Windows Support Forum

How do I clear the CMOS and get my HP Pavilion dv 9543 cl notebook running right

Q: How do I clear the CMOS and get my HP Pavilion dv 9543 cl notebook running right

My HP Pavilion dv cl notebook has two Hitachi hard drives Windows Vista HP is currently indicated to be mounted on Disk whereas the original Disk is now designated to be Disk This inversion with respect to location of running How notebook HP my right 9543 CMOS do dv cl I Pavilion and the get clear Windows Vista HP bit being on Disk O original is related to my installation How do I clear the CMOS and get my HP Pavilion dv 9543 cl notebook running right of Ubuntu on a Gb partition on the former storage disk followed by installation of the grub dual boot software and subsequent installation How do I clear the CMOS and get my HP Pavilion dv 9543 cl notebook running right of g-parted partitioning software I was able to dual boot to Windows Vista HP or Ubuntu various versions for several years and because I eventually recognized that Windows Vista was working satisfactorily it did not bother me to continue such practice However I decided that I would update Windows if I could but I didn't know how to remove Ubuntu properly Eventually I attempted to rectify my poor decisions by erasing the Ubuntu partition unfortunately this left residual grub traces of software on one of my hard drives and that is one of the reasons for my present predicament I had created a Hiren's boot disk prior to doing the above partition removal I have never before tried to use this disk software so I tried several options none of which seemed to do what I thought I wanted to do namely fix my boot manager and restart the CMOS system so the file organization on each of the partitions would be put back in proper order as I am unable to open many files see later test on either Disk or Disk By the way partitions c and e originally d are now indicated to be on Disk while partition d originally e is indicated to be on Disk The former Ubuntu partition is now erased reformatted as the extension of Disk originally Disk x When power is turned on the following message appears error no such partition Entering rescue mode grub rescue gt blinking underline When power is turned on while depressing F Ctr key s Phoenix Bios Setup Utility appears with only column Diagnostics which allows the following tests Primary Hard Disk Self Test both quick and extended tests passed Secondary - Memory Test - passed With Hiren's boot disk in the CD DVD drive while turning power on the computer starts and I can log on the desktop appears with two icons computer and recycle bin are displayed The following message shortly pops up C Windows system config systemprofile Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable It could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a network Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or that you are connected to the Internet or your network and then try again If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location OK I can bring up the Control Panel gt System which displays System type -bit Operating System Computer name xxx Workgroup yyy Windows is activated Product ID x -OEM-y - By performing a search of c control panel system the icons for all the original files and folders reappear on the Desktop but none can be opened On the other hand many of the folders in folders like Documents Pictures etc can be opened and modified I just cannot figure out how to clear the CMOS When inspecting the pcsupport about com section dealing with starting problems I eventually came across a key combination I have forgotten which which enabled me to enter that portion of the BIOS accessible via depressing the F key during the start-up procession Unfortunately I could not figure out how to restart the CMOS clearing procedure I need some insightful assistance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612053/how-do-i-clear-the-cmos-and-get-my-hp-pavilion-dv-9543-cl-notebook-running-right/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I clear the CMOS and get my HP Pavilion dv 9543 cl notebook running right

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 19.78%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone,

This happened couple days ago when my laptop started to act like crazy.. It used to freeze but two days ago it shuts down when I'm in the middle of doing something like Photoshop.. It even shut down while posting this thread once..
I thought it'd be a problem with the windows so I installed a fresh one but yet the problem is not solved..
And after some search on internet I came up with some apps like HDD and CPUID Monitor and here's a snapshot of the scan, and I wish someone of TECHSPOT family would help, that'll be so much appreciated..

Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hp-pavilion-shuts-down.216441/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

As the title suggest, can you clarify to me if I can run a ddr3 2133 on Gigabyte H81M-DS2 which according to the website (Gigabyte) that it supports only up to 1600 of DDR3. I have a 4GBx2 of DDR3 2133 G-Skill, others say I can use XMP to use the advertise speed of the ram which 2133Mhz. Currently my ram is running at 1600 which the defualt speed. Will it break my system?

Thanks.

A:Gigabyte H81M-DS2 running a DDR3 2133Mhz

Anything over the specified limits will create room for error and instability. You can technically run the RAM at the rated speeds from my understanding, but it's not guaranteed that it'll work without any problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-h81m-ds2-running-a-ddr3-2133mhz.213688/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm currently in the process of trying to run three separate videos on three separate computers which are then connected to three separate projectors (sorry if this seems confusing). I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.

I've read posts about the VLC Media Player, but am not sure if it's what I need since I will be using three separate computers and then connecting to projectors.

If anyone knows of a way that I can do this either with the VLC Media Player or without I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks guys, xx

(I'm not quite sure if this should be solved with hardware or software)

A:Running three videos on separate computers simultaneously

I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.Click to expand...

almost 99.9% impossible. Whether it's streaming or simple MP4s, each system is pulling independently and every system has a unique client-host latency and will likely get out of sync almost immediately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-three-videos-on-separate-computers-simultaneously.212543/
Relevancy 20.21%

hi all just bought emachinesD620-261G16Mi MODEL NO -ms2257 from a y whos had enough of it..manufactured in 2008 she bought it and was very slow so as insurance still valid she sent it back , they had it 8 months then she got it back and still same problem press power on button and takes a while to load to desktop but then every application u click I get the little timer circle come up and everything takes ages please help .. it has
amd athlon 2650e cpu , 1gb ram ddr2 160gb harddrive please help

just to add on it now and I close an application or even a photo and I get the timer circle takes at least 30 seconds before I can click anything else . and sometimes all the icons on desktop dissapear then reappear after a while

A:Emachines running very very slow

Have you scanned for malware? (the obvious IS my speciality)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-running-very-very-slow.181026/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am trying to make some games on steam not lag the most difficult one I have to get to stop lagging is Rage and I'm looking for a processor and video card combination that wont kill my lap top. its running windows 7 ultimate with an AMD Sempron m120 2.10 GHz 4 GB ram and a 64 bit operating system. any info would help I'm sick of it taking 2 hours to drive a 4 wheeler to the first mission and then it crashing.

A:I am running an HP g61 laptop

Firstly I want a golden eagle bust, secondly don't game on a laptop, and lastly there's no way to buy a CPU (GPU just maybe with amplifiers but not worth it) for your laptop. If you want to invest money consider building a gaming desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-running-an-hp-g61-laptop.208849/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

A:Is my i7 4790k running too hot?

hellasenpai said:

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

No its actually running nice and cool so do not worry. The temp limits for that processor I believe is 105 Celcius and you are way below that. Normally you want to keep below 80c for longevity of a processor (Intel side). For instance my CPU is overclocked under liquid and Prime95 runs it up to on some cores 75C and I have a Haswell-E 5930K.

You are more than perfectly fine!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-i7-4790k-running-too-hot.206076/
Relevancy 19.35%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/
Relevancy 32.25%

Good day PC masters/expert/etc, can I ask something? about my computer, the cmos battery of my motherboard just last with in a week what should I do? need some help or tips, thanks a lot

-gaz

A:Cmos Battery Drain Fast

Gazher said:

Good day PC masters/expert/etc, can I ask something? about my computer, the cmos battery of my motherboard just last with in a week what should I do? need some help or tips, thanks a lot

-gazClick to expand...

I am not an expert. my limted experience with CMOS battery (CR2032) tells me that it will last for years. for replacement, I use energizer brand which costs less than a dollar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-drain-fast.206249/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey there I could use a little help here I have a kingston hiperx GB ram memory KHX C D B GB installed on my PC but its I something? Should 1600 ram 1333. at running hiperx do kingston running at MHz 1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something? instead of the advertised I made some digging and found out that it s not an anomaly vendor says that the card CAN run at no problem but its set by default at and I can manually set the speed if I want to Also made some digging on forums and some people say it can be done no harm there and others say it s not worth risking whatever the risk is and just let it be because I wouldn t notice the difference anyway but I have always relied on techspot for my PC issues and so I do so again Main question here is should I change it from to and if I should whats the proper way to do it If useful the other specs of my PC are ASUS A- XM A motherboard with AMD A K APU GHz and RADEON R GB DDR Video card I use it mainly for gaming view my series working and making video dvds Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me nbsp

A:1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something?

All RAM, no matter the speed, is by default clocked to 1333MHz by the CPU/motherboard/BIOS as a safety factor. There is no harm in changing it to the advertised values since it is tested to operate at that speed. All you need to do is reboot the PC and spam the BIOS key (whatever key it says on the boot splash screen). Once in there, it is hard to guide you since all BIOS are different and ASUS could have changed the location of this setting. It is usually under advanced chipset settings though. Just search around for anywhere in the BIOS stating "RAM" or the speed, "1333MHz". Once you find it, change the speed to 1600MHz.

Tell me if you cannot find this setting or need further assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1600-kingston-hiperx-ram-running-at-1333-should-i-do-something.203830/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

Quick question and I believe the answer is NO. If you have a PC with one drive where OS is already running and configured, can you add another identical drive and configure RAID 1 without having to reinstall or reformat anything?

Thanks

A:Setting up RAID 1 on already running OS drive

Hey there, pioneerx01!

Unfortunately, you can't convert a single drive into a RAID array without data loss. At least one sector will be overwritten, which will cause problems because the file system and partition information will not be correct anymore. This will lead to a lot of annoying notifications and very unpleasant problems.
However, I believe there's a chance to create RAID arrays while keeping the data but I'd strongly advise against it.
The best way to deal with this is the safe way - back up your data and properly create the RAID 1 array.

Hope this helps.
SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-raid-1-on-already-running-os-drive.205730/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone I recently mounted this new PC just listing the relevant parts - AMD FX- Eight-Core - MSI Gaming Motherboard http thepcenthusiast com msi- -gaming-am -motherboard-unleashed - G Skill Ripjaws X DDR PC - GB CL x modules of GB Dual channel in slots and at readings) Is 1600mhz? running RAM: or it (Contradictory 2133 - Win - RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) bit My motherboard specs states that I should be able to enjoy mhz memory just IF I overclock and up to mhz without it quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Nevertheless I m getting contradictory readings from different programs so I don t really know at which memory speed I am currently running I went to the BIOS to stablish the mhz via overclok settings MSI Command center is telling me I m running at Mhz x modules but the total DRAM frequency frequency reader states quot Mhz quot which is x modules I ve tried with OC Genie II both enabled an disabled from the BIOS OC Genie is the smart overcloking software from MSI Enables a slight and conservative overclock I have it enabled just in case but I don t believe it is necesarry in order to allow single manual RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) overclocks from the BIOS like memory frequency I m not looking for CPU overclock right now just to enable mhz of memory On the other hand CPU-Z states DRAM frequency at Mhz but NB RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) Frequency at Mhz So I m a little bit confused How many Mhz I m currently Running I am not supposed to have at least mhz readings without overcloking even taking in account that my motherboard quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Maybe I m reading something wrong or maybe I m not using the right tools for reading it All suggestions and ideas are welcome Thanks in advance for all the help nbsp

A:RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings)

Did you just put in the RAM and be done with it or did you go into the BIOS and set the frequencies to the advertised amount? Motherboard default the RAM to 1333MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-is-it-running-at-2133-or-1600mhz-contradictory-readings.204887/
Relevancy 32.68%

In regards to my Vista Home Premium I've had problems with it possibly due to a bad or dying CMOS battery & possibly defective battery as I posted in here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-twice-on-my-vista.202144/
The most recent time was mentioned here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-vs-ipad.203396/#post-1410844
Ok, I know I can google for info but since I trust the knowledgeable people in here, I'm asking for help because I want to find out if it'll be worth getting it fixed/repaired or getting an iPad instead.
The Vista laptop was 2nd hand
The Vista battery is VGP-BPS9/S 11. 1V/4800mAh

A:CMOS & Laptop battery

Get the laptop fixed or not? If yes, a ball park guesstimate as to how much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-laptop-battery.203425/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm wondering whether I can overclock my ASUS R500VD notebook it has an INTEL sandy bridge core I5 3210M 2.50 GHz processor 4GB (max 8) of ram running puppy linux and windows xp home edition SP2 32 bit I have benchmarked it and ill email the results to anyone who replys and gives me their email and if you're wondering why I'm running windows xp read my article in the Alternative OS section of the forums called "If all else is too hard try puppy linux" bye

A:Can I overclock my asus notebook 17"

Nope sorry, the I5 3210M isn't OC enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-my-asus-notebook-17.202019/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey there,

This is my first high end computer and first time overclocking. I'm running the i5 4670k with Geforce GTX 770 and Corsair Hydro Series H75. I overclocked the CPU too 4.3GHZ. I was running wolfenstein today and was monitoring with speed fan for my computer temperatures and noticed the CPU got up to 58c. is this normal ? or is that running to hot ?

Thanks in advanced !!

A:Is my CPU running too hot?

Yes, very normal temperature. If it's running 85C+ for an extended time and you're not using 100% CPU, then you need to start perhaps worrying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-cpu-running-too-hot.203267/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone,

I have an Hp Pavilion that I got about 2 years ago and I do play games on it. One game in general which is League of Legends. My concern is that if anyone knows about this game during teamfights when the computer is operating extensively because of all the action going on I always frame lag. My frames drop only during fights. When nothing is happening my frames are okay. As well other programs on my computer run slowly now as well like windows media player and just when I'm starting programs up on my comp. This happened now so long ago and it was a sudden change. I don't know what to try anymore. I have reformatted my comp and still the same issue. Help would be much appreciated thank you.

A:Hp Pavilion Dv7 FPS drop during games

The HP Pavilion could be over-heating. After years of use, the CPU's thermal pads and paste become hardened and this causes the CPU to run hotter and hotter causing game play to suffer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv7-fps-drop-during-games.203061/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello all,

I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately I can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error I keep receiveing in the Installation screen:

"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths I have and the available folders, I can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.

Please notice that, I've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but I always get to the same point where I have to select drivers.

Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Regards,
Adrian

A:HP Pavilion 15-n252sq - Can not install Windows over Free Dos

You may have to use a program Like KillDisk to reformat the drive. Then try installing your Win 7 DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-15-n252sq-can-not-install-windows-over-free-dos.202523/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have had a look round the posts but nothing I try stops the internal drive getting accessed.
I have unchecked the CD autorun using TweakUI (this worked for someone else)
I have temp disabled AVG along with BoostSpeed and Team Viewer
The only process running apart from sys idle is svchost.exe (1%)

I hope someone out there manages to work their magic as they did the last time I posted here!
Thanks

A:Hard drive light flashing with nearly no processes running

Sounds like the System Index service is running.

When you find that happening, disconnect from the Internet to be sure MS Update is not running or something on your system is phoning home to be sure.

To see all Internet connections from your PC, grab a copy of CurrPorts - - runas admin and you will see everything. Click on the column heading Remote Host Name to get active connections at the top if the list. The menu Options is used to customize the display; here's my list

display Listen, Established, TCP, UDP, IPv6,

display port in The Address,

sort on refresh,
Ask Before Any Action
That last one is interesting; running as admin, you can Close a port or Kill the application with that port.

CurrPorts identifies all ports on the pc (mine number 112 as I write) and if I select all ports with a Remote Address, I see I have 20 connections.

btw: Remote Addresses shown as 127.0.0.1:nnn are local services (like a proxy or AV service), so out of the 20, only two are actually remote - - both HTTP browser connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-flashing-with-nearly-no-processes-running.202265/
Relevancy 26.66%

Guys I am looking for a new notebook, and I have general idea of what I want, but I am unable to find anything comparable so far (in reasonable price range, I.e. about 1,500$). Here are the specs which I've in mind:

i7 47xx Processor
8GB RAM (or higher)
GT760M (or similar range GPU)
SSD Boot drive + 1 TB HDD
15.x 1080p display
Windows 8.x64

I have no preference for any brand, although, in last few years I've bought HP notebooks, generally because I have good connections there in case there is some issues

A:A New Notebook

Specify dual or quad core CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-new-notebook.202094/
Relevancy 19.78%

hello to all ,
I find the threads very intresting and helpfull for a gizzer guy, well here goes ,my daughter has a PP29l dell that won't power up and she ask ,dad can you fix this? so I say Let me look at it. I then went to your tech site and learded how to take it apart to fix the problem of: powers up for one moment ,fan runs then stops , no screen, according to SimonEast I'm looking for a mag sensor labled u1 but having trouble locating it . is it in the board above the two mouse pads or on the mother board or in the display screen?. as far as i can tell the small board above the pads won't remove very easily,need a little more price guidence.
thanks

A:Dell PP29L stops running after a second

What is the Service Tag or the Express Service Code number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-pp29l-stops-running-after-a-second.178562/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 25.8%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/
Relevancy 20.21%

I put together a comp. with parts of my brothers old comp. For my brother to have a new 1 ,but he wanted programs like office "which is on his old Hard drive" and my widows vista business that I have doesn't have office . So I thought maybe I could put his old hard drive as a slave drive and he would have all his old programs ,but it say's they won't run on that OS. Is there any way around this or am I better off getting office somewhere and fresh installing it ?His old Comp. was a Dell.

A:Running off slave drive

What you want to do can't be done. Has to be installed on that Windows install.

Does he really need "Microsoft Office"? because there are a few pretty solid free office suites out there, just for some of the more complex formatting causes problems sharing with people that use Microsoft Office.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-off-slave-drive.200846/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello!
Nice to be part of this great website.
How can I get rid of a radio running in the background of my PC? Please, help.

A:Running radio in the background

More info please. Operating System for starters & welcome to TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-radio-in-the-background.200549/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have recently installed a new power supply due to the fact that the other one had seen the light. Now when I try to start up the system, the POST test is just fine but then I get the message that there is a CMOS setting wrong. (See picture) The system boots in windows and everything looks okay except the fact that my mouse and keyboard are not working. Any advice on whats going on?

A:CMOS settings wrong

Did you try setting the bios to default? Or removing cmos battery for about 5 secs. ? This might reset the bios for you. This may resolve your problem. If not post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-settings-wrong.200014/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi all, a friend has a laptop running XP, the system clock resets everytime it's switched off for more than half an hour or so. I have tried three replacement CMOS batteries (and checked the voltage with a multimeter, 3V or thereabouts), no joy. I have cleaned the battery clip contacts & definitely inserted the batteries right way up, any polite suggestions please?

A:Laptop not keeping time, CMOS battery good

Have you check the bios to make sure the time is set correctly in the bios? If not windows will not keep the correct time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-keeping-time-cmos-battery-good.200032/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Guys

I recently changed my motherborad , and I have a new Graphics card and new processeur ,
Graphics Card :
-AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
-AMD Radeon HD 6470M
I used every way to update the graphics card , sometimes it appears the blue screen , and then the drivers never up to date , help me as soon please

Computer : HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC
System : Windows 7 64 bits

this is an image from my computer
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/618x354q90/687/l9s.png

A:HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Have you worked on or repaired many laptops? English is not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-g6-notebook-pc.199831/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I was wondering what form factor type this Pc has BTX or ATX, if im wrong in saying this please point me in the right direction, I require at least a 500W PSU and I am only purchasing in australia, Maybe from china if on ebay

Current specs:
8gb RAM
1gb VRAM (Nvidia Geforce 520)
Intel i7 2600 - Quad core
1.06TB Storage

A:HP Pavilion P6-2055a PSU Upgrade

According the the Manufacturer details, you have a standard ATX PSU so as long as you stick with that, you can fit pretty much any inside your machine. It does look like the 300Watt version inside the machine is a bit short compared to normal PSU's, but as long as you still have space, it should fit just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-p6-2055a-psu-upgrade.198740/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi - I am posting pics of the min-itx computer I made within a clear very small plexi-glas case I was motivated to do this after reading abt tiny, clear mini-itx plexi-glas of build Pics the mini-itx form factor including reading that it basically can do what a full ATX format MB could do with some limits on RAM slots and vid cards and reading abt the low-power w tdp intel chips with native video that were Pics of mini-itx tiny, clear plexi-glas build a really cool fit between low power low heat atom processors and the usual intel or amd desktop CPUs the low power makes it easier to have adequate cooling it had to have a max power demand level that would allow a laptop-type power supply with heat sink in the power cable and not in the computer case --the micro-psu atx power supplies plus appropriate laptop-type power cord are a great set-up to allow this I am fascinated by the atoms but still not knowledgeable enough or excited enough to figure out my own build based on an atom I told my year old son that we would make a computer together he likes looking at lego dots com and other kid stuff It would be small since it was just for a boy it would be cool since we like things to be cool for items that might be visually cool to shop for we shopped the case was found on ebay I though some aggressive cool heat sinks on ram would fit per my calculations but I was wrong I ordered g-skill ram with cool heat sinks but had to remove the heat sinks to fit the case temps are fine that was abt it for what would look cool the rest - not much - hard drive and cpu cooler - just had to fit video was not a big concern these intel chips have onboard and these MBs know it and we are not intense gamers the future - maybe not so much I hope he is not living in my basement in years playing rpg specs in next post nbsp

A:Pics of mini-itx tiny, clear plexi-glas build

Specs.
intel g630t. a great price point with the performance we need for everything, at low power - 35w - our needs do not include rpg etc but includes web-browsing, transfer of pics from digital camera to hard drive, some MS Office stuff. ----stock cooler is very low profile, and fits.

4 gb gskill ram.

win7 home 64bit.

Kingston 120 gb hd --repurposed from some other comp I had done.

repurposed 40mm fan as case fan.

usb 150mb/sec transponder -- from Frys for $10.

Oh- big deal - MB is Intel mini-itx dh61dl. you can build a typical atx computer with this, but with limits - the only card slots are 1 (one) mini pci-e and pci-express.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pics-of-mini-itx-tiny-clear-plexi-glas-build.198033/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 25.37%

Recently I was doing a research about a memory update for my G - LA Notebook and in many websites including the Netbook User s Manual I found that this Notebook could be upgraded up to Gb of memory So Upgrading Notebook Failure G42-365LA HP Memory I bought two RAM memories of Gb each one SoDIMM DDR PC - MHz according to researched specifications But the thing is that when I installed them I couldn t enter into the OS it sent me to the Windows Error Recovery window directly and whichever option I choose it reboots and it keeps doing that Well I tried installing just one memory alone and the result is different it came up with the BSOD giving me different errors each time I reboot the Netbook These errors are BAD POOL HEADER PFN LIST CORRUPT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I ve tried to reinstall the OS with memories installed but the result is the same My Notebook is a HP G - LA Windows Home Premium x Service Pack Intel Core i CPU M GHz I don t know if I was cheated by the manufacturer website and or the others websites that s why I need your help P S When I installed just one memory module I can see The Windows intro logo but just for two seconds or so And I tried to install quot Ubuntu desktop amd x quot with just one Gb memory module inserted and everything was good but it wasn t with the two cards installed nbsp

A:Upgrading Memory Failure HP G42-365LA Notebook

One of the stick of ram maybe bad. Try them each one at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-memory-failure-hp-g42-365la-notebook.197400/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello all!
I regularly have the folllowing line appear when my bios starts up -CMOS checksum error defaults loaded. I am having a problem about CMOS Checksum Error, every time I turn on the computer it will wait about 30 secs before the first beep. Then the CMOS checksum error occur. Some days ago I had changed my battery after that this problem occurs. Please help me. I have a snapshots of the same problem.You can check here: http://wealthamplifier.in/images/cmos1

A:CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded

Could you have installed the battery backwards by mistake? Even though the battery is new, it could be defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded.197153/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all you black screen - playing sounds Notebook sys spotties out there can someone help me please my Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing sons notebook an HP G -b sg with core i amd mobility g running win ultimate has a heat-problem shutting down frequently when gaming I tried to clean it could not get to ventilator cause I can not disassemble dismantle the machine without destroying it thank you HP well long story short - I just cut away the plastic covering the vent cleaned it with vacuumcleaner so far so good I installed win on clean formatted hdd installed all Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing drivers needed started up the da thing but the screen stays black although the system-sounds are playing that little quot I finished starting bleep quot tried everything no way the display would light up installed os again on oncemore formatted hdd now it s telling me that it can not identify the grafics stops installing driver from HP homepage and any other driver Lan touchpad sound is in that notebooks quot mind quot already installed they are not it was all clean cause formatted if I just install win and nothing else everything is fine well it s not - because I can Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing not access internet and video playback stutters but the display lights up What am I doing wrong or is the thing just broken down due to heat warranty was void before I cut the vent as it is and a half years old any suggestions anyone hope you get what I am trying to say I m from germany and not a native speaker writer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 Ultimate or did you purchase the OS and thus installed it?
Best bet for you is to get the HP Recovery CD or DVD for your model it will have all the drivers needed for your model. Basically it will install the HP Factory Windows 7 along with everything that's suppose to go with it. This process takes a few hours to run.

So contact HP Tech support tell them you need the Recovery CD/DVD for Model HP laptop. There is a cost for this so be aware. Then you won't have these issues saying graphic driver stopped because you don't have the correct drivers etc. The HP recovery will have all those installed.

Also with every HP system you get recovery with it but it's on the HD in it's own partition so whatever got installed might have blown out that partition and now you have an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-screen-black-sys-sounds-playing.195083/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi guys I want to buy a new notebook for college use probably hours a day but not consecutive something durable enough that lasts years My usage is like internet movies light Need a for Notebook new buying advice gaming CS Source COD Prototype Fifa and the regular apps and softwares like photoshop movie maker virtualdj and I do use torrents Need advice for buying a new Notebook occasionally I ll probably go for Windows given the lack of new windows notebooks - don t know if it s only in India According to this usage description do tell if Need advice for buying a new Notebook I need to elaborate can you please suggest if I m in the right direction So far I ve thought of this CPU is i - u or i - m or i - m pls advice which is best and why GB Need advice for buying a new Notebook RAM GPU is GB radeon or nvidia HDD - TB Brand lenovo dell hp samsung if you ve used aany of these brands let me know about your experience I live in India and I m going to buy from a local retailer Budget is I ve seen these notebooks http www flipkart com computer co EBVBGXD JPQ COMDDQRNMWHH SZK COMDEH SRNBYVC J Lenovo Ideapad Z - Dell Inspiron R i - U GB GB GB Radeon Samsung NP E C-S IN Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need advice for buying a new Notebook

Is that $700 USD or Rupee? Try to get at least 8GB of DDR3 RAM 4GB is not enough. 3GB with the OS and 2GB free after apps. i3 is okay make sure that is 2GHz the lowest 1.7GHz. GPU 512MB min 1GB mid or 2GB high. HDD 320 to 750GB. With the price range you have you can get some really nice here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-buying-a-new-notebook.194903/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello All My son is about to go to college and is looking to get a new notebook he saw different choosing a help notebook Need notebook and I Need help choosing a notebook need some feedback as to which would be a better chose for him He will be using the notebook for writing assays email surf the Need help choosing a notebook web watching Netflix downloading movies and lessening to music and watching video Toshiba - Intel core i - M processor gig memory gb hard drive up to hours of battery weighs lb windows ports USB USB HDMI USB port with sleep amp charge DTS studio sound Wireless-n HD webcam with microphone Mfr year warranty After rebate Toshiba - Intel core i - M processor gig memory gb hard drive up to hours of battery weighs lb windows ports USB USB HDMI built in numeric keypad Wireless-n HD webcam with microphone Mfr year warranty After rebate HP- rd gen Intel core i - M GB memory amp Gb hard drive weighs lb windows ports usb usb HDMI DTS Sound Built in numeric keypad wireless-n HD webcam with microphone Mfr year limited warranty price after rebates nbsp

A:Need help choosing a notebook

How soon do you need to buy and what is your budget?

Also, where will you be buying/ordering from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-notebook.194644/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD Radeon Hd 7900
i5 Procceser
Windows 7 x64
8.00 Gig RAM

A:Good PC yet steam games running at 10FPS

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you tried to update the video drivers to see if that makes a difference? What else do you have that is running while you try to play games? You need to give some more information like: what games are getting low FPS and your PC information (make and model - or is it custom built)? We should be able to help you, just need more to troubleshoot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-pc-yet-steam-games-running-at-10fps.194542/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ive got an acer notebook that dosent like to turn on it will sometimes and when it dose it normally gose in to hibernation you can then get it to turn back on buy pushing the power buton but I gose back to hibernation after 2mins or less I have tryed dischageing the system I need to get it runnig for a project im doing plz help any help apreciated and thanks in advance also I dont no what verstion it is all I no it was bought new in 2008

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-notebook.194498/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, I have run chkdsk couple times and keep getting about 4 bad sectors. With bad sectors I cannot backup my image on any backup program even windows. It will fail about half way through it. Does anyone know of a program that will bypass the bad sectors and back it up. Thanks. I am open for any solutions here.
Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-notebook-bad-sectors-how-to-backup-image.193500/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all just need a little help from you smarter people.

I have lots of devices on my wireless all work fine until this Hp notebook starts it seems to kick everything else off the network. So now called the death machine by all the family. Is this just a setting on the notebook that causes this? It happens on all networks that it joins to and stops as soon as the computer goes back into sleep.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks Oli

A:Notebook network issue (death machine)

Likely you have an IP address conflict - - two machines with the same address.
This will cause problems with everything attached to that same router (wifi or wired).

Make sure ALL devices do not use manual settings but rather use automatic DHCP for both IP and DNS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-network-issue-death-machine.193051/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all My parents have an HP Pavilion entertainment laptop that frankly didn t run well when it was new but is really struggling to open programs now I am thinking of putting in an SSD as a boot drive and moving the HDD into the optical bay and upgrading the RAM to the max of Also possibly Pavilion 1100? HP dv6 Should upgrade I upgrading to Windows I think would confuse them My dad does a lot of photo editing using Lightroom Other than that it s basic word excel amp Internet browsing only Is it worth it for me to put a few hundred dollars I figure about into the laptop or should they look for a new desktop instead It would be worth it to me to extend the life of the laptop with a view to buying new down the road Here are the current specs HP Pavilion dv t- GB RAM Intel Core Duo T Should I upgrade HP Pavilion dv6 1100? Ghz bit Vista ATI Mobility Radeon HD Thank you nbsp

A:Should I upgrade HP Pavilion dv6 1100?

I would keep the HDD, clean install Windows 7 (check out this article for help: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install, it is for Windows 8, but the same applies to Win 7), and upgrade the RAM. I wouldnt add an SSD because your CPU is pretty old and the SSD will be bottlenecked by it and therefore it would not help. I recommend Clean installing Windows over the SSD because clean installing gives the "New" PC feel to old hardware like an SSD does to semi-new PCs. The RAM will also make a huge difference. After you clean install Windows, report back and ill tell you what drivers you need (you only really need a display driver).

I think it is a good choice to wait for a new laptop down the road. This upgrade will gain you a few years, but dont expect to game on it. Keep in mind, clean installing Windows will delete all of your data! So use these sites to help assist you in your back up adventure:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/back-up-your-files (For Windows 7, but Vista is basically the same I think).
I recommend this less since it transfers old settings (which can be causing the performance hit you are experiencing) to the new install: http://lifehacker.com/5983652/how-t...without-losing-your-files-settings-and-tweaks

Windows 7 will set you back a hundred bucks: http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-64bit-System-Builder/dp/B004Q0PT3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366680086&sr=8-1&keywords=windows 7
But it is worth the upgrade. If you are a student you can sometimes get discounts thru Microsoft but since they want to separate themselves from Win7, they may not offer this anymore. But they still do for Win8, but it is hard to find an institutions other than universities.

Use this tool to find out what RAM supports your system: http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner (tell me if the link doesnt work since I am running OS X now and it automatically sends me to the download for OS X, so I cut off some of the URL)

Finally, install the Catalyst Software Suite after you have clean installed Windows 7 and added the RAM: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/legacy/Pages/legacy-radeonaiw-vista64.aspx

Keep in Mind: You should install the newest BIOS revision for your laptop before upgrading to Win 7 to avoid errors: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...TypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3873224&taskId=135

Don't be afraid to ask questions . Sorry if this essay is intimidating .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-upgrade-hp-pavilion-dv6-1100.191797/
Relevancy 20.21%

For about a week I noticed my motherboard has been running hot on the display on my case it's been showing 130-136 F (alarm temp). All the fans seem to be working, not sure what could be causing this. This screenshot is from right now, only thing running is chrome with 5 tabs open

A:Motherboard running way to hot

Only thing that looks hot from the Screenshot is the cputin and that's probably a glitch reading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-running-way-to-hot.191291/
Relevancy 26.23%

I am currently looking for a cheap gaming advice gaming notebook Need for laptop It would be mainly used to play WOW and Starcraft II I don t necessary need something super Need advice for gaming notebook compact as long as it s easier to transport than a full desktop tower screen because I often go to LAN parties From what I have seen new gaming laptop aren t cheap I recently found a used one on Ebay so I am wondering if it s worth it or if you have any other suggestions Here is the link so you can check out the specs http www ebay ca itm Dell-XPS-M pt Laptops Nov amp hash item d e b It seems all I would need to do is to replace the video card There is a GTX SLI on Ebay for less than so I am thinking that for less than I Need advice for gaming notebook could get a decent gaming notebook do you think it s a good idea I have never installed a video card in a notebook before but I know how to install one in a desktop so I Need advice for gaming notebook m guessing it should not be that difficult Any advices Thank you nbsp

A:Need advice for gaming notebook

I don't think I could do that. Too much of a gamble.

You'd also need a new battery, the screen has issues that can't be fixed, and a couple of 'should be ok' comments in there too.

That's my two yen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-gaming-notebook.190527/
Relevancy 19.78%

I slow running games Laptop m curious to know why this Acer aspired v - runs games slow Like Street fighter X Tekken can t run at max Laptop running games slow Iron brigade or even this MMO I play being FFXI I get lag running everything on high Specs AMD Quad core processor A AMD Radeon HD g MB GB DDR GB HDD I play FFXI a lot and I can t even increase resolution a bit or some settings higher because I will begin to experience some lag quot moving game camera slower then normal speed quot is there a particular reason as to why this laptop is having problems with light weight games I have only updated GPU driver and replaced HDD with SSD ive notice no improvements for any game other then pc booting in seconds and everything else OS wise is insane fast quot I m being told that if I update ram to gaming better ram my experience will increase Because this stock ram quot sucks quot so I m looking at GB HMZ should I buy that will it even help me is stock ram from laptops in general just bad nbsp

A:Laptop running games slow

It's a mobile low-end APU. You don't actually have a graphics card.

You need to turn down the graphical details in games.

RAM won't help you much, 4GB is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-games-slow.190744/
Relevancy 19.35%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I just had a couple quick questions I just upgraded to dual s which I have crossfired Crossfired right? 7970s running HD now in games all the cutscenes seem to lag and my frames only run around - fps with fraps on is there anyway to fix this issue also I got a free copy of crysis and that game is only running at - fps compared to black ops running - fps on max setting is anyone also having that issue below is my system spec and a couple avg in game fps I usually get x Acer Monitors In Eyefinity MSI z a-GD motherboard Intel I- k ghz gb G skill Sniper Crossfired HD 7970s running right? mhz ram x XFX black edition video cards stock clock Cruical M gb SSD Boot drive TB WD Black Game Drive XFX watt Power Supply Some Avg Framerates I Get with all Max settings x Res Counter Strike GO - Left Dead - Black Ops - Team Fortress - Rainbow Six Vegas - nbsp

A:Crossfired HD 7970s running right?

Um, what driver are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crossfired-hd-7970s-running-right.190148/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all got a toshiba satellite p200-1ee and my sister used it one night for karaoke .anyway after people in pub was helping her load van and 1 brought out laptop rested it against the speaker and it fellthen when moving van .. ran straight over the laptop yes I know what ***** put the laptop standing next to wheels.. well not laptop few cracks here and there screen is damaged .. PROBLEMS laptop no screen even when plugged in external monitor also power light flashes blue twice and orange twice ..all the bottom and top looks fine just plastic cracked round sides dvd opens and shuts normal any help to y light flashing and y no screen even with external monitor .. thanks

A:Problems after running over laptop

Does it make any noises when you turn it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-running-over-laptop.189510/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi;
I have a 11yr old Dell Inspiron 8100 Notebook computer. It started shutting down mysteriously while working, and sometimes shuts down a second or two after powering on.
I was planning to scrap the thing, maybe try to sell it for parts on Ebay, but decided to take one more look.
Today I found that the CMOS battery (reserve battery) is bad. It is leaking but has not damaged anything.
Could the fact that this battery is bad (maybe shorted) cause the computer to shut down as I described?
Since I have the whole thing dis-assembled I can replace the battery easily. I found them on Ebay but not sure I should buy one there, since it could be an old battery that is no good.
Any ideas?

Thanks

FW

A:Can bad CMOS battery cause laptop to shut down?

The CPU cooling fan may be worn out and the thermal pads and paste may be seriously burned and dried out. I doubt if the laptop parts would be worth much because of the age...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-bad-cmos-battery-cause-laptop-to-shut-down.189440/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi friends

Mine PC is running on a AMD quardracore, Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H, 4 GB DDR III 1600 Mhz Corsair Ram & Power supply along with 8400 GT nvidia . This PC has been OC to 3.2 ghz and is currently working at 3.2 ghz.

Recently I was getting BIOS notification to change the battery as everytime the BIOS had to be reset.

I changed the battery 3 days back but again after a day I again started getting the same notification of changing the battery.

Pls tell where could be the problem.

Regards

A:CMOS battery problem

Was the battery you replaced the bad one with brand new? Also make sure it is a 3V battery and to be safe, make sure it has the markings 'CR2032" on it (that is what mine has). Other batteries of the same size and voltage MAY be fine, but I can't really vouch for them. Also, if you have one, it might pay to check the batteries voltage with a multimeter.

Also, if you buy a new one, it might pay to make sure that it is meant for a computers motherboard, as some may or may not be, just to be on the safe side. I don't really know a great deal about these batteries.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-problem.189188/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am interested on having 4 or 5 monitors on 1 GPU. In fututre I might add another GPU for doubling this number (if possible).
1) Is it possible to do that? (two same GPUs for many monitors?)
2)I have some GPUs in mind.
a) XFX HD-677X-NZFC Radeo HD 6770 1 GB
b) xfx-radeon-hd-6870
c) gigabyte-gv-n650oc-1gi-graphics-card-gf-gtx-650-1gb
d) sapphire-radeon-hd-7770-flex
e) Asus GT 640.

Which one do you believe shall I choose?
Are these cards for 4-5 monitors as I believe?

All these are up to 150 euro.
I do not care for gaming. Only have many windows - apps running (software,emails, etc)
Thank you very much for all your help

A:Four or five monitors running on one cheap GPU

What resolution are the monitors and what inputs do they have (Displayport would be preferable)? Also you need to clarify if you need 4 or 5 monitors, that will make a big difference as quite a few cards support 4 monitors but finding a single card which supports 5-6 monitors is much harder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/four-or-five-monitors-running-on-one-cheap-gpu.188682/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello Community My name is Andrew Fratello and I work for a computer repair shop in Florida I m new in the field at a professional level but I ve been tinkering with computers since I was a little kid I m new to this site as well and I hope it to bring me some good help with some of my future work if I cant trouble shoot it myself The HP Pavilion Dv - dx Laptop came into the shop today The problem with the PC is that it doesn t have any display HP laptop Dv6-3025dx issue Pavilion display at all You can turn it on and it will stay on just fine but even when I plug in a VGA cord connected to one of our shop HP Pavilion Dv6-3025dx laptop display issue monitors the screen still isn t displaying If it was a LCD screen issue I m sure I would have been getting video feed from the external monitor which leads me to believe that the motherboard is malfunctioning I want to double check here with you guys and get a couple opinions before I let the guy know what the problem is and what needs replacing The last thing I want to do is have the gentleman buy a new part that is worth a couple hundred and then it turning out to not have been the problem at all Please get back to me ASAP Thanks and looking forward to your responses nbsp

A:HP Pavilion Dv6-3025dx laptop display issue

My guess would be the video chip. If you are not getting it on either screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6-3025dx-laptop-display-issue.187734/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a hp pavillion d4000 and I want to upgrade the processor. It has a 3.2 ghz amd but when I go to hp's website to see what the max processor I can put in it it hasl only a 2.4 ghz processor listed in the replacement parts list.

A:Processor upgrade in HP Pavilion D4000

Whats the exact model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-upgrade-in-hp-pavilion-d4000.185689/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys so its been like a week now of me trying to get audio on my computer, Iv download, uninstall my audio drivers to my computer nothing has worked.
I had 1 Logitech headset that would only work for my computer, Any new headsets or speakers I bought wouldn't work.
When I go to my control panel> hardware and sound> device manager it says I have,Real teck higher definition installed.
The Small volume icon in the bottom right corner has an x in it, And when I open volume mixer,
It says no audio devices installed.
I already checked Bios.
Please someone help me before I go mad!
Appreciate it.
As well when I go into Dxdiag, It says error problem getting extra sound info

This is my dxdiag Shot

Also in my Msinfo32, When I clicked problem devices, Nothing showed up

A:Going crazy. HP Pavilion a6345f PC with no audio

Have you tried uninstalling all audio drivers and rebooting, then let windows install it's generic audio driver and see if there's sound? Sometimes another program or driver will corrupt the audio driver and requires un-installing the hardware (in Device Manager) and re-booting, then see if Windows finds a driver for it. I looked on Asus website for the latest audio drivers, but for the 4 versions of this motherboard, none have driver support for Vista or newer, only up to XP. Why are you using Vista, anyway? That's arguably the worst OS in existence, mostly because of driver problems. Still, Vista should have generic drivers for on board audio in it's driver database or you could try using the XP drivers from Asus http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_478/P4PEXSE/#download . If that doesn't work you may have a fried sound card. I've seen this problem a few times on older systems, either all drivers and everything looks good but still no sound, or drivers won't install because this hardware has a problem. In these cases I was forced to assume the output side was fried (after hours of troubleshooting and trying 3rd party drivers) and just install a cheap ($20) audio card (which probably sounds better than the on board audio anyway). I see you have PCI and PCIe slots so any card will fit. Here's a decent card for cheap; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020
Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/going-crazy-hp-pavilion-a6345f-pc-with-no-audio.185117/
Relevancy 20.21%

This is my first build Now don t get me wrong I am really considering having someone else take my components and do the quot building quot part for me but im kind of fishing for confidence guidance to do it my self to save money and gain experience doing it on my own I have bought my parts in two separate orders now this Wednesday will have every thing here to get up and running all but the video card It s not the hardware part that is making me worried im plenty confidant with a screw driver and electricity as well as far as taking care of buisness with wire management and air flow but the software BIOS the first boot and the possible troubleshoot with those aspects has me biting my nails Even if everything I bought gives me no trouble at all and boots up perfectly I am finicky about getting every thing fully optimized and running smoothly and stable because I have never seen a bios and I have never seen a PC minus a windows varient On the otherside of quot a perfect world quot if Should my and running? build up get I pay someone just to I have DOA parts and this thing doesnt power on im going to be in cold sweat getting it taken care of mind you I have till the th till my first order falls out of Newegg s day policy nbsp

A:Should I just pay someone to get my build up and running?

Do you know anyone who could help guide you while you put the computer to gather. This would let you do it your self. Plus you would learn from it. Plus keep you from falling out of the dead line on your parts. If not you should be able to do it your self. You can always post here if you run into a problem. There are a lot of good people here who know there stuff that will help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-just-pay-someone-to-get-my-build-up-and-running.185423/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi

So I'm going to upgrade the default HDD on my laptop HP Pavilion DV6 2153.eo. There are two things that I'm not so sure of tho.

1. Can I get a SATA/III SSD HDD and throw it in the laptop <- are the SATA/III SSD HDDs backward compatible with/to SATA/II

2. What HDD should I get, it should at least be something like 180Gb but then also the price shouldn't be sky high...and then ofc I should also be able to get it here in north Europe

P.S. I'm also going to get more ram...is there anything else that can be upgraded..?

A:Upgrading HDD on a HP Pavilion DV6

...a bump here maybe...gonna need to order the parts soon so O_o

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-hdd-on-a-hp-pavilion-dv6.183619/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just looking at running 2 laptops with this portal 2 for schools activity in the next 2 weeks and we have Dell Latitude E6220 Laptops 15", they have a I3 clocked at 2.10GHz and 2GB Ram but only have the standard Intel HD3000 Graphics, will that work on atleast low settings?
Will also most likely be running atleast one on a TV at 1080p

A:Running Portal 2 for schools

It might work, you could check http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx to see what it says and if you can run it or not. It should run on low pretty well. Valve games are never too demanding.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-portal-2-for-schools.183604/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a pentium dual core e6600 which is supposed to be 3.06ghz, but the cpu meter desktop gadget is telling me it is running at 1594mhz. I have not done anything with otver/underclocking, so can someone tell me how I can get it to run at the proper speed?

A:Intel Pentium E6600 running slowly

Try running stress tests like Prime95, look at the gadget while its in stress

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-pentium-e6600-running-slowly.183025/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm using Windows 7 and a ASUS X54C Notebook.

While my laptop is charged, no matter how I shutdown, whether it be on start command or closing the lid, the laptop refuses to shut all the way off, the power just stays on. I already set the options to shut it down whether the power is being charged or not when closing the lid.

A:Why won't my notebook shutdown while being charged?

Try doing a factory restore, after backing up your important files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-wont-my-notebook-shutdown-while-being-charged.182712/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just finished building my new budget gaming system half an hour ago, and having since then installed CPU-Z, I notice my AMD FX-6100 black edition is running at 1.3GHz instead of the usual 3.3GHz.
I have no idea what's wrong with it since everything else is running perfectly.
also, under the 'Graphics' Tab, It says my 550Ti has a core clock of 50MHz, shaders 101MHz, and Memory 135MHz.
is it just me or is that insanely slow??

please help me fix this! I don't want a slow pc!

heres the parts list:

Case: Corsair Carbide 400r
CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO (running in push-pull config)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX550Ti
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM
Memory: 8GB Patriot Gamer2 1333MHz
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
Optical Drive: LG DVDRW
Power Supply: Corsair HX-650

Thanks for any answers!

A:CPU only running at 1GHz

Most likely it's because you're looking at the numbers when your computer is idle. CPUs and GPUs downclock automatically when idle, it reduces your electricity bill and keeps your components cool.

Run a CPU/GPU intensive program in the background and check again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-only-running-at-1ghz.182350/
Relevancy 20.21%

I cant see anything in my bios related to ram, so I got this from CPU-Z.

it says that the 6GB DDr3 in my laptop is running at 675 MHz. Maybe its just me, but I didnt think DDR3 was supposed to run that slowly. it concerns my because im using a Liano APU and fast memory is a big deal. I was thinking of upgrading to 8GB and was just wondering if it was maybe a motherboard limitation (which would suck) or its somehow just slow ram..any thoughts on this?

A:Laptop DDR3 only running at 675 MHz

DDR stands for Double Data Rate so you need to multiply that by 2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-ddr3-only-running-at-675-mhz.182348/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I posted a thread in quot viruses malwar quot After running a some all coming at slow, not running freezing, Computer up games check on the computer they saw nothing malicious suggested it is a hardware problem and suggested I post something here When I restarted my computer the other day Windows loaded normally boot time was seconds However when I clicked on the icon for Google Chrome nothing happened I tried others and the same thing I was sitting there thinking I may have picked up a virus and Google Chrome opened I discovered that it just took awhile for the programs to open so I updated and ran SE and MWB then did a disc cleanup The computer was fine The next evening I turned the computer on and the same thing happened So I repeated the process Since then the programs are sluggish to open and some of the games I play won t open at all I have Windows and have only had the computer since Sept Oct of I am not great with computers but have cleaned a computer in the past through TechSpot so I can follow instructions Any ideas nbsp

A:Computer running slow, freezing, some games not coming up at all

well the first step is making sure you dont have a ton of programs running in the system tray (next to the clock.).
If you could click the windows button, right click computer, click properties, and tell us what is written down in system, it would give us a better idea of the caliber of PC we are talking about here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-slow-freezing-some-games-not-coming-up-at-all.182116/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm using Windows 7, a ASUS X54C Notebook and a DLink WBR-1310 router.

For some reason when I reboot my notebook, the wireless compatibility doen't want to automatically connect to my wireless access point. I have to manually click the wireless icon on the task bar to let the troubleshooter connect my notebook to the internet.

I already have the options under properties and services.msc via WLAN AutoConfig enabled to connect automatically at start up, but that doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:How do I set my notebook to automatically connect at startup?

Slick21 said:

I'm using Windows 7, a ASUS X54C Notebook and a DLink WBR-1310 router.

For some reason when I reboot my notebook, the wireless compatibility doen't want to automatically connect to my wireless access point. I have to manually click the wireless icon on the task bar to let the troubleshooter connect my notebook to the internet.

I already have the options under properties and services.msc via WLAN AutoConfig enabled to connect automatically at start up, but that doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?Click to expand...

I don't know if this will help,but I don't think it'll hurt. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/how-to-set-up-wifi-laptop.htm
I fixed a friends W7 wireless connection last week but don't remember the steps,good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-set-my-notebook-to-automatically-connect-at-startup.181933/
Relevancy 19.78%

Okay here of Audio out ideas problem... running is the thing on June rd my audio stop working I try to fix it but no matter what I did I couldn t get it work On June th my audio start working again It kept working till June th when I had power blackout which cause my laptop to have improper shut down cause I had the battery out I did system restore back to June rd and my audio problem start working Audio problem... running out of ideas again but then on June th my computer overheated and had improper shut down which cause audio problem to happen again I can Audio problem... running out of ideas t system restore the computer again cause the june rd restore point is no longer listed even after I click on showing restore points older than days Since then my audio has not been working There is an x over the audio icon on taskbar which says no audio output device is installed I went to device manager and realize that sound video and game controller is missing I scan for hardware changes but it doesn t appear I click show hidden devices and look at other devices folder but the only thing listed there is a keyboard filter I check to see if there is yellow mark on all devices but nothing I check windows audio automatic I check on-board audio enabled did windows and hp update up to date but audio problem is still there did a driver recovery and re-install the driver that came with computer still have the audio problem I even went on add hardware and added another driver realtek audio driver I had my sound video and game controller folder back but the device had code error This device cannot start so I uninstall the device then the sound video and game controller disappear again I try to use microsoft fix it program and it say that I do not have Speakers Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio SPDIF Interface Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio I went on the internet to look for the driver and I found it HP site I download it and try to installed it but it say I already have following file on my computer when I try to overwrite it install halfway but then towards the end it told me access denied Then a pop up shows up saying that driver installation failed could not find the device for this driver I am running out of ideas on how to fix it I went on programs and features and I see that I have conexant hd audio and hdaudio soft data fax and modem with SmartPc installed My computer is old It s a HP Pavilion dv se Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista -bit Service Pack My sound card is in-built I thought it might be broken but the computer makes a beep noise whenever I have computer pop up like whenever it is asking me to confirm if I want to install a program or if I press the backspace too much I am not sure if that means the sound card is okay or not Is it Any ideas on how to fix my audio problem nbsp

A:Audio problem... running out of ideas

Fyi... A computer doesn't need a sound card to create simple beep tones.

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
You can attach it to your next post by clicking Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-running-out-of-ideas.181872/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a HP Presario CQ62 notebook that just totally died.
I closed it up after using it normally, came back and opened the lid and it was dead. No lights, not even power supply indicator light. Nothing happens when the power button is pushed of course.
I thought and hoped it was a faulty power supply and a flat battery, but I have a spare power supply so this was able to be ruled out.
Not that it's relevant here, but it's running Windows 7 64 bit.
Anyone got any ideas where to look for a solution to this? As it won't fire up on battery or power it has to be after those.

A:Dead HP Presario CQ62 notebook

Remove the memory and re install it... Remove the battery and try AC power only. With the battery out and AC out, hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Re install the battery and see if the laptop powers up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dead-hp-presario-cq62-notebook.181184/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, so I have a very basic Notebook very cheap MSI A6300 nothing amazing.

So any way It needed a wipe I did, and now it can't find its graphics card, it should say ATI Radeon HD 4270 but it just says Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

I am thinking its come loose or its been hit or something, I have run MSI Live Update 5 with no hope. It can't find it either.

Should I take a look inside? (Never rlly messed with laptops/Notebooks before, I do all my work on a desktop)

If you need anymore information or specs then I will get them asap! =D

A:Notebook is not seeing graphics card

You might be just missing the driver for your graphics card, try searching Techspot (or Google) for "MSI A6300 drivers", download the the video drivers for your notebook.
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-is-not-seeing-graphics-card.180454/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I have been having problems playing Runescape on my crappy computer I wanted to ask someone to see if there is any way i can rectify the problem My system specs http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport Document jsp lang en amp cc us amp objectID c Just a website that shows all my system specs Basically this computer is a wal-mart computer Problem running games A Black Friday Bargain But despite that I ve not had problems running games that I know I should be able to run until I got to Runescape In fact this computer can run WoW perfectly fine On quot performance quot settings of course but it can t seem to run a simple browser-based game any higher than FPS I m here to ask if there is anything i can do hardware-wise to upgrade this computer Problem running games to help run the game while spending the least money possible I know that the graphics card sucks but I don t really care about running popular high-end games right now And I know that the card sucks because its integrated And I know I m posting in the Motherboard section But I was told to download a program called quot GPU-Z quot that basically monitors what parts of my computer are being used when I do certain things While running Runescape it says my Graphics card is at and my CPU is doing all the work Apparently this means the CPU or something is quot bottlenecking quot my graphics card and it isn t even doing any work at all So I wanted to see if it really is a CPU problem and not a graphics card problem Another hiccup is that my computer apparently only has W power supply which is terrible Is it even possible to upgrade my computer s hardware without buying a new power supply I know they can be pretty expensive Anyways thanks for the help I m kind of sporadic in this post I am just really tired Haha nbsp

A:Problem running games

The computer can handle only 4GB of DDR2 667MHz memory max. Your only real option is to buy a PCIe X16 DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 video card... The power supply may or may not support the video card though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-running-games.180248/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am having trouble fixing an HP G60 230CA Notebook PC. The Laptop uses a 32 bit Windows Vista OS. It takes about 4 min to Start up and it takes about 2 min to open or close any programs.

In safe mode it runs normally for about 45 sec then enters the same state as normal mode.

I removed the hard drive and used a SATA to USB wire to connect it to another PC to run Malware bytes. Malware Bytes detected and removed a trojan but the problem hasn't changed.

A:HP G60 notebook runs at a snail's pace

How ole is the computer. How old is the hard drive? How much memory is installed? What scans have you already run to search out the cause of the problem?
First thing I would do is save all my data and images to recoverable media, and run a clean re-install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g60-notebook-runs-at-a-snails-pace.179389/
Relevancy 19.78%

I own a Sony Vaio VPCF111FX. The ribbon cable on the lcd is going bad causing the lcd to be pretty much shot. I can use an external monitor with it but my problem is that the laptop runs the bios on the laptop lcd, then once windows (7) starts it switches to the external display. This prevents me from accessing this BIOS. Is there any way to get the laptop to run the startup through the external display?

A:Running BIOS on external monitor

try disconnecting the ribbon cable to make it invisble at the start

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-bios-on-external-monitor.176930/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am sorry to bother you with something simple but I can't seem to find the right info. I have an HP Pavilion 533W that is running a 1.79GHZ processor, I have not removed it, only looked for the specs..

I have an Intel Celeron D 2.53 GHZ /256/533 that I bought new for a similar model but the motherboard ended up bad. I would like to upgrade with this extra processor I have but I can't find enough info on these to find out if it will work. I am almost down to just having to uninstall it and compare the cpu's.

I was hoping that someone would know the answer since this is not my strong point in the computer business. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Want to upgrade CPU on a Pavilion 533W

If the Celeron fits in the CPU socket, try it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-upgrade-cpu-on-a-pavilion-533w.175181/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello. I just bought a Radeon HD 6870 from visiontek and after i uninstalled my old drivers and installed the new card i reset my pc and the performance of my pc slowed down so much i can barely start IE just to type this. i have seen other posts about the problem might be caused by my psu but so far none of them have helped.

These are my specs tell me if you need some more info

Motherboard ASUS M4A77TD
CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955
2 X 2GB Ram
Xion High Performance 700 Watt PSU
+12V1 25A

Also I'm not sure if this may be the problem but the PSU has a 6+2 pin that splits into a 6+2 pin I'm using both of those to power the card.

A:New GPU, PC running very slow

I'd try a friends reliable power supply and see if that helps.

You didn't say that you downloaded the most current driver from AMD. If you haven't done that already I'd make that my first priority.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gpu-pc-running-very-slow.176295/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Guys Got given a HP Pavilion DV from a friend who said it was busted i ve replaced the harddrive and ram and have got it working Last night i installed a lite version of XP with sp built in It installed perfectly in under minutes However i cannot get the wireless to work I downloaded and dv4000 on XPLite (wireless issues) Pavilion SP3 installed the drivers from the HP website and this allowed me to turn the wireless on and i get the little bubble in the bottom left corner saying there are wireless networks in range however if i click the balloon and it searches for wireless it cannot find any even though the router is right next to it After about a hour of playing around trying to get it working i downloaded another driver pack from the HP XPLite SP3 on Pavilion dv4000 (wireless issues) website and this included a wireless application i think it was HP Wireless assistant but i can confirm that later today With the application running i can find wireless connections but the actual wiress adapter still cannot find any When using the software to connect to the wireless it allows me to enter the wpa key and the windows connection says its a bridge network but it never makes it passed authencation Obviously the drivers are still wrong Can anyone point me in the right direction Cheers Nick nbsp

A:XPLite SP3 on Pavilion dv4000 (wireless issues)

nickt1988 said:

When using the software to connect to the wireless it allows me to enter the wpa key and the windows connection says its a bridge network but it never makes it passed authencation.Click to expand...

Some wireless configuration application disables the windows built-in wireless configuration manager so as not to cause any conflicts. Using the HP wireless assistant you can successfully connect to the network? Windows built-in cant?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xplite-sp3-on-pavilion-dv4000-wireless-issues.176228/
Relevancy 30.96%

Newegg has a Asus 24x DVD Burner-Bulk 24x DVD+/- R Black Sata-oem on sale for $18.99 free shipping.
Good deal,or should I be leery? because it's so cheap?

Would this be a burner/player? or just a burner? Is it so cheap because it does not have Blue-Ray capabilities? Thanks Ray

A:Cheap DVD burner. Good deal or steer clear?

Optical media is an older technology, and it's very inexpensive to make DVD burners nowadays. The Optiarc one I bought was only 22 dollars, that was in 2008, it still works great so you should be fine.

I recommend buying it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-dvd-burner-good-deal-or-steer-clear.175958/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am hoping one of you fine people can help me to find a replacement motherboard for my HP Pavilion p p I have gone through the Pavilion Replacement HP p6226p for motherboard needed whole troubleshooting routine -- all peripherals RAM replaced with known-good power supply amp CPU and still can not get into the BIOS setup or boot Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p past the HP splash screen I m down to replacing the motherboard now This computer currently has Motherboard -- M N -LA Viola CPU -- AMD Athlon II x Quad Core Graphics -- NVIDIA GeForce Integrated I m fine with a replacement motherboard with at least equivalent graphics as I do occasionally game with my boyfriend League of Legends Magicka running on lowest settings is fine with me I Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p m in the market for a new computer but would like to keep this one limping along for another months or so if all it will cost me is a motherboard I have a Frys amp Microcenter nearby located in Houston and would like to go pick up a shiny new motherboard ASAP so if you could point me to one on their site it would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Replacement motherboard needed for HP Pavilion p6226p

Check here and make sure that you have a PayPal account:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=HP+M2N78-LA+Motherboard&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-motherboard-needed-for-hp-pavilion-p6226p.175822/
Relevancy 19.78%

A few months back i purchased a premade acer computer It had GB of RAM an i - small power supply no video card I bought a saphire hd video card and installed it and have been playing games for two months i also bought and installed a watt power supply Today i went out and bought gigs of corsair vengeance RAM I installed it without a hitch I went to turn on the computer and a very loud noise occurred and the screen was all gross like not all the drivers were installed I turned it off and realized i hadnt hooked up the second six pin connector to the card I plugged it back in and then i got no display I unplugged it again I went into the operating system and saw it registered my gb but not my video card I am currently going to try to reseat the video card but any help solving this problem would be great in the mean time nbsp

A:HD 6870 fan running, no video output

So did the reseat work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-fan-running-no-video-output.175222/
Relevancy 20.21%

My Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 6000+ used to stay between 35c-45c at the most, now it runs between 72c and 82c is there any reason this is happening and should I be seriuosly concerned? also should I just get another cpu or cooler? All solutions excepted.

A:CPU temperature running high?

I'd take a look at your current cooler and see if it may have busted. You may have a cracked heat pipe or something.

If thermal paste is applied incorrectly, air bubbles can form between the heat sink and CPU and over time can push the paste from out between those two devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temperature-running-high.175152/
Relevancy 19.78%

I got a new SSD Samsung Series GB SATA Gps for my Dell Vostro laptop All my hardware supports SATA Gbps there s no reason for the SSD not to work well I updated to the latest firmware made a fresh installation of Windows x installed the latest chipset driver and the latest Intel RST I then tested the speed of the drive and it was about a half of what it s supposed to be and I ve read reviews showing very high performance The problem I believe is that when I looked at the RST window it says that the SATA transfer rate is Gb s So there must be something Where's SATA SSD running on Gbps? problem? the 1.5 only stopping the drive from running on SATA G I contacted Dell and after quite SSD running only on SATA 1.5 Gbps? Where's the problem? a long talk and waiting on hold they told me that there should be no reason for it not to run on SATA Gps I should also mention that I tested the SSD on another computer and it runs as fast as it should be and in SATA G Even though it s a huge improvement over my old HDD it still bugs me that I can get only about half the performance of the drive Any help on solving this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:SSD running only on SATA 1.5 Gbps? Where's the problem?

The laptops motherboard may not support that SATA speed for SSD drives, no matter what Dell says. If the Dell support person doesn't have that particular problem on their computer list, they are helpless, as most tech support people are. Most of us here are "Real World Techs" and not Geek Squad flunkies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-running-only-on-sata-1-5-gbps-wheres-the-problem.173316/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a HP Pavilion DV7 - 4285dx which comes with a Multi DVD +/- DL blah blah whatever drive in it. (no bluray)

I would like to know if I could find a replacement bluray drive for this laptop.

Does anyone know where I could find this or if this is even possible?

I would assume its possible since that I had bought a bluray drive for my PC, and it works.

A:Pavilion DV7 Blu-ray drive replacement

After some more research I found a replacement part that should work.

For anyone looking for similar answers, the part number is 605417-001 CT21L

Just do a google search with part of that number or all to help find the correct parts.

Thanks everyone....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pavilion-dv7-blu-ray-drive-replacement.174167/
Relevancy 18.92%

All of the sudden my computer took twice as long to start up and my sound skips and is stretched everything is very slow my What started suddenly dell slow, this? gx520 My (pics) optiplex running doing is mouse skips as well and before no matter what I was doing no matter what I was downloading or playing games my mouse never freezes I had the free Norton that comes with comcast and after the sluggishness I downloaded malwarebytes and got AVG internet security And they did clean some viruses out But it still runs slow I updated all of my drivers I deleted almost all of my programs The only antivirus I have running is AVG and AVG PC tuneup which tuned up and fixed problems But STILL NO FIX Plus I re-installed all of my codecs and divx and everything possible updated my My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) drivers with two different driver updaters Its either the drivers could be codecs or something happened to my power supply My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) look at this info on my computer and tell me if something is wrong sorry you ll have to copy paste the links for the pictures i tinypic com mortw jpg i tinypic com swahit jpg i tinypic com wtfxb jpg MUCH appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-optiplex-gx520-suddenly-started-running-slow-what-is-doing-this-pics.174092/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a HP Pavillion dv5000 and would like to replace the cmos battery due to charging issues. I can't find the darn thing. I removed the keyboard and the wifi card and NO battery. I removed the ram sticks also to see and still no battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems easy but you try lookin in this machine lol

A:HP Pavillion CMOS battery... where the heck is it?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00700959.pdf

Section 5.8 RTC Battery, page 5-16

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-cmos-battery-where-the-heck-is-it.173717/
Relevancy 25.37%

I hav a computer that has its intergrated video card which stopped working because of the video card which is attached to the mother board .It is one of the newer post 2007 compact desktop computer with a flat screen monitor but the challenge is that the good friend of the family got an extension video card but it is too big to fit in that machine.How can I get a video card that will fit the above machine abovein which is a newer late 2000's -today.The operating system is vista.

A:HP Pavilion Slimline PC s7727-cb

This slimline computer probably has a PCI express 2 video slot on the motherboard. You will have to buy a small form factor or low-profile video card for the computer. They are available. Here is an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133356

Notice the small adapter plate in the pictures. You may have to install it on the video card before you can install it into the computer. It is not difficult to do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-slimline-pc-s7727-cb.172848/
Relevancy 26.23%

Does anyone know a good brand for notebook cooling pads?
Im looking for one, and maybe you guys have one that you're very happy with?

Cake

A:Notebook cooling pad

Outstanding cooling pad.

http://www.amazon.com/ThermaPAK-HS1...f=sr_1_16?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1320001093&sr=1-16

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-cooling-pad.172663/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, as above my PC has started having boot up issues and the Sys fan is reading 0rpm but when I've opened up the casing all of the fans are running fine.

Thanks

A:My sys fan is reading 0RPM but all the fans are running

Hmmm guess this isn't a very common problem then, could it be any kind of driver issue?

I've recently upgraded from XP to windows 7 but updated all the drivers I could find from the manufacturers website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sys-fan-is-reading-0rpm-but-all-the-fans-are-running.172036/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 24.94%

recently purchased the above base unit and TV. i can play Xbox on it and use portable speakers which work fine. However when i switch to PC mode there is no sound and the speakers are not recognised. Is this a manufacturers fault or something else? Please reply asap.

A:No sound from HP Pavilion G5460uk/ Samsung B2230H

What type of cable are you using to connect the PC to the TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-hp-pavilion-g5460uk-samsung-b2230h.171073/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am trying to help a friend out He has a Presario F notebook part KC UA ABC that is running win ultimate retail It has stopped working When the notebook power supply is plugged in that blue light goes on and there is power Presario won't up F700 boot notebook to the notebook but there is nothing after that I can hear the computer trying to boot the fan is working and its a bit warm around that area but i think that might be normal I plugged in a known good external lcd but that didnt help But there might be a key to press like FN to get an external monitor to work i dont know in this case since its not my notebook He doesnt even get the bios info all he gets is a blank screen so maybe an external Presario F700 notebook won't boot up monitor wouldnt work either I should point out Presario F700 notebook won't boot up that when i attempt to boot this laptop i dont get any beeps at all Help would certainly be appreciated Thank You nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/presario-f700-notebook-wont-boot-up.171069/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey everyone I am looking at getting a computer for starwars the old republic needs to release already grr I am thinking of going through Cyberpowerpc com my brother and quite a few of my friends have bought computers from them and they seem to be the cheapest for brand new systems I was hoping I could get some of you to build what you think would be a great computer for TOR. What Wars: for gaming you are new Building running? Star comp gaming I will only be doing games on it and maybe watching movies I have monitor right now i believe is a quot viewsonic I would like to get a quot and have duel monitors I am looking to spend any where from k- k I am looking into getting a SSD with a reg hard drive for Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? storage Any questions or concerns please post them here and i will get back to you ASAP PREFER intel i unless u think i would be better with Over Clocking also if you will be playing starwars tor what kind of rig are u running right now and will be running for the game on release day so i just seen this and sorry for not doing it prior but here is what i kind of want What are you going to use the PC for Starwars TOR movies maybe blue ray maybe not not sure Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? yet thats about it How much is your budget k- k Where are you located a k a fill out your profile San Joaquin Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? County California near stockton modesto ca Are you willing to buy online was looking at cyberpowerpc com I have put together computers myself from newegg com and a couple other places and from what i have seen cyberpower only charges roughly - dollars to put it together for you Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others Yes monitor keyboard mouse and headset prefer throw in speakers ill remove if i want or dont want Have you already bought any parts no i have not bought anything Do you have an Operating System OS I have one from my laptop but i dont think i will be using it so throw in maybe windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup I prefer water cooled CPU GPU I want it to stay cool as it does get hot here during the summer months but ontop of that i would like as little noise as possible and no lights or neons I hate bright lights when im trying to sleep lol nbsp

A:Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running?

I am assuming that your present budget excludes the monitor.

Here's what I suggest:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz - $219.99
ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 - $189.99
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Radeon HD 6950 - $239.99
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 - $149.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) - $69.99
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB - $54.99
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II - $79.99

TOTAL - $1004.93

That leaves you with $700 for OS and peripherals.

I am personally using the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and Logitech MX518 as my keyboard / mouse combo. Really happy with them. However, it's more down to personal preference.

With any cash that's left over you might want to get an SSD/Blu-Ray/etc. Or you might look at getting a second HD 6950 for CF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-gaming-comp-for-star-wars-tor-what-are-you-running.170921/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm looking for a little 10-inch laptop for schoolwork and browsing, not gaming or anything intense like that.
Looking for what recommended minimum specs I should be on the lookout for.

I'm considering this little Samsung 10.1" Netbook featuring Intel Atom N455 Processor (N145)
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...l-atom-n455-processor-n145-n145/10161401.aspx

My local pc folks are selling it for $400 CAD tax included, including $73 upgrade from 1G ram to 4G.
Good price?

I'd rather buy from a local store than purchase online, if not for reliability of purchase and continued support options.

A:Recommended specs for a word processing notebook?

What is the ratio between Canada and US when it comes to money? According to that link the system is on sale until 8/11 for $219.00.

The biggest issues for me would be that the Best Buy offer only has a) Windows 7 Starter installed; not even Home Premium, b) no need for 4 gigs if the operating system is only 32-bit because only a 64-bit OS will utilize 4 gigs and more RAM, c) the Intel Atom is slow.

So, IMO, it isn't worth $400 locally as is and again no need for 4 gigs if the OS is 32-bit. Shop around more and search for a Lenovo x120e system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommended-specs-for-a-word-processing-notebook.169065/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi,

I have a problem when i streamed video on the web such as Youtube, the video appear choppy and jerky while the audio is running ok. But I could run the video smoothly on 240p resolutions but not higher. Is there any setting on the laptop to improve this?

A:Video streaming on the net appear choppy and jerky while audio is running smoothly

Unfortunately I don't have any inspiring ideas, just some standard ones that I can suggest.

A) Make sure you haven't set the battery settings to low. I know on my lap top if I have it set to the power-saving setting than everything runs pretty poorly.

B) Update video card drivers. Usually my first suggestion for anything video related. Or, if you just updated them, roll back to an older version.

C) Make sure you don't have a lot of stuff running in the back ground. Did you download something recentley and then this started happening? Make sure it isn't doing funny stuff in the back ground.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Like I said, it's nothing unorthodox, really, but hopefully it might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-streaming-on-the-net-appear-choppy-and-jerky-while-audio-is-running-smoothly.168738/
Relevancy 50.31%

Im not very good with computers, I only really know how to turn it on and type.

I got a HP Pavilion dv4 1465dx notebook last year. The RAM is 4.00 GB, and the Harddrive is 194GB free of 286 GB. It uses Windows Vista.

My sister has all of Sims2 games and expansions.

I always try and diskcleanup and get rid of unneccessary things when I can, but ive always wanted to play games with my friends but couldnt since I got it and BEFORE my sis put sims on it. Often I feel like my older desktop is faster than this.

I was wondering if there was anything I can do? When i googled many people said 4.00 GB RAM was enough to play games so im not really sure why its so slow.

Thanks!

A:Making HP Pavilion dv4 1465dx notebook faster?

Download and run free Surperantispyware and tell us what it finds. What antivirus program is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-hp-pavilion-dv4-1465dx-notebook-faster.168298/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I Dimension slow 2350 running Dell know this Dell is rather old but it is all I have for use until I have saved for a new laptop Dell Dimension 2350 running slow My problem with it is that it is very slow It has a GHz Intel Celeron CPU and MB of RAM and it runs Windows XP Home Edition but when I attempt to browse the web via Google Chrome or Firefox or any browser it s really slow Trying to load a video on YouTube on this thing is pretty much impossible I assumed this was just normal behaviour for a machine this old but I was told by a friend that MB should be more than enough to run Windows XP without it being this slow I constantly get the quot virtual memory minimum too low quot message while trying to visit Twitter or Facebook or even when checking my mail I ve just tried increasing the virtual memory and I will check if that has made any difference but I d just like to know if there s anything else that can be done to improve this machine s performance Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Dell Dimension 2350 running slow

here are things I do to maintain my computer at its top potential:
1. update OS
2. update antivirus definition and regular scanning with antivirus and antimalware will help.
3. update device driver.
4. HDD check - chkdsk /r

hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-2350-running-slow.160796/
Relevancy 19.78%

My PSU is about - years old I just opened my case up to start running it PSU stops fan and I to manually have clean my GFX card and PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it then turned it on and noticed that my PSU fan isn t running The fan is right at the bottom of the PSU so it s parallel to the ground and the fan is facing the ground I couldn t really get a good search of the PSU online PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it but it s a cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC It has red numbers saying so I assume it s watts and the fan is volts Motherboard biostar Tforce P PSU cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC My fan isn t running when my computer is turned on and i have to take a pencil or something to manually start the spinning while the computer is on Ocassionally it ll even stop moving after a while computer still on and i have to manually spin it again Is this reparable Can I get gell on the PSU fan because it seems to be a little cloggy How big of an issue is it that my PSU fan isn t working It s really hot right now environment -wise being summer and the PSU fan not running kinda scares me nbsp

A:PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it

I would either try to replace the fan if you know what you are doing or replace the whole power supply. I wouldn't run the PC if the power supply fan isn't working. You risk burning out the PSU and when it blows it could take out other components with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-fan-stops-running-and-i-have-to-manually-start-it.167728/