Windows Support Forum

Cannot start up, fix or reinstall XP: getting Page fault BSOD with rec console

Q: Cannot start up, fix or reinstall XP: getting Page fault BSOD with rec console

The computer is a reinstall up, BSOD console Cannot getting or XP: Page fault rec fix with start Dell Vostro Laptop Luckily after the first time I had errors I backed up all the important data directories over my home network to my desktop OS XP SP Memory GB DDR - memory Cannot start up, fix or reinstall XP: getting Page fault BSOD with rec console has already been tested repeatedly so it s not the issue Have also started it with just the GB or GB stick to see if anything changed it didn t Processor Intel core duo GHz Video Nvidia GS IIRC - would have to go to Dell and look up with the service tag to be sure BIOS is fully upgraded from Dell page last upgraded about a year ago and I check back every couple months just to be safe - BIOS version A No updates installed in the last couple months except the usual automatic stuff from microsoft no hardware updates The only hardware not OSM is the GB memory stick machine shipped with two s Base Problems It says that WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM is missing when I try to boot normally or using safe mode or last known good configuration Attempting to use Recovery Console from the OSM disk provided by Dell I was able to fix this once two weeks ago at which point I made my data backups The problem recurred and now attempting to recover or even to reinstall the OS completely results in a Page Fault BSOD Running from the CD drive choosing E drive doesn t cause any issues be it a memory check self-booting CD accessing E from the recovery console or even a linux-based AV Rescue CD Edit But all this does is get me to a command prompt where I can SEE the contents of the HD but not copy or change it for the past months or so the machine has had an odd issue of the video not working screen lights up but is black unless started while warm Typically this has meant letting the machine boot up then either hard-shudown by holding down the power button then restarting or blindly hitting the window key arrow up hit enter then right arrow over a couple times to get the non-visible selection onto restart and hitting enter to begin restart I got fairly good at that actually it s only keystrokes Of course this started a couple months after the warranty amp service agreement ran out This doesn t appear to be directly related to the issue but may be what knocked out the SYSTEM file iin the first place from a hard shutdown restart Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot start up, fix or reinstall XP: getting Page fault BSOD with rec console

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot start up, fix or reinstall XP: getting Page fault BSOD with rec console

I have several backups of the system file present in the directory. I can see them by choosing 2: (the windows cd in the drive), then doing a DIR command on the C:\Windows\system32\config\ folder.

However, going in that way, I can't make the darn thing et me change into the C:\windows\ folder or any sub-folder, or rename any files inside (though it does let me get to the C:\ directory). Any work-arounds?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-start-up-fix-or-reinstall-xp-getting-page-fault-bsod-with-rec-console.157602/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hey all,

I've hit a wall with this one. A Dell Dimension 8300 running Windows XP Media Center Edition starts blue screening after some virus activity and gives this BSOD upon booting:

Page Fault In Non-Paged Area - 0x00000050 (0xC1C80000, 0x00000000, 0x804DADF8, 0x00000000)

Using a IDE/USB harness, I plud the hard drive from the dimension into my laptop through a USB port and receive the exact same BSOD.

I try using the reinstallation CD to run the recovery console. Just seconds into that operation, I receive the following BSOD:

Page Fault in Non-Paged Area - 0x00000050 (0xC1F00000, 0x00000000, 0x80807DE8, 0x00000000)

All I really want to do with this hard drive is pull the data off of it (it's a friends computer, he's got pictures of his kids on it, etc.). Any ideas on fixes?

-Dan

A:Page Fault BSOD Windows Boot and Recovery Console

can it boot into safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-fault-bsod-windows-boot-and-recovery-console.1022407/
Relevancy 72.67%

Okay so when I play World of Warcraft for minutes- hours the game randomly shuts down I found out my problem was that my Video Card isnt up to date so I updated I updated and im still getting the same issue I looked at my EPU- Engine and when i click on VGA it says VGA [SOLVED] Area BSOD not Page Driver less or Page Non Equal IQRL Fault not detected Can someone please tell me what the possible problem can be and how I can fix this My graphics [SOLVED] BSOD Driver IQRL not less or Equal Page Fault Non Page Area card is a ATI Radeon HD mb I cant attach mini-dumps because for some odd reason it I apparently dont have permission so if anyone know how to bypass through this please let me know System specs Motherboard ASUS M A -M Processor AMD Phenom II X GHz RAM GBDDR VGA ATI RADEON HD mb Oh and by the way it sometimes goes blackscreen with these lines coming down while the game plays in the background and I have to manually turn off my computer Sometimes it gives me BSODs with PAGE FAULT NON PAGE AREA or IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

A:[SOLVED] BSOD Driver IQRL not less or Equal Page Fault Non Page Area

Smells like video card puttering out.

Are you referring to a permission denial by attempting to attach the dumps directly? You'll need to zip them first before sending them over, as only certain file types are permitted. Plus there's a 5 MB limit (doubt that's the cause though).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-driver-iqrl-not-less-or-equal-page-fault-non-page-area-565765.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Guys I been facing some issues with my relatively new CPU I have an Intel i cpu combined with GB DDR memory Mobo is DH BL - revision No GPU installed Power supply is via Corsair VX Problem i been facing BSOD saying BSOD(Page page interrupt hangs area/Clock not + recd) Non Facing fault that A clock interrupt wasnt recd Screenshot - http i tinypic com lbhc jpg BSOD Facing BSOD(Page fault Non page area/Clock interrupt not recd) + hangs saying Page fault in non paging area Couldnt grab a screenshot for this Display randomly goes off for a split second and reappears but the color of the panes go blue i havent chosen blue My setting is Facing BSOD(Page fault Non page area/Clock interrupt not recd) + hangs for clear pane Screenshot - http i tinypic Facing BSOD(Page fault Non page area/Clock interrupt not recd) + hangs com o vfs png This error solves itself after random number of hours mins Display vanishes for a split second and reappears and a small balloon at the bottom right corner prompts that the display driver had stopped working System plain hangs stops responding Randomly happens but more so while on youtube or after hrs of it idling i come back to the comp and try to scroll the content onscreen Sometime it revives from the stuck state as if nothing happened sometimes i have to give it a cold boot While reading forums with blue bands the blue bands kinda form blurry bars which stretch till the end of the screen I tried to grab a screenshot but the screenshots were clean The bands moved as i dragged the image about Also my comp's display went off one day and within a second came back with a blue-ish hue It restored itself but again has gone back to blue-ish I never have overclocked my processor What can be the reason for this Pls help me out here Other relevant information Windows x No other OS resides installed on system Full Retail Version OS was installed in July The cpu mobo were purchased in July I had Dynet RAM x GB each now using Corsair x GB Purchased in Aug i think The issue of hanging etc was faced with the Dynet RAM as well RAM info http i tinypic com hrolw png http i tinypic com neuxzk png

A:Facing BSOD(Page fault Non page area/Clock interrupt not recd) + hangs

33 of 44 crashes were related (as you surmised ) to a Bugcheck of 101. The rest were various hardware complaints. Please read below for what to try.

STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg
You should also update to SP-1 when you resolve this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223527-facing-bsod-page-fault-non-page-area-clock-interrupt-not-recd-hangs.html
Relevancy 72.24%

this is my 1st post so i hope im doing everything right. ive had this problem from the beginning, when i built this computer. it just happens more so when im playing online games. i get 3 different errors the most common one is the page fault non page error the other two are dxgmms1.sys and memory management something. i thought it might be bad ram so a ran memtest86+ and everything came back good. i also thought it might be a bad install so i ran a repair and it found NET framework 4.0 was bad, so i downloaded it again. i thought it was fixed but its still doing it, crashes. please help

A:BSOD mostly when playing mmos page fault non page error

Welcome,

You have 32 GB of RAM. Are all the ram speed/clocks at the same level?

How many passes did you take memtest for? Did you try inserting each stick in different slots and see how your computer performs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257162-bsod-mostly-when-playing-mmos-page-fault-non-page-error.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Here are my system specs:
AMD 2200+
WinXP Pro SP2
760MB Ram
nVIDIA GForce 4 video

My computer will randomly shut down with either the page fault in non page area or driver not less of equal errors.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for the video and usb.

I don't know what else to do.

Will

A:BSOD Page Fault in Non Page Area/ Driver not less or equal

Hi flannelman,

Please give us the exact error message.

Thanks,

Rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28411/bsod-page-fault-in-non-page-area-driver-not-less-or-equal/
Relevancy 71.81%

everything on my laptop was running fine and i was in normal mode converting a video reinstall. in windows normal, start safemode, console recovery cannot or but then a quick flash of blue with a small amount of writing poped up for a milli second and the screen turned off the computer was cannot start windows in safemode, normal, recovery console or reinstall. still running but nothing happened so i turned it off and turned it back on and it would do the same thing when i was trying to enter in normal mode so i tired in safemode and it said that there was files missing from C windows system So i just decided to cannot start windows in safemode, normal, recovery console or reinstall. reinstall it but after i accept the terms and agreements of microsoft it says searching for previous version of windows but it freezes and stays like that no matter how long i leave it and also i have cannot start windows in safemode, normal, recovery console or reinstall. tried to use windows recovery console but as soon as i type in and then enter it freezes so i have no idea what to do i have looked at this other thread but it was no help because i cannot reinstall windows http www techsupportforum com f le- html i have nothing on my laptop that i want to keep so i dont mind anything getting wiped as i have had to reinstall it times this week because after installing drivers display sound the computer would run extremely slow and it would take an actual hour to boot up my laptop is a Toshiba satelite PSA A and is running on windows XP pro

A:cannot start windows in safemode, normal, recovery console or reinstall.

greetings.

I would suggest wiping the disc before trying to install windows again
you can use http://www.dban.org/ - boot and nuke.

use that first then run the windows xp installer again.

regards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-start-windows-in-safemode-normal-recovery-console-or-reinstall-297250.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So just today, i turn on my computer, but i receive a BSOD, that says "Page fault in a Non page Area",
After some researching i clean my computer, and still receive the error.

I can safely boot into safe mode, and after booting into safe mode i can then boot into windows 7 (Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit) normally after restarting. But the computer just goes not responding, and i can't do anything.

I've run memtest but there's no problems.
I also have a minidump file.

Is there any solution to this?

A:Solved: BSOD Page Fault in Non Page Area

The minidump is showing klif.sys, Klif Mini-Filter fre_wnet_x86 from Kaspersky Lab, as the probable cause for your BSOD. Basically, it's a driver part of your Kaspersky software.

You may have installed a 32-bit version of Kaspersky on a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Uninstall Kaspersky completely and try your computer again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bsod-page-fault-in-non-page-area.948839/
Relevancy 71.38%

I keep getting BSOD at random times. Sometimes it crashes while I am not even doing anything. I have tried to reinstall windows couple times with different versions of Windows 7 x64. I have attached the mini dump files. Please help. Thank you

A:I keep getting Page fault in non page area BSOD on Windows 7

Hello,

I suspect bad RAM. Try testing it, using this guide:sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Sorry about the non-parsed link, I had to edit it to avoid detection by the forum software, which apparently prohibits new members like myself from posting links.

Firefox.exe was running in 2 dumps, which makes me suspect a network issue. Remove Norton, as per these directions: jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

Replace it with MSE: microsoft.com/security_essentials

Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Thu Oct 28 21:38:56.276 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:45:02.587
BugCheck 50, {fffffa81856a0358, 0, fffff80002a8fb9b, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+27f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:59:36.070 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:01.382
BugCheck 1A, {5002, fffff70001080000, 2704, 2785fffffffe}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2971c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5002
PROCESS_NAME: sidebar.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:57:40.689 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:36:04.000
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400202d8, 0, fffff80002aec2e2, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Sun Oct 17 13:09:16.691 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:32.002
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400543b0, 0, fffff800028d12e2, 5}
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-keep-getting-page-fault-in-non-page-area-bsod-on-windows-7.155688/
Relevancy 71.38%

I got this error when I installed Advance System Care and when i scanned my USB with noob killer. Then the P.C restarted and it started to displays the page fault in non page area.

The problem is when i boot in window xp cd it display this BOD error and when i boot Safe mode and Start windows normally it only reboot the P.C. So there is no way i can access the control tab window xp

My current p.C until i bought a new one :
Intel Pentium III ~ 1000Mhz ~ 192mb RAM ~ 15 GB disk and 40 slave HD

I need your expert advice thanks!!!

Relevancy 70.09%

For some reason my wireless internet connection deleted itself s So i decided to do a system restore back to a previous point This was successful and the wireless connection was setup again However the same problem occured when i attempted to do another system restore the computer failed to boot It console reinstall Computer Admin password asks up, wont it or recovery for use start because Cant turns on ok but with a black screen showing a msg which says quot initiating quot some process sorry i forgot Computer wont start up, Cant use recovery console or reinstall because it asks for Admin password ill post what it keeps saying when i get back home to the broken pc The real problem i have now is when i went to my boot options to do somthing like a reinstall it asked for my admin password This is normally no problem but for some reason its not accepting my password saying its invalid I m not sure if some virus has somehow changed my Admin password because i am positive i am typing in the correct password I am locked out of my pc unable to do any reinstall or anything Is there anyway i can restore my pc without losing the data Even if i end up having to take it to some kind of pc repair shop that would be preferable as there are some invaluable photos documents etc However i am a bit reluctant to give it over to someone else to repair it as the pc also some of my bank account details on there Is there any solution Thanks in advance

A:Computer wont start up, Cant use recovery console or reinstall because it asks for Admin password

Hi booworthy,

It's an interesting problem, so getting the full error message would be helpful.

Zllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229495/computer-wont-start-up-cant-use-recovery-console-or-reinstall-because-it-asks-for-admin-password/
Relevancy 70.09%

I've been getting a BSOD for quite some time. (about 3 or 4 months)
At first they would usually pop up when I've had the computer for most of the day, but recently they've just come as they please.
I've done a Memory Diagnostics and it showed no problems.
I've included from what I've read I believe to be a minidump of the BSOD.
I've decided to send multiple errors I found in my system event log just to be on the safe side since I don't know which errors I'm looking for.
If you could find anything that could explain what is causing this, please let me know.

Thank you.

A:Page fault in non page area BSOD

I've also read the sticky in the BSOD topic and completed steps 1-4.
I've included that as well.
Unfortunately, I do not know all the parts in my computer since I was not the one that bought them or put the computer together.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/page-fault-in-non-page-area-bsod-552713.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I'm Wayne

Windows version : Windows 7 Ultimate
PC Specs : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340 CPU @3.10GHz 3.30GHz
RAM : 8.00GB
64 bit
Manufacturer : Gigabyte Technology
Graphics : Nvidia GeForce GT 630

I Got a BSoD with some of the following text " CDD.DLL PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA "
I ran the Chkdsk Tool on windows and scanned with AVG and got nothing.
I'm pretty sure it's a RAM related problem , but not too sure , so I downloaded the SF diagnosis tool to get info to upload , please evaluate the logs and see if you can see a problem , thanks.

A:Bsod , cdd.dll , page fault in non page area

Hello, WayneTrain welcome to the Forums. I will try to help you. First start off by uninstalling all of the Gigabyte utilities as they are known BSOD causers. Next, reinstall your graphics drivers using this method
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

See if that makes any differences to your system. Your dump files showed

Code:
nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`072ba000 fffff880`07da2000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 10 06:44:34 2013 (51DD4922)
CheckSum: 00ABC1B3
ImageSize: 00AE8000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The drivers are pretty old and need updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357662-bsod-cdd-dll-page-fault-non-page-area.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi there, I've recently been getting some weird crashes when I play Age of Empires 3. I'm not sure about other games, as this is the only one I've played in quite awhile. Randomly, I will get a BSOD, sometimes not at all though. The last one I got said PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I've attached 6 (2 zips) minidumps in hopes that somebody can help me out

EDIT: I've read the pinned thread on what to do before attaching minidumps and completed (as best i could) all of the steps, but still get a BSOD. I have 1GB of memory, but it's in 4 sticks of 256MB so I couldn't really switch to a new slot. I did, however, clean the contacts.

A:Page Fault In Non Page Area Bsod

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidumps are quite old, being from december of last year.

Please post 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Also, please go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-non-page-area-bsod.43993/
Relevancy 70.09%

hi,
i just installed win 7 and installed all my drivers successfully,after an hour i got a bsod stating -page fault in non page area.Its been two days since am gettin this. i can log in and use my pc for some minutes before the bsod shows up..o and my pc is only 2 months old.please help.

A:BSOD-page fault in non page area

Hello Trx8 and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD Analyse

I'm suspecting 3rd party drivers, let's enable Driver Verifier.

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "IRP Logging", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next" ("Special Pool" may be able to be used depending on amount of RAM and errors being seen. In situations with small amounts of RAM, DO NOT select it),
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and locate the memory dump file. If present, turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page. Then, zip up the memory dump file(s) and upload them with your next post. If no dump files were generated, post back for further suggestions.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys to stop Driver Verifier from loading (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel

3rd party drivers (be aware of them)

Code:
gdrv.sys Fri Mar 13 04:22:29 2009 (49B9D175)
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 19:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
intelppm.sys Tue Jul 14 01:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
intelide.sys Tue Jul 14 01:19:48 2009 (4A5BC114)
gdmwmprt.sys Mon Aug 17 07:02:58 2009 (4A88E482)
gdmuwm.sys Fri Nov 13 05:17:30 2009 (4AFCDDDA)
AppleCharger.sys Mon Jan 10 10:57:29 2011 (4D2AD809)
L1C62x64.sys Tue Mar 22 06:32:33 2011 (4D883471)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jun 7 14:45:44 2011 (4DEE1D78)
idmwfp.sys Thu Jan 26 14:47:36 2012 (4F215978)
AtihdW76.sys Fri May 11 10:25:40 2012 (4FACCD04)
atikmpag.sys Tue Jun 26 17:22:10 2012 (4FE9D3A2)
atikmdag.sys Tue Jun 26 18:04:19 2012 (4FE9DD83)
gdrv.sys
amdxata.sys
intelppm.sys
intelide.sys
gdmwmprt.sys
gdmuwm.sys
AppleCharger.sys
L1C62x64.sys
RTKVHD64.sys
idmwfp.sys
AtihdW76.sys
atikmpag.sys
atikmdag.sys

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243181-bsod-page-fault-non-page-area.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I was on the internet playing a game and all of a sudden the screen froze and crashed to a BSOD. The error was BSOD Page Fault in Non Page Area, I'm confused at to why this happened and was wondering if anyone could help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-non-page-area.968725/
Relevancy 70.09%

This might be a little longish and for that I apologize This morning I turned on my Windows Ultimate Dell XPS and it ran for a few minutes and in fault BSOD area non-page Page threw the BSOD error code described in the title Let the system reboot it ran for a few minutes and did the same thing OK Now we have a pattern I'm not sure what it means but there is a pattern I tried to restore to a previous date June th and today is the th and everything seemed to be BSOD Page fault in non-page area going ok until it was complete Now the system is restarted but I'm getting no video except for the cursor I have video during POST but nothing except the cursor after Windows starts Same thing happens during start up or start up in safe mode Obviously I can't see anything on the screen so I can't troubleshoot very extensively but if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate your help

A:BSOD Page fault in non-page area

Since Vista and 7 are very similar, and I just had the "black screen with cursor only" issue myself, this may help you, but I think it may be graphics driver related. I went to update my Nvidia graphics drivers, and it must not have worked properly, because all i got upon boot was a black screen with a cursor. i would get the windows boot logo and animation, and then it would go to a black screen.
I did not get the BSOD, because I have the pagefile turned off(I have 8GB of system RAM).

For my solution, you will need 2 things: current Nvidia drivers, and a program called driver sweeper.

First, boot in safe mode, and go into your control panel, and "uninstall" the nvidia graphics drivers. it sounds stupid, but this is the only effective way to uninstall the graphics drivers because of the software nvidia bundles with them. Next, run driver sweeper, and get rid of all remnants of the graphics card drivers. Then, reboot. First, go into a regular boot to see if you get video on the generic drivers from windows. If you do, your cards are good, reboot again, and go into safemode once again. If you dont get video upon normal reboot with generic drivers, see the * after this. Once back in safe mode, run the nvidia installer package, as administrator. It will install, and will prompt you to reboot. Reboot into a normal boot cycle and you should be fine, and have video again.

* if you boot into a normal boot, and you have followed the steps to remove your graphics drivers, you will be using windows generic ones. If you dont have video here, your graphics card may be faulty, or your hardware may be faulty, and you should contact your computer manufacturer for tech support or for an RMA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171948-bsod-page-fault-non-page-area.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I fault in area page non page BSOD have been having issues with the BSOD since I first turned on the Laptop It was a very good price so I kept it dispsite the BSOD problems I have checked the drivers and updated what was updateable I flashed the Bios as newer version was available BSOD message changed between the Fault in non page area one about NTSF and one with no reason Originally the BSOD would pop up unexpectedly I have to restored or repaired every time I start up the Laptop That has changed now it seems to only happen at system start ups I can restart the laptop repeatedly with no problems once it is stable As long as there is a very short off time quot restart quot If I turn it off for a few hours overnight or for days I have to start the repair restore procedure all over again Until it is stabilized I have tried making a restore check point before turning off and going directly to the restore on thr next start up This seems to be a temporary work around until I can find the cause and correct it Also running a registry checker and repairing it has stopped the need to do factory resets as BSOD page fault in non page area the system BSOD page fault in non page area becomes more and more unstable with each BSOD Note The clock does NOT lose time So that rules out the internal battery I keep it plugged into a power outlet all the times There are NO AC and Battery problems I hope you can find the reason for the crashes in the attached files I hope I have attached and collected the files correctly

A:BSOD page fault in non page area

Please visit the below link for resolution :-
TechyKorner: Windows 7 BSOD error 0x00000050

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/191085-bsod-page-fault-non-page-area.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I am getting sick of BSOD's I recently changed by video card because i was experiencing BSOD: page fault in area non Page the stripe BSOD: Page fault in non page area problem with my XFX hd Now i used rma to get a new videocard and i got a Sapphire Vapor-X HD I got it juli so ignore the events before that because that was probebly my old videocard Only now i am experiencing random BSOD's I BSOD: Page fault in non page area got one just now when i was only running a virus scan kaspersky was the only program running I also got one during gaming Alien Swarm but it doesnt even matter cause it does it with all games And i got one BSOD during downloading newsgroups with grabit I currently am remote desktoping to my home pc to make the zip file needed for this post so the test might say that the network is a bit overloaded since i am running the test remotely I just saw the test is done and it said some nic's are disabled and that tungle a vpn is disabled Just ignore those since i disabled them because i dont use them I also checked my primairy harddisk intel ssd gig with hdtune pro and it did not find any errors Further more i uses memtest for my memory a while ago and it also didnt report any issues All drivers are up to date and so is windows So ignore network related issue's since this is not the problem And ignore problems before juli since i got a new videocard And perfmon said i didnt have antivirus but i do since i use kaspersky Please check out the zip file to locate my problem I personally think it is a ram related issue since its a page fault but memtest did not find anything

A:BSOD: Page fault in non page area

What memtest did you run? Be sure to use Memtest86:

Quote: Originally Posted by JK

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

I know 3rd party anti-virus programs are famous for causing BSODs in Windows 7 and Vista, and Kaspersky is certainly one of them. Please remove it with this tool: http://support.kaspersky.com/downloa...vremover10.zip

Replace it with the free Microsoft Security Essentials: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

If that does not work, please enable driver verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

...Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue Jul 20 13:56:10.507 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:49:51.600
BugCheck 50, {fffffa80029bc00b, 0, fffff800030a043b, 2}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+41b )
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon Jul 19 15:17:30.014 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:21:55.106
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a01548d0d8, 1, fffff880010f7920, 2}
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamLogForNL+7b )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 14 17:54:34.441 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:41:56.050
BugCheck 50, {fffffa8044ac1440, 0, fffff88001089424, 5}
Probably caused by : fileinfo.sys ( fileinfo!FIStreamFillStreamInfo+14 )
Debug session time: Wed Jun 30 12:13:06.392 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:18.485
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a010dcb410, 0, fffff8800515584f, 2}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::FlushPendingCPUAccess+57 )
Debug session time: Wed Jun 30 13:40:41.760 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:43.853
BugCheck 50, {fffffb5862c589e4, 1, fffff80002e633b0, 7}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteAllHashMappings+170 )
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
Debug session time: Wed Jul 21 02:20:01.505 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:29:52.598
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88003954578, fffff88003953de0, fffff8000308e9e9}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsDeleteScb+108 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98890-bsod-page-fault-non-page-area.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I ve lately been getting the BSOD after installing all the Sims expansion packs It s page BSOD fault in non - Page area really annoying me because i don t know what to do I m going to attach the mini dump files because i saw that on BSOD - Page fault in non page area a similar question My drivers are fully updated I ve gotten the following information BSOD - Page fault in non page area from opening files on dxdiag i don t think it s going to help but hopefully OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name COMPUTER System Model MS- System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys and this OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX BSOD - Page fault in non page area Microsoft Corporation Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Antivirus None Please help if you need more info then tell me Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD - Page fault in non page area

Your BSOD errors are being caused by nv4_disp.dll, which is an Nvidia graphics card driver. The BSODs are occurring while TS3SP03.exe is running, and TS3SP03.exe is related to SIMS3.

If the BSOD only occurs when playing the SIMS3, it would be difficult to blame the graphics card drivers. On the other hand, updating or re-installing the Nvidia graphics drivers might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-non-page-area.997787/
Relevancy 70.09%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, x64 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 61344 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., M61PME-S2P
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
Cpu usage sits at high 80's low 90's when app's are running
iexplorer.exe running at 22,000 when explorer is closed

Hi, still new to finding my way round a PC, so be gentle

A:BsoD Page Fault in Non Page Area

Please follow this small guide to attach your minidump files so they can be analysed.
First locate your minidump files, open Windows Explorer and click on the C: drive in the left pane, in the right pane look down the list of folders and double click on Windows to view its contents. NOTE: If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. Scroll down the contents of the Windows folder and look for a folder called minidump and double click on it. You should now see the minidump files which will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
NOTE: To zip up the files in Windows (all versions). Right click the file, click on Send To, and then click
Compressed (zipped) Folder. That will create a zip folder containing a copy of the file, you should see it appear.

If there is more than one .dmp file click on the first one, hold down the shift key and then click on the last one. That should highlight all the files. Then right click in the highlighted area, click on Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a new window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and click on it so it becomes highlighted and click on Open.
Now click on the Upload button. Wait for the Upload to complete, it will appear just below the Browse box.
When done, click on the Close this window button at the top of the page.
Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-non-page-area.1100306/
Relevancy 70.09%

Please help, my computer keeps restarting with the BSOD. The error it give is page_fault_in_nonpage_area. I have basic computer skills, so if you could please walk me through a fix on this I would really really appreciate it. I am running windows xp on a dell.

Thank you so much in advance!

A:BSOD Page fault in non page area

Boot off of the Windows Disc Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn Boot off of the CD and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools, or WD DataLifeGuardin my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and Advanced tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-page-fault-in-non-page-area-655518.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an ASUS Win 7 laptop. It keeps giving me a BSOD at any time. I have uploaded a zip file with hopefully helpful info.

A:Win 7 BSOD page fault in non page area

Welcome .

One bugcheck is not enough to establish a pattern, if you have some more please upload those as well.

We can see that by looking at the stack that something called win32k in order refresh a window
(redraw) but it hung for some reason and that Kaspersky (klif.sys) could have been involved
in some way or another not much info here.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
0xfffff880050aafb0 : 0xfffff960000e0000 : "win32k!DereferenceW32Process <PERF> (win32k+0x0)"
0xfffff880050ab028 : 0xfffff960000ffc0d : win32k!RGNOBJ::bCopy+0x5d
0xfffff880050ab068 : 0xfffff960003c8500 : win32k!gpvwplHungRedraw
0xfffff880050ab088 : 0xfffff800030c5cee : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
0xfffff880050ab090 : 0x0000000000000008 : Trap @ fffff880050ab090
0xfffff880050ab0f8 : 0xfffff960001ad1fb : win32k!xxxSendMessageToClient+0x1f7
0xfffff880050ab168 : 0xfffff960001acaa7 : win32k!xxxSendMessageTimeout+0x2b6
0xfffff880050ab1a8 : 0xfffff960001687b5 : win32k!DEVLOCKOBJ::bLock+0x411
0xfffff880050ab1b8 : 0xfffff960001a7f5b : win32k!XDCOBJ::RestoreAttributes+0x3b
0xfffff880050ab248 : 0xfffff960001ae249 : win32k!ClearHungFlag+0x41
0xfffff880050ab278 : 0xfffff960001261f1 : win32k!xxxBeginPaint+0x2ad
0xfffff880050ab2d8 : 0xfffff960001bf2ec : win32k!NtUserBeginPaint+0x8c
0xfffff880050ab378 : 0xfffff960001c27bd : win32k!NtUserGetProp+0x6d
0xfffff880050ab3a8 : 0xfffff800030c6e53 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
0xfffff880050ab3b0 : 0xfffffa80109d4b50 : Trap @ fffff880050ab3b0
0xfffff880050ab3c8 : 0xfffff80003394eb9 : nt!CmpDoOpen+0x319
I see that you have a mix of RAM modules:

Code:
[Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 28 - Handle 0040h]
Physical Memory Array Handle 003fh
Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided]
Total Width 64 bits
Data Width 64 bits
Size 4096MB
Form Factor 0dh - SODIMM
Device Set [None]
Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0
Bank Locator BANK 0
Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved
Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous
Speed 1333MHz
Manufacturer Elpida
Serial Number
Asset Tag Number
Part Number EBJ41UF8BCS0-DJ-F
[Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 28 - Handle 0041h]
Physical Memory Array Handle 003fh
Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided]
Total Width 64 bits
Data Width 64 bits
Size 4096MB
Form Factor 0dh - SODIMM
Device Set [None]
Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM0
Bank Locator BANK 2
Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved
Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous
Speed 1333MHz
Manufacturer 859B
Serial Number
Asset Tag Number
Part Number CT51264BC160B.M16F
Did the issues start shortly after upgrading?

Please test the RAM for errors or else debugging a faulty / mismatched RAM is futile.
Testing the RAM:

Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77

Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308724-win-7-bsod-page-fault-non-page-area.html
Relevancy 70.09%

- x64 Win 7 home premium
- the original installed OS on the system? yes
- OEM version
- What is the age of system (hardware)?- 2 months old
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 months old and no.

- HP P6674Y Pavilion Quad Core Phenom II 2.8Ghz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA3, Windows 7 Home I did instal a video card: PowerColor AX3450 512MD2-H Radeon HD 3450 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card and bigger PS: Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W and 2GB additional: SAMSUNG 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory ram when I first got it. The bsod has just started the last 2 days.

A:Page fault in non page area bsod

Hello there. I think that here you need to run a Check Disk tool.
Disk Check

Forget.
Ken answered you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160331-page-fault-non-page-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 69.23%

In the 2 weeks I have been getting a Page Fault in Non-Paged Area BSOD about 25 s after the windows image is shown during POST. I restart and run the system restore and everything is OK. This is has happened intermittently in the last 2 weeks. The only thing that has changed is that I purchased a new Video Card

-eVGA GeForce 220 GT Superclocked 1 G DDR3

only reason I purchased it was my original card died (was a GeForce 8500 GT) and I needed a card that was compatible with my Gateway's Power supply (300 W).

Would this is be the cause of the issue. Or is it something else.

System Specs:

Windows 7 32-Bit Ultimate
Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz
3 Gigs of Ram
320 G HD
GeForce 220 GT Superclocked 1 G DDR3
300 W Power Supply

Essentially if you go on the Gateway website it is model # GT5634H

Relevancy 68.8%

G'day all,
I having a problem with booting. I've tried booting in all mode but just goes back to the start. Tried recovery console and reinstalling. I'm always stopped with a BSOD. Which tells me that my hard drive is stuffed and I should run CHKDSK /F. But I can't get a command prompt up to do this.
Then it's got at the bottom Tech info.

Stop: 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xF7CA2B74, 0xF7CA2870,0xF7405746

ntfs.sys - Address F7405746 base at F73F4000, Data stamp 41107eea

Can you please help me, Thank you

A:BSOD- Can't boot on safe mode, recovery console or reinstall

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try running one of these hard drive utilities from HERE. See if that helps.

If not. Take out your hard drive and put it in another computer as a slave. get your important data off of it.

Put it back into your computer and reformat and reinstall.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-cant-boot-on-safe-mode-recovery-console-or-reinstall.48053/
Relevancy 68.37%

Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA Registry Fault Many Thanks in advance this is my first time I have had a PC problem MY PC is th mth old Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista x GB RAM The problem started when I was watching a video clip on Windows media player The screen started breaking up on to horizontal coloured lines predomenantly Pink and the PC froze I tried rebooting in safe mode however it wouldn t allow howevere managed to do Start up repair At first I was getting a blue screen Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA however after reboot a number of times including running CHKDSK and startup repair the system eventually let me through to the windows log on screen After logging the sreen you access programms from the screens breaking up again on to horizontal coloured lines I have tried cleaning dust from PAGE / IN FAULT PAGE Registry AREA Ntfs.sys NON Fault inside case and removed and re inserted RAM Tried repeating checks e g start up repair and receive the following - Problem Event Name Start Repair V Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Corrupt Registry Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Rollback Registry Problem Signature OS Version Locate ID Diagnosis amp Repair details Startup Repair diagnosis amp repair log Last successful boot time am GMT Number of Repair Attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of Root causes Tests performed Name check for updates Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name system disk test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk failure diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk metadata test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name target os test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault takes ms Tests performed Name volume content chack Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot manager diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name Event log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name internal state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot status test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name set up state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name registry hives test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Root cause found Repair action Registry roll back Result failed error Code x Time taken ms Finally Not sure if this would have anything to do with it however I downloaded Quicktime to play music clip about a minutes earlier before the problem started happening Also I have family photos on the PC which are not backed up and would like to protect then of possible nbsp

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault

the error means that your PC asked for a page of memory , and the page was not available. when the operation could not continue, it BSOD'd and shut down. Its usually happens as a result of a hardware that is misfiring or failing. The 'Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area' and "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD's often show up consecutively and alternately. Things to try to correct or identify the problem are to restore your machine to the last know working configuration. if the problem keeps appearing run disk check for errors on your HDD. if that shows nothing, the next most likely suspect is a problem with the Ram. You can download any number of programs that will test your ram for errors. Win 7 has a built in memory test (not sure about the RC though) and you do not have to burn a disc to run it. Hope that helps some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-non-page-area-registry-fault.149446/
Relevancy 67.94%

Just did a malware scan and ended up with bsod. Please check my mini dump and advise on what to try.

Hjalmer

A:Recent crash issues system exception bsod and Page Fault bsod

Tried loading Malware Byte and had BSOD:

On Thu 4/3/2014 2:19:27 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040314-17440-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800030B7D79, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327301-recent-crash-issues-system-exception-bsod-page-fault-bsod.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been receiving seemingly random BSOD crashes I get STOP x xE B BFC x x F x PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Address F base at DateStamp ntoskrnl exe Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group I have removed any software hardware that was added around the time the crashes started I ve defragged- hard drives and pagefiles I ve run spyware and adaware removers I ve done memory tests I ve set my pagefiles BSOD fault Page to zero restarted then set them to the recommended values I ve dusted the Page fault BSOD computer and moved my one piece of RAM to the other slot The crash does not occur when the computer is idle- only when I am using it The crash does not seem to be linked to any specific programs I run for I have ran different combos of programs as well as no programs at all Page fault BSOD when the crash occurs My startup programs are atwtusb exe beta s apphk exe mobsync exe Page fault BSOD vptray exe adobe gamme loader exe ultramon exe I am running win k SP on a Compaq Presario To install k I had to install SE first and then add k I don t know why the k boot disks do not work but that s a whole different issue I have no little excalmation point icons in my device manager I really don t know what could be causing the crash any help in determining what the culprit is is greatly appreciated If I missed any info please tell me and I ll gladly add it if I can nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-fault-bsod.325068/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all...

Got another BSOD today, but this one with a different message from the last one. Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Rob

A:BSOD.. Page Fault? Help

Hi all... cancel my last, it's been solved.

Not sure what the exact problem was, but ran memtest and straight away it reported an error. I recently disabled something in the BIOS to stop the message below appearing. Now reset it to what it was before, and memtest is not reporting any errors.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...creen-Shot.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175303-bsod-page-fault-help.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I am currently using an Asus eee pc 1005ha netbook. I get a blue screen when I start up and get the error code 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. When I try to boot in safe mode, I get hung up at Mup.sys. I can't boot into the last known good conformation. I tried swapping out my memory, but I still got the same stop code. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-page-fault-help-473334.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Getting page_fault_in_nonpaged_area very frequently. It's very frustrating. Running W7 Home Premium x64, tried formatting my disk and reinstalling windows, still getting BSOD's. The system itself is only 2 months old, if that.

Files attached. If you need anymore information just let me know.

A:Page Fault BSOD

Two issues. AVG, and Norton.

Symantec (and AVG) are frequent causes of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221717-page-fault-bsod.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I keep getting blue screens but I don't remember what most of them say. I can't remember where the log is. (I'm pretty sure there is one, right?)

I don't know what is causing these. It seems like I just keep going AFK and come back to a BSOD. One of them said something about a "page fault in a non page area", or something like that.

I'm not sure what to do.

A:BSOD "Page fault?"

This can be caused by faulty RAM. You should run a RAM diagnostic test.http://www.memtest.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228622/bsod-page-fault/
Relevancy 67.94%

Roughly hours ago my ati catalyst fault 7 page Win BSOD followed by mozilla firefox crashed at first I thought my gpu overheated or that the horrible Win 7 BSOD page fault horrible gamebryo garbage of a game was the cause but bluescreen followed almost immediately after I did not pay much attention to it until subsequent bluescreens occurred right afterwards due to page fault in non paged area I did not manage to confirm it was present in all instances but assumed it was neither I did manage to obtain the error code as of yet system also requested scan of C drive only once knowing there were no changes to drivers av softwares or anything similar I started dreading that hardware might be the cause I ve run mdsched exe which immediately detected hardware problem my setup Win Ultimate bit gb ram x gb kit Intel i if my memory serves right ati HD my questions are is mdsched exe s diagnosis accurate as I don t want to rush into decisions in case something else may be the cause as well see dumps below is it likely that only one of the sticks x gb kit is broken if so am I to remove one and see which one is the faulty one can I do this diagnosis with mdsched exe alone can I safely keep just the one for the time being can I pair any single gb stick with one from the dual kit could the failure be caused by something specific software related operations for example or is it just a result of natural deterioration even though they are barely years old could it be caused by something as trivial as the RAM not being properly attached to the MB dust mechanical w e also does mdsched exe pick up anything other than RAM can it be caused by any other hardware component HHD GPU anything my apologies in case my questions are way too hardware oriented rather than software thank you for your time and patience edit so I did check the dumps and they are as follow NTFS FILE SYSTEM STOP x x c a x x x Ntfs sys - Address xfffff d base at xfffff DateStamp x ce f PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x xfffffa dd bc b x xfffff ccceaf x ntoskrnl exe - Address xfffff ce base at xfffff c DateStamp x ce a MEMORY MANAGEMENT STOP x a x xfffffa x ffff x ntoskrnl exe - Address xfffff c base at xfffff c DateStamp x ce a SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION STOP x b x c xfffff d f xfffff f x ntoskrnl exe - Address xfffff c c base at xfffff c c DateStamp x ce a I also ran chkdsk which turned up with no errors at all any chances of HDD being the culprit despite could it be driver related or is the RAM indeed at fault any and all insight would be greatly appreciated edit so I just did a memtest which could not allocate gb of the remaining ram guess the problem is pretty much solved anyway still if somebody stumbles upon and cares to confirm I d be grateful nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-bsod-page-fault.1056175/
Relevancy 67.94%

Recently my Windows laptop has been giving me BSODs nearly constantly I ran Page fault BSOD, a malware scan with ClamWin BSOD, Page fault and it seemed to stop it It makes it stable enough to post this without going into Safe Mode I've also noticed that my CPU usage is fluctuating quite a bit from to then it crashes I'm a relatively advanced user Even if the BSOds stopped I need to find out what caused them and perhaps that will fix the CPU usage issue OS - Win Enterprise got it from a business that was going to junk them x -bit or x X What was original installed OS on system X Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Age of system hardware Y O Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No I really CPU i L Video Card Integrated MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop System Manufacturer HP Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom p Laptop or Desktop Laptop I also ran BIOS tests for hardware issues no problems found Thanks for the help If you're wondering why my name is Linux Ever and I'm using Windows it's because the homeschool application I use doesn't support Linux

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600238/bsod-page-fault/
Relevancy 67.94%

When starting some programs I get this Page fault In Nonpaged Area
Then BSOD Reboot And Things Seem Fine
Please see Dump File

Thanks billy
Attachment 59780

A:BSOD Page Fault

Quote: Originally Posted by billyh

When starting some programs I get this Page fault In Nonpaged Area
Then BSOD Reboot And Things Seem Fine
Please see Dump File

Thanks billy
Attachment 59780

Hi Billy and welcome
Straight foward... Memory corruption

I would download memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes to check your memory for errors and possible heat issues.

Let us know the results

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\030910-19141-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e68000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`030a5e50
Debug session time: Tue Mar 9 23:00:09.712 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:55:36.414
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff682003b2f08, 0, fffff80002eedae2, 5}
Could not read faulting driver name

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff682003b2f08, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff80002eedae2, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800031100e0
fffff682003b2f08

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2
fffff800`02eedae2 488b19 mov rbx,qword ptr [rcx]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: NeroStartSmart

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880033167a0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880033167a0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000007ffffffff8 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff682003b2f08
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002eedae2 rsp=fffff88003316930 rbp=00000002003b2f08
r8=0000000000000001 r9=fffffa800daccec8 r10=0000000000000005
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe cy
nt!MiAgeWorkingSet... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69847-bsod-page-fault.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Out of nowhere after years of good performance my PC wont boot up I searched the forum and learned I needed to run the Recovery Console to repair the boot up I got my windows re-installation DVD xp MCE got to where you quot press R quot to enter the recovery console and I get a BSOD I tried an older windows xp installation CD xp home SP and instead of the BSOD it just hangs forever on the page that says quot Press R for recovery console press Esc to quite quot etc I've searched everywhere but Cannot find anything on fixing a BSOD on trying to get to the recovery console I've seen some posts regarding creating floppys and partitioning hard drives but I dont even know where to begin with that I just want my computer to boot up into windows again Please help I cannot do a complete reinstall -- too many expensive programs and important files Thank you so much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/will-not-boot-and-bsod-upon-recovery-console-page-473077.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there im fairly new and saw these forums while browsing the web.

So the story started when I tried installing spiderman web of shadows, after installing it I tried playing it but it didnt start (so I clicked almost 30 times on the .exe) which opened the game 30 times and caused the "PAGE_FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA" BSOD for the first time. Then I thought it was the game (because it happened exactly when I started spiderman) and uninstalled it. Unfortunately it didnt stop the BSOD and it got worse (I cant even login or use safe mode, though safe mode works occasionally). Ive tried almost everything such as memtest86, system restore, moving the RAM into a different socket, avg pc tune up, anti-virus etc etc etc.

So I came here BEGGING for help please, I have no clue what to do anymore. (mini dumps have been attached)

A:Problem with page fault BSOD

All 12 minidumps are the same:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Ntoskrnl.exe
Since you can't log-in, you can't run CHKDSK, but if you can get on another computer and download the hard drive's testing software and create a bootable flash drive or CD(DVD) and run that software at boot up. Is the hard drive a SSD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-page-fault-bsod.182900/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey just wondering if anybody could give me some insight as to whats up here I'm quite technology savvy and have quite a knowledge bank when it comes to computing but this one had me stumped and even google couldn't really yeild any results so i turn to you guys in hope that ya'll can help Basically my computer has been fine up until late Lately it had started receiving blue BSOD, [SOLVED] Win Page XP fault screens now and again but i never thought anything of it until this morning when one appeared but then would reappear on every startup when booting my computer after clicking my user to log on [SOLVED] Win XP BSOD, Page fault it starts up processes and after about minutes it'll blue screen with the following message Quote PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Technical Information STOP x xFFFFFF x x B A x It has done this about times in a [SOLVED] Win XP BSOD, Page fault row Because it does it on startup this means i cannot run any kind of programs to test stuff within the computer or disable startup processess It even happens exactly the same if booted into safe mode I managed to run the chkdsk utility on the next startup but that yeilded no results either My previous knowledge backed up with google's help told me that it could be the memory RAM having issues But after trying tests with both ram sticks such as removing one at a time or swapping them the problem still persisted each time So i'm bunked Does anybody have any idea whats up Thanks in advanced Sean

A:[SOLVED] Win XP BSOD, Page fault

Hi Sean . . .

Bugcheck 0x50 = invalid memory referenced.

Did you run memtest86+ for RAM test?

memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

It's possible virtual memory involved; run HDD diags -
- http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
- http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html
- Drive diagnostic utilities compendium - TechSpot OpenBoards

Start w/ SeaTools for DOS - 2nd link.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-win-xp-bsod-page-fault-588498.html
Relevancy 67.08%

This isn't the first time it has happened.

A:Page fault BSOD 0x00000050

Hello Db335,

Please run the Hotfix listed on: Stop error in Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2008 R2: "0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

Can you also run a scan with http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Malwarebytes will product a log, please can you upload it to here? Navigate to: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs and upload the logs to here, which have todays date.

Please follow this guide, written by Gerry Conrell.

Please upload and share with everyone fresh copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338275-page-fault-bsod-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The page faults occur mostly while playing WoW. The other ones usually just happen at random times after I walk away from the comp.

I checked the RAM with memtest and it passed with 0 errors (though I only allowed it 1 pass).

Thanks for any info you can give.

A:Need help with page fault and other random BSOD

Update: I ran memtest through 5 passes and recieved zero errors.

Any help on analyzing the dump files would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/88642-need-help-page-fault-other-random-bsod.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I'm getting recently many quot page fault in nonpaged area quot FAULT BSOD torrenting? PAGE when BSOD and I think it happens only when I'm PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting? using torrent downloads I saw some related posts with similar issues but they all about DELL laptops and I own Lenovo Yoga Pro with windows home edition that came with it According to what I saw in the dump files and in other threads I understood it may be related to my wireless adapter Broadcom ac Network Adapter Of course I checked for updates from Lenovo but I'm using the last one WHQL I'm attaching the zip you request but I have another MEMORY DMP in C windows which was created during the last crash It's kinda big Mb zipped so tell me if you want me to upload it and where I'm attaching also the event viewer logs which I cleaned right before the last crash you can see the critical and the reboot at around GMT Please tell me if anything else is needed I'm willing to send all the information and logs that require to fix this issue

A:PAGE FAULT BSOD when torrenting?

Hi tomg23,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section and I am self quite busy.

Your network driver has been flagged in the crashes until 28th.
I suggest to check Lenovo for driver updates for the network driver.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl63a.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl63a.sys
3: kd> lmvm bcmwl63a
start end module name
fffff801`fe940000 fffff801`ff667000 bcmwl63a T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl63a.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl63a.sys
Image name: bcmwl63a.sys
Timestamp: Tue Aug 25 09:17:57 2015 (55DC16A5)
CheckSum: 00B2394F
ImageSize: 00D27000

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31983-page-fault-bsod-when-torrenting.html
Relevancy 67.08%

So Page non-paged fault in BSOD: i was browsing some webpages BSOD: Page fault in non-paged local stores for electronical stuff like tvs in my country and suddenly i got my first ever BSOD in this system Ive been running this W copy since beginning of without problems Here is the log BSOD: Page fault in non-paged Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a fd cd Parameter Parameter BSOD: Page fault in non-paged fffff ea e Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp rtm - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time I haven't done anything special and i always clean my PC with compressor air cairfully but it look new all the time no dust etc Im not runnig AV only Windows FW plus my ASUS router with Linux kernel AMD GTX GB DDR XMSS Mhz

A:BSOD: Page fault in non-paged

Dump file http://www.speedyshare.com/TcQGG/082014-33415-01.dmpSpeccy snapshothttp://speccy.piriform.com/results/K00hQdkXcAVrDNAyD07iIL1
And as i said this came first time today never seen it before. Last installed program is Nero Burning software version 15!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545031/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a brand new Dell Latitude laptop I have created a Win virtual pc on the laptop but continue to get BSOD's when i try to use Fault PC-Page BSOD-Virtual the virtual BSOD-Virtual PC-Page Fault pc I am not aware of any BSOD's when i am in the base windows environment Dell Latitude E Ram gb gb usable Hdd gb with free space Windows Professional bit Virtual PC settings Windows Pro bit Integration features installed and enabled Memory mb Undo disk enabled Network Adapter enabled I have fully updated the base windows environment and the virtual pc environment W Device manager shows no conflicts I have run the dell diagnostics and no problems indicated BSOD quot Page Fault in non paged area quot -this one i get very frequently and then reboots quot IRQL not less or equal quot -i got this one once recently I have attached a zip file of the numerous dmp files from the system I hope someone can help with this issue due to the urgency of my laptop I am trying to use this as a test environment for a software release of our application which i have yet to install I could avoid the virtual pc concept but would then have to quot recover quot my system after each test Dan

A:BSOD-Virtual PC-Page Fault

This appears to be a driver conflict... at least on the surface.

Reference for other debuggers follows:

Code:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: c0ddf62c, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000000, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: 826eea6b, address which referenced memory
Driver dump:

Code:
80bbe000 80bc6000 kdcom kdcom.dll Mon Jul 13 20:08:58 2009 (4A5BDAAA)
8261c000 82644000 hal halacpi.dll Mon Jul 13 18:11:03 2009 (4A5BBF07)
82644000 82a54000 nt ntkrnlpa.exe Tue Oct 26 21:30:44 2010 (4CC78ED4)
86400000 86421000 VIDEOPRT VIDEOPRT.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:25:49 2009 (4A5BC27D)
86422000 8649a000 mcupdate_GenuineIntel mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll Mon Jul 13 20:06:41 2009 (4A5BDA21)
8649a000 864ab000 PSHED PSHED.dll Mon Jul 13 20:09:36 2009 (4A5BDAD0)
864ab000 864b3000 BOOTVID BOOTVID.dll Mon Jul 13 20:04:34 2009 (4A5BD9A2)
864b3000 864f5000 CLFS CLFS.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:11:10 2009 (4A5BBF0E)
864f5000 865a0000 CI CI.dll Mon Jul 13 20:09:28 2009 (4A5BDAC8)
865a0000 865d4000 fltmgr fltmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:13 2009 (4A5BBF11)
865d4000 865f3000 cdrom cdrom.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:24 2009 (4A5BBF1C)
86600000 8660e000 Npfs Npfs.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:11:31 2009 (4A5BBF23)
86613000 86684000 Wdf01000 Wdf01000.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:36 2009 (4A5BBF28)
86684000 86692000 WDFLDR WDFLDR.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:11:25 2009 (4A5BBF1D)
86692000 866da000 ACPI ACPI.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:11 2009 (4A5BBF0F)
866da000 866e3000 WMILIB WMILIB.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:11:22 2009 (4A5BBF1A)
866e3000 866eb000 msisadrv msisadrv.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:09 2009 (4A5BBF0D)
866eb000 86715000 pci pci.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:16 2009 (4A5BBF14)
86715000 86720000 vdrvroot vdrvroot.sys Mon Jul 13 18:46:19 2009 (4A5BC74B)
86720000 86731000 partmgr partmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:35 2009 (4A5BBF27)
86731000 86741000 volmgr volmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:25 2009 (4A5BBF1D)
86741000 8678c000 volmgrx volmgrx.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:41 2009 (4A5BBF2D)
8678c000 86793000 intelide intelide.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:19 2009 (4A5BBF17)
86793000 867a1000 PCIIDEX PCIIDEX.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:11:15 2009 (4A5BBF13)
867a1000 867b7000 mountmgr mountmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:27 2009 (4A5BBF1F)
867b7000 867c0000 atapi atapi.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:15 2009 (4A5BBF13)
867c0000 867e3000 ataport ataport.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:11:18 2009 (4A5BBF16)
867e3000 867ec000 amdxata amdxata.sys Tue May 19 12:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
867ec000 867fd000 fileinfo fileinfo.sys Mon Jul 13 18:21:51 2009 (4A5BC18F)
86800000 86808000 rdprefmp rdprefmp.sys Mon Jul 13 19:01:41 2009 (4A5BCAE5)
86808000 86813000 Msfs Msfs.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:11:26 2009 (4A5BBF1E)
8681e000 8694d000 Ntfs Ntfs.sys Mon Jul 13 18:12:05 2009 (4A5BBF45)
8694d000 86978000 msrpc msrpc.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:59 2009 (4A5BBF3F)
86978000 8698b000 ksecdd ksecdd.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:56 2009 (4A5BBF3C)
8698b000 869e8000 cng cng.sys Mon Jul 13 18:32:55 2009 (4A5BC427)
869e8000 869f6000 pcw pcw.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:10 2009 (4A5BBF0E)
869f6000 869ff000 Fs_Rec Fs_Rec.sys Mon Jul 13 18:11:14 2009 (4A5BBF12)
86a00000 86a0d000 watchdog watchdog.sys Mon Jul 13 18:24:10 2009 (4A5BC21A)
86a0d000 86a15000 RDPCDD RDPCDD.sys Mon Jul 13 19:01:40 2009 (4A5BCAE4)
86a18000 86acf000 ndis ndis.sys Mon Jul 13 18:12:24 2009 (4A5BBF58)
86acf000 86b0d000 NETIO NETIO.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:12:35 2009 (4A5BBF63)
86b0d000 86b32000 ksecpkg ksecpkg.sys... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144830-bsod-virtual-pc-page-fault.html
Relevancy 67.08%

First this to Page BSOD not limited in fault (but only) non... off sorry if the thread title is badly named couldn't think of any other title really My machine is less than a year old been having issues with BSOD's for a little while now and I've been trying to fix them myself but I'm finally at my wits end I'm not usually a forum guy but I always end up at this forum reading related posts so thought you guys could help Page fault in non... BSOD (but not limited to this only) me Page fault in non... BSOD (but not limited to this only) out Anyway I'm using Windows Home Premium x full retail version Fresh install since I got a new HDD the other week Had graphics card related BSOD's so I re-installed the drivers in the appropriate manner even though they were up to date those BSOD's have ceased happening now I have CPU-Z if you need anything from that let me know Also I've ran memtest for passes and everything came back clean Without any more rambling here's there crash dumps and report Sorry I can only post them in RAR format Thanks a lot guys and if I've done anything wrong broken thread rules etc sorry in advance been a long time since I been on a forum

A:Page fault in non... BSOD (but not limited to this only)

The crashdumps I see are dated back to the 11th, which is pretty much around the time you did the fresh install on the new drive (actually, the log says you first installed at March 31st). All the crashdumps are disk-related issues such as failures during NTFS operation, plus one of your minidumps was created with it being 0 bytes in size which typically occurs when KeBugCheckEx managed to successfully initiate the dump procedure but nothing got dumped due to an I/O issue (most likely the drive was not responsive at the time).

I don't think it's coincidence that the only crashdumps that you provided us started during the time you started using the new drive, and considering that this started occurring even after a fresh install of Windows, then it has to be hardware related. The only exceptions would be if Windows failed to properly install or the partition Windows sits on was corrupt during installation. Yet most likely this is hardware failure, which I point finger at the disk.

In addition to the crashdumps, I did see in the syslog a single instance early on that there was NTFS corruption. Did you run chkdisk any this past month? Preferably do the full chkdsk (both options). In addition, I did see transaction errors reported by NTFS. Hopefully all of this is just because your NTFS partition is corrupt and a fix of it would do the trick, and that there isn't any underlying problem like the disk itself causing the corruption. You can run all basic and self tests on Seatools to see if it is the disk or the controller causing woes, but it's not a 100% guarantee it'll find hardware problems if they exist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224964-page-fault-non-bsod-but-not-limited-only.html
Relevancy 67.08%

It seems while I am gaming I occasionally get a BSOD, its always a Page Fault error. I attached the required files:

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes, although Linux is also installed as a dual-boot on a separate HDD
- an OEM or full retail version? full retail version
- What is the age of system (hardware)? 7 months
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 7 months

A:BSOD (Page Fault when gaming)

You may notice that it says their is no Anti-Virus that is due to my removing AVG before I did the scan, Windows Security Essentials is now installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171969-bsod-page-fault-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I am running a Dell gives Ipod fault page BSOD - box with Window XP Home Edition SP My first Apple product and I get BSOD However I don t think the iPod is the problem Here is what happens I plug in Ipod gives BSOD - page fault the iPod into the USB Ipod gives BSOD - page fault port with the cable provided by Apple and immediately get a BSOD with the following details Page fault in nonpaged area STOP X XFFFFFFE X X D X So I leave the iPod plugged in and reboot This worked and I was able to sync up with iTunes The problem is intermittent however Sometimes I can can plug in with no error and other times I get the BSOD I would guess it works about of the time Here are my efforts to diagnose the problem I checked to see if another iPod when plugged in gives me the same problem and it does I checked to see if the iPod causes this on other computers and it doesn t I have updated XP using the Microsoft update I have scanned for viruses and have defragged I have plenty of unused hard drive space Gigs free out of Gigs available This problem seems rare because I have searched and found no one else with this problem I should mention that the computer that is crashing is the only computer that has the new IE installed on it Thanks for any help Keith nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-gives-bsod-page-fault.533600/
Relevancy 67.08%

Howdy I've been having some periodic problems with blue screen crashes that seem quite sporadic to me Anywhere from - a day at random times In the PFN fault, Memory_Management, BSoD Page middle of a movie while browsing the internet while idle on desktop not even at computer etc Ran MemTest for passes turning up errors Occurrence doesn't seem relevant to stress level i e I haven't seen it crash while playing Fallout New Vegas on maxed out settings Video sound USB RAID and BIOS drivers updated No anti-virus softwares nor firewalls installed The bug check string will either be Memory Management Page Fault in Non Paged Area Error or PFN List Corrupt If the driver verifier BSoD Memory_Management, Page fault, PFN detected violation BSoD Memory_Management, Page fault, PFN shows up in this report you can ignore it that was BIOS being broken which I removed and solved that problem Windows -bit Original install OEM version Hardware under months Installed around that time reinstalled in the last week Intel Core i EVGA GeForce GTX Gigabyte X A-UD R COOLER MASTER W OCZ DDR GB RAM

A:BSoD Memory_Management, Page fault, PFN

Hi -

Run Driver Verifier - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ed-473665.html

Provide full system info - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Attach resulting zip files to next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory_management-page-fault-pfn-532239.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all
I sometimes get a BSOD, without any apparent cause.
After BSOD the system reboots normally and nothing is wrong until next BSOD.
I recently had some problems with flash player (maybe video card)

I run Windows 7 Pro 32, Intel Core 2 Duo T5300, Nvidia GeForceGo 7400.

I attach the needed files...

Thanks all in advance!

A:BSOD Page fault in non paged area

Hi again,My first question is. Are you using any antivirus?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258362-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Lately I've been getting a BSOD with error message PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. This happens pretty much at random as I'm surfing the net and is very frustrating as I have to do a full reboot every time it happens. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

To help diagnose the problem, I've linked to a zip file with the minidump from the crash (found in c:/windows/minidump) and all of the critical errors and errors from the windows event viewer.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I've recently installed a new coirsair 4gb ddr3 RAM and I've get a random BSOD after logging in, playing games, surfing and so on. I've decided to run Memtest86+(boot up using USB) on the new RAM but it passed all the tests (Standard test). I even tested it using Windows Memory diagnostics but it came clean.

Then I decided to take out the 4gb RAM and only use the existing 2gb Apacer RAM and until now, I don't have a BSOD yet.

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon II AM3 x2 260 processor
Gigabyte AMD GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard
500gb Seagate SATA HDD
2gb APACER DDR3 RAM + 4gb Corsair DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GTS220 1gb GDDR3

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD page fault in nonpage area.

I suspected that my new RAM is the problem but currently it has passed 8 out of the 9 memtest86 test. Could it be the OS?

Additional info: *** STOP : 0x00000050 error

updates: tested using single both RAM separately on different slot. BSOD on both RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255407-bsod-page-fault-nonpage-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have just built my dream custom PC

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Ga-x58a-ud3r MB and 6GB corsair ram
Gtx 460 SLI
SSD (ocz sata 2) (boot) none raid
SSD (crucial sata 3)
Samsung F3 1TB (storage)
850w Corsair PSU.

I have done a clean install of windows with all drivers and seem to get the BSOD at random intervals, I have ran memtest from dos - 3 passes and there was no errors.

Please Please can you help, I am really stressed atm with it

regards

Mike

A:BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area - pls pls help

Quote: Originally Posted by chainsaw

I have just built my dream custom PC

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Ga-x58a-ud3r MB and 6GB corsair ram
Gtx 460 SLI
SSD (ocz sata 2) (boot) none raid
SSD (crucial sata 3)
Samsung F3 1TB (storage)
850w Corsair PSU.

I have done a clean install of windows with all drivers and seem to get the BSOD at random intervals, I have ran memtest from dos - 3 passes and there was no errors.

Please Please can you help, I am really stressed atm with it

regards

Mike

Remove Symantec and replace with Microsoft security essentials.

Remove virtual HD software (daemon tools/Alcohol)

Retest ram for at least 5 passes

let us know if you need help
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117769-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-pls-pls-help.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been having this issue ever since installing win - months ago and haven't been able to isolate the cause so here I BSOD nonpaged area) (page fault in am The crash usually occurs while gaming WoW GR O etc though it has happened occasionally while simply surfing the web or watching movies I initially had gigs of ram but at some point my system decided that it didn't like one of them BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area) and refuses to boot with it installed so I'm at now I've run every combination of those sticks using just or at a time but it still persists Usually the page fault in nonpaged area is the only message I recieved though once or BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area) twice it did add ks sys to the end of it not sure if that's relevant or not The crashes seem entirely random sometimes I'll go several hours without one and other times they happen - times within min This is really getting frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone could provide

A:BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area)

Hi
Can I have some specs such as
windows os : (windows 8 RT, windows 8 RT Pro, windows 8, windows 8 Pro)
Model

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/24843-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

a blue screen with that title pops up everytime i start my computer up and i can't access my main home screen. it never gets passed the windows load screen

Stop:0x00000050

(0xc3A00000, 0x00000000, 0x8053A8F3, 0x00000000)

from what i looked up it says it is usually a defective memory problem either L2 mem cache, video mem, or main memory. i asked a guy for his opinion at a local computer shop and he believes that it could be the hard drive. also i tried reformatting it and whenever it goes into the installation it goes to the same blue screen as well if i tried to go into safe made. please help

A:BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

HDD Diagnostics
- http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
- http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-571102.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Recently I've been getting an on and off occurrence of quot display driver has stopped responding and has recovered quot BSOD area - Page fault non paged in and BSOD's showing page fault in non paged area Under normal computer use such as word processing instand messaging browsing the web and photo editing etc apart from what I'm just about to explain is fine and the computer doesn't crash nor drivers un-respond However when I try and run minecraft in far render distance with mods Optifine a FPS booster and far render distance in any architecture x and x of Java taking up a bit more RAM and video processing power run a Minecraft server the majority of where my RAM is Page fault in non paged area - BSOD going have Firefox open with a Page fault in non paged area - BSOD couple of tabs or even sometimes just running minecraft and trying to record my screen with Camstasia alone the PC will lock and jump to BSOD or if lucky the driver stop message will show up The weird thing is when I check my RAM and CPU usage in task manager I peak around - at the most I have also done many stress tests running Prime and Intel burn test following guides on the internet how to stress properly plus memtest x with passes which all come back clean In my motherboard settings I have changed the iGPU memory to MB so that half a gigabytes is dedicated to the built in GPU My question is am I trying to run too much of an internal graphics I have also tried an old DDR MB GPU and this has also had the quot display driver has stopped responding and has recovered quot message but I haven't any BSOD with it yet as I haven't run the same amount of tasks for my PC to perform as mentioned above and below However after writing this I will try the same procedure to replicate the problems with the iGPU but this time with the GPU card And I'll post the results With minecraft running more things such as mods etc compared to most minecraft users the server hosted on the same machine or just minecraft with no server and screen recording software is this too much for the PC to handle hence why Windows is crashing Much help appreciated Will

A:Page fault in non paged area - BSOD

Hello willowen100.

"display driver has stopped responding and now recovered" and BSOD's showing “page fault in non paged area” are supposed to be different issues. If you post following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, it will be helpful for us to suggest you something effective.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303183-page-fault-non-paged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, i've recently started getting all kind of BSOD's and i honestly don't know why. At first i started getting "irql not less or equal" and "page fault in nonpaged area" BSODs then i did a ram check, did sfc /scannow and now i receive a memory_management BSOD. The BSOD happens randomly but frequently.

I uploaded the logs as specified. I hope someone can help. Worst case scenario i'll reinstall windows again, but i want to see if i can do something else to help remedy the problem. Thanks in advance :P

A:irql not less at first, then page fault and now memory_management BSOD

Your Windows installation is counterfeit. You have an ASUS PID on retail MSI motherboard.

Code:
Host Name: GOGU87-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: gogu87
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173 ---> ASUS PID

Original Install Date: 21/6/2014, 6:07:07 PM
System Boot Time: 1/10/2014, 4:23:43 PM
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7815
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347390-irql-not-less-first-then-page-fault-now-memory_management-bsod.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello my sytem is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows equal fault and Page BSOD less or no IRQL Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i BSOD Page fault and IRQL no less or equal - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics BSOD Page fault and IRQL no less or equal Card BSOD Page fault and IRQL no less or equal Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI Z MA-G MS- Antivirus None Its a newly loaded os the problem only ocurs on a bit operating system I have a win home -bit on the pc that ive been using for years without any problems the problem comes when i need to use a bit operationg system it alwys gives me the same bluescreen error during windows install after losts of swaps i managed to install windows with a different cpu inside the motherboard when i switched back to my own cpu i got the same error after a few minutes But the pc can boot up into safe mode just fine can you please help me would realy like to upgrade to bit since all the games require it lately nbsp

A:BSOD Page fault and IRQL no less or equal

This stop error 0x00000050 usually indicates a RAM issue but, from your post I would I would suspect the L2 cache in your CPU since when you swapped it out with a know good CPU it worked fine. You can still test the RAM if you want though. Make sure your PC is turned off. Try taking out one of your RAM sticks and see if the issue still occurs. If it still blue screens put it back in and try pulling another stick out and test / repeat. If it's not RAM

The other STOP error 0x0000000a indicates an issue with power options and hibernation. See Here

Since it is a newly installed OS I would also make sure you have all the latest updates from Microsoft http://update.microsoft.com

Screenshot of dumps attached if anyone else wants to take a look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-and-irql-no-less-or-equal.1140154/
Relevancy 66.22%

My problem is that every time I boot the computer it boots to the same BSOD Page Fault in a Non Paged Area. I have tried ChkDsk/f/r and swaping out RAM. I have run windows memory diagnostics tool with no errors. I can boot in safe mode but I don't know how to analyze the memory dump to pinpoint the error. Attached is the windows memory dump. Please help!

A:BSOD Page FAULT IN A NON PAGED AREA

System

-
Provider

[ Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid]
{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
0x8000000000000002

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
2012-09-21T18:25:51.392015600Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
System

Computer
Desk90.valleybakers.com

-
Security

[ UserID]
S-1-5-18
-
EventData

BugcheckCode

BugcheckParameter1
0xdc7f4200

BugcheckParameter2
0x1

BugcheckParameter3
0x8669b26e

BugcheckParameter4
0x2

SleepInProgress
false

PowerButtonTimestamp

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257262-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

windows 7 64bit
full retail
4 year old PC
6 month old OS

A:BSOD Page fault in non paged area

I've had the problem happen when the computer is idle, while watching video off my hard drive, and while streaming netflix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170787-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This is starting to happen more and more recently usually preceded by applications crashing (Google Chrome or Football Manager), but on occasion just out of nowhere.

I ordered this computer new about a month ago from Overclockers UK with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit preloaded, and have not had to do any system restores or re-installations.

Thanks for your help.

A:BSOD Page Fault in NonPaged Area

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveBenbow44

This is starting to happen more and more recently usually preceded by applications crashing (Google Chrome or Football Manager), but on occasion just out of nowhere.

I ordered this computer new about a month ago from Overclockers UK with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit preloaded, and have not had to do any system restores or re-installations.

Thanks for your help.

Memory corruption caused by an as yet un-named driver (probably your Sftredirlh.sys)
I would run memtest and driver verifier

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.
Beyond that, please run Verifier with these settings:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\050611-17191-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161578-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

I have left messages on this website for help before and never received a response, so I am hoping I can get some help with this problem. I built a computer about 7 months ago and have recently had several blue screens during video games with the error "Page fault in nonpaged area". I cannot determine what is causing this issue, and I am trying to solve the issue. Any help or information may be useful to me. I believe the problem has only occurred during video games but it has happened several times in the last couple weeks.

Thanks.

A:BSoD Page fault in non paged area

hi,start with bluescreen viewer ,it will show the full bsod error messages you have received ,run the program and post the log here ,the download link in down near the bottom of the pagehttp://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407017/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area/
Relevancy 66.22%

Here's a new Vista 64 issue for me guys. At random times I get a BSOD w/ Page Fault in NOn-paged area. At other times I get a BSOD w/o a specific error msg. System temp is running at 4o-45C and mem test is okay. I tried checking out the minidmp file but for some reason I can't use MS debugging tool on my system! I am getting really frustrated w/ Vista and am running out of patience. Please help!

P.S. in the past I've had issues w/ windows update most of which have been resolved. I still can't update to IE8 and 9 other updates still won't install using winupdate.

MOBO:Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev1.1
RAM: 2x2Gb 1066 G.Skill
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500Gb 7200rpm 16Mb cache
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD4830 512Mb PCI-E w/HDMI
CPU: Intel Wolfdale E8400 3.0Ghz 1333FSB 6Mb L2 cache

A:BSOD Page Fault in Non-paged area

Please zip up the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump directory and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243213-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello All,
I've been living with this intermittent BSOD for some time now. I think it started when the system was wutomatically updated. It seems to have something to do with network performance. I was getting regular BSODs when I had unrelated network problems (slow connection). Now that ATT fixed my connection, it happens less frequently, but still occurs.
BlueScreenView shows the crash occurs at the same location:

012112-33431-01.dmp 1/21/2012 8:43:37 PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffffa81`0469f5a0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032d5c90 00000000`00000005 Wdf01000.sys Wdf01000.sys+47f98 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\012112-33431-01.dmp 4 15 7601 277,768

Wdf01000.sys Wdf01000.sys+47f98 fffff880`00eb1000 fffff880`00f55000 0x000a4000 0x4a5bc19f 7/13/2009 6:22:07 PM

I'm running Win7 Home Premium, 64 bit on an HP Pavilion dv6. Original Windows OEM installation (no repair/reinstalls). report attached.

Thanks in Advance for your help,
DougG

A:BSOD Page Fault in non-paged area

Quote: Originally Posted by DougG

Hello All,
I've been living with this intermittent BSOD for some time now. I think it started when the system was wutomatically updated. It seems to have something to do with network performance. I was getting regular BSODs when I had unrelated network problems (slow connection). Now that ATT fixed my connection, it happens less frequently, but still occurs.
BlueScreenView shows the crash occurs at the same location:

012112-33431-01.dmp 1/21/2012 8:43:37 PM PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x00000050 fffffa81`0469f5a0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032d5c90 00000000`00000005 Wdf01000.sys Wdf01000.sys+47f98 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 C:\Windows\Minidump\012112-33431-01.dmp 4 15 7601 277,768

Wdf01000.sys Wdf01000.sys+47f98 fffff880`00eb1000 fffff880`00f55000 0x000a4000 0x4a5bc19f 7/13/2009 6:22:07 PM

I'm running Win7 Home Premium, 64 bit on an HP Pavilion dv6. Original Windows OEM installation (no repair/reinstalls). report attached.

Thanks in Advance for your help,
DougG

These were Related to hpdskflt.sys HP Disk Filter from Hewlett-Packard Corporation. I would re-install newest available

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209866-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Are all Page fault errors the same or do the number sequences following the STOP: mean something. This would help to decide to post new help request or search previous post on same topic. Thanks.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All,

I have today found BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area. Laptop working ok in safe mode with networking.

I've attached the dump file as directed.

When I try perfmon /report it states "an error occured while attempting to generate the report."

Spec: Win 7 Home Premium x64, pre installed on laptop by HP. OS never re-installed. System approx 3 years old.

A:BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click on the Start
Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
When it opens, go to File, Save
Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255765-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

bsod fault bsod: in nonpaged area page page fault in nonpaged area -- bsod: page fault in nonpaged area gt please help hello got a problem that s driving me crazy I keep on getting a blue screen after windows start-up saying quot page fault in nonpaged area quot stop x and have to reboot after that after x times of rebooting the system starts correctly en runs as smoothly as ever I m using win XP pro fully updated my lay-out is set on win classic but it always changes back to the xp-look also my sound-schemes chances back to the standard scheme everytime I have this problem I checked both my ram modules they re both ok when I remove one and only use the other the problem keeps appearing I checked both my bsod: page fault in nonpaged area HD s with diagnose-software from the manufacterer s site they are also okay I can t find any help at microsoft support site so anyone who knows how to help me or has any suggestions please help me nbsp

A:bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

Then you are too low on RAM memory. You stated that when you use only one module, the problem appears. Unless I don't follow what you're trying to say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.80853/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm getting a blue screen with the following message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.
Suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604784/bsod-page-fault-error-message/
Relevancy 66.22%

of the desktops in my household have suddenly started to continually reboot without fully loading They are both WinXP machines and have AVG loaded as their antivirus software After prompting me to log in as a user fault nonpaged in area BSOD:Page and before I can even do this they both display a blue screen with the following message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If this is the first time you have BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area seen this stop BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select safe mode Technical information STOP x x c x x CE x I am able to fully load the machines in Safe mode though I can t do much in this mode I haven t installed any new hardware can t swear that someone hasn t tried to install neww software but think its VERY unlikely I ve tried restarting them in selective startup with all startup programs disabled still get the BSOD Can anyone help me please p s I am at best a dabbler in IT so I ll probably require a fair bit of guidance

A:BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area

Hi .Official line on error...see 50, left column at http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm.Have you/can you try XP's System Restore function?Take msconfig out of selective startup.Boot into safe mode...search Windows partition for any .dmp files that may exist. Ensure that all file extensions and system/hidden files are viewable before doing search.If any are found, try to follow the procedures at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270287/bsodpage-fault-in-nonpaged-area/
Relevancy 66.22%

Yes I have Area Nonpaged Fault BSOD-Page in fallen victim to the infamous alias doesn t really tell you anything code stop error To set up my current state of frustration here s my story A few weeks ago my rig began randomly blue screening and hanging no real rhyme or reason just bam blue screen or hang I began the usual diagnostics restored to previous states ensured current drivers etc ultimately to discover one of my RAM sticks as bad Memtest I replaced both sticks with a different set formatted re-installed the OS long story got the system back to operation Up until today all was good my rig was seemingly running as strong as when I built it Then bam BSOD code with the ambiguous error statement other than codes that I have not been able BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to find definitive explanation for At this point however I have noticed that the first and subsequent BSs I have gotten are only during video or D applications pretty easy at this point to suspect one of the video cards But before I spend yet another week tearing into my box after I spent what little spare time I ve had in the last two weeks putting it back together I thought I d ask if there is anyone who can clarify the error codes for me or point me in the direction of clarifying them myself googling turned up zip The code STOP x xBAC F x xBAC F x My rig relevent specs Mobo XFX i nVidia chipset most current BIOS CPU BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area E stock voltage and clock GHz RAM Gig - gig dual channel kit OCZ Reaper DDR PSU Corsair TX amp single v rail GPU XFX GTs in SLI drivers OS Windows Xp Pro bit SP all current updates Onboard audio used current drivers - DVD RW drives SATA HDDs totaling Gig all nicely fitting in a well circulating Cooler Master Centurion My guess at the code would be since there are two BAC errors with one followed by an IRQ error that maybe one card is bad Takin a wild shot there but like I said my searches up to this point have been fruitless Any help would be much appreciated TBolt Edit Forgot to mention that following a BS I reboot into Windows normally fine and can BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area stay there for relatively long periods of time so long as I don t do anything too demanding or requiring heavy use of video d sniff video card or driver sniff I ll attach a dump file or two once I figure out how Edit Ah ha here we go attachments nbsp

A:BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Minidumps are most commonly placed in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

You can upload your dumps, as is, with your posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.110557/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello
hope someone can be of help

I have an acer aspire 5315 laptop which will not boot into vista basic. while loading windows it freezes with the message

*** stop "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" 0x00000050
(0x892f000, 0x00000000, 0x810360a3, 0x00000000)

If I try safe mode or last known good configuration it always freezes at the same point. I tried the recovery option, but it still freezes. As a last resort I tried to boot from the Vista dvd but it still gives me the bsod.

thanks

timjcur

A:BSOD page fault in none paged area

be sure to remove any expansion cards and usb devices and try booting again

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/169614-bsod-page-fault-none-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

three months after i built my own device i started to get BSODs on two months basis

I did a lot of things to overcome this problem like restoring, formatting, updating drivers and bios

lately, i discovered that my ram settings were so wrong

in the attachment u will find both the old and the current one ( i changed them manually)

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-ddr3-pc3-10666-gold-low-voltage-dual-channel.html

for one month i was free

then the problem reappear and this month was the worst (3 or 4 times)

also two new strange things like the screen goes black then reappear saying that the graphic card was shut down and recovered

sometimes i started to hear noisy voice on booting that disappear after a couple minutes

I started to think that the problem is a hardware one so what do u advice me?

A:BSOD (Page Fault in Non Paged Area)

I've seen this BSOD in conjunction with various issues. The most common being the RAM. After you get a BSOD, immediately run a memtest. You can download a memtest for free from memtest.org. If the test fails, shut down your machine and leave it off for a good 20 to 30 minutes to let everything cool to room temp. Boot the machine back up again straight to memtest. If it passes, then you might have a heat problem with your RAM.

For some reason the link you posted is just taking me to a blank OCZ page. It isn't showing me any parts. If you could provide a part number for your modules, and what motherboard you are installing these into, it might help with the troubleshooting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.1003177/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All,

First post here so hope I have done all correctly! Had hoped to catch up on my workload today but windows decided otherwise!

Have had multiple BSOD. Mainly Page Fault in Nonpaged Area but also others such as Apc Index Mistmatch. I am getting BSOD on every boot. I literally cannot use the laptop at all (except for in safe mode).

I have attached a zip containing dump files which have been manually collected (I cannot use the pc to download the bsod collector). Attachment 157173

I have tested the ram with mdsched.exe and found no errors.

When I try perfmon /report it states "an error occured while attempting to generate the report."

Spec: Win 7 Home Premium x64, pre installed on laptop by HP. OS never re-installed. System 18 months old.

A:BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Your Kaspersky product is the cause, remove it completely and download the latest version
Product Updates

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffff, 0, fffff800035647f3, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys

Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+332fa )
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffffffffff, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff800035647f3, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034c50e0
ffffffffffffffff

FAULTING_IP:
nt!CmpConstructName+24
fffff800`035647f3 443830 cmp byte ptr [rax],r14b

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800c224f50 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800c224f50)
rax=ffffffffffffffff rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff8a00008dde8
rdx=0000000000000011 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800035647f3 rsp=fffff8800c2250e0 rbp=000000000000001d
r8=fffffa8008680010 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff8000354f230
r11=fffff80003410fb0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!CmpConstructName+0x24:
fffff800`035647f3 443830 cmp byte ptr [rax],r14b ds:ffffffff`ffffffff=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000330e024 to fffff8000328d700

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0c224de8 fffff800`0330e024 : 00000000`00000050 ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0c224f50 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0c224df0 fffff800`0328b7ee : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`02559b98 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x427f7
fffff880`0c224f50 fffff800`035647f3 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`04540290 fffff800`0357edf7 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`0c2250e0 fffff800`0354f2e5 : 00000000`00009038 fffffa80`03c1c000 fffff800`03410f80 fffff800`03256202 : nt!CmpConstructName+0x24
fffff880`0c225130 fffff800`03572044 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`04cbe000 00000000`00000000 : nt!CmpQueryKeyName+0xb5
fffff880`0c225190 fffff800`035730ea : fffff8a0`04540290 fffff8a0`04cbe000 00000000`00001000 fffff880`0c225320 : nt!ObpQueryNameString+0xb0
fffff880`0c225290 fffff880`0236e2fa : fffff8a0`02ad4100 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`02ad4100 fffff880`01ad421f : nt!ObQueryNameString+0xe
fffff880`0c2252d0 fffff8a0`02ad4100 : 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`02ad4100 fffff880`01ad421f 00000000`c0000004 : klif+0x332fa
fffff880`0c2252d8 00000000`c0000004 : fffff8a0`02ad4100 fffff880`01ad421f 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`04cbe000 : 0xfffff8a0`02ad4100
fffff880`0c2252e0 fffff8a0`02ad4100 : fffff880`01ad421f 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`04cbe000 00000000`00000001 : 0xc0000004
fffff880`0c2252e8 fffff880`01ad421f : 00000000`... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166153-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

been getting BSOD's about once a week, here's my specs. minidump files are attached in a zip... can anyone help me?

Specs:
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Intel i5 760
Gigabyte p55-usb3
8GB Kingston DDR3
Geforce GTX 460

A:BSOD - Page fault in nonpaged area

Hi and welcome.
Mindump check.
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe x 4
A generic error - not telling us much.

Some reasons for blue screens
New hardware - software installed.
Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
Faulty Ram - overheating - dying hard drive etc.

Run a Memory test.
http://www.memtest.org/
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Best to run a full scan - on individual Ram sticks.
Download and burn the ISO to CD
Boot from that CD and run the memory test overnight or at least for a few hours.
Allow it to run for at least 8 passes.

Check Device Manager
Click on the Start button.
In the search box type
devmgmt.msc

Hit Enter.
Check for any yellow, red exclamation marks.
A driver may need updating.

Overheating.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1042038/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

? OS ? Windows 7 Professional
? 64 bit
? What was original installed OS on system?- Windows 7 Professional
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer): I got it from MSDNAA
? Age of system (hardware)- 4 months
? Age of OS installation ? 4 months
? CPU- AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
? Video Card- 2x XFX ATi Radeon 5770 crossfire enabled
? MotherBoard- ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
? Power Supply - KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W Modular 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC W/ 3-Way LED Switch and Universal Modular Connector Power Supply

I've had two of them so far. Here are images of them:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2989/dsc02247z.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3642/dsc02248e.jpg

TIA

Have you installed any new hardware or video drivers recently? If so, try rolling back the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-527563.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

I've started getting BSODs with page_fault_in_nonpaged_area errors. I've also noticed that a lot of my webpages on chrome have been crashing lately.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums Syssana,

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff68100002088, 0, fffff800030ec2d2, 5}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUpdateWsle+122 )

Code:
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS
This bugcheck indicates device drivers have been referencing invalid memory addresses and performing read operations. We can see that a region of virtual memory which was marked non-pageable was referenced and a illegal page fault occurred.

You seem to have only 163 Windows Updates installed, I have around 205 Windows Updates installed, please check for any potential Windows Updates which will improve the security and stability of your system.Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below : Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove this program, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`07285000 fffff880`07d44000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 09 04:04:49 2012 (4F598161)
CheckSum: 00A60CBF
ImageSize: 00ABF000
Your AMD graphics card driver seems to be outdated, and a possible cause, please update to the latest WHQL version.

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294644-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey all I built a computer from new parts I bought in December Mainboard Asus M A GTD-PRO USB Bios American Megatrends Inc Processor AMD Phenom II X T GHz core Chipset AMD GX RAM GB OCZ MBDDR -SDRAM Video nVidia GeForce GTX SE C Drive OCZ-Agility SSD GB - Windows Ultimate x - home built machine so W was installed by me - all hardware is from December - reformatted days ago due to - bluescreens per day so to sum up i got a blue screen the day i built the machine in December hoped it was a fluke and pressed on they persisted so i installed quot bluescreenview quot which analyzes dump files irql fault, ntoskrnl.exe, - BSOD page because i had no idea how to otherwise the causes were very often ntoskrnl exe but other drivers and dll's were listed i can't remember exactly what they were though it got slowly worse as weeks went by to the point where i was getting a blue screen an average of times a day and it seemed to be caused by firefox more often than not but sometimes i would just be messing with some code in dreamweaver and bam AVG caused it BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe, page fault, irql a few times also but i eventually removed that and installed avast free i think i'll switch to MSE though i got BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe, page fault, irql very mad last week and just reformatted and purposely didn't install firefox or avg but i did put avast on right away i went days without a blue screen but BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe, page fault, irql then yesterday the first one showed up then again today all i was doing was listening to grooveshark in google chrome both times i followed the new thread instructions and zipped up the dmps and perfmon attached there are only two dmps right now but i wanna try to fix this crap before i get everything organized again i haven't messed with hardware at all i was thinking about reseating the RAM but again i'd like to know exactly what is happening before i go switching things and then wonder what fixed it if it does in fact stop hopefully you guys can figure it out

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe, page fault, irql

ASACPI.sys the 2005 version is a huge cause of BSODs

Information
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005)

Code:
ASACPI.sys fffff880`13c51000 fffff880`13c59000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c 28/03/2005 06:30:36
Update any Garmin software Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167593-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-page-fault-irql.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I am having some difficulty identifying the cause of a persistent Windows BSOD error It happens about twice a week with no obvious cause or trigger Any suggestions or assistance towards troubleshooting this would be much appreciated PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA no specific driver or error code is identified on screen at the time of the BSOD This is on a new Dell laptop and the error has present since new I can find no evidence of hardware issues Area Page BSOD? Nonpaged in - Help Fault with and am thinking that it is likely a software driver bug Based on this thread it may be Help with BSOD? - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area the Dell Wifi driver and I have rolled back the Wifi driver to an older version today Unless you know a way to force a fault though it will be about five days before I have an indication that the BSOD may be resolved Attached per the posting guide SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip Perfmon report zip Answers for OS - Windows x -bit or x - x What was original installed OS on system - Windows x Is the OS an OEM version - Yes OEM OS Age of system hardware - months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - weeks Yes reinstalled OS CPU - Intel i - u Broadwell Video Card - Integrated on i Intel HD MotherBoard - n a laptop Power Supply - n a laptop System Manufacturer - Dell Exact model number - XPS model Laptop or Desktop - Laptop Driver Verifier - Currently running will post results after it runs hours Run HDD Diagnostics - Seatools no errors Dell extended hardware diagnostics no errors Test RAM - MS Memory Diagnostic test hours no errors - Memtest - full test run sets in extended mode no errors Other steps taken Reinstalled Windows OS amp latest Dell drivers no improvement Changed Dell graphics driver to latest Intel graphics driver no improvement McAfee full system scan with current definitions no threats found Uninstalled McAfee no improvement Windows defender full system scan with current definitions no threats found Disabled Windows defender in Group policy editor no improvement Installed Eset antivirus full system scan with current definitions no threats found Malwarebytes full system scan with current definitions no threats found sfc scannow no problems found chkdsk f no problems found Drive SMART status no problems found Rebuilt paging file deleted page file reboot changed page file to fixed size reboot no improvement Prime torture test hours in F room CPU load no errors Changed from Edge web browser to Firefox no improvement Updated Dell BIOS to latest version A no improvement Rolled back Wifi driver today unknown yet if this resolves the recurring BSOD error

A:Help with BSOD? - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Hi. . .

The 2 dumps both named your Broadcom wifi adapter driver as the probable cause - bcmwl63a.sys

Yours has a timestamp = 24 May 2015

You'll have to find an update for the driver - https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=bcmwl63a.sys

However, I see that only your system manufacturer offers the driver. Check with Dell Support - http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

If they don't have an updated driver, you'll have to look at alternative hardware for wifi.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605711/help-with-bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I am new here and having a problem with a BSOD and the message comes up page fault in a non paged area. I randomly get a BSOD after the computer comes on. I researched it and I think it is a trojan of some sort. Any info on this/fixes would be extremely helpful. Thank you soo much.

A:BSOD page fault in non paged area

BSODs are not generally caused by viri

1. check your anti-virus and anti-trojan results.
2. check your drivers
3. test your ram for at least 7 passes with memtest 86+ (FREE)
4. test your PSU with a PSU tester and multimeter
5. check your registry with ccleaner (FREE)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.78589/
Relevancy 66.22%

Good day,

when I start my computer, I see a blue screen of death with the following error: page fault in nonpaged area. Starting in safe mode gives the same blue screen. At the bottom of the screen the following line is displayed:

0x00000050 (0x80fff000,0x00000000,0xf86e9036,0x00000000)

It is a Dell computer with a 2.8 Ghz processer and 512 MB internal memory. The computer is original, I mean not overclocked. Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Anne

A:Bsod, page fault in nonpaged area

Anne, the mods will most likely move this to the BSOD sub-forum in the Windows OS board.

Your error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

As you can read the cause could be due to many things but right now we don't have enough information to even make an educated guess except for that due to you receiving this message even in safe mode idicates it might be a driver issue..

Please give us your hardware specs and the internet security you are running. Also, have you downloaded anything recently or have you made any changes to your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.135925/
Relevancy 66.22%

Just done a clean install of windows to solve an issue I had with graphics drivers crashing then recovering this doesnt seem to have helped as screen has frozen and NOT recovered twice now and just had this BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area. Wasnt fast enough to catch codes on screen but SF diagnostic files attached to post. This fault doesnt seem to happen when vid card or system is under load normally when just browsing. Thnx in advance for any help!!!.If you need any more info just let me know!

A:BSOD - Page fault in nonpaged area

System Optimisers

Please remove the following software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012\All functions Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012\All functions Public
This software is a known cause of BSOD's. The windows 7 operating system does not require these registry cleaning software. They often tune-down rather than tune-up and can wreck the OS beyond repair. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Check this, this and this thread for evidence.

If you feel the need to use a registry cleaning or optimisation software, most of us recommend the use of CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download but make sure you back up the registry before making letting ccleaner delete anything.10 Tips on How to Properly Maintain Your Computer

Security App

Crashes indicate AVG and Zone Alarm being a possible cause. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software. Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.

Update and make full scans with both separately.

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
6. Install all updates including Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 - Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffba8010c053f8, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff8000309b1da, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000007, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032bd0e0
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032bd198
ffffba8010c053f8 Nonpaged pool

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExAcquireFastMutex+1a
fffff800`0309b1da f00fba3100 lock btr dword ptr [rcx],0

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 7

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: TuneUpSystemSt

CURRENT_IRQL: 1

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800a2952c0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800a2952c0)
rax=00000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292896-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

? Windows 7
? 64 Bit OS
? Windows 7
? Retail Version of W7
? ~2.5 Years of age all around

? i5 2500k
? Galaxy GTX 570
? Biostar TZ77A
? Corsair TX750
? Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz

I have attached a .zip of the information required.

I hope I can find some help here, last solution.

Additional information: I started getting these BSODs after I changed my RAM (from 1333MHz 4x2GB to 1600MHz 2x4GB, I only get them while intensively gaming.

A:BSOD: Page Fault in Non Paged Area

Recommendations:Crashes are likely caused by your NETGEAR WG111v3 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter. USB wireless network adapters are known to cause blue screen crashes. USB ports do not supply reliable power support for these devices. Couple that with your out of date driver for the device, and you are nearly guaranteeing that you have crashes. I would advise replacing the USB adapter with a PCI wireless network adapter to provide better support and stability. If you are unable to do so, then make sure the drivers for the device are up to date and supported within Windows 7; yours are pre-Windows 7.
scmndisp.sys Wed Jan 17 00:48:03 2007 (45ADD4B3)
Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=scmndisp.sys

rtlprot.sys Fri Apr 20 03:16:48 2007 (46288500)
Realtek RtlProt Wireless LAN Utility Protocol Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtlprot.sys

jswpslwfx.sys Thu May 15 04:28:50 2008 (482C1062)
D-Link USB Wireless Adapter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=jswpslwfx.sys

I would also suggest that you remove MSI Afterburner from the system.Uninstall or change a programRTCore64.sys Tue Sep 6 06:24:50 2011 (4E661112)
RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTCore64.sys

Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers. If you have ASACPI.sys installed, make sure it is updated and not pre-2009; pre-2009 versions are known to cause BSODs:
BIOS64.sys Sat Jun 7 18:12:00 2003 (3EE27F50)
This is probably aBIOSTAR I/O driver file
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BIOS64.sys

mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 03:34:07 2009 (49A3CD1F)
MagicISO SCSI Host Controller driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mcdbus.sys

anodlwfx.sys Fri Mar 6 03:10:08 2009 (49B0F680)
ALPHA Networks Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=anodlwfx.sys
To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
Software Concerns:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner
I do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows. I especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please follow the steps to Optimize Windows 7 for better performance. Uninstall or change a program

Optimize Windows 7 for better performance

The Assumptions You Make About Your Slow PC (and Why They're Probably Wrong)
3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
*****... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-683118.html
Relevancy 66.22%

PROBLEM Cannot get into winxp I get when booting Fault BSOD: Recovery) Page in (even a bsod right after the loading screen before the login screen A LITTLE BACKGROUND I m the type of guy who hates the BSOD: Page Fault when booting (even in Recovery) guys that format their disk as soon as they encounter an evil monster I like to get mine BSOD: Page Fault when booting (even in Recovery) slayed And I usually manage to do that This one has got me too worried for almost a week now I got a machine older than my kitchen table ram ddr on athlon xp running mhz but in better shape - and I like to have alternatives I got my main drive fat partitioned in three the two of which are reserved for my two OSs WinXP SP Win FE and another ntfs gb drive that is used and recognized as gb but let s not get into that right now Of course I got the Win as a backup solution and it has helped me a lot indeed HISTORY LOG Something must have run in the background coincidentally right after downloading and installing july s xp update note the installation failed the first time but succeeded the second and loaded virtual memory with crap the pc hang for a bit I noticed my pagefile reaching mb approx while its default is around causing my OS s partition space to empty I got it to reboot thinking that no worries my pagefile is gonna shrink to normal as soon as it gets re-created after the boot But no I get a disk check fixing some errors and informing me of the mb I got left then bam it s BSOD FACT I always get a disk check and I always get a BSOD after it PAGE FAULT IN A NON-PAGED AREA STOP x xcd x x d dc x FACT I get the error in safe mode last configuration and every gorram choice F gives me FACT I didn t have my XP installation disk I managed to find one Guess what right after loading the recovery console and choosing the OS location I get the same BSOD there as well So much for the recovery console FACT I ve browsed a lot I know the hex code has something to do with the memory though I believe it s the virtual memory not my physical it passed memtest and besides I run win just fine with my mere Update it definitely does not have to do with hardware I replaced my physical memory with another DDR PC which also passed the memtest but I still get BSOD everywhere FACT I had to take refuge in Deleted the pagefile from there to free space and backed up deleted some files that were modified during that cursed time Did further tests Results bull hit FACT Yes yes I disabled caching in bios no results FACT I did a thorough disk check from win to the partition where XP is installed The fully detailed summary provided said there were some errors found and fixed though we will never learn which were they I attempted a defrag as well but it stopped due to disk errors advising me to run a disk check No hit FACT EVERY TIME I pass from a disk check before the blue screen I get errors Out of nowhere I got lots of bad links lost chains which are being converted to files with huge total sizes Each time I get back to win and delete all these converted files which vary from - to over mb That really got me worried After having emptied almost a GB of those bad links I stopped carrying out the disk check out of fear I m losing my data I just skip it and get to the bsod FACT I also confirmed my drive s is not the problem It did pass both the manufacturer s diagnostic tool and hdd regenerator scan No errors found So since all ways of getting through to XP have been blocked I hope to find a solution through Find the right files to play around with move delete replace maybe I would like to find a solution in here It s been five days Thank you for hearing me out Note I copied the most part of the above from another forum I have also been posting nbsp

A:BSOD: Page Fault when booting (even in Recovery)

I am working on a PC right now with that same issue. I have narrowed it down and believe it a memory issue. I do not have memory to test mine with because it is DDR3, but I did handle it under warranty and they believe it to be the memory as well. Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-when-booting-even-in-recovery.845645/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys
i bought a new configuration:

Gigabyte-770T-D3L motherboard with
AMD Phenom II X2 processor
4 gb DDR3 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card

freshly installed Windows 7 x64 retailed
i updated my drivers motherboard and graphics card i do not use ESET antivirus (just the windows essentials as you recommended)

and sometimes i still got random BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

but i always got a BSOD when i want to install the NetBeans IDE

i attached my dump files

thanks in advance for you time
cdog

A:BSOD [page fault in nonpaged area]

Quote: Originally Posted by cdog

Hi guys
i bought a new configuration:

Gigabyte-770T-D3L motherboard with
AMD Phenom II X2 processor
4 gb DDR3 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card

freshly installed Windows 7 x64 retailed
i updated my drivers motherboard and graphics card i do not use ESET antivirus (just the windows essentials as you recommended)

and sometimes i still got random BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

but i always got a BSOD when i want to install the NetBeans IDE

i attached my dump files

thanks in advance for you time
cdog

Hi Cdog
One thing I noticed is sptd.sys used in daemon tools/alcohol120. It frequently causes BSOD's

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
[/quote]
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Let us know if the BSOD's continue.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127214-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

the last couple BSOD said page fault in non BSOD area fault paged page in non pages area i got didn t have a driver listed but not long ago aswsp sys was slisted I have XP pro mb ram CPU I haven t added any new software or hardware to be getting these BSOD please help me I am a starving web designer graphic artist and can t afford to loose my PC my system restore stopped working too BSOD page fault in non paged area here is BSOD page fault in non paged area my HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Innovative Solutions DriverMax devices exe C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data U U Launcher LaunchU exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACT Binn sqlservr exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Photodex ProShowGold ScsiAccess exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.865109/
Relevancy 66.22%

OEM/Retail: OEM - MSDN-AA

Hardware is 3 months old
Software is also 3 months old

--
Also got Bad Pool Header as well.

A:BSOD: Page Fault in Non-paged Area

wangp,

Welcome to SevenForums.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

UPDATE YOUR SEVENFORUMS SYSTEM SPECS

User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |

in left-hand column,under Your Profile, Edit System Spec |

using SIW and Speccy to gather info, fill in the blanks.
Do me a favor and add the word laptop or desktop to the ?system manufacturer? block.
Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader, Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169697-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My laptop has been crashing to a bsod with the message 'page fault in non paged area' for a while now. It seems to do it pretty much randomly. Sometimes it'll only run for a few minutes then crash, others it'll run for hours and have no problems (whether I'm playing games or not).

Dell Studio XPS 1645 laptop
Windows 7 professional x64
Intel Core i7 Q720 processor
AMD Radeon HD 6570M/5700 Series graphics card

File attached.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

A:BSOD - page fault in non paged area

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click on the Start
Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
When it opens, go to File, Save
Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259294-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I'm recieving this BSOD when I try to install antivirus software. I had Kaspresky pure latest version and I uninstalled it, then I tried to install avast BSOD showed up, then I tried Avira, same thing.

I uploaded latest two mini dumps files.

Thanks in advance.

It appears that Avast is the culprit. Download there Uninstall Utility and follow the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1114216/
Relevancy 66.22%

of the desktops in my household have suddenly started to continually reboot without fully loading They are fault area BSOD:Page nonpaged in both WinXP machines and have AVG loaded as their antivirus software After prompting me to log in as a user and before I can even do BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area this they both display a blue screen with the following message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and then advises me to try Safe mode etc it also shows the followng technical information STOP x x c x x CE x I am able to fully load the machines in Safe mode though I can t do much in this mode I haven t installed any new hardware can t swear that someone hasn t tried to install neww software but think its VERY unlikely I ve tried restarting them in selective startup with all startup programs disabled still get the BSOD Can anyone help me please p s I am at best a dabbler in IT so I ll probably require a fair bit of guidance Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area

My first step would be to check the memory. How many sticks do you have? I would first try taking all sticks out and trying one at a time. Often this error is caused by some type of hardware failure, but start with the memory.

Also log into safe mode and check add/remove to see if any new software has been added. What anti-virus, if any, do you use?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.875774/
Relevancy 66.22%

Attachment 181568

Attachment 181569

Hi there. I am having such problem recently and I don't know the reason of it as I don't recall installing any new software or programs lately. Thanks in advance. In addition, I encounter this problem randomly daily. Aside from that, when I am playing a game (most likely the a little higher graphic game) or doing other things or even nothing, my screen will turn blank but the laptop is still functioning. Sometimes, I do still hear sounds when i am listening to the music or watching a movie during the screen blanking moment.

A:BSOD Page Fault in non Paged Area

Btw, how do determine whether any of my drivers or hardware are not functioning properly? I guess this may be the cause of the problem though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194724-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys,

I really need some help here! I left my computer running overnight and after some Windows Update it has been giving me BSOD on startup, it doesn't even get to the login page, just BSODs. On Safe Mode it works fine but It wouldn?t start with a clean boot or diagnostics boot, just BSODs like in a normal boot. I have tried restoring to a previous date with no success (it gave me an error but after I loged into Safe Mode it told me it did restore, updates are no longer installed but i'm still getting BSOD). All of the files from the diagnostics tool are attached.

Thank you!!!

A:Help with BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area)

TDSSKILLER

download link TDSSKiller

Save to the Desktop

Right-click the program and select

When the TDSSKiller console opens, click on: Change Parameters
Under Additional Options, place a check in the box next to: Detect TDLFS File System

Click: OK

Press: Start Scan

If a suspicious object is detected, the default action is Skip, leave it as is, and click on: Continue
If malicious objects are found, they show in the Scan results.
Ensure Cure (the default) is selected, then click: Continue > Reboot now, to finish the cleaning process.
(Note: If Cure is not available, select Skip, >>Do not select: Delete<<)

When done, the tool outputs its log to the disk with the Windows Operating System, normally C:\

Logs have a name like:
C:\TDSSKiller.X.X.X_12.04.2013_15.31.43_log.txt

Please post the TDSSKiller log in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301210-help-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Was playing LOTRO trying to figure out a connection issue when the magic BSOD appeared (attached). So, I read the instructions and have attached the outputs as requested. About the only thing I can say that has been odd is the system will sometimes stutter, mostly barely noticeable but at times it pauses for 1/10th of a second and continues on.

I would appreciate your review of the files and let me know if there's something I can fix or it was just a lark. Thanks.

Windows 7 Professional x64
First installation of sw on hdd. no previous OS
full retail
system is 1 year old (at least the build is, some parts may be a bit older)
OS has never been reinstalled. Just like I never had to reinstall XP...ever...I only reinstall in dire emergencies. But, that's why we have backup drives.

A:BSOD - Page Fault in nonpaged area

Quote: Originally Posted by Lincoln2011

Was playing LOTRO trying to figure out a connection issue when the magic BSOD appeared (attached). So, I read the instructions and have attached the outputs as requested. About the only thing I can say that has been odd is the system will sometimes stutter, mostly barely noticeable but at times it pauses for 1/10th of a second and continues on.

I would appreciate your review of the files and let me know if there's something I can fix or it was just a lark. Thanks.

Windows 7 Professional x64
First installation of sw on hdd. no previous OS
full retail
system is 1 year old (at least the build is, some parts may be a bit older)
OS has never been reinstalled. Just like I never had to reinstall XP...ever...I only reinstall in dire emergencies. But, that's why we have backup drives.

This one Related to Creative OS Services Driver. RE-install with newest.

Also old drivers needing update here

Code:
LVUSBS64.sys 5/10/2007 12:21:07 AM fffff880`06686000 fffff880`06690900 0x0000a900 0x46429db3
SaiH8000.sys 4/4/2008 7:26:34 AM fffff880`04a4c000 fffff880`04a76480 0x0002a480 0x47f6106a
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169878-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html