Windows Support Forum

Stuck at login

Q: Stuck at login

My buddie cannot get into his win8 system he is stuck at login asking him for a password, he has never passworded the computer.  This has been going on for days he is at the point on restoring the OS but he cannot figure out how.  Win 8 only lets you restore once you are into the system, any ideas greatly appreciated.

Phil

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stuck at login

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 56.76%

running windows 10 version 1607,anyways windows did its regular update thing and when it was done now i cant login. i enter my password and its welcome and then just goes right back to the lock screen. please help. cant find anything relevant online so far. sony vaio pc.

A:cant login after recent windows update, stuck at login screen

Hi ! Did you create a system repair CD or a system recovery drive?? Here are the ways that you can recover. My first choice would be to restore to a time before the update with a restore point! Read this by HTG! How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...covery-options
PS! Using a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc
A recovery drive will normally not be necessary. If your computer fails to boot several times, Windows 8 or 10 will automatically bring up the advanced startup options, which allows you to troubleshoot and fix it.
If Windows can?t even bring up these tools, you?ll need the recovery drive, system repair disc, or a Windows 8 or 10 installation disc. Insert the recovery media into your computer and restart. Your computer should boot from the recovery media automatically. (If it doesn?t, you may need to change its boot order.)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441980-cant-login-after-recent-windows-update-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So i've owned my computer a dell XPS L502x with a i7 intel core for more than a year now and this week my computer decided it wouldn't boot anymore, I can't even start it in Safe mode or last known good. It loads the beginning part but it started bringing up this "windows is loading files" bar which wasn't there before, then it will get stuck in the login screen with no option to login but i can move the mouse around. Is there anything I can do?

A:W7 stuck in login with no login option

Doesn't pressing the F8 key give you a screen the mentions "Repair your computer"? I would try that.

If you have any kind of bootable Windows media (such as a WinXP Installation disk), boot to Recovery Console and at the DOS prompt type "chkdsk /r". It's possible HD errors are preventing the boot to complete, and running chkdsk may fix those errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/w7-stuck-in-login-with-no-login-option-673527.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Because I like to have several computers, I bought another one off Craigslist. When I boot it up, though, I get a message at a Welcome screen that says "USER" and "After you log on you add or change accounts. Just go to Control Panel and Click User Accounts". When I click on the "USER" I keep getting the same message. It doesn't ever go to Windows. I don't have a log-in or password and I contacted the guy I bought the computer from, he's not replying to my e-mails. Is there some way to bypass this? Also, he didn't give me any CDs (e.g. Restore CD, etc.). I'm starting to worry that I got screwed out of this. He said there was nothing on the computer except Windows (hence no illegal software, etc.) but is the copy of Windows on this computer even legal then? I just bought the computer as-is ...

A:Can't get into Windows - stuck at Login

When buying a used computer, you should always go into the situation thinking you will reformat the drive.

Try booting into safe mode by pressing F8 as the PC starts, and try logging in with the Administrator account. If you get in, create a new user for yourself.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-into-windows-stuck-at-login-80204.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My friend fixed my laptop for me and now it's stuck with 'admin' login - no other option. when i click to change password it says I have no drive. PLEASE HELP! 

A:MY HP 655 IS STUCK WITH ADMIN LOGIN

kborella Sorry, but forum policy prevents us from telling you how to bypass the Admin login to get into your PC. At this point, you need to take the PC back to your "friend" , have them disable the default Admin login, and if they can not restore your original login, create a new one for you, using a default password (like "password"), which you then change to a real password when you get it back home and login to it again. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/MY-HP-655-IS-STUCK-WITH-ADMIN-LOGIN/td-p/5590993
Relevancy 48.59%

I remember my password, but for some reason it says it's incorrect. I also cannnot enter Safe Mode properly. Please help

A:I'm stuck at the login screen.

Are you trying to login to safe mode with the account named Administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-stuck-at-the-login-screen.483941/
Relevancy 48.59%

hy everyone, i just joined this forum in case you could help me with my problem in windows 7. i had this issue about 2 days ago, had been searching and browsing for solutions but nothing worked. here is may problem :

my windows keeps rolling back to login screen everytime i enter my account. i tried to boot from safe mode using the same account and it worked, activated Administrator account using command prompt (net users administrator \active:yes), went to "msconfig" and choosed selective start up and services. back to normal boot, the problem happened again and again. i logged in using administrator account but some of my program didn't work well (especially the latest CX-One V.9.1 Omron PLC programmer, i got this one way install full version from the distributor)

please help me activate my original account

best regards
boysandra

A:stuck on login screen

Hello boysandra, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to fix this for you without having to do anything else.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296978-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright, here's my problem: for about the past week, my friend says that his computer's been running a little slow, and he's been having problems restarting, probably due to spyware.

Just today, we restarted it, and we are able to log on, but then, when it shows the initial desktop, it gets stuck loading forever.
I'm just wondering, is there anything I can do short of a repartition? There's about four years worth of files on the computer that my friend would rather not lose.
Thanks!

A:XP opens, stuck after login

see if it loads in safemode. if you are successful, back up your files immediatley.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-opens-stuck-after-login-317388.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay, so yesterday I added a login password to the main (and only) user account. This was because while I was in the shower, I had a Adaware scan running and didn't want anyone to mess with the comp. So, the computer was locked at the login screen.

After I got out, I logged back in and removed this password. I also removed the welcome screen option at the Control Panel. For the rest of the day, I did the usual browsing and listening to music. However, when I woke up today, the computer was stuck at the login screen.

... I have no clue what happened and what to do. I tried re-entering the password from yesterday, but to no avail. All of my family members have said nobody has touched the computer.

Is there any way I can override this login screen? Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

Two days ago my computer started laggin really bad so I ran a virus scan(we have 5 teenage boys that download games ALOT). In the middle of the scan the computer locks up. I rebooted in safe mode but it will not get past the log in screen. It starts loading....blinks the safe mode black and white screen and then goes to the windows login screen. If you try to log in it says it is "loading your settings" then states "saving your settings" and will not advance past that. When I try to reboot it just does the same thing. It will not let me into the safe mode or out of safe mode. How do I get past this to fix it.....

A:Stuck at login screen

On boot, where you hit F8 to access Safe Mode (Assuming you did and the machine didn't do that for you!) - Hit the F8 key and select "Last Known Good Configuration"

Try that and Post back your results!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-364003.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My mother is a JROTC teacher and the Army sent new laptops to all instructors. The laptop keeps locking up and not taking the password they gave us to use. How do I get in to use the laptop?

A:stuck on the login screen

Welcome to TSF

Unfortunately for you, the forum does not assist in bypassing passwords. Please contact the Army for assistance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-the-login-screen-502954.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hopefully this will be a super easy fix.

I just bought a hp mini 311 netbook. The user login screen shows only one icon for a user account. Even though that account always had the word "locked" under it, it would always open up when clicked on. Now it will not. I've had the computer only about a day now.

So I'm stuck at the login screen. Is there a way to create a new account from this screen? Other thoughts.

Thanks,
Ryan.

A:Stuck at login screen.

Hello Ryan !! Welcome to Seven Forums !!

Follow this link Safe Mode and log on to the Safe Mode there you might find an Administrator account.Login to that account and create a new Administrator. Then reboot the System normally.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91782-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I've Got Win bit running on my new comp It's a clean installation only games and a Antivirus Bitdefender installed system is up to date Bios and graph card are up to date up since a week or Everything worked fine till yesterday After playing I shutted down my computer but later in the evening I wanted to check something on the internet and he stucked on the logonscreen He's says my PwD is wrong but I'm sure it is not I check if the Keyboard wasn't in an other language but he doesn't tried through the utilman to type my pwd but that doesn't respond neither does the shutdownbutton login on Stuck screen. reboot or hibernate doesn't respond also What didn't work - Hard reboot and reset Stuck on login screen. - Reboot without additionnal drives only mouse and keyboard - Tried the Stuck on login screen. 'utilman workaround' - When i go into safe mode automaticaly he's trying to repair I cant pass through that he finds something on the 'ntoskernel exe' repairs it and reboots - With the Win DvD I can access a cmd prompt but I can't acces my C drive strangly i find my configuration on a 'D' Drive - I haven't a restore Point neither an image Before I reinstall and that would be my very last option because I want to know the cause of it so i can try to solve it do you have any other ideas Config Asus P P D I CPU Radeon HD G skill Falcon II Go SSD GB Corsair TR X G C D Thx for your help

A:Stuck on login screen.

Welcome!

First, just confirm that your caps lock key is off.

You can also try changing your password via this method: User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73014-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

It loads up normally, my avatar pops up with my name, I insert my password..

'Welcome *blue circle*'
*5-10 minutes later*
Desktop appears.

I have no idea whats causing it though it started after I had to shut-down my computer using the power button.

I've checked Event Viewer and these are the 5 errors that came up while stuck on the Welcome Screen.

-The AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner service hung on starting
-A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.
-The event logging service encountered an error (res=1117) while initializing logging resources for channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-WHEA.
-Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.
-Audit events have been dropped by the transport. The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown. (the first error and the cause perhaps?)

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Stuck on 'Welcome' screen for at least 5 minutes before login.

For starters I would uninstall AVG Free8 .

But download one of the other free AV programs so you can install when you get your machine cleaned up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-welcome-screen-for-at-least-5-minutes-before-login.836312/
Relevancy 48.16%

Sorry to disturb.

May I know what the problem during the time I'm trying to install Windows 7 and it just stuck at the login screen background without any changed after 30 minutes?

I have try to adjust the BIOS to Native IDE, RAID and ACHI. But nothing was changed.

I still could find any solution after I reading some of the thread.

Hopefully I could get any solution here.

A:Stuck during login screen background

Where did you get Win7? If you burned the DVD yourself, burn another at 4x speed using ImgBurn.

Try install from a USB flash stick. Best method is to install UltraISO trial, on File tab open ISO, on Bootable tab write Disk Image, Format, Write.

Unnplug all other HD's and peripherals. Boot DVD, wipe the target HD: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Then choose Custom Install, use Drive Options to partition and format before install.

If further fails, test your RAM using memtest86 CD for 5-6 passes. Then test your HD using maker's diag/repair full CD scan: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Check for latest BIOS version update. If current, reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131850-stuck-during-login-screen-background.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys, sometimes I encounter this problem where I'm stuck on the login screen. It has only happened only after periods of inactivity, never at startup. My laptop also never sleeps, as it just turns off the monitor and gets locked. I would type my password and press enter and the loop thing would just keep on looping. I have to turn off the power button to restart it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56286-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone.

I am running windows xp pro on a dell latitude d410, and have a problem. It is similar to a previous post, which was not answered.

Okay, so I went into msconfig and selected safe mode under boot.ini. Now my computer starts in safe mode, but windows doesn't recognize my regular username and pw! (admin doesn't work either) I believe the problem comes from the fact that I cannot select a domain to log into. So when I restart windows, I hold F5 to select start up modes. I've tried normal mode, and every other mode, but it still starts in safemode. Needless to say, I can't get into windows to uncheck the safemode option under boot.ini.

Does anyone have any advice? Besides reformatting? Maybe a way to access boot.ini without logging into windows?

Thanks,

Albert

A:stuck in safe mode, cannot login

U have to use a boot cd to access the User Accounts and modify the Boot.ini

http://www.softlookup.com/display.asp?id=10071

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-cannot-login.593520/
Relevancy 48.16%

My brand new Acer Aspire E15 was doing fine, but after a windows update the keyboard stopped working (Error number -19). I could login normally by using the on-screen keyboard. But the keyboard didn't work either when booted into windows, it was very annoying to use the on-screen keyboard all the time, so I wanted to fix the problem, to fix the keyboard error I decided to boot into safe mode. But now my trackpad stopped working too! Which means I can't select the on-screen keyboard at the login screen to type my password, and I can't type my password with the keyboard. I'm stuck at the login screen now, how can I fix this login problem and my keyboard problem? I don't have a recovery CD / USB and I can't make one because I don't have a CD / DVD right now. I'm typing this from my macbook.

A:Stuck at login screen Windows 8.1

Nevermind, I got it working by pressing Alt + F10 on startup and then refreshing the pc.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68426-stuck-login-screen-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I think I have a virus malware that is preventing me from seeing my desktop after login I can't right click ctrl alt del to see taskbar or anything All I can do is move my mouse and see only my wallpaper - nothing else Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper only) - Malware? (wallpaper login after Stuck SpySweeper exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock SDMCP exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings mocho Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - Stuck after login (wallpaper only) - Malware? D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Stuck after login (wallpaper only) - Malware? Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar PopUpCop - DB E E -FF A- - C E-F A A - C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll O - HKLM Run MOD - quot C Program Files Microangelo muamgr exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp - quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run CTSysVol - quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe quot r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET - quot C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE quot O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet - quot C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe quot r O - HKLM Run UpdReg -C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run ATICCC - quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run SmcService - quot C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe quot -startgui O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX -C WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunOnce Config C Program Files Common Files System ServiceUpd exe O - Extra context menu item PopUpCop Allow images - res C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll allowimages O - Extra context menu item PopUpCop Block images - res C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll blockimages O - Extra context menu item PopUpCop Open In New Window - res C PROGRA PopUpCop PopUpCop dll imagenew O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item... Read more

A:Stuck after login (wallpaper only) - Malware?

Hello larc and welcome to TSF,

I'd like to see a more comprehensive log. Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop.

What DSS will do:create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, and Internet Cache Files, and also empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
check some important areas of your system and produce a report for your analyst to review.
DSS automatically runs HijackThis 1.99.1 for you, but it will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have HijackThis installed.

Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimized
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt in your next reply.
Please attach extra.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

Please include the following in your next reply:

main.txt
an attached extra.txt

**I'll be going offline as it's very late (EST). I'll take a look at your logs tomorrow.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/stuck-after-login-wallpaper-only-malware-165946.html
Relevancy 48.16%

After a user enters password on ccomputer, It never loads the desktop. It gets stuck. Not freezing but just a long load. It never loads the desktop. What should I do?

A:Windows 2000 stuck after login

Do other accounts login ok?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-stuck-after-login.334805/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have tried to help a friend with their laptop. It starts up fine, but once u get to the login screen and click on the user, it says loggin on, then goes to saving settings then logging off. Brings u right back to the login screen.

I have tried safe mode, networking, every thing listed. Nothing. I have even tried to reboot from the start up disk. Won't do it. Keeps going to the login screen. What am I missing? please help. He is working on a Dell Ispirion 9300. XP. thank you

Relevancy 48.16%

I ve been running Windows XP SP for Stuck User screen at Login years Stuck at User Login screen Went back to school and I m taking Japanese When I installed activated the Japanese fonts it asked me to restart the computer I did so and now where previously I would go directly to the desktop I am taken to the User Login screen When I click on my name it moves for a moment and says that it s loading my preferences Then the icon snaps back to its original spot and does nothing If I click it again the exact same thing happens If I try to login in safe mode it does the same thing except I also get the administrator login icon Anyone have any idea why this is doing this and or if there s anything I can do short of reinstalling that will help In looking around the internet I have found two instances where someone has had this same problem but no luck on solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Stuck at User Login screen

When you log into the administrator account, does the same thing happen?

Also, do you have any of the following:
-Windows XP CD
-Recovery CD
-Recovery Partition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-user-login-screen.1071722/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I think I have a Malware infection in my pc xp sp Dell xps model Here's the sequence of events a McAfee scan found a couple files which were then quarentined But suspiciously when the scan Stuck (in screen a at Login loop) was done there were new Internet Explorer sessions open I right-clicked on each IE on the task bar and closed them then rebooted Now I can't get past the login Windows presents the login box I type my username and Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) password my desktop background picture appears then a quot Logging Off quot box appears Stuck at Login screen (in a loop) and I'm back at the log in screen Type username and password quot Logging Off quot back at login screen a terrible loop I've tried booting in Safe Mode plain quot with networking quot and quot with command prompt quot and get the same results - stuck at the login loop I also tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration but got the same results - stuck at login I need to get past this point so I can run diagnostics Thanks in advance for the help

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi.

For several weeks I have been trying to solve a problem on a family members desktop computer.

The scenario is as follows:

User clicks on their profile and their custom background appears. From here, the taskbar and desktop icons do not appear automatically and the user must open task manager and manually launch the process 'explorer.exe' to force the desktop to appear correctly.

The problem occurs with all the profiles on the computer and there is nothing in the event log to suggest that there is a problem.

Could someone help me out?

A:Windows stuck at login screen

Check the Shell value for Winlogon in your registry. Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
should show:

Shell REG_SZ explorer.exe

Or download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

By the way, this is usually a sign of Virus\Malware infection
You are therefore advised to go here, and complete all steps:
Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-stuck-at-login-screen.114251/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey there I'm running Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell and I can't log in to any of my accounts Login/Logoff loop stuck PC in When I click the account it shows the quot Loading your preferences quot and PC stuck in Login/Logoff loop everything flashes the desktop background and immediately returns to the login screen with the quot Logging off quot dialogue I've been reading up on solutions all morning including booting in safe mode still can't log in even as admin returning to the last working configuration to no avail and now I've booted from my install disc and ran the recovery console I've tried getting the correct files from the disc but I'm not sure if I've been doing it correctly despite the console saying file was copied I've tried the following from C Windows System quot copy userinit exe wsaupdater exe quot And then I tried running the full line quot copy c windows system userinit exe c windows system wsaupdater exe quot Every time the computer returned quot file copied quot but when I exit and reboot the login logoff still happens I even tried from the D i directory quot expand userinit ex C Windows System quot and quot expand wsaupdater ex C Windows System quot but I was denied access I know that it's possible to connect to the registry from another PC on the same network but when I try that I get an error asking me to make sure I have the right privileges to access the infected PC I'm logged onto an administrative account on this PC so I'm guessing the security issue is from the PC I can't log in to I have tried every solution I've come across but nothing seems to be working Any help would be great I'm guessing this is from a virus but I came home to this mess after my little brother told me he quot messed up the computer quot so I can't offer any information about what was done before this happened Thanks to anyone willing to help me out this is driving me insane

A:PC stuck in Login/Logoff loop

It may be possible to do so using RDP(Remote Desktop Connection). Its located in Start>Programs>Accessories and sometimes Comunication, but you need to know the computers IP Address to use it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-stuck-in-login-logoff-loop-326891.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello So here's my issue I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error I waited until the loading reached but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding the power button on my case Then it booted up but it got stuck on Stuck at before screen spinning login circle the spinning circle of dots Stuck at spinning circle before login screen I have been able to press CTRL ALT DEL while at the spinning circle which bring me to the login screen but without the box to enter my pin however I am able to access the network ease of access and power options I have tried restarting shutting down and holding shift while restarting in an effort to boot with safe mode but none have gotten me farther than the spinning circle I have searched a lot of forums and many have had similar issues to mine but none of the fixes that were suggested got me anywhere Attached are photos of the different screens I'm seeing which hopefully shed some light on the issue I'm having Thanks

A:Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

Hello and welcome to TenForums

How long did you wait for the spinning circles to complete whatever background tasks were going on? Sometimes it can take a long while if the problem happened when Windows was in the middle of an upgrade when it restarted. Next time just go and have a cup of tea and leave it for say 30 mins.

If that does not work you are going to have to boot from a W10 installation media disk or USB and go into advanced startup options to try and refresh windows.

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10

Refresh Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41324-stuck-spinning-circle-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

A:Stuck in login interface after build update

Originally Posted by Francislaw

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Hi Francislaw and welcome to the Ten forums!

I found some similar behavior on other forums and it looks like disconnecting USB mouse helps.
So, if you have USB mouse connected, disconnect it and then run diagnostic and updates.

Edit: disconnect anything on USB...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

OK so the problem started when I was playing a game and it crashed on a loading screen I then could only boot into windows extremely slowly so I knew something was wrong Since then I have booted into safe mode and done a virus check and it found nothing I had then done a start up repair multiple times and for one reason or another the system would then reboot just as the login screen is loading I have recently de fragmented the drive externally and run a slow disk check which found nothing I've launched start up repair again which says it's unable to fix the problem and I can't boot into safe mode because it'll reboot I on stuck loop login just before 7 reboot Windows should also mention I was having problems with Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login the drive a few weeks ago where I was getting different error messages Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login before Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login booting but I managed to sort that out If a solution can't be found it would be safe to say the drive is failing Here is the bsod when I disabled automatic rebooting along with the startup repair error STOP c e Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning presumably the hard drive Error Status xc Please click ok to shutdown this system and reboot into safe mode check the event log for more detailed information Problem event name startuprepairoffline problem event signature problem event signature problem event signature unknown problem event signature problem event signature autofailover problem event signature problem event signature corruptvolume specs intel dual core msi p neo mobo tb samsung HD gb ram XFX GTS Any help would be seriously appreciated

A:Windows 7 stuck on reboot loop just before login

hi there
can you get into windows to do a disk check ? please read brinks tutorial How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7 >>> Disk Check

another check to do is System File Checker tutorial How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker >>> SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/177124-windows-7-stuck-reboot-loop-just-before-login.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey there new here and need some help Here's what happened I Stuck screen, password disappears at login opened internet explorer and typed in a google search and hit enter and it popped up a new instance of iexplorer instead of just searching in the current window as usual Then links I clicked on opened Stuck at login screen, password disappears new windows which is not Stuck at login screen, password disappears the usual setting When I clicked in the middle of text on a web page it would highlight everything Strange little things like that So I clicked start gt Turn Off gt Restart and nothing happened it just went back to the desktop Pushed the Windows key and it wouldn't open the start menu Finally I had to do a hard shut-off I waited a minute and booted the computer back up when it stopped at the login password screen as usual I typed the password and hit the Enter key and it just deleted the password and stayed on the page So I retyped it and clicked with the mouse on the green arrow button with the same result Laptop built in mouse button did the same thing Eventually it just froze entirely and I could not even type in the password box Also the little help icon on this screen would not bring anything up it's like all the keys got remapped to different functions The only recent updates were the automatic Windows updates upon shutdown earlier today and the comp worked fine after booting up after that the first time Any thoughts I'm on a Dell laptop with XP Home Thanks EDIT I hard shut down the comp again and let it sit for about min Booted back up and it's functioning normally I'm still afraid it will happen again though so any input will be appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-login-screen-password-disappears-258719.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so today o decided to uninstall alienware my at 64-bit stuck login (problem) 7 ultimate windows colors or something like that Downloaded it from dell website Its for windows the name of was breed So after i uninstalled it my icons arrows were gone it was the app icon and the arrow that goes with it windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem) was like a page and two blue dots I couldnt acess any folders no control panel It was all blabk Desktop appeard fine except for the arrows were missing on tje icons It asked me to restart so i did it went pass the windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem) windows logo loading screen Then came the welcome screen it windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem) prompted please wait with the circle Problem was after that No login or anything No password on my account so it should have loged in It doesnt hang or anything It just stays on that screen Only options i have it restart sleep and shutdown aling with that button for speech keyboard and someother things I tried safe mode no luck same thing doesnt log in Tried restore to previous known state Nothing I cant acess repair option as i have no windows -bit cd Only -bit cd Also it doesnt show my account Mb-asus p g t-mlx Cpu-intel pentium d ghz oc ghz graphics-xfx radeon hd gddr oc psu-corsair gs Cooling-corsair h Memory-corsair ddr gb sticks Hard drive-cavair gb hardrive

A:windows 7 ultimate 64-bit stuck at login (problem)

If you are able to boot the system far enough to get into the BIOS, you can try a Factory Restore and which will be under the "Repair your Computer" (or similarly worded) option. Be warned however that you will lose all programs and personal files as this reformats the HDD and reinstalls the OS, so your system will be exactly how it was when you first got it. A Factory Restore is the OEM system's equivalent to a Clean Install off of a retail OS disk. Also, I am fairly certain at this point that the Factory Restore will be your only option seeing as you can't get into the actual OS and have no recovery disks, and that is providing if you can access the BIOS at all and also whether or not whatever happened hasn't affected the OEM recovery partition on your primary hard drive. And if that's the case, you will have to contact Dell and have them send you a recovery disk of the OS and Drivers to do it that way (and they will most likely charge you for them).

So, look up Dell's special keys to get into the BIOS and when it prompts you to hit those keys, do it and then navigate through the BIOS until you find the "Repair your Computer" (or similarly worded option), then chose the one that says "Factory Restore" (or similar option) and let it do it's thing. Odds are this will do the trick for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192659-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-stuck-login-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

dear bleeping computer how are you guys here's my story why i need help so my uncle asked me to repair his very slow acer laptop so i said why not i got it directly got to ssafe mode caus it was very slow downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware ran a scan and it found threads it took long enough to delete maybe threads and then it shut down because keyboard & mouse login screen stuck on the charger didnt get electricity then i restarted in safe mode ran the scan again and found threads between or in numbers it took hours to quarantine them fell asleep and in the morning the safe mode worked fine so i geussed why not go to normal mode when all the threads where removed did that mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen and till now mouse amp keyboard freezes when starting up and seeing the cursor it gets mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen stuck at login where you have to so i cant login or go to explorer to do anything please i need help i dont got any backup cd's orso because he lost everything and its an old pc i'll try to upgrade it to window maybe after it's repaired hope there is help regards Daniel

A:mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen

try an external mouse and keyboard with USB,

if you dont have anything on it that you need backed up or saved, i would create a bootable vista install CD or usb drive and re-install vista using your current productkey/id

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582822/mouse-keyboard-stuck-on-login-screen/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

Windows10 bug - YouTube

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I had a problem yesterday where I couldn't log in to my account on Windows but my wife's account worked fine I noticed that the computer had poor performance when on her stuck Welcome Windows on alternative fix screen an login after 7 - account I ran MBAM and everything came back clean I tried both accounts in safe mode and had the same behavior Then I remembered that the night before the computer froze Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix up for about minutes then started working again I decided to restart it that night because I have a memory leak somewhere and I thought that it might have caused the crash Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix I never logged back in that night after the restart When I tried it the next morning I got the behavior above I went through the steps for this problem to run sfc scannow which always stopped at before I got an error that it couldn't complete I was still having problems with the performance too Everything would go fine for a few minutes then it would be excruciatingly slow for a while I remembered when I had performance issues like this before and it was when my hard drive was going out several years ago My current hard drive is not a year old yet so I didn't think that was happening I decided to run a chkdsk to make sure though While the first chkdsk was clean I decided to schedule the chkdsk r with the GUI not the cmd on startup The scan found that ntuser dat and a couple other files had bad sectors and moved them I left it all night to finish checking free disk space When I tried this morning I was able to login and the performance was back to normal It looks like in my case the ntuser dat was corrupted or affected in some way by the bad sector While this may not always be the case it could be the cause of some of the more difficult to fix instances of this problem

A:Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen after login - an alternative fix

FWIW:  Programs/files don't "have" bad sectors...they lie on bad sectors, which are part of the hard drive/partition.  If the files are on bad sectors, then Windows may have difficulty reading such and using such files.

The chkdsk /r command is the only tool that I know of which can attempt to move files on bad sectors to good sectors.  It is not necessarily successful at any of these attempts.

Bad sectors increasing on hard drives can be an indicator of a failing/problematical hard drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564866/windows-7-stuck-on-welcome-screen-after-login-an-alternative-fix/
Relevancy 47.73%

Everytime I start my computer it goes into startup repair searching for problems. I tried going to F8 into safe mode but it goes bac to searching for problems in statup repair. Is there any way I can bypass it from going to startup repair page and go into windows. Please help thanks.

A:Stuck on Startup Repair before login to Windows

Does it boot into Windows after the Startup repair has run?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-startup-repair-before-login-to-windows.1038395/
Relevancy 47.73%

My son bought his first laptop (with his own earned money)  1 1/2 years ago.  a few months ago it began running really slow and then eventually wouldn't boot up.  we ended up doing a factory reset.  Fast forward a couple months and we are having the sam issues and now it gets stuck on the login page.  I have ran the sysem extensive test and

I ran the test and everything passes.  Please advice us what we can do next.  sooo disappointed!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-getting-stuck-on-welcom-Login-screen/td-p/5616607
Relevancy 47.3%

I've read somewhere that the problem could be the synaptics (?) drivers, but how can I do anything about them when I cannot move the mouse?

I tried a separate mouse in the USB key, but that didn't even appear to register.

Help?!? I'm a computer user of limited ability, and thoroughly frustrated!

Thanks

A:My mouse freezes after login (Asus x61s) and then I'm stuck

Ok, what seems to me to be the problem is the system is having an issue with recognizing USB devices. This might be a problem either with your physical USB ports, or with Windows. Your USB ports might have been damaged, or Windows is having an issue recognizing USB devices once it loads up. Windows is weird in that it loads up all the device drivers and recognizes USB stuff as it starts up and sometimes a USB device that's plugged in before it books will make it go screwy. I've had a similar issue once before.

First of all, what I'd like you to do is unplug the mouse and any other unimportant USB device you have. USB keyboard, USB mouse, USB flash drive, USB external drive....whatever. If it doesn't need to be on there, take it out.

Start up the computer. Once it loads up Windows, try plugging the keyboard and mouse back in. What should happen is Windows, having already loaded the USB drivers and such, will see you plugging in the USB devices again and it will try to detect what they are and get the necessary drivers to make them work.

After you've tried this, let me know what's happening. If it isn't fixed, then there's something even worse that's wrong with Windows or your USB ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-mouse-freezes-after-login-asus-x61s-and-then-im-stuck.139281/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi peeps Stuck Help before Windows on 8.1 Gray Screen page login I need some help I've read a lot of posts and not found any for my issue Most are stuck with flickering cursor I don't know exactly what happened so I'll go Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page through what I done leading up to the issue I processed a Windows update I used spybot to remove some spyware which it didn't work so I selected run - msconfig - Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page boot options - safe mode So I could run a new scan on spybot So I rebooted and bios page loaded then the blue Windows icon with the round dotted circle the screen then goes black for seconds All that loads up is a grey screen with narrator options in the bottom left corner and the restart shutdown option in the bottom right corner I've tried all kinds and don't know what to do Its Windows professional I touchscreen all in one I've had it months I don't have the disc to hand the person I purchased it from does have it still Thanks in advance

A:Windows 8.1 Help Stuck on Gray Screen before login page

Anyone help with this? How can i do a recovery.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55858-windows-8-1-help-stuck-gray-screen-before-login-page.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I am having issues with the no Welcome Issues, prompt screen, password Login stuck computer I built for my grandparents http speccy piriform com results BdOHfoWmZDbDeWQUSFD LWv I will turn on the computer reach the user Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt login screen There are users to pick from It usually doesn t matter which I pick Sometimes this issue will occur sometimes it won t There are different variations of the issue I will click on a user to login to but no password prompt will appear just the mouse and the blue flowery looking background is present I will be able to input a password but the desktop fails to load and all that is present is the mouse and the spinning circle with Welcome next to it The only way I get out of either issue is to do a manual shutdown Sometimes I can login without and issue I ve Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt found booting into Safe mode rebooting from safe mode then attempting to login allows me to login but I have no idea Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt whether or not Safe mode has anything to do with it I hope you guys can shed some light on my situation Thank You Update I have ran Memtest for a pass and a half and received no errors I ve also attempted to do a system repair and sfc scannow https www dropbox com s pa zzruxo mk s sfcdetails txt nbsp

A:Login Issues, stuck Welcome screen, no password prompt

Memtest needs to be run for at least 8 passes to be any where near conclusive.

I can see in the Speccy report you only have 4GB or Ram and it is all in the same slot so it will only be running on a single channel, performance should improve if you put another matched RAM stick in the other channel so it will then run as dual channel.

The Speccy report also shows every voltage, including the CMOS battery, as being a long way off from what it should be. I do suspect this is a misreading as the system would be unlikely to run at all if these readings are correct. I would check the reported voltages in the bios and post them back here.

Finally the SFC scan results show a problem with the TVEncDec manifest which is corrupted. The best way to fix this is to run a Repair Install: Windows 7 Repair Install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-issues-stuck-welcome-screen-no-password-prompt.1113958/
Relevancy 47.3%

So I have installed windows 10 on my x220. Everything is updateted, I have installed all the drivers, using new UEFI booting and all that - no problems using it EXPECT that +- every second boot i get stuck on login screen. I then have to hard turn off the notebook by holding the power button. Boot again and it boots with no problem at all. I tryied repairing windows instalation by repair media, no success. I am using fingerprint scanner to login.It says "There was an error, please repete the action" while it gets stuck on login screen.Also nothing connected to the notebook.I have made a short video of my problem and added comments of what is happining.Anyone can help, please?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-X220-stuck-at-login-screen-windows-10/td-p/3415881
Relevancy 47.3%

My HP Pavilion laptop is brand stuck HP new screen is Pavilion laptop My on the login not completely frozen My My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen touchpad works as do some of the function keys like My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status nbsp The My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen problem is the Sign in and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are darkened you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time nbsp I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen/td-p/5617883
Relevancy 47.3%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like laptop login screen on stuck HP new brand My Pavilion the is mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It s like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won t actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can t do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

holding down the power button for 20 seconds until it switched off worked. it just restarted like normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen.1171219/
Relevancy 47.3%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not laptop Pavilion the login My new on is stuck HP brand screen completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

What is the actual model of you HP laptop? In the meantime.....try this......power off laptop, unplug AC power cord, then pull out the battery for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes.....connect the AC power cord and power on " WITH OUT" the battery , now power on and lets see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen-1119425.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all.
One of my friend has HP pro book laptop. Until yesterday it boot properly. But now it shows logon screen more than 10 minutes and welcome screen same time. After it boot it painfully slow. Why is that? How do i fix it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54236-windows-8-stuck-login-screen-not-finish-boot.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My PC stuck at the login screen without user password prompt in safe mode.

I've tried the solutions as follows, however, none of them are success :

Use the Windows 10 installation media to log into the "Troubleshoot Mode" and "Startup Repair".

"System Restore" in "Troubleshoot Mode" isn't work for me as Kaspersky IS is installed and it prevents the "System Restore" process.

Use the Windows 10 installation media, to try "Upgrade" the windows. It fails also as Windows 10 already exist.

It's grateful if anyone can help to fix it.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65391-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-without-password-prompt.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay - so I decided to get into safe mode using the msconfig option Stupidly enough now I can t get past the login screen even after attempting to use the Administrator login information Using the F option to boot normally or using the last boot that worked doesn t work Still in safe mode I need to somehow change the boot ini back out of safe mode not Login Working Password Stuck Safe in - Mode I ve read that my my only option is to pretty much get an XP CD and try the repair Stuck in Safe Mode - Password Login not Working mode I am not Stuck in Safe Mode - Password Login not Working able to get an XP Prof CD but then I also read that this may or may not work anyway Does anyone have any other suggestions Anyone hear of using a program called NTFS DOS PS - I was simply trying to remove a specific file from my registry before I selected to boot in safe mode I backed up my registry just in case The file I was attemping to remove was one from spiralfrog com I don t think that me removing this caused my problem If anyone could provide some info that d be great I m trying to avoid sending the computer to our tech people at work to avoid a charge Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck in Safe Mode - Password Login not Working

When you say password login is not working do you mean your password is not working? What happens when you enter your login info? Does it take the psswd and say logging in, then logging out, and kick you back to the same screen asking for your login info in a loop? Does it blue screen or freeze?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-password-login-not-working.835439/
Relevancy 47.3%

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route spinning 7 circle Stuck with login screen Windows at I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there little things like this push customers away like what is happening to me now I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP God This is so frustrating I need help and I need it fast my choice of OS is hanging on this here

A:Windows 7 Stuck at login screen with circle spinning

Quote: Originally Posted by kamron

I've had this problem for almost a year and now and I got so fed up and quit using windows. I partitioned the drive and installed another OS on it. I can boot in safe mode but not normal mode.

I did not get an install cd with my purchase of the computer so I don't think I can repair it via that route. I'd like to know what the possible causes are to see if I can repair it on my own. Frankly I've had it up to here with Windows and am itching to wipe the drive and install another OS if I don not find a solution to the problem and find one fast.

Why can't microsoft create some way to repair startup over the net? Because obviously this is a very common problem with Windows 7. There are alternatives to windows that are very good out there, little things like this push customers away (like what is happening to me now), I am mad to switch to totally to Ubuntu or some other Linux Distro as I found out long ago that they have everything and more that Windows has and most for free. I like Windows for the look and feel but this annoying problem is getting to me and this isn't the first time something screwy like this happened to me, I recall once with a laptop I had that had on Vista and another time in XP. God!!! This is so frustrating!!!!

I need help and I need it fast, my choice of OS is hanging on this here!!!

There is no need to switch from Windows 7. Windows 7 is a great os. Anyway, have you tried running system restore? You can run that by going to start then typing system restore. Restore to a time before this started happening.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/223061-windows-7-stuck-login-screen-circle-spinning.html
Relevancy 47.3%

For some reason everytime my xp pro pc gets a power spike from an outage in my area, when it re-starts I only get the Administrator login prompt and can't use my own login and PW. I have no idea what the admin PW is and I never set one.
Any suggestions????
Jga

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241142/after-power-outage-winxp-pro-stuck-at-admin-login/
Relevancy 46.44%

my pc is stuck after login. i recently formatted my hd .it worked fine after that until i installed eset security from An old setup file from d: !! as soon as eset started it detected and deleted many system files(which is weird cuz they were safe) so i disabled eset . but today when i turned on my pc it is stuck at wallpaper and keeps me giving warning about drwtsn32.exe and dwwin.exe . when i tried opening taskmanager i get a dialogue box saying it can't be opened ..

i tried chkdsk /r from cd and it found and fixed some errors but when restarted i still get the same situation (even in safe mode) .

A:Stuck after login, no desktop iconsor start menu - only the wallpaper

You were probably infected and the malware got into your system files. Eset deleted these files, and if you would have let it complete it may have restored the original files. Anyways, put the XP CD in and do a Repair Install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-after-login-no-desktop-iconsor-start-menu-only-the-wallpaper-627397.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I had recently purchased a new laptop from Lenovo, and had decided to change a few setting on the Windows 8.1 host file. After the changes, I flushed my DNS settings, turned off my network settings and rebooted my computer.

To my surprise, as I login Windows 8.1, it keeps reseting to the password screen over and over again.

I do not know what to do from here, as I cannot even log-in to change my settings, or even boot my system in safe mode.

Please help!

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29576-windows-8-1-stuck-login-screen-after-changing-host-file.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have followed several similar threads and their fixes for this problem with no result After downloading the Win upgrade my system then said quot loading updates quot Then it restarted with a blue login screen saying quot Welcome Back quot And a box to enter my password The cursor is blinking in the box but neither my mouse or keyboard works I have hard booted several times since the ctrl alt delete does not work I am also not able to access safe mode as none of the quot F quot keys work during boot up I have tried the following Unplugged all USB devices except keyboard does at 10 windows recognize keyboard or stuck screen mouse login not Turning off internet at the router I have a Dell desktop and upgraded from Windows with a Netgear router modem I do NOT have an animated avitar as someone else mentioned in the forum The windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard only way I can get the system to move is if I power off at the main switch after booting up which goes into bios and disc diagnostics but I don't know enough about computers to know what to do there HELP PLEASE My computer is useless now

A:windows 10 stuck at login screen does not recognize mouse or keyboard

Booted up again and let it run for several hours. I noticed some flashing under the power button like it was processing info, but it stopped after about 20 mins. Still frozen at login page. Help Please!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/12355-windows-10-stuck-login-screen-does-not-recognize-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Well the title was hopefully discriptive and brief enough to get some skilled help on this one so here is a bit more details I am working on a DELL XPS with Vista Home Premium build its a couple years old Its not mine and I am not entirely familiar with the machine I do know this it can handle vista fine and works well until yeasterday I am told the Login reinstall Vista stuck activate, screen Home, must to at Windows machine came from Dell and was bought just as Dell switched to not offering XP anymore I do not know what updates have been applied Error Details Boots fine to login screen then I get error message quot Windows must be reinstalled to Activate quot I hit close and get droped to Login Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen screen I click admin user only user available and Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen get Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen the message again As an additional error the bottom right of my screen reads This Copy of Windows is not Genuine Windows Vista Build I do have Windows and OS X Snow Leapord disks available if I need to use them but would rather not I do not as yet know if Vista disks are available What I need I need to recover critical buisness files from the computer if at possible before doing a reinstall Attempting a safe mode boot to try and recover files now while I wait for quot hopefully prompt quot response

A:Vista Home, Windows must reinstall to activate, stuck at Login screen

As an update, I am able to login via safe mode and in the process of backing up files.

I still do not know the cause of my errors above and would greatly appriciate some insight.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273290-vista-home-windows-must-reinstall-activate-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer was turning off every time i tried to turn it on I ran my computer in safe mode and tried to restore to before the previous update The computer then attempted to reboot as a process of the system restore As it was Computer a with cursor Black a screen [SOLVED] white on before login? stuck gets turning back on the computer shut down again mid-process After some research i concluded that the problem was that my CPU was overheating I purchased thermal composite and applied it as instructed on the suppliers website I attempted to reboot my computer but after the [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? green-bars loading screen the computer screen became black with the cursor in the middle of the screen I am sure this is due to the sudden shut down during the restoration process I have tried [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? running my computer in safe mode but i get the same result After further research i tried the F advanced boot screen The quot Repair my Computer quot option is not available I built this computer a year ago I [SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login? believe Windows is corrupted because at the start up loading screen with the small green bars the logo doesnt show on top Please help

A:[SOLVED] Computer gets stuck on a Black screen with a white cursor before login?

do you still have the Vista installation CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-gets-stuck-on-a-black-screen-with-a-white-cursor-before-login-498177.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

My computer completely froze upon opening the lid and logging back into my account (as far as I can remember, this is the first occasion this has happened since I got it in July.) I restarted and attempted to log back in but the process was stuck at the "waiting..." portion of the log in screen with the circling cursor. After a few minutes, I gave up and restarted attempting to boot into safe mode. Safe Mode was not functional, it failed to even open to the log in screen.

I am not sure how to fix this issue. As far as I can tell, this isn't even virus-related, but I'm honestly not too sure. I closed the lid in the middle of a session, went to eat, came back, and it simply was not working. It was functioning fine up until I attempted to open the lid.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

A:Logging into Vista, login stuck at "waiting..."

i have the same problem too and i am looking for a solution for it.... i also tried restoring PC for an older date and it didnt work.... i think that there is a file corruption and we need to fix it.... but how??? i dont want to format my PC.... i have too many important data in it... please help us

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/logging-into-vista-login-stuck-at-waiting-320245.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I've been a happy user of my Windows 7 for about a year but about a week ago I started getting the problem of windows stucknig after loging in. Sometimes I restart the computer for 20 times and yet it doesn't work and most often the problem is temporary. I can use the Safe Mode, I've cleaned my startup list using RegCleaner, scanned the computer with CCleaner and Ad-aware and I've also done chdsk /f

Sadly, nothing seems to work for me.

A:Windows stuck at the "Welcome" screen after login

For the registry cleaning:Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Hopefully the damage has not already been done by the registry cleaning. I realize you were trying to repair the system, but you may have made the problem worse. The first step I would recommend is to Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup. It sounds like you may have already cleaned up the startup items, but you probably did not disable all non-Microsoft services.
If you need further help after those steps, please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Also, please fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236029-windows-stuck-welcome-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer blue screen crashed several times in a row, and wouldn't get to the OS because of it. I then preformed a quick restore, and can get to the login screen now, but after my password is entered the screen says preparing windows for about 15 minutes, after which I get sent to a black screen with a mouse. Once I was given the notification that "ChangeIcon MFC Application has stopped working," though that only happened one of the times. What can I do?

A:Login stuck at "Preparing Windows"

Some how via safe mode you have to uninstall this update listed below
that is if you cant get to control panel on main window

1. Access Control Panel (I use Small Icons view)
2. Click on Windows Update
3. Click on Installed Windows Updates
4. Look for Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB2984006) and double click to uninstall it.
5. Reboot when prompted and issue is fixed.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70491-login-stuck-preparing-windows.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok so login "Please at Wait" Vista on stuck I m trying to fix my fiances computer and I m having some difficulties pinpointing the problem s origin She has a dell studio running Vista Home Edition Gb of RAM Intel duo processor I believe and an ATI Mobile Radeon Graphics Card The problem is when it tries to boot into normal mode it goes through the boot screen then tries Vista stuck at "Please Wait" on login to load the accounts at the login screen but the accounts never come up Instead you see quot Please Wait quot - gt Black screen - gt quot Please Wait quot - gt Black screen over and over Vista stuck at "Please Wait" on login again until you turn off the computer rarely the computer will restart itself The cursor is still seen and moveable doing the loading circle constantly but otherwise that s all that can be done You can get into Safe Vista stuck at "Please Wait" on login Mode without a problem and I talked her through how to restore it to before Christmas over the phone which she did but it didn t fix the issue I ve tried to restore further back than that but for some reason all of the restore points have been deleted now I ve tried installing KAV to run a scan in safe mode but even running as admin it begins to run the install file then just goes away without a reason Also as it turns out she hasn t had an Anti-Virus software running for about months I have no idea why and she is on the internet a lot I ve tried messing with the display drivers disabling them and restarting in normal mode but with no success as well as diagnostic startup with nothing running but main Window services but still no change She does have the facial recognition software but it s been disabled at login I m told for awhile I thought this might be messing it up but I can t uninstall it in safe mode for some reason I ve also deleted all other accounts but one trying to get it to auto login at startup but I can t remove the password in safe mode on her account to see if this affects it I ve also run the repair disk that came as a partition on the hard drive but it couldn t find anything wrong will a real boot disk have different results I ve considered reformatting but only as a last resort since there are a lot of programs that are needed on there I ve also thought about upgrading her to a Windows of mine but I believe you have to be logged in to do that not sure if you have to be in normal mode though So with this in mind I come to you with request to help solve this issue Let me know anything else you need to know about the system I m not at home right now but will be later today after classes are done to try any suggestions you might have Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Vista stuck at "Please Wait" on login

Hi there are a couple of options you can try with a install or recovery disc 1 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html
2 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html
3 http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-stuck-at-please-wait-on-login.897708/
Relevancy 40.85%

The battery is no good on my Gateway laptop so computer will only run a few minutes when to login my on Can't Profile Temporary profile--Stuck unplugged I accidently kicked plug loose from wall and didn't Can't login to my profile--Stuck on Temporary Profile realize it I saw computer was shutting down due to low battery and I quickly plugged it back in but it was already powering down When I re-booted it it had to run through all the disk-scans and then when it finally booted it was under temporary profile and not mine I tried to follow directions on Microsoft help forum http windows microsoft com en-us windows fix-a-corrupted-user-profile to fix corrupted user profile but their step-by-step instructions don't match up with my computer Can't login to my profile--Stuck on Temporary Profile In particular MS tells me to create a new profile and copy my old profile to the new one I created new profile but it tells me to copy all files except the following Ntuser dat Ntuser dat log and Ntuser ini On mine there are Ntuser dat log files and I don't have Ntuser ini The other thing I'm not understanding is once I copy them I can't figure out how to move it all to the new profile P S I also tried to change the corrupted profile settings using this method http www sysprobs com fix-temporary-profile-windows- but had no luck there either When logged off on had the same temporary settings as before Plus the computer is running incredibly slow and locks up a lot when on the internet Anytime I have to restart it has to run through disk scan again which takes about minutes P P S I am deployed to Afghanistan at the moment so I am not able to run to a repair technician and since my laptop is my primary method of communication entertainment I would really like to have it fixed any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't login to my profile--Stuck on Temporary Profile

why not u install windows 7 again to formet the system drive and install windows again if u dont want to do this then do this load a bootable windows cd and launch repair comp. and lauch system image recovery than load driver u have to search that missing file from that windows cd as microsoft says and move it as ms says if not found that file than install windows again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500093/cant-login-to-my-profile-stuck-on-temporary-profile/
Relevancy 37.41%

Firefox keeps asking me for the proxy username and password - on every page often multiple times I've just installed firefox on a WinXP laptop and plugged it into a university LAN The set up is all pretty default you and Firefox login login and again proxy login know exceptions for local addresses and so on The connection seems fine and IE finally seems to be okay even downloading from Firefox proxy login and login and login again Windows Update which was a real pain to get to work but that's another story Firefox proxy login and login and login again When I start up a browser I have to give a username and password for the proxy same when I download something or run an Active X control This isn't too bad But on Firefox on this machine asks me for a username and password for every single page Just once for a very simple page with no graphics or Javascript and several times if there are multiple items on the page I have to login times before it will show Google This is really annoying - as you can imagine Also the Add-ons and the extensions for firefox won't down load but set off a dialog saying that it can't install because of download error - According to http kb mozillazine org Unable to oad Error - this may be due to a firewall or spybot incompatibility I've got Trend Micro Office Scan client on the machine and this works with a server on the university's server as I understand it if that makes any sense - I downloaded it from the IT department's antivirus page The Trend OfficeScan client's firewall is disabled but I've got just a standard windows firewall installed nothing special and I can't see anything different on my machine than on the other machines that work fine I've got a desktop with a Celeron processor on which Firefox runs fine In fact I don't have to login quite so often on that one either even in IE Any ideas what I can do to stop Firefox asking for a proxy login every time it tries to download a page Quite a little conundrum for me anyway

A:Firefox proxy login and login and login again

... and just to make things fun: If I download a Firefox extension to the desktop and open it in Firefox, it says "not a valid install package" , error -207 ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-proxy-login-and-login-and-login-again-130764.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Firefox keeps asking me for the proxy username and password - on every page, often multiple times.

Firefox, on this machine, asks me for a username and password for every single page. Just once for a very simple page with no graphics or Javascript, and several times if there are multiple items on the page: I have to login 5 times before it will show Google. This is really annoying - as you can imagine.
Any ideas what I can do to stop Firefox asking for a proxy login every time it tries to download a page??

Quite a little conundrum for me anyway....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-proxy-login-and-login-and-login-again-630797.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys I've recently Login Profile cannot failed. ERROR: be User loaded/started. login got an issue with loading profile settings after probably deleting one of the Admin profiles Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started. on Windows Home I can't load The most important Built-in Adminstrator profile Error quot Location Path C Windows sytem config systemprofile Desktop quot is unavailable I got only empty black screen bottom-left-hand corner windows icon doesn't show up the menu - is irresponsive I Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started. can't do anything - eveng craetimng new folders Only Some software work namely Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started. BitDefender Total Security NVidia Intel etc Fortunetely I'ev got another Admin account which works fine I can create new users profiles but I get this error anytime I enter the user's profile quot a User log in failed User's profile files cannot be loaded I've found the path in regestry It confirms that only one with thwe right path to my profile works fine Others don't have a correct path See the print screen below I hope I won't have to format disc and totally reinstall Windows Thank you for you help

A:Login ERROR: User login failed. Profile cannot be loaded/started.

3 first entries seem to be broken or proper entries of the profiles I have (2 more - one local and one connected to a Microsoft acount)
The kast one .....-21-.... is fine and working (admin account)

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53775-login-error-user-login-failed-profile-cannot-loaded-started.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a problem, I get to the Windows login that says to sign in but on the right there is not a user name it is just blank. Can anyone tell me what to do. This does this in Safe mode as well. I click ctrl. alt. del and a user login box comes up but still will not take password. This is a Windows XP Home SP2. Very strange. Thanks....

A:Can't login Windows XP Home Login page missing user names

This happened to me one time, I think it's a corrupt profile. I really don't remember how I solved it.

Do you use XP's System Restore? That would be my first idea.

Best suggestion that I can think of is to run chkdsk /r or the equivalent and see if that helps.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191067/cant-login-windows-xp-home-login-page-missing-user-names/
Relevancy 36.12%

- Did a reset of Windows on a Change accounts, login delete two unable login result: 1 - username to virtual machine - The default account name is then the first characters of my email account - I changed that to my real name - Rebooted - I was then offered login accounts - logged in using my real name - went into account administration Settings- gt Accounts-Family amp Other users - under 'Other users' removed 'Guest' the first characters - rebooted Now I was still offered two accounts but my password did not work sure I was using the correct password and I have tried a dozen times on both accounts Windows then suggested to do a 'Recover your windows live account' account live com password reset But even with the new password I could not log in I was lucky to have a Change username - result: two login accounts, delete 1 unable to login snapshot of an earlier Windows - so I restored the snapshot and Windows is running fine now This is a bit of a weird situation What if this Change username - result: two login accounts, delete 1 unable to login was on a real machine I may need to re-install Windows from scratch Not so much of a big issue in this case However Windows will surely again offer the character account nd item above Q Will that then work with the new password the new password is combined with my full email address Q How was I supposed to proceed to avoid this Note that - on the virtual Windows VMware C Users AccountName still reads the first characters of my email address outlook com - on the host-pc C Users AccountName is different being the first characters of hotmail account Changed from hotmail to outlook com a while ago but the host-pc was set up at the time I was still using the hotmail account

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47645-change-username-result-two-login-accounts-delete-1-unable-login.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hey guys i have brought home a computer given from work and dont no how to login none of the passwords will work and i dont no how too login as the administrator. please help someone

A:Brought home work comp and cant login and dont no how to make a new login

The fact that you're not hooked up to your workplace domain may be the problem, but I do this all the time and never have a problem with XP Pro, it just takes longer because it looks for a domain that isn't there.
Tell us what o/s you're using...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brought-home-work-comp-and-cant-login-and-dont-no-how-to-make-a-new-login.133653/
Relevancy 36.12%

My client used their computer on and upon returning to office days later computer had been left on I think the ususal username login took them to a brand new desktop with no files in the user folders It's as if a new user had been created without their knowledge I am remotely accessing their the cannot form created - login/Folder in it User.ComputerName login RandomUser to of machine to solve the issue and am stumped Trying to do research and as much solving as possible remotely before actually going to client's home to fix things I see folders under Users folder BEARMAIN-PC is the network RandomUser login/Folder created in the form of User.ComputerName - cannot login to it name for their computer Bear is the username TEMP BEARMAIN-PC modified date bear BEARMAIN-PC modified date bear modified date It appears that upon windows login to the only defined user called quot Bear quot on login screen I am using the TEMP client-PC folder of user files quot bear BEARMAIN-PC quot has the most recently worked on files with most recent edit date of and the quot bear quot folders RandomUser login/Folder created in the form of User.ComputerName - cannot login to it have dates of I have no idea RandomUser login/Folder created in the form of User.ComputerName - cannot login to it what happened here in clients absence left town on th the only thing that might've been running is Carbonite backups to a locally attached external drive Dropbox and my remote access program In effect I have a duplicate of everything on hard drive filling it up to all but GB though the quot bear BEARMAIN-PC quot is a larger size and more current file dates so I'll assume that's the one I want to keep This temp login does not have access to all programs like Carbonite or Dropbox so I can't open Carbonite and see if something ran I hesitate to run any programs from that TEMP login don't want to create more data files I am able to get into Control Panel users and there is only the Bear user and guest and a Quickbooks Data Service user HELP

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304184-randomuser-login-folder-created-form-user-computername-cannot-login.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, my windows was set up like this:
C: windows 7
F: all user accounts inluding default user ( users folder ) are on F drive.
I imaged windows, and restored it on a different PC.
On another HDD, I assigned it as F: and put a copy of the user folders on there.

But now when it goes to log in, a profile unable to login service error comes up...!!

Is it have to do with the F drive?

Is there something other than just the Drive letter, that windows looks for when searching for the users folder to login? Like HDD id/serials or something like that?

How can I fix this, it driving me crazy for too long!!
Thanks!!!!

A:!! Restored image of windows, now wont login, login service error!!

OK, its definitely because windows cant assign the HDD as F: because it hasn't recognized it before.

So, then, is there any way to add the HDD ID and assigned letter, to the windows registry BEFORE restoring the image ( ie before imaging)??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235991-restored-image-windows-now-wont-login-login-service-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Ok here's the background My wife's pc identical to my own and running on Windows XP was restarting at shutdown recently on it's own and I saw an error that said there was some kind of driver error So I uninstalled the nvidia drivers in hopes of installing the most recent ones I don't know if this was the issue but I was troubleshooting and use screen, mouse can't mode too not in or keyboard the the login safe login at to I I noticed that there was a recent driver update Well now I can't log on at all because when I get to the windows login screen the mouse and keyboard won't work I see for an instance the cursor shows an hourglass then nothing I see the blinking cursor in the login field but I can't type anything in there and the mouse doesn't work So I tried to do a system restore but it just I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too sent me to the login screen and no mouse or keyboard function persisted When I tried to go into safe mode I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too it asked me what was the boot device I wanted to use which after some searching I see is also an indicator of a problem but I'm not sure what it means I picked my HD and continued to do a restore to the last working config and the same deal can't login no mouse or keyboard use at that sceen So I tried going into safe and it shows both an administrator icon and my wife's user name and I can't try either because again the moust and keyboard aren't working here either I tried to boot with the windows xp disc in even picked the boot source from the boot menu as floppy and again as the cd-rom I read that doing so can sometimes fix things No dice here either I managed to get where I guess it was fixing things and it asked for the adminstrator password Well I'm the administrator and the only password I know isn't working So I'm at a loss I'd prefer not to have to do a fresh install but please if anyone has any advice or directions I REALLY need some hand holding here I'm not an expert by any means and I apparently know just enough about this stuff to get myself in trouble I can use some direction and help and I would be majorly appreciative to anyone who can take the time to do so I REALLY don't want to do start from scratch and re-install everything Thanks - MC

A:I can't use the mouse or keyboard to login at the login screen, not in safe mode too

what type of mouse/keyboard, wireless, ps2, usb?

when it asks for password at repair console, just press enter.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-use-the-mouse-or-keyboard-to-login-at-the-login-screen-not-in-safe-mode-too-196162.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I just discovered a problem with vista I recently installed can't error, Direct screen, 9.0 X recognized login screensaver run login not on an outstanding software known as TuneUp Utilities I then used it to customize my computer login screen I made a modification such that on startup or when no one is logged i e when the login screen login error, screensaver can't run on login screen, Direct X 9.0 not recognized is displayed in case there has been no activity for minutes vista's built in bubble screensaver begins to run Unfortunately when I tested this modification out I noticed a screensaver error stating that quot direct d is required to run this screensaver and can't be found on your computer quot so I logged in and tried running the screensaver again and it worked perfectly Why is it not working on the login screen but it works on the desktop screen How do I confirm the version of direct x I have installed because I recently made an update on my direct x I tried updating it to XXX and the same problem is still occurring Please reply asap

A:login error, screensaver can't run on login screen, Direct X 9.0 not recognized

Click the link in my signature and under STEP 2 download and install everything there, that should solve your problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/227286-login-error-screensaver-cant-run-login-screen-direct-x-9-0-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 35.69%

This has never happened before. When I turn on the computer, the two accounts show up (both administrator) but whenever I click either of them, the screen just shows the Windows 7 login screen for a while without any text then sends me back to the account selection. This happens when I select either of the accounts, one of them also has a password but that doesn't show up either.

PLEASE HELP.
(also don't know a lot about computers ;-; )

EDIT : When I turned on the computer, it went through updates where it says Starting Windows with the Windows logo. Maybe this helps.

A:Can't login to Windows 7. Sends me back to login screen every time.

Same thing happened to me since the update yesterday.

( just to clarify Is this the same problem ? I posted a video Windows Error - YouTube )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385612-cant-login-windows-7-sends-me-back-login-screen-every-time.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I can't get to the OS to run anything. When I log in, it goes blank (eggshell color). When I Ctrl+Alt+Del and tell it to shut down I see the desktop just before it logs off. When I try going into safe mode it restarts after login. This is on an Emachines ET1331G-07 4gig ram Win 7 64bit, off the network.

Wado,
Fred

A:Win 7 Screen goes eggshell after login, safe mode restarts after login

When did problem begin?

Any indications that system was/is infected...prior to your post here?

Any changes to system made prior to problems?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505221/win-7-screen-goes-eggshell-after-login-safe-mode-restarts-after-login/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi

I have a unit i want to have 4 user accounts on and one of them should auto login.

How do i change to one of my other 3 accounts?
Change user doesnt work, just auto login.

Im running Windows embedded standard 7

Best regards
Alexander

A:Multiple user accounts, 1 auto login , how to login to another account

Can you log off the user that was automatically logged on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215661-multiple-user-accounts-1-auto-login-how-login-another-account.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I ve run about problems Slow program login, login after & start-up Solved: every virus scan program I ve seen mentioned on Solved: Slow start-up & login, program problems after login various postings here Adaware Solved: Slow start-up & login, program problems after login Spybot Norton Internet Security Windows Antispyware Housecall and a couple other online scanners Despite all of those I m receiving three to five windows that come up immediately after Windows XP login The message is the same for all the different programs Program has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience This morning I received that message for the following programs DSLog after I ran HJT mm tray I get this one almost every morning TouchPad Driver Helper Application and nwiz exe Are these due to malware or did malware do something to these applications Do I need to reinstall them Also both login and starting all the programs up are happening much slower than before Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system nwiz exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Norton Password Manager AcctMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NSMdtr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Nicholas Schneider Start Menu Programs hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW DSLog exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www u com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www u com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destro... Read more

A:Solved: Slow start-up & login, program problems after login

Run HJT and fix the following lines:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /installquiet
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MProcessor] "C:\Program Files\\MProcessor\mprocessor.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.musicmatch.com (HKLM)
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\DOCUME~1\NICHOL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\drv8.tmp.dll
O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

Uninstall and reinstall (If prefer)MusicMatch and MProcessor throughout the Add Remove Programs

Boot thecomputer is Safe Mode. Go to Start->Run, type %temp%, and click Ok. From the Menu select Edit->Select All, then File->Delete. Delete all files and folders in the Temp Folder.
Also in Safe mode, search and delete the following File:

WLTRYSVC.EXE

Restant the computer.

You may have to uninstall and reinstall Sun's JAVA, as certain ActiveX components are missing.

Afterward, post a new HJT log and give us some feedback.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-start-up-login-program-problems-after-login.343845/
Relevancy 35.69%

When I attempt to log in to many sites (Hotmail, youtube, steam community, razerzone, thinkgeek, my bank, etc.) after hitting "login" the page refreshes to show both the username and password fields blank and I am not logged in. I'm running Windows home premium 64bit, and I'm using Firefox primarily but the issue is present in IE and Chrome as well. I think the problem is logging into secure servers, I can view https sites without issue, I just can't login.

I have tried deleting cookies, history etc.
Cookies are enabled
SSL 2.0 and 3.0 are enabled
My firewall is not the issue, I have tried turning it off/adding firefox as an exception
Time and date settings are correct
System restore does not fix the issue
Not Antivirus causing the issue

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

A:Attempting to login to most websites results in login page refreshing.

I realize you are not using IE, but it can't hurt to try it both before and after a reset: Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset. You might also check out this tutorial: SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/210259-attempting-login-most-websites-results-login-page-refreshing.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I tried to install win xp pro sp but didnt complete installation next time i start up it shows choose ur OS windows xp professional windows xp professional installation default is the later with seconds delay time I tried to change this by going to My in safe login, keep Windows even those login modes, couldn't without restarting help! computer lt Properties lt Advanced lt Windows keep restarting without login, couldn't login even in those safe modes, help! Startup Windows keep restarting without login, couldn't login even in those safe modes, help! and Recovery lt Settings There i select windows xp professional as the default one and by editing it delete the text that reads as quot non-execute windows xp professional installation quot and save the text file then apply and Ok Next time i startup windows won t login but it keeps on restarting Tried the safe modes couldn t login either Tried using the XP pro CD to Repair windows but sadly i didn t have a recovery portion disks As a last resort i tried to install the OS from the cd the result was even worse as it shows an error message as txtsetup sif file missing couldnt load setup I have no idea what else to do now please help me out nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-keep-restarting-without-login-couldnt-login-even-in-those-safe-modes-help.153289/
Relevancy 35.69%

If auto-login is enabled there is NO User picture on Login screen
This issue started with Redstone builds.
This was not an issue with TH2.

Many other Insiders have reported this on the Feedback Hub.
I thought it would be fixed by now, but it still exists in Build 14393.5

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58102-if-auto-login-enabled-there-no-user-picture-login-screen.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Computer gets stuck On the motherboard screen, and when I try to enter the setup when pressing delete it will change screens and say entering setup but will get and will not load the setup. I think I obtained a virus from a torrent and made my computer act like this.

Specs: windows 7 home edition
Ripjaws 4gb ram
Intel core i5
Motherboard : msi p55a-gd55

A:Computer stuck on motherboard loading screen, and stuck in setup.

Wrong forum for malware issues. Please post here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-on-motherboard-loading-screen-and-stuck-in-setup-595494.html
Relevancy 35.69%

when I try to login to either of the accounts, it flashed for a second and then goes back to the login screen. I did an offline defender scan and remove a few adware, but I don't think they were the cause.
Is there any way I could monitor the login process and see what's failing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385871-cant-login-account-brings-back-login-screen.html
Relevancy 35.69%

This is quite a confusing story and the cause for it simply eludes me but this will be the second time it has happened Basically I was on Youtube through Google Chrome BlackSOD after hang Login time, Windows login Shockwave Flash crashed on me Windows Login hang time, BlackSOD after login and it is well known that Flash will often crash on Chrome and when Chrome said I should Windows Login hang time, BlackSOD after login end the process I did To attempt to restart Flash I exited Chrome and clicked on it again to reopen it It failed to come up And so begins my real problem I try to open Task Manager through CTRL Shift ESC fails to come up I try CTRL ALT DEL as well fails to come up The computer begins to lag like crazy I can't click on anything without having to wait for at least minutes I did try patience though and the menus eventually came up but still movement was futile My plan was to go in and hopefully find the process that was potentially lagging my pc The strangest thing was that the CPU Usage was fine and barely went above - and the Physical Memory was at So what could be affecting it and making it so slow if the processes are fine I then decided to restart my computer It loaded the windows loading screen fine but that first time the windows login screen took nearly minutes to come up When it finally did I tried to login it would take me to a black screen with just the mouse pointer in the dead center and nothing else within sight The mouse was moveable but there was nothing to click on I've tried a variety of solutions from going into BIOS and trying to change my SATA controllers if it had something to do with the HD unplugging all unnecessary USBs going into Safe Mode and changing startup processes system recovery to a few days before scanning system files for anything corrupted trying to make a new user profile so on and so forth NOTHING My computer is currently quot logged in quot but is stuck in a sea of black I can't bring up Task Manager I can't bring up Command I can't do anything except restart my computer and go right back to square one I honestly don't know what else to do other than re-install windows and that's what I did the first time it happened so I hope someone can provide some sort of help Again I just can't understand how a plug-in crash in a browser which can happen fairly often has affected my computer to such a state TWICE Please help PC Info CPU AMD Phenom II Quad-Core GHz RAM GB OS Windows Home Premium

A:Windows Login hang time, BlackSOD after login

Welcome to Seven Forums darkladyxion959.

Can you post all the requested files at this link.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

When posting a new crash/freeze issue, include all System File Collection and health reports. They contain valuable information that we can use to find the cause of the crashes, even if no actual crashes, just freezes, this information will help us to analyze your issue.

Fill in your 'System Specs' this will also help us analyze your system.
Use this link to find your system specs.
Speccy Free System information Utility

Can you download CPUZ and post a snip of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs.
For posting the information , enter 'Snipping tool' in the Start button > Search box, hit enter. Select the area you want to post and save to a convenient place.
How to Post a Screenshot in Seven Forums

Have you been checking your temperatures?
Use Core Temp, to check the CPU temps when at idle, under load and/or testing.
Let us know the minimum and maximum temps you get.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212040-windows-login-hang-time-blacksod-after-login.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Helo this is my first thread so im not good in explaning stuff I was on my computer operating normaly the last few days i shut my laptop down normaly but the next day when i turned on my pc and tried to login it says quot incorrect password etc quot i even tried to change my password at the microsoft website because i synced it there but still it says incorect password please go to microsoft to Login can win8, in mode fine. login just safe but Cant change your password i also tried using picture password Good thing i have an alternate Local account on my laptop so i tried to login but strangely it says quot please use smartcard logon quot what i dont have Cant Login in win8, but can login safe mode just fine. that sort of thing and how on earth can i use a card on my laptop its not a touch screen either i just use the mouse for dragging lines for picture password Ive been having a hard time trying to fix this when i open my laptop in safe mode WOW my password worked there since then ive been using safe mode as my alternate to use my laptop but it has too many restrictions no sound is one of them Please help me i can explain my situation further if you would gladly help I have a Compaq Presario CQ That has been converted to win its an old laptop i know ANY FEEDBACK USEFULL WILL BE AKNOWLEDGED

A:Cant Login in win8, but can login safe mode just fine.

Can you get into Advanced Options as shown in link below? From there you can try Automatic Repair or System Restore.How To Boot Into Windows 8.1 Safe Mode [Guide] | Redmond Pie

Rich

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57700-cant-login-win8-but-can-login-safe-mode-just-fine.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I think my friends son downloaded something on his computer I am using a clean computer to contact Login @ INFECTED; Can't Freezes Windows; Login Screen to you we can get to windows login screen press our Icon windows login name and it just freezes sometimes it will login but it will have the hour glass for like min and then automatically restarts the computer I can login to safe mode It is a desktop runnin winxp Really that is all the info I have Please Please Help Here are my logs I had to do them in safe mode INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Pseudo HJT Report mSearch Bar hxxp ie redirect INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop BHO A -D B - E -A C - F C EF DA - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe mRun High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun ISUSPM Startup c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe -startup mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -start mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra mi office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra mi office REFIEBAR DLL DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab - c program files yahoo common Yinsthelper dll DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF B -D BA- EA- F E- A AB AC - hxxp panda-plugin disney go com plugin win p dactivex cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com products plugin autodl jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - hxxp platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces B F B- - FB - D B- E B E DhcpNameServer Notify igfxcui - igfxsrvc dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - SERVICES DRIVERS S aswSnx aswSnx c windows system drivers aswSnx sys - - S aswSP aswSP c windows system drivers aswSP sys - - S aswFsBlk aswFsBlk c windows system drivers aswFsBlk sys - - S avast Antivirus avast Antivirus c program files avast software avast AvastSvc exe - - S gupdate Google Update Service gupdate c program files google update GoogleUpdate exe - - S gupda... Read more

A:INFECTED; Can't Login to Windows; Freezes @ Login Screen

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446817/infected;-cant-login-to-windows;-freezes-login-screen/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I'm new here I created this account for help because my mother's password seems changed and she couldn't login the keyboard wasn't sticky so she didn't mistype caps lock wasn't on I typed it my self and it didn't work restarted the computer and it didn't Cannot login repair. to can't screen and system Windows login work neither I then go to thinking it was hacked and the password was simply changed Cannot login to Windows login screen and can't system repair. I go looking around for password changing boots for my flashdrive I burned PASSCAPE on to my gig - flashdrive Tried booting on all settings booted normally didn't work So I ignored it for a while and kept clicking quot Reset password quot button It showed up as quot Passcape quot but claimed the usb slot was empy wasn't the slot is quot F quot I gave up hope on it so I found this youtube video to reset it the manual labor way-here's the link to it quot https www youtube com watch v DLtJ-iDdWC quot So continuing on I was simply following the video's instructions so at step one at duration quot quot I have to cause a error I just keep shutting-down the pc while it's booting because windows will assume it's an error after - times of doing so Okay by the time I get to quot Repair your computer quot button I press enter And the shocking surprise I get which is odd is this in quotes quot Windows Boot Manager Windows has failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed quot I can't manually reset the password at all can't login can't boot the flashdrives or CD's on this laptop Me and my mother think it was hacked but don't know why or how Oh-also I forgot to mention I changed a few bios-settings on the usb slots because the instructions for the Password reset tool said I needed to change quot your bios-settings then save changes and reset your computer quot After knowing they wouldn't work went back to BIOS and reset settings back to default-saved and reset Then went for the URL link above I'd love to get this problem fixed immediatly I don't have a quot Windows installation disc quot but hopefully I won't need one My mother's PC specs that I know of are Model name Insperion - Manufacturer Dell Type Laptop Proccessors Graphics Proccessing Unit Intel core I Year I really hope this can help me thanks everyone here on this community

A:Cannot login to Windows login screen and can't system repair.

NEWS FLASH: I just learned something new about the password problem, my mother never told me exactly what the problem is but I've been typing it wrong the entire time, typed it in and this in quotes is my discovery:

" The User Profile Service service failed the logon.
User profile cannot be loaded. "

She never told me exactly what was the problem everyone, all she said is "Did you change the password" (waking me up at 8AM) then "The password is changed and I can't get on!" What is this problem we are experiencing-i've never seen this before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/380137-cannot-login-windows-login-screen-cant-system-repair.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi everyone, I started up my Samsung laptop and at the login all text was replaced by these weird symbols the only thing that looked normal was my account picture, I can't login because of this. I tried getting to the bios screen at the start but I have a broken laptop screen and use a hdmi cord to my tv there fore won't bring anything up untill it gets to the login screen....I'm stuck any suggestions?

A:The login screen's text is replaced with symbolsc cant login

Did you try connecting another keyboard?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/the-login-screens-text-is-replaced-with-symbolsc-cant-login/1996.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello nice people Windows is asking me for a password despite I've never had a password Here's what happened I've never had a password and choose during the win install to have local account without password I used to have login name screen Changing user login on the local the a user login name with an non ascii character and it was causing me some trouble Hence Changing the local user login name on the login screen I decided to change it with ascii only characters Control Panel users etc properties changed the name of the local user Reboot and boom Windows asks me for a password and is displaying the former user name But there's no option to change the user name I've read that there should be a back arrow but it's not here probably because windows quot thinks quot there's no point since there is only user I don't know what to do I used a Linux live usb distro to use some tools that can reset password and unlock account however it can only reset password which seems not to be the issue here the issue is the wrong user name the linux tool shows local user with the last update name So I'm guessing windows is not using the proper name to login but doesn't provide any mean to change it If anyone has an idea that would be greatly approciated

A:Changing the local user login name on the login screen

Hello Bob, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Double check in Netplwiz to do step 4 to set Windows to automatically sign in to your user account at startup. If you had this set before, then it may not have been updated after you removed your password, and needs to be setup again.

Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54730-changing-local-user-login-name-login-screen.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello all We have Windows Server on servers windows xp on clients protected by a watchguard firebox x VPN users authenticate to Firebox not AD I am trying to setup pptp-vpn on a new laptop which has Windows Pro Here is what happens I go outside the office login to Windows laptop with the domain username and password Then I fire up PPTP-VPN login with the vpn username password leaving domain blank VPN Login goes through fine I can see and ping servers by name and by IP However when I try to browse to the network drives it says username not found I tried logging in with a different VPN username still the same thing Not only that but since that vpn username matched a username on the domain it actually locked that login login Windows PPTP-VPN is domain overwriting domain not VPN username out after a few clicks group policy for domain users is set to times the wrong PPTP-VPN login is overwriting Windows domain login password locks the account So somehow when I connect via PPTP-VPN on a Windows laptop the PPTP login overwrites the windows login PPTP PPTP-VPN login is overwriting Windows domain login connection is setup with domain blank and the box quot Use windows domain login quot unchecked The same PPTP-VPN on a Windows XP laptop works fine does not have that issue Any thoughts would be appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8540dff-99a6-4b29-a3ac-47f5b6dcbb06/pptpvpn-login-is-overwriting-windows-domain-login?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 35.69%

We've got several user accounts setup on XP Pro with Fast User Switching enabled. Is it possible for me to login to the computer via Remote Desktop while someone else is logged in locally, or vice versa? I don't see why it forces them to logout with Fast User Switching enabled... since programs run in the background anyways. Any way around this??

A:Possible to use Remote Desktop login AND local login at the same time??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-use-remote-desktop-login-and-local-login-at-the-same-time.435700/
Relevancy 35.69%

Is it possible to have users but not have their login icon appear on the login screen?

A:Remove user login icons from login screen?

Hello AAAHome,

You could have it where users must enter their username and password at log on to not have any user icons displayed.

Log On with User Name and Password

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/122109-remove-user-login-icons-login-screen.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I just received my PC from cyberpowerpc.com I created my user accounts and i had some problems, basically i have 2 of the same accounts on the vista login screen, initially it is one account icon, but when i hit switch users it shows 2 of the same accounts. When i go to manage user accounts it only shows one account along with the guest. Also first thing when i turn on the PC before the login screen, i get "error, invalid user name or password" even though i have not entered anything yet. it may be trying to automatically login, i'm not sure, if so how do i turn that off. Anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks!

A:2 identical profiles at login, and login error on startup.

See the tutorials on managing user accounts in the Tutorials forum. It shows how to turn password on and off, set up Administrator account etc..

Did the machine come with OS preinstalled or are you installing from a Vista disc? If you don't need the stuff on the machine you can wipe clean(if you have the Vista install disc that is.) Otherwise you'll just have to mess around with account settings.

The quick fix might be if you have a restore point dated before all this crap started happening.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/231346-2-identical-profiles-login-login-error-startup.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,
I am working on a laptop. Trying to get it to log on locally. It is trying to log into a server. How do I make it try to log into one of the local accts (not on a network)? Example: I want to log in with Administrator. What do I type before Administrator, so that it will know not to look for a network to log into?

Thanks!
Ox

A:Windows 7 Login Problems - Local vs Network Login

Hi-

Try this format "computer_name\user_name" ; eg. MARK\Administrator

Though settings such as group policy can change this and completely deny local access.

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-login-problems-local-vs-network-login-552853.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a vexing problem since the Anniversary update on my Vaio I screen; Periodically verify login prompt is on there can't login no have been using Windows on this machine successfully for over a year Here are the exact symptoms I boot up the laptop from a cold state The boot appears normal and my personal background appears on the welcome screen with the current time and date Normally I would just need to click anywhere Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify on this screen to receive my personal photo and a login prompt Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify Up to this point by the way I have not heard the Windows dah-dah-di-dah-hmmmm sound When I click on the welcome screen the background stays but seems to zoom in slightly No personal picture appears no login prompt appears The only icons are the WiFi icon and the accommodations icon for visually impaired Both of these icons function normally but nothing else does not ctrl-alt-delete Not the enter key Nothing Eventually after about a minute the welcome screen with the date and time returns but clicking produces the same result as before I am forced to hold down the power key until the computer shuts down and then press it again to boot At this point the process usually proceeds normally with the dah-dah-di-dah-hmmmm sound and the login screen with my circular photo appears and the login proceeds normally Other strangeness I am unable to verify my identity on the computer because clicking on Verify produces a Windows security error We couldn't sign you in quot I tried resetting the Windows explorer advanced internet options and it didn't help I added SSL to the checked internet options and it didn't help I am afraid that all of these forced shut-downs will eventually degrade the performance of my computer Help

A:Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify

Originally Posted by Davidwilliamw

I have a vexing problem since the Anniversary update on my Vaio. I have been using Windows 10 on this machine successfully for over a year. Here are the exact symptoms:

I boot up the laptop from a cold state.The boot appears normal and my personal background appears on the welcome screen with the current time and date. Normally, I would just need to click anywhere on this screen to receive my personal photo and a login prompt. Up to this point, by the way, I have not heard the Windows dah-dah-di-dah-hmmmm sound.When I click on the welcome screen, the background stays, but seems to zoom in slightly. No personal picture appears, no login prompt appears. The only icons are the WiFi icon and the accommodations icon for visually impaired. Both of these icons function normally, but nothing else does, not ctrl-alt-delete. Not the enter key. Nothing.Eventually, after about a minute, the welcome screen with the date and time returns, but clicking produces the same result as before.I am forced to hold down the power key until the computer shuts down and then press it again to boot.At this point, the process usually proceeds normally (with the dah-dah-di-dah-hmmmm sound) and the login screen with my (circular) photo appears and the login proceeds normally.Other strangeness: I am unable to verify my identity on the computer because clicking on Verify produces a Windows security error: We couldn't sign you in."I tried resetting the Windows explorer advanced internet options, and it didn't help.I added SSL 3.0 to the checked internet options, and it didn't help.
I am afraid that all of these forced shut-downs will eventually degrade the performance of my computer. Help!!

Additional information: I tried to solve the forced shutdown issue by changing the function of the power button from sleep to shut down. However, this type of shutdown brings the problem right back. I have to hold the power button to completely turn off the computer, then the next boot produces the windows sound and the login screen appears normally. Also, I solved the verification issue by creating another administrator on the computer and was able to verify my identity using the new user.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/64008-periodically-there-no-login-prompt-login-screen-cant-verify.html
Relevancy 35.69%

For example http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3021917 takes me to https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=...1033&id=288908
I have checked it in Windows 7 64 bit fully patched and tried Firefox and IE11 and also on another computer running Windows XP also fully patched
I ran a full virus check with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes which didn't flag anything up
However my Windows 7 machine is dual boot with Vista which is way out of date as I never use it and trying in Vista it doesn't redirect but takes me to the support site
I have tried starting in safe mode with Windows 7 and that didn't help neither did removing all relevant cookies or disabling Kaspersky

A:Can't access support.microsoft.com without login at login.live.com

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Are you looking to upgrade to win-8 or 10 on this machine ?
That particular update is an interesting one,
Pretty much a snoop "if you will" to access and send info back to Microsoft about your machine.

Are you connecting to the internet wirelessly ?
You can always try No add-ons by typing that in the start menu search box to test.
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/361342-cant-access-support-microsoft-com-without-login-login-live-com.html