Windows Support Forum

media server software disabling pci-e slots

Q: media server software disabling pci-e slots

Hi there i've got a strange problem was hoping someone could help me Any media server software i install xmbc serviio nero media slots disabling pci-e server media software home plex on my windows system makes my pcie slots non functional and my graphics card completely undiscoverable even in my bios though there is still power going through it because the fans are running The slot and my card work until my system is rebooted after installing the software and every media server software disabling pci-e slots time i uninstall the software my graphics card works again Im thinking its doing something to the pcie slots ive tried my card in all on my mobo with the same result also tried with an older graphics card i have still with no love Ive installed latest drivers for my mobo and graphics card and that didnt work either My mobo does have onboard graphics which ive found out works so have been switching one of my monitors to that and then trying to figure out whats wrong with my pc Ive also noticed after switching to the onboard graphics if i reboot with the one monitor still connected to the onboard my graphics card is recognised and my other two monitors come on Then i can put the monitor connected to the onboard back onto my graphics card and it will work again untill i power down the system then it wont work agian when i start back up I hope that make sense I have no idea whats going on any help would be awsome my system-windows home premium motherboard- asrock professional z gpu- AMD - the other card i tried was an AMD processor- intell i k psu- enermax revolution watt ram- x GB g skill ripjaws ddr mghz

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: media server software disabling pci-e slots

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: media server software disabling pci-e slots

Ment to mention, the media server software dosnt work after a couple of reboots either.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541006/media-server-software-disabling-pci-e-slots/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there Firstly I would like Media Software Server to say sorry if this is in the wrong area as I am not to sure where it should be Anyway I have a average custom built pc i am using as a server to host games such as Call of Duty Unreal and lots more It also hosts a Web server For file downloading Please bare in mind this is all for local LAN use and not Media Server Software on the internet The Specs are Intel Core Duo E x GB DDR Mhz Memory ATX Tower Case With w PSU Intel G amp ICH Chipset Motherboard GB western digital SATA drive rpm Windows Ultimate Bit Now on to my question I would also like to use this as a media server for my movie and film collection I am thinking of investing in a RAID card and x Tb hard drives So i have a little redundancy I want Media Server Software to stream the media to PC s Laptops and TV s throughout my house I have the network infrastructure already setup for this The question is about software to use In the past I have used Windows Media Player and Center but these are quite limited as to what they can do I recently heard about Windows Home Server and was wondering what peoples thoughts where to this It has a decent list of useful features I would plan to use this is an virtual environment on the current server What are your thoughts on this Or my other option would be to use software like TVersity I have tried it before but didn t have much luck in the past Or can anyone recommend another way of doing this I e different software ect Anything i have missed out please ask Thanks you Spud nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

hi everyone,

i have all my music and what not on my PC, but i want to stream it to my PS3. i am currently using "simple centre" the free edition BUT its very awkward as ps3's only play .mp3's whereas all my music is in .aac

i noticed the paid version of simple centre handles the encoding of songs it to whatever format you want, but id rather not buy a media centre program anyone know of any good free ones that will be able to handle the encoding automatically for me?
thanks in advance

A:Solved: Media server software

doesnt matter ive just discovered my PS3 can handle aac and lossless now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-media-server-software.772388/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there,
i've got a strange problem for you all out there, was hoping someone might be able to help me.
Any media server software i install (xmbc, serviio, nero media home, plex) on my windows 7 system makes my graphics card non functional, its completely undiscoverable, even in my bios, though it is still running? it works until my system is rebooted and every time i uninstall any of the above software my graphics card magicaly works again.
im thinking it doing something to the pcie slot, ive tried my card in all 3 on my mobo with the same result, i dont have another pcie device to test if its my graphics card. its frekin annoying!!!!
i have no idea whats going on, any help would be amazing.

my system-
windows 7 home premium
asrock professional z77 mobo
ati 7970 graphics
intell i5 3570k processor

A:media server software interferes with graphics card

So, you have to use onboard graphics?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-server-software-interferes-with-graphics-card-858345.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hiding Media card slots in Explorer, any body know how its done?,
obviously I want them to come on when media is inserted but I want them hidden when their empty.

A:Hiding Media card slots in Explorer

Hello Joe,

You could use the tutorial below to set empty drives to be hidden. When you insert a media card, the drive will then appear.

Drives - Hide or Show Empty Drives in Computer Folder

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/174062-hiding-media-card-slots-explorer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I tried to copy pictures from my camera SD card and when I plugged it in nothing happened There are removeable media slots that used to be listed in My Computer and none of them are there now If I put the SD card in the slot and re-boot it will appear and work properly but My removeable Computer. not showing slots My in are media none of the others show up They are all listed in device manager under Disk Drives but in Storage volumes which ever ones were not plugged in when it was booted have a yellow exclamation mark They all say quot This device cannot start Code quot I hate to reboot every time I want to use the slots any ideas nbsp device manager jpg nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads When this picture was taken the SD card was inserted and working after the most recent boot Otherwise there would have been items in the list of yellow exclamation points It will stay that way until the next boot

A:My removeable media slots are not showing in My Computer.

Try removing them in Device Manager and then reboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250532/my-removeable-media-slots-are-not-showing-in-my-computer/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have USB 3.0 slots in my Dell Laptop. My desktop has a couple of these, too, but also a number that are USB 2.0. The Hauppauge HD-DVR and Media Center remote which work fine when used with USB 2.0 slots don't work in USB 3.0 slots.

Is this a known problem? Are there any solutions?

A:USB 2.0 Media Center devices not working in USB 3.0 slots

Try this, turn off your computer. Install the device into the USB 3.0 port. Boot your computer and see if Windows 7 picks it up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212998-usb-2-0-media-center-devices-not-working-usb-3-0-slots.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently I ran a few applications Belarc PCWizard SIW on an older XP machine to determine ram type amount speed and availability with the intention of slots than Solved: more truly exist... ram Software shows upgrading All programs showed that I had two Mb DDR PC- occupying of available slots and were taken but amp were shown to be free and so I ordered two more of the same to take my existing Mb ram to Gb When I opened my case Solved: Software shows more ram slots than truly exist... however there were in fact only two amp of those slots in existence and both were obviously already full I have since returned both for two replacements I still want my ram increase of course and they ll be arriving any day now Clues A new Foxconn motherboard was recently installed the old mobo had four slots btw It is an older machine with multiple former installations of XP on C and D Hard drives were not reformatted wiped for reinstallation of XP merely partitioned Question Any ideas why all three applications would indicate more slots than there actually were Is it possible that they could pick up old data from former board nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Alright so I m trying to install a network attached server NAS box but before I do that I must disable a TFTP server that the install cd says is running It does not tell me what TFTP server is running though and I really know nothing about Trivial File Transfer Servers to to this? server Disabling TFTP How do a -- figure out how to turn it off If I start up in safe mode with networking will this essentially shut down all TFTP servers not essential to windows operation and allow for a clean install Or will the TFTP server come on again If so how do I find what Disabling a TFTP server -- How to do this? TFTP servers are currently running in order to turn them off for an installation of Disabling a TFTP server -- How to do this? this NAS box I really am not running much of a network -- just a router a Disabling a TFTP server -- How to do this? laptop base computer and a media server on my television When I hook up this NAS box I just connect directly with an ethernet cable from the computer to the box and turn off everything else even the router so I doubt the install cd would be detecting any of that stuff Prior advice on this is here I might suggest using the serial console for debugging exactly what s going on during bootup There are numerous posts to help you but basically you open the top and move the two jumpers near the top inside rear of the motherboard to the up position to switch the UPS serial port to a Serial Console Port Use a Null Modem cable standard PC to PC cable between the YM and your PC Use puTTY or TeraTerm free downloads or HyperTerminal as a Serial Terminal Emulator Set the baud rate to Disconnect any network cables from the YM Power up the YM and watch the ARM BIOS boot messages as well as the Linux boot message scroll by See if there is anything there that might give you a clue to what s going on Click to expand Problem is I have no idea what any of that is and I would probably make things worse by following those instructions Besides it seems too complicated for this problem It seems something simpler would work not requiring me to open my NAS box and flip switches I have never switched in my life Some help would be appreciated I ll paypal this site some cash if someone thinks they can help me out here Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Disabling a TFTP server -- How to do this?

The only place I can imagine the TFTP server running might be the Media Server on the TV. Have you disconnect that device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-a-tftp-server-how-to-do-this.702583/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I use a web accelerator called ExpressLink. When I connect to the Internet the proxy server setting is getting turned on automatically even though it is not necessary when using the accelerator. If I disable the proxy server setting, it usually gets turned on again. I do not have any ISP software installed. How do I keep this from happening? I am using Windows XP Home. Attached find .log file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-the-proxy-server-setting.620832/
Relevancy 52.03%

Fist, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post. If it isn't, I'm sorry.

Second, is there a way to disable the use of themes for WindowsXP Pro for my active directory users?

We have several older computers that would benefit from disabling the theme. The users do not have the permissions to do this themselves. Is there a way to do this via group policy on my domain controler?

Thanks in advance.

PJ

A:Server 2000 disabling themes

Disable the theming service.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-disabling-themes.680210/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I use a web accelerator called ExpressLink. When I connect to the Internet the proxy server setting is getting turned on automatically even though
it is not necessary when using the accelerator. If I disable the proxy server setting, it usually gets turned on again. I do not have any ISP software
installed. I have tried setting my connection to "Never dial a connection." but as soon as the accelerator starts the proxy server setting turns on. How do I keep this from happening? I am using Windows XP Home.

A:Disabling the Proxy Server Setting

The accelerator IS the proxy. The proxy settings probably look like "localhost:8080" or something like that, right? If that's the case, you would need to disable the accelerator, which is probably not something you want to do anyway, so you will need to leave the proxy settings enabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-the-proxy-server-setting.623601/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I am looking for security patch for Win 2008 sp2 server, which i didn't find in Microsoft download kb center.
Is there any other way to disable rc4 in the win 2008 sp2 server?
Let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Atanu

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b048db3b-aec5-48fc-9e9d-7aeca453303d/disabling-rc4-in-windows-2008-sp2-server?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I am a novice networking person and I try to save my company some $ by doing some of the networking tasks at work. An employee recently left and they want to disable her e-mail account as well as Outlook Web Access. They want to keep her active directory account enabled until they transfer her files to another folder on the network. I know I can delete the exchange mailbox, but I cannot see a way to just disable it. What is the best way to disable the exchange acoount and Outlook web access without deleting the excahnge mailbox or is that possioble? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Feral Geek

A:Disabling e-mail through Exchange Server 2003

to disable OWA for a user you can do this -

1. Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
2. If not already select, enable Advanced Features by clicking View | Advanced Features.
3. Expand the nodes until you have located the user of concern.
4. Right-click the user and select Properties.
5. Switch to the Exchange Advanced tab and click the Protocol Settings button.
6. From the Protocols page, click HTTP.
7. From the HTTP Protocols Detail page, deselect the Enable for mailbox setting, as shown in Figure 7.
8. Close out all properties pages and the Active Directory Users and Computers console.

Here is a GREAT link for some other thoughts on ways to make sure they can't access the mailbox.

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid43_gci1119802,00.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-e-mail-through-exchange-server-2003.433009/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all, please I need to disable/stop POP3 server or service in my computer, I am using Windows 2003 Small Business, I've tried to look from Services at the Control Panel but I cant find it. Please help

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-disabling-stoping-pop3-server.504540/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi there. I'm running Win98 and recently got IE6 installed then every time I type in link of any MP3 file it will start streaming in Media Bar on the left hand side.

If I have a link, i will right click. but now i'm accessing directly to the mp3 file on the web.

How can disable it? and I've seen other post saying go the advanced setting but.. I don't see box regarding to disabling media bar in my WIn98.

Please help THanx!

Relevancy 51.17%

Alright my situation relates to tune up pc 2013. Its a special software that allows me to disable drivers, softwares, anything that takes up memory. My problem is some software and applications will not run such as the ability for my computer to read sd cards.

Now my question is how to disable tune up pc? It will not let me close it and I looked everywhere on google about this topic but all I could find is to uninstall it since I still want to keep it on.

A:Disabling software temporarily

As far as I remember (and at least for version 2012) it installs a service and keeps it running all the time. Look in the computer services for tuneup, and you may be able to disable them all. Note that as soon as you run Tuneup again, it will reenable all those again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/279686-disabling-software-temporarily.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an old Dell laptop latitude 433cx with a forgotten user password. In order to disable or change the password I need the setup utility diskette for this unit. Dell cannot seem to find the disk in their archives. Can anyone help me put this machine back into operation? I cannot boot the unit until I provide the proper notebook utilty support diskette which would allow me to change the user password. It will not accept any other diskette. jrubin

A:software for disabling password.

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

What password do you want to disable? Is it the BIOS/CMOS Setup password? If yes, then can you boot to windows without any problems? This is a program called Kill CMOS which could help in disabling the password!

Click here to download Kill CMOS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-for-disabling-password.102597/
Relevancy 50.74%

my windows media center on win7 was working fine, until recently it wont connect to the xbox. I've tried with a vista laptop and that worked perfectly.
I've noticed the extender service keeps disabling when i try to connect to the xbox 360. i get a An error was encountered while configuring your computer for use with this Extender in media center
Ive tried these fixes: http://www.officialwindowsmagazine.com/owm-forum/showthread.php?t=481
Ive tried everything but nothing seems to workD.Bardon

A:media center extender service keeps disabling itself

Event IDs 545 and 536 are both network related. I would suggest creating a new
user with administrative privileges and logging off the existing user and going
to the new user and going thru set up again. this will rule out a corrupt
profile and a few other things.

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:25:31 +0000, dannyb87 wrote:

>Error: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

Barb Bowman
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/252d3f85-ca4d-41b5-adc8-6b9cc7013484/media-center-extender-service-keeps-disabling-itself?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there any way I can completely disable windows media player so that you can't click/select/or right click on a file or dvd drive or anything and be able to play it. A way where I could disable and enable it at anytime I want.
The reason is because my nephew watches movies on my computer with it but he would always pause a movie and leave it that way for hours and hours (while I was away at work). Since the disc was spinning and still being read (paused) for hours on end, after about two months my dvd drive burned out and died. I want him to be able to use my computer while I'm gone but he never listens to me and stop/save whatever movie he's watching like I taught him. So I know it's just a matter of time before this new drive gets cooked again.

Thanks
ghead

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326285/disabling-windows-media-player-completely/
Relevancy 50.74%

EDIT Forgot to mention there is no log because I'm being stopped Malware, Disabling-Software Assist Please from downloading it right now Running up-to-date Win XP with no torrents or limewire anti-virus is Free AVG This is a Dell E in pretty good overall condition These curious problems began when my Avast Pro trial ended and I removed it and downloaded their free version From the point the installation was completed and the program was running the most bizzare things began hindering my computer I tried changing every Avast setting to no avail I then removed Avast Free in hopes of ending Disabling-Software Malware, Please Assist the problems and replaced it with AVG But that failed to correct the problems I'm not sure if this is relevant but on the same day I also updated Java but that didn't seem to alter anything I also tried freeing Disabling-Software Malware, Please Assist up some space on my hardrive but that did nothing as well Disabling-Software Malware, Please Assist First I noticed that Flash seemed to stop functioning in IE to a degree For example when I go to YouTube or Hulu the video window simply doesn't appear same for any Flash-based addon on my iGoogle homepage Some sites tell me to install Flash again I tried but my browser doesn't show the quot download file quot bar beneath my toolbar But it gets wierder I went to any site that simply posted videos for blogs and such this one ended up being VG Cats and a YouTube video was posted and I could see and watch it Odd Among some programs that seem to be disabled are Windows Media Player and System Restore I click on the icons and either nothing happens or SysRestore occasionally appears as a blank-white window Very irritating I also don't seem to be able to update Windows through my browser But I can still play whatever games with no problem or defrag with no problems I ran an AVG scan to detect any threats and it came up with nothing And now I'm actually using another computer to post this as I couldn't register on this forum because that step where you repeat the words was not visible Never before have I dealt with anything like this it's thoroughly frustrating and any help would be very much appreciated Thanks I actually found another way to get the programs necessary to form a log If you must get the other two files to fully rectify this problem I can still try to use a flashdrive method if I'm informed it's necessary DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uStart Page hxxp www google com ig hl en uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon UIHost c windows system logonui exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO EWPBrowseObject Class f e- - e - aaf- bc a a be - c program files canon easy-webprint EWPBrowseLoader dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Easy-WebPrint c -e d- c -aa d- ac baba c - c program files canon easy-webprint Toolband dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B ... Read more

A:Disabling-Software Malware, Please Assist

Hi Stryder12 , welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

To make cleaning this machine easierPlease do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
Please do not run any scans other than those requested
Please follow all instructions in the order posted
All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/disabling-software-malware-please-assist-394147.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I got a virus from a program I tried to run It is slowing down my computer and causing pop-ups to appear It s an extreme annoyance especially because I have to write a paper now so I m desperately trying to get rid of it The problem is that it is disabling all of my Antivirus software In the past if I suspected anything is Virus disabling of software all my antivirus Superantispyware would do the trick immediately Now I cannot update it and any Virus is disabling all of my antivirus software scans I run with it pick up viruses but deleting them never works All antivirus websites are blocked as if redirected in the Hosts file except they aren t in the Hosts file I downloaded Spybot HijackThis Avast and Malwarebytes from download com Spybot ran but didn t do anything Avast will not even install Malwarebytes installs but when it scans it stops halfway and then closes and then uninstalls itself HijackThis will install but when it scans the same thing happens The virus is actually uninstalling my antivirus software and Virus is disabling all of my antivirus software hence I have no HijackThis log I don t have System Restore turned on I don t get pop-ups in Safe Mode but the virus has put web shortcuts on my desktop and a false notification box appeared despite the security of Safe Mode What s going on Thank you in advance it is MUCH appreciated edit RootRepeal also installs but closes when I try to run it edit I ran a Microsoft IE-based scanner and it seemed to be going well until it suddenly closed I tried to open up IE again and now I cannot access it

A:Virus is disabling all of my antivirus software

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257642/virus-is-disabling-all-of-my-antivirus-software/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I am looking for a piece of software that can disable certain applications in Windows. So basically I could block a program like Skype no matter what the user calls it. I need it to be reliable and virus free because it is for a school. I want users to be able to run any program except those listed as banned by the system admin.

Thanks

- JamesAS

A:Software Recommendation For Disabling Programs

You could make a request in Coding Snacks

Please read the rules and instructions before posting. If anyone there knows of a program already existing, they will suggest it. Or they may offer to write one if they think it feasible. Myself I know of no way to detect a program has been renamed and still identify it. Perhaps someone on that forum will though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/306815-software-recommendation-disabling-programs.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am a first time user and joined to seek the answer to my question. I am attempting to upgrade by Adobe Flash version, but in the attempt to install the upgrade, I could not proceed through the screen sequences required. A comment on the screen indicated the installation may require that I first "temporarily disable" my anti-virus (spyware?) software - which I do not know how to do.Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Temporarily Disabling Antivirus Software - How to?

Hi!

Please take a look at this thread here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404663/temporarily-disabling-antivirus-software-how-to/
Relevancy 50.31%

ok so on my router- port Disabling woes forwarding FTP/WEB in server Solved: router i attempted to forward ports to my new ftp and webserver and no matter how i do it it will not redirect i have deleted the built in filters for automatically dropping those connections and i have even tried forwarding a huge range of ports I e - to while i realize that is a huge risk it still did not work what happens is when accessing my external ip on port or then the password box for the router login comes up why is it automatically doing Solved: Disabling FTP/WEB server in router- port forwarding woes this and not forwarding my ports as instructed all computers on the LAN can access my computer without a problem i even tried changing my computers ftp web server to a nonstandard port and also forwarding those but it didn t seem to work either am i missing something the router in question is an RT and i tested it with Bulletproof FTP serv and Savant web serv nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi! Everytime Windows XP starts up, it automatically opens Windows Media Player. I tried researching on how to disable this. I found as much as this:

start up - run - type 'msconfig'- and go to the start up tab.

I've gotten that far. However, under the start up tab's list of files, none of them are obvious to being the one to disable windows media player. I don't want to disable them all either.

Which of these files belongs to Windows Media Player

or

Is there another method to hault WMP from automatic start up?

Relevancy 50.31%

I haven't been able to find any information regarding this anywhere.

I do not use my Wacom tablet more than two or three times a week but I do notice that at windows startup two processes/drivers are loaded...
TabUserW.exe
and Tablet.exe
I am wondering if it is possible to disable these from loading at startup - in the hopes that they will load when I hook up my tablet via USB.

my computer/software specs are below...

thanks in advance

A:disabling Wacom Tablet software at startup

hate answering my own questions but in case someone else is looking for the solution...

from the UK Wacom forum
Go to services and set the startup mode for TabletService to manual. You can later start the service with a shortcut to the command 'net start tabletservice'.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-wacom-tablet-software-at-startup.627630/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there I found this site when trying to figure out what's going on with my laptop and I'm glad I did I'll try to be as detailed as I can about what has been happening but I might not know all the technical wording thanks for your patience Anti-Virus Disabling From Running? What's Software in advance The main problem is something I noticed over the past week or two I started getting annoyed that I couldn't seem to download and install the Windows malicious software removal update released recently Oct I think I didn't really think too much about it until I tried to scan the computer with Avira today It looked like the scan had completed and had found something it wanted to get rid of but before I could see what it was What's Disabling Anti-Virus Software From Running? the program quit without taking any action I tried to restart the scan but the scanner program didn't respond I then tried to download install other antivir programs one by one deactivating others before activating another three in all and no luck I'd get an error saying something about not having the right permissions or the file was gone I did try renaming the exe files and starting them but none of the simple ideas I had got any of the programs to start Not even trying to run the programs after starting up in safe mode worked I still got all the same errors Not sure if this has any connection but I've noticed the start up restart time for the laptop has slowed considerably I did read the sticky on what to do before posting for help but I wasn't able to run any of the copies of the DDS file I would double-click and the black box would pop up for half a second and then shut back down I was able to run the GEMR program though and it's attached Thanks in advance for any help that you might have for me Of course I'll be subscribing to this thread and should be able to respond fairly quickly - I'm on Pacific time California FYI

A:What's Disabling Anti-Virus Software From Running?

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.

Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

and rename it to pacific.exe before saving it to your desktop.

Double click on the renamed ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished it will produce a log at C:\ComboFix.txt for you
Please include the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/whats-disabling-anti-virus-software-from-running-424204.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I've never posted anywhere like this before so I'm not entirely sure what to say but I've heard great things about this forum and I was hoping someone could help me with this really frustrating problem I'm having with my computer About a week or so ago my McAfee scan reported that I had a trojan by my disabling software Something constantly anti-virus is the name of new malware aj At first I was unable to delete it but it eventually allowed itself to be ostensibly destroyed Everything seemed fine for a couple of days but then my McAfee stopped working again A scan didn't reveal the trojan but subsequent other scans TrojanHunter SpyBot etc showed I had a whole host of other problems in addition to this one I've done everything I feel comfortable doing by myself to rectify this problem and nothing's really worked I would be really grateful if someone could help me Here's my HijackThis report thing Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software and I have the Panda scan as well if that would help Thank you so so much in advance and I apologize if I've done anything wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software system svchost Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system atwtusb exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS sm hlpr exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe C Program Files PayPal PayPal Virtual Debit Card PayPalVDC exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA PayPal PAYPAL PPBroker exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files InterMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents an... Read more

A:Something is constantly disabling my anti-virus software

Bump...please and thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/something-is-constantly-disabling-my-anti-virus-software-209978.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Beginning Saturday I am disabling ESQUL? - malware security software not able to update or run AVG Free run HijackThis or use System Restore MS XP Pro Here s the DDS txt file below The DDS attach file and GMER file are attached as per the BleepingComputer guide Thanks so malware disabling security software - ESQUL? much And if you ever need work done on your guitar I owe you Danny Williams DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Danny at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - FW COMODO Firewall enabled A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS malware disabling security software - ESQUL? eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBotted exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM STacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBottedTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Danny Desktop HijackThis HiJackThis unpacked exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Danny Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO AutorunsDisabled - No File BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun WinPatrol c program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot mRun TMRUBottedTray quot c program files trend micro rubotted TMRUBottedTray exe quot mRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osboot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun COMODO Internet Security quot c program files comodo comodo internet security cfp exe quot -h StartupFolder c docume danny startm programs startup hotsyn lnk - c program files palm HOTSYNC EXE mPolicies-system EnableLUA x DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll AppInit DLLs c windows system guard dll IFEO AutorunsDisabled - ntsd -d FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume danny applic mozilla firefox profiles gpebmtj default FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www purple com purple html FF - plugin c documents and settings danny application data facebook npfbplugin dll FF - plugin c program files google google earth plugin npgeplugin dll FF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dll FF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA FF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA FF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA FF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c program files mozilla firefox extensions CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA ... Read more

A:malware disabling security software - ESQUL?

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.extract RKUnhooker to your desktop
Note** it is zipped up in a .rar file - If you do not have a program to unzip this type of file
you can get a free one from here - http://www.7-zip.org/Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have had[/list]Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359158/malware-disabling-security-software-esqul/
Relevancy 50.31%

Security firm Symantec has warned customers to stop using its pcAnywhere software.The company confirmed that "old" source code stolen by a hacking group had exposed vulnerabilities in the remote access program.An advisory note on Symantec's website explained how to minimise risks for customers who used pcAnywhere for "business-critical purposes".Other software from the company is not at a heightened risk, Symantec said.More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16740153

A:Symantec advises disabling pcAnywhere software

Oh well, guess they released some security patch for that pcanywhere code leak and it supposed to be safe to use it now.

What actually seems weird to me is that the pcanywhere code was stolen in 2006 and they only come clean about the whole deal now in 2012, almost six years later.

Since we're speaking about this software program, I came across some news on a new audials anywhere program that will enable one to access files anywhere or something similar to this, as far as I managed to find out.

Looked useful and I wanted to know if it is in any way related to pcanywhere, I definitely do not want to have anything to do with them after this stunt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440062/symantec-advises-disabling-pcanywhere-software/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently bought a Samsung P2 music player. However I am having trouble connecting it to my computer. I plug it into the usb and it runs fine for a few seconds. It is when windows vista tries to install new driver/software that the player stops working and i get a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error. Does anyone know how to fix the problem or at least how to make it so that windows does not install the new driver everytime i plug it in. I have tried going into advanced system settings and set it to never check for drivers when i connect a device, but this didnt stop it from installing the new driver. Thanks

A:Disabling Automatic Driver/Software Installation

You might check the samsung website for a updated driver and install it
manually.
Sounds like windows is loading an incompatable driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-automatic-driver-software-installation.648722/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've just installed a wireless Belkin Print Server and having several problems. There are 3 computers, 2 on Windows 2000 and a lap top on XP. At first 2 of the printers could print fine. Then I downloaded the printdrivers for the HP 6110 on to the 3rd machine. Since then the drivers have been deleted from the other 2 computers - and the download version doesn't work. So now none of the computers can print.

I can reinstall the drivers - but what is to stop this happpening all over again?

The network is wireless (netgear) using BT Broadband. Can any one suggest what I can do to retsore the printer - incidentally after the pc drivers disappeared I checked the lap top and it was fine until it was switched on - it worked once then went teh same way as the others...Can anyone help?

A:Wireless Belkin print server appears to be disabling all the printer drivers

Belkin

Hi,

I was wondering if you have managed to sort your problem out, as I am suffering from excatly the same issue. The help desk of Belkin was not use, as t hey suggested that I go and buy another printer!!

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-belkin-print-server-appears-to-be-disabling-all-the-printer-drivers.18234/
Relevancy 49.88%

can disabling the Network Sharing Serivce in Windows Media Player 11 cause AXWIN Frame Window: svchost.exe Application Errors?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295452/disabling-network-sharing-service-in-windows-media-player-11/
Relevancy 49.88%

well first I noticed tversity was no longer media to server/stream this tv 3d Can LG media No connect morning since longer to my working and showing up on my DLNA list so i tried to restart it but it can no longer connect to the server at all so i Can No longer connect to media server/stream media to my LG 3d tv since this morning tried using windows Can No longer connect to media server/stream media to my LG 3d tv since this morning media player Serviio Plex which is recommend Can No longer connect to media server/stream media to my LG 3d tv since this morning in the actual TV tells me to download it but until today i have never had any trouble finding anything on my TV that i had on the media server like before today the list would populate with windows media player verizon fios by cisco and tversity media server and i could always view thru there but now it doesnt even show up my PC on the TV it only shows the verizon fios and that i cant figure out how to share movies through so i try to check up on tversity and see that it maybe isnt free anymore but just this morning i was using it fine then i get home this evening reboot pc and nothing works anymore I am using windows and trying to access anything with my TV now and it just isnt working but i know NOTHING Has changed just that tversity has stopped working and i cant seem to find anything on the DLNA of the tv when i press input can someone please help me with this i have searched and searched for all kinds of things to try and fix this but it wont seem to work no matter what setting i try to change nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-no-longer-connect-to-media-server-stream-media-to-my-lg-3d-tv-since-this-morning.1058864/
Relevancy 48.59%

I apologize if this help Server. please?? Media not server found DLNA For Any is the wrong forum to post this and if anyone can direct me to the proper forum if any but here goes I found this site in DLNA server not found For Media Server. Any help please?? some searching and I searched the forums So I thought maybe I could use your expertise for some help Heres the problem I am having I am trying to fix some issues with my Media server through my LG smart tv I use verizon fios and my LG tv is able to go and connect to the internet access youtube and netflix etc etc just fine I have had fios for months For the first months it worked fine Under the Input on the LG tv I would go to DLNA network and there it will show all the available choices the first one was always Verizon Fios STB set top box and then it would show up with My PCs name and then My Pc s name and insert name of media server so usually since i use tversity it would show up Verizon Fios STB James C-PC James C-PC tversity media server I could select the tversity one and access my library and stream through my TV just fine But weeks ago It stopped working and it would only show up with Verizon Fios STB Now I have been trying to fix this issue for weeks and days But yesterday after days I went on verizon Fios livechat support and asked them to reset the username and password of my fios router as I was unable to login into it When the representative took control of my screen and he took me to the router login i reset my password and logged into the router I didnt make any changes and if i clicked anything it was just basic reduction of security to try and quot open things up a bit quot and out of nowhere magically it started working again My TV was now showing DLNA network with all the media servers I have running on my PC Since this issue started I tried downloading and installing several since I was thinking the problem was with tversity an not my internet but when it started working again yesterday it showed on the DLNA network input of the TV ALL of them and tversity playon plex all were working as well as it still showed up the James C-Pc and the Verizon Fios STB Well now here I am hours later Its wednesday morning and I used it hours ago and watched a movie through it this morning It worked fine Then i had some errands to run and come back hours later now its not working again Only this time the DLNA network under Input is COMPLETELY Greyed out and its NOT even showing up with the Verizon Fios STB option anymore I have spent days now with this issue I have tried all the suggested things I can find through extensive search with google and any tech support I can try I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon Fios tech support I have spent time on the phone with LG and theyare sending a local technician to come look at my TV this friday I am wondering if you have any insight into this and anything you can recommend too me to try and get this working Of course Verizon says this is NOT there problem and they cant fix it and I need to contact LG And I only spoke to out techs at verizon who even knew what DLNA meant And LG is completely clueless Noone is taking responsibility and I dont know how to fix it I am not tech savvy enough to know much ways of configuring my router and In looking up ways to fix it I have read things about setting up port forwarding or something but I dont understand that at all either Please if you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them as I am at my wits end with this but I am absolutely miserable not being able to use my media server Thanks very much in advance for any advice you may offer me I am using windows with an Lg lx d smart tv feel free to email me at lt removed email - etaf moderator gt or respond here if you can offer me any advice Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I had to admit defeat last night - I have no idea what else redirects, / software blocking Malware? antivirus Firefox IE crashes, disabling to try to fix my computer Sorry in Malware? Firefox crashes, IE redirects, blocking / disabling antivirus software advance for the long post and at times possibly run-on sentences amp quot creative quot grammar Synopsis Something is causing the following symptoms - - Disabling Symantec Corporate resident Noticed in Safe Mode - gives a message that it s disabled but the system icon remains the same - may be happening in quot normal mode quot as well - Does not allow MBAM to run even if renamed Started Saturday - Does not allow SpyBot S amp D to run but leaves the resident system icon Started Saturday - Does not allow SpyBot S amp D to be installed even in Safe Mode I uninstalled amp was attempting to reinstall because this was the first symptom I noticed - Does not allow HJT to be installed even in Safe Mode - states that the Administrator has enabled settings that does not allow install to run even though I am on Admin account - Will allow a copy I installed about a year ago to run - Does not allow SmitFraudFix to run I have all the tools I downloaded for fixing my computer about a year ago in a folder and I clicked the wrong icon by mistake - IE amp Firefox crash trying Panda Scan at even in Safe Mode Noticed last night - was able to get through a Panda Scan in Firefox as late as Sunday which didn t catch anything - IE crashes on loading Trend Micro HouseCall online scan even in Safe Mode didn t try in Firefox noticed last night - IE crashes on loading Kapersky scanner even in Safe Mode didn t try in Firefox noticed last night - Firefox crashes Started Sunday night - Google IE Redirects - sporadic Noticed on Sunday night - I use Firefox - Bleeping Computer amp some other sites blocked in IE and Firefox - quot Unable to find server quot type response as if invalid Noticed on Sunday night - IE is often my quot default browser quot on restart - it should be Firefox - but it doesn t always reset it Started Saturday - Odd history entries in IE - there is one particular entry which I did not visit which is a peculiar page with just text and a web link I can post the text here when I get home Noticed last night - Very occasional IE pop-ups to a quot security quot company s web site Perhaps extraneously I did get a trojan last week which caused the Security Center pop-ups system tray icon and set bogus proxy server settings in IE MBAM removed it in safe mode and the problem went away - my computer appeared clean on Thursday and Friday but it may not have been Also sometime on either Monday or Tuesday Windows automatic updates were reset I previously had them off and was doing the updates by hand because there are some I don t want to install it keeps bugging me about - this may have been something I did by accident and not a virus however I have never posted to Bleeping Computer before and I m a little confused on the difference between the Malware Removal and the Am I Infected forums Am I in the right place I can try to post logs when I get home assuming I can attach a text file to an e-mail and send it to another computer - I m posting from work

A:Malware? Firefox crashes, IE redirects, blocking / disabling antivirus software

OK, one of the things that WOULD run was VundoFix - May not have been the smartest thing in the world to try without really knowing what I was getting into, but I figured a "scan only" wouldn't cause a problem. I left VundoFix running last night, and at some point, Windows restarted due to an update the darn thing installed all by its lonesome. It doesn't appear VundoFix left a log of any kind - I don't know where it normally saves something like that, though.

Today, I come home from work and am pleasantly surprised by being able to load bleepingcomputer.com , and Firefox has not crashed yet (in comparison, it had been crashing anywhere from immediately to a minute after I loaded it).

However, I still received a message just a moment ago that Symantec was disabled (but the system tray icon still looks like it's not disabled).

Anyway, I don't want to jump the gun, because I'm not sure whether I'm cured at this point or not!

I was just able to get MBAM to load by copying everything from its original installed folder to a different folder and renaming it. I'll see if it finds anything - I intend to run RKill, then MBAM, from "normal mode" (non-Safe Mode).

Another symptom I forgot to list above - I was unable to download Super AntiSpyware. Today I am able to do so, so I will try that as well. I will also try installing Spybot S&D to see if it will allow that.

Will update once I have those things run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288876/malware-firefox-crashes-ie-redirects-blocking-disabling-antivirus-software/
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently, I have come across several pieces of software that say they require media player 9 to work. 1 was even microsofts news clips on the msn in web site. Another is a learnkey learning disk. I have media player 10, but for some reason, the software on both ends won't work. When I go to install 9, it tells me a greater version is already installed, and it won't let me go to 9, however the software continually tells me that I need 9. Any advice appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-requires-media-player-9-i-have-media-plyr-10-wont-recognize.355604/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all First of all I'm new to the forum but have come for many different issues and have been unable to find any actual threads about my particular issue I have been racking my brain for about a week now trying to figure out where I'm going wrong or if there is just no possible way to do this I have an E router and have connected my TB WD HDD to the storage port it used to be connected directly to the computer and thought I would give the router a try so I don't have Server Media to:) Not Network (Media (Play Available) to have my desktop on at all times I have been using the play to function to play videos to my Samsung series which uses DLNA At first the issue started off that the play to function was just (Play to:) Network Media Server (Media Not Available) not appearing To resolve this (Play to:) Network Media Server (Media Not Available) issue I did a little digging around and found this post and by using method Libraries - Include a Network Folder Now the (Play to:) Network Media Server (Media Not Available) play to function is appearing on the videos as normal however when I attempt to play the videos the play to window hangs up with Media Not Available Thanks in advance for any input Jeff

Relevancy 47.3%

So let me start again First post here. I'm a programmer who doesn't meddle with pc parts. Well now has come the time!

I used the tool that Crucial provide on their website, which claims that my pc contains 2 pc133 slots and 1 pc100 slot (sdram).

It says I have max. capacity of 512mb. Will 2 256 pc133 sticks be ok? Or will performance default to pc100?

Also, what're the types of ram and will any other work with my pc? TIA.

A:My pc contains 3 memory slots: 1 SDRAM, PC133; 2 SDRAM, PC100 slots.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-contains-3-memory-slots-1-sdram-pc133-2-sdram-pc100-slots.819201/
Relevancy 46.44%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 45.15%

A strange problem I recently upgraded VISTA x to SP and several other upgrades at the same time I should have backed up disabling Msconfig Services "SERVER" - but did not completely System Restore before the VISTA upgrade did not help When the pc boots I boot successfully into Windows However the network does not work and many other functions do not work cannot run msconfig When I reboot into SAFE Mode with Networking everything was OK Through process of elimination a long one I Msconfig Services disabling "SERVER" managed to find out that if I disabled quot Server quot Services in msconfig the system rebooted fine and worked very well Except there was no information in the Network Name System Properties screen The process is very repeatable With quot Server quot enabled bad operation with quot Server quot unchecked disabled nearly perfect operation Has anyone else seen this problem My guess is that something in the quot Server quot routines is corrupted Any suggestions on a repair because I would like to use the computer to host a printer to the network jtcnet

A:Msconfig Services disabling "SERVER"

Please do not use MSCONFIG for changing settings in Windows. It's intended to be a troubleshooting tool and I've seen a couple of instances where it really messes things up for the OS. Instead use the free program Autoruns from Microsoft ( Autoruns for Windows ) to make permanent changes to settings.

Try this repair procedure for fixing the problems that you have now: Repair Install For Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283359-msconfig-services-disabling-server.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Step by Step explanation of what occurred and what I did The computer a month old ACer Aspire - Windows Home Premium Intel Core i - M Intel Solved time. to disabling Virus How load 20 f... by doesn't windows services. minute has find anything. a all software Windows HD graphics gigs DDR memory gig harddrive PM Monday December th Playing Skyrim Hit CTRL Alt Arrow key by accident This flips the windows GUI upside down Begin searching for solution on that computer by turning it upside down physically Power Cable comes out Laptop shuts down despite Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... having full battery Search for solution on old laptop a year old Dell Inspiron with a boatload of problems including spontaneous shut downs and battery issues Has been recently reformatted Find solution Turn on new Acer Acer runs fine until it gets to the Windows screen From quot Welcome please wait quot to me typing in my user password to me seeing my desktop takes approximately minutes Once in Windows runs incredibly choppily Try running in Safe Mode Continues to run incredibly choppily Speak with Acer Support They suggest I use a restore point I slowly inch my way towards a system restore There is one It is for PM Monday December th The laptop was closed but not off at that point I do a system restore The system restore proves ineffective I turn it on It crawls into windows Upon being turned Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... on both my Wireless Card and Avast Anti virus are disabled I re-inable avast and my wireless card I download Malware Bytes Trial version I run a full scan with Malware Bytes Trial version It detects nothing I run a full scan with Avast It detects nothing During one of the many crashes and restarts here I get a message in the bottom right Windows Build this copy of windows is not genuine is in the bottom right of my screen This is either false or the Staples where I purchased did something crazy I suspect the former It told me to validate using this URL https www microsoft com genuine validate default aspx displaylang en amp Error amp OSV amp GenuineInfo amp ls I attempted to validate windows It told me quot This update is not available on your computer quot I download and run CCleaner It runs and deletes - megabytes of cookies and other garbage I run MSConfig and Turn everything all services except Avast and Malwarebytes on the premise that important stuff would be retained It prompts me to restart my laptop I do It restarts and loads in within seconds as per usual Success Now the problem Most of the basic windows functions are turned off Sound control power control my touchpad has reverted to default settings and it won t let me fix those internet etcetera I attempt to turn on windows utilities on the basis of quot That kinda sounds important quot The problem reappears I try to run Windows Update It requires me to turn on something specific I turn it on There are important updates It downloads two of them It gives me an error for the other downloads My computer restarts I am now unable to find Windows Update to turn it on I am now no longer able to turn on the internet I am uncertain which Windows services need to be on or off I am uncertain if I should follow these steps http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html since I am uncertain if this is a malware problem Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

4 months old and is it still under warranty and bought brand new? I heard staples has a bad reputation atleast for a customer who posted his experience on some threads online.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432321/windows-has-a-20-minute-load-time-virus-software-doesnt-find-anything-solved-by-disabling-all-windows-services-how-to-figure-out-which-to-enable/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok, im new to this site and also pc's, so dont go using all these pc terms.

I saw that you can disable an integrated card. I have an intel extreme graphics 2 card, but it wont let me play Battlefield 2 on it.

I have a Compaq 2700, intel 4, my chipset is intel i865P/PE/G/i848P.

CAn someone tell me how to disable it; what would be the best graphics card to buy; or if i can install a graphics card even though i stil have my integrated one?

Thx for taking the time.

P.S Battlefield 2 demo is out now and i cant play it

A:Disabling? I need help on disabling a integrated graphics card

Check on the compaq website for your system to see whether the graphics can be upgraded.

Also please don`t start another thread, just because no-one has answered this one.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-i-need-help-on-disabling-a-integrated-graphics-card.26456/
Relevancy 43%

I have a Playstation 3 that I want to stream 1080p .mkv files to. My computer's GPU isn't strong enough to play 1080p on my computer (Yes I know, I'm outdated)

Since the PS3 doesn't natively support .mkvs, I've read that my only options are to convert the file (Which takes hours and suffers quality loss) or stream it using a media server. I tried the latter. I've tried Tversity Pro and Universal Media Server. Both stream in 1080p but it lags horribly and makes the video unwatchable.

Yes this involved my Playstation 3 but I felt that it belongs here since I'm asking for a software recommendation and not a question about the Playstation itself.

So! I'm asking if anyone has a suggestion for a media server that doesn't have this issue. I just installed a new router recently and my PS3 and PC both are running on 100 Mbps cables so latency shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

A:Looking for a Media Server

Plex Media Server.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/looking-media-server-277500/
Relevancy 43%

I am a student looking to make a media server with an old Dell P4 system. Since I am an Information Technology student I am able to get all Windows OS's even Win Server 2k8 free through the school to keep (Great deal isn't it).

Which OS should I choose? I'm open to all suggestions (Win or Linux). I just need it to stream music and movies to my Xbox and laptop. I've already tried them all but I just can't seem to stay with one. What are your thoughts?

Relevancy 43%

Hi Not sure if this is the right section for this - sorry if its not I am really in need of some help as I cannot get server ps3 media and the this to work I have spent hours so far only to get more frustrated with it all The problem that I am facing is that the PS cannot be seen from my computer wireless or wired I have tried WMP TVersity and PS media server and neither of them will find anything - it must be something simple that I am over looking but I can't figure this out My setup is cable modem gt router gt pc wired and ps wirelessly on a netgear WNR T with the latest firmware available media server and the ps3 The ps will go online as does the pc but that's it Even tried the old fashioned way and connected the ps wired to the router but still having no joy with it Any ideas pc is Windows Vista and nod security installed I've tried it with nod not running too Thanks in advance John

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281385-media-server-ps3.html
Relevancy 43%

Alright, I'm in need of serious help! I don't know what else to do. So, I accidentally deleted the admin. account, well its not deleted I changed it to standard. Which was so STUPID and I didn't know the consequences until now :\ I can't change anything due to the whole RA Media Server thing that continues to pop up. I've searched and know many people have this problem, and some solutions work better for others. For example, when people say they deleted the account? How is that possible, when they still ask me for the pw? :\
PLEASE Someone Help Me! Thanks for reading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ra-media-server.984688/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

I'm interested in setting up a media server in my house where I can access pictures, music and video from devices throughout my house wirelessly. I have an old pc that I'd like to use. I also might be able to obtain an HP Proliant ML350 for this. That machine has I believe six HD bays so I'm going to try to get that one. Either way, I'm looking for a good overview of what I'm going to need to do to accomplish this. Does anyone know of a good link or perhaps you've done it yourself and can help. I have a Linksys E3000 that has a USB port that you can plug a media storage device into but I'm wondering if a server or PC can be plugged into a USB drive.

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-server-help.158614/
Relevancy 42.57%

I m trying to setup media server portion of my PS I ve got it to where the PS sees the computer I have the media player icon on my PS PS3 to Server Vista Media desktop and I try to select it and get the error quot Access to the Media server is not allowed quot quot It is possible that the system name has not been registered quot quot Check the settings for the media server quot I read somewhere that this is the first step and then I should be able to go to the computer and see an icon flashing in the system tray asking whether I would like to allow the unknown device but I get no such flashing icon I open media player and go to media sharing but it does not see anything in PS3 Media Server to Vista the white box but the option to allow or deny quot other users of this PC quot My firewall isn t on and all of my other devices can see each other on my network I know there is a thread for this already but I couldn t find anything that solved my problem within it If anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps3-media-server-to-vista.786838/
Relevancy 42.57%

I live in a condo with a lot of media Building a server EM interfearance and networked music server Building a media server products don t seem to work very well in this enviroment Music tends to stop and start abruptly as connections are broken and remade and it s really hard on my treasured Polk SDAs speakers not Building a media server to mention annoying So I have taken to using my laptop as a music server with a USB optical outlet So here s the deal I want a McIntosh MS- but don t want to shell out five large for it It s basically a media case hard drive mother board gig HD and software So I plan to by an nMedia BA case and get started building one my first computer build So here s the questions I want it to run cool because removing heat from the quot stereo cabinet furniture quot it will be installed in will be difficult and I dont want to hear cooling fans over the music So which processors run the coolest I suppose laptop processors but which ones are the most efficient coolest and or what spec is used to evaluate this Remember speed is not real important we re just playing music here Documentation quality is important as I m a novice I would like to conduct the heat out of this stereo cabinet furniture via some sort of heat transport device I am aware of some liquid cooling products but don t really have an appreciation of the range of products available I could see having a large aluminum cooling fin mounted underneathe the cabinet with coolant circulating through it I suspect someone sells a product for this application which work well I have seen fanless CPU s that would be perfect but they are in proprietary cases and require a well vented space The media servers have small LCD panels and knob style controls that substitute for monitors and mouse Obviously there is software available to drive these but the manufacturs are strangly quiet on the subject Where do I find this type of software Any help on any of these topics would be appreciated Dave nbsp

A:Building a media server

Well

The good news is that you wont be spending 5g's on a system. More like $1000 or less due to the fact that you dont need to buy a monitor or monster video card, unless you plan on gaming with the media center on your tv.

About the knobs and such, unless it is a high end media center case $300 or so the fuctuality of these knobs and other devices are is rather limited and basically usless. Most people that have media centers usually use a wireless keyboard and mouse, or one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=logitec+remote fancy remotes that offer a great amout of functuality in a media center.

A compact liquid cooling device is going to be your best bet for this type of application if you plan on sticking the media center into a stereo cabinet with limited ventilation. Or you can look at an option like this that is a liquid cooling system that sits outside your case like this and can easily be hidden behind your cabinets

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118111

But I still reccomend having atleast 2 case fans in your system to dispell any additional heat. These can be nearly silent. Then dont need to move much air, just give a bit of circulation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-media-server.75060/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok so i just bought a computer with hard drives one is tb main HD the other is tb slave drive I want to make the Slave into a media server yes i know the computer will need to be one or when ever i want to use the server How do i go about this Things i want it to do be able to upload and store music picture dox and more i want to be able to stream video and music from it Only on My Network widows XP and are able to connect i don t care about vista and use all these functions want it to have a password and be secure server-networking? media even from people in my network Thank you in advanced i have googled so much but i media server-networking? cant seem to media server-networking? find anything other then Windows media share thing but i cant upload or download anything just see and view them and i think i can only do that with windows nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-server-networking.980506/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone I m new here and this is my first time building a server so please bear with me I know there are a lot of questions but I want to get it right Ok I ve got media Building a server a couple of questions I want to build a server in order to store all my media photos videos and music Simple enough I already have a pretty powerful but storage lacking as it only has GB desktop PC with an Antec P case which itself could house enough drives internal bays for a server lt strong gt First question should I Building a media server just purchase more drives and use the current system which will save money or would it be significantly better more Building a media server reliable to build a completely new system for the server lt strong gt Second being new to the whole server thing do I need to install a server OS FreeNAS Ubuntu WHS etc or can I just use Windows Vista Premium I ask because I don t want to install the OS on the drives as I want to build in some redundancy too I m likely going to buy x TB WD Caviar Greens Can a server just be Building a media server a stack of drives that reads writes data or does it need its own OS Now for the fun part I want to be able to watch my videos on TV and wirelessly stream my music to laptops So should I build an HTPC as well or just buy Popcorn Hour or a media center extender The benefits of an HTPC is that I can include a blu ray drive plus I can use Windows Media Center which I ve heard great reviews about The benefit of popcorn hour or a media center extender is saving money The idea I have is to use Powerline to connect my server desktop to the router router is not in the same room as PC From there I either connect a HTPC or the media extender The router is an g so I will be streaming music fine but video will go over ethernet through powerline If this was incoherent and just a lot of information please let me know I ll try to tone it down but I would love to hear what everyone thinks Thanks in advance Oh and one more thing I already own a copy of WHS and Windows Vista Premium so the prices of the OS s are no longer a factor nbsp

A:Building a media server

just buy the hard drives and put them in the computer u are using, this is the cheapest and u can share the drives over the network if u want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-media-server.113026/
Relevancy 42.57%

I m looking to build a new Game and Media Server I already have a case though it is pretty cramped Likewise I already have an extra copy of Windows The currently proposed specs can be found in this NewEgg link Suggestions are highly welcome Use -Will Media Server? Game and host a person Minecraft and TeamSpeak server -Will host over TB of media files to stream to Boxee Box Game and Media Server? set top via ethernet Goal -The general idea is to house the OS and a handful of required programs on the small SSD -The two TB drives will store all media to be streamed to the Boxee Box -Try to make everything as energy efficient as possible without sacrificing performance -Try to keep it around Concerns -Is the SDD really worth the money Will I see Game and Media Server? the difference in both performance and energy use -Is the power supply capable enough Remember energy use is an important concern -What do you think of the CPU Remember energy use is an important concern Thanks in advance for your responses nbsp

A:Game and Media Server?

Here's the requirements for MineCraft server: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Server#Server_requirements
And this: http://www.minecraftserverhosting.org/minimum-system-requirements-minecraft-servers/
So you should be fine.

The SSD will be a waste. You don't need the performance it offers especially for the high cost and you'll save more power by simply running the OS off the 2TB Green drive.

I'm not a fan of Rosewill products, you can sometimes get good stuff but sometimes its junk. Maybe get an Antec Green/Eco power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/game-and-media-server.1019953/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am stuck. My son deleted a main user account which has caused my Dell to revert to requiring an RA media password for any admin duty...I have seen from several posts how to easily fix this by restoring the computer to an earlier point in time and deleting this user and dell remote access, however my computer is so low on disk space that it has no earlier points to restore to~yay me. I believe I can create a restore point but I can not for the life of me figure out how-anyone have any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ra-media-server-nightmare.1000232/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all- I recently re-installed Vista and re-partitioned my hard drives to better utilize my space This computer is primarily used to stream media to other computers and my Apple TV on my network It's the only Windows machine in the house Right now I have about Media Suggestions Server gb of media TV Shows Movies and Music with it to be growing as I buy more movies tv shows and download more songs I have hard drives one is gb and the other Media Server Suggestions Windows says is gb Primary drive has partitions- gb Media Server Suggestions for OS and all other programs and the other partition about gb has the media on it The nd physical hard drive currently doesnt have anything on it except a disk image I created using Macrium after I installed Vista got everything updated and installed all my software that way if I ever need to re-install the OS I can do so in about minutes and have it back up and running the way I like it My question is- with my current setup what can I do to keep my files safe I don't currently have a large enough external drive to support all of my media files but I have several smaller ones gb- gb that I could store them on I love Time Machine on my Mac and ideally I'd like something that keeps everything safe but without having to buy expensive software What kind of solutions would any of you suggest for me to keep my mini-server healthy and safe PS- I also keep this machine on all the time- which I don't want to do but otherwise I'll have to come in my office and wake it up every time I want to stream media from it- unless you know of another way TIA Look forward to some hearing some ideas -Matt

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

Does anyone know or can point me to a site which describes in detail how to set up a computer to push audio out online? My wife is a DJ at a local community radio station and would like to be able to stream her program live.

I presume I need to setup my computer as a streaming server but don't know how to go about it. Presently it's a Windoze XP Home edition with 80GB HDD and a 3GHz processor with 512 MB RAM.

--Geoff

A:Pointer to a media server?

Shoutcast and Live365 will both let you do this. Shoutcast is a free plugin that runs through winamp while live365 requires a monthly fee which will vary depending on if it's personal or business.

I'd recommend a highspeed 'net connection if you don't already have one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pointer-to-a-media-server.356133/
Relevancy 42.57%

So I downloaded and installed the trial version of mezzmo media server only to find out that my sony bluray player won t read a mkv file you have to quot Pre-Transcode quot the file with mezzmo and It takes server media mezzmo forever unless you have GB of RAM and intel i processor I m in the process of quot transcoding quot a GB mkv file and its been about mins and its Well this is some type of dnla server review here is my problem Since I have mezzmo open and the server is running I had warning msgs from malwarebytes blocking ips connecting to the mezzmo port I would guess the re SPAM bots or servers computers infected with viruses scanning random ips but the last ip is scanning different ports Should I worry I m stopping mezzmo asap doing a tracert on DOS to the bugging IP gives me a quot general failure quot I have never seen a general failure message when doing mezzmo media server the tracert command to an ip Kudos to Malwarebyte mezzmo media server for blocking this I thought it was protecting me againts malware and viruses I usually turn off Malwarebytes when using a torrent client but I m not using any torrent client or any other downloader soft - PCNAME USERNAME IP-BLOCK Type outgoing Port - PCNAME USERNAME IP-BLOCK Type outgoing Port Process mezzmo exe - PCNAME USERNAME IP-BLOCK Type outgoing Port Process firefox exe Now firefox is playing too my third eye is telling me that and are some type of local ips in my network I get general failure when pinging them too wtf any suggestions nobody likes to get hacked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446318/mezzmo-media-server/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm an IT professional but have only a media can recognise Nothing my server pretty basic understanding of networking and am completely new to media servers I used to use Allcast with Plexmedia server but after upgrading my Nothing can recognise my media server PC to windows I found that Allcast couldn't find my PC or Plex Media Server So I started looking at other options and discovered that my Panasonic Vierra should be able to access a media server on my PC using DLNA I tried setting up a basic media server just by using the Media Streaming options on my PC which is also pretty simple to set up - you can't really go wrong there Yet nothing seems to recognise it - not the vierra nor allcast You can tell that the devices are working the Vierra and Allcast as they find my Fritzbox server my router and also find my son's Windows Media Player Windows Allcast also recognises the TV so they're all on the network and connected But nothing finds my PC I turned the firewall completely off and nothing works I could get a chromecast but if nothing else recognises my PC I'm sure it won't either I'm at wits end here Any help appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60740-nothing-can-recognise-my-media-server.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone I ve just recently got my hands on an old laptop and I m thinking of using it as a PC to PC media server The specs are Pentium to Server? PC PC Media - Laptop Old - GHz Processor MB RAM MOBILITY RADEON With those specs would it be able to serve as a half decent Old Laptop - PC to PC Media Server? PC to PC media server I was hoping I could use this laptop and obtain the same Old Laptop - PC to PC Media Server? setup as my PS Media Server My PS Media Server setup works like so My main PC stores all the video and has TVersity running on it Then through my PS I can acess the TVsersity media server and quot stream quot It may not actually stream the video but it s fast and has load time the video from my main PC directly to my TV Is there some way I can Old Laptop - PC to PC Media Server? obtain similar results using this old laptop instead of another PS Any tips suggestions advice are always welcome Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Old Laptop - PC to PC Media Server?

Bump, still looking for some advice!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-laptop-pc-to-pc-media-server.930917/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a 1TB networked hard drive made by Western Digital. I was wondering if it's possible to use it as a media server, as well as for storage and backups (which is what I use it for now).

Here's what I have:

1TB NAS
Two XP Home PCs
MacBook
PS3
Sony TV with networking features
So do I need some sort of software? I'm hoping I don't need to buy XP Media Center Edition.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-turn-nas-into-media-server.909234/
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anyone walk me through how to set up a streaming media server on my Microsoft 2000 Server OS? Please e-mail me. [email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2k-streaming-media-server.99260/
Relevancy 42.57%

I was told that Windows Media Player 11 could act as a media server on my wireless network. I have allowed all the access I know how to allow on my network and the media player, (I live out in the country so local security is not a problem) but my PS3 will not recognize it as a multimedia server. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated or a point to the right direction to a 'how to' thread somewhere. I dont know if the problem is with the media player configuration, the router or the ps3. Thanks in advance for your help guys!!
Oh, I am running XP pro, linksys wrt150n router and of course a PS3 with current software updates. Thanks again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-11-as-a-server.883063/
Relevancy 42.57%

Not sure which area of the forum to post this, and thought the networking was probably the most relevant.

I've built a home media server using a little AMD 5350 on a mini ITX board.

I installed Windows 10 on it this week as I couldn't get my head around Linux at all.

I'm now running the box as a headless media server, as it's all updated and configured, however I can't seem to RDP into it at all when it's headless.

As soon as I connect it back to a monitor, and reboot it, RDP is fine.

Is there a setting I'm missing, or can you not run Windows 10 on a headless machine?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54269-rdp-headless-media-server.html
Relevancy 42.57%

okay i got this job today where I work One of the .wmv media a donwloading a from server teachers at school went to Ball State Univerity and talked to a class there about a few things and this was all recorded and put up on the interenet via a quot media server quot at quot ihets org quot Sounds great and all but here is the thing The teacher wants it for what ever reason i didn t really ask and for some reason the teacher of the class and technology director there can not seem to figure out how to pull the file off the server or atleast that is what the teacher was told My question comes up becuase it is just a link straight to the file it then opens into windows media player But i need it as a file itself so i can put onto a cd or dvd to give to this teacher I have tried a few things such as screen capturing it using a few different programs in which i was uncomfortable about using and it just shows up as a black screen with the shell of windows media player around it Does anyone know how i can download it straight to my computer here is the link by the way http mediaserver ihets org donwloading a .wmv from a media server vod bsu bsumgt wmv nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/donwloading-a-wmv-from-a-media-server.706194/
Relevancy 42.57%

New laptop and trying to get with the upgrade from win 7 to win 8.1
Previously I had a Kworld media sever that logged into Win7 and played media files from a shared external drive.
Trying the same setup on win8.1 I can see the player from windows and vice versa, but when trying to login from the player login fails. Everything is on the same network and workgroup. I have tried the share settings, disabled the firewall but still fail.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Movies don't look quite the same on the laptop.

A:External media server

If I had to make a guess. I would be pointing fingers at the Kworld server.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44477-external-media-server.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So the other day we were trying to find some music on the computer through the ps3 which seems to be hit or miss some times, however the ps3 seems to find the two lap tops with no problem. So I went in to the "choose media streaming options for computers and devices" and removed the unknown devices thinking that like any other wireless or blue tooth, that they would be discoverable again and guess what..... they dont show up. This is extremely frustrating. So is there anyway to have this show up all the time on the ps3. Also we have playon and that doesn't always work either. I think that if I can get a more consistent connection between the two that play on will work as well.

Any advice is well received

A:media server cant find ps3

You didn't mention which media server software you're using to stream your media to your PS3.

Try using this great and free alternative instead, it works great for me on all my computers:-

PS3 Media Server

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239832-media-server-cant-find-ps3.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi i want to ask that i have recently got my new sky broadband.i have found that my media server is no longer functioning or responding when i go to download media apps for music downloads like ; i mesh and bearshare.how do you fix these problems.

A:media server problems

Sounds like a router configuration issue. The type of connection doesn't matter. But items like bearshare (which is a p2p app and not supported here) require port forwarding...which is done in the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-server-problems.1113900/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello. Is Plex Media Server fairly secure? Would you recommend I keep it on my PC to access my media to play on Roku?

Thank you.

A:PLEX Media Server

I've been using it for the past three years and no problems as of yet. So either it is fairly secure or I'm just lucky.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564425/plex-media-server/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok so i just bought a computer with hard drives one is tb main HD the other is tb slave drive I want to make the Slave into a media server yes i know the computer will need to be one or when ever i want to use the server How do i go about this Things i want it to do be able to upload and store music picture dox and more i want to be able to stream video and music from it Only on My Network widows XP and are able to connect i don t care about vista and use all these functions want it to have a password and be secure even from people in my network Thank you in advanced i have googled so much but i server-networking? media cant seem to find anything other then Windows media share thing but i cant upload or download anything just see and view them and i think i can only do that with windows nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I am trying to access my media server from outside my network. How the heck do I do this?

I can do FTP or SMB for my server. It also has a media server for xbox and ps3.

Thanks for the help all!

-Neeko

Relevancy 42.57%

I'm trying to watch videos on my PS3, and it has always worked perfectly when I put videos in my videos folder, then they become available from the windows media server on my ps3. Now, all of a sudden, I guess windows has just decided to no longer update the file listings. I've updated it like 50 times on the ps3 and it just won't show the new videos I've added.

A:Media Server NOT UPDATING!

Hi Jerail,

Hopefully you've found a solution by now, but if not -- have you tried completely disconnecting the server, restarting both the PS3 and your PC, and reconnecting? Also, have you installed or activated any security software on your PC since the last time your PS3 Media Server folders were updating correctly?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55535-media-server-not-updating.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Getting used to the Domain Environment I setup a media server running Vista Ultimate 32-bit and I'm looking for other solutions or if there is anything I could do better to run this from home.

I have a 2k3 DC setup with about 50 users via active directory who VPN's PPTP (for now) then accesses the media resources, mostly movies, music, etc.

Everything works fine except now I'm really getting a good learning on bandwidth. I have a docsis 3.0 modem with a 22 down and 5 up I believe connection and when they open a movie it takes approximately 2-5 minutes before it actually starts playing and even then it's a bit choppy off and on.

I just bought a new Linksys RVS4000 GB Security Router with VPN for this specific setup.
I'm open to any suggestions/advice and is all appreciated.

A:Media Server Bandwidth + 2k3

Where are these users connecting from? Lan or internet?
"22down and 5up", is this your bandwidth in Mbps? If so, that's the issue. Even if you have only 10 concurrent connections, that's a maximum of 0.5mbps each, a fair proportion of which isn't going to be useful payload, especially over a VPN.
If not, what is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-server-bandwidth-2k3.871739/
Relevancy 42.57%

Well Basically My wireless internet is working fine but for some reason when i checked in Ip config it sais that my Media state is disconnected, and there are certain websites that i cant access but can do through a proxy server i have checked and they are not blocked websites, could this have something to do with the media state?

A:Media server disconnected

I think you mean Media State: Disconnected, which means your computer does not see the physical (or wireless) connection.

Are you connecting to a work or school network? Which proxy server are you going to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-server-disconnected.1010958/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Acer 5315 windows vista, I enjoy going on my chatrooms but, latley when I connect the screen is saying, " The connection to flash media server is not connecting." I upgraded my adobe player, I turned off firewalls and a lot more and it still isn't working. On top of that my laptop won't download anything at all. I can't even download the new version of yahoo messager. I need Help!! I'm only a sophmore in college!

The Samari

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-media-server-and-then-some.895600/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi
I am using win7 home premium. I have all my media on this hp laptop. I have an ipad, iphone, blue ray player ant smart tv. And I want my laptop to feed media to all these devices. all these devices connected to the same network wirelessly. Can I get some help for doing this ?
kind regards

A:help need for creating a media server

I just posted this right below there is an App for the I stuff. Not so sure about the BR player but streaming to a smart TV shouldn't be a problem. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone knows how to use the search feature anymore, this was the very first one.

Sharing with iPAD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299869-help-need-creating-media-server.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

Firstly sorry if this has been asked a lot but from looking around various forums I cant quite get the answer or guide on how best to do things.

What I want to do (and apologies if i'm dreaming here) is create what i think is maybe a home server.

I have an old sony viao laptop and an external hard drive that i would like to use as a media / file storage server that other devices in the house can download to/access/stream from. In an ideal world i'd also like to access from outside the house using other WiFi areas.

The sony has windows Vista, other laptops in the house are windows 7 and windows 8 and i also have a blackberry playbook. Sharing the files on the sony with my PS3 is the only thing I've managed to do so far!

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:home media server?

Read this for sharing media in Windows on local network. Access from WAN can be setup later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-media-server.1090057/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi! i recently installed Windows 7 , and thn now PS3 media server to stream files to my PS3 using Router

I ve kept the Default settings for my router as i used to use in Windows XP

my PS3 media server detects my PS3 and it shows all the folders shared bt cant seee any files , any [avi, mkv, mpeg ] wh i have shared through my PS3 media server

When i browse the directories of Media server from my PS3 i get a message at the end as "no images found" can anybody tell me why this is happening

A:Using PS3 media server with Windows 7

I get the same problem for some reason, and some times my ps3 will be disconnected from my media server for some reason.

Also, i am always getting errors on the PS3Media server saying that it cannot detect my ps3, can someone please help me out?

I have configured my windows to enable UPNP and the router as well. Port Forwarded the port for ps3 media server. I have no idea what im doing wrong

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/26067-using-ps3-media-server-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am having a dedicated server and need to know what firewall should I use for securing the server. I mean to say that shall i use a software firewall or a hardware firewall? Which is more effective?

A:What software is better for a web server?

You should use a hardware server; I would say, either get a router that has firewall enabled service or think about IPCOPS distro for linux; If you have an old computer around with two network cards, you can easily setup a firewall with no problem.

http://www.ipcop.org/

Hardware is always the way to go if your going to get a firewall; Cisco ASA or Pix if have alot of computer to protect;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-software-is-better-for-a-web-server.911223/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am a newcomer to Tech Support Guy with a unique problem My job is tech support for a bunch nearly of Windows NT Servers for one of our clients Most software for Server needs NT Software 4 these days is not written for NT Now our company installed these servers back in the s and they work fine to this day Dell has been good in supporting their product Our new installations are Servers But this client has been with us for over years and doesn t think that they need to upgrade But that is not my Software needs for NT 4 Server problem I am looking for software that will run on NT Server NT SP a and SQL Server that will consolidate directories and defragment the disks not Diskeeper Lite I am also looking for software that will allow me to assess any difficulties i e registry problems and take care of them The difficulty is this software must be current I cannot go to Ebay to pick up software I have to buy from a known vendor and the product must be the most recent Freeware is a possiblity if it can be sufficiently documented that it is a product that is undergoing continuing development nbsp

A:Software needs for NT 4 Server

I suspect you're going to have serious problems finding new software that is fully supported for Windows NT 4.0.

I don't know of any application that can scan any operating system to determine any type of problem and fix it regardless of corrupt files or registries. It sounds like you're looking for some type of Holy Grail software that fixes all problems. No such thing. Even harder to find utilities that work with an operating system even the maker of which doesn't support it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-needs-for-nt-4-server.593698/
Relevancy 42.57%

I need something that can host a VPN server on Windows 7. Not LogMeIn Hamachi or the one hidden in Windows' network connections, neither of those work. I'm looking for a free program.

A:VPN server software?

Hello,

You are better of hosting VPN Connections via your router. Its simpler to manage.

What are you trying to achive?
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/201419-vpn-server-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

If I was going to build me a home server, what MS server software would I want to use?

A:Server Software

Since MS has killed off Windows Home Server, you should read through the linked article to see what to buy now: Windows Server 2012 Essentials: The Home Server Replacement | Windows Server content from Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/296273-server-software.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I use Uwamp if I want my Windows computer to act as a LAN server in my apartment. (freeware)

Does anyone know of others also suitable? (server that is not limited to localhost only with MySQL and PHP included)

Would appreciate info on any non-Windows ones also - am trying to get a list together.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632528/lan-server-software/
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anyone tell me a good easy program for a secure ftp server? and how to set up a ftp server properly?

biggest question is do you need to buy a domain if you are going to use a ftp server only?

thank in advance

Relevancy 42.57%

I need to install web server software on my computer so I can preview web pages before uploading them. It saves all of that unnecessary upload time. I used to run XAMPP with XP Pro SP3. But in looking to download it again, it doesn't mention 7 as being compatible. The last OS listed is Vista. I would imagine XAMPP is probably compatible with 7, but I was wondering if anyone had any info on this, or maybe another suggestion for free open source server software I could use with 7?

A:Web Server Software

It is not exactly what you are asking about, but have you considered using Opera Unite? It has a web server function to serve pages directly from your computer, so I imagine that it has some way to preview them also. I don't know if it would allow you to upload them just anywhere though, but I imagine that could be done separately, if needed.

Web Server - Opera Unite applications

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/65821-web-server-software.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been using an O2 Wireless Box II for some time with no problems at all, i had internet connectivity and was able to use the Windows Media Server on my PC (Windows Vista) to stream media to my PS3 and TV (ethernet on TV). I have recently acquired an O" Wireless Box III and have lost functionality of the media server, I have tried searching around the net but have found no viable solution. I have tried restarting the router and setting it back to factory settings but to no avail. I also have internet connectivity on both my PS3 and the TV (Samsung's [email protected]) so I know they are both connected to the router correctly and can see both devices from my PC. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Media server problem with O2 wireless box III

bump, still have the same problem, any help would be greatly appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-server-problem-with-o2-wireless-box-iii.957480/
Relevancy 42.14%

A mysterious Universal Meadia Server folder in File Explorer. This folder has endless sub-folders called root. Any ideas what this is all about?

A:Mysterious Universal Media Server

Check "add remove programs" and see if its listed. Sounds like you got hit by a drive by install.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53041-mysterious-universal-media-server.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Background I have two raspberry pi s one connected to the tv in the living room downstairs and one upstairs these run kodi which I use to stream videos Before my son was born in February I spent weeks ripping my DVDs so I could keep them in storage to clear lots of room for when he was born I ve filled a tb external and a tb internal and still have more DVDs to rip I rip the whole ISO as I enjoy extras and commentaries so I want a full back up of each dvd A few days home solution? / best Nas media / server ago my windows hdd luckily the one without the dvd rips reported issues and suggested I back it up Question i never use my PC anymore it s just on so I can access the files for either pi Nas / server / best home media solution? What would be the best solution for me to continue being able to stream these DVDs Nas / server / best home media solution? around my home I ve looked at nas but I can t really find one which doesn t have a set file size I currently have tb which isn t backed up so I would want tb But because I have more to rip and want to future proof it for a while I m really looking for at least tb Can anybody suggest what would be my best solution a nas A server I don t want to spent thousands of pounds I just want something that I can hopefully add or replace with bigger hdds over the years and as enough space to have a backup hdd for each one I add Just in case anyone doesn t beleive I have tb of Isos backed up I have a lot of tv series they are usually DVDs and dual layed so that s around gb a season things like Star Trek and x files soon add up the complete Colombo collection is over gb Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Nas / server / best home media solution?

Something like this would work;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822107184&cm_re=nas-_-22-107-184-_-Product
From the specs, it supports up to 16TB volumes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-server-best-home-media-solution.1154359/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a lot of mp3s and divx/.vob films that I want to be able to stream "real-time" from a storage location on my home network. I want to be able to access these files from a laptop connecting wirelessly to my router, although the "server" will connect to it through ethernet.

After wasting time/money with cr** NAS options I have been considering getting an old PC for next-to-nothing and connecting it via ethernet to my router, to use as a media server. What will I need in terms of software to allow the streaming (if this is the right word) of these files over the home network? Will I need special software on my laptop to facilitate this, or only on the server. Does it depend on my router's capability?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

Trying to set up Win XP Media Center computer as a vpn server and connect to it via a Win XP Pro and or Mac OS X machines and am experiencing some problems First of all I am doing this because we often connect to the Media Center machine via remote desktop and I was thinking it may be more secure to use a vpn However now that I think about it if I have to forward port to the media center station I m not sure how this could be Media Center problem VPN XP Server Win any more Win XP Media Center VPN Server problem secure than just forwarding port for RDP Maybe someone can enlighten me on this On to the problem I have set up the MC station to accept incoming vpn connections I have a DLINK four port hub and have forwarded port to the vpn server and enabled vpn passthrough for PPTP and IPSec The mac and xp pro stations I am trying to use to connect are on the same LAN as the vpn station however I am using the external ip address of the bridged dsl modem so the connection requests should be coming through the dsl modem gt DLINK gt vpn server The connection requests hang at quot verifying user name and password quot for both the mac and xp pro attempts I scanned port and it s open I really don t know what to do next Any suggestions EDIT I decided to try to connect using the local ip of the vpn server and it worked just fine So now I need to try it from a different location So when I do connect what IP address do I use for remote desktop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-media-center-vpn-server-problem.734231/