if it isn t really worth worrying about Is that right If so how do I stop windows update from reminding me every other day or so that it s an available update I want to be reminded just not for THIS one nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

I constantly have a Windows update yellow shield on my toolbar (the one showing programmes that are running). When I run it, it is for Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1, but it always says the update could not be installed. And the yellow shield stays. What's this about please and what should I do?

Dell Latitude D400, 1.4 Gig Pentium M, 512 MB RAM, 30 Gig hard drive with 22 Gig free.

Relevancy 54.18%

Since I reinstalled My Windows XP my Widows installer seems to be corrupt or gone. I have tried to install it from Microsoft but it will not install. Now Flash, and many other programs will not upgrade or install without the installer. Also I cannot delete many programs without it.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Installer will not install

There is a workaround to uninstall it, then reinstall on M$ site. There is also a Windows Cleanup Utility to clean uninstall some M$ progs on site. (I'm away so can't give the url's).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-will-not-install.497845/
Relevancy 54.18%

Trying to install a Silverlight Update, a Java update or other software, I get this window:

What could be the problem ?

A:Windows Installer won't let me install

Go to Control Panel | Programs and Features and uninstall Silverlight entirely, then go to microsoft and download the silverlight package and install it. I have had to do this a few times already, and it is annoying.

The same goes for the Java 6 Update 18.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72771-windows-installer-wont-let-me-install.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So after I did a repair install of XP for a previous problem I went to Windows Update. It said I needed to install Windows Installer 3.1 to continue. Instead of saying it was done, it said it was unable to install. Then I downloaded the file manually and went to install. It said something about not having permissions, or access denied. I thought it was because my system restore was screwed up, but that's now fixed, so I don't know what the problem is now.

A:Windows Installer 3.1 Won't Install

Are you administrator? If the permissions are screwed up, go into the Control panel and make sure you're an admin.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93655/windows-installer-31-wont-install/
Relevancy 54.18%

I use automatic updates on XP Home, and I keep getting a pop up telling me that Windows Installer 3.1 is ready to be installed.

I run the update and just a few seconds later I get another pop-up message telling me that Windows Installer 3.1 is ready to be intsalled. No matter how any times in run the update, it keeps coming back.

A:Windows Installer 3.1 keeps on trying to install

use SYSTEM RESTORE to return your system to before this event occurred.
set your WINDOWS UPDATE to-----"notify me but dont automatically download or install them".

in the SECURITY CENTER in your CONTROL PANEL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-3-1-keeps-on-trying-to-install.542897/
Relevancy 53.75%

I downloaded RT7Lite and all Windows Updates released since 5-13-2014 using the Windows Update Downloader.

Can I simply use the integrate option to slipstream all of the files I downloaded with the downloader? There are a mix of .exe and .msu files. I read that some updates are prerequisite for others, so will they be installed in the correct order of I slipstream them all into the same Win7 .iso file?

Thanks for any help.

-Brandon

A:Best Way to Slipstream Windows Updates (Win7)

Officially, there is no supported way to slipstream Windows 7.

Having said that, look here...
Slipstream Windows 7 SP1 into a Installation DVD or ISO File

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335085-best-way-slipstream-windows-updates-win7.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey, about 3 weeks ago I was getting a constant rundll93.exe error. I ran several anti-spyware and bitdeffender and none still detected it. So I had lost internet connection and soon enough the PC would freeze upon boot. So, I repaired my XP with the installation disc. Everything has been fine except I can't delete one folder in my "mybackup" folder and have started getting redirects while browsing, I can't install any antispyware/ antivirus software. I get page not displayed or he likes. Rundll93 has started showing up again and several sites have been getting blocked. I have only been able to download malwarebytes antispyware, but it won't allow me to run it. The free online Panda scan detected W32/P2PShared.AN.worm and BCK/TDSS.AU but can't disinfect it. I only get one result when googling rundll93. Please help, I'm at the ends...

A:rundll93.exe error, can't download/install anti-*.* progs, redirects..etc

Some types of malware will disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it and changing the file extension. <- click this link if you do not see the file extensionRight-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to myscan and change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.Be sure to update MBAM through the program's interface (preferable method) or manually download the definition updates and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Then perform a Quick Scan in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the report in your next reply.Mbam-rules.exe is not updated daily. Another way to get the most current database definitions if you're having problems updating through the program's interface or have already manually downloaded the latest definitions (mbam-rules.exe) shown on this page, is to do the following: Install MBAM on a clean computer, launch the program and update through MBAM's interface. Copy the definitions (rules.ref) to a USB stick or CD and transfer that file to the infected machine. Copy rules.ref to the location indicated for your operating system. If you cannot see the folder, then you may have to Reconfigure Windows to show it.XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareVista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen perform a new Quick Scan in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.It appears you have a nasty variant of the TDSSSERV rootkit. Rootkits, backdoor Trojans, Botnets, and IRCBots are very dangerous because they compromise system integrity by making changes that allow it to by used by the attacker for malicious purposes. Many rootkits can hook into the Windows 32-bit kernel, and patch several APIs to hide new registry keys and files they install. They can disable your anti-virus and security tools to prevent detection and removal. Remote attackers use backdoors as a means of accessing and taking control of a computer that bypasses security mechanisms. This type of exploit allows them to steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which is send back to the hacker. To learn more about these types of infections, you can refer to:What danger is presented by rootkits?Rootkits and how to combat themr00tkit Analysis: What Is A RootkitIf your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised and change each password using a clean computer, not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. If using a router, you need to reset it with a strong logon/password so the malware cannot gain control again. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the p... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228260/rundll93exe-error-cant-downloadinstall-anti-progs-redirectsetc/
Relevancy 53.75%

Maybe I'm not doing this the right way. This was a new install of Win 7, 64bit, and I have ~118 updates to install. I have been unchecking the few that I don't want, and then going away while the rest get downloaded and installed. They always download and install correctly, BUT-- the Windows Installer no longer works. I have tried the MS fixes on the internet, actually tried just about everything I saw, lol, but the only way I found to fix the installer is a System Restore back to before the updates were installed.

Anyone with a way out of this , please help

Relevancy 53.32%

From the following links my understanding is that in order to install EFI installer Does have Windows to boot EFI? to install 8 Windows with a GPT partition scheme Does installer have to boot EFI to install Windows 8 EFI? and EFI booting the install media has to boot in EFI during installation UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows How To Make UEFI Bootable USB Flash Does installer have to boot EFI to install Windows 8 EFI? Drive to Install Windows Next of Windows This seems to be because during installation GPT amp EFI vs MBR amp BIOS will be selected automatically by the installer based on how the Does installer have to boot EFI to install Windows 8 EFI? install media itself booted and there's no way to change this automatic choice Is this correct Is there a reason it must be this way It seems odd that the Windows installation media itself must boot in EFI in order to install Windows that will boot in EFI I don't see why it should matter how the install media itself boots If that's the way the installer was designed then that's just the way things are and it doesn't do much good to ask 'why' but I want to make sure my understanding is correct

A:Does installer have to boot EFI to install Windows 8 EFI?

Here is info about UEFI Boot Mode (installing using the GPT partition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (installing using the MBR partition style): link

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/58408-does-installer-have-boot-efi-install-windows-8-efi.html
Relevancy 53.32%

First time messenger be gentle Computer lag quot Window Installer preparing to install quot pop up Performed virus scan found one adware no virus logfile preparing ... to Windows Installer install below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec Windows Installer ... preparing to install LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe Windows Installer ... preparing to install C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Java Windows Installer ... preparing to install jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Print Server PTP PSDiagnostic exe C Program Files DynDNS Updater DynDNS exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Novosoft Handy Backup hbagent exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C WINDOWS System WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http tidesandcurrents noaa gov sta n Luis CA R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll file missing O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-installer-preparing-to-install-140040.html
Relevancy 53.32%

After booting up and loading the desktop, icons, etc., I get a window that says Windows Installer is installing something, then configuring something called "Photogallery". While this is going on, I get another window saying something about Norton not supporting the repair function and to uninstall and reinstall. If I go to Norton, though, there appears to be nothing wrong with it.

Does anyone know what the heck this is about? I've tried a couple different programs to get rid of junk and fix the registry, hoping that would get rid of whatever it was, but it hasn't.

A:Windows Installer tries to install after bootup

Have you tried running MSCONFIG?

If not run it and select the Startup tab and uncheck most everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-tries-to-install-after-bootup.397163/
Relevancy 53.32%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Installer Preparing Windows to Install Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card MB ATI Rage Ultra Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Windows Installer Preparing to Install Motherboard Dell Computer Corp Antivirus None Windows Installer quot Preparing to Install quot popup appears but only when I open and work with Microsoft Word No other MS apps are affected I m not having download problems I ve had a few programs that wouldn t install Windows Installer Preparing to Install but only for certain apps such as Avast antivirus This has been happening for a while now Have researched numerous webpages about this problem and have tried Windows Installer Preparing to Install a number of suggestions including running msicuu the windows installer cleanup utility I just downloaded msicuu again but now receive quot The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation quot when I try to install it Haven t been able to fix that issue either Can you please help What do you need me to tell you and or do Many thanks nbsp

A:Windows Installer Preparing to Install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-startup/fc01135b-bb59-412f-ada5-8d2ffeb2b8d3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-preparing-to-install.1069753/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have tried several times to install but when it comes to the loading bar, it remains still, still running but the bar does not move. I tried the fix using cmd with the registry but it is still not working

Currently runnning on Windows 7 64-bit Home Basic

Because of these I also can't upgrade using keys

A:I can't install anything that is related with msi or windows installer

Welcome to the forum
did you try CD Starup Repair?:

Startup Repair[2]=Performance Maintenance

OR the command prompt SFC /SCANNOW

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/223853-i-cant-install-anything-related-msi-windows-installer.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows Installer has been popping up each and every time I click on a link somewhere or an icon on my desk-top and anywhere I open a new program A bit of back ground I accidently erased adobe acorbat professional I did a system restore which returned the software but now I get this window installer pop up every time I open something I tried running the Windows Installer Cleanup install installer-preparing to windows Utility but it didn t help Also ran spybot and adware with no results Found that some people used Hijack this to find a bad key however being a NEWBIE I m chicken to erase anything The Event veiwer also shows adobe acorbat professional Install Failed along with PDFmakerforlE failed during request for component Any help windows installer-preparing to install would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system SysMonitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock Monitor LockMon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system BrmfBAgS exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Acer Empowering Technology eLock LockServ exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en ca acer yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ca rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http ca yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-preparing-to-install.804276/
Relevancy 53.32%

This is further to a thread that was expired in the spring of Windows installer launched incessantly on boot Left to itself nothing ever comes up to install or gets installed This began after removing a rootkit and a dozen puptracker malware instances from this machine Ran CCleaner sophos antirootkit and numerous other cleanup utilities and still have the problem Most recent thing I ran was MacAfee Removal Tool Macafee has not been on this machien in ages but I still have the problem Please any help very appreciated Jmi Here s my Hijack This report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at pop install installer preparing to windows ups PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot windows installer preparing to install pop ups mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Creative Input Devices MOUSE CTPoint exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CIDS CTStray exe C Program Files Creative Input Devices Keyboard CTType exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Documents and Settings Mary Lapadat Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http orangecounty cox net cci home R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - URLSearchHook no name - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AVG Do Not Track - EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA - C Program Files AVG AVG avgdtiex dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HK... Read more

A:windows installer preparing to install pop ups

Opening add/remove programs seems to prompt the Windows Installer popup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-preparing-to-install-pop-ups.1065732/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently purchased software that requires that various Microsoft components be installed, including Microsoft Installer (MSI) version 4.5. I have tried to download the MSI 4.5 (WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe file) from Microsoft website but it will not install and leaves me with my current MSI version 3.1. During install of MSI 4.5 I get an "access denied" error, then computer undoes the changes and restarts leaving me with the MSI 3.1.

What would cause my system to not allow for the MSI 4.5 version to replace the 3.1, This is leaving me unable to install my recent software purchase.

I have Windows XP SP3/32 bit.
Thank you for your courtesies in helping me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-4-5-will-not-install-over-version-3-1.1002915/
Relevancy 53.32%

I was having problems installing Adobe Reader 9.2 (had previous version[s]) so I downloaded the Windows Installer Clean Up Setup (was supposed to take care of the problem). I can't even it install it itself though! Any idears? Using 64-bit Home Vista if makes a difference.

P.S. I can't even quit the WICUS installer to boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-even-install-windows-installer-clean-up-424151.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok Ive had this problem for about 2 weeks now.
Hardly anything will install without crashing. Im downloading what should be the correct installers of many things like java, shockwave and a lot more applications and they all crash within the first few stages within the installer and I get the error report thing. Same with AIM... It messes up 90% of the time I open it but it managed to install. MSN wont install either.
BUT ironicly. Every single VST and VSTi (theyre just plugins for music creation software... .ddls) Ive installed work - same with all my music apps.

One thing I tried was reinstalling windows installer. No luck - it did install but everything still messes up.

Im running XP SP2 on this machine simply because everything should work on it. Its the Professional 2002 version. I have 2GB of ram and a Q6600 quad core(this may be causing the problem, I dunno)

Thanks