Windows Support Forum

Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

Q: Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

Hi all, I have just joined your formum as I have a number of acumulated queries re. Windows 7.   To keep it clear, will divided them into separate posts.  This first one is re. Skype which I have used many years on Windows XP and until recently on another pc with Windows7 without issue.    My latest pc has Win7 Pro 64-bit, and I am surprised, that after installing Skype, each time I run it from the desktop icon, I get a UAC prompt do I want to allow Skype to make changes.   I installed with same preference as on previous machines, only to load on request, i.e not start when Windows is booted.

Apart from that, Skype runs as it usually does.

Can anyone tell me what is causing UAC prompt to appear each time I run it, and how to fix it ?

I thank you in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

All my programs do this, it is because I have a high level on UAC.  To stop this you must lower your UAC level in Windows. 

Here is a guide from Microsoft on how to adjust UAC in Windows 7 & 8.

good luck
cz

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545683/why-doe-skype-after-it-has-been-installed-keep-invoking-uac-prompts/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey,
I recently installed my new motherboard and CPU -- after installation, I booted, went through a bunch of trouble which can be found in a thread I posted here, got everything working -- Now, every time I reboot, WinXP (SP2) prompts me in the task area that I have "New hardware installed," telling me that it has found a new PCI Device. Now, my sound card went out yesterday (great timing, I know) so I have since removed it. The only thing remaining is my nVidia 8800 GTX in a PCI-E slot. Is there a reason it continues to prompt me, wanting to install drivers for whatever PCI Device it sees?

Specs:
WinXP (SP2)
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Intel Core2Quad Q9400
4GB Crucial 1033 RAM
nVidia 8800 GTX

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

A:WinXP prompts with New Hardware Installed every reboot

Check Device Manager, also did you remove the software for the sound card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-prompts-with-new-hardware-installed-every-reboot-356224.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All,

I recently installed some software at work under our clientadmin login for my boss. When I log in to the PC using any profile besides admin the software prompts for admin credentials anytime it's launched. We're on a domain settings running windows 8.1 pro and we contract out most of our IT work. I've tried all the fixes I've found online and none work. I think the IT contract company may need to add the software to some sort of list to allow it to launch without admin credentials? Any feedback is appreciated, thank you for your time.

- Ryan

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/76058-recently-installed-software-prompts-admin-credentials.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello So naturally but ... MsConfig installed YourFile Downloader prompts not Startup; in at shows I am here because I have a problem I can't seem to figure out It stemmed from a different problem I can't seem to figure out - and during my troubleshooting YourFile Downloader ... not installed but prompts at Startup; shows in MsConfig of that one I was trying to download a new driver clicked the wrong thing on the webpage and downloaded YourFile Downloader instead Fortunately I was able to stop the install before the YourFile Downloader ... not installed but prompts at Startup; shows in MsConfig program YourFile Downloader ... not installed but prompts at Startup; shows in MsConfig was actually loaded onto my computer or so I thought realizing after only a handful of seconds that it was not the driver I had thought I'd downloaded - and I am very particular about downloading the files themselves no third party programs to help me out with troubleshooting that I stumble across because they never end well I think however that I was too late For some reason even though the YourFile Downloader program itself was never installed and I am certain it wasn't But I did check - there is nothing in Program Files or Program Files folders nor the App Data folders or my Start Menu etc nor did anything turn up in the Program list that is generally utilized to uninstall or repair programs whenever I startup my computer I am prompted by something from YourFile Downloader wanting access to do Lord only knows what For the time being I've gone into MsConfig which is the only place I can find any trace of this program at present and Disabled it so that I am no longer prompted at Startup And I gather from there it has an entry in the Registry I would assume since it will prompt when Enabled there is some remnant of this program somewhere hidden that I can't find unless it's just Registry specific I'm not the most knowledgeable with Registry stuff I'll admit So help me Please lt DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Tessa at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes c PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C Program Files x ASUS TurboV EVO TurboVHELP exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Users Tessa AppData Local FluxSoftware Flux flux exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Users Tessa AppData Local Viber Viber exe C Program Files x VIA VIAudioi VDeck VDeck exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS... Read more

A:YourFile Downloader ... not installed but prompts at Startup; shows in MsConfig

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/533681 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533681/yourfile-downloader-not-installed-but-prompts-at-startup;-shows-in-msconfig/
Relevancy 52.46%

Windows 8 Pro with Skype 6.3.0.107 - device manager shows no errors (webcam driver version 1.0.3.37), Skype can see the spc900nc integral mic but cannot see the webcam. Strange?

PS: For the record the win 7 compatibility report says the webcam is compatible....................

A:Philips webcam SPC900 installed , but Skype cannot see it

Not wishing to be impatient, where else can I get help if folks here are unable to assist?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25655-philips-webcam-spc900-installed-but-skype-cannot-see.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am running invoking itself Explorer 6 Internet on a HP XP Home Edition with SP and all the updates and security patches I was infected last week bought and installed Norton Firewall and then ran Ad-Aware SE Spybot Search and Destroy Spyware Doctor Norton Anti-Virus and MS antispyware until all reported no issues But here's the symptom of a still resident infection I play Tiger Woods golf which ran fine before the infection Now when I play Tiger's graphics is interrupted every minutes to the second and I am returned to the desktop I have determined that iexplorer exe is the program that is starting every minutes by watching the processes in Task Manager looking at the logs in Norton and when I hit ALT-TAB to transition back to the golf game the IE icon shows that it Internet Explorer 6 invoking itself is running Can you help Here is my log Internet Explorer 6 invoking itself Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system S apphk exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Internet Explorer 6 invoking itself Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exeC Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exeC Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPMon exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL exeC WINDOWS system vdipeav exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exeC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ISSVC exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system hpoipm exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http rd yahoo com customize sbcy default search ie htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dialR - URLSearchHook no name - CA E FA- AFD- C -A DC- EB BE F - no file O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycomp dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO CheckHO Class - EB AD- - D -A CD- FEE - C Program Files Yahoo Common ycheckh dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Norton Personal Firewall - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLLO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- -... Read more

A:Internet Explorer 6 invoking itself

Hi Please download Suspicious File Packer from here: http://www.safer-networking.org/files/sfp.zipExtract sfp.exe on your desktop.Run sfp.exeStep 1Copy the contents of the Quote box below and and paste it into the textbox "Step 1".C:\WINDOWS\system\vdipeav.exeStep 2Press the Continue button.Close sfp.exe.You will find on your desktop an arhive called requested-files[date:time].cab.Submit the CAB file here please:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.phpThank you Uninstall from Add\Remove Programs if found:Party PokerDownload System Security Suite here:System Security Suite Download. Unzip it to your desktop. Install the program. Don't use it yet.Please print or copy these instructions because you are not able to access the Internet in SafeMode.Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders: A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.B. Click the View tab.C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.How to see hidden files in WindowsREBOOT into SafeMode by tapping F8 key repeatedly at bootup: Starting your computer in Safe modeRun HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CA0E28FA-1AFD-4C21-A8DC-70EB5BE2F076} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zsxcwiac] c:\windows\system32\zsxcwiac.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msw] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\msw\MSW.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [t77i3tP] shrdbg32.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AUNPS2] RUNDLL32 AUNPS2.DLL,[email protected] - HKCU\..\Run: [cwosRjj3V] qoserv.exeO9 - Extra button: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dllO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: PartyPoker.com - {B7FE5D70-9AA2-40F1-9C6B-12A255F085E1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dllClose all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.Search for these files and delete them if present:c:\windows\system32\zsxcwiac.exe <-- this fileshrdbg32.exe <-- this fileAUNPS2.DLL <-- this fileqoserv.exe <-- this fileDelete these folders, if present:C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\msw\ <-- this folderWith all windows and browsers closed.Clean out temporary and Temporary Internet Files.A. Open System Security Suite.B. In the Items to Clear tab thick:- Internet Explorer (left pane): Cookies & Temporary files- My Computer (right pane): Temporary files & Recycle BinPress the Clear Selected Items button.Close the program.REBOOT normally. Perform a full scan here: Trendmicro, check AutoClean and let him remove anything he finds.Perform a full scan here: BitDefender Free Online Virus ScanFollow the instructions on the screen.Tick all the boxes on the left and let him remove anything it findes.Perform a full scan here: Panda Online, follow the instructions on the screed, make sure these are checked: - Disinfect automatically - Scan compressed files - Scan e-mail files - Neutralize Trojansand let him remove anything he finds.REBOOT your machine, run HijackThis! again and post a new log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14008/internet-explorer-6-invoking-itself/
Relevancy 49.45%

in C# i'm attempting to Invoke a delegate in my GUI so I can update some text fields on it from outside the GUI's class. Here's the code.
Code:
private delegate void updateFieldContents(object[] contents);

public FormClient()
{
InitializeComponent();
}

private void updateFields(object[] contents)
{
txtAddress.Text = (String)contents[0];
txtPort.Text = (String)contents[1];
timeout.Value = (int)contents[2];
chkShowUpdates.Checked = (bool)contents[3];
}

public void updateContents(String address, String port,int seconds,bool status)
{
Invoke(new updateFieldContents(updateFields), new object[] { address, port, seconds, status });
}
Now for some reason, when I call updateContents with the four parameters. The Invoke method inside it spits up an exception saying. Parameter count mismatch. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 49.45%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2020 @ 2.90GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3970 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1793 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 467193 MB, Free - 418447 MB; F: Total - 476821 MB, Free - 475430 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0478VN
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled
every time I click on a link for an email address it goes to outlook, but I deleted outlook????? how do I stop this I want it to go to my AOL which is what I actually USE! you have to PAY to use oulook I am poor

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,

Wherever I'm checking Hotmail the Live Messenger (WLM) starts.

I am not using it. I'm using alternative messenger(s)
All MS Add-ons are disabled in both IE8 (32 & 64 bit)

So how to stop that annoying thing?

I was reading somewhere that in win 7 x64 you have to set Vista compatibility mode for WLM, but that was during win7 beta testing.

Is it still the case?

So how can one to stop that from happening?

Thanks in advance for the advice

A:annoying invoking of Live Messenger

This is the way to do it. Originally posted by Jonathan Kay.

Greetings,

This is a feature actually. When you visit Hotmail, they use Messenger to display whether or
not your hotmail/e-mail contacts are online. If Messenger isn't running, it starts up
automatically to provide this "feature".

That said, you can block this from happening in [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Internet [COLOR=blue !important]Explorer[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] itself. To do so, open up
Internet Explorer and choose the Tools menu. Then if
you're using IE7, choose Manage Add-ons and Enable or Disable Add-ons. If you're using IE8,
just choose Manage Add-ons.

Show the entries that run without requiring permission and the specific entry you'll want to
disable is "Windows Live", which corresponds to the \Program Files\Windows
Live\msgsc.14.0.8089.0726.dll file and CLSID/Class ID is
{E1771B7F-98BE-407F-BA67-AA16ADA5D0C5}. You may need to show the various columns to find the
exact one (there will be multiple 'Windows Live' entries). In IE8 you can also double-click
each entry for the full information to show.

After you've found it, choose the button to Disable it and Messenger will no longer be
started by any Microsoft websites. Be aware however that if/when Messenger is updated, this
may be need to be done again (and will be a different file and CLSID). Additionally you may
want to disable any other "Messenger" items listed, depending on what you have installed.

--
Jonathan Kay
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Microsoft[/COLOR][/COLOR] MVP - Windows Live Messenger
MSN Messenger/[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Windows [COLOR=blue !important]Messenger[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
(c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
--

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/72375-annoying-invoking-live-messenger.html
Relevancy 49.02%

executing the following command on w2k works but it does not work on xp

iexplore javascript:window.location='http://java.sun.com'

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/invoking-iexplore-with-args-does-not-work-28412.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just purchased a new audio plug in from Solid State Logic for my Pro Tools recording software. Every time I try to activate that plugin on an audio channel I immediately get BSOD. Checked with the vendor (SSL) and they indicated that the contents of the minidump was too generic to point to a specific problem but they think there could be some type of hardware conflict. I'm hoping someone on the forums can help me out as I have no experience analyzing these dump files. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am running the system on a Sony VAIO VPCEB26GM with a Core i5 processor and 8 gig of ram. Windows 7 Professional SP1. Files are attached.

Thank you!!

A:Invoking SSL Audio Plugin in Pro Tools causes BSOD

Hello pginther.

It is caused by PACE Anti-Piracy InterLok software.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff888010ac830, 0, fffff88001098a25, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Tpkd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Tpkd.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : Tpkd.sys ( Tpkd+2a25 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And it is very old.

Code:
lmvm Tpkd
start end module name
fffff880`01096000 fffff880`010b9000 Tpkd T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Tpkd.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Tpkd.sys
Image name: Tpkd.sys
Timestamp: Thu Dec 24 01:02:16 2009 (4B327040)
CheckSum: 000287EA
ImageSize: 00023000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Support.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262948-invoking-ssl-audio-plugin-pro-tools-causes-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all I'm experiencing an infrequently intermittent problem when I select quot Sleep quot from the Windows Shutdown Menu My PC will occasionally freeze up but that happens after my Video Card apparently receives the usual signal from the Sleep command since the Monitor will shut off as normal After that happens I watch my HDD drive LED and when the problem occurs it will stop all activity and the PC freezes ie no response from the keyboard or mouse The monitor display stays off After I restart the PC everything is ok My PC info in in my quot System Spec quot part of my signature Some additional info with my PC Desktop PC custom built I have quot hybrid sleep quot disabled in Powercfg since I prefer the quot S invoking when PC Intermittently Freezes Sleep Mode quot save to RAM mode with no HDD environment saved ie C Windows system PC Intermittently Freezes when invoking Sleep Mode gt powerfcg -h off This problem has only occurred times during the past couple of months so what I'm more curious about is Is there a CMD line or utility that can check the DLL that invokes the Sleep commands to possibly check for a corruption within that shell Or in another way is there a tool to determine the cause of the PC Intermittently Freezes when invoking Sleep Mode intermittent issue ie to eliminate hardware possibilities such as my Nvidia card etc I looked at my Windows Event Viewer log but as a novice I'm not sure what section to view within the Event Log I did look at the quot System quot event section but I only see the usual events after an unexpected shutdown quot The previous shutdown was PC Intermittently Freezes when invoking Sleep Mode unexpected quot The last item listed in the Event Viewer prior to the unexpected shutdown was an quot Event quot informational message quot The Windows Image Acquisition WIA service entered the paused state quot Attached is a screencap of the last event logged quot Details quot tab before the PC froze up when invoking the Standby command

A:PC Intermittently Freezes when invoking Sleep Mode

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309737-pc-intermittently-freezes-when-invoking-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This already had happened months ago and no luck asking for help i will try i t again i had several windows opened i just turn on the computer this morning resume HELP nothing screen, crashed invoking geeks, and on best explorer he from hibernation and once windows was ready i inserted a flashdrive nothing happened then i opened an explorer windows and then it was freeze like faded out in white taking into accuunt that once that happen the system then al the widnows start to becoming freezed and i hurry up to save some unsaved notepads but i wasnt fast enough then explorer crashed the screen only had the wallpaper in it and nothing else the system is not freeze the cps and num lock key are alive i desperately pushed the invoking he best geeks, explorer crashed and nothing on screen, HELP power button trying to send the systm back to hibernation but no luck the system only turned off the screen and thats all since then the num locks caps are still alive it jsut like if the system is unable to start the explorer nor to hibernate everything i want is to rcover the unsave notepads that they ARE there opened bt the screen is black

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402609-invoking-he-best-geeks-explorer-crashed-nothing-screen-help.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This may not be possible, but I would like to embed a value in a form field (the form can be invoked from several different links within an html page), the value depends upon the place from where it was invoked

Relevancy 47.73%

Not a question just an observation It may help other the - hidden warnings Aministrator Invoking account Dire frustrated Windows users out there Invoking the hidden Aministrator account - Dire warnings I went from Windows SE to XP-Home- bit purely because I thought I was getting too far behind - SE had served me well and I doff my cap to a superb Operating System My move to Windows bit though was calculated in that I was aware that a -bit system could not use all of my Gig memory I still dual boot XP because can't install some older progs that I still like and use The changes in terms of user experience was in my eyes minimal - they aren't that different and certainly not different enough to qualify as separate Operating Systems they are just upgrades but charged for as new I was fortunate to miss Vista on my own machines but I did encounter it on others' and my oh my Anyway the biggest real difference not just visuals was User Access Control UAC In I continually received messages telling me I couldn't do this or that because I didn't have the right privileges or permissions which drove me crazy I then learned about the hidden Administrator account But every post relating to that warned that it was ONLY for emergencies and warned of dire consequences should it be invoked and best not use it at all Just fuss nonsense kerfuffle and panic-mongering Thing is I had full control of everything in SE and XP and nothing died So I invoked the Administrator account After two days of nothing going wrong and no refusals joy I deleted the original User Account and now use only the Admistrator account and without a password required at boot either as I'm the only person using my machine It's been about months now and guess what no problems at all I have not blown up my computer nor caused it to crash regularly or even occasionally Just back where I used to be in control without the anger and frustration Ignore what anyone says to you about this control nonsense Invoke the Administrator account use it as your primary Logon and get back your sanity and your control of the thing you own - the computer and make it do what YOU tell IT to do and not the other way around Even if you are a newbie it's just fascist to have UAC I was a newbie once and I never damaged my system not once ever If you do mess up then simply reinstall and don't do that wrong thing again It's called learning and experience You are never going to learn if you are not allowed to make mistakes I cannot without using the very foulest language I know to make you understand how deeply angry being told I was not allowed to do something on a computer that I owned made me Livid furious spitting vitriolic murderous My keyboard is a Dell and respect because it has had to endure some serious finger punching that could snap steel girders Now just calm as can be I can do what I want and can even override all the condescending warning messages - it still complains occasionally such as when I do stuff in the Registry but then always does what I tell it to do So much lighter of heart Take control back ditch UAC Invoke the hidden Adminstrator account and use it only If anyone answers this they will probably issue the same dire bleak warnings - ignore them they just want to control you and make you believe they know freedom better

A:Invoking the hidden Aministrator account - Dire warnings

Hello Bob,

I believe that you have a misunderstanding of what the purpose of UAC is, and the built-in elevated "Administrator" account. They are actually designed to give you more control over your computer and security.

You will be placing your computer at a higher security risk by disabling UAC and always using the built-in elevated "Administrator account".

UAC doesn't prevent you from doing anything. It only asks you to provide your (administrator's) permission before allowing something to run elevated (run as administrator) and have full unrestricted access to everything on your computer. UAC can be quite helpful if something (ex: malware) tried to run elevated in the background without you knowing about it. If UAC is turned on to the top level of "Always notify", you will always know when something tries to run elevated. After all, what is just a second to click on Yes to allow it if you like, versus not having this bit of extra security. If you like, you can do some reading about UAC at the links below:User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings
User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide
Mark Russinovich on Windows 7 UAC - Windows Security Blog - The Windows Blog
User Account Control: Inside Windows 7 User Account Control
User Account Control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When you are logged in to the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, everything that runs will have full unrestricted access to everything on your computer. You will never get any UAC notices by default while logged into this account. This account should be used with caution because of this. Usually this account is used as a fallback account incase you should lose access to your normal administrator user account, or would like to make changes to system files as needed.

Nothing prevents you from doing what you like in a normal administrator account either. If you are denied access, then it usually just means that it's a protected system file to prevent anything (ex: malware) from modifying it since it is critical to the operation of Windows. Other than using the built-in "Administrator" account, you could just take ownership and grant yourself (the administrator) permission to access it.Take Ownership of file - Vista Forums
Bob, it's truly up to you on how you would like to run your computer. After all, it is your computer. However, it is irresponsible to just advise people to disable UAC and always use the built-in Administrator account without providing information about the security risk of doing so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245254-invoking-hidden-aministrator-account-dire-warnings.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'll describe my story as simply as possible I downloaded what I thought was a patch for MS Office from a quot cracking quot website I'm aware that files Virus/Corrupt reformat/etc BSOD, invoking tried this is wrong I needed MS Office as a student and my new infected computer only came with a trial - anyways I'm not going to try to justify it that isn't what this thread is about Virus/Corrupt files invoking BSOD, tried reformat/etc The bad program instantly put my monitor in power-saver mode meaning my comp shut off or restarted and probably edited my registry or Virus/Corrupt files invoking BSOD, tried reformat/etc deleted vital files When the computer automatically restarted it instantly BSOD I tried startup restore after quot successfully quot restoring BSOD I system restored to two different previous points still BSOD I restored to factory condition reformat still BSOD Now instead of saying quot starting windows quot or whatever it says quot Setting up windows for the first time quot or something along this lines I got the AVG Rescue CD and virus scanned no viruses reported - but I don't think its a coincidence that this problem started exactly when I ran the malicious exe Additional info The BSOD flashes for less than seconds but I was able to read something on it that I think helps edit I also set all boot settings to default It says quot iastor sys quot near the middle-bottom right every time - I think the problem is with that file being corrupted possibly I am able to edit the registry via the AVG rescue CD but I wouldn't know where to start Any help would be appreciated

A:Virus/Corrupt files invoking BSOD, tried reformat/etc

Hello dfro87,

I wouldn't know where to start either.

Let's see if we can get a log of some sort to give me an idea of what's going on.

Assuming this is a 64-bit Windows 7 machine...

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Restart your computer and tap F8 to bring up the Advanced Menu, then click Repair your computer

Follow the prompt to enter keyboard input method, and then the prompt to enter a password. If the machine does not have a password, simply click Enter.

In the next menu, use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Command Prompt and press Enter.In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
In the command window type e:\frst64.exe and press Enter.

Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.

The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/virus-corrupt-files-invoking-bsod-tried-reformat-etc-564456.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows 7 32 Bitand Skype 5.0 new version of Skype no more freezing lost other topic. I am so happy finally skype works on Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-32-bitand-skype-5-0-new-version-of-skype-no-more-freezing-lost-other-topic.155047/
Relevancy 44.29%

skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do not seem instead shows a small null icon, well what to do to be seen ?

A:skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do

Hello Ise,

You might see if creating a new shortcut for it directly from the .exe file of Skype may work instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230884-skype-runs-ok-my-vista-home-basic-32bit-but-icon-shortcut-skype-desktop-do.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear I noticed that skype has send to all skype in skype send to scan cannot - account spam skype safety contacts all page load contacts a certain link to one contact even multiply links this all happens on the same day th december from - I haven't seen any spam send anymore after that Skype support told me to reset my password I did and to download safety scanner from microsoft they proviced me with the link spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan when I try to open the link the browser cannot load the page it is stuck in a loop sometimes I see a page but just for a second or even less then mostly white page and browser keeps trying to load the page and in chrome a little shield symbol on the right side of the address bar says that it's trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources this message dissappears very quickly I have skype installed on two laptops and on my smartphone iphone The problem I told about is on one laptop that has no antivirus I did not yet checked the other laptop if the microsoft page opens or not but I do have bitdefender internet security paid installed on the second laptop I want to be sure the laptop that has the problem is virusfree Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Momo Beheerder op MOMOSONYLAPTOP - - Gestart vanaf C Users Momo Desktop Geladen Profielen Momo Beschikbare Profielen Momo amp Nora amp MomoSurf Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser Chrome Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Advanced Micro Devices C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Reservation Manager AMD Reservation Manager exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe Paramount Software UK Ltd C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Popcorn Time C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Atheros Communications C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe PIXELA CORPORATION C Program Files x PIXELA VideoBrowser CameraMonitor exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Evernote Corp Walnut St... Read more

A:spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan

I downloaded the safety scanner from microsoft from my other laptop without any issue.

copied it to a usb, put it on the problem laptop, a full scan and nothing found.

I realize I did had a antivirus paid version (kaspersky internet securuity) on the laptop, as I first said that it had no antivirus.

I only disabled it because it had problems running.

Now I enabled it, updated it and run a full scan. nothing found.

I don't know if skype is the cause and not a virus?  the skype workers told me that the cause could be anything (email, virus on computer).

I mostly use skype on iphone, and here I'm confused with what the skype workers said: one said that iphone can not be infected, so no need to check the iphone.
an other said: you can download an app from app store to scan for viruses, because it is possible that the virus is on the iphone.

This is really not clear anymore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600944/spam-send-in-skype-account-to-all-skype-contacts-cannot-load-page-safety-scan/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have 8.1. I installed Skype in my typical folders of "c:\programs" (I never install in "program files" unless program is forced to do so. All associated files should be, as they are coded, in "C:\Users\main\AppData\Roaming\Skype."My question....Will uninstalling the Metro Skype from its (memory hogging, fake) desktop affect, in anyway, my actual Skype (including logs)?Thank you.I reply as fast as I can, but it could be hours or months. Always busy.

A:Uninstall Windows 8 Metro Skype Affect Regular Skype?

Well for starters you shouldn't really install two versions of Skype on the same PC.Uninstall both, then install the version you prefer.Accept the default install location as I can see no good reason for doing otherwise.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/uninstall-windows-8-metro-skype-affect-regular-skype/1784.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've experienced some problems and discomfort with skype for win - not able to show screen - terrible design - very slow response i e when I click RMB the menu shows up in works Skype 8 terribly, worse is Win desktop for Skype for several seconds and I expect to see it immideately - doesn't understand links to skype chat like skype chat amp blob blahblahblah when I click it nothing happens I've also Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse tried skype for desktop it was even worse - when I changed online status Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse to invisible i've also tried with N A skype stopped to receive and send messages - when this or another error occurs I try to kill skype process via task manager TM then firstly says that skype is not responding so i am trying to kill process after that TM stops responding as well So when i've tried skype for desktop i had to reboot my laptop about times in a day Now I've installed skype from Store back but I still need to go to skype chat Could anyone please help me either make skype x x work on win or enter the chat which i need Here's my system http i imgur com Fu f png Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18920-skype-win-8-works-terribly-skype-desktop-worse.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Skype asked me to link my account with Hotmail and then wouldn't accept my login. When i tried resetting the password, Skype said it would send the code to my phone, then to my secondary email. i received neither notification and now Skype has locked me out.
Help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445198-had-link-hotmail-skype-accounts-skype-now-not-letting-me-log.html
Relevancy 43%

My skype contacts are missing with newest skype and the support gives me
"Carissa M.
First, ensure that you are signed in with the correct Skype Name." 
Could anyone upload skype 6.1 or lower please... 
Also does anyone know why the skype crashes when trying to login with microsoft account on newest version 6.3.60.105
Thanks 

A:Skype retarded support: Anyone upload Skype 6.1

You can find 6.1 online with a quick google search, such as at http://www.filepuma.com/download/skype_6.1.0.129-2261/For even older versions: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype-5-9-0-123Don't have version 6.3 to verify the crash issue using the microsoft log in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489664/skype-retarded-support-anyone-upload-skype-61/
Relevancy 42.57%

Word keeps re-configuring itself every time I open it. How can I get rid of this procedure?

Thanks, Noels

A:MS Word keeps invoking "Configuration Process"

Quote: Originally Posted by Noels

Word keeps re-configuring itself every time I open it. How can I get rid of this procedure?

Thanks, Noels

Hello Noels Welcome to SF,

I belive it might be a bad install (or) not all the compenents are installed to the Local hard drive. Try to do a Office Diagnostic if that fails then I would suggested to remove your MS Office. Then when you reinstall it make sure to do the custom install and select an option to install all the components to Local Hard drive.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/77279-ms-word-keeps-invoking-configuration-process.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have always used Skype for Desktop and only recently found that there is a Skype Modern App on my system.
From what I have read it would seem the best plan would be to ditch the App and just continue with the desktop version.
Have there been any recent changes that would make the the Modern App a better solution than the Desktop version?

A:Skype for Desktop vs Skype Modern App

They have updated it recently so it doesn't continue to ring even when you have answered the desktop version which is why I uninstalled it in the first place. This means in theory you could install both and answer whichever you felt like at the time.

I prefer the look of the desktop version personally so I never re-installed the Modern App version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48219-skype-desktop-vs-skype-modern-app.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried everything imaginable to get rid of these two.  I can delete Skype via 
control panel, but it comes back and re-installs itself.  
Click to call will not go away.  When I try to use the control panel I get a message that 
says, "close Chrome browsers to uninstall".   I've tried doing that and still get that same message.
I've even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it with the same result.
These two are like a bad dream.   
Any help with completely deleting both would be appreciated.

Regards, 
Len

A:I can't get rid of Skype or Skype Click To Call!!

If you haven't followed the instructions given in link below....try that.
How can I completely uninstall and then reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

You can also try using Revo in Advanced Mode to remove Skype.
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585550/i-cant-get-rid-of-skype-or-skype-click-to-call/
Relevancy 41.28%

Not so much a software support question, but this is the best I could figure it'd go into... but if I have an Office 365 subscription that includes 60 minutes of Skype calling a month, do I still need to purchase a Skype number so people can call me and for people to know who's calling them?

I tested it out as it is right now and when I call my dad's phone, says "Unknown caller."

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/126213-skype-calling-skype-number.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both on my Windows 10 pc and only Skype Preview seems to actually work. What's really weird is I can't find much about either online, so I'm not even sure if Messaging + Skype is being continued or even still functional. Does it require a companion phone app to work? (I use Android). Messaging + Skype can't seem to find any of my Skype contacts while Skype Preview can.
Just really confused on how barebones and non-functional this all seems, even after some Googling. Can anyone shed some light for me?

A:Skype Preview vs. Messaging + Skype

Messaging + skype has been discontinued. Everything will be focused on Skype Preview now
Links: http://www.windowscentral.com/skype-...d-mobile-works http://www.windowscentral.com/messag...versary-update
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438562-skype-preview-vs-messaging-skype.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I need to get rid of the REALLY annoying prompts from HP asking me to sign up to their Extended Service Plan and their Easy Internet Sign Up. These prompts have been appearing more frequently recently.
We've tried the fix suggested in a previous post on Tech Support, ie : de-activating the HP Advisor but still they come, thick and fast.
Is this legal ? Can they continue to harrass me like this ? All I did was buy a piece of hardware. Never again with HP if this is how they behave ! I have an HP G6000 using Vista.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Relevancy 39.13%

I use SSM to install softpaqs. The software is not suppressing all of the dialog boxes. I am running from a command line script using switches /a /install /noreboot. Log files show errors, but do not include any useful diagnostic material.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/SSM-no-suppressing-all-prompts/td-p/5691169
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi! I was wondering if is there any way to get rid of the UAC Prompts if I am using a non-admin account? And also...is there any way to figure out what the admin account password is if I forgot the admin password? I can't seem to log into it and I didn't create a password reset disk either. Please help A.S.A.P.! Thanks!

~david~

(P.S.)

I'm using Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium
on a Dell Inspiron 530.

Thanks!

A:Annoying UAC Prompts

Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC" . Click on that line.

Press the Launch button.A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.You can re-enable UAC by selecting the "Enable UAC" line and then clicking on the Launch button.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/221604-annoying-uac-prompts.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Every time I start IE it prompts to download an htm prompts HJT IE Log: download file HJT Log: IE prompts download namely- msn com htm Tried auto log analyzer and removed all the file missing entries but they always reappear when I re-scan And no fix on the IE issue Please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - A B- E F- bd- - F F CA CF - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Babylon IE plugin - CFACCB - F F- - EA- D B D C - C Program Files x Babylon Babylon-Pro Utils BabylonIEPI dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run UpdatePRCShortCut quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Recovery MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Recovery quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software CyberLink PowerRecover quot O - HKLM Run WirelessAssistant C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttray O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Global Startup PictureMover lnk C Program Files x PictureMover Bin PictureMover exe O - Extra button Blog This - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Blog This in Windows Live Writer - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra button Show or hide HP Smart Web Printing - DDE - C - c - - F B AA - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration... Read more

A:HJT Log: IE prompts download

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/421317 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421317/hjt-log-ie-prompts-download/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a wireless USB adaptor plugged into a 5yr old desktop. Trying to connect to a sky broadband router. I have succeeded using a wep key prompt after amending router settings from wpa password default. The connection wizard only prompts for a wep key input. How do you get it to ask for a wpa key password? I want to amend router settings back to wpa key password. Operating system windows xp.

Relevancy 39.13%

No real reason to do this , just curiosity,
In windows xp if i go to start>run then type command to get a dos box, can anyone give me the command to change the command prompt to my hard disk partitions, ie C:\ to E:\,
Coz i tried to change to my various partiotions but all i seem to be able to see is C:\

any help appreciated.

Relevancy 39.13%

I keep getting messenger prompts saying my registry is corrupted or i'm having lots of spyware activity in my computer and prompts prompts Messenger me to visit the few websites to fix spyware and viruses I've done adaware scan and spybot scans along with anti-virus scan using my norton internet security with latest virus defination and comfirmation scan with housecall Below i my hijack log ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS System GSICON EXE C WINDOWS System dslagent exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe C WINDOWS System Messenger prompts ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe D Download install anti-keylogger HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http google icq com search search frame php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sg yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX Messenger prompts AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no Messenger prompts name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run GSICONEXE GSICON EXE O - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USB O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager SystemRoot system mobsync exe logon O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button ICQ Lite - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ Lite - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net ll xsc... Read more

A:Messenger prompts

Here i what I would like you to do, first...

Go to www.grc.com and run Steve's program, "Kill the Messenger".

Then, see if your pop-up problem doesn't settle down.

We should look at one more HJT log, of the newest version, anyway.

Please download HijackThis http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/KRC%...20Analyzer.zip and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in 'y' if you agree. The 'result.txt' file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. You don't need to post the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/messenger-prompts-54591.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a script running every minute via Task Scheduler that pulls stats from my router for plotting over time, every minute a pop up appears saying something like "How do you want too open this type of file VBS" with Windows Script Host" even though its set as default for VBS files??

does anyone know how I can prevent this message appearing?

funny thing is if I run the VBS file myself it works just fine?

code in script:

Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\ADSL_stats\Scripts\HG612-getADSLstats.BAT" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/15584-vbs-prompts-how-do-i-stop-them.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Are the command prompts the same in W7 as they are in XP-PRO. The normal ones like check disk, device manager,m/s information ect.

A:Command Prompts

You talking about these?chkdsk

devmgmt.msc

msinfo32

winverYes, they work just the same as in XP, albeit with a few modifications (more/different available parameters and such).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295741/command-prompts/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to copy folders & files without getting the "Confirm Folder Replace" and the "Copy And Replace" prompts. I am wanting to copy & overwrite files when an older one exists, and do this without receiving prompts. Is this possible?

Relevancy 39.13%

I have to Overwrite all day long, lots and lot of files.
2 issues.
1. every time I overwrite, I have to go throught the several prompt dialogs --- how to avoid???

2. i just did an overwrite from one drive to another and it appears to have merged rather than full overwrite?

A:Overwrite -- without Prompts

Hi Bobmane.

Overwrite Word files? Batch replacing files? Just want to know if these prompts are coming from a program or the operating system. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119406-overwrite-without-prompts.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I've been having that infamous error code 737D for over a year now when attempting to install update for SQL Server 2005 SP3. I got around to fixing it today (been having frequent blue screens, no idea if it's related, but can't hurt to update it finally) following the advice in this thread:

Error Message on Update

It did work, however now there's another update lined up - which is essentially SP1. Now, I might have no idea what I'm doing, but this seems fishy even to me. Should I go ahead with the update after all or not?

A:Prompts me to go back to SP1

Please take a screenshot up the update.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/300419-prompts-me-go-back-sp1.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Howdy to everyone,
I recently did a restore image due to problems. Everything seems to be running alright except that I don't get the UAC prompt windows before a clicked program runs.
I thought this was an added layer of protection and if so, would like it to happen.
What did I do, not do and how might I correct this issue.
Thanks for any assistance.
glennc

A:UAC Prompts disappeared

Sometimes things get broken when you restore an image.

Go to "Control Panel" --> "User Accounts" -->

"Change User Account Control Settings"

Set the slider to the level you want, instructions and tips are given there.

When you have finished that, and checked that it works OK, go to "Windows Update" and check for updates. This will put back any security updates you may have deleted by restoring the image.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/135869-uac-prompts-disappeared.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I installed Windows yesterday and it was working fine until after installing several applications I noticed I can't display anything with IE any more Firefox is my IE download everything prompts to default browser however if I open IE instead of displaying the page I just get a standard download prompt I haven't changed the home page yet so it is still uk msn com When I open IE I am prompted for Do you want to save or open IE prompts to download everything this file Name us gb htm Type Unknown File Type From uk msn com IE refuses to display any pages of any type including html and xml files IE usually exits as soon as I click either Open Save or Cancel However I have managed to click on the new tab button which makes it ask me if I want to save or open a file called quot newtab quot it also occasionally asks if I want to save or open a dll file It even asks me if I want to save or open quot about blank quot I have tried resetting IE using Internet Options in the control panel but it doesn't have any effect Does anyone know how to solve this Thanks Jonny

A:IE prompts to download everything

Hi Jonny,

I would take a look at what add-ons you have installed for IE8 from tools-manage add-ons, then show all add-ons. See if it lists any ones that look out of place, maybe you can post a screenshot of them all. You could also run IE with no add-ons, (safe mode) to see if you still have these problems.

I would also run a full scan with whatever Anitvirus program you have installed, if you even do, and Malwarebytes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/39077-ie-prompts-download-everything.html
Relevancy 39.13%

OK, time for someone to help me.

I loaded SP2 onto my laptop, and I can't figure out how to stop Internet Explorer from screening my downloads and making me click through their stupid security! It isn't obvious in the settings, though I must just be missing something. It's the only real annoyance I have with it, but it is really annoying!

A:IE prompts for downloads

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883255
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843017

Not sure either apply to your specific issue...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-prompts-for-downloads.283932/
Relevancy 39.13%

First things first. I disabled UAC and I turned off SmartScreen as I find them both annoying.

Why do some many programs require Admin privileges when my user account has it already? Why does a program like 7-Zip give me a message that I need elevated privileges when I right click on a zip file and select the option to extract it to the folder 7-Zip lists? I have granted all the 7-Zip executables Admin privileges. If I didn't I have problems extracting some rar/zip files where some files would not extract mostly executables.

It seems that W8 wants to annoy the hell out of me. Under W7 I also disabled UAC and never had the prompts for the same things that W8 does.

I'm running W8 Pro x64 from Technet, so it's RTM.

A:Why does W8 have so many security prompts?

Windows 8 has no more prompts than Windows 7. You also did not disable UAC, otherwise you would not get such prompts. UAC is the only thing that will allow those prompts.

In fact, you can't really disable UAC (well, you can, but there's no ui for it), all you can do is lower the threshold in which prompts appear.

User Account Control (UAC) - Change Settings in Windows 8

What you are seeing is because the folders you are trying to extract to still have Windows 7 security ACL's. You have not yet granted ownership to your Windows 8 account.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/8565-why-does-w8-have-so-many-security-prompts.html
Relevancy 39.13%

This comment from another thread made me again revisit the UAC prompt Certainly if you run a new application the first time and tell Windows its OK by right-clicking the installer and choosing Run As Administrator you shouldn't prompts UAC revisited get any more prompts the next time you run it I don't have a lot of programs but several security related programs CCleaner MBAM SpywareBlaster etc and many other non security programs always trigger the UAC prompt UAC prompts revisited I have tried to change the privilege level to quot run as administrator quot but that doesn't work always get UAC prompt I know there is a thread about creating a shortcut that will eliminate the UAC prompt but what about the above statement I tried it with the CCleaner installer but I still get the UAC prompt Or is it just that these programs and the way they are written will always trigger the prompt It is a bit annoying and I think about my UAC prompts revisited wife when she may try to use the programs and how the prompt will UAC prompts revisited scare her Am I missing something

A:UAC prompts revisited

When you log in and run applications, in Windows 7 you run as a standard user who can elevate to admin rights when necessary. But the rest of the time, you have standard user privs.

When you launch an application like Ccleaner, the program starts as a local user, but requires admin level privs in order to do what it needs to do. The reason for the prompt, is to let you know that the application is elevating it's priv level. It's a safeguard and if something like your web browser all of a sudden wants to elevate, it should make you stop and think "huh, why does this need admin level access".

The UAC prompt doesn't bother me. I hardly see it. And when it does pop up for apps like Ccleaner or malwarebytes, I just click on the OK and keep going. I've never understood why some found it so terribly aggravating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/172269-uac-prompts-revisited.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi. When i start up my laptop i all of a sudden got these 3 start up prompts.

Could not load or run 'C:\User\Local\Local' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Second;
Could not load or run 'Settings\Application' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Third;
Could not load or run 'Data\asdlfj3\services.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Is there any way i can remove these or fix this. It is really bugging me. Somebody help!

A:Irritating start up prompts!

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/irritating-start-up-prompts-420351.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys

Basically, when I used to turn my computer on, it would boot up as normal and go straight to my desktop, no questions asked. Now though, it boots to the login page (with user accounts on it), and I have to click my account to load the computer up.

There's only one account on the computer (mine), and it gets annoying having to click it everytime it boots up when theres only one account.

Anyone know why this has happened and how I can change it back so it doesn't ask which user account I want to log in with?

A:Prompts for login - didn't used to

Quote:

Originally Posted by beveridge100

Hi guys

Basically, when I used to turn my computer on, it would boot up as normal and go straight to my desktop, no questions asked. Now though, it boots to the login page (with user accounts on it), and I have to click my account to load the computer up.

There's only one account on the computer (mine), and it gets annoying having to click it everytime it boots up when theres only one account.

Anyone know why this has happened and how I can change it back so it doesn't ask which user account I want to log in with?

Greetings, and Welcome to TSF!
Have you recently installed .NET Framework on your machine?
If you have, .NET framework 'creates' a "new" account, and this necessitates you to 'sign in'.
You can rid yourself of the sign-in by going into User Accounts, and change the way users log on, by activating 'Faster user switching'...this will also rid you of the pesky sign in box.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/prompts-for-login-didnt-used-to-126468.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Could not load or run 'C:\User\User\Local' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Second;
Could not load or run 'Settings\Application' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Third;
Could not load or run 'Data\asdlfj3\services.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Is there any way i can remove these or fix this. It is really bugging me. Somebody help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/irritating-start-up-prompts.866590/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello Win 7
If chkdsk will not run when you click error check at Computer, what is the command prompt that will do it instead.
I am looking for the two replacements only. One is the default with one check at computer and the second is if you were to insert a check at the default at computer.
When I surf for this I get too much information rendering it useless to me at my level.

Thank you

A:chkdsk command prompts

When you try to run chkdsk, you will always get:

>chkdsk c: /f
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

So reply Y then reboot. Chkdsk will run during the reboot.

There is no way to make chkdsk run while the system is booted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/267473-chkdsk-command-prompts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

When using internet explorer, it always pops up a list of things i have answered in little text boxes (i.e. possible login names at hotmail, possible searches at yahoo, etc). How can I get this to stop?

A:internet explorer prompts

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">In IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > AutoComplete button.
To clear the lists, click the Clear Forms button, then click OK.
To stop the lists, uncheck the items listed there, then click OK.</font>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-prompts.65445/
Relevancy 38.7%

it always prompts me that i have unplugged the speakers but my speakers are plugged and still works fine ,even if im not doing anything.

it will prompt if the music that i played will get louder on a part.

Any idea about this?I updated already the sound driver 3 weeks ago.

A:Realtek HD Annoying prompts

Did this problem start right after you updated the sound driver? If so, I would uninstall it and reinstall it.

Have you checked the options or preferences for RealTek? There may be some customization that you can change to stop the prompts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/159237-realtek-hd-annoying-prompts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Could not load or run 'C:\User\Local\Local' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Second;

Third;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/irritating-start-up-prompts.866495/
Relevancy 38.7%

Is anyone else with me on this? I run UAC high, prompts all the time, tis what i want. What i DONT care for is it being accompanied with a slight pause, then screen goes black for about 1/2 second THEN the prompt shows. Such a nag of a thing, and weary on the eyes.... may need to see the eye doc after a month of this.

A:UAC prompts along with screen flick

That's Secure Desktop Mode. It happens for a reason. You can stop it from happening but it's less secure. If you change the UAC control to the level just under Default in 7, it won't do it. ANd here's a tutorial on it for Vista, as you couldn't control it in Vista like in 7.

User Account Control (UAC) - Blacking Out of Screen - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4195-uac-prompts-along-screen-flick.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Anyone know how to get VBS to run on the PC as a script again? I don't know how long it's been on like this for this PC (except I know its been like this for 2 weeks because this is how long the vbs has not processed for.) We don't have system restore to try that as an option.

Its icon has the standard windows blue box with 3 icons.

A:Solved: VBS prompts for Open With?

Needs WScript.exe to run....
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...-us/wsh_runfromwindowsbasedhost.mspx?mfr=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vbs-prompts-for-open-with.474764/
Relevancy 38.7%

How do I get rid of the following "Security Information" prompt?
This prompts me when I try accessing various websites (exp. gmail.com):
"This page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items? Yes No More Info"
Help me make it go away!

A:Get Rid of Security Information Prompts

When the prompt appears there should be an option to disable. (little box that says do not prompt again or something along that line, just click on the box).
Thanks,
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/get-rid-of-security-information-prompts-168054.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello Good People I have been googling my brains out the last days trying to find a fix for my problem I am running xp on my home puter sony vaio a- amp an unable to use the cmd prompt I can open the cmd prompt now it used to flash amp then disappear not so long ago but am unable to type anything in it Very frustrating The command prompt is almost equally frustrating Altho it allows me to type amp run an ipconfig for some bizarre reason it will & Command in CMD Prompts XP Solved: not allow me to ping Solved: CMD & Command Prompts in XP anything If I Solved: CMD & Command Prompts in XP type ping amp then an ip or address when I press enter the command prompt closes I have no idea what is causing this or how this happened PLEASE PLEASE I need help I have been working thru some ip conflicts on my wireless network pretty much figured out but you never know amp my inability to use my cmd amp command prompts has been really frustrating in getting the ip conflicts resolved Any help I can get from you guys would be much much appreciated Thanks in advance peace nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi guys i was wondering if you could help me with this System quot windows cannot find system Make sur you typed the name correctly and then try again To search for a file click the start button and then click search quot ok quot Could not load or run system specified in the registry Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry ok after two cycles of that same prompt the system folder opens and another prompt pops up quot windows cannot find WINDOWS Make sur you typed the name correctly and then try again To search for a file click the start button and then click search quot ok quot Could not load or run WINDOWS specified in the registry Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the Frustrating Prompts Startup reference to it in the registry ok after cycles of that prompt another one comes up after that quot windows cannot find Wbem Make sur you typed the name correctly and then try again To search for a file click the start button and then click search quot ok quot Could not load or run Wbem specified in the registry Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry ok cycles of that prompt occurs and then another one comes up quot windows cannot find WINDO Make sur you typed the name correctly and then try again To search for a file click the start button and then click search quot ok quot Could not load or run WINDO specified in the registry Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry ok after i click ok for two cycles than my computer boots up as normal i checked the registry and there s nothing out of the ordinary in it or at least from what i see I had a w bug on my computer before that did the exact same thing to me but Frustrating Startup Prompts it wasnt as bad and as annoying This time its just prompt after prompt I m totally clueless on what to do to fix it If somebody could help it would Frustrating Startup Prompts be greatly appreciated Im sure you ll need to see something before you can help me but i have no clue how to show it to you all those antiviruses spybots hijackthis s and hijackthats sound the same to me so bear with me ppppLz i am a computer noob PLz Help Paul nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

My mother is running Windows on her new ASUS laptop She's retired and it's common for her to get for Frequent prompts password? up periodically to check on something in the kitchen When she comes back to the computer it prompts her for the password so that she can verify her identity She struggles with Frequent prompts for password? typing the password due to her lack of keyboarding knowledge and the mixed-case nature of the password and I could help with that by changing the password but I'm trying to understand why she is being prompted for the password in the first place I Frequent prompts for password? assumed that the screen saver was kicking in and forcing her to login in again after an absence of a few minutes but when I checked her screen saver settings I found that she doesn't have one the timeout interval is greyed out and the checkbox that asks for the login screen to be shown after that interval is unchecked so the screensaver is clearly not the culprit What else would cause Windows to prompt her for the password other than a reboot I'd like to stop Windows from prompting her for her password or if that is not possible would like to extend the timeout interval from whatever it is now - two or three minutes maybe - to something like or minutes

A:Frequent prompts for password?

Its possible that it could be a virus or some type of malware. I would run a scan on it with Malwarebyes AntiMalware and then use Comodo Antivirus or Comodo Internet Security to run a virus scan. How long has she had the machine?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67646-frequent-prompts-password.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a Seagate FreeAgent backup drive and i'm using the real-time backup software that came with (works very well). The annoyance is that any time the machine reboots, these programs are set by design and choice to launch, BUT the UAC prompt comes up asking for permission for each of the two associated programs....

I'm sure i've seen a tutorial on this but i just can't find it. How do i turn off the UAC warning for just these specific applications?

Thanks,
Murphy

A:Block UAC prompts for certain programs

You can try the MSCONFIG and under the General TAB, you will notice that the Radio Button is selected on the selective startup. Make it normal startup and that should fix the problem.
Tom,

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/137884-block-uac-prompts-certain-programs.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have been to respond Cannot prompts UAC elevation trying to mod my system's appearance by installing dlls that came with a theme I found online I ended up renaming Imageres dll to Imageres dll-bak however after I did that I can no longer push yes or no when prompted by UAC Cannot respond to UAC elevation prompts The actual window doesn't show up at all All it says is that I need admin rights to do whatever it is I'm trying to do but then doesn't show the yes or no or password thing So I can't change it back and can't put any new files in that folder since I can't get administrator priviledges to do so I also tried doing a system restore but I then got a x error and can't even do that I'm about to try enabling the built-in administrator account and see if I can make the changes there but I'm afraid to log out so I'm making this post now Can anyone help me out Edit Seems I can't even enable the built in administrator account because I can't open an elevated command prompt

A:Cannot respond to UAC elevation prompts

If you haven't already, see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347119-cannot-respond-uac-elevation-prompts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I was wondering if anyone knew of any viruses or other types of malware that opens visible command prompt windows. Particularly any current threats that have been popping up. I want to look into possible solutions to the problem before I have to post the computer over on the malware removal board.

I'm starting to seriously consider locking my mother out of admin rights on her own computer.

A:Visible Command Prompts?

Hello -
Many will tell you to click here or there, but not via the command prompt program face.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any viruses or other types of malware that opens visible command prompt windows. Particularly any current threats that have been popping up. I want to look into possible solutions to the problem before I have to post the computer over on the malware removal board
It is their pop-ups will often offer you items if you click on their links etc.

Almost all malware is known for redirecting you or offering extras if you continue .........

A good (even free) Antivirus is your main defence, and a good Antimalware (even as a daily cleanup scanner) is also required.

MSE Antivirus from Microsoft, and at least Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM) are 2 simple and effective steps.
These should scan daily and the Antivirus should be set to Real Time (active) protection.

Just good basic measures first, and do not let mum download Anything without calling you   -

Thanks -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521365/visible-command-prompts/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all,

Every time I try to run a program - firefox, spotify, itunes, microsoft security essentials, hell even windows explorer - I get a User Account Control Prompt. I click allow and I can use my programs just fine, but why is the prompt coming up for EVERY SINGLE program I use, and EVERY SINGLE time?

I can't even open up things like control panel or my computer without a prompt.

What's going on, and can I fix this?

Thanks!

A:UAC Prompts me any time I run a program

Change it from "alwats notify" level to "default level"
Thats it

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203850-uac-prompts-me-any-time-i-run-program.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all, I have a user that needs two versions of java. The old version gives the attached error message:

I have looked everywhere in IE and in the Java console. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

I have a computer infected prompting he wuauclt exe message The problem is that I can not run any program defoggger DDs nothing Therefore following instructions I re-started in prompts with WUAUCLT.EXE Virus safe mode with networking ran exehelper ran Rkill then DDS then GMER The Virus with WUAUCLT.EXE prompts results as follows DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Alex at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender disabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows Explorer exeC Users Alex Desktop Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Users Alex Desktop dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www utexas edu uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dllBHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dllBHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllTB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dlluRun MsnMsgr quot c program files windows live messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgrounduRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exeuRun nhukunxh c users alex appdata local xeovwu apcnsysguard exeuRun efnaariw c users alex appdata local vmnqiwaod erhvaottssd exeuRun jucemkwb c users alex appdata roaming ynqpjqbik eyseetrtssd exeuRun fjdwvwjg c users alex appdata local vampjhoax ehhxmwutssd exeuRun lpjtgtec c users alex appdata local nbspjaosb epmvsjetssd exeuRun hfkmogqi c users alex appdata local knnpjrcko exaobmhtssd exeuRun ctmfxrcn c users alex appdata local ibjojjpbd egoijpjtssd exeuRun xinxheos c users alex appdata local goeojbcsq eocbrsltssd exeuRun swpqpqay c users alex appdata roaming ebyojspke ewqtavotssd exeuRun olqjydme c users alex appdata local bouojjdcr egfnhyqtssd exeuRun foturbkp c users alex appdata roaming wokojsdlt ewhyxfvtssd exemRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hidemRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exemRun OEM Mon exe c windows OEM Mon exemRun PSQLLauncher quot c program files fingerprint reader suite launcher exe quot startupmRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -startmRun PCMService quot c program files dell mediadirect PCMService exe quot mRun ECenter c dell e-center EULALauncher exemRun Google Desktop Search quot c program files google google desktop search GoogleDesktop exe quot startupmRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMon... Read more

A:Virus with WUAUCLT.EXE prompts

Hello Please do The following. do it in normal mode first, run RKill and try combofix if it will not run , do in safe mode as we did the othersIt may be helpful for you to print out or take a copy of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.:run combofix:Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully Please continue as follows:Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you. Please include the report in your next post:C:\ComboFix.txt"information and logs"In your next post I need the following Log From Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have hadHow is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332171/virus-with-wuaucltexe-prompts/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello, I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate, I'm familiar with being prompted for administrator access with Vista, (My Room mates both have Vista Home Edition) But for whatever reason i'm being prompted any time I try to access/move files from my secondary hard drive or when interacting with the programs file folder on my C drive.

How do I stop this from happening?

Relevancy 38.7%

Asking this for a friend: Does anyone here use Avira Antivirus? When you perform a scan using the Windows Explorer shell extension (context menu), do you get a UAC prompt each time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/386368-avira-antivirus-uac-prompts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Not very computer literate here. Is there an easy way to disable UAC prompts for specific programs in a standard user account? I've tried numerous things, none seem to work. Help appreciated

A:UAC Prompts for Standard User

Forgot, Windows 8.1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561160/uac-prompts-for-standard-user/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey folks,
Finally I am tired of Vista asking my approval for every thing. I don't mind the prompts for Trend Micro. But is there away I can turn off all the "allow" prompts when I want to install some items?

A:Need to turn off all the security prompts??

Hi ggodwin,

For information on how to do this, please see the following Tutorial: User Account Control (UAC)
   Warning
Make sure you read the WARNING section first.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/202849-need-turn-off-all-security-prompts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hi i have an old desktop that hasn't been hooked up to high speed internet in about years just a dial up connection we just recently go high speed on it and the rest of your computers at home computers on the network a NAS and on this at prompts up start cmd Random computer for about the past - years has always had random cmd prompts run at start up C windows system ssc exe i usually close them and since we Random cmd prompts at start up were on dial up i would have to ok it to get to the internet But now since we have the high speed i guess they managed to connect got charged to newegg through my paypal account last night i already changed all my passwords to all banks credit cards ect and closed my paypal account now that that's done i want this virus gone gmer could not run it would but it slowed my computer down so much it froze but here are the dds logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Random cmd prompts at start up Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Synology Data Replicator SynoDrService exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Random cmd prompts at start up OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS Gtwatch exe C WINDOWS gtwatch exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system srvcc exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C WINDOWS system mdmdd exe C WINDOWS system sscc exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System regscan exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS PSEXESVC EXE C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my ebay com ws eBayISAPI dll MyEbay amp gbh uSearch Page hxxp srch-us hpwis com uDefault Page URL hxxp us hpwis com uDefault Search URL hxxp srch-us hpwis com uWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by CenturyLink mDefault Page URL hxxp us hpwis com mDefault Search URL hxxp srch-us hpwis com mSearch Page hxxp srch-us hpwis com mSearch Bar hxxp srch-us hpwis com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost BHO Yahoo Companion BHO d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn ycomp dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper ocx BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB hp toolkit b e - d d- deb- b - d bcf f - c hp explorebar HPTOOLKT DLL TB Yahoo Companion ef bd -c fb- d - ... Read more

A:Random cmd prompts at start up

Hello, and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

Thanks,
K27.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-cmd-prompts-at-start-up-509838.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey everyone I just signed on and am a student taking a course to gain my
Comp TIA A+ Certification, just starting the command line. Is there any site or forum that can help me understand the How To's for using the command line for new users?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

A:Common Command Prompts

There's SS64.com which about the most complete reference for Windows cmd.exe commands and utilities there is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436916/common-command-prompts/
Relevancy 38.7%

I just wanted to report an issue I was having with iTunes, not TOO big of a deal since it still works. But here and there when I open the program it prompts me to Agree to the End User License Agreement and then proceeds to open the program. The only time I have ever run across this was right after I installed the program and if in any circumstance my iTunes Library was lost. Fortunately when the program loads soon after it does show my entire library. This has happened to me at random about 3 times and is not every time.

Anyone else having this issue?

I am using RC (64 bit).

A:iTunes on RC b4 bit prompts EULA

I had a problem during loading; it got about 80% loaded then locked up. Rebooted then reloaded, now it is working fine. Attempted to see if it was possible to create your situation, albeit couldn't. Might try reloading. Can't think of anything else.

Using RC 64 bit on a Q9300 Quad (Intel)

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/9853-itunes-rc-b4-bit-prompts-eula.html
Relevancy 38.7%

It seems that most, if not all, the times that I remove a USB device (e.g. my iPod), I get a firewall authorization request, seemingly from Microsoft: "Device Display Object Function Discovery Provider".
Is this familiar to anyone?

A:Repetitive Authorization Prompts

All I can tell you is that it is legitimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/73324-repetitive-authorization-prompts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I am using CCleaner-64 bit and every time I use it, I am prompted if I want to allow the program to make changes to the computer. This is a real pain. Anyway to stop this prompt?

A:CCleaner always prompts to allow change?

Hi flycaster, their is usually an option to tick to prevent asking permission.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/189240-ccleaner-always-prompts-allow-change.html
Relevancy 38.7%

In that Desktop & Gadgets No UAC Prompts we are Beta testing Ultimate there are built-in controls for UAC you won't find in quot lesser quot versions One is called quot Elevate without prompting quot What this means is you can leave your UAC settings as they are now but not get popups whenever you do anything which means you can have your Gadgets and in appearance not have UAC No UAC Prompts & Desktop Gadgets How to change the elevation prompt behavior for administrators Click Start click Accessories click Run type secpol msc in the Open box and then click OK From the Local Security Settings console tree click Local Policies and then Security Options Scroll down to and double-click User Account Control Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators From the drop-down menu select the following setting Elevate without prompting tasks requesting elevation will automatically run as elevated without prompting the administrator Click OK Close the Local Security Settings window It works only in Ultimate but be very very careful about what you install after you change these settings

A:No UAC Prompts & Desktop Gadgets

Now, remember, kids, this will make your system *more* vulnerable as all apps will be able to elevate themselves without you ever seeing a prompt - and that includes malware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/1918-no-uac-prompts-desktop-gadgets.html
Relevancy 38.7%

please find included my hijackthis log I was redirected to a site and clicked the wrong button on a prompt and cannot seem to remove the problem from my computer I think it lists it under add remove software listed as internet service it also installed a Alerts, Prompts System And toolbar option that i disabled can i get help please Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files NetProject scit exeC Program Files NetProject scm exeC Program Files NetProject sbmntr exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files NetProject sbsm exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared System Alerts, And Prompts VAScanner comHost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R System Alerts, And Prompts - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet System Alerts, And Prompts Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRA Yahoo common yiesrvc dllO - BHO helper - F DB B- E - B - D F-B D D AA B - C WINDOWS system dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - C -A D - F- - D E B - C Program Files NetProject sbmdl dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Compani... Read more

A:System Alerts, And Prompts

these are the sites it keeps re-directing me too, and making my home page.

www.virusranger.com/?aid=5338

securitypills.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138745/system-alerts-and-prompts/
Relevancy 38.7%

Since I enabled my UAC, some programs like MalwareBytes and Kodak EasyShare always prompt me to allow them to make changes. Is there an easy work-around for these annoying prompts without turning off my UAC?

Relevancy 38.7%

I received Zone Alarm prompt asking if OGAEXEC.EXE can access the internet - does anyone know what ogaexec.exe is?

A:zone alarm prompts

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...02081820AAGR4pjLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297130/zone-alarm-prompts/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey everyone I read an article a couple months ago about UAC's usefulness combined with some logic about making sure admin rights aren't so easy to get for malware so I decided I'd reactivate it I don't mind the prompts and so far they've all been expected which is good P However there is one problem I have a Sentelic quot Finger Sensing Pad quot on my Asus G SX Normally I have it set reactivates UAC prompts Touchpad after to disable the touchpad whenever a USB mouse is Touchpad reactivates after UAC prompts plugged in which is always because I absolutely despise touchpads There's no way that I know of to completely disable it unfortunately Anyway whenever I accept decline a UAC prompt my touchpad reactivates itself regardless of if Touchpad reactivates after UAC prompts my mouse is plugged in so I'm forced to unplug my mouse and plug it back in in order for it to detect that it should be shut off Touchpad reactivates after UAC prompts Is there any way for me to make it so this doesn't happen It isn't horribly inconvenient but I'd really like to not have the problem anymore Thanks

A:Touchpad reactivates after UAC prompts

The Sentelic Touchpad 9.1.7.7 driver is supposed to correct the UAC issue. Apparently the trackpad becomes active when User Account Control window is up but it will deactivate itself again almost immediately after the UAC window is closed. Download here:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...7_64_Z9177.zip

I do see suggestions to boot into safe mode for installing.

BTW, Fn+F9 should disable it assuming you have the Sentelic driver installed.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253042-touchpad-reactivates-after-uac-prompts.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Good morning,
Im running Win7 64. IE9 patched up to date. I installed two programs that assist with World of Tanks data. I normally do not take a chance with something like these stand alone programs (Dokaninstall was one of them, the other I unstalled and dont have the download anymore). Since installing these, most pages loaded into IE give the option to allow scripts or activex controls. This didnt happen before. Ive unstalled the programs, restarted the pc, it still gives me the popup that I am concerned about. Any ideas why this should suddenly have started?

A:IE9 prompts to run scripts or activex

Hello SGarv,

You might see if also completely resetting IE9 back to default may help.

Internet Explorer - Reset

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/279988-ie9-prompts-run-scripts-activex.html
Relevancy 38.27%

so is there any differenced between thses two and I nedd both of them?

A:Do I need both Skype app and Skype for desktop?

Unless you are on an RT tablet I would just use the desktop version, from the reviews the app is not very good, perhaps after some future updates it will be better.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16445-do-i-need-both-skype-app-skype-desktop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been using Skype paid calls for business usage and have huge problems with the Other side not hearing me well or at all. It used to work OK but now I have to restart hub or reconnect or just wait . This is for calls to International. If I call skype to skype it is OK most of time. My provider BT has checked all hub settings and network seems fine. I am about to give up on skype to non skype as a business option and the fact I am spending good money and cant get instant support really doesnt help. I am out of ideas
Using Vista with Broadband wireless hub and have good connection with other devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-to-non-skype-no-quality.821193/
Relevancy 38.27%

I don't understand what are the benefits of using UWP vs desktop apps (like Viber and Skype) and having two versions installed on my PC seems a bit strange.

A:Should I use Skype UWP or Skype Desktop app on my PC?

The future is the UWP app. It will be replacing the desktop app. Benefits are notification integration and security.
I would go with the new app. It appears to work well here as a preview, and only expect it to get better.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435964-should-i-use-skype-uwp-skype-desktop-app-my-pc.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I keep getting a bunch of opening and suddenly closing command prompts that at the tab usually say quot C system and it happens every start up for a few seconds they keep closing and opening without anything happening on the side This started happening after I've canceled the Spybot Search amp Destroy start up scan DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Vengeance at on BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG On-access scanning enabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D SP AVG enabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP avast antivirus VPS - enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe at Continious up! command start prompts -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - Continious command prompts at start up! - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system PnkBstrB exe C Windows System nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system Tablet exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system WTablet TabUserW exe C Windows system Tablet exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Packard Bell FIJI ABoard exe C Program Files Packard Bell FIJI AOSD exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files MessengerDiscovery MessengerDiscovery exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows system wuauclt exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Users Vengeance Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp cashcrate com BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO B- F - - -F EE FCB EC - No File BHO E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - No File BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File BHO Spybot-S amp D IE P... Read more

A:Continious command prompts at start up!

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

The reason your Vista system got infected is likely due to the fact that the UAC has been disabled. Please read this

Before you go any further, protect this system and re-enable that feature. Click Start>Control Panel>User Accounts and turn it back on.

Due to the restrictions on Vista, all tools should be started by right-click > Run as Administrator

If you click 'Start' and have no 'Run' function, please right-click Start > Properties > Start menu tab > Customize button > and tick 'Display Run' box > OK > OK.

While Spybot's TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware, it can sometimes prevent tools from fixing certain things.
Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your logs are clean.Open Spybot Search & Destroy.
In the Mode menu click Advanced mode if not already selected.
Choose Yes at the Warning prompt.
Expand the Tools menu.
Click Resident.
Uncheck the Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active. box.
If TeaTimer gives you a warning that changes were made, click the Allow Change box when prompted.
In the File menu click Exit to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.

If for some reason during these fixes you receive prompts from Spybot about whether to Allow or Deny any changes, please Allow them all.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/continious-command-prompts-at-start-up-445309.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I deleted unused programs from my PC and it started prompting to install Microsoft Money when opening all kinds of programs - IE for example. I restored back to a point before I deleted the unused programs but the annoying prompt still appears. I have click CANCEL 2,3, or even 4 times before the program will start. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem without instaalling Money?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/prompts-to-install-microsoft-money-312325.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Acer Aspire M5
Running Windows 8.1

At start up I am continually prompted to run "SafeSearch.exe." Ever since this started happening my computer has been running slowly. Hoping this is the sole reason for it, but I am not positive that it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safesearch-exe-cannot-uninstall-prompts-at-startup.1138920/
Relevancy 38.27%

Help I keep getting prompts from the MB Downloader to install on my computer So far it just asks me to select a program to open it with and I cancel it It appears to open when my computer recovers from sleep mode or starts up Other than popping up I don t see any changes in how my computer runs or operates Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hp QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin prompts Install 876970 for MB_Downloader jusched exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Install prompts for MB_Downloader 876970 Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Install prompts for MB_Downloader 876970 Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO BatterBHO - D C -AB - C-A E-B D - C Program Files Batter Batter dll file missing O - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler ProgramFilesFolder Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run WAWifiMessage ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -... Read more

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,
After the IE 11 is upgraded, If the internet explore opened where home page is set, it prompts for user name and password. If it is canceled it opens the home page.
But need to know why User Name and Password Prompts.

Regards,
Boopathi

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/71ef991b-d7fe-4e14-82ce-7f54adee7252/ie11-prompts-for-user-name-and-password?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello currently i am working on automating a report process to create a sheet from pivot tables The next step is to fill in columns Q R S with verbiage from another Book saved on Sharepoint Both Excel name? for but VBA a vlookup prompts a file to apply files are housed on sharepoint Is it possible to add to the below macro to add VBA to apply a vlookup but prompts for a file name? the vloopkup to the columns listed above that references a sheet VBA to apply a vlookup but prompts for a file name? that doesnt exist at the beginning of the month but will in the second week Example currently using the macro below it generates my report columns Q R and S will be blank the first week but second week it will not I need a VBA to copy that commentary over to the newly generated file each week that i can then Save As and overwrite the existing file saved on sharepoint See code below Sub ARC '' ARC Macro' Dim ws As Worksheet Dim SelectedCell As Range Range C Select Selection ShowDetail True ActiveSheet Name ARC Columns A C Select Selection Delete Shift xlToLeft Columns P AG Select Selection Delete Shift xlToLeft Columns A D ColumnWidth Columns E E ColumnWidth Columns F F ColumnWidth Columns G G ColumnWidth Columns H H ColumnWidth Columns J J ColumnWidth Columns K K ColumnWidth Columns L L ColumnWidth Columns M M ColumnWidth Columns N N ColumnWidth Range P Select ActiveCell FormulaR C My Comments Range Q Select ActiveCell FormulaR C Final Decision Range R Select ActiveCell FormulaR C Opportunity Columns P P ColumnWidth Columns R R ColumnWidth Cells Select With Selection Font Name Arial Size End With ActiveWindow Zoom Cells Select With Selection WrapText True End With Columns B B Select Selection Insert Shift xlToRight CopyOrigin xlFormatFromLeftOrAbove ActiveCell FormulaR C Range B Select ActiveCell FormulaR C SUBTOTAL R C RC Columns B B ColumnWidth ' New workbook Sheets ARC Select Sheets ARC Move ' Sub UploadToSharepoint Dim SharepointAddress As String Dim LocalAddress As String Dim DestFile As String Dim SourceFile As String Dim objNet As Object Dim FS As Object SharepointAddress Sharepointlink LocalAddress Sharepointlink SourceFile Automation Project xlsm DestFile Generated ARC xlsm Set objNet CreateObject WScript Network Set FS CreateObject Scripting FileSystemObject ActiveWorkbook SaveAs Filename SharepointAddress DestFile FileFormat xlOpenXMLWorkbookMacroEnabled CreateBackup False Set objNet Nothing Set FS Nothing Windows Generated ARC xlsm Activate Range A Select ActiveWorkbook Save End Submessage edited by phatguy

A:VBA to apply a vlookup but prompts for a file name?

Please click on the blue line at the end of this post and read the instructions on how to post VBA code in this forum. By using the pre tags, you will be able to retain the indentation of the code and make it easier for us to follow.May I also suggest that you clean up your code to make it both easier to read and more efficient. For example, it is rarely required that you Select a cell within VBA in order to perform and action on it.For example, these instructions...
Range("P1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "My Comments"
Range("Q1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Final Decision"
Range("R1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Opportunity"...can (should) be written as:
Range("P1") = "My Comments"
Range("Q1") = "Final Decision"
Range("R1") = "Opportunity"
Without reviewing your code in it's entirety, I'm fairly confident in saying that you can probably eliminate every instance of .Select and condense multiple lines of code into a single instruction.That said, I'm not 100% sure that I understand your question:Is it possible to add to the below macro to add the vloopkup to the columns listed above that references a sheet that doesnt exist at the beginning of the month but will in the second week?Are you looking for VBA code that will allow you construct a VLOOKUP formula that references a non-existent workbook without it causing an error, then when the workbook is created, it will return the desired value? e.g., in English:"If MyFile does not exist, return a blank cell but if MyFile does exist, perform a VLOOKUP referencing that file."Am I close?Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/vba-to-apply-a-vlookup-but-prompts-for-a-file-name/19872.html
Relevancy 38.27%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3840101.stm

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/download_ject.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-browser-flaw-prompts-warning.243334/
Relevancy 38.27%

I performed the free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period many months ago.  Today, I started being prompted to activate windows.  When I look at the system info, windows shows up as already activated.  I have
this version of Windows installed under Parallels Desktop on my Mac and have been using this setup with several versions of Windows for many years without major incident.  Now the aberrant activation request is preventing me from logging on to Citrix
both on the windows partition and now on the Mac partition even though Citrix has nothing to do with Windows.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eb5c0b27-c79d-4522-9828-04070069bf68/windows-10-is-already-activated-but-prompts-to-activate?forum=itprovistaactivation