Q: My PC, turns off for 3 seconds after turning on then turns back on

Seems I have the same issues as "someonedying" had,

here's my spec.

CPU - Intel Core i5 760 - LGA1156
MoBo - ASUSTeK P7P55D-E LX
RAM - 2pcs of Corsair Dual-Channel DDR3 2GB
VidCard - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
PSU - Fortron/FSP Everest 80Plus 800

when I turn my computer on, all the lights, the fans together with the MoBo lights turns on for 1 second, then it turns off for 3-4 seconds then turns on again until the OS loads..

when I restart my computer, this doesn't happen anymore.. It only occur when I completely turn the computer and UPS off..

I bought this system a month ago. I have to option to bring this to the shop where I bought it but I want to know what the possible issues are.. Most of computer shops here in our country replaces some parts w/o the owner's knowledge.. >.<

Please help.. Thanks =)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My PC, turns off for 3 seconds after turning on then turns back on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My PC, turns off for 3 seconds after turning on then turns back on

Seriously, I'd take this back to the shop and have them fix this at their expense. I would also take note of the parts you have now and compare them when it is returned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-turns-off-for-3-seconds-after-turning-on-then-turns-back-on.157147/
Relevancy 93.62%

I HAVE READ OTHER SIMILAR THREADS ------ My PC actually has the fans turns few shuts after on off seconds, PC retarded, back turns lights AND can t even get anywhere on the BIOS gb ram GT GHz Intel Pentium D gb HD CD ROM Foxconn P A mobo My mom took my PC away from me I got it back and it is retarded now I start the PC the fans come on lights are all good then PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on about - seconds it shuts off and then comes back on by itself When I turn the power on the monitor does not show anything at all I have tried many of different things Different PSU problem is not the PSU D C the CD ROM HD so it can t be one of those as PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on a failure stick of RAM my memory is fine Checked ALL of my cables they are connected properly checked many of times unconnected then reconnected alot Replaced the grease between heat sink CPU can t be my CPU or overheating problem Heat sink Fan is properly mounted not loose at all and is flat All of the aluminum capacitors on the mother board are perfectly fine not leaking and PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on are on proper Reset the mother board a few times well thats MOST of the stuff I have done there is probably more but I can t think of what else I have tried at the moment And BTW can t access BIOS so don t ask if I can get into it Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on

Reset the mother board a few times....Click to expand...

Do you mean you have tried resetting the bios jumper, on the Motherboard?
If not do that.

Also, have you tried disconnecting all HDD; Floppy; CD data cables (from the motherboard end (actually I'd do case fan too and front USB connection to motherboard)
If this works, you will need to put one back in at a time, until you find the problem

Usually this fault is related to faulty Ram or CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-retarded-shuts-off-after-few-seconds-turns-back-on.100697/
Relevancy 83.7%

After getting a couple blue screens I am having the following issue When I turn my computer on the fans and drives all start up After approx seconds the computer shuts itself off After another seconds the computer turns itself back on again This time it stays on but i have no monitor output I don t hear a beep video Computer on has turns then turns no output off back on, turns but which tells me it is probably not posting I have read a few other threads that have a similar issue but not the same I am thinking it is either the mobo GPU or PSU I would like any guidance and assistance that you guys can give me on this specifically what i should look at first and how to diagnose Thanks system specs below ASUS P Q Pro ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor EVGA GeForce GTX Core -P - -AR Video Card Antec EA W Power Supply OCZ GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory nbsp

A:Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

Motherboard Short

I have helped somebody who had a similar issue and it was the motherboard being shorted out by the case. We took the motherboard out of the case and it booted up just fine. Something you might want to try before purchasing new components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-turns-off-then-turns-back-on-but-has-no-video-output.152198/
Relevancy 82.46%

I seconds laptop off turning turns on after Vista have a Windows Vista laptop turns off seconds after turning on Vista laptop from my Father-In-Law that I am trying to clean up because it is running extremely slow and you can't seem to get to IE and browse anywhere I downloaded TDSSKiller onto the laptop and tried to go into safe mode with networking However when I got to the screen to arrow down to safe mode the enter key was pressed on Repair Computer I was multi-tasking with my yr old daughter need I say more Not knowing what that was actually doing I let it run for about minutes and then killed it by hard booting the laptop I was not able to do anything else Now when I try to turn it back on it turns on but then a couple seconds later shuts off I can't seem to get it to stay powered on And during these couple of seconds the screen stays black - no flash screens of any kind Is this fixable or do I owe my FIL a new laptop Thanks for your time and help Rebecca

A:Vista laptop turns off seconds after turning on

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

What is the make and model of this laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533056/vista-laptop-turns-off-seconds-after-turning-on/
Relevancy 110.08%

Referring to a Toshiba Tecra 9100, model no: PT910E-602SF-EN

The power button normally doesn?t turn it on at all, though occasionally it boots up normally, starts to load windows, then always cuts out after 5-15 seconds anyway.

It still charges up the batteries fine, but won?t turn on. I?ve checked the ram, hard-drive, and I re-set the bios to defaults - nothing stops it from cutting out if you can get it to turn on.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Any help appreciated, it?s the second time one I?ve had - the same problem last time!

Thanks

A:Tecra 9100 turns on intermittently, and turns off after 10-15 seconds

Hey,

Have you already tried cleaning the fan? Maybe a lot of dust is blocking the fan so the notebook can?t start and turns off itself due a higher temperature. It would be worth a try cleaning it.

But in my opinion you have everything done what you can do and it looks like a mainboard malfunction. If cleaning the fan doesn?t help I think the mainboard is defective or something else. If you are familiar with notebook disassembling you can try to repair it yourself with second hand parts. Otherwise it?s time for a new notebook I think?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61352-Tecra-9100-turns-on-intermittently-and-turns-off-after-10-15-seconds
Relevancy 110.08%

Trying to build a system for my brother. I put the 3200+ Athlon XP CPU in and with the heatsink. It turns on for maybe a few seconds and then turns off.

People were saying heatsink but I have tried it on 2, one is the ALK-800A, then some CoolerMaster one. I have to admit the CoolerMaster was originally from my 2100+ setup but still, it's all copper.

I do notice when I remove the CPU, it stays turned on. I know pretty sure this CPU works as I tested like hours before I put it in my brothers. Cant do that now since it was a quite a drive back home from college.

Jumpers? Settings? Anything?

Relevancy 110.08%

Hi

My friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off and during that 5 seconds preiod the computer makes a weird noise like beping sound.
His computer is Dell and its XP iam affarid i dont have much of his computers specs. If any one can suggest how he could solve it.

thank you for reading and helping

A:my friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off again automaticly plz help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-friends-computer-turns-on-for-5-seconds-and-turns-off-again-automaticly-plz-help.850533/
Relevancy 109.65%

Hello everyone,

Its an ibuypower purchase off of New Egg a few months back. The last few days, after the computer has been on for a little while (sometimes as short as ten minutes) it turns off - no shutdown and then turns itself on a few seconds later. I've opened the side panel and made sure all the connections are seated. The fans are running and there is no dust build up (I do air can out dust every few weeks).

Any tips on what I can do would be appreciated.

A:Machine turns off and then back on a few seconds later

Heat:
- only use the laptop on a hard surface - with nothing blocking any of the vents.
- use a laptop cooling pad if possible
- blow out all vents with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor, they can damage the components).
- ensure that the fan comes on and is blowing air out of the vent (may not happen at startup, but should happen after using it for a while).

For monitoring heat of the system, use Speccy or HWMonitor:
-Speccy System Information
-HWMonitor

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:
-CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition
-How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website:
-http://carrona.org/hddiag.html

Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file.

To do this, follow these steps:
-Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
-At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Scan your system with the following: Kaspersky TDSSKiller How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)

ESET online scannerOne-time virus scanner free with ESET online scanner

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284183-machine-turns-off-then-back-few-seconds-later.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Explorer exe shuts off every seconds then turns back on weird I don't even see my taskbar icons What could be the problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running 5 then Explorer.exe back shuts seconds on off turns every processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Explorer.exe shuts off every 5 seconds then turns back on exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Explorer.exe shuts off every 5 seconds then turns back on Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer sas r attbi com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride r attbi com localhost O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run LTMSG LTMSG exe O - HKLM Run DIGStream C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run BearShare quot C Program Files BearShare BearShare exe quot pause O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run msci c program files mcafee com shared mcinfo exe insfin O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Secure Online Account Numbers C PROGRA Discover SOAN SOAN exe dontopenmycards O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run DW quot C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O -... Read more

A:Explorer.exe shuts off every 5 seconds then turns back on

SDFix: Version 1.177
Run by Owner on Thu 05/01/2008 at 02:06 AM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :
Restoring Windows Registry Values
Restoring Windows Default Hosts File

Rebooting
Checking Files :

No Trojan Files Found

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1353.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-05-01 02:31:13
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

IPC error: 2 The system cannot find the file specified.
scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0
Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Logitech\\Desktop Messenger\\8876480\\Program\\backWeb-8876480.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Logitech\\Desktop Messenger\\8876480\\Program\\backWeb-8876480.exe:*:Enabled:Logitech Desktop Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\hp center\\137903\\Program\\BackWeb-137903.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\hp center\\137903\\Program\\BackWeb-137903.exe:*:Enabled:BackWeb-137903"
"C:\\Program Files\\Kazaa Lite K++\\KazaaLite.kpp"="C:\\Program Files\\Kazaa Lite K++\\KazaaLite.kpp:*:Enabled:KazaaLite"
"C:\\Program Files\\Anti-Leech\\ALIE\\alhlp.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Anti-Leech\\ALIE\\alhlp.exe:*:Enabled:Anti-Leech plugin helper program"
"C:\\Program Files\\burst\\btdownloadheadless.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\burst\\btdownloadheadless.exe:*:Enabled:btdownloadheadless"
"C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Need For Speed Underground\\Speed.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\EA GAMES\\Need For Speed Underground\\Speed.exe:*:Enabled:Speed"
"C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe:*:Enabled:RealPlayer"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe:*:Enabled:HP Software Update Client"
"C:\\Program Files\\Abacast\\Abaclient.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Abacast\\Abaclient.exe:*:Enabled:Abaclient"
"C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Instant Messenger"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync RAPI Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Connection Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Application"
"C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\bittorrent.exe:*:Enabled:bittorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\Azureus\\Azureus.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Azureus\\Azureus.exe:*:Enabled:Azureus"
"C:\\WIN32APP\\ustation\\ustation.exe"="C:\\WIN32APP\\ustation\\ustation.exe:*:Enabled:MicroStation SE"
"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe:*:Disabled:Mozilla Firefox"
"C:\\Pro... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/explorer-exe-shuts-off-every-5-seconds-then-turns-back-on-245395.html
Relevancy 107.93%

So, I installed Vista yesterday and it was working like a charm and last night I turned the computer off.

I woke up this morning, pressed the power button, lights/fans/computer came on for a few seconds (3 seconds approximately) and then the computer just shut off instantly, then another 3 secondsish later it turned back on and did the same thing, and it keeps doing it.
The only way I could fix it was by unplugging the power cable and turning off the switch at the power socket, I thought it may was a one-off thing.

I left the computer on, got back about 6 hours later and the computer was off (nobody turned it off, no power blackouts etc), I turned it on and it did the same thing. So I had to turn it off at the power etc and it boots up fine and it works.

This wasn't happening until I installed Vista.

Thanks in advance.

A:Computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off [loop]

I just realised, I haven't been shutting the computer down, just been clicking the power button in the Start Menu (which I have just realised isn't shut down - hovered over it: Keeps your session in memory and puts the computer in a low-power state so that you can quickly resume working). I'm fair sure this is "Sleep" (Vista noob).
I just went into Power Options and saw that Sleep was set to 1 hour, so I'm assuming:

* Last night I put my computer into sleep
* Today it went into sleep by itself (after 1 hour)

Therefore it's a problem with the sleep mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turns-on-for-a-few-seconds-then-turns-off-loop-388872.html
Relevancy 107.07%

A few days ago, my computer stopped sleeping. When I press the sleep button, my screens will fade to black, and then just turn back on again after a few seconds. I can't think of anything that changed to cause this. I have tried:
Sleeping from the command line (same result as button)
Closing amp WinOFF (had this for a while, but just to be sure)
Disabling Wake-On-Lan
Unplugging nonessential devices
System restore - Failed
Unplugging my DP monitor, in case it was that weird power issue I've heard about
The only think I can think of that might have caused it is a system update. Does anyone either know how to fix this, or a place I could find an error log? I couldn't find anything myself in Event Viewer, but I'm not an expert at it. Also I doubt this is worth noting, but it sets my Skype to offline. System specs are relevant. Any ideas?

A:Computer turns back on 3-5 seconds after pressing sleep

Tried this? Lastwake Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347558-computer-turns-back-3-5-seconds-after-pressing-sleep.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I leave my computer on for a long times like 1-4 weeks at a time so that may be part of the problem but it doesn't get really hot (it has 7 fans so yea) but back to the problem when its started i turned it on and i wasn't looking and then it turned off (still not looking) and it turned off again and then it on (looking this time) and i saw it booting up then i saw it froze at the windows 7 logo and then either i turned it off or it turned its self off then. Now when i turn it on it turns its self off after few seconds. but when i leave it alone for a day it stays on for 5-15 seconds.
If you can please help me!
my specs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-FX-8350-4-0GHZ-16GB-DDR3-500GB-38496000-/201156598215?

Relevancy 104.06%

okay so i am able to turn my computer on for a few seconds but then it automatically shuts itself off after a few seconds but the thing is after letting it sit for a couple seconds it says something about how the clocks on my processor have been overclocked too high and asks if it wants me to restore them, so i do that and then the computer works fine, but then when i turn it off and turn it back on it does the exact same thing until i get that message again.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

i've tried manually reducing the clocks on my cpu even though they were already at stock clocks and that didnt work

system specs:
windows 7 ultimate 64bit
intel core 2 quad q6600 @ 2.4ghz standard clocks
4gb ddr2-800 ram
ati hd 4760 1gb ddr3

please and thank you

A:computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off

Try resetting the bios on the motherboard.

You can do this by opening up the computer and remove the battery and then reinstall. There are also a jump to do the samething, but you have to look at your motherboards manual /user guide to see where it's located.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246355-computer-turns-few-seconds-then-turns-off.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I have an older Compaq laptop that usually works fine, but now when I press the power button it just lights up a few of the lights, makes an odd beeping noise and immediately turns off. Nothing appears on the display and it never goes farther than that. I?ve tried a "hard reset" and reseating the ram modules, but neither worked and I have no idea where to go from here.

A:laptop turns on for 1-2 seconds then turns off

Welcome nabbed_clones.

Could you mention the make and model of your laptop please and explain what the odd beeping noise is (e.g., is it a quick one beep noise, or long beep noise, or many different beeps?) Any other sounds?

(Have you tried turning on the laptop with the mains power plugged in and the battery out?).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-turns-on-for-1-2-seconds-then-turns-off-582508.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello I m looking for some advice and guidance I am not a technical expert on computer hardware I understand the basics and that s about the extent of it My current PC is a Dell desktop tower it runs Windows it uses an Intel Core Duo processor It is a few years old I d estimate or years old I plug my PC into a Belkin surge protector multi-outlet device which plugs into the wall electrical outlet My problem is that recently the PC randomly has been instantly powering-down and then a few seconds later powering-up again and rebooting This happens twice or turns then randomly turns quickly PC off on itself back times a day on average I have no explanation for it I do know that it s highly annoying and I m concerned and want to do something to fix this problem before any permanent damage occurs to PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my PC Last week I searched the internet PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on briefly for advice and the two possible causes that popped-up in search results were A overheating or B issues with the power cord Given that over the past week in my spare time I have totally rerouted all the cords and wires behind PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my computer desk to ensure that no wires were tangling pulling or weighing-down on the power cord for my PC I also totally dusted out the cabinet and backside of the PC tower and gently vacuumed the quot fan quot area on the back of the PC to ensure it was free of dust and lint I removed some random objects from the PC cabinet CD s mice keyboard etc to ensure that there was plenty of quot airflow quot around the PC tower presumably to ensure no overheating I rerouted several electronics that previously shared the Belkin multi-outlet device to another electrical outlet in the room I m not sure if any of these actions was helpful or not but I know that my PC is still having the same original power-off power-on issue no change I also updated and ran the quot Malwarebytes quot anti-malware software and the full scan showed no infections problems identified I am at a loss at this point and would appreciate any help or advice I ve owned several PC s over the past decade or so and I ve never encountered this problem with any of them nbsp

Relevancy 102.34%

Hey guys I need help, during startup Windows Firewall turns off upon system startup and then turns back on a few minutes later, then network connections open up to finish up my bootup process. I have SP3, and this little problem is causing my computer to startup slowly significantly. I have tried scanning for viruses and spyware and have found none, so I really don't know what's causing this to happen.

A:Firewall turns off and upon startup and then turns back on

That's normal, in my experience.

Not just with Windows firewall but any other firewall I've played with...the network connection is the last line of system defense when the system boots.

The firewall won't allow contact with the Internet...until the system is totally setup and out of danger. The firewall activates (along with the other startup items), then the network connection is made.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348323/firewall-turns-off-and-upon-startup-and-then-turns-back-on/
Relevancy 98.47%

Ok so I m computer and back right on then turns turns off having a problem with building my computer I used to have a working gaming pc but i decided to upgrade so i upgraded my case my motherboard and my PSU After i re-built everything and was planning on turning it on all the fans started spinning and the Led s turned computer turns on and then turns right back off on but only for about seconds it then turned off What i figured out is that whenever my CPU cable is plugged in this happens but when it is unplugged it doesn t shut off but also no Bios shows up The HSF always spins very slowly and slowly stops working My Motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics so i need a GPU Pleeeeeaaaase help me i really want it to work and sorry for the nooby question I have seen similar problems on other Forums but i didn t quite get it and i thought with my specifications it would be easier for me to understand Here are my specs Motherboard gigabyte FXA-UD PSU Corsair RM Processor AMD FX GPU AMD radeon vtx d and case probably unnecessary thermaltake level gt snow edition And ps Pleeeeaaaase help nbsp

A:computer turns on and then turns right back off

Processor: AMD FXClick to expand...

You didn't fully describe the AMD FX processor you have. Here is the supported list of FX processors for that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-then-turns-right-back-off.1130433/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have an external DVD CDRW drive that keeps being added then removed added then removed. That is all that it does. You know how Windows XP does. It plays that little two tone sound each time a device is added or removed...it is so annoying. I cannot use the drive as it does not stay "added" long enough. I am stumped...I have never heard anything like it. Have you?

A:External DVD CDRW Drive turns off, turns on, turns off...etc.

Did the unit ship with drivers? ?
It also might be a cable issue. Inspect that cable or try a new one and or another USB port. If you have it on the front of the case try it on a rear USB port. I've seen machines where the front ports carried less power than the rear ones.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-dvd-cdrw-drive-turns-off-turns-on-turns-off-etc.24677/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hey Guys

I built a new pc sterday

Intel E6400
Intel d975xbx
Seagate st3250620AS
Ocz gold 2gb 667Mhz
CPU cooling fan : Big typhoon
Antec TX1050B case with SP500 PSU

Now After putting everything 2gether, when I switch on power, the CPU fan turns for about 5 seconds slowly and then turns off, the LED on the mobo is still on though. When I push the power button on the case the fan goes again for 5 seconds and goes off. No beeps no video, nothing. Any suggestions guys?

Would be of gr8 help if someone could throw some light on it.

Additionally if i connect the case fan directly to the PSU, no reaction. The fan doesnt turn at all. Could it be faulty PSU?

I tried taking the RAM sticks off- yet no beeps

A:HELP!! CPU fan turns only for 5 seconds!!

It sounds like a faulty PSU. It may be worth swapping it into another system to check.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cpu-fan-turns-only-for-5-seconds.57786/
Relevancy 88.58%

Okay i know this may not be in the right category but really that doesnt matter to me.
Alright so my Compaq F557US is having problems, every time you press the power button it is starts to turn on the fan and it makes noise but then it just sits there and it turns off after about 30 seconds and it repeats the process
PLEASE HELP!
-No startup screen
-possibly control board mother board or power source (the least likely of the three) and nothing i try seems to work.

A:Turns off after about 30 seconds

Likely hardware failure... either hard drive or memory or cpu fan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turns-off-after-about-30-seconds.121140/
Relevancy 88.15%

I m building my own PC for the first time but when I run it something weird happens When I flip the PSU switch pc psu Turning on turns on to be on it immediately gives power to everything before I the power to the motherboard is activated However nothing actually shows up on the screen until I activate the Turning on psu turns on pc normal power When I do it loads OS everything becomes normal When I click Shut Down it Turning on psu turns on pc does shut down - but all my fans are still spinning and it Turning on psu turns on pc seems like they re receiving power when they shouldn t Someone told me that the problem might be caused by a BIOS setting that automatically turns on the computer when there s power and that setting should be off I went into the BIOS to check that setting I think I found it but it was already on off It was called quot AC Back Function quot So that must not be it as it was already off What is the problem and how can I fix it nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

When I turn on the computer, it turns on for 3 seconds then it shuts down automatically. I don't have a chance to see anything on the screen
amd 64 x2 6000
m2n68 am se 2
kingston 2 gb ram

A:Computer turns off in 3 seconds

If your computer has two sticks of ram try testing them one at a time and in different slots. And make sure the cpu heatsink isn't lose. Also make sure all expansion cards are in the slots by taking them out and putting them back it. Do one thing to see if you can get it working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-off-in-3-seconds.157735/
Relevancy 87.72%

I generally keep my computer on all day so I only have this in the morning but thats the only time I turn it on basiclly its like starting an old car press on goes on for around - seconds then goes off press on goes off press 0.5-1 Computer after around seconds turns off on goes off and so on however if I do this enough times literally sometimes minutes of pressing and hoping it turns on and works perfectly for the rest of the day Its only started doing this within the past week and I have no idea why Computer turns off after around 0.5-1 seconds it is I ve tried Taking out and putting back in the Mobo battery after waiting seconds resetting BIOS to factory settings checked the physical power connections outside and inside the computer can t see anything abnormal checked that the power switch isnt sticking in I m not very experienced with computer hardware and simply trying another PSU isnt an option really S so are there any obvious things I m missing Thanks for any help Ps my next idea I ll try tomorrow I ve set in my BIOS Computer turns off after around 0.5-1 seconds to be able to boot from PS mouse or keyboard so I ll try that and see if it can boot ok from them if so it means its the powerswitch itself edit Power on by PS keyboard or mouse didnt work they just didnt power it on nbsp

A:Computer turns off after around 0.5-1 seconds

Try using one RAM module at a time in the appropriate slot, of course, and see it that makes any difference. If you don't have access to other parts like another PSU to test with, you may only get so far in your ability to diagnose this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-off-after-around-0-5-1-seconds.157182/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello I just finished my first computer build and just tried to fire it up for the first time The screen pops up asking for a bootable CD as I expected and then about seconds later turns off As I said it s my first build but I thought that sounds like a power later Computer on 10 turns off then seconds supply issue or at least I hope it is if anything but I could be wrong Can anyone help me PSU COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS- -PCAR-A W ATX V V Power Supply MBoard EVGA P SLI -LF-E -KR LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor Model BX I RAM Computer turns on then off 10 seconds later G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL Harddrive Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Video Card EVGA -P - -LR GeForce GT Superclocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card If more info is required to diagnose this problem I ll give all I can if someone could help me Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Computer turns on then off 10 seconds later

Please make sure the heatsink is fitted correctly, it shouldn't wiggle around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-then-off-10-seconds-later.146790/
Relevancy 87.72%

My friends got this LCD monitor and when he turns it on it seems like everything is fine... The picture looks perfect, power lights on, menu pops up....

But after like 3 or so seconds, it turns off... If you look at it from the right angle you can still see what was on it...

I could be wrong, but I always thought that even without signal, a monitor could display the menu - but not this one..

What could be wrong with it? I've messed with the cord so i dont think its that...

Relevancy 87.72%

toshiba Laptop turns on and off in 5 seconds then on again by itself why!
when you turn it on it gets as far as the toshiba screen then turns off and turns itself back on and does the same,time after time after time ,till power is disconnected !
this is on mains and battery !
why

A:Laptop turns on and off in 5 seconds then on again by itself

Well, not quite the same, I have a Dell out of three Latitudes I bought that WORKS perfectly, BUT When you press power, it is blank but making noise for 40 seconds or so then boots up normal saying it's in servicing Mode...press Fn-X to cancel.
I can't tell you how many ways I tried to press that sequence and get something to happen! It still does the same thing even if I hibernate the drive! It runs like normal after it posts and boots!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-and-off-in-5-seconds-then-on-again-by-itself.52491/
Relevancy 87.72%

I upgraded to Win8 from Win7 a few weeks ago. The display goes black after 60 seconds of inactivity no matter what setting I change. I would like to read documents without having to hit the space bar every minute.

My laptop is a Samsung Series 7 and requires Samsung Easy Settings to run the backlit keyboard. I've looked for a setting in the Samsung software, but don't think that is the problem.

I've also tried to adjust the power plan and advanced settings with no luck. My current power plan is set to Never on turn off the display. Adaptive brightness is turned off.

Anyone have an idea here?

A:Display turns off every 60 seconds

Welcome to Eight Forums, cygnusx1. Good to have you.

Seems to me to be a conflict with 8 and the Samsung Easy Settings. Have you searched the Samsung site or forums?

Have you tried turning off Samsung settings just to try?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/14136-display-turns-off-every-60-seconds.html
Relevancy 87.72%

when i hit the power button the only thing that happens is that the cpu fan turns for a couple of seconds, thats it. i have tried taking the motherboard out of the case too make sure that it wasnt shorting out in the case and i also have tried a different p/s

i dont know what else to do

plz help

A:cpu fan turns for a couple seconds and thats it

I suspect it's time to try a new MB and/or processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-turns-for-a-couple-seconds-and-thats-it.146632/
Relevancy 87.72%

HI..i hav this friend of mine whose computer turns off itself few seconds later after turning it on,it has been running perfectly before this,until he installed another 1GB DDR2 ram..i cant figure out what the problem is..any help is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 87.72%

A couple days ago my computer randomly turned off I can t get it turned on with the power switch that connects to the mobo and it atomically turns on and then off seconds later when I flip the switch on the back of the PSU It doesn t post anything I assembled the computer a few months ago with new parts It worked fine up until now although I did have a few random turn offs although they were rare I tried booting it up without RAM GPU and the drives connected and nothing changed The power switch somehow came lose from the case and was dangling out the side of my case when I ran it over with my chair The wires disconnected from the switch and i was holding them to the switch to turn it on for the turns off then Computer seconds later 3 on past couple weeks Unplugging the power switch from the mobo changes nothing Not sure if this has anything to do with it I m speculating it is either the PSU or mobo causing problems but I m not sure how to find out I apreciate any help and will be trying to figure this out in the meantime Thanks nbsp

A:Computer turns on then off 3 seconds later

Now that I think about it my system time would sometimes be set back a couple hours, even a day at least once. Do you think could be caused by the CMOS battery failing? I also seem to vaguely recall getting some message about overclocking failing and resetting my bios to get my comp working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-then-off-3-seconds-later.819900/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi I ve recently Motherboard only a seconds few on turns for bought some computer components and started to assemble them but to my dismay it doesn t work too well already from the start Motherboard P Z -Pro Power supply NZXT Hale W CPU i - K With only these components the power-button on the motherboard doesn t start the system the LED-lights are on though The only time it starts is when the PSU is turned off and then on The CPU-fans spin as they should For a few seconds then it all stops If I Motherboard only turns on for a few seconds want to try again I have to restart the PSU Note that the system Has power since the LEDs are lit at all times when power is provided of course It seems that it turns off when POST is checking the CPU I have tried the following - Re-apply Motherboard only turns on for a few seconds thermal paste - Use RAM no difference except that POST takes a bit longer to reach the quot critical situation quot where it turns Motherboard only turns on for a few seconds off The cables - Two power-cables from the PSU is connected to the motherboard the big one and the smaller one s near the CPU - Cables for the two fans that goes to the CPU-FAN-socket on the motherboard Any idea what s going on Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Yup, I tried turning on my PC and it only turns on for few seconds. I tried a different power supply and it did the same thing. I've cleaned the accumulated dust and changed the battery on the motherboard. I've backed up the hard drive just a few minutes ago.

Note: The computer does not turn on by the on/off button on the tower. As soon as I connect the A/C Adapter the computer turns on.. few seconds.. then its off. I do not get any messages on the screen or beeps. As soon as the screen turns on it turns off the machine.

its an old computer, model: HP Pavilion a375c. It has never been upgraded/downgraded.

From my experience I believe I need to replace the motherboard. While I am at it I'll replace CPU and memory as well unless I can get some troubleshooting advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-for-2-5-seconds.898187/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi I have a HP G laptop that's running bit Vista Home It's been working well for Turns seconds? off Display in me since the summer and I just haven't gotten around to Display Turns off in seconds? upgrading it yet But anyways I have a problem with the display Not life-threatening but basically the display turns off when my computer is idle That part doesn't surprise me since it's a feature This would be perfectly fine if it didn't happen every seconds I counted in quot Mississippi's quot If I don't type or move the mouse in seconds it turns off Not sleep mode just the wag my Display Turns off in seconds? mouse and it turns on again thing This is just really annoying because it makes viewing videos text anything tedious at best and is just a general pain in the rear What's up with it I'm doing a quick scan of my computer with my avast Home edition now but I don't know if that's the problem I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if it's a common virus or something and has an easy fix instead of me randomly trying to fix stuff Update in the last few minutes it's decided that seconds was too long It dims every second the computer is idle

A:Display Turns off in seconds?

Hello pinoysw1mmer, welcome to Vista Forums!

That sounds like it's an app added by the PC manufacturer that starts when the PC is started, look around in "msconfig" to see if there's anything that looks like a "hibernation" manager; have a look at the tutorial at the link below to get some ideas; be sure to post back to keep us informed.

Troubleshooting with MSCONFIG - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277925-display-turns-off-seconds.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Just this morning I was on my PC and about an hour later my PC just shuts off I press the power button to start it back up but a second later it turns back off The lights in my tower turning it Computer off on after turns and my fans start up for a Computer turns off after turning it on split second everytime I do this but continues to turn off right away I surfed the forums and found that people were having similar issues which lead to the PSU At first I thought it was my PSU because within the last year I ve upgraded my PC with a new HD rpm TB and a new graphics card Geforce GTX I figured after a year of these upgrades it took its toll on my PSU My current PSU is W These are the steps I ve done so far I unplugged my HD and the power to my graphics card and got the exact same problem I heard that taking out the V lithium battery from the motherboard and putting it back in could fix the issue So I decided to just Computer turns off after turning it on buy a new one and put it in Same problem I completely Computer turns off after turning it on took out my PSU and put it my brother s W PSU in Still sadly enough the same problem I am all out of ideas here Please help UPDATE I ve tried removing all USB PCI components one at a time until none of them were in and I m still having the same problem nbsp

A:Computer turns off after turning it on

check your fans and your power supply.seems like a heat issue.can you boot long enough to get a temperature reading?
this program(everest) will test your fans and CPU,and its free
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-off-after-turning-it-on.905631/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi every morning when I turn my PC on it turns itself off after about seconds Once it's off pressing the on button does nothing I have to flick the PSU switch at the back off and on again for the front button to turn the computer on again It'll off on turning after moments a few PC turns then turn itself off again after a few seconds and I have to repeat the process Eventually it decides to stay on and it PC turns off a few moments after turning on boots up fine Any ideas what this might be I'm worried that one day it just won't turn on at all One thing that might be worth mentioning is that if we've had a powercut in the house at all even when my computer is switched off when power resumes and I turn my computer back on it tells me there's a CMOS checksum error and my BIOS settings are restored to default as well as the time in Windows being set to PC turns off a few moments after turning on How can this happen when my computer wasn't even on at the time of the powercut No idea Any help would be great sorry for the long post

A:PC turns off a few moments after turning on

Its your power supply about to die infact as your reading this its probably midway to hell

Basically what's happening is its capacitors are not holding enough charge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200275-pc-turns-off-few-moments-after-turning.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a Koolance PC2 601 watercooled case that just started this bit of weirdness: When I push the power on button on the case front, the computer starts up and runs for 3 seconds then turns off. If I continually push the power button at 2 second intervals, it stays on. Any clue as to what may be causing this to happen? Nothing has been added to this computer for at least 6 months. I'm perplexed

A:Solved: Computer turns on for 3 seconds

When you say it stays on, does it just stay on or does it actually work properly and boot up?

Could be that the front case power or reset buttons are sticking, what happens if you disconnect both of them and just short the two power pins on the motherboard with a screw driver?

It could also be a loose CPU heatsink, if its come loose or broken off then the CPU could be overheating and causing a shutdown. If its not booting but just staying on it could also be a faulty power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-turns-on-for-3-seconds.602200/
Relevancy 86.86%

After that I cannot turn it on with the motherboard or the power. It happens every time I power on the psu. Does it with my old power supply as well. HELP!!!

Relevancy 86.86%

I will try to explain everything in detail I bought a new case for my computer Cooler Master HAF I have moved everything from my old case to the new one After I had done that verified that all the wires and cables were connected on for powers turns off then two seconds Computer to their proper places I attempted to turn on the computer The fans drives etc start to spin up but then turn off after seconds Nothing happens afterwards Is it my power supply I didn t switch out any hardware except the fans Computer powers on for two seconds then turns off from my old case to the new one Originally I had Generic case with two mm fans Intel stock fan Corsair TX W Computer powers on for two seconds then turns off power supply sticks of corsair XMS DDR MHz ram totalling gb Two dvd burners A floppy drive ATI Radeon x BFG aegia physx card Hitachi tb hard drive don t remember the exact model Intel Core Quad Q One Vantec Thermoflow Fan One standard Thermaltake fan TT- A Motherboard - EVGA nForce i SLI FTW Now I have A Cooler Master HAF Corsair TX W power supply CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper N sticks of corsair XMS DDR MHz ram totalling gb Two dvd burners A floppy drive ATI Radeon x BFG aegia physx card Hitachi tb hard drive don t remember the exact model Intel Core Quad Q Motherboard - EVGA nForce i SLI FTW The three fans that come with the case two mm fans and one mm --------------------------- As you can see the specs are almost exactly the same Faulty power button I have pushed the power button that is directly on the motherboard but to no avail I have disconnected all the case system chassis fans except the processor fan but it still doesn t work I have disconnected the processor fan ONCE to see what would happen computer turns on for a max of two seconds then turns off processor shouldn t burn out that fast I have disconnected all the optical drives the floppy the hard drive the physx card one at a time doing multiple tests but the problem still exists Now I am thinking that it could be the power supply even though it worked fine before or the cmos battery the motherboard is about a year old If it is a processor problem the computer should still turn on but have a blank screen with a flashing cursor on it if it was totally dead Any suggestions on what could be wrong Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer powers on for two seconds then turns off

When you power on the PC does the CPU fan spin? It's possible the BIOS is shutting the PC down because it thinks the CPU fan isn't running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-powers-on-for-two-seconds-then-turns-off.145517/
Relevancy 86.86%

my cousin was just messing around with his comp and trying to get his processor to run cooler. he took out his cpu scarped off the "corrosion" he saw on it placed it back in with the heat sink and now after he tries to turn his comp off he says it turns on for a few seconds then turns itself off

i told him he needs to make sure he has the cpu and heatsink installed and seated correctly, and put some arctic silver 5 or something of the like on the cpu and it should hopefully fix it.
so i sent him out to buy some thermal paste

he said he put everything back correctly and i'm not sure if the thermal paste would keep it from restarting.

anyone else have any suggestions, or does that sound about right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-turns-off-seconds-after-boot.710306/
Relevancy 86.86%

I off on turns Laptop for a and then powers few seconds have a dell inspiron Windows Vista home prem service pk intel core duo Until a few days ago I had no issues at all but one day I did an update of windows which is a valid copy shut the computer down and it wouldnt come on Took the battery out and ran off of the ac adapter still nothing put the battery back in and the lights came on sounded like it was going to boot up and it simply powered back off Laptop powers on for a few seconds and then turns off Took the battery out Laptop powers on for a few seconds and then turns off again and plugged in to adapter same thing lights came on and sounded like it was going to come on and shut back down Placed the battery back in and the cord and it powers on Placed it in sleep mode and came back about an hour later hit the power button to activate from sleep mode and it shut down again Same issues and steps as above After about mins it came on again Last night I tried for over hours and it wouldnt come on again from the night before when I shut it down Took the same steps and it finally came back on Is it the I ran a diagnostic on it which all came back fine with no issues What could it be

A:Laptop powers on for a few seconds and then turns off

Hi to Bleepingcomputer!

This sounds like an issue with the battery, does your battery hold a charge? Also be sure that your power adapter is not injured or has been dropped or damaged.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352818/laptop-powers-on-for-a-few-seconds-and-then-turns-off/
Relevancy 86.86%

I started building my pc it turns on and off every 3 seconds I would much like it if someone could reply back with possible ways of helping me

A:Pc turns on and off every 3 seconds loop help needed

Maybe a faulty power supply or some bad RAM? Does the PC beep (POST) when attempting to boot back up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-on-and-off-every-3-seconds-loop-help-needed.1171144/
Relevancy 86.86%

i have a 3.4ghz pentium 4 prescott processor, 400w psu, elitegroup 865pe-a7 mobo, 1gb ddr400 ram, 320gb seagate barracuda, sony dvd rw drive, nvidia gforce 256mb graphics.

i have built this computer from scratch.

when it powers up all lights come on but when the computer is connected to a screen all black and white lines go across the screen and you can faintly see the startup screen and then it shuts down. does anyone know what is causing this problem to occur

Joe

A:PC runs but turns off after a couple of seconds...

Can you get into BIOS successfully and not lose the screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-runs-but-turns-off-after-a-couple-of-seconds.76352/
Relevancy 86.86%

ive had my computer for a year and months now its a gateway windows laptop I play a game called runescape and ive been thinking they have been having problems but I was on facebook and all the sudden it stopped working and I wasn t running runescape so I don t know if its my computer s network card or what but if this will help you guys to help me C Users Gateway gt seconds few off My internet computer on my turns a for PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Gateway gt PING yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Gateway gt NBTSTAT -n Ethernet My internet turns off on my computer for a few seconds Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wi-Fi Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- GATEWAY-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered GATEWAY-PC lt gt UNIQUE Registered Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache C Users Gateway gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Gateway-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - D- -B -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - - D- -B -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c e e caf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday March PM Lease Expires Saturday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID My internet turns off on my computer for a few seconds - - - - A- -A - -B - -E -D -FF- E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address B - -E -D -FF- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd cd f fff Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe cd f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap FA - F - -ABD - Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello,

Everytime I turn on my computer , monitor turns off and stays off with light orange. I tested the monitor alone and plugged it directly and it's working. But when I connect it to my CPU it turns off!
What could be the problem? Please help! Thanks.

Relevancy 86.86%

My computer was running 5 repeat. seconds on PC for and turns shuts about off then fine for the past three years with no problem until recently I decided to get a new case everything was running perfect until I transferred everything into the new case The problem was that when I hit the power switch the hardware would turn on for like half a second then turn PC turns on for about 5 seconds then shuts off and repeat. off I returned the case the next day I searched for hours and found multiple answers from broken power supplies to shorted motherboards So today I went out and bought a power supply came back home hooked it up and still the same problem so I returned the power supply and went and bought a new motherboard now the problem is that the pc comes on for about - seconds and shuts off turns on then shuts off with second increments I am at wits end at the moment my old specs are as follows followed by the current spec - Intel Core Duo E Ghz - Antec watts power supply bought rocketfish watts PS and then returned it - Gigabyte EP -UD L This is the new motherboard the old one was GA- P-S - NVIDIA Geforce gtx MB When the computer turns on there is no picture whatsoever so I think I need RMA the video card also - RAM OCZ Titanium Series x GB and x GB - Seagate gb Hard Drive I can take pictures and give more information if needed please help me out Also I returned the new power supply and hooked the old one up should I get a new one I cannot find answers anywhere any help will be greatly appreciated And one more thing when I turn the pc on all of the fans are running mm GFX card fan PS fan and also the heatsink nbsp

A:PC turns on for about 5 seconds then shuts off and repeat.

What you are describing is a classic hsf [heatsink fan] installed incorrectly.

With the system OFF, open the case and grab hold of the heatsink part. Does it move at all? Are all four push pins tight or can you move one of them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-on-for-about-5-seconds-then-shuts-off-and-repeat.924847/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello,

My computer #2 will turn off automatically after being turned on for about 15 seconds. I get all the lights and beeps with startup. I have recently replaced the power box with the exact brand and size that came in it when the computer wouldn't come on suddenly. I have tried different plugs with the same results.

I need ideas.....

Thanks,

Alina

A:Computer turns off 15 seconds after starting

Could be that the processor is overheating. Verify processor fan is spinning and that the heatsink is free of dust.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-off-15-seconds-after-starting.410769/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello, I'm having a problem where my laptop will randomly shut off and then turn back on seconds later. Back then it only happened once every few weeks but now it's starting to happen every few hours. I've tried resetting the laptop but the issue is still there. If there is any solution, I will be grateful. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-turns-off-and-then-restarts-seconds-later/td-p/5796150
Relevancy 86.86%

hello guys my laptop of 4 years has been giving me problems. I start it on but there is no display on the screen and after a few seconds it shuts off. What could be the problem  thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-laptop-turns-on-for-a-few-seconds-then-shuts-down-after-a/td-p/5599973
Relevancy 86%

Hey,For some reason when I turn my notebook on it shows Lenovo logo for couple of seconds, and then shuts down. If I press the power button once again it shows Lenovo logo and a circular loading bar, but this time Windows starts.What could be causing this? Its doing it every time and every day when I try to turn it on.First time fail, second time ok????!!!!!Strange and very annoying! PLEASE HELP!!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-only-turns-on-after-second-attempt-to-turning-it-on/td-p/3469088
Relevancy 86%

I have a BlueTooth speaker that sometimes I will connect to my PC for listening to music. If I don't disconnect the speaker from Windows, then turning on that speaker will turn on the computer if it's off. The power management tab for the Bluetooth USB "dongle" is disabled; I've checked all the drivers are up-to-date but still can't figure it out. Are their any other settings I might be missing, or any other method to prevent this?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/54583-turning-bluetooth-devices-turns-pc.html
Relevancy 86%

almost immediately after turning on my computer (about 2 seconds) it turns itself off... any help or ideas would be great... thanks

A:Computer Turns Off Immediately After Turning On

First thing I would check is clogged fans or Ram covered in dirt causing overheat and shut down.
Next, Power supply. Pretty cheap. See if you can switch it with another.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118852/computer-turns-off-immediately-after-turning-on/
Relevancy 86%

My tower is a hp envy 750 the problem is when I turn it on it starts normal but when it continues the screen just turns black but the tower is still on

Relevancy 86%

Gateway M- I start up the laptop and at different times up to mins later and as early as seconds later it shuts off It doesnt matter if im starting up windows or in bios setup it shuts turns on off, turning shortly Laptop after off my only clue is that after a Laptop turns off, shortly after turning on long period of not trying it If I start it up then I get the longest powered-on times and shorter every time after that That leads me to believe it is a heat problem Another note is that this gateway has always had heat issues a single fan to cool everything Before this happened while using the computer it maxes out the fan speed and then reduces the power to compensate which even though this computer can run some good games about mins into the game or less the framerate gets cut from to usually along those lines Anyways I m looking for suggestions could it be something else that doesn t involve removing the heatsink and fan and applying new thermal compound or should I probably just do that and see where I m at Also if anyone knows of a quick bootable heat monitor program that would probably work The bios is very bare no temp listing and even in windows I could only see the temps never control the fans nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-off-shortly-after-turning-on.1116549/
Relevancy 86%

I had a blue screen prior to this problem (three consecutive actually) that said something about a driver issue. I've striped the computer down piece by piece and tried booting it up until i got to the, CPU, Mobo, 2GB of Ram, and my 1000watt psu (Overkill I know) still I get the same dammed problem. Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:Computer turns on for 2 seconds, then shuts down, repeat

Update

I took all the ram stick out AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM! I'm not going to lie in my noobness I might have pulled a stick out earlier why the computer was on so that might of done it..... any help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-for-2-seconds-then-shuts-down-repeat.154104/
Relevancy 86%

About two weeks ago when turning on my laptop entered my password and the desktop a for seconds Windows Taskbar few white turns 7 showed shortly after my taskbar turned white and the turned back to its normal colour again The same thing happened to me Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds again this day I use the windows basic theme where the taskbar is light blue-ish So shortly after the taskbar has finished loading its switched from the light blue colour to white for a few seconds then turns back to the light blue colour again Also i've been noticing - small flashes on my screen over the past three weeks Norton malwarebytes and all my other detection programs dont show any infections Another thing id like to mention is that when typing an email in gmail my drafts folder shortly after typing showed drafts it usually shows drafts while typing the email So after sending the email and emptying the drafts folder Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds gmail kept making two drafts on its own even though i was typing further email No suspicious activity was shown i gmail no unknown ip adresses Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds no unknown login dates times The gmail thing could be a glitch Just wanted to explain all the odd things thats been happening Any thoughts DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files x Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP On Screen Display HPOSD exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP CoolSense CoolSense exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program F... Read more

A:Windows 7 Taskbar turns white for a few seconds

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/520240 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520240/windows-7-taskbar-turns-white-for-a-few-seconds/
Relevancy 86%

Monitor switches off seconds after computer turns on

Hi,
Last night i returned to my computer and the screen was black (orange light) I then moved mouse and pressed keyboard and though the light changed to green the screen was still black.

I turned the machine off and started it up again- the monitor worked for first seconds then switches black (green light still on). I've tried this several times and the same thing occurs. I changed monitors and it still happens.

Does anyone know what is happening? How can i fix it? Please help!

CYPS

A:Monitor switches off seconds after computer turns on- Please HELP

check your setup to see that all cables are properly and firmly attached.

what kind of computer is it? (be specific as possible) do you know of any recent changes that have occurred?

if your warranty is still valid, contact the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-switches-off-seconds-after-computer-turns-on-please-help.37454/
Relevancy 86%

I got a Sony Vaio SVE1712Q1EW laptop
So yesterday night I turned off my laptop by shutting down normally, today morning I turn on my laptop to see there is no display then the laptop turns off after 20-30 secs without me doing anything. The HDD and WIFI LED is lights up and can also hear the fan when I turn it on. I tried holding down the power button for a minute with no battery or power cord attached still no luck. I tried using a external monitor still the same problem. So I don't know what the problem is.

last time this sort of thing happened was when my ram stick was not attached properly, but that time the laptop will turn off straight away so I know it's not the ram sticks.

A:Laptop no display on boot then turns off 20 seconds later.

Originally Posted by AbdulSami1310

last time this sort of thing happened was when my ram stick was not attached properly, but that time the laptop will turn off straight away so I know it's not the ram sticks.

Check the ram sticks anyway.

Rich

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58108-laptop-no-display-boot-then-turns-off-20-seconds-later.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello I got myself a video card lt ASUS turns new and 5 Card Installed seconds PC off Video after GeForce MB AGP gt I pluged it in When I turn the PC on the monitor is in standby orange led all fans start I can t hear any beeps and after seconds it suddenly turns off My system is ASUS P V X-X motherboard Intel pentium GHZ x DDR DVD-RW GB HDD ASUS GeForce Floppy fans one on the CPU and a smaller one My first guess was that my W no name PSU couldn t handle it But then I tried the videocard on another PC with a W PSU and it worked like a charm When I put the card and the PSU the W one on my system it turns off again What I tried so far - update bios - reset bios load defaults - unpluged everything except videocard and HDD My system works perfectly without the videocard When I put the videocard in it turns off Could anyone help me nbsp

A:Installed new Video Card and PC turns off after 5 seconds

Does the 6600 need a power cable connected to it from the power supply? If so, have you connected it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-video-card-and-pc-turns-off-after-5-seconds.131695/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I m having trouble with two of my desktops Desktop Problem When all cords and such are plugged in I press the power button The desktop turns on for about - seconds and then HELP! restarts turns repeatedly, black turns on to on and screen Desktop other restarts The bios doesn t flash the os doesn t boot As far as I can tell the desktop restarts indefinitely Any ideas what s going on here --Desktop Type HP Pavilion a W I found someone with a similar problem here Desktop Problem HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen I bought some M Dust Remover a few days ago I disconnected power along with everything else from a desktop of mine Pulled the cover off and started blowing the dust out of the case I put everything back together plugged it in and the desktop doesn t work It boots to a blank screen with the the power and hard drive led s stuck on on the front of the desktop The led on the back of the power supply turns on I can hear the hard drive spin up it detects the cd dvd drives floppy drive and then just hangs with the led s stuck on Anyone have an idea what might be going on here --Desktop Type Compaq Presario S NX Thanks for the help I m hoping to get atleast one of these back online w o buying a whole new desktop -Chris nbsp

A:HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen

Hi&#8230;.

Desktop 1:

Do you see anything on your screen at all while this is happening?

Have you tried to press the setup key to see if the BIOS will come up and make changes?

Do you have any USB devices (other than keyboard or mouse) hooked up? If so, try disconnecting them and see if it will at least POST or attempt to go into the OS.

WARNING: Before checking the capacitors, disconnect the power cord on your system and press & hold the POWER button to allow the power to discharge! Also, you should always ground yourself before touching computer components to prevent static discharge!

Just FYI, some of the motherboards in this series of HP&#8217;s have issues with the capacitors.

You should take a look at the capacitors to see if the tops of them are raised or discolored. Also, if you put your finger on the top of the capacitors, they should feel as if they are INDENTED and not flush or raised. Raising or discoloration (up to and including a black tar looking substance on the tops indicate a leaking capacitor).

Desktop 2:

Any POST sounds (beeps) produced at all?

Have you tried the monitor from Desktop 1 on this one?

Anything at all displayed on the monitor, to include CHECK CABLE message?

Recommendation: Open the case again and ensure that all the cards, memory, drive cables and so forth are all connect properly and not loose or dislodged.

Do you know how to RESET your BIOS to default using the onboard jumpers?

Here is a detailed link on troubleshooting this issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&rule=4566&lang=en

Thanks and keep us up-to-date!

Shane

Found another good link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...788&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-desktop-turns-on-and-restarts-repeatedly-other-turns-on-to-black-screen.666195/
Relevancy 85.14%

well when i turn on my laptop it turns off by its self, the farest i went was to the screen that says like starting disk clean up press space to continue i pressed space turnt off again, ive looked at all the ram no dust on it, hard drive is pritty much new

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-laptop-turns-off-after-turning-on.147616/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi there, i have some issues with my monitor (awhhh).

It's working fine like 10-20-30 minutes and then it's turning off (for no reason) while the cumputer is running and the flash/button goes pink. I don't know what's this colour stands for. Blue is when the monitor is active, yellow is when the monitor is turn to sleep and when i shut down my computer, but PINK? What's that, anyone?

The monitor is turning OFF, not in a sleep mode or something.
I must remove the cable and push back in every 20 minutes. That's wrong.

Maybe it's the cabel, maybe something with drivers and stuff...i don't know.

HELP!

please anyone....it's my moms monitor and she's gonna kill me, i blew it up.

Thanks.

Flux333

Relevancy 84.71%

I have a lenovo laptop its about a year old and it when I turn it on all the boot lights come on then after about 10 secons it turns off nothing boots to the screen. ive tried to boot with just the battery and the same thing happens. The charge lights on the battery show it has a full charge. I would really like some help with this before I have to take it in if its just something simple to fix.

A:Laptop boots all boot lights come on for 10 seconds then turns off

Which model of Lenovo? What is the configuration? Hard drive brand and size, memory, connection?
Has it had any impact while the computer was powered up?
Lenovo laptops are usually among the most reliable, but there are a couple of models that need work.
Try booting to safe mode to see if there is a difference. As soon as you press the <ON> button, press the <F8> key repeatedly once per second. If it works, you will boot to a low resolution screen that is a bit difficult to read. That will tell us a few useful things about what do to next.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boots-all-boot-lights-come-on-for-10-seconds-then-turns-off.135929/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, the problem I am having is really getting on my nerves. When the power button is pressed, the comp turns on for about 4 seconds than turns off (no beeps coming from mobo). After it shuts off it turns on indefinitely with no display. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

A:Newly built comp turns on for about 3 seconds then restarts

What motherboard are you running and what is the rest of your setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-comp-turns-on-for-about-3-seconds-then-restarts.165051/
Relevancy 84.71%

Ok can anybody please help me to figure out how to get my monitor to stop blinking off after 2 seconds. Wht i mean is just 2weeks ago if i turn on my computer it will load but at start up the screen will turn black after to seconds. Meaning i can hear everything in the background i just cant see anything b/c the monitor blinks out and the only way to see the display i would have to hit the power swicth on the monitor on and off every 2 seconds b/c thats how long the display lasts....someone please help b/c i just recently bought this monitor in 2009 b/c the original monitor that came with my 2006 computer went out.

Relevancy 84.71%

hi id really appreciate some advice if anyone can help..

Im fixing my friends old sat pro laptop , at first its only problem was the hard drive had an error, so i partitioned it and began installing XP on the new partition

Part way through the install the laptop just shut down, and now it wont restart for more than a few seconds and I have to remove then reinsert the battery each time i want it to power up. The most i get is the toshiba screen for a few seconds.

Ive already reset the bios by removing battery , removed memory sticks and hard drive and still nothing.

it was working fine until i began instaling xp

i know its old but were poor! any ideas would bereally appreciated before i have to tell my friend ive ruined his laptop

thanks

A:toshiba sat pro spa40 wont boot, turns off after 5 seconds

What you did will not reset the Bios.

Can you get into the Bios ? Try tapping the Esc key to do so, it may be one of the F keys if that doesn't work.

What happens if you switch on without the battery connected ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-sat-pro-spa40-wont-boot-turns-off-after-5-seconds.1048080/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello out there I recently bought a brand new computer as well as a new Monitor Asus VN H Yesterday while playing CS GO my screen suddenly turned gray for seconds then blue for about seconds then it turned black looked like the screen was turned off for about seconds as well After the seconds the screen worked again and I could continue playing This happened two times to me last night Today when I turned on my computer it did not boot the screen turned blue like yesterday but this time it was only blue not gray or black and it was stuck with the blue screen No cursor nothing but the blue I could not do anything so I turned off my computer by holding blue for black seconds) turns (malfunctions 10-30 Screen and down the power button After seconds i turned on my computer This time it turned on almost properly this time it went Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds) black with blue figures for like seconds but afterwards it booted as it should This time i opened World Of Warcraft After minutes of gaming the screen suddenly turned blue again for seconds then black for - seconds and after that it worked again although Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds) some of my quot spells quot were missing Similar to what happened while I played CS GO yesterday This problem is really annoying especially since my computer is brand new The specs is Processor Intel Core i - k CPU GHz Installed memory RAM GB DDR MHZ HYPER-X KINGSTON System type -bit Operating system GPU GB GTX MSI TWINFROZR OVERCLOCKED DUALFAN Harddisk GB HARDDISK RPM SATA G I have tried to search the web for this problem but I was not able to find anyone who had a similar problem therefore I'm asking you guys for help since this is really annoying Thanks in advance Nylokke

A:Screen turns blue and black (malfunctions for 10-30 seconds)

Have a read of this
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
even though it may not be a true BSOD the files the tool collects may give us some indication of goings on

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/305937-screen-turns-blue-black-malfunctions-10-30-seconds.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I ve had this problem occur once before but it fixed itself after I removed the power cable and reinserted My computer will start up I hear the hard drive start to spin all internal fans start up then the computer turns itself off after anywhere between - seconds then turns itself back on after seconds again and repeats the cycle I don t think it s a faulty PSU as I have a TV tuner card with a LED which stays on at all times I think it may be a problem with the graphics card as before this problem began occurring the computer crashed twice while on a resource-heavy game then repeats turns off, seconds, 3-10 Computer starts, between waits BSOD d with a memory error I ve tried starting with the hard drive unplugged and nothing happened differently minus the lack of the drive indicator light I can t remove the graphics card at the moment but I ll try ASAP I ve also tried removing Computer starts, waits between 3-10 seconds, turns off, repeats my TV tuner card but that also made no difference The only modification I ve made to my motherboard is to flash it with a more updated BIOS however that was several months ago and no problems occurred then Specs MB Gigabyte P -DS P rev CPU Intel Core Q RAM x DDR MB generic Graphics card nVidia GeForce GT HDD Western Digital G SATAII Optical drive LG DVD Burner Edit Forgot to mention it never gets to POST it appears to restart just beforehand Edit Occasionally it will stay on to emit a series of beeps I can t tell if they are long or short though I assume they are short meaning there s something wrong with my power supply I ll check it out with a friend of mine nbsp

A:Computer starts, waits between 3-10 seconds, turns off, repeats

What type of PSU you got? That 8600 is pretty low powered and should only take about bout 350/400w min. Also, is your grfx card the 512mb version or the 1gb version? Also, the crashing during resource heavy games may be due to the 2gb of RAM. Most resource heavy games these days require at the very least 4gb of RAM, as they are >resource heavy< games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-starts-waits-between-3-10-seconds-turns-off-repeats.131747/
Relevancy 84.71%

im using an ethernet bridged connection but the 'local area connection' only stays enabled for about 3 seconds before disconnecting again. This is happening constantly, on off, on off, on off! How do i keep it connected? What the hell is it doing? (using vista buisness)

A:local area connection works for 3 seconds then turns off!

check the pwr settings in device manager for the network card and check the advanced pwr features. Try resetting the nic card. What does ipconfig show.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-works-for-3-seconds-then-turns-off-263438.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Somtimes I turn it on and it stays on for about three seconds then turns off then on for another three seconds somtimes the lights are very dim red and the fan barly spins and most of the time it dosnt even turn on. Will this happend to me about three month ago and one day it just started working normally but now its been broken for a while and I tried to fix the power button I seen that was the problem on some forums but that didn't work I tried alot of things but nothing seems to work and just turned it off one day and it stopped working so i dont know if its the power source but just give me something to try please.

A:My comp turns on for 5seconds and turns off or dosnt turn on at all

Have you tried checking on the fan/ ventilation? i use to have this problem with my P3. fan was jam with debris/ dust. when i boot up, it was fine, once i go in to window it freeze. After i got the fan moving (cleaning the dust) it works fine.

Hope it works for you.

Oh, Zenosincks mght have a point there too. Thought my experience was on the CPU. Cheers,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-comp-turns-on-for-5seconds-and-turns-off-or-dosnt-turn-on-at-all.99341/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello to who will help me days ago i got this annoying problem explorer keeps on shutting down and restarting every seconds seconds on error 14 desktop. every winlogin explorer Solved: . off turns or so all icons disapear then come back again and again and again but the background still is there I Solved: desktop. explorer turns on off every 14 seconds . winlogin error now shut down explorer through task manager and open things up through it as well the internet is fine apps run fine just explorer doesen t in event viewer I get Solved: desktop. explorer turns on off every 14 seconds . winlogin error hundreds of errors all saying the same thing about quot winlogon quot at the same interval seconds I have found a couple of similar threads here but not quite enough to help in quot event viewer application quot I keep getting this warning Event Type Information Event Source Winlogon Event Category None Event ID Date -Apr- Time PM User N A Computer UPSTAIRS Description The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer exe was restarted For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp My HJT file is Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on -Apr- Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Solved: desktop. explorer turns on off every 14 seconds . winlogin error WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www news com au qld html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - E Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run ScanSoft OmniPage SE -reminder quot E canon ScanSoft OmniPageSE Ereg Ereg exe quot -r quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ScanSoft OmniPageSE Ereg ereg ini quot O - HKLM Run tsnp std C WINDOWS tsnp std exe O - HKLM Run TPP Auto Loader C WINDOWS TPPALDR EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run snp std C WINDOWS vsnp std exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot E QuickTime Alternative qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE -startup O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot E canon ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system d... Read more

A:Solved: desktop. explorer turns on off every 14 seconds . winlogin error

fixed it, I had to reformat computer seem as I couldn't get answer from anywhere
cheers to all those that looked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-desktop-explorer-turns-on-off-every-14-seconds-winlogin-error.708004/
Relevancy 82.99%

Today i got this Gateway W350a T-Series T-1625 Notebook,
the client told me tha it just stopped working .
so i turn her on an the fan starts for about 3 seconds the lights
turn on too but then she turns off the screen stays black because
it turns off so quick has anybody had this issue before ?Im going
to take her apart and make sure everything is ok inside but im allways
looking for advised.

Thanks for any help in advanced

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-turns-off-for-a-quick-second-than-turns-off.1044369/
Relevancy 82.99%

My computer turns off then pressed again and turns on fine. This maybe due i went cheap and got a psu with case but i believe it needs to warm up for it to turn on.

Thanks for the help!

Relevancy 82.99%

I just swapped my PSU and GPU with RMA ones, swapped out all power cables with new ones and reconnected everything.Tested PSU by itself. It works.It was working prior to me taking out the parts for RMA, but one of those hardware were causing shut-downs.Now when I push the button power after putting in the new parts and connecting everything, it'll start up then stays shut off with the 2 phase LEDs lit up. A green and a yellow.Any suggestions to what the problem is?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158604.0.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I am using kaspersky internet suite and disabled windows firewall. The problem is that turning the windows firewall off turns the pulic/home file/printer sharing and network discovery on.

Turning on or off these settings starts the firewall.

Disabling the firewall service permanently allows file sharing and network discovery for both public and home network,which cannot be turned off.

I tried uninstalling kasperksky but nothing has changed.

Is this how windows works? or is it just my machine?

A:Turning off windows firewall turns on file sharing & network discovery

I have the exact problem. I have tried with cmd in admin mode the "netsh advfirewall set AllProfiles state off" command but it didn't change anything, same behaviour. I have unchecked the file and printer sharing in local area and wireless properties.

Have you found a solution to it until now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114041-turning-off-windows-firewall-turns-file-sharing-network-discovery.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Satellite x - Core Duo T Original MB MB Memory MHZ MB VRAM Replaced Kingston Kingston KVR D S G I have this x Original GB GB Harddisk Drive RPM SATA Replaced Only HDD left other one I will get back in days WSXGA TRUBRITE TFT Screen HD DVD-ROM Drive K Modem Lan W-Lan A G N MPixel Web Camera Bluetooth Microsoft Vista Home Premium Bit My Problem I take out the battery screen,humming 4 X200-191 Laptop sound => Satellite seconds, on turns black plug it in the power Charging light turns on I press the power button Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound power led turns on Followed by Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound the hdd led turn on which blinks real quick stays on for second then turns of The power led stays on during all the time seconds after the power button a fan starts blowing while the above mention hdd led blinks for second seconds after the fan starting to blow it turns off We are now seconds farther pretty much everything stopts except a very tiny minor humming sound I just left it on for a couple minutes sound remains nothing happens While writing this all I left it on for minutes the laptop heats op a bit the adapter gets hotter but still only the very tiny minor humming sound So my laptop works for seconds wont give any screen black screen wont load even BIOS What could be wrong Fixing Ok so I left the laptop after a couple of months being told it was dead just getting it dusty Read history to get this But since last week I figured its getting dusty I never opened a laptop before why wont I try doing that I replaced the Memory modules Slot A and B both memories same time one at a time all possible ways Since I have only HDD I used it in both slots Looks to no difference Using NO HDD I do NOT have the very tiny minor humming sound I followed a guide http www irisvista com tech to open my laptop to see what is inside Finding no lose plugs but did find a certein oil and some white paste Closing the laptop to try it out I accidently screwed a couple wrong screws in the laptop piercing the top cover of my laptop but no chips were hit during this P Yeah Im a bit to strong I should have figured using force for a couple of the screws wasnt the best thing I could do but now i know p SOOO My question while I wait for the extra old HDD getting it in days Probably making no difference What could be wrong more precisly Should I like try taking out the video card or something Is there something I should do with some soldering Any tips tricks that could work wether to fix the laptop or to narrow down the problem to a small part which i could replace BEST REGARDS Danny Visser The Netherlands History Not sure if this is any important but just to let you know if intrested what happend all to the laptop I bought the laptop at Shape Computers in the netherlands Asking this laptop mentioned above with things changed I wanted more Memory and I wanted windows XP The shop told me this was possible They bought me the laptop in they replaced the Memory with the kingston memories They installed windows XP instead of the Vista They laptop did work at this very moment So I bought the working laptop with year warranty With the folders extra given with the laptop I was able to increase my warranty from to years for free so I did After probably a couple of weeks I noticed that the laptop was getting real hot after longer usage But according to the manual this was normal I did use the laptop for gaming but also months for a gaming study So I did take it several times to school in a backpack After not using it for school anymore I reinstalled Windows Vista BIT At a very point not sure when precisly I noticed that it wouldnt turn on probably same problem as I have now but I was really relaxed about it tried it later and somehow it did work again This happend perhaps about times in total Knowing something was wrong I took it back to Shape Computers They checked it Not showin... Read more

A:Satellite X200-191 => Laptop turns on 4 seconds, black screen,humming sound

Hello

To be honest that?s a really long story and I think we can?t help you here and tell you what the problem is exactly because it?s just an user to user forum. I think you need professional help from notebook technicians, they can check what the problem is.

According your posting I think it?s a hardware malfunction, maybe the mainboard but this must be checked from professional technicians.

You should contact an authorized service provider in your country. You can find a list of them here:
http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com > Support & Downloads > Find an authorized service provider

I?m sure everything you can clarify with the ASP. The guys are really friendly and do a good job.

Good luck! :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?57505-Satellite-X200-191-Laptop-turns-on-4-seconds-black-screen-humming-sound
Relevancy 82.13%

I just recently installed a new mobo, Ram, PSU, Cpu into my dads old computer, turned it on isntalled windows everything worked fine, now when we shut it down wait like 5 seconds it turns back on.... What is causing this, And how do i fix this?

A:Turns Back On

Sounds like it hardware rather than software, If you check your motherboard there should be anywhere between 6 and 8 contacts which attach to your on button, reset switch and LED's, if they're wired up incorrectly then that could well be your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turns-back-on.619083/
Relevancy 81.27%

i go to turn my pc off but then 2 seconds later its already booted itself back up. however, sometimes the pc does shut down without any problems. im thinking it may have something to do with the power shorting itself out. help

A:PC turns itself back on when i have just turned it off

Get into the BIOS and make sure things like "Wake on LAN", "Wake on Ring", etc. are disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turns-itself-back-on-when-i-have-just-turned-it-off.1149977/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello everybody I have recently experienced this issue with my PC When my monitor automatically shuts off after certain time as I have set in windows - I Can't after back PC into get turns off monitor can wake the monitor by moving mouse or pressing keys The mouse and keyboard both work just fine and shine all around since Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off they are both from ROCCAT BUT When the monitor is automatically off for a couple of minutes thats Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off when the things get weird The monitor wakes up but it shines black if you know what I mean I may add a photo if I Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off can reproduce Turning the monitor off and on again by button doesn't help The mouse and keyboard both stop shining Moving mouse and pushing buttons does nothing Repluging mouse and keyboard doesn't make any change not even windows sound of pluging in an usb However the computer itself is still on the fans are working and the front LEDs are shining just the green one actually I also have my TV connected to the PC via HDMI and switching the input on it just shows quot No signal quot Thanks for any ideas

A:Can't get back into PC after monitor turns off

see if hibernation is on maybe a problem with that. try turning it off if it is on to test. Hibernate - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361883-cant-get-back-into-pc-after-monitor-turns-off.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My PC has decided to turn itself back on straight after I shut it down, as if shut down counts as restart. I've looked in the BIOS, power options etc, and see no reason for it doing this. Wake on Lan is disabled, 'reboot on error' option is disabled.
I get the same problem when holding down the power button to turn it off too.
This has been happening to months, and i'm sick of it now. The amount of power that it must have drained from being left on is ridiculous.

Any ideas?

A:Computer turns itself back on

Courtesy of Howard, take a look at this - http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-itself-back-on.90166/
Relevancy 81.27%

hello there i recently updated my computer from the support center and XP then back firewall Win on turns off, then noticed that my firewall was being turned off upon restart then it would turn back on heres what happens in order Computer turns on AVG loads into tray does not have firewall with program skype loads Indexing loads search bar Win XP firewall turns off, then back on then it hangs for a few seconds then tells me my firewall if turned off sheild with x in the center then tells me to go to the settings and turn it on i go to the securty place and it says its off and wont let me turn it back on because of an error then my internet connections wireless and local load up and then my firewall if turned back on keep in mind this all takes place in a matter of approximately two minutes i have scanned my computer with Malware anti-bytes and AVG anti-virus and also ran Super anti-spyware they all came up with nothing ran all in safe mode as well and still came up with nothing i have tried many things to attempt to fix this problem please help even if its nothing to worry about i would still like to know why this is happening thank you

A:Win XP firewall turns off, then back on

Considering the firewall doesn't actually do anything until there's a network connection, I don't really see the issue. The firewall service would, and should, only kick on when there's a network connection to monitor. Now if it didn't turn on when the network connections came up, you should worry, but I don't see anything to concern yourself over here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-firewall-turns-off-then-back-on-660554.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys, i really did not know what this would come under, my PC turns its self back on after i put it into Sleep mode I really do not know what could cause this, any ideas?? will appreciate them all thanks,
Regards,
Andrew

A:My PC always turns back after put on sleep :(

How to Fix a Computer that Keeps Waking Up

Stop the mouse from waking up the PC

Mice, especially, wireless mice, can sometimes wake the PC up. In fact, there is a specific setting to allow this. If the mouse turns out to be a problem, you can change the setting with this procedure:Open the Start menu and type “mouse” (without quotes) in the Search bar
Under the Control Panel list, click “Mouse” (or just press Enter in Vista)
In the dialog box that opens, select the tab “Hardware”
Highlight the entry for your mouse and click the button “Properties”
A new dialog will open. Click the button “Change settings”
In the new dialog that opens, click the tab “Power Management”
Remove the check by “Allow this device to wake the computer”
Click “OK” and close the dialogs.
Stop a network card from waking up the PC

From what I read, a network card is the most common source of wake-up problems and that was the cause of my own computer never staying asleep. Here is how to configure a network card:Open Device Manager. There are many ways to do this but a quick way is to enter “dev” (without quotes) in the Start search bar and click “Device Manager”
Expand the list for “Network adapters”
Right-click the adapter to be configured and choose “Properties”. There may be several adapters, one for Ethernet, one for wireless, and others like Bluetooth
In the dialog that opens, click the tab “Power Management”
Remove the check by “Allow this device to wake the computer”
Click “OK” and close up Device Manager
Scheduled tasks , updates, and other causes

Sometimes a task or Windows Update is scheduled for a specific time and will wake up the computer. Dealing with these and other possibilities are discussed at this link.

Use the command line to find what causes the PC to wake up

One way to find out what is causing a wake-up problem is provided by the command line. Open a command prompt with elevated privileges and enter this command:

powercfg –lastwake

The last device that woke up the system will be shown
To find out which devices are enabled to wake up the PC, enter this command

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Hope this helps!

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307802-my-pc-always-turns-back-after-put-sleep.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all,

For a while now, my parents computer has been switching itself back on, but only as long as its connected to the net. Can anyone think of a reason its been happening? They're running XP with SP2 or 3 (Not entirely sure which)

Thanks,
Matthew

A:Computer turns itself back on

Have them download malwarebytes anti spyware and also spybot and run them.
Eliminate malware, by then someone may have another idea.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-turns-itself-back-on-376382.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My friend's Dell Inspiron laptop is set to turn off the monitor after 10 minutes. Once that happens, we cannot get the screen to come back on again, hitting any keys or mouse buttons, or even tapping the power button, does not do it. It is not asleep or hibernating, the power light is lit and hard drive is spinning. Have to force a shutdown.

I know I can tell it to just not turn off the monitor, but I'm wondering if anyone has come across this and found a fix.

Thanks

A:Screen turns off, will come back on

did he recently upgrade the network or wifi drivers?

If so uninstall them

reboot system

and let windows reload its recommendations and test it. Let the screen blank out and then move the mouse..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/24827-screen-turns-off-will-come-back.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I hope I m Firewall by off and itself on back turns not breaching any protocol with my post I did read through the rules and the tips and tricks but I couldn t find any information that would shed light on the problem I m having A few months ago I was plagued with a virus that kept trying to get me to run a false virus scan on my PC I was able to clean up my system but apparently I Firewall turns off and back on by itself didn t clean everything up The problem I m having now is that my PC runs slower than it did before during both general use and internet use Also my firewall turns off by itself I know this because the windows security icon pops up Firewall turns off and back on by itself in the task bar and tells me but wait Usually within a minute my firewall turns back on by itself I say within a minute because usually by the time I click on the security alert and reach windows security center it turns back on To make this clear - I see in the security center where my firewall is off and I see the alert change from off to on - from red to green I m at my wits end with this thing because I have tried everything I know to do I have run numerous virus scans malwarebytes super anti-spyware spyware doctor ad-aware Iobit security spybot s amp d counterspy combofix smithfraud all the Vundo removers I could find and others I have Firewall turns off and back on by itself tried running them with system restore off with hidden files shown in folder options and I have run them all in both normal and safe mode I am running windows xp media center edition version windows service pack I would appreciate any help or insight anyone could give me I know I could reformat my PC but that would have to be the last of my last resorts Again I apologize if I ve breeched any protocol or broke any rules but I am desperate I have this one PC and it has become essential to my work but also to my wife and children s recreation Thanks Hoon

A:Firewall turns off and back on by itself

Hello,At this point I suggest you follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300079/firewall-turns-off-and-back-on-by-itself/
Relevancy 80.41%

After my display is turned off do to inactivity the display begins to flicker and presists through reboots. I can not reproduce the issue under windows 7.

Has anyone else seen this and is there anything I can do about it.

Note** I have installed the beta release of the NVIDIA drivers for Windows 8.

A:Screen flickering after turns back on

Originally Posted by tstaffo

After my display is turned off do to inactivity the display begins to flicker and presists through reboots. I can not reproduce the issue under windows 7.

Has anyone else seen this and is there anything I can do about it.

Note** I have installed the beta release of the NVIDIA drivers for Windows 8.

I'd like to revive this question. I have a Dell Latitude E6510, i7 Q740 8GB DDR3, Nvidia NVS3100 Video card running Windows 8 Pro x64. I updated the drivers to Nvidia's current 302.82 WHQL. Whenever my screen, when it is screen locked, the display is disabled. As soon as I resume, the screen comes back on and I get a harsh flicker for about 4-5 minutes until it fades away. I didn't get this in WIN 7 either.

Anybody have any input on this?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/7074-screen-flickering-after-turns-back.html
Relevancy 80.41%

My XP SP2 system is getting stuck after the monitor turns off for no activity.

The keyboard and mouse will not get the login screen or desktop back. In fact the keyboard is "dead" - toggling CapsLock does not light/unlight the KB led.

But the system is not hung. I can ping it from another system, and I can access shared folders over the network.

I tried plugging in a USB mouse - got a lot of disk activity but still can not get system back.

Only recovery is to power cycle.

I've searched the forums and net but can't find anything that looks relevant.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 80.41%

This system was turning off and on now that my friend updated the OS system registered and sp to sp blew out all interior dust maybe heat issue and added mb tolaling gb still moves slow Now it will stay on while in normal turns on back down System shutting when status good thing but recycles back ON when I System turns back on when shutting down want to turn it off What would be the next step Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Status Genuine Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A Windows Product Key - -PHRW - KXG-VPMTP Windows Product Key Hash l N MskFBYRuOhFIE jctHJLes Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version pro ID E FC D-A - - B-BC B A C Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX Registered Signed By Microsoft Product Name N A Architecture N A Build lab N A TTS Error N A Validation Diagnostic D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A Version N A Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Blocked VLK Microsoft Publisher - Genuine Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage - Blocked VLK OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E FC D-A - - B-BC B A C lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt pro lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -VPMTP lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt VIA Technologies Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VT - lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt PG lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot WgaLogon dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - D - CFE- C quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Publisher lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt BABFAAD C D B lt Val gt lt Hash gt SEishkJimZrBR u NT CIf yg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Product GUID quot - - D - CFE- C quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt F C B lt Val gt lt Hash gt iCnywwNW w s ukTIwGMGxyGic lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version ... Read more

A:System turns back on when shutting down

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure, and then click OK.

have you installed Roxio Easy CD Creator or Direct CD? if so remove them.

reply if it works or not... if it shows any error state that error here...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-turns-back-on-when-shutting-down.1006554/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi you guys I'm having horrible computer problems This happened quot after quot comes then and back black turns Computer On on and Comes I loaded Computer Comes On and then turns black and comes back on up the new driver booster I've used Advanced System Care for a few Computer Comes On and then turns black and comes back on years and I just would hate not to have it I upgraded to the Advanced System Care and it asked if I wanted the driver booster I did and it loaded up a couple of new drivers After that my computer started locking up on me Then I turned it off and turned the computer back on and it came on just fine but after the welcome the screen goes black for about a minute then comes back on to windows It takes a long long time like fifteen minutes to get everything warmed up so that I can go on the web My web is plenty fast plenty but it locks up if I am more than one page I use to be able to have three or four tabs open doing many things this is driving me nuts I've tried uninstalling the driver booster and also I've done a system restore and other things trying to fix this I don't know what driver it installed and I'm no expert on computers I don't know what to do

A:Computer Comes On and then turns black and comes back on

Hello Ivvy.. Welcome to the Forums, I would use a restore pt and go back to when it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/311119-computer-comes-then-turns-black-comes-back.html
Relevancy 80.41%

hi, does anyone know why when i have had my comp on for quite a while, now and again when i turn it off, it automatically restarts, then i turn off again then it restarts again, the only way sometimes to turn off is to hold button in, to reset, i got win xp, but that ainīt the prob i donīt think, if anyone knows why this happens please let me know, this does not happen all the time, but most times, canīt figure it out,

Relevancy 80.41%

I left my laptop running fine last night and Win7 turns off my display after 5 mins of inactivity. So when I woke up in the morning the screen was black, the problem is that I cannot do anything with the laptop anymore. Pressing keyboard keys or moving the mouse doesn't make the display go back as it used to be. I can also see that the HDD LED activity light is not flashing anymore. The laptop obviously froze so I had to hard reboot. This is not normal, what could be causing it? I tried looking at Event Viewer and I found nothing suspicious, there was the "expected" Kernel-Power error stating that the shutdown was unexpected, simply because I had to hard reboot. Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A:Win7 x64 turns off the screen and cannot go back

Can you get to safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109164-win7-x64-turns-off-screen-cannot-go-back.html