Windows Support Forum

Connecting multiple speakers to my laptop and controlling them individually

Q: Connecting multiple speakers to my laptop and controlling them individually

Hi,
I am creating a small demo software wherein 4 simple mono-audio speakers need to be connected to my laptop, the main program, written in Java will play audio from one of the speakers depending on the input cue.

How do I go about achieving this? Any tips, hints most appreciated.

TIA!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Connecting multiple speakers to my laptop and controlling them individually

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Connecting multiple speakers to my laptop and controlling them individually

First, the laptop audio is not a home sound system and can be easily overloaded with what you are attempting - - don't drive this at high output volumes!

this will show the wiring to get all 4 with output at the same time.

The speakers in parallel like this create a load 4x heavier than just one speaker.
Get 8ohm speakers like these http://www.radioshack.com/8-ohm-mini-speaker/2730092.html
which will reduce the load to only 2x.

The red circles are individual volume controls. Place a toggle switch between the controls and the speakers and you can play 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 or all four.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-multiple-speakers-to-my-laptop-and-controlling-them-individually.207277/
Relevancy 73.53%

How do I connect two sets of speakers that work independently, i.e. one set remains at the computer desk playing a DVD and other in a different room playing online radio, to the same PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-multiple-speakers.663837/
Relevancy 67.51%

so I have a nice 4.1 speaker set that I want to use for my laptop. My laptop doesn't support it, so I was only able to do the 2.1.....it sounds nice, but I would really like the whole 4.1 feel.

Besides buying a $70+ pcmcia sound card, is there any other alternative? any other type of adaptor that I can plug in so I can use all 4 speakers?

some kind of splitter or someting, like those headphone splitter that I can plug in my laptop, and then plug my speakrs to it....will that work?

A:connecting speakers to laptop

The 2.1 in the laptop only produces a 2.1 audio stream
You need to reprocess the sound to get 4.1, which is a 4.1 sound card's function.

An external device cannot truly create 4.1 from 2.1, the required info is not actually in the audio stream. The best you would get is a psuedo 4.1, if such a device actually exists,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-speakers-to-laptop.328775/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am trying to connect my laptop through my amp to output from my speakers, I have bought the necessary cable, but I can not get the sound to switch from my laptop speakers to the external speakers. Is there anything else that needs to change or should it switch autonatically when I connect the cable at the headphone socjket on my laptop.

A:Connecting laptop to amp and speakers

Use the Headphone rather than the Line Out and it should take care of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-laptop-to-amp-and-speakers.104264/
Relevancy 66.65%

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it's possible to hook up two desktop speakers to a laptop. I'll include technical information, but let me know if there's any other info you need.

The laptop doesn't seem to recognize the speakers when I connect them. I know the speakers work, so it must be a problem on the computer's end.

Info:
I'm running Windows 7 x64 on a Sony Vaio model PCG-7192L laptop. The speakers' model number is GEM2.0, and they connect to the laptop through a line-out connection. Unfortunately, I don't know the manufacturer, since they're a few years old and it doesn't say on the label. Hope that helps, though.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey all,
I have an HP laptop and was wondering if there is a way to hook up additional desktop speakers (without disabling the internal speakers). I can hook up the additional speakers to the laptop's output port, but that disables the internal ones. Basically, I want a total of four speakers instead of two. I don't know if this will help for the situation, but I have attatched the TSG SysInfo.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3893 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1722 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 290646 MB, Free - 176681 MB; D: Total - 14293 MB, Free - 2363 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1425, 54.26, CNF0256WH0
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

Thanks,
Jason

A:Connecting additional speakers to laptop

Not that I'm aware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-additional-speakers-to-laptop.999139/
Relevancy 66.22%

So i managed to get my bluetooth speakers and laptop paired, but the sound is still coming through the laptop speakers, i went into the audio area and the only option to playback is the laptop speakers.

The bluetooth speakers show up in devices, and it seems to know that they are speakers, but how do i make it show up in the audio area so i can choose to use them instead of laptop speakers?

A:connecting bluetooth speakers to laptop (halfway there)

ive spent hours on google trying and trying different things to get it working, from what i can tell it has something to do with ad2p i dont really know what that is, some kind of driver that isnt a part of windows 7, i cant seem to find it though, all links are dead ends. but i am finding a lot of other people with this problem! including plenty of old and unanswered threads on this site!

anyone know where i can get a AD2P driver for my samsung series 5 laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309906-connecting-bluetooth-speakers-laptop-halfway-there.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently got a used computer speaker system from a family member It s made by Altec Lansing and has two desktop speakers and Problem connecting to speakers computer laptop a subwoofer All the cables are there except the cable to connect the system to my computer I went to radio shack and bought a quot stereo cable and connected the laptop to the speaker system Problem connecting computer speakers to laptop but was unable to get any sound to come out Power was on with light volume was turned up on both the Problem connecting computer speakers to laptop speakers and the laptop The laptop also works fine when I plug a pair of regular desktop speakers into it I eventually gave up and returned the cord but just the other day was poking around the control panel and noticed that under quot sounds and devices quot there are a number of different options for speaker configurations Would changing the speaker configuration have made the speaker system work Or do you think that the speaker system is just broken Maybe the cable I got was the wrong kind I could use some help here nbsp

A:Problem connecting computer speakers to laptop

Those options only effect the quality of the sound. Have you tried connecting the speakers to a normal HiFi as there is nothing particularly special about computer speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-computer-speakers-to-laptop.269589/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am using a HP 15 AF008ax AMD machine and running OS Windows 7 -32 Bit on it. The problem is that audio is playing through both the laptop speakers and the headphones/external speakers connected through 3.5mm audio output jack. Technically the laptop speakers should mute themselves whenever I connect an extrenal audio device like headphones or external speakers are connected through the 3.5mm audio out jack. However, it is not happening which is quite annoying and having searched a lot of places on the internet, HP Support Forum included, I have not yet received an answer with a satisfactory solution. If someone out there has been through the same or has knowledge about it, please let me know how to get rid of this nagging problem.  --- Jimmy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/AUDIO-OUTPUT-THROUGH-LAPTOP-SPEAKERS-NOT-MUTED-ON-CONNECTING/td-p/5802712
Relevancy 61.49%

I am attempting to configure a Compaq laptop (running Windows XP with an on-board Ethernet interface) to physically connect to five separate sites that each have different network settings (IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway). The laptop should be able to connect to each site locally and access the network with minimal user intervention. (This almost reads like a Microsoft certification question, doesn't it?) I have not been able to effectively configure hardware profiles or user accounts to achieve this. Please help.

A:Connecting an XP laptop to networks at multiple sites

Is that an XP home or Professional version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-an-xp-laptop-to-networks-at-multiple-sites.64024/
Relevancy 58.48%

I established a computer just for clients to login to for their data files I just getting ready to go live but noticed under the Properties gt Security Tab for several of the more critical folders Program Files Users Windows includes the following quot Group or user names quot Users Administrators TrustedInstaller SYSTEM CREATOR OWNER Also noticed the c USERS folder and the user names within it are visible I hid just the user folder but could Controlling/restricting access. remote file multiple users still change to c users and view its folders Am I correct that these seem like to glaring security issues I have set myself up Controlling/restricting multiple users remote file access. in the administrator group and the remote access users with quot limited quot access in the users group Should I or is there any reason not to restrict the Program Files Program Files x Windows folders to the Administrator group only or will this probably prevent the users from using running the programs as well Should each user be granted specific permission plus me as the administrator instead of Group level User permission of their individual c users username folder Can should the c Users username folders be hidden Any suggestions are appreciated

A:Controlling/restricting multiple users remote file access.

Post Follow-up:

Well, just realized one problem with hiding c:\users or their sub-folders. Seagate dashboard (ver 2.2.29.0) backup utility to 3tb USB doesn't "see" the hidden folders to backup -- that's a problem....

I un-hid the folders and now backup "sees" the folders

Still looking for suggestions...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293265-controlling-restricting-multiple-users-remote-file-access.html
Relevancy 55.47%

an someone please help me find out what is going on with this Dell Mini 1012. We have had problems for a long time with issues that spread to all laptops in the house. This is the last one still semi functioning. I have ran some things from safe mode and can post the logs. I ran gmer and otl. Computer is running so hot. I think someone has took control. Please help.

A:Need help.. I am not sure who or what is controlling my Laptop..

Did you make virus scans with as many scanners as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/320798-need-help-i-am-not-sure-who-what-controlling-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I was wondering, does anyone know how to manage a laptop's fans? I try to keep my laptop running at full speed (max power setting) and it sometimes gets quite hot, but I'm not sure if the fan is going at top speed. So, any help?

A:Controlling the fan speed of a laptop

I use speedfan

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299633-controlling-fan-speed-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I was wondering, does anyone know how to manage a laptop's fans? I try to keep my laptop running at full speed (max power setting) and it sometimes gets quite hot, but I'm not sure if the fan is going at top speed. So, any help?

A:Controlling the fan speed of a laptop

I use speedfan

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/299633-controlling-fan-speed-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop got a virus about a month ago and it was shutting down my anti-virus program Norton and I was seeing some other random problems Programs show up as empty in the start menu I had a similar problem about a year ago although virus/bot laptop controlling not as aggressive ran RKill then the malawarebytes scanner and virus/bot controlling laptop it was fixed This time it started out similar to the previous virus in that I would get a rundll error on start up so I tried the same fix RKill Malawarebytes scan but it didn t help Then it seemed to get progressively worse I tried the combofix program on the advice of a friend the results of the scan are below Also hadn t been able to use the wireless on the laptop so I downloaded everything from a separate laptop and transferred via memory card Combofix ran in reduced functionality mode since I had no internet access and couldn t install the recovery console Now that combofix was run the wireless is back up and running again it seems but programs in the start menu still show up as empty Also forgot to mention in the interim I bought a new laptop for work the affected one was years old anyway got my fair wear and tear out of it but would really hope to use this one as a back-up beater for the wife to use In the fix process I just uninstalled Norton and Malawarebytes so it is stripped of any antivirus I m assuming I should not risk connecting to the wireless at all until I download and transfer new AV program to it is that the best way to go about it Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated ComboFix - - - mike - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from D ComboFix exe WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED - REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY MODE - Other Deletions c windows Downloaded Installations BMPc windows Downloaded Installations BMP D E-C A- E -A B-D BFA CB MSTc windows Downloaded Installations BMP D E-C A- E -A B-D BFA CB BACS msi Files Created from - - to - - Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers npf sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wpcap dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system Packet dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl - - - - ----a-w- c documents and settings mike g mdlhlpx exe - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components browsercomps dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot SynTPEnh quot quot c program files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot - - quot Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot quot c program files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - quot Dell QuickSet quot quot c program files Dell QuickSet quickset exe quot - - quot Adobe ARM quot quot c program files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - quot QuickTime Task quot quot c program files QuickTime qttask exe quot - - quot Communicator quot quot c program files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe quot - - quot TkBellExe quot quot c program files real realplayer update realsched exe quot - - HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft windows currentversion policies explorer quot NoStartMenuSubFolders quot x quot NoCommonGroups quot x quot NoPrinters quot x quot NoRecentDocsNetHood quot x quot NoChangeAnimation quot x HKEY CURRENT USER software microsoft windows currentversion run- quot ModemOnHold quot c program files NetWaiting netWaiting exe quot SetDefaultMIDI quot MIDIDef exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion run- quot ehTray quot c windows ehome ehtray exe quot igfxtray quot c windows system igfxtray exe quot igfxhkcmd quot c windows system hkcmd exe quot igfxpers quot c windows system igfxpers exe quot IntelZeroConfig quot quot c program files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot quot IntelWireless quot quot c program files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless quot SigmatelSysTrayApp quot stsystra exe quot DMXLauncher quot c progra... Read more

A:virus/bot controlling laptop

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438392/virusbot-controlling-laptop/
Relevancy 55.04%

i have one laptop and one desktop. i want to keep my laptop plugged in upstairs in my room. i would like to be able to turn it on using some wake-on-lan thing and be able to control it remotely as if i had the laptop in front of me

can you recommend any tools i could use to do this?

thx

A:controlling my laptop remotely

I don't know about turning it on.

If the laptop has WIndows XP Pro and the desktop has XP, you can use the Remote Desktop feature for the control. If you don't have the right OSes, there are utilities available for doing the same thing. Search for "LAN remote control."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/controlling-my-laptop-remotely.495247/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am creating a new thread based on the post below. I was unable to respond in time since I travel for a living.

These following posts were made to the thread:
Re: LimeWire and HelpAssistant
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f284...ml#post2516530
Posted by: chemist
On: 12-30-2009 10:31 PM

I followed all of the steps in the post I was unable to get the GMER Rootkite Scanner to run. Each time I would run the scanner after a few hours my laptop with should shutdown automatically.

Please advise as to next steps.

Thanks

<M>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trojan-or-virus-controlling-my-laptop-448729.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I keep my laptop with standard windows 8 on. But when I go out, I would like to remote control laptop using ipad or android tablets. I tried teamviewer. It makes lot of data traffic. But I am not sure whether that is optimal compared to other free remote control softwares available. I tried with logmein also. But logmein does not free have android app. Any light thrown on this will be appreciated. My criteria is
1) free software
2) with less internet data traffic compared to others
3) ease of use

A:remote controlling windows 8 laptop

I use PocketCloud for iOS on both my iPhone and iPad. I am unsure if there is an Android version.

The limitation would be that you will not be able to use RDP with the standard version of Windows. But the only real advantage of this is that it is easier to setup and doesn't require a 3rd party service to run continuously on your PC.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26638-remote-controlling-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am server ) to with shares credentials? multiple single ( Error 1219 on System a Connecting multiple running Windows Vista Home Premium SP on my laptop I have a Fedora Core server running SaMBa They share a subnet with and taken by networking - on the server on the laptop The server has multiple SaMBa shares for this example myserver share and myserver share There are two SaMBA users user and user each either their own passwords user can access myserver share and user can access myserver share I log on to the Vista laptop using a separate user pass from either of those two accounts When I attempt to connect to these shares I Connecting to multiple shares on a single server with multiple credentials? ( System Error 1219 ) can do so without a problem if I connect to them singly using quot connect using different user name quot However if I attempt to connect to both simultaneously I get quot System error has occurred Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user using more than one user name are not allowed Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again quot I need to be able to connect to both shares simultaneously but using the different credentials I don't want user creating files in myserver share and I don't want user creating files in myserver share I have tried manually using NET USE and I get the same error when I try to map the second drive after the first is mounted I have also messed with regedit and changed HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Lsa LmCompatibilityLevel from to a certain site suggested this I've also seen some DNS kludges that trick the windows client into thinking its connecting to multiple servers but I haven't the capacity to arrange something like this easily -- nor do I like the idea of using kludges to fix what should be a simple-to-fix scenario Is there a 'correct' work-around for this

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f3ee2c61-a5c7-48b3-a3bf-23ea323da699/connecting-to-multiple-shares-on-a-single-server-with-multiple-credentials-system-error-1219-?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a large number of Brother PJ- printers that users connect laptops to Even though they are all exact same model the laptops are creating multiple model of multiple Connecting queues the printers same create brand new local Connecting multiple printers of the same model create multiple queues print queue for each individual printer I suspect Brother Connecting multiple printers of the same model create multiple queues has implemented the serial number capability within the USB spec The laptops are ending up with a large number of print queues on them all labeled copy copy etc which is confusing the end users Nerds understand what they are and how to pick the correct Connecting multiple printers of the same model create multiple queues one for the printer that's currently connected but must of my users aren't nerds Brother has a support document on this issue I have connected multiple printers of the same model to one PC but can only print from one of the machines Brother But it simply describes how to choose the correct print queue not how to prevent multiple queues from being created in the first place The printers are working great otherwise but I'd really like to find a way to configure Windows Professional -bit to have just one print queue regardless of which PJ- it happens to be connected to Any ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383599-connecting-multiple-printers-same-model-create-multiple-queues.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Greetings I've recently started using a new work laptop that came loaded with Vista My last laptop which I had for about three years was running Windows XP and at the time I made the switch to the new machine I was pretty comfortable with the way that the machine close of display lid Controlling on laptop behavior operated and with the way that I had the system configured I'm trying to keep an open mind with regard to Vista I try hard Controlling display behavior on close of laptop lid not to be an OS bigot since part of the reason I started working with computers was because I enjoyed learning new things and trying new approaches I've encountered a few problems the most troubling of which from a long-term viability perspective are VPN-related A number of my customers use VPNs with client software or connection methods that do not support or play nice with Vista For now I have workaround Controlling display behavior on close of laptop lid solutions that I can use for those customers One of the more irritating problems is something I have not been able to find any information on - how can I control what happens to the displays connected to the laptop when I close the lid When I'm in the office I typically have an external monitor which I've configured to extend my desktop to I sometimes need to close the lid of the laptop whether it's to connect Controlling display behavior on close of laptop lid something to the rear of the docking station or to hide the display while I step away from the desk for a few minutes On the old XP laptop this would simply turn off the LCD display the external monitor remained unchanged That's how I would like my new laptop to work However on this new Vista system when I close the lid the desktop on the LCD display suddenly gets transferred to the external monitor sometimes with drastic changes in resolution that muck up the desktop arrangement that I've spent some time setting up I think I've got the resolution change problem eliminated but how can I keep the laptop LCD display from getting transferred to the external monitor I have not found any settings that would seem to control this I removed the Lenovo Presentation Manager software thinking that it might be the culprit but that has not changed the behavior Details of the laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T p Vista Business x GB RAM NVidia Quadro FX M video adapter ViewSonic VA w external LCD display Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ted

A:Controlling display behavior on close of laptop lid

Hi. Welcome, I'm a newbie too! Don't know if this is of any merit: I know on our Lenovo laptops in work you can change the display settings by holding down the Fn button and pressing F7 (on the laptop keyboard). This toggles the display window where you can specify how you want the displays to work. Seeing as you have uninstalled the Presentation Manager I don't know if this will still work. There is also a setting to control how the laptop works when the lid is closed. This can be found as follows: Control Panel > Power Management > Advanced Tab - Power buttons - When I close the lid...(Do nothing option). Don't know where it is in Vista though, sorry. I'm sure it's similar
Hope this helps!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/145757-controlling-display-behavior-close-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Before you ask, yes I've tried that. What I need now is something I can use to manually control how fast my fan spins, and at what temp. Tried SpeedFan, but it cannot detect laptop fans. Any help regarding controlling my fan MANUALLY is greatly appreciated.

A:Manually Controlling Laptop Cooling System?

Aside from gaming laptops, which typically supply such tools, it's generally not possible nor recommended. Many systems have the fan controls tied to the BIOS. Some have an app installed (not user configurable), which if it's altered or missing, the fan defaults to full speed.

In any case, good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/manually-controlling-laptop-cooling-system.1057633/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi,
I tried googling and searching your forum for this, and havent really come up with anything, so i thought I would try and ask..
is it possible to use bluetooth speaker and laptop speakers at same time?
I got a hdmx jam for xmas, and wanted to put that behind me, as i game on my laptop. id like to use both the laptop speakers and the hdmx bluetooth speaker at same time on windows 8.1
any suggestions?

oh and merry xmas to everyone too.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/37828-hdmx-bluetooth-speakers-laptop-speakers-simultaneous.html
Relevancy 52.03%

after moving house and connecting my computer find cant get sound , either muffled or nothing HELP!

A:connecting speakers

Check the speaker connections and make sure it's plugged into the correct port.

Make sure the volume knob on the powered speaker is turned up.

Check the volume control panel in the taskbar and make sure the sliders are high enough.

Try a different set of speakers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-speakers.786358/
Relevancy 52.03%

Does anyone know the difference between connecting speakers to the Line Out or the Speaker connection on a desktop? I don't think that I notice much of a difference between the two but just wondering.

Thanks,
Jason

A:Connecting Speakers

Well...

If your card is like mine, the Line Out is for the 2 rear speakers, and the Speaker is for the front 2 speakers ( depends on how it is setup in the Sound properties )...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-speakers.111199/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I've just bought my new pentium 4 (I haven't bought speakers).
I'm trying to connect my old speakers but don't know to where (which hole at the back of the PC). I tried all the 6 of them (each has a different colour) with no help.

Might be one of them is OK and the problem is elsewhere...

I'd appreciate your support!

Thanks,
Vamprirecharm.

A:Connecting Speakers

Usually the green plug if colour coded. Then check the volume on the speakers and power is on. Then can check volume setting in windows volume control. Was this a retail buy pc or self built?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-speakers.503819/
Relevancy 52.03%

go to this url :
http://tw.giga-byte.com/home/6_channel_audio.htm

i connected my 2 pair of creative SBS-30 speakers to the green and blue slots as stated in the diagram.
the audio is only heard from the green channel.

any help?
thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi - my friend was throwing out his home theater system because the main unit stopped working - but i decided to take his speakers but am having trouble figuring out what to connect them to.

this is the system:
http://www.insignia-products.com/pc...home-theater-system-with-dvdcdmp3-player.aspx

i have all the speakers and the subwoofer...and they all have wires that come end with the straight wire that is stuck into the receiver. Do I have to buy a new receiver? Is there some sort of unit I can buy to do transfer the music info/power to the speakers but use my current receiver and split it two ways?

Any ideas are welcome and much appreciated.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

I have a Dell XPS M1330 laptop and have recently upgraded to windows 7 professional (32bit) from windows vista. Everything seems to be running smoothly except I can get no sound from the internal laptop speakers. When I plug in external speakers in via the jacks on the front, sound comes through fine, but as soon as I unplug them there is nothing. Headphones also work like this too. Under sounds in device manager, it simply says 'High Definition Audio Device', and I'm not sure if I should be downloading some other drivers?

Any advice is welcome!
Thanks.

A:External Speakers work, Laptop speakers do not

What do you have set as your default sound device? Mine is set to my external speakers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/46385-external-speakers-work-laptop-speakers-do-not.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I'm using a Packard Bell laptop, Windows Vista and a Realtek sound card.

I've searched a lot to find how to NOT mute my laptop speakers when I insert something in the audio-out-jack.

The next threads say it's not possible by the hardware:
techspot.com/vb/topic140707.html
techspot.com/vb/topic130170.html
They're closed, so I can't comment on them.

BUT when I dual boot to Ubuntu (using the same hardware), I can easily choose to mute the internal speakers, or the jack, or none at all. So why can't it be possible on Vista?

A:Same audio through laptop speakers and external speakers

You answered your own question... It's a software/OS issue. If Vista's Realtek options in the Control Panel don't give you the same options as in Ubuntu, you're out of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-audio-through-laptop-speakers-and-external-speakers.164317/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been browsing Google for the past four hours trying to find a way to connect my hi-fi speakers to my computer.
I obviously already know of the 3.5mm to phono method that connects to the AUX of my main hi-fi unit but I'm looking for a method to use only my speakers and not the main unit.
Each speaker connects via four exposed wires into the back of the main unit and then you close small clamps to lock them in place.
I've seen people have mentioned on several websites that it's possible to use a small amp/tuner to bypass the main unit but I'm still not sure.
The system in question is a Panasonic SA-PM28 and thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Relevancy 51.6%

I am cosidering to replace my old (i.e. 5 years...) hp Pavilion 6751 with new All-In-One 24-g050nj OR AIO 23-q200nj and did not find if i could keep using my old multimedia speakers system, with any of those 2 models;and if the answer is positive - how?By the way - do you have any recomendation regarding these 2 models?Thank you

A:Connecting external speakers to All-In-One

Hi, I think the 24" machine has audio ports at the back:        http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05219939 and the 23" machine only has combo jack at the bottom:       http://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c05053943 The best way is go to a shop, talk with the salepperson and to have a touch and feel of those machines. Regard.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Connecting-external-speakers-to-All-In-One/td-p/5741774
Relevancy 51.6%

I have some altec lansing XA3021 speakers, and I wanna know what I need to hook em up to my comp?
On my sound card ,I have a port for a Sub, l/r speakers ,and surround.
these are the speakers :http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details.asp?pID=XA3021&sID=7

Thanx in advance

A:Connecting Speakers to a computer

At almost any electronics store you can purchase a Stereo to RCA Left/Right cord.

Has a stereo jack on one end that plugs into your audio-out on your computer, and the red/white RCA left/right jacks on the other end that go into that subwoofer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-speakers-to-a-computer.129382/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I ve recently upgraded my creative speakers to a pair of KRK Rokit RP G Monitor Speakers I ve plugged my guitar through a mixer Line POD into one of them and it sounds great Though my problem is is that I m a bit of a moron when it comes to technology I want to plug my monitor speakers into my computer so I can listen to music through them and play through them with my guitar aswell I m not sure if this is possible The speakers have XLR -pin RCA amp Monitor Connecting Speakers? quot TRS - k Ohm Balanced Unbalanced ---- none of this makes any sense to me and all the monitors came with was a power cable The main question is is how I connect them both together and to my computer Also Connecting Monitor Speakers? will they sound ok with my sound card Realtek HD audio which is built in my computer or should i buy another one I have no idea how to install them so maybe an external one could be better Any comments and help would be great Thanks JimmyBob nbsp

A:Connecting Monitor Speakers?

I think this might be too music hardware related for this forum. I'd try Home Recording forums, (google em) if you still need help. I'm sure you'l get some help there.

David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-monitor-speakers.968506/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone, what I'm trying to do is connect my 5.1 surround sound system to my computer and my xbox 360 at the same time. Right now I have my xbox 360 connected to my speaker system ( http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/4218.jpg), through this adapter (http://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/6776.jpg). Now my Xbox 360 and my computer are ont he same monitor though my KVM switch (http://images.belkin.com/F1DS102P/FUL1_F1DS102P.jpg). and I don't have any speakers for my computer, I have a 5.1 surround sound card and all that so I know the speakers work for my computer, my question is how can I get them to hook into both? Like do they ahve a KVM switch for speakers? Anything will help, I'm thinking right now that this isn't possible

Relevancy 51.6%

Evening I have a issue here concerning older peripherals i have a gateway lx - running vista the jacks for the speakers i guess on the mother board on the back of the computer rows of consisting of a purplish black and yellow top row pinkish green and blu bottom row speakers 5.1 to desktop connecting speakers are altec lansing ada one bass and satellites the plug into the back of bass and off the connecting 5.1 speakers to desktop base is a cord wire w plugs at the end a yellow green and black i tried different combos to plug them together and i only get the bass and satellites at one given time so any help in getting this straight thanks ron Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB X Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway FMCP AM Antivirus None nbsp

A:connecting 5.1 speakers to desktop

Have you set windows to use 5.1 speakers? I am not using a windows computer right now however it should be in control panel>sound and from there speakers. Once you set the 5.1 option, it has a test feature so you can check that all speakers are working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-5-1-speakers-to-desktop.1127133/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

I am trying to connect computer speakers to my TV via a 6ft 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 RCA Male cable , i have the RCA red and white connected to the TV and the female end connected
to the speakers , i am getting no sound out of speakers, the speakers have their own power which are plugged in, the RCA cable ends do not seem to be snug when plugged into TV, are there different type RCA cable ends ?

Thank you

Dan

A:Connecting computer speakers to TV

not usually - are you using an audio out on the TV ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-computer-speakers-to-tv.1168385/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please help. I had this brilliant idea over the weekend, but have not been able to figure out how to put it into reality. I teach school and show several movies through out the year. We have an abundance of computer speaker systems. Wanted to hook those up to my DVD player for better sound. I know there has to be an adapter out there, but I can't seem to determine the correct search words. Speakers are all normal computer system with one black and silver end that plugs into the sound card. DVD player has 2 jacks in back of it for sound - one for left, and one for right. It says 2 CH. Audio Out. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction?? Thank you so much!

A:Need Help connecting computer speakers to DVD

i'm assuming your dvd player has large round RCA type connectors. in that case, you'll need to buy a stereo multiple-out box (also referred to as a splitter box) and the appropriate cables.

a cheap alternative would be to take two identical pc speaker systems and patch one to the left output and one to the right output. but you'll still have to buy cables and perhaps an adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-connecting-computer-speakers-to-dvd.49716/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a new Inspiron 24 All in One. I want to hook up my Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Speakers. I can't figure out how to make this work. I plugged the speaker jack into the speaker port at the back. However, the computer doesn't recognize them. I click on the speaker icon on the task bar, but only the built in RealTek speaker shows up. My external speakers are not wireless.
What do I do?? THank you!

A:Connecting external speakers to new all in one?? Help!

I am having the same issue... did you ever find a resolution?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19662221
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

I am trying to connect my computer speakers to my tv, i know i need a rca Y cable but i am finding it hard to find which female end i need to order, i have attached a picture .

This is what i am thinking of ordering

6ft 3.5mm Stereo Female to 2 RCA Male

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-computer-speakers-to-tv.1167589/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I just bought some Altec Lansing Powered Audio 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers for my PC. Now the only problem I have is to connect the 5 speakers theres 3 cables.

Light green, yellow and black.

Now I have the green connected fine into my computer as I know where that goes, but where does the yellow and black on connect.

On the back of my computer its only got 3 colours, green pink and something else (sorry I forgot its late)

How do I connect the yellow and black cable, and where to?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
For a very long period, I have been using the headphone in my desktop PC and kept my creative 2.1 speakers aside .Now I need to use 2.1 speakers.I am not able to configure it properly and hence no sound coming in the speakers.Please let me know the windows sound configuration needed to use the 2.1 speakers in the PC.

Thanks

A:Connecting and configuring creative 2.1 speakers

Normally that's done in your sound panel....ie Realtek or VIA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/256930-connecting-configuring-creative-2-1-speakers.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Since I got my Dell XPS computer in April of I have never been able to connect to bluetooth speakers It can find and pair with bluetooth speakers but is unable to connect to Computer bluetooth speakers not connecting and get sound into Computer not connecting to bluetooth speakers the speakers The speakers work fine with tablets so I know there is nothing wrong with the speakers I currently have the Windows operating system When I got the computer I had Windows I tried troubleshooting the problem by going to hardware and devices and after quot detecting problems quot it says restart you PC to finish installing drivers and updates I click on quot apply this fix quot and then I am told quot we ve made some changes that should fix the problem Restart your PC for the changes to take effect quot When I click on quot next quot I am told quot windows isn t set up to install and download drivers for your devices To insure your devices work correctly we recommend changing your settings so windows will download and install drivers automatically quot When I click on view and change settings it indicates that the option to automatically download apps and icons is already checked quot yes quot When I click next again I am told windows update is configured to never install drivers When I go to the action center and select connect and choose the bluetooth speaker I am trying to connect with it will say quot connecting quot for a while and then it will say quot couldn t connect quot When I go to the Dell website I am Computer not connecting to bluetooth speakers told quot No driver updates found Your system has the most recent updates quot I am baffled as to how I can get the computer to connect with the bluetooth speakers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-connecting-to-bluetooth-speakers.1167282/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have a Acer Aspire 3050 1908 Lap top with Windows XP
I can hear music from the laptop speakers but when I plug in my little PC speakers they aren't picking up the sound. The speakers are OK, I used them with my portable DVD player. Is there a setting I can change? I'm a little baffled since the speakers are usually plug an play.

Thanks In advance,
Bugs

A:Problem With Connecting External Speakers To Lap Top

Are u plugging them into the headphone jack or the line out?

You should make sure that you are using the correct jack first of all.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112790/problem-with-connecting-external-speakers-to-lap-top/
Relevancy 51.17%

i have amw s99 dvd player. i want to connect my computer speakers to the dvd player but dvd player has different type of jack for that i had bought a conversion cable from market. when i connect speaker to that it works but only the left speaker. i had changed every settings but nothing works. i also connect my headphone but same with them. dvd player has two jack(left speaker and right speaker) i tried both but the same problem occurs. can anybody help m in doing so. please help!!!!

A:connecting computer speakers to dvd player

What kind of a cable did you buy and what kind of connectors do your speakers and DVD player have?

If the DVD player has RCA connectors for audio out then you need to connect them both to get stereo sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-computer-speakers-to-dvd-player.22913/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,
Just looking for some help connecting Bluetooth speakers to the Optiplex 3020.
Hitting a few roadblocks.

Thanks!

A:Optiplex 3020, connecting Bluetooth speakers

Hi,
Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
Optiplex 3020 doesn't come with any Bluetooth card pre-installed on the computer. May I know if you have installed any add-on Bluetooth card and installed the drivers? If yes, please provide us the model/manufacturer of the Bluetooth card to check the further options.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19669411
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Vista and Bluetooth on my Dell notebook. Am able to get my Nokia wireless speakers to work through the earplug jack but cannot get sound from speakers when wireless. Bluetooth shows speakers have been discovered and they are "paired." Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-wirelss-speakers-bluetooth-problem-491521.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I connected my Asus N550LF to my HDTV via HDMI but the sound still comes from the laptop speakers, i opened realtek and the HDTV speakers weren't appearing in it, help please

A:when connecting HDTV the speakers don't show up in realtek

The sound comes from the video card not Realtek when using HDMI. Right click on the sound icon, then play back devices, then select the TV.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65350-when-connecting-hdtv-speakers-dont-show-up-realtek.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I was wondering if it was even possible to connect different speaker systems of an entire floor of people. I am living in a fraternity house next year and wanted to wire all of our different sound systems together so that when we wanted, we could play one song throughout the floor. Of course everyone will have different speaker systems. Is this possible?

A:Connecting mulitple, different speakers for an entire floor

You will have to buy a large PA system and connect it to only one music source to the PA AMP. You can "daisy-chain" many speakers to the amp, but the sound quaility will suffer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-mulitple-different-speakers-for-an-entire-floor.127967/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi so I recently bought a Samsung flat screen TV to replace my old computer monitor as I mostly use my old desktop for watching movies The problem is that I can't connect my computer speakers to my new monitor since it has no mm headphone jack It does however have a optical out as well as an RCA Help connecting screen flat speakers to TV computer red and white out The guy at RadioShack Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV talked me into purchasing a -RCA male X -male mm along with a mm female coupler but for some reason that didn't work for me I have watched a few videos where people are taking an rca cable with male ends on both ends PS and connecting it to a RCA female to mm male splitter and adding a mm coupler to the end so they can plug in their headphones and supposedly this works I just can't understand why that works but the way I tried it doesn't I've considered just buying a couple of bluetooth receiver transmitters and going that route but that could get expensive Would a viable solution be to use a digital to analog converter and a toslink cable with two male ends I'm still not sure why the RadioShack guys setup didn't work for me Not unless there is some particular setting I am meant to adjust in order to switch the sound from TV SPEAKERS to COMPUTER SPEAKERS

A:Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV

Hello arayfo1

The sound comes from your PC so why do you not connect your speakers directly to the audio output from your PC?

However, if you want the sound to go via your new TV then you have to make sure the audio as well as the video is being sent from your PC to your TV and so you need to use the HDMI cable connection which carries both video and audio signals. You will also need to set up the sound playback device on your PC to be the HDMI output too.

Perhaps you can describe exactly the connections you have made from your PC to your TV and then we can help further.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55220-help-connecting-computer-speakers-flat-screen-tv.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi so I recently bought a Samsung flat screen TV to replace my old to flat screen computer connecting TV speakers Help computer monitor as I mostly use my old desktop for watching movies The problem is that I can't connect Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV my computer speakers to my new monitor since it has no mm headphone jack It does however have a optical out as well as an RCA red and white out The Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV guy at RadioShack talked me into purchasing a -RCA male X -male mm along with a mm female coupler but for some reason that didn't work for me I have watched a few videos where people are taking an rca cable with male ends on both ends PS and connecting it to a RCA female to mm male splitter and adding a mm coupler to the end so they can plug in their headphones and Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV supposedly this works I just can't understand why that works but the way I tried it doesn't I've considered just buying a couple of bluetooth receiver transmitters and going that route but that could get expensive Would a viable solution be to use a digital to analog converter and a toslink cable with two male ends I'm still not sure why the RadioShack guys setup didn't work for me Not unless there is some particular setting I am meant to adjust in order to switch the sound from TV SPEAKERS to COMPUTER SPEAKERS

A:Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV

Hello arayfo1

The sound comes from your PC so why do you not connect your speakers directly to the audio output from your PC?

However, if you want the sound to go via your new TV then you have to make sure the audio as well as the video is being sent from your PC to your TV and so you need to use the HDMI cable connection which carries both video and audio signals. You will also need to set up the sound playback device on your PC to be the HDMI output too.

Perhaps you can describe exactly the connections you have made from your PC to your TV and then we can help further.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/55220-help-connecting-computer-speakers-flat-screen-tv.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Sent my computer back for repair 2.5 months ago! just got it back with a new motherboard msi 945p/945pl (not sure which) and cant get my speakers to work properly.

I have a creative inspire t6100 5.1 speakers using the on board audio and can only get two of the speaker sets working. ie if the front speakers and sub/centre wrk then the rears dont. or the rear and front work but the centre/sub doesnt.

ive tried different ways of plugging them in but have no idea what making them work and then not work.

Please help some one its driving me mad, and i daren't send it back for another 3 months.

A:Audio problems connecting speakers on msi 945pl

sorry about both threads read the thing about over exclaiming just as hit post. Tried to stop it but obviously failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problems-connecting-speakers-on-msi-945pl.105527/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I am having trouble connecting my rear speakers.  Ive looked through the forums and tried everything i found.  When I press the connect button the blue light flashes for a few minutes and goes out.  I tried the test tone thing.  I tried turning of the sub and turning it back on.  Any help would be appreciated.

A:Trouble connecting rear speakers (WL6000)

Please provide system specs, including details of sound card and the speakers you are trying to connect. Col :smileyhappy:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/18668320
Relevancy 49.88%

I have had this desktop for years without any issues. I use external speakers connected to the audio jack in the back. Once you plug in external speakers (or headset), the internal speakers get disabled as expected. Last night my PC automatically installed the Windows Anniversary Update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607). After this update, now both my internal speakers and external speakers are working at the same time! I cannot seem to disable the internal speakers without also disabling my external speakers. Lowering the volume affects both sets of speakers as well. I tried disabling audio and re-enabling but that didn?t help. How can I get back to my original audio behavior where connecting the external speakers (or headset) to the back 3.5mm jack would automatically disable the internal speakers? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Internal-Speakers-Continue-to-Work-After-Connecting-External/td-p/5781445
Relevancy 49.88%

I have the ordinary internal speakers (2) playing music on my laptop and they work fine, but I have a pair of (not old) wireless speakers and I though is there a way were possibly a setting could allow me to play music through all of them, it would be great to have my laptop and some speakers in another room playing music.

I've looked deep, but I thought maybe some experts know the trick.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/223360-using-external-speakers-laptop-speakers.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Just got a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and use an audio cable to connect to my stereo receiver and speakers. The speakers are working, but so is the laptop speakers. Any idea how I shut them off so the sound doesn't compete with my house speakers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987368
Relevancy 49.02%

I currently have three comuters, all with Soundcards, but I have only been running one of the computers through a Creative Labs 5.1 speaker system. I've been using the digital connection from the soundcard (Creative Labs Audigy) to the speaker set. All of my computers have the same sound card, which leads me to my question; does anyone know of a way to hook up all three comuters to a single set of speakers, preferably using the digital connection?

I don't mind using an external device to manage the setup, but I would like something that will be outputting the sound from all three computers at the same time. I tend to use only one computer at a time, so I'm not worried about one comouter stepping on another computer...

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA!

--Zoxxo

A:Multiple Computers -- One Set of Speakers?

You could use some sort of cable splitter, but I dunno about 3 times.

I'm not certain if there's a device that would serve as a sound hub, but you might as well look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-computers-one-set-of-speakers.2671/
Relevancy 48.59%

Like setting the sound in Winamp and Teamspeak?

A:Any way to set the sound individually in apps?

If you're talking about setting the volume, yes you can.

With Realplayer and Musicmatch when you change the volume it just changes the system volume. But both WMP and Winamp have an independent volume control. I don't have Teamspeak so I'm not sure about that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-set-the-sound-individually-in-apps.587869/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys I recently added a USB handset for voip phone calls to my pc which shows up as a USB speaker system in addition to the standard laptop speaker system It works fine for my softphone but most other applications also seem to have chosen to use the quot USB multiple Audio with speakers settings Speakers quot rather than Audio settings with multiple speakers the built in laptop speakers So when I get a new e-mail notification for example it only rings in the phone Audio settings with multiple speakers handset and times out of I don t hear it I ve gone to the audio options on the bottom of the screen and selected the mixer where I can see both audio devices and sub-controls for many of the applications that use audio associated with the wrong one but there seems to be no way I can find to tell the app which speaker system to use What am I missing Thanks in anticipation Pcal PS The USB speaker system set itself as default when it got plugged in If I set the Internal speaker as default in the Control Panel quot Sound quot section then the softphone can t find the USB handset at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-settings-with-multiple-speakers.1164982/
Relevancy 48.16%

As most know, I'm always working on computers for resale; cleaning up sloppy, infected, and/or over "adulterated" hard drives for the sales floor. As part of the process, I always use Windows search for the obvious file formats and have found, oddly enough it seems to me, jpg files which I try to preview (since only an icon shows up as a tile in the search window) ask me for a password. Until recently, I have never seen an individual jpg file password protected. Since the icon is the Kodak logo, I'm assuming it's not a personal or adult type file that I need to get rid of. But how can I view a file like this in XP?

Relevancy 48.16%

Just as the title says, I wanted to know if such an animal exists. I need to have a program that automatically archives each file individually, adn performs the action on the specified folder and all subfolders (while of course keeping the tree intact, and not compressing any folders...)

Does this exist? I found one where you specify the folder, then it archives all the files individually, but one folder at a time.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance!

A:Archive Files Individually Within All Subfolders

Never mind, after much searching (many hours prior to posting this question) I found my answer, MyZippa, located here: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MyZippa-Download-27233.html

Great program that does exactly what I wanted, woo!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/archive-files-individually-within-all-subfolders.580243/
Relevancy 48.16%

Can you number each page individually on one document.
Or start numbering them on page two.

A:using word. Number pages individually

Yes. If you want to start numbering on page two, there are a couple of ways to do that. One is to go to page layout and select "different first page." The other is to insert a "next page" section break at the bottom of the first page, and unlink the second page footer from the first page footer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387831/using-word-number-pages-individually/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to re-arrange the order of tabs in taskbar but those that are similar, move together in groups.
Let me explain with an example:
I want to place the Firefox tab between 2 explorer tabs but windows won't let me

I start draging Firefox to the left:
And Windows automatically moves Firefox tab past the 2 explorer tabs

I want to place the Firefox tab between those 2 tabs.
And a similar problem happens if I want to switch the order of those 2 explorer tabs: Windows won't let me place "Program Files (x86)" before "Program Files". If I try to drag one, both of them move at the same time in a group.

Is there a way to disable this "grouping" of tabs?

A:Is there a way to move taskbar tabs individually?

7+ Taskbar Tweaker might do the trick:

7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/51249-there-way-move-taskbar-tabs-individually.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I'm not sure whether what i want to achieve is possible but here s my objective Having just got into music streaming from my Windows pc using Firefox as browser and Deezer for the music i wanted to achieve multiple room listening rather than speakers? to it possible audio Is simultaneous from output multiple create just listening from the Is it possible to create simultaneous audio output from multiple speakers? stereo speakers attached to the pc So i've plugged in a Is it possible to create simultaneous audio output from multiple speakers? bluetooth usb adapter Advent with EDR and connected up a harman karman BTA bluetooth adapter to the hi-fi in my living room and purchased a Minx Go Cambridge Audio portable wireless music system speaker To my great relief all installed successfully and all the devices play - but only individually The question therefore is can i and how do i go about adjusting the computer audio settings to have music playing simultaneously via the hi-fi in the living room the pc connected speakers in the back room and the portable Minx bluetooth speaker When i looked at Control Panel and then 'Sound' i've found how to change the default playback source between the items listed but can't see how i can get all the items to play music from Deezer at the same time for that multi-room sound experience I'd appreciate any help you can give and in simple steps because i'm no computer techie Last point just in case it's relevant concerns the Advent Bluetooth adapter I purchased this online having checked that it was going to be okay for Windows On the packet though it says Windows XP and Vista but having then checked again before trying it out others had installed successfully on Windows - and obviously it also worked for me as far as i can see because all the devices do work Thanks

A:Is it possible to create simultaneous audio output from multiple speakers?

I can say that overall it is possible to do…maybe not with your specific hardware setup. For example, if you are using a system using AirPlay to stream (i.e. Airport Expresses connected to speakers, other computers, iOS devices, AppleTV), then iTunes music can be streamed with to multiple locations with no additional software. I have such a setup. If you want to stream non-iTunes content, then you can use a third-party program called Airfoil to stream that other content.Now, obviously, unless you want to switch gears to an Airplay system (or something else, the above does not seem to help much.Where is helps is that maybe there is some other third party application that can do something similar for your situation.You might see if this helps:http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/66484-63-output-audio-devices-time

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532342/is-it-possible-to-create-simultaneous-audio-output-from-multiple-speakers/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a home stereo system 4 speakers and a sub that I want connected to my computer. The problem I'm having is that while I want those connected, I also want a set of computer speakers connected as well so I can switch to them when playing games or what not then switch over to the home stereo system (from cd to aux or whatever, just a different input) when blasting music. All I know is that the one output works or whatever (green one) but I don't know if I can use another output or input. I have about 6 audio jacks in my comp with a RealTek soundcard. Can ne one help me?

A:How do you connect multiple speakers using 2 different outputs from reciever to comp?

Most computer and audio shops have "mixer" connectors... but if you want to have separate volume controls for each set, you need to get fancy. Buy a control box designed for the purpose... acts the same way a preamp does... usually about $30 to $40.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-connect-multiple-speakers-using-2-different-outputs-from-reciever-to-comp.71034/
Relevancy 47.3%

On my to Solved: Office individually? install How applications new Dell Inspiron notebook XP Home I uninstalled Works and wanted to install Word and Excel ONLY When I inserted the Office disc I chose the custom install button but wasn t given any option Solved: How to install Office applications individually? to choose which items to install such as a tick in a box I chose run from computer for Word and Excel but now I find everything has been installed but for the Solved: How to install Office applications individually? items I don t want they are labelled run on first time use or similar I am concerned that these items are taking up perhaps a lot of disk space when I don t want them I tried to uninstall them via add remove programs but was not given the option to remove individual programs In addidion I now get an annoying message every time I start up saying quot Eiher there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client quot There is no close box just an OK box which I dare not click in case it installs Outlook and the red X which I have to use to close the box At present there is no internet connection but if when I do connect I shall use Outlook Express Can anyone help please johnni nbsp

A:Solved: How to install Office applications individually?

place the office cd back in the computer, do an uninstall of certain programs. from here, choose which you want to uninstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-install-office-applications-individually.474144/
Relevancy 47.3%

WLM is gathering all e-mails in a specific topic under one heading. I prefer the old OE system of listing each individually in date order. I can then decide which ones I want to file together.

Can I change to this and if so how?

A:How to get back to listing e-mail messages individually

You mean this? Windows Live Mail 2011: Turn Off Conversation View | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/350312-how-get-back-listing-e-mail-messages-individually.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Is it possible to put webpage shortcuts on my desktop, taskbar, bookmarks list that open with individual parameters for size and location? If Firefox cannot accomplish this would a different browser be able to?

A:Opening window to specific size and loc, individually

Putting shortcut on your desktop is accomplished by putting the desired site in your Bookmarks>Go to the far right and open up enough screen to see empty spot on your desktop (double arrow shows)>Drag Bookmark to desktop. As far as the parameters you mention, please further explain what you want to happen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/opening-window-to-specific-size-and-loc-individually-605354.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I just used System Restore a couple days ago to recover from a bad Windows Update install. It has saved my hide a few times.

These 'points' have accumulated over time and are about to reach its capacity (75GB). After it reaches this threshold, I fear my manual updates are going to be eaten away. Is there any way to keep the manual points I've made, but remove the points Windows has automatically generated?

A:remove System Restore points individually?

Option three using CCleaner.

System Protection Restore Points - Delete - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/315508-remove-system-restore-points-individually.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok so here is the deal I like to have full control over everything I like things to be simple but still have complete functionality I recently purchased a new external hard drive It is a plug and play seagate expansion I like how Windows Backup saves all of the files that you have modified since the last backup automatically at a certain time that you designate However when you go into the backup file they are all zip files and have things all split up if they are big and I have some big files Is there a free backup software that functions like the Windows Backup program but is more like an automatic copy and paste thing or can I get Windows Backup to function as follows For example I want it to automatically copy and paste the files that have changed since the last time over to the external hard drive and I want them to remain the way they are I don't I create I How do where can backup access files the a individually? want them in the zip files I want to be able to access a single file the same way I normally would I don't want to have to remember all the files I've How do I create a backup where I can access the files individually? changed throughout the day and copy them over myself So it's basically an exact copy of my Library that updates automatically when I plug the hard drive in or at a scheduled time Thanks

A:How do I create a backup where I can access the files individually?

Welcome
You are describing Karens Replicator. I use it and love it.
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/240924-how-do-i-create-backup-where-i-can-access-files-individually.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I just used System Restore a couple days ago to recover from a bad Windows Update install. It has saved my hide a few times.

These 'points' have accumulated over time and are about to reach its capacity (75GB). After it reaches this threshold, I fear my manual updates are going to be eaten away. I need a way to keep the manual ones I've set, but remove the ones Windows has automatically created. Is there any way to do this?

A:remove System Restore points individually?

Hi -
It is generallyregarded that if today is a "good day" then why not set a fresh batch of restore points starting from now.

When you have a problem or infection, you reset all points once the problem is fixed.
To go back beyond this point means that you are entering areas of infection or problems -

I just reset every few months if all is OK, and that is all I have needed ......

Others may have opinions, but these are just mine -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517870/remove-system-restore-points-individually/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All My Athlon XP Pro sp machine has started misbehaving It appears that system resources processor memory are being consumed individually Mode? do processes Safe How start in I by something How do I individually start processes in Safe Mode? over which I have no control Firewall and virus scan up to date and running fine The main symptom is a lagging and jerky cursor slow How do I individually start processes in Safe Mode? opening of dialog boxes amp slow responses in various other ways My only clue is when looking at processes in the task manager a process called HPZipm exe keeps briefly appearing maybe times a minute for second each time I ve How do I individually start processes in Safe Mode? uninstalled all my HP stuff no change I did notice that an HP Viewer tried to self install on a recent startup and was difficult to get rid of but not now The problem goes away in Safe Mode so how do I slowly and individually start all the stuff in Safe Mode I normally have running on regular startup in order to try and identify the problem When I find it what do I do then Many thanks for your time Peter nbsp

A:How do I individually start processes in Safe Mode?

Look in Msconfig (if it is one of those tasks) and individually run them.

The easiest way may be to download, install and run HiJackThis

Run the Scan and save log
When the LOG file opens in Notepad, select all, copy and come back here and paste the results in a Reply post for review.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-individually-start-processes-in-safe-mode.651297/
Relevancy 46.87%

This was previously posted in another section and I was asked to post here Sirefeff and other viruses - cant run TSSDkillerWorking remotely on monitoring and blocking IPs from a Hacker in China I may have gotten attacked just after the hacker successfully entered the server and changed all logins and passwords I was able to get the server up and running again after several days of working and without important data loss However my laptop was riddled with various speakers, redirects playing google multiple through viruses, music viruses One of which was intended to halt start-up I recognized the multiple viruses, music playing through speakers, google redirects process and did a hard shutdown opened in safemode and successsfully removed that viruses I then began using various utilities to scan for viruses Mbam SuperAntiSpyware ESET online scanner Five of the viruses removed was Sirefef a b c d and p ESET removed five additional a bot two trojans and three redirects Then ran CCleaner I then tried to use the already installed Microsoft Security Essentials but it failed to launch I noticed that the firewall was also turned off and when trying to restart it I would only get an error message relating it could not be restarted I tried running TSSDKILLER from Kapersky but it doesn t run Flushed DNS deleted TMP files cleared HOST file removed rogue Domains obvious as they referred to sites I never used would never use in the registry renamed it to something com and it still doesn t run Ran Rkill which didn t help with TSSDkiller Ran THC to clear temps reran Rkill and TSSDkiller still won t run I ran Hijack this and there were severl missing files reported LSASS being the most noticeable but I am not overly experienced in virus removal beyond use of apps to remove such to know if what I am looking at should be deleted or not System Laptop is Toshiba Satellite OS is Windows x gb ram Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Users sp Desktop router hack detection tools Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MIF BA Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO no name - F E A -E B - BC - A - A AE - no file O - HKLM Run VMware hqtray quot C Program Files x VMware VMware Player hqtray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BCSSync quot C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot DelayServices O - HKLM Run ToshibaServiceStation quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe quot hide O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe install silent O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe install silent O - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cleanup rundll exe quot C ProgramData Malwarebytes Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cleanup dll quot ProcessCleanupScript O - HKLM RunOnce C -FA - - C - FA A D F cmd exe C s... Read more

A:multiple viruses, music playing through speakers, google redirects

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465732/multiple-viruses-music-playing-through-speakers-google-redirects/
Relevancy 46.87%

I want to know how to save clips INDIVIDUALLY in Windows movie maker .
I capture video from handycam tape (Digital8) with Windows Movie Maker.
I capture the entire tape automatically and save it to one AVI file.
When wizard finishes capturing it also create clips.
Collection includes many clips named dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm.
This date and time information is crucial for me.
I want to keep thisinformation so that I'll be able to search for recorded clips by date.
I can drag and drop each clip to timeline or storyboard and save it separatelly.
But I don't want to do this manually. There are way to many of them.
I want all those clips to be separatelly saved with
date and time information included in name of file.
Can that be done?

A:Saving clips individually in Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

Once the clips are imported into WM maker go to the file menu & save/ export them, one & all. You should be able to save them in the file name format you see them in or rename them to what you want.

If you want to add many files at the same time select them drag & drop them in in one go. Please ensure the files are positioned in the right order in your production video.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285400-saving-clips-individually-windows-movie-maker.html
Relevancy 46.87%

How should I go about connecting multiple switches? Should I connect one switch to the other and then connect the file server to the last switch or should I have one switch acting as a backbone to other switches and then connect the server to the backbone switch? Or is there any other better way? by better way I am trying to stress on the performance and security point. thanks.

A:connecting multiple switches

Without knowing the type of switches you are talking about, the devices you are looking to connect, the type of traffic you plan on supporting on this network, and where these devices are going to be physically located relative to one another, it is hard to give a proper recommendation.

But in general, you need to group connections for devices you know will use a lot of bandwidth. When I say group connections, you need to place these devices on the same physical switch. This allows the communication between devices to stay on the same physical switch's backplane. If this is not possible based on your plan, you need to look into capacity planning with your uplink connections between switches. This means looking at faster uplink connections or the use of port aggregation.

In terms of security, I don't know what your parameters are for better security. You need to elaborate on this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-multiple-switches.851269/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello everyone here is my idea I would like to connect routers to switch hub where server computer and client computers will connect to the switch hub ROUTER A ROUTER B ROUTER C GATEWAY ROUTER ROUTER DHCP enabled DHCP disabled DHCP disabled Help! multiple routers... Connecting SERVER COMPUTER PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - Connecting multiple routers... Help! SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - PC PC PC PC IP ADDRESS - DEFAULT GATEWAY ROUTER - SUBNET MASK - All of this will connect to the switch hub I hope it is not confusing cause I m a bit confused myself I need help on whether this setup will work I want the server computer to see all computers and will be able to access them I am also confused about the DNS server address what should I address to each router In case you were wondering why didn t I get a fat pipe and connect all the computers to it instead I took pipes and grouped the computers into routers Hmmm well I guess it looks fun to do it I would like to here from you guys gals before I even start this project I am open for questions suggestions and even criticisms Thanks in advance guys I am looking forward for your feedback nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6021 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, -1988 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 939683 MB, Free - 900134 MB; E: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 242355 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0J7G0Y
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I have 2 computers. Both computers are Windows 7 Home Premium. One of them has a Verizon router connect with an Ethernet cable to the Verizon router. It has internet explorer and is the main computer. I have it set up for sharing. I want to be able to share data and files with the main computer. The other computer does not have a network. How do I set it up so that it has Internet Explorer and allows sharing?

Relevancy 46.87%

Can you please leave any advice and opinions pertaining to multiple switches connecting together.In every office in our building has 3 to 5 switches connecting together and we have total of 17 offices.  then my IT manger complaining the slow performance of our network. so he ask me to give any ideas whats going on, he insist that the network connection is the caused and not on the server. so i checked the network connection in every office then i noticed 1, 2 or 3 switches connecting together. also 1 unit of wireless router every office. network cables are old.  Thank you in advance for the reply   

A:Multiple switches connecting together

This topic should be in Networking.In commercial use, a hub or switch should feed 16 users. In good practice there should not have to ever be more that two switches from any users to thew main server. But each office can has its own layout.If the system is really several years old, like maybe over 15 years and has grown, it may be time to review the entire topology.  You may need the help of outside consultants.Something that complex can not be resolved with a few changes if it  is a large system. How many workstations are there? Over 100?You said 3 to 5 switches. That sounds very huge. 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150733.0.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I would like to connect a variety of wireless devices in my house to my work VPN while allowing other devices in the house access to my home network as normal.

I was hoping to find a wireless ADSL router that allows me to associate a LAN port to a VPN connection, then connect a wireless access point to that port. I could then run two wireless networks in my house, one that would connect to my work VPN and the other that would not.

Is there such a router?

If not, is there some other way of doing what I need?

A:Connecting multiple devices to a VPN

Sorry for the bump, but would this do the trick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-multiple-devices-to-a-vpn.1019402/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm setting up our schools with wireless. I would like to be able to connect from WAP to WAP without entering the security key each time I conect to a new access point. I would like to connect using one key, and have it work on each access point. Is this possible?

Thanks much!

Keith

Relevancy 46.44%

I just installed a Logitech z-2300 speaker set + subwoofer. no software necessary, just plug and play, but I have gotten blue screens of death when I am multi tasking. Please help me stop this

A:Multiple Blue Screens of Death after Installing Logitech z-2300 speakers

Run through the steps given here:How to receive help diagnosing Blue Screens and Windows crashes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254114/multiple-blue-screens-of-death-after-installing-logitech-z-2300-speakers/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am just returning from college and I have a 4 year old desktop that works fairly well, but does not have a wireless card. I am trying to connect to the internet through a router that my family owns but I cannot get it to connect. It is a linksys and we have cable internet service. Any suggestions?

A:Connecting Multiple Computers to one router

Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Reboot the computer.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

Note: If Ur computer is running 98 or ME replace CMD with command.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-multiple-computers-to-one-router.751457/
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok I have a situation you could say Basically my work computer is connected to my landlords internet modem router via wireless We have a central computer which stores a large Access database with our customer s information within However accessing this database through the Landlord s router is almost impossible for the lag encountered while loading it is handicapping We have recently moved offices and in the old office where we had a personal internet line and personal router everything worked ok To help remedy the situation I installed a router to Connecting Computer Networks Multiple connecting the three PCs in the office together supplementing the Wireless internet connection offered by the landlord However it seems that there is some limitations to how many network connections you can have running for upon enableing the wired LAN connection no internet just Computer Connecting to Multiple Networks an internal connection the Wireless internet shuts down Considering we need both this is somthing of an issue So my question Besides asking the landlord to install a more-powerful router what other routes could we take to LAN the office PCs together in order to bypass the Landlords router Thanks for any help you can provide We are running Windows XP on all machines nbsp

A:Computer Connecting to Multiple Networks

If you manually configure the wired connection and leave the Default Gateway and DNS Server addresses blank, you will be able to access the local LAN on the wired connection, and the wireless gateway for Internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-connecting-to-multiple-networks.852722/
Relevancy 46.44%

Please don't laugh at this stupid question but im just trying the possiblility. Is there anyway to connect two motherboards to combine the prossessing power and memory?? If so is this at all affordable with a $200 budget.
thanks.

A:Inter-connecting multiple motherboards, is this possible??

No, it is not possible with such a budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inter-connecting-multiple-motherboards-is-this-possible.17251/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all We have a WinXP PRO Multiple to networks simultaneously Connecting SP computer on a domain here that needs active connections to two networks simultaneously I have NICs wired wireless but it shouldn t Connecting to Multiple networks simultaneously matter and one is connecting wirelessly to our corporate Intranet for network printing and Exchange Server e-mail and other network resources the Intranet is capable of accessing Connecting to Multiple networks simultaneously the Internet and the wired NIC is connected to a totally separate DSL modem for Internet access to a specific VPN Our corporate firewall prohibits this VPN connection that s why we added the DSL line However when the wireless works Windows ignores the Ethernet connection And when I can get the Ethernet connection to work Windows ignores the wireless Both say they are quot Connected quot in Network Connections and wireless range is not an issue Excellent signal strength Is there a way to get these connected without compromising security on Connecting to Multiple networks simultaneously all the other computers I don t want any of our other computers on the Intranet getting to the DSL service as it s not protected by our corporate firewall and they don t need any special VPN connections Thanks nbsp

A:Connecting to Multiple networks simultaneously

Hi and Welcome to TSG!

The following is directly from microsoft.
There are a number of scenarios where it is desirable to have a wireless device connect to multiple networks simultaneously. Currently, this is possible only by using multiple wireless network cards in the device. Unfortunately, using multiple wireless cards causes excessive energy drain and consequent reduction of lifetime in battery operated devices. In this paper, we propose a software based approach, called MultiNet, that facilitates simultaneous connections to multiple networks by virtualizing a single wireless card. The wireless card is virtualized by introducing an intermediate layer below IP, which continuously switches the card across multiple networks. The goal of the switching algorithm is to be transparent to the user who sees her machine as being connected to multiple networks. We present the design, implementation, and performance of the MultiNet system.We analyze and evaluate buffering and switching algorithms in terms of delay and energy consumption. Our system has been operational for over twelve months, it is agnostic of the upper layer protocols, and works well over popular IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN cards.Click to expand...

Hope that helps in a way.
Kind Regards
Anthony

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-multiple-networks-simultaneously.534420/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone,

I am working in a company, where I have been given the license to play around with some computers in a lab, whilst maintaining the network settings on each machine.

There are 10 computers, each of which has XP Pro SP3 on them, they are connected to each other via an active hub and use the network 10.0.0.0 with subnet 255.255.255.0, there is no gateway/DNS setting.

My problem: I have an internet point in the room, and at the moment I can only connect the internet to one machine, but I want to connect every machine to the internet, any ideas on how to do this would be a great help.

If you need anymore information, please ask.

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to connect two external monitors to my HP Probook G laptop and use them along with the onboard screen for a total of Monitors Connecting External Multiple displays nbsp Plugging one monitor Connecting Multiple External Monitors in via VGA works fine nbsp However when I Connecting Multiple External Monitors plug a second into the DisplayPort the first monitor turns off and both external displays say No Signal nbsp nbsp I was unable to find a clear answer in the product spec but it appears there may be a limit of screens using the onboard ports including the laptop screen nbsp HP support was completely useless in answering my question and linked to the same spec document that did not have the answer nbsp nbsp So I tried using a USB adapter to provide an HDMI port DisplayLink chipset nbsp However even plugging in this HDMI cable causes the onboard VGA to disable and both external monitors say No Signal nbsp Is there any way to connect two external monitors and use them at the same time as the built-in laptop screen nbsp nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Connecting-Multiple-External-Monitors/td-p/5736770
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a belkin g ADSL router in one building linked to a netgear WAG wireless AP in the same building and a db aerial outside I then have another netgear WAG in another building with a db aerial and I got this working setting the first WAG as a repeater with client extensions with the belkin being the child and the points multiple connecting access other WAG being the parent Now I wish to connect another wireless AP in another building I have a netgear WG this time and another db aerial one problem I have is I do not know what the IP address of the parent WAG is and when looking on the attached devices of the belkin it does not list it the second problem is I tried setting the new WG as a bridge with the MAC address of the parent connecting multiple access points but this did not work I thought of setting the WG as a point to multipoint bridge but in order to do this I assume that I must reconfigure the other AP s and I am nervous of doing this incase I go backwards in my setup as when I tried to get the first two netgear AP s working using a bridge it did not work hence why I resorted to a setting it as a repeater The new AP must connect to the current parent WAG due to location and distance I hope this is enough information for someone to help me I can go on but I do not know how much you need to know to give me a solution that works The purpose is to provide the final building with all around wireless amp wired internet connection using another router in the final building Thanks in advance for you help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-multiple-access-points.789762/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to connect two external monitors to my HP Probook G laptop and use them along with the onboard screen for a total of displays nbsp Plugging one monitor in via VGA works fine nbsp However when I plug a second into the DisplayPort the first monitor turns off and both external displays say No Signal nbsp nbsp I was unable to find a clear answer in the product spec but it appears Multiple Monitors Connecting External there may be a limit of screens using the onboard ports including the laptop screen nbsp HP support was completely useless in answering my question and linked to the same spec document that did not have the answer nbsp nbsp So I tried using a USB adapter to provide an HDMI port DisplayLink chipset nbsp However even plugging in this Connecting Multiple External Monitors HDMI cable causes the onboard VGA to disable and both external monitors say No Signal nbsp Is there any way to connect two external monitors and use them at the same time as the built-in laptop screen nbsp nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Connecting-Multiple-External-Monitors/td-p/5736767
Relevancy 46.44%

So I have several computers behinds a Connecting outside behind to computers multiple the routers from Linksys router I would like to access each computer through the outside by adding another name as a network prefix Let s say each computer would be designated as Mouse Cat and Dog Take SSH for example I would want to SSH into one computer using port by means of ssh email protected and the other by ssh email protected I know I could just use different ports for Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside ssh and have them be forwarded to the different computers with the router and achieve the same effect but I was wondering how I would Connecting to multiple computers behind routers from the outside do it this other way How would this setup work Does it use a DNS server I know I can access different machines on my school this way but I was curious on how this is actually implemented and if I could do it on my home network You don t have to give me specific details just a general direction into what I can research Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I had a printer, a scanner and a zip drive connected to my PC and everything was working fine. I just purchased a HP Deskjet 1220C and because I needed to use it right away disconnected everything and connected the HP. Now I want to reconnect everything else back and I don't remember how it was connected before or how to connect it now and add the printer. I also have a data switch box for the 2 printers. Can someone please help me? I don't know anything about parallel and serial ports or USBs.
Compag 4910
48 MB RAM
AMDK6-266MHz
Windows 95

HP Deskjet 1220C Printer
Epson Stylus Color 600 Printer
Iomega Zip 100
Belkin Data Switch F1b024-E
Mustek III EP Plus Scanner

Thank you

A:Connecting multiple printers, scanner and zip

Plug the Zip drive directly into the computer to avoid loss of data.

Daisy chained out from the computer:
Zip Drive, Scanner, Printer-at the end of the line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-multiple-printers-scanner-and-zip.35519/