Windows Support Forum

Random Freezes (no sound and requires restart)

Q: Random Freezes (no sound and requires restart)

I have had this problem for a while now and it requires me to hold down the power button and restart my computer There seems to be no time limit my computer is not overheating or being overworked It has happened while i have been just browsing the internet or when I am playing games I am stumped on what to do I want to make sure it is not something software side before I go doing anything with replacing hardware When it freezes all sound just stops and I can not move my mouse What ever my screen was showing Freezes requires restart) (no Random and sound a second before the freeze is what it stays showing It seems to happen alot when i hit fullscreen or unfullscreen a youtube video or Twitch tv stream I have tried waiting it out but it stays that way for hours I will admit to having torrented before My Rig Motherboard ASRock Extreme R CPU AMD FX- Black Edition GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR PSU Coolmax VL W Cooling Rosewill RCX-Z

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random Freezes (no sound and requires restart)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random Freezes (no sound and requires restart)

Freezing can be difficult to troubleshoot as it doesn't give us much information about the cause.Driver Verifier might force a BSOD which will produce a dump file for me to analyse. What is Driver Verifier?Driver Verifier monitors Windows kernel-mode drivers, graphics drivers, and even 3rd party drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. Driver Verifier can subject the Windows drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be causing the issues at hand, enabling Driver Verifier will help us see which specific driver is causing the problem.Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore pointWindows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"How to enable Driver Verifier:Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"3. Check the following boxes -- Special Pool- Pool Tracking- Force IRQL Checking- Deadlock Detection- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8/8.1)- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8/8.1)- Miscellaneous Checks4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.7. Click on Finish.8. Restart.Important information regarding Driver Verifier:- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD. To expand on this a bit more for the interested, specifically what Driver Verifier actually does is it looks for any driver making illegal function calls, causing memory leaks, etc. When and/if this happens, system corruption occurs if allowed to continue. When Driver Verifier is enabled per my instructions above, it is monitoring all 3rd party drivers (as we have it set that way) and when it catches a driver attempting to do this, it will quickly flag that driver as being a troublemaker, and bring down the system safely before any corruption can occur.- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will detect it in violation almost straight away, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.If this happens, do not panic, do the following:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes. Restart and boot into normal Windows.If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.- Choose the restore point you created earlier.-- Note that Safe Mode for Windows 8/8.1 is a bit different, and you may need to try different methods: 5 Ways to Boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8 & Windows 8.1How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier. I will usually say whether or not I'd like for you to keep it enabled any longer.My system BSOD'd with Driver Verifier enabled, where can I find the crash dumps?- If you have the system set to generate Small Memory Dumps, they will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump.- If you have the system set to generate Kernel-Memory Dumps, it will be located in %systemroot%[B] and labeled [B]MEMORY.DMP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548028/random-freezes-no-sound-and-requires-restart/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,

My PC (custom rig - 2 yrs old) has had this same issue regardless of the operating system (Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10 - currently 7) where it will randomly freeze completely. From here I have to force restart by holding down the power button for about 6 or so seconds only to find myself doing this up to a dozen times per day.

Specs:
GPU - Nvidia GTX 760
RAM - Corsair 8GB
HDD - 2TB (currently booting off of this)
SSD - 120GB
MB - ASRock Extreme6
CPU - Intel i7 3770k
PSU - 750W (?)

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127686-pc-freezes-completely-requires-force-restart.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Ive been having my computer crash for about a week now It does this at random times here is the hjt log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved Freezes requires Computer Randomlly and restart at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Intel IDU IDUServ exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Crap on Desktop Aim Remixed HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F D - D - E B-E AE- A B B BCB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run ipTray exe quot C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run KAVPersonal quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal kav exe quot minimize O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Download with GetRight - C Program Files GetRight GRdownload htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with GetRight Browser - C Program Files GetRight GRbrowse htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall-beta trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft ... Read more

A:Computer Randomlly Freezes and requires restart

Instructions here still apply:
http://forums.techguy.org/security/371117-system-little-slower-than-normal.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomlly-freezes-and-requires-restart.428496/
Relevancy 79.12%

When I am on my computer usually about once a day my computer and screen will freeze, and I will need to hard restart my PC. I'm not getting a BSOD or anything.

PC Specs:
i7 2600k
GTX 680
8GB RAM
60GB SSD 1TB HDD
Corsair TX850M PSU

A:Screen and Computer Freezes Requires Hard Restart

Check your temp readings in Bios. Also clean your tower out with a can of compressed air. Also Check your Hard drive to see if it is failing.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-and-computer-freezes-requires-hard-restart-654449.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello, I have been getting random freezes ever since I installed windows 7 starter... I had no problems before when this PC was running windows 7 trial version. When it happens my PC becomes unresponsive and whatever audio is played is looped(at a certain frequency) which is very annoying.. The only thing that functions is the CD/DVD drive. I have been trying to search for solutions but whatever solution I try from people with the same problem as me doesnt work. Please help me I don't know much about computers..

Edit: Also I can't seem to recreate this freezing thing. but most of the time it happens when I'm playing games... Although it sometimes happens even when I'm just browsing.

PS: Sorry for my english, im not american btw haha

A:My computer randomly freezes requires manual restart...

AFAIK...Windows 7 Starter is an OEM version already installed in a system.

Please explain what you did when you "installed" it, where you obtained the Win Starter version from, etc.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558961/my-computer-randomly-freezes-requires-manual-restart/
Relevancy 77.4%

So recently I've been this problem with my computer. It's always at a random time, it doesn't necessarily seem to have a specific pattern, but it always seems to happen when I'm either playing a game, listening to music, or watching a video. It could be connected, or it could happen at random, I'm not sure. Basically the computer completely locks up, freezes entirely, and the sound loops/stutters on the last sound that was being played endlessly. It NEVER crashes, and I do not ever receive a BSOD. I have tested, waiting over 15 minutes for it to do anything, it simply sits there and remains locked up and frozen until I hard restart my computer.

I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, as I've never had an issue with my computer like this, especially something that doesn't produce atleast an error or BSOD of some kind, so it's rather puzzling.

A:Computer Freezes With Audio Loop/Stutter Requires Hard Restart

Hi and welcome to TSF please try either updating or reinstalling your sound and video drivers and let us know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-freezes-with-audio-loop-stutter-requires-hard-restart-701862.html
Relevancy 76.54%

So, my laptop's sound just randomly stops at points. Restarting my computer fixes the issue, but it happens again after some time. Also, whenever this happens, any video I'm watching, specifically on Youtube, seems to go into this permanent buffering mode. Is there anyway to fix this?  I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15.

A:HP Pavillion Sleekbook Sound Shuts Off, requires restart eac...

Hi @LegendSoma, Welcome to the HP Forums! You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!  I have read that your HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook is having issues with the Sound. I have checked and it seems that it could be a Flash Player issue. Here is something that might help. Here is a link to help resolve the speakers and sound not working correctly. The link to using the Windows troubleshooting tool is the best for this situation. If this does not help I would uninstall the Realtek HD Audio and any other that are listed in the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Sound video and games controller to expand that category.Right-click on he IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio and select Update Driver Software.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver.After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!    Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavillion-Sleekbook-Sound-Shuts-Off-requires-restart-each/td-p/5588014
Relevancy 72.67%

Originally I thought my issue was game or even driver specific but I ran into it again on a different game today so I figured I should ask on here So here goes My issue is that my computer will randomly freeze sometimes while playing games and its usually in locations that aren't really graphics intensive The three places it's happened so far are World of Warcraft multiple times several of those in the same area Arma only once and now Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta twice in the same area I originally Computer - Hard Sound Requires Freezes Continues Reset - thought it was just an issue with World of Warcraft but then it happened on Arma and after a while it stopped happening altogether Just today I tried the Division Open Beta and it happened again I can still hear sound just Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset fine which in and of itself isnt that strange a sound file could be really long and just continue to play while the computer is frozen but I can still hear people talking over VOIP too however unlike other similar issues that I've read about I cannot interact with the program at all Clicking pushing buttons etc do not produce any new sounds and the people on VOIP cannot hear me talking to them I cannot alt-tab ctrl alt del or really do anything I have to hard reboot What drives me insane is that no errors show up in Event Viewer or even in WhoCrashed so I have no idea what is causing it I have an Antec W PSU so I dont think it's a lack of power I've read around and didnt see anything that helped and the few threads I saw that were similar didn't sound like my issue Here's what Ive tried -Updating graphics drivers clean installation-Ccleaner-Checking Event Viewer nothing shows up there were event logs for Nvlddmkm crashes but the critical crashes produce no events except loss of power to the kernel when I hard reset -Turning off power save in the Ethernet adapter options-Benchmarking drives via Defraggler both turned up GOOD -Ran mdsched with passes returned no issues -Rolling back graphics driversIm running a GTX with GB RAM on an i k bit Windows I think the CPU has been factory overclocked from GHz to GHz since I get an error message saying overclocking failed whenever I hard reboot my computer Ive read people suggesting a mobo issue but really I'd like to see if there's anything else it could be since Im not really in a position to replace my mobo right now I can post dxdiag and msinfo reports if needed Thanks for your help

A:Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset

I should note that turning all the settings down from High (auto-detected) to Medium kept me from crashing in that area, and turning down one of the settings on WoW has kept me from crashing since too, but why are graphics causing my whole computer to freeze? Especially on a GTX 770?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606010/computer-freezes-sound-continues-requires-hard-reset/
Relevancy 66.22%

this is my nd post in here and please be aware they are NOT related this thread is for another computer the problem is that it just randomly freezes it's an acer and only years old so it should be fine freezes, restart forcing random a and it's definitely not overheating it'll freeze during just about anything hit and miss nothing works am forced to reboot manually i have tried the avast program multiple times random freezes, forcing a restart i have tried the microsoft malicious software removal random freezes, forcing a restart tool i have fragmented the disk checked the ram everything is fine as i can see i have suggested to the owner of the computer to try a full factory reset but she is reluctant to use that idea is there any way to bring her computer back from the dead as mentioned it is an acer and only years old it is very frustrating as when i am looking around on the computer it just locks up sometimes it'll be fine for hours and sometimes it'll freeze times in hour please help

A:random freezes, forcing a restart

Freezing is caused by either overheating or a failing Power Supply Unit. You said you checked for overheating, so while you have the cover off blowing out the fans with a can of compressed air, look at the label of the PSU, report the Make, Model and Wattage. Boot into Setup (Bios) to PC Health and report the Temperatures, and the +12V line of the PSU.
Restart the computer in Safe Mode, does it freeze there? If not, try running Windows in Normal Mode in a Clean Boot State.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-freezes-forcing-a-restart-650308.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an Alienware 17 laptop. I just upgraded to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. Everything was working fine until i started getting random blue screens. Then my laptop just would randomly freeze up, leaving me unable to control the mouse or keyboard. I have to hard restart. When i check the Windows error report, I see that there are multiple instances of "Hard Drive Failure." The only thing i know about this is that it only started happening with Windows 10. I would also like to keep Windows 10.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freezes-hard-restart.1156747/
Relevancy 63.21%

Every now and then my pc freezes and screen goes black as if my graphic card looses connection. Also , there is sound in the background if there is an application running in the background. Afterwards you can hear some weird sounds in the background. After a reset I receive a 116 error report and PC seems to work just fine. Sometimes it can work for 2 weeks without crashing. I googled for some info and everything seems to be about drivers or graphic cards. I have SLI GTX 670.

I'm looking forward to your help,

A:BSOD 116 . PC freezes with sound in background and works after restart

Bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355075-bsod-116-pc-freezes-sound-background-works-after-restart.html
Relevancy 60.2%

for the past week I have been getting an AVG pop-up message saying 8 Requires Avg Restart Update update requires restart and the AVG tray icon is greyed out with a red exclamation in it I select restart and the pc laptop got this problem on both machines reboots When it starts up again it takes about a minute until the message pops up again I have tried a repair installation using the latest build- version and also tried a complete un-install re-install but this hasn't worked I have also tried to change the update manager settings to 'immediately update and confirm if restart is required' which is what most people are saying will fix the problem but ths hasn't worked either I have run a virus-scan and found nothing I have swept the internet for answers and everyone seems to have different fixes for the problem and these fixes seem to be hit amp miss as they don't always work Could someone please help as I am now considering using a different anti-virus cos Avg 8 Update Requires Restart it is really pi ing me off

A:Avg 8 Update Requires Restart

hello

same issu!!

any suggestion?!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158539/avg-8-update-requires-restart/
Relevancy 59.77%

So last night I was messing around with setting up my mic blue yeti and while testing some audio clips the sound just went out I tried to force close VLC player but that did not do anything I thought a restart was needed so I went to restart the computer and a message popped up saying quot host task quot or something like that I really didn t get a chance to see it but briefly Windows was stcuk at the shutdown screen until I manually shut it off So I turned it back on and now there are random freezes flash player crashing on every web page no sound programs not opening or not shutdown Random freezes/no sound/cannot closing I ran Malwarebytes and CCleaner as well as my antivirus and they all came out clean Checked the logs and tons or errors from printer errors to window errors I have since reinstalled windows and am in the process of restoring everything back My question is what in the world was this I have never had something this bad to where I couldn t even shut the computer down on it s own Any help would be much appreciated I would like to Random freezes/no sound/cannot shutdown prevent this from ever happening again Thanks Terry nbsp

A:Random freezes/no sound/cannot shutdown

Sound like you might have had a error with one of the drivers for your sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-freezes-no-sound-cannot-shutdown.184089/
Relevancy 59.77%

ok so i have been having thi sprob for a long time like ever since i got the card actually tried looking thru creative forums even contacted creative customer support several times it happens when i am playing a game or PIERCING x-fi platinum: SOUNDS FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD blaster sound RANDOM even just playing music but not as often here is what i have done to try and fix change pci slot of card change audio settings in creative audio console change latency settings change all types of bios settings uninst reinst drivers s of times manually delete registry entries installshield entries use drivercleaner pro sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS etc close ALL background processes except the ones you can t close probly more but i cant remember off hand this doesn t happen during any particular game either it happens sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS during the elder scrolls morrowind quite frequently though other games wizardry wizardry i DO play a lot of quot older games quot - and there is no compatibility mode built into the sound card or creative software i have tried running the games under sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS windopws compat mode no help either any ideas anyone p s my specs in my profile are up to date thanks nbsp

A:sound blaster x-fi platinum: RANDOM FREEZE/RESTART/LOUD PIERCING SOUNDS

Hi there,
I see you have tried a lot of things.
It sounds weird, I do not think sound cards need any compatibility mode.
With older titles it's direct sound only isn't it so they SHOULD work ....

Is onboard sound disabled in BIOS?
What entries do you have under sound video and game controllers in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-x-fi-platinum-random-freeze-restart-loud-piercing-sounds.43143/
Relevancy 59.77%

I just got an HP LJ L color laser printer It has already solved between restart LJ2550L jobs requires a number of problems here where I volunteer and we love it However there is one slight problem Many times when I send it a document to print especially right after it has printed another document LJ2550L requires restart between jobs it does not visibly respond green data light stays steadily lit does not flash as it does when receiving data and in LJ2550L requires restart between jobs control panel printers the document is shown with the status quot printing - error quot I have found by trial and error that if I LJ2550L requires restart between jobs turn the printer off and on again after its warmup cycle completes the job will start printing with no loss of data Sending multiple print jobs to my other printer HP DeskJet C causes no problems of any sort It just keeps on printing demanding paper when it runs dry then resuming when I insert paper and hit the form feed button I d prefer for the LJ to print without interruption or at least resume when I hit a button or select Restart in Printers it doesn t FYI I am running XP Pro printing from Windows Office the DeskJet is on USB the LaserJet on parallel port I update XP regularly and have downloaded and installed HP s latest version of the printer driver dated June Any suggestions Al nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lj2550l-requires-restart-between-jobs.247042/
Relevancy 59.77%

Computer hibernates satisifactorily but one half the time it must be restarted (with a password) to function.

A:Computer requires restart after sleeping

Keoweekid, welcome to the forum. It sounds like a glitch has occurred in the system.  I suggest going into the Control Panel / Power Options and changing all settings to Never.  Once this is done, reboot the computer.  Then, go back into the Control Panel and change the settings to what you want them to be.  This may solve your problem.  If this doesn't solve your problem, you may have to do a System Recovery. Also, if you are the only user of the computer, you can set it to boot with Auto logon.  This way you won't have to use a PW everytime you logon.  I have mine setup this way. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-requires-restart-after-sleeping/td-p/5647620
Relevancy 59.77%

A new install of Windows 7 professional on a new computer. System seems to be working fine. We have two users setup on a workgroup. Every time we switch users even if the other users logs off, the systems ask for a restart. If you tell it later, it pops up after a few minutes until you restart.

Any way to get windows to stop doing this?

I appreciate any help.

Ken

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/switching-users-win-7-pro-requires-restart-427716.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I was hoping somebody would help me as this problem has been driving me a bit crazy I had Windows Vista installed and have done off cut requires - few days Internet restart every will a clean install of Windows but exactly the same problem occurs Every few days my internet will cut Internet will cut off every few days - requires restart There are no error messages my network icon says I have internet access When I use a browser there are no error messages but links when clicked just fail to respond When I type in a search in the search bar and press enter nothing happens I generally hibernate the laptop as I often have open word documents and internet tabs that I like to keep in front of me rather than starting from scratch Internet will cut off every few days - requires restart each day If I reboot the computer the internet returns I have tried to run quot ipconfig flushdns quot quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot but they require a reboot and a reboot without doing these things always works anyway Any help with keeping my internet on would be greatly appreciated When I run trouble shooting the following error message appears Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource Microsoft Corporation is not responding Detected Detected Contact your network administrator or Internet service provider ISP Completed Windows can't communicate with the device or resource Microsoft Corporation The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarily unavailable I ran ipconfig and get the following Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TOMSLAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - E-FD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - - B-E - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C-A -A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fc a fd deec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Jumatano Aprili AM Lease Expires Alhamisi Aprili AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - C- - - B-E - - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap DAFE - - E- BB - DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c b f fef Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c b f fef Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - - C- - - B-E - - A NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Windows system gt Thanks Tom

A:Internet will cut off every few days - requires restart

Do not know why you posted ipconfig. That would not show what is going on. Are there any events in event viewer, showing the adapter going offline? Do any other devices on the network lose the Network connection?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45038-internet-will-cut-off-every-few-days-requires-restart.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I opened up the System Properties and clicked on the Network ID wizard to see what options were available for change I didn't actually make any No made but changes Windows requires restart changes and attempted to close the No changes made but Windows requires restart wizard but as soon as I did a dialog pops up saying I must restart the computer Problem is this computer is running some critical programs and must continue to do so The wizard mentioned nothing about requiring a restart at all at least not to my memory Is No changes made but Windows requires restart there any way I can get rid of this dialog without the computer restarting I am also seriously afraid that Windows may try to restart itself when the computer is idle regardless of what else is running in the background I do not want to walk away from this computer and come back to find that Windows auto-restarted because Microsoft in all its infinite wisdom decided it would be a good idea to restart a functional computer without the user's explicit permission Thanks in advance

A:No changes made but Windows requires restart

It looks like you must have clicked on something in the wizzard, to make it think that you have changed something or you might have actually changed something, but there is no reason why you should restart your pc now or in the next few days if you do not want to.

The changes will only take effect at your next restart (if any). Windows will not restart it if you did not tell it to.

So just when it ask you if you want to restart the Pc now just say NO

Hope that helps :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-changes-made-but-windows-requires-restart-80433.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So this issue has popped up recently where I can't seem to re-enable aero without restarting the whole system It gets turned off for a number of reasons from programs crashing itunes to the crappy Cyberlink Blu-Ray software turning it off but where it used to come back on its own or at least let me get at it from the personalization menu it will only let me use windows basic Choosing an Enabling Requires Aero Restart Aero theme in personalization does nothing but change Enabling Aero Requires Restart the Window Color icon from the windows basic to the custom color icon Basic persists and the new icon though Aerotastic in appearance still to the windows basic color options So far I've tried updating the video card driver updating windows restarting themes from services msc restarting Desktop Window and Session Manager Forcing it logging off and back on re-calculating the user experience index But the only thing that will bring aero back is a complete restart So I'd be grateful to know if any of you have had a similar problem or any idea how to fix it Thankies

A:Enabling Aero Requires Restart

oops forgot specs.

Lenovo Thinkstation D20 model: 4155CTO
Processor: Intel Xeon x5550 @ 2.67 GHz 4 cores, 8 logical
RAM: 8gb
Storage:
Marvell 64xx/63xx SAS controller
Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 500Gb (x2)
GPU: ATI FirePro v7750 1 Gb
Display: Samsung syncMaster 2343 BWX @ 2048x1152
Optical discs: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-203

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/25392-enabling-aero-requires-restart.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ok i just built this new pc cost me an arm and a leg and every thing runs fine except for the fact that it freezes randomly with looping sound and i cant do ANYTHING except hit reset It freezes maybe or times in about a day of use Im never doing anything specific ill be playing a game looking looping sound. with crash/freezes PC Random through my pc files or browsing the net and just staring at a website Ive swapped the RAM chips about Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound. ive taken the Audigy out and now im using the AC' onboard sound All Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound. my drivers are up to date im on SP for XP and im sure its not a heat issue as ive checked and nothing goes over 'C Yet it still freezes randomly The main parts are XFX GeForce GTX AMD Athlon Venice nm Socket MSI K N Neo Platinum nForce Ultra Socket PCI-Express Western Digital Raptor GB RPM SATA Ultra X-Connect W ATX PSU GeIL GB x MB PC Ultra Platinum CAS Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS THX Sound Card Please post with ideas this is driving me nuts

A:Random PC crash/freezes with looping sound.

Try Running System File Checker

(Insert Your Win XP Disk into your CD-ROM Drive)

Go Start-> Run-> SFC

Then Wait. This will compare all your system files to the original copies on the Disk, and replace Damaged ones.

Sounds like if your computer is just locking up, not auto-restarting, it could be a damaged .DLL File.

Also, how much did you pay for that PSU?

Some Companies rate their PSU's at a temperature of 25 degrees Celcius, and some PSU's drop as low as 380W when at around 40 degrees Celcius internal Temp.

These are temps inside the PSU, not air temps inside the Computer.
Be especially careful with that 7800GTX, Thats one Power-Hungry Card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-pc-crash-freezes-with-looping-sound-74954.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently put together a new build and am having an issue where after my computer has been on for more than a day or so it starts exhibiting persistence input lag freezing Basically every - seconds it locks up for - seconds If I start a D game in this state its even worse as it'll render perfectly for a Freezing Restart Daily Requires Intermittent few seconds than lock up for - seconds then run fine again for a few seconds etc The problem started when I upgraded my video card The only solution I have is to restart the computer daily as using the computer immediately after a restart does not show any problems I have all hibernate and sleep options disabled for now My initial thought was the video card Intermittent Freezing Requires Daily Restart as running with the motherboard's on-board video does not produce this issue I returned the card to the seller and they sent me a brand new one but the issue is exactly the same Could this be in inherent problem with the video card or NVidia driver Any suggestions - Intel Core i K - Asus Z -PRO - x G Skill F - C - GXM GB RAm - Windows Intermittent Freezing Requires Daily Restart Pro -bit - EVGA GeForce GTX G-P - -KR - Corsair Ax - Monitor resolution x - All drivers OS BIOS etc running latest versions

A:Intermittent Freezing Requires Daily Restart

Step 1.Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300804-intermittent-freezing-requires-daily-restart.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This has been going on for a few months now on my new HP dv few Lose hours, a restart, need wireless after help! requires - us notebook running Vista Home Premium -bit The computer starts up with wireless networking and wireless connection working fine At some seemingly random time usually a few hours my connection status will go from quot local and internet quot to quot limited connectivity quot with the little yellow warning icon I try disconnecting and reconnecting it can't connect I turn off and on the adapter using the on-keyboard button it says it is going quot off quot then quot on quot but connection is not restored quot Repair quot attempts fail immediately with no explanation given it just says it can't connect I can't ping any IP address or websites I get quot host unreachable quot messages The only solution is to restart at which point everything is fine Note that in this time when the wireless is not functioning I can plug Lose wireless after a few hours, requires restart, need help! in an ethernet cable and be connected to the internet just fine I did IPCONFIG ALL in the connected state and the 'after' disconnected state In the connected state Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dhe duke edu Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - - - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ad e f d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled In the disconnected state Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix dhe duke edu Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - - - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes When everything is working fine I can manually turn off the WLAN adapter and I get the same IPCONFIG results When I manually turn it back on connection is immediately restored So it seems to me like Vista is somehow losing its connection with my Wireless adapter I have updated the driver to the most recent version and it still experiences the same problem Thoughts Solutions Thank you

A:Lose wireless after a few hours, requires restart, need help!

I'm no expert on this, but it sounds to me as though the problem may lie with your firewall.

Some firewalls, if they sense a threat (real or imagined) will close all ports and thus stop traffic to and from your machine. Rebooting will return things to their base settings.

I'm sure the experts will be along soon and tell me I'm talking rubbish. But, until they do, just check.

Oops. Sorry, didn't notice the ethernet cable bit

Memo to self: Don't try to answer questions. Sorry again

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211573-lose-wireless-after-few-hours-requires-restart-need-help.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Very frustrating problem I'm having. I have a multi-monitor setup (not sure if this is the cause of this issue as I have multi monitors on my other machines).

Sometimes an application will freeze (hey, it happens) and I'll do a ctrl-alt-del, then hit task manager.

Then everything goes black.

I can see my mouse and can move it around, but that's it. I cant see anything else, and they keyboard seems to have no effect. In the end, I have to power down my machine from the power button.

I've tested this a few times...it's not just task manager. It's ANYTHING (change password, switch user, etc). Just goes all black. Not pitch black, but the screens go completely dark but I can see and move my (white) mouse icon.

This sucks! Help!

A:Screen(s) go black (except mouse) - requires restart!

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-s-go-black-except-mouse-requires-restart-352861.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This has been going on for a few months now on my new HP dv - us notebook running Vista Home Premium -bit This problem has happened at numerous locations with different routers networks always wireless few Always after restart, lose help! requires a hours, need the same symptoms though The computer starts up with wireless networking and wireless connection Always lose wireless after a few hours, requires restart, need help! working fine At some seemingly random time usually a few hours my connection status will go from quot local and internet quot to quot limited connectivity quot with the little yellow warning icon I try disconnecting and reconnecting it can t connect I turn off and on the adapter using the on-keyboard button it says it is going quot off quot then quot on quot but connection is not restored quot Repair quot attempts fail immediately with no explanation given it just says it can t connect I can t ping any IP address or websites I get quot host unreachable quot messages The only solution is to restart at which point everything is fine again for a few hours Note that in this time when the wireless is not functioning I can plug in an ethernet cable and be connected to the internet just fine I did IPCONFIG ALL in the connected state and the after disconnected state In the connected state Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix dhe duke edu Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - - - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ad e f d f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled In the disconnected state Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix dhe duke edu Description Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter Physical Address - - - - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes When everything is working fine I can manually turn off the WLAN adapter and I get the same IPCONFIG disconnected results But when I manually turn it back on connection is immediately restored which is not the case when it disconnects by itself So it seems to me like Vista is somehow losing its connection with my Wireless adapter I have updated the driver to the most recent version and it still experiences the same problem Thoughts Solutions Thank you nbsp

A:Always lose wireless after a few hours, requires restart, need help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/always-lose-wireless-after-a-few-hours-requires-restart-need-help.802379/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am having trouble installing any windows update that requires a restart Here Window Cannot any restart a Install Update that requires is a view of my Cannot Install any Window Update that requires a restart Windows update historyHere is the error msgHere are my basic system specs Basically every time windows tries to auto update it downloads installs then says a system restart is required It restarts acts like it is installing and gets to Step of goes from like to complete in a matter of a few seconds then states that the install was unsuccessful and that is must revert back to its previous configuration I have tried searching and doing some of the things that Windows suggests but to no avail I would like to start over from step zero just so I don t miss anything I appreciate any help with Cannot Install any Window Update that requires a restart this I do travel and am out of contact from time to time so I will try to post when I will travel and we I return so that the post does not go dead when I appear not to respond Thanks ahead of time

A:Cannot Install any Window Update that requires a restart

Have you tried...manually installing any of these updates?

How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services installation issues - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424946/cannot-install-any-window-update-that-requires-a-restart/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Acer Aspire 5755G laptop for gaming purposes, for the first couple of days it worked just fine but now I'm witnessing random freezes which cause my system to crash for a moment and when it happens, I'm hearing a weird (terminator?) sound from the speakers. I overclock my GPU when I play games but I'm sure it isn't a GPU problem since this happened before I even started overclocking the GPU. I'm not sure but I think that the CPU is the main cause of my system crashing.

Specs:

Intel i5 2430M CPU (with Turbo boost)
nVidia Geforce GT 540M
8GB DDR3 1333 MHZ RAM
750 GB 5400 RPM TOSHIBA HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Hope you guys can help me out with this annoying problem

Thx!

Relevancy 58.48%

This is my post on BSOD part of the forums:
http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cras...-set-up-3.html

Im having these random spikes, and they happen a lot when playing games. It still happens with less frequency browsing around. BSOD are "rare" to happen. It freezes for 1-5seconds and gets back to normal.

I have done memtest for 6h30 , prime95 , intelburntest, HD Tune, Manufacturer's Hard drive scanner, FurMark, graphics mem test and it has passed. I've searched around and saw someguy with the same problem (Watchdog) and he had his CPU voltage at 1.056V and he was told that it was low although he had his CPU overclocked. Mine isn't. But, I have this 1.008Voltage on BIOS monitoring tab.

Is it possible that this is done by voltages?

Thanks in advance,
Tiago

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23258-random-freezes-sound-distortion-some-bsod-voltages.html
Relevancy 58.48%

To work-sometimes the monitors or a monitor will give me a no signal.Have gotten ridd of all Malware virus and other pesky bugs.This also came on over a course a few days and has gotten worse.
The only thing the damn thing will let me do is load test my processor Phenom AMD 4 core
2.8ghz--and that always comes back great/Go to bed let it run all night still going strong in the Am.
Friend of mine is an IT guy whatever the hell that is..lol..he has concluded its the MoBo going south.
Any feedback from those who have been there done that.??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-random-freezes-sound-card-has-to-be-taken-out-and-reseated.895488/
Relevancy 58.48%

After about several hours a day my internet Requires Restart navigating, stops Browser Internet browser whatever browser I may be using at the moment Firefox Internet Internet Browser stops navigating, Requires Restart Explorer Chrome just stops navigating I could be searching any site when it happens I rarely ever use P P on this machine and its been working completely fine for about two months or so My laptop is always on the move from one Access Point to the next so its not a single router problem I could be connected to one Internet Browser stops navigating, Requires Restart router for about hours and all will work just fine but then I can connect to another Access Point and after about hours of the connection continuously working just fine the browser will just halt all activities and seize to navigate until I restart the PC Netbook Many Persons seem to have few solutions for this issue and if its a malware its still alive in the year I have recently ran Malwarebytes several times CCleaner Spybot Search and Destroy and Installed AVG Internet Security with hopes to try and stop all out of the ordinary request from accessing the internet all the while desperately trying to remove this nagging matter however I had no avail I ran HiJackThis so hopefully there is some thing here that is out of place Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system acs exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeE Installs avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEE Installs avgfws exeE Installs PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEE Installs iTunes iTunesHelper exeE MicrosoftOffice Installs Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Atheros ACU exeE Installs avgtray exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exeE Installs firefox exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data U U Launcher LaunchU exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeE Installs avgam exeE Installs avgrsx exeE Installs avgnsx exeE Installs OO OpenOffice org program soffice exeE Installs OO OpenOffice org program soffice binC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeE WinRar WinRAR exeE Installs Starter Starter exeE Installs HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - E Installs Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - E Installs avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - E Downloads Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHe... Read more

A:Internet Browser stops navigating, Requires Restart

Threat Neutralized.

I installed Zone Alarm and discovered that the notorious "SkypeNames.exe" (newly discovered) ~virus was the cause of the issue posted above. Upon being rudely disconnected from the world wide web once more "and for the last time", I immediately referenced the Zone Alarm grid to see what was the matter. Sure enough right under Firefox.exe was SkypeNames.exe accessing the network. After removal all reverted back to normal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255743/internet-browser-stops-navigating-requires-restart/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello

I'm not an expert about computer hardware but I have recently performed a clean installation of windows 7 to my laptop then I had install about 100 updates + drivers to use the software which required me to restart about 10 times, I read online that this can stress the hard drive or some hardware component which has got me concerned about it.

My question: Is it okay if I do about 10 restarts due to windows/drivers asking me to perform the restart action?

A:Is it safe to restart a few times when windows update requires you to?

There are always good reasons for Windows Updates to request a restart - and it allows WU to recheck and update the list of required updates.

A clean install of Windows 7 (RTM) currently requires about 99 updates - and then there's SP1 to install, and a number of other items, to get it fully up-to-date.

Short answer - restart as and when requested, or it can actually cause problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315691-safe-restart-few-times-when-windows-update-requires-you.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm working out of a computer repair shop and we've got an L that randomly stops receiving any input from the touchpad nbsp It seems to particularly happen when you try to do anything complicated and restart... requires working - stops L450 Touchpad such as move the mouse L450 - Touchpad stops working and requires restart... as press in the L450 - Touchpad stops working and requires restart... trackpad at the same time L450 - Touchpad stops working and requires restart... or double tap the trackpad to move something The only way to have it start working again is shutting down and restarting the notebook completely nbsp We've replaced both the trackpad and the motherboard and it still happens So it's definitely a software-side issue nbsp It happens on both Windows and Windows on both the drivers available from the product page and the newer drivers found through having Windows search for driver updates available online nbsp After some research I'm seeing that Lenovo notebooks seem to be a fairly common problem across many models spanning the last years or so nbsp Anyone got any ideas The notebook is sadly month out of warranty so sending it in is no longer an option

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L450-Touchpad-stops-working-and-requires-restart/td-p/3398157
Relevancy 58.48%

Ciao,I have this problem with my ThinkPad X220 since I upgraded it from XP to Windows 7.If I switch off the wireless radio switch on the left, it works instantly and disables all radios (as expected). But in order to have the radios work again I can't just turn the switch back on. It never works. I have to restart Windows and then it works.Is there anything I can do to not restart Windows?Thanks 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X220-wifi-switch-requires-restart-to-be-enabled/td-p/3327721
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I'm on a laptop and have a wireless internet connection. Very often, it will disconnect, then when i try to search for networks it says none available. I have to restart the computer in order to connect again. It seems to happen randomly, sometimes it will work fine for days while others times i'll have to restart it twice within two hours. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, my PC keeps freezing randomly, can be while gaming, online or even when it is just sitting idle on the desktop. Iv'e reinstalled windows twice and updated all my drivers but it still keeps on happening.

My Specs are:
Intel Core i5 4430 - no overclock
1 x 4gb DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Nvidia Geforce GTX 770
Cooler Master RS-500-PCAP-I3

When the crash happens there is no blue screen and the screen just freezes. If there is any sound playing it just goes into a buzzing sound and stays like this until I reboot, after this the PC starts like normal. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610971/windows-10-random-crashes-no-bsod-screensound-freezes/
Relevancy 58.05%

It's just done it times whilst I typed the title The system will just randomly lock up the mouse might move but nothing will work sometimes the whole screen freezes including the mouse sometimes if there is sound playing as well then that just loops really fast Half the time it does this after about seconds the screen goes black and when it comes back driver crashes sound loops, Random mouse freezes, I get a message telling me the display driver stopped working This is on a MacBook Pro with an nVidia GeForce M I just installed the latest drivers after this started happening rebooted and it's still happening so much that it's almost unusable and I've got lots of coursework to finish OS is Windows Ultimate -bit if you need any other information I'll gladly provide it Problem started when I installed DX then played Bioshock The screen froze and the sound looped and from then on this has been happening It's doing it a few times Random mouse freezes, sound loops, driver crashes every minute and makes doing work and playing games totally impossible Help would be greatly appreciated Edit Oh Random mouse freezes, sound loops, driver crashes and when I'm on OSX and run this OS in a VM there is no problem And just to make sure this doesn't require me to reboot just wait to seconds every time This might not sound a lot but if it's freezing every seconds it's VERY annoying

A:Random mouse freezes, sound loops, driver crashes

Okay, this might have been cuased by DX11. I'm trying to unisntall it now, but, no luck.

Not 100% sure why this was moved to crashes when I mentioned I don't have to reboot. It's basically lag, where you can't do anything for a few seconds, several times a minute.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/56055-random-mouse-freezes-sound-loops-driver-crashes.html
Relevancy 58.05%

First of all I would like to apologize for my bad english it is not my native language I really need help Hi I've been using ubuntu for almost years so a few months ago I decided to install windows mostly for gaming since the first week my pc just lock up freeze at random times also do a buzzy sound from the speakers I did a clean install again but didn't work I've tried installing windows as well but it still freezes Already tried updating drivers using differents softwares like driver booster or slimdrivers scans for viruses spyware malware updating the BIOS repairing the registry checking the CPU and GPU temps which are good so it's not overheating also run memtest for about hours did using Random freezes driver for verifier BSOD's) sound(even with buzzy passes and without a single error and Random freezes with buzzy sound(even using driver verifier for BSOD's) NOTHING WORK I decided to use driver verifier looking for a bad driver or something like Random freezes with buzzy sound(even using driver verifier for BSOD's) that but the pc still freeze and didn't show up any BSOD's So I really don't know what to do know Using ubuntu NEVER got me a freeze or crash that's why I believe it's a software issue system specs CPU AMD fx six core GPU Nvidia gt gb DDR Memory GB DDR gb gb Kingston Motherboard A M-A DELUXE SO Windows ultimate x I need help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386135-random-freezes-buzzy-sound-even-using-driver-verifier-bsods.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Everyone

Recently my HDD was replaced in my pc due to it was faulty (couldn't boot).
I got a new one and redownloaded my games, but now i have a decrease in FPS in most games and the newer ones (Rome 2, AC4 etc.) have large FPS drops and crashes to a black screen with flickering sound after a few minutes. This forces me to restart my pc manually. I initailly thought it was due to overheating, and i cleaned my computer, which cured some of the FPS drops, but the games still crash after a few minutes.
Does anybody know why this happens?
I have attached a zip folder containing the results from: DxDiag and MSINFO32.

Any help would be appritiatied, thanks!

Relevancy 57.62%

I have to shut my HP w2558hc monitor down and restart it to get it to awake from sleep mode. Started about two weeks ago. The operating system is windows 7 pro with a gigabyte GA H97-D3H motherboard. The video is onboard and fed by HDMI cable. Processor is Intel i5 4430. Everything else has been great for a year or so except for this little monitor problem.

Thanks for your help

prd1

A:Monitor requires stop and restart to awake from sleep mode

Problem solved by using scan now with repair (sfc /scannow), but had to do it in safe mode to get a repair. Scan indicated there were a few corrupt files and couldn't fix them all. but did solve the monitor restart problem. This is my first SSD { fairly new), and wonder if the SSD might be more prone to corrupt files and/or not being able to correct them all.

Thanks

prd1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-requires-stop-and-restart-to-awake-from-sleep-mode.1161891/
Relevancy 57.62%

My computer will randomly freeze during multiple activities If it freezes during music or video streaming or otherwise the sound skip broken random. Sound a repetitively Freezes Computer record. will at like skips like if Computer Freezes at random. Sound will skip repetitively like a broken record. a record player were bumped I could have just booted up and moved my mouse navigated to a new web page watching Netflix Computer Freezes at random. Sound will skip repetitively like a broken record. or YouTube listening to music via VLC or any other medium It also will freeze randomly Computer Freezes at random. Sound will skip repetitively like a broken record. when gaming MMO or offline games I've tried CC Cleaner Virus scan Malware scan MSCONFIG adjusting paging file size updating drivers I've had to re-install the OS previously approx year ago I've also defragmented I've ran tests on my video card in which my GPU reached degrees Celsius At this point however my computer did not freeze even though the temperature reached Celsius My computer will freeze completely at random during any of the aforementioned activities I've also cleaned the inside of my computer maybe months ago My specs are as follows OS Windows Vista Home Premium -bit CPU AMD Athlon tm II X Processor Motherboard Gigabyte Ultra Durable Motherboard GA-MA T-UD P Memory GB Graphics Card HIS Graphics Card Sound Card AMD High Definition Audio Device Hard Drives Seagate ST AS ATA Device GB

A:Computer Freezes at random. Sound will skip repetitively like a broken record.

Welcome

Here are my solutions to freezing, and an excellent article, which I hope is of some help
Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?
Try with clean boot..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://ezinearticles.com/?Troublesho...blems&id=39981

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298110-computer-freezes-random-sound-will-skip-repetitively-like-broken-record.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys Hoping for some help to troubleshoot my newly build desktop Specs accordingly Intel Core i - K - no overclock ASUS X -A - with latest bios x GB Crucial DDR Ballistix MHz DDR XMP PC - EVGA SuperNOVA G PSU EVGA required is reboot screen/sound BSOD, Random freezes crashed, and no GeForce GTX SSC ACX Windows The computer freezes seemingly at random can be in-game when surfing working in Photoshop or Illustrator or when it just idle with nothing but the desktop open Can't find any apparent patterns doesn't Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required seem to happen more frequently when stress testing or gaming sometimes it can happen just a few minutes after windows starts and sometimes I can game for an hour or two before it happens There is no BSOD the screen just freezes and if any sound is playing it also hangs and becomes a buzzing wining sound Then it stands like this until I reboot after it have happen computer boots and windows starts as normal This happens a lot sometimes - times a hour and is only visible as a Critical Kernel-Power error in the event logger This is what I have done so far - x fresh windows install with new and latest drivers - replaced the GPU with a ASUS GT - ran Memtest over night passed runs and was on the rd with no errors when I woke up Still the problem persists Only clue I get is that often but not always when this happens F is shown on the motherboard Q-code display which according to ASUS manual is in the interval for System Agent DXE Initialization Now clue what that mean or if it is related So this leaves the MOBO CPU and PSU I would assume CPU and PSU problems would show itself differently Can it still be software driver related And ideas takes or suggestions How can I troubleshoot this further Running a Samsung SM GB AHCI M PCIe x as bootdrive can this have something to do with it Thanks in advance all help much appreciated

A:Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required

This motherboard requires memory in pairs.  You cannot install 3 sticks.

Your memory should be installed in slots A1 and D2 this is probably your problem.

See page 23 of your manual for allowed memory configurations.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576589/random-crashed-no-bsod-screensound-freezes-and-reboot-is-required/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys Hoping for crashed, reboot and Random no is required BSOD, freezes screen/sound some help to troubleshoot my newly build desktop Specs accordingly Intel Core Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required i - K - no overclock ASUS X -A - with latest bios x GB Crucial DDR Ballistix MHz DDR XMP Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required PC - EVGA SuperNOVA G PSU EVGA GeForce GTX SSC ACX Windows The computer freezes seemingly at random can be in-game when surfing working in Photoshop or Illustrator or when it just idle with nothing but the desktop open Can t find any apparent patterns doesn t seem to happen more frequently when stress testing or gaming sometimes it can happen just a few minutes after windows starts and sometimes I can game for an hour or two before it happens There is no BSOD the screen just freezes and if any sound is playing it also hangs and becomes a buzzing wining sound Then it stands like this until I reboot after it have happen computer boots and windows starts as normal This happens a lot sometimes - times a hour and is only visible as a quot Critical Kernel-Power quot error in the event logger This is what I have done so far - x fresh windows install with new and latest drivers - replaced the GPU with a ASUS GT - ran Memtest over night passed runs and was on the rd when no errors when I woke up Still the problem persists Only clue I get is that often but not always when this happens F is shown on the motherboard Q-code display which according to ASUS manual is in the interval for quot System Agent DXE Initialization quot Now clue what that mean or if it is related So this leaves the MOBO CPU and PSU I would assume CPU and PSU problems would show itself differently Can it still be software driver related And ideas takes or suggestions How can I troubleshoot this further Running a Samsung SM GB AHCI M PCIe x as bootdrive can this have something to do with it Thanks in advance all help much appreciated nbsp

A:Random crashed, no BSOD, screen/sound freezes and reboot is required

"Running a Samsung SM951 256GB AHCI M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 as bootdrive...can this have something to do with it?"... Yes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-crashed-no-bsod-screen-sound-freezes-and-reboot-is-required.213207/
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

a couple of problems with keyboardit frezzes incl start buttonwhen i press key '' i need with shift i get 'blank and have to press a 2nd time to get it.to get a single ' i have to press twice to get '' and delete one space to get the desired result 'i dont have a pound button.isnt there a an app  that can reset the keys?thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/keyboard-freezes-and-quot-requires-2-taps-to-come-up/td-p/5783331
Relevancy 56.33%

I quot upgraded quot power Freezes Requires Windows and 7 off to Wndows as I was re-formatting and figured it was a good idea at the time It has been no fun at all up to Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off this point At first I noticed that if I left the machine on overnight with files and or browsers open when I came back in the morning it will have restarted sometime during the night and will be sitting on the log in screen I didn't worry too much about it but now it has decided to just freeze up First everything becomes un-clickable and then the cursor freezes up Ctrl-Alt-Dlt doesn't work so the only way to get out of it is to push and hold power and reboot that way I have read TONS of threads on here and other forums about this issue and I have done a great many of the suggested fixes such as - Switched to high performance power scheme - Updated Windows - Updated all drivers - Uninstalled Zone Alarm and replaced it with Kapersky - Forced the LAN to never go to sleep I checked the event log after one of the freezes and found multiple occurrences of the error that refers to SChannel Event i d - This happens even when I have no browser windows open - I am using Firefox - I have restored back to the earliest point but the machine hasn't really EVER been so there kind of is no good point to restore back to I was about to format and reload using bit version this time when I read that people had reinstalled and still had the problem I will provide more system info tomorrow providing I can keep the machine running long enough Thanks Mike

A:Windows 7 Freezes and Requires power off

Welcome!

Maybe a repair install will take care of the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71057-windows-7-freezes-requires-power-off.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been dealing with an issue that has me stumped. My system will randomly freeze, either the screen freezes completely and the sound begins to loop, or the sound stops and the screen goes black (the monitor says no signal). My only option is to press the power button, and then the computer won't restart. When I attempt to turn it back on the fan runs loudly, you can hear the hard drive begin to spin, but the fan never slows down and the screen remains black. The only information in event viewer is error 6008. Please help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602793/system-freezes-and-sound-loops-system-wont-restart/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is a recent problem I ran into with my new 7559. About a week ago I did a factory reset because the speakers were having a problem, and it worked fine for a couple days. Afterwards it would go into this flickering loop after it would wake up from sleep. This makes it so anytime I'm not using the laptop I basically have to shut it down, which really ***. I've posted a link of what the issue looks like. I ran the dell hardware test and my computer passed, and I also updated my drivers so I don't know what else to do. Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on what's happening. 

A:Dell Inspiron 15 7559 Major Screen Flickering After Waking Up From Sleep. Requires Restart.

I have exactly the same problem... :/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19678846
Relevancy 55.9%

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run the system off or Freezes - System power requires reset clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time my downloads may also continue System Freezes - requires reset or power off and when i have to do a hard reset the raid may have to be rebuilt It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc at first i thought it was a hard drive problem i had a stripe raid as the system drive or the cables connecting them i swapped cables i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing i removed drive - drive would crash removed drive and drive would crash so i don't believe my problem is hardware I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector exe when i try to install it the first window is okay select language i choose english and click next then then my system crashes explorer i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have raids in my system - two raid and mirror - i also have a drive for backups a total of drives - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

A:System Freezes - requires reset or power off

Quote: Originally Posted by ethereal9

I have been having problems with my system freezing - some programs may still run (the system clock will freeze but a sidebar gadget showing the time in scotland will show the correct time, my downloads may also continue and when i have to do a hard reset? the raid may have to be rebuilt).

It seemed to be random but i noticed that most of the freezes were occurring when i was installing programs and to a lesser extent when i was trying to control the computer with realvnc.

at first i thought it was a hard drive problem (i had a stripe raid as the system drive) or the cables connecting them. (i swapped cables).

i thought maybe i had faulty cables and a crash had broken system files as my raid was a stripe.

i reformatted everything and configured the raid stripe to a raid mirror and reinstalled everything - still crashing.

i removed drive 0 - drive 1 would crash. removed drive 1 and drive 0 would crash.

so i don't believe my problem is hardware

I have found a program that almost crashes my system - videoinspector223.exe

when i try to install it the first window is okay (select language), i choose english and click next then then my system crashes (explorer?). i can write this in firefox but i can't click on the start button or the taskbar. if i cancel the installation i can then use the taskbar. (this may just be a rogue program but it is a problem that i can reproduce and i have have full freezes installing programs - last night a j river media player install froze completely.

occasionally realvnc crashes to both screens are completely black and i have to power down - these may be related.

let me know if i have provided too much information or not enough

i hope you can help - i like the system but i crave reliability - i have 3 raids in my system - two raid 5 and 1 mirror - i also have a drive for backups (a total of 9 drives) - i don't like the system freezing and having to rebuild my raids all the time (obviously it is time consuming but more importantly my data is at risk)

thank you for reading this and i hope you can help

Hi and welcome

can you type event viewer in search. go to the windows logs>application tab. Look for errors (red in left column) that relate to app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem. when you find them note the Event ID and course codes. relay them to use

Thanks

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42090-system-freezes-requires-reset-power-off.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Friends I hope you can Requires Freezes Boot and System Warm suggest a remedy for me to fix my computer It freezes after a short period but only when I am using Napster via the Internet or when I play a audio CD System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot I have a Soyo P x Dragon System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot Ultra AGP Pro PCI Motherboard w GHz w G RAM OS XP Pro v SP I have been using this computer since April and never have experienced this issue before When I review the Event Logs nothing's there except the infamous quot ESENT quot messages I have not upgraded to SP because I am waiting for the SP kinks to be worked out My network is not using SUS servers so all ESENT is going directly to Microsoft I have been seeing postings at other sites related to ESENT that reference unexplained freezes and reboots Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try or do you need additional info It's after pm here but I will be back tomorrow to work on this again Any support is greatly appreciated -SV

A:System Freezes and Requires Warm Boot

I have not received any comments regarding my original support request. Am I the only one to have this computer freeze occur? Part of me feels the problem is the sharing of bandwidth by the new WindowsUpdate monitoring. The other part feels it might be my sound card which is built in on the mother board. Any ideas, Any one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-freezes-and-requires-warm-boot-36467.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days I have a dell xps with water cooling the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs I have a dual boot setup with - gig hard drives Vista Ulti and Win Pro I have a qx extreme chip and gtx video cards gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card Drivers were all updated reset 7 Windows ro 64 hard requires Freezes Everything was running pretty good after the inital install a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW vista does the same thing occassionally After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem Then the freezes became more often And can happen at anytime sitting at desktop gaming or surfing internet My descent setup is now crap Currently I used driver sweeper Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset and removed the nvidia display drivers and am now running windows display driver WDDMV and these didnt fix it either Any help would be appreciated Thx

A:Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Serbsniper

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2 gtx 280 video cards, 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. Drivers were all updated. Everything was running pretty good after the inital install, a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW, vista 32 does the same thing, occassionally. After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board, this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech, they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem. Then the freezes became more often. And can happen at anytime, sitting at desktop, gaming or surfing internet. My descent setup is now crap. Currently I used driver sweeper 2.1.0 and removed the nvidia display drivers, and am now running windows display driver 8.15.11.8593 5/14/09 WDDMV 1.1 and these didnt fix it either. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hi and welcome

We are going to need a ton more info before we can be of much use to you.

First thing we want to do is look in event viewer. Next time you freeze type eventvwr in search. goto the windows log>application tab. You want to look for errors ( they have red "X" in the left hand column). when you find them and you will, use the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make screenshot and upload it using the attadchment icon( shaped like a paperclip) on the reply form

See Pics
Let us know if you need help with that

ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45204-windows-7-ro-64-freezes-requires-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello im quite new to this forum so please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp reset. Computer freezes, hard requires

A:Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Bumping for reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-requires-hard-reset.962745/
Relevancy 55.9%

When I let my computer run unattended, usually but not always, it will freeze and I must manually shut it down and reboot. Often the laptop feels very warm as if it is locked in a infinite computing cycle. On two occasions, out of the blue, I have seen flashing lines and a frozen screen requiring manual shut down. The word and excel icons have been replaced with generic icons but work normally. Spinrite finds no hard drive problems and several antiviral programs detect no viruses.

Occasionally, when I must manually reboot, the cursor hangs in the upper left corner and the computer is totally unresponsive to any command including manual shut down. However, if I close and open the lid, windows start up is initiated.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

John

A:computer freezes and requires hard boot

check your memory and be sure to remove any dust inside your laptop to increase airflow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-and-requires-hard-boot.906417/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok so I am going to try to explain this as thorougly as possible while trying not to sound like an idiot in requires Screen reboot randomly, hard Freezes the process Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot I am by no means computer savvy so anyone that has any advice will more than likely need to talk to me like a Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot th grader I am ok with Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot that Since installing a Windows Update about a month ago my screen will randomly lock up At times it will clear itself after a couple of seconds and state something to the effect that quot display driver amd has stopped working and recovered quot Other times it will stay frozen for about minutes and then will start functioning properly again More often than not though it will stay frozen indefinitely and require a hard reboot This happens during mundane activities No extreme gaming going on Generally it is while just browsing the net It tends to happen more often to my wife who uses it during the day to work through a VPN I don't believe there is any correlation though I have read multiple forums on the web and have tried several things from cleaning the registry to uninstalling the driver software and reinstalling it in safe mode The latter seemed to work last night but today my wife started having the same issue again I am attaching the file from the SF Diagnostic tool but it said I didn't have any dumps to log I'm sorry if that makes a suggestion more difficult Thank you in advance for any and all help I can get Brandon

A:Screen Freezes randomly, requires hard reboot

See if you can get to the DMP's this way....

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229295-screen-freezes-randomly-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all How about this for a brain picker then So running Windows bit Home Premium and all seems ok well actually have had a few problems such as not being able to install games and stuff but they are different issues I'm very new to Win so please appreciate that I am still learning the ropes as I was running XP bit for the last years and that is how old my system is see specs if it helps So a few days ago I am just doing my normal thing like browsing the web and trying to restart "sound" with crashing Random no install games etc and then bump computer makes a crashing sound but nothing happens What Did I just actually hear my system fail and it's still working Really really strange It's like I'm waiting for it to BSOD or something like there is a delay but no it just carries on Thought nothing of it but recently it's done it at least once every time I use it Basically makes the crashing sound and then you can hear it fire up like it's initiating a standard boot Random crashing "sound" with no restart up We all know our own machines and we know what a restart or BSOD sounds like and Im certain that is what it is Never did that in XP and if it did crash well it would post blue screen and then you would have to do forced restart Win by the way was an in place upgrade over Vista bit as my mobo wouldn't accept Win from cold fresh install I asked Random crashing "sound" with no restart a friend and he said it may be Win quot masking quot Win Vista or something but that can't be right and there is no evidence of another OS on my partition nor do I have a dual boot config etc Drivers all up to date and Bullguard has not detected a virus so I have no idea what would cause that and it's totally new to me Infact I didn't even know a computer could do that I'm just curious if anything else as to why it would do that and if anyone has experienced this themselves I have a funny feeling that this isn't an isolated case nor unique Yes you might say quot If it doesn't actually crash then whats your problem quot Fair question but if it was you wouldn't you at least wonder why it's doing it and try to pinpoint it I mean lets face it no system should do that Thats called teasing Thanks all

A:Random crashing "sound" with no restart

That might just be another system/program event that by chance is linked to the same "crash" sound. (like a scheduled event/ backup that failed to start for some reason or anything similar)
If you can reproduce that behavior, I would start taskmanager and see what all is running in the background. Or see if an icon disappears from the taskbar (next to the clock) if you hover your mouse cursor over it.
Or as a precaution, to narrow it down, make sure that no unnecessary programs run in the background.

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192139-random-crashing-sound-no-restart.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been having an issue with my computer starting up When I turn it on in the morning it freezes at the Vista splash screen so I am forced to manually shut down the computer Then to multiple startup on normally requires and Computer start freezes boot-ups I turn it on again and it brings up the start windows normally or safe mode screen Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally I ve tried going on both options safe mode works without freezing and start windows Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally normally Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally doesn t because it loads until the splash screen and freezes again making me manually turn it off again The second time it freezes and I shut it down and turn it on again it brings up the start up repair screen I have to run the start up repair otherwise it will just keep freezing and I can t use the computer Once the repair ends it says that there are zero errors I am then able to start windows normally and this process only happens the very first time I try to turn the computer on that day I have tried to just keep the computer on I have tried to put it into sleep mode etc but the computer just ends up freezing again I have tried starting it without things like the mouse printer speakers etc plugged in only the keyboard plugged in but it still doesn t work I have also tried to uninstall recent software but that still doesn t work I have searched with my antivirus and no viruses were found This problem has been going on for over a week now I ve researched possibilities but have found nothing helpful If you know what could be causing this problem please let me know Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Lancaster Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Computer freezes on startup and requires multiple boot-ups to start normally

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-on-startup-and-requires-multiple-boot-ups-to-start-normally.1082024/
Relevancy 54.61%

I Have Read Numerous Rocking Shut Cabinet Requires Down Random Often Other Entries Of Similar Problems I Have An E-machines Desktop This Unit Is Refurbished The Problem Started Random Shut Down Often Requires Rocking Cabinet When I First Got It - I Sent It Back - They Replaced The Modem It Worked Fine For Months Same Problem Ocurred Thinking I Had Learned Something I Replaced The Modem With A Name Brand Again The Problem Subsided About Weeks The Random Shut Downs Usualy Require Only A Light Rocking Of The Cabinet To Start Up Again Sometimes It Completely Reboots And Requires Reactivation Of Active Desk Top Other Times It Just Starts As If Coming Out Of Hibernation windows Xp Sometimes On The First Start Up Random Shut Down Often Requires Rocking Cabinet Of The Day I Need To Rock It To Get It To Start Do Any Of You Suspect A Bad Hard Drive Would A Bad Psu Have Symptoms Requiring quot the Rocking Action quot When It Is Running it often runs Several Hours With No Problems or it may fail in the first to minutes nbsp

A:Random Shut Down Often Requires Rocking Cabinet

Open your PC up and reseat every PCI/AGP card. Reseat your Memory stick(s).
Check all cables between motherboard and drives and pront-panel-switches.
Check all cables between powersupply and drives.
Check the power-cable and its plug. Check all keyboard/monitor/mouse/internet/modem cables.
Check that all the fans are working properly, and that the cooler is properly mounted on the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-shut-down-often-requires-rocking-cabinet.19270/
Relevancy 54.18%

Starting a few days ago When ever i booted my PC after about 3-5 minutes on it would freeze. After hard reboot I would either get BSOD or the monitor wouldn't work. I've ran a full scan with both avast and malwarebytes and I'm not infected. I'm running memtest now, 6 passes and no errors.

Memtest finished 7 passes not 1 error.. restarted system was fine til earlier when i got home.. turned on PC and few mins in it froze again. had to hard reboot a few times didn't get any BSOD this time.

A:Computer freezes multiply times on start up, requires hard reboot

still need help :l

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239672-computer-freezes-multiply-times-start-up-requires-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I ordered this computer from CyberPower I ve listed the relevant specs below I ve read Freezes Locks, Logs, 7 BSOD Reboot, No & No Requires Event Windows a lot of other people having similar issues but there doesn t seem to be any concrete answers My computer randomly freezes and locks up requiring a hard reset to continue The everything Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD except the mouse freezes and then eventually the mouse will too The HDD light is inactive Event Viewer shows nothing except quot The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected quot This seems to happen at completely random intervals It usually happens when I m Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD browsing the web or watching a streaming video netflix but it has also happened while loading a program or not doing anything at all There have been only a couple consistencies It has never done this while playing a game I play Starcraft II and Battlefield While trying Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD to reinstall BF it has locked up the past times I ve tried to install the game I have reinstalled Windows Installed current drivers Run Memtest with no fails Run Intel s diagnosis software on the SSD with not issues I m assuming this is a hardware problem What further troubleshooting can I do to narrow down the suspects Thanks for the help While writing this post the computer crashed but this was different as I received the BSOD The following event log occurred at boot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x efb x d x xfffff eeb A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id I don t know if that is relevant or not Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -BitMotherboard CrossFireX GigaByte GA- A-D AMD Socket AM ATX Mainboard w On Off Charge Audio GbLAN USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe X PCIe X amp PCICPU AMD FX- GHz Eight-Core AM CPU MB L Cache amp Turbo Core TechnologyVideo Card AMD Radeon HD GB GDDR X PCIe Video CardMemory GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Corsair Vengeance Power Supply Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold Plus Power Supply Gold OS Hard Drive GB Intel SSD SeriesData Hard Drive including Users amp ProgramData folders TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDDOptical Drive LG UH LS K X Blu-Ray Player amp DVDRW Combo DriveLCD Monitor quot Widescreen x Asus VS H-P LCDCooling Fan Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Advanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA

A:Windows 7 Freezes & Locks, Requires Reboot, No Event Logs, No BSOD

How many passes did you allow Memtest to complete?I see that you've provided your setup, but please provide a Speccy snapshot for additional needed information.Use Speccy to provide details of your computer's configuration.Download, install, and run.After Speccy has finished gathering information, click File > Publish Snapshot.In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.A web address will be displayed. Click Copy to Clipboard and paste it in your next post. Include your computer's manufacturer and model number, as well.=========================================

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439002/windows-7-freezes-locks-requires-reboot-no-event-logs-no-bsod/
Relevancy 53.75%

Suppose, while working,its doing fine.Suddenly the display light goes very very dim,almost dark but enough to see that its not completely turned off.Not like it went to sleep as the sounds(like,if i'm watching a movie)go on.Sometimes few more restarts randomly work.But,mostly within a few seconds of restart,the light goes deem again.Even when battery is fully charged(as it shows so),it happens.Tried checking the AC adapter both connected or disconnected,the same happens.Is there any loose connection. What's the problem and how to fix it? Please,Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Screen-lights-go-off-whenever-started-Requires-random/td-p/5605497
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm unsure if this is a virus or some sort of problem with parts of my computer. My pc is locking up at random intervals and requires a hard reboot. I have ran a recent scan on mbam and it found a pup crossfire virus. I'm hoping the issue can be resolved easily instead of having to buy a new pc or new parts.

A:Computer locks up and requires hard reboot after random moments of use

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455332/computer-locks-up-and-requires-hard-reboot-after-random-moments-of-use/
Relevancy 53.32%

This problem has been persisting for a few weeks I did a fresh re-install of windows genuine and it is still happening so I thought I would ask for help When I first turn my desktop on everyday within minutes of starting up it freezes no mouse or keyboard response sometimes before 5 mouse within freezes startup, minutes on freezes restart Computer on I even have a chance to login I have tried unplugging and plugging them back in to no avail If there is anything animated like a game on my screen at the time of the freeze it will also be frozen I have also tried waiting to see if it will unfreeze even after hour there is no change Fans are still spinning and all lights in tower and on headset keyboard mouse are Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational So after the initial freeze I restart the computer and every single time within minutes of starting up again the mouse will freeze But only the mouse keyboard and programs on screen are still Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational This is easily fixed by unplugging it Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart and plugging it back in Then the computer is good to go for the rest of the day At first I thought it was a problem with my mouse Steel Series Sensei Raw so I swapped it out Logitech G and uninstall the Steel Series software with Revo uninstaller but even after that the problem persists and that was before I did a fresh re-install of Win Enabled Startup programs nbsp Avast AntivirusNvidia BackendNvdidia Capture Server ProxyRealtek HD Audio ManagerusbmonitorI have attached my Dxdiag file as well Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart

Did you remember to re-install ALL proper Win8 drivers after the clean install ? ?Neither of those NVidia apps need to be in the stsrtup group BTW though thats likely not the issue...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151919.0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have had this issue for awhile it comes and goes I will be playing a computer game it can be anything times) (multiple when restart Freezes during I & games try to it freezes from world of warcraft to counter strike and occasionally the computer will freeze As far as I can tell it will not respond to keyboard input or mouse movements I do not hear any sounds when it freezes Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times) and the monitor will be frozen on whatever window is active at the time The only thing I can do at this point is restart the computer and shut down the computer Upon doing either while the computer boots up it will freeze at random points windows icon log in screen sometimes while the bios is loading Not sure if this makes any sense but if I shut down the computer and unplug the power supply and plug it back in then turn the computer on it usually boots without freezing I really doubt its an overheating problem because I do not let the computer cool down between restarts or the unplug plug thing but I am open to all suggestions Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times) Intel Core Duo E Conroe LGA GHz EVGA nForce i SLI MB GB PC - Corsair CM X - C D NVIDIA GeForce GTS nbsp

A:Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times)

Anyone?

Also I just came back from vacation and now my computer won't start. It freezes at the "starting windows" screen and when I try to repair it freezes as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-during-games-freezes-when-i-try-to-restart-it-multiple-times.151217/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a 17' Samsung 700Z laptop about two years old. Lately, it has been freezing up. I'm not sure if this is a Windows issue or a driver issue or something else. It usually freezes when I am gaming but sometimes freezes when I'm using Firefox as well. Freezes, no mouse movement, audio glitches out and the only fix is to restart it. It will freeze within ten minutes again though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523768/screen-freezes-randomly-manual-restart-but-freezes-again/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys im posting on behalf of my brother who gets frustrated and just wants to give up Basically what was happening was during game play his PC would randomly shut off It got worse as time progressed more fequent restarts and then not even being able to power the system up Now he has been getting a message after the post screen saying Windows did not start up please choose from a start up option somethingto to trying restart/Restart windows after Random load that extent then you can choose from safe mode or regular start up The problem here is that you cant select anything no keyboard Random restart/Restart after trying to load windows response and then windows automatically tries to load windows load screen and then a BSOD appears very briefly Random restart/Restart after trying to load windows and the system restarts Originally I thought his problem was cooling with the random restarts But then it started restarting after about a minute that the PC was on So I thought a dieing PSU But the windows restarting has got me thinking a bad hard drive or something as an extra bonus to bad power cooling This was a PC purchased from Ibuypower about years ago I hate that company with a passion nbsp

A:Random restart/Restart after trying to load windows

Hey I appologize for posting this under the wrong thread. Didnt relize what thread I was under when I posted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restart-restart-after-trying-to-load-windows.86509/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

Seems to have recently happened for no reason.
Fast Boot is live in Bios and Power Options,
Hibernate has not been disabled.
Boots normally from cold.
USB lighting options showing on 1st boot from soft restart from desktop, but then goes into limbo.
Press PC reboot button ( not boot up ) and starts normally.

Please advise

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/62093-windows-10-build-14393-103-requires-restart-button-pressed-twice.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everybody I wonder if everybody had similar problem before and found the solutions the problem Here what happened Upgrading memory to MBX MB on my HP Pavilion C I used to have MB and MB modules on both available slot and the computer just worked find Replaced the MB with MB RAM stick both modules are PC and strange things happening Memory/RAM restart & quit Random Program after upgrading Random the system randomly restarts itself or programs just quit without warning or sometimes quit with error messages I ran the memory test with both modules on socket and they failed the stride wmats and wstride First I thought the new module was bad but either memory passed all tests when installed ALONE not in pair The computer runs just fine with only one module in first socket I Random restart & Random Program quit after upgrading Memory/RAM did not try to install only one memory in nd socket worried to screw up everything I ve tried to reinstall the memory with CMOS reset but the problem persisted Everything in my computer is updated driver and BIOS PhoenixBIOS I tried to disable the Legacy USB Support when running the memory test but it did not help Does anybody have an idea what s wrong with my computer My computer specs HP Pavilion C http h www hp com ewfrf wc n lang en amp cc us amp lc Random restart & Random Program quit after upgrading Memory/RAM en amp dlc en amp docname bph Athlon Mhz AMD Irongate AMD- Chipset Phoenix Bios Latest update from HP site I believe it has ASUS motherboard MB RAM Windows SP NVIDIA Vanta MB AGP Everything else remains factory standard The VIO setting is the original factory setting pin amp -- gt V Thanks Jung nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

So one of my friends is running Vista -bit with her DXdiag attached I also have attached her Windows today a more recent Dxdiag Her computer was fine about two months ago and shes had it for months Then these quot freezes lockups quot started randomly throughout the day She'll be gaming or just browsing the internet with a few AIM MSN windows opened random programs will lock up and freeze while others stay perfectly functional Windows seldom freezes along with the programs but it does happen occasionally where she can't use task manager and the windows button is forced to freeze for about - minutes She hasn't had freezes above ish minutes because she manually shuts down her computer about that time Sometimes when she freezes she gets past bios and while windows was loading it sent her to a black screen that didn't load anything She had to keep restarting a couple of times and waiting ish minutes and eventually her windows loaded up She says this doesn't usually happen either She wiped about a month ago and it didn't really do anything At all She did a clean format reinstall of windows and these freezes - Freezes Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- still freezes Program/Window persists Random still happen with the same occurrence rate severity duration I also have the event viewer logs of her Random Program/Window Freezes - Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- freezes still persists system and programs They were taken right after the freezes Not sure if these help they seem like a bunch of crap to me but just incase I can't tell anything for certain from it but it does say there are some errors Now I made sure the drivers to her computer are updated windows vista is updated and these freezes still occur Heres what we tried I can't figure it out at all Searching for the bios for led me to find this Flash succeeded problems till persist Ran memtest for hours no errors Reformatted to retail stock with CDs in Vista -bit Ran without video drivers Ran in safe mode Dual booted into Windows windows updated fully fresh newest drivers installed for all motherboard components and video card All of these failed freezes still happen to random programs If anyone can figure this out it would be GREATLY appreciated

A:Random Program/Window Freezes - Formatted/Flashed/Memtested..- freezes still persists

These sound like hardware issues. Please run these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

Post back with the results and we'll move on from there.
It won't hurt to run MemTest again - but I wouldn't put a priority on it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-program-window-freezes-formatted-flashed-memtested-freezes-still-persists-491061.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have random freezes sometimes they are glitchy and rarely BSOD all on bootup or up to about half hour in which also turns of the mouse Also youtube doesn t autoplay playlists and all sugestions next to the video are black This started a few weeks to a month ago first it seemed just a minor annoyance but it started to become more often the last few days I rarely and BSOD sometimes Random freezes, freezes glitchy ve tried some checks but without success Also I remember the week before those crashes that twice the screen driver crashed for a second or and then a message popped up about how a monitor driver crash was adjusted always when I played a certain game that is still in beta so I taught it was the game I posted the same problem a few weeks ago in another forum without success so I try it here I dont have a restore point from before that and nothing special in the installed drivers list

A:Random freezes, sometimes glitchy freezes and rarely BSOD

Hi Relo. Please post the link to your previous thread for some references to check to avoid redundant suggestions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476707/random-freezes-sometimes-glitchy-freezes-and-rarely-bsod/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I'm very sorry for just being a new member and allready posting I felt like i needed to post this straight away as i've seen the technichal support given by the community and as much i can be honest this is the top website i found with the most fixes to anyone that will be interested in helping me I appreciate it deeply - thank you very much Recently i left my computer to update a game world of warcraft overnight When i woke up I was confused why it was back to the login screen Black link Google Random Freezes. Login Screen, & Random Help: 'Jump' im guessing it must have reseted So i logged in couple of minutes later the wallpaper changed into something 'Warning your computer has been infected everything you do is logged' so bla bla So i ran a couple of AVG scans manage to find Help: Random Black Login Screen, Google link 'Jump' & Random Freezes. the thing it was something called b exe been deleted now my wallpaper problem is fixed HOWEVER sometimes when i turn on the pc it's just a plain black screen with a curser in the middle a couple of clicks it will freeze it works after a couple of hard reboots Everytime i search something on google using firefox and click on the link it brings up a new tab with 'jump' title the computer also randomly freezes at some point This is my log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Carlo at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxdxserv exe C WINDOWS system lxdxcoms exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBAMSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBAMTray exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C PROGRA Raptr Raptr exe C PROGRA Raptr RaptrBT exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C Documents and Settings Papa Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Papa Desktop Deskop Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Octh Class b - b - -b f -f b efc - c program files orbitdownloader orbitcth dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b -... Read more

A:Help: Random Black Login Screen, Google link 'Jump' & Random Freezes.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248105/help-random-black-login-screen-google-link-jump-random-freezes/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi folks Thought Windows random 7 - redirects, malware, random freezes browsing BSoDs, I may need to start a new thread I noticed Windows 7 - malware, random BSoDs, browsing redirects, random freezes other threads have similar issues to what I m seeing and didn t want to confuse by re-posting in the same thread I have Windows Enterprise and just started having many random windows blue screens I think it started as soon as I tried to run a trainer for a game Company of Heroes since McAfee said it was a trojan and I tried to restore it after seeing online by other folks that the file was legit Anyway since then I think i started to see many BSoDs not always the same BSoD message and they would occur during normal windows usage a few times in Safe mode with networking But most of the time usually within to min of running normally Anyways I ran the McAfee virusscan and it found a few viruses also ran spybot and malware bytes and Stinger I ran them from safe mode and was able to clean out the affected files I still see fewer BSoDs but mainly now my google chrome browser won t work I ve tried uninstall reinstall and every time I load it it never works sometimes freezes and I have to do a hard power off on on my laptop I have a lenovo w Other problems is that my windows randomly freezes Also so far I can use Internet Explorer and Firefox not able to install Opera But when using Firefox or IE i sometimes get random redirects I have ran hijackthis and can provide the log file I can also provide the windows minidump files Please help I greatly appreciate the help Regards

A:Windows 7 - malware, random BSoDs, browsing redirects, random freezes

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375946/windows-7-malware-random-bsods-browsing-redirects-random-freezes/
Relevancy 48.16%

installed a new motherboard, new cpu, new ram, new hdd, a different graphics card, found errors on a cd drive, disabled that, and my computer still restarts randomly, like before i decided to get new hardware. automatic restart is turned off. what can i do?

mobo: mis p43-c51 (new)
tried both gf 7950gt and 8800, no difference, still problems
seagate 250 gb hdd (new)
intel q8300 2.5ghz (new)
x fi extreme gamer soundcard
ocz 600w psu
4 gigs of ocz ram pc3-8500 1066mhz (new)
latest drivers. new sata cables. temperatures ok.

please help. this is getting... quite annoying to say the least, almost replacing all hardware and still problems. thank you very much in advance.

Relevancy 46.87%

Device is up to date, however from either the Start menu or Command prompt Windows freezes at manufacturer splash screen on restart, requiring hard shutdown,
This returns even after clean install of Windows 10

suggestions or recommendations

A:Freezes on restart

Have you tried starting in safe mode to investigate further?

Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/32166-freezes-restart.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I installed windows 7 on a brand new HDD,i updated all the drivers of chipset etc,the computer runs fine,but the only problem is that when i try to make it restart the screen goes black, the keyboard and mouse also,but the fan and the pc keeps running, i tried to set the bios to default but nothing,so i tried to restart it from the safe mode,from the same mode it loggs off ok but when the shutting down screen comes it freezes there,so i am guessing its the same thing happening to the normal restart. I tried uninstalling all the newly added programs but still the same thing,i tried resseting the ram but still the same,any help please??Thank you very much

A:Pc freezes only on restart

you are able to get into the safe mode?
Have you tried system restoring it ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-only-on-restart-641589.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I installed windows 7 on a brand new HDD,i updated all the drivers of chipset etc,the computer runs fine,but the only problem is that when i try to make it restart the screen goes black, the keyboard and mouse also,but the fan and the pc keeps running, i tried to set the bios to default but nothing,so i tried to restart it from the safe mode,from the same mode it loggs off ok but when the shutting down screen comes it freezes there,so i am guessing its the same thing happening to the normal restart. I tried uninstalling all the newly added programs but still the same thing,i tried resseting the ram but still the same,any help please??Thank you very much

A:Pc freezes only on restart

Was it ok before you installed any of your software? or did you not try a restart until all your software was installed?

Was there any particular reason for replacing the hard drive, did it have problems before the new drive was fitted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-only-on-restart.1050123/
Relevancy 46.87%

Using HP EliteBook 8440p, product# XT915UT installing XP Pro sp3 causes laptop to freeze when I RESTART. Shut down, log out all work fine, I just can't do a restart. It freezes at a black screen with the white arrow curson that will not move. To get out of the freeze I have to hold the power button until it shuts-down. This laptop comes with Windows7 which does allow me to do a restart without freezing. However we don't use Windows 7, we have to use XP Pro. Any suggestions on how to find what's causing the laptop to freeze on restart?

A:XP Pro freezes on RESTART

What operating system is the laptop currently running? Is it Windows 7 or Windows XP pro or both?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415767/xp-pro-freezes-on-restart/
Relevancy 46.44%

gday,
i have a very annoying problem

when i turn my computer on it will run fine for around 30 mins and then it starts freezing every 2 seconds. It becomes responsive for 2 then unresponsive for 2 seconds. This happens until i restart my computer and it fixes the problem for another 30 minutes...

I have reinstalled windows xp but this has not fixed it.

CPU: intel e6750
RAM: 3GB (1GB stick + 2GB stick)
motherboard: ASUS p5k-se
graphics: geforce 8400 gs

if you know a solution i would greatly appreciate your help

A:comp freezes after a while and need to restart

Could be hardware problem, overheating, fans, etc.
I see you have a 1GB ram and a 2GB Ram, did you recently add rams? and which one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-freezes-after-a-while-and-need-to-restart.973738/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys Ive already seen a post like this so I ll try not to be silly and provide as much info as I have Board in question is ASROCK PVM Problem we re having is when I start the machine up it works fine for minutes or so and then stops everythign freezes on the machine and the hard drive LED remains solid I did a hard reboot switching off at the mains and then restarting then the restart goes nowhere No screen info no restart.... Computer freezes, screen doesnt even come outa standby mode nothing happens at all Motherboard has no beeps going Computer freezes, no restart.... on which usually gives a signal that no ram is present I dont know if the ram is buggered or if its the Processor I tested this using onboard graphics and with a geforce MB and both had same results Locked up after mins didnt reboot Now I left this for a day and I booted it again works fine for mins and back off same thing This leads me to believe I Computer freezes, no restart.... could have a processor problem or a possible overheating problem Any information based upon what I have provided you with would be a bonus I have no hardware testing kits to test power outage unfortunately but at a best guess what could possibly be the problem I see from other posts that RAM could be screwed or the Processor fried can anyone possibly give me more info regarding my situation Many Thanks G nbsp

A:Computer freezes, no restart....

Did you boot into Safe Mode (assuming you can since you gave virtually nothing for info) and still get frozen after 5 minutes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-no-restart.79690/
Relevancy 46.44%

My Windows 7 keep freezing whenever it restarts. Just as 'Shutting down...' message disappears, screen turns black and nothing happens, not showing POST screen or whatever.
I've been geek for 10+ yrs and I just don't know what's happening.

A:Windows 7: Freezes on restart

Did you install Windows 7 on this system when it previously ran a different OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-freezes-on-restart.149771/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have built computers b with no problems but this one got me utterly confused I built a computer for a friend and his dad my friend built them while i watched i just order the parts We got Windows restart on freezes it all together and it turns on we installed windows xp pro just fine Windows freezes on restart Once he installed all the drivers and updated them all we updated windows now every time he goes to restart he has to shutdown his computer and flip the ps switch in the back of the computer then flip it back on and the computer will turn on just fine otherwise when he turns off the the comp or restarts it without doing that windows freezes while loading Contacted Microsoft because i assumed it was a windows error They said it could be a corrupted windows update I was thinking wouldn t it do it all the time then not just when it restarted The only thing i can think of is that the computer doesn t turn off completely and so the ram isn t completly cleared until we kill power to the ps so when windows trys to load again to locks it up idk just taking an educated guess please let me know if u have any insights my friends setup ------------------------- his dads mobo asus m n socket am -----------------------------same cpu AMD Athlon X ------------------------Amd athlon x ram gb of ocz ddr ----------------------------------- gb of wintec ddr vid X pro mb pcix ------------------------Same case Raidmax-------------------------------------------Apevia Ps Raidmax watt---------------------------------Apevia watt os win xp pro------------------------------------------same they use the same windows cd thats y i orginally thought it was a windows problem but it only happens when they dont kill pwr to the ps so then i thought it was a motherboard issue it could be combination of problems but and info can help thanks nbsp

A:Windows freezes on restart

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-freezes-on-restart.100339/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello erveryone since yesterday I have a strange problem My computer was running all day like usual until it suddenly crashed Couldn't open applications not even ctrl alt del It still semed kinda active unlike the usual freezes The mouse symbol still shows the turning wheel for waiting My PC is around years old and nothing happened so far It was running just fine until yesterday When I make a forced restart during the semi freeze it sais that no detectable drive can be restart freezes PC and SSD won't detect after found When I turn off the PC completly everything runs fine again But the errors won't stop When I was outside yesterday and came back in the PC restarted itself and all it showed again that the drive couldn't be found Windows included memory tests and harddrive tests show no errors Crystal Disc Info shows no errors either When the computer crushed this morning dropbox crushed before saying The instruction at x referenced memory at x The required data was not placed into memory because of an I O error status of xc e I wonder what's wrong all of a sudden I hope you have a clue Maybe the power supply P S Sorry for PC freezes and won't detect SSD after restart my english

A:PC freezes and won't detect SSD after restart

Quote: Originally Posted by Sasu

The instruction at 0x0... referenced memory at 0x00... The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000000e. I wonder what's wrong all of a sudden. I hope you have a clue.

Maybe the power supply?

P.S: Sorry for my english

There is no crash dumps in the supplied zip. You did not complete the bugcheck code too. I guess the bugcheck code ends with 7A?

0xC000000E is the second argument for a stop 0x7A, that means STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE and explains as "A device that does not exist was specified". It explains the fact that the SSD is not being detected, as you reported.

Is the SSD not detected till now? Boot into the BIOS and see if it being detected there. It should be.

Also make it sure that the SSD is running with the latest firmware. For teh M$, it should be version 070H.
How to Upgrade Crucial SSD Firmware | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews
Crucial SSD Firmware Updates
Let us know the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351782-pc-freezes-wont-detect-ssd-after-restart.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey I've been having some problems with my computer recently Pretty consistently it freezes and restart once every day Usually happen within the first - hours of use then doesn't happen again before I've shutdown and started up the computer again First the screen freezes and - Computer >.< and restart freezes seconds later sound stops then after a while of being total frozen it restart When I started up again I got this message I can't read anything reasonable out of it but perhaps you can Widnows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Windows can check online for a solution to the problem Problem details Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the Computer freezes and restart >.< problem BCCode BCP FFFFF E BCP BCP FFFFF FEEA CE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Flashist AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Computer freezes and restart >.<

Please zip up the dump file and attach to your next post

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/112079-computer-freezes-restart.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys hope someone can help my PC randomly freezes and the only way to fix this is to force restart hold button down the time of the freeze can vary from hours to minutes of being on the pc I did a memtest for hours an no errors popped up I'm not sure what to test or anything when viewing the event logger only things i seen in event logger is Warning Name resolution for the name tracker ilibr org timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Warning Request to physical disk is timed out Warning Name resolution for the name tracker ilibr org timed out after none of the configured DNS servers Fixes. Freezes, PC Only Restart responded Warning Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications Error The DeltaCopy Server service failed to start due to the following error The service did not start due to a logon failure Error The DeltaCopyService service was unable to log on as with the currently configured password due to the following error The parameter is incorrect To ensure that the service is configured properly use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console MMC nothing else in event viewer Just the above

A:PC Freezes, Only Restart Fixes.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536775/pc-freezes-only-restart-fixes/
Relevancy 46.44%

Unless its laying on its side or on an angle Its weird I know but why is this We have a WIN Professional sp I think and PC freezes wont restart.... and it was running great then out of the blue it just freezes no CRT-ALT-DEL nothing We had to hold the button on the front to turn it off then when we turned it back on nothing No beep like it normally does PC freezes and wont restart.... but the cd drives and the floppy drives sounded like they were running but the monitor light would stay yellow as in not responding to the PC So We messed around with it and noticed that inside there are green lights right above a yellow serial port and that when one of them turned red or even yellow it would freeze So now everytime we start it up which we rarely do anymore because we are afraid it won t restart we have to make sure all the lights turn green before we can take a breath Nothing has been recently added nothing has been happening out of the ordinary Here is a list of our hijack this file Not sure if it was needed but here it is anyhow Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp wz b HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE quot -quiet O - Extra context menu item Customize Menu - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu html O - Extra context menu item Fill Forms - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComFillForms html O - Extra context menu item RoboForm Toolbar - file C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboFormComShowToolbar html O - Extra context menu item Save ... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I have been having problems mainly with my internet browser I normally use firefox I can only go to a couple of pages before it stops responding Sometimes it crashes instead I have tried internet explorer and the same thing happens and chrome doesn't work at all I have Firefox can't freezes, and restart multiple copies of wuauclt exe running When I restart my computer by holding the power button because I can't restart normally I have one of these running but Firefox freezes, and can't restart they multiply until I have like of them Like I said before I can not restart my computer When I hit restart it usually gets to quot windows is shutting down quot before it freezes Here is the dds log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Keith McCall at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Keith McCall Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files HPQ shared hpqwmi exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Keith McCall Desktop dds scr C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - No File uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings keith mccall local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNC mRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/firefox-freezes-and-cant-restart-503734.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So this is a problem I've had with my PC for a long time now, and just never got around to finding a solution. Half the time when I attempt to restart my computer the computer just freezes at the restart screen. So installing software generally results in a crash, I feel as though since my computer simply crashes during half the windows updates that issues are going to begin to stack up.

Any clue how to fix this?

A:Computer freezes on restart

Hi, Welcome to Eight forums.

Try turning off "fast start up" on power options.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39864-computer-freezes-restart.html
Relevancy 46.44%

EDIT I moved this to XP a I suspect it s a driver and not malware Hi So here goes I know I should have come here sooner but I thought I got it fixed by a local guy Since I don t trust people locally as they have little to no computer skills I was looking for someone remotely to fix the problem but won't restart Computer & freezes I couldn t find anyone or they played Computer freezes & won't restart games About weeks ago my computer started crashing sometimes where everything freezes sometimes where I can use the mouse but I can t click on anything that was Computer freezes & won't restart open When I use the restart button even though the computer starts up the monitor is black There s also beeps instead of Someone told me that s a memory issue This new memory is about months old Didn t have any problems until now Sometimes I get to my computer amp she s just dead even though she s still on I took it to a guy who thought it was the video card He took it out tried to put his in that didn t work tried to put mine back in that worked He said sometimes you just have to take the hardware out amp put it back in again I thought it was fixed but it wasn t When I called him back he played quot I m busy games quot so I knew I had been ripped off that he has no clue what he s doing he just got lucky Usually this happens once every few days but over the weekend it s been increasing to every day amp yesterday I got a Windows error message ati dvag Device driver go t stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly Please check your hardware device vendor for driver updatesStop x EA x C x A E B xBA FBCBCI did look up the quot ati dvag quot amp found this but am scared to use it unless you guys say it s ok to use How can it be both the memory amp the video card I m going to go look for driver updates as soon as I send this off The only old things in the computer are the video card amp MB The HD RAM amp power supply I got this year at the beginning or thereabouts I have been having computer issues prior to this as usual but nothing this bad where I can t even use this computer Thank gawd when I power it off amp let it sit for a few hours she powers back on but this is clearly serious Please HELP If I don t have a computer I can t work I can t communicate with family friends etc I rely on my computer Thank youMichelle-------StatsXP all updated AviraMBAM paid versionhttp i photobucket com albums ae michellek ComputerStats jpg

A:Computer freezes & won't restart

<<I did look up the "ati2dvag" & found this, but am scared to use it unless you guys say it's ok to use.>>You should never even consider using programs that promise that they can repair whatever is wrong...by removing registry files from your system. Even if the premise is correct (removing reg files will alleviate the problem)...such programs are dangerous. That doesn't even take into account the fact that your registry entries may not be the problem.Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons: Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.
Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.
Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.
Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.Ed Bott's Webog: Why I don't use registry cleaners Do I need a Registry Cleaner?Can you post a screenshot from Disk Management?Also...to save a lot of questions and answers...can you follow the directions Here . Thanks .What does your motherboard manual state...that the beep codes signify? I don't seem to be able to get an English version of the manual.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426801/computer-freezes-wont-restart/
Relevancy 46.44%

Is this happening to anyone else ?  I have rune virus scans E.T.C.  all clear....  It could be a pre-set / format choice , but where do I look ?
It`s not the line as the T.V. / phone work fine.
I must have ticked the wrong box somewhere...

If you know anything , any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  //  Tom    //   

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df1e7a88-fcbf-4079-9db0-9fe3733f43e7/help-my-internet-freezes-after-10-min-i-have-to-restart?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.44%

Computer sticks during boot on cold start First hard drive won't get past HP start screen Then it gets farther with during Freezes and freezes random boot, each repeat after pressing button to shut off Hard Drive light goes off Three different Freezes during boot, and random freezes drives have been cloned into the system Two were original Freezes during boot, and random freezes WD Gb one a data drive other was year old Seagate Gb SATA Power supply has been replaced Today the BIOS screen showed on first and second attempts Then it said it was collecting array Replaced battery on motherboard Occasional freezes during running after finally getting to run state Cannot get out of freezes without power button No software escape works as suggested on HP's Vista troubleshooting Occasionally it would reboot on freezes Now it freezes without reboot The cold start problem has become more obvious the last few days with all the testing and restarts for Windows Updates and drive switches Vista Hm Premium -bit Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system years - REinstalled Vista from factory backup partition on hard drive and updated with updates CPU Athlon AMD X Dual Core Video Card On motherboard NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce MotherBoard ECS The MCP PM-HM Power Supply - CGI W just replaced System Manufacturer HP Pavilion m f

A:Freezes during boot, and random freezes

Go into Device Manager. Right click on the Teredo devices (that are having problems) and select "Uninstall". If needed, the devices will reinstall on your next reboot (but, in most cases, then don't come back).

You only have SP1 installed. Please do the following:
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 2 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP2: Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

Uninstall SpeedFan as your drivers date from 1996.
There are more updated versions available at the SpeedFan website.

Update your chipset drivers from the nVidia website as they date from 2007/2008
Try these: NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.49 WHQL

See if there is an update for your Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard drivers on the HP website. Your drivers date from 2005. Try this one: Spring 2008 Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver HP Pavilion Media Center m8300f Desktop PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

If the above steps don't stop the BSOD's, then please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please either update the older drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers.

Code:

vsflt53.sys Tue Apr 12 07:31:30 2011 (4DA43812)
nvstor32.sys Fri Oct 12 19:55:17 2007 (47100965)
vididr.sys Tue Apr 12 07:31:03 2011 (4DA437F7)
timntr.sys Thu Jul 29 13:30:47 2010 (4C51BAC7)
dump_nvstor32.sys Fri Oct 12 19:55:17 2007 (47100965)
speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 12:08:45 2011 (4D83838D)
snapman.sys Wed Mar 09 08:22:59 2011 (4D777F33)
giveio.sys Wed Apr 03 22:33:25 1996 (316334F5)
PS2.sys Mon Dec 12 20:26:59 2005 (439E2363)
HSXHWBS2.sys Thu May 08 16:05:16 2008 (48235CFC)
HSX_DP.sys Thu May 08 16:03:14 2008 (48235C82)
HSX_CNXT.sys Thu May 08 16:04:13 2008 (48235CBD)
nvmfdx32.sys Fri Aug 01 14:37:49 2008 (489357FD)
HCW85BDA.sys Tue Jul 14 16:44:20 2009 (4A5CEE24)
nvlddmkm.sys Fri Oct 30 16:00:35 2009 (4AEB45E3)
nvBridge.kmd Fri Oct 30 15:40:44 2009 (4AEB413C)
RTKVHDA.sys Wed Feb 11 07:38:05 2009 (4992C6AD)
MpFilter.sys Wed Apr 06 14:25:55 2011 (4D9CB033)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vsflt53.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvstor32.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vididr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=timntr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_nvstor32.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=speedfan.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=snapman.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=giveio.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PS2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HSXHWBS2.sys
http://www.carrona.o... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freezes-during-boot-and-random-freezes-632051.html
Relevancy 46.01%

The issue just started yesterday with the System Restore virus Removed this possible files comp playing, random sound random slower, IE malware? popups, runs virus restored all my icons IE random popups, random sound files playing, comp runs slower, possible malware? and unhid my files Then began recieving search redirects random iexplorer popups and random soundfiles playing in background Computer is running much slower IE random popups, random sound files playing, comp runs slower, possible malware? Tried other sites recommendations of running TDSSKiller which I could not get to work even in Safe Mode That being said here are the logs which you require be posted Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Frontier Frontier Security Services rps exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Frontier Servicepoint FrontierServicepointComHandler exe C Program Files Frontier Frontier Security Services AVG Identity Protection agent Bin AVGIDSMonitor exe C Program Files Frontier Servicepoint FrontierServicepoint exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Kyle Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage emachines com rdr aspx b ACEW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m et R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www charter net google index php q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net cid NET mmhpset R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage emachines com rdr aspx b ACEW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m et R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage emachines com rdr aspx b ACEW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m et R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Powered by Charter Communications R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - d-c d - d -bd -b b a - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - EA- A- b-ADF - D E CC - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Skytel Skytel exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-random-popups-random-sound-files-playing-comp-runs-slower-possible-malware.1026352/
Relevancy 46.01%

When i try to restart my computer..it freezes up on "windows is shutting down" and so i have to manually turn it off and back on...

and when i shut down my computer and error comes up that says "SMC.exe error, the intrusion failed blah blah blah "
if you need the real message just let me know!

k any help at all is greatly appreciated!

I LOVE YOU

A:freezes up on restart and error on shutdown

That is a sygate firewall error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-up-on-restart-and-error-on-shutdown.382782/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi... my PC hangs up and i restarted and i get a black after the monitors displags thr brand logo... dvi and No signal

Tried solution:
Clear CMOS
removed CMOS batterry
Reseated all hardware including video card,ram sticks and hard drive along with SATA
done a bunch of resets
Clean VideoCard,Heatsinker and Ram sticks
trjed exchanging ram stick placjng

Any help pls? im sorry if i posted in the wrong section

A:Pc Freezes and screen goes black after restart

Is this a recently built system ???

If so reseat the CPU and make sure the thermal paste is properly spread and the fans are properly installed

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289456-pc-freezes-screen-goes-black-after-restart.html