Windows Support Forum

Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

Q: Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

Hi all, I have just joined your formum as I have a number of acumulated queries re. Windows 7.   To keep it clear, will divided them into separate posts.  This first one is re. Skype which I have used many years on Windows XP and until recently on another pc with Windows7 without issue.    My latest pc has Win7 Pro 64-bit, and I am surprised, that after installing Skype, each time I run it from the desktop icon, I get a UAC prompt do I want to allow Skype to make changes.   I installed with same preference as on previous machines, only to load on request, i.e not start when Windows is booted.

Apart from that, Skype runs as it usually does.

Can anyone tell me what is causing UAC prompt to appear each time I run it, and how to fix it ?

I thank you in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why doe Skype, after it has been installed, keep invoking UAC prompts ?

All my programs do this, it is because I have a high level on UAC.  To stop this you must lower your UAC level in Windows. 

Here is a guide from Microsoft on how to adjust UAC in Windows 7 & 8.

good luck
cz

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545683/why-doe-skype-after-it-has-been-installed-keep-invoking-uac-prompts/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Guys
I'm not so clued up about how to use forums but I tried looking for similar problem here for a solution but nothing.
every time I plug on a new USB flash/external HDD or mobile phone it gives me a message "device was unsuccessfully installed" now I cant access any removable device. yet all my old devices still work.

Please help!!!

A:Unsucessfully installed usb devices win 7 64 bit

Hello there,
Have you tried to update your USB Host controller drivers? If updating doesn't work reinstall them.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsucessfully-installed-usb-devices-win-7-64-bit.208840/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all!!!! My name is John. I am trying to find some help with an issue that arose after I installed a new hard drive in my computer. I started getting a message that stated:

C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Local\Conduit\API Support\API Support.dll

Anyone know how I can repair this? I saved an image of my system before installing the new hard drive and then just downloaded the image to the new hard drive. HELP!!! please!!

A:Installed new hard drive

You might just need to run some registry cleaners to fix and remove those corrupt registry keys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive.201991/
Relevancy 23.22%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.199330/
Relevancy 23.22%

Is this the right Forum I have an older Compaq nc with a failing Fujitsu G HD that I decided to replace with a SSD PATA IDE drive Transcend TS GSD GB IDE Hardware Agere Systems AC Modem Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Intel R Ultra ATA Storage Controler - CA HL-DT-ST RW DVD GCC- N DVD Drive ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series Display Adapter Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection O Micro OZ M MemoryCardBus Controller Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz Started machine with OS recovery disk to load windows XP Loaded SP and all drivers Computer seemed SSD Hard Drive installed OK at first Then every time it is started up Windows loads up SSD Hard Drive installed to the background and stalls It takes another minutes or so to get the task bar and systray Also after a minute or so a window opens to tell me that a driver for some hardware has successfully loaded but the list of the hardware is blank Then the CPU maxes out the fan starts and the machine slows way down When I look at processes in Task Manager there is a svchost that is using of the CPU cycles When I kill this svchost process the machine runs much more in line with what I expected What do I do to fix it I need for this computer to run with the SSD drive nbsp

A:SSD Hard Drive installed

Is the SSD seen by the bios? The OS recovery disk is in a CD drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-hard-drive-installed.198946/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys I ve recently installed a new hard drive on my desktop PC It s a GB quot drive that I removed off of a new laptop I got The drive works great BUT ever since I installed it I get a really annoying drive, hard boot new get message Installed on message every time I boot my machine It s some sort of copyright disclaimer It says the brand of the HDD Hitachi and lists the copyright of the disk management system or something like that It says copyright jmicron com and then quot Hit enter to continue quot The message is displayed maybe for seconds and it disappears on its own so no need to press enter Pressing enter will get rid of it faster So yes Installed new hard drive, get message on boot it s not an error but it s annoying and it adds to Installed new hard drive, get message on boot my boot time I m assuming the exact brand and model of the HDD isn t relevant nor is it the message but if it is let me know and I ll post that information I m not near my PC at the moment Is there an option in the BIOS or msconfig I Installed new hard drive, get message on boot could change to get rid of this Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM Mhz GB Samsung SSD Main drive additional HDDs GB GB and GB ATI Radeon HD GB W Power Supply W nbsp

A:Installed new hard drive, get message on boot

A little help with this, please? I'm baffled, I'm no computer newbie and I've installed many-a hard drives before, but I had never gotten this message after installation. The exact model of the hard drive is:

Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

This is a picture of the message:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive-get-message-on-boot.197890/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone I ve been having a little problem and hopefully someone from the community might be GT Problem installed 610 Newly GeForce able Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem to help I own a really basic computer that I ve had for years I don t use it for gaming or anything like that Mainly sufing the web really basic none labour intensive tasks Anyway I started getting random BSOD problems and the code that came with the shutdown pointed to it being a driver problem I was using a fairly old driver anyway as I d have previous problems with BSOD s with the updated versions After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different drivers the problem wasn t going away Until after one BSOD and restart the screen was completely filled with either green or pink pixels depending on the background colour After a little research I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was on it s way out I should say at this point that the old graphics car was a GeForce GS So not wanting to have to upgrade anything but the gpu and also not wanting to spend a great deal of money that really dont have at the moment I started searching for a replacement card for my system I finally settled on a GeForce GT as it sounded simpler to replace Nvidia for Nvidia in this case and was pretty basic After researching and installng the new gpu I started up the computer to see wether I d still have the pixel problem or not Low and behold they had gone and I thought my troubles were behind me hahaha how wrong I was Without any of the Nvidia driver installed uninstalled in control panel and DriveSweeper used running on the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I had no problems at all and my cpu usage when idle was fine I then updated the drivers to the latest version and numerous other versions throughout the day and started getting a problem When the computer attempted to do any task no matter how basic it would stutter The loading icon next to the mouse stopping starting and freeze continuously which it had never really done before I opened up tast manager to check what was going on and in the performance tab the cpu usage was at in an idle state After checking processes for all users I couldn t see anything that seemed to be causing the cpu usage to be that high There were numerous quot svchost exe quot open but only as many as there were without the drivers installed and they weren t using any more memory than normal either Running HWMonitor showed all my voltages and temperatures to be fine I ve also checked my voltages with a voltage testing machine and they cam back fine Every time I uninstall the driver and use the standard vga its fine then as soon as the driver is install I m getting the lagging and high cpu usage problem So does anyone think they could possibly shed some light on what might be going wrong Could it be a clash in the hardware But obviously I m so far away from being an expert it s not funny haha Any help would be appreciated and sorry for such a long winded essay Congrats if you managed to read it to the end System specs CPU - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - GigaByte GA-T MG Old GPU - GeForce GS New GPU - GeForce GT PSU - XFX Pro W RAM - GB DDR Storage - Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS Thanks nbsp

A:Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Try this:
1) Download, do not install, the latest nVidia driver from here (32bit).
2) Create a system restore point before proceeding. Use these directions for assistance.
3) Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller from here.
4) Check the boxes that state "Remove PhysX" and "Remove C:\AMD or C:\NVIDIA folders" and "Save log files in startup path".
5) Chose the option "Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer".
6) Let the computer reboot/restart.
7) Install the driver you downloaded in step 1.

If this does not work, there is an issue with the GPU. You will need to RMA it and get a new one. Tell the manufacturer that you are having issues. They will usually comply and send a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-geforce-gt-610-problem.197095/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-audio-device-installed-but-still-no-sound.165169/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop computer that the power supply recently went on so I replaced it and now the computer is not recognizing the CD/DVD drives?

When I first installed it and powered the computer on it said I had a Floppy Diskette Seek Failure . I don't have any floppy drives installed so I disabled it through the BIOS and now I noticed the drives aren't working . I have two drives installed one to play dvds and burn cds and the other is a dvd burner . Both of the drives power up and you can hear the disk spinning but nothing happens and the computer doest show I have them?

A:Installed New Power Supply / CD Drives not recognized

The old PSU may have taken out the motherboard when it fried - fairly common, especially with the cheap O.E.M. units used by Dell. Also, some Dell boards are proprietary, which means the connectors may not be standard ATX - Check the pinout on the 24 pin ATX connector to make sure it matches on both PSUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-power-supply-cd-drives-not-recognized.193915/
Relevancy 29.24%

I recently downloaded the latest Skype for Android to my Motorola Droid M smartphone. When I make a Video Call on Skype there is no option for a Speaker option so I can only hear via the phone earpiece. I have tried using earbuds but the sound can not be heard. I couldn't find any help on the Skype site and others appear to have the same issue. Does anyone know how I can "fix" this myself or how you actually speak with Skype Support?
Thank you,

A:Motorola Droid M and Skype Video Speaker option

Post this question here: http://community.skype.com/t5/English/ct-p/English?profile.language=en.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-droid-m-and-skype-video-speaker-option.193707/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hiya,

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

Help?

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-neither-new-nor-old-card-sends-signal-to-display.192721/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-laptop-screen-but-wont-turn-on-when-installed.192648/
Relevancy 22.36%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-win7-64-bit-and-screwed-up-the-partitions.188931/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone I have recently bought a laptop samsung R Specs AMD Phenom II x N gb ram DDR gb 6GB RAM N970, Samsung R525 installed, laptop 1.5GB of usable HDD gb dedicated Radeon M Radeon onboard win x You can also look here So all is prefect in this rig except phys memory in system properties it says gb installed and usable There are two slots one has in it gb of ram another- gb It looks like only gb s stick is used because is usable other mb are shared with onboard gpu Where are the other gb is Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable a mystery Resource monitor shows gb reserved by hardware but BIOS sees all installed Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable as well as memtest I actually tried everything reinstall ram didnt Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable swap though looked at system config where it was unchecked in memory section pagefile is okay system is x BIOS doesnt have mem remap feature but it s a modern BIOS so I guess it s enabled per default So I m kinda lost and I want customer support contacted as a last resort What should I do update BIOS or try to change those sticks but then they ll be turned by side will it work I searched hell a lot on that ram topic but nothing was helpful Thank you and looking forward for your advices nbsp

A:Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable

Type msinfo32 in Run Command, what does it show?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-laptop-r525-n970-6gb-of-ram-installed-1-5gb-usable.169350/
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-installed-but-still-gives-code-10.181181/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've just recently bought brand new parts to build a desktop and everything was running smoothly until I installed the video card. The monitor wouldn't display anything anymore. After removing the video card, everything worked perfectly again. However, when the video card was plugged in, the fans were running but the monitor was still not displaying anything. Could this be an issue with the mobo, videocard, psu, or monitor?

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI Bios

Video Card: MSI Twin Frozr iii Radeon 7950

PSU: Corsair 750watts Bronze plus

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Processor: Intel i7 2600k

Monitor: ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor W/Speakers

A:Monitor not displaying anything with graphics card installed

Did you disable onboard video? sometimes if you use the mobo's video output it gets confuzzled when you switch to a dedicated GPU. also are you plugging everything in correctly? have you updated drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-displaying-anything-with-graphics-card-installed.183979/
Relevancy 23.22%

Soooooo, my hard disk crashed before I did a backup, I have no recovery disks, toshiba doesnt ship to afghanistan, I bought a SSD drive, I bought Win 7 64 bit. Before this I tried to recover files by any means necessary, to no avail it dleted all my files and drivers. I installed win 7 and realized I had no drivers. From the Toshiba website I installed all drivers for my model L655D-5066. Everything works except the sound. I click on the speakers fron the device manager and win tells me all the drivers are up to date. The driver installed for sound is conexant smart audio hd 4.119 something. The driver for the speakers is windows 6.1. something; it will not let me use the conexant or anything else. What do I have to or need to do?

This is what I see...

A:Installed drivers but no sound

Not sure if I can help, but will take a look...

List any Problem devices

Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-drivers-but-no-sound.182977/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, I've searched google all over, tried various things but nothing seems to change it

Using Win7 x64, PC Spec:

Intel i7 920
Asus Rampage Genisis 2
I have 3 x 2GB Corsair, (6GB) installed in slot A1, B1 and C1.

Windows only seems to pick up on 4GB however I do have 6GB installed.
I ran CPU-Z to scan my system and it picked up all 3 sticks, they're just not being used for some reason.

Any help greatly appreciated, I have moved the sticks around, reseated them and my CPU (no bent pins) so i'm pretty confident it is either a win7 64 bit issue, maybe a setting somewhere or BIOS settings. Note that I do not have Memory Remapping in my BIOS, is there an alternative?

A:RAM 4GB used 6GB installed

Has Windows ever picked up 6GB? If not then maybe one of the sticks if faulty?

I had the exact same issue as you, one day Windows was randomly missing a 2GB stick but CPU-Z was showing everything there. I took all the RAM sticks out, blew them with compressed air and it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-4gb-used-6gb-installed.176059/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just installed a firewire card into my first PCI slot The monitor would not turn on I removed the firewire card and the monitor worked I put the firewire card back in and removed Monitor not card graphics while working installed the PCIx Graphics Card The monitor worked I m running without a graphics card in the PCIx slot at this point I m just running my monitor through the onboard graphics card So far I Monitor not working while graphics card installed ve -installed the drivers for the firewire port -Upgraded the power supply to w from w -I ve messed around in BIOS but I m not exactly sure what I m looking for The system -ASUS CM Purchased in from Best Buy -The graphics card came with the computer but I dont have the specs on it I know it s NVIDIA GEFORCE but I m not sure what model exactly Nothing super fancy GT if I had to guess -The firewire card is a port Dynex card I can t seem to figure this out but I d like to be able to run my Graphics card while my firewire card is connected Also planning on adding another TV tuner card into the nd PCI slot Pleae Help nbsp

A:Monitor not working while graphics card installed

dont quote me on this, but perhaps the PSU cant supply enough power for both cards?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-working-while-graphics-card-installed.182189/
Relevancy 23.65%

Just a quick question im new to builds.

o- Do you actually need a cpu installed to power up the psu and power switch or can you start it up without one.
Regards

A:Power up without CPU installed?

You can fire up the PSU without a motherboard or anything else by simply shorting the green wire to any of the black wires with a paperclip or similar piece of metal.

A motherboard should not work without a CPU brain, so I'm not sure what you could gain by turning on the board without a CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-up-without-cpu-installed.178008/
Relevancy 23.22%

ok before i tried installing it i went to device manager disabled and uninstalled my onboard vedio card. then i installed the new graphic card but i get no signal VGA trough DVI... then i went back to my onboard graphics card with the new Graphics card still in VGA TO VGA and still get no signal.. But when i removed the New Graphics card. and plug in VGA to VGA to my onboards graphics i get a signal?

A:Installed graphic card no signal?

Do you have more than one port on the graphics card?
If so have you checked all ports for a signal?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-graphic-card-no-signal.177691/
Relevancy 20.21%

Thank s to Broni I will not HP not "Printer Officejet is.." print installed/services that Windows needs just shook a nasty Trojan virus However now that s all taken care of -the printer is not working The printer is a HP Officejet J All-in-One It prints scans and is a fax machine When I go on Microsoft Word and type in quot testing quot on a document and hit print the printer will print my sheet out no problems However if I try to print a picture or pdf file this HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.." error message pops up For Pictures Print Picutures Error quot This picture can t be printed because no printer is installed or a service that Windows needs is not running quot --- Ok quot Click to expand For Pdf files Adobe Reader quot Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer quot -- Ok quot Click to expand I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer s hardware Made sure the printer s spooler is working that was an issue once a couple months ago Set the printer as the quot Default quot and made sure everything is plugged in correctly Like I said it will print perfectly fine if I go on Microsoft Word gt Edit gt Print gt Print and when it brings up the screen with all your print options I have to go up and select the printer name in the drop down box So my guess is that the other programs are not picking up on the printer by themselves because on Microsoft Word I have to manually select it Any ideas on how to fix this Any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.."

uninstall the printer; reboot and then reinstall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-officejet-will-not-print-printer-not-installed-services-that-windows-needs-is.176927/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

A:Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 23.22%

Well after reading quite lots of threads related to quot no audio output device is installed quot and trying No is installed audio output device different things and suggestions I am stuck with this problem The above message is shown under Vista and Win So I get this message in Vista and Win I have an acer aspire and the sound only works for a couple of minutes no matter what the operating system is - I tried Win Vista XPSP and XPSP and always installed the latest driver from the manufacturer site I also downloaded and installed the latest bios version No audio output device is installed for this laptop And still no sound I dismatled the laptop times to look at the motherboard and see if anything is OK There are no bad caps or burnt or anything I realized that after hardware reset the sound comes but only for - minutes at most Then the sound is cut out and after reboot the Realtek High definition audio disapeears from device manager My question is if the hardware is faulty is it possible to work No audio output device is installed after harware reset for a few minutes I also tried installing Backtrack and still the same So it s obviously not an operating sistem issue nor a bios one and not a driver either I tried different versions of driver Anyone could help me out nbsp

A:No audio output device is installed

Is this a New Acer, or have you had it for a while.
Many Acer's are not capable of being over-driven. They will become hot and sometimes fail when over-driven at high volume
If it is still under warranty, get it replaced or repaired, and hope you have not voided the warranty by doing your own internal examinations.
If out of warranty, it is possible you may need to replace the system board.
Now might be the time to have an experienced Acer tech take a gander at the innards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.174735/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am having issues with a wireless trendnet card, I found the driver for it and it is working, however it will only connnect to unsecured networks not secured. It is a Wireless g card. Any help in the matter would be appreciated.

A:No connection after wireless card installed

You have to supply the proper ID's and passwords for the secured networks, in order for the wireless network card to connect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-connection-after-wireless-card-installed.174702/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is the message I keep getting on boot up. I was messing around in the bios before I was getting this message. I managed to reinstall Windows 7 and it is working fine. The hard drive is Sata. I may have plugged it into another sata port on the board. Anyone have a clue how I can fix this?

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, version UPSD Source 08-24-2007
Copyright (c0 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives**
Please wait. This will take few seconds.

Controller Bus#0 Device#1F, Function#2: 06 ports, 01 Devices
Port-01: No Device Connected
Port-02: No Device Connected
Port-03: No Device Connected
Port-04: No Device Connected
Port-05: No Device Connected
AHCI BIOS not installed

A:Getting AHCI BIOS not installed message

go into your bios and turn off AHCI mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-ahci-bios-not-installed-message.173476/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello guys this is a problem I ve been dealing with devices audio No installed for quite some time though I never really tried to No audio devices installed solve it until a while ago The main problem is this I wanted to post a pic of the icon but I couldnt due to lack of posts its the speaker icon with the white cross on the red background icon showing up when I right click it and go to volume mixer it tells me there are no audio devices installed I ve tried multiple things to solve the problem I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them didnt work I removed my onboard sound card with device manager and plugged in an usb sound card to see if that would solve the problem didnt work I went to device manager removed the onboard sound card then had device manager look for uninstalled hardware it reinstalled the onboard sound card but didnt change the no audio devices installed thing Is there something left I can try to do I d appreciate any bit of help I can get PS Im using a Windows Vista if there are any specs you need to know about just ask Btw when I look in device manager or control panel -- gt Sound there is never a problem stated I dont use speakers and usually have headphones plugged in Also when I start a game like Skyrim it quits and tells me Skyrim needs a sound card in order to run even though there s definately one onboard not working though nbsp

A:No audio devices installed

List any Problem Devices

When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.173350/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I m posting this for a friend He s had a very unfortunate history with his headsets He has had multiple headets on multiple different computers and he s had trouble with all of them His problem is that while he also AND voice output, echo hears audience Skype was in skype we his friends could hear not only him but also his own output and our own echo This has been a very very strange thing because he has disabled every sound device yes also stereo mix but his mic and he turned his volume way down The echo problem is the worst when he unmutes his mic and then slowly gets less with time but the output problem always remains He has had this problem with out of headsets one of which was the same as I had at the time while I had no trouble at all He has always used stereo jack headsets His current headset Razer Carcharias If anybody Skype audience hears voice AND output, also echo would assist with this issue it would be much appreciated Marty Skype audience hears voice AND output, also echo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skype-audience-hears-voice-and-output-also-echo.171853/
Relevancy 22.36%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 23.22%

Alright so last week my graphics card just died while i was playing starcraft 2, went shopping and bought a xfx radeon hd 5550. Hooked it up to hdmi and nothing. The computer runs, the fan is spining on the graphics card but no display.
So i tried to plug my cable into the onboard card but nothing (even when i took out the 5550) but nothing. (used avg too but no go lol )
So i can't really go into the bios or install drivers or anything like that. Sooo what do i do to get my display back without video output?

Mobo Asus m4a785td-m evo
600w PSU, win7 64bit
and the xfx doesnt need external power

And when i mean died, screen flickered and bam the onboard graphic fan died and if failed to startup ever again lol

really appreciate ur help thx in advance

A:Installed XFX Radeon HD 5550 and no display

Are you getting any "beeps" from the board?

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm#

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-xfx-radeon-hd-5550-and-no-display.160151/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys I m new here so hi all So anyhow here s my problem - I have a Dell Inspiron that has been giving me some problems of late where the laptop dies off a hard it dies everytime off disk up laptop but still installed boots New few seconds after booting up I first tried System Restore and it died New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up on me so I just booted into Safe Mode and changed some settings New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up in msconfig It came back to normal temporarily but everytime I scheduled a disk check or attempt to System Restore again it will just black out So I did a PC check and diagnostics and it said that my HDD had failed So in all fairness I bought a new HDD and put it in With the new HDD in it gives me the message quot No boot sector on internal hard drive quot Now thats not actually New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up an error so I put my Vista installation DVD As the files load my laptop blacks out -- yet again Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

A:New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up

Remove the battery and only use the AC adapter. Does the laptop still shut down?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-disk-installed-but-laptop-still-dies-off-everytime-it-boots-up.168441/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is my very first post on this site so let me apologize up front in case I m not following the proper procedure or I m saying something REALLY stupid I XP installed? amount RAM reporting Windows than is of different is Why ve tried to follow the rules provide enough info amp post a properly worded albeit LONG question s I m sure this has been answered here before but I couldn t figure out exactly how to search for it if it is On to the point I have Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed? several PCs Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed? running -bit Windoze XP SP with latest amp greatest updates They each have internal graphics cards that are not being used amp I ve tried to turn them off in the BIOS Most of them do not report the full amount of RAM that is installed in the system when I right click on quot My Computer quot amp choose quot Properties quot PCs have GB of RAM These systems have a GB graphics card amp they report about GB RAM each reports a different amount These are almost totally different PCs with the exact same graphics card PC has GB of RAM This system has a MB graphics card yet it reports GB of RAM I also have PC that has GB of RAM amp a MB graphics card amp it reports GB of RAM PC that has GB of RAM amp a MB graphics card amp it reports GB of RAM Can somebody please explain What am I doing wrong with the systems that are reporting less RAM than is installed or What can I do to get them to report the correct amount of RAM or Why is Windoze XP reporting less RAM than is actually installed or What additional info I can provide so that somebody here has enough info to give me a good answer Thank you nbsp

A:Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed?

Hi Bamim,
A couple of things. What are you using to get the memory info from? You may be seeing the "unused" or availible ram left on your system...not the total installed.
Secondly, The system information does not combine and report Graphics memory/buffer with main system memory. you can download software to see the reporting of Graphics memory.
thirdly, 32 bit operating systems will only recognize up to 4GB of system ram, after reserving a portion for system hardware (memory mapping) it will then report the "availible" or "useable" ram you have at your disposal for running applications.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-windows-xp-reporting-different-amount-of-ram-than-is-installed.166758/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have Dell inspiron 535s it was running well at 800mhz with 2gb of ram(1
+1) .when I installed 4gb ddr2 800 mhz (2+2)it ran at 667 mhz and window showed 3.25gb usable Ram.There is no way I can correct it from BIOS as I didn't find any option of memory remapping or overclocking it.Is there any way I could raise the speed of my Ram and also Raise it to 4gb usable???By the way I am running win7 ultimate.

A:Window detects 3.25GB RAM when I installed 4GB

First, your system only showing usable memory at 3.25GB is perfectly correct. You cannot do anything about that unless you use 64bit windows.

I suspect that the new memory you have fitted has a higher voltage rating and is therefore running at a lower clock speed. Check the voltage rating on the manufacturer's site and then make the adjustment in the Bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-detects-3-25gb-ram-when-i-installed-4gb.166367/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi First let me tell you that I did try to research this problem before posting this I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s w this is probably important It came factory with W and did not include any driver discs I recently purchased Win XP and installed it to a separate HDD My plan is to dual-boot win and XP on two different HDDs if you consider that a dual-boot This seemed XP Fresh installed, the help adapter work need to getting network to work until I found out I cannot connect to the internet with xp I looked on this site for people with similar problems and I came to the conclusion that I need to install the factory driver for my network adapter This is because I dont get the network access icon at the bottom Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work and it wont allow me to set-up a connection Going into the device manager there is a network adapter but I dont think it even works So taking the advice I found on this site I attempted to download the driver for this PC from the HP website They dont even have a driver that supports XP for this Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work POS The network adapter is fine Im on the same PC right now just on my Win OS HDD The connection is great the hardware is great my modem is fine and my router is spiffy It is obviously a problem with XP So assuming my driver is the problem is it possible i can still connect to the internet if the driver doesnt even support xp If you think this isnt the problem or if you have any suggestions for me please let me know nbsp

A:Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work

If you look under Device Manager when on Win 7 you should be able to get the name of the wireless card. And then do a search for XP drivers for that device. You will also need the chipset drivers for the motherboard for XP, those should be available from the manufacturer's site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-xp-installed-need-help-getting-the-network-adapter-to-work.166130/
Relevancy 19.78%

I ve had this problem for years and always just unplugged the IDE drive SATA drive drive with IDE Reinstalling OS installed to before reinstalling I m tired of doing that though and I want to fix it I finally got fed up at all the problems my computer has been having and decided to reinstall Windows I have SATA drives x TB and a Gig and a Gig IDE drive I install the OS to a partition of the gig drive but during the install when it reboots after unpacking the files it always tries to boot from the IDE drive which gives me an error quot BOOTMGR not found quot Even if I go into the boot selection and choose the SATA drive it gives me the message If I installed the OS with the IDE drive plugged in even unplugging that drive and rebooting gives me the error I have to install Reinstalling OS to SATA drive with IDE drive installed Windows with the IDE drive unplugged I haven t looked at it a while but I m pretty sure the IDE drive is set to slave not sure if that matters though since it s the only IDE drive Is there anything I can do about this I m tired of unplugging the drive to reinstall it s just a pain nbsp

A:Reinstalling OS to SATA drive with IDE drive installed

You need to check that the jumpers on the IDE drive are set for slave and check in the Bios that the SATA drive with the OS is set as Primary Master.

I would also check under Integrated Perpherals in the Bios that your IDE set up shows the Serial-ATA controller is enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalling-os-to-sata-drive-with-ide-drive-installed.164208/
Relevancy 23.22%

I installed this PCI-X controller below but into a normal PCI slot Adaptec AIC- W SCSI cause before serious more I not installed, help needed problems BIOS Controller Adapter Card PCI-X I then proceeded to conect the HDD s up GB K BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems RPM Fujitsu Ultra SCSI -pin LVD drives it is a long cable that connects into the controller and at the end has the terminator My OS is on a GB Western Digital WD Raptor with two more Seagate Barracuda TB drives this point I turned the machine on not sure what to expect they are very loud turbine sounding but they were outside of the case since I didn t know if they would work or not Not the hdd not working but the setup cause I knowing nothing about SCSI and plus the drives in a normal size case lights blink on and off at times on the scsi hdd s The machine saw the controller and I was able to access the config utility was telling me that setup was something something wrong and when I clicked out and continued Booting the controller Kernel Controller started The messages below is how it ends Following SCSI IDs are not responding No Logical drives foud No Int Drives to support BIOS not installed This is just one of my personal machines no server or anything like that Update Removed controller hdd s and now the system is back to normal I like to know how to run the scsi setup Would I notice a vast difference in speed compared to my hdd s now with no raid what so ever nbsp

A:BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems

I suspect that you do not have the jumpers set correctly on the Fujitsu drives. They must all be different to give each drive a separate ID.

There may also be a problem with your Bios settings or possibly the Bios is incompatible.

From what I have read on the subject the SCSI set up would give a noticeable increase in speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-not-installed-serious-help-needed-before-i-cause-more-problems.162592/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello with on on of Ran installed Windows space it out partition I need some help advice on a problem I am having with a new desktop I put together myself I m sure I have made some rookie mistakes along the way but this is why I did it for the learning process Anyhow a problem I have already encountered is when installing windows I partitioned a gb hard drive with one partition for the os with gb and two more partitions for storage Ran out of space on partition with Windows installed on it with the remainder of the unallocated memory Now the partition with my os is gb full and I know I am going to encounter problems I tried to shrink one of the storage partitions to leave gb of unallocated space to extend on the os partition but windows disk management tool does not allow you to do that Is my only option reinstalling windows onto one of these larger partitions and then formatting the old one I am fairly new to tech spot so If I am not using proper posting etiquette feel free to let me know Thank you any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Ran out of space on partition with Windows installed on it

You can extend the partition that you have installed Windows into, but in my opinion it would be a better idea to use a program such as Easus Partition manager; at;
http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm
The free (Home) version is fine for a job like this.
An alternative I have used is at;
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
These programs work in a similar way, by showing the partitions as they exist now.
You click once on the one you need to resize (to highlight it), then right-click, choose 'resize', drag the end markers out to where you want the partition to be,
click 'apply'. That's it, it does all the rest, and can take a few minutes to complete.
Note that it is a very good idea to when making major changes like this, to make a system image onto an external hard drive, just as insurance. But this method has worked perfectly for me on several different makes of drive, (1TB Seagate, 4 partitons) and
Iomega 320GB (3 partitions).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ran-out-of-space-on-partition-with-windows-installed-on-it.162457/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,I have installed a new pci express card i get a message when starting up it says warning make sure the fan is connected and there is good ventilation is this normal as the card fan is working fine.if it is the norm is there away of stopping this message.Regards Martin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-express-card-installed-odd-message.160909/
Relevancy 21.5%

I recently bought a computer in december last year Dell Intel R Xeon R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM Running on Windows XP professional and with blue restarting devices No screen BIOS and AHCI not problems issues installed, found, an ASUS EAH silent GB graphics card and yes all drivers are installed and up No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting to date The problem i have is that when i turn my computer on it says no devices found and that AHCI BIOS is not installed and when i am on my computer mostly when playing games No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting my screen which is an Akura quot LCD TV DVD combi goes to blue screen and says no signal and any music that was playing becomes a loud repeated thumping like when a cd gets stuck The only option i have is to turn the computer off via the on off button by holding it in until it turns off After this my computer wont restart for - tries and instead when i press the on button a small lights up on the front and it makes a second buzzing noise repeated with a second inbetween and does not load up so i have to turn it off via the button Any ideas whats wrong and what does AHCI BIOS not installed actually mean nbsp

A:No devices found, AHCI BIOS not installed, blue screen issues and problems restarting

Do you have a single drive or multiple drives setup in a RAID configuration? The message you are seeing is fine (and normal) if you have no RAID. It usually will just pass it so quickly that you didn't notice it was there. How long have you let the pc set at that error message?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-found-ahci-bios-not-installed-blue-screen-issues-and-problems-restarting.160767/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok so some background on the situation my computer audio device at No installed? sound No all got No audio device installed? No sound at all hit with a virus that disabled my computer so a friend at work whiped the whole thing and put a pirated version of xp on it Now at first i thought i could just download the drivers but i could not find a link to get them also im not sure if thats the problem in the first place ok so here is my computer information It has xp on it like i said before and i have the legacy audio drivers in it Idk if this helps at all but it s a everex stepnote model number va e im not sure were to find what motherboard i have though and things i have tried are unistalling the drivers it says i have but don t show they are there and when i unistall and restart it finds new hardware but the wizard asks for a cd and i don t have one i restored the bios all to default that didn t work I downloaded the ac audio pack thing installed that and that didn t work if you need more info let me know and thank you so much if you can help me nbsp

A:No audio device installed? No sound at all

Warez is not supported by TechSpot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-installed-no-sound-at-all.159845/
Relevancy 22.79%

Not a computer wiz but have a problem. I installed 2 new LiteOn IHAS22406 dvd drives on XP Pro system to replace 2 nonfunctioning drives. My system only recognizes 1 of the drives. Any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

Thx in advance.

A:Installed 2 LiteOn IHAS22406 DVD drives, XP only sees 1

First thing I would is check the cables to your drives if ok go into the bios to see if it list and make sure the are enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-2-liteon-ihas22406-dvd-drives-xp-only-sees-1.158735/
Relevancy 23.22%

I know this topic has been brought up a number of times before however I have still been unable to correct this issue with previous troubleshooting.

The History-Suspected power surge, replaced hard drive, motherboard, and power supply. Reinstalled Windows, Vista 32-bit.

Since this happened I am informed via control panel that No Audio Devices are Installed. My speaker icon in the task bar has the dreaded red X over it.

I have two different sets of speakers I have tried. Both sets of speakers work on another computer. In device manager I have attempted to update drivers, uninstall and reinstall, disable and re-enable, to no avail.

I have set BIOS to default as per previous threads on this subject.

I am happy to provide any further information sought, I am not terribly technical but can follow instructions like a pro. Thank you.

A:No Audio Devices are Installed

Does your new motherboard have on board audio or are you using a sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-are-installed.158247/
Relevancy 23.22%

I've just finished installing a new motherboard (Asus P5P43TD) into a friend's computer about 2 hours ago and have been unable to get the USB ports working. I installed the chipset drivers, Ethernet controller drivers, and Asus EPU-4 drivers, but the USB ports simply do not function. Which means I have to do everything with a friggin keyboard. That has made things interesting to say the least. I grabbed the most recent chipset drivers off of Asus's website and it installed the SMBus drivers (which I beleive are responsible for USB) and everything else. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Specifications:
Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD
Video Card: XFX 8800 GTX
Sound Card: Creative Extreme Gamer
Hard drive, Optical drive, and PSU are unknown.

A:USB ports not working after drivers installed

Give this a shot. See How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-not-working-after-drivers-installed.156598/
Relevancy 23.22%

I got it Wednesday via USPS, and finally found some time to install it in a friend's computer to make sure it works. I'll probably leave it in there since I use his computer often enough for gaming. Have some pictures:

I left the SLI Bracket on even though I can't SLI with his other card (he has two GTX9800+'s) so he doesn't lose it. I also should have charged for cleaning his computer, it was god awful.

Yes, it does play Crysis, at least as well as it did with the two older cards in SLI.

Once again, thank you Techspot for the card.

A:Finally installed my GeForce GTS 450, thanks Techspot!

Grats madboyv1! Still waiting on mine, but at least you got yours! Again grats!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finally-installed-my-geforce-gts-450-thanks-techspot.157294/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have been on a couple of sound device installed but audio drivers all Help no - no XP forums but none as yet have been able to help fix Help no sound XP - no audio device but all drivers installed my no sound problem I had a Trojan a good few month s ago and after installing avg getting rid of the virus and then uninstalling avg i lost all sound Installed sound driver and codecs again but still nothing - now i have a yellow exclamation mark over the multimedia audio driver Please please some one help - Please see system info below OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Help no sound XP - no audio device but all drivers installed Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name THAMILIN- System Manufacturer Packard Bell NEC System Model System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc B SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot User Name THAMILIN- kabellan Time Zone GMT Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Name C-Media AC Audio Device Manufacturer C-Media Status Error PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A amp AAA amp amp I O Port x C - x C FF I O Port x C - x C F IRQ Channel IRQ nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-no-sound-xp-no-audio-device-but-all-drivers-installed.157282/
Relevancy 23.22%

In the BIOS it says find says installed can't it! PEG but BIOS card that there s a PEG card installed and I need the CD that came with it to get it to work But I don t have the CD and I need to know what card actually is so I can attempt to get the software to turn it on I m not even sure if turning it on is a good idea But otherwise all I have is a graphics chipset with about MB of memory on it BIOS says PEG card installed but can't find it! I can t afford a new card plus this is a Dell small form factor computer It BIOS says PEG card installed but can't find it! s hard to get hardware for it because of the lack of space in the case plus I m not sure if s standard card would even work with a Dell computer I got my quot X-Plane quot flight simulator to run reasonably well with only that chipset after installing gigs of system memory but I think I m very close to overloading thing As far as I can tell there s no option in the BIOS to tell me anything else about this card or how to find out what card it is I can t find an quot advanced quot menu in the BIOS either Any help will be very much appreciated The computer is a Dell Dimension c running XP Home Blame my wife for the chipset and the small case I can t ask Dell about this because they want a zillion bucks just to ask a question My warranty has expired nbsp

A:BIOS says PEG card installed but can't find it!

Sounds to me like the integrated graphics chip uses PCI Express bus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-says-peg-card-installed-but-cant-find-it.156901/
Relevancy 23.22%

Opened a new card and installed in an HP m n also installed a W PSU to supply the extra power Drivers were installed and output Installed HD5770, no primary onboard video bios option was Installed HD5770, no output set to PCI there is no option for PCI-e from onboard There is also an option for quot PCI express Graphics port setup quot to X or X this has been set to X I have tried plugging into both DVI outputs with and without the vga adapter to different monitors as well as both HDMI although the HDMI cables dont fit in completley in because they hit part of the case this shouldnt affect the DVI output regardless the built-in vga output works ONLY when the s power is unpluged durring powerup then plugged in after which was how I installed the drivers Strange thing is the driver installation detected the card and installed the correct software but windows device manager doesnt detect the also tried disabling the onboard graphics in device manager no luck Also changing the primary video adapter in the bios seems to make no difference Card fires up fan spins I am running XP MCE One monitor is HP VS and the other is lg ls d and both work with the vga output from the onboard graphics The HP has updated drivers installed and the LG doesnt MOBO specs http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp lc en amp cc ca amp dlc en amp product amp lang en nbsp

A:Installed HD5770, no output

first of all did u install the drivers before or after u installed the video card? The drivers need to be installed after the card is installed. you need to install the drivers for the card from ati

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-hd5770-no-output.155435/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just put together an core i7 950 in a MSI X58M Motherboard i connected the psu and hd and dvd burner. i turn on and everything powers up except the monitor. While trouble shooting i found out that I wouldn't get any error codes via beeps. I've trying to figure out how to get the error codes up so i can try and fix whats goin on. any help would be appreciated!! thanks!

p.s im a noob and i apologize of this is an easy fix.

[EDIT] msi motherboard dont always beep. there errors are indicated by the led lights. all my lights are on indicating that the system is booting up. now my only problem is getting the display to work

A:Mobo not reporting errors with no RAM installed

What graphics card did you install? If it has an external PCI-E power connector, is it connected to the PSU? Is the 8 pin ATX 12V connected to the motherboard?

What power supply are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-not-reporting-errors-with-no-ram-installed.156145/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have just installed the above Graphics card into my custom made system, whenever I ty to play a game, the computer shuts down as if someone has pulled the plug, I have a 500W powersupply in it so wouldnt think it was that.

can anyone help me with this issue? should the power supply have a supplimental powersupply direct to the card or am i overlooking something simple?

thanks for your help

A:Just installed GeForce 8600GT, PC shuts off when gaming

Just saying you have a 500W power supply isn't enough information. What brand and model is it?

The card should only have a supplemental power connection if it has a connector for it. I don't think it does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-geforce-8600gt-pc-shuts-off-when-gaming.155321/
Relevancy 23.22%

hello, so im a noobie when it comes to fixing my comp. i have reinstaled windows and i have driver robot and updated all my stuff yet my sound still wont work. i have tried going into control panel and tried to add hardware and nothing. i have tried "Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
then find the Windows Audio Service in the list
If it is stopped, restart it" i dont kno anything about my comp other than its an hp lol. i dont have a credit card to download Everest. im runnin out of ideas and i dont want to by a new comp! please help! it would be much appreciated

Cheers

Boland85

A:No audio after drivers installed

Are you using a laptop, or a desktop? What model HP are you using (if it's a laptop, the model # will be on a sticker located on the bottom of the laptop. If it's a desktop, it should be on the front, or back)? Instead of Everest, try Belarc advisor's free download .

What OS are you using?

Right click on "Computer" on the desktop, and select "Manage". Under "System Tools" on the left side, select "Device Manager" and look to see if your sound card is working properly. Don't worry about the services just yet.

As for your Driver Robot program, I suggest you uninstall it and get a refund. http://www.computing.net/answers/security/driver-robot-blitware-scams/28802.html Get a good antivirus program as well, and follow the steps listed here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-after-drivers-installed.153934/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

Just installed a new HDD, and am trying to boot up Windows 7 from an external HDD. Upon powering up the machine, I changed the boot option to 'USB drive' and normally this would work as it has in the past, but now all I'm getting is a blinking cursor/underscore and nothing ever happens.

I used PowerISO to extract the files onto my external, and the icon changes to confirm that it does in fact work..
I am wondering if I need to change something around in the BIOS or if it has something to do with the external's formatting (FAT32)

Anyone know what could be wrong?

A:Fresh HDD installed, unable to install OS

Windows 7 installation

You will need to format your drive for Windows 7, in NTFS. The system will look at the first device in the 'Boot sequence' or 'Boot order' in your BIOS, so you need to arrange the order to suit what you want to boot from. The system will look at the first in the list, and if nothing bootable is there, it goes down to the next one on the list. My normal order of Boot devices is; CD/DVD, Onboard SATA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-hdd-installed-unable-to-install-os.153517/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just bought a new cpu cooler to replace the stock intel one that came with the cpu and I installed it and turned the computer on and the screen comes on and it beeps normally then gets to the startup screen where it starts to check for hard drives and then it shuts off. I turned it back on and it shut off even sooner, I waited a little bit and then turned it on and watched the screen and it gave me the message that it was going into safe mode and i have to reset my cpu and memory settings in cmos. I also made sure that the cpu overheat light did not come on.

motherboard: EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI Socket 775 Motherboard
new cooler installed: ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler

i did have to remove the mobo to install the cooler so i could install the back plate under the mobo.

A:Installed new CPU cooler and computer will not stay on

It's either no seated properly or the fan isn't running and the bios is shutting down the PC. That's my guess.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-cpu-cooler-and-computer-will-not-stay-on.152412/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've been getting signals coming through randomly, but I think it's some kind of malware. Does anybody have clue?

A:Ok, unwanted signal... I think it's some kind of malware that's installed. Anybody?

If you could give a little more specific information it would be helpful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ok-unwanted-signal-i-think-its-some-kind-of-malware-thats-installed-anybody.151295/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello All I have seen similar threads here but my problem is slightly different I have ASUS P S X-MX which have built in audio of Realtek AC I am using Windows XP SP for quite a time and everything was fine unless i tried to install an updated driver for my sound After drivers properly AC'97 but - Realtek installed no & services running audio audio updating i got Code error device cannot start I uninstalled the drivers Restart my PC and then installed my previous version of drivers Everything was fine and i can see volume icon in task bar But when i tried playing an audio file Realtek AC'97 audio - drivers installed properly & services running but no audio there wasn t any sound I clicked volume icon to Realtek AC'97 audio - drivers installed properly & services running but no audio raise it but it was disabled I double click it to open Mixer there are only options normally it use to have lot wave speaker etc Now it has only Wave SW Synth CD Player and No recording device I did try re-installing the drivers again and again but no LUCK I tried using Drivers Sweeper to remove the tracks doing that in Safe Mode and then again Installed Old drivers It all go well but in the end its same situation with sound disabled I don t want to reinstall my Windows is there any way to fix it One thing i noticed is every time I install drivers the sound manager shows up at task bar but in moments it disappears while the soundman exe is running in Processes and I can t find it in Control Panel as well where it use to be Its been hours since I am struggling with that But No LUCK Note My PnP Software Device Enumerator is working fine Any help in this regard will be highly appreciable Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Realtek AC'97 audio - drivers installed properly & services running but no audio

Hi muazzam

Is best to upgrade to SP3 (if only because MS has dropped support for SP2) but can start, for now, looking at your problem while you continue running with SP2

Let's start with these initial steps
1) List any Problem Devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
2) Generate and attach a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
3) If there were no Problem Devices (step 1 above) then also check on your Windows Audio service if Status=Started and StartupType=Automatic

I'll have a look and we can take it from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-drivers-installed-properly-services-running-but-no-audio.151402/
Relevancy 23.22%

The motherboard I was using for a No device installed audio while had a weird thing with the build in motherboard sound Whenever I unplugged my headphones or something it would take me hours No audio device installed of resetting and waiting for them to actually work again Then one day when I had to move I had to unplug my headphones and I couldn t get my sound to work on my computer ever since and now it has a X on the sound on the bottom right I am not computer illiterate I do know that it isn t muted I have updated all the drivers to the most recent and still nothing I right click on the volume icon and it says no audio device is installed when clearly there is when I go to the device manager and there is Realtek High Definition Audio in the list I have tried disabling it and re-enabling and also uninstalling it and the software and restarting the computer to download the driver again itself Still nothing The other day I bought a new motherboard to hopefully fix the sound issue but unfortunately it has not because it looks like the bad settings from the other board is still there in the system My system specs are Windows Vista Home Basic Bit EP -UD L - Giga-Byte Motherboard Gigs of ram Geforce GT Graphics Card I d put in screen shots but apparently I can t do that until posts If anyone knows any solution to my problem can you please help me out I love to play games on my computer and they just aren t the same without sound nbsp

A:No audio device installed

Did you reinstalled your windows?

It is recommended that if you replace system's motherboard, you must reinstall the windows as well. There are some tricks to avoid that but I wouldn't recommend it, because usually at some time you eventually do run into trouble with such.

Have you checked your system's logs? you can do so by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer and under Windows Logs review Application & System Logs and see if they tells you something.

Also right click on my computer and then go to device manager, scroll down to sound, video and game controllers and see what is the status of y our sound card ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-installed.142935/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just installed a with a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor with a MSI 790XT-G45 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboardand for whatever reason I cant get it to load my windows. I did the BIOS setup etc, but always gives me an error message and a blue screen. Is it because i had an intel proc/motherboard and the drivers on my hard drive are interfering? help me please.

A:Installed a new motherboard and CPU, but comp won't boot, suggestions?

Which operating system? Windows has issues with swapping out a motherboard is the hardware is significantly different from what was in there.

Some of these articles may help:
http://arstechnica.com/hardware/new...-motherboard-without-reinstalling-windows.ars
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824125

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-a-new-motherboard-and-cpu-but-comp-wont-boot-suggestions.148227/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello

I have Asus P4C800 motherboard with integrated sound.I downloaded drivers(soundmax) from asus web page.
Everything installed properly,but there is no any sound.
There is no Startup sound,try to play music on winamp but here is no sound,NO SOUND HELP !! i checked audio configs but everything was ok,no mute.

Please help.

A:Drivers installed but no sound

I uploaded dxdiag info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-installed-but-no-sound.149267/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello I have a IBM Think Pad T laptop with Win XP sp installed and i don IBM No drivers installed,ThinkPad T42 updated all and are labtop sound t have any audio I use to have win but then one day after turning the PC off i got en error message no ADI codec is installed i tried everything and nothing worked i also looked it up on Google they know it at and No sound and all updated drivers are installed,ThinkPad IBM T42 labtop i see cases like this No sound and all updated drivers are installed,ThinkPad IBM T42 labtop but no results and top of that most of the people don t have there drivers i do and win is telling me that its working fin so i seed its win that s when i installed win XP and the same issue came up only this time i was able to get the error code off now win claims that every things working fine but i still don t have audio I got a DxDiag No sound and all updated drivers are installed,ThinkPad IBM T42 labtop attached for better assistance Please HELP If any more info is needed then please feel free to ask PS im new at this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-and-all-updated-drivers-are-installed-thinkpad-ibm-t42-labtop.148633/
Relevancy 22.79%

system info compaq presario sr nx desktop pc watt PSU ASUS motherboard with AMD Athlon CPU mother board has PCI expansion slots and PCI-E slot no AGP Motherboards integrated video ATI Radeon Express PROBLEM have tried two different GPUs with same result no video signal to monitor after installing new GPU first card i tried was a MSI R hd g second one was XFX Radeon HD I went into control panel add remove programs and removed the ati radeon express driver then shut down windows removed all cables opened case grounded myself installed card into PCI-E slot replaced cables and started pc all fans come on full tilt but neither of the VGA ports send signal removed card from PCI-E and pc starts Express PCI PC won't with video installed post card fine monitor works went into BIOS and changed video option from integrated to PCI-E reinstalled card with same results what the hell PC won't post with PCI Express video card installed am i doing wrong I ve done everything i can think of even tried installing drivers before inserting card and keep getting nothing should i give up on the PCI-E and use a standard PCI GPU I M SOFA KING LOST nbsp

A:PC won't post with PCI Express video card installed

I believe that system is roughly 4-5 years old, and as such probability is PCI-E slot may not be upto the task with regard to compatibility/power etc. I hope someone with more knowledge would either back it up or correct me if i am wrong. Regards

Edit:
Here is specs sheet for your system, but I am unable to say its 1.0 or 2.x slot (although I guess its 1.0x).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-post-with-pci-express-video-card-installed.145577/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have problems with booting.
Everything happened when I shrinked a volume. And created a new simple volme in Computer management.
I have 2 windows installed on this dynamic disk. And none on the basic disk.

Can someone suggest me what to do to boot correctly?

I have atached a screenshot of my situation.

A:Problems with windows 7 installed on a dynamic disk

You have partition those two TB drives with a lot of partitions but. You have the boot record is screwy now.

I need you to do a few things:

1. Under 7 after you click on the orb (flag) if you have the word computer listed to the right side of the menu.
2. Right click on Computer then on Properties.
3. Then click on Advance System Settings
4. Click on Startup and Recovery then on Settings

Now System Startup? What does it say?
Should say Windows 7
Make sure those two boxes are checked off and both should say 30 seconds.

5. Click okay
6. Click on Environment Variables

Look at System Variables
Path
Should look like this:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

Look at
Windir C:\Windows Do you see this or where you have your partition drive set for Windows 7 OS?

7. If all look the same they click on cancel if not then you have to click on edit to fix.
8. Exit out of the above

9. Press Orb Flag and R key on your keyboard at the sametime
A. Type in: msconfig
B: Click on Boot
C: What does it read?

Should say Windows 7 (C:\Windows): Current OS; Default OS:

D: Check off Safe Boot
E: Change time out to 30 or 60
F: Check make all boot changes permanent

Optional setting in the next step....

G: Also click on Advance Options (Boot Advanced Options)
If you have more than 2-cores then select the cores you have on your CPU. Check that off.
Also Max Memory check off also. Don't enter in the memory though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-windows-7-installed-on-a-dynamic-disk.146983/
Relevancy 23.22%

have an old hp some one gave me but the video card is burnt out so i bought another one and out it in. Now all i see is black screen. I really can't tell u specs of the computer cause i have no monitor....at all...I know its a p4 and 256mb of ran 250watt PS. Card seems to run. I don't get any beeps or anything. Any suggestions?

A:GeForce 5200 just installed, not working

??? You say all you can see is a black screen. Then you say you have no monitor at all??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-5200-just-installed-not-working.147258/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi just installed his something forgotten installed HIS Just I've Radeon HD feel 5770, radeon hd on gigabyte Just installed HIS Radeon HD 5770, feel I've forgotten something ga-ma gt-ud h the mobo have integrated ati radeon hd bios is award os is win home premium bit first i putted the video card in installed the drivers to the card restarted and then this the easy tune came with the driver cd when i start this app up it shows error could not load device driver the windows explorer has started to crash when i go into controlpanel and shows this Problem Event Name APPCRASH Programname Explorer EXE Programversion Timestamp Program aebab d Name on the wrong module StackHash d vrongmodulversion Timestamp error module Exception Code c d Unntaksforskyvning OS-version Locale ID Additional Information d Additional Information dd f ce ccd e c c f Additional Information f Additional Information f fc e d ed fd bc c d and the taskbar is grey not black as preffered edit no the taskbar is okay us hide function and firefox made me wonder what have i do wrong nbsp

A:Just installed HIS Radeon HD 5770, feel I've forgotten something

make sure you have uninstalled the previous display drivers and that the integrated graphics controller, the HD4200, is disabled in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-his-radeon-hd-5770-feel-ive-forgotten-something.147139/
Relevancy 18.49%

I ve spent countless hours trying to fix this It started out with me wanting to enable the quot stereo mix quot option and so following a Output is Audio Installed" HD Audio) "No Device (Realtek youtube video I proceeded to updating the driver using device manager gt update driver and after restarting I received this error I then downloaded the newest driver of the manufacturer "No Audio Output Device is Installed" (Realtek HD Audio) website realtek hd audio realtek com and installed it Mind you the stereo mix option did in fact show up although I couldn t make use of any audio since I was getting the quot no audio output device is installed quot error All this time I can still see the mic line-in inputs and headphone speaker outputs in the sounds control panel I have tried uninstalling reinstalling and using the roll-back option for drivers Although from control panel I managed to uninstall the sound card software for realtek Between all of this after any sort of install or uninstall I also restarted my computer I downloaded the drivers from the HP site PC manufacturer for my comp and the Realtek site sound card creator and all of them are giving me the same results Furthermore I even tried the System Restore and it wouldn t work complaining about an anti-virus when all of mine are already disabled I checked what the System Restore would affect too and nothing for my driver was in there as far as I know I m really not sure what my options are now and it s sucks not having any sound Please help me out Thanks P S For the record my computer is the HP Elite e f and I run Windows x nbsp

A:"No Audio Output Device is Installed" (Realtek HD Audio)

See if Windows reports any problem devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on

Next, click Start->Run, enter: services.msc, scroll to Windows Audio, rt click Properties.
> Verify StartupType=Automatic and Status=Started

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-realtek-hd-audio.145929/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok, I have a recently formatted Optiplex GX260, yes veryyyyy old I know, and its CPU is running a 1.8 celeron type thing, I bought a Intel Pentium 4 Processor that is should be running 2.8, and I've installed it, made sure I was grounded, added thermal paste, updated the BIOS to A09, took out the battery to reset the BIOS so it would pick up the new CPU, but when the 2.8 chip is installed the computer turns on, but doesn't boot, the light in the power button stays orange, the other light on the front lights up green, and I hear the cooling fan on, but its not very powerful, any help?

A:Newly Installed CPU Won't Let Computer Boot

Look up what mobo is in there and see if it will recognize a P4 with 800FSB. I think the 2.8 comes in 533 and 800. Might require a BIOS update. Post what board you have and let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-cpu-wont-let-computer-boot.145068/
Relevancy 20.21%

Last night our second family PC Blue Screened with an 0x4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error which is a very strong indicator of corrupted memory.

Memory is Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (DDR 400) in a 4x512 (2 gigs) configuration in a socket 939 system Epox 9NPA+Ultra motherboard.

The specs on this memory are as follows: 2.8 voltage which the motherboard has it set at correctly as well as in 2T. The CAS is a designed 2-2-2-6 but mobo has it set at 3-4-4-8 which is probably due to the 4x512 configuration and 2T

Ran memtest and into the fifth PASS received 212 errors all in Test 5. I saw enough so I tested each stick individually for the minimum Passes of 7 and no errors on any of them even in test 5.

So I reinstalled all four sticks, checked the BIOS settings and ran Memtest again and in the very first PASS I received 20 errors in Test 5.

Any ideas?

A:4 Memory Sticks Installed = Errors; Individually Tested = Zero Errors

maybe i misread your testing method, but could it be a bad dimm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-memory-sticks-installed-errors-individually-tested-zero-errors.143057/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an Acer 5715z which had origonally a Intel Pentium Dual T2330 1.6GHz CPU installed. I was given a Toshiba L300 laptop which had a working Intel T5750 2.0GHz CPU. I swapped the CpU's over and works fine. The problem is when I go into device manager and it shows my old CPU(T2330) present and not my new one(T5750). Any Idea's please. I've seen on another site that I have to uninstall the one showing and then install driver software for the T5750. Thing is I cannot find a driver anyware even on the Intel site

A:Help with new installed cpu pls

if your not having any other problems the just leave it as is. if it ant broke don't fix it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-installed-cpu-pls.143018/
Relevancy 22.79%

a 2 terabyte hard drive today. I was using Diskeeper 2009 and it will no defragment a drive that big. Could some one give a link to diskeeper 2010 Pro , a link that I can buy the full version and not an upgrade, and not Diskeeper directly because they do not accept mastercard.

Thank you

A:Well I installed a 2 terabyte hard drive today

Is this what you were looking for? http://download.cnet.com/Diskeeper/3000-2094_4-10023645.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/well-i-installed-a-2-terabyte-hard-drive-today.141982/
Relevancy 28.81%

Windows xp sp logitec webcam c Installed according to directions on logitec ran CD connected hardware when prompted Worked fine Can see self in the logitec video screen take pics etc Chose not to use the headseat that came with the webcam as it had a mic built in to the camera and I only had one place to connect the head set would have pre-empted my speakers Downloaded and installed skype and ran through their series of video and voice tests All was fine Placed several calls good Also installed LogMeIn free version so I could support this set up after I left home for a business trip as my Mom is not all that savvy Two days after I got it all working the Mic no longer works When I run the test in Skype with the echo service I can hear the recording but it shows at the top the mic volume is too low and sure enough it does not play back the messages I mic Logitech working in c250 built webcam on stopped skype leave for the test I have found a post on here several in fact about checking certain skype settings and will do that when I get home tonight Meanwhile I had my Mom move Logitech webcam c250 built in mic stopped working on skype the camera from the USB port to Logitech webcam c250 built in mic stopped working on skype another one thinking it was maybe a port gone bad No such luck I also wondered if it could be caused by the install of logmein It doesn t work whether I m remoted in or not so it s not the amount of traffic causing the issue it would almost be like some kind of interupt conflict but a I thought that was pretty much a thing of the past and b I wouldn t expect logmein to glom onto a hardware interupt in any case Perhaps a conflict in port numbers used for the mic and the logme in software Can uninstall logmein but not remotely and won t be home for another month Wanted to see what else I could try Don t have any other apps on there that I could test the mic with apart from Skype Logitec installed something to let me take pics but not anything to test mic with Did check the skype mute button we are not muted Any other tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated I suppose the mic could just have failed immediately after purchase but that seems a bit odd nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-webcam-c250-built-in-mic-stopped-working-on-skype.141597/
Relevancy 29.67%

This isn't really so much for me as it is for my wife and her sister who live over a 1000 miles apart and sister-in-law has a lousy minute plan with her cell phone.

I'm clueless on these peripherals and I know nothing about Skype but said sister-in-law suggests it.

Suggestions are really most appreciative. My OS is XP Pro with SP/3.

Thanks.

A:Need Advice on Microphone/Webcam for use with Skype

Skype works with a very wide range of microphones and webcams. As long as you have the drivers for the webcam, then you should be able to select it in Skype.

Get into Skype, look at the top and look for Tools. Click and go to Options. In the options on the left side, go to the Video Settings. It should automatically detect a webcam if you have one plugged in. Make sure you have the webcam set up how you would like.

As for the microphone, it's plug and play as well in terms of how it works. But I wouldn't try using an old microphone though. The sound sampling quality is usually a bit lower than a more modern mic or headset. I would go out and buy a cheap 10 or 15 dollar mic or headset and use that.

After you get your mic plugged in, go into Tools, Options, and Audio Settings. Choose the appropriate settings and you should be good to go. (Also make sure you don't forget to unmute the microphone. Sometimes Windows Sound mutes the mic because it doesn't detect it so you need to unmute it. And make sure there isn't a manual mute button on the mic that's switched on or you won't get sound regardless.)

After that, you should be able to make video calls. Make sure you have decent lighting in your room or else the webcam image might appear to be a bit too dark to see yourself/the other person properly.

Naturally, if you have any more specific questions, then don't hesitate to ask. I use skype on a moderate basis and I'm fairly familiar with it.

Edit: This is the headset I use. It gives me good quality sound. http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/images/logitech_clearchat_style_pc_headset.gif. The webcam I use is actually a 3 megapixel camera that offers a webcam option. This is my camera: http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/DXGusa-305v-mainx.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-microphone-webcam-for-use-with-skype.141495/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I brought the AMD Athlon 7750+ X2 Dual Core Black Edition Overclocking Pro Bundle for my PC. I installed the new motherboard connected everything up and switched my computer on. The PC switches on but it will not power up, does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem could be?

A:Installed new motherboard bundle pc won't boot up

Check every connection to the motherboard, Cables, Power supply, graphic connection, Processor, RAM stick etc....

If everything is well connected then try to remove one hardware by one and check after removing each one if it power on. As it may be a hardware conflicting also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-motherboard-bundle-pc-wont-boot-up.141376/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a dell inspiron 1525 laptop windows xp i am trying to reformat from a dell xp desktop disk when i get to the screen where it asks to press enter to setup xp or r to repair i press enter to setup xp and it say's (setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your comp) i went into bios looks like the hard drive is detected but does not work also tried resetting hard drive still nothing.

A:No hard disk drives installed on comp

Check if the HDD is well connected or that a cable may have been out by a shock and that the cable is in good condition. If not then the HDD may be dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-disk-drives-installed-on-comp.141203/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a HPa c for starters The mobo died and I purchased an INTEL D GCL FSB DDR PCIe X SATA to replace it I installed the mobo into the tower making sure heatsink compound was in place all the cables pulled and the placed on the new mobo one at a time to insure that all cables were in the correct ports I have double checked all connections to insure proper placement of the cables had the power supply checked pulled everything lose and applied one at a time to see if there was and issue elsewhere I have power to the board because the led light on the board lights up I have put the Intel P in properly and still have no reaction out the tower when I press the power button Can it be as simple as a power switch gone bad or is there something I am power New and installed not will motherboard up computer missing here There is a connector on the board for power led but I have no cable to apply to this connector HELP nbsp

A:New motherboard installed and computer will not power up

When you say you cannot connect to the board for power/led do you mean that you don't have a case front panel cable that connects to the small 2 pin jumper that sits just above the regular 9-pin front panel pin out block? Or do you mean that you cant connect to the 9 pin block? The 2-pin jumper is just for the case "power on" light and is a duplicate of the pins on the 9 pin block (the green number 2 and 4 pins)
Basic troubleshooting: Are you satisfied that the cpu socket has no bent or broken pins?
Is the RAM compatible with the motherboard- vendor/voltage/speed/capacity ?
Have you checked to see if the CMOS battery is dead?
Are you sure your previous motherboard died and it wasn't the cpu at fault?
Did you check the power supply for adequate power delivery?

Post back with the steps you have taken so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-installed-and-computer-will-not-power-up.140515/
Relevancy 19.78%

Gday,

I bought a new computer today to replace my old crappy one and I am having an issue with my RAM, its not major by any means but is just a nuisance. The hardware is an Intel i5 750, the Mobo is an ASRock p55M Pro, the ram is 3 sticks of 1 gig each. As for the problem, Windows 7 x64 only shows that 2 gigs of ram DDR3 is installed when 3 gigs is installed. Now even though the RAM is DDR3 this mobo only supports dual channel ram, not triple channel, so I am thinking this might be causing the issue.

Cheers
Hynesy

PS I checked the bios post on boot and it does not recognize that 3 gigs is installed, there appears to be no settings for it in bios.

A:Windows 7 only recognises 2 gigs of 3 gigs installed

P55 mobos only support dual channel DDR3 RAM. If you have triple channel RAM, you'll have to exchange it for Dual Channel DDR3 RAM. X58 mobos are the only ones I think that support Dual and Triple Channel DDR3 RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-only-recognises-2-gigs-of-3-gigs-installed.140345/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have just installed xp on my laptop and every time i try to go online it says limited connection iv done lots of things iv seen on youtube and nothing works

A:Installed xp and cant conect to internet

Did you install all the drivers like motherboard chipset, LAN, sound and video drivers? And don't forget to go to Windows Update to install critical updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-xp-and-cant-conect-to-internet.140206/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi

i just installed 2 sticks of HP memory in an Iqon PC and all it does now is give 1 long beep and nothing else

even putting the old memory in has the same effect

can memory blow your board

oh and i tested the memory in an HP 5700 PC and one stick wont be seen, could this faulty stick have caused the other PC to fail. ?

edit

the mobo is an MSI 7222 if its screwed is there any other MSI board available that has the same setup, so that i can just stick his HDD in it and get it up and running.

A:Installed new memory and now it won't boot

I suppose you have tried removing all the Ram and power connectors, and held the ON button in for 20secs
You could also manually reset the Bios to defaults (refer to your manual located HERE for instructions)
Then put one stick of the original back in and test

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-memory-and-now-it-wont-boot.139893/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently bought a comp off some one.
When i start the comp it does it's thing says looking for ide drives and so on then it says no driver attached to the fast track controller bios not installed still starts up OK but some reason none of the drivers from the site work.
I have a p4p800-e mother board asus with 1 gig ram windows xp home Pentium 4 3.0 ghz processor thanks

A:Bios not installed

break out your floppy drive and read:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75555.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-not-installed.139697/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all,
My daughter's dimension 4600, had worked for 3 years without a problem, then one day it just would not boot up. After a lot time reading advices on forums I removed the nvidea FX 5200 and tried to boot again.It will boot and I have to go into Safe Mode, however the screen is hard to read and sometimes the computer will not load my keyboard. So I purchased another Nvidea, same model, downloaded the new driver and fixes vrom their website. Well, that did not solve the problem. Of course I even tried Dell support (why, I can't imagine). Was told that I needed a new motherboard? The diagnostic lights on the rear panel, are all green, although I have had times where one or two would go amber on me. Conclusion: I now have 2 video graphic cards and a computer that will not boot with it instaled. Please help.

A:Dimension 4600 won't start with Nvidia card installed

Perhaps your power supply is failing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dimension-4600-wont-start-with-nvidia-card-installed.138359/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok so I have a Dell Dimension c and I had to format and re-install Windows XP home Edition I did so with the disks provided by Dell When I had finished this the video card and sound device were malfunctioning I had to use installed Dell device Dimension no sound 4600c another disk provided by Dell to reinstall the video driver and now that works but when I tried to reistall the sound driver I keep getting a error message that says I have no sound device installed As far as I know the sound card is integrated into the motherboard I opened the computer to upgrade Dell Dimension 4600c no sound device installed the ram and saw only open slot but I believe its for a Dell Dimension 4600c no sound device installed video card Dell Dimension 4600c no sound device installed upgrade its a brown plastic slot There are no other open slots that I can see Everytime I try to use something with sound I get an error messsage saying that I have no sound device installed Can someone help me Or should I take it to a tech Thanks in advanced for the help nbsp

A:Dell Dimension 4600c no sound device installed

Yes, the spec for the 4600c says there is an onboard sound card.

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag. Check the Sound tab. Does it claim anything is installed? or say there is an error?

Also look in your BIOS settings. Look for any option about onboard sound and make sure it is Enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-4600c-no-sound-device-installed.137518/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a PC that is locking up when I try to use Skype in a video call. I have the latest driver for the program and 2 GB ram. The video capture device is a Legacy, but is WDM. I don't think that is supported by Skype, but can't get any support from them. Can I just download another video driver from the net and try???

A:Video problems using Skype-Lockups

What is your computers make and model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-problems-using-skype-lockups.136541/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok so I just re-installed Windows XP I previously had Win Xp home edition with service pack Something went wrong I don t know what but I ended up just wiping away the entire system and re-installing windows My friend helped me and this version of windows installed with service pack automatically Since then however I ve noticed the performance of the PC is not exactly what it used to be First of all my PC specs Dell computer intel pentium ghz processor gb of ram win xp SP Graphic card Intel G GL GE PE GV graphic controller mb capacity directx c I know my graphics card isn t the best and I know I can with games problems re-installed now Windows, Just t play current games but I m just worrying about Just re-installed Windows, now problems with games the games I did used to be able to play perfectly which now either run poorly or don t run at all I ve already upgraded my video drivers in fact they are even more upgraded than they were prior to Just re-installed Windows, now problems with games my re-install as I was Just re-installed Windows, now problems with games not aware a new update had been out yet However I ve just been having problems with some games First of all I used to play Neverwinter Nights on high settings Now when I try to play even on the lowest settings it runs incredibly slow it still runs but as I said just way too slow Then there is Jedi Academy I couldn t even get this to play getting the quot could not openGL subsystem quot error I know the computer itself is fine my friend did a complete hardware check and none of the hardware has gone bad so that isn t the problem The computer has just been completely re-installed so there are definitely no viruses Other than having windows service pack and a my drivers more up to date than they previously were this is the same system that played these games great just days ago It isn t even as if all games don t work Blood Omen Icewind Dale and Baldur s Gate etc all work fine Still the games having problems require a little more graphical power to play However I should have more than enough with my processor and ram to play these games My video card isn t the best but it is far more than is required for any of the games failing and has never failed me before with these games Can someone tell me the problem is there something I am missing I know this must be fixable as it is the same PC as before I really don t want to pay money to have it fixed if it is something I could hopefully do myself Can anyone help me out nbsp

A:Just re-installed Windows, now problems with games

Chestrockwell said:

My friend helped me, and this version of windows installed with service pack 3 automatically. Since then however, I've noticed the performance of the PC is not exactly what it used to be.

First of all my PC specs:
Dell computer
I really don't want to pay money to have it fixed if it is something I could hopefully do myself. Can anyone help me out?Click to expand...

Your friends Windows XP with SP3, may not be authentic
And therefore it may have some bugs in it (as all non-authentic Windows versions have)

You can contact Dell >> HERE, on you "Dell Computer" (model unknown) and purchase a Restore disc, at a very cheap price (ie you just want the disc not the key)

Once you receive your Restore disc (at a cheap price ) Then install Windows with that
Then update freely to SP3 online

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-re-installed-windows-now-problems-with-games.136983/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, recently bought my first computer (used), I have question about what is installed in my pci slots.

I have 3 pci-slots (1 open) on the two that have a card installed, I don't know what those cards are or what they do, although I think one of them is a "lan" controller or something like that.

I use internet via wireless adapter.

I would like to free up those pci-slots, but first I need to know what is in the pci slots and if I need them or not.

Is there a way for the computer to tell me the exact hardware that is installed in my pci slots ?

I tried "system information" via accessories but that didn't tell me.

After I find out what's installed, I need to know what it does and if I should keep it installed, thanks!

A:Just bought a used computer, what is installed in my PCI slots?

Without being able to see it with our own eyes the best we can do is take a guess.

PCI slots can hold many different types of cards including video, ethernet, wireless, and firewire to name a few.

I suggest downloading a nifty little too called SIW (System Information for Windows). It is free and quite safe. Check it out and you should be able to find out all kinds of information about your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-used-computer-what-is-installed-in-my-pci-slots.136200/
Relevancy 22.36%

HP DV6000 notebook,
has a nvidia go 7200 vid card

was having issues with secondary monitor, so went to reinstall the drivers. a bunch of posts suggested using these custom video drivers from http://www.tweakforce.com and i foolishly figured it couldn't break anything.

Restarted after install to no image and post beeps: one long and 3 short which im assuming is something video related.

I pulled the hd figuring i would just delete the driver files, but even with the hd unplugged i get the same beep which leads me to believe that the driver install somehow altered the bios.

Suggestions? i don't even know a way to reset a notebook bios.
Edit/Delete Message

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hpdv6000-installed-wrong-graphics-drivers-unbootable.136313/
Relevancy 22.79%

HP DV6000 notebook,
has a nvidia go 7200 vid card

was having issues with secondary monitor, so went to reinstall the drivers. a bunch of posts suggested using these custom video drivers from http://www.tweakforce.com and i foolishly figured it couldn't break anything.

Restarted after install to no image and post beeps: one long and 3 short which im assuming is something video related.

I pulled the hd figuring i would just delete the driver files, but even with the hd unplugged i get the same beep which leads me to believe that the driver install somehow altered the bios.

Suggestions? i don't even know a way to reset a notebook bios.

A:Installed bad graphics drivers, unbootable notebook

I should note that i think it had a phoenix bios, though not 100%

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-bad-graphics-drivers-unbootable-notebook.136312/
Relevancy 20.21%

Good Evening All,

I having a problem with my Dell Latitude D610.

I went to update the BIOS and it said that the battery is not installed despite the laptop running solely off of battery power!

I have ran the dell device diagnostic and device manager and no issue appears to be with the battery. When you check the battery info in the BIOS settings it says the batteries are not installed and also when you log into XP it constantly says running off of AC power even when its not plugged in!

Any one got any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

Thanks Nick

A:Dell Latitude "battery not installed" preventing BIOS update

It may be referring to the CMOS battery which is wired to the computer beneath the keyboard. The battery can be replaced for $8.95 to $29.95 depending on where you purchase...

But regardless, you do have a problem that must be resolved. The D610 has been one strange little irrelevant problem after another... but you cannot afford to irritate it and have that mysterious unremovable password appear as it has on so many D610 and D620 Dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-battery-not-installed-preventing-bios-update.135990/
Relevancy 23.22%

ok a family members computer was what she was told lightning killed the mother board we ordered a replacement i just installed it, it will now power (it didnt even do that before) but it is like a half power, The light on front stays solid amber. i can feel fan and hear running but its like it wont boot. Computer screen stays black... Any ideas??? Thank you kindly

A:Installed new motherboard on dell 4700 please help

If lightning killed the motherboard it probably also took out the power supply. A PSU can still work when it's fried but the output voltages could be wrong (which can fry an new motherboard). Who knows what other components have been fried as well. Your best bet is to replace the psu and take the system down to the bare necessities (CPU, ram , motherboard, video [if not integrated]) and add other components one at a time. if a component causes a problem it's bad. If the system will not even POST with just CPU, ram and motherboard one or more of those components is bad (you can try swapping these out if you have extra parts).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-motherboard-on-dell-4700-please-help.135220/
Relevancy 22.79%

Help!

Bought a new 1tb disk drive (WD) for my HP pavillion PC running Vista home premium. I want to use this a a secondary drive and leave the OS on the existing 500gb disk.

Motherboard is SATA so I popped the drive and and booted up, all went ok.
The drive was not recognised by windows do I went into Accessories | Computer management and formatted the WD drive. Rebooted and the PC wont start. If I unplug the WD the PC boots fine.

Hope you can be of help because I really need this drive to be working soon.

I've even removed the WD from the BIOS bootup sequence so that the PC does not try to boot from the drive which has no OS.

I've not changed any of the jumpers as I understood that SATA did not need these changing.

Regards
David

A:PC wont boot after SATA drive installed

You're right, SATA drives do not have jumpers. From your description, it appears that in setting up the drive, you configured it to be the boot drive. You should have received a CD with Western Digital's Data Lifeguard Tools with the drive. It is much easier to partition and format from that software -- and it specifically asks if you wish to make the drive a boot drive or use it for data storage. Why don't you install the Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools and then open it. It will see the Western Digital drive and you can have it partition and format all over. When it asks if you wish to make the drive the boot drive, choose to make it a data drive and I think your problems will be over. I just did these steps yesterday with a new WD1001FALS 1 TB black drive and it is working perfectly -- for archive use. Not quite as fast as the 640 GB (as measured by HDTach) but a very fast drive none the less.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-sata-drive-installed.134057/
Relevancy 22.79%

ok so i just upgrade to vista and its saying no audio output device is installed and i cant get any sound to come out iam not to good with a pc so i dont know how to fix this my pc is a hp if you need more info just make a post thx for the help

A:No audio output device is installed with vista

You need to go to either your soundcard manufactuers website, or if you`re using onboard sound, your mobo manufacturers website and see if they have any Vista compatible drivers. If your system is an oem such as Dell/HP etc, then go to your computer manufacturers website and look for Vista compatible drivers.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-with-vista.79392/