Windows Support Forum

BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

Q: BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

Hi This problem started in Flight Simulator but now its random I have run memtest twice for four hours each all is fine I have a Western Digital HD and ran their diagnostic tool for it from their site I have reset the RAM after cleaning it also I dust out the machine regularly I checked the voltage in the BIOS and the and all fall in range BUT I also have CPUID HWMonitor and that shows different voltage readings way below what ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c by address BSOD error 0x00000124, random, caused they should be ex V - V WAY off I don't know if that is correct or the reading in the BIOS itself The last reboot was when I was in Flight Simulator I ran it in window mode with BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c GPUID running so I could monitor the temperature When it rebooted the last temp I saw was C which is hardly overheating BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c I believe All of the last or so reboots show caused by BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c address ntoskrnl exe adb c I'm leaning towards the power supply but the different readings are confusing so I'm asking for advice Thanks in advance Dutch

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

I have a DM Log Collector dump file, which I tried to upload with this, but it was too big.  I could post anything from it if needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538177/bsod-random-error-0x00000124-caused-by-address-ntoskrnlexe4adb3c/
Relevancy 149.73%

Hi This problem started in Flight Simulator but now its random I have run memtest twice for four hours caused 0x00000124, address by random, BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c error each all is fine I have a Western Digital HD and ran their diagnostic tool for it from their site I have reset the RAM after cleaning it also I dust out the machine regularly I checked the voltage in the BIOS and the and all fall in range BUT I also have CPUID HWMonitor and that shows different voltage readings way below what they should be ex V - V WAY off I don't know BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c if that is correct or the reading in the BIOS itself The last reboot was when I was in Flight Simulator I ran it BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c in window mode with GPUID running so I could monitor the temperature When it rebooted the last temp I saw was C which is hardly overheating I believe All of the last or so reboots show quot caused by address ntoskrnl exe adb c quot I'm leaning towards the power supply but the different readings are confusing Thanks in advance Dutch

A:BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

Sorry, forgot to attach the dm log collector info. Here it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335087-bsod-random-error-0x00000124-caused-address-ntoskrnl-exe-4adb3c.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I keep getting a random BSOD, I get it a lot in Lightroom 3 but have gotten the same error doing nothing.

*** STOP: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xfffffa80053d5028, 0x00000000b2000040,
0x0000000000000800)
*** hal.dll - Address 0xfffff80002c15a3b base at 0xfffff80002c03000 DateStamp
0x4ce7c669

Minidump is attached

A:BSOD random error 0x00000124, hal.dll at address ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Windows 7
4 GB ram
Intel Q9450
Gigabit MB
Raptor HD

Full data is now attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201400-bsod-random-error-0x00000124-hal-dll-address-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 88.35%

Hello Bleepingcomputers,

my username is FallenMonk and i would like you to help me,

because this is my first post in this forum i would like to apologize if this post has not enough

information about my problem and i would like to apologize for my bad english!

so the BSOD happens like that:

1.Start skyrim
2.Play for 1 hour roughly
3.Blackscreen while Computer is loudly working
4.Restart Computer
5.Repeat :X

I dont know what is causing this and i would like you to explain to me how i can help you 

help me solve this problem quickly 

i appreciate future help.

Sincerely your FallenMonk.

A:BSOD while playing skyrim caused by ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540534/bsod-while-playing-skyrim-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe4adb3c/
Relevancy 87.42%

Randomly happens, sometimes in a game, sometimes when browsing, sometimes when RDP'ed in, sometimes when unattended. No repro steps yet, just be patient and it will happen. Sometimes when it blue screens, it takes the whole network down spamming the switches and router with packets.

A:Random BSODs, error 0x00000124, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289877-random-bsods-error-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi Everybody and thank you in advance for reading my problem Here s my small build in a Silverstone SG BB-LITE Dtx mITX SFF Case MOBO Gigabyte Z N-WIFI PSU Silverstone SFX Series W V PLUS Gold CPU i k GHz turbo boost to GHz GPU XFX R X Douple Dissipation RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X F - Random +4adb3c BLACK BSOD, SCREEN, ntoskrnl.exe then CL D- GBXL GB X GB DDR - Random BSOD, then BLACK SCREEN, ntoskrnl.exe +4adb3c COOLING Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H DRIVES ADATA SX GB SSD WD Green WD NPVX TB HDD OS Windows Professional I get seemingly random BSOD I m not around when they happen but I know they happen because I find the minidump files The computer either then goes to black blank screen or reboots to one I m not sure which The power light is on but the drive activity light is off completely When I restart and check the minidump file it ALWAYS points to a Code error with the driver being NTOSKRNL EXE adb c The only thing I can find in the event viewer is that there are four Code WHEA-logger entries indicating a Machine Check Exception source processor code ids and these occur after restart not before the crash I can go - days without a BSOD or have a day like yesterday where I got three BSODs The machine could be idle when this happens but sometimes I leave several things open Firefox windows explorer VLC running HWMonitor etc the problem is impossible to reproduce Things I ve already tried done The video card has been swapped out twice so I m sure it s not the video card I ve stress tested the CPU GPU RAM and PSU several times and with different programs so I m sure it s not any of those Temperatures never go too insane and I have never had a BSOD during a stress test Programs used include MEMTEST OCCT Prime and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility The motherboard is rated for RAM at but can overclock with XMP to much higher so I used the XMP to set the RAM speed to although I recently lowered it to to see if that helps and will keep you updated I ve kept an eye on temperatures CPU temps are always in the - C range GPU is in the - degree C range Northbridge appears to be in the - C range If I jack up the fan speed to full I can get this to the - C range Drives are - In short this is not an overheating problem from what I can tell Intel Turbo Boost was enabled in the BIOS but the frequency was showing up as GHz in BIOS and during stress tests which is odd since with cores active it s supposed to top out at Ghz per core I disabled Turbo Boost computer ran for days with no problem so I enabled it again along with EIST and the CPU did show up in BIOS and stress tests as topping out at GHz This in itself seems strange to me but maybe the EIST did this I got a BSOD the next day disabled Turbo Boost and EIST and got two more BSODs I ve run chkdsk scandsk on both drives no problems That s about all I can think of for now I can provide the minidump files or info from them if needed As you can see I ve tried a lot of different things and I m starting to get to the point where I want to throw this thing against a wall so anything you can do to help me regain my sanity would be extremely appreciated Cheers TNP nbsp

Relevancy 110.08%

Generous experts,

I am getting somewhat random, though more often on "wake-up" BSOD. It seems that it may be related to the cpu, as the event view states:
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.I am moderately tech savvy, but this is beyond my skill level. I have searched this forum and web for a solution, and did not find any that were quite close enough - at least by my viewing.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Thank you!

A:BSOD on wake-up error 0x00000124, driver hal.dll, address ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80078c6028, bf800000, 124}
You are having 0x124 bugchecks which indicate a fatal hardware error has occurred.

Code:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa80078c6028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80078c6028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cf84f0d193612a
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 6/10/2014 21:15:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80078c60a8
Section @ fffffa80078c6180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000002

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa80078c60f0
Section @ fffffa80078c6240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000002
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 02 - bf fb da 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa80078c6240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa80078c6138
Section @ fffffa80078c62c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 1)
Address : 0x000000021b887200
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086
The Machine Check Exception indicates that the CPU has found a fault with the a piece of hardware and has bugchecked. We cannot really identify the cause without proper troubleshooting stress tests.

The 2nd parameter is the address that contains the WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) record.
Its a Level 0 cache write error.

There's only so much we can do until it comes down to a faulty processor, lets begin.

Stress test your CPU with Prime95

I recommend running Prime95 for around 2 hours

Warning

As with most stress tests your component's temperature will rapidly increase.
It is advised that you download a temperature monitoring program like HWmonitor
Keep an eye on your temperatures and stop the tests if it starts to overheat

Stress test your graphics card with Furmark

I recommend running it for around 30 minutes

Warning

Furmark will increase the temperature of your GPU rapidly so keep and eye on your temperatures

Memtest86 will test your RAM

Information

Run Memtest86 for at least 8 passes so we get enough information to confirm that your RAM isn't failing

Run a Disk Check to scan for errors

Note

Afterwards go into an Elevated Command Prompt (Run as administrator) and type in sfc /scannow
If it finds errors reboot and run the scan two more times

Run SeaTools to see if your HDD or SSD is failing

Try removing the CMOS battery then putting it back in to clear the BIOS of any improper settings.
Make sure you keep an eye on the temperatures.

Remove these programs...

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite 3 Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334345-bsod-wake-up-error-0x00000124-driver-hal-dll-address-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 108.79%

hello Did my first build Moved over the ssd and hdd's to new build all seemed well and good as I install all drivers from gigabyte disk pc seem to 0x00000124. Address playing ntoskrnl.exe+7f140 BSOD Error Company. Bad run BSOD playing Bad Company. Error 0x00000124. Address ntoskrnl.exe+7f140 fine until I play an online game I like battlefield bad company played it a TON on old rig and never ever had a BSOD no after about to minutes of play its happened every single time I try to play not sure what all more info you need but I will provide any info I can just ask I run win ultimate and ubuntu WUBI install I made a backup with acronis true image w plus pack via a boot cd with plus pack placed that backup onto a brand new ssd I bought a second ocz vertex thinking of doing a raid setup but decide against it do to loss of TRIM and it was odd as one os either ubuntu or win would boot and work with networking but not both the two ssd's are the same so i simply unplug the new one and plugged in the old one into the new build and every thing both os with networking work fine UNTILL I try to play bc I have added a second gtx in SLI using the way SLI connnector as the spacing of the x slots on the mobo I greatly appreciate your help with this issue not sure if I can replace the ntoskrnl exe or whatever else it may be I have read the guide to posting here and believe I have followed it if I did something wrong please bear with me and I will do it properly again I greatly appreciate your helping me correct my issues thanks and good day

A:BSOD playing Bad Company. Error 0x00000124. Address ntoskrnl.exe+7f140

Welcome to SF

WOW, 32 GB of ram is allot what are you going to do with all that?
Anyway, your dumps point toward defective/corrupted memory.

No need to test with memtest86+ right away, I would suggest you to manually
test each stick on different slots of your computer to identify the bad one.

For more information on your bug check go through the guide below:
→ Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255737-bsod-playing-bad-company-error-0x00000124-address-ntoskrnl-exe-7f140.html
Relevancy 105.35%

For the past 3 weeks, I have been receiving blue screens serval times.

Each time, the caused of the error reports has been "Wdf01000.sys" and address at ntoskrnl.exe+74a90.

I've attached 3 dmp files to this post.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

A:BSOD , error 0x1000007e, caused by Wdf01000.sys, address ntoskrnl.exe

Hello and welcome to Sevenforums.

For whatever reason I wasn't able to open your dumps. This can be caused by the BSOD, not obtaining the rest of the files and information needed to complete the dump.
Just to be sure, see if your minidump configuration is intact with the one below.

Quote:
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Press Start, in the Search Box type: "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes), press Enter.
* Select the Advanced tab, click on Startup and Recovery Settings.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information headline select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box.
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK till you're out of the dialogue.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

Also please provide a full report of your crash. Different files are missing from your zip file. This includes a nfo, driver lists, system report etc. To get these files, use our thread below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246228-bsod-error-0x1000007e-caused-wdf01000-sys-address-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I've cleaned my computer with an air compressor within the last week and I have no overclocking. CPU temps are on idle at around 30C and I've never seen GPU temps above 60C when I run World of Warcraft.

But I still get BSOD 0x00000124 sometimes...

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 104.06%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello, I have been having a BSOD problem for a while now and i have figured out it is caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This BSOD has been going on since April when I built my PC. I have already completely replaced my RAM, done a full virus scan, and checked to make sure there are no overclocks on any hardware. It usually happens when gaming, but sometimes it will happen randomly (like when web browsing and other applications). Please help.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383758-bsod-stop-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi guys Having BSOD issues I thought initially it was scaned from hardware issue maybe loose connectors but my build is less than days old and i've reseated all parts about days ago It didnt BSOD for days but today it BSOD while browsing the internet the next - attached dump ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 0x00000124 caused by - BSOD was when trying to hardware scan device manager so I know it must be caused from some files inside my OS and not hardware BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached It has happened in gaming before I've attached the dump file but theres a lot of dumps becuase of BSOD i've had so far caused by ntoskrnl exe I will be trying driver sweeper to remove graphic card drivers then reinstalling them maybe that will help Looking forward to any expert help on this matter thank you I think most recent dump file is - - dmp All temps are fine CPU hasnt gone above c when playing games I've been monitoring with HW monitor I did overclock once but it wasnt BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached sustainable so I reset to stock a while BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached back so I'm NOT OC'd now

A:BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached

Hi Saltychip.

We nave noticed that sometimes the absence of Service Pack 1 causes stop 0x124 BSODs (though it is basically a hardware related BSOD).

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

If it continues to BSOD in the same way even after installing the Service Pack 1, we will go for further troubleshooting.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008c13788, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312673-bsod-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-dump-attached.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi guys Having BSOD issues I thought initially it was scaned from hardware issue maybe loose connectors but my build is less than days old and i've reseated all parts about days ago It didnt BSOD for days but today it BSOD while browsing the internet the next BSOD was when trying to hardware scan device dump attached ntoskrnl.exe - BSOD caused 0x00000124 - by manager so I know it must be caused from some files inside my OS and not hardware I've attached the dump file but theres a lot of dumps becuase of BSOD i've had so far BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached caused by ntoskrnl exe I will be trying driver sweeper to remove graphic card drivers then reinstalling them maybe that will help Looking forward to any expert help on this matter thank you I think most recent dump file is - - dmp All temps are fine CPU hasnt gone above c when playing games I've been monitoring with HW monitor I did overclock once but it wasnt sustainable so I reset to stock a while back so I'm NOT OC'd now

A:BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached

Hi

Please update your thread with a "Speccy" snapshot.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - Internet Applications Mini-Guides

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36037-bsod-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-dump-attached.html
Relevancy 101.48%

My computer crashed every time I run experiment(NI equipment connects to the computer). My experiment needs to run two or three days, but every twelve hours it got crash(shut down automatically). The max work hour I got is 15 hours.

When I reboot the computer, I got the following information:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800FAD58F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020914-89029-01.dmp
C:\Users\BIT Lab\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-145174-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My computer information:

Attachment 305907

and the SF files.
Attachment 305906

Anyone can give a clue? how to fix this?

A:BSOD bugcheck code 0x00000124 Caused By Driver ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome
BC 124 is not a driver or any other software. It is a hardware problem. You may want to start by checking your memory and hard drive for starters.
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321706-bsod-bugcheck-code-0x00000124-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello,
My mother's laptop has received two BSODs with the following errors:

0x000000ef & 0x0000009f
I'd like help to resolve this issue.
The DMP archive is attached.

Nathan

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66431-bsod-random-error-0x000000ef-0x0000009f-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hello,

I constantly have BSOD's... when i watch the movie (avi, mkv) in any player (GOM, MPC-HC, Splash Pro...) and when i browsing internet (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, IE9).

I reinstalled Windows twice, even buy PCI network adapter, still same problem...
Already ran Memtest (6 passes 0 errors) and few of this dump files are when i ran Driver Verifier.

And yes, this problem started when i installed Service Pack 1, i don't know is that relevant..

My specs:
Asrock A770DE+
4 GB DDR2 Kingmax
MSI GTX460 Hawk
AMD Phenom ll X4 B50
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Microsoft Security Essentials

Everything is in attachment.
Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

A:Random BSOD's, error 0x0000001e, 0a, caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Quote: Originally Posted by zvone07

Hello,

I constantly have BSOD's... when i watch the movie (avi, mkv) in any player (GOM, MPC-HC, Splash Pro...) and when i browsing internet (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, IE9).

I reinstalled Windows twice, even buy PCI network adapter, still same problem...
Already ran Memtest (6 passes 0 errors) and few of this dump files are when i ran Driver Verifier.

And yes, this problem started when i installed Service Pack 1, i don't know is that relevant..

My specs:
Asrock A770DE+
4 GB DDR2 Kingmax
MSI GTX460 Hawk
AMD Phenom ll X4 B50
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Microsoft Security Essentials

Everything is in attachment.
Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

8 different causes most pointing to hardware. If you are overclocking stop.

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194859-random-bsods-error-0x0000001e-0a-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello When I first started to encounter BSOD issues I was originally getting event id Machine check exception Translation Lookaside Buffer errors which I assumed was an issue with my CPU I contacted Intel and they stated to me that Windows was not correctly dumping the Bug ntoskrnl.exe ID driver caused BSOD 1001 Check 0x00000124 by Event right information which is why it states the event id BSOD Event ID 1001 Bug Check 0x00000124 caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver error They stated that it may be an issue with the motherboard or memory I have ran Memtest for passes and errors were discovered I have also done this with - memory sticks installed on the motherboard I was able to run Prime overnight multiple times with memory sticks installed and the only time it BSOD'd was with module and this only happened once The next day I ran Prime on the one module and it didn't BSOD The BSOD's are intermitten and happen more often when I am playing games I have encountered the same BSOD when checking email downloading files from the internet and even when the CPU is idling at with absolutely nothing running at all The Blue ScreenView indicates the exact same parameters and that they are being reported from the ntoskrnl exe driver In the past the most common driver that reported the BSOD's was the hal dll driver I have swapped my graphics card network card memory modules and I am still getting BSOD's These parts I have tested on another computer and they work correctly I have reinstalled the OS times over the last year I am currently in contact with ASUS to see if the issue resides on the motherboard which is the only thing I haven't been able to swap including the processor I have ran Memtest and Prime Sisandra Lite Linx IPDTx as well as many other diagnostics benchmarking tools with passing results There are no specific times that this occurs and it can happen at any moment Any help in understanding what my issue is would be appreciated When the system works fine I am very happy and it performs flawlessly I hope that maybe I am having a driver or hardware issue and it is a simple fix I have posted additional information you requested below including the attached zip file named 'skopischke BSOD zip' Is Windows - x -bit or x x - the original installed OS on the system Windows Professional x - an OEM or full retail version OEM came pre-installed on system - What is the age of system hardware Purchased in February of - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS Reinstalled OS times last reinstall was December

A:BSOD Event ID 1001 Bug Check 0x00000124 caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver

0x124 is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP.
Return to the default settings at least for now.

If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208569-bsod-event-id-1001-bug-check-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-driver.html
Relevancy 95.03%

i keep getting BSOD when playing game new graphics i dont know where to start when its comes to BSOD stuff

110414-10576-01.dmp 11/4/2014 10:48:39 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0af318f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc C:\Windows\Minidump\110414-10576-01.dmp 6 15 7600 262,144 11/4/2014 10:48:41 PM is some info i dont know what else yall need

A:0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc BSOD Error runninganygame

Please Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351242-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-4a63cc-bsod-error-runninganygame.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I have had a new system built, Had it for almost 2 weeks and been getting the BSOD at least 2x a day. Ihave been browsing the web and had it happen, been playing online games and have it happen. Have even come home after work to find that the computer crashed and had to be restarted because of it. Dont know what to do. Can you help me?
Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD : Caused by address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Hello,

Quote:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 Public

This program, Advanced SystemCare, is known to cause problems with windows. It modifies the registry, and could cause even more errors. Please uninstall. Since this comes with an anti-virus, i suggest using Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows in place.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Daemon Tools are also know to cause problems with windows. Please uninstall also.

Quote:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

This shows memory corruption, so try running a RAM - Test with Memtest86+ to make sure the RAM isn't bad.

Code:
ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 2 03:38:22 2008 (486B3E7E)
Drivers before 2009 are known to cause problems aswell. Please update: Creative Worldwide Support

After all is done please post back results.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243938-bsod-caused-address-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I'm having this BSOD since months ago and I can't find a good solution Sometimes I can use my computer for over 0x00000124 8.1 Windows ntoskrnl.exe BC Random Code BSOD a month with no issues playing everyday for hours browsing the web etc But sometimes like today I get BSOD's on the same day playing for example Final Fantasy XIV ARR I tried Random BSOD BC Code 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe Windows 8.1 many things before like Memtest Cpu test etc and I can't understand if my Hardware is the problem or some driver I also have an after market Cpu Cooler so my temps are fine and my case has really good ventilation I uploaded this dumps a few days ago after I used Driver Veryfier I got a C BC Code error on those Minidumps and the problem was nroskrnl exe Only with Driver Veryfier I'm able to reproduce this BSOD is always random when I'm just using my computer I uploaded those dumps here https mega co nz F NlwYbT eaXDPO NYw z Mxt S Y I uploaded my latest dumps on this post using the SF Diagnostics Tool any advice would be much appreciated Edit with my specs Computer typePC DesktopComputer Manufacturer Model NumberCustom Build OSWindows bit CPUi k stock MotherboardGigabyte Z -D HP MemoryKingston HyperX GB DD Graphics Card s GTX GB Gigabyte Hard DrivesSeagate Barracuda RPM MB

A:Random BSOD BC Code 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe Windows 8.1

Uploaded my latest BSOD.. any advice will be much apreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47745-random-bsod-bc-code-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Been getting infrequent BSOD errors on my Windows 10 PC (Home edition).

I had a look on BlueScreenView, seems like a lot of the bugcheck BSOD is ntoskrnl related but I can't work out if it's hardware related or some bad driver somewhere.
The computer is 9 months old, custom built gaming PC.Temperatures are low <60C at load, <30C at idle (waterblock cooling on CPU)System is stable when gaming, a lot of the BSOD is happening at idle. (I leave my PC running all the time)The OS was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in late 2015.System felt more stable under Windows 8.1, not really experienced many BSOD under Win8.1I have tested the memory with 10 successful passes (12 hrs).Have run DirectX diagnostics and cyclic Heaven/Valley benchmarks - no crash.

A:Random BSOD (Windows 10) ntoskrnl/0x00000124 bugcheck

Sorry, zip file attached with the diagnostics from DM Log Collector

UNSC-CORTANA-Thu_04_28_2016_180201_69.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48609-random-bsod-windows-10-ntoskrnl-0x00000124-bugcheck.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello sevenforums.
My PC has always given me trouble in the past by randomly restarting and getting BSODed. I used to "live with it" but over last 2-3 months it has gotten out of hand. My PC restarts at least 2-3 times per day. I always get 0x124 bug check code and so tested the processor with prime95 (for 2-3 hours) and ram with memtest86+(3 passes) but got clean results. I've attached the latest 10 minidumps. I'm at my wits end and REALLY dont want to reinstall windows! :O
Thanks in advance.
Edit: It does not even show a bsod but directly reboots.

A:Random frequent BSOD 0x124 / 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe?

Minidumps attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273895-random-frequent-bsod-0x124-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi Everyone,

I've found this forum through Google and hope you are able to provide me with some assistance, I'm trying to repair my mothers laptop however struggling as I am doing this remotely from University. She has been complaining about a BSOD message displaying intermittently during everyday use, she only uses the laptop for e-mails and internet. - No gaming whatsoever.

I have extracted the minidump information as well as the details from the DM Log Collector, I believe the issue is caused by "hal.dll" can anyone provide me with assistance with this issue as I'm not familiar with fixing these sorts of issues.

I have filled in my system information within my profile for the corresponding laptop also if this is needed.

Many thanks in advance,

iJ.

A:BSOD, Caused by hal.dll, error 0x00000124

InsaneJokerr, welcome to the forums. I will see if I can help you. I need you to run the BSOD Posting Instructions again http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html again and post them here. All of the files are not there. The ones that were there list

Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8005e8a038, b6000000, 10015}
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8005e8a038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b6000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010015, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

A Stop Code of 0X124 is a generic Hardware error. It simply means some piece of hardware is failing or has failed. It provides little information as to what piece it is. Or it can also be a driver bad enough to cause the hardware to act in unexpected ways.

One thing I did notice was that almost every dump file I looked at listed Chrome as the process that was running. I would suggest you do a couple of things. Make sure She is running an updated version of Chrome and not a BETA Version. I would suggest installing the newest stable version.

Also, put monitoring software on the Laptop that will monitor both the CPU and GPU Temps. Also update all the drivers from the manufacturer's web site.

Please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Lewt us know how those tests come out and if you notice any improvements after doing the above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369398-bsod-caused-hal-dll-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I built a new computer a few months ago and I have recently been getting random hangs/freezes on my computer where nothing responds and I have to turn power off/on again. I did a fresh install of windows to try and sort things out but now i've been getting random BSOD instead. There's no pattern to them and they could happen at any point.

BlueScreenView says from the dmp's that the driver causing it is ntoskrnl.exe which seems to have many possible hardware/driver causes.

I ran memtest for 13 hours and that came back with 0 errors so I don't think its my RAM.

If anyone could look at my dmps to try and give me more of a clue of whats causing this problem I would be very grateful

Relevancy 91.16%

Hello guys. For some reason I get these random BSODs on this computer. I viewed dmp files in BluescreenView and it showed me that ntoskrnl.exe is causing the crash.
I have reinstalled windows already (win7x64 ultimate), same thing happens randomly.

First attachment is dmp files
Second is the report

Asus p7p55d
i7
8gb ram ocz
1tb hd
pny nvidia quatro 1800
dlink n150 wireless pci adapter
Could you please look at them and tell me which path should I go about fixing this?
Thank you.

A:Random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Seems like a hardware problem, test your RAM

Update the Nvidia drivers
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Information
If your still get BSODs run Driver Verifier and upload any dumps which are then created
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Note: Your computer may not be functional in Normal Mode if faulting drivers are detected during this phase, you may need to use Safemode with Networking.

Code:
nvlddmkm.sys fffff880`04886000 fffff880`0534e100 0x00ac8100 0x4aebce68 31/10/2009 09:43:04

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002acc8b0, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800aa32f90, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c
fffff800`02acc8b0 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx]

CONTEXT: fffff8800aa32f90 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800aa32f90)
rax=0000000000000011 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffff8800aa33ac8 rsi=fffffa8009b5e5a8 rdi=fffffa800978a660
rip=fffff80002acc8b0 rsp=fffff8800aa33970 rbp=0000000000000001
r8=000000000de56000 r9=fffffa8009b5e210 r10=0000000000000000
r11=0000000000000030 r12=0000000000000011 r13=fffff6800006f2a8
r14=fffff8800aa33ac0 r15=000000000de55000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010282
nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+0x1c:
fffff800`02acc8b0 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx] ds:002b:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80002acc8b0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0aa33970 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+0x1c
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c
fffff800`02acc8b0 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bc600

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800aa32f90 ; kb

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!MiCaptureProtectionFromProto+1c

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192314-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi Last year I bought a new computer desktop pc which I build myself and ever since then I have had random occurrences of BSOD Sometimes it take - weeks before it happens and some times it can occur several times in one week I have done some memory graphics and cpu tests caused probably ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Random by without succeeding Random BSOD probably caused by ntoskrnl.exe to reproduce BSOD myself I have also used Windows verifier to check the drivers and they do produce BSOD but these differs from the regular ones that occurs randomly this I have noticed with the Windows program WhoCrashed According to WhoCrashed those random BSOD has something to do with ntoskrnl exe Here is the output from an analyse from Whocrashed of one of my dumpfiles On Tue - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x Bugcheck code x xFFFFF FC D x xFFFFF F x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System Random BSOD probably caused by ntoskrnl.exe company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time What causes this Is it a hardware fault or some driver issue If it's some software issue how do you repair it The dumpfile to the above message is attached in this thread Best regards Tomas

A:Random BSOD probably caused by ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385081-random-bsod-probably-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello guys, for one more times i have a problem with Blue Screens. FFS i have made 2 more topics before some time but the problems still occur. @Arc helped me out but i still have problems dont know what to do. Need a permanent solution. I got some dumps manually because my system deleted any file that is in the Minidump folder.
Please help me out!!
Notice: Check my dumps too !! (Couldn't upload it here) https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p83p0xyey2rq51/More%20Dumps%20by%20ME.zip

A:Random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other...

Hi PadeLee.

I worked two times with your BSOD issues earlier.
During last October, it was ESTE that caused the BSOD.
During last December, It was MotionInJoy.
So the issues are always different, and not any continuation to each other. Unfortunately we cannot predict which software/driver will bug out and when.

Same this time. Now it is Microsoft LifeCam.

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800a708060, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800a6dc010}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VX1000.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VX1000.sys
Probably caused by : VX1000.sys

---------
Which is very old.

Code:
fffff880`07e02000 fffff880`07ffc000 VX1000 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: VX1000.sys
Image path: VX1000.sys
Image name: VX1000.sys
Timestamp: Tue Apr 28 07:25:28 2009 (49F66210)
CheckSum: 001FB42B
ImageSize: 001FA000
Search for possible updates in Software Downloads: LifeCam VX-1000

Also, as it appears to be a custom built (on Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 motherboard), Disable hibernate.

Let us know the results.

Edit: If you want a permanent solution, do it, following every step properly:
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324315-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-other.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi, i'm receiving random BSOD's for a long time. I want to fix it but i don't know much about it, so sorry if it isn't the good information. According to BlueScreenView, it's mostly the ntoskrnl.exe, but there are also messages about AsrOcDrv.sys, nvlddmkm.exe and ntfs.exe. I just did wat the BSOD posting guide said so hopefully it's enough.

A:Random BSOD's, Mostly caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Msinfo32:

Quote:
please go to start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press enter> save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308555-random-bsods-mostly-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi all,

The past month the laptop of a friend of my gives BSOD and he asked me for help.

His laptop systems specs are:

Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
HP EliteBook 8760w
Intel i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30 ghz (8 CPU's)
Memory 16 gb

The BSOD appear random. Can anybody see something strange in the logs in the attachment.

Thank you all for looking at this thread.

A:Laptop random BSOD Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe

Out of the 3 crashdumps you provided, 2 show crashes that look like his video card drivers were involved. The drivers do look fairly old (August 24 2011) so make sure that he keeps em up to date. Other than that, I can say the crashdumps aren't sufficient enough to find exact cause right now.

Before I continue, I want to add that it's probably ill-advisable for him to seek assistance fixing a company laptop by a 'friend', and moreso when that friend is posting details of it to a public forum. Granted, there isn't anything entirely compromising of security from the JCGriff Report, but it doesn't matter. If it's company property, it should be best left to the company's IT department to resolve the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228528-laptop-random-bsod-probably-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello everyone I'm having this random BSOD that seems to be caused by ntoskrnl exe according to WhoCrashed Repetitive by random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe caused It occurred three times just while I'm trying to post this thread I can't identify a specific event that triggers this BSOD It happens while browsing the net watching videos playing games even while editing this post to mention this info System Information computer name MSI windows version Windows build windows dir C WINDOWS Hardware GT OC OD Micro-Star International Co Ltd MS- CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free last two reports by WhoCrashed On Fri AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x FA Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF B A xFFFFD B D x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe Repetitive random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be Repetitive random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe identified at this time On Fri AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably Repetitive random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x FA Bugcheck code x x xFFFFD CCFB xFFFFD CCF x Error KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE file path C WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time Thank you - Dark

A:Repetitive random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

A few dumpfiles blames Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiDeliverApc+166 )

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800784b9a81, ffffd00024b91d20, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiDeliverApc+166 )
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff800784b9a81, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd00024b91d20, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - De instructie op 0x%08lx verwijst naar geheugen op 0x%08lx. Een lees- of schrijfbewerking op het geheugen is mislukt: %s.
FAULTING_IP:
nt!IopCompleteRequest+221
fffff800`784b9a81 000f add byte ptr [rdi],cl
CONTEXT: ffffd00024b91d20 -- (.cxr 0xffffd00024b91d20;r)
rax=0000000000060040 rbx=ffffe0007a5d1ca0 rcx=ffffe0007a377160
rdx=00000000820f08e0 rsi=ffffe00088835340 rdi=000000000000000f
rip=fffff800784b9a81 rsp=ffffd00024b92750 rbp=ffffd00024b928a8
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000020206f49 r10=ffffe0007a3b3080
r11=ffffe000880470a0 r12=fffff80078702180 r13=ffffe0007a3b3080
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010202
nt!IopCompleteRequest+0x221:
fffff800`784b9a81 000f add byte ptr [rdi],cl ds:002b:00000000`0000000f=??
Last set context:
rax=0000000000060040 rbx=ffffe0007a5d1ca0 rcx=ffffe0007a377160
rdx=00000000820f08e0 rsi=ffffe00088835340 rdi=000000000000000f
rip=fffff800784b9a81 rsp=ffffd00024b92750 rbp=ffffd00024b928a8
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000020206f49 r10=ffffe0007a3b3080
r11=ffffe000880470a0 r12=fffff80078702180 r13=ffffe0007a3b3080
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010202
nt!IopCompleteRequest+0x221:
fffff800`784b9a81 000f add byte ptr [rdi],cl ds:002b:00000000`0000000f=??
Resetting default scope
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: Steam.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 1
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre
IRP_ADDRESS: ffffffffffffff88
MISALIGNED_IP:
nt!IopCompleteRequest+221
fffff800`784b9a81 000f add byte ptr [rdi],cl
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80078474416 to fffff800784b9a81
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`24b92750 fffff800`78474416 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffff800`78818930 : nt!IopCompleteRequest+0x221
ffffd000`24b92860 fffff800`78472eaa : 00000000`00000100 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDeliverApc+0x166
ffffd000`24b928e0 fffff800`78472779 : ffffe000`7a3b3080 81cf8c73`d3460ea4 7fffffff`ffffffff ffffe000`880470c0 : nt!KiSwapThread+0x2da
ffffd000`24b92980 fffff800`78482dfa : ffffd000`24b92aa8 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`00000018 fffff800`788191c6... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48407-repetitive-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,

This is my 1st time installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my new rig. While i was using my pc normally, not gaming, it just crashed and went into blue screen. Twice.
First error was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and the second error was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
And so, i tried using BlueScreenView to open the .dmp files and both of the .dmp files are caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

My rig's spec:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
Intel Core i5 2500
Asus P8P67 LE
Mushkin 4GB DDR3 x 2
500GB WD HDD
Nvidia 9800GT

I've attached the .dmp files. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks!

A:Random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Quote: Originally Posted by getxposed

Hello,

This is my 1st time installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my new rig. While i was using my pc normally, not gaming, it just crashed and went into blue screen. Twice.
First error was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and the second error was IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
And so, i tried using BlueScreenView to open the .dmp files and both of the .dmp files are caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

My rig's spec:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
Intel Core i5 2500
Asus P8P67 LE
Mushkin 4GB DDR3 x 2
500GB WD HDD
Nvidia 9800GT

I've attached the .dmp files. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Easy your Kaspersky. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

http://support.kaspersky.com/downloa...vremover10.zip

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194614-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there,
I seem to be having random bsod crashes. I 've already checked for hardware faults like overheating or sudden voltage shift and it's none of it. I 've also run memory and hdd diagnostics and they seem to be ok too, so it has to be some software/driver bug. I 've run WhoCrashed and it points out ntoskrnl.exe as the main culprit (which is really wierd) or some 3rd party driver which runs in kernel mode.
So, I attach my crash reports.
My specs:
? OS: Windows 7 x64
? Windows XP 32-bit was installed before that (had bsods from back then)
? No OEM (I built the system and installed the OS).
? Age of system: 2 years
? Age of OS installation: 1 month
? CPU: Intel Core2Duo 3.0 GHz
? Video Card: Ati 4850
? MotherBoard: Asus P5QC
? Power Supply: Chieftec 650W
Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] random bsod (caused by ntoskrnl.exe?)

I used the DriverVerifier and as suggested in the instructions I got a BSOD in startup indicating the faulty driver. It was some Asus Motherboard drivers (asacpi.sys and asio.sys) which are related to a component called ATK0110. I uninstalled it from the Device Manager and the next startup was all fine. I ll wait a few days, to make sure if this was the case and I 'll inform you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-random-bsod-caused-by-ntoskrnl-exe-538628.html
Relevancy 89.87%

For a couple of months i got this BSOD happening randomly,it can sometimes all be fine for a week but it happen again.Most of the time i watch some video or movie on internet,just surfing(random).Maybe it has some connection with this issue that i have,which i mention in this forum thread:
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-...sometimes.html
Short story,glitch pixels that looks like this as BSOD it happens sometimes.

Here is a txt file with recent dumps recorded with bluescreenviewer.
Any ideas,thank you.

A:Random BSOD caused ntoskrnl.exe driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373321-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-driver.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have been getting random BSOD and sometimes there wasn't even any blue screen. It just hangs there, even when I was just watching videos.
Any help?

I've attached the necessary files

A:Random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and Wdf01000.sys

It looks like your BSODs are being caused by the following drivers:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 10D, {5, 0, 1202, fffffa800ddcae40}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MijXfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MijXfilt.sys
Probably caused by : MijXfilt.sys ( MijXfilt+363a )

---------
Driver Reference Table - MijXfilt.sys

Please update it from here: http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/moti...-xinput-device

and

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800450d1af, fffff88008858e20, 0}

Probably caused by : idmwfp.sys ( idmwfp+21af )

---------
Driver Reference Table - idmwfp.sys

please update this driver from here: Internet Download Manager: the fastest download accelerator

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289023-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-wdf01000-sys.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hey! I've been experiencing random blue screens in the past few weeks. Sometimes i get them when playing, sometimes while browsing. I've downloaded Bluescreenviewer and according to it the problem lies in ntoskrnl.exe. I tested my ram and didn't get any errors overnight. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

A:Random BSOD in normal use caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to SF .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. - H2SO4

The generic nature of the 0x124 (Arg1=0) stop code means we would have to take
the trail & error approach.

In this kind of bug check I would like to have a couple more to see if the error is consistent,
the file uploaded only contains one dump file.

The error was a generic memory write error in the L0 CACHE, as I said above one bugcheck is not enough
to establish some sort of pattern.

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa80089f3138
Section @ fffffa80089f32c0

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 1)
Address : 0x000000021bd95940
What is the make, model and age of your PSU?
Fill out this form and post back the result:
Power Supply Calculator
Good practice, open up the case and re-seat all types of connection.
SATA Cables (HDD/SSD/ODD).
SATA-Power.
Motherboard 24-pin.
Motherboard 4/8-pin (CPU).
Re-seat the RAM.
Re-seat the GPU.
Make sure that every slot / cable head is free of dust or other obstruction.
Make sure that every connection is seating properly and firmly in-place.

You have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Test for thermals and stability:
Download Speccy and post a Screenshot of the summary window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Furmark for the GPU.Before running Prime95 make sure to enable Round-off checking (see 1st post under the tutorial).

Reset the BIOS back to default:CLR CMOS

Note
Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.

Note
If any component is overclocked reset it back to stock speeds!

Good places to read more:
Stop 0x124 Troubleshooting - 'New Method'

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310756-random-bsod-normal-use-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I'm new here but by BSOD at NTOSKRNL.exe intervals random caused not new to IT and I'm quickly running out BSOD at random intervals caused by NTOSKRNL.exe of ideas on this one PC started to BSOD at random intervals I haven't been able to narrow down the culprit though Below I have attached the last few crash dumps from whocrashed Only thing I've done out of the ordinary recently was to uninstall a partition that I had installed Windows for testing The last step I took was to back up my important data nuke the entire thing and do a fresh install of Windows from a disk Any input would be greatly appreciated If you need any other information please let me know On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump BSOD at random intervals caused by NTOSKRNL.exe file BSOD at random intervals caused by NTOSKRNL.exe C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F C Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA DAB xFFFFFA DAE xFFFFF F Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Fri PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F C Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA E xFFFFFA C xFFFFF FCF Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Fri AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F C Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA A xFFFFFA A xFFFFF F Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Thu AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F C Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA BEDB xFFFFFA BEDE xFFFFF FDF Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F C Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA C B xFFFFFA C E xFFFFF F Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f... Read more

A:BSOD at random intervals caused by NTOSKRNL.exe

Run a full system scan with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

Run an sfc/scannow command in an elevated command prompt. If errors are found, run it twice more with each scan followed by a reboot.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

The following drivers need to be updated:

Code:
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 22:17:04 2009
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 21:34:07 2009
These drivers can be found by searching them in Google and then finding the associated software or driver. Finally, find the latest version of this driver or software and download and install it. Some of the drivers may also be found here (if the driver says 'Windows Update' simply make sure all Windows Updates are installed).

You should also update any other drivers you can think of including graphics, audio, chipset, SSD etc.

Make sure all Windows updates are installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232809-bsod-random-intervals-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Just upgraded my CPU from a phenom to FX and when i run prime I get BSOD with error x in less then minutes I cleared CMOS before putting in new CPU updated bios Fresh windows install and updated all drivers Once that was done I just felt like running a stability test with no overclock and it BSOD Researched running with prime95 error BSOD caused 0x00000124 hal.dll error and did diagnostic run on hard drive and it BSOD running prime95 with error 0x00000124 caused hal.dll passed with Western Digital tool Ran Memtest for six passes and it passed with no errors I re-seated CPU tried again and same BSOD I took CPU back and exchanged for new one thinking it was BSOD running prime95 with error 0x00000124 caused hal.dll the CPU Got home put in the new exchanged CPU and still get BSOD I am lost Please Help Is it my motherboard I monitored temps when running prime and it never got over degrees Celsius before BSOD Cooling CPU with Corsair H i Gt I have attached the mini dump files Please help Also have a thermaltake W PSU

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390209-bsod-running-prime95-error-0x00000124-caused-hal-dll.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Just today when I got home from work and turned on my PC it started freezing just this morning it was working fine ive had random restarts before but rarely like maybe once or twice a month This problem BSOD 0x00000124 error ntoskrnl.exe, first started out by just freezing can't move mouse or anything holding power button don't work either so have to shut the power switch It now seems to either BSOD or freeze whenever I boot normally and sometimes the BSOD doesnt even make a dmp I either freeze BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, error 0x00000124 BSOD on the welcome screen or after a few min when the desktop comes up Safe mode works fine though as I am also in it now to post this and I have tried system restore to no avail I've tried testing my RAM sticks by moving them to different slots and testing one at a time and still same problem persists One forum mentioned video drivers so i uninstalled mine and still nothing I went to try windows repair but i get some error message saying the utility doesn't match my version not sure why as its the same disc I used to install with I would normally just re-format and install but a few forums mention that not working so I got a little more worried and am now coming to here to see what you guys think I BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, error 0x00000124 read initial post and ran the file collection app and have the zip uploaded One note though the system health report would not work just gave me an error screen maybe because im in safe mode but like I said can't leave it or I will freeze My basic system specs are below thanks for taking the time to read this and hope you can solve it Windows Pro bit got it from my computer courses in college as we part of some partnership with microsoft GB RAM x GB sticks AMD FX -core CPU GHz Nvidia GTX Ti ASUS Sabertooth MB This rig I built in March and ran fine until today Windows I had for over a year same disc just reinstalled

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, error 0x00000124

It does not appear you let the jcgriff2 utility run to completion. It sometimes appears it is not doing anything when it actually is, so do not stop it. Go get a cup of coffee or a meal while you wait.

Analysis:BugCheck 0x124
You have a 0x124 hardware bugcheck. If the system is still under warranty, I would recommend sending it in to have diagnostic tests done and any bad hardware replaced.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, su... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239783-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 89.01%

This is a fresh build made with a combination of new and older parts. Over the past week, It's crashed 5 times, under varying loads. I'm guessing it's a hardware issue, but I'm no expert. Please help me fix this issue.

Below is a Speccy screenshot.

Attatches are a MiniToolBox log of the last 10 Event Viewer Events, Devices, Users/Partitions/Memory size and Minidump files, as well as a zip folder of my minidump files.

Thank you all in advance.

Speccy:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/edcqZjOt6zAMXJSB4hz6NbC

A:Seemingly random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0.

I don't know how other's feel about this, but as a practice I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what the content is.

Once the MiniTooBox scan is finished you can copy and then paste the results in your topic.  You can do the same with the minidumps.  I would post these separately, ex. post #3 minitoolbox, post #4 minidumps.

The Speccy is showing the 12V rail to be 8.064V.  I suspect this isn't accurate, but it would be worth putting a meter on it to be sure.  If it is accurate, then your PSU has a problem.

Voltages:

+3.3V    2.004V
+5V       3.367V
+12V     8.064V

If you have a multimeter with a DC Volt scale you can use the instructions below to read the rail voltages.

Reading Desktop PSU Rail Voltages

Caution: Please read this before continuing.

Since it will be necessary for your computer to be on during this procedure, you need to be aware that you will be working with live 12Volt DC potentials, which if handled improperly may lead to electrical shock. 

There are electronics inside the case that are very susceptible to electrostatic discharges. To protect your computer, touch the metal of the case to discharge yourself of any electrostatic charges before touching any of the components inside.

If you are not comfortable doing this procedure, then I would suggest that you not use this tutorial. The risks involved are minimal, but are there nevertheless. Anyone who uses this tutorial will be doing so at their own risk.

There are two devices commonly used to read the rail voltages: a PSU tester, and a multimeter. 

The PSU tester is the easiest to use since all that is necessary is to plug the different connectors into the tester and read the results on the LCD display. The problem with most of these is that they only perform a pass/fail test.  They will not provide you with actual voltage readings.

There are a variety of multiple meters, but this tutorial will address Analog and Digital multimeters. The advantage of these meters is that you will be able to obtain accurate real time voltage readings.

For those of you who wish to know more about multimeters there is an excellent article in Wikipedia.

Analog Multimeter

An Analog multimeter is a little more complicated to use. Both Analog and Digital multimeters need to be set to the appropriate voltage, but with an Analog multimeter, you will need to choose the voltage range and must read the proper scale. 

The Analog multimeter uses a needle display which moves from 0 across the scale until it reaches the voltage being tested. This multimeter has five major linear divisions with multiple scales to read a variety of ranges. An example would be three different ranges. The first is graduated in increments of 0 through 5, the second, 0 through 10, and the third, 0 through 25. Each of these ranges are subdivided into divisions that are graduated into tenths. In order to read 12 volts the 0 through 25 range would be the appropriate one. 

Because DC voltage has positive and negative potentials this device is polar sensitive, this means that if you reverse the two probes when reading a positive DC voltage it will read as a negative voltage. This is actually necessary to read negative DC voltages. The two probes are differentiated by their color, Black (negative), and Red (positive). To read a positive DC voltage, the correct probes must be used with their corresponding potentials (positive to positive and negative to negative). 

With the probes being used normally to read a negative DC voltage, the needle moves from the 0 to the left, "pegging" the needle. By reversing the probes you can properly read the negative voltages.

Digital Multimeter

The Digital multim... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517282/seemingly-random-bsod-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe75bc0/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello everybody my name is Patricio and I have been experimenting some random BSOD with error x a caused by driver ntoskrnl exe I by 0x0000000a driver ntoskrnl.exe Random caused BSOD have tried to pinpoint the driver by myself but i failed to see which one is causing this I have reinstalled all motherboard drivers AMD Southbridge Video Card Drivers I've run this OS for around days and only once every months I BSOD Random 0x0000000a caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe got one of this BSOD but now this week it started to do it quite often and randomly To give you an example I can let my computer on for hours just letting it downloading something and it will be just fine then use it watch videos surf the internet and nothing Windows only managed to catch one Dump as the screen stays at the while the BSOD and even after letting it for half an hour it won t finish I have also run a Memtest for Hours it managed to run passes but I had errors That is why I believe it is probably something related to a driver not a system driver but a rd party driver like antivirus or so I have read the guide in sevenforums of how to run the Verifier create a custom run and I will let it now reboot Hoping it can log something I attach then the DMP file the Blue screen resume of the Bluescreenview from Nirsoft And the CBS log from the sfc scannow that I ve run which won t finish working this one has been up to something since long ago After every BSOD I run a chkdsk on every drive and repair them if necessary If anyone could lend me a hand about how to properly use extract the debug information of the driver verifier or is willing to analyse it I will really appreciate it Surely the problem would be solved if I just refresh format the OS but I would like to know what exactly is going on as I will probably install all the software again and end up having the same problem later Thank you very much for taking your time reading i look forward to any comment or opinion Edit Here is the album in which the drivers i will send to verify are Driver Verifier Collection - Imgur As stated above when i reboot i get instant BSOD for the driver verified I think i am picking the wrong options So I Picked now different ones trying to follow this example Driver Verifier - Windows amp Vista BSOD-related - Tech Support Forum It might sound funny but as my system is not in english the options to mark are completely different words chosen have little in common with the real translation we say Block instead of Pool just to name an example But Now that I uninstalled Glary Boot time Defrag I will give it a second try

A:BSOD Random 0x0000000a caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Your dumpfile blames Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

This is the driver for Glary utilities from Glarysoft.

Driver Description: GlarySoft - Glary Utilities Startup Manager Tool driver
Driver Update Site: Downloads | Glarysoft

Check if your version is windows 8.1 compatible, if not update or remove it to check if this stops your BSODs.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck A, {ffffc001d5d39e38, 2, 1, fffff80052ae9d08}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GUBootStartup.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GUBootStartup.sys
Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51125-bsod-random-0x0000000a-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello, i experience bsod with my dell inspiron laptop.it runs windows 7 home basic 64bit.bluescreenview program indicates it is caused by ntoskrnl.exe.besides from that i also experience random shut downs and i think it's because my computer is quite overheating.i archived my dump files to a rar file, please let me know if i have missed any details and i'd highly appreciate any help because reading other topics about ntoskrnl.exe didn't help me a lot.thank you

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and random shut downs

Looks like a bad hard drive.

System Uptime: 17 days 11:59:29.468 17 days eh?

Please back up your stuff before starting diagnostics.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8004da3950, fffffa8004da3c30, fffff80002dd7350}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------
Upload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureUse the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & Errors

Quote: Originally Posted by usasma

If you get further chkdsk errors, then it's time to:
- backup your stuff/data
- ensure that you have your recovery disks on hand
- wipe the hard drive with DBAN or KillDisk (both are free - google for them)
- install Windows while connected to the internet
- install all Windows Updates, then install Service Pack 1, then install all Windows Updates that show up
- check Device Manager for any missing drivers - post back here for advice on locating the latest version
- install a free antivirus (DO NOT install an Internet Security Application)
- DO NOT install any other programs/devices/etc until we're finished testing.
- Run the system and attempt to recreate the problem.
Once done testing feel free to install whatever programs you desire - but keep track of what you install (just in case it messes things up). DO NOT have more than one Antivirus or Firewall operating at the same time!

Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor:
Piriform - Speccy

CPUID - HWMonitor For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff88000d1c0e9, fffff880062e6778, fffff880062e5fd0}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arg... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300317-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-random-shut-downs.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Earlier I was Using Windows 7 ultimate X64bit. I had no problem at all. Recently I bought windows 8 pro.
Now I am getting this BSOD ERROR 0x00000124(ntoskrnl.exe+52a489).
No matter what I do .I keep getting this error. i enabled verifier. I Did Scannow through CMD. I cleaned my registry. Even I installed several fresh installation of windows. But No Hope. I Read tons of solution on net but nothing seems to be working. Now my pc is shutting down after 10 or 15 minutes regularly .and every time SAME error. I thought it was my BIOS therefore I revert back to older version(on which I never faced any problem using windows 7). I also installed Windows 7 again but No Hope again. This Rate I'll damage something on my computer. I can't do anything because of this BSOD error.
I am enclosing everything as per forum Rule.
Please Help me. I am in real trouble.

A:BSOD ERROR 0x00000124(ntoskrnl.exe+52a489)

Please some look after it. My pc is crashing after regular events. Is there any other information which I can provide so that you guys can make better explanation that what is going on with my computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/13521-bsod-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-52a489.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello my laptop is a HP dv originally with vista x OEM upgraded to seven pro x RETAIL with accademy program Upgrade done a year ago NEVER a problem never a BSOD Basically never problem with my laptot My (?) PC after caused random start by specially BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 hardware is old but i never have problems with it I replaced only power charger and battery I'm random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 (?) specially after start PC unable to run System Health Report with perfmon random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 (?) specially after start PC report because i receive a timeout error doing it but i see that on C PerfLogs System Diagnostics i've all reports that i tried to do I'll attach it and also minidump folder Using Blue screen view i saw that BSOD SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION are always caused by ntoskrnl exe File di Dump - - dmp Data e Ora del Crash Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parametro c Parametro fffff Parametro fffff c ea Parametro Causato Da Driver ntoskrnl exe Causato Da Indirizzo ntoskrnl exe cc Descrizione del File NT Kernel amp System Nome del Prodotto Microsoft Windows Operating System Societ Microsoft Corporation Versione del File win sp gdr - Processore x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Nome Computer Percorso completo C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processori Versione maggiore Versione minore Dimensioni file Dump I need help Thanks you

A:random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 (?) specially after start PC

> Your crash was related to oodivd.sys DiskImage Virtual Disk Driver (Win32) from O&O Software GmbH dated 2/2009
Suggest you remove it to test.
NB, if critical update to newest
> Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

On completion you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212682-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40-specially-after-start-pc.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello everybody, i'm newbie here sorry if i make bad post or useless, but i feel i need u all help
i got bsod everytime i playing game like Dota2, Warframe, NBA, etc.
i already tried many ways from another thread but i think it doesn't work because my pc still got BSOD

i use
proc i7-4790k
vga zotac gtx 970
ram 16gb
psu corsair cx750m
mobo msi b85-g41 pc mate

here is my bsod data in attachments

thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63632-bsod-everytime-playing-game-error-0x00000124-caused-driver-hal-dl.html
Relevancy 87.72%

So I have a problem with this error.

I updated all drivers
Also updated motheboard.
I tested memory with memtest- no errors
Tested hard drive with many programs and no errors or problems.

Do not know what to do. most commonly get this problem when playing games.
But my video drivers are updated with latest updates. CPU temperature and VGA is normal.

OS Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Motherboard ASRock P5B-DE
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz
VGA ATI Radeon HD 4890 (RV790)
Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD403LJ ATA Device (400 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Memory Patriot Memory 4 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM

attaching - system health report,Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03, and dump file.

Please help to solve this problem.
Thank you

A:BSOD 0x00000124 error (hal.dll+5ba9 and ntoskrnl.exe+c4085)

You are getting a error that is exclusively linked to bad hardware or a improper overclock.
There really isn't a whole lot of other things that produce the error you are getting.

Code:
Probably caused by : hardware

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 863d5024, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 00000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
80eb3cc4 8290b085 863d5008 829a5c08 829a5c00 nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x32
80eb3ce4 8290beaf 829a5c00 863d5008 829a5c30 nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x56
80eb3d00 828a2153 829a5c00 00000000 85173798 nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x1f
80eb3d50 82a2f46a 00000001 a86a2daf 00000000 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x10d
80eb3d90 828d0979 828a2046 00000001 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: kb

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187966-bsod-0x00000124-error-hal-dll-5ba9-ntoskrnl-exe-c4085.html
Relevancy 87.72%

So I have a problem with this error.

I updated all drivers
Also updated motheboard.
I tested memory with memtest- no errors
Tested hard drive with many programs and no errors or problems.

Do not know what to do. most commonly get this problem when playing games.
But my video drivers are updated with latest updates. CPU temperature and VGA is normal.

OS Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Motherboard ASRock P5B-DE
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz
VGA ATI Radeon HD 4890 (RV790)
Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD403LJ ATA Device (400 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Memory Patriot Memory 4 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM

attaching - system health report,Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03, and dump file.

Please help to solve this problem.
Thank you

A:BSOD 0x00000124 error (hal.dll+5ba9 and ntoskrnl.exe+c4085)

How long did you run memtest86+? It should be at least 7 passes.

Though I doubt the memory is the case. All crashes show an issue regarding CPU's L0 internal bus. You may wanna run Prime95 for about 9+ hours. If it shows up errors, or crashes, you can bet you have an issue with your CPU. I'm not sure what temps you have on it that are 'normal', but they might be too high; don't forget that overclocking it will cause this issue as well. The consistency leads me to believe the CPU itself is just bad, as OCing or temp problems typically lead to erratic CPU probs, but it really depends. Best to check with Prime95 first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-0x00000124-error-hal-dll-5ba9-and-ntoskrnl-exe-c4085-602013.html
Relevancy 86.86%

So been having recurring Bluescreens for a long time. They went away after I reduced the overclock as they were usually hal.dll errors but now I am getting ntoskrnl.exe errors. Any help?

A:BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+14dca0

Edit: Could it be my GPU because the Core Clock was 50Hz higher than default?

My CPU is also overclocked but shouldn't be the problem I think

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328583-bsod-when-playing-games-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-14dca0.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello everybody I just have this custom PC BSOD hal.dll+12a3b x64, error Windows 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 for Home use I have used it around a month The PC had worked very good but weeks ago my wife had to use it for children's homework Just when she logged into her user account the BSOD appeared after around seconds the BSOD disappeared an the PC automatically restarted So she was into this loop until I told her to force shut down When I was home I ran Windows into Safe Mode and there everything was ok I thought it could BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 be a problem of RAM memory or maybe a faulty HDD I tested the RAM for about minutes and everything was ok tested the HDD with HD Sentinel software all the tests were perfect SMART indicators are also OK as expected of a nearly new HDD I think its a problem of drivers the PC has BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 a ZOGIS GT- Pci-Ex card but the mainboard Gygabyte B M-D V has its own Video Chip that is disabled on the BIOS Then I disabled the Pci-Ex and enabled the internal Video card but the result was the same BSOD Other peripherals used are a Genius USB Facecam and an EPSON L printer both are now BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 disconnected of the PC Please let me know what more can I do or how to test the drivers I will post any news here Thanks for your help in advance

A:BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0

Basically a 0x00000124 is a hardware issue; but it may be caused by anything and everything associated with the computer.

The crash dumps provide very less information in the 0x00000124 dumps. And there is only one crash dump which is unfortunately having symbol error and so I failed to read it properly.

Anyway, a single BSOD may always be treated as a glitch. If the issue continues, let us see the further dumps ... if they provide any little more info there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374407-bsod-windows-x64-error-0x00000124-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0.html
Relevancy 85.57%

So it went a way for two weeks when error 0x00000124, (5logs) ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 playing BSOD games, my blue screen errors and now reappearing again I've ran memtest prime and furmark and all passed Here is an analysis of one of the logs from OSR Online Analysis Code TRIAGER Could not open triage file e dump analysis program triage modclass ini error BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME chrome exe CURRENT BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) IRQL f STACK TEXT ffffd e cf nt KeBugCheckEx STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner In all of the logs it refers to Genuine Intel so I'm guessing it's the CPU problem Any more help anyone can give It's overclocked but has been for weeks working fine and all of a sudden these issues BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) started to arise Build Intel i - k Kingston Hyper X GB x GB Modules AMD R - x Asus Z -a Corsair TX v Samsung Pro Series GB SSD TB Western Digital Blue HDD OS is on SSD Any help

A:BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs)

Can no one help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330615-bsod-when-playing-games-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-153fa0-5logs.html
Relevancy 83.85%

My custom made PC - to BSOD tied crash ntoskrnl.exe random as address All very has been plagued with very random BSODs for over a week now but all crashes logged show the crash address as ntoskrnl exe For nearly all the crashes except this very latest one while I was setting up my account here and files to share with you happened while running a game Firefox window and Chrome window with a streaming TV BSOD very random - All tied to ntoskrnl.exe as crash address channel I recently removed my NVIDIA GTX to upgrade to the GTX yes full driver flush and reinstall and since then and possibly tied to the latest drivers that were updated I've been having issues I suspected it was just a bad card which I got directly from NVIDIA after working with them at PAX East The card BSOD very random - All tied to ntoskrnl.exe as crash address was removed and I purchased a GTX ti to test things but I've crashed twice today already When I ran memtest after the first few crashes my gigs of G-Skill ram passed all tests but the block move test I've read that that may be due to the latest build of memtest so I have not suspected my RAM to be the issue However now that I've pretty much determined it isn't the video card I am completely stumped All drivers have been properly updated bios chipset SATA etc and I was hoping someone could spot what is going on with the files I've uploaded and according to the instructions in your sticky Please advise what other info I can provide I'm new here

A:BSOD very random - All tied to ntoskrnl.exe as crash address

As an aside, when I had my GTX 570, I never had issues and could run the same programs as I have been during this phase of trouble. Also, I have been informed by some co-workers that I have some conflicting issues with the AMD Catalyst Control Center and the fuel service. When I was updating my SATA and chipset drivers, I was led to believe I had to have the CCC to update them but now that's causing rampant errors which are logged in my Event Viewer.

If anyone sees anything beyond that, please do share, I'm still troubleshooting these issues as I type this.
EDIT: AMD CCC, USB filter, and APP SDK have been uninstalled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232932-bsod-very-random-all-tied-ntoskrnl-exe-crash-address.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all

My PC a Envy 14 2010 make has got a BSOD 2 months ago. Every time I turned on wifi or put in a LAN cable when it shuts down it gives me a BSOD caused by driver state failure. It is OEM and was pre-installed 2 years ago with the laptop.

A:BSOD error 0x1000009f caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to SevenForums.

Your BSODs were caused by the HP Disk Filter (hpdskflt.sys). You should update/remove it.
HP Support & Drivers | United States

Code:
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8005509b60, fffff80004f86510}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hpdskflt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hpdskflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hpdskflt.sys
Probably caused by : hpdskflt.sys ( hpdskflt+2a9b )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238708-bsod-error-0x1000009f-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Thank you very much in advance!
I have been getting this BSOD for sometime now. It started when I was originally running Windows 10 where I got the blue screen for a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I used a program called "bluescreenview" that told me that the issue was caused by a driver called ntoskrnl.exe. I tried to update all my drivers, disable sleep settings, uninstalled Mcafee and I still got the screen. I got desperate and restore my computer entirely, which brought my computer back to Windows 8.1, since that was the original operating system my laptop had. I still got the same blue screen, even without installing anything new. It is an ASUS ROG GL551JW notebook. So I currently have Windows 8.1. Thank you for you help!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/75129-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have HP 1000 Notebook,and i have receiving BSOD from last 20 days.
Its too much annoying please help me.
I have attached minidumps files.

A:BSOD error caused by ntoskrnl.exe,win32k.sys etc

Hello edesign.

Some problems are with the intel HD graphics driver.

Code:
fffff880`084c6458 fffff880`0f55ee3fUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
igdkmd64+0xb3e3f
And the driver is old.

Code:
fffff880`0f4ab000 fffff880`102adf80 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Feb 15 00:17:30 2012 (4F3AAC42)
CheckSum: 00E03C3D
ImageSize: 00E02F80
Update the Intel HD Graphics Driver, either from our forum link, Latest Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7, or You may get it from Intel Download Center.
Moreover, you may run the Intel (R) Driver Update Utility to auto detect the appropriate driver for your computer.

Let us know the results. If BSODs continue to occur, post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300055-bsod-error-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-win32k-sys-etc.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello My first BSOD occured on my -month-old ASUS GL JM laptop while I was opening the Task Manager It was running on battery while I was playing Don't Starve Together on Steam I closed Don't Starve Together and plugged in the charger caused error 0x0000009f by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD minutes later I noticed the computer being a little laggy while browsing the web I wanted to open the Task Manager to see what was being so slow and that's when the BSOD occured I've played Don't Starve Together many times but this has never happened before I typically put my computer into sleep mode instead of turning it off Perhaps this contributed to the problem but I had not recently woken up the computer I ran BlueScreenView and it said DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl exe Online searches gave me a great range of answers that gave me more questions so I updated my Intel and NVidia drivers but that's about it This is also my workstation for graphic and animation work so I would like to prevent BSODs as much as possible I run Windows -bit Help would be greatly BSOD error 0x0000009f caused by ntoskrnl.exe appreciated Going to sleep right BSOD error 0x0000009f caused by ntoskrnl.exe after posting so I'll check in approximately hrs

A:BSOD error 0x0000009f caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Update drivers in red. Uninstall Asus Charger, and monitor your temperatures.

Code:
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Dec 11 00:49:01 2007 (475DD06D)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 22:52:37 2008 (48640195)
Adobe File System Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=adfs.SYS

ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 11:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

AiCharger.sys Fri Sep 23 04:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

kbfiltr.sys Thu Aug 2 05:22:22 2012 (5019F26E)

kbfiltr.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

atkwmiacpi64.sys Tue Jul 2 10:35:32 2013 (51D290D4)
ATK WMIACPI Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Mon Aug 19 19:23:31 2013 (52125493)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

AsHIDSwitch64.sys Tue Oct 8 03:45:17 2013 (525363AD)
HID driver for ASUS Wireless Radio Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsHIDSwitch64.sys

RtsPer.sys Fri Oct 18 08:09:07 2013 (5260D083)
RealTek RTS PCIE READER Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsPer.sys

btmhsf.sys Thu Feb 20 15:42:24 2014 (53061450)
Intel Proset Bluetooth HighSpeed Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmhsf.sys

Netwbw02.sys Thu Feb 27 12:15:45 2014 (530F1E61)
Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Driver - Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Netwbw02.sys

iwdbus.sys Thu Mar 13 22:59:14 2014 (53222A32)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

igdkmd64.sys Wed Apr 23 22:26:24 2014 (535821F0)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Sat May 3 01:06:56 2014 (53642510)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

iaStorA.sys Sat May 3 01:06:56 2014 (53642510)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

ibtusb.sys Wed May 14 02:03:39 2014 (5372B2DB)
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ibtusb.sys

Rt630x64.sys Thu May 29 09:46:09 2014 (5386E5C1)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jul 1 14:24:35 2014 (53B2A883)
Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys

AsusTP.sys Wed Jul 2 12:30:40 2014 (53B3DF50)
Asis transformer pad filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsusTP.sys

SCDEmu.SYS Wed Oct 8 15:09:34 2014 (5435378E)

SCDEmu.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

wachidrouter.sys Sat Oct 25 22:51:40 2014 (544C0D5C)
Wacom HID Router Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wachidrouter.sys

wacomrouterfilter.sys Sat Oct 25 22:51:47 2014 (544C0D63)
Wacom Router Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wacomrouterfilter.sys

nvvad64v.sys Thu Nov 20 16:33:54 2014 (546E09E2)
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys

NvStreamKms.sys Sat Nov 22 08:46:45 2014 (54703F65)
nVidia Str... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61051-bsod-error-0x0000009f-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm sorry to bother you but I've been having a few crashes lately amp I was wondering if you might be able to point me to the cause I apologize in advance if the below is too wordy or way too much information I'm just trying to give you a complete picture The issues started a few weeks ago when I got a BSoD that Windows couldn't recover from so I did a clean install After that it continued to give me a BSoD two more times so I ordered a GB SSD to dedicate for the OS only I BSoD address by caused (maybe "ntoskrnl.exe+748c0" to related Youtube? had the OS partitioned off before but it didn't have it's own physical BSoD caused by address "ntoskrnl.exe+748c0" (maybe related to Youtube? drive Sadly even with a clean install on the dedicated drive I got another BSoD I then thought that maybe my PSU wasn't strong enough to handle the extra drive my system so I installed an w PSU For the last week I haven't BSoD caused by address "ntoskrnl.exe+748c0" (maybe related to Youtube? had any BS's so I thought that I had solved the problem but it crashed again last night I was able to restart the computer amp nothing was lost or damaged but I obviously haven't fixed the issue so I thought that I would pester you to see if you could give me some direction on solving the issue And I don't know if it helps at all but at least two of the BSoD's occurred while watching a Youtube video the error code amp address in the title was taken from BlueScreenView so it may or may not be useful I'm just trying to help My system specs are OS Windows Home Premium -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz Haswell RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz MB MSI Z -G PC Mate MS- GPU Asus AMD Radeon R w GB PSU Thermaltake w Smart M Drives probably not important but just in case GB SSD for OS only GB Hybrid SSD HDD for programs games some storage amp a dedicated Page File of GB GB used TB HDD for extra storage amp backups The average temperatures are CPU - C MB - C GPU - C OS drive is C other drives are C amp C I think that I've covered every possible spec that may be useful but if I've overlooked anything - be sure to let me know Once again I'm sorry to bother you with this amp I apologize for the length but is there a chance that you could point me to the culprit Or at least give me a direction to try Thank you in advance for your time amp know that I appreciate any advice you can give me Cheers amp All the best Michael Lauren DeSarbe Sir Lauren

A:BSoD caused by address "ntoskrnl.exe+748c0" (maybe related to Youtube?

Welcome to 7F. The single dump in your logs is pointing out your ATI driver. Download the lastest driver for your card from here and save it to your desktop. Download DDU and follow Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use to remove all traces of your current driver. Reboot and install the downloaded driver. Test the system for stability and report back.
Code:
fffff880`09791010 fffff880`0f6bbc01Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x20cc01

2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`0f4af000 fffff880`10733000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 21 02:30:27 2014 (546EA3C3)
CheckSum: 0121F198
ImageSize: 01284000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371346-bsod-caused-address-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-maybe-related-youtube.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello All,

I've had intermittent BSOD crashes in the past, all of which were dealt with by simply using system restore. (The BSOD always happens after a Windows automatic update.) Came back after an auto-update today and no luck restoring Windows. Constant BSOD, though I am able to boot in safe mode. Have included zip from BSOD Dump & System File Collection app. Can anyone help? Thanks.

My system info:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU from 2006
Windows 7 since 2009 (full retail) - I do not have the original Win7 CD.

A:BSOD after WinUpdate, error 0x39, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Please remove any CD/DVD virtualization software, such as Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%, as they use a driver called sptd.sys that is known to cause BSODs. Use add/remove programs to remove the software. After removing the software, use the sptd.sys uninstaller to remove sptd.sys from the system.

I prefer TotalMounter as my CD/DVD virtualization software as it allows me to burn images to a virtual CD/DVD if I just want an ISO file instead of a disc, and it is free.

Many use MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor as well, which is also free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235919-bsod-after-winupdate-error-0x39-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Keep getting these BSOD when playing COD MW3. Have run memtest86+4.2 and tests passed. Here is my SF Diagnostics report. Would appreciate your help solving this problem

A:BSOD playing COD MW3 error caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Welcome

Most of your dumps show memory as the issue.

Lets start with problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public
Start Menu\Programs\BitDefender 2011 Public:Start Menu\Programs\BitDefender 2011 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk Public:Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk Public
Daemon tools is a known cause of blue screens. If you search this forum, you will find a lot of threads about it.
Please uninstall BitDefender and Autodesk while we are troubleshooting with your computer.

MSE is recommended by almost all members on our forum and known to be the most compatible antivirus with windows 7.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Run the system file checker 3 times as mentioned in the tutorial below:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

To make sure that hard drive is good run disk check following this tutorial:
Disk Check

Hard drive scan usings SeaTools:
SeaTools | Seagate both long and short tests.

You need to run memtest for 8 passes on each stick preferably overnight.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Let us know your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253293-bsod-playing-cod-mw3-error-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I have been facing issues with BSOD for about a week now and they seem to keep on occuring The screen comes up randomly but happens more often when i switch on the computer from sleep hibernate mode or start it after having shut it down I have done some due dilligence on my end and it has not really worked thus far I have changed replaced my 0x00000124 error BSOD, Random RAM and hard drive Reinstalled my windows from scratch re-partitioned the hard drive Initially this started happening when i had a windows installed i then removed it Random BSOD, error 0x00000124 and then installed a windows professional bit and in an act of desperation re-installed windows a nd time Random BSOD, error 0x00000124 to Windows prfessional bit but the BSOD has gone no where I have also updated the drivers the BIOS and reset my bios to default to ensure my processor is not overclocked I have used blue screen view and it blames the ntoskrnl exe I have also configured the driver verifier as had been suggested on Random BSOD, error 0x00000124 some other forums but that hasnt seemed to help my issue either I would really appreciate if someone here can help me with this issue I have really run out of options here

A:Random BSOD, error 0x00000124

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800285B8F8
BCP3: 00000000B2000030
BCP4: 000000000C000E0F
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313625-random-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I have been reading this forum for the past few days and you have been very helpful, so I am hoping you guys may be able to help me. I recently installed a Corsair Force 3 into my custom built PC and ever since it has been a slew of BSoDs, the most common as you can see from the attachment is the 0x00000124. I have already tried updating my intel drivers which only made the problem worse to the point I had to do another fresh install. Thank you in advance.

A:Random BSoD, Error 0x00000124

Quote: Originally Posted by apsolus

I have been reading this forum for the past few days and you have been very helpful, so I am hoping you guys may be able to help me. I recently installed a Corsair Force 3 into my custom built PC and ever since it has been a slew of BSoDs, the most common as you can see from the attachment is the 0x00000124. I have already tried updating my intel drivers which only made the problem worse to the point I had to do another fresh install. Thank you in advance.

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. Return to the default settings at least for now.
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204966-random-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello

Since 25-01-2013 I have received around 40 BSOD. I know it is most likely a hardware error because of the stop code but I have no idea as to which component it is so I was wondering whether any of you people could tell that out from the dump files. If it is not possible to see which component it is from the dump file how should I go about troubleshooting the problem?

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, PCI Express Error
Arg2: fffffa80060a88d8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
So from looking at the dump file we can see it is either the PCI slot or the card in the slot that is causing the failure, the best way to test is to switch out what ever card is in the slot with another one and see if you still get a BSOD.

For more information see this thread:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285733-random-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 82.56%

BSOD while doing remote connect to two office computers, browsing internet and watching King Crimson video. I have done the same thing many times without a problem. It didn't seem like it was overheating - or working hard.
I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, which I reinstalled fresh a few months ago
I am running the 'Dummy OC' - nothing custom

A stop error of 0x124 is a general hardware error .

Quote:

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP.
Return to the default settings at least for now.
You can read more on this error and what to try here...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202863-random-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all,

I have been having the occasional crashes in the past that I'd put down to my old graphics card not coping with the games I play.
Thing is , I've recently (this month) upgraded the card and PSU and the crashes seem to have got worse.

New PSU: Corsair AX760i Digital ATX '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply.
New Card:Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X OC WindForce 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

I can't seem to reproduce the crashes, and they seem to happen fairly randomly - when I'm gaming , when I'm just browsing the net , indeed when the machine is just idling and doing nothing.
So I'm hoping you guys might be able to shed some light.

I've run Furmark for 30 mins without any issues and memtest for 8 hours , again no issues

Thanks for taking the time out to have a look.

A:Random BSOD error 0x00000124

Hello and welcome Robbo look as you have tested out the GPU PSU and RAM it leaves really the CPU. Now I ma no expert and I cannot get the report to attach but the dump files are saying there is a hardware failure see this and look at parameter 1
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx I don't know how old the CPU is and also would like to see what the temps are run Speccy and post back if you can.
https://www.piriform.com/speccy

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361541-random-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've been struggling with this issue for months now and can't seem to troubleshoot it so here I am.

I've attached the DM Log Collector file below.

I've tried the following on my own:

Removed and reinstalled Geforce Drivers as well as tried different versions.
Checked my memory with Memtest 86+ twice
Run Diagnostics on my hard drive
Performed a clean install of Windows 7

Any help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD playing RIFT, error 0x0000001a Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Unfortunately, the .dmp file is inconclusive. How many passes of MemTest86+ did you run?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355131-bsod-playing-rift-error-0x0000001a-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Although i know the cause, i have no clue on how to fix it.

I have tried the following:
Memory scans - nothing there
Disk scans - nothing there
Done startup scans - nothing there
Done cmd scans - nothing there
rootkit scans - nothing there

I have added the rest of the info in the .rar

Any help would be amazing

I am currently in safetymode as normal login does not work. (due to the BSOD)

A:BSOD right after login error 0x7f caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Welcome aboard.

According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Usual causes: Memory corruption, Hardware (memory in particular), Overclocking failure, Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it, 3rd party firewall, Device drivers, SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed, Improperly seated cards, Incompatible storage devices, Overclocking, Virus scanner, Backup tool, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack

As your dumps are not giving adequate information, We may start with some point.

► Uninstall Daemon tools. It is a well known cause of BSOD crashes.

► Uninstall AVG. Uninstall Norton and all Symentec products too, using Norton Removal tool.Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner. Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

► Make some space free in C drive. As it is very little space left there.

► Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight, per RAM module per slot.

Is the computer in warranty? Let us know. Also let us know the results of these steps. If all failed, we will take another way, will think about the device drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267187-bsod-right-after-login-error-0x7f-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello there I replaced my old video card with a nvidia evga and the temperatures on it are much better No overheating is occurring on any of my pc components I with BSOD bit quite testing done 0x00000124 a error Random of am still getting bsod with stop code Attached new zip file To recap just about every Random BSOD error 0x00000124 with quite a bit of testing done component has been replaced Random BSOD error 0x00000124 with quite a bit of testing done except for my power supply There is no overclocking and all temps are fine when stressed Since the video card has been replaced no more screen tearing to BSOD have been observed It seems to occur randomly when gaming and when not gaming just browsing internet etc Win Ultimate bit z x-ud h Gigabyte GB Corsair GForce SSD tested with OS installed TB Caviar Black WD tested with OS installed EVGA GTX W CoolerMaster GB Corsair Vengeance Pro MHz clocked at MHz GB Corsair Dominator MHz for testing i k GHz turbo off ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi there I have been getting BSOD mainly x with occasional x a for about a month now I've done several things to rule certain hardware components out but am still unable to pinpoint the culprit When it happens my computer bogs down for a few seconds before BSOD Sound will stutter oddly and windows will not respond to clicking start button or resizing windows etc My monitor displays a bunch of horizontal colors then BSOD Win Ultimate bit z x-ud h Gigabyte GB Corsair GForce SSD tested with OS installed TB Caviar Black WD tested with OS installed XFX HD W CoolerMaster GB Corsair Vengeance Pro MHz clocked at MHz GB Corsair Dominator MHz for testing i k GHz turbo off I've ran memtest on my memory for about hours with no errors I did use both sticks at once however I also switched my GB vengeance for the GB dominator but still encounter BSOD I made sure my timings were set correctly I ran chkdsk r on both my harddrives with no errors I took out my ssd from my computer and am now just using the TB previously used for data but still seem to encounter BSOD I have took out my video card and ran with onboard graphics Same thing It seems like all I have left is PSU MOBO and processor This is the most recent BSOD which I received minutes into a fresh windows install

A:Random BSOD error 0x00000124 with quite a bit of testing done

Welcome to SF .

There is only one bug check in the file uploaded as well as only one is logged
in the System Event log (i guess because it's a fresh install) too bad that wiped any evidence
that was left behind, however the bug check (uploaded) is not 0x124 rather it's 0x24.
I would like to have some more to get more perspective.

What you're describing sounds like a thermal issue / RAM / Motherboard.
When you got the horizontal lines (artifacts) on the screen, was it with the dedicated
GPU installed or while using the onboard graphics?
Does it always display those before it bug checks?
Where did you obtain the installation media?
Did you try a different one?

Fill out this form and post back the result:
Power Supply Calculator

Test for thermals and stability:
Download Speccy and post a Screenshot of the summary window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Furmark for the GPU.Before running Prime95 make sure to enable Round-off checking (see 1st post under the tutorial).

Reset the BIOS back to default in case you're unaware that your CPU is overclocked:CLR CMOS

Note
Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.

Note
If any component is overclocked reset it back to stock speeds!

Warning
The Following Method Should NOT Be Performed On An SSD!
Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check- Scroll down to OPTION TWO of the tutorial and use the /R switch in the CHKDSK command | chkdsk C: /R.
Then Post the Disk Check results following | This Tutorial.
Once back in Windows, download Crystal Disk Info and post a screenshot (multiple shots if you have more than one drive).
Download SeaTools for DOS if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).
If SeaTools for DOS is unable to recognize your HDD:
Visit HDDdiag and follow the instructions | Or follow the instructions below.
If SeaTools For DOS does not recognize the drive;
Boot into the BIOS using the *Fx key.
Look for an entry called SATA Mode (or something similar), it should be set to IDE / AHCI.
It's probably set to AHCI which is why SeaTools doesn't recognize them in the DOS environment.
Set it to IDE then save and exit usually by pressing the F10 key.
Now boot into SeaTools and it should detect the drives.
Start the Long Test and let it run.
Upon completion don't try to boot into Windows as it will only result in a BSOD, go back into the BIOS
and change the SATA setting back to what it was in the first place.

*Popular BIOS access keys.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Re-seat the sata and power.

Let us know the results.
Good places to read more:
Stop 0x124 Troubleshooting - 'New Method'

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310315-random-bsod-error-0x00000124-quite-bit-testing-done.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys,

Facing random freezing at least 1 per day. The freezing often occur when surfing with firefox browser at random period of time (5~10 mins) where everything pause and no BSOD screen. I suspect the video card driver so I download the latest nvidia driver. Obviously the update did not help solved the problem. Pls help

A:Random Freezing and BSOD, error 0x00000124

Code:
Product ID:00426-OEM-8992662-00006
ASUS OEM installed to a retail motherboard.

Purchase a genuine version of Windows 7 - we do not support counterfeit installations

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288865-random-freezing-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi everyone This is nd time i am asking question in this forum previous Random Error Anything Doing = BSOD While 0x00000124 Code time you guys Random BSOD While Doing Anything Error Code = 0x00000124 helped me a lot thanks Ok now lets get to my problem my pc just having random bsod while gaming browsing watching videos etc All my drivers are updated and i also keep my windows upto date but from month i am having strange random bsod which is so annoying I still can t find the fix why its causing bsod which software or hardware causing that bsod i have no idea I tested my pc with stressing programs such as prime aida extreme hyper pi programs like that but i did nt get a single bsod that time it just happen randomly some time i get bsod at ideal as well Everything is on default values i did nt overclock anything all hardware running on their default values Here s the actual image of bsod Attachment PC SPECIFICATION CPU INTEL CORE I K GHZ MB CACHE RAM KINGSTON GB DDR MHZ CPU COOLER NZXT RESPIRE T MB GIGABYTE Z A-D -B VGA GIGABYTE GTX OC MB GDDR MOUSE G S LASER GAMING MOUSE PSU GIGABYTE SUPERB WATTS CASE GIGABYTE GZ-G PLUS CD DVD LG SUPER MULTI DRIVES HDD WD BLUE GB RPM WD GREEN TB DISPLAY SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P HD OS MICROSOFT WINDOWS SP BIT CONTROLLER XBOX CONTROLLER FOR WINDOWS After all that i came here to ask you guys whats the problem is please help me Thanks in advance FULL REPORT

A:Random BSOD While Doing Anything Error Code = 0x00000124

It's having BSODs because your Windows installation is counterfeit. You have an Acer PID on a Gigabyte retail motherboard.

Code:
Host Name: PENTIUM-4---I7
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: nabil009
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006 ----> Acer PID
Original Install Date: 7/5/2013, 5:48:43 AM
System Boot Time: 6/13/2014, 2:11:13 AM
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68A-D3-B3
System Type: x64-based PC
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable. For this reason, many analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation, and are still experiencing BSOD's, we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334574-random-bsod-while-doing-anything-error-code-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Ever since I installed my new PSU and GPU into my system, I get blue screens by random it seems. Once was when I was watching a Youtube video, the other was me playing a game. I've included the dmps in the Zip file. Please look at the later ones, for example, the one from Sept. 21, or today in fact. The older ones can be used for reference too. Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD @ Random Times error 0x00000124

Please fill up the missing information of your system Specs, including the PSU info. It is very vital.
See your system specs and fill it up here.
Let us know the wattage of the PSU.

And, Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

As you pointed these two as a line, so let us see these two at first. Will go for other things depending on the situation.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008db5028, b6674000, 135}

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8008db5028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b6674000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000135, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02f6ca88 fffff800`03e15a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08db5028 00000000`b6674000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02f6ca90 fffff800`039a9453 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`08db6d30 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08db6d80 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`02f6cad0 fffff800`03e15700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`08db6d30 fffff880`02f6ce30 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`02f6cb30 fffff800`03e15052 : fffffa80`08db6d30 fffff880`02f6ce30 fffffa80`08db6d30 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`02f6cc80 fffff800`03e08e8f : 00000000`07bd11fc 00000000`00000001 fffff880`02f6ceb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`02f6ccc0 fffff800`0389146c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x47
fffff880`02f6ccf0 fffff800`038912d3 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`02f6ce30 00000000`56b51fe5 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
00000000`0ae5f398 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x56b51fe5

MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

IMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305714-bsod-random-times-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I've been having an issue for a few months now where my monitor will randomly flicker Seemingly BSOD error 0x00000124 Random lines of pixels while I'm playing games or even when I'm just on the Seemingly Random BSOD error 0x00000124 desktop Eventually my PC will freeze up displaying a solid block of colour not the BSOD screen sometimes with lines of pixels Seemingly Random BSOD error 0x00000124 going across I've attached my latest dmp file It's worth noting that when the screen freezes up even though I can't see what is going on applications on windows remain running for a bit I know this because when the screen Seemingly Random BSOD error 0x00000124 freezes I can still talk to people on Skype Eventually though there is a loud buzzing sound and windows shuts itself down I never actually see the BSOD because my monitor remains corrupted Things I have tried to fix the issue - A different monitor - Ended up seeing the exact same random graphical glitches on the monitor though don't remember whether it ever got to the point of crashing my PC - Switching from a HDMI to DVI cable and back neither improved the monitors flickering - Running on integrated graphics fixed the problem thus leading me to suspect the GPU - Sent the GPU back to the company where I bought the PC ADMI and they sent it back saying 'no faults were found' with the GPU after sending it to their technical team -Also I'm certain my diplay drivers are installed correctly I'm using the Catalyst omega drivers from AMD and have also tried the newer beta drivers but they didn't help the problem - I've disabled all types of hardware acceleration I can since I've heard it can caus issues with AMD GPU's - I've run memtest getting passes with no errors -I've monitored my PC temperatures I'm sure my GPU isn't overheating most of the time keeping below even when playing intensive games -I've previously done a clean install of windows Things to note- The first time my PC ever BSOD was when I first used my newer ben q monitor though I remember seeing some graphical corruption in my old monitor it never BSOD Whatever I do I can't seem to reproduce the flickering it really does seem to be at random times When I see one flicker it'll happen regularly for a while till it just stops Nor can I reproduce the BSOD I'm really stumped about how to fix this issue It's be really kind of someone to help me out

A:Seemingly Random BSOD error 0x00000124

It is a stop ox124, which is supposed to be a hardware error, but it may be anything and everything associated with the computer. And it requires a lot of tests to determine which is failing actually.
Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80082de038, 0, 0}

---------
Please follow Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try .... Take the tests from the beginning, one by one.

Let us know about your advancements, also let us know for any questions about the tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363113-seemingly-random-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have been getting random BSOD's and have no real idea of the cause, would very much appreciate any assistance that can be given here.

This is a newly build computer and not even 3 weeks old, I believe I am running all the latest drivers as I have used driver magician to get the one's I was missing.

A:BSOD at random interval's, error 0x00000124

Your Windows installation is counterfeit, you need to format and activate Windows using a legitimate product key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303500-bsod-random-intervals-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm getting a BSOD frequently, though quite often Windows simply freezes until I hard reboot it too. I suspect driver issues, but I'm a bit clueless in such things, please help!

A:Random intermittent BSOD, Error 0x00000124

Welcome to SF Wilhelm .

None of the bug checks you uploaded are 0x124, but rather they are all 0x7E (0x1000007E).
They are consistently due to an out dated driver.

Code:
Product Type Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtl8192se.sys

Code:
lmvm rtl8192se
Browse full module list
start end module name
fffff880`03c32000 fffff880`03d39000 rtl8192se T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: rtl8192se.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\rtl8192se.sys
Image name: rtl8192se.sys
Browse all global symbols functions data
Timestamp: Wed Aug 19 03:49:25 2009
Driver Reference Table - rtl8192se.sys

Description Version Update File Size DownloadWindows driver auto installation program (support Windows 7) 2021.0.0203.2012 2012/5/17 26771k Choose a server

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314362-random-intermittent-bsod-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everybody I've been browsing this forum in the past but decided to make an account today I need help with a BSOD that I've started getting a few times This error arises only when playing MW BSOD Random while error 0x00000124 MW2, playing ONLY and that too randomly At Random BSOD while playing MW2, error 0x00000124 other times I play mw without any problem whatsoever Other more taxing games and benchmarks run perfectly Random BSOD while playing MW2, error 0x00000124 fine eg Random BSOD while playing MW2, error 0x00000124 Crysis Bad Company Unigine Heaven Benchmark Alien vs Predator Benchmark and nearly every other game I have CPU is overclocked at Ghz with max temps to C is p stable checked atleast for an hour GSkill GB Rams are at stock Mhz GPU clocks are at stock Using latest Nvidia drivers Nearly every component is relatively new only months old Attached are the dump files and perfmon html files as outlined in the sticky BSOD thread Really appreciate if anybody could help identifying the cause I just hope it's not faulty hardware I can play more taxing games without any problem Heck I even played Battlefield Alpha trial without any problem Thanks alot in advance

A:Random BSOD while playing MW2, error 0x00000124

Seems to be caused by your CPU being unstable
This is a hardware error

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8009bc8028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be200000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000000005110a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_NAME: iw4mp.dat

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0336ca58 fffff800`033f1903 : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09bc8028 00000000`be200000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0336ca60 fffff800`02f89293 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`09bc9d30 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09bc9d80 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0336caa0 fffff800`033f15c8 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`09bc9d30 fffff880`0336ce30 fffff880`0336ce00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0336cb00 fffff800`033f0f1a : fffffa80`09bc9d30 fffff880`0336ce30 fffffa80`09bc9d30 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0336cc50 fffff800`033f0dd5 : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0336ceb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0336cc90 fffff800`033e4e88 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`000002bc 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0336ccc0 fffff800`02e71e6c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0336ccf0 fffff800`02e71cd3 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0336ce30 00000000`76cc0aa4 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
00000000`0e2ffed4 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x76cc0aa4

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184027-random-bsod-while-playing-mw2-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys,

I built my first computer about 2 weeks ago. These are the specs.

CPU: AMED Athlon II 651k Black Edition
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2 A55 AMD FM1
SSD: Corsair 60GB Nova 2
RAM: 8GB 2x4GB Kingston 1600mhz hyper-X CL9
GPU: XFX HD 5450 heatsink 1GB DDR3 low profile

The power supply was a super cheap one included with the case, I thought that could be my problem but I changed it for a 400w antec unit and the problem still exists.

The stop code is 0x00000124

The crash dump file is here:
NEW LINK: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17759600/09...20-%20Copy.zip

Any help would be appreciated as at this moment, i do not know what to do..

Thanks!

A:Random BSOD Error - 0x00000124 - becoming more and more frequent

Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Welcome and go through this for your bugcheck:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254678-random-bsod-error-0x00000124-becoming-more-more-frequent.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
The first BSOD was with 0x00000101 but that one has no minidump file saved.
After a couple of hours I experienced BSOD with error 0X00000124 without knowing where to search.
I've already run Prime95 like 30 minutes in hardes test, memtest86 with 1 pass without errors.
I even try to run some versions of Linux LiveCD, none of them work.
Help will be appreciated.
Thank you!
PS: I attached files for debug.

A:BSOD error 0x00000124 random and when idle

Anyone help?
I've run sfc /scannow and did not find any errors...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354655-bsod-error-0x00000124-random-when-idle.html
Relevancy 81.7%

hi, i have not changed any hardware recently however i am reciving the 0x00000124 error code. i have reinstalled windows, run system recovers, reinstalled drivers, updates and rolled back my BIOS, swapped my graphics card, kept an eye on the temperature of CPU and GPU, the system is in no way overclocked, and i cant think of where to go from here.

i have run prime95, 3dmark with no BSOD

the crash happens at random times i cant pin it down to specific events, my specs are;

windows 7 sp1 home 64 bit
i5 4460
evga 760 gtx
asus maximus vii ranger
16 GB corsair ram

thanks for you help and time

Relevancy 81.7%

Hello this is my first post so I hope I'm doing it correctly I get BSODs frequently maybe once or twice a week but I can't seem to relate them to anything in particular Sometimes it happens browsing sometimes after I error when gaming, BSOD, Random 0x00000124 usually play some games I can't see a specific pattern I've noticed that sometimes the audio freezes and starts looping the same quot frame quot over and over and then the BSOD appears Another strange thing is that my computer doesn't restart when the BSOD happens I've uploaded some files but they Random BSOD, usually when gaming, error 0x00000124 have older BSOD dumps as well The relevant BSOD dumps are the most recent since October I had a problem a while back that made BSODs happen almost once a day but I found it was a combination of faulty RAM and using RAM from different manufacturers That issue should be solved now My biggest fear is that the culprit turns out to be my GPU I hope I don't need to replace it That's just a wild guess though Hope you can help me Thanks

A:Random BSOD, usually when gaming, error 0x00000124

Debugging Analysis:

Code:
BugCheck 124, {4, fffffa8007ae8038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel
The first parameter indicates that the error was sourced from your PCIe bus, therefore it is most likely associated with this type of bus or a device connected to it.

Code:
7: kd> !errrec fffffa8007ae8038
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8007ae8038
Record Id : 01cee18371d6b18f
Length : 672
Notify Type : PCI Express Error
Timestamp : 11/15/2013 1:12:43 (UTC)

Section 0 : PCI Express
Descriptor @ fffffa8007ae80b8
Section @ fffffa8007ae8148
Offset : 272
Length : 208
Severity : Recoverable

Port Type : Root Port
Version : 1.1
Command/Status: 0x4010/0x0507
Device Id :
VenId:DevId : 8086:340e <-- Device
Class code : 030400
Function No : 0x00
Device No : 0x07
Segment : 0x0000
Primary Bus : 0x00
Second. Bus : 0x00
Slot : 0x0000
Dev. Serial # : 0000000000000000
Express Capability Information @ fffffa8007ae817c
Device Caps : 00008021 Role-Based Error Reporting: 1
Device Ctl : 0107 ur FE NF CE
Dev Status : 0003 ur fe NF CE
Root Ctl : 0008 fs nfs cs

AER Information @ fffffa8007ae81b8
Uncorrectable Error Status : 00014000 ur ecrc mtlp rof UC ca CTO fcp ptlp sd dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Mask : 00000000 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca cto fcp ptlp sd dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Severity : 00062010 ur ecrc MTLP ROF uc ca cto FCP ptlp sd DLP und <-- These are our important flags
Correctable Error Status : 00002000 ADV rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Correctable Error Mask : 00000000 adv rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Caps & Control : 0000000e ecrcchken ecrcchkcap ecrcgenen ecrcgencap FEP
Header Log : 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 <-- Contains the Header for TLP error
Root Error Command : 00000000 fen nfen cen
Root Error Status : 00000000 MSG# 00 fer nfer fuf mur ur mcr cer
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00

Section 1 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8007ae8100
Section @ fffffa8007ae8218
Offset : 480
Severity : Informational

CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000007
The most relevant part here is the AER (PCI Express Advanced Error Reporting), it's been a while since I've had a Stop 0x124 with a PCI/PCIe slot being the source of the problem.

MTLP seems to point to malformed transaction layer packet (TLP). This layer is used for accepted and sending TLPs, which are messages used for I/O and memory reads and writes. The Header log contains the TLP Header which is 32-bits long or 4 bytes. I believe this packet is empty with no data present.

A malformed TLP being received, should mean that no receivers should update their flow information. I'm guessing a receiver did in fact update their flow information leading to the other error below.

ROF is a receiver overflow, reading the specifications, it seems that a TLP packet is consuming more than the specified amount of control flow credit. I believe the credit system is a way of controlling TLPs and their buffer sizes.

FC... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311739-random-bsod-usually-when-gaming-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,
I need your help, got startup problem like in title. Computer works, but when I tried to reboot, the BSOD comes out and I must start system using my backup file. Please help or comments. I don't know how to change that driver file or disable it. I think it may works..
Thx for everything

A:BSOD when start windows, error 0x0000006b,caused by driver ntoskrnl.ex

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286770-bsod-when-start-windows-error-0x0000006b-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-ex.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, bought my pc a few days and apparently something came defective, I'm having these BSOD error 0x00000124 constantly, sometimes, when it occurs, the pc does not start anymore, is
appearing BSOD whenever I try to start or even freezes the bios boot screen, or else the monitor does not detect the video signal, thought to be sofware problem, then formatted the pc and
not installed the drivers, only the network driver and the GPU, and the error continues, now suspect that be the motherboard.

The files are SF_Diagnostic_Tool when I had not updated the bios yet, but already updated and errors continue.

Sorry about my google translator english.

A:Random BSOD error 0x00000124 and boot freezing

Hello Leandrob02 and welcome to the Forums,

All dump files point to the following cause;

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800d4c2028, b2000000, 100402}

---------
Usual cause: Fatal hardware error.
More info Bug check 0x124.

Please preform the following hardware scans;

Stress test the CPU with IntelBurnTest.

Note
When IntelBurnTest has crashed your system, please continue by following the BSOD posting instructions.

----------

Stress test the CPU with Prime95.

Tip
Be sure to keep an eye on your temperatures when running these tests, especially the Large FFTs. We recommend the free utility Speedfan.

Note
As with all hardware tests, Prime95 is not fail-safe. If the test passes for 2 hours with no errors, it is most likely to be stable. Unfortunately, it sometimes makes mistakes and gives a clean bill of health to faulty hardware.

Note
When Prime95 has crashed your system, please continue by following the BSOD posting instructions.

----------

Stress test the graphics card using Furmark GPU Stress Test.

Information
During the test please check the screen for artifacts.
The purpose of this test is to make your machine crash and create dump files so that we can pinpoint the cause of your problem.

Tip
Please run Furmark once when your machine has just started, and once again when your machine has been active for several hours.
Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305837-random-bsod-error-0x00000124-boot-freezing.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello I'm having a problem with my computer I built it error 7 Random Crash, Windows BSOD 0x00000124 myself and overclocked it not too long ago maybe about - months ago It passed all the stress tests fine when I overclocked and it was running great but after about weeks later it started to bluescreen once in a while and since then it's been BSOD Random Windows 7 Crash, error 0x00000124 bluescreen I noticed that when it's cooler in my room it doesn't bluescreen as often but usually it bluescreens ones a day Before it displays the BSOD it freezes for about - seconds then BOSD shows BSOD Random Windows 7 Crash, error 0x00000124 up Now for some reason its not creating the error log in minidump folder I even have the correct settings but it still doesn't create the logs So I decided to take a picture with my cell phone It does blue screen even if I'm not playing any games I'm using h water cooler and I got i K overclocked to Any ideas Please help because I cannot figure out what the problem is Thank you in advance

A:BSOD Random Windows 7 Crash, error 0x00000124

The stop code 0x124 is normally indicative of hardware failure, there is not much information that it provides, but I can tell you right now from the sounds of things it is being caused by your overclocking and is likely crashing so hard that it does not have time to generate the needed dump files. Chances are all you need to do is stop over clocking and return your system to its normal speeds to rid yourself of this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283266-bsod-random-windows-7-crash-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey all,

I've been getting random BSODs on my home-built computer but haven't been able to determine the source. I found out my PSU was bad a few months ago and replaced it, but it still hasn't stopped the BSODs. It seems to happen mainly while I'm playing games, but it has happened once or twice while browsing as well. The error code reads 0x00000124 and at this point is no longer rebooting my computer automatically, even though autoreboot is enabled. Attached is the SF Diagnostic folder, thanks in advance for any help you all can give.

Edit: Corrected the filename - that must have flown past my head.

Also - There is no overclocking, nor heating issues. I have the current SP for Win7. I also have cleaned and reseated all jumpers and connections, also replaced the PSU as it was causing a no-power issue a month or so ago. Dump files before December may relate to voltage issues.

A:Random BSOD - error 0x00000124 primarily during gaming

Hi holodomor,

Please can you add your systems specs to your profile? Here's how:

System Info - See Your System Specs

Quote:
3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8007d19028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b6002000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 00000000c0000135, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STAT

Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 0)
Address : 0x000000010b5d0900
Misc. : 0x0000000000000000
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

A 0x124 error is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor.
I suspect this is CPU-related, and issues with L1 cache (or possibly the BIOS or the motherboard)

Also update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.

Quote:
3: kd> !sysinfo smbios
[SMBIOS Data Tables v2.6]
[DMI Version - 0]
[2.0 Calling Convention - No]
[Table Size - 2273 bytes]
[BIOS Information (Type 0) - Length 24 - Handle 0000h]
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Version 1005
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 08/24/2010
BIOS ROM Size 100000

Please download and run speedfan, (click on link that reads "speedfan 4.47"):

Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

and post a snapshot of the temps that the processor is running.

Please update the following driver from your manufacturers web-site as it is outdated:

Quote:
athur Atheros AR9271 Wireless Network Adapter Service 10/11/2010 5:10:57 AM

I also noticed:

Quote:
Your last 13 crashes relate to lolClient.exe which is a part of Leauge of Legends game.

It is not needed to play the game, please disable it before you lauch the game
referring to this guide:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1086230

If you have patched the game recently, i suggest you uninstall the patch
or re-install the game itself if problem persists or if you no longer use the game..uninstall.

Post back any developments

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277143-random-bsod-error-0x00000124-primarily-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 80.84%

So here's my story I built my computer about years ago A few months after building it I got a BSOD I didn't think much of it just carried on Then I got another one a few months later I formatted and they seemed to be better though I did get another a few more months later About a year or so ago I formatted again hoping to be rid of them but I haven't been I was told over on the PCHelpForums that it could be over heating So I bought a Corsair H i water cooler and my temps have been low now but I'm still getting blue screens I was told it could be my ram or graphics card so I tested my ram individually each stick and they passed all the tests I did an intense graphics test on my GPU and left it for an hour It got very very frequently, Happening error Random BSOD's 0x00000124 hot up to c I believe but no BSOD after an hour I stopped it They have been getting more frequent I got about a dozen this year already in one day I don't have all of those logs but I do have the most recent They all say Random BSOD's Happening frequently, error 0x00000124 the same exact thing hal dll a b ntoskrnl exe c b x The thing is I at first thought it was from recording my games But they can happen when I'm playing GTA and not recording Playing Minecraft and not recording I have even had one randomly happen while on google chrome But the strange thing is it's not an every time thing I played for hours a few days ago with some friends on GTA and nothing but I got one another time while playing GTA only hours in I really need help I make youtube videos for my quot job quot right now and I can't be loosing my videos or data PCHelpForum directed me to this site Yes I have all my windows updates all my Bios updates all my Nvidia updates All of that is installed Norton says I have no viruses after running a full system scan I'm out of ideas right now One more thing My CPU is overclocked right now and before you go AHhhh It doesn't over heat with the water cooler on it I have a live temp running when my computer is on I overclocked it below what was intended as it is the k series Intel says it can go up to I have it at And I have no problems with it most of the time And the biggest thing I was getting these BSOD's of the same exact everything before I overclocked Same Address Same Bug code and Same Parameters I over clocked using the built in system with my BIOS and I believe that is not the reason for these BSOD's Thank you for your help and please help quickly

A:Random BSOD's Happening frequently, error 0x00000124

Hello and welcome HLL seems like you have a hardware problem and likely to be a hard drive or CPU one from what I have seen.
Now for starters mate run these in safe mode if necessary (if you haven't already)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

if no go please run these

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

Now if you are worried re losing your data then back up now - just in case I use this as I like images rather than straight data back up
Imaging with free Macrium

I think you should also test the hard drive and one to use is this SeaTools for Windows | Seagate

if things do go pear shaped then there is another way of getting the data back but lets try this lot first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370864-random-bsods-happening-frequently-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Here is what I have so far I've been trying to figure this out as I go so I'm not sure what information I provide is isn't important SF Diagnostic to follow BSOD happens anywhere from start up to after hours of intensive use although it happens more frequently as use intensifies I have checked all drivers detached all nonessential hardware replaced avast antivirus with Microsoft security essentials moved reseated memory and installed custom CPU fan all to no avail When I check the error in Windbg with errrec the details always come up that there is a BSOD error times at 0x00000124 daily, random cache read write error in bank regardless of the processor core or BSOD at random times daily, error 0x00000124 process name I suspect the processor may be faulty but I want to make sure before I send it back to Intel Running their processor diagnostic tool results in either a pass or a crash but the system crashes so frequently I can't be certain the test has anything to do with it

A:BSOD at random times daily, error 0x00000124

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8009b0e028, fe200000, 21136}

---------
Does the IPDT Full Functional test pass? Try an alternate CPU test:
CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

If it passes, check your RAM:

You MUST run a minimum of 8 passes with MemTest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322997-bsod-random-times-daily-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I've just returned from my holidays and my snap") by ntoskrnl.exe, random also Chrome ("Oh caused crashes BSOD computer startet to behave rather weird First things I noticed was random quot oh snap quot -errors in Google Chrome I updated Flash Player tried a new Chrome profile and even reinstalled Chrome but nothing helped Tonight I had the first bluescreen while running a backup to my NAS A few minutes ago I had a second BSOD this time while scanning the computer for malware with Spybot Search amp Destroy BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe, also random Chrome crashes ("Oh snap") I checked the MiniDumps with BlueScreenView which indicated that they were caused by ntoskrnl exe I have BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe, also random Chrome crashes ("Oh snap") no idea BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe, also random Chrome crashes ("Oh snap") if the Chrome errors and the bluescreens are related or if this is just coincidence I didn't change any hardware or software lately apart from windows and software updates My hardware i k Gigabyte Z X-U DH GB DDR Memory ASUS GTX Samsung SSD GB WD Black TB WD Green TB Asus Xonar soundcard Antivirus is Avast which I have been using for years now My CPU is oced to GHz but worked stable like this for more than two years now and wasn't using its full boost at the time of the bluescreens If you need further information please request it Any help is much appreciated Thank you Regards Gerrit

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe, also random Chrome crashes ("Oh snap")

Welcome to 7F, let's see if we can get you back up and running.

ONE

ATHEROS NIC DRIVER

Your Atheros NIC driver has been flagged. It's pretty old and could do with updating, check here for an updated version.
Code:
fffff800`00b99270 fffff880`056503dcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\L1C62x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1C62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1C62x64.sys
L1C62x64+0x73dc

0: kd> lmvm L1C62x64
start end module name
fffff880`05649000 fffff880`0566b000 L1C62x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: L1C62x64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\L1C62x64.sys
Image name: L1C62x64.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 16 07:56:44 2013 (51E4EEAC)
CheckSum: 0002912C
ImageSize: 00022000

TWO

NVIDIA DRIVER

You've also received a 0x116 VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection Recovery), this could be a problem with the driver for your GPU, power to the card, heat or a bad card amongst other things.
Let's start by replacing your driver. Download the latest driver for your card from here and follow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems for the cleanest possible install.
Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8009996010, fffff88004990978, ffffffffc00000b5, a}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+13e978 )

3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04852000 fffff880`05264000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Thu Feb 05 18:01:37 2015 (54D3B001)
CheckSum: 009D4DDE
ImageSize: 00A12000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368797-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-also-random-chrome-crashes-oh-snap.html
Relevancy 79.98%

My computer used to show the BSOD occasionally when using Adobe Bridge or Photoshop. In the last couple of weeks it is happening so frequently as to make those programs unusable. It can also happen seemingly at random with other programs, although less computer intensive programs run fine.

I get an "Uncorrectable hardware error" with error code 0x00000124. I've run MDSCHED to check the memory but it shows no issues. The computer works fine in Safe Mode.

I would be grateful if anyone could offer assistance.

A:Frequent random BSOD with error 0x00000124 using Abobe products

Hi Karadog

I presume you have the P8P67 DELUXE motherboard

Your BIOS is outdated ... running at version 1503.

Please upgrade it to Version 3602.. This has lots of stability fixes and other improvements.

Please update and then let me know if it BSOD's

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298498-frequent-random-bsod-error-0x00000124-using-abobe-products.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Very frustrated here. Persistent random BSOD's when streaming video or gaming. Local repair shop ran diagnostics on all hardware, said everything checked out fine on stress tests. Have upgraded video card thinking that might be the culprit, to no avail. Did a fresh install of Win 7, to no avail.

Please help, I'm out of my depth at this point.

A:Random BSOD only when playing video or gaming, error 0x00000124

Hi lynesjc,

Looks like you may have a hardware related issue:

Quote:
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Quote:
Descriptor @ fffffa8005266148
Section @ fffffa80052662d0
Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 0)
Address : 0x0000000026c5d900
Misc. : 0x0000000000000000
Descriptor @ fffffa80052660b8
Section @ fffffa8005266190
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Data Read
Level : 1
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100f43
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Looks like you may have a problem with either your L1 cache or Processor.

This error does not always indicate a failure in the processor, it can be caused by problems with the BIOS or system drivers. But as you can see from Section 0 that this was a failure during a read operation of the L1 processor cache.

Checked your BIOS and it is up-to-date according to your manufacture.

Quote:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=M4A785TD-V+EVO&os=29

Quote:
[BIOS Information (Type 0) - Length 24 - Handle 0000h]
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Version 2105
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 07/23/2010
BIOS ROM Size 100000

Outdated driver:

fffff880`047d9000 fffff880`047e1000 SSPORT SSPORT.sys Fri Aug 12 00:07:32 2005 (42FBDA34)

Refers to: Samsung printer driver, driver can be found here:

Quote:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

If you no longer use Samsung Printer let me know and I will show you how to delete the driver.

We need to stress test your processor which will help determine whether a hardware issue exists.

Follow the tutorial and download the correct Prime95 for your system, found here:

Quote:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/100352-hardware-stress-test-prime95.html

Check back with any results

Cheers
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279146-random-bsod-only-when-playing-video-gaming-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi, these bluescreens and random crashes started about 1 month ago while playing games or when using chrome, ie, firefox. I have located this error with BlueScreenView.exe and like the topic says the thing causing these crashes is ntoskrnl.exe+4ade0c and the bug check code is 0x00000124.

I visited and "fixed" my pc at the local store witch i used to purchase my current pc from, every problem i've had, they have fixed it except this one. They just don't know how to fix it or don't know what the problem is.

Tried to fix pc via installing dvd, it recognized the problem somehow saying the error is something called 1035 but thats it, even my windows installing dvd cant help me this time. any help?
and i attached this minidump rar to this thread.

A:Random windows 7 crashes, ntoskrnl.exe+4ade0c, 0x00000124, 1035.

OK so took a look at the files you provided, and right off the bat I should inform you that a 0x124 error is 9 times out of 10 a hardware problem. looking at the error record we can see that the error its self is a Bus error and in my experience this points to either a CPU failure or a mother board failure, however it could also be overheating or a BIOS bug.

Code:
kd> !errrec fffffa8007e7f6a8
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8007e7f6a8
Record Id : 01ce5dd4a5d37641
Length : 928
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/31/2013 7:58:41 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Descriptor @ fffffa8007e7f728
Section @ fffffa8007e7f800

Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100f43
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8007e7f770
Section @ fffffa8007e7f8c0
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : 43 0f 10 00 00 08 04 00 - 09 20 80 00 ff fb 8b 17

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8007e7f8c0

Descriptor @ fffffa8007e7f7b8
Section @ fffffa8007e7f940

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)
So to start if you are overclocking anything please stop, over clocking pushes hardware beyond its limmits and can often cause these kind of errors.

Next please download one of the following tools to monitor system temperatures:

HWinfo
CPU Z <- this one is for the CUP only and will not monitor any other components temperatures.

Once you have one of those installed plead download and run the following CPU stress test:

Free Software - GIMPS

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Large FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Keep an eye on your temperatures and report them here when the test is done/ when it crashes or starts to throw errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291998-random-windows-7-crashes-ntoskrnl-exe-4ade0c-0x00000124-1035-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello and thank you for your help.

I have been receiving a lot of crashes lately. Thought it was the HD so replaced it. Still happening.

I have 3 cards in my system; GTX560ti for graphics, Firewire card for Steinberg MR816csx audio interface, and and UAD-2 processing card for audio plugins.

I thought it was a conflict with my devices and tried to smooth them all out, then I got this last error which is new.

Any ideas?

thanks you in advance!

Kurt

A:BSOD using Cubase 7, Error:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75

I have a studio using Sonar X2. I used to have a firewire device (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40) but had issues with it and replaced it with a USB connected Roland Octa-Capture (and a backup MAudio Fastrack Ultra 8R).

I didn't look at your zip file, but the APC Index Mismatch is GENERALLY a driver issue. Did it work OK (never crash) and recently start? or has it always had crash problems?

If it is a recent problem, what has been recently updated? Especially hardware drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295415-bsod-using-cubase-7-error-apc_index_mismatch-address-ntoskrnl-exe-75-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I keep having problems with a handful of chosen events. For example when I try and play Minecraft I can play fine for about a few seconds but then I blue screen. Also, when I am viewing a game trailer on Steam I crash.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387003-bsod-bug-report-0x00000124-caused-driver-hal-dll.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi Wondering having too much BlueScreen at my Windows After Installing the New OS Past about Week a Ago I must add this statement which i even have BSOD during watiching Youtube forExample No Heavy Process The Common Reason watching BlueScreenView is Hal dll and ntoskrnl exe x As i searched about these days it caused by drivers mostly but i do have most updated drivers Run the Intel Update Program Noting is needed to Update Now im posting this there is just a SM Bus Drivers Listed warning 0x00000124 BSOD [ntoskrnl.exe] [hal.dll] in Device Manager outdated but i did update that before but when i Did a Restore Point BSOD 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe] again Gone on a Warning Section Also Some Drivers Are OutDated Like The Picture Below I will Update them all Specification MainBoard Asus z - Deluxe VGA MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz CPU Intel Core i K GHz OS Windows Pro -bit In Searches i had it came a common problem in asusz and intel isnt The LOG is Uploaded and Attached thanks for Response hope it will be Ok

A:BSOD 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe]

Code:
7: kd> .bugcheck
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 ffffe001`2639b470 ffffd000`c6daa960 ffffe001`28470bc0

7: kd> !devstack ffffe0012639b470
!DevObj !DrvObj !DevExt ObjectName
ffffe00128c2f050 \Driver\pctNdisMP ffffe00128c2f1a0 InfoMask field not found for _OBJECT_HEADER at ffffe00128c2f020

> ffffe0012639b470 \Driver\PnpManager 00000000 Cannot read info offset from nt!ObpInfoMaskToOffset

!DevNode ffffe0012639a010 :
DeviceInst is "ROOT\S4E_PCTNDISMP\0005"
ServiceName is "pctNdisMP"

7: kd> lmvm pctNdis64
start end module name
fffff801`18c00000 fffff801`18c16000 pctNdis64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: pctNdis64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pctNdis64.sys
Image name: pctNdis64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 07 22:37:30 2010 (4C34F39A)
CheckSum: 0001D422
ImageSize: 00016000

Your PC Tools internet security driver is almost 5 years old, bound to cause problems.
I suggest you remove the internet security package altogether.

Code:
Descriptor @ ffffe000be7f2138
Section @ ffffe000be7f22c0

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 1)
Address : 0x00000001a8cb2a00

+0x000 McaErrorCode : 0x124 // 0000 0001 0010 0100

A generic write error on the level 0 cache of processor #3, memory bank 1.
This is consistent in this specific memory bank, menaing it's almost certainly a failing CPU.
If it's under warranty then now is the time to RMA it.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62500-bsod-0x00000124-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html