Windows Support Forum

Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Q: Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all
I just bought a leguang N-120 usb wifi wlan card out door antenna for my windows 7 dell laptop. It works great getting 4 bars from 2000 feet away.I need to know where I can find a wireless router for it so I can use it on other computers in house. I tried using mhotspot but cannot get it to work.

A:leguang n-120 wifi usb wlan card need wireless router

From website, it seems pretty straight forward to set up.

Maybe you need to disable the on-board wireless, in case you haven't done that yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371865-leguang-n-120-wifi-usb-wlan-card-need-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok here s my situation I have a client I m dealing with and he wants a wireless webcam setup Windows XP bit desktop Clean works fine He has this cable modem SMC Networks - SMC -BIZ EZ Wifi work. Getting router Cam to Linksys & Connect And this ARRIS Product Catalog Touchstone Telephony Modem TM G Which are each hooked up to a split coaxial cable And this router Linksys by Cisco - WRT G Support And this camera Amazon com D-Link DCS- L mydlink-Enabled Wireless N Network Camera Camera amp Photo And wants the camera to go wireless so he can login and remote-monitor I re-routed the connection from the SMC to the linksys then from Getting Linksys router & Wifi Cam to work. the linksys Getting Linksys router & Wifi Cam to work. to the camera Everything lights up but it will not recognize the router or the camera when I type in the IP of either Camera Getting Linksys router & Wifi Cam to work. requires plugging itself into the ethernet network upon installation I ve tried many different solutions as well as calling tech support for the camera He is open to replacing any of the equipment if needed but this would go much faster and get me paid sooner if I could get these devices to talk to each other Tried logging into the camera s IP no dice Tried logging into the modem no dice Camera is recognized but will not complete setup and I haven t even gotten to the long-distance configuration stage yet Any ideas Been a tech for a while but have tried many solutions up to this point Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Getting Linksys router & Wifi Cam to work.

Everything lights up but it will not recognize the router or the camera when I type in the IP of either.Click to expand...

This is with a computer connected to the Linksys router? Are you using dynamic addressing on the computer, and cannot access the router's config pages using the Default Gateway?

With a PC and the camera connected to the Linksys router, and the router connected to nothing else but electricity, please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

Looking ahead for when we get this part working, what IP address subnet is the SMC modem/router using? If it is the same as the Linksys you will need to change one of them if you want to cascade the routers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-linksys-router-wifi-cam-to-work.977660/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all I am new to this forum hope I am posting this right I have a hp laptop which has do don't when wifi, but sites work Some to on hardwired router Windows Vista Home prem and a desktop with Window XP SP both have AVAST The Problem This started a few weeks I am unable to access some websites on my laptop which is connected via wifi to my belkin router The websites are general websites like quot BUSINESSINSIDER quot or quot Wiki Answers quot some forum they are like normal website but some others like yahoo youtube streeteasy realtor com work fine but zillow doesn t come up I usually use Opera browser which displays the message quot Could not locate remote server quot Chrome displays quot Unable to access the network quot Error net ERR NETWORK Some sites don't work on wifi, but do when hardwired to router CHANGED A network change was detected But most other websites work fine on the same wifi connection When I hardwire my laptop to the router or while using the desktop everything works fine all the websites work I have tried turning of the Web shield and network shield on the laptop when connected via wifi but no go Could really use some help and thank you for taking your time to read through this P S Please ask if you need additional info nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-sites-dont-work-on-wifi-but-do-when-hardwired-to-router.1097978/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Short story even shorter there was a semi-power outage this morning lights were very dim but power wasn Linksys - WRT54G ALL. via internet Solved: light access WLAN AT no off router router t totally off and when the power came back on my router stopped working Here s what I know -The WLAN LED is no longer lit so there s no wireless That orange CiscoSystems button is no longer glowing orange either if that means much -For some odd reason a Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL. wired connection through any of the ethernet ports on the router no longer works either though the LED s still light up when connected along with the internet LED -The modem works fine I m connected to the internet directly from the modem right now -I ve tried to reset the router but it doesn t seem to do anything -I ve tried to access the router config settings and the page doesn t load -I ve tried to look up the routers ip address through the command prompt but when I enter the command quot ipconfig quot when I m wired through the router I always get the response something along the lines of quot media disconnected quot When I try the command when connected directly to the modem the default gateway ip address comes up as This doesn t work either I ve been searching the web for solutions for hours and I can t find one This is actually the first time I ve ever had to post a thread asking for help and I ve experienced a slew of computer problems over the years lol It may very well be that the router is fried but I m just trying to exhaust my options I ll appreciate it to no end if someone can help me solve this problem in a way that doesn t require me to buy a new one lol Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54g-router-wlan-light-off-no-internet-access-via-router-at-all.960352/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I recently bought dlink D2750U WIFI ADSL modem/router, for my ADSL internet connection.

But I have now changed my ISP, who provide internet via cable(not telephone line). The ISP guy provides a cable modem(old modem) along with it.

I have connected my PC this way:
Cable modem -> Router -> PC through RJ45. I am able to access internet from my PC, but I am not able to get wifi working on the router. And I am logging onto internet through a dial up connection.
Questions:
1) Please help in configuring the router to get wifi working.
2) Also, my default gateway seems to be either 0.0.0.0 or blank. So, I am not able to login to the modem unless I remove the modem connection. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong here.

Here are a few more details:
Output of ipconfig: http://pastebin.com/Zr9Eb7L7

A:Using dlink D2750U Wifi Modem/Router As a Wifi Router

Hey Narain. The D-Link unit you have appears to be a combo unit (modem and wireless router) since it connects straight to the RJ-11 phone line. This unit won't work with an ISP that provides service by way of coax cable. The D-Link will work if you want to use DSL, but you need a cable service compatible modem or combo modem/router if you use cable service.

ftp://support.dlink.co.in/broadband/DSL-2750U/manual/DSL-2750U_C1_Manual_IN_1.00.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-dlink-d2750u-wifi-modem-router-as-a-wifi-router.199643/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I have an HP pavillion desktop s f with Atheros a b g n Dualband Wireless Module and D-Link router DIR- My numerous Laptops and iPhons iPads work fine but "n" Atheros doesn't router work Wifi with adapter this desktop which is further away from the router in another room about meters only shows - bars of wifi First I bought a Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router big additional D-Link antenna Ghz Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router but it didn't really help - sometimes connction shows bars I was told this antenna should help a lot Then I checked with my router settings and saw that the HP Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router uses quot g quot connection when everything else uses quot n quot I even set it to only use quot n quot but still it shows the HP using quot g quot I updated the driver Atheros for AR B but it didn't help I have quot n quot enabled in Atheros in Device manager Now I'm lost and can't think of anything else that can be a problem and or how to fix it I don't have any thick walls between the router and the HP my iPhone seems to work in this room just fine Please help THANK YOU

A:Atheros Wifi adapter doesn't work with "n" router

Out of curoisity, are you suffering any symptoms of lack of signal qualities (glitchy video/slow connectivity)?

And what speed does the HP Desktop show it being connected at?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201016-atheros-wifi-adapter-doesnt-work-n-router.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My WLAN button on my compaq presario cq57 is not working how can I turn on my wifi from my computer?

A:Wifi WLAN button not working

First check the status of your adapter in Device Manager, then if that is OK go to Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center. In the upper left corned, click on Change Adapter Settings, then look at the status of the adapter; right click it and see if the option to Enable is available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wlan-button-not-working.1155517/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Having a WLAN problem with our Dell XPS Z running Windows Home Premium When I click on the network connections icon in the task bar it lists only Dial-up and VPN but gives no WiFi options This problem started several months ago WLAN connect - WiFi issue can't but I ve ignored it WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect until now The problem is not our router as I am currently connected to our wifi network using on another WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect laptop The problem laptop is able to connect to the internet through the router with WLAN issue - WiFi can't connect an ethernet cable If I go to Network Connections in the control panel it lists Wireless Network Connection and indicates the hardware is Intel Centrino Advanced N Here are things I ve tried to do so far none of which has resolved the problem - Ran MalwareBytes and AVG no problems found - Disable and re-enable the Wireless Network Connection Result no change - Diagnose the Wireless Network Connection Result Problems found the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer Not fixed - In Device Manager checked the Intel adapter - says it is working properly Tried updating the driver says it s the most up to date driver - Ran netsh winsock reset int ipv reset and int ipv reset and restarted the computer Result no change - System restore Looked into it but didn t do it because all the saved restore points are after the problem started - Ran services msc and tried to start the WLAN AutoConfig Result Error The authentivation service is unknown - Ran the System File Checker tool Result found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them Checking the log I searched for cannot repair but nothing comes up Searching for cannot in the logs turns up some cases of cannot verify component files for Microsoft-Windows-Security-Kerberos Search for corrupt turns up nothing - Tried the things listed here http www justanswer com software fr d-hello-again-molinari-i-question-you html For the first set of suggestions - the start entries in the Ndisuio folders were already at Deleted text as instructed in quot DependOnService quot and EapHost quot and restarted the computer Result no change - For the second set of suggestions on that page making changes to specific services in services msc I got the same exact results as that person except that this fixed their problem but not mine Notably I could not find Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol and for Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and Remote Access Connection Manager I get Error The dependency service or group failed to start I then tried to start Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service as suggested It says it started then stopped Some services stop automatically if not in use by other services or programs That s what I ve tried I see that Native wifi filter or NDIS usermode io protocol are listed in the dependencies for the WLAN AutoConfig and these services are not showing up in my services list Any chance this is part of the problem If so how do I resolve that Any other suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

win 7 pro
I have an old Internet Gateway - with access point
Thomson TG585 v7 , b/g WiFi + Ethernet 100Mbps

I have installed XAMPP local server

WLAN IP 192.168.10.X worked in the past i think - access XAMPP WEB PAGES - from mobiles wireless devices, but now not work...
I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN Ethernet?
Although my mobile devices get WiFi i have only one connection - access point not shown in Network Connections win 7... ONLY GIGABIT ETHERNET SHOWN But as said mobile devices get online without problem.

how access XAMPP files from Mobile Devices on WLAN?

http://192.168.10.8/OOJS/index.html this works in pc but not on mobile

A:I have to have two IPs one for access point WiFi WLAN and one for LAN

I think prior 1mo or so i could access from mobile... via WLAN.

PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO HERE:
Find your computer's IP address - Windows Help

HAS BOTH LAN AND WLAN CONNECTIONS IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS , AND FINDS IP FOR WLAN.

Well why me only LAN IN NETWORK CONNECTIONS not WLAN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342273-i-have-have-two-ips-one-access-point-wifi-wlan-one-lan.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My laptop used to be connected

1. wirelessly to a wireless router and
2. physically to a switch via ethernet cable to access other PCs on site

For years, I was able to

1. enjoy wireless internet access and
2. transfer big files to my other PCs via ethernet, having prioritised the LAN connection

All was well. After two months absence from work, I found the wireless router was broken, so I bought two new ones, same model as before, just in case. Windows 7 Enterprise also updated in the meantime.

Now, when the ethernet cable is plugged in, I have no wireless internet access ("Attempting to Authenticate... forever); when the ethernet cable is not plugged in, I have instant wireless access.

What could I do? I am puzzled... Thanks in advance for any advice!

A:Ethernet LAN and WIFI / WLAN not working simultaneously

Hi ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ... Some Laptops have a feature in the BIOS which will enable both connections ...

You should check there first especially if you Laptop is an HP ...

Also check out the Solutions in the Link below ...
How to use Wireless and Wired Connection both at a same time in Windows 7? - Super User

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363638-ethernet-lan-wifi-wlan-not-working-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, Need Network Drivers (WLAN, WIFI, etc) for HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab15nr on Windows 7 ? Please let me know from where i can download it. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-Network-Drivers-WLAN-WIFI-etc-for-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5753295
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi fellas First of all sorry if some of you find this thread duplicate but I couldn't find one closely related to my case And the case is as follows On my HP dv - eq laptop with Atheros WiFi chipset the WiFi 'WLAN 'random' autoconfig' to dissconnects due WiFi connection drops at 'random' intervals after the laptop has been started The only thing that solves this issue albeit for short is manually disabling and then re-enabling the WLAN device from Network Adapters This manifested few months ago alas I didn't recall what I might have changed back then Sometimes it drops almost immediately after boot sometimes it takes hours to do so WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig' The lappy has user accounts Exactly the same behavior on all three of them Now the only thing I could see as a possible reason from the event logs is that right before the drop an event 'WLAN Autoconfig has successfully stopped ' occurs Without any further explanation So far when I boot in Safe Mode with Networking this issue doesn't present itself for as many hours as the laptop runs Tried disabling few programs firewall antivir etc but still the same Any help is highly appreciated and I am ready to fully cooperate Thanks

A:WiFi 'random' dissconnects due to 'WLAN autoconfig'

Hi dstoynev,

By any chance are you using a Wireless Manager for your laptop?

If you have not done this yet, please remove all wireless profiles stored in your computer.
Easy Way to Delete Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7
Re add your SSID (wireless network) that you're trying to connect to with the correct encryption.

Have you updated your Wi-Fi adapter's driver to the latest by downloading it from the manufacturer's site?

If none of the above suggestions worked please install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector from one of your wireless computers. Double click the Xirrus Icon on your Desktop, Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached the file here.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212523-wifi-random-dissconnects-due-wlan-autoconfig.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have 135Mbps link speed support ADSL WI-FI router. I have enabled 802.11b+g+n wireless mode and use 20+40 MHz on my router. I use "WAP-PSK" authentication. In addition to that, have a 2.4 & 5 GHz frequency support router and client device.

But my network connection display (WLAN) I have a 54Mbps link speed, why is that? How do I use 135Mbps or at least 100Mbps link speed? Is it a some configuration issue? My Ethernet connection show full speed (100Mbps).

(I'm not talking about my internet connection speed).

A:Help me to use full speed my WiFi connection ( WLAN)

Brand and model of the router and the wifi card or usb thats in your PC might help, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270919-help-me-use-full-speed-my-wifi-connection-wlan.html
Relevancy 54.61%

This is an old iPAQ Compaq HNW- pcmcia card I m trying to install under XP w sp You can skip Transport Solved: ? - WLAN WiFi Required Is for It everything else as I am just curious IF How to install the WLAN transport under Network Properties These are the drivers links I have Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ? used I m pretty sure all one needs is the newest Apr driver utility the Microsoft website didn t list anything for me once I had these installed http hp mydriversdownload com hp- -for-Windows-XP-Hom-Edition html http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-windows-xp-driver htm TITLE Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card Driver for Windows XP Version V Dec Operating System s Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Windows XP Professional File name sp exe MB Download Download DESCRIPTION This contains the Windows XP driver for the Compaq iPAQ Wireless PC Card for use with any computer running Windows XP that has a PCMCIA slot This is the same driver that was in SoftPaq SP but it is packaged differently for easier installation LANGUAGE S English ENHANCEMENT S - New deployment for easier installation More details available in README TXT file unpacked when SoftPaq is executed http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm http www wireless-driver com download hp compaq-hp-ipaq- mbps-wireless-pc-card-driver-utility htm PART NUMBER - A- Device Name Compaq Mbps Wireless PC Card Device ID PCMCIA COMPAQ- MBPS WIRELESS PC CARD- B TITLE iPAQ Mbps Wireless PC Card Driver and Configuration Utility VERSION Rev C Apr File name sp exe MB DOES NOT SAY XP I also found this updated link for the sp http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp product amp sw lang amp key null amp site null Now originally i noted this did not work for XP Wellllllll the information now contained inside the notes says it does I was able to install the drivers without fuss drivers first then insert the card and all seemed well without any issue but I never did try to connect It had listed that it seen some networks But once I noticed that WLAN was not listed under the Network Properties Control Panel -- gt Start -- gt Run -- gt ncpa cpl i aborted and started doing some referencing I thought WLAN was a requirement for MS Windows So really my only question is will wifi work without WLAN or what issues can one expect Thank You nbsp

A:Solved: WLAN Transport - Is It Required for WiFi ?

Well, I tried the update/control package/driver called SP20429. Needless to say it did nothing! There are sites listing this as a compatible XP driver. BS!

What did work was this item from the Microsoft Windows Update site (auto detected)

( www.update.microsoft.com ) :

"GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24

GemTek Technology Co., Ltd - Networking - Compaq 11 Mbps Wireless Pc Card
Date last published: 5/17/2004
Compaq Corporation Net Driver Version 2.10.24"

As you can see it lists this as a Gemtek Taiwan product for this Compaq/iPAQ HNW-100.

Normaly, you are suppose to install the drivers THEN insert this Pcmcia card. Well, you have to do just the opposite if you want the MS update site to find the driver. Insert the card and have another connection to the internet to access the website.

Or, find this file "SP19978.exe" (i found it searching online/links listed) it should get you online to check for further MS updates. The version info on the sp19978 file should be a newer item as its version is noted as v2.10.29.1029. Whether the release date of DEC 14, 2001 I've referenced is correct is unknown. Note that you could have issues if you have more then one connection and you may need to reboot. The original versions of XP and some products are a pain in the arse to make work.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS EITHER NOT CORRECT, OUTDATED, OR requires some other pertinent setting (i think its outdated or listed incorrectly):

For file SP20429 it does not to work. at least by itself! I have found it listed as compatible with XP but it explicity states CE and 2002 (ce?) and says nothing about XP in the install notes contained upon executing the file.

Links and info to sp20429:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...09&product=218401&sw_lang=&key=null&site=null

Description: This contains the software to support the Compaq iPAQ 11 Mbps Wireless PC Card on handheld devices using Windows CE 3.0, Windows for Pocket PC 2000, or Windows for Pocket PC 2002, and on notebooks that have an available PCMCIA slot and run Windows CE 3.0.
Details and specifications
File name: sp20429.exe [1/1, 1.24M]
Released: 2002-04-25
Version: 1.7.29 C

Compatibility: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows CE for H/PC, Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2000, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2002
Fix/Enhancement: •Supports Package For The Web.
•Allows the Wireless PC Card to be used with WEP and 802.1x encrypted access points.
--------End non-valid info

Additional correct info and settings
WLAN is "wireless Lan" is a Wireless Network Card control protocol/language. WLAN is also an additional transport protocol that may or may not be required and either will or will not be included in your driver updates, period.

With XP and later (and possibly 2k) you can control your Wifi-NiC (Wireless Network Interface Card) by opening up your "Computer Management" Snap-In control panel which is accessed by typing "compmgmt.msc" into your Start/Run box.

Then Look under "Services" and then under "Wireless Zero Config" (WZC). Once you have found it select the properties. Under this new popup window will be these required settings: set to "Auto", "Enabled", and "Started". Thats it. These settings should not require a reboot.

Need a driver to get you going? You can either try using driverguide with the above info or use the following SP19978 (2.3mb). Between this driver and using the Windows WZC controls which is very basic and requires only TCP-IP to get you up and running and you should not have issue outside the stock settings if everything is set to auto-obtain and the firewall is off (f... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wlan-transport-is-it-required-for-wifi.968078/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, the problem I have is that every time i shutdown and power back on, my Wifi, WLAN and all the USB drivers are not working.

I found all I have to do is disable and then enable the Wifi / WLAN drivers in device manager, to start them working. And I found that If I uninstall all the USB devices in device manager they then reinstall automatically.

But then when I reboot then they are not working again.

I tried a system restore to when the drivers were working but they don't change.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from Intel's website, and tried DriverMax which says the drivers are the latest version.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on a Dell Studio 1555. The Wifi / WLAN drivers are Intel.

I've tried searching on google but I haven't come across anyone with this problem. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

A:Wifi, WLAN and USB drivers disable after every reboot

re install the drivers using Dells recommended drivers http://support.dell.com/support/down...nConsent=False
hope this helps you , if you have any problems please post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/64936-wifi-wlan-usb-drivers-disable-after-every-reboot.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with my notebook Lenovo e31-70: I can't detect all wifi network around me.  Only if I am near a wifi router i can see Wifi Network.

I have intel pro Wireless, i downloaded driver from Lenovo support (17.14.1.1) and from intel .
I have windows 7 Professional 64bit

Is there any problem with Wifi wireless card?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E31-70-Wlan-problem-Notebook-wifi-detection-network/td-p/2205894
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings guys, I've run into some network issues here.  I've noticed that my wifi signal became very poor, like modem is 2 feet from me, and laptop has very poor wifi signal (it wasn't like that before). I opened the laptop to see what's going on. I saw this wifi card ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/792608-005-792200-001-GENUINE-HP-WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH-CARD-ENVY-M6-P-M6-P113DX... ) . It has 2 connectors, BUT only one antenna attached to it. Where is the other antenna ? I'm pretty sure they should always include 2 antennas ? I've tried searching for it, but i didn't want to go further and disassemble all other stuff, since i don't know if i am losing warranty by it. but from what i could see, there wasn't second antenna included. I don't know why is my signal so poor, it wasn't like this before. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/15-ac035nm-Only-one-wlan-aerial-antenna-really-poor-wifi/td-p/5743636
Relevancy 54.18%

I want to start by has no card? Do I a WLAN HELP! options?! Network new need WiFi Adapter saying I have no business trying to fix this on my own but I am determined it has to be something simple I can not pin point what I did to cause my Wi Fi to stop working or disable I have tried all the trouble shooting solutions but unfortunately my magic F button will not enable let alone show the option when ghosted I took my keyboard off and verified the Realtek RTL SE is in fact there however next to Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! Network adapters only the PCIe FE Family Controller is listed I recently tried to download the Fix offered by Toshiba and Windows restarted my computer and it is still not recognizing my Wi Fi Please tell me its an easy fix or just that I need to buy a new card Any advice is greatly appreciated But please give me the Windows Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP! for Dummies version because again I have no clue what I am doing Thanks again for any help offered Racheal

A:Do I need a new WLAN card? Network Adapter has no WiFi options?! HELP!

Under network adapters, I included all the "Hidden Devices" in the screen capture! However the Family Controller is the only one listed otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/206288-do-i-need-new-wlan-card-network-adapter-has-no-wifi-options-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi
Further to an update to windows 10 that totally screwed my laptop, I had to reinstall windows 7 (from another disk than original) and then to re install all the drivers.
I downloaded all from the sites :chipset, lan, wifi.... And everything was ok but the wifi : there is no wifi card regonized by the system
i have only a "!" on the driver (network controller)
help would be most appreciated and thanked
Kind regards

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91719-WiFi-WLan-driver-problem-on-Satellite-L505
Relevancy 54.18%

guys this one has me stumped cold. Dell Inspiron laptop, very clean software wise, had original mini-card [internal] which could not detect any wifi networks - known good wifi AP's. All the windows checked showed the device working properly but I finally replaced it with one of the better "n" cards out there. Same thing all over again. Put it right next to a working AP, cannot detect a thing. Antennae is hooked up properly.

If I plug a good WIFI stick into USB, it works immediately, no drama.

I have no idea what is preventing this from detecting anything. What should I be looking for?

A:WLAN Mini-card Good, but cannot detect WIFI ??

Hi zapp22,

It appears that the 'Wireless Card' is currently 'Disabled'; please check its status in 'BIOS' and 'enable' it if needed. To access 'BIOS' you may follow the steps listed below:
- Power off the laptop > Power it back on and at 'Dell splash screen', repeatedly tap 'F 2 key' (BIOS screen should appear) > Usually 'Dell Inspiron' laptops have a 'category' named 'Advanced' > Ensure that WLAN is enabled > 'Save Settings' and 'Exit'
(Note: BIOS setup may vary based on different laptop models)

If the wireless card still does not detect any networks in 'Windows', try tapping <Function><F2> or only <F2> if the previous key combination does not work. This is the 'radio control' for the 'Wireless Card' installed in the system.

Hope this helps. Do reply with the finding; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271108-wlan-mini-card-good-but-cannot-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
I want to transfer files between 2 Laptops over WLAN but without a Router.
How to do it?
WiFi Direct? How do it work in Windows 10?
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67190-how-connect-pc-over-wlan-without-router.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Will a N router connect with a windows vista B/G WLAN? If so, then will the speed be faster or the same as a b/g connection will be and what would be the best router to get?

A:Connecting WLAN b/g with an n router

the speed will be at whatever the lowest connection is - so if you use a B that 11, G 54 etc
But you need to set the router up to support mix types (they have a drop down for this in most) otherwise it will only work with N if set for N

I cant suggest a particular make, I'll wait for one of the netwrok gurus to answer and reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wlan-b-g-with-an-n-router.867286/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi ok just to start im a beginner so bear with me i have a speedtouch v wireless router on AOL in england and i have been using my DELL Inspiron laptop vista home premium with their built in wireless card just fine for about months But recently I have not been able to connect to the router my laptop says it has a low wireless signal and the router is not responding even though im sitting next to it arghh i hope anybody can help me if not its alright many thanks EDIT message to TERRYNET how do i reset my router to its default factory settings I have an xbox connected via an ethernet cable and an OLD and i mean old working, help please me!!! not WLAN on router Toshiba laptop using the same ethernet as the xbox so only one can connect at a single time sometimes a psp and my laptop connected to the router I havnt used the laptop with any other network I saw another thread with the same sort of propblem cos i put my laptop in sleep and or hibernate a lot so tht mite be the problem but im not so sure many thanks again nbsp

A:WLAN on router not working, please help me!!!

Are you sure whether this is a router or an adapter problem? Is there another computer connecting to your network, or have you tried your laptop on another wireless network?

If it's the router it may be failing. Reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Sometimes this brings them back to life, at least for a while.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-on-router-not-working-please-help-me.703733/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a hopefully rather basic problem with the configuration of my new D-Link router DIR- Now what I had in mind was rather simple but apparently I don t + Router configuration ICS LAN/WLAN know the correct settings to achieve it A lack of knowlegde on my side I guess I have some experience setting up simple networks ICS + LAN/WLAN Router configuration with a few windows computers and broadband modems but the last time was some time ago and this one here seems to be a bit more complicated than I thought I have one PC Win Ultimate with a G modem via USB and want to use this computer PC and the G connection to act as the internet connection using ICS for my home network This computer now connects to the new D-Link router via LAN I want to use this router to connect the other devices in this network LAN WLAN with PC so they can also use this internet connection via ICS and also for the other basic network uses file sharing printing The setup of ICS was not a problem I think and the local network LAN WLAN is working alright but how do I have to configure the router so he quot knows quot that all internet traffic is going through the G connection ICS at PC LAN port and not its WAN port which is empty while maintaining the functionality of the network file sharing printer of course FYI I want to use PC with G for my internet connection because I want need the VPN connection I have installed on this PC While there are a few WLAN- router out there that can handle G modems I don t know any that also have a VPN tunnel integrated into their software And even if there are router that could handle both I guess I would have to spend more for those than I would like Which is why I prefer to use PC with ICS and the VPN tunnel to connect my network to the internet I thought that this would be a basic task for any router but could the problem be that this router may have been designed to primarily connect to the internet using the WAN port Using ICS on a computer on a LAN port may not be automatically supported or so it seems and requires additional or different settings or I simply don t know how to do it yet This might also help WWW --- G --- PC --- DIR- --- PC PC printer media server TV LAN WLAN DIR- IP Address Subnet Mask DHCP Server Enabled DHCP Range - PC IP Address currently As I said I have some experience with networks but that was a while ago and I am not sure if I remember everything correctly so to be on the save side please keep your answers simple If I need more technical details we can cover those a bit later in this thread as needed or I will simply ask you to clarify or explain more detailed Secondary question Since I am using a different media server WLAN for media streaming to my TV should I turn off the media server function of the DIR- Does that make no difference or would that have an effect positive or negative on my network performance stability Thank you very much Any help with this is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

hi
when i buy satellite c50-b892 its windows 8.10 but recent i setup windows 7 but now i cant install wifi and bluethoot driver and cant connect it.
i try to download driver but its not work can help me plz

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90031-Can-t-setup-WiFi-WLAN-and-Bluetooth-driver-on-Satellite-C50-b892
Relevancy 53.32%

Assume I have two computers A and B which are connected (through WLAN/Wifi router) in an inhouse net.

Now I have to transfer huge file archives (> 10 GB) from A to B and other huge file archives from B to A.

I could either do this file transfers
1) in parallel (=start copying files from A to B and from B to A at the same time)
or
2) wait until file copying from A to B is finished and then start B to A.

What is faster?

I could imagine that protocol overhead and interrupts in case 1 could slow down throughput.
On the other hand I could use in case 1 unused upload capacity into the opposite direction during download.

Any recommendations for this scenario?

Peter

A:Paralell WLAN/Wifi file transfer slower than sequential?

Safer is point 2.
It may use some RAM or pagefile to store the buffer.
Read is faster than Write.

Go to a shop deal with cable.
Ask for twisted cable where you can joint both computer, to able to see both.
Ask the staff as they will explain more in detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399136-paralell-wlan-wifi-file-transfer-slower-than-sequential.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Friends I've been running into issues with wifi connectivity ever since the Fall update of Windows Symptons typically include first a limited connection yellow icon and second no connection available red icon This typically happens with - minutes after startup Rebooting helps sporadically In addition I have tried the following netsh int ip reset netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled netsh int tcp help issues wanted Wlan 10 - 802.11n card wifi connectivity - Windows set global autotuninglevel disabled netsh int tcp set global rss enabled This works upon reboot however symptons continue to appear again Here are the specifics about my system Windows HomeVersion - OS Build - x n Wlan Card more information below Drivers updated through DriverTalent Driver management program reporting version -- gt Device manager gt Network adapter gt n Wlan card reports version Windows updated installed KB dec and KB dec Hardware Model Asus X LA Intel Core i - GHZ GB RAM Intel HD Graphics Network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family controler - ethernet Hardware ID PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV amp E F amp amp E I tried reinstalling Windows several times even rolling back to Windows however symptons continue to Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted appear Also I've tried to update adapter drivers through device managers but symptons continue to appear The registry key wipe reg delete HKCR CLSID f -a ad- bf- - cbbc ba va f amp netcfg -v -u dni dne as a result I got an error reporting back 'ERROR Invalid key name' I ve been struggling with this issue for several weeks so any help suggestions is very much appreciated When running the trouble shooters on Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted the 'no connection' it generates the following output report The Wlan card 802.11n Windows 10 - wifi connectivity issues - help wanted default gateway is not availableThe default gateway is not available The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Not fixed Not Fixed Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed Issues found Detection details Problem with wireless adapter or access point Not fixed Not Fixed Reset the wireless adapter Failed Investigate router or access point issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all of the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device back on or plug it back into the power outlet To restart a router or access point that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router If that does not help try using a different cable The default gateway is not available Not fixed Not Fixed The default gateway is a device that connects a local network or computer to the Internet A broadband modem or router is usually the default gateway Investigate router or broadband modem issues Failed If you're connected to a hotspot or domain network contact the network administrator Otherwise Unplug or turn off the device Once all the lights on the device are off wait at least seconds Turn the device on or plug it back in to the power outlet To restart a router or modem that has a built-in battery press and quickly release the Reset button Reset the quot WiFi quot adapter Completed This can sometimes resolve an intermittent problem InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name D FB C-AF - A- AE-DB F F BF Repair etl Detection details Expand Inf... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34787-wlan-card-802-11n-windows-10-wifi-connectivity-issues-help-wanted.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all,

Should i go for 1000 bit or is 100 enough?

Should i go for N or is G enough?

I will use it at home.

Thank you for your time

A:Few questions bout wlan router

Quote: Originally Posted by Boris

Hi all,

Should i go for 1000 bit or is 100 enough?

Should i go for N or is G enough?

I will use it at home.

Thank you for your time

Hello Boris.

When planning for a home network, the first bandwidth restriction is from your ISP. How fast is your connection? 3MB/s 6MB/s more? A 10/100 router will max at 100MB/s ten times faster than your Internet speed. A 1000/100/10 router just means you can send data faster between the computers in your home network. Is that important to you? It won't improve your Internet speed until we get fiber optic 1GB/s or better.

For wireless, G would be OK but wireless gets better every day. You may be able to update the "firmware" of a router for a while, but soon you will have to buy a newer one for faster speed and more security. Current G wireless is 54MB/s still faster than your Internet.

In my opinion, it comes down to do you want to spend money now for the newest, or save until a better model is for sale? Something like buying a computer. It may be new today, in 6 months it is old.

Happy surfing!

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22674-few-questions-bout-wlan-router.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i have EVDO connection, i live in pakistan and i have worldcall wireless USB device to connect to internet, which i plug in to my laptop to connect to internet...before that i had ADSL connection to connect to,via router and then using my laptop WLAN to connect,and i had an option to connect my laptop as well as my iphone too.
but now,i dont know how can i connect my iphone to internet,as my way of connecting is wireless USB EVDO device and of course it cannot be attached to router (as it is USB n 2ndly i have to dial) so please tell me some way,i can make my laptop as router to connect my iphone to internet too..

A:Urgent help....how to use laptop WLAN as router?

You have to use ICS....

Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

I know it saids vista, but its about the same in 7 as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/84811-urgent-help-how-use-laptop-wlan-router.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok to make things as clear as possible Equipment Used I am using - Belkin Router Constantly WLAN drops a Belkin g Wireless Router - quot g quot Along with a WIRE Modem provided by Telstra Bigpond Australia Not sure what model it s not a modem router just a plain modem Now I bought the Belkin Router - WLAN Constantly drops Belkin router and it s an Australian Model as seen here PROBLEM Brief The connection from my computer to the internet drops every few mins for a few seconds About - Detailed Life Story I had Optus net using a motorola netstream modem prior on the OptusNet ISP quot DSL quot network After some problems with payment money issues I upgraded to Telstra Bigpond s ADSL Network Now supplied with the new modem stated above I installed it normally then attached it to the router once I finished configuring it using the ISP s provided CD The Internet was working fine for the first few hours and I didn t notice any dropouts or what ever Maybe because I wasn t very attentive A couple days later I started noticing drop outs frequently ie D Cing from MSN Downloads Stopping Firefox not loading during the drop causing me to refresh D C during Counterstrike Games Now I thought it was the modem at first so I did the process of elimination and directly connected the modem to my computer Removed the router from the equation and BAM no dropouts Only problem is now my sister has no net So obviously I have to reconnect the router on to and blah blah blah So then I checked out my router s settings Accessed gt login gt etcetc quot Connection Types quot It was on Dynamic I changed it to quot Telstra Bigpond quot and of course it s still not working END Sorry for mega long rant problem What are the possible problems And obviously how can I fix it And so side notes I had this problem on optusnet dsl before but it was only when I was torrenting for some weird reason Other wise that s all note on note i m not currently torrent running only msn aim admuncher steam and firefox programs which are visibly online and still get D Ced Thanks alot in future edit whilst writing typing this i had dropout edit again added extra info nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi this is my first post here so i hope u ll go nice on me My private network is configured like this ADSL ISP - gt Fedora Core server router - gt switched network to one linux workstation and my win Suse workstation As i bought a nokia N mobile Linux up server/router WLAN behind Setting and also got a free Zyxel Wifi router from my ISP i thought that i ll set up the wlan now But thinks aint working as planed ie not working at all i use Setting up WLAN behind Linux server/router static ip troughout my LAN and i connected the zyxel to the switch after my linux server configurating it like my computers with static ip ie gateway as the linux router and DNS as my ISP uses Setting up WLAN behind Linux server/router For a test to see if i got out trough the server i conf the LANpart in the router to since the WAN and Setting up WLAN behind Linux server/router LAN are reprecent seperat NIC this shouldnt be a problem anyhow it didnt work and neither did the WLAN i read in some article that u need to use subnet to get this to work but i have a hard time beliving that also is there a way i can reach the LAN trough the WiFi i only want it as an access point in part of the excisting LAN but thats maybe impossible with WLAN routers please give me some tips on configuration my head is acheing and i cant think clearly nbsp

A:Setting up WLAN behind Linux server/router

Disable DHCP in the router and connect it you your LAN on one of its LAN ports (not WAN port). It will act as just an access point now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-wlan-behind-linux-server-router.632463/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello there I am very new to the site and would like to take the opportunity to say thank you for reading up on my forum Now onto the question Well I recently purchased a new ipod Touch for my birthday and planned on using Wi-Fi internet for my touch when I m around the house My sister had a router that had not before been in much use the WRT G Linksys router so to save money we decided to use that Well we plugged in the router on October th friday and everything was working -- we had Wifi connection the WLAN light on the Linksys router was lit up Now last night October th right before going to bed I shut down my computer and I unplugged my computer cable I did not unplugg the router This morning as soon as I turned back on my computer as soon as it was done booting up I noticed the WLAN button on the router was not lit up I immediately pulled out my ipod and it said that I was not connected to Wifi All day I have been unplugging on appearing WLAN Router. not Solved: HELP? light the Solved: WLAN light not appearing on Router. HELP? router modem replugging them in only to find that the WLAN button is still not lighting The other buttons on the router - power internet and out of are lit I have only tried rebooting the modem router computer once which was about ten minutes ago and still nothing helped Is there any way to get my Wifi back The router is pretty much brand new having never really been in use to begin with Please help ASAP - Thank you very much Ickabod nbsp

A:Solved: WLAN light not appearing on Router. HELP?

Reset the router to factory default settings. If the wireless still does not work the router is defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wlan-light-not-appearing-on-router-help.1021499/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am currently stationed in Germany, and live in a village that has horrible internet. I cannot stream netflix, hulu, and downloads take several hours.

Is there a way to combine the internet that my cell phone receives and the wifi router I have at home to increase speed?

I have the ability to create a wifi hotspot from my cell phone if this helps.

Just something I thought up in my head, and wanted to find out if it is possible. Thanks in advance.

A:Combining Wifi Hotspot and Router Wifi for faster internet

You can, try this http://www.octopusplus.com/download.jsp or http://www.connectify.me/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combining-wifi-hotspot-and-router-wifi-for-faster-internet.1099511/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello using the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit v SDK i compiled the WirelessHostedNetwork Example I use the adapters multiple wlanapi.dll HostedNetwork WLAN network WIFI / native | | physical Native Wifi Functions in wlanapi dll As in the wireless Hosted Network Example described I open a quot WlanOpenHandle quot initialize with quot WlanHostedNetworkInitSettings quot wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters set the SSID name quot SetConnectionSettings quot and the password with quot SetSecondaryKey quot With quot WirelessHostednetworkStartUsing quot and quot WlanHostedNetworkStopUsing quot i can Start wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters Stop the Virtual wlanapi.dll / native WIFI | HostedNetwork | multiple physical WLAN network adapters AcessPoint In the Network and Sharing Center there is allways a quot Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter quot created However we have the scenario that the computer has more then only one physical WLAN network adapter installed Therefore we want to assign a certain physical wireless network card to the WirelessHostedNetwork Using the quot WlanEnumInterfaces quot function it is possible to enumerate all physical wireless network cards and its GUID on the computer However it has not possible to assign a certain wireless network card to the wlanHandle I got after quot WlanOpenHandle quot It is also required to configure the IP address range of the WirelessHostedNetwork By default this is set always to XXX nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks a lot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee0bf9ed-1f54-458b-ba04-c20541dcdda4/wlanapidll-native-wifi-hostednetwork-multiple-physical-wlan-network-adapters?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello WEll i have a little problem VERY big which is very annoying My father has bought a new speed line for our house mbit Then it turned out that our house is too far and they can only make our internet like mbit Okay So yesterday they I think turned off our internet to make it a better one Then they just left us with the same speed But the problem is that doesn't WLAN work My my WLAN doesn t work I cannot connect to my router with my both laptops Though my PC is connected to the router by a wire and works like a charm I have a SpeedTouch ST WLT modem by Telenor I rung rang what ever to the service of telenor but they did not helped me by anything And the service working time has closed before minutes and will only open tomorrow and i do need the internet today badly So is there any way to turn my WLAN on so it will work The lamp lights looks like everything works but it doesn t thanks for any help and ask me for any details i have missed nbsp

A:My WLAN doesn't work

Ehhm....

Now i have another problem... I've managed to get my Sony laptop with Windows 7 connect to the WLAN, setting to WEP and shared. But on my other laptop, with Windows XP, that doesn't connect to the WLAN, thought i have set the same settings as in the windows 7 laptop. IS there anything i miss to enter? The code is right, i know that...

THanks for any further help :>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wlan-doesnt-work.148329/
Relevancy 52.03%

Can anyone help, I am with AOL and have been for a long while now. Since about July I have been having problems maintaining my internet connection. sometimes I can get on and the wlan light remains lit then it starts flashing and off goes my internet connection, for the last two weeks everything was fine then two nights ago off it goes again. I try ringing AOL and go through all the checks and get cut off about 3 times before they transfer me to talk talk who put me in a queue and don't answer. does anyone have a solution for this, i'm paying aol for a service i can't use and can't afford either the time or money to be on the phone for 2 hours at a time. Tammy x

A:d-link router losing wlan connectivity to internet

Does the loss of connection happen regularly?

Are you at a location where wireless signals may not reach your PC? Walls, distance in general, other devices, and a billion other things can cause interference and a loss of wireless signal. You may want to purchase some "boosters" for your wireless router.

If your connection is dropping and you're right next to the wireless router, then there may be another problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-losing-wlan-connectivity-to-internet.962200/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys After several hours in vain searching the internet for a similar case - and its solution I now turn to you The source of my problem the way I see it is my SMC router SMCWBR T-G WLAN router to stops internet? working is if connected My problem is that my two computers my wireless music player cannot connect to the wireless network whenever the quot internet cable quot is plugged into the WAN socket of the router If I unplug the quot internet WLAN stops working if router is connected to internet? cable quot and restart the router all of the devices connect just fine My ISP WLAN stops working if router is connected to internet? has told me that the router computer whichever is connected to the quot internet cable quot has to be configured to obtain a dynamic IP address which it already was This problem started when I moved from my previous apartment to my current In my previous apartment with another ISP the router wireless network worked just fine I can thus conclude that the router worked works fine If I plug the quot internet cable quot directly into my laptop I have working internet access This means that I have working internet To summerize My router works fine if correct conditions are present and I have working internet A friend told me it might have something to do with the ip address the router receives from my ISP which makes the router unable to provide valid ip addresses for my wireless devices If this is the case I still do not know how to solve the problem My question is What should I do to make the router establish a working wireless LAN WITH the quot internet cable quot plugged into the WAN socket My operating system on one pc is Win XP professional and on the other it is Win XP Home nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey Guys,
I have a HP pavillion Desktop running XP & a HP laptop which is running Vista Ultimate.
I have a problem with my DLink router its a DI-624 and its been working fine for about 9 months but all of a sudden it wont connect to the internet.
Ive unplugged them ,turned them off, & reset them , Ive also replaced the ethernet cables but still no joy.
I can connect directly through the modem but not the router anymore !
The router has the lights on except the WLan light isnt coming on & all I get is the pop up limited or no connectivity

Arhhhhh please help me

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have been trying for some time to accomplish the title result. I'm not techie enough to do it.

What I want is to be able to use a Tablet to read in the rear of my home (which is out of range for incoming wifi signal.)

If I can set up the computer to do this, I will cable connect to a router in that area.
I have two computers and could use either.

1.a PC running XP (should update to windows 8.1, but have never bothered to do that, since XP works just fine. (I had this computer sharing to the router, when I had DSL internet connection, using Windows wizard to set it up) Couldn't get it to work when I switched to WIFI internet access) I could switch to win 7 or 8.1 if that would help.

2. a Lap Top running WIN 8.1,

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75655-internet-access-via-wifi-share-wifi-via-second-router.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear Members I have been facing the issue of frequent Vostro 64 Windows 1704, - Loss Issue bit, 10 WLAN Wifi Dell - DW Frequent 3446, wifi disconnection for the past - months The problem get sorted out temporarily after running netsh command or after resetting WIFI adapter or rolling back to an older version However this never Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN has been a permanent solution The problem further aggravated after Window Anniversary update in July I am hardly using my WIFI after Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN this update I use a Dell Vostro laptop with DW - WLAN Card The part number of WLAN card is R GW - OS Windows Home Single Language Edition with bit I upgraded from Windows What I have already tried doing - Network adapter reset using feature provided in window and also by running netsh command in Command Prompt Have tried rolling back the driver but it works temporarily Have tried installing re-installing drivers listed on Dell support page of my PC however every driver shows error after installation Tried windows troubleshooter - this used to fix my problem after November update but after March updates it didn't resolve my disconnection issue Have tried using almost every suggestion provided on various MS and Dell Community Forums I also unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter And optimised the wireless settings as suggested by Dell but none worked Unfortunately I have run out of Dell Warranty Support hence can't contact them In this case can someone please provide me with a specific solution to deal with this issue I will be happy to supply more information Best regards Tej

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440945-frequent-wifi-loss-issue-windows-10-64-bit-dell-vostro-3446-dw-1704-wlan.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi st time poster previously googled all my tech problems and TSF usually had my answer great forum great community Now here is my problem Brought an EEEPC HG came with Windows Ultimate or ... not to :s work WLAN Used drivers installing Pro and everything was working including the wifi I thought it ran a little laggy and i needed it to be quick and snappy so i installed an nlite version of XP SP Got that all set up and working Went on to install the drivers VGA AUDIO TOUCHPAD G etc came to the wifi driver and im getting a message along the WLAN drivers not installing ... Used to work :s lines of ''The device has been ejected removed please re instert the device and click OK'' I proceed to click OK and the GUI tells me everything has been installed However there is no WLAN under the Network Connections Just LAN and my Webcam WLAN drivers not installing ... Used to work :s the device IS present in the device manager however this is marked yellow with a question mark I have tried to install them manually however which ever inf file i select pretty sure ive picked the right ones i get the message 'This file contains no information on you hardware select another ' Im lost now i really need this netbook for uni and without the internet its useless cant log on to my online systems Could i have un ticked something i shouldn't have in nlite Ive done it a times before and never run into this problem so i find it unlikely Any help would be greatly appreciated Note Im re installing xp now about to install the chip set drivers first as i heard this may have been the problem

A:WLAN drivers not installing ... Used to work :s

May i also add i have installed the latest correct drivers straight from the Asus website for my specific model.
For a link ... google search 'eeepc 1000hg drivers' and click the link my asus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wlan-drivers-not-installing-used-to-work-s-611280.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Have tried to review previous posts regarding WiFi connectivity issues but could not located similar issue not assist card connected WLAN Router, to staying please Solved: honestly I got lost in the Solved: WLAN card not staying connected to Router, please assist alphabet soup sorry Have Dell run Win XP serv pack No red X or yellow under Device Manager I did open up laptop took out WLAN card restarted laptop turned off laptop reinstalled WLAN card restarted laptop Problem still persisted Any help is appreciated thanks in advance Ipconfig is listed below Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Hemal gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hemal-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd ga comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ga comcast net Description Dell Wireless Draft n WLA N Mini-Card Physical Address - -CF- - B- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday March AM Lease Expires Thursday March AM nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Moin, bei meinem Yoga 900 funktioniert das WLan nur mal sporadisch.Es dauert sehr lange bis er meinen Router in der Liste anzeigt. Andere Geräte erkennen den Router auf Anhieb. Wenn der Laptop in den Energiesparmodus wechselt und ich ihn dann wieder reaktiviere, ist die WLAN Verbindung wieder getrennt und der Router wird wieder nicht in der Liste angezeigt.Alle anderen Router im Haus werden sofort angezeigt. Der Router wird wie zwei andere auch als Repeater benutzt. Der Treiber ist auf dem neuesten Stand gemäß dem Gerätemanager.Was könnte ich nun tun? Vllt einen Treiber manuell herunterladen? Oder hatte jemand ebenfalls dieses Problem und hat eine Lösung gefunden. MfGMicha

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-13ISK-WLAN-Probleme-Router-wird-nicht-erkannt/td-p/3332436
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows 7 home premium 32bit
zonealarm basic firewall
wlancard dell 1450 usb

Info:
the card never had a vista or windows 7 driver. A computer skilled
took out a folder from the windows xp installer.
Through device manager the folder is installed as driver, and the wlan card works.
I wanted to use ubuntu 'remote terminal server'. Connected via pc to pc lan cross over cable.
Maybe the connection succeded because ping test was ok. But never made the
program 'remote terminal server' work.
At a point zonealarm made trouble, allthough disabled.
Shutting down computer worked.

Error: Next time I turned on the computer, wlan didn't work. The wlan card makes
the connection but there is a yellow triangle on the wifi icon in taskbar.
Under network it keeps hanging, messaging 'identifying'.

I tried this:
Reinstalling zonealarm basic.
Reinstalling wlan card folder driver.
Didn't work.

Now I don't know what to do.
Suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Wlan card hangs (identifying error) during connection to router.

SInce this isnt a supported Win7 wlan adapter, you may be looking at a purchase of a new one. Unless you can get that tech to do his magic again? Or do you have the driver files he used in a folder somwhere still?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191105-wlan-card-hangs-identifying-error-during-connection-router.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have posted this but no one has even viewed it as the title wasn't very good.

Anyway, i have 2 wifi routers, one in the lounge that is on internet, one in my room that is not.

i want them both to be able to supply internet.

the one in my room will just be used to ethernet internet into my PS3.

alternative is that i use the wifi on my laptop then ethernet my laptop to PS3, is this possible?

Relevancy 51.17%

Since yesterday my search for wlan-networks doesn?t work any more.

I already tried to switch wlan on/off and restart the laptop. But still the same problem.
Maybe I turned it off with the fn+F8-button, but if I try to reset it, I cannot see what is turned on and off.

The fn-button itself works fine with the other keys, but i can?t see the function on the desktop, but the function is working.

I can only use a network with a cable.

Maybe someone knows an answer.

thanks for your help

A:Re: Satellite P100 wlan doesn´t work, and cannot see Fn-key

Hi,

Pressing FN+F8, you can see wifi icon and can en/disable it. Maybe, you need to update Wlan driver:

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/wlan/?page=downloads

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?53457-Re-Satellite-P100-wlan-doesn´t-work-and-cannot-see-Fn-key
Relevancy 51.17%

Actually my wifi adapter can catch all other wifi signal except my wifi router.

A:my notebook wifi adapter don't get my wifi router

There are several resons.1. The wifi signal might be too weak at the point where the computer is.2. Other device radiation/signals might be blocking it.3. Your router signal might be hodden (check EWS of router).4. Signal broadcasting might have been turned off on router. Since other signals are found on the computer, there shouldnt be a issue with your couputer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-notebook-wifi-adapter-don-t-get-my-wifi-router/td-p/5725324
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Netgear WGR614v9 router and was wondering if its possible to use this as a wireless adapter for my computer?? I think it might support the DDWRT open source firmware??? I am wanting to do this STRICTLY as a learning purpose.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I have a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card on my Dell Insprion 1501 and my wireless isnt connecting to the router. The router is working fine, because I can use it with a wire, but when I try connecting to it with my wireless, it says Signal:Excellent Status:Authenticating Address:0.0.0.0
I don't know how to fix this, please help.

EDIT**** I forgot to mention that it was working fine until a few days ago.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello i have dell precision M and my wireless is not connecting to the router Router is working fine becouse i can connect it with wire but i can t connect it to wireless It was working fine since yesterday when i have connected to other place following are the wireless connection status Status Acquiring Network Adress signal strength excellent IP Address following is ipconfig inforamtion Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings WLAN not Dell 1390 connecting Mini-card the Wireless router CHANDRU gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name chandru- ee Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-card not connecting the router Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - A- B- - - Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -B - -B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday October PM Lease Expires Wednesday October PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - E-B - B-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-card not connecting the router

zeros are caused by one

DHCP Service - but looking at your ipconfig this is OK as you have an ip for the cable connection
Bad drivers or Defective hardware.

Turn off ALL of the PCs and other devices on the network
Turn off the router modem

then turn on modem then router then all the computers and other network devices.

have a look on the dell site use you TAG number on the PC and download latest drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wireless-1390-wlan-mini-card-not-connecting-the-router.868171/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I am a bit of a hard time with routers on one network IP + dynamic Issues = with ADSL Wifi Router Router and unfortunately as things stand now they both have to be there So I just got ADSL and the only modem option available to me was one with a -port wired router I hooked that up into my existing network of about computers laptops and desktops which Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP is connected by another -port WiFi router I started out with my only Wifi Router + ADSL Router = Issues with dynamic IP goal of hooking of these computers to the internet after I got the DSL by some MAC filtering configured in the WiFi router But having the DSL modem router has created another issue I am using separate IP gateways for both the routers which are in the same subset I can connect to both of them from all my machines The problem is I don t have any control over which computer connects to what router I am trying to avoid setting each PC up with a static IP that needs internet access Here is my setup in more detail My ADSL router is and my WiFi router is and both have the subnet My ADSL connection has dynamic IP and the modem router is connected into a LAN port on the WiFi router I have tried disabling DHCP on the modem router and changed my WiFi router IP to that of the modem which was counter productive to no avail Someone mentioned MAC address cloning but I am not sure if it will work in this setup Since I configured this I am seeing quite a few IP conflicts which are probably my fault as I didn t check when I was setting up static IP on computers that needed internet access I just want these routers to work in harmony if possible Can I just use one of them as a DHCP server I do not want to use static IP for any computer whether or not it connects to the internet Right now I am using it for computers that want access to the internet by guiding them to right gateway and the computers that need not be connected just have auto IP configured I would rather use MAC filters for this I am going to stop typing now before I dream about this mess I have on my hands Any help here will be welcome Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I ve been given a Belkin F D - P router print server My USB printer HP PSC is in my bedroom due to lack of space downstairs and I m sick of carting my old laptop upstairs to print I already had an old WAP upstairs cabled to my router downstairs to enable use of my to PC Belkin bit 64 unable with Win7 F5D7231-4P Solved: router/print WLAN - p server laptop in the garden So I configured the Solved: Belkin F5D7231-4P WLAN router/print server with Win7 64 bit PC - unable to p F D as a WAP and as a print server for the Solved: Belkin F5D7231-4P WLAN router/print server with Win7 64 bit PC - unable to p HP intending to print wirelessly Solved: Belkin F5D7231-4P WLAN router/print server with Win7 64 bit PC - unable to p from my Win Ultimate bit desktop downstairs I can log on to the F D wirelessly from my PC via my WLAN and the print server function on the F D supports the printer fine But the print server install onto my PC gave error when trying to install the print server port So I ve installed the printer manually as a TCP IP port pointing to the IP for the F D All seems fine apart from the fact that on my PC the printer shows as offline - I can send a test print - but of course it never comes out just sits in the print queue The job in the print queue shows nothing for the port I found on this site a query about the same problem using a Belkin wireless print server F UP solution quoted below - but have double checked the settings on both the F D and the printer install on my PC and they re identical to what s suggested for the F UP correct IP for my router RAW set correct port number for the print server on the F D etc I ve of course tried rebooting the F D the printer my router and my PC - to no avail Any bright ideas please I m bemused quot You can set up your printer without using the Belkin software in windows install your printer as normal as if you had it plugged into your computer go to the printer setting and select the ports tab add a new port and select standard tcp ip port and click new port then click next in the printer name or ip address box type in the ip address of the print server for example then give the port a name for example belkin port and click next windows will try to detect the port when windows has finished searching select custom and click settings make sure the raw protocol is selected change the port number to match the usb port you have your printer plugged into on the print server if you are using usb the port number is and if using usb the port number is click ok then click next and finish close the printer ports box and select your new port from the port list and click apply go to the general tab and print a test page That should do it it worked ok on my son s laptop with windows home premium bit os hope this helps Forgot to say that you should make sure raw tcp ip printing is ticked in the print server setup to do this open your browser and type in the ip address of the print server to access the web page setup select Print Server Configuration from the left hand menu and make sure the box is ticked then apply changes if you need to quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-f5d7231-4p-wlan-router-print-server-with-win7-64-bit-pc-unable-to-p.1142885/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello one and all I am sincerely hoping someone can assist with my little networking problem as i m tearing my hair out now Here at work we have a Vigor Modem Router hosting our connection to the world It was originally on DHCP amp the computers amp printers found their own IP addresses without problem We added a Linksys router via ethernet to a lan port not the wan in another area of the yard This on Adding wifi a static IP to router router was fine also on DHCP and connecting wirelessly from a laptop or mobile phone was a doddle Then our oh so wonderful IT geek Adding a wifi router to router on static IP decided to put the Vigor on a Static IP along with all the computers connected to it This has some how cut off the wifi capability of the Linksys router now It is basically acting as a hub for two laptops and nothing else In simplistic terms with some detail what settings need changing on the Linksys if any The Adding a wifi router to router on static IP Vigors internal IP is Linksys is both on subnet I have been advised to set the Linksys to a static IP on the Internet Connection option but what set of figures do i need for that Fingers crossed Stonkin nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I have updatet my Toshiba Satellite L500-20X to Windows 8.
Unfortunately, since this update my WLAN Switch no longer works. All function keys work to F7, only F8 (WLAN switch) and F9 (touchpad) no longer work.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Klaus

A:Satellite L500-20X - WLAN switch doesn't work after Windows 8 Upgrade

Satellite L500 is not Win 8 upgrade supported? so I think the problem is a missing driver or software?

As far as I know in order to use the FN buttons the Value Added Package for Win 8 needs to be installed.
Check other driver area for Toshiba notebook series supporting the Win 8.
Maybe you could use the VAP released for other series.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70109-Satellite-L500-20X-WLAN-switch-doesn-t-work-after-Windows-8-Upgrade
Relevancy 49.45%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I am setting up a new wireless router and new laptop.

The laptop sees the WLAN (name) in Control Panel -> Networking -> Sharing and Network, but this WLAN (name) does not show up in the laptop's 'WLAN selector list' when I click on the network icon that's in the system tray.

I hope my description, above, makes sense. If so, does this problem description suggest an area of configuration that I have done incorrectly?

Thanks for any hints.

A:WLAN in Control Panel but not in system tray WLAN list

The new router needs to be setup with the SSID not hidden. Also the router needs to be set for the same type of wireless that the devices use.

It is also helpful when you post these kind of questions, to include system info in your profile and also manufacture and model of the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70949-wlan-control-panel-but-not-system-tray-wlan-list.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey Ok so here is the problem a month and a half ago the laptop wouldn t WLAN device manager is is says disabled, says enabled! WLAN Laptop turn on it goes and gets fixed and the power supply wasn Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! t returned today we finally receive the power supply which caused month of the waiting So I plug it up and everything goes on fine and dandy however the laptop will not receive an Internet connection and it says that the wireless LAN is disabled the laptop is a Presario v Compaq which has a button on the front of the laptop which enables and disabled the wireless LAN the button is currently set to enabled however the button is jammed on enable and it has an Amber light so I can t turn it on and off I went to device manger then network adapters and acording to that the WLAN is enabled but the laptop is telling me it s disabled is there any way I can fix this or will it have to get sent away again I hope the question makes sense Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled! I m only so I m not the best when it comes to computers I also badly need the laptop fixed because I need it for school and I am currently posting this question using my iPhone nbsp

A:Laptop says WLAN is disabled, device manager says WLAN is enabled!

Well, if the button isn't toggling the wireless state, you may have to send it away again. What do you mean the button is "jammed"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-says-wlan-is-disabled-device-manager-says-wlan-is-enabled.932858/
Relevancy 46.87%

I was given an old Toshiba Satellite Pro and have reformated the HDD to clear whatever junk was on it After putting Windows back on XP SP everything seems to work as it should apart from that I can t connect to my home wi-fi network The network is picked up OK but when OK card and may range" router is have become - Error out "network saying of wlan I click connect I get an error saying that the network may have become Error saying "network may have become out of range" - router and wlan card is OK out of range even when right next to the router I have three other PCs connecting wirelessly to the network with no probs The router is not restriced to certain mac addresses There are plenty of available DHCP slots It works OK via ethernet I have tried disabling wireless security on the router I have tried changing the wireless channel to something else on the router The laptop has an inbuilt mini-PCI wireless card that seems to be hooked up OK to the antenna and the driver is the latest one I have also tried a Linksys PCMCIA wi-fi card I ve been using this fine on another laptop Could this be an issue with whatever driver controls these interfaces such as PCI Bridge Chipset or whatever Which one could it be Any ideas I ve manually gone right-click Update Driver to all system devices in Device Manager and still doesn t work Thanks nbsp

A:Error saying "network may have become out of range" - router and wlan card is OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-saying-network-may-have-become-out-of-range-router-and-wlan-card-is-ok.767744/
Relevancy 46.87%

i just had a very weird issue... i cannot connect the westell versalink to a wireless broadband router.. i did the basics (bridge, disable DHCP) but the westell is not giving IP address to the PC.. it did work when we just disable the wireless of the westell and connect the linksys, but thats not the standard way (very unstable).. how can i solve this without replacing the westell versalink with a modem?? help anyone?? please??

Relevancy 46.87%

I m having a similar problem to Chris Chu - http forums techguy org web-email -need-help-have-wireless-but html I just upgraded from Qwest DSL Mbps with an Actiontec GT modem to the Mbps service with the Actiontec Q modem set up with just the default options works, Q1000 WLAN WAN - router Solved: works function ActionTec Qwest doesn't, I m having Solved: WLAN works, WAN doesn't, router function works - Qwest ActionTec Q1000 a very peculiar problem I can see the Q s GUI control panel and browse the Internet from a computer connected via wi-fi However a computer connected viaEthernet doesn t see the web or even the Q control center A ping from the Ethernet-connected machine times out However the Ethernet-connected machine CAN see the other machines connected to the Q - I played an MP file from one of the other machines So the router function for the LAN is working but the Q doesn t respond to a ping or let me see the external Net or even browse to the Q s GUI panel I ve tried this with just one machine connected directly via Cat and none of the other Ethernet ports on the Q used I ve done that from two different PCs using different Cat cables and trying different ports on the Q I ve also tried it going through a D-Link switch with the same results from different PCs All of these connections worked with the GT and the Mbps service but not with the Q We even tried replacing the Q with the same results Firmware versions were QAQ - L on the first Q and QAQ - L on the second one Qwest tech support hasn t solved it but suggested quot contact your PC manufacturer quot I m stumped Any ideas I rebooted my main PC in Safe Mode with Networking and still could not ping the Q Following is the HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Windows Feedback Panel WFPASIEve exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Windows System dinotify exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Qwest Desktop QwestTouchPointAgent exe C Users Public Documents Programs Kana Reminder exe C Program Files Replay AV ReplayAV exe C Program Files Gomez GomezPEER bin GomezPEER exe C PROGRA Gomez GOMEZP jre bin java exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files Stardock Impulse Now ImpulseNow exe C Program Files Pidgin pidgin exe C Windows System RunDll exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search live com sphome aspx R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search live com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKLM Softwa... Read more

A:Solved: WLAN works, WAN doesn't, router function works - Qwest ActionTec Q1000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wlan-works-wan-doesnt-router-function-works-qwest-actiontec-q1000.897885/
Relevancy 46.44%

Is there a internal or external cmd program that has the same functioninality like vista netsh wlan command.
netsh wlan is not included in xp and the netsh from vista doesnt work in xp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi FASTER Bridge ethernet-->wifi using vs - MUCH Wifi with Bridge router there If you've a spare Wifi vs ethernet-->wifi Bridge using router - MUCH FASTER with Bridge old router which you can set up as a wifi bridge and connect a bit of LAN cable from Laptop into the Bridge router you'll generally get FAR better performance from even a cheap router Logic behind this is that most Wifi adapters are half duplex whereas a router is full duplex and throughput will be significantly better Another advantage is that you can still use GHZ band even if your PC or whatever only can handle GHZ wifi If your router doesn't have bridging facilities you can often do it by a firmware upgrade --for most routers try this www dd-wrt com Unleash Your Router Note --this is the Bridging router --not your main one that you use to connect to your ISP with --don't want to cause people to have inoperable boxes I've found using a Router as a bridge far better than having to have loads of LAN cable all round the house --and also antennae in wifi routers are hugely better than most built in Wifi cards so you can in a lot of cases avoid extra slowdown caused by wifi extenders In my quot man shed quot -- a good metres from the main house - could just about get Mib s on a very poor GHZ wifi signal from the wifi card Laptop now acceptable - still with GHZ wifi but using quot Bridged quot method with an old EDIMAX wifi port router Around Mib s still a lot slower by about X - I'm getting nearly Gb s download in main house on GHZ wifi --ISL has excellent Internet than in the main house but perfectly OK for streaming Football etc when friends are around and we're all drinking Beer etc -- no complaints from quot the Other quot about noise cheers of quot Goooooal quot clearing up etc etc Good even for a SLOW Ping -- remember I'm over metres away from my House and on GHZ Wifi -- GHZ not receivable at that distance added -- even if your PC laptop doesn't have a LAN connector it's still worthwhile doing this with a USB-- gt Lan adapter -- even a USB -- gt LAN works really well -- USB speed will easily handle Mib s and adapter can cost as little as EUR - those cheap Chinese unbranded ones work fine too I've had simultaneous connections through that Bridge router this way -- guys had laptops with no LAN cards - they used the adapters --all very happy USB quot -- gt LAN adapter-- gt Lan cable-- gt Port on Bridge router Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67451-wifi-vs-ethernet-wifi-bridge-using-router-much-faster-bridge.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have no idea what happened, when I try to connect the modem directly to the PC, it give me "No Connectivity". But when I connect the modem through the router, it work!

ipconfig/all

Modem connect directly pic
Modem through router pic

Relevancy 45.58%

How would one set up a home wifi network with a non-wifi router? I have a router for my voip phone but it is not wireless. Do I just add a wireless card to my main PC?

I do not want to remove my current router. None of the wifi routers I have looked at have VOIP ports on the back.

Will adding a wifi PCI card do the trick? Most of the wifi cards show them in use with a wifi router.

A:wifi with non-wifi router

what about a wifi access point that plugs into an ethernet port on your existing router?

you can use a wifi card to do the same, but its a bit fiddly..

by the way, is it just to network pc's only?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-with-non-wifi-router.51270/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

My router is N300 Mbps which means that the max transfer speed would be 8MB/s.
Now, I am getting an actual speed of around 12,5 MB/s which means that router is working as N490 Mbps, although the connected speed is 300Mbps.
How can it be? Is my router being some sort of "overclocked"?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66955-wlan-router-overclocked.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi!

I need to get my noname usb wlan dongle to work with win7. This is a usb-adapter that I put in my computer and witch then forwards my internetconnection to my girlfriends laptop (wlan). I had Vista before and then it was working. The program that I have been running is called ZDWLAN. When I installed it on Vista I followed this guide teamxlink.co.uk :: View topic - THE OFFICIAL TEAM XLINK WIFI MAX WINDOWS VISTA GUIDE . Now it isnt working though. The program doesnt appear in the systemtray. I have tryed running it in compabilitymode vista (sp2).

I really hope you can give me some advice.
Thanks in advance!

A:Get a "noname usb wlan dongle" to work with win7 ?

Quote: Originally Posted by MatteKalle

Hi!

I need to get my noname usb wlan dongle to work with win7. This is a usb-adapter that I put in my computer and witch then forwards my internetconnection to my girlfriends laptop (wlan). I had Vista before and then it was working. The program that I have been running is called ZDWLAN. When I installed it on Vista I followed this guide teamxlink.co.uk :: View topic - THE OFFICIAL TEAM XLINK WIFI MAX WINDOWS VISTA GUIDE . Now it isnt working though. The program doesnt appear in the systemtray. I have tryed running it in compabilitymode vista (sp2).

I really hope you can give me some advice.
Thanks in advance!

Matte

I have a way for you to get the vendor. type device manager on search. with the usb dongle in go to the usb section. If there is an unknown device (with yellow triangle on it) right click the device. go to properties>details. Pull down the bar that says device details and pull it down till you see hardware ID's. take the number that has VEN_____ and numbers in it. copy and paste it into google a nd it will take you to the vendors site. find the driver and you are good to go
Good luck and let us know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/32167-get-noname-usb-wlan-dongle-work-win7.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,
I have a linksys wireless router on my bottom floor, and the wireless capability does not reach my top floor. Right now I have a very long ethernet cable running from my router to my upstairs computer. I am interested in putting another computer upstairs, however i cant use wireless because it gets very low, or no connectin.

Would it be possible to Connect my long ethernet that runs through my house to upstairs to another small router, or ethernet splitter, in order to get internet capabilities on both computers upstairs? Would it be extremely slow? thanks in advance if you can help.

Relevancy 45.15%

Last visit -Oct- PM First Question Anyways my internet is freaking slow because my sister always download stuff so i was wondering if i had TWO routers a router Does Q: Q: /w connected ISP work?Another 2 router IP? to and i connect to the quot new quot Linksys and she connects to the quot old quot D-Link will that work Will this Q: Does router connected to a router work?Another Q: ISP /w 2 IP? still be slower I asked some people and they said the quot router quot is working too much or something so having two will help So the config would be ISP Modem - gt Linksys - gt D-Link D-Link will be wireless for my family to use and me and my friend will be using the Linksys wired Another Question Also i got another question If my ISP allows me to have TWO IP Addresses will it make my internet slower if i gave one of the IP to my D-Link and one to Linksys router If not how would i make my internet faster Current Setup One Modem One Router Sister uses Wireless and downloads songs and movies Sometimes with BT I use Wired and play games like BF CS CSS WoW and all the other games Another comp Hosts a quot game quot and sometimes plays War I do NOT want to shut quot game quot down EVER So please dont tell me to turn it off nbsp

A:Q: Does router connected to a router work?Another Q: ISP /w 2 IP?

Can't tell from what you've told us so far, but I would guess that the bottleneck is your ISP connection. What is it's bandwidth (speed) supposed to be? Are you and the other computers using all that bandwidth? Probably so, but if not then it could be a router problem.

If you have DSL the only way you will get faster is if they offer more than one service and you upgrade to a faster, more expensive service.

If you have cable and can get two IPs then maybe you can get double the bandwidth; ask your ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/q-does-router-connected-to-a-router-work-another-q-isp-w-2-ip.465063/
Relevancy 45.15%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 45.15%

So currently i have a Netgear WNR2000V4 and it sucks! the speed of it drops from 60mbps to 20mbps and stays there. even after reboot. it sucks and nothing will fix it.

so im in the lookings for a new router. im looking to spend less then $70. anyone know of a really good 300mbps router? i will be connecting 10+ devices to it at all times.

i was looking into these but open to suggestions:

D-Link Xtreme Gigabit Wireless N300 Router (DIR-655) - Newegg.com

TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Wireless N Gigabit Router Up to 300Mbps/ USB port x1/ Detachable Antenna x3/ IP QoS/ QSS Button - Newegg.com

Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 10 trendnet tew711br TWC ethernet connection

Worked ok at first than I forgot password and tried to reset. Now all I can get is ethernet and cannot connect to chromecast or other devices. Wifi sign is there but it remains on ethernet. Help and thanks.

Relevancy 45.15%

can i connnect 2 computer (1pc and 1 laptop) wirelessly without a router. if so what do i need and slo do any of you guys know of any good wifi tools about that are free. thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Belkin wireless router. I have a Belkin wireless print server. The router is not connected to the Internet because where I live, only has WIFI service. Which means I also have a Linksys Speed Booster,WUSBG54 to connect to the internet. My problem is that my print server will only print if the CAT 5E is connected from my laptop to the router. At that point I lose my Internet connection. I have to unplug the CAT 5E from the back to gain Internet access.
Is this the way it has to be?

A:WIFI Router

Configure the router and get the wireless printer to work. Through the router, (it should not need the internet to print), Then Configure the wireless adapter to connect to the internet. Not sure, but it should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-router.477205/
Relevancy 45.15%

What wifi router should i get for windows 7? if it helps i have a lenovo tower. thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

I was selected to participate in the FCC's broadband tests facilitated by Sam Knows (SamKnows - Building a broadband measurement solution for Europe and America)

They are suposed to be sending a Netgear WNR3500L and I would like to know how it stacsk up against the NetGear WNR1000v2 (Wireless N 150 Router)

Thank you for your help

A:Can you tell me which is the better Wifi router?

Well you could do a side by side comparrision and decide what you think. Here's the WNR3500L Answer

Then the WNR1000 v2 Answer

Check the specs and look at the forum questions and problems.
Just a thought
Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138226-can-you-tell-me-better-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Have a verizon router actiontec mi424wr all of the sudden I cannot conect to the internet thru wifi I have directv 2 laptops and a cell phon and now nothing will connect to the internet had verizon send me a new router and still same problem. I get 2 messages one connection is limited and the other not valid ip address. can anyone help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-wifi-help.1163874/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using virtual router+ in my laptop....and using wifi with my xperia L.....but for a few days after connecting wifi with my phone it's not working...it just works for a second then autometically disconneted......its neither my mobile problem nor software it just a problem of my laptop.....please give me a solution.....what should I do?????????????

A:Wifi router

Simplest and easiest solution is the get a "real" wireless router & connect your laptop & phone accordingly.

Need a few questions answered before we can really help you further because there are too many vague things in your initial question...

Who is the ISP?
Did the ISP provide you with a cable modem or DSL modem? Does it have built in WIFI?
How did you setup the wifi from the virtual router software? WEP, WPA, etc?
Is the laptop connected to cable/dsl via wire or is it wireless? if it's wireless then for God's sake just use that wifi for your phone as well!
Is the laptop a PC or Mac? What version of Windows or Mac OS X are you running?

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-router.198600/
Relevancy 45.15%

The thing is that I want a n router, a wifi one. Now I want QoS and good port forwarding since is going to be for gaming. Also it has to have good coverage.
Also I have heard about some that come with a USB extension for a hard drive so you can have a newtowork hard drive. Is that true or you need a nas hdd for that?

So as you can see I would appreciate a lot of feedback, some models, brands, links, etc. It's all going to help.

Thanks guys.

Relevancy 44.72%

I have an open thread in the Networking section Here s the link http forums techguy org networking -wan-connection-but-no-wan- html post I m posting here for Issues problems and or solutions DIRECTLY related to MALWARE For solutions related to Networking please post to the link above NO Internet WLAN WLAN over but Connected Basic details of WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN what s going on I can connect to and access EVERYTHING WAP Router Switch Printer NAS Other computers etc while connected over WLAN I cannot connect to the INTERNET WLAN Connected but NO Internet over WLAN over WLAN Although it DOES say quot Internet Access quot I CAN connect to everything including Internet when connected over LAN Other computers CAN connect to the Internet using this WAP but this is NOT A LOCAL NETWORKING ISSUE PLEASE don t post Networking questions or solutions on this thread Please refer to the link above for ALL Networking questions unless they are DIRECTLY related to MALWARE Pertinent Software Installed on this system Win Ultimate x AVG Free NO Virus found Ad-Aware Free v No issues found Windows Firewall Disabled for Troubleshooting Windows Defender Disabled for Troubleshooting NO OTHER FIREWALL S W Installed NO VPN S W Installed Netgear s VPN SW is not compatible with Win x and was removed NO BLOATWARE Installed All preloaded Bloatware was removed on day FireFox IE x amp x v Any programs Bloatware VPN etc which were removed were removed using Revo Uninstaller and their Registry Tracks were deleted NO NEW S W was added or removed just prior to this problem arising ScanNow Results C gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Click to expand HJT Results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HJT Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com CQNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLive... Read more

Relevancy 44.72%

I m having a near identical problem Perfect connectivity to Network amp Internet via LAN Ethernet Perfect connectivity to Network Including ALL Hardware Router Switch Printer NAS other NO WLAN but Connection, WLAN Internet computers via WLAN both the onboard mini-PCIe card as well as an external USB WiFi Adapter ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNET via WLAN same results for both onboard and external adapters Here s my computer model and some specs Compaq CQ - US Win Ultimate x GB RAM Atheros AR Latest Driver Installed v FireFox IE x amp x Versions I do NOT have ANY Toolbars in my browsers I do have some Add-ins in FireFox which quot could quot affect internet connectivity but WLAN Connection, but NO WLAN Internet I believe they are configured properly and as I ve already stated I have PERFECT Internet connectivity via LAN just NONE via WLAN Besides all of the quot Obvious quot things to try I ve also uninstalled this card amp driver multiple times Allowed Windows to re-install AND forced manual re-installation and installed the driver application from Atheros I ve also performed multiple quot IPConfig release renew quot attempts which have not produced a solution Windows Network Diagnostic gives this result quot Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues quot NOT TRUE but went thru their troubleshooting steps anyway to no avail I m completely stumped as to what s causing this problem and how to remedy it I m fairly convinced that it s a setting problem in Win not the browser or Hardware I ve tried WiFi connectivity to other available Networks and can connect Says quot Connected quot and quot Internet Access quot but am NOT able to browse the internet I ve attached a file with all IPCONFIG Ping Some Router Settings and a short list of pertinent programs Any REAL Help would be greatly appreciated REAL help is NOT quot Unplug your modem and then plug it back in quot or anything like that If you re a tech person please review the attached file before advising Thank you very much in advance JSLM nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
My internet is through WLan while I have to connect to the intranet using the lan. I want all my Internet traffic in wlan. But it's not working. Whenever I enable both wlan and LAN, all the Internet requests go to LAN and so can't use Internet.

How to configure my system (with XP SP3) so that all the internet traffic/requests use WLan as first choice instead of LAN ?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all I'd say I'm quot very experienced quot or expert when it comes to networking but my experience with wireless AC is limited I currently have an Asus RT-N U that I absolutely love I do pro-AV and have installed dozens of those and never had an issue and they have incredible range and speed for the price I am ready to upgrade to AC but am kind of surprised the quot top end quot routers are all over I know there's tri-band and dual-band but does Help WiFi pick a (AP)! new Router me anyone have experience with the top end ones I don't necessarily need crazy speed from AC since if I need crazy speed I'm going to go gigabit Ethernet I'm eyeing the RT-AC U or RT-AC U right now Anyone have experience I'm open to other manufacturers but so far I think Asus does a nice job with their web interface and feature set BTW - I don't need Help me pick a new WiFi Router (AP)! this to do routing but I'd prefer a router to an AP in case this changes I know Asus has AP mode

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55949-help-me-pick-new-wifi-router-ap.html
Relevancy 44.72%

In the past, I had a linksys wifi g modem router. Never had a problem.

Beg of this year I went for Wifi n and selected the Netgear DGN 3500 modem router. A disaster, always crashing down.

So I am looking to replace it for either a modem router or only router which support:
- Wifi N and G
- Glan (at least 2 ports)
- one USB for a network USB HDD.

Any advice?

A:advice for best wifi n router

This is what I have been using for a couple of years: Dlink DIR-655. It fits your criteria and it has been reliable. Costs about $100.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/96825-advice-best-wifi-n-router.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I have Windows 7 on Dell N4110. I am unable to connect to my netgear router wirelessly. If i restart the router, it may work for some time but then again gets disconnected. However, i can connect to it through wired connection. Others in my apartment can connect to the router. They dont have windows 7 (they use vista, ubuntu). Its working fine for them. I have tried many things like updating the router, disabling firewall, changing wireless security settings, updating windows but none of them seem to work. My friend who has the same laptop also cant connect when I cant. It happens simultaneously. As soon as my connection is disconnected, his also disconnects. Please let me know what the problem is.

A:Cannot connect to wifi on my router

lets see an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wifi-on-my-router.1045246/