Windows Support Forum

WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue

Q: WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue

Hey guys So - WIN Hang Speed: SSD 8.1 Activity, R/W 100% System Issue 0 I've just been experiencing a weird issue with WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue my system where it hangs and it is very unresponsive at random intervals of time in fact the first clue that I had an issue was when boot to WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue desktop time was much longer than normal and desktop startup apps took forever to load My system would hang very often right when desktop begins to load in and also when opening various web links or even at random intervals And by unresponsive I mean that I can usually freely still move around my cursor and task manager is still shows moving graphs but if I click within a program the program will not respond to the command or it will be come not responding I've pulled up task manager to investigate during these periods of unresponsiveness correspond to when my C drive my SSD is at activity but read write speed Checking resource monitor and details do not show any application using the disk to cause the activity In fact at times during activity in resource monitor the processes list slowly decreases until there is nothing there and then resets itself I've also attempted to play games and have task manager on the side to see what effect this would have At several points I would encounter the same active R W speed but the game DOES NOT hang and I can game fine However if I were to click on let's say a web browser or a file explorer window while gaming and having the active R W speed it would respond to - click actions and then hang When I was typing this up I experienced active R W speed several times but sometimes I can continue typing and then randomly the browser becomes unresponsive What I've tried to fix it - Disable prefetch or something similar in chrome - Enable writing permissions to Skype - chkdsk f Results here - sfc scannow - Full System Scan with Bit defender scanned to after hours I cancelled it after that threats found - As a side note HD Sentinel shows the drive at due to lifetime use - SMART att here According the same program the max speed the drive has achieved since I've experienced this issue has been around MB s in terms of transfer rates clearly much slower than what it's capable of - CCCleaner cleaned out registry and some temp files - Benchmark programs such as crystaldisk do not properly finish as when it is running active R W speed would occur and the system hangs Specs - Crucial MX GB SSD Suspected issue - GB External Drive - GB RAM - i T This shows a period of normal activity and then unresponsiveness right when activity hits During activity what resource manager shows the processes list decreases and eventually results in the picture below Showing active R W speed yet not processes with disk activity Any help or suggestions are appreciated EDIT - I've also tried updating to the latest SSD firmware but that hasn't helped - Crucial Storage Management shows a health drive I guess it's based on SMART atts - Tried to run a short self test through HD Sentinel I let it run for minutes where I noticed that the progress bar was not progressing after the minute mark task manager showed minimum disk activity so I cancelled that

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issue

Try to let it run entirely for the short test. U may choose to use SeaTools for Windows. Don't wanna rule out harddisk is faulty though.u can get the files at http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-win-master/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600037/win-81-100-ssd-activity-0-rw-speed-system-hang-issue/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hey guys So I've just been experiencing a weird issue with my system where it hangs and it is very unresponsive at random intervals of time in fact the first clue that I had an issue was when boot to desktop time was much longer than normal and Issu Hang SSD 100% - 0 Speed: Activity, 8.1 System WIN R/W desktop startup apps took forever to load My system would hang very often right when desktop begins to load in and also when opening various web links or even at random intervals And by unresponsive I mean that I can usually freely still move around my cursor and task manager is still shows moving graphs but if I click within a program the program will not respond to the command or it will be come quot not responding quot I've pulled up task manager to investigate during these periods of unresponsiveness correspond to when my C drive my SSD is at activity but read write speed WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issu Checking quot resource monitor quot and quot details quot do not show any application using the disk to cause the activity In fact at times during activity in quot resource monitor quot the processes list WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issu slowly decreases until there is nothing there and then resets itself WIN 8.1 - 100% SSD Activity, 0 R/W Speed: System Hang Issu I've also attempted to play games and have task manager on the side to see what effect this would have At several points I would encounter the same quot active R W speed quot but the game DOES NOT hang and I can game fine However if I were to click on let's say a web browser or a file explorer window while gaming and having the quot active R W speed quot it would respond to - click actions and then hang When I was typing this up I experienced quot active R W speed quot several times but sometimes I can continue typing and then randomly the browser becomes unresponsive What I've tried to fix it - Disable prefetch or something similar in chrome - Enable writing permissions to Skype - chkdsk f Results here - sfc scannow - Full System Scan with Bit defender scanned to after hours I cancelled it after that threats found - As a side note HD Sentinel shows the drive at due to lifetime use - SMART att here According the same program the max speed the drive has achieved since I've experienced this issue has been around MB s in terms of transfer rates clearly much slower than what it's capable of - CCCleaner cleaned out registry and some temp files - Benchmark programs such as crystaldisk do not properly finish as when it is running quot active R W speed quot would occur and the system hangs Specs - Crucial MX GB SSD Suspected issue - GB External Drive - GB RAM - i T This shows a period of normal activity and then unresponsiveness right when activity hits During activity what resource manager shows the processes list decreases and eventually results in the picture below Showing quot active R W speed quot yet not processes with disk activity Any help or suggestions are appreciated EDIT - I've also tried updating to the latest SSD firmware but that hasn't helped - Crucial Storage Management shows a health drive I guess it's based on SMART atts - Tried to run a short self test through HD Sentinel I let it run for minutes where I noticed that the progress bar was not progressing after the minute mark task manager showed minimum disk activity so I cancelled that

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/73050-win-8-1-100-ssd-activity-0-r-w-speed-system-hang-issu.html
Relevancy 63.21%

System hanging very often. Getting freezed also often.Taking 5 to 10 minutes to start and function. Tried all steps by speaking to Customercare. Even reset done today as the last option under their suggestion. Now when clicking on This PC the drives(C,D,E,etc) not getting displayed. .CAB/IDR file also sent today to Customercare. Notebook is only 4 months old. Issue faced for the last 1.5 months. CASE ID: 4779034784, Earlier Case ID: 4778147315

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hang-Issue-and-System-getting-frozen-HP-PAV-x360-Convert-13/td-p/5829548
Relevancy 59.34%

Computer runs normally after boot up until accessing the Internet in IE or Chrome Normally I an IE user I installed Chrome today just to see or Continuous Run Slowly HDD; Hang in Activity Applications if the problems persisted they did Once the Internet has been accessed there is continuous activity in the HDD and Continuous Activity in HDD; Applications Hang or Run Slowly all operations with the computer become very Continuous Activity in HDD; Applications Hang or Run Slowly slow For example right clicking on a file folder or a shortcut takes approximately seconds before a pulldown appears Attempting to re-access the Internet with IE when there is continuous activity in the HDD results in a white screen with a blank address bar and the browser hangs If a shutdown is done while the computer is in this state a message is received that a program needs to close even when it appears that no programs are open and a brief message goes by with verbiage having to do with Task Host Window When there is continuous activity in the HDD disconnecting from the network results in the HDD activity ending and a return to normal HDD activity If I reconnect to the network after a few moments the continuous activity resumes on its own There has been no obvious malware activity on this computer The symptoms I describe above began on February I have run the following tools before making this post FRST MBAM no malicious items found ADWCleaner a few malicious items were found and removed JRT a few malicious items were found and removed but most items had to do with the junk that Best Buy installed on the computer four years ago TDSSKiller no malicious items found RogueKiller several PUP's found and deleted Another FRST Scan for which I created and ran a fix Eset Online Scanner found items but most were false positives removed items I have not run ComboFix on this machine though it was run on this computer several years ago at the direction of a BC helper I see that there are remnants The only software installed on this computer recently is an update to Abobe Flash Attempting to run the above tools while there was continuous activity in the HDD sometimes resulted in a hung app for that tool Successful runs for those tools were made after rebooting the computer and running the tool before accessing the Internet excluding Eset After running all the above tools the problem persists Problem does not seem to show itself in Safe Mode w Networking though I haven't thoroughly tested it Task Manager does not show any processes taking up a lot of CPU or Memory even when there is continuous activity in the HDD Note that the FRST scan included with this post was run after the tools in the list above were run Additionally the FRSTscan included in this post was run when the computer was experiencing high HDD activity Thank you in advance for your help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Admin administrator on TRISTAR on - - Running from C Users Ben Desktop Loaded Profiles Ben amp Admin Available profiles Ben amp Admin Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe Stardock Corporation C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System wlanext exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapU... Read more

A:Continuous Activity in HDD; Applications Hang or Run Slowly

Update
Since no one has had the chance to respond to my topic, let me post this update.

I belive the problem has been found:  In recent days, upon launching Microsoft Outlook (my e-mail client), the loading of the Norton Anti-Spam Outlook Plugin has taken an unusually long time.  Today, upon launching Outlook an error message was received regarding the plugin and I was offered the opportunity to disable it, which I did.  The high HDD activity stopped and the computer has been running normally ever since.

I ask that a helper comment on my FRST log if there are things that need to be addressed and I will follow the helper's instructions.  Otherwise, please feel free to close the topic as the problem does not appear to be malware related.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566111/continuous-activity-in-hdd;-applications-hang-or-run-slowly/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am having Hard Activity Drive Related Hang an issue with my OS hanging every so Hard Drive Activity Related Hang often approx every two weeks It always requires a hard restart via the power or reset button It doesn't seem to be related to doing the same things on the computer but other symptoms that have been occurring are as follows When the OS hangs the hard drive light is lit and stays lit continually until the system is restarted Previously after restarts the MB would not recognize my primary HD SSD SATA It seemed the only way to get around this was to completely shut down the machine including the PS disconnect the cables to the HD reconnect them and reboot the machine Recently this issues has seemed to go away - now everything reboots fine after the hang amp restart When the power to the PS is shut off or disconnected the MB looses all its settings I initially thought this was due to the CMOS battery being old and so I replaced it The problem persists Windows explorer crashes more often then I would think is normal for a Win system approx twice a week This doesn't usually cause a problem and explorer reboots itself and the computer continues working fine I usually restart shortly thereafter to be on the safe side I have suspected the PS HD and MB alternately but can't be sure which is the culprit I can't afford to buy new parts purely on suspicion and can't swap parts from my other systems long enough to verify that the problem won't reproduce itself after a while Would appreciate any advice on correcting the problem or testing parts you can offer System specs are below Win HP P GHz GB DDR RAM MB - ASRock i G HD - Kingston SNV -S BD GB SSD PS - SH W ATX

A:Hard Drive Activity Related Hang

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Honestly I'm surprised you're getting somewhat normal functionality at all out of that one. Windows 7 doesn't run well with under 2GB of memory and that PSU looks very underpowered. I'd bet that the real reason for your problems is the PSU.

Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Devin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/hard-drive-activity-related-hang-563467.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Norton windows appear with quot Threat requiring manual removal detected System Infected ZeroAccess Rootkit Activity quot and quot Threat requiring manual removal detected Tidserv Activity quot Both windows contain a link to the Norton website to quot Tell me how quot Have tried them both but still have the infection Found your forum topic and have followed the instructions there DDS txt and Attach txt files from those processes are below and ark txt is attached I await your instructions as to how to proceed Thank you in advance for your help DDS Ver - - Tidserv System & ZeroAccess Activity Activity 4 2 Infected: Rootkit - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by W L Rust at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV PC Cleaners Disabled Updated A -C D - -B A-B E B BB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportMgmtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System Infected: ZeroAccess Rootkit Activity 4 & Tidserv Activity 2 system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe svchost exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files D-Link DWA- AirNCFG exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program System Infected: ZeroAccess Rootkit Activity 4 & Tidserv Activity 2 Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system ANIWConnService exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C PROGRA RADIOR bar bin jbrmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system HPSIsvc exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Trusteer Rapport bin RapportService exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ofusa net uDefault Page URL partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd mStart Page hxxp securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks UrlSearchHook Class - e - fd - - f e fc - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll uURLSearchHooks D-Link Toolbar Search Class e fc - f - f f-a -cdffffbe c d - c program files d-link toolbar dlinktb dll uURLSearchHooks Coupons com Toolbar - - c -a ee- b - c program files coupons com prxtbCou dll uURLSearchHooks N A c ad -af d- e -b -b a efcf - c program files radiorage j bar bin jSrcAs dll mURLSearchHooks D-Link Toolbar Search Class e fc - f - f f-a -cdffffbe c d - c program files d-link toolbar dlinktb dll BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Coupons com Toolbar - - c -a ee- b - c program files coupons com prxtbCou dll BHO Toolbar BHO - fb- -... Read more

A:System Infected: ZeroAccess Rootkit Activity 4 & Tidserv Activity 2

Additional information:

Running Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002 SP3

on a Dell VOSTRO_200
GMER ended with the window "Warning!! GMER has found system modification caused by ROOTKIT activity."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444840/system-infected-zeroaccess-rootkit-activity-4-tidserv-activity-2/
Relevancy 58.48%

Continued from http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Sorry it 2 System & Tidserv 4 ZeroAccess Infected: Activity Activity Rootkit took me so long to reply I was out of the country for a few days I still can t get into repair mode normally however after a few tries I was able to get to the command prompt via the recovery disk Here are the results of scan I hope that s everything Scan result of System Infected: ZeroAccess Rootkit Activity 4 & Tidserv Activity 2 Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run SysTrayApp C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Program Files Dell Dell Wireless WLAN Card WLTRAY exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run CanonMyPrinter C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe logon - - CANON INC HKLM Run CanonSolutionMenu C Program Files x Canon SolutionMenu CNSLMAIN exe logon - - CANON INC HKLM-x Run Dell DataSafe Online quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe quot m - - HKLM-x Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe quot - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central quot C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot mode - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool quot C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot - - HKLM-x Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter - - SupportSoft Inc HKLM-x Run lxddmon exe quot C Program Files x x Lexmark Series lxddmon exe quot - - HKLM-x Run lxddamon quot C Program Files x x Lexmark Series lxddamon exe quot - - HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKU Aedren Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Aedren Run ISUSPM quot C ProgramData Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler - - Acresso Corporation HKLM-x RunOnce quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot quot C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpdate exe quot - - Dell Winlogon Notify GoToAssist C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist G AWinLogon x dll X Winlogon Notify igfxcui igfxdev dll Intel Corporation Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer SubSystems Windows ATTENTION gt ZeroAccess Startup C Users Aedren Start Menu Programs Startup Dell Dock lnk ShortcutTarget Dell Dock lnk - gt C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe Stardock Corporation Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk ShortcutTarget Adobe Gamma Loader lnk - gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe Adobe Systems Inc Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk ShortcutTarget McAfee Security Scan Plus lnk - gt C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe McAfee Inc Startup C Users Default Start Menu Programs Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk ShortcutTarget Dell Dock First Run lnk - gt C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe... Read more

Greetings And Welcome To The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
SubSystems: [Windows] ATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess
2 roammgr; C:\Windows\System32\tpkd.dll [6656 2009-07-13] (Oak Technology Inc.) ATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess
C:\Windows\System32\tpkd.dll
NETSVC: roammgr -> C:\Windows\system32\tpkd.dll (Oak Technology Inc.) ATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess
CMD: Del /q C:\Windows\Tasks\At*.job NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options. Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait. The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Gringo[/b]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457574/system-infected-zeroaccess-rootkit-activity-4-tidserv-activity-2/
Relevancy 58.48%

So norton keeps giving me pop ups of things Rootkit 2 ZeroAccess 4 Activity Infected: Tidserv Activity & System than require manual removal but nothing I do works I also seem to have what others say is the re-direct virus which I m assuming is related to System Infected: ZeroAccess Rootkit Activity 4 & Tidserv Activity 2 the Rootkit and tidserv activity I have tried everything I know of but nothing has worked so far I ve tried Power eraser malwarebytes spybot ad-aware TDSSKiller followed symantec s recommended directions but so far nada I have tried cleaning in safe mode and have had windows crash on me a few times leading me to have to use the OS disk to repair Not sure if you need this but tossing it in here anyway My norton is up to date and every so often is being hit with the below attempts yesterday and attempts so far today PM High Trojan Gen detected by Auto-Protect Blocked Resolved - No Action Required PM High Trojan Gen detected by Auto-Protect Blocked Resolved - No Action Required AM High Trojan Gen detected by Auto-Protect Quarantined Resolved - No Action Required c windows assembly temp u As a side note I also had the Norton error but have subsequently fixed that Reading through thr forums I saw someone with my exact problem but I figured I d create my own thread in case something is different Okay back on track now I followed the instructions from the Preparation guide and results are below I m running -bit so skipped GMER Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Aedren at on - - Running Processes C Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup TOASTER EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup COMPONENTS SCHEDULER STSERVICE EXE C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWWSC exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C ProgramData Macrovision FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x x Lexmark Series lxddmon exe C Program Files x x Lexmark Series lxddamon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW ping exe C Users Aedren Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Norton Security Suite Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll BHO W... Read more

Good evening. When you ran DDS it should have created a second log, Attach.txt, which i'd like to see the contents of. If you didn't save a copy you'll need to run DDS again.Also, when you ran TDSSKiller it should have created a log, which i'd also like to see. It will be located at the root of you hard drive as C:\TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.. Please check that you get the one with the right date and time as I want to see what, if anything, the tool actually detected and removed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453955/system-infected-zeroaccess-rootkit-activity-4-tidserv-activity-2/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Guys Extremely sorry to bother you guys here again with my issue so i was able to fix all my issue with my pc but now i have problem with File Transfer the Speed of a file to Speed with ? System issue File Tranfer Storage Enclosure TR8M+B be transfer from one hard drive to another is at Kbs on a brand new Storage Enclosure System TR M B See the problem is if i cant fix it by Thursday then i will have to return it as it last day to get full refund from newegg com I was testing this unit File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? to transfer file from hard drive in my pc to a hard drive in NSA and i notice that file transfer started at low MB s and then it goes down to KB File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? s and then stay at that for hours and then it goes down to KB File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ? s and stay there for hours and then it goes to KB s I left this file transfer for over days and no luck for it to complete I am not using Raid as i will have my software Raid F so at this moment i am trying to get everything working properly before i install software and applications My New unit is Sans Digital -Bay eSATA RAID JBOD Tower Storage Enclosure w G PCIe Card TR M B Black TR M B x Hard Drive Trays Power Cord x eSATA Cable RR Dual-Port eSATA Gb s PCIe x RAID Controller Sans Digital -Bay eSATA RAID JBOD Tower Storage Enclosure w G PCIe Card TR M B Black - Newegg com Here are DropBox Screenshots https www dropbox com sh coiweqm rmb d hEDFmPtyA I have tried to tranfer files from other drive too but the speed was very slow also but transfer completed with no issue as the file where single small file between MB s and MB s Here is my system info also Bus Adapters AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller AMD RAID Console HighPoint RCM Device JMicron JMB X Controller RocketRAID SATA Controller Silicon Image SiI SoftRaid Controller VIA VT RAID Controller ASMedia XHCI Controller x Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller x Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller x Other Devices VIA OHCI Compliant Host Controller ASUS Disk Unlocker Microsoft Composite Battery USB Input Device Standard PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free e NTFS on drive GB GB free f NTFS on drive GB GB free g NTFS on drive GB GB free h NTFS on drive GB GB free i NTFS on drive GB GB free j NTFS on drive GB GB free k NTFS on drive GB GB free l NTFS on drive GB GB free Drives Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space AMD X Mirror RAID SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n d a Hitachi HDS C ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Hitachi HDS C ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Hitachi HDS ALA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n JK YBJUN F Hitachi HDS BLA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Seagate ST DM - YN SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Seagate ST DM - F SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EARX- PASB SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EZRX- DC B SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive WDC WD EZRX- MMMB SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive Processor gigahertz AMD Phenom II X kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Operating System Windows Enterprise x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed PM Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure Boot not supported Main Circuit Board Board ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A EVO Rev xx Serial Number Bus Clock megahertz UEFI American Megatrends Inc Memory Modules Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Slot 'DIMM ' has MB Can someone please advise Thank you very much

A:File Tranfer Speed issue with Storage Enclosure System TR8M+B ?

Hello also forgot to say this unit work as : Drive Bays eSATA 6Gbps (via Port Multiplier) 8 Bay SATA to eSATA (Port Multiplier) JBOD Enc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311232-file-tranfer-speed-issue-storage-enclosure-system-tr8m-b.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have been facing similar problem described in links below:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=66071
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB0C032L0000R01.htm

I am using Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried upgrade my BIOS and fingerprint driver but the problem still not solved.

Can anyone suggests anything.
Really appreciate any help.

A:Satellite R830 Intermittent Hang up / Freeze with high fan speed

Hi

Try to uninstall this fingerprint software from the device manager and from control panel -> software.
Then reboot the notebook and clean the registry using the CCleaner tool which can be downloaded fro free since its freeware software.

Then reboot once again, go to BIOS, set it to default settings pressing F9 and save the changes before accessing the BIOS.

Then boot into the system and test the notebook behavior.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66815-Satellite-R830-Intermittent-Hang-up-Freeze-with-high-fan-speed
Relevancy 49.88%

I have unexcepted error...
PC is hang so many times...
Details are

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name USER-PC
System Manufacturer INTEL_
System Model DG41RQ__
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 2926 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. RQG4110H.86A.0009.2009.0108.1005, 08-01-2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale India
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
User Name user-PC\user
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.96 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory 3.92 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.03 GB
Page File Space 1.96 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:Hang Issue

I ran SFC/scannow cmd
Report is attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hang-issue-487662.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I just bought a lenovo pc 2 months ago with Windows XP Professional and the Service pack 3. About a week ago a program I was using froze up the computer completely. I restarted the computer and since then the computer will not shut down. I found the error code under help and support and I was hoping somebody here could help me solve this issue.

Hanging application LEAP.exe, version 2.4.0.5, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

It has been happening for a week now and the only way to shut down the computer is to hold down the power button. The Leap.exe is the program that was running at the time the computer froze. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brie

A:Hang up issue

Welcome to TSG

http://www.energycommunity.org/default.asp?action=9&read=1046&fid=22

You might have a look here for a solution for LEAP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hang-up-issue.872442/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guyz i m new here and i have 1 problem,i bought new gigabyte AM1M-S2H motherboard and kingstone 4gb ram the problem is my pc is hanging in evry 1/2 hr. and when i play movie it will hang in 10-15 mins. And alredy formatted my pc 2-4 tyms but no change.only my hard disc and SMPS are old plz suggest mi what should i do.

A:hang issue

Other than saying your computer has a Gigabyte GA-AM1M-S2H motherboard and has 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, we know nothing else about it.

What's the description and speed of its processor?
What's the description of its graphics device?
What's the description and wattage of its power supply?
Which Windows version and bit number is running in it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hang-issue.1171743/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am struggling with my Dell Inspiron 530s desktop since a while. Lately it hangs after sometime of usage. I am attaching a screenshot when the PC hangs

PS- I am not not so tech savvy so please help me out as a layman. I do not wish to take this issue to technician as all they do is format. I have already wiped clean my pc and the issue continues.

MY PC Details-

Dell Inspiron 530S
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit OS

Please HELP

A:PC Hang issue

Hello and welcome to TSF!

It say's above that you have already wiped the computer does this mean that you have had vista reinstalled? If so then since the issue has continued and from the picture you provided (thank you for doing so it makes it much easier to try and help) I would say this is a hardware problem, meaning that it is most likely a problem with the computer itself and not with Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-hang-issue-646759.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I have created a application whihc has following structure.

Application(lets say X) source code written using VS 2005 IDE in C#,there are dll's imported into it which are having functions to invoke another application(lets say Y).This imported dll's are created using VS 2008 IDE in C++.

My C# application X works fine it imports dll & calls functions written within it.

When a call to start aplication Y made from imported dll application starts fine but original app. X goes in hang state.

Event viewer has following info.

Source : Application Hang

Type: Error

Category: (101)

Event ID : 1002

Hanging application X.exe, version 6.4.2.1258, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Please let me know cause & solution for this issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/application-hang-issue-490221.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Alright here it is.

My internet connection is not working consistantly (when it's working at all) and the issue is neither with the ISP since there are three other computer using the same connection which work just fine.

I troubleshoot it, but it says nothing is wrong, yet, it won't let me use any browser, like ever anymore. I went to check the Network, and it says that all is peachy so to speak, that the signal is working properly and that I shouldn't be having any problems with my internet.

When I checked the Network Activity Status, they bytes sent were ridiculously high, and the ones received where very low.

Something else I tried to do was to renew the IP address in command prompt, but it says that all the medias are disconected. My computer is a Laptop from sony. An NS series.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Netwrok Activity Issue

Perhaps not the same scenario but my post may help you as well, if not... I apologize

http://www.vistax64.com/network-inte...epic-fail.html

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228079-netwrok-activity-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I need to get this problem fixed. I work at home as a Virtual Customer Service Agent. If I don't get this fixed I will not be able to continue my employment. Appreciate any assistance in this matter.
Description
Service Diagnostic Service Host hung on starting.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: ServiceHang
Service Name: WdiServiceHost
Image Name: wdi.dll
Image Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Service Type: 20
Start Type: 2
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 computer running Windows Vista.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x64 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1981 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228136 MB, Free - 107746 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5754 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY206
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:Service Hang - need help fixing issue

Bellbent
Welcome to Tech Support Guy

1. Control Panel, admin tools, services and check
Diagnostic Service Host - service
Check start type is manual.
Try and start the service
If it is already running try and stop the service, then restart
Check if there are any dependencies shown.
Also check the start type of those.

2. Open a cmd prompt and run a chkdsk /r on C drive

3. Open a cmd prompt and run
sfc /scannow
a system file check.
Here is how to run CHKDSK
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html

for the system file check open the elevated cmd prompt and type
sfc /scannow

4. Also check device manager for any warnings on any devices

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/service-hang-need-help-fixing-issue.1100922/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.59%

So starting yesterday I began to experience this odd issue it started after a session of GTAV with a friend my monitor went black and no sound was coming from my headphones and looking to my case there was no HDD activity as well The second time it happened was an hour later after I left my PC to idle for around or so minutes came back to find no picture after moving the mouse around and no HDD activity And the third instance just now when I returned from making myself a meal found the monitor in the 'off' state like it had done the previous Screen, no HDD issue; activity Odd Black two times after loosing picture and no HDD activity CrystalDiskInfo shows nothing Event logs only shows the unexpected power loss from me doing a hard reset no signs of anything overheating Malwarebytes finds nothing and nothing has changed for roughly a week Odd issue; Black Screen, no HDD activity before the problems began to occur I'm pretty worried given I've barely scrapped money together to make this thing the way it is Anyone have any idea where to look next to solve this issue Update Had it happen again whilst watching Youtube Video cuts out no more sound no HDD activity rebooting has no issues and no BSoD message that usually pop's up after a BSoD Ran a ChkDsk on my C drive waiting to see if the issue recurs still looking for suggestions as Google isn't coming up with anything Update Problem happened once more with same symptoms whilst simply having FireFox open PC with issues currently off and now reporting from laptop Update Reseted RAM modules and switched occupied slots while I was at it Also cleaned and reseted GPU and inspected card no abnormalities found Inspected motherboard as well No abnormalities found Proceeded to dust out unit with compressed air Unit currently booted into Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390758-odd-issue-black-screen-no-hdd-activity.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I have an ASUS M51V which has boot issues. When it boots it takes around 5 minutes to load and then enters a system recovery telling me to select my Windows Vista drivers.

During the boot it hangs on 'Auto-detecting AHCI Port 1..'

What would be on port one? The CD drive?

ASUS laptop, boots fine all other times, just started occuring

Any ideas? I'm fairly lost.

A:Boot Issue: AHCI Port 1 Hang?

its a bios issue not the operating system so to start with has bios reset? did you flash bios?

suggest entering bios usually press delete on start up or it will flash up for a second on boot like press f2 to enter set up, anyhow when in bios look for the port 1 which very likely is the hard drive, usually a feature is there to auto detect the drives so if so the try that, re boot if no good back to bios again to go to option set fail safe defaults re boot if that no good back again to other defaukts like optimised defaults, if all that does not work then possible isssue with the restore method on your lappy>? does it have a partition with an image on it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-issue-ahci-port-1-hang.942644/
Relevancy 48.16%

According to Microsoft's Redmond Magazine Quote Microsoft issued a quot Fix it quot -style patch on Tuesday for a Windows upgrade problem that results in a system hang The problem for Vista users upgrading to Windows is that the installer program never completes the upgrade Instead some users get a system hang after percent of the upgrade has been completed Microsoft is pointing to a Windows Vista plug-in quot IphlpsvcMigPlugin ddd quot as the culprit according to the Fix it blog The company had published a workaround with complex steps to follow Now users with the problem can use Microsoft's Fix it solution to carry out those same steps Hang Issue! Fixes Microsoft Upgrade 62% and complete their Windows upgrades Fix its are an attempt by Microsoft to simplify patching tasks spelled out in support bulletins The Fix it solution can be applied after the percent upgrade failure happens At that point the PC will roll back to Windows Vista Users can then visit this support page scroll down and click the quot Fix this problem quot link The link will run a wizard with steps to complete to apply the patch After the patch is applied users can try the Windows upgrade process again Microsoft cautions that this Fix it solution should not be used for Windows upgrades that halt at some other percentage than quot percent quot Windows was released to the general public last month but some individuals have reported various Microsoft Fixes 62% Upgrade Hang Issue! problems upgrading from Vista including an endless reboot problem still under investigation by Microsoft The main forum for getting help on Windows upgrade issues can be found here but Microsoft also offers other help resources I hope this helps some of our members

A:Microsoft Fixes 62% Upgrade Hang Issue!

Nice, Thanks. Maybe they needed more of us beta testers to in-place Upgrade Vista? So many of us are clean installers they missed this bug.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36351-microsoft-fixes-62-upgrade-hang-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have a HPZ that seems to be hanging on startup When turning the desktop on it Hang Possible - Up HPZ420 On Issue Driver Start seems to stick at the HP logo screen for a good HPZ420 Hang On Start Up - Possible Driver Issue - seconds before loading the login window Any idea what could be causing this I can see the following alert is thrown in EventViewer around the time of starting the desktop --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General The driver Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN GENERIC- amp PROD COMPACT FLASH amp REV amp Details - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Guid C A - - D-ABD -E C EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer - Security UserID S- - - - EventData DriverNameLength DriverName WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN GENERIC- amp PROD COMPACT FLASH amp REV amp Status FailureNameLength FailureName Driver WUDFRd Version - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP quot Guid quot C A - - D-ABD -E C quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot DriverNameLength quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot DriverName quot gt WpdBusEnumRoot UMB amp c b amp amp STORAGE VOLUME USBSTOR DISK amp VEN GENERIC- amp PROD COMPACT FLASH amp REV amp lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Status quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FailureNameLength quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FailureName quot gt Driver WUDFRd lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Version quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Not sure if these issues are related Any help and advice appreciated Thanks

A:HPZ420 Hang On Start Up - Possible Driver Issue

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Are there any USB Devices that are plugged in at start up ... Which you do not need ..

Up date all your Drivers .. Read the article below ...

Event ID 219 is logged after you install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

You might also have some Performance issues .. So follow the Tutorial below ..

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/321636-hpz420-hang-start-up-possible-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Currently running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on an HP computer purchased several months ago.

The Wireless Network Connection Status popup window Activity shows the following:
Bytes Sent:        28,853,819
Bytes Received:  8,155,502

What is causing the high number of bytes being sent, and where are they going?

Thanks in advance for any assistance in resolving this issue.

JohnPaulHelp
2015-08-28

A:Wireless Network or Internet Activity Issue

Is this soon after you turn on the machine? If not, this is perfectly normal behaviour.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584386/wireless-network-or-internet-activity-issue/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all I am having a hang freeze issue with my custom build It occurs intermittently seems like it does it one day and not the next The symptoms mouse cursor seems to get stuck in certain cursor shapes By this I mean if I mouse over a with weird cursor hang/freeze mouse issue text field the cursor might go to the quot I quot shaped text cursor and stay that way even after the hang/freeze with weird mouse cursor issue mouse leaves the field or if I mouse over a hyperlink the cursor might turn into the pointing hand and stay that way even after the mouse moves away I sometimes get hangs that last from to seconds where the mouse will not move and nothing is happening on the screen I have not noticed this in games mainly hang/freeze with weird mouse cursor issue when browsing the internet or moving files folders around in explorer probably unrelated but in the name of completeness I am having a lot of crashes of the game in Starcraft It seems like around half the time when I try to start the game it fails to launch and I hang/freeze with weird mouse cursor issue can't alt out then back in without it crashing and it crashes at other times as well Have tried reinstalling with no success So far I haven't had any system crashes or blue screens but a few times the hang has lasted so long that I just did a hard reset Have used memtest to check the RAM everything came back good there I am about to run a checkdisk on my OS drive as well Happy to provide any additional information that might help Thanks for reading

A:hang/freeze with weird mouse cursor issue

What mouse might help others to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293840-hang-freeze-weird-mouse-cursor-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have the same issue since I bought this SW edition in November.  I tried install/uninstalling softwares, finally the computer wont boot up.  I was able to find a solution and booted it back up, but it still freezes.  It seems it is not an isolated incident but a defect for this model.
Any fixes yet?   Reinstalling Win10 did not help either....
I tried chatting online but no one seems to be responding....  I also used this link ( http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03408309) but the freezing continues...

A:HP StarWars Edition (15-an001ne) Freeze/Hang Issue

Hi @Jacko67, I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you.With the Star Wars Edition Notebook freezing up. I am seeing that if you change the power plan options to balanced option in the Notebook will help. Here is a link that will help. Go into your power options. Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings. Then save setting changes. Restart your Notebook and see if the setting options have changed. You could also try: In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that categoryRight-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.Please get back to me how this goes. Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-StarWars-Edition-15-an001ne-Freeze-Hang-Issue/td-p/5604936
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,I'm encoutering sudden freeze/hang issue on my newly bought HP Star Wars Edition Laptop (15-an001ne) with product no. T8S34EA#ABV. at first I thought it's because of the not updated drivers etc. promted by HP support, but then after completing the update the freeze/hang still occurs. I only installed 2 games (Borderlands 2 & Guild Wars 2) on this laptop and yet even not playing them the freeze/hang occurs.Thank you,MJasonTP.S.May I add that it felt a little hot on the right half of the body of the notebook. but not that hot to be identified that it overheated.

A:HP StarWars Edition (15-an001ne) Freeze/Hang Issue

Hi @MJasonT?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your Star Wars Special Edition 15-an001ne Notebook and issues with freezing or hanging. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! Here is a link to a document for help, if this still happens.Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-StarWars-Edition-15-an001ne-Freeze-Hang-Issue/td-p/5438597
Relevancy 47.3%

K another broken comp thing, but found excellent help here before so thought id try before buying replacement parts

Got a 8800gt 512 "GS" and a 400w PSU to replace a 7600gt and 300w PSU.
after replacing both the monitors fail to get a signal and drives dont boot.
the mouse and keyboard also only light for about a sec.
The 8800 needs 450w min though..*****ic me. so replaced again with originals,
but the problem remains,HDDs,monitors and keyboard all work fine on other machines.
tried both cards,both PSUs,both pci-e ports,both pci-e power connections,different monitor and hdd.totally stuck right now and desperately need it working at the moment.

any help or advice from the superior knowledge here would be extremely appreciated, thanks

PSUs are Fortron 300W +12v=16a / NorthQ 400W +12v=18a ..i think

A:Desperately needing help, possible psu/mobo issue disabling all gpu activity

Neither of your power supplies have enough amperage to feed the 8800 GT. You need at 450 watts with at least 30 amps combined in the 12 volt section. Go a little over that if you can to be sure other devices have enough. This will fix this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desperately-needing-help-possible-psu-mobo-issue-disabling-all-gpu-activity.95456/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have Hp Notebook 1000 with following specs
500 gb hard
2gb ram
i3 2.40ghz
Windows 7 home basic 64 bit

when I use internet explore or any other browser along with skype ram usage goes to 1.76 gb or round about it means by using more applications ram usage increases and system slows down.
I have another laptop core2duo with following specs
2.7ghz
1gb ram
80 gb hard
windows 7 ultimate 32 bit

On this laptop by opening more applications the ram usage not increased too much

so what is the problem of my solution?

A:system hang because of ram

Hello salik and welcome to Seven Forums.

Computer # 1 has 2GB installed RAM and is running a 64-bit Windows 7.
Computer # 2 has 1GB installed RAM and is running a 32-bit Windows 7.

It's very likely that both machines are setting aside a small portion of total installed memory to be used with the video graphics card. Let's say they each set aside about .250GB (one-quarter GB.) Computer # 1 now has 1.750GB available RAM while Computer # 2 has only .750GB available RAM.

According to Microsoft, a 64-bit computer needs 2GB RAM while a 32-bit computer needs 1GB RAM.

Windows 7 system requirements - Microsoft Windows

Even if Microsoft over-estimated and it only takes .750GB RAM for either computer to work, Computer # 1 has 1.750GB available. As you open more apps your RAM usage will be able to show higher values. But Computer # 2 is already pretty much maxed out on RAM so it would be very unlikely to show a large increase as more apps are opened.

Solution: Add as much RAM as you can to both machines.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281373-system-hang-because-ram.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So Back in May I finally got a new computer Worked well for the first few days then I started experiencing this wonderful freezing issue that appeared out of the blue which has managed to survive a few system resets and a new hard drive Basically every hour or so my laptop would freeze up mouse would still be moving around but that's about it Whatever song I would be playing on my media I (at hang System it's that) think least player would get stuck whatever video I might be watching at the time would stop and so on I'd restart and I'd have a whole blessed hour-ish before it would freeze up again This would occur - times a night I tried - system resets and things ran swimmingly for a day or so before starting up again Got a new hard drive after the first one failed and same thing - worked well for or so days then started freezing System hang (at least I think it's that) again The only difference is with the new current hard drive it isn't freezing as frequently I'd say this happens every other day once to maybe twice a night usually starts happening after an hour and a half or two hours In addition rather than just completely seizing up right away I typically have a few seconds where I can click System hang (at least I think it's that) around quickly write something before a restart is necessary No idea if it's a temperature issue So even though this isn't happening as frequently now it's still an issue that I'd like to get help for as it's something of a limiting factor in terms of actually being productive even if it ends up freezing up just once or not at all I would not count myself as a computer-savvy individual try as I might so that just throws me for even more of a loop whenever I try to figure this out for myself Any System hang (at least I think it's that) assistance nudges in the right direction would be greatly greatly appreciated Edit some specs Operating System - Windows -bit x -based processor GB RAM GB usable Processor - Intel reg Pentium reg CPU N GHz GB free of GB

A:System hang (at least I think it's that)

Hello!
Normally when freezing occurs it means overheating, hard drive is going bad, or a driver/software issue. Seeing as though the hard drive was already replaced I'd lean more towards overheating or drivers. I would download this and keep and eye on the temps for the processor. From what I see the max temp for your processor is 105c.
 http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
If its not the temps it is then software based. If you have an antivurs program installed, make sure you don't have a 2nd one installed. Otherwise they will "attack" each other and cause the system to freeze.
Lastly, make sure your drivers on the machine are up to date.
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559854/system-hang-at-least-i-think-its-that/
Relevancy 47.3%

It seem my computer is running much slower recently. When I try to edit a file with Notepad++ the system hangs. And can't ctrl alt del out of it so I end up having to do a hard reboot. It tends to take longer to boot after that. I don't know if its because of the hard reboot or just because my computer is running crappy. I've run Malwarebytes and avast. I have also run disk cleanup. Any ideas? Let me know if you need more info. Its a Dell Inspiron, about 2 years old, with an AMD Athlon II 2.2 3GB RAM and a 320 HD w/ 207GB free. Please help.

A:System hang

Does it happen when you try and open notepad++ normally or is it just when you right click a file and choose "edit with notepad++"?
When exactly does it happen? Is it when saving, typing to edit the file or when notepad++ is loading?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447248/system-hang/
Relevancy 47.3%

well this problem has been creating head ache for me. i am having system hangs. i dont have any infections in my computer but still it hangs whenever i try connecting to net. it happens when using yahoo, gmail or internet explorer. i searched if there is any infections but nothing is there. it also hangs when i connect LAN cable between my desktop and laptop. it would be great if someone helps me plssssssss......

A:system hang

Hi Vignesh and welcome to the Forum
I t looks as if you have a modem/router problem. If I get it right it is the connection to the net and between PC's that is the problem. First off I would try rebooting your Modem/router. Not quite sure what you mean when you say it hangs when you connect a lan cable between a PC and your laptop. Why are you doing that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/82859-system-hang.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Well, for almost six months I've had a system hang issue.
If I try to upload a file in my browser (any of them), I have a system hang. As far as I can tell, it's caused by something apache v-hosts does. I replicated this by installing XAMPP on other computers and running them with vhosts enabled (even with no internet connection), and they all seem to have this issue. I've uninstalled XAMPP, but the problem still remains. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hang.1128789/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have recently had a problem with my computer randomly locking up within the past two weeks. My mouse cursor will be fine but everything else stops working. I am able to close applications but not open any, including Task Manager. I am not able to do anything until I do a hard restart. This happens, roughly, twice a week.

OS - Windows 7 x64
This is the only OS installed on this PCFull retail versionAge of system - 4 yearsAge of OS installation - 1.5 yearsCPU - AMD FX-6300Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950MotherBoard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0Power Supply - Coolmax 850wCustom built desktop

When I try to attach a Performance Report, it says I am not permitted to upload this kind of file. As per http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/ I saved it as an HTML file but, again, cannot attach it, even if I zip it first.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621377/system-hang/
Relevancy 47.3%

HellO!

My computer hangs and even if i format the computer it doesn't work.can u help me?

when i press CTRL+ALT+DEL and press Strart task Manage after few minutes system work perfect.

System:-
Main Board MSI Eclipse; Corei7 920 2.6Ghz;3X2GB DDR3 TR3X6G1600C8D;Segate Hard Disk 1000GB;MSI GTX 295;Casing HAF 932 ;Cooler Master 750W;Cooler Master-90HS/120 fan;Lite on DVD Combo 2;Cooling Solution Cooler Master Z600;

A:System Hang

1) Do a startup repair.

Startup Repair

2) If above does not help, boot into safe mode. If things work properly, its probably a faulty program or driver.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/76229-system-hang.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've had 2 system hangs today, approximately 4hrs apart. In both cases, the mouse cursor froze, although when moving the mouse the LED behaved normally. Also, the keyboard was dead, no keys would work and the lock indicators would not operate when the appropriate key was pressed. The F.Lock indicator did work, and was toggable.

I've rolled back the drivers for the keyboard and mouse from versions 8.0.225.0 to 7.0.280.0, and shall see if that makes any difference. I've not installed any software, nor done anything different to what I normally do.

I remember that NVidia once had a buggy graphics driver and had to withdraw it, so I'm wondering whether or not the same has occured with Microsoft's latest mouse and keyboard drivers. I suppose it could be possible.

If it does it again, I shall probably reinstall (I'm thinking of doing this anyway).

A:System Hang

Dwarf, that was the symptoms I had and it was my NVidia drivers. I had to use older drivers to cure the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109723-system-hang.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a HP laptop with window ult installed A lot of times when I open the laptop it the system will hang I can still move the mouse but it will not do anything I can also ctrl-alt-delete but it will not do anything either Then the mouse stops working and I have to shutoff the laptop I haven t installed anything new or removed anything It just started doing this out of the blue I am posting my hijackthis log please take a look and see if anything look odd system hang Thanks for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm system hang exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users Cortney AppData Roaming U C LaunchPad exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe D Downloads HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil o ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run BCSSync quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quot C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe quot starttray O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher qu... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.AndPlease download Sophos Anti-rootkit & save it to your desktop.alternate download linkNote: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.Be sure to print out and read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual and Release Notes.Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now".Click Yes and allow the driver and its randomly named .tmp file (i.e. F.tmp) to load if asked.If the scan did not start automatically, make sure the following are checked:Running processesWindows RegistryLocal Hard DrivesClick Start scan.Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.
Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.logThis should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log in your next reply. If you have a problem, you can find sarscan.log in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp\... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404629/system-hang/
Relevancy 47.3%

Last night just after logging in my computer suddenly went into reset mode though it never actually started up again just hung there in pre-POST with the screen blank After hitting the manual reset button it went straight into the BIOS where I saw the red warning During the last boot-up your hang System system hung for an improper speed setting Your system is now working in Safe mode System hang etc Now since I ve never even attempted an overclocking with System hang this system this message was a mystery Further the CPU setting in the BIOS was not on manual but had the correct setting of mhz When I exited the BIOS it failed to reboot and remained dormant till I did the manual reset When I shut it down completely and power it up again it also hangs in pre-POST except that I now here the voice editor which normally tells me everything is ok say gt System failure due to CPU overclocking lt So I need to hit the reset button again Another thing which may be related Two days ago when I checked something in the BIOS making no changes the screen was fine Since last night the BIOS image flickers every few seconds flashing bits and pieces of the screen on top of the image My specs Motherboard Azues P G X Chipset Intel E MCH Intel DB CH BIOS Award Modular BIOS v Processor Pentium CPU GHZ Memory DDR MB Graphics Nvida G-force AGP- x Installed just two weeks ago OS XPpro with SP I ve run all the usual anti-malware virus an trojan scans as well as a couple of anti rootkit programs even tried system restore in case this thing might be software related but I don t see how it could be especially as I ve made no software changes to my system in more than a week Hope the above is clear enough and thanks for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hang.566381/
Relevancy 47.3%

issue: computer randomly hangs. screen freezes. no bsod. have to turn off with power button. won't post after hang unless the battery is removed from the mobo for five minutes and the placed back in.

the mobo has been replaced twice now. the processor has been replaced. the psu has been swapped out. won't boot with on board v card or my other v card. tried no ram. tried one stick. tried with no hard drive or fans connected to mobo. i've literally tried every possible combination. i thought i had it narrowed down to the mobo, had it replaced (was doing hangs AND bsods before). worked for a week with new mobo. now is having the same hang issue. any ideas.

did you apply enough thermal paste?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-hang-594729.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, well, lately i purchased 2*1gb sticks of RAM to upgrade my heap-of-poo computer. When i installed them and turned the PC on, the system would boot up and then hang at the XP loading screen with screen anomalies and then go through the process in a loop. Can anyone help me? My motherboard is an INTEL D915GAG and the RAM was bought from ebay from the states (i was assured that it would work here) Many Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

Clock interrupt

Thanks to those on this forum for their help recently.

I got no errors from driver verifier or memtest, but I did pull out all the RAM chips and stick them back in to make sure they were properly seated. Following this, the system was more stable for a couple of weeks.

Now, however, instead of a blue screen of death, I'm just getting sudden hangs/freeze-ups about once-or-twice a day. The machine is totally nonresponsive and has to be restarted by a power-off and back on.

Any more ideas?

Cheers

Tom

A:System hang

Can we get a bit more information about your system? The following instructions help with more than just blue screens and can be informative to us with system hangs, as well.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-hang-682740.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hii,
wenever i am opening windows explorer or control panel. it gets hang. the following message is displayed.

Problem event name: App Hang B1
Application Name:Explorer.exe
Application Version:6.0.6002.18005
Application Time stamp:49e01da5
Hang Signature: ccb3
Hang Type: 1
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 755c851d77356df8ff34370d90da8d8
Additional Hang Signature 2: e21d
Additional Hang Signature 3: 13298260b729eeec70731748ecd8a172
Additional Hang Signature 4: b23b
Additional Hang Signature 5: 22a683d4fe15a95842c37252313b7d3
Additional Hang Signature 6: f6f6
Additional Hang Signature 7: 46f7e2c80466895a8ad3a8d03160ec96

please send me a solution asap.

A:help me with system hang

Open up Task Manager (right click on the Task Bar)
Select the Processes tab
Click on "Show processes from all users" in the lower left
Double click on the Image Name column to sort alphabetical

Open up explorer and let it hang
Right click on the explorer.exe process that's hanging (if there's more than one you'll have to experiment to figure it out (use the PID column in View...Select columns).
Select "Create dump file"

The program will tell you where the dump file is located.
Upload it to a free file hosting service (I like Box.net | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces ~ Free Version)
Share it
Then post a link to it here.
We'll analyze the hang in a debugger to see if it gives us any further info.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/238926-help-me-system-hang.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Since running Windows XP I have experienced system activity on my machine The yellow light on my case resembles a heartbeat and some of the time an annoying round disc accompanies my curser system activity that when active follows in time with the light There appears to be no activity through my system activity cable router I disabled temporarily all my system activity start-up programs in ms-config to find a cause I have Si Meter running and it shows blips of processor activity It system activity is becoming like fingernails over a chalkboard From Belarc Advisor Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build VIA Technologies Inc VT - Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board VT - Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space AOPEN DVD AAP CD-ROM drive ATAPI CDRW X CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive HDS VLAT Hard drive GB -- drive s n xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx rev V OA A SMART Status Healthy IOMEGA ZIP Hard drive -- drive Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Local Drive Volumes c on drive GB GB free Network Drives Users Printers local user accounts last logon Owner PM admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account APOLLO P Series on USB Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce MX with AGP X Display adapter CTX Monitor quot vis Default Monitor Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller Unimodem Full-Duplex Audio Device Vinyl AC Codec Combo Driver WDM Communications Other Devices HSP MR Modem Net Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Network Card MAC Address xxxxxxxxxxxxx Network IP Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx NEC OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub Virus Protection Norton AntiVirus Version Virus Definitions Version Rev Last Disk Scan on Friday April AM Realtime File Scanning On Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top DataAccess Q on details DirectX DX details Internet Explorer Q details Q details SP SP Windows Media Player Q details WM details WM details SP Q on details Windows XP SP KB on details KB on details Windows XP SP continued KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details Q on details Q on details Q on details Q on details In addition I have Anti-Keylogger running with Spy-Bot SnD I know of no more to add Please head me in the right direction Thanks seahawk nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone I was curious if hang-up SSD Dell's issue Optiplex mini 7010 tower anyone else experienced this issue I have a Dell OptiPlex desktop mini tower that I bought off the official Dell site I configured that mini tower to have an SSD drive as the main drive which I like very much except one very annoying issue Sometimes out of the blue Windows will hang up I can't click anything and the mouse starts spinning in a circle This continues on for about half a minute and then it always comes back to life Suddenly I start getting all my previous clicks moving windows opening things etc all at once This happened at least a dozen of times by now and I started to notice Dell's Optiplex 7010 mini tower SSD hang-up issue that when this happens the HDD SSD LED on the case glows solid which made me suspect that there's something going on with the drive itself Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix this PS I tried contacting Dell support about this issue but they are pretty useless I spent several hours in a chat with a guy once that eventually simply hung up on me Then I emailed someone at Dell for which the guy replied with instructions to run their hard drive diagnostic tool which I did that did not show any errors Note that I don't have a hard drive it's a solid state drive I replied to the guy only to never hear from him again So I think I'm pretty much done with the Dell support

A:Dell's Optiplex 7010 mini tower SSD hang-up issue

Hi,

Have you tried updated the firmware on the SSD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289391-dells-optiplex-7010-mini-tower-ssd-hang-up-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I had a virus that took over the desktop It was the Systemtools I used Malwarebytes affecting issue activity, Malware i with belive registries rootKit to remove it but now I have another that is canceling my sound driver and Malware issue with rootKit activity, i belive affecting registries flashing pages to my internet I use IE and Mozilla Here is my DDS report DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Running Processes C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files idt intelxpv v wdm STacSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware Msssrv exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware MssCli exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads dds scr C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uStart Page hxxp www google com mDefault Page URL hxxp www gatewaybiz com mStart Page hxxp www gatewaybiz com mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Search Toolbar d -d - -bab -ab a - c program files search toolbar SearchToolbar dll BHO CNisExtBho Class ecb - f - bbc- d- ddf e - c program files common files symantec shared adblocking NISShExt dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO CNavExtBho Class bdf e -b - ad-a -fadc b - c program files norton internet security norton antivirus NavShExt dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SingleInstance Class ... Read more

A:Malware issue with rootKit activity, i belive affecting registries

Hello tazbear, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.We need to disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection as it may interfere with the fixes that we need to make. Open Windows Defender. Click on Tools, General Settings. Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended). After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable Real-time Protection again.2.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.3.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixThis tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Re... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371557/malware-issue-with-rootkit-activity-i-belive-affecting-registries/
Relevancy 46.87%

There appears to be an issue with KB which was pushed out via our WSUS servers as a critical patch on nbsp All of our Lenovo Thinkpad Ideapad Yoga models running win have hung when the system is rebooted after this update is installed nbsp I KB3123862 system causes hang suspect that the fact that there are updated modified versions of some key system files is causing problems with our rd-party full disk encryption product nbsp Has anyone else reported similar issues nbsp We are a county government agency and do not intend to migrate our PC's to Win just yet nbsp Since this KB3123862 causes system hang is KB3123862 causes system hang a fairly typical practice in corporate environments I'm wondering why this patch was issued as critical when it clearly is not NOTE I originally posted this question KB3123862 causes system hang on the MS Community site and it was recommended that I place it here instead nbsp Also the encryption software in question is CheckPoint FDE - which does not support Win There is a newer version available that does have Win support but frankly if we're going to upgrade the encryption software AND the OS we might as well just re-image because that's sure to be quicker nbsp Again while I understand the desire on the part o Microsoft to encourage migration to the latest OS I think it was unwise to roll out as critical a patch like this to corporate environments

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d86027a-b0b0-4700-961b-f2429890ba19/kb3123862-causes-system-hang?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 46.87%

Started a few days ago have never had a problem like this Anyway as the title states about every minute my system will freeze I'll be able to move the mouse but take no actions sometimes the loading cursor will appear minute hang System so or every will almost always the window I'm in will display the not responding text in the title Any text I'm entering will still be processed showing up after the hang is over When playing movie clips audio will continue also but video will freeze Lasts about seconds happens every minute or so Seems to happen most often in firefox have tried reinstall Also when the hang occurs I can usually switch windows out of the one that froze and have those open programs unaffected Ran gmer didn't get any quot rookit activity quot warning so I had nothing to select quot NO quot to also checkboxes from system to System will hang every minute or so libraries were all grayed out so I just ran it with Services Registry Files C and ADS checked but no others When it finished it just said quot SCAN STOPPED quot Attached files Have boot CD available DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Xolias at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP avast antivirus VPS - enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system mqsvc exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x OpenCase OpenCASE Media Agent MediaAgent exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files Eraser Eraser exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files x Electronic Arts EADM Core exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files x Trillian trillian exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x Creative Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/system-will-hang-every-minute-or-so-444627.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Asus Mobo capable of holding both DDR and SDRAM (not simultaneously)

It runs fine with SDram but when i put DDR ram in the system frequently hangs after around 10 - 20 mins.

I have...

Athlon XP 1.7GHz
256MB DDR RAM
40GB HD
Asus Geforce 3 v8200 64MB DDR AGP

My system is kept cool so its not an overheating problem...

i need help! any suggestions welcome!

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Need some help in my started The hang system up to situation - days ago system started to hang The system started to hang up up every boot after some time - The system started to hang up minutes No programs were installed no drivers either After some manipulations with my viaraid driver the system didnt even boot it froze on the windows logo no boot in safe mode too After i worked from windows PE and deleted files Msft Kernel Apfiltr Wdf Msft Kernel ccdcmb Wdf Msft Kernel ew jubusenum WdfMsft User PCCSWpdDriver Wdf Msft User WpdFs Wdf Msft User WpdMtpDr Wdf from windows system drivers and files umstartup etl perfh dat B FB - B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A B FB - The system started to hang up B- e-B - C E B - P- C -A - d- - D A my system started to boot normally but it hangs again Did some antivirus tricks from windows pe and deleted all suspicious files not system - nothing worked The system hangs faster when i start to work in browser any It also hangs in safe mode What could you recommend me to do

A:The system started to hang up

Should i post logs from combofix, frst and others?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502362/the-system-started-to-hang-up/
Relevancy 46.87%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Windows Pls Out hang Help, system and Pop my Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS VXNlcg command exe C WINDOWS MsLX exe C WINDOWS mswmf exe C Program Files Network Monitor netmon exe C WINDOWS Pls Help, Windows Pop Out and hang my system system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C p exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System msupdate exe C WINDOWS System msp exe C WINDOWS System servs exe C WINDOWS System sky exe C WINDOWS System lsx exe C WINDOWS System mswupdate exe C WINDOWS System mssvcc exe C WINDOWS System ntx exe C Program Files Efficient Networks SpeedStream DSL SPDSTRM EXE C WINDOWS System SysWsc exe C WINDOWS System svchots exe C WINDOWS System mshelper exe C Program Files Network network exe C WINDOWS System wlsass exe C bm exe C WINDOWS System ppl exe C WINDOWS System xwin exe C WINDOWS System ywin exe C WINDOWS System mssecure exe C WINDOWS System msvc exe C WINDOWS System cc exe C windows winsysban exe C WINDOWS System wmfms exe C WINDOWS System syscat exe C WINDOWS System mswwmf exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Common Files Windows services exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS System win exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchbar findthewebsiteyouneed com O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run lsass C p exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Compaq Service Drivers msconfig exe O - HKLM Run msconfig msupdate exe O - HKLM Run Mi sft sdce scorti exe O - HKLM Run msp C WINDOWS System msp exe O - HKLM Run Mirsft sdce servs exe O - HKLM Run WINDOWS SKY sky exe O - HKLM Run lsx C WINDOWS System lsx exe O - HKLM Run microsft windows updates mswupdate exe O - HKLM Run msconfig mssvcc exe O - HKLM Run ntx C WINDOWS System ntx exe O - HKLM Run DSL Monitor C Program Files Efficient Networks SpeedStream DSL SPDSTRM EXE O - HKLM Run Microsoft Service TOols MStools exe O - HKLM Run newupdate SysWsc exe O - HKLM Run winsvchos svchots exe O - HKLM Run winns mshelper exe O - HKLM Run Network C Program Files Network network exe O - HKLM Run wlsass C WINDOWS System wlsass exe O - HKLM Run Anti-Virus Update Scheduler C bm exe O - HKLM Run ppl C WINDOWS System ppl exe O - HKLM Run xwin C WINDOWS System xwin exe O - HKLM Run ywin C WINDOWS System ywin exe O - HKLM Run win C WINDOWS System win exe O - HKLM Run secures mssecure exe O - HKLM Run winnsvc msvc exe O - HKLM Run winsystems winsystems exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run cc C WINDOWS System cc exe O - HKLM Run winsysupd C windows winsysupd exe O - HKLM Run winsysban C windows winsysban exe O - HKLM Run msdeas wmfms exe O - HKLM Run syscat syscat exe O - HKLM Run msde mswwmf exe O - HKLM RunServices Compaq Service Drivers msconfig exe O - HKLM RunServices msconfig msupdate exe O - HKLM RunServices Mi sft sdce scorti exe O - HKLM RunServices Mirsft sdce servs exe O - HKLM ... Read more

A:Pls Help, Windows Pop Out and hang my system

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pls-help-windows-pop-out-and-hang-my-system-86296.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a custom built workstation running XP Pro It's been running System Strange Hang nearly for years with occasional upgrades to the video card and extra HDD I keep the system clean and it has plenty of ventilation I run AV regularly and am careful about what I download and have not installed any new Strange System Hang apps recently A week ago I went on vacation so I powered the system down When I powered it back up a week later the HDD indicator light came on and Strange System Hang stayed on Strange System Hang After a couple of reboots it started acting normally again Now a few days later the system is hanging in a very strange way My dual monitors go black but the monitors indicate they are still getting a video signal their lights stay green The system is completely unresponsive and has to be reset The system comes back up works for a variable amount of time and then repeats Right before the last couple of crashes Firefox crashes first and can't be restarted - then the whole system goes black No BSOD no nothing I've plugged the HDDs into another system and they spin up and I can read data from them I think the video card but that was replaced about a year ago I also replaced the power supply in the same time frame and have plenty of capacity power-wise I'm stumped

A:Strange System Hang

Keep an eye on your temps...get the temps from bios and then run a software program from windows that can monitor temp. You want to compare your bios temp with software right after windows finishes loading to insure software program is reporting temps correctly. Also if software monitors gpu temp(graphics card) great. You want to see the temps around time of hang. It also won't hurt to get the latest video card drivers available.
You can also follow instructions here and post any logs generated from hang.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-system-hang-503765.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently build my own computer using the following components:

-AMD Athelon XP 2100+
-MSI 6431 K7 Master mobo
-Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64mb
-256 MB DDR
-Windows 98 SE
I was able to install windows and all my components just fine. Now when I start up my computer, after it shows the initial boot menu with BIOS info and IDE Devices the screen goes blank with a blinking cursor in the top left. This is normally where it would display the IRQ settings and the message "Verifying DMI Pool Data". Then it just remains at that blank screen. Occassionally when I start up the computer it will load everything fine. Please help, thank you!

A:System Hang on bootup

hylo,

I have seen the black screen and blinking cursor a couple of times.

I resolved it by reloading the video card driver. If you can get it to boot normally check version #. Or just install driver from here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hang-on-bootup.107364/
Relevancy 46.87%

When booting into my XP install, it now hangs for about 5 mins on the blue progress bar screen. What could be causing this to happen? I didn't change any hardware or anything in the computer, except I overwrote an MBR on the slave drive. I know that the slave drive isn't affecting it because when I disable it completley in the BIOS, the same problems happen.

Relevancy 46.87%

hi,
I am trying to fix a problem since last 2 days.
can anyone please help me to fix it.

Just when i log on to win xp, the desktop is displayed.just after that the system hangs. i cant make any operation even after log on,as it gives no time between log on and hang.
i m using win 2003 server also.annd facing the same problem.it also hangs just after logon.even sometime it doesnt logon to display the desktop.
i use p4-2.4 intel. ,asrock mobo p4i45gv. 1gb ram and 160 hdd.
it was workin fine some days before in another hdd of 40gb. then if showed blue screen of death. 2-3 times.i changed hdd to 160gb. it worked for 2-3 days and showed this problem.

please any one help me.
regards,
ap.

A:system hang problem

hi,
it sound like a registry problem
u nedd to clean it and reorginized
u can try al those free soft
but i think they good for small problem for real problem like yours i think you should buy a good one.
i bought one few mounth ago and it work great and also get free live update and optimized my system so it now stable and fast.
if you dont fix your problem with the free one and you want to buy one i might suggests u the one i bought .
just post me and i tell u the name of it .
good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-hang-problem-319222.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi folks My problem has so far foxed the techies at Activision and quite a Random System Hang few boards I subscribe to You lot are my last hope The problem manifests itself as seemingly random system hangs The sound makes a kind of phut and simultaneously the screen freezes I can still see what is on the screen but there is no input Caps lock light doesn t Random System Hang respond and HDD light is unlit The pc is on but no-one appears to be home Reset button is the only way to get out This happens as I have said Seemingly at random be it in windows or games After re-boot visited links sometimes have returned to the unvisited colour Sometimes not I have also noticed after some of these hangs but not all the clock time is wrong it has reset to a different time zone While the occurrence of Random System Hang these hangs seem random certain things seem to precipitate them Rome Total War causes it every time in the battle map and yet none of my other games do IL Sturmovik also causes the hangs Random System Hang but only when I play in Direct X mode Open GL seems much more stable Certain amateur websites also cause the same problem You know the ones those with music and weird and wonderful scripts running When I first bought the PC I had some heat problems Prescott CPU but with the new BIOS and the application of some fans this problem has now been sorted I run at degrees load I have done the following since discovering this issue The latest ATI Cat drivers The latest Soundmax Onboard sound drivers Latest Chipset Drivers Newest BIOS Fannied around with AGP settings and Fast Write in Catalyst Control Centre Tried shutting down all running processes and re-running Rome the best way to ensure a freeze I have also reformatted and re-installed windows to no avail PC Info Pentium E Ghz HT X ASUS P P S-E Deluxe Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio Radeon XT mb Cat Drivers mb PC DDR SDRAM Maxtor Y P Western Digital WDC WD JD- HBB LITE-ON DVD SOHD- T SAMSUNG DVD R RW SH-W A XP Pro SP What s foxing me is the random nature of these freezes as well as the seemingly random nature of the effects of the freezing Any help on this would be hugely appreciated It s driving me nuts Let me know if you d like to see DXDIAG or EVEREST info nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

When ever I play Half-Life or Wolfenstein my system hangs up What it does is the screen goes into standby mode and so does my computer It looks like its in standby mode The screen is all black I emailed Hercules support they think its a bad card but I don t want to send my card for obvious reasons plus I believe that its the software not the card So I emailed my motherboard manufacturer telling them its a possible IRQ conflict but nothing helped Epox and Hercules support didn t help at all The reason why I believe this is software because my previous Up Hang System Huge card Voodoo PCI did the same problem while playing under Direct X So I m figuring it could be left over drivers from the voodoo or something else Another thing that puzzles me is that when Huge System Hang Up I was defragmenting my OS drive and it did the same thing While all my games are on a seperate drive which is a non-ntfs drive but fat Huge System Hang Up I m wondering if it could be drive conflicts between ntfs and fat I seriously don t know what is causing this It think one thing and it turns out to be something else Thank you for your time Dave Also when I had my voodoo i couldn t get back onto my computer for about hours while with my new card its only minutes or so nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Window XP Pro
Service Pack 2
Intel Core Duo

system does not boot up. upon startup, the normal process goes until the Windows XP loading screen and then hangs up with a black screen and does not load the operating system anymore.

if you think you know the cause and solution of this. kindly post it here. thanks in advance

Relevancy 46.87%

Windows 7 is stalling during general use for around 30 seconds every 10 mins.

There have been about 4-5 BSOD following the stalls.

Windows is on an SSD that is about 4 years old and reports 45% life remaining.

Any help is appreciated.

Windows 7 64
MSI 790FX-GD70
AMD 965BE @ 3400 MHz OC off
XFX4890 x2 crossfire
OCZ vertex SSD 60GB
2x4GB Mushkin 1600 9-9-9-24
XFX 750 PSU

A:System hang with some BSOD

Is the firmware of the SSD up to date?

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\YUSRA\Downloads\debug-MASTER-Tue_01_06_2015_125044_41\010515-33883-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03207000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0344a890
Debug session time: Tue Jan 6 07:38:00.943 2015 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:22:55.441
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8008816b30, fffffa8008816e10, fffff80003582270}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa8008816b30, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa8008816e10, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff80003582270, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
------------------

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa8008816b30

IMAGE_NAME: wininit.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: wininit

FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000

PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_c0000005

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) x86fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0372b0e8 fffff800`0360aab2 : 00000000`000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`08816b30 fffffa80`08816e10 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0372b0f0 fffff800`035b5abb : ffffffff`ffffffff fffffa80`0a538060 fffffa80`08816b30 fffffa80`08816b30 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
fffff880`0372b130 fffff800`03534f04 : ffffffff`ffffffff ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357563-system-hang-some-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys A couple of days ago I was asked to installed automatic updates these being Critical update for Office XP on Windows XP SP KB Cumulative security update for IE for XP SP KB Microsoft GDI dectection tool KB Anyway when I first tried to install these the install screen just hung on quot initializing install quot I cancelled this and it hung again I ended the program to shut restore System hang... down the machine Upon powering down System restore hang... I was informed quot Do not turn off machine while updates are being installed quot quot installing of I waited for over an hour and it was still on of The procedure of trying to install this continued until I looked up this site and downloaded the patch as per sticky post quot Update for Windows XP Service Pack quot However this will not install but instead just hangs on creating a backup restore point On top of this I have tried to create a restore point independently and the application will not even boot up Please does anybody know what is going on and what action I should take Thanks in advance Simon nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

HI,
I HAVE A NEW PC (HP PAVILLION, AMD ATHLON 62 X 2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 3800+) IF THAT HELPS
I HAVE ALL THE USUAL SPYWARE &ANTI-VIRUS INSTALLED , I RECEIVE THE UPDATES.
THE PROBLEM IS EVERDAY ONE PROGRAM ALWAYS STOPS RESPONDING & MY ERROR LOG IS MASSIVE,

EG: MSINFO STOPPED INTERACTING WITH WINDOWS, APPLICATION HANG,

Neither copy of the RSM database is consistent: Reconstructing using the main datafile.

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.
HELP PLEASE, I HAVE CONTACTED HP BUT MY 30 DAY SOFTWARE WARRANTY
HAS RUN OUT, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG Aaaaaahhhh!!

A:new pc so many errors , system hang etc

eh, sounds like you gotta lot of bloatware i would suggest reinstalling vista or putting xp on it, but please explain more of this problem i think it might be hardware conflicts

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-pc-so-many-errors-system-hang-etc-166417.html
Relevancy 46.87%

System Specs are availible --->

well its been like this since i got it, now its just getting annoying, i have already updated the mobo bios to the most recent, "Fix's System Hang On Crashfree"
well yep the rest still confuses me.. all drivers are uptodate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-hang-on-start-up.152023/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am back again with yet another new issue I have recently purchased a seagate g mb cache HD Killdisked it and did a new format on it as well while installing a fresh copy of Win Pro I got all of my Service Pack updates and reinstalled my Diablo game I was seeing a major performance Improvment until i downloaded this hack program for a map modifier within the System up! Solved: hang game to get full view of each map within diablo The Monitor went black and the computer restarted for no reason at all It then brought up my win set up screen and said during my last boot-up Your system hung for improper frequency combinations I have no clue what this means I went back to the hack program and deleted every string attached to this file and rebooted my computer No more issues so far I need to know what are my combinations supposed to be set at and is it safe to run my game still My system is ASUS P V X chipset is via vt c x Apollo Pro A pc sdram CPU is Solved: System hang up! MHZ P I have mb ram Please help Oh yeah when i attempt to install a second game my comp freezes for a short sec and tells me not enough virtual memory to execute program nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

my systen hangs completely after some time when I connected to broadband.I changed my motherboard, hard drive as some suggest me that its a virus problem, but problem still persist.when I use LIME WIRE or any download manager then it hangs just after I click on that.reinstall my OS many times.... please help me i am very much fedup ..please suggest me something

A:system hang ! need suggestions

Could be a corrupt OS try performing a windows repair on your computer and you will need your windows xp CD.

Boot the computer to your windows XP CD and on the main menu choose "enter" like you are going to install windows for the first time. Then press "F8" to agree to the license and then when the CD finds your operating system, choose "repair" and windows XP will repair your operating system.

Afterwards, see if the issue you have goes away. Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-hang-need-suggestions-235814.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I began to notice my computer hanging at start-up a few months ago It would do all of its normal booting sequences as normal it would even start that progress at System hang startup bar when Windows begins to load but System hang at startup after what I presume to be System hang at startup the computer finishing loading Windows nothing happens Black screen My TV screen and my monitor go into standby mode After holding the power button to turn the computer off I would restart it and it would start normally no complications After a month it would require -two- of these reboots to get it to run -Today- when I started the computer before the computer did System hang at startup -anything- I got consecutive rapid beeping AND it took shutdowns to get the computer to respond I m not a computer tech but I wanted to venture a bad boot sector Any information relating to the computer gt gt I d be happy to give if it helps As this post is located in the Windows Vista section I m sure a guess can be made as to the operating system OH I should mention that this happened -before- too Eventually my system s performance degraded to where I had to completely reinstall Windows I -really- don t want to do that again that s why I m here Perhaps it could be a Windows update that s being a pain It seemed to happen when I downloaded an update from Microsoft so perhaps that could be a possible problem ANY and ALL help is completely appreciated -Brandon nbsp

A:System hang at startup

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

you can check the bios beep codes here

www.bioscentral.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hang-at-startup.1083002/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a problem, when I play some games my system sometimes just hangs. I keep seeing the same image on the screen(the last frame my pc showed). Then I have to reset my pc. when my pc starts back up I get this message: Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown. and it shows this info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1043

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004B9D038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

I'd like to know what it means and if there is anything I can do about it.
PS I never see the bleuscreen, just the last frame from before it hung.

Relevancy 46.87%

My system once in a while will freeze and no matter what I do I justr have to wait a minute or two and it comes back I ran superantispyware irregular system hang and malwarebits and found nothing So I did a hjt log and it looks like there might be a mess Could someone please look at it for me here it is irregular system hang Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files x AtSync ats exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxdwmon exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxdwMsdMon exe C Program Files x Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files x Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C WINDOWS P Mon exe C Program Files x Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe C Program Files x AtSync TimeSync exe C WINDOWS system wdshost exe C WINDOWS system lxdwcoms exe C WINDOWS system HPAware exe C Program Files x Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x Azureus Azureus exe C Program Files x Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer realplay exe C Program Files x Real RealJukebox tsystray exe C Program Files x AOL waol exe C Program Files x AOL shellmon exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http cinemageddon org F - REG system ini UserInit userinit O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files x Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files x google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Lexmark Printable Web - D C E -BE D- CC- F -E F - C Program Files Lexmark Printable Web bho dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files x Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files x google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files x Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - HKLM Run InCD quot C Program Files x Ahead InCD InCD exe quot O - HKLM Run P Mon exe C WINDOWS P Mon exe O - HKLM Run AVFX Engine quot C Program Files x Creative Creative Live Cam VideoFX StartFX exe quot O - HKLM Run Atomic Time Synchronizer quot C Program Files x AtSync TimeSync exe quot auto O - HKLM Run Digigal Printer wdshost exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray quot C Program Files x Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe quot SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run HP Update Assistant C WINDOWS SysWow HPAware exe O - HKLM RunServices Digigal Printer wdshost exe O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run NVIDIA nTune quot C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneCmd exe quot clear O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Creative WebCam Tray quot C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CamTray exe quot O - HKCU Run AOL Fast Start quot C Program Files x AOL AOL EXE quot -b O - HKCU Run Gadwin PrintScreen C Program Files x Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe nosplash O - HKCU Run RealJukeboxSystray quot C Program Files x Real RealJukebox tsystray exe quot O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User LOCAL SER... Read more

A:irregular system hang

I ran another scan and found the gain gator so I removed it.I also forgot to mention Im using xp pro x64

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/irregular-system-hang.813610/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I am in Laos and trying to help an internet cafe s XP systems Most seem to have viruses errors and are slow They all run DeepFreeze which I just got the password to yesterday Well I am in a doozy as after I removed all viruses and updated as many programs as I Hang XP System Weird could with avast on boot I just get a blank black screen It used to have just a blinking cursor but I copied ntldr from one of the cds here and now I just have the blank black screen It s been about days Weird XP System Hang of work I have CDs A boot CD that is here they don t seem Weird XP System Hang to have the real XP disk and on it there are a few programs One is something that says quot fix ntldr quot or something with many numbered options That s how I get in to windows Without it it just goes to the black screen That s the CD I used it to copy ntldr which changed the boot Weird XP System Hang from a blinking cursor to just a blank screen I also copied ntdetect but it did nothing Made an XP repair disk I can get to a dos prompt with it Ran fixmbr no change Ran chkdsk says quot the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems quot but it still works with cd How can I get this thing to boot without that first CD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-xp-system-hang.1074403/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm looking for software that will log and monitor CPU usage by service/process. My laptop gets periodic system hangs that last 4-5 seconds that are really starting to annoy me. I've done everything that I could find on Google: chkdsk + defragment, sfc /scannow, plenty of physical RAM, powerful enough processor for what I do, ensured all drivers are up-to-date...etc.

When my system hangs, there is a spike in CPU usage (noticed via task manager). I am trying to pinpoint which process or service is causing these hangs as I'm pretty sure that the hardware is fine.

By system hang, I mean that the screen, keyboard, and mouse freeze but sound is continuous (eg, while streaming music, sound is not interrupted during a hang). I am running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit. Thanks in advance for the help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-usage-system-hang-589680.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I do not have all the specs with me now, but I can tell you it is a PIII motherboard with a floppy and video card only. I transfered the harddrive with ribbon, and ram from a working computer running a K6 2 to the PIII. The operating system is xp home edition. At start up, the system freezes AFTER the windows xp logo and before the welcome screen. The screen is black with nothing but the cursor when it freezes.

I did find help on the microsoft support site for system hangs at startup, but it refers to system hang at a black screen BEFORE the windows xp logo typically appears not after. I do not know if this detail makes a difference in the fix as the hang is occuring at a different time in the boot sequence.

Any suggestions.

A:system hang at start up

I know from experience 99% of the time you
can't change XP pre-loaded hard-drives from
one type of system (CPU/Moboard) to another
without an XP moodswing gonna happen. Sumtimes
you can load it in safe-mode but usually XP will tell
you to re-register within 3 days if it loads.

Good Luck;

Wheel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-hang-at-start-up-35050.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all,

I have a Lenovo T60, with windows XP installed. Also we are using SafeGuard Easy.

System boots to safeguard no problem.
But when windows starts to load it shows a nice blue screen (not the BSoD) but more like the background color, and just sits there.

It never gets to the Ctrl alt del screen.

I've tried to boot to Last Know Good. No luck

I don't get the Ctrl alt del when trying to get into safemode either.
That gives a black screen with the white writing across the top saying you're in safe mode.

I have a safeguard boot cd to get into a PE environment and have done a chkdsk.

Any thoughts on whats going on?

A:Solved: System Hang

Needed to get system back to user. Rebuilt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-hang.870175/
Relevancy 46.87%

My system is getting restart or getting hanged in the middle of my work after win xp boots.The error is Hardware Initiate failed and DISK BOOT FAILURE. Checked the event viewer and found disk error 11 and atapi error 5. The same error repeats every day. From help and support team we found the solution is changing the SATA cable. Some other person told that if HDD is ATA66 change the settings from DMA Mode to PIO Mode in primary and secondary disk controller under device manager. My computer config is PIV 3GHz with 40 GB HDD.
I want to know what is diff between PIO and DMA transfer mode.
What is the actual solution if we get these type of errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-gets-hang-or-getting-stuck-up-153680.html
Relevancy 46.44%

The process "System" is showing in task manager to be using 100% of the HDD (100% activity, not storage) and running from anything between 5MB/s to 60MB/s. This is causing real problems for me as often programs will just stop responding because System is hogging the disk and they can't load anything. If they don't stop responding all together, they'll be reaally slow! I've attached a picture of disk activity on C for proof of what's happening. It'll happen for hours on end and then just stop all of a sudden. Sometime if I really need to get something done I'll have to restart my vomputer to get it to stop. As I said, this is causing my large problems. Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this? It doesn't seem like normal behaviour at all.

A:System process at 100% activity on OS HDD

Are you able to see in the processes tab anything that is running high?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49186-system-process-100-activity-os-hdd.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Is there a way that I can take a log of all the apps that use the system tray? Something opens and closes very quickly in mine about once per minute. It's too fast for me to see the icon but it does flicker in the corner of my eye causing me to double take....very irritating.
TIA

A:System tray activity

Start > Run > msconfig > Start Up
This will list all programs running during start up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-tray-activity-392129.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem with the wireless lan mode in windows 7 64 bit ultimate .Everytime I try to connect or create a new one ad hoc network my pc laptop freezes completely . I have tried almost everything i had updated my wireless driver to the latest but again facing the same problem i have also change the windows 3 times but still facing this problem please help..

A:system hang while creating ad hoc network

Same problem here. Just noticed this problem today. A few weeks back it was ok when me and my friend were playing of ad hoc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323406-system-hang-while-creating-ad-hoc-network.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Dear all My freshly installed win pro hang or freeze endlessly even i have GB ram my notebook always stuck and stop responding i checked the eventlog and the following message was shown BODY font x-small Verdana margin-right em c cursor hand b color red font-family Courier New font-weight bold text-decoration none e margin-left em text-indent - em margin-right em k margin-left em text-indent - em margin-right em t color xt color ns color red dt color green m color blue tx font-weight bold db text-indent px margin-left em margin-top px margin-bottom px padding-left em border-left px solid 7 system freeze ( pro ) Windows hang CCCCCC font small Courier di font small Courier d color blue pi color blue cb text-indent px margin-left em margin-top px margin-bottom px padding-left em font small Courier color ci font small Courier color PRE margin px display inline - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID Windows 7 pro system hang ( freeze ) gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Steven-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- Windows 7 pro system hang ( freeze ) - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Please help thank you nbsp

A:Windows 7 pro system hang ( freeze )

the following error appears after the above msg

BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206F6DEA-D3C5-4D10-BC72-989F03C8B84B}" />

<EventID>11</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-10-06T23:11:22.690860300Z" />

<EventRecordID>4405</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="500" ThreadID="536" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Steven-PC</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="StringCount">2</Data>

<Data Name="String">C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dll</Data>

<Data Name="String">C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\kloehk.dll</Data>

</EventData>
</Event>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-pro-system-hang-freeze.866346/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm getting random system hangs and I am hoping someone can hep me identify the cause. The system completely locks, and is not the result of any one action (can happen at idle)

I have attached the SF Diag results.

System specs

Gigabyte UD5H Z77 Motherbaord
i5 3570K
CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML16GX3M2A1600C10
SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC064B/WW 2.5" 64GB SSD
Geforce GTX 660TI

A:Random system hang/freezing

Welcome to SevenForums.

Are you getting any blue screens? Because there are no dumps in the attachment.We need the small memory dumps. > Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSODYou mention a SSD,Update to that latest firmware for it.Daemon Tools,
Please uninstall DAEMON Tools. It uses a driver called sptd.sys which is known to cause BSODs in Windows 7. Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs. Reboot the system. Once the program is uninstalled, run sptd.sys uninstaller to remove the driver from your system.

As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO
Is this a new computer?
How does it act in Safe Mode?

16GB of ram, are they having the same clock/speeds etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264638-random-system-hang-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an unstable XP -SP installation that has evolved into the current state over the last few weeks The terminating event is a crash preceded frequently by a quot The task Master has encountered a problem and quot hang & freezes System Applications statement I have ran exhaustive virus and malware scans with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes System Overview Computer Type Advanced Micro Devices MHz BIOS AT AT COMPATIBLE Date Memory Total physical MB Used Drives GB total free GB total size in drives Windows name and version Multiprocessor Free IE version DirectX Version Unknow or Newer then DirectX c BIOS Manufactured Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS Date BIOS Version ASUS M N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision BIOS Size KB Hard Drives Drive C Total space GB Free space GB Used space GB Drive D Total space GB Free space GB Used space GB Drive E Total space GB Free space GB Used space GB Memory Information Total Physical Memory MB Total Windows Memory MB Free Memory MB Used Memory MB Page Size bytes Total threads Total processes PageFile Applications hang & System freezes Total Size KB PageFile Used KB PageFile Free KB Applications hang & System freezes The Event log records show some Information and Error Events Typical Information with quot service stopped quot Applications hang & System freezes gt gt The description for Event ID in Source gusvc cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description see Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event Service stopped Error gt gt i Date Source Application ErrorTime Category NoneType Error Event Description Faulting application msntask exe version faulting module mscoree dll version fault address x ii Date Source Application HangTime Category NoneType Error Event Description Fault bucket iii Date Source Application HangTime Category Type Error Event Description Hanging application iexplore exe version hang module hungapp version hang address x Applications hang amp System freezes

A:Applications hang & System freezes

My guess would be that you either have multiple versions of MS.NET installed or that you have a damaged version of same.I would try removing all versions of MS.NET (via Add/Remove Programs)...then downloading/installing: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enI would also consider leaving IE6 in the past, IE7 and IE8 work just fine.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259254/applications-hang-system-freezes/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a message that saids something about my computer is running unstable and sometimes hang I have had a problem with a slow keyboard response before this message came up I don't exactly know what I can do to cure the problem I have tried installing a new unstable and hang system appears to keyboard driver to no avail The condition is getting worse and my mouse is starting to lag too The message comes very randomly so I'll try to post it the next time it comes up What should I do now SysFader IEXPLORE EXE - Potential Application Error The instructions at quot x d quot referenced memory at quot x e quot The system unstable and appears to hang memory could not be quot read Click on OK to terminate System Warning Windows performed illegal operation Your system files could have critical errors It could cause unpredictable or erratic behavior freezes and crashes Fixing these errors can increase your computer's performance and prevent data your personal data loss Would you like to open System Troubleshooting center to fix the problem Recommended

A:system unstable and appears to hang

Your Computer might be at risk
- unwanted and unused files/folders appear in system folders.
- lastest software updates not installed.
- incorrect files association.
- system files are damaged and maybe corrupted.
Click OK to fix system errors and boost overall system performance.

Your system could become unstable
A potential problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown buggy application to prevent damage to your computer. ****WXYZ.SYS - Address F73120AE base at C00000, DateStamp 36072A3
Kernel Debugger Using: COM2(Port.... (lost my desktop at this point)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-unstable-and-appears-to-hang-219299.html
Relevancy 46.01%

For some time now I have been having the same problem with a variety of programs Diablo II Windows Media Player and media player comp to xp hang 'system' causing classic etc basically any graphics intensive program that runs on my computer What happens is that after a few minutes the program will slow xp 'system' causing comp to hang down then return to normal only to slow down again a minute later For media files this results in the audio continuing to play while the video slows down I had been xp 'system' causing comp to hang using the computer for a while before this started to happen and I don t recall changing any settings around that time I noticed that during these stutterings in the task manager image name-system and user name-system jumps from of xp 'system' causing comp to hang CPU use to up to I even took the step of reinstalling windows but now this problem is worse than ever occurs more frequently Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be or how I might diagnose it Thanks

A:xp 'system' causing comp to hang

Try this, shutdown all running programs and programs running in the task bar, including antivirus and spyware programs, and play a video. Does the problem still occur?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16569/xp-system-causing-comp-to-hang/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everyone,

Recently I've been experiencing these strange 'crashes'. The screen goes black all of a sudden and the laptop is unresponsive. I end up having to restart the computer by holding down the power button.

Here are my laptop's specs :

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (SP1 not installed)
Originally came with Windows Vista but the laptop manufacturer, Sony, provided a free upgrade from an install discWindows 7 was installed about 1 year and 9 months ago

laptop will be 2 years old at the end of July
Sony VAIO VGN-FW340D/W
Attached is a zip called dump.zip which contains the dump files and system performance report.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

ayahirano

A:System Hang / Black Screen

First let's do the easy thing, run a secure file check and see if it comes up with anything.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Barring that working we should probably move on to the below.

I don't see any minidump files were none in the c:\windows\minidump folder?

If not it might be useful to create some to have a better look at what's going on here.
First assuming the files don't exist you need to enable minidumps

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header
Select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

Then we'll try using driver verifier to see what's causing the hang.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
(Please read all instructions for driver verifier before using as it's possible it will make the machine behave badly and you need to know how to undo it.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171279-system-hang-black-screen.html
Relevancy 46.01%

please help! i have been getting the following error about 5 times a week

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort4.

my pc works fine for 2 days if i unplug my hard drive and plug it again.i dont no why i get this error because i hav not inserted anything in the ide port.i hav connected both my hard disk and dvd writer in SATA and my dvd writer supports only SATA.my pc config is this:

Intel core 2 duo e8400 3.0ghz
biostar tp35d2-a7
Transcend 2 gb ram ddr2 667mhz
xfx 8800gt 512mb ddr3
western digital 500gb
MOSERBAER dvd writer

please help me.i have reformatted my pc 6 times but i still get this atapi error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/atapi-error-and-system-hang-300441.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Friend,
I'm from India and i have new system .

My Problem:-
System get hang always in 10-15 min. Some time re-start automatically. It will be great help for me if suggest any solution.I have formated my PC more then 4-5 times but still facing the problem.

Configuration:-
Cup intel core 2 duo,
160 gb hard disk,
msi mother board.
1 GB Ram

Regards,
Kunal

A:System Hang and Re -start very frequently

1)This can be due to CPU overheating.Just check if your fan is properly running.Also try running PC after removing the CPU cabinet.
2)Your power supply may be inadequate for all your hardwares

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-hang-and-re-start-very-frequently-309351.html
Relevancy 46.01%

After windows vista loads the system hangs for abt - minutes before i can do anything on it i am able to move the cursor around but cannot click on anything THis was not the case soemtime back the startup is now muhc muhc slower than it has Hang on Startup System Temporary ever been I have attached my activescan file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSLoader exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk Temporary System Hang on Startup PD AgentS exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C Users Hemant AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco ahoo com searc h ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- br br B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO QXK Olive - FA F-A D- ACE-A -EC D - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- br br DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - C BA E - DD - F -A - F DEEB F - no file O - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run eDataSecurity Loader C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe O - HKLM Run PLFSet rundll exe C Windows PLFSet dll PLFDefSetting O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH QtZgAcer EXE O - HKLM Run Acer Product Registration quot C Program Files Acer Registration ACE exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Acer Assist Launcher C Program Files Acer Assist launcher exe O - HKLM Run IntelliP... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/temporary-system-hang-on-startup-288234.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am having a problem with my CD drives. Anytime you put in a CD the system hangs for a good 5 minutes before it finally spools up and you get control of the system again. Once it does this you can read off of the CD but if you eject it, it does the same thing the next time you insert another CD.

I just tried installing some new software for a digi cam and the info was on CD. Once it got through its hang I connected the cam and windows detected a new item. When I tried to have windows access the CD drive to search for the drivers I received an error in a white window that says it couldnt read from it and it said something about the CD drive being "networked"?

No clue what all this means but its causing a major headache.

Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Thanks,

A:Accessing the CD drive causes system to hang

dastuph

Is your virus scanning program set to scan the cd rom drive on access? It may be scanning the cd before it will allow you to use it.

Let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-the-cd-drive-causes-system-to-hang.107925/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all i hope this has been covered before but searching shows up nothing.
Right my problem is that after installing Windows 7 my note book is so slow as to be unusable sometimes it seems to stop responding at all. I've narrowed down the problem to audio.srv as with this disabled the machine is awesome except with no sound. I've installed new drivers from realtek but the problem still persists. The notebook ran vista ok and was previously running xp pro but i like win 7 if only i could sort this issue out. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Strange hang and system slowdown

Below is a quote from another thread with the same issues but has been unanswered,

Quote: Originally Posted by eichyl

Hello,

i have a big problem with Windows 7 RC1 32bit on my MSI S271 Notebook.

I burned the iso on DVD and boot than installation works fine on formated HDD i foramt my disk with the Windows 7 setup. At the end you have to insert the Serial for Windows and then it complete the Settings! But after that i have a black Desktop only the Buildnumber stays in the right corner but nothing mor, after 10-15 minutes i see the Screen Preparing Desktop and finally i can see the Windows 7 Desktop but nothing works i cant do anything it takes about 1-2 minutes to open Startmenu or the Leftmouse-contextmenu. If i click on systemsettings or the Explorer i get an error with Application not available. In Safe Mode it works fast (without aero)!

I see that mass-storagecontroler is not installed but i have no drivers and every vista driver (ati chipset) is not accepted or it said there is no compatible hardware. Passed Memtest86 with no errors!

My Laptop alway run on XP or Ubuntu but its still deliverd with vista so i think it must work!!

My System:

MSI S271
AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2x2,0 GHz
Samsung spinpoint M60 HM120JC ATA-100
2GB DDR 2 RAM
ATI Radeon Express 200m -- 128MB

Sorry for my english im german

thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67534-strange-hang-system-slowdown.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Upgraded system new Random hardware - hang my Random system hang - new hardware PSU and Motherboard last night and I m getting random hangs and stalls without a crash From what it seems Windows stalls out and takes some programs with it For example Steam froze entirely but I was able to move the Chrome window around If I tried to open a new window in Chrome it would die on me as well Specs ASRock P R -Wifi Intel P ICH R Chipsets Core Duo E I think webfilter at work won t allow me to check Newegg x GB Corsair Dominator DDR eVGA GeForce GTX system reads it as a GTX less than weeks old Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi GB HDD Master and DVDRW slave on PATA x GB HDDs on SATA RAID Windows XP Professional SP install is over Random system hang - new hardware years old Other info Installed motherboard Random system hang - new hardware without reinstall of Windows loaded Chipset drivers on first boot didn t recognize sound card for some reason Previous motherboard had VIA RAID controller so I had to create a new array with new mobo s Intel controller Initialized drive in Windows and quick-formatted POST hangs for approximately minute between IDE check and Intel RAID screen With BIOS SATA set as IDE options being IDE RAID and ACHI it boots straight through Flashed BIOS to current version on ASRock website system rebooted and reported either or beeps Killed power turned on again and got the same report CTRL-ALT-DEL rebooted and took me into the BIOS screen reported the current version as the revision I had just installed Looking for other opinions before I RMA the board Probably going to reinstall XP once I get home and start clean to fix or rule out any driver issues nbsp

A:Random system hang - new hardware

I suspect the old install... Windows XP does not like any change to a system, other than the memory.
You might want to try a repair install with your original Windows XP disk, then see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-system-hang-new-hardware.123110/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have WinXP Home SP with all updates and LAN up up, locks system and hang Firefox, IE8, ZA Extreme Security with all updates IE8, Firefox, and LAN hang up, system locks up My system abruptly slowed to an extreme crawl it was taking five minutes for a browser to open I ran an IE8, Firefox, and LAN hang up, system locks up ultra-deep scan using ZA then Malwarebytes Spybot and Spyware Blaster No problems found I tried IE8, Firefox, and LAN hang up, system locks up to identify something that fails consistently so I would have some kind of symptom to report and found the following which obviously aren t solid failures or I wouldn t be posting this message It happened that if I started either IE or Firefox browser the task manager showed they took of processor and the LAN icon in the system tray froze with the left send part of the icon on solid I ve been helped at bleeping computer before so I went ahead and looked at the initial directions for gathering information - running Defogger dds scr and GMER While running GMER the system froze completely the mouse pointer would not move and I couldn t switch tasks and displayed the following message quot Windows - Delayed Write Failed Windows was unable to save all the data for the file Device HarddiskVolume Extend UsnJrnl J The data has been lost This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection Please try to save this file elsewhere quot I pressed the Power button to force power off After rebooting I tried again and got GMER to finish ok with an ark txt file I m probably premature running these tools but I don t know if the system will be stable enough to let me run them successfully again If you want to look at their results I have the files they created Gary

A:IE8, Firefox, and LAN hang up, system locks up

Please post the GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320633/ie8-firefox-and-lan-hang-up-system-locks-up/
Relevancy 46.01%

My system is hanging on windows welcome screen after bootup.

I swaped the harddisc to other pc it can work fine..
That means my harddisc and software(Windows XP home) not an issue.

what else i need to check on the motherboard or what are the possibilities or any other way to troubleshoot this issue..

need your kind information guys.......

A:System hang on windows welcome screen...

Ram is a common problem, google and get memtest and run it for atleast 8 passes!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-hang-on-windows-welcome-screen.61922/
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer hangs while scanning and it doesn't come up with a blue screen but my computer has this red/yellow coloured line at the top of the screen. It's as though the video card crashed or something. Any thoughts on it?

A:System Hang (Windows Xp Home)

http://www.toejumper.net/maintain4/monit4.htm

This may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hang-windows-xp-home.338784/
Relevancy 46.01%

Recently, I performed a system restore on my Win&x64 HPPavillion The problem I was trying to fix was rather minor, and it turned out that the system restore did not address it, anyway. I then decided to "undo" the restore.

The problem is, the system is still at the "Please wait" screen as if the undo is still in progress. So far it has been that way for over 90 minutes.

Could it still be returning the system to its original state? I have never known a restore to take anywhere near this long. Right now I am forced to use an old PC while I wait.

What should I do? Would a cold reboot screw it up even more? Right now I would settle for a running system, either at the original state or the restored state.

I NEED HELP!!!

A:Solved: System Restore - Hang??

I'll close this and I hope my resolution can help someone in the same situation:
My "undo" restore took almost 2 hours!!!!!!! I cannot explain this, but everything seems to be working just right.

So if you are doing a Wndows system restore and it seems to be taking forever, maybe you just have to wait it out and not try anything rash?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-restore-hang.967423/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an emachines computer with an AMD processor running Windows XP service pack three Last week the computer started hanging on bootup or just booting to a black screen The emachines splash screen will flash and then the screen that shows which version of windows it starting up then the screen goes black for up to five minutes before the starting windows splash screen flashes From there it hangs for up to fifteen minutes and then again with the desktop but no icons Or it doesn t show anything and you just get a black screen This whole process is taking up to an hour of trying to get the computer up Today I clicked on the recovery console choice in the second screen and it said please wait for over twenty minutes windows started and it hung up at the desk top again for a while I looked in the event viewer under system and there are disk errors that say quot A driver detected a controller error on device hardisk D I looked in the or Won't On Start At Hang Bootup All System device manager and everything seems fine Friday a ran check disk and it did not come up with System Hang On Bootup or Won't Start At All any System Hang On Bootup or Won't Start At All errors Do you think this is a windows issue or is my hard drive going bad I don t know the hard drive manufacturer so I could download a diagnostic program I checked the documentation that came with the computer and I can t find it My next step is going to be to open the computer and make sure all the cables and cards are seated properly but I am afraid to turn it off Any advise you could provide would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:System Hang On Bootup or Won't Start At All

I forgot to say that I have backed up all my data in the event that the hard drive is failing.

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430902/system-hang-on-bootup-or-wont-start-at-all/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

New to the forum and am looking for some help.

I have a laptop which is used all over the world to dial up to the internet. There are a few different dialup connections available on the laptop, each one for use in different countries.

All of these connections dial successfully but as soon as the connection to the ISP is established, the laptop hangs for about 4 minutes. It then bursts back into life. the laptop is a Dell latitude with XP SP2 and Norton 2005 on it.

I am completely at a loss as to what is causing this.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Help with 4 minute system hang after dialup

Quote:

and Norton 2005 on it.

how much memory is installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-4-minute-system-hang-after-dialup-89188.html