Windows Support Forum

Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

Q: Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479812/planning-to-downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-will-the-drivers-provided-on-my-dell-drivers-and-utilities-be-compatible/
Relevancy 97.18%

Right, a dell inspiron 1545 laptop, the disk that has the drivers and stuff on it .. is lost so now I need to know which drivers..

The disk has device drivers and diagnostics and utilities

This is mainly for network/internet connection

A:Drivers And Utilities For Dell

If you can provide the Service Tag I'd be more than happy to give you the exact drivers and utilities you'll need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/96588-drivers-utilities-dell.html
Relevancy 96.32%

When I went there and put in my service tag, it listed 36 things for me to download. 9 of the 36 were zip files.

I first installed the app files, 1 or 2 of which were useless since they had to do with a 1515 adapter and my system came with 1300, so I'm not sure why this is listed for my specific computer.

Then I went and dealt with the zip files, though it appears all of them are not compatible with my vista 64bit (wtf?) so again I'm not sure why these files are listed for the service tag I put in (I guess each individual or type of operating system has one).

Secondly I wonder what is a "firmware reflash" since it was in one of those zip files and I let it run and do it's thing (this is more important for me at the moment) did a search and didn't find answers.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/255519-dell-drivers-utilities-site.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Is it safe too just delete all my dell drivers before installing the new ones or should I back them up to D: first CLUELESS!

A:Reinstalling my drivers and utilities Dell 1564

What exactly are you trying to do with that computer?

If all the devices in that computer are working okay, and if the Device Manager shows there's no problem with any of its devices, there's no compelling need to update the drivers.

Is this your computer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstalling-my-drivers-and-utilities-dell-1564.984342/
Relevancy 94.6%

I tried to install [email protected] on a few Toshiba laptops, but it needs a newer Catalyst driver than the latest available on Toshiba's website (their drivers not being updated since March). This page said that "Some OEM and some laptop vendors modify the Catalyst drivers that ship with their cards" and recommends just downloading from ATI's site. Is there any technical disadvantage or pitfall in doing that if the driver's custom? I'm guessing it would be unsupported by Toshiba, at least.

A:OEM-provided drivers versus vanilla graphics drivers?

Be sure to read the release notes for the driver and make certain that it supports your model. If not, look in the archives and find an older one.

Usually, the standard ATI driver will work on an OEM machine. It's not unusual for the manufacturer's site to post only the driver they shipped with the machine. But you can always roll back if it does not work as desired (an option in Device Manager).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oem-provided-drivers-versus-vanilla-graphics-drivers.773466/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello There are numerous threads with the same issue online but none of the solutions have worked for me so I'm posting my own I did contact Microsoft and Lenovo but Lenovo is asking for money that I can't afford for tech support so I'm hoping someone here can help me out Here's the situation I have a Lenovo Y P that came with Windows Half a year later I'm sick of and want to downgrade to Windows I know that simulation 8.1 downgrade Windows drivers ins device -> found' 7 Windows 'No error softwares 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins like ClassicShell and such exist but I would really rather just use Windows I downloaded a legitimate copy of Windows Ultimate -bit and burned it onto a DVD disk I also downloaded all of the Windows device drivers from this Lenovo site Laptops and netbooks IdeaPad Y Series laptops IdeaPad Y p Notebook - Lenovo Support US I had to specify the model number and 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins OS so I'm hoping I downloaded the correct drivers all of the drivers are exe format is that what it's supposed to look like I put all of the drivers onto a flash drive So I am now equipped with a DVD with Windows on it as well as a flash drive with 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins all of the drivers on it I boot from the disk with the DVD and flash drive attached Windows installation begins and here I get the error 'no device drivers found ' When I click 'browse' I see that the flash drive is recognized but the files on it aren't What do you guys think the issue is Best anon

A:'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins

Why would you do all that? Win7 is a driver-complete OS in the installer and via Windows Updates after install. Providing a bunch of drivers is from the XP era.

You only need the wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided during reinstall, you can install it to get online, enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3), then run all Important and Optional Windows Updates which should deliver most drivers. I would only import drivers still missing after all rounds of Windows Update are finished.

For a Win8 PC there are special steps that must be taken to disable Secure Boot and enable CSM or Legacy BIOS to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7. Then when you boot the installer to do the Clean Install Windows 7 delete all partitions using the Drive Options shown in Steps 7 and 8, create and format new as you wish, install to first partition.

Other tips to get and keep a perfect Win7 install are same as for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342475-no-device-drivers-found-error-windows-8-1-windows-7-downgrade-ins.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Windows 7 has been on the market for at least a year now. And I cannot believe, that there are only *4* drivers to download for a Windows 7 x 32 bit system (for 64bit System there are *145*). When one installs this system on U500 some of the drivers and almost all Toshiba Utilities are gone.. and there is no place, where you can download them from...
Can you , Support team,please do something about this question? A lot of people would be extremely grateful for that.

Kind regards

Message was edited by: ailieva

A:Satellite Pro U500-10N Drivers and Toshiba Utilities on Windows 7

Hello

If you want to discuss with support team than you must contact Toshiba hotline and explain the situation.
You are right. Win7 is long time on the market but it doesn?t mean that notebook manufacturers support both versions (32 and 64bit) for all notebook models.
Fact is that older notebook models delivered with Vista are supported for Win7 32bit but all newer notebooks like your U500 are mostly supported for 64bit version only.

Global trends in computing, mobile computing and software development go forward and it is important to have always better and faster systems. It is the reason why all notebook top sellers offer more and more platforms with 64bit OS only.

To be honest I don?t think Toshiba will offer 32bit support for U500.
I have U500-1EX with touch screen and use original OS that I got with.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62040-Satellite-Pro-U500-10N-Drivers-and-Toshiba-Utilities-on-Windows-7
Relevancy 93.31%

I was stupid and decided to reboot the computer and re-installed the windows 7 but come to find out the Dell 1564 recovery disk wasn't where I thought it was so now I don't have dell webcam central or when I turn up the volume it doesn't pop the volume bar up if I go to my C: drive and click on it I can get to some of the stuff but I have no Idea what to do from here I planned to just erase everything and put it right back on and it isn't working that way!

A:Solved: Can't find the Dell 1564 drivers and utilities disk

Dell 1564 Drivers and Downloads - http://support.dell.com/support/dow...emID=INSPIRON1564&os=W764&osl=en&catid=&impid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-find-the-dell-1564-drivers-and-utilities-disk.984338/
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm looking to update drivers for my new laptop (Product: N3Y37UA#ABA, Model: 13-4195nr). I downgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 7 Enterprise. Windows update is not working with the Enterprise edition and I've been successful finding some drivers, but not all. I succeeded at installing the drivers for touchpad, USB, wireless, video, and SD card, but would like to install as many as I'm able to. Here is what is showing up as still deficient in the Device Manager: HP Truevision Full HDPCI Device (PCI Slot 4 PCI bus 1 device 0 function 0)PCI Simple Communications Controller (PCI bus 0, device 22, function 0)TouchscreenUnknown device (location 0 port_#0007.hub_#0001)Unknown device (on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System) Thank you! 

A:drivers for a new laptop and windows 7 downgrade

Hi: See if these drivers work for the camera, PCI Dev, and the PCI Simple Comms Controller... This package contains an HP Universal Camera Driver to support the integrated webcams in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74941.exe The Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers enable the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75104.exe This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74844.exe If you installed the Intel graphics driver and the touchscreen still isn't working, unfortunately, I would not know why. Please post the hardware ID's for these two unknown devices, so I can figure out what drivers they need. Unknown device (location 0 port_#0007.hub_#0001)Unknown device (on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System) To find the hardware ID, click on the unknown device in the device manager, and then click on the Details tab at the top of the unknown device window. Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/drivers-for-a-new-laptop-and-windows-7-downgrade/td-p/5721643
Relevancy 92.88%

I bought a refurbished HP 6200 SFF computer in order to revive my old Nikon LS8000-ED film scanner that requires FireWire.  I also bought a FireWire card and installed it in the computer.  After spending many days trying to get the FireWire working with several iterations of drivers and Windows 10 adjustments, I bought Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. 

I have now loaded Windows 7 several times, with varying sources of .iso file, and I have no network or FireWire capability. In fact, device manager shows listed under "Other Devices": a) Ethernet Controller; PCI Serial Port; c) PCI Simple Communications Controller; d) SM Bus Controller.  Each of these devices also shows a yellow triangle symbol with the exclamation mark in it and no driver for it.

So what should I try next?  I've been ALL over the internet looking for clues but most sites want to sell me something I do not need.

Thanks in advance...

A:Missing drivers after Windows 10 to 7 downgrade

Right click each device with a Yellow exclamation mark. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line for each device into your next post. HP's support site has a number of Ethernet drivers and posting the Hardware IDs will help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619666/missing-drivers-after-windows-10-to-7-downgrade/
Relevancy 92.45%

I currently have Windows 8 x64 and it's been a year and I'm thinking of downgrading to Windows 7. The problem is that I've installed most, if not all of my programs on E: drive (different hard drive), and not my C: drive. All my music and movies are also on E: drive.

Is there a way by which I can downgrade to Windows 7 without rendering these programs useless? I know they'll still be there in E: drive but I'll have to reinstall them all over again which would be very time consuming. Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem? Is there a certain option that I must choose whilst installing Windows 7?

A:Planning to downgrade to Windows 7

Why are you looking to downgrade?

Have you tried to use Windows 8.1 before downgrading?

If you wish to downgrade, all the programs will need to be reinstalled.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/planning-to-downgrade-to-windows-7-a-840809.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Good day I want to downgrade my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7, however I fear that I won't be able to get the drivers needed for Windows 7 64 bit, for example beats audio, cyberpunk media suite etc.Please assist me on which drivers would be suitable for my machine when I do downgrade to Windows 7 64 bit. This is urgent...!!! Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Drivers-needed-to-downgrade-to-Windows-7-64bit/td-p/5643873
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello All,
I have a HP Pavillion laptop which has Windows Vista preinstalled. I want to downgrade to Windows XP. I contacted HP and they told they dont support as HP doesent have drivers for Windows XP. So I wanted to know a list of components on my system, the drivers needed and where I can find those drivers, so that I can do the downgrading by myself.

-
I Hate Vista

A:Downgrade to Windows XP from Vista, Want to know all drivers and where to find them.

Many HP Pavilion computers, both laptop and desktop, do not provide drivers to downgrade from VISTA to WXP. When they do, they are listed on the HP web site.
Otherwise, you have to get the part numbers and chip numbers off each device, then do a search at the various driver sites.
Sometimes with HP, there is no alternate driver for XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downgrade-to-windows-xp-from-vista-want-to-know-all-drivers-and-where-to-find-them.105180/
Relevancy 91.59%

HI i have a dell inspiron 531s and i donwgraded it to windows xp sp2... but dell doesnt have the drivers for windows xp becoz they have some agreement with Microsoft w/e..... i would like to know if anyone can help melocating the drivers... all of them ethernet chipset audio video etc... pls help
thanks for everything

A:Downgrade dell Inspiron 531s from vista to xp no drivers!!

do you know the manufacturers and models of the extras? If not, pull the cards and get that info, then go to the manufacturer sites and download them.

You make it sound like it dells fault, its not. Its yours. You should have pulled that info off the running vista build before you crushed it.

You might also try drivers.com, once you know the manu/model of the cards.

If its a laptop, dells site may give you the list of whats installed is you search the model number, then go to the manufacturer sites, or google the model number. But dont count on it, since dells are not always the same. If you have the service tag, you might be a bit luckier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrade-dell-inspiron-531s-from-vista-to-xp-no-drivers.687582/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello there!
I got new laptop, HP pavilion x360 (11) and I can't install Windows 7 from USB because during installation I got an error that's saying something like this "you don't have drivers" so... I read on the internet that I need drivers from intel SATA.
I downloaded it, I even gave the folder for it on disk C and even this didn't help, it still wants drivers and I can't install Windows 7.
HP support can't help me.
Maybe you will?
Cheers!

A:Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 - Drivers error

is this your hp??? if so there are NO win 7 drivers only win 8.1

see here http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...tible-PC-series/6936239/model/7174184/drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-drivers-error.1143188/
Relevancy 87.29%

HP Pavilion 17-f114dxintel core i7-4510U 2601Mhz,2 Core(s) bios version/date insyde f34, 12/19/2014SMBIOS Version 2.8 Hi,I downgraded this laptop from Win 8 to Win 7 Professional. Everything's fine, but I can't get on the internet. It says I have no drivers, adapters, controllers, etc.,I'd really to like get this up and running again, and any help is greatly appreciated!thanksKCKcay

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Looking for Drivers: A Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7...

Hi, Except the BIOS uses 450 G2 drivers http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4059 WifiRealtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers   Regards 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Looking-for-Drivers-A-Downgrade-from-Windows-8-to-Windows-7/td-p/5020050
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi, I recently purchased the Note book 15-ac170ne, from the same day onward getting different type of BSOD, so I downgrade the system from windows 10 to windows 7 pro, after down grade all the major drivers (Networking, USB, chipset, graphics, etc..) are missing. Try to download the drivers from HP website most of them are not compatible, so please provide me the links where I can able to download the driver Downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 ProProcessorIntel® Core? i7-6500U with Intel® HD Graphics 520 (2.5 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)

A:After Downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 pro all drivers...

Hi: If the Intel chipset, graphics driver, and usb3 drivers from the support page aren't working see if the ones directly from Intel work. Chipset intallation utility:  2nd one listed is the auto install file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?v=... Graphics:  3rd one on the left. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th... USB3:  Download, unzip and run the setup.exe file. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control... Ethernet: This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp71268.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/After-Downgrade-from-windows-10-to-windows-7-pro-all-drivers/td-p/5595568
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello to all nbsp nbsp I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows XP Home on my Dell Dimension All went fine Now I need to install the correct drivers I have the Dell Resource disc and this is where the problem starts nbsp nbsp As noted elsewhere after the reinstall the screen display of the Resource disc Dimension using XP Installing 2350 drivers reinstall Resource on Windows Dell disc Dell after is as it would be in quot Safe Mode quot Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc I was aware of this As such the Resource disc Search Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc Criteria screen was a bit larger Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc than the monitor screen I was able to size it to fit the screen but this is really not the problem it is the following The Search Criteria options I have from the drop down menus on screen are as follows System Model nbsp nbsp All Dimension C DXC Dimension DXP G Dimension E DM XPS nbsp nbsp nbsp Which if any do I pick Operating System I think I got this one nbsp nbsp All Windows XPTopic nbsp nbsp Maybe this one too nbsp nbsp All Applications Dell Diagnostics Diagnostics Drivers Utilities nbsp nbsp For the life of me I cannot figure out the exact drivers I am to install Windows XP only appears in the Operating System menu I pretty much know the install order but as I said I m a bit confused about selecting the correct drivers from the disc This computer is not connected to the internet at the moment so I can t download and use any sort of driver detection program Other searches have confused me further and have provided no specific answer to this problem nbsp nbsp If anyone can enlighten me on a step-by-step solution to this I m thinking quot Dell Resource Disc for Dummies quot I would be extremely grateful Thanks to all Zlek nbsp If it helps I went into the Device Manager with quot Show Hidden Files quot enabled and all it shows with the yellow question mark are nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp Ethernet Controller Multi-media Audio Controller Video Controller VGA Compatible nbsp nbsp

A:Installing drivers after Windows XP reinstall on Dell Dimension 2350 using Dell Resource disc

You need, in installation order:

Chipset driver
Video driver (depends on which video card)
Audio driver
Network driver (depends on which you have)
Modem driver, if you use a dialup modem

Go to the Support page and put in your Service Tag. It should give you the drivers you need. You can download them on any PC and copy onto a USB stick for installation on the 2350.
You only need the applications, if you actually use them (eg, Roxio, Jasc Paintshop, etc).
Then install your antiviral software and get online to the Microsoft Update site for all the patches and updates.
Keep in mind that XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and they stopped releasing security fixes for XP and IE9, more than 1 year ago. So they're both full of security holes and put your personal data at risk.
EDITED

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991601
Relevancy 82.56%

I am constantly having this problem with my laptop As I plug in and unplug my headphones throughout the day I ve noticed that after a couple times the bass gets really quiet and almost completely drops out Since I have some pretty decent audiophile headphones with really great bass it is super annoying and noticeable nbsp One workaround I have discovered is to go to the audio settings either in Windows or the Dell Audio app and switch the Default Format the thing with -bit Hz in it nbsp to something else play some audio then switch it back nbsp A little word on my setup I have the latest drivers from the Dell download page installed I am running Windows -bit with all the updates I have Waves Maxx audio quot enhancements quot disabled My Default Format is usually set to -bit Hz but the problem eventually happens no matter what I set it to The quot headphone size quot option is set to quot Medium quot but as far as I can tell this option does nothing if I do not have Waves Maxx enabled Switching it also does not fix the problem If I play audio using WASAPI this basically means that the music player takes over the sound card completely and bypasses whatever audio processing Windows and the driver has the problem does not happen nbsp How do I fix this problem It s incredibly annoying and most likely has something to do with the audio driver since this does not happen in Linux and it did not happen when I was running Windows either I have tried installing the generic Realtek HD Audio driver both the auto-installing one from Windows Update and the one from the Realtek site but that driver is unusable because it has no way to turn off Waves Maxx and it constantly keeps turning my volume up all the way nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19983045
Relevancy 82.13%

I upgraded my Dell XPS M1530 from Vista Premium x64 to Windows 7 x64. I've got everything working properly, but the USBs do not work. According to Drive Genius & Driver Detective all driver are up to date. Does anyone know where I could find and install the driver for the USBs?
Thanks alot

A:Windows 7 DELL DRIVERS

This is where you should have gone to get all your drivers. No need for third party software to find them.Win7 drivers are not listed for you machine so choose Vista64 in the first drop down menu. From all I have read they should work with no problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272926/windows-7-dell-drivers/
Relevancy 82.13%

hey everyone, just wondering if i can get some help..

I reformatted my pc using a windows xp disc dell sent me but I need to install drivers. I checked the dell site and found them, but there are quite a few and I'm not too sure which ones i need. I will paste a printout of my system details so you guys can help me..... but I dunno how to find that :P so let me know thanks.

james

A:windows xp dell drivers

exactly which dell computer do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-dell-drivers-273693.html
Relevancy 82.13%

i dont know that i am posting at right place or not. i have very little knowledge in software installing ...now i want to upgrade my windows 7 with windows 8 but i have dell laptop with old drivers of windows 7. so i am confusing that will that same driver work again or i need to have diffrernt driver for windows 8,,,,,.......please help me...and also is it the same process to install the drivers after the installation of the windows 8?
regards

A:help me about the drivers of dell for windows 8

Welcome to EightForums.

Check on Dell web site for Windows 8 drivers for your model.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/14833-help-me-about-drivers-dell-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i have windows 7 now and want to upgrade windows 8 but i am scaring about the problem that may occur after installation so i have some questions please help,,,,seven forum was so active and responding but eight seem quite slow....\
1. what driver is pre exist in windows 8
2. should i install again like webcam driver. blue tooth. and wireless etc?
3. after the installation the driver given in the support site of dell for windows 8 are sufficeint or should i search for any other drivers too.
4.while installing shoud i have to click in upgrade or custom
5.will the drivers of windows 7 work for windows 8 too or they do not work at all and i have to download all new/

please answer me so that i could install and be a known family member of eight forum

regards my amiable friends

A:help me about the drivers for windows 8 for dell 4220

No help ...its sad news for me

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/15237-help-me-about-drivers-windows-8-dell-4220-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I just got a Dell XPS M1710 off of ebay with Windows 7 Professional,
can you guys help me on where to get drivers for it?

A:how to get Windows 7 drivers for Dell XPS M1710

Hi there ... Windows should provide most of the Drivers .. Any that are missing you should be able to get from the Link provided below .. They are Vista Drivers but should work with your os ...
Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/310435-how-get-windows-7-drivers-dell-xps-m1710.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi guys
I own a XPS L702X laptop purchased in 2011. Laptop has driver support from Dell for Win 7 and Win 8.
But windows 8 drivers aren't working with windows 8.1 and i don't think Dell is in the mood to provide drivers for a laptop which is already 2+ years old.
So i had to collect drivers by myself. I have already got most of the native drivers from Intel/nVidia/Realtek websites.
But not able to find the Quickset software. Currently using the one which was released for windows 8, and it gives error when i open the windows mobility center. And after installing, it doesn't remove the "Unknown Device" icon from device manager like it used to do in windows 8 .
Also need "ST Micro Screen Detection Sensor" driver. If i install the old windows 8 driver, it says incompatible with this version of windows.

A:Dell XPS L702X drivers for Windows 8.1 x64

Have you tried installing the non 8.1 drivers in a compatibility mode?

I have an old wireless device (for my recording studio) and the last drivers that were made, before the company went out of business, were for Vista. In both Win 7 64 bit and Win 8/8.1 I have to install the device in Vista compatibility mode, but it works fine after the install.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36528-dell-xps-l702x-drivers-windows-8-1-x64.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Apparently all my drivers work other than the quot Multimedia Audio Controller quot quot 6000 Windows Inspiron Dell 7 drivers for Network Controller quot and Dell Inspiron 6000 drivers for Windows 7 the quot Video Controller quot If anyone knows for sure what site I need to go to get these drivers I would very much so appreciate it if you could kindly share your answer with me I Dell Inspiron 6000 drivers for Windows 7 feel just as upset amp pissed as you were when the person who sold u Win said quot OOOHHH YEAH Windows will work great on your computer with no problems quot so u trust them and then shell out the bucks for the upgrade and now we r sitting here hoping someone knows something about how we can fix the problem we created for trusting some idiot who is laughing at us cuz he had no clue what in the hell he is talking about So hopefully there is a kind soul out there that can help this mad old soul of mine Thank you Rollin

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 drivers for Windows 7

usually the vista drivers will work in compatibility mode. if this isn't the case let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/66385-dell-inspiron-6000-drivers-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Dell site doesn t have the drivers listed for windows just XP and those drivers don t work These are the hardware IDL for what I need drivers for using win video controller PCI VEN amp DEV a needed M140 on drivers XPS 7 for windows Dell amp SUBSYS B amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC network controller PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC base system device number what is this for PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV A PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC base system device number PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC base system device number PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV drivers needed for windows 7 on a Dell XPS M140 amp CC I think you suppose to go to a site in order to identify what drivers i need Just don t know how to do that nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

i want win 10 in my dell N5110, please help me

A:Yes obviously dell should give drivers for N5110 for windows 10

Try it and let us know where you get stuck. There may or may not be a good reason they don't have drivers for it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19674930
Relevancy 79.98%

I have Windows Home Premium x64 installed on my Dell L502X (early 2011 model) Laptop.
I want to install Windows XP Professional x64 SP2 on my other drive for gaming etc (dual boot keeping win 7 also).
I am installing it thru USB pendrive E2B software but during installation it is asking me for SATA drivers .I don't know how to go thru .
HDD - WDC WD7500BPKT-75PK4T0
Motherboard - Dell Inc. 0MY6GN
CPU Name - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
RAM - 6GB
IDE controller -Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

A:SATA Drivers for Windows XP 64-Bit on Dell L502X

I believe you need to have WinXP with SP1 or SP1a on the disc or maybe SP2 to get SATA support, otherwise you'll need the SATA drivers for 64-bit copied onto a USB drive and plugged in then press F6 at the prompt to install SCSI drives from disc. That install screen just was never updated to display other removable devices than a floppy. I've done it with the 32-bit versions of WinXP a number of years ago, never had 64-bit hardware until Vista came out but needed Vista so never installed the 64-bit WinXP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/375148-sata-drivers-windows-xp-64-bit-dell-l502x.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,
With this post I would like to clarify if there is a solution for the USB 3.0 drivers on Windows 10 for my laptop? During the last two years had upgraded my laptop from windows 7, then to windows 8 and 8.1 and at latest to Windows 10. After the first upgrade to windows 10, USB 3.0 ports were working (with some faults, but at least sometimes working). Always were using the USB 3.0 driver from the dell support page for windows 7. Since the newest version of windows 10 is now installed, the driver became not compatible with windows 10. I know, that the technologies are moving always forward, but it is sad that the 4 years laptop may loose such simple funcions, when it is still may cover my needs. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19990822
Relevancy 79.98%

Guys i need all the drivers of windows 7 for my dll studio 1555
my config is: 4gb ram,320gb hdd,256mb ati mobilit radeon hd 4570

A:Windows 7 drivers for Dell Studio 1555

Hi, so why can't you download them from Dell, is there a problem getting them or something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28145-windows-7-drivers-dell-studio-1555-a.html
Relevancy 79.98%

There was a thread on this it is considered closed, however there is no info on where to get the drivers on the thread.. If anyone has a link to get the driver for the Dell N5050 (Wndows XP 32bit) any help will be appreciated..

Thank you..

Drivers still missing are:

Dell Wireless 1701 Bluetooth.

Network Controller. (I can connect my Ethernet cable to laptop and get internet yet I still see this item under device manager).

PCI Simple communication Controller

Thank you for helping out.

A:Dell N5050 Drivers for Windows XP 32Bit

As you have found out, Dell doesn't offer drivers for XP, but there is a chance you might find drivers elsewhere. First we need to find out who makes the hardware and their part number for it.

Open Device Manager and double click on the device name for one of the unknown ? or ! devices, then in the Properties display click the Details tab, then choose Hardware Ids in the Property drop down menu.

You should see a text string similar to this: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_75491462&REV_02

The four digit number after PCI\VEN identifies the manufacturer and the four digit number after DEV identifies the device type. The number after SUBSYS is usually specific to the motherboard or card using the device.

Do this for each device that doesn't work, then copy and paste the text strings here so we can help to locate drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-n5050-drivers-for-windows-xp-32bit.1052255/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all
I recently downgraded my dell N5050 to XP and have been struggling with the drivers now ; i tried the post but none served me

please advice me
for now i need

CHIPSET
SOUNDS
VGA
ETHERNET
wirelesss

please your kind help needed
Sourabh ohri

Relevancy 79.98%

ok on my computer my recovery (c drive keeps randomly losing memory.
Ex: i will be finished using my computer so i put it to sleep, come back a couple hours later and the drive has less memory on it. ive also shut down my computer completly and when i cut it back on it will still have less memory than before
i literally have ONE thing downloaded on this comp but it continues to lose memory my the MB.
i have alrdy defraged it twice, and i have to do a disk clean up and delete more things just to keep my computer running

what the duece is going on?

Relevancy 79.98%

Servive tag 6fgvct1

Can anyone kindly direct me to the correct DRIVERS for me? I went to the dell site and cant seem to find the

Network controller
SM Bus controller
Thank you

A:Windows 7 dell laptop..drivers missing

All I am missing now is the network controller driver if anyone can help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-dell-laptop-drivers-missing.1154074/
Relevancy 79.98%

where i can find the drivers for Dell Inspiron 17R N7110 drivers for windows 732 bit ?
I only found them in Dell.com but for 64 bit !

A:Dell Inspiron 17R N7110 drivers for windows 732 bit

How new is the dell? Since its an 17r, it should be 64bit. My 14r is only made in 64bit & I got it over a year ago.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/215301-dell-inspiron-17r-n7110-drivers-windows-732-bit.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hi
i have a Dell N5050 but can't have the drivers for xp
please help me if any one have
Thanx in advance

Relevancy 79.98%

I have DELL OptiplexGX280 A08 running at Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit PC. I know how to install DRIVERS of winXP to win7ult of my DELL OptiplexGX280 A08. But I'm wondering, can I install other, latest, graphic drivers? For example the original driver of my PC is "Graphics Drivers for Intel? 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family". Can I install "Graphics Drivers for Intel? 82945G Express Chipset" ?? Thanks in advance!

Btw, I have a problem too. I can't find the driver for my Audio in my PC. I tried going to device manager to see it's HARDWARE ID but there's no "audio" related to that were shown in device manager. Also tried DXDIAG. Can someone help me? THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCE

A:How to install DRIVERS of DELL OptiplexGX280 A08 in Windows 7 [HELP]

In ref to the video, you need the Graphics drivers for your specific hardware. Go to Intel | Data Center Solutions, IOT, and PC Innovation and install and run the auto updater. It will scan your PC and list any available Intel driver.

For the Sound, Dell does not support anything later than XP on this model, and you will need Dell drivers due to their proprietary hardware. The sound is Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio. Best suggestion I can give you for sound is to install a PCI sound card and use that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397806-how-install-drivers-dell-optiplexgx280-a08-windows-7-help.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I just got a Dell Latitude E6400 with Windows XP Professional but the drivers will not install and I don't know where to find them or which ones I need. My service tag is: 6J3FVL1. If anyone can point me in the right directions that woul help tremendously.

A:Help with drivers for Dell Latitude E6400 with Windows XP Pro

I've renamed your thread to help those viewing the forum to provide better feedback.

Head to dell.com or dell.co.uk (depending on your region) and go to support, then enter your service tag, then select the drivers required listed for Windows XP.

Generally speaking you will want chipset, Wireless, LAN, sound, and video, as well as additional drivers for Dell keyboard shortcuts and such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-drivers-for-dell-latitude-e6400-with-windows-xp-pro.184525/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all,

So long story short I purchased an hp dv7 about 4 years ago and the hard drive crashed the other day. I purchased a new hard drive and installed Windows. However after the installation was finished I found myself at my desk to with no drivers or ability to connect to the Internet

I have the disk provided by hp when I first purchased the laptop that contains the drivers, but when I go into device manager and direct them to the cd, it says cannot be found. There is also no executable in the files of the cd.

I am running Windows 7 ultimate.

Hopefully someone can help me out!

A:Need help extracting drivers from HP provided disc

One option is to connect to the internet using a wired connection, and then run Windows Update -- it should find the bulk of the drivers required.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/338559-need-help-extracting-drivers-hp-provided-disc.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I installed win7 64bit on my E7240 and looking for a few drivers that doesn't seem to get installed.

i downloaded the drivers from the website and everything works for the most part but there are two remaining items:
- under device manager I still get a few unknown hardware with no driversBluetooth Perifheral Device.
the bluetooth driver is installed and some bluetooth hardware is running.  I can connect my BT mouse fine.

Another issue is the "Fn" keys and onscreen display.  for example when I use the "Fn" key to adjust the brightness or the media playback keys  and sounds there is no on screen display that shows the brightness levels or sound volunme level
anyone know of the links of the driver for the bluetooth device and OSD dislay?

thanks

A:Dell Lattitude E7240 Windows 7 x64 drivers can't seem to find.

Hi Genico, 

Thanks for writing to us. 

Please install the feature enhancement pack for the below link .
Also please right click on the bluetooth option in device manager go to drivers and it should give you description of the device. Provide us the same. 
Have you tried connecting more than one bluetooth devices? If yes, it would have stored the files of all the devices, in which case, you have remove all the items from the added devices and remove all except the one which you want to use. 
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985292
Relevancy 79.12%

not much more to be said i guess.
i have a dell latitude D600, and i need drivers for it, mainly the ethernet (it doesn't work right out the box with windows 7).
any help would be much appriciated. thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude D600 Windows 7 Drivers needed

Quote: Originally Posted by Shazamy13

not much more to be said i guess.
i have a dell latitude D600, and i need drivers for it, mainly the ethernet (it doesn't work right out the box with windows 7).
any help would be much appriciated. thanks in advance

Shazamy

Im assuming you went to support.dell.com and checked. You can use their vista drivers for 32 bit by installing them in compatibiliy mode.

Let us know if that doesn't work

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/31483-dell-latitude-d600-windows-7-drivers-needed.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have had this problem before when installing windows xp on a Dell so I saved my drivers folder to a flash drive to put back in the new drivers folder after re-installing windows but this time it didn't work.

I have tried all my disks and tried to specify the location for my audio drivers but it still shows "no drivers installed for this device" no matter what I do.

Can anyone help me with this?

A:No sound after reinstalling windows on my Dell, drivers not found

You tried installing the drivers from the disks which came with your PC, but have you tried downloading the most recent audio drivers directly from Dell's website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-reinstalling-windows-on-my-dell-drivers-not-found.156036/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi to all I'm drivers Inspiron)? for is 7(Dell windows Which best update program the new to this forum and I need some help I believe Which is the best drivers update program for windows 7(Dell Inspiron)? that you would help me I'have used a tons of drivers update programs but I think that I haven't found the thrue so far I use a Dell Inspiron laptop and I have had a lots of problems with its drivers updates I asked the Dell community forum for help for finding the best drivers update utility for my machine and I got an advice to use the Dell SupportAssist but that program is NOT a drivers update utility So I need an advice from you which program should I use I've been trying to update the drivers with DriverGenius these days but it gives me some errors like quot code quot or quot The server name or address could not be resolved quot and it couldn't update my drivers So please help me There is no matter if the program you would point to me is free or paid p s My os is Win Ultimate bit Thanks to all in advance Best regards

A:Which is the best drivers update program for windows 7(Dell Inspiron)?

Hello Inspiron and welcome to Seven Forums

As you can see in my System Specs I have a DELL Inspiron Laptop and I go to DELL System Detect to find out what is good for my PC. There you can do tests as well.
But you normally don't need to update drivers all the time. Why did you do it in the first place? Did you have problems and you thought you could solve them by changing your drivers ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389090-best-drivers-update-program-windows-7-dell-inspiron.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello.  I have a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop that I am going to reload with Windows 7 Ultimate (not sure if I want to load 32-bit or 64-bit).  I would like to load the correct drivers with it and the correct order as well, especially when dealing with the wireless portion.  Can someone give me the assist ASAP in this matter, as I am trying to reload this laptop for my daughter.  Thank you all in advance!  

A:Need drivers assist with Dell Inspiron N5050 Windows 7

How to:
<<www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130608>>
Drivers:
support.dell.com -- use the service tag to locate them.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981531
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,
I have Dell Optiplex GX260 system. I intalled Windows 7 Ultimate on that. The resolution of screen is fine but it is not supporting 1280 x 1024 resolution and videos are not playing properly. It was not taking audio drivers as well but when I ran the SoundMax drivers for XP in compatibility mode they were installed. But display drivers are not getting installed. I even tried the various driver from Nvidia for XP/Vista/Win 7, but none of them works. Even tried the latets 191 release but no use.
Someone please help me. Suggest me some driver.

A:Diplay drivers for Dell Optiplex GX260 for Windows 7

Try to install this, in XP compatibility mode if normal way fails.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cat=sup&k=gx260&rpp=12&p=1&subcat=dyd&rf=all&nk=f&sort=K&nf=19019~7~141 294&navla=19019~7~141294&ira=False&spf=OptiPlex&ssysid=PLX_PNT_P4_GX260&ssysn=GX260&~srd=False&ipsys =False&advsrch=False&~ck=anav
ATI 32MB Radeon 7500, v. 7.70.9-02604a, A02

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/33720-diplay-drivers-dell-optiplex-gx260-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I just bought an ASUS Ultrabook with Windows 8 64bit OS and cannot find a driver for my Dell v310 Wireless All-in-One printer that is compatible with Win 8. Does anyone know where I can find a driver that will work? I am printerless right now. Thanks!

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3981 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, 1798 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 190775 MB, Free - 157775 MB; D: Total - 264644 MB, Free - 264520 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., S400CA
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

I'm new here and not able to pm yet. I saw a closed thread about this same issue. I have software that only runs on Windows XP. My Dell Inspiron N5050 has Windows 7 on it. I need the drivers for Window XP and any other information you think would be helpful I'd appreciate. I've never changed platforms on a computer before. Thanks in advance!

kronkcarr aka Beth Carr
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise N, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4004 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1810 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461837 MB, Free - 328734 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 01HXXJ
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

A:Dell Laptop Studio 1458 - Need Windows 7 Drivers 32 BIT

Quote: Originally Posted by sunandoghosh

Hi Everybody,
Pls advise me as I am really having tough time.
I have got Laptop Dell Studio 1458 which came installed with Windows 7 64 bit edition.
Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 32 bit OS of my own.
However I am unable to find Windows 7 32 bit edition compatible Drivers for Ethernet etc for my dell laptop.
Pls let me know how or from where can i download 32 bit windows 7 compatible dell drivers.
This is really urgent as I am unable to use ethernet ports on my computer.
Looking forward for guidance.
Pls advise. The below devices are not getting recognized its really urgent.

dell doesnt support 32 bit for that computer. why did you change from 64bit to 32?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172796-dell-laptop-studio-1458-need-windows-7-drivers-32-bit.html
Relevancy 79.12%

When you install XP, does it detect your motherboard and install appropriate drivers, or does it come equipped with a generic driver that works on all motherboards?

The reason I'm asking: I'm upgrading to a new computer, but I'd like to continue to use my old hard drive. The problem is that I can't boot to it since it's using the motherboard drivers from the old computer. Is it possible to revert to the default drivers, switch computers, and install the new ones? Could I boot in safe mode and install them, or would they not overwrite the old ones? I know I could just reinstall Windows, but that would mean clearing out the registry, and I really don't want to reinstall all of my programs, let alone lose all of my settings.

Please help!

Relevancy 79.12%

I had to reinstall windows Vista Business on an Acer Aspire AX1200-U1640A 2GB install went well but when I tried to set up my internet, wireless did not show, I called my internet provider we tried to set it up as broadband but that didn't work either. It seems I do not have the drivers for the Ethernet Controller and other things listed under other devices see pictures in attached document. Since I do not have the internet on that computer, I downloaded the Ethernet driver from Acer to a jump drive but I cannot get it to work. Please advise for all "other devices" with the same problem. Oh, yes the Ethernet cord is plugged in and my laptop has wifi. Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

Hi go to acer support page and download and install the chipset driver then try the lan driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-reinstall-other-devices-locked-no-drivers-cannot-load-drivers-1002834.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,
I came across an issue that I find confusing. Whilst trying to install a software to run a mobile USB flash modem, the software pops this message:

your current device installation settings is configured to prefer drivers from Windows Update over locally installed
drivers. This can cause Unlimited data Manager not to work correctly.

do you want to change the settings to prefer locally installed drivers over Windows Update?

What does it imply if I change my settings to prefer locally installed drivers over windows update drivers?
And can this action be undone and where/how? (I searched my machine but didn't find where this option is)

Thank you for reading

A:Device Installation Settings, windows update drivers VS locally installed drivers

Control Panel (icon view)>System>Advanced System Settings>Hardware Tab>Device Installation Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-installation-settings-windows-update-drivers-vs-locally-installed-drivers.924755/
Relevancy 78.69%

Yesterday I had the Windows defender virus on my Desktop computer I read things online and most places were saying to use rKill ComboFix and Malwarebytes So etc. Windows Had no drivers, the Defender audio Network virus. drivers, Now I followed everything and then the virus was removed I believe Less than an hour later a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. friend of mine went to a website which I believe got me a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. virus Ever since then when my computer boots up the task bar at the bottom of the screen is grey and plain looks like a task bar from Windows XP maybe it says that my Audio service is not running and I do not even have the bars that show my Wifi signal I'm assuming that I am missing the driver now I do not know if ComboFix is what did this or if I have another virus but I have become so frustrated with this that I figured I would ask for help I'm running a Gateway DX Windows and a wireless internet card If ANY other information is needed then I will be more than happy to give it

A:Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc.

Welcome aboard  Since you ran Combofix on your own... Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506483/had-the-windows-defender-virus-now-no-network-drivers-audio-drivers-etc/
Relevancy 78.69%

I contacted SONY and they told me that they did not have the drivers for this Hardware. They told me I needed a WINDOWS driver. My operating system is Windows 98. Help

A:Not Going to Sleep Until Find Drivers..Need Windows Drivers SONY CD-R/RW CRX140E

You already posted this same question in hardware.
Keep it to one thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-going-to-sleep-until-find-drivers-need-windows-drivers-sony-cd-r-rw-crx140e.333488/
Relevancy 78.69%

To my knowledge, when an OS such as Windows 8.1 is booted, all firmware/bios drivers are replaced by more appropriate OS drivers in the boot drive during start up. I learnt this happens for the latest versions of Windows. Am I right? Do all bios drivers get replaced? Does this happen with the latest versions of OS X as well?

If this is so, then you can discard firmware as suspected of causing problems on a computer that's already booted up. Unless there's a problem that's causing a driver to remain in RAM after boot.

A:Does firmware drivers get completely replaced by OS drivers after boot in OS X and Windows?

No...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-firmware-drivers-get-completely-replaced-by-os-drivers-after-boot-in-os-x-and-windows.217874/
Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings This is a general question for a fresh install of Windows on a computer Let's say we just completed the installation and we open up Device Manager we haven't used Windows Update yet Device Manager shows us that there are - let's say quot quot - devices that do not have drivers installed for them If we visit the computer manufacturers website though they'll have - let's say quot quot Windows Installed OEM - General Website Drivers Question Vs Drivers - different drivers to download If we only install the quot quot drivers for the devices that Windows couldn't find drivers for are we hurting our computing performance by not installing the other quot quot drivers that were available on the manufacturers website This is just good to know in general because I've faced this situation with every install of Windows since I began computing General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers with Windows But the reason I'm asking now is because the nincompoops at Acer - despite me entering my serial number - still offer me every possible driver for my model including drivers for hardware that's not in my computer Windows - of course - can't identify the hardware so I'm ready to rip out the last little bit of hair on my head Thanks

A:General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers

Some manufacturers offer an utility that helps you identify what stuff you have in the laptop, I think Acer did.
You can also try the hardware-detection program this forum has, this tutorial

Also check the driver version, as some manufacturer list multiple driver versions and you only need the latest (usually, otherwise take the last version that works).

Also, installers of these drivers usually look up the hardware IDs of the hardware and if they don't detect anything that could benefit from them will abort installation. Some instead install anyway and you will have some drivers you won't need, but won't cause any issue as again Win7 knows that they don't match any hardware ID, and will leave them alone.

So, you may have noticed that I am talking of Hardware IDs, that are basically each device's own "calling card" integrated in each device, you can identify the hardware by looking up its hardware ID and then searching it on Google to convert that code into a human-readable device model and brand.

Open device manager, right-click on an unknown device, click on "properties", then go in the "details" tab of its properties panel from Device Manager, click on the drop-down menu and select "Hardware IDs". right-click on the codes you get on the text panel below it and select copy, then search the code on Google to identify the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/294054-general-question-windows-installed-drivers-vs-oem-website-drivers.html
Relevancy 78.69%

My Dell XPS L502x is 14 months old (i7, 8GB, 689GB HDD, HM77, Nvidia 540M GT). I have installed all latest drivers for my laptop from Dell website. But those are still more than 6 months old. When I use Intel Driver update utility, it shows new version of drivers available. Even my nvidia control panel shows new driver available.
Is it Okay to update drivers from intel and nvidia website and replace drivers from Dell. I heard that Dell mods the drivers for thier laptops before supplying to thier users.

A:Should I update my stock Dell Drivers to Intel Drivers.

S"hould you", that is up to you, but the Intel drivers are the best for your computer. If you decide to change your drivers, start with a system restore point.
If you are not having specific problems, you probably will not notice any improvement however.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/323632-should-i-update-my-stock-dell-drivers-intel-drivers.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I m having a lot of trouble using my laptop since win upgrade The drivers are really very old seems like win drivers have been used especially the BIOS driver which dates back to The boot time has increased alot from seconds to approx seconds Also the Dell logo shows twice once the regular one and one more in which the rotating dots are very slow I ve contacted Microsoft support for the same After diagnosis they said it was a driver issue nbsp Also I ve contacted the DELL support as well but I got the answer as quot Sorry sir your warranty period is over and hence we cannot for 10. Dell Obsolete of windows drivers Inspiron laptop 3537 15 resolve this issue quot I would appreciate the driver updates from DELL software community And also to keep providing updates Obsolete drivers of Dell Inspiron 15 3537 laptop for windows 10. for the laptops series which have closed This is a common problem with DELL stopping software updates for old laptop series Any help regarding the above issue are welcome Thank you in advance

A:Obsolete drivers of Dell Inspiron 15 3537 laptop for windows 10.

vishal1325,
Unfortunately, I cannot say when or if the Windows 10 drivers for the Inspiron 3537 will be updated. However, you may want to istall a fresh Windows 10 upgrade  on your computer. You will need to install the original installed OS on your computer and then upgrade to Windows 10.  I have included some links to help you if you choose to do so.
Troubleshooting Slow System Performance
Inspiron 3537 Drivers and Downloads
Windows 10 upgrade
All recovery images contain the version of Windows that shipped with your system. If you upgraded to Windows 10, you will need to reinstall your original version and then re-upgrade to Windows 10.
Windows Media Backup 
Reset or reinstall Windows 10 on your Dell computer

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986818
Relevancy 78.26%

I've browsed several forums with this issue, and cannot get a fix.

I upgraded a Dell Inspiron 1545 from Vista 64 to 7 64. Everything went off without a hitch (boy was I surprised).
Now that I have it all up and running, I cannot get my webcam working.

I have attempted to install the drivers off the Dell CD that came with the laptop. These are Vista 64 drivers, and they don't work. I have downloaded the drivers from the dell website - they are the same drivers as the CD.

Someone told me I could 'run the webcam in compatibility mode', but if the computer isn't even recognizing the webcam, how would that work?

Device Manager says the webcam is working properly.

I'm at my wits end with this. I really don't want to have to downgrade to Vista, but it's pretty important that this camera work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Inspiron 1545 upgrade to Windows 7 64, cannot get webcam drivers

Hi,I have been searching around for a solution to your problem. And I found this driver which is an XP driver but it should work.R203385

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371812/dell-inspiron-1545-upgrade-to-windows-7-64-cannot-get-webcam-drivers/
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron at a garage sale It came with a version of Vista that was cluttered up full of viruses and in general full of problems I don t 531 for Windows new Dell Drivers Inspiron XP running Needed install like Vista anyway I generally run Kubuntu or Mint for most of my computing and I have a generic MS Windows XP sp Drivers Needed for Dell Inspiron 531 running Windows XP new install install pack laying around After installing XP I loaded my linux OS s as usual with no problems The problem is with the XP install It appears that Dell in it s wisdom Drivers Needed for Dell Inspiron 531 running Windows XP new install made the Inspiron specifically for Vista and the standard drivers available on Dell s site don t function well with XP can t connect Drivers Needed for Dell Inspiron 531 running Windows XP new install with the Web graphics quot roll-over quot with the bottom showing at the top of the screen and generally don t work well with the onboard graphics card Nvidia GeForce Does anyone know a scource for drivers that will work-around this issue I know that the order the drivers are installed is important so I wiped the drive and made a fresh install of Windows with no changes The system setup is Dell Inspiron with AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor running at Ghz with Gbs memory I am set up for triple boot on two HDDs running Kubuntu and Linux Mint Maya on one gb Hd and Windows XP Home edition Sp on a Gb Hd I ve searched this site and seen mention of a couple of users with XP running on this model but no mention of the preferred drivers Dell has been no help as this is a discontinued model Thanks for any assistance you can give me with this issue capt zero

A:Drivers Needed for Dell Inspiron 531 running Windows XP new install

Hello and There seems to be drivers available for an Inspiron 531 desktop for XP HERE Just choose the operating system by hitting the down arrow.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473733/drivers-needed-for-dell-inspiron-531-running-windows-xp-new-install/
Relevancy 78.26%

I am looking for windows 7 video controller drivers for dell latitude d505. Where can I find them?

A:Windows 7 video controller drivers for dell latitude d505

Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]
There's no support for Windows 7 from Dell. The last OS supported was XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/249851-windows-7-video-controller-drivers-dell-latitude-d505.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i did a clean install for a dell desktop 2400 and i'm having trouble finding the drivers i need. I went to dell.com and the ones i have dl havent fixed the problem.

Is there a site that can diagnose and install drivers that are missing for free?

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All,

I am planning to buy Dell Precision 650/670 with approximately the following configuration:

DELL PRECISON 650
Intel Processor XEON 2.8GHZx2 (Dual)
Intel Motherboard 7505 CHIPSET
2 GB ECC DDR1 RAM
Supported Interfaces : IDE/SATA/SCSI
Harddisk: Optional
Optical : Optional
AGP Graphic Card
300 Watt POWER SUPPLY

I plan to run a server application on these machines, on either Windows 2003 or 2008 Enterprise Server.

I have searched the dell.com website and cannot find any drivers for these models for Windows 2003/2008 operating system.

So I just want to know that are there any working drivers (for all the system components) available for these models for Windows 2003/2008 operating system.

Has anyone been using these systems in a similar setup/environment.

Please share the drivers/links any other performance considerations necessary.

Thanks for your help and guidance.

A:Windows 2003/2008 Server Drivers for Dell Precision 650/670

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Intel®+E7505+Chipset

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/e7505
is this correct??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-2008-server-drivers-for-dell-precision-650-670.935072/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey - I'm working for a language school and responsible for maintaining their XP computers I've had to reinstall the OS on a few machines for 2400/Windows XP of drivers Proper installation Dimension Dell and am having trouble with driver installation All sources tell me that the order of installation is important - however - I've downloaded the appropirate drivers and cannot tell which is which The files have names like R EXE R EXE and do not indicate which is the chipset ethernet etc I would imagine that simply getting the ethernet controller working would be sufficient - a connection to the internet should help to troubleshoot from that point on but so far I've been able to get everything BUT the internet to work Assuming I'd installed the drivers incorrectly I've started over reinstalling the OS but still cannot find a direct answer for the order of driver installation Please do not Proper installation of drivers for Dell Dimension 2400/Windows XP direct me to the Dell website as they do not offer the information I am seeking Thanks in advance

A:Proper installation of drivers for Dell Dimension 2400/Windows XP

and welcome to the Forum

When I download the drivers for a Dell, when I choose to save the file I rename it to Chipset.exe . . Video.exe and so on. That way I know what they are.

You always want to install the Chipset driver first . . the order of the rest do not matter a lot, but Dell does have a reccomendation for that.

You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop and double click to install

On the list of drivers, click on the driver file:

Then be sure the "For Single File Download via Browser is selected and click the Download Now button here:

See this for the order they should be installed:
How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order | Dell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/proper-installation-of-drivers-for-dell-dimension-2400-windows-xp-635786.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

I'm new to 7 and need some help. I've got myself a nice laptop for work and leisure packed with power. The problem is I get program crashes and bsod when I seem to push it a bit (no overheating).

It started with crashes while running benchmark softwares. 3d mark 11 got always stuck at the physx tests. I've installed the latest nvidia 560m drivers (specific for this card) and same issue.

Rebuilt pc once more. Played a bit of leagues of legend (not your tough to run app...) and got random game crashes.

Today and it's a bit why I got the laptop in the first place, I got on Star Wars the Old republic. Looks great with that powerful pc but again I get random app crash (either at launch or in game). And of course sometimes I get the dreaded bsod.

I enclose the folder obtained following the "bsod instruction".

Help me you're my only hope

A:BSOD - brand new laptop rebuilt with provided set of drivers

Hi.

You dont have any minidump in your folder.

Check in C:\Windows find the minidump folder copy paste the most recent minidumps in desktop,zip them and upload them here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202421-bsod-brand-new-laptop-rebuilt-provided-set-drivers.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I am trying to install some widcomm bluetooth drivers but everytime I plug in the usb adapter windows install it's own drivers. I tried manually updating the drivers from device manager but it doesn't allow it.
Is ther a way to stop windows from installing the drivers to begin with?

A:Trying to install widcomm drivers. Getting overrun by windows drivers

First. Do not connect the usb device.

Install the drivers for the device, and only connect the device when either prompted to do so, or after the installation is complete.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-widcomm-drivers-getting-overrun-by-windows-drivers.33611/
Relevancy 77.83%

ok i have a hp pavilition a000 and i need to download drivers and utilities i dont have a cd to do that so what do i do? And also i need local networks connection on my computer and cant get it on their.

A:drivers an utilities

Go to HPs website and enter your complete model #. Select the version of Windows you need drivers for on the next page. Then download the drivers and save them to a flash drive or burn them to a cd on another computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drivers-an-utilities-566084.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I'm wanting to reboot my computer and delete everything on it and start over but my drivers and utilities CD has a giant crack on it. Anyone know if its possible to just download the drivers and utility file or somethin or do I need to buy a new cd.

btw im using a Dell demension desktop.
I'de greatly appreciate any help thanks...
Andrew

Relevancy 77.83%

hi im using Dell studio 1555 laptop...I have the reinstalled the windows Vista recently..n now i need the drivers to be installed.I have downloaded the drivers from DELL SUPPORT by entering my model name..bt my laptop does not support it.Pls tell where can i get the drivers for my laptop..My model is PP39L an im i have installed VIsts hoem premium 32 bit.

A:Drivers n utilities..

Hi your drivers are here http://support.dell.com/support/down...&catid=&impid=
READ THE DRIVER INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS on the page just to the right of the picture of the laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/drivers-n-utilities-474168.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have reinstalled my computer. Then I wanted to use Dell System detect to find and install my drivers, but it is scanning many hours without result. I need to install all my drivers to my computer for right functionality, but I am not able to do it. What can I do with that? Where can be problem? I see this screen for a hours.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19675325
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Dell,
I unable to install windows 7 64bit on my T5810 workstation. whenever i boot from OEM windows dvd the harddrive is not showing. i found the below link of tutorial but i don't have that drivers in my dvds.
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/555/videos~en/documents~esupport-precision-t5810-storage-driver-en-v2.aspx
where can i find this, i don't have my installation disc which comes with the machine.
waiting for you suggestion.
Thanks
Regards
Chimabu

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981828
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Foxconn motherboard INT 916, xp is not recognizing my sound card...it keeps telling me that there is no audio device, no mixer ...I have gone into system...checked and all appears normal and present under sound devices. It was suggested to reinstall the drivers. I have the CD for that but it is coming up as a repair option...I do not believe it is recognizing the sound card.

How can I safely reinstall the motherboard drivers?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1013 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 148684 MB; D: Total - 152625 MB, Free - 107488 MB;
Motherboard: Foxconn, G31MV/G31MV-K
Antivirus: None

Relevancy 76.97%

Hey guys,
I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3537 with 500 gb hard drive capacity, 4 GB RAM, no graphics card and came with UBUNTU as its OS. So I made a clean install of Windows 8.1 pro myself. All the drivers that have been provided by the site installed perfectly, except for the 1705 wireless and bluetooth driver :/ Please help !!It says that the driver isnt for my platform .. wth :@I even tried checking my drivers via Intel and it says that it doesnt recognize my wireless card.

A:Dell Inspiron 3537 , can't install 1705 wireless and bluetooth drivers on Windows 8.1 pro

Dell Wireless 1705 is not an Atheros Card therefore the Intel download centre will say its an unrecognised device. Follow the instructions here and provide the hardware IDs for your wireless card as sometimes the Dell Service Tag gives the wrong drivers:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/
Does it match:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036 PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01 PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028 PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000 PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280
If so try this driver
8.1×86, 8.1×64: http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01839309M/2/Network_Qualcomm_W8.14_X03_A01_WiFi_BT_Setup-858XX_ZPE.exe 10.0.0.278

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19543951
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi We have a large number of our Dell and PC s that are experiencing BSOD No particular pattern Blue Screen shows the error code - x F x DE x all s x Crash Dump - System Information local -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows version Windows Service Pack build Windows dir C WindowsHardware OptiPlex Dell Inc YP JCPU GenuineIntel Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM bytes total --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Crash Dump Analysis-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled Series 4000 BSOD Drivers - 3020 Dell Enterprise 7 Intel - Windows on your computer On Mon GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file C Windows memory dmpThis was probably caused by the following module ntkrpamp exe nt Kei EoiHelper x D Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFFFF CB x x Error UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAPBug check description This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver ntkrpamp exe Google query ntkrpamp exe UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP On Thu GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmpThis was probably caused by the following module igdkmd sys igdkmd xB C Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFFFF DF x x Error UNEXPECTED BSOD Windows 7 Enterprise - Dell 3020 - Intel 4000 Series Drivers KERNEL MODE TRAP Mfile path C Windows system drivers igdkmd sysproduct Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows R company Intel Corporationdescription Intel Graphics Kernel Mode DriverBug check description This indicates that a trap was generated by the Intel CPU and the kernel failed to catch this trap This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver igdkmd sys Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver Intel Corporation Google query Intel Corporation UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP M I have tried to update the bios chipset and latest Intel drivers from Dell On one of the machines I did try the intel drivers with no luck So far I have had to rebuild the machines and hope the issue doesn t return Has anyone experienced this issue Dell warranty support didn t help as we are using enterprise software the official response from the support manager I spoke to was quot We don t fully test Windows Enterprise and we would need to revert back to Windows Professional to see if the issue returns quot - This surprised me and I expressed my concerns and recent nbsp disappointment nbsp in support from Dell We also had the option to pay Dell for their advanced software support team I was surprised as this fault only developed after windows updates day after Thanks Rich

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19678693
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello Everybody I thought I d create an account so that OptiPlex Windows Internal 10 DELL and 760 integrated drivers) 198x (ADI Speakers audio I could share brag about making the internal speaker on the OptiPlex and presumably others work with Windows and likely Windows DELL OptiPlex 760 Internal Speakers and Windows 10 (ADI 198x integrated audio drivers) as well When I upgraded from Windows one of the first things I noticed once I realized it had booted up and I was staring at the desktop and not a splash screen was that the sound wasn t working nbsp There was an installed driver courtesy of Microsoft a generic HD Audio that probably came from Analog Devices themselves nbsp It noticed that there weren t headphones front or speakers back plugged in but not the internal speaker After some unsuccessful fiddling around and searching nbsp I found this post from right around the release of Windows http en community dell com support-forums desktop f t That worked well for Windows using the Vista drivers so I went in search of the Windows drivers which had since been released in the hopes that it d work for Windows or update R http www dell com support home us en Drivers DriversDetails driverId TNR Booyah nbsp I didn t even need to run the installer in compatibility mode

A:DELL OptiPlex 760 Internal Speakers and Windows 10 (ADI 198x integrated audio drivers)

I, too, have an Optiplex 760 made in 2008 that I have updated to Windows 10 Pro.  Since I usually use an external speaker, I didn't notice this issue at first - until I tried the front headphone jack; there was no sound, and plugging in the headphones didn't silence the external speakers.  Eventually, I found the Sound tool in Control panel that lets you choose either the external speaker jack on the back or the front panel headphone jack and the internal speaker.  My current audio driver is the Win10 version, 10.0.10586.0.
What I'd like to clarify is whether you are having to choose which connector to use, as I am, or whether that driver will let you have a speaker plugged into the rear panel jack and still use the front panel headphone jack without having to choose in Control Panel - as it worked in Windows 7.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19652939
Relevancy 76.54%

Just in the process of reinstalling my Win7 OS. I have an ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card and when Windows was installing I noticed that it installed drivers for the graphic card. In my previous install I had the Catalyst Control Centre installed but never ever used it for anything that I know of. So my question is, do I need to install the CCC package from the ATI site or are the windows installed drivers just as good. On a similar tack without starting a new thread. Do I need to reinstall the chipset drivers for my Gigabyte MA770T-UD3 Motherboard or are they still installed?.

A:Windows 7 drivers or ATI graphic card drivers?.

If you have an ATI graphics card/chip...some say that you don't need to install CCC.

I have a history of ATI cards/chipsets and I always install the full package because the card/chip works properly and I don't care about the fact that I don't ever use CCC.

Any drivers installed by Windows by default will work...but for optimum use of the graphics function, you probably need to install the drivers provided by the system or motherboard manufacturer.

Anytime an O/S is reinstalled...all previous system files are flushed.  Of course, a clean install fllushes everything.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529577/windows-7-drivers-or-ati-graphic-card-drivers/
Relevancy 76.54%

I've just updated my Acer Notebook to Windows 7. I've installed all the drivers that Acer supplies for Windows 7.

But what about the drivers that are not supplied? Should I install the ones that Acer supplies for Vista or stick with the 'pre-installed' drivers by Windows 7 ... Everything seems to work with the pre-installed ones.

And how do I check wether or not the Intel Turbo Memory is working correctly?

A:Windows 7-drivers or Vista-drivers by Acer

I can only reply to the first question. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Is what I'd suggest. On the second we'll have to have someone more familiar with intel turbo memory. Try Google I did and found a lot of interesting articles on turbo memory. You can draw your own conclusions as to it's effectiveness. Fabe http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=3009

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34238-windows-7-drivers-vista-drivers-acer.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Lets straight to the point, I have GA-Z77-D3H mobo and just freshly reinstall my Windows 7. Browse through the Gigabyte website and found tons of drivers and utilities to be downloaded and installed. I wonder WHICH drivers and utilities are needed and not junk in other word.

As I know EasyTune is a junk, whatelse? Thank you in advance.

(Please do choose Windows 7 64bit)
Utilities - GIGABYTE - Motherboard - GA-Z77-D3H (rev. 1.1)

Drivers - GIGABYTE - Motherboard - GA-Z77-D3H (rev. 1.1)

A:[QUESTION] Gigabyte Drivers & Utilities

You should install all the available updated drivers.

The utilities as you mentioned, tend to be a bit flaky, so I never install them, especially if I'm unlikely to use them. The only exception to this is the @BIOS utility to update my BIOS - thats is completely rock solid if used correctly

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/286766-question-gigabyte-drivers-utilities.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all Ive had a problem with windows xp the blue screen which meant I have re installed windows on my and Problem Installing Drivers Utilities laptop I have just gone to try and re install the Drivers and Utilities but when I attempt to do this it tells me that Installing Drivers and Utilities Problem Unknown devices detected Would you install the drivers for The the option to select yes or no I have tried both yes and no and the overall result is that as I understand i my network soundcard etc are not installed Could anyone tell me where I go from here please Im getting pretty desperate as I have work deadlines to meet I apologise if I have asked a question that another post already contains an answer for or if I have posted in the wrong place As you may have gathered from the explanation of my problem my knowledge of computers is fairly limited I would be immensely grateful if someone could help me nbsp

A:Installing Drivers and Utilities Problem

Here's a couple links that can help provide general info

Finding and Configuring Device Drivers
How to troubleshoot unknown devices that are listed in Device Manager in Windows XP

My guess is you need start by looking on the Internet at the drivers supplied by the device manufacturer. (See first link above). Go to the mfr website and look for Support and Downloads link on their site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-drivers-and-utilities-problem.103813/
Relevancy 76.11%

I just purchased this 2-in-1 and have noticed several Lenovo-specific drivers and utilities are installed. I cannot seem to find an explanation as to what these are and why I need them. I'm sure this has been asked/answered before, but can someone tell me what these are and why I need them?- Yoga Mode Control- Flight Mode Driver- Lenovo Utility for Win 7 and 10- Customer Engagement Service- Quick Optimizer Windows 10 Thanks! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700-11-SK-Drivers-and-Utilities/td-p/3381028
Relevancy 75.25%

How can I tell if there are any updates available for the Toshiba drivers and utilities that were supplied with my Satellite Pro M PSM Production Date - Jan and that are in the Toolscd folder C Toolscd on my laptop Is there an Update Service that advises you of updates that are available for download I checked the list of downloads available on Download page of the Toshib UK website http uk computers toshiba-europe com cgi-bin ToshibaCSG download drivers bios jsp service UK for the Sat Pro M PSM and compared the version numbers of the downloads versus the version numbers of the same drivers amp utilities in the Toolscd folder C Toolscd on my laptop i e in the TVersion XML files and they are exactly the same even for the drivers and utilities with a quot Date last modified quot of Jan or newer with newest - Aug The only real update that seems to be offered for download is the BIOS Update v -WIN in BIOS Downloads with a quot Date last modified quot of Aug for which there is no equivalent in the Toolscd folder Thank you AlanCB

A:Updates for Drivers & Utilities for Satellite Pro M70 (PSM75)

You could also check this page for any recent updates, if available:

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com (Support & Downloads)

I don't think that there is any tool, which keeps telling you that there are new updates available. For Windows it is crystal clear, that you can use the Windows update function. It has some function implemented that the tools can search for hardware drivers too.
But for the rest, just keep on visiting the above mentioned page from time to time.

Anyway, if your machine is running fine, you won't need any update.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?34947-Updates-for-Drivers-Utilities-for-Satellite-Pro-M70-(PSM75)
Relevancy 75.25%

I want to perform a clean install of my Dell desktop Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit after a trojan attack made my system unstable. Problem is I am not very computer smart. I have two discs, the operating system reinstallation dvd, and drivers and utilities. Do I need the driver/utilities disc? I read online that all the stuff you need is on the reinstallation disc. If so what disc do I put in first? And how would I go about doing a clean install, is it easy ? Thanks for the help in advance.

A:Doing a clean install, do I need drivers & utilities disc?

How did you remove the trojan?
Describe unstable please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/247726-doing-clean-install-do-i-need-drivers-utilities-disc.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Good day I reinstalled XP on my Dell Dimension using the Operating System disk Dell sent me Now I m trying to install the drivers with the Drivers and Utilities disk Dell sent me however nothing happens when I load the CD Other audio CD s load although I don t have Utilities XP, load Reinstalled Drivers disk & won't sound so I m unable to play them but at least they re detected unlike the Drivers and Utilities disk In Device Manager Samsung CD-ROM SC- C is listed There are no red marks or Reinstalled XP, Drivers & Utilities disk won't load other warning signs that indicate something could be wrong The desktop doesn t have Internet yet I know I can go to the Dell site and download the drivers but I m unsure which drivers to download as some of the drivers say recommended and others say optional Also I need to know the exact order to install the drivers if I choose to go this route however I would really like to use the disk since I paid for it and I ll install the right drivers for sure if I use the disk Dell support wants to charge to help me since my warranty expired Why was I able to install the operating system using a disk and I m not able to install the drivers and utilities with a disk What can I do so the CD will install the drivers Note I first installed a new hard drive because I had a virus then I reinstalled XP Thank you in advance for your help

A:Reinstalled XP, Drivers & Utilities disk won't load

Can you try it in another computer??? I would venture to say you recieved a bum disk and if that is the case they should replace it for free. if you go to the down load section and use your service tag it should bring up the drivers for your system. If there are optional ones ignore them at first. I always install the chipset drivers first and reboot. Then I install the rest of the drivers in one big batch before rebooting. After that don't forget to do your windows updates which will take a while.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480771/reinstalled-xp-drivers-utilities-disk-wont-load/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I have an Asus M Cd which was working fine However like many others I was plagued with Win enforced updates messing up my system e g removing printer drivers not being able to rename folders etc Eventually after my th System Restore I decided to downgrade to Win where everything works fine except some drivers are flagged under Other Devices Checked Windows finding 10 to downgrade Need help from 8.1 after drivers Win Update Asus support No luck Need help finding drivers after downgrade from Win 10 to 8.1 How do I find drivers for each of these devices Network Controller PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B A amp REV PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B A PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp CC PCI Memory Controller PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS PCI Need help finding drivers after downgrade from Win 10 to 8.1 VEN amp DEV A amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV A amp CC PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A A PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV A A amp CC SM Bus Controller PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS PCI VEN amp DEV A amp CC C PCI VEN amp DEV A amp CC C Thanks

A:Need help finding drivers after downgrade from Win 10 to 8.1

For your network controller go here. Click on the hard drive icon, not the green download button. Provide a junk email address. I am not sure this driver will work but it does have the same vendor and device ID according to driveridentifier which I have used before.  This is a Realtek 8821AE AC chipset and is not available on Realtek's site for some reason.

If this gives you internet then go here and download intel's utility to get your other drivers. The other drivers are intel as the Vendor ID is 8086.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605918/need-help-finding-drivers-after-downgrade-from-win-10-to-81/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A100 laptop that came loaded with Windows Vista but need to downgrade to XP so I can work from home. I took it to a reliable tech support place but they advised me they weren't able to find the necessary drivers. I spoke with Toshiba tech but they don't have the drivers but did say the downgrade was possible provided I found the drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to work from home and won't be able to until this problem is resolved.

Relevancy 74.39%

I m not talking about XP right here just the drivers needed when I revert Needed...For Downgrade XP ...Drivers back here s some of my systems specs Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Celeron D kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache ...Drivers Needed...For XP Downgrade Board ELITEGROUP GCT-M Serial Number G Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space TSSTcorp CD DVDW TS-H D ATA Device CD-ROM drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic USB SM Reader ...Drivers Needed...For XP Downgrade USB Device Hard drive -- drive WDC WD JS- NCB Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WCANMA rev E SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS ...Drivers Needed...For XP Downgrade on drive GB GB free Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller x ATA Channel Controller x Intel R G ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF Intel R GB GR GH ICH Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - C Intel R G Express Chipset Family Display adapter EMA E T W Monitor quot vis s n N C February Bus Adapters Multimedia Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CA Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CB Intel R G ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - CC Realtek High Definition Audio Communications Other Devices PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP isatap VAIO Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Server Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse Multimedia Card Reader USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy If anyone who knows anything about drivers could help by linking the ones I need to download because I need them for XP would be a great help nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

So my father had mentioned that he hated and wanted back So from need HP 8. drivers, with help downgrade graphics I I did a clean install of PRO Of course his laptop was built with pro installed so the drivers have been a pain to find and download I managed to get the main drivers installed LAN Wireless USB but when I went to download a graphics card it only showed a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter The resolution of the laptop was HD before the downgrade but not looks absolutely terrible I can't even find what type of card I have Intel Radeon AMD What can I do to fix it My laptop specs I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8. are Model HP -f wm GB My Hardware ID's are PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS DE I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8. C amp REV E PCI VEN amp DEV F amp SUBSYS DE C PCI VEN amp DEV F amp CC PCI I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8. VEN amp DEV F amp CC I have a feeling this may be a fruitless venture but any and all help is appreciated Thank you all in advance

A:I need help with HP graphics drivers, downgrade from 8.

It is Intel Iris Pro 5200. See https://downloadcenter.intel.com/sea...=iris+pro+5200

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/374046-i-need-help-hp-graphics-drivers-downgrade-8-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I fjust found a set of 3 of these disks from an M6400 I bought last year as I went to recycle the box. On my other 2 M6400's I've used the Dell site to get drivers etc without any problems. I have another m6400 I'm just setting up and wonder if I should bother trying these disks since they are old. 3 disks all read: Contents: Device Drivers, Diagnostics & Utilities.
Reads P/N P3F76 Rev A05 May 2010,  Supports M2400, M4400, M6400 & M6500.
OS Systems Supported: XP, Vista, Windows 7.
I'm guessing I don't need them? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985532
Relevancy 73.53%

I've done pretty well and found most of my drivers. I stumbled on this site and it was a HUGE help. However I can't seem to get the last couple. Here is my EVEREST report. Can someone help me locate the last few audio and mass storage controllers,

Sean

A:Drivers Needed For Vista to XP Downgrade

Can Microsoft Update not find them for you?
It's normally the first thing I try on a new install, providing the NIC and VGA drivers are found by XP.

In IE, go to Tools > Windows Update.
When the Windows Update pages, there should be a link to Microsoft Updates. Do a Custom install and all the software available will be displayed, including Critical Updates, Software Updates and Hardware.

It's just something to try if you haven't tried all ready.

The next stage is the manufacturers website.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drivers-needed-for-vista-to-xp-downgrade-227953.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I downgraded from vista to xp. I went to ACER support website and downloaded the drivers for my model of laptop. I had to go and load the drivers manually from the device manager. one by one. But some did not take. My Video Driver did not want to work. Instead of a question mark I got a little exclamation mark. My wireless driver is the one I care about the most. My LAN works as you can tell but having a laptop being connected to a cable kinda suck. So if the is any kind of resouces that you would want to share that would be great.

A:Cant load drivers on XP, Downgrade from Vista

What is your video card, and what is your wireless device manufacturer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301116/cant-load-drivers-on-xp-downgrade-from-vista/
Relevancy 73.53%

Acer AST -UA B AMD Athlon GHz Socket AM MB DDR SDRAM Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic now replaced w XP Home GB Serial ATA DVD RW Dual Layer Integrated Network Card Ethernet Fast Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet etc I posted here in February about a downgrade from Vista Home Basic to XP Home and received good information on finding the necessary drivers at the Acer website I got XP on the Acer up and running Internet access etc all appeared fine I am now adding speakers and unable to get sound I viewed Device Manager and found to my surprise that I ve got question marks next to Display Adapter gt Video Controller and Other Devices gt PCI Device Interestingly Sound Video and Game Controllers appears normal in Device Manager but no sound card appears in the list interesting since it 'Downgrade' XP not installing drivers Solved: is lack of sound that prompted me to check Solved: XP 'Downgrade' drivers not installing in the first place Drilling down further in Device Manager at the two question marks Display Adapter and PCI Device reveals the same message Device Unknown and Device Driver not installed As to the sound card I went to Control Panel and opened up Sounds and Audio Devices only to see the message No Audio Device I ve re-downloaded the XP device drivers for these items from the Acer site run the executables but to no avail There are Solved: XP 'Downgrade' drivers not installing no error messages when I run the programs but no evidence Solved: XP 'Downgrade' drivers not installing that they are installing either I also tried installing the drivers from Device Manager but with the same results I hope I m doing something obviously wrong that will jump out at one of you All advice on this issue will be gladly received nbsp