Windows Support Forum

changing update settings to important updates only--help?

Q: changing update settings to important updates only--help?

My laptop currently settings update changing only--help? important to updates has all the default update setting checked so it installs all optional recommended and important updates Is it okay to changing update settings to important updates only--help? change the setting to install only important updates What changing update settings to important updates only--help? are the recommended and optional updates I will not be getting What are the pros and cons of changing this setting I am wanting to do it because I do not want windows I do actually already have the windows update installed in my update list It apparently downloaded in December However my laptop never upgraded to windows I have read that for some changing update settings to important updates only--help? people their computers randomly upgraded to windows without them telling it to but for some people that never happens I am hoping I can keep it from happening by changing my update setting to download important updates only But I only want to do that if it won't cause any problems I do know I can uninstall and hide the windows update number but in all the research I did nearly everyone who said they did that said the update installed again anyway and there is actually no way to get rid of it Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: changing update settings to important updates only--help?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: changing update settings to important updates only--help?

First of all, you don't need to Install Windows optional updates.
Secondly, you should change your Windows Update Setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

After you have changed the Windows Update Setting to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them", Windows Update will search again for available updates.
When the search is complete, look for KB3035583, and hide this update.

The Disadvantage is that you have to manually search for Windows Updates.
But the Advantage is that you have more control of which of the Windows Updates is being Installed on your Laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604285/changing-update-settings-to-important-updates-only-help/
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-15-7-whql.216359/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone I have a Netgear N wireless router that I bought and have been using since together with an adtec modem on my at amp t internet sevice My modem went out and I replaced it with the now recommended replacement modem which is the Motorola As a result and in doing so my settings are having to be reset on my N router for my wireless signal settings Resetting Netgear N300 on router... to be used for my wierless devices In trying to do so and in going through the setup Resetting settings on Netgear N300 router... of the router again I ve discovered in logging into the Netgear website to recover reset the router settings for the new modem setup I m being told by Netgear that the N router I bought came with only a day tech support and that I can purchase a tech support extended plan for for yr or for yrs for them to be able to help me and synchronize and reset the router settings Quite honestly I can t see spending this much extra money on support for a router that cost me in the first place I may as well just buy another router for to get another day tech support and to provide support in setting up the new one but it s the principle of the thing and it s such a waste to trash the present router when it is in perfect working order otherwise Then again if this is how shoddy and shysterish Netgear s tech support is I don t believe I would want to support them or in anyway encourage them in their use of a policy that is so unfair and lacking in flexibility to such a small assistance request to reset this modem which would not take them but maybe minutes or less My question therefore is this Has anyone out there experienced a similar or like situation and is there a workaround or another solution to this other than going through Netgear to reset the router s settings Is there a way to recover or discover the settings and reset them manually myself I very much appreciate any help anyone can offer and I thank you all in advance for any help and any advice anyone can offer Thanks alot nbsp

A:Resetting settings on Netgear N300 router...

Hey drpepper. You can manually reset your router settings to its default settings as they were when you bought it. I would disconnect the router from the modem and just use the simple procedure to reset the router. You can then access the router setup page and change the default password, network name (SSID), and set up your encryption mode (wpa2 preferred) and create a password/network key to secure your router. Save any changes you make, and when done,power off the router. Power on your modem, wait a minute,then power up the router, wait a minute, then see if you can detect your network. All of the info for doing this is in the N300 router setup manual, with the reset procedure on page 39.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR3500LV1/WNR3500L_SM_11JUN2010.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resetting-settings-on-netgear-n300-router.197284/
Relevancy 24.51%

Okay so my computer is manly for playing games but I ve been having a problem for quite some time that I & self it Bios GPU Usage Drops Changing & CPU can t seem to be able to fix During gameplay at some points totally randomly I start to have huge freezes both CPU and GPU usage drop insanely and following same do the fans this usually GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self happens for or minutes sometimes even longer a simple relog from the game fixes it This also happens if let s say I go AFK from my game about minutes or so when I come back it s freezing ALOT I looked further into trying to fix this problem I tried almost everything until I had the idea to check my bios since I had previously overclocked my CPU not overclocked atm and surprise for me when I did a bios reset for default settings this is what I saw http postimg org image eoejxdyv That is changed by itself every boot And that is what is causing my GPU and CPU usage drops I have no idea why that is changing by itself at first I though it was AI Suite software from Asus that I had used before to overclock my CPU but even with that uninstalled it is happening I also thought about reinstalling my windows but I would rather wait GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self for Windows to go public My Specs - Windows Pro - Bit - Evga Supernova Nex G Gold - Asus Z -Pro Socket - Intel Core i k ghz Ghz Turbo - Corsair Hydro H - Gigabyte Windforce R X GB GDDR - GB G Skill Ripjaw-X Mhz DDR Dual PS All drivers and software are always updated nbsp

A:GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self

Have you tried changing the cmos battery? The bios will not hold settings if the battery is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-cpu-usage-drops-bios-changing-it-self.216095/
Relevancy 24.51%

I changed my microphone jack to an inline jack for a recording project, how do I change it back?

A:Changing my jack back to a microphone

You may want to post your computers specs. Such as what os you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-jack-back-to-a-microphone.213539/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-firmware-update-swapped-keys-on-blackwidow.182990/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 17.63%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 17.2%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi forum I have changed my power supply because my ex power supply involved in the problem specs was Watt Watt Real model GP B Green with that before it crash down my system was boot up correctly after I hit the Power On button on top of my chassis since a few days ago that I ve bought a new PSU with this spec Green Watt Real OC edition model GP B GOLD plus Gold now the problem is every time I want to turn on my PC first it doesn t boot up but it s powered on and all hardware are in correct position and nothing s weird just actually do nothing until I push or times Reset button or Power button from chassis and then after a while when it re-started again everything goes well and system will boot up perfectly note - new results and experience I decided to have had some tests so I told by myself let s check the computer when it s powered off recently and I did uninterrupted turn it back ON again so it worked I tried several times to power On and power Off shutting down from windows and it worked so I get that when my machine is powered off for half an hour or maybe several hours then it should be handle after my problem PSU changing Weird this problem Weird problem after changing my PSU which I mention and This test was a huge leap in my opinion pluralization - I m thinking maybe it refers to my new and fresh PSU maybe it has a new system delay interrupt or maybe optional Weird problem after changing my PSU setting that can help through this - maybe the problem is related to the cables I m not sure because I double checked the cables and all connections before - if problem is related to the Capacitors so in this case Capacitors are usually swollen but there is no sign of this condition I also double checked Capacitors for assurance - especially this PSU is the best kind of high power supplies and it s new no sign of ripple noise or any suspicious signs of its internal hardware - so we can say no MOBO suspicious no PSU suspicious no Graphics suspicious anything but only RAM at this point we can say maybe problem is refers to the RAM modules because I haven t test it yet and I hope it is nothing to worry - according to recent test we can assuming there should be a common setting or case that helping us through this because if there was a problem with any kind of hardware then why when I test it repeatedly ON OFF uninterrupted there was no sign of a problem and one more thing remember not to there is no sign or overheating of any kind of my hardware too I m always aware about this any help will appreciate in advance Thanks System Specs OS - Win Enterprise x CPU - i Video - GTX Mobo - Asus P X D Premium x chip RAM - GB Corsair XMP x GB MHz nbsp

A:Weird problem after changing my PSU

Any suggestion ? HELLOOOO?anybody's home?game time..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-after-changing-my-psu.208889/
Relevancy 17.63%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 22.36%

We just bought a monitor U2713H direct from Dell.

When we click on Factory Reset, the monitor doesn?t go back to Factory default setting.

-In particular, Contrast/Brightness: 0.
In terms of Color Setting, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie

-Then we click on Reset Color Settings, Input Color Format: RGB, Preset Modes: Standard.

-When click on Factory Reset again, Contrast/Brightness and Color Setting come back to the same condition as above (Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input color Format: None.
Preset Modes: Movie).

-After we try to set up Contrast/Brightness to 50/50, we shut down desktop or turn off the power button on the monitor. Then we turn on computer or turn on power button on the monitor, Contrast/Brightness are 0, Input Color Format: None, Preset Modes: Movie.

-In summary, all menu settings can?t be saved by the monitor and Factory Reset doesn?t work.

Any idea would be highly appreciated. Thank you a lot in advance

A:Dell monitor U2713H error: settings can't be saved

What I would suggest is ask Dell if they would warenty it new it should have one and Dell should honor it. I would say they will but I have not done business with them in years, although the monitor I am using right now is one of theirs and is many years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-monitor-u2713h-error-settings-cant-be-saved.207032/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was watching a tv show on nbc on my dell inspirion when I lost Wi-Fi. I checked and I had no signal and it wasn't even showing any available networks. I called dell and they ran me through a diagnostics. But once they saw my McAfee was expired and I wasn't paying extra for tech support they wouldn't help. Now it's not even showing Wi-Fi in my network connections just Ethernet. Please help

A:No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

IMO, McAffee isn't worth $$; ditch it and get WiFi running again.

THEN, choose { Avast or AVG } as your A/V product, DL & install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wi-fi-listed-in-network-settings.206899/
Relevancy 21.07%

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

A:How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 18.06%

CPU:AMD FX-8320
Motherboard:ASUS M5A97 R2.0

I hardly know anything about the BIOS so I am asking you this:
Will I need to update my BIOS and if so how to do that?
Am I going to update it to the latest version(2103) or the version when the processor was first compatible(1006)?

Please help, I do not want to make a mistake when updating so please provide a detailed explanation ! ! !

A:BIOS update

Some might say updating the BIOS is not worth the risk unless you have a reason to chance it. On the other hand I've never had a BIOS update go badly. BIOS updates are not that difficult to do. But there is always a risk of the update failing. In the off chance of failure, the motherboard will be bricked. There are motherboards that come with a second BIOS for failsafe. I don't know if the failsafe can be used under a bricked board, I will assume it can until I hear otherwise.

There are three ways to update that I am aware of. All of which may not be available depending on motherboard model and age of system.

Within the Operating System (I've used this method but for awhile it was advised against)
You will need to download BIOS Update application. The application will download and install the new BIOS.

Within the BIOS
Within the BIOS there is an update facility. You will only need the new BIOS. (My BIOS will only update from a USB stick.)

From DOS utility
Not only will you need to download the new BIOS, you will need to download the flash utility that is designed for the update.

I recommend updating from within the BIOS (assuming you have this option). Download the new BIOS to a USB stick and then boot into the BIOS. Browse around to find the update facility and the rest is self explanatory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.198931/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi,
Could someone please tell me the default CPU settings for the i7 2600k.
By this I mean which CPUs are defaulted to be parked on the resource manager.
I made the mistake of unparking all of them without keeping a record of which ones
were parked.
Thanks,
Adam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-2600k-default-cpu-park-settings.202858/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.
learner1

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-to-host-windows-7.202568/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm using windows 7 I'm connected to my Verizon router with a Netgear stick. I have it set up for WEP because that was the easiest to figure out. But neighbors are stealing my signal, and slowing me down.
How do I change from WEP to WPA? Simple instructions please Thanks

A:Changing from WEP to WPA

Do you have both, a device and a wireless access point that supports WPA? WPA2 is what you want for the best protection. Before you can setup WEP/WPA/WPA2, you must have both reciever and transmitter that supports the encryption.
Setup the encryption from within your wireless access point. It could be an independent access point or a combo unit such as a wireless router.
Connect the device that support the encryption of the wireless network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-wep-to-wpa.200956/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I installed a second Hard drive this weekend. And I want to create a new partition on the new hard drive, which will hold my boot files. So I want a partition of my second hard drive to be my main boot device. (Like 20gb)

Then I?m going to combine my first hard drive, and the remaining space left into 1 partition.

My Local disk has my Boot, Page file, and Crash dump. I want to move this to my new partition. (Second HD)

I tried moving the entire windows file in my local disk to the second hard drive, half way through it wouldn?t allow me to move all of the files.

How do I do this without re-installing windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-boot-drives.200248/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have recently installed a new power supply due to the fact that the other one had seen the light. Now when I try to start up the system, the POST test is just fine but then I get the message that there is a CMOS setting wrong. (See picture) The system boots in windows and everything looks okay except the fact that my mouse and keyboard are not working. Any advice on whats going on?

A:CMOS settings wrong

Did you try setting the bios to default? Or removing cmos battery for about 5 secs. ? This might reset the bios for you. This may resolve your problem. If not post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-settings-wrong.200014/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a 128gb samsung SSD. I was wondering what updates I can remove to get more space on the SSD because windows7+all updates are currently using half of the SSD space and somehow only 119gb of the SSD space is displayed so I'm guessing that 8gb is reserved or something.
I'm currently removing the extra languages and those are giving me and extra 5,5gb space

A:Windows 7 Ultimate updates and SSD question

Somehow I think you have more installed than Windows and updates. Internet Explorer, Bing Bar, and Bing Desktop are the only updates I have hidden. All other Windows Updates have been installed. I wouldn't put all the blame on WIndows, if you have an install using 60GB.

​Anyone with more than 8GB memory and still has Pagefile and Hibernation, by default has more than 16GB used by these two files alone. I recommend using them only if needed. I personally don't need them and have removed them both.

Check and see if you have a Hibernation file. If you don't use hibernation features, the file can be removed.

Windows 7 ? Delete Hibernation File (hiberfil.sys)
To turn off or disable hibernation, type the following command at the prompt:
powercfg ?h off
This will disable hibernation and will remove the hiberfil.sys file from your system.Click to expand...

Monitor your memory usage and if you have more memory than you ever use. The Pagefile can be minimized. I currently have mine turned off, with 8GB installed. But caution though if you turn the Pagefile off, Windows will not be able to compensate for a shortage of memory and the Windows session will crash. While I am comfortable not using a Pagefile, I do not recommend others do the same until they are comfortable doing so. I recommend lowering the Pagefile size to 1GB, and if Windows needs more, the size will be automatically adjusted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-ultimate-updates-and-ssd-question.200043/
Relevancy 32.25%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi!

I'm about to purchase Total War: Rome II and want to run it with "Ultra settings" and high framerate. My configuration is:

Motherboard: GA-EP35-DS3
Processor: Duo Core 2 E6850 3.0 GHz
GPU: GeForce 880 GT 512 MB

RAM: 4 GB DDR2

Do I have to upgrade my hardware? If so, what would you recommend? Would a new
GPU be enough?

I need all the help I can get. Thanks!

A:Ultra settings...

To answer your question, yes you will have to update, the 8800 GT is way out of date and I don't know for sure if you can run it on low settings with decent frame rate let alone Ultra. The Core 2 Duo will also be outdated by todays standards but for me the game is not too CPU intensive.

You can start by grabbing a new GPU, something like a R9 270X or GTX 760 will be enough to get Ultra with reasonable framerate, but your CPU will be the bottleneck next.

At this point, I would just about say start a new system, because I don't think reaching Ultra in Rome Total War 2 is going to be easy with a Core 2 Duo and for sure not on an 8800 GT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultra-settings.197455/
Relevancy 22.79%

Its currently set at 1280 x 800 pixels. Its 14 inch diagonal. Is that correct? TIA

A:Settings for my Vista laptop Monitor

In the control panel under display. Dose it say it say 1280 x 800 is it's native display. ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/settings-for-my-vista-laptop-monitor.197414/
Relevancy 22.79%

Let me start off saying Different Sizes 2 Have Up The Show Monitors Settings But Same I actually have monitors but my rd monitor is an old one and shouldn t matter at this time since its SD and not HD I have other monitors though Both are HD televisions One is like inch the other is inch the inch one is connected to my cable for tv as well Everything was working fine for a long time till I downloaded windows Now I have both set to the highest settings of x But when I move things from my inch to my inch The things on the inch are 2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes giant and blown out of proportion now I tested this with internet explorer and if I have internet explorers zoom settings set to on the inch When I move the window to the inch It suddenly reads it at zoom And if I set it to on the inch and move it to the inch it reads it at zoom It didn t used to do this Also this happens with games now which is even far worse If im in the inch everything is fine but if I move a game window over to the inch everything becomes scrunched together and text is blown up to huge proportions and I don t even know how to fix this for gaming The odd thing is The desktop background and toolbars are all set to the proper size and look the same across both monitors Or if they aren t I cant detect 2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes any discernable difference like I can if I move a window from one to the other BUT 2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes its clear that the mouse pointer is much larger on the inch tv Is this an issue with something else im doing wrong Is there a way to lock everything or at least games and internet explorer to be just normal and the same betwixt the This might seem like just a minor annoyance at least for browsing the interent But if im gaming it just screws everything up Can anyone offer any help please I can give graphic card settings and even screen shot the difference between the if youd like nbsp

A:2 Monitors Have The Same Settings But Show Up Different Sizes

I have mostly fixed the problem! In the resolution settings there is an option that says make text and other items larger or smaller. For some odd reason all of the different monitors were set to different sizes. After switching all those to a small size. That immediately fixed the issue with games looking blown up and gargantuan on my 60 inch tv. But the charms bar was still huge. So going to the settings through the load up screen and not desktop mode in windows 8 I went to the settings and in the display settings there was another option for toolbars and whatnot which was set to default only on the 60 inch tv. When I set that to small like the rest that fixed the issue with that. So everything seems to be fixed right........ sadly no its a lot better than it was but not completely fixed yet.

While for gaming its definatly fixed. When I move an internet window from one to the other monitors the zoom sizes still change size between the 3 monitors. While this isn't a big issue since its something I can deal with. I would like to fix it if I can. What I would really like is to know if theres a way I can lock the zoom mode betwixt all 3 monitors for the internet settings. I checked the internet options and didn't notice anything that stood out to me for locking for fixing that.

When I was at my work computer it has 4 monitors, 3 are the same and 1 is a large tv. I noticed that when I moved stuff into the large tv such as an internet window, it didn't change the zoom size on my work station so im wondering what the difference is between them.

On a side note. For some reason when I start up games now most start up in stereoscopic mode. I figured out that ctrl+t shuts it off in most cases but it didn't used to do that and in my NVidia settings I cant seem to find any option for 3d vision/stereoscopic mode. This may require a full post but figured id ask it here for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-monitors-have-the-same-settings-but-show-up-different-sizes.197186/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,

I have the Acer GN245HQ 3D monitor and I need your help to set the parameters of this screen for that I can have a good calibration of colors, and the best reactivity in game, for exemple what's the right value that I must set in the OSD, now I have the default value OSD=10.
Im using the GTX 680 graphic card.
Plz help me.

Thank you,

A:Acer GN245HQ Settings

Colours are subjective to each display, so must be calibrated separately. Google around for guides.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-gn245hq-settings.196802/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys Excuse my lack of proper harddrive Problem WD with external case changing terminology I am new to these things Recently my gb WD external hard drive had the USB port connection on the hard drives circuit board break off So Problem with changing WD external harddrive case I went and bought a new case from my local computer shop I had originally taken my HD to see if they could solder the usb port thing back on to the circuit board but they said they don t do repairs So he looked at my HD and told me which case would be best for it I come home and follow his instructions and remove the circuit board from which the usb port fell off from which also supplied the power and connected to the SATA power port on the HD and put it in to the new housing When I connect it to my laptop it does not show up under My Computer However in my icon tray it shows a USB device has connected and it gives me the option of removing it safely I can hear the HD starting up when it gets plugged in but nothing else happens When I removed the HD from its new case and put the old circuit board bit back on and manually held the usb with the usb port connection on to the circuit board from where it came off from I am able to get it recognized by the computer and the WD software for the password prompt starts up So I know my HD is functioning I just cant get it to function in its new case Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Problem with changing WD external harddrive case

Is the new case powered in the same way as the old case? If yes, I would return the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-changing-wd-external-harddrive-case.196556/
Relevancy 24.94%

The Z5771 does have a pcie slot for an external graphics card - how you get he case open I have not investigated but I was planning on buying a decent card for it. The only proviso seems to be it neds to be a low profile card.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

You will have to look the case over carefully to figure out how to open it. There are plenty of low-profile PCIe cards out there to choose from

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.196242/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was having trouble with my wireless router, even when connected by a cable. I was getting the message "DNS server not responding".

I played with the settings and it seems to be working now.

What does "Enable WAN Ping Respond" do?
What does "Enable DNS relay" do?
Should avoid arp attack be enabled? (It seems obvious it should be but by default it was disabled).

A:Dlink router settings

Which model Router do you have. So we all can help you out.
Disconnect the WAN (internet yellow or blue port) first
Power cycle the Router unplug it

Power cycle the modem first wait 30 seconds then connect the power.
Turn on back the Router
Connect the Router to the Modem
It should get IP from your ISP and DNS Servers should be one to two of them listed.
All PCs on your network should be powered cycled or rebooted a this point.

Notice: Your New Router comes with CD use that to setup it up your new router. Leave the defaults active unless you know what your doing and until you get use too your router features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-router-settings.196012/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, in the sound Blaster Z control panel should I set my headphones to stereo or 5.1 for the best surround sound experience? They are stereo headphones.

Thanks

A:Sound Blaster Z settings question

You'll only get virtual surround. Set it to stereo, then enable virtual surround (or whatever it is called).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-settings-question.195541/
Relevancy 21.07%

Greetings I have posted repeatedly over in the BSOD area on an issue I am having That s not why I am here I am thinking on going from a cached drive that I have now to a cached and a platter to drive SSD Changing a drive from an separate SSD and a platter drive Let me explain I currently have a gig SSD and Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive a Terrabyte Corsair HDD I Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive use the gig as a cache drive using Intels SRT I have no proof but I am leaning towards my little ssd as the cause of why I am having issues With that said bear with with me I wanted to get a new SSD and install Windows on it and or of my games on it and use the Terrabyte obviously for storage and non essential programs I currently have Win Pro on my Terrabyte drive Can I pull both drives out After decelerating it of course And put in a new Corsair Force SSD say gigs install windows my games and than reconnect the HDD which has windows on it All that text just for a simple question Also can I remove the Windows Folder or uninstall Windows on the Terrabyte drive or should I just leave it Thanks much nbsp

A:Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive

Best way - pull the data from the drives, then format them. Put data back on.

But, yeah, your suggestion should work too. Just watch out for the duplicate MBR entries upon boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-a-cached-drive-to-an-ssd-and-a-platter-drive.195477/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

I have several Dell desktops (745, 755, GX260, T5500, Etc) all Win7 and Server 2008, that have factory hard drives; I want to make them removable drives. In the past

I have special ordered desktops with T-7 units from Dell.

Now, I need to make about 20 desktops removable drive desktops, any ideas, Dell says I can't really add a Dell sponsored caddy / cage.

My other issue is I have to add whole disk encryption to it, TrueCrypt is perfect.

I also have to add USB tape backup unit. Q: does anyone have an USB portable tape backup unit and encrypting the hard drive and tape?

Thanks

Mn19~

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-dell-desktops-to-removable-drives.195340/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all, I wanted to get some opinions one what parts are most important to upgrade for improved workflow and video preview for video editing applications like sony vegas. Basically I edit bluray video for amv's (animated music video's) and my preview window and basic workflow speed can be choppy and not quite as smooth as I want it to be. Does CPU have biggest effect with this kind of stuff (and if it does, would you suggest a hexa core CPU or would something like an i7 4770k quad core CPU be enough for editing bluray footage)? or is computer RAM important? I also heard that Doing something with your hard drive can have a greater effect in improving these things. Any thoughts appreciated! Also, assume money isn't a factor, just want what performs better.

A:Important parts for improving workflow in video editing?

RAM + a fast CPU are large parts of a video editing build. RAM and a good CPU help speed up the rendering process, but they dont necessarily affect the video render quality. I think the GPU is the issue.

What are you current specifications? What is your price range for the new machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/important-parts-for-improving-workflow-in-video-editing.194683/
Relevancy 18.06%

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?

A:How to update BIOS

astar master said:

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?Click to expand...

please post the brand/model of your motherboard... I.e.: ecsg41-tm; intel dh55tc; asrock z77 extreme4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-bios.192864/
Relevancy 18.06%

Do you have to update or change the Motherboard to update the processor?

I have a Pentium 4 processor 548, 3.33GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 533MHz front side bus. Can one "Plug and Play" so to speak with an updated processor to the same Motherboard?

A:Motherboard/Processor update

Your CPU socket is PPGA478, P4 is the highest CPU this socket will support.

Even with LGA775 CPU socket, unless you had a motherboard that would support quad core, there would be little reason to upgrade over a complete system replacement.

In answer to your question to "Plug and Play", yes and no. Yes CPU's are basically plug and play, and No the motherboard must support the CPU first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-processor-update.192561/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys, I've attempted a bios update through this website and I've been left with this sitting on my desktop for two days and the loading bar has not moved an inch.
I tried to update the BIOS because for the last few weeks when my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot. I was hoping a bios update would do the trick otherwise I would not have bothered.

Im worried if I exit out or shut-down my computer I could corrupt my BIOS. Any ideas?..

A:Bios update help

I would exit and maybe try again. Thats the download phase which has nothing to do with the actual update process. The download will complete, before any attempts to update will begin. Updating the BIOS can be very risky, updating would never be handicapped by possible problems of downloading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-help.192433/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hellow guys again ,, hello the best website ever !!!
I jus wanna ask about something ,, Earlier I mentioned something about upgrading my processor to core 2 duo ,, now ive done that but when ever I start my computer ,, this msg shows up !
""" 1801 - microcode update Error
Missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett-packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping """
Any help ?
HP compaq dx7300 microtower is my pc and Intel core 2 duo E4500 @2.20GHz is the new processor.
Many thanks in advance

A:Microcode update Error ?

Have you tried contacting HP concerning it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microcode-update-error.191974/
Relevancy 39.56%

A few months ago I updated my MSI Z A-GD to the latest BIOS quot vP quot which is still the latest settings Z68A-GD55 update won't MSI overclocking changes allow to BIOS after version on MSI s website as of today Since updating to this version the UEFI BIOS screen is totally different the layout has been changed entirely I was able to find the overclocking settings quickly but since the update the board will not allow me to change many settings All CPU Memory chipset voltage adjustments CPU ratio adjustments bclock adjustments etc are all either greyed MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update out and cannot be selected at all or they are set to quot Auto quot and that is the only available option for them This is a solid overclocking motherboard from what I ve heard online and I m running a K series CPU k so I m really perplexed as to why I can t even adjust the supposedly unlocked CPU ratio on my k I USED to be able to use these settings before the BIOS flash Also I can t seem to find anyone online who s having a similar problem as me As it stands now the only overclocking I can do is with MSI s quot OC Genie II quot which basically automatically overclocks for me I think this is totally ridiculous why is MSI s automated tool allowed to touch these settings when I can t modify them manually Anyone have any idea what s going on My first thought was that maybe there is a setting somewhere in the BIOS that must be enabled first in order to open up the overclocking settings but I searched far and wide and couldn t find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update

Yeah, I think there is a setting somewhere that is checked to auto. Try exploring all the tabs of the BIOS screen and report back if you find anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-z68a-gd55-wont-allow-changes-to-overclocking-settings-after-bios-update.191535/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I'm new here at Tech Spot. This is a great website.

Where can I get a copy of the newest BIOS update for my motherboard?

Model: Asus P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Version: 0602
Chipset: I915
Date: 09/06/2005-16:48:11
Onboard Sound: Azalia (swa)
Onboard LAN: Exist (wl)
BIOS Size: 512 K
BIOS Type: AMI

I downloaded all BIOS .ROM files in the official website of Asus. But it weren't compatible with the BIOS to be flashed.

Please help me! Thank you very much in advanced!

A:Motherboard BIOS update

The latest BIOS for your board is version 1015. It's not necessary to load each BIOS in order, just load the latest. To load the BIOS you must copy it to a floppy disc and rename it P5GD1-VM.ROM If you didn't rename it, that's why it won't load. On the same Asus download page, you can get the user manual for your board, which goes into detail how to reflash the BIOS. It can render your motherboard un-bootable if you do it wrong, so I would read the manual before attempting it again, and follow instructions carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update.191021/
Relevancy 25.37%

Brighthouse "insists" there is no way to change IP address! lol
There must be!! I go to "start" , Run....."command"
Type in "IPCONFIG/ALL
Brighthouse tells me, you have to wait 24 hrs until "lease expires".
Anyone know of a way to change IP on the fly??
Thanks

A:Changing IP address

turn the modem off and on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-address.158964/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know how (if possible) to make it so that my laptop does not automatically change screen brightness when plugging in or unplugging.

You see, there is a brightness setting that is saved for plugged in and unplugged, and when you change between plugged in and unplugged it reverts the screen brightness to that saved level.

For example if you have it unplugged and you set the screen brightness to 100% then plug it in, it saves the unplugged screen brightness to 100%. Now when you're plugged in you change it to minimal brightness. Later when you unplug and leave the screen brightness will revert back to 100%.

I'd like to disable this automatic screen brightness change.
Thanks for reading.

A:Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Which OS are you on? Say you were on Windows 7 there is a setting to change the brightness, but some laptops don't work with these settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-laptop-from-changing-screen-brightness-when-plugging-in.190506/
Relevancy 32.25%

New system just built a week ago:

Asus P8Z77-V Pro
i7 3770K
F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 DDR3-1600 8GB(4GB*2)KIT CL9 1.25V
GIGABYTE GTX670 2GB OC PCI-E WINDFORCE3X GV-N670OC-2GD
OCZ Vector 2.5" 128GB SSD Indilinx Barefoot3 HD1237 VTR1-25SAT3-128G
Windows 8
The problem is, every 2nd or 3rd time I boot up I get a message by that white flag on the bottom right with a red X on it saying 'restart your PC to repair drive error (Important).

I have attached two screenshots at the bottom showing the messages I get within windows, then a short video of what happens when it reboots.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:Restart your PC to repair drive error (important)

I'm not familiar with SSDs. It is safe to run a check on it, and what software would you recommend?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restart-your-pc-to-repair-drive-error-important.189187/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-4-z77-bios-update-error.188524/
Relevancy 22.79%

Dear friends,
I was wanting to open up my desktop CPU, with the case. I wud be disconnecting all the input wires to avoid any kind of shocks. But, I thought, if I wud be removing all its parts I.e. HDD RAMdisk, motherboard... , and if I join them back to its earlier locations (just to get an insight of my CPU in detail), wud it affect my earlier work done on my Desktop? Wud I have to re- install the OS? Will it change any of my earlier used settings in the Desktop?
Please advice...

A:Will it affect my earlier desktop settings?

Doing this could cause the computer not to "see" the hard drive any longer, thus not being able to boot up properly. Is it really worth doing this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-it-affect-my-earlier-desktop-settings.188429/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi again I ve been having some problems with my computer lately beginning May which began when I finally got tied of fixing XP I defaulted and asked a local computer store to install Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, Modular *Award FJ settings with BIOS* Win Home Premium onto my WD Gb IDE drive which I Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings had purchased from them months prior About two or three weeks later my MoBo suspiciously started to fail Not one to cast aspersions I took it back and paid them another AUD to tell me that it was the MoBo then paid another Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings Gigabyte reseller to confirm the same who was Gigabyte 8KNXPUltra, FJ with *Award Modular BIOS* settings intrigued that if you flicked the board on the bench it would re- boot as though someone had been a little over zealous in tending to it So three GA- KNXP with DPS and two GA- KNXPUltra FJ MoBo s LATER I finally attached my WD Gb HDD Win to a new configuration thats the configuration not the MoBo they re all nd hand from my mates in China AND WOW Microsoft Critical Updates Conflicts and my Nvidia GeForce AGP card still not updating correctly Call to Microsoft was within the three day window for validation of install who suggested clean install which is fine as in the three weeks Win was in use I was mostly just finding my way around the newest OS offering from Microsoft The Win boot disc would not load The support staff sugested I download a new Win iso incase the Genuine DVD was corrupted Still not working was suggested the Drive might be the issue just happened that I had a new SSD in the draw Was able to atleast format that using the broken Win I actually believe that if I knew how to change the BIOS settings to reflect what I am trying to get the OS to run installed in the bays of my machine I would atleast have a platform to begin to get a stable boot- to-OS Which the gentle folk at Microsoft would at least have a greater opportunity at a successful transition of OS The board I m using is just too OLD for the young- guns of today I have updated my BIOS using the Gigabyte bios program here I need to know the settings needed to configure the board GA- KNXPUltra FJ here with the Award Modular BIOS v PG copyrighted - to see just the HDD SSD just as conected drives NOT as SICI RAID devices A manual to assist with the CMOS Setup quot Award quot Utility perhaps it might be useful Sorry if this seems to be a RANT Does anyone have any recollection of these times gone by please Edit I had a copy of Ubuntu-KK- and when I ran it as a live CD I found that the SSD that I had set as the Boot from device was prefaced with name sici- ID number of drive size of drive in Kb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-8knxpultra-fj-with-award-modular-bios-settings.188678/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my graphics card this christmas and was looking at moving up to a http www amazon co uk Asus-GeForc update card needed Graphics help s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - from a http www geforce com hardware Graphics card update help needed desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel My system specs are as follows Operating system Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Graphics card update help needed Kingdom Installed System Model Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite CMT PC System Serial Number CZC XR Asset Tag CZC XR Chassis Serial Number CZC XR Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Main Cirucit Board Board Hewlett-Packard Serial Number CZC XR Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard J v Controllers Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP LA Monitor quot vis s n CN RZ September Bus Adaptors Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C D Multimedia NVIDIA High Definition Audio x Realtek High Definition Audio http h www hp com products quickspecs na na pdf lt Link to the user manual model is on the third page the Business PC I am currently using a GeForce Gt card which is quite old and struggles with performance on some games I am interested in the Asus GeForce TI but have no clue if it will even work in my machine I looked towards the manual for my pc and it suggested cards worse than I currently have and I want better performance not worse The manual says that I have x Full length PCI slots x PCI Express slot and x Full Length PCI Express x graphics The TI has according to amazon quot PCI Express amp PCI Express support quot and looking at the specifications of both on their respective websites the GT uses PCIE x and the GT TI uses PCIE Given that the GT is already working in a PCI Express slot is it safe to assume the would be compatible GT specs http www geforce co uk hardware desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel specifications GT TI specs http www asus com Graphics Cards NVIDIA Series ENGTX Ti DCII TOP DI GD specifications Would this card work and if not could you suggest a card similar in capability that would Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card update help needed

Yes that video card will work with your motherboard.

However, it may not be the best value for money compared to the current gen video cards on offer.

For example, the newer Nvidia GTX 660 is the same price as the 560 Ti and offers around 30% more performance. Alternatively, the AMD Radeon HD 7850 costs even less and still offers better performance than the 560 Ti. I would highly recommend you go with one of these (doesn't have to be that exact model of 660 or 7850).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-help-needed.188413/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello techspot, Basically I think ineed to update my BIOS in order to run call of duty black ops 2, but I Don't know.

Basically when I try to run the game, my pc freeze's then shuts down and says no signal detected, I've been looking all over the inet to try find a solution and came across a forum where people were having the same problem. (They're all using AMD) Alot of the people there said they contacted there motherboard supplier's and asked for a flash drive update or something? to update their BIOS. After doing this they said the game started to work.
Please help.

my motherboard is a N68-VS3 FX, If someone could link me to the correct update for it that would be grand. im on windows 7 if that helps

Lee.

P.S , Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section

A:BIOS update?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=N68-VS3 FX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.187629/
Relevancy 23.22%

Up until recently, I'd never been particular about peripherals. In fact, it is only now that I've begun to experiment with the features of my mouse driver -- all of which are quite new to me. So I'm curious as to what mouse settings you guys use.

For now, mine are as follows:

- Polling rate is still at default 8ms.
- Mouse speed is at 6/11 in Windows, enhanced pointer precision off, MarkC fix enabled.
- Mouse dpi settings are at 1200 dpi on a 1920x1080 monitor. I toggle down to 400 dpi when necessary.
- Usually, I have the in-game mouse sensitivity set to medium or low.

I'm using a Corsair M60.

What settings do you use when gaming? Do you use these same settings for everything else?

A:Mouse settings?

I don't really have access to my desktop right now, so this is a wild guess on my memory, on what I use:

Windows sens. something like 6/10.
1080p monitor.
Maxed polling rate (1000?)
2600DPI on desktop
3400DPI on FPS and other usual games
5600DPI for some weird games with slow movement, or LoL/HoN/DotA (HoN I play mainly) or other RTS as necessary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-settings.187707/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 31.82%

I was going to go for this Seagate 500GB ext. hd but then saw this one for $10 more it has 1TB of space and (according to the customer reviews) has a standard USB 3 cable. I found the same model on bestdirect for less. I have ordered from Memory Express who do price beats but they told me the product is discontinued, probably because of the new Go Flux line. Is this true and does it matter? The person at Memory Express directed me towards another Seagate hd of a different model. I checked out the reviews on newegg and it has 3 stars and says they have discontinued it.

How important is it to get a non-discontinued product (and why is there a discrepancy between retailers as to what's discontinued?) and how important are the customer reviews?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-external-hard-drive-are-customer-reviews-that-important.186360/
Relevancy 18.06%

I noticed yesterday that HP was auto-updating wireless updates. After they had finished, my wireless capability was gone. There was a problem with my Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless driver, and have not been able to correct the problem. Also, when I try to restart it takes forever, and I get a notification when it finally does that there was a critical blue-screen error?
Please help!

A:Can't connect wirelessly after update

What version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wirelessly-after-update.185800/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi all I Acer update 8935g driver screen GPU blank after recently updated the driver for the Ati card in my laptop during the installation the screen had gone blank and has stayed that way ever since But first heres a back story I started having trouble with the laptop a few months ago when I assume the ati card had overheated and caused the screen to flicker this laptop comes with an Intel card also which you can switch to by pressing the power save button near the keyboard The intel card ran just fine and if I output the video through hdmi the ati card would work fine also Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update which led me to Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update believe that there maybe an issue with the screen Also if I kept pressing the power save button and switching between cards the ati card would eventually begin to work normally on the laptops screen I wanted to update my drivers today as they were a couple of years old I had trouble installing them in the past as there was a conflict between both gpu cards so I became frustrated and left it I used Ati s auto detect tool and it began to install the new drivers when the screen went blank I thought this was normal during a driver update but I left the laptop running and it stayed that way for over an hour So I turned the laptop off using the main power button Probably wasnt a good idea I imagine Now the screen just stays blank even if I try to switch to the intel card Any help on this issue will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

It might be the inverter or the backlight for the LCD. Have you tried using the HDMI output on both cards if the Intel integrated supports HDMI out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-8935g-screen-blank-after-gpu-driver-update.184711/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello.
I have this new PC:
CPU: I-5 2500 (without the 'k') @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: ASUS GTX 580 direct cu II overclocked to 878 Mhz
Motherboard: Intel DH67CL
RAM: APACER 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 Mhz

I was trying to play Rome: Total War (a game made way back in 2004) at max settings and at 1600x900 resolution (which is the max resolution of my monitor) and I get an average framerate of 20 fps, often even lower. So I checked GPU usage during the game, turns out it never reached 20%. But when I lowered the graphics settings, the fps immediately jumped to 60. As far as I can tell from task manager, there seems to be high CPU usage during gaming, but it doesn't tell how much exactly. So does this mean higher graphics settings require faster CPU clocks and not just a faster GPU? Or does it just mean there's a stability problem with my PC that's affecting its performance?

A:Do you need higher CPU speed to play at higher graphics settings in games?

What power supply do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-you-need-higher-cpu-speed-to-play-at-higher-graphics-settings-in-games.183570/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys I was wondering if it's a good idea to change my graphics card, in my all in one pc Acer Aspire Z5771, the specs is exactly the same as this http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/PW.SHM02.008

Would you guys recommend which graphics card are suitable for my pc, one suitable for gaming.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

It's pretty much impossible to change graphics cards on AIO PC's, you can't just plug in a normal PCI-E desktop GPU. Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of buying them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.184351/
Relevancy 24.94%

hey , I just bought an athlon proccesor with am3 socket, and a 4gb ddr3 ram. I installed them but the screen is blank when I power the computer. If I install the old 2gb ddr2 it works. What could be the problem?

A:Blank screen after changing CPU and RAM

Your motherboard is not compatible with ddr3 memory.? Did you check your motherboards specs before purchasing the memory and CPU? Post the make and model of your motherboard. This way someone help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-after-changing-cpu-and-ram.184081/
Relevancy 24.51%

But not sure my other hardware support the P S and G C that im going to change So this is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - Changing my supply graphics and card power DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Changing my graphics card and power supply Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Changing my graphics card and power supply Device DiskDriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II OpticalDriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK Then im about to change the power supply Changing my graphics card and power supply and G C SeaSonic S II Bronze W ATX V V EPS V V PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply SAPPHIRE - - G Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Edition Im using these to play quot Diablo SC WoW Skyrim and etc and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly before But im getting tire of the graphic lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well quot Hopefully can play it with everything high XD but I think tats too much for the g c which im about to get nbsp

A:Changing my graphics card and power supply

Hey, so I took a quick look at your list. Your Motherboard does support one PCIe card, so you should be able to install the 6950 just fine.
my chief concern however, is that the 6950 is a very long card, and I'm worried it may not fit in your small dell case. So I'd take some measurements to see if it fits, before buying anything.
the installation of the PSU and GPU should be fine, I myself have done the exact same thing in my brother's dell (installed new PSU and GPU), and it has been working fine ever since.
Also If you have a few extra dollars, Id look into getting at least a 600W power supply, just to be safe, because the 6950 OC edition will suck quite a bit of power, and I'd rather have a bit more breathing room whereas 520W is cutting it a bit close. thats' up to you though, it should still run fine with your chosen PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-graphics-card-and-power-supply.183401/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am hoping you guys have some suggestions here, I have been looking at a pc which seems to be changing its resolution at random, it will work fine for a while and then the screen will go black for a few seconds and then come back with a changed resolution, it will then go black again and then revert back to the original resolution.
Its a Gigabyte AM3 mobo with AMD onboard graphics.
Thinking it might be a graphics issue I installed a Geforce 8400 GS PCI card which worked fine for a few weeks but now we have the graphics issues again. I am assuming that as it had the problen with 2 different graphics chips, one onboard and one on the PCI card that its unlikely to be a graphics issue.
Could it be an issue with the monitor which is a 17" Dell TFT?

A:Video issues with changing resolution

What have you done regarding graphics drivers? Have you tried to install the latest that is appropriate for each card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issues-with-changing-resolution.170717/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone,
I need some advice please..
For quite a few years I had a Canon iP5000 and when I wanted to print a document from my PC I simply pressed PRINT and the printer would automatically come on print my document and then after a few minutes shut down again.
I was really annoyed when the nozzles got clogged and now the machine is useless.
I bought a new Canon MG5350 (slower and noisier and doesn't print anywhere as good as the iP5000 ). Can anyone advise me if it is possible to set the MG5350 up so as to operate the same way as I had the iP5000 ( I.e start when I press PRINT on my computer and shut down after printing).

Regards eddiemac.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-mg5350-settings.182640/
Relevancy 18.06%

so im deciding to upgrade my mobo that supports pci 2.0 I was wondering does 2.0 support 2.1 because im going to put a budget radeon card in it note this is not a gaming pc just a little upgrade

A:Mobo update

Yes, PCIE 2.0 will support a 2.1 card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-update.181796/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently got an HP rectangular flat screen monitor with screen measurements of 16 & 1/4 " wide X 10" top to bottom & 19" diagonal. As you can see by the picture

I'd like to know if I can get rid of the black @ top & bottom. I never did change them from the CRT settings. Currect settings are

A:Help with monitor settings

All LCD monitors have a native resolution. If you look through the documentation that came with your LCD monitor, it will tell you what the native or optimal resolution should be. Looking at your picture you have above, you are NOT running at the 19" LCDs native resolution. Most likely you need to be running: 1366x768, 1440x900, 1680x1050, or 1920x1080. Crank that slider all the way to the right, that is usually where the LCD screens native resolution resides. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-monitor-settings.181524/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I'm trying to update the drivers on my Radeon x600 256MB graphics card with Windows XP 32 bit.

I downloaded the following file described as the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.2 (XP): download-euro <dot> oldapps <dot> com/ATI/10-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

On running this download, it has installed Catalyst Install Manager in C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin, but I have no idea what I need to do next!

Running Install Manager and following the steps through seems to do something, though looking at device manager, it doesn't look as though the driver has been updated (it's still version 8.162.0.0)...

Thanks in advance

A:Radeon x600 XP driver update

Try the WDM Integrated Driver here :

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x600-xp-driver-update.179750/
Relevancy 23.22%

I found I don't receive this error "Packet needs to be fragmented but DF Set" when I do a " ping -f -l 1400 www.yahoo.com ". Then I set MTU to the the value of 1400 and reboot the machine. After reboot, I did a another " ping -f -l 1400 www.yahoo.com " and got "Packet needs to be fragmented but DF Set" error again. I lower the value again and another reboot, I get the same error.

I think I'm doing some thing wrong here - Please help.

A:Chaging MTU Settings

As I recall, there's an 8 byte header, so if MTU is 1408, then ping -l 1400 should be clean.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chaging-mtu-settings.179486/
Relevancy 22.36%

Dear All.
I have been stuck to a peculiar problem. Let me discuss the situation. I Have got the following configuration: Asus motherboard with Intel Dual Core processor, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM and one 80GB P-ATA and one 500 GB S-ATA HDD. I have installed Windows in the S-ATA HDD and decided to use the P-ATA HDD as additional storage drive. Now the problem is, sometimes the system cannot detect the P-ATA HDD, and sometimes when it detects it appears as Primary IDE Slave and in that case the SATA drive disappears from the boot priority drive list in bios setting. So the system cannot boot. Presently I am using my PC without connecting the P-ATA drive. But I want to use both of them. In this situation can u masters help me out of this problem? Thanks in advance........ Kabiraj.

A:My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

Is the BIOS updated to it's latest firmware?
Alternative solution would be that you buy an pata HDD USB box and put the pata HDD in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sata-hdd-is-not-available-for-boot-priority-selection-in-bios-settings.178476/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

Restored laptop (Acer Aspire 5735, OS Windows Vista Home Basic 32 bit) to factory settings a few months ago and noticed that there was a lot of space being used up on C: drive even though I hadn't started installing programs and putting files back on to laptop.

Used SpaceSniffer to see where all the space was being used up and it only found the C: drive to have size of 38.1GB even though it should have 69.6GB. Also ran WinDirStat and that also said C: drive had size 38.1GB.

Any suggestions on why there seems to be 31.5GB missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks!

A:Missing hard drive space after restoring laptop to factory settings

"it should have 69.6GB"...
Is the drive 80GB unformatted? Did you format the drive when starting the restore? This is known as a "destructive" restore. If you didn't, it is possible that the old Vista files are still on the drive, along with the new files, taking up the space

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-hard-drive-space-after-restoring-laptop-to-factory-settings.175311/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys I just bought an Acer Aspire z- laptop It has windows and a realtek sound card The problem is that I am not getting a good sound from my headphones when I connect them to the laptop I have tried pairs and I face the same issue I tried changing the settings from realtek control panel but there is no specific option for headphones there Also in control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices there is no option for headphones I have selected both quot show disabled devices quot and quot show disconnected devices quot and still i cannot see any option for headphones I sent out a mail laptop for headphones option my No new settings in sound in :( to acer tech support and they said that I have to control my headphones using the quot speakers option quot that I see under control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices Can it be like that I thought I should be seeing all the options since it is a windows feature I have updated all the drivers and all but nothing seems to be working Please help me out over here Thanks in advance Lovish nbsp

A:No option for headphones in sound settings in my new laptop :(

Yes, in the Windows 7 Control Panel you will see a "Sound Option". Select headphones and select configure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-option-for-headphones-in-sound-settings-in-my-new-laptop.175746/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is happned wen i try launtch NVIDIA Control panel You are not currently using display attached to an Nvidia GPU when i go to Computer Managment gt Divice Manager gt Display adapters gt Nvidia GeForce gt Properties its say divice status is Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code And available settings display Nvidia are not when i try launtch World of warcraft its Nvidia display settings are not available say Failed to find suitable display divice I try update all my drivers that not help i try reinstall windows that not help ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DOVYDAS-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language Lithuanian Regional Setting Lithuanian System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model P QL PRO BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Nvidia display settings are not available Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Driver Name Driver File Version Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B -B DAEC CB Vendor Nvidia display settings are not available ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FE amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FE amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS FE amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura ... Read more

A:Nvidia display settings are not available

Bad install, bad driver, or bad card. First try re-installing from the NVidia site download.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-display-settings-are-not-available.176152/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, i was thinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings to take care of some fps issues ive been having for the last 10 months, since my laptop came without an OS disc does that mean that the OS is integrated into the laptop and that when i restore it i wont have to buy a new one?

Thanks

A:Question about restoring factory settings on my laptop

xxJags said:

Hey, i was thinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings to take care of some fps issues ive been having for the last 10 months, since my laptop came without an OS disc does that mean that the OS is integrated into the laptop and that when i restore it i wont have to buy a new one?

ThanksClick to expand...

Is it new? Does it still have a warranty? If it still has a warranty, take it back so you don't void the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-restoring-factory-settings-on-my-laptop.175006/
Relevancy 22.36%

Looking to play Skyrim and I need to upgrade my video card (PCI only).
I have a Sony VAIO PCV-2210. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 1 Cores - 1 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.53GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2)
CPUID : F.2.7 / Extended : F.2
CPU Cache : L1 : 12 / 8 KB - L2 : 512 KB
Core : Northwood (0.130) / Stepping : C1
Freq : 2545.97 MHz (134.02 * 19)
MB Brand : Asus
MB Model : KIRIN-V
NB : Intel i845GV rev A1
SB : Intel 82801DB (ICH4) rev 01
GPU Type : Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
DirectX Version : 9.0c
RAM : 1024 MB DDR
RAM Speed : 134 MHz (1:1) @ 2.5-3-3-7
Slot 1 : 512MB (3200)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Kingston
Slot 2 : 512MB (3200)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Kingston

A:Do any of these PCI cards work with my mobo and will it run Skyrim on lower settings?

just realized I can't post links yet. I was looking at Micro Center under PCI cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-any-of-these-pci-cards-work-with-my-mobo-and-will-it-run-skyrim-on-lower-settings.174591/
Relevancy 24.94%

I own a ACER Aspire model 5552-3680, but its time to replace the battery on it. I was simply wondering if replacing a battery on a computer removes my files saved on it as well? Just confirming, because I really doubt it. Usually files are saved on RAM, and I'm only replacing the battery. Thanks ahead of time!

A:Worries about changing batteries

Not sure whether you're replacing the rechargeable or the coin battery, either way, save your files then shutdown your computer properly and proceed w/ the change-out. You won't lose anything.

If you're replacing the coin battery, BIOS setting might revert back to the default factory setting. So you'll want to check on that. It's been a while since I've had to replace the coin battery, don't recall what happened at the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worries-about-changing-batteries.174513/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey I was wondering, will a Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire run Skyrim on max settings with the following components? I have 2 Radeon HD 6850 and a Crossfire Bridge so I was wondering.

Intel i7-2600K, 3.4 GHz
Windows 7
64 bit operating system
8GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive

A:Will a Radeon HD 6850 Crossfire run Skyrim on max settings?

Unless you have some crazy resolution I'm gonna say you will be more than fine . Hopefully it'll be properly supported out of the box; this is a major release though so I'd imagine any issues would be addressed very quickly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-radeon-hd-6850-crossfire-run-skyrim-on-max-settings.173050/
Relevancy 23.22%

AMD Phenom II x6 1055t
Asus 990FX Sabertooth
8gb Corsair XMS3 - 1333mhz
2 - XFX AMD HD Radeon 6850's
Asus 22x - DVD+RW
120gb OCZ Solid Series
1tb Segate - 7200rpm HDD
Kingwin - LZG Lazer 1000watt

I am most concerned about crossfire and if Skyrim will take advantage of it or not or should I just disable crossfire and use one card?

A:Can my PC run Skyrim on ultra settings?

No , 6850 crossfired wont run the game LOL JK JK.
Of course. Games need about 3 cores now adays, Crysis 2 BF3, use up about 60 percent of total CPU power. Your CPU and RAM is more then enough. You need a good video card now, and you have that in the 6850. You have them in crossfire, you should be able to play any game @ 1080p 8x CSAA 16xAF high quality,, game on high quality settings. gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-pc-run-skyrim-on-ultra-settings.173169/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm taking a class right now and the teacher keeps alluding to the fact that it doesn't matter how fast the CPU is. For example the CPU could be sitting there ideally. Could someone elaborate, is there no point in getting a faster CPU if the bus is too slow?

A:Why is CPU not as important as people think it is?

I don't really understand what he is suggesting. There are too many variables. What CPU? What is the bus speed? What applications are in question? What do you mean by

"For example the CPU could be sitting there ideally"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-cpu-not-as-important-as-people-think-it-is.172659/
Relevancy 24.08%

There was a previous thread on this, but none which I found pertaining to Windows 7.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to do this?

Possibly without having to use the Win7 installation CD...

A:Changing hard drives from IDE to SATA With a RAID configuration in Windows 7

Can you supply us with the full scenario please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-hard-drives-from-ide-to-sata-with-a-raid-configuration-in-windows-7.172531/
Relevancy 23.22%

Never was very good at figuring this stuff out so I figured I just ask. With my PC how well will I be able to run Skyrim?

My specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0Ghz
4Gb RAM
Radeon HD 5770 1Gb memory
Resolution: 1920x1080

I know my CPU might be lacking, but I don't know how big a deal it'll be.

http://www.elderscrollv.com/skyrim-system-requirements/

A:Can I run Skyrim on max settings and have a decent FPS (30-60)?

I am not sure if on max. What is playable FPS to you? 30 and above?

Maybe overclock that GPU by a bit and the CPU should be capable of going a bit more, up to about 3.6 GHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-run-skyrim-on-max-settings-and-have-a-decent-fps-30-60.172354/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello Techies!

Lately I found an old 75f monitor near the garbage and, as the good scavenger that I am, immediately took it under my possession. The problem with it is that every time the monitor turns off and on, be it with the OS's auto turn off monitor option or when I turn the computer on, the settings on it get scrambled up and I have to set the color settings and the screen deformations all over again.

You guys have any idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance

Arial

A:NEC MultiSync 75F monitor settings scramble up each turn-on

This was a cheap poorly built monitor to begin with... Since you like to salvage electronics, you must be good at soldering. Open up the case and resolder all the connections on the board containing the CRT socket. The signal cable should connect to this CRT board too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nec-multisync-75f-monitor-settings-scramble-up-each-turn-on.171933/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just recently had to upgrade to a 880gm-ud2h motherboard after my old one died (an older model, also updated the RAM and Processor, but not the hard drives or video card) but now that I've done all this, something has messed up with Windows.
Whenever I start the computer, windows will seem to start normally, then a BSOD will flash for less than a second before the computer reboots and demands that I run the System Repair thing for Windows. After running this three times without effect, I decided that I was better off installing a new OS (I lost my repair disk), and created a USB bootable for Ubuntu.
However, with this USB boot drive plugged in, hitting F12 during boot up brings up the BIOS boot order as normal, but no matter which option I choose nothing changes.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

A:Boot order of BIOS isn't changing

Well for some reason it finally decided to work, but now the computer won't go past a black screen that says "Loading Operating System..." and it sat there for about fifteen, twenty minutes,.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-order-of-bios-isnt-changing.170680/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all Thanks changing HDD Unable to after start in advance for everyone s help My computer have been plague with various problems in the last week No suddenly my main HDD was fried when computer starts POST can detect all my other HDDs Unable to start after changing HDD but not my main one I got this replaced with a new one both SATAs Unable to start after changing HDD After replacing the HDD i powered on my computer only to see that all of my HDDs are detected but the POST msg shows that my BIOS Clock is resetted and i need to either re configure or reset to default i chose to reconfigure went in BIOS before i can change anything computer hang i power off and on and then is unable to get the computer started Now when i press on my power switch the fans moves for a second and stops if i hold on to the power button the fans moves in intervals just like you are rev-ing a car vroom pause vroom pause vroom pause Things i tired removing all of my cards including Gfx card sound card and on same problem removing all ram and reseat them same problem removing CPU and on same problem reseat all cables and remove all sata cables same problem starting the computer using jumping the system using the pins instead of power button same problem Green light is still on when the PSU is plugged in to the board My guess is that not only my HDD was fried maybe the PSU or the Motherboard also died Anyone have any suggestions on what other steps i can take before taking it to a repair shop for diagnostic test Specs AMD Gigabyte board PSU watt true power x gb kingston ram nbsp

A:Unable to start after changing HDD

Nothing shows on the monitor at all? If so, try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-after-changing-hdd.169768/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am looking for a way to bring an old IBM desktop machine that I built Into more sutible working conditions. Does any one have any Ideas on how I can update the innerds of my computer?
I know this very vauge but I dont have the computer with me now and am looking to stock up on what I need (Info and parts) Before I get back to it.
\Thanks?

A:Best way to update graphics on five-year-old IBM desktop

We heed to know the components you have before we can recommend upgrades. What is the IBM model number - or better a link to the IBM spec list for it - and what new components did you put in?

Also, what is your budget and how do you use the PC?

For a starter on learning about video card upgrades, I recommend this site:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/

Pay particular attention to the criteria page that addresses system constraints in the upgrade process - and helps you define your wants and needs in a way that is useful:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-update-graphics-on-five-year-old-ibm-desktop.169271/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hy there.

I have jack headphones and sometimes when I wanna listen to the computer when i'm connecting headphones the sound is a surrounding one. Can I change the properties of it?
I mention I inserted them in the keyboard slot, but if I insert them to the PC the sound is good.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Changing jack headset properties

You mentioned you plugged the headphones into your keyboard. Could you provide the details of your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-jack-headset-properties.169190/
Relevancy 24.94%

So right now I got the geforce 7950 GX2 on my temp system. Its a dell desktop forgot the model number. After I bild my new rig I'm going to sell the temp comp for maybe 200 to 300 bucks. The video card in it is dying and I need to change it. Don't want to spend a fortune on it since I'm getting rid of it soon.

Any suggestions on a decent video cards so I can play a few games on it till build my new system??

A:Changing video card

ATI 5570/5670 maybe? What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-video-card.168975/
Relevancy 18.06%

After doing some research...(I feel fairly stupid) I have figured out that a Ati Radeon Hd 5400 Series graphics card, is not the best for gaming. I got this PC for Christmas from iBuypower. Here are my specs:

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU Speed 3.00 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co.
Motherboard Model GA-770T-USB3
Ram 4 Gigabytes
Power Supply MaxPower PX-480 (480w)

And I am from the US.
Thx to cfitzarl for the guide to opening a new thread.
BTW I play games like WOW and Rift soon to be Magicka.

Relevancy 18.06%

Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel DG31 PR
250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

A:Graphic card update

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-update.166962/
Relevancy 24.94%

I use my TI-82 grapics calculator quite a lot (usually for programming), and I'm aving a problem with the variables, primarily the "Y" variable. When I put a store command for a real variable in a program, the calculator stores "0" to it no matter what. The problem usually occurs during the first 30 seconds of program execution. I try entering the command several times, and it still doesn't work right. What I'm mainly worried about is the fact that it hasn't done this when I first bought it.

Will it get worse?
Can I do anything to fix it?
Does this indicate a serious problem elsewhere?

A:Variables not changing in program on TI-82

i doubt that this is the right section for this but anyway... try contacting the manufacturer and see if they can help you or google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/variables-not-changing-in-program-on-ti-82.165778/
Relevancy 22.36%

i have a pc that i was trying to update when i updated the drivers everything was fine until it rebooted when it rebooted the screen went to sleep mode i have tried another monitor but still the same thing is there anyway i can put the hd in to another pc for it to work so i can maybe change what i can to get it to read or atleast see on the other pc?

A:No monitor after updates?

You could hook your drive up to another PC and try to boot from it but I doubt it will be any different. Sounds like you have downloaded a bad driver.

Can you get it to boot in safe mode and then use system restore to take it back to before you installed the driver.

What driver was it?

What OS are you using?

Do you have the OS disc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-monitor-after-updates.165818/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope this hasn t been asked already I searched for similar questions but there are a vast number of topics already posted that I don t think I even scratched the surface This is the second time I ve recieved a notification update? Recommend BIOS from Dell Support Center with the recommendation to update my BIOS I didn t do it the first time because I had no idea what I was doing and Recommend BIOS update? knew that messing with your BIOS could cause some serious problems This time I figure I will ask the experts first This is the message I am getting quot BIOS UPDATE AVAILABLE There is a critical new BIOS update available This critical BIOS update will fix problems or add features to the computer Recommend BIOS update? s BIOS It is strongly recommended to update to this latest BIOS quot Short sweet and to the point My question is whether or not it seems like a good idea to go ahead and do the update Recommend BIOS update? In regards to BIOS updates I ve been told quot if it ain t broke don t fix it quot but if the update will speed things up or have some benefit I m interested Also if it does seem like a good thing to do how do I go about it so I don t end up with a paper weight Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Recommend BIOS update?

I would agree with your final comment, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But, on the other hand if Dell are pushing this recommendation then it may have some benefits, just make certain it is coming from Dell and not some bogus site. Go to the official Dell support site and look up your PC's drivers, it will show you in there what the latest version the Bios is, just check it against what you have. Go into Bios at boot and it will be written at the top of the screen.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=bt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-bios-update.165610/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello on update Can't my Asus UL30VT! driver graphics I m not sure this belongs in this forum section so if it doesn t please don t bite my head off All right so about a month ago the laptop I used to game with broke because of a water accident Thus I cannot get it repaired for free and my poor little student budget can t afford a repair So now I Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! m using my tiny UL VT to game with until Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! I can get hold of someone who can repair my dear laptop for something cheaper than what the store I bought it at charges for it - And it has been coping surprisngly fine considering that it isn t a laptop meant for that But yesterday I ran into a problem where I am forced to update my graphics driver to be able to play on decent graphics in most of my games So I downloaded the newest driver from nvidia and everything was fine until it told me that it couldn t install because it couldn t find the hardware itself I got told that s because of the option to switch betweens graphics Intel GMA X MHD and NVIDIA GeForce G M in my UL VT and thus I need to get a special driver from ASUS But that driver s nowhere to be found So are anyone here able to tell me where I can find the driver I need It really annoys me to have to play on the lowest graphics possible just because of a stupid driver problem THanks in advance nbsp

A:Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT!

ASUS driver

Been to the ASUS driver download page, BUT it was blank at first try, so forced it to reload the page;
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
There are 2 drivers listed for your UL30VT, 1) is a patch , (V1.0.0.1)@116KB, and
2) nVidia graphic driver, (V8.15.11.8688)@ 97MB.
These are for Windows 7. Hope this is what you meant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-update-my-graphics-driver-on-asus-ul30vt.161462/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello Motherboard GA- VT P Combo rev x Current CPU Intel Pentium D GHz Target CPU Intel Core Quad ghz m a Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTS RAM x Corsair DDR GB OS Windows -bit Hard Drive gb Seagate Power Supply Antec Earthwatts W Max Hello i am about to lose it So i have the configuration as stated and i am trying to update the bios so that an intel core quad ghz m a works because that particular processor is listed on the cpu support list for my motherboard however to without BIOS Need floppy update when i try to use it i get a blank screen on startup no bios no nothing I narrowed it down to the bios because i also tried an intel core duo ghz m and had the same problem blank screen on startup and no bios So thats why at the moment i have a pentium d in Need to update BIOS without floppy because it worked so i figured since the core quad is on the support list but isnt working i should update the bios i downloaded the latest version FD and tried to run the exe from my desktop of windows but got the error quot This system Need to update BIOS without floppy does not support fullscreen mode Choose Close to terminate Need to update BIOS without floppy the application quot Fine so i noticed qflash in the bios area and realised thats the method of my current bios and went into it by pressing delete to enter setup then F for qflash Options were keep DMI data Enable with the option to disable I don t know what DMI data is save bios to floppy or update bios from floppy So I grab a floppy drive and plug it in one that I know is working from trying it on another pc The floppy drive doesn t work it doesn t register a floppy drive nor in windows or in qflash Turns out my input connecter for floppy seems to be busted on my motherboard Reason I think this is because I tried my power supply plugged into the floppy drive then the floppy ide into another pc s motherboard input and turned them on at the same time and I got the green light on the floppy drive working which means it s the input on my motherboard not my power supply nor the cable It seems the only way to update the bios is via floppy I tried putting the files onto a DVD and booting it but it didn t read any files as bootable I tried a usb but the only option in qflash is floppy AND THE MOTHERBOARD FLOPPY CONNECTER IS BUSTED I cant seem to do anything without it What do I do Is there another way of updating my bios I NEED to have support for a core quad Why does my floppy input not work Its just one problem after another Do such faults warrant repair from gigabyte Could a usb floppy be an option Would my primitive bios see a usb floppy as a floppy nbsp

A:Need to update BIOS without floppy

You didn't read the support list properly. The Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo processors are not supported. See here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=1937 The N/A in the "Since BIOS Version" column means not supported. See the red note in the upper left of the page?

So you are wasting your time trying to update the BIOS. There's no point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-update-bios-without-floppy.164518/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok so I have a custom build PC. I have a Asus P5K motherboard. I have upgraded to Windows 7 due to vista sucking *** lmao. But the only problem with that is, my motherboard is not compatable with Windows 7. I keep getting the BSOD because i need to update my BIOS. What can I do to fix this..." BECIDES GOING BACK TO VISTA"

A:I can't update my BIOS

Have you tried using the Asus "EZ Flash 2" utility? Here is ASUS download page for your motherboard:
ASUS P5K

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-update-my-bios.163688/