Windows Support Forum

Replacement components for a computer that does not POST

Q: Replacement components for a computer that does not POST

Replacement components for a computer that does not post My desktop computer has been exhibiting unusual components that not a does Replacement POST computer for behavior over the pass week Unfortunately my pc does not always post when the power button is pressed Sometimes the computer turns on after several hours When Replacement components for a computer that does not POST the computer does not post I cannot hear the drives spin up or any posting process including beeps Unfortunately my time is limited for Replacement components for a computer that does not POST researching and troubleshooting the situation since this computer is down I have re-seated all the components inside the case yet do not have additional components to swap in and out The computer switch seems to work on the case When opening the case and pressing the power button CPU graphic card and case fans turn on The paperclip switch technique did not make the computer post either same effect as the power button Changing the motherboard battery made no difference My initial thoughts relates to the motherboard or video card since the power supply is less than months old Corsair TX W When the computer turns on it does not encounter any errors or hiccups and performs as expected My first inclination is to begin looking into replacement components yet I was not planning a major system upgrade So I humbly request suggestions on replacing my motherboard processor and video card My current system has processing power for most computing tasks except when doing heavy multi-tasking with streaming HD video My requirements for replacement components would revolve on a dual monitor setup moving large files file archiving and HD video decoding in a multi-tasking environment This rig does not serve as a gaming machine Value is a top priority for replacement components My budget will be between and AMD seems like the better value The Phenom II X T looks good with cores The motherboard and video card are not easy choices It has been years since my last system build and the technology has rapidly evolved The motherboard should have at least Sata connection most seem to have and on-board sound USB would be nice yet not essential The video card should be powerful enough for basic photo editing and viewing HD content I do have GB of OCZ PC ram from a previous hot deal yet it did not work under my current setup Below is a short list of potential candidates for replacement component and my current system I am hoping this thread would begin a discussion on the components that offer the best bang for the buck Any suggestions would help me avoid major disappointments with getting this system back online Update The computer has not turn on in several days it may be completely dead Replacement Components ----------------------------------- Phenom II X T Black Edition ASUS M A GTD PRO USB AM AMD GX SATA Gb s USB HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard XFX Radeon HD Video Card or something under Current System --------------------- Processor Athlon X GHz MB L Cache Socket Heatsink AMD Heatsink-Fan Thermalright XP- C w mm Fan Motherboard A N-SLI Deluxe Video Card XFX GeForce GT -MB PCI Express Power Supply Corsair TX- w Memory x GB Mhz PC DDR RAM PIN DIN Monitor Dual Dell Inch WA nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Replacement components for a computer that does not POST

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Replacement components for a computer that does not POST

Take it to a respected computer repair shop, and find out exactly which component is failing. It might cost you $60 -$90, but will save you money in the long run.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-components-for-a-computer-that-does-not-post.162257/
Relevancy 86.86%

My existing PC has been running for the past year no issues went to install two new of Solved: on MOBO v. Post -- components replacement No PSU? hd s and had a power loss into the formatting process a couple hours later I was already suspicious of the current load on the PSU because I would have infrequent reboots from inconspicous events such as activity from the USB mouse etc I added the two hard drives at a time in order to transfer data and systematically remove the old GB drive Solved: MOBO v. PSU? -- No Post on replacement of components entirely from the configuration Original System Enermax PSU W Gigabyte SINXP- MOBO Intel P - Ghz Verto GeForce FX Mushkin MB DIMMs DDR PC - Mhz HDs - GB GB GB CD-ROM SB-LIVE Platinum Fans During the reformat process of the last drive where the effective number Solved: MOBO v. PSU? -- No Post on replacement of components of drives Solved: MOBO v. PSU? -- No Post on replacement of components attached was I encountered a random reboot On the restart I updated BIOS settings to adequately reflect a few system settings On the restart there was no Post My initial belief being that I had changed the BIOS incorrectly so I reset the BIOS battery removal the system still wouldn t post At this point I figured the Enermax PSU was underpowered at W and I probably fried something with the substantial load This begins the systematic replacement of most key components Here is what I have replaced thus far PSU W Allied AL-B E attahed to old system no change MOBO amp CPU DFI Lan Party Pro B amp Intel Ghz E same issue VIDEO ATI Radeon Pro However still no Post I tried refitting the components on the board thinking there was a short but still nothing At this point I m trying to discover any other potential problems I might be missing here are some more discoveries The Hard Drives are intact as they get into the Windows start-up on an old P system I got up and running When using the GB drive that was no longer connected during the initial power loss it will spin up when connected to the PSU but NOT if the IDE cable is also connected The MOBO DIMM amp PCI LEDs fire up when PSU is turned on The fans on the Video amp CPU Heatsink come on when system powered up The RAM is the only thing left I have not changed No Beeps No Post Still unclear where the issue is in the system I am not sure if I have a bunch of still good hardware that I ve replaced due to a single point of failure since everything that I have replaced has come up as not the issue nbsp

A:Solved: MOBO v. PSU? -- No Post on replacement of components

Hi and welcome. Have you tried hooking things up outside the case, just the bare minimums to see if you can get a post? And only one ram chip, just in case there is a problem there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mobo-v-psu-no-post-on-replacement-of-components.289550/
Relevancy 63.64%

I bought a win xp disc and installed it. After that, the videocard has been replaced and 1 cd-rewriter was removed.

It may be possible that in a while, CPU, motherboard and RAM need to be replaced, or maybe the PSU only.

-if only the PSU needs to be replaced, can I still use win xp?
-if CPU, motherboard and RAM need to be replaced, I have to reinstall win xp, can I still use the same win xp key with the disc I bought?

Relevancy 63.64%

I bought a win xp disc and installed it. After that, the videocard has been replaced and 1 cd-rewriter was removed.

It may be possible that in a while, CPU, motherboard and RAM need to be replaced, or maybe the PSU only.

-if only the PSU needs to be replaced, can I still use win xp?
-if CPU, motherboard and RAM need to be replaced, I have to reinstall win xp, can I still use the same win xp key with the disc I bought?

A:using win xp after components replacement

Yes you can reuse the purchased copy of XP. You will probably be required to call MS to activate it again. That's a very painless and simple process that takes less than 10 min.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/using-win-xp-after-components-replacement-378348.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I was recently the victim of a power surge that fried my multi-adapter plug When I tried to boot my system lter and the LEDs in the case flashed for a second and went dead I then stripped the whole computer Power components surge damaged bad (troubelshoot or replacement parts. even taking apart the PSU Once I put everything together again the system booted fine again There was no indication that the system sustained damage and everything functioned as usual Later while playing BF I noticed that There was some type of lag where the graphics would momentarily hang en then quot rubberband quot back hardy noticeable I contributed this to internet lag Then I noticed that this also happened in offline games however not always I then made peace with the Power surge damaged components or bad replacement parts. (troubelshoot idea that some components might have taken damage from the power surge and ordered a new mobo chip and ram The only parts I did not Power surge damaged components or bad replacement parts. (troubelshoot change out was the HDDs and the PSU and the GPU Granted the I upgraded from an old Power surge damaged components or bad replacement parts. (troubelshoot phenom II the NEW MSI Z -G GAMING LGA Intel mobo required both the Pin quot CPU quot connectors from the power supply That being the only notable difference between old and new configurations I assembled the new components and tried to boot the PC As soon as I hit the power button the mobo LEDs the Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer GB LED's and Corsair GS lights up and the system fans spin to life however there is no image on the screen Nothing I then Removed my Powercolor GB and connected the DMI connector to the MOBO screen output and booted still no display I then removed Module ram then swapped it out with another still no dice Fairly sure it's not the ram I disconnected on of my HDDs swapped it round with another and tried different SATA ports on the Mobo No dice I disconnected all the PSU plugs and and reconnected them and everything lights up and spins up but no image displays I have also noticed that the CPU does not get hot warm at all So I am not sure if the new components are faulty and or if the PSU is faulty Any ideas how I can determine troubleshoot without buying unnecessary replacement components

A:Power surge damaged components or bad replacement parts. (troubelshoot

Well, gonna try another PSU tonight

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/347479-power-surge-damaged-components-bad-replacement-parts-troubelshoot.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi even No components? POST.. all after changing folks would really appreciate some help here Whilst I m not an expert it s very rare I get as completely confounded as I am now so any insight would be great Brief history I was having problems with my GS gfx card it ran ok but No POST.. even after changing all components? would occasionally munch DPCs and pretty much kill the system With no fix in sight I decided to swap it for an ati x xt After doing so it was all ok but then the computer randomly rebooted itself about four hours after build At reboot the vocal POST feedback very freaky he first time you hear that told me the system failed memory test Except then it booted fine next attempt After going back to the pc with it being switched off for a while it wouldn t start No POST.. even after changing all components? Then when it eventually did all the repeated reboots had corrupted the windows install Long story short too late my ram was cooked and I couldn t get a stable system So it was all looking long in the tooth anyway and I decided to update things New mobo new cpu and new ram and even a new hdd just for luck Installed it all booted up and nothing No POST but all the fans came on and all the leds on the mobo lit up telling me it was ok Lies I ve tried swapping out all the components PSU mobo graphics card ram and cpu with no joy I ve just rebuilt the pc out of the case to check for shorts same thing One interesting symptom which probably tells someone with more experience than I what s going on when I first press the power button everything spins up then dies within about seconds Then silence for seconds or so Then it turns itself back on and tries to boot all without outside interference Sure it means something but I ve no idea what and it s such a vague description google isn t much help The system as it stands upstairs is abit IB motherboard Intel Core Duoe E ghz Corsair DDR gb kit Sparkle GeForce Gs and the alternate which has no impact on the problem is a Connect D X XT The PSU I was using was an Enermax Noisetaker To test things out I nipped to PC World and spent quid on a quot Jeantech quot pos Neither of which seem to do anything different It s the way changing the components is having no effect on the symptoms which is confusing me There s now nothing in the PC which was there before I started playing even tried new power lead and different outlet If anyone knows what s going on you can be my new best friend The more I need to work from home the more I need my PC and so this problem is crippling I m almost at the point where I pick up the phone and call Dell so I must be getting desperate Thanks for taking the time to have a shufties Si nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I'm jst in the process of upgrading my editing system and after changing two components;
ATI x1550(old) to nVidia GF8500 GT 512mb(new)
Intel Core Duo 1.83Ghz(old) to Intel Core Quad Duo 2.40Ghz(new)

Since doing so the system turns on and on the first screen states the Main Processor (which is correct) but then doesn't continue on to the memory tests... The USB keyboard (setup to work in BIOS previously) doesn't work with the system any more, and the PS/2 adapter doesnt help... There are no beeps.

Please help us out!

Jak

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I'm trying to deploy IE to our company via System Center SP CU I'm attempting to create an MSI file using the IEAK That's no problem I can get IE to install using this method The problem I'm having is when I try to include add nbsp patches and updates in 11 components patches IEAK / updates post-install - Custom to the installation MSI I'm using the IEAK and am nbsp asking them to quot install after system restarts quot after IE has been successfully installed The patch I'm trying to install is KB I've downloaded the Windows -KB -x msu file and have extracted the cab file from it You nbsp can only select exe or cab files for this process One of the websites a Microsoft site says to insert a command nbsp in the quot Command quot box to extract the file The command I insert there is quot expand IE -Windows -KB -x cab -f c temp quot A print-screen is attached below When I do this however I receive the following error message after IE is installed and the system is rebooted No files are extracted to the c temp folder Error could not locate INF file 'expand IE -Windows -KB -x cab -f c temp' So I click OK and the system continues booting into Windows The patch is never applied Do any of you have advice for me Am I using the correct syntax in the Command box Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e42b4ce8-2862-4764-88e4-09745a296a62/custom-components-in-ieak-11-postinstall-updates-patches?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 53.75%

So first I had this problem which I think I may have solved Windows will not load into or beyond login Now I have replaced the video card with this one Newegg com - SAPPHIRE DDR L Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card After replacing the video card the computer was non-responsive after testing the PSU I found out it had gone bad I found it weird that it blew up at the same time I replaced the video card I did take the proper precautions with an anti-static wrist band while doing both jobs This is what I replaced the original PSU with Newegg com - Rosewill Stallion Series RD - -SB W ATX V Power Supply Now with all of this having been done when I try to start the computer I get post beeps I have tried to search Google and my documentation for an explanation of the beeps with no luck I don't know what to do now everything has been plugged back in exactly as it was before Any help is appreciated

A:Continuous post beeping after PSU replacement

do you still have the old video card ? if so try replacing it and let us no what happens.

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210665-continuous-post-beeping-after-psu-replacement.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I have a Gateway MX quot laptop LCD screen cracked quot accidentally quot due to a drop The laptop fell I have been using with an eternal monitor and it worked great Except for the display screen everything worked LCD Solved: problems Post replacement fine Two days ago I bought a replacement lcd from ebay and just received it today Upon swapping the old for the new the new LCD does not show up the booting process It does not show anything at all Initially what I see is a horizontal white band where my taskbar would be It is then followed by some greyish bluish lines covering about two-thirda of the screen horizontally I am trying to insert an image here showing how the screen looks after booting URL Solved: Post LCD replacement problems http picasaweb google com raikhi LCDProblem URL I do not know what I am doing Solved: Post LCD replacement problems wrong I checked all connections for the video cable and the inverter plug and they all seem to be seated well Please advise Thank you in anticipation nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I am using a Dell Studio oddities problems: post-battery space and replacement drive Two hard laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium I currently have two problems First the amount of free space available in my hard drive has been varying wildly lately note the Two problems: hard drive space and oddities post-battery replacement total amount is static its the free space that s acting oddly Shortly after I removed some programs namely Steam games I had GB free Over the course of two weeks that number rose to GB This may have been caused by defragmentation and excess data purging that my computer does as a matter of course but recently it dropped to GB This is not too much of a problem in and of itself since I also own a large external hard drive whose amount of free space has remained constant but I have performed Two problems: hard drive space and oddities post-battery replacement no installations nor have a downloaded any data in any sort of quantity that could possibly justify such Two problems: hard drive space and oddities post-battery replacement a large drop I am somewhat worried at this point that someone might have hijacked my computer and I am looking for a way that can help me monitor what s being written deleted from my hard drive Does anyone know of such a program or other method I can use to figure out what s happening My second problem is actually a pair of problems that cropped up since I changed my battery For one my computer refuses to go to sleep any long instead going into a shut down the moment I activate the quot sleep quot command be it by external button or start menu button Shut Down Restart and Hibernate still work normally it is just Sleep that is causing problems The other problem is that sometimes when I shut down or hibernate my computer it will go through the normal shut down hibernate methods However instead of shutting down hibernating the screen will go black and it will loudly chirp a couple of times The screen will remain black but the computer will not actually go off -- the power light remains on and the fan continues whirring The only way I have found to get it to work properly is a hard shut down by pressing and holding the power button for seconds When I turn it back on it tells me that quot The memory has changed quot and gives me options to continue or go to a menu Problem is I have no idea what s causing this much less how to fix it so the menu is useless to me Any help with these problems would be appreciated Thank you -- tq nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-problems-hard-drive-space-and-oddities-post-battery-replacement.985707/
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried loading windows xp and got a message that:
a components file does not match the verification information in the components manifest. XP will not load. Does any one have a solution?

A:Help! a components file does not match the verification information in the components

See if this thread sheds any light on the situation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-a-components-file-does-not-match-the-verification-information-in-the-components-339324.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I gave my old Athlon XP to my mom I built computer random post; won't seemingly 2 post codes year gives old it myself and it has an Epox RDA motherboard A week ago she said when she turned it on it beeped 2 year old computer won't post; gives seemingly random post codes and nothing came on the screen I had my dad look at it and he said the CPU fan wasn t running This was the fourth or fifth time we had turned it on to troubleshoot it I live miltes away so I m not sure if it stopped running when he was messing with things or if it hadn t been running the whole time Anyway they sent it to me and I ve tried troubleshooting it to no avail When I first 2 year old computer won't post; gives seemingly random post codes turned it on it got to the bootup screen before freezing At this point I noticed the CPU speed was listed as Mhz Now when I turn it on it doesn t show anything on the screen what would cause this a heat issue First I was getting a C error so I tried switching out and trying to each memory stick individually No luck Eventually I ended up with a wide array of post codes including C Detect memory Reserved Program CPU internal MTRR Initialize the APIC Program early chipset Measure CPU speed Invoke video bios Sometimes it would boot up to and then go back down to It seems certain to me that either the CPU or motherboard or PSU has gone bad Is this correct If so how can I find out which one it is so I don t buy the wrong thing Thanks a lot nbsp

A:2 year old computer won't post; gives seemingly random post codes

well.. the best way is to try each single part in a different system to see if they do work or not...

i always use the thought that Electronical Stuff does WORK or NOT... they dont "kinda work"...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-year-old-computer-wont-post-gives-seemingly-random-post-codes.41118/
Relevancy 48.16%

I found some other things that looked interesting for a new gaming computer that i would like to build. I was woundering if all this stuff would work together and if I would need anything else to finish the computer. Your opinions would be great =P thanks alot.

MoBo Bundle On Mwave.com

MoBo - ASUS P4S533 $103.50

CPU - Intel Celeron 1.8ghz $110.25

RAM - 512MB RAM $123.00
----------------------------------------------------

HD - Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM $107 At Newegg.com

Floopy Drive - Sony 1.44MB 3.5 Drive $8 At Newegg.com

Video Card - GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 4 Ti 4200 $143 At Newegg.com

Mid Tower - MAXTOP CSX-147K-GF-USB-GRAY $49 At Newegg.com

CD ROM - Samsung SC152LEB 52X CD-ROM At Newegg.com

thanks

A:New computer components

Anyone want to respond about it??? LOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-components.87805/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was wondering how hot some components should be at maximum temp for regular computer use without causing damage. I installed a new computer case, one that reduces sound, but the ventilation is definitely not the greatest there is. Anyway, I left my computer running idle for about 7 hours and my processors(2) were about 50c and my motherboard temp was at about 53c. I ran a program called Sandra Lite to get the temps, it's says the motherboard shouldn't go above 50c. I need to know if these are too high of temps for this components, or is it acceptable.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I am building and buying a new computer from newegg.com I am pretty sure all my components will work together. I want to be as certain as possible before I order its. Will you guys take a look at the parts im ordering and tell me if they all will work together?
thanks in advance.

Here is the link to my parts.
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=10382305

Relevancy 47.73%

What these symbols behind the Computer components mean. Especially that 20(circled by 2arrows) indicate.
I have same with 10 in my Router.
What those mean. Is there a link where I could get to know all these symbols.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386354-what-these-signs-computer-components-indicate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok I m ready to pull my hair out and scream My desktop began quite some time ago with internet connection issues and I was able to correct them for the most part Chalked the rest up to dial up service Then about a week ago it froze while I was online Upon shutting down and restarting only safe mode would work After several days of running diagnostics and coming up empty I disabled the modem and everything went back to normal I should probably note that I blew the external speakers around the same time for some unknown reason Got new speakers and modem today and installed everything Noticed feedback in the speakers and was trying to figure that out as well as test the internet when started smelling something like melting wires I shut down the system and checked the tower but found nothing Turned back on the system and found that the speakers no longer work I tried them on my portable CD player and got no sound Once again back toall the troubleshooters and diagnostics with no answers to be found Any idea what gives Could it just be a coincedence of bad speakers new out of the box Could there be an underlying problem that I m missing Somebody PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Computer components crashing

What diagnostics did you run? With your limited information sounds like you've got a bad power supply or (less likely) bad motherboard. Is your sound onboard or a PCI card? Are these externally powered speakers or are you driving them directly from your sound card or a port on your comp (some older HPs had an amp in the computer for speakers).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-components-crashing.68234/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I m about to buy a new computer and some things got me wondering is there any reason of buying HDD with MB cashe memory if I get a bit cheaper and larger HDD with MB chase memory what is HDD s chase memory responsible for As I ll buy computer without GPU card I am not a huge fan of games but sometimes I like to play some old ones what kind of chipset should i choose Is there a risk that some of the chipsets wont be able to smoothly play youtube s HD videos This is how far I help for me computer with out Please choosing components my got with choosing computer components Fortron W PFC cm Fan Western Digital GB RPM MB Caviar SE AMD ATHLON II X GHz AM BOX Optiarc DVD- R RW Black Sata x A-Data GB DDR MHz CL Single Stick Chieftec CHIEFTEC MINITOWER M-ATX BLACK and I cant think of what motherboard should i choose any advice will be highly appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Please help me out with choosing components for my computer

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-out-with-choosing-components-for-my-computer.940642/
Relevancy 47.73%

I m not too savvy with hardware What are the things I have to check for compatibility of my components Computer compatibility help? components -ATX mobo with ATX tower - -pin DDR ram cards with -pin DDR mobo -PCIE x for gpu and and PCIE x slots in mobo -SATA cables for the drives need to be compatible with the mobo -How do I figure out how many watts I ll need - V for PSU -am I missing anything else My potential components are listed below I don t know if everything would be compatible Tower Rosewill Blackbone Black Computer components compatibility help? Steel Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Mobo ASUS P Z -V LK LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS GPU ATI - FirePro V GB GDDR PCI Express x Workstation Video Card PSU OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i i i and AMD Phenom CPU Intel Core i - Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I SSD SanDisk SDSSDP- G-G quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD RAM CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMV GX M A C DVD CD Drive LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS - - OEM nbsp

A:Computer components compatibility help?

Hi and welcome to TSG.

When thinking about building your own PC the fist thing you need to decide is 'What is the PC for'? Is it for gaming, internet only, office work, heavy graphics design work etc. I would assume you are not looking at a gaming PC based on your choice of GPU.

Decide what CPU you want and then get a motherboard that supports it, Asus and Gigabyte are good makes.

When you have the found a motherboard, look at that board manufacturers website for tested RAM on the memory support list. Other RAM may well work, but for assured compatibility its good to go with that recommended by the motherboard manufacturer. You have gone for the slowest RAM that board supports (1333), I would look at getting 1600MHz RAM personally. The Memory Support List can be found here.

Power Supply: I use this site : http://extreme.outervision.com/psuc...extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp as a guide for buying a power supply and what I need. Always buy a good quality unit, never go cheap here. Corsair, Seasonic, OCZ, PC Power and Cooling are good makes to name a few, you have chosen a decent one above. I generally look at the wattage it recommends then go up a little from there, this helps ensure the PSU doesn't get pushed to hard and will prolong its life. Working the PSU to about 80% of its rated capacity is a good guide.

Overall, looks like a pertty solid build, only real recommendation from me, personally, would be to boost the RAM speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-components-compatibility-help.1069779/
Relevancy 47.73%

OK so I am going to be building a new computer from scratch components for computer new Solved: with a guy who knows a Solved: components for new computer lot but is very busy The computer will be mainly for gaming I don t want the top of the line stuff because I don t want to spend more than - but I definitely don t want cheap or weak stuff either Basically I would like you guys to help me know if my components are good and all compatible with each other so I can order them and we can build it So please let me know if Anything is incompatible Anything is bad or underpowered There are better options for something but in same price range The following is what i have picked out so far -Intel Core i GHz or Intel Core i k Ghz what is the big difference that i get for both have hyper threading and only Ghz difference i can see -EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX GB - GB RAM probably Kingston hyper ddr - GB samsung SSD quot SATA III - - GB Western Digital HDD RPM SATA III -ASUS X DVD-RW SATA -Asus VE H quot Full HD HDMI LED Back-light LCD Monitor w Speakers Model VE H The following are things i know i still need -Motherboard preferably one that has slots for gfx cards so i can add another one later -Power Supply -Sound card i have no clue here -Network card i hear Intel is good -Fan s -Case anything else i need Thanks for all your help Sorry it is so much at one time nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I m going to build a gaming PC I m having trouble figuring out how to choose the components I m mostly having trouble components? Building how computer, to choose with the processor and graphics card My problem is choosing from the hundreds out there Money shouldn t be a problem unless I bring it Building computer, how to choose components? up I want an NVIDIA graphics card but I have a hard time figuring out what the difference between them all is And is which one is newest a good way to figure it out The processor is easier I want Intel I think i But there is still a lot Building computer, how to choose components? of i s out there For RAM I m not sure what company but I m thinking GB or more And I have never figured this out There are -bit operating systems and you can only use over GB of RAM if you have a -bit operating system or hardware Is it the operating system or the hardware that needs to be -bit And is there any hardware that s -bit and what -bit hardware do you need to use over GB of RAM And are -bit operating systems hardware compatible with -bit operating systems other hardware Is it a good idea to make sure I get all of it -bit And will -bit programs run on -bit hardware and will it use over GB of RAM nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought freezing new with Computer frequently components a bunch of new components for my Computer frequently freezing with new components computer CPU RAM Motherboard put them together and did a fresh re-installation of Windows XP However I ve come across some problems almost immediately the computer will either freeze or randomly restart itself Computer frequently freezing with new components every minutes or so I monitored the CPU temp It s running at around - C idle and - C under heavy load Seems like that s a little bit too cold I was considering slowing the fan speeds to see if that stopped the crashes but I decided not to go and mess around with that yet I haven t changed anything in the BIOS I m not using any over-clocking and I already installed all the drivers that came with the motherboard One of the times that it randomly restarted itself it had came up with an error saying quot A Hypertransport Sync Flood Error occured on the last boot quot That only happened once though Browsing through the internet I discovered that the likely cause of that error is insufficient voltage going to the RAM My RAM only requires V to run I left it as Auto in the BIOS Here are the hardware components I ve just installed Motherboard - quot MSI GM-E AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard quot RAM - quot CORSAIR XMS DHX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TW X G C DHX quot CPU - quot AMD Athlon II X Rana GHz x KB L Cache Socket AM W Triple-Core Desktop Processor quot So any thoughts on what might be the cause of the frequent freezing restarting nbsp

A:Computer frequently freezing with new components

Does the Auto set it at 1.5v? Go ahead and manually set your RAM to 1.5v because too often Auto doesn't necessarily set the voltage at the designed voltage specs for the memory.

Also, what is the make and wattage of your PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-frequently-freezing-with-new-components.147718/
Relevancy 47.3%

Started hours ago having downloaded a few things now deleted If i try to run my ocmputer it crashes the desktop no icons usable doesnt load my computer and makes the startbar unuseable Any open programs continue to function - sparodically - lots of crashes Have run different antiviruses different spyware programs picked up a few bits and bobs but nothing serious and nothing that has fixed it Ive come to a dead end im afraid so if anyones got any ideas my first feeling was AceBoT as i components.. windows Computer/Explorer/Most My had a Dr Watsons Postmorton error when it First started only happened once but i havenmt found any evidence for AceBot or any other virus that i can find Find below my latest HJijackthis report ive run through it myself with my limit ed knowledge and see nothing wondering if any of you guys havea ny idea Thanks in advance any help is much appreicated before i do a full format Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files ATI Technologies My Computer/Explorer/Most windows components.. ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Roxio Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon My Computer/Explorer/Most windows components.. exe C WINDOWS HCWemMON exe C Program Files My Computer/Explorer/Most windows components.. Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI HYDRAVISION HydraDM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI HYDRAVISION HydraMD exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Logitech MediaLife MediaLifeService exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMon exe C PROGRA VISION ONETOU EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMonTaskbar exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS system BMUpdate exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files WinTV Ir exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant ezi hnm exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C Program Files Dell Network Assistant ezi hnm exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files BUFFALO HDManage HDManage exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Shared RoxioUpnpService exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxLiveShare exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility Volum... Read more

A:My Computer/Explorer/Most windows components..

Just giving a lil bump to stop it disappearing over teh weekend (first time ive used this site so dont know how busy you guysget ) but any repsonse when ever it come sis much appreciated, thanks ina dvance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-explorer-most-windows-components.618360/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have the PSU plugged in and on, I hear it buzzing a little and right when I hit the power button on the tower, lights flash and the CPU spins for a split second then there's no signs of power and if I hit the power again nothing happens. I got a new video card, new PSU and a new motherboard. I've tested the video card and PSU on another computer and they work. I installed all of this on my old motherboard, the same problem happened so I thought maybe my motherboard was fried so I bought a new one. The same problem persists. I also used another CPU and still the same problem happens. I don't know what else it could be, any help would be VERY appreciated.

PSU: Lepa N500-SA
CPU: FX-6000 Series
Motherboard: msi 970A-G43 Plus
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950
HDD: SATA II 7200RPM 500gb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-turning-on-after-putting-in-new-components.1170826/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi i've got my economy into place and things are working out for me right now i have upgraded m desktop with a Be quiet pure power l W with A on the v rail v and A on the second rail it is more than enough to power the GTX from asus i got for chrismas I warm/hot load under components even Computer no very get also changed out the chassi fan to a fractal design silent series Computer components get very warm/hot even under no load mm fan Computer components get very warm/hot even under no load i got an adapter to get it to V becouse my motherboard bearly gives out V and thats not enough But the box says it should give max dB and my fan is giving a lot more than that so i put it down to V becouse it was too loud i modified the case a bit and put the MM fan i was going to put on my cpu but if i remove the fan from the motherboard and use an exernal power source the computer will freak out becouse the cpu fan is quot broken quot or removed so the computer will shut down so i put the fan in the front of the case i now got a fair amount of airflow but its not enough the power supply gets very hot to the touch and the gou well it gets hot but it is like it should its even factory oc'd so yeah it will run somewhat hot the case is very small and the airflow to the psu and gpu fans are poor I will get the Fractal design r case for my birthday but if this situation is critical i will buy it like now and get Computer components get very warm/hot even under no load a TB SSHD for my birthday in febuary I just got skyrim too so i will put a lot of stress on the computer is this a bad thing to do becouse of how hot the psu gets

A:Computer components get very warm/hot even under no load

Is it possible that you have your fans drawing air out of the case & insufficient air can get into the case to replace that air. Normally the PSU fan takes air out of the case, so just check that your other fan is blowing air into the case. This should give a good air flow through the case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/316318-computer-components-get-very-warm-hot-even-under-no-load.html
Relevancy 47.3%

o i need help for choosing some components this pc will be mainly used for gaming and also some video editing Processor i - i - i - k cooler Antec Kuhler H O CPU Water Cooler CORSAIR Hydro Series H High Performance computer gaming choosing help components Need corsairH Antec Kuhler H O graphic card HD GB OC GDDR SAPPHIRE SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X HD GB GDDR OC with Boost motherboard ASRock Z Extreme ATX LGA Motherboard ram x G skill Sniper Series GB x GB DDR G skill Ripjaws-X GB x GB DDR CL v G SKILL Trident X Series GB x GB DDR hard disk Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive ssd os Kingston SSDNow V Need help choosing gaming computer components Series GB Need help choosing gaming computer components quot Solid State Disk or Intel Series Maple Crest GB SATA Gb s inch Solid-State case Thermaltake VO M W N Black ATX Full Tower Case powersupply SeaSonic M II Bronze W PLUS PSU SeaSonic ECO W PSU monitor ASUS VS Series VS H inch MS LED Monitor Samsung S A D Hz quot operatingsys window home premium opticaldrive Liteon iHOS - X Blu-ray ROM DVDRW Drive Pioneer BDR-S XLT X Blu-ray Writer Drive i know i have to chose k as it is the only cpu the can be oc from those i am getting liquid cooling and i will stay with case fans because the seems enough for graphic card so which one i choose from all that both monitors are on discount for so please tell me which one i choose and why also give me a rate on my gaming rig also tell me how much fps will i get on bf crysis and far cry the vapor version of graphic card comes with hitman bioshock infinite far cry and crysis the sdd will break the budget do you think it is worse it also will the liquid cooling fit my case nbsp

A:Need help choosing gaming computer components

i would up the psu to a seasonic 750w

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181017

i see some of the gamers prefer this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-choosing-gaming-computer-components.1096946/
Relevancy 47.3%

I plan on starting to sell computers, but I want to ensure that the system is running optimally and unproblematic before I ship it accross the country. Problematic computers may cause even more problems when shipped back due to improper re-packing, which would be incredible costs to take care of. I want to use every ounce of prevention possible.

I've heard of some stress-testing programs that make the computer run all processes at nearly 100% for hours to see how the computer does. I also plan on using memtest86 in my tests.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about this and any programs they'd recommend.

Thank you!

A:Testing and Stressing Computer Components

well, for the memory it's got to be memtest86

For the CPU, simply a number crunching program such as Seti or the climate change experiment will do.

Or you could even simply use PCmark.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/testing-and-stressing-computer-components.48346/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Guys,

Any idea about my Question.

What is the function or purpose of Thermal Heat Sensor?

Relevancy 47.3%

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811208008 ( XION II XON-103 Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Retail )

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813127236 ( ABIT KN9 SLI Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail )

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814130017 ( eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX Geforce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail )

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16819103733 ( AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+(65W) Windsor 2.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO3800CUBOX - Retail )

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145566 (CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X1024A-6400 - Retail )

A:will these components be good for a gaming-ish computer ?

Those should be fine for gaming. However, for your CPU I would change to a AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane. That CPU is faster dispite the slower clock speed. Not to mention it overclocks better and and runs cooler. And if possible upgrade to the eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GS KO 256MB.

Another note: Don't use the power supply that comes with that case, buy one seperate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-these-components-be-good-for-a-gaming-ish-computer.78711/
Relevancy 47.3%

This is just meant as a healthy discussion among us members of sevenforums Lately and not only here I've seen hundreds of people who showcase their selected parts list for their shiny new computer they will be proudly building as soon as they get the money to buy all those new glistening parts However and this is mostly a pet peeve of mine It upsets me when builders opt in for an incredibly high performance processor video card ram are Which components build? a often in new overlooked computer SDD HDD Fans and water cooling from the most recognized brands and they select a John Doe power supply claiming to Which components are often overlooked in a new computer build? deliver watts and amps in Which components are often overlooked in a new computer build? the v rails Think of it this way what is the point of having such fancy accessories when your engine will not be able to power all of them properly Or even worse damage them beyond repair Same with motherboards They select the cheapest one they can find to save money but people are saving money in parts they should invest the most in Again what is the point of having all that power if your chassis is weak Too much power and you might break it and end there crying with pieces all around you It seems to me that individuals nowadays take light importance of components that do not seem as interesting because they are the ''computery parts'' they don't really understand the function of So tell me Sevenforums what pc components to you often see overlooked in new builds and what do you think could be the reason

A:Which components are often overlooked in a new computer build?

As soon as I saw the post title I thought PSU! You covered that too and I agree they do cheap-out for the heart of the machine that makes it all work and wonder why they have a black screen with a cursor.
The second thing is not getting a quality CPU cooler to help keep that 4.9GHz overclock cool and stable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272139-components-often-overlooked-new-computer-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently had to replace the boot drive c on my Biostar K M AM mobo with an Athlon X cpu quot home built computer The failed boot drive was a Maxtor ATA IDE drive My data drive e was is a Seagate SATA GB Worked fine for years prior to drive crash When the drive was showing signs of failure I moved the quot My Documents quot folder to the e SATA drive In quot My Documents quot there are thousands of files in folders which include photos and mp 's and other misc stuff I replaced the failed drive with a Hitachi SATA GB that I installed re-installed the OS XP SP on Because the new drive came with a cable connector with a degree angle for accessibilty I moved the old Sata to an un-used mobo connection and hooked up the Drive" Woes "Boot Post Replacement new drive where the old SATA was Hope that's not too confusing On installation the new Hitachi became the e drive and boots from that The older SATA drive which was the e drive became the c drive Everything works fine until I try to access the My Documents folder on the c drive If I try to access either the folder containing my mp 's or the folder containing all my photos the screen freezes computer locks up Cannot move mouse or navigate from current screen Neither escape or ctr alt delete works Only thing that works is a reboot Usually chkdisk will run on reboot but not always Funny thing is I can drag or move files not contained in folders Post "Boot Drive" Replacement Woes and have moved some folders that didn't have much in them It seems to be only the folders Post "Boot Drive" Replacement Woes with alot of files in them Might be a coincidence don't know Am at a lost what to try next hope someone can help me

A:Post "Boot Drive" Replacement Woes

SUPLEMENTAL: Also, forgot to mention, both drives now appear in the notification area, which I have researched and appears might be normal. But the c: SATA drive drops out intermittently from the "safely remove hardware: notification. It disappears and comes right back every now and then. Don't know if this is related to other problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/post-boot-drive-replacement-woes-601935.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys I guess I m back somehow I ve been missing in action from the computer scene for a good deal of time now I m thinking about getting a job at Fry s Best Buy Circuit City etc but in the computer department I went MIA from the computer scene around when we started getting the AMD or so and when the Radeon XT s started coming out So what a computer of components over period Progression of time I m trying to find out is what Progression of computer components over a period of time new technologies have been introduced since then What are the newer and hotter video cards mobos processors and even audio devices out on the market and perhaps which are better performing if at all not benchmarks but for example a P gt Celeron I see all these new video cards and processors and it just makes my head spin If anyone could just list what s come out since then and the new cards out and any new technology that d be very sweet I d appreciate it Appologizies if in the wrong forum I tried to fit it best nbsp

A:Progression of computer components over a period of time

i cant believe i dissed Intels

Well first off, i guess i should introduce myself...so hello

I think some technologies that are big now...

SLi-Nivida dual card tech (think PCI express) ..and ATI's answer to it (crossfire?)
Dual Core CPUS (plus the fact that the prescott core is terrible)
SATA drives (3g is the newest that is)

and o yea..blue neon lights..just kidding

sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/progression-of-computer-components-over-a-period-of-time.35174/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am posting a similar thread about this same problem but it's on a different computer so please do not disregard this as a duplicate thread I need two separate responses Thanks Hello I am running Windows XP and although my computer has always had weird problems I didn't run any type of scan until last night and discovered that there was a serious problem PestPatrol found the following Ursnif-related files on my computer File c windows exeFile c windows hide evr sysKey hkey current user software microsoft windows currentversion runKey hkey local machine system currentcontrolset enum root legacy hide evr Key hkey local machine system currentcontrolset services hide evr I don't have the full version of PestPatrol so I couldn't use that to deal with the problem Instead I did everything in the preparation guide and then re-ran Ursnif With (hide_evr2.sys) Computer Components Infected a PestPatrol scan This time there was one of the five above components was still showing up Key hkey local machine system currentcontrolset enum root legacy hide evr What should I do at this point Thanks in advance -----------------------------------------------Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamSvc exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus PsCtrls exeC Program Computer Infected With Ursnif (hide_evr2.sys) Components Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus pavsrv exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus AVENGINE EXEC Program Files Computer Infected With Ursnif (hide_evr2.sys) Components Panda Software Panda Antivirus PsImSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exeC WINDOWS vVX exeC Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exeC Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware PPActiveDetection exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Antivirus APVXDWIN EXEC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exec program files panda software panda antivirus WebProxy exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager SkypePM exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www inboxdollars com members p cash surveysR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www netpede com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www netpede com O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dllO - BHO Computer Infected With Ursnif (hide_evr2.sys) Components Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -... Read more

A:Computer Infected With Ursnif (hide_evr2.sys) Components

Hello strinh808 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I don't see anything in te log but this is a rootkit which can hide itself. It also steals passwords so at this point I would not use this machine for any secure computing that requires passwords (on-line accounts of any kind).Let's try a different scanner and see what we find. Download WinPFind3u.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named WinPFind3u on your desktop.Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Open the WinPFind3u folder and double-click on WinPFind3U.exe to start the program.Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.Let it run unhindered until it finishes.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Use the Add Reply button and Copy/Paste the information back here. I will review it when it comes in. If, after posting, the last line is not < End of Report > then the log is too big to fit into a single post and you will need to split it into multiple posts.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84562/computer-infected-with-ursnif-hide-evr2sys-components/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys , do you know where i can find a website that has the prices and computer components in Canadian dollars? basically a Canadian based computer component website?

thanks in advance

A:Canadian website for computer components and prices?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canadian-website-for-computer-components-and-prices.534909/
Relevancy 46.87%

is it a reliable website/program?
HWM BlackBox | slogan

A:Utility for details on the core components of your computer

Looks interesting. I'll give it a go later, but from what I see from the website there shouldn't be any problem. Of course, when I download it I'll scan it prior to running just in case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/165520-utility-details-core-components-your-computer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have chosen the following to build my computer im going to be gaming allot hense the better video card But if there is ANYTHING in this list that is overpriced and better can be had for cheaper let me know please it s appreciated so far I have come up with the following and im pretty confident in it all except the mother board the reason being selected Computer...check Building components out please... my is there is not many reviews on it and im hoping it will be good with my selected components thanks CPU - Intel Pentium BGHz K MHz CPU Northwood P Hard Drive Building Computer...check out my selected components please... - Western Digital quot Special Edition quot GB RPM Eide Hard Drive Model WD JB Motherboard - ASUS P Building Computer...check out my selected components please... PE L Motherboard for Intel P Ram - Crucial Micron MB x PC DDR RAM Video Card - LEADTEK Geforce TI M TV DVI AGP Video Card Sound Card - Voyetra Turtle Beach Santa Cruz PS I know I have not chosen the case cd drive floppy and power supply that s next nbsp

A:Building Computer...check out my selected components please...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-computer-check-out-my-selected-components-please.119836/
Relevancy 46.87%

My GF s computer has been running VERY slow and picks and chooses which programs it wants to run and how fast etc Upon start up she gets the errors RUNDLL Error loading C Windows system yxviidfs dll AND SVCROOT exe Windows cannot find quot svcroot exe quot After i hit OK for both errors things seem fine until you start surfing in IE and then things start to bog down and freeze up A while back i tried to DL and install firefox but it was giving me errors up the whazoo so i stopped trying She had limewire installed which i promptly uninstalled i ran Hijackthis and here is the readout Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc missing slow, some Computer running VERY components?? exe C Computer running VERY slow, missing some components?? WINDOWS Explorer exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe svcroot exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe ntsvc dll C WINDOWS system ntos exe O - Hosts idenupdate motorola com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - -B D - F-BE -B AB B - C WINDOWS system pmkjg dll file missing O - BHO RabioBHO - C E D -A C- D - DD- C D - C Program Files Rabio Rabio dll file missing O - BHO no name - D C - - C- D -C A EF - C Program Files Windows NT hokesocu dll file missing O - BHO OIN Analytics - B E -F - - C - E F F - C Program Files OINAnalytics OINAnalytics dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO - DCA F - C - A -F A - C CD BF B - C Program Files Common Files lavu dll file missing O - BHO no name - F -CCD - E -AC - F E F - C WINDOWS system ssqqomm dll file missing O - BHO no name - B -BFD - D- BD -EFABDF EB - C WINDOWS system gypt dll file missing O - BHO no name - C E C-BDE - de -BB - CAA FDC - C WINDOWS system flixxrls dll file missing O - BHO no name - CFCF - D - A -AD C- F D C E E - O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - BHO no name - F A - AF- -AC E- A CF DB - C WINDOWS system tgsq dll file missing O - HKLM Run SystemOptimizer rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system yxviidfs dll quot forkonce O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program File... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-very-slow-missing-some-components.818901/
Relevancy 46.44%

What is the Function/Purpose of this Components of the Computer Motherboard?

1. Thermal Heat Sensor
2. IDE Headers
3. Expansion Slot
4. Video Card Slot
5. VGA Port
6. Serial Port
7. Parallel Port
8. Memory Cards (ddr 2 or ddr 3)
9. Memory Banks/slot
10. Microprocessor/CPU
11. CD-Rom
12. DVD-Rom

Advance Thankful for those who answer it.

A:What is the Function/Purpose of Components/Parts of the Computer Motherboard?

see your other post http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1120505-computer-motherboard-components.html
closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-function-purpose-of-components-parts-of-the-computer-motherboard.1120560/
Relevancy 46.44%

Alright I want to buy this computer And I want to put this video card inside of it Problem is I think the computer only comes with a a Buying computer, along need new several with some components, info/double-checking w power supply and I need at least for that card People tell me w is Buying a new computer, along with several components, need some info/double-checking probably safer So I m thinking that I will buy this power supply While I m at it I m planning to purchase this RAM to kick it up to gb Now this is a little different from any of the minor upgrades and repairs I ve done in the Buying a new computer, along with several components, need some info/double-checking past so I m a little worried about this I don t want to throw away my money on something I can t even use So if I buy those things will everything be in order There are no incompatibilities there everything will have a connector all the power it needs room in the case adequate cooling etc right As far as anyone can tell will there be any problems with doing all this Also I m not planning to upgrade my monitor It connects to my current PC via VGA The video card I ve picked however is only sporting two DVI ports Fortunately it comes packed with DVI to VGA adapters Now will that be the only equipment I ll need to connect my monitor to my video card and are there any known issues or performance hits associated with using an adapter like that I ll be running at x refresh rate if that helps any Thanks for any help EDIT I also have another question On my current Windows XP system I installed an extra HDD NTFS format If this is wrong and stupid forgive me but as far as I can tell none of the Windows XP files are present on it that stuff is all on disc The only stuff on disc is stuff like games and music and such stuff I m not really looking forward to moving over I was wondering if I were to hook this HDD up into my Vista system would it automatically recognize it and all the files on it or would that be a bad idea nbsp

A:Buying a new computer, along with several components, need some info/double-checking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-computer-along-with-several-components-need-some-info-double-checking.583371/
Relevancy 46.44%

So I ve been reading a lot of posts lately about people asking about upgrading I ve decided to make a small guide that may help people choosing components It s also written for people not sure what pc to choose but also as an indication of what to upgrade The most important your components in guide Small to computer choosing/upgrading question what do you want to use your pc for Just as a desktop for a bit of word processing and be done with it Or do you want to have the latest gaming rig that can Small guide to choosing/upgrading components in your computer handle any game at max detail max AA etc I m going to go into further detail for a few sorts of pc s The Word Processor If you just want to do some typing documents on your pc read some email browse on the internet a Small guide to choosing/upgrading components in your computer bit the word processor is perfect for you You don t need the latest core extreme to do this stuff on Basically almost any processor is fine However with windows Vista coming up I assume a lot of people will be upgrading to it Therefore the minimum system requirements quoted from microsoft com A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least A modern processor at least MHz MB of system memory A graphics processor that is DirectX capable Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs Some Windows Vista Capable PCs have been designated Premium Ready These PCs will provide an even better Windows Vista experience including the Windows Aero user experience Features available in specific premium editions of Windows Vista such as the ability to watch and record live TV may require additional hardware A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least GHz -bit x or -bit x processor GB of system memory Support for DirectX graphics with a WDDM driver MB of graphics memory minimum Pixel Shader and bits per pixel GB of hard drive capacity with GB free space I d go for at least GB DVD-ROM Drive Audio output capability Internet access capability Now looking at the above a ghz processor would be enough However as far as I m concerned I d buy something a bit better But with Vista it really depends on what you want If you don t need the good looking Aero interface the system stated above is more than enough And if you do want the interface the above is enough but I m not sure how fast it will run I would recommend a faster processor but any modern new processor is faster than ghz so that s not really a problem so when upgrading your work pc and you need a new processor almost any processor will do If you want to upgrade a motherboard you shouldn t go for the most expensive one on the market Just make sure it fits the other components you still have like RAM graphics card etc The Media center The media center pc will require a bit more high end parts but still nothing really fancy A A media center pc will be used to watch maybe record movies on listen to music probably also to watch tv on It s the storage for one s movie and music collection and therefore needs quite a large hard drive Now it really depends on how many movies and music you want to store on it because I ve never seen someone with more than GB of music The things that will really cost you space are the movies I d say about - GB But again it really depends on how many movies you want to store If you Hard drive is full you can always add another one later If you want to change the function of a pc you already have or you want to also upgrade to windows vista on your media center I d say you can go over the specifications listed above GB of RAM should still be enough but you might want to consider expanding it a bit Also please bear in mind that windows media center works fine The mid range gaming pc It s all about budget The mid range gaming pc usually has - gb ram these days At the moment a graphics card like the nvidia geforce GT is a good choice it s not too expensive and you can upgrade it when you want to if your budget allows it a geforce gt are very nice but you re a... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-guide-to-choosing-upgrading-components-in-your-computer.70140/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am often frustrated with computers so I took a hardware software course where we learn to add new components and learn how they work Well I find the teaching style used Test much components without computer Help! hardware Wednesday! to on success Trying by the teacher doesn t work for me I am Help! Test on Wednesday! Trying to computer hardware components without much success looking for simple easy to understand definitions of how to tell me what port is what on any computer I want to know how to tell a printer port Help! Test on Wednesday! Trying to computer hardware components without much success from a serial port from a parallel port and so on I am pretty sure I know a few of these ports but need help with some Also I also need to know how to tell motherboard components from each other I have a website from the course that has a diagram of each component or port that I need to know Can anyone help me to learn how to identify them or at least just identify them so I can learn this stuff The website is http www nmos net Once there you just look at the list on the right hand side and go to quot What is this quot and Help! Test on Wednesday! Trying to computer hardware components without much success there are pics of all the components I think I know many but there are many I m not sure about or have no idea about Can anyone help me please I have a test on this on Wednesday the th so any speedy help is greatly appreciated My ICQ number is or my e-mail if not listed here is email protected Thanks Hope someone can help Streaker nbsp

A:Help! Test on Wednesday! Trying to computer hardware components without much success

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-test-on-wednesday-trying-to-computer-hardware-components-without-much-success.54056/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello again I have a couple of questions First I have a Gateway FX desktop which I purchased in Having a yr in home warranty I had Gateway replace both of my optical drives because they computer Getting replacement were not opening without a fight They sent both drives out one being a DVD and the other a re-write write It seems this computer is discontinued and they no longer can get the re-write drive Being this computer has a curved bezel or front another drive won t do After some going back and forth they agreed to replace it I finally agreed on a model brand new which is an FX - Looks like it is more powerful larger hard drive gig memory compared to my gig This unit takes an optional pull out hard drive that fits in a drawer I can t seem to find just what type of hard drive to purchase so I am hoping someone can help me out with maybe where to get it I would like a - gig drive for backups Maybe it is what they call a hot swappable drive Also I just upgraded to win on my old machine like weeks ago and will put it in the new one that has Vista bit installed Will I be able to install win again without a hassle I also have purchased Microsoft Office with Excel Word Outllook and Powerpoint I have already needed to call Microsoft saying I only downloaded it Getting replacement computer times Will this be an issue as well And Getting replacement computer lastly I will need to get a TV tuner card as the new one doesn t come with it Maybe some help there as well I will call Gateway tomorrow and ask if I can take the tuner card out of the old one and hopefully they will say yes I would like to add that I am really happy with windows and I think they got it right this time Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274227/getting-replacement-computer/
Relevancy 42.57%

OK I got a new Lenovo Yoga 900 80MK0010US model. They replaced it and the replacement has issues so they are willing to replace with model 80UE003AUS.

Since I'm not a tech person and this was just a gift from someone who bought me the laptop.
I am told replacement is better than what I have.

Here is differences that I see on spec sheets:
Processor from I7-6500U (2C, 2.5/3.1GHz, 4MB, 1600 MHz) To I7-6560U (2C, 2.2/3.2GHz, 4MB, 1866MHZ)

Storage from 512GB SATA SSD To 512GB PCIe SSD.

Nothing else different.

While my sons do gaming, we just use windows based products and quickbooks. Im sure its fine just want to make sure it is better

Thanks

A:Replacement Computer

It does appear the new notebook is nicer - at least on paper. The normal CPU speed is a bit slower, but when tasked, it will boost to a higher "turbo" speed - though .1GHz is not likely to be noticeable. The RAM is faster though not sure that will be noticeable either. Generally more RAM gives a bigger bang than faster RAM. PCIe SSDs do tend to offer faster performance than SATA SSDs. But SATA SSDs are already extremely fast - especially compared to even the fastest hard drives. So again, not sure you would notice the differences. Altogether, however, on some tasks, there may be a noticeable performance gain. But still, whoever told you the replacement is better was telling the truth.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/replacement-computer.304219/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys I got Computer Replacement, choose. help me my computer from PC World last Computer Replacement, help me choose. year and it stopped working the other day so I took it back to them and they offered me a replacement I'm not really a hardware person but if you guys could help me decide if the following PC is going to be good better than my old one My faulty PC Specs are in my profile PC specs of offered replacement Packard Bell iXtreme I uk full details on the PC --- gt Information and Instructions - IXTREME I UK - PT U X - iXtreme - platform ixtreme - Desktop GB hard drive GB NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics DVD Rewriter x USB ports Intel Core i processor GHz MB Cache GB memory Bulldog Plus Motherboard more about the mobo http support packardbell com uk it n PT U X The thing that's pulling me away from that PC is the motherboard I've never heard of the make and I don't want my motherboard to fry again As for the power supply and graphics I already have an w PSU and a GTX ready I will be using the PC to play the latest games word processing and surfing the web So do you think I should go for the replacement or not All replies appreciated

A:Computer Replacement, help me choose.

Get a refund and a build a better PC - that graphics card is rubbish and laptops have bigger hard drives. What about the PSU? Is it 80+ Certified Bronze? As for the motherboard it might be propietrary - stick with name brands like Gigabyte.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/53732-computer-replacement-help-me-choose.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am looking for a new case and PSU for my current computer and my next computer after I upgrade -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current System Spec -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC case and a PSU computer Looking replacement for mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb Asus Xonar DX soundcard Windows x Jeantech W PSU Operating system is on TB drive two TB data Looking for a replacement PSU and computer case drives one GB drive all sata drives -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I will be replacing the budget case I currently use and the quot Jeantech W PSU quot After a lot of research the best candidates in my opinion Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Corsair W HX modular PSU My concerns are whether these will be suitable for use after I upgrade I will be investing on my next CPU motherboard RAM GPU and will be upgrading to whatever offers the best price performance I could upgrade now but have been advised to wait for the next generation of hardware to hit which should spawn some bargains on the current top hardware Considering my budget I do not want to overlook a quality case and PSU The Coolermaster CM II Advanced offers versatility with modular drive bays and the like I don t know whether W will be enough though To note I don t think I ll run a multi-GPU setup it just seems like a major headache I am more likely to buy a dual core GPU if it is worth it Case fans are something I have always overlooked in the past I have read some things about where to position fans in a case for optimal airflow Now I need to figure out which fans I should get To quote from the specification Air cooling support for up to fans with support for up to x mm fans x Case Fans are included - Front mm Blue LED Fan Top mm Fan and rear mm Fan Will I need anything else Are there better options I can replace these with Thank you very much for any suggestions nbsp

A:Looking for a replacement PSU and computer case

Excellent picks. Both of them should do fine for all your future upgrades.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-replacement-psu-and-computer-case.161649/
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer is 4 years old. Does the battery need replacing? What happens if I just let it go?
Can I replace it myself or should I take it into a shop?

Thanks for the help

Relevancy 41.28%

i just replaced my Pentium D 3.6ghz for a Core 2 Duo 2.2 because of power and heat issues with the D processor. install went fine, no issues (card installed correctly,) computer comes up with all the lights on and the heatsink fan is on, but the monitor remains blank and i dont hear the hard drive spinning. any ideas as to what it could be?

thanks.

Relevancy 41.28%

I am looking to renew my desktop PC and also my laptop computer but am working to a tight budget a Choosing computer replacement system I am looking for a bargain while at the same time trying to Choosing a replacement computer system remain conscious of the fact that I d like to replace the equipment I am currently using with machines of a better spec My current desktop is a Patriot running Windows XP Home with SP with an Intel Choosing a replacement computer system Pentium processor GHz gb DDR GB HDD x DVD - R RW double layer and Integrated SIS Mirage graphics This machine is roughly years old My current laptop is an Aries Watford Electronics Green running Windows XP Home SP with an Intel Choosing a replacement computer system Pentium GHz MB GB HDD CDRW DVDROM This machine is roughly years old I do not intend to use either machine for serious gaming but would like to be able to play dvds without the picture being choppy Mostly I shall use the machines for compiling web pages uploading downloading webpages running applications such as Topstyle Pro Dreamweaver Photoshop Flash etc I do tend to keep quite a few applications on the go at the same time whilst looking at the web etc Sometimes my old machines tend to struggle with this amount of expectation with the end result being that they can run painfully slow As desktops replacements I have been looking at the following machines http www ebay co uk itm ssPageName STRK MEWAX IT amp trksid p m l http cgi ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp item As laptop replacement http www ebay co uk itm Can anyone tell me whether they have personal experience of these machines whether they are considered good bad or indifferent and whether they would be considered better faster then my current machines I realise that I am not exactly reaching for the sky when it comes to the desktops I have given as examples and perhaps I would be advised to venture a little higher in price but as I mentioned earlier my budget is limited Can anyone suggest a better spec of machine at a great price I also remain unclear as to how dual core processors stack up against the Pentium and whether in a dual core I would be getting something akin to the old Celeron processor which is slower and not really what I am looking for Also is an AMD processor better than a Pentium or dual core Can anyone please offer any guidance I have looked around quite a bit and have tried Ebuyer PC World and various others but wasn t really blown away by anything they had in my price range - which wasn t much Any genuine help and advice gratefully received nbsp

A:Choosing a replacement computer system

Hi,
As you're in the UK, may I suggest Which? as a good source of reliable unbiased reviews to supplement comments from TSG members?
In case you don't know about Which? (quote) " ... we are now the largest consumer body in the UK, with over 617,000 members that subscribe to our magazine, and over 254,000 online subscribers* - and this is constantly growing." http://www.which.co.uk/about-which/who-we-are/overview/

If you want to read individual product reviews there's a one-off charge of 1 per review.
Laptop reviews http://www.which.co.uk/technology/computing/reviews/laptops/
All in one PC reviews http://www.which.co.uk/technology/computing/reviews/all-in-one-pcs/

This page though is free & rates desktop brands http://www.which.co.uk/technology/computing/reviews-ns/desktop-pcs/best-buys/

I've no connection to Which? I'm just suggesting a source of info.

Hope this helps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-a-replacement-computer-system.1095385/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was thinking of eventually replacing the mobo in my computer, the current dimensions are 9.6 by 9.6 and I found an amazing mobo that I might consider getting that would def. fit my new graphics card, the only problem is, those specs are 9.6 by 12, My question is would it still fit?

A:Motherboard replacement in an m8400f hp computer

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4459418&CatId=3495

There is the motherboard i might want to replace with if it fits

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-replacement-in-an-m8400f-hp-computer.131431/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi all ,

i have a desktop

i changed my broken case to a new case like

i removed the HDD and the motherboard and the CD-rom ..etc and installed them to a new case

but when i press the switch button it works normally , and the screen display normally and there are no beeps , but after like 20 second my computer turns off automatically ! ,

what may cause this issue ?

A:i replaced all of my computer components from my broken case to other case

could be overheating CPU. Did you apply fresh Thermal paste to the HSF after reinstalling the motherboard? Is it tight and secure? Did you blow out all the dirt, dust and debris from the fans' fins?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-replaced-all-of-my-computer-components-from-my-broken-case-to-other-case.1104273/
Relevancy 40.85%

Recently I replaced the power supply in Computer supply booting not replacement. after up power my computer and then my computer refused to bootup When I try to bootup my computer just turns on and nothing else My monitor screen doesn t even get a picture which I m assuming means that it isn t getting a quot signal quot The monitor remains black with nothing ever showing up not even the text during the bootup screens Computer not booting up after power supply replacement. and the little light on a monitor that indicates that it is quot on quot just flashes like they do when you shut off your computer and forget to turn off your monitor So I replaced the video card with a spare one Same problem I ve used a different monitor Same problem And I have also used a different harddrive But as you guessed it Same problem I ve reseated all my Ram the CPU and all of the ribbon connections about times to ensure they did not come loose during the power supply change Still nothing As a last resort I reinstalled my old power supply system which was working but old and NOISY and it never helped Any suggestions I m at my wits end Thanks for any assistance I need an adult drink nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I wasn t sure if this should be under quot Other Software quot or quot Vista quot After days trying to restore my daughter s computer I have finally been able to use Macrium Reflect software to replace an image of her OS drive I made when I first set it up for her Now I can t get it to boot It opens the Acer splash screen then goes black and there is white type across the top saying quot Verifying DMI Pool Data Update Success quot then a blinking curser at the end and nothing more It s an Acer M computer that came with Vista It recently refused to boot after her yr old son used it and I couldn t get it up and running again It didn t Computer won't replacement image Solved: after boot seem to have any restore points Not Solved: Computer won't boot after image replacement sure why as it was setting them when I gave it to her last spring I can t think of any more info that might be usefull to you I would appreciate any suggestions Thanks Peg nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I ll try to be as specific as possible I recently bought a new motherboard and processor motherboard/processor Computer - not turning replacement on as an upgrade to what I previously had everything was working no problem beforehand and I went through all the usual precautions when installing each part anti static wristband etc etc etc I put it all together applied my Arctic Silver thermal compound to my processor exactly as it said to do on their website secured everything in place with screws plugged in the quot replacement motherboard/processor - Computer not turning on POWER SW quot quot H D D LED quot quot RESET SW quot and quot POWER LED and - quot parts exactly where it said to plug them in on the motherboard double checked everything to make sure it was in the right places and they were I plugged the power cable into the power supply made sure it was switched on and pressed the power button on the front of the case but nothing there s no interior LED on the replacement motherboard/processor - Computer not turning on motherboard to inform me of an error there s no activity whatsoever I checked everything again to make sure it was all in the right place and it was took everything out and re-plugged everything in but the same issue occured Is there any way to find out what could be causing this issue or to resolve it Computer Spec Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H MA-D V CPU Intel i p Video NVidia GeForce GTS Hard Drives x Seagate Baracuda ES GB x WD Caviar Green GB PSU G Power Extreme W RAM x GB sticks Tower Jet Turbine ATX Case I hope that I have given enough information but if there is anything else you would like me to provide I will ASAP Thanks for any help in advance -- liamsmith nbsp

A:replacement motherboard/processor - Computer not turning on

First of all, have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If you follow ALL steps of the guide, you will find the cause of your problem.

Next I assume you did not just install the mb without checking that each standoff was in the correct position. One incorrect standoff and the board will short when you press the pw ON button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-motherboard-processor-computer-not-turning-on.1047748/
Relevancy 40.85%

2 days ago the power outlet that my computer was placed into was kinda half exploding. And the "lightning protector" that was attached into it died. I was trying to connect the computer to a different power outlet , and the computer won't turn on.
Not sure what happend... So Idk what to do... Should I buy a new power supply and see if everything is ok? Or just give the computer to some lab and have em to "make it work" ??

A:computer died / power supply replacement

Anyone? No sense? It's not like a genius question. Just kind of a "your opinion"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-died-power-supply-replacement.1147650/
Relevancy 40.85%

Oh those Best Buy geeks...
My parent's pc died on them and they took it to get serviced...3 weeks later, it came back with a new power supply, but the computer is awfully, awfully slow (it takes 10 minutes from.startup to load internet explorer). Factory reset has done nothing...did they touch something they shouldn't have?

Posted via Mobile Device

A:Computer slow after power supply replacement...

You would have to ask them for a list of that which they did.

What brand, model, model # PC, or same information for the motherboard?

Computer specs would be helpful.

Which ;power supply was it: brand, model, model #, wattage? Same for now?

If you aren't happy, take it back & have them install a new power supply and politely insist that they demonstrate it to you before you accept it back.

Start the computer, note time from start to desktop appearance or log in screen appearance.

Start the computer in safe mode & do the same.

To start in safe mode, start > run
type: msconfig
OK
boot.ini tab
put a check in "safe book"
OK
exit without restarting
Shut down.
Turn on.

Post your time logs here.

See #17 at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/882028-my-update-problem-2.html for an example.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slow-after-power-supply-replacement.882945/
Relevancy 40.42%

HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program
In cooperation with various government regulatory agencies, HP has announced a worldwide voluntary safety recall and replacement program for certain notebook batteries. The affected batteries have the potential to overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard to customers.

Because affected batteries pose a fire and burn hazard, it is extremely important to check whether your battery is affected.
The following Website provides a list of potentially affected product series:
https://h30686.www3.hp.com/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Notebook-Computer-Battery-Safety-Recall-and-Replacement/td-p/5656054
Relevancy 39.56%

so my issue is that when i turn on my computer after it's been off for a while it will not POST it will just spin up the power supply fan and the CPU fan and i'm fairly certain the hard drive too. but if i leave it on like this for a while and force turn it off then back on it will POST and boot normally. it has to be left on in that strange state for like 30 mins b4 it will boot normally and it's been doing this since i bought it in 2008. It's not a problem for me but since i'm gona need to sell it when i go to college i want to get it working

I've checked all external cables but figured it would be a waste of time to re-seat the RAM or CPU since it isn't even posting

thanks in advance.

Relevancy 39.56%

I am building a new system for the second time. I have an MSI mobo with nForce4 chipset, AMD athlon 64 3200, Asus GForce 6600, Mushkin DDR 400
I tried doing a post test, but the monitor displays no signal. I do not get any beeps either. I have reset the cpu, ram, and videocard. I also tried the monitor on another system, and it worked just fine. Any other suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-post.28596/
Relevancy 39.56%

System will not post! (help)

Ok im making a cheap 2nd system for myself and ive had some problems.. SOMEONE HELP ME

I have:
Sapphire radeon 7000 64mb ddr graphics card
Syntax SV266A mobo
Crucial 128mg ddr pc 2100 mem
Western digital 80gig hard drive
AMD Athlon 1900

I installed all the hardware and switched it on.. the post screen came up but after that the screen went blank after a couple of times of doing this and looking in the bios settings now all that seems to work is the system fans. Im not even getting a post now..

I think its the motherboard being a bastard to me. Has anyone got any ideas?

Ive checked the cpu, memory and hard drive on my current system and they are working perfectly. i dont have a agp slot on my current system so i cant check the graphics card.

help anyone

A:Computer will not POST ( Help )

Good that you kept saying "help" otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to reply at all..

Fist thing to do it trying to boot the bare minimum system: CPU, memory, video - nothing else connected. Triple check that all components are seated in properly.

Clear your CMOS setup in case you messed something up in there.

Since it somewhat worked before then it means you have probably dislodged something, misconfigured something or broke some component while troubleshooting (you are not putting the rig together on a nylon carpet, are you? )

When you get the POST picture back and it still crashes: test that memory stick with a memory test pogram, make sure your CPU is not overheating and that you get enough power from the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-post-help.13136/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have recently built a new computer which has been working perfectly fine up until a few days ago My won't Computer post computer froze while playing a Computer won't post game and I was forced to hardboot it It worked fine for a couple more hours then i got a blue screen which I didn t have a chance to write down exactly what it said but I remember seeing quot service exception error quot I then decided to turn the comp off and let it rest for a day I then turned the computer back on and it worked fine for a few hours and it froze again but this time when i tried to hardboot all lights and fans came on but no post no beep no video so I tried clearing out cmos still no post removed video card--no post then removed ram and I got a continuous beeping sound so I turned it back off and replaced one stick of ram--no post I put the stick into the other ram slot and bingo got it to post I then tried the other ram stick into the same slot and it posted So I m now able to get on here and post this but I would like to get my computer to run with both sticks of ram for optimum performance but im not sure what to do Should I send the mobo back or the ram I will post my hardware specs below -Biostar A L L AMD G AM Motherboard -AMD Phenom II X CPU - GBx Gskill F - CL D- GBRL -EVGA Nvidia gt Graphics card Any and all suggestions are appreciated and thanks in advance Edit Also I was wandering if anyone knows if the ram slot is bad would that be the cause of my computer freezing up I m not trying to overclock or anything like that everything is pretty much set up at factory defaults as far as bios settings and stuff like that

A:Computer won't post

If either stick of RAM will work in one slot but neither RAM stick will work in the other, I would be inclined to say that the slot in the motherboard is bad. A second opinion is always a good idea though. Can you see any bent or damaged connectors in the RAM slot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383516/computer-wont-post/
Relevancy 39.56%

I was having problems with the wife's computer AMD 2100, 512 DDR 2100 Ram. The machine would constantly reboot itself. Ordered a new mobo, an ASUS A7N8X-X and installed it per the instructions. I also got a new copper CPU fan as the one on the board was cheap. I cannot get the board to post, the CPU fan runs for 5 seconds and then quits. I have pulled everything off the board and it still only runs for a few seconds then shuts off. I tested the power supply and it is fine, no problems. HELP

Relevancy 39.56%

This has been going on for quite a while. Problem started with getting BSOD several seconds after bootup. Booted to safe mode, and tried to use Restore. Got message that there are no restore points set? Tried to use Repair to no avail. Booted original Windows disc and tried repair from there to no avail. The tried Imaging which ran for several hours, and then message that Imagining Failed. Then No Post. After reading numerous messages on-line, decided to RMA the MB and the PSU. Installed these items, and still no post. HDD led flashes off and on. Ancillary fans run. CPU fan starts, does a few revs, and stops. Beginning to suspect the CPU? Maybe someone has some ideas? This computer ran outstanding for a couple years before the trouble.

A:Computer will not post.

can u boot into windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252649-computer-will-not-post.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Well I just bought will post Computer not a new computer When I went to put the thing together the computer Computer will not post would not post I am new Computer will not post to all of this because Ive used macs for a very very long time but i did have some friends if mine help me out We tried disconecting the dvd and hard drives and that didnt help We screwed around with the jumper settings and that didnt help We figured that the mother board must have been bad so I sent that back to newegg and i am still waiting on it I tried as a stopgap between now and then to hook up my friends old stuff that he knew worked I swapped out the motherboard processor and power supply i know that the RAM is good because we tested it out on my friends computer It still will not post Does anyone have any idea what i should do This is driving me insane I keep kicking myself in the for not buying a new mac but i was just so fed up with not being able to run anything on them and now this new computer wont even run Please tell me one of you has the answer to my problems I am dying without a computer nbsp

A:Computer will not post

what are the system spec's? CPU,Power supply etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-post.50472/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys its my first time posting here i just bought myself a new computer rather bought parts off the net and had my friend assemble it After won't post Computer it was all put together we turned it on and low and behold nothing appears on the screen All the fans mobo light and HD activity lights all turn on but nothing appears on the screen There is no beeps and the computer will just kinda idle like this indefinitly I tested the ram video card hard drive and power supply on my friends computer but couldn t test the CPU mobo Everything we tested worked fine on his computer Specs Asus P K mobo Intel Core duo processor E Computer won't post LGA Pkg ghz BFG GeForce GT OC MB video card OCZ stealthxstream W PSU OCZ Platinum Computer won't post XTC REV PC - GB DDR - ram Highly frustrating as you could imagine that my brand new computer doesn t work any suggestions would be greatly appriciated Thanks -Jeff nbsp

A:Computer won't post

Thanks for the speedy reply, I tried your suggestion but still no success. It does exactly the same thing outside the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-post.103550/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Asus An8 sli Premium mobo, AMD 3800 dual core processor, 1 gig memory, Mad Dog
550 psu, a dvd burner, a cd-rom, 2 HDD, Nvidia Gforce 6600 video card. I put this together
myself in November. Has been working fairly well with an occassional glich. Last week, on a reboot, the computer would never post...it just sits on the Asus logo screen. I have taken out the ram, tried it one single stick at a time....no go. I have replaced the ram with new...no go.
I have unplugged the all HDD's and DVD and CD drives with one stick of ram...no go. The lights and fans work when the puter is turned on. Any ideas?

Relevancy 39.56%

Ok im building a computer try to get it to post and will not post.Ive took out all memory and try the 1st slot no post tryed different memory no post.tryed 3 different power supplies nopost.green light on the mobo is on but the fan on the cpu is not running.What do you guys think Im thinking the mobo is burn to hell what do you think???Or is there anything else I can try?

A:Computer won`t Post.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree, it looks like a dead mobo to me. Just to make sure your cpu is ok, I recommend taking the cpu to your local pc repair shop. Have them test it for you, it`ll only cost a few dollars to get this done.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-won-t-post.55477/
Relevancy 39.56%

I was given a IBM model 850 that was supposed to be in working condition. It has w2000 installed on it. I am trying to get it to work for my sister-in-law. I hooked it all up with a known good monitor and when I hit the start button I can hear the fan start up and run and the power indicator light is on but it won't post.
I took the case off and checked the ram and the two cards that are in it. It has onboard sound and video. Where should I go from here?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi my computer won t POST it powers up and all fans spin inc cpu fan but there is no vga output and no power to the keyboard Definiately NO beeps mobo Gigabyte GA- Pro Geforce fx graphics AMD XP x mb pc ram stick dual channel w Enermax psu XP Computer POST won't home heres the story my primary SCSI hdd started to produce errors so i got a vaidation code and returned it as it was in warrenty replacement came I ghosted everything across worked just fine next day i overclock my ram by setting it to quot turbo quot in the bios which worked just fine for about a year Computer won't POST before hand though i set it to quot normal quot as part of my troubleshooting the errors the the hdd caused anyway save and exit bios thats it bam no POST Any ideas I Computer won't POST ve tried resetting the cmos but no change I m going to strip everything out of the case and try booting with just mobo ram cpu vga but somehow i dont see it working Have I fried something and votes what Cheers jamie nbsp

A:Computer won't POST

Never mind, I removed the cmos battery for 10 mins and that seems to of done the trick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-post.34883/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi everyone! Here is what happened. From my keyboard you can put the computer in sleep mode. Well, my computer was in sleep mode and I woke it up. As it was waking up I keep pressing the sleep mode button on my keyboard until it went back to sleep. The next time I woke my computer the fans, drives, and everything else turned on except the computer would not attempt to boot. The monitor doesn't even turn on. I have tried to clear the CMOS memory, take out all PCI cards but nothing seems to start my computer. I tried my HD in a friends computer and it worked! Please help me get my computer running again.

A:Computer will not POST

Can you boot into safe mode? Sounds to me like your hd might have become corrupted. If you can boot into safe mode might i suggest that you run a disk check. If this doesn`t help post back and I`ll try and think of what else it might be. Regards Howard:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-post.15716/
Relevancy 39.56%

I just bought a new motherboard and celeron 2.0G and they thing won't POST. I tried just hoking up the CPU and the power supply and still nothing. Is it CPU or the motherboard?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey everyone, here's my problem... i'm making a media pc for my TV. current specs are:

AMD2 4300+
A8N32-SLI Delux
2x512mb Corsair RAM
550w PSU
GeForce 7600GS 512mb
500MB HDD SATA
DVD/CD-r/w

Everything is connected, power is going through the system. On power up all fans are spinning and media drives are being read, but no splash screen and i can not enter bios, this case does not have a speaker so i can't hear any post beeps. Last thing, the HDD was connected as a slave in the PC i'm using now but doesn't have any info on it except the basic formating... any ideas on what to do?

A:Computer won`t post.

read the no post guide in the guides forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-won-t-post.72164/
Relevancy 39.56%

Ive had this exact problem yet when I replaced the power supply my machine will light up but thats about it. I now have the power light on but it is dim the cpu cooling fan will turn slowly for a second then stop. Is there something that was most likely damaged when the original pwer supply went? Or maybe this new supply is faulty also?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-post-with-new-psu.606375/
Relevancy 39.56%

Or at least I assume its not posting I am putting together a computer won't Computer POST from the leftovers box to act as a server and am just started testing the components I have an an old case Asus A nx-E Deluxe MOBO with unknown processor under the heat sink and fan I have a W power supply that has been tested with a PSU tester I have an IDE HDD attached as well An AGP VGA card GB ram stolen from another computer I have all this loosely sitting in the case So far I have plugged in the pin connector and fired up hit the power switch The fan on the Video card spins up for about seconds then stops At this point when the video card stops The green LED on the MOBO goes dim Thats it no beeps on startup No display on the monitor attached to the VGA My assumption is a bad MOBO but since I have not been through this not sure how to tell Looking for suggestions on how to test Computer won't POST the MOBO or what else to try Computer won't POST Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

This is the most vexing hardware problem I have seen in years I have a DFI CS -ES Socket motherboard and a PIII GHz socket processor When I plug in the power and flick the switch red LEDs on the motherboard will glow but the computer won t beep or display anything on the won't Computer POST screen I have tried the following Replace the CPU with an identical twin Replace the motherboard with a DFI CW -D Replace the RAM Replace the PSU None of these things have resulted in a booting computer The place I got the mobo from assures me that it was tested before it was sent out and the same with the CPU I have no guarantee that either Computer won't POST RAM chip is good but they both worked a few months ago in the PC I stole them from and then junked I have no manual for either board and it s possible that the CPU isn t compatible but would this result in a no-POST scenario Googling has come up with inconclusive results when I bought this CPU I remember seeing it on a compatibility list somewhere but darned if I can find that list again Any help is appreciated Nathan nbsp

A:Computer won't POST

Wrong processor. Those boards take the earlier FCPGA socket 370 cpu's and you have an FCPGA2 cpu. They go up to 1.0 ghz and are a different cpu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-post.781368/
Relevancy 39.56%

I m running into a problem Yestoday windows was freezing and i gotten two blue screens and now my computer will not POST or bring up BIOs I don t know why I noticed one of the ram sticks the lights COmputer will POST not will not turn on I think the ram is dead So Shut down disconnected everything and took out the bad ram This leaves me with GB of ram Its COmputer will not POST still not working Everything esle in the case works The lights All the fans etc I dont think my cpu is bad Everything I have plug into the Mobo works The other three sticks of ram lights and the cpu fan work Maybe the hard drive But I never heard any clicking sound from it So I m not sure Any ideas Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory Crucial Ballistix Tracer GB x GB Hard Drive WD GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Monitor ACER X W Operating COmputer will not POST System Windows Vista Home Premium Bit Motherboard Asus M N -D Computer Case Antec Nine Hundred Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W COmputer will not POST nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Not sure if this is the right area or not.I need some help. I think his computer got a virus. My sons computer will not post. After turning the power on all it does it sit at a black screen with a blinking cursor. Hitting F8 does not work. He had a trial version of cyber defender installed on the computer that said he had numerous trojans and spyware. I have removed the battery to try resetting cmos. When powered up there is no beep except what I wrote above. ANy help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-will-not-post.853065/
Relevancy 39.56%

My problem:

Computer won't Post. Blank screen when all components are pugged in. Changed video cards. Still the same problem.

My specs:

Motherboard: ECS P4VXASD2 (no onboard video)
CPU: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4
RAM: 1024MB SDRAM
HDD: 20 GB WD
CD-ROM: 40x
Video Card: 64MB AGP card and a PCI 32 MB card (for testing purposes)
Mid tower with a 250-watt power supply.
Okay, when I install all the components and turn on the computer, I get a blank screen. I then take out the video card and RAM and unplug the drives. I turn it on. No post (no beeping). The CPU fan runs. Here's the motherboard's website: http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxasd2.html. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 39.56%

MB MSI -C CPU AMD Phenom II X PSU OCZ MXS W old SeaSonic S II W new VGA XFX Radeon HD old Asus Radeon HD new In my old system the machine ran with various graphic artifacts like these Diagnosing bad video RAM I replaced the video card and suddenly broke my computer The problem when powering on MB lights turn on CPU and case fans turn on fine Video card fan turns on then cycles high-low-high-low constantly and nothing further happens There is no signal to the monitor just fan spinning This happened with the new card but the problem persisted even when I switched cards back Other sites told me the power supply was bad so I switched to a new POST won't Computer supply no dice Same problem still Things that I ve tried Dusting all components thoroughly Reseating RAM Reseating VGA cards Resetting CMOD Changing power cables Bare testing the MB outside of the case Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem could be nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

The nightmare continues After months I finally figured out that the source of my crashing was a counterfeit AMD So I mailed it back to the What POST. be Computer even might the cause? won't vendor and two weeks later today I received a brand new authentic in return months ago after disaster I bought a brand new MB power supply cpu ram and video card essentially everything but the case Over the past two weks while I was w o a processor Computer won't even POST. What might be the cause? I tried dropping in my old heat-damaged Athlon but the computer didn t even post I just assumed the old processor had finally gone dead But today my brand new just arrived I dropped it in all copper heatsink and it too doesn t even post I m getting power fans and drives spin up but again the computer doesn t even post I tried clearing the CMOS and no hardware other than the cpu has changed since I pulled the old cpu out two weeks ago everything was working then The only thing I can think of that would prevent the computer from even posting is a bad MoBo but it is brand new and worked just fine two weeks ago Any ideas suspiciou nbsp

A:Computer won't even POST. What might be the cause?

what mnotherboard do you have there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-even-post-what-might-be-the-cause.30822/
Relevancy 39.56%

My wife's computer will not post. When the power button is pressed, the fans start, the DVD drive light comes on, but the monitor shows no signal, and the HD light does not come on, and there are no beeps.

The system is:
AMD 2000+XP
Gigabyte GA-7VT600-L
1GB DDR
8X DVD RW+/-
ATI Radeon 7000
BFG 450W PSU

I have switched the video card and the memory between hers and mine, and same problem in hers, and no problem with mine. I have also reset the CMOS and replaced the battery. I doubt it's a HD problem because it does not post anything. I can test the CPU and the PSU, but have not because it's such a pain. However, the PSU was purchased a few months ago, and the CPU over 5 years ago, so I am thinking the CPU or MB.
Any thoughts?

A:Computer will not post...

Are there any alarms sounding when It tries to post? I'm thinking possible the ram went bad considering it is much less fault tolerant.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-will-not-post.866018/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have installed a new MOBO a (A7V333-x) With a AMD 1700.
I also included a amd G Force 2 Video card. I watched the person that I purchased if from test the unit. I then came home and installed the MOBO and it will not post.. So i check all the normal things.. The thing that is getting me is that if I take the MOBO out of the ATX case and set it on top of the case and hit the power...the computer will post....

I am really confused....

A:Getting the Computer to POST

Sounds like it's shorting some where on the motherboard tray check that all the stand offs match the mounting holes on the motherboard, if they do match however, then try fiber washers on all the mounting screws, sometimes the heads of the screws get to close to the board traces.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-the-computer-to-post.120397/
Relevancy 39.56%

Just put together a new computer. When turned on, the computer will power up and all things will seem to work fine (all fans are spinning, etc), but no bios. Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 39.56%

I am at a loss I feel like I am an idiot I offered to fix my Dad s comp so he shipped it up to me Set it up plugged it into one of Computer not POST will my monitors and fired it up Nothing Computer turns on fans start up but the monitor never kicks on Computer will not POST Here is the computer Presario SR WM x dimms GT HD drive unkown size Cant tell how many watts the PSU is without tearing it out too lazy Basically my Dad said it stopped working plus it had Vista so I was going to install XP and get him all fixed up but now I am instead trouble shooting some sort of hardware issue Here is what I have checked Pulled the PCI-e card and tried using the onboard video Reset the BIOS settings pulled the battery Have tried unplugging the keyboard and booting no keyboard error so I am pretty sure it is not booting Tried with only and dimms in Tried multiple monitors I am at a loss the only thing I can think of is that the MB went bad somewhere I have never had a computer not POST so I am not sure how to even trouble shoot it If it would just post I could at least have a go with it Any thoughts would be very appreciated Thanks nbsp

Disconnect everything from the board except power and the monitor and remove all add-in cards. If it still does not POST, you have narrowed it to main board, processor, memory and power supply. I doubt you have an extra processor to test it with; but, you could take the power supply to a local shop and have it tested. They will probably do it for free on the prospect of selling a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-will-not-post.910409/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Gateway Gt AMD Atholon X Dual-core Processor GHz MHz FSB GB DDR GB HD nvidia GT pci-e video post. Computer won't card watt PSU My computer has been running fine since having a new MB installed last fall Until the other day I shut down and went Computer won't post. to bed the next morning when I tried to turn on my computer it won Computer won't post. t post The fans are running I hear no beep at all and the monitor is not receiving a signal Also none of the lights will stay on they flash for a split second and die out I have not added any new software Computer won't post. or hardware recently so I do not believe its a conflict issue The last thing I added was about weeks ago I installed the new driver for my video card I am thinking its either my PSU or MB again I checked the ram by removing one at a time and trying to boot there was no change I tried putting the ram in the other bank still no change The video card seems to be operating at least the fan is I took it out and tried reseating it no change I inspected it and did not see anything that looked burnt not does anything smell burnt Is there anything else I can check I don t have a volt meter to test the PSU is there a way to test it with out one I think wasn t enough and I burnt it out partly I am not sure nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I would have posted this in a general hardware troubleshooting section but i didn't see one I am quot running quot a misnomer at the moment a computer i built myself about two years ago Anyways the computer won't even post It turns on for about second then reboots wash rinse and repeat The system was working absolutly perfectly up until or two days before it died Two days ago it began to exibit those symptoms but started correctly after a few attempts I tried reseeding everything as well as flashing the even Computer won't post. bios but neither helped Computer won't even post. Any ideas Your help would be much apreicated Oh also am I in any danger of corupting my harddrives If so i'll just disconnect them for the troubleshooting process I really need this computer for photoediting so any suggestions you could provide would be really nice --Paolo The system is running Windows XP Has an Asues motherboard i forget the exact number can look it up if relavent I know its a deluxe model and uses the NForce chipset if that's helpful DDR ram gigahertz AMD processor Ati Radion pro and about gb worth of Maxtor Hardrives

A:Computer won't even post.

hmm.....could be a power supply issue. how much power are you running on your computer? have you tried using a different power supply? if not and if you dont have a spare power supply, i recommend you going to your local computer store and purchase an antec power supply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-even-post-71745.html
Relevancy 39.56%

The last couple days I am having trouble turning on my computer. I unplug it and replug it and I also flip the switch on and off on my power strip. Eventually it will come on. But today I just can't get it to come on. Everything else lights up. Please help me get this computer on. Thanks.
Debbie

Is your power strip working? Try plugging the computer directly into a wall outlet.

It sounds like it could be a power supply problem. What are your system specs? (graphics card, motherboard, CPU)

If you aren't sure, download CPU-Z. Run it, then go into the folder where you downloaded it, and open the file "cpuz.htm." Press ctrl+a, press ctrl+c, then go start-->run, type in "notepad", press ctrl+v, save the file to wherever you want, and attach it into this thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-post.72585/
Relevancy 39.56%

I searched the forums and sometimes) (only POST Computer won't I couldn t find anything about random non-POSTing PC s In my NEW Expensive PC every-now-and-then it won t POST Everything powers up fans HDD LED s etc but the Monitor light just keeps blinking away as if nothing has happened No Beeps If I press the Reset button it still doesn t POST It only posts if I switch off the power supply and the back and power on Computer won't POST (only sometimes) from scratch This only happens randomly more often than not I power up and it POSTs fine It would be different if it didn t POST at all I would know that there is definitely something wrong but with this I don t know if I should just put up with it or that my PC is a ticking-time-bomb-of-death that will explode or not into nothingness Thanks in advance although I don t know how to pinpoint the problem with another PC and without possibly further damaging my PC I REALLY don t want to go in there It always ends in tears haha Specs XP SP ABIT IC -MAX BIOS v P C FSB w HT and Stock Cooling x MB Kingmax DDR Dual Channeled GexCube Pro MB x G Seagate SATA HDD rpm MB Raid- Antec Sonata x mm Case Fans Antec Silent PSU W Sony DRU- A VY Lite-on SOHD- T S Onboard Realtek AC nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hey gang, I am not sure where to put this posting. We are going to get a new desktop computer but I need some help. I know I shouldn't be asking "what system should I get?" but it has been a long time since I bought a new computer (had jobs that supplied them). What do I need to look for? Top brand? Top features? I suspect I can only get Windows Vista but I want to also have word and excel, how do I make sure I get the best value for office as well? Thanks for any suggestions.

Relevancy 39.56%

My son upgraded to Windows 10 and then on the restart the computer will not post. The computer powers up and the fan runs and and disc drive spins up but the unit will not post. Any ideas on troubleshooting the unit.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Computer-will-not-post/td-p/5675338